Windows Support Forum

Solved: Outlook/Office 2007 - cannot launch url in an email in Outlook

Q: Solved: Outlook/Office 2007 - cannot launch url in an email in Outlook

Windows 7/Office 2007. I just installed Office 2007 on a brand new HP Laptop running W7 64bit. When click on a URL in an email, I get the following error message, "MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK. This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". This also happened when clicking on an "Unsubscribe" link in a different email. Can someone please tell me how to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Outlook/Office 2007 - cannot launch url in an email in Outlook

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 98.04%

I ve seen this issue on email Office Problem Merge 2003 HTML Outlook 2007 other postings but have not seen the answer yet I have Vista Outlook and Office I have been trying to send an email merge works fine on my other XP machine with office in HTML I can send a merge in text but the HTML option Office 2003 Outlook 2007 HTML email Merge Problem yields nothing I purchased outlook because Msft Mail was not working either I am about to throw out outlook and try to downgrade to outlook to see if this option works as it does on my XP machine Any ideas before I totaly frustrate my wife by reloading her software again When the quot text email merge is initiatied I get a message for each mail that asks me to accept that another program is trying to send an email This seems to happen for each email which could really be a problem for several hundred emails I have tried turning off the firewall but the box still appears This whole Vista thing is making me crazy I have to reconfigure my outlook and transfer the list of names and the word doc to my xp laptop just so I can send the Office 2003 Outlook 2007 HTML email Merge Problem mail merge What is the setting to turn this off I am wondering why I paid for Vista and the Oulook sw Sorry just frustrated This should not be so difficult nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-outlook-2007-html-email-merge-problem.739840/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello,
I have been serarching all day for some help! I have a new laptop with Vista. I downloaded a trial version on Office 2007 Standard. I ended up buying Professional. I uninstalled the Standard version, but Professional will still not allow me to install Outlook. I went through the registry and deleted everything I could find with outlooks name on it.... and I still can not get Outlook to download. Can anyone help??

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Melissa

A:Office 2007 Professional Won't Install Outlook- No Current Outlook Installed

I did not think that they still had outlook i thought they replaced it with Windows Mail

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/142592/office-2007-professional-wont-install-outlook-no-current-outlook-installed/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello,I have been serarching all day for some help! I have a new laptop with Vista. I downloaded a trial version on Office 2007 Standard. I ended up buying Professional. I uninstalled the Standard version, but Professional will still not allow me to install Outlook. I went through the registry and deleted everything I could find with outlooks name on it.... and I still can not get Outlook to download. Can anyone help??THANK YOU SO MUCH!MelissaMod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

A:Office 2007 Professional Won't Install Outlook- No Current Outlook Installed

http://support.microsoft.com/1http://support.microsoft.com/2Also this quote"You will also need to uninstall Business Contact Manager from the Office suite as well, then rerun setup and make Outlook available."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/142593/office-2007-professional-wont-install-outlook-no-current-outlook-installed/
Relevancy 92.45%

I have just installed Office 2007 Pro over Office XP Pro and now cannot open Outlook, it starts automatically and says it is configuring and migrating the data but it goes nowhere-not responding. The first attached screenshot shows the message received when first starting Outlook and the second screenshot shows the next Outlook screen, it doesn't matter if you try and open in the Safe mode as it suggests or not, the result is the same-not responding. Every thing seems to be stuck in "neutral," the program stops responding.

Relevancy 92.45%

This may be a stupid question but here goes.

Is it possible to have more than one out of office reply?

I want to be able to have a standard reply to go to the boss and a different one to go to anyone else.

A:Solved: Outlook 2007 Out of office

Have you looked under Tools | Out of Office Assistant.. ?? You can setup custom rules in there so if you get messages from specific people you can reply with a custom template.

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2007-out-of-office.804995/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hey all! I need alittle help. I am trying to move all of my emaill addresses and saved emails from Outlook Express on one computer. To Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 on a second computer. I've never had to do this before, but I have to now. Because it's not for me. If you guys and girls can help me out with this it would be awesome. I need to get this don tomorrow. Thank you in advance.

