Windows Support Forum

Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003

Q: Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003

Hello I originally posted this question on November in the Email section and in spite 2003 used Outlook 2003 email for Word as editor of many views there were no replies That is when I thought I might be going about asking the question the wrong way Windows XP - SP Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook I use Word as my email editor for Outlook Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003 I had had a problem or two awhile back and I used the Detect and Repair Function that comes with Outlook Problems cleared up HOWEVER I got a new and IMHO worse problem my emails that are advertisements like Newegg TigerDirect Overstock etc are fine but anything else that is actually text that is sent to me comes in very very small and I can not find a way to change it I have looked everywhere in Outlook Microsoft online and Google Sample attached I can t find it and it is driving me crazy If anyone could help I d sincerely appreciate it Thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003

Hi and welcome to TSG.

From the main Outlook Mail screen, try ...

Tools ->
Options ->
Mail Format Tab ->
"Fonts ..." button in Stationery and Fonts section ->
"Choose Font ..." button under "When composing and reading plain text"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-used-as-email-editor-for-outlook-2003.961599/
Relevancy 106.02%

This appears to be a common problem, with many solutions, though I have yet to find one that works for me. When using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 set to be the email editor, Word opens and works fine to CREATE a new email. However, when trying to REPLY TO or FORWARD an email, I get the error message "Microsoft Word is set to be your email editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The outlook email editor will be used instead...," and when I click OK to that message the native Outlook email editor opens. Word 2003 worked fine with Outlook 2003 replying to or forwarding emails till this morning, but the behavior described above now applies. The OS, by the way, is Windows 10. I have tried to both "repair" and "reinstall" the 2003 Office 2003 suite, both to no avail. Would appreciate a much needed solution to this puzzle.

Relevancy 97.34%

I sure hope you can help. I have exhausted a lot of energy trying to fix this error .. about ready to load my double-barrel ...

When I go to reply to an email in Outlook 2003, I get this error:

Now I WANT to use Word as my editor, so I am trying to determine what is doing this. Here are some things I've done so far:

1) Installed SP1 for Office 2003
2) Removed the Normal.dot file and had Word create a new default template (usually found in C:\Documents and Settings\%Profile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates)
3) Removed any Templates that load with Word (usually found in C:\Documents and Settings\%Profile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP
4) Removed "winword.doc" and "winword2.doc" found in C:\Documents and Settings\%Profile%\Templates

No success so far. My software specs are:

Windows XP Professional, SP2
Office 2003, SP1

Ideas??

Relevancy 97.34%

I just got Outlook 2007 but only have Word 2003. I want to set Word as my email editor. I've looked at all the Outlook Options and checked the Microsoft website but can't find how to set Word as the editor. If there is a way, please let me know.

The reason I want Word as the editor is I send a lot of screen snapshots and I used to be able to crop them in Word editor. I can't find a crop option in Outlook 2007. If there is a way to crop screenshots in Outlook editor then I don't need Word.

Thanks for the help!

A:Word 2003 as Outlook 2007 email editor?

If you don't have the rest of Office 2007, you won't get the rich features it provides. With Office 2007, you can crop any picture right in an email message; just hit the contextual tab Picture Tools | Format.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-as-outlook-2007-email-editor.563278/
Relevancy 94.86%

Okay I have issues that I can t figure out if there is a way to get word to act the way I want When not using word as an email editor and with 2003 email editor 2003 as Oultook Word you compose an email but do not send the email Then you perform a file print this printout prints the person the email is from the To and CC and the subject and Oultook 2003 with Word 2003 as email editor the body of the email When you turn on Word as the editor you only print the body of the email with no subject and no To and Oultook 2003 with Word 2003 as email editor CC When not using word as an email editor and you add contacts the interface shows the To people from the contacts list as Firstname Lastname Firstname Lastname and so on When you turn on word as the email editor you get Firstname Lastname lt email gt Firstname Lastname lt email gt Is there any way to run with Word as the email editor but have these functions work the way outlook operates without it being the editor Basically I have a woman who loves using words advanced clipart and other functions Oultook 2003 with Word 2003 as email editor but has to have these settings to be enabled the non email address showing just the contact name and the format of the whole email being printed not just the body nbsp

A:Oultook 2003 with Word 2003 as email editor

shameless bump still not solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oultook-2003-with-word-2003-as-email-editor.502779/
Relevancy 82.77%

hi,

Whenever I try to reply or write a new mail in Outlook express, MS Word is not opening as editor. It happens only when I use my signature for all new / replies. If I un-check signature option, Word is opening as editor. Else, automatically "use word as editor" option gets unchecks.. anybody can solve this?

Thanks,

Rasik

Relevancy 82.77%

I installed outlook and word outlook editor on my brand new Win netbook and when typing the quot TO quot and quot CC Editor)2003 (Word will autofill names not Outlook quot lines the names show up but when pressing enter they will not be accepted I have to enter the first couple of letters of the names and then press the quot check names quot icon and go through the list even though the one I wanted was the one that showed up on the auto fill Outlook (Word Editor)2003 will not autofill names line singularly I know the auto fill does not go to the outlook contact book but rather remembers the names as they are quot sent quot I have used outlook for years on both Win XP and Win various Pro Outlook (Word Editor)2003 will not autofill names Ultimate and now with Win it will NOT work the same way My brother has the identical netbook and is running Outlook and it performs the same way - will not allow enter to complete the autofill Whatsup over there at MS Anyone know why

A:Outlook (Word Editor)2003 will not autofill names

Not much help but on a desktop here with 8.1 and Outlook 2007 it works hitting enter or tab to autofill.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36221-outlook-word-editor-2003-will-not-autofill-names.html
Relevancy 82.15%

I am trying to add a logo after my name in my emails on Outlook 2003.
In order to do so I understand I need to have options set to Use Office Word 2003 as my email editor.
This option is greyed out and most likeky the reason is I have a 2007 version of Office Word installed.
Any suggestions how I am going to get the logo onto my emails?

Danny
Compac Presario
2 Quad Processor 2.67 GHz
4GB ram
2 x 500 Gb HDD
32 Bit
Win Office Business
Outlook 2003
MS Office 2007 -non commercial

Relevancy 81.84%

I m using Outlook with MS Word as my email Editor All new emails that Editor] Solved: 2003 Word Outlook Double as in [MS Spacing I create Solved: Double Spacing in Outlook 2003 [MS Word as Editor] are automatically defaulting to double spacing When I go Format paragraph indents and spacing the options there are telling me that its pt before and after and its on single spacing - but it obviously not I ve tried switching it to plain text and the problem remains Its not a spacing between paragraphs issue as it appears without hitting return although I did try shift enter but it still comes back with double spacing Solved: Double Spacing in Outlook 2003 [MS Word as Editor] If I switch it back to not using Word as my email editor the problem disappears but when I open word its not having this problem within there - only from Outlook I don t use any signitures and neither am I using any stationary The email opens with the Style on normal - same as Word application itself I m pretty good with word and what I can t solve myself I can usually find on the net somewhere but this has me scratching my head and it hurts I ve seen a fair few posts but no one seems to be able to solve it Any help would be a huge relief Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 81.22%

Hello,

I am having issues with Word and Outlook 2003. I just upgraded them from 2000 and now I am running into a couple of issues. Help!

Microsoft Word 2003
- Can't highlight or select an area on my Word page with my mouse. I can use my keyboard, but that becomes quite annoying as you can imagine.

Microsoft Outlook 2003
- Can't highlight or select an area on my page with my mouse. I can use my keyboard, but that becomes quite annoying as you can imagine.
- Can't open Word document attachments only. I can open excel, pdf, etc..., but not Word.

I have restarted my pc, reinstalled office 2003, erased the normal.dot profile, removed the 11.0\Word\Data registry and no luck. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:Can't highlight in Word 2003 and Outlook 2003. Can't open Word 2003 attachments.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-highlight-in-word-2003-and-outlook-2003-cant-open-word-2003-attachments.1025446/
Relevancy 103.63%

I'm currently trying to set up a customized tool bar that can be used in Microsoft Outlook 2003 email messages.

