Windows Support Forum

Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro

Q: Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro

Hello I have two problems I have a lot of scanning data all date and time stamped All the scans show different status of shipped packages all shipments have unique ID but there are multiple scans data export from macro to second Solved: excel ACCESS: and Show latest data on route for all Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro of them to track the packages I want to find all the packages for which there was quot misdirected quot scan then for all of them show the scan before So the end result would be all the scans that show for each package where it was misdirected the terminal of the scan before the misdirect scan I want to automate this run queries every two hours between am and pm copy and paste all results into Excel to specified areas e g first query results to A second to A third to A etc or onto different tabs save as csv to a specific folder then send it as attachment to a given e-mail address Even partial solution can be good I only know macros somewhat not as much VBA so I tried that with the TransferSpreadsheet command but can t get it work Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-show-second-latest-data-and-export-data-to-excel-from-macro.942280/
Relevancy 99.82%

Hi,

I want to know how i can export the data from Access to excel using Access VBA for the specified sheet using data linkage with access database. Like we used to do it manually in excel as external data from access.

So that the excel size won't be that big and also it saves processing time.

Relevancy 90.21%

I'd like to create a macro which creates a new MS Word document in the same directory as the excel book which copies specific data from an excel worksheet into the new document. The items contained within the cells should appear as a bulleted list on the word document, not a table.

Is this possible?

A:Macro to Export Excel Data to New Word Documet

I'm not a Word macro person at all..But I'm thinking (quick and dirty) you could do this with mail merge. Don't use the address part just 'insert merged' fields...Your 'cells' would have to be in the same row in excel.

There are also excel to word conversion programs(google). I have never used one. If your data was in Access a 'Report' would suit your needs. Also a script that reads the excel file and writes to file and saves as .doc might do this also.

Going to word 'for the sake of being in Word' seems counter productive but management wants what management wants.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-to-export-excel-data-to-new-word-documet.992495/
Relevancy 86.8%

When i export my inventory from my DB into an excel file my trailer brands are listed as they are in my DB of course But when i bulk upload them with XML feed to trailer inventory sites HTW com amp HTT com for our example here My inventory is listed on their site but it s not searchable because the brand search is a Replace with similar - sample data required Solved: Formula? Excel my data or -Macro drop down Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample menu on these sites Say i goto HTW com and do a search for Blue Ribbon trailers none of my blue ribbon trailers show up because all of Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample mine are listed as BLUE RIBBON TRAILERS LTD and the site is searching for Blue Ribbon and although they are the same trailer brand HTW com does not see them What i m looking for is maybe a Macro or even formula that once i tell it what site i m working on will go through my list and replace all my spellings with the proper ones for that site Attached is an XLS file with columns the first is my list as is from my DB the other columns are the proper spelling for each corresponding site Excel s find and replace feature is a VERY crude fix to this but since it s so time consuming it s NOT a viable solution Any takers Slurpee Zack Anyone nbsp

A:Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample

for the record, a complete solution would be GREAT, but not necessary...
I just need someone to point me in the right direction and maybe a small working sample of like 5 brands and i'll expand the list from there...

cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-or-formula-replace-my-data-with-similar-required-data-sample.974275/
Relevancy 84.63%

Hi,I want to export a data into excel from Access to the specified range in excel sheet. I have the below codes to open and paste the data into excel, but i want to how i can specify certain range to it.DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, , "Salary Master", "C:\Book1.xls", False, "NewSheetName"can you please anyone help me on this.

Relevancy 83.7%

Many of our company reports are generated in an Access database. Several of the users will print the reports in Access and export to Excel using the "Analyze with Excel" in order to manipulate the data in the manner they choose.

Problem: The data in one column is not correct. Example: In Access, the data will read 001d, 0001, 001h etc (which is correct). In Excel, the same data will appear as a 0 (zero). It is very inconsistent and does not happen to each record. I tried formatting the column in the spreadsheet as a text column and then exporting / overwriting, but that did not work either.

Any ideas?

We use Windows XP OS and XP Office.

Relevancy 83.08%

I am working with a client that has old computers and old software. I've developed an Access application in 2003 to replace a reporting system they have always done in Excel. I would like to keep the data in Access but they are adamant about color coding their information and they require more than three colors which is the max under conditional formatting. I would like to try to export the query directly to Excel in as few steps as possible and would like to assign a button to do this. Can this be done?

Relevancy 80.6%

I m working on a Bill of Material creation automation project that requires some expertise in VBA and I have none The objective is to run a macro from an excel spreadsheet called quot PGE import code to VBA Macro access data to Excel - excel BOM quot to do the following Go to the folder quot C Documents and Settings Desktop Auto Project quot Find all the mdb databases in this folder Find quot HistoricalMaterialItemsAll quot table in EACH of those databases in step and import the data from Excel Macro - VBA code to import access data to excel the columns listed below Excel Macro - VBA code to import access data to excel into PGE BOM xls s columns C through G DrawingNumber ItemNumber Quantity PgeCode Description The following is a VBA code that my friend had written in Excel Unfortunately I have an older version and the code does not seem to be compatible with Excel Sub ImportAccessData Stop dPath quot C Documents and Settings Desktop Auto Project quot sFile quot MDB quot strSrch dPath amp sFile Set TargetWB Application ActiveWorkbook Set TargetWS TargetWB ActiveSheet sRow bFile False If Dir strSrch lt gt quot quot Then strFlNm Dir strSrch bFile True End If Do Until bFile False strPath dPath amp strFlNm Call GetData strPath strFlNm Dir If strFlNm quot quot Then bFile False Loop End Sub Sub GetData fl Stop strSQL quot Select HistoricalMaterialItemsAll From HistoricalMaterialItemsAll quot Workbooks OpenDatabase fl strSQL xlCmdTable Set WB Application ActiveWorkbook Set WS Application ActiveSheet iRow Do Until WS Cells iRow quot quot TargetWS Cells sRow WS Cells iRow Get the Description iRow iRow sRow sRow Loop Application DisplayAlerts False WB Close Application DisplayAlerts True End Sub The quot ImportAcessData quot sub procedure above works just fine However the red statement quot Workbooks OpenDatabase fl strSQL xlCmdTable quot line in the quot GetData quot sub procedure seems to be incompatible with excel Could someone please help debug this Thanks nbsp

A:Excel Macro - VBA code to import access data to excel

Hello, and welcome to the board!

When posting code, please use CODE tags, which extremely helps with readability.

Perhaps you could try using the code constant???...
Code:

Option Explicit

Sub ImportAccessData()
Dim dPath As String, sFile As String, strSrch As String
Dim TargetWB As Workbook, TargetWS As Worksheet
Dim sRow As Long, bFile As Boolean, strFlNm As String, strPath As String
dPath = "C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\Auto Project\"
sFile = "*.MDB"
strSrch = dPath & sFile
sRow = 2
bFile = False
Set TargetWB = Application.ActiveWorkbook
Set TargetWS = TargetWB.ActiveSheet
If Dir(strSrch) <> "" Then
strFlNm = Dir(strSrch)
bFile = True
End If
Do Until bFile = False
strPath = dPath & strFlNm
Call GetData(strPath, TargetWB, TargetWS)
strFlNm = Dir()
If strFlNm = "" Then bFile = False
Loop
End Sub

Sub GetData(fl As String, WB As Workbook, ws As Worksheet)
Dim strSQL As String, iRow As Long, sRow As Long
strSQL = "SELECT HistoricalMaterialItemsAll.* FROM HistoricalMaterialItemsAll"
Workbooks.OpenDatabase fl, strSQL, 3 'xlCmdTable
iRow = 2
Do Until ws.Cells(iRow, 1) = ""
ws.Cells(sRow, 7) = ws.Cells(iRow, 5) 'Get the Description
iRow = iRow + 1
sRow = sRow + 1
Loop
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
WB.Close
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-vba-code-to-import-access-data-to-excel.842885/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hello again,

I have a word doc that has a form in it. The form may have any number of fields (boxes) to type text answers into, or be a drop down list to select an answer from. I need an excel macro that extracts all data from the form, but with every five fields starting a new row in excel. So all data from the form will appear within 5 columns in an excel spreadsheet.

field 1 field 2 field 3 field 4 field 5
field 6 field 7 field 8 field 9 field 10
etc

Is that possible? I have had no luck to do it myself.

