Windows Support Forum

TP-Link Router not giving 150 Mbps

Q: TP-Link Router not giving 150 Mbps

Hi,

Details:
1. Using XP Pro SP3 (32-bit)
2. Laptop = Sony VAIO VGN-FZ140E
3. Recently purchased a TP-Link Router (TL-WR740N) which claims to give 150 Mbps speed

The Problem:
When connected, my Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN shows a speed of only 65 Mbps . A friend came over with his laptop (having Windows 7) and was able to get 150 Mbps speed.

Can someone please help me fix the problem so that I can also get the same speed. Do I need to upgrade the driver? If so how and from where? Or maybe the solution is much simpler? Please help. Will be very thankful.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: TP-Link Router not giving 150 Mbps

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: TP-Link Router not giving 150 Mbps

Measured by 65MBps correct for you. The range varies. Could be 120mbps or 130mbps. If the router is one of those N150 they're really enhanced G in N mode. Kind of confusing but the chipset is suppose to 150mbps but actually speed would be 1/2 that 65-75mbps. Don't go by Link Speed it's Quality of that counts. 300Mbps 802.11n is 120-150mbps. But it can go lower to 65mbps. Again varies.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tp-link-router-not-giving-150-mbps.145237/
Relevancy 86.8%

Hi,

Details:
1. Using XP Pro SP3 (32-bit)
2. Laptop = Sony VAIO VGN-FZ140E
3. Recently purchased a TP-Link Router (TL-WR740N) which claims to give 150 Mbps speed

The Problem:
When connected, my Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN shows a speed of only 65 Mbps . A friend came over with his laptop (having Windows 7) and was able to get 150 Mbps speed.

Can someone please help me fix the problem so that I can also get the same speed. Do I need to upgrade the driver? If so how and from where? Or maybe the solution is much simpler? Please help. Will be very thankful.

Relevancy 78.69%

I have a sipura 2100 that i use for my voip service through zingotel. i have had several voip routers, and i have noticed that sometimes my local connection status shows i am connected at 10 mbps, and sometimes 100 mbps. i currently have 8mbps comcast cable, and if my network card and phone router only connect at 10 mpbs, i am not able to reach my full one megabyte download speed when downloading from such places as newsgroups. is there a way to set it so my network always connects at 100 mbps?

A:Realtek Gigabit LAN + VOIP Router: sometimes 10 mbps, sometimes 100 mbps.........???

In the network card properties, you can force link speed and duplex.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-gigabit-lan-voip-router-sometimes-10-mbps-sometimes-100-mbps.44432/
Relevancy 66.65%

've got 4 computers configured on the 10 mbps router -1 ethernet port- hooked to the 10/100 switch--5 ethernet ports-- (which I'm going to dc). what configurations should I write down off the computers and what programs should be deleted before I delete the old router and install the new software for the new 10/100 router to make the process go smoothly. thx btw, I love the firewall in the old router can the old router be hooked to one port of the new router and into my main internet computer, just for it's hardware firewall?

A:getting ready to replace my 10 mbps wired router with a new 10/100 router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-ready-to-replace-my-10-mbps-wired-router-with-a-new-10-100-router.489966/
Relevancy 65.36%

My network card is a Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller I don't know what caused this problem but my Realtek driver is up-to-date and previously it was a link speed of Mbps But now for some reason it suddenly dropped to a link speed of Mbps and I've tried a lot to no avail As you can see on the 10 Controller locked Ethernet at Speed is Link Mbps. left I've tried changing the speed duplex setting but it remains at Mbps no matter how many restarts disables and re-enables and such And yes I do have the internet speed to go beyond Mbps This is a speedtest done on my desktop computer And this one was done on Ethernet Controller Link Speed is locked at 10 Mbps. my Ethernet Controller Link Speed is locked at 10 Mbps. phone and this was wireless as well I'd rather not call Time Warner Cable Ethernet Controller Link Speed is locked at 10 Mbps. They'll send someone who's only going to end up wasting my time and reaching no solution I'd like to avoid sitting with the person they send for a half hour and it having it end with them asking me if have I considered the innovative idea of reformatting my computer Thank you in advance for any help you can give me -Windows Home Premium x OS -Currently installed Driver Version

A:Ethernet Controller Link Speed is locked at 10 Mbps.

Did you try setting the Value of Speed & Duplex to "Autosense"?

Also:
what router do you use?
Did you change the Ethernet cable?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363433-ethernet-controller-link-speed-locked-10-mbps.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Connects wireless to MSI VR420 laptop OK but only at 54 Mbps.
Should I expect >54 ?

Adapter is RealTeK N (supposed to be 300 Mbps) - router is SMC WBR14S-N4 Barricade N (supposed to be 150Mbps).

Wired to desktop - at 100 Mbps (card is 802.11g)

A:Laptop, N Adapter, N Router - Only 54 Mbps

No, I think 54 is the max in some areas (Bandwidth given to your house). The other numbers are what they could potentially do but aren't even getting that high of bandwidth. But 54 straight still should be pretty fast, is it not?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/138552-laptop-n-adapter-n-router-only-54-mbps.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

I plugged in an N-adapter to a USB hub and it gave me a 6 Mbps in www.speedtest.net. I thought this was kind of slow for what the adapter "claimed" (300Mbps). But then I plugged it directly into a computer port and it showed 24 Mbps (my internet plan is 25 Mbps), which I suppose it's pretty close or even "maxed" because it's not really 25 Mbps all the time, right?

Is this normal? Is my USB hub crappy/old? Would it make a difference if I get a new USB hub?

Thanks.

A:Moving N-adapter from USB hub to computer port increases speed from 6 Mbps to 24 Mbps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-n-adapter-from-usb-hub-to-computer-port-increases-speed-from-6-mbps-to-24-mbps.1035182/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey everyone Thanks for looking need a little help here I can t figure out what is going on with my desktop It s usually connected via a USB wireless dongle and used to take full advantage of my mbps connection Now It varies all over the place from mpbs up to I first thought it was the dongle to vary mbps speeds mbps, it's think don't Wireless hardware. form 2 50 so I replaced that with a PCI-e adapter that can handle mbps However that has Wireless speeds vary form 2 mbps to 50 mbps, don't think it's hardware. not seemed to fixed the issue I thought it was the router Reset that Thought it was the modem Reset that However my year old laptop runs at mbps all day long I ve used multiple websites to test the connection and I ensured to same sites for both the laptop and desktop So the only thing that s left is software on my computer right Driver issue I just installed fresh drivers for this adapter and still no go Although I ve enjoyed building and being a PC junkie for the last years networking it just not my specialty Any thoughts or suggestions nbsp

A:Wireless speeds vary form 2 mbps to 50 mbps, don't think it's hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-speeds-vary-form-2-mbps-to-50-mbps-dont-think-its-hardware.1146202/
Relevancy 60.63%

got a newlink 11g 54 broadband router unable to connect to http://192.168.1.1 uesing admin as user name & password haveing no joy please help

A:unable to acsses wireless router newlink 11g 54 mbps

Reset the router to factory default settings and you should be able to login with the default user and password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-acsses-wireless-router-newlink-11g-54-mbps.911432/
Relevancy 60.2%

We wanted to add another computer to our server so I installed a Cat5E cable, roughly 250 ft long, terminated both ends, plugged directly into the switch and I can only get 10 mbps of speed on my workstation? All of the other workstations get 100 mbps? I've hooked up different computers, but I still get the same end speed of 10 mbps!

A:[SOLVED] My Switch delivers 100 mbps but only getting 10 mbps at my workstation

By the way, im extremely new to this and don't know very much about computers..........at all.............thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-my-switch-delivers-100-mbps-but-only-getting-10-mbps-at-my-workstation-762105.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I need a help to resolve one issue with my Belkin router F7D4402 v1. I have got it recently and configured it without any issue and my internet (ADSL) was up and running. However, later I have noticed that, my internet speed is limited to 1.5 Mbps. whereas; the speed I was getting on my old Linksys WAG200 router was minimum 2.0 Mbps.

I have tried to disable the QoS and other options but no use. But when I enabled the Mac cloning it worked fine. I was getting the speed I subscribed for, but unfortunately, the other devices on my Wi-Fi stopped working. With Mac clone enable, the internet is only available to my PC.

I need the internet on my PC plus all the Wi-Fi devices in my house and along with it my full internet speed, not just 1.5 Mbps.

Can anyone please help to fix the issue?

