Windows Support Forum

Access 2007 Database Open event

Q: Access 2007 Database Open event

Hi I have a table which only ever has one record in it at a Access 2007 event Open Database time This record is created during the use of the database so when you first open the database there is Access 2007 Database Open event no record If the database is closed properly using buttons etc i have created then the record is deleted and the table is empty However if for some unforseen reason the database crashes or is closed a different way the record will not be deleted Because of this i d like to know what control you can have either when the database is first opened or when it is closed by any method of closing i e can i delete the record by default on opening the database Could i delete the record by default on closing the database Or if neither is possible is there a way Access 2007 Database Open event to drop and re create the table while opening or closing the database Help always appreciated Cheers Lewis nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Access 2007 Database Open event

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Access 2007 Database Open event

I normally have a splash form load that handles this type of stuff.

You could also use an macro named AutoExec that will be automatically run when the database loads.

You can use either of these methods to run an delete query to empty the table.

It also never hurts to also delete the record on close.

I use a main menu for that will not allow Access to close unless the user click the "exit" command button. This way I can be sure that code runs when the database is closed. This only takes a few lines of VBA code to implement. Let me know if you are interested in how to do this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-database-open-event.956039/
Relevancy 76.97%

I m trying to get the results of Access queries to be linked to an Excel workbook I ve been using the Data tab in Excel clicking the quot From Access quot button in the upper left / - 2007 to database Access Solved: a 2007 Excel Linking and choosing Solved: Access 2007 / Excel 2007 - Linking to a database the Access database Then it asks what query I want to link The problem arises when I try to link a specific query which we ll call qry x This query is based on Solved: Access 2007 / Excel 2007 - Linking to a database several other queries one of which is qry z Frustratingly when I try to link qry x to the Excel workbook I get an error Solved: Access 2007 / Excel 2007 - Linking to a database message that says that Access can t find qry z and suggests maybe I spelled the name incorrectly However qry z definitely exists as part of the database and when I run qry x which is based on qry z in Access the correct results are displayed with no error Note qry x is the only query this is happening to I can link any other query with no problem at all including qry z What could be going wrong Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Hello, sometimes I get the following error message in the Event Log during startup:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 877
Date: 29.09.2005
Time: 5:22:17 PM
User: N/A
Computer: AMD
Description:
There was error [DATABASE OPEN FAILED] processing the driver database.

Does anybody have an idea of what database it may talk about? I do not run any type of self-installed databases on my system.

The system is a very fresh and clean install of Windows XP SP2 English

A:Event ID 877 - Database Open Failed

Doing a search on the web I found this -

This is a bug where drvmain.sdb is not owned by any component, it should be
owned by the App Compat Core component and the file should be copied to
%systemroot%\AppPatch folder.
The file DRVMAN.SDB is the "bad driver database" so when a driver is loaded
PnP checks this database and if any drivers need to be blocked, they will
act accordingly.
Manually adding this file to the AppPatch subfolder resolves the error, even
though the error is harmless.
I also found this -

From a newsgroup post: "I think you are missing “drvmain.sdb”. I think “drvmain.sdb” is included in Q824704. Installing this hotfix should fix this problem. If it does not, copy the file “drvmain.sdb” to “C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch” and the error is solved".

I'ld say install the hotfix or copy over the sdb file and see if the errors stop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-id-877-database-open-failed.403129/
Relevancy 76.11%

Here's the question- how do I open a form in an existing database from another db in Access 2010 using VBA and give it focus. I can open the external db and it's form but cannot figure how to give it focus. I'm trying to create a master form that will call various databases that each have a form. Seems simple, open the master menu, click on a button that then opens the called db and the associated form. Do my business exit the db and am back at the master form. I would be okay to just close the master db, all it has it the main menu or leave it open. Doesn't matter which I just want to open the called db and form and have its focus.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/how-to-open-existing-database-from-another-database-using-access-vba.4070487/
Relevancy 73.1%

According to what I've read, Access 2010 uses the same database format as Access 2007. So this should mean I can open and run a 2007 database (with a lot of VBA code) in Access 2010 with no trouble, yes?

So why do I have the feeling that something is not going to work? Is it because I have been through to many Access upgrades?

A:Any problems using Access 2007 database with Access 2010?

Hi bbinnard,

If you have not purchase Access 2010 yet, what I'd recommend is....download the Trial Version and play around with it for quite a while.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/191698-any-problems-using-access-2007-database-access-2010-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Everyone I am new to techguy so if I am posting this in the wrong forum please point me to in the right direction I am working on a database project that involves skip tracing loan borrowers and cosigners who have bad phone numbers The process begins with a list that includes their names SSN last known address email address loan number balances charge off status and how many days past due After the list is work it gets added to an excel spreadsheet with new information such as phone number accounts that were found gets added to the bal found column charge off accounts gets added to the charge off column track source is added in I am designing a database to help Access 2007 Database keep track of resolved account their balances how many times the account have been Access 2007 Database review last date of review and so forth Again I am new to database and this is a real world app I am working on just started and I am stuck on the table and relationship I am attaching a screen shot of the tables I have so any suggestions and input will highly be appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi Solved: Database 2007 MS Access I started using the Call Tracker template on MS Access for a new Call Logging System at work I am having trouble linking different fields to one another On the Call Lists page I have created Solved: MS Access 2007 Database new text box fields in design view However I can t get these fields to link with fields I created in the Call Details design view I have followed the same format the existing fields i e Title is in but I can t seem to get them to link properly I think it is done by using the Control Source but as I hae no experience on Access I m not sure if I am doing it right As well as this I need the text entered in these text fields to populate fields below it with information from another database that I have imported into the Call Tracker For example if I have three fields called Company Name Company ID and Customer ID and when text is entered into Company ID it looks up that ID in the other database and enters the required text Company Name Customer Name into the corresponding fields Any help would be appreciated Regards Archie nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

I have an Access 2007 database. On the main form there is a command button that opens a table. If the user adds a record to the table, how would I requery the combobox on the form to show that new record?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2007-database.753223/
Relevancy 71.81%

when trying to open an access database i get the following error:

'the expression On Open you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support this set of events.'

I know next to nothing about access databases, anyone got any idea what's wrong or how to fix it?

A:Access 2007 database error

matt, welcome to the Forum.
It sounds like Access has a Form to open when you open the database, it is usually a Switchboard.
Does the Error message include a "Debbug" button?
Can you still look at the database after the error message?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-database-error.880549/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have been searching for a while for the answer to my question with very little luck. So I thought that I would ask on how to this without my file becoming so large in my tables.

My issue is that I am trying to figure out how to do a long range schedule with no consistent work schedule. Things are constantly changing where I work and need a better way to track who is suppose to work what days. Is there something that I am missing in database design to figure this out.

A:Access 2007 Database for Scheduling

Zedrenael, welcome to the Forum.
I am not sure what your problem is regarding "how to this without my file becoming so large in my tables".
I can't work with Access 2007 only Access 2000-2003.
Can you show me Screen Shot of your Table Relationships?
Can you provide a brief description of what the currrent database does?
I have created a few "Appointment" type databases which is similar in concept to Scheduling so if I knew what you were trying to do I may be able to help.
I am in the UK and I am about to sign of the Forum, but I will be back on tomorrow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-database-for-scheduling.1029246/
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm in the process of trying to teach myself Access 2007 and write a training database for my company all at once. The problem I'm stuck on at the moment is logging training for the employees. I have a table that has all the employee info (name, id, etc) and a table that has the training info in it (class name, date taken, instructor). What I need to be able to do is show the name of the class, the date and all the employees on the screen at once and then easily register them as having attended the class, preferably with a check box or something. Thanks for any suggestions.

A:Access 2007 Training Database

If you search this forum you are likely to find posts on a training database.
What you need is a "Many to Many" Linking or Joining Table. This table holds the EmployeeID and the CourseID from the other 2 tables plus any other data you might need, like pass level etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-training-database.839207/
Relevancy 71.38%

I know a backend database should Open Form and on running database computer another a Timer Access an Close on open only consist of tables but I have a backend database that appends and truncates SQL tables Access Open and Close a Timer Form running on an open database on another computer in order to prioritize production orders I Access Open and Close a Timer Form running on an open database on another computer reinitiate the set of queries every minutes using a blank timer form Since this form must always be open for the timer to work I have the backend database and timer form always open on an under utilized PC Overall this setup is working well for me but there is a scenario where I would like to be able to close the timer form so that the tables are not updated every minutes Then I would like to be able to reopen the timer form I would rather not have to train my users to remote desktop to the open database to close the form and then remote desktop to open the form Is there a way to give my users the ability to close open a timer form running on an open database on a second computer nbsp

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/access-open-and-close-a-timer-form-running-on-an-open-database-on-another-computer.4065105/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello

I am using Access 2007 under Vista in a Server 2003 environment.

