Windows Support Forum

HP DV5-1233SE stuck at HP logo and will not boot

Q: HP DV5-1233SE stuck at HP logo and will not boot

HP DV5-1233SE won't past the HP logo screen

Guys,

This is my 2nd time having issue with this laptop where it will not boot and just stuck at the hp logo screen. The 1st time it happened about 8 months ago and it was still under warranty so HP fixed it by replacing the system board and ram. This time it is out of warranty and looks like the same problem. Has anyone encounter the same issue? Can anyone share how you guys fixed it without having to send it to HP?

I am pretty technical guy so I should be able to fix it once I know what is the cause of this problem. I am suspecting it is the motherboard as i could not even get to the BIOS. I tested the ram and harddisk seem to be working by switching them to my friend's hp laptop.

Please, please, assistance is needed here.....Thanks!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP DV5-1233SE stuck at HP logo and will not boot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP DV5-1233SE stuck at HP logo and will not boot

what a pity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv5-1233se-stuck-at-hp-logo-and-will-not-boot.143882/
Relevancy 71.38%

I m new here and have searched the web but can t seem to find similar symptoms I ve noticed after performing various updates either to whatever programs or Windows itself - any ones that require a re-start that when I re-start my laptop and when the Alienware logo appears booting basically - at normal slow, stuck almost re-boot screen non-existant Alienware boot VER / logo warm cold freezes I m only having issues when I restart even when there are no pending updates to anything nbsp I tested today and booting actually continues on its own but VERY slowly nbsp If I get stuck at this screen and I press my power button the laptop immediately turns off nbsp Pressing the power button VER slow, almost non-existant warm re-boot / normal cold boot - stuck at Alienware logo screen again boots the machine to what I consider normally nbsp It basically whizzes by the Alienware logo screen and VER slow, almost non-existant warm re-boot / normal cold boot - stuck at Alienware logo screen into Windows without issue nbsp If I fully shutdown then use the power button to boot up everything goes normally too nbsp Re-starting anytime is when my issue occurs My system OS Name Microsoft Windows ProVersion Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft CorporationSystem Manufacturer AlienwareSystem Model Alienware System Type x -based PCSystem SKU Alienware Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Alienware A SMBIOS Version Embedded Controller Version BIOS Mode LegacyBaseBoard Manufacturer AlienwareBaseBoard Model Not AvailableBaseBoard Name Base BoardPlatform Role MobileSecure Boot State UnsupportedPCR Configuration Binding Not PossibleWindows Directory C WINDOWSSystem Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United StatesHardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Time Zone Eastern Daylight TimeInstalled Physical Memory RAM GBTotal Physical Memory GBAvailable Physical Memory GBTotal Virtual Memory GBAvailable Virtual Memory GBPage File Space GBPage File C pagefile sysHyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions YesHyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions YesHyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware YesHyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes I ve done ePSA tests and other Dell checks and all tests return no problems Any suggestions nbsp Anyone else see this

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981181
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey my HP NoteBook 15 will boot up but it'll do one of two things. It will either boot up and say preparing auto repair, then it will stop and then it,ll go to a lighted black screen. Or it will just boot up and continue trying to load a little bit and then go to the lighted black screen. Either way it ends up going to the lighted black screen. If I could get some help that would be fantastic. Please and thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Stuck-on-HP-logo-on-boot/td-p/5670013
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I have a vizio all in one pc that came preinstalled with windows 7, I upgraded this pc to windows 8.1, it's been running fine ever since I did, yesterday I shut the PC down before going to the beach and then when I came home I tried to start her up and it doesn't get past the vizio (brand) logo during boot, after this logo would come the blue windows tiles that show the system starting up but this doesn't happen, it's just stuck and I can't seem to get it into bios, when I press ctrl+alt+delete it restarts but nothing still stays stuck, please help thank you ._.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575057/stuck-at-logo-screen-during-boot/
Relevancy 70.09%

I am trying to dual boot Windows Home Premium and Ubuntu on my laptop Toshiba Portege M I had Ubuntu installed previously but I decided to wipe my hard drive before installing Windows I used GParted to delete all my partition and setup two new ones first Stuck the during boot logo Windows at I formated the first partition as NFTS for Windows After that I proceeded Stuck at the Windows logo during first boot to installing Windows The first time I tried it I was successful although I did need to reformat that NFTS partition I had made because it said that the Stuck at the Windows logo during first boot partition table type Stuck at the Windows logo during first boot GUID was not compatible Windows installed fine after that However when I try to install Ubuntu it sees the whole disk as blank I tried resolving this issue with GParted but that too saw the drive as if it were blank even though Windows was installed After that I booted up the GParted Live CD once again and changed the partition table to MS-DOS My Windows boots up and goes through all the tasks before the first boot up When it restarts for the first time it fails to boot it simply stays on the glowing Windows logo I've tried formatting the entire disk through the Windows disk and partitioning from there several times and I still get the same results I've checked my BIOS and put it in it's default settings but still nothing

A:Stuck at the Windows logo during first boot

Hello teKro, welcome to Seven Forums!

Try using the Windows disk to do a complete wipe "clean all" of the entire HDD and create the partitions with that also to see if it'll work for you; have a look at this tutorial at the link below.
Be sure to post back to keep us informed.

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/109541-stuck-windows-logo-during-first-boot.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I recently installed windows pro with a temporary machine on Logo Stuck boot Windows first on using sysprep and audit mode I have since move it into the intended machine but it stays stuck on the windows logo without loading animation I tried automatic repair but windows tell me it can't do that and a system refresh also isn't possible because quot the drive is locked quot I know from logs that the sysprep isn't even being run so it has to be a bios driver error I enabled boot logging and looking through the lines the following where being repeated BOOTLOG NOT LOADED netrasa inf mp-ip-dispname WAN Miniport IP BOOTLOG NOT LOADED wvms mp inf vmsvsmp desc Hyper-V Virtual Switch Extension Adapter BOOTLOG NOT LOADED netsstpa inf mp-sstp-dispname WAN Miniport SSTP BOOTLOG NOT LOADED netavpna inf mp-agilevpn-dispname WAN Miniport IKEv BOOTLOG NOT LOADED nettun inf teredo displayname Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter BOOTLOG NOT LOADED kdnic Stuck on Windows Logo on first boot inf kdnic devicedesc Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter BOOTLOG NOT LOADED netrasa inf mp-ipv -dispname WAN Miniport IPv BOOTLOG NOT LOADED hal inf acpi amd devicedesc ACPI x -based PC BOOTLOG NOT LOADED netrasa inf mp-pptp-dispname WAN Miniport PPTP BOOTLOG NOT LOADED netrasa inf mp-bh-dispname WAN Miniport Network Monitor BOOTLOG NOT LOADED oem inf sensorssimulatordriver devicedesc Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor BOOTLOG NOT LOADED netrasa inf mp-l tp-dispname WAN Miniport L TP BOOTLOG NOT LOADED wvms mp inf vmsmp desc Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter BOOTLOG NOT LOADED netrasa inf mp-pppoe-dispname WAN Miniport PPPOE BOOTLOG NOT LOADED cpu inf intelppm devicedesc Intel Processor BOOTLOG NOT LOADED d e -e - ce-bfc - be BOOTLOG NOT LOADED cdrom SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED aswSnx SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED aswSP SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED SystemRoot System drivers BasicDisplay sys BOOTLOG NOT LOADED SystemRoot System drivers dxgkrnl sys BOOTLOG NOT LOADED tdx SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED NetBT SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED aswRdr SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED AFD SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED Psched SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED vwififlt SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED NetBIOS SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED hvservice SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED rdbss SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED CSC SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED Wanarpv SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED nsiproxy SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED discache SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED Dfsc SYS BOOTLOG NOT LOADED dam SYS Any insight into this is greatly appreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/40337-stuck-windows-logo-first-boot.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Ive had boot Windows at Stuck Logo this problem for quite some time now now but it seems to occur at random times The problem is that when I boot up the system the windows logo screen comes up shows as loading the screen blinks once then continues loading and nothing else happens it just stays at loading Ive spoken to a friend once about it and we tried running sdfix in safemode and it seems to get us around the problem but the error still occurs at random times I use CA antivirus and it has detected a few viruses in the past as well as some malware and I regularly clean them up I am in the process of doing a pandascan now and will post immediately after it finishes here is a copy of a deckard system scan tho as ive read it may be more reliable than just a hijackthis log Deckard's System Scanner v Run by user on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- HijackThis run as user exe ------------------------------------------------ Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Stuck at Windows Logo boot MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus ISafe exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exe c Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus VetMsg exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite cctray cctray exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus CAVRID exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spyware CAPPActiveProtection exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spyware PPCtlPriv exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite ccprovsp exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings user Desktop Fix Computer Files dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK user exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo u C - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo u C - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - H... Read more

A:Stuck at Windows Logo boot

Bump 8 days....
any help would be greatly appreciated ^_^ thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/stuck-at-windows-logo-boot-279570.html
Relevancy 70.09%

This afternoon I turned on my PC, I suddenly saw that the BIOS boot progression bar was starting at half way, it moved less than a cm it gets stuck there. I have tried turning off and spamming F12, F2, F5 etc, I can't get in to the options to boot from an Ubuntu disc I have so at least I can get data off the HDD. I am worried its my mobo or something thats gone. Any ideas would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advanced

A:Stuck on Dell Boot logo

Welcome
If you cannot load ubuntu, it is a hardware problem. It can be anything, but the first suspect would be the hard drive.
Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/300475-stuck-dell-boot-logo.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I m stuck in a never-ending loop in the Windows XP Boot Screen with the Logo and the Logo XP Stuck Screen on Windows Boot Blue Progress Bar Whenever I boot into it I get stuck in it No the computer doesn t restart it just stays there I think what may have caused it is when I tried to Hibernate my computer it hanged so I powered it down by holding the power button for seconds The thing is though is that I ve done this a LOT of times on my old computer and never had any problems I turn it back on to find that I m now stuck in the loop I ve tried Stuck on Windows XP Logo Boot Screen System Restore Points that took about hour each chkdsk f v HDD Regenerator unplugging peripherals uninstalling my Graphics Driver Network Card Drivers and NICs used the Repair option from my Windows XP disc used SpinRite Level and a few more I can t remember none of them worked I also have UBCD Win and Hiren s Boot Disk Ever since I ve done the Repair I can t get into Safe Mode any more saying that quot Windows XP Setup can t be started under Safe Mode The Setup will now restart quot After I click OK the computer restarts so a bit of a problem there Would appreciate any help Post your thoughts whatever A little contribution could go a long way

