Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2003 Email to Outlook 2007

Q: Outlook 2003 Email to Outlook 2007

OK... well I thought I had it covered but.... I copied the pst file from 2003 and tried to open in 2007. I recently read somewhere that you have to copy the pst when Outlook is closed. I did not close Outlook and copied the file while Outlook was open. Anyway to rescue these Emails? The old drive is toast so I can't do that. The pst file is 79mg so I suspect the info is there. Any thoughts? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-to-outlook-2007.941577/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2003 Email to Outlook 2007

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 108.79%

I know that 07 Word saves files in a .docx file that is not usable by the 97-03 Word and same goes for PowerPoint and Excell. My question is does this occur with Outlook 2007 also? I have a friend who said that he can't read my Outlook 2007 email to him (he uses the older version of outlook). Is there a way to change it so that I can send 2007 Outlook emails to people with the 97-03 versions?

Relevancy 100.62%

I just got Outlook 2007 but only have Word 2003. I want to set Word as my email editor. I've looked at all the Outlook Options and checked the Microsoft website but can't find how to set Word as the editor. If there is a way, please let me know.

The reason I want Word as the editor is I send a lot of screen snapshots and I used to be able to crop them in Word editor. I can't find a crop option in Outlook 2007. If there is a way to crop screenshots in Outlook editor then I don't need Word.

Thanks for the help!

A:Word 2003 as Outlook 2007 email editor?

If you don't have the rest of Office 2007, you won't get the rich features it provides. With Office 2007, you can crop any picture right in an email message; just hit the contextual tab Picture Tools | Format.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-as-outlook-2007-email-editor.563278/
Relevancy 100.62%

Dear Expert We have configured and enable in Exchange under Organization Configuration -- gt Hub Transport -- gt Transport Rules Junk Email with Priority - when the Subject field or the body of the message contains specific words Apply rule to messages when the Subject field or the body of the message contains https mail mmc com my appl set the Email 2007 Exchange 2003 Junk via Outlook in spam confidence level to Junk Email with Priority - when the Subject field or the body of the message contains specific words Apply rule to messages when the Subject field or the body of the message contains http mail mmc com my appl set the spam confidence level to The problem is Junk Email in Exchange 2007 via Outlook 2003 the user still get the email and notification from our internal Lotus Notes system that we developed system like Leave Claim to Junk E-Mail folder in Outlook Example example subject New Message RESTRICTION FOR MMC OFFICE AT KOMPLEKS ANTARABANGSA DURING PUBLIC HOLIDAY body of the message contains System Junk Email in Exchange 2007 via Outlook 2003 Message Please click the following link for new Message https mail mmc com my appl announce nsf A B D AB E F OpenDocument example Subject Service Report - Month of August body of the message contains Total no of closed support services recorded for the month of August Average day Junk Email in Exchange 2007 via Outlook 2003 spent on one issue estimated days Please click on the link below for detail https mail mmc com my appl break-d nsf Analysis OpenPage Note - No of services should be higher please log in all service call and close the issue promptly How to solve this so that the email from our Notes server going direct to the user Inbox in Outlook Regards Shamsul nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/junk-email-in-exchange-2007-via-outlook-2003.685139/
Relevancy 99.33%

I am trying to get way from the nightmare of Windows Live Mail mostly due to two bugs that are still in the latest version of the program I'm trying to migrate from WLM to Outlook or into email ACCOUNTS Importing WLM2011 from Outlook 2003 2007 and I have run into a brick wall on importing Importing email ACCOUNTS from WLM2011 into Outlook 2003 or 2007 my email accounts Microsoft has extensive help pages on migrating TO Windows Live Mail but apparently they do't think anyone would ever want to go FROM Windows Live Mail There is a good article at Migrate from Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail to Outlook HowTo-Outlook which covers migrating the messages and contacts but no one seems to have found any way to get your account data from WLM into Outlook WLM will export the account data as iaf files just like Outlook Express did but Outlook doesn't recognize the iaf files I found a couple of old Outlook help pages that talk about importing IAF files but the procedure shown does not work because Outlook doesn't ever give you any chance to tell it where to look for the IAF files it just says quot No internet accounts were found to import quot

A:Importing email ACCOUNTS from WLM2011 into Outlook 2003 or 2007

I usually just manually copy the Account Settings data from one program to another. There isn't much data to copy and it reminds me of my server login information.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/199094-importing-email-accounts-wlm2011-into-outlook-2003-2007-a.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Outlook amp encrypted email forwarding I have a question about forwarding encrypted emails Scenario Outlook I have received an encrypted email from outside our exchange from an existing client not within our office 2003 encrypted 2007 & HELP email forwarding URGENT Outlook We have completed the DIGITALLY SIGNED process and we can send Signed and encrypted emails to each other just fine all is working NON-ISSUE -- once I receive the encrypted email with the little blue lock I open it then at that point IN OUTLOOK I can then forward it to a co-worker within our office and within our exchange environment perfectly Actually it seems as though once the email is open in outlook it unencrypts it allowing me to send it anywhere to anyone even to an outside email address Scenario Outlook I have received an encrypted email from outside our exchange from an existing client not within our office We have completed the DIGITALLY SIGNED process and we can send Signed Outlook 2007 & 2003 encrypted email forwarding URGENT HELP and encrypted emails to each other just fine all is working NON-ISSUE -- once I receive the encrypted email with the little blue lock I open it then at that point IN OUTLOOK I can not forward it to a co-worker within our office or within our exchange environment Actually it seems as though once the email is open in outlook it it stays encrypted unchanged and will not allow me to forward it to a co worker or outside email address UNLESS I manually uncheck the blue lock in the top options pane when the message is open The problem with this is that we get s of emails and we used to just open then forward to another email internally NOTE This worked at one point in OUTLOOK for almost a year then Outlook 2007 & 2003 encrypted email forwarding URGENT HELP something changed in the enviroment and we can no longer complete the above action the way we can in OUTLOOK I HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE SO BASICALLY WE WANT THE OUTLOOK TO KEEP WORKING LIKE THE OUTLOOK We want to get the encrypted email then open it and forward it to an internal email address without having to uncheck the blue lock on each email one at a time We used to also use a shortcut ctrl s and this would open the email and un-encrypt it but this seems to no longer work I would assume that if we had say emails in a box and all were encrypted is there not a way that we can select all and quot Unencrypt quot all of them so then we can do what we want with them Is there a global settings somewhere We do not have the setting checked that says digitally sign or encrype all outgoing emails I figured I would add that cause someone will assume we have that checked Thanks this is a bit URGENT I would appreciate any replies Thanks JN nbsp

A:Outlook 2007 & 2003 encrypted email forwarding URGENT HELP

BUMP

Can anyone help with this ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-2003-encrypted-email-forwarding-urgent-help.847777/
Relevancy 99.33%

Please can someone help me.I manage a band and we have a database of 3,000 contacts. The headings are name,location,email, website. I wanted to put all this into my contacts sheet so that rather than getting a mailing list program I'll just use outlook and distribution lists. I was going to set up different address books for each location. i.e USA.

A box saying you have not named the ranges keeps coming up. Honestly i dont have a clue and could really do with a step by step, baring in mind i know nothing.

Problem is that it wont import from Excel into Outlook. Im getting desperate now their album is out in February and i have not used the direct mailing yet.

I cant find a step by step idiots guide to doing this anywhere.

