Windows Support Forum

Can't setup email in Outlook 2007

Q: Can't setup email in Outlook 2007

I m having a problem email in Can't Outlook 2007 setup setting up an email account for a friend and would like some advice I have tried to set up a new POP mail account on a friend amp s computer and can t get it to work Can't setup email in Outlook 2007 He has just had a Can't setup email in Outlook 2007 new machine Win and is running a new setup of Office Currently he only uses hotmail as his mail program but wants to setup a conventional address in Outlook which until now has not been used Having put in Can't setup email in Outlook 2007 all of the new email account info and running a test on the account settings we are getting messages that can t connect to the server If I put the exact same settings into my Outlook the test settings work fine and a test message is sent There is absolutely no difference in settings and he is connected to the internet The only thing I have noticed is that in the Test Account settings box the first line on my machine is Establish Network Connection - Completed followed by Find Outgoing Mail Server - Completed On his machine when we run the test setting there is no mention of Establish Network Connection his first line being Log onto Mail Outgoing Server - Completed Any suggestions would be really welcome nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't setup email in Outlook 2007

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 24.51%

I am working on a Toshiba Satellite with Insyde H2O bios. It says to use F2 for setup and F12 for boot manager.

I've tried all the function keys, as well as esc and del and they only get me to Windows Boot Manager. (This includes F2.)

The machine has Vista that stops loading when it gets to the network drivers. Could a corrupt BIOS be the cause? If I download a new BIOS can I install it from the command prompt?

If the BIOS is still OK are there other ways to get into setup?

(Meanwhile F2 works just fine on my Dell Lattitude)

A:Can't get into BIOS setup utility

Try using a USB keyboard...

"Could a corrupt BIOS be the cause?"

I don't think you would get that far in the boot process if the bios were corrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-into-bios-setup-utility.178271/
Relevancy 24.51%

Motherboard GA-X79-UD3 socket 2011
CPU Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E Quad-Core 3.6GHz
PSU 850 watt
ram 16 GB
Hard drive 256 GB ssd
at this time I have GPU is GTX 550tix2

A:Best card for my setup

Budget? What do you want this card for, I,e, gaming, video rendering, etc.? As for "best" there are probably several options open to you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-card-for-my-setup.216146/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 24.08%

Okay so I am having an issue working out if my case will be able to hold my motherboard and graphics card Case Details Available Color Black Materials Steel body plastic Dimension x x mm x x inch (I Computer Building my First setup) changed W x H x D Net Weight kg lbs M B Type Micro-ATX ATX quot Drive Bays exposed quot Drive Bays exposed hidden quot Drive Bays hidden I O Panel USB x int USB x Mic x Audio x supports AC HD Audio Expansion Slots Cooling System Front mm fan x optional or mm fan x Building First Computer (I changed my setup) optional Rear mm black fan x pre-installed Side left mm or mm fan x optional Side right mm fan x optional Building First Computer (I changed my setup) Power Supply Type Standard ATX PS EPS V optional Maximum Compatibility VGA card length mm inch with HDD cage CPU cooler height mm inch Now Ill list my other parts I have They should Building First Computer (I changed my setup) also be links if they are not links just search the name WD quot Green TB WD EZRX SATA M RPM HDD Patriot Signature GB Kit Gx DDR - - PSD G KH Samsung SATA x Black DVD RW Gigabyte N - GI N SL- GL DDR GT PCI-E VGA Card Intel BX G Pentium G GHz MB LGA ASRock H M Anniversary Motherboard nbsp

A:Building First Computer (I changed my setup)

From the case details you have supplied (Motherboard type: Micro ATX or ATX and maximum video card length of 320mm) you are well within the parameters of having everything fit.
ASRock H97M motherboard is a Micro ATX board.
Gigabyte N730-2GI video card is 185mm in length.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-computer-i-changed-my-setup.210947/
Relevancy 24.51%

Before I say anything else, I am very new to building a computer. Ive never built one in my life. I am curious if the setup I have to far will work! I am trying to look for pretty cheap but good options for parts. So far I have a case, processor, and GPU in mind. I need ideas for the motherboard especially. I dont know how to tell if everything would work correctly, so if something would be incompatible, could you tell me?

So far I have

GPU: Nvidia GTX 760
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k
Case: NZXT Phantom 240 Mid Tower
Ram:
Motherboard:
Hard-Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
Power Supply:
DVD Drive:
Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor:

Would there be anything else I need? Also what is thermal compound and Heatsink? Are these required for my setup? Please tell me if there is anything wrong with this so far and what items I should use for the unfilled spaces! Thank you all so much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-setup-work.207722/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am trying to set up my Windows Xp computer as a VPN server I have taken the initial steps I get to the Accept Xp setup VPN hanging server Windows incoming connections screen and click okay The computer hangs for about a minute or so and then comes up with the following message Incoming connections depend on Routing and Remote access Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging service which was unable to start For more information check the system event log I presumed I had to go to control panel performance and maintenance Administrative Tools Event viewer I have already made sure that Routing and Remote access are enabled as well as Telephony I could not find Netbios in the services list and don t know where to Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging look for it Also when I try to start Routing and Remote access service manually I get the following message Windows could not start Routing and Remote access on local computer For more information review the System Event Log If this is a non-Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to the service specific error code- Can some one give me a step by step walk through of how to resolve this issue so I can connect to that computer from work over the internet nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-vpn-server-setup-hanging.207658/
Relevancy 24.51%

This is my current setup and am wondering if there's anything that can be improved.
primary hard drive 210GB Samsung SSD
secondary hard drive 931 GB Western Digital
8 GB DDR 3 dual channel memory
2TB Western Digital Passport external hard drive
Intel i5 2500K processor (not overclocked)
After running Winaero WEI tool I was supprised to see my primary hard drive is the bottle neck as it's SSD. Is there a way I can tell that SSD is primary, and not the old hard drive?

I run Windows 8.1 as main computer, then with VMware I run Windows 7 from secondary hard drive (all of its files are on secondary hard drive).

I noticed with the VM running some programs take a while to load the first time. For example Maple and Photoshop take 10 seconds, but if they are closed and open again then they take 2 seconds to open. Also with the VM and Firefox running 75% of memory is used. Does this mean I need more RAM?

A:Best setup with hardware

All that means is drive as far as windows is concerned is slower than the graphics card, memory ,and processor is. that means nothing. u'r computer is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-setup-with-hardware.206940/
Relevancy 24.51%

A few months ago I thought I got a great deal on a Dell Precision T with dual quad GHz processor and MB of RAM The Raid Of Setup Getting Out Need Help upgradable to over MB It also came with GB hard drives but before I figured out that the second drive was just a data recorder set up in a RAID formation in order to safely keep sensitive data safer by duplicating it on a second drive Well the second hard drive went out and I had to re- install Windows on the first drive and I thought everything would be allright but then Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup the first drive went out also I have choices in the bios to change this setup RAID Auto Detect AHCI RAID Autodetect ATA or RAID On Obviously I want the RAID off but it looks like I have to reformat my hard drives to make that happen and I don t know how Can someone please help me fix my computer back to normal With this system I ought to have some serious power put together right I already have an gb new solid state drive but I don t want to mess things up before I put my operating system on the solid state for quick start ups and then add a couple of large hard drives for my large data Also upgrading the video card Can someone help me straighten this mess out because I am afraid I may need a certain format to keep this from happening again and I am in uncharted waters nbsp

A:Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup

If u are only going to have one drive for the OS u need the raid turned off. just make sure to install programs on the other D: drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-getting-out-of-the-raid-setup.206492/
Relevancy 24.08%

I bought a 250 GB Samsung Evo SSD 840 for my desktop (850 isn't available in Canada yet). I'm running Windows 7 but am considering upgrading to Windows 8 or Ubuntu (or dualboot/vmware). My work is technical and to keep up with the times I am considering Windows 8, though I don't have a touchscreen. I am not sure the kind of configuration to use and am open to ideas. The current hard drive I have is a slow 1TB one. I was planning on setting up the SSD as a cache.

EDIT: my motherboard is Asus p8z68-v le

A:Setup with 1TB harddrive and fast 250GB SSD

I would not recommend setting up a cache at all with that large capacity SSD. Usually people cache with 64GB SSDs, but in your case, you might as well just migrate data to the SSD and use the HDD for bulk storage (large files).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-with-1tb-harddrive-and-fast-250gb-ssd.204009/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey guys,

I'm needing some information that is extremely hard to come by.

The 740m in the HP Envy 17t-j000, does anyone know, or does anyone know WHERE to look (Google failed me, or I failed Google!) to find out whether it needs ACTIVE displayport -> HDMI adapters?

I question this because I know the 57xx series from ATI required active. The card only supported 1 RAMDAC signal (or something?) and the Nvidia's tech seems different. According to HP support, passive will work fine. I need to have the adapters ordered ASAP, but I do not want to order the incorrect ones.

Any assistance is appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-17t-j000-w-740m-triple-monitor-setup-questions.197029/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a 430gt with 3 monitor hooked to it , but I can only display on 2 .So is there a program that is good to use . to make all 3 display at the same time . So I can play games on 1 and have the on another and maybe run something else on the other?

A:3 monitor setup

Well I do believe the GT 430 only supports up to 2 monitors running at the same time if im not mistaken, im looking on NVidia.com and it seems to be so. However if you are running on an Intel Processor, you can set it to support a third monitor by plugging into the Intel HD on board graphics to get a third monitor going.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-monitor-setup.196949/
Relevancy 24.51%

Today I boot my 1 year old computer this message appears:

"Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting

Press F1 to run SETUP"

I did the F1 thing, reloaded my OC profile and everything seems fine right now. Anyone knows why this happened? And above all: what are the chances of this happening again on my next cold boot? How to fix?

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 33 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8P67 (LGA1155) 28 °C
Graphics
E2250 ([email protected])
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (Gigabyte) 30 °C
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Elitegroup) 28 °C
ForceWare version: 326.80
SLI Disabled
Hard Drives
932GB Seagate ST310005 24AS SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 25 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW UH12LS29 SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

A:Press F1 to run SETUP

It could be possible your cmos battery is bad. Beings its a year old. I would think this would not be the case. But you never know how long the manufacter had the battery. Before installing the battery on your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/press-f1-to-run-setup.196470/
Relevancy 24.08%

Greetings you lovely bunch I am in the process of building myself a new funmachine Unfortunately I have stalled at the sound setup Through extensive research I have established that the following criteria are the most recommendable in order to achieve the best overall sound experience Avoid headsets headphones with microphones Avoid wireless Avoid USB Only stereo headphones I e one speaker per spectacular setup Seeking sound ear Open cup for sound quality I sit in a quiet environment The machine will be used mainly for entertainment purposes being gaming video watching and music listening in order of importance I do not consider myself an audiophile per se I do however value a great atmospheric feeling Seeking spectacular sound setup accurate D positioning and comfort I already plan on getting the Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H motherboard Will its onboard sound Realtek ALC cover my wishes when paired Seeking spectacular sound setup with some good headphones or should I get a soundcard And what about an amplifier a DAC etc Originally I considered getting the Sennheiser HD as it has garnered much critical acclaim Unfortunately momomo wasn t impressed with its sound stage Despite my highest efforts this leaves me fairly puzzled and in need of your kind help Which sound setup compliments my computer experience the most without being overkill I have a generous budget All response is of course greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Seeking spectacular sound setup

"I already plan on getting the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H motherboard. Will its onboard sound (Realtek ALC898) cover my wishes when paired with some good headphones ? or should I get a soundcard? And what about an amplifier, a DAC etc.?" You won't need a sound card, just headphones or a low cost wired 2 speaker+ powered subwoofer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-spectacular-sound-setup.194793/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an EVGA GTX 560-Ti graphics card connected to two monitors. The primary monitor is a Syncmaster 2433BW and the second monitor is a Syncmaster 204B. Everything was fine until this morning when I booted up and found the second monitors resolution way off. After entering the NVIDIA control panel I found the monitor simply identified as Digital Display with a very limited resolution table available, the monitor was set to 1024x768. On the control panel resolution screen it is identified as "Generic Non-PNP Monitor with only two resolutions neither of which is the recommended 1600x1200. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver with no improvement.

