Windows Support Forum

Solved: 2 Account Setup in Outlook 2002

Q: Solved: 2 Account Setup in Outlook 2002

I have Outlook 2002. I want to oversee two email accounts.
However, I want the Inboxes (emails) of these accounts separated.
Each time and every way I try to setup these two accounts, the associated
emails get placed interleaved in the same Inbox.
Some other email softwares allow the separation of the multiple accounts in the left-hand column, each with its own Inbox, Sent, Folders, etc.
Is this too much to ask of Outlook 2002, or am I doing something wrong - or failing to do
something else in the account setup?
Anyone else experience this problem?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: 2 Account Setup in Outlook 2002

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.52%

I have two email accounts set up in Outlook on my computer at home. My account works fine but my wife's doesn't. I have sent her several emails from work but they either show up in my inbox or don't show up at all. However, if I send her something from the computer at home whether from my Outlook account or from my hotmail account she receives those OK.

When I go into "Email Accounts" and choose her account and run the test, it says the account is working correctly. Does anyone know what might be wrong with her account?

Thanks

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi

I would just like to import one account to Outlook 2002. Can you help me?

Everything I seem to do adds hotmail, but cannot add the folders.

A:Import one account to Outlook 2002

Hi trickywoo

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

I have moved your post to its own thread.
Did you originally have Hotmail setup in Outlook Express?
Is this a free or paid Hotmail account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-one-account-to-outlook-2002.434629/
Relevancy 69.66%

hi,

i hv a problem. whenever i try 2 setup my microsoft outlook 2002 with my hotmail id it says: Task 'Hotmail: Folder: Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF6) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.'

ne help would be appreciated.
Thnx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-outlook-2002-hotmail-setup-problem.455436/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have 3 accounts set up in Outlook 2002, let's call them A, B and C. Account A is the default and uses my current ISP's settings. I can send and receive via this account. Accounts B and C were set up under old ISP's and I can receive emails through these accounts, but cannot send via them. Under the "Send/Receive Group" option in Outlook, account A is set to send and receive, but B and C are set only to receive email. When I click on the "Send/Receive" button in Outlook, account A performs a send/receive, accounts B and C perform a receive, but then account C tries to perform a send, which fails as I no longer subscribe to the ISP associated with account C. How do I stop account C from attempting a send?

A:Outlook 2002 sends from wrong account

Hi ms340

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

In Outlook 2002:
Tools > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settings > Define Send/Receive Groups > Edit

Select Account C in the left hand side of the window.
Uncheck: Send Mail Items
Click: OK, Close to save and close.

Try a Send/Receive to see if it performs how you want it.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-sends-from-wrong-account.586510/
Relevancy 69.66%

how do you let a limited account user use outlook for their e-mail account(hotmail) plz post directions

Relevancy 69.66%

I need to add an email account to Outlook 2002 for a user. When I try to do so I'm told I cannot do so from within Outlook and I must create the new account by accessing the "Mail" icon in control panel. The problem is there is no mail icon in the control panel. I'm not certain if this is a result of a security policy or if there's something else I'm missing. The OS is Win2K SP3, fully patched and up to date. I tried uninstalling Outlook and then reinstalling under the users profile but the issue persists. I would imagine there must be some way I can delete the current Outlook profile via the registry. If anyone can shed some light on how I might resolve this issue I'd be greatful. Thx.

A:Outlook 2002 Email Account Issue

You can launch the executable file from Explorer. I can't remember it's exact name, but it's something akin to MLCFG.EXE. Do a search and see if you can find it....

Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-email-account-issue.133579/
Relevancy 69.66%

A friend has six basic POP Outlook email account on his XP. He deleted an account via the standard Tools, and Account removal process. The account no longer appears on his Accounts list. But when Outlook is launched the standard pop up window still continually appearing showing the name of the deleted account and the ?Please type user name and password? prompt. Am going demented trying to find out where the hidden profile details are so that I can delete them also for him. Any help greatly appreciated.
(He will then hopefully stop hassling me and I can collect the 3 beers he promised me if I sort it).
Richard

A:Outlook 2002 - mail account undeletable!

Go to Control Panel. Double-click the Mail icon.On the General tab, uncheck Always use this profile under the When starting Outlook use this profile option.Click okgood luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467122/outlook-2002-mail-account-undeletable/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have Outlook 15 set up on two machines -- one is under window 7 and the other under Windows 10. Both will allow me to setup email POP accounts.

However, on my new Windows 10 HP Laptop, Outlook 16 will not allow me to setup a POP account. I fill out the form for manually setting up a POP account but when I test the settings in the last step I get a message saying it failed loggin onto incoming mail server and so forth.

I am quite sure I set the Outlook 16 account exactly as I set up the Outlook 15 accounts.

Can someone help me set up a POP account under 16?

BTW, I can let 16 automatically set up an IMAP account.

Thank you.

A:Outlook 16 Will Not Setup a Pop Account

When manually setting up a POP account, not only do you have to make sure that the pop/smtp server info is correct for your ISP but also make sure you have the incoming/outgoing ports and security options set up.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/126958-outlook-16-will-not-setup-pop-account.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,
I've had Outlook 2010 installed for over two years on my laptop and everything has worked great.

The other day, I tried to set up a new email account and when the wizard appeared, it didn't give me the choice for MANUAL setup. I then realized that the window for the wizard was not showing all the words... the sentences ran past the viewing window and outside where I could not see, which is where the manual set up button was "below". There are no scroll bars or a way to adjust the wizard and I even tried playing with my display settings which did not work either.

I did find a work around that got my email set up but I couldn't go into advanced settings to adjust ports because of the same issue. I've looked everywhere for a fix and haven't been able to find anything... please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-no-manual-account-setup.1112246/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync.

My questions are this.

What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I use this option?When I did select the Office 365 option and pressed next my outlook would crash, any fix?What is the best selection to choose from when setting up my outlook.com account that would be great for automatically syncing with my calendar etc. on outlook.com or apple etc.?

Thank you very much for any help and assistance.

A:Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

Manual setup for outlook.com accounts is absolutely unnecessary, Outlook 2016 does that automatically in a few seconds.

