Windows Support Forum

Solved: Data From One Column To Split Into Two Columns...how?

Q: Solved: Data From One Column To Split Into Two Columns...how?

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie here, so hoping someone can help me!!
I have Names and Mobile Number in Column A. I need to find a way of moving Mobile Numbers into Column B - please tell me there is a simple way in which this can be done.....HELP!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Data From One Column To Split Into Two Columns...how?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Data From One Column To Split Into Two Columns...how?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-data-from-one-column-to-split-into-two-columns-how.726727/
Relevancy 90.73%

I have a large excel file (3k= rows) of name/addr info. I want to transpose the date so information appears in its own column for sorting, etc. The problem is the data is not consistant. (sometimes there is two address enteries, sometimes three. In another record there may be two phone numbers. So each company may have six or seven rows of info. The only consistancy is that the company name is in bold. I've tried to attach a sample file so you can see what my task is. I'm not real good with Excel, so treat me like a dumy; it's OK.
I really appreciate the help.

Bill

A:Transposing column data into multiple columns

Bill, that was an awkward one, but I think this does what you want.
Just click on the "CommandButton1" and watch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transposing-column-data-into-multiple-columns.722519/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi,
I have an excel sheet with 3 columns. What I want to do is, I need to be able to find value in column 3, that corresponds to a value in column 2. The value in column2 should match the value in col 1.

Example

Input Data
Col1 Col2 Col3
1------2------A
2------7------B
7------1------C
5------9------D

The result should be
Col1 Col2 Col3
1------1------C
2------2------A
7------7------B
5------9------D
Please help me.

Relevancy 90.73%

Hi all,

I am using the below formula (that I found on this forum) to calculate the age based on a DOB. I now want to create a formula for the next column to have either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ if the age is above a certain value.

If this is possible, is it then possible if I have two ages in separate columns to generate a ‘Yes’ if either of the age’s are above the specified Value?

Formula for Age Calculation;
=DATEDIF($C24,NOW(),"y") & "y,"&DATEDIF($C24,NOW(),"ym") & "m,"& DATEDIF($C24,NOW(),"md") & "d"

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks.

A:Data in columns formula to generate a new column

try this

=IF (Cell you do the calculation in > age you want to test , "Yes" , "No" )
if you want to test two columns , then

=IF ( OR(column1 > age, column2 > age ), "Yes", "No")

can you load a dummy spreadsheet and we can check the above works OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-in-columns-formula-to-generate-a-new-column.1075657/
Relevancy 89.87%

I have a database which has about 60000 rows and 3 columns.
Here I have made a picture to show what exactly I want, this picture represent a general view of my data structure and also represent what I want.

I have 3 first columns (from left) and I want to create a new column like the last one which named New Text.
As you see I want to create a column which duplicate the Text of every row for X times. And X is the frequency of repeated number in Number ID 2.

For example: In Number ID 2, 8 repeated four times. So New Text should have four H. (H represent the text)

Please consider this to be done by Microsoft Access software, which I have no experience of working with.

A:How to create a new column using data of other columns in Microsoft Access

will take TWO updates.

1) a transaction to ADD Column "New Text"; commit

2) another to UPDATE "New Text" where "Number ID 2" equals "Number ID 1" value is TEXT;

(or something close to that - - it's be a while since I last used SQL grammar.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-create-a-new-column-using-data-of-other-columns-in-microsoft-access.163720/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi all,

I have an excel sheet attached as an example. What I want to do is
take the data in each column and put them together into one
column.

In my attached excel sheet I would like to have the data in each
column look like this in one separate column each line for example 1-72-bk-1803

any help is appreciated....thanks

A:Excel question: how would you connect data in defferent columns into one column?

In E1 enter
=A1&"-"&b1&"-"&c1&"-"&d1
copy down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-question-how-would-you-connect-data-in-defferent-columns-into-one-column.934495/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I amp m trying to work out how I can look at one column in a spreadsheet and display the text in another field but without a load of blank cells in the results column Let me give you an example On Sheet In column A are road names In column B the number of building on that to from multiple one data column 2010 Excel columns separating road In column C the last date and work was doneon the road In Column D is an IF formula thatbasically gives a result of Excel 2010 separating data from one column to multiple columns or On another sheet I want four lists Sheet In column A is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column B is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column C is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column D is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D I can do this with a simple IF statement in columns A B C amp D on sheet and drag it down but there are a couple of problems with this method If the value in sheet doesn amp t match I get a blank cell on sheet as there should be but this leaves a large number of cells with no value I need a list in each column A B C amp D onsheet without any blank cells I amp m going to be pasting different data into columns A B amp D on sheet a number of times and the number of rows in will be different each time I remember seeing something before thatinvolved using the IF and COUNTIF function in a formula but not sure how Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Excel 2010 separating data from one column to multiple columns

should be able to use an array formula - so use control + shift + enter key and the formula gets { } brackets

Code:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$14,SMALL(IF(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$14[COLOR="Red"]=1[/COLOR],ROW(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$14)-ROW(Sheet1!$A$2)+1),ROWS(F$4:F4)))
where you change the red =1
to =2, 3, 4 for different columns

does that work out

see attached

if it works we can extend the range and cleanup the errors

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2010-separating-data-from-one-column-to-multiple-columns.1090901/
Relevancy 80.84%

Novice to Excel... I know basics, but this is over my head... and it looks like this is the place! (now that I've buttered you up, on to my problem! )

Basically I have a sheet with all data in Column A
Bob Smith
ABC Company
123 Main St
Anywhere, USA
Phone 555.1234
Fax 555.4321
Jane Doe
XYZ Company
321 Main St
Somewhere, USA
Phone 555.0000
Fax 555.0001
Etc…

I was hoping to get:
A | B | C | D | E | F
Name | Co Name | Street | Town | Phone | Fax
Name2 | Co Name2| Street2| Town2| Phone | Fax

The Copy Special – Transpose won’t do multiple rows it ends up with everything in one row as opposed to everything in one column
(Name Co Name Street Town Phone Fax Name2 CoName2 Street2…etc)

Any help would be appreciated!

PS - WinXP and Excel 2003

Relevancy 79.55%

Hello,
I have a very large spreadsheet of data, 365 columns and 290 rows. I would like to convert the data into 1 very long column, with all of the data consecutively listed. Is there a function that allows me to tell the formula to look to the first line of the next row of data, and copy down from there, and then go to the next column, etc? Right now, I'm just referencing the first cell in each column, dragging down to fill the 290 following cells, and then referencing the next column. It's really time consuming because I have 48 of these spreadsheets. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

A:Solved: How to move data in a series of column into one column

Hi,

if you name the range of 365x290 cells as, for example, 'MyRange', then the following (downwards extendable) formula should work:

=OFFSET(INDEX(MyRange,1,1),MOD(ROW(A1)-1,ROWS(MyRange)),(INT(ROW(A1)-1)/ROWS(MyRange)))

Jimmy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-move-data-in-a-series-of-column-into-one-column.1015059/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have three lists of data that need to be combined into one longer list. Each list has the potential to have over 1500 entries with data duplicated in the other lists. I have been combining the data into one list by copying and pasting, but I want to speed up the process by having a macro that can do that and remove duplicates (unless there is an easier, faster method). I have figured out the part of removing the duplicates, but the real problem for me is being able to combine the three lists into one when each list is dynamic and can be longer or shorter on any given day. I am using excel 2003. Any help would be great!

Relevancy 79.12%

Hello
I have some problem. I have some data in this way: http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=datale8.jpg. I would like to split these data into 4 columns. You can see they are separated with ';'. Does anybody know how ?
Regards

Relevancy 78.26%

I'm using some software to export payment information into a CSV file. This file needs to be in the bank's specified SIF format which requires all the data to be in one column.

The limitation with my software is that the detail of each payment gets exported into it's own separate column. For instance, cells A1:A10 contain payment details to one individual, B1:B10 to another, and so on. I require the whole lot combining into Column A, running from A1:A65536 (it will never go this far down the spreadsheet, but you get the idea).

I've tinkered with some basic copy and delete macros but I'm unable to make the headway that I need to. I don't have the touch when it comes to programming .

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,

Using Excel 2003, I have three series of data and I'm trying to create a line-column chart. I can easily get two of the series as columns and one series as a line, but I need it the other way round, with just one set of columns and two lines. Is this possible? I've spent nearly an hour right-clicking and going into every option and format I can think of but I can't make it work.

I'm attaching a mock-up of the kind of thing I need, as it may be easier to visualise than to explain.

Thanks

A:Solved: Line-column chart: two lines, one set of columns?

I just selected each type of data and chose for a line chart type for the two series and a bar type for the widgets

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-line-column-chart-two-lines-one-set-of-columns.1005018/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have data that repeats hundreds of times. I am trying to put each string of data on 1 line.

f-name(A2) initial(B2) l-name(C2) ID#(D2) DOB(E2) Street(F2) company(G2)
City(F3) company#(G3)
State,Zip(F4)
Home Phone(F5)
Work Phone(F6)
Email(F7)

After the data is moved to one line I would like to delete the lines that previously housed the information. The company# can be deleted. I have never worked with macros. I would appreciate any help given.

