Windows Support Forum

Closing a document in Word without Closing the Program

Q: Closing a document in Word without Closing the Program

I am using Windows XP Professional Version 2002. When I close an open document in Word, it closes the whole program. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Closing a document in Word without Closing the Program

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 106.64%

A friend is having this problem at her work that just started recently.

She needs to have multiple Word documents open at a time and when she closes one, either via the shortcut icon or via File - close (not close all), it will close the entire group of Word documents.

I'm not sure what version of Word she has but I think it's 2000.

Any ideas? I can't check for malware because it's a large business and they have an IT department but they are stumped by this as well.

Relevancy 104.49%

How do I edit the macros of a document if the macro that closes the program is executing right when the document opens? It doesn't allow me enough time to go to View --> View Macros to delete or edit the auto-exec macro.

A:Solved: Word 2007 auto-exec macro closing document

If you open a brand new document without any macros attached you should be able to change the application security level to high so that no macros will run which will then allow you to open the document with the code attached to edit it.

Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-2007-auto-exec-macro-closing-document.1063707/
Relevancy 86.86%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Firefox Closing Ie7 Winfixer Ads And Non Startup Etc Stop Slow And Closing MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes F windows System Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc smss exeF windows system winlogon exeF windows system services exeF windows system lsass exeF windows system svchost exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeF windows Explorer EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeF windows Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc system spoolsv exeF Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEF windows system nvsvc exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEF windows system ctfmon exeC MiRCfullPro mirc exeF Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeF Program Files iTunes iTunes exeF Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeF Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeF Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeF DOCUME Ahmed LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - f program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ccApp quot F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Startup Norton Disk Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NDD EXEO - Startup Shortcut to NMain lnk F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exeO - Global Startup Norton GoBack lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeO - Global Startup Norton System Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar para o Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Trusted Zone http loginnet passport comO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - F windows system WPDShServiceObj dllO - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - F Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeO - Service Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - F Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeO - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - F Program Fil... Read more

A:Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc

well my problem started 2 nights ago when i was browsin the web then i gotten a popup from winantivirus PRO 2006 aking to install and stuff since then my internet explorer has had problems from closing BSOD's winlogon.exe crashing most stuff will not close such as ctfmon.exe in task man and IE7 closes everytime a popup happens abnd the same pop up comes up non stop closing IE7 fyi this is my dads pc and he will murder me i i dont get this fixed ive used 2 anti viruse scanners Kaspersky and norton both cant find the problem norton finds a downloader virus and a .cab file of the installer for winantivirus and .tmp files in the windows/temp folder
so please help me fix this
ty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65736/winfixer-ads-non-stop-ie7-closing-and-firefox-closing-slow-startup-and-etc/
Relevancy 86.86%

Since a few weeks ago after I installed Windows 7 x64 I keep on getting random BSOD but not frequently (number of 3). First one I really didnt paid attention how it happen but the second one was after exiting a game of Counter Strike Global Offensive and entering teamspeak to talk after a few seconds BSOD. The last one i got i searched on the web how to find the error and i manage to get the file and the error state.

The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffff900c5844cf0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff9600031c69d, 0x0000000000000000).

A:BSOD at random times when closing pc or closing browser/applications

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347362-bsod-random-times-when-closing-pc-closing-browser-applications.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello everyone I'm having the issue noted above BSODs attribute the crash to either one of two files cdd dll most commonly and win k sys only once Screen turns jagged goes black and then BSOD but only when closing of Warcraft, World Chrome BSOD resizing/closing also when occasionally I've had this crashes happen to me only times in a whole week already World of BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome Warcraft crashes were all succesive BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome but after updating Catalyst drivers it never happened again PC was crash-free for or days thought it may have solved the issue and I could stop worrying about faulty hardware components but yesterday night closing Chrome it happened again I turned off Aero desktop after that just in case The problem is I can't find any Memory dump or minidump for those BSODs even though settings are on for that maybe MEMORY DMP is too large I have free Gb out of on my boot drive I changed it to minidumps just in case Oh also it was already set to overwrite so no idea what's going on Could not find them manually nor could SF Diagnostics tools which I just ran My rig is new only about months old and no hardware changes since The only components coming from my older PC are the boot HDD and graphics card The only thing that's happened is or power outages in December but BSODs started only last week If any hardware components are malfunctioning they are luckily under warranty but I need to determine if that's the case Only other strange thing is that when gathering my rig's data for this post Everest shows my Motherboard as quot Unknown quot I'll double check I installed all drivers Thanks in advance btw great tool that SF Diagnostics I'm no computer wizard but it's quite useful even for an amateur like me

A:BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome

Hi Haxiel.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320966-bsod-when-resizing-closing-world-warcraft-also-when-closing-chrome.html
Relevancy 86%

Hello And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum My name is Elise and I ll be glad to help you with your computer problems I will be working on your malware issues this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine Please note that whatever repairs we make are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer The cleaning process is not instant Logs can take some time to research so please be patient with me I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible and I will work hard to help see that happen Please reply using the Add Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen Do not start a new topic The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post Unfortunately if I do not hear back Outlook browser, closing, IE Yahoo Slow and closing from you within days I will be forced to close your topic If you still need help after I have closed your topic send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing feel free to create a new one You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites Alternatively you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing this Topic where you can choose email notifications The topics you are tracking are shown here -----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having we would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine If you have not done so include a clear description of the problems you re having along with any steps you may have performed so far If you have already posted a log please do so again as your situation may have changed Use the Add Reply and add the new log to this thread We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine Please perform the following scan Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links Save it to your desktop DDS scrDDS pifDouble click on the DDS icon allow it to run A small box will open with an explaination about the tool No input is needed the scan is running Notepad will open with the results Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results Close the program window and delete the program from your desktop Please note You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run After downloading the tool disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection Run the scan enable your A V and reconnect to the internet Information on A V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log don t forget attach txt Thanks and again sorry for the delay

A:Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing

Hi Elise,
thank you. I ended up getting rid of PC Tools Internet Security and switching to AVG Basic Free. I think most of the major problems went away.
Yahoo has stayed up, Outlook has stayed up, browser seems to work quickly, facebook didn't have floating text and pictures anymore, was able to do some posting, sent some large emails. But, and not exactly sure, IE has frozen up, but not as often. The dds program you had me run this morning froze and I had to do a hard shut off, task mgr didn't respond and the weirdest thing of all, the clock stopped. Can't say I have ever seen that. So I am not sure what exactly is going on, if it really is malware or some setting is messed up. I wasn't able to run video on a site last night. Major improvement since I got rid of PC tools, but not quite right. Sorry, nontechie.

DDS (Ver_2011-06-12.02) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7601.17514 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_26
Run by Jean at 11:53:53 on 2011-06-23
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.3062.2037 [GMT -6:00]
AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgchsvx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgrsx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4Qlb.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kodak\AiO\Center\ekdiscovery.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.3.21.57\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPCapSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\Syn... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403841/slow-browser-ie-closing-outlook-and-yahoo-closing/
Relevancy 85.57%

O K I'm looking for a opening and MS upon line adds closing Works document one job I open MS Works and I write my re'sume a few pages long Because many people cannot open a MS Works document doc x I save it as a MS Word file DOC as I close it When I re-open the thing all the text has been moved down one line and the final line of each page if it was the last line at the bottom of the previous page has rolled-over to the next page If I save it again as a DOC and re-open it it will move the text down one more line If I do that all again 'Save As' - re-open it moves everything down one more line and keeps rolling over the last line to the next page This is maddening as I try to format my re'sum'e I've taken to using Wordpad because it does not mess with the formating Does anybody have any idea why that happens

A:MS Works adds one line upon opening and closing document

There may be problem with your default template.. Try resetting the template...

Go to C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates and delete the normal.dotm restart your computer have a try

http://www.vistax64.com/software/242173-ms-works-adds-one-line-upon-opening-closing-document.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all I'm desperately looking for some help with regards to a Windows Explorer problem As in Windows files any open down closing in I whenever Document My Explorer the title Windows Explorer closes down all the time when opening pictures music or anything in My Docs I have restored to factory settings from the partition on the HDD and fully updated The recovery failed twice and updates failed twice and seemed to take hours too but finally I got there Then came the moment of truth opened My Pictures and bang closed again The first time it failed recovery it gave an error message about certain programs applications couldn't be Windows Explorer closing down whenever I open any files in My Document placed into memory as there is a I O failure or error I should of written it down in hindsight It was all a painfully slow procedure that took all day yesterday and some of this morning too The only thing I can think of is that maybe the HHD is starting to fail or maybe RAM issues although it is seeing the RAM that is installed Gb I would really appreciate some help here thanks for reading Martin

A:Windows Explorer closing down whenever I open any files in My Document

Hi all,

I thought I would follow up with my findings and solution to my Windows Explorer nightmare as I am quite pleased with myself for persevering and fixing it. It was right under my nose all along but it was just knowing how to go about it.

Basically, "Event Viewer" gave me all the information I needed. In the event tree I clicked on "Windows" then "Applications" which gave a list of apps with either a blue info icon to the left of the information, an exclamation mark in red for error or a yellow exclamation mark for warning. There were plenty of red error icons which I hoped would be logs of Windows Explorer closing down, and sure enough they were. On following the "Failing Application Path" c:\program files\ASUSWSShellExt64.dll I found the highlighted shell extension, Which is basically Asus Web Storage. I promptly uninstalled the program and have had no crashes whatsoever, yee haaaaa!

Hope this helps someone else someday as it almost blew my brains out

Martin.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/366552-windows-explorer-closing-down-whenever-i-open-any-files-my-document.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

A:BSOD while closing the PC or closing some games, CDD.dll error

Quote: Originally Posted by leinchetzu

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

Obvious to anyone. You have three malware apps running live at the same time. You have Avast, Kaspersky, and AVG.