That being said, if you insist in doing it manually the correct option is Exchange ActiveSync. Office 365 option is for so called workplace email accounts, Azure AD / Office 365 for Business or Enterprise users. You select that option only if your organisation uses Office 365 and you want to set up your workplace email in Outlook 2016.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/70158-outlook-2016-manual-email-account-setup-office-365-option-crashes.html
Relevancy 61.92%

OS XP home I recently re-installed my entire computer incl MS Office When restoring the pst files something went wrong Maybe I needed to re-install more than just pst files maybe it screwed up because I renamed the back-up files Either way the problem is that the Contact folder is not displayed in the Outlook Address Book and I cannot manage to make it so I tried the following - Right-clicking the Contacts folder Properties Outlook Address Book tab The checkbox quot Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book quot is greyed out so I cannot check it - Tools E-mail (Outlook in Address Outlook Contacts Book not 2002) Solved: accounts View or change existing directories or address books Outlook Address Book - MAPI is listed as Solved: Contacts not in Outlook Address Book (Outlook 2002) only one When pressing Change I get an error message quot This E-mail account cannot be configured Please run Outlook and choose this profile before attempting to make changes to it quot There is only one profile I had before re-installation but no longer needed the second If I try to Add an Additional Outlook Address Book or a Personal Address Book I get the error message quot The account you have added is not fully configured It might not work properly until re-configured correctly quot Nice but how to re-configure it correctly I prefer not having to re-install the program I tried to Remove the listed Outlook Address Book but then could still not Add one same error message so the originally listed one re-appeared What can I do nbsp

A:Solved: Contacts not in Outlook Address Book (Outlook 2002)

Did anyone respond to this 2.5 year old problem with a solution? I have exactly the same problem now and hope there is a solution out there. I'm puzzled and cannot find the solution on the net. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-contacts-not-in-outlook-address-book-outlook-2002.316561/
Relevancy 60.2%

Source:
Windows XP Pro SP2
Outlook 2002 SP3

Destination
Vista, Home Premium, 32 bit
Office Standard 2007, which was installed as an upgrade.
I did not install Office 2002. During Office 2007 installation, I put the Office 2002 CD into the other optical drive. Office 2002 was NOT installed.

I made the mistake of configuring the email account on the Outlook 2007 account while the computer was connected to the internet. Now, I have many new messages on the Vista computer, which I would like to retain. These messages have been removed from the server.

1. How do I transfer the messages & calendar from the source to the destination?

2. How do I merge the messages in the Outlook 2007 inbox with the messages [ to include those in the inbox of Outlook 2002?

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
RF123

A:Solved: Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2007

In outlook 2007, use File - Impor and Export - Import from another program or file - Personal Folder file (.pst).

Then you point it at a copy of the PST from your old 2002 version of Outlook, copy it over on a CD or DVD or via a network if connected (it will be a large file usually).

You can tell it to not create duplicates etc as you want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2002-to-outlook-2007.569396/
Relevancy 59.34%

Am running Win XP Pro along with Office XP SP Just went to the Office XP update site and installed the Excel and Word Update Oct and the Outlook Update Jan Word and Excel still work fine but Outlook will only start in safe mode hanging at the splash screen if started normally I tried the trick of renaming the dat files noted in some of the bulletin boards but tis did not help I then un-installed Office XP and reinstalled it to SP level without the three patches noted above Outlook still refuses to start normally I seem to recall reading somewhere that there is a quot patch to patch the patch quot for this problem but can t seem to find the article again Have also unsuccessfully searched the web and am now truly stuck Since Office seems to have reinstalled itself with all it s old defaults I assume that the un-install programme does not remove registry entries Any idea if there is a manual mode 2002 update safe of jan after 22 2002 applying only starts Outlook in un-install instruction set anywhere - I can t find it at Microsoft nbsp

A:Outlook 2002 only starts in safe mode after applying update of jan 22 2002

have you tried a repair,it is in the tools tab
if you want to uninstall and get rid of the registry entries use jv16 from
www.jv16.org

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-only-starts-in-safe-mode-after-applying-update-of-jan-22-2002.138302/
Relevancy 58.91%

I had some problems with Outlook 2002. I have windows XP. I uninstalled Outlook 2002 using the disk (I got Outlook 2002 with my PDA). When I tried to re-install Outlook 2002 I started going through the install process and when I got to the part to choose, it said that Outlook 2002 was "not available".

Is there something I can do? Is there some setting in Windows Registry that needs to be changed?

A:Solved: Outlook 2002

Are you suing the right CD, most of the PDA's that I have had, Outlook came on it's own CD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2002.899658/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a user showing 26MB of files in her Deleted Items folder; however, there is nothing there. This is affecting her email limit on our exchange server. How can I find these ghost files and purge them from her Outlook?

A:Solved: Outlook 2002

This is what you get for being too techie - didn't bother check the VIEW! Sorry - view was set to show only unread emails.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2002.924364/
Relevancy 58.91%

Cannot send an e-mail using OL 2002. The e-mail is instantly returned with the followingur message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Test
Sent: 1/30/2005 9:09 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Gloria Stovall on 1/30/2005 9:09 PM
550 not local host pepperlink.net, not a gateway
I have check the account and the incoming mail server and sending mail server with no luck. I can reveive emails without a problem. Help

Relevancy 58.91%

When I open Outlook I get the following message and then I click on OK and I have access to Outlook

The add-in “C:\PROGRA~1\Bin\484~1.0\SBOLExt.dll” could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menus. Unable to load “C:\ PROGRA~1\SPAMBL~1\Bin\484~1.0\SBOLExt….”. You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a .dll file.

I have tried using Detect and Repair, but the same thing happends when I open Outlook.

My operating system is Windows XP

Relevancy 58.91%

Ok, so I was having all these issues with Microsoft Word, and decided, stupidly, to run a detect and repair in word, and did not click either of the options (restore defaults or discard my customized settings). Seems to have fixed the bug in word, but now, when i open Outlook, I have lost all my inbox items, and all of my email accounts are lost. I restored my .pst file and that's great, but is there any way to restore my old inbox? Also, I have an accounting program that I back up everyday onto our server, if a system restore would work to restore my settings to what they were in Outlook and word , will I have to restore the back up of my accounting files? (I.e. is this going to make me lose all of my work?)

Thanks for your help!