A:Stuck on Windows XP Logo Boot Screen

You could try running the fixmbr command from the Recovery Console of the XP install CD.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257523/stuck-on-windows-xp-logo-boot-screen/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi everyone I took delivery of a Gb k stuck dell 9550 boot - logo on at weeks ago Did all the usual updates - only problem was the flickering screen which I see is due to be fixed in a later BIOS update Then days ago I got the win anniversary update Since then the times I ve turned it on from cold it s sat at the nbsp dell nbsp logo amp never booted windows Both times I ve been able to fix it by going into the BIOS not changing anything but saving amp 9550 - stuck on dell logo at boot restarting Then 9550 - stuck on dell logo at boot it boots fine I found some older posts from people with these kinds of problems but I wasn t sure whether those issues were still present in the latest BIOS which I ve got or if I had some other issue It seems odd that it only happened after the anniversary update but it would be equally strange for the anniversary update to affect a cold boot but not a reboot Any ideas

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988780
Relevancy 69.23%

I just got my new computer today CybertronPC Borg-Q GM4213A Desktop. I turned it on and installed the windows 8.1 64bit disc and once it was done downloading it switched to the windows logo screen and stayed there for a good 2 hours, then i turned it off and on again and it's been repeatedly just doing the same thing over and over. I've been stressing over this all day. It's brand new and i dont know why it's already having issues. Please help me with this issue. Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592466/new-computer-wont-boot-up-stuck-on-windows-logo/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello I have a notebook XP logo screen boot stuck at - No either safe Amilo Pi Windows XP Home bits Until yesterday it was working just fine When I opened it today it just stuck on the black windows logo screen I tried every safe boot but it won t work If I remember correctly at most of them if not all XP stuck at logo screen - No safe boot either it was just a black screen with an underscore on the upper left corner but I could not write anything I tried unsuccessfully the restore point function and to get into the recovery consol Also I tried mini XP and one time would get stuck and the other would get in a wallpaper with no icons and no response I managed to get into the computer with PartedMagic I suspected the hard disk since it had some problems but it was generally ok I run GSmartControl now and it had BASIC HEALTH CHECK PASSED although there were some errors I am not sure if it has to do anything with a brief - sec- power loss yesterday night Although it restarted normally after this Another problem is I have forgotten the windows xp cd far away from my current location and if I remember I need to have this exact cd for a repair installation because a the xp serial number is erased and b it includes some drives that normal installation cds do not have and I d have to do slipstreaming or sth like that I wrote too much I think Anyway if you need any more info please ask for it Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

I wanted to dual boot Win 7 64 with my vista 32 but after the install completes and the computer reboots it hangs on the Win 7 boot logo and then just stays there until i turn off the power button. It's kinda like the problem when you have a USB plugged in and the boot logo hangs except there's nothing plugged into the comp. Reinstalled again the the same result. When I look at the win 7 drive from vista it looks like all the files are all there but it just keeps hanging on that logo =(. What should I do?

Also when i try and boot into safemode it hangs on "Classpnp.sys"
I've looked elsewhere and seen that people solved this problem by updating bios but I have the latest version of mine =(
I've tried EVERY boot option in F8 to no avail.

A:Stuck on Boot Logo After Fresh Install

What hardware do you have? Please fill out the "my system specs" portion of your profile.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/25430-stuck-boot-logo-after-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Can't even boot in safe mode or the repair mode or from the Windows installation disk always gets stuck at the Windows logo screen where it says quot Windows Starting quot When trying to boot normal I get the quot reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device quot error The only way I can get past this error is by rebooting and going into and exiting the BIOS without changing any settings at all weird Then once I get past the error the computer hangs on at Win logo screen I dont get this error when booting from the DVD The computer does not halt Windows Screen Boot 7 - At Stuck Logo Win Can't though the animation of the windows symbol keeps going Can't Boot Windows 7 - Stuck At Win Logo Screen So far the only things I have done are remove all my USB devices except for the keyboard and disabled the hardware in the BIOS that I don't need for booting I have disabled the hard drive when trying to boot from disk and disabled the optical drives when trying to boot from the hard drive but still gets stuck at the screen either way Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:Can't Boot Windows 7 - Stuck At Win Logo Screen

ISSUE RESOLVED

While I was moving the CMOS jumpers around to clear the BIOS settings, I unplugged my DVD burner (this had been disabled in the BIOS for a while) because it had started having issues being detected by the computer. When I set my BIOS settings back up, the pc was still hanging at the logo screen. I rebooted and tried to boot into the repair console......and it worked. I did a system restore and now everything is up and running.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/191452-cant-boot-windows-7-stuck-win-logo-screen.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello.  So recently it just tried to boot up my laptop ( as usual) and i noticed it took rlly long and it just was stuck at the HP screen. I left it loading all day , and at the end it was still at the same HP screen. I tried hard resets everything. I even tried reinstalling windows , but everytime i finnish that, it goes or back to the HP screen , or back into recovery mode.  In the recovery mode i also cant reset the laptop. ITs really weird.  Is there anyone who can help me with this problem?    have a nice day,  Koen

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-boot-into-windows-stuck-at-HP-logo-also-cant/td-p/5679659
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello everyone, I have an HP Pavilion g6 laptop.  It was restarting and booting fine until I upgraded to Windows 8.1.  When I restart the computer, it sometimes gets stuck in a boot loop in the HP logo screen.  Most of the time it doesn't do it, but it does get stuck from time to time in the HP logo screen.  It gets stuck mostly when restarting the computer.  If anyone has had the same problem and/or has a solution,  I would appreciate the help. Thank you

A:Windows 8.1 boot loop stuck on HP logo, mostly after restart...

Hi phillibob41, I understand that you are having a problem with the computer getting stuck in a loop when restarting. I will try my best to help you with this. To better guide you, could you please give me some more information. 1. What is the Model Number of your laptop? LINK: How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? 2. How are you getting out of the loop?Please let me know, and I will be happy to help. Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-8-1-boot-loop-stuck-on-HP-logo-mostly-after/td-p/3656032
Relevancy 68.8%

So due BCD/Partition logo stuck boot at Windows issues 7 to I have a lot going on here unfortunately Im trying to work through the issues but I've found Windows 7 stuck at boot logo due to BCD/Partition issues myself Windows 7 stuck at boot logo due to BCD/Partition issues stuck I THINK that the issue in the title is now my problem as I have been able to fix my EFI boot partition and from my untrained eye things appear to be correct but I've noticed that my windows partition shows as 'unknown' in disk part and Windows 7 stuck at boot logo due to BCD/Partition issues perhaps that is why my win is now getting stuck forever at the windows boot logo My original issue was posted here for background - https answers launchpad net ubuntu question Since then I've done a number of things such as running Easy Recovery Essentials from NeoSmart and obviously the windows recovery boot repair endlessly along with ubuntu boot-repair in LTS A quick note LTS i saw a EFI error on boot so i was thinking maybe that boot-repair wouldn't be able to correctly repair things unless the live cd was correctly launched in EFI mode The same with recovery essentials when i boot the cd it doesn't give me the UEFI option for booting the cd so perhaps that also wont work for my EFI situation My windows does show UEFI at the boot and I did attempt to do all of the bootrec exe commands in windows recovery cmd The only part I could not do was the bootsect exe nt SYS mbr command from this guide - https neosmart net wiki fix-uefi-b t in Windows Because it complained that I had to be in bios mode non EFI mode to do it When i booted win without UEFI then win complained I cannot enter recovery environment because it needs to be EFI Damned if you do damned if you dont But my understanding is that EFI does not use a MBR so im not sure how that is a relevant fix anyways I went from not being able to see the OS to resolving that part by changing the ID of my windows partition located here - Issue with a Windows Boot issue - involving the BCD perhaps - Super User Now the windows recovery environment see's my OS but its location is quot Unknown quot at the first screen and quot Unknown quot in the 'type' column in disk part My most recent boot-repair attempt is located here - Paste org - Viewing Paste Gb sUWn The boot summary info prior to that attempted repair is here - Paste org - Viewing Paste Xt jNFs Im a little curious as to why my sda windows install partition was showing up as a EFI partition In Gparted it shows as a ntfs partition and I've of course ran all the chkdsk and other tools on it to ensure there's nothing wrong with it Im thinking changing the ID of the partition might have screwed with things but when i ran bootrec rebuildbcd I think it should have fixed it When I first did it it did see the os but running bootrec rebuildbcd it could not find the OS Then I changed the ID on partition and it found it I've also tried renaming bcd to bcd old after changing attributes and then trying bootrec rebuildbcd again but it identifies quot quot windows installations and I've noticed that there is no mounted windows OS during the windows recovery environment Perhaps this is the issue It see's the OS because at the very first screen after clicking 'repair windows' from the boot cd it see's the OS windows professional but just status location Unknown I did all of that following this guide - How To Rebuild the BCD in Windows to Minutes Maybe it needs to be mounted before I can repair it Not sure Losing my mind over this Here is a picture of what disk part shows currently - Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet The last windows repair attempt I've tried says its unable to repair the system and under the diagnosis and repair details I see quot A patch is preventing the system from starting quot under the quot Software installation log diagnosis quot section there's a lot more but they are all error x which seems like no issues found System Disk Device Hardisk Window... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396025-windows-7-stuck-boot-logo-due-bcd-partition-issues.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey everyone

FYI, at the screen where the Windows 7 logo should be, it only shows 8 blue lines at the top of the screen as i disabled the logo a while ago (turned on No GUI boot in msconfig/boot)

Anyways, normally the 8 lines show up at the top of the screen for a few seconds, and then my PC continues with regular startup.

However, this time the 8 lines show up, and then many different coloured pixels appear at the top of the screen. It then freezes and nothing else happens.

Can anyone help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-stuck-on-startup-wont-get-past-boot-logo-point.1078722/
Relevancy 68.8%

My laptop acer aspire r7-572 was stuck while playing a video. I long pressed the power key and shut it down. After restarting it shows boot logo of acer and below that it shows preparing automatic repair. After that all I see is blank screen. I am so much frustrated that its not loading up windows.Is there any solution? Please can anyone help??

