Windows Support Forum

Solved: Checking data in seperate columns and finding mismatches

Q: Solved: Checking data in seperate columns and finding mismatches

Hi guys I ve been going through this thread and its been a lot of help I Solved: data Checking seperate finding mismatches in columns and ve now come across a problem that i cant find the solution to and im hoping someone can help me out I have a file that contains two columns of data in MS Excel and one value in the first column corresponds to a value in the second column For example - Column Column A X A X B Y A X B Y What I have to do is find if there are any mismatches in the data for example an X corresponding to B instead of A or vice versa Solved: Checking data in seperate columns and finding mismatches or any other value instead of X and Y in the second column for that matter I would need a message saying there are a particular number of errors and the rows in error should be highlighted I DONT need the corrections just need to see where the mismatches are Im pretty new to Macros and VB so please bear with me but i do understand the basics and ive done some programming before Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Checking data in seperate columns and finding mismatches

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Checking data in seperate columns and finding mismatches

oops.. the X's and Y's are supposed to be in column 2.
That didnt quite show up how i expected it to..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-checking-data-in-seperate-columns-and-finding-mismatches.782032/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have data that repeats hundreds of times. I am trying to put each string of data on 1 line.

f-name(A2) initial(B2) l-name(C2) ID#(D2) DOB(E2) Street(F2) company(G2)
City(F3) company#(G3)
State,Zip(F4)
Home Phone(F5)
Work Phone(F6)
Email(F7)

After the data is moved to one line I would like to delete the lines that previously housed the information. The company# can be deleted. I have never worked with macros. I would appreciate any help given.

A:Solved: move data from rows and columns to other rows and columns

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-move-data-from-rows-and-columns-to-other-rows-and-columns.932353/
Relevancy 70.95%

Problem is to see if a certain company name has a certain value in col a.
eg if searched for value "06-05" and "company" don't match then msgbox "nothing found"

ComPany1 = "Company"
findifthisvalueexists = "06-05" in col A for company1

isthere1 = Application.Index(Worksheets("newcomb").Range("b101:b50000"), ComPany1, _
Application.Match(findifthisvalueexists, Worksheets("newcomb").Range("a101:a50000"), 0))

If Not IsError(isthere1) Then MsgBox 1 Else MsgBox "Nothing listed for " & findifthisvalueexists

does not work for me, tried swapping columns and variables but i suspect the code is wrong

A B 07-08 company name 07-08 company name 07-08 company name 07-08 company name 07-08 company name 07-09 company name 07-10 company name 07-11 company name 07-12 company name 07-13 company name 07-14 company name

A:VBA index and match two variables in seperate columns

Hi Spooky,
First you forgot to mention which version of Excel you're using, and second, I suggest a simple file with the data will make it easire since 07-08 might be interpretted as a Date

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vba-index-and-match-two-variables-in-seperate-columns.1034788/
Relevancy 68.37%

I ve been at this for what seems forever so any help would be greatly appreciated I want to compare data from one sheet to another and for any exceptions non matches I want it to copy and paste the entire row into a rd sheet I ve searched and found various codes about comparing columns but my need seems to be a little more columns VBA Compare data Solved: complex I want it to compare columns on sheet columns A amp B against columns on sheet columns C amp D and it does not what row they are in I also would like the sheet name to be included in the results I ve Solved: VBA Compare data columns attached a sample book with the data Sheet shows what data should generate from this code These would be the results because the names both first and last Solved: VBA Compare data columns do not appear on both sheets I dont have a lot of experience with code so any help would be great Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi - I m semi-proficient with excel and I m actually working on creating some dashboard reports at this time One problem I m having is separating some of the data from a specific column Let me give you an example This column has over lines in Excel columns? separation Data Solved: this is just a sample What I need to do is break this column out by month and show how many dates are from the last month the last - months and the Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? ones that are months in the past Of course I want the sheet to show this info automatically so it has to know the current date which I can do by placing the formula quot TODAY Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? quot So what I m asking for is what formula and format would I use to count how many cells in this column fall into each of date ranges I mentioned Also I did manage to use the DAYS A C for example where A quot Today quot and C quot quot above This information is in cells next to the above data as follows - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - So I figured out how to list how many days I have since the date Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? in the first column but not how to break them apart within the column Hopefully this is enough information to request some help but if you need more info please let me know I ll watch the thread closely Thank you -Drake nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

On the attached spreadsheet, I need a total count of baselined desktops (minus the ones that have been deleted)...my problem is how do I get it to look at one record, mark that that agent had been a baselined one, but is now deleted, so don't count it. I can't just remove the deleted ones, cause I want my customer to know which agents have disappeared. Take a look at the formula in B2 for a general idea. That formula doesn't work cause it just adds everything together. I need it to be smart enough to Total the Baselined Agents and then Subtract the agents that are baselined and deleted per field. Any questions let me know. Look at B2 to get an idea and see if I'm on the right track.

A:Solved: Excel - Trying to count 2 columns (almost as one) to get data for a 3rd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-trying-to-count-2-columns-almost-as-one-to-get-data-for-a-3rd.737946/
Relevancy 67.51%

All,

First, thank you all for you time and knowledge in advance.

Here's my situation. I'm working with file that is sent to me with populated information, in this example Col A
What I would like to do is enter information in Col B and then do a comparison of both A and B, letting me know if something in Col B is not in Col A and also is something in Col A not in Col B.

I need to know if what was sent to my in the spread sheet match what I physically inventoried.

I have provided an example.

Hopefully I did not over complicate my request.

Thank you,

miketx

A:Solved: comparing data in two columns in Excel

does this help
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213367
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel-help/use-excel-to-compare-two-lists-of-data-HA001103915.aspx

or this may ble closer to what you need
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/174998-excel-compare-2-lists-highlight.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-comparing-data-in-two-columns-in-excel.989078/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie here, so hoping someone can help me!!
I have Names and Mobile Number in Column A. I need to find a way of moving Mobile Numbers into Column B - please tell me there is a simple way in which this can be done.....HELP!

Relevancy 67.51%

I have data organised in paris of columns with differing amounts of data in each column pair.
I need to move all data to columns A&B:

- If there is data in columns C & D, move it to the foot of columns A&B.
- Then, if there is data in columns E & F, move it to the foot of columns A&B.
- Etc. til the end of the ActiveRange.

I've managed to do this using hard-coded column references, but it involves a lot of reptetition.
Presumably the code can be substantially compacted, and work to the end of the ActiveRange rather than to arbitrary end columns (in this case, cols AC and AD).

A:Solved: Excel VBA moving all data to columns A+B

Hi
This will work on the active sheet.... If you need this for multiple sheets we would need to alter the macro slightly. Test this on a copy of your xl file.

Code:

Sub appAB()

Dim i As Integer
Dim lRow As Integer
Dim lRowA As Integer

For i = 3 To 30 Step 2
lRow = Cells(Rows.Count, i).End(xlUp).Row
lRowA = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
Range(Cells(1, i), Cells(lRow, i + 1)).Cut Destination:=Range("A" & lRowA)
Next

End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-vba-moving-all-data-to-columns-a-b.1128060/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi This is a fab site just spent a good few hours reading through without realising the time ANyway I am stuck on an Excel problem I have two columns of which there are lots of duplicates in column A and various values in column B Like this A B Book Title Song One Book Title Song Two Book Title Song THree Book Title Song One Book TItle Song Two Book Title Song Three Book TItle Song Four and so on for rows Merge two Solved: a Data Columns from row Sort Excel and into What I would like to do is have all of the relevant info from column B in just one cell in one row rather than a separate row for each song title So what I ideally need is A B Book Title One Song One Song Two Song Three Book Title Two Song One Song Two Song Three Song Four and so Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row on Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row I have no idea where to begin with this I have read several similar Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row things that might help but the problem is that each Book Title has a different number of songs in it Can any one advise a complete beginner on how I might accomplish this Many thanks for any guidance nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

What would be the best way to find a specific Column Header, and copy the data found in the column until the column header is found again?