Thank a lot.

A:Belkin router F7D4402 v1 ADSL speed is fixed to 1.5 Mbps

It's not the router - - you up against the limit of ADSL.

see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-router-f7d4402-v1-adsl-speed-is-fixed-to-1-5-mbps.188430/
Relevancy 60.2%

3Com® OfficeConnect® ADSL Wireless 108 Mbps 11g Firewall Router malfunctioning After connect and accessing internet the router show the red light and become hang. Restart the router and it will worked fine but after one-two hours the same problem. I have already reconfigured the router. I have disable the wireless setting. But daily i face a problem. even i search the solution on 3 Com site but i have not found anything there please suggest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3com%C2%AE-officeconnect%C2%AE-adsl-wireless-108-mbps-11g-firewall-router.676821/
Relevancy 59.34%

I m fairly ignorant to how computers work My computer is about years old it s a Dell was at that time it s a desktop I use quot Broadstripe quot cable internet company Not my choice mbps Signal is speed 1 to mbps? 8 excellent is and live with my mom Not sure of the internet Signal is excellent and speed is 1 mbps to 8 mbps? speed she purchased Probably the cheapest knowing her I did purchase a somewhat Signal is excellent and speed is 1 mbps to 8 mbps? expensive router It s a quot N wireless dual band router quot Model WNDR v I m using a USB wireless netgear connector The signal strength is very good to excellent But the speed is very slow Between mbps to mbps during a good minute And the internet connection goes out frequently About times since I Started this question Does anybody know whats wrong or if there is any thing I can do to help speed up the computer Changing cable internet company is out of the question as it is not my house Would a different type of wireless connector help What about a Ad Hoc connection My son has a wireless ready laptop that runs just fine on the internet as well as all the other wireless ready laptops in the house My desktop is about about feet from the router Any help is appreciated

A:Signal is excellent and speed is 1 mbps to 8 mbps?

From a quick look at you post, I think you are not using the right driver for the USB adapter. Also, XP has to be up to date to work with wireless.Does the computer have an Ethernet card?Can you possibly get an Ethernet cable and run it directly from the tourer to you old XP computer? If you can do that, you will have to do the Internet Wizard again so that it includes the Ethernet card in the network.Older versions of XP that are not up to date only work with Ethernet. Unless you disable wireless security. Which is a bad idea. Windows XP has a hard time with wireless security.However, I am not sure that would fix lour problem. Sometimes you have to do the XP Network wizard three times before it comes out right.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,146456.0.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey guys I ve been looking for a solution to a problem I ve problem. D-Link DIR-524 strange giving been facing since quite some time I ll try and be precise yet brief I recently acquired a wireless D-Link router and connected my PC to it via normal LAN wire not wi-fi I noticed that despite the ISP providing flawless service my browsing was extremely slow So I pinged and found that I was getting random Request Timed Outs Oddly enough other programmes like torrents worked perfectly even when I D-Link DIR-524 giving strange problem. get a request timed out from the router I gave it D-Link DIR-524 giving strange problem. back to my vendor who insisted that there was nothing wrong with the router Still I forced him to give me a new one He gave me a new DIR- router But the same problem still persists I doubt there s something wrong with my computer as I have two PCs connected to the router both via LAN cable and both face the Request Timed out problem Firmware is the latest available and default settings in both cases I am completely distressed as I have a MBPS internet and I am unable to enjoy it because of this router issue Your help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

To start off the reason I put the in the title is that while the drivers installed on my PC are me DWA-552/556 giving network adapter grief D-Link wireless for the the adapter physically on D-Link DWA-552/556 wireless network adapter giving me grief my computer looks like a I need to ask two things Why doesn t the wireless network adapter show up on the device manager The only thing under quot Network Adapters quot is the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller How come the under quot Other Devices quot the Ethernet Controller has the yellow alert triangle Unless the fix allows me to download necessary files on one computer and transfer it to the other via USB please make sure whatever solution you recommend doesn t require Internet connection Specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD FX tm - Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd A-UD Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I just bought a belkin router and it says its suppose to give me 108 Mbps of data transfer but when i checked on my laptop it says that i am only getting 54 Mbps what am I doing wrong why am i not receiving 108 Mbps of data transfer. How can I get it up to 108 Mbps?

I have Comcast High Speed Internet (Triple Play)

And this is my router: Belkin - Wireless-G+ Wireless Router with 4-Port Switch - F5D9231-4

A:Router not giving me what it says it will

Those are theoretical maximums for 802.11g (54Mbps) and the not-really-a-standard-but-good-marketing 802.11g+ (108Mbps). Since your internet link is likely to be a fraction of that, the distinction between G/G+ is utterly academic unless you're doing lots and lots of LAN transfers between two or more of your machines on that network.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/223651-router-not-giving-me-what-says-will.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys, I'm new here and I have this HUUUUUUUUGE problem: My router which is a Thomson TG782T, keeps on giving me the IP: 10.0.0.138 I am therefore unable to make a server as when I try to make a static IP it only lets me make the ip: 10.0.0.* nothing like 103.102.76.182. Can you please help me? It would be greatly appreciated if you could.

Screenshot of the cmd: http://imgur.com/BVEDHgs

Cheers, ShiftFG

Relevancy 53.75%

hi friends..
In my router 2811 i have given the command
in interface mode ... no shutdown.
it is saying that ... changed state to down..
what is the problem???

A:router is going to down state after giving no shutdown

Serial interface? Whats on the other end?

If its (say s0/0/0) to another serial interface you need to make sure you have an IP and issue the no shutdown on the interface of the other device too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-is-going-to-down-state-after-giving-no-shutdown.941804/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,
I recently bought a linksys 802.11g router. I am mainly going to use it for my Nintendo Ds's Wi-fi But i'v run into a problem. I dont know much(well anything) about routers. But what I'v done is I hook in the wire to my modem that gives the router its internet access. Then I use one of the other four ports to hook up my computer to the router. Then I have no idea if im supposed to do anything else but my computer doesn't have internet acess. My ds can sense the router but not pick up any connection from it. I'v hit the little golden button so that it's blinking white and that doesnt work. I'v restarted my computer and all kinds of things. If anyone has any help that would be great.

Thank You
-Elivmar ~(E)~

A:Router not giving internet connection

Read The Friendly Manual, especially the bit that explains how to set up the router and the computers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-not-giving-internet-connection.51743/
Relevancy 53.75%

As the title says I'm trying to use a computer as ICS for another one in a pseudo-network in which ICS a Giving computer getting internet router... with a from the former computer gets its internet from a router which is connected to the cable modem I have two network cards on the computer but problems are coming up and multiplying One of these problems is that the router is taking the IP Address which windows XP tells me is needed for the Giving ICS with a computer getting internet from a router... computer to manage ICS I tried removing from the router and giving it instead changing the IP address of the computer who wants to give out internet to the other in the network connections page But it basically disconnected everything until I reversed the process Windows xp seems to be stating it's possible to grant different IP addresses for different network connections Not sure how it works exactly and what I did wrong Right now I have two network connections quot online quot one of them connects to the internet through the router and is working set up to get its IP automatically The other one is connected to the other computer but has quot limited or no quot connectivity I can still see when the other computer shuts down so I'm guessing at least a part of it is working and it's not because of the cable crossover or whatever Sooooo I'm now getting desperate trying to find the next steps to make this work which is why I'm throwing out all the info I can give in this post sorry if it seems a bit chaotic Router is a D-Link DI- if it helps Thanks in advance

A:Giving ICS with a computer getting internet from a router...

is ICS necessary?

can you just plug the second computer into the router using a patch cable, not crossover?

a router is designed for multiple computers to share one internet connection.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/giving-ics-with-a-computer-getting-internet-from-a-router-395298.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi friends ...

I hav bsnl broadband connection in my home.... I connected a tplink wired for browsing...

I also have a belkin wireless router..... I connected those routers.... And only wired communication is possible
and i cant access in wireless connection... Pls help me

i m sttuggling....

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a significant problem with my computers not recognizing my d-link router. I screwed something up today and now my router won't work. I have had the router for years working just fine, but today I was trying to connect a new kindle which wouldn't connect to the Wi-Fi and I lost the router after screwing around with configuration.

Basically I've been trying to re-install the router, I changed the SSID but it appears the d-link quick router setup software recognizes the modem as the router and won't re-intall my router thus denying me access. Has anyone ever ran into a situation such as this? Please help...