I have been successful with 2/3 machines by performing the following steps:

1. Open Outlook 2003
2. Actions > Mail Format > Check Use M.S. Office Word to Edit Email Messages
3. Open M.S. Office Word 2003
4. Tools > Customize > Toolbars > New
5. Create/Add various customized functions to the new tool bar
6. Toggle back to Outlook 2003
7. Click New Message, View > Tool Bars > New tool bar that I just created

However, for 1 of the computers, when performing step 2, the 'Use M.S. Office Word to Edit Email Messages' check box is grayed out. The installation of the software on each computer is exactly the same.

I need to know how to enable the ability to check this box.

Any help is appreciated.

Andrew

Relevancy 103.63%

What I did wrong I couldn t get the Word to install a clean normal dot so after trying to trick it into making a new clean template I used the repair option on the menu inside Word It went through its thing asked for the original disk to find a file and said it was complete Only weird thing was I asked for all defaults not to save customization but it did anyway Now my normal 2003--I email lost in Help! Word repaired just Outlook dot is fine It also completely wiped out my email--all records plane Help! lost email in Outlook 2003--I just repaired Word and motel reservations doctor communications calendar contacts--the works WHY Since when did Word control Outlook I haven t exported for many months so I have no recent backup but I know somewhere on the hard drive the files must exist Help! lost email in Outlook 2003--I just repaired Word At least I hope they do I used to teach Outlook--but is a puzzle to me How do I get all my data back I am using HTTP email--MSN DSL and mail is taken off the web when it is delivered to me so no backups there Help Libby nbsp

Relevancy 101.05%

For the past two weeks I have noticed that hyperlinks placed in email I am sending are being stripped by Outlook. I use Word 2003 as the email editor. I can write an email, insert (or have automatically convered) emails but if I either send or save those emails, the hyperlinks are removed. The problem does not occur if I use Outlook's email editor.

I have made no setting changes on my system, except moving from XPSP2 beta to XPSP2 Final.

A:Word 2003 hyperlinks stripped in Outlook 2003

Security by MS turned on by default in the final version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-hyperlinks-stripped-in-outlook-2003.263784/
Relevancy 98.04%

I am running office 2003 in windows xp. When I insert an equation using equation editor, I can edit the equation without problem. When I click outside the equation, the equation disappears and is replaced by a box. I can double click and see the equation again, for editing. When I print preview, the proper equation shows up, but not when I am in normal view or the other available views in word. I want to be able to see the equations without having to go to print preview. Any suggestions? TIA

Relevancy 96.75%

I have created a fence using Word 2003 equation editor. The fence is the parentheses in this expression: (1+x) and it is created by highlighting the 1+x and then selecting the fence option. But I don't see a way to remove the fence.

Is there a way?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-a-fence-in-word-2003-equation-editor.917276/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to fix the following problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278214

Thanks a lot,
Danny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-office-2003-problem-with-word-as-e-mail-editor.677194/
Relevancy 95.46%

Does anyone know how to change the default html editor in Outlook 2003.

When I go to tools>options>mail format> Signatures>edit>advanced edit a frontpage opens?

I want DW MX 2004 to open instead??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/html-editor-in-outlook-2003-a-89897.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Relevant system information OS WinXP v SP Product Suite Office Professional Edition Product Suite Item MS Word v SP Product Suite Item s Topic of this post Visual Basic Editor VBA Retail v All products are up to date and there are no further available updates from the MS updates web site Problem Description General When using MS Word s Visual Basic Editor Clicking on most of the returned links from a help search or specific topic see detailed description below does not do anything at all Nothing happens no new windows open no new information is given no error or warning messages are given nothing happens at all Problem Description Detailed To locate the problem area being discussed follow these steps in the same version of MS Word listed at the top of this post From within MS Word Select vew from the menu bar A drop Editor: broken! Basic links help Word, Office Visual 2003, MS are Some down menu appears Select quot Toolbars quot Make sure the Check box next to quot Visual Basic quot is checked Select the quot Visual Basic quot icon from the Visual Basic Toolbar This opens the visual basic editor Select Help from the Menu Bar within the Visual Basic Office 2003, MS Word, Visual Basic Editor: Some help links are broken! Editor A drop down menu appears Select quot Microsoft Visual Basic Help quot A Window opens with the tittle quot Visual Basic Help quot Note This is where the problems can be located This problem has two parts Note The st problem appears to depend on the nd problem e g Fixing the nd problem quot might quot solve the st problem st Problem Many of the search results returned from the search field located in the quot Visual Basic Help quot Window do not yield links that work Clicking on them does nothing nd Problem There are three Office 2003, MS Word, Visual Basic Editor: Some help links are broken! quot Topics Office 2003, MS Word, Visual Basic Editor: Some help links are broken! quot listed below the search field Topic quot Microsoft Word Visual Basic Reference quot Topic quot Microsoft Visual Basic Documentation quot Topic quot Microsoft Office Visual Basic Reference quot Of these three Topic yields links and or results that do nothing when selected or clicked on Both Topics and give good links and results that can be utalized and work but links returned from Topic Microsoft Visual Basic Documentation do not do anything at all when they are selected or clicked on Questions What can I do to fix this problem How can I get the links from Topic listed above in the nd problem to work correctly when they are selected or clicked on If by some chance the Microsoft Visual Basic Documentation was installed incorrectly by the installation software how can this be rectified Please help and thank you for your time effort and patients with this issue nbsp

A:Office 2003, MS Word, Visual Basic Editor: Some help links are broken!

The problem of not having all the help files occurs when Office 2003 is not completely installed. Specifically when Access is not installed along with Word.

To rectify the problem.

Select: "Add remove programs" from the control panel.
Select: Microsoft Office (Your version)
Select: "Change"
When prompted: Select Access, and make sure the "Advanced" checkbox (located in the lower left) is selected.
From the advanced window, select only the help files from the programs that were not installed.

For anything else you do not wish to be installed, you can typically only select 'install on first use' to keep the software from being installed until your ready to use it. Unfortunately Microsoft does not give the option to only install the Help files of the other office products without at least selecting "install on first use". There are no options to leave those products uninstalled. However, Microsoft does claim that the help files will remain on the computer if you fully install Office and then uninstall only the products you don't wish to use.

A Reference article for this post (from Microsoft) can be located here:
"Visual Basic Documentation Help topic is not displayed in an Office Professional Edition 2003 program"
Knowledge base article ID#: 887706

Closing Notes:
I apologize if answering my own post seems a little strange. I wasn't able to find a solution to this problem for the longest time, until right after I made the post. (Sort of like washing your car right before it starts to rain.) In any case, I hope this post can help others who were suffering from any similar frustrations. Thank you for your time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-ms-word-visual-basic-editor-some-help-links-are-broken.698644/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey there

I am running Vista x 64 and have just started (yesterday) using Firefox for my internet as I had problems with Internet Explorer. That part is all working good now, however, I am trying to do an email signature in Microsoft Outlook 2003. When I try to advance edit, it is saying "Could not find an editor for H (.) files. This happened when we first loaded Outlook about a year ago and we had to change the program association with HTML to Microsoft Word (that was also when we were using Internet Explorer). I have done this again via the control panel and as it was set to Firefox I changed the default to Microsoft Word but it hasn't resolved the problem and I still get the same error.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Thanks

A:Outlook 2003 - Advanced Editor H File Error

Hi Me,

All the other posters are now asking, who is me?

I told you that I do not know how to solve this problem, at least in an Ortodox way.

Since, I know something about your history. Give this a try. Go to the site that I will supply and try to download Internet Explorer, again. The worst that could happen is that you get a message that you already have it. But it may go through the procedure of installing again. If so it may work with your Outlook 03, like it did in the past.