You need to remove them all and install Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST.

If you continue to crash even after removing them upload the DMP file as you have old drivers that need updating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200675-bsod-while-closing-pc-closing-some-games-cdd-dll-error.html
Relevancy 84.28%

About weeks ago it was apparent that laptop was infected with antispyware XP My husband tried to solve it himself without waiting for me I m the problem solver in the house Anyway he purchased Shield Dekuxe which didn t seem to work He downloaded the trial version of StopZilla which found bad things and quarentined them Things were working fine Today things are not working again I can open IE and it will bring up virus, search IE closing, window closing Possible the home page google com but anything typed Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing in the search box or clicked on from the drop down list of frequently visited sites just closes IE I also cannot search The window will open but clicking on anything files folders documents etc immediately closes the window I also cannot find Windows Explorer Shield Deluxe is currently installed StopZilla is uninstalled We have Zone Alarm installed possibly I was doing online chat with Shield Deluxe to get it to work the internet aspect and they said to uninstall ZA as it would interfere with SD I removed ZA using add remove programs from the control panel yet when I restarted the computer ZA started up It is no longer listed in the add remove programs list However viewing All Programs from the start menu shows a folder for Zone Labs Since I can t find Windows Explorer and I can t search I can t find the folder to delete its contents Laptop is a Compaq Presario running Windows XP and currently cannot use the internet due to the above problem I am using laptop for the internet connection to solve these problems Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

A:Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing

Here is my Hijack This log from yesterday:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:53:11 PM, on 11/15/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
F:\Anti Virus\HJTInstall.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = ;127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - rsion - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AllDial High Speed - {8B79EE88-E62D-4AA8-B530-CC357BA112B7} - C:\Program Files\AllDial High Speed\Toolband.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [brastk] C:\WINDOWS\system32\brastk.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\prog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-virus-ie-closing-search-window-closing.769451/
Relevancy 81.7%

Word opens in Vista, picks up files and mouse, but it does not close until asked to after two error messages. Suggestions please

A:ms Word not closing

Originally Posted by ian

Word opens in Vista, picks up files and mouse, but it does not close until asked to after two error messages. Suggestions please

need more info.

try the attached file to see what is running and kill the word program.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/218231-ms-word-not-closing.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have MS Access 2003 installed, have created a Macro to open a word document which has mail merge previously formatted on it to insert "Dear [field]". Prior to that a form opens to give instructions on what to do when the word document opens, that in turn opens the word document once the user clicks on the close button. My problem is that everything works but how do I get the word document (which is a template) to close once the user has finished with it and then it opens a new document for the user to print off the letters. Hope that is not too confusing. Grateful if someone can steer me in the right direction, I am no good at all with VBA by the way!
Macro - 1. Open form then 2. Open App (Word Document)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-ms-word-from-a-macro.1026117/
Relevancy 80.84%

Running XP. I will have a document in word open and then i leave my desk for as while. I come back and it is completely closed out. Gone. The whole program. It has happened twice this week, seems strange.

I don't have malware problems and no other app is doing this.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-closing-spontaneously.370320/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a new computer that is running Win 7 and it is causing me to have fits! I keep getting this message: I. E. has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Sometimes it closes the program and sometimes it doesn't. But it is very annoying. I have been told to change from 64 bits to 32 but the person who told me this forgot to tell me how to do it. If anyone had any idea of how to solve this problem I sure will be grateful!

TIA!!!

A:Program closing

Open IE, go to Tools>Internet options, go to the advanced tab and hit the reset button. After the browser reset is done, close IE and reopen IE and do the following

Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab, Tick "Empty Temp Internet Files Folder When Browser Is Closed" Hit OK.

Close IE, open IE and start using.

See if it stops crashing now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-closing.906002/
Relevancy 80.84%

my computer recently recovered from a BSOD which i believe was from a bad stick of memory. ever since then random programs have been crashing, strictly dvd applications. Nero and DVD Shrink crash whenever opened and give no error report. i am using the latest version of both of these, and there is no virus or spyware on my computer, using mcafee enterprise and ad aware pro.

i dont have any error reports to show so hopefully that is enough description!

A:Program Closing

Did you run a Disk check after the crash?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/program-closing.54024/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello,
I have a program(game)0 that i have been using for a long long time. And in the last few days sometimes i open it and it dont open, the hourglass on the mouse cursor just appears. I try to shut it down in the task manager in the proccesses tab but the program name just all around the place ( sometimes it's at the bottom of the list, then top, then middle. etc..) when i try to end it says
The operation could not be completed.
The operation is not valid for this process.

What is going on ?

A:Closing a program...

Try un-installing and then re-installing the game.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-a-program.377479/
Relevancy 80.84%

So I will try to give as much information as I can but I have no clue if this issue is really related to a virus So the problem is just recently after each time that I start my computer after approximately minutes every program that is closing Program in Program closing the tool bar The bar where the clock and the volume thingy are are closing Also I was using Avast antivirus and it has apparently expired although they didn't give any notice Also the database was apparently still updating during the third day after the issue started they asked if I wanted to upgrade my antivirus or try it for free Now I did several scans and did found viruses but I put them in the quot quarantaine quot I got the french version so don't know how it's called in english sorry and the issue still exist I would appreciate your help in the matter Thank you very much for your time

A:Program closing

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/program-closing-492913.html
Relevancy 80.84%

i am trying to run a program called ventrillo that i use for playing a mmo game. It has worked in the past with no problems. now when i open this program and get: a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you when a solution is avail. this has also happened with yahoo and msn messenger in the past... how can i fix it

thanks

dave

Relevancy 80.84%

hello for some reason the game World of Warcraft isn't working right now for me. Whenever i open the launcher it starts to download the new patch but once it gets to 10 or 11% it freezes then closes. Can anyone help me stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-closing.850042/
Relevancy 79.98%

I'm using MS Word 2003 and it does not prompt me to save when closing.
I have seached Microsoft but can't find the answer.
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 79.98%

When I click on the "X" in the top right hand corner to exit Ms Word 2000, I get a "MS WORD 2000" Not responding, and do I want to send or not send to microsoft. This doesn't happen when I click on "file" then "exit", it works ok. All my other MS Software programs work ok, just MS WORD 2000 gives me this problem. Does anyone have an idea what is causing this, it aggravating. Thanks Silverado

Relevancy 79.98%

I have started a new thread like the thread http://techguy.org/988303.

I have had the same problem where Microsoft word 2007 closed while typing. The kicker which was my fault is that I have been typing for about 2 hours without saving.

I was in the middle of typing a sentance within a table we not using the mouse and was not doing any control or atl key presses.

As the previous thread there was no saved files no temp files no indication that the file had even been opened.

This is the first time I have seen anything like this happen and I have been using Word 2007 for several year prity constantly.

A:Word 2007 closing unexpectantly

It happens . . . and there could be thousands of reasons why. Either get into the habit of pressing [Ctrl] every once in a while or set Word to do an automatic save every few minutes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2007-closing-unexpectantly.1123460/
Relevancy 79.98%

i sent an closing replicating after files in word??? email to a mate an his files replicating after closing in word??? virus killer spasticated and deleted the email - i have updated my virus killer and ran it but i have not found any malicious files but freind are saying that a virus is being sent to them by me the files ive noticed are replicated file names with vb encoding in files replicating after closing in word??? them - one of them is this - lbum and the code is this slider s l i d e r w h o c a r e s this is in vb code with the square code inbetween the text is this the virus that is doing this or is it just apart of windows the file size is kb im lost as ive had viruses and a worm and a trojan which i got rid of by dumping my hard drives as my norton wouldnt update - ive deleted norton ran every on line scanner imaginable and put avg on manually updated and ran full check up - avg will not update automatically - i get an error saying not connected to the internet manually update by openein your browser help me get some sense into this please as im still sending virus by mail - oh i deleted my pagefile sys as well as it was gig lol nbsp

A:files replicating after closing in word???

More than likely your system is in fact clean.

The reason people get e-mails like that is because there are worms out there like Klez which use "e-mail address spoofing", which means it has got your e-mail address off someone elses Address Book and is pretending it is coming from you.

If he is getting that message when you do in fact send him an e-mail, is his virus detector saying what virus was detected?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/files-replicating-after-closing-in-word.118455/
Relevancy 79.98%

My MSWord program is slow, to the point of freezing momentarily, when opening and closing. I use Windows XP as my OS. I know that this problem can sometimes be associated with a corrupt normal.dot file, but cannot find a solution. Although I have looked for that file even with the option of 'show all files' checked, the file is nowhere to be found on my C:drive. What can I do to solve this problem?

A:Word is slow when opening and closing

XP doesn't search hidden files and folders by default, you have to tell it to. In addition, where you tell it to is well buried.

1. Go to Start>Search
2. In the left hand pane, click "Other Search Options"
3. Click "Documents (word processing, spreadsheets, etc.)"
4. Towards the bottom on the left hand pane click on "Use advanced search options" (sometimes it says "More advanced options").
5. Still in the left hand pane, (you might have to scroll down) find "Search hidden files and folders" and check that, as well as any other options you want.
6. Click the "Back" button until you're back to where you can actually start the search.
7. Enter the name of the file you want to find, click "Search" and it will now look at everything...and sometimes take what seems like forever to do it.

Be sure to go to View in the Search window and click on Details to enable that view...so it will give you the location of the file. You can delete the file directly from the Search window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-is-slow-when-opening-and-closing.120260/
Relevancy 79.98%

When I try to close Word 2002 after printing a document, I get the message "Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close." If I choose to recover my work, Word reopens with a blank document like I had simply clicked on the shortcut (the title bar shows the file name as Document1). This does not happen if I open a file to read it or make changes without printing, but it happens every time after printing. I am thinking that there is an incompatibility between Word and my printer's software. The printer is an HP Deskjet F4580, and I have the bare minimum software install (just the drivers and software needed to use all of the printer's functions). The printer is connected through USB, and the computer is running Windows XP Home Edition SP3 and is fully updated. I would appreciate any assistance with this problem.