A:D-Link Software recognizing modem as Router, router not working

Find the reset switch (usually a smal hole and you press a paper clip into it for ~5sec).

That will bring it back to day-1 default settings.

Unless you are attaching to the modem/router using USB, there's no software to be installed
(that's only used for USB) - -
just cable the eithernet cable to a LAN port on the router and then you can configure it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-software-recognizing-modem-as-router-router-not-working.155807/
Relevancy 53.32%

Just bought a TP Link N Modem Router a few hours ago I connected it to my Huawei ONT Modem which connected straight to my ISP s fibre optic terminal point I used a LAN cable and plugged it on internet connection? giving stops Router the LAN Ports Both on the Router stops giving internet connection? Huawei modem and the TP Link router I swtiched them both on and it works without any configurations needed I didn t configure anything on my router I only disabled WLAN on my modem so that all my devices would connect through the router For the first few hours it worked fine I was able to connect my cell phone PC and PS and gain internet access The LAN light on the huawei modem is blinking as it should which means that it is giving internet connection to my router However an hour ago I was trying to connect my laptops to the router It did connect to the router but I wasnt getting internet connection My pc which I haven t turned off and still connected to the router since I first turned the router on is still getting internet connection But why is my laptops not recieving internet connection What s wierd is that when I ran quot ipconfig quot on command prompt on both my laptops and PC they gave different default gateway iPs My pc is showing my Huawei modem iP and my Laptop is showing my Tp link router iP I did a reboot on both my modem and router I tried reconnecting my PC and now it does not give internet connection as well The LAN light on my modem stops blinking as well I dont have much knowledge on tech stuff so I hope anyone would give me a clear solution Thanks nbsp

A:Router stops giving internet connection?

Adding some assumptions to what you said, the short answer is that you need to disable the Dhcp server on the second router. Here is a complete recipe for what I think that you are trying to do.

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected! [TerryNet Note: assume that all routers made in the last five or six years or more have auto-sensing ports.]

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-stops-giving-internet-connection.1161240/
Relevancy 53.32%

I just bought a new Linksys E -N router to replace my old WRT GS one since my new computer wouldn t quite work right with it I have the network set up it is Linksys trouble E2500 New me router giving called quot Campbell quot and this computer connects to the internet However none of my other computers can connect to the network and it also lists the network as quot Campbell quot instead New Linksys E2500 router giving me trouble I managed to connect to New Linksys E2500 router giving me trouble quot Campbell-guest quot and connect to the internet from there I just figured I would just go with it since it worked and I don t use my network for connecting to other computers anyway but then I went to connect my Xbox to the internet and it doesn t connect to the network quot Campbell quot and when connected to quot Campbell-guest quot it won t connect to the internet I ve reset the router and modem several times and nothing works I ve tried to disable the password on the network to see if that was trouble and all that did was make it impossible for to do anything because of all the quot Your network is unprotected and at risk quot messages popping up The security settings are WPA security and the other computer and Xbox are connected wirelessly while this desktop is connected with an ethernet cable nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, I am using a HP mini 110-1000 notebook and my wireless network connection speed is constantly changing from 36.0 Mbps to 24 Mbps and then 18.0 Mbps and keeps going back to 36 etc. My signal strength is showing 4 bars instead 5 and I am close to my router. I have done the turn off modem and router and has returned back to 54Mbps but after a few minutes it starts dropping to 34 Mbps. Its been like this for almost 2 months now and I need some help.

A:Dropping 54.0 mbps - 18 mbps?

When that happened to me it was because I had the wrong driver. If you are using an integrated wireless adapter get the latest driver for it from HP's web site. If it is an external card get the latest driver from its manufacturer's web site. Even if you have the latest driver make sure that you install it again, as the installed version may be corrupted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dropping-54-0-mbps-18-mbps.1003683/
Relevancy 52.89%

Dear Friends,

I have more then 100 computers are in the LAN. All computers are connected 100 Mbps network speed. Today, suddenly one computer connected 10 Mbps automatically from 100 Mbps. Then, I restarted that computer, after that It was connected 100 Mbps.

I want to know, why its happen like that ?

If, anybody know please give me the reply ....

Thanks in advance

V.Anand

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/100-mbps-to-10-mbps-network.960014/
Relevancy 52.89%

I just bought a Dell i14z laptop, and I've been getting speeds of 25-35 Mbps at the hotel I'm staying at. My other laptop (Gateway NV73) is usually between 1-3 Mbps, but lately it is less than 1. Before I bought my new laptop, I assumed that the slow speeds were the norm on the public WiFi networks I use. Today, I updated the wireless driver from the Gateway website, and immediately I was getting 20+ Mbps, which was faster than I've ever seen from Speedtest for that laptop. After restarting a few hours later, it is now back to < 1 Mbps. How can I get the same fast speeds on my Gateway that I'm getting on my Dell? Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-laptop-25-mbps-and-other-is-less-than-1-mbps.1065884/
Relevancy 52.46%

I don'y know why connecting to a router is always so difficult.. Anyway, my win 7 laptop is connecting to the router and I set it up (Reset everything a few times). I also have no connection through ethernet connection with the router.
What do I do? The modem is Cisco DPQ3212 and the router Keebox-w150nr wireless 150 N router.

A:Keebox wireless router is not giving me internet access

You are remembering to power cycle the modem when switching the device connected to it?

Have you cloned the computer's MAC Address to the router in case your ISP is tracking the MAC Address of the device connected to the modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keebox-wireless-router-is-not-giving-me-internet-access.1085879/
Relevancy 52.03%

My service provider just Router Westell Router/Modem with D-Link gave me the new Westell E router modem but with out informing me that its a router I already have a D-link DI- wirless set up and I am getting the internet connection fine but I m unable to access my computer remotely using PCAnywhere or other apps like I was before using port forwarding I don t understand Lan Wan too much or DHCP or Bridge or Westell Router/Modem with D-Link Router PPoe so if someone can give me a hint I would appreciate it Strangely I had a dynamic ip address before but its not changing everyday now I got to the Westell config area but still haven t been able to set it up right I ll try to give some info here to help u help me D-Link gateway - D-Link Submask - DHCP Server - enabled Westell VC Config - Protocol Bridged VC - Bridge Settings - mode Routed Bridged DHCP - enabled Subnet Mask - Gateway - Westell discovered local devices di- - Westell Private Lan DCHP start address Westell Private Lan DCHP end address Westell Public Lan DCHP Server Enable - not checked Westell Public Lan Ebable - not checked nbsp

A:Westell Router/Modem with D-Link Router

Ok, very inofrmative

Microsoft(R) Windows DOS
(C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1990-2001.

C:\DOCUME~1\ALANCO~1>cd\

C:\>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : ALAN1
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-EC-45-9B-6C
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 216.68.4.10

C:\>

My Wan IP is a 72.49.xxx.xxx number so .... ?

It seems like I need to some how make the westell just a bridge(?) so that it doesn't assign ip address and allows the D-link to be the router??

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/westell-router-modem-with-d-link-router.61853/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm looking for some opinions on Linksys Max Performance Wireless N Dual Band Router (E4200-CA) and D-Link Xtreme Wireless N Router (DIR-825).
These are the 2 I've narrowed it down to, I just don't know which one to get.

