Windows Support Forum

Solved: Printing 4 Columns from 2 columns in excel

Q: Solved: Printing 4 Columns from 2 columns in excel

Ok I am trying to print a spreadsheet format list. I have about 30000
title-artist entries in 2 columns. I am basically trying to print pages 1 & 2, 3-4, 5-6 and so on the same page without shrinking them way down. I want it to be just like I printed 2 columns but with 4 instead. I want to use the left side of the page for page 1 and the left side for page 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Printing 4 Columns from 2 columns in excel

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Printing 4 Columns from 2 columns in excel

Welcome to the board.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/asap-utilities-excel-tools-tip.php?tip=124&utilities=Format ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printing-4-columns-from-2-columns-in-excel.773525/
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 21.07%

I am in an office building with 40 or so tenants. The entire building is wired to one central network (let's call it main network) controlled by SonicWall where each office has one live network drop. The main network is set up in such a way that tenants can plug in their own switches and routers if they want more network connected devices in their office. The office building has a network printer connected to main network where tenants can print to it. However, when tenants have their own routers in their office you cannot really connect to the network printer that is connected to main network. Is there something I can port, bridge or set-up where they can print to it?

A:Printing to network printer on another network

I think that as long as the tenant's router is connected to the main network they should still be able to access that printer provided that the WAN IP address of their routers is within the IP range of the main network where the Network printer is attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-to-network-printer-on-another-network.203071/
Relevancy 26.23%

I successfully installed the programme to print wirelessly from my HP G laptop to a Canon Pixma MP printer and have been using it for over a year Recently a Printing Wirelessly Vista Drivers Printing Wirelessly update programme asked to be downloaded and I downloaded it and updated the print driver The programme remained in my computer Printing Wirelessly and I uninstalled it thinking that it would only uninstall the programme for installing new drivers but since uninstalling it my laptop does not recognise that a printer is connected wirelessly It comes up with the message quot The printer is offline Check that the printer is connected and that the printer power is on quot The printer s wireless LED is lit up I re-ran installing using the printer wirelessly by connecting my computer to the wireless router as instructed and running the ROM disk It re-installed everything and said that wireless printing was successful but I am still getting the same message Are there any settings I should be looking at My partner shares the same printer and he is not having any proglems with printing wirelessly I ve also run Malwarebytes in case that Vista Driver programme was a virus and there were none Grrrrrrrrrr Compused nbsp

A:Printing Wirelessly

I would uninstall all remnants of the driver on your PC, and install the drivers that came with the printer (CD).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-wirelessly.192918/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi Everyone Thank you in advanced for your time and help I am experiencing a Problems Printing strange problem and I m at the end of my rope here First of all here are my system specs OS MS Windows -Bit SP CPU Intel Core i GHz Sandy Bridge RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - MOBO Intel DH BL Socket Printing Problems GPU Acer S HL x Hz HDD GB Western Digital WDC WD EALX- BA SATA Optical Optiarc DVDRW AD- S Here are the printers I am using Local Brother MFC- C Printer Default Printer Printer Port USB Print Processor winprint Availability Always Priority Duplex None Print Quality dpi Color Status Unknown Virtual doPDF v Printer Port DOP Print Processor winprint Availability Always Priority Duplex None Print Quality dpi Color Status Unknown Network TOSHIBA e-STUDIO L Printer Port WSD-d c ae - f - cb-b - b b Print Processor winprint Availability Always Priority Duplex None Print Quality dpi Monochrome Status Unknown So I am at work doing my normal tasks when Microsoft Word freezes It becomes unresponsive and is forced to end process After starting it back up again I get a strange error message quot The printer has not yet responded but the Microsoft Office program may be able to proceed without printer information Do you want to wait for the printer quot Clicking yes causes the program to become unresponsive again Clicking no causes it to go back to normal except when I try to print it brings up the default print dialog with no printer selected When I try to select ANY of the printers every single choice will cause the program to freeze and become unresponsive again So I took some steps to try to troubleshoot after looking around online but did not find much help I tried not in order -Uninstalling all printer drivers and reinstalling them -Disabled and re-enabled Printer Spooling service -System Restore -CCleaner - clean-up amp registry repair -ComboFix -Changing default printer to local amp virtual printers -Installed Office instead won t even start-up due to printer issue The weird thing is I can print fine off of programs like notepad mspaint wordpad etc and test pages all print out fine too However certain programs like Thunderbird Chrome NitroPDF any Office program etc all freeze up when I try to print I m hoping someone might have some insight on how to fix this Thank you nbsp

A:Printing Problems

First, quit all programs. Use cmd->notepad to open a new text file, type some gobldee gook on 2-2 lines and <ctl>p to print it - - DOES IT?

If so, the print driver is fine and so is the system - - MS Word needs to see a new default printer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-problems.192820/
Relevancy 25.37%

Why would the printer change from normal operation change to printing emails in cryptic
I'm asking this to try help out my neighbor . But I was wondering if the email was the cause ?
regards drecked

A:Printer started printing cryptic text

Open NOTEPAD, type a few lines and the <ctl>P to print it.

If it is reproduced correctly, then it's the goofy email,

otherwise, disconnect power, wait a minute or two,
then go through the printer settings and test again.

Still having a problem, download and install new firmware from the vendor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-started-printing-cryptic-text.191448/
Relevancy 25.8%

I work in an office with about 15 people. I want people to print in black and white by default. Any way to do this?

Most people are using Windows 7.

Is there a way to just print in black and white for firefox? I can't figure that out either.

A:Printing in black and white?

For each machine;

go to the default printer
get the properties
look for the Print Gray Scale choice
set and save it
If the print driver doesn't have the option, then you're out of luck.

Once set, ALL applications will get this default, but can get color again by using the printer options;
eg <ctl>P in the application, -> Properties -> select B&W vs Color

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-in-black-and-white.190832/
Relevancy 25.37%

What is the usual diagnosis or outcome when an HP C AIO won HP many not self errors diagnostic; test printing printer t print a correct Self Test Diagnostic from control panel It printed it one won t print another because of multiple errors was missing ALL data from boxes amp sections of pg report - except color print test boxes looked fine Just printed report sections headers amp data boxes Gone through usual printer reset steps power reset HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors clearing hardware error codes via quot secret menu quot then unplugging amp waiting sec That clears or more errors but they re-appear The errors just rotate clear another pops Carriage or paper jam neither true carriage moves easily HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors by hand - isn t quot jammed quot when reports it Hitting OK starts carriage moving again No paper or bits Took lid amp top cover off No paper bits that are visible - front back inside paper tray area w o dismantling entire unit Ink system failure printed perfect text lines amp color boxes on the partial HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors self test after that error appeared amp was cleared - several times Pump Motor Stalled DON T think ink motor is stalled or not working Printed perfect lines headings amp color boxes on the one self test lacking data With top cover off can see all pump gears belt turning normally in warm up Pump sounds normal during printer prep Paper pick up rollers NOT turning - that s true except for ONE self test w o the data They turn easily by hand not dirty - just don t engage Is it just fried With so many errors - most seem false AND unable to print accurate self test diagnostic not sure this is just a quot reset quot issue Had a power outage - but it was on surge protector UPS w voltage control - ALONG w modem router VOIP ATA PC monitor None were damaged Tried plugging printer into wall outlet - no change DC voltage of printer adapter checks OK w meter IS it a POSSIBILITY though AC adapter voltage is OK it s not delivering correct mA Not sure how to check DC mA of AC adapter - any advice there It cost after tax - yrs ago at steep discount Light use If it s toast not sure I d buy an HP not just because of this - more for HP s apparent declining reputation For avg home use - All In One types wondering which brand now has best satisfaction reliability AND least trouble using generic ink Maybe they re all junk now As in now yrs of light use may be avg life DON T want one w colors combined in or cartridges Thanks nbsp

A:HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors

Seems toast to me. You've been pretty thorough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-printer-not-printing-self-test-diagnostic-many-errors.190628/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
I'm using a xerox Docucolor 3535 built in fiery printer and I cant seem to get it printing...

I decided to upgrade my computer from xp to vista and installed the driver ( pcl6 ) for the printer and it worked (got the driver and such), the computer was formatted to xp again to use some older programs not printer related and the drivers worked but then it crashed and we decided to use vista but the drivers wont work. We pinged (command prompt) the printers ip (which was correct) it pinged OK but no printing.

Finally put on back the xp but still nothing (this is 32 bit Serivice pack 2) still pings but no printing...

I tried almost all that I know but still not printing any help?

A:Xerox Docucolor 3535 not printing

Did you try setting the printer port settings from Raw to LPR and the Queue name to "print" (w/o quotes)?
Other than that double check the driver you are using is the Fiery version of the printer. Sometimes they release them with different print controllers, so have multiple drivers depending on which printer controller the copier is using.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xerox-docucolor-3535-not-printing.190103/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi there I am new to this forum though I have went through a couple of threads regarding VPN but I can t seem to find my answer through printing VPN Local I work in an IT department and have to users which are not on the business domain To make use of a program hosted on our server they connect via VPN to out network and then join a remote desktop Both of them make use of a network printer Now one of them has a PC with Win and the other one with XP When they connect to the VPN though only the user on the Win PC is allowed to print the other user Local printing through VPN s job only goes into the print queue and he has to disconnect from the VPN and then it prints Both user Local printing through VPN s VPN permissions are the same as I asked the network admin and the printer settings should be the same on both PCs as I checked them Help would be greatly appreciated as I have been working on this for a very long time with no avail Thanks nbsp

A:Local printing through VPN

the other user's job only goes into the print queue and he has to disconnect from the VPN and then it prints.Click to expand...

