Windows Support Forum

Solved: Help with Creating User and Password in Access

Q: Solved: Help with Creating User and Password in Access

Hi Guys I am trying to create users and password in an access database I created I have written the code but its says there is error and I cant find the errror I need your help please Here is the code Here is the Users table tblUsers UserID UserName EmpPassword Private Sub cboUsers AfterUpdate After selecting user name set focus to password field Me txtPassword SetFocus End Sub Private Sub cmdLogin Click Check to see if data is entered into the UserName combo box If IsNull Me cboUsers Or in Access User with Password Creating Solved: and Help Me cboUsers quot quot Then MsgBox Solved: Help with Creating User and Password in Access quot You must enter a User Name quot vbOKOnly quot Required Data quot Me cboUsers SetFocus Exit Sub End If Check to see if data is entered into the password box If IsNull Me txtPassword Or Me txtPassword quot quot Then MsgBox quot You must enter a Password quot vbOKOnly quot Required Data quot Me txtPassword SetFocus Exit Sub End If Check value of password in tblUsers to see if this matches value chosen in combo box If Me txtPassword Value DLookup quot EmpPassword quot quot tblUsers quot quot UserID quot amp Me cboUsers Value Then lngMyUserID Me cboUsers Value Close logon form and open MainSwitchboard screen DoCmd Close acForm quot frmLogon quot acSaveNo DoCmd OpenForm quot frmMainSwitchboard quot Else MsgBox quot Password Invalid Please Try Again quot vbOKOnly quot Invalid Entry quot Me txtPassword SetFocus End If If User Enters incorrect password times database will shutdown intLogonAttempts intLogonAttempts If intLogonAttempts gt Then MsgBox quot You do not have access to this database Please contact admin quot vbCritical quot Restricted Access quot Application Quit End If Check to see if data is entered into the password box If IsNull Me txtPassword Or Me txtPassword quot quot Then MsgBox quot You must enter a Password quot vbOKOnly quot Required Data quot Me txtPassword SetFocus Exit Sub End If Check value of password in tblUsers to see if this matches value chosen in combo box If Me txtPassword Value DLookup quot EmpPassword quot quot tblUsers quot quot UserID quot amp Me cboUsers Value Then lngMyUserID Me cboUsers Value Close logon form and open MainSwitchboard DoCmd Close acForm quot frmLogon quot acSaveNo DoCmd OpenForm quot frmMainSwitchboard quot Else MsgBox quot Password Invalid Please Try Again quot vbOKOnly quot Invalid Entry quot Me txtPassword SetFocus End If If User Enters incorrect password times database will shutdown intLogonAttempts intLogonAttempts If intLogonAttempts gt Then MsgBox quot You do not have access to this database Please contact admin quot vbCritical quot Restricted Access quot Application Quit End If End Sub Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Help with Creating User and Password in Access

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 74.39%

I have several reports from a database that I have built for my boss to see different views of work progress. She currently copies and pastes to put them in Excel.

I'd like to provide her with a button she can click to Export everything to Excel for her. She is not the most tech-savvy, so showing her how to do it within Access is not a feasible option (she'd just ask me to show her every time she needed to do it).

Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Access 2007: Creating a Button to allow user to export report to Excel

In Form design Mode the Form "Button Wizard" will create the button for you.
The fourth item on the "button sub menu" is Report Operations and on the right hand side the last option is Send Report to File.
You then select the report that you want and then "Output to MS Exel"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2007-creating-a-button-to-allow-user-to-export-report-to-excel.1142585/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have three different MS Access applications that run on user in vba Prompt password for Access Solved: MS a SQL backend For the Access front ends I am utilizing Jet mdw file for User level security Scope of the applications has increased to where we are using eForms across multiple business sites What I would like to do is enhance user Solved: Prompt for user password in MS Access vba security by tapping into Jet through vba before an activity is recorded under that user s name and date stamped which is something as close to an electronic signature that Access could get I think This would be a separate step from initial application log on which I already have users do Ideally the user would press a button to sign a form the vba subroutine would prompt the user to enter his application password then verify the password against the users mdw file and then stamp the record with user name and date I know how to do everything except the password verification part I am familiar with DAO ADO and ADOX protocols within vba but all I can find is code to set up a new user and assign a password but not verify a self-prescribed password of a Solved: Prompt for user password in MS Access vba user Does anybody have any comments suggestions Many thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Prompt for user password in MS Access vba

ctwest, sorry for the delay in responding, but Access questions are best posted on the Business Applications forum, even though yours is a programming question.
If you haven't found an answer to this question yet, you do not need to prompt users for their password to identify them.
Access knows who they are when they have logged on, you can identify them using the CurrentUser or Application CurrentUser.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-prompt-for-user-password-in-ms-access-vba.909178/
Relevancy 69.23%

in windows 7 how do i disable creating a new user account and password
what should i stop/remove/disable...services or what???
give me an instructions pls

the reason im doing this cause my little bro keep creating an account, then my windows settings are screwed up and files are moved

A:how do i disable creating a new user account & password (answer pls)

open registry (regedit)
follow the following tree
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
in the right of the window you will find EnableLUA. Open it and change its value to 0.

that's all.

.... Was this helpful?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/249097-how-do-i-disable-creating-new-user-account-password-answer-pls.html
Relevancy 68.37%

In windows 7 how do i disable creating a new user account and password
what should i stop/remove/disable...services or what???
give me an instructions pls

the reason im doing this cause my little bro keep creating an account, then my windows settings are screwed up and files are moved

A:how do i disable creating a new user account & password in windows 7 (answer pls)

Create a password for your account and lock the desktop when you're not using it. If he doesn't have access to Windows he can't change anything.

If he needs access to the system, create a limited account for him. This type of account won't be able to create new accounts.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-do-i-disable-creating-a-new-user-account-and-password-in-windows-7-answer-pls-662662.html
Relevancy 67.08%

When using Microsoft Publisher to create a website, is it possible to set-up a "Password" box, so that a person would have to enter a password to access all or part of the website?

A:Creating a Password to access a website

MS Pub isn't really set up to do that

an easy way is to create a password system for a specific folder using .htaccess as explained below:
http://wsabstract.com/howto/htaccess3.shtml

you create the file, upload it to your webserver, then access to your page(s) need a user id and password from the list you authorize

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-password-to-access-a-website.208230/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,
I have been trying to create a report with option that user will enter the date from and to.

I have created a form for the date option. I have created query and also report. How the heck do I link them all together so when user click on REPORT date window pops up and he/she will enter to and from date and the system would generate the report to and from that date.

I hope I am explaining it right

Thanks in advance

A:Creating a report in Access 2K with user having option to choose to and from date

If your query asks for the start and end dates, then create a report based on that query. It'll work!

------------------
~dreamboat~
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
Brainbench

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-report-in-access-2k-with-user-having-option-to-choose-to-and-from-date.38427/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello Everyone,

Happy 2007 everyone and thank you for taking the time to look at this thread. I would like to create a new user account but with the exact same settings, programs, and files of an existing one. I am using XP; thank you in advance for you help.

-afs16554-

Relevancy 60.63%

tried many times to access laptop the password says the user profile service failed the logon
user profile cannot be loaded '
i can get in on safe mode but canged my password but it still wont let me in have put malware bytes on and cleared some bugs but it still wont let me in there are litte blue and yellow shiels next to some things that i need to access to alter things but when i click them nothing happens i dont have a recovery disc
also a box says smartlogon.exe application error the application was unable to start correctly
(0xc0000006)

A:cannot access password user profile

Quote: Originally Posted by gatelad

tried many times to access laptop the password says the user profile service failed the logon
user profile cannot be loaded '
i can get in on safe mode but canged my password but it still wont let me in have put malware bytes on and cleared some bugs but it still wont let me in there are litte blue and yellow shiels next to some things that i need to access to alter things but when i click them nothing happens i dont have a recovery disc
also a box says smartlogon.exe application error the application was unable to start correctly
(0xc0000006)

Try a reinstall. Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/292513-cannot-access-password-user-profile.html
Relevancy 60.63%

how do i create a new password as an administrator in safe mode?

thanks

A:Solved: creating a password?

i figured it out, thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-creating-a-password.620114/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am trying to create a User Account on my new notebook running Windows 7 Home Premium. After I type in the name, Share, the User Account Control Panel comes up with message that "The specified account name is not valid because account names cannot contain the following characters" and then gives a list of special characters, none of which are in the account name.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Creating a user account

See if any of these suggestions help: the specific account is not valid because account names cannot contain - Microsoft Answers

Also here: Network Message = "The specified account name is not valid - Microsoft Answers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-creating-a-user-account-573258.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello, I have a desktop running on Windows XP.

