Windows Support Forum

MS Works - Database

Q: MS Works - Database

Can anyone tell me how to set the print area in "Database"? I want to print a form which shows lots of names down the first column, and then has a blank "Signature " column next to it, but with horizontal gridlines to take their signatures.

When I look on "Print Preview" it only shows the "Names" column, and I can't get it to print a column next to it. If I remember corectly, there is a facility in Excel for this, but I can't find it in the Database application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: MS Works - Database

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 24.08%

I recently bought a Windows DVD to put it on the new PC I'm building for my mom. That PC has troubles with the DVD drive itself (stupid motherboard doesn't have IDE..), so I figured I'd set up a bootable USB to install Windows before the adapter arrives. Problem is, the installation DVD isn't playing on my drive (I tried another DVD with a movie on it before, so I don't think its my drive). I brought it to a PC shop and for them it worked fine, even though its quite scratched on the back (I guess the person selling those DVDs doesn't know how to ship them properly) I didn't wanna pay 20 bucks for them copying the DVD, even though I'll probably end up having to do that.

Any ideas what the problem is, or what I can do? I'm not sure if the DVD will work in my moms drive either..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-works-with-other-drives-but-not-mine-while-other-dvds-work.216661/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have no clue if I'm posting this in the correct place but here it goes my Sell insperion laptop worked just fine as of a couple of days ago. We ended up connecting it to the Ethernet cord and it works. We've tried restarting it numerous times and it doesn't recognize any networks. Any suggestions?

A:Wi-Fi stopped working now only works wired

Have you checked under your Device Manager to see if the WiFi was disabled for some reason? Does your Dell have a physical WiFi button, and is it turned on? You could also go to the Dell website and download the WiFi device drivers for your specific laptop. Un-install the WiFi drivers, reboot and then re-install them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stopped-working-now-only-works-wired.212471/
Relevancy 24.51%

Dell 1764 New Laptop
Need more details please ask...

Looking for advice, thanks

A:Laptop only works on AC when battery is removed

Sounds like the battery is possibly faulty. Have you tried removing it, then locking it back into position?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-only-works-on-ac-when-battery-is-removed.153344/
Relevancy 23.65%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 24.94%

Over multiple devices on the network wifi works including this laptop I m running on However any time I try to use ethernet including on this laptop there is no internet connection The error when troubleshooting is Wi-Fi Works, Ethernet Doesn't Dns server not responding While on ethernet connection Wi-Fi Works, Ethernet Doesn't I can access the networked printer but cannot access the default gateway so connection is going from room to the modem and through I have tried restarting the wifi lan modem which then connects to another router down stairs which I haven t restarted my dad won t let me I have tried flushing dns uninstalling and re installing the adapter starting in safe mode with networking This is my ipconfig all while on wifi Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rob-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List BigPond Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Mediatek MT E bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d f d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -A - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d e fbb a Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e fbb a Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap BigPond Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here it is on Ethernet Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rob-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List BigPond Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Mediatek MT E bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -A - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c dc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BigPond Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help you could give would be mu... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-works-ethernet-doesnt.207715/
Relevancy 21.5%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 21.5%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a Rosewill RC-215 PCI SATA card with an Asus SATA DVD/CD Rom drive hooked up to one of the SATA ports. When I boot up, the motherboard (Asus P4PE) bios doesn't recognize my DVD drive(Asus DRW-24B1ST) so I can't boot up from a repair CD/DVD disk. But once I'm in Win2000, the DVD drive (Asus DRW-24B1ST) is recognized and usable. And it shows up in My Computer, and Device Manager.

I need some advice so I can figure out how to be able to boot up from a DVD/CD when I need to.

A:DVD/CD ROM not recognized by bios, but works after Win2000 starts

You may have to spend a few bucks and get a PATA/IDE DVD drive. You have drivers for the SATA card loaded after 2000 boots, so that is why it works.

Have a look through your BIOS and see if there is any option that supports your SATA card. I remember this back on the A7V boards with the Promise ATA 100 controller vs the 33/66 that was 'included' with the motherboard.

I assume you have looked for that option in the BIOS. If you have, and it doesn't exist, I think you will have to pick up a non SATA drive.

Also, I think its pretty cool that someone is still running 2k.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-cd-rom-not-recognized-by-bios-but-works-after-win2000-starts.204023/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance
Pxray

A:HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-with-windows-8-works-ethernet-works-well-but-not-able-to-connect-through-wireless.202705/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi, I think I have the same problem with this person right here, and I'm saying ''I think'' because my english are not so good..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-mirroring-my-speakers.181670/

A:Microphone works as speaker?

Someone help meeeeeeee?!!!?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-works-as-speaker.201636/
Relevancy 24.51%

I hope this is the right section to ask this question in. I'm a big newbie.
I'm having an issue that I have no clue how to solve. There is a specific webpage that I try to view at home with my laptop, and it never loads on Chrome and Firefox, but does on Explorer. But when I take the same laptop to work or school, it does load that website on all browsers. I also have a desktop that stays home, and has the same problem. Its so strange. I don't know if it's a network thing, or an facebook app thing.

I've tried re-installing Chrome, deleting all cookies and caches, disabling all extensions or plugins, and updating Flash and Java. Any ideas?

Mod Note: Facebook game link removed, you are too new to be trusted fully. Problem m ay be solvable without the exact game anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/website-works-at-work-not-home.201025/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a laptop running Windows 7 32-bit and can RDP into my work computer with no issues. I just built a new desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. With my new desktop I can not get into my work PC. We have a SonicWall VPN connection. I can log into the VPN and can ping my work PC with my desktop. I was able to connect once but only rendered half my screen then disconnected. Every time I try to connect it times out. My work PC is running Windows XP Pro 32-bit. All Windows firewalls are turned off.

I built the desktop so I could stop using the laptop to remote into work. I'm still stuck having to use the laptop. Please help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rdp-works-from-one-pc-but-not-another.200134/
Relevancy 24.94%

I've been working on computers for quite some time, but this has me completely perplexed. Just purchased a new case (NZXT Guardian), new EVGA 650TI vid card, 4 gigs of Corsair PC 6400 (Dual Channel), have two hard drives (500 gig Seagate w/Vista loaded/350 gig WD Caviar w/XP loaded), new 750 watt Corsair gaming psu, new Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe board (wireless edition) and two new DVD-R/DVD-RW drives (HP drives) and AMD Athlon 6000 cpu. When I hit the start button, everything fires up for about 5-6 secs, and the system shuts off. I've tested the psu and it's fine. The memory works in another computer, and so do the h/d's and optical drives. I keep thinking there's something wrong with the board or chip. I've torn this build down and rebuilt so many times in the past three days my heads spinning. Thought I'd get some fresh perspective on this thing.

A:Works for 5-6 secs. then shuts off

Disconnect all drives, graphic card, and all but one memory module to see, if the system has the same symptoms. If the system seems to have the same symptoms, you can rule out those components as being a possible culprit.

The 750W PSU is a bit much for a 650Ti. I take it you were giving head-room for possible future SLI with larger graphics cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/works-for-5-6-secs-then-shuts-off.199802/
Relevancy 24.51%

My phone( T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII ) always losing connection maybe because I am living at the edge of the signal coverage. Battery get eaten very fast because of weak signal strength. It is still manage to last over one day with my mpj extended battery though, I have to reboot frequently just to get connected. How can I boost the signal enough for it to work consistently? Please help and thank you millions in advanced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signal-not-enough-for-my-phone-works-consistently.199123/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a champion ups it has suddenly stopped working. The ups turns on but I am unable to turn on my pc but when I turn the outlet switch off I am able turn on the PC in backup mode. I was able to boot and shut down the PC. The ups works in backup mode but somehow refuses to supply power when in online mode. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ups-works-in-backup-mode-but-not-in-online-mode.197973/
Relevancy 24.51%

I ve been struggling for a week now trying to get my wireless internet working on my quot repaired quot Acer computer But till this date I still haven t made any progress At all I feel my sanity slipping recieved no after Wireless HDD new longer having works away from me My computer is able to find all the previous connections I m familiar with but Wireless no longer works after having recieved new HDD I m just not able to connect I Wireless no longer works after having recieved new HDD even dare to say the connections are pretty strong so I doubt it it s the antenna s But really I wouldn t know I ve tried pretty much every quot solution quot I could find on the internet while still waiting for the Acer customer service to respond and for someone to say anything useful at the Acer forums but it s all taking a very long time I recon a specific problem needs a specific solution which is why nothing worked so I m hoping I ll find a clever and patient person out here who would like to help me with this mess Computer It concerns an Acer Aspire X running Windows Repair replaced HDD Details Approximately weeks ago I had to send my computer away to the Acer repair team because of a defective HDD On oktober th I was in possession of my computer again with the HDD replaced and since day one I haven t been able to connect through WiFi I have two laptops sitting here and they manage to connect just fine so I am sure to say I find this very confusing and upsetting Before my computer was taken away everything worked just fine Nothing changed about the router connection key during that time so I m having trouble determining the cause of the issue Today I was bored enough to see if ethernet worked and it does but it s in no way handy for me to use this option I need WiFi Please help me For people who need it a short while ago I made a screenshot of the IP configurations ipconfig all through the command prompt http i tinypic com inv ph jpg nbsp

A:Wireless no longer works after having recieved new HDD

I've been struggling for a week now trying to get my wireless internet working on my "repaired" Acer computer. But till this date, I still haven't made any progress. At all. I feel my sanity slipping away from me.

