Windows Support Forum

Mulitiple "File" menu entries "Open PDF" in Word 2003

Q: Mulitiple "File" menu entries "Open PDF" in Word 2003

I installed some software to assist me in converting .pdf docs. I didn't keep the name of the software but did uninstall it via control panel.

I now have mulitiple "File" menu entries: 29 entries between "open" and "save". The entires are all idenical, "Open PDF"

Nothing happens when I click on them. How can I remove them from my "File" menu?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mulitiple-file-menu-entries-open-pdf-in-word-2003.811408/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Mulitiple "File" menu entries "Open PDF" in Word 2003

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 139.19%

safe to assume its impossible to remove the "open" and the "merge" entries from the context menu? I figure if i want to open or merge them i would simply double click. Clutter and redundency in this vein dont suit me :P

A:remove the "open" and "merge" entries from context menu?

Open I don't think so, Merge sounds like it is added by a 3rd party program, and likely can be removed. Have a look at ShellMenuvVew and ShellExView from NirSoft. You can remove entries with both. But Open will not be listed, and I have seen no way to remove it. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/351643-remove-open-merge-entries-context-menu.html
Relevancy 133.3%

Using Word 2007, I am unable to pin the "New" and "Open" Word Document to the Start Menu. I was able to do this in XP and Vista. I go to "All Programs" and can load Word but cannot find the options new/open. In Word I go to "Word Options" and it is not listed there either. Thanks.

A:Pinning "New" and "Open" Word document to start menu

Quote: Originally Posted by ADKR

Using Word 2007, I am unable to pin the "New" and "Open" Word Document to the Start Menu. I was able to do this in XP and Vista. I go to "All Programs" and can load Word but cannot find the options new/open. In Word I go to "Word Options" and it is not listed there either. Thanks.

ADKR,
I note that you have posted this question in Microsoft's Discussion Groups - Windows 7 - Word 2007 in Word General Questions.
Some reasonable replies were given to you that you didn't respond to. Did you actually try them?

This Tutorial written by our Brink would seem to be a reasonable alternative for you to use.
Quick Launch - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/77659-pinning-new-open-word-document-start-menu.html
Relevancy 125.24%

`I have run into the problem outlined in the title. I need to access that file, which came to me as an e-mail attachment. Suggestions will be appreciated.

{redoak}

Relevancy 122.14%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 121.21%

XP Home installed SP recently which MIGHT have something to File/Print to added As" menu -also: "FTP question Sharing Locations" "Save do with this Just saved two word docs and a bmp file all separately All three times I saw that a new location has been added to the Save As drop-down menu It didn t open to My Documents folder but was in the general folder list of the whole computer The location was called quot FTP File Locations quot It s never appeared on the Save As menu before This made me think of the file print sharing control which "FTP Locations" added to "Save As" menu -also: File/Print Sharing question is now located in the Windows Firewall but I don t use that Firewall I turned it off to use Norton What was FTP Locations And is there any way to disable file print sharing without using the Windows Firewall These may be the same "FTP Locations" added to "Save As" menu -also: File/Print Sharing question thing I don t know Also in Network Connections I thought I d find file print sharing control there but now XP wants me to run a whole Network Wizard thing I m afraid I ll somehow set up a network instead or enable all kinds of things I don t want to create a disaster here My son installed an FTP program months ago for work he was doing but the program was removed I just searched for it it s definitely gone This is a stand-alone non-networked home computer P S I saved another Word doc and now it s back to opening to My Documents folder as usual now I can t find the FTP Locations anywhere nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ftp-locations-added-to-save-as-menu-also-file-print-sharing-question.281451/
Relevancy 120.59%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 120.59%

when i right click on my DVD writer i do not get the options "OPEN",EXPLORE & AUTOPLAY"..How do i bring them back?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-open-explore-options-from-context-menu.757322/
Relevancy 119.97%

In Word, I have lost the "Symbols" line in the "Insert" menu. How can I get it back? Any help will be most welcome!

A:"Symbols" lost in "Insert" menu - Word

Rightclick the menu bar & choose "Customize" (sic) from the pop-up.

With the "Commands" tab uppermost, click on "Insert" under "Categories".

Scroll down the "Commands" list till you see it, then drag it to your "Insert" menu.

Rgds,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/symbols-lost-in-insert-menu-word.435609/
Relevancy 119.66%

---------- ---------- Description ---------- ----------

I only found out about this today when I tried to use "Open with" to access Windows Media Player. I have two of these entries but both of them work. I remembered I had issues with the WMP icon pinned on the taskbar showing as a blank icon so I used Fix WMP and the problem was gone. Not sure if that caused the problem but now all I want is it gone.
---------- ---------- Others ---------- ----------

- I have the following codecs installed -
1. K-Lite Codec Pack Standard (Without Windows Media Player Classic)
2. Shark007’s Windows 7 Codec Package (Not configured)
3. K-Lite Codec Pack x64
-------------------------------------------------

A:Duplicate WMP entries in "Open with" menu

Okay actually this is normal because I'm using 64 bit version of Windows 7 and W764 has 2 WMP. They are 32 bit and 64 bit. I clicked on 2 of them and compared them just last week.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/108771-duplicate-wmp-entries-open-menu.html
Relevancy 118.73%

Hi every one,
I have Intel "DG31" and "core 2 do"
Program hangs, when i try to open or save as a file In "excel-2003" and "corel draw9" and "WILCOM Es9"
and in task manager it shows ?not responding?
But when i try to open it by clicking on the file using windows explorer it works quite well.
Earlier i used same programes on the "865glc" and "2.4" there was no problem,
I have also tried many Intel computers to trace the problem
i found the problem on every computer that was build on the motherboard later then Intel 865
Now what to do?
Mohammad Imran

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/program-hangs-when-i-try-to-open-or-save-as-a-file-in-excel-and-corel-draw9-and-508343.html
Relevancy 117.8%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 116.87%

When I press "open file" in the program "Business Intelligence" of an Office
program like Excel, I would like the window columns to be in "detail" view
instead of "list" view.
How can I do this?
Is this a registry default that can be changed?
Thanks,
Josh

Relevancy 116.87%

OK guys, im kinda new to this forum, so... hello.
My computer has a not so serious problem-When I try to open Local Disk C by double clicking it says:
"
Windows cannot find install.exe.
This program is needed for opening filed of type 'File'.

Type in the executable file to be used instead:

This problem isnt very serious, I just dont want my computer to remain "corrupt" if you know what I mean.

Help my and I will be grateful!

A:Cant open C:/:"Install.exe is needed for opening type of "file""

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Have you scanned your system for viruses lately? What antivirus program is installed on your system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-c-install-exe-is-needed-for-opening-type-of-file-90046.html
Relevancy 116.56%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 115.63%

Hi,

I've recently noticed two entries at the top of the Task Manager which have blank "user name" and "description" fields. The first entry is about 1,300K, and the other is 660K.

When I right click on either, I can select "Perform Administrative Task". If I choose to do so, the blank entries disappear, and the "show processes from all users" box is checked.