A:Word 2002 crashes while closing

Hi lti ,

Please try to perform two basic steps below if you don't mind. We will uninstal and reinstall your printer and then use your Microsoft Office CD.

a.1)Uninstall Microsoft Office
XP >>
Please go to start and open Control Panel. Double click ADD/Remove Programs and uninstall the Microsoft Office program.

Vista/Win7 >>

Please go to start and open Control Panel. Double click Programs then under Programs Feature click Uninstall Program and look for the Microsoft program then uninstall it.

Or

a.2)Insert Microsoft Office and run the program then check if that has an option for REPAIR

Please restart the computer to make sure the changes that was done will take effect fully.

b.) Printer

Insert the CD driver of your Printer

XP >>
Please click START button then click RUN. Type "devmgmt.msc" and press Enter key on your keyboard.
Click the + to the left of Ports and right click Printer then click Properties click Driver tab then Uninstall driver
Right click Ports/Printer then click Properties click Driver tab then click Install/Update Driver
Follow the wizard and locate the CD drive to install the driver

Vista/Wn7 >>
Please click START then click CONTROL PANEL. Click Hardware and Sound then double click DEVICE MANAGER.
Click the + to the left of Ports and right click Printer then click Properties click Driver tab then Uninstall driver
Right click Ports/Printer then click Properties click Driver tab then click Install/Update Driver
Follow the wizard and locate the CD drive to install the driver

Then make a series of test. Check other document programs if they are doing the same...
Corneto_20

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391862/word-2002-crashes-while-closing/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi All,

I have set up a computer to act as a TaskStation using the Windows NT ZAK from microsoft. The only application that can be run is Internet Explorer. This is acheived by a System Policy that sets the default shell for a prticular user to be the Internet Explorer program. We also have an auto logon setup on this PC.

The trouble is that if the user closes down Internet Explorer then the user need to log out to restart IE.

Is there a way to stop the user from closing down IE or can the computer be set to log the user out if the application is shut down. If a log out is done then the computer will automatically log back in and restart IE.

We are using Internet Explorer 4.01 on Windows NT Workstation 4.0 SP6a. If more info is required then please ask.

Cheers

Craig

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zak-taskstation-and-closing-program.28487/
Relevancy 79.98%

i have a service application that sometimes does not really close down when you close the program. Example: Press upper right "x" and main program window disappears, icon on sys tray for it disappears yet I still see it running in win2000 task manager. Anyone have an idea as to where to look to find what could be causing this?

A:program not closing while logoff

Knowing the task is a first step.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-not-closing-while-logoff.307696/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello,

I must run 2 programs at once. But one of them closes the other one.

How can I prevent a program from closing by another?
or
How can I prevent a program closing other?

A:How can I prevent a program closing by another?

Hi Raiwulf Can you tell us what programs you are trying to run exactly, and why one of them closes the other?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573179/how-can-i-prevent-a-program-closing-by-another/
Relevancy 79.98%

I'm looking for a way to close a specified program (World of Warcraft in this case) that I can set on a timer.

The OS is Windows XP.

An example of what I want is that once the program is opened a timer starts to tick down in the background. Once the timer finishes, the program would close. Am I able to do anything like this?

A:Closing a Program on a Timer

You'll need a mini program of some kind. It's the kind of thing that would take maybe a few minutes to bang together, though more if you wanted extra features like popup five minute warnings or customize options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-a-program-on-a-timer.904332/
Relevancy 79.98%

Someone downloaded a program onto my computer and I want to delete it. I'm able to get to add/delete, but when I click to delete the program it says I have to close the program first, but I can't figure out how to close it. Help!!

A:{SOLVED}Closing a program

press control/alt/delete. this should bring up task manager, select the program and press end task. Also make sure there are no shortcuts to it in the startup menu or it will try to start up the next time you boot.
If you know the program name and are using win98 go to start,run, type msconfig, select startup tab, uncheck it in there. That will disable it from starting up

[This message has been edited by brianF (edited 01-27-2001).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-closing-a-program.38517/
Relevancy 79.98%

May People I m running Windows SE and I use Ghost extensivly to make updated Image files of my C Drive in case of a screw-up I write Batch files to automate the process so I can do other things while the Image is made and CRC checked With my latest Batch file I tell Ghost to burn the Image to a CD do the CRC check of the Image re-load Ghost create another Image file to my G Drive and CRC check THAT Image too The only quot Fly in the Ointment quot is that after burning the CD Image Ghost makes the CD Tray automatically open and If I m not RIGHT THERE to close it the automatic CRC check won t take place and the whole process comes to a stop Soooo I need a DOS program that I can tell my Autoexec bat file to trigger to automatically re-close the CD tray right when it is needed Anybody know of such a DOS program DOS Closing Tray Program CD email protected Ben nbsp

A:DOS CD Tray Closing Program

Check out :
http://www.cmdtools.com/

Look for "EJECT.ZIP".

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dos-cd-tray-closing-program.228558/
Relevancy 79.98%

Greetings Here closing when BSOD H2O program I BSOD when closing H2O program am with a nasty problem I had a good spell of years or so without any problems but alas time has come when I managed to crash my system once more Things you will be wondering about - What exactly is the problem Well the problem is that whenever I start my computer it takes times more to start Windows and when it starts I constantly get Blue Death Screen message which headlines IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS - What did you change to cause such a problem Now these are all just speculations for I cannot be sure what caused the problem My computer was working fine only an hour ago but there is more to it About hours ago I received a message from Windows stating that it located a virus of sort So I told the program to delete it afterwards it asked me to restart but I've been busy with something so I didn't About an hour ago or so it said the same thing only this time there were two virus type of things Btw I'm not sure if it's a virus per sa but more like backdoor I can't recall the names Anyhow I told it to erase them and then I again didn't restart instead I installed a new game When the game was installed I was like fine then time to restart the pc Ta da Blue screen IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I kept the pc on just to see if this was a constant problem as it turns out it was indeed a constant problem I cannot manage to run windows at all - Are you able to start Windows on safe prompt Yes I am Actually right now I'm using Windows safe prompt with networking to post this message -Are you aware that if you are able to start Windows on safe prompt the problem might be one of those programs that start up on normal mode I've read about that on one of the forum posts so I went into msconfig to check my startup programs I removed all of them except for Microsoft Corporation's Still I got the blue screen with the same error -Well then looks like we'll have to take a look at your mini dump thingies Sure thing I'm uploading them here on attachments Turns out that I cannot upload dmp files as attachments instead I've selected all the relevant dmp files and zipped them into minidump rar you can access it from my attachments - What more can I tell you I consider myself to have some set of knowledge with computers so when my computer crashes I try to fix it myself first As such I did a little googling with the recent problem and I changed my startup files to see if that'd solve the problem but as I stated above it didn't I'm clueless as though what could be the issue here which is why I'm here I'll be online the entire day until I get to fix this issue I hope to god it is not a malware issue because the computer repair service takes two weeks to fix my pc OS - Vista Windows Win Home Premium x -bit or x -bit What was original installed OS on system This one Win Home Premium bit Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer It is an OEM version Age of system hardware years I think Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS It wasn't reinstalled CPU - Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz GHz Video Card - ATI Radeon HD Series MotherBoard - FOXCONN G MXE series Power Supply - brand amp wattage Can't quite open my computer or the guarantee will be removed Installed Memory RAM GB GB usable lt -- I know I got cheated with bit system So something odd just occured I was going through miscalleneous steps and used the driver verifier thing except I didn't create a system recovery I restarted my computer and bam Blue screen popped up before Windows could start from then on whenever I rebooted it told me to choose a startup disc etc instead of starting Windows You can imagine how worries I was I put my Windows disc Ran a memory test and it all came good Then I went to system recovery option thinking I had one Turns out I didn't have one so I was like shiit I'm damned all my files are gone Last resort I used Windows startup recov... Read more

A:BSOD when closing H2O program

Quote: Originally Posted by siradril

Greetings,

Here I am with a nasty problem. I had a good spell of 2 years or so without any problems, but alas time has come when I managed to crash my system once more.

Things you will be wondering about;

1- What exactly is the problem?
Well the problem is that whenever I start my computer, it takes 10 times more to start Windows 7 and when it starts, I constantly get Blue Death Screen message which headlines; IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS.

2- What did you change to cause such a problem?
Now these are all just speculations for I cannot be sure what caused the problem. My computer was working fine only an hour ago but there is more to it; About 20 hours ago I received a message from Windows 7 stating that it located a virus of sort. So I told the program to delete it, afterwards it asked me to restart but I've been busy with something so I didn't.

About an hour ago or so it said the same thing, only this time there were two virus type of things. (Btw I'm not sure if it's a virus per sa but more like backdoor, I can't recall the names) Anyhow I told it to erase them and then I again didn't restart, instead I installed a new game. When the game was installed I was like, fine then time to restart the pc.

Ta da! Blue screen, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I kept the pc on just to see if this was a constant problem, as it turns out, it was indeed a constant problem. I cannot manage to run windows at all.

3- Are you able to start Windows 7 on safe prompt?
Yes I am. Actually right now I'm using Windows 7 safe prompt with networking to post this message.

4-Are you aware that if you are able to start Windows 7 on safe prompt, the problem might be one of those programs that start up on normal mode?

I've read about that on one of the forum posts, so I went into msconfig to check my startup programs. I removed all of them except for Microsoft Corporation's. Still I got the blue screen with the same error.

5-Well then looks like we'll have to take a look at your mini dump thingies.
Sure thing, I'm uploading them here on attachments.