Wow, is that strange or what (but that's why your here too I guess). The fact that it is queued says the data path from the user->system->print queue is just fine - - and that says permissions are ok. I suspect that the users program is not closing the output file. Have the user try a simple test using NOTEPAD printing to the remote printer.

Next I would look for software updates to the XP VPN software and then to XP print driver for that device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-printing-through-vpn.189640/
Relevancy 10.75%

I was bored the other night so I No output reassembling parts video good solved after -- decided to assemble some parts I had laying around into a working system It was late and I d had a couple beers so I wasn t at my best I had some trouble installing the Hyper but finally had it all together and wired up It seemed to boot up fine all fans spinning both drives spinning but no output to video I knew that all parts came from a working system tried another No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved monitor tried a video card cleared CMOS reseated RAM no video Took it all apart and examined the mobo looking for shorted spots and cracks nothing I could see was wrong Went to bed had nightmares about electromagnetic pulse weapons testing randomly destroying computers all over the world Got up determined to fix a computer that shouldn t be broken installed the CPU and Hyper No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved again noticed that this time it lined up the screws much easier and didn t press the heatsink as tightly - looked at the instruction illustration again and realized I had the X bracket on wrong before quot breadboarded quot it and the video works Put it all back in the case testing at each step to make sure it was still getting VGA output It works fine now The extra mechanical force applied by the X bracket being wrong was enough to stress the CPU or the mobo to the point of throttling the video output somehow So for all you others who had the same problem no video after re-assembling good parts which Googled up in the hundreds this is one thing you might check When installed properly most coolers will twist a couple of degrees without too much trouble If it s rigidly immobile like mine was last night with X bracket installed wrong then something s wrong The lesson learned here is don t drink and attempt to build a computer even if it s only beers in hours nbsp

A:No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved

I guess you could say...
The shlt hit the fan.
ok, terrible pun, I'm sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-after-reassembling-good-parts-solved.185193/
Relevancy 26.23%

monsieurs et madames

I have a printer which ive used for a couple years now (epson workforce 610) and suddenly it stopped printing...

whenever i tell it to print something it gives me the screen in the bottom right witht he printer the printing bar etc, but the bar never moves, the printer never makes a sound, and eventually i get an error message saying the document failed to print. nothing else..

i dont think its driver related, since i doubt the printer magically updated, and it connected to the wireless network bc i can "use" it on another computer. however the other computer has the same issue with documents failing to print.

any ideas, thoughts, or solutions would be greatly appreciated - iap

A:Printer not printing =(

if it has conked out, you might as well buy a new one. printers are dirt cheap.... I really don't know anyone who actually repairs them.....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-not-printing.175444/
Relevancy 10.75%

I wasn't able to connect through my wireless router to the internet on any of my wireless devices until I plugged in my wireless usb stick. I plugged it into one laptop, and now I can use both. Why would this happen? My mother has the same connectivity issue, and do you think I should try the same thing? It seems as though that every wireless connection that I come across has this problem lately. Every single one. I am confused, is it just me?

Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network. I used to get that error every time I tried to repair connection.

A:I have solved my limited connectivity and need some answers

I think the lack of responses here may be the result of everyone else being confused as well.

Try explaining that a little better, its not exactly clear what your problem is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-solved-my-limited-connectivity-and-need-some-answers.174540/
Relevancy 25.8%

I connect to the internet at home using an aircard. Just bought a new Brother printer and want to print wirelessly to it. Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks very much!

A:Wireless printing using aircard?

What does the Brother manual tell you? That is the first step. Brother has not been the best at linking to other tecnologies.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-printing-using-aircard.174295/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi everyone Does anyone here familiar with what could be causing all of my printers to print with a greenish tint I was using HP Photosmart printer for my photo printing for awhile When it started to print green tint I figured a good reason to upgrade The newer with a green tint? Printing model of HP Photosmart printer worked great for awhile started to print green again I got rid of them and started to use my old Canon S for general printing And now my S after years of great performance started to print green also Of course now I suspect that it might be one of the programs I m Printing with a green tint? using that it might be corrupting the settings or something like that I do still use Microsoft Picture It even though I also have the Picture It I like to use the because to me it s more user-friendly I use it for most of my limited photo quot manipulations quot including printing Anyone has a good idea what the cause for the green tint is I just don t have the time to install uninstall different programs play with settings etc I d really appreciate some help with this nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-with-a-green-tint.171430/
Relevancy 25.37%

My Dell A940 is printing really light and patchy. Tried re-positioning the encoder strip and turning it upside down but to no avail... Have not found anything useful at dell.com. Anyone got a suggestion? Thanks

A:Dell A490 printer printing too light

Have you checked your cartridge ink levels?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-a490-printer-printing-too-light.170987/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi My system already had an Nvidia GT Gcard installed and running for about years now Yesterday i got a BOOTMGR error and had to repait that file using the Windows Disc This involved using the onboard video chip of my motherboard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group - Model GF -M TE Upon resolving the BOOTMGR issue i was unable to resuse my graphics card I have tried reinstalling drivers motherboard drivers resetting CMOS etc The trouble is when i try disabling the onboard chip through device manager it still will not switch to the issue (not solved card Graphics threads) by other any Gcard There is also only an Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads) option in BIOS to set the onboard chip to ON or Auto ON I do not have the driver CD for the graphics card and gave been using the Nvidia site for them Also what appears to be odd is that the computer does not detect the Gcard at all and only the onboard chip even if i uninstall the drivers for it and disable it Any help would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads)

I suggest a clean reinstall of the OS and drivers from scratch. Clean out your PC, re-seat all the components and continue with a fresh install of OS, drivers, etc.

If that doesn't work, then it's an issue with your card or the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-not-solved-by-any-other-threads.169495/
Relevancy 67.08%

Good evening
i was playing civilization when suddenly most of the colours turned pink
when i restarted my pc, everything looked blured. then i went to upgrade my video card drivers... restart, same thing.. but after i changed the monitor display settings, it started to look like this: (an image is attached to this post)

if i go to the device manager setup, under the monitor tab i have this alert

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Home Premium Edition (Build 7600)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-issue-monitor-displaying-columns-of-weird-colors.168529/
Relevancy 10.75%

hey y all- i had a for undervolted PS modem Problem solved: modem connectivity problem that had an easy answer and I thought I would post a note just to keep us all thinking creatively -- My computer DSL connection was iff-y then died I figured out that the power supply for the wire modem Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem was dead - I did this by Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem process-of-elimination and by don t try this at home sticking my tongue on the power tip of the power supply - at volts you should feel a little buzz - no buzz dead power supply So I head of to Radio Shack Go Lance They don t have a volt ps They do have a multi-power adapter that includes volt in the range of selectable voltage by a switch It costs more than a plain volt power adapter should but I want to read Techspot so I Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem pay the extra money for a multi-adapter rather than find one off the web and wait for shipping Multi-adapter had wrong polarity and this was not switchable so I had to cut and reverse the wiring don t try this at home unless you know what you are doing - wrong polarity will smoke and kill whatever low -voltage thingie yo uplug in including DSL modem Prob Solved Months later I get modem problems I think it is a wireless connectivity problem because whenever I try to hit the web by wireless the modem freaks out Somehow days later it occurs to me power could be wrong sure enough one of my preschoolers had somehow pushed the power adapter voltage slector switch from volt to volt -- so when the desktop and the laptop were both trying to pull data through the wire modem it was just enough power drain to make the modem shut off So if you have connectivity problems as always check the classic quot is it plugged in Is it turned on quot intervention first - check for a dead power adapter on your modem And if you have to improvise and use a multi-voltage power supply adapter you might want to glue or tape the voltage selector button in place nbsp

A:Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem

This is called "Common Sense" troubleshooting

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-solved-undervolted-ps-for-modem.158649/
Relevancy 10.32%

I Logitech stopped Left wireless working click mouse on (Solved) m creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem Here s what I Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) tried and at least in my case how i solved a quot mouse left click doesn t work quot problem I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) wireless mouse but left click didn t work although Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine Things i first tried that didn t help gt Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers gt Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware gt Pressing the quot reconnect quot button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse gt Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries Then i had a hunch well it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it When i put batteries back in the next morning the mouse has been working fine again ever since Go figure stickout nbsp

A:Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/left-click-on-logitech-wireless-mouse-stopped-working-solved.158582/
Relevancy 10.75%

Short version - I used DG45ID (solved) motherboard Intel dead a non compatible cpu which has the effect of leaving Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) the board switched on Long version - I bought the DG ID off ebay and got a CPU to go in it I switched on the fan worked and HDD was active but no screen The USBs were active When I switched off at the mains When I switched on it powered up without the start button I realised I had a non compatible cpu I bought an E The first time I switched on at the mains it came on without the start button but subsequently I had to press start to power the board ie as normal CMOS jumper When I bought it the jumper connected pin with the LED pin I assume that is like a removed jumper ie BIOS flash mode Hence Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) when I connected a DVD drive it Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) crashed I assume it was looking for a bio file Nothing I could do would recover the board The green standby light came on but nothing else It was dead No USB power no fans nothing I remembered the wrong CPU that had left the board quot switched on quot I put it in and it behaved as before power but no monitor I then replaced the E and hey presto I was in but only on cmos recovery there was no bios But the USBs were active So I removed the jumper flashed the BIOS from a USB stick and it s up and running NB the intel manual is wrong regarding the CMOS pins It shows pin closest to the battery That is actually pin If you look I can t post the pdf link page the pin is clearly show closest to the battery I thought it was strange that all the images on Google show the jumper on pins furthest from the battery the manual says that is the recovery position nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-dg45id-motherboard-dead-solved.158177/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi!

