Windows Support Forum

Solved: Excel Graph: Not changing Cells, Changing Chart Value

Q: Solved: Excel Graph: Not changing Cells, Changing Chart Value

Okay.. here is one of those stupid simple things I never had to do before and can't figure out how to do it.. I know it's basic.. but .. I self taught so my training skipped around a lot.. sorry!

Basically I did a graph for a yearly set of values, not yet filled in.

My boss wants these charts to show percentages through 100% even blank, but it keeps defaulting to 0.something ranges.

For the life of me I cannot remember how to do this and on my search of the site was harry in trying to figure out a decent search range. Any help is most sincerely appreciated. I have a feeling it wil be a smack my head kind of thing.

Thank you!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Excel Graph: Not changing Cells, Changing Chart Value

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 81.22%

Hello guys, I just can't work this one out. A simple formula somewhere on the worksheet "=B1-B11" will give us the answer to the contents of B1 minus the contents of B11.

Here's where I am stuck. I want the answer to be B1 minus what is in the cell that is 10 cells down, in this case B11. But I want the be able to change how many cells it will go down to find the cell to subtract from cell B1.

In my example, if I put 10 in cell A1 how do I make so if I change it to 5, the above formula will effectively be "=B1-TheCellThatIsA5CellsDown", in this example the same answer as the formula will effectively be "=B1-B6" if even makes sense?

Thank you in advance.
Aussiemosis

A:Solved: Excel - Changing the range to include a certain number of cells

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-changing-the-range-to-include-a-certain-number-of-cells.704578/
Relevancy 107.93%

How can I get my chart to LOCK the way it looks. Sometimes it takes up the whole page and sometimes it is small like I created it.

Kristi

PS Excel 2000

Relevancy 96.75%

Q. When I inserted my Excel graph into PowerPoint, the graph had some of the Excel worksheet cells included with the graph. Can I avoid having these extra cells?

Thankyou to anyone who can help!

Relevancy 90.3%

Hi,

I am trying to suppress blank rows/cells from appearing in a combined column/line chart in Excel 2003.

The cells have a formula in them so I have tried putting "", 0 and NA() in the cells but none of these seem to work. I just get 0,0,#N/A as the labels/data values in the chart accordingly. I have also tried Tools|Options|Chart "Plot empty cells as not potted".

Please see attached for examples of chart.

Does anyone know how to do this? I want to keep the range dynamic so I don't want to have to hide rows.

Thanks!!!

A:Suppressing blank rows/cells in Excel 2003 chart

It's possible to do something by using:

#N/A

in formulas. See attached: the left chart is based on A1:A6 (values) and skips the blanks, whereas the right chart is based in B1:B6 (formulas) and ... "trends" over the blanks.

If this doesn't point you in the right direction, upload your file and say more about what you actually want to appear, if poss.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suppressing-blank-rows-cells-in-excel-2003-chart.768736/
Relevancy 82.99%

I've been trying to figure out a way to change the color of a row based on the value of a single cell. The issue is I have 6 cells of which would need to be checked, each provide a different fill and font color change. I've tried Conditional Formats but that didn't work out too well for me and it's been years since I touched VB so I have no clue where to start there. I figure it would be easier to do in VB. . . so anyone know where I should start?

A:changing the row based on variables from multiple cells

okay. i've figured out a formula to run grouping them in 3 different groups that look like this:

For Each cell In Worksheets("sheet1").Range(Worksheets("sheet1").Range("$o:$q"), _
Worksheets("sheet1").Range("$o:$q").End(xlDown))
If cell.Value = 1 Then
cell.EntireRow.Font.Color = RGB(255, 255, 255)
cell.EntireRow.Interior.Color = RGB(102, 67, 251)
End If
Next cell

now i just need to make the code smaller cause each group has this code.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-row-based-on-variables-from-multiple-cells.946126/
Relevancy 81.7%

Can anybody help with this question? I have a massive spread sheet with numerical data in it. on paper I have associated a number to different ranges.

For example in columb A any number that is between 25-30 needs to be converted to 0.375. Can anyone tell me a quick way to convert these and other numbers in one go?

Relevancy 81.27%

Hey all,

I have come to you in a fit of desperation. My USB drive was stolen recently and my master Excel data file was lost, which contained all my compiled data from my most recent lab experiment.

Anyway, I have charts of all the important stuff in a word document. The data is there, I can hover on each data point and see the values, and the axes and chart are all accessible for editing.

My question is, how the heck do I extract that data back out of the chart into a table or Excel spreadsheet? There MUST be a way that is better than copying down each data point one at a time

Your help is greatly appreciated.

A:Excel chart in Word 2010: extract chart values? Lost Excel data file!!!! Help.

Hi welcome to the fourm.
I don't know it reverse engineering is possible.
Something like convert chart to table?

One thing you could try is copy the chart back to a new Excel file and see if more is possible there than in Word?

Like I said never needed this. Have you googled for something like Excel data reverse enginieering?
Maybe something come up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-chart-in-word-2010-extract-chart-values-lost-excel-data-file-help.1041185/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a tab delimited .txt file. One of the fields has 5-2056 in it. When I open the file in Excel, it gets changed to May-56. How can I stop this? I can't edit the data, and I can't format the cell (it's not an actual cell/spreadsheet).

A:Solved: Excel, stop changing to date

If you want the 5-2056 kept as is, then do the following.
Select all the cells with data in
Click on Data, Text to Columns
Delimited, NEXT
Select the delimiters you want to apply e.g.TABS, NEXT
The 5-2056 should now be shown in its own columnand the heading should say general. If so just click on Finish
It should now be in its own columns and the 5-2056 will appear just as that.

hope that works foryou.

Come back if you need more clarity.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-stop-changing-to-date.668065/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi there,

may somebdoy please advise (I am pure newbie at Macros):
*I want to create button (I can dot that) and assign Macro to it:
*Copy selected cells (C3:N3)
*Paste values against respective product code (product code can be changed manually in A2)

It happens in the same working sheet (or not a problem if haapens in another sheet)

Many thanks in advance (this would save me some time and efforet)

SM

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi everybody,

I really didn't know how to call this question, but I will try to make it clear.

I got an Excel sheet which contains in total over 1000 names and adresses. These adresses contain a lastname, surname and adresse etc.

Cell b10 contains for example, "Klaasen, P"
Cell c10 contains the adress of this person.

Now I would like to get the content of the b10 cell to "P, Klaasen" instead of "Klaasen, P"

Is this possible in any way? I can't find any options in Excel for doing this and I can't find anything on the internet.

Thanks in advance!
Willem

Relevancy 79.98%

Hey guys i need a formula that can change my 1000's of dates from regular mm/dd/yy into year and Quarter

so for example my date is 10/12/05

i need it to output 2005 Q4

thanks

A:Solved: Excel-Changing dates to year and Quarter

Assuming your dates are in column A, you can use this formula and drag it down all of the cells. Hope that helps.

=RIGHT(YEAR(A1),4)&" "&"Q"&ROUNDUP(MONTH(A1)/3,0)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-changing-dates-to-year-and-quarter.1057227/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have the following data:

1/1/05
2/1/05
3/1/05
Each of the cells is formatted as a date, and is a value.
What I would like to do (and what could be done under Lotus) is to record a macro that puts the ' in front of 1/1/05 and makes it a value. I realize there are other ways to do this, but the functionality of adding a character before a value is what I am looking for.