Make a system restore point just in case.

The cost is a big smilely face, in the event that my idea works..

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...D-227368A7875A

When you go to the site use FF. If you use IE, it will detect and refuse to install, again.

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/software/266667-outlook-2003-advanced-editor-h-file-error.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I am thinking of going back to word, but I want to be able to insert a signature when I want, is there a button for that? How do I only insert it selectively?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-word-as-email-editor-in-outlook.476159/
Relevancy 91.59%

I have Windows XP sp Outlook SP Word SP Now here is what happened i had Outlook installed and i was able to use word as my email editor Then i had to install outlook so that i could syncronize my quot IPAQ quot hand held now when i send email messages i word does not open Now i have gone into tools options Mailformat to change the message format to Outlook 2002 editor-word & email use word as the email editor AND here is the problem I am not able to select these boxes as they are greyed out i am able to select the quot compose in this message format quot I am also not allowed to change the stationary but i can change the fonts i do have a signature I followed the help procedure Turn Word on or off as your e-mail editor or viewer Do one of the following Turn Word on or off as your default e-mail editor for all new messages From the main Outlook window click the Tools menu click Options and then click the Mail Format tab Select or clear the Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages check box Turn Word on as your e-mail editor for one new message But as noted above i was not able to do that secondly i tried the following On the Actions menu point to New Mail Message Using and then click Microsoft Word message format i tried this but i got the following error message MICROSOFT OUTLOOK quot Can t create the item quot please advise what could be wrong here Officework nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-email-editor-word.324067/
Relevancy 91.59%

I am running XP Pro with Office 2000. I have been using Word as the email editor for Outlook for some time. For no apparant reason it now won't fire up Word when needed. I've checked the 'use Word as email editor' box but when I come to want to use Word as the editor it gives me a message that Word is busy or can't find it and the box becomes unchecked.

Can't find any help in the Microsoft knowledge base and would rather not have to reinstall Office

Any help much appreciated.

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-outlook-and-word-as-email-editor.347183/
Relevancy 89.44%

I am using Outlook 2002 and selected (1) html as email format and (2) "Use Microsoft Word 2002 to edit email messages." Problem is that Outlook attaches one or more empty browser documents called header.htm to each outgoing email. When opening this file (header.htm), it contains nothing.

If I deselect "Use Microsoft Word to edit email messages" no header file is attached. What do I have to do to send emails using the html format while using Microsoft Word to edit messages without this attached header.htm?

My operating system is XP with Service Pack 2 installed.

Thanks in advance for your help

A:Using Word as email editor in Outlook attaches header.htm files

From what I can find it "appears" to be in normal.dot

" It sounds like normal.dot or email.dot has been modified where text/fields
are included in the header/footer. You will need to make sure nothing is in
either of these two fields or the recipient will always receive the
header.htm file."

IF you have not knowingly customized the normal.dot then you can delete it and Word will creat a clean one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-word-as-email-editor-in-outlook-attaches-header-htm-files.284687/
Relevancy 87.72%

I'm using mail merge in Word 2003 on XP for a company holiday newsletter. It doesn't allow me to choose email merge--that option is disabled. (See picture.) Why? I can send individual emails without any trouble. I've also successfully used email merge in Word on another XP computer in the past.

A:Can't email merge in Word 2003

bump--any guesses?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-email-merge-in-word-2003.881848/
Relevancy 87.72%

Using Office 2003 and attempting to use Word 2003 to send as attachment.
I open up a W2K3 Document and attempt to send via email as attachment. When I click on send, absolutely nothing happens. I attempt to exit and the document requests saving which I do. When I go to Outlook 2003 the email is in the "In Box". When I open that email, it notes that it has not been sent. When I click on send, it goes and all is well. Problem is that we need it to be sent out of the Word Document itself.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Young

Relevancy 86.86%

I am using the mail merge wizard in Word to create address mailing labels from a mailing list I saved in an Excel worksheet Everything is fine I ve tested is several times But there s one very aggravating little problem The labels are all created with a at 2003-space beg.of line Labels-Mail 1st & 2003 Merge,Word Excel space in front of the first line name on each and every label I want them to look like this John Smith Main Street Charlottesville VA But instead they all look like this the underscore I typed in is actually just a blank space John Smith Main Street Charlottesville VA I ve tried everything I can think of The spreadsheet cells for names do not have an extra space in them before the names I have one column in the spreadsheet called Name that has the entire name of the person I want to appear on the first line so I m not using separate values for first name and last name it s just Labels-Mail Merge,Word 2003 & Excel 2003-space at beg.of 1st line one Name Please advise Thanks so much nbsp

A:Labels-Mail Merge,Word 2003 & Excel 2003-space at beg.of 1st line

Yup. It's a PITA. You need to NOT use the Address Block. Instead, insert the individual fields. See this article:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/insert_merge_fields_in_microsoft_word.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/labels-mail-merge-word-2003-excel-2003-space-at-beg-of-1st-line.520448/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have Word 2003 and 2013 installed on my computer. Word 2013 can't edit files with custom XML elements, so I want to use 2003 to open them. However, whenever I double-click an XML file, it launches 2013. I tried to fix this by selecting "open with" and browsing for Word 2003. But whenever I do that, the program that appears in the open with dialog box is Word 2013--not 2003. I can't select Word 2003 from any open with dialog box from anywhere because of this. How do I fix this?

A:Word 2013 and 2003 installed; default programs won't recognize 2003

It's actually best recommended not to have 2 versions of MS office at the same time, but I guess yours is a special case.

Try opening Word 2003 and open your document from there. See if it works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/340317-word-2013-2003-installed-default-programs-wont-recognize-2003-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a number of standard letters which require a dropdown box to be populated with a list of over names When thinking this through I figured that it would be best due to restrictions on the network so I m unable to use an access database to produce this list in Excel Along with corresponding lists 2003 in Excel Populate Word box a list in a from 2003 dropdown of email and telephone numbers Unfortunately I m finding it very difficult to get the information onto the dropdown So far the code I have is Private Sub UserForm Click Define Variables Dim Populate a dropdown box in Word 2003 from a list in Excel 2003 xlNames As Excel Workbook Dim rsNames As Recordset Dim cmbNames Populate a dropdown box in Word 2003 from a list in Excel 2003 As Populate a dropdown box in Word 2003 from a list in Excel 2003 ComboBox Dim i As Integer Dim SocServs As Worksheet open the spreadsheet to access the information Set xlNames Excel Workbooks Open quot C Documents and Settings My Documents SocServs xls quot set up and activate the appropriate worksheet Set SocServs xlNames Application Sheets quot SocServs quot SocServs Activate retrieve the information from the named column in the spreadsheet Set rsNames SocServs Columns i With rsNames This code populates the combo box with the values in the Names column of that there spreadsheet I fervently hope Do Until EOF cmbNames AddItem i cmbNames Column i Fields quot Names quot Next i i Loop End With End Sub There s a few errors in there which I can t seem to surmount The coding doesn t seem to recognise the fact that I ve got a named range in the spreadsheet I ve been working on this now for about week I ve trawled through many different websites of help and have finally decided to ask before the person I m doing the work for gets too agitated or alternatively I fling my pc out the window Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer Laura nbsp

A:Populate a dropdown box in Word 2003 from a list in Excel 2003

Is there any particular reason why you are needing to do this using VBA? You can populate a cell with your multiple choice options using Excel's built in Data Validation feature. Simply select the cell you want the options to appear in and click DATA --> VALIDATION and then select "ALLOW LIST" from the options. Then select the range of cells that contains your list of names.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/populate-a-dropdown-box-in-word-2003-from-a-list-in-excel-2003.593526/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi

help with this would be very appreciated.