Sample form attached, thank you

Relevancy 105.78%

Hi, i would like to be able to copy the values under the peak list in excel as tab separated or a table from the .rtf file attached?
Cheers

A:Solved: Formatting data in an .rtf file into a table like in order to export to excel

Like attached ????
Using Word, I replaced all the multiple spaces with one space.
... Replace "Space Space" with "Space" several times ....
then replaced "Space" with a Tab and pasted to Excel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-formatting-data-in-an-rtf-file-into-a-table-like-in-order-to-export-to-excel.1138731/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi I need to export data from a quite complex database which I didn t build the problem I m facing is that the data is structured in a way that it would require me to quot merge quot contents from different tables and I haven t been able to do it properly Lets say I have tables with this content Code tblCustomer UserID - Name - Phone tblRepairsA IdRepA - UserID - Date - DescriptionA - PartsA tblRepairsB IdRepB - UserID - Date - DescriptionB - in from combined Solved: different Export data 2003 Access tables PartsB And I need to extract something like Code UserID - Name - Phone - Date - DescriptionA - PartsA - DescriptionB - PartsB Now here is Solved: Export combined data from different tables in Access 2003 the problem customers do not get Repairs A and B done on the same day visit and a record is stored only in the table corresponding to the performed Repair then when a customer does have both repairs the IdReps do not match because of the offset introduced earlier Code - IdRepA- - - is assigned to Customer- - IdRepA- - - is assigned to Customer- - IdRep I U B A B U I - B B - B B - is assigned to Customer- IdRep I U B B B U I - B B - B B - is assigned to Customer- Solved: Export combined data from different tables in Access 2003 So far the best I could get with my queries is Solved: Export combined data from different tables in Access 2003 something like Code UserID - Name - Phone - Date - Description - Parts - John - - - B I I B - some-descrip - some-parts - John - - - I B B I - another-descrip - another-parts meaning that I get two entries for what was actually one single visit I devised a workaround using excel but it will take too much time to sort all that out manually I wonder if it is possible at all to merge those results in a query maybe using something like quot group by quot If it is possible I could build a clutter free demo to provide a sample of my Query not that it has anything fancy thanks in advance HQ nbsp

Relevancy 103.2%

Hi I need a help Macro two for from data excel combining Solved: sheets with a macro I have two separate sheets that I need to combine together Sheet contains Solved: Macro for combining data from two excel sheets combinations of PROCESSES e Solved: Macro for combining data from two excel sheets g - and - columns B and C and sheet two contains additional data PRGRAMS for each of the process each program on separate row - the Solved: Macro for combining data from two excel sheets process number linked to sheet is in column A So for process there are programs rows for process there are rows and for there are rows I would like to create a third sheet that combines PROGRAMS from Sheet based of given combinations of PROCESSES from sheet and attaches LHS for the left side of the rule and RHS for the right side of the rule I attached a shortened example I need this for combinations There could be a way in inserting number of rows into sheet e g for the combination - there would be the number of rows added that equales the count of quot quot count of quot quot programs from Sheet and the programs would be pasted I hope its not too complicated Thanks a lot for your help Marketa nbsp

Relevancy 103.2%

I have a list of branches. We have a closed branch that I need to have inserted onto this report. There are times that the closed branch shows up becuase they had warranty work to do, but most times it does not show up. This is branch 046.

How do I write a macro to check for the branch and if not there add it in?

To add more to this - each branch should show up in 2 different rows in the same report. So I really need to do this for both Branch 046 and for Net Sales - Branch 046

Example
Branch 045
Branch 046
Branch 047
Branch 049

Net Sales - Branch 041
Net Sales - Branch 045
Net Sales - Branch 046
Net Sales - Branch 047

Relevancy 103.2%

I m in a bit of a pickle I have an excel document with a summary page quot Tracker quot This worksheet has a table in it with a whole heap of customer information and at the end there are columns for revenue summaries Every month I run a report that I add in a new worksheet which is called quot Relevant Month Revenue Report quot and then I do a vlookup to transfer the revenue and product information in columns quot C quot and quot D quot of the report into the relevant month columns in the quot Tracker quot This has been working well for me but i ll be handing this role over soon so I to Solved: worksheets one into Macro data transfer Excel several from was wondering if there was a macro that I could use that would do this vlookup automatically for the relevant month The Solved: Excel Macro to transfer data from several worksheets into one information in the reports is not in any particular order so i can t do a simple copy paste into my quot Tracker quot summary Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 103.2%

What would be the best way to find a specific Column Header, and copy the data found in the column until the column header is found again?

Relevancy 103.2%

Hi,

I have a worksheet containing various data including an expiry date, this is created by adding 364 to the start date and then then using an auto fill to fill in all other rows (over 50,000).

I would like to make a macro to do this alongside a number of actions but when making the macro I am specifying only a certain range to fill (A1:A50000). The problem I have is this list is consistently growing and so this range would then not include any new records added. Is there a way that I can make it so it auto fills from A1 to the last present row?

Thanks for your help

Dan

Relevancy 102.34%

Hi everyone,

Let me just start by saying this forum is awesome. Nothing like getting a new perspective to solving a problem!

Here's the scenario:
I have 3 sheets: Input Sheet, Output Sheet, Translation Table

Both the Input Sheet and Output Sheet has columns of data with a header row in row 1. I need to move entire columns of data from the Input Sheet to the Output Sheet based on the header row.

This is where the Translation Table comes into play. I need to move the columns of data based on what is defined in the Translation Table.

For example, all data in column "Column A" of the Input Sheet should be moved to column "Albert Column" of the Output Sheet.

A sample file is attached to better illustrate.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Simon

Relevancy 102.34%

I'm a novice excel VBA macro user. I've manipulated already created macros, but I'm not sure how to create one from scratch. Can someone please help me create a macro.

I'd like to move the values highlighted in yellow to the cells highlighted in green...and then delete any rows that are empty.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Relevancy 102.34%

Hello I m finally getting near to the end of my mission to get my trading website online but I have one nutty task left to crack with my data and I could do with a bit of help please I have about products graphic novels - I run a comic shop and I have painstakingly put together my related product info in a spreadsheet laid out as in the current layout below For simple I data my of to rejig the excel available require an macro Solved: there Is do most of the Solved: Is there an available macro to do the simple rejig of my excel data I require products there are related products but for Solved: Is there an available macro to do the simple rejig of my excel data I require some there are only or The simply pertains to the order from left to right the related products are shown on the site What I need to do is get them into the required layout shown below so I can just cut and paste them into a specific Access table that already exists in the online trading software However I m struggling with this as my Excel skills don t really go in macros and loops and whatnot I m pretty chuffed with myself when I use something like concatenate I get the impression this should be reasonably straightforward though which is very frustrating Can anyone recommend an available macro or bit of code that does this sort of thing Or am I just missing some very obvious functionality in excel many thanks in advance Jonathan CURRENT LAYOUT this is meant to be columns - Product Reference but it doesn t want to tab nicely Product Reference REQUIRED LAYOUT similarly this is meant to be three columns - Product Reference Related Product Order Product Reference Related Product Order nbsp

A:Solved: Is there an available macro to do the simple rejig of my excel data I require

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-there-an-available-macro-to-do-the-simple-rejig-of-my-excel-data-i-require.893352/
Relevancy 102.34%

Hi, I need a macro to use in Excel 2003 that will select all data in a column except the header row. At the moment i am using the following command which works well in most cases

Range("A1").Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select

The catch to this is that if the column contains only one row of or no data then the command selects the entire column! Eek, can anybody please help me to fix this?

A:Solved: Excel macro to select data in a column with a header row

Dim lastRow as long
LastRow = worksheetfuntion.Max(2, Range("A" & rows.count).end(Exlup).Row

The variable will contain the last filled row in column A, the Max function will make sure that it will at least be row 2 just in case the column is empty

Then all you need is Range("A2:A" & lastRow).Select
Or if you need more columns then Range("A2:H" & lastRow).select

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-to-select-data-in-a-column-with-a-header-row.1024077/
Relevancy 102.34%

Hi,
I have an employee list excel file (vacation) including the details about empno, emp name, last vacation, next vacation, etc in sheet 1.
Now, I would like to write a macro where I will enter the name of the month in a dailog box and the macro should display the list as in sheet 2 of the attached file.

Windows 7 with MS Excel 7.

Kindly help me, its urgent.

A:Solved: Excel Macro to display data based on month

I've made a quick macro that does as you requested. It is not "smart" at all so if you change where the data is located (by adding a column for example) it will no longer work. It will handle more rows of data no problem. See the attached.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-to-display-data-based-on-month.1058458/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hoping to get some help on this question please I have reviewed the forum and found a similar post but the sample data is more predictable than mine and the by sort to data then to Macro Excel date, cell Solved: new move Macro posted doesn t work on Solved: Excel Macro to sort data by date, then move to new cell my data See post quot Excel Macro to Move data in Rows to column quot -Aug- AM quot On my data I would like to be able to take the yellow row and move the data up to the previous row starting in column quot R quot The rows I would like on the same line all begin with a date I don t know how to make a looping Macro that will identify the quot date lines quot and take the quot Solved: Excel Macro to sort data by date, then move to new cell second date line quot and move it to the quot first date line s quot row Any help would be appreciated I have attached some sample data I hope that s okay Thank you Christine PS - The range on data varies nbsp

A:Solved: Excel Macro to sort data by date, then move to new cell

Christine,

this macro below works well with the sample data.
Code:
Sub sorting()
Dim Rng As Range, c As Range, i As Long
Set Rng = Range("A:A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlNumbers)
For Each c In Rng
i = (i + 1) Mod 2
If i = 0 Then
With c.Resize(, 15)
.Copy .Offset(-1, 17)
.ClearContents
End With
End If
Next
End Sub

How it works:
1. Takes all those cells in column A of the active sheet that contain numbers. (Dates are actually numbers, only formatted to look like dates.)
2. In a loop, it takes every second cell of the set of cells selected in Step #1.
3. Takes a 15 cells wide region starting with the cell selected in Step #2, and copies it to the region starting with the cell positioned one row up and 17 columns to the right.
4. Deletes the content of the original 15 cells wide region.

Caution:
1. If there are any numbers in column A besides dates, then the algorithm is wrong and the macro will fail.
2. If the dataset in the second date line is wider than 15 cells wide then the rest will remain in place. But the macro can be easily updated, just change the Resize line.
3. Don't run it twice on the same worksheet.
4. Always make a backup copy of your data before running the macro, because it is not Undo-able.