A:Solved: Outlook 2002/XP

If you have your old PST file, all you needed to do was configure Outlook to use that PST file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2002-xp.338672/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello This is on a Account Limited User Setup Solved: ASUS laptop WIN I d like to have a Limited User Account for facing the internet on my son s laptop I have this Solved: Limited User Account Setup on my old Dell which is running XP SP His ASUS has Express Gate which I understand is based on Linux and fairly safe but has limited functionality and I d rather see him using a Limited User account The following link shows how to do it and I m wondering if this is the way to go http technet microsoft com en-us library ee v ws aspx When I go to User Accounts I see two accounts one called quot Alex quot - administrator the other Guest - quot off quot Is the Alex account the out of the box admin account Solved: Limited User Account Setup that my son named which had administrator rights Should the system s admin account show up here as well I was expecting to see the System Admin account here as well I d like to follow the info in the above link but got stuck on what I saw in User Accounts Any help will be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

My wife is using Windows Vista bit Home Premium as her operating system She is using Windows XP Office software and included in that is Outlook and that s where the problem is When you 2002 Windows Vista & Solved: Outlook open Outlook you immediately get a pop-up telling you that something is trying to access the program probably her antivirus On this pop-up you must select an amount of time from between to minutes and then to allow or disallow what ever it is that is trying to access Outlook Depending upon the time you allow the pop-up comes back in the given amount of time So at best every minutes you have to battle this thing I d like to know if there is a way to kill this thing It might be easier to use the e-mail option that came with Vista but we could never find a way to import her e-mail and address book There is so much data there that it would Solved: Windows Vista & Outlook 2002 take weeks of manual entry to do this We tried exporting from Outlook in a comma seperated format but all that imported Solved: Windows Vista & Outlook 2002 was names no e-mail addresses Any help would be appreciated Blessings nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I know it is not recommended to increase the size of the .pst file to more than 2 GB, but is there a way to increase the size of the file? Ive done some looking and I see there is some sort of registry setting we can change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 57.62%

My first post. Outlook 2002, Office XP, began with the message: Data file "Personal Folder" was not closed properlty. This file is being checked for problems. Same thing with "Archive Folder". Goes through the checks and I can see my e-mails, and as the "Folders" start to appear, Outlook shuts down. What I've dones so far: went to C:\programfiles\commonfiles\system\mapi\1033 and run the scanpst on archive.pst, outlook1.pst, and outlook.pst., with no errors found in those files. I've Uninstalled MS Office, run malware, adaware, ccleaner. Re-installed MS Office. Tried opening Outlook in "safe mode". No luck so far. Desperate in the desert.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, I don't know what is going on. My Outlook 2002 was working fine on Friday. I just tried opening Outlook and it hanged. So, I cancelled Outlook (and the dump since it is taking 100% CPU) then open it again. When I tried opening Outlook, it asked me to open it in safe mode. In safe mode, it asked which profile I want to use. I selected one and again it hung. So, I cancelled Outlook and the dump again. This time when I open Outlook, it said it had to run recovery/restore. It ran successfully. When I try opening Outlook, again it said to open in safe mode and again it hung. I had tried many times opening Outlook and cancelling it,

In April, I had a similar problem. But when I ran the the recovery/restore with a downloaded proplus.msi, everything worked.

HELP!

Relevancy 57.62%

OK, I have jsut upgraded to XP Professional Suite that includes OUtlook 2002. When you click to send a new email and you select "to" the contacts list sorts the names out with First name first and last name last. Is there a way to reverse this and have last names first, first names last? Any help with this would be great!

A:(Solved)OUtlook 2002 Contacts display

Go to Tools / Email Accounts, Under Directory select the option that states "view or change...." Next

Highlight the name of your address book and click the change button. Here you should see the option to go last, first or first, last.

Let us know if this works!

JessAnn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2002-contacts-display.116094/
Relevancy 57.19%

I've created an Apple ID, and the first time you logon, it redirects you to a page where you need to setup a New User Account. Here is where you put in an alias, where you live etc..., only the alias is required. I log into my Apple ID, the New User Account form pops up, I enter an alias, click the "accept terms" box, then click "Create Account". The screen goes away, and comes right back to the top of the form, not saying if I have done something wrong. So I log out, and back in, and I'm redirected to the "Creat New User" account form. Problem is, I can't ask in the Apple forum UNTIL I have that new user account!!! Any help here would be appreciated. Anyone gone through this? Please re-direct if this is the wrong place. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-itunes-account-setup-for-forums-problem.740191/
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm using MS Outlook2002(regular, not express) on a Win98SE box, AMD K7 Proc, 128M Ram. My internet connection is cable modem. I CAN get on the internet with IE, But when I use MS Outlook2002, click send/receive, it comes back with error 0x8004210A. When I go to the email Acct setup and test the connection, says it can't find the internet connection.

A:Solved: Outlook 2002 not finding internet connection

assuming you have checked that the login password, pop server account names are all OK - including auth etc..
also see here
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827349

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2002-not-finding-internet-connection.418422/
Relevancy 56.76%

Good Morning Gurus!

Have been having recurring issues with Outlook 2002 not closing down properly and when I turn on my pc it advises that it didn't shut down properly inprevious session and it takes a few minutes to reload it.

What is causing that? and how can I solve it?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Relevancy 56.76%

For no apparant reason, emails received via POP3 service (everyone.net) started arriving with subject lines and NO text at all in the body of the mails. Weird or what. Any thoughts?

Relevancy 56.76%

Running Outlook 2002 on XP Home w/ SP2 Office SP3. Installed Office on new laptop. When I hit send for a new message, the mail goes to Outbox. It is sent fine when I hit Send/Receive. Have tested E-Mail account settings and have checked Send Immediately box in Options. On the maching I was using before, all settings are exactly the same and it would send the messages directly without having to Send/Receive. What have I missed? THX

Relevancy 56.76%

Does anyone know what this means please?

The original message was received at Sun, 7 Sep 2008 20:03:49 +0100 (BST) from park-maildir-2.amstrad.demon.net [193.195.24.246]
----- The following addresses had permanent delivery errors ----- <[email protected]m>

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I have been attempting to link all of my emails on windows live mail lately and it looked easy for a while It was until I had to add my Cogeco account to it The system keeps telling me when I attempt to run a test message that it account setup Live Windows manual [SOLVED] Mail can't locate the incoming and outgoing mail [SOLVED] Windows Live Mail account manual setup servers I have even taken the servers declared on their personal website and they do not work Here are my current server settings incoming mail POP pop cgocable ca initially it was quot pop cogeco ca quot outgoing mail SMTP smtp cgocable ca initially it was quot smtp cogeco ca quot E-mail username I have heard of some people checking the box where it says quot my server requires authentication quot and they have had some success I have tried this as well but they require me to re-enter the password and it will not even accept it I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Windows Live Mail account manual setup

Try cgocable support site - I can't get past their logon screen to view support info on email setup -

Which email software can I use ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-live-mail-account-manual-setup-542917.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 that has two hard drives. One contains Outlook email that used to be on MS Exchange. This account is not currently active. The other is my day to day hard drive with an active Outlook account. Both OS'es are Windows XP.