Regards

A:Move email addresses from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007

I have Window live mail, but all these MS products work about the same.
Under file go to import export from there it should be self explanatory.
Let me know if you cant find it, Ill help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/113324-move-email-addresses-outlook-express-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 91.59%

All of the other applications work, just not outlook. I get a message that says, "The application failed to initialize properly (0x80000003) Click on OK to terminate the application." I'm running XP SP3.

A:Solved: Can't open MS Office 2007 Outlook

I had to go to the control panel, click on change (Microsoft Office Ultimate) and then repair. It works fine now. ;o)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-open-ms-office-2007-outlook.929584/
Relevancy 90.73%

My OS is Vista Home Premium and I use Microsoft Office 2007 Outlook for emails.

I've searched for a fix for a message that I get from time to time in Outlook which tells me to find and run scanpst.exe. I followed some advice in a post in a closed thread on the Business Application forum and found this file but I couldn't get it to run. This may have occurred because the poster gave instructions for XP - I've been unable to find similar instructions for Vista.

Any advice about how to run scanpst.exe in Vista will be appreciated.

Gawain

Relevancy 90.3%

Hi Friends,

I need your Help in Adding my Old Email to my Existing Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Email. I have my normal Incoming and Outgoing msgs running smoothly. However, I need to add another folder inside this email and add the old Msgs, so that I could view them when I need so ?

Appreciate if someone could help me step by step, being a novice on this, how to add this old messages to my existing normal running email in Office OUtllook 2007. Presently, I am running the COmputer on Windows XP ( SP2 ).

Hope that I would get a favourable response. THanks

Best Regards

Relevancy 89.87%

The usual story, have done NOTHING to my PC, no new software, no changes, nutting!!

So suddenly out of the blue up comes this message when I try to send/receive email or create a new mail that says something like "You don't have permission to create an entry in this folder. Right click the folder then yadda yadda about administrator and permissions etc..................."

I have Googled the world but can't seem to get an answer. There is one that refers to PROPERTIES on the Email Folder and set "Delegates" but that tab is not on my version of Outlook!

I'm far from an ace on Permissions, Administrators and User Account Settings etc. and even after paddling through them as much as possible, still can't come up with an answer.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

A:Solved: Permissions on MS Outlook 2007 email

Never found the real answer so just deleted my single email account, started a "new" one and all fixed. Another mystery from MS!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-permissions-on-ms-outlook-2007-email.1114410/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi Friends I need your Solved: Email Outlook 2007 Microsoft help this time for Microsoft Outlook Email Yes it was working fine for sometime but now I find that when receiving incoming mail that the system hangs for about - seconds and no work could be done Infact I tried to check this with Microsoft Support on the web site and Solved: Microsoft Outlook 2007 Email found that they have stated that microsoft support for data files with pst with max of GB However when I checked with my data file I have got around GB of data Am not sure whether this is causing for the hanging of the system at the time of receiving msg Maybe someone else who has faced this similiar problem might be able to h light or shed some light to this Give below the site from where I got the details ---------- quot You may experience performance problems when you are working with items in a large pst file or in a large ost file in Outlook Microsoft Office Outlook momentarily stops responding during typical operations This includes when you read e-mail messages move e-mail messages or delete e-mail messages These symptoms are most noticeable during mail delivery or during synchronization These symptoms become more pronounced as store size increases They are more likely to occur when the size of the pst file or the size of the ost file approaches gigabytes GB Additionally they are more pronounced in a very large pst file or in a very large ost file that is GB or larger Note When you perform the same operations in earlier versions of Outlook the same performance problems do not occur if the pst file or the ost file is large quot http support microsoft com kbid My doubt is whether this is the real cause for the hanging of the system or is it some other cause to it Appreciate if someone could shed some light to this problem Thanks Bye nbsp

Relevancy 89.44%

Hello,

I am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, and in it, I use four different folders that fall under the 'Inbox' folder. These folders have rules attached to them so that when particular e-mails come through, they get placed in to these four folders.