I wonder if this is a security issue that Spybot, Windows Defender and AVG Free haven't picked up.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager-2-entries-at-the-top-with-blank-username-and-description-fields.770104/
Relevancy 115.01%

Hello First let me tell you about my system nbsp nbsp This is an Inspiron E laptop with the T Core Duo processor running at GHZ nbsp nbsp It has GB of RAM and a brand new GB Hitachi Travelstar hard drive RPM nbsp nbsp It also has the GeForce Go GS video card nbsp nbsp nbsp It previously had Windows XP Professional bit and worked fine nbsp nbsp But I have three computers in my home and home office with E1705/9400 Inspiron Windows with entries exclamation "Base Device" my under point two Devices" "Other on - Installation New System Minor for Problem yellow 7 and would like them all to work better together on my wired home network so I am upgrading all three to Windows nbsp nbsp My two desktops one is Dimension XPS and the other is Dimension XPS seem like they will be no problem to upgrade to Windows nbsp nbsp But this laptop was not listed on Dell s Windows Compatibility List nbsp nbsp However the Windows Upgrade Advisor that I downloaded and ran seemed to say that Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point it was OK to do a clean install of bit Windows and it only Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point had a few minor concerns where it said to check for updated drivers from the manufacturer nbsp nbsp The laptop originally came with a GB hard drive nbsp nbsp For my use that is getting very small so I decided to get the same exact RPM drive in the GB size nbsp nbsp This will allow me to do a clean install of the bit Windows OS on the new hard drive and not have to wipe the old drive to do it nbsp nbsp I can just hold onto the old HD and stick it back in whenever I might need to get something off of it So here is my minor problem nbsp nbsp After transferring a few needed items off the old hard drive I installed the new GB drive and did a clean install of the bit version of Windows nbsp nbsp nbsp I m happy to report that I had virtually no problems with the installation and everything appears to be working fine nbsp nbsp It seems a little bit more zippy than it was before and I haven t run into anything so far that doesn t seem to be working nbsp nbsp I have gone through most of the features and most everything looks great nbsp nbsp But there is one minor problem showing in the Device Manager nbsp nbsp At least I think it s a minor problem but maybe someone else can give me some input as to whether it is or not In the Device Manager List there is a category now called quot Other Devices quot and the icon shows a little white circle with a question mark in it nbsp nbsp nbsp When you expand this category you see two identical entries that say nbsp nbsp quot Base System Device quot nbsp and the icon has a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I know from previous experience that it s not a good thing to see items in the Device Manager that have a yellow circle with an exclamation point nbsp nbsp I have clicked on both of these and neither one really tells you what the device is or who made it or who s website you would go to for a driver nbsp nbsp nbsp Under the general tab it has the following information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Device Type nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp Other Devices nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI Bus nbsp Device nbsp Function nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Under De... Read more

A:Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point

BTW, I just downloaded and installed the driver pack from that ftp location and it worked, even for Windows 8.1 - 64 bit.
Thanks Steve!

Roger

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19313275
Relevancy 115.01%

Ok, so basically, whenever I turn the computer on, 3 error messages appear:

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee.exe

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee1.exe

- Error loading H:/Archiv~/GBPLUG~/gbiehcef.dll. Couldn't find specific module.

(sorry if some terms are incorrect, my computer is in Spanish, to I tried to translate as best as possible)

Please help me solve this terrible problem, it is really getting me on my nerves! (oh, and if this helps, I've recently donwloaded this so called "Limewire acceleration", and whenever I ran the setup, it didn't work. I don't really remember the name of the website I downloaded it from, sorry...)

A:Can't Open "My Documents", "Trash" or other files in "My Computer"!?

Hi and Welcome to the forum

I am almost certain that you have malware problems. Most like caused by you doing file sharing/ P2P - Limewire.

Suggest that you go here and follow the directions:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please be advised that the malware people are very busy and it could take a couple days to assist you.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-my-documents-trash-or-other-files-in-my-computer-288056.html
Relevancy 115.01%

I thought I was computer savvy until this problem came up When I double click my computer recycle bin control panel etc the hourglass comes up for a few seconds goes off and nothing else No error messages or anything just nothing I have viewed a few of the threads covering this and a common link was the hijack this result I have posted that here and really hope that someone can help me with this I have run SpyBotSD and adaware I have run mutiple virus scans I did an SFC and the final thing bin", I "control computer" "my "recycle open cannot panel" etc... was to repair windows using the original disk none of which has help I am running Window XP w SP Any other suggestions would be certainly appreciated Hope to here from someone soon MTCS out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... TDSTEL ENTERN app pppoeservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Documents and Settings Charlotte Hough Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer Neikeisoft - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp... Read more

A:I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc...

You may want to reinstall the operating system.

Backupthe files that are importantto you before you reinstall.

The "New" installation will overwrite the current one

If you do not format your hard drive before the reinstall the installation should not harm your files (That's why I suggest backingup your files) and will speed up the installation process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-recycle-bin-etc.717788/
Relevancy 115.01%

Hello there when the desktop loads up I get this strange message quot Open With Choose the program you want to use to open this file File Media quot Does anyone have any ideas why I have a screenshot of the programs which run at startup I have a HiJackThis log With: ?" bit, 7 32 when "Open Media" up comes Windows loading "File: if it helps Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Windows 7 32 bit, when loading "Open With: ?" "File: Media" comes up Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe C Program Files VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C Program Files Acronis OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exe C Windows 7 32 bit, when loading "Open With: ?" "File: Media" comes up Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Windows system rundll exe C Users Media Centre AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Windows system mspaint exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files HiJackThis Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - DDEC - - cdd- E - DADAA E - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO RoboForm BHO - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Bing Bar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - Toolbar C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll - - dcb -df - - - fa b f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext d... Read more

A:Windows 7 32 bit, when loading "Open With: ?" "File: Media" comes up

There must be an error with one of the startup settings.
Please use Autoruns by Sysinternals/Microsoft to see more info about Programs loading with your system.
Pay attention to Logon tab.

Looks like for some reason it is trying to load a folder as a file. "Media" is a part of a folder path.
Try to uncheck all values,where Media is a part of the path.

Also, please check for viruses with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool Download
or Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a free download that removes viruses and malware from your computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/165917-windows-7-32-bit-when-loading-open-file-media-comes-up.html
Relevancy 115.01%

I changed my outlook email .ost file to open with auto cad by mistake. Initially it was opening with an Unknown application. How can I enable it to open with an unknown application again? please help

A:changing an ".ost"file to open with "unknown" application

You can try this tutorial and see if it helps.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/341285-changing-ost-file-open-unknown-application.html
Relevancy 115.01%

I use Office XP (esp Word 2002, .doc) on my Win7 machine. I use the Office 2007 Compatability Pack to be compatible with Word 2007/2010's .docx. A little clumsy, but it works...I don't want to change to Open Office, et al.

I set the default font in my Word 2002 as Times New Roman-12pt. Every time Word 2002 opens, I get that. Good.

However, every time I open Word using the "New" context menu, it opens as Word 2007 (.docx) in Courier New-10 pt. How do I:

1--have it open in 2002? [I think it's a reg hack, but I haven't found one that works]

2--lacking that, at least have it open in Times New Roman--12pt? [I use the same procedure with 2007/.docx to set the default font as I did with 2002/.doc, but it doesn't "stick".]

Thnx.......

A:Getting Word to Open in Correct Format on "New" Context Menu

Quote: Originally Posted by chriswchrisw

.........every time I open Word using the "New" context menu, it opens as Word 2007 (.docx).........

I've not been able to reproduce this.

I started with W7 pro 64bit SP1 in a virtual machine via VirtualBox and I installed Office 2002 (I tested using right-click > New > Microsoft Word Document and I got a 2002 doc as expected.)

Then I installed the Office Compatibility Pack and tested again - I still got a 2002 doc.

I applied all of the Office updates and tested again - I still got a 2002 doc.

I applied the Office Compatibility Pack SP3 and tested again - I still got a 2002 doc.

I restarted between updates and tests - but no joy (or no sadness :-)

What I've not done is to apply all of the OS patches because I'm on a slow connection to the net - but I don't think that would matter to this problem. All I can suggest is to uninstall the Office Compatibility Pack and test. If "New" still makes a docx, then do a repair on Office 2002 (you might need the CD). Worse comes to worse, uninstall Office 2002 and start fresh.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/270651-getting-word-open-correct-format-new-context-menu.html
Relevancy 114.08%

I have MS Word 2003 sp3 working on Windows XP sp3, and when opening a document based in a template with some macros, MS Word return an error: "Could not open 'http://**********/*****.dot' ".
The path given on the error description does not exist, but the template does exist in my template directory "D:\MSWord\Templates" and this path is configured in "file locations" of the Word options in "User templates" and in "Workgroup templates".
Ivan so, after selecting 'OK' in the error window, word could effectively open the document?
Someone Know why this happens and how can I avoid this boring error window all the times the document is opened.
Thanks,
Tatu
(From Lisbon - Portugal)

Relevancy 113.15%

The "Details" option in the file menu format (on both Word and Excel) does not any longer display the date and time of the last file update. I have a Windows XP Home Version. Got any tips on how to restore this data? Thanks. --Jazzguy

Relevancy 112.53%

Using the Windows Classic theme, can the 'All Programs' & 'Search' (which is useless) be completely removed from the Start Menu?
I'm talking about the entry All Programs bar and the Search entry, or can the useless MS Search be replaced with one of the many substitutes?

