Windows Support Forum

Macro to save data to another sheet

Q: Macro to save data to another sheet

Hi Everyone,
Iam new to this forum as well as excel. I saw a file before that had a button "Save Data" and it will save the data I wish to be saved in another worksheet and it will go down one row automatically for the next set. Somehow i managed to create a excel file with the fileds i need to input. However i am not able to complete it without the macros. Hope some one could complete this and send me the file ( i dont't know even a bit about excel ).

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Macro to save data to another sheet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 95.46%

Hi,

I need to write a macro which has to automatically fill the data written in sheet1 to sheet3.This should happen row wise.

For example if the data entered in A3 of sheet1 then this data should automatically get entered in A7 of sheet 3 upon a button press.

Advance thanks for your replies.
Sandesh K R

A:Macro to insert data entered in one sheet to another sheet

Isn't this just a copy and paste?
You could record a macro and then edit it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-to-insert-data-entered-in-one-sheet-to-another-sheet.975942/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello hopefully you guys can help me out I made a work book to stream line the paper work in my lab This work book has all the forms in together and uses a master data sheet to auto populate the fields in the various forms There is one big problem in order to be effective Macro specific to save and sheet to rename a folder as a time saver each sheet will need to be saved to its a specific directory Here is what I am looking for I would like a button on each sheet that will save the active sheet to the correct folder the file path of the folder is typed into a cell on the sheet Each file needs to be named according to the data entered into certain cells For instance A G B would come out to J VCO- xlsx I also need the quot save quot button to be deleted in the saved file This code that I found on an old thread comes very close to doing what I Macro to save sheet to a specific folder and rename need it to do Code Public Sub SaveToDir ' Dim wbk As Workbook ' CDir ActiveWorkbook Path ' SaveDir CDir amp quot quot amp ActiveSheet Range quot A quot ' 'check to see if Dir exists if not create it Could also abort if the Dir should exist If Len Dir SaveDir vbDirectory Then MkDir SaveDir End If ' 'Checks to see if the Date cell is in date format If IsDate ActiveSheet Range quot B quot Then SaveName ActiveSheet Range quot A quot amp quot quot amp Application Text ActiveSheet Range quot B quot quot DD-MMM-YYYY quot amp quot xlsx quot Else SaveName ActiveSheet Range quot A quot amp quot quot amp ActiveSheet Range quot B quot amp quot xlsx quot End If ' 'Check to see if the file already exists If Len Dir SaveDir amp quot quot amp SaveName vbDirectory gt Then Resp MsgBox quot File name quot amp SaveName amp vbCrLf amp vbCrLf amp quot already exists in quot amp vbCrLf amp vbCrLf amp SaveDir amp vbCrLf amp vbCrLf amp quot Press Okay to continue Cancel to abort quot vbOKCancel End If ' If Resp vbCancel Then Exit Sub Else ' Check to see if the file is open For Each wbk In Workbooks If wbk Name SaveName Then Resp MsgBox SaveName amp quot is open Press OK to close the file or Cancel to abort quot vbOKCancel If Resp vbOK Then Application DisplayAlerts False Workbooks SaveName Close Else Exit Sub End If End If Next End If ' Application DisplayAlerts False ' Sheets quot Cape Nelson quot Copy 'Moves Sheet only to a new file ActiveSheet Shapes quot Button quot Cut 'cut out the button in the new file ActiveWorkbook SaveAs Filename SaveDir amp quot quot amp SaveName FileFormat xlOpenXMLWorkbook CreateBackup False 'Saves the new file ' ActiveWindow Close ' MsgBox quot File name quot amp SaveName amp vbCrLf amp vbCrLf amp quot has been saved to quot amp vbCrLf amp vbCrLf amp SaveDir ' Application DisplayAlerts True End Sub It was posted in this thread http forums techguy org business-applications -excel- -macro-name-save html There are a few problems with this code that i can t not seem to get to work right -- This code saves the sheet to a folder named after a cell in the form or creates one if none exists I need it to save to the folder I specify for instance quot C Users joe Desktop Lab workbook Laboratory Worksheet quot in the cell A -- The code is trying to build a file name from cells instead of -- The code is looking for a date to create the name I will not be using dates in the name -- No matter what I do I cannot seem to get it to see the button that I need removed in the saved file It keeps giving me an error saying quot Run-time error The item with the specified name wasn t found quot and quot ActiveSheet Shapes quot Button quot Cut quot is highlighted The button says quot button quot so I am not sure what is up with this one I would greatly appreciate any help on this This would be an enormous time saver in my lab nbsp

A:Macro to save sheet to a specific folder and rename

Forgot to mention that this is on Excel 2010

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-to-save-sheet-to-a-specific-folder-and-rename.1129784/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi All How will I insert Data from One sheet to another Please find attached sample file What I want is that there will two button one is quot Insert quot and other is quot Reset quot Submit button will be in quot Leave Application Form quot sheet and the quot Insert quot button will be in to with Insert One From Sheet Another Macro Data quot Update quot sheet Here you will get two sheets One is Leave Application Form and the other is quot update quot what ever data i will put in the quot Leave Application Form quot and will press the quot Insert quot button it will update the same column in quot update quot sheet if i get any duplicate entries I have no problem The no of times i will press the quot insert quot button it will update the same column in the quot Update quot sheet At last there will be an reset button which you help me to reset all the row when I want in the quot Update quot sheet What will the code for Insert Data From One Sheet to Another with Macro that Please help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Insert Data From One Sheet to Another with Macro

Hi welcome to the forum,
The code for that will be vba (macro), Have you tried anything yourself yet?
You can very simply record a macro. You start recording and follow the steps you have explained above.
Do it for one row and stop recording.
Recodor another macro for the other steps.
Open the VBA project and look at the macro's and see what was done
Then the more difficult part is program these to do it for more rows, but that is for later.
I'll check your attached file and see if I understand what you need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/insert-data-from-one-sheet-to-another-with-macro.1015140/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all,

I'm using Excel 2000 and have a sheet of data that includes a row with a cell value only every five cells. I want to take this data and create a new row on 'sheet 2'. I've attached a dummy excel sheet which should hopefully explain all. I've only ever created macros using the 'record' function which is obviously not ideal for this since the data I need to run this on includes 30,000 individuals. Any help in creating a macro for this purpose would be appreciated.

Thanks
bmb

Relevancy 83.85%

I have an excel another from based one to on sheet Macro copy data match to file that has Macro to copy data from one sheet to another based on match a sheet with pipeline information on loans sheet name is Pipeline there is a unique identifier on column D loan number in that sheet In that same excel file but a different sheet called Projections that same unique identifier loan number is on column D there are other columns with data that I would like to copy over to the Pipeline sheet from the Projections sheet based on the loan number match I would like the macro to match the loan on column D range is D D from Pipeline sheet to column D in Projection sheet same range and if found I would like to copy the contents of columns I J K and L from the Projections sheet to the same columns in the Pipeline sheet for each loan number that matches I honestly don't know where to start I usually use the macro recorder and tweak from there but the macro recorder doesn't really help you create the logic can anyone help me

A:Macro to copy data from one sheet to another based on match

Why don't you just use VLOOKUP?The basic formula for Pipeline!I2 would be as follows. Drag this down as far as required.=VLOOKUP($D2,Projections!$D$2:$L$600,6,0)For Pipeline!J2 use =VLOOKUP($D2,Projections!$D$3:$L$600,7,0)To expand on this a bit, you could put this in Pipeline!I2 and drag it both down and across to Column L.=VLOOKUP($D2,Projections!$D$2:$L$600,COLUMN()-3,0)Finally, to eliminate the #N/A error that will occur if a value isn't found on the Projections sheet, put this in Pipeline!I2 and drag it down and across.=IFNA(VLOOKUP($D2,Projections!$D$2:$L$600,COLUMN()-3,0),"Not Found")Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.message edited by DerbyDad03

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/macro-to-copy-data-from-one-sheet-to-another-based-on-match/20465.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I was given a challenge and not sure even how to start on it In Excel I have one workbook that has multiple worksheets within it another. sheet macro moves a Create time data to from that one Worksheet one called Palletizing Downtime is Create a time macro that moves data from one sheet to another. linked and feeds data from some of our equipment which populates two columns called Minutes and Times down under each shift per line example attachment This is a daily feed over and repopulates itself every day per shift What they want to happen is to have the data that is populated daily by our equipment on spreadsheet Palletizing Downtime pull over and populate into another worksheet at the end of each shift daily at a specific time so that the data is never lost First shift I need it to move over and save at pm daily shift is am daily and shift is am daily This data would be saved to the spreadsheet called A Line example attachment Can this be done Create a time macro that moves data from one sheet to another. I did try and write a macro on just one one cell with a time macro but it does not seem to work You can see that on my attachment I would appreciate any help anyone could provide nbsp

A:Create a time macro that moves data from one sheet to another.

Sounds like you have the macros you need to populate what you need. I am thinking maybe use the Task Scheduler to open the workbook at your specific times and run your macros On Workbook Open. Basically, people who use it, should not be opening the workbook around those times, and a few simple If statements to Exit Sub if current time is between 8 AM and 4 PM or 4PM and 12 AM or 12 AM and 8 AM. These would stop the execution of the Macro to Update for those times when you need to look at it and gather the info.Many issues can be encountered if a time macro is running all the time to see what time it is and most would totally prevent what you need accomplished IMHO.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/create-a-time-macro-that-moves-data-from-one-sheet-to-another.1066494/
Relevancy 82.99%

I d like the macro to perform an automatic transfer of multiple cell data to a different multiple cells in a different sheet as new info is entered daily If in Sheet JAN C data Macro sheet based to condition auto different on transfer C is equal to quot Cash Transaction quot transfer the cell data from Sheet Macro auto transfer data to different sheet based on condition JAN for example A B Macro auto transfer data to different sheet based on condition E and F over to Sheet Cash Acct A B C D I need Macro auto transfer data to different sheet based on condition data transferred to the next blank available row in Sheet Cash Account The available lines in Sheet Cash Acct begin at line and end at line Why won t this code work when I paste it into the JAN VB Edit Window Private Sub Worksheet Change ByVal Target As Range Dim LastRow As Integer For Each Cell In Sheets quot JAN quot Range quot C C quot If Cell Value lt gt quot Cash Transaction quot Then Exit Sub Next Cell LastRow Sheets quot Cash Acct quot Range quot A quot End xlUp Row If LastRow lt Then LastRow If LastRow gt Then x MsgBox quot Can t copy beyond Row quot Exit Sub End If Sheets quot Cash Acct quot Cells LastRow Value Sheets quot JAN quot Range quot A quot Value Sheets quot Cash Acct quot Cells LastRow Value Sheets quot JAN quot Range quot B quot Value Sheets quot Cash Acct quot Cells LastRow Value Sheets quot JAN quot Range quot E quot Value Sheets quot Cash Acct quot Cells LastRow Value Sheets quot JAN quot Range quot F quot Value End Sub nbsp

A:Macro auto transfer data to different sheet based on condition

Hi and welcome to TSG Forums!

What do you mean by "won't work"? Not doing anything at all? Or doing something but not what is expected?
Anyway, my suggestions to you are:

1. Run this code:

Code:
Sub test()
MsgBox Application.EnableEvents
End Sub

If it returns False, then all Event Handler subroutines are disabled, so the code you wrote is not executed at all. Default value of EnableEvents is True, and it should reset at each restart of Excel.