A:Solved: move data from rows and columns to other rows and columns

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-move-data-from-rows-and-columns-to-other-rows-and-columns.932353/
Relevancy 70.52%

I sure hope someone can provide or direct me to the formula to accomplish the following in Xcel I have a singe sheet consisting of rows of data in columns A person has been maintaining this and we are about to convert it to cvs and install a text file in a CGI Perl program to run on a web site For some unknown reason the person who started and has been maintaining the file has set it up In combine Solved: to Need one into rows columns I multiple multiple column containing Xcel, so that the first Solved: In Xcel, I Need to combine multiple columns containing multiple rows into one column columns contain data that should be all in one column Solved: In Xcel, I Need to combine multiple columns containing multiple rows into one column Here is an example a ham radio call we will say is WW XXX In the first column A row he has entered the prefix quot WW quot in the second column B row he has entered the call district quot quot and in the third column C row he has entered the suffix quot WWW quot I have inserted a blank column quot D quot I can combine for example A B and C with the simple formula A amp B amp C placed in D No problem Now the problem and I m sure you all ready can see it I need to do this with all rows It certainly SEEMS logically that I should be able to accomplish this but durned if I ve been able to do it I have Googled I have Jeeved it you name it I ve tried it I have found some quot close calls quot that almost answer it but not the real answer Obviously I can do this times manually but I d rather find a simpler answer if there is one Blessings to anyone who can provide me with the answer This by the way is for a non-business non-profit amateur radio related web site I have no problem converting the Xcel file to the necessary text Fortunately he didn t use any commas in it Anyone have an idea Thanks much Alabama Ron nbsp

A:Solved: In Xcel, I Need to combine multiple columns containing multiple rows into one column

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-in-xcel-i-need-to-combine-multiple-columns-containing-multiple-rows-into-one-column.475772/
Relevancy 68.37%

I ve been at this for what seems forever so any help would be greatly appreciated I want to compare data from one sheet to another and for any exceptions non matches I want it to copy and paste the entire row into a rd sheet I ve searched and found various codes about comparing columns but my need seems to be a little more columns VBA Compare data Solved: complex I want it to compare columns on sheet columns A amp B against columns on sheet columns C amp D and it does not what row they are in I also would like the sheet name to be included in the results I ve Solved: VBA Compare data columns attached a sample book with the data Sheet shows what data should generate from this code These would be the results because the names both first and last Solved: VBA Compare data columns do not appear on both sheets I dont have a lot of experience with code so any help would be great Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi

Created a 5x1 Table , in one of my columns the text is slightly higher than the rest in the table, how do i get it inline?

Thanks

I am using Microsoft Office Word 2007

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi - I m semi-proficient with excel and I m actually working on creating some dashboard reports at this time One problem I m having is separating some of the data from a specific column Let me give you an example This column has over lines in Excel columns? separation Data Solved: this is just a sample What I need to do is break this column out by month and show how many dates are from the last month the last - months and the Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? ones that are months in the past Of course I want the sheet to show this info automatically so it has to know the current date which I can do by placing the formula quot TODAY Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? quot So what I m asking for is what formula and format would I use to count how many cells in this column fall into each of date ranges I mentioned Also I did manage to use the DAYS A C for example where A quot Today quot and C quot quot above This information is in cells next to the above data as follows - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - So I figured out how to list how many days I have since the date Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? in the first column but not how to break them apart within the column Hopefully this is enough information to request some help but if you need more info please let me know I ll watch the thread closely Thank you -Drake nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I have data organised in paris of columns with differing amounts of data in each column pair.
I need to move all data to columns A&B:

- If there is data in columns C & D, move it to the foot of columns A&B.
- Then, if there is data in columns E & F, move it to the foot of columns A&B.
- Etc. til the end of the ActiveRange.

I've managed to do this using hard-coded column references, but it involves a lot of reptetition.
Presumably the code can be substantially compacted, and work to the end of the ActiveRange rather than to arbitrary end columns (in this case, cols AC and AD).

A:Solved: Excel VBA moving all data to columns A+B

Hi
This will work on the active sheet.... If you need this for multiple sheets we would need to alter the macro slightly. Test this on a copy of your xl file.

Code:

Sub appAB()

Dim i As Integer
Dim lRow As Integer
Dim lRowA As Integer

For i = 3 To 30 Step 2
lRow = Cells(Rows.Count, i).End(xlUp).Row
lRowA = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
Range(Cells(1, i), Cells(lRow, i + 1)).Cut Destination:=Range("A" & lRowA)
Next

End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-vba-moving-all-data-to-columns-a-b.1128060/
Relevancy 67.51%

On the attached spreadsheet, I need a total count of baselined desktops (minus the ones that have been deleted)...my problem is how do I get it to look at one record, mark that that agent had been a baselined one, but is now deleted, so don't count it. I can't just remove the deleted ones, cause I want my customer to know which agents have disappeared. Take a look at the formula in B2 for a general idea. That formula doesn't work cause it just adds everything together. I need it to be smart enough to Total the Baselined Agents and then Subtract the agents that are baselined and deleted per field. Any questions let me know. Look at B2 to get an idea and see if I'm on the right track.

A:Solved: Excel - Trying to count 2 columns (almost as one) to get data for a 3rd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-trying-to-count-2-columns-almost-as-one-to-get-data-for-a-3rd.737946/
Relevancy 67.51%

All,

First, thank you all for you time and knowledge in advance.

Here's my situation. I'm working with file that is sent to me with populated information, in this example Col A
What I would like to do is enter information in Col B and then do a comparison of both A and B, letting me know if something in Col B is not in Col A and also is something in Col A not in Col B.

I need to know if what was sent to my in the spread sheet match what I physically inventoried.

I have provided an example.

Hopefully I did not over complicate my request.

Thank you,

miketx

A:Solved: comparing data in two columns in Excel

does this help
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213367
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel-help/use-excel-to-compare-two-lists-of-data-HA001103915.aspx

or this may ble closer to what you need
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/174998-excel-compare-2-lists-highlight.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-comparing-data-in-two-columns-in-excel.989078/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have an entire column of data that I need in one cell. When combined I need each piece of data to be surrounded by " " and a , between each one.

results = "151","183","2001"

A:Solved: Excel Column of data place in one cell with "data", "data" results

ASAP's "Merge row data" ("Columns and rows" category) will do 99% of the work for you.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

(edit: "entire column" -- do you mean full from top to bottom? )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-column-of-data-place-in-one-cell-with-data-data-results.975601/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi All,

I have a requirement. I have multiple values in a single cell. They have to be splitted to adjacent cells(next columns). The problem is there are no standard delimiters,there are diffferent delimiters in the same cell.

Example:
Input:
ColumnA
Row1: {Product} (Accumulator) Section Benefit, Period has invalid value : 24 Months

Output:
ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC ColumnD
Row1: {Product} (Accumulator) Section Benefit Period has invalid value 24 Months

Like this there are some 40000 rows.

Note: You can use that "(Accumulator)" as a delimiter. It ll be present in all the rows.

Thanks in advance.

A:Need a Macro to Split a cell into multiple columns

Can you post a workbook with a few rows of sample data?

Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-macro-to-split-a-cell-into-multiple-columns.1076932/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi This is a fab site just spent a good few hours reading through without realising the time ANyway I am stuck on an Excel problem I have two columns of which there are lots of duplicates in column A and various values in column B Like this A B Book Title Song One Book Title Song Two Book Title Song THree Book Title Song One Book TItle Song Two Book Title Song Three Book TItle Song Four and so on for rows Merge two Solved: a Data Columns from row Sort Excel and into What I would like to do is have all of the relevant info from column B in just one cell in one row rather than a separate row for each song title So what I ideally need is A B Book Title One Song One Song Two Song Three Book Title Two Song One Song Two Song Three Song Four and so Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row on Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row I have no idea where to begin with this I have read several similar Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row things that might help but the problem is that each Book Title has a different number of songs in it Can any one advise a complete beginner on how I might accomplish this Many thanks for any guidance nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

What would be the best way to find a specific Column Header, and copy the data found in the column until the column header is found again?

Relevancy 66.65%

I started out with the two previous posts about macros (post 1, post 2) that move rows into columns, but I'm having a little trouble getting it to work for what I need. First, I'm trying to do a data merge into Word, but in order to get the data merge to work/look the way I want it to, I need the XLS data to be in columns.

I'm attaching an example file that has one worksheet of the sample data (though my "real" data has about 300 rows) and the other worksheet is an example of the outcome I need.

Is there anyway I can do what I need? Exporting into another file or another worksheet within this file would be fine.

Thanks in advance.

A:XLS Macro to move data to columns, delete empty rows, delete duplicate columns

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xls-macro-to-move-data-to-columns-delete-empty-rows-delete-duplicate-columns.1014294/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

I have two tables in Access 2007.

In table one I have a field which includes postcodes. In table two I have a field which includes the first three digits of a postcode (e.g. IP7).

I want to do one of two things:

Either match the first three digits of the postcodes in table one to the partial postcodes in table two;

or

Split the postcodes in table one so that I have a new column with the first three digits (i.e. using the space as the separator) - I can then match it with the other table.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
George

Relevancy 66.22%

I am trying to build a spreadsheet that allows me to enter data (steel angle) by individual leg sizes and thicknesses that automatically references the correct weight per foot so I no longer have to look it up in a book. I have loaded the data and built the template, but I cannot get a formula to work that will search my array of data that has repeating data in all the columns, but where all the data in one row has a unique weight. I have tried several commands, and I feel like I need a nested command, but I do not have the knowledge to get it done properly. I have attached the file: Angle Database. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

brian

A:Solved: Repeating Data in multiple columns for unique result

I used Concatenate and Vlookup to solve the problem. I just needed a week to let my head clear.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-repeating-data-in-multiple-columns-for-unique-result.746951/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys I ve been going through this thread and its been a lot of help I Solved: data Checking seperate finding mismatches in columns and ve now come across a problem that i cant find the solution to and im hoping someone can help me out I have a file that contains two columns of data in MS Excel and one value in the first column corresponds to a value in the second column For example - Column Column A X A X B Y A X B Y What I have to do is find if there are any mismatches in the data for example an X corresponding to B instead of A or vice versa Solved: Checking data in seperate columns and finding mismatches or any other value instead of X and Y in the second column for that matter I would need a message saying there are a particular number of errors and the rows in error should be highlighted I DONT need the corrections just need to see where the mismatches are Im pretty new to Macros and VB so please bear with me but i do understand the basics and ive done some programming before Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Checking data in seperate columns and finding mismatches

oops.. the X's and Y's are supposed to be in column 2.
That didnt quite show up how i expected it to..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-checking-data-in-seperate-columns-and-finding-mismatches.782032/
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm a novice excel VBA macro user. I've manipulated already created macros, but I'm not sure how to create one from scratch. Can someone please help me create a macro.