How can I copy an email that is on the old MS Exchange Outlook account to my current active Outlook account?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Copy an Outlook email to another Outlook account

File > Save.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-copy-an-outlook-email-to-another-outlook-account.892114/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am experiencing a strange date ordering problem that I haven't experienced before.

It is absolutley weird.

I have both my Sent box and my Inbox organised by date, with newest on top.

However, in the Sent box, the headings are as follows - next month, three weeks away, two weeks away, next week, Sunday, Saturday, Friday, Wednesday, Tommorow, Today.

In the Inbox it is similar. This is making it very inconvenient when I need to look at recently recieved and sent messages. I've tried adjusting it, but nothing I do gets it working properly.

What is causing this and how do I fix it?

Thanks.

Relevancy 56.33%

I have a system that was running Outlook 2002 and as word 2002 as its text editor and it has worked fine until recently. When I opened up Outlook 2k2 recently and tried to reply to a message, I received this prompt "This form requires Word as your email editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead. An OLE (?) registration error occurred. The program in not correctly installed..."

Does anyone know who to resolve this? I have attempted to repair Outlook using its built in repair utility but that did not fix it.

Please, help.

Dan

A:Solved: Outlook 2002 unable to use Word as Text Editor

The detect and Repair within Outlook will only fix Outlook issues. There seems to be a disconnect between Outlook and Word. Try using the repair installation options by popping the disk in or by using the Change option from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel for Office Xp (You will need the disk either ways.)

If this doesnt work , then try removing the entire Office suite and reinstalling. You wont lose your Outlook data nor the other Office documents in case you were wondering.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2002-unable-to-use-word-as-text-editor.620105/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an ACER cpu with Windows XP and netzero dialup. I thought my mail servers were POP3 and STMP but they dont work! What am I doink wrong?

A:Solved: outlook express setup

torky said:

I have an ACER cpu with Windows XP and netzero dialup. I thought my mail servers were POP3 and STMP but they dont work! What am I doink wrong?Click to expand...

Where's the help? LOL?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-express-setup.637159/
Relevancy 52.46%

Basically, I need to know if it's possible to import data from outlook 2002 (XP) into outlook 2000. I'm creating a file filled with contacts for a person, they have 2000 and I have 2002.

Thanks for your help!
Chinc

A:Possible to import outlook 2002 contact data into outlook 2000?

Yes. Export the contacts from your Outlook as a .pst file and import it into thier's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-import-outlook-2002-contact-data-into-outlook-2000.235493/
Relevancy 52.46%

HI..

Ive got an Outlook 2003 using Boss and a Outlook 2002 using Assistant who are having issues with sharing their calendar. The assistant is inputting appointment data into her bosses Outlook 2003 Calendar.

The issue is : The 2002 user puts in a whole day appointment on a given day (say 10/10/2004). When she opens her bosses 2003 calendar, the same appointment is still a whole day, but it stretches across 2 days (in this case 10/10/2004 and 11/10/2004). Both users use common Regional Settings (Australia).

Outlook 2002 user is at Office XP SP3.
Outlook 2003 user is at Office 2003 Pro SP1
Exchange Server 2000 (sp unknown)

Anyone have any ideas for me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-outlook-2002-shared-calendar-issues.284884/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have tried to import my .WAB file from Microsoft Office Outlook 2002 to Outlook Express. I used File, Import from within Outlook Express. I select the .wab file to import, and I get a message in about 1/2 a second saying it has been done but no addresses are imported.
Do you have to have both programs open? Is there another way to import addresses into OE?

Relevancy 52.46%

I have an Access database that creates a report containing various fields from numerous 2002 Calling Solved: MSWord from MSAccess 2002 tables The document is created correctly nicely formatted and containing all the fields requested The problem is when Word opens up it doesn t have any menu items or toolbars just the document itself The user can still press the ctrl-P key combination to print the document out but many users are novices with regard to MS Office in general and do not know of the various key combos If anyone has encountered this problem before and knows what to do rectify the situation it would Solved: Calling MSWord 2002 from MSAccess 2002 be greatly appreciated Following is the code I use at the beginning and end of the print subroutine I have asked numerous other programmers at my place of employment but noone seems to know why this is happening most of the other programmers ARE COBOL programmers though lol Dim appWord As Word Application Dim dlgSave As Dialog Set appWord CreateObject quot Word Application quot appWord Documents Add Quite a bit of code to format the document add headers and database fields Set dlgSave appWord Dialogs wdDialogFileSaveAs dlgSave Show Set appWord Nothing nbsp

A:Solved: Calling MSWord 2002 from MSAccess 2002

Why use Word at all why not stay in Access?
Have you selected Microsoft Office "References" in the VBA Project Tools References list?
My Access 2000Book suggests -
Dim appWord As Word.Application
Set appWord = getobject(, "WordApplication")
If appWord is Nothing Then
Set appWord = getobject(" ", "WordApplication")
With appWord
.Documents.Add
.Visible = True
End With
add the rest of your formatting etc.
Perhaps the .Visible = True is the bit thay makes it work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-calling-msword-2002-from-msaccess-2002.384991/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi

I have an Access Database I created in Access 2000.

There is a mailing list and twice a year they print labels from it.

The label report was created with the wizard, selecting the correct label style etc. When they go to print them, the page setup has changed to only 1 column and margins of all 1 inch. I have to mess around with the page setup to get the text to fit on the labels. I save it and it'll work. Then, 6 months later when they go to print them again, they are back to 1 column and 1 inch margins again.

I have recreated the report and it'll work fine, but then lose it's settings again.

It was originally created in 2000, but the users are currently using 2002. This problem happened in both versions, so I know it's not related to that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

A:Access 2002 - Label Page Setup Issues

While you're trying to troubleshoot this, why don't you just create a mail merge for now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2002-label-page-setup-issues.387640/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I am experiencing a problem when setting up Microsoft Outlook to connect with an exchange email account I have created a new exchange account online and upon opening Outlook I am prompted to create a new user I have done so and now it asks me to enter my details which I have done but it fails to find my account encrypted or unencrypted and so asks me if Setup 2007 Solved: Microsoft Outlook Problem I wish to set it up manually So I have gone into this and found the exact information I need e g the exchange server name and Solved: Microsoft Outlook 2007 Setup Problem user name These are right but yet when I click Solved: Microsoft Outlook 2007 Setup Problem on the check name box it gives me the following message The action Solved: Microsoft Outlook 2007 Setup Problem cannot be completed The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action It then lets me go no further On the Internet fine and I ve been trying to fix it for days It is not my address because I ve tried to set up other new users and encountered the same problem with their addresses Please help if you can it s getting quite urgent to fix it Thanks Rob nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-outlook-2007-setup-problem.866091/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm trying to read the e-mails from my old Windows 98 computer on my current Windows XP computer but I haven't been able to figure out how to successfully do this. The e-mail client on the Windows 98 machine was Outlook Express 6 and the one on my current XP computer is Outlook 2002.