I do not mean the Search on the right pane.

I do use "all programs auto expander" to solve the annoyance of always clicking on the All programs to get the folders to show, but it would be superior to also get rid of that line all together. Or is this another futile request as it is to get rid of that equally useless Explorer bar??

A:Can the "All Programs/Back" & "Search" entries be removed?

The search bar is so very useful in 7, but to each his own. Try this:

Start> In search box (ironic, huh?) type Turn Windows Features On or Off> When the list loads, uncheck Windows Search> OK

For All Programs, this also applies to 7

Start Menu All Programs List - Enable or Disable

A Guy

P.S. Have you looked into Classic Shell ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/325497-can-all-programs-back-search-entries-removed.html
Relevancy 112.22%

Would someone PLEASE help me figure my issue out. I am at a loss as to what I did on my laptop for Microsoft Word to just stop working. This is what's going on:
1. I open up Word; 2. I go to my documents & click on the doc I want to open; 3. I get the pop-up that states, for example, "The file Amer Hist Doc 3 is not available".

If I send the doc as an attachment in my email & then open it on another computer, it comes up fine. It just won't work on my laptop.

Did I accidently hit someone to make Word do this all of the sudden?? Do I just need to un-install Microsoft Office & then reinstall??

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Lily

Relevancy 111.91%

Hopefully I'm posting in the correct forum section and that this isn't a topic that has been discussed frequently as I've done extensive searches and browsing before deciding to post So here's the problem annoyance I'm encountering and I'm wondering if there's some sort of solution out there I have Vista Home Basic and IE I can download files quite fine but the problem is that when I try to open the file either from the dialogue window that shows up after the download OR when the file opens automatically after a download a new dialogue window shows up that says quot Verify quot apparently while the system verifies the file for who knows what Now that window showing doesn't really bother me that much even though it does bother me the real problem arises when you download multiple files at the same time and open those files because once the system tries to verify all those files at the same time it ends up + File "Verify" Vista-IE7: "Open" crashing the browser So what I'm mainly looking for is a setting that would disable this file verification by Vista IE I have a fairly good computer with GB of RAM Dual Core processor so I Vista-IE7: "Open" File + "Verify" really really doubt this is a performance issue Thanks Can provide screenshots if needed

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/178233-vista-ie7-open-file-verify.html
Relevancy 111.91%

Hi dear friends.

I am facing a terrible problem on my pc.

The "open with" command disappeared completely from my file context menu.

The fact is that I cannot have alternate choices of opening media files or any files, cause the command is not there!

So please, if anyone knows, tell me the default command line to edit on my registry...or otherwise please provide me the appropriate solution.

My OS is Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

Any other questions are welcomed!

Thanks in advance.

A:"Open With" command disappeared completely from File Context Menu

Welcome to Vista Forums!

If you double-click a file, what happen?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/231516-open-command-disappeared-completely-file-context-menu.html
Relevancy 111.91%

Is it possible to add icon to the entry Open File/Folder Location? I created expendable string value and name it Icon and then in value i inserted the path to the .ico file, but no icon is showing up.

A:add icon to context menu "Open File/Folder Location"

Have a look here

Context Menu - Add Shortcuts with Icons

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/346949-add-icon-context-menu-open-file-folder-location.html
Relevancy 111.6%

Hey Fellow Techies,

I'm having an issue with a security flaw in Server 2008 R2, it should be a similar kernal as 7 so I'm hoping we can come up with an answer.

L.S.S. - When you right click on a shortcut and go to the properties box there is an option to "open file location" I want to either remove the button or disable it.

I have removed the "Open folder location" link from the context menu itself. I do not want to disable the properties tab completely due to users on occasion need file or shortcut information. This seems to be a big flaw in windows and the last way for users to easily access the C: drive, which I DO NOT want.

Thanks in advanced!!
Cameron C
I.T. Systems Admin

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/390924-shortcut-context-menu-properties-disable-open-file-location.html
Relevancy 111.6%

Hey Fellow Techies,

I'm having an issue with a security flaw in Server 2008 R2, it should be a similar kernal as 7 so I'm hoping we can come up with an answer.

L.S.S. - When you right click on a shortcut and go to the properties box there is an option to "open file location" I want to either remove the button or disable it.

I have removed the "Open folder location" link from the context menu itself. I do not want to disable the properties tab completely due to users on occasion need file or shortcut information. This seems to be a big flaw in windows and the last way for users to easily access the C: drive, which I DO NOT want.

Thanks in advanced!!
Cameron C
I.T. Systems Admin

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/390924-shortcut-context-menu-properties-disable-open-file-location.html
Relevancy 111.6%

Is there anyway to add the "Open file location" to the context menus of files that appear in jumplists?

For example, my media player is pinned to the task bar. Right clicking on it brings up the jumplist with a list of recent TV episodes I've watched. It would be nice to have the ability to right click on the last episode I've watched and "Open file location" to select the next episode.

I used to do that from the "Recent Items" menu, until I moved my media files to an external drive. Now "Recent Items" doesn't keep track of files opened from external drives!!

Can you help me, please?

A:Context Menu of Jumplist Items Missing "Open file location"?

Hello msafi.

Have a look through these, maybe there's an answer for you.

Jump List Tutorials

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/86784-context-menu-jumplist-items-missing-open-file-location.html
Relevancy 111.6%

Hey Fellow Techies,

Thanks in advanced!!
Cameron C
I.T. Systems Admin

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390920-shortcut-context-menu-properties-disable-open-file-location.html
Relevancy 111.6%

Hi guys -

This one is a stumper for me. The "File" command is missing from one of my student systems at school running Word 2000. I cannot even access the menu using ALT-F. The "Edit", "View" and so forth are there, just not the "File". I've tried moving it, etc. and nothing. . . . .

Anyone seen a quick fix for this aside from removing/reinstalling?

A:"File" missing from Word menu bar

Hi, Jody.

Right-click the menu bar and choose Customize. Go to the toolbars tab and find the Word menu bar, select it and hit RESET.

If that doesn't work, go to www.theofficeexperts.com/word.htm and look for the "lost toolbars" link and follow the directions there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-missing-from-word-menu-bar.118617/
Relevancy 111.6%

Hi all I'm puzzling this one In the folder options when I choose 'view' the radio button to show the hidden files is missing I've already checked the registry at the HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Hidden and everything seems ok value for 'Type' is 'group' etc Using the XP tweak Kelly's corner shows the hidden files but the button still missing Another thing that I encountered with was that from the start menu the quot hidden and + not button files" start Support" "Help missing menu working from "show Help and Support quot not working Again the registry seems fine and the process is activated started This came up when I tried to use system restore option - with no success Virus scan didn't find alerts of any kind To make a long story short- below is the log file of HiJackThis Please review it and reply if you see something to be concerned with for repairing my computer Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on -Dec- Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal missing "show hidden files" button + "Help and Support" not working from start menu Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C missing "show hidden files" button + "Help and Support" not working from start menu WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework udaterui exe C WINDOWS system TrayIcon exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS msagent AgentSvr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS regedit exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bgu ac il R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http www bgu ac il proxy pac O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptcl dll O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - blank file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - blank file missing O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - blank file missing O - Toolbar SciFinder Scholar Bar - e a fb- - d -aa c-d fc abf af - mscoree dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files ... Read more

A:missing "show hidden files" button + "Help and Support" not working from start menu

Ok I found the answer (after quite a lot searching), as follows:

1. for the 'Hidden files' radio button - I used methods 1 and 2 from here-
http://www.technize.com/2007/05/13/s...s-not-working/

2. for the helpcenter I just reinstalled it as described here -
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rebuildhelp.htm
note that the file 'dataspec.xml' is needed to be available for this, and it can't be done directly from the XP CD. The thing that worked for me was to insert the XP CD, and use the file that in my computer (C:\) and afterwards another file on the CD.