I'd like to move the values highlighted in yellow to the cells highlighted in green...and then delete any rows that are empty.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Relevancy 66.22%

Okay - still very new to excel formulae so bear with me...

ColA.......Col B
Open..... 23
Closed... 7
Open......4
Open..... 8
Closed... 19

Okay let us assume in C1 I want a single formulae that wil:
a: count the rows that have 'Open' in column A
b: sum the corresponding values in column b

With this example, my visible value in C1 should be 35. I am hoping to not have to 'duplicate' data in another column/area and the sum that new column (such as copying only the 'B' values that have "Open" in the 'A' column and then running a sum off that new column....

I am sure there is an easy way to do this but I keep getting zeros. I have been trying this:
=SUM(IF(A2:A5000="*Open*",B2:B5000,0))...

I have one other formula in D1:
=COUNTIF(AF1:AF5000,"*Open*").. which displays 3....

Thanks in advance

Ric

A:Solved: Excel - count and sum separate column data

=SUMIF(A2:A5000,"*Open*",B2:B5000)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-count-and-sum-separate-column-data.850606/
Relevancy 66.22%

I would like to find duplicates in a column for fields that contain "_" only and place on new sheet in column A. If found, I would like to then get the data in the adjacent field only if it I not blank and put the first instance value of adjacent column in Column B on new sheet, second instance Column C, etc. Probably no more than three instances. I have an example spreadsheet that has sample data and a results tab of how I would like the valid data to look. I am not sure where to start on coding it and which formula would be the right ones to use. I don't necessarily want the exact code but some guidance on the steps to take and formulas to try.

Relevancy 66.22%

I am having a problem Changing Data in a Acess Table column I have a access table called quot ITEMS quot with one field called quot IDNo quot and one field called quot ItemNo quot I have records IDNO field is thru and in the ItemNo field with the following same data string I want to in Solved: Changing Acess column Table Data a loop thru these records changing the to for Solved: Changing Data in a Acess Table column example to using an Input Box varible Attached is the small procedure of what I have Problem is it s not changing the string to string but it s looping thru all records Any help appreciated boaterjohn Private Sub Command Click Dim intCount As Integer Dim strNewItemNo As String DoCmd OpenTable quot tItems quot DoCmd GoToControl quot ItemNo quot strNewItemNo InputBox quot ENTER Solved: Changing Data in a Acess Table column THE NEW ITEM NUMBER quot quot NEW ItemNO IS quot MsgBox quot NEW ItemNO IS quot amp strNewItemNo input the no of records for intCount using input box intCount DoCmd GoToRecord acFirst itemno strNewItemNo DoCmd RefreshRecord Do While intCount gt DoCmd GoToRecord acNext itemno strNewItemNo DoCmd RefreshRecord intCount intCount - Loop End Sub nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I have just bought a Dell laptop. On my old laptop I had the hard drive partitioned for OS and Data in the proportion of 50/50A. The new laptop with a hard drive of 750Gb is also partitioned with the C drive being for OS at 676GB and the D for Data at 7.96GB. This seems a strange way round because the data drive would be the one with pictures, music etc. on it and so would need to be the bigger one. Any thoughts please?

Relevancy 65.36%

tried looking for this in many different places but can t find an exact match and i tried to edit some macros but still would not work i need a macro that will allow an entire row from one sheet be copied into a new sheet so basically here is what needs to be done from my active entire sheet Solved: new column matched is to if copy data row sheet look in Column D select all rows in in column D if it has the word quot Confirmed quot in it create a new sheet and paste all those selected rows to this sheet delete this transfered data from sheet in the new sheet i need to add in titles as follows in columns A - O Ticket OrgCode Event Event Status Project Type Project Status Start Date End Date Resource Client Project Name Project Fund Solved: copy entire row to new sheet if column data is matched Project WBS Project Cost Center Amount So column A Row Ticket B Row OrgCode etc I already have a macro which changes the current sheet column names so i need to add the above into this code Code Sub recordd ' ' recordd Macro ' ' Range quot A quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Ticket quot Range quot B quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot OrgCode quot Range quot C quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Event Type quot Range quot D quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Event Status quot Range quot E quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Project Type quot Range quot F quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Project Status quot Range quot G quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Start Date quot Range quot H quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot End Date quot Range quot I quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Resource quot Range quot J quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Client Name quot Range quot K quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Project Name quot Range quot L quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Project Fund quot Range quot M quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Project WBS quot Range quot N quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Project Cost Center quot Range quot O quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Amount quot Cells Select ActiveWorkbook Worksheets quot Sheet quot Sort SortFields Clear ActiveWorkbook Worksheets quot Sheet quot Sort SortFields Add Key Range quot D D quot SortOn xlSortOnValues Order xlAscending DataOption xlSortNormal With ActiveWorkbook Worksheets quot Sheet quot Sort SetRange Range quot A O quot Header xlYes MatchCase False Orientation xlTopToBottom SortMethod xlPinYin Apply End With ActiveWindow ScrollRow End Sub nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, I am new here. I need help to write macro/code which can submit query in the application status feedbox at http://124.124.193.235/eregister/eregister.aspx
and click on SUBMIT. From the results, i want to copy STATUS data to excel sheet.

For example query numbers are 1274032, 1460986, 1522002 in the excel column.

For 1274032 the result page shows STATUS as REGISTERED. I want REGISTERED copied to adjacent cell of 1274032 cell

Please help me.

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, I need a macro to use in Excel 2003 that will select all data in a column except the header row. At the moment i am using the following command which works well in most cases

Range("A1").Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select

The catch to this is that if the column contains only one row of or no data then the command selects the entire column! Eek, can anybody please help me to fix this?

A:Solved: Excel macro to select data in a column with a header row

Dim lastRow as long
LastRow = worksheetfuntion.Max(2, Range("A" & rows.count).end(Exlup).Row

The variable will contain the last filled row in column A, the Max function will make sure that it will at least be row 2 just in case the column is empty

Then all you need is Range("A2:A" & lastRow).Select
Or if you need more columns then Range("A2:H" & lastRow).select

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-to-select-data-in-a-column-with-a-header-row.1024077/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there I found this topic which actually solved my problem on splitting the csv file into headers column Split file smaller keeping ones csv the while large into multiple ones split a line csv into line csv files with DOS batch however it is already closed so I decided to open a Split large csv file into smaller ones while keeping the column headers new one The solution given to the previous thread was this and it actually worked echo Split large csv file into smaller ones while keeping the column headers off setlocal ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION REM Edit this value to change the name of the file that needs splitting Include the extension SET BFN BigFile csv REM Edit this value to change the number of lines per file SET LPF REM Edit this value to change the name of each short file It will be followed by a number indicating where it is in the list SET SFN SplitFile REM Do not change beyond this line SET SFX BFN - SET A LineNum SET A FileNum For F quot delims quot l in BFN Do SET A LineNum echo l gt gt SFN FileNum SFX if LineNum EQU LPF SET A LineNum SET A FileNum endlocal Pause However after splitting the file I noticed that only the first split had the column headers while the remaining ones does not have them Is it possible to do that through batch If yes what code can I include in the code given above Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Just a little background I suck at Excel I mostly work on mainframes these days doing data processing Our data processing always deals with Text files but just recently we have a client who would like to receive their Data back in an Excel format That is not a big issue We can easily take a text file and import it into Excel The problem comes into play when they would like their data split by a LOT Number so that each Lot Number is on its own Worksheet Now that is not that big of a deal if there were just a few Data Multiple WorkSheets Solved: from to Split Sheet1 Lot Numbers I can turn the filters on for the Lot Number Column and copy and paste to a new Worksheet But most of the time we are dealing with a few dozen lot numbers and usually rows So I Solved: Split Data from Sheet1 to Multiple WorkSheets found a somewhat functional VB Macro to split the data to multiple worksheets but it has a few drawbacks I will post the code I am using at the end of this Drawbacks It doesn t copy and paste the header row to each new worksheet The Columns it copies is hard coded I could on any given order I do for them have Column A-M populated or sometimes it could be columns A-P Is there anyway to make this more flexible so that it can just look at the header row and see that the last column that is populated is where my data ends for the columns I don t like having to edit the ending column every time in the Macro Each new sheet name is named by the Lot number it finds in Column A That is fine but I actually need the Worksheet name to say LOT DATA Currently the Worksheet name just says which is the Lot Number So basically it needs to Prefix the word LOT before the Lot Number and append the word DATA after the Lot Number I am so horrible with Excel And it got worse with Excel I stumble around in it How do I save this code so that it is not part of the Workbook with the data I am working on and is available anytime I open Excel Here is the Macro I am currently using which I found over on StackOverFlow Code Sub SplitData Dim DataMarkers Names As Range name As Range n As Long i As Long Set Names Range quot A A quot amp Range quot A quot End xlDown Row n DeleteWorksheets For Each name In Names If name Offset lt gt name Then ReDim Preserve DataMarkers n DataMarkers n name Row Worksheets Add After Worksheets Worksheets Count name name n n End If Next name For i To UBound DataMarkers If i Then Worksheets Range quot A C quot amp DataMarkers i Copy Destination Worksheets i Range quot A quot Else Worksheets Range quot A quot amp DataMarkers i - amp quot C quot amp DataMarkers i Copy Destination Worksheets i Range quot A quot End If Next i End Sub Sub DeleteWorksheets Dim ws As Worksheet activeShtIndex As Long i As Long activeShtIndex ActiveSheet Index Application DisplayAlerts False For i ThisWorkbook Worksheets Count To Step - If i lt gt activeShtIndex Then Worksheets i Delete End If Next i Application DisplayAlerts True End Sub Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

In MS Access I have two tables for Equipment a Cost table and a Meter table.
I created a qry to link the serial number from the two tables.
I want to use a split form where I can enter data in either place ( on the form or on the datasheet below).