Now, because of that, I never get an e-mail notification in the system-tray. I never get the transparent display or the little envelope icon, because essentially no e-mails ever go directly to my 'Inbox'.

Is there any way to set it up so that e-mails that I receive in these four folders will still give me an e-mail notification?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Solved: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 E-Mail Notifcations

This is possible.

Follow the steps :

1. Outlook --> Tools --> Rules & Alerts
2. Highlight the Rule and Goto "Change Rule" drop down.
3. Edit Rule Settings.
4. In the Rules Wizard , click Next on the first screen
5. Scroll down all the way to the bottom on the second.
6. You will find an option - display a Desktop alert
7. Enable this option.
8. Go Next if you need more changes or Finish.
9. Close and reopen Outlook.

You should be set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-office-outlook-2007-e-mail-notifcations.662691/
Relevancy 89.44%

I have a client who uses Office Outlook 2007 (which I recently installed over her old Outlook 97) for her email. It's been working perfectly for almost two months. However about two weeks ago, she realized the program will not send emails.

I've tried this method (and other variations of it following the same principle), but it has not helped. Furthermore, I've tried turning off Avira Antivir Guard to stop it from scanning incoming or outgoing messages. That didn't help either.

I would prefer not contacting the email provider unless absolutely necessary as I doubt this is an issue on their part. Could anyone help me get this working?

Windows XP
Office Outlook 2007

Relevancy 89.44%

Hi.

I have just purchased and upgraded my Office suite to Office 2007 from Office 2000.

In Office 2000, Outlook Express was working fine. I have since removed Office 2000 to upgrade to Office 2007, and Outlook Express was working fine. When i installed Office 2007 Home & Student Edition, i installed the Service Pack for it, it is now Office 2007 SP1.

I have just tried to load Outlook Express to check ma emails and it crashes on startup and it will not load. I rebooted my machine after the various installs, but it is still not working.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Thanks

Relevancy 89.44%

I know that 07 Word saves files in a .docx file that is not usable by the 97-03 Word and same goes for PowerPoint and Excell. My question is does this occur with Outlook 2007 also? I have a friend who said that he can't read my Outlook 2007 email to him (he uses the older version of outlook). Is there a way to change it so that I can send 2007 Outlook emails to people with the 97-03 versions?

Relevancy 89.44%

OK... well I thought I had it covered but.... I copied the pst file from 2003 and tried to open in 2007. I recently read somewhere that you have to copy the pst when Outlook is closed. I did not close Outlook and copied the file while Outlook was open. Anyway to rescue these Emails? The old drive is toast so I can't do that. The pst file is 79mg so I suspect the info is there. Any thoughts? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-to-outlook-2007.941577/
Relevancy 89.44%

Weirdest thing. I was doing business as usual with my Dell running Win7 and Office 2007. Then, I went to reboot because I hadn't in a while and when it finished rebooting, I tried to open my Outlook and it wouldn't open. The window started to open, but then a message would pop up (see pic below). I tried rebooting again, using the Quick Launch icon, then the shortcut, but still nothing.

Can anyone help? I would prefer not to have to reinstall Outlook.

Thanks in advance.

A:Can't launch Outlook 2007

Hi drjim,

Check this out: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...f-d8437c898e67

Lemme know if it helps.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/68823-cant-launch-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I posted this thread by accident somewhere else, so apologies for the redundancies if caught.

In any event, the weirdest thing. I was working on my Dell running Win7 and Office 2007, doing business as usual and I decided to reboot because I hadn't in a while. After doing so, I went to launch Outlook again to check my email and it wouldn't open. The Outlook window would begin to appear and then a message window would pop up (see pic below) and Outlook wouldn't open.

I tried rebooting again and using both the Quick Launch icon and the shortcut on my Desktop, but no luck.

Can anyone help? I would rather than not have to reinstall Windows.

A:Can't launch Outlook 2007

Go to the start menu and select Run.

Type in the following and select OK

Outlook.exe /resetnavpane

It will open normally from now on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/68827-cant-launch-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi,
Whenever I try to launch Outlook 2007, I get the following error mesage:

"Business Contact Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close..."