A:Lost monitor ID in setup

Have u tried This option the Resize? I use this due to my Samsung tv doesnt have really good scaling which I was left to using a random resolution but this random resolution still is read from the tv as 1920x1080 maybe it might work for u

if this doesnt work I havent actualy got which driver did u install nvidia driver or the monitor one? if so this is were u should go
<-this image seems to not be working right click open in new tab

Right click my computer Properties Device manager and rightclick on the monitors and update software

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-monitor-id-in-setup.195406/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello All I have decided on the following Cooler Master Eisberg L Prestige Alphacool NexXxoS XT Radiator mm And I m deciding on a GPU block at a later date when the new Nvidia cards come out I Setup together Linking Watercooling help was hoping to set it up Watercooling Setup Linking together help as Pump Reservoir is built onto the CPU block which makes this all very easy supposed to anyway and is upgradable so you can add an extra few items to the loop I was hoping to mount the mm radiator it comes with to the top of my case and the extra mm radiator to the back of my case I was hoping having the mm radiator cool the water before it entered the graphics card block would help yield better results and thus the fans can run at a slower speed I m not trying to break any records and certainly don t plan on overclocking a whole much I just find water cooling much quieter in general compared to a multi-fan heatsink and a load of case fans plus the fans on the GPU My question is can this be done I m rubbish at checking the tubing sizes and what I need to actually connect it all up preferably white hose Any advise would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Watercooling Setup Linking together help

Unless getting this kit for the same amount of money would be better?

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Alphacool-NexXxoS-Cool-Answer-240-LTST-Full-Kit_30211.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/watercooling-setup-linking-together-help.192663/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all I am going to be buying new HDD s and would setup Raid0 New Here, like to setup a raid on them using New Here, Raid0 setup windows bit I also would like to install a rd SSD for Ubuntu type drive in my optical bay I have no clue as to the proper order for this operation optical replacement first or raid setup first I am not totally new to computers but I have mainly worked with desktops before I do understand my laptop though as I have opened it up for HDD and RAM upgrades and the Optical bay looks pretty simple with only a few screws to remove I need step by step instructions for the raid setup and where to get the drivers for it if windows bit DVD does not have them already The installation of the SSD into the optical bay is no problem nor is installation of the dual Hybrid drives I ll be getting so it s mostly the software setup of things for the raid I was going to enter some links to the gear I would like to get but this site gave me some BS about Kismet So I will leave them out for now Let me know if you need to know the gear to help me here For now my system is the G sx If there is a better bay replacement HDD or SSD that you know and has awesome reviews please let me know I like to buy things on Amazon for the most part as the return process has been excellent for other things before just in case I should point out also that this rig will be gaming mostly with the ssd ubuntu setup for everything else and to play around with Linux for fun Thanks Ahead nbsp

A:New Here, Raid0 setup

HALT, STOP, DESIST;

Rule 1:- never use raid-x for a BOOT device.

Rule 2:- don't assume that Raid-0 is "faster" or that Raid-1 "doesn't require backup"

Rule 3:- Raid is a Server feature, not intended for the home user.

Now then, go read all you can about Raid before you spend $0.10 more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-here-raid0-setup.192766/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi I m setting up my PC amp stuck between set of options Both of the setups fits within Rs - which is my budget I will be gaming mostly and no multitasking only single threaded applications I want the best cpu clock speed amp overall graphics possible and also which will serve me good for atleast to years My options are AMD FX- MSI A-G AMD Motherboard AMD ATI HD GB GDDR AMD A - K ASUS F A -M-PRO Motherboard ASUS AMD ATI HD GB GDDR CrossFire-ed with the APU help PC Setup Graphics I don t know whether the MSI mobo I mentioned in the st option is the best but it is surely PC Setup help one of the cheapest If there are any other good amp cheap am mobo and or any gfx card that fits in the budget please mention Also if you think that any other combo of these three viz CPU GPU amp Mobo suits my requirements amp budget better PC Setup help please suggest Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-setup-help.192000/
Relevancy 23.22%

Our internet goes from:

Comcast modem to a
Dlink DIR-655
To computers or through a switchbox to other parts of the house
In the basement, is another switch box, and off that switchbox is,
Belkin 85c Wireless router, that we use as an access point
Works well but it says it has the ability to have a guest login, that will allow visitors to get to the internet, but are blocked from our LAN.

I've spent hours trying to set the guest login up, the access point can be seen by a computer/etc, but when they connect, they cannot get to the internet.

the windows 7 computers try to set up an unidentified public network.

I'm sure there is something very simple I am missing, but I've got close to 20 hours invested in it, and need to protect my network.

the Windows 7 notebook said that it could not connect with a "homegroup".

A:Belkin 85c wireless router, used as an access point. Guest setup?

Hmm; I cant find "Belkin 85c Wireless router" on the Belkin Support site - -
Are you sure of that make/model number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-85c-wireless-router-used-as-an-access-point-guest-setup.190913/
Relevancy 23.22%

Guys, a netbook with this config
pro:Intel atom 1.46ghz
Ram:1 gb ddr3
can run ms office 2007 or10 or13 easily without hanging up in middle of work and BIG PDF files also.For example netbook here is one:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-10-...Windows/dp/B001GZC8K8/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url
Thanks

A:Can a netbook run MS Word 2007-13 easily?

You would need to define exactly what you mean by big files.

I would say yes as Office 2010 is installed on one of our Netbooks, but that really depend on just how big a file you are referring to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-netbook-run-ms-word-2007-13-easily.190257/
Relevancy 24.51%

Purchased a Epson WF-3540 printer for home use. Cannot get my computer to detect the printer on wireless network during software setup. Here is what I have:

1. Computer detects printer with usb cable connected and prints perfectly.
2. Printer detects wireless network and has 3 green bars.
3. Printer passed all its internal network connection checks and everything seems OK on the network status printout.

Installed software on my laptop and it too could not detect the printer on wireless network.

So I'm able to set the printer on my wireless network but can't the computer to detect or recognize it. Any suggestions?

A:Wireless setup

Make sure you connect with ONE or the OTHER but never both.
I suspect you would rather have the wireless connection, so go to devices & printers and delete the USB connected device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-setup.187949/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I have a Coolermaster setup the suggestions Fan 922 for HAF HAF case and my computer specs are as follows Asrock N C-S mobo AMD Athlon II X Arctic Cooling Freezer pro GB x GB Corsair Vengeance DDR RAM PowerColor HD GB GPU Coolermaster GX w PSU Running Win Ultimate I also have x HDD s in the case soon to be x HDD s and an SSD Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922 for the OS when I get time to install it Anyway that s the spec The case had two stock fans- front mm x mm and rear mm x mm The rear case fan wasn t very quiet however so I went ahead and purchased a Sharkoon silent eagle mm This isn t actually as silent as its name suggests but it does seem to create better airflow and it has reduced noise levels slightly What I d like help with is finding an ideal fan setup for my case which will keep it as quiet as possible but also keep it cool I use the computer for gaming using resource-hungry programs like the Adobe suite I know there s going to need to be a compromise and I m fine with that but I think I d prefer it to be more geared towards the silent side rather than performance My questions are Do I need a side or top fan If so what sizes do I need and should they blow air in to the case or suck it out Should the rear fan be sucking air into the case or blowing it out Can I replace the fan on the Arctic Cooling Freezer to a Sharkoon because the freezer fan is the noisiest of the lot What is the actual size of the front case fan I d like to replace this as this isn t very quiet either I m open to any suggestions as I am clueless when it comes to building computers I just know how to use them Thanks Tom nbsp

A:Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922

Lol, lovely username Tom.

I don't think you're going to get the case as quiet as I know you'd like, but as I've said before, maybe your best option is a fan controller, so you can turn down the noise when your working and then increase the fans for when your gaming to provide additional cooling performance.

If a controller isn't an option, I'd probably pip for Noctua NF-S12B FLX Ultra Quiet 120mm fans (one in top, one in side and one in the rear -- all as exhaust) as 60CFM @ 18dB is about the best you'll get for "silent" fans. Not cheap though, but will last years and years.

Combined with the intake fan at the front of the case and the other three all running as exhaust will cause the case to run negative air pressure, which is exactly how I ran my HAF 912+ -- The downside is the case will get dusty inside faster, but it will suck out heat much faster and run the computer cooler in my experience.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-setup-suggestions-for-the-haf-922.186550/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey Guys,

I recently got a new laptop with two drives, my 120GB SSD which I boot from, and a 750GB HDD.
Right now I am trying to figure out how to keep crap that I don't want off my SSD as I would like to actually be able to install a few programs on it. I have tried going into the registry and changing "ProgramFilesDir", "ProgramFilesDir (x86)", ProgramW6432Dir", "CommonFilesDir", "CommonFilesDir (x86)", and "CommonW6432Dir" to my HDD with limited success - I cant remember if I rebooted before I tested it out, but I believe I did.

At anyrate, if you have and tips/suggestions for managing my files with multiple drives I would love to hear them!

Thanks,

Matt

A:Multi-drive setup

The single best thing you can do is map the "home" folders over to the mechanical disk. A SSD with 120GB is more than enough for the OS and pretty much all applications, as I currently use a 64GB SSD to do the same thing.

What you want to do is click start, then go to your "home" folder, and you'll see this:

All of your folders can be mapped to another disk, stopping files from building up on your SSD. To change the location of the folder, select a folder, then click the right mouse button, and choose properties.

Click the location tab, and then click move, and select the new location (create the folder on your mechanical disk with the same name e.g. my example is "Desktop," and I have it located on my 2TB mechanical disk.

Here is the folder I've created on my larger disk:

Select the folder, and press "select folder", then click apply, and "yes" when asked if you'd like to move the files in the existing folder to the new location. Repeat for all of your "home" folders.

In future all files will build up in the "home" folders on your mechanical disk, not your SSD.

I have several Adobe CS6 titles, as well as Office 2013, and around 50 other applications all installed on my SSD along with Windows 7 Pro, and I've still got 14.4GB free, so you should have considerably more free space on yours.

Installing applications on the SSD means they can use the increased performance it offers. However, there is little point installing games on the SSD, as the difference it makes is minimal, as the only time it "feels" faster is when loading maps or between turns. Games also use considerably more space than most applications do, so its not a very cost-effective way of utilising the SSD's limited storage.