1 - Form is not allowing me to update it seems "frozen"
2 - I need to choose the Year.
3 - I need to choose the Area .
4 - After I have the Year and Area enter Cost or Meter.

Help ~ anyone out there with ideas that can help me I need step by step ~~ I'm super frustrated !!

A:Solved: MS Access 2007 help with split form to enter data

GIRLPWR, welcome to the forum.
How are the 2 tables linked?
Can you have more than 1 meter record per Equipment a Cost table record?
How are the tables joined in the query?
Why use a "Split" form?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ms-access-2007-help-with-split-form-to-enter-data.1066984/
Relevancy 63.64%

I am trying to hide rows of my worksheet that show a date in the completed column.
The orders that are complete have a date in column F up to this point I highlight them green so I know they are completed but it would be nice if they highlighted green and were hidden when a date was entered into the completed column.
Can someone assist me with creating a macro that will do this?
I am very new to macros so please forgive my lack of knowledge.

I have attached a sample of what I am doing however inf has been changed.

I am using Excel 2007

Thank you,

A:Solved: Macro for excel 2007 to hide rows based on any data entered in a column

Hi, welcome to the forum,

I put some simple code in the Sheet's vba

Make sure you allow macro's to be run

Just enter a date in the last row of column F for testing.

For the other green rows, just click in column F and update the date by retyping it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-macro-for-excel-2007-to-hide-rows-based-on-any-data-entered-in-a-column.1076999/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi guys I have a problem I am hoping some one can help with I am using Excel and this is my dilemma I have a cell 3 range 1 Column into true" other "if columns Compare a Concatenate large spreadsheet of info rows In column A I have a range of customer ID s many are duplicated see example each time a ID is duplicated it means that there are cells in other columns with related information A B C D D Smith Compare a Column range "if true" Concatenate 3 other columns into 1 cell note C Green note D Smith note C White note C White note D Smith Note C White note What I am trying to do is compare each cell in column A with the next cell Compare a Column range "if true" Concatenate 3 other columns into 1 cell in column A If the customer ID is the same then concatenate the multiple cells from columns B C D into Column E A B C D E D Smith note D Smith note Note note C Green note D Smith note So as in my example if there are occurances of the exact same Customer ID then it would concatenate the Information in the corrresponding Columns B C D and Rows into one new cell in the same row as the first instance of the Customer ID Column E and Row What I have so far is this IF A A CONCATENATE B C D B C D but it only compares two cells then concatenates those two rows so I end up with a lot of duplicated data in column E I hope that is clear nbsp

A:Compare a Column range "if true" Concatenate 3 other columns into 1 cell

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compare-a-column-range-if-true-concatenate-3-other-columns-into-1-cell.703131/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a list of 39525 emails in column A and a list of 19909 emails in column B. If an email exists in column B that also is in column A I want it removed from column B. PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU!!!!!!

A:Solved: Excel 2010 - Remove duplicates from column B that exist in column A

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2010-remove-duplicates-from-column-b-that-exist-in-column-a.990368/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi Everyone,

I have a date column in my spreadsheet and there are several actions that I would like to apply to it -

1). Auto populate the date column with the current date only when the column to the left has data entered into it (please see below)

2). Make the date column read only so that it cannot be modified by other parties.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

A:Solved: Automatically enter date into a column and make that column read only

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-automatically-enter-date-into-a-column-and-make-that-column-read-only.1073109/
Relevancy 60.63%

hello all,

in excel 2003, i need to add a whole column of numbers but i need to exclude any rows, and so it's corresponding cell in the column i'm adding, which may contain a particular string of text.

for example,

say there are 3 columns,

"date", "description", "amount"

i want a total for the amount column, "=sum(c:c)" but i don't want to include any cells which have a DESCRIPTION of "gratuity, thank you".

i hope this makes sense and any help is much appreciated.
many thanks.

ss

A:Solved: ignore rows with certain text in one column when adding another whole column

Hi there, welcome to the board!

I would do one of two things.

1) Take a look at pivot tables
2) Take a look at SUMIF()

Both will get you where you want to go, although the first option is more powerful and robust, it has a much higher learning curve, whereas the second one is more succinct and easy yet less flexible.

Edit: This will get you started with the second item...
=SUMIF(B2:B10,"<>"&"gratuity, thank you",C2:C10)

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ignore-rows-with-certain-text-in-one-column-when-adding-another-whole-column.761733/
Relevancy 59.77%

Windows - Excel I am trying to write a macro with that will start at the bottom an unknown line number and loop up through the rows then stop at row It will need to loop from column C thru F to see if the value is a If all columns then delete the row and go up one row and Column Solved: loop with bottom looping to to top column start checking C thru F again If at any time there is a number value in one of Solved: Column to column loop with bottom to top looping those columns it needs to move up row and start checking again until all rows except row have been checked I know I have to start from the bottom and move up to delete rows without skipping any I ve been looking and looking but I can seem to find the right code for this I know I m missing something I could use any help I can get Thanks This is what I ve written and the first Lastrow Range quot A quot amp Rows Count End xlUp Row - is getting runtime error Method Range of object Global failed Sub Delete valueRows Open LTC Individual- Workbooks Open FileName quot C Users Diedre N Collins Desktop LOB CY Macro Worksheets LTC LTC Individual- xlsx quot WorkSheets quot LTC Individual-WIP quot Select Dim i Lastrow Lastrow Range quot A quot amp Rows Count End xlUp Row - For i Lastrow To Step - If Cells i quot C quot Value Then Cells i quot C quot Offset Select Else Lastrow Range quot A quot amp Rows Count End xlUp Row - If Cells i quot D quot Value Then Cells i quot D quot Application Goto quot c quot Else Lastrow Range quot A quot amp Rows Count End xlUp Row - If Cells i quot E quot Value Then Application Goto quot c quot Else Lastrow Range quot A quot amp Rows Count End xlUp Row - If Cells i quot F quot Value Then Selection EntireRow Delete Else Lastrow Range quot A quot amp Rows Count End xlUp Row - End If End If End If End If Next End Sub nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi My question relates to a list I have created that shows our team who our internal stakeholders are We select thier name from SharePoint in Information column - Solved: Replicate Column another a person group column and then add in using Lookup columns which division and department they are from So I don t have to worry about updating the Solved: SharePoint - Replicate Column Information in another column look up lists whenever a team changes it s name or if a person leaves to go to another team I thought I would add more person group columns in place of the lookup columns So now a user has to enter the stakeholders name times in the person group columns and they are set to display the Name Person Column Division Person and Department Person Now the problem I m looking for a way in SharePoint Designer SPD so when the user is on the new item form they only need to enter the stakeholders name Person Column once Then using SPD I would like to adjust the display list so the Stakeholders information is showing in the three Person columns The news columns show the stakeholders division and department The other columns will have automatically copied the source date from the original name column and are now displaying the same source data as division and department Is this possible I appreciate any help you can offer nbsp

A:Solved: SharePoint - Replicate Column Information in another column

Solved in another forum. Used a workflow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sharepoint-replicate-column-information-in-another-column.865313/
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok I am trying to print a spreadsheet format list. I have about 30000
title-artist entries in 2 columns. I am basically trying to print pages 1 & 2, 3-4, 5-6 and so on the same page without shrinking them way down. I want it to be just like I printed 2 columns but with 4 instead. I want to use the left side of the page for page 1 and the left side for page 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

A:Solved: Printing 4 Columns from 2 columns in excel

Welcome to the board.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/asap-utilities-excel-tools-tip.php?tip=124&utilities=Format ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printing-4-columns-from-2-columns-in-excel.773525/
Relevancy 58.91%

I can't figure out how to add a column to the right of all my data. I insert column, and it inserts a column LEFT of the column my cursor is in (the very last column). And I haven't figured out how to manipulate the columns to move them around like I can in Excel (which is still a hit or miss thing for me - anyone have the tip on how to do that, too?)

A:Adding database columns to the RIGHT of the last database column

For any curious, I did find a way... You have to open design view and add it in one of the blanks beneath your last entry.

Not quite as easy as just right-click > insert, but it works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260904/adding-database-columns-to-the-right-of-the-last-database-column/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I have a query but I'm not sure if it's even possible to do.

If I enter a name into cell J1 I want to check for this name in column H then for each row that is found on I would like to sum column B and output the result to cell J2. E.g. If I enter Paul into J1 I would like to search for this name in column H. For every row this is found on I would like the B cell for that row to be included in a sum of which the result is output to cell J2.