I would greatly appreciate a solution to this problem. Thanks in advance.

Potomoc

P.S. My operating system is Windows XP Pro.

A:Outlook 2007 Won't Launch!

click start- run - type outlook /safe and then check
go to addremove programs => remove business contact manager
try opening outlook
reinstall BCM and then check.
seems sql server is corrupt.. hence you are facing this problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-wont-launch.801016/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi,

My hard drive has been wiped out. Before I try a recovery of all my files, I had a new hard drive installed, and installed by backup through Norton. However I didn't have a backup of all my emails. I can access all 4 accounts through mail.google.com ( that's about 60 000 emails), but is there anyway I can import them into outlook 2007? I am using a pop/smtp type account.

Thanks!!!

A:Solved: Import old email from google to Outlook 2007

On Google mail under settings forearding POP/imap

Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded)

se if that then downloads all the email again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-import-old-email-from-google-to-outlook-2007.893004/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi,

I have Outlook 2007 installed on laptop and have set-up an email account to use. The problem is that I can send email to other people's email addresses from this outlook 2007 account, but I am unable to receive email from other people?

Have read within this forum about correctly signing out of ISP accounts (if users read their email via web)- I personally never read via ISP's pages but did make a check to see if I had logged into ISP's web pages which I hadn't.

Not sure what's going on with the application in this instance & appreciate any help you can offer me for this particular prob in advance.

Thanks for reading.

A:Solved: Outlook 2007 email receive problem

If you are using Win Vista try this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935400

To determine whether this problem is caused by a network hardware device that does not support TCP Window Scaling, follow these steps:
1. Click Start , click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
3. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2007-email-receive-problem.599152/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi Everyone I have just migrated a user from Windows Live Mail to Outlook As the user originally had email accounts in WLM it has been a challenge to set up Outlook suitably The approach suggested by Microsoft is to use Profiles but the challenge with this is Outlook can only load one profile at a time This email Trying in Outlook 2007 get well 2 together accounts working to Solved: is not suitable as the user requires access to both accounts simulateneously Due to the above I took the approach of creating PST files One for each email account However unfortunately there is no ability to couple email accounts with PST files As a result all emails from both accounts are delivered to the same PST Solved: Trying to get 2 email accounts working well together in Outlook 2007 file Nonetheless I did persist with this approach for a time as I figured that I could create a message rule which diverts messages to the appropriate PST file depending on the originating email address Although the message rule did redirect incoming email where appropriate to the secondary email accounts PST folder it also left a copy in the Inbox of email account This doubling up of messages in the Inboxes of both email accounts is not an acceptable quot solution quot I finally gave up on using PST files and instead created a Solved: Trying to get 2 email accounts working well together in Outlook 2007 new folder in the one default PST The message rule now works fine and there is no doubling up of messages My user would still like to see emails deleted from email account going into an independant and separate Deleted Items folder and a likewise scenario for Sent itmes related to email account Is there any way of achieving this kind of files separation based on email address within Outlook Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated Thanks David nbsp

A:Solved: Trying to get 2 email accounts working well together in Outlook 2007

David --

I just changed computers, and after years on Outlook Express, made the move to Outlook. In Outlook, I have 3 different email addresses (all POP accounts) set up under the same profile, but each account has its own .PST, and mail for each one goes to its own inbox. I can also choose which email address any new mail is sent from.

You completed the first half of the trick to having different inboxes for different email addresses by setting up unique .PSTs. However, you also have to then associate each email address with the .PST you created for it. To do this:

1) Go to Tools> Account Settings.

2) You should be on the email tab, and you should see a list of your email accounts. Click on the email account whose inbox you want to change. At the bottom of the window, it should show the path where the mail for that address is currently being delivered to. (From your email, it sounds like both addresses are going to the "Personal Folders\Inbox" destination.)

3) Click on the "Change Folder" button at the bottom left of the window. This should take you to the list of .PST files you already created.

4) Click on the .PST file that you want that email address to be associated with.

That's it!