I followed the instructions listed on the Microsoft support site (Article ID: 270670) for backing up the data from Outlook Express which left me with a folder of .dbx files (Inbox.dbx, Drafts.dbx etc) which I then burned onto a CD and transferred over to my XP computer. My problem is that now that I've done that I'm not sure how to get Outlook 2002 to import that folder of .dbx files or recognize it. I googled it but didn't find any helpful results other than links to expensive conversion programs. So could anyone here offer any help on the matter? Thanks in advance.

A:How do I import messages from Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2002?

Update: I realized that Outlook can't open the .dbx files and that Outlook Express has to export them to Outlook. However, when I tried this it only exported the messages in my "Sent" folder and none of the messages in any of the other folders, including Inbox.dbx which is about 500MB in size so I know the messages are in there. Any advice on what to do next?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-import-messages-from-outlook-express-6-into-outlook-2002.156266/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

Is there a free upgrade to change microsoft outlook 2002 to microsoft outlooke 2003 ?

Jeff

A:Can Microsoft Outlook 2002 Be Upgraded To Outlook 2003

according to this site an upgrade is not possible you need to buy the newer version for $109.00 USD

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76938/can-microsoft-outlook-2002-be-upgraded-to-outlook-2003/
Relevancy 52.03%

I happened to check my processes in the task manager and I find 10 incidents of outlook.exe running although I have closed out my outlook program (which is my primary email, NOT Outlook Express). All total they are using about 125,000K of memory. ( I have 1 gig in RAM)

Anyone know why this is?

TIA for any answers.

Terry

A:10 outlook.exe processes, outlook 2002 on XP home edition with SP1.

Not sure how it got that way without more information but what happens if you simply end those processes.

Then you can open it up again and see if it starts replicating itself. There may be more going on behind the scenes that you are not aware of yet. This might be a good initial test to try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/10-outlook-exe-processes-outlook-2002-on-xp-home-edition-with-sp1.224237/
Relevancy 51.6%

I created a template for a e-document format of paper width by paper height of The margins all around were except for the top margin in Word on Setup Templates Page Documents Changes 2002 Based Then I called it up and saved it as a word document or perhaps I had to save it as a rich text document I don t think Word wanted to allow me to save Word 2002 Page Setup Changes in Documents Based on Templates it as a word document I typed in my text Great I have something suitable for epublishing format But to save a lot of paper in editing I called it up and charged the margins in Page Setup Fine Except the right margin in print preview still is That is obvious I am unsure about the other margins Why can t I change how the document looks and will print to - by so I can write edit and then change it back to the epublish format Plus will I have trouble changeing the first line indents into tabs which are required for e-publishing formatting What is going on with documents based on templates and formatting changes nbsp

A:Word 2002 Page Setup Changes in Documents Based on Templates

Nothing, wing. It's something between the keyboard and the chair.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to do. You set the doc up to be statement size. Then you saved it as Rich text? Whatever for?

And then you changed the margins, but it didn't change anything?

Tell us:

1. What was the paper size when you first set it up, and what was the paper size after saving as RTF?

2. What were the margins before and after?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2002-page-setup-changes-in-documents-based-on-templates.115385/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

Can someone tell me how to setup Outlook Express using my Yahoo email account?

Thanks.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2003 and the Operating system is Windows XP pro.
I am unable to create a new email account in Outlook.

When I click on Add email account and click next , the screen where it says to select the server type. ALL the options are disabled. I cannot select any server.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

I was curious if anybody knew this. I could not find it anywhere and had never heard of it. Is there a way to temporarily disable an email account? Like a pause button. So if I 'pause' a specific account (I have approx. 6 email accounts in my Outlook, mostly POP3 & Exchange), when I hit Send/Receive it will not be included, but if I 'unpause' it shall be included. Is there a feature like this?

If this is possible I'd like to implement this in a family members of mine computer. So it must be 'stupid proof' if it is.

Thanks!

A:Solved: Outlook: temporarily disable an email account?

Using Office XP.

I have know sorted all my accounts into 1 but If I remember right...

Tools
Send/Receive Settings
Define Send/Receive Groups
Make Sure "All Accounts" is selected and click "Edit"
Select the account in the left hand column.
Untick "Include account in this send/receive group"

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-temporarily-disable-an-email-account.637085/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have set the options so that the Outlook Today page is supposed to begin when Outlook 2002 is started. Instead it always opens in the inbox.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-outlook-today-page.900141/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi - I am going insane here I have added a new email account on my isp website to our office Outlook All settings and passwords are correct - I can even view the darn new account via webmail so I am sure this issue is with Outlook so I enter new email account as per all Solved: settings new - issue account fails Outlook test 2003 email the others we have and the test settings fails as follows The Find outgoing server is In progress I am prompted for a password that is not accepted even though I set the darn thing both online and in the dialogue box in outlook I am using win XP Outlook We have three email aco s already in place that work fine no errors or password prompts I have removed the new account from my isp and re-entered and tried multiple times entereing a new email account in outlook I even got the isp service to sed a reg file with my new email account settings in it to automatically enter the info into new account I have turned off firewall - same issue Is there something I need to delete - change inthe registry I have tried searchin the Forums but nothing pertinent and Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails can t spend all day browsing - sorry Many Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails

please post ur email settings screenshots here...you dont need to setup or registry setups.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-new-email-account-issue-test-settings-fails.863541/
Relevancy 49.02%

My original problem with Outlook 2002 doesn't seem to be going away so I think I will just install Outlook 2003. Is there a way to transfer all of the emails, contacts and calendar items from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 on the same machine? Thanx

A:Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003

I do not have an answer to your question, just wondering if Outlook 2003 is the lastest version of that. Seems old to be the latest version, but since I have never used it, I really do not know.

If it is not, you might want to consider going to the most recent version instead.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/302218/outlook-2002-to-outlook-2003/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I would like to know how to transfer from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002. How to transfer the address book and my account. Also, how to transfer the messages.