My computer is able to find all the previous connections I'm familiar with, but I'm just not able to connect. I even dare to say the connections are pretty strong, so I doubt it it's the antenna(s).
But really, I wouldn't know.

I've tried pretty much every "solution" I could find on the internet, while still waiting for the Acer customer service to respond and for someone to say anything useful at the Acer forums, but it's all taking a very long time.
I recon a specific problem needs a specific solution, which is why nothing worked, so I'm hoping I'll find a clever and patient person out here who would like to help me with this mess.

Computer
It concerns an Acer Aspire X3475, running Windows 8.

Repair (replaced HDD) Details
Approximately 2 weeks ago I had to send my computer away to the Acer repair team because of a defective HDD. On oktober 15th I was in possession of my computer again, with the HDD replaced; and since day one I haven't been able to connect through WiFi.
I have two laptops sitting here, and they manage to connect just fine, so I am sure to say I find this very confusing and upsetting.
Before my computer was taken away, everything worked just fine. Nothing changed about the router/connection/key during that time, so I'm having trouble determining the cause of the issue.

Today I was bored enough to see if ethernet worked, and it does, but it's in no way handy for me to use this option. I need WiFi. Please, help me.

For people who need it, a short while ago I made a screenshot of the IP configurations (ipconfig/all) through the command prompt: http://i43.tinypic.com/inv3ph.jpg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-no-longer-works-after-having-recieved-new-hdd.197287/
Relevancy 24.51%

I had wireless internet with AT&T and everything was fine. Today I switched to Bright House and my laptop will not connect wirelessly to the router. I am able to use the ethernet cord to connect and my mobile devices connect to the wireless network with no problem. Please help ! My computer is an Acer and is operating on Windows 7

A:Ethernet works, wireless doesn't

Hey Ashp10. You had AT&T as your ISP, but now you are using Bright House, correct?. Did you have your own router when with AT&T or were you using a combo modem/router provided by them. How about with Bright House, are you using a box provided by them or are you using your own router?.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-works-wireless-doesnt.197034/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ever since my macbook pro went flat my hard drive no longer is recognised on the computer. it comes up with the first picture uploaded. when I go to disk utility I can not click verify disk or repair disk but can see the hard drive there. I have no idea how to fix this without losing everything on the hard drive. I have no other mac to plug into and I plugged it into a pc but it does not show up, however the sounds when you plug something in and out are there.

A:External Hard drive no longer works in my mac

since my macbook pro went flatClick to expand...

what does that mean?

the JPG attached strongly suggests the drive has issues

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-no-longer-works-in-my-mac.194702/
Relevancy 30.53%

Good morning everyone,

My database at work has hit a snag. Whenever I open it I get this error (see attach.) Once I click on yes, it still does not open. It just shows the loading circle (Vista) constantly...

A colleague and myself are the only ones who use this database - it holds 17,000+ files that we have to track. Hers works fine, albeit slowly.

Any help out there with this one? Always appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-access-database-issues.194266/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I m not Works Connect Won't Ethernet Wireless sure if this is in the right place but here goes Yesterday the wireless was going slow so I Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect accessed the router and changed the WPA Pre-Shared Key to something more complex and difficult to guess After that it would still connect to wireless but it wouldn t load pages quickly or at all Then it stopped connecting to my wireless network altogether I m writing this post with my Ethernet cable plugged in and it works perfectly fine I ran Windows troubleshooter while still able to connect to wireless Results were that the problem had something to do with Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect the DNS Server Since then I ve tried winsock fix flushdns ipconfig in cmd resetting the wireless WPA Pre-Shared Key back to the original changing the Preferred and Alternate DNS servers powering off my Thomson router I ve tried to cmd - ipconfig release renew but it says the media is disconnected and it can t perform that operation Any help would be great -Scott nbsp

A:Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect

How far is the computer from the router? Are there any walls,floors it has to go thru?
Personally, I'd stick with the ethernet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-works-wireless-wont-connect.193718/
Relevancy 24.08%
A:ApexDC++ works on my college network, but HFS does not. Can anyone explain why?

Did you see the firewall & port forwarding requirements here ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apexdc-works-on-my-college-network-but-hfs-does-not-can-anyone-explain-why.192140/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi
I have a desk top pc, which loads up and then I cant get onto the internet. We know we have internet as we run a laptop. I have tried a system restore, this has not made any difference. I have cleaded temporary internet files and run free avg 2013 to see if I have any viruses.
One day we can get on and the next we cant, any ideas? The computer also appears to be a little sluggish (only 2 years old).

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,

A:Desktop PC works intermittently

What operating system do you have?
have you tried re-installing the LAN driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-pc-works-intermittently.188421/
Relevancy 24.94%

Microphone Jack isnt working microphone isnt being read what is the problem the sound card or the Jacks themselves the mic isnt the problem cause it works on the laptop just not on the pc..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-works-on-one-system-but-not-another.189222/
Relevancy 24.51%

Anybody know what would make a monitor display for 10 seconds and then go black?
I can shut it off...turn back on and it displays again for 10 seconds and goes blank.
I have changed out cables. tried on several machines, and outputs, same result.
any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-works-for-10-seconds-then-goes-black.188677/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm taking a networking class and am stuck on a practice problem and was hoping someone could give me some guidance.

The first time port 1 receives information from port b. The second time port 2 receives information from source e. The third time port 1 now receives information from part c (over writing the data from the first time). How do I know ports 3 and 4?
For the second part of the question, the switch would transmit data on just the port connected to e, right?

A:Practice problem about a switch and it's database

Boy that is interesting, but imo not very practical. Please don't get me wrong, you're learning good stuff
and you will certainly benefit in the long run. But in truth, many classes are taught (in all fields of education)
because they can, not because the information is useful. I took a curriculum in which there were many classes
which were there only to round out the number of units to qualify for the degree.

Surely you've wondered "how can I use this?". A class on Router Design would be more beneficial.

Best wishes, Jeff

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/practice-problem-about-a-switch-and-its-database.186330/
Relevancy 24.08%

One of my many drive is the FreeAgent GoFlex Drive 1.5 TB pocket sized external drive - it works fine on every other computer but on mine it stopped working - actually when I plug it in to my computer it freezes my computer every time I plug it in however to unfreeze my computer all I have to do is unplug the drive (plug-in and unplug I mean connect and disconnect USB cable from my USB port on my computer).

I have a 700 watt Power supply and my other USB devices work just fine which includes all my other external hard drives - I did replace my Geforce 8800 GT grap[hics card with the Geforce GTx550 Ti graphics card.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

A:FreeAgent GoFlex Drive works on every computer but mine

Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port? It's possible that the port you are using is miswired and is putting out the wrong amount of voltage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeagent-goflex-drive-works-on-every-computer-but-mine.186007/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys I d really appreciate if anyone could give me some advice I m having a seriously frustrating problem with my computer monitor graphics card I have an LG flatron monitor Every time I go to start my computer in Screen works 640x480, only 64-bit Windows it switches off and the message quot analog power saving mode quot appears on the screen I can t turn it on after that unless I restart windows in x resolution When I do this the screen flashes with red lines and doesn t fit properly I ve checked to make sure all the cables are tight tried system restore when all else failed I even tried updating my graphics drivers but I can t get very far because the screen will turn off just as Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit they re finished updating The problem only occurred when I was sitting on a crappy cooking website which required no power Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit from my video card at all It was perfect for the last two years up until then Help Some additional details that probably won t help at all Name NVIDIA GeForce LE Chip Type GeForce LE DAC Integrated RAMDAC Approx total memory MB Current Display Mode x bit Hz Drivers Main driver nvd Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit dumx dll nvd dum Version Driver Model WDDM nbsp

A:Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit

The video card is probably dying... Time to invest in a little better card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-only-works-in-640x480-windows-64-bit.178587/
Relevancy 24.51%

I didnt have this issue until recently.

I can get a wirless connection no problem, but once I plug in my LAN cord I can't connect. If I disable my wireless I still can't get a connection. I tried going into device manager and deleting my Ethernt card, and rebooted. No luck there either. Any idea? Is there something I need to enable? Not super IT, but have looked at properties and everywhere else I can think of, but uI am posting here.......you can tell I am still stuck.

Thanks for your help!!