The user has full rights to the DB and to the PC.

The database code appends a table and then exports the table to a folder on the PC. I get the message:

Database or object not updatable.

I use this exact code in Access2003 on several other work environments with no issue. I can export manually from this database.

Any ideas???
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-database-or-object-not-updatable.664602/
Relevancy 70.95%

I am very novice at Access and have gone through most of the Microsoft online training tutorials but in building my database I feel there is a key point missing that will enable my database to work fluidly I am buliding a project management database At the end of the day I need to be able to view high level details about a project its budget and completion status I have created the main table for this with the appropriate headers My main confusion is how to get all of the information relationship and trouble Access 2007, database to work in sync I know have tables created each with specific breakdowns and any information data that would be entered regarding a project ie Dates budget completion status Person of contacts location etc I guess I m having trouble putting the last piece of the puzzle together to get these tables to interact with each other There are some Access 2007, database and relationship trouble fields that I need to auto populate taking the information from other tables I am just not sure how to go about it nbsp

A:Access 2007, database and relationship trouble

Without detailed information about the tables it will be very difficult to help you.

Do you have a question?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-database-and-relationship-trouble.949133/
Relevancy 70.95%

Greetings I m trying to develop design a very simple Access database that will allow me to create invoices Invoices Auto numbered invoices Ability to select the customer code and then Database - Invoicing form Access 2007 display the customer name balance of open invoices Able to select inventory info rows with item unit price quantity row total etc Invoice info and total should be able to be viewed under a tab in the Customer Master Able to key in a payment receipt details in a seperate tab under each invoice multiple rows which will allow for printing of a Receipt document vs total invoice if there is an example of partial payments Payment receipt can not exceed the invoice total Access 2007 Database - Invoicing form All invoices in total should be able to be updated backwards in regards to total on the Customer Master I m able to create the master data like Customer Master Employee Master Inventory Master but I have no idea on where and how to start with the Invoice area Any help would be great nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi folks,

I made my database with a user interface. I have been using my desktop PC at work.
When I tried to query it (I was successful in opening it) with my personal laptop, I got this message:

"Your network access was interrupted. To continue, close the database, and then open it again"

Of course the patch they suggest, doesn't work...

Could you help me?

Thank for your time.
Have a good one

stefano

Relevancy 70.95%

Hey all I m currently creating a database as a project and I have nearly finished it but I have run into some major problems that I just can t seem to figure out I have three tables in my database TBLPRODUCT TBLSELLER and Database 2007 Access problems :( Solved: TBLPRODUCTSELLER The primary keys from TBLPRODUCT and TBLSELLER have been stored as foreign keys in TBLPRODUCTSELLER with the relationship to it from the two other tables being one-to-many Anyway I ve created a form that allows the user to view products from TBLPRODUCT I did this by creating a query that fetches all of the fields from TBLPRODUCT and places them onto the form Additionally I created a combobox that allows users to filter the records by the category so for instance electronics furniture etc However as each product has seller information attached to it which Solved: Access 2007 Database problems :( is linked by the primary keys of the TBLPRODUCT and TBLSELLER tables which are called PRODUCTID and SELLERID respectively I need that information to be viewable in the form for each record also so for instance I need the Seller First Name Seller Surname and Seller Telephone information for each product to be viewable The problem is that when I edit the query in the form to allow fields from TBLSELLER to be placed onto the form the form no longer works and now displays no records at all I don t want to use a subform because I just want the fields to look like the Product fields that are already on the form plus I already tried making a subform and it didn t work I am relatively new to databases and I m not proficient with code so if this can be solved without any code that would be great Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Question:
I have a form that shows the user all their inputs for the day in a list box - they can click on a record and be presented with that input so that they may make changes and edit their input.

The coding to collect the primary key from their list works - I can show it on the new form BUT
how do I open the table so that it populates the form. Or do I have to collect all the fields in embedded SQL in VB - assign them to unbound fields in the form and when the user has finished editing, I have to use VB to update the fields.

I really hope there is an easier way to do this than the VB way.

Relevancy 70.09%

I am a beginner trying to design a customer database in Access for my company They sent me to full days of classes on Access and I am still having trouble I mostly understand all of the basic concepts of Access but the design part is hard for me I half understand the point of normalizing and am having trouble with the concept that nothing can be repeated Every customer has a different amount on of Solved: Access Help in 2007 customer design database of information Some customers have addresses physical and mailing some don t Some customers have email addresses and phone number and some have email address and phone number In my database I want to include -Customer name -Address es -Phone number s -Fax numbers s -Email s -Contact Person s Solved: Help on design of customer database in Access 2007 -Notes Section Pretty much the same info as a contact card in outlook but in database form So from what I learned in class my understanding is that anything that has more than one option should be made into a separate table Then you should link them up through the relationships What is the most efficient way to design this Please help My boss thinks that this should be a super easy task and it s not for me nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

I have a 2007 database split to allow multiple users input information. One of the subforms on a form is not allowing input. The Record Sources check out all the way to the back end.

I am stumped! Please help.

A:2007 Access Database Subform not allowing additions

Can you Convert the database to Access 2003 format?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2007-access-database-subform-not-allowing-additions.1047969/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have an "Unrecognized database format" error on access 2007 every time I try to open the file this pops up how do I fix it???

A:Access 2007...Unrecognized Database Format Error...

See if this helps: Unrecognized Database Format - Fix Corrupt Database

http://www.vistax64.com/software/295693-access-2007-unrecognized-database-format-error.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I am building a database to track and manage Sales, Customers, Products, Orders, etc. and am running into some difficulties. I have an orderform with a subform detailing the products the customer ordered. I need to have a conditional total as each product has two "Prices". The three totals are conditional on a Field called Free. If Free is true the item costs one price (and is negative) while it costs another if Free is false. I am getting a #Error message on my total field in the subform footer. I have a query that the subform pulls from that sorts by an IIF statement for based on the Free field, these fields are calculating correctly but not totaling.

This database is based on one origally built by Cosla in this thread.

I appreciate any help I can get on this issue, I hope to have this working by tomorrow at 5PM Pacific.

A:Building a database in Access 2007, having problems getting a total from a subform

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-database-in-access-2007-having-problems-getting-a-total-from-a-subform.948459/
Relevancy 69.23%

I created an application in Access with a form and database I have to make it a client server type app now I need to put just the database and report files on the server for users to use Each will have the form portion of the app The app will now have to connect to the Access database on the server I need to know the best approach to connecting to the database this way and how to use record locking Originally I could just use CurrentDB on the form as it was integrated with the database But to connect to the database on the server I tried using a connection locking? & on connecting to database server record Access 2007 object and creating a recordset that way But I don t seem to be able to lock the record ussing existing things like the recordset locktype property or setting the Recordlocks property on the form Please help me figure out the best method of the various ones to connect to the database on the server as in ADODB DAO database object or whatever and how to use record locking so the users cannot have the same record open at the same time Thank you Valhalla nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

I have found from several forums and support sites including Microsoft that many users are asking solution for the error generating by MS Access 2010 or 2007 while running their custom made Access 2003 database usually after after upgrade.
The error is showing as "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: The expression you entered has a function name that Microsoft Office Access can't find."

The solution is as below:
This error is causing due to disabled macro setting by default. So you will need to enable the macro as per the following method.
Go to File > Options > Trust Center
Then Click on "Trust Center Settings".
Here click on the Option " Show the Message Bar ... ..."
Re-open the Access File in exclusive mode
Now click on the yellow message bar on to to enable macro..... ..... problem solved.

A:Access 2010 or 2007 upgrade error for 2003 database

Welcome to TSG and I appreciate the pro-active post.

A another solution is to learn the Trust Center. In there you can enable all macros.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2010-or-2007-upgrade-error-for-2003-database.1091718/
Relevancy 69.23%

Greetings I'm a new member and this is my Access Not In When Users Database Responding 2007 Multiple (vista) first Access 2007 Not Responding When Multiple Users In Database (vista) post - bare with me I'm curious if any of you have had issue with Access on Vista in a multi-user environment I recently upgraded a clients office from XP to Vista and also upgraded their MS office package to They were previously using office Their CRM was located within an Access MDB Since the installation the database was upgraded from MDB to ACCDB to The database is located on a server which is a trusted location within the new trust 'feature' of Access Database size is mb network is mb Performance previously was nearly instant Since the upgrade the application will stop responding when switching back and forth between windows say Internet Explorer then back to Access for several seconds Queries that took second now take I'm kind of stumped at the moment With one user in the database it works just fine Performance degrades the more users open the database I'm sure it has something to do with security settings either on vista in the new version of access or both Please respond if you've ran into a similar issue or can point me in the right direction Thanks --Jake

A:Access 2007 Not Responding When Multiple Users In Database (vista)

Jake the problem isn't your access, it is your network. Vista has a dynamically adjusting IP setting. This is a common problem with Vista/2000 Server. Copy to a command file and right click "run as Administrator" or login in as administrator and start, run, cmd. Type in the dos window.

netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108028/access-2007-not-responding-when-multiple-users-in-database-vista/
Relevancy 68.8%

I currently have a small store room inventory database in access 2007. I would like to set up a form that allowed users to search a few columns via text box and a button. The search would return all records found in a datagrid. But it has not been an easy task. Any direction on how to get this accomplished would be helpful. I can do some programming in vb.net.