Another thing, I don't why but when I try to write a note in Outlook 2002 calender, the keybord doesn't react the same way. Ex: instead of M I get , How can I change this ? Everything is normal when I write a message to someone.

Thank you

A:Outlook Express to Outlook 2002

If i'm not mistaked doesn't outlook prompt you on install on what to import ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-express-to-outlook-2002.206424/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone. Fine?

So, I have just added my second email account to Windows one (I have one only for Xbox LIVE), as I can't use my other email with the Smart Glass app with this account. Anyway.

I add the account on W8 settings, and it says the user must be connected to internet for the first time setup. I have a desktop, so I'm basically all the time on internet. Anyway, I switch users, try to login unto my new account but, for some reason, it says I need to be connected for the first time.

I'm not sure why that is happening, as when I switch back quickly to my normal account, internet is working perfectly...

There is almos more two accounts on the system, my brother's and mom's (making that 4 including the Xbox Live one)

Anyone had this problem? If yes, how did you fixed it?

Cheers.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/23054-cant-setup-new-account.html
Relevancy 48.16%

is outlook 2002 basically outlookXP ?

i just got officeXP for small business, and in outlook, it says outlookXP all over the place ....

but the thing is, when you install officeXP, it required activation. but i have another, seperate, installation file for outlook2002 that my work uses, but that didnt require activation.

so is there a difference b/w outlook2002 and the outlook in officeXP?

A:outlook 2002

TypeSK,
Outlook 2002 IS the version that is included in OfficeXP. Just like Word is Word 2002, and Excel is Excel 2002, etc, etc.

B

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.92101/
Relevancy 48.16%

Task 'mail.bigpond.com - sending and receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92):'Your e-mail server rejected your login.verify your user name and password in your account properties.Under tools,click E-mail accounts.the server responded'

bought new computer,,OS Vista...I have outlook 2002 on there and when i go to send /receive it make me re -enter passwords for both my accounts,,then goes to errors,,i close the error box.press send / receive again and then it works.

I copied the settings from my old account to the new one the same..any suggestions ?

You almost certainly have a setting entered wrong. All ISPs have a FAQ for email setup, and BigPond's is here:
http://www.bigpond.com/help/email/default.asp
Check each entry carefully, and the problem should be easily fixed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.575560/
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently had to reformat my hard drive on my Inspiron 5100 and now I am unable to restore my archived contacts and calendar to synchronize with my Pocket PC. Is there a way to print out this archived list so I have something to go by in reinputting the info in my calendar/contacts? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
SimplyKath

A:Help with Outlook 2002...

Have you reinstalled the Pocket PC software? I think it's called ActiveSync. If so, when you try to sync, are you getting any error messages? If so, please post their exact wording here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-outlook-2002.233037/
Relevancy 48.16%

A few people in the office is getting this error, when they are in outlook they will suddenly get this error, i did what microsoft said and moved the trouble slider to the left under display settings, still having issue.

Any ideas will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks
perry

this is the error
Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8326.0, stamp 4c1c2372, faulting module gdiplus.dll, version 5.2.6001.22319, stamp 4a841b37, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000ed94.

A:Outlook 2002

Actually outlook 2003 too

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398099/outlook-2002/
Relevancy 48.16%

A few people in the office is getting this error, when they are in outlook they will suddenly get this error, i did what microsoft said and moved the trouble slider to the left under display settings, still having issue.

Any ideas will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks
perry

What Microsoft guidance are you referring to?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/393603/outlook-2002/
Relevancy 48.16%

How does one set the defaults for Outlook 2002, especially for the "events".? Thanks.

The above question is about Outlook 2002--calendar. Thjnks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.161976/
Relevancy 48.16%

In Outlook, I have imported my mail, but how do I find my notes and my calendar stuff or can I?
I reinstalled Outlook, but I keep my PAB & PST files in a different directory....but do the notes & calendar info stay in the original Outlook directory?

Thanks!

Everything is in the PST file as far as I know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.185618/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to import some of my old pst files and unfortunately I had put a password on one of them. I have tried all of my passwords that I can think of, but I'm not suceeding.....does anyone know if there is anyway to get around that? I had just figured out a way to bypass a NO ACCESS folder....so I am thinking there has to be a way to get around my file.

Thanks for any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.190227/
Relevancy 48.16%

First and foremost I would like to say that this is a great site!!! (EXCELLENT)

My problem is...
I am trying to use some letterhead that I have stored in my pc under a JPEG Image. I am trying to use this as stationery on Outlook. I have done this but, my stationery is tiled all over the page when I click on "new mail" I just want 1 image. I don't know what is wrong or what I need to do.

Before I posted this question I looked through the forums for the same problems and 1 person had the same problem but, everyone else that responded to the problem uses Outlook Express.

Thank you
Please HELP!!!!

Relevancy 48.16%

I have been getting a message that I cannot delete any emails in two of my accounts. I cannot delete any sent e-mails that haven't been sent. I cannot delete any appointment reminders. I had a problem with Outlook several months ago and called Microsoft, paid my $45.00 and they set up an additional account. I want to delete the original account that has the same problem and I lost the directions that they gave me to do that. I would also like to correct the deletion problem on the newer account. HELP, Please.

to TSF

Just to be sure, this is Outlook or Outlook Express you are referring to?
Quote:

I cannot delete any sent e-mails that haven't been sent.

How are you attempting to delete them as they would be in your Out Box?

Please verify it is Outlook we are talking about.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...549311033.aspx

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-2002-a-474673.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just recently installed Outlook 2002. I am wondering if it is possible to set up two distinct users within Outlook (similar to the switch identities function of Outlook Express). My husband and I maintain the same profile within Windows, but we do want to maintain separate Inbox/Outbox. I tried setting up two different profiles (from within Control Panel) but it seems that any incoming email goes to both profiles, even though each one is set up using different email account information.

Any advice, or are we heading back to OE?

Thanks much.

Absolutely possible. You just need to configure Outlook with the Corporate configuration. This will allow you to easily configure multiple profiles with different files etc.

See:
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/app_info/outlook98_change.htm
for the details.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.219779/
Relevancy 48.16%

Questian 1: Hello i have a problem with Outlook 2002 that comes with office. Should be a easy one The problem is when i set a reminder i dont get a reminder unless if outlook is running. but it dont when it is not running or after a restart. How can i get it to do it as i know it can.