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47388-stuck-boot-logo-windows-automatic-repair.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I haven't had this problem but these days, my Gateway desktop SOMETIMES gets stuck on the Gateway boot logo. After unplugging the power cable + turning the power switch off for a couple of seconds, it finally boot up correctly.

I had to set up a computer for my cousin so I unplugged my Gateway temporarly and once I replugged everything back, I noticed that the problem was reappearing. It was gone but now it's back... It is intermittent basically.

My PC is clean, no viruses, adwares, etc. Also, my SSD and my Hard drives are almost new. Should I flash my BIOS? Or is there an easier solution?

Thanks for your time.

-Devadip

A:Gateway computer occasionally stuck on boot logo.

Flashing the bios is exactly what I would do. Carefully.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/360484-gateway-computer-occasionally-stuck-boot-logo.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Samsung RC510 - Got stuck at windows 10 logo when trying to boot into USB.
Help me!

BIOS Type:
Phoenix

BIOS Date:
January 19th, 2011

BIOS ID:
03HU.M008.20110119.KSY

BIOS OEM:
03HU.M008.20110119.KSY

Chipset:
Intel 044 rev 2

SuperIO:
Unknown

Manufacturer:
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.

Motherboard:
RC410/RC510/RC710

A:Samsung RC510 - Got stuck at windows logo when trying to boot into USB

I also have the same problem with my Samsung RV511

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/12696-samsung-rc510-got-stuck-windows-logo-when-trying-boot-into-usb.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi guys I need help on my Acer G here I've been lurking around the internet lately searching for this problem's solution But no answer Here's the story So this morning my I started my laptop it kinds of frozen lagged so I logo, BSOD at classpnp.sys mode stuck boot safe on had to shut it down via holding the power button 'till the screen shuts off BSOD on boot logo, safe mode stuck at classpnp.sys In school I'm still - I turned it on the booting took an unusual time to start Then BAM Bluescreen flashed about second I tried to start it via safe mode it stucks on the driver called quot classpnp sys quot Seconds later the same flashing bluescreen happened I've done these -System restore It seems to do something it gave me no result either -Memory Diagnostic Tool It says no problem found damn I've also done writing this line via recovery's command prompt rename c windows system drivers classpnp sys classpnp old And no result either I'm not sure if the troublemaker is the hardware or driver I might want to get it to the manufacturer's shop but it'll be costy Anyway here's the bluescreen code written by me I'm using my sister's netbook so no copy-paste thingy A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME I'll skip this part Technical information STOP x ED x F A xC OB x x I really need a quick answer I'm gonna need my laptop for a presentation and I forgot to copy the data to my flash disk any helps are appreciated Alfrey

A:BSOD on boot logo, safe mode stuck at classpnp.sys

Alfrey,
* Is your computer under Warranty?

* IF you are able to...
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227280-bsod-boot-logo-safe-mode-stuck-classpnp-sys.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello, I recently had an issue with my wifi adapter that was solved earlier here but the problem resurfaced again when I booted up the computer and it was stuck at the loading screen with the HP logo. I held down the power button to turn it off and after turning it on my wifi adapter had 'disappeared' again. I believe that the boot up had something to do with this.  I  read that other users have had the same problem and I'm running system tests on the computer now, so far it passed quick tests but I'm running an extensive test on the hard drive now. Some help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Boot-stuck-at-HP-logo-resulting-in-wifi-adapter-disappearing/td-p/5743153
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a Samsung NP E A-S SEA with Tb internal Seagate HDD All of a sudden it stucked up at Samsung logo with fix how boot on home premium to win7 stuck at samsung logo F and F options Could how to fix boot stuck at samsung logo on win7 home premium no longer boot to its OS Windows Now trying to press F hoping for a recovery but it'll just say please wait then for at least how many seconds screen will just turn black with blinking cursor on the upperleftmost part of the screen not blinking in a few seconds after Again trying to do another way by pressing F Yes I could enter setup hdd is detected cdrom is detected Defaults have been loaded boot priority set to cdrom st then hdd nd saved and reboot inserting windows installation disc or any other disc such as the windows recovery disc that comes from the laptop pack when i first bought it But it seems nothing has worked even almost all cd's related to windows installation all autorun Sorry not really an expert on how to fix boot stuck at samsung logo on win7 home premium troubleshooting procedures But since childhood this is my first time to experience the problem Now writing and telling you this problem and asking you all to please help solve if you have any solutions I have important files on the hdd which I haven't back it up By the way I even bought an enclosure hoping to recover the important files inside the hddisk but of no avail Does not detect the hdd it only detects the enclosure Thank you and hope to hear from you

A:how to fix boot stuck at samsung logo on win7 home premium

Download Seatools:http://www.seagate.com/support/down...(The dos version as the windows version requires windows to be running on the drive being tested). It's an .iso file you can burn to a cd and then boot from it. There's a .pdf guide on that page too you can download if you need help.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/how-to-fix-boot-stuck-at-samsung-logo-on-win7-home-premium/19558.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I was having problems with my Live messenger and tried out these suggestions Download and install SubInACL by clicking the link here Click on Download and Run to install the application Choose the default path where the application will be installed C Program Files Windows Resource Kits Tools Click Install Now to proceed with installation gets blue logo screen xp won't stuck boot, on Computer windows Copy the attached file into the C Program Files Windows Resource Kits Tools folder Rename the file as reset bat Click on Start and RUN and type Computer won't boot, gets stuck on blue windows xp logo screen in CMD Computer won't boot, gets stuck on blue windows xp logo screen to open the command prompt window Type in the following commands hitting ENTER after each CD CD C Program files Windows Resource Kits Tools RESET You will see a bunch of things happening in the command window When the process is complete you will see the cursor back at the prompt C Program Files Windows Resource Kits Tools in the command window Type EXIT and hit Enter to close the command window Reboot the machine and try the next command Click on START and RUN and type in REGSVR windir system msxml dll and hit Enter If it succeeds try to sign into Windows Live Messenger again You can get Windows Live Messenger from http get live com messenger overview The command file I used called reset bat contained subinacl subkeyreg HKEY LOCAL MACHINE grant administrators f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CURRENT USER grant administrators f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CLASSES ROOT grant administrators f subinacl subdirectories SystemDrive grant administrators f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY LOCAL MACHINE grant system f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CURRENT USER grant system f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CLASSES ROOT grant system f subinacl subdirectories SystemDrive grant system f Now whenever I boot my pc it gets stuck on the windows xp logo splash screen I was only changing permissions but now I cannot do anything on there The same thing happens when I boot in safe mode and from last know good configuration Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this Thanks Tom

A:Computer won't boot, gets stuck on blue windows xp logo screen

do a system restore to before you made the changes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-boot-gets-stuck-on-blue-windows-xp-logo-screen-249458.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I ve been reading many posts of people having similar problems on Google for the past days but no success for myself Basically my mother and sister tried using the computer yesterday morning while I was out They said advise screen at PC boot please mobo info logo) stuck (after it froze and so they tried restarting it but while restarting it simply hangs at the screen after the PC stuck at boot info screen (after mobo logo) please advise initial motherboard logo screen It shows my hard drives and PCI Listing information etc in white writing on a black background I can access the BIOS and boot method like if I wanted to boot from floppy etc but I cannot access advanced boot options so I can go into safe mode it wont get that far just freezes I cannot do a reinstall of windows as I dont have a disk or key I have replaced the cmos battery and restored it from BIOS without any luck it still hangs All I want to do now is jut get to adv boot options for safe mode but it just freezes I ve also swapped ram around etc so its not that I can see from the BIOS the CPU is fine also aswell as my video card Any help would be greatly appreciated I need this sorting as soon as possible as I work and receive my income through this computer allot of important files Thanks Malli nbsp

A:PC stuck at boot info screen (after mobo logo) please advise

Just an update, I'm back from college, and basically I was able to get an xp disk. Anyway I put it in computer and pressed f12 to choose to boot from the CD/DVD drive, and all it did was hang at the same screen again with the error message:

"A disk read error occurred
Press ctrl+apt+del to restart"

Also even if I just leave it to boot normal, it says the exact same thing "A disk read error occured". They checked the disk at college to see if it worked and it did so the disk read error isn't the disk, its almost as if it's just totally ignored the disk boot? I'm confused now, if I can't boot from a disk then that rules out Linux too I guess.

Malli.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-stuck-at-boot-info-screen-after-mobo-logo-please-advise.998450/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi guys iv just encountered a weird problem with my graphics card im currently running x logo screen loading 7 at boot SLI stuck ? graphics card Windows GT in sli mode now the issue im getting is when i boot my computer and when the windows logo appears it will load for abit then freeze or go black screen now funny thing is my actually windows computer still loads fine because i can here the tone when you come to enter your password so i enter it then i here another tone logging in but on my screen monitor im still stuck at the windows Windows 7 logo stuck at boot loading screen graphics card SLI ? logo screen or black screen now iv been running sli for a few years and for some odd reason today it started giving me these issues ok things iv done is i tested each graphics card by themselves without sli and work fine iv tried both cards in the top pci slot and the bottom pci slot works fine just can't have of them in sli or i get the issue as mentioned above other things iv tried also is reset my bios settings done nothing iv have even the latest drivers installed so im really confused to as why its not working well the computer loads but i get stuck at the loading windows logo screen upon boot up can anyone shred some light on this issue and give me some solution to this problem really appreciate it cheers P

A:Windows 7 logo stuck at boot loading screen graphics card SLI ?

Please complete/update your pc specs, so we can help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/267762-windows-7-logo-stuck-boot-loading-screen-graphics-card-sli.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Compaq Presario SR1810NX with Windows XP, it's about 4 years old - never had any problems.
The last time I turned it off, I just unplugged it.

Then the next time, when I turned on my computer it showed
" Windows Error Recovery: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. "

I chose, "Previous Start up (the one that worked for you last time)"

When I pressed it, it went back to the COMPAQ screen with logo.

Now, my computer is stuck at the start up screen with only the COMPAQ logo.
The keyboard doesn't work - I can't press anything (I've tried ESC, F8 - nothing happens).

Please help me. What do I do??