Again, all this happened with no virus detection, so I believe that there is no infection. However, if someone has remarks on the HiJackThis log I've put, feel free to add them.

Have a nice day,

Fitch.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/missing-show-hidden-files-button-help-and-support-not-working-from-start-menu-326116.html
Relevancy 111.29%

Good day all.

I recently restarted my computer only to be met with an empty desktop.

Also, My Start Menu is empty. I can't locate any of programs or documents.a Right clicking and going to windows explorer, I could only view : "My Computer", "Windows (C); and when I click on them, they contain few irrelevant files.

In other words I can't find my personal saved documents, "my document" folder , recycle bin and all other programs.

My wifi still works so the only thing I can do on my system is browse on the internet.

However, I can open a microsoft office file, PDF files, if I download it directly from my email or from an external drive.

I can save files on my new blank desktop.

I presume this is a virus attack.

Can anyone be kind enough to advise me on what to do?

Thanking you in advance.

A:Desktop erased. Can't Locate "My Documents" folder and "Start Menu" folders

closing thread, please do not create more than one thread for the same issue. Please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1003509-desktop-erased-cant-locate-my.html .

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-erased-cant-locate-my-documents-folder-and-start-menu-folders.1003510/
Relevancy 111.29%

Good day all I recently restarted my computer only to be met with an empty desktop Also My Start Menu is empty I can t locate any of programs or documents a Right clicking and going to windows explorer I could only view quot My Computer quot quot Windows C and when I click on them they contain few irrelevant files In other words I can t find my personal saved documents quot my document quot folder recycle bin and all other programs My wifi still works so the only thing I can do on my system is browse on the internet However I can open a microsoft office file PDF files if I download it directly from my email or from an external drive I can save files on my new blank desktop I presume this is a virus attack Can anyone be kind enough to advise me on what to do AFTER FOLLOWING SOME ADVICE I AM BEGINNING TO GET Documents" folder erased. Locate and "My Menu" Can't folders "Start Desktop SOME OF Desktop erased. Can't Locate "My Documents" folder and "Start Menu" folders MY FILES BACK BUT MY START PROGRAM FOLDERS ARE ALL EMPTY For example when i click the microsoft office folder it is empty HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS VIRUS PLEASE Thanking you in advance nbsp

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1003509-desktop-erased-cant-locate-my.html . Please do not create duplicate threads for the same issue.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-erased-cant-locate-my-documents-folder-and-start-menu-folders.1003517/
Relevancy 111.29%

Good day all.

I recently restarted my computer only to be met with an empty desktop.

Also, My Start Menu is empty. I can't locate any of programs or documents.a Right clicking and going to windows explorer, I could only view : "My Computer", "Windows (C); and when I click on them, they contain few irrelevant files.

In other words I can't find my personal saved documents, "my document" folder , recycle bin and all other programs.

My wifi still works so the only thing I can do on my system is browse on the internet.

However, I can open a microsoft office file, PDF files, if I download it directly from my email or from an external drive.

I can save files on my new blank desktop.

I presume this is a virus attack.

Can anyone be kind enough to advise me on what to do?

Thanking you in advance.

Your files and folders may have been hidden by the virus, go to folder options and 'show hidden files and folder' to see if they actually are hidden. If they are, you can use Grindler's UnHide tool to 'unhide' all of your files and folders. As for the virus, move this thread to the virus and other malware removal forum in order for it to be noticed by an authorised malware removal member.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-erased-cant-locate-my-documents-folder-and-start-menu-folders.1003509/
Relevancy 111.29%

Greetings I have an XP machine which I only ever user myself lists "user" users" start and [SOLVED] program Merging "all menu as in there are no other users on the machine [SOLVED] Merging "user" and "all users" start menu program lists no guest account and it logs in without a password I'm trying to sort out my expansive and bloated Start Menu Programs list but it seems that there are two separate lists One for quot Joe quot the main user account and one for quot all users quot I guess because some programs give the option of installing for just one user or for everyone All of the programs show up in the Start Menu when I click on it but when I go into Windows Explorer to try and sort them out there are two separate folders C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs C Documents and Settings Joe Start Menu Programs I know I can move them around in these folders ie putting them in related groups such as quot system tools quot etc but can I move all of them from the main user to the quot all users quot folder or vice versa without any problems Thanks Joe

A:[SOLVED] Merging "user" and "all users" start menu program lists

Yes, you can consolidate them all in one, or slit them up as desired.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-merging-and-quot-user-and-quot-and-and-quot-all-users-and-quot-start-menu-program-lists-493670.html
Relevancy 111.29%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 111.29%

I have a chart in an Excel spreadsheet, and it has several "series" in it. Some of the series are charted as "lines", and some are "areas" that fill in the entire background of anything from 0 to the value I have entered.

I have one particular series that is showing up as an "area" but I want it to be drawn as a "line" instead, so it DOESN'T fill in the area below it. I currently have the "background" as "none", but now I have a line from the last value down to "0", and that's what I want to avoid...

Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Excel 2003 - how to change a chart data series from "area" to "line"??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-how-to-change-a-chart-data-series-from-area-to-line.688560/
Relevancy 110.67%

re:

Lower right hand "Quick Launch" Menu ( on da desktop) and
"Green Box" of CPU usage in it.

Many times while surfing on da net and opening some web sites, all of a sudden, I see,
a green square BOX in the lower right corner of the screen showing CPU usage and
filling the box with green color in it,...
and it clogs and blocks the whole activities
and can not even get out of it, or can close any of the application.

What is that? Why it does that?

It means low memory? Low space? or What?

What should be done to avoid it? What should we do when it comes?

All advices needed, please.

Thanks.

A:Lower right hand "Quick Launch" Menu and "Green Box" of CPU usage

Hi..

not quite sure what you mean...any chance you can provide a screenshot of it please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lower-right-hand-quick-launch-menu-and-green-box-of-cpu-usage-103204.html
Relevancy 110.67%

Hello! ... How about removing these two:
"Restore previous versions" and "Share with"

A:Remove "Restore previous versions" and "Share with" from context menu

Hello Pcunite,

This tutorial can show you how to remove Restore Previous Versions from the context menu.Restore Previous Versions - Restore or Remove from Context Menu - Vista Forums
In addition, if you like, this tutorial will show you how to remove the Previous Versions tab in the poperties page.Previous Versions Tab - Restore or Remove from Properties - Vista Forums
This tutorial can show you how to remove Share with from the context menu.Share with - Restore when Missing in Context Menu
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/184661-remove-restore-previous-versions-share-context-menu.html
Relevancy 110.67%

Hello
Ive managed to change all the icons on my system to custom ones apart from devices and printers and recorded tv on the right of the start menu.(the ones that appear over your user picture when you hover over them) Ive searched everywhere for their location in the registry but cant find them anywhere.(spent 3 hrs today searching the reg for them)
Please does anyone know the keys for these 2 items.Ill be suprised if no-one on here has a list of them all somewhere

Thankyou

A:change start menu icons "devices and printers" and "recorded tv"

Hello Danny,

The default icon for Devices and Printers is located at the registry locations below. This will also change the icon in all other locatations as well. For example in the Control Panel.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{A8A91A66-3A7D-4424-8D24-04E180695C7A}\DefaultIcon

I have not found the Recorded TV one yet though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/117723-change-start-menu-icons-devices-printers-recorded-tv.html
Relevancy 110.67%

I have Windows Home Pro installed on my laptop and I'm one of those people that likes to keep my Start Menu folder OCD-tidy In W as I believe it was in Vista there are two folders that handle the program shortcuts for the Start Menu There's "personal" merge to users" Any Menu and Start reason folders? "all not a user-specific one for programs only that user can use and the all-users one for programs everyone can use C Users Joe AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs and C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs I'm Any reason not to merge Start Menu "personal" and "all users" folders? the only user on my laptop so I'd like to just consolidate these two folders Any reason not to merge Start Menu "personal" and "all users" folders? into one to make it easier for me to sort and keep track of Is Any reason not to merge Start Menu "personal" and "all users" folders? there any reason not to just drag-and-drop stuff from one to the other Is there one that I should use in preference to the other should I keep everything in the quot user quot folder or the quot all-users quot folder I'm pretty sure I just did this without any problem in Vista but I wanted to make sure so I don't mess anything up as I'm new to W Thanks Joe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/any-reason-not-to-merge-start-menu-personal-and-all-users-folders-610871.html
Relevancy 110.36%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 110.36%

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm using Outlook 2003. I'm designing a new Contacts screen, which better suits the needs of my business.