It's a long story... The fact is that somebody has put a password on my Windows User account. I thought I can still access Windows through the Admin account, but the Admin is also passworded. So I'm staring at the monitor not knowing what to do.

Is there any way I can access my desktop?... I don't want to reinstall Windows, because there's stuff on my PC that I don't want to lose.

Thank you.

A:I cannot access desktop because of admin and user password.

u can download the hirens boot cd and boot into mini xp. inside of mini xp there is many tools for repairing windows and such included in those tools is a password recovery tool. ive never used this tool ive used the hirens boot cd for repairing stuff in windows before but ive never used the password recovery options. u can try this or maby someone els knows somtihng better.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-cannot-access-desktop-because-of-admin-and-user-password-670957.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I lost access to the admin acct on my windows home premium hp g series laptop two months ago and am using a new acct I made I do not remember how come I thought it didn t matter I guess however it does I am no longer able to do a defrag or use my avg pc tuneup program or maybe even do a back up I am afraid to open acct User access..... no password lost up the area where backups occur I have tried relentlessly to get the password right and am at a total total loss as to what it was THE acct I am on now is not asking for a password I am thrilled since this is my only way to use the laptop I thought the laptop was totally c crashed only to two months after the crash plugged it in and the battery began charging and windows appeared right on the screen Can anybody help me gt I have tried Microsoft and windows help is almost nonexistent wit the onset of windows Thank you I just want my admin acct back Surely its possible nbsp

A:User acct password lost no access.....

Please read the site rules:

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-acct-password-lost-no-access.1112878/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi hope some one can help as this is really bugging me.

I have 2 HP laptops running Windows 7. I can access the puplic folder and printer sharing from the first laptop to the secound. When I try to access the puplic folder from the secound laptop to the first I get this error.

As far as I know all my setting are correct in the 2 laptops. here is the screen shotts on the setting.

and the other laptop all looks the same so I dont understand why its asking for passwords.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

A:Cant access public folder without user name and password?

If you know the credentials, you might check that box that says to remember them and it likely wont appear again

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/141160-cant-access-public-folder-without-user-name-password.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok so my mom wants a user account. So i go to create one. (I'm a computer admin and the only account on the computer) When i created it i noticed that it wouldnt let me make her account limited. (the bullet for the limited account was faded or un-clickable) so i could only make her an admin account. I made her account, loged off and when i looked at the screen it only showed her newly created account but not mine. What should i do? I went on her account and did system restore and i got my account back but hers was gone.

A:[SOLVED] Creating a user account problem

hi TheMasta,

the only thing i can think of trying is goto safe mode and from the administrator try set an account from their.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-creating-a-user-account-problem-553139.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Can someone run through a step by step guide to becoming an administrator in PalTalk. I have attempted this before, but I am having no luck.

Cheers

Matt

PS. Any other useful little hint tips in PalTalk would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Creating An Admin User In Pal Talk?

Don't worry I Have worked this one out now!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-creating-an-admin-user-in-pal-talk.47210/
Relevancy 59.34%

I Just recently found a computer that someone had thrown out that is fully operational but requires a password to access it. This computer would be a great help to me, but I have no way to get into it and use it. Does anyone know of a way that I could bypass this or erase everything so the computer can be started from scratch that I can use it.

If anyone can give me any assistance I'd definately give them a donation thru Paypal

A:How To Gain Access To A Computer With A User Name And Password Required?

Sorry,
We can't help you with that.
Many claim to have "found a PC", etc....
We'd like to believe your claim.
Find a local tech to help you out.

We don't help with such. It's against all we stand for here on the BC.
This topic is closed now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68125/how-to-gain-access-to-a-computer-with-a-user-name-and-password-required/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have used the same password on my user account ( Administrator) since purchase of Vista in Feb 2008 and decided to change it but although I am certain I have typed in the password absolutely correctly when I try to make the change it says my password is incorrect.

It is just a home Computer.

I haven't logged off today because if I do I expect I will be denied access and I have a few personal documents in the User account that I need daily access to.
Any suggestions as to what may have gone wrong as the password is just a basic one which is easy to remember.

Relevancy 58.91%

I have one computer in my home network that I can not share files. I get the message below.
All of the other computer on my network would have a "popup box" where I would enter the Username and Password - but this one computer does not give me that popup.

Also I can access all of the other computer from this on ("GA-EG45M") but I can't access it from the others. Where do I go to authorize "access permissions"? All of the network discovery and sharing settings are set the same on all computers.

A:How do I grant permission to access Network - no user/password popup

Checked this one yet? Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374942-how-do-i-grant-permission-access-network-no-user-password-popup.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop a [SOLVED] profile.... creating user tempory XP automatically Windows a -s its a few years old Until recently it has been a good computer While working on it lastnight [SOLVED] Windows XP automatically creating a tempory user profile.... it froze I was unable to do anything except move the mouse However the keyboard functions would not work I shut the computer down by holding the power button until it cut off After a few seconds I rebooted the computer a message appeared with the following error quot Windows is unable to log in to your your profile at this time quot some dots followed this and the next message says quot windows is creating a temporary profile [SOLVED] Windows XP automatically creating a tempory user profile.... any changes to this profile will not be saved quot The quot temporary quot profile is just like a new computer or a computer that has been set back to factory settings I can't access any of my doc's pic's email etc from this profile How do I get my permanent profile back Or how do I get the computer to boot up and allow me to log on to my profile Any help or advice is greatly appreciated Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP automatically creating a tempory user profile....

try going into safe mode while booting up what I do is I hit f8 over and over till I get the options screen to boot into safe mode with networking see if that will get you into your old profile

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-automatically-creating-a-tempory-user-profile-371344.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I need help:

1. I log into a normal user account.

2. I double click to access a restricted folder.
(Restricted folder means: In administrator account, I made this folder restricted to other users. Right
Click/Properties/Security tab)

3. A message came up:
You don't currently have permission to
access this folder.
Click Continue to permanently get access
to this folder.

4. After I click Continue a message came up:
You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need to use
the Security tab.
But I want Windows to ask my admin password to access that folder.

I have done this job before, and it worked fine but I forgot how did I do...
Thanks for helping me.

Related topics: UAC, netplwiz, secpol, gpedit, runas

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc97ca40-b7b3-4afd-b7f9-57b37e811b72/how-to-access-a-restricted-folder-by-using-my-admin-password-in-a-normal-user-account?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 57.62%

Fully up to date Vista Home Premium 32bit.

I lock computer by pressing WinKey+L or just wait few minutes and it start screensaver and lock itself. The problem exists ONLY when screen saver is running (tried third party screensavers and ones that were built in by Microsoft - no difference).

If ScreenSaver is running and I physically press turn off button on system unit, my computer exit screensaver, bring applications that are running to the front of screen, and lets me to work with them while Vista attempt to shut computer off. To make the matter worse, it almost always bring dialog about waiting for some applications more time or cancel shut down attempt. If I cancel it - i get full access to previously locked session without entering user name or password....
Could it be that this problem just my system specific?(not likely)

A:Security problem: gaining full Vista access without entering password or user name

Could someone reproduce it?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234876-security-problem-gaining-full-vista-access-without-entering-password-user-name.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Does anyone know how to create users in access so they have to log into the database?

And mebbe when they are logged in they will only be able to view the form and not do anything with it?

I see it there but not sure how to do it

Cheers

Gus

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi

Can you tell me please how can I create a new Query table using SQL in VBA mode?
For example: I have table "Employees" with "FirstName" and "LastName" fields. On the form user would choose to show "FirstName" only, "LastName" only, both and etc...., and the application would display the table with the chosen fields.

Thanks,
Barbos

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

In my jobs table i have a field "Expected completion date" when the actual date goes past the expected completion date I would like a reminder saying you have X amount of unfinished jobs.

Would this be possible? Perhaps a little VBA on the MainMenu OnLoad Event

Thanks.

Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys and gals.

I need to create a report from 2 queries, one query which identifies cross training and the other identifies safety training for each employee. I need to do this and then identify both sections as to which is what type. I can send a sample of what I'm looking for in word format if you need further clarification of my intentions.

Thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

Okay easy question for today.

I have a query with a field called "min". I want to create another field that takes the value of "min" and multiplies it by 1.25.

I have tried the following:

Code:
Extra time: [min]*1.25
This just returns a blank field called extra time. What is the correct expression?

Thanks
Cara

A:Solved: Access Query: creating a formula

The correct formula is
ExtraTime: [min]*1.25

I am not sure why yours is not working, other than the space between Extra & Time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-query-creating-a-formula.1049964/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone, i have an invoice form, i want to create a subform that stores the clients contact details. How do i go about that?

Thanks

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I am running Microsoft Access on Windows I want to create a scheduling tool in MS Access but I am at a scheduling Creating Solved: tool 2007 Access in a loss for the table structure I have a bunch of trainers and want to be able Solved: Creating a scheduling tool in Access 2007 to log their availability and then schedule them for work but have the database tell me when they are already scheduled or not available I am an intermediate user of Access so understand most of the tools I have tried having tables with the master dates and dates available and dates scheduled and have used update and delete queries that run on a macro to update and alert schedules but this seems like a needlessly complex way of structuring it and not very flexible Perhaps a DBA out there could give me a few pointers on the best table query macro combination that would be easy to scale up or down Preferably something that does not require VBA coding or if it must very simple coding Thanks in advance Sincerely Morne nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Guys,
could someone give me or point me to a step by step procedure for creating a self poplating drop down box in Access 2010 and printing the report. I am trying to teach myself - have so far created a db and a number of tables. One of the tables is for States and is populated accordingly. I am trying to make up a data base for say -attendance at theatres and then printing out a report on Theatres attended, dates, location and movies watched. (I am not doing this for any commercial organistion).
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A:Solved: Creating a self populating dropdown box in Access 2010

I requested that your post be moved to the Business Application thread. You will probably get more/better answers there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-creating-a-self-populating-dropdown-box-in-access-2010.1071661/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have been attempting to figure out how to get all the right calculations in an invoice When I view - Solved: Access Help sample invoices/Northwind with creating the sample Northwind Database I know that the Order Details Form is very similar to what I need but i can t figure that how they got the order id number to be the same on what appears to be different records within a record I am using it for a dentist s database The dentist may do five different procedures on the same patient on the same day I want all those to show up on one invoice The procedures all have their own Solved: Access - Help with creating invoices/Northwind sample record but I can t figure out how to get them to have the same invoice number automatically I know I can Solved: Access - Help with creating invoices/Northwind sample search by date but that could get to be labor intensive The same patient may have another procedure a day later that would also need to be added Solved: Access - Help with creating invoices/Northwind sample to the invoice Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Access - Help with creating invoices/Northwind sample

Margie, a lot of it has to do with the data structure, the query(s) and Report "Grouping" or sub Reports, again I would need to see how the data is laid out to really help you any further.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-help-with-creating-invoices-northwind-sample.736693/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,
I'm trying to create an Access database that I can use to record information about various callers. I need to be able to make a report that tells me how many of each kind of caller answered which questions. Example: How many 21-25 year olds, who are males, said their favorite color was green. How many 26-30 year olds, who happen to be female, said they do have a car.

The results have to be broken down using the criteria of age and gender. HELPPPPP!

A:Solved: ACCESS 2003: Help with creating a phone log and statistics

Do you still need help on this, or has been superceeded by your later Thread?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2003-help-with-creating-a-phone-log-and-statistics.698963/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello All!

I am a novice Access user. I just recently started using it to create a database for work that will track complaints. I have been searching high and low to try to figure out how to create a custom autonumber field but just don't know what to do. Maybe there is some help out there from one of you.

I wish to create an autonumber that displays the computer's date and generated numbering.
(Ex. 08/22/10-0001, 08/22/10-0002...)

Any help given would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

-Julie

Relevancy 55.04%

I m still very new to Access and databases so if you can help please answer as simply as possible I work in at the reference desk in a public library where every day we keep a tally of how many reference questions we answer how many exams we proctor how many documents we notarize etc In the past we ve used Excel to keep track of these stats and it s been fine but I thought I d use this as a way to learn Access So Creating Monthly Report 2007 Statistics Solved: Access I ve created a single-table database in Access with the date and these other items as the field names I initially set the date to be the primary key but I wasn t sure if that was screwing me up so I created a new field as the primary key with a throw-away label like quot record number quot that I m not Solved: Access 2007 Creating Monthly Statistics Report even going to display in the reports and forms I m trying to create a query-based report which will display one month s results of what is essentially the datasheet view of this table organized by the date So for example when I run the report I might input quot quot and I will get a table that shows me each individual day in September with our stats for each of the categories listed above organized ascending by the date The query is giving me all kinds of problems however I admit to feeling like a bit of script-kiddie b c I ve just been throwing different stuff at it that I find on various forums with no success The closest I ve gotten so far suggests using a calculated field - format myDateField quot mm yyyy quot - where myDateField would be the field name for my date column and setting the criteria to Enter mm yyyy So I created a report based off this query and it worked almost perfectly except that my actual dates are listed as just instead of mm dd yyyy I m thinking it s pretty clear this is to do with the way I wrote the calculated field which I could easily edit but then I would only get reports for specific days not specific months If anyone has any ideas please let me know and thank you so much nbsp

A:Solved: Access 2007 Creating Monthly Statistics Report

One thing to remember about Access is that you must forget Excel to take advantage of how Access works. Making Items Access Field names may restrict how you can evaluate your data, it is usually better to have the Items as individual Records.
Your attempt at the Query is pretty good, although I would probably have split the Date Field in to Month and Year Columns. Also you can leave the original Date field in the Query for displaying purposes.
Are you sure that the date showing as ##### is not due to the column being too narrow to display correctly?
Unfortunately I do not have Access 2007 so I can't look at what you have unless you Convert it to Access 2003 Format.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2007-creating-monthly-statistics-report.859920/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm working on a filter to show which Drawing Changes are overdue by selecting check boxes that have certain overdue periods. (e.g. 1-14 days past due, 15-30 day past due, 31-60 days, etc.) I'm not very good at VBA but I'm using some code I have from a search form I used a while ago that has a date filter. I'm confident I can figure out the code for the filter, but I'm not sure how to say what I want to happen in VBA code. What I want the filter to read is this:

If 1-14 days is checked, include entries that (Due Date + 14days) >= Today's date
If 15-30 days is checked, include (Due Date + 30days) >= Today's date AND (Due date +14days) < Today's date
and so on.

I'm using Access 2010 on Windows XP

Thanks for any help!

Dobber9

Relevancy 55.04%

I have painstakenly begun the creation of a database that tracks people in various query/report a monthly in Creating Solved: 2007 Access ways However the only benefit the database will have is if I can create reports that group them into relevant information Most of the information that I need to report is based off of monthly quarterly and yearly groupings However I want the users to easily be able to access this information I would like to create queries which will then feed the reports I plan to create Solved: Creating a monthly query/report in Access 2007 that break the information down into monthly quarterly and yearly reports based upon various dates Solved: Creating a monthly query/report in Access 2007 included in the database I have investigated the sample Northwind database and it has this great Report dialog box to make it easy for users to gather the information they want The only way I could figure out to gather information by date is to have Between dates Parameters a confusing endeavor for some of my users Does anybody have any suggestions for me to make my queries reports easier to use for the novice user Just a note I m not great with VBA but I do know how to type in it just can t write it very well myself nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello everybody,

In our organization we have 50 xp running machines. & a DC win 2003 they all connected with exchange server 2003. For this purpose we have configured ms outlook 2003 for all users. Recently when they are triyng to open Internet Explorer it asks for thier userneme & password again & again. what could be the problem.
thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Asking for user name & password

Is it the Outlook name and pass? If it is, has someone configured Outlook to be the mail handler for IE in Internet Options?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asking-for-user-name-password.813396/
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm fairly new to Access, and I'm looking for a way to make a search form that has both text boxes and combo boxes associated with fields in my table, titled Tbl_DCR. I want to be able to select certain field values and have either a sub-form or the datasheet section of a split-form display any records that have that field value in them. So if I selected values from two different combo boxes, it would only display records that have both field values in them, and so on. I'm running Access 2007 on XP. Please help!

