Windows Support Forum

Corrupted Outlook - Looking to transfer Email; Account Password

Q: Corrupted Outlook - Looking to transfer Email; Account Password

WinXP Home SP3 with Office XP
Outlook is hanging with a number of messages. (Various).
ie Cannot complete the operation...
The issue appears to be that Outlook has exceeded it's 2GB limit so I'm trying to recover (trying various things) and create a new mail profile.
I'm using the Inbox repair tool and MS's 2gb truncation tool.

Anyone know how to save the (existing) email profile (Email account settings and passwords) so I can transfer it to a new profile. Later versions appear to have a Mail - export function but not these earilier programs.
I'm unable to get hold of the User and or their ISP until tomorrow, but I'd like to get it resolved today.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corrupted-outlook-looking-to-transfer-email-account-password.794332/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Corrupted Outlook - Looking to transfer Email; Account Password

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 89.01%

I have a new HP Pavilion preloaded with 8.1. I loaded Office 2013 and set up the email account. All worked well until two days ago when I realized I could not send any emails only receive. I removed the account and reinstalled the account - things only got worse. I uninstalled Office and reinstalled but that did not fix the problem. Somewhere there is a file that is has wrong information stored about the account and how to communicate with the provider but I do not know where that is, can someone help with this issue?

A:Outlook Email Account Corrupted

Close Outlook out completely and navigate to: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook (Where %username% is your username on that computer)

Delete the .pst file that is in that folder. Next time you open outlook it will have you create another profile with your email account.

Im guessing that your outlook profile is corrupt. If it is this should help resolve the issue you have.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/70390-outlook-email-account-corrupted.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Yesterday I got a client's Lenovo Desktop with a corrupted Microsoft Account Password only in the computer The Microsoft Account signon is ok just the computer has the issue with it I have worked on this problem for many hours and with no success The computer is a Password Account in 8.1 a workaround Win Microsoft Need Corrupted - Lenovo Desktop with Windows installed with an SSD and an HHD drive There are no markings on the case to tell me model number I also realized after awhile that you need to hold down the Shift Key when either powering off or restarting to Microsoft Account Password in Win 8.1 Corrupted - Need a workaround insure a complete boot up My client apparently opened an email that messed up his computer He contacted Microsoft and one of their technicians got into his computer From that point on apparently the microsoft account signon password got corrupted only inside his computer I can signon to his Microsoft Account got microsoft to send me a code so I could reset his password This worked on his account only Still cannot logon to his computer - password failed Microsoft Account Password in Win 8.1 Corrupted - Need a workaround - try again message I tried F - Bios F - Boot Menu and cannot get past the CMOS password Boot menu lets me past but cannot change anything - trying to change boot order so I can boot to Hirens F -Bios gives me a fatal error I also tried F to change Boot from Standard to Legacy - F does not work on this Lenovo Desktop Pulled the Cmos battery for minutes put it back in and no change to the Bios password still locked out of modifying anything related to boot order F - Safe Mode still wants a password - thus cannot get into Safe Mode with Command Prompt to create an Administrator Account I need help from someone with more technical knowledge than I have Either trying to boot to a rescue disk Hirens or UBCD or get into Command Mode to create an Administrator Account I am hoping someone will respond as that has technical experience and knowledgable who may have experienced this before Also anyone who can offer another solution to what I have tried so far

A:Microsoft Account Password in Win 8.1 Corrupted - Need a workaround

I am not sure how Microsoft got past the CMOS password. There should be a jumper allowing you to clear CMOS which would remove any password. With the CMOS battery removed hold down the power button for 30 seconds to remove any residual power.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht036531?tabName=Solutions

The computer has SecureBoot enabled so no disk will boot even if you could get to the F12 boot menu.

Is there any sticker on the back of the computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564865/microsoft-account-password-in-win-81-corrupted-need-a-workaround/
Relevancy 69.23%

I found that once I upgraded to Windows I had to use my Email account to Log In to my PC The User has to have a Windows Account Mine is originally Hotmail - Live - Outlook I can not stand having the same Password and account info from my Email account the same as my PC I had to reinstall Windows and then I was able to use a Personalized amp Custom User Name amp PC Seperate Windows From PC Password Password Account, Email Password This coincides with certain software I use when I install the same titles on multiple PCs Serif - WebPlusX - I use a common User Name Seperate Windows Account, Email Password From PC Password and file location I will not tolerate having to be constricted to a Windows Account that makes me use the same password and user name for my Email Account and my PC Therefor WINDOWS is useless to me at this time P S I still get rapid boot times and custom features from Windows I assigned the Power Button where the old Start button would be amp pinned shortcuts to my task bar to navigate to apps I use frequently

A:Seperate Windows Account, Email Password From PC Password

Hello Majestone, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You can sign in to Windows 8 with any "local account" or "Microsoft account" you want.

You do not have to setup a "Microsoft account" when installing or setting up Windows 8.1. A trick to this would be to temporarily disconnect the internet when you get to this point to then be able to setup a "Local account" instead.

If you want a Microsoft account, then you could have two Microsoft accounts, and use one to sign in to Windows 8 with and the other for your emails.

Either way, you could easily switch to a local account afterwards.
Local Account - Switch to in Windows 8
...or switch back to any Microsoft account you wanted instead.
Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36462-seperate-windows-account-email-password-pc-password.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Does any body know how to transfer the Outlook XP or Outlook 2003 user account settings (such as login,password,pop3,smtp,etc.) from one computer to another ? Or does anyone know where the info is stored in the user's profile folder ??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-xp-account-transfer-38324.html
Relevancy 66.65%

So basically I had attempted to do an export of PST and import it into a new computer's profile for Outlook 2003. I had many subfolders; however, the problem was the subfolders under inbox all ended up going to the INBOX and not sorted into the subfolders. Should I be going about this another way?

Thanks!!!

A:Tried to transfer OUTLOOK from one account to another- major problem!!!

NM, I re-read your post and misunderstood something.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303667/tried-to-transfer-outlook-from-one-account-to-another-major-problem/
Relevancy 66.22%

For some reason my XP user account has been corrupted. I was able to fix it by following some step-by-step instructions online (system restore wont work). everythings good now except my outlook express lost all information like the inbox, sent items, address book etc. All these correspendence are tremendously important since it is used for business and i have no backup for them (pretty stupid, i know)
There hasnt been any data loss (as far as i can tell), all files are intact so i assume that the communications are still somewhere in the disk. Any help on how to recover my folders would be GREATLY GREATLY GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

A:XP user account corrupted, Outlook express folders now missing

I would imagine they are not lost, just in a different user profile now.

Search your hard drive for *.DBX files, these are your OE folders.

Once you find them, you should be able to re-import into current OE.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-user-account-corrupted-outlook-express-folders-now-missing-252271.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Dear Experts,

My old PC was running with windows xp and I was using my office pop3 server emails through out look express.
Now, I have arranged new PC with of widows seven.I am finding out look express not none.After discuss with many peoples I know out look express not packed with windows seven then I import all of my old email in windows live.
Now, I am using my office pop3 server emails on window live.
Problem is that, I want to lock my emails account same as I was using in outlook express.Kindly help how to set password on my account.

A:How to set password on my office email account.

Welcome and enjoy the forum

It seems that you must sign up for a live ID

https://accountservices.passport.net...=EN-US&lc=1033

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/88585-how-set-password-my-office-email-account.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I recently ran a Norton scan Perhaps coincidentally or perhaps not I suddenly cannot access Outlook for my email Tells me to files access Outlook corrupted? Are my email. Cannot use Inbox repair tool scanpst exe but it doesn't seem to download to install and run Are my Outlook files corrupted? Cannot access email. when I click on instructions I did a google search to find out what it is but I can't seem to do anything to make it work The error message also said that if I need more information to see Help except I don't even know where Help is when I don't have a screen connected with Outlook I just ran Norton Power Eraser and it said I have Bad Status with a risk called alsysio sys but a google search indicates that this is a legitimate thing Why does Norton want me to remove it I am over and basically computer illiterate My husband was my computer geek but he recently died and now my computer problems are stacking up Can someone please help me with either of these problems Thank you FiendishThingy

A:Are my Outlook files corrupted? Cannot access email.

Norton Power Eraser is kinda like a anti-rootkit program.  Its very aggressive and sometimes can target seemingly harmless files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532422/are-my-outlook-files-corrupted-cannot-access-email/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 that has two hard drives. One contains Outlook email that used to be on MS Exchange. This account is not currently active. The other is my day to day hard drive with an active Outlook account. Both OS'es are Windows XP.

How can I copy an email that is on the old MS Exchange Outlook account to my current active Outlook account?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Copy an Outlook email to another Outlook account

File > Save.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-copy-an-outlook-email-to-another-outlook-account.892114/
Relevancy 64.5%

Sorry if this has been brought up before. When I open my email account from my browser I am taken straight into my emails without having to put in my account name or password. I always sign out. I never check the "keep me signed in" box. But this invariably happens. Surely there should be some security measure to prevent this as it seems to leave the system open to hackers.