OS - Windows 7
Ethernet Card - Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

A:Wireless works, but no connection with LAN cord

The wired LAN port on the motherboard may be bad... Have you tried re-installing the Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller driver from the laptops manufacturer support website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-works-but-no-connection-with-lan-cord.178261/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi's to all.. am here in hopes I can get an idea for what might be happening. The monitor currently in use here working fine with a DELL pc.. Am puzzled over what is happening. With an atttempt to s simply connect this monitor to another pc it is not responding.. works with one but not the other??? Scratch my head.... the pc it is not working with has no OES. have win 7 to install in it.. The cable has a tight connection fit on both pc's.. Just got this pc back from a tech who had it hooked up to his monitor.. what could I look at to troubleshoot

A:Monitor works with one PC but not another

do you have a dedicated graphics card on the new computer? If so, make sure you are plugging the monitor into the correct one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-works-with-one-pc-but-not-another.177358/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I recently posted on this forum after having issues with my computer not booting Then the PSU literally blew up a day later Old System Specs Q MSI P N Diamond Silverpower sp w has good reviews just not well known Corsair GB HD The issue I had was turn on pc everything lights up but GPU fan spins at full speed as if it was getting no power or connecting to motherboard G-card will not boot at all I did however find a very strange work around To boot the machine I had to remove the pin CPU power on the motherboard Turn the machine on but no boot Turn it off and replace CPU power Turn machine back on and everything works perfectly So It seems that the card can never boot up from cold If I re-started it worked fine I now have a new motherboard cpu RAM and PSU Both motherboards work perfectly with my tester g-card New PC Parts I k Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Corsair TX w V The new one fails to boot at all even with various different power cables removed I cannot RMA card as it is No works fan kinda speed boot, card? mobo faulty on other - - full 5870 second-hand BY using my 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? trick on the old motherboard it works perfectly so the card actually works It s just having big issues accepting power to 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? boot Would flashing the g-card bios help This quote is from an article about flashing the g-card bios It seems to sum up my issue the video BIOS initializes the card As soon as it receives power from the motherboard the BIOS activates the card and identifies itself to the motherboard BIOS In short the video BIOS starts and identifies the card and provides its initial crop of settings However if I can get any advice on other things to try out then I will happily do them The PSU s are not at fault as There is the same issue with a new Antec PSU and my brand new Corsair TC w which is supposed to be one of the dogs bollox of PSU s Thanks in advance for your reply Ivan G-S nbsp

A:5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card?

Welcome to the world of custom building lol, my computer has similar problems that if i have had it turned off for more than 5 minutes it will not boot and keeps bluescreen until i do a clean boot with a power drain, my solution to that is do just set the bios on the MB to use a 1W standby and leave it in sleep mode always (reboot it every so often)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5870-no-boot-fan-full-speed-kinda-works-on-other-mobo-faulty-card.173944/
Relevancy 24.94%

According to PCI-SIG chairman Al Yanes, who S/A spoke with on the 14th, the new PCIE spec is already in the works...Do those people ever sleep???:rolleyes:

http://semiaccurate.com/2011/09/15/pci-express-is-on-a-quest-for-speed/

A:PCIE 4.0 in the works...

Yo! And PCI-E 3.0 hasn't even become implemented yet. No rest for the weary builder... :dead:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-4-0-in-the-works.170888/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi, sorry to be annoying with this again, but I spent 3 hours trying everything I could possibly find on the internet to no avail.
I've set up a static IP at 192.168.1.101, set Azureus to listen at TCP/UDP ports 53981 then went into my router and set up port forwarding with the aforementioned details. While I was browsing through that i noticed that Azureus works with the UPnP feature of the router, it even notified me itself that it established the connection.

However, when I use the NAT testing feature in Azureus (Vuze) it still says connection refused. Internet port checkers with the port 53981 still say the port is closed too. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: also disabled my software firewall, no help there either.

A:NAT error with Azureus even though UPnP works

get a command prompt and enter netstat -an ; the results are shown below
If your program is active, then the second column will contain 0.0.0.0:53981

Code:
Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
TCP 0.0.0.0:135 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:445 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:1028 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:3389 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:8019 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:44334 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:44501 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:1025 127.0.0.1:44334 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1028 127.0.0.1:1030 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1030 127.0.0.1:1028 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1031 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:1039 127.0.0.1:1040 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1040 127.0.0.1:1039 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1041 127.0.0.1:1042 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1042 127.0.0.1:1041 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4785 127.0.0.1:4786 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4786 127.0.0.1:4785 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4787 127.0.0.1:4788 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4788 127.0.0.1:4787 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:12080 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12110 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12143 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12993 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12995 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:19989 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:44334 127.0.0.1:1025 ESTABLISHED
TCP 192.168.0.4:139 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 192.168.0.4:4945 74.125.53.113:80 TIME_WAIT
UDP 0.0.0.0:445 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:1026 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:1029 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:4987 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:44334 *:*
UDP 127.0.0.1:123 *:*
UDP 192.168.0.4:123 *:*
UDP 192.168.0.4:137 *:*
UDP 192.168.0.4:138 *:*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nat-error-with-azureus-even-though-upnp-works.169895/
Relevancy 24.51%

I was trying to backup some files by putting them on a memory stick and saving them onto another pc but the memory stick only works with the vista machine. in the past it did work with with does the fact that it has hardly no space on it have anything to do with that.

Thanks for any help

A:USB memory stick works on Vista but not on XP

Hi

no.. space or remaining space is irrelevant.

what happens when you plug in the stick to the XP machine, does it see it, make any noises, etc
have you tried another USB device in the machine such as a camera, printer or webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-memory-stick-works-on-vista-but-not-on-xp.165882/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello everybody I am trying to build my first PC and I encountered some problems Any help is greatly appreciated Hardware CASE PSU iCAN PE- Mid ATX Case with W Power Supply CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition W Quad Core Socket AM GHz Mb Cache MHz HT nm HDZ FBGMBOX MOBO Gigabyte GA-MA LMT-S Socket AM AMD G SB Chipset ATI Radeon HD Graphics Dual-Channel DDR Mhz - Channel HD Audio Gigabit LAN x SATA Gb s x USB Micro fan LED nothing CPU New + works else powers build, up, ATX RAM G-Skill GB DDR MHz sticks of ram so GB total VIDEO Asus EAH SILENT DI GD LP ATI Radeon HD Chipset MHz GB Mhz GDDR Dual Display DVI HDMI D-Sub PCI-Express New build, CPU fan + LED powers up, nothing else works Graphics Card Problem Computer powers up CPU fans spin HDD and CD drives both power up Monitor is a blank screen and power light on the monitor keeps flashing like its sleeping Also there are no beeps What I tried - Made sure motherboard was sitting on pegs properly no short anywhere - Removed the RAM no beeps - Removed the CMOS battery and put it back in no luck - Reseated processor checked for bent pins - Monitor VGA cable works using it right now - Removed Video card and I m using on board VGA now At this point I am fresh out of ideas and I really dont want to think the motherboard or CPU is fried Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thank you to all responders in advance nbsp

A:New build, CPU fan + LED powers up, nothing else works

The thing that really sticks out for me is your power supply. If this came with the case be aware that with few exceptions most are junk. And with your hardware list I am highly doubtful you have enough power.

Utilize the following: http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Also, did you disable the onboard video in your BIOS since you have a video card installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-cpu-fan-led-powers-up-nothing-else-works.164546/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an IBM T41 XP SP2 that was connecting fine then connected for 5 min or so and had to reboot to get back on line. Now it wont connect at all unless in safe mode. Have 2 other computers in the house that work fine one is wired one is wireless. The one having issues will not work wired or wireless. Have tried adware virus scan search and destroy, and malware. Still no go. Thanks in advance.

Attached is my Hijack this log

A:Internet only works in safe mode

What were you doing that required you to reboot? A possible software installation or update that may have knocked the ethernet and wifi drivers out of wack.

have you checked your tcp/ip settings? are you getting an ip at all? is it set to dhcp or set to static ip?

Also when you open your browser in the network settings. It could be possible that theres a proxy ip in the settings. This can be caused by adware and spyware. Though you said scans came up clean, its still worth to check.

What browser are you running? Internet explorer, firefox, google chrome?

Also what antivirus/firewall software are you running.

I do see black ice in the hijackthis log.

Also have you checked device manager to see if there are any driver issues with the Ethernet card or wireless card? I highly doubt this is a driver issue. Not to often do i see both wired and wireless drivers go bad. But i have very rarely seen a computer lose all its drivers due to a virus.

Hijack this log really didnt really show me much that could cause the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-works-in-safe-mode.161632/
Relevancy 24.51%

I upgraded video card from a 5850 to a 6970. I get nothing but blue screen indicating a hardware problem. I tried to "fix" the problem numerous times but could not. I put the 5850 back in and everything is running smoothly.

FYI, I did make sure the correct driver was installed for each card.

I'm not sure why the 6970 would be causing my machine to blue screen.

I have a Gigabyte P55A UD3 board and an 850W Corsair modular PSU.

A:Motherboard works with ATI 5850 but not 6970

6970 is a fairly hefty graphics card, make sure your power supply is up to the job.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-works-with-ati-5850-but-not-6970.161505/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have looked everywhere for a solution for this problem I have I ve even gone to other forums to ask around and no one knows anything about this issue or how to fix it My system is an HP Sound works one with time window a at Pavillion Sound works with one window at a time dv notebook Intel R core TM Duo PC p GHz As far as my sound goes I have IDT High Definition Audio Codec NVIDIA High Definetion Audio Here s my issue My sound works when I have one browser open at a time I can watch netflix hulu youtube anything that has sound For only the first browser I have open However when I have multiple browsers open the sound won t work on the nd one Here are a few examples I used to play World of Warcraft If I logged on ventrilo and then WoW I would have sound for vent only If I logged onto WoW first and then vent my vent would have no sound I currently play league of legends The interface is in one browser and when a game starts it opens in a separate window Most of the time I have no sound when I am playing League I ve done almost everything I can think of to try to get sound to work I ve worked with computers for years and I am currently working on my A This seriously has me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Sound works with one window at a time

Which version of Windows are you running? and what Service Pack level? Are you current with all Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-works-with-one-window-at-a-time.161186/
Relevancy 24.51%

The *****s in my building keep pointing the antennas down the hall toward their rooms not realizing that they are decreasing their signal strength. I know that the signal comes out of the sides of the omni-directional antennas on the router, but no matter how many times i fix them someone comes behind me a messes it up. I need a simple clear picture that explains how this is a bad thing. I know someone here has seen such a thing. And yes I googled it to no avail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-picture-of-how-a-wifi-antenna-works.160176/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have uninstalled my norton and turned off every firewall i could find,turned addons off turned them on....can anyone help?