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi

I have a report in which i display the dates chosen on the form that runs the report in the heading of the report as a text box.
It appears in the report; but when I choose to email the report as a pdf the text box appears on the mailed pdf as #Name

I have the text box set up so: =[Forms]![F_Payslips]![startdate]

Any ideas how to get it to appear on the pdf?

A:Solved: Access Report 'Looses' text box info when creating to mail as a pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-report-looses-text-box-info-when-creating-to-mail-as-a-pdf.1061122/
Relevancy 54.18%

Can anyone suggest how I can keep a comment record from being created if the “Comment” text box is blank or only has blank spaces in the text box?

Is there a VB script or something??

A:Solved: Keeping a Comment with only blank spaces from creating a record in MS Access

jlathem said:

Can anyone suggest how I can keep a comment record from being created if the “Comment” text box is blank or only has blank spaces in the text box?

Is there a VB script or something??Click to expand...

Note: Access uses VBA, not VB script, internally

In the form's Before Update event use something like this:
Code:
Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)

Cancel = False
' perform data validation
If Len(Trim(Nz(Me.txtComment,""))) < 1 Then

MsgBox "You must enter a comment.", vbCritical, "Data entry error..."

Cancel = True
End If
If Not Cancel Then
' passed the validation process

If Me.NewRecord Then
If MsgBox("Data will be saved, Are you Sure?", vbYesNo, "Confirm") = vbNo Then
Cancel = True
Else
' run code for new record before saving

End If

Else
If MsgBox("Data will be modified, Are you Sure?", vbYesNo, "Confirm") = vbNo Then
Cancel = True
Else
' run code before an existing record is saved
' example: update date last modified

End If
End If

End If
' if the save has been canceled or did not pass the validation , then ask to Undo changes
If Cancel Then

If MsgBox("Do you want to undo all changes?", vbYesNo, "Confirm") = vbYes Then
Me.Undo

End If

End If

End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-keeping-a-comment-with-only-blank-spaces-from-creating-a-record-in-ms-access.939104/
Relevancy 53.75%

Developers created an application using C # and .Net.
It is being used in Windows XP, IE 6.0.

On one page, there are buttons called Approve and Reject. When the user clicks the buttons, a pop up window appears asking the user to enter a password.

This works fine on most people's machine.
But on one guy's laptop, the pop up box appears, but it doesn't load properly. (see attachment for 2 screenshots).

He tried logging into another user's machine and all worked well. So the problem seems to be a setting on his laptop. He just got a new laptop about 2 months ago, so it's not a memory problem.

Any ideas on why the pop up box doesn't load correctly on his laptop?

Thanks,

A:Solved: Password box not loading for one user

The problem was fixed by installing a MS Java hotfix.

Thanks anyway!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-password-box-not-loading-for-one-user.502864/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have windows XP Home SP3. I bought Buffalo AirStation WHR-HP-G54 wireless router. I tried to access the router on the browser using 192.168.11.1 and then ask for user name and password. the manual says that the username is "root" and leave the password blank I did that but I couldn't access the router.

I reset the router using the rest button. The router IP becomes 192.168.1.1, Now I try to acccess the router but the username and password still wrong.

the router is working and I can use the internet but I need to access the router to make my network secure because now it has no encryption.

How can I figure out the username and password?

Relevancy 53.75%

Okay....

2003 domain, and Exch 2003 for email.

We change passwords every 30 days ( policy)

So one of my users changed thier password and now can no longer access network resources. She cant open her email ether because we store the PST file in a mapped my documents folder.

SO when I try to open her my documents it wants me to athenticate. So I put her user name and password in, in the following format

domain\user
password

It just bounces me back to the logon box..

I have reset the password again I have power cycled her machine and rebooted all the DC's and the Exchange box.

I dont understand...

If I change the password and I am able to logon that mean I am using the correct credentials, cause I am not logging on with chached ones. I dont know maybe someone has had something like this before.

A:Solved: User password error

Issue seems to have resolved its self. Must have been an issue with AD replicating or something I dunno, will mark as solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-password-error.482112/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am trying to connect to my Server, but it is asking for a User Name and Password. This Server (and network) were set up a long time ago, and no one knows the user name or password. I have heard there is a way to go into a computer and figure it out. Can someone please help.

I am sending a picture of the box that I get. I have tried entering user names and passwords that were in use back when this was first set up, but they are not working. I also noticed that when I entered a user name, it would come back with the "name of my computer"/"User Name Entered".

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone,
I hope that you can help me.
My friend has forgotten his user password to log onto his XP system. His memory isn't very good and he just can't remember.
Is there any way to log onto this computer, as his wife runs a business and there is information in it she needs. Formatting it isn't an option at this time.

Thanking you in advance for all your help,
Nettie

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a new Win8 computer & was instructed to enter a password to access it. I want to remove that password. It is frustrating to have to enter a password every time I want to get on. Thanks in advance for any help.

Relevancy 53.75%

My desktop Windows 7 PC is sick. When it finishes booting the log in page is displayed but only one user name is displayed, and the password (that my wife had taped to the display) is declined. There is no "Guest Account" or "Administrator Account" option displayed.

So far as I can tell, the only solution is to treat it like a lost password and re-install Windows using the format option which I believe means losing all files including all data files. Someone please tell me this ain't so!

JO

A:[SOLVED] User Account Password?

If you can't remember the password then you are correct you'll need to reinstall Windows.

We can not assist with with the bypass of passwords. It is against the forum rules.

This thread will now be locked. If you do require help on the reinstall you may create a new thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-user-account-password-694540.html
Relevancy 53.75%

here is my system info OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Cannot password Solved: user change Antivirus System Shield Updated and Enabled The problem when I got to user account to change pw I am the only on on my pc when I go to change it the first thing happens is user account goes in to not responding then I get this message Unsupported Keyboard Layout Then it tells me on how Solved: Cannot change user password my pw will not work on preboot security which I don t have on then it tells me to view a list of keyboard layouts it goes to not responding right away never get keyboard lay out screen then I get password you typed does nt meet requirements I have know idea any info would help I know it late to noght I been on in the morning tks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey there folks! I had an issue with clearing fields and that was resolved but the resolution presented another problem. A problem which I have been unsuccessful in resolving on my own.

I have tried about 3 different methods using command buttons and the VBE but nothing is working.

I need 2 buttons: One to clear all form fields and one to clear all form fields then close the form.

I know how to make a button to close a form but I am unable to make it clear the fields prior to closing. I have also been unsuccessful in creating a button to simply clear the form fields.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jason

A:Solved: MS Access 2007: Creating a 'Clear All Form Fields' button that actually works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ms-access-2007-creating-a-clear-all-form-fields-button-that-actually-works.927241/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am Arun Kumar Kushwaha and I have discovered one Big Loophole Security Leak in Microsoft's Windows Operating System worldwide through which we can Access Delete Copy Replace Important Data without Cracking Resetting the Login Password in Windows OS and for this we not need any can windows want user locked login I is access (locked microsoft with password) to Admin/ know account we know OS rd party Software CD DVD Pen drive CMD Script or any other means of hacking Devices tool only through Windows OS we can Access anybodies Computer Around the world and user will never get to know that his her computer has accessed by someone else This is purely Microsoft's Negligence towards user's Around the world I want to know is microsoft know we can access locked windows OS (locked Admin/ user account with login password) U can assume how much serious is this Issue if anybody can steal confidential Important data of Company Govt data or any other Sensitive Personal data of anyone who are using windows OS I have Talked through telephone to MS India regarding this Issue and they told me that there is no loophole in their OS and can't be accessed by anyone without having Login Password or User need to Reset login Password with tool software available also i have mailed to MS Technical support Team and also asked about this issue on Windows worldwide official support forum but not get any meaning full response from them I am asking this message to here coz i want to Spread this issue around the world so every user can secure their Data and also MS can rectify this issue by releasing an OS Update Thanks for reading Your's Truly Arun Kumar Kushwaha

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a5bb2b05-44c4-40de-9de5-f98791edc8bf/i-want-to-know-is-microsoft-know-we-can-access-locked-windows-os-locked-admin-user-account-with?forum=mata
Relevancy 53.32%

I am trying to add in a User name and password to access my Linksys Router. I want to change it from just entering admin in the password section to my own user name and password. In the router settings I was able to change the password to something else, but unsure of where to add in a User name. Appreciate the help.