Is it possible to do this in Access or do I need to use vb.net?
Thank you,
t

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vb-net-search-access-databound-2007-database-and-return-results-to-a-datagrid.917903/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am configuring a new machine with Windows Vista Home Basic and trying to access a database on a Windows XP professional machine acting as a server.. this is a peer to peer network..

I am running Microsoft Access 2002..

When I click on the icon it opens Microsoft access, but then I get an error that says

"Microsoft Access cannot open this file"
" This file is located outside your intranet or on an untrusted site. Microsoft Access will not open this file due to potential security problems."

It opens it fine if I copy the file to this computer..

What am I missing???

Both pc's are in the same workgroup and the file has security set for full access to everyone..

Thanks for any help..

A:Cannot open Access database

romlisys, can you create a new Blank Database on the "Server", close it and then open that?
If you can then I would suggest that you open that database and "Import" everything from the copy of the original on your computer (that you can open). You will need to import all of the
Tables, Queries, Forms, Reports, Macros and Modules. It is very quick because you can use "Select all" for each section.

If you can't open a new Blank database it would suggest that you have some "Folder" permission type problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-access-database.811304/
Relevancy 67.94%

I am a complete noob at VBA for access, I have a table field with the variable "Tx Plan Date (2)", all I need is a msgbox to pop up if this date is more than 180 days from the current date, I don't want it to do anything, it will be just a warning with an OK button.

Can anyone help? Do you need more info?

Thanks!

PS.. this is just a text field with an input mask of 99/99/9999

A:After event handler MS Access 2007

You can't pop anything up from a table. You could very easily create a form based on a query that would filter out those records where the plan date is greater than or equal to 180 days from todays date.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-event-handler-ms-access-2007.1047818/
Relevancy 67.94%

How do I set the an MSACCESS 2010 database to only open in Exclusive use -- within the database itself? I realize you can set a shortcut to open it a database in Exclusive Use mode with the /excl option on the open statement however it seems to me that anyone could create a new shortcut without the the EXCL option and defeat your intentions.

Relevancy 67.94%

How does one open a MS Access file in Word Perfect?
Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 67.08%

When opening Microsoft Access, the norm is to have a samller window inside the large window pop up that says the type of data base. Then you can click on the icon inside to open up the database. Well, someone in my office closed out the smaller window and I can't figure out how to get it back. I tried looking in the recent history to no avail.

I know this is a stupid question, but I can't figure it out and the database holds my list of clients which I desperately need. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 66.65%

I have a form that I set the recordsource in the Form Open Event. When this code line executes (Me.Recordsource = strSQL), the program flow skips the following line items in the Open procedure and immediately starts running the Load Event procedure. When the Load Event finishes, the program flow jumps back to the Open Event, finishing the remaining line items and then proceeds to the Load Event (as it should) starting that event all over again.

What may be causing this?

A:Solved: MS Access 2007 OnLoad Event firing twice

Well I used this phenomenon to my advantage. In the form's Open Event I parsed some info and then set an integer variable to 0. Then the me.recordsource = strSQL executes and the program jumps into the Load event. After the Load event finishes, the OnCurrent event fires. I simply bracketed all the OnCurrent code with "If intVar = 1 Then ... End If" so it doesn't execute. Then the program jumps back to the Open Event. I then set the integer variable to 1 and open a recordset clone to find the record I am interested in and set the bookmark (me.bookmark = rs.bookmark) forcing the OnCurrent event to fire again, thus skipping the Load Event. This time intvar is 1 and all the OnCurrent code executes from now on.
From everything I have read your not supposed to be able to navigate records in the Open Event, but I am currently doing it. Hopefully this is purposeful and not a bug and can be exploited further. If it is a bug, well I will be fixing code later on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ms-access-2007-onload-event-firing-twice.702130/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am experiencing symptoms similar to Microsoft Article ID: 819780...
(Here's the link: hxxp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819780 )

Shortly after opening any database file Access stops responding and
generates an error:

AppName: msaccess.exe AppVer: 11.0.6355.0 AppStamp:40aa97a8
ModName: msaccess.exe ModVer: 11.0.6355.0 ModStamp:40aa97a8
fDebug: 0 Offset: 000fb140

There is more information in the file that Access wants to send off to
Microsoft, but the file is huge and I don't know where/what to look at to
narrow this problem down.

I tried the solution(s) listed in Article ID: 819780 but it had no affect.
Is anyone either familiar with this error, or know how to decipher the error
file to figure out what is going on?

Thanks.

A:Access 2003 stops responding when I open a database file

DOes this happen with every DB you attempt to open or only a specific file?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2003-stops-responding-when-i-open-a-database-file.355084/
Relevancy 63.21%

I ve built a reasonably complex database system that maintains bookings attendances timetables payments etc for a music tuition school using Access as both the front and back end sigh only because that s all I have to database error... Access "3734" 2007 lock work with Apart from all of the little annoying bugs and restrictive designs I ve come across an error quot the database has been placed in a state by user admin quot commonly referred Access 2007 "3734" database lock error... to as error I ve scoured the net for similar issues and every one of the problems I ve found discussed refers to either multi-user databases or opening and closing the mdb repeatedly My problem is this is a single user database only one PC is connected to the database in any way and it only occurs when I try to run any of the design wizards either chart wizard or combo box wizard etc I ve tried restarting the PC opening the database without running ANY macros or forms and designing a new form chart wizard BAM error pops up can t create any charts Could this be because the database is corrupted I would have thought I d get other errors if this was so and so far I haven t except the odd debug due to coding errors Now even more strange after doing NOTHING different sometimes maybe out of times it works as per normal no locking errors Any thoughts or ideas would be hugely appreciated As an afterthought I d like Access 2007 "3734" database lock error... to re-design the db interface on a more stable platform anyone have any suggestions on what database back-end is easy to maintain and import access data into and what front end is relatively easy to work with and stable I was thinking MySQL and VB nbsp

A:Access 2007 "3734" database lock error...

I stay away from Access these days specifically because of problems like this. I can't offer you much help with the problem other than to say that I think your project probably is corrupted, but at least your data probably isn't. You may be able to re-create it in Access by attaching the mdb file to a new db project and then copying and pasting a lot of your forms and functions over, one at a time, testing after each step so that you will hopefully catch the problem and not transfer it to the new project.

I would definitely recommend getting out of Access. MySql and VB is not a bad idea. I think, however, that, since you are used to Access, you might have an easier time transitioning to SQLServer (Microsoft SQL varies in some key areas from the pure SQL you'd use with MySQL). Also, the free version of SQLServer is probably easier to install and configure (on a local machine) than MySQL.

Depending on your needs, I'd steer you more toward ASP.net than just straight VB.net. I've developed several of these types of applications, on both platforms and I always feel handicapped when working just in VB.Net. ASP.net brings in other elements that you'd need to learn, but also provides a lot of very easy methods for displaying data that are more or less absent from VB. Plus, the web browser eases a lot of the formatting burdens that can drive you insane in VB.net. Either way, I'd recommend downloading the Express version of Visual Studio and running through some of the "Getting Started" walkthroughs; they are very helpful and will help you get a better idea of what your options are.

Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-3734-database-lock-error.975312/
Relevancy 61.92%

hello

I need help on a shared access 2003.
in fact in my box, they decided to move to Access 2007.
when I open the database on access 2007, is just the Home window that appears, and that's it.
and yet I managed to load it with access 2007 two days ago and did a test to see if the updates back to the server and it worked, but since she no longer wants to market.

I enabled macros, I uninstalled Office 2003 and it gives nothing

After I checked the box "use special keys Access", the application starts but with a bug "2455 error Reference ...."

you have an idea about the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-bd-access-2003-with-access-2007.870527/
Relevancy 60.2%

When I tries to run a report in access 2007, get the following
"The sum of the top margin, the bottom margin, the height
of the page header, and the height of the page footer is
greater than the length of the page you are printing on."