Just make sure that when you created your separate .PST files, that you did it using the "New Outlook Data File" option, and not just the "New Folder" option. You will only get the additional inbox/outbox/sent items/deleted items folders if you make a new Outlook data file.

Hope that helps!!

Andrea M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trying-to-get-2-email-accounts-working-well-together-in-outlook-2007.912193/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi all,

I have configured my email account via Outlook 2007 ready for use and used the inbuilt test facility during configuration (which returned as all ok indicating 'tasks completed' after using the account test facility.

Then when I went to collect/view the test message that was sent, there was nothing inside the inbox. I proceeded to manually send a test message to myself as a secondary measure (as no doubt most of us do when testing e-mail accounts) and again that didn't return either.

The messages are being sent with no problems it's just on the recieve side of things here.

Appreciate any help that you may have.

Braz

A:Solved: Unable to recieve email using Outlook 2007

I followed the steps within microsoft knowledge base http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935400 to disable the autotuning level from the command prompt as I do indeed use Vista. I tried to receive various test messages in Outlook again which unfortunately still couldn't receive the e-mails, but Outlook itself was still able to send.

However, I'm convinced that the disabling has indeed fixed the problem or played a strong part at least because after doing the above I decided to delete the email account from within Outlook (as I previously did many times) & start over.

I again created a 'test' profile & checked to make sure it tested ok within properties of account in which the test account unfortunately still couldn't receive e-mails, but again was still able to send.

I deleted the test profile thereafter & decided to choose the default 'outlook' profile to configure all over again... lo & behold after configuring the 'outlook' profile and re-testing with various test messages, the test messages were now being delivered into the inbox & viewable!

Braz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-recieve-email-using-outlook-2007.569933/
Relevancy 88.15%

I am trying to add a logo after my name in my emails on Outlook 2003.
In order to do so I understand I need to have options set to Use Office Word 2003 as my email editor.
This option is greyed out and most likeky the reason is I have a 2007 version of Office Word installed.
Any suggestions how I am going to get the logo onto my emails?

Danny
Compac Presario
2 Quad Processor 2.67 GHz
4GB ram
2 x 500 Gb HDD
32 Bit
Win Office Business
Outlook 2003
MS Office 2007 -non commercial

Relevancy 88.15%

I am all out of ideas... please help....
Running XP with Outlook 2003. virgin ISP, Avira premium security.
All going fine.. then.. I can now no longer send emails.. I can receive them. They keep bouncing back not even leaving the computer...saying

554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied,

I have checked all the settings and nothing has changed.

I can get online, I have scanned for mal ware, viruses, defragged, backed up, checked fire wall...

Any ideas would be greatly received.

Kind regards
mangotoo

Relevancy 88.15%

Hi all,

I need help sorting out a rule that move all internal emails to a specified folder. but first some information for you.

We are all in a domain, and our company is using Exchange 2007 and the clients are using Outlook 2007. Here is what i have tried to create for rules that did not work.

1. If email is from ALL STAFF distribution group (not work)
2. If sender address contains @domainname.com and @domain.local
3. If sender is in GLOBAL ADDRESS LIST address book
4. Restart outlook after any rule has been applied

Any help very much appreciated..

// Ronnie

A:Solved: Outlook 2007, Apply rule to internal email

Issue has been sorted, not sure how but it is.

All i did was opening the rules and alert editor, created new rule and chose to create a blank rule when message arrive and then i told it to look for sphinx in the sender adress and then move it to a folder.

It worked fine.

Ronnie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2007-apply-rule-to-internal-email.809013/
Relevancy 88.15%

I have deleted many email addresses in Outlook 2007. Today I happened to search for an address and typed in a "b" and an old email address showed up that I had deleted a long time ago. Then I found that if I went through the alphabet, typing in just one letter into the To: field all sorts of old email addresses popped up. Where are these stored and how can I permanently delete them?

Thanks as always!

Relevancy 87.29%

I am unable to launch any link that comes in Outlook 2007 emails. I get the following message:

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/275149-unable-launch-link-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I get a lot of emails daily, as soon as I click on one it is marked as read even if I don't reply or deal with it. I would like to be able to stop this so that it only gets marked as read if I manually do it, reply to the email or set it up to do so with rules. Is it possible?