Relevancy 66.65%

I started out with the two previous posts about macros (post 1, post 2) that move rows into columns, but I'm having a little trouble getting it to work for what I need. First, I'm trying to do a data merge into Word, but in order to get the data merge to work/look the way I want it to, I need the XLS data to be in columns.

I'm attaching an example file that has one worksheet of the sample data (though my "real" data has about 300 rows) and the other worksheet is an example of the outcome I need.

Is there anyway I can do what I need? Exporting into another file or another worksheet within this file would be fine.

Thanks in advance.

A:XLS Macro to move data to columns, delete empty rows, delete duplicate columns

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xls-macro-to-move-data-to-columns-delete-empty-rows-delete-duplicate-columns.1014294/
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm a novice excel VBA macro user. I've manipulated already created macros, but I'm not sure how to create one from scratch. Can someone please help me create a macro.

I'd like to move the values highlighted in yellow to the cells highlighted in green...and then delete any rows that are empty.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Relevancy 66.22%

I am trying to build a spreadsheet that allows me to enter data (steel angle) by individual leg sizes and thicknesses that automatically references the correct weight per foot so I no longer have to look it up in a book. I have loaded the data and built the template, but I cannot get a formula to work that will search my array of data that has repeating data in all the columns, but where all the data in one row has a unique weight. I have tried several commands, and I feel like I need a nested command, but I do not have the knowledge to get it done properly. I have attached the file: Angle Database. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

brian

A:Solved: Repeating Data in multiple columns for unique result

I used Concatenate and Vlookup to solve the problem. I just needed a week to let my head clear.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-repeating-data-in-multiple-columns-for-unique-result.746951/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,
I am trying to find the minimum number out of a set that has a certain label entered beside it. For example:
Number of OrdersCompany
993 BananaCorp
1200 ZoomZoom
500 Banana Corp
43664 Omletted Way
545 Tomato Inc

I want to find the least amount of orders taken from BananaCorp

Thanks!!!

A:Excel - Finding the minimum number while comparing two columns

You have two columns, Orders , Company

Orders Company
500 Banana Corp
993 Banana Corp
43664 Omletted Way
545 Tomato Inc
1200 ZoomZoom

SOrt on Company as a first key and Order as a 2nd Key.
for a visible max order per company.
It's a beginning.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-finding-the-minimum-number-while-comparing-two-columns.758382/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,
I want to add a step to my NewLead Macro so that it finds the intersection of the date (A2) and Program Manager (G2) in the calendar table below and then adds 1 to the formula in that cell. I'm basically just trying to record an additional entry for the cooresponding person on that day of the year, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this - especially because my dates in the year table are the result of a formula (so that I can easily change years and have the dates still grouped by month/week). Any help would be much appreciated! My spreadsheet is attached (I have parred it down to fit on this site, but the table would normally list out a full calendar year).

Relevancy 59.77%

Ok I am trying to print a spreadsheet format list. I have about 30000
title-artist entries in 2 columns. I am basically trying to print pages 1 & 2, 3-4, 5-6 and so on the same page without shrinking them way down. I want it to be just like I printed 2 columns but with 4 instead. I want to use the left side of the page for page 1 and the left side for page 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

A:Solved: Printing 4 Columns from 2 columns in excel

Welcome to the board.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/asap-utilities-excel-tools-tip.php?tip=124&utilities=Format ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printing-4-columns-from-2-columns-in-excel.773525/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I never quite got to the bottom of my last query because I changed jobs Now new job new project Can anyone help please I have created a DB with information about clients recorded in seperate tables eg personal details health info financial info The info is entered neatly from a main form The main form deposits info into into seperate Data tables the personal details table From the main form I can open other forms all linked by ClientID to deposit info into their corresponding tables I have split the info up like this because I don t need to see all of it all the time and also not all fields will be relevant to all clients eg not all clients will have relevant financial info Now the thing is to import all the information from one spreadsheet or csv file and have it go to the relevant table In my original DB where I had everything Data into seperate tables in one table I used the Get External Data option from the File menu to import csv files from a Word Form that I created But I can t see this method working where I want info deposited into seperate tables So can I get the info contained in one file into the seperate tables Where should I start I can import to one table then create queries to extract the info I need for each other table However Data into seperate tables I dont know how to then get the info from each query to the corresponding tables Is this the right way to go anyway Thanks in advance for any suggestions Cheers ITIAint nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I'm about to do a major upgrade of my PC.

I'm upgrading the mboard, cpu memory & graphics card.

I have 2 hard drives, both Seagate 80gb. Windows XP is installed on one drive (OS hard drive ) , all my applications, games etc on the other (nonOS).

I need to do a format & reinstall of XP onto the OS hard drive but don't want to lose the info ( or reference to it ) on my other.

Whats the best way to go about keeping the content & integrity of my nonOS hard drive?

A:Keeping data on seperate HD during XP reinstall

Is the drive slave drive fat32 or ntfs? If it is ntfs you may not be able
to have access to the drive after format. Ntfs will protect the data and
lock you out. If is fat32 you will not have that problem. I would suggest
burning backup cds of data you want to save. I would also suggest
if you want to save the data, if fat32 take the drive out of the case
prior to formatting and installing os, xp loves to format slave drives even
though you have not selected it to be formatted.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keeping-data-on-seperate-hd-during-xp-reinstall-123740.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My HD has 2 partitions, one for the OS (c: drive) and a second (unused D: drive) data partition.

Just installed Windows 7 Professional on the OS partition - works great.

My Questions - I had planned to put all my applications on the data partition but now I'm reconsidering and may want to put everything on c: partition, it just seems simpler. Another reason, I'm not quite sure how to make the installed programs always go to the D drive.

Second question - Can I simply delete the d partition (Computer Management, Disk Management) and them make it part of the c drive?

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

A:Question - using a seperate Data partition?

I would personally recommend that you keep your dual partition setup and use your second partition for the storage of your data files.

This would mean that should you have an issue with the OS partition your data is better protected from deletion.

With windows 7 you can either direct the standard special folders, documents, pictures, Etc.), to the data partition or use libraries to organise the data

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/32678-question-using-seperate-data-partition.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone I m not sure if anyone can help me with my problem but I thought I would at least toss it out there I m attempting to break out different data types from a single field that was used for comments Cell A contains a box number within to field single a Macro data Seperate Cell A contains the data that I Macro to Seperate data within a single field need to break out Within the data cell the data types needing to be broken out are Dates end with a Agency ends with a Documents end with a Comments are contained in The trick is that for every Document the Box Number Date Agency and Comments are duplicated Example of current data A - - - - A OCT -MAR K STATEMENT OF DIFFERENCES STATEMENT OF TRANS DISTRIBUTION REPORTS SCHEDULE OF CD S GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTS DOC TYPE NOT IN BOX What I m trying to do A Box Number - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - A Dates OCT -MAR OCT -MAR OCT -MAR OCT -MAR OCT -MAR A Agency K K K K K A Documents STATEMENT OF DIFFERENCES STATEMENT OF TRANS DISTRIBUTION REPORTS SCHEDULE OF CD S GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTS A Comments DOC TYPE NOT IN BOX DOC TYPE NOT IN BOX DOC TYPE NOT IN BOX DOC TYPE NOT IN BOX DOC TYPE NOT IN BOX If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,i found this question and seems near to my problem, but I totally dont know how to revise the code."Excel: Moving Column Data Into New Rows??"I have this data:UniqueID Company 1FullName 1Designation 1CountryCode 1Phone 1Email 2FullName 2Designation 2CountryCode 2Phone 2EmailR123456 Company1 Chris Reeves +65 90221111 [email protected] R234567 Company2 Sam Lim Sole Proprietor +65 9851234 [email protected] Samboy Lim Account +65 94890987 [email protected] Company3 Jose Accounts Department +65 67672345 [email protected] and I need the above data to be like this:UniqueID Company 1FullName 1Designation 1CountryCode 1Phone 1EmailR123456 Company1 Chris Reeves 65 90221111 [email protected] Company2 Sam Lim Sole Proprietor 65 9851234 [email protected] Company2 Samboy Lim Account 65 94890987 [email protected] Company3 Jose Accounts Department 65 67672345 [email protected] help.Thanksedited by moderator: Mask email addresses

A:Moving columns data into new row

I have edited your post to mask anything that looks like an valid email address. We do not want this forum to become a place where email addresses can be harvested. Once the bad guys start hanging around it's really hard to get rid of them.I can not determine the layout of your input or output data.Please click on the following line and read the instructions on how to post example data in this forum.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/moving-columns-data-into-new-row/20216.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Alright so I have 2 workbooks lets say "workbooka" and "workbookb" they both contain the same column header "asset #". Workbooka has a list with no duplicates and is listed as column D. While Workbookb has a couple duplicates and is in column F. I wanted to be able to pull the information from workbookb into workbooka for only the "asset #" that match. Because of the duplicates however I have been running into a problem. Looking for input that does not involve a macros or add-in.