A:Being taken straight into email account without password being request

Originally Posted by robleau

Sorry if this has been brought up before. When I open my email account from my browser I am taken straight into my emails without having to put in my account name or password. I always sign out. I never check the "keep me signed in" box. But this invariably happens. Surely there should be some security measure to prevent this as it seems to leave the system open to hackers.

I have two accounts I access online, one provided by my Domain Hosting Service and the other on my ISP's site. The first keeps me logged in and the second requires starting from the login page but does always have my info in the dialog boxes and just needs another click. My Hotmail, Gmail and Outlook.com accounts keep track of me and go directly to my Inbox. I mostly use Firefox.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/41373-being-taken-straight-into-email-account-without-password-being-request.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am trying to transfer old stored emails from my old Windows XP computer that used an MSN email program to MSN) transfer email failure 2010 (from Outlook my new Windows computer that is using Microsoft Outlook I have just purchased a new computer with Windows and Office Professional My email server is MSN com and I was using their email program I want to use Outlook on my new computer In the setting up access to my email account the setup program took me through Microsoft Connections and I was able to access my email account I now want to move the emails I have stored on my old computer under personal data storage on my hard drive to my new computer I contacted MSN support asking how I might accomplish this They advised me to move the emails back to a server folder and the emails and subfolders would then show up in Outlook I tried this with a small group of emails in a folder and it worked I then moved the Outlook 2010 email transfer (from MSN) failure emails to the Personal Data File area in Outlook on my new computer The next day I repeated the transfer process with additional emails but this time Outlook did not show the old emails on the server I Outlook 2010 email transfer (from MSN) failure can still see the emails on the server if I use the MSN mail program but they are not showing up in Outlook I have tried the transfer several times with the same results of Outlook not seeing the old emails All new Outlook 2010 email transfer (from MSN) failure emails received are appearing normally in both Outlook and in the MSN email program The MSN support individuals suspect I might have tripped some type of function or setting that is preventing Outlook from seeing or accepting the older emails but they had no idea and advised I get help from Outlook support I only have this one email account currently set up in Outlook When I tried the reverse process moving emails from the Personal Data File area in Outlook to the server side the emails show up on the server side on my old computer running the MSN mail program The mystery to me is it works in one direction and not the other why Can anyone help do you have any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong or how I might get the transfer of these stored emails completed I realize that if the MSN program had PST files things would be easier I look forward to hearing anyone s thoughts Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard A PBZBTG HT H V Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-email-transfer-from-msn-failure.1018205/
Relevancy 64.07%

Alright here are the facts When I start up my machine the windows login screen tells me that I have message in my Outlook - I have it set up through google com so my Outlook address is a gmail com address Yet when I open my Outlook I don't see anything Some messages come through every time I restart the screen tells me I have a message in there I had the Outlook set where when I open it up it asks for a password and when I send something out it asks Password; Message Is Outlook Ghost Display Login for Email Asking for Outlook Not Windows for a password All of a sudden it doesn't do this anymore no matter how many times I restart the computer or close and open Outlook I even attempted to use the repair feature in Outlook but it worked to no avail What is going on My business depends on me being to secure my email accounts and receive important emails - I can't afford to miss a really important Outlook Is Not Asking for Password; Windows Login Display Ghost Email Message for Outlook one I also have this software called ComboFix that I've been hearing about which is supposed to be really good but I didn't run it because I don't have anyone to guide me through any of the results plus I heard it could possibly mess up my machine I would like to run it if it will cure my machine and make my life easier My machine is Windows XP Please can someone help me It is greatly appreciated

A:Outlook Is Not Asking for Password; Windows Login Display Ghost Email Message for Outlook

I do not use Outlook so I cannot help youI just want to say if you use Combofix, you are playing with fireYou might end up haveing more than a missing important message to worry aboutIt is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for general public or personal use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265046/outlook-is-not-asking-for-password;-windows-login-display-ghost-email-message-for-outlook/
Relevancy 63.64%

so i made skype a few months back it messeed up my nokia lumia 635 phone i backed up everything and i cant get it back i need everything on it back

A:i dont know my microsoft account password or gmail or email

Reset your password from https://account.microsoft.com

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436781-i-dont-know-my-microsoft-account-password-gmail-email.html
Relevancy 63.21%

How do you retreive, delete, uninstall or change an unknown email password in Microsoft Office 2003.I have tried all I know, so please help!Thanks!Bernie

A:Remove unknown password in Office 2003 email account

You would have to obtain the correct password from your email provider.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remove-unknown-password-in-office-2003-email-account-600514.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello everyone,
My boss asked me to transfer single email messages from her husbands outlook to her's. I want to be able to do this by just adding the message or folder of message to her inbox. I do not want to overwrite her inbox(cause i'll get fired). Is there a way to copy just selected messages from one profile's outlook to another?

Thank you all for your time and Input.

rob

A:Trying to transfer single email messages without overwriting outlook inbox

One option would be to copy the PST over and open it as an additional data file under her profile (separate from the inbox).

You could also use export to file and import into a new folder created on the destination machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trying-to-transfer-single-email-messages-without-overwriting-outlook-inbox-626698.html
Relevancy 63.21%

This post is getting a lot of views but no replies Why is that Please let me know your experience What are others finding works new running computer to Outlook transfer Prof to email W7 Best Express best for email in Windows when you have to transfer your old Outlook Express emails and folders from your XP machine This is something that millions of people have had to deal with but I cannot seem to find Best email to transfer Outlook Express to new computer running W7 Prof the simple answer Best email to transfer Outlook Express to new computer running W7 Prof I bought a new desktop and didn't want W or W so I got W Best email to transfer Outlook Express to new computer running W7 Prof Professional I have W in my laptop and am satisfied with it although I would rather keep XP like many people I am a HUGE fan of my XP Outlook Express and have to move all of it to the new computer I have read that Windows dropped OE after XP and has had a couple of different programs since I want something that can be relied upon year after year since my email is loaded with years of archived documents and correspondence and I cannot be moving to a new program all the time What have others found best as a day-to-day program and also best for transferring Outlook Express with years of important emails I do have Outlook in my Office but have never set it up I will be moving that to the new desktop and probably upgrading to a newer Office eventually I have read about possibly using an XP compatible-mode in W that will run the old Outlook Express Is that true My Outlook Express email is filled with business correspondence official documents etc and I MUST be able to transfer all the unsorted and sorted emails to the new computer without any kind of hitch Thanks Squiddy

A:Best email to transfer Outlook Express to new computer running W7 Prof

I liked Outlook Express also, but it is dead in the woods after XP. Thunderbird is a good substituted. It is similar. I use Outlook, but that is not free. You might try this site for a comparison.
The Best Free Email Services of 2015 | Top Ten Reviews

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/381623-best-email-transfer-outlook-express-new-computer-running-w7-prof.html
Relevancy 63.21%

This post is getting a lot of views but no replies Why is new running Prof W7 to Express email transfer computer to Best Outlook that Please let me know your experience What are others Best email to transfer Outlook Express to new computer running W7 Prof finding works best for email in Windows when you have to transfer your old Outlook Express emails and folders from your XP machine This is something that millions of people have had to deal with but Best email to transfer Outlook Express to new computer running W7 Prof I cannot seem to find the simple answer I bought a new desktop and didn't want W or W so I got W Professional I have W in my laptop and am satisfied with it although I would rather keep XP like many people I am a HUGE fan of my XP Outlook Express and have to move all of it to the new computer I have read that Windows dropped OE after XP and has had a couple of different programs since I want something that can be relied upon year after year since my email is loaded with years of archived documents and correspondence and I cannot be moving to a new program all the time What have others found best as a day-to-day program and also best for transferring Outlook Express with years of important emails I do have Outlook in my Office but have never set it up I will be moving that to the new desktop and probably upgrading to a newer Office eventually I have read about possibly using an XP compatible-mode in W that will run the old Outlook Express Is that true My Outlook Express email is filled with business correspondence official documents etc and I MUST be able to transfer all the unsorted and sorted emails to the new computer without any kind of hitch Thanks Squiddy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/381623-best-email-transfer-outlook-express-new-computer-running-w7-prof.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I am a neewbie I have a systemax venture Windows XP Home Edition SP I used to have Verizon as my DSL service provided I cancelled Verizon and am now using a router that runs off of my husband s Verizon account When I open Outlook and its trying to opend send receive expired account email looking Outlook for I get the followig message Task my inbox com - Receiving reported error x CCC F The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues Outlook looking for expired email account contact your server administrator or Outlook looking for expired email account Internet service provider ISP When I try to send an email from Outlook or a Publication from Microsoft Publisher I get the following message Task my inbox com - Sending reported error x CCC Unable to send the message Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties The server responded Server access forbidden by your IP Visit http cbl abuseat org lookup cgi ip ' I went to Inbox help section and set up Inbox on pop for a while everything was okay after a week I get the message I listed above I am starting a small home business and I would like to continue sending Microsoft Publisher documents by email I need help badly remember I m a newbie and I may not get it the first time nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I inadvertently deleted my email account from outlook, and now I am unable to re-add it. I actually have both outlook 2010 and 2016 installed, but up until I deleted my email I was able to use both. Now I can't use either of them under my main email address.
I have a pop3 account with stml, from comcast. I have tried numerous times to re-add it, both in the regular way and manually to no avail. I get the error message that my requested process failed. My account is still in the pst. data section, as well as on my computer.