Relevancy 53.32%

Have Windows XP and had only one account name to log in. Can't remember password. I assume the only way I can get back in is either:
1. Reload windows and start over (unless disc allows me to jump to setting User up), or
2. I've heard there is other software one can use to reveal password or get around it?

pete

A:Solved: User account password forgotten

If you are the System administrator you can start another account Control Panel > User Accounts Otherwise --- ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-account-password-forgotten.317016/
Relevancy 53.32%

My PC has been having spontaneous shutdowns for about a year now They happen about once every two weeks Everytime it happens I just hit quot start normal quot after reboot But this time there is a new wrinkle The password I ve used for years isn Vista, Solved: by fix? Password I changed do how User t recognized anymore The password hint is not helpful I tried to follow the Solved: User Password changed by Vista, how do I fix? quot reset password quot route It wanted me to find it on drive quot F quot I have no drive quot F quot Is there anything I can do to find or reset the password I accessed my PC this time using Administrator which I had as an option from other techguy org answers for Solved: User Password changed by Vista, how do I fix? other problems But I want to go in under my normal user name What I see as Administrator is weird Several of the icons at the bottom of the screen are repeated-specifically McAfee and Windows And it took FOREVER after I Solved: User Password changed by Vista, how do I fix? clicked on Administrator to get a web page up And the webpage that came up was Google I have no idea why Please HELP nbsp

A:Solved: User Password changed by Vista, how do I fix?

I restored PC to earlier date (a few days back). Unfortunately it did not fix the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-password-changed-by-vista-how-do-i-fix.994810/
Relevancy 53.32%

This is another minor annoyance, related to my earlier post today. I attempted to resolve the "Unlock Computer" message in switching users by creating a password for myself in Control Panel/User Accounts. It did not work.
That is, it was not the password required to unlock the pc but now is required whenever I attempt to log on. There seems to be no option to re-set or entirely delete the password, which on my home pc is annoying and unnecessary. I suspect there is a way to do this?

Of course, that still leaves the "unlock computer" problem, but that is another issue.

Thanks,

A:Solved: How can I delete my user password in WinXP?

In the Control Panel under Users just enter blank passwords for you account and it will remove the password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-can-i-delete-my-user-password-in-winxp.507286/
Relevancy 53.32%

So I just acquired a new wireless router an ASUS RT-AC R and I installed everything and setup my user name and password to what I normally use for my routers and such Shortly after I set up some of the port forwarding for my roommates Apple TV and at the very end of the changes getting applied it pops up with quot The server requires a username and password The server says RT-AC R quot and asks for the User password name changed Solved: Router and/or user somehow Name and Password I type in the user name and password that I had set up the router with and it doesn Solved: Router user name and/or password somehow changed t work Port was one of the ports Solved: Router user name and/or password somehow changed that I opened for the Apple TV so I thought that maybe it had to be my roommates iTunes user name and password or Solved: Router user name and/or password somehow changed mine and neither work I have tried to do the firmware restoration through the Firmware Restoration Utility that comes with the router and I get about half way through every time and then it says quot Failed to upload the firmware Please check the connection between your computer and router quot Please someone let me know what it is I m doing wrong or what I can do to fix this problem it is driving me nuts UPDATE I was successfully able to restore the firmware via the utility given with the router however when I tried to run the Setup Wizard afterwards and get to the screen asking for the password I tried quot admin quot for both which is the default and it did not work I also tried the user name and password I setup the router with and those did not work either If there is a way I can reinstall everything with the router from scratch and set up a new user name and password that would be great nbsp

A:Solved: Router user name and/or password somehow changed

Apparently there's a button on the back to do a factory reset, looks like it's fixed... Still don't know how my user name and password was changed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-user-name-and-or-password-somehow-changed.1074278/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am using Windows XP Home Edition with SP2. When attempting to enter a password through the User Accounts in control panel something went wrong. Now when windows starts the password I thought I had entered does not work. Is there any way to get pass this program and eliminate the password. I am the only user on this computer.

A:Solved: Trouble with a User Account Password

Boot into Safe Mode and log in as administrator, (if you are asked for an admin password, try leaving it blank, as this is the default setting)
Once logged on as admin, you should be able to access the user accounts and change or remove the password.

To get into safe mode, keep tapping the F8 key early in the boot up process (Some keyboards may require you to turn on the F Lock feature first)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trouble-with-a-user-account-password.365080/
Relevancy 53.32%

My operating system is Windows XP, Home Edition. My problem is as follows: My daughter's user account is password protected and for some reason won't recognize the correct password. I have attempted, under her account and under the administrative account, to change the password and also delete it, but the attempted changes are ineffective. I tried making the changes under safe mode, but her account, for some reason, doesn't even appear when I go to User Accounts via the control panel. I considered just transferring her music and photos and setting up a new account. But, her photos are privacy protected so the account won't let me do that.

Relevancy 53.32%

I am the only person that uses my pc. If I remove my master password from firefox should there be any worry about someone getting my passwords. Or is a master password only needed when multiple people use the same physical pc?

A:[SOLVED] Do you need a master password for single pc user?

Even if you are the only user on your PC, it might be advised to use the Master Password feature for the best security. You can find info about using Master Password at the Mozilla Help Site

Generally, you want your passwords to be as secure as possible, so it might not be a good idea to store them in Firefox at all, since it may be possible for others hacking into your computer to easily find them. As an alternative, I recommend KeePass, which has much more advanced security for storing your passwords, and is easy to make entries that will auto-enter your login info to sites. Check it out at their site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-do-you-need-a-master-password-for-single-pc-user-391812.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I am a brand name asking password pop up 7 user security for Solved: Windows and new joinee of the Tech Guy website and really need some help from the experts out there The problem is as follows I attempt to connect to my wireless broadband connection but when i click connect a windows security pop up arrives stating that I need to provide a username and password for Network authentication I Solved: Windows 7 security pop up asking for user name and password dont have these nor do I believe that I have ever included these perviously This action has only recently appeared and I cannot bypass it Solved: Windows 7 security pop up asking for user name and password I have other computers linked to the same wifi connection and these are operating just fine the problem computer runs Windows and is the only one with Win So at least I know that it is not the internet connection itself Maybe not of any importance but this problem only occurred after the unit ran out of battery power and has not been able to access my broadband service since the subsequent recharge I have visited Win Network centre on the computer to attempt to establish the problem it recognises I have one and been through all the troubleshooting options but no resolution Any assistance would greatly appreciated Some info of the computer if useful Dell xps running Win Home of course Thanks Nigel nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 security pop up asking for user name and password

http://forums.techarena.in/technology-internet/1385145.htm

possibly nothing more than you are not running as administrator, you say its the only one with windows 7-this needs administrator for all sorts of actions

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-security-pop-up-asking-for-user-name-and-password.1032964/
Relevancy 52.46%

I locked my computer today and when the screen came up to log back on, an old user name was in first box. I typed in old password for the account and logged on. Tried again and found i can log on, with that password on both accounts. Even though one account is Non-existant...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-old-user-password-still-works-even-though-account-is-deleted.461872/
Relevancy 52.46%

Have a friend who bought a dell inspirion 1501 that he bought second hand. it runs window vista. problem is there is a user password set and noone knows what it is. the lady who he bought it from said she forgt what it was. Is there a way to bypass this besides doing a clean reformat? or opening it up to try and remove the cmos battery? ( someone told me that wouold work, want to save that as a last resort)

any help???

A:Solved: dell inspirion 1501 user password

Per TSG rules: Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.
My suggestion is to use the restore partition or Vista DVD and put it back like new. Other than that we can't offer assistance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-inspirion-1501-user-password.857706/
Relevancy 52.46%

i have been playing yahtzee at games.com for about a year and a half. i have a user name and password. since the site went down for about a week in october, i have not been able to get into the game lobbies with my user name and password, but i can play as a guest. can you tell me what changed. i really miss playing, nobody wants to play a guest!

A:[SOLVED] Can't Get Into Game Lobbies On Games.com With User Name And Password

Hello daisy, welcome to the site!

Try re-registering.

I don't know much about on-line games but I do know that some sites that go off-line for a while are upgrading thier software or putting in "new and improved servers" and such...you might have to choose a different user name and password...if yours was lost in the transfer...

BOL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-get-into-game-lobbies-on-games-com-with-user-name-and-password.103220/
Relevancy 52.46%

There are a number of sites that I use often that give you the option of saving your user name and/or password. Until yesterday it worked fine but now if I close and open firefox the user name and/or password is not remembered and I have to reenter.I can't think of any changes made and also under options I have Remember Passwords checked.