Turns out that I cannot upload .dmp files as attachments, instead I've selected all the relevant .dmp files and zipped them into minidump.rar, you can access it from my attachments.

6- What more can I tell you?
I consider myself to have some set of knowledge with computers, so when my computer crashes, I try to fix it myself first. As such I did a little googling with the recent problem and I changed my startup files to see if that'd solve the problem but as I stated above, it didn't.

I'm clueless as though what could be the issue here, which is why I'm here. I'll be online the entire day until I get to fix this issue, I hope to god it is not a malware issue because the computer repair service takes two weeks to fix my pc

? OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ? Win 7 Home Premium
? x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 32-bit
? What was original installed OS on system? This one: Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? It is an OEM version.
? Age of system (hardware) 1.5 years I think
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? It wasn't reinstalled
? CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz 2.67GHz
? Video Card - ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
? MotherBoard - FOXCONN G41MXE series
? Power Supply - brand & wattage | Can't quite open my computer or the guarantee will be removed.
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3,25 GB usable <-- I know, I got cheated with 32bit system)

So something odd just occured. I was going through miscalleneous steps, and used the driver verifier thing, except I didn't create a system recovery. I restarted my computer and bam! Blue screen popped up before Windows could start, from then on whenever I rebooted it told me to choose a startup disc etc instead of starting W... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183824-bsod-when-closing-h2o-program.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Whenever I try to exit this program, which is an image editing one called ULTIMATE FX, I get the attached error message. This causes me to have to CNTRL-ALT-DELETE to get out of it.

Any ideas what this is all about?

Thank you

DAVID

A:Problems closing program.

Not a clue (too little information), but, for starters, you should reinstall the program and see if the problem remains.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-closing-program.274417/
Relevancy 79.12%

I use Windows 95 and have Word 97. Whenever I close
a document in Word a visual basic screen pops up
with the error "Compile Error: Ambiguous Name Detected
Document_Close".

A:Closing Doc in Word opens visual Basic

moving to office forum, you may get a better response there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-doc-in-word-opens-visual-basic.48158/
Relevancy 79.12%

I run Windows 98SE and Office 2000. Suddenly this week... when I open Word I get the message: Word cannot open the existing "&#9633;

I click OK and Word opens. Then all is OK until I close Word, when I get the message The Normal file already exists. Do you want to replace the existing file.

Then I get messages about changing the global template.

I've seen these messages before sometime in the past so reckon some kind person reading can help resolve this without my giving more detail. Thanks.

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,

i have a word document that has I, Student Name. in it and this code
Code:
Private Sub Document_Close()
Dim rng As Range
Set rng = ThisDocument.Content
If rng.Find.Execute("Student Name") Then
rng.Text = InputBox("Enter Your Name")
If Response = "" Then Exit Sub
End If
ThisDocument.Save
End Sub

and when i run the code it looks for Student Name and if its there it asks for me to insert my name
but it allows for you to press cancel and just exit with out entering a name
how can i make it so you cant hit cancel?
and when you do it just keeps coming up with the same input box?

A:Stop word from closing when hit cancel in input box

You cannot do it under a Sub Document_Close because it is already closing.

You will have to think of another option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-word-from-closing-when-hit-cancel-in-input-box.1057491/
Relevancy 79.12%

I just upgraded from earlier versions of word and powerpoint to Office 2007 Professional, and I am having a problem with Word. I am operating with XP Pro SP3.

When I go to close the program, if I use the normal X in the upper right corner, nothing happens and Word hangs. I have to use the task manager to close the program. However, if I use the close button on the menu at the left hand end, the program closes normally. Also, if I use the X for closing the document, the entire program closes.

Powerpoint, excell, and all the other programs except word do not have any problems closing with the close X in the upper right corner.

I guess I am doing something really stupid here, since this is a major upgrade and a lot of changes. Anyone got any idea if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks!

David

Relevancy 79.12%

What would cause Word 2000 to take a long time to open and close. We're talking approximately 30 seconds to do something that should take only a few seconds. Because it's taking so long to open I'm also having problems with the Write Letters feature in Quickbooks. Any suggestions? Please help!

Relevancy 79.12%

My computer sometimes restarts when closing a program Here s a hijack this log Thanks Marianne Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows closing program restarting on xp Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Windows xp restarting on closing program SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus ISafe exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Wire PortalMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Engine ymetray exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files Compaq Connections Program Compaq Connections exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C PROGRA Webshots webshots scr C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mehp tripod com search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO WagBHO WagBHO - A DE - CB- D - BCA- A E - C webacc WagBHO dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -C... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-restarting-on-closing-program.444715/
Relevancy 79.12%

There closing Search redirection and program seems to be three Search redirection and program closing elements of this these virus Firstly google searches are redirected to other websites but cut and paste of site location works fine Secondly programs files stop working quot has stopped working quot some include Rundll command centre file transfer or whatever random program I m running at the time Thirdly I m mostly unable to initiate maleware virus scans as it shuts down before I m able to initiate scan DDS scan was through SAFE MODE Other fixes online have not been able to find the problem Many thanks for any type of assistance that can be provided Barney DDS file below DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Harvey Norman at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV Norton Enabled Updated C A - C B- F C- B B- FCCFDC SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Enabled Updated A BBD -AA - A - B- B EB B E FW Norton Enabled B F DB -C - E - D - C F F E Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Users Harvey Norman Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp vaio-online sony com mDefault Page URL hxxp vaio-online sony com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll uURLSearchHooks TheFreeDictionarycom Toolbar d e b - e - -af f- fa - c program files thefreedictionarycom tbTheF dll uURLSearchHooks Vuze Remote Toolbar ba e- - -b f - e d cc - c program files vuze remote tbVuz dll mURLSearchHooks TheFreeDictionarycom Toolbar d e b - e - -af f- fa - c program files thefreedictionarycom tbTheF dll mURLSearchHooks Vuze Remote Toolbar ba e- - -b f - e d cc - c program files vuze remote tbVuz dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton norton engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton norton engine IPSBHO DLL BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Vuze Remote Toolbar ba e- - -b f - e d cc - c program files vuze remote tbVuz dll BHO TheFreeDictionarycom Toolbar d e b - e - -af f- fa - c program files thefreedictionarycom tbTheF dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll... Read more

A:Search redirection and program closing

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375402/search-redirection-and-program-closing/
Relevancy 79.12%

Thank you and Salutations Discovery My friend gave me audio files to make my computer sound more appealing than the typical audio However when I attached audio to Opening Programs and opening closing program Unknown and Closing Programs then the computer has began to play them both in quick succession roughly around every ten seconds Even when there is no applications running In Windows Task Manager no process seems to appear Jist I m concerned if it might be a worm Unknown program opening and closing or Unknown program opening and closing trojan is steadily downloading unwanted content into my computer by this these programs constantly closing and opening Thank you for your time Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost GhostStartService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard OrderReminder OrderReminder OrderReminder exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost GhostStartTrayApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run OrderReminder C Pr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-program-opening-and-closing.828859/
Relevancy 79.12%

I recently changed OS from Windows back to I also did a fresh install of onto a brand new Samsung when out program. closing a Crash Random SSD The install went smooth as silk but from the start things have been off My first issues were with Ventrilo and my turtle beach headset I would be chatting with friends when my Mic input would stop working and I would Random Crash when closing out a program. get the Error from Ventrilo saying Mic input was no longer sending a signal At which point vent would also lock up and crash almost immediately my sound card would crash as well sending everything into a tale spin Windows Explorer would crash along with Task manager at which point I have to hard restart So I am using another head set at the moment one that doesn't require a usb port and the problem has stopped HOWEVER now whenever I play World of Warcraft the game crashes every time I close out of the game So it seems something is just a little bit off in my computer Any help would be great PS I have been checking Event viewer to see if there are any errors that could be doing this I cant find any there are only a couple of errors and they say that Vent crashed exc

A:Random Crash when closing out a program.

Hello and welcome Titus mate how are the temps on the CPU and GPU for starters and have you got all the drivers up to date for that board and GPU??

In any case I think t would be worth running these in safe mode if necessary - if you haven't already.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f and /r options in Option 2 if necessary

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347663-random-crash-when-closing-out-program.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Every time I try an start a different program I get a message that says "(program name)"has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience." I have Run Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy and my anti-virus program from Computer Associates but it still persists. Where do I go from here?

A:Problem encounterd and closing program

What programs are you trying to use when getting this message?Did your anti-virus and anti-malware scans find anything?Have you tried running your scans in "Safe Mode"? If not, please do so.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/191188/problem-encounterd-and-closing-program/
Relevancy 79.12%

Ok someone allready posted something about this but there was no answer wen im using automatically alt-tab closing like pressing Program ano program after sometime its like if i alt tab wen i realy do alt tab theres a process os svchost there wen i selct it nothing shows after i select another window it desapears from alt tab here goes the DSS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by haZard at on - - Program closing automatically like pressing alt-tab Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV ESET NOD Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated E E D - - F - FB -D ACA F C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS system spoolss exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software wpctrl exe C Program Files Portrait Program closing automatically like pressing alt-tab Displays HP My Display DTHtml exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system IHFO exe C PROGRA Nokia NOKIAP LAUNCH EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared HookManager exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files ROCCAT Kone Mouse KoneHID EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Program closing automatically like pressing alt-tab Lite daemon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software floater exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared DTSRVC exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Rainmeter Rainmeter exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files ROCCAT Kone Mouse osd exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services ServiceLayer exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Xfire Xfire exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings haZard Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp pt msn com uSearch Bar hxxp search live com results aspx q searchTerms amp mkt pt-PT amp FORM MIC E uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe spoolss exe BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO HP Print Clips f -dc - -a c- f d c - c program files hp smart web printing hpswp framework dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Auxiliar de Conex o do Windows Live d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB BS Player ControlBar c - eb - - - cb ba f - c program files bs player control... Read more

A:Program closing automatically like pressing alt-tab

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239175/program-closing-automatically-like-pressing-alt-tab/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi There is a Windows Server and several client PC with Windows XP OS User name and password for server and all client systems are same administrator A application a program open and closing Remotely Flight information display system fids exe used in all windows xp clients PC hangs frequently due to some problem in a program message framework mf exe in the windows server The solution for this situation is to close Remotely open and closing a program and open the 'mf exe' program in the server each time But this creates difficulty as the Remotely open and closing a program administrator has to available every time at server location My requirement Remotely open and closing a program is to make a batch file or short cut in every client machine Always operators are available to close and open the mf exe in the server machine remotely each time whenever the application hangs by the client user I have successfully closed the mf exe application using a batch file with the help of 'taskkill' command but not able to open the application I have tried psexec exe but it hangs every time Can anyone help Johnson Joseph

A:Remotely open and closing a program

See> http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ml#post4131811

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remotely-open-and-closing-a-program-699176.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Is there a way that you can prevent a user closing a program down, we have PC's which are used by the public and we do'not want them to be able to close program, is this possible.