I have been able to figure out how to everything except for this:

How to I design the "date" and "dollar amount" field values to default to blank/empty instead of defaulting to the word "None" in the case of the "date" field and "$0.00" in the case of the "dollar amount" field?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-outlook-2003-how-to-get-date-and-fields-to-default-to-blank-empty.651580/
Relevancy 109.74%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 109.43%

Well, that's it really.

I'm using Excel 2007 and when I right-click on a cell or row, the "cut" and "copy" options are greyed out. I can still work using the toolbar menus and icons, or the shortcut keys, so it's not a big problem, but I'm not comfortable with the context menu not working properly.

This happens in all workbooks, including brand new ones. I've looked through the Excel Options but can't find anything.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: "Cut" and "Copy" greyed out in Excel's context menu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cut-and-copy-greyed-out-in-excels-context-menu.953348/
Relevancy 109.43%

Hi. Start menu -> I can only see shut down, or sleep, depending on how it's configured, but to access other power options I have to click on the small white arrow to the right of the power button.

So if the default setting of the big button is shutdown then it's a hassle to choose sleep because I have to click on the oh so small button arrow thing.

There's loads of room at the bottom right of my start menu so please tell me how to have a shutdown button AND a sleep button, because I frequently use both functions and don't want to have to choose only one for quick access. Cheers

A:Start menu -> Shutdown Button - "shut down" and "sleep"

It's that difficult to click the arrow?

There is/are gadget(s) with this functionality.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/36455-start-menu-shutdown-button-shut-down-sleep.html
Relevancy 109.43%

Can anyone help me with this ? i got a picture ... i cant sendto desktop as shortcut the icon is missing .. help !!

A:"Desktop As Shortcut" Command Is Missing from the "Send To" Menu

Maybe this info will help:
Send To Context Menu - Remove or Restore Default Items

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/382253-desktop-shortcut-command-missing-send-menu.html
Relevancy 109.43%

Do you or anyone else willing to help me know which registry key windows the "Move on "Copy Start & Why Menu? To" I when do click appear To" I would have to manually delete in order to remove the quot Move To quot and quot Copy To quot options from my context-menu Please help me solve the problems with my registry I m using Windows XP Pro -bit Edition The problems started when I Why do the "Move To" & "Copy To" windows appear when I click on Start Menu? tried opening windows by clicking on folders amp files which are listed on my Start Menu Whenever Why do the "Move To" & "Copy To" windows appear when I click on Start Menu? I double-click or right-click on any folders listed on my Start Menu and then select quot Open quot or quot Explore quot to open files listed on the menu the quot Move To quot amp quot Copy To quot windows pop-up The quot Move To quot amp quot Copy To quot windows won t go away unless I click on quot OK quot or quot Cancel quot And now that I have the lastest stable-release of WinRAR installed on my XP the quot Move To quot and quot Copy To Why do the "Move To" & "Copy To" windows appear when I click on Start Menu? quot options aren t listed on my context-menu anymore However I can t open any of the folders I want to access via my Start Menu because my registry is still setup to make the quot Move To quot and quot Copy To quot windows appear And now when I click on quot OK quot or quot Cancel quot on each of those windows none of the folders I wanted to open appear The previous owner of my PC configured the registry to make the start-menu amp context-menu include the quot Move To quot amp quot Copy To quot options So whenever I click on an option in the start menu those windows appear st rather than the appropriate windows that would have appeared if my registry wasn t messed up Would any of you please tell me how to make the start menu work normally without the quot Move To quot amp quot Copy To quot windows appearing everytime I click on an option on the start menu nbsp

A:Why do the "Move To" & "Copy To" windows appear when I click on Start Menu?

Sorry, I have no idea how to fix your particular issue. But, the way to avoid this kind of problem is to immediately format the disk and install the operating system fresh when taking possession of a previously owned computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-the-move-to-copy-to-windows-appear-when-i-click-on-start-menu.828220/
Relevancy 109.43%

I am having a goofy problem with .doc and .xls files. If I attempt to open them from either Windows Explorer or My computer, I get the "This file is already open" error but then you can then change the file and save it.
However, I can then execute the application and open the file from within the app, it works fine and doesn't give the error.
Any help would be appreciated. I have found traces of this error on the internet but have not found any satisfactory solutions to it. Thanks

A:"File Already Open" when Word or Excel file opened with WinExplorer or My Comp

Have you tried closing word then clicking start/run and typing

winword /regserver

Type this one for excel.

excel /regserver

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/file-already-open-when-word-or-excel-file-opened-with-winexplorer-or-my-comp-91842.html
Relevancy 109.43%

I am having a BSOD problem whenever I try to open a file in MS Word or MS Excel using the "File Open" menu. This problem also occurs when I try to attach a file to a memo (in email using Internet Explorer) and use the "Browse" button and try to choose a file.
I have attached the zip file using the SF Diagnostic tool provided. My profile also has all the system details as per your recommendations above.
Please help.

A:BSOD - Opening or attaching file using "File Open" menu

Welcome to SevenForums!

Bugcheck 1E and McAfee are common.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\McAfee Public:Start Menu\Programs\McAfee Public
Start Menu\Programs\McAfee Online Backup Public:Start Menu\Programs\McAfee Online Backup Public
McAfee is a frequent cause of BSOD crashes, consider uninstalling it with the McAfee Removal Tool and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials at least to test.How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR)
McAfee Removal Tool - McAfee Uninstaller
Make scans with the following:

-Kaspersky TDSSKiller:Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
-ESET online scanner:Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET
Recommended antivirus program for Windows 7 based on stability compared to others:-

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Malwarebytes - The Free version
Good and Free system security combination.
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Go to this link: Intel? Driver Update Utility Check for the latest drivers update (Needs Java) and download all outdated drivers for your system.

POst back results, good luck

Code:
b031e000 b032c000 mfebopk.sys
b0300000 b031e000 mfeapfk.sys
b03ac000 b03c3000 USBSTOR.SYS
b0339000 b03a3000 spsys.sys
b02c9000 b0300000 mfeavfk01.sy
9c363000 9c37b000 parport.sys
8d4f7000 8d504000 crashdmp.sys
8d504000 8d50f000 dump_pciidex
8d50f000 8d519000 dump_msahci.
8d519000 8d52a000 dump_dumpfve

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267548-bsod-opening-attaching-file-using-file-open-menu.html
Relevancy 109.12%

I just upgraded a user from Windows XP to Windows Office is the constant She has - File" "Open MS dialogue Word box hundreds of Word Docs in her My Documents folder With XP she would open Word then MS Word - "Open File" dialogue box choose File gt Open and in the quot File Name quot field she would enter a claim number which is also a PART of the filename not the entire filename EX John Doe Capital LLC - Claim docx In XP she could open the quot Open File quot dialogue box in Word and just type with no wildcard characters and all files would disappear except the files with in the filename In Windows using the same version of Office when she types an error pops up saying quot Filename not found Check the filename and try again quot Of course if you sandwich the claim number between asterisk it will do the same thing but I am wondering if there is a setting in Windows or in Office that allows you to bypass typing the asterisk I know I know make them type the asterisk This is probably what she will eventually just have to deal with but if I could find the setting that allows her to continue to work the way she did in XP that would be grand Many thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions

A:MS Word - "Open File" dialogue box

Hi, Moses007! Welcome to the Seven Forums!