It contain so many reports , they can open without any problem.
Is any method to open it?

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/cant-open-a-report-in-ms-access-2007.4070244/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Guys,

Im trying to write some code that will copy my access database , tables and data to a new sql server database, ive got the code to create the sql database but i need to populate it from my application

Any answers would be grateful

Thanks
Mark

A:Copy an access database to SQL server database using VB.NET

Google: import access to sql server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-an-access-database-to-sql-server-database-using-vb-net.1045442/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm building a database application in Visual Basic .NET and I want to know what is the equivalent code of this when I want to make a connection to mysql:

Protected connString As String = _
"Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source = " & loc & "\dbProject.mdb;"

Private cn As OleDb.OleDbConnection = New OleDb.OleDbConnection(connString)

Private ConnectionString As String = connString

A:Exporting MS Access Database to MySQL Database

You would have to have the MySQL driver for it on the server regardless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exporting-ms-access-database-to-mysql-database.389139/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I don't support Access, nor have I been trained in it, but I've been asked if I can help in this problem.
An Access database connects externally to a SQLServer database at login time for the application. How do I find which external database they are connecting to? I know that there is a way to go behind the forms to see the source code, but I cant remember how to do this.
I cannot find an obvious User/System file dsn on the PC to give me a clue.
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 58.91%

I am a newbie to this site spotted some useful tips for which I am greatful I would like some help with a requirement that I have I have an unbound form with two subsorms One is a heirarchy that I use to put ID into Solved: (2007) Form within Access subform Open a MS a an unbound text Solved: MS Access (2007) Open a Form within a subform box on the main form The hierarchy is based upon treeview In the nd sub form I would like to load into it another form within based upon the ID on the main form Objective The hierarchy displays a list of reports and queries from Solved: MS Access (2007) Open a Form within a subform a table which is just a lists all reports and queries ReportID ReportTitle FormName and a button puts the selected ReportID onto the main form What I need now is two processes to extract the FormName from the record based upon the ReportId and to open this Form within the subform window Each report has its own form with filters and OK buttons The OK buttons do the job of opening the report query itself The principle sounds easy but when your scripting is not your strong point its not as easy as it seems Any advice please Ever greatful nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I am still trying to get to grips with Access 2007 - there's a lot more than cosmetic changes!!Here's my conundrum....I have a form with a subform in it and that subform has a subform in it (nested subform).Main form Name: frmEngineerSubform 1 Name: joinTasksEmployeeSubform (joined to Main form by EmpID)Subform 2 Name: joinTaskServersSubform (joined to Subform 1 by TaskID)I would like to create a command button (or an event procedure) to open up another form called frmServer (which also has a subform called frmNote joined by ServerID).I would like frmServer to open and show the record (will be singular) for the selected server (and in turn display all the notes associated with it in the subform) I've tried a number of things and can't seem to get it right - have started climbing the walls! Any ideas? Will be much appreciated - have wasted almost a week on this!

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All,

I'd like to open a specific form depending on which item was chosen from a dropdown. I can't seem to figure out how to do this with the macros. I have 4 separate forms, each of which has different fields. I'd like to prompt the use to select 1 of the 4 options from a dropdown list and then click a button that will open the related form. I have the prompt form made, the combo box, the 4 separate forms, but can't figure out how to configure the button to choose the right one.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Would like to avoid visual basic code if possible.

Relevancy 58.48%

Friends, I am trying to create a report with many fields and tables of different (but related).
As I have many fields, had to do subreports so that the fields to print perfectly.
I have a button on a form, and I'm trying to open the report in accordance with each company that is
selected in a combo.
Before I had a report that I opened with this line of code:
DoCmd.OpenReport "steps", acViewPreview, , "[CompanyID]='" & Me.combCompany.[Column](0) & "'"
But now, as I have subreports this code does not work.
Does anyone have any tips?
Thank you.

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all. I'm attaching an image of a macro that came useful in many of the Modal Pop-ups that were included in Access 2007 templates.

It saves the form, then opens a form that you specify at the ID of your hyperlink. It will then requery the form and search for the records for that ID.

Is there a VB that does all this in Access, so I can get away from using the macro?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/useful-access-2007-macro-to-open-form-at-current-record.964211/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I m in the process of converting a complex database written in Access to a web enabled version I would like to continue using the Access database as a back-end Cannot Access open 2007 file encrypted Reload Page ASP this repository The accdb file is encrypted with a password and I have no problems accessing it directly in Access I created it and so know the password I use Dreamweaver to edit the web pages and DW again has no problems displaying the tables queries etc within the usual DW editing environment However when I try to open the files using the DW generated web pages IIS localhost Reload this Page Access 2007 ASP Cannot open encrypted file I get an invalid password error I use a connection string MM dataCon STRING quot Provider Microsoft ACE OLEDB Data Source c inetpub wwwroot site database accdb password xxxxxx quot If I use MM dataCon STRING quot Provider Microsoft ACE OLEDB Data Source c inetpub wwwroot site database accdb password xxxxxx userId admin quot then I get a message about a missing Workgroup Information File - I understood that Access doesn t use that If I remove the encryption and reference to the password user then everything works fine Does anyone have any ideas how to use an encrypted Access file via asp pages Is it even possible Help Bernard D nbsp

A:Reload this Page Access 2007 ASP Cannot open encrypted file

you might have to replace your wwwroot directory with localhost in that connection string. Also, give this site a try, it's a life saver: http://www.connectionstrings.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reload-this-page-access-2007-asp-cannot-open-encrypted-file.807535/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have created a database using access 2007 which has 5 different forms. the main form is called "EMPLOYEES" I want to open the other forms using the command button function to show specific data when the employee unique number equals the unique number on the other form. This works on three of the forms but not the 4th ! The left hand field in the wizard is blank and doese not show the employee unique number to link to the appropriate field on the form to be opened yet the relationship shows on the relationship chart. Please help !!!!!

A:access 2007 open form command button LH column blank ?

jmarshswk, welcome to the forum.
Access sometimes doesn't see the relationship properly, it could be because there is no data in the fourth table.
So you could try putting a record in there.
Alternatively you could just copy the Code from one of the other buttons and just changing the Form name and the employee number field name if required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-open-form-command-button-lh-column-blank.1119009/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Form called "EngineerSelection" that has a combo box "EngineerSelect" where a person selects an Engineer's name. The person then clicks a button next to the name. OnClick is suppose to open a form called "ProjectFileCoverSheet" and only display the forms where the combo box value at the time of the button being clicked matches the "ProjectEngineer" field on the new form.

I used the following code on the button:

Private Sub Command38_Click()
DoCmd.OpenForm ProjectFileCoverSheet, , , "[ProjectEngineer]='" & Me![EngineerSelect] & "'"
End Sub

However, when I click the button I get a Run-time error '2494': The action or method requires a Form Name argument. The form name is ProjectFileCoverSheet so I am not sure what I am doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Danny

A:Solved: Access 2007- Open Form based on Combo Box Selection

guess I forgot the quotation marks around the file name:
DoCmd.OpenForm "ProjectFileCoverSheet", , , "[ProjectEngineer]='" & Me![EngineerSelect] & "'"

However, it opens the form but goes to a blank form instead of opening with the information with the matching ProjectEngineer name.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2007-open-form-based-on-combo-box-selection.1072755/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,

I have two forms contain both the field "taxon id". The first form is "add name" and the second form "add synonymy". When I use the wizard to add a button to the first form to open the second form and select "open form and find specific data to display", the second screen does show a list of the available fields of the second form but not from the first form, so i can not link both forms. When I try to enter the following code "[Taxon id]=" & [Taxon id] by hand in the macro, the second form opens but shows the first record in stead of the record from the first form.

What could be wrong with my forms that they are not able to do this? Thanks or your help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-open-forms-with-button-and-find-specific-data-to-display.907438/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I saw this post via google from March but there were no replies I have two forms contain both the field quot taxon id quot The first form is quot add name quot and the second form quot add synonymy quot When I use the wizard to add a button to the first form to open the second form and select quot open form and find specific data to display quot the second screen does show a list of the available fields of the second form but not from the first form so i can not link both forms When I try to enter the following code quot Taxon id quot amp Taxon id by hand in the macro the second form opens but shows the first record in stead of the record from the first form What could be wrong with my forms that they are not able to do this Thanks or your help I have a similar problem In old versions of Access the wizard would display fields from both forms and allow to select the linked fields With Access the field list from the primary data button with open to display forms and find specific 2007 Access form is blank http www glowfoto com static image - L jpg img glowfoto Help nbsp

A:Access 2007 open forms with button and find specific data to display

andrewreilly, welcome to the Forum.
Access 2007 does appear to have problem with some aspects that older versions handled easily and that is one of them.