I have a windows 2000 computer (ugh) attached to a printer without a network card, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good cross platform print server that I could run to be able to print from both linux (ubuntu) and windows 7.

It seems as though there aren't dirvers that work with windows 7 for my printer, and getting cups to work seems to be a pain as well.

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cross-platform-printing-server.156999/
Relevancy 25.37%

It took me all day to figure it out but I finally got my printer to share from my PC to my Macbook...but the only problem now is that when I print from my Macbook my printer just prints out random strings - letters and numbers. It also will just constantly spew out these pages - it doesn't stop unless I cancel the print. Doesn't matter what I print. I read on another forum that it might be related to missing fonts, but I can't verify this. Any ideas?

I have an HP Photosmart All-in-One C4200 series printer.
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

A:Printer printing random letters and numbers

1. Did you follow the printer and software installation instructions exactly?
See here... http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00876721&lc=en&cc=us&product=3192753&dlc=en

2. Are you certain your macbook meets the hardware specs?
See here... http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/18972-18972-238444-421635-410635-3192751.html

3. Have you tried their online support?
I recently had an issue with a psc1315 and their online "chat" support walked me through in short order.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-printing-random-letters-and-numbers.153497/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a Cannon ip4000, about 3 years old, but have never had a problem. It has just stopped printing. I have run all the clean and alignment tests. I have removed the ink and taken out the print head and put it all back. It goes thru all the motions of printing but the page is blank. Very sudden issue. One minute it was printing and then the next page was, nothing. If I try to run the auto alignment I get the error, orange flashing, reset, and then the same thing. Does this mean the printer head is gone?

A:Canon ip4000 stopped printing

It might not be the printer. Have you tried the lastest Printer Driver? Is it a networked printer or a USB printer? or on a Print server?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/canon-ip4000-stopped-printing.151563/
Relevancy 21.07%

Are there any PDAs or pocket pc's that are able to run the full version of excel? i would like to deploy an excel file that is written with VBA to a mobile device to collect data.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobile-device-that-runs-full-excel.150393/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi
Im using an ASUS laptop. I want to make a screen print but i cant find a direct key for this on my key pad. Could anybody point me in the right direction.
Ive tried control V as the V key has an image of a camera on it but this hasnt seems to work....
thank you

A:Screen printing key on ASUS laptop?

In most of the laptops and computers there is a a key called "Print Screen", which helps you in this process. This key is generally found along with the Home, End and Scroll Lock keys. I hope this solves the problem, if it dos not, provide me with the information regarding the ASUS laptop model number and also the operating system that you are using.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-printing-key-on-asus-laptop.146727/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi I m running out of ideas to solve a printing problem which has just started The order and detail may be a little random but i m happy to provide any info as requested I ve a Sony Vaio laptop connected by USB Port to a problems Printing Epson Stylus D Its been working fine in the past but suddenly i m having problems and i don t know what s changed I was told to uninstall and try again however Printing problems it seems that my PC didn t completely uninstall Printing problems as when i tried to start again it had no problem identifying it I can happily run maintenance checks but when i try and print a Word doc etc it seems to stall as quot pending quot in the print queue I right click on the quot printer quot in the bottom right but when i try and click on its name i get quot unable to open printer status window for this printer quot however i can see properties and preferences from the queue I ve tried to quot add printer driver and get a message quot The file E S ORN EXE on Epson Stylus D series is needed is this my problem do i need to download the Epson drivers again nbsp

A:Printing problems

printing probbs

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Just downloaded all the drivers agian and it appears to have fixed the problem. Don't know how i managed to lose a file but we're printing again which is good. Cheers
David

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-problems.141102/
Relevancy 10.75%

I did a fresh install of Linux Fedora and discovered that this new version of Fedora doesn t like my Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card I tried numerous installation techniques but they failed every time I scoured the forums for answers but no single answer would work Finally I rearranged the steps from a graphics Linux card Installation on of Nvidia SOLVED Fedora 12 couple of different forums and it worked If you re having trouble getting your Nvidia card installed in Fedora then give this a try Let me know if it works Nvidia Driver Install for Fedora Edit the boot grub grub conf file using Gedit Open a Terminal Window Login as Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED superuser enter quot su quot at the command prompt and press Enter You ll be prompted for your password Type it in and press Enter Paste Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED gedit boot grub grub conf into command prompt and then press Enter Find the kernel line in the grub conf file It will say something like kernel vmlinuz- - local fc x Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED ro root UUID XXX rhgb quiet After the word quiet paste nouveau modeset Save and close the grub conf file At the Terminal prompt paste setsebool -P allow execstack on and press enter At the Terminal prompt paste yum --enablerepo rp g install kmod-nvidia uname -m xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs i xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs x Exit all instances of Terminal Reboot Well that s what worked for me I m running Fedora in x screen resolution using my Nvidia GeForce GTX card It looks great Hope this works for you too Best of luck Stevizard nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installation-of-nvidia-graphics-card-on-linux-fedora-12-solved.138392/
Relevancy 60.63%

My screen has columns which are not viewable. There is about an inch of viewable clear space, followed by a garbled column about an inch wide, then another inch of good viewable space, then another inch of a garbled column, and so on all the way across the screen from left to right. It looks like a grid of vertical blind columns. I can drap a window left and right and the contents of the window are viewable as I move it left and right. I hope I'm making sense here. I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue or if i have a display setting wrong.

A:Compaq EVO screen has "blank" columns

It sounds like a damaged LCD Panel... Was the EVO dropped or sat on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-evo-screen-has-blank-columns.134807/
Relevancy 10.75%

I would just like to revisit one of the posts from yesteryear Entitled Raid Problems and Essential Data Recovery I had a major problem with my HD discs after my motherboard blew When I replaced my motherboard due to the bios not being configured Data Raid Essential Problems 0 solved Recovery and to know how my Raid drives operated I thought I d lost it all - and so did everyone on these forums and my friends BUT after a little use of common sense and hope I got it all back and I did it all by myself Here s the basics I got a cheap IDE HD disc drive I stuck it into my motherboard as the master drive with my Raid ones as they were in the raid slots didn t matter which way round I installed Windows on the IDE drive I bought some software like Runtime Raid Reconstructor I ran that software It detected the Raid drives even though windows couldn t I asked it to perform a configuration test It completed the test and opened my drives I used an external drive to remove Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved all stored data off the Raid drives I eventually removed the IDE drive and formatted the Raid drives ready for a standard configuration and Windows Install I put all my files back Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved on to the Raid drives from my external JOB DONE Now I ain t no tech head right BUT I understood that the concept of openning Raid drives in RAID requires two bits of information Block size Drive priority ie which is first second Any Raid reconstruction software will work out through trail and error what the configuration is of your drives so you can get your data off This isn t a tech heads version of what to do but I was stuck for months last year thinking I d lost it all I of course won the battle and punched the air a fair number of times Hope this helps any of you out there in the troblesome Raid land nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-problems-and-essential-data-recovery-solved.134378/
Relevancy 25.8%

Is printing quality depends on software? If yes then suggest me good software

A:Question about printing quality

Not really. It depends on the quality of the printer heads, ink, ink feeds, and the paper onto which you wish to print.
The quality of the image can be controlled by the software, but it depends on what you wish to print.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-printing-quality.133522/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have just been looking at an Epson photo PX FW printer connected to a pc running Vista printing Strange problem which is printing erratically if asked to print a test page it will probably print OK but if I ask it to print another page it wil print about of the page and then pull more blank paper through the printer untill all available paper has been pulled through it doesn t print anything on these sheets If I leave it for a while and ask it Strange printing problem to print again it will print one good page and then print as above appprox and then blank sheets I have tried using the printer as a standalone copier and it will copy and print without a problem it only prints strangely from Strange printing problem the pc I have uninstalled and reloaded the drivers downloaded the latest drivers from the Epson website but to no avail Incidentally this printer was bought in the last few days because their previous printer an HP had started doing the same thing so they assumed a new printer would resolve the problem As the Strange printing problem Epson will print fine as a standalone copier I assume the problem to be a communication problem between pc and printer or a software problem as the same thing happened with an HP printer it can t be printer software therefore it must be something else on the pc but at the moment I can t think of anything Have any of you guys any thoughts on the problem nbsp

A:Strange printing problem

try setting option

try setting the # of pages option to 1 and make sure it doesn't say 'all'.
If the text editor only shows 1 page in print preview, (make sure it doesn't say next page} I'd try reloading the drivers right from epson's website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-printing-problem.133113/
Relevancy 26.23%

Working fine thru the wireless laptop. I have the printer plugged into the desktop(usb), and I'd like to unplug it, move it to another room, and still print from both computers. I'm running both computers thru a Linksys Wireless-G, the computer has the ethernet cord plugged into it and the laptop is of course wireless. Whats the next next step to get the desktop printing wirelessly?