Questian 2: Quick launch used to come up all the time but latley after a restart it goes and to get it back i have to right click then propertys then click quick launch

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.252117/
Relevancy 48.16%

Outlook 2002 I Need Help
I’m having problem with my outlook 2002 (office Xp), I can’t import my contact to my new PC …the thing is every time I go to File – Import and Export – and that open the Import and Export Wizard, the thing is there is nothing on the “Choose an action to Perform” box ???? Please help me!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-i-need-help.76443/
Relevancy 48.16%

I keep getting emails in a foreign language. I have no idea what they say and I don't want them. I've been using Rules Wizard and Organize to automatically send some of them to the Deleted folder. Is there a way to send any email not in English to the Deleted folder other than what I've been doing? Heaven knows I get enough junk mail in English!

Hiya

There dosen't seem to be much of a way, that I can find. Have you tried Blocking the sender, to see if that'll work?

When the message come in, rightclick on the message and choose Block Sender. This will send it to the bin, but no more will be allowed from that sender again

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.76084/
Relevancy 48.16%

We have Word as our editor in Outlook 2002. For some reason. Word hangs when you try to create a new message. Of course when I de-select the option in under Tools-options- Mail Format. Outlook opens without word as the editor. Any ideas how I can resolved this issue?

Have you checked in Microsoft's troublshooting website. Type "Word stops in Outlook 2002" or something similar and hit enter and it will list all of the fixes for that kind of error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.342186/
Relevancy 48.16%

Office XP-Outlook 2002 will not allow me to download anything off of the server. It goes through the motions but doesn't show any emails downloaded and gives me errors in the Detail block.

I can't delete anything either. It gives me an error about Messaging Interface not working. If problem continues to exist, restart Outlook. I've done this and nothing changed.

I can't move the emails. I get the error Can't Move.

I can't send emails. It doesn't appear in the sent items. I can type it but when I send the email goes away but doesn't register anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a new computer with windows 7. I configured Outlook to go to my ISP and get my email, but when I open an email it displays what looks like the source file in the old Win XP & Windows Mail. Does anyone have some input to this as to why it displays like that. Not every email does it, some displsy like the email should, but most shows the (What I call Source Files) listing??

Leon

1. Who is your email?
2. What version of Outlook?
3. Can you paste a picture of the bad email here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/outlook-2002-a-504946.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I have a technical question about the Group Fields in Outlook 2002.

I have moved an email that sent to the Deleted folder, my boss has looked at the email in the deleted folder and one the Group Fields there are three areas, Created, Sent & Received.

The times are as follows:

Created 08:57
Sent 09:02
Received 09:01

My boss has asked why the received time is before the sent time.

Any help would be apreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.918790/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

I have started to recieve the error message "The operation Failed" when doing a manual send/receive in Outlook 2002. No other clues i'm afraid.

any help gratefully received

See this post

http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/536839-outlook-2003-a.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.536843/
Relevancy 48.16%

i'm wondering where i go so that everytime i open my outlook 2002 program, it will directly go to my HOtmail inbox and display it.

thanks..
ck

A:i need help with outlook 2002

check out Microsoft's website for instructions on how to "browse" your hotmail while using Outlook 2002. Currently neither I, nor the jokers in this forum have found a legitimate way to use Hotmail in Outlook 2002, the way you can in Outlook Express.

Windows (win'doze) n. A 32 bit patch for a 16 bit interface to an 8 bit operating system designed for a 4 bit chip from a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-with-outlook-2002.122697/
Relevancy 48.16%

As an administrator in Outlook using Exchange server, you have th ability to open other users' folders. I would like to know how to clear the list of others' folders that I have previously opened. There are too many in the drop down and I want to clear them and cannot find a way.

A:Outlook 2002, XP

Well, please use the following to clear the folders.as below
Do you often set up meetings for the same set of people? The Calendar group schedule in Microsoft Outlook® makes it easy for you to see the combined schedules of a number of people or resources at a glance.

You can create and save multiple group schedules, each showing a group of people or resources. For example, one group schedule might contain all employees in a department. Another might contain all conference rooms in a building.

To create a group:

Click Calendar on the Folder List (or in the Outlook Shortcuts bar).
Click Schedules in the Advanced toolbar.
In the Group Schedules dialog box, click New.
Type a name for the new group schedule, and then click OK.
In the dialog box that appears, click the Add Others button, and then click either Add from Address Book or Add Public Folder.
Select the names or the public folder, and then click Save and Close.
To view the group calendar, select the group schedule you want to view, and then click Open.

Put Outlook Notes on Your Desktop
From Brian Lema, Nepean, Ontario, Canada

In Microsoft Outlook® version 2002, notes are the electronic equivalent of paper "sticky" notes. You can use notes to jot down questions, ideas, reminders, or anything you would write on note paper.

To create a note in Outlook:

On the File menu, point to New, and then click Note.
Type the text of the note.
To close the note, click the × in the upper-right corner of the note.
You can also make Outlook notes accessible from your Microsoft Windows® desktop by creating the following shortcut:

Right-click the desktop, point to New, and click Shortcut.
In the Type the location of the item box, type the following path: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE" /c ipm.stickynote
Click Next, name the shortcut, and then click Finish.
Now, when you double-click the shortcut, an Outlook note will appear on your desktop.

Display Nonconsecutive Dates in Outlook Calendar
From Saskia Jacobsen, Reeuwijk, The Netherlands

The Microsoft Outlook® Calendar displays dates consecutively—usually in single week or month view. But sometimes it's useful to see several nonconsecutive (but key) dates at a glance. For example, if you met with the same client on January 12 and 19, March 31, and April 4, you might want to view those dates in a single pane, giving you easy access to meeting summaries, attachments, and lists of attendees.

To view nonconsecutive dates:

On the right side of the window in the Date Navigator (the small calendar that displays the current month), click the first date you want to view.
While holding down the CTRL key, click any other dates you want to view. (To remove a date, click it again.)
You can display up to 14 nonconsecutive days!

Save Multiple Attachments Simultaneously
From Jill Baird, Owego, New York

When you receive an Outlook message containing several attached files, you don't have to open and save each file separately. You can save multiple attachments to the same location in a single step. Here's how:

Click Save Attachments on the File menu.
When the Save All Attachments dialog box opens, click OK.
Then select the folder where you want to save the files, and click OK.
Editor's Note: When you use this shortcut, you must save all the files to the same folder. To save each attachment to a different folder, you will need to save them individually.