If you can tell me what fields you need to relate I can try creating the VBA for you.
Are you sure that opening a separate form is the best way to handle it though, have you considered a Subform or a Tabbed Mainform with the second form as a tabbed subform?

I am surprised that I missed that original post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-open-forms-with-button-and-find-specific-data-to-display.937706/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am using Access 2007.
I have a form with a subform in it.

Form Name: FamilyNameForm
Subform Name: PatientNameForm

I would like to create a command button to open up another form called PolicyholderForm.

The PolicyholderForm is linked to the PatientNameForm by a field name PatientNameID>

I would like the PolicyholderForm to show the data about the individual currently displayed in the PatientNameForm. And if there is no record in the PolicyholderForm that matches, I would like to be able to enter data.

I've tried a number of things and can't seem to quite get it.

Any ideas? Thanks!

A:Access 2007 Command Button to open Form based on Current Record

Has Access 2007 got a Command Button Wizard, if so when creating your button do NOT choose the first Default Option, which is show all records.
Select instead the "Specific Record" version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-command-button-to-open-form-based-on-current-record.738503/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi,
i'm creating a web page in asp.net.it displays members of a group in a grid view and each cell is a link to the member's personal site.i want to display a snapshot of the member's site when a person hovers the mouse over a cell.
for this the snapshot of the sites are already stored in a database.

i want to know to do this which of the following is more suitable.ajax or JavaScript?
and can anyone help me in starting the whole thing?i have no idea of where to start.
i went through lot of forums and now i'm really very confused.
i'm new to the asp.net.
any help regard this is really appreciated.thank you.

A:Retrieving data from a database with the onmouseover event

I have seen something like what you are looking for. It is called Snap Shots.. You can see it on a live web site here http://www.casahistoria.net/mexico_brazil.htm Just hold the mouse over one of the links on the page and you will see the snap shots. Not sure if it's Java, Javascript or what but it may be what you are looking for,, It seems to be free but you have to register with the company. I have not used it for any of my web sites but it looks pretty good. Here is a link to their main page http://www.snap.com/ Also I found out you can install an add-on for your browser that will allow the snapshots for any web site including google searches and such.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/retrieving-data-from-a-database-with-the-onmouseover-event.141877/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have MS Access 2000. I initially created a long book list several years ago. I recently found a template from the MS database for books that I downloaded that I like better. I have tried importing the data from the old database to the new one but with no luck. Both are in Access 2000. I am running Win2K.
Thanks

Relevancy 56.76%

After too many The 8.1 supported is request logs. Pro, (50) Viewer cannot open Win not event Event unexplained problems I decided to reinstall Windows Pro x and migrate off of SBS Standard In addition to the primary workstation that can't read any event logs I built five Server R servers Hyper-V host Active Directory VM Exchange VM SQL Server VM Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) and WSUS VM I was diagnosing why my workstation's Outlook cannot reach the local Exchange Server nbsp nbsp I tried to look at the event logs and Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) found the Event Viewer cannot open the event log or custom view nbsp Verify that Event Log service is running it is or the query is too long whatever that indicates nbsp The request is not supported Looking at the directory of the event logs folder nbsp It appears that most logs are empty which is understandable since Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) it's a rebuilt installation nbsp I found a small number of Applications and Services Logs and it appears nothing was logged since six days ago on nbsp nbsp On support forums I found many have this exact problem on Win Win and Win nbsp Of the solutions posted none of them would even execute on my Win Pro x machine nbsp I tried clearing the event logs WEVTUTIL CL logfilename and am told Failed to clear log The request is not supported nbsp It's very difficult to diagnose why Outlook cannot reach Exchange even if Outlook is installed on the Exchange server machine just as a test nbsp The web-based Outlook owa ecp all work fine nbsp Email is coming and going nbsp nbsp This may appear cynical but I'm sure Microsoft would tell me to refresh the Windows Pro X machine even though I just reinstalled from scratch nbsp Let's clarify I had to Install Win Pro to upgrade to Pro in order to upgrade that to Windows Pro nbsp I tested the refresh some time ago and found it left my machine in a mess nbsp That is why I'm doing a complete new installation I already tried SFC nbsp Someone must understand the problem so a solution can be found and documented When I discuss this rebuild effort of workstation and servers I tell people if this doesn't work out then I'll make the move to Linux nbsp I have many Linux and UNIX workstations and servers sitting around here so the temptation is eating away at me br type moz - Michael Faklis

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/22647500-d985-42bd-b156-6b699d7f941f/win-81-pro-event-viewer-cannot-open-event-logs-the-request-is-not-supported-50?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 56.33%

After I turned off my computer just like that without shutting down, the boot up got very slow.

I checked the event log and found a certain event that takes 16 seconds before it continues, causing the "Starting Windows" screen to stall quite a while before the colorfull balls appear. I have no idea what that does. Any ideas?

The error says:
Windows (3996) Windows: The database engine is initiating recovery steps.
Source: ESENT
EventIS: 300

A:Database recovery event takes 16sec during boot up

Quote: Originally Posted by mleu66

After I turned off my computer just like that without shutting down, the boot up got very slow.

I checked the event log and found a certain event that takes 16 seconds before it continues, causing the "Starting Windows" screen to stall quite a while before the colorfull balls appear. I have no idea what that does. Any ideas?

The error says:
Windows (3996) Windows: The database engine is initiating recovery steps.
Source: ESENT
EventIS: 300

We might be able to help more if you filled in your system specs (lower left corner) so that we know what kind of hardware you have.

thanks

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/26023-database-recovery-event-takes-16sec-during-boot-up.html
Relevancy 53.75%

started workbook with data input sheets Those are where I cut and paste monthly financials from other Excel spreadsheets Using this formula to pull data from the input Building database 2007 Excel spreadsheets into the main database spreadsheet That s mapping okay as an example using this formula IF ISERROR HLOOKUP Core Data L amp Core Data M amp Core Data O DI NonVPPM B XFD FALSE TRUE quot quot HLOOKUP Core Data L amp Core Data M amp Core Data O DI NonVPPM B XFD FALSE problem is I want to pull the data from the main database spreadsheet into reports where I want to present the data sliced several ways Was using this type formula to pull it before in a smaller workbook and it seemed to work okay But now with a bigger data set I m getting a Value message back saying Building 2007 Excel database the data is Building 2007 Excel database not the type need for the formula Here s what I ve been using IF SUMPRODUCT Core Database H H B Core Database M M C Core Database K K E Core Database Q Q SUMPRODUCT Core Database H H B Core Database M M C Core Database K K E Core Database N N D Core Database T T SUMPRODUCT Core Database H H B Core Database M M C Core Database K K E Core Database N N D Core Database Q Q Lookinig for help I m pretty good with Excel but think this project may be a little above my head but I m determined to learn and get it done By the way I m using an HP Laptop with G ram Windows XP Building 2007 Excel database and the Excel file has grown to about meg thanks in advance for any help you can give dpatrickassoc nbsp

A:Building 2007 Excel database

welcome to the board.

All the message says is that the expected value in one of the fields is not what the formula can work with, it's either an empty field where no 0 values or null values are allowed or whatever.

With this information and no access to the source data it's like looking for a needle in a pitch dark room with no flashlight.

What I mean to say is I think insert a new (empty) worksheet and then put each value in a different cell and see what you get in return:

e.g.

A1 ='Core Database'!$H$2:$H$8400=$B4
A2 ='Core Database'!$M$2:$M$8400=$C4

etc...

Then you can build the formula based on A1, A2 , etc and see what happens with which one.

Step-by-step will get a longer way than running when you keep tripping (wow that's philosophical )

I mean, just try this, I'm sure the problem is quite simple since it worked before.

Good hunting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-2007-excel-database.979345/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am working for a company that has four people (four different computers) entering data into four different Excel 2010 files on a shared drive. I would like to create a master file on my own computer for the purpose of generating reports. How do I create one Access database that includes all of the information from the four different excel files? Also, can this Access file be continuously updated as the four Excel files are updated each day? Thank you!!!