Thank you
AJ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/match-columns-and-data.1169717/
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm back with another challenge. This time its within a graph.

What I'm trying to do is show a line of temperatures for the years shown for each city here.

So in other words, Phillys average temp for 1951-52 was 30. 1953-54 temp was 35. So I need the line to show it for Philly only. It needs to be one line, not like below. Then the same for the other cities. Not sure how to set it up like that.

Let me know if you have questions. Thanks!

A:Line chart for seperate data points in graph(Pic)

Hi Cambrium,

I have no idea but I would need a sheet to work on.
Could you attach the graph you posted as image in a sheet with the tabel and the graph as shown, I don't need the rest.
I don't howvere understand the 'One Line'
Maybe you could put a small tabe or image next showing what you really want to see

I assume it's Excel but you omitted to mention which version you're using, not quite unimportant seing that 2007 and 2010 have extra features 2003 does not support

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/line-chart-for-seperate-data-points-in-graph-pic.1065747/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi:

I was wondering if its possible to make a partition on my hard disk so i can back up my windows xp data on it because i have no windows xp cd and i have an emachines t2682 with a recovery disk...and i really hate to wipe it every time it crashes. Is there a way to create a partition using some kind of partition wizard or something? I would appreciate it if it was free. That would be very helpful.

I'm not having a problem right now, but i would like to do that so i can repair the hard drive and perhaps save everything on my hard disk because i hate to lose my save games, etc.

thanks for replying in advance!
sw123

A:How do i make a seperate partition so i could save my windows data on it?

Have you tried any of the tools in the "download" section here? I don't know how good this one is but partition manager . Hope that helps, good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-make-a-seperate-partition-so-i-could-save-my-windows-data-on-it.46362/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello peeps...

I have a system drive on a workstation which is 1) removable, 2) contains 2 partitions - one for the sytem & data files, one reserved by the os.

I would like to use this drive and it's file data in an external drive case (SATA) connected to my notebook.

Is this possible? Will the notebook handle the external drive properly?

Thanks

A:Using system drive data as a data drive on seperate machine

It shouldn't be a problem, the notebook should see the drive as secondary. Can't hurt to create a System Resore or image the system first, though:

System Restore Point - Create

James

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/121720-using-system-drive-data-data-drive-seperate-machine.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey,

I have imported sales data in excel. The information lists in along two rows with mutliple columns. I need the information to be in one row under various headings. I have attached a link to a sample to explain this properly. I think I need to use a macro but I don't understand enough about them to make it work.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av0-qDbMrH0rdHJWaWlReXd4RXptWlpwME50UTBsclE

Relevancy 57.62%

Here is a sample of the table that I am working with:

Year Warehouse Item# Period1 Period2 Period3 Period4 etc....

There are many more columns but my issue is that if there is a 0 or blanks for all columns from period 1 to period 12 then don't show that row. How do I get this to happen with a query?

A:Access - hide row if many columns contain same data

In the first Criteria row for each period column enter
>0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-hide-row-if-many-columns-contain-same-data.986072/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I have a really big problem in excel that I don t know how to do it In my workbook I have imported columns from txt files They are located in Z AA AB and AC Z amp AA contain the first and last name This can t contain any numbers AB amp AC contain the arrival departure hours This can data search same get two and columns VBA time t contain any words The list of names is made as the folowing the unique names always start from the top the dupplicated names always start after the unique list There can t be more than two instances of the same name and the list is contiguous Based on that I need to find only the dupplicated names that have one arrival and one departure hour in cells AB and AC So the first matched name should have AC blank and the dupplicate will have AB blank I will concatenate the names if it s easier to do the macro but I d rather not because the workbook itself is packed with loads of formulas and it s really making it difficult to calculate An example has been attached containg the VBA search two columns same time and get data expected result The workbook has sheets and they all use the same reference Z AA AB and AC from row and down Thank you for reading and for your intent to help I appreaciated Alex nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I m hoping someone can lead me in the right direction here I have a sql query that was written data Extract SQL to specific columns for me some time ago I need to have the data placed in specific columns and rows within the csv file Is it possible for me Extract SQL data to specific columns to do this Here is what I have below Lets say I need to place quot ASSRREAL Street quot in column D row of the csv file Any help or ideas would be great Thanks SET NOCOUNT ON SELECT quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Unique id quot AS Uniqueid quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Taxpayer quot AS Name quot quot As Name quot RTRIM ASSRREAL In Care Of quot AS Careof quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Street quot AS Address quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Street Mailing Addr quot AS Address quot RTRIM ASSRREAL City quot AS City quot RTRIM ASSRREAL State quot AS State quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Zip ASSRREAL Zip quot AS Zipcode ASSRREAL Acreage AS Acres quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Map Block Lot Xtr Mbl quot AS MBL quot CONVERT varchar ASSRREAL Volume quot AS Volume quot CONVERT varchar ASSRREAL Page quot AS Page quot RTRIM LTRIM ASSRREAL Prop Loc St No quot AS Street Number quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Prop Loc St Name quot AS Street Name quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Prop Loc Unit quot AS Street Unit FROM ASSRREAL WHERE ASSRREAL Delete Flag N AND ASSRREAL GSequence AND ASSRREAL Record Year ORDER BY ASSRREAL Prop Loc St Name ASSRREAL Prop Loc St No ASSRREAL Prop Loc Unit nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I'm trying to find a way to delete some data from a column, say column A. The numbers to be deleted are in another column, column B. Is there a way to have excel remove from column A, those numbers that appear in column B? It would require some way to compare, but I can't figure out if excel has this capability. If the columns were small, we could do this manually, but the data set is huge, with several thousand numbers.

Thanks for any help.
-wayne

Relevancy 57.62%

Is it possible to fetch some lines of data from a group of web pages and paste in to Excel?Pls view the image for required excel columns.

urls are,
Stock Share Price dlf ltd | Get Quote dlf | BSE
Stock Share Price dlf ltd | Get Quote dlf | BSE
Stock Share Price jaiprakash associates ltd | Get Quote jaipra | BSE
------------
-----------
up to 100 urls in a text file.

A:Web site data to excel columns

When you right click on the webpage and select "View source" from the context menu - do you see the info of interest; I don't. If the info were there, you could use InetGet. They know the value of the info being presented and they probably want to discourage automated data mining.