2. Place a breakpoint at this code line:

Code:
For Each Cell In Sheets("JAN").Range("C32:C90")
Placing a breakpoint: set the cursor on the desired lint then press F9.
When the code is executed for the next time, it will stop at the breakpoint. Hit F8 repeatedly to maintain a step-by-step code execution. This way you'll see what is happening really.

3. Declare all your variables.

Code:
Dim LastRow As Long, Cell As Range, x As Long
4. Variable "x" is, actually, not needed.

Code:
use
MsgBox "Can't copy beyond Row 145."
instead of
x = MsgBox("Can't copy beyond Row 145.")

A simple rule which might have confused you: When calling a function as if it was a procedure, you don't use parentheses. E.g.
myFunction Argument1, Argument2, Argument3
vs.
Variable = myFunction(Argument1, Argument2, Argument3)

5. In the code module of Sheet 'JAN' you don't need to write it out explicitly, you can refer to it a Me, or leave reference altogether. E.g.

Code:
Sheets("JAN").Range("A9").Value
is equivalent with
Me.Range("A9").Value
or
Range("A9").Value
6. Continuous range of cells can be copied simply in one step.

Code:
Sheets("JAN").Range("A9:F9").Copy
Sheets("Cash Acct").Cells(LastRow, 1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False
HTH

Jimmy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-auto-transfer-data-to-different-sheet-based-on-condition.780955/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey everyone I was wondering if anybody on these forums could help me with the below task I run a backup program that generates email reports to a subfolder in my Outlook every - hours to tell me the status of every backup job that I have set up and have running The email details the job name the job start time and the job status running completed successfully failed missed cancelled etc At the moment I sift through each and every one of these emails I have over backup jobs per day and enter the relevant data manually Excel Outlook to data sheet into Run selected on pull macro into my excel spreadsheet The spreadsheet looks like the following Job name Monday st Oct Tuesday nd Oct Wednesday rd Oct Thursday th Oct Job xxx SUCCESS SUCCESS FAILED FAILED Job Run macro on Outlook to pull selected data into Excel sheet yyy SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS RUNNING Job zzz MISSED MISSED CANCELLED SUCCESS What I amp d like is to automate this process so that each day perhaps every hours a script would run that would search for certain values within each email I receive and update the excel sheet accordingly Example - Monday st Oct am amp email comes into inbox with subject body containing amp Job xxx has started amp gt gt gt gt update Excel sheet to record RUNNING under column amp Monday amp in row titled job xxx - Monday st Oct pm amp email comes into inbox with subject body containing amp job xxx completed successfully amp gt gt gt gt update Excel sheet to record SUCCESS still under column amp Monday amp row titled job xxx - As soon as it turns Tuesday whatever emails come into the inbox relating to the specific job the status is recorded in the relevant cell under the column amp Tuesday amp The job names do NOT change amp i e I will always have jobs with the same name running each and every day The emails I receive Run macro on Outlook to pull selected data into Excel sheet contain the following - Subject gt contains the job name job xxx job yyy job zzz - Body gt contains the job status text within the body contains values such as amp the job completed successfully amp or amp the job failed amp - Body gt contains job details amp i e if a job fails it gives an error code I amp d like to include these within the cell when the job fails amp e g amp Failed with error code amp Also do the emails need to be post-processed i e deleted or moved to a different folder once the script has run in order to differentiate between emails containing a new job status and older emails i e it won amp t run the email at am saying amp job started amp again if a more recent email with the same job name has come in with amp job completed successfully amp Now if this script was to run every day of the year it amp d run up a lot of columns within the sheet so is there a way to archive columns For example each month the populated columns for the month from Oct st to Oct st can be moved to another sheet with name amp backupsjobs october amp I amp d really appreciate any help I can get with this If you need any more info please let me know Thanks ever so much for your help Joe nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/run-macro-on-outlook-to-pull-selected-data-into-excel-sheet.1075419/
Relevancy 80.41%

I need a visual basic macro for excel that will do the following From sheet ColumnA Select rows until sheet columnA value does not start with REC as the no of rows is unbalanced sometimes rows sometimes rows sometimes rows etc copy selected rows and transpose to sheet columnA to however many rows were selected Repeat until end for 2002 to in new Visual columns Excel data unbalanced Basic rows sheet using Macro last row My real table has rows and the rows are unbalanced I am attaching a test file Please help me and thank you for your support and time Tech Support Guy System Info Utility Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD G M -L V MS- Antivirus None nbsp

A:Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data

Can you also attach a second workbook showing how the data should appear after the macro is run?

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/visual-basic-macro-for-excel-2002-columns-to-rows-in-new-sheet-using-unbalanced-data.1080037/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi there,

Here is what I want to do with my current excel file:
Click Save button to save all required data to another sheet
The number highlighted in reed need to be auto increment (+1) each time save button is click
Then the file will save as a new excel file with the form number (SRF-ABC-1001-14.xls)
And clear the current form and exit excel

Please refer my attached file for the sample what I want to do.

Please note the number highlighted in red should be auto increment number, once click save button, the file will automatic save as a new excel with the Form name.

Thank you so much for your help and time reading this.

A:vba to save file as a new file and record data into existing data sheet

anyone able to assist me?

I'm looking forward to learn hence I appreciate each code have a comment on top of it and provide me some samples of code and I'll workout the rest.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vba-to-save-file-as-a-new-file-and-record-data-into-existing-data-sheet.1134334/
Relevancy 76.97%

I need to copy n number of rows from a sheet in my local machine to a sheet in fileserver.
My requirement is - if I select last 2 rows in the sheet in my local machine I need the rows to be copied after the first blank cell in the sheet in fileserver.
Also it would be helpful if the macro code is only in the local sheet and not in the fileserver sheet.

I am a newbie to macros pls help....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-to-copy-rows-from-a-sheet-in-local-machine-to-a-sheet-in-lan.982268/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

I am trying to classify and code my inventory items in excel.
My classification sheet contains data in columns which I would like to copy to rows in another excel sheet.
Here is the sample data in ACMOTORS-ATTRIBUTES sheet:

The above sheet has to be converted to columns as in Item_Classificatios_Form sheet :

Can anybody assist me in writing a macro for the same.

Thanks,
mihaufo

A:Solved: Excel Macro to convert Rows from one sheet to columns in another sheet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-to-convert-rows-from-one-sheet-to-columns-in-another-sheet.1045277/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I am looking for help on VBA to unhide a then Unhide Solved: macro, run sheet, hide to sheet specific sheet to enable the macro to run then once complete to rehide the sheet Code I have so far is as Solved: Unhide sheet, to run macro, then hide sheet follows Application ScreenUpdating False Sheets quot IRIS JNL W quot Select Range quot A Solved: Unhide sheet, to run macro, then hide sheet C quot Delete Sheets quot IRIS JNL W quot Select Range quot A quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot W - R C - W - R C quot Range quot B quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot W - R C quot Range quot C quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot quot quot W - - Jnl No quot quot amp W - R C - quot Range quot A quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot W - R C - W - R C quot Range quot B quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot W - R C quot Range quot C quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot IF W - R C - quot quot quot quot IRIS JNL W R - C quot quot W - Jnl No quot quot amp W - R C - quot Range quot A C quot Select Selection AutoFill Destination Range quot A C quot Type xlFillDefault Range quot A C quot Select Last Cells Rows Count quot A quot End xlUp Row For i Last To Step - If Cells i quot A quot Value quot quot Then Cells i quot A quot EntireRow Delete End If Next i Columns quot A C quot Select Selection Copy Selection PasteSpecial Paste xlPasteValues Operation xlNone SkipBlanks False Transpose False Columns quot A A quot Select Application CutCopyMode False Selection NumberFormat quot quot ActiveWorkbook Sheets quot IRIS JNL W quot Copy Application ScreenUpdating True End sub The sheet I want to unhide and then hide on completion is quot IRIS JNL W quot Also How do I sheets quot IRIS JNL W quot to sheet As sheet name may change and I want it to be dynamic Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Unhide sheet, to run macro, then hide sheet

to hide
worksheets ("IRIS_JNL_W2.1").Visible=False

to show
worksheets ("IRIS_JNL_W2.1").Visible=True

Peace be upon you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unhide-sheet-to-run-macro-then-hide-sheet.901219/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi I have data How sheet find and i can sheet alternate in copy to a a sheet that can have a varying amount of sheets I am trying to do a macro that will search all sheets from sheet to last sheet and How can i find data in a sheet and copy to alternate sheet find any rows with data that How can i find data in a sheet and copy to alternate sheet have a value in column R that has a value above Once this data is found then it needs to be copied to the next empty row on a separate sheet below is the code I have put together but is does not work Dim WS Count As Integer Dim I As Integer Dim cel As Range rng As Range Dim LastRow As Long Dim emptyRow As Long Dim iRow As Long Set ws Worksheets Residual Risk WS Count ActiveWorkbook Worksheets Count For I To WS Count ' LastRow Sheets I Cells Rows Count A End xlUp Row Set rng Sheets I Range r r LastRow For Each cel In rng If UCase cel Value Then 'Make Sheet active Sheets Residual Risk Activate 'Determine emptyRow iRow How can i find data in a sheet and copy to alternate sheet ws Cells Find What SearchOrder xlRows SearchDirection xlPrevious LookIn xlValues Row 'Transfer information ws Cells iRow Value Sheets I Range B ' topic Cells iRow Value Sheets I Cells B 'event topic ws Cells iRow Value Sheets I Cells cel ' risk Cells iRow Value Sheets I Cells cel ' who Cells iRow Value Sheets I Cells cel ' design controls Cells iRow Value Sheets I Cells cel ' residual controls Cells iRow Value Sheets I Cells cel ' residual likliehood Cells iRow Value Sheets I Cells cel ' Residual severity Cells iRow Value Sheets I Cells cel ' residual risk Cells iRow Value Sheets I Cells cel formula IF E lt Trivial IF E lt Acceptable IF E lt Moderate IF E lt Substantial IF E lt Intolerable ' comment Cells iRow Value Sheets I Cells cel ' comments Sheets Input Sheet Activate '------------------------------------ End If Next cel Next I MsgBox The document has derived the residual risks Application ScreenUpdating True Sheets Input Sheet Activate End Sub Also the line with Cells iRow value has a formula I want to past into the cell excel will not let me Please help this has had me stumped for ages

A:How can i find data in a sheet and copy to alternate sheet

re: "I have a sheet that can have a varying amount of sheets."You can't have a sheet with varying amounts of sheets. I assume you have a workbook with varying amounts sheets.re: "below is the code I have put together but is does not work."Please keep in mind that we cannot see your workbook from where we are sitting. What do you mean by it "does not work"? Is it giving you an error message? Is it not copying the rows you want copied? Is it not finding the values you want found? Etc.We need some more details before we can offer any assistance.re:" also the line withCells(iRow, 10).value "Your code shows you setting the value of that cell equal to the value of a different cell's formula and then setting the whole thing equal to a different formula. Not only won't that work, it doesn't even make sense. What are you trying to do with that instruction?Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-can-i-find-data-in-a-sheet-and-copy-to-alternate-sheet/20394.html
Relevancy 70.52%

hello everyone,

i would like to ask for help,

i already made a macro for mac excel 2011, the macro is only move and copy an active worksheet to the last position of sheets.

however, i found something wierd, suddenly there is code inside the new sheet module. the code is

'True
End

this code makes me un able to run macro anymore, but after i remove that code, i can run again the macro.

could any one help me regarding this problem?