Jimmy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-to-sort-data-by-date-then-move-to-new-cell.900057/
Relevancy 101.05%

I need to write a macro that Anot Spreadsheet Writing Move Excel for From Help to Data One Macro a Solved: to Need will copy data from one spreadsheet into a separate spreadsheet not Solved: Need Help Writing a Macro for Excel to Move Data From One Spreadsheet to Anot in the same file Here is the scenario On the first spreadsheet I have a customer s name in one column and a customer s address in another column On a separate spreadsheet Solved: Need Help Writing a Macro for Excel to Move Data From One Spreadsheet to Anot a have those same customer s names without the addresses On the second spreadsheet the Solved: Need Help Writing a Macro for Excel to Move Data From One Spreadsheet to Anot customer s name may be listed more than once What I need to do is add the corresponding address to the second spreadsheet beside the name of the customer identical data from both spreadsheets The reason copy and paste won t work is because the customer may appear numerous times on the second spreadsheet and their are approximately rows of data The macro needs to basically say IF Spreadsheet Column A customer equals Spreadsheet Column G customer then ADD REPLACE info from Spreadsheet Column B address to Spreadsheet Column H currently blank I just can t figure out how to make it do that ANY HELP ANYONE CAN GIVE IS APPRECIATED nbsp

A:Solved: Need Help Writing a Macro for Excel to Move Data From One Spreadsheet to Anot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-help-writing-a-macro-for-excel-to-move-data-from-one-spreadsheet-to-anot.732935/
Relevancy 101.05%

I have an issue if certain cells are blank (not sure if they would be null, blank, empty) to have a macro to input "0" in the cell instead. When I look at the format in excel it's under general.

I currently have the following and it puts nothing in the cell. (or seems to be nothing in the cell) I can manually enter a "0"(zero) in the cell and it shows.....

Sub Addifblank49()
Sheets("BPS").Select
Range("c16").Select
Var = Selection.Value
If IsNull(Range("C16").Select) Then Var = "0"
End Sub
I've tried using val instead of var and it won't let me. I'm not real familiar with VBA so any help would be awesome!!

Relevancy 100.19%

Hello my fellow databasers The Information I am currently working for a company that is tracking their part s expenses per each customer job All customers expenses are entered into the same primary workbook so entering information is easier than going to each customer workbook The column headings are as follows Customer Name - Date - Part Used - Cost - Invoice - Additional Notes There is primary workbook and then each customer has their own workbook I have researched for a week now and am not savvy enough with Excel to know exactly what I should search for I believe a macro is what I want though The question How or what would I do to have each workbook search for its copy substitute workbooks to or Solved: 2010: Excel Macro automatically between data relative Customer Name and paste auto populate the information into the workbooks ex I entered a part for John Solved: Excel 2010: Macro or substitute to automatically copy data between workbooks Doe within Primary Workbook The second workbook sees John Doe copies the row of all parts that have John Doe in the first column and populates it in the second workbook Also would I need to create a Solved: Excel 2010: Macro or substitute to automatically copy data between workbooks separate Vlookup Solved: Excel 2010: Macro or substitute to automatically copy data between workbooks first to add a value to my customers so it wasn t text based to help the above equation work I know I could copy and paste each one but sometimes we retroactively change values of costs and for the amount of time I could save by creating a macro or some formula would be well worth continued research Any help is appreciated Application It s important for my employer to be able to see what parts were used on each job when settling up with clients It will make his life and mine easier if I can get this function to work Otherwise we are looking through hundreds of lines of parts using the find command Thank you for all help and comments nbsp

A:Solved: Excel 2010: Macro or substitute to automatically copy data between workbooks

hi
A macro can do what you need but have you considered using filters on the primary workbook where you can select the customer name and only those records will be displayed? This will eliminate the need for multiple workbooks and make your life much simpler. An added benefit would be the ability to filter on other criteria like Date Or Part # so you can see across Customers what occurred on a specific date or which customers ordered a specific part.
Alternatively, this would be an ideal application for Access which would make data entry simpler and provide the information you need in the format you need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2010-macro-or-substitute-to-automatically-copy-data-between-workbooks.1130580/
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi,

I have several completed templates that I need to summarize into a spreadsheet.

Is there a way for me to list down the files and the location of the excel spreadsheets and run a macro for copying the data I need from the files listed and pasting them into a spreadsheet format?

Here's what I am doing now, manually.

1. Open file1
2. Copy B2
3. Paste to SummaryFile on B1
4. Copy C2
5. Paste to SummaryFile on B2
6. Copy D2
7. Paste to SummaryFile on B3
8. Close file1

9. Open file2
10. Copy B2
11. Paste to SummaryFile on C1
12. Copy C2
13. Paste to SummaryFile on C2
14. Copy D2
15. Paste to SummaryFile on C3
16. Close file 2

I hope somebody can help.

Thanks,
Monica

A:Solved: Excel Macro needed for creating a spreadsheet from data on several but similar files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-needed-for-creating-a-spreadsheet-from-data-on-several-but-similar-files.632147/
Relevancy 99.76%

My boss would like me to capture data from the "details" area of MS Project 2000 and take it into an excel document. The purpose is to make easy to follow graphs for senior management showing Earned Value on a weekly basis. I can directly copy the info and paste it into excel, but as I have to do this for multiple projects, I am wondering if there isn't a way to link the info so it updates itself when i access the worksheet. We use Excel 97. Thanks for your insights.

Relevancy 99.33%

Im wondering if it is possible to do this before i start trying...

I recieve an email containing an excel sheet containing several peices of info such as:
Name
Surname
ID
Etc Etc... Now when i open this.. i need the information posted into specified columns in a new excel document where it will have
NAME | SURNAME | ID |
-------------------------------------------
STEVE NORTH 01874
Any help given appreciated.

Relevancy 99.33%

Hi
I am trying to export data from word or excel form into a spreadsheet. I have tried the macro at http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/257309-exporting-word-form-data-excel.html and it worked for all text fields but not the drop down list options that I have in my form. Can anyone please help/

I have never done this before, hence the struggle. Any help would be much appreciated.

I attach the word form and the excel form which also includes the excel spreadsheet that will collate the data for analysis.

I would prefer the form in word and have it set up as that indicated in the forum thread above but picking up the data from the drop down lists as well.

Thanks
LAD786

A:Export data from word or excel into Excel spreadsheet

Hi there, welcome to the forum.
It seems this post you added on August 12th hasn't given you much answers.
You mention the two files, OK, But what I don't understand
I am trying to export data from word or excel form into a spreadsheet. ...

You probably forgot to attach the macro's with it, that is if you did anything with the link you mentioned.
If you could attach the files with the macros, I could take a look and see what I can do for you.

Another thinng From Word or Excel.

Which one is it going to be?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/export-data-from-word-or-excel-into-excel-spreadsheet.1105830/
Relevancy 98.9%

I am trying to hide rows of my worksheet that show a date in the completed column.
The orders that are complete have a date in column F up to this point I highlight them green so I know they are completed but it would be nice if they highlighted green and were hidden when a date was entered into the completed column.
Can someone assist me with creating a macro that will do this?
I am very new to macros so please forgive my lack of knowledge.

I have attached a sample of what I am doing however inf has been changed.

I am using Excel 2007

Thank you,

A:Solved: Macro for excel 2007 to hide rows based on any data entered in a column

Hi, welcome to the forum,

I put some simple code in the Sheet's vba

Make sure you allow macro's to be run

Just enter a date in the last row of column F for testing.

For the other green rows, just click in column F and update the date by retyping it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-macro-for-excel-2007-to-hide-rows-based-on-any-data-entered-in-a-column.1076999/
Relevancy 98.47%

I am trying to build an application using visual basic which will look at a folder containing many spreadsheets somewhere between and It will need to look in the individual spreadsheets look at column quot a quot and go to the last entry then go capture the number in that column but in row quot g quot Now export that number into another spreadsheet along with the name of the file If the row quot g multiple spreadsheets excel data Export from quot is then place a quot quot in the new cell Export data from multiple excel spreadsheets Example Open spreadsheet quot plane quot Go to column quot a quot scroll down to last entry say it s row move over to column quot g quot get number say it s now export the number and the spreadsheet name plane to a new spreadsheet called inventory Go to spreadsheet quot plane quot Number is Spreadsheet quot plane quot Number is Spreadsheet quot plane quot Number is At the end of this you would have a spreadsheet called quot inventory quot which contains plane plane plane plane lt ---- this changed because quot quot was in row quot g quot in the plane cell Is this do-able and where would I start or read on how to proceed Thanks for your help Mike nbsp

Relevancy 98.47%

Hi
I have Bank stt in Txt format & my Ledger in Txt format. I have been able to convert these into excel files in Excel 2010.
Now I want to use Ledger as Base document & findout if the cheques deposited/issued are actually credited or not.
So I wil compare the Ledger & Bank stt & export the tallying data to 3rd sheet.
Many Data values will have same value as Bills have same amount. So they can get filtered by Date colum,
I can post a sample data if that helps

A:Search data in Two Excel workbooks for export to 3rd

Hi, wlecome to the forum.
Yes, I do think a sample with non-confidential info and just a small number of rows of your source file as well as targte file will help to picture your question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/search-data-in-two-excel-workbooks-for-export-to-3rd.1005465/
Relevancy 97.61%

I have been given a last minute assignment to create a survey to send to a few end users and I want to compile the data of all the forms I receive into one excel workbook I tried a few macros but they aren t macros and so I am running into issues I just don t have to time to re-write and could use a little assistance I think the main difference is that I am using radio buttons instead of text fields ALSO I want to automate the entire thing Meaning I want to open the workbook and run the macro to pull unprocessed forms from one folder scan for data import data and then move them to another folder for archiving Also in my form I don t think I made the comments section into a text field I am sure I am going to have to correct that in order to capture the data Right now I am too Data Form Word Excel Workbook into Export tired to think on it At the end of each section I there is a comments field and I want to collect that data onto different sheets in the workbook I already labeled the sheets I have attached the drafts for reference I only shortened it for upload the original draft has about questions total I need to get this done by so that I have time to receive and compile data by Please help nbsp

Relevancy 96.32%

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I need to extract data from multiple excel files into a new excel file and sum the values. The data comes from excel files that are made from a template so the data is always in the same place or same cells. For example, i have data saved daily in excel files with the following naming convention 080204, 080304, 080404,..... and so on. What i would like to do is have a macro that will create a week ending sheet by importing and summing the data from that week.