I'll be mostly using it for wireless online gaming on 3 pc/laptop simultaneously. but it will all so be use for wifi on about 3 other small devices, wired on 1 pc and 1 xbox.

any help or opinion on either one would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-to-buy-linksys-router-e4200-ca-or-d-link-router-dir-825.167538/
Relevancy 52.03%

So I ve been at this for a couple days now and I really don t know what else I can do I ve fixed a number of other issues such as correctly configuring the routers on IP for with forwarding issues router Port up! cams, Zhone I'm giving the network into quot dummy quot mode and allowing the DSL modem to hand out all DHCP and firewall tasks There are two camera systems on the network a panasonic system and a Swann system The panasonic system is designed for consumers while the Swann system seems Port forwarding issues with Zhone router for IP cams, I'm giving up! targeted more for professional use with cameras Regardless I can view both systems on the network perfectly fine through their respective ports and which shouldn t matter really right HOWEVER when I go to the internet things start to fall apart First of all the router s remote admin server is screwing things up for me When I enter my DSL modem s IP address remotely it prompts me for the DSL modem s admin page login information the same as if I was local When I specify a port on the DSL s public IP such as or it just says cannot connect quot Unable to connect Firefox can t establish a connection to the server at x x x x quot The DSL s remote server admin program seems to be running on port which is the ONLY public port that I can view as quot open quot from the port test websites There is no option to disable this program in the dsl modem router menus I ve set up a virtual server for those ports but obviously it isn t doing the job The router doesn t have a typical port forward option just port triggering and virtual server Triggering only works when local traffic outgoing opens triggers an incoming port so I know that s not what I want here The DSL modem router is a ZHONE ADSL series router Eventually I ll need to setup a dynamic dns system but since I can t even view network items through the DSL modem s current IP address there s really no point I do have the panasonic s quot viewnetcam quot service pointing to my local IP when I ping it though so I don t thing dynamic DNS should give me too many problems I just need to get past the port forwarding issue first My ISP forwarded some information to their quot engineer techs quot who are going to call me back BUT who knows when if that will happen THANKS guys I m sure we can figure it out nbsp

A:Port forwarding issues with Zhone router for IP cams, I'm giving up!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding-issues-with-zhone-router-for-ip-cams-im-giving-up.774003/
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear sir,
I am trying to setup an IP camera on my WDR 4300 Router. ROuter is just purchased.
The camera says its ready at 192.168.1.100:8080

However when i open the same address in my Computer, the WEBPAGE NOT AVAILABLE is shown up.

Both the camera and COmputer are connected to WDR 4300 via WIFI and firewall is disabled.

I tried using a D link router and the camera stared working right away!

A:IP camera not working on TP link router but working on D link router

Hello bhvm,

Verify that in your TP-Link router, the IP Scope is setup as 192.168.1.X same as in your D-Link router. Also, check the ports configured needed for your IP camera in the TP-Link router. You might want to compare the ports opened from D-Link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342872-ip-camera-not-working-tp-link-router-but-working-d-link-router.html
Relevancy 51.6%

It was working fine but I is ARGH! filmware updating router US wireless Robotic after troubles giving me thought that it would be ok to just update the driver tonight Well boy was I WRONG Now it won t connect It keeps saying that it has a ARGH! US Robotic wireless router is giving me troubles after updating filmware signal and everything is connected properly but keeps saying quot aquiring I P quot I tried resetting the cable modem then the router even unplugged them both and this is just frustrating me I even tried uninstalling the USR from device mgr and even network connections and re-installing it But it has to be this new update that is making it like this How can I completely ARGH! US Robotic wireless router is giving me troubles after updating filmware get all USR stuff off then reboot and just re-read it When I first got it that is what it did It was easy Turn on WiFi on my laptop brings up window hit connect and works And before once I updated it and it was able to connect the speed kept fluntuating and was super slow How the heck do I go about removing all US robotics drivers and start as new When I first bought it it was so easy didnt have to install anything the WiFi card automatically detected it and just saw the USR in the network menus as a avail network and connected woula Now it s all wierd God damn US Robotics I already hate them for lying to me and not giving my rebate back grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr nbsp

A:ARGH! US Robotic wireless router is giving me troubles after updating filmware

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/argh-us-robotic-wireless-router-is-giving-me-troubles-after-updating-filmware.316356/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I recently made some changes to settings on Router Setting D-Link DIR-628 Router on my router and am wondering what effect they may have had or exactly what they do Some backround first I recently purchased a Roku Streaming Media box and am trying to get Router Setting on D-Link DIR-628 Router it connected by my wireless network to a new HD TV The player connected easily to an older TV without any network problems so I know the signal can be reached at the location Other devices in the room connect fine I called Roku support and the tech was as helpful as possible We ended up making some changes to router settings and it appeared to fix it but it isn t connecting again That is another issue I just want to figure out what the settings changes did to my network if anything The router is a D-Link DIR- Firmware NA These were the changes that were made Going to entered pass word and got into router settings Went to advanced-firewall settings-enable SPI SPI was checked and we unchecked it and rebooted router What is SPI and what does it do Secondly we went into Setup-Wireless Settings-Manual Wireless settings We unchecked quot enable auto channel scan quot and changed the wireless channel from Channel to GHZ Channel What effect does changing these settings have Thanks in advance for any information Since the box isn t connecting again I m thinking of reverting back to the original settings Steve Rehmann nbsp

A:Router Setting on D-Link DIR-628 Router

have a read here on SPI - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stateful_firewall and some incomapatabilities with some specific routers

Changing to channel 11 - would be to avoid interference on the wireless signals
Wireless can use channels 1-13 some countries restrict those channes to 1 to 11
channel 1, 6 and 11 are far enough apart not to overlap and cause interference

post back an xirrus screen shot and we can see what channel would be best for your area

how old is the roku ? - it maybe faulty.
do you have other wireless devices in the same location working ok
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-setting-on-d-link-dir-628-router.978940/
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently noticed that the system was trying to do updates every day at closedown and found that update was giving a return code of b I have run SURT several times and it doesn't seem to give any code giving return Windows giving restores x00000022 update 800736b3; results or should I be looking somewhere else I ran sfc scannow and extracted the results and they are in sfcdetails txt Windows update giving return code 800736b3; restores giving x00000022 attached SFC Windows update giving return code 800736b3; restores giving x00000022 said there were some files it couldn't fix even though sfcdetails txt says it has fixed all of them CBS zip is much too big to upload using the paperclip - is there another way I tried restoring to an earlier restore point and unfortunately all the attempted updates have flushed my list of restore points - and the oldest few all give me a return code of x Not sure if this is one problem or two I am reluctant to do a System Recovery as it sounds pretty drastic - help would be much appreciated PS Is any more info required

A:Windows update giving return code 800736b3; restores giving x00000022

The only errors in SFC are these...

Code:
2015-06-14 21:41:16, Info CSI 000005e7 [SR] Repairing 1 components
2015-06-14 21:41:16, Info CSI 000005e8 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2015-06-14 21:41:16, Info CSI 000005ea [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"utc.app.json" of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client, Version = 6.1.7601.18839, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2015-06-14 21:41:16, Info CSI 000005ec [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:66{33}]"telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json" of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client, Version = 6.1.7601.18839, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
...which are caused by an MS update which they messed up the file-coding on and may get around to fixing sometime.
It's not critical, but you could get rid of it by uninstalling KB3022345 and/or KB3068708 and hiding the latter when it reappers in your offered updates list.

Please post the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log and C:\Windows\Logs\CheckSUR.Persist.log files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372918-windows-update-giving-return-code-800736b3-restores-giving-x00000022.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I just purchased a D-Link Router, DIR-625. I used to have a linksys and there was one good thing about linksys. I used to be able to get to my router (192.168.1.1) and monitor my wireless netwrok users (Status/DHC Table). I could just click and remove selected users whenever I wanted. With D-Link, I don't seem to have this power. I tried looking for it, but no success. Can anyone please tell me if this is possible in DIR-625 and How.

Thanks
Omid

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router.706050/
Relevancy 47.73%

I need to know how to set my d link router to shut off at certain times of the day. Any help would be GREAT!!!

A:D-Link router

I don't think any simple router can be set up to shut off and back on at certain times of the day. You may be able to configure some routers to block/allow internet access based on time and day of the week. If you want the router to turn on and off at certain times, you may need to plug it into an AC power timer that can work with low power transformer loads. Some solid state timers may only be rated for incandescent lamp loads.

Might help if you told us the model number and version number of the D-Link router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router.1103406/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I just received my Tp-Link wireless router model TL-WR541G this morning and have been trying to set it up all day. I set it up according to the installation guide by connecting to the modem to the WAN port on the router, and connecting my laptop to one of the LAN ports on the router. All the led lights come on as they should but when I try to log in to the router by typing the IP address into the web address bar it just says page cannot be displayed and no log in window comes up. I'm not sure what to do.

My laptop is a dell inspiron 1501 that has a 2 GHz AMD turion processor, 896 MB RAM and is running on Windows XP if that helps at all.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys wondering if you could help me out here, the thing is i just bought a new desktop and i am trying to connect it to my existing network i have set up, but for the life of me i cant remember the password for it, its a WPA personal password, when i type in 192.168.0.1 for the router setup it comes up with username and password, i read on other forums that the username is admin and the password field you leave blank, but when i do the such said, it just flashes back up again, so does anyone know how to find the password or am i snookered

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I need to be able to communicate from my PC on the LAN (10.16.xx.xx) to a PLC / HMI is a furnace which have a 192.168.xx.xx type address and communicate with each other via a switch.