You can install applications to another disk by changing the install location during setup. I'd advise you either create a separate partition for them if you intend to do so, but also keep to the same format (e.g. create a Program Files and Program Files X86 folders, and install them as required inside there.

As you'll see from the "my computer" image above, I have my games on a separate partition, and data on another (both make up a 1TB disk) which I use as a second location should I need to install storage heavy applications.

It is not recommended to make registry changes or to manually drag and drop "Program File" folders onto the mechanical disk as it can cause all manner of problems. If you want to move them, I recommend you first uninstall the application, then re-install it in the new location.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multi-drive-setup.184798/
Relevancy 24.51%

im trying to put together a pc from parts I already own, how ever I have problems with understanding compatbility with hardware. perhaps if someone has the time they might be able to help me?

I have an antec nsk4400 case what type of mother board can I use with this
also I have a pair of 1gig (2gigs total) ram that is PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs I would like to add another pair of 2gig PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs for a total of 6gigs so im assuming the mother board has to have 4 slots for ram and also support PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs
I was hoping to find a compatible setup using these components and also would like to add a processor with built in graphics how hard is this to accomplish? if it helps my main goal is to have a decent gaming pc that can run gw2 and league of legends with ease.

A:Barebone setup

also these are the system requirements for both games thanks for anyone who takes the time to help me out

LOL
Minimum System Requirements:
?2 GHz processor
?1 GB RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users will want 2 GB of RAM or more)
?2 GB available hard disk space
?Shader version 2.0 capable video card
?Support for DirectX v9.0c or better
?Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7. (Note: Mac OS and Linux are not currently supported.)
Recommended System Requirements
?3 GHz processor
?2 GB of RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users should use 4 GB of RAM or more.)
?6 GB available hard disk space
?GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB+ Video Memory(VRAM))
?Support for DirectX v9.0c or better.
?Windows XP with the latest service pack installed, Windows Vista with the latest service pack installed, or Windows 7 (As stated above: Mac OS and Linux are currently not supported.)
?The latest update to .NET Framework from Microsoft

GW2
Minimum System Requirements Announced
- Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
- Intel® Core? 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon? 64 X2 or better
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (257MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
- 25 GB available HDD space
- Broadband Internet connection
- Keyboard and mouse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/barebone-setup.184510/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi all my daughter has told me she used to press the email button on her laptop and access her emails now it doesnt access the emails sorry not uch info .but does anyone have a clue what is wrong or what I could do or try thanks

A:Can't access email from email button

Does the laptop come w/ a program to customize keyboard settings? Maybe that a look at that. My Logitech keyboard came w/ a program called Setpoint which allows me to choose what email program to open when the button is pressed. I had an eMachine keyboard w/ an email button that opens up the default email program. So that's something else to check. Maybe the computer forgot what the default email program is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-email-from-email-button.183234/
Relevancy 24.08%

My current video card in my desktop computer is apparently dying I could be wrong but I just haven t been able to figure out what else the problem could be I deleted all drivers and started future buy video card for to and current What setup both over The drivers I had previously were the most current apparently but I reinstalled from a new download I also deleted all Flash and started over and same with Java My display crashes constantly in Firefox and almost always when I try to play a video online Sometimes even when I click on something anything in Firefox bam The screen goes black and the computer is still running IE is not even usable anymore So What video card to buy for both current and future setup I reboot and start over with every crash This has been going on for a couple months I am going to be upgrading almost everything soon I like my old roomy Chieftek Dragon case with lots of fans so I may be able to keep that Below is what I currently have I realize that a video card that will be great for my coming system will not function to its fullest on my current system but if it s just an improvement for now that s fine I don t want to have to buy one now and one later Current system Motherboard - Gigabyte P Titan GA- S FX-L Graphic interface - AGP X X b Current video card - VisionTek ATI Radeon HD put in Memory - GB maxed out Crucial CPU - P CPU Speed - Ghz Power Supply Make Model - Antec Neo HE Watt output Amperage - w ATX V OS - XP Pro up to date Future Intel Core i Ghz already have this and GB RAM What video cards do you recommend for my situation I use this desktop computer mostly as the hub in the home network for graphics photography running Adobe graphics software web design writing and communications home office and general use My laptop is my music recording computer Thanks so much I hope to solve this very quickly nbsp

A:What video card to buy for both current and future setup

Current and Future!

There is no such card.

You currently have an AGP interface and I'm willing to bet your future motherboard will be PCIe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-video-card-to-buy-for-both-current-and-future-setup.179893/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone, I got a new mobo and cpu yesterday and after installing all the parts I put my old hdd in, after the pc boots I got an error; no hard disk detected. i know the hdd is fine because i put it back in my old build and it booted fine, i know when installing a new mobo you should format which ive been trying to do but when i reach the window where you choose the language theres no mouse or keyboard working, and i know the mouse and keyboard is fine because i used both in the boot menu. my current specs are p8z68-v asus intel i5 2500k nvidia 560ti asus corsair 850watts 8gb ram 500gb hdd ps; sorry for poor grammar and spelling mistakes but was forced to write this on my phone. Also, i looked in my bios and it clearly names both my hdd and blu ray drive.

A:New mobo doesn't detect HDD, no mouse or keyboard control in Windows setup

First, try the basics. Take out the 560 and just install the RAM, CPU, HDD and PSU and see if you can get to BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-doesnt-detect-hdd-no-mouse-or-keyboard-control-in-windows-setup.178133/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello

I have windows XP. There are instructions on the net to use NTBACKUP.MSI. Even though I downloaded the file the computer can't find the file.

Whats the best way to back up to a portable hard drive on a regular basis?

ALSO

I also would like to back up my address book to the portable hard drive.

Thanks Heaps

A:Back up XP + email addresses to portable hard drive

What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-up-xp-email-addresses-to-portable-hard-drive.177972/
Relevancy 24.51%

guys my board only supports xfire and I'm currently sporting a gtx 460 I want to go with a xfire setup and have been offered a hf 4890 or I could sell the card and spend £40 more on a hd5770 any ideas as the performance seams pretty similar on both cards

A:I want to go with a Crossfire setup

How important is DX11 to you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-go-with-a-crossfire-setup.177806/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys. I recently installed my first liquid cooling system. It is currently cooling just the CPU, but I am upgrading so I can liquid cool my two GTX 460s as well. My question is, how? Do I split the incoming water three ways and send one tube to each component (CPU, 460, 460). Or do I go through the CPU, out to the first 460, out to the second 460, to the pump/reservoir, back to the CPU. I ask because I figured the water would be hot coming out of the CPU and it wouldn't make sense to go directly to other parts that need to be cooled. On the other hand, splitting the water 3 ways seems like it would weaken the flow enough that all three parts wouldn't be cooled ver well. So neither system seems quite right. Am I missing something?

A:Help with new water-cooling setup

Don't split the flow three ways, keep it going from one waterblock to the next. If you're concerned about it getting too hot on the CPU, then flowing to the video cards, I'd suggest throwing a second radiator inbetween, usually just a single 120mm, then a 240mm or bigger as the flow leaves the video cards. Another option is to create a second loop, with it's own individual reservoir, pump, and radiator, but that adds more expense.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-new-water-cooling-setup.175704/
Relevancy 18.06%

Im trying to set up an email in outlook 2007 with ms exchange 2003. Under the exchange proxy settings, i set the connection settings to RPC.domain, and check the box that says "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal in their certificate: I use the "msstd:rpc.domain

A:MS Outlook connection with Exchange 2003

Sorrry, I accidently posted before i was finished. but I get an error message saying "the connection to ms exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or conncected to complete this action. Can anyone help me with this. Much appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-outlook-connection-with-exchange-2003.176076/
Relevancy 24.51%

Guys Having an issue with setting up a new router on my PC I simply cannot get onto directly from my PC to configure the router I m running XP Pro and router setup with Problem I currently use the Huawei E dongle for internet access I purchased the Sapido GR- router which will allow me to put the dongle in the USB port amp set it as the WAN access I still have the dongle plugged directly into the PC for Internet access at the moment I initially had issues with setting up an IP address getting the xxx xxx issue but have managed to sort that now via PortForward Static IP amongst other things My problem is when logging onto to set up the router it times out most of the time I can ping which is the built in Intel Pro NIC but when I ping sometimes it times out other times it has no problems and other times it will lose packet However it NEVER gets me to the config area the furthest I ve gotten is to the username password screen When running ipconfig all it currently shows up the following Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Problem with router setup Description Intel Pro NIC Physical Address gives MAC Address DHCP Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Server I currently have the TCP IP Properties manually configured as when I had the Obtain IP address automatically clicked it would give me the etc address which I believe is a DHCP issue but am not sure at the moment However as it is also a wireless router I can connect to the router config screen via my iPhone and have set the router to DHCP server but this hasn t helped at all Finally the ethernet cable is brand new and when I plug it in out the Network Connection recognises it so I don t think the cable is the issue and have tried different e net ports in case that was an issue I ve reset the router powered on off disabled firewall etc all to no avail At this stage I m completely flummexed I don t have another PC to try it on in case that is suggested Appreciate amp and all help Will P S I should add that both my G and NIC card IP are both Static IP s nbsp

A:Problem with router setup

Have you tried obtaining IP automatically with your iphone? Does the phone get 192.168.1.x address? If it does, you may have a problem with your NIC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-router-setup.174993/
Relevancy 23.22%

I just started getting this error today. I thought it was due to some malware I had gotten but the malware forum tech support said everything looks fine. I get this message right as my VPN is about to authenticate. Can anyone help? This is driving me up the wall!

A:Cisco VPN AnyConnect issue: The VPN client was unable to setup IP filtering

What PC hardware are you working with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cisco-vpn-anyconnect-issue-the-vpn-client-was-unable-to-setup-ip-filtering.174986/
Relevancy 24.51%

It comes a time when you get bored by the usual computer set up (Primary HDD for OS and Backup HDD for all your media).......

Currently I have some unused hard drives lying around so I decided to have some fun.......unfortunately, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SETTING UP RAID CONFIGURATIONS......so please start from the basics

1. What hardware do I need?
2. How do I set it up?
3. How do I test?
4. .....Just random but is it worth it? Pros and Cons

Feel free to recommend hardware, I might do some shopping!
Thnx in advance.

A:What do you need to setup a RAID configuration?

1. You need a motherboard with RAID capability or add-on RAID controller
2. I suggest you Google for types of RAID Arrays, and Data redundancy
3. The RAID controller will do this for you. You will have to reload the operating system if you change or add a RAID array drive if you don't use an array with data redundancy.

I have a stripped RAID array with no data redundancy. This is for maximum data access speed. It is made up of 3 500GB drives, giving me 1.36TB single drive. You think it would be 1.5TB, but because of "overhead" the total usable space is 1.36TB. I have a 4th 500GB drive for back up that's not part of the RAID array

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-you-need-to-setup-a-raid-configuration.172268/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have a server, a monitor, a laptop, cables and connectors and a copy of microsoft server 2008. can someone help me or guide me where to look to learn how to connect all of this together and set up the old laptop for a new user?

thank you,
tnb1415

A:Networking setup

Windows Server 2008 Step-by-Step Guides For Microsoft
Windows Server 2008 Tutorial from infotechGuyz.com
networking Articles & Tutorials for Windows Server 2008 from windowsnetworking.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-setup.171835/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello there,

my friend wants a new PSU for his system. His specs are the same as mine (we both had the same PC built), but his system has a 9800GT 512MB. He will be considering to buy a GTX 560 Ti in the near future.