Is this possible and if so does anybody know how?

Cheers
Paul

A:Solved: Excel - Search for value in one column, sum a different column

yes, SUMIF() should do that

i'll edit - and add an example

enter into J2

=SUMIF(H2:H9,J2,B2:B9)

see attached example file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-search-for-value-in-one-column-sum-a-different-column.1093809/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone,
I'm looking to automate deleting duplicates column by column within each row. For example, in the attached example, on row 590, I'd want to delete duplicates of '1225 Whthrs Mrcvl Rd Ste 206,Hamilton,NJ,08619'. In addition, I'd want this automation to process the entire worksheet.
Considering that there is over 8,000 rows, I'm praying that this is possible.
Thank you!

A:Solved: delete duplicates within a row; column by column

Hi
Here is a possible solution but without a clearer view of your data it is strongly advised that you try it in a copy of your file.

Code:

Sub DelDup()
'
Dim lRow As Integer
Dim lCol As Integer
Dim i As Integer
Dim c As Integer
'
lRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row 'Find the last row used in column A
'
For i = 1 To lRow 'loop through each row
lCol = Cells(i, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column 'Find the last used column in the row
For c = lCol To 2 Step -1 'loop backwards from the nth column to the 2nd column in the row
If Cells(i, c) = Cells(i, c - 1) Then 'compare column c with the previous column
Cells(i, c).ClearContents 'if they are equal then clear column c
End If
Next c 'go to the next column(which is the previous column)
Next i 'go to the next row
'
End Sub

Let me know if you need help inserting the macro into your workbook.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-delete-duplicates-within-a-row-column-by-column.1125668/
Relevancy 58.05%

Alright so I have 2 workbooks lets say "workbooka" and "workbookb" they both contain the same column header "asset #". Workbooka has a list with no duplicates and is listed as column D. While Workbookb has a couple duplicates and is in column F. I wanted to be able to pull the information from workbookb into workbooka for only the "asset #" that match. Because of the duplicates however I have been running into a problem. Looking for input that does not involve a macros or add-in.

Thank you
AJ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/match-columns-and-data.1169717/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,i found this question and seems near to my problem, but I totally dont know how to revise the code."Excel: Moving Column Data Into New Rows??"I have this data:UniqueID Company 1FullName 1Designation 1CountryCode 1Phone 1Email 2FullName 2Designation 2CountryCode 2Phone 2EmailR123456 Company1 Chris Reeves +65 90221111 [email protected] R234567 Company2 Sam Lim Sole Proprietor +65 9851234 [email protected] Samboy Lim Account +65 94890987 [email protected] Company3 Jose Accounts Department +65 67672345 [email protected] and I need the above data to be like this:UniqueID Company 1FullName 1Designation 1CountryCode 1Phone 1EmailR123456 Company1 Chris Reeves 65 90221111 [email protected] Company2 Sam Lim Sole Proprietor 65 9851234 [email protected] Company2 Samboy Lim Account 65 94890987 [email protected] Company3 Jose Accounts Department 65 67672345 [email protected] help.Thanksedited by moderator: Mask email addresses

A:Moving columns data into new row

I have edited your post to mask anything that looks like an valid email address. We do not want this forum to become a place where email addresses can be harvested. Once the bad guys start hanging around it's really hard to get rid of them.I can not determine the layout of your input or output data.Please click on the following line and read the instructions on how to post example data in this forum.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/moving-columns-data-into-new-row/20216.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I m hoping someone can lead me in the right direction here I have a sql query that was written data Extract SQL to specific columns for me some time ago I need to have the data placed in specific columns and rows within the csv file Is it possible for me Extract SQL data to specific columns to do this Here is what I have below Lets say I need to place quot ASSRREAL Street quot in column D row of the csv file Any help or ideas would be great Thanks SET NOCOUNT ON SELECT quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Unique id quot AS Uniqueid quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Taxpayer quot AS Name quot quot As Name quot RTRIM ASSRREAL In Care Of quot AS Careof quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Street quot AS Address quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Street Mailing Addr quot AS Address quot RTRIM ASSRREAL City quot AS City quot RTRIM ASSRREAL State quot AS State quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Zip ASSRREAL Zip quot AS Zipcode ASSRREAL Acreage AS Acres quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Map Block Lot Xtr Mbl quot AS MBL quot CONVERT varchar ASSRREAL Volume quot AS Volume quot CONVERT varchar ASSRREAL Page quot AS Page quot RTRIM LTRIM ASSRREAL Prop Loc St No quot AS Street Number quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Prop Loc St Name quot AS Street Name quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Prop Loc Unit quot AS Street Unit FROM ASSRREAL WHERE ASSRREAL Delete Flag N AND ASSRREAL GSequence AND ASSRREAL Record Year ORDER BY ASSRREAL Prop Loc St Name ASSRREAL Prop Loc St No ASSRREAL Prop Loc Unit nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I'm trying to find a way to delete some data from a column, say column A. The numbers to be deleted are in another column, column B. Is there a way to have excel remove from column A, those numbers that appear in column B? It would require some way to compare, but I can't figure out if excel has this capability. If the columns were small, we could do this manually, but the data set is huge, with several thousand numbers.

Thanks for any help.
-wayne

Relevancy 57.62%

Hey,

I have imported sales data in excel. The information lists in along two rows with mutliple columns. I need the information to be in one row under various headings. I have attached a link to a sample to explain this properly. I think I need to use a macro but I don't understand enough about them to make it work.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av0-qDbMrH0rdHJWaWlReXd4RXptWlpwME50UTBsclE

Relevancy 57.62%

Here is a sample of the table that I am working with:

Year Warehouse Item# Period1 Period2 Period3 Period4 etc....

There are many more columns but my issue is that if there is a 0 or blanks for all columns from period 1 to period 12 then don't show that row. How do I get this to happen with a query?

A:Access - hide row if many columns contain same data

In the first Criteria row for each period column enter
>0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-hide-row-if-many-columns-contain-same-data.986072/
Relevancy 57.62%

Is it possible to fetch some lines of data from a group of web pages and paste in to Excel?Pls view the image for required excel columns.

urls are,
Stock Share Price dlf ltd | Get Quote dlf | BSE
Stock Share Price dlf ltd | Get Quote dlf | BSE
Stock Share Price jaiprakash associates ltd | Get Quote jaipra | BSE
------------
-----------
up to 100 urls in a text file.

A:Web site data to excel columns

When you right click on the webpage and select "View source" from the context menu - do you see the info of interest; I don't. If the info were there, you could use InetGet. They know the value of the info being presented and they probably want to discourage automated data mining.

See if there is a mobile version of the webpage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/295491-web-site-data-excel-columns.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I have a really big problem in excel that I don t know how to do it In my workbook I have imported columns from txt files They are located in Z AA AB and AC Z amp AA contain the first and last name This can t contain any numbers AB amp AC contain the arrival departure hours This can data search same get two and columns VBA time t contain any words The list of names is made as the folowing the unique names always start from the top the dupplicated names always start after the unique list There can t be more than two instances of the same name and the list is contiguous Based on that I need to find only the dupplicated names that have one arrival and one departure hour in cells AB and AC So the first matched name should have AC blank and the dupplicate will have AB blank I will concatenate the names if it s easier to do the macro but I d rather not because the workbook itself is packed with loads of formulas and it s really making it difficult to calculate An example has been attached containg the VBA search two columns same time and get data expected result The workbook has sheets and they all use the same reference Z AA AB and AC from row and down Thank you for reading and for your intent to help I appreaciated Alex nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Afternoon. I would like to build a query in Access 2010 to move some data from one field to another.

I only want to move some data though.
My fields are named mailadd1 and mailadd2
The data that needs to be moved is in mailadd1.

These are addresses. The first field should be the street address, the second should contain the city, state, and zip.

This is correct on a lot of the rows, but on about half of the 109K records, the data that should be in mailadd2 is in mailadd1 and mailadd2 is blank.

So I need to move the data from mail1 to mail2 IF mail2 is empty. In the following example the first row and the last row's data need to be moved, the middle two rows are fine.

Again, mailadd2 is always blank if the data needs to be moved, if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-some-data-from-one-column-to-another.1147503/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a very large spreadsheet (i.e. too big for pivoting and transposing wouldn't work) which looks something like this:
Col. ACol. BCol. CCol. DCol. ECol. FCol. GEntry1Info124562131654632435435Entry2Info150256874654242454654Entry3Info2221333333336546548463
I want it to look like this (i.e. flip Col.C through Col. G and line it up with Entry1, then do the same for Entry2, etc.):

Col. ACol. BCol. CEntry1Info12Entry1Info456Entry1Info2131Entry1Info6546Entry1Info32435435Entry2Info150Entry2Info25Entry2Info6874654Entry2Info242Entry2Info454654Entry3Info222Entry3Info133333Entry3Info333Entry3Info654654Entry3Info8463

Please help!