Functionally, I record this macro with these keystrokes:

F2 Home ' Enter

which results in this code:

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "'1/1/2005"
Range("A3").Select

If I run this macro, it changes the cells underneath to 1/1/05, instead of keeping their date. Where am I going wrong here and how can I make this work?

Thanks!

Relevancy 79.98%

Does anyone know how to change the format of the [date] that is put into a footer?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Excel - Changing date format in footer

Hi slgraham22,

the only way is via a macro: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213742

lol
Hew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-changing-date-format-in-footer.455641/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi folks,

Does anyone know how to change the purple default colour for a used hyperlink in Excel 2003?
I have managed to use Format/Style/Modify option to take off the underline and set my font size but would like the actual text not to change clour from blue to purple.

A:Solved: Changing visited hyperlink colour in Excel 2003

Make sure you have a hyperlink and a followed hyperlink in the sheet

Format > Style and in the name dropdown choose hyperlink / followed hyperlink and > modify. You should be able to change the colour

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-visited-hyperlink-colour-in-excel-2003.922791/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi all I have done a decent amount of Java but VB is slightly confusing to me I want to be able to write a loop which will copy data transpose it and then paste it It needs to do this several hundred times with each copied data-set being on a new row Code Dim Num As Integer For Num To 'start loop 'cut source cells Sheets quot -ANSWERS- - - - quot Select Range quot A C quot Select Selection Cut 'Paste-Copy-PasteSpecial Sheets quot Sheet quot Select Range quot A quot Select ActiveSheet Paste Selection Copy in Solved: Changing a question Reference: VBA/Excel Noob Cell Range quot A quot Select Selection PasteSpecial Paste xlAll Operation xlNone SkipBlanks False Transpose True 'Delete Source Rows Sheets quot -ANSWERS- - - - quot Select Rows quot quot Select Solved: Changing a Cell Reference: Noob question in VBA/Excel Application CutCopyMode False Selection Delete Shift xlUp Next Num ' end loop 'Autofit the data Sheets quot Sheet quot Select Columns quot A AG quot EntireColumn AutoFit nb The reason for the cut-paste-copy-pastespecial is because Excel won t cut and paste-special across different sheets As you can see I m nearly there but currently all it does is paste each new set of data over the existing one in cell A How do I make it increment the destination row by or on each iteration This is incredibly simple but it won t let me just do Code Range quot A quot Num Select which is what I would do in Java Is this just a syntax thing or am I approaching it in the wrong way nbsp

A:Solved: Changing a Cell Reference: Noob question in VBA/Excel

You use Activecell.Offset(r,c).select to move from the current cell. You increment r for rows and c for columns.
Excel has no problems with "Paste Special Transpose" when moving from sheet to sheet. I just recorded this Macro of doing just that -
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=True

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-a-cell-reference-noob-question-in-vba-excel.384873/
Relevancy 74.82%

I'm back with another challenge. This time its within a graph.

What I'm trying to do is show a line of temperatures for the years shown for each city here.

So in other words, Phillys average temp for 1951-52 was 30. 1953-54 temp was 35. So I need the line to show it for Philly only. It needs to be one line, not like below. Then the same for the other cities. Not sure how to set it up like that.

Let me know if you have questions. Thanks!

A:Line chart for seperate data points in graph(Pic)

Hi Cambrium,

I have no idea but I would need a sheet to work on.
Could you attach the graph you posted as image in a sheet with the tabel and the graph as shown, I don't need the rest.
I don't howvere understand the 'One Line'
Maybe you could put a small tabe or image next showing what you really want to see

I assume it's Excel but you omitted to mention which version you're using, not quite unimportant seing that 2007 and 2010 have extra features 2003 does not support

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/line-chart-for-seperate-data-points-in-graph-pic.1065747/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

For some reason, the numbers for the left axis are in the middle of my chart and I have highlighted the axis and reformatted to no avail.

How can I change the settings so it is shown on the far left as usual?

I've uploaded a jpg showing the problem.

A big thanks in advance,

/ GE

A:Excel 2010 Chart Left Axis is in middle of chart

Thats the normal default behaviour since you have both positive and negative values on the X-axis - the chart assumes you want to see the value extremes so it places the y-axis at the zero position of the x-axis.

You can shift the Y-axis to the far left by using the format x-axis option, like this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/279197-excel-2010-chart-left-axis-middle-chart.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I originally made one account with admin rights on my PC in June.

I added a standard account for my dad last week, but the only way I could customize the desktop and theme for him with larger fonts, non-Aero theme, fewer desktop icons, etc was to make his account an admin account also. Otherwise when I tried to open the Control Panel to customize things, I only got error messages saying stuff along the lines of "this page was unable to load". I also had broken shortcut images (generic Windows icons, no arrows) until I made it an admin account.

Now that I've made all the customizations I want to his desktop and theme, will removing admin rights and downgrading his account to a standard one screw up the customizations? Can I switch it back and forth if I wish to make additional changes or customizations in the future?

A:Changing account type - changing GUI and desktop customizations, too?

Okay, I guess I can answer my own question.

Switching an Administrator account to a Standard account does screw up icons in Computer - it makes them vanish, actually - but not those on the Desktop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/313108-changing-account-type-changing-gui-desktop-customizations-too.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello sevenforums I have a problem size changing personalization. changing in whenever Font settings with my computer i recently purchased Here is my story This all started whenever I wanted to change my text size different by changing my DPI Font size changing whenever changing settings in personalization. settings What I did was Font size changing whenever changing settings in personalization. right click go to screen resolution and clicked on quot Make text and other items larger or smaller quot From this I changed it to from I noticed it had changed my font size to the It then made everything SUPER small when I changed my theme settings Whenever I right click and go into personalization settings I do the usual customizing to my likings Since I want to save the theme I do so by naming it blah Now I want to use the blah theme by click on it and I do so Everything is fine and dandy until I right click my desktop to refresh out of habit This is the before and after of the font sizes Before After My workaround was to set a custom DPI setting log off like it prompts me to then changing it back to again prompting to do so It is so annoying to do so Help me It is driving me crazy and I have no idea how to fix it I cannot save a theme and change to it otherwise it results in the small font It affects all the fonts soon afterwards Like google chrome will be fine until i exit and restart the program Then a super small font follows

A:Font size changing whenever changing settings in personalization.

can anyone help please

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239216-font-size-changing-whenever-changing-settings-personalization.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello to all,

recently my excel started to change the dates lets say from 02/01/08 to 06/08/02 etc. But it doesnt change all dates just some. Please, help me with this.

My operating system is Windows XP.

Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-changing-dates.690589/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey guys Even after some searching Problem Excel Solved: Graph in I can not figure out how to perform these Solved: Graph Problem in Excel tasks I failed them on my exam and would like to know how to do them for future reference quot Create a chart which shows the base federal income tax rate as columns and the gross pay as a line for each employee in the company No other data series should appear on the chart Title the chart Federal Tax Rate and Gross Income and place it on a new chart sheet named Gross Tax The left-hand primary y-axis of the chart must give the scale for the base federal income tax rate and should be titled Tax Rate in Percentages The right-hand secondary y-axis must give the scale for the gross pay and should be titled Dollars Label the x-axis Employee Names -- names of all employees should appear on the x-axis Include a legend on the top of the chart distinguishing the data of the base federal income tax rate series from the gross pay series Do not manually position your chart legend quot All the data is made up I sincerely appreciate all help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-graph-problem-in-excel.1075719/
Relevancy 71.38%

Does anyone have a sample or working Excel sheet that includes the MouseMove feature that they could post? I need to be able to click on a point on a graph and pull the point info out. I'm completely lost with the Class programming etc. and I don't want to waste everyone's time inching my way through this.
Excel seems to do this automatically through a built in function. If I move my mouse over a point on a graph, Excel pops up a small box containing the point info. However, I don't think that this box or the info it contains can be extracted...or can it?
Thanks
Tom

A:Solved: Excel Graph with MouseMove

I haven't got any code but my EXcel VBA book says you use Select Case ElementID where it is
xlDataLabel: ID = "DataLabel"
with a mouse click action but it may not work with an embedded chart.
I can't find anything in Excel's VB help on it at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-graph-with-mousemove.436806/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi As application engineer and responsible amongst other things for creating reports in Excel I get many request to produce reports I have a workbook in which I read all the necessary network logs to show connection time servers uptime diskusage by the last months etc I now a have a request for disk use and what I was thinking of is a sheet with equal parts like pie chart with equel values one for each month The thing is that a Pie Chart resizes the parts by the percentage shown logical but not what I am looking for Each month gives the of disk usage per month - is green - is orange - is red Graph EXCEL Solved: Custom All I want is the part that corresponds to the month to color according to the Solved: EXCEL Custom Graph value I have a test with triangles as objects and named these accordingly MON MON MON --- MON and set the color by object name but is there a simpler method Using a Select case it works Any suggestions and ideas are welkom nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

I need a macro that will compare lists in Excel and pull out any values that are identical in two columns I got the macro in this post from microsoft s website but the problem is I think it only goes from A A while I need it to go from A A I tried just changing the A and A to A but I got an error Can anyone help me change what needs changed Sub DelDups TwoLists Dim iListCount As IntegerDim iCtr As Integer Turn off screen updating to speed up macro Application ScreenUpdating False Get count of records to search through list that will be deleted iListCount Sheets quot sheet quot Range quot A A quot Rows Count Loop through the quot master quot list Macro, changing range Excel For Each x In Sheets quot Sheet quot Range quot A A quot Loop through all records in the second list For iCtr To iListCount Do comparison of next record To specify a different column change to the column number If x Value Sheets quot Sheet quot Cells iCtr Value Then If match is true then delete Excel Macro, changing range row Sheets quot Sheet quot Cells iCtr Delete xlShiftUp Increment counter to account for deleted row iCtr iCtr End If Next iCtrNextApplication ScreenUpdating TrueMsgBox quot Done quot End Sub EDIT I posted this and I notice that the forum did some formatting I found the macro at http support microsoft com kb It is the second macro on the page nbsp

A:Excel Macro, changing range

Well here's the problem.

800,000 cells is a lot of cells.
The Microsoft code isn't build to deal with this many, with good reason, as on making it large enough Excel crashes (at least on my laptop).

How many rows of data do you actual have?
And can I also ask how many columns?
Hopefully nothing like 800,000 records, so reduce the amount of cells to count.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-changing-range.816374/
Relevancy 70.52%

I am trying to change the color and font of a few words in an automated e-mail I am sending VBA Excel in words color of Changing out VIA VBA in outlook Here is the code I would like to change the quot payment due quot so that the number it takes from the workasheet shows up be in the color red Compose Changing color of words in Excel VBA the message Msg quot quot Msg Msg amp quot Hello quot amp Cells cel Row amp quot quot amp vbCrLf Msg Msg amp quot Please confirm the following Changing color of words in Excel VBA payment s due quot amp Cells cel Row amp quot quot Msg Msg amp Cells cel Row Text amp quot USD quot amp vbCrLf Msg Msg amp quot This is for invoice quot amp Cells cel Row amp quot due quot amp Cells cel Row amp vbCrLf Msg Msg amp quot If there is an issue regarding the invoice please contact me at the below number quot amp vbCrLf Msg Msg amp quot Thanks you quot amp vbCrLf Msg Msg amp quot Bill quot amp vbCrLf Msg Msg amp quot quot Let me know if this is possible Thanks nbsp

A:Changing color of words in Excel VBA

You must use HTML formatting in your email but just to let you know, the formatting will not show up on the other persons PC if their mail client uses plain text formatting. Here is some code to help get you started. If you can't put it all together just let me know and I'll help you with the rest.
Code:
Public Sub ColorMail()

Dim olApp As Outlook.Application
Dim olEmail As Outlook.MailItem

Set olApp = New Outlook.Application
Set olEmail = olApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
olEmail.HTMLBody = "<font face='Arial' color='red'> HERE IS RED TEXT</font><br />"
olEmail.HTMLBody = olEmail.HTMLBody & vbCrLf & "<font face='Arial' color='green'> HERE IS GREEN TEXT</font><br />"
olEmail.HTMLBody = olEmail.HTMLBody & vbCrLf & "<font face='Arial' color='blue'> HERE IS GREEN TEXT</font><br />"
olEmail.Display

End Sub
Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-color-of-words-in-excel-vba.550177/
Relevancy 70.52%

I recently changed the DPI setting on my computer But now all my Office excel spread sheets do not fit within the margins and page breaks they did before the change I had meticulously entered my data so it fitted exactly page to page but now it has all changed so pages flow onto the next and exceed the margins Even before I made the change if I emailed my spread sheet to others they could not view it the way I had set it up unless their DPI was exactly the same as mine eg data effects documents dpi changing excel not fitting within pages and margins Is there some way of overcoming this I could changing all my sheets so they now quot fit quot as I want them changing dpi effects excel documents to with the changed DPI setting but it won t alleviate the problem of email recipients being able to view them the way I had set them up I am using Windows amp Office excel nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

I want to be able that when I do a sum function, Excel automaticly makes the sum the color red and bold. For example:

I know I can format each cell that a sum will be in, but I don't want to do that if I don't have to.

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,
I have disabled every auto-correct and auto-format option I can find, but Excel still won't stop changing my numbers to dates. If I type 1-2, it automatically changes it to 2-Jan, and so on. I'd really appreciate any suggestions you can offer me. My bio grade appreciates it, too. Thanks.

A:Excel Keeps Changing Numbers to Dates

Have you tried formatting the field(s) to text?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-keeps-changing-numbers-to-dates.198635/
Relevancy 70.52%

Ever since installing SP2, when I download excel files from some bank websites, instead of downloading & opening them in excel, it opens them in a web based version of excel within IE. What setting can I change to make it open in Excel like it used to before SP2?

The Windows Firewall is disabled and I have the pop-up blocker enabled, but the websites I go to are in the exception list.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-how-excel-files-are-downloaded-with-sp2.341807/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a VERY LARGE worksheet typed all in caps. I would like to convert this to upper and lower case. Excel help says to use the formula =PROPER(CELL REFERENCE). This does work but with over 4000 lines in this particular worksheet, it would take forever to convert each cell in each line. I can't get it to work for multiple cells abut I'm not too familiar with writing formulas in Excel and might be doing it wrong. Is there a way to get that command to change several cells at once, or even better, to be able to do an entire column at once. I just received this worksheet and I only have until tomorrow to reformat it. ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Relevancy 70.52%

I'm having a problem that no one here can fix. When I try to open a file in Excel and need to switch directories it takes minutes, literally, to go from one directory to another.

I'm running Excel 2002 on an IBM T30 with XP. HD has plenty of room, I've tried defragging the disk, repairing Excel, running Spybot, Adaware, Norton etc. I have no problem with Word or Explorer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-directories-very-slow-in-excel.357560/
Relevancy 70.52%

When I try to change the fonts in Excel 2000, my computer locks up. Is this a known issue with Excel 2000 or is it just my computer?