I just tried it in my Word 2010. Of course, Moses007, you are exactly correct.

I believe it has something to do with the new Windows 7 search engine.

I know my post is of little help and only confirms your initial conclusion. The pragmatic solution you presented and the realization of the necessity to alter the entering of a file opening query in the Word "Open" dialog is an indication your friend is in good hands with you, Moses007.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/122093-ms-word-open-file-dialogue-box.html
Relevancy 109.12%

How can I lock the "Now" or "TODAY" or "Date" FUNCTIONs IN Excel 2003?

This seems like it would be a simple solution as everybody that deals with Excel, at some point, would be interested in not having the dates you have entered with either function "Today" or "Now" NOT automatically change to the current date and time when you reload the workbook. But if it's a simple fix, I sure haven't been able to figure it out yet. Help!!!!!!!!!!! Go ahead and show me and make me feel like an idiot...

zjoeyx

Relevancy 109.12%

every time i try to open one of this folders a window apears with this content
cant have acces to C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Configuration\{one of these folders} acces denied
this affects my IE i cant download nothing thru IE all my files on that locations i cant set dispaly pictures on WINDOWS LIVE messenger and all thinks that has anything to do with those folders
any suggsestions or idea
hope you can help me
pd ive scanned my computer and its all clean also i cant install windows XP serivce pack 2 im kinda stucked :/

A:cant open "temprorary files" "aplication data" "program data"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-temprorary-files-aplication-data-program-data.555222/
Relevancy 108.81%

I have searched to see if this was asked before without any success. Maybe someone has run into this problem before.
When I open "my computer" or "control panel" after I close it...it automatically goes into Internet Explorer as a blank page. Most of the time, when I close the IE blank page...it stops responding and I have the control-alt-delete to "end the program"
Thanks in advance for any help.

A:closing "my computer" or "Control Panel" open internet explorer window

Possibly malware - anything openning ie on its own raises an alarm in my books. Post a HJT log to the malware removal section of the forum and let the experts take a look at it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-my-computer-or-control-panel-open-internet-explorer-window.658783/
Relevancy 108.81%

Hi TechGuy I m having some recent problems on my laptop When I log-in and start using it the Solved: process running, "Generic.dx" open, "Explorer.exe" keeps IE intermittently Windows performance starts slowing down When I look at the Task Manager I notice that the task called Explorer exe takes up a lot of my CPU In a couple of minutes I also start getting Internet Explorer windows to pop-up on my screen I normally use Firefox with advertisements suggesting that my computer is infected and some software downloads that could help I recently installed McAfee Total Works or whatever they call their -in- software which is supposed to do it all I ran several scans and on some of them if did Solved: "Explorer.exe" process keeps running, IE Windows intermittently open, "Generic.dx" find and disable the Generic dx trojan Even though it claims it is doing something I don t notice any changes - Explorer exe continues to bog me down and the IE windows keep popping up to the point that I cannot use my computer effectively anymore IBM T- laptop about three and a half years old Microsoft XP-Professional Any pointers would be truly appreciated Thanks Sandjosh nbsp

A:Solved: "Explorer.exe" process keeps running, IE Windows intermittently open, "Generic.dx"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-explorer-exe-process-keeps-running-ie-windows-intermittently-open-generic-dx.602607/
Relevancy 108.81%

Hi all. I have two programs that I removed long ago that still appear in the add or remove programs menu. How do I get rid of them?

Relevancy 108.81%

I've been looking all over google for an answer to this, I couldn't find one. Thinking to myself, this is a first. Anyway I'd like it if someone had an answer for this one. I run a computer repair business and would like to add some extra metadata to some of my files for accounting purposes.

Example.I have many pictures/pdfs of invoices from suppliers. I'd like to be able to have a column in windows explorer for the total price of those invoices and I'd like to call it "Total Price" that way I can sort them by price.

Any help would be appreciated, but please don't suggest I use the categories that are already there.

Edit: If this is in the wrong spot, please move it.

A:Add Custom Entries to the "Choose Details" menu

Have I stumped you all? Nobody's replied to my thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/141793-add-custom-entries-choose-details-menu.html
Relevancy 108.5%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 108.19%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 108.19%

infected with quot vbs quot used quot Flash folders with on hard don't open afte infected all "vbs", drive "Flash_Disinfector" Disinfector quot amp folders on hard drive unable to open HI i got infected with quot vbs quot through someone's usb i ran quot Flash Disinfector quot then installed quot kaspersky quot scaned the whole computer it also deleted vbs trojan However after that when i infected with "vbs", afte "Flash_Disinfector" all folders on hard drive don't open tried to open my computer by clicking on its icon it did not open i tried to open it fron strat up but the result was same all others like my documents etc were all right i open my computer through my documents opened my c drive when i tried to open further any folder present present in the C drive it gave me the error that is this item quot vbs quot that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved so this shortcut will no longer work properly Do you want to delete this shortcut infected with "vbs", afte "Flash_Disinfector" all folders on hard drive don't open Howerever all my folders were not having any shortcut sign amp it was same with all folders present in all my drives but when i wrote the name of the folder in the address bar it opened normaly so now i cannot open my computer through its icon plus all the folders present in my hard drive please help me to sort this thing out dds DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Nadeem Ahmad at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Kaspersky Anti-Virus On-access scanning disabled Updated C D BC - - -A F -E C Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files idt wdm STacSV exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost GhostStartService exe C Program Files Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exe C Documents and Settings Nadeem Ahmad Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www msn com uDefault Page URL hxxp www msn com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext wmplayer exe ICWLaunch uInternet Settings ProxyServer socks uWindows Load quot c windows system smss exe vbs quot BHO HelperObject Class c d-c - c - -fce ad c - c program files techsmith snagit SnagItBHO dll BHO QvodExtend ac - de - - a e-a af add - c program files qvodplayer QvodExtend dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLL BHO MSN Toolbar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c program files msn toolbar msneshellx dll BHO Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll TB SnagIt ff e -abde- eb-b e-d aab cabe - c program files techsmith snagit SnagItIEAddin dll TB MSN Toolbar e ed c- cb - d -b e -ab c c - c program files msn toolbar msneshellx dll TB Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll TB FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - No File TB BC A- - D - AC -E B A BA C - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun H PC Connection Agent quot c program files ... Read more

A:infected with "vbs", afte "Flash_Disinfector" all folders on hard drive don't open

Hello buct,

It will require more than 1 round to clean the system. Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seem to abate.

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT- Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

====================================================

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications as they will interfere with our tools and the removal.