A:Help! Stuck at screen logo, keyboard doesn't work, won't boot into Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-stuck-at-screen-logo-keyboard-doesnt-work-wont-boot-into-windows.969220/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have an older machine that originally ran XP. The original hard drive was removed awhile ago, and I am attempting to resurrect it with a 320 GB HDD. I want to install Win10 fresh on it with the boot media, but it doesn't work, no matter what I do. Every time it boots it takes me to the black screen with the blue square logo, but then freezes. No loading circle below it, and it just sits there. I tried both x64 and x32 installs, disabled the graphics card and used the mobo for graphics output, and nothing changes it. How do I go about fixing this?

Link to product info: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00679523#AbT1
Detail on MOBO that is in the computer: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, A8N-LA (Nagami2) | HP® Customer Support

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/51427-w10-usb-boot-media-stuck-black-screen-blue-squares-logo.html
Relevancy 66.65%

So I'm having this weird thing now when I start up my computer it just stays at the hp logo it does nothing and I can't press any keys or whatsoever. I've tried doing a hard reset but it doesn't work or i am doing it incorrectly. Can anyone please help me ? Tell me if you need more info

A:Can't boot. (Stuck at hp logo when boot)

Oh yeah before I forget, right before this happened I enabled vtx and pressed save changes in the bios and since then it does this weird thing.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Can-t-boot-Stuck-at-hp-logo-when-boot/td-p/5813054
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi today I decided to restart my PC but it got stuck at the logging off screen so I just held down power button to turn it off When I tried turning it back on it got stuck at the windows logo Safe-mode won't work nor will system recovery Note I had won't boot logo) mode windows at PC/Safe-mode/recovery (stuck not made any hardware changes in the past years I also don't think I have made any big software changes in the past couple of weeks What I was doing before I decided to reboot I was reinstalling different versions of firefox PC/Safe-mode/recovery mode won't boot (stuck at windows logo) because I was PC/Safe-mode/recovery mode won't boot (stuck at windows logo) having flash issues FF and Flash arent very compatible on some of the newer FF versions So I installed and it asked me reboot to finish the installation and here I am I don't think it's related might be just a coincidence Full details of what is happening Normal boot-up freezes at the windows logo The animation freezes too PC does not auto re-boot Safe-mode gets stuck while loading components Notably at storport sys not sure if I spelt that right PC does not auto re-boot System recovery freezes after a while during the copy Mircosoft Corporation screen with green loading bar PC does not auto re-boot The little light that flickers when the PC is doing something is not lighting up during the loading screens It flickers for the first couple of seconds and then just stops or very faintly flicks every - secs The loading screen animation then freezes after - seconds Information about my PC HP prebuilt HPE- y from summer of AMD phenom II x mhz HD upgraded from HD GB RAM TB HDD full specs on the build I have is here http support hp com us-en document c Please help me I am totally not prepared for this

A:PC/Safe-mode/recovery mode won't boot (stuck at windows logo)

Sorry to double post...

Tried reseating the RAM, no luck...

Tried booting recovery mode from a rescue disk I made a couple years ago, same result...
Picture:
http://imgur.com/qw4Sdml

Freezes right there after 15~20 seconds...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581439/pcsafe-moderecovery-mode-wont-boot-stuck-at-windows-logo/
Relevancy 61.49%

i went from windows 8 to 10 about a year ago ans now i got this problem... https://youtu.be/-P4mBrUUhto and also sometimes it loads up pc detected a problem restarting for u.. and it just keeps doing that... and then gets stuck tp another black screen...i have this pc for more than 2 years.

A:Pc stuck in hp logo then stuck in black screen and startup r...

Hi, Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive and Memory. Post back with the results, including any error codes that may be generated. Can you also post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your hp 2000 series notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pc-stuck-in-hp-logo-then-stuck-in-black-screen-and-startup/td-p/5778107
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi. I have a dell xps 13. I purchased it in nov 2012 and it is running windows 8. It has been working perfectly until yesterday. When I turn it on the dell logo flashes up then it stops. I can see the f12 option in the bottom right and have managed to run diagnostics. It says there are no errors. It's like the laptop is running but I can't see anything on the screen. So frustrating. I tried to log a call but the dell site can't recofnise my service tag.

Please help. Kaisha

A:Dell xps 13 won't boot. Stuck after dell logo flashes up

Hi Kaisha,
It would be upsetting when the system is struck at the Dell logo. Please follow the steps provided below that can resolve the issue:
?Restart the computer and tap on Dell logo .Disable ISRT in the BIOS setup menu by selecting SATA mode and changing it to AHCI. .Save the changes and reboot windows.?Reboot from windows and enter BIOS setup menu again to set SATA mode back to RAID.?Restart Windows again and follow the steps below to Enable Intel Smart Response technology?Launch Intel RST UI from system TrayStep?Click Accelerate icon on top of page then click "Disassociate”?Click on “Select Device” under “Accelerated device” as none.?Select HDD and Acceleration mode to "Enhanced mode"?HDD will now accelerate again.
Also, Install the Microsoft update from the below mentioned link:http://bit.ly/TM4KqW
On the above link click on “Update for Windows 8 for x64-based Systems (KB2756872)”
Please let me know about the status of the issue.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19487684
Relevancy 60.2%

My computer automatically updated when I turned it on. It's on the HP logo screen. The update stops at 9% and won't budge for the past 2 days.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Computer-stuck-on-Logo-and-is-updating-but-stuck-at-9/td-p/5650526
Relevancy 58.05%

In preparation for the Windows upgrade I wiped Logo Windows Boot Replaced Logo Asus my SSD and did a clean reinstall of Windows before using the Windows upgrade However after installing Asus Logo Replaced Windows Boot Logo Windows my boot logo is no longer the blue Windows logo but the Asus logo I'm assuming this resulted from some driver update that Windows Update forced on me when I reinstalled Windows but I'm not positive so it could be something else entirely I should point out that before I reinstalled Asus Logo Replaced Windows Boot Logo I used Windows for Asus Logo Replaced Windows Boot Logo two years and never had this problem My hardware has not changed Even though my motherboard and monitor are made by Asus this problem never occurred until now I tried to do another clean install but the boot logo never reverted to the Windows logo I'm now on Windows and the boot logo is still the Asus logo How can I change the boot logo back to the Windows logo I've uploaded a picture of the boot screen below so you can see what's going on As you can see above the white dots that keep moving in circles the Asus logo has replaced the Windows logo

A:Asus Logo Replaced Windows Boot Logo

Most likely from you re-installing the factory image. I think that it is kind of cool.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69337-asus-logo-replaced-windows-boot-logo.html
Relevancy 57.19%

my boot logo is the windows 8 boot logo but after upgrading to windows 8.1 it changed to the hp logo. How do i change it back?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6e4a6c3f-3328-48e6-ad2d-7ee92c9393d5/windows-8-boot-logo-changed-to-hp-logo?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.47%

after pationning the drives from c ,it told me to restart . after restart my latop stucks on hp logo ,what to do ??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/stuck-on-hp-logo/td-p/5725171
Relevancy 55.47%

I turned on my Laptop this morning HP logo on Stuck and it was fine then while in my email the screen went black and cannot load movie maker came up I clicked on exit Then it was fine for a couple of minutes and the movie maker error came up again I have never used or even Stuck on HP logo gone into Stuck on HP logo movie maker After it came up the second time the screen was black and stuck so I tried to enter task manager but couldnt I turned off the laptop and when I booted it up all noises fans lights etc came on and it was booting as normal the HP logo with the loading circle of dots swirling the went away as they do before it goes to where you enter your password but came back a second later and the swirling circle of dots froze and it was stuck on the HP logo with the curcle froze and not moving I did a hard reset entered diagnostics and did a quick check everything passed the test but it still will load as normal then the logo and the circle freezes and it stays there I am no genius with laptops but can do something if I am shown told what to do Any help would be greatly appreciated The laptop is years amp month and a week old and running very well never had any issue I have had bullguard security since day one and run it regularly There is plenty of space on the laptop

A:Stuck on HP logo

If everything passed in the hardware diagnostics then it may be a corruption within windows, generally the only way to resolve that is via recovery. Unfortunately at this point any data on the machine is at high risk, you can try entering the recovery menu using F11 key during startup before the HP logo appears. This, if it loads, should give you access to the HP recovery manager, you'll need to select troubleshoot and then recovery manager after pressing F11.If you are able to load the recovery manager then you should see an option for data backup, you can attempt this option for recovering files (you will need an external USB drive for this with a suitable amount of space for your files). Unfortunately there are no guarantees when it comes to data, if this does not work and you have valuable data on your machine I'd recommend taking your computer to someone who can use other tools to attempt to recover your data.If this does work or you do not need to backup data, within the recovery manager screen is the option for system recovery, click on that and select the option to recover without backing up. This will reset your machine to its factory default state. If it is successful then you will be at the initial setup screen as if you just bought the computer new

*****I do not work for HP**********click the purple thumbs up button to say thanks**********If I solved your problem, help others by clicking accept as solution*****

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Stuck-on-HP-logo/td-p/5726290
Relevancy 55.04%

ran bios; memory ok; hard drive quick test/smart test passed
checked error log - code was 305
tried recovery manager boot to earlier time - got error message about corrupt files
blue screen error stop: 0x00000f4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa8006bdbc10, 0xfffffa8006bdbe48, 0xfffff800024f3540)
have no os recovery disks - best to obtain, then try booting from disks?
or other suggestions?

thanks

A:HP dv5-1233se laptop Vista; circular rebooting @ Windows icon

I don't think simply getting a recovery disk will solve this issue. 0xF4 error usually points at hard drive issues, so you may need to replace that hard drive.

Please check what is the make/model of the drive in question, download appropriate diagnostic tool from its manufacturer's site, and thoroughly test that drive. If you can't do that, other tools which you can use to do so include test disk. Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv5-1233se-laptop-vista-circular-rebooting-windows-icon.150884/
Relevancy 54.61%

I downloaded malwear accodentally onto my laptop and thought that I may as well reset it (even thought I have figured out to remove such malwear now) and after a while it was say that it was unable to reset. After several attempts, I clicked the wrong option; It was something about uploading from a hardrive and now it's stuck at the HP logo whenever I turn it on.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Resetting-and-stuck-at-the-HP-logo/td-p/5733299
Relevancy 54.61%

I upgraded my cpu to a 3GHz cor2duo E6850 from a E4500 2.2GHz
now my pc is stuck on bios logo screen.