A:Wireless Printing

USB Wireless print server
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704036

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-printing.133034/
Relevancy 10.75%

I want to put this up just encase anyone had the same problem I did and if I remember correctly there were a few people that posted the same problem on other forums The problem When I ran anything very graphically intensive like crysis furmark or when I ran a game without vsync on my PC would crash and I would just see lines on the screen or just see blackness 4850 Crashing problem solved I even got a replacement for my card and they said it was faulty and sent me a new one but it still happened just less often Solution In your bios set the pcie frequency to not auto How came to this conclusion I had just helped my friend build a PC for the first time and he had done a lot of research and as we were overclocking his CPU he mentioned that he heard you should set the pcie frequency on your motherboard to not auto or it will overclock itself during intense graphics After I had a few more crashes I remembered him mentioning this 4850 Crashing problem solved so I tried it and no more crashing not even in furmark So thanks to him I don t have to worry about crysis cashing anymore and I can finally overclock nbsp

A:4850 Crashing problem solved

Hey thanks for posting this!
I have the same videocard 4850 and it gave the same problems and i didn't know why.
Thanks for posting this (I thought i was the only one).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4850-crashing-problem-solved.131682/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am getting the following error:

COMMUNICATION NOT AVAILABLE:
TRY THESE SOLUTIONS
ENSURE POWER IS ON
DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT POWER AND USB CABLES
CHECK FIREWALL SETTINGS TO ENSURE PRINTER COMMUNICATION IS NOT BLOCKED
RESTART YOUR COMPUTER

I have done all of the above and still cannot get rid of the error. Is there anything else I should try?

A:Lexmark Z1300 Printing Error

Is your printer is connected to your computer by USB or wireless? Does the printer power up properly? If USB try changing the USB cable

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lexmark-z1300-printing-error.129764/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a wireless router which i use to connect to the internet. I want to network my printer so the laptops connected to this router can print through the wireless medium (i.e. connecting the printer to the router directly). is it possible?

A:Printing through a wireless router

Umm no that wouldnt work. You need a device called a print server to be able to do this. Just search amazon for them. Or you could always make your own i guess if you have a spare computer lieing around.
If you have a desktop pc that the printer is currently connected to you can always make a share of the printer on the dekstop, only problem with this is that desktop must be turned on at all times for the laptop to access the printer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-through-a-wireless-router.127526/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hiya,

My partner and I now both have laptops and have now signed up with an ISP provider and have two wireless dongles.

The printer is still linked up to our PC, so if we were to add this printer to our laptops in the "Add Printer" programme, could we print to this printer wirelessly, or is there more steps involved to do this?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Compused

A:Printing wirelessly

You will have to Network the laptops to the PC, then you can add the printer to the laptops and print wirelessly as long as the PC and the printer is turned on. I know you have a wireless router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-wirelessly.125710/
Relevancy 25.8%

I currently have 3 Dell computers on a network. There is also 2 printers. If someone is doing some thing on computer 1 and i go to print off of computer 2, it shuts computer 1 all the way down, not just a restart. Each computer is plug into a surge protector on a different wall outlet. What is causing this to happen? Could the wall outlets be on the same curcit and it is overloading it?

A:Printing on Network shuts down other computer

Could be a print driver issue, assure that all computer have up to date drivers. You might also want to check out your EVENT VIEWER to make sure there are not Save Dumps. (Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer> System). Let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-on-network-shuts-down-other-computer.124911/
Relevancy 25.8%

My Laserjet 1020 was working fine but is now not printing on my desktop - Windows XP operating system. Only change that has been made is to change the printer cartridge from colour to black. I have tried deleting the printer and then reinstalling it. The install works fine and the printer is recognised and installed on the computer. However when you print a test page, or a page from anywhere for that matter, the print is sent to the queue but fails to print. It is as if the print command is not getting out of the USB port down to the printer. I have tried different USB ports on the computer but still no print. Any ideas?

(I have tried the printer on my laptop, also Windows xp OS, and it installs and prints without any trouble.)

Thanks

Hotchi

A:HP Laserjet 1020 not printing

check to see if the printer is the default printer in the control panel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laserjet-1020-not-printing.124627/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I know a good amount about computers but i have almost no knowledge about audio cards I m currently running a Dell Inspiron and have full factory default hardware and settings its a dell many personal problems with dell so i don t mess with them anymore One day my volume controls quot disappeared quot so i rebooted my comp and they still weren t there so i uninstalled my audio driver and rebooted then reinstalled the driver with another problems Solved: Sigmatel audio Major card with reboot Nothing So i repeated this process times installing from the CD provided by Dell and times from dell com Still nothing I then decided to do an operating system repair Took over hours and got to the Windows XP Boot screen the one with the XP symbol right in the center durring pc boot up and it said quot Please Wait quot Sat like that for hours So I turned off my comp and rebooted it Everything works but the audio still After the Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card quot repair quot i tried twice from the CD and twice from dell com and still nothing I don t know if its my sound card or just faulty downloads Please help nbsp

A:Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card

Please confirm all your Dell drivers are updated from visiting this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-major-problems-with-sigmatel-audio-card.117340/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi all ITpro,

Could you please advise what would be the possible causes of the sudden cease of PC operation when I am working on an Excel worksheet? This had happened to me several times during one day. Whenever I nearly finish my work and tried to save it, the PC hanged up.

FYI, my PC was bought in Sept 2004. Is there any method to check out the problem(s)?

Thank you for your help indeed.

Cheers,
ITfans

A:PC randomly hangs up while I'm working on an Excel file

Please run Memtest on your Ram
And confirm all your Device Drivers are up to date

You could also run a Drive Diagnostics on your HardDrive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-randomly-hangs-up-while-im-working-on-an-excel-file.121769/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have a hp computer connected to a wireless linsky router and printer server. The computer starts printing for a while then it stops. When I look in my print jobs it shows the info is waiting to be printed and sometimes it says printer paused. The only way I can get it to print the jobs listed is to restart my computer and it automatically prints all the jobs. Also, if I go in to cancel the jobs it will not print anything until I restart.

A:Network printer stops printing/ or says printer pause

How are you connected? By what sort of network and what is the device in the printer to which you plug the network card.
This is fairly common in our area with those using Belkin Wireless.
But we find that most clients are not properly connecting everything in the network... using the Microsoft and HP network troubleshooting usually cures the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-printer-stops-printing-or-says-printer-pause.121714/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi all I googled looking for solutions to problems recovering a Compaq Presario computer and found a link here so I thought I would post a possible solution I have stumbled across Make sure the system you are recovering has been restored to FACTORY SPECS That means removing anything that wasn t in it when it was new PC Name Recovery solved problems brand I just tried to restore a Name brand PC Recovery problems solved Compaq Presario SR AN with a new hard drive in it from a new set of HP supplied recovery disks I got one error after another with problems copying files to the Name brand PC Recovery problems solved hard drive I got as Name brand PC Recovery problems solved far as a reported of the installation before I was forced to stop It reported problems copying Driver CAB and Base INP I managed to get Driver Cab installed by putting in a recovery disk from a different set but no way could I get Base INP to work After suggestions from HP that the Motherboard wasn t plugged in WTF I tried dismantling the machine and reseating the CPU that I had previously removed in cleaning and reseating the undisturbed DVD IDE cable and the HDD IDE cable I also removed the extra MB of RAM that the customer had installed to take the system from the factory supplied up to I then re-ran the recovery process with absolutely no problems I believe there was no problem with the seating of the cables or CPU I believe the main problem with the system was that the recovery process baulked when it discovered more RAM than HP had installed and would not continue I know next time I have to recover an HP Compaq or other brand OEM system I will be ensuring that the system is COMPLETELY back to FACTORY SPEC nbsp

A:Name brand PC Recovery problems solved

I take it that the extra 256Meg of Ram did not originally come from HP
I'm not sure if that's relevant or not, but even same rating Ram (but different manufacture) has been known to cause issues (ie best to use exactly the same Ram cards always)

I was discussing a similar matter earlier on here: Windows will not boot with more than 2gb of ram (although the emphasis in that thread was the 2Gig max, before installing Windows, and strangeness of having increased ram in a system)

Either way, thanks for your post, it was interesting to note this issue (and likely cause)
Many times during a Setup fault, I have advised members to remove extra Ram cards and try again. It may be that the originally recorded Ram (under re-imaging) may be the answer (on some computers that may have Setup problems) Sadly you would need to test this issue on 10 similar, same spec, computers to really confirm. Or contact HP technical support, or possibly their tech forum, to ask of others experiences.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/name-brand-pc-recovery-problems-solved.121467/
Relevancy 10.75%

Of late I found my desktop PC crashing now and then. The situation was getting worse by the day and it was becoming frustrating to use the PC.

I opened the box and got my fingers dirty, so before I looked further I decided to blow out all the dust with a vacuum cleaner. Loads of dust billowed out. I would recommend holding the CPU fan blades so that it does not spin uncontrollably.

After the dust clean up, the PC is working great and no unwanted crashes. I guess the dust was preventing the cooling of the CPU.