We run windows xp, word 2003 and excel 2003

we have created a mail-merge between our database of patients in excel and word, but when we come to the section where we tick the boxes next to the people required for the mail-merge we can select only 1 or 2 or 100, but when the mail-merge goes to the next section it has reverted to selecting the whole database of patients, which when your trying the send a letter to only a few people and it instead tries to print 5000+ letters is annoying to say the least.

i have tried changing the database to running from access, and i have started fresh and re done the mail-merge letter but this is all to no avail as the same error occurs???

any ideas,
please help

A:Mail merge problem using excel 2003 and word 2003

There may be some bad data within the columns that may be causing your issue. Look to see if there something out of the ordinary within the dataset you are trying to use for the mail merge. I think one may be column headings with spaces in them and another may be where two or more rows may have meen merged in your spreadsheet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mail-merge-problem-using-excel-2003-and-word-2003.1001978/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi - just looking for some help as getting a bit annoyed cos it s not working I ve got a - IFstatements 2003 2003 with Merge Help Excel Mail & Word using table which contains people s details What I m trying to do is Mail Merge - Help with Word 2003 & Excel 2003 using IFstatements if the person has no date of birth on file i e they are over year of age for the merge to put a tick into a column but if the person has a date of birth on file i e under years of age for the merge to leave the column blank The column after this will contain the date of birth if any In the over box I ve put the following function IF MERGEFIELD DATE OF BIRTH quot quot quot CHECKED TICKED BOX SYMBOL quot quot UNCHECKED BOX SYMBOL quot As each form will contain anything from to records the lines which wouln t contain any merged data i e if only names to merge into a form the last rows of the form would be blank - but it keeps merging in a ticked box for all the rows even if there is only one row of data Hope this makes sense Thanks in advance for any help advice nbsp

A:Mail Merge - Help with Word 2003 & Excel 2003 using IFstatements

This does not sound like a merge function, it sounds like you are just validating data in a cell and based on that cells content putting a check in a check box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mail-merge-help-with-word-2003-excel-2003-using-ifstatements.931498/
Relevancy 85.57%

Merge to email does not seem to work using Word with Excel on Vista Word doc is merged with Excel Problem Vista Merge on 2003 Email Word - to spreadsheet that contains names and email addresses The application works perfectly on Win XP but on Merge to Email Problem - Word 2003 on Vista the new Vista machine it works perfectly up to the point of clicking the merge to email icon on Word s merge toolbar which is Merge to Email Problem - Word 2003 on Vista grayed out on the vista machine but fine on the xp machine Just to check my own sanity i copied both word doc and spreadsheet over to my xp machine and it works fine So Vista seems to be the culprit In a google search I turned up very little on the problem -- suggesting user error on my part -- but i did find a reference to the need for a win ini entry vista apparently does not have a win ini and then some other reference though nothing substantive about using a registry to supplant the win ini entry I know the simple answer is to run it on the xp machine mine and not on the Vista machine my wife s Nuf said about that option Thanks in advance for any help tom nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

I've tried numerous times to set up an Outlook acct in order to be able to email docs from Word. When I would click on mail, an outlook email window would open but "send" etc buttons don't work.

Today, I tried to intergrate Outlook to use my MSN Acct. That failed, too. Can't even get an email window to pop up in Word now.

I acquired my Office Word 2003 by downloading a 3-mo. trial version that came w/my new PC/Windows XP. Trial period is over and I have NOT converted to the full Office 2003 program.

Once Trail period expired, it's my understanding that not all Word functions are now available to me.

Could it be that being able to email from Word is one of the functions I lost?

A:Solved: Unable to use email in office word 2003

In "reduced functionality mode" Word is effectively just a viewer and can print the document, that is all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-use-email-in-office-word-2003.582223/
Relevancy 85.14%

Just started to set up Outlook. Have entered two email addresses. Mine and my wife.
Imported addresses & folders from OE. Some folders have different names in each email address. Everything from my email folders has been duplicated under wife (she had no files) where the folders are the same name ie inbox, deleted files, etc . When a new email arrives it goes to both. When I delete, it deletes from both. Suggestions please.

A:outlook 2003 - email

Have you set up two completely different Profiles with completely different data files in Outlook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email.430011/
Relevancy 85.14%

I just starte using Outlook 2003.
I have a Yahoo and a Hotmail email account.
When I send a message to myself at either address, the email only goes to the Outbox and some time later I get messages such as:

< Task 'Yahoo - Sending' reported error (0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the server failed.
The server responded ''. ' >

What may be wrong? What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance for all help offered.

Amarysio

Relevancy 85.14%

HELP! changed email hosting servers so had to make changes in accounts.....now emails, and copies are going to all wrong personal folder inboxes...any suggestions? THX

Relevancy 85.14%

When using Outlook 2003, if I have a new message up to write, or a reply, and open Word, the message I am writing is listed as a 2nd window of Microsoft Office. I do not have Word checked as my editor, and it's not an issue of editing. Since Office 2003 is all inclusive, does this mean that whatever I have open in ANY Office application will be grouped in one button on the taskbar? Did this make any sense? Thanks!!

A:Outlook 2003, new msg in Word on taskbar

It didn't make any sense at all. I don't notice any difference about the way that Office 2003 handles the taskbar....unless...you have come from Office 97.

In that case, you're not used to Word having multiple buttons in the taskbar, one for each document. If that's the case, go open Word and go to Tools-Options, View tab, and uncheck Windows in taskbar....or whatever they call it these days.

Outlook also can be set to hide itself on the systray (near your clock) if you minimize it. I didn't like it 'cause I kept opening it from my QuickLaunch and QuickLY found out that I had a dozen instances of Outlook running

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-new-msg-in-word-on-taskbar.233186/
Relevancy 85.14%

I do apologize in advance, as I did not see a post on here concerning this although there may have been one.

I was wondering if it is possible to use Word 2000 for the default text editor with Outlook 2003. I saw that the boxes were there for Word 2003, however they were "greyed" out.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-word-2000.277267/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have Outlook 2010 but it does not work with my Word 2003. I do not have the spell check as a write and there is no integration with Word 2003. Is there a way in which I can integrate these programs or do I have to buy the Word 2010? I'm absolutely happy with the 2003 version.

A:Outlook 2010 with Word 2003

Just as a starter, here is a comparison of Using Outlook 2010 with or without Word 2010 installed - Outlook - Microsoft Office.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/133882-outlook-2010-word-2003-a.html
Relevancy 85.14%

For reasons relating to my work, I use MS Word 2003 on a WinXP machine as the Outlook email editor. Every now and then it appears that Word says that 'address' has been deleted, a check in Outlook finds the address or contact is still there. I am assuming that Word maintains some sort of database/memory of contact addresses over and above Outlook contacts I havent been able to find a fix for this - is there some kind person out there that can resolve this?

Cheers echalky

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81277/ms-word-2003-outlook-interface/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a Windows SP computer that had Office installed on it I uninstalled that program and installed Office XP Then a while later that was uninstalled and Office was installed Now I seem to have problems The quot Outlook quot Icon that normally appears when you install & TROUBLES! WORD OUTLOOK 2003 Office shows up but not with the quot outlook logo quot rather with the windows logo that appears when it doesn t understand a file extension If you click OUTLOOK & WORD 2003 TROUBLES! on it Outlook does open While in Outlook if you try to reply to or create email with the quot use Word quot checked off it will tell you that quot Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor However Word is unavailable not listed or is not the same version as Outlook The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead Can t find this file Make sure the path and file name are correct quot Sometimes when you open Word it just says quot installing quot and nothing happens Sometimes it opens When I try to double click on doc files they will not open in Word However if I have Word open and say FILE gt gt OPEN and choose the file they open HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-word-2003-troubles.328615/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have been battling with Microsoft Outlook for a while now The Problem I have created several macros they all accomplish the same thing and every time I make a button for the macro and add it to the toolbar it disappears after an Outlook restart I originally only had two buttons that i created which actually have stayed like they should Any new buttons disappear as described above The macros remain Help 2003 with Buttons Outlook/Word but the buttons disappear Background I have created a few macros to add text into the subject line This text includes a one time manual entry into the code as well as the macro grabbing the date and putting it into a specific format before adding it to the subject line The code can be seen below Sub XXX On Error Resume Next Set msg ActiveDocument MailEnvelope Item GetInspector CurrentItem Today Format Now quot yymmdd quot If Not msg Is Nothing Help with Outlook/Word 2003 Buttons Then msg Subject quot XXX quot amp Today quot - quot msg Subject End If msg Subject Nothing End Sub -This is run on MS Outlook using MS Word as the editor so it is technically a Word macro -Windows XP OS Things I have tried I have tried using the a switch which sometimes runs a utility I was told didn t work I have edited Normal dot didn t work I have deleted Normal dot and allowed a new one to be created didn t work I have repeated the two above but doing it to Email dot I have played with the code to see if that changed anything didn t work Does anyone know how to fix this problem I appreciate the help nbsp

A:Help with Outlook/Word 2003 Buttons

As stated in your other thread, please consult with your IT department.