Help,
Tina

A:Unable to re-add my email account to outlook

Only one version of Outlook will work on your computer. This always opts for the latest version, so you need to uninstall Outlook 2010 & only use Outlook 2016.

Your .pst files should work, but you may need to point Outlook 2016 where to find those files & this can be done through Files in Outlook & then through Account settings.

Unless you have a specific need to have 2 versions of Office on your computer, you might consider uninstalling office 2010 & only using Office 2016. Only having one version works best & has less problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/398104-unable-re-add-my-email-account-outlook.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I would like to know how I delete a outlook email account because it has been compromised

A:Microsoft Outlook email account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, select Security & Privacy:

Select More security settings:

If prompted for password, enter it. Browse to bottom of the page, select Close my account:

Be sure to read everything on next page before clicking Next:

Follow the rest of on-screen instructions to close your account.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/69247-microsoft-outlook-email-account.html
Relevancy 61.92%

While trying to fix an issue with selecting text, I got a .cab error that has now been fixed.

However, now when I open Outlook, it is asking to establish a new email account, as if I am a first time user. i can't access the existing email account, and all of the emails, folders etc. An archive.pst file still exists and by the size appears to contain all emails, folders etc.

Does anyone know how I can locate and reinstate the existing email account to access the existing emails etc.?

If this is not possible, can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?

Thanks,

Hotchi

A:Outlook 2003 email account gone

Hotchi said:

can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?Click to expand...

Yes, I'd say your best option is to do that. Luckily you still have the previous PST file

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-email-account-gone.122496/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

A:Can't add new email account to outlook 2010

Try changing your user name to something else. It's possible the user name you are using is already being used by someone else on that email server.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I run a small business from home and use outlook for emails. I want my wife who uses another PC to have access to the same emails through outlook but on her PC, is it possible? I answer questions whilst she handles payments / orders which all come through this one email account. Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Lee1133

Relevancy 61.92%

My wife is using Outlook 98 for the first time and has two email accounts set up. How do you get one email account to default over the other on outgoing emails? Thanks.

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello. can anyone help.
I am trying to add a POP email account to Outlook 2010. I've established network connection but cannot retrieve the Outlook Test message. An error box comes & says unable to connect to the server. 550.5.7.1 message content. I have had this POP account on previous versions of Outlook 2010, & it was ok I am puzzled.
Many Thanks
Brusselsprout

A:Cannot add new email account in Outlook 2010

Without knowing more about your mail server name and such.
Have you tried to Ping your mail server? like from the run cmd prompt ping mail.xxx.xxx
I ping mail.cpcug.org to verify that the server is on-line and responding.

You could double check all the options in outlook setup email accounts to make sure that
you have spelled everything correctly, that sometimes is the problem where mispelling will
mess you up.

also the more settings options will have to be looked at to make sure that the boxes are checked correctly.

These things can get tricky if you misspell, many mail servers want your complete email address for the logon userid..

YMMV
Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/127351-cannot-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello

New to the forums and PCs in general. Bit of back info - built a PC a month ago. Have had a few set backs with drivers and BIOS update, but it seems everything is stable for now.

I signed into my Xbox Live account about a week ago, which is linked to my hotmail/outlook account Ive had for ages. This automatically linked to my PC user account I have on this PC. I found out by rebooting, login screen shows my name as usual, but now underneath shows my email. It also changed my login password to my outlook password. Is this something to be concerned about? I can still login fine, but been nagging me because Ive never had a login password automatically switch on me before.

A:Linked my PC to outlook account and now login is a new password

Hello Hansperdman, and welcome to Ten Forums.

It sounds like you switched your account that you sign in to Windows with to a Microsoft account when you setup and signed in to the Xbox app.

This is perfectly normal, and is nothing to worry about since your Microsoft account uses your email address password.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40881-linked-my-pc-outlook-account-now-login-new-password.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I need to add an email account to Outlook 2002 for a user. When I try to do so I'm told I cannot do so from within Outlook and I must create the new account by accessing the "Mail" icon in control panel. The problem is there is no mail icon in the control panel. I'm not certain if this is a result of a security policy or if there's something else I'm missing. The OS is Win2K SP3, fully patched and up to date. I tried uninstalling Outlook and then reinstalling under the users profile but the issue persists. I would imagine there must be some way I can delete the current Outlook profile via the registry. If anyone can shed some light on how I might resolve this issue I'd be greatful. Thx.

A:Outlook 2002 Email Account Issue

You can launch the executable file from Explorer. I can't remember it's exact name, but it's something akin to MLCFG.EXE. Do a search and see if you can find it....

Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-email-account-issue.133579/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am able to send email through Outlook.When I click Test Account Settings ,all going ok. There is a test mail in my Gmail account.

Unfortunately I am not able to receive mail in my inbox of Outlook. When I click Send/Receive then the message come ?You don?t have appropriate permission to Perform this operation?.

Manish

A:RECEIVING EMAIL IN OUTLOOK THU GMAIL ACCOUNT

Try runing Outlook as an administrator. Which is odd. Are you logged in as an administrator or in a standard (limited) account?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/receiving-email-in-outlook-thu-gmail-account-606450.html
Relevancy 61.49%

We are running Outlook in XP SP Home Edition My wife and I each have our own user name etc We have POP email accounts Hers Mine and Ours Outlook email for account downloads wrong with different usernames and passwords all Outlook downloads email for wrong account with the same ISP Comcast net I have set up her Outlook account to receive Hers and Ours with instructions to leave a copy of Our messages on the server for days Of course I have set up mine to download Mine and Ours leaving Ours on the server days That way theoretically I ll see all my email and our email she ll see all our email and her email unless one or the other of us doesn Outlook downloads email for wrong account t get on for days highly unlikely hours maybe Mine works fine But she Outlook downloads email for wrong account keeps getting stuff like the CERT reports stuff from The Tech Guy reviews from ZD Net and other stuff she doesn t want to wade through When she opens one at the top it is clearly addressed to me not her or us When she pulls down Tools and selects Email accounts Outlook shows her only two Hers and Ours Microsoft KB search reveals nothing ditto Comcast net Help search Any clues How come she can t stop getting mail for an account which is not listed in Outlook or even in Start Control Panel Mail Profiles Accounts Thanx for any suggestions al nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all. I just installed Outlook 2010 and created 3 email accounts, 2 from Hotmail and the other from my ISP (cablevision). It seems that my folders from Hotmail came over but not those from my ISP. Should they have? Also, how do I import my contact into Outlook? I certainly don't want to re-enter them again. Thanks. Alan

Relevancy 61.49%

I have multiple email accounts download into my Inbox folder; each email account has its own unique name under Account Settings. When I try to "Sort by Email Account," the groupings are correct (i.e. each group represents one account); however, the grouping title is incorrect...it says the same name for all of them.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,
JC

A:Outlook 2003 - Sort by Email Account

Hi carlyman

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

This sounds interesting.

Are the e-mail accounts subaccounts of one ISP or each a different domain as in:
1) a Gmail account
2) your own ISP account
3) and maybe another free account like my.inbox.com ?

You mention each account has its own unique name under Account Settings. Does this mean the accounts do not have their own unique name listed under the E-mail Account Header column?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-sort-by-email-account.709895/
Relevancy 61.49%

A particular user on Exchange server 2003 gets this error when sending external email:

You do not have permission to send to this recipient.
server name.domain.local #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1
username@domain.org.pg unknown.

Have compared the settings to a working one, and all look OK. We also tried recreating the user profile and email address but it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

A:Outlook account not sending external email

As you got the error back from the server, there is nothing wrong with the client or Outlook. It is probably some setting on the server side, blocking this specific computer, user or recipient.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-account-not-sending-external-email.90720/
Relevancy 61.49%

Is there a way to copy email account settings?

I want to set up outlook to be able to send mail from the same account for several people by copying a file or a GP on server 2003. 

A:Copy outlook email account settings

I don't have Outlook configured on this machine, but I seem to recall that there is a way to export account settings and importing them again on Outlook on another machine.

Depending on what verison(s) of Outlook you're using, and what e-mail server you're trying to connect to, you may only need to have the correct userid and password and it might be easier just to create the account fresh.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597058/copy-outlook-email-account-settings/
Relevancy 61.49%

When I try to open my wife's email using Outlook 7 we get a message that says cannot open our default email folder: File access is denied. You do not have the permission to access the file c:/users/myname/appData/microsoft/outlook/outlook.pst. Comcast is my internet provider and the mail account is setup through them. Please Help!