Can someone help there is a free album in it if you can lol

Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-put-my-excel-2007-email-database-to-outlook-2003.766140/
Relevancy 98.47%

I ve seen this issue on email Office Problem Merge 2003 HTML Outlook 2007 other postings but have not seen the answer yet I have Vista Outlook and Office I have been trying to send an email merge works fine on my other XP machine with office in HTML I can send a merge in text but the HTML option Office 2003 Outlook 2007 HTML email Merge Problem yields nothing I purchased outlook because Msft Mail was not working either I am about to throw out outlook and try to downgrade to outlook to see if this option works as it does on my XP machine Any ideas before I totaly frustrate my wife by reloading her software again When the quot text email merge is initiatied I get a message for each mail that asks me to accept that another program is trying to send an email This seems to happen for each email which could really be a problem for several hundred emails I have tried turning off the firewall but the box still appears This whole Vista thing is making me crazy I have to reconfigure my outlook and transfer the list of names and the word doc to my xp laptop just so I can send the Office 2003 Outlook 2007 HTML email Merge Problem mail merge What is the setting to turn this off I am wondering why I paid for Vista and the Oulook sw Sorry just frustrated This should not be so difficult nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-outlook-2007-html-email-merge-problem.739840/
Relevancy 94.17%

I just put in a new hard reading 2003 folders Move not not 2007 from successful; Outlook to certain Outlook drive and installed the latest version of Office I kept the data and archive files from Outlook so I could import them into Outlook and get back to business However that did not happen It was able to read and bring up most of the data but I am missing some folders which are critical The critical folders are folders that were created manually They were used to store email messages that came in that were important They were simply dragged from the Inbox and put into that folder There were also folders within that folder I m not sure if these folders and subfolders were in the Inbox or not They may not have been The way I imported it was by going to TOOLS gt ACCOUNT SETTINGS gt DATA FILES tab gt and pointed to the old PST file I also pointed to the archive pst file as well but later went to FILE gt ARCHIVE and pointed to the Move from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 not successful; not reading certain folders old archive pst file in there Bot ways did not reveal the folders that are needed Is Outlook not able to read all data from Outlook pst files or is there a fix for this Please advise nbsp

A:Move from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 not successful; not reading certain folders

I purchased a new Notebook with Office 2007 installed and copied over my Outlook 2000 pst file. I also had manually created folders for filing important emails. Mine were sub folders within the Inbox folder. Everything copied over, but I could not see the manual folders at first until I double clicked the Inbox folder in the side panel and then they spilled out. I would look for them in that panel and double click anything there starting with Inbox, Sent etc. Also try doing a search for any subject or address of an email you may have saved.

When copying over the pst file I think everything is copied. Appears you did not just copy contacts for example, but the complete pst file. I think the folders are there as Sub Folders, just hidden within one of the main folders such as Inbox.
G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-from-outlook-2003-to-outlook-2007-not-successful-not-reading-certain-folders.580711/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi everyone,

At work we have outlook 2003 and I cannot upgrade that computer, at home I have recently upgraded to outlook 2007 but it left me with a little problem.

I use tasks to delegate jobs out to my team and I have it set up so categories are in fact their names. I used to send task requests with the name of the employee in the category section and when it arrived in the work inbox someone would accept the task and it would immediately go into that particular employees task category.

Now I have 2007 Outlook and although I have set categories up as they used to be (employee names) the task request gets accepted (at work) and instead of going under the employee name it goes into it's own category with no specific category.

Can anyone tell me (short of going back to outlook 2003) how to solve this issue?

Thanks

g4ztfa

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-task-request-to-outlook-2003-issues.946042/
Relevancy 93.74%

Most of my users are on Outlook 2003, but some are on Outlook 2007. When a 2007 user uses the scheduling assistant to try and set a meeting, the message appears No Information. No free/busy information could be retrieved.

Note: a 2003 user can see the other 2003 user's schedule.

Is this something that needs to be set at the Exchange level? How do I resolve?

All users are on Windows XP SP2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeing-outlook-2003-schedule-when-requesting-a-meeting-in-outlook-2007.845123/
Relevancy 93.74%

We are using Exchange Server Some staff in our executive branch have brand Sharing 2007 Outlook with calendar users 2003 Outlook new laptops lucky guys with Office Of They are creating calendars which need to be shared with other employees most of which are running only Outlook OL Calendar s are Sharing Outlook 2007 calendar with Outlook 2003 users made and invites sent for specific calendars to specific groups of users IE Regional Sales Mgr creates several supplemental quot events quot calenders he wants to share with his different teams Calendars ---Default Corporate Dist Dist Dist Region Group ---DistGrp DistGrp DistGrp Permissions ---Dist calender -- gt DistGrp ---Dist calendar -- gt DistGrp ---Dist calendar -- gt DistGrp ---Region -- gt DistGrp DistGrp DistGrp All OL users get an email with a link to Microsoft explaining how to open shared calendars Off users get the icon to click and open specified calendar OL user then follows MS instructions and pulls up the Off user s default calendar with no option to open or even locate any other calender Is there something lacking here Anyone have any work-a-rounds for OL users to open a shared calendar other than the default or main calendar of an OFF user Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-outlook-2007-calendar-with-outlook-2003-users.766056/
Relevancy 93.74%

We are using Exchange Server 2010.

Some staff are using Outlook 2007. They are creating calendars which need to be shared with other employees, most of which are running only Outlook 2003.

All Outlook 2003 users get an email with a link to Microsoft explaining how to open shared calendars. Off07 users get the icon to click and open specified calendar.

Outlook 2003 user then follows MS instructions, and pulls up the Outlook 2007 user's default calendar, then they get this message "Unable to display the folder. The Calendar folder could not be found".

Is there something lacking here? Anyone have any work-a-rounds for Outlook 2003 users to open a shared calendar of an Outlook 2007 user?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-outlook-2007-calendar-with-outlook-2003-users.938467/
Relevancy 93.74%

I have an external software that creates and distributes an email to users with a link to view a report. The external software creates the email with Outlook 2007. Recipients that are using Outlook 2003 do not see the link, just the plain text. The workaround is to highlight and paste into the browser.

The software company says that it is a Microsoft issue.

I see lots of posts about creating HTML in 2003, but nothing about reading...

Help?

A:Links created in Outlook 2007 not a link in Outlook 2003

Some mail servers do not accept HTML formatted messages and only allow plain text? Are these recipients on en Exchange server or just some random POP accounts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/links-created-in-outlook-2007-not-a-link-in-outlook-2003.1041521/
Relevancy 93.74%

We've purchased a new laptop and are using Office 07 now, Windows XP, instead of the old office 03. Regarding Outlook, when I tried to save the old .pst file(Outlook 03) and then import old emails and contacts, the emails imported very easily into Outlook 07. However, none of the contacts were imported. Is there a simple way to export or save Outlook 2003 contacts to a file that can then be imported into Outlook 2007 on a separate computer??

Thanks

Gene

A:Trouble transferring Outlook 2003 contacts to Outlook 2007

Export the old contact as a .CSV file and then re-import into the new installation.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-transferring-outlook-2003-contacts-to-outlook-2007.633428/
Relevancy 93.74%

I have been using the beta version of Office 2007 til it expired last month and during that time exported a back up of Outlook (contacts, calendar etc) to My Docs.
Not all that fussed with the '07 Office suite, I uninstalled it and then reinstalled Office 2002 but when I try to import the pst file to this earlier version of Outlook, it tellss me that it is not compatible and to contact the Administrator (me!).

If I cannot work around this somehow I intend laying on the railway tracks quite shortly as life without my files will no longer have any meaning to me!

I guess as a last resort I can download the latest trial of 2007 Office and see if that will let me re-import the backed up pst file but what a drama!

Relevancy 92.88%

I tried Outlook 2007 Trial and didn't like it. After removing and reinstalling Outlook 2003, the send/receive button is missing in the tool bar, I can no longer edit "rules", among other things.
Thanks,
Boss

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-errors-after-removing-outlook-2007.720550/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi Experts,
I have got a problem regarding to my inability to find .pst file in Outlook 2003/2007.
I downloaded repair tool to repair .pst file and tried to find it but no .pst file was available.
I used normal path to find the pst file (Documents and Settings/username/application data/microsoft/outlook), then went through Outlook2003- Tools-Options-Mail Setup tab- Data File, done search, selected ''Show hidden files and folders'' in Windows Explore and no .pst file is coming up.
Any clue where else to look for it so I can try to repair it.
Environment: Outlook 2003/2007 and Exchange 2007

Thank you in advanced!

A:Cannot find Outlook .pst file in Outlook 2003/2007

Right location - - but think you need the OST

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-find-outlook-pst-file-in-outlook-2003-2007.217499/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi,

Is an Outlook 2003 data file compatible with Outlook 2007? I hope to be able to copy the details of my Outlook 2003 email accounts, emails, contacts etc into an Outlook 2007 installation on another machine. Can I simply copy the data file over to the Outlook 2007 installation and select it as the data file to use in Outlook 2007?