When it powers with the new CPU I get one beep then it just sticks on bios logo screen, I left it for 20 minutes.

So I put my old CPU back in and updated bios then it stuck on logo screen witch ever CPU I used.
So then I tried to reset cmos, that's when it really crapped out, no beeps no display.
so then I took my cmos battery out and drained the board put my old processor back in and (thank god) it booted into windows.

Bad CPU?

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Motherboard is a foxconn 45cmx (Bios has been updated)

A:New CPU PC stuck on BIOS logo

Anyone have any thoughts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cpu-pc-stuck-on-bios-logo.190674/
Relevancy 54.61%

Wondering if anyone can help.

When Xp loads the computer boots as normal but once it hits the xp logo screen (just before logon) it freezes. Is there a way around this?

Firstly, I have attempted to boot in safe mode, it does the same. It also does the same if i try to boot to safe mode with command prompt.

Second, I have tried to boot up with a XP boot install, and the recovery console is no help.

Now either i am using the console wrong or that path is closed.

Can anyone help? It is really quite desperate and i can't take "reformat and try again" as an option since half the stuff on the computer i can aford to lose. A speedy response would be much apreciated

Thanks,
Fenton

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-sp1-stuck-at-logo-screen.271123/
Relevancy 54.61%

compaq presario desktop stuck on compaq logo screen.

Relevancy 54.61%

We had a storm in the area nbsp lighting caused some other electronics to fail nbsp My computer WAS on a surge protector however the ethernet cable was plugged ... on Desktop; Stuck get get to logo; to HP can however Cannot in AND connected to the nbsp DSL modem router nbsp The Modem Router did fail and had to be replaced nbsp nbsp nbsp My computer DOES boot and will get me to Cannot get to Desktop; Stuck on HP logo; however can get to ... the HP Logo screen nbsp I can also get to the Diagnostic screens have done the F F F ESC button etc and all tests Passed nbsp I tried even getting to System Recovery thru this same method and I select it but it does NOT do anything nbsp I also unplugged everything and restarted nbsp now only have the keyboard mouse plugged in and that is it nbsp I do NOT have any recovery discs was just hopeful I could find a way to get to my desktop before going that route of Recovery nbsp I have things I did NOT have backed up shame on me I know nbsp Any ideas to try nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Cannot-get-to-Desktop-Stuck-on-HP-logo-however-can-get-to/td-p/5703682
Relevancy 54.61%

When I turn on my laptop it stays at the hp logo when turning on in windows 10 and in 30 seconds it gives me the pc ran into error problem so it fixes it, it goes to preparing automatic repair,diagnosing your pc,windows wouldn't load correctly and it says I can restore or close either one I click it just loads me to the hp logo stuck on the screen and I can't do anythingWHAT DO I DO?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hp-logo-stuck-on-startup/td-p/5620713
Relevancy 54.61%

Today when I turned it on it happened... I tried restarting and run repair mode, checked all the fixes and that but still failing... What to do?

A:Stuck on Windows logo...

Boot your PC from a Windows 7 System Repair Disc which you should have made when the PC was working okay, then select "Startup Repair" from the menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-windows-logo.1081121/
Relevancy 54.61%

When I turn the computer on, it will freeze on the blue HP logo screen. My mom said she turned the computer off the night before with no problems. Then the next morning, when she turned it on, it was stuck at the HP logo screen upon booting. I've done Google searches and came up with many results with no solution. The computer is an HP M9550F. There is no new hardware installed on the computer whatsoever. Can someone please help or advise me on what to do as I am stumped! I've done a CMOS reset, I've pulled the motherboard battery out and re-inserted it, I've unplugged the DVD drive, I've took out the RAM.

A:Stuck/Frozen At HP Logo

Windows freezes or stops responding frequently.
This issue could be caused by any of the below possibilities.
1. Software related issue.
2. Driver related issue.
3. Operating system related issue.
4. Heat related issue.
5. Hardware issue.
6. Serious issue with Windows
7. Hardware failure.
An easy way to determine if your computer is in this situation is by pressing the Num Lock button on the keyboard and watching the Num Lock led to see if it turns off and/or on.
If you're able to get the light to turn off an on, press CTRL + ALT + DEL and attempt to end task the program.
Software related issue

A computer locking up or freezing is often is caused by a software related issue. If you're encountering lockups when the computer is opening a particular program, make sure you have all the latest updates for that program.
Update your registry cleaner tool, scan you pc.
Use the tool: <--http://downloadlk.com/themosteffectivere&#8230; [if you do not have one]
Driver related issue
A computer lock up can also be caused by drivers. For example, if there is an issue that exists with your video drivers a computer could lock up while playing a game or displaying any other type of video. Make sure you have the latest drivers for all major devices in your computer (video, sound, modem, and network). Operating system related issue
Make sure your operating system has all of the latest updates installed on it.
Heat related issue
If the computer processor is getting too hot it can cause the computer to freeze. If you have heard any abnormal noises coming from your computer recently such as a high squealing, this could indicate a fan may be failing in your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-frozen-at-hp-logo.946882/
Relevancy 54.61%

My  friend got a  Dell inspiron 15 3000 series with windows 8.1  .It ran fine for 2 years. But  now  its not working.
The system show dell logo on starting and does not got past it  . its just stuck.
BIOS setting( UEFI) can be accessed using F2,   boot priority  setting key F12 do not work.
Even DELL dell epsa pre-boot system assessment test  works fine.  
In some cases the problems disappears and the system works . But after restarting , it will get stuck with dell logo.

A:DELL logo stuck

General troubleshooting:
Unplug the system and remove or disconnect the battery.  Hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall both memory modules.
Try powering on with AC only - if it will, but won't if the battery is connected, the battery needs to be replaced.
If it still won't power up successfully after resetting the system as above, remove the hard drive. If you can then get into setup (F2 at powerup) successfully, replace the drive.
If you still can't get into the system after doing the above, try one memory module at a time until you find the bad module (replace it) or bad socket (see below).
If one of the memory sockets turns out to be the problem -- or the above yields no results, replace the mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987208
Relevancy 54.61%

Got an HP Pavilion w with Pentiun and MB of ram running an oem XP One day I tried to start it up and it booted to the Windows logo screen with the black bar XP screen stuck on logo The bar went across twice then froze Nothing else happens after that Tried Known Good Configuration same thing Tried safe mode stops at mup sys I tried to get into Recovery console but doesnt seem to recognize my hard drive as my only choices are off of the CD Drive letter e Tried to repair system files with an XP upgrade cd and XP stuck on logo screen it tells me there s no operating system installed and that I need to verify my install by loading the installation cd which I dont have So I tried to use the HP system restore feature on my computer but it only gives me the option to reformat and not repair I am the fool who did not regularly back up files so I still have some on there I would like to have I thought I could install this drive as a slave in my newer computer but the hard drive setup in that computer is SATA and my problem child is an IDE drive I did not install anything new hardware or software that I can remember in the days before it went south Is there anything that I can do to save this drive I d like to fix it so my husband will have his own computer Thanks in advance for any assistance thymekiller nbsp

A:XP stuck on logo screen

Another quick question. I've heard there are IDE to SATA converters out there. Also found an IDE to external USB case that this hard drive can be installed in. Would it be possible with either one of these tools to at least retreive my data off this hard drive? Any suggestions at all would be helpful at this point. Thanks again!!
thymekiller

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-stuck-on-logo-screen.852730/
Relevancy 54.61%

My laptop won't boot up. When started, it hangs up at the HP logo. If I press ESC - nothing happens. Press f-10 and I get a please wait notice but again-nothing happens.
I have tried removing the battery, reseating the memory with no success.

Left on its own- it will continue to turn itself off and try starting again with the same outcome. Any advice?

A:HP DV9225 stuck on HP logo

It may be a hardware failure (mostly likely the hard drive), because it can't boot into it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv9225-stuck-on-hp-logo.704330/
Relevancy 54.61%

The Facebook app for Windows 10 will not get past the logo! it is stuck at the blue background with the F Facebook logo. I tried closing the app and reopening it but it made no difference. I googled "Facebook app stuck at logo windows 10" but only results about the app crashing showed up in the results, the app is not crashing, so I added a "-crashing" to force Google to exclude the word crashing but now only results about computers stuck at the Windows 10 logo during boot showed in search results. There is nothing anywhere pertaining to this problem. There seems to be no information or anybody else with this problem with the Facebook app for Windows 10. It is important that I get into it because my school account is tied to the app while my personal account is tied to my Firefox.

Does anybody know what is wrong and how can I fix it?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54236-facebook-app-stuck-logo.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Can anybody help? Running Windows XP Home Edition on laptop. Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600. When I power up the software stops at the Window XP logo with the blue activity strip. Does not progress.
I've tried restoring back to a previously working point, but no joy. Have set to safe mode and run virus scan and disk defragment, still no advance.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Johnboy

A:Stuck at Windows XP logo

So you can boot to safe mode, but not into 'normal' Windows?

If thats the case, it's probably some drivers causing this...
Try uninstalling chipset drivers, graphics drivers, sound card drivers, etc. then try to boot into 'normal' Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-at-windows-xp-logo.40218/
Relevancy 54.61%

I downloaded a movie that at the end said it didnt load,after that my pc was running slow,also it wouldnt let me load anything onto it,for example photos.so i rebooted,now it will not get past the "phillips" logo on startup.no bleep,i am unable to start in safe mode,it will not load any cd's(tried to load xp disc to format),i have tried lots of times but nothing,please can someone help.

A:PC stuck on opening logo.

Hello frew66

Let`s try the easiest things first

Have you tried "Last Known Good Config" or System Restore

Boot into Safe Mode Options Screen
Select "Last Known Good Configuration"

If that does not work, boot back to the same screen and select
'Safe mode with command prompt'

At the command prompt type
C:\Windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Hopefully this will open System Restore, so restore to before the problem started
http://bertk.mvps.org/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-stuck-on-opening-logo-387921.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I tried to on start. logo Notebook stuck to HP- trying when restore the system to original settings Notebook stuck on HP- logo when trying to start. wiping all files and programs Windows managed to get done on this when the pc shut down I started it again and the restoration started over This repeated times after which i got an option screen to choose if i want to continue to windows restore using windows installation CD USB device or internet connection or to restore factory settings I chose to restore to factory settings and after a minute pc shut down again Now when i try to start up the laptop it gets stuck on HP- logo and then goes black and back to logo repeating this until i shut down the pc I tried force reseting by removing all devices battery and A C cord and holding down power button for seconds and starting again with A C cord only I haven't managed to get into BIOS settings by holding F or F after starting up The pc had windows when i bought it but i updated to windows later on Please help i just wanted to do my system restore to make the pc run well again Thank Notebook stuck on HP- logo when trying to start. you in advance

A:Notebook stuck on HP- logo when trying to start.