Thankss...

the code i was using as follow

sub test123()

activesheet.copy after:= sheets(sheets.count)

End Sub

A:un able run macro in 2011 after adding new sheet by macro

Are you sure thes isn't any code in the source sheet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/un-able-run-macro-in-2011-after-adding-new-sheet-by-macro.984985/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I have an application called BT Billing Analyst. This application has an option to open a report in Excel.

When I used Excel 2007 the report data opened in sheet 1 of an Excel workbook and some information on the report was put on sheet 2.

I recently upgraded to Excel 2013 and now when I open the report in Excel the report data is populated on sheet one but after that the first 25 lines get overwritten by the information that should go to sheet 2.

Is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks
Paul

A:Excel - Sheet 2 data getting written to sheet 1

You may have to go to the BT Billing vendor to resolve this. Perhaps an updated version is available. 2007 is xml based like 2013 so I am surprised there is a conflict. But I don't think there is anything in Excel you can do to resolve.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-sheet-2-data-getting-written-to-sheet-1.1116974/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi again,

So I copied the code from http://forums.techguy.org/business-a...heet-easy.html to get my link to go back to the previous active sheet.

I would like an ammendment that allows the link to go back to not only the previous sheet, but also the previous cell where the hyperlink you clicked on to navigate away from the first sheet was located. In effect, when you returned via the macro described in the link above, you would know where you clicked because the cell would be highlighted.

Any help on what changes need to be made so that this can be done would be greatly appreciated.

-CG

A:Solved: Macro add-on, previous sheet to previous sheet and cell

Hi,

When you left the "Last Active Sheet" you were active in a cell when you left that sheet. Now when you click the button to take you back to the last sheet you will already be active in the last cell you were on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-macro-add-on-previous-sheet-to-previous-sheet-and-cell.1038088/
Relevancy 67.08%

EMP pull another data to from one sheet sheet NO PAN NO AJTPS JMONTH YEAR TOTAL Gross salary Income Govt Ontribution to NPS HRA Exemption pull data from one sheet to another sheet Transport Allowance Total Income Total Professional Tax Interest on Hsg Loan Income From Other Source Int on NSC BANK Dep UTI Share Gross Total Income Ded under Ch VI-A of Sect Sec- -CCC etc Total ExemptionEMP NO PAN NO AKSPK NMONTH YEAR TOTAL Gross salary Income Govt Ontribution to NPS HRA Exemption Transport Allowance Total Income Total Professional Tax Interest on Hsg Loan Income From Other Source Int on NSC BANK Dep UTI Share Gross Total Income Ded under Ch VI-A of Sect Sec- -CCC etc Total pull data from one sheet to another sheet ExemptionEMP NO PAN NO AOHPD KMONTH YEAR TOTAL Gross salary Income Govt Ontribution to NPS HRA Exemption Transport Allowance Total Income Total Professional Tax Interest on Hsg Loan Income From Other Source Int on NSC BANK Dep UTI Share Gross Total Income Ded under Ch VI-A of Sect Sec- -CCC etc Total ExemptionEMP NO PAN NO AOPPD NMONTH YEAREMP CODE NAME R R GORAKHIA T P NAIR P SUNDARESWARAN N M SHIRKE S G PEDAMKAR V B ADVANI M J SHAHAKAR SAVITHRI Semp code should be filled with new emp code digit where emp code exist in another sheet one by onemessage edited by deepak

A:pull data from one sheet to another sheet

Deepak,firstly please use the pre tags when posting code or structure of your sheets, this allows us to understand how your data is set out.Read thishttp://www.computing.net/howtos/sho...Also include the sheet names for each set of data. Finally rather than telling us what you want, it would be much better is you explain to us what you are trying to achieve and maybe we can help. from what you have posted above I don't understand what you are asking us.....message edited by AlwaysWillingToLearn

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/pull-data-from-one-sheet-to-another-sheet/20428.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Is it possible to have a macro run on sheet 1 then automatically take the user to sheet 2 when complete?

I thought this would be simple but can't seem to find it. Maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing...

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi there I don t have enough experience in VBA excel or word and would you mind helping for the following Q The below macro code add row below the last row And Would Data to sheet as Form Excel data doc as Import Entry database from word you mind telling me what is the Import data from word doc as Data Entry Form to Excel sheet as database code that can add row for word document table between the last row and the row before the last ActiveDocument Tables Rows Add Q My second question is related to export import between two different programs or files Excel and word document Would you mind providing me the proper code for Wordtable copy Workbook xls - sheet past speical value Suppose the word tables excel workbookD sheet are as follow Table in word document -------------------- Cell - Cell Cell - Cell -------------------- Table in Word document ------------------------------------ Cell - Cell - Cell Cell - Cell - Cell ------------------------------------ WorkbookD xls Sheet Rows Column A B C D wt Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell How I write a macro to make the value or text in Cell in word table to be copied and past in Cell A in sheet of WorkbookD xls and the value or text of the range from Cell to Cell of table or word doc to be copied and past in sheet of WorkbookD xls from range B for n rows in table and table of word doc Thanks Hamdy quot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-data-from-word-doc-as-data-entry-form-to-excel-sheet-as-database.886270/
Relevancy 64.07%

I need to create a macro that when run accomplishes the following Creates a new sheet and names it the same as the value of the currently active cell in the current worksheet in add Macro to new a Excel sheet The macro should only work when Sheet is active and only if the active cell is within a range Macro to add a new sheet in Excel in column A e g gt A If a sheet of the intended name already exists then it should display an Error Message The new sheet should actually be a copy of sheet Example Sheet Test List Sheet Blank Test Form If I enter in Col A Row on sheet and then run the macro via a button it should copy Sheet into the workbook giving it a name of Test If poss I d like it to create the new sheet and place it alphabetically along the sSheet names at the bottom of the workbook One for XLGURU please Thanks Hew PS I am about to start a VBA course so this will help me nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I have built a small simple Macro in Excel which simply un-protects a sheet copies and pastes some data from another sheet and then re-protects the sheet However when I run the Macro a prompt asking for a password to un-protect the sheet is asked which is fine then the copy and paste happens however I am not asked to enter a password to re-protect the sheet When I exit the via Excel Sheet Re-Protecting Macro Macro the sheet appears to be protected however simply selecting the un-protect sheet option will un-protect it without prompting for a password Is there something I m missing I wish to re-protect the sheet where a password is required Code Sub Macro Sheets Re-Protecting Excel Sheet via Macro quot Old quot Select ActiveSheet Unprotect Sheets quot Totals quot Select Range quot A S Re-Protecting Excel Sheet via Macro quot Select Selection Copy Sheets quot Old quot Select Range quot A quot Select Selection PasteSpecial Paste xlPasteValues Operation Re-Protecting Excel Sheet via Macro xlNone SkipBlanks False Transpose False Application CutCopyMode False ActiveSheet Protect DrawingObjects True Contents True Scenarios True End Sub Any help would be gratefully received thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/re-protecting-excel-sheet-via-macro.97471/
Relevancy 63.21%

I scanned a spread sheet into an excel document, but the columns did not line up correctly. The file has 1400 rows, so it' big. Unfortunately, some name and addresses were broken up into two cells, one on top another. I need to take the information in the bottom cell and bring it up to the top cell. Also, sometimes, it may have taken the address and divided it over (3) cells (see NOBLE ROYALIES).

any help with this would be greatly appreciated. i've attached a piece of the spreadsheet in the attached file.

thanks.

A:need macro to clean up spread sheet

Simple brute force will do this for you.
For your worksheet - remember to try this in a copy - not the real one -
replace the "25" in the For loops with your last row number + 1 before you test it (like 1401).
No doubt there are prettier ways to get the job done, but done is done just the same.

Sub Combine()

For i = 2 To 25
Range("A" & i).Select
If ActiveCell = "" Then
If ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0) = "" Then
ActiveCell.Offset(-2, 1) = ActiveCell.Offset(-2, 1) & " " & ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1)
ActiveCell.Offset(-2, 2) = ActiveCell.Offset(-2, 2) & " " & ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2)
ActiveCell.Offset(-2, 3) = ActiveCell.Offset(-2, 3) & " " & ActiveCell.Offset(0, 3)
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 1) = ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 1) & " " & ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1)
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 2) = ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 2) & " " & ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2)
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 3) = ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 3) & " " & ActiveCell.Offset(0, 3)

End If
Next i

For i = 25 To 2 Step -1
Range("A" & i).Select
If ActiveCell = "" Then ActiveCell.EntireRow.Delete
Next i

End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-macro-to-clean-up-spread-sheet.1072375/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi
Thank you very much in advance!!! I am trying to copy down the values from a different sheet called (tester) to a sheet called (copy to upload WS). I want the values from column G2 until the end of the data (the length varies month to month) from sheet (tester) to sheet (copy to upload WS) pasting starting from D13 until the end of the data.
I also want the same scenario except for (tester) column I2 till end of data pasted to sheet (copy to upload WS) column G13 till end of data.
Is it possible to combine both of these into one macro? As I mentioned the length of the data changes for both of these columns.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-to-copy-info-from-one-sheet-to-another.980203/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I'm trying to write a macro with below codings Facing some difficulties please help me to proceed further Requirement Need to allow the user to edit objects format cells in a protected cell All cells Did the changes in Review protect sheet Allow all users of this work sheet to Format cells Edit objects Objective of this macro is Multiple users will make start A column end time B column Not let the user to make any changes in A B column Both are protected Its working fine in the first instance Once i click start end time changes in Review protect sheet Allow all users of this work sheet to Format cells Edit objects going back to same position that users can not make any modifications Sub Button Click If Not Intersect ActiveCell Range A B Is Nothing Then ActiveSheet Unprotect Password XXX ActiveCell FormulaR C Now ActiveSheet Protect Password XXX Else MsgBox This is not the correct cell End IfEnd Sub

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-write-macro-for-protected-excel-sheet/20633.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I have a workbook that has two sheets On the first sheet is a list of approximately text strings i e customer is not happy not negotiable no one cares etc The second sheet has multiple columns from A EF and approximately rows The data I am searching for is in column J Notes on the second sheet I am looking for a to copy Macro paste and find, new to sheet macro that will do the following Copy the headers from the second sheet to a brand new worksheet then Search through the second sheet in column J Notes for Macro to find, copy and paste to new sheet all of the multiple text strings that are listed on the first sheet A then When a match is found copy and paste that Entire Row to the brand new worksheet Macro to find, copy and paste to new sheet created in step one on the next blank line on the third worksheet I need this macro to be able to be assigned to a search button and run from the first worksheet that contains the text strings I also need to be able to ADD to the list of text strings should we discover that we missed one I really appreciate any help provided Macro to find, copy and paste to new sheet Thank You all very much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-to-find-copy-and-paste-to-new-sheet.1163964/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I'm trying to write a macro with below codings Facing some difficulties please help me to proceed further Requirement Need to allow the user to edit objects format cells in macro protected write for to excel sheet? How a protected cell All cells Did the changes in Review protect sheet Allow all users of this work sheet to Format cells Edit objects Objective of this How to write macro for protected excel sheet? macro is Multiple users will make start A column end How to write macro for protected excel sheet? time B column Not let the user to make any changes in A B column Both are protected Its working fine in the first instance Once i click start end time changes in Review protect sheet Allow all users of this work sheet to Format cells Edit objects going back to same position that users can not make any modifications Sub Button Click If Not Intersect ActiveCell Range A B Is Nothing Then ActiveSheet Unprotect Password XXX ActiveCell FormulaR C Now ActiveSheet Protect Password XXX Else MsgBox This is not the correct cell End IfEnd Sub