Will this process copy the passwords and settings stored in my Outlook 2003 installation? Or, will I have to reconfigure the email accounts and passwords again in Outlook 2007?

Any advice most appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/402514-outlook-2003-data-file-into-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I had a trial verson of Outlook 2007. After the trial, I uninstalled it. Now I cannot see send/receieve, cannot make rules plus other things.
Any ideas?

A:Outlook 2003 errors after Removing Outlook 2007

Found the answer.
had the answer, all you need to do is so a search for 'mapisvc.inf' on your C: drive. It will find 2 files, one in C:\Windows\System32, one in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033

I renamed both of them to mapiscv_old.inf - call it what you like, delete it if you are feeling game. Then run Outlook 2003, it will configure and put the file back there for you, and allow you to setup your account.
Posted by Rod at 10:32 AM

Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-errors-after-removing-outlook-2007.778437/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hey all! I need alittle help. I am trying to move all of my emaill addresses and saved emails from Outlook Express on one computer. To Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 on a second computer. I've never had to do this before, but I have to now. Because it's not for me. If you guys and girls can help me out with this it would be awesome. I need to get this don tomorrow. Thank you in advance.

Regards

A:Move email addresses from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007

I have Window live mail, but all these MS products work about the same.
Under file go to import export from there it should be self explanatory.
Let me know if you cant find it, Ill help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/113324-move-email-addresses-outlook-express-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Windows 7/Office 2007. I just installed Office 2007 on a brand new HP Laptop running W7 64bit. When click on a URL in an email, I get the following error message, "MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK. This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". This also happened when clicking on an "Unsubscribe" link in a different email. Can someone please tell me how to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Outlook/Office 2007 - cannot launch url in an email in Outlook

Here's the solution: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310049#fixit4me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-office-2007-cannot-launch-url-in-an-email-in-outlook.969516/
Relevancy 91.59%

I had a Windows XP corruption to my system folder wherein I had to reinstall my operating system and "wipe out" my harddrive.

I have my entire "old" harddrive with all settings, files, etc. on it, and now my computer is up and running with Windows Vista Business.

I have successfully added my old PST file to the new OS and it works, however how can I get my Outlook 2003 rules, email accounts, etc? I'm not able to "export" as I cannot run the old Outlook program?...

Are these files located somewhere that I can manually add them (replace, whatever) to the new Vista OS/hard drive?

Thanks in advance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-rules-email-accts-settings-from-outlook-2003-to-outlook-07.638548/
Relevancy 91.16%

I am using Outlook 2007 in Vista Home Premium. When I got a new computer with Vista and Outlook 2007, I migrated all the Calendar appointments from the old computer with Outlook 2003 and Windows XP. The recurring appointments I migrated from Outlook 2003 are seemingly stand alone appointments in Outlook 2007, that is, they don't show that they are recurring, which means I can only delete them one by one, endlessly. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Thanks.

Capn Zip

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-appts-from-outlook-2003.571217/
Relevancy 91.16%

I uninstalled Outlook 2007 (after not liking the program) and reinstalled Outlook 2003. When I start up 2003, I get an error: "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
The program will re-open in Safe Mode and functions without error.
I do not use any odd add-ins.

I have done the following to troubleshoot:
downloaded all upgrades, patches, etc.
renamed the MSMAPI32.DLL TO .old and reopend 2003.

Any ideas? Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downgrading-outlook-2007-to-outlook-2003.545746/
Relevancy 91.16%

I uninstalled Outlook 2007 (after not liking the program) and reinstalled Outlook 2003 in Windows XP. When I start up 2003, I get an error: "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
The program will re-open in Safe Mode and functions without error.
I do not use any odd add-ins.

I have done the following to troubleshoot:
downloaded all upgrades, patches, etc.
renamed the MSMAPI32.DLL TO .old and reopend 2003.

Any ideas? Thank you.

A:Downgrading Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2003

I have recreated a new mail profile, too. Still get the same error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downgrading-outlook-2007-to-outlook-2003.545751/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello I m looking for some help 2007 2003 outlook outlook to transfer with an NK file and a very demanding boss Guess you can t help with the boss I m moving email contents Office from an XP Pro machine to Office on a bit W- I went to user Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Outlook and copied the all content of the file to a new location and saved it I used Microsoft s instructions to transfer the profile from Office to Office too I have plenty of files to choose from http support microsoft com kb Everything seemed to transfer except the auto complete no longer works I searched and found that I need to export the NK file from to I looked in the exported folder I saved on the network and could not find any file that ended in nk I looked back on the computer itself and could not find it there either Is there a different name it could be called Show hidden file and folders is enabled and I tried to use Search Nothing Also when I find it how do I import this to the new Outlook account I read something about changing the name I should mention incase this maters that the 2003 outlook transfer to outlook 2007 ISP provides Exchange to users and the rest are using POP I still have the old machine if I need to grab something off of it Please be as detailed as possible I m tired of being hollered at nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2003-outlook-transfer-to-outlook-2007.950624/
Relevancy 87.72%

I bought a new computer running Vista Home Prem x64 SP1 and installed Outlook 2007. My older computer (XP x32 SP2) has Outlook 2003. Both computers are connected in a home network. All my emails and address book are in Outlook 2003 outlook.pst file. How do I bring that outlook.pst (2003) into Outlook 2007, so that I could have all my emails and address book in Outlook 2007?
Right now in my Outlook 2007 my address book is practically blank.
Would appreciate any help. Thank you.
tanhs

A:Outlook 2007 and outlook.pst 2003

Hi, I forgot to mention that in Outlook 2007 under File ---> Import or Export, other mail programs are listed but not another Outlook.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/243518-outlook-2007-outlook-pst-2003-a.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I had Office 2007 on my machine then installed 2003 as I need to use both applications. The problem is I need to run Outlook 2003 but this does not seem to load, other applications do. I receive the message

Cannot start Outlook MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version. This could be caused by installing other messaging software. Please reinstall outlook?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also in Outlook 2007 calendar I have created appointments but instead of showing who the appointment is with it shows my name, I have also created a meeting request and it still shows as my name.

A:Outlook 2007 & 2003

To the first issue, I don't believe it is possible to run Office 2007 and Office 2003 on the same machine. Microsoft uses the same .dll names to work both products. I believe if you unintstall one instance of Office your calendar may be fixed as well.

Why do you need to run both?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-2003.806905/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have my email options set to HTML, yet i still receive email's in Plain Text. I don't want this because when I reply my signature is automatically inserted at the bottom (yes, that is what i want) but is then converted to plain text (no i dont want this).After I hit reply and switch the format from plain text to HTML my signature is not converted to the new format.

Any help of information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:[Outlook 2003/2007]

Hi Stoychastic, and welcome to TSG.

Stoychastic said:

I have my email options set to HTML, yet i still receive email's in Plain Text.Click to expand...

That may be because some people are sending their messages as plain text only. They may be doing that because whatever device they are using to compose, send and receive e-mails may only support plain text. Forcing your reply to use HTML will get it converted to plain text with possibly an attachment on their end.

I don't believe that Outlook 2003 has a built-in way to always use HTML for replies but you may be able to do it with a VBA macro. Here is a link to a page with the macro and also reasons why you should not send HTML replies to plain text messages.

http://outlook-tips.net/cs/blogs/outlooktips/archive/2007/08/02/671.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-2007.928002/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I originally posted this question on November in the Email section and in spite 2003 used Outlook 2003 email for Word as editor of many views there were no replies That is when I thought I might be going about asking the question the wrong way Windows XP - SP Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook I use Word as my email editor for Outlook Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003 I had had a problem or two awhile back and I used the Detect and Repair Function that comes with Outlook Problems cleared up HOWEVER I got a new and IMHO worse problem my emails that are advertisements like Newegg TigerDirect Overstock etc are fine but anything else that is actually text that is sent to me comes in very very small and I can not find a way to change it I have looked everywhere in Outlook Microsoft online and Google Sample attached I can t find it and it is driving me crazy If anyone could help I d sincerely appreciate it Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003

Hi and welcome to TSG.

From the main Outlook Mail screen, try ...