Hi, As long as the previous installation of Windows 10 had activated Ok after the upgrade from 8.1, you can just perform a clean installation as detailed in the guide on the following link.  Note: At the activation screen, select 'I don't have a Product key' - Windows will activate automatically once the installation has completed. http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/ Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Notebook-stuck-on-HP-logo-when-trying-to-start/td-p/5600301
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey i have this laptop that is really bugging me. this is the problem It is having as soon as i turn it on it on i get the boot screen with the HP logo but it freezes there i can not run any disk or go into bios also sometimes the screen will not even light up just stays off. Any help thanks

Things i have tried:

removed wireless card

A:HP Laptop wont do anything, stuck on HP logo

and what is the model of laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-wont-do-anything-stuck-on-hp-logo.106855/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all A pretty nasty situation given that this is supposedly a quot premium quot laptop I have here a one day old XPS MS signature edition from Amazon bought new Core i GB RAM GB storage current BIOS and drivers updated right away windows Everything looked fine until I disabled power-saving features of the graphics panel self-refresh and power saving mode for games and then tried to reboot while on battery it gets stuck right on the Dell logo Sometimes the rotating Windows thingy appears but then freezes immediately Holding the power button and then cold-starting works Rebooting does (9350) 13 logo Dell XPS on stuck not Loading BIOS defaults helped reboot once after which I decided to re-enable the power-saving stuff thinking that it XPS 13 (9350) stuck on Dell logo is what caused it The reboot after that did not take place either -- nbsp got stuck again I don t know if there s any relationship between these power saving features and what s happening could be a coincidence The problem does not seem to occur while on AC power nbsp Any thoughts As I said before this is an Amazon purchase so I can return exchange it within days Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989878
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Friends, I am currently using windows 7 on my HP Laptop Core i3. Now i trying to install window 10 from ISO. I created Bootable USB (With Rufus). While installing window the installation get stuck on window logo. I waited long time but nothing happened. Kindly guide me how can i solve this issue and complete the clean installation.

Thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/34619-window-10-installation-stuck-logo.html
Relevancy 54.18%

so basically i got the download version of windows professional bit through dreamspark and upgraded my windows about a week ago everything seemed to be on stuck works windows and nothing logo good and i was getting used to the windows stuck on logo and nothing works new windows but there was one problem namely that when i put the computer to sleep and then turned it back on it always crashed and restarted so i read up on it and the main thing i got was to upgrade my graphics adaptar nvidia geforce gtx m so i went to the nvidia website and sure enough there was an upgrade available which i downloaded and got onto installing probably should have uninstalled previous version but then again i've done the same thing before when i installed new versions on windows about midway through the installation i got an error about C temp don't remember the exact error and the installation seemed to get stuck for some reason i thought it would be clever to delete the file and so did so but made no difference and the installation stayed stuck for about - mins after which i decided enoughs enough and restarted the computer thats when the problems started it got onto the blue windows logo with the spinning wheel thing underneath but just gets stuck so then i decided it will be easy enough to get into safe mode and install the driver from in there how wrong i was upon trying to get into safe mode it says loading windows files with please wait at the bottom and loads some file but get stuck at the following one Loaded windows system DRIVERS disk sys i've no idea what comes after that but that seems to be the problem as it isn't loading i tried safe mode safe mode with networking and safe mode with command prompt all with same outcomes i then tried last know good configuration option but for some reason that shows the windows glowing logo with starting windows underneath but again stays stuck i then tried to get into automatic repair mode by pressing shift f which shows the blue windows logo with preparing automatic repair underneath and after a couple of seconds the spinning wheel thing appears on top of the writing but again nothing happens and just to confirm that nothing apart from the charger was attached with the laptop for the above as i installed windows off of an external hard drive i tried connecting the hard drive to the laptop and changed the setting in BIOS so the the harddrive was first priority i can see the light on HD flashing whilst the blue windows logo appears on the screen but the flashing stops after a couple of seconds and the spinning wheel appears underneath the logo but then again nothing after that so i've no idea what to do now i've over GB of data on there and no external backups i mean i thought it would be an easy fix at first but apparently not what can i do to resolve this as quickly as possible

A:windows stuck on logo and nothing works

Hi it maybe a missing .dll file the missing file after /drivers/disk.sys
Probably need to add the file that comes after the above message. To windows/system32 folder in c drive. I have done it many times but to find the correct .dll file can be tricky. Will have a look for you and tell you how to replace it. Pretty simple fix. Will grt back soon.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12944-windows-stuck-logo-nothing-works.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My phone is stuck on lenovo's logo.I can turn it off by removing the battery, then when I click the power button to start it up, it stuckes again at this logo.I've tried some solutions I found in youtube such as plugging the charger or resseting by the method of holding the power button and the volume keys but they are not working.I also changed the battery but it seems that's not the problem eather.Please let me know if smo can help me.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-S960-stuck-on-logo/td-p/3448874
Relevancy 54.18%

After updating windows this morning my pc restarted oinly to stick at the windows logo, with the blue progress bar moving. i tried a system restore to yesterday, 1 week and a month ago but no luck.
last know config got no further. i can get into safe mode, so i uninstalled latest windows updates , stilll no luck. i then removed items from start up in msconfig. still nothing.
then i rolled back to an older registry. still nothing.
i'm not sure what to do next. any suggestions??
cheers
Clive

A:Solved: Help!!stuck at windows logo

Hi try.
Boot from Cd...when prompted press [R]
To launch recovery console.
Choose Windows installation [typically by pressing [1]
When prompted for password.
Press Return.
Type chkdsk /r [note space ]
And press Return
Window will fix errors..
Type Exit
And press Return.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-stuck-at-windows-logo.571584/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I have Dell Inspiron N4050, and recently I have a problem about booting.
Just two days ago, my laptop stucked at Dell's logo. I dont know why. I can't do anything including go to BIOS, or else, just stucked there.
Please advice.

A:Stuck at logo. Need help with Dell N4050

Unplug the system, remove the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall both memory modules and try again.  If the system will then POST, you're set.   If not:
Remove the hard drive.  Will the system then POST?   If yes, the drive is bad;  replace it with a new one.
If not, remove the battery and try again.  If the system will POST without but not with the battery, the battery is bad -- replace it.
If none of the foregoing actions produces results, the mainboard is bad.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993793
Relevancy 54.18%

Optiplex 380 stuck at splash logo, cant get into BIOS.
Tried the following:
- pressed F2 and F12 at boot up, system responds but then gets stuck at "Going into Setup" 
- disconnected power and CMOS battery and pressed power button for 30 seconds.
- replaced fan over heat sink as that was malfunctioning a bit.
- reseated memory and booted with only one stick then added other.
- disconnected hard drive and CD drive but system just beeps and monitor does not come on when I power up.

There are no peripherals connected to the system. I have read elsewhere that the USB ports sometimes cause this problem. How do I disconnect them to try and boot up? The front USB ports seem connected to the power button.
Seems others have had the same problem. Is this a hard drive problem? Motherboard? 
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993487
Relevancy 54.18%

Quote Originally Posted by TheProfessa Hi about days ago i went to do System Restore because my computer wasn't working right so I went along and did it and when my computer was turning on it got stuck It loaded up everything perfect but right after when the windows XP loads on the black screen it gets Logo Stuck... Screen Windows XP to the blue screen the top and bottom Windows XP Logo Screen Stuck... are dark blue and the middle is sky blue The only thing the screen says is Microsoft Windows XP and there is ONLY mouse movement I pressed every button on the keyboard and nothing happened I have tried Safe Mode but it wont let Safe Mode run because it gets stuck at the screen Last Good Configuration wont work nothing in F works I've tried some random other things and that didnt work I tried the repair option from the windows XP cd that didnt work and to top it all off I even reinstalled windows and it still gets stuck Now I am at a loss and I have no idea what to do I looked at my power supply because i heard that could be the problem and I doubt that was it and it's not like i always keep my computer on it was off for hours and still wasnt working Help would be appriciated Thanks I'm having this exact same problem I have also tried everything Except when I use repair it will work for one time to sign on and then if I shut it down and try to get back on another time it does the same thing over again I haven't tried reinstalling but I'm going to today Hopefully that will work but from your post my hope is diminishing haha It sounds like its running and doing stuff but you could leave the computer on all day long and it will never get to the log on screen I run spy-bot and ad-aware weekly and I have virus protection but thats not to say it isn't a virus I don't download anything from the internet and if I do it's very rare I just would like to know how to fix it or if its possible hardware problems

A:Windows XP Logo Screen Stuck...

Couldn't hurt to give this a try http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353/.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-logo-screen-stuck-65650.html
Relevancy 54.18%

please help me my hp desktop will not boot up it get stuck and it will not boot up

A:Desktop Stuck at the HP logo screen

Turn the computer off.Turn the computer on, and look for the "press <blah> to enter BIOS SETUP" message.Press that <blah> key.Look through the BIOS SETUP screen(s), to see if the disk-drive and the CD/DVD drive are listed, in consecutive rows.If there is no listing for the disk-drive, it could have "died". Turn the computer off.Turn the computer on, and look for the "press <blah> to run HP diagnostics" message.Press that <blah> key.Select the diagnostic utility for the disk-drive, and run it.What does it report? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Desktop-Stuck-at-the-HP-logo-screen/td-p/5845109
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey my PC dell inspiron 11 3148 is frozen at logo screen.
I tried restarting it
It restarts when I long press power button for 10 sec. But again stuck at dell logo.
It was working till last nyt very without any problem.
But today this happened
But nothing worked for me
Also f2 & f12 keys are not working here.
Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989616
Relevancy 54.18%

I am at a loss of what could have happened windows start logo on stuck the It started days ago when I bought my Saitek x- and downloaded their driver but I am not reading anything about it causing the problem I am having The problem is that my computer will work just fine from time to time but sometimes when I turn it on it just gets stuck on the windows start logo the one where the animation is flying in Everything loads correctly from what the log says but then it even gets stuck where it tells me my build for windows I did not install or update anything else except stuck on the windows start logo for that If anyone could help me it would be very stuck on the windows start logo helpful Thank you Some more info CPU Intel Core i X -core OCed GHz Motherboard ASUS X -E WS stuck on the windows start logo Memory GB Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum DDR - x GB SSD x TB Samsung EVO SSD GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Black OCed I read somewhere that changing my SSD to IDE could help but I do not want to do that unless I have to Everything on this PC is updated driver wise from my knowledge as well as Window's last update was yesterday for me optional stuff

A:stuck on the windows start logo

SFC is clean, the 2 entries are false corruption warnings, you can uninstall KB3022345 (if exists) and KB3068708 if you wish so.