Which PSU will be better for this setup? Is the AX 650 worth the extra cash?

Thanks in advance

A:HX650 or AX650 -- which is better for this setup?

The HX series is built by Channel Well which I am not a big fan of. Channel Well built the infamous Antec Smart Power 2.0 series a few years ago, the failure rate was so high that Antec subsequently stopped using Channel Well as an OEM, although Channel Well has improved in quality and they no longer use highly failure prone caps they are still not on my list of preferred OEMs. The AX series is built by Seasonic which is one of the best OEMs of power supplies making it the better of the two. If you don't need the gold efficiency rating of the AX want a cheaper unit I would go with the Seasonic built Corsair TX series, The Delta Built Antec EA-750, High Current Gamer/ High Current Pro series (HCP-750 is gold certified and cheaper than the AX650), or the Seasonic X-series. Seasonic and Delta are among the best OEMs of power supplies around so any unit built by either one is a good bet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hx650-or-ax650-which-is-better-for-this-setup.171542/
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently bought a video card and installed it into my computer However every time I try to install the software I get this card - video error installation driver display standard with VGA Setup message Setup was unable to complete the installation Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup Click to expand I m completely confused because I m using a standard VGA driver Windows automatically installed it after I disabled my integrated graphics I can t figure this problem out and get the video card to work on my computer so any tips would be hugely appreciated Video Card Info Video card Visiontek Radeon Video Card MB PCI w DVI Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error TV-OUT from TigerDirect ca tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Software VisionTek Radeon ATI System Info Windows Manufacturer Acer Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor LE- GHz Installed memory RAM GB MB usable System type -bit Operating System Screenshots Installation error message i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer atiproblem jpg Device manager i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer Devicemanager- jpg nbsp

A:Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error

You went into your BIOS and disabled the integrated graphics? Um you might try a free program like Driver Sweeper to remove whatever remains of the old video drivers. For some reason the new video driver installer does not see your new video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-display-with-standard-vga-driver-video-card-installation-error.170188/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a T1 backbone connected to a Linksys wireless 4 port N router running 2 hubs and 1 websmart POE switch. I need to bring in another network on the same T1 backbone, keeping it separated from my current network with it's own DHCP router. I'm thinking I need to go from the T1 to a hub uplink port, then out to the ethernet port on both routers. Keeping the current setting on #1 router 192.168.1.1 and assigning an IP to the #2 Linksys router 192.168.2.1. I'm not sure if this will work, but it seems right, right?

A:How do I connect T1 to two DHCP routers, setup two networks

Thanks Rick

Thanks for your input Rick.
Currently I do have the T1 in the WAN port of my Linksys wireless router. This is my network DHCP server and has been working great. We have a school moving into my church building and I'm trying to provide them with their own LAN and internet. I'm not going to spend the cash for VLAN stuff, not cost effective. So I guess I'll just have to give them a router with static IP routing and their IT guy will have to assign IP's to each of their machines. My Linksys router is managing about 20 user stations and 5/8 wireless each day. This leaves me about 20 IP avail for my network. I could easly manage the school's needs without another DHCP router, but I don't want them to see my shared folders on my network. The static solution is the only one I can think of. Plus I don't want to use up my IP's.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-connect-t1-to-two-dhcp-routers-setup-two-networks.169932/
Relevancy 23.22%

Heres my problem , so my computer dvd and cd drives failed i kept getting mssg select boot device and reboot. then i used a cd drive fromanother computer connected it with xp windows cd and now im getting error in setup"setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" please help this computer used to work fine before and was xp before..thankyou in advance!

A:Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

Check you bios settings if it is detecting your HDD.

/edit/

Check also the jumper settings of the CD drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.169834/
Relevancy 24.08%

I was curious if The Enthusiast's PC was the best setup that can be built for under $2k This includes All hardware and Software. (multiple monitors is a + also)

Strong emphasis on DirectX 11 games and Battlefield 3.

any takers to the challenge?

A:Gaming setup full package for under $2k?

syde said:

I was curious if The Enthusiast's PC was the best setup that can be built for under $2k This includes All hardware and Software. (multiple monitors is a + also)

Strong emphasis on DirectX 11 games and Battlefield 3.

any takers to the challenge?Click to expand...

at this point being this close to a new line of CPU's, the possible performance increase, and the effect on pricing from both sides, I would wait until sept if you can. You might benefit from it greatly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-setup-full-package-for-under-2k.168107/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am about to build a custom PC for the first time and although I know enough about the subject, I'd like to ask you experts for your opinion.

MoBo: MSI P67A-GD53 (B3)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K
RAM: Crosair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 DDR3 4GB 1333 MHz

Just wanted to make sure those would all support each other. The rest (videocard (geForce 240 GT), hdd etc) I already have from my old setup.

Thanks in advance

A:Is this a good custom setup?

they look good to me but imo i would go with 1600 mhz ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-custom-setup.167566/
Relevancy 23.65%

Anyone tried a 5000/6000 series Radeon for video, HDCP, etc., along with FireMV low-end 2D multi-monitor display cards?

I'm trying to build a dual-use system where a couple of the monitor can be driven by a Radeon capable of transcoding, Blu-Ray, HDCP, etc. and the others are just low-wattage DisplayPort 2D cards for financial screens.

Can they co-exist in the same system, assuming the correct drivers are installed to each, etc.?

I don't need or want the power consumption or dual-slot use for 6 2D displays, nor do they have to do any digital "heavy lifting", but I don't mind, and sort of need, if possible, a modest 4000/5000/6000 Radeon card for a couple of the monitors.

Odd, I know, but has anyone tried anything approaching this?

Thanks.

A:ATI HD5000 or HD6000 & FireMV multi-monitor setup - can you?

Any HD4000 series card or above is capable of displaying two screens, either mirrored, or extended across two displays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-hd5000-or-hd6000-firemv-multi-monitor-setup-can-you.166439/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi.
My name is Wayne. I'm not a professional with computers. I'm 59 years old, and just got my first computer 3 years ago. I recently grabbed a laptop just before it was to be tossed in the dumpster at my job. It's a Compaq Presario 1266. It's old. It has Windows 98 on it. I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro. It will go as far as the starting windows screen, blue screen. It will not go to the welcome to windows setup screen so that I can delete the windows 98. My first question. Is this old, I think it's a notebook, not laptop, worht all the effort? If so, how can I resolve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to learn more about how to do these things. I can barely attach files in an email. Thank you.

A:Can't get to Windows setup screen when installing XP Pro

Yup, this is an old system. Unless it has been upgraded with more memory it will not run XP.

The specs show 32MB or RAM (XP needs a minimum of 64MB)
A 333MHz CPU and a 4GB or optional 6.4GB hard drive.

Even if you get this going it will be very, very slow by modern day standards. Windows 98 is probably the best system to have on it.

Worth the effort, I doubt it, but depends what you want to use it for and if you don't want to do anything in a hurry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-to-windows-setup-screen-when-installing-xp-pro.166421/
Relevancy 24.51%

Done loads of research and ive finally bought a gaming pc. This cost me £800.

Heres it is..

MSI GeForce GTX 570 OC Twin FrozR III Power Edition 1280MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz (Bloomfield) (Socket LGA1366) - Retail with FREE Shogun 2 Game

Asus P6X58D-E Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard

Cooler Master CM690-II Lite Dominator Case & GX 750W Power Supply

G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM)

Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache - OEM (HD103UJ)

LG GH22NS50 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) - OEM

Im hoping to play most games on high end performance and id like to be apple to play battlefield on relitivly high graphics.

Tell me what you think, thanks!

A:Is this a good gaming PC setup?

It should work nicely for you... I don't care for anything CoolerMaster or Asus but many here do. Good luck with the setup... Check out my specs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-gaming-pc-setup.166310/
Relevancy 24.08%

Background: Built a different system with new M/B, CPU, and case (Win7). Transferred GeForce 7300 video card over and put in new PCi-e bus....NO video, even with embedded video disabled and bios set for it....the only video I can get is using embedded ATI Radeon 4200.

However, I have loaded and reloaded drivers for the Radeon and for the monitor (Samsung T220). Device manager shows monitor and display adapter to be correct. But when I try to set display resolution in control panel, the monitor native display resolution of 1650 X 1080 is not available, and the monitor just shows "VGA". Closest I can get is 1600 X 1200. So, I am stuck having to use only the embedded video and a resolution that my monitor doesn't exactly like.......ANY HELP APPRECIATED! I am not a gamer, but use this for a lot of Photoshop CS5 work.

p.s. I have an Radeon 5670 on order....will this even work?

A:Help with monitor resolution/setup after upgrade?

Hi, I always get the same problem with my onboard graphics card on windows 7, I personally install the right drivers and it works, but sometimes it fails so i use the closest like what you have there and i apply i don't click ok, so that if it doesn't work, it will bring me back to that screen in 15secs.
However now that you are going to get the new Radeon 5670, that will solve the equation.
If u still want to use you old card, then you have to get new versions of the drivers or you may have to install them manually.
Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-monitor-resolution-setup-after-upgrade.166149/
Relevancy 23.22%

My acer laptop has been like this for awhile since i paid for it to be fixed,when im doing a letter for example and i turn on the CAPS LOCK button it goes into caps ok,but i have to press the BUTTON UNDERNEATH CAPS LOCK CALLED SHIFT TO GET CAPS LOCK TO TURN OFF!!!

does anyone know how i get it back to factory keyboard settings?just a simple caps on and off button would be nice today lol!
cheers.

A:Acer Aspire 5315 keyboard setup, capslock problem

The keyboard may be defective

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5315-keyboard-setup-capslock-problem.164818/
Relevancy 23.65%

My topology is as in the attachment. I cannot understand what I am doing wrong.

I am wanting the network to be setup to where my 2 machines (that are wired to the router, and multihomed, the second port with a 1gb NIC using crossover to each machine for file transfers. Any time I have it set up, it either refuses to connect to the internet (using various commands I found that it is because I had a default gateway set to the 1gb NIC with the crossover, and it was choosing to use it for internet access) or the two machines refuse to even ping one another (without a gateway).

I've tried under different subnets (eg, 192.168.10.1/2 with subnet 255.255.255.0 and I've tried 10.18.1.1/2 with subnet 255.0.0.0) and neither work, bot have the same problems. I have Homegroups disabled, file and print sharing set with accounts.

Windows 7 Professional on each machine, Linksys BEFVP41 router.

What am I missing??

Thanks for reading.

A:Help with simple setup - two multihomed PC's, one router, one patch cable

I think your problem is using the crossover. AFAIK, you are supposed to use the regular CAT5E/CAT6 cable in order to connect to the internet, and as well hooking the rest network to the internet.