A:WinXP constant crashes solved

Thanks for the info

I stated similar fixes, and other common power up fixes here:Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winxp-constant-crashes-solved.120934/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi, I have a printing problem with my computer. When I try printing an image there are a lot of lines all over the image, also some colors are not coming out right. I have tried two printers in it and they both do the same thing and I have also used the printer in another computer and it works fine, so it must be something wrong with my computer. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Thanks

A:Computer not printing correctly

your print head is clogged and needs to be cleaned. If the automatic cleaning does not work, you can try manual cleaning with 100% isopropyl alcohol bath and qtips. If that doesn't work, replace the head.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-printing-correctly.117132/
Relevancy 25.8%

Greetings.

Over the last few months my Canon MP730 has been printing with bands or white lines through the black ink and also won't print colors at times. I've tried to do ALL of the cleaning methods through the software and on the printer itself which used to help...for a time. Now it no longer helps.

At this point I'm thinking it is maybe the print head? Instead of buying a new one, does anyone know how to properly clean it on this model?

Many thanks!!!

A:Canon MP730 - banded printing

I'm not sure on that model specifically
But you need to clean all the rollers (I used, like a damp lightly soapy cloth)
Any mirrors, or metalic panels with metho
Any fuser wires, with a brush
Confirm all dry
Then high pressure air all over! (although remove toner cartridges, and any other removable parts first)
Actually I've turned many printers upside down, and seen many paper clips and things drop out!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/canon-mp730-banded-printing.116707/
Relevancy 10.75%

I have had my gateway desktop computer for years now and recently had to have someone come fix some sticky issues with it It involved partially reinstalling the OS after are Media problems solved on troubles Keyboard OS Key PS/2 or something along the lines where Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved the OS CD was involved It s XP by the way Everything seemed to be working fine except when I went to use my iTunes program The problem is with my keyboard a PS keyboard whose brand I am unsure of as it s the keyboard that originally came with the computer I ve been using iTunes for years now and the media keys on my keyboard play pause stop foward back ect have always functioned with it I could go through playlists just fine by simply hitting the keyboard buttons However after this issue that required messing with the OS I found that my media keys won t work with iTunes An error message pops up and says quot There is no CD in the drive Please insert an audio CD VCD or DVD and try again quot I have NEVER gotten this message before now Is there a way to adjust my settings for my keyboard to work with iTunes again either via iTunes itself or something else Thanks nbsp

A:Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved

Try reinstalling iTunes!! Or get a USB keyboard, theres a link i will post you but your gonna hav to be a little patient as i cant send you that link until i have five posts here lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-key-troubles-on-ps-2-keyboard-after-os-problems-are-solved.115870/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am a teacher and have just been given a new laptop by my school. My problem is the tech department will no longer load the printer files and driver for a personal printer on the new computers. The closest networked printer is too far away for some of my emergency printing needs. Is a workaround possible? Can I load the printer system files on a flash drive?

A:Printing to a non-networked printer

You can Print to File, then save the prn file to USB flash drive, and print later on a closer printer
But if you have a need for a local printer (or closer networked printer, to help teach!)
Then I cannot see why this would be declined

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-to-a-non-networked-printer.115635/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi there,
Can anyone help me? I'm quite desperate here.
I'm having problem with my keyboard/USB.
When I press any key on the keyboard, that instant all USB devices are disconnected. And soon after I unpress it, the system will detect all USB devices like they were just plugged in. I say all USB devices, cause it doesn't matter USB mouse or USB drive, they all get disconnected.
It's frustrating me cause I can't use a USB mouse.
Please help

I'm using a Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA.

A:Solved: Pressing key disconnects USB Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA

How many USB ports does that have? and what are connecting them. If you could also please look in your event viewer (Start>control panel>administrative tools>eventviewer, and check the "SYSTEM" area. double click any item in that list for a detailed description. You should see some errors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-pressing-key-disconnects-usb-lenovo-3000-n100-0689gra.73059/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to print from Epson R360 networked printer without having the PC on that the printer is directly connected to?

I was hoping to find a network cable port so that I could connect the printer directly to the router, however it only has a USB port. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Ammo

A:Printing from network connected Epson R360 without PC being on

You need to purchase a networked (ethernet specifically) printer
Any other hardware adaptors, or locating a card for you printer is not worth it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-from-network-connected-epson-r360-without-pc-being-on.110085/
Relevancy 10.75%

So i bought my new 2 sea gate drives,and as before like i said the previous hds was randomly getting dced etc,now when i bought the new drives worked great then started to do the same thing as the previous drives,not being picked up in bios etc,then i decided to change the plug in my ultra x3 800 watt psu to a molex to sata connection,that worked picking up the hds no problem,

so does it sound like a wire issue or the psu giving the issue?cause as soon as i switched it to the molex to sata instead of the other sata connect in the utra x3 which uses different wires and different ports it worked.

a waste of 184 but i got better hds and i can just sell the 2 500 gig wd drives i got

A:SATA problem solved but a bit concerned

Ok yes it does seem like a faulty Power Supply

Also you should have just replied to your original thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic107883.html
Instead of making this new one.

But oh well !

Anyway, if the molex do not cause any issue, then you could continue with them
I wish you had tried that before. I didn't suggest it, because it is uncommon (very uncommon), especially with two !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-problem-solved-but-a-bit-concerned.108143/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a lap top computer that is set up to my home computer. It used to be able to print but it all of a sudden stopped printing and the error message says... windows cannot printy due to a problem with the current printer setup. Try one of the following *check the printer by priniting a test page from windows (which when tried it comes up with this error message...printer properties cannot be displayed. The prin spooler is not running)
*make sure the printer is turned on * reinstall the printer driver (again when this was done the print spooler not running came up)

I have been told it a possible print spooler corruption, becasue when you go to the area where you can stop and start print spooler it is already on and says it is started.

HELP Please I need this for my school work
Thanks

A:Printing errors specifically printer spooler not running

Did you try restarting it anyway under Control Panel, Administrative Tools, then Services and Print Spooler. My setup requires this about once per year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-errors-specifically-printer-spooler-not-running.71178/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a PC i m currently working on that has been having issues with it s printing When a document or anything is told to print it appears in the printer s queue and nothing else happens Until the PC is restarted or shutdown occasionally it ll start printing as XP is shutting down other times it ll start the print as the PC is starting back up This problem printing Strange leads me to believe that it s something that s running with XP eg a service that s stopping the print from happening yet i ve checked the startup programs in regedit and in msconfig and there s nothing out of the ordinary starting up that shows up there anyway I ve tried killing off every process in task manager that isn t essential and it doesn t cause the job to go through Also when left to itself the job will eventually Strange printing problem print after giving it around mins to sit there I ve tried a different USB cable a different usb port a different PCI usb card a different PC alltogether - which the printer worked fine on - and updated drivers for the printer If anyone has any ideas please let me know this seems weird to me nbsp

A:Strange printing problem

Fixed the problem, turns out there's a separate program installed alongside the drivers (when it was first installed using the CD). Program was corrupt, so when i uninstalled this and reinstalled the drivers (again) without this software, it's all good. String around finger now to check all programs listed in Add/Remove programs next time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-printing-problem.105651/
Relevancy 26.23%

We have 2 locations (City-A and City-B). Both the locations are connected to internet but not connected to each other. In other words, there is no VPN and there is no possibility of having VPN.

The requirement: City-A wants to print on the printer connected to a computer in City-B.

Please help.

A:Remote Printing

Windows CUPS printing

One technique is call CUPS (Common Unix Printing System)

This article describes same.

The target system (the one with the printer) needs port forwarding of port 631 to the lan system with the printer.

Client: Windows

** NOTE: If using Windows ME or earlier you might need Windows patches for IPP printing. The ME one is here **

To add your IPP printer, first get into the "Add a Printer" wizard. It's accessible by:
Start > Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > Add a new Printer

Now that you're in the Wizard, click "Next". It will ask if you're adding a local or networked printer - Select Networked.

Enter your address as:

Code:
http://linux_hostname_or_ip:631/printers/linux_host_queue_name
When it asks for a driver, select the "Generic" category and then as a printer model select the "MS Publisher Imagesetter" printer.

Finish the wizard, and now you should be able to print via the IPP printing.Click to expand...

Print sharing can be made to operate across the WAN, but that is a security risk
for your File Shares. CUPS would not expose Print/File sharing (ports 139,445)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remote-printing.101722/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi guys. I didnīt find a printers section on the forum so i hope someone could help me out here. See, i have this old stylus color II printer. It printed well since it was here about 8 years (man this thing is older, i guess 1995 but still rocks)...a few months ago i printed 2 book with it (thats its normal task, to print some books i often like) but i used refilled generic cartridges from a loooooong time ago since this cartridges are not manufactured any longer. So, it started printing blury at the end...and i kept that way. I've cleaned the head about 30 times and still prints missaligned dots and i cant get it to print clear as it was doing 200 pages before. I dont thing head is dead, i know its clogged but i cant manage to get it clean again. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

A:Epson Stylus Color II blurry printing

Try the print head realignment procedure?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-stylus-color-ii-blurry-printing.97494/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have two networks connected via a persistant vpn connection between the two firewalls. Routing and connection are stable, I can ping ip address to any address from any other address on either network. Here is where it get's complicated. On one network resides an application/term server which is accessed by the second network to run a database application this is done by terminal services to run the applications from remote workstations. When the users are in the application, they can print to a large network multi-function printer, but not to either of the smaller 2000 and 1000 series hp printers connected using a builtin jet direct card. the port and connection type settings are identical to the large network printer settings. When the print jobs are sent to the hp printers the jobs just freeze in the queue and error out. Anyone ever have an issue like this?