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I Sage Problem database opening 2007 (9.0) ACT have a probem opening my ACT database I used to use ACT and when I did a back-up I simply copied a numbr of files from one machine to another With this newer Sage ACT 2007 (9.0) Problem opening database database I m not sure I have done this back-up properly So I m concerned that I can t simply uninstall and re-install I m worried that my backup data isn t complete The problem is that when I try to Sage ACT 2007 (9.0) Problem opening database open the database the opening routine gets as far as reporting quot contacts loaded quot then stops someties showing any overdue alarms but not showing the main screen s The ACT logo appears in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and on right clicking this it shows a number of databases but none of these will open I have two suspicions My virus checker reported a Trojan that it could not clean I managed to get rid of this by contacting you guys on another thread I had recently tried to set up blue tooth with my phone and had tried to get to use ACT with that phone but it never worked Nor did blue tooth with that phone for that matter Any help would be gratefully received Using Windows Professional Regards john nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi All Noob first-time poster I m afraid I m new to Access but have used amp reasonably extensively I m building an App and have created all the necessary tables as well as creating the relationships in the Database Tools area which I know are correct - I m a SQL Server DBA in my day job Anyway it s an almost text book example correct with records 2007 Form Access Wizard the - Button Form does open not of an employers and employees database one employer having many employees employerID is the foreign key on the employee table I have created an employer form using the wizard which is fine but then when I add a button to open the employee form selecting Open the form and find specific records matching employerID on the Employer table with EmployerID on the Employee table it doesnt work Instead I get a popup box asking me for the EmployerID Even if I manually enter the correct employerID when Access 2007 Form Button Wizard - Form does not open with the correct records the popup box appears it actually displays all records so I m sure that the problem is more fundamental and therefore probably my fault I m hoping that I ve just overlooked something REALLY stupid but would apprecaite any suggestions Cheers Ian nbsp

A:Access 2007 Form Button Wizard - Form does not open with the correct records

I have seen this kind of problem with Access 2007 VBA code which does not work when it dod in 2000-2003.
It can be a Syntax problem which you may be able to get around, if not you can get around the problem bby using a Criteria in the Query that supplies the Employee Form.
Although I would have thought it would be better design wise to have the Employees as a Subform or Tabbed Subform on your Employer Mainform.
I do not have Access 2007, only 2003 so I can't help with the VBA, but you could post the code anyway.

Did you use a Wizard to create the Employee Form, if so check the Record Source SQL it may be preventing your EmployerID from working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-form-button-wizard-form-does-not-open-with-the-correct-records.800911/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi –
My problem in Access 2007 is with the Openform command button; executed from a Subform’s subform. Ie. Command button is nested on third level. [RecommendationID]=[Forms]![x01aTRACKING]![xx00Issues]![tbl_Recommendation subform]![ID]
​The form opens fine for record/data already stored in the database. For new [tbl_Recommendation subform] data, the form which opens does not go to the corresponding [RecommendationID], instead opens a blank form. I can however enter in the desired [RecommendationID] label, to which it will populate with correct data - I’d like to avoid this step. Have tried
Requery after Openform in the OnClick event of the ‘Main form’, also tried Requery on the OnOpen event of the new form with no success. Anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 52.03%

A client recently is mig What exchange mailbox method Fresh and create the 2007 to best a database had a failure with their mail database The database was repaired using the ESEutil and isinteg utilities to get What is the best method to create a Fresh exchange 2007 mailbox database and mig the database back into a clean state exchange SP However after the above processes there have been a number of What is the best method to create a Fresh exchange 2007 mailbox database and mig quirks that have appeared for instance some users could not open up mail in another users shared mailbox some users had all mail from different mailbox folders deleted that were from a date prior to the database going down One user could not see any new mail in cached mode in outlook Generally a lot of niggly issues My thought is that the database still has a number of small corruptions and I would like to create a new mailbox database and move the users mail across to this new database Office tech info SBS Client using outlook sp and outlook Total mail database size GB What would be the best method of achieving a fresh database and moving old mail across I have considered moving the mailbox database and log files to another location and then getting exchange to create a new database I would then look to create a recovery storage group and put the old database files and logs in the appropriate folder and move mail form the old database to the new one The other method I have looked at is to export all mail to PST's and then reimport it into a fresh database I have not used the recovery storage group before so your opinions and advice to achieve my goal would be much appreciated

A:What is the best method to create a Fresh exchange 2007 mailbox database and mig

You're going to have to do the Database move and Recovery Storage Group.  The RSG does work and is not that hard.
See this site for help...
http://blogs.technet.com/b/messaging_and_beyond/archive/2012/05/10/exchange-recovery-storage-group.aspx
Or it may be easier just to set up a new storage group and move the mail across to the new database that will be created....can anybody see any problems with that method? 
See if the following article would help:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/82b432a2-12e7-46f7-b27d-46a1a94c23f7/how-to-get-outlook-recovery?forum=officeitpro

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587035/what-is-the-best-method-to-create-a-fresh-exchange-2007-mailbox-database-and-mig/
Relevancy 52.03%

Please can someone help me.I manage a band and we have a database of 3,000 contacts. The headings are name,location,email, website. I wanted to put all this into my contacts sheet so that rather than getting a mailing list program I'll just use outlook and distribution lists. I was going to set up different address books for each location. i.e USA.

A box saying you have not named the ranges keeps coming up. Honestly i dont have a clue and could really do with a step by step, baring in mind i know nothing.

Problem is that it wont import from Excel into Outlook. Im getting desperate now their album is out in February and i have not used the direct mailing yet.

I cant find a step by step idiots guide to doing this anywhere.

Can someone help there is a free album in it if you can lol

Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-put-my-excel-2007-email-database-to-outlook-2003.766140/
Relevancy 52.03%

Is it possible to convert an Access 2000 database to Access 7.0? I have an old machine that I would like to run a database on but it only has Access 7.0 for WIndows 95.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello All,
Our company had a photo booth with an F-35 fighter jet at a recent technology show. Individuals were allowed to have there pic taken in front of the aircraft with a pretty model. Now I have over 2500 pictures and over 2500 individuals that need their pic emailed to them. I have an Access database with a name, email address and a picture. Each name has a different image. How can I automatically send each person their picture through Outlook? I would like it to automatically populate a new email with the address and corresponding pic then have it be sent on its way while I am home sleeping. Can this be done? Is there a command that can run a VB script in Access to accomplish this? I thank you profusely in advance.

Scott

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a an old CMMS application form Datastream called Maintainit V3.0, it was written with Access 97 and I can still install and run this software on most older PC's running XP3, for example I can run it on a Dell Precisioin 650, Dell Dimension 3000, Gateway 500L etc.
What's been puzzling me is that it refuses to run on some other Pc's such as HP xw8400, Dell Dimension E521, Dell Optiplex 380 etc. It installs fine but when I start the application I get the following error:
Cannot open database C:\Mit30\Data\sysrun2.mdb. The file may not be present or may be the wrong type. You may need to reinstall the software.
Notes: the software will run with Symantec Antivirus or Microsoft Essentials on the PC's that does work on.
Does anybody have any workaround?

Thanks
Jerry

A:Cannot Open Database Sysrun2.mdb

Quote:

Cannot open database C:\Mit30\Data\sysrun2.mdb

This is extremely old software that has been discontinued from the manufacturer for several years. They have abandoned all of there customers. Why switch from Datastream mp2 to eMaint?
Browse to the Database directory? (C:\mit30\Data) is it created when you install the software? Is the Database created? (sysrun2.mdb)? If not, can you create a folder and name it that, and browse the database to that folder?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-open-database-sysrun2-mdb-651721.html
Relevancy 50.31%

In an effort to change an Act database which cann t have numbers in Act Not Database invalid name, 6.0 open Can't the title name for conversion I tried to Act 6.0 invalid Database name, Not Can't open change and ended up creating an invalid file name Have worked with Sage and they don t support Act anymore I first tried this now bad move to convert the database to Act newer version and supported The dbase info is still in act database folder for all database file in the My Documents I just can make it open in Act anymore It is very important as I have over companies in my locale that I am wortking to find a position with this particular dBase I thought I had backed up to my ghost drive for backups but I hadn t Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corporation W A CN BA T Antivirus ZoneAlarm Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Any help would be appreciated as I would like to keep this dbase active Thanks Big Steve nbsp

A:Act 6.0 invalid Database name, Not Can't open

File | Save As
Save the database to a new name

For the conversion, this might help:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/01/tips-for-converting-act-60-or-earlier.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/act-6-0-invalid-database-name-not-cant-open.972787/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all, I've got a terrible problem with an archiving mail database, It was near 1Gb when it crashed while archiving, when try to open it in a 4.x says that the database has grown too large and suggest to make a new replica with an larger size limit, but can't do that, If try to open it in a R5 it says: Database is damaged and can't be repaired (UNID index)How can I open the mail database! The mail file extremely important to me!Thanks in advance!

A:How do I open a mail database?