Relevancy 52.46%

I am a Vista Home Premium user It all started when I kept getting a User Name and Initials prompt upon opening any Office document WORD or EXCEL I troubleshooted Log-On Account Prompt Off Solved: User Password for in Can't and Turn the issue uninstalled and reinstalled Office and still the nagging prompt panel Upon Googling the issue I discovered that I was unable to open or change permissions in the registry User Info file in the registry Still researching this issue just today I am now when the UAC kicks in getting a prompt to Solved: Can't Turn Off Prompt for Password in User Account and Log-On enter my OS log-on password When I put in the password it doesn t take it and the prompt for password screen returns I believe that the registry has locked this feature and I am thus unable to get the password to register This is alarming Is this an indication of malware or virus I am presently running Trend Micro but have no idea how to proceed I went to try and turn off UAC but when I click to do this it prompts for my password doesn t take the password so I am not able to access this feature Any help would be greatly appreciated I am sorry if I am being unclear but basically I am getting the OS password now--when for example I right click on a program and go to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR the password prompt comes up nbsp

A:Solved: Can't Turn Off Prompt for Password in User Account and Log-On

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-turn-off-prompt-for-password-in-user-account-and-log-on.834831/
Relevancy 52.46%

as part of my job, I have to sign into certain sites using a user name and password. Normally, this is no problem. Today, when I enter the user name and password, the sine in page just resets and shows up as if I had not entered the user name or password at all. It makes me start over again.

When I attempt to sine in from another computer, using the exact same user name and password, it works just fine. I am really stumped. I can access other web sites from this computer, just not some of these sites that I have to user the user name and password.

Any ideas
Confused in Wisconsin

Relevancy 52.03%

I have installed a speech-to-text software application and during the initial setup it asks me if I want to participate in data collection to be sent Name/Password Cannot software get Windows installation past Solved: during User to the Solved: Cannot get past Windows User Name/Password during software installation company to improve the application etc When I click on either the Yes or the No I get prompted for my Windows User name and Password I enter the ones that appear on the Windows Welcome screen and work but an error message pops up saying that quot no mapping between account names and security ID s was done quot The application setup menu says that quot currently your Administrator me has not been configured to run data collectiuon at a scheduled time Press Configure to correct this issue quot but doing so only gets the user name pasword prompt again I have been into the User and Computer Management on Control Panel and ticked pretty well everything I can find to let me do whatever I like as an Admin but still no joy Searching through HELP advises that it is the Task Scheduler asking for these details I remember that on XP you could somehow disable Task Scheduler from working but can t seem to find it on Vista Home Premium So is there someway to get around this as I feel I am missing a step somewhere Thanks all nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot get past Windows User Name/Password during software installation

Found that the User name is really SYSTEM even though I have used my normal log in name - duh!

Anyhow all fixed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-get-past-windows-user-name-password-during-software-installation.751564/
Relevancy 51.6%

About to head out to have a look at a mates computer shes on 2000 and said she was doing online banking and the numbers for her password worked for a couple then nothing, it froze she shut down the computer and now when she starts up she cant even get past user log in screen.

If i start up in safe mode then run tests if it allows me ?? or what can i do if i cant get into it to check or run any tests, can you restore a computer from safe mode??

A:Solved: windows 2000 wont go past user password screen

Can you log on with another account like "administrator"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-2000-wont-go-past-user-password-screen.658702/
Relevancy 51.6%

Since my boss on a whim changed a password and User Changed Exchange ID and password. backupExec - Solved: server for Veritas won t let us use this account any longer we have been piecing together problems with services running under this old account I think we have alot back to normal but there is one problem I still Solved: Veritas backupExec for Exchange server - Changed User ID and password. see - The backup runs and backs up all the proper files on the drives themselves but when it gets to - Backup Server Microsoft Exchange Public Folders and Backup Server Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes It fails with - Error a c - Unable to attach to one of the drives This user has an Exchange mailbox I gave this user full read and write write permissions to Solved: Veritas backupExec for Exchange server - Changed User ID and password. the mailbox folder and the public folder the same rights the old user account the user has been given domain admin rights for the purpose of troubleshooting the resource credentials within BackupExec are all set to this account and finally all proper services are started and pointed ot this new account The backup is catching all the other non exchange parts of the backups e g files and shadow copy stuff What is the hook I am missing that made it so this new account won t back up these exchange portions nbsp

A:Solved: Veritas backupExec for Exchange server - Changed User ID and password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-veritas-backupexec-for-exchange-server-changed-user-id-and-password.496867/
Relevancy 51.17%

i got my new windows computer about i blooking access to new which and virus unknown creating cant files folders access days ago and just yesterday i notice the unknown virus blooking access to files and creating new folders which i cant access computer was acting strange but i ignored it since i didnt know much about this computer but today i went to my computer folder and i notices a new folder had been created in hard disk drive called local disk q i remmember i didnt creat it and that it wasnt there since i was there like five minutes ago when i was there to get my picture from my USB another reason is that i had been there alot since i was suprised that there was no C drive any ways i downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it proved my Suspicion or dout it found this here is the log Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version Windows Internet Explorer mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick scan Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges Hijack DisplayProperties - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected No malicious items detected i am very worried that the viruse is not gone because i still cant access that folder and am being told i dont have priveleg for something needed to acess or delete or formate this fill i downloaded microsft security essential and did a full scan and it found nothing i aksi downloaded SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition and i will post the result soon

A:unknown virus blooking access to files and creating new folders which i cant access

Yes post the SAS log and Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310372/unknown-virus-blooking-access-to-files-and-creating-new-folders-which-i-cant-access/
Relevancy 51.17%

For security reasons Microsoft does not allow parents computer administrators to check on maintain adjust or otherwise enter their kids limited users XP profiles without either resetting their passwords or waiting for them to come home and being confrontational about it Ideally I would like to be able to log on to a limited user account from my administrator account without tampering with anyone s passwords-resetting them or Bypass or or Screensaver W/out Password Adjust User Find XP User Reset Limited otherwise Actually I have little interest in the step kids personal life and stuff Alternately perhaps you may help me with my ultimate goal limiting screensaver activity My Find or Bypass XP Limited User Password W/out Reset or Adjust User Screensaver arrogant and belligerant teenage stepson likes to customize the family room to his tastes rather that leave it to the generic unbiased interest of the family in general Latest he has designed his quot my pictures quot screensaver somehow to override cmos settings to illustrate various pictures of himself for unlimited time rather than allow cmos or windows to shut off the monitor after periods of inactivity Typically he would prefer to be confrontational about it fight and argue over the issue stressing out his depressed mom in the process I do not want to fight-I just want my monitor to go off after a while of non-use and not be kept on by XP Sorry about all the disfunctional family issues I had to mention for background It is hard dealing with Find or Bypass XP Limited User Password W/out Reset or Adjust User Screensaver an aggressive controlling kid Obviously most of the time the computer is left on his profile but I quot am not allowed quot to adjust the power settings when it is for some reason from his profile nbsp

A:Find or Bypass XP Limited User Password W/out Reset or Adjust User Screensaver

looks like you have no choice in resetting passwords, who's house is it anyway???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/find-or-bypass-xp-limited-user-password-w-out-reset-or-adjust-user-screensaver.428368/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi In A domain environment when wifi user a reseting connect cannot user directory from password to Active after i rest a user password from active directory users and user cannot connect to wifi after reseting a user password from Active directory computers he is unable to login to Windows with new password He is configured to login through wifi And we are using single sign on in the wifi settings This issue is only affecting few users connection to company wifi network is authenticated through x so we manualy create a wifi profile for x At the dual login screen the new credentials we are using active directory credentials for wifi since it's x are entered First it user cannot connect to wifi after reseting a user password from Active directory spits an error that unable to connect to wifi Then windows spits an error of invalid user name or password If we enter the old credentials at login in both wifi access and windows access we are able to login to Windows it logs in with Cached credentials but I it obviously is unable to connect to wifi network The user is a member of wifi group so he has access to wifi and he can access wifi through his iPhone Also another observation is that if I login with his Cached credentials and configure a wifi profile connection using his new reseted password password windows spits an error that cannot connect to the network So the core issue is that after reseting his password from active directory users and computers he cannot connect to wifi through windows The workaround that currently I do is i login with his Cached credentials to Windows and then i use my own credentials to configure wifi connection and ask him to login to Windows using his Cached credentials while he will be using my credentials for wifi access And for other systems that will be using credentials like email he uses new credentials Pretty crude solution Any way how to figure out what could go wrong Besides i have tried configuring a wifi connection profile on another users laptop using the affected user credentials I got same error that windows cannot connect you to wifi So the real issue is that after resetting the password of the user from aduc he cannot connect to wifi Any clue idea Windows is latest and updated We are using Microsoft forefront endpoint protection