See if there is a mobile version of the webpage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/295491-web-site-data-excel-columns.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi All Firstly thanks to everyone reading and greater thanks to those replying Here is my best attempt at explaining my problem In Sheet I have data of quot invoice number quot name quot quot invoice date quot quot status quot quot amount quot and some other headings Everything is straight forward except quot status quot will be either quot outstanding quot quot paid quot or quot donation quot The headings are on the in seperate Data first sheets Return on Excel on - sheet based value top horizontally and the data is all vertical from that On Sheet I need to return all the rows the entire row s data but only for those for which the status is quot paid quot and then on sheet I need to return all the rows the entire row for those in which the status is quot outstanding quot and then the same applies for quot donation quot on sheet Currently I am using this very simple formula IF Invoices D quot outstanding quot Invoices A quot quot and then IF Invoices D quot outstanding quot Invoices B quot quot in the next field and the formulas go on like Excel - Return Data on seperate sheets based on value in first sheet that en every cell to the right for each column on sheet I have been using this just to get by but as you can well imagine it is not very elegant and since the rows on sheet keep on being added downwards I keep on having to copy my formulas down on sheets and or I have to copy them down to like row just to keep ahead Is there a more elligant way of doing this - I have looked at vlookup but unless I am just not seeing the depth of the function I am not getting it right and of course I can only return a value to the right of the cell I am searching in If I absolutely have to I can move Excel - Return Data on seperate sheets based on value in first sheet the criteria column quot status quot to column A but I would really not like to unless I have to as the list is exported as is from another application So after that lenghtly explaination I hope I have managed to get the point across properly and I truly appreciate the help Thanks J nbsp

A:Excel - Return Data on seperate sheets based on value in first sheet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-return-data-on-seperate-sheets-based-on-value-in-first-sheet.859399/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a large excel file (3k= rows) of name/addr info. I want to transpose the date so information appears in its own column for sorting, etc. The problem is the data is not consistant. (sometimes there is two address enteries, sometimes three. In another record there may be two phone numbers. So each company may have six or seven rows of info. The only consistancy is that the company name is in bold. I've tried to attach a sample file so you can see what my task is. I'm not real good with Excel, so treat me like a dumy; it's OK.
I really appreciate the help.

Bill

A:Transposing column data into multiple columns

Bill, that was an awkward one, but I think this does what you want.
Just click on the "CommandButton1" and watch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transposing-column-data-into-multiple-columns.722519/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I have Worksheets I would like to compare the columns and add missing employees to Different Worksheets Columns Add Data on and Missing Compare the main worksheet and highlight any employees that no longer on the nd sheet Sample - Sheet Plant - PA's Column A Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data Column B Column C Row Employee Name Employee ID Start Date Row Employee VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Row Employee Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Row Employee VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Row Employee VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Sample - Sheet Employee List Query Column Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data A Column B Column C Row Employee Name Employee ID Start Date Row Employee Row Employee Row Employee Row Employee In the above example I would like to be able to add Employee from the Employee List Query to the bottom of the Plant - PA's sheet along with the VLOOKUP formulas in Columns B C I would also like to highlight Employee on the Plant - PA's as it has been removed form the Employee List Query sheet Hopefully this makes sense and is possible Thank you Sandi

A:Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data

Hi,Here is an example of how i would do it, usually others will have a much cleaner and probably better way of coding the solution, however this is my way of doing it.Hopefully DerbyDad can provide a solution too.There are two method which you will need to call1) CopyMissingEmployeeThis will call IsOnOtherList and check if the employee exists on the other list, if not then the entire row is copied to sheet 12) HiglightRemovedThis will call IsMissing and will highlight any employees on sheet 1 where they do not appear on sheet 2.Hope this helpsPrivate Sub CopyMissingEmployee()

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range
Dim NextRow

Set URange = Sheet2.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet2.Range(URange, LRange)

If IsOnOtherList(BCell.Value) = False Then

BCell.EntireRow.Copy

NextRow = Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

Sheet1.Paste Sheet1.Range("A" & NextRow + 1)

End If

Next BCell

End Sub

Private Function IsOnOtherList(EmpID As String) As Boolean

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range

Set URange = Sheet1.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet1.Range(URange, LRange)

If BCell.Value = EmpID Then
IsOnOtherList = True
Exit For
Else
IsOnOtherList = False
End If

Next BCell

End Function

Private Sub HiglightRemoved()

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range
Dim NextRow

Set URange = Sheet1.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet1.Range(URange, LRange)

If IsMissing(BCell.Value) = True Then

'BCell.EntireColumn.Interior.Color = vbYellow
BCell.EntireRow.Interior.Color = vbYellow

End If

Next BCell

End Sub

Private Function IsMissing(EmpID As String) As Boolean

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range

Set URange = Sheet2.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet2.Range(URange, LRange)

If BCell.Value <> EmpID Then
IsMissing = True
Else
IsMissing = False
Exit For
End If

Next BCell

End Function

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/compare-columns-on-different-worksheets-and-add-missing-data/19897.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a very large spreadsheet (i.e. too big for pivoting and transposing wouldn't work) which looks something like this:
Col. ACol. BCol. CCol. DCol. ECol. FCol. GEntry1Info124562131654632435435Entry2Info150256874654242454654Entry3Info2221333333336546548463
I want it to look like this (i.e. flip Col.C through Col. G and line it up with Entry1, then do the same for Entry2, etc.):

Col. ACol. BCol. CEntry1Info12Entry1Info456Entry1Info2131Entry1Info6546Entry1Info32435435Entry2Info150Entry2Info25Entry2Info6874654Entry2Info242Entry2Info454654Entry3Info222Entry3Info133333Entry3Info333Entry3Info654654Entry3Info8463

Please help!

Relevancy 56.76%

Helloooo
I have two columns of data. In column A, I need to identify every cell that is identical to any value in column B.

Relevancy 56.76%

I have data in columns - starting A Data columns Formulas Creating from in in rows - P and another set of data from A -P I have various formulae using that data starting in A -A I wish to include the second row of data the A -P into a second set of formulas from B -B Filling right doesn t work because if the formula in the A column is something as simple as quot A C D quot when I fill right the formula in the B column is quot B D E quot - when I NEED it to read quot A C D quot I realize there is probably a simple workaround for this - in fact I COULD just rekey the formula the reasons I don t are the formulas are more elaborate than I listed there will be many more rows of data at least more - Creating Formulas in rows from Data in columns so rekeying the formula for EACH row of data would be time-consuming and it will eventually move the formulas off the same visible area as the data I m currently combatting that by having the panes frozen Is there any way to accomplish what I m trying to get done Chris nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I m hoping there 2 3 columns compare EXCEL files data in is a formula within EXCEL that will allow me to complete this comparison I ve been working on it all day manually and realize it will take a long time to complete this way My computer is running on Windows Home Premium and my EXCEL is I have two different files and within each are three columns of data that I need to compare They re labeled NC NCI and SECNCI To be considered a match I need all three fields within a row to match exactly to a row within the other file The first file called REQUEST NET FILE has over rows of data so naturally there will be many repeats of these same three fields in that file but each row where the three fields match any row of data on the second file called DEPLOYED TABLE FILE needs to be the same to be considered a match If it doesn t match if possible I d also like to know why This could fall into two different scenarios NC CODE IS NOT ON DEPLOYED TABLE FILE or NCI SECNCI combo not on deployed table for this NC Once complete I ll run the same process in reverse so both files will end up with a match or no match next to each row If I need to run two separate compares one to EXCEL 2 files compare data in 3 columns get the match and then one on just the no match results to find the second bit of info I can do that Or if the second criteria can t be found via excel formula just the match no match result will be acceptable as that will save me so much time I was thinking a vlookup could do the compare for me but I m not good with vlookup formulas and after struggling a few hours with it I started searching and came across your site I ve found a few similar topics but nothing that I can translate into something for my specific need I ve attached portions of the two files and you can see on the REQUEST NET FILE where I ve managed to get to with doing it manually It s quite a tedious process so I m really hoping you can help Thank you Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all,

I am using the below formula (that I found on this forum) to calculate the age based on a DOB. I now want to create a formula for the next column to have either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ if the age is above a certain value.

If this is possible, is it then possible if I have two ages in separate columns to generate a ‘Yes’ if either of the age’s are above the specified Value?

Formula for Age Calculation;
=DATEDIF($C24,NOW(),"y") & "y,"&DATEDIF($C24,NOW(),"ym") & "m,"& DATEDIF($C24,NOW(),"md") & "d"

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks.

A:Data in columns formula to generate a new column

try this

=IF (Cell you do the calculation in > age you want to test , "Yes" , "No" )
if you want to test two columns , then

=IF ( OR(column1 > age, column2 > age ), "Yes", "No")

can you load a dummy spreadsheet and we can check the above works OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-in-columns-formula-to-generate-a-new-column.1075657/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,
I have an excel sheet with 3 columns. What I want to do is, I need to be able to find value in column 3, that corresponds to a value in column 2. The value in column2 should match the value in col 1.