A:Somewhat complex network printing issue.

You can't print to any of the small printers from either site? How about when using an administrator account?

Where are the printers installed? The client machine or the terminal server?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/somewhat-complex-network-printing-issue.94819/
Relevancy 25.8%

I connect to work through a Cisco VPN. My home office has a broadband router with two computers and a network printer. I can print from either computer as long as I am not connected to the VPN. However, I would like to be able to print when I am connected to the VPN.

I have enabled Local Lan Access on my VPN settings, but once connected the Properties window says that Local LAN access is disabled.

Any suggestions as to how to configure my system so I can print on my network printer while remaining connected to the VPN?

Thanks!

A:Local network printing with a VPN

Are you using a VPN client to connect to the system? That would complicate matters, a lot.

I'm using a VPN here, with a Cisco router. However, to "log on" to the VPN I just use the Windows logon system with my username/password. I just had to add my network printer (HP LaserJet 6 on a DLink server) to the system as a local administrator, and it was available and working under the VPN account.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-network-printing-with-a-vpn.14535/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I recently bought an dip switch with solved x700 problems Ati x and it ran fine for while but then artifacts and other garbage started to appear on screen Eventually it would not run any d d or hardware accellerated games This really got to me since Battlefield and Tron were two new games I bought and I couldn t play I tried changing drivers reinstalling windows and putting it into another computer In which it worked but eventually failed I was about to chuck it when we noticed dip switches on the underside of the card No idea what they Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch do Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch but switching them both to the opposite setting didn t work Then I put switch at position and switch at position This worked I have a watt psu gb generic ram and an AMD Barton ghz I don t know what those switches are for if anyone does please reply I d like to know what I did I have heard a lot of complaints about this card and vista so I m wondering if these switches could solve problems for those people I only changed them as a last resort Wow am I ever happy nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-x700-problems-solved-with-dip-switch.92918/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello. I have a Hewlett Packard PSC 1200 series printer attached to computer #1 and want to share it with computer #2. How do I find the url of the printer so it can be shared? Both computers have Windows XP.Thanks

A:Printing on a home network

You will have to read up on this. You establish a network with My Network Places, then with the printer attached to one computer, the other should be able to "see" it in networks places.
If not, you will have to buy a print server device from HP.
You are better off using a much better printer that comes with an ethernet socket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-on-a-home-network.83430/
Relevancy 25.37%

MICR toner cartridges are sold for laser printers so you can print checks that are magnetically encoded to satisfy banks and the scanners at retail stores.

I discovered an added advantage by accident.

The MICR toner in the cartridges sold at checksnet.com is darker than regular toner and other MICR toner I found. This has allowed me to use printer darkness settings as low as 1 (on the 1 to 10 scale) and I still get solid black text when I print regular documents.

Bottom line is, after some testing, I figured out that using the MICR toner cartridge is cheaper (more printed pages) than buying several regular toner cartridges for my laser printer.

A:MICR cartridges cheaper for printing with lasers

Good for you!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/micr-cartridges-cheaper-for-printing-with-lasers.83109/
Relevancy 10.75%

Ever since my old motherboard died Biostar NF Socket and I bought a replacment board a MSI K MM -VH VIA Based should have seen it coming I ve been having blackout problems and lock-ups due to Infinite Loop problems however I think I solved it by disabling ATI Smart by going into services msc and ramping up my memory timings However now I m having Windows problems related to memory to another... my Loop just I I solved think go Infinite to Problem I think Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer CELERON-D Description Error code ea parameter fd b parameter c bc parameter f becb parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... d System E f rror Er f f ror code e d a Param eters c fd b c bc c f I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... bec c b My Memory Timings that are in use when this happens is DRR Speed mhz CAS RAs to Cas Delay - T Command Rate is T And the black outs and lock-ups almost seem familar to the Infinite Loop Syndrome however I have no idea where to go from hear By the Way I have tried Multiple video cards on this system Both ATI and both have failed If I slow down my memory timings then windows tells me that the videocard hangs I ve tried registry fixes the beta patch by VIA turning off VPU recover turning off ATI Smart have updated drivers to everything didn t go to Cat though because then Invalid Display CRT errors appear I get anywhere between and errors of this when I boot up The strang thing is though once out of every or random boots the next boot up will go smoothly and I can play games for hours I have no idea what is going on nbsp

A:I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another...

(I hope you have access to a computer with a CD burner.)

I've found this tool very helpful at identifying bad memory. It's positively identified bad ram 100% of the time for me. Download this and follow the instructions to burn it to a blank CD-R. Then boot from the CD-R on your suspect computer. Run the Extended Diagnostics for at least one complete cycle. (Usually if it doesn't detect RAM pattern errors on the first cycle then the RAM is good and there isn't much need to run additional cycles.)

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Post the results here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-solved-my-infinite-loop-problem-to-just-go-to-another.82874/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a hp deskjet c Not USB I m running Windows xp pro with sp pro problems with Hp xp printing windows I think right around the time Hp printing problems with windows xp pro I downloaded sp I started to have problems printing If I print using Microsoft word it works fine But if I try to print off mapquest or any other program it freezes I don t get any errors My Mouse works but I get the hour glass symbol so I can t click on anything Ctrl Alt Del don t work either But the lights for my Num Lock and Caps Lock both go on and off I was told that if they do that my computer isn t frozen So I left it alone for an hour and when I came back to the computer I still had the hourglass icon where my mouse pointer should be I have read about other printers freezing up and tried to change the spool setting in the printer fax folder by going into my control panel but when I click on Printers and Faxes the folder will open but as soon as I click on anything even the X in the upper right corner it freezes up exactly like when I try to print Can someone please help me Thanks nbsp

A:Hp printing problems with windows xp pro

Oh, i nearly forgot. I have also been to the HP website and downloaded the drivers for this printer. It had no effect.

Sorry for the double post. This is the first time i've ever posted in a forum... um, thing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-printing-problems-with-windows-xp-pro.80825/
Relevancy 11.18%

Running XP Pro. Computer reboots randomly. May be while using it or most often when idle. System Restore would not work until turned off and back on, but of course I lost all restore points.

Tried Spybot Seach&Destroy, Adware, ATF_Cleaner, AVG Anti-Spyware, SuperAntiSpyware, Panda Activescan. None found anything.

Attached is HJT log. I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
John

A:Solved: Random rebooting.

Hi john760 and welcome to techspot. =)

I've checked you HijackThis log and it appears to be mostly clean. Fix these entries though.

O9 - Extra button: Linked Images - {D8980DE8-9D4C-4fb0-8FB4-95B1FA4125AD} - C:\Program Files\IEimage\IEimage.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Linked Ima&ges - {D8980DE8-9D4C-4fb0-8FB4-95B1FA4125AD} - C:\Program Files\IEimage\IEimage.htm
O16 - DPF: {DBA230D1-8467-4e69-987E-5FAE815A3B45} -

I noticed an entry:
O4 - Startup: restart_vs.lnk = F:\Viewsonic.exe

Do you recognise this file or process, and why is something running from F:\ ?
Let me know in your next reply.

Your problem could be non-malware related.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of john760 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-random-rebooting.79561/
Relevancy 26.66%

hello everyone
can someone tell me something
is it possibile that when you print from DOS the printing quality is better then when you print from win?

A:Printing

Of course. The WIndows printer driver can be crappy or the printer can be misconfigured there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing.74992/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi

I have a Lexmark Z517 printer and I have just put in a new ink cartridge. I printed off a test page ok but now when I try to print word docs the printer just churns out blank pages. I can print off internet and I can print e mails but I just cannot print word docs. Really need help please guys as I have course work to complete this weekend - any suggestions very welcome x

A:problems printing

seems like a driver issue. Check to see word is accessing the correct driver.
In the meantime, give openoffice.org a try. www.openoffice.org

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-printing.73828/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,

I have an epson stylus 740 set up on my old pc which i just installed windows xo pro onto, the printer prints ok, but not what i want.
If i was to print anything eg. a small picture, the printer prints infinate pages with gibberish code on the top of each one, and no picture.

Any help would be great. Im stumped.

A:Epson stylus printing GIBBERISH !!!