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/how-to-write-macro-for-protected-excel-sheet/19682.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,I have a same situation in the sheet1 contain the list of Block name (total 341), and in the second sheet the addresses (total over 10000), is it possible to mark red each cell in block sheet that occurs in address sheet. but the block name should be exactly match with the word in the address.for example block name: "Chanditala"in address : 116,Chanditala,Kolkata Pin:700053 need to highlight RED if block sheet if it is present in the address(exact)

A:excel macro: how to find word one sheet to another

Like I said, a simple macro does the trick:
Sub RedBlock()
'Loop through Sheet1 A2:A341
For Each b_cell In Sheets(1).Range("A2:A341")
'Search Sheet2 A2:A1000 for Block
With Sheets(2).Range("A2:A10000")
Set b = .Find(b_cell, lookat:=xlPart)
'If Block is found, color Sheet1 cell Red
If Not b Is Nothing Then
Sheets(1).Range(b_cell.Address).Interior.ColorIndex = 3
End If
End With
Next
End Sub
The only issue would be if the address cell contains words like "Chanditalao" or "kChanditala". Since those words contain "Chanditala", they would be considered a match. There is an easy fix for that, but I didn't include it just to keep the code simple. If that fix is required, replace this instruction:Set b = .Find(b_cell, lookat:=xlPart)with this:Set b = .Find("," & b_cell & ",", lookat:=xlPart)That instruction ensures that the search string (the Block) contains a leading and trailing comma, just like in your address string example.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.message edited by DerbyDad03

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/excel-macro-how-to-find-word-one-sheet-to-another/19758.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello All First post I hope I am not out of line asking this So here is what I am trying to accomplish I have a workbook that has multiple sheets One of these sheets I want to act as a data entry sheet where information will get posted saved to another sheet in the same workbook based on a drop down selection made on the data entry sheet a on to store Needed sheet specified information Macro The information is basically daily operations data for multiple sites across the country So users will open the workbook post their information on the data entry worksheet title Post Data Macro Needed to store information on a specified sheet and then press a button Macro Needed to store information on a specified sheet run a macro to post save that information with formatting on their site s worksheet of choices labeled by location such as ATL BAL CAM etc in the next available row I am a HUGE novice when it comes to creating macros and appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this Please let me know if you need more information nbsp

A:Macro Needed to store information on a specified sheet

Hi welcome to the forum,
Macro's are not all the difficult, what they do is just carry our instructions as they are passed to it.
You could, if you want to learn something about macros, start by recording one.
What I suggest is you fill in the 'form sheet', once it's complete you start recording a macro and then just do what you you do manually, when completed you stop te 'recorder'.
If you open the VBa editot Alt + F11 you can see what it does, this will only owrk once but you hava a basic idea of what can be doen.
I would like to help you but then I would like you to attach a sample of the file you already have and with some dummy data.
I also suggest you mention which version of Excel you're using too, that's quite important too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-needed-to-store-information-on-a-specified-sheet.1127306/
Relevancy 62.78%

I ll try to be as descriptive as possible Current Status I have an excel file with two sheets sheet and sheet Column quot A quot will have lots of data Some rows in column quot A quot or the first cell for that row will have the word quot Directory quot Intent I need to search sheet Simple Another one to Excel from to Copy Macro Row Sheet only in column quot A quot for the row that contains the word quot Directory quot and copy that whole row onto sheet in the same row Continue doing that until it completes through all of the rows Example Data Before sheet Row Column A Column B Column C blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Directory cool text huh blah blah blah blah blah blah sheet Row Column A Row Column A Column B Column C blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Action Column quot A quot find quot Directory quot Copy Row to sheet Simple Excel Macro to Copy Row from one Sheet to Another After sheet Row Column A blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Directory cool text huh blah blah blah blah blah blah nbsp

A:Simple Excel Macro to Copy Row from one Sheet to Another

"copy that whole row onto sheet1 in the same row"

Do you mean like this?

(make sure what you already have is "safe" before you try, obviously)

Sub test()
If ActiveSheet.Name <> "Sheet2" Then Exit Sub
LastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For Each Cell In Range("A1:A" & LastRow)
If InStr("Directory", Cell.Value) <> 0 Then
x = Cell.Row
Rows(x).Copy
Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(x, 1).Insert Shift:=xlDown
End If
Next Cell
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simple-excel-macro-to-copy-row-from-one-sheet-to-another.852112/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,

I need a macro that would check ceckboxes, and if there value is true, copies cells (that the checkbox is linked to) to another sheet.

Help much appreaciated.

Relevancy 61.92%

New to Excel Macros tried this from a thread from worked very multiple sheet column Macro (same to rows t copy new value) well Only thing is in my worksheets I have multiple rows with the same column value I need to copy and paste them all into sheet and then move on Macro t copy multiple rows (same column value) to new sheet to the next gene and so on Sub GeneFinder Dim srchLen gName nxtRw As IntegerDim g As Range'Clear Sheet and Copy Column Headings Sheets Cells ClearContents Sheets Rows Copy Destination Sheets Rows 'Determine length of Search Column from Sheet srchLen Sheets Range A Rows Count End xlUp Row'Loop through list in Sheet Column A As each value is'found in Sheet Column I copy it to the next row in Sheet With Sheets Columns I For gName To srchLen Set g Find Sheets Range A gName lookat xlWhole If Not g Is Nothing Then nxtRw Sheets Range D Rows Count End xlUp Row g EntireRow Copy Destination Sheets Range A nxtRw End If Next End WithEnd SubAnyone out there that can help Thank you

A:Macro t copy multiple rows (same column value) to new sheet

First, may I request that you click on the blue line at the bottom of this post and read the instructions related to posting VBA code in this forum. Please keep those instructions in mind the next time you post VBA code. Thanks!As for your question, this thread contains the solution.http://www.computing.net/answers/of...In addition, this How To should help you write and debug VBA code. If you are going to be writing/editing VBA code, these techniques can be extremely helpful.http://www.computing.net/howtos/sho...The infamous blue line:Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/macro-t-copy-multiple-rows-same-column-value-to-new-sheet/20055.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I am working on a handful of spreadsheets that have to be printed just before an event. The number of copies for each sheet is variable.

What I'd like to do is have a setup sheet that shows the number of copies for each sheet with a print button. I'm not very savy with Excel VBA, although very comfy with Access VBA. I'm having trouble figuring out how to obtain the values from each of the cells in the sheet for VBA to print each of the sheets.

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,

I am working in Excel (Hyperion essbase) where I am retreiving data from a number of sheets. I want to exclude a specific sheet in my workbook by it's sheetname (and not by countposition as I know I can use in this specific case by putting the sheet for instance last). The sheet I want to exclude is named "TOT" Here is my code that I thought would work but it still includes sheet "TOT" when running the macro:

Month = InputBox("YTD month?")
For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count
If Sheets(i).Visible And TypeName(Sheets(i)) <> "TOT" Then
Sheets(i).Select
ActiveSheet.Range("B7:C7").Value = "Y-T-D(FY09 " & Month & ")"
Columns("A:C").Select
EssMenuVRetrieve
End If
Next

Thanks!

/Daniel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-vb-how-to-exclude-a-specific-sheet-in-macro.807756/
Relevancy 61.92%

I found this code in this forum.
i want to add recipient as CC or BCC. What is the correct code for that?
Thanks in advance!

Code:
Public Sub email()

Dim SubJ, Recip As String

SubJ = "Enter your suject"
Recip = "[email protected]"

ThisWorkbook.SendMail Recip, SubJ

msgbox "Email Sent"

End Sub

Relevancy 61.92%

I m new to macros and struggling I have a daily list of stock used I ve written a macro that will add a new sheet auto numbered What I can t do is figure out how to take the totals from quot Day quot and put them in the quot Stock Used To Date quot row on quot Day quot I can write the macro to specifically copy the data from sheet quot Day quot to quot Day quot but what happens when I need to update quot Day quot There must be a way to refer to the current Solved: reference previous to sheet Excel Macro how - sheet number - Here s the example Sub AddYesterdaysTotals Define which sheet we are on Sheets quot DAY quot Select AddYesterdaysTotals Macro Macro recorded by ActiveCell FormulaR C quot DAY R C quot Range quot B Solved: Excel Macro - how to reference previous sheet quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot DAY R C quot Range quot C quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot DAY R C quot Range quot D quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot DAY R C quot Range quot G quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot DAY R C quot Range quot H quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot DAY R C quot Range quot I quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot DAY R C quot Range quot L quot Select End Sub Any suggestions would be very gratefully Solved: Excel Macro - how to reference previous sheet received Thanks Riebe nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I ve got three sheets in a workbook The following macro will work on the first sheet when I open the workbook but will not work when I switch to either of the other sheets I ve tried by putting the macro in quot this workbook quot in each sheet and in all four places What I want is the macro to freeze row at A so I can see the headings and bring up the next clear row to about a third down from the top where I can enter data That s what the End xlUp etc and SmallScroll Down etc is all about I randomly picked A because it s below any data Private Sub Workbook Open Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In Me Worksheets Application Goto Reference quot R C quot ActiveCell Offset Range quot A quot Select ActiveWindow FreezePanes True Application Goto Reference quot R C quot Selection End xlUp Select ActiveWindow SmallScroll Down ActiveCell Offset Range quot A quot Select Next ws End Sub Mike nbsp

A:Solved: auto running a macro when opening a sheet

1. In ThisWorkbook is correct, but you're using the wrong event.

2. I don't know if this can be an "exact science".

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
On Error Resume Next
Range("A5").Select
ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True
x = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
Range("A" & x + 1).Select
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=x / 30
End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-auto-running-a-macro-when-opening-a-sheet.887605/
Relevancy 61.92%

What is the macro to print out an active sheet in excel? What I am wanting to do is run a report that will update info and print it out from a different sheet in the same workbook.