It is a database application.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prevent-user-closing-program-down.120158/
Relevancy 79.12%

Is it possible to keep users from closing a program. Its a regular program like word. I dont want the users to close it.
Thanks

Relevancy 79.12%

I just installed build 7100 yesterday and i have really enjoyed it so far, but noticed one slight annoyance.

When I close a program or a window, the animation takes effect and the window begins to close, then pauses for literally a nano-second, before closing all the way. Its not much, but its noticeable enough to be an annoyance.

I've only been able to find one other post of someone complaining of the same issue, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has a fix.

A:Closing window/program laggy

Try updating your chipset and gfx drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/9254-closing-window-program-laggy.html
Relevancy 79.12%

not sure what ive got it closes my mmorpg when im playing every - minutes like i was pressing alt tab but have tried spybot s amp d spyware doctor w anti-virus ad-aware spyware blaster and Avg but with no luck on getting rid of what ever i got if is pressing closing alt-tab automaticly like program the wrong place to post please let me know whereLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP program closing automaticly like pressing alt-tab SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo AntiSpyWare AntiSpyWareService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Seagate SeagateManager Sync FreeAgentService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor TFEngine TFService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Ideazon Zboard Software Driver ZboardTray exeC Program Files Seagate SeagateManager FreeAgent Status StxMenuMgr exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files World of Warcraft Free Ram Optimizer fro exeC Program Files Ideazon Zboard Software Driver Zboard exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Internet Explorer Iexplore exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Documents and Settings micah JONES Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dllO - BHO no name - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - no file O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - Toolbar no name - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - no file O - Toolbar no name - A DE- - - A E-AE E B B F - no file O - HKLM Run MaxMenuMgr quot C Program Files Seagate SeagateManager FreeAgent Status StxMenuMgr exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ISTray quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe quot O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKC... Read more

A:program closing automaticly like pressing alt-tab

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228813/program-closing-automaticly-like-pressing-alt-tab/
Relevancy 78.26%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable Firefox & slow, Word other. Win7 extremely closing, PC Antivirus None Win Pro on Toshiba Satellite Laptop New clean Gb external drive for saving to back-up etc The problem Win7 extremely slow, Firefox & Word closing, other. s A scan says there are items to fix On your advice I ve done nothing Win7 extremely slow, Firefox & Word closing, other. about that Firefox refuses to open After several attempts several copies will open I close the unneeded ones and while using the programme it will become Unresponsive Close reopen and it goes to Restore Session Auto updates fail to install Internet videos will not play though I can get some progress from printed pages and internet banking once things are running The problems go on Word will do the same Everything goes at a crawl but once open works ok but will shut down unexpectedly Reopening will Rediscover my work up to the last Saved point If you can help me I m happy to go to any extent other than reinstalling Win from the discs as I can t find the discs Mike nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

I have looked everywhere can't find answer to this one
I open word doc do some editing close it later open again to read white papers or what ever again close it again
in process task manager I get up to 4 winword exe 's running at same time
I have tried to change priority to low does not help
can't find it in services
I can end process's OK but it is starting to be a headache as my process's for the day adds up don't want it to start affecting my machine

45 process's ticking away now cpu up to 20%

thank you
Regards
SS

A:Winword exe process does not close after closing word 2000

There are a few things you can look into.
In the Start/Programs/Startup folder is probably an entry with a small flag and Microsoft Office. Delete that entry. (this is a process also known as OSA9.EXE for Office2K, or OSA10.EXE for OfficeXP). If you have the Binder program running, stop that as well.
Next, Stop the Indexing Service under Computer Management, and set it to Disabled, it will make your PC faster.
Another influence could be the Office plug-in from Norton/Symantec antivirus. This unnecessarily delays opening/closing of any office files. UN-tick it somewhere in the NAV-settings. Other AV-programs have something similar. Even when you disable it, the AV will still check office-attachments in emails (which is all it needs to do).
When you open a .doc file, the WINWORD.EXE will show up in the Process list of task-manager, and the Document-name will show up under Applications.
Opening a second .doc will (should) only open up another Application in task-manager, but should not open a second instance of Word.
If that is the case, there is something wrong in the Office settings, and an Office-repair should do the trick. Click on Add/Remove programs, select Office 2000, click on "support information", in there a button "Repair" will show up.
HTH

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winword-exe-process-does-not-close-after-closing-word-2000.19620/
Relevancy 78.26%

I run XP Professional with Word and Excel 2003. I "think" my problem started after I upgraded to Office SP3. The apps open and close very slow. If I open Word without addins using winword.exe /a -- it's fine. How do I figure out what addin is causing the problem or does anyone know which one might cause this? It's making me nuts!

Ideas?

Thanks

A:Word/Excel 2003 Slow Loading and Closing

I had the same issue, and after reading your post I tried the winword /a also. Word opened in a few seconds. After some searching around I found an old autorecovery file in c:\documents and settings\myusername\application data\microsoft\word.
The name was something like "autorecovery save of .....".as$.
I deleted this file and now Word opens and closes normally again.

You should also check the Startup subfolder in the folder mentioned above. Move anything there to another folder temporarily and see if it helps. You could also try moving your normal.dot (and any other templates) from the Application Data\microsoft\Templates folder.

I've also seen this happen when accessing documents on a network share, when the local DNS settings point to an external (i.e. Internet) server as the primary, then an internal one as the secondary (it should be the reverse). You can check this from a command prompt using ipconfig/all.

Other than that you'd have to disable (or remove) the add-ins one by one to determine which it is.

Hope you got it solved already, but if not, hope this helps.

Steve

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-excel-2003-slow-loading-and-closing.705345/
Relevancy 78.26%

Help Recently a friend installed Adobe Photodeluxe on my Compaq notebook Since then I keep getting an alert when I close Microsoft Word or Outlook asking me if I want to save changes to EZPHOTO DOT YES or NO I would click NO but everytime I would close Word or Outlook the alert would appear again Finally I checked the YES box to see what would happen and it then asks me quot The template EZPHOTO DOT and its macros will be converted to the latest Word format when the template is saved Do you want to save the converted template to a new file or overwrite EZPHOTO DOT Choices being NEW FILE - OVERWRITE - CANCEL quot Also on the MS Word tool bar EZP is listed EZPHOTO.DOT MS & Word in Solved: closing Outlook Alert times Since I am NOT a experienced computer user I wonder why is this doing this and how do I stop these alerts and get these EZP s off the Word tool Solved: EZPHOTO.DOT Alert in closing MS Word & Outlook bar Please advise Thanks I Solved: EZPHOTO.DOT Alert in closing MS Word & Outlook m on Windows XP SP with Microsoft Office Professional installed Craig O nbsp

A:Solved: EZPHOTO.DOT Alert in closing MS Word & Outlook

Look here for a fix
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224727

It also applies to your version of Word apparently.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ezphoto-dot-alert-in-closing-ms-word-outlook.478333/
Relevancy 78.26%

I first installed OfficeXP on Windows Pro -bit Everything works fine until I close Office In other words I can open edit and close files but after Excel Word closing when & crash Office2003) (Win7Pro-64, closing when I exit Office often crashes I think it is trying to write some config or template files when closing and hitting permission problems I then uninstalled OfficeXP bought Office and installed Office It has the same problem I see crashing in both Excel and Word I set Word s customization so that it would Word & Excel crash when closing (Win7Pro-64, Office2003) always show full menus When I closed Word it crashed The next time I opened Word I had short menus suggesting that the customization file wasn t successfully saved So either it is crashing before saving the customization or crashing because it can t save the customization If I try to exit with a document or spreadsheet open it will sometimes crash and corrupt the file I tried changing Office compatibility mode Word & Excel crash when closing (Win7Pro-64, Office2003) on and off No help Can you advise me on how to fix this Thank you for your help nbsp

A:Word & Excel crash when closing (Win7Pro-64, Office2003)

Upgrade to Office 2010 or 2013. Why use an outdated version ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-excel-crash-when-closing-win7pro-64-office2003.1149200/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi firstly I'm new to pc and don't have much knowledge about it I apologize for that I have no idea what is going to my desktop it keep on blue screen when I play a long time on battlefield sometimes close browser while on battlefield I have already Screen program, 4 after Blue on certain mostly closing battlefield change a new stick of ram I install anti malware to check and avast anti virus This problem has been going on for about months almost everyday I am facing this blue screen Sometime it even happen times per day I'm really have no idea what to Blue Screen after closing certain program, mostly on battlefield 4 do anymore Help me please Dmp file in the attachment This is the latest blue screen code I've got from blue screen viewer - - dmp AM SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION x b c fffff e e fffff de ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe f NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win rtm - x ntoskrnl exe f Code Crash Dump Analysis -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x F Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF E E xFFFFF DE x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that an exception Blue Screen after closing certain program, mostly on battlefield 4 happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be Blue Screen after closing certain program, mostly on battlefield 4 identified at this time On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module cdd dll cdd xDCE Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF E E xFFFFF DE x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C Windows system cdd dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Canonical Display Driver Bug check description This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Mon AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module win k sys xFFFFF C D Bugcheck code x xFFFFF C A x xFFFFF C D x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system win k sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Multi-User Win Driver Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Sat PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module cdd dll xFFFFF DCD Bugcheck code x xFFFFF C DA B x xFFFFF DCD x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system cdd dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Canonical Display Driver Bug check description This indicates that inval... Read more

A:Blue Screen after closing certain program, mostly on battlefield 4

Hello juicefuct, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326355-blue-screen-after-closing-certain-program-mostly-battlefield-4-a.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello, I am running win xp. Every ten minutes or so, a program opens then immediately closes. I know this because it opens a window that closes immediately that flashes for a second, and puts all other windows in the background, including any games I'm playing. It is very annoying to get tabbed out of games every 10 minutes...