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-cannot-connect-to-wifi-after-reseting-a-user-password-from-active-directory-769826.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all We are having a real issue with local profiles user profile service on our domain Our staff accounts are using local profiles When a staff member changes their password something is happening to their profiles on the machines that their local profile is stored When they try to login the machine is getting stuck at quot Please wait for the user profile service quot It never continues we have left for mins or more and profiles, hanging issue service Big profile and user user's changing :( password local with it doesn't continue We are currently having to use delprof to remove their profiles from ALL machines they have previously logged into which is a lot of hassle nbsp We first noticed this issue when we upgraded our workstations from windows to windows nbsp I was hoping that upgrading to windows would fix the issue but sadly it doesn't This is causing us major hassle on our domain It only affects people with Big issue with user's local profiles, changing password and hanging user profile service :( local profiles our students use mandatory profiles and they are not affected Our DCs are R nbsp I have trawled google but cannot find any information on this At our yearly microsoft meeting i asked our regional account manager and he couldn't believe the issue He had never heard anything like this before From the event log the only thing i can see is that it is not finishing the load of the user profile nbsp Under user profile service events it shows this Event Recieved user logon notification on session Event Registry file C Users USERNAME ntuser dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Event Logon type Regular nbsp Local profile location C Users USERNAME nbsp Profile type Regular Event Registry file C Users USERNAME AppData Local Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Classes Event This is where it get stucks But then it does not show the final step Event should be Finished processing user logon notification on session No other events are logged We hadn't changed any GPOs before the upgrade to windows Any help would be greatly welcome

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1bc82ef5-71cf-438e-b223-d7aa88ea8de4/big-issue-with-users-local-profiles-changing-password-and-hanging-user-profile-service-?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%

dont know user account control password AND no administrator user so i cant download/install anything, cant update, and i cant change any settings someone please help PLUS i just got this computer iv read some other entrys where people had the same problem as me they said to do a system reboot in safemode but i dont know how. can someone help me? thank you

A:dont know user account control password and no administrator user

after the bios loads but before windows start to load hit f8 and you get your windows boot options.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232566-dont-know-user-account-control-password-no-administrator-user.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My grandmother was recently hacked and she changed all her passwords herself (yay!). However she did not write down her new local user account password for her laptop.

I tried downloading OPHCrack, I burned it as an ISO file and put it on a DVD-R(only thing I had on hand) and i changed the boot order on her BIOS menu to had the DVD drive as the first priority. It does not run....I hear the disk drive moving, or spinning but the program does not run. Are there any other options or do I have to do a complete system restore to bypass this? Also if that is what I have to do how do I do that without being in her control panel?

A:Old Problem New User- Forgot Local User Account Password

Hello there "hater",are you sure you downloaded the right OPHcrack version?It should be the one that is intended to be used on,not the one being used to download and be burned on.Try imgburn,never failed me to create bootable CDs or DVDs.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40661-old-problem-new-user-forgot-local-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 50.74%

We have a remote user using windows pro bit and nbsp cisco vpn on his laptop The remote user is prompted to change his password while he is old the while vpn the but remote with still the laptop domain password password user cached is changed connected to the domain during the vpn session nbsp He follows the prompts to the change the password When he performs the following Ctlr Alt Del selects lock and now tries to unlocks the laptop with the new password he nbsp receives nbsp the message of nbsp The trust relationship nbsp between remote user changed the domain password while vpn but the laptop is still cached with the old password this workstation and the primary domain failed In order to get into the laptop nbsp nbsp the remote user restarts the laptop and uses the old password with his domain username remote user changed the domain password while vpn but the laptop is still cached with the old password Even though he is vpn into the network nbsp nbsp the remote user nbsp is unable to gain access to any network resources since domain password was changed VPN password and domain password are different nbsp The Cisco VPN username password account is keep on the ASA nbsp The domain username password is keep on a Microsoft server nbsp Does anybody know how to nbsp get the changed domain password onto the laptop while VPN Thank YOU

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/577e2c22-0a6a-4a96-a732-2d090e0b2725/remote-user-changed-the-domain-password-while-vpn-but-the-laptop-is-still-cached-with-the-old?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all,
I'm rather new to this site and didn't see my answer anywhere so I decided to post a n00b question. I've always had this problem and never have figured it out.
When creating admin users, how can I make it so when User A (admin account) makes changes to their account, it doesn't make the same changes to User B (also admin account) and vice versa. Its the most aggrevating thing when I login and all sorts of icons are now on my desktop because the other user made changes.
Thanks!

A:Creating User

Hello MSFT, and welcome to Sevenforums.
What I understand of your post, is that some changes made by other admin user are bothering you. When a user can make changes in the system, it will affect you as well as himself and others. But focus on the specific topic you mencioned about the icons, when an user installs a program and selects the options of create a shortcut and/or add a shortcut to the start menu, the installer will do that to all the users (there are very few programs that let us to select just our user account). The most you can do to prevent it, is to advice the other user not to select the option of create a shortcut when running a program installation process. The shortcut could be then manually created by the user when installation finished, so it will only appear in his account.
Conclusion: talk to the other people that are using the PC about this or just take it easy and delete the shortcuts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/112208-creating-user.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have been using forever, a spreadsheet that pulls data from a database. All of the sudden, it is asking me for a password to access the database. Any idea why this would have happened?

Michael

Relevancy 50.74%

Okay, basic question now....I have got Microsoft Office installed under my user name on the home PC, but want my daughter to be able to access it and use it under her user name as well...how do I go about doing this. I am running Windows Home XP.

A:Solved: User access for office

you should be able to access it through program files on your daughters account. check your program file list, if not search for it through all files and folders while in her account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-access-for-office.752193/
Relevancy 50.74%

A friend of mine asked me to look at her laptop. She's unable to access her files. I'm able to expand the folders for the other two users defined on her machine, but, her folder doesn't show expandable. Plus, when I click on her folder name I get an access denied error message.

She said that before this happened, she was getting a lot of popups and such, thinking maybe she has been infected.

I've scanned the computer with McAfee, nothing was found.

I appreciate any help I can get.
Sig

A:Solved: Can't access user's folder in XP

Try taking ownership of the files as administator. See if you can expand them then.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-access-users-folder-in-xp.696645/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've seen some public computers. They don't have anything on the desktop. Start menu has got only a couple of items. (A good example is computers in libraries.)

May I know how can I do that?

Peace:
Kyptonova Z.

A:[SOLVED] User Access Restriction

Hi there and welcome to TSF.
Go to the control panel and select User Accounts. Turn the Guest account on and set a password for the main account. Then press Start, logoff and switch user. Select Guest. Guest users have a minimal setup and cannot access password-protected files or admin files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-user-access-restriction-188175.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all. I am using XP home and have my account only on it. I wanted to create a new account for my spouse and was able to successfully create the account, and if preferred, use a password.

However when i try to log in to the new account, the desktop wallpaper momentarily flashes in a fraction of a second and brings me back to the login. Second, third, forth and any more attempts to login have the same result.

Any ideas on what might be creating this issue an how to resolve it?
Much appreciated.

A:[SOLVED] Cannot access new user account

Try removing the account rebooting, now click start>run now type controluserpasswords2
before creating the username check and see if users must enter a username and password is checked, if so be sure to create a password for the account. on add then create the new username and follow the prompts.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cannot-access-new-user-account-398814.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I just slaved a hard drive from a broken laptop to retrieve data from
the user profile in windows xp...

but she obviously had a password and now when i access it it says
access denied...

i remember somebody telling me you had to use a linux distro to get around windows security...but i heard somebody saying there was an easier way

any help appreciated

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys, I recently got a new pc, and I want to transfer my files from my old hard drive to the new one. I managed to transfer most of my stuff except for one of my folders. This folder is a user folder (an admin) from the old hard drive, but whenever I try to access it, it tells me Access is denied. Is there any way to get my files from this folder?