A:Changing Fonts in Excel 2000

It's not a known issue, so must be a problem on your system. Have you done a Detect and Repair yet? Go to Help, Detect and Repair. If this does not correct the problem, you may have to uninstall and reinstall Excel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-fonts-in-excel-2000.73246/
Relevancy 70.52%

There is an Excel App on our network that gets used by multiple users. In this app there are some VLookups that pull information from other spreadsheets. The problem we are having is that the physical paths in the VLookups are being changed to relative paths. Instead of using L:\Files\somefile.xls it changes to \\server\share\somefile.xls.

When this happens the VLookup stops working, it's odd because both paths are legetimate but only the one with the physical path works. This is happening on several different spreadsheets and the formulas have to continualy remapped.

All users are using Office 97 but the OS are mixed, Win ME, 2000 and 98. Any ideas?

Here are the Vlookups:

Before
=VLOOKUP($C18,'L:\shared files\[EmpDataLog.xls]RATE'!$B$10:$AZ$642,5)

After
=VLOOKUP($C18,'\\server01\shared files\[EmpDataLog.xls]RATE'!$B$10:$AZ$642,5)

A:Paths changing in VLookups (Excel)

Hi, Tal. I suspected, so I confirmed with someone else here at work, that your users have drives mapped differently and they really need to be the same.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/paths-changing-in-vlookups-excel.47498/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have an HP Pavilion dv7-1247d. The backlit volume controls at the back of the keyboard work fine for the volume, but touching the controls also opens Excel...sometimes multiple times. Any ideas?

A:Excel Opens When Changing Volume

LOL ok.. this one just.. caught my eye. That's funny. Did you accidentally set a hot key?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-opens-when-changing-volume.816073/
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm not a Mac user, but a person I am working with is....
We have data exported from various applications into xls or csv files. When I open the files, I get the information needed. However, if the other person (using a mac) opens the file, the number field is changed to a date. The number input format is xxxx-xxxx & displays for her as x/x/xxxx. The date numbers are not at all similar to the orginal numbers (Example 1012-2012 does not display as 10/12/2012 but as 8/1/2514).
She is using excel for Mac 2011
Any suggestions?

A:Numbers changing to date in Excel for Mac

Hi, welcome to the forum,
The problem is that the is too much 'intelligence' built in Excel.
Excel makes it's own intertrepation when enetring a number and if 'it thinks that it's a data' it set the format to date format.

When importing a csv file you can also set the the format general but I don't know how the MAc version does this.
You could Google something like "Excel maintain original fort when reading csv file" and see what that brings you.

You have to thank Miscrosoft for this 'built in intelligence'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/numbers-changing-to-date-in-excel-for-mac.1084605/
Relevancy 70.09%

Would someone be able to help me turn the data on the attached workbook into a bar graph?

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi

I am wondering if there is a simple macro that would allow me to format cells throughout a workbook based on whether they contain an input (ie number/text etc) vs. a calculation (anything with a formula).

Basically I'm looking for an automated way to colour my inputs in blue font and calculations in blank font across all worksheets in a workbook.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

A:Excel macro to format input cells vs calculation cells

I wanted to point out that this can be done without using a macro. In Excel you can click EDIT >> GOTO >> SPECIAL and put a check in the option labeled "Formulas." After clicking OK all your formula cells should be automatically selected on the sheet. Once all cells have been selected you can change the font, background color, etc. for all the selected cells at once. If you prefer to use a macro instead you can try the code I provided below.

Code:
Sub FindFormulas()

For Each vcell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange

If vcell.HasFormula = False Then

vcell.Font.ColorIndex = 5

Else

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
'Replace with your code to execute if cell contains formula
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

End If

Next vcell

End Sub

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-to-format-input-cells-vs-calculation-cells.912669/
Relevancy 70.09%

I am trying to use part of a macro to change the active cell to a cell address determined from data entered by the user. For example, a user enters a date, the date is compared to a list of dates and when a match is found the cell address is returned. I want to then make the returned address the active cell. Can this be done and if so how?

A:MS Excel - Changing the Active Cell Macro

You would need to use VB code. I don't think you can record a macro to do that...do you already have a way to find the matching date or do you need help on that part too?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-excel-changing-the-active-cell-macro.253769/
Relevancy 70.09%

I am using Windows 98, Excel 2003.

We have 22 charts (pie and horizonltal and vertical bar charts) but the default colurs do not go with the corporate style of the reports that they need to go into.

Is there any way of changing the colour pallette ?

A:Excel Charts - Changing the default colours

Yes, open the Excel workbook that you want to modify, go to TOOLS then OPTIONS and select the COLOR tab , select a color beside Chart fills then click on Modify. Repeat with each color that you want to modify.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-charts-changing-the-default-colours.678642/
Relevancy 70.09%

I would like to have my list in excel have every other row of information a separate color so that the list is easy to read. (i.e. blue row, no fill row, blue row, no fill row, blue row, no fill row, etc.) I would like to be able to sort the data in this list without the color of each row sorting with the information. Is it possible to lock the fill properties of cells so that it does not sort along with the information in that cell?

A:Excel Sorting without cell properties changing

Here's how.

Select however many rows you need (click'n'drag on the row headers).

Choose Conditional Formatting from the Format menu.

Set Condition 1 to Formula Is. In the box, enter

=MOD(ROW(),2)<>0

Click the Format button. On the Patterns tab, choose a suitable blue. Click OK. Back in the previous dialog, OK again. The formatting will not be affected by Sort.

Rgds,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-sorting-without-cell-properties-changing.192935/
Relevancy 70.09%

whilst techguy was down today I also posted in officeexperts
[http://www.theofficeexperts.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3599]
I have been putting together some pivot table charts in excel (for my brother who has excel2000, I have excel2003 - both versions show the same problem).
the charts default to a bar chart.
I have set up a custom chart which has 1 bar and 1 line - i have also set it to default.
However, every time the chart is updated or change - ot changes back to the barchart only.

so say we have 5 periods of data and on the chart we look at period 1 - with a bar/line combo with clear background graph, when we change to period 2 on the pivot the chart changes to just a barchart with a gray background.

how can i set our custome chart to stay default.....

thanks

A:pivot charts in excel changing layout

found this - so its a known bug

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pivot-charts-in-excel-changing-layout.287531/
Relevancy 70.09%

In 2007 I use cell styles a lot when financial modelling, however I create all of mine from scratch and delete all of the default ones. This results in there being a Normal style in "Good, Bad and Neutral" and about 25 other styles in "Custom".Is there any way to:1. Change the name of the existing categories of Cell Style?2. Add a new category of cell style?3. Create a new cell style and assign it to a category other than Custom?I know there are add-ins that enable you to do all of the above in their proprietary windows but they don't then change the Excel gallery, I need this to change as I will then be getting other people to import styles from a spreadsheet I give them and those people will not have the add-ins.Hope that makes senseThanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-excel-2007-style-gallery-possible.904160/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,

I am beginning to suspect this is not possible. What I want is to have a column with "notes" in which the cells (and the rows with them) expand downwards to accommodate additional text. Can this be done? All the online tutorials just seem to think people want lots of nice additional empty white space at the top of the cells when they change the cell height!

Am I missing something? And can anyone help?