Closing thread.

If you start another thread for this issue, your account will be disabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-outlook-word-2003-buttons.797626/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi All,

One of my users is having a problem with Outlook. They currently have Word as their e-mail editor (this is a must).

Every time they receive a certain HTML e-mail it will take around 1 minutes 30 seconds to bring up the reply box.

They are using 2003 with SP3.

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated .

Thanks a lot,
Danny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-2003-outlook-problems.675396/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi,
my pc is really slow when using Outlook 2003, it's always not respond and I have to kill it. than the error message is from Microsoft Visual Basic :Compile Error in hidden module: Autoexec.

C:\DOCUME~1\VANESS~1.PC2\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa1bf.dir00\OUTLOOK.EXE.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\VANESS~1.PC2\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa1bf.dir00\appcompat.txt

szAppName : OUTLOOK.EXE szAppVer : 11.0.5510.0 szModName : hungapp szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

I'm using Windows XP Home edition version 2002 with ServicePack 2, Microsoft Office 2003 Professional edition, Avast 4, my PC is an HP Pavilion. X86
Do you need more information ?
thanks a lot for your help,
Vanessa

A:my pc is really slow when using Outlook or Word 2003

Hi Vanessa, you have some missing files that enable word to operate correctly.These files could have gone awol many different ways, i suspect an anti-virus has accidently deleted them, or sometimes a computer crash will dump them.There are two easy ways of recovering these files as follows---------

1: click start/run
2: Type in: helpctr.exe

This should open your help centre window which you should maximise

3: Choose tools and then system restore
4: Select restore my computer to an earlier time which will bring up a calender, please note you should select a date that you know your computer was working to your satisfaction.

Now it is important to save this page or cut and paste these instructions as system restore will restart your pc.
System restore IS NOT A RE-INSTALLATION AND WILL NOT ERASE ANY OF YOUR DATA. Any changes made with systm restore are completely reversable.

5: Now click confirm system restore and your pc will will emit a blue screen whilst showing you a progress meter.

6: Welcome back !! Your reading this so all is going to plan. Now you need to open word (or the program with missing files)and do a test run.

If your program is still not responing in the correct manner then you will have to re-install it, you will need the original Microsoft Office disk in order to do this. Re-installing Office will not erase any word or other office based documents.

7:Insert the Office disk and it should autorun, if not then manually open it by clicking your CD-Rom drive (Usually the (F:) Drive.

8: Click install and wait for the options to appear. If you choose to re-intall the package you will need the product code which is usually on the back of the CD case. I would suggest choosing the repair option that will not ask you for the product key.

This should now rewrite the missing files and office should be ok....

Best of luck Dudes hope this post is helpful

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-pc-is-really-slow-when-using-outlook-or-word-2003-a-207967.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Word and Outlook both do about the same thing, except word does it immediately and outlook takes a minute. The program will start and a few seconds later my screen goes black and when it comes back my graphics are all kinds of messed up. Everything works right it is just really funny looking, sorta blurry or low color numbers.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, i have downloaded microsoft service pack 2...still no worky!!!
Please help i miss outlook, while i am using express.
Thanks
Becca

A:Word and Outlook 2003 problems

Bump...also to add that i use windows xp pro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-and-outlook-2003-problems.555495/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello All

Looking for an explaination for this issue, client I support would like to send a word attachment via MS Outlook 03 but using the send to function in Word 2003 and selecting the mail recepient as attachment option, however the reciepients never get the email nor does it go into his sent folder. I have tested it and sent it to myself and have yet to receive anything. He does not get any error msgs, delivery failures etc... He can send the doc as an attachment by doing it the regular way through Outlook and it works and the msg goes to his sent folder.

Anyone come across this before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-sending-email-using-send-to-feature-in-ms-word-2003.669589/
Relevancy 84.71%

I had a Windows XP corruption to my system folder wherein I had to reinstall my operating system and "wipe out" my harddrive.

I have my entire "old" harddrive with all settings, files, etc. on it, and now my computer is up and running with Windows Vista Business.

I have successfully added my old PST file to the new OS and it works, however how can I get my Outlook 2003 rules, email accounts, etc? I'm not able to "export" as I cannot run the old Outlook program?...

Are these files located somewhere that I can manually add them (replace, whatever) to the new Vista OS/hard drive?

Thanks in advance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-rules-email-accts-settings-from-outlook-2003-to-outlook-07.638548/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have an associate that cannot see the content of some emails unless she selects Reply or Forward, then the text becomes visible. If she opens the email, or tries to view it in the Preview Pane, it appears blank. These are emails from 2 different people. I had seen something similar before and a bad Hardware Profile was the culprit. Deleted the hardware profile, created another one and it worked well. That does not fix this problem.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-blank-email-in-outlook-2003.870677/
Relevancy 84.28%

I need to restore, copy, bring over, what ever you want to call it, but I need access to all of my personal folders and email that was left on my computer when I changed over to Windows 7. I successfully completed a Windows 7 Clean install after backing up my hard drive on to an external 250 gig flash (G). I also know and found that Windows 7 created a ?Windows old? file on my hard drive, that also houses my Outlook 2003 backup (As I use the PST Backup utility).
I thought I could just copy the outlook file, rename the file (OutlookXPEmail) and place it in the Windows 7 Outlook file. See attached. But what do I do now? I am still running Outlook 2003, the same program that I was using when I was running XP. Can anyone help me?
Doc3.doc

A:How to access old email from XP Outlook 2003

file / open / outlook data file?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/60351-how-access-old-email-xp-outlook-2003-a.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi to all, it has been a while since I have been back here. My request is, I have a user who has a new laptop replacing his old one. He is running Windows XP Pro and Office 2003 on both laptops. I used the file and transfer wizard, but he still has email on his old laptop in the inbox that he would like to merg with the email in his new laptop in the inbox. Would you be able to point me to the right direction. Thanks.

A:Merging email from Outlook 2003

I guess no one can help me in this matter, so I will move on to another forum.

Thanks anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/merging-email-from-outlook-2003.414937/
Relevancy 84.28%

Really quick and probably easy question. I want to back up all my emails to a CD before I do a format reinstall. Is there any way to do this in Outlook 2003?

A:Backing Up Email in Outlook 2003

Hi xSoilworkeRx

If you have any Rules you would like to save, Export them and save the resulting .rwz file.
Tools > Rules and Alerts > E-mail Rules tab > Options > Export

Do a search for .pst files.
These contain your messages as well as your Contacts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/backing-up-email-in-outlook-2003.434217/
Relevancy 84.28%

We use XP and have a secured network, my users can log on to different computers and add their email acct to the computer and access their mail. Only this time one of my users did that but in the process did something wrong and now when she logs on to her regular computer and opens her email none of the messages are there. But when she logs back on to the pc she was borrowing earlier all her emails are there. Not sure what to do??
THanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-issue.905126/
Relevancy 84.28%

While trying to fix an issue with selecting text, I got a .cab error that has now been fixed.