A:Solved: print active sheet macro in excel

Worksheets(1).PrintOut where 1 is the index number of the sheet

or

Sheets("Sheet1").PrintOut

or

ActiveSheet.PrintOut

Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-print-active-sheet-macro-in-excel.391361/
Relevancy 61.92%

After upgrading from Win tabs Excel sheet Macro longer names no K to Win XP Pro and Office XP to Office some of my Excel macros that fetche data from Factset in a batch and create multiple sheets no longer rename the sheet tabs on one of the PCs I use at work The other PCs with the same upgrade do not have this problem The tabs are supposed to be renamed with the descriptive data from respective sheets These macros were created over years ago and it was the first time that it failed Another VB based application built by Factset in which uses Factset s Script function to fetch data from its PA application and export the results to Excel also is having seemingly related problem The process is supposed to create multiple reports and export them on separate sheets in Excel Macro no longer names sheet tabs the same workbook However even though the reports ran through and created a big file it ended deleting all the other sheets except the last one with a tab name quot Sheet x quot What could be the possible sources for this problem and how canI get around it Thanks ftgml nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi everyone I am having a problem and for ease of reading I will expose my problem by topics The first three topics explain how the worksheet is organized and Insert in sheet row a of a new - a Macro specific diff place the others what I want to do i Basically I have like a main sheet with all staff expenses and it is organized in columns and around rows The columns are staff with the staff names like Michael Expense code like S P-Taxi Staff RC like M BRC like Description like Professor Expense date like - - and Gross Expense Macro - Insert a new row in a specific place of a diff sheet like ii This main sheet is also organized by groups and sub-groups There are two hierarchy levels for groups For instance imagine that Michael have more than one expense code so Michael is a group with many expense codes inside like S P - Taxi S P - Meals and S P - Other transports Now each sub-group can have more than one line associated with and these lines are filled with the respective information see next schema Stafff Expense code Staff RC BRC Description Expense date Gross expense Michael S P-Taxi M Professor - - M Professor - - S P-Meals M Professor - - M Professor - - Sarah S P-Taxi M Student - - M Student - - iii In the previous example Michael and Sarah are first level groups and S P-Taxi and S P-Meals second level groups Besides this main sheet I have another sheet also organized hierarchically by groups but with more sub-levels like it will be illustrated The information on the two sheets are the same but are differently organized The second sheet is presented on the next schema Year Month Year Expense Code Staff Staff RC BRC Description Exp date GrossExp March S P-Taxi Michael M Professor - - Sarah M Student - - S P-Meals Michael M Professor - - M Professor - - July S P-Taxi Michael M Professor - - S P-Taxi Sarah M Student - - iv So when adding some new line with some new information at main sheet I want that this new info will be automatically added to the second sheet and it must be correctly organized by date The new row must be placed on the correct subgroup of the second sheet which means that it must correspond to a specific year month expense code and person Each new row must be organized by date Note that I have information for all months of and Do you have any idea how can I do this I think that I will need to use Macros to make this thing work If you need further information please ask Thank you very much for your time and sorry for the length of this post message edited by Fredericoelho

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/macro-insert-a-new-row-in-a-specific-place-of-a-diff-sheet/20619.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I have an Excel workbook that contains two a sheets of information I have recorded a Macro that creates a third worksheet that has the same Number Excel: Solved: Stop from Sheet Macro Specifying formats amp Solved: Excel: Stop Macro from Specifying Sheet Number formulas as the first two but the data is blank i e for a user to fill in Problem is that the macro is looking for a specific sheet number to add and copy to so in VB code I have Sheets Add Sheets quot Sheet quot Select followed by various bits copied and pasted I need to stop the macro looking to create a specifically numbered sheet Otherwise if sheet were deleted the macro would stop working because the next sheet is automatically numbered sheet Also I need to be able to use the macro more than once - i e I may need to add several new sheets in a session not just one and at the moment this means the macro works once and then fails Bearing in mind that I know very little about VB what can I do Thanks -Gram- nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Guys I m after a bit of help I m working on a spreadsheet in Excel it s a sheet to monitor staff Holidays lieu days entitlement etc The basic setup is as follows the main sheet is Staff List and each Staff member will have their own sheet named as per their initials What I like to achieve is to have an fool proof button macro to automatically insert a new sheet and insert the staff members name in cell AD and name the sheet using the staff members initials and also insert a row on the Staff List sheet Solved: insert 2003 macro excel sheet row I will manually move it to the proper Solved: excel 2003 insert sheet macro location this macro is simply for the times I m not in and colleagues mess up the formulas Now the tricky bit is that there are a number of formulas on the Staff List that would need to be copied to the new row I have attached a test file to play around with for anyone who would like to Any Help suggestions much appreciated regards mad-martin nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I m new to this so any help would be appreciated My task is this - make checkboxes that would swoh only wanted rows and then copy 2007 macro rows to filtered another that excel sheet copies any wanted rows to another sheet which has a specific design So I have columns quot Description quot and quot price quot To each row I made checkboxes with macro that should remove unwanted rows using this macro Sub CheckBox Click Rows macro excel 2007 that copies filtered rows to another sheet quot quot Select If Selection EntireRow Hidden False Then Selection EntireRow Hidden True Else Selection EntireRow Hidden False End If Range quot A quot Select End Sub And this actually works to my surprise but the thing is I want to make a button that would have macro which would copy only checkboxed marked rows to another worksheet I tried to record macros but that didn t work because it seems that I have to link all checkboxes to that button and only then I ll get a result Now it copies all rows but not the marked ones SO PLEASE HEEELP ME nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi

I am using excel 2003 (version: 11.8341.8341) SP3 and created a macro to rename the active sheet:
Code:
Sub renamesheets()
Dim activesheet As String
If activesheet = "[B]Sheet01[/B]" Then
Set Sheets("[B]Sheet01[/B]").Name = "[B]qryOfficeNetForeign[/B]"
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Else: End If
End Sub
SO the active sheetname is: Sheet01 and should be renamed to qryOfficeNetForeign.

This code is not working I am wondering why...

Thanks,
Wouter

A:Solved: macro to rename active sheet in excel 2003

You don't need the SET keyword.
Code:
If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet01" Then
ActiveSheet.Name = "qryOfficeNetForeign"
End If
or
Code:
If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet01" Then
Sheets("Sheet01").Name = "qryOfficeNetForeign"
End If

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-macro-to-rename-active-sheet-in-excel-2003.1032568/
Relevancy 61.06%

I need a macro that will go through all the excel files in a directory and add a template file. Replace the template formula names with the filename on the template sheet (I can do this with a find/replace type options on the template sheeet inserted)

With 100's of files this will save a lot of time.

Next is to create a Master summary file that will copy/paste values from all the template sheets into one file.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/excel-macro-to-insert-template-sheet-to-all-files-in-directory.4065012/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

So I am trying to figure out a macro that will allow the user to click a button and return to the last active sheet.

Basically why I need this is because I have 2 separate interfaces that have links that go to the same set of sheets. Based on what interface you are using (quick or advanced) I want the "return to home" link to go back to the interface that you were previously on.

I am imagining something like If(lastactivesheet=1,link to interface1), if (lastactivesheet=2, link to interface2) else (link to interface1)

I am not great with programming so any help would be much appreciated

A:Solved: Easy Excel Macro help, return to last active sheet

Hi,
Check this link. It may answer your question.
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/546347-excel-macro-previous-worksheet-easy.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-easy-excel-macro-help-return-to-last-active-sheet.1038061/
Relevancy 60.63%

I wish to incorporate a command button onto worksheet which will lock a complete row if there is data in it and save the sheet. I am sure this will be easy for experienced VBA coders but I just cant get my head round it

A:Command to lock a row and save sheet

You can use something like this, you will need to select all cells first, right click, format cells, Protection tab and unlock all cells.Then when you click on a cell, say A7 or whatever, the code will determine which row you are on, check if there are any empty cells, and lock and password protect the sheet. You must protect the sheet for the locled cells to be uneditablePrivate Sub CommandButton21_Click()

If Application.CountA(ActiveCell.EntireRow) <> 0 Then

ActiveCell.EntireRow.Locked = True
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="test"

End If

End Sub

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/command-to-lock-a-row-and-save-sheet/20104.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Thanks for reading first of all I am not the 2007 on Excel Lists on Multiple - a Create to Criteria Sheet Based Macro most savvy person when it comes to programming I can manage my way around formulas pretty well but when it comes to VBA and macros I am utterly lost I believe I need a macro to do what I want but I have no clue where to begin I have searched forums but what I need is so complicated that I don t know where to look to find it so I thought I would ask for help I have a spreadsheet which tracks projects I am working on Right now the sheet I am working on is quot quot for example The sheet has several columns but the only columns of significance to this macro are Account Name Requested Date Urgency Excel 2007 - Macro to Create Lists on a Sheet Based on Multiple Criteria Due Date Completed Date Request Receive Complete Account and Requested Date are currently manual entries Urgency is a data validation dropdown with NORMAL RUSH and OTHER Due Date is a formula which calculates a due date based on the Urgency selected Except Other in which case I override the Due Date manually Completed Date is also a manual entry The stages are data validations which default to a blank cell and then have a Square Root sign which looks like a checkmark as the only other option Now that I have explained the source data allow me to go into detail what I would like this to do I would like to populate the first sheet of the spreadsheet with seven lists These lists would ideally tell me at what stage each project is at by account and due date The lists I have set up are in seven boxes with borders rows in each box My boxes on Sheet are Request - Late Follow up - Late Complete - Late Request Follow up Complete Ready So what I would like the macro to do is Search quot quot for a value in column A Account Name If column A has an account name next look at Completed Date to see if it has been completed If it has a value is therefore completed ignore this row If Column A has a name but there is no completed date now it gets trickier I would like it to check at what stage the project is at A checkmark means that stage is completed and it can move on to the next stage For example if all are blank it is on Request If all are checked it is Ready So now the macro can tell me at what level each project is But I also need to know which ones are late If the due date is past today s date it is late If the date is today or later it is not late Also because these lists can go on and on I want it to cut off at entries in a particular box by due date So the first due show me those Anything past that ignore As you can see this is really complicated I manage so many of this kind of project that I need a faster method to tell which ones are most important If something is Ready I need to deal with it right now as opposed to letting it sit and miss my deadline This has actually happened to me before because I lost track and it is really frustrating I know that visual aids help so I am going to attach a sample workbook demonstrating what I do and how I would like it to look If ANYONE has ANY tips on how to get this done it would be IMMENSELY helpful I m a bit overwhelmed at work and prioritizing is so important Thanks in advance to anyone willing to try and take a crack at it Have a great day PS I posted this on another forum but I have cleaned it up and made it simpler in this thread so hopefully it is actually possible to do now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2007-macro-to-create-lists-on-a-sheet-based-on-multiple-criteria.1084757/
Relevancy 59.77%

How do I save one linked sheet from an Excel document as a seperate document without it updating every time the main document is updated. Esentially, I want the seperate document to "freeze" when I save it seperately. Here is what I did - Edit - Move or Copy - Create a Copy in New Book. This workes fine - but it updates & I don't want it to. I know that when I open it, it will ask to update or not - but I am not always the person opening it - so I want that removed as an option.

Relevancy 59.77%

I have a work book with 10 sheets in it.I would like to find a way to save a sheet from it ,with out saving the whole work book.I do now you can cut ,and paste it also create a copy of it. This is what I'm talking about.this sheet has to stay in the work book. I JUST WANT A COPY OF IT EVERY TIME I SAVE THE SHEET

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,

I am new to VBA in Excel. I am trying to accomplish the following:

Have the following operation triggered by having the user click a "submit" button, then
Copy the active sheet to a new workbook
Save the new workbook to the user's desktop
Email the saved file to a standard email address, but with an editable subject line
(If it is possible to skip step 3, and still do step 4, that would be acceptable.)
I would appreciate any help that can be offered. Again, I am quite new to VBA, so simpler is better.

Thanks!