More Calendar-Viewing Shortcuts
From Glenn C. Hay-Roe, Lacey, Washington (and Aditya Chinni, Newark, California)

After reading Kendra Dionne's tip for customizing your Outlook Calendar view, I did some research on my own and found the following shortcuts. In Outlook Calendar, do the following:

Press ALT+MINUS SIGN (-) to display the current week.
Press ALT+EQUAL SIGN (=) to display the current month.

Change Your Calendar View in Two Keystrokes
From Kendra Dionne, Tacoma, Washington

Did y... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-xp.310565/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to import some of my old pst files and unfortunately I had put a password on one of them. I have tried all of my passwords that I can think of, but I'm not suceeding.....does anyone know if there is anyway to get around that? I had just figured out a way to bypass a NO ACCESS folder....so I am thinking there has to be a way to get around my file.

Thanks for any help.

Do not post in multple areas, it is against forum rules and makes your problem difficult to solve if those trying to help can't see what others have offered as suggestions for a solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.190236/
Relevancy 48.16%

I understand that there is the ability to put multiple users onto outlook, but would every user have their own address book or would there be the same address book for all the users? And if any of this is possible could I have instructions please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.571176/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just had someone I put a checkmark in a box in Outlook.
To stop it from showing. I forgot what it was.

Here is how I duplicated what they were talking about.
I did a Send a Receive and it showed that box of it going out and checking.
But then another box popped up saying something about the exchange server.
It had a progress bar that took about 30 to 40 seconds to finish.
And I remember it saying something about if you cancel it can not finish.
But there was a check mark to not show this box again.

Anyone know what this could have been or how to get it back up.
Just wondering what it was since I do not get this box....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.477519/
Relevancy 48.16%

While in Outlook 2002, I have unavailable menu commands. I can receive e-mail but the "forward" command and others are not available. "New", "Reply" and other commands are not available. When clicking on "File", I cannot choose new mail message. This problem has just started. I am not aware of making any changes. Can anyone help. This is my first post.

Welcome to the board.

Have you tried running detect and repair under the Help menu of Outlook?

Are you sure you've actually got a message OPEN before hitting Reply or Forward?

New is only available when you click on your inbox or other MAIL folder...like don't click on Calendar and expect to get a new email.

Hope this helps even a little bit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.122960/
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm trying to read my office mail. I can get past the login. I can see all my email (read and unread) but when I try to open any of them the screen blinks and thats it. Now I'm using outlook 2000 at work and 2002 at home. Operating system on the exchange is MS 2000 and I'm using xp at home. Is there a simple setting I'm missing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.117634/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have several people in an area just upgraded to XP Pro with Outlook 2002. Intermitantly there is pop up box about "retrieving information from server 34474". I am sure it is trying to do updates or synching free busy schedule etc. This is not happening on everyone's computer who had the upgrade either.

Is there a switch or option to turn off this notification?

Or is it something else entirely and I am missing the Yacht LOL

Thank you for your assistance

A:XP Pro and Outlook 2002

Has anyone seen anything like this???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-and-outlook-2002.255743/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
For no apparent reason my Outlook 2002 program, which loads on boot up, has suddenly started to "encounter a problem and needs to close". as soon as I try to either minimise or close. Also if I'm working in outlook at full screen, as soon as I click to another program I get the same message but not in reduced screen. The error message is mso.dll. I've looked all over the MS site and none of the "solutions" work. Can someone help please.

Regards,

Dave

Relevancy 48.16%

does anyone know the procedure when everytime i receive email to my hotmail account, it will automatically download to my outlook 2002 inbox.

Have a look what Microsoft says about it here
That might answer your question

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.122764/
Relevancy 48.16%

Outlook 2002 received but will not longer send

Well, your problem is obvious.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.112211/
Relevancy 48.16%

hello

when you select the calender an set it to week view it has my working week and the date across the top eg. 03 july ¦ 04 july ¦ 05 july ¦ is there any way you can change the date so it will show the day as well eg. mon 03 july¦ tue 04 july ¦ wed 05 july ¦

hope i have explained that so you follow me, an help is much appriciated. thankyou

Nik

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.480578/
Relevancy 48.16%

Can anyone out there help?

When I open Outlook I am getting the following error message:

"An extension failed to initialize. Can't open file: extend.dat. The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. Right-click the folder that contains the file, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder."

If I click the OK button Outlook will open without further problem but the error message is driving me crazy. I'm on Windows XP using Exchange 2003. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

From Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287844

Perhaps a full reinstall of Microsoft Offfice might help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.261236/
Relevancy 48.16%

Whenever I try to start Outlook 2002 on my Win XP machine a installer pops up and wants the disk which got lost long ago. Is there any way I can disable this? Why is it even doing it? I had this happen to me in Excel once when I first installed the 07 suite, but a reboot and Win updates fixed it. Would Windows updates fix this problem?

Relevancy 48.16%

I use outlook to check three e-mail addresses I have and Every few days outlook keeps asking me to enter my network passwords even though I have them saved and they are never changed.

Network passwords?
Or email passwords?

If email passwords....well, that just happens once in a while when a mail server has a hiccup. Happens a LOT with my yahoo mail...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.247597/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to locate the choice "keep your email on the server" instead of having the e-mail delivered to the local personal folder in Outlook 2002. The directions say to go to Tools>then the e-mail accounts command. When I go there, you can go to view or change an existing account>change>more settings. Then you have 4 tabs:General,Advanced,Connection, and Remote mail, There is no place to change the default delivery location that I can see in any of these places. I need to do this because a user logs into more than on pc on the network and needs to keep everything on the server in order to get all the e-mails on both pc's.

Relevancy 48.16%

Not that I want this done. But someone wanted to know if they could get this message turned off.

After you delete a item from the Inbox and then go to your delted box,
And delete something out of here you get a message that says.
Are you sure you want to delete this stuff?

Is there a way to get rid of this message and just delete it like it does when you delete it inside the INBOX?

Hi fatbob,
Yes, you can disable that. Go to Tools/Options and choose the Other tab. Click Advanced Options under General. Uncheck the box that says "Warn before permanently deleting items".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002.499141/
Relevancy 48.16%

Outlook 2002 I Need Help
I’m having problem with my outlook 2002 (office Xp), I can’t import my contact to my new PC …the thing is every time I go to File – Import and Export – and that open the Import and Export Wizard, the thing is there is nothing on the “Choose an action to Perform” box ???? Please help me!!!!

A:Outlook 2002 Help Me

zd70,
If I'm understanding correctly, first thing I would do is reinstall Office 2002. You should always have options in that box. Hope this helps. let us know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-help-me.76404/