I assumed that your modem has more than one ports for hooking up your network, so use that, it's there for the reasons, or you could buy the used/new router to hook up the rest of your computers on a network.
This simple topology on network should be at:

COMPUTER 1----\..............................................................................................
...........................|======= ROUTER / MODEM =============== INTERNET
COMPUTER 2----/..........(DHCP/ STATIC IP from ISP).................( ISP provided IP)

The " === " is translated as cable connection between devices and computers.
Good way of using your network efficiently is to research info between the network router and ISP. ( Assigned IP at www.whatsmyip.org; Router IP ( check manual); and assigned router IP for your computers. )
Hope I helped.
Edited: I just realized that you set Computer 1 as assigned IP while the computer 2 has DHCP enabled. I think you need to set both computer as your router address, and then set the IP to be assigned from Router to your computer's DHCP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-simple-setup-two-multihomed-pcs-one-router-one-patch-cable.162879/
Relevancy 24.51%

I posted an hour ago about a problem I had trying to run GB k ultra drives in one of my personal computers with a mb controller a pci-x which I had connected to a PCI slot and had problems so that is out of the system until I get some answers and help problems not from the pci-x being in the PCI but - i don t know yet Anyway I am a hardcore media junkie including automation with speed I have a U case perfect setup to fit the drives in it however the k drives will only hold mb however the media is on my external drives all of them are maxed a bit over TB so building the U drives for a media box not so great or can it be tell me some ideas so I can build I am media setup? for a SCSI stuck right now not knowing what to do The speed will be fast much much faster then the fastest ide sata hdd even running at half the performance not being used for server related just personal home nbsp

A:SCSI for a media setup?

What are you actually asking for help with?

I don't see the point in 4 296MB hard disks - You might as well bin them! They might sound good, but anything that old, with that capacity is going to be slower than a brand new SATA2/3 hard disk. The speed of new disks will come from the bandwidth of the interface, which will be severely reduced on anything as old as the 296MB hard disk.

A mechanical hard disk with 7,200RPM spindle speed in a homeserver is more than adequate alongside gigabit ethernet at running HD with bandwidth to spare. 10K disks, or SSDs are totally unneeded, and would be pointless in your case anyway, as your external hard disks are going to be throttled by the USB connections they're connecting to the computer with, not the speed of the network (assuming gigabit).

A 1TB hard disk sits around £30-40 these days (probably the same money in Dollars), so no need to be looking elsewhere at faster stuff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/scsi-for-a-media-setup.162594/
Relevancy 24.51%

Question No longer needed.

A:Help me setup my 4 Port KVM,

2 monitors, 4 would be preferable since I bought 4 of the same lcd monitor for this reason... I just bought my black box video card with 4 DVI outputs, all about quad cards now!

please list what I need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-setup-my-4-port-kvm.162641/
Relevancy 21.07%

We host a domain 'nabina.com' with brinkster.com and use the same to provide us with emails to all our staff. The 'Servie Provider' provides facility to capture the incoming emails to another account. My concern is the email that our staff send from the individual Pc's in the workgroup/domain which I need to monitor and filter anly selected email. I would like to mention an example the emails that our sales staff send to suppliers must be blocked while to the cutomers should be allowed. Additional features to the device is welcome.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-filtering.162499/
Relevancy 24.08%

western digital 64 mb cache 1.5 tb 7200 rpm
nvidia evga gtx460 se
SL9ap/pentium d 3.6 4mb/cache
ddr3 xms3 1333 99924 2 sticks 4g
biostar tp45e combo mobo
5 things plugged into usb

coolmax 700w cu-700b (possibly a piece of **** because i believe its been making my computer randomly crash for the 3 months)

A:What power supply does my setup require?

Hi Freeze,
A good quality 450w-500w will suffice for your system. I use a lot of the Corsair HX series in my customer builds and have no problems. Silverstone , FSP, and Seasonic are excellent as well. and good investments to be carried into the next build.
My 2 cents worth

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-power-supply-does-my-setup-require.162324/
Relevancy 23.65%

I just recently tried my hand at building my own pc and im not getting a first boot screen and well im pretty sure the motherboard is getting power since the cpu fan is spinning and everything of that nature. But no bios setup screen and i didnt think my cpu was fried or damage but when i lifted it out of the motherboard theres three pins that are blue on the top left of the cpu could this mean that my processor is bad i dont have a spare to test right now just wondered if anyone had any ideas what might be going on.

This is what i got

Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2 Mobo
Intel i5 2300 2.8ghz
Kingston 2gb Ram x2 KHX1600C9D3B1K2/4GX
Sparkle ATX 500W PSU

It came together in a kit so i assumed everything was compatible if anyone can help me id appreciate it

A:Not getting BIOS setup screen, 3 pins on processor blue

I'll assume the 3 pins are in the corner indicating the orientation of the CPU. Start out simple and take the mobo out of the case and put in on some cardboard and try to power it with just ram, cpu, and cpu cooler attached. If you get a screen, you should be ok.

if your pins are "burnt" then yeah, that's bad - you got a short.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-getting-bios-setup-screen-3-pins-on-processor-blue.160812/
Relevancy 21.07%

This weekend we re going to have an quot old folks LAN quot mostly AoE OpenTTD amp Quake So now I am setting up a couple of notebooks "Whitebox" XP New of drivers laptop; lack setup that really needed a makeover I New XP setup of "Whitebox" laptop; lack drivers ran into troubles with a quot Whitebox quot -machine belonging to my New XP setup of "Whitebox" laptop; lack drivers home master She says the company is Chinese and went bust well I can t find all I need and I am running out of time Does anybody know the producer I lack amongst others the graphics drivers see screenshot Funny thing is that I wrote that down beforehand Mobile Intel GM GMS GML and I installed the supposedly proper software But it s not working I even copied the system drivers-folder of the former XP-installation but I can t find the right drivers there There is also a problem with a multimedia-device and I don t get it So if anybody knows the machine or has quick solutions I would be VERY happy nbsp

A:New XP setup of "Whitebox" laptop; lack drivers

If you haven't already, try going to Intel's website and download the drivers for the 915 chipset.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-xp-setup-of-whitebox-laptop-lack-drivers.152774/
Relevancy 24.08%

Whenever I turn on the PC the first thing that opens is the Award Bios Setup Utility. 2667 MHZ is highlighted and the date and time are wrong by about 9 years.

I set the MHZ on manual and change the date and time and save as I exit. XP runs fine until the next time I start the machine and it happens again.

Is there an internal battery that may be dead?

I appreciate any help,

McKerracher

A:BIOS setup utility opens first whenever I turn on the PC

Yes, the CMOS battery on the motherboard could be dead. It is a flat, disk type of battery about the size of a nickle and is commonly available.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-setup-utility-opens-first-whenever-i-turn-on-the-pc.159249/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok ive installed xp on this comp numerous times and now when i reformat it gets all the way to selecting a partition and then the screen gets fuzzy and then clear again, then it goes blank and back to a blue screen with a bunch of white lines through it, then it goes blank again like its in sleep mode and my monitor says its getting no signal anybody got any ideas?

A:Blank screen during Windows XP setup

It could be the graphics card going bad. Has this happened more than once and at the same place?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-during-windows-xp-setup.158535/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey all RAID Crashes between to two setup non-system POST 1 disks. array a to Trying I just bought two of these Samsung HD UI drives and I wanted them to contain my miscellaneous files and documents music and videos I have my system partition set up on a Segate Barracuda GB SATA drive My mobo is an ASUS P E I can successfully set the bios to enable the controller and from within the Trying to setup a RAID 1 array between two non-system disks. Crashes to POST controller I can successfully see all three drives and successfully create an array with the two larger drives Trying to setup a RAID 1 array between two non-system disks. Crashes to POST My problem comes when I boot windows after this I am running win professional or business whatever it s called and when the little glowing balls of light that comprise the logo start to rotate around each other my system crashes back to POST No BSOD no error code Just a black screen followed by POST Windows then trys to repair itself unsuccessfully and eventually goes back to POST after failing the repair I removed the array and set the SATA back to enhanced IDE and it works again I also tried the one system drive without the other two drives even connected with the bios setting set to RAID and it also crashed I m guessing there s some conflict between my mobo s raid controller and my windows install Any thoughts EDIT My windows is bit BTW nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-setup-a-raid-1-array-between-two-non-system-disks-crashes-to-post.157786/
Relevancy 24.51%

I'm going to build a new computer. I got my hands on 3x 40 GB hard drives (7200rpm) and could get one more. I'm planning on buying a new hard drive with the computer. I would like to have a dual boot with Windows 7 and some type of Linux. What is my best setup?

I was thinking butting the 40GB hard drives in array 5, installing Windows on them, on the new hard drive installing Linux.

A:What is the best RAID setup for this situation?

Let me restate the question; which is better, RAID 5 with crappy hard drives or one good hard drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-best-raid-setup-for-this-situation.157462/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a Dell computer that my customer could not BIOS in Strange setup tabs boot up Upon further investigation I found the hard drive was failing as to the obvious and constant spinning up and stopping it was obviously doing The customer bought a new seagate SATA gb hard drive to get vista back on and the machine back up and running After connecting the Strange BIOS tabs in setup hard drive I noticed a few strange things happening But it s been so spiratic I havent been able to pin down a specific one so bear with me here A few times it froze at the hp boot screen Other times it Strange BIOS tabs in setup would run past that and boot from the vista install disc and into the beginning of the installation only to run into a blue screen error Most Strange BIOS tabs in setup confusing of all and my getting to my point now is when I finally went into F for the bios setup to check things out Looking at the standard Pheonix Bios screen I noticed the tabs above read as follows First Tab Main Second tab Advanced Third tab oweb Fourth tab Boot and the fifth tab reads Epid Now the Epid I know is supposed to be Exit and I have no clue what the heck oweb is but something is really screwed with the bios I m just not sure where to go next as I have NEVER seen this before nbsp

A:Strange BIOS tabs in setup

"...the hard drive was failing as to the obvious and constant spinning up and stopping it was obviously doing"...

This sounds like a failing power supply. The power supply could be affecting the bios display too. Try pulling the CMOS battery, with the computer unplugged and replacing the battery back in the motherboard, then booting the computer back up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-bios-tabs-in-setup.156522/
Relevancy 23.65%

I m looking for some advice ASAP on which setups would be suitable to allow my system to run monitors in an extended desktop setup I m trying to buy of ebay so I need to know which cards are suitable so that I don t miss bargains Rather than give a wordy description I will give you a quick Idea of my setup I have a Palit GTX using the PCIe x port on my mobo - this GPU will run my main gaming monitor I have a p p d le mobo on which I have a PCIe one free port running at x speed in which I want to instal my second GPU My main concern is that i m running NvIdia 3 dual setup, use on for monitor ASAP Need GPU advice a directx on my PC an I was wondering if Need advice ASAP on dual GPU setup, for NvIdia 3 monitor use I needed another Dirrectx compatible Need advice ASAP on dual GPU setup, for NvIdia 3 monitor use card such as nVidia range or would an older card or series suffice In the end I will have a quot then a quot and another quot in Need advice ASAP on dual GPU setup, for NvIdia 3 monitor use that order setup on my desk I intend to use the second GPU to run one of the end quot monitors with my handleing the other two A list of cards compatible with my drivers can be found on this page http www nvidia co uk object win -winvista- bit- -whql-driver-uk html Sorry if I seamed rude in explaining this but I am in a hurry for various reasons and have tried to keep it concise nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-asap-on-dual-gpu-setup-for-nvidia-3-monitor-use.156502/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi Im trying to improve my home network Currently I have the modem and wireless router setup in my basement with one computer hardwired to the router and multiple laptops spread throughout the house However the laptops at the top of my house do not have good signal My house is wired with ethernet cabling throughout the house and walls to help or Routers Points Access Need with multiple network home setup What Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers I want to do is to take advantage of this wiring and setup multiple routers or AP s throughout house not sure about difference Also to even allow some laptops to connect with an ethernet cable rather than wireless I am not sure how to do this currently All the ethernet cableing Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers converge in my garage as an unfinished mess see pic I wanted to run a cable from my router to a plug in the wall which would take the signal to my garage I would then need some kind of device like a hub or switch but i am not sure what kind of device I was hoping it would then distribute the signal to the other wires and send it throuought the house I then wanted to connect another device that would like another router or AP in a another part of the house but am unsure what kind of device and how to do so If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers

With Ethernet wiring available you have some nice choices;
use wires to access remote locations
and place wireless in the room(s) needed
Likely you can just wire to each floor and the garage and then let the wireless be accessed from those locations.