Thanks for reading!

A:excel macro for copying and pasting data from multiple excel files

thanks for all those who read!!!! let me know if anyone needs the code!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-for-copying-and-pasting-data-from-multiple-excel-files.267990/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi there ... I want to write a macro that would take the user to the next new unique data in a column. I have a list of account numbers that may be listed 3 times back to back in the column or up to 50 times back to back. I have a particular cell pointed at the top of the column, (ie, "=A1") and I want a macro to take the user to the next new account number in that column, which could be any number of rows down.

Suggestions? The cell I want the reference to change is in sheet1 and the account numbers are in a different sheet, same workbook.

Thanks!

Relevancy 95.46%

Excel 2003 SP3
Could anybody suggest a way, using whatever method you prefer to copy existing data to another tab, but have the data go transparent by 50%(or thereabouts, so you can just see it), but keep the headings normal font.
Thanks

A:Solved: Excel 2003 help to copy data to new tab and make data transparent

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-help-to-copy-data-to-new-tab-and-make-data-transparent.807436/
Relevancy 95.03%

Is there any way to increase the limitation of the amount of data can be exported from Acces?. Also how can i increase the autonumber field limitation?. Presently its set to be approx. 9600 for autonumber data and 16000 for export of data.

A:Export Import Data Limit in MS Access

Export to . . . what?
Make sure you're using the correct version to export to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/export-import-data-limit-in-ms-access.129818/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello I have a table set up in Excel the first column is a column of six digit numbers used to identify a product in our company The next six columns contain information about that product I also have an SQL database that I use from Access I extract the data from the database either by copying it or by using the Access On-line collaboration process My problem is the same six digit number I use from the database is not recognized in Excel when I do a Vlookup on my existing table One quirky detail is that if I go to a cell containing the number from the database and edit it hit F make no changes and hit enter the Vlookup function then recognizes it and extracts the data from my table I have tried reformatting to from Data Solved: Access Excel the cells I have used the quot clean quot function the quot right quot function and even quot concatenate quot with another blank cell Nothing works exept edit - enter Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 94.6%

Hello - I want a macro in excel or workspace pro or Happy Harvester web macro Excel geting data that collects info from the web sub page one case after another case till done It should put selected info in excel each case on a different line However the excel quot repeat quot under Excel macro geting web data quot edit quot that I am using fails to accomplish moving to the next line instead it repeats the first line I have made the macro with mouse clicks and dont understand VBA Desired excel result quot ADDRESS CITY OWNER LENDER CASE DATE Maple Xenia Ohio Able Jones Bell Mortgage cv bell st Dayton Ohio Blule Bank America dv Web page listing cases URL http www co greene oh us pa pa urd PAMW Able jones cv brown cv blule cv Sub page with details on one case URL http www co greene oh us pa pa urd pamw o case sum Bell Mortgage vs Able JOnes cv address Maple Xenia Ohio filed status open Thanks thanks so much nbsp

A:Excel macro geting web data

What program did you actually create the macro in? Can you post your existing code?

Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-geting-web-data.971365/
Relevancy 94.6%

I would like to write an Excel macro that includes pausing for data entry from the keyboard. For instance I have a spreadsheet for a simple bookkeeping project. I would like a macro that, when invoked, would do this:
Type "Current income" in the cell the cursor is on.
Move two columns to the right.
Stop for me to (1) enter a dollar amount and (2) hit the "enter" key.
Move two columns to the right.
Stop for me to (1) enter a dollar amount and (2) hit the "enter" key.
End of macro.

My thanks for any help!!

Relevancy 94.17%

I m having trouble updating a table in Access I have a tier project Using Excel as the front end and Access as the backend This project is to track file boxes When the box is full It is closed and the current date is assigned as the closure data and the closure data plus years is assigned as the date to destroy the files I need to develop the VBA code to close out the box and to update the table in Access with the Closure data and the destroy data I can add a new row of data by Sub Append NewboxData exports data from the active worksheet to a table in an Access Database Dim cnt As ADODB Connection Dim rst As ADODB Recordset Dim stDB As String stSQL update Solved: data from Excel Access to Need in As String Dim stConn As String Dim wbBook As Workbook Dim wsSheet As Worksheet Dim lnField As Long lnCount As Long Dim Dat As String Dim A As Object Instantiate the ADO-objects Set cnt New ADODB Connection Set rst New ADODB Recordset Set wbBook ThisWorkbook Set wsSheet wbBook Worksheets Path to the database stDB quot J Case Closure DB Closed Case mdb quot Create the connectionstring stConn quot Provider Microsoft Jet OLEDB quot amp quot Data Source quot amp stDB amp quot quot With cnt Open stConn Open the connection CursorLocation adUseClient Necessary to disconnect the recordset End With With rst Open quot Solved: Need to update data in Access from Excel tblBox quot cnt adOpenKeyset adLockOptimistic Create the recordset AddNew Insert new blank row Fields quot OpenBox quot Now Fields quot Location quot NewBoxForm ComboBox Value Update Set ActiveConnection Nothing Disconnect the recordset End With With wsSheet Cells CopyFromRecordset rst Copy the st recordset End With Release objects from the memory rst Close Set rst Nothing cnt Close Set cnt Nothing End Sub but how can I update the data for a box that has already been entered I have tried Sub Update CloseBox updates data from the active worksheet to a table in an Access Database Dim cnt As ADODB Connection Dim con As ADODB Connection Dim rst As ADODB Recordset Dim stDB As String stSQL As String Dim stConn As String Dim wbBook As Workbook Dim wsSheet As Worksheet Dim D As Date Dim lnField As Long lnCount As Long Dim Dat As String Dim A As Object Instantiate the ADO-objects Set cnt New ADODB Connection Set rst New ADODB Recordset Set wbBook ThisWorkbook Set wsSheet wbBook Worksheets Path to the Solved: Need to update data in Access from Excel database stDB quot J Case Closure DB Closed Case mdb quot Create the connectionstring stConn quot Provider Microsoft Jet OLEDB quot amp quot Data Source quot amp stDB amp quot quot D Date The st Raw SQL-statement to be executed stSQL quot UPDATE tblBox WHERE tblBox BoxNumber quot amp CloseBoxForm TextBox Text amp quot SET tblbox ClosureDate quot amp Date amp quot tbl Box BurnDate quot amp D amp quot quot With cnt Open stConn Open the connection CursorLocation adUseClient Necessary to disconnect the recordset End With Set rst New ADODB Recordset With rst Open stSQL adOpenKeyset adLockOptimistic Create the Recordset Set ActiveConnection Nothing disconnect Recordset End With With wsSheet Cells CopyFromRecordset rst Copy the st recordset End With Release objects from the memory rst Close Set rst Nothing cnt Close Set cnt Nothing Print Label With CloseBoxForm If CheckBox Checked Then Worksheets quot Box Label quot Select ActiveWimdow SelectedSheets PrintOut Copies Collate True End If End With Print Contents List With CloseBoxForm If CheckBox Checked Then Worksheets quot File quot Select ActiveWimdow SelectedSheets PrintOut Copies Collate True End If End With End Sub but it gives me a run time error at the Open stSQL line Any assistance would be great Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 94.17%

I need to read data from a database into a spreadsheet based on variables on the sheet I ve found several examples of how to read data into Excel and none seem to work Here s one for example Code DatabaseName quot Northwind quot QueryString quot SELECT FROM product dbf WHERE product ON ORDER quot Chan SQLOpen quot DSN quot amp DatabaseName SQLExecQuery Chan QueryString Set output Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot A quot SQLRetrieve Chan Output True SQLClose Chan I get an error on the SQLOpen - Sub or function not defined My hope is that I can read specific data into an Excel spreadsheet from my Access database In case you re wondering why my client has hundreds of spreadsheets that they need converted Read into Solved: VBA Excel Access using Data to one with that one sheet reading it s data from Access I Solved: Read Access Data into Excel using VBA need to be able to use VBA to change the query and requery based on an event Button Pressed Let me know if you need me to toss a non-working sample together Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 94.17%

I have 2 reports. One store report with say 10 stores, and one report that lists out 4 items. I need to combine the reports so that it lists out the 4 items for each store. So when it is done it will list store1 4 times with a column that lists the items, store2

Example
Store1 - item1
Store1 - item2
Store1 - Item3
Store1 - item4
Store2 - item1
Store2 - item2
etc...

A:Solved: Excel/Access - combining data

Have you tried combining the data in a Query?
That s what queries are for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-access-combining-data.990237/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi I have a major problem crunching large amounts of numbers coming off an instrument I work with but the file format it puts the results into is terrible and I cannot change it So I must export the results in a format which needs some serious formating before it becomes of any use to me I have used excel macros to delete rows and rows with specific text values But now I would like to create a macro that will reorganise this data in a more user friendly format I did use the sort asending command to partially solve the formating problem but it would still require alot of work time to organise it into the final format I need This is the current format of the instrument date Analyte Meas Intensity Rh Y Cs Co Analyte Meas Intensity Rh Y Cs Co Analyte Meas Intensity Rh Y Cs Co Analyte Meas Intensity Rh Y Cs Co Analyte Meas Intensity Rh Y Cs Co Used the quot sort asending quot command to separate data into useful form but need an excel data? create reorganise macro to to get the data into either of the two tables shown below Analyte Meas Intensity Analyte create an excel macro to reorganise data? Meas Intensity Analyte Meas Intensity Analyte Meas Intensity Analyte Meas Intensity Co Co create an excel macro to reorganise data? Co Co Co Cs Cs Cs Cs Cs Rh Rh Rh Rh Rh Y Y Y Y Y I would like to turn the data into this final format using a macro Co Cs Rh Y Can somebody help me please as I have thousands of numbers to crunch ASAP Bye Frank nbsp

A:create an excel macro to reorganise data?