Try a clean startup - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

AHCI is optimal for SSDs. No need to change to anything else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/374532-stuck-windows-start-logo.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Cant logo at Stuck screen hp bios press any f buttons my keyboard lights flicker on when Stuck at bios hp logo screen the screen comes on and if i press setup it Stuck at bios hp logo screen says entering setup but never does No other button will give me any results Now my gpu fan has busted so ive been using a tabletop fan to blow air at my pc worked surprisingly better than the tiny gpu fan i took my tv tuner off a while ago so i could look at my gpu fan and never put it back on Today i found my coaxial and decided to put my tv tuner back in I turned off my pc then popped it in next time i booted up my pc i would get these problems Ive tried taking the tuner out again to no avail Im still under warrenty from hp at least until march Is there anything i can do i can usually motor through most of these kind of problems but im stumped Please help me

A:Stuck at bios hp logo screen

You'd get a better response if you complete your system specifications (you'll find the option under the User CP on the forum top bar...) fully...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/52885-stuck-bios-hp-logo-screen.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, I just bought a new y510p laptop few days ago. It works fine for frist 3 days. Now, when I turn on the laptop, it stuck at lenovo logo screen and then restart. The recovery key doesnt work as well, it also dispay lenovo logo and then restart. I really appreciate if anyone can help, thanks

A:y510p stuck at lenovo logo

Additional information: I don't connect any external device. I cannot access BIOS using F10 key

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/y510p-stuck-at-lenovo-logo/td-p/1275841
Relevancy 54.18%

After i put it into sleep the next morning i try to turn it on it wont turn on normally, it stuck with an hp logo and blackscreen afterwards, there is a sound from the machine that sounds like clock. I've already tried to unplug my battery

A:stuck in the hp logo with "repairing" on the screen

Hi @Rayhankrm, Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion 14 Notebook and a strange noise coming from inside. Have you tried a System Restore? This shows you how. Here is a document that shows you how to restore BIOS factory default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook.  Please let me know how this goes Please click the Thumbs up and  Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/stuck-in-the-hp-logo-with-quot-repairing-quot-on-the-screen/td-p/5592856
Relevancy 54.18%

HP All-in-One stuck on logo screen foreverHP - nf AIO PC nbsp nbsp Dear Forum users nbsp As a tech-savvy person I was handed the task to try and restore an old nbsp HP All-in-One PC assembled march nbsp that resists any attempts at booting nbsp The symptom is as soon as I start the computer the screen is stuck on the blue HP logo screen forever nbsp I have HP forever stuck 20 logo All-in-One screen on tried hitting F while booting but the computer is HP 20 All-in-One stuck on logo screen forever now stuck nbsp on the next screen that displays hardware informations Specifically nbsp hitting the ESC key does not trigger the recovery menu nbsp I have tried the same operation hitting F while booting but then again hitting the ESC key does not trigger the installation menu on the next screen nbsp I have tried letting the computer boot for minutes but at no point did the blue HP logo became pulsating nor did I notice any change in the displayed screen nbsp Please can someone help me move forward on this problem Any help appreciated nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp

A:HP 20 All-in-One stuck on logo screen forever

Hi there @FrancisEd, Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.   I am happy to help with this. Not knowing which OS is installed here are the likely candidates, although more of a guide to things to try. HP PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 7),  HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8). Step 3 is the relevant one to your specific issue, and for your symptom, will send you right to Hardware Diagnostics. Do all the tests as see if anything fails and go from there. Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-20-All-in-One-stuck-on-logo-screen-forever/td-p/5691990
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everyone thanks for this forum I want to know what is going on to my laptop my laptop is Samsung R -bit running Windows Home Premium Here is the story I left my laptop with the logo windows on screen Stuck my friend for about minutes after he left and I turned it on it stuck on windows logo Stuck on the windows logo screen screen for about minutes then I turn it off and on again couple of times I tried to run it in safe mode recovery f but all attempts failed since it won t enter the program stucked on the first phase And then I create boot disc from other Windows machinebut -bit and reboot with it it loads the program but it won t repair or recover because it was -bit cd while my laptop is -bit So I tried to turn it on and off couple of times and suddenly it works I able to enter the windows soon as i get in I run the recovery sytem program from Samsung and did some basic recovery since I have no backup set and I don t want to loose everything by running full recovery This has happened to me before after I left my laptop to this same guy he must have installed something on my laptop because after he played with it my laptop was running very slow and I have to run full recovery which formatted my hard drive and set everything back to factory setting I want to know what this guy did to my laptop or what virus he planted in my system Although now everything seem to back to normal I have windows warning on it says it can t detect any anti virus on my system while I have Avast Anti Virus running And before I tried to update my CCleaner and Malwarebytes program the letters were disappear there s no letter on it Now everything seem to be normal only the windows warning about no anti virus So this is my Hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Support Center SSCKbdHk exe C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Recovery Solution WCScheduler exe C Program Files x SAMSUNG EasySpeedUpManager EasySpeedUpManager exe C Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SCServer SCServer exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users sansung Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http samsung msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http samsung msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http samsung msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi friends,I have a problem with my Z510. I enabled USB boot from BIOS to boot from USB flash and reinstall my linux mint. After restarting, it just stuck on lenovo screen and even after pressing ctrl+alt+del or turning on using OKR, I cannot go to BIOS setting or recovery mode.I would apreciate if someone could help me asap.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z510-stuck-on-lenovo-logo/td-p/3430792
Relevancy 54.18%

hello therei have elitebook 8540w ci7 8gb 15.6" nvedia quadrotoday when i tried to turned it on i got this problemthe laptop turn on but wont boot after hp logo ,,,,just freeze in hp logoi tried to press esc f8 and f10 but it seems its not responce at allremoved the battery n cmos battery n tried to hard rest but still has that problemremoved the rams hdd cleaned the fan and removed the dvd drive but nothing changed !!!also removed the graphic card n cleaned it but the problem still existidk what happ to this laptop it has been working good for me ....note ...now i cant chooseor enter the boot menu or enter the osalso i can see the capslock n numlock blinking 5 times ...(i hope the mb is ok ) any one can help !!!thnx

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/elitebook-8540w-stuck-in-hp-logo/td-p/5822732
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello guys.

This old Packard Bell is giving me a lot of trouble (it came with WinXP). When trying to install w10 from dvd installation it gets stuck at blue logo. Nothing happens; no spinning dots... even if left for a long time.

I managed to install w10 running w8.1 installation, pressing SHIFT-F10 and running w10 installation from there.

Anyway after the first reboot it will get stuck again at blue logo.

Any ideas? I have read somewhere that you can bypass this issues on some laptops by physically removing the wifi card. Alas, I don't have the technical expertise to pry open a laptop and I don't know if this is the same issue either (those ones affected where Samsung ones).

Anyway I have ran out of ideas and I am not very fond of reinstalling ancient XP. Besides, what irritates me is that I have succesfully installed w10 on even older hardware.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/45901-pb-easynote-s2-stuck-blue-logo.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Last night when I got hom, my pc was turned on but the screen was blank. I unplugged it and plugged it back in but all that came up was the Compaq logo and nothing else. I tried turning it on and off and hitting different keys several times but it just stayed there. Left it off overnight and tried again but had the same result.

Does this mean my hard drive needs replaced?

Thanks,

ERic

Relevancy 54.18%

these days i am also experiencing some driver problems. sometimes the wifi option turns grey and doesn't respond till i restart the system and it takes more than normal time to restart

A:my system gets stuck with the hp logo sometimes while starti...

sri49 wrote:these days i am also experiencing some driver problems. sometimes the wifi option turns grey and doesn't respond till i restart the system and it takes more than normal time to restartHi, Perform a hard reset Turn the computer off completelyUnplug the charger and the batteryPress and hold the power button for 15secsPlug the charger back in (Leave the battery for now)Turn the computer back onTry to access the internetthen update the Bios version by visiting HP website http://support.hp.com/us-en3Type the product number then hit enterClick Software and drivers then click GoScroll down a bit then click BIOS then click download then click the second one which is download manuallyInstall the bios then restart your computer Note: If you are using a login password to access the computer make sure to turn it off. Turn off login passwordPress windows keyType netplwizUncheck the box then click apply start typing the password then reconfirm it. Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/my-system-gets-stuck-with-the-hp-logo-sometimes-while/td-p/5721823
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently received Samsung SGH-i917 at&t windows as a gift from a friend which he bought from his trip to Korea. I have been able to boot the phone since. It is stuck on the Samsung logo and wouldn't boot. I hope the problem be solved since am in Ghana and there is noway of returning it back to the shop now. Thank you.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445466-my-sansung-sgh-i917-stuck-logo.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi about days ago i went to do System Restore because my computer wasn't working right so I went along and did it and when my computer was turning on it got stuck It loaded up everything perfect but right after when the windows XP loads Windows XP Screen Logo Stuck... on the black screen it gets to the blue screen the top and bottom are dark blue and the middle is sky Windows XP Logo Screen Stuck... blue The only thing the screen says is Microsoft Windows XP and there is ONLY mouse movement I pressed every button on the keyboard and nothing happened I have tried Safe Mode but it wont let Safe Mode run because it gets stuck at the screen Last Good Configuration wont work nothing in F works I've tried some random other things and that didnt work I Windows XP Logo Screen Stuck... tried the repair option from the windows XP cd that didnt work and to top it all off I even reinstalled windows and it still gets stuck Now I am at a Windows XP Logo Screen Stuck... loss and I have no idea what to do I looked at my power supply because i heard that could be the problem and I doubt that was it and it's not like i always keep my computer on it was off for hours and still wasnt working Help would be appriciated Thanks