Tools ->
Options ->
Mail Format Tab ->
"Fonts ..." button in Stationery and Fonts section ->
"Choose Font ..." button under "When composing and reading plain text"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-used-as-email-editor-for-outlook-2003.961599/
Relevancy 82.99%

This appears to be a common problem, with many solutions, though I have yet to find one that works for me. When using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 set to be the email editor, Word opens and works fine to CREATE a new email. However, when trying to REPLY TO or FORWARD an email, I get the error message "Microsoft Word is set to be your email editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The outlook email editor will be used instead...," and when I click OK to that message the native Outlook email editor opens. Word 2003 worked fine with Outlook 2003 replying to or forwarding emails till this morning, but the behavior described above now applies. The OS, by the way, is Windows 10. I have tried to both "repair" and "reinstall" the 2003 Office 2003 suite, both to no avail. Would appreciate a much needed solution to this puzzle.

Relevancy 82.99%

I'll bet you have not heard this one before. I was attempting to send an email to a potential client. Everything seemed to work well except that it was returned. The problem was that the address was changed somewhere. His name is spelled with a j but somewhere along the line, it was changed to a k and so there was no such person and therefore was returned to me.

#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound; not found ##rfc822;

What could have happened? This is a new one on me.

A:outlook 2007 changed email address so email was returned

Hi.

Did you get a message similar with these?
----------------------------------------------
Hotmail:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

-----------------
Windows Live mail:

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/207707-outlook-2007-changed-email-address-so-email-returned.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Intermittently, Outlook 2007 will crash while sending an email and, needless to say, the email is not sent. However I wanted to know if there is a temp or backup copy of that mail anywhere. I've looked in drafts and it's not there.

I've sometimes typed a very long email and then lost the whole email when Outlook crashes so I just wanted to know if, like Word, there is a temp file that may be created.

Thanks.

A:Outlook 2007- crash while sending email - where does the email go?

Hi cp, welcome to TSG. Do you have Autosave enabled for Outlook? If not, perhaps this link will help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-crash-while-sending-email-where-does-the-email-go.886349/
Relevancy 81.7%

At the office I use my desktop that runs Office on 2003 2007 Outlook & Syncing XP environment Sometimes I work from home on my laptop that runs Office on Vista Both machines are on POP Can I connect from home on my laptop Outlook 2003 & 2007 Syncing and indicate email timeframe from server to download to Outlook Sometimes I do not want to download hundreds of emails from not logging on from home laptop for a couple of days if I do not need them On my desktop at the office I have emails in many inbox folders Can I transfer these folders to my home laptop I want to have these folders and emails the same on both machines Currently from my Outlook 2003 & 2007 Syncing home laptop I do not have any of my folders that I have setup on work desktop How Outlook 2003 & 2007 Syncing do I make all read unread emails from one machine appear as read unread email on the other machine I have searched MS website and other sites and have found MANY other things but not answers to these questions Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 & 2007 Syncing

I don't think it can be done (been wrong before) but what you might could with your exchange admin setting it up, is have the emails go to 2 seperate email addresses simultaneously. (create an alternative recipient) You would still have to manually create the subfolders at home & you would not have the read\unread feature either. Obviously you would use a "new" email address at home for this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-2007-syncing.788171/
Relevancy 81.7%

I am a self-employed business development manager and have recently gone from Windows office 2003 to 2007, running on XP Professional. I use Outlook as a simple CRM system (customer relationship management) I follow closely customer contact by relying on the the Journal application which stores itself on the Activities folder - along with all emails and attachments.

Since changing to 2007 the system no longer operates - It is difficult to open a Journal and it does not attach itself to the activities folder. Also emails are no longer attached.

Is there any hope of restoring these vital features? I am actually losing data which is very bad news. Any ideas?

VERY Scunnerd1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-2003-to-2007-outlook-problems.967172/
Relevancy 81.7%

At work I use a calendar in Outlook 2007 and love it. It is set up like a standard monthly calendar (Sunday through Saturday). At home I have Outlook 2003 and the monthly calendar starts with Monday and ends with Saturday and Sunday split. Is there any way to have the standard calendar view in my Outlook 2003.

I am not very experienced so, if this is possible, please keep directions simple.

Thank you in advance.

A:Calendar in Outlook 2003 & 2007

I seem to remember an obscurity about this. Try setting a 24 hour clock rather than a 12 hour clock. It works for printing ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/calendar-in-outlook-2003-2007.757691/
Relevancy 81.7%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 5887 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9100 , 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 942739 MB, Free - 828567 MB; D: Total - 11026 MB, Free - 1288 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, VIOLET6, 6.01, 103050290004677
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

My outlook 2007 email app won't open anymore, so installed 2003; it still won't open. Error messages something to the effect of, outlook can't open or inbox won't open; use inbox repair tool; find Scanpst.exe.

Apparently inbox repair tool cost $; unable to locate "Scanpst.exe" on my computer or 2003 installation disc. So at this point I've uninstalled all of Office 2007 and installed Office 2003, but uninstalled Outlook.

Question: How can I again use Outlook as my email client and/or application?

A:Outlook 2003/2007 won't open

First of all, I do NOT think that a Outlook 2007 file (pst) can be opened with Outlook 2003.

The Scanpst.exe file can be found at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12" on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. On tha 32 bit machine it can be found at "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12".

But again, you may NOT be able to use the version that is installed as it is for 2003 and the pst file is a 2007 version.

You just may have to uninstall 2003 and reinstall 2007.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-2007-wont-open.1004945/
Relevancy 81.7%

I was running Outlook 2007 on my Dell Latitude D830 laptop running XP and the disk drive is giving out, so I'm rebuilding a replacement disk drive. Although I have a valid licence key for Outlook 2007 I only have Outlook 2003 media. I guess that it must have had MS Office 2007 on the laptop when my company bought it. I bought the laptop from my company when I left.

I want to upgrade but can't find an Outlook 2003 to 2007 upgrade download. I need to replace it with Outlook 2007 as I need TLS authentication which 2003 does not support.

I can't find an Outlook 2007 download - it's all 2010/2011. I don't want to pay to upgrade to a version that I don't want.

Any ideas how I get Outlook 2007 up and running without a distribution disk? As I said I have the valid licence key, just no media.

Relevancy 81.7%

I've got a system running Outlook 2003.

Will be installing a second system running Outlook 2007.

Can I copy the Outlook.pst file from 2003 to the 2007 system, or will I have to export/import?

Thanks in advance.

A:Outlook 2003 And 2007 File The Same?

Is this going from XP to Vista John?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112132/outlook-2003-and-2007-file-the-same/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi

Wondered if anyone can help.

I have been running Outlook 2007 on an Exchange 2003 Server for about a year at home and at work.

Home and Work setup matches
SBS 2003 Exchange 2003
Client - Windows Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 Ultimate.

The problem is as follows

At home Outlook opens and after a few seconds crashing with a Not Responding error then I have to force it to close.
Will not open in safe mode

Work does the same thing

This has only started in the last week or so.

All machines are running all updates and service packs.

I have deleted the profiles and recreated but when creating a new profile it crashes when checking names.

If I setup as a pop3 client it works fines.

If I use Outlook 2003 it works fine.

Please can anyone help

Thanks in advance

Peter

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223599-outlook-2007-exchange-2003-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

We're having a funny issue here where users who log on to a station with office 2007 installed are seeing the global address list, but then that same user will login to a station with 2003 installed and they can only see their own contacts.

We haven't fully migrated to 2007 yet, as we're doing it slowly to allow staff and students to get used to it first.

We're running Exchange 2003 server, and nothing was changed in this when the stations were updated to Outlook 2007.

Can anyone help please?

Relevancy 81.7%

I was wondering if any folders or contacts will be lost if I upgrade from Outlook 2003 to 2007. Also, will any information on my calendars be lost if I upgrade? I use Windows XP, but if it is any different for Vista let me know.

Any information would be appreciated.