Is there any tool I can download to make a list of the past 10 windows to open or close so that I can find out what is opening and closing and stop it somehow???

A:Some program opening and closing really fast every 10 minutes?

Leave the Task Manager (Running Processes tab) open. When that window decides to open again, try noting which new process starts running at that time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-program-opening-and-closing-really-fast-every-10-minutes.944712/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello I'm new on this forum so I'll go straight to the point to ask I'm always get a BSOD everytime I close a game client since days ago September th about pm GMT The game is Elsword Online on private server VOID Elsword All the BSOD I got only happen whenever I close the game client end the game And I had BSOD so far all with the same problem Bug a BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER ntoskrnl.exe closing certain when program Check String BAD POOL HEADER BSOD when closing a certain program BAD_POOL_HEADER ntoskrnl.exe Bug Check Code x Parameter fffff fffff ce c b Caused By Driver ntoskrnl BSOD when closing a certain program BAD_POOL_HEADER ntoskrnl.exe exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe bc I also happen to test the official server client with nothing happen whatsoever when I close the client So I just want to know what happen to my laptop as didn't install anything before the BSOD happen So what cause the BSOD my antivirus or the client is faulty but before that I can play the game normally without BSOD So please help me and thank you

A:BSOD when closing a certain program BAD_POOL_HEADER ntoskrnl.exe

no reply at all
someone please reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346134-bsod-when-closing-certain-program-bad_pool_header-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Whenever I exit any program window, or even a simple file folder, a blank Internet Explorer brower pops up somewhere on the screen.

I have beencleaning this system off using Spybot, CCleaner and Adaware, however this issue still exists.

Any suggestions?

A:IE browser pops up when closing any folder or program

Hi Chris

This has to be malware related. Follow the HJT link in my sig and go through the whole 5 steps process. Post your final log in the HijackThis section where security techs will review it. It can take some time before you get an answer from them as that section is overcrowded, just be patient. Once they'll start reviewing your log you'll have quick feedback.

You can also check this thread :
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...val-guide.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ie-browser-pops-up-when-closing-any-folder-or-program-171625.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I created a simple word file with some visual basic elements with Word two text boxes a command button and two labels The user is supposed to enter information in the text boxes and watch the information appear in the labels when they click the command button I got everything working with this simple code for the command button Private Sub CommandButton Click Label Caption TextBox Text Label Caption TextBox Text End Sub I was happy I saved the document closed Word and went for a coffee When I returned I re-opened the file I entered text after saving VB objects, documents closing Solved: not and working Word with into the textboxes and hit the command button though nothing happened Solved: Word documents with VB objects, not working after saving and closing The labels stayed blank I tried adding new functions and editing the old one Solved: Word documents with VB objects, not working after saving and closing and nothing worked Do VB functions work one time only when you create them Or can you create them save the file and have it work in the future I hope Edit I have attached the file I created Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Word documents with VB objects, not working after saving and closing

Actually i am new commer in visual basic .so i gain a little bit.but from today i continioung to read your thread.thats why i am very pleasure to you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-documents-with-vb-objects-not-working-after-saving-and-closing.901465/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi All I was trying to move pictures from my camera to the computer and this Data Execution Program keeps closing down on me I can restart and eventually download all my pics It s just a hassle Then it dawned on me to finally do a HJT and ask for your Process. help? Data Host Program closing Execution is help Help Please This DEP says it can be turned Data Execution Program is closing Host Process. help? off or deal with settings but I just keep getting lost on it Do I need it How do I fix this issue so that I can get my pictures downloaded without the shutdowns Thankyou for your help MeadowLark Logfile of Data Execution Program is closing Host Process. help? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Acer Empowering Technology SysMonitor exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Innovative Solutions DriverMax devices exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Stickies stickies exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en us acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http en us acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en us acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO ShowBarObj Class - A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - C Windows system ActiveToolBand dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Progr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-execution-program-is-closing-host-process-help.852963/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have been having explorer.exe continue to run at around 13% cpu usage after closing the program and persist to run until I manually end task on the task manager. I have pin pointed the problem to be caused by youtube's playlist. If I happen to close IE while viewing multiple youtube videos ONLY if watching them from a playlist, this problem occurs and can be replicated. I can't find any info on this issue and was wondering how to fix it.

A:Multiple Sources of explorer.exe continue to run after closing program

Hi,
Is that with or without flash player installed ?
If flash is installed uninstall it and test the issue,
If without flash installed it might be connected to restore previous session features
Try using delete browser history on exit and test,
If you would like to control what is deleted on exit go to delete button and uncheck items you don't want deleted,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/365913-multiple-sources-explorer-exe-continue-run-after-closing-program.html
Relevancy 77.4%

how can i close an unresponding program with out goin to 'task manager', because task manager button is disabled in my college computers! any know how to do it?
let me no thanku.peace.rahul.

A:closing a unresponding program without goin to `task manager

you could use taskkill from the cmd prompt.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/closing-a-unresponding-program-without-goin-to-task-manager-49149.html
Relevancy 76.54%

For the past few days, every time I close spider solitaire the computer beeps. Its really loud and doesn't seem to do it on any other games when closing, just this one.

Any ideas on how to get the beep to go away

A:Solved: Spider Solitaire - Beeps loudly when closing program

I found my own answer......if anyone has this problem here's the way to stop the beep:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/turn-off-the-annoying-windows-xp-system-beeps/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-spider-solitaire-beeps-loudly-when-closing-program.801056/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,
Please can someone help me... since I downloaded the latest update for Trend Micro, every link that I click on closes down and freezes all the other windows I have open for a while, thus taking ages to use my laptop!! Really frustrating, please help someone :-)
Thanks in advance

A:Clicking on any Link keeps closing the program Trend Micro problem

Hello and welcome to TSF

I suggest you contact Trend Micro support http://esupport.trendmicro.com/default.aspx for assistance.

If you believe your issues are related to Virus/Trojan/Spyware removal, please follow instructions below.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/clicking-on-any-link-keeps-closing-the-program-trend-micro-problem-447641.html
Relevancy 76.54%

so since yesterday i've been having some glitchy program trying to open about every minute while i'm using my pc. the icon appears on my taskbar for a split second and then it closes again. if i'm playing a game or anything it will minimize it or i'f im typing disrupt me in whatever i'm doing. since i primarily do have my laptop for gaming reasons this is extremely infuiriating. I managed to print screen this icon that appears for a split second, but i cannot identify it. Can some one please help me fix this issue?? i have windows 7 64 bit. let me know if you need any more info.

A:[SOLVED] unknown program opening and closing immidiately every minute

That looks like a device icon. Did you install any drivers for a camera, printer, or scanner recently, or have you had trouble installing any devices? Is there any devices install plugged in via USB, like a camera, Printer, ect...

Go to Start type in devmgmt.msc hit enter. Is there any yellow or red marks anywhere?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unknown-program-opening-and-closing-immidiately-every-minute-655571.html
Relevancy 70.95%

After opening a document within a few seconds the word for windows program crashes. It's mostly on one document, but it happened one time with another. When I tried the same document on another computer transferred over by way of thumbdrive, the same thing happened.

Also, I have viruses and trojan horses I'm in the process of trying to get rid of, but I think this problem was before the virus and trojans.

I keep running adaware, spybot scan and virus scans.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Word document keeps crashing my program

very simple answer, what im thinking is the file itself has been damaged and is corrupt, delete these files and then get rid of your virus issues, the problem should be taken care of then.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-document-keeps-crashing-my-program.368529/
Relevancy 70.95%

My brother just lost a 20 page Word document that he needs for Monday. He says he saved it, but then the computer was shut off by a power failure. Now he goes to Recent Documents and sees it, but when he clicks on it, he gets an error saying it can't be read.

I'm assuming the file is corrupted, so I'll need some kind of simple recovery software. Can anyone point me to a free version of a Word recovery program that would be simple to use? Thanks for your help!

A:Need Program to recover Word Document

Open office can open Word docs. I don't know if it will recover them. It is free. Here's the link...doc

http://www.openoffice.org/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-program-to-recover-word-document.416175/
Relevancy 69.66%

I experienced a BSOD when closing a game called Kerbal Space Program. If someone could analyze my minidumps and give a cause of this problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

A:Win 7 x64 0x19 BSOD When closing "Kerbal Space Program"

Hi webbwbb.