====================================================

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/infected-with-vbs-afte-flash_disinfector-all-folders-on-hard-drive-dont-open-468423.html
Relevancy 108.19%

I just resolved an issue I had with the wireless connectivity of my Acer notebook computer and now I am getting strange error messages. When I try (not every instance) to open device manager I will get the message "Failed to open empty document." From there I will occasionally get "Parser" messages that say "Value creation failed at line 843" or "line 422." I read what I could find about these messages and it points to MMC as the cause. How do I go about fixing this annoying problem if anyone knows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-to-open-empty-document-parser-error-messages.653756/
Relevancy 108.19%

HI i got infected with quot vbs quot through someone's usb i ran quot Flash Disinfector quot then installed quot kaspersky quot scaned the whole computer it also deleted open used & drive "vbs", on unable with folders "Flash_Disinfector" to hard infected vbs trojan However after that when i tried to open my computer by clicking on its icon it did not open i tried to open it fron strat up but the result was same all others like my documents etc were all right i open my computer through my documents opened my c drive when i tried to open further any folder present infected with "vbs", used "Flash_Disinfector" & folders on hard drive unable to open present in the C drive it gave me the error i am including the error meggage in attachment howerever all my folders were not having any shortcut sign amp it was same with all folders present in all my drives infected with "vbs", used "Flash_Disinfector" & folders on hard drive unable to open but when i wrote the name of the folder in the address bar it opened normaly infected with "vbs", used "Flash_Disinfector" & folders on hard drive unable to open so now i cannot open my computer through its icon plus all the folders present in my hard drive please help me to sort this thing out

A:infected with "vbs", used "Flash_Disinfector" & folders on hard drive unable to open

Hello and Welcome.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/infected-with-vbs-used-flash_disinfector-and-folders-on-hard-drive-unable-to-open-468303.html
Relevancy 108.19%

Windows XP SP2

Ok, I tried some things in other threads but to no avail. But some threads are having my same problems. First this about:blank crap is always my home page even if I change it, as well as these porn links in my favorites list. I've run scans with 5 different virus/ adware scan programs but it doesn't fix it. However, it got even worse-- I can no longer open things like My Computer, My Documents or even Control Panel to try and uninstall software. When I try to open any folder my computer freezes temp. and I get the following message: "DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

PLEASE Somebody help me. I have hijack this, if that helps. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

A:Solved: I can't open anything "Dr. wtsn error" & I can't remove "blank: about" adware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-cant-open-anything-dr-wtsn-error-i-cant-remove-blank-about-adware.340831/
Relevancy 107.88%

I am trying to uninstall Yahoo Messenger using Add/Remove Programs. It won't let me and this error message comes up.

Can someone help?

Thanks...and have a great day! Note: Just registered and first time poster.

A:Solved: Error: "Could not open "INSTALL.LOG file"

You have most likely run a Cleaning program that has the option to delete LOG files.
Some LOG files are just that. Files that "log" activity.

But some, like the one you reference, contain information about how to UNinstall that application.

In this case, I would reinstall Yahoo Messenger, and THEN uninstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-error-could-not-open-install-log-file.606825/
Relevancy 107.57%

Hi, I'm using Windows 8.1 x64 and I'd like to add to the MAIN menu of context menu (just right-clicking) the options to create a New Folder and a New Text Document. Right now I have to go to the "New" option and then select Folder or Text Document.

Thanks!

A:Add "New Folder" and "New Text Document" in context menu

This may help:

How to Add Any Application Shortcut to Windows Explorer?s Context Menu

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43061-add-new-folder-new-text-document-context-menu.html
Relevancy 107.57%

I searched the forum for tutorials on how to change these two icons (see pictures),
but couldn't find any, so if anyone have the reg key location for the icons please let me know.

Thanks in Advance

A:Change Start Menu "Run" & "Connect to" icons

What are you trying to do? Its hard to find tuts from pics.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/112425-change-start-menu-run-connect-icons.html
Relevancy 107.57%

Would you be able to tell me what "CopyAsPathMenu" and "XXX Groove GFS Context Menu Handler XXX" do? They don't appear in the context menu when I right-click a file.

A:"CopyAsPathMenu" and "XXX Groove GFS Context Menu Handler XXX"

GrooveShellExtensions.dll - Should I Block It? (GrooveShellExtensions Module)
Registry Tweak to Add

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303808-copyaspathmenu-xxx-groove-gfs-context-menu-handler-xxx.html
Relevancy 107.57%

There appears to be no open thread on this issue disappearing context menu quot new textdocument quot option After trying several alternate text editor demos I found that my registry txt entry was document" "new" "text missing context menu empty except for the default line item I replaced the entry with an expanded entry found elsewhere on this forum which called for notepad exe and included ItemName and NullFile etc After rebooting and checking my program associations to verify that my new editor EditPlus was the default I found that the quot new text document quot option appears and works in all the usual places including the desktop But there must be more to the story Notepad still appears in the ItemName entry Is this just a default reg entry with the actual default program assignments appearing elsewhere BTW as an old poster suggested elsewhere X-Setup has been de-commissioned but is still available on MajorGeeks It has some editing capability but wouldn't add a new TXT item because quot it already existed quot already registered W x SP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/missing-context-menu-new-text-document-569976.html
Relevancy 107.57%

Anyone knows why when i remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" context menu entries from registry, windows automatically creates new one's after restart. Never had such problem in 8, and it's driving me nuts!!!!!

Thanks for help!

A:Can't Remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" From Context Menu

Hello Newuser015,

This may be able to help with that.

Pin to Start Menu - Add or Remove from Context Menu in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums

Send to - Add or Remove from Context Menu - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/37177-cant-remove-send-pin-start-context-menu.html
Relevancy 107.57%

How can I add "send to" menu in "Windows Photo Viewer"

A:How can I add "send to" menu in "Windows Photo Viewer"

If you close Windows Photo Viewer, and right click the photo, you can choose Send To... but not from within WPV

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-can-i-add-send-to-menu-in-windows-photo-viewer-702892.html
Relevancy 107.57%

I m having a problem with Windows Explorer Every time I connect a removable drive the Folders panel displays a duplicate set of quot Shared Documents lt username gt s Documents and entries "Shared Windows Doc "<username>'s duplicate Explorer for displays Documents," other entries quot It even happens when I Windows Explorer displays duplicate entries for "Shared Documents," "<username>'s Doc plug in my phone to charge through the USB port Basically it happens when something is connected in the USB port card reader removable drive ect Please look at my screen shot and you will understand I think it has something to do with a Motorola driver I recently uninstalled but I don t remember which one I am using WinXP Pro It seems I can t post images Sorry but it appears that your post includes a web site address URL Unfortunately we ve had a problem with people posting advertisements and have had to stop new users from posting URLs to other sites After you ve been using our site for a while you will be allowed to post URLs Please remove the link from your post before submitting your message again If you need more help please contact email protected Thanks for your understanding So please come to this link and see img photobucket com albums v Caped duplicateentries jpg nbsp

A:Windows Explorer displays duplicate entries for "Shared Documents," "<username>'s Doc

Please, no one knows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-displays-duplicate-entries-for-shared-documents-username-s-doc.389394/
Relevancy 107.26%

I don't know if I am explaining this correctly, but at the top, you have FILE EDIT FAVORITES TOOLS HELP. When you click on "File" and a window opens and one of the choices is "Open". In this area you can type an address that IE will open for you. My question is how to clear everything that ever typed there?
TY

Relevancy 107.26%

Hope this query is in the right section -tried to use my LDS 1881 England Census CDs last night - but having problems with the Viewer.

I have V4 which up to now has worked perfectly - tried to re-install it
and I keep getting "Failed to extract file "Dll_ini" from binary table"
error message.

BUT no problems on my laptap which has the Viewer installed from the
same CD.

Have had a few problems with computer of late - it was in the workshop
3 weeks ago because of some corrupt Windows files - could that be the
problem?

Grateful for any advice, suggestions as to what to do!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-error-failed-to-extract-file-dll_ini-from-binary-table.354576/
Relevancy 106.95%

When I right click on my C & D drive in My Computer the Open and Explore words in in odd characters and clicking on them does nothing. This happened after I used a USB key on another computer that had these characters. How do I fix this?

A:Solved: Right Click C Drive "Open" &amp; "Explore" in odd characters

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-right-click-c-drive-open-amp-explore-in-odd-characters.737273/
Relevancy 106.95%

Hello guys,

I don't know what I did, but nothing happens when I click on those two things in the search bar:

View image: wtf

I reinstalled Windows a few hours ago, and IIRC pressing those with the mouse lead somewhere. Now when I click on them, it does nothing. I have to type in "Settings", so I can click on the actual Windows App. Then I can navigate to those settings. IIRC those results were "clickable".

Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance!

A:Can't open "Windows Update Settings" or "Check for Updates"

Hello iamnewhere,

If you like, here's a Windows Update shortcut to use for now until hopefully an update will sort it for you.