A:Internet only works in safe mode

Define Internet? Your internet browser or your connection?
Type:
Ping www.google.com
into command promt and see if you get ping replies.
If you do, it means you have internet but your browser doesn't, so it's either set up incorrectly or something (a crash?) caused something to be damaged. Try either reinstalling your browser or trying a new browser.

If you don't get ping replies, and you're not connected to the internet at all, that means that something that runs in normal mode (that doesn't in safe mode) is blocking your internet, or causing your connection settings to change. If your connection settings are all correct, then it may be a malicious program? I'm just guessing I dont know much in this field, but I would advise scanning for viruses and see what happens.

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-works-in-safe-mode.159811/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys,
I have an HP pavilion dv2915nr laptop and I broke the screen so I removed that and hooked it up to a spare monitor.
Everything was going great until I accidentally knocked out the video cable when I was using the computer and now, every time I turn on the computer, the display shows there's no signal right after the windows loading screen. It'll only work in safe mode or if I uninstall the display adapter driver.
I don't really know what happened - I hope I don't have to replace the graphics card or anything. Please help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-only-works-in-safe-mode-when-the-driver-is-uninstalled.159090/
Relevancy 24.51%

I recently went into my bios and was fiddling with the USB speed. I changed it from Hi Speed to Full Speed to check how fast it really was in comparison. When I realized I couldn't use my USB keyboard to get back *into* BIOS, I reset by using the jumpers.

Now I can use the keyboard, but I get an aggravating "Keyboard not Found" that I have to hit F1 to bypass. Worst part is, the option to disable it halting on keyboard not being found is already set to bypass it.

What could be causing this?

A:Keyboard not found on POST; Still works

Borrow a PS2 keyboard and see if the "Keyboard not Found" error stops. You might try getting back into the bios and select "load failsafe defaults". Legacy USB devices may have to be enabled

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-not-found-on-post-still-works.155185/
Relevancy 24.08%

Help! Now my standard VGA Graphic Adapter only works on my HP Pavilion dv9000? I have a Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS on this Laptop but now its not loading up right, on start-up? I had to, chip Rev for the Nvidia to get my laptop to work... or see anything on the screen? but now I can not play any game or watch movies correctly. HP are no help ether as my warranty has run out now, can anyone help me? I have attached some images of my display settings.

A:My standard VGA graphic adapter only works on my HP Pavilion dv9000?

If you are using Vista 32 bit go here an get the Video Card Drivers
If you are using Vista 64 bit go here an get the Video Card Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-standard-vga-graphic-adapter-only-works-on-my-hp-pavilion-dv9000.154156/
Relevancy 24.08%

About 3 months ago the mouse pad started working in reverse.
If I drag the finger to left the curser goes right and if I drag the finger in up direction,
the curser goes down.
It is very confusing. Does any one have an idea about what should be done?

I will appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

A:Sony VGN-S2750N mouse pad works in reverse

Are you sure VGN-S2750N is the model number of your Sony VAIO?

1.) Start
2.) Run
3.) type and enter "dxdiag"
4.) System Model should be listed some where in the middle of that page.

I must say, that is an odd problem which sounds like a prank. lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vgn-s2750n-mouse-pad-works-in-reverse.153205/
Relevancy 23.65%

My laptop can connect wirelessly to my network but it cannot connect via it s wired NIC Actually skype will still work but outlook mail and browsers do not The Wired fine other. one Wireless is issue: works home, DHCP at not the cat cable is Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine ok I Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine have tested it on another computer The NIC is ok My wired connection works just fine at my other house let s call it Location which Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine has a similar setup So in summary At Location my wireless connection receives an expected DHCP IP Address of At location my wireless AND wired connections both receive expected addresses I don t connect them at the same time At Location here is the problem my wired connection receives a crazy address When I ipconfig release and renew this wired address it doesn t change Any ideas Thanks Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address ------- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d d ed f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August AM Default Gateway fe aff fefb b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address -------- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe xxxxxx Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway fe aff fefb b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled My configuration is Cable modem - gt DIR- router - gt dlink -port gigabit switch then off the -port switch are DAP- wireless access point extender -port dlink gigabit switch Windows pc s XP pc s a bunch of stereo equipment tv xbox etc nbsp

A:Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine

kcrouse96h said:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-------
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c959:894d:d1ed:6f%12(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 116.86.68.15(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.254.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::226:5aff:fefb:5b26%12
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 172.17.0.48
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00--------
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80xxxxxx(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.30(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::226:5aff:fefb:5b26%11
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : EnabledClick to expand...

Notice that the WiFI IPv4 address and the gateway+dns addresses are all on the same subnet (a requirement :grinthumb )
The Wired Nic is a mess; the IPv4 address is not connected to the same gateway + DNS subnet.

For Win/XP, uninstall IPv6;
For your Win/7 just disable IPv6 and reboot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-dhcp-issue-works-at-one-home-not-the-other-wireless-is-fine.151171/
Relevancy 24.08%

hi guys a little help here.. just installed a sapphire radeon hd2600 pro into pc and did not know about connecting the power wire to the board. anyway cut a long story short it works fine and the power wire still not connected??? should i connect it or leave it as it is?
thanks
regards...bob

A:Power supply not connected on Radeon HD 2600 Pro but works?

Cards like that in a normal environment will operate fine without external power, but once a load is put onto the card it will most likely become unstable. Go ahead and connect it to save yourself problems in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-not-connected-on-radeon-hd-2600-pro-but-works.150866/
Relevancy 24.08%

I bought a Belkin G Wireless Router about 8 months back.

Starting a few weeks ago, I've had to set a static IP address to my recently built computer (sitting at 192.168.2.10 right now) for it to not disconnect every few minutes.

I then noticed that no wireless devices (tested with 2 Laptops and Ipod Touch) could connect. If I restarted the router and did NOT connect anything to it, it would connect with local access only. If I attempt to set the router up using the CD that came with the packaging, it claims it cannot connect to the internet, and then proceeds to actually kick me off the net.

Does anyone have any clue what coulda caused this?

As far as I know, I've not changed anything.

A:Cannot connect to Wireless, but wired works fine, with kinks

Which OS? Is the NIC adapter (USB, PCI, PC-Card Bus, miniPCI (onboard))

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-wireless-but-wired-works-fine-with-kinks.150288/
Relevancy 24.51%

the title says it all. my sound has no problem running. says its fine, the drivers are installed. everything. plays music, i can watch/listen to videos on the internet or downloaded to my comp. but whenever i start a game. esspecially AA3, AA2, Arma the audio will stop working throughtout THE WHOLE computer untill you restart it not just ingame. i've tryed waiting there but it wont come back until you reboot the system. then its fine again.

i've been trying to figure this out for a full day and havent got any sleep yet. i dunno what else to try. i use to have xp sp3 32bit but i uninstalled sp3 to sp2 because i have realtek and it's said realtek has a big problem with sp3. i'll upload the diax stuff or whatever. if there's anything else wrong tell me.

A:Sound works until I play games

here is an error msg when the audio isn't working and i go to trobleshoot on there. idk if it will help

DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-works-until-i-play-games.149422/
Relevancy 21.5%

Note I m running Windows XP installed through Bootcamp on a Macbook Pro quot Late model Recently I found with but display? screen "dead", still Laptop is works out my laptop screen no longer functions when using Windows XP It boots up normally gets past Laptop screen is "dead", but still works with display? the quot welcome quot screen and then reaches my desktop It stays fine for a few seconds then suddenly goes black I tried shining a flashlight to see if it was Laptop screen is "dead", but still works with display? a lamp Laptop screen is "dead", but still works with display? problem but there was no quot faint outline quot of anything meaning its not the lamp s problem However I know my laptop s still running because of the fan noise and the beeping sounds Then I tried plugging my laptop to my Phillips T quot display and everything worked fine I could see my desktop and everything normally I also booted in Mac OSX and things worked fine too both on the display and on the laptopscreen No black screen there but only while using Windows on the laptop screen itself This means its not a video card problem either Any advice help Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop screen is "dead", but still works with display?

Try booting into Safe Mode (pressing F8 on startup) and select VGA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-is-dead-but-still-works-with-display.146455/
Relevancy 24.51%

Just to let you guys know, I'm new so forgive any mistakes.

The title says it all.

I get a replacement GPU (GT240) because my first GPU stopped working. The first time I install the card, nothing comes up on the monitor so I plug my D-Sub cable back into my integrated graphics. I download the new drivers. I restart my computer and what do you know my gpu works. All this was done at night by the way. The next day when I wake up, I turn on my computer. Nothing appears on my screen. I still have D-Sub plugged into my gpu. On the monitor it says "no signal".

I should enough power. I have a 450w Corsair PSU.
My first GPU (actually second) was a GIGABYTE GT 240 1GB DDR3
The replacement is an ASUS (they didn't have another GIGABYTE card) GT 240 1GB DDR3

A:New Graphics, Works Once, Doesn't Work Again!