I was hoping to use static routing on a router (TP Link TL-R402M) to allow me to connect with the PLC. I have tried a few options but I am unable to ping. Please see attached for a layout and an example routing.

Do I need more than one routing defined ?

Any help would be appreciated.

-pm

A:TP Link Router Help

If the router portion of the TL-R402M has its LAN Address (Gateway Address) set as 10.16.0.13 with a sub-net mask of 255.255.255.0, it will only handle communications for devices on its LAN ports having addresses in the range of 10.16.0.1 ~ 10.16.0.255. If you plan on using a switch, and not a second router, for connecting the PLC, HMI and Barcode units to the TL-R402M, they will need unique IP addresses in that range and the PC will also need a unique IP address in that range. The 10.16.5.12 IP address for the PC will not work.

EDIT: Did some thinking over lunch. Are you connecting the PC to the WAN port of the TL-R402M and switch for the PLC, HMI and Barcode units to a LAN port of the TL-R402M? If so, please list separately the IP configuration data for both LAN and WAN portions of the TL-R402M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tp-link-router-help.1100962/
Relevancy 47.73%

hi everyone i have a tp link routerTL-WR941ND today i turn on the router and saw that light of port (1,2,3,4) , pow and wan is on the (sys,WLAN) are blinking , now only the power port is plugged but still have tha same problem ,
plz help i cant fix it
thanx all

A:help me in TP-Link router

If its brand new - it maybe faulty - I would try a factory reset see below
if that does not change anything , then i would return under warranty

User manual
http://www.planbweb.com.ar/manuales/Router_TP-Link_TL-WR941N-ND.pdf

1.4.2 The Rear Panel - Page 5
RESET:
There are two ways to reset to the Router's factory defaults:
1) Use the Factory Defaults function on System Tools -> Factory Defaults page in the
Router's Web-based Utility.
2) Use the Factory Default Reset button: Press the Reset button for five seconds and then
wait for the Router to rebootClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-in-tp-link-router.983516/
Relevancy 47.73%

My Wireless internet keeps turning on and off this has been happening ever since I've had my laptop. Well i have a D-Link 524 router, but i am having problems using it. i hooked the D-Link router up to my laptop using a DSL cable only, and thats it. i need to know how to get it working... help is greatly appreciated.

A:D-link Router

First welcome to Techspot forum.
Second have you updated the firmware on the 524?
Third have you udpated the drivers for wireless adapter for your laptop?

Try 2 and 3 and see if that fixes your problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-router.81140/
Relevancy 47.73%

I was just wondering, if there is a way that I could possibly retrieve my router account somewhere I tend to forgot it since I'm not having problems with my router since I bought it 3 to 4 years ago. Also, does having its factory settings pressed at the back of the router needs to be installed again? thanks hope for your replies

A:D-Link DIR-300 Router

From the online manual - these are the login default settings, if you changed these and cant remember , then you are not going to be able to access , without doing a factory reset

To access the configuration utility, open a web-browser such as Internet Explorer and enter the IP address of the router (192.168.0.1).
Enter the user name (admin) and your password. Leave the password blank by default.

Also, does having its factory settings pressed at the back of the router needs to be installed again?Click to expand...

You will need to re-configure the router after doing a factory reset, however, it depends if you needed to make any changes 3-4 years ago, you may just need to set up the wireless security, or do nothing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-dir-300-router.948352/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi i got the D-link from virgin last monday anyway i needed to open ports for my FTP server 615 help router D-link DIR i run and i mannaged to do it because i had to open the DMZ and it all worked afterwards however the problem started today after i reformatted my computer got everything running i re installed my FTP stuff to get the server back online but now the server won t connect though the URL or client i have reset the router back to Factory to start again still doesent work i have closed the ports and tried to open them still doesent work i have evan opend the program to allow on my firewall still doesent work i D-link DIR 615 router help evan tried to open port with U torrent still doesent work now i can t do it and it is stressing me out i had all this working last tuesday so i don t understand what has changed since reformatting my computer today i hope someone out there can help me please nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Today I bought a new TP-Link Wireless Router in China, (TL-WR845N), and set it up with followed instructions with the router IP setup too with 192.168.1.1.
Before, it was only LAN and now I bought the wireless to use my iPhone with it. Now LAN wont work at all on either of my computers. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Ethernet drivers, rebooted/checked the modem and router, but still couldn't get it to work.
My Windows XP shows connected, but Chrome says unable to connect to the Internet.

I've checked TCP/IP settings, made it automatic, still nothing.

Any tips?
Thanks, Chibichuba

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a d-link 624+ router and the status light has stopped flashing, i have reset it several times and still no change. Can anyone tell me if the router is dead or if I need to upload new firmware. If I do how do I do that if I can't communicate with the rounter? Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 47.73%

AAArrrrgggg I had PLEASE!! (DI-604) D-Link router HELP a D-link DI- router for about a year One day we were on the secondary computer and it locked up When we restarted the machine the router stopped working I unplugged the router and went D-Link (DI-604) router HELP PLEASE!! straight thrU my DSL Broadband modem and I could get to the Internet that way I tried resetting the router I started from scratch and unplugged every thing and started over and NOTHING I lowered my MTU to and then and about other numbers and nothing I went to D-link tech support and followed there instructions on resetting the DSL and router and NOTHING SSSSSOOOOO I bought a new one and guess what NOTHING I think I wasted my money All the proper lights are on and blinking I can get into the D-link software by going thru explorer and typing in the IP address but I just can t get it to connect to the Internet I m on a PC with OS ME SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I have D-Link router U and I'd like to use QoS on my router to get the highest On QoS Help using Router D-Link priority for internet for gaming surfing or w e Help using QoS On D-Link Router I had some issues configure the parameters so help me please pictures As u see I've enabled the QoS I've enabled here QoS too though I don't know what those options and DSCP means and if I even need it Here I've set its priority This Help using QoS On D-Link Router how it looks after I've done Help using QoS On D-Link Router making the 'QoS' for my pc ports not sure if its good This is the window where I need help insert the right details to give the priority to my PC the ports range are the ports for the game I play GunZ I found out those ports through Port Forward website I just want to know if the QoS is right or how can I make my whole PC with the highest priority and not just ports One more question Will disabling items help harm my internet And putting it in such order is better or give the web client network higher priority And also disabling all those items

A:Help using QoS On D-Link Router

Lol that ridiculous 800 people viewing and no one can actually help :|?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/168766-help-using-qos-d-link-router.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey i had a question about my router...its D-Link WBR-1310 model and it says it supports 802.11G, but the thing is my wireless car is a 802.11N should it still be able to pick up a signal off of this router? because it doesn't seem to work.

Relevancy 47.73%

I just updated my firmware for my d-link di-624 wireless router, now I can not get online using it I get the error message unable to find page. I had to take it out and run directly from my dsl modem to get on. Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 47.73%

I lost my Wi-Fi.Went through another installation process,and then got an error message " router must be reset to default username and pass word.How do I re-set to factory settings?
Thank You

A:Re: D-Link 615 Router

Use this search string
dlink 615 router support site:dlink.com
Results [ hits ] will include emulator pages.

Manual at http://www.dlink.com/us/en/support/...R 615/manual/DIR_615_Manual_RevE_v5_20_US.pdf

Disconnect power from the modem & router. Turn off your PC.
On the back of the router is a depression < 3mm diameter. Insert a blunt, narrow object such as a paperclip tip or optical drive tray release device. Hold down for 30 seconds, by the clock.

Release
Wait 30 sec to 5 min; depends upon your ISP tech support.
Re-connect power to / Turn on the ISP modem. When all the LEDs are solid green, except for stand by & PC Activity,
Connect power to the DIR 615
When the green LAN LED is solid, green, turn on your computer.

You are welcome.

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-d-link-615-router.1090869/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey i just bought a Dlink router and i was wondering why it wasn't being detected by my laptop and the drivers are all there and the wifi is turned on the light is on and i inserted the cd and went through set up...but when i connect the wire to my laptop it then detects it so basically it doesn't detect it wireless only when it is directly plugged into my laptop. Someone please help

A:D-Link Router help

So you saying that when you connect your laptop directly into the router via an ethernet cable to a LAN port on the router, the connection is fine but when it is unplugged, your cannot pick up the wireless signal?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-help.629240/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to connect a d-link wbr-2310 router to my computer. My internet connection is sbcglobal dsl. I was able to go trough the set up steps connecting the router and it said the connection was complete. My problem comes when I try to get into the router to set up the security features ip address 192.168.0.1 is the exact same ip as my SBC connection information page. I am unable to get into the router configuration page. I've tried accessing the IP address with my modem off which is useless as then I get a connection error/page can't load. HELP!!