Relevancy 56.76%

I m hoping there 2 3 columns compare EXCEL files data in is a formula within EXCEL that will allow me to complete this comparison I ve been working on it all day manually and realize it will take a long time to complete this way My computer is running on Windows Home Premium and my EXCEL is I have two different files and within each are three columns of data that I need to compare They re labeled NC NCI and SECNCI To be considered a match I need all three fields within a row to match exactly to a row within the other file The first file called REQUEST NET FILE has over rows of data so naturally there will be many repeats of these same three fields in that file but each row where the three fields match any row of data on the second file called DEPLOYED TABLE FILE needs to be the same to be considered a match If it doesn t match if possible I d also like to know why This could fall into two different scenarios NC CODE IS NOT ON DEPLOYED TABLE FILE or NCI SECNCI combo not on deployed table for this NC Once complete I ll run the same process in reverse so both files will end up with a match or no match next to each row If I need to run two separate compares one to EXCEL 2 files compare data in 3 columns get the match and then one on just the no match results to find the second bit of info I can do that Or if the second criteria can t be found via excel formula just the match no match result will be acceptable as that will save me so much time I was thinking a vlookup could do the compare for me but I m not good with vlookup formulas and after struggling a few hours with it I started searching and came across your site I ve found a few similar topics but nothing that I can translate into something for my specific need I ve attached portions of the two files and you can see on the REQUEST NET FILE where I ve managed to get to with doing it manually It s quite a tedious process so I m really hoping you can help Thank you Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I am having two column with current month profit & last month profit respectively Column A & Column B. I would like to compare both column & set the ICON (down Arrow & up Arrow ) based on result if A1 value greater than B1 set upper arrow else down arrow

A:How to set ICON in Excel by comparing data in 2 Columns

You didn't say where you wanted the arrows to appear, so I'll use C1 for this explanation.1 - In C1, enter this formula: =IF(A1>B1,2,IF(A1=B1,1,0))2 - Under the Conditional Formatting drop down, choose Icon Sets and then choose the Up arrow.3 - Go back into Conditional Formatting and choose Manage Rules4 - Edit the Rule for C1 as follows:----- Click the Show Icon Only box to place checkmark in box----- Change Type to be Number in both dropdowns----- Up Arrow: when value is >=2----- Sideways Arrow: when <2 and >0----- Down Arrow: when <=0 (should be default)5 - Click OKLet me know how that works for you.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-set-icon-in-excel-by-comparing-data-in-2-columns/20422.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi A does anyone know how to search for the text content Searching Rows/Columns EXCEL Data in of a cell through a column and then return the value content of the cell of a certain other column of the same row where the text content was found e g A B C D T XY TP YZ TP ZY P YX TP YY FORMULA TP ZZ gt gt FORMULA EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns quot Look for string TP in column A other than in EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns row and return the value of that row in column C C YZ quot NOTE There might be more than row with the string TP in column A - I would need the sum of all results in column C where the FORMULA finds this string B I also have a similar problem with another worksheet It would require a formula which searches through a whole column for certain names e g quot Donna quot and then returns the value of another column in the same row where it found quot Donna quot the value again is not in a column directly EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns adjacent to the column where quot Donna quot would be found This is fairly identical to problem A except that the search string would be unique only result and it doesn t have to take into account and disregard if the string was found in the same row of the FORMULA the search column would be in a different worksheet from the FORMULA worksheet Thanks for any suggestions Cheers from New Zealand Andreas nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I have data in columns - starting A Data columns Formulas Creating from in in rows - P and another set of data from A -P I have various formulae using that data starting in A -A I wish to include the second row of data the A -P into a second set of formulas from B -B Filling right doesn t work because if the formula in the A column is something as simple as quot A C D quot when I fill right the formula in the B column is quot B D E quot - when I NEED it to read quot A C D quot I realize there is probably a simple workaround for this - in fact I COULD just rekey the formula the reasons I don t are the formulas are more elaborate than I listed there will be many more rows of data at least more - Creating Formulas in rows from Data in columns so rekeying the formula for EACH row of data would be time-consuming and it will eventually move the formulas off the same visible area as the data I m currently combatting that by having the panes frozen Is there any way to accomplish what I m trying to get done Chris nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a column that contains the full name of a client, eg. Mr B Cooney and I want to divide this into three columns (Title, Firstname and Surname). Can anyone help?

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I have Worksheets I would like to compare the columns and add missing employees to Different Worksheets Columns Add Data on and Missing Compare the main worksheet and highlight any employees that no longer on the nd sheet Sample - Sheet Plant - PA's Column A Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data Column B Column C Row Employee Name Employee ID Start Date Row Employee VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Row Employee Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Row Employee VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Row Employee VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Sample - Sheet Employee List Query Column Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data A Column B Column C Row Employee Name Employee ID Start Date Row Employee Row Employee Row Employee Row Employee In the above example I would like to be able to add Employee from the Employee List Query to the bottom of the Plant - PA's sheet along with the VLOOKUP formulas in Columns B C I would also like to highlight Employee on the Plant - PA's as it has been removed form the Employee List Query sheet Hopefully this makes sense and is possible Thank you Sandi

A:Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data

Hi,Here is an example of how i would do it, usually others will have a much cleaner and probably better way of coding the solution, however this is my way of doing it.Hopefully DerbyDad can provide a solution too.There are two method which you will need to call1) CopyMissingEmployeeThis will call IsOnOtherList and check if the employee exists on the other list, if not then the entire row is copied to sheet 12) HiglightRemovedThis will call IsMissing and will highlight any employees on sheet 1 where they do not appear on sheet 2.Hope this helpsPrivate Sub CopyMissingEmployee()

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range
Dim NextRow

Set URange = Sheet2.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet2.Range(URange, LRange)

If IsOnOtherList(BCell.Value) = False Then

BCell.EntireRow.Copy

NextRow = Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

Sheet1.Paste Sheet1.Range("A" & NextRow + 1)

End If

Next BCell

End Sub

Private Function IsOnOtherList(EmpID As String) As Boolean

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range

Set URange = Sheet1.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet1.Range(URange, LRange)

If BCell.Value = EmpID Then
IsOnOtherList = True
Exit For
Else
IsOnOtherList = False
End If

Next BCell

End Function

Private Sub HiglightRemoved()

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range
Dim NextRow

Set URange = Sheet1.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet1.Range(URange, LRange)

If IsMissing(BCell.Value) = True Then

'BCell.EntireColumn.Interior.Color = vbYellow
BCell.EntireRow.Interior.Color = vbYellow

End If

Next BCell

End Sub

Private Function IsMissing(EmpID As String) As Boolean

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range

Set URange = Sheet2.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet2.Range(URange, LRange)

If BCell.Value <> EmpID Then
IsMissing = True
Else
IsMissing = False
Exit For
End If

Next BCell

End Function

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/compare-columns-on-different-worksheets-and-add-missing-data/19897.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Helloooo
I have two columns of data. In column A, I need to identify every cell that is identical to any value in column B.

Relevancy 56.76%

I have been working on a project for a few weeks and I could really use some help I m attaching a dummy file example that is an example of how my XLS comes to me each month I need a Solved: to delete specific XLS Macro move to columns rows/columns rows. and macro that leaves me with the second file example If the macro could just grab the Student name then put the following info for each student all on row that would be perfect Child s Name Date In Time In Rounded Time Out Rounded Sometimes for some reason there is a student with Solved: XLS Macro to delete specific rows/columns and move columns to rows. a Cont after their name I need that row deleted and just pull the times up onto the same row as other times The example file might make sense Here are the steps I am doing manually that I hope a macro could do for Solved: XLS Macro to delete specific rows/columns and move columns to rows. me Un-merge cells B Un-merge any cells with a child s name such as Doe Jane Delete any row with a childs name that has Cont after it such as Doe Jane Cont Delete rows - Delete columns A C F H I J M N O and P Manually move all info up to one row per student Delete all empty rows below See example as the completed file but I only moved a few of the rows per student for the sake of time Is there any way to do all of this with a macro nbsp

A:Solved: XLS Macro to delete specific rows/columns and move columns to rows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xls-macro-to-delete-specific-rows-columns-and-move-columns-to-rows.1021890/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi!

I need to compute the weighted average of every other column that has data. (sample file attached)

What formula can I use in Excel?

Please help!

A:Weighted Average of Every Other Column With Data

Please explain more.
the attached data is uniform and can be averaged by the normal Average formula.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weighted-average-of-every-other-column-with-data.812104/
Relevancy 56.76%

g'day everyone!

this forum has been awesome in helping me do my project. hence im back, seeking answer.

im currently doing in MS Access, a Report about profit and loss. this report obtain its information by Query, matching the specified information gathered from a Table.

the following is a screenshot from the Report
as you can see, the 2 informations i want to use are given in the query (named: items bought & items sold), my question is, how to reference those 2 different data, but within the same column so that i can make an iif expression for the profit and loss.

thanks for looking!

regards,

Hardy

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi - i am trying to write a macro to move data from some rows to columns, but its not a straightforward transpose. Attached is the example

and if there are any blanks not to transpose those.

Suggestions??

A:Macro column data into rows

Select your range of data to evaluate (in your attached example you would select C3:N12) and then run the macro below. The macro will create a new sheet with the transposed data.
Code:
Sub Transpose()

oldSheet = ActiveSheet.Name

Worksheets.Add().Name = "NewSheet"

Sheets(oldSheet).Select

For Each vcell In Selection.Cells

If vcell.Value <> "" Then

vRow = Sheets("NewSheet").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row

Sheets("NewSheet").Range("A" & vRow).Value = Range("A" & vcell.Row).Value
Sheets("NewSheet").Range("B" & vRow).Value = Range("B" & vcell.Row).Value
Sheets("NewSheet").Range("C" & vRow).Value = Cells(2, vcell.Column).Value
Sheets("NewSheet").Range("D" & vRow).Value = vcell

End If

Next vcell

End Sub
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-column-data-into-rows.1026000/
Relevancy 56.76%

This may have been asked/answered Previously but I didnt see an answer, I know its possible to Hide/unide column's But I need to do it based on if there is a null Value. IE there are 9 columns only 1 has manditory Value, Name. In my query that pulls the data (a search Box) it pull records that dont have data in the Location field. so in my Subform frmSearchdata I want the location column hidden. Ive tried several ways of coding it in VBA and I dont get errors but it doesnt hide the columns either. Any tips?