Uninstall all existing drivers and display devices in device manager and add or remove programs. Download driver sweeper and run in windows normal and safe mode. Reinsert new graphics card and go to nvidia's website to download newest drivers.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-works-once-doesnt-work-again.145652/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an EVGA 750i SLI FTW motherboard and recently (after moving the motherboard to a different case) there is no sound coming from the rear ports. When I connect headphones to the front, the sound works. Is it a sound card problem (I'm using the integrated card)? It's not a big deal, I can just pick up one for 20-30 bucks but I just want to know the problem beforehand. Thanks in advance.

A:Sound issues: back ports not working, front (headphone) port works

the front ports are most-likely canceling out the rear ports, unless you've dealt with a similar setup that worked fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-issues-back-ports-not-working-front-headphone-port-works.145564/
Relevancy 24.08%

A little help here? Thanks... I have 30+ pc's. Just installed a new Netgear WNDR3300 router. After finally getting it configured correctly, the wireless works great. I put a jumper to one of the 2 Cisco 2950-24 switches and no connection for hard wired systems. I inherited this setup. The WAN is setup to work with the modem from the ISP and is good to go. As I said, I have a cat5 jumper to one switch and it has a jumper to the other switch. Is there a way to reset the swiches? Or should they be? I checked Cisco online and found nothing definitive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:New router works great switches are inop

Did you try a crossover cable from the Netgear router to the Cisco 24-port 2900 series manage switch. I use to have one of these at work. I always use a crossover cable with it. On 3750 series we daisy chain them 24-port into 48-port.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-router-works-great-switches-are-inop.144588/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,
ive been having a problem lately.
i have a radeon 4670 HD and my monitor is a samsung T220.
and my problem is, every time i activate AA in any game, it just wont function.
when i force it through the driver manager, it works but the game slows down to a halt.
am i doing something wrong? can you guys help?

Thanks!

A:AA never works

what games are you playing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aa-never-works.142739/
Relevancy 24.08%

I bought a GT about a longer Graphics card works no (9500gt) year ago i dont really play many games and only wanted it so i could run monitors It used to work for me on Vista but I have recently upgraded to windows I had a nightmare yesterday i managed to mess with the registry and Vista wouldnt start up Graphics card no longer works (9500gt) then i smelt something burning and turned the comp off I removed Graphics card no longer works (9500gt) about a kilo of dust and started it back up it still stunk and shut itself off i swapped the power supply with one from an old computer Graphics card no longer works (9500gt) however its higher watts i think and it then worked i then bought windows and thats when my graphics card problems started My computer just doesnt seem to recognise that it is in there the fan is still going around so it is recieving power but when i plug either monitor in it doesnt work stays on standby - my onboard graphics works I formatted the hard drive before installing windows Not sure what i can do so i would appreciate any help If you need more details then I can get them Apologies for the unstructured babbling i just wanted to make sure the timeline of events ie switching the power supply was all there Thanks Evan nbsp

A:Graphics card no longer works (9500gt)

Have you installed the nVidia Forceware driver for WIndows 7 ? Make sure you get the one for the appropriate operating system 32 bit or 64 bit.
Have you removed the card and physically checked it's condition?- Is there any lingering burnt smell or obvious scorch marks? if no then...

If your graphics card is branded (i.e Asus, Gigabyte, XFX etc) then go the the manufacturers website and download from there, if not then nVidia's latest Forceware driver (195.62) is available from the nVidia site here
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If you have the driver downloaded already and the card does not appear in the System Device Manager then uninstall the card (uninstall the driver- use Driver Sweeper in preference to "Add and Remove Programs") Driver Sweeper here: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html

Reboot and install the driver- if the card is not recognised then it's probably time for a new card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-no-longer-works-9500gt.141026/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi all I got a linksys cable modem which I am on works Cable D-link to modem internet. alone won't router setup though now and a Dlink WBR- Router First problem I have is that I can t get the router to connect to the internet I plug in everything right go through the online setup and after i push the connect button it either freezes or just goes right back to log in screen I also tried this in all browsers IE MOZILLA SAFARI Everything was working until my mom did something stupid and reseted the dlink router I also can t get my linksys modem to connect to xbox live to play D-link router won't setup to internet. Cable modem alone works though cod lol but I could always connect it when I had my router and modem hooked up I am running Windows D-link router won't setup to internet. Cable modem alone works though Vista and heres my ipconfig from the computer connected with the cable modem no router If anyone needs anything else please ask Microsoft D-link router won't setup to internet. Cable modem alone works though Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users user gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name SteffzJoint Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - E- - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E-EC-D -F -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a a b f e d e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday November PM Lease Expires Sunday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B-B -CE- - E-EC-D -F -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C F B-F - CE- - E FAFC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address aa eb aa eb Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a ef e e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe a ef e e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AC C F - CE- E -B B - BEC B br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users user gt nbsp

A:D-link router won't setup to internet. Cable modem alone works though

Hi;
I think I know what your problem is.

You need to reboot both the cable modem and the router, but it needs to be in this order:

Unplug power from both devices.

Re-check that all data cables are properly connected.

Wait at least 30 seconds

Re-connect power to he router ONLY

Wait for the router to complete boot (usually about 10 seconds or so)

Re-connect power to the cable modem, and wait for it to complete boot.

Router should indicate it had WAN connection, and cable modem should indicate that it has all connections.

Re-check your browser.

If this does not work, re-post. I have more steps, but I think this is all you will have to do.

The reason for this re-booting process is that when power is removed from the router, the cable modem tends to forget the address of the router.
The router needs to be fully booted before the cable modem is powered up, so that it will find the router.

I have always had to follow this procedure after a power outage.
I have cable modem from Cablevision (Optonline) in New Jersey.

Hope this works for you.

FW

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-router-wont-setup-to-internet-cable-modem-alone-works-though.138061/
Relevancy 24.51%

Tech Report got their hands on the Lucid Hydra load balancing chip. The chip (in theory) will allow not only two different types of mixed models of the same brand to work in unisone , but also ATI and Nvidia products to work together, in essence crossing SLI and Crossfire to work as one. The problem is that it allegedly is already facing resistance from Nvidia for infringing on its SLI licensing. Many here on Techspot have stated that they have been delaying purchases in anticipation of this new tech, and it it appears that it may be delayed even further over an upcoming legal issue over proprietary issues.
http://www.techreport.com/articles.x/17934/1

another report from PC Perspective

http://pcper.com/article.php?aid=815&type=expert

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lucid-hydra-works-kind-of.137896/
Relevancy 21.07%

OK soo i have my Phenom 9600BE on a XFX 750a with 4 gigs OCZ sli 800mhz
when i clear bios it boots right up, if i save bios the exact same as cleared it doesnt run doesnt even make it to bios and sticks with SP on the mobo error thing
also i cracked off a corner peice of the cpu slot removing my old CPU..still runs and detects fine.. doesnt over heat.. when ever i reset bios and use the HDD selection boot thing it gets to windows detected all 4 cores and now im just confused im using bios 1.4 since 1.5 disables sli and just adds support for Phenom II cpus..Any ideas anyone?

A:Clear Bios Works Set Bios dont

and about that cracked plastic ( i dont know how lol) but it just came right off with the CPU im guessing overheat cool overheat weakened it maybe?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clear-bios-works-set-bios-dont.134296/
Relevancy 24.08%

Specs - PC Chips A G mother board BIOS just flashed with the update - x Western Digital WD EADS TB hard drives set up as a RAID - Fresh install of Windows XP using the F function to install the RAID drivers updated to Service Pack I can provide more system information if it will help I just upgraded my home-built desktop from a single G IDE hard drive to a RAID with dual TB SATA drives with a fresh install of XP using the F option and installing the required RAID drivers The system runs great but it would not power down after shutting XP down After flashing the BIOS with the update things get weirder The machine still doesn t power down when I shut down XP but will shut down if I requested will but not works when fine, reboot Computer hold the power button for seconds or so However if I press the Reset button on the front of the case the machine shuts down instantly but does not reboot When I select quot Restart quot from the shut down menu the machine shuts down instead of rebooting Computer works fine, but will not reboot when requested Even further if I go into the BIOS menu then exit the machine shuts down instead of rebooting The XP install is new this weekend so if I need to do something major it isn t a big deal Is there some sort of BIOS setting that I have wrong or is something corrupt The machine ran completely normally with the G IDE drive Thoughts Thanks Jimal nbsp

A:Computer works fine, but will not reboot when requested

This appears to be a RAID issue, try disabling RAID and pulling one of your hard drives see if that changes anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-works-fine-but-will-not-reboot-when-requested.132366/
Relevancy 24.94%

I will try to be as descriptive as possible Any questions and I will happily answer them I bought a quot screen to use for my computer to replace my previous quot Needless to say it was a little bigger than I thought so I went back to my quot However now my computer only gets past the Windows XP DVI not works does and input VGA loading bar and then the screen says quot Frequency not supported quot I coudln t figure out why this was happening since it worked fine both before and with the giant screen To troubleshoot I had a DVI-VGA converter my video card has both and it worked perfectly fine when I used that I used another quot in monitor I had DVI input works and VGA does not lying around so I put it in the VGA port and it worked fine I a assume that something happened between the quot screen and reverting to the quot but I am still stuck Of course I can leave it in the DVI slot but I don t want to if I don t have to Thanks in advance nbsp

A:DVI input works and VGA does not

start the pc in safe mode and remove the video card driver in device manager,,reboot and let windows reinstall the video card.

job done

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvi-input-works-and-vga-does-not.133646/
Relevancy 24.08%

hi,
i recently removed (i think) a variety of viruses like the trojans, rootkit.tdss etc from my computer but during removal it has made my sound stop working. I have tried to reinstall the drivers but nothing! Can anyone help?