A:Can not open secondary email account using Outlook 7

Hi,

First do you have separate log-on's?

It sounds as thought the file is not there or you are trying to import it?

Have you used Outlook to set up the account in your log-on or are you importing the file?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/285479-can-not-open-secondary-email-account-using-outlook-7-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Under Win 7, I have Outlook 2010 installed with 3 email accounts. When I open Outlook it searches each account for new messages. I would like it to search only one of them.

Is there anyway I can do this?

Thank you.

A:Outlook 2010 search for email in just one account

I believe you can achieve this by using 'Send/Receive' Groups:
Why use Send/Receive groups? - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/163150-outlook-2010-search-email-just-one-account.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello all, I was wondering if possible is their a way to have emails that are sent to a Outlook account be forwarded to a yahoo or gmail account. I've tried using the out of office assistant but doesn't seem to work. Is there another way in the server settings or Outlook settings? Or is it just not possible.

Our company is using exchange server 2003 w/Outlook 2007

A:Forwarding Outlook emails to another email account

on your outlook go to Tools-->Rules and Alerts-->New Rules-->Check messages when they arrive-->select Through the specified account or Sender is in specified address book or people/distribution list-->select forward it to....next-->next-->Finish.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455446/forwarding-outlook-emails-to-another-email-account/
Relevancy 61.49%

A few days ago I went to Outlook Com and established an email account Now I want to delete that account and remove an delete email to Outlook.com account Unable all things associated with Outlook com but still retain my Microsoft Account It might come in handy for getting Apps and other things from the Microsoft Store I tried to remove the Outlook com email account using the instruction I found in How To Close amp Delete Outlook com Account I was unable to do so When I got to the Close Microsoft Account section and pressed OK it reminded me I needed to Unable to delete an Outlook.com email account close any paid services associated with my Microsoft Account I've no such services Pressing OK again took me to the Account Summary page There I could find no way to close the Outlook com email account just another Close Account that took me back to the previous step I must have missed something somewhere Will someone please help me get rid of Outlook com Thank you very much

A:Unable to delete an Outlook.com email account

When you close your Microsoft account, you delete your account information, including your ID and password, your registered information, and your contacts. After you delete an account, you can't use that Microsoft account anymore to sign in to Microsoft products and services.
To close your account
Go to the Microsoft account overview webpage, and then sign in with your Microsoft account. Click Close account. Verify that the correct Microsoft account appears, type your password, and then click Next.Click deactivate your Hotmail account.Click Close account.
Be sure you are the admin.

To close only your Outlook.com or Hotmail account

Your Outlook.com or Hotmail account will become inactive if you don't sign in for more than 270 days or within the first 10 days after signing up for your account. After an account becomes inactive, all messages, folders, and contacts are deleted, and incoming messages are sent back to the sender as undeliverable. If you want to close your account right away:

Visit the close account webpage. Follow the instructions, and then click Close account to close your account.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/25318-unable-delete-outlook-com-email-account.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm using Outlook 2003 and Windows xp professional. Ever since I was required to install Outlook Connector to connect Outlook with my hotmail account, I've had connecting issues. Most of the time I get them worked out, but this time I can't. I've tried reinstalling Outlook Connector and removing and then adding again my email account to Outlook. When I try to connect, there is a red X in the lower right window of Outlook and it says
Mail: error
Calendar: error

The thing is, when I created a new hotmail account (and a gmail account for that matter) I was able to easily connect both of them to Outlook without problem- it is only this original email account that will not connect. Please help if you can!
Loren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-wont-connect-to-email-account.911236/
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok, I've spent way too much time trying to figure this out on my own.  I need help - and a 12-step program won't cut it.  Here's the story as concisely as I can explain it:

I use Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) for bookkeeping.  I need to be able to email invoices from Sage.  Sage tells me I need a MAPI compatible email program.  So I created an Outlook account cuz Outlook's like the Queen of MAPI stuff.  I have sent about 9000 test emails from the accounting program and not one of 'em has ended up in my Rogers.com email account.  Don't know where the emails went cuz neither Sage nor Rogers is talking.  Can somebody please tell me how the high holy hell I get this accomplished?

A:Set default for an Outlook email account in Windows 8

I believe You need to have Outlook installed.
When You say I created an Outlook account do You mean within Outlook or do you mean outlook.com the online email service?

Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490356/set-default-for-an-outlook-email-account-in-windows-8/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have two users sharing one email account from two computers and different versions of MS Office Oultook.

One uses MS Office XP Outlook and the other uses MS Office 2003 Pro Outlook.

Just a day ago some emails arrived in the inbox of the PC with MS Office XP Outlook and did not show in the PC with MS Office 2003 Pro Outlook, wonder why, it has been okay since the day it was setup.

Can anyone help me here?

many thanks in advance.

Abie

A:Shared MS Outlook Email Account Problem

closing duplicate, respond at http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/766736-shared-ms-outlook-email-account.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-ms-outlook-email-account-problem.766730/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have two emails set up in outlook 2010.

I want to make a rule that any email sent from email B gets put into email B's sent folder. believe it or not this is not how it is set up by default.

In creating the rule these are the steps that leave me at a dead end:

Home Tab
Rules
manage rules & alerts
new rule...
Start from a blank rule: Apply rule on messages I send
NEXT
step one: check off 'through the specified account'
step two: click blue highlighted word 'specified' to bring up options
Account: A is the only option
Any help is appreciated.

A:Creating an Outlook Rule for second email account

Assuming they are pop3 accounts, I'm 99% sure you'll only have the option to use one sent items folder. You can create a sub-folder within "Sent Items" for "Account B" and save a copy there.
If you can use IMAP instead, I'm pretty sure you can specify a separate folder without it also being duplicated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-an-outlook-rule-for-second-email-account.1120595/
Relevancy 61.49%

Can someone please provide the steps for setting up a new email account in Outlook? I need to know how to verify my incoming\outgoing servers (POP, SMTP, etc.) Is that through my ISP? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

A:Creating new email account in Office Outlook

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

This can help you here: How to create and configure an email profile in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2003

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/creating-new-email-account-in-office-outlook-655593.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have several email addresses (accounts) and have always been able to change the name of the account whenever I want (via account properties) - not the display name for the "from" line, but what I name the account. But now, if I try to change it, it won't keep the changes and reverts back to the name it was before. I've only recently gone to WinXP SP2, and am wondering if it's something to do with SP2? Would anyone know how I can fix this please?TIA(PS - I'm fairly experienced in OE ).

A:Outlook Express - Can't Change Email Account Name

I thought I'd try deleting and recreating one of the accounts as a test, and it naturally worked. However, if I then try to change the account name again (as a test), it's the same problem as before. Therefore, something somewhere must corrupt?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70273/outlook-express-cant-change-email-account-name/
Relevancy 61.49%

I've seen some posts with similar issues here; however none of them seem to address my problem exactly.

Here is what happens.

When I change my default EM account under 'Tools, E-mail accounts' it accepts the changes. However, in reality it keeps the old default and always reverts back. The only way to set a new default EM account is to delete the old one.

However, as soon as I add the deleted account once again; immediately Outlook reverts back once again.
Anything to be done? Or do I have to delete the profile and start from scratch?

Thanks for your help !

Relevancy 61.49%

I have two users sharing one email account from two computers and different versions of MS Office Oultook.

One uses MS Office XP Outlook and the other uses MS Office 2003 Pro Outlook.

Just a day ago some emails arrived in the inbox of the PC with MS Office XP Outlook and did not show in the PC with MS Office 2003 Pro Outlook, wonder why, it has been okay since the day it was setup.

Can anyone help me here?

many thanks in advance.

Abie

A:MS Outlook shared email account problem

closing duplicate, respond at http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/766736-shared-ms-outlook-email-account.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-shared-email-account-problem.766728/
Relevancy 61.49%

I set up my yahoo email in outlook, but it keeps messaging me that it is not up to date.I guess MS Exchange is not accepting?Please help. Thanks! 

A:Need help setting up Outlook email for Yahoo account

Hi, Windows 10 and Outlook are products from Microsoft. Which Outlook version are you using ? For Mail app under Windows 10, please try the following setup:      https://www.yahoo.com/tech/set-mail-calendar-apps-windows-234600691.html Hope this helps. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Need-help-setting-up-Outlook-email-for-Yahoo-account/td-p/5694670
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

I have an unusual problem.

I need to change my email account within Outlook but when I go to 'Account Settings' there are no accounts there, and so nothing to change.

What could be causing this, how do I access my account and how do I rectify it??

Many thanks!

A:Outlook 2010 - invisible email account

Are you sure that your email is coming in through Outlook?