A:Hiding a Column In a data Sheet

I see this is not your first post and of course we can all make assumptions but you know what the assume stands for.

it makes an a s s out of u and me

Leaving that for what it is, I could assume you're talking about Excel but ... further more no version of the (unknown) application mentioned which is also quite relevant due to added functionality

Maybe Excel but if could also be Access . . .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hiding-a-column-in-a-data-sheet.1056626/
Relevancy 56.33%

We have a survey package which is great, but it out puts the questions numbers over the columns and each new row is a response, however our calculations are setup for the question numbers to be the rows and the responses are the columns. Is there any way to swap these values around in this fashion? Thanks for any help

A:Excel: swapping columns and rows layout of data?

Howdy. You can copy the data, then Paste Special > Transpose

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-swapping-columns-and-rows-layout-of-data.456591/
Relevancy 56.33%

As an example, The Itunes directory is in My Music. My Music is in a Music library, so the file details in explorer include album, #, etc. Within Itunes is the Apps directory and other data where "album name" doesn't make sense. I want it to display as a non-music directory. There doesn't seem to be any way to set the default columns displayed in a directory within a Music Library without changing how all the directories are displayed. Nor does there seem to be a way to remove a Music Library sub-directory from being considered as a Music Library member.

A:Can I set explorer columns for data directory within music library

Hello EasilyConfused, and welcome to Seven Forums.

From within the Music library, you can change, add, and remove any columns you like.Windows Explorer Columns - Add or Remove
The tutorial below can help show you how to remove folders that you no longer want to be included in the say Music library.Library - Remove a Included Folder
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209911-can-i-set-explorer-columns-data-directory-within-music-library.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Anybody ever encountered this situation or have any ideas?

One of our users has a multi-tab Excel (vers. 2002, SP3) workbook with several columns containing pricing and taxes on products we handle. When she prepares to print the worksheet, she hides some of the middle columns so that only the data in the first and last columns will print out. The issue is, as soon as she unhides the hidden columns, certain data fields get wiped out... deleted. Then, she has to retype them. There are no macros or VBA scripts programmed in this workbook, and no wierd formulas I've seen that would potentially do this. Is this possibly an Excel bug???

A:Hiding Columns Appear to delete data in hidden fields (?????)

Sounds like a user bug. I won't believe it's exactly as you describe without seeing the file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hiding-columns-appear-to-delete-data-in-hidden-fields.628509/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have searched this site Can simultaneously be USB data split? and many others looking for a way to quot split Can USB data be simultaneously split? quot or mirror data from an USB device bar code scanner to two computers We need to do a parallel cut-over from a legacy asset management system whose interface at each loading dock is a LAN connected PC with an USB bar code scanner to a WEB application using a laptop with the same USB scanner Years ago I designed a RS- serial port Y cable that allowed the SMDR data from a PBX to go to both a data capture serial port on a computer and another device by utilizing signal diodes Not anticipating the firmware software timing and control logic involved I thought all I needed to do was match a pair of diodes that would block the computers from sending or receiving data from each other as I had done before USB is much more technologically complex All the research I have read so far leads me to believe that I would have to design a quot black box quot which would interface between the scanner and the two computers The box would look like a computer to the scanner a scanner to each computer and thereby spoofing each component I don t think I have the technical chops to get this done in a timely and efficient manner if at all Though if anyone has done this before please share the details I m very good with making things work from a plan schematic etc OR Plan B seems to be to share the USB port in either Windows XP Pro Windows Pro or Windows Pro I would need to have the windows for the resident app and the browser running the WEB app simultaneously read each scanned barcode I am not sure how to do that either I hope that I ll be able to find someone with a workable solution to this question Thanks in advance for your helpful thoughts and suggestions nbsp

A:Can USB data be simultaneously split?

AFV said:

I have searched this site and many others looking for a way to "split" or mirror data from an USB device (bar code scanner)to two computers. We need to do a parallel cut-over from a legacy asset management system (whose interface, at each loading dock, is a LAN connected PC with an USB bar code scanner) to a WEB application using a laptop with the same USB scanner. Years ago I designed a RS-232 serial port Y cable that allowed the SMDR data from a PBX to go to both a data capture serial port on a computer and another device by utilizing signal diodes.

Not anticipating the firmware/software/timing and control logic involved, I thought all I needed to do was match a pair of diodes that would block the computers from sending or receiving data from each other, as I had done before. USB is much more technologically complex.

All the research I have read, so far, leads me to believe that I would have to design a "black box" which would interface between the scanner and the two computers. The box would look like a computer to the scanner, a scanner to each computer, and thereby spoofing each component. I don’t think I have the technical “chops” to get this done in a timely and efficient manner if at all. Though if anyone has done this before, please share the details. I’m very good with making things work from a plan/schematic etc.

OR: Plan B seems to be to share the USB port in either Windows XP Pro, Windows 2000 Pro or Windows 7 Pro. I would need to have the windows for the resident app. and the browser (running the WEB app.) simultaneously read each scanned barcode. I am not sure how to do that either.

I hope that I’ll be able to find someone with a workable solution to this question. Thanks, in advance for your helpful thoughts and suggestions!Click to expand...

Disclaimer: I am not at all an expert when it comes to USB. But I would think it can't work similarly to your example with the PBX because of how USB operates vs. RS232. 232 being unidirectional method that allows interrupts, it doesn't require polling as USB does. With USB, the host and client need to properly talk to each other, with the client polling for data packets and the host sending them (perhaps I have reversed host and client with this example)--and you can have only one host or client, not multiple.

If what you want to do is connect a scanner to two computers--with the end result being that a scan shows up on both computers from a single scanner, it's probably something you'll have to do with a software solution handling the scanned barcode's data file, once it is scanned by the original computer.

It may be physically possible to construct a black-box sort of interface in principle, but I wouldn't have the slightest clue where to start, if it is even possible, and how to deal with any sort of proprietary things that may be associated with the barcode scanner/software.

But I am interested to see if someone else has more info--just curiosity.

https://hardforum.com/threads/can-usb-data-be-simultaneously-split.1805425/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an address list: 123 Greenwood, 456 Thomas, 789 Butters
I want to split the address number from the street name. Will I have to go through and manually do this or is there a way in excel that will let me split the cells in a very long list?

A:can you split data in one cell into two?

You should be able to do the following:
Select all the cells
then
Data > Text to Columns
using Space as a delimiter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-split-data-in-one-cell-into-two.688932/
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently built a new computer that has an ssd intended for the os, the problem is it isnt big eneugh for all the program files, and user data. I want to move that part of the operating system over to the hard drive but have no idea how to go about it.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

A:How do I split os data between drives

I just built a new system with an SSD drive (128GB). I have the OS and select programs on the SSD and everything else on a 1 TB conventional hard drive

There are some tutorials on this thread (that I had asked a similar question). It may be of some use to you.
What do I install on SSD

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/240451-how-do-i-split-os-data-between-drives.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey Guys,

I scanned in some phone numbers/names using OCR and need some help in Excel. Here is example I made real quick of what the list looks like:

Column A is fine. However, do you see Column B? It has the grade and then the phone number.

Here's what I mean in column B:
Grade [one space] phone number

So, it looks like this in the excel spreadsheet:
10 555-5555

Here's what I need to do. I need to find a way to automate the process of taking out the phone numbers from column B and moving them all to a new column (C). There are four grade numbers (9, 10, 11, and 12), so I can run the process on each grade to separate them.

How can I do this? Thanks.

A:Moving partial data from one column to another in Excel

Put the formula:

=RIGHT(B2,8)

in C2. Adjust the 8 for the phone number if it includes area code. Then drag that formula down the number of rows you'd like.

- Castleheart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-partial-data-from-one-column-to-another-in-excel.701134/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have two spreadsheets:

One has rows with the invoice numbers and date and sales number etc for only one state

the other has rows with invoice numbers and dates and sales data etc for ALL state.

I would to match the info with first spreadsheet with the data of the second spreadsheet
using the invoice numbers, that are the same in both, as a key match .

How would I go about this?

A simple Example to illustrate:

Sheet 1 ------------------ Sheet 2
A --------- B ---------------- A ------ B
X --------- 500 ---------------- Y ------- 540
Y -------- 1000 ---------------- Z ------- 100
Z -------- 200 ----------------- X ------- 800

And I need the result as this :
A -------- B --------.... C
X -------- 500 -------- 800
Y -------- 1000 -------- 540