A:Windows XP Logo Screen Stuck...

thats where it gets stuck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-logo-screen-stuck-65355.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I tried to flash drive stuck is at Computer logo screen? on another computer it worked fine but on my desktop it will not If i turn my dektop on without the flash drive it comes up and says Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key If i insert the flash drive it freezes If i start the computer with the flash drive in it wont even get to the screen it freezes at the screen that tells me to press f for this esc for that etc etc This person has the same problem except I dunno if they mentioned it was a boot device on her external drive http www tomshardware com forum - -system-freezes-logo-screen-plugged And I cant boot from Computer is stuck at logo screen? my origonal Hard drive because I believe its gone bad If i start it with that hard drive it says Reboot and select proper boot device its like it doesnt even recognize it which im guessing means its gone bad But it wont freeze with that hard drive but Computer is stuck at logo screen? I also cant do anything Also can it be a virus if so how can i get rid of it Cause even if i unplug that hard drive and put in my thumb drive it still freezes where can the virus be Err I just need some help with this nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

hi guys my msi ge70 is stuck on the msi logo i have treid the cmos battery, everything i have read online. but nothing helped only option i got was to change my bios chip. so does anyone know where i can find the bios aoftware for my msi ge70 ms 1759 ver 1.0 please.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157674.0.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am having a problem logging in to this windows XP laptop.
After furthur looking into the this, I pinpoint that the problem lies with the registry issue.
The below is the methods that i have tried.
1. Using last known configuration - Endless Loop of windows XP
2. Enter as safe mode - Blue screen (C0000218) registry issue
3. Using windows XP cd to repair - Before the cd has finish set up, blue screem (0x0000007B)

Please help.

A:Stuck at windows XP logo screen

Download the ISO image for Memtest in my signature, and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn. boot off of the newly created CD and run the tests on the RAM. If you get any errors (red) one of the sticks of RAM needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-windows-xp-logo-screen-638978.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I was trying to reset my windows 10 but at 45 percent it says that something went wrong then it open recovery option of windows 10 after that I tried to restarts the laptop but it was stuck at hp logo and after that screen blanks for few second and then restarts again and againPlz someone help me

A:Laptop stuck at logo and restarts

Abdullah_533 wrote:I was trying to reset my windows 10 but at 45 percent it says that something went wrong then it open recovery option of windows 10 after that I tried to restarts the laptop but it was stuck at hp logo and after that screen blanks for few second and then restarts again and againPlz someone help meWhat are the things youve done so far to fix your computer?If you havent done anything then follow these steps.. ?Hard reset ?Bios Default Press the F5 function key.Select Yes or OK.Press the Enter key.Press the F10 function key.Select Yes or OK to save the defaults.You can also complete the following steps to reload the factory BIOS settings using the menu:In the BIOS Setup utility, select the Exit tab.Select Load Setup Defaults.The system prompts you to load the optimized setup defaults. Select Yes or OK and press the Enter key.Select Exit Saving Changes.Press Esc and then press Enter to exit Setup. Hope it helps

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-stuck-at-logo-and-restarts/td-p/5644862
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey, I'm having a problem with my hp laptop, I bought it 1 year ago, it asked me to download updates, restarted it and now it dosen't boot up.It shows a hp logo at middle and start up menu Esc at the bottom left. After 30 seconds, it restarts and the same thing occurs again. My model is Hp EliteBook 8470p. I tried hard reset, cleaning the fans, but to no avail. Need help!

A:Hp laptop stuck at hp logo screen.

Hi ,,       Can you get into safe mode of any description ? On start up keep tapping f8 till the Advanced boot options page opens  . Next using arrow keys move down to safe mode with command prompt and hit enter . When command prompt opens type   rstrui.exe  and hit enter . This will take you to System Restore choose the restore point that was created BEFORE you did the updates and let it load . This should take you back to a usable state , When you are prompted to do the updates again try installing them individualy rather than all at the same time . This way you can pinpoint the offending update that is causing the issue . Let me know how you get on    Checkurtech

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-laptop-stuck-at-hp-logo-screen/td-p/3339307
Relevancy 54.18%

My computer is a little over 2 years old now, and this problem just began this morning. I am running windows 7, but not sure if that matters at the point I'm at because the windows screen doesn't even display. There have been no modifications or updates to the system in a few weeks or so. Last night I shut the computer down, I woke up this morning to turn it on and it was stuck. The screen stayed at the HP logo screen and displayed options, but none of them worked. Is this a problem that is fixable?

A:Desktop Stuck at the HP logo screen

You can follow this document to fix your issue. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01884928

I am an HP employee.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem.***Click on ?Kudos? STAR to say thanks!***

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Desktop-Stuck-at-the-HP-logo-screen/td-p/1449281
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a HP envy d011 that is stuck at the Hp logo screen after a failed bios update, if i hit a key it says the bios information and to hit ESC key for Startup menu. I have tried ESC it doesnt boot, I have tried all of the F keys, I have tried to get in to the bios restore  win+b Can someone point me in the right direction?

A:Stuck at HP logo ENVY 20 d011

Hello @Red_Baran, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.I understand that after a failed BIOS update your HP ENVY 20-d011 TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop PC is freezing at the HP Logo and you require assistance. I think it would be best if you contact HP Technical Support for repair options.I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Stuck-at-HP-logo-ENVY-20-d011/td-p/4514340
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a dv4-1225ee laptop. I removed my laptop hard drive and attached it to my pc and installed windows xp. Because in my laptop it asked to press a key, when i press any key it didn't detect. I attached the hard drive to my laptop. But the screen is stuck at the hp logo. If I remove the hard drive and switch on the laptop. I get the insert boot disk and press any key screen. I formatted my hard drive and attached it to the laptop again but same result. Please help me.

A:Laptop stuck at hp logo screen

On the Notebook make sure you have a good connection with the HD Drive.

For installing Win XP, you need to install on the Notebook & not on a Desktop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185695-laptop-stuck-hp-logo-screen.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I've got a Lenovo T500 laptop with WinXP Pro.
It does not boot into Windows, but gets stuck on the Windows Logo screen with the "progress bar" moving but not doing anything.
I can however get into Safe-Mode.

Some background.
The current problem started when I set up boot time drive check (via Glory). A reboot got stuck on the BootDefragDriver which prevented even SafeMode from loading.
I disabled the service via the recovery console and can now log into Safe Mode.

However, I still cannot boot normally.

Please advise,
Thanks!

A:XP Pro stuck on Windows Logo Screen

I would remove Glory if you can, and see if you can log in normal.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516559/xp-pro-stuck-on-windows-logo-screen/
Relevancy 54.18%

I used to have issues with XP not wanting to start up only of the time When it wouldn't start up it would get stuck at the black screen with the XP logo and the blue progress bar going across Eventually the progress bar would just freeze up logo XP when starting at Windows Stuck and it would just get stuck there I used to be able to turn it off and on again and it would start up normally so I never stressed about it I did recently format and reinstall XP completely and it quit doing it for a while so I thought I resolved Stuck at Windows XP logo when starting it However recently it started getting stuck at the XP logo everytime no matter how many times I turned it off and on Stuck at Windows XP logo when starting again So today I opened it up unplugged and replugged in everything including the CPU video card fans hard drives and RAM four GB sticks After plugging everything back in now when I start it up the fans and drives all start moving but I just get a completely black screen screen No text no bios info no motherboard logo no XP logo nothing on the screen During this the internal speaker will beep for a moment every few seconds I turned it back off and made sure everything was plugged in securely but it still does it So to narrow down what is causing the problem I took out three of the RAM sticks so there was only one stick in the first slot Turned it back on and it showed the normal boot up info and once again got stuck at the XP logo like before I am able to boot into safe mode when it is like this I turned it off added a second stick of ram into the second slot turned it on and it went back to nothing on the screen and the computer beeping I took the second stick out and moved it to the third slot so I have one stick in the first slot and one stick in the third slot nothing in the second or fourth slot It didn't get stuck on the black screen but once again got stuck on the XP logo I was also able to boot into safe mode at this point I then put third stick of RAM into the second slot so I now have three sticks of RAM in the first three slots and turned it on and now it gets stuck at the Motherboard logo and won't go past it I have tested these different ram configurations several times and it produces the same results every time Anytime it actually gets to the XP logo I can boot into safe mode but can never get into normal mode Power Supply Rosewill Rx -D-B ATX V w Motherboard KN Lite V A Socket CPU AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Ghz Memory Kingston KHX AK G GB MHz DDR Non-ECC CL Kit of - GB and Super Talent GB DDR- d pb gj two sticks Video Card GeForce GT XXX MB -bit GDDR PCI Express

A:Stuck at Windows XP logo when starting

You could have an issue with your Video Card driver But to be sure download Memetest and burn the image to a boot CD and run several passes of the tests with each RAM chip separately and then together. If it passes, get into Safe Mode and uninstall the Video driver, then download the latest one. If you can't, then remove the Video card and use the onboard VGA port. If that works then you know it's your video card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-windows-xp-logo-when-starting-433723.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I was trying to reset my laptop as I just bought this from a pawn shop and everything went fine until all of a sudden it got stuck in failed to configure to revert the changes so I rebooted it hitting F8 button then it said that it's repairing now then asked if i wanted to restore and i clicked OK, now t's stuck with the HP logo on the screen. Been about 20 minutes like this. Is it supposed to do this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Notebook-stuck-with-HP-Logo-on-screen/td-p/5654249
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I'm running a:
Dell Dimension E510
Pentium D dual core 2.8ghz
1gb ram
80gb Hdd
128mb ATI radeon x300 SE Hypermemory

The Problem I'm having is that sometimes when I restart my computer, the computer gets stuck on the dell logo screen usually if I force restart 2-3 more times it would work fine but just yesterday I restarted and the same thing happened...even after several force shutdown/restart it wouldn't work...I opened up the computer and unplugged all unnecessary hardware to boot a computer but the same problem persisted.
I went away for a while and came back then tried a couple of more times and luckily I got it to boot. Now that the computer is on what steps should I take to prevent this from happening again?