The Modem==>#1Router can control all the DHCP assignments and assuming that you only need four remote locations, you can use a 4-port router. If you need more than four, you will need a Switch, eg
Code:
modem==router---switch-- four connections
|
+---- three more connections
Each port from the router is wired to an Access Point or a WiFi router (doesn't matter so use whatever you have). The trick is
disable the dhcp in each Wifi device
attached the ethernet from #1Router to any LAN slot on the WiFi (leaving its Wan slot empty)
This will place all the WiFi on the same subnet as #1 router and sharing et al works across the board

WiFi setups:
start with just one to get the setup running and then you can use that as a template to
config the others. When performing this task, ALWAYS connect a pc to the Wifi device with a cable!

a) change the SSID to something unique to you but not obviously name, address ,,, (
you could add a suffix to it to identify one from the other

b) set a unique channel on each WiFi router to reduce interferrence.
(if you're using a DSL service, then make sure all phones in the house have a new filter attached)

c) enable encryption (WPA2 or WPA in that order) and set the passphrase (can be the same for all wifi devices)

d) for heaven's sake, change the admin password and save it.
(this will disconnect your PC from the device being configure so don't be shocked)

disconnect from the Wifi device and attempt a wireless connection.
Once this works, you can repeat for each of the others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-to-setup-home-network-with-multiple-access-points-or-routers.154687/
Relevancy 24.08%

Need technical help on installing windows xp on a Dell mini 9. error says <setup cannot access this disk>

ubuntu says <input/output error during read on /dev/sda> . can anyone help me . thanks.

A:Dell Mini 9 setup cannot access disk!

The 16GB hard drive is most likely bad. These mini's run hot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-mini-9-setup-cannot-access-disk.154185/
Relevancy 24.08%

In the BIOS it gives me the option to set the hard drives to AHCI or PCI and I may have stated that wrong but those of u that know computers will understand what I said. Is AHCI faster or does it matter in Windows7?

Thanks
nickc

A:Question on what is the faster hard drive setup

AHCI has the faster >> buss << speed. This is SATA 2 @ 300-Gbs/sec.

The IDE setting is normally ATA 100 @ 100 MBs /sec (Note the different measurement standard Giga bits vs Mega bytes....)!

In practice, there wouldn't be much discernible speed difference with mechanical HDDs.

If ACHI is available however, you should take advantage of it. SATA running as SATA (AHCI) is hot swappable, therefore you can plug or unplug Esata drives, even internal drives, without powering down. I saw a case the other day offering a hot swap bay, specifically for the purpose of hot plugging internal HDDs right into the front of the case.

Also, if you elect to acquire an SSD in the future, that would be able to take advantage of the faster SATA 2 interface.

You must make up your mind though, before you do the OS install. If you install Windows and choose IDE, you would have to reinstall the OS to run AHCI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-what-is-the-faster-hard-drive-setup.154063/
Relevancy 23.22%

Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards Updated October Understanding quot How sound works quot and fixing your sound when it doesn t can sometimes be a challenge So I thought i d share and summarize some of my favorite quot Best of quot links about sound Note If you re here troubleshooting a sound problem be sure to scroll down to see both the Troubleshooting section and my footnotes below Note about the links below gt Some links are from vendors like HP Gateway and Intel gt But even if your computer or motherboard is from Guides Sound Windows Troubleshoot Cards and Reference Audio to and Setup Help a different vendor you ll still find much of HP s Gateway s etc info and guidance still applies General Guides about Audio setup Installation and quot How things work quot Connecting Audio amp Sound Devices to your Desktop Computer gt Alert You may have to copy paste the link below directly into your browser to see this particular guide Code http jdvoicemail altervista org imagenes audioguide pdf Working with Audio How to setup your computer to play and record sound Windows Mixer Tutorial Sound Cards Frequently Asked Questions as written for Vista and Windows but much applies to XP as well As written for Vista As Reference Guides to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards written for Windows How Soundcards work Sound Production The Hardware and Software Used to Produce Sound in Personal Computers Troubleshooting Windows Audio If you re running XP From MS - No sound in Windows From MS - How to troubleshoot sound problems in Windows XP From MS Reference Guides to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards - How to update a sound card driver in Windows XP and in Windows Vista From MS - FIX In Control Panel quot Sounds and Audio Devices quot does not correctly display the setting in the quot Speaker Setup quot list From HP - Resolving Microphone Problems in Microsoft Windows Me and XP From HP - Resolving Microphone and Line-In Problems in Windows XP From Intel - Troubleshooting Audio on Intel Motherboards If you re running Vista From MS - No sound in Windows From MS - Getting sound from your computer recommended links See this link for more MS help about Vista sound problems From MS - How to update a sound card driver in Windows Vista and in Windows XP From MS - How to troubleshoot sound problems that you experience after you install a Windows Vista Service Pack From HP - Resolving Microphone Problems From HP - Resolving Microphone and Line-in Problems in Windows Vista From HP - Reference Guides to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards No Sound from the Speakers in Windows Vista From Intel - Troubleshooting Audio on Intel Motherboards From Gateway - My desktop has microphone problems If you re running Windows From MS - No sound in Windows From MS - Getting sound from your computer recommended links See this link for more MS help about Windows sound problems From HP - Resolving Microphone Problems Footnotes - tips and tricks Don t confuse simple beep tones with sounds from a sound card Windows doesn t need a sound card to create simple beep tones You can test for simple beep tones with the Beepex tool Download and run it If your computer has internal speakers Windows should be able to generate tones even without a working sound card Is Windows failing to detect your sound card hardware Here s a few tricks that sometimes help Check your BIOS to see if there s a setting for Onboard Audio If you re using onboard audio and the setting appears in BIOS it should typically be set to something like Automatic or Enabled gt Also try toggling the Onboard Audio setting off then back on and rebooting each time can SOMETIMES help Windows redetect a missing sound card Are you trying to get sound over an HDMI cable Is the HDMI cable connected to an addon graphics card Check if sound driv... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reference-guides-to-help-setup-and-troubleshoot-windows-audio-and-sound-cards.152359/
Relevancy 24.51%

Recently, i tried to install "wireless zero connection" on my windows 7 pc. But when i try to start the service, it says:

Windows could not start Wireless Zero Connection service on Local Computer
Error 1083: The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the service.

What should i do to solve it ? Do i need to setup wireless zero connection again ? if yes, how ?

Thanks for any help

A:Wireless zero connection setup

Can you explain what happen prior? Are you installing a new wireless adapter? Best you delete the wireless adapter and driver and reboot Windows 7. Re-install driver then the adapter again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-zero-connection-setup.151750/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I have a dell xps m1210 that show a message "invalid configuration information - please run setup program", i can not even enter the setup, when i press de F2 to enter setup it says "preparing to enter setup", but instead entering the setup it gives me the "invalid configuration information - please run setup program"

Can anyone help me

A:Invalid configuration information - please run setup program

How old is it. Could be a hard drive failure... can you give us the service Tag from the back of the machine?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/invalid-configuration-information-please-run-setup-program.151307/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello,
i need your help in setting my wireless network on my Siemens router. The WLAN led light is not working. The router is not is not giving wireless connection to my other laptop.
When i got to the gateway, it says that wireless is enabled. But no wireless connection is detected by my other laptop. This problem apparently showed up after changing from windows xp to windows 7.

Any help will be appreciated

A:Siemens Gigaset SE568 wireless setup

Check their online specs. Some units that are fine with WXP do not work with VISTA or Windows 7 without work
But certainly, you may need to do an uninstall and reinstall to effect the change to Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/siemens-gigaset-se568-wireless-setup.151272/
Relevancy 24.51%

Last week, my laptop (HP pavilion) had over heat problem because of the thermal pad CPU and heat sink was dislocated, so opened my laptop and fixed it. Then, it was working fine until this morning. I could not start my laptop, even the bios setup usually appears when we just power the laptop does not show up either. I only saw a little glare from the screen. The hard drive lad indicator sometime blinks, thus i think that the laptop still running but the screen could not show anything.

Any of you has confronted the same problem? Could you please share your experiment to me?

A:BIOS setup does not show up

What is the age of your HP Pavilion. It may be that the inverter which rests at the bottom of the screen, behind the screen, has burned out. They are inexpenisive to replace ... $10 to $25 depending on model , but your first one will be a bit difficult and take you perhaps four hours of work... the next one will be easy..
Tell us more about the computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-setup-does-not-show-up.149622/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys been awhile since I ve posted on here but run into a pretty depressing and just downright baffling problem for me with my setup I m running Intel i GHz Socket performance should setup a good on what be Bad MB L Cache Asus Rampage II Extreme Corsair w Power Supply X Zotac GeForce GTX MB GDDR Corsair Dominator GT GB x GB DDR C MHz x Acer GD HQ D monitors Spanned Desktop with Nvidia Surround stuff Windows Professional Pic of CPU-Z etc Thing is when I first bought this setup minus one of the s which was bought at a later date It s never run how I Bad performance on what should be a good setup thought it would I ve got D vision and couldn t play Bad Company on a playable FPS with D enabled barely scrapes late s in FPS Which baffles me Even with the nd there wasn t much of an improvement I bought the nd for the Surround displays which yes it s absolutely mind blowing and amazing but Bad performance on what should be a good setup try playing anything in D and it just makes you want to slam your head off the three displays I ll be the first to admit I m actually more aless clueless on over clocking and therefore haven t touched anything but the default quot Optimal settings quot on the Extreme tweaker on the motherboard and the CPU Level-Up which just fails half the time anyway I don t feel that over clocking is the problem for this at the moment as It wasn t running as well as it should ve from the start One problem I noticed is the RAM should be at mhz yet the motherboard forces it to run at mhz Pic of the Bios ExtremeTweaker when I did select optimal settings for the RAM which changed the target DRAM frequency to mhz the computer BSOD s within - minutes of doing anything that stresses it I m just not sure what I m doing wrong why is it all going bad for me I ve tried BC on monitors and sure it s playable but it s not as good as it should be World of Warcraft lags to hell on monitors but I put that down to the game more than anything It s just not performing how well this should be for the money I ve spent on it and the parts Would be really appreciative of any replies of similar problems or any more info you need etc starting to get increasingly frustrated with this computer and want to sort it out Thanks a lot for reading if you got this far Jamibi nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-performance-on-what-should-be-a-good-setup.149553/
Relevancy 23.65%