However, now when I open Outlook, it is asking to establish a new email account, as if I am a first time user. i can't access the existing email account, and all of the emails, folders etc. An archive.pst file still exists and by the size appears to contain all emails, folders etc.

Does anyone know how I can locate and reinstate the existing email account to access the existing emails etc.?

If this is not possible, can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?

Thanks,

Hotchi

A:Outlook 2003 email account gone

Hotchi said:

can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?Click to expand...

Yes, I'd say your best option is to do that. Luckily you still have the previous PST file

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-email-account-gone.122496/
Relevancy 84.28%

I'm using Outlook 2003 in Win7 and trying to send an excel .xls file to a mac user and he keeps getting a winmail1dat file. According to Googled how-to info, this is what happens if you email in rich text format which I am not. I'm in HTML mode. He can receive .xls in plain text. Another mac friend gets the same .xls file in HTML just fine. ???

Any suggestions without sending in plain text just to this one user everytime?

A:Outlook 2003 won't email .xls files to a mac

Tell the recipient to save then rename winmail1.dat to winmail1.xls. He/she should then be able to open it in Excel.
I've no idea why they are receiving it as a dat file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-wont-email-xls-files-to-a-mac.1023551/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello,

Someone in our office has been trying to send emails with attachments, but they have been running unusually slowly. She is using a notebook, and she is attached to the network through an Ethernet connection. The software is Outlook Professional 2003. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-attachments-in-outlook-2003.438476/
Relevancy 84.28%

Within the past five days I have been having trouble displaying Email Display Outlook 2003 some of my HTML emails I don t Outlook 2003 Email Display recall making any changes however I suppose must have I am using XP and Outlook Now when viewing many of my HTML emails they come through looking like the one below However it is important to note that it is not ALL HTML emails only some I m guessing it may be a security setting but I m not sure Here is an example What just a few days ago came through as a friendly HTML format now appears like this To ensure your MyPoints email is delivered to your inbox be sure to add email protected to your email address book or contact list MyPoints lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail MyPointsLogo gif gt BonusMail lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail BonusMail gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt Member Info Name Ryan Point Balance My Account lt https www mypoints com emp u member viewMember do gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt Earning more Points is fast amp easy Read this BonusMail and visit the partner site Get Points Respond to this offer Get Points lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt Once you get to What to Expect online sign up for the program Receive Points lt http www mypoints com emp u ma do mt P yGR HOPkXBR ZHxrTtUviXLMvRtzV amp arr s gt lt http www mypoints com z b spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z b author image jpg gt Every mom needs a home away from home a place to find support answers friends and advice she can depend on That s why there s What to Expect the ultimate online resource for moms and moms-to-be Registration is quick easy FREE and gives you instant access to everything you ll need from preconception to pregnancy to parenting through the toddler years Sign up today and personalize the What to Expect experience for you and your growing family No matter where you are in your pregnancy or parenting journey you ll find thousands of other members who share your anticipation your dreams and let s face it your questions on What to Expect Won t you join us All the best lt http www mypoints com z b spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z b author signature jpg gt lt http www mypoints com emp u ma do mt P yGR HOPkXBR ZHxrTtUviXLMvRtzV amp arr s gt lt http www mypoints com z b join wte content right gif gt lt http www mypoints com z b img content right jpg gt Get mom-to-mom advice and support lt http www mypoints com z b img content right jpg gt Track and record magical milestones lt http www mypoints com z b img content right jpg gt Share family photos and stories lt http www mypoints com z b img content right jpg gt Receive custom articles and info lt http www mypoints com z b img content right jpg gt Create your personal home page and blog lt http www mypoints com emp u ma do mt P yGR HOPkXBR ZHxrTtUviXLMvRtzV amp arr s gt lt http www mypoints com z b spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z b bg bottom new gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt Hurry This Point Offer Expires June Points for this offer can only be earned once lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt Once you get to What to Expect online sign up for the program Receive Points lt http mypoints com images a water... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-display.714630/
Relevancy 84.28%

How do I setup an email template to open when I select New with a jpg picture as the header, the curser open under it and then the normal signature...with spell check working for the text? Would be best if on reply it did not have the header (different template?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-template.413050/
Relevancy 84.28%

I cannot open sent email in Outlook 2003. It gives me an error message saying OLE Registration Error occured.

Can anyone please help me/

Thanks
Ritesh

A:Cannot open sent email in Outlook 2003

Try this:
Disable outlook express through windows add and remove windows components then re-enabbled outlook express.
If that doesn't work, try this:
Start> Run> type:
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\ole32.dll then OK.
Click OK at the registration message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-sent-email-in-outlook-2003.448884/
Relevancy 84.28%

My outlook 2003 has problem, It always download the same emails when I click send/receive, which means I could get same emails some time in my inbox. Can anyone advice how to solve?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-repetation-in-outlook-2003.417489/
Relevancy 84.28%

Operating System - Win XP. I am trying to set up Outlook 2003 to use for email. I have reached the stage where I test the Account settings. The test ticks all the boxes except the last one "Send test email message". I get an report which tells me that Outlook cannot connect with the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) - even though it has previously ticked the SMTP box. Any ideas ?

A:Setting Up Outlook 2003 for email

Click on "More Settings" button on the config screen. Goto the 2nd Tab (I guess its called Outgoing server) and enable My outgoing server requires authentication. If you are using an email service thats different from your internet service , let me know , I will give you a workaround.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-outlook-2003-for-email.586755/
Relevancy 84.28%

Suddenly we are experiencing random delayed emails.

Inbound email arrives at Barracuda, hands off to email server on Nitix server, workstations are running Outlook 2003.

Not all email is delayed, only random.

Example: Barracuda receives at 8:27:55 AM, Nitix webmail posts at 8:29:13 AM, Outlook posted at 10:06 PM

Workstations are running McAfee Total Business. Uninstalled on one workstation. Still had some delayed email.

Only semi common denominator is seems to effect emails from most frequent senders.

Any ideas?
thanks,
Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delayed-email-into-outlook-2003.856299/
Relevancy 84.28%

I had a problem with email showing sent - actually residing in the “Sent” box but no one was receiving any emails from me regardless of being replied to or new.

After hours of trouble shooting it came down to the signature.

With signature removed I can now send email that is received.

Any signature I include stops the email from being received. This just started happening about 2 weeks ago.

Anyone know of any fixes ???

A:Outlook 2003 will not deliver email

whats in the signature,

if you just type your name in text

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-will-not-deliver-email.740083/
Relevancy 84.28%

Outlook 2003 hyperlinks
When inserting a hyperlink into an HTML email, I find that I cannot click on the link whilst composing, the recipients will be able to click on the link once it has sent. Is this a 'design feature' of Outlook 2003? just wondering!?

A:Outlook 2003 hyperlinks - in a new email?

I've had this problem in Outlook 2000 as well, but it doesn't bother me as a quick copy and paste to use it works for me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-hyperlinks-in-a-new-email.513110/
Relevancy 84.28%

For some reason, I cannot receive emails now on my outlook on this pc (work). My home PC works fine.

I even run the "test account settings" and everything works, except I dont receive the outlook test message. I do the the files up on the webmail, but for some reason they are not downloading. I am able to send emails.

I get the following error.

Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK 27061 octets follow'

and the same message, but

+OK 3753 octets follow

for the second email address.
These both reside with the same ISP, but on seperate servers.

Relevancy 84.28%

I would like to send a mass email to all of my Outlook contacts (Professional Outlook 2003) without having to click on each one. My thought is that there MUST be an easy way to do this, but I cannot find it. I would appreciate any helpful info from one wiser than me. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-to-all-contacts.1092455/
Relevancy 84.28%

Anyone have any ideas for email encryption? Im not sure if I want to have a Key etc... Is there any other option for encryption? There are mainly 5 or so people that need to send secure mail out of the 100 users here.. please throw any ideas at me.. thanks!