Example

Input Data
Col1 Col2 Col3
1------2------A
2------7------B
7------1------C
5------9------D

The result should be
Col1 Col2 Col3
1------1------C
2------2------A
7------7------B
5------9------D
Please help me.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi A does anyone know how to search for the text content Searching Rows/Columns EXCEL Data in of a cell through a column and then return the value content of the cell of a certain other column of the same row where the text content was found e g A B C D T XY TP YZ TP ZY P YX TP YY FORMULA TP ZZ gt gt FORMULA EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns quot Look for string TP in column A other than in EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns row and return the value of that row in column C C YZ quot NOTE There might be more than row with the string TP in column A - I would need the sum of all results in column C where the FORMULA finds this string B I also have a similar problem with another worksheet It would require a formula which searches through a whole column for certain names e g quot Donna quot and then returns the value of another column in the same row where it found quot Donna quot the value again is not in a column directly EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns adjacent to the column where quot Donna quot would be found This is fairly identical to problem A except that the search string would be unique only result and it doesn t have to take into account and disregard if the string was found in the same row of the FORMULA the search column would be in a different worksheet from the FORMULA worksheet Thanks for any suggestions Cheers from New Zealand Andreas nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a column that contains the full name of a client, eg. Mr B Cooney and I want to divide this into three columns (Title, Firstname and Surname). Can anyone help?

Relevancy 56.76%

I am having two column with current month profit & last month profit respectively Column A & Column B. I would like to compare both column & set the ICON (down Arrow & up Arrow ) based on result if A1 value greater than B1 set upper arrow else down arrow

A:How to set ICON in Excel by comparing data in 2 Columns

You didn't say where you wanted the arrows to appear, so I'll use C1 for this explanation.1 - In C1, enter this formula: =IF(A1>B1,2,IF(A1=B1,1,0))2 - Under the Conditional Formatting drop down, choose Icon Sets and then choose the Up arrow.3 - Go back into Conditional Formatting and choose Manage Rules4 - Edit the Rule for C1 as follows:----- Click the Show Icon Only box to place checkmark in box----- Change Type to be Number in both dropdowns----- Up Arrow: when value is >=2----- Sideways Arrow: when <2 and >0----- Down Arrow: when <=0 (should be default)5 - Click OKLet me know how that works for you.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-set-icon-in-excel-by-comparing-data-in-2-columns/20422.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have been working on a project for a few weeks and I could really use some help I m attaching a dummy file example that is an example of how my XLS comes to me each month I need a Solved: to delete specific XLS Macro move to columns rows/columns rows. and macro that leaves me with the second file example If the macro could just grab the Student name then put the following info for each student all on row that would be perfect Child s Name Date In Time In Rounded Time Out Rounded Sometimes for some reason there is a student with Solved: XLS Macro to delete specific rows/columns and move columns to rows. a Cont after their name I need that row deleted and just pull the times up onto the same row as other times The example file might make sense Here are the steps I am doing manually that I hope a macro could do for Solved: XLS Macro to delete specific rows/columns and move columns to rows. me Un-merge cells B Un-merge any cells with a child s name such as Doe Jane Delete any row with a childs name that has Cont after it such as Doe Jane Cont Delete rows - Delete columns A C F H I J M N O and P Manually move all info up to one row per student Delete all empty rows below See example as the completed file but I only moved a few of the rows per student for the sake of time Is there any way to do all of this with a macro nbsp

A:Solved: XLS Macro to delete specific rows/columns and move columns to rows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xls-macro-to-delete-specific-rows-columns-and-move-columns-to-rows.1021890/
Relevancy 56.76%

ive never done formulas in excel before except for basic sum stuff im trying to make a wage sheet which calculates hours worked and pay i have a row of cells under the titles monday to sunday with digits underneath saying how many hours were worked on those days however in the cells which say the hours worked each day i would also like to include overtime hours as a seperate digit but still remain in the same cell under the correct day e g under monday i might write being the normal hours worked and from 2003: single of use seperate which Excel 2 bits cell Formulas data a the value in Excel 2003: Formulas which use 2 seperate bits of data from a single cell the brackets being the overtime however id like these numbers to be calculated seperately as i have a column which gives a total normal hours worked and another column which says how many overtime hours were worked so basically in one column id like a formula which would work like sum first number in cell a first number in cell a etc and in another column id like a formula which would work like sum second number in cell a second number in cell a etc how can i do this ps im sorry if this has being asked before but i dont know how to word my search query cuz i dont know what this is called nbsp

A:Excel 2003: Formulas which use 2 seperate bits of data from a single cell

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2003-formulas-which-use-2-seperate-bits-of-data-from-a-single-cell.903038/
Relevancy 56.33%

Anybody ever encountered this situation or have any ideas?

One of our users has a multi-tab Excel (vers. 2002, SP3) workbook with several columns containing pricing and taxes on products we handle. When she prepares to print the worksheet, she hides some of the middle columns so that only the data in the first and last columns will print out. The issue is, as soon as she unhides the hidden columns, certain data fields get wiped out... deleted. Then, she has to retype them. There are no macros or VBA scripts programmed in this workbook, and no wierd formulas I've seen that would potentially do this. Is this possibly an Excel bug???

A:Hiding Columns Appear to delete data in hidden fields (?????)

Sounds like a user bug. I won't believe it's exactly as you describe without seeing the file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hiding-columns-appear-to-delete-data-in-hidden-fields.628509/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a database which has about 60000 rows and 3 columns.
Here I have made a picture to show what exactly I want, this picture represent a general view of my data structure and also represent what I want.

I have 3 first columns (from left) and I want to create a new column like the last one which named New Text.
As you see I want to create a column which duplicate the Text of every row for X times. And X is the frequency of repeated number in Number ID 2.

For example: In Number ID 2, 8 repeated four times. So New Text should have four H. (H represent the text)

Please consider this to be done by Microsoft Access software, which I have no experience of working with.

A:How to create a new column using data of other columns in Microsoft Access

will take TWO updates.

1) a transaction to ADD Column "New Text"; commit

2) another to UPDATE "New Text" where "Number ID 2" equals "Number ID 1" value is TEXT;

(or something close to that - - it's be a while since I last used SQL grammar.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-create-a-new-column-using-data-of-other-columns-in-microsoft-access.163720/
Relevancy 56.33%

We have a survey package which is great, but it out puts the questions numbers over the columns and each new row is a response, however our calculations are setup for the question numbers to be the rows and the responses are the columns. Is there any way to swap these values around in this fashion? Thanks for any help

A:Excel: swapping columns and rows layout of data?

Howdy. You can copy the data, then Paste Special > Transpose

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-swapping-columns-and-rows-layout-of-data.456591/
Relevancy 56.33%

As an example, The Itunes directory is in My Music. My Music is in a Music library, so the file details in explorer include album, #, etc. Within Itunes is the Apps directory and other data where "album name" doesn't make sense. I want it to display as a non-music directory. There doesn't seem to be any way to set the default columns displayed in a directory within a Music Library without changing how all the directories are displayed. Nor does there seem to be a way to remove a Music Library sub-directory from being considered as a Music Library member.

A:Can I set explorer columns for data directory within music library

Hello EasilyConfused, and welcome to Seven Forums.

From within the Music library, you can change, add, and remove any columns you like.Windows Explorer Columns - Add or Remove
The tutorial below can help show you how to remove folders that you no longer want to be included in the say Music library.Library - Remove a Included Folder
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209911-can-i-set-explorer-columns-data-directory-within-music-library.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all,

I have an excel sheet attached as an example. What I want to do is
take the data in each column and put them together into one
column.

In my attached excel sheet I would like to have the data in each
column look like this in one separate column each line for example 1-72-bk-1803

any help is appreciated....thanks

A:Excel question: how would you connect data in defferent columns into one column?