A:Horrible virus disabled my sound but works on ubuntu?

Your systems OS (Windows) was damaged by the Virus infection. A clean Windows install may be needed. Ubuntu still functions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/horrible-virus-disabled-my-sound-but-works-on-ubuntu.133602/
Relevancy 24.08%

I just replaced a system board and double-checked to make sure everthing is plugged in right. So I turned it on and the backlight on the lcd screen goes on, but no words come up, so I connected an external monitor and that works fine. Any ideas? do I have a bad system board? I also tried to install new memory and it just beeps at me until i put the old memor yback in, and that works fine.

A:No lcd video on laptop but works fine on an external monitor

Regarding the memory, maybe tell us the specs of your motherboard and the two types of RAM you tested?

No idea about the monitoir. Maybe some wires plugged improperly. What happens if you use your old motherboard instead?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-lcd-video-on-laptop-but-works-fine-on-an-external-monitor.132815/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello my name is Alex I have followed the no post guide on this forum but Sometimes to fine sometimes fails POST, works have not solved my problem specially since I get unconsistent results My year old Dell inspiron Sometimes fails to POST, sometimes works fine e out of warranty CORE DUO T quot WXGA X RAM MB X MH GB SERIAL ATA CELL W HR LI-ION ATI MOBILITY RADEON X WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER XP SP About a month ago it started to fail Sometimes fails to POST, sometimes works fine to POST after several attempts it would finally boot If I restart it works fine only on Cold boots will it fail to POST and after several attempts or just leaving the fans running for minutes and booting again it will work When i works i have run full dell BIOS diagnostics and everything is fine By pressing mute and power i get LED feedback on the POST failure support dell com support topics global aspx support dsn en document c us amp cs amp dl false amp l en amp s dhs amp docid DBECF CFEDA CB E D A amp doclang en I normally get a still flash flash code which means Description Turning Sometimes fails to POST, sometimes works fine on the LCD panel after video configuration Actions Reseating the LCD cable Replacing the LCD panel Replacing the video card I have followed the no POST guide on this site Dispersing internal Voltage resetting the CMOS by extracting the coin battery for a minute Switching around the RAM Opening up the laptop and securing the lcd to video card plug All of these produced irregular results sometimes it works others it doesn t Sometimes while pressing mute and power the computer boots into bios diagnostics mode showing a flash flash still LED code witch means Description The video card is preventing the system from completing POST Action Replacing the video card Replacing the system board but it boot without problems into the diagnostics test passes all test and then boots normally into windows Any help will be greatly appreciated It is not currently a fatal problem since it always boots after minutes running without booting But i don t want my motherboard dying suddenly or if it is a connection in the LCD i would like confirmation before pulling it all apart to check loose cables I have taken apart computers but am certainly not an expert Thank you Alex nbsp

A:Sometimes fails to POST, sometimes works fine

Replace the Dell power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sometimes-fails-to-post-sometimes-works-fine.129484/
Relevancy 23.65%

hello could someone help me with this first of all yes i have read many posts on similar topics and all of them ring a bell but none monitor works on external Mobility x1000: Radeon 9200 only ATI Presario fits my problem or then i haven t found that one so idecided to actually join one of those forums the story so far i got this compaq presario x laptop for free because the monitor is not working actually it would display everything but without the blacklight so after a while i diagnosed that the inverter is not working anymore so now i Presario x1000: ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 works only on external monitor am using an external monitor lg flatron lm res x i think the laptop itself has x graphic card ati mobility radeon although everst says driver for the radeon series have also tried radeon series both work nicely on the external monitor everything was peaceful until yesterday when i was playing with a program called Presario x1000: ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 works only on external monitor smac spoofing my comps mac address had to reboot and both monitors are working but only until windows starts loading drivers then it s again only the external monitor though it seems that the backlight is active now but the screen is black immediately i tried to get the monitor working by installing and uninstalling drivers wiping all ati drivers away with driver cleaner try again for many hours the result is always the same the laptop s monitor works nicely with vga and the external too but goes black when i install the ati driver then the external monitor works nicely all d accelerations and clear sharp picture and everything and in windows display settings it ALWAYS recognizes the external monitor as the first and the internal as the second and ALWAYS the internal is grayed out inactive can t change it to primary can t expand the desktop onto it btw when i got the laptop i wiped it totally clean and installed winxp sp and all with the external monitor connected had some trouble installing video drivers never managed to install the ati catalyst driver suite - it always returned a fatal error no video driver installed haha - but installed drivers manually instead same thing now with my recent tries there was a few variations sometimes the standby option was grayed out when i switched the computer off and sometimes i got some garbled graphics on the internal monitor when i set the reolution of the external monitor to the same value as the internal monitor and sometimes i m not sure is the backlight not working or is the screen blank but it always works in safe mode or vga and for a long time i tried all kinds of things without the external monitor thinking that maybe windows or the driver defines it as the primary display but always with the same results can anybody help with this please thanks daniel nbsp

A:Presario x1000: ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 works only on external monitor

You will need to install the Microsoft .NET Framework software to be able to use the AMD/ATI Catalyst software

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/presario-x1000-ati-mobility-radeon-9200-works-only-on-external-monitor.128953/
Relevancy 24.51%

Over the past week my Internet has been dropping out after half an hour to an hour of being connected. I can't access any websites on either Internet Explorer or Firefox but MSN and downloads still continue to work. When I restart my computer it is connected to the Internet again but as this has to be done so frequently it gets very annoying.

I am running Vista but have never had these problems before. The other computers in my house are working fine and even my brother's laptop isn't having these issues even though it's the same model as mine. Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem is and how I could fix it? Thanks in advance.

A:Internet drops out randomly but MSN still works

I can't access any websites on either Internet Explorer or Firefox but MSN and downloads still continue to work.Click to expand...

Fully describe the IE and FF failures to access AND we must assume a connection to MSN is already established before the first IE or FF failure.

Try this sequence as documentation;
get a CMD prompt (run->cmd)
enter nslookup google.com
run MSN and IE/FF until failure
rerun nslookup google.com
If (b) retrurns IP addresses and (d) fails, then your DNS has been changed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-randomly-but-msn-still-works.122051/
Relevancy 24.08%

I need an DIRECT ANSWER .. TY!!!

DDR !!!

A:AGP8X video card works in AGP4X slot?

YES! The AGP8X card is backwards compatible, but it will only run in 4X

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp8x-video-card-works-in-agp4x-slot.128209/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello .. I just want to ask what is the best AGP4x video card

A:Video Card that works with agp 4x

i believe the ati 3650 is

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-that-works-with-agp-4x.127106/
Relevancy 24.08%

hi guys, i was watching a movie on my computer when all of a sudden the screen went black and nothing would show up on it. so i shut it off using the power button and tried turning it on. the thing boots up well and i can even hear the windows login sound but i cant see it on screen. not the bios/not the desktop, nothing. its just a black screen. so i tried to plug in the monitor into my onboard graphics and it worked. so what could be my problem ? its a e-vga 7600gt

A:Black screen with 7600GT, onboard works

It is possible that the video card just went bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-with-7600gt-onboard-works.125893/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have computers hooked up to Linksys EtherFast -port Auto Sensing Switch EZXS W using Cox s Motorola SURFboard modem My computer is XP Pro SP P GHz with GB of RAM nd computer is XP Home SP Celeron D with GB of RAM Compaq Presario SR NX We were able to share network longer Home no works the printer and file a couple weeks ago and now all of a sudden we can t I noticed my brother was grayed out in McAfee s Network Manager and EasyNetwork and I was the same way on his Did a search about it and saw the tool McAfee offered for a network problem Home network no longer works and ran it That seemed to make things worse because now we do not exist to each other Tried setting up a network through Windows but Home network no longer works it s not working Ran ipconfig all and there is a couple differences that I don t know how to fix st computer mine WIndows IP Configuration host name az primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled Yes DNS Suffix Search List ph cox net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connnection Connection-specific Home network no longer works DNS Suffix ph cox net Description Intel R Pro VE Network Connection Physical Address - - -DB-E - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers nd computer my brother s WIndows IP Configuration host name dragon primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ph cox net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connnection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ph cox net Description Realtek RTL X Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - -D -D -E - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers nbsp

A:Home network no longer works

Remove the McAfee and Easy Network software. Run a registry/virus cleaner, reset the Linksys router to default settings, and rerun the Linksys setup

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-no-longer-works.125000/
Relevancy 24.51%

My problem is twofold One My PC won t recognise the hard disk when it s cold At bootup it recognises everything on secondary IDE but nothing on primary Is this a safety precaution or a symptom of malfunction Two My CD burner only occasionally burns It works fine in most other ways occasionally giving me a CRC error when copying EXEs The burn LED only flashes when it is working and it never gives me coasters My guess is it s software but this is just a guess Suggestions to replace the drive Start Cold Burner works & sometimes will not solve the problem Reinstalling drivers didn t help checking device manager settings were correct didn t help Enabling IMAPI service in windows didn Cold Start & Burner sometimes works t help Help CPU AMD Athlon XP Mobo FICA AU Nforce chipset MCP APU PSU W stock runs everything fine GFX ati radeon x xt latest catalyst Memory gb amp mb DDR dual channel HDD gb swapfile gb OS XP SP I ll post a Hijackthis log or anything else you might need on request nbsp

A:Cold Start & Burner sometimes works

Hi

have you tried using another PSU, it may be voltage fluctuation .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cold-start-burner-sometimes-works.123538/
Relevancy 24.08%

I just recently bought a computer that came with 8GB of memory, and i installed windows vista 64 bit in it and it worked fine, but after i shut it down, and turned it back on, the pc goes on fine but monitor doesn't receive signal, but when i take out two sticks of memory and have just 4GB in, it works just fine. Does anyone know why this would happen and how i can run the 8GB i have?