MW

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/excel-vba_copy-sheet-to-new-workbook-save-to-desktop-then-email.4068318/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I have two problems I have a lot of scanning data all date and time stamped All the scans show different status of shipped packages all shipments have unique ID but there are multiple scans data export from macro to second Solved: excel ACCESS: and Show latest data on route for all Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro of them to track the packages I want to find all the packages for which there was quot misdirected quot scan then for all of them show the scan before So the end result would be all the scans that show for each package where it was misdirected the terminal of the scan before the misdirect scan I want to automate this run queries every two hours between am and pm copy and paste all results into Excel to specified areas e g first query results to A second to A third to A etc or onto different tabs save as csv to a specific folder then send it as attachment to a given e-mail address Even partial solution can be good I only know macros somewhat not as much VBA so I tried that with the TransferSpreadsheet command but can t get it work Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-show-second-latest-data-and-export-data-to-excel-from-macro.942280/
Relevancy 58.48%

HELP PLEASE !!!!

I have attached a sample excel document
Basically each morning I receive a .txt file and I export it to excel.
I have a macro which deletes blank rows and therefore tidies the file up somewhat as the size is humungous!
There will be approximately 1000 brach i.d.'s on a daily basis within my file, but I have provided a few in the sample excel doc.
Within my attachment I have highlighted a specific branch and the information that comes with it. I only need part of the information (therefore many rows can be deleted within each branch i.d.

Please review the attached sample and keep in mind the following:

1. I need to keep the branch i.d. at the top of each section
2. I really only require the information that relates to "outstanding" and the few subsequent rows beneath

Can someone please assist??? I would be very appreciative

A:Need Help with wriitng Macro/code to rid unwanted data and retain specific data

I think this macro will work for you, though with dates involved, you never know.

BTW, I suggest that next time, Excel related threads should be started in the Business Applications section. You get help there sooner. Maybe better help as well.

Jimmy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-wriitng-macro-code-to-rid-unwanted-data-and-retain-specific-data.710324/
Relevancy 58.48%

When i export my inventory from my DB into an excel file my trailer brands are listed as they are in my DB of course But when i bulk upload them with XML feed to trailer inventory sites HTW com amp HTT com for our example here My inventory is listed on their site but it s not searchable because the brand search is a Replace with similar - sample data required Solved: Formula? Excel my data or -Macro drop down Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample menu on these sites Say i goto HTW com and do a search for Blue Ribbon trailers none of my blue ribbon trailers show up because all of Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample mine are listed as BLUE RIBBON TRAILERS LTD and the site is searching for Blue Ribbon and although they are the same trailer brand HTW com does not see them What i m looking for is maybe a Macro or even formula that once i tell it what site i m working on will go through my list and replace all my spellings with the proper ones for that site Attached is an XLS file with columns the first is my list as is from my DB the other columns are the proper spelling for each corresponding site Excel s find and replace feature is a VERY crude fix to this but since it s so time consuming it s NOT a viable solution Any takers Slurpee Zack Anyone nbsp

A:Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample

for the record, a complete solution would be GREAT, but not necessary...
I just need someone to point me in the right direction and maybe a small working sample of like 5 brands and i'll expand the list from there...

cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-or-formula-replace-my-data-with-similar-required-data-sample.974275/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello any help would be greatly appreciated I have a detailed excel sheet called quot detail quot I have other sheets called quot J quot quot J quot quot J quot quot J quot quot J quot in the same workbook The other sheets are exactly the same with headers one another sheet to from data extracting already in However quot detail quot sheet has all the detail and the quot J quot sheets are blank I need a macro in a command box that will start on line of the detail section and look in column quot D quot if either of the quot J quot s are in column D then the row will be copied cell colour turns green and pasted in one of the quot J quot sheets depending on the value This process should continue to loop until there are no more lines left in quot detail quot to copy So if D has quot J quot then the entire row should be copied from the quot detail quot sheet and pasted on the next available row on the existing extracting data from one sheet to another sheet J quot If extracting data from one sheet to another D has quot J quot then the entire row should be copied fromn the quot detail quot sheet and pasted on the next available row on the existing sheet quot J quot and so on When pasting the information the first row on all the sheets should start at row as I have formulas above row I just can extracting data from one sheet to another t get my head around how to write a macro that will perform this I have searched through different threads and tried and manipulated a few but I can t get it to work at all I think I am so frustrated after hrs that Any help will be greatly appreciated Thank you so much in advance nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,

I have a form which contains a subform which is based on a query - can anyone guide me as to how I would insert a subform which displays it's results in datasheet view (or even better a view that looks/feels like datasheet view where I can customise which columns are shown).

Many thanks and regards.

A:Subform data sheet view

baron, welcome to the Forum.
Set the subform to Continuous Mode in the Form's Default View.
Suforms in datasheet and Continuous mode can't have subforms of their own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/subform-data-sheet-view.839108/
Relevancy 57.19%

This may have been asked/answered Previously but I didnt see an answer, I know its possible to Hide/unide column's But I need to do it based on if there is a null Value. IE there are 9 columns only 1 has manditory Value, Name. In my query that pulls the data (a search Box) it pull records that dont have data in the Location field. so in my Subform frmSearchdata I want the location column hidden. Ive tried several ways of coding it in VBA and I dont get errors but it doesnt hide the columns either. Any tips?

A:Hiding a Column In a data Sheet

I see this is not your first post and of course we can all make assumptions but you know what the assume stands for.

it makes an a s s out of u and me

Leaving that for what it is, I could assume you're talking about Excel but ... further more no version of the (unknown) application mentioned which is also quite relevant due to added functionality

Maybe Excel but if could also be Access . . .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hiding-a-column-in-a-data-sheet.1056626/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a worksheet in which name is “Master” sheet where there have 26 columns of data for our office employees. In the Z column I have mentioned only status of the employee i.e. Present / Resigned & I have given formula of data validation. In this file I have another 2 sheets which is “Present” & another is “Resigned”. My query is when I will select “Present” from Z column of Master sheet only 15 columns will be copied (i.e. A to O) without header & paste it in the Present sheet in the below available row. And when I will select “Resigned” , data will be copied of A to J column & paste it in the Resigned sheet. Last it will check the duplicates & delete it form both sheets.

A:Data Update in Next Available Row in the Selected Sheet

Hi there, welcome to the board!

I will suggest you have one sheet for input and then (possibly 2 sheets for) an output. Sounds like a PivotTable for each output desired. You shouldn't be deleting any data, it's generally bad habits and throws red flags for me. Can you set this up as a PivotTable? I'm not sure how familiar you are with Excel, or even what version you're working with. While we can do this in a macro, I'm not sure we should.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-update-in-next-available-row-in-the-selected-sheet.1104296/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello guys,

I am new to this forum, have read that you are very good in helping people out.
Maybe my excel languague is very basic, hopefully you ll be able to understand what i m struggling with.

I want to use a VBA to select the value of a range in sheet1 and then got to sheet2 and distribute the values to the corresponding rows (each value represents a quantity of a text box in sheet 1.

Small example:

Sheet 1:

Name: Quantity:
Remote control 6
mousepad 5
keyboard 8
Sheet 2: Quantity:
Mousepad ?
HDMI cable ?
usb-HUB ?
Remote control ?
usb-stick ?
keyboard ?

Hopefully you have the solution for me.

Thank you,

alspinazio

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/vba-to-process-inserted-data-into-different-sheet.4068915/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,
Excel 2002
XP Home

Ok, I'm sure Xcel Help is trying hard to explain it to me but I'm just not doing something right.

I've created four new chart variations (Chart 1,2,3,4) from a single data sheet (sheet 1).

Now what I'd like to do is have new data that I add daily to the sheet to automatically update on the charts without having to manually update each chart. Or, will it be done automatically.

Thank you for the assistance,
Telstar

Relevancy 56.76%

I'm building a spreadsheet to compare sports statistics where the match-ups are different every week. I'd like to have a sheet which has each team's schedule including date and "week number". Another sheet will have each team's stats. And the third sheet will show me a breakdown of the match-ups based on the current date. I'm stuck on having Excel recognize which information to pull from based on the date.

A:How do you show data from 1 sheet to another based on date?

Without some idea of how your data is laid out, it's a little tough to give you a specific answer.A common method for pulling data from one range to another "based on" something is VLOOKUP. If you read up on that function, you may find that it will work for you.If not, or if you can't figure it out, you'll need to post some example data so that we know what we are working with. Please click on the following line and read the instructions found via that link before posting your example data.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-do-you-show-data-from-1-sheet-to-another-based-on-date/20079.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Everyone I m in need of some assistance with excel I m in the process of starting a hobby business producing food products In order to get my costs exactly correct I want to use a spreadsheet I have a master price list as a data source I then want to create a separate data to sheet one from Excel 2007: Importing another sheet for each product I intend to produce What I want to do Excel 2007: Importing data from one sheet to another is select the products from a drop down list on each product sheet and have the price for each product imported into the product sheet I have attached what I have done so far Excel 2007: Importing data from one sheet to another On the Master Price List sheet I want to use the ingredients list in column A as the drop down list in the Product sheets On the product sheets once an ingredient has been selected I want that to automatically populate the price per gram column C from the corresponding column from the Master Price List column I I m sure it s a relatively simple request but I m really struggling to get my head around it any assistance would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Excel 2007: Importing data from one sheet to another

I'll take a look -

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2007-importing-data-from-one-sheet-to-another.1156767/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I m working on a simple UserForm with VBA and want the following Currently - UserForm has multiple Pages tabs - Each tab has CheckBoxes VBA to sheet UserForm: (other) write CheckBox data - UserForm VBA UserForm: write CheckBox data to (other) sheet writes data to records rows on worksheet - Form is able to Read data FROM worksheet GetData amp Adjust data TO worksheet EditAdd If ID does not exist yet new record is added Question If checkbox is checked I want a pre-defined word corresponding to that checkbox be written to worksheet Writing data of UserForm Page to Worksheet UserForm Page to Worksheet etc Example if CheckBox is checked on userform vba should write quot keyword quot on worksheet column E Guess userform speaks for itself Can anyone help By the way Is it VBA UserForm: write CheckBox data to (other) sheet possible better to leave VBA UserForm: write CheckBox data to (other) sheet the quot Name quot as it is for instance quot TextBox quot and use the Tag property instead to grab the data Thought I read that somewhere so you can address and Clear all Checkboxes more easily nbsp

A:VBA UserForm: write CheckBox data to (other) sheet

Hi Ed,
You can use the tab name Page(?) to refer to the worksheet.
If you do that it will work, you can add the data to 'Formulier' and additional data to each of the sheets depending on the selected tab in the userform
Succes ermee.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vba-userform-write-checkbox-data-to-other-sheet.1139070/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a budget workbook set up in Excel, and in that workbook there are many different sheets all part of the one book.

I have created a formula in one sheet from the data that is collected there, and that data is important for information collected on another sheet. I want to copy the formula and the data from that from that sheet and have it appear in the other excel sheet. I also want the data to change on the second excel sheet as the results from the formula change in the first sheet.

When i have tried to just copy and paste the formula from one sheet to the next I just get a ref error.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Regards

Anthony

A:Want to copy data and formula from one Excel Sheet to another.