In E1 enter
=A1&"-"&b1&"-"&c1&"-"&d1
copy down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-question-how-would-you-connect-data-in-defferent-columns-into-one-column.934495/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I was hoping somone could please help me out.

I have an excel spread sheet with a lot of data in columns which i need to convert into rows. The problem is one column contains over 10,000 rows of data... thus making it too hard to transpose manually.

I have attached a copy of the spreadsheet (condensed version) and was hoping someone had some suggestions on how i can achieve my desired outcome.

Thanks very much,

Ray

A:Move alot of Data from Columns Excel 2010 - too big to transpose

I'm sorry to say that this is pretty much impossible as far as I can tell because there simply isn't enough consistency in your layout. If all rows were there and in order it would be easy enough.
As they aren't, one would need to inspect the titles to put them in the right place, but your titles don't always match either. For example your second "Telephone" entry is actually titled "Clinic Mobile", which the computer justly sees as very different indeed.
I'll try to help if I can, but you'll need some point of consistency if you want computers to automate a process. If it helps, here's a copy of my spreadsheet that inspects the titles (on sheet 2). If there are only a few problematic titles it might be easier to correct them manually (or use search and replace).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-alot-of-data-from-columns-excel-2010-too-big-to-transpose.981919/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I amp m trying to work out how I can look at one column in a spreadsheet and display the text in another field but without a load of blank cells in the results column Let me give you an example On Sheet In column A are road names In column B the number of building on that to from multiple one data column 2010 Excel columns separating road In column C the last date and work was doneon the road In Column D is an IF formula thatbasically gives a result of Excel 2010 separating data from one column to multiple columns or On another sheet I want four lists Sheet In column A is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column B is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column C is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column D is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D I can do this with a simple IF statement in columns A B C amp D on sheet and drag it down but there are a couple of problems with this method If the value in sheet doesn amp t match I get a blank cell on sheet as there should be but this leaves a large number of cells with no value I need a list in each column A B C amp D onsheet without any blank cells I amp m going to be pasting different data into columns A B amp D on sheet a number of times and the number of rows in will be different each time I remember seeing something before thatinvolved using the IF and COUNTIF function in a formula but not sure how Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Excel 2010 separating data from one column to multiple columns

should be able to use an array formula - so use control + shift + enter key and the formula gets { } brackets

Code:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$14,SMALL(IF(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$14[COLOR="Red"]=1[/COLOR],ROW(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$14)-ROW(Sheet1!$A$2)+1),ROWS(F$4:F4)))
where you change the red =1
to =2, 3, 4 for different columns

does that work out

see attached

if it works we can extend the range and cleanup the errors

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2010-separating-data-from-one-column-to-multiple-columns.1090901/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all I have a spreadsheet that holds sports results based on age groups The age groups are in one column stored as U B U G U B U G U B U G which is the age B or G boy girl The results are in another column stored as whole numbers I am trying to find a formula that will allow me to sort on the first column in the order shown above and then on the second column in descending order and then bring back the other data like the name example Child A U B Child B U G Child C U B Child D U G Child E U G would be returned as U B Child C U G Child D U G Child B U G Child E U B Child A I know I can use a manual sort but I was hoping to automatically put the results in a separate sheet in the correct order Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Excel - function to sort multiple columns of alphanumeric data

You could easily enter in this formula:
=IF(LEN(B1)=3,LEFT(B1,1)&"0"&RIGHT(B1,2),B1)
(where the three data columns are just A, B, and C) so that you get - instead of U6B, for instance - U06B. This allows you to sort correctly by age.
If you want it copied and sorted to another page like that, you really need a macro/VBA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-function-to-sort-multiple-columns-of-alphanumeric-data.933917/
Relevancy 55.47%

..... and I want to convert the lot to 2 decimal place numbers.

Excel has several methods, but none seem to work for conversion in bulk. Working on futher cells from a suitably formatted one does not work.

Is the only way to solve my problem to manually enter the numbers elsewhere, clear the original cells, and then cut and paste back to the original cells?

Help please!

A:Number data in 10 columns and 25 rows pasted from other source is text

Need more info about the source text file. When opened in Word and Show All (the paragraph mark) is enabled, what does the text file look like?

See this thread from a couple years ago and see if it gives you any ideas:

Please Help - Data in Text File to be arranged in Excel in a specific

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/298996-number-data-10-columns-25-rows-pasted-other-source-text.html
Relevancy 55.04%

quot Macro Creation Request for Moving Data from Rows to Columns in a Non-Conventional Way quot Hello all Hopefully somebody can help me with the following problem please see the attached document Presently I have an Excel document containing variables - per country in rows for label through label x However I need the table to contain the country level information as Columns Way Data Request Rows Moving for in from Macro Non-Conventional Creation a to columns Macro Creation Request for Moving Data from Rows to Columns in a Non-Conventional Way for each label so that there is only one row per label For example instead of row containing label argentina variables - then row containing label arab emirates variables - I need the table to contain row label columns argentina variable argentina variable etc then arab emirates variables arab emirates variable etc Also the countries in the table that do not have information for a given label fall at the end of the list for each label instead of in alphabetical order Macro Creation Request for Moving Data from Rows to Columns in a Non-Conventional Way but they need to be placed in Macro Creation Request for Moving Data from Rows to Columns in a Non-Conventional Way alphabetical order when quot columnized quot I have provided the arab emirates as an example Alphabetically it comes before Argentina but in the list it comes after because it did not contain information for those given labels Since information per country will vary from label to label the countries must remain in alphabetical order in the columns regardless of whether information is provided or not per label Is there a macro that may be written for this Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to read my post Happy day nbsp

A:Macro Creation Request for Moving Data from Rows to Columns in a Non-Conventional Way

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-creation-request-for-moving-data-from-rows-to-columns-in-a-non-conventional-way.1120209/
Relevancy 53.75%

I currently have windows 8 installed. I wish to install another windows 8 os on a separate hdd on the same pc. I wish to do this because I share this pc with my brother who is paranoid that my constant tweaking somehow breaks his games installs. Is dual booting two windows 8 installations possible? If it is, what is the best way of going about it? I have an external hard drive that I backup all of my partitions to using acronis, so I'm not too worried about breaking something.

A:Dual boot 2 seperate windows 8 installs on seperate hdd's

Originally Posted by antitheist69

Is dual booting two windows 8 installations possible?

1. Press whatever key (ex: F11) it shows to boot to your motherboard's boot menu, and select to boot from the DVD or USB.

2. On the Where do you want to install Windows? screen select empty partition or for example "Drive 1 Unallocated Space", and then select Next.

3. After the Windows 8 installation you will choose which operating system you want to use.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/44449-dual-boot-2-seperate-windows-8-installs-seperate-hdds.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I need a visual basic macro for excel that will do the following From sheet ColumnA Select rows until sheet columnA value does not start with REC as the no of rows is unbalanced sometimes rows sometimes rows sometimes rows etc copy selected rows and transpose to sheet columnA to however many rows were selected Repeat until end for 2002 to in new Visual columns Excel data unbalanced Basic rows sheet using Macro last row My real table has rows and the rows are unbalanced I am attaching a test file Please help me and thank you for your support and time Tech Support Guy System Info Utility Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD G M -L V MS- Antivirus None nbsp

A:Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data

Can you also attach a second workbook showing how the data should appear after the macro is run?

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/visual-basic-macro-for-excel-2002-columns-to-rows-in-new-sheet-using-unbalanced-data.1080037/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

Can someone look at this please and let me know what's caused my BlueScreens?

Cheers

James

A:Couple of BlueScreens, does anyone mind checking this data out?