Relevancy 81.7%

Help I have searched forums but cannot find this anywhere so please excuse if I duplicate I have just acquired new computer with MS Office I have moved all files from old computer with MS Office and everything has gone OK except my outlook contacts and distribution lists I followed MS instructions on how to do this but in the process I 2003 files Outlook pst and 2007 have Outlook 2007 2003 and pst files lost all my emails for the last weeks since I moved to new computer And I can t see my contacts and distribution lists Contacts seem to be there because when entering an email address they will auto fill No sign of distribution lists Now this is a concern but could be replicated with time and patience However the loss of my emails for the last Outlook 2007 2003 and pst files weeks is disaster I work from home and must have had over emails that are business related that have disappeared How can I get them back Researching on the Outlook 2007 2003 and pst files web and MS support there seems to be something about unicode being the problem and outlook pst not recognising unicode which is used in outlook This seems to make some sense suggesting that emails are there but importing the old pst file has done something to all the new emails in I thought I was just importing contacts and it should not have any impact on the emails To top it all my remote backup is not working at the moment Usually I could just restore but this is not the case at the moment Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-2003-and-pst-files.842586/
Relevancy 81.27%

Can't sync iPas/iPod with Outlook

I have an iPad 2 and Outlook 2003. Outlook won't sync with my iPad..

However, they will sync on another computer. Then I can clear the iPad calendar and then sync to main computer but the old calendar info syncs.

Outlook/ my computer seem to be holding on to the old calendar info in some kind of cache.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-sync-ipas-ipod-with-outlook-i-have-an-ipad-2-and-outlook-2003-outlook-wont-s.997821/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a PST file that came from a Windows XP system running Outlook 2003 that I need to get into a Vista system running Outlook 2007. The old system does not run so I cannot export from there.

I managed to get the Outlook.pst file copied into the place of the one on the Vista system; but, when Outlook 2007 is started I get the following error:

Cannot open the default e-mail folders. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to open the file."

I have taken ownership of the Users folder and the Documents and Settings folder and all their contents; but, that hasn't helped.

I'll sign this as "Lost in the endless Vista maze"

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,

I am currently using Outlook 2007, and need to share a calendar that I have created (rather than my standard personal 'my calendar') with people on the server who are using Outlook 2003.

I can share my personal calendar fine (the 2003 users have to add my calendar as a shared calendar after I have sent them an invite), but I can not find a way to share the non-personal calendar.

Any suggestion welcome.

Thanks,

Dan

A:Outlook calendar sharing 2007 and 2003

With Exchange? What version?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-calendar-sharing-2007-and-2003.838151/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi all,
I'm experimenting on how to get Office 2003 and Office 2007 to co-exist on the same computer.
Setup: Vista Biz 32bit. Office 2003 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook). Office 2007(Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, NO OUTLOOK)

Each component in the suite run ok.
I have added the registry entries for Word2K3 and Word2K7 so they don't auto-register every time you launch.
(reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t
REG_DWORD /d 1
eg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t
REG_DWORD /d 1)

My problem is when I try composing a test message in outlook 2003, it thinks word 2003 is not installed.
We're using an open source Exchange server (Scalix) whose version (11.0)does not support Outlook 2007.

Any insights?
Thanks

Relevancy 80.84%

I just recently upgraded my Outlook from 2003 to 2007 and although some of the icons and things are flashier, I am having loads of trouble trying to figure out how to do a mailmerge. Currently, I have all of my email addresses in an Excel 2003 file under two columns "Name" and "Email".

Can anyone help me figure out how to do a mail merge from Excel to Outlook 2007? I basically want to have an existing message where it will insert the "name" into the message and send it to the "email" listed in Excel. I could do it no problem in the old version.

Thanks!

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi guys,

I'm writing this from work, so I'll make it quick and keep my boss happy.

In the office we run both Outlook 2003 and 2007, as most of the computers aren't built to deal with 2007 in terms of performance. I often move around the office and find that I'm jumping between 2003 and 2007 fairly regularly. This throws up enough issues on its own with flags, categories and syncronisation, but the most recent (and annoying one) involves calendars

I've made two new calendars (for a couple of meeting rooms so people can book them easily), but I originally made them in Outlook 2007, so all the guys using 2003 couldn't access it. Now I'm trying to make them in 2003, but I get half a million errors whenever I try to add something or share the calendar.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this.

A:Outlook 2003/2007 compatibility issues

hi, yes.

incompatibilities between outlook 2003 and '07.

don't think there is a solution other than updating the other computers.

tried it a few times myself, went clunk. lol

cheers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-2007-compatibility-issues.945772/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi all

I am doing an upgrade from Office 2003 to 2007 but need to keep the users Outlook mail setup.

I just want to upgrade the rest of it without it getting too messy i.e; without me having to setup Outlook all over again for the user.

Any ideas the best possible way to do this cleanly.

Relevancy 80.84%

Windows XP Pro
Office 2007 Standard (Paid + registered + Updated to latest)
Office 2003 Pro (Paid + registered + Updated to latest)
Eset Protection

There seems to be a conflict between Office 2007 and Outlook 2003

Using Excel 2007 and Office 2003 seems to trigger a scroll down with no stop, in all Office modules + a loss of Junck mail Filter in Outlook 2003.

With Microsoft periodic new updates, all operations resume to normal, but after later uses, the scroll dpwn + Filter loss comes back again.

I am thinking of de-installing Office 2007 or 2003, but need to keep Outlook 2003.
Is there a way to make sure that Oulook 2003 would not interfere with Office 2007 if I remove all of Office 2003 modules but not Outlook 2003 ?

Please advise,
Richard

A:Outlook 2003 - Office 2007 Issues

I would also be willing to migrate to the near future Office 201x... if available soon because I am not all that satisfied with this new Excel 2007 interface. It feels like working in silo with the rooting of different options...

Did anyone ear of a new near future version of Office Pro (with Outlook)

Thanks again,
Richard

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-2003-office-2007-issues-388594.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I would like to get my word to integrate with my outlook. I am running server 2003 with outlook 2007. When I click on letters and mailings in word I get the address book. When I click the address book it says ms exchange and then it says ms exchange is unavailable. Retry or work offline. I would just like to be able to insert contact into my envelopes and labels. My outlook is set up with contacts not a global mail list. Any ideas? This should be simple but it seems that nothing with microsoft ever is.
Thanks,
Jerry
PS It now will show the global address list and it used to have the contacts listed at the bottom and I could click contacts and then use them. I have global address all contacts etc but not outlook - contacts

Relevancy 80.84%

I backed up files from an old hard drive and I wish to copy the stuff from outlook 2003 into outlook 2007.
What is the best way to go about performing this task.
Thanks.

A:Migrating outlook 2003 files 2007

Hi rasmasyean

Locate the .pst files and open them in Outlook 2007:
File > Open > Outlook Data File
Browse to the location of the .pst files and select it.
The Personal Folders (.pst file) should appear in Outlook.

Repeat for any additional .pst files you have.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/migrating-outlook-2003-files-2007.784773/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have never been able to even OPEN the "Rules and Alerts" in Outlook 2003, so when I finally upgraded to Office 2007, I thought it would work, but it does not. It shows up on my menu, and when I click it, something flashes (cannot read the message) and goes away. I use it at work, but cannot at home. Does anyone know what I can do to get it to work?

Kahlukers

A:Rules and Alerts in MS Outlook 2007 & 2003

A lot of Office 2003's settings and "problems" are transfered to Office 2007 during the upgrade. My rules and alerts works fine. I am using Office 2007 Standard.

Have you installed all the MS Updates for Windows and Office? Is your system free of spyware, malware or viruses?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rules-and-alerts-in-ms-outlook-2007-2003.87129/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have one client on our network who suddenly cant have appointments added to his calender by any users that use 2003 outlook. They may remove appointments just not add. He is using outlook 2007. The users that have outlook 2007 have no trouble adding appointments to it and there are other users with 2007 that may be modified by the 2003 users. When a 2003 user attempts to add a appointment to his calender they receive an error message that either the file has been deleted or moved, the mailbox file size has reached maximum size, or they do not have permission. The file has not been moved or deleted and is no where near maximum size. All users have editor rights to the calender also. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Conflict With Outlook 2003 And 2007 Calenders

Hello hispaladin,

Is this a recent problem, or has it been happening since the install of the product?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172302/conflict-with-outlook-2003-and-2007-calenders/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi Everyone,

I can receive my email on outlook2007, but I can not reply nor send email through outlook; I receive the following error message: ,<< Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).>> . Everything else works fine on these other networks, but I have to go to my server websites that I am pulling my email from to be able to send or reply to them. Any idea what I have wrong please?