You didn't mention what you did regarding printer drivers. If you haven't already go to the Epson site, download and install the latest driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-stylus-printing-gibberish.67420/
Relevancy 26.23%

I m currently working through printing all my landscape photographs out on professional DuraBrite photo paper using my Epson C Photo Edition yet I am having serious problems with my printouts which Printing Troubles has got continually worse recently however it dosn t seem to do it as much if at all when plain paper is used Here is what Printing Troubles I mean - http img photobucket com albums v ThalinRPG Save jpg This is on the Durabrite photo paper best quality and borderless setting As you can see I am getting these constant fuzzy bands throughout my printouts and it is most evidant in blue printouts despite running cleaning utilities to clean print heads etc which drains absolutely loads of ink What do you think is causing this problem If I was to get a new Printing Troubles photo printer that dosn t drain ink cough Epson does anyone have any recommendations Remember that I am going to be using this mainly for high quality photo printouts and although I have my eyes on the higher-end models they are around the - pound mark which is simply too much Do all Epson printers have Printing Troubles the problem of constant head clogging ink draining etc I heard Canon have this problem a lot less but instead have shorter lifespan for the printouts Is this true I have my eyes on a recent printer around the pound mark from good old Overclockers co uk - the Canon Pixma iP Printer http www overclockers co uk PR- -CA Obviously being new about a few months old am I looking to be paying more for inks There are hardly any reviews for this product but other models in the range have been reviewed and they are good reviews too but i m undecided about Epson or Canon which is why I need your help OK well I can confirm i m starting to see the fuzzy bands on normal paper too and not just photo paper nbsp

A:Printing Troubles

Try re-doing the head alignment procedure?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-troubles.70210/
Relevancy 26.23%

Here is the Printing Problem.... setup I am on a windows network in an office with multiple computers My particular pc is tied to a hub with another pc and Printing Problem.... a print server attached to that hub The hub is tied to the main hub in the main computer room The print server is a DLink DP U and attached to it are a HP Laserjet HP Laserjet and a HP Designjet All the pc s are running Windows XP Here is the problem My computer recently started having problems when printing to the printers attached to the print server Everyone else can still print to these printers without problems I can still print to other network printers that are not attached to the print server Now when I say I can t print to these I don t mean I cant print at all Here are my symptoms Most document will print correct but will have garbage scattered thru them Some docs print and leave out characters or objects PDF files will never print they just hang up when the status bar reaches I have reset the print server re-installed printer drivers etc You have any ideas Thanks Brian nbsp

A:Printing Problem....

I think this case is because of infected computer.
Check your computer for virus, spyware, adware, malware, spam, etc and make sure it's clean from such virus.

suggestion is try using this small (non-standalone!) program:
http://www.incodesolutions.com/removeit.php

There's 2 version, for home and workstation purposes.

Or... reinstallation of Microsoft Office??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-problem.68500/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello!
Is it possible to print a label, and artwork from jpeg, directly onto a cd I have burned? I habve the NEC 3540A DVD R/W.
Thanks.

A:printing label to burned cd

You mean like put a picture onto a CD as a label?

There are programs to do that, just google it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-label-to-burned-cd.65299/
Relevancy 11.18%

hi, being a beginner to computers i think i have made a mistake.

i have just bought a new laptop which came with a sp2 recovery disk.
i used this disk to reformat my old hp pavillion computer instead of using its disk and now im having problems booting.

when first installed the computer was running great untill i rebooted.
all i get now is the blue hp screen for a second and then the screen goes blank. no error messages or anything.
i have tried to reboot using the original xp disk(sp1). it tells me its checking disk and then itall goes blank again. i have also tried to boot from fdisk but it tells me to replace disk and try again. (made disk off another comp running xp sp1.

can anyone please help me.

A:xp booting problem not solved

The system disk is made for the system it came with. Recovery disks work mainly on the computers that they're designed for. For instance, my parents' Sony has a system recovery tool that reinstalls Windows and installs all of the systems programs in a specific way that would not work in any other machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-booting-problem-not-solved.59321/
Relevancy 26.23%

I'm not sure where this goes,
but i will just put it here.
I have something to print out, and this document has word art in there.
Everytime i try to print it out, the area where there is word art is always missing.
I do not believe that it is a printer problem.
I think that it might be something that i did wrong.
Can someone help me?
Thanks

PS:This Gets very annoying, for i waste a lot of ink doing this (I have printed it 10 times already.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/word-art-printing.55889/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello fellow techs and enthusiast this is my first for 98 Ports WIndows IP Printing post and I am stumped on a problem that maybe some in here will have a solution for I am a IP Printing Ports for WIndows 98 computer tech for a school district and we are all looking for this solution The project that our district is working on is to change over our printing from queue based printing to tcp ip printing The problem that we are faced with is that Windows XP can create tcp ip ports for printing but in Windows does not make the ip ports in a GUI interface The only thing we can do right now is use the install disk s IP Printing Ports for WIndows 98 for the HP printers and it will set up the ports for us The problem with IP Printing Ports for WIndows 98 using the install disks is that it is very time consuming and for adding IP ports for over Windows machines Time per machine averages about - minutes per machine Is there a program macro or protocal out there that can just make the IP printing ports for Windows and avoids all the extra stuff that comes with the HP install disks Please help if you guys can thanks stickout nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ip-printing-ports-for-windows-98.55495/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey,

EPSON EPL-N1600 BW printer.
Not printing!
Instead of printing, comes up with error:

Paper Out MP A4

any ideas on this error, help!!!

A:EPSON printer not printing with following LED error from printer.

problem fixed

had to chage the default tray setting in the printer properties. Was set to 'automatically select', had to set it to the appropriate tray.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-printer-not-printing-with-following-led-error-from-printer.54106/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi

After upgrading to windows sp2 my printer no longer functions properly. It will print to 99% and then stop for no reason and wont continue.

I've tried uninstalling the printer and reinstalling it. I've tried downloading the official driver updates from Lexmark (my printer is the Lexmark X4270) and nothing has worked.

Can anyone help?

A:Printing Problems with Windows SP2

Can anyone offer any help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-problems-with-windows-sp2.52035/
Relevancy 25.8%

My Dell printer is giving me an error message of 50C and it is not printing. I have no idea where to begin to fix the problem. Can anyone please help. At first it will print blank pages now it is just giving me this error message. The printer is about 1 year old. So it is fairly new, and it has ink. Please Help.

A:Dell Printer A940 Not Printing

Have you tried going to dell and findong out what the code means?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-printer-a940-not-printing.51246/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi Techspoters,

Dimension 4100/WIN98SE upstairs and intend purchasing a Dell notebook XPS M170 for downstairs & an AI1 964 printer. I'll be using the notebook downstairs but I want to leave the printer upstairs and perhaps connect it to the Dim4100 (if compatable).

What do I need to do?

Regards

PFJ

A:wireless printing

All you need is a wireless router that both your desktop and Notebook will be connected to. Then you activate file and printer sharing. On the laptop you then go into add a priter and do a search for all network printers. The one sharing from the desktop should show up. Go through the network set up to install the drivers on the notebook and then you are all set.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-printing.45648/
Relevancy 25.8%

Is there an adapter that can be placed in a printer and a laptop for wireless printing with out using blue tooth. I have a wireless wifi card in the laptops. I you can help or have any other ideas it would be cool. Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop Wireless Printing

you can buy a wireless print server which will have a usb connection. then you will be able to just add the printer to your wireless network. from what ive seen these are $60-80. instead of buying one i just take my laptop to the printer when i need to print, but i dont print that often...if you have to print alot it might be worth it...unless you can find one cheaper or possible used

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wireless-printing.45761/
Relevancy 25.8%

My printer is a HP PSC 1315 All-In-One. It takes forever to cancel/delete a print request. Some times the request does not get deleted for several days. Until the document is cancelled/deleted, I can't print anything. I've followed various "troubleshooting" instructions but have not gotten any positive results. Has anyone experienced this problem? Would really appreciate some help! Thanks!

A:Delete/cancel printing

1. please post in the correct foum.

2. is your printer on a server or stand-alone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/delete-cancel-printing.44968/
Relevancy 25.8%

Basically ive just changed the colour cartrige cause it said it was low and was printing a bit sketchy anyway.
so ive aligned the cartriges, printed test pages, cleaned the nozzles and re aligned you name it ive done it but the magenta and cian lines on the clean page arnt prinitng clean but with lines throught it,
anyway any help would be apreciated as I'm really needing the printer to work!
thankyou

A:Lexmark X73 not printing the colour right!

are you using genuine or aftermarket cartridges?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lexmark-x73-not-printing-the-colour-right.44135/
Relevancy 25.8%

I replaced color cartridge as suggested. No color printing. I removed the cartridge and wet the contacts to induce color. That worked, replaced the cartridge...still no color. Any suggestions?

A:no color printing in Lexmark x73

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

From what I can gather. This seems to be a fairly common problem with Lexmark printers.

Sorry, but I don`t know how to fix your problem.

The only advice I can give is. Ditch the Lexmark, and get a Canon printer. Much more reliable, and a damn site cheaper to run. I.E the cartridges won`t cost you an arm and a leg.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-color-printing-in-lexmark-x73.41983/
Relevancy 26.23%

Ok i have looked through the forum and haven't noticed where I could put this..but lets see what is out here.

I have networked my printer for printer sharing. When I print ANYTHING off of the shared port the resulting pages have PAGE x (where x is the number of pages printing at that point) and the computer address that is initiating the printing.

my question is...How do I remove that from the pages being printed? Is it a tweak or reg edit. I looked up Banners but that is a totally diffrent subject and mine is turned off anyways.

A:network printing

good question
see who gets this one I'd like to know to

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-printing.41426/
Relevancy 25.8%

Every time I try to print something a text bubble says," This document failed to print." That's all fine, but it won't say why. I checked to make sure the port was correct, and the printer was installed correctly.