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Uninstall these programs:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\AutoGreen
Which antivirus do you use? If nothing, use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281705-couple-bluescreens-does-anyone-mind-checking-data-out.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello 80+GB extra drive hard now!!!???! data Ran has 1 Error checking, I got a Lexicon OMEGA USB recording interface with Cubase LE software tried to make it work Ran Error checking, 1 hard drive has 80+GB data extra now!!!???! but it was giving me problems so I tried to do a uninstall of all that I think I got it but I m not sure When I ran error checker I did on my nd hard drive E that worked fine Then I ran eorr checker on my C where you select how it will run then it restarts amp does the error checker then loads windows Then I checked the properties amp it when up to GB I think Now it is at GB from - GB before I ran the error checker Doesn t make any sence amp I can t locate any extra data anywhere When I highlight all the files in the C then Ran Error checking, 1 hard drive has 80+GB data extra now!!!???! do properties it says all the files only add up to GB or so My comp is a new HP XW gig ram CPUs hard drives doesn t really have any Ran Error checking, 1 hard drive has 80+GB data extra now!!!???! problems but the OMEGA amp Cubase LE messed up the operation appearently I did defrag registery cleaner error checker virus uninstall property checks etc Help please nbsp

A:Ran Error checking, 1 hard drive has 80+GB data extra now!!!???!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ran-error-checking-1-hard-drive-has-80-gb-data-extra-now.822367/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Everyone

I'm a newbie, so forgive me if I'm doing anything wrong. . .

My query is exactly the same that Gram123 has already posted.

i.e - I need to search multiple worksheets for value(s) in a workbook using CTRL +F (or is there another way / or a function I can use?) I'm using Excel 2000

Any help would be appreciated folks

Ronnie

A:Finding Data

hi Ronnie....

Just select ALL of the worksheets...
then CTRL + F

it'll take you right to the sheet and the cell with the value.

k

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-data.150687/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi
Is it possible to use the "Find" feature ( In excel, under Edit, on menu bar) to search and locate more than one cell at a time?
If not, is it possible any other way?
Thanks
Ricky

A:Finding data on a worksheet

What version of Excel are you using?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/393177/finding-data-on-a-worksheet/
Relevancy 51.6%

Is there an app where it could make a list of all my backedup data (previews would be great) and find them easily when i would need for them. What i have in mind actually is, data stored on dvds and then i could do a search with the name or a part of the files name and i would get a result telling me that the file im lookin for is located on dvd3 (from my backup) even though dvd3 is on loaded.
Im i making sence in what im looking for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-backed-up-data.401396/
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop is running Windows 7 Premium Home edition. Is there a way to figure out what downloaded to my computer on a specific day and/or figure out what web site and/or program used large amounts of data on a specific day within a time range? I recently had three days with unusual spikes in data usage on my internet plan, but I can't figure out what actually sucked up the data. I did not download any movies, did not stream any shows, and the data spike does not correspond with the timing of the most recent Windows update. I have not (knowingly) done anything outside of my "normal" internet behaviors. I am stumped.

A:Finding the source of data usage

Is you home network secured?

Software to monitor bandwidth usage:

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/laptops/how-to-track-your-broadband-data-usage-on-pc-or-mac-50006192/

5 Free Software To Monitor Data Usage

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-the-source-of-data-usage.1107217/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Vista system. Recently something is transfering large amounts of data when I'm not downloading or uploading anything. How to find application responsible for it? I scanned the system with Malwarebytes, AVG antivirus. I also have Comodo firewall installed.

A:Finding application transfering data

Did the Task manager show anything?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/finding-application-transfering-data-849201.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok so im running windows 7 and have no speakers, just headphones for sound. As now i use dual monitors, (one being my 50" that my girlfriend watches netflix, movies, etc with ) and all sound plays thru the TV but i want to make it so she can hear her show, and i can plug my headphones in to listen to my games without interupting her show, please help. Also screen share works best for me unless u have detailed directions which i can follow, thanks.

A:Want to have seperate sounds from seperate monitors

Can't be done. All sound plays though whatever is set as the default audio device, and there can only be one default device. You could switch the sound back to your computers audio card but you'll get your game sound and the movie sound track.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/301792-want-have-seperate-sounds-seperate-monitors.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm trying to do a simple 2 column merge in an Excel file. The idea is to put both first and last names (currently in 2 separate columns) into one column. There is more data in the worksheet, address, telelphone etc - in other columns.

When the name columns are selected, then FORMAT CELLS, then ALIGNMENT, MERGE CELLS, it comes back with -

"The selection contains multiple data values. Merging into one cell will keep the upper-left most data only"

There's text only in all the cells in both columns.

When I click on OK - like yea, do it anyway - both first and last name columns are blank - and there is no merged column.

I have also tried to use the CONCATENATE function and it works great for 1 cell at a time, but does not do entire columns...

Is there another step I've missed in this ?

Thanks...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-error-merging-columns-multiple-data-values.1018600/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a bunch of rows with certain data. I would like to find data that is similar to this years... For instance, I want to find data on row #65 here (2011) that resembles another year. I have data that goes back to 1950 so I have 62 rows..

So in other words, I want to find a year that had a number of .66 (or close) in September, -1.06 in August, -.47 in July, ect. ect

Relevancy 49.88%

Here's my situation: I've been working on an Access 97 app to assist in finding various properties in an external database. It's easy to check all the fields in the tables and their properties (the better to spot inconsistent data types, etc) but I'm having trouble doing the same with forms. For any given field I want the user to see what forms use that field in a control, but I can't seem to find a way to iterate through each form's controls and check its record source the way I can iterate tables or queries (For Each thisField in thisTableDef.Fields, etc).

Can anyone help me out? I'm real pleased with the way the rest of the app is going, and this is kind of annoying.

--Don S.

A:Finding individual data sources for controls on a form

I have to experiment with this, but I believe that in order to view a forms controls, the form must be open. Once the form is open you should be able to go through it's controls using 'For each Thiscontrol in Forms!frmMyForm.controls'. In fact you could probably loop through all open forms using a nested loop.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">code:</font><HR><pre>
for each ThisForm in Forms
for each ThisControl in ThisForm.Controls
[/code]

If already know this and it's still not working, how are you trying to go through the controls? What happens when you try?

Keep us posted! Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-individual-data-sources-for-controls-on-a-form.37003/
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently had to reinstall Windows 2000 after running into a error stop screen indicating an inability to load the hive (file)
\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SYSTEM or its log or alternate.

The good news was that very little data was lost after the reinstall. It was just a matter of reconfiguring my OS from scratch and reinstalling programs. What I did lose during this process was all my contacts and email that resided in MS Outlook 2000.

Question is then: is there a place where I could still find this data on my system? I've been told that to look for .mbx or .wab files. Where do these exist? Which path?

Any help is appreciated.

Jamie
Edmonton, Canada

A:Finding outlook 2000 data after a windows reinstall

On my PC, the .wab file is found under
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

Gram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-outlook-2000-data-after-a-windows-reinstall.110958/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am setting up a new computer and want to move my outlook data to the new machine. I can not find the file, even with show hidden files checked. Search shows no .pst files. Any ideas? Thanks, Carol

Relevancy 47.3%

I recently installed Nero9. I am unhappy with the fact that i can find now way to uninstall Nero Showtime.

Please help! Thankyou in advance.

A:Solved: Uninstalling Seperate Nero Showtime?

I think you need to uninstall Nero9 first. Then, reinstall it but do not choose to install Showtime.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-uninstalling-seperate-nero-showtime.885505/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a concert on disc, the format of the concert file is WMV,

How do i rip it to my PC?!?!?! (First Off)

I have totally forgotten how to rip Video files to my PC!!! Doh!

Then also how do i then Rip the Audio to make an MP3 version of the concert? being able to also cut each song individually making 11 seperate files?!??!

ANY HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

Thanks

A:Solved: WMV from Disc to PC!!!!! & Audio Rip for Seperate Purpose?!

If it just a WMV file on the disc, you should be able to view the files on the disc in Windows Explorer and copy them to your hard drive and play them without any further conversion.

Found this free WMV -> MP3 converter with a Google search. I have never tried it though. Someone else here may be able to offer a recommendation of a specific program they have used.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wmv-from-disc-to-pc-audio-rip-for-seperate-purpose.852416/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,
I'm attaching a sample workbook to help understand the question. In row A I have numbers and words. Example:49610 Acme. I need a macro to seperate the numbers to one row and the words to another row. All the numbers are 5 digits but the words are of different lengths. I tried to use Edit (F 2) and Copy and Paste but can't get the results that I want. The data goes all the way down to 1752 in A only. All the other rows are empty
Mike

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a large amount of pictures in a Folder. I would like to move more than one of them at a time to a seperate Folder. How can I do this?