Do a system restore back to good date.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/...http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/how-do-i-open-a-mail-database/19201.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have an Excel workbook in which I keep racing records The data goes back about years and as i have accumulated several hundred thousand records I have moved much of the historical data onto separate sheets in the workbook so that values for calcs that rely on the historical data can be auto updated For current data I use a separare sheet as i was finding that Excel 2007 Help Workbook convert to Large Access 2007 to required sucessfully it was takin Help required to sucessfully convert Large Excel 2007 Workbook to Access 2007 g a long time to perform calcs when all the data up to rows was all on the sheet I wanted to know Help required to sucessfully convert Large Excel 2007 Workbook to Access 2007 if it was possible Help required to sucessfully convert Large Excel 2007 Workbook to Access 2007 to convert what i have to Access as it has been suggested that a database would do a better job of handling so much data rather than Excel I have moderate knowledge of Excel and have been able to build up the series of formulas for calculations in Excel over the years and have it pretty well doing all the things i want now but I have very little knowledge of Access design so not sure if I can convert and how to do it The Excel workbook contains a lot of formula that do calcs on past results and then use those calcs to do predeictive calcs for upcoming races Because it was very quot maths quot based to start with I started off using Excel and it has all grown from there Is it possible to convert what I have to Access Is is reasonably able to be done by a moderate user like me with some expert help The files i have are too big to attach here but would be happy to prepare some sheets without much data to show what i am doing and get advice nbsp

A:Help required to sucessfully convert Large Excel 2007 Workbook to Access 2007

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-required-to-sucessfully-convert-large-excel-2007-workbook-to-access-2007.890648/
Relevancy 50.31%

I m trying to run an Excel macro active to Access sheet code Excel 2007 2007 VB run macro in from Access when I get to the point where I want the macro stored in the active workbook I m getting the following run-time error run-time error object variable or with block variable not set It won t run the macro Access 2007 VB code to run Excel 2007 macro in active sheet at all I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me fix my code so the macro will run The code is listed below step is where I get the error Code Option Compare Database Sub GetJournal Entry Data transfer to Excel 'Step Declare your Variables Dim MyConnect As String Dim MyRecordset As ADODB Recordset Dim MyQueryDef As DAO QueryDef Dim MyDatabase As DAO Database Dim MySQL As String Dim MyRange As String Dim s As String Dim Db As Database Dim xl As Excel Application Set xl CreateObject quot Excel Application quot Dim xlwkbk As Excel Workbook 'Dim xlworkbk As Excel Workbook Dim xlsheet As Excel Worksheet Dim i As Integer 'Step Declare your connection string MyConnect quot Provider Microsoft ACE OLEDB Persist Security Info False Data Source P FINANCE Balance Sheet Inventory Project TAN Project TAN accdb User ID Admin quot 'Step Build Your SQL Statement MySQL quot Select From mtb-TantasticJE's Where mtb-TantasticJE's Dscrptn Text 'Culls Stat 'and mtb-TantasticJE's Co Code ' ' quot 'Step Instantiate and specify your recordset Set MyRecordset New ADODB Recordset MyRecordset Open MySQL CurrentProject Connection 'Step Instantiate Excel If Excel isn't Loaded Error occurs Set xl GetObject quot Excel Application quot 'Step Open TAN JE Export xlsx Set xlwkbk xl Workbooks Open quot P FINANCE Balance Sheet Inventory Project TAN TAN JE Export xlsm quot Set xlsheet xlwkbk Worksheets quot Culls Stat quot xl Visible True xlwkbk Windows Visible True xlsheet Cells ClearContents 'Step Find First empty cell and use that to build a dynamic range With xlsheet xl Range quot A quot CopyFromRecordset MyRecordset Columns quot B B quot Select Selection Insert Shift xlToRight Range quot C quot Select Range quot C quot Select 'Cols To Insert 'Worksheets quot Culls Stat quot Range quot B quot amp Chr Asc quot B quot Cols To Insert amp quot quot EntireColumn Insert Cols To Insert Worksheets quot Culls Stat quot Range quot F quot amp Chr Asc quot F quot Cols To Insert amp quot quot EntireColumn Insert Cols To Insert Worksheets quot Culls Stat quot Range quot J quot amp Chr Asc quot J quot Cols To Insert amp quot quot EntireColumn Insert Cols To Insert Worksheets quot Culls Stat quot Range quot M quot amp Chr Asc quot M quot Cols To Insert amp quot quot EntireColumn Insert Cols To Insert Worksheets quot Culls Stat quot Range quot Q quot amp Chr Asc quot Q quot Cols To Insert amp quot quot EntireColumn Insert Cols To Insert Worksheets quot Culls Stat quot Range quot T quot amp Chr Asc quot T quot Cols To Insert amp quot quot EntireColumn Insert End With 'Step Add column heading names to the spreadsheet 'For i To MyRecordset Fields Count 'xl ActiveSheet Cells i Value MyRecordset Fields i - Name 'Next i 'Step save as text file amp Close active recorset xl Visible True xl Run quot Export Stat culls TXT File quot xlwkbk Close True COLOR red ActiveWorkbook Close ------ This is where I get the run-time error COLOR ActiveWindow WindowState xlMinimized MsgBox quot JE Has Been Exported to Excel amp Text File quot 'Step Memory Clean up Set xlsheet Nothing Set xlwkbk Nothing Set xlApp Nothing Set Db Nothing MyRecordset Close End Sub 'Step Close Excel Private Sub Workbook BeforeClose Cancel As Boolean Dim wBook As Workbook Dim LCount As Long If Cancel False Then For Each wBook In Workbooks If wBook Name lt gt Me Name And UCase wBook Name lt gt quot PERSONAL XLS quot Then LCount LCount End If Next wBook If LCount Then Excel Application Quit End If End Sub nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi everybody I have a problem with my MS Access and can amp t use the wizard for creating database objects forms report table queries etc Whenever I choose Wizard option to create those database objects I get the following error message Microsoft Access can amp t find the wizard or there is syntax error in the Declaration section of a Visual Basic module Wizard Can't access Access MS database The wizard you need may be missing from the libraries key of the Can't access MS Access database Wizard Microsoft Access section of the Windows Registry To make sure that the wizard is in the Windows Registry run Setup to reinstall Microsoft Access and the compile all Visual Basic modules in the database I reinstalled the MS Access as instructed in the message but I don amp t know where to find and compile those Visual Basic modules I also don amp t know how to get to libraries key of the Microsoft Access section of the Windows Registry I tried to reinstall the software by using two different versions of software CDs MS Office and XP and both failed to solve the problem I also tried unsuccessfully to access Add-Ins feature from the Tools menu in order to add the missing component Please help me ishak nbsp

A:Can't access MS Access database Wizard

Funny I had the same error last night. I ran Setup from the CD (from RUN prompt) checked off the access wizard. Then went and did what I was doing, it still asked to install the feature but it worked that time.

If that does not help the is an MS article, basically, if you are in "Break mode" of a module that could also cause it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208204/en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-ms-access-database-wizard.553449/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok I have one more question-a few people have other versions of Access in my program and need to use the database that I created in Access 97. A few people tried and couldn't open it. Is there an easy way to converting this so they can use it on their computers? Thanks for the help.

A:Access 97 database in Access 2000?

Access should prompt them to either open the DB file or convert it to the newer version on startup. If it doesn't you can open the newer version of Access and go to Tools > Database Utilities > Convert Database.
Warning: Everything in your DB may not convert properly so be ready to do some work if this happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-97-database-in-access-2000.443343/
Relevancy 49.88%

This was really weird.... I'm created a document in Word 2007. As best as I can recall, everything behaved in a normal manner during that process.

Shortly thereafter, I tried to go online using my dialup ISP. Multiple attempts resulted invalid user name or password. So I opened my dialup settings and found about 6 words of the document I had just created in Word entered into the user name space

I entered the correct user name and signed on normally. Any ideas how this could have happened?

BTW... I've been known to (read "often") hit the wrong key during my two finger and one thumb typing method. I'm a guy who really appreciates spell check.

Raybro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-word-2007-event.888073/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Office 2007 on Windows 7.

When I am working on a sheet (or document) the ribbon can become inaccessible, nothing works when I click it (like a 'Not Responding' screen).

If, I switch to another open sheet/doc and then switch back the ribbon is accessible again!

I have uninstalled/reinstalled Office plus SP's twice but the problem persists, and, as is usually the case, this does not happen all the time but enough times for it to be really annoying!