Windows Update Shortcut - Create in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44735-cant-open-windows-update-settings-check-updates.html
Relevancy 106.95%

I have looked around for help on this issue and havn t been able to find a resolution that works I think because I havn t been able to find any imformation on my specific issue I am one of the most computer literate people I know so when a co-worker mentioned to me that he was having problems with his computer I agreed to look at it His problem was simple he had Windows off" repair "open with" (userinit.exe) "logs Solved: after a lot of viruses I have cleared most however I assume not all viruses and instinces of spyware The computer worked fine for Solved: Windows "logs off" after "open with" repair (userinit.exe) a little while while I did some final checks on his computer then the problems started He has a Dell Inspiron m Laptop running Windows XP Pro Service tag sk As far as I can tell he has not added or upgraded it in any way He only has some basic programs I know that the issues might have something to do with his wireless He is running the Intel PRO Wireless BG The computer is getting stop errors BSOD The first one was called DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Stop x D amd listed the file w n sys which upon further study turned out to be a file related to his wireless I have already updated the drivers and reinstalled the program with the latest versions on the Intel website I also noticed though with not frequent the stop error with the same name and stop code but which listed the NDIS sys file which upon further study turned out to be a system utility and now I have gotten a stop error of x A IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL but without a listed file I have tried without success to repair the problem but I havn t been able to find something that could fix it I am very computer literate and know what I am doing mostly but when it comes to the more advanced items I might need some guidance Also I suspect that this might be unrelated but there is still an issue on his computer which I suspect might be a virus but havn t been able to download a good virus software program because of these stop errors For some reason when I attempt to open the C drive his only drive from My Computer it opens up the quot Open With quot dialog box On right click the quot open quot command has been replaced with some seemingy random characters They dont spell anything that I can figure but do still resemble english letters though with different symols does that make sense its not like quot flklfahsf quot its a number of characters that have no meaning to me I can still quot explore quot the drive by right clicking and have been told that I should look for the autorun ini and the autorun inf files and delete them but they weren t present hidden or visible There was an autorun something cant remember file present but I was reluctant to do anything with it I assume that this is related to some virus but like I said I havn t been able to download norton without the computer stopping before the download finished Any help would be great I can get screenshots of some of these problems or post logs whatever is needed for you to help Any help would be much appreciated both my coworker and I don t make a lot of money so were trying to avoid shop costs Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Windows "logs off" after "open with" repair (userinit.exe)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-logs-off-after-open-with-repair-userinit-exe.686069/
Relevancy 106.95%

In any application under Win XP, when I use a Save As or Open dialog box, and click the down arrow next to the location box to search for the folder I want, the application never responds. Usually, I have to click the arrow a couple of times and then it sort of wakes up and responds, or the application crashes (the title bar of the dialog box will say "Not Responding".

Often, in the case of the Save As dialog, it won't say Save As in the upper left corner, only an "S" will appear there.

Seems like a memory issue or else something corrupt in the system. Before I shell out $35 to MS to have them fix something that shouldn't be broken, can anyone help???

Relevancy 106.95%

For some time now, double clicking on a folder no longer opens it as usual. Instead, double clicking on a folder causes a separate Explorer Search window to open, with that folder's name under the "search in" tab. In fact, when i right click on a folder, the first and bold-faced option is "search", as opposed to "open". So to open any folder I have to right click it and hit open, which is slow and annoying. I cleaned out my registry, spyware, viruses, everything, and still this problem persists. I also checked the Mouse control panel, nothing there.

Anyone know what's going on with my computer?

A:Help! Double-clicking on folders prompts "search", not "open"

Hi

Open "My Documents", go into Tools>Folder Options and under General>Browse Folders choose Open each folder in the same window. Save that and then goto View>Explorer Bar> and click Folders.

See if its better now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-double-clicking-on-folders-prompts-search-not-open-140931.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 106.95%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Example sentence: vrytim I prss ths kys, nothing happns. Now I'm writing with my on-sreen keyboard. I'm clueless when it comes to computer stuff. How do I fix this? Is this a software problem, or a hardware problem?Help is much appreciated!

A:Kyboard deos not respond to the keys: "e", "d", "c" and "3"

My keyboard hath the thame problem with the thupid eth key. The blathted thing ith driving me nutth.

All theriousneth...er...seriousness aside, usually, that is a hardware problem. Can you find or borrow another keyboard and see if it will work correctly on your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311639-kyboard-deos-not-respond-keys-e-d-c-3-a.html
Relevancy 106.64%

This is driving me bonkers and I "workstation" to copy WinXP FAIL file "server" Win7 have almost no hair left I really hope someone can help When I attempt to copy or Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL move a file or folder from my Win box to my WinXP SP media server the operation nearly always fails Take for example my trying to copy the VLC Media Player folder files MB from Program Files Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL on Win to the C drive on the media server via a mapped drive X In all cases after hanging up at some point during the copy I get this message Network Error There is a problem accessing X lt whatever current sub-folder copying is gt Make sure you are connected to the network and try again I should note here that you only see the message come up if you wait for it min after the copy hangs If you try to cancel the hung copy before the message comes up you can crash explorer exe I must Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL also stress that there are no other access problems on the network Files on the media server are accessible as expected from the Win box Performing the same copy in reverse quot pulling quot the same folder to the XP box from its console instead of quot pushing quot from Win works perfectly All machines are in WORKGROUP and the same exact credentials are in use on all machines All machines run the same version of Symantec Endpoint Protection and have firewall rules configured to allow all LAN traffic All machines are connected through a Linksys SD -port GB quot dumb quot switch Routing DHCP is provided by a D-Link DI- NICs are all set to auto-negotiate I have tried monkeying with NIC settings it is an onboard Realtek to no avail I have also installed an Intel PRO XT Server NIC just to see if it was a Realtek issue No change Here's the kicker my Win Panasonic laptop connected to the same LAN does not suffer this same problem In fact when I run the same copy the speed is about twice as fast as on the Win PC in question before the PC hangs up of course Any ideas that I might try would be appreciated I have even recently reinstalled Win from scratch hoping that might fix it EndGame

A:Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL

Same thing happens in my LAN between both Seven Ultimate x86 and x64 and a XP Pro SP3 file server, and also no problem copying from a Toshiba U200-182 laptop with Seven Pro x86 (Upgrade disk from Toshiba)to the same xp machine, also note that there is a normal transfer speed between al Seven platforms....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77706-win7-workstation-winxp-server-file-copy-fail.html
Relevancy 106.64%

Word all messed up at the moment. Tool bars misssing and loads of other small annoying things.

How do I start from scratch with Word again ?

A:Getting "Default" or "factory" settings of Word back

Delete all occurances of normal.dot Make sure Word is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-default-or-factory-settings-of-word-back.292846/
Relevancy 105.71%

Hello I am getting the following error when moving files on the same drive or from one to another quot Error Moving File or Folder Cannot remove folder not "directory folder" file or one file left empty" moving "Error is insert folder name here The directory is not empty quot This is fairly common once or twice a month and it occurs usually with folders containing many subfolders when being moved by explorer gui quot Move the selected items quot or ctrl-x ctrl-v Repeated attempts through the same process seems to move the folders but the errors increase as the concentration of stubborn folders increases There are "Error moving file or folder" "directory is not empty" one file left no event viewer logs corresponding to these errors eventvwr msc system or application I would have thought this would be a common problem but extensive searches came up with nothing "Error moving file or folder" "directory is not empty" one file left so either it is rare untroubling to others extremely easy to fix or my search queries suck I am going to run Checkdisk to make sure all is well there and I will repost the likely failure nbsp

A:"Error moving file or folder" "directory is not empty" one file left

Occasionally when I am deleting a file, it is difficult, I have to go through process explorer, search for the thread that is strangely(?) associated with that file in explorer (no reasonable dependencies could be linked, nor is the file being viewed), and kill the thread before deletion.

any thoughts?

Thanks =)
-J

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-moving-file-or-folder-directory-is-not-empty-one-file-left.652638/