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys im new here and registered to ask this question in an expert forum Right i installed Windows onto a new hard drive last night as its much larger and faster I was having major troubles long story but lets call that C now and my old windows installation D The new C i have installed windows to is a SATA Drive and my old D is an IDE 7, drive. Solved: Windows hard seperate which is obviously set to primary master Now its taking a while to boot up and i m guessing thats because my primary master is still connected to my old windows drive I also have another harddrive which is E which is set to primary slave I cant format my D old windows boot because it says windows couln t complete the format How do i go about making my current C SATA my primary slave and what Solved: Windows 7, seperate hard drive. slave do i leave my games drive E at Sorry its a little confusing i know And also when i try format my old windows boot i right click my computer and click format If i try going to My Computer gt Manage gt Disk Management and delete volume and formatting it that way it says Windows cannot delete the active system partition on this disk What can be active on it Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Jamie nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I have c (my primary) and d which seems to be empty and has nothing in it.
How do I just delete/merge d into c to just have one hard drive?

A:Solved: 2 seperate peices of hard drive.. how to merge as one?

Easiest way is to open Computer Management, in the Control Panel - Admin tools, and then Disk management.
It looks like your Windows is on C: , together with the MBR (?)

Right click the D: and "delete volume", then right click C: and "Extend" the volume to the maximum.
But, before doing so. Do you need the extra space in C:? An extra volume can be useful for tucking things away, like images, or copies of original installation programs. You can have your mailboxes there, etc etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-2-seperate-peices-of-hard-drive-how-to-merge-as-one.1099211/
Relevancy 46.44%

Ive been looking into multiple desktops. I use a computer with someone else, and i can't use a seperate user profile becaues it doesn't have internet on it.

I wanted a virtual desktop program which will allow me to have two virtual desktops, and which will have seperate shortcuts on each, and be able to change each desktops startup apps (so i can have rocketdock run on start on one virtual desktop but not the other).

im not sure if this is possible, even if it isnt anything close would be of help. thanks in advance!

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all

One of those (probably) stupid questions if you know the answer ...

Just bought a Belkin N300 F7D2401 v1 'Modem and Router' unit but it will not connect to the internet and I am going round in circles trying to fix the issue.

Do I also need a seperate modem? I assumed not, as it seems to be an 'upgrade' from the Belkin G I had run for years (also a 'Modem and Router' unit), but thought it worth asking.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 46.44%

Novice to Excel... I know basics, but this is over my head... and it looks like this is the place! (now that I've buttered you up, on to my problem! )

Basically I have a sheet with all data in Column A
Bob Smith
ABC Company
123 Main St
Anywhere, USA
Phone 555.1234
Fax 555.4321
Jane Doe
XYZ Company
321 Main St
Somewhere, USA
Phone 555.0000
Fax 555.0001
Etc…

I was hoping to get:
A | B | C | D | E | F
Name | Co Name | Street | Town | Phone | Fax
Name2 | Co Name2| Street2| Town2| Phone | Fax

The Copy Special – Transpose won’t do multiple rows it ends up with everything in one row as opposed to everything in one column
(Name Co Name Street Town Phone Fax Name2 CoName2 Street2…etc)

Any help would be appreciated!

PS - WinXP and Excel 2003

Relevancy 46.44%

I want to have columns that have text of unequal length All columns will have bullet format - it s a quot things to do quot document I want to be able to jump from column columns formating Solved: to column to column to add a bullet to the particular column as needed I can t seem to get the cursor to be in the nd or rd column without filling the first column with text How do I do that I will later add a single quot column quot section of quot normal quot text to follow the -column section I believe I do this with a continuous page break Right Do I have to add the page break after the end of the rd column or can I establish the page break before I type anything in the rd column let s say I m typing in the nd column and decide to put some text below the -column section in the quot normal quot formatted section - how do I establish the page break and then go back and say type in the rd column etc nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,

I hope someone here can help for I don't want to have to type 300+ rows...

Column A has a user's full name.
Column D has a number.

So, say column A says; John Smith
Column D has a number 4

I'm looking to have Column B combine name and digit so result in column B would be;
4th line presence on John Smith's line

Is this possible?

Thanks

A:Solved: Combining columns?

You can us the & functio to combine (Concatenate) data.
So column B, (assuming row 2) could have
= d2 & " Line presence on " & a2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-combining-columns.712147/
Relevancy 46.44%

I don’t save that many songs on my Laptop but occasionally I save 1 or 2 from some Internet Radio and later I transfer to my USB for my car. I have Vista Home

However when I save songs on my Laptop, it changes the columns on my Internet Explorer to include “Artist, #, Album, etc” which I don’t need and removes the columns I like. The only columns I have for all my directories are “Size, Type and Date Created”

I know I can go and remove the unwanted columns and bring back the ones I want but is there a setting somewhere to prevent songs making their own columns?

Relevancy 46.44%

I have two Workbooks
One with part number and sales rank, the second I have part number and description information.
WB1:
PN Rank
10001 1
10005 2
10010 3
etc
WB2
PN Description
10001 Black Floormat 48x60
10002 Black Floormat 48x72
10003 Grey Floormat 48x60
10004 Grey Floormat 48x72
etc

How can I make a WB with PN, Rank and Description together? The problem is WB2 has a lot of part numbers that is not in WB1 and I do have the time to delete by hand...

A:Solved: Compare Columns

I'm sure someone will be able to help, but just a comment - this would be soooooooo easy in Access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-compare-columns.559821/
Relevancy 46.44%

I want to hide a few columns on a spreadsheet after I run a macro. I'm familiar with making sheets visible and hiding them with a macro, but not sure I know how with columns. Any help.

A:Solved: How to hide columns

Set the width to 0? That will effectivly hide them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-hide-columns.423412/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a place that has 3 network access points. I don't use wireless much but i know a fair amount about it. I don't use it because I don't like it. I have to put in one because one is failing. Power turns off all the time even though the UPS is good and firmware update and hard reset did nothing.

Simple question I hope. Do all 3 access points have to be on the same channel do they then "compete" with each other? Should they be on seperate channels to be more efficient? Or does this even matter in the least?

I know channels help with getting you out of competeing wireless networks and phones and whatnot but I wanted to find out about how this works in a single wireless network scenario.

A:Solved: Multiple wireless access points - Should they have seperate channels?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-multiple-wireless-access-points-should-they-have-seperate-channels.449744/
Relevancy 46.01%

Beginning a couple of days ago the shortcuts pinned to my taskbar began opening in a separate window so that when I started a program, it would open on the far right and the shortcut would still be visible. How do I restore the taskbar so that the program's window will take the place of the shortcut?

Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Pinned taskbar shortcuts open in seperate window

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-pinned-taskbar-shortcuts-open-in-seperate-window-514341.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, I have data which contains vertical lines I'm trying to remove via "text to columns". The data varies in length so doing the "fixed width" option works by sections. I'm trying to use delimited, yet can't seem to insert the delimiter in the "other" box.

data looks like this: |10030|2009 | |

I'm separating the 10030 from 2009, and as I said the first # can be 5,6 or 4 digits. Is there a way to keyboard code the unicode vertical separator?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 46.01%

Got a spreadsheet where the first column on the leftmost side is Column D.

I want to see Col A - Col C as I know they exist but I cannot see.
I move the cursor to A1 and am told the contents in top left corner of Excel.

Have tried Unhide the whole worksheet but no go.

Relevancy 46.01%

I decided to hide the first couple of columns in the spreadsheet. But for some reason I can't get them back. I tried selecting the first visible column, the whole spreadsheet, the View menu. Nothing. The columns won't unhide. And yes I need their data.

For the record, hiding and then unhiding works fine when it's not the first column.