A:Changing cell height in excel 2013

just select text wrap. Column will get longer not wider though. The effect will be visible after you will finish cell editing or of you preformat cell height then all will be as you write (assuming that cell is correctly pre-formatted)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38674-changing-cell-height-excel-2013-a.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, there is one excel file that I have that I would like to keep a certain window size on my computer. I don't like to have to drag it back to the size I want every time I open the file. My other files don't seem to do this, once I change the size of the window it remains that size after I quit the program and re-open it. The file is protected but it seems to not want to listen to me when I try and format the window the way I want it to. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

A:Excel default window size keeps changing

What version of MS Office do you have?

As a general rule, once you drag the corner to the size you want and close the program, it will reopen to that same size. I don't think (but I could be wrong) that there's a way to choose a specific size for one particular document.

The only thing I can think of it to set your "restore down" to the size you want (assuming it's smaller than full screen) and then when you access that document you won't have to drag the corners but rather just click on the "restore down" icon in the top right-hand corner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-default-window-size-keeps-changing.1118312/
Relevancy 70.09%

First time coding VBA in excell and I want to execute some code anytime any cell changes in my worksheet. Cant figure out what event needs to call my code.

I attached the worksheet and my test code in the module.

Relevancy 70.09%

I have the following formula:
=IF(O5+O6=0,"100%",SUM(O6/O5))

With the following fields:
Row 5 - Eligible for fix
Row 6 - Fixed
Row 7 - Percentage achieved

The formula means if 5 and 6 are both zero, row 7 will show 100%

However with this the graph showing this data seems to recognise only the zero before the IF formula.

Can anyone help suggest how I can get around this?

Cheers
Mike

A:Solved: Excel 2007 - How to make an IF 0 = 100% show as 100% on a graph

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2007-how-to-make-an-if-0-100-show-as-100-on-a-graph.776304/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,
I have an excel sheet that is used to generate a graph. The data for the graph (columns) can be anywhere from 5 to 2000 data points. I set up a graph template that will graph whatever data I have from cells A2:A2001. My problem is: If I have only 10 data points, my x-axis will still be 2000 spaces long. If I put in zero or N/A# it will show up as either N/A# or blank or (0), based on the property I set for diplaying zero values. How can I get the x-axis to auto scale to only show the number of data points I have.

I will attach a sample sheet.

Thanks for you help.

A:Solved: Auto expand X-axis in Excel graph

redid some of your formulas....I don't do charts much, so....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-auto-expand-x-axis-in-excel-graph.676850/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have an excel workbook of which I have a worksheet that has linked calculation results that is used to create a chart. I have used this chart for 7 months, with not problems. It is a basic vertical bar graph that shows attendance by month.

This is dilemma: When I entered the last month (3/08/2011) into the graph data worksheet, the graph bars changed to vertical lines, squeezed together and it rendered my chart unreadable. Is there anyone who may know what I may have done incorrectly. I have never seen this before.

Thank you in advance!

A:Solved: Wierd Excel Chart Changes! Help Please

Did the axis change from "text" to "date" type? Assuming you're using Excel 2007 or 2010, right click on the axis, select the Format option from the pop up menu, and check the axis type. Change it from Auto or Date to Text.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wierd-excel-chart-changes-help-please.990206/
Relevancy 69.66%

hi i need someone to show me the steps or better still make chart in Solved: Break-even excel this break even graph up for me i have the data as follows but cant get it into a graph S variable costs per unit fixed costs price per unit BEP unit quantity Break even point this should be all you need what im after is a graph with the units quantity on the x axis and the costs going Solved: Break-even chart in excel up the y axis then there will be the total costs per uni ploted on the graph along with the revenue and fixed costs something looking along the lines of this http people revoledu com kardi tutorial Excel BreakEvenPoint html just i dont know how to get there even following that guide S i cant get my head round this so preferably if someone could make me this Solved: Break-even chart in excel chart and sent it via email or something that would be good hope you guys can help me out asap as this is due to be handed in soon nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,

Once again, I find myself drowning in the deep end of the ocean that is Microsoft Excel. I have attached two spreadsheets. I would like for my spreadsheet (My Failed Attempt.xls)to work like the one with the chart (Want to Emulate.xls).

It looks like I kind of have the formulas working (which means they are not displaying N/A), but I know I really don't. First, I don't know how Excel is able to tell what is in my combo box (first time creating a combobox in Excel). Also, I should add that I am using the offset and match functions, neither of which I fully understand as this is the first time I have worked with either. How do I setup the formulas so that when a value from the combo box is chosen, the correct data is returned.

Thank you,
Roger

Relevancy 69.66%

I want to email a chart as a picture from Excel rather than a workbook/worksheet. Is there an easy way to do it?

Relevancy 69.66%

EXCEL 2007I
'm trying to plot three lines verses time -- Two go to the primary axis and the third goes to the secondary Y axis. There is a common X axis (date) for all the lines. For some reason the third line uses the correct Y axis but it conpresses the X assis. Example the X axis is from 1/1/02 to 7/1/09. The first two plot are OK but the third (on the secondary axix) has all the points plotted but in a somewhat shorter X axis. I have tried many things but to no avail.

Don't know what to do -- any help would be appreciated. is there a secondary X axix? I can't find a way to access it

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi

I have been unable to recreate a graph that was originally in an excel workbbok which was password protected and am unable to get the password.

I have attached the following file.

•Excel document which contains both the information that was required to create the graph – I have made up the data in it and have omitted the “Quantity”, Price”, Product/Service Name and “Annual Sales for Product/Service” as these could be anything and a picture of the graph that I am trying to recreate (it never worked right the first time so that’s why the circles are appearing on top of one another)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i can't seem to work out how it was constructed.

Relevancy 69.66%

I have made a line graph from a table in Excel. Column A is intended as the X-axis values and column D is the values for the plotted series. I select the two columns, including headings and made a chart with this data. Unfortunately, Excel Chart creator insists on making column A data a series rather than an X-axis. How can I over-ride and fix the problem?

Relevancy 69.66%

hi

I have a chart to make in excel, it is like this there is targets and actual values for 3 years, (say 06, 07 &08). These are targets and actuals of two items ( say sales, retention). How do i plot them now? I want to show the targets and actual values for the sales and retention in a single chart. It should look like..say Sales has target of 10 in '06 and acheived 15. But it comes in the same bar with a diff color so. Similarly for the other.

Is this possible?

Rgds

Jokula

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi , i am working in finance and mostly with numbers .. i have two sheets the 1st sheet includes two columns [order number] and [value] order no. aren't sequentially and each order no. has unique value and both columns already filled... and the 2nd sheet have same columns but only contains a randomly group of [Order Value] and [value] column is empty and i need to fill each value of order no. from 1st sheet ...

A:Excel : How to copy specific cells if 2 others cells matched

Without knowing how your spreadsheet is arraigned, Column Letter & Row Numbers,the best I can offer is a general suggestion of using one of the =LOOKUP() functions,like =VLOOKUP() Somthing like:=IF(VLOOKUP(A1,SheetName!A1:B10,2,FALSE)Where cell A1 is your unique value.MIKEhttp://www.skeptic.com/

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/excel-how-to-copy-specific-cells-if-2-others-cells-matched/20094.html
Relevancy 69.23%

So I've figured out how to redefine Comma Style to the format that I want to use. But that only applies to a single workbook.

I also found instructions for how to save custom styles into a new default template. The problem here is that this only applies to new workbooks. Very rarely do I create a workbook from scratch, so this isn't much help.