Windows 7 COMPAQ HP 64 bit and OUtlook 2007.
Thanks
Michael

A:Cannot sent email from outlook 2007

First thing I would check is in the advanced account settings check the SMTP server TAB and that the "my server requires me to log on) is set and the "use same settings as my mail server" is on.

Also check the port settings, if set for SSL or TLS try without or auto and vice versa

Not sure if the actual options I've given are correct wording but you should be able to see the ones I mean

It may take a few tries to get things sorted but it should be one of the above

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/90894-cannot-sent-email-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I can't seem to find anyone else who is having this problem and I can't find help from Microsft without paying $50, soooooo here is the problem.
I can't get Email to work on outlook. I tryed (way more then once) to set up a new acount by going into Contacts - Mail - and set up a new file. but when I put in my email information it can't find anything. Crypted or uncrypted. So what can I do??
please help.
Thanks!

A:Outlook 2007 Email HELP

You are trying to setup a new account or new contact?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-email-help.718730/
Relevancy 80.84%

I would appreciate any help you could give me

I have Windows 7 and microsoft office 2007

when I use outlook 2007 I get an error message 0x800CCC0F only when tring to send an email. I am able to receive emails normally.

Thanks

A:email outlook 2007

Try the troubleshooting methods given here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469968/email-outlook-2007/
Relevancy 80.41%

Just started to set up Outlook. Have entered two email addresses. Mine and my wife.
Imported addresses & folders from OE. Some folders have different names in each email address. Everything from my email folders has been duplicated under wife (she had no files) where the folders are the same name ie inbox, deleted files, etc . When a new email arrives it goes to both. When I delete, it deletes from both. Suggestions please.

A:outlook 2003 - email

Have you set up two completely different Profiles with completely different data files in Outlook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email.430011/
Relevancy 80.41%

HELP! changed email hosting servers so had to make changes in accounts.....now emails, and copies are going to all wrong personal folder inboxes...any suggestions? THX

Relevancy 80.41%

I just starte using Outlook 2003.
I have a Yahoo and a Hotmail email account.
When I send a message to myself at either address, the email only goes to the Outbox and some time later I get messages such as:

< Task 'Yahoo - Sending' reported error (0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the server failed.
The server responded ''. ' >

What may be wrong? What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance for all help offered.

Amarysio

Relevancy 79.98%

Morning One member of my domain is 2003 Exchange Outlook and Business, Vista 2007 running Windows Vista Business with Outlook Service pack one this user was kind of a test pilot for Vista as a whole and we have had a number of problems that I will not Vista Business, Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2003 go into here As of this morning the problem is that legitimate e-mails from people on the GAL are being forwarded to the junk mail folder Outlook won t allow me to add them to the safe senders or domain list because quot This person is on the GAL and can t be added to the safe list quot Some messages go through and some don t I have reviewed the messages for content and can t find anything that the outlook filter wouldn t like I have double checked the users rules and there isn t anything that seems like it Vista Business, Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2003 could cause the problem I have tried various settings for the level of spam filter with no effect Everyone eles on the small network is running XP Pro SP with Outlook and don t seem to be having any issues Thanks in advance S nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-business-outlook-2007-and-exchange-2003.697607/
Relevancy 79.98%

I had Outlook 2003 for years and my computer died. The refurbished computer I bought has Outlook 2007 pre-installed. I have all my old data including Outlook pst backed up on Carbonite and just did a restore. I want to import all my old emails and contacts. From what I have gathered, I can import the info (pst file?) into Outlook. Is is possible that I could mess up outlook if I don't do it exactly right?

A:outlook 2007 import data from 2003 version?

You can use Import/Export Function in Outlook to import all your old emails and contacts. Yes importing function can mess up the already existed data if an orphan PST file possesses some of duplicate items. To deal with it, deploy the filter available in the Outlook import function like Remove duplicate entries, etc. Its just about how and what data you are going to move.

For more information click here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/290859

Thanks & Regards
Clark Kent

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587199/outlook-2007-import-data-from-2003-version/
Relevancy 79.98%

I posted a message yesterday and that issue was more or less solved, but today I've discovered a new issue. I had office 2007 and while I liked some of the new features, I found it in general to be way to slow, so I downgraded to 2003. I've had a number of issues (I think many of which had to do with dll file versions. I've worked through most of the issues and nearly everything seems to be functioning as it should... EXCEPT.... When I try to hit "reply to all" in Outlook, I get the following error:

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart outlook.

Needless to say, restarting outlook does not help. It was suggested that I type Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll
in the command line. That didn't help either.

Any thoughts anyone has would be greatly appreciated!

A:Downgrading Office 2007 to 2003 - Outlook problem

Another user on another forum had the same exact problem and managed to solve it like this (Other users tried this method and it worked for them too):
Summit-IT
07.03.2008 at 07:31AM PDT, ID: 21925812
This is not the only solution to this issue. I had the same exact issue. I was using office 2007 and downgraded to 2003 and my reply to all button was not working at all. With some trial and error and some searching on the internet I found this solution and it worked very well without having to completely rebuild and reimage the computer, which was not an acceptable solution for the time that it would have taken to do that.

The solution that worked for me was this:

First make sure outlook is closed. Because you are using an exchange server it should be no problem to delete your .ost file. Go ahead and delete that as well. Then go into your control panel and click on the Mail icon. When the profile box comes up go ahead and remove your email profile. I didn't have to reboot but you may want to go ahead and do that. When the computer gets back into windows then reopen outlook and it will ask you to rebuild your profile. Go through the profile rebuild and select the cached mode in your outlook to rebuild your .ost.

That fixed the issue for me and now my outlook is working as it should. I would say try this before reimaging your entire machine, but definitely try this first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downgrading-office-2007-to-2003-outlook-problem.808502/
Relevancy 79.98%

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Googleing this didn't get me too many results. What with all of everyone saying how much integration there is between Onenote and other MS Apps., I haven't found a solution to this one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx,

Ron V.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-outlook-2003-tasks-to-onenote-2007.744336/
Relevancy 79.98%

After i installed MS Project 2007, everytime i open Outlook 2003, a window will pop saying that Outlook needs configuring. It will take a few minutes and finish and then disappear. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue? Any help is appreciated.

Sean

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-needs-configuring-after-ms-project-2007-is-installed.855216/
Relevancy 79.98%

Does anyone know of a screen notifier that will notify me of Outlook 2007 email without me having Outlook 2007 running? I am currently using IncrediMail but would prefer Outlook except for it's notification method.
Thanks. jhindle

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-email-notification.725994/
Relevancy 79.98%

I saved certain email messages in an entry in a personal folder.  We want someone to pick up the firewood so I opened a contact sheet, named it "Manitoba Firewood People" and copied pertinent emails in there.  Well today I looked and when I click each email icon, they're all empty.  Where did they go?  Does archiving remove content?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514138/outlook-2007-email-messages/
Relevancy 79.98%