ZIP and post a sample workbook.
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/create-an-excel-macro-to-reorganise-data.327551/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey Posting here before I received several prompt replies Due to my success I will try once again but this time with a different issue question I have a spreadsheet with column and rows In each row there is a cell block with a series of numbers characters I need some type of formatting macro that will extract only certain characters from each row and place them somewhere else In example I have the following rows r i i o --- u i amp amp amp I need to extra the amp th character of each row whether it be a letter number or space it doesn t matter Now the and th character need to be placed in there own newcolumn to the right of where they were prior So the results would look like this r i i o --- i u i amp amp amp The post here will not let me space it correctly but to the right of the first Creation Formatting/Macro Excel, Data for entry would be quot i quot the second quot quot and the third quot quot So it seems pretty simple but I am not knowledgable enough with formulas macros or vb to be able to figure this out I also need to be able to adjust the formatting macro vb Excel, Formatting/Macro Creation for Data script every couple months as the quot character extraction quot place could change Thank you Excel, Formatting/Macro Creation for Data hopefully someone is familiar with what I am trying to Excel, Formatting/Macro Creation for Data do and can understand this basic issue question Thank you again cg nbsp

A:Excel, Formatting/Macro Creation for Data

Are you okay with just a formula? Try this if your data is in A1:

=Mid(A1,12,3)

12 is the starting position, and 3 is the number of characters to return.

Let us know if you do need it in a macro.

HTH,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-formatting-macro-creation-for-data.447870/
Relevancy 93.74%

I need assistance with creating a macro. I need to create a lot of different reports but I want the macro to create them for me. Is there way to create a macro by: having a list of data, sorting it all by column A, then copying whatever is the same name in column A (and whatever is associate with column A- to the right) and inserting it into a new worksheet and then doing it for all the different data that is in column A. Then once it is put into the worksheet, to save it with whatever the name is from Column A in the first worksheet.

I figured that there needs to be a loop statement in the end so it will get all the grouped data together into seperate worksheets.

Thanks for your help. I have attached a spreahsheet to get a better idea of what I was looking for.

Relevancy 93.74%

I have a need to move data from one worksheet that has an associated date to the correct spot in another worksheet with column that runs from 1/1 to 12/21.
Worksheet 2
1/1
1/2
1/3
1/4
12/31

Worksheet 1 has:
1/29 45
1/30 23
2/4 13
The macro would read the date in column A of worksheet 1 and put the data into the correct row of column B in worksheet 2. So that after running the macro worksheet 2 would look like this:

1/1
1/28
1/29 45
1/30 23
2/1
2/2
2/3
2/4 13
12/31

I hope my intention is clear and understandable.

Thanks in advance for any help,
tom

Relevancy 93.74%

I have a column that will have values changing but not in consecutive order. For example if I had range A1:A10, only A1, A4, and A9 might have values, but the rest of the cells would be blank. I need to be able to generate A1, A4, and A9 into the next column consecutively as B1, B2, and B3. The A column values could change (including the number of values) and I need the B column to react accordingly. So the next time I run the data, I might have A2, A3, A4, A6, and A10 with data in them - so I need column B to be able to react and put the values (in order) as B1, B2, B3, B4, and B5. Oh and I need all this done in a MsgBox. Can you help? Thanks so much.

Relevancy 93.74%

Hi,
I am trying to run a macro which will insert a row of formula to the last row of my data. Say for example.

A1: Formula
A2: 1
A3: 2
A4: 3

I wish to set the macro to always insert into the last row of column A, instead of at Cell A4. Something like,

A1: Formula
A2: 1
A3: 2
A4: 3
A5: Formula

something to do with lastrow formula? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

my current macro is written like this,
'
Rows("13:13").Select <- the formula row
Selection.Copy <- copying the formula
Rows("17:17").Select <- i wish this to go to the last row instead**
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
End Sub

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

A:Excel Macro : inserting copied data to the last row

Howdy, and welcome to the board.

Something like this:
Code:

Sub test()
Dim lngLastRow As Long
lngLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
MsgBox lngLastRow
End Sub

then you could use for the next formula row:

Cells(lngLastRow + 1,1)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-inserting-copied-data-to-the-last-row.481020/
Relevancy 92.45%

I'm manually entering payroll data and I feel certain this process could be automated.In one spreadsheet I have the list of employee names and IDs. In another sheet I have the payroll schedule. Each employee ID needs to be copied next to the 21 pay dates in the calendar year. That process repeats for every employee. I understand how to record a macro (what to click) but don't know how to identify mistakes when my recording doesn't do what I intended.How do I create a macro that copies information from one cell in spreadsheet one 21 times down a column in spreadhseet two before moving onto the next cell in spreadsheet one?

A:How to write an excel macro that copies data between sheets

re: I understand how to record a macro (what to click) but don't know how to identify mistakes when my recording doesn't do what I intended."As you probably realize, the macro recorder creates very specific code which will basically do nothing more than repeat the steps you took while creating it. To make matters worse, the code is often bloated and inefficient. It just about always need to be cleaned and modified.One place to start is by reviewing the steps detailed in this tutorial:http://www.computing.net/howtos/sho...These debugging techniques will not only help you "identify mistakes" but it can also help you learn how to write VBA code. By using the debugging techniques discussed, you can reverse engineer code that you find in forums such as these as means to understand how the code does what it does.re: "How do I create a macro that copies information from one cell in spreadsheet one 21 times down a column in spreadhseet two before moving onto the next cell in spreadsheet one?"Without the specifics related to your spreadsheet layout, the best we can offer is a generic solution. Perhaps the following code will help you get started, especially if you use the debugging techniques from the tutorial to help you follow along as the code does it's thing.Let's say you start with this in Sheet1:
A
1 Tom
2 Bob
3 SueThis code will place Tom in A1:A21 of Sheet2, then place Bob in A22:A42, etc.
Sub Copy21Times()
'Determine last Row with data in Sheet 1 Column A
lastRw = Sheets(1).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
'Intialize Sheet 2 row counter
rw2 = 1
'Loop through Sheet1!A1:A(lastRw)
For rw1 = 1 To lastRw
'Loop to copy Sheet1 data 21 times
For nxtRw = rw2 To rw2 + 20
Sheets(2).Range("A" & nxtRw) = Sheets(1).Range("A" & rw1)
Next
'Increment Sheet 2 row counter
rw2 = rw2 + 21
Next
End SubYou will note my extensive use of comments. That is a great habit to get into. I didn't include the comments just to help you understand the code, I included them so that the next time *I* look at the code, I'll know what I was trying to do.I have written hundreds of macros for myself and for other people. Without the extensive use of comments, I'd never be able to remember what all of the macros are doing. A very wise programmer once said:"Code Tells You How, Comments Tell You Why"==============================

Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-write-an-excel-macro-that-copies-data-between-sheets/19966.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I have a excel file like below.

Column1 |Column2|Column3|Column4|Column5|Column6|Column7
Row 1 EEEE 1 2 3
Row 2 4 5 6

I want to move data in row 2 (4,5,6) to Row 1 columns 5,6,7.

Could you help me with an excel macro to automate this as i am working with a large number of records like this in one excel sheet. i.e, i want to select the sheet and move data in every 2nd row to the columns in row above at the end of columns in that row.

your assistance is greatly appreciated.

thank you

Relevancy 92.45%

Hi,

I'm looking to set up a macro to do the following:

Open up a workbook called Works Order Register
Find my Works Order on the register by matching the WOnumber (I8) and Contractor name (C1735) from Works Order workbook.
Once found copy various data e.g cell I1735, I1737 etc across to columns D, E etc on the register against the corresponding row found in the previous step.

I've got parts working ok, but not the whole thing together.

Thanks for help.

Relevancy 92.45%

Good Morning guys This is my first post on Tech Support Forums I am not to sure how much help I can be to people here other than building gaming Rigs so I will keep one eye on that forum to see if I can add value here Now on to my question I have assembled an Excel spreadsheet with hundreds of lines of date Business Name word Excel individual Need to Macro Maybe?? data documents, Help: Address Contact Number Email Website We have a CRM system which does not allow me to enter new clients myself so i have to complete a Need Help: Excel data to individual word documents, Macro Maybe?? CRM Request form for each potential client on this list over The CRM request form is a Need Help: Excel data to individual word documents, Macro Maybe?? Word Document with sections for each part of the data on excell The problem is I am too lazy to copy and past all of the lines of data into individual CRM Request Forms Need Help: Excel data to individual word documents, Macro Maybe?? Word Documents So in short correct me if I am wrong I think I need to create some form of macro to do this for me copy data from excell open up the word document paste the data in the specific places then save it then repeat for the next line of data It would be greatly appreciated if you could point me in the right direction on this one people Kind Regards Anthony nbsp

A:Need Help: Excel data to individual word documents, Macro Maybe??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-excel-data-to-individual-word-documents-macro-maybe.1031904/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi guys i'm hoping you can help me i'm a complete noob when it comes to macro's

Relevancy 92.45%

If you check the file attached.

please can you help me in moving data with duplicate names to have the 2nd and 3rd email address moved to a new column and delete the row

need an excel macro to automate this as i am working with a large number of records like this in one excel sheet. i.e, i want to select the sheet and move data in every 2nd row to the columns in row above at the end of columns in that row.