A:Email Encryption Outlook 2003

Look up PGP on google.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-encryption-outlook-2003.356592/
Relevancy 84.28%

I get the following error message (0x800CCC7D) when I try to send email:

Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL-secured connections.

I checked with my ISP (Verizon) and they checked and concluded all my settings in Outlook were correct. They said to contact Microsoft.

Microsoft forums were of no help.

Any ideas?

Tom

A:Outlook 2003 Won't Send Email

I've seen that on infected computers where the SMTP connection was being redirected to another server in order to collect the cleartext username and password info.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513996/outlook-2003-wont-send-email/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi

How does one print Outlook email addresses or save them to a file. I have tried so many things to no avail. As I cannot figure out how to back up the address book, I thought that saving the emails in file or printing out would be a work around solution to a back up.

Thank you!!!

Vivienne

Relevancy 84.28%

Am trying -using 7zip- to compress & email but unable to do so as Outlook is not my default. Apparently Live Mail is.

How can I change please?

Thanks.

A:MS Outlook 2003 - Default email

One of the following links should help:
Set Outlook 2003 as default mail client in Windows 2007 - Microsoft Community
Outlook -> Tools -> Options -> Other tab -> Check 'Make Outlook the
default program'

Also:
Default Programs - Set a Program's Default Associations

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/259141-ms-outlook-2003-default-email.html
Relevancy 84.28%

When I respond to email messages I get the attached error message. What setting(s) do i need to change?

A:MS Outlook 2003 Email Issue

Looks like you are responding to e-mails in html mode. Your IE internet/intranet settings are probably set to not allow active X controls which isn't really a great problem unless you can't stand the message. Open IE internet options and go to the security tab -custom level, scroll down and make sure the following are checked:

run active x controls and plugins
script activex controls marked safe for scripting

or if your not totally paranoid set the internet zone to medium high. Hopefully that helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/281039/ms-outlook-2003-email-issue/
Relevancy 84.28%

This is my first post here, hope I do it right.
I tried to send a spread sheet as an attachment but I keep getting an error message "the connection was interrupted"
error 451.
I suspect the attachment is just too large so I want to just delete it but I can't move it or delete it because outlook has already started sending the message.
Does any one have any suggesting how I can delete this message?
I keep getting this error every few minutes when ever I have outlook running.

Thanks

A:Outlook 2003 email problem

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, jscatam1128.

Here is the solution to your issue:

Turn off your computer.
Disconnect your PC from the cable modem. Now launch Outlook. Outlook will try to do a send/receive cycle, but it will fail pretty quickly. Now, you can open the outbox and delete the stuck message. Close Outlook, turn your computer off again, reconnect the PC, boot up, and you should be back in business.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215838/outlook-2003-email-problem/
Relevancy 84.28%

I can't get outlook 2003 to divert incoming emails to another email accout. There is not a "DIVERT" option in the list of optioins. There is a "FORWARD" option and it works but it sends the message as a forwarded message with the lead in stuff in the email as it arrives at the second account.
The MS help web page indicates that there should be a "DIVERT" option that will make the message received by the second email account look like it had been sent directly to it. This is what I want but the "DIVERT" option is not shown in the "Rules and Alerts" menu options.
What am I doing wrong?

Don

A:Outlook 2003 email diverting

I believe that diverting or redirecting incoming e-mails in Outlook requires sending and receiving e-mails through a Microsoft Exchange 2000, 2003, or 2007 account. Most home and personal accounts do not use Exchange.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/ha102276681033.aspx#1

Can you provide a link to the MS help page that you mention in your first post?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-diverting.925049/
Relevancy 84.28%

Good Afternoon I work in a very small office of employees We have pc's all running xp sp all connected to a separate server which forwards our email gets data backed up to it etc 2003 receiving outlook not email Around weeks outlook 2003 not receiving email ago one of the machines stopped receiving email through outlook exchange server Email sent from it gets received and it does outlook 2003 not receiving email seem to receive email sent from other people in our office but nothing from outside has come in for quite a while Having read up on a few things on this board amp else where i have so far established Removing the account in outlook and putting it back on again makes no difference Removing the anti virus firewall software did nothing Reinstalling a different antivirus etc avg and running a full virus scan pulled no results Checking and comparing as many of the properties on the server as I can find there is nothing different that i can see between one of the working accounts and the non working one There does not appear to be any mail queued on the server that is not pushing through on the account Having had very little experience in this kind of thing any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Many thanks in advance Sam

A:outlook 2003 not receiving email

Is there a particular 0x800ccc error code or something similar happening when you click send/receive on that machine?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-2003-not-receiving-email-390411.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have thousands of emails I can't access. I have almost 2gb of email in outlook 2003 and it wont open. Please help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197661/outlook-2003-email-crash/
Relevancy 84.28%

When I try to save or add an e-mail attachment outlook freezes-up.
My operating system is XP Pro, any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-attachments-using-outlook-2003.891402/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have set up email signatures and associated them with both "new message" as well as "reply to" functions. They come across fine except that while my "reply to" signature is perfect, my "new message" signature does not show the apporpriate colors but is only B & W. For the life of me I cannot figure this out or fix it. I have tried deleting and creating new signatures, but to no avail. Help please?

Relevancy 83.85%

Can someone tell me what these markings are around the address? I've attached a screenshot of the markings...

This is showing up in Outlook 2003 on a signature with Word 2003 as the default editor. The email is being composed in HTML. The marks don't show up to the person reading the email.

Help! I can't figure out how to get rid of these marks....

Much Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/address-markings-in-word-outlook-2003.758772/
Relevancy 83.85%

Good Morning,

I have an annoying issue with several of my client computers in our Domain.

We use Exchange 2003 + Office 2003 + Windows XP (PRO)

But word is crashing regularly we use it as an email editor for Outlook this is needed for making text bold etc....

After crashing word tries to auto recover all open files and starts with the auto recovery mode.\\

what I have done:
- Have renamed/deleted normal.dot
- cleaned out the autorecovery folder
- repaired office
- reinstalled office
- disabled outlook (Adobe Pro) plugins in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\
- disabled outlook antivirus plugin (Panda Antivirus)

all has no succes.

I had all Microsoft Updates installed.

Who can help, I am getting crazy!

Relevancy 83.85%

I would like to get my word to integrate with my outlook. I am running server 2003 with outlook 2007. When I click on letters and mailings in word I get the address book. When I click the address book it says ms exchange and then it says ms exchange is unavailable. Retry or work offline. I would just like to be able to insert contact into my envelopes and labels. My outlook is set up with contacts not a global mail list. Any ideas? This should be simple but it seems that nothing with microsoft ever is.
Thanks,
Jerry
PS It now will show the global address list and it used to have the contacts listed at the bottom and I could click contacts and then use them. I have global address all contacts etc but not outlook - contacts

Relevancy 83.85%

When I click on my Outlook icon, MS Word suddenly opens also (full screen, in a separate window).

In Outlook, under Tools, Options, Mail Format, I have the option 'use MS office Word 2003 to edit email messages' checked.

This has never happened before today but now it's doing it constantly and it's really getting annoying.

I'm using Win XP Pro, and Office 2003. How can I fix this?

Relevancy 83.85%

hi there:
Where can i find info on the difference bet. Microsoft Outlook 2002 and 2003 and Microsoft Word 2002 and 2003?

Thanks.
Liz

A:Microsoft Outlook and Word 2002/2003...

You could try a Google search, Lizzy:

http://www.google.com/search?q=what...=&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-32,GGLG:en&start=10&sa=N

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-outlook-and-word-2002-2003.412949/
Relevancy 83.85%

Heya Guys,

Not sure if this is the right place too ask, but I am all out of options.