I also figured out how to copy/merge custom styles from one workbook to another. But what do I do if I have hundreds of files I want this custom style to apply to?

Is there a way to redefine Excel's default definition of a given style such that it is applied universally in my local instance of the the program rather than just being file specific?

Thanks in advance!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/excel-2015-changing-default-style-definitions-1116041.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Trying to change the default save\open location for Excel 2000 queries which is:
C:\Documents and Settings\user profile\Application Data\Microsoft\Queries.

I would like to change this default location to a network drive????

Thank you.

A:Changing default location for Excel 2000 Query

Data - Get External Data - New Database Query - Options

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-default-location-for-excel-2000-query.268542/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a spreadsheet with a "Data" worksheet and then several other worksheets with pivot tables based on the "Data" worksheet. Every month, the data list changes and I have to go into each pivot table and change the source data.

Is there any way that the Source Data can be changed for ALL pivot tables in a spreadsheet (based on a change to data in the "Data" worksheet)?

T

A:Excel Pivot Tables - Changing Source Data

how does the data change
if you put the data into a table on a sheet name and then just update the table and sheet name , all you should need to do is refresh the pivot tables

can you describe the process completely

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/excel-pivot-tables-changing-source-data-1143186.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all,

For some unknown reason, when selecting source data for charts (new and existing), I cannot use CTRL to select more than 9 cells. As soon as I hit the tenth cell I get a system beep, and the cell selection bar empties. I used to be able to do this without a problem (for updating a thirteen month trend graph).

Can anyone help explain why this is so and how I might be able to rectify this?

Cheers,

D

A:Solved: Excel chart source data

Here's a complete guess -- although Help doesn't say anything about it, maybe there's a limit to how many characters you can have in the "cell selection bar" (255, possibly).

Try shortening the sheet name (?as a test?) ; or building it with 9, then drag'n'dropping the remaining 4 in turn (as new points).

HTH,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-chart-source-data.358384/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I m stuck with some coding and calculation I have a Excel sheet that I coded to aid the management team with their monthly reports I reads a number of different logs and then produces a month overview with bar charts The team no wants a horizontal bar chart to show the cpu usage of or more servers I have done all that but what I want to coding EXCEL-2003 with some a Solved: help Need chart add is line represnting the norm value For our servers we have connection availability but for the cpu usage we Solved: EXCEL-2003 Need some coding help with a chart have let s say The horizontal bar chart Solved: EXCEL-2003 Need some coding help with a chart see the attached sample shows the percentage of the X-axis and the months on the Y-axis The norm is set as a variable so what I want to know how can I using vba put a vertical line at the point on the X-axis to represent the norm value since this code will be used for other measurements I have to be able to read it from a variable value I have the charts that are created in the sample MARVAL CPU MARVAL MARVAL DISK I put a line Solved: EXCEL-2003 Need some coding help with a chart in by hand at about to illustrate what I need There is no code except the macro I recorden to put the red line in but I need to be able to calculate the position related to the values on the X-axis nd the scale of the X-axis may vary depending on the max value I hope I ve been able to explain it Thanks in advance for any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi There I m not sure if this is posible or not with Excel version or any other version for that matter If not please tell me so Below is just an example In Cell B I have a formula that calculates the mean of numbers that I have in column A The mean changes as I add more data in colums A I have created a gragh that plots the data in Column A I created a text box in the box Solved: Text Chart inside an Excel plot area of the chart so that I can type in the mean For example Mean Each time the data changes I have to manually change the Solved: Text box inside an Excel Chart Mean in the chart In reality I have a dozen work sheets that calculate the Mean Median Standard Deviations etc I have to manually change these in the plot area of each chart Is there a formula or a macro that can do this automatically The formula such as quot Mean quot amp quot quot amp Solved: Text box inside an Excel Chart B does not work in the text box Mario nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

one more little problem I have this code which I got from recording a macro for placing excel Solved: vb chart code macro for a Solved: excel vb macro code for chart chart on a page Range quot C quot Select Charts Add ActiveChart ChartType xlColumnClustered ActiveChart SetSourceData Source Sheets quot FixedPointsBlank quot Range quot C quot PlotBy xlColumns ActiveChart SeriesCollection Delete ActiveChart SeriesCollection XValues Solved: excel vb macro code for chart quot FixedPointsBlank R C R C quot ActiveChart SeriesCollection Name quot quot quot Frequency quot quot quot ActiveChart Location Where xlLocationAsObject Name quot FixedPointsBlank quot With ActiveChart HasTitle True ChartTitle Characters Text quot Frequency Plot for Fixed Measurements quot Axes xlCategory xlPrimary HasTitle True Axes xlCategory xlPrimary AxisTitle Characters Text quot Upper End Value cpm quot Axes xlValue xlPrimary HasTitle True Axes xlValue xlPrimary AxisTitle Characters Text quot Frequency quot End With ActiveChart HasLegend False ActiveChart HasDataTable False On the lines that have the Range function I have replaced inside the parenthesis with Cells Cells lastUEV which works just fine I have to do this because from one run to another the range size will change The other line that needs to be changed the same way is ActiveChart SeriesCollection XValues quot FixedPointsBlank R C R C quot However when I replace the R C R C with Cells Cells lastUEV I get an Application-defined error or Object-defined error How do I make this one work TIA nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Hello I am trying to put some tables onto charts in an excel macro I ve figured out a chart Putting in a excel table onto Solved: a way to do it but its pretty roundabout and I was unsure if there was a simpler more direct way I Solved: Putting a table onto a chart in excel am trying to stick the max min and average values for each series into a nice table and embed it on the chart Currently the data in the spreadsheet looks like this Ch Ch Ch etc Max B C D Min B C D Avg B First I copy each cell and repaste it in the same order as text format I then use CONCATENATE to group each row of the Solved: Putting a table onto a chart in excel table into the cell I can then copy and paste each row onto the chart quot Ch Ch Ch quot quot Max B C D quot etc and then move them together so they look like a text box and group them together It works but getting the spaces right when using Concatenate to make everything look nice is a pain Is there a simple way to paste cells onto a chart without going through this converting mess nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Let's see how you go with this problem that I have.

Column A is a list of dates, most recent being at the top. Column B is a list of values. When I make a chart, the X-axis shows the most recent date on the left, which ends up creating a chart that is sort of 'backwards'.

What is the no doubt obvious option that I haven't found yet, to invert the X-axis?

Thank you in advance.
Aussiemosis.

A:Solved: Excel - Inverting the X-axis on a chart

I managed to find it myself in the end. For anyone else wondering, the answer was...

Select X-Axis then Format Axis > Scale > Categories in reverse order.

Aussiemosis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-inverting-the-x-axis-on-a-chart.704858/
Relevancy 68.8%

In the attached spreadsheet you will see a very simple line graph, it shows market values spread over a number of years, I would like to differentiate between actual values (historical) and future values by perhaps changing the line colour as it goes to the projected values or making it dotted or something like that. Is that possible ?

Relevancy 68.8%

I'm pretty baffled by this, I'm sure it's a super easy solution and I'm looking too deep into it, but why isn't this chart plotting the data for series 3 and 4 correctly?

See attached, thanks.

A:Solved: Line Chart Issue - Excel

i just plotted the graph

interesting - i will look some more

see attached my graph seems OK
EDIT -
I have no idea - it all looks good - and if you click on the graph line - and hover over a point it reports the correct value - but not on the scale correctly
series 3 is wrong as well

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-line-chart-issue-excel.1051568/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello, all. Great site!