Post a screen shot of the Account Settings pane!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-invisible-email-account.1126333/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi All Well I finally was able to get my Office to install and work and now I have come to another Hurdle First let me tell you that this version of office is the Enterprise Edition of Office It was given to me with my companies permission to install on my home PC as I do a lot of work from home the reason I tell you Up Prob Outlook in 07 Account Setting Email this is because I am not sure if the Ent Edition is diferent in Setting Up Email Account Prob in Outlook 07 any Setting Up Email Account Prob in Outlook 07 way So my new problem is that when I try to set up my email accounts in Outlook I go into Tools Account Settings then New under the email tab I then get an quot Auto Account Setup quot Page with a quot Manually configure server settings quot Checkbox option at the bottom So When I try to use Auto setup and input my email account settings it fails to create the account so then when I check the box to manually configure and hit next it opens a quot Choose E-mail Service quot page that has options with radiel buttons The first being quot Internet Email quot pop imap etc the second is quot Microsoft Exchange quot and the third is quot Other quot My problem is the only option it will let me choose is Microsoft Exchange and the other two are Greyed Out and unselectable BTW I am currently using Windows Live Mail for my default email client in case this has any bearing on my problem Thanks in advance for your help Mike

A:Setting Up Email Account Prob in Outlook 07

I found this but I don't have the registry keys listed and I am using Enterprise Edition also. Maybe the keys only show up if the customized config file is used. Worth a shot.

Outlook 2007 – Internet email option greyed out

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/60866-setting-up-email-account-prob-outlook-07-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I had an aol and a hotmail email account on Outlook. About two weeks ago the aol account stopped working in Outlook. When I would open the aol account there would be no update and in the bottom right of the Outlook screen, there was an indication that I wasn't connected. This would disappear as soon as I I opened the hotmail account, which was fully functional. My aol account in AOL works fine. The only problem is trying to use it in Outlook. My OS is Windows 7. I already tried deleting the aol account and then adding it as a new account, which goes through without a glitch. However, then the aol account does not appear as an option under the Mail heading in Outlook. If I go to Tools/Options/Mail Setup/Email Accounts in Outlook, the aol account appears there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-add-aol-email-account-to-outlook-2007.971643/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,

I was curious if anybody knew this. I could not find it anywhere and had never heard of it. Is there a way to temporarily disable an email account? Like a pause button. So if I 'pause' a specific account (I have approx. 6 email accounts in my Outlook, mostly POP3 & Exchange), when I hit Send/Receive it will not be included, but if I 'unpause' it shall be included. Is there a feature like this?

If this is possible I'd like to implement this in a family members of mine computer. So it must be 'stupid proof' if it is.

Thanks!

A:Solved: Outlook: temporarily disable an email account?

Using Office XP.

I have know sorted all my accounts into 1 but If I remember right...

Tools
Send/Receive Settings
Define Send/Receive Groups
Make Sure "All Accounts" is selected and click "Edit"
Select the account in the left hand column.
Untick "Include account in this send/receive group"

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-temporarily-disable-an-email-account.637085/
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm running windows 8 on an intel i7 machine with 16gb ram.
I just installed outlook 2010 64bit and every time I add an email account Outlook crashes.
No error message - just says "Micrsoft Outlook has stopped working"
Any suggestions?

A:Outlook 2010 crashes when setting up new email account

try this site it will show you how to repair outlook 2010

Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost) - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/23292-outlook-2010-crashes-when-setting-up-new-email-account.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi - I am running Outlook on a Win Professional bit system I sending one account Outlook from 2010 email Problem have been running basically the same configuration successfully for over a year now with multiple email accounts Everything worked fine up until this morning when I was sending a series of emails with attachments Each email's attachments totalled up to mb and the grand total of all of the attachments was about mb Everything went smoothly up until my last email and it just sat in my outbox and wouldn't go anywhere I eventually sent it with a different account with a different ISP I have tried sending other emails on the same account some without attachments some with small attachments but it appears that the account is quot broken quot for sending email I can Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account still receive email on all accounts and send email from every other account I have double-checked the settings for the troublesome account and when I use the Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account Test Account Settings button everything appears to work fine as it successfully sends the test message I found a reference to a built-in limit for Outlook attachments of mb and ran the Microsoft fixit which removes that limit but it had no effect One curious thing is that when I hit the send button which places the email in my Outbox the email does not have the italicized font which indicates an unsent message as was always the case up until now Any hints would be most appreciated - Many thanks

A:Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account

I had a look at the Outlook add-ins that were active and disabled the iCloud and iTunes add-ins. Everything seems to be working at this point.

There was an iTunes update a day or so ago. During the installation Apple does not even mention that they will be messing with your Outlook installation.

Once again Apple screws up Windows applications.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/255850-outlook-2010-problem-sending-email-one-account.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Please can you help? I use windows 10 on both laptop and desktop Pc. I have a microsoft login account and use Outlook (paid subscription) software. I would like to know for peace of mind if my emails are stored in my microsoft account or on each device when I log in? My reasoning is I would like to download and export my emails to either and external HD device or cloud base situation. Can you tell me if my account is actually cloud based and therefore saved already or located in my user\app section in C:/ but I haven't found it in C:\user\appdata\local\microsoft\windows mail

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/66494-email-storage-windows-live-account-outlook.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Dear Friends I have problems setting up Outlook to use the appropriate email account and signature automatically when replying to messages I use email accounts and for each account I have created a distinct signature both for new and reply emails The problem is that when someone sends me an email to any of the accounts and I reply no matter what Outlook always uses the reply signature of the default email account It should use the reply signature corresponding to the account the email was sent to So far when replying to messages I always have to remember to manually switch the from account to match the account the sender used to send me the email Outlook is supposed to use the appropriate account when replying to messages So if someone sends an email to my business email account and even if that is not the default account Outlook should use the account and signature I have assigned to reply to messages for that specific account and not always use by default the reply account and signature appropriate account Outlook setting Problems use up 2010 the email to assigned to the default account Please help me resolve this issue so that I do not mistakenly reply Problems setting up Outlook 2010 to use the appropriate email account to someone using the wrong account For example I do not want to reply to family and friends with the account used for business If family and friends send emails to my personal email account Outlook should automatically use that account when replying and thus inserting the reply signature for my personal account Look forward to any guidance Sincerely Mario Crespi

A:Problems setting up Outlook 2010 to use the appropriate email account

Hello Mario,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Lets start with a few questions to eliminate the obvious. I assume you setup the signatures seperately for each account using this panel?

I found some additional information about signatures here: (browse down towards the bootom of the page)

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm

One suggestion I read, was that the signature it picks to use is related to the folder that you currently have highlighted. I'm not entirely sure how that works, perhaps you could experiment with that?

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/153835-problems-setting-up-outlook-2010-use-appropriate-email-account.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2003 and the Operating system is Windows XP pro.
I am unable to create a new email account in Outlook.

When I click on Add email account and click next , the screen where it says to select the server type. ALL the options are disabled. I cannot select any server.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,
I can't configure my outlook2010 account. I installed office2010 professional plus. However, I try to add internet e-mail account on outlook2010. it's not available to select internet e-mail. Do someone know how to fix?
Thank you for your reply in advance.

A:Urgent!!!Outlook 2010 email account problem

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

During the Office 2010 installation you have the option to choose whether to have everything installed to your computer, whether to install just some of the options, whether to install on first use or not install a particular option such as Outlook.

Can you remember which options you chose?

You can always reinsert your Office DVD and choose the repair option or uninstall it, and then re-install choosing all the options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/175348-urgent-outlook-2010-email-account-problem.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Recently I tried to add a Gmail e-mail account, to my application Outlook on Windows Mobile 10, but always comes a page saying that my browser is no longer supported, not letting me do Log on credentials of google!
I asked friends to test but they also can not bump into the same error.
The Google no longer supports Windows Phone / Mobile?
What's up?

A:I can't add Google Account on Email Outlook app (Windows Mobile Only)

Try the following in order to add your Google account and have access to your Gmail:
- Go to 'Settings/Accounts/Email & app accounts' and select 'Add an account'>Google in order to authenticate yourself.
- Then, return to 'Settings/Accounts/Email & app accounts' and select your Google account and then select 'Manage.'
- Select 'Change mailbox sync settings' (you may have to wait a couple minutes before this option is available).
- You can choose the content syncing frequency and optionally turn off email, calendar or contacts synchronization as well.
Hope it helps... Enjoy your W10M!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434169-i-cant-add-google-account-email-outlook-app-windows-mobile-only.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

A:Outlook 2010 - How do you merge personal folders to an email account?

Hello MzTearyuz

See if this link is of help.
Combine POP3 accounts in Outlook 2010 | MSOutlook.info

FYI -
Where do I find?? | HowTo-Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/185819-outlook-2010-how-do-you-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am using Outlook on W in my home office All my email accounts are POP My part-time - Outlook up set I Exchange disappeard email account 2010 when Rules work wanted me to use an email account on their Exchange server I used the email account setup in my Outlook to set it up successfully Outlook searched out the Exchange server and set up the account I closed Outlook and when I reopened it my Favorites were gone all POP accounts were shuffled in the left pane all my previous accounts now funneled all emails into one Inbox and all my Rules were gone When I tried to redo the Rules Outlook had changed so that the Rules now applied to ALL the Inboxes for all accounts and did not have the same rules dialog as I had been used to There was no way to recreate my rules or separate Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account out my POP accounts Now all my email is dumped into one Inbox and I have to manually sort out the messages Thinking that the Exchange account was to blame I deleted the Exchange account but to no avail I had to reconstruct my Favorites no big deal but there is still no way to redo the Rules and all my Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account mail still goes to the main Inbox Is there any way to get back to the way it was Thanks rebadurchee

A:Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account

Bump. Anyone relate at all? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/317857-outlook-2010-rules-disappeard-when-i-set-up-exchange-email-account.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My computer system crashed and had to have a full re-install performed on it, and as such i lost all settings in Outlook Express 6.0

I am attempting to get the following settings back but need help because i cannot figure out how to do it.