A:Excel Macro to Move data in Rows to column

I'm unable to understand the entire requirement, but for moving the records with duplicate names, I've written few lines. This will cut the duplicate record rows (Consider "Pupil Forename" for removing)from the "Report Data" and will post into "Sheet3". Before running this macro please insert "Sheet3". Let me know your requirement, hope I will be able to resolve it out. Thanks!

Code:
Sub test()
Sheets("Report Data").Select
Dim trow As Long
trow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows(ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count).Row
For i = trow To 1 Step -1
If i = 1 Then
Exit Sub
End If
If Cells(i, 1).Value = Cells(i - 1, 1) Then
Rows(i).Select
Selection.Cut Destination:=Sheets("Sheet3").Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2)
End If
Next i
End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-to-move-data-in-rows-to-column.1042170/
Relevancy 92.45%

I have an entire column of data that I need in one cell. When combined I need each piece of data to be surrounded by " " and a , between each one.

results = "151","183","2001"

A:Solved: Excel Column of data place in one cell with "data", "data" results

ASAP's "Merge row data" ("Columns and rows" category) will do 99% of the work for you.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

(edit: "entire column" -- do you mean full from top to bottom? )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-column-of-data-place-in-one-cell-with-data-data-results.975601/
Relevancy 92.02%

HELP PLEASE !!!!

I have attached a sample excel document
Basically each morning I receive a .txt file and I export it to excel.
I have a macro which deletes blank rows and therefore tidies the file up somewhat as the size is humungous!
There will be approximately 1000 brach i.d.'s on a daily basis within my file, but I have provided a few in the sample excel doc.
Within my attachment I have highlighted a specific branch and the information that comes with it. I only need part of the information (therefore many rows can be deleted within each branch i.d.

Please review the attached sample and keep in mind the following:

1. I need to keep the branch i.d. at the top of each section
2. I really only require the information that relates to "outstanding" and the few subsequent rows beneath

Can someone please assist??? I would be very appreciative

A:Need Help with wriitng Macro/code to rid unwanted data and retain specific data

I think this macro will work for you, though with dates involved, you never know.

BTW, I suggest that next time, Excel related threads should be started in the Business Applications section. You get help there sooner. Maybe better help as well.

Jimmy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-wriitng-macro-code-to-rid-unwanted-data-and-retain-specific-data.710324/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hey everyone I was wondering if anybody on these forums could help me with the below task I run a backup program that generates email reports to a subfolder in my Outlook every - hours to tell me the status of every backup job that I have set up and have running The email details the job name the job start time and the job status running completed successfully failed missed cancelled etc At the moment I sift through each and every one of these emails I have over backup jobs per day and enter the relevant data manually Excel Outlook to data sheet into Run selected on pull macro into my excel spreadsheet The spreadsheet looks like the following Job name Monday st Oct Tuesday nd Oct Wednesday rd Oct Thursday th Oct Job xxx SUCCESS SUCCESS FAILED FAILED Job Run macro on Outlook to pull selected data into Excel sheet yyy SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS RUNNING Job zzz MISSED MISSED CANCELLED SUCCESS What I amp d like is to automate this process so that each day perhaps every hours a script would run that would search for certain values within each email I receive and update the excel sheet accordingly Example - Monday st Oct am amp email comes into inbox with subject body containing amp Job xxx has started amp gt gt gt gt update Excel sheet to record RUNNING under column amp Monday amp in row titled job xxx - Monday st Oct pm amp email comes into inbox with subject body containing amp job xxx completed successfully amp gt gt gt gt update Excel sheet to record SUCCESS still under column amp Monday amp row titled job xxx - As soon as it turns Tuesday whatever emails come into the inbox relating to the specific job the status is recorded in the relevant cell under the column amp Tuesday amp The job names do NOT change amp i e I will always have jobs with the same name running each and every day The emails I receive Run macro on Outlook to pull selected data into Excel sheet contain the following - Subject gt contains the job name job xxx job yyy job zzz - Body gt contains the job status text within the body contains values such as amp the job completed successfully amp or amp the job failed amp - Body gt contains job details amp i e if a job fails it gives an error code I amp d like to include these within the cell when the job fails amp e g amp Failed with error code amp Also do the emails need to be post-processed i e deleted or moved to a different folder once the script has run in order to differentiate between emails containing a new job status and older emails i e it won amp t run the email at am saying amp job started amp again if a more recent email with the same job name has come in with amp job completed successfully amp Now if this script was to run every day of the year it amp d run up a lot of columns within the sheet so is there a way to archive columns For example each month the populated columns for the month from Oct st to Oct st can be moved to another sheet with name amp backupsjobs october amp I amp d really appreciate any help I can get with this If you need any more info please let me know Thanks ever so much for your help Joe nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/run-macro-on-outlook-to-pull-selected-data-into-excel-sheet.1075419/
Relevancy 91.59%

i was hoping if anyone can provide me code for the macro i need . in my case i have to select the data manually from the source sheet. the selected data range needs to be copied from the active worksheet to the destination workbook. the data should go into specific columns in the worksheet of destination workbook. I have very limited knowledge in coding. If it can be done it would reduce the data entry time drastically.

A:Excel Macro to copy user selected data to new workbook

I assume it can be done, but not without a lot more detail.VBA code needs to know where the data is coming from and where it is going. If the user selects a range, that makes it easier, but the code would still need to know exactly where the data is going. Workbook name, Sheet name/number, the "specific columns" that you mentioned, etc.If you can supply that detail, we can see what we can do for you. If you are going to post any example data, please click on the following line and read the instructions on how to post data in this forum.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/excel-macro-to-copy-user-selected-data-to-new-workbook/20228.html
Relevancy 91.59%

In Excel 2007, I have a spreadsheet with 14 columns. Twelve of the columns contain categories of data that correspond to the entries in the other two columns. I need to change the list so that each item/amount in each category occupies its own row, as follows:

Eg.

From this:

col1-----col2-----category1-----category2-----category3-----etc... up to 12 categories
aaa------bbb---------------------$55
ccc------ddd------$44--------------------------$66
To this:

col1------col2------category------amount
aaa-------bbb------2-----------------$55
ccc-------ddd------1-----------------$44
ccc-------ddd------3-----------------$66
I know how to do this manually, but it needs to be done frequently on many different sheets. So, I need a way to do it automatically.

Many thanks for your help
jeannie

A:Excel macro - change column data to multiple rows

I have your data mapping from A:N to P:S, with no headers. In case that's wrong, make sure your work's saved before trying this.

Sub test()
LastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To LastRow

For Each Cell In Range("C" & i & ":N" & i)
If Cell <> "" Then
DestRow = WorksheetFunction.CountA(Columns(16)) + 1
Cells(DestRow, 16).Resize(, 2).Value = Cells(i, 1).Resize(, 2).Value
Cells(DestRow, 18) = Cell.Column - 2
Cells(DestRow, 19) = Cell.Value
End If
Next Cell

Next i
End Sub

HTH (welcome to the board)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-change-column-data-to-multiple-rows.992235/
Relevancy 91.59%

I need an Excel macro to print a set number of rows from a spreadsheet based on user input. I have attached a sample input file. Each ten rows represents one label. For each 10 rows of data, I want the macro to prompt the user and ask: "How many labels for 5/4X6X12' GROOVED (the description field for each set of data) do you need? So, even though this item shows a quantity of 16, the user may only need to print 2 sets of this data. If the user answers "2", then I need to print 2 pages each having the 10 rows of data that goes with that description:

Type: Delivery
PO #: 38505 SO #: 121046
Ship to: WORK SITE - LOT 3
Address: LOT 3 DALE SUBD
Item: ZZAT0000030621
Desc: 5/4X6X12' GROOVED
QTY: 16 EA
Created by: Rsmith
Ship Date: 11-SEP-14

Any help on this macro would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-to-print-multiple-pages-of-order-data.1133764/
Relevancy 91.59%

It s been a while since I have done this and I can kind of picture in Oh - Excel data extracting worksheet pelase Macro into Gurus with help new my head what I need I have surveys source that I need to extract certain data points and copy paste them into another spreadsheet I can get to the point of opening each survey with an input box and copying the cells in the source but it is the paste that is failing me the way I have it set up right now the next survey I open will overwrite the previous survey - I need to make this dynamic so that the next survey I open it will go to the summary file locate the next empty Row and start importing data Moving cell to cell - to the right until complete Please help See Code Dim xl As Excel Application Dim wb As Excel Workbook Dim wb As Excel Workbook Dim ws As Excel Worksheet Dim ws As Excel Worksheet Dim sSurveyPath As Oh Excel Macro Gurus - pelase help with extracting data into new worksheet String Dim sMainPath As String Dim iSheet As Integer input box Dim sMyInput As String sMyInput InputBox quot Enter the Store Number quot quot Survey Store Number quot quot Enter Store Number HERE quot If sMyInput quot Enter Store Number HERE quot Or sMyInput quot quot Then Exit Sub Oh Excel Macro Gurus - pelase help with extracting data into new worksheet End If Summary Set wb ThisWorkbook Loop through Each Sheet in this workbook For iSheet To Select Case iSheet Case sSheet quot Vendor Info quot Case sSheet quot Newspaper Info quot Case sSheet quot Rack Info quot End Select source sSurveyPath quot Oh Excel Macro Gurus - pelase help with extracting data into new worksheet E Myfiles Client Surveys Survey quot amp sMyInput amp quot xls quot sMainPath quot E Myfiles Client Client Surveys xls quot Set xl Excel Application Set wb xl Workbooks Open sSurveyPath xl Visible True xl DisplayAlerts False Set ws wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Finds next empty row ws Range quot A quot End xlDown Select vendor wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot C quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot A quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot C quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot B quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot C quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot C quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot H quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot D quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot H quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot E quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot H quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot F quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot C quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot G quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot C quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot H quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot H quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot I quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot H quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot J quot vendor wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot C quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot A quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot C quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot B quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot C quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot C quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot H quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot D quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot H quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot E quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot H quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot F quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot C quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot G quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot C quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot H quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot H quot Copy Destination wb Worksheets sSheet Range quot I quot wb Worksheets quot Sheet quot Range quot H quot Copy Destinatio... Read more

A:Oh Excel Macro Gurus - pelase help with extracting data into new worksheet

Are you talking about Copy Destination:=wb.Worksheets(sSheet).Range("A3")
and then B3, C3, etc. ??? Is this what you need to be made dynamic using the next available row?