I have this problem with Outlook 2003 & text wrapping: When the email is busy being typed, the wrapping works and it flows over to the next line automatically but when the recipient opens the email its just one long line

We use html email formats.. This problem also onle seems to happen sometimes...

If someone can point me in the right direction i would be gratefull

Thanks
Timmy

A:Microsoft Outlook 2003 & Word Wrapping

Sheesh, not even a I dont know :|

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223198-microsoft-outlook-2003-word-wrapping.html
Relevancy 83.85%

All word doc attachements in outlook 2003 are going out read only.

How can I change the setting back to "normal"???

running windows xp home, office 2003 ... all were recently reinstalled on reformatted hdd.

thanks

Tom O'Connell

A:Outlook 2003 - word doc attachments read only

where are the files when you attach them - from a CD??
The recepient can just save them as a different name

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-word-doc-attachments-read-only.538752/
Relevancy 83.85%

I have just installed Word 2003 and found that I can use it as an email editor. (I use Outlook Express - not Microsoft Outlook - for sending/receiving emails.) When I want to send a Word email, I hit the address book icon and get my Outlook Express addresses - but I can't seem to access them (ie, automatically get an address into the 'send' box.) Anyone got any idea how I can do this - or whether it can be done? (As I said, I don't have Microsoft Outlook and don't particularly want to bother to get it.) Thanks!

A:Word 2003 using Outlook Express addresses

When you click on the e-mail icon and it brings up the heading, just click on the *To* and it will open your addressbook, so that you can pick the address(es) you need. They should then be automatically inserted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-using-outlook-express-addresses.447792/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello Having an issue with one of my end users Windows XP SP Office SP when he is replying to a certain e-mail account it is a Yahoo e-mail address When replying he receives the quot Microsoft word is set to be your e-mail editor However Word is unavailable not installed or is not the - Outlook Error Is Installed 2003 Word Not same version as Outlook Outlook 2003 - Word Is Not Installed Error The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead quot error At this point he can select OK and reply to teh message When looking at his Outlook editor settings the quot use Microsoft Word quot box has been automatically unchecked He is able to re-check the box and use Word for all other e-mails Another strange thing is this does not happen on every e-mail from this Yahoo account only certain ones I had one other user in the past with this same issue except it was a hotmail address he was having issues with and I ended up building a new machine for him he had some other problems with his pc as well and the issue was resolved I have read through multiple threads on various sites and no solutions have resolved the issue A few of the things I have found in various threads that I have tried that have not worked Re-registering the ole dll file Creating a new Outlook profile Running scan pst on his pst file Changing various security settings Repairing Outlook Uninstalling and then re-installing Outlook If anyone has any other ideas please let me know If I can t find a solution that works I will just re-image another machine for him Thanks Steve nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 - Word Is Not Installed Error

Same issue. Have to go back to the user to see if it is one email domain that is causing this.

Question: Does your user also find that Word runs with the hourglass popping up *very* frequently?

One idea from another forum: Did you try to confirm in Word that it is set to same compatibility level as outlook (i.e. both 2003)? TOOLS -- OPTIONS -- COMPATIBILITY tab.

One other "idea:" I know my user loves HTML signatures and was getting Active X warnings for a while. Though no change in Active X settings appears to have preceded this user's error, I suspect it may be contributing....

User info
Win XP SP3
Office 2003 SP3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-word-is-not-installed-error.762036/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hey Guys. I am running windows XP Home edition on a Dell Dimension 8300. What note keeping, letter writing, spread sheet ect. program would you suggest I use. I want something simple to use as I am "not great" on a computer yet. Is there a site to down load from and/or get it at a cheep price or even for free?

Also, is there a easy way to have a spell check tab on my Browser or some where to be able to run spell checks where ever and when ever I want?

Thanx so much! Timex

Relevancy 83.85%

Upon a fresh boot everything is fine. After running Outlook 2003 for a while something changes and the only way to fix it is to reboot.

The Problem: I open an incooming email with an attached Word document. I click on the attachment to open and nothing happens. I close the email and Outlook locks for about 10 seconds, then the screen goes blank except for some grid lines (for about a minute). After that the program returns to normal except for this problem.

I'm using MS Office and Word as my email editor.

Nothing frustrates me more that having to reboot while I am working. Any ideas?

Relevancy 83.85%

Hi, I have installed Office 2003 on my laptop and defaulted it to English UK Dictionaries. Problem occurs when I am spellchecking an email, it always spellschecks with the US dictionary and there is no UK dictionary in the drop down menu for me to select. I have word as my email editor and have double checked all dictionaries and they all say UK. Anyone with any suggestions?

Thx

A:Outlook Word 2003 US Dictionary Error

Hi parabollis,

This may point you in the right direction.

Having set WORD as your email editor in OUTLOOK, it should be using Language and Dictionary settings from WORD.

(For OUTLOOK see Tools / Options / Spelling).

The default dictionary used by WORD is based on your Language setting (Tools / Language e.g. if you specify French then it will be looking for a Dictionary that has French as it's language).
(Don't confuse this with the Custom Dictionary setting).
Also, just because a Dictionary is called something doesn't mean that that is the language used although you'd expect that naming something as US English would mean that.

So, first thing to check is your Language setting a) for WORD and b) against your Dictionaries.

HTH
Hew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-word-2003-us-dictionary-error.415470/
Relevancy 83.85%

I am finding that, when I save a Word 2007 document in Word 2003 format, I am unable to open Outlook and send the document simply by clicking on "email". After I click on email, the cursor just freezes where it is. I either have to reboot or break the job (CTRL-ALT-DEL) and THEN all works fine. FROM THAT POINT, when I click on email it opens Outlook 2007 and I can send the document.

Am using XP SP2 Media Center Edition with Office 2007

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-email-word-2007-documents-saved-in-2003-format.757257/
Relevancy 83.85%

I would like to be able to click on a name in a Word 2003 doc and instead of it using smart tags to access Outlook's contacts I need it to pull from an Access2003/Excel2003 Database. I don't even need the smart tags menu that gives options to appear, I simply want to see contact information from the db come up in place of that or just have one option come up that opens a small window displaying this contact information.

Any suggestions on how to code this with VBA or any third party apps or plug ins or anything?

A:Word 2003 Query Access 2003

mcollins4, welcome to the Forum.
You can communicate with other MS applications, see the Word VBA Editor's Help Topic
Communicating with Other Applications

But I think you might find that this does want you want, with a bit of modification.
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=490

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-query-access-2003.935636/
Relevancy 83.85%

I am running Windows Server 2003 with Terminal Services enabled and was wondering if there are any compatibility problems with installing Word 2003. Microsofts website says Windows 2000 with SP3, Windows XP, or later as OS requirements but that is very general.

Thanks in advance, Dave

Relevancy 83.85%

I want to merge record from Access to Word After trying everything I finally was able to get a process working where I opened Word Merge 2003 Word to Access 2003 and then ran a Word macro to run the merge passing However it stopped working and I can t figure out why I haven t changed anything The problem is Merge Access 2003 to Word 2003 the same one that all the other attempts run into - Word won t let me connect to the database when the merge file is opened if a record is open in Access I tried having my code in Access close the form but Merge Access 2003 to Word 2003 that didn t Merge Access 2003 to Word 2003 work However if I manually close all the forms so only the database window is open then I can open the merge form manually in Word without any problem When I run the macro Word askes me to connect to the database then bombs out saying it is locked or Admin hasn t given permission Anyone know a way to get Access to merge to Word nbsp

A:Merge Access 2003 to Word 2003

Have you change from XP to Vista or a later version of Windows? OS security changed the way things behave in the newer Windows operating systems.

Connecting to an open file isn't the best practice anyway. Forms are often linked to tables which is probably why closing the forms works for you. A possible solution, if its important to keep the database open, is to make a copy of the table thats desired for the merge and update the copy as needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/merge-access-2003-to-word-2003.1003419/