I am desperate any help will be truly appreciated I have read through MANY discussions that get close to what I am experiencing but nothing that seems to be exactly my issue I am the original owner with ALL original info and CD s that came with the machine but the extremely rude individual at our local Dell store laughed at me and told me to quot just buy a new one quot He maintained that I would save disabled Inspiron Dell setup configuration - 8200 money as compared to the charges I would incur if I had them fix it Here is the issue I have NEVER had any Dell Inspiron 8200 - configuration setup disabled passwords whatsoever on any portion of the system Dell Inspiron 8200 - configuration setup disabled and have formatted and started from scratch several times in the past with no issues whatsoever In attempting my most recent reinstall of Windows XP Pro it came to my attention that somehow my boot order had changed and was no longer booting from the CD Rom drive first Perplexing but no biggie knew just how to remedy that issue or so I thought Upon entering setup to update the boot order I learned that my quot Configuration setup - Disabled quot It is showing that there is now for the very first time ever an administrator password on the machine that I have never set and I am not even allowed access to try to crack it After getting the proverbial F-You from Dell I took matters into my own hands and started asking around I was given a file to burn to a CD told to remove my hard drive and hit F when starting up to enter the Boot Menu to choose the CD Rom Drive and run the program that would assuredly be the end of my headaches No such luck Hitting F does NOTHING at all and furthermore I get the error quot Fixed Optical Drive Not Found - No Bootable Devices quot To make matters worse when I decided to abort that plan put my hard drive back in place and started the machine IT WON quot T BOOT AT ALL NOW I don t even so much as get an error to work with just a black screen with a white quot working quot bar that NEVER progresses I have verified that there was no damage done to the hard drive by installing it into another machine with no issue at all I have to believe there is a way to fix this without investing in a new computer I have several others many newer but this is my favorite laptop Any help will be appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 8200 - configuration setup disabled

Since you are unable to boot, it will be difficult to help you.
Wait until you are rested, and relaxed, then take a look at your BIOS and setup, using F2 and F12.
There you will find ways to change the setup.
You may have damaged a ribbon cable to the hard drive, or it may not be properly connected, or the drive is worn out.
The reason the store laughed at your computer is the memory is expensive and inadequate when maxed out... But the 8200 itself is a decent computer for everyday work.
Take some time with a strong light to clean out the dust and dirt, then trace down all your computer cables so you can get the right cable to the correct spot.
Disconnect everything but the memory, the hard drive, and the power supply as a start so you don't have so many things to figger out... Then once it is working, we can help with the improvements.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-8200-configuration-setup-disabled.148671/
Relevancy 24.51%

I just got ATI 5850 and a more powerful PSU which start to raise my hardware temp.. the cpu temp is fine, but the graphics card is about 49 celcius and the motherboard is at 63 celcius. the fan is at about 1900round/min when i am not gaming. i think this is little high... so could I do anything like adding an additional fan or something else to improve this situation?

thx in advance!!

A:How to make my new setup cooler?

The graphics card temp isn't horrid. Like I said in the other thread, if the 63c is your idle NB temp. for 20 bucks you can get a decent NB cooler to bring it down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-make-my-new-setup-cooler.149063/
Relevancy 23.22%

I m looking for a little help if someone would be so kind because I m a bit out of my setup network? - real router, server boxes multiple multipe IPs, One normal depth with this I m putting together a small home network well I guess large compared to some where I have three desktops connected to my router by wireless I also have a CentOS Apache ISPConfig server box and a WinServer k IIS server One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network? box My intention is to connect both of these servers to the router in such a way that each has One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network? it s own real IP Registered domain names would then be pointed at either the IP of One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network? the Apache server or the IIS server and so the router would deliver the traffic to the appropriate box according to which IP the domain is pointed at To those ends I ve purchased a block of IP addresses from my ISP Having just called them I ve been instructed that the IP block I ve bought are my internal IP addresses and that once I ve set them up on the router in this way they should work I ve never actually done this before and my networking experience doesn t really stretch past the very basics of home networking and so I have very little idea of what kind of options I need to use to set this up on the router - there are things in there that are more advanced than I understand Could anybody please point me in the right direction nbsp

A:One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network?

Regular SOHO routers such as a linksys will not let you manage multiple static IP's. You will need an enterprise class VPN/firewall/router such as a Sonicwall to do that. I assume you want one IP for your web server, one for FTP and so on.. all pointing to different servers/nics. I would suggest a Sonicwall Pro 2040 or Pro 3060. I've seen both on ebay (used) for a reasonable price (around $300). Keep in mind these boxes go for about $1500 to $2000 and up (retail). There are other products from other vendors such as Cisco which will be significantly more. You will need a router in bridge mode (or a bridge) between your WAN connection and the Sonicwall. A regular linksys may suffice for this. There may be other solutions to this but this is one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-router-multipe-real-ips-multiple-server-boxes-setup-network.148979/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi,

I am trying to set up my Gateway DX4300-19 Desktop PC for dual monitors. The problem I am having is that the second monitor is not accepting the signal and or not getting the signal. I am not very tech savvy so I may be completely wrong with this so here it goes:

My video card is a ATI Radeon HD 3200 integrated.

So this is how I'm trying to set it up and if I'm completely wrong please tell me what to do.

On the back panel of my desktop there is a VGA output and a HDMI output. I have the VGA going to my desktop Monitor its a gateway.

And Im trying to use the HDMI into my LCD TV as it is hung above my desktop anyway.

Am I doing something wrong or will it just not work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-multiple-monitor-setup.147900/
Relevancy 21.5%

My Dell D started acting up recently When I would key setup..." to Dell D505 "Strike beeps continue, twice to writes and F2 run F1 the boot sometimes it would beep or times short beeps no long pauses and then go to Windows no problems Sometimes it would beep times and write quot Strike the F key to continue F to run the setup utility quot Nothing else no other diagnostics Hitting either F or F would not work and I had to power down and power up again then it would work normally Starting from today it beeps times writes quot Strike the F key to continue F to run the setup utility quot and no amount of power downs helps F and F don t work either however I discovered by accident that hitting Fn F actually Dell D505 beeps twice and writes "Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run setup..." gets me to the first page of the setup while hitting Fn F gets me to the th page In setup I Dell D505 beeps twice and writes "Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run setup..." ve disabled internal modem and all the other peripherals removed everything but the HDD and CDROM from the boot sequence changed POST to thorough mode but nothing helps I ve tried reseating RAM I ve tried booting without the HDD It would then at least write that primary disk was not found disassembling the laptop and plugging unplugging the keyboard touchpad connectors Nothing Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Dell D505 beeps twice and writes "Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run setup..."

Some component of the hardware is bad... could be anything... and the beep codes help tell what it is. There is a list of beep codes posted by tipstir, I believe, elsewhere on this TechSpot site.

Have you tried booting to SAFE MODE by repeately depressing the <F8> key as soon as you depress the power button? If it boots to SAFE MODE you know it is repairable.

Otherwise, trouble shoot for power supply failure, hard drive failure, cpu fan failing, modem or ethernet socket, video graphics card... ore even sound card... any defective component can cause an alert.
Or it could be overheating due to lint, dirt, dust in the fan or cooling channels.
When you try booting without the HDD, at least put a bootable CD into the optical drive.
Good luck. Let us know your diagnosis.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d505-beeps-twice-and-writes-strike-the-f1-key-to-continue-f2-to-run-setup.147199/
Relevancy 45.15%

Right ok, I have a probably simple request, but its baffling me. I need to have my iPod and PC download emails. But I need it so that, if i delete an email of my iPod, it isn't there on my PC, and vice versa. But I need it too so that if I download the emails to my iPod, I can still access them on my PC.

I'm using a firefox extension called SimpleMail, that has options for POP3 and IMAP, and is useful and quick compared to thunderbird for me.

I've tried it, but just can't figure it out! A detailed step-by-step guide, would be HUGELY appreciated. Probably put this in the wrong section too, but its the best I could think off.

A:Email setup help needed, for iPod and PC!

Basicaly any email account with IMAP would be able to do that: Gmail, MobileMe & even Yahoo! offer such services.

Emails are available on all the machines using the IMAP account & even your replies are copied over to all the machines so you can still access them from another machine than the one where you wrote them from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-setup-help-needed-for-ipod-and-pc.146334/
Relevancy 24.08%

Just got a new P55A-UD6 and two SATA3 6GB/s drives and would like to do a fresh RAID O and OS installation. Sure I will connect the two drives to SATA connectors "GSATA_6" and "GSATA_7" which are controlled by Marvell chip (for SATA3 6GB/s). Then I go to the BIOS / Integrated Peripherals / GSATA 6_7 Controller and make it "Enabled". Then to GSATA 6_7 Ctrl Mode.

Now the question is: in GSATA 6_7 Ctrl Mode, which option should I choose for RAID O setup? It only has "IDE" and "AHCI" but NO "RAID" option???

To cut the long story short, how do I enable the RAID funtion on Marvell 9128 chip?

A:RAID O setup on Gigabyte P55A-UD6

Gigabyte's manual should cover RAID setup. I've owned a few gigabyte boards, and they always cover RAID setups quite well.

The other possibility is that RAID might not be enabled for that 2 SATA ports. Not all SATA ports are covered by the NB, which is why they usually have different colours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-o-setup-on-gigabyte-p55a-ud6.146300/
Relevancy 24.51%

ok so here it is:

i've had a westell 6100 modem/router with a netgear router for some time, but im now facing some issues since i've switched routers to a trendnet 652. Although i have att, i found some guides for that same modem but for verizon. so, what i was told to do was to disable the DHCP on the modem, and swtich the modem to BRIDGED instead of PPPoE. I then set the router to PPPoE and left its DHCP on. Thing is, i seem to have internet with a ethernet cable coming from the router rather that with the wireless broadcast. any ideas about what could be going on?:suspiciou

A:Modem/router setup help

disabling dhcp on the modem will probably not fix your issue and you cant switch to bridged mode on the router and have dhcp disabled on the modem otherwise you wont get any connection unless you have set a static ip. connect up to the internet on the wire and run an ipconfig and find out which router is currently serving you internet connection.this will make it a little easier. everything SHOULD have worked fine with all of the default settings (DHCP on both devices). what happens when you use everything with default settings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-router-setup-help.145490/
Relevancy 24.51%

Need to reinstall a network using a HughesNet 2wire modem, a Dlink router and a Linksys router. If the 2wire is 192.168.0.1, what are the ip addresses for the Dlink, Linksys and computer? The Linksys is supposed to be a range extender. Can someone help? I appreciate it.

A:Lan setup configuration

Why two routers?
What are you trying to accomplish?
What models?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-setup-configuration.144626/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok! Here I have a Asus ADSL modem, AM602 and there is a problem whit making it work. So need your experience to solve this.