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, Earlier when i was on my routers setup page checking a setting I kept getting an error message only when trying to log off "duplicate administrator this device is managed by 0.0.0.0 currently". This kind of bothered me cause I hadn't logged on to the router page from any other computer and had just reset the router. After that I checked to see if remote administration had been enabled somehow and it was disabled. I also have a strong password and the security log showed no login attempts other than my own.
Sorry if this seems like a stupid or pointless question but I'm just really curious as to what could cause this.

A:Belkin router page giving "duplicate administrator" when logging off

Only thing I can think of is you didn't happen to have multiple settings pages/tabs open at the same time did ya ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246192-belkin-router-page-giving-duplicate-administrator-when-logging-off.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello Dear friends...

How are you?

I have experienced certain problems with that router, DI-524 150MB D-link router... It works just fine with windows seven except for the fact that it requires me to switch it off at every 6 or 10 hours (as suggested by win 7's troubleshooter)

Unplug your router for 10 seconds and bla bla bla...

It works after that, the problem it that I have to do it again and again, over and over!

Could you help me to find out what is going on?

Many thanks

Offroad

A:Wireless DI-524 D-link router

Thats an old one isn't it, I don't see it listed on the D-Link forums? Do you have the latest firmware? Do you have any cordless phones in the same 2.4 GHz band? I did and they messed up my DIR-615. Double check your settings, I might even reset it to defaults and set it all up again. A common suggestion on the D-Link forums for problems like that is to disable "DNS Relay" and "Advanced DNS". You'll have to reboot your PC(s) if you disable DNS relay.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/83476-wireless-di-524-d-link-router.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Yesterday I went into my D-Link router settings and noticed some of them did not display I tried doing a reset to my Router and that s when all the trouble started After rebooting the computer I noticed that it would not connect to the Help D-Link please router Solved: internet So Solved: D-Link router Help please I tried unplugging the router and plug it back in but that did not work I then unplugged the cable modem and back in but that did not work either I thought well I have another wireless router that I should hook up since the wired one has been used for a long time but that would not connect me either I went to my network settings and noticed that one of the items was no longer there I cannot remember what it said So I tried running the network wizard again and that did not help I tried the find new hardware wizard and that did not help I have gone into quot Internet Protocol TCP IP and tried both Obtain IP Address Automatically and quot Use the following IP address quot which I had put and as Subnet Mask and rebooted the system both times I checked device manager and there is no conflicts I plugged my LAN line direct to the modem and it works fine which is how I am able to type in this forum I then tried to do a system restore but did not revert any network settings back Today I was going to do a Windows repair but when it load the files and devices my usb keyboard is not found or working I am at a loss of what to try next I even tried using a different cable for the WAN connection So here are the things I have Windows XP PRO SP Dell Intel Core Duo GHz with GB RAM - under that it says Physical address Extension My Router is a D-Link DL- and the other one i tried is a DL- Any help would be extremely appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have a D-Link DSL 604+ Router and modem conected to a 2mb broadband connection which works fine appart from me only getting 2kbs download speeds when using bittorrent. I have been told that this may be because i have not configured some ports on my router? Is anyone able to help me solve this problem Please

A:D-Link Router Configuration

Won't get much help with this issue due to the function of bittorrent....I doubt it is your router, however

http://forums.techguy.org/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_faq_p2p
[tsg=welcome]to TSG![/tsg]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-configuration.407494/
Relevancy 47.3%

Good afternoon,

I hope someone can help with my current problem. I recently (Sunday) bought an HP laptop model dv5-1235dx running Vista Premium 64-bit with wireless-G. I am successful in connecting to a D-Link G router (sorry no model number as it was a hand me down from a buddy of mine, but it is about 1-2 years old), however after about 15-20 minutes the internet stops responding and I have to disconnect from the network and reconnect for it to work again. Is there some troubleshooting I can do to try to prevent this? (Also, I am switching the location of my internet Friday and will be upgrading to a D-Link N router I recently purchased at Fry's so maybe this problem will stop occurring) Thanks in advance.

Bob

A:D-Link Router & new HP Laptop

Make sure you have the latest driver for the wireless adapter; from HP's web site if it is an integrated adapter.

Make sure you have the latest router firmware upgrade, then reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-new-hp-laptop.808522/
Relevancy 47.3%

am using a D-link DIR 300 wi-fi router connected to my router Beetel 110..m having airtel Broadband

sometimes i am having issues with the connection....my browser stops workig in the middle...
i am using u-torrent...download speed aint tht gud..it used to be though!!!!
and also am not able to open the ports in the settings menu....i have added the ports in the advanced settings..but when i look for them on the net ... it says port is still closed....

can anybody help me out!!!

A:problem with d-link wi-fi router

From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.

We are aware that there are legal applications for file sharing but we have chosen to take this postion as we cannot determine when the assistance requested is for illegal or legal purposes and the illegal far outweigh the legal in this medium.Click to expand...

This thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-d-link-wi-fi-router.774942/
Relevancy 47.3%

My girlfriend s Laptop has bit of a strange problem now im normally ace with tech stuff like this but for some reason her dad spent Laptop. and D-Link Router a whole D-Link Router and Laptop. day trying to get her laptop to work with the D-Link Router but had NO luck so he bought a D-link USB Network adapter She was then able to connect and use the net but me being a plank D-Link Router and Laptop. BROKE the USB adapter accidently Using FN an F key i switch the wireless on which they had no idea thats how you turned wireless on but no matter what we do the laptop wont connect It says the router is not responding Now before i go D-Link Router and Laptop. off and buy her a new router is there anything i can do to solve this problem Iv tried restarting updating all firmware updates but still nothing password is correct we reset it about times and all settings are fine within the laptop and router We even turned IPV off which i know has some issues Help is a thanks in advan nbsp

A:D-Link Router and Laptop.

What's the exact make and model of the modem and router?
What is the version and patch level of Windows on the machine?
Does it work with a wired connection?
Let's see this with a wired connection to the laptop.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-and-laptop.829951/
Relevancy 47.3%

From what i hear d-link routers are suppossed to be easy to set up but thats not what im finding . any way i recently bought a d-link wbr-2310 wireless router and upgraded my internet to hughes net 1 mb service, when i connect my (xp home) computer direcly to the modem the internet works fine, but through the router i will only have connection for a short period of time even if running through the ethernet port , i can always access the router even when the internet connection goes bad so what is configured wrong ?.i have gone throught the setup wizzard more times then i can count and also manually configured the connection countless times . any help would be appreciated as im at my witts end

A:D-link router issues

Reset the router and try connecting to the internet without running any setup software

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-router-issues.116148/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I have a new D-Link router I cannot setup despite having followed all instructions on the setup CD and get D-Link Router Problem a completed successfully message When I try to setup a new network for it in the computer it does not recoginize the router D-Link Router Problem It seems rather strange that the setup instructions for the router require an Ethernet connection from the router to the computer and another from the router to the modem This is quot wireless quot I use Win bit Asus K D laptop but cdannot find anywhere it says to connect to WiFi It does say internet acces through my Network and in the inferastructure of that network I see the DIR- icon but clicking on it does nothing So it says it is succesful in setup but only going through a modem When I turn offf the modem the internet connection breaks Any advice Did I give you enough information Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D-Link Router Problem D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc K Dr Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I have been using a d-link router for some time now and since yesterday it has stopped working I have an orange world light on all the time After looking around this site I have tried resetting etc and nothing works If I plug the ethernet cable into the modem I can get on the internet if I plug the cable into the router router @ d-link GRRRR then nothing These are the details I got GRRRR @ d-link router from the config all when I plugged the ethernet into the router Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Sandy gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name acer-pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - - C- -B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings Sandy gt Can someone please help nbsp

A:GRRRR @ d-link router

Looks like the D-Link has died. Hopefully, I am wrong.

Try this from JohnWill. Doesn't look like a stack issue, but won't hurt.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog
Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/grrrr-d-link-router.1026402/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a D-link 604 router that I found at my old house. It used to work but now I have moved it to a new place and even though it is on the same computer it isnt allowing me to access the internet. I looked at the manual and tried to go through the setup process but the access was denied possibly due to a password created by one of my family members and is long gone. I figured it should still work because I didn't change computers. However the one thing I did different was try to do a secondary connection to a different computer than before. But should it not still work on the initial pc I set it up on? Any help will be appreciated.