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time on this

Neil

A:Cannot access the Ribbon functions in Excel 2007 or Word 2007

Could you please post a screenshot or two?
And what are file sizes (MB)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/190324-cannot-access-ribbon-functions-excel-2007-word-2007-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello guys
I seached for all previous chat history with previous contacts, but could not find it,
as I heard that skype chat records usually be saved on the local hard disk,
I am using window 7, could you please tell step by step where to find them? in which directory? what format?
Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all I am playing around with databases trying to learn exactly how they work and learn more about them I have made a database which can log customers and any work that is done for them so i have got a form which has the customers details on it and then below it it shows all work that has been done for that customer I am wanting to put a button on the form which will open a new form where i can enter infomation about a new repair done for that customer Is there away that when i press the button it opens the form and inserts the customer number in to Database + Open office Button the appropriate text box I have created the button but have not managed to work out the macro where i can get it to open the new repair form I used to use access but i no longer have it and so am trying to use open office instead of paying for MS Office Open office Database + Button I have attached my Database so you can have a look at it if you want it is all very simple and there are a few tables that are not used at the min but i am just playing with it at the min while i learn how it works Thank you in advance JPLamb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-office-database-button.846289/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm really a novice when it comes to a lot of things, especially programming issues. What I really want to know is if there is an easy to setup database program that I can use for compiling quotations. I'd like to be able to configure it to search for quotations by subject and author. I'm thinking opensource because of it being free, but any other ideas will be considered. And I don't really know how to set up databases, so it's gotta be easy.

A:Open source/database software

openoffice suite (FREE) has a database. www.openoffice.org

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/open-source-database-software.70876/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi The security message that database! settings HELP! open won't me own my Security let appeared everytime I opened my database on my laptop was driving me crazy A HELP! Security settings won't let me open my own database! while back I had figured HELP! Security settings won't let me open my own database! out how to stop that from appearing so I decided to take a minute to do the same thing on my laptop Anyway I first tried by going in and using the security wizard since I couldn t remember what I had done HELP! Security settings won't let me open my own database! before I gave everyone full permission or so I thought Anyway now I can t open up any part of my database whether I m on my laptop which is networked to my desktop or on my desktop I tried even going into safe mode and logging in on the administration tab but it couldn t open in safe mode I tried importing and exporting the tables etc but it says I do not have permission to do that All users have administrative priviledges on both computers Can someone help me get rid of the security I don t know how to sign in as administrator since I did not specifically set one up since I gave everyone permission and there is no prompt to sign in as administrator or anything Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-security-settings-wont-let-me-open-my-own-database.341819/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have two computers and one has a database i want to transfer to another computer that does not have that database on it. The one that has a database on it is linux OS and the one I want to have the database on it is windows. Can someone help?

A:postgres and mysql database open

This should help: http://forums.sugarcrm.com/f115/moving-linux-mysql-windows-mysql-58912/

If it doesn't, check out the rest of the links from a google search. Enter: 'moving a mysql database from linux to windows' as your search criteria. Many hits to choose from.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/postgres-and-mysql-database-open.1057527/
Relevancy 49.88%

Does anyone know the code to launch another access application (2000) from within an existing application in the read only mode? This is my current code that opens the database with all permissions.

Call Shell("""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE"" ""f:\common\patty\Training Database.mdb", 1)

A:Open Another Database in Read Only Mode

Got it!

Call Shell("""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE"" /ro ""f:\common\patty\Training Database.mdb", 1)

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/open-another-database-in-read-only-mode.4059558/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have created databases in access before, and there was a way to create a table to use as a lookup field in another table/ form. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this in OO Database. Is there a way, and if so, how?

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-office-database-lookup.613594/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a database that was created in access '97, converted to 2000, and then compacted. Recently I was unable to open it up, it gave me an error message that it was in an unexpected state. Is there any way that I can retrieve my old info without losing it?

A:database in unexpected state, cannot open it

It tells you what to do right in the message. Create a new database and import everything from the old one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-in-unexpected-state-cannot-open-it.83810/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi

I have a DB that I did. It works fine except when I click on a cancel button on a text box and then it gives me the error shown below. Im totally lost as to why its doing this. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Even just pointing me in the right direction. I posted it as a zip file on this site

http://www.geocities.com/jbfen/index

the password is horror (and sorry for subject matter of horror movies)

A:Access Database

Listen...I looked and can't find anything wrong with it. I recreated the button (find by director), and it appears to work fine...just tells you the macro has been cancelled.

This isn't the first time I've been unable to find something wrong with something in Access...I'm pretty sure it's not uncommon either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.225858/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a database where I enter part number description, and cost. I also have another database that is updated all the time with this information in it. I would like to be able to link or however you do it. I would like to lets say put in the part number and then when I push enter or tab the description and cost field populates.

any help would be great.

A:access Database

you can link by selecting the table tab in the DB window and then click NEW followed by selecting Link. Then search for your other database and select the table you want to link to.

You will now have access to all the fields, it is the same as a table now except you may have sharing issues if the table is opened on the source DB.

You can use this linked table just as a regular table to make reports forms, queries etc. so you may not need the table you created with the same information as it is redundant.

So you can make a form with your linked table with a combo to select the product.
=========================================================
I don't know to what degree of detail you want or how much you know so if you need more help just post back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.228833/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an access database, one of the forms I am working with has a subform. I want to be able to print part of the main form, and parts of the suboform. I can do this by inserting the form key number and the subform key number, then it prints what I want. What I am looking for is to be able to be in a clients record and push print and without having to enter anything it prints the fields in the form and the subform that I have in a report. I hope this makes sense. Is there a macro that I can put together to do this?

Thank you in advance for any help. .
Chad

A:Access DataBase

The simplest way although it may not seem like it, is to do the following:
Create a Join Query that includes both tables/queries (whatever your using), and create Joins on the 2 Key fields (related), this query should then become the control source for you report.
Now in the new query go to the field that contains the data you will be selecting on the form. eg the ID for the Main form

In the criteria row right click and select Build, find your form and find the Id field control name. The syntax will be:

[Forms]![FormName]![ControlName]
Now if you don't already have one, place a button on your form that opens the Report or query, it should only display the records for the selected records.

This called "Filter by Form"
Any problems let me know I or some one else can walk you through, it works I use it all the time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.271656/
Relevancy 49.88%

I need help in creating a database that can be searched.

3 Items are needed...

A 2 digit year entry
A 6 digit numerical entry (need to be able to enter less digits)
A 4 digit numerical entry (need to be able to enter less digits)

I need to be able to search the 6 digit number and have it tell me what 4 digit number is associated with it.

I am hoping I am making this clear...

for Access 07 or 03? (the previous version)

TIA

Tom

Relevancy 49.88%

I have this access database that I got from another company and I would like to use it but I would have to customize it to fit my needs. Is that possible

Relevancy 49.88%

When entering a form..the page normally start with a blank page/form..what code can I use in Macro or Visual Basic..to have the form blank..when entering the form..so that you can just add..new data..instead of having to click on add new data..

First, this is really the wrong forum for this question. It should either be in Applications or Development. I only saw this post because I was checking on a post I made here before but I don't usualy visit this forum often.

If you want a form to open ready to take new data, set it's Data Entry property to Yes. (You'll find that property in the Data tab of the forms properties.) If I misunderstood the question, post back and give more details.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by YSB (edited 08-10-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.28990/
Relevancy 49.88%

ok , i finally got a site , with some ex. for loading jpg into ACCESS,

http://members.tripod.com/accdevel/imaging.htm
http://www.lebans.com/loadsavejpeg.htm
ok now without eating any1's head, i have to create a small catalog, with itemcode and pic of the item,both have to be related ,so tha I can search , for itemcode adn get the picture....

now both of above ex. codes are free and can be changed, so any1 cna help me out here,who konws access in advance , modify the scripts above if they can , so taht I am asked for like item code and pic.......

!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-ex-here-need-help-with-access.82658/
Relevancy 49.88%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey i need some help with a project i have for work.

my boss wants a type of program set up that controls our stock and products.

In this program i want to be able to input product codes categories invoices suppliers stock on shelf and stock on order and maybe a few similar things.

do u think microsoft access will be able to help me create this? or is there another program out there that will make it easier to do?

please help i havent started it yet just trying to educate myself as best i can and everday my boss asks how its all goin.

A:database help access 03?

Access is perfect for this application.
What kind of products are you dealing with?
Do you "Supplier" lists?
Do you have more than one Supplier for items.
Is the stock used within your area ie by yourselves rather than being sold to a Customer?
Do you want Categories and Sub Categories of stock?
Do you have "Re-Order" levels? (Minimum stock when a new order is required)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-help-access-03.707936/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am unable to pen my database. It gave me an error message saying it is corrupted. I tried to do repair it but I was unsuccessful.

HELP

Don't you have any Back-ups?
Try opening a "new Blank" database and on the Main Menu, File>Get External Data>Import and then point it the corrupted file just to see if it can be opened that way.
If it can then on each set of Controls (tables, queries, forms etc) click selct all and then OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.706441/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have this access database that I from another user which I want to customize so that I can use it. The form has about 28 records with a yes or no fields. Now what I need to do is add more records as I have stuff to add that will require the user to ans. with a yes or no answer. My problem is that I am unable to add more questions (lines or record). Is there a way to do that?