Lost for copies
Wasasa66

A:network printing failure from second pc

That can be caused by a lot of things, it would help us help u if u provide more information, such as your network settings, printer used, computers and OS

Is the printer connected to a computer and shared to others via network, or is it a network printer, connected directly to the network? If it's connected to a computer, can it print from that computer? Have u checked the "file and printer sharing" in network setting? Have u shared the printer from the master computer? Have u tried reinstalling the printer driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-printing-failure-from-second-pc.39205/
Relevancy 25.8%

I've installed a Hawkings USB print server and it seems to work except I can't print! Here's what I did:

Installed print server using wizard
Installed new printer (HP) using the print server port
Test Page - nothing - print manager status show printing but nothing.

Used Hawkings config software.
Print server along with printer shows up - says congratulations - would you like to print a test page - yes - nothing!!!

Tried a different printer (Lexmark) - same results.

Any suggestions as I continue to wait for a non-busy tone reply from Hawkings?

A:Help with printing using a print server

What is the exact model of the thing? How exactly did you set it up?
What printers did you test with? Try using a different type of port (if possible)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-printing-using-a-print-server.38172/
Relevancy 24.94%

I recently upgraded my BIOS with much back and forth with esupport and the flash went smoothly with no apparent problems Some of my previous problems seem to have reduced Fantastic I kept getting a found new hardware pop up for my already installed Canon Multipass C I am running Windows XP SP The printer worked BIOS , wrecked LPT1.4 Upgraded port an added Printing fine I checked the hardware and found an LPT port My lpt Upgraded BIOS added an LPT1.4 port , Printing wrecked port was still there The found new hardware wizard was just annoying So finally today I thought I would remove the printer and reinstall hoping that that would place it in the correct spot Well now I can t reinstall the printer The current disk is not compatible with XP but I have an update and a patch for xp When I try to start the printer installer it does nothing The hourglass icon flashes for a few minutes and then nothing happens I ve checked the event logs and nothing seems to be pinpointing the issue I ve tried totally removing all the bits of the old software right down to removing the registry entries without any luck I ve tried plugging and unplugging the printer from both the computer and the power I am at my whit s end The printer is connected via a parrallel port just not a LPT port I removed the key for the LPT port from the registry but when I turned the computer back on it was back I would appreciate any suggestions Thank you nbsp

A:Upgraded BIOS added an LPT1.4 port , Printing wrecked

Many motherboard BIOS default setting for printer port is SPP (Standard Printer Port) not bi-directional.
When you flashed the BIOS it was probable reset to the default SPP.

Delete both printer ports in Windows and then boot into the motherboard BIOS.
Enter the BIOS and set the printer port to ECP/EPP.
Boot back into Windows and let it detect the printer port.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-bios-added-an-lpt1-4-port-printing-wrecked.36753/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an HP all-in-one 2175 series. I had it for a couple of years now. out of the box, it printed fast. now, it prints extremely slow even on fast mode. occasionally the printer starts working properly and prints one page quickly, but then starts printing slow again. i recently formatted my computer and the same thing happens. i updated the firmware off the hp site which is supposed to fix the slow printing but it did not.
Any suggestions?

A:Slow Printing

post some system specs
OS
memory
HD Size and free space

Due to the PCL data stream being generated by the driver, I would suspect
disk fragmentation as a component.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-printing.34912/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have two computers..both with Win XP SP2. I have a Lexmark Z52 printer connected to cpu1 via USB. I set up printer sharing on both cpu's.
On cpu2 I tried to print from the Lexmark. The software on cpu1 said "printing started" [yes- Lexmark talks] but the printer did not print. It then said "printing completed" I believe the software is correct and the printers are shared correctly but wonder if the USB cable from printer to hub to cpu1 is not sending the command.

Any ideas will be appreciated.(I hate printers with all talk and no action)

Joel

A:Printing from computer on network

Is your computer recognized as being attached on computer1? Check in the control panel. Can you print locally from computer1 to the printer? Once that has been established we will divulge further into the networking problem.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-from-computer-on-network.31707/
Relevancy 26.23%

Recently my printer has started printing documents wonkily, the prints are aligned to taint towards to bottom left of the page, any help would be appreciated

A:Very annoying printing

Put the paper in straight?

It may be that the paper feeder is set too tight and it drags the paper to the side or some problems with the roller set. Rollers are something that wear down in printers and replacing them is routine maintenance (that is if your printer is several years old).

It would help if you told us what kind of a printer it is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-annoying-printing.31216/
Relevancy 10.75%

After re-installing my HP 4070, the scanning software showed only TIFF and
Compressed TIFF options while earlier I had JPG and BMP.

To get back BMP and JPG options, I deleted the Registry entry under HKEY_USER....
Software\Hewlett-Packard\DigitalImaging\CUE Settings\0000_4070]
"ScanPreferencesSettings", and Run the HP Scanning software.
It will recreate the Key with default settings and the next time you start the
HP scanning software you will have all the four save options.

Important:
Backup registry before trying this! Modify the registry at your own risk!
You can highlight the Hewlett-Packard entry and export from file menu to a
desktop file for backup of just this entry. If something seems wrong, double
click on the exported file to restore the original settings in the registry.

Happy Scanning! - Raj

A:HP Scanjet 4070 save file option issues solved

I dont't see the options for file type

Hello,

I just bought an HP Scanjet 4070. After I install it and HP Image Zone v.4.0 that comes with the scanner, I don't see the options for choosing save file type, such as TIFF, etc. It automatically saves the scanned photos to JEPG. How I can change the option, and saved location?

Are you using the HP Image Zone, or other software to support the different file types?

Thanks very much.

R

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-scanjet-4070-save-file-option-issues-solved.27899/
Relevancy 10.75%

Been following the posts concerning the Asus K NE-Deluxe mb and solved.... XP; Drives SATA & for and problem My K8NE-Deluxe now disappearing SATA drives In Oct I purchased from Newegg my Asus K NE-Deluxe motherboard with the Nvidia GForce chipset One morning not more than a month after purchasing the board I turned on the computer and it failed to find any of my SATA drives in the box During POST it appeared as if the onboard SATA controller had died as POST simply sat at the point where it was trying to identify the two SATA drives in my system After about a minute it simply moved on during POST and tried to bring up the system SATA Drives and K8NE-Deluxe & XP; My problem solved.... for now which obviously it failed to do because the SATA boot drive was no where to be seen Thinking that there had been a SATA controller failure I RMAed the board back to newegg which they promptly replaced After installing the replacement board everything worked fine until this morning when I discovered during POST that the exact same problem had occured again Instead of tearing down the system and RMAing the board again I unhooked the SATA cables from the onboard SATA connections and then tried configuring a standard EIDE hard drive to the Primary IDE controller on the board Well that worked as the board POSTED just fine except for the SATA drives so I knew that the board was at least salvageble with EIDE drives I thought about purchasing another mb from another vendor such as MSI but I noticed after searching the SATA issue on google that other folks with boards from other vendors using the Nvidia GForce chipset were having the same problem with SATA drives including a board from MSI Hmmmm So I figured that perhaps something was going on with SATA deep in the BIOS So before going and reinstalling XP and my complete system to the working EIDE drive on the primary controller I thought I monkey around in the BIOS of this Asus board I discovered in this AMI Bios Asus revision under Advanced Chipset a selection called Onboard Device This selection contains two options for SATA One is called Silicon Image Mode the other option is called Internal SATA IDE Interface The Asus mb book defines the selection Silicon Image Mode this way quot Allows you to disable or set the onboard Silicon Image RAID controller mode quot Since I am not running a RAID I decided to disable this setting The other setting I left enabled Internal SATA IDE Interface After saving the settings and restarting the computer I was amazed when the damned SATA drives were identified during POST and the system started normally It appears there is a problem with SATA and the Nvidia chipset when running a RAID and there very well may be a problem when implementing the Silicon Image driver with the chipset and XP Don t know But I hope my very simple solution can help others with this frustrating problem that I had nbsp

A:SATA Drives and K8NE-Deluxe & XP; My problem solved.... for now

Perfect, thanx I'm gonna give this a try. I've got a Gigabyte 7N400 pro mb but it's got Nvida onboard and the problem looks very familiar. Keep you posted!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-drives-and-k8ne-deluxe-xp-my-problem-solved-for-now.19709/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will take pity and help me with this problem, but after reading all the *Hate* Lexmark printers posts. puke:
I don't know, but here's the deal:

I have a Lexmark x6170 All in One and the black ink was low and printing light... no biggie. Then I added a new black cartridge, but it was still light.

Nothing has worked. I've gone into the *control panal* and moved the light/dark arrow to the darkest. I've pulled the cartridge, the USB cord and just for the fun, reinstalled the driver. All of which was in vain and now I need some advice:

Is there anything else I can do? My warranty is up at the end of the month, of course. So, the clock is ticking...

Thanks, S

A:Lexmark x6170 doc printing light

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Somewhere in the Lexmark software is a cleaning programme that will clean the print heads. Try that, if it don`t solve the problem, could it be that the new cartridge is faulty?

You could always have it looked at under the terms of the warranty. Even though the warranty runs out at the end of this month.

You could always use the Lexmark as a door stop,(they make excellent doorstops), and get yourself a Canon printer instead lol.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lexmark-x6170-doc-printing-light.26963/
Relevancy 24.94%

When I print something to the DELL A940 printer, it would print completely. But, the print file would remain in the spooler with a status of "Deleting" What I have been doing to clear it, is turning off the printer then back on again. Does anybody have a clue as to what might be causing this? Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spooled-print-file-doesnt-delete-when-done-printing.26982/