I use windows vista and MS outlook as email manager anytime somebody send email through BCC 2007 outlook in email unreadable then email unreadable in outlook 2007 the receiving email will be unreadable as seen below The same email is received and clearly readable in computer with windows XP and outlook Does anyone know why and how to solve this problem Subject Testing MIME-Version X-Mailer Lotus Notes Release September From email Message-ID lt email protected g gt Date Mon Jan X-MIMETrack Serialize by Router on FMail IFRCS Release November at Content-Type multipart mixed boundary quot mixed A E C quot To undisclosed-recipients Return-Path email X-OriginalArrivalTime Jan UTC FILETIME C D C FF -- mixed A E C Content-Type multipart alternative boundary quot alternative A EC C quot -- alternative A EC C Content-Type text plain charset quot US-ASCII quot So let me know if this works -- alternative A EC C Content-Type text html charset quot US-ASCII quot lt br gt lt br gt lt font size face quot sans-serif quot gt So let me know if this works lt font gt -- alternative A EC C -- -- mixed A E C Content-Type image jpeg name quot Sorryimage jpg quot Content-Disposition attachment filename quot Sorryimage jpg quot Content-Transfer-Encoding base j AAQSkZJRgABAQEASABIAAD wBDAAYEBQYFBAYGBQYHBwYIChAKCgkJChQODwwQFxQYGBcU FhYaHSUfGhsjHBYWICwgIyYnKSopGR tMC oMCUoKSj wBDAQcHBwoIChMKChMoGhYaKCgoKCgo KCgoKCgoKCgoKCgoKCgoKCgoKCgoKCgoKCgoKCgoKCgoKCgoKCgoKCgoKCj wAARCAGQAZADASIA AhEBAxEB QAHwAAAQUBAQEBAQEAAAAAAAAAAAECAwQFBgcICQoL QAtRAAAgEDAwIEAwUFBAQA AAF AQIDAAQRBRIhMUEGE FhByJxFDKBkaEII KxwRVS fAkM JyggkKFhcYGRolJicoKSo NTY ODk Q RFRkdISUpTVFVWV hZWmNkZWZnaGlqc R dnd eXqDhIWGh iJipKTlJWWl iZmqKjpKWm p ipqrKztLW t i usLDxMXGx jJytLT NXW jZ uHi Tl ufo erx vP fb Pn QA p ipqrKztLW t i usLDxMXGx jJytLT NXW jZ uHi Tl ufo erx vP fb HwEA AwEBAQEBAQEBAQAAAAAAAAECAwQFBgcICQoL QAtREAAgECBAQDBAcFBAQAAQJ AAECAxEEBSEx BhJBUQdhcRMiMoEIFEKRobHBCSMzUvAVYnLRChYkNOEl RcYGRomJygpKjU Nzg OkNERUZHSElK U RVVldYWVpjZGVmZ hpanN dXZ eHl goOEhYaHiImKkpOUlZaXmJmaoqOkpaanqKmqsrO tba uLm wsPExcbHyMnK tPU dbX Nna uPk ebn Onq vP fb Pn oADAMBAAIRAxEAPwD uLm wsPExcbHyMnK tPU dbX Nna uPk ebn Onq vP fb twM c jg pbZCwOKkERJ q tvU ghBtFZl HirzRYH qLyADTU N WVwCeRT hIqyIxSugC c jg pbZCwOKkERJ q tvU ucP YspeUS KmSL qnWPgHFS AAzSczSNAgSPBqYJtIqTHAxQoPfpWbkbqkoiBOeOtPbgYpBnPNPPI zjNTc W gjjJ FK c HWpEY AMYpOam SjYjA Go XBqx NRyDDcUJiaIl NKwxSN lYd slRI WHWm OOKkPTnkelNxVIGuhHtyOetNIqVuKU xzTuLlKpFIvXFStgmkK GRVpmThYjKjPPSnIAMml C FABzTuQ HIwIAp iom damhOQcdallRfRjCtMYcVMRRjnpmlcHEpSIccUwDjmrrJnPG C FABzTuQ HIwIAp KgeM qeK jK lKm xiDip Rgmol mTrRJjUbmnanhRV bWZbnBrUt BGDXDUWp wAcUxlqcrzT qeK jK lKm xiDip Rgmol mTrRJjUbmnanhRV bWZbnBrUt BGDXDUWp SMVl c RDzjg UmOakdAOlBHy VxsaVzyOtSABh qc d PkTAyOD NJsh EfRulDp i IhL YH c RDzjg UmOakdAOlBHy VxsaVzyOtSABh qc d rqV M K iGyiw DmpoXFPMQkGG j vY Kq aBvQtFsL wKgZ nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-unreadable-in-outlook-2007.669066/
Relevancy 79.98%

I consistently get a lot of junk email (about 30 messages a day) in my inbox, and a lot of regular emails from contacts I know get put into the junk email folder. I add the email senders to the blocked list, however, still emails get through. Can someone assist with this?

Please help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575758/a-lot-of-junk-email-in-outlook-2007/
Relevancy 79.98%

This is for Outlook installed on my wife's brand new laptop It's a Dell Vostro plenty of RAM and a more than fast processor It's running Windows and has Office Enterprise installed The install was working fine and the deleting was working okay I believe so upon initially installing Today my wife pointed out in outlook 2007 email Cannot delete that she Cannot delete email in outlook 2007 cannot delete emails by using the delete key CTRL D or the X in the toolbar which should be red but its grayed out I tried repairing the PST file to no avail and tried an OST file repair but there is Cannot delete email in outlook 2007 not a ost file It's not caching I'm not sure if that's Cannot delete email in outlook 2007 a cause for the problem or not Also worth mentioning is that I imported pst files from her old laptop Outlook so that her emails would be present in her inbox The email is set up with IMAP so it needed to be done that way because old emails weren't pushing out from the server So what's wrong with the deleting Sorry for so much information but I felt it was good to unload the details Thanks Eric PS - I neglected to mention that if she opens an email and deletes from the toolbar there it works fine

A:Cannot delete email in outlook 2007

When using IMAP emails are not necessarily deleted, they are only marked for deletion until the server purges them.

When you select delete on an email does anything happen? You should see a line marked through it to note it has been marked for deletion.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288852/cannot-delete-email-in-outlook-2007/
Relevancy 79.98%

I am setting up my Charter email account on my work computer, and I am able to receive emails but not send from that account. I also have my domain email setup with Outlook which uses Exchange server and works just fine.When I do a test settings I get:Send test e-mail message: Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).Here are the Charter server settings: http://www.charter.com/customers/support.a...tArticleID=1417I have also tried using port 2525 instead of just 25 for outgoing, with no luck. Any reasons why? Would it be the network I am on? I have it set up at home with Outlook 2010 and it works fine.Thanks!

A:can't configure email in Outlook 2007

Is this normal, and could someone explain why. This is from the Charter chat support:TTD April : Mail relaying is the practice of using Charter mail servers to send mail (SMTP) from a non Charter IP space, or from domains not hosted by Charter Communications. Relaying is not allowed by Charter. If a Charter customer is connected to the internet not provided by Charter, accessing e-mails should be done at http://www.charter.net, or the customer must change the outgoing mail server (smtp.charter.net) to the service provider's outgoing mail server. I am not on Charter internet connection at work, it is a different company...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/342251/cant-configure-email-in-outlook-2007/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi, Techguy,

I have a laptop running on Windows XP. My problme is with Outlook 2007 and I used Yahoo mail.

IT all started (on a dark and hot night J/K) three days ago when I turned on my outlook 2007. It asked if I wanted to Archive (which I've never done before) and I clicked yes. Then, my Outlook stopped working. It would not send or receive. The error message suggested that I run "scanpst.exe" on all my .pst files. I did and the repairs were completed.

I had too many emails, so I deleted some emails.

Currently, I can send emails, but can not receive any emails. I keep getting error message "0x80004005 Operation failed".

I scanned my whole laptop via NOD32; nothing.
I created new email profile; still can not receive emails.
I can send email but not receive. Please help. Thanks.

A:cannot receive email on Outlook 2007

Read this.. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329936

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-receive-email-on-outlook-2007.704361/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi there,

I've been having some intermittent problem with Outlook 2007 since I've had it set up when I first bought the computer (about 2 months ago). About every second day or so, I'm unable to get or send emails from 4 of my 5 email accounts. The error message I get follows:

Task 'Jonathan Jetté (RS Info) - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

The error message is the same for all four email accounts. Everything seems ok with the Internet connection (as I am currently writing in this forum!) and the webmail of each of these still work fine (although it literally takes four times more time to check them). Up until now, I've been unable to figure out the problem. If you have any idea, please advise.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-email-issues.609901/
Relevancy 79.98%

I m having a problem email in Can't Outlook 2007 setup setting up an email account for a friend and would like some advice I have tried to set up a new POP mail account on a friend amp s computer and can t get it to work Can't setup email in Outlook 2007 He has just had a Can't setup email in Outlook 2007 new machine Win and is running a new setup of Office Currently he only uses hotmail as his mail program but wants to setup a conventional address in Outlook which until now has not been used Having put in Can't setup email in Outlook 2007 all of the new email account info and running a test on the account settings we are getting messages that can t connect to the server If I put the exact same settings into my Outlook the test settings work fine and a test message is sent There is absolutely no difference in settings and he is connected to the internet The only thing I have noticed is that in the Test Account settings box the first line on my machine is Establish Network Connection - Completed followed by Find Outgoing Mail Server - Completed On his machine when we run the test setting there is no mention of Establish Network Connection his first line being Log onto Mail Outgoing Server - Completed Any suggestions would be really welcome nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