Relevancy 55.9%

I have an Excel workbook with k rows Each set of rows contains a table name with the fields in the table The number of fields is not the same for each table column to of from row Move value based cell? on data For example COLUMN A COLUMNB AV ACTN RSLT VWACTN RSLT CDAV ACTN RSLT VWDESCRAV ACTN RSLT VWDESCRSHORTAV ACTN RSP VWEMPLIDAV ACTN RSP VWEXT ORG IDAV ACTN RSP VWINSTITUTIONAV Move data from column to row based on value of cell? ACTN RSP VWNAMEAV ACTN RSP VWRSPL ID AMT X SAL TYPEWCS PLAN DESCR AMT X SAL TYPEWCS TOT AMOUNT I need to convert the field names so that they are in a row like this AMT X SAL TYPEWCS PLAN DESCR WCS TOT AMOUNT Is there any way for me to do this programatically I m using the transpose feature but it is time consuming and I have k rows So basically I want something like if the field in column A row matches row move that field to the right of row Move data from column to row based on value of cell? and so on until the table name changes Or maybe i should dump the spreadsheet in access and try there Thanks Amy nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I m trying to create a piece of macro code that will pick up all populated cells in a column E -E and copy both the value in that cell and the value on the same row in column A I d like the info from column A to be pasted into column A row data non-blanks column in the and from a copy Locate certain in an entirely different workbook and the corresponding data from column E from the original worksheet to go Locate non-blanks in a column and copy certain data from the row into column B of the new worksheet Data from the same row in the first spreadsheet needs to remain on the same row in the second There is also information beyond row E which I do not want Here is what I ve cobbled together so far but it currently doesn t pick up any data which is a fairly big flaw Sub MoveEM Dim wb As Workbook Dim wb As Workbook Dim rng As Range Dim rng As Range Workbooks Open Filename quot Z DPC MI Folder Copy of RPHD - xls quot Set wb Excel ActiveWorkbook Workbooks Open Filename quot Z DPC MI Folder Checking Workbook xls quot Set wb Excel ActiveWorkbook On Error Resume Next Set rng quot wb Range E - E SpecialCells xlConstants quot On Error GoTo If rng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application ScreenUpdating False Set rng wb b rng Copy rng PasteSpecial xlPasteValues copy column I to Output C rng Offset Copy rng Offset PasteSpecial xlPasteValues copy column N to Output d rng Offset Copy rng Offset PasteSpecial xlPasteValues Application ScreenUpdating True End Sub The offset lines of code are lifted from another macro and I ve not yet attempted to tailor them to for my needs until I m in a position to test them but you get the idea The workbooks open fine and it does not seem to fail at any particular point but it s not doing what I want either Can anybody confirm if I m on the correct path with this or where I m going wrong Cheers Gary nbsp

A:Locate non-blanks in a column and copy certain data from the row

GCC83,

You have a couple of problems here:

1) The reason it doesn't seem to fail at a particular point is because you have employed "On Error Resume Next," which is a poor practice and should be avoided whenever possible. If that were not there, you would receive an error when the code stopped working. My recommendation would be to remove this line and implement a proper error trap.

2) This line:

Code:

Set rng1 = "wb1.Range(E10 - E84).SpecialCells(xlConstants)"

should be:

Code:

Set rng1 = wb1.Range(E10:E84).SpecialCells(xlConstants)

When you put quotes around something, it makes it a string and you are trying to assign a range object, not a string. Also, the colon should be used in place of where you have a hyphen. Hopefully, this will help!

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/locate-non-blanks-in-a-column-and-copy-certain-data-from-the-row.4057200/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I was hoping somone could please help me out.

I have an excel spread sheet with a lot of data in columns which i need to convert into rows. The problem is one column contains over 10,000 rows of data... thus making it too hard to transpose manually.

I have attached a copy of the spreadsheet (condensed version) and was hoping someone had some suggestions on how i can achieve my desired outcome.

Thanks very much,

Ray

A:Move alot of Data from Columns Excel 2010 - too big to transpose

I'm sorry to say that this is pretty much impossible as far as I can tell because there simply isn't enough consistency in your layout. If all rows were there and in order it would be easy enough.
As they aren't, one would need to inspect the titles to put them in the right place, but your titles don't always match either. For example your second "Telephone" entry is actually titled "Clinic Mobile", which the computer justly sees as very different indeed.
I'll try to help if I can, but you'll need some point of consistency if you want computers to automate a process. If it helps, here's a copy of my spreadsheet that inspects the titles (on sheet 2). If there are only a few problematic titles it might be easier to correct them manually (or use search and replace).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-alot-of-data-from-columns-excel-2010-too-big-to-transpose.981919/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all I have a spreadsheet that holds sports results based on age groups The age groups are in one column stored as U B U G U B U G U B U G which is the age B or G boy girl The results are in another column stored as whole numbers I am trying to find a formula that will allow me to sort on the first column in the order shown above and then on the second column in descending order and then bring back the other data like the name example Child A U B Child B U G Child C U B Child D U G Child E U G would be returned as U B Child C U G Child D U G Child B U G Child E U B Child A I know I can use a manual sort but I was hoping to automatically put the results in a separate sheet in the correct order Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Excel - function to sort multiple columns of alphanumeric data

You could easily enter in this formula:
=IF(LEN(B1)=3,LEFT(B1,1)&"0"&RIGHT(B1,2),B1)
(where the three data columns are just A, B, and C) so that you get - instead of U6B, for instance - U06B. This allows you to sort correctly by age.
If you want it copied and sorted to another page like that, you really need a macro/VBA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-function-to-sort-multiple-columns-of-alphanumeric-data.933917/
Relevancy 55.47%

..... and I want to convert the lot to 2 decimal place numbers.

Excel has several methods, but none seem to work for conversion in bulk. Working on futher cells from a suitably formatted one does not work.

Is the only way to solve my problem to manually enter the numbers elsewhere, clear the original cells, and then cut and paste back to the original cells?

Help please!

A:Number data in 10 columns and 25 rows pasted from other source is text

Need more info about the source text file. When opened in Word and Show All (the paragraph mark) is enabled, what does the text file look like?

See this thread from a couple years ago and see if it gives you any ideas:

Please Help - Data in Text File to be arranged in Excel in a specific

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/298996-number-data-10-columns-25-rows-pasted-other-source-text.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a excel file like below.

Column1 |Column2|Column3|Column4|Column5|Column6|Column7
Row 1 EEEE 1 2 3
Row 2 4 5 6

I want to move data in row 2 (4,5,6) to Row 1 columns 5,6,7.

Could you help me with an excel macro to automate this as i am working with a large number of records like this in one excel sheet. i.e, i want to select the sheet and move data in every 2nd row to the columns in row above at the end of columns in that row.

your assistance is greatly appreciated.

thank you

Relevancy 55.47%

Utilizing MS Access, is there a way to separate alpha characters from numeric characters in one field/column & create 2 separate fields/columns for each, e.g., HRES4212 to HRES [field 1] and 4212 [field 2]? I am familiar with "text to column" in Excel, but it's very laborious if the number of alpha characters is not consistently 4, as in the example above, e.g., RLC22, EWP1312, etc.

A:Separating data in one column to multiple/separate colummns

andyshaffer,

Welcome to the forum. Below is some code that I found. It's for Excel though and not sure if it will work with Access.

Code:

Sub extractnumbers()
Dim RegExp As Object, Collection As Object, RegMatch As Object
Dim Myrange As Range, C As Range, Outstring As String
Dim x As Long
For x = 1 To 2
Set RegExp = CreateObject("vbscript.RegExp")
With RegExp
.Global = True
If x = 1 Then
.Pattern = "\D"
Else
.Pattern = "\d"
End If
End With
Set Myrange = ActiveSheet.Range("a1:a2") 'change to suit
For Each C In Myrange
Outstring = ""
Set Collection = RegExp.Execute(C.Value)
For Each RegMatch In Collection
Outstring = Outstring & RegMatch
Next
C.Offset(0, x) = Outstring
Next
Set Collection = Nothing
Set RegExp = Nothing
Set Myrange = Nothing
Next
End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/separating-data-in-one-column-to-multiple-separate-colummns.1043659/
Relevancy 55.47%

If you check the file attached.

please can you help me in moving data with duplicate names to have the 2nd and 3rd email address moved to a new column and delete the row

need an excel macro to automate this as i am working with a large number of records like this in one excel sheet. i.e, i want to select the sheet and move data in every 2nd row to the columns in row above at the end of columns in that row.

A:Excel Macro to Move data in Rows to column

I'm unable to understand the entire requirement, but for moving the records with duplicate names, I've written few lines. This will cut the duplicate record rows (Consider "Pupil Forename" for removing)from the "Report Data" and will post into "Sheet3". Before running this macro please insert "Sheet3". Let me know your requirement, hope I will be able to resolve it out. Thanks!

Code:
Sub test()
Sheets("Report Data").Select
Dim trow As Long
trow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows(ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count).Row
For i = trow To 1 Step -1
If i = 1 Then
Exit Sub
End If
If Cells(i, 1).Value = Cells(i - 1, 1) Then
Rows(i).Select
Selection.Cut Destination:=Sheets("Sheet3").Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2)
End If
Next i
End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-to-move-data-in-rows-to-column.1042170/
Relevancy 55.47%

Dear sir

I want to group by Column A (i.e. Item) and Column N (i.e. length) and also want to add the sum total of each change in lengths of column E,F,G,H,I,J In the column K subtotal of E:J lenghts of column & want to add the average of L,M,N

Pls find the attachment what i looking for

A:need vba code to group set of data by column A:A and sum and average of lenght of col

i have used a pivot table to produce the results
However,this may not work under all conditions and data entered

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/need-vba-code-to-group-set-of-data-by-column-a-a-and-sum-and-average-of-lenght-of-col-1014578.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there! I'm creating an access database for our company's mailing list.

I have two fields in my form named ID1 and ID2. When I create a new record, I would like Access to copy the information from ID1 into the ID2 field, and add three letters to the beginning of the data.

In other words, if ID1 is "123" i would like ID2 to automatically be generated as "RTC123".

ID1 is an autonumber field if that makes a difference.

Is this possible to do? How would I go about making it happen?

Thanks!

A:Access 2003: Copying data automatically from one column to another

Hello, if the data is already in column 1 then you can use an update query to transfer the data to column 2.
If the data in column 1 is to be entered in a form then the transfer can be made as the data is entered.
Which way do you need to do it?
Or do you need to do it both ways.
Also why do you need to store the data like that if it can be created and displayed like it at any time?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2003-copying-data-automatically-from-one-column-to-another.629699/