Where: Above the message list (in btwn Folder Name and Identity Name on
grayed title bar).
What: A list of email accounts that could be selected from to send email as
merely by double clicking on that email account. (scrolling list box)

How: ?????????? Help!! ??????????

I have racked my brains looking through every option I could find, as well as Googled and visited Microsoft to no avail! If anyone can help me please shoot me an email @ it.dept@verizon.net Thanks so much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-with-microsoft-outlook-express-6-0-email-account-listing-problem.19147/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have 4 folders on the left hand side of outlook. 3 are email addresses and the other is a data file that was made when I exported my data files.

thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504835/how-do-i-combine-3-outlook-email-account-folders-into-one-inbox-deleted-etc/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi

I have recently changed my ISP to BT from Eclipse. Previously Outlook 2010 was configured to allow emails to be downloaded from the Eclipse servers and to enable me to send emails using Outlook 2010 using my Eclipse email address. I also have Outlook configured using IMAP to enable me to download emails from Gmail. I can no longer send emails using my eclipse email account.

Can someone help me to reconfigure Outlook so that I can send and receive emails using the Gmail servers from Outlook 2010 as my primary email source.

I wish to carry on using Outlook 2010 as I have many saved email folders in the account.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

A:How do I change my email account to Gmail from Eclipse in Outlook 2010

In "accounts" you simply need to change the default account for sending to the gmail account. Sorry if that's a bit vague but I haven't used outlook for ages (and don't have it).

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/255655-how-do-i-change-my-email-account-gmail-eclipse-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

How can I block user from adding email account such as hotmail, gmail or yahoo on MS Outlook?

A:How can I block user from adding email account on MS Outlook 2007?

vlanti, Are these users admins or limited uses? If they are limited, most likely they can not add email accounts.

But of course what good is outlook if you can't setup email?

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/300272-how-can-i-block-user-adding-email-account-ms-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

When multiple accounts are added on Outlook 2010 and you create a new email, autocomplete in the 'to' field shows suggestions from every account. Is it possible to only show suggestions relevant to the account the email is being sent from.

For example, if I had my personal account and a customer services account, when I go to send an email from my personal account, every email address who has ever communicated with the customer services account shows which is quite risky.

Thanks, Louise

A:Outlook 2010 only to show address book from one email account

Have you looked in the help section of outlook. The only thing i can suggest at the moment, is click the contacts in outlook,and then the little arrow next my contacts, there you will find yor email accounts with suggested contacts and contacts, see what happens when you try that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/263937-outlook-2010-only-show-address-book-one-email-account.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My dell laptop, doesn't allow me to select POP3 at the time of initial set up of email accounts in outlook. I am using office 365 license version.
Please guide how to change email account settings from IMAP to POP3 as one of my email id is need to change since otherwise it park all my email on server and the same gets full.
thanks,
Nilesh Gupta

A:How to change email account settings in outlook from IMAP to POP3?

Use Office Outlook on your desktop as your email app instead of windows 10 Mail-Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail) and select Office's Outlook as your default. The win 10 Mail app is for webmail and home user use. You might need it for your Microsoft webmail Account but use Office Outlook as your mail email program for POP mail. Office Outlook and Outlook.com are unrelated in spite of the recycled name.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19989642
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all I am using Microsoft Office Outlook outlook 2007 active from account How email send currently in express to Microsoft Window XP Professional service pack I am using outlook express as a monitoring tool which sends email at the scheduled time lets say every after hours Presently It is using only one account under one profile but the problem with the existing behavior is that if by any chance that primary email account get disconnected from the exchange server it will not be able to How to send email from currently active account in outlook express 2007 send the email So in order to overcome this problem i have created one more email account that belongs to different exchange server under the same existing profile what i How to send email from currently active account in outlook express 2007 m trying to achieve is if the primary email account is disconnected from the server at any time period The outlook should use the secondary email account to send out the emails how can i achieve this functionality Do we have any option in outlook to implement this please help I have been breaking my head like anything but could not find any useful results Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:How to send email from currently active account in outlook express 2007

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-send-email-from-currently-active-account-in-outlook-express-2007.991186/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help me with changing the default internet email account in MS Outlook 2000 Corporate/Workgroup. In the regular Outlook 2000, there is a button in the service box for set as default. However, this does not exist in my program. I am running two internet email accounts, and I would like the second one that I installed to be the default for sending messages. I know there must be a way to do this, but I just can't remember/ figure it out. Thanks!

Best,
Jeremy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-default-email-account-in-outlook-2000-corporate.284641/
Relevancy 60.2%

Funny thing, but when you choose a default account outlook is supposed to use that one as the default send account. So you compose a new mail and it should use that account as the from address. But it doesn't always work. Yes, i know u can CHOOSE any account by clicking on the "from" button and picking one from the drop down menu. But i don't want to have to keep doing that. I finally got it to work with a reg hack i found when googling the issue. Now when i compose new mail it uses account #1.

However, if someone sends me a email to my account #2, when i reply it uses account #2 to send from. Is there any way i can make outlook use account #1 for all email i send whether they are new emails or replies no matter what account hey were sent to?

A:Making outlook use default account to send whether new email or reply

did you figure this out yet?
Always reply with the same email address | MSOutlook.info

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/330084-making-outlook-use-default-account-send-whether-new-email-reply.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I used the following MS Knowledge Base article to create an autoreply message since we don t use MS Exchange Server in our office I don t have the Out of Office Assistant support microsoft com kbid hhmm seems I m not allowed to post active urls since I am new here the non-active link above works if you cut and paste it to your browser I ve never created an autoreply message before but I was pretty sure there was some way to do it so I tracked that down The only problem default) on mail (not in 2000 on Autoreply Outlook account came in email is that I only want to create this autoreply for a email account which is not the default email account In the template file I even specified to send the message using the account the email comes in on but it replies using the default mail account rather than the one Autoreply in Outlook 2000 on email account mail came in on (not default) I want it to My Rule for this is Check mail Autoreply in Outlook 2000 on email account mail came in on (not default) on arrival from this altername account Reply using template C Documents and Settings user Applications Templates OutOfOffice oft stop rule processing In reality part of this rule should be Reply using template C Documents and Settings user Applications Templates OutOfOffice oft and send via altername account Is there any way to set the reply to use the non-default account rather than the default one If not can anyone suggest an application which will do this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autoreply-in-outlook-2000-on-email-account-mail-came-in-on-not-default.366288/
Relevancy 60.2%

In Outlook I select "Tools" then "Accounts" then my account listed & select "Properties".

On the "Servers" tab I can enter a "Password" & select "Remember Password".

Then Select "OK". If I re-enter the Properties / Servers tab the password is gone. It was not saved & "Remember Pssword" is still selected.

Every time I open Outlook it asks me for my password. I would like it to remember it instead.

Any assistance with this will be greatly apperiated.

Thanks, Jeff

A:Outlook Does Not Save Email Password

could you tell which versin of Outlook

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70875/outlook-does-not-save-email-password/
Relevancy 59.34%

HEllo out there ,

I am experiencing issues with my Outlook accounts I have two attached a default one for my Microsoft account and a secondary one for my wife.

On my new pc with win 10 I cannot send , forward emails the message I get back is they have been placed in the drafts folder then that's it. I cannot do anything with them.

Interestingly I have the same win 10 on my old computer and they work fine I suspect that my new one has updated and caused the issue.

The only difference I can see is I have Office 2007 on the old pc and Use Libre office on the new one would Libre cause an issue with outlook ?

I have run sfc/scannow with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/56998-outlook-email-account-will-not-send-forward-moves-draft-messages.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am trying to import my email accounts & settings to the way they were before I did a custom install of Windows 7. For the life of me, I can't figure this out. I tried to follow tutorials and nothing seems to work.

My situation is different also because I have 8 POP email accounts. Do I have to enter the email account information back in or can moving the .pst files do this?