This may help
How to Copy Formulas in Excel | eHow.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/144966-want-copy-data-formula-one-excel-sheet-another.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Here is what I am tying to do and appears to be a complicated task data original sheet to populate on another from Using auto to say the least I am trying to auto populate a score from a table by based of a raw score and age Might be easier if I use an example Marty is years old during a Using data from another sheet to auto populate on original physical fitness test he does pushups Base on his age and raw score he receives a final score of All of this information comes from a table with the age groups across the top and the raw score on the left hand side Using this data you scroll down until you find the appropriate value and that's his real score based off his performance I realize it may be a bit confusing However Using data from another sheet to auto populate on original if anyone is familiar with the APFT table in the military then you have at least an idea of what I am looking at The end state for me is being able to input a raw score and the system to take in account his age and find his real score Is this possible or am I asking to much of Excel haha message edited by donkthompson

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/using-data-from-another-sheet-to-auto-populate-on-original/20501.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am trying to create a pipeline spreadsheet in Excel for my business where managers input their sales onto their respective sheets They should add all deals and assign various levels of our business process e g verbal acceptance contracting etc and conditions 1 to Copying the certain Data sheet from fulfilling next upon probability of the deal actually closing What I would like to do is have a master sheet that looks at each team s pipeline compares it to conditions Process should be one of the following rd Final Verbal Acceptance Offer Billing Chance of Closing should be above Forecast close current month Once Copying Data from 1 sheet to the next upon fulfilling certain conditions these conditions are satisfied I would like to copy a selection within that row to the master sheet Copying Data from 1 sheet to the next upon fulfilling certain conditions e g within that specific row to copy columns A B C D E H I and K of course the entire row would work as well while also keeping a running total within view on most columns on the master sheet I have attached an outline with the appropriate worksheets per team as well as the master list as a reference Can anyone help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copying-data-from-1-sheet-to-the-next-upon-fulfilling-certain-conditions.900428/
Relevancy 56.76%

Thanks for taking the time to assist.

I need to be able to sum a range of data and put the answer in another sheet. Is there a way to do this without having to copy the range to another sheet, summing it and then getting the answer and copying to the cell?

Cheers

Relevancy 56.76%

Is there a way I can scan the keyboard for data that will be entered into a cell I have the cursor on when I look at the graphic? In other words, I want [while looking at the graphic] to be able to change a variable in a particular cell from, say value 1 to value 2. This would then cause the sheet logic to generate different outcomes, and the contents of the graphic would change. Right now, I have to go back to the sheet, type in a 1 or a 2 in the cell, then go back to the graphic.

Another alternative would be it I could click on something in the graphic that changes the value in the sheet.

Thanks,

Don

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-sheet-data-while-displaying-graphic.1049356/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I m not quite sure on how to explain this and the title might not be the best so I apologize in advance if my explanation is lacking or for the title I m looking to do data with sheet of and 2 same Excel 2003: countif Sumproduct a COUNTIF of data based on columns and on sheet That is usually easy enough to do but in this case I have a column that have several same data in their cell that I want them to count as instead of That same data Excel 2003: Sumproduct and countif of 2 sheet with same data can Excel 2003: Sumproduct and countif of 2 sheet with same data be found as well on the second sheet and I need that to not be counted in if it is found on that sheet as well Excel 2003: Sumproduct and countif of 2 sheet with same data On top of that I need it to differentiate between the X and Y a list so that one never change Ex Code Sheet Sheet INDENT A H A E x x x y x y y x y x x x x INDENT So here my count should be x and y I have this but that count only sheet and I can t simply add a as then it will count both sheet separately and then I get the wrong count SUMPRODUCT -- Sheet H H quot x quot -- Sheet A A lt gt quot quot COUNTIF Sheet A A Sheet A A amp quot quot So is there a way to go from this formula and integrate the second sheet in it nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

hi guys,

i need some help.

I have a summary sheet that i want to populate the fields with data from multiple sheets.

here's the scenario:

on my summary sheet i have columns A-E with their headers.

on one sheet i have a template for a "purchase order" is there a way that everytime i create a purchase order sheet, that the information from that sheet can be automatically populated into the next row in the summary sheet?

i will attach the file so you guys can see what i mean.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,

Thanks for the help.

I have several worksheets, in separate workbooks, with text in the layout of a form with data-labels and blanks; all blanks are labeled, all blanks are not necessarily filled.

I need to import this data into a database, so I need it to be converted into a form of row records, with one record per row, and one field (labels on the blanks) per column.

I have a couple hundred or more of these and I'd like to process this in batch; not one at a time. I'm looking for a macro or code to help me do this.

Please advise.

Much thanks,
J.

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi Everybody

When I import data (numbers) from a web site to excel, I get the + sign in the upper left corner of each cell.
How do I remove these + signs ??

Thank You

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/excess-cell-data-in-excel-spread-sheet-1156170.html
Relevancy 56.33%

How can I correctly use a master data sheet in Excel and link the data to other 'slave' sheets? I have tried a few things and here is where I am stuck:

1. How do I bring across any newly created records from the master into the other slave sheets & exclude blanks and errors?
Even if I use =IF(ISBLANK(A2)," ",A2), for some reason the cell is not considered to be blank and sorts as a '0' cell in the slave sheet.

2. How do I ensure the slave sheet will read new master data no matter how many records are added to the master?

3. Is it best to use VLOOKUP or just link the cells?

4. How do I ensure sorting data in the master or the slave is not a problem?

Any help or tips would be much appreciated!
Thanks!!!!!!!

Relevancy 56.33%

Please provede me all the power diagonis manual in a desktop motherboar for testing whether all the section is received the appropiate volts.

and also tells the procedure that all the connector (usb, ps2, serial port , com port , lan port, and Vga port and sound port ) is ok or not

Please please help me

Miza.........

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-provide-me-motherboard-power-analysis-data-sheet.172633/
Relevancy 56.33%

hi all

at the moment i have a worksheet with 3 option buttons and data in columns ae1 to ae65, af1 to af65 and ag1 to ag65

i am using the following formula to randomly display data in H9

=Index($ae1:$ae65,randbetween(1,counta($ae1:$ae65))1,), which is entered in h9, this works fine

what i would like to be able to do is have the above code assigned to optionbutton1 and the same code altered for option buttons 2 and 3, ie optionbutton 2 af1:af65 and optionbutton 3 ag1:ag65, so that depending on which option button is clicked the relevant code runs, whichever optionbutton is chosen the results would be shown in cell H9
is this possible to do on the worksheet or do i need to insert a userform? whichever way is best can anyone help with the code required please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sheet-userform-display-multiple-data.981130/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi All This is probably pretty easy but I cant seem to find what Im looking for on any other forums I have a master sheet that I am keeping a list paste Copy matches in if row to new a data and sheet cell of names personal information and a seperate colum for each skill set the individaul can perform Basically what I want is if there is a Yes in a particular colum for a specific skill set it will copy all of their information onto a seperate sheet If the cell is blank then no action needed The other sheet will then create a new list of all the individuals with the same skill set but keep the master sheet as is I also need this rule to work for each colum and each colum to correspond to its own sheet This means that for individuals with multiple skill sets they will be listed on each sheet Not sure Copy a row if data in cell matches and paste to new sheet if this makes any difference and Im assuming it doesnt but I am using a mac with office Hope that makes sense and that someone can help Thanks in advance for your input nbsp

A:Copy a row if data in cell matches and paste to new sheet

Taka a lokk at this post
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/959076-find-copy-paste-macro-excel.html
The macro will need to be editted but it does more or less anwser your needs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-a-row-if-data-in-cell-matches-and-paste-to-new-sheet.961141/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am constantly in need of a way to link worksheet data.
I use excel on all my price list data, weather it is my vendor pricing or pricing to my customers.
I want an Easy way to link Data.

Example:
Tell the Excel sheet to -
Produce the new price in an empty column (price from another excel sheet).
Based on a "key factor" the Item number.

or another way to give Example
Use item number [column a] as key. import price sorted by item number in [column F]

Is their a formula i can add to the empty column where I want the new price to go, where I can link up the data?

How is this done, I know it not to easy, but I want to know how to do it in any case, not just this one time

thanks

A:Excel 03, tips using and link work sheet data.

Actually it is pretty easy. VLOOKUP is one way.

See the attached. The source data is on Prices. Use the dropdowns in B2:B11 on Invoice, fill in quantities, and the VLOOKUPs in D211 do the rest.

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-03-tips-using-and-link-work-sheet-data.745835/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello All,

Im in need of some help. If you look at the attachment. Im trying to take the names and corresponding data from "Sheet4" and add that data to the other sheets. Each sheet would be an attendance card for each person. So is there a quick way to add 120 tabs at the bottom of the file? And i wanted to put their name as the tab name on the bottom. Can anyone help me with this?

Relevancy 56.33%

I have multiple sheets in my workbook and I need to refer to certain cells and cell ranges in other them I m having trouble trying to create a formula that would allow me to look up do the following For example If cell A in current sheet Results cell B in another sheet Data then include these are ID reference numbers and I need returning Excel sheet another - & Solved: codes data up in ref looking the IDs in Results column A to match the IDs in Data column B AND If the Solved: Excel - looking up ref codes in another sheet & returning data information in Data X X equals or then return Blue in Results column C corresponding to the right ID number If the information in Data X X in equals or then return Red in Results column C corresponding to the right ID number If the information in Data X X in the other tab equals or then return Green in Results column C corresponding to the right ID number E g Results Sheet A - ID B - Date C - Colour th March th May st April Data Sheet B - ID X Colour Code What I need to appear in Results Column C would be Blue as the code is for any reference to ID Red for any reference to ID as the code is and Green for any reference to ID as the code is I m not very confident in Excel I have Excel and any help would be much appreciated I hope what I am looking for is reasonably clear nbsp

A:Solved: Excel - looking up ref codes in another sheet & returning data

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-looking-up-ref-codes-in-another-sheet-returning-data.826417/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone, my software(data acquisition software) works well and saves data in the folder with full control permissions, but when I try to save my data in the restricted folder(only delete permission is denied) it displays an error access denied.
Is there any workaround to disable the delete option and keeping the normal functioning of software intact, as my intention is to allow the users to generate the data and restricting them from deleting the generated data
Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/026639d7-2c52-4c20-aca4-d5e6675b5611/if-i-setup-folder-restrictions-i-am-unable-to-save-data-through-the-data-acquisition-software?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 55.9%