A:D-Link 604 router not working

What type of internet connection do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-604-router-not-working.380852/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
I just bought a dlink dir-615 router recently. Unfortunately it has a problem where the only way I can access the internet is by setting a static dns address of 4.2.2.3 on all my computers. Is there any way to fix this? help is much appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

I bought this by mistake. I wanted a router to connect to my phone line simply for use with my Windows 7 Desktop, Laptop and Android tablet computers. I believe I should have got a different model which includes a modem.
My question is: If I get another modem/router is there any use that can be made of the TL-WR741ND Router in a simple setup?I wonder if I could use it to boost the signal, for instance.

A:TP Link TL-WR741ND Router

If you get a modem/router you can cascade the routers or use the TL-WR741ND as an ethernet switch and wireless access point.

Why not just get a modem since you already have the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tp-link-tl-wr741nd-router.1098545/
Relevancy 47.3%

All right, this is the first forum I've come to to ask about some things I'm finding trouble with from my DI-604.

I just recently got my D-Link device so I could be playing xbox live as my sister was on the computer talking to her friends. Now unfortunately, I have all hooked up and ready to go but alas, I do as the instruction booklet says and I:

1. "Start" --> "Run" --> "cmd" --> "ipconfig/release"

Boom, as soon as I hit enter after I typed in "ipconfig/release", the computer says:

"The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation."

I'm stumped. I've tried all I can think of and even got my dad to come down and try hooking it up. No use. Can anyone help me?

A:DI-604 Trouble (D-Link Router.)

You have a static IP address on the computer, if you have XP goto network connections and right click local area connection and selcel properties.

Hight internet protocol TCP/IP and select properties. Set this to obtain IP address automaticly and DNS automaticly.

Now you will be able to pull an IP addess from the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/di-604-trouble-d-link-router.368787/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a D-link wireless router and am curious as to why it keeps renewing the Ip address, I have seen it do this when it looses connection but the computer I am having trouble always says that the connection is excellent. I thought it was my ISP but it even cuts out when I try to stream music from the other local desktop computer.

A:Trouble with D-Link router

sounds like an issue with dhcp on the router is the system that gives out ip addresses or its just dlink being a dlink if i was you id just pack that dlink up in the box and send it back

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-d-link-router.103824/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all I got a TP-link Tl-WDR4900 (N900) Router that actually seems to work fine but I got a yellow triangle in control panel / devise manager see pic below, tried to update driver but it seems tp-link have stopped support for this model ??? I not had long and was ?80 quid ish, I did get email support but was rubbish advise nearly destroyed my installation of windows manage to get back to square one but still got the triangle ???

reason for wanting triangle to be fixed one it should be, two think this is why I am having trouble with an external drive im trying to format in fat 32 ...... any help advice welcome

A:TP-Link Router issues

Hello web I see you have been waiting for a while and yes I see what you mean by lack of support. I have a TP-Link modem router of a fair vintage now and I got really good support back then.
But if yours is fairly new then I would just contact them direct again - I had to when setting mine up and they were quite helpful.

Now you didn't say if the device came with any software?? The other option and I know you have just spent a bit of money on this thing is to get a modem / router the TP-Link TD-W8950N Wireless N 150 ADSL2+ out here is only $33 and this - TP-Link TD-W8970 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router is $79 plus there is stuff in between then you have the whole show in one spot. Me I like cabled stuff and this one does both wifi and Ethernet cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/362207-tp-link-router-issues.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

I have the following problem: main PC is connected with cable to the router (type in title), another PC is by wifi connection. It is about 10 m from the router and the wifi often gets disconnected. Is it worth updating the router firmware or should I use a cable between the router and PC? If rather cable, what type should I use? Is simple LAN/UTP cable sufficient? I did not make any changes in router settings panel, no idea how to improve wifi connection by these settings.

Thanks a lot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tp-link-wr-841n-router-with-2-pcs.1167795/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have a cable internet and using a cable modem and a d-link wireless router to receive the internet Everything was fine till last week when my wireless stopped to work I unplugged the wireless router and plugged it again and it worked But after - hours it Router D-Link Wireless happened again and this time even unplug-plug the router didn t work Right now I can connect to the internet via the modem and cable D-Link Wireless Router But I cannot see the router signal at all neither on my MacBook nor on my iPhone The router LED lights are work as usual POWER LED solid green M blinking red light M solid red light WAN blinking green light The cable modem is connected to the WAN port in the router by a cable I try to connect D-Link Wireless Router to the router by using a cable connected to one of the LAN ports but it doesn t get the IP I also try to access to the router configuration with the address but I couldn t even ping this address I also pressed the reset button in the router and hold it for seconds in the power-on state but nothing happened BTW I am not sure if I am using a correct cable to connect the router to the laptop Is there any difference between the cables It drives me crazy during the past days and I really appreciate if anyone can help me --Mari nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have a D-Link Router Model: WBR-2310.

Could I use a Linksys Wireless N USB Network Adapter wth that D-Link? Will it support?

Where could I check? please provide me a link

Thank you for your help.

A:D-Link router question

You would need to check the linksys website to see if the adapter
is capable of handling wireless G.
The router can't run wireless N.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-question.857240/
Relevancy 47.3%

I got used to Linksys router log (optionally on the screen) which resolved all IP addresses to domain names, such as bleeping computer and all the advertisers witin. D-Link doesn't seem to have a log like that. What's there is virtually useless, bunch of rejected IP addresses by the firewall or something. No log of where I go, nothing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52476/di-624-d-link-router-log-needs-improvement/
Relevancy 47.3%

Need some help on this problem I have a four machine home network sharing an cable connection through a hub Everything works perfectly I just purchased a D-Link DI- P seven port router The router is setup fine but two of my machines can not see the router the other two work OK I ve tried pinging the router changing the ports on the router rebooting the router resetting the router gone through the Machines of See Can D-Link 2 4 Only Router network configurations on the machines tried setting a static IP all with no success None of these machines are running a firewall The only change to my network is replacing a hub with a router that s it However if I reconnect these two machines to my hub D-Link Router Can Only See 2 of 4 Machines and then connect the hub to the router everything works I called D-Link support and they tried to get things going but were unable to The guy told me that he has never heard of this before I find D-Link Router Can Only See 2 of 4 Machines it D-Link Router Can Only See 2 of 4 Machines hard to believe that I m the only person that has had this problem I can t figure it out Any ideas All help appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

One computer will work off either the modem, or thru the router. The other only gets on the internet when hooked directly to the modem. The DSL service was set up to work on this one. I suspect it has something to do with IP address but I don't know how to change it so it will also work thru the router. Also worth mentioning is the one that will do both is running XP Pro, while the one that won't uses XP Home editon. Any suggestions appreciated.

Laremac

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I ve recently started having trouble with my old D-Link di- wireless router I checked some of the old forum posts but couldn t find my issue exactly and I m hoping someone di-524 problem router Link D can help me out here A couple of days ago our wireless network started having problems - mostly just taking a long time to access websites This continued for a day or two and then our wireless network just D Link di-524 router problem disappeared altogether It s not listed among the possible networks my computer can connect to I tried turning both the router and the modem off and on and resetting them I called our provider Comcast who reset the modem remotely If I connect a computer to the modem OR to the router with an ethernet cable the internet connection works fine so there is D Link di-524 router problem obviously an internet signal coming through the modem to the router The problem seems to be D Link di-524 router problem that the router is not sending that wireless signal on We have a pretty basic setup - Macbooks using our home wireless network and a WD media player we got a couple weeks ago that is hardwired to the router All these things have worked fine for some time The router itself is probably years old and I wonder if its time is up Any thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I have DIR 655 router. On the side there is a small button that when pressed it blinks. I cant find anywhere in the manual that explains the purpose. Does anyone know what it is for?

Thanks.

A:D-Link router question.

If you're talking about the button on the right side that has two arrows in a circle, that's the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button. You're right, the manual never mentions it. I have a DIR-601, which also has the button and no mention in the manual. I've never used this function, but I think it is the hardware equivalent to pressing the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button in the web-based configuration utility.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/157430-d-link-router-question.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi.