A:Import Email Account Settings with Outlook 2003 after Wind 7 reinstall

Did you use Outlook 2003's built-in feature to Export before? Or, did you just copy the .pst file to a safe place while reinstalling Windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/285322-import-email-account-settings-outlook-2003-after-wind-7-reinstall.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Situation I have a domain email 2000 - using automatically on used. contact specific send Outlook account based let s Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used. call it mydomain com and a whole bunch of domain email aliases eg email protected email protected etc that all forward to my ISP pop email address account default account I currently have rules setup so that emails sent to certain aliases at mydomain com which all come into my IPS email account go to their associated folders setup in Outlook eg email protected goes to the quot Jim quot folder email protected goes to the quot Mike quot folder etc etc I also have a LAN email account setup in this copy of Outlook although it s not set Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used. as my default Emails on my LAN account use a virtual domain name to send within the network let s call it mylanaccount com Rather than have the emails go to folders on my computer I d rather they be forwarded on to the relevant address on our LAN eg emails that came in from email protected would be forwarded to email protected Of course because mylanaccount com is a virtual domain that doesn t exist in the big wide internet these emails need to be forwarded on using the LAN account not my default ISP pop email account Queries Ideally I d like to setup a rule with something like Check messages when they arrive Sent to people or distribution list quot Forward it to people or distribution list using the specified account quot Of course this last option does not exist You can only choose to quot Forward it to people or distribution list quot There s no option to specify the account a Are there any add-ons for Outlook that let you do this b Does this rule exist in later versions of Outlook otherwise Using Outlook is it possible to make it so that specific contacts have a specific account used when sending emails to them a If not are there any add-ons that can do this b Is this possible in newer versions of Outlook I ve looked around but the closest relevant thread I could find was this one t ---link had to be removed sorry--- Any help is very much appreciated Cheers Chris nbsp

A:Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used.

1b. & 2b.: Doesn't look that way here in Outlook 2003. Have you thought about spending $7 to 9/month per person and get an Exchange Server hosting account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-automatically-send-email-using-specific-account-based-on-contact-used.407241/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have had some success in further troubleshooting of Outlook The culprit with Outlook running very slow and swamping the system at CPU usage is with one of the three email accounts I Account CPU - Stopped Usage POP3 Outlook - Email 2003 Climbs Working had set up with it Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs I deleted the email account entirely and now Outlook runs smooth as a whistle with very low CPU usage But does anybody know why all of a sudden that email account started messing up Outlook I tried adding it back as a new email account but it keeps telling me the following error when I TEST THE SETTINGS Log onto incoming mail server POP Outlook could not connect to the incoming mail server POP The problem could be your SSL or port settings for the incoming server Verify your port and SSL settings under More Settings on the Advanced Tab I have done this and called the folks who handle that email server to verify I have the correct settings but still get the above error Also when I attempt to re-add the email account CPU usage climbs to above - and Outlook no longer runs as smoothly nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs

First, outlook is a good tool, but a poor choice for email. Consider using other software
such as Thunderbird.

All the data in Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Email) is held in the single .PST file for each user;
the bigger it gets, the more time and cpu it takes to get into it.

As for the errors, it would appear that the settings are wrong.
The pop3 stuff is for reading your email from the ISP and the smtp is for sending;
each can be correct / incorrect.
You need the pop3 domain name (something like mail.domain.com or pop3.domain.com)
the correct port number (usually 110), AND
the proper login (secured or unsecured).

The sending side almost always requires a secured login on port 25.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-pop3-email-account-stopped-working-cpu-usage-climbs.99474/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync.

My questions are this.

What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I use this option?When I did select the Office 365 option and pressed next my outlook would crash, any fix?What is the best selection to choose from when setting up my outlook.com account that would be great for automatically syncing with my calendar etc. on outlook.com or apple etc.?

Thank you very much for any help and assistance.

A:Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

Manual setup for outlook.com accounts is absolutely unnecessary, Outlook 2016 does that automatically in a few seconds.

That being said, if you insist in doing it manually the correct option is Exchange ActiveSync. Office 365 option is for so called workplace email accounts, Azure AD / Office 365 for Business or Enterprise users. You select that option only if your organisation uses Office 365 and you want to set up your workplace email in Outlook 2016.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/70158-outlook-2016-manual-email-account-setup-office-365-option-crashes.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi - I am going insane here I have added a new email account on my isp website to our office Outlook All settings and passwords are correct - I can even view the darn new account via webmail so I am sure this issue is with Outlook so I enter new email account as per all Solved: settings new - issue account fails Outlook test 2003 email the others we have and the test settings fails as follows The Find outgoing server is In progress I am prompted for a password that is not accepted even though I set the darn thing both online and in the dialogue box in outlook I am using win XP Outlook We have three email aco s already in place that work fine no errors or password prompts I have removed the new account from my isp and re-entered and tried multiple times entereing a new email account in outlook I even got the isp service to sed a reg file with my new email account settings in it to automatically enter the info into new account I have turned off firewall - same issue Is there something I need to delete - change inthe registry I have tried searchin the Forums but nothing pertinent and Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails can t spend all day browsing - sorry Many Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails

please post ur email settings screenshots here...you dont need to setup or registry setups.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-new-email-account-issue-test-settings-fails.863541/
Relevancy 57.62%

After a power failure I could not have access to my only account Ron Wolpa which was administrator DETAIL I CAN T REMEMBER THE PASSWORD I USED DURING new corrupted account.. profile Admin , created account a INSTALLATION After booting and rebooting many times I could load an empty desktop screen I remember to have read an error message stating that the info on my profile could not be found the exact words I can t remember C windows system config systemprofile desktop refers to an Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account.. unavailable location IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE TO CONNECT WINDOWS TO THE EVENT NOTIFICATION SERVICE THIS PROBLEM PREVENTS THE ACCESS Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account.. TO THE STANDARD USERS Once in the corrupt desktop none of my icons loaded nothing at all by luck I gained access to the control panel through an icon on the task bar icon tray This enabled me to create a new account named Emergency that is where I am now writing this message I wished I could repair my old administrator account and spare me the work of reconfiguring everything on my new account that has not admin privileges At the point I am without the admn password what is the best that could I do Thanks

A:Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account..

http://cdslow.webhost.ru/files/ntpwedit/ntpwed05.zip

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/60830-admin-account-profile-corrupted-created-new-account.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My Windows7 suddenly displayed a default desktop. I then did an unsuccessful system restore, tried the undo and got stuck.

From there on, when I want to log in I end up at the error message "The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded".

I tried to activate the administrator account by using "net user administrator /active:yes". The command executes, but administrator never shows up on the login screen.

I cannot start Windows 7 in safe mode. A few seconds after the safe mode login screen appears the computer restarts automatically. No administrator account is listed here either.

I tried kb/947215, but only S-1-5-18, 19 and 20 show up (regedit from the command prompt, since I cannot log into Windows 7 in any mode.

The startup repair doesn't find a fault. What now? I want to avoid a clean install, if at all possible...

A:User account corrupted, administrator account not accessible

You could try a Repair Install: Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228388-user-account-corrupted-administrator-account-not-accessible.html
Relevancy 57.62%

When I click on a hyperlink I am getting a pop up window that say's choose profile atop and profile name with ms exchange settings in a drop down window but I don't know how to configure. I would like to set my yahoo email account as the default email account-I don't want to download my email on this account. How can I go about setting this up?

thanks

z

Relevancy 57.19%

My computer was set up using a single user account with admin privileges and all apps have been installed. In order to minimize the virus threat I now want to create a user account without admin privileges, but be able to access all apps and itunes library that I have already installed using the admin account.

Please let me have a step by step method how I should set about doing this

My system : i3 windows 8.1 4GB RAM 500GB HD

Thankyou

A:How 2 transfer apps from Admin account to ltd user account

I'd go to Control Panel, Users Account and add a new Standard account. The new name only has to be one character different. The new account should be able to do most things but will be quite limited in making changes to the computer.
How Microsoft Overhauled User Accounts In Windows 8
I'd leave the existing account alone, should always have at least one that has administrative rights. There is an actual Administrator account but it is hidden on purpose.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/59044-how-2-transfer-apps-admin-account-ltd-user-account.html
Relevancy 53.75%

when trying to open recently added music/video files onto my computer it comes up with the message 'file corrupted at transfer'. Is there anything i can do to sort this out?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/files-corrupted-at-transfer.552009/
Relevancy 53.75%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Program Files Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit bin SRVANY EXE C Program Files Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit bin SCTThresholdMonitor exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files AOL Active Virus Shield avp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C PROGRA ALLTEL SMARTB MotiveSB exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files AOL transfer Setup from Corrupted Active Virus Shield avp exe C Program Files Setup Corrupted from transfer mobile PhoneTools WatchDog exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files Microsoft Setup Corrupted from transfer ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer csrss exe C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup dllhost exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Jukebox ymetray exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C Program Files Common Files A Setup Corrupted from transfer - DF- - - Update exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MI Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO TGTSoft Explorer Toolbar Changer - C CF - F- - AC-E D C C - C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP TGT BHO dll O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - C Program Files Free Download Manager iefdmcks dll O - BHO WeeklyExecuter Class - f f -ab - db-abbd- c a - C WINDOWS inetloader dll file missing O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar AccuWeather com Toolbar - b fdbb e- c c- ed-a c- f b f c - mscoree dll file missing O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run DLA C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRL... Read more

Relevancy 53.75%

Dear all my Old Hdd is corrupted while i transfer file to my new pc is there a way to recover a Hdd corrupted issue?