I m trying to run an Excel macro active to Access sheet code Excel 2007 2007 VB run macro in from Access when I get to the point where I want the macro stored in the active workbook I m getting the following run-time error run-time error object variable or with block variable not set It won t run the macro Access 2007 VB code to run Excel 2007 macro in active sheet at all I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me fix my code so the macro will run The code is listed below step is where I get the error Code Option Compare Database Sub GetJournal Entry Data transfer to Excel 'Step Declare your Variables Dim MyConnect As String Dim MyRecordset As ADODB Recordset Dim MyQueryDef As DAO QueryDef Dim MyDatabase As DAO Database Dim MySQL As String Dim MyRange As String Dim s As String Dim Db As Database Dim xl As Excel Application Set xl CreateObject quot Excel Application quot Dim xlwkbk As Excel Workbook 'Dim xlworkbk As Excel Workbook Dim xlsheet As Excel Worksheet Dim i As Integer 'Step Declare your connection string MyConnect quot Provider Microsoft ACE OLEDB Persist Security Info False Data Source P FINANCE Balance Sheet Inventory Project TAN Project TAN accdb User ID Admin quot 'Step Build Your SQL Statement MySQL quot Select From mtb-TantasticJE's Where mtb-TantasticJE's Dscrptn Text 'Culls Stat 'and mtb-TantasticJE's Co Code ' ' quot 'Step Instantiate and specify your recordset Set MyRecordset New ADODB Recordset MyRecordset Open MySQL CurrentProject Connection 'Step Instantiate Excel If Excel isn't Loaded Error occurs Set xl GetObject quot Excel Application quot 'Step Open TAN JE Export xlsx Set xlwkbk xl Workbooks Open quot P FINANCE Balance Sheet Inventory Project TAN TAN JE Export xlsm quot Set xlsheet xlwkbk Worksheets quot Culls Stat quot xl Visible True xlwkbk Windows Visible True xlsheet Cells ClearContents 'Step Find First empty cell and use that to build a dynamic range With xlsheet xl Range quot A quot CopyFromRecordset MyRecordset Columns quot B B quot Select Selection Insert Shift xlToRight Range quot C quot Select Range quot C quot Select 'Cols To Insert 'Worksheets quot Culls Stat quot Range quot B quot amp Chr Asc quot B quot Cols To Insert amp quot quot EntireColumn Insert Cols To Insert Worksheets quot Culls Stat quot Range quot F quot amp Chr Asc quot F quot Cols To Insert amp quot quot EntireColumn Insert Cols To Insert Worksheets quot Culls Stat quot Range quot J quot amp Chr Asc quot J quot Cols To Insert amp quot quot EntireColumn Insert Cols To Insert Worksheets quot Culls Stat quot Range quot M quot amp Chr Asc quot M quot Cols To Insert amp quot quot EntireColumn Insert Cols To Insert Worksheets quot Culls Stat quot Range quot Q quot amp Chr Asc quot Q quot Cols To Insert amp quot quot EntireColumn Insert Cols To Insert Worksheets quot Culls Stat quot Range quot T quot amp Chr Asc quot T quot Cols To Insert amp quot quot EntireColumn Insert End With 'Step Add column heading names to the spreadsheet 'For i To MyRecordset Fields Count 'xl ActiveSheet Cells i Value MyRecordset Fields i - Name 'Next i 'Step save as text file amp Close active recorset xl Visible True xl Run quot Export Stat culls TXT File quot xlwkbk Close True COLOR red ActiveWorkbook Close ------ This is where I get the run-time error COLOR ActiveWindow WindowState xlMinimized MsgBox quot JE Has Been Exported to Excel amp Text File quot 'Step Memory Clean up Set xlsheet Nothing Set xlwkbk Nothing Set xlApp Nothing Set Db Nothing MyRecordset Close End Sub 'Step Close Excel Private Sub Workbook BeforeClose Cancel As Boolean Dim wBook As Workbook Dim LCount As Long If Cancel False Then For Each wBook In Workbooks If wBook Name lt gt Me Name And UCase wBook Name lt gt quot PERSONAL XLS quot Then LCount LCount End If Next wBook If LCount Then Excel Application Quit End If End Sub nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I am a beginner with tablets and networking. This should be an easy answer.

I have a new tablet. TCL 9020A Android ver 5.0. This is thru At&t network LTE cellular data. My question is, can I use wifi to save on data usage? I have this tablet and Galaxy S5 that both have mobile hotspots available.

Do hotspots use more data? Is there an app available to reduce data usage while on the internet?
Is there any way to get cheaper wifi than paying for tons of data use?

I downloaded the TSG sysinfo utility but my at&t Trek HD would not let me open it. Please advise.

I love this site. I have learned a lot. Thank you.

A:new tablet on data plan want to use free wifi save data

Yes, if you use your own WiFi network or free WiFi hotspots, you won't be using your cellular data. You can connect to those in your wireless network settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-tablet-on-data-plan-want-to-use-free-wifi-save-data.1152577/
Relevancy 55.47%

I think my 8 year old nephew is better at Excel 2003 then I am, but he's in school so I can't ask him. I hope someone on this board can help!

I want to paste a table of stock trade data onto a sheet, and then run a macro that will look up the trades with today's settle date only, and then paste the trade money for that account into a specific cell on another sheet. My Excel help book is not very clear on the best way to do this. I can't use VLOOKUP because the settle date is in column 7, and the dollar amount is in column 10.

thanks!

A:Excel 2003 question-how can I populate only today's data on another sheet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2003-question-how-can-i-populate-only-todays-data-on-another-sheet.716780/
Relevancy 55.47%

For those who haven't read my first version of the WinDbg Cheat Sheet, I'll explain very quickly what is. The WinDbg Cheat Sheet is meant to be a easy reference for a majority of the data structures and extensions available when debugging BSODs using WinDbg.

I've included small descriptions for each command/extension, and is largely written for those who have some debugging experience.

Added:
Contents
Windows Access Tokens
Windows Registry
Windows Heap Manager
ProcDumpExt
SwishDbgExt
Miscellaneous
Local Inter-Process Calls (LPCs)
Windows Power Policy
There is more information about specific data structures and extensions on my blog (see link in sig).

A:WinDbg Cheat Sheet - Data Structures, Commands and Extensions

Thanks, that's very useful info :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windbg-cheat-sheet-data-structures-commands-and-extensions-918818.html
Relevancy 55.47%

tried looking for this in many different places but can t find an exact match and i tried to edit some macros but still would not work i need a macro that will allow an entire row from one sheet be copied into a new sheet so basically here is what needs to be done from my active entire sheet Solved: new column matched is to if copy data row sheet look in Column D select all rows in in column D if it has the word quot Confirmed quot in it create a new sheet and paste all those selected rows to this sheet delete this transfered data from sheet in the new sheet i need to add in titles as follows in columns A - O Ticket OrgCode Event Event Status Project Type Project Status Start Date End Date Resource Client Project Name Project Fund Solved: copy entire row to new sheet if column data is matched Project WBS Project Cost Center Amount So column A Row Ticket B Row OrgCode etc I already have a macro which changes the current sheet column names so i need to add the above into this code Code Sub recordd ' ' recordd Macro ' ' Range quot A quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Ticket quot Range quot B quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot OrgCode quot Range quot C quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Event Type quot Range quot D quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Event Status quot Range quot E quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Project Type quot Range quot F quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Project Status quot Range quot G quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Start Date quot Range quot H quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot End Date quot Range quot I quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Resource quot Range quot J quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Client Name quot Range quot K quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Project Name quot Range quot L quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Project Fund quot Range quot M quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Project WBS quot Range quot N quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Project Cost Center quot Range quot O quot Select ActiveCell FormulaR C quot Amount quot Cells Select ActiveWorkbook Worksheets quot Sheet quot Sort SortFields Clear ActiveWorkbook Worksheets quot Sheet quot Sort SortFields Add Key Range quot D D quot SortOn xlSortOnValues Order xlAscending DataOption xlSortNormal With ActiveWorkbook Worksheets quot Sheet quot Sort SetRange Range quot A O quot Header xlYes MatchCase False Orientation xlTopToBottom SortMethod xlPinYin Apply End With ActiveWindow ScrollRow End Sub nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all,

I have a my employees monthly tracking report in excel worksheet and I have to do some advance filter on each date (1 to 31 except Sundays). I am doing these steps manullay:-

1) Do Advance filter (I’ve done some VBA work). For example I filter data by date 1st, so that my code filter data by date one and remove duplicates from column “f” as well.

2) Copy the filtered data.

3) Paste it on a new sheet.

I want to do this Via VBA.. or any suitable way.. please help… I am attaching my sheet as well from which you can understand my code and update it according to my need..

A:Copy each advance filtered data (filter by date 1 to 31) to new sheet

Hi, welcome to the forum,
I'll take a look and see if I understand what you are asking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-each-advance-filtered-data-filter-by-date-1-to-31-to-new-sheet.1030444/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi All Firstly thanks to everyone reading and greater thanks to those replying Here is my best attempt at explaining my problem In Sheet I have data of quot invoice number quot name quot quot invoice date quot quot status quot quot amount quot and some other headings Everything is straight forward except quot status quot will be either quot outstanding quot quot paid quot or quot donation quot The headings are on the in seperate Data first sheets Return on Excel on - sheet based value top horizontally and the data is all vertical from that On Sheet I need to return all the rows the entire row s data but only for those for which the status is quot paid quot and then on sheet I need to return all the rows the entire row for those in which the status is quot outstanding quot and then the same applies for quot donation quot on sheet Currently I am using this very simple formula IF Invoices D quot outstanding quot Invoices A quot quot and then IF Invoices D quot outstanding quot Invoices B quot quot in the next field and the formulas go on like Excel - Return Data on seperate sheets based on value in first sheet that en every cell to the right for each column on sheet I have been using this just to get by but as you can well imagine it is not very elegant and since the rows on sheet keep on being added downwards I keep on having to copy my formulas down on sheets and or I have to copy them down to like row just to keep ahead Is there a more elligant way of doing this - I have looked at vlookup but unless I am just not seeing the depth of the function I am not getting it right and of course I can only return a value to the right of the cell I am searching in If I absolutely have to I can move Excel - Return Data on seperate sheets based on value in first sheet the criteria column quot status quot to column A but I would really not like to unless I have to as the list is exported as is from another application So after that lenghtly explaination I hope I have managed to get the point across properly and I truly appreciate the help Thanks J nbsp

A:Excel - Return Data on seperate sheets based on value in first sheet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-return-data-on-seperate-sheets-based-on-value-in-first-sheet.859399/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an excel sheet with two tables for customers to know which products the customer is using based on a Contract table.

The enclose sheet has two tables:
1. Customer
2. Contracts

All what I need is to fill the columns of "Product A", "Product B" and "Product C" of every customer looking at the table "Contracts" where the data is available based on the "Customer ID"

How can I do it?

A:Solved: MS Excel / Filling a cell with YES based on data from another sheet

I would just use a simple countifs formula to check if the customer ID and Product type match (ie the count of matches is greater than zero)
See attached.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ms-excel-filling-a-cell-with-yes-based-on-data-from-another-sheet.1128811/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi folks, not sure if this is possible or not but I'll try to explain what I'd like to do.

On the first sheet, I have a simple sheet to be filled in daily. The date is changed, and then daily pick figures and hours picked are updated by the relevant department.

I then have to manually put all of the data into the second sheet, which acts as a log of previous pick figures.

Is there a way the second sheet can automatically be filled in when the date is changed and new figures are put into sheet 1?

I hope I've explained this well enough, I'm trying to teach myself excel as I'm going along! Thanks.

Edit - I've had to delete peoples names' for obvious reasons, initials in sheet 2 will correspond to people in sheet 1.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-07-exporting-data-from-1-sheet-to-another-based-on-cell-criteria.1106047/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everybody,

I am new here and actually after I checked different contributions, I liked the place, it's really helpful, and I hope to be a permanent member. Well, I am new to VBA, and I just got a macro that runs on active open sheet, then I need to run the same macro, but this time on more than a file/ sheet (actually it's a big number, like 1000+), closed and already saved in a folder. I would pretty appreciate if anyone helps me to add the necessary code ( which will direct the macro to : focus on a specific folder in a specific location (e.g. E:\myfolder) , then run on every excel file in that folder, and to save every file before close , doing that until the last file in that folder .. that's it .. Any help?

Many thanks
Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-a-macro-run-on-active-sheet-run-on-many-non-active-files-in-a-folder.951885/