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oh-excel-macro-gurus-pelase-help-with-extracting-data-into-new-worksheet.874755/
Relevancy 90.73%

Although decently experience with excel, I am quite new with VBA and I cannot "record" this macro, so any help writing this in VBA is much appreciated.

1) I need to create a macro that will take a number that is entered into a cell, and upon hitting a button in the excel sheet create an email where the subject line is the number that was in that original cell.

1b)I would like to do this without changing the name of the excel file though, or at least have another macro that resets the file to its original name.

2) Also, if possible, the same macro/vba as above, only with two cells, a number in one and a name in the other, which then shows up as "Number-Name" as the subject line in the email.

Thanks to anyone that can help - Mike

Relevancy 89.87%

I have a column of project numbers in spreadsheet called Projects with associated bank account number, BSB number & bank account names in the next columns.

I have another spreadsheet called ListPay with the same column headings as other spreadsheet and many, but not all of the same project numbers in column A and mostly the same data in the other columns.

I do not know which of the 2 spreadsheets has the correct bank account data for the project, so I need a way of doing the following:

Compare the data for each project number in the 3 bank account columns in the 2 spreadsheets and find me any project numbers for which the bank account data is different in the 2 spreadsheets. Then I can calmly check the paper files for a small no. of projects rather than the entire list of projects!

A:Excel: filter data to show where 2 lists differ

Though a MATCH or INDEX formula may have worked better, I emailed you a VLOOKUP formula in a sample spreadsheet that should do what you want. Check it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-filter-data-to-show-where-2-lists-differ.36021/
Relevancy 88.58%

I need a visual basic macro for excel that will do the following From sheet ColumnA Select rows until sheet columnA value does not start with REC as the no of rows is unbalanced sometimes rows sometimes rows sometimes rows etc copy selected rows and transpose to sheet columnA to however many rows were selected Repeat until end for 2002 to in new Visual columns Excel data unbalanced Basic rows sheet using Macro last row My real table has rows and the rows are unbalanced I am attaching a test file Please help me and thank you for your support and time Tech Support Guy System Info Utility Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD G M -L V MS- Antivirus None nbsp

A:Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data

Can you also attach a second workbook showing how the data should appear after the macro is run?

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/visual-basic-macro-for-excel-2002-columns-to-rows-in-new-sheet-using-unbalanced-data.1080037/
Relevancy 88.15%

Dear Team,

1) I have One excel file there is 1000 Venders with full details.
2) Then I have compile this into Pivot table.

3) then i click on total so new sheet create for 1 vender.

now i want to make 1000 excel files for different venders.

is there any shortcut to make it easy or automatically.

Plz. Help.
Attachment for your reference.

Regards:
Veer Jaat

Relevancy 86.86%

Can any one plz show me, in basic ...how to insert data and in access by VB 6.0 , umm i wanted it in codding plz if u all can help me...

Plz provide fileds "name" for me speed up !

Thanks

A:Can any one show one sime basic inserting data to access (VB 6.0)

Set MyWorkspace = Workspaces(0)
Set Dbase = MyWorkspace.OpenDatabase("databasename.mdb", False, False)

SQLstmt = "INSERT INTO tablename (fielddname1,fieldname2) VALUES ('value value1','value2');"
Dbase.Execute SQLstmt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-any-one-show-one-sime-basic-inserting-data-to-access-vb-6-0.336404/
Relevancy 86%

Hi there I don t have enough experience in VBA excel or word and would you mind helping for the following Q The below macro code add row below the last row And Would Data to sheet as Form Excel data doc as Import Entry database from word you mind telling me what is the Import data from word doc as Data Entry Form to Excel sheet as database code that can add row for word document table between the last row and the row before the last ActiveDocument Tables Rows Add Q My second question is related to export import between two different programs or files Excel and word document Would you mind providing me the proper code for Wordtable copy Workbook xls - sheet past speical value Suppose the word tables excel workbookD sheet are as follow Table in word document -------------------- Cell - Cell Cell - Cell -------------------- Table in Word document ------------------------------------ Cell - Cell - Cell Cell - Cell - Cell ------------------------------------ WorkbookD xls Sheet Rows Column A B C D wt Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell How I write a macro to make the value or text in Cell in word table to be copied and past in Cell A in sheet of WorkbookD xls and the value or text of the range from Cell to Cell of table or word doc to be copied and past in sheet of WorkbookD xls from range B for n rows in table and table of word doc Thanks Hamdy quot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-data-from-word-doc-as-data-entry-form-to-excel-sheet-as-database.886270/
Relevancy 85.57%

I have a spreadsheet that contains formulas. I want a macro that will copy the data only in that cell with the formula and paste only the data in another cell.

I have been scratching my head for a little bit on this one.

Thanks

A:Excel - copying data and pasting data in a formula cell

If I understand correctly, you can actually avoid using copy altogether.

Let's say you have the value 50 in A1 and the formula =A1*2 in A2. The following macro would copy A2 to D2:

Sub Macro1()
Selection.Copy
Range("D2").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

but because the formula uses relative references, the resultant formula (in D2) would be =D1*2.

So what you could do instead -- using a single command only -- is:

Range("D2").Value = Range("A2").Value

HTH,
bomb

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-copying-data-and-pasting-data-in-a-formula-cell.512540/
Relevancy 85.57%

I have an external data range importing data (Access DB via file DSN) into an Excel spreadsheet.
My problem is date/currency fields in Access do not format properly after refreshing. Most of the time the fields default to a general.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 85.14%

Hya,

I'm trying to transfer some existing data from excel into Access.
In excel each client has one dedicated row which reads:

Name, DOB, Referral, Appt1, Appt2, Appt3 etc

I've imported this into Access as 2 seperate tables & linked them.
I then designed a main form with Name, DOB, Referral details on it. but want to have a subform which lists all the appts for this person vertically as opposed to horizontally as Access is displaying it. ie

Appt
Appt
Appt
Appt
etc

rather than Appt, Appt, Appt, Appt
The problem is I need to transfer Appt1, Appt2, Appt3 etc to just one Access field called Appts for each person. I realise that the individuals details or ID would be repeated but that's ok.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Hopefully if I done this right I've attached a pic of the spreadsheet

Thanks

Gogs

A:Data from excel into access

and the Access table as it is at the moment

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-from-excel-into-access.198429/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello.

I had to do a system whipe on my Win98 system and I had recently installed the latest version of ICQ prior to the wipe. After the whipe I tried reinstalling and putting the ICQ data files in the directory. It didn't work. I also tried installing and reinstalling, It is not working.

Can anyboy help? Thanks
JD

Relevancy 84.71%

I built a form called PO Log that contains input text boxes that the user can enter the different iputs that will add an existing row to the worksheet called PO log I have the add function working perfectly But I want to add a function to the form that if the record data already add Excel form or that updates data new current VBA: data exist using the PO number as an identifier to udate the existing record data rather than adding a completely new row of record data Here is the code I have below for the adding function Code Private Sub cmdAdd Click Dim iRow As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws Worksheets quot PO log quot 'find first empty row in VBA: Excel form that updates current data or add new data database iRow ws Cells Rows Count End xlUp Offset Row VBA: Excel form that updates current data or add new data 'check for a part number If Trim Me txtVendor Value quot quot Then Me txtVendor SetFocus MsgBox quot Please enter a Order Info quot Exit Sub End If 'copy the data to the database ws Cells iRow Value Me txtVendor Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtPONumber VBA: Excel form that updates current data or add new data Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtPurReqDate Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtRFQSent Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtSentToVen Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtDateOfPo Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtOrderConf Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtAmt Value 'clear the data Me txtVendor Value quot quot Me txtPONumber Value quot quot Me txtPurReqDate Value quot quot Me txtRFQSent Value quot quot Me txtSentToVen Value quot quot Me txtDateOfPo Value quot quot Me txtOrderConf Value quot quot Me txtAmt Value quot quot Me txtVendor SetFocus End Sub Private Sub cmdClose Click Unload Me End Sub nbsp

A:VBA: Excel form that updates current data or add new data

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vba-excel-form-that-updates-current-data-or-add-new-data.911783/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi, Happy New Year
I'm having a mind freeze.
I'm trying to have an input box come up asking "what Month?" and then going to that month. I range named each month. I can't seem to get started.
Mike

Relevancy 84.28%

I guess I wasn't as clear in my first post. I'm too new at this. I'll relate this to the multiple vlookups I have excel do for me. I want to avoid that. I have data in an excel worksheet. Basically a column with an employee ID# and another column with the a production value for each employee that worked in a given week. Not all employees are listed in this worksheet that are in my database. How do I paste that data into my database so that it puts the appropriate production value with the correct employee? (like a vlookup does in excel, but easier?)

Mike

A:indexing? data from excel to access db

Mike, can you post a zipped copy of the Access DB and current workbook.
Want you want to do should be simple.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/indexing-data-from-excel-to-access-db.628662/
Relevancy 84.28%

I added a customer footer to track changes/edits on my excel 7 report now the data only shows in print preview. I have tried to change view to normal but the data still doesn't show in the worksheet.