A:transfer file from old hdd to new hdd corrupted

Hi xiaocb, and welcome to TSG.

We may need a few more details ...

1) Was the old HDD a bootable system drive? If so what was the operating system?

2) How was the old drive formatted; FAT32, NTFS, other?

3) Did you have any problems using the drive in the old computer?

4) How is the old drive connected to the new PC?

5) What is the new computer's operating system?

6) Are you saying the drive did work in the computer at first and then became corrupted?

7) Exactly how is the drive corrupted? Does the operating system acknowledge the drive is connected? Is it listed as have some used space? Are all contents corrupted or just some files?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-file-from-old-hdd-to-new-hdd-corrupted.788618/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone and merry Christmas!

I followed the procedure found on the web, I entered "netplwiz" and did uncheck ?Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer".
There is no password set.
THere is just one user/account which is obviously also the administrator.
(the Account tab shows also HomeGroupUser$, but I guess is a default option...)

the point is that when I switch the pc on, I have to click on the icon of the user account in order to see the desktop. Is there any chance I can login automatically without even clicking on the user icon?
thanks a lot in advance

A:Auto login, one account, no password: avoid to click account icon?

Hello Lorcar, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Go ahead and create a password for your user account, then do the tutorial below again to enter the new password and set your user account to be logged into automatically at startup.

Log On Automatically at Startup

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204437-auto-login-one-account-no-password-avoid-click-account-icon.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello to all Some unexpected problem recently caused Corrupted to. me files. to allow won't windows Need transfer my windows installation to get corrupted and now I Need to transfer files. Corrupted windows won't allow me to. want to simply Need to transfer files. Corrupted windows won't allow me to. reinstall it and start anew with a fresh install However some important files were in the Need to transfer files. Corrupted windows won't allow me to. directory where windows is installed and now I m having some difficulty in getting them out The windows installation directory was in the local disk C The problem is that I can t boot normally and in safe-mode I tried using my windows boot cd to try and repair windows The commands chkdsk bootcfg rebuild fixmbr and fixboot all did not work I also tried installing windows in another completely unused drive which was D However when I try to do this it says that it is checking the hard disks and freezes when it is checking C after which I am left with no option but to restart The files are inside a folder in C Drive outside the WINDOWS Folder so I was hoping if I could somehow uninstall windows only but can t figure out how to do that Right now I just need a way to copy that folder in C Drive put it in any of the other drives D E or F and then reformat and reinstall The OS is Windows XP Professional Service Pack Is there anyway I can get this done Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Need to transfer files. Corrupted windows won't allow me to.

Hi Rydium,

Your best shot might be to make a boot CD that has its own OS self contained. Booting to one of those will allow you to copy your files if they are still readable on the drive.

A BartPE CD or a Linux live CD would do that. Google for those and you'll get plenty of instructions.

There are other ways too but they are command line driven and pretty clumsy for most folks.

There is a possibility that your files will not be visible due to media damage, file system corruption, disk errors, or missing system permissions.

You could also slave the drive in another computer and see if the files are readable.

Good luck. Post back if you have questions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-transfer-files-corrupted-windows-wont-allow-me-to.943596/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi All I m the newbee here i read through the forum on windows usb problem however i cannot find what i have encounted exactly mostly you guys have the problem either stopped on the usb data transfer from windows PC to a usb HDD or flash data transfer corrupted Usb file drive or crashed and Usb data transfer file corrupted give errors However i dont encount this sreious problem but rather annoying problem As soon as i use my Windows PC to copy a file to usb stick the process is all ok but when i read the file it seems to be corrupted example if i have put a avi file in the usb drive it will play as skipped I have updated the hotfix http support microsoft com kb but still doesnt fix my problem I have updated the chipset driver from nvidia web site still no help I know for sure that problem occured after i fresh installed to windows from xp pro I have also tried to uninstall the usb root hub but still give me the same driver as it was anyone has similar problem please advise thanks alot

A:Usb data transfer file corrupted

Quote: Originally Posted by pheebs

Hi All,
I m the newbee here, i read through the forum on windows 7 usb problem, however, i cannot find what i have encounted exactly, mostly you guys have the problem either stopped on the usb data transfer from windows 7 PC to a usb HDD or flash drive; or crashed and give errors. However, i dont encount this sreious problem but rather annoying problem.
As soon as i use my Windows 7 PC to copy a file to usb stick, the process is all ok, but when i read the file, it seems to be corrupted, example, if i have put a avi file in the usb drive, it will play as skipped.
I have updated the hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976972 but still doesnt fix my problem. I have updated the chipset driver from nvidia web site, still no help.

I know for sure that problem occured after i fresh installed to windows 7 from xp pro.

I have also tried to uninstall the usb root hub but still give me the same driver as it was.

anyone has similar problem? please advise, thanks alot,

Hi and welcome

One way to narrow the problem down would be to use a different copy utility like teracopy. if the problem changes its in win 7 if not might be hardware or driver

Good luck

KJ

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/52122-usb-data-transfer-file-corrupted.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I ve recently returned from holiday and took photos on my digital camera using a mini-SD card in an adaptor to make it normal sized When I came to move these pictures on to my laptop I did this by putting the mini-SD card into my phone and connecting it Before copying all the files on to my laptop I browsed through them Photos (JPEG) corrupted transfer SD Card after from on the laptop screen but still Photos (JPEG) corrupted after transfer from SD Card stored on the phone acting as a mass storage device which I now wish I hadn t Suddenly the pictures stopped previewing and the system crashed and on reloading the SD card had become unreadable Windows and my phone telling me it was unformatted Photos (JPEG) corrupted after transfer from SD Card I recovered the files using PC Inspector File Recovery but my main problem now is they won t open - opening them in any application comes up with a message along the lines of quot No preview available quot or quot This is Photos (JPEG) corrupted after transfer from SD Card not a valid bitmap file or its format is not supported quot I ve tried some programmes on the basis that the files attributes have been corrupted in some way but as yet no luck I d really like to be able to open the files - it s annoying having them available but not being able to open them or even preview them so any ideas would be appreciated To sum up my problem I have a host of unopenable JPEG files - is there any way I can get them open in any form Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Photos (JPEG) corrupted after transfer from SD Card

What photo editing software do you use?
Have you had any luck downloading any of the images.
If it is the chip, you have little hope, as those mini SD chips can be so very fragile. If it was caused by the camera, you may have.
Have you attempted to download them through a good USB card reader, or a system mini SD reader apart from the Camera

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/photos-jpeg-corrupted-after-transfer-from-sd-card.86542/
Relevancy 52.89%

I was living with a relative who had a comcast account. She allowed me to put my email address on that account. Relative moved away, closed the comcast account. I opened up a new comcast account and wanted to transfer my email address from the first account to my new account. How do I do this?

A:transferring email addresses from one Comast account to another comcast account

If the account was closed then the messages are likely gone. Unless you have them stored in an email program on your computer such as Outlook, Live Mail, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, or something similar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-email-addresses-from-one-comast-account-to-another-comcast-account.1069973/
Relevancy 52.89%

I installed Windows on Christmas Day and I skipped the email account setup parts I never used any APPS yet in fact I removed everything app-related from my start screen including notifications etc I have used the Classic Shell so account up my local Live Setting account email 'destroyed' far but today I thought Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account I'd set up the Live email account login While I was setting up the app account I kept getting emails from the live account manager to confirm what I was doing and I confirmed each one The last thing it Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account asked to 'Trust this PC' I did so and my machine name appeared on my Microsoft account profile page under quot Trusted PC quot But when I restarted I Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account could no longer log in with my local account or the new Live email account I logged in as Administrator and saw that my local account name was changed from my username to lt xxxxxxx yyyyyyyyy com gt my live account ID It would not allow Administrator to change the account name or my password I tried to log in with the email and Live password but it said I could not log in with his PC and that I need to resolve the issue with the live account on-line I had a password reset disk USB drive and I used it It started up the reset wizard and I put back my old password It finished with no error but I still could not log in Finally I logged in as Administrator and restored my Acronis system image from yesterday Then everything was back to normal I have no idea what happened I was very careful doing each of these steps I see a clue though on the Microsoft account page in the Trusted PC area is says quot To add a trusted PC to your account you need to access your account using Internet Explorer and have Windows Live Essentials installed quot I was using Chrome to set this up and I don't have Live Essentials installed There was no indication in the set up that this was required But at any rate it still listed my machine name as trusted so what does that tell you

A:Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account

What exact steps did you take when creating the live account?

Was this a new account? or did you use the switch to a Microsoft account?

I could not tell you what happened.

I have several Local and Live accounts on my system for testing, and I do not have Live Essentials installed
All of my accounts work perfectly. And across PC's, as I have a desktop also setup with a couple of different and same accounts.

It is possible that Chrome caused an issue. and it is possible you need Live Essentials to use chrome properly. I don't know as I forbid Chrome being installed on any of my PC's.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/17310-setting-up-live-email-account-destroyed-my-local-account.html