I am having trouble formatting the Y-axis minimum and maximum values in charts in Excel 2003. When I right-click the Y-axis and go to 'Format Axis' and go to the 'Scale' tab, the values that I enter for Minimum and Maximum do not appear on the chart after I click okay. When I re-open the 'Scale' tab in 'Format Axis', the values have been reset to the auto values chosen by Excel. Any ideas?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Excel 2003 Y-axis chart help

Never mind - I figured it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-y-axis-chart-help.858148/
Relevancy 68.8%

I'm a novice re chart creation. I need to create a chart for blood pressure readings - but cannot create one to display how I would like. I use Excel 2007; operating system Vista. The data I wish to use are Date and time on horizonatal axis; and blood pressure on vertical axis. I can create a chart that shows systolic (top) and Diastolic (bottom) readings as separate bars. Bar Graph. but what I would like is the systolic as a mark at the top and diastolic as a mark at the bottom on a single bar. See attachment. This makes comparison of readings much clearer. Hope you can help. Cowcocky.

Relevancy 68.8%

hi, my system is stock ;

vertex2 120gb
i7 860
p55a-ud3p
value rams ddr3 1333 2x2gb
odin pro 550w
gtx 460 1gb
windows 7 x64 ultimate

A:BSOD after changing already changing rams

These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver).
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211240-bsod-after-changing-already-changing-rams.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I was a programmer in VC before activex now I just need to do a little bit for my own personal project So bear with me as OLE is new to be and the last Basic embedded size in Form Excel Changing Visual SS of Basic I used was not Visual lt g gt I am trying to embed an excel workbook in a form on a SSTab control I Changing size of Excel SS embedded in Visual Basic Form put an OLE container on the control then cancelled when it asked for the object In my code which I grabbed from the MS knowledgebase I create the Excel object My only real problem is that when the workbook appears it is not in the quot visual container quot In the design of the form I dragged the corners of the object so they would be about quot x quot on my screen But when the excel workbook appears it is only about quot x quot and it s upper left hand corner is above and to the left of the upper left hand corner of my displayed OLE container How can I make the workbook display in the entire container with the upper left-hand corners matching I tried the zoom but that gave me the same cells only a lot bigger I ve tried setting the width and height of the object s window directly but that seems to have no effect Any suggestions TIA Cash nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-size-of-excel-ss-embedded-in-visual-basic-form.49754/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi folks got a question re Excel running on win Pro -bit it's not the machine in my stats Excel default Changing 2010 save location folder I looked up tutorials to change the default save folder location for MS Office and pretty much all of them reference MS Word Like for example the one in this forum MS Office Word Set Default Save Location -- which Changing Excel 2010 default save folder location works fine when I try it Changing Excel 2010 default save folder location no problem with Word However Excel is being a and refuses to following spec Consider When I click on File - gt Options then navigate to the quot Save quot tab it displays a screen similar to the equivalent one in Word except that the quot Browse quot button to change the folders is missing No big deal plus the default file location is already pointing to my user folder that's fine However when I go to save or save-as this is what pops up Yea-- no Why is Excel showing libraries I don't want to use libraries I don't want to see libraries I've used the registry hack from this forum to remove libraries from showing up in the left pane of Explorer How do I get Excel to use my documents folder as the default

A:Changing Excel 2010 default save folder location

After changing the location in the Excel Options --> Save tab... did you reboot?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/187469-changing-excel-2010-default-save-folder-location.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I finally learned to make a chart. Change the title. Even rename Series 1 , 2 & 3 at bottom.

BUT, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to rename the cells labeled 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 & 5 at the bottom. And I know it is easy.

Relevancy 67.94%

I have a workbook into which new data is exported weekly via an Access Db I would like to find a way for this data to automatically update the charts in the workbook This happens fine already so long as the cell range for the charts are the same but that certainly won t always be the case For example A chart for Bob s work projects and how many hours he spends on them One week it might read PC troubleshooting - hrs Email acct setup - hrs LAN port installs - hrs Desktop support - hrs but the next it might be PC troubleshooting - hrs LAN port installs - hrs Desktop support - hrs The issue is that when this data is exported to the same sheet the chart will still be looking at four rows not three and thus the chart will have two entries for Desktop Support Clearing out the old data is easily done via macro but is there a way - via macros or otherwise - to have a chart look at Excel updating chart 2003 Solved: question a new range based on Solved: Excel 2003 updating chart question what s there not on where it used to look So if it was previously told to reference B is there a way to have it base itself on what new data now occupies the sheet whether it s larger or smaller than the previous range If I need to clarify any of these points please let me know I m somewhat handy with VBA so even an idea would be welcome Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

I know there is a lot of info out there about countif and drop down lists but for some reason I just can't find an exact match to my problem. I have a column of values (abnormal, normal, mutated, etc.) with a filter on it - so I can see only those rows with that value. I want to make a dynamic chart with that number of values out of the total number (11,942). So what I did was make a separate column called graph data and just put the number 1 all the way down, and then did a countif to count how many times "1" appeared in the list - but the problem is, the countif number doesn't change when I change my filters. Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 67.94%

Hey guys, anyone know if it's possible (either via code or something built in to Excel) to update a pivot chart automatically when its corresponding table is updated? As a litlle background, I have a workbook with a bunch of different sheets that update when the workbook is automatically opened every half hour in order for it to update. I've gotten the tables to be able to update automatically, but this auto-updating doesn't carry over to their respective pivot charts.

In other words, everything else updates automatically but the pivot charts connected to the tables. Any ideas?

Relevancy 67.94%

Using Excel 2010

I currently have a line chart that includes on time performance data for:
- Current %
- Previous year %
- Target %

Currently the target % is at 86% but I would like it to be a target 'range' of 86%-90%. How would I show this as a shaded range on my line graph? Can it be done?

I have included the spread for example.

Thanks!

Relevancy 67.94%

I am trying to use Mouseup event procedure to select few x-y points on the chart and place this data into a worksheet for some analysis.

I found this link which says that "You can Place this data into a worksheet range. After clicking on several points, you would have a small table of values from the selected points. These could be used for subsequent analysis."

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

Can somebody show me how can I place the selected x y points using MouseUp event into worksheet?

Thanks.
Chris.

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi. I'm trying to list school assignments with an Excel spreadsheet so that I can export them to scheduling/calendar software. I need the assignment in each row to increase by 1, like this:

Chapter 1, Lesson 1
Chapter 1, Lesson 2

Or, if that's not possible, even this would be helpful:

Lesson 1
Lesson 2
Lesson 3

The lesson numbers will not each be the same as the corresponding row number, because they will be interspersed with tests and dates for review. I know how to insert those assignments but not how to increase numbers by 1.

Is there a way to do that without typing the number of each lesson individually?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Excel chart to increase by 1 for multiple assignments

What I usually do is just use a number in the cell but format the cells as a custom number "Lesson " 0, this will display Lesson 9 in the cell if the numeric value is 9

This way all you have to do is that when you add a row the number is the previous row + 1 and the text will be Lesson 10.