Your Crash dump is not showing any probable finite cause.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.
If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

If these two tests comes without any issue, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

Also try to update your BIOS to Version F13 dated 2012/03/21 (not suggesting the latest UEFI one, as it may cause some complexities with the installed windows) from GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev. 1.0). You also may use @BIOS to install the BIOS update, available under utilities.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/314038-win-7-x64-0x19-bsod-when-closing-kerbal-space-program.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have an Acer Aspire G laptop running MS Windows Home Premium -bit with Intel Core i CPU M GHz and GB RAM I have AVG Antivirus Free Edition installed I have many problems and get error messages when I try to open a MS Word document or try to get MS Word program to open Problem and Error message I cannot get past the first orange screen that says quot Microsoft Word quot It hangs indefinitely Error message program Microsoft and open Word 2007 can't document I quot There was a problem sending the command to the program quot Problem I tried to open a MS Word document with LibreOffice It opened the first MS Word document but hanged indefinitely when I tried to open another MS Word document Problem I tried opening a I can't open Microsoft Word 2007 program and document MS Word document using MS Publisher it had problems and hanged indefinitely Problem and Error message I tried to create a document in MS Publisher using MS Word features import but it gave an error message quot Microsoft Office Publisher is connecting to printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer to get print capabilities and settings information quot This hanged indefinitely Problem After I had imported MS Word I can't open Microsoft Word 2007 program and document features into MS Publisher when I tried to use MS Publisher itself the pull-down menus were all empty Why were they empty What happened there It never happened before Problem I searched Windword exe using Start gt and I typed this in the Search box quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office winword exe quot unregserver But I didn't find this on my laptop So I downloaded Winword exe and searched again But still this search term quot unregserver quot did not appear Problem I went to the Control Panel and clicked on quot Programs and Features quot then scrolled down the list until I found Word and clicked on it Then it gave me an option to Remove Modify Repair I clicked Repair but it did not 'repair' the program and I still can't open my MS Word I don't want to have to re-install MS Word because I have misplaced it and can't find it anyway I will sincerely appreciate any help

A:I can't open Microsoft Word 2007 program and document

Hi Faridah, Welcome to Seven forums.

Lot of errors there.

Try this for starters. Fix MS Word.

Also, try to run MS Word after unchecking the option "Run as Administrator".

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/317445-i-cant-open-microsoft-word-2007-program-document.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I would be very grateful Manager Program. After say's closing is running? VB6 it my and Task Running if you could possibly answer my question I have a new modern After Running and closing my VB6 Program. Task Manager say's it is running? computer AMD XP running Windows XP Professional If you close a program after running it and it appears to be closed but the task manager shows that it is running what does After Running and closing my VB6 Program. Task Manager say's it is running? this mean Does After Running and closing my VB6 Program. Task Manager say's it is running? it mean that there is something wrong with the Software of the running program or is it a Windows System Problem I wrote a very easy program compiled in VB which after running I closed and does not show up in Task Manager Everything is obviously ok However my other much more complicated compiled VB program after being run and closed shows up as running in the Task Manager I just want to know what this means please Is there something wrong with the program I have made When you continue to open and close it more icons of the running program are seen in Task Manager But none on the main normal bottom windows task bar where the start button is Which I presume is correct Thanks Gary nbsp

A:After Running and closing my VB6 Program. Task Manager say's it is running?

Sounds like you have an active window somewhere although it is hidden. Put debug.print code in all of your form.load/unload events and run it in the debugger. Make sure you having matching unloads for each load.

Also, callbacks (like timers) may be the culprit. What does your application do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-running-and-closing-my-vb6-program-task-manager-says-it-is-running.156118/
Relevancy 62.35%

When saving a Word 2007 document as a webpage (htm, html), an extra folder is automatically created besides the hmtl document itself. This folder contains background information like pictures, wallpaper etc. Is there a way to prevent that folder from being created in the first place? I've got Word 2000 on another computer, and when I save my word documents as html files over there, that extra folder is not generated. The only time that folder is created in 2000 is if my documents contain pictures, wallpaper etc. In Word 2007, it is created all the time, even though my documents are just plain text.

A:Solved: Word 2007, saving document as html document: how to get rid of extra folder?

Managed to find the solution, it was very simple after all. One has to save the document as a filtered webpage and click "yes" when a box pops up warning you that you will use certain featuers which are specific to Office2007, such as the background. Then the document will save without that extra folder and files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-2007-saving-document-as-html-document-how-to-get-rid-of-extra-folder.780320/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have two questions regarding documents created in Word 2007...

1) Can links be created within a Word document? For example, can I click on and item my table of contents and have the document jump to that particular section of the document?

2) Also, is there a way to make sections of the document hidden until the user clicks a specific word or graphic in the document?

I'd like to specify a particular instruction and include a "Show example" link that would make a detailed example appear for those who needed the extra help.

Thanks everyone!

A:Word 2007 - Links within a document? Hide/Show sections of a document?

If you created table of contents through References - Table of Contents, you can hold Ctrl and click on the item in that table, word will take you there. This feature is standard.

Also, to navigate inside document you can use bookmark option.
Insert bookmarks. Word 2010 Bookmarks
Then insert Hyperlink - in the window select second tab "Place in This Document" and choose your bookmark.

As for hiding parts of document, I do not think that is possible.
You can create that in HTML document with javascript, but not in Word document.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/198908-word-2007-links-within-document-hide-show-sections-document.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I am running XP and Word and Nortons Word will crash if you leave the document open for a while there is no specific time frame and then select close icon The error - Microsoft Word for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close The details are AppName winword exe appver Modname kernel dll modvers offset eb This has pretty much happened since I got this laptop I have reformatted and reinstalled everything due to another problem and still have the same problem with word I have used the same CD on other computers to Close Word the have you document open document a 2000 on for if sitting crashes while install word and Word 2000 crashes on Close document if you have the document sitting open for a while they do not Word 2000 crashes on Close document if you have the document sitting open for a while have the same problem I use a variety of templates and plain documents in my work and can not pin point Word 2000 crashes on Close document if you have the document sitting open for a while it to one template If you leave Word open with a document no matter what size and come back to it later this is when the problem happens I started to get around it my saving first then closing but this no longer works The save completes and then I select Close and this is when it happens - you get the dreaded pause and then you hear the whirl of the computer and then you get the Microsoft Word for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close Firstly I could put up with it but is now just a nusiance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/word-2000-crashes-on-close-document-if-you-have-the-document-sitting-open-for-a-while.33444/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys! Is there anybody knows a program that can convert (copy) words in an image to a real document that can be edited from Word?

Thanks

A:Which software can convert an image of a document to a real document (MS Word)?

If you have MS Office, as I think you do, you might try out this link:

http://weblogs.asp.net/jgalloway/ar...0_-You-may-already-have-it_2E002E002E00_.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-software-can-convert-an-image-of-a-document-to-a-real-document-ms-word.661060/
Relevancy 61.92%

This might be kind of tricky We re trying to streamline our Word templates document Creating 2000: of Master a Document RFQ-to-Quote process which Word 2000: Creating a Master Document of document templates currently utilizes a combination of digital forms and hand-written forms passed among several departments My boss asked me to modify the RFQ Word 2000: Creating a Master Document of document templates form to save him some typing because he has to retype all the information in the final Quote and I--not understanding the complexity of the process--very stupidly told him that it could be done fairly simply using form fields and bookmarks He s been kind enough to grant me a lot of leniency because for him anything would be better than the current situation so as long as I can improve on what we use now he ll be happy I thought about creating form templates for each of the departments then as the original RFQ circulated from one department to the next subsequent forms would be appended to it to create a rolling document I m not too happy with the that idea there s all sorts of room for user error I thought about creating a single document template containing every department s form but a I don t want any single department to be able to modify information gathered during another department s process and b certain departments must generate a variable number of copies of their form I told my boss the best way to accomplish a secure and low-maintenance RFQ-to-Quote would be to create a stand-alone Quote Generator application but we both agree the effort is not condusive to the timeframe by which he wants me to manage this project So here s my idea I want to create a Master Document template of document templates so that my boss can create a new RFQ-to-Quote Master Document as needed while at the same time allowing each department the autonomy of generating its own documentation I don t think that s possible Has anyone else faced a similar issue and if so how did you address the problem Thanks chris nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all The other day whilst in the throws of fixing another unrelated problem I came across a strange and freezes document corrupted computer is and Word document [SOLVED] annoying Word Document problem When I bought this word document up it present a very [SOLVED] Word document freezes computer and document is corrupted unusual icon It was grayed out and part of the title contained a then the name of the document When I tried to open it the word document only opened up to the gray page just before it should turn white displaying the text and there it froze Nothing worked after that The freeze was so bad that the only way to close the window was to turn the computer off at the tower After rebooting I tried it again more times with the same problem freeze occurring in the Word document Today I again found another document that caused the same problem this time the icon for that document was normal but right beside this icon was another malformed grayed out name icon When I tried to open either of the icons I got the same freezing up problem just as before I tried a previously suggested step in that I opened quot Word quot and from there navigated to where the bad files were located In turn I only hi-lighted each and at the bottom of that window clicked on the arrow for the drop down box I was advised that one of the presented options was to repair the file No such option was present So there you have it Any advice on this problem please Regards

A:[SOLVED] Word document freezes computer and document is corrupted

Hi all.

Just to advise that I am going to mark this topic as Solved......to a fashion so to speak.
I may resurrect it at a later stage if the problem re-presents it's self.

In a nut shell. I spent a lot of time today searching sites and performing tests including searches on my computer program.

I ascertained that all the aforementioned "defective " Word documents originated in the same folder. After performing several search functions with the criteria as ~$.doc no other such files were found on my computer, other that the already mentioned.

All tests suggested would not repair the said documents.

I have now deleted the offenders and I will monitor the situation. If I run into problems again I will re-post.