I've got a D-Link Wireless Router (which, conveniently, mostly has Chinese interface), and I often get these messages when I start up:
"ANIWZCS2 Service Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close."
I've heard I might need to upgrade my drivers, but I'm reluctant because it was such a pain in the arse to get the thing working in the first place. Any suggestions?
I also get a warning right at start up that the "CPU is over temperature - press F1 to resume", which seems to be related to the router again (because I've only had the warning since I've had the router). Again, any thoughts?

Thanks, you guys!

SOS.

Relevancy 47.3%

I am trying to set up the software for my router. I go to the web page indicated ie http://192.168.0.1 and put in my disk for set up wizard but when it gets to choose time zone (I am UK) only one button shows!! ie back - whereas, "next" is also supposed to be an option!! Any idea's what I can do guys as I am lost! and my son is desperate to get his computer on the net!! (I have tried the D-Link site but cannot find anything on my problem)

A:Router set up problems D-Link DI-614+

I'd reset the router to factory defaults, and just set it up using the configuration screens. There's no need for the setup CD for any configuration of that router, I have one here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-set-up-problems-d-link-di-614.303647/
Relevancy 47.3%

I just bought this router and I'm having some trouble connecting to it wirelessly. I have it hooked up to my desktop through cables and want to connect to it wirelessly with my laptop. It's working on the desktop, but I can't connect wirelessly. All the lights are on except for the "Status" light. I know this has to be on so it must be the problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:D-Link DI-524 Airplus router

http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DI-524#

the status light should be blinking when working correctly - however, you say it works on the desktop via a cable.

you should have a ssid of default being broadcast
try this program which identifies wireless signals
it should tell you if you laptop wireless is working

Free software to check signal strength of wireless is netstumbler 0.4.0 available for download from http://www.stumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-di-524-airplus-router.280643/
Relevancy 47.3%

Browser problem: D-link 802.11g/2. Have used it with no problem for years with my iMac. Overnight, it has failed; no unusual events, except for a short loss of power. My network does not appear as a choice under "airport." I have unplugged the browser, restarted the computer, etc., without result. As my instructions provide, I have typed "192.168.0.1 as a URL, but do not get the form requesting username, etc., that I think I'm supposed to see. What am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 47.3%

So my problem is that my Pc cant find my router but can find others in the same area I have had this problem ones before but its some time ago and i dont remember what to do My router is a D-Link dir- and im using a Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Evrything worked fine untill the internett suddenly went down and i had problems with connecting from diffrent devices in the house so in the end i held in the little button on it that says restar as far as i know it should get back to quot Factory settings quot if i do that After i reset it and went trough the quick install disc that followed adding a name to it and a password as i have done before But after this i still dident manage to connect to the router with my PC but laptops iphones and PS can still connect to it I dont rly know what i should post so i just post what i got from the TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI G M-P MS- Antivirus None nbsp

A:Cant connect to D-link router.

So it seem like i realy am a Beginner at this xD

I kept searching around for answers and found one just telling mee to **** down evrything, modem,router and PC and now it works
But i would still like to say that this website looks like a awesome place

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-d-link-router.1059307/
Relevancy 47.3%

So my problem is that my Pc cant find my router but can find others in the same area I have had this problem ones before but its some time ago and i dont remember what to do My router is a D-Link dir- and im using a Linksys Wireless-G Cant D-link connect to router. PCI Adapter Evrything worked fine untill the internett suddenly went down and i had problems with connecting from diffrent devices in the house so in the end i held in the little button on it that says restar as far as i know it should get back to quot Factory settings quot if i do that After i reset it and went trough the quick install disc Cant connect to D-link router. that followed adding a name to it and a password as i have done before But after this i still dident manage to connect to the router with my PC but laptops iphones and PS can still connect to it so im sure its somthing with my PC or adapter but i have no idea to fix it I dont rly know what i should post so i just post what i got from the TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI G M-P MS- Antivirus None nbsp

A:Cant connect to D-link router.

Does your system recognize the wireless adapter in the "Device Manager"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-d-link-router.1059306/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi!
is there a way to disable the logging in this router?
thx

A:D-link 704p router

first it is not recomended. a router is a great line of defence agianst hackers and scriptkiddies. and if a good pasword is chosen it eliminates the bad hacker and almost all the scriptkiddie threat (people that spoof for passwords)

second most likly you would have to rewrite the bios in the router to do this (at least my router and my moms)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-704p-router.344208/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a D-Link WBR-2310 wireless router.

It was working fine until I tried to secure the network by setting a password and username at http://192.168.0.1/

I completed the forms but when I chose to save the settings the browser indicated that it was loading a new page but it did not change and I did not get any error message.

It may be important that I was using the wireless network to change it's own settings.

The network is still listed in my available wireless networks as unsecured with it's default name but I can not connect to it.

Also, the page for http://192.168.0.1/ does not load when I plug the modem straight into my laptop and the reset button on the router is non-functional.

A:D-Link Router does not connect

Hi:Any router changes should be made using a hardwired connection to the router.
See if that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-does-not-connect.905026/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi good day I just want to know if there s any issues about D-Link router s router NAT through D-Link problem especially DI- router and WBR- router because when I use my Xbox to my DI- router it works fine after I open the ports to it I tried to connect my other computer to join and use the Xbox but it won t work and gives an error through the NAT connection problem I haven t NAT problem through D-Link router get the exact error but I will try to get ASAP and I am not sure if it s on the router because as far as I know the NAT on my DI- router cannot be disable or can be chage It also applies on my friends WBR- router Can you give me an idea what to do and please give me an answers about NAT connection problems on different gaming devices such as XBox PS PS and PSP about NAT problem Thank you so much Hope you can help me and add my knowledge about it Again Tnx nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys, I can't seem to portforward on the new D-Link routers? I got my router this year, so it's one of the new black ones that stand up? It has all of the wifi info on the side of the router. Anyway, I'm trying to portforward, followed a couple of guides but when I go on 'canyouseeme' it says it's not open?
Is there any video tutorials for portforwarding with this router because I'm fed up now.
Thanks 7F.,
Ryan.

A:Portforwarding with the Sky D-Link router?

This may sound dumb...but have you been to:- Port Forwarding Guides Listed by Manufacturer and Model - PortForward.com They are good for sorting out this problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/163680-portforwarding-sky-d-link-router.html
Relevancy 47.3%

d-link dsl g-604t router, bt 2.2mbs broadband

Just today my router stopped working, the routers adress 192.168.1.1 gives a 'problem loading page' error even though it the pc is connected to the router ad is showing that in the taskbar (next to clock). I can't connect to the internet either as teh router does not seem to be detecting the connection (no light).
I've tried power-cycling it and replugging connections but nothing.
Also, I've got a usb modem which works fine, i can connect to the internet etc. so it can't be anything like the microfilter or connection

Any ideas?
thanks

A:d-link router problems

Did you try connecting directly to the broadband modem with that machine, using the same Ethernet connection and cable? (remember to power cycle the modem) If that works, the router is either confused or dead. Try a factory reset on the router, if that doesn't work, time for a new router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-problems.585547/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys!
Previously had a belkin wireless router set up with my d-link ADSL modem but found that i had to keep restarting the router as the green lights would appear and work fine for an hour or so but then either dissappear or start flashing and the signal strength was crap.So just bought a new D-link DIR 615 router and installed it but in a way its giving me the same problem. It works fine but after an hour so maybe more i see that the led next to the power button that i believe is the internet led is orange and i i have to restart the router sometimes a few times to bring back the internet. what do you reckon the problem might be?any help is appreciated.Cheers guys

A:Wireless Router D-Link help!

Well, since two routers have failed in the same way with that modem, have you considered the issue may be the modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-d-link-help.927830/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hmm... Im using a d- link router and i have the same problem

A:Can't connect to D-Link router

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-d-link-router.619883/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok, heres the problem.

I have a D-link wireless N router, my PC is connected to it directly. I also have another PC in the living room connected to it with a USB wireless adapter.

When the wireless PC is connected to it, every 30-45 seconds or so I get an internet freeze spike, as in my internet stops responding ( no error message or anything ), when the wireless PC is turned off, everything is fine.

The wireless PC is not downloading anything, no viruses or spyware on neither.

Both are running windows XP home.

ANyone know why this could be happening ?

Edit;

my network card:
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

A:D-link wireless N router.

are you using wzc or the usb adapter utility for wireless?

have you setup the wireless onnection, are you using encryption?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-wireless-n-router.698970/