A:Solved: Is there a way to stop outlook 2007 marking unread email as read?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-there-a-way-to-stop-outlook-2007-marking-unread-email-as-read.787826/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi All I work in HR and am being told by the IT folks that something isn t possible But I just don t believe it so I m posting here to ask for your help I may not have the perfect wording since I m not expert so please be patient My understanding is that employees use Outlook email version - so when I need to send emails to the same group of people I can create personal distribution lists I just copy email addresses from an excel file or to TO line of an existing email and paste into the members box under quot new distribution list creation - add members quot However here s where the problem is The marketing department gets data from me to Lists Solved: Exchange (email) Distribution Global Outlook 2007 create and maintain global distribution lists that need to be available to certain approved authorized employees on the Outlook Exchange server thingie There are about to lists that need to be updated every weeks My IT people are telling me that the only way to update those global lists on the Exchange is to give them a list of email address to add or remove and that they have Solved: 2007 Outlook Exchange Global Distribution Lists (email) to add or remove each email address manually one at a time My idea was to just send them a new list of email addresses for each list every two weeks or whenever and then they could juse delete the old distribution list since it s out dated and create a brand new global list so nobody has to try and identify just the changes for those to lists very time consuming BUT - they are telling me that the only way to create a new global list is to manually add one person at a time so my idea of doing a full replacement is not a Solved: 2007 Outlook Exchange Global Distribution Lists (email) time-saver I cannot fathom that one can create a personal distribution list via outlook so easily by adding a large group of email addresses and just clicking add save but that it s not also possible to do similiar process for global distribution list creation on Outlook Exchange So whether it s importing email addresses from excel or a csv or maybe I can create a personal list then move it to be a global list actually the IT admin would have to do it but you get what I mean or some other option - I have to believe creating a global distribution list by adding a mass group of emails has to be possible But you tell me - please - what you think nbsp

Relevancy 86%

I'm getting: "A problem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". This happens within minutes of starting Outlook (in the non-safe mode)

Outlook works in safe mode.
I cannot turn off the addins.... see attached
Also attached is a snapshot from the event viewer...
Thoughts???
Thank you
Running Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64 bit) SP1
Computer: Dell XPS 435T/9000
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007

A:Outlook 2007 "Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working"

since when are you getting this error. have you tried a repair install from control panel >add/remove programs. you can also let this tool "microsoft office diagnostics" check for errors & fixes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/204094-outlook-2007-microsoft-office-outlook-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Running Vista Ultimate (32 bit) on HP Media Center Desktop Unit (8100y). Each time system is booted up and Outlook 2007 is accessed for the first time, Microsoft Office 2007 begins to reconfigure itself. Neither canceling of the configuation process nor allowing the process to complete seems to have any apparent effect on subsequent operations.

Performed repair function on the Office application without any discernible effect. Any help in resolving this issue would be truly appreciated!

A:Starting Outlook 2007 causes Microsoft Office 2007 to reconfigure itself

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/starting-outlook-2007-causes-microsoft-office-2007-to-reconfigure-itself.675250/
Relevancy 85.14%

For some reason in Outlook 2003 when I click on a hotlink in an email, they don't launch in my browser (IE6). Any ideas?

Relevancy 84.71%

I am running windows 7 on a new computer. Outlook 2007 is freezing many times after it is opened. I click on an e mail and it just freezes.
Word has done it also but not as bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-and-word-2007-freezing-in-office-2007.904975/
Relevancy 84.71%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Inc Chapala Not Applicable LXAQB X F Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled For no apparent reason my version of MS Outlook has suddenly gone belly-up All other apps in Office work fine When I now try to open Outlook I 2007(Microsoft Outlook Enterprise 2007)) Office receive the following quot Cannot open your default email folders The file C Outlook 2007(Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007)) User Maurice AppData Local Microsoft Outlook Outlook pst is not a personal folders file quot I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Office from Outlook 2007(Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007)) the original disks a number of times I have successfully installed this on another Win desktop computer partition and it works fine I have attempted to follow the MS repair online notification for pst but it doesn t seem to work Outlook 2007(Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007)) or maybe it is me that isn t working Most frustrating Any word by word suggestions greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-microsoft-office-enterprise-2007.958095/
Relevancy 82.99%