Thanks anyway.
Regards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-word-document-freezes-computer-and-document-is-corrupted-409838.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I work at a small non-profit and we have updated two computers with new computers running Windows We use MS Word I have checked all threads on forum from Can't send open Word Thunderbird document via Document related to this issue Can't send Word Document via Thunderbird from open document but nothing seems to correct our problem I would be grateful for any help Description of issue With a Word document open one should be able to click quot File quot gt quot Send To quot gt Mail Recipient As Attachment quot or any of the other mail options and have the email composition window of Thunderbird pop up What happens is that Word is attempting to send the attachment via Windows Live Mail The computer basically freezes If you try and abort or get out of Word and error pops up stating you can t close Word until the email has been sent Finally you have to force a shut down of the computer Internet Explorer shows Thunderbird as default email client I have check all of the other obvious places for setting the default email client but I can t seem to find a conflict anywhere on the computer showing Windows Live Email as default client As a side note this employee was using Outlook Express as their email client prior to the computer upgrade and all setting were imported into Windows Live Mail which was initially used The employee did not like Windows Live Mail so I installed Thunderbird It is used as the default email client and the only issue has been with Word Additionally I know that the document could be sent from Windows Explorer by right-clicking and etc but this employee is and older individual is not computer savvy and is accustom to sending Word documents while the document is open So I would like for them to be able to continue sending documents in the way they are accustom One last thing The other employee whose computer was upgraded and who has always used Thunderbird as their email client is have no issue sending email in this way from an open Word Document Any help would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Can't send Word Document via Thunderbird from open document

Might try uninstalling Word, then reinstalling it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-send-word-document-via-thunderbird-from-open-document.1106623/
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm trying to help a friend of mine, he's getting the isearch c*** on his computer. I've suggested he run hjt and post his log so someone can help. The problem is....as soon as hjt stops scanning a window pops up telling him the window is closing. He can see the scan results but is unable to do anything with them. He ran the cwshredder and another coolwww something or another as suggested at the hjt website. Any suggestions on how he can get that to work? Thanks!

A:HJT keeps closing

I'm sure you meant CRUD....

====

Try the older version of HJT (link info below) or try it in Safe Mode. It's not preferred, but it's a start.

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis1982.exe there. Run a scan and save the log file. Get HijackThis Analyzer and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in y if you agree. Open up the result.txt file created. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hjt-keeps-closing-33357.html
Relevancy 60.63%

May status For about a month my computer started slowing and IE was really slow and freezing so I decided to update to IE After installing and trying to open rec d error message about an Add-on program not being compatible so I checked quot Always open without quot From the very start IE would freeze up with white screen and very few times would it connect to the internet or even give me the quot cannot connect quot message just froze All of my programs started freezing I could not do anything I ran PCTools scan with no results then I ran Spybot Search and Destroy and it found Virtumonde amp AdawareAlert I chose to remove and indicated that is was removed Now the past log in SSD does not mention Virtumonde This did not help with programs so I decided to do a system restore All of the programs seem to be running fine and IE is connecting to the internet I have no idea what version as there are no tool bars Only the address bar with lt gt address bar refresh X and Google search bar at the far right with a Magnifying glass NO Menu bar NO status Bar I can t right click anywhere in the bar or the body of the window Closing IE Right away to try and reset toolbar options I cannot download anything or even attach a file in my Yahoo email I cannot copy IE Closing Right away and paste and my Delete button does not work works in all other programs I have been working between my Laptop and a Thumbdrive to get all Read and Run me programs ran and logs I have completed all and the logs are attached here I could put IE on the thumb drive and try to reinstall it but I am scared I have also run PCTools Antivirus Scan again also and it has not found anything I have looked back through the logs and there is not mention of Virtumonde I performed the Read and Run Me suggested thru MajorGeeks com performed mainly via downloading programs and logs on a thumbdrive under the circumstances After completing all the processes it did seem to help all other programs and operation but now when clicking on IE it opens and closes immediately I have uninstalled IE and Reinstalled via a thumbdrive Still nothing I have attached the DDS scan and some of the logs that I have ran for MajorGeeks except for the ComboFix Logs that I see that this forum does not approve If there is anything suggestions UH OH Actually I am now to the point to attach logs files and do not see a link I am sure it is right in front of me but I cannot see it I so respect MajorGeeks Forum they have helped me tremendously in the past and I had a very knowledgeable person respond and view my logs days after I posted May but have not yet been able to fix the problem My husband filed an extension for our Income taxes and we have to file them soooooon and was hoping some fresh new eyes would help Sometimes a second opinion doesn t hurt P S I am now also having problems with my laptop and hopefully didn t transfer any virus Trojan or bug to my laptop using the thumb drive PP SS I am trying to cook Gumbo for people and do this at the same time so please forgive anything that I left out

A:IE Closing Right away

Hi and welcome to BleepingComputer Is your log still active at MajorGeeks? If so, you should only follow the advise given by the helper at that forum. Doing otherwise can cause major problems.I didn't see where you had run malwarebytes, so let's try it here.The process of cleaning your computer may require temporarily disabliling some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/229642/ie-closing-right-away/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello. I have Windows Vista 64 bit. All of a sudden my computer is shutting down and leaving me with a blank screen.It happens even if I am not on it. I have to reboot by turning the tower off and going into F8. Sometimes it twlls me one of my discs needs to be checked for consisitancy, and I fix it. The nest day...same thing, and I have to F8 and fix something else. I checked out all my programs and files, everything is OK. I have had this system for four months. Do I need to get a new computer or is it worth fixing. It is under warrenty.

A:Closing Down

Hello Jewelgirl,

Couple things you could try.
System Restore - How to
System Files - SFC Command

Hope this helps.

Gary

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/228158-closing-down.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi guys not sure if I m posting in the right place but here is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Google Quick Search Box GoogleQuickSearchBox exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system FsUsbExService Exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService IE Closing exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data ScanQuery scanquery exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files ScanQuery scanquery exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files HijackThis Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http uk msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft IE Closing Internet Explorer Main Start Page IE Closing http uk msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet IE Closing Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by MSN amp Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar LimeWire Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google... Read more

A:IE Closing

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395770/ie-closing/
Relevancy 60.63%

I rarely use internet explorer but since my FF is messing up I used it and when I exited it this came up. Acrobat IEHelper: IEXPLORE.EXE - Application Error
The instruction at "0x00ed1ea8" referenced memory at "0x00ed1ea8". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program
Here is a picture also. Any ideas on whats happening. thanks much appreciated

A:Closing IE. Help

What is IEhelper? was it somthing you installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/closing-ie-help-203944.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi

I have a DVD on which I recorded a number of important items using a dedicated DVD machine. I did not "close" the DVD because I wanted to add further material.

In the meantime the DVD machine (which is out of warranty) has died leaving me with an "open" DVD which I cannot access using my computers.

Does anyone know of a way in which a DVD can be "closed" if the machine on which it was recorded is no longer available?

Thanks

T.

Relevancy 60.63%
Q: Closing

Hello, Im currently having a problem with my computer. It seems with programs such as WMP, Ares, Winamp and a couple other programs close after a period of time by itself and gives me a stupid error....I tried re-installing my computer alltogether but it didnt make a difference, I dont know if this is connected to another problem i've been having where as my computer occationally gives me a B.S.O.D and the error is ( to the best of my rememberance ) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL....

Thanks..

A:Closing

i have the same error sometimes on my Inspiron 5000 laptop, is this a laptop? or desktop? im thinkin it's my HD, already tryed the RAM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/closing-153604.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have Windows XP and I have the Service Pack2. When I am surfing the web or playing online games IE just shuts down for no reason. My AIM does the same thing...closing for no reason. I also noticed that my PC is running slower than usual too. Does any one have any ideas why this could be happening? Any help would be appreciated.

A:IE keeps closing

These could be symptoms of many problems. When was the last time you ran scandisk and defragged your hard drive? How much RAM do you have? Have you checked for malware?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/19299/ie-keeps-closing/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,
I am new to this forum and hope you can help me. Every time I click on a video in IE (6) it runs for a while and then comes up with the error of "Internet Net Explorer has encountered a problem and must close down"
I send the error report as requested, but nothing seems to work. It's amazing that the commercials all work, but once the video starts it pops up that message. Sometimes the video will continue playing anyway, but sometimes it just freezes up.
Thanks for any help you can give.

A:Ie Keeps Closing Down

Hi cbstiff, First welcome to BC.
There are quite a few things that that message means.
Was there a Details button with the message,if so, next time click it. The error message would give better details of what the message was pointing to and easier to solve.
In the mean time In iternet optionds clear cookies and temp files.
Run your AV and spyware scans as many times it's a malware issue.
Let us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52261/ie-keeps-closing-down/
Relevancy 60.63%

Toshiba Laptop

2 months old

When I am on the net at any site IE will just come up and state Windows IE is closing.
Then it will re start all on its own.

Is there something I can do to fix this please?

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there,

Was wanting some advise on Internet Explorer. I am running version 7 and it frequently keeps closing down and I have to start over again.

Would appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards

Andrew

Relevancy 60.63%

I downloaded IE 6 thinking it would be advantageous. Hm-m -m...
Every so often I will be in the middle of something and get this:
"IE has found it necessary to close blah-blah---we regret any inconvenience. Would you like to report this error?"

What in the deuce is this? They're not kidding, it's inconvenient! I have done a search of IE questions here and don't find a problem exactly like it. Was IE 6 made available before the bugs were out?????

A:IE 6 closing itself!

That is all MS software I am afraid and has become the status quo for the software industry. Have you tried to uninstall your IE6 installation?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-6-closing-itself.85470/
Relevancy 60.63%

Finding the programs that are activated at start up is quite straightforward - but how do you view the bells checks and whistles that occur when you close down? I ask this because recently closing down has become a very slow process and I would like to find out what is causing this. After the saving your settings message the screen freezes, mouse becomes fixed, and then after a couple of minutes the PC closes down normally. This can be annoying when you need to reboot to clear the memory, for instance. Any clues would be appreciated by this octogenerian!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-down-xp.712672/