Please help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/please-help-can-access-data-in-excel-7-and-have-a-deadline-490315.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have an Excel file that I want to report in Access. The first row of
the file contains all the questions. Several items have multiple
options and other items have multiple choices possible. In addition,
I need the data reported and summarized across job level and regional
location. There are eight surveys with anywhere from 25-400
responses. I would expect that the results be put into MS Access and
have the following reports ready to print for each of the eight
surveys:
1) All results,
2) Results by job level,
3) Results by location,
4) Results combining job level and location.

A:convert excel data to access

hi Alex....

you can just import Excel data into Access as follows:

(from Access)
File / Get External Data / Import (then select your Excel file)

the wizard guides you the rest of the way.

coupla things:

1) i think (?) you need to close the Excel file before you can import anything from it.

2) the data in the Excel file must meet Access' strict data-field and data-records format (NO Pivot Tables).
the data really needs to "look" like it's database ready (ALL fields should be set-up in columns.... with only data within those fields).
Otherwise Access will import your data with errors (although it will be kind enough to tell you that it's done so )

report back if you are having trouble with this.
k

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/convert-excel-data-to-access.152051/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi Everyone Actually it is Access and Excel I have an Access db named City County 03 Link Data Excel-Access Vendor Spend Rpt and an Excel-Access 03 Data Link Excel workbook named INDY STAT - Local Spend xls The workbook has the spend info from Access linked into it On an Access form I have a button that opens the workbook via a module which I have attached as quot City County Vendor Spend Rpt txt quot When I click on the Access button to open the workbook I get quot You attempted to open a database that is already open exclusively by user quot then it asks me if I want to connect to the database quot yes quot takes me to Data link properties where I change it to quot share deny none quot and click quot ok quot Well I don t want to do all that I want Access to open the workbook and refresh the data automatically upon opening without any messages I can get the workbook to open without the messages if I make the button hyperlink vs using a module however it will not refresh the data automatically upon opening Can anyone provide me a solution to my problem Thank you nbsp

A:Excel-Access 03 Data Link

If you refer to the work in a variable with sets sat set wb = workbook.poen(...) or similar then it's already open so maybe you duplicate the wb open command someplcae?
You could also considr setting the display alerts to fals, I don't know the exact syntax but a quick search in google will get you the answer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-access-03-data-link.944263/
Relevancy 83.42%

i would like to be able to export an excel worksheet to a access database using vba code, with it adding the data from the worksheet to the database, any idea's on the code to be used would be appreciated

A:Solved: export excel to access

scouse, being Access orientated I prefer to Import the data from Excel and then Append/Update the table using Access queries.
I can supply the code to Import the data in to a Temporary table, but the queries have to be created based on your actual data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-export-excel-to-access.888662/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello,

Is it possible to run a simple macro from a user changing the data validated drop down selection?

LDP Analyst

Relevancy 83.42%

I wish to use a macro to sort and delete duplicates.
column A contains names column G,H,I,J can contain values relative to the name on the row or could be a blank cell.
When I update my data base there may be a duplicate name with different values in G,H,I,J.
What I would like to achieve is to merge the new data to the old data but if the new data has a blank then keep the original value
Please see attached file.
Many thanks
Steve.
Excel 2007 Office
Windows 7

Relevancy 83.42%

I completely new to VBA and am only on chapter 11 of the VBA for dummies book. I need this data organized, but even starting to write it makes me pop a blood vessel in my head. I need to move some data to their corresponding dates and hours.

In the attached, i need to move the data sheet "Hourly Data", to corresponding dates and hours in sheet "Dates and hours". The first data set in "hourly data" shows 1/14/2009, HE06, HE13, 67.5, 67.5. This whole row needs to be moved to date 1/14/2009, to hours 6 through 13, on sheet "Dates and Hours". The other thing is that some of this data will overlap, so i need to move the overlapping data to the right of the preceding data.

I know this is alot, but ..merry christmas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-can-i-write-a-macro-to-organize-this-data.887270/
Relevancy 83.42%

I am trying to write a VB command that will run a macro when any data is changed within in a particular range of cells upon exiting any of those the cell.

For example in my workbook if someone changes data in any cell in column I in rows 7 through 497 I want my Run2 macro to run.
Here's what I have.

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Address = I7:I497 Then

Call Run2

End If

End Sub

I think its as simple as defining the range correctly but I can't find the proper command.

A:Solved: Run Macro When Any Data Within a Range of Cells Changes

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("I7:I497")) Is Nothing Then
run2
End If
End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-run-macro-when-any-data-within-a-range-of-cells-changes.969854/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello

I am wanting to have a record data as default, and restore data to default buttons. So that I can set what the default inputs are for my model and also then when changes are made after saving the default to run a macro that restores the input values to the default.

Anyone know of a possible answer?

Edit: other than just dumping all the data in another tab and then copying it back.

Thanks

Relevancy 83.42%

Hello,
So I am working with a large data set - greater than 1000 lines of data. And I need to align the data by the Retention index parameter.

I am simplifying the data here but in this case there are two groups M1 and M2 and they are too be sorted by Retention index.

But for an actual file there might exist up to M10 to M20. Any ideas would be so helpful and appreciated

See the attached excel file for the data. Input is what I will bring in, output is what the macro will perform.

Thanks
Amr

Relevancy 83.42%

Hi I m having an issue with wanting to take data from an Access query and plugging in the data into an excel file that I Query template Access data to excel want to use as a template Attached are the database file I Access Query data to excel template m Access Query data to excel template working on please forgive the crudeness of its functionality and the template file that i want to plug data into from the query I m experimenting with VBA code and using CopyFromRecordset seen in quot Module quot but the furthest that i ve been able to figure out is importing data from the Access tables not the query and plugging that data into the spreadsheet What i want is for users to input data into the form click on a button and the data in the queries will populate into the spreadsheet template Attached are my database the excel template and an example of how it should look The process is such User opens up quot Discrepancy Form Master x quot to input data For simplicity the first record will be used as an example and the date field on this record reads From here i would like the user to click on a button to run quot Module quot Module should pull the data from the queries in the database and plug the data from the queries into the spreadsheet in the defined cells From there the spreadsheet should look like the expected results If someone can help me with the VBA coding on this request that would be great I ve only discovered the usefulness of VBA and have looked into it for only a couple days but haven t found a definite answer to my issue Sorry if it was confusing to read through Thanks for any help you can provide nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

I would like to automatically link to Access (2003, 2000 format) data from Excel 2003. microsoft.com says that I need the
"Microsoft Query" feature installed in Excel to accomplish this.
I need to know if this "Microsoft Query" feature can be used in Excel 2003. Operating system Windows XP.

Thanks.

A:Link to Access data from Excel 2003?

you should be able to link directly to to the spreadsheet
if you goto tables
New
then you have an option to link to a spreadsheet directly there
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...ata-between-access-and-excel-HP001095095.aspx
or
http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/excel-import-access.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/link-to-access-data-from-excel-2003.976068/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello everyone.

When I import data from an Access DB into excel format, the numbers field doesnt work so I cant for instance do a sum for total number of hours spent on a job.

I can use the tick on seperate cells which enters the data to number, but this would take far too long. I have also tried to right click on the collum header and format cells to numbers but this also doesnt work.

So my question is this. Is there an easy way to reformat the cell data to number, or for excel to do this automatically on import?

Thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/excel-2000-importing-data-from-access-db.27124/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello

I am using Access to hold data. The table in Access runs across from right to left. I want to copy the data that runs from right to left and paste it into Excel from top to bottom ( up and down). Is there a way to do that without doing one field at a time. When I copy out of Access now and try to paste into EXCEL it of course paste's it across not up and down like I need it to

Thanks

A:Data from Access table to Excel Form

Once it's in XL, you could try re-copy ; then (in a free area), Edit -- Paste Special -- Transpose -- OK.

HTH,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-from-access-table-to-excel-form.167346/
Relevancy 83.42%

I imported results from an aggregate query run in Access 2010 into Excel 2010 using MS Query. Then I changed the parameters of my Access query and tried to refresh the results in Excel both by clicking refresh on the toolbar and by right clicking on one of the fields in Excel and selecting refresh. Is there something I am doing wrong?

I have a second related problem which is that when I tried to import data into Excel using the "Export from Access" function, only a handful of the tables and queries in my Access database appeared in the list of available tables and queries to export from. I don't see any pattern to the objects that appeared in the list.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hurryjet

A:Refreshing Data Exported from Access into Excel

hurryjet, welcome to the Forum.
When you imported the query did you just import the data or Import "Link" to the query, as there is a difference.
I do not have Access/Excel 2010, so I am not sure what he import/export sequences are.
However you could try this
Click on the query in Access (do not open it), on the main menu click Copy and then switch the the Excel Worksheet, click on the Cell you want the data to appear in and click Paste Special>Link to data and see if that still works as that is one way it could be done in Access 2000.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/refreshing-data-exported-from-access-into-excel.1091019/
Relevancy 82.99%

I need to export the contents of one and the same cell to 100 different text files.

For example... I need the contents of Sheet1 Cell A1 to be exported to new text files. The names for each text file is on Sheet2 Cell A1 - A100.

Does anyone have a code example for this? I have search and found some similar but i couldnt figure out the code to modify it.

Thank you in advanced.

asm

A:Export Excel Cell with Macro

Hi asm,
and will the exported file be a new one or can it be an existing text file?
If the file is already presnt then what? Delete the file or append the new data to it?
Which version of EXCEL are you using?
Macro's a problem ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/export-excel-cell-with-macro.1086789/