A:PC works fine with 4GB of Memory but Monitor wont turn on with 8GB?

Either one of the memory sticks is bad, or a memory socket on the mothboard is bad. Try removing all the RAM and reinstall it, carefully making sure all the RAM is installed properly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-works-fine-with-4gb-of-memory-but-monitor-wont-turn-on-with-8gb.123317/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi folks
I have a lab for repairing laptops and i came up to a common problem with these series D600, D500 when used with a fake cheap AC adapter caused the laptop to stop working with AC and now it works only with charged battery even if i'm connecting it with a brand new original dell AC adapter.

I assume it damaged something in the DC convertion on the MoBo, maybe a dead voltage regulator / diode or a bad capacitor but i'm not able to track it down

any help or point for direction will be much appriciated.....

A:Dell D600 no AC, works only on battery

I don't know if the Dell D600 has a separate DC board or the DC regulator is part of the motherboard. Maybe the DC jack is broken...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d600-no-ac-works-only-on-battery.122405/
Relevancy 24.51%

I bought a -Gig generic Flash drive off Everything! USB not with USB 2.0/XP Pro drive home works Tried but 1.1/XP Flash ebay I knew it was risky but it was only after shipping The first Tried Everything! Flash drive works with USB 1.1/XP home but not USB 2.0/XP Pro computer I tired it on was Tried Everything! Flash drive works with USB 1.1/XP home but not USB 2.0/XP Pro my home computer Its an older dell with a Pentium III running XP home The computer recognized the drive just fine and of coarse gave me the little pop up saying it won t work Tried Everything! Flash drive works with USB 1.1/XP home but not USB 2.0/XP Pro as good since I don t have any USB ports Other than that it works just fine So then I take the flash drive to work The computers at work have XP pro and have USB ports The drive is recognized it says it detected the new hardware the light on the flash drive flashes for a while then goes solid for about seconds then just goes off The icon to safely remove the hardware s is there but other than the drive becomes invisible to everything but devise manager which says it is working properly When you click on the properties to the flash drive it shows bytes available and bytes being used If I have the disk manager up while I plug the flash drive in it will show up under my C drive and it will show it having a gig capacity I ve read every post and tried everything and it still won t work So if anyone has any ideas let me know Thanks nbsp

A:Tried Everything! Flash drive works with USB 1.1/XP home but not USB 2.0/XP Pro

USB Flash drive issue

2 possible causes for this problem (that I can think of)

1 the computers at work may have had usb flash drives disabled as a security measure by the system admin. This is common. Work systems have sensitive information that must stay within the intranet (office network) and not be removed, such as customer files, client lists, etc.
2 the USB 2.0 flash drive MAY have been removed from the USB 2.0 port without shutting down the device (safely remove hardware), this basically FUBARs the flash drives usb 2.0 functionality, but it will still work at a reduced speed on USB 1.1 or USB 1.0. (found out the hard way... and yes it sucks)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tried-everything-flash-drive-works-with-usb-1-1-xp-home-but-not-usb-2-0-xp-pro.67259/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi all,

I have an Aztech ADSL 2/2+ modem and a Dlink DGL4300 wireless router.

I set up my modem and when wired to my pc, it works.
I followed the manual to install the wireless router, so that my pc is now connected to the wireless router, but somehow I'm not able to get the internet.

It works again when i replug my pc direct to the modem.

Can any1 help me please?

I set up my wireless router to connect to internet via PPPoE, settings are fine. do i need to reset anything and in any particular order?

Thanks,

Tom

A:Wired to modem works, but wired to router does not

tom4u said:

I set up my wireless router to connect to internet via PPPoE, settings are fine. do i need to reset anything and in any particular order?Click to expand...

The modem has the PPPoE connection; Your wireless connection to the router should be straight ethernet

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-to-modem-works-but-wired-to-router-does-not.118642/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello type Keyboard works, won't all I have been a long time reader but this is my first time to post After coming in from out of town and turning on my computer the keyboard is having issues typing If I hold down a key the letter or number will appear after to seconds However all the shortcut keys and function keys work fine The keyboard works fine in the bios It is a USB keyboard and so I swapped it with my backup keyboard No dice with that one either and I tried to use a Keyboard works, won't type PS adapter guess what No luck I built this computer and am usually pretty good with this stuff but Keyboard works, won't type I am at a loss I have to think it is windows or something I tried reloading the software driver also Checked all the USB ports in device manager No yellow question marks Unplugged all other USB devices Ran all the Windows Troubleshooting options and it gave me nothing This thing worked fine days ago It is XP x if that helps Anyone have a clue Thank you so much nbsp

A:Keyboard works, won't type

Solution

I found the solution. After much deliberation it was simply in the Accessibility Options. For some reason the Filter Keys check box got checked. I have no idea how or why this happened but for anyone that cares, this is the fix.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-works-wont-type.118342/
Relevancy 24.94%

I just got a whole new computer, 2.5ghz core 2 quad, 1333fsb , a Elitegroup P45T-A motherboard, nvidia 9800gt, 4 gigabyes 800mhz ram, and xp 32 bit. I know it only recognises 3.25gigs of ram, im gettin 64 bit later.

My problem is the Realtek HD Audio Drivers dont really work.
I installed the drivers that came with my motherboard, and everything but the audio works.
The only application that sound works for is Ventrillo, and its barely, because i can specify what drivers to use. It sais no mixer availible, but i can hear people talk.
In everything else, no sound works.
I reinstalled drivers, and i checked control Pannel>sound and audio>- and it sais no audio device connected.

Anyone know whats wrong?
Thanks

A:Sound Works Selectively

Did you build this system, or did someone else?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-works-selectively.116946/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have setup remote access to a XP machine via RDP and it has been working fine for the last months Recently the user started to complain Works Once Only RDP that her remote access is not RDP Works Once Only working and after rebooting she has access to her PC remotely again but only once If you reboot the PC and dont log in you can access the PC remotely but only once if you log out you can t log in again you get a message saying that a remote session could not be established If you reboot the PC and log in locally you can t access the PC remotely again same message as above untill the PC is rebooted The RDP listener seems to be working netstat -a shows the port open and listening It seems to me that some rouge service is stopping RDP from working I have checked the services that are running but see nothing unusual I have questioned the user as to new software installed which may have caused this problem but am assured nothing has been installed Any Ideas Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:RDP Works Once Only

Have you updated XP to Service Pack 3?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rdp-works-once-only.115999/
Relevancy 24.08%

I dual boot with xp pro sp2 and vista ultimate. When ever on vista my sound will go in and out. As in Ill play a song one minute, and the next nothing will play and I will get no sound at all from anything (i.e. Games, Videos). I also have k-lite codec pack. Again I won't make any changes, the sound just stops working. Also the video playback gets extremely slow. Thanx.

A:Vista Ultimate - Sound Works Half the TIme

Have you verified the driver versions you have running with Vista vs. what's available at the MSI support site. Click here for the downloads for your Mobo. (I provided a link but YOU need to verify that link is correct for your system)

Also verify the BIOS version installed. Don't be quick to update BIOS tho. Read this first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-ultimate-sound-works-half-the-time.115393/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi,

I have asus p5q for now and 2X320Gb sata drives in Raid 0. For example of my motherboard failure , can i then use this raid array on another motherboard and pc.

Can I even use this raid on the same model motherboard.If so will this motherboard recognise drives automaticaly or i still need to create raid using on-board-raid-controler software that i used to make raid first.

A:Does Raid Works When I Change Motherboard

Same motherboard should be no problem.

Equal (same chipset) motherboard, might work.

Different chipset motherboard, likely a redo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-raid-works-when-i-change-motherboard.114988/
Relevancy 24.08%

I had recently installed an ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics card and ever since then the keyboard and mouse cause problems.The Keyboard will work in the BIOS screen but once XP loads up the mouse doesnt work nor does the keyboard. I am not sure if the mouse works in the BIOS since that only requires the keyboard. Not sure why the new video card would cause this problem. Also tried resetting the ESCD and used the windows XP Setup CD -R but without success. Have tried booting with different keyboard and mouse that were wired but still nothing. I have tried using the PS/2 converter but that too doesnt work, along with using a regular PS/2 keyboard and mouse but still nothing.
My Specs:
Keyboard and Mouse: Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 4000

A:Keyboard works in BIOS but not in XP Login Screen

Stick to the PS/2 keyboard until you get that one working, Only then move to USB.

Now, you did power off the computer, plug in the PS/2, then powered on, right? PS/2 is not hot-pluggable.