When we try and set an attachment with an email it strips the attachment but still sends the email. We've reinstalled outlook but this didn't make a difference. We've also turned off our anti virus software and it still doesn't attach. The email message itself is send but any attached file is stripped off the email and doesn't go to the recipient or our outbox.
If any one could help or have any ideas it would be great.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-email-problem.794617/
Relevancy 79.98%

On my work computer we all have Microsoft Outlook We had an IT guy set MS Outlook Errors 2007 Email us all up on it but I m thinking my problems will have to be solved using some internet help At the beginning of the year I switched offices and started using a new computer I have tried setting up my email in Outlook but seem to have failed and I don t know what MS Outlook 2007 Email Errors I did or what I can do to fix it I can receive some emails but cannot send any They sit in my outbox forever and when I shut down it gives me an error asking if I want to continue to try to send the messages I went into quot add a new account quot and I think that is what I messed up It gives me this window it pops up atleast times and just have to cancel it each time So my question is how do I get rid of that sign in box and how can I start sending emails

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396767/ms-outlook-2007-email-errors/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have followed the instructions from Microsoft...removed all filtering.

Also selected all the domain names from frequent correspondent companies (our own company, husband's etc.) as "safe" and still, everything is classified as Junk.

Should this be significant:

When I indicate "Not Junk" it moves it into inbox, but will not let me open any attachments. It keeps the "protection" turned on. I have to close Outlook and get back on, before I have access.

I find nothing in the Microsoft Knowledge base that addresses this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-everything-is-junk-email.710718/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

Does anyone know how to rearrange email address by custom perferences?

currently I have several email addresses in my mail folders, I want to rearrange them by my own perference rather then by alphabet order. Any ideas?

I already tried to drag them. i figured out how to do it in Mozilla Thunderbird but not in Outlook.
Also someone in the office is currently having a issue with their outlook. It keeps warning them they are reaching quota but we checked and infact, they have 300mb left out of 500mb free for the email account. Any ways to disable the popup or fix this issue? email is imap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-email-questions.704460/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,
I am trying to create a rule which filters emails between TO and CC for the same group.
for example:
The group name is QA_GROUP.
All emails that have QA_GROUP in CC will be deleted, and those who have QA_GROUP in TO will remain in my inbox.

Anyone has an idea how to do it?

Thank You.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-filtering-in-outlook-2007.878601/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello,

Someone in our office has been trying to send emails with attachments, but they have been running unusually slowly. She is using a notebook, and she is attached to the network through an Ethernet connection. The software is Outlook Professional 2003. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-attachments-in-outlook-2003.438476/
Relevancy 79.55%

Really quick and probably easy question. I want to back up all my emails to a CD before I do a format reinstall. Is there any way to do this in Outlook 2003?

A:Backing Up Email in Outlook 2003

Hi xSoilworkeRx

If you have any Rules you would like to save, Export them and save the resulting .rwz file.
Tools > Rules and Alerts > E-mail Rules tab > Options > Export

Do a search for .pst files.
These contain your messages as well as your Contacts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/backing-up-email-in-outlook-2003.434217/
Relevancy 79.55%

My outlook 2003 has problem, It always download the same emails when I click send/receive, which means I could get same emails some time in my inbox. Can anyone advice how to solve?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-repetation-in-outlook-2003.417489/
Relevancy 79.55%

Outlook 2003 hyperlinks
When inserting a hyperlink into an HTML email, I find that I cannot click on the link whilst composing, the recipients will be able to click on the link once it has sent. Is this a 'design feature' of Outlook 2003? just wondering!?

A:Outlook 2003 hyperlinks - in a new email?

I've had this problem in Outlook 2000 as well, but it doesn't bother me as a quick copy and paste to use it works for me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-hyperlinks-in-a-new-email.513110/
Relevancy 79.55%

When I respond to email messages I get the attached error message. What setting(s) do i need to change?

A:MS Outlook 2003 Email Issue

Looks like you are responding to e-mails in html mode. Your IE internet/intranet settings are probably set to not allow active X controls which isn't really a great problem unless you can't stand the message. Open IE internet options and go to the security tab -custom level, scroll down and make sure the following are checked:

run active x controls and plugins
script activex controls marked safe for scripting

or if your not totally paranoid set the internet zone to medium high. Hopefully that helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/281039/ms-outlook-2003-email-issue/
Relevancy 79.55%

Good Afternoon I work in a very small office of employees We have pc's all running xp sp all connected to a separate server which forwards our email gets data backed up to it etc 2003 receiving outlook not email Around weeks outlook 2003 not receiving email ago one of the machines stopped receiving email through outlook exchange server Email sent from it gets received and it does outlook 2003 not receiving email seem to receive email sent from other people in our office but nothing from outside has come in for quite a while Having read up on a few things on this board amp else where i have so far established Removing the account in outlook and putting it back on again makes no difference Removing the anti virus firewall software did nothing Reinstalling a different antivirus etc avg and running a full virus scan pulled no results Checking and comparing as many of the properties on the server as I can find there is nothing different that i can see between one of the working accounts and the non working one There does not appear to be any mail queued on the server that is not pushing through on the account Having had very little experience in this kind of thing any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Many thanks in advance Sam

A:outlook 2003 not receiving email

Is there a particular 0x800ccc error code or something similar happening when you click send/receive on that machine?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-2003-not-receiving-email-390411.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have an associate that cannot see the content of some emails unless she selects Reply or Forward, then the text becomes visible. If she opens the email, or tries to view it in the Preview Pane, it appears blank. These are emails from 2 different people. I had seen something similar before and a bad Hardware Profile was the culprit. Deleted the hardware profile, created another one and it worked well. That does not fix this problem.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-blank-email-in-outlook-2003.870677/
Relevancy 79.55%

This is my first post here, hope I do it right.
I tried to send a spread sheet as an attachment but I keep getting an error message "the connection was interrupted"
error 451.
I suspect the attachment is just too large so I want to just delete it but I can't move it or delete it because outlook has already started sending the message.
Does any one have any suggesting how I can delete this message?
I keep getting this error every few minutes when ever I have outlook running.

Thanks

A:Outlook 2003 email problem

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, jscatam1128.

Here is the solution to your issue:

Turn off your computer.
Disconnect your PC from the cable modem. Now launch Outlook. Outlook will try to do a send/receive cycle, but it will fail pretty quickly. Now, you can open the outbox and delete the stuck message. Close Outlook, turn your computer off again, reconnect the PC, boot up, and you should be back in business.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215838/outlook-2003-email-problem/
Relevancy 79.55%

While trying to fix an issue with selecting text, I got a .cab error that has now been fixed.

However, now when I open Outlook, it is asking to establish a new email account, as if I am a first time user. i can't access the existing email account, and all of the emails, folders etc. An archive.pst file still exists and by the size appears to contain all emails, folders etc.

Does anyone know how I can locate and reinstate the existing email account to access the existing emails etc.?

If this is not possible, can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?

Thanks,

Hotchi

A:Outlook 2003 email account gone

Hotchi said:

can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?Click to expand...

Yes, I'd say your best option is to do that. Luckily you still have the previous PST file

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-email-account-gone.122496/
Relevancy 79.55%

I need to restore, copy, bring over, what ever you want to call it, but I need access to all of my personal folders and email that was left on my computer when I changed over to Windows 7. I successfully completed a Windows 7 Clean install after backing up my hard drive on to an external 250 gig flash (G). I also know and found that Windows 7 created a ?Windows old? file on my hard drive, that also houses my Outlook 2003 backup (As I use the PST Backup utility).
I thought I could just copy the outlook file, rename the file (OutlookXPEmail) and place it in the Windows 7 Outlook file. See attached. But what do I do now? I am still running Outlook 2003, the same program that I was using when I was running XP. Can anyone help me?
Doc3.doc

A:How to access old email from XP Outlook 2003

file / open / outlook data file?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/60351-how-access-old-email-xp-outlook-2003-a.html