Thanks,
Andrew

A:[SOLVED] Can't access user folder

Hi and welcome to TSF

It seems to me that you have a permissions problem. Is there any way you can access the old drive? Can you put the drive in the computer and boot up from it to Windows? You will have to change the permissions in that Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cant-access-user-folder-177026.html
Relevancy 50.74%

hi im just wondering if anyone could help me fix this little problem i have.
whats occuring is that i wish to create a new profile with for my younger siblings so that they cant install programs (if thats possible) andsomething to stop them accessing "adult sights"
but thats where my delima starts when i try do go into the user account thing in control panel it comes up with a message saying "wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment any ideas as to whats going on here???
does anyone know what this means and if so how can i fix this???????

paul

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a HP 17-f020us 17.3-Inch Touchscreen Laptop with window 8. I dont what to have to remove the battery to do this. Way to much for me to try to do. I would like to know how to do it through the Bios.
Thank you,
Rhonda

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello

:angel: please help me from creating any password on my USB in order not to protect from misuse of other by not using any software... i would like to create my password to enter to my USB but i dont know how!

Thanks for your reply!!:knock:

A:Need help creating usb password.

No, you cannot do it without any extra software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-creating-usb-password.70369/
Relevancy 50.31%

First time poster but I think I've done my homework on this issue This issue has similar symptoms to a problem with vista http www vistax com tutorials -user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded htmlHowever it is longer data at any User Service creating log Profile username failed service other on: Apparently than profile W7 picture. and is no W7: user definitely not the same issue see further Current Config HP dv - W RC x Last update up to date as of installed succesfully and should be unrelated to this issue not verified yet by a pre-update W7: User Profile Service service failed at log on: Apparently W7 is no longer creating any user profile data other than username and picture. restore Running with Admin account while diagnosing troubleshooting Currently have two working accounts one standard one admin Symptom New user accounts cannot be logged into On an attempted login to the new account the following information is displayed on the login screen quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot Windows then logs off the operator and returns to the initial user selection screen All other aspects of use are normal Current Diagnostics First attempts to resolve this problem were to recreate the new account This was attempted when logged in as both Standard and Admin This was also attempted under safe mode This has been attempted with virus protection disabled All to no difference in the symptom The similarity to the Vista issue linked above caused me to check the registry entry under HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList for the new profile as suggested by that link Unlike that issue there simply is no entry for the new user Examination of the new log entries from creation of account to attempted log in provides the following entries Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Information PM Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon None The winlogon notification subscriber lt SessionEnv gt was unavailable to handle a notification event Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon None The winlogon notification subscriber lt Profiles gt failed a notification event Information PM Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon None The winlogon notification subscriber lt SessionEnv gt was unavailable to handle a notification event Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon None The winlogon notification subscriber lt Sens gt failed a notification event Error PM Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service None quot Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded Check that you are connected to the network and that your network is functioning correctly DETAIL - Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed quot Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles General None quot Windows cannot copy file C Users Default AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live SqmApi SqmData sqm to location C Users TEMP AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live SqmApi SqmData sqm This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights DETAIL - Access is denied quot Error PM Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service None Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles General None quot Windows cannot copy file C Users Default AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live SqmApi SqmData sqm to location C Users New Username AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live SqmApi SqmData sqm This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights DETAIL - Access is denied quot Naturally I started with the earliest error first and decided to look to see what is going on The file that is trying to be copied is there but the destination folder does not exist As near as I can tell whatever process the User Profiles General Service is trying to perform the copy does not have sufficient access to perform the operatio... Read more

A:W7: User Profile Service service failed at log on: Apparently W7 is no longer creating any user profile data other than username and picture.

It could be this version  error "User profile service..." http://www.brooks-bilson.com/blogs/rob/index.cfm/2009/1/5/Fix-for-Vistas-The-User-Profile-Service-service-failed-the-logon-User-profile-cannot-be-loaded
Great find Flav!While I didn't resolve or have the exact issue 'Brooks-bilson's had, one of the comments on this blog entry (http://www.brooks-bilson.com/blogs/rob/index.cfm/2009/1/5/Fix-for-Vistas-The-User-Profile-Service-service-failed-the-logon-User-profile-cannot-be-loaded#c42AB7AE6-0B26-9AF4-6DB3C7B226C688B4) did have a comment that worked.First I renamed the file "\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\SqmApi\SqmData720896_00.sqm" to \Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\SqmApi\SqmData720896_00.sqm.bakInterestingly, this failed (bolded to help skimming folks).  However, actually moving the file out of the directory (effectively deleting it) did work.  This file was definately related to the problem, but exactly why W7 wasn't able to copy this (such as insufficient permissions or too long name error) is still unresolved.A little bit of information about the process Vista (and presumedly W7) goes through is well laid out in the referenced blog, and I recommend it for education.Unless it pops up again, I'm considering this issue closed and won't be monitoring it.  I hope everyone dealing with this W7 issue finds this helpful.Thanks again, Flav, for the find.D

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb56130c-40f6-4bd8-a833-0a1b0891e5af/w7-user-profile-service-service-failed-at-log-on-apparently-w7-is-no-longer-creating-any-user?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, after creating a new user profile, it doesn't appear in C:\users, however I can see the old ones. Do I have to do anything after creating the user to the it in that folder?

A:Problem creating new user

Hello Paula, and welcome to Vista Forums.

The profile of a user account is not created until the first time you log on to the new user account. Afterwards, it's "C:\Users\(user-name)" profile folder is created.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303114-problem-creating-new-user.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello!!!!

I need help! I am trying to make a new user in order to fix a corrupted User Profile.

I have gotten all the way up to creating the account, but when I go into documents and settings, it will only show me the admin account and the corrupted account...Why will it not show the New User account I have created?

I went into the folder options and cleared the hiding folders options and all that but it still does not show up.

Can anybody help me with this?

A:Creating user accounts

You'll have to go to the desktop for the account first.
The new user account will not show up in Documents and Settings until you log on using the newly created account.
After you do that, the you'll be able to see it in Docs and Settings from admin or any other user account.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268078/creating-user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone,

For the past 2 years or so, I've been using my laptop alone with just 1 user account ie my personal account.

Now my dad has asked me to create an account for him on my laptop as well. Here are some questions which I hope are answered here.

1. Can two accounts on the same PC have administrator privileges?
2. How do I prevent my dad from viewing my personal files (docs, excel sheets, text files, etc.)
3. I have Google Chrome as my default browser and have all my passwords saved. Whenever I go to a website like SevenForums, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo!, Google, etc., I am logged in. I don't wish to change these settings as I am pretty used to them now. Will my dad be able to access my accounts as well unless I don't remove my passwords from Chrome?

If someone can clear these 3 doubts for me, I'll be really grateful to them.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

A:Creating & managing a new user

Hello there. First you should look in User Accounts part from Tutorials.
1.Yes
2.Don't know,sorry.
3.No( I think,because it's a different user)

How to Create, Delete and Modify User Accounts in Windows 7
How to Change a User Account Type in Windows 7

I think that this will help you.
StalkeR

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/169945-creating-managing-new-user.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I notice that on Windows the Administrator has SeSecurityPrivilege I see this by starting a CMD prompt with Run As Administrator and typing Code whoami all with user Creating SeSecurityPrivilege I want to give another user bkupuser the SeSecurityPrivilege First I added the user in the Backup Operators group using Code lusrmgr msc However when I started Creating user with SeSecurityPrivilege a Creating user with SeSecurityPrivilege CMD prompt as the user and did Code whoami all I could see the privilege was not granted to the user I tried Code gpupdate force but that did not work either I then started Group Policy Editor Code gpedit msc this looked like what I wanted It allowed me to add any number of special privileges to any user and I did add SeSecurityPrivilege to the bkupuser - However when I started a CMD prompt as the user and did Code whoami all I could see the privilege was not granted to the user I tried Code gpupdate force but still no joy I rebooted still no good I tried using another program rsop msc but that was no good either This is a very serious problem as I do not wish to give out the Administrator user account It should be possible to create a regular user account and assign the appropriate privileges

A:Creating user with SeSecurityPrivilege

just want to add to this....

I have a support team and want them to do most admin things, but not want to give them the administrator password, but the administrators group on windows 7, doesn?t seem to be really full administrator like on windows 2003.

I want to add the Se_Security_Privilege so these users can alter ACLs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/27039-creating-user-sesecurityprivilege.html