What if you boot into Safe Mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-works-in-bios-but-not-in-xp-login-screen.81589/
Relevancy 24.94%

Well a couple of days ago I found many trojans spyware items on my pc so I downloaded Spyware Doctor and a few other spyware programs after a while I got quot what I believe to be all no works Sound longer My the trojans etc off my pc quot I later noticed that my sound did not work and sound symbol did not appear in the lower corner of my screen I have looked up any and everything I could find on this and nothing seems to work when I go to my Device manager My Sound no longer works nothing shows up at all just a blank white screen I have tried downloading the drivers from the official website and that does not work either also when I click on add hardware icon nothing happens at all there either Im lost and dont know what to do I have Realtek AC my pc is a Gateway dual core bit proc dont know a ton about pc s but enough to understand a little above average nbsp

A:My Sound no longer works

Have a look at:

Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sound-no-longer-works.113854/
Relevancy 24.08%

Well this one has me completely stumped A friend with works ATI drivers, artifacts but without them XT Radeon X850 shows gave me his old Sapphire Radeon X XT after upgrading to a new card so I threw it in my rig After installing the latest version of Catalyst I tried demoing a couple of WMV HD videos just to see if everything was tip-top Well I got a mess of snow and red and blue pixels - the kind of artifacts you d expect when things are getting a little too toasty inside I tried reinstalling the card a couple of times and one time I ran the WMV HD video BEFORE installing the card ATI Radeon X850 XT works without drivers, but shows artifacts with them XP detected its presence but I didn t give it any drivers Worked like a charm Picture was crystal clear Every time I install Catalyst or just the bare display drivers the thing goes haywire but with no drivers it is just fine Any idea what could cause such a thing Should I try to find an old version of Catalyst or something Setup ASRock P TurboTwins mobo P ICH Core Duo E GHz GB DDRII - nbsp

A:ATI Radeon X850 XT works without drivers, but shows artifacts with them

My guess is two different drivers.

Is XP popping up the New Hardware wizard? Am guessing so and it's choosing diffferent drivers in the two cases.

When you uninstall the product it's uninstalling and removing/deleting the driver files for the one driver completely as well. So XP goes searching it doesn't find it for that case and chooses something different.

Look in Device Manager for both cases. Find the card under Display adapters. Rt click Properties and look at Driver tab.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-x850-xt-works-without-drivers-but-shows-artifacts-with-them.113473/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a home network The PC main and laptops PC is wired Modem-Router-PC Laptops are wireless The laptops are able to pick up the signal and connect The rd laptop is XP Wireless-It will not pick up any signal in the networks According to the computer there is no network signals within range Which it is in doesn't Wired works, wireless range for when I take of the other laptops that has connectivity in the same location they pick up the signal just Wired works, wireless doesn't fine When I move the laptop to the pc and do modem-router-laptop with a wired connection connection is fine Device manager shows PCMCIA card as a yellow Wired works, wireless doesn't question mark needs correct driver But I didn t think that the pcmcia card had anything to do with the wireless connection as Wired works, wireless doesn't the slot in the laptop has always been blank It is a HP laptop couple of years old Oh it has worked before maybe about weeks ago and as far as I know no hardware software changes have been made since then I have even tried to manually enter the SSID and security key and still no luck I have made sure that I have all the windows update s done HP tech support was no help as I kept on telling them about the pcmcia driver they kept on telling me to install graphic video card drivers Router is broadcasting SSID Any advice Oh and will buying a PCMCIA card be an alternative fix to get a wireless signal nbsp

A:Wired works, wireless doesn't

Well, I just showed myself that essential IT question everyone should ask 1st.

I needed to enable the wireless switch on the laptop. It is amazing to overcomplicate things when all it is most of the time is a switch of a button, a restart, or cord unplugged.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-works-wireless-doesnt.111786/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello, i just came across some software of the site, which can sniff conversations within the network..i was wondering if it really works?
There are many of them available online, this is just one of them:
chat.mingsoft.com/index.html

And is there a way to prevent conversation from being sniffed?
I've found one solution, which is to encrypt messages . It doesnt really prevent messages from being sniffed, but make the logs unreadable. lol
secway.fr/us/products/simplite_msn/home.php

Is there any way to prevent it?

A:Chat Sniffer? does it really works? prevention?

short answer: NO. Anyone with the right tools can "sniff" the local lan.
Encryption is the only solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chat-sniffer-does-it-really-works-prevention.110879/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an Asus L B Laptop and one day a friend was using it and found unconfortable to use the touchpad and asked me if he could use one of the mice os another and error works not BIOS boot, in Windows/Linux Keyboard on in but DOS, reports but computer in the room i said sure why not Well it was a ps mouse and he hot-pluged it S Result the laptop s keyboard stoped working and so did that ps port and also the sole serial port but not the touchpad Restarting cleaning the plug and all Keyboard reports error on boot, but works in BIOS and DOS, but not in Windows/Linux that did not work Now when I boot i get a no keybord present keyboard error at startup however it works fine in the BIOS and in DOS When Windows boots it lights Num Lock Caps Lock Scroll Lock an the keyboard no longer works In Linux No lights go on but it doesn t wor either I m certain that there is damage to the Serial ports PS ports chip but it s not all busted and probably just ignores any command and just gives outputs Now I ve been using a USB keyboard to make do but its very annoying an not very portable Replacing the MoBo is out of the question as it costs more than the PC is worth I seek a way around the windows drivers a simpler less demanding driver nbsp

A:Keyboard reports error on boot, but works in BIOS and DOS, but not in Windows/Linux

Windows Keyboard Test : http://www.passmark.com/products/keytest.htm

But actually try to locate a test on your computer (I haven't looked it up) but some manufactures have this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-reports-error-on-boot-but-works-in-bios-and-dos-but-not-in-windows-linux.109879/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have had these speakers for about two years now, i know bolivar speaker works was bought by JBL back in the 70's and they stopped making speaker in like 85. in one of the speakers the tweeter isn't working, i took it out to make should it was pluged in and tired to see if it worked in the other speaker but it didn't so i need a replacement and i cant find one nowhere

A:Bolivar speaker works Model 18

Did you just try to find one by JBL that was the same size? You might wanna check on that... I will check a little and let you know if I find anything, but your best bet would probably be to look for a same size tweeter and replace both sides so they sound the same...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bolivar-speaker-works-model-18.109455/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a ATI Radeon 9200 AGP graphics card however it only has hardware acceleration when i install Microsofts drivers. When i install the ATI Catylist drivers then dxidag shows accelaration greyed out. I have an AGP 3.0 slot.
Is there a specific driver that i am suppose to install as this card was given to me second hand?
What could be the cause of this?

A:ATI Radeon 9200 only works with Microsoft drivers

Fully uninstall the ATI program
You may also use the ATI uninstall program to be very thorough.

Download the most up to date ATI program(drivers) for your card
Re-install and test again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-9200-only-works-with-microsoft-drivers.102930/
Relevancy 24.08%

So a few weeks ago my powersupply burned out... It was a 580 watt and I just replaced it with a 650 watt. Everything is connected fine, everything booted up and things are running smooth. However, I notice certain internet graphics don't load as fast, or at all. My pc also restarts when I try and play half-life 2. Am I wrong in assuming my graphics card isn't receiving enough power or is connected wrong? As far as I know it is receiving adequate power. Where should I go from here?

Thanks a lot for your time!

A:New Power Supply - Everything works but Video Games

It seems that now I'm experiencing random crashes as well. Even when I'm not loading graphics or anything, my computer just stops. Just thought I'd point that out.

Again, thanks for everything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-power-supply-everything-works-but-video-games.103234/
Relevancy 24.51%

I m not totally helpless when it comes to computers but apparently I m very incompetent when it comes to fixing the sound My family bought a new computer and it program only for works in soundcard Sound my the s decent and has updated sound drivers and everything and it came with Realtek HD Audio Manager The soundcard is a Realtek High Definition Audio I really really hate this program at this point From day one the only sound that would play was the music for the D audio demo After fiddling around with it for a few days I finally got it to play all audio my itunes sound from youtube videos everything It was fine Actually It was fine for my file on the computer but it never did end up working on my Dad s He got fed up with it and the fact that I couldn t fix it for Sound only works in the program for my soundcard his so he took it in and tried to get some answers Sound only works in the program for my soundcard Apparently the guy at the computer place hooked it all up to speakers and it was just fine It worked on all files for everything Okay sweet I hooked it all back up and what do you know Same ing problem Except now I can t remember how I made the sound play on all other applications and I need to try and figure it out for the whole computer We have new Bose speakers they play the audio demo so I know that s not the problem I ve checked device manager and control panel and such to make sure the computer recognizes the speakers the programs the drivers and everything I m really not sure what else I can check for Any ideas And yes before anyone asks it is plugged in right Speakers are plugged into the light green port nbsp

A:Sound only works in the program for my soundcard

I'm pretty sure it is. The computer has them all located and says they're working, so I assume that means whatever needs to be selected, is.
I have Windows XP, if that makes any difference whatsoever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-only-works-in-the-program-for-my-soundcard.103173/
Relevancy 24.94%

When i try to burn DVDs or CD i get errors. Most the times it says general error and that this might be caused by the disc, i have tryed multiple discs and still cannot get it to work. Iv tryed using Roxio, Nero, iTunes, Windows media player and none of these programs will burn anything, they all give errors. this started happen about a week ago, prior to that i had no problems at all, all my drivers for the burner is up to date, and all my programs are up to date as well.

my system is a dell XPS 400
Intell Pentium D dual core 3.2 ghz
2 gb of Ram
Windows XP Media Edition 2005
Drivers are: Philips DVD RW and Sony DVD Rom

A:DVD burner no Longer works

The Sony DvD rom is just a DvD ROM drive,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-no-longer-works.102036/