I hope I have been able to explain the idea, it reads moer difficult than actually doing it. test and see if you can make it work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-chart-to-increase-by-1-for-multiple-assignments.943833/
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm trying to link an Excel 2002 chart title to a cell that contains info that changes. According to what I can find I merely type "=Sheet1!C4" (without the quotes of course) in the title box to make whatever is in C4 appear as the chart title. But that doesn't work. All I get is a chart title "=Sheet1!C4" (without the quotes of course).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Don

Relevancy 67.51%

As part of a program i am working on data is transferred into an excel document with usually more than one worksheet. after that happens a mail merge is manually done to create labels. the problem i am having is that the first time i open the excel workbook i can choose a table and make labels fine but if i try to open the excel workbook again to change the table to make new labels an error pops up saying that word cannot open the data file because it is already open. i know for a fact that the only place it is open is in word because i already have labels open from it, and this operation works perfectly fine on another computer. i am concluding that this is a Microsoft office error however i cant find any other people having problems with this.

A:Error when changing excel data sheets in word mail merge?

Welocme tho TSG,
If word is open and linked to the spread sheet, opening the spreadsheet in exel would evoke the "in use" response. Closing word is the only option here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-when-changing-excel-data-sheets-in-word-mail-merge.1128594/
Relevancy 67.51%

Afternoon everyone!

As the title suggests, I have some issues with formatting the x-axis of a column graph (the graph is to show air consumption rate over a period of 30 minutes) in Excel 2010 (the file in question is attached). As you can see in the attached picture, the graph currently has the x-axis formatted such that it starts in the middle of the ticks. Ideally, I am looking for a way to start "0" from the y-axis intercept without shifting the graph as is currently the case when changing the horizontal axis options.

Could you possibly help me sort this out? I need to present it for a university project and I'd like to have the graph presented in this manner. It would also help if I could learn the method so I can do this in future. Thank you for your help in advance!

Relevancy 67.51%

on a worksheet in cell E1 is a name copied from another worksheet in the workbook and in cell E22 is a calculated figure based on entries made in other cells, what i would like to happen is when the figure in cell E22 reaches a certain figure i.e. 50, cells k19-q19 change colour, i would prefer to use vba code, any idea's
thanks

A:Solved: excel cells

Try This....
Code:

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

Dim wsk As Worksheet

Set wsk = Sheets("Sheet1") 'Change this to whatever your sheet is named

If Target.Address = "$E$22" Then

wsk.Range("K19:Q19").FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, _
Formula1:="=$E$22>=50"

wsk.Range("K19:Q19").FormatConditions(1).Interior.Color = 255 'Color is Red

End If

End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-cells.885539/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a chart whose title I would like to read "Between (Date 1) and (Date 2)" The Date 1 field, AD4, and the Date 2 field, AF4, changes depending on what date range I want to use for data. I looked on a previous post, http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/601180-dynamic-static-content-excel-chart.html, which led me to put in the formula bar: ="Between " &$AD$4 "And " &$AF$4. Excel gave me an error, so for now I'm just trying: ="Between " %$AD$4. When I do this, the field displays the date as a serial number (ex. 40544) instead of the date. Any ideas on how to fix this and be able to put both the before and after in the title?

I'm running Excel 2010 on Windows XP.

Thanks,
Dobber92

A:Solved: Excel 2010 Dynamic Chart Title Date

What happens if you link the title to a cell containing:

="For "&TEXT(AD4,"dd-mm-yyyy")

?

NB: this response is to your pre-edit question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2010-dynamic-chart-title-date.1034339/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi there,
I'm having a problem I've never actually seen before. I have 4 charts embedded on a worksheet. 2 of these charts contain 2 data ranges; are simple line charts; show the data table; and data source is another worksheet in the same workbook. In both cases, the January (1st point) graph point is incorrect in one of these series. All other points in the series appear to be plotting correctly. The first point is almost 2X the actual value displayed. The data point value is correctly displaying in the data table.

Has anyone else seen this before? I'm going crazy trying to figure out where the issue might be. I've deleted and recreated the source data just to be sure, with the same results as above. The other data series in these charts is fine as are the other charts in the group.

Would sure be grateful for any advice anyone might have.
Thx.

A:Solved: Excel 2000 SP3 - Chart not displaying data correctly

can you post the spreadsheet or is the data confidential?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2000-sp3-chart-not-displaying-data-correctly.445995/
Relevancy 67.51%

I m trying Solved: Help Data - Chart for Entries Extending Excel Future to figure out a way to automatically update the chart I made by adding a line of data and not having to manually click and drag down the chart s range to include this Solved: Excel Chart Help - Extending Data for Future Entries new line of data For example I made a line chart out of rows and columns of data I want to add a th row of data and have it automatically updata the chart The rest of the data is already linked to a line chart that has been created Is there a way to enter this data and have the line chart automatically update to include this new data Right now I m just entering the numbers and then manually dragging down the range of the chart to include this new line of data I have to do this on about different sheets on Excel so if there s a way to make this automatic I may save a lot of time Any help would be appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I have built a simple timesheet for someone in my dept automatically 2003: a changing keyword on entered contents cell's Excel based which includes amongst other things - hours worked over a month - how many hours owed extra worked - a cumulative of this figure over the months The requestor wants to be able to type a letter such as e to represent a hr shift So they type e and the cell contents change to There are about different codes Normally a Vlookup would work EXCEPT you can t change the contents Excel 2003: automatically changing a cell's contents based on keyword entered of Excel 2003: automatically changing a cell's contents based on keyword entered the cell your are working upon cicrular referencing I could see two ways forward either a function that allows the above OR perhaps more favourably leaving the lookups until the hour calculations at the base of the form i e Instead of a simple Sum for the hours worked that month it could read the values in the range look them up from a table vlookup and then sum the looked up figures to give the answer in the hours worked cell I vaguely remember this being possible from my university days but can t remember how Can anyone help me nbsp

A:Excel 2003: automatically changing a cell's contents based on keyword entered

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2003-automatically-changing-a-cells-contents-based-on-keyword-entered.812936/
Relevancy 66.65%

I need to freeze a row and a column in excel. Is this possible?
How can I do that?

A:Solved: Freeze cells in excel

Select the column or row after the one you want to freeze and then go to "Windows">>"Freeze Pane" from the menu bar. If you are trying to do both select the cell underneath and to the right of the row/cloumn you want to freeze.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-freeze-cells-in-excel.622664/
Relevancy 66.65%

When I enter a number into a cell i.e. 0412 246 123 and hit enter, the 0 drops off. I have gone into Format, Cells, Number, General, but it is still doing it.

There will be a simple fix, but I can't find it.

Please help.

A:Solved: Formatting Excel Cells

Highlight the cells you wish to change this too, right click then click Format Cells, then change the category to Text

I hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-formatting-excel-cells.917763/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi once calculate Solved: cells excel Let only I have a sheet in excel that has a table that gets its data from different files and does calculations on it The size amount of rows of this table varies so I use the code described here http www vbaexpress com kb getarticle php kb id to remove empty rows the table is printed after the calculations are done and having a half empty page before the rest of the text continues does not look nice so leaving the rows empty is not realy an Solved: Let excel calculate cells only once option The problem is that the combination of the calculations and the VBA script to remove rows is slowing my PC down considerably since with each row that is removed all calculations are repeated Is there a way to force excell to only do the calculations the first time around round of calculations takes about seconds and it is usually repeated about times the amount of empty rows that is left after the calculations which means that my computer is calculating for about minutes while this is completely unnessecary for my purposes Thanks in advance Saraal nbsp

A:Solved: Let excel calculate cells only once

Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic 'it will change calculation to automatic
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual 'it will change calculation to manual
so you could add these to the VBA code to Turn to manual before you delete the rows and then turn back on to automatic at the end

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-let-excel-calculate-cells-only-once.910210/