Here is some screen shots:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-adsl-modem-on-windows-7.144730/
Relevancy 24.51%

i am building a computer for the first time and have a list of parts i am buying i will be useing Help build please on setup the computer for world of warcraft and school i want to be able to play WoW with little lag and be satisfied with it here is the list Sony Optiarc X DVD CD Rewritable Drive Black Help on build setup please SATA Model AD- S- B Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Western Digital Caviar Blue WD AAKS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive GIGABYTE GA-MA GM-US H AM AM AM AMD G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard SAPPHIRE L Radeon HD Juniper XT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card BFG Tech GS- W ATX V V EPS V V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply Microsoft Comfort Curve Value Pack - OEM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRM AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ FBGMBOX if i am missing anything important please let me know thank you nbsp

A:Help on build setup please

what about a monitor and the OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-build-setup-please.143605/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a eMachine T and the motherboard which was an AM burned up in it I bought a new powersupply and also a new setup New won't Windows files copy motherboard motherboard I could not New motherboard won't Windows setup copy files find an AM but found an AM L which the seller told me would work fine in my computer I have an AMD Athlon processor I completely formatted my harddrive and was prepared to install Windows XP Professional It went through New motherboard won't Windows setup copy files the process of examining my system When setup got ready to copy files it kept saying it couldn t copy most every file it tried to copy When the copy prtion was complete I New motherboard won't Windows setup copy files got the quot Setup cannot set the required Windows XP configuration Information This indicates an internal Setup error Contact your system administrator quot The motherboard is showing ram in both and locations and showing all other hardware that is installed Why am I getting this error Is this motherboard not compatible with Windows XP is there a setup I gotta do to the motherboard before I install XP nbsp

A:New motherboard won't Windows setup copy files

does the windows cd have scratches, if it does that's your problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-wont-windows-setup-copy-files.142746/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey :

1st lemme say that neither me nor my friend know anything about router to router setups, so we need to know a few things. He's got a TP-Link W542G v4 wireless router, and a D-Link wired router, he wants to setup a 2 router environment and in the TP-Link config subnet can only be set as 255.255.255.0 or 255.255.0.0 nothing else ...

How do we set things up so all his 4 PCs work as well as wireless connection for iPhone ?

P.S : D-Link HAS to be the one connected to Internet via WAN .... Not TP-Link !

Please help !

A:Router To Router Setup

connect thusly

Code:

modem-- {wan}router#1{lan} --- {lan}router#2 {lan}--- other systems
| |
+ --- wired or wireless +-- wired or wireless

on router#2, disable the DHCP feature

router#1 will now control ALL systems and print/file sharing is also possible

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-to-router-setup.141529/
Relevancy 24.08%

I'm having trouble within my hard drive.

When I startup the machine tells me there is no hard disks detected, when I go into the BIOS it says it finds my hard drive. When I try to load windows, I get a blue screen claiming:

UNMOUNTABLE_DRIVE_VOLUME

I followed the instructions from DELL and tried restoring factory settings, but although it told me I had a primary drive as my hard drive and secondary drive as my CD drive, it didn't do much else.

I tried deleting the partition through the windows setup but it told me it was "unable to delete the partition".

A friend suggested taking out one the non-Dell ram sticks to see if that would help - it didn't.

What else can I do?

A:PATA HDD not detected during windows xp home setup

What version of WINXP cd are you using? To be able to properly install a PATA drive you need minimum WINXPSP2 setup cd. If not a manual integration of a driver might be required for complete HD functionality.

Yes I know it sounds cray cause its IDE in theory but I have had problems in the past.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pata-hdd-not-detected-during-windows-xp-home-setup.141125/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi all,
I have an Alienware Aurora with 2TB of RAID 0 (2x1TB). I am thinking of adding a Patriot Torqx 128GB SSD to use as boot disk, and then using the 2TB of RAID 0 as data storage. How do I configure this in the BIOS? (or anywhere else if that's the case?)

A:How to add another seperate Hard Drive to RAID 0 setup?

Does anyone have help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-add-another-seperate-hard-drive-to-raid-0-setup.139811/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a Blackbird that has been running great for almost years Recently I started Powers System Setup Off getting some hard error that causes the system to shutdown When I power back up and use DEL to go into setup mode just after the setup screen appears the system powers off I have been Setup Powers Off System messing around Setup Powers Off System for a week trying all kinds of stuff If i go directly to a boot drive or CD the system comes up and runs fine I have run PC DOctor diagnostics on the running system and boot CD I have tested memory with memtest a and memetest and even replaced all of them with another set Motherboard is a ASUS Striker Extreme with Intel quad at G and Nvidia Ultras in or out of SLI mode Temperature is running C for motherboard and C CPU If I let the system set for days or more everything seems to run OK since I can get into setup mode Any one experince something like this All the water cooling is fine does the guew every losen up on the CPU At my end point can t figure out what is toasted at this point CPU mother board or maybe the PSU Only thing I have changed of the last quarter is Microsoft patches including Vista bit SP and Office If you have a clue thanks in advance Mark nbsp

A:Setup Powers Off System

Replace the power supply first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-powers-off-system.138662/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello All

Ok here is the question I have a Home made PC
Specs

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Northbridge NVIDIA GeForce 7050 rev. A2 {I think this is the motherboard}
Southbridge NVIDIA nForce 610i rev. A2 {I think this is the motherboard}

Graphic Interface PCI-Express x16
Ram Memory Type DDR2
Ram Memory Size 2048 MBytes
Memory Frequency 266.7 MHz (3:4)
512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
OS winxp

20" flat screen monitor.

Ok I have around 250 to 300 bucks what would you do to get the most out of this system UPGRADE. UPGRADE.

case size
17" tall
16-1/2" long
8" wide
thats about all i know of the case

Ok i did the dxdiag in the run command
this is what i got
Model: #GA-73VM-52
Manufacture: Gigabyte Technology Company
Intel Pentium{R} 4 CPU 3.00GHz {2 CPUS}
Thats it

A:250 bucks and this setup what would you do?

1. Sell computer (250 tops if you're lucky)
2. Save more money, (about 200)
3. Buy a decent 700 dollar machine
4 ?????
5. Profit!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/250-bucks-and-this-setup-what-would-you-do.138528/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a bit of guidance if possible.

My Dilemma:

I have 2 sets of speakers plugged in to my computer - one set in the speaker jack, the other in the line in (switched to rear output).
Until recently, everything worked fine, however now I am only getting sound from the right speakers from both jacks. There is no fault in any of the speakers. I've tried with only one set plugged in, and with them switched round - same result. Also the same result when I use headphones plugged in to the headphone jack at the front of my pc.

Device manager has indicated no fault in any drivers.
Rob

A:No sound from left side of quad setup. Speakers are fine

Hi Rob,
did you apply any Windows updates, install new hardware or change any settings that may have caused this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-left-side-of-quad-setup-speakers-are-fine.138238/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all I got a linksys cable modem which I am on works Cable D-link to modem internet. alone won't router setup though now and a Dlink WBR- Router First problem I have is that I can t get the router to connect to the internet I plug in everything right go through the online setup and after i push the connect button it either freezes or just goes right back to log in screen I also tried this in all browsers IE MOZILLA SAFARI Everything was working until my mom did something stupid and reseted the dlink router I also can t get my linksys modem to connect to xbox live to play D-link router won't setup to internet. Cable modem alone works though cod lol but I could always connect it when I had my router and modem hooked up I am running Windows D-link router won't setup to internet. Cable modem alone works though Vista and heres my ipconfig from the computer connected with the cable modem no router If anyone needs anything else please ask Microsoft D-link router won't setup to internet. Cable modem alone works though Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users user gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name SteffzJoint Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - E- - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E-EC-D -F -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a a b f e d e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday November PM Lease Expires Sunday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B-B -CE- - E-EC-D -F -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C F B-F - CE- - E FAFC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address aa eb aa eb Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a ef e e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe a ef e e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AC C F - CE- E -B B - BEC B br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users user gt nbsp

A:D-link router won't setup to internet. Cable modem alone works though

Hi;
I think I know what your problem is.

You need to reboot both the cable modem and the router, but it needs to be in this order:

Unplug power from both devices.

Re-check that all data cables are properly connected.

Wait at least 30 seconds

Re-connect power to he router ONLY

Wait for the router to complete boot (usually about 10 seconds or so)

Re-connect power to the cable modem, and wait for it to complete boot.

Router should indicate it had WAN connection, and cable modem should indicate that it has all connections.

Re-check your browser.

If this does not work, re-post. I have more steps, but I think this is all you will have to do.

The reason for this re-booting process is that when power is removed from the router, the cable modem tends to forget the address of the router.
The router needs to be fully booted before the cable modem is powered up, so that it will find the router.

I have always had to follow this procedure after a power outage.
I have cable modem from Cablevision (Optonline) in New Jersey.

Hope this works for you.

FW

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-router-wont-setup-to-internet-cable-modem-alone-works-though.138061/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi;
I have owned the system with the P5AD2-E Premium for nearly 5 years, and have used a RAID 0 configuration on the Silicon Image 3114R controller.
I also have a stand-alone SATA drive on the Intel ICH6R controller.

I am installing a new hard drive, with 32MB cache (compared to the 8MB the current drives have) as the main drive. I will partition this drive for Win XP Pro and Win 7 Ultimate, plus another partition for data and additional programs if needed.

I am not going to use RAID for the new setup, and am wondering whether I should put this drive on the Silicon Image 3114R or the Intel ICH6R controller for the best performance.
I will retain at least one other drive in the system for backup purposes. Performance of this drive is not particularly important.

Any advice?

Thanks

FW

A:Asus P5AD2-E Premium HDD setup question

Install Windows 7 first, then Windows XP Pro... I would put it on the Intel ICH6R... but both are so old that it really doesn't matter much... you probably have as much experience with it as anybody on this forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5ad2-e-premium-hdd-setup-question.137792/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-not-connected-in-microsoft-exchange-server.137647/
Relevancy 24.08%

Uses:
Browsing the web.
Photoshop will get some use...but not much.
No gaming.

Basically I'm looking for a computer that has a decent processor for fast web browsing. I have high quality cable so that's not the problem. The computer I'm using now is around seven years old so It's time to upgrade.

I'd like to keep the cost as low as possible $500 or less should be plenty for what I'm asking.

About 160GB of storage is plenty. I would like 3GB of ram and a CD/DVD Burner. And for the operating system I would like Windows 7 32 or 64-bit is fine.

Any advice on what to get?

A:Computer Advice, Simple Setup

For a computer to browse the web these should be more than enough:

AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz - $76.00
MSI 785GTM-E45 - $69.99
G.SKILL 2 x 1GB DDR2 1066 - $52.99
Western Digital Caviar Blue 160GB - $39.49
Sony Optiarc AD-7240S DVD Drive - $31.99

Total - $270.46

Will you be needing a case and a PSU as well?

Note: The mobo might require a BIOS update to support the processor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-advice-simple-setup.136484/
Relevancy 21.07%

My boyfriends mother gave me a dell computer that she messed up by triing to reformatt it. I can't for the life of me figure out the password, she told me what it was but it doesn't work. I tried to run setup from the dell loading screen but it says "keyboard failure" but the keyboard works just fine to guess at passwords. It says the same thing if I try to run the boot menu and boot the OS from disc. Would someone please help me, I really need to get this computer up and running and my hands are tied....thanks.

A:XP Pro reformatted, can't log in, can't run setup, says "keyboard failure"

We can help you with a lot of things, but not passwords. TechSpot, as a matter of policy, does not get involved with password issues.
Tell us brand, model, and hardware configuration of your computer... including the Service Tag off the label on the back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-pro-reformatted-cant-log-in-cant-run-setup-says-keyboard-failure.136013/