Dear tech Support Team,

i use ms outlook to get my emails, by default when i make a new email i just type first letter from any email address the remain appears alone.

now, i want to move my emails and contacts to another PC, i did it, but a problem appears with contacts, i can see all contacts list in my contacts folder but when i made a new email and typing the first letter the remain address doesn't appear, why???

best regards
moussa bahsoun,
Lebanon

A:MS OUTLOOK, for Office 2003 & Office 2007

You need to copy the Nickname cache, the .Nk2 files from your old computer to your new one. Here is a tutorial. Copy the AutoComplete list to another computer - Outlook

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ms-outlook-for-office-2003-and-office-2007-a-918138.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I'll bet you have not heard this one before. I was attempting to send an email to a potential client. Everything seemed to work well except that it was returned. The problem was that the address was changed somewhere. His name is spelled with a j but somewhere along the line, it was changed to a k and so there was no such person and therefore was returned to me.

#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound; not found ##rfc822;

What could have happened? This is a new one on me.

A:outlook 2007 changed email address so email was returned

Hi.

Did you get a message similar with these?
----------------------------------------------
Hotmail:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

-----------------
Windows Live mail:

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/207707-outlook-2007-changed-email-address-so-email-returned.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hallo Ik heb een klein probleempje met outlook Ik heb aucounts op mijn laptop met verschillende smtp servers En een hotmailaccount via outlookconnector Nou wilde ik een mail outlook 2007 office beantwoorden maar dat ging via het verkeerde acount die het op deze plaats niet doet dus een foutmelding daarna van account gewisseld en toen werd het gewoon verstuurd outlook office 2007 Maar sindsdien krijg ik elke keer een foutmelding onder in de statusbalk van outlook dat het bericht niet verstuurd kan worden Er zit niks meer in mijn postvak uit Hoe is dat op te lossen Himpie English Hi I have a little problem with outlook I have aucounts on my laptop with different smtp servers And a hotmail account through outlook connector Well I wanted an email reply but went through the wrong acount that this place does not so an error then changed to account and then it was just sent But since then every time I get an error message in the status bar of Outlook that the message can not be sent There's nothing in my outbox How can that be solved Himpie

A:outlook office 2007

Hi

As per our forum rules, please either post in English or post an English translation along with your post.

Dutch

Hallo

Per onze forum regels, gelieve dan achteraf in het Engels of post een Engels vertaling samen met uw post.

Google Translate

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/117961-outlook-office-2007-a.html
Relevancy 82.56%

OK, so this is whats happened. I installed it , repaired outlook 2007 a few times, but everytime i start it, it runs the office installer again.

A:Office 2007-Outlook

If you have multiple versions of Word installed on the computer, the Windows Installer may start when you start Microsoft Office Word 2007. And, a message that states that Windows Installer is preparing to install Word may be displayed. You may receive this message before Word starts.

The Windows Installer runs whenever the version of Word that you start is not the one that is registered.

More info in link below...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091

Try uninstalling any version of Office or any single office apps and reinstall 2007 after a reboot.

Also disable any antivirus/antispyware/antimalware and any firewall programs also before you attempt reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/66101-office-2007-outlook.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I am using Outlook 2007 on a 64 bit Vista Home Premium. The problem started about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Until then it has been working ok for almost 1 year. The problem is that when an appointment in my calender is due the notification window pops up and the are two (2) notices for the same event. I have looked everywhere in Outlook setop, configs for a fix. I have searched online, Google, for answers, no luck. The only change/addition to my system has been Microsoft patches for the OS and Office 2007. I have checked the calendar to see if there are multiple entries and there are not. It happens with every calendar item. Example; in the calendar, Meeting 9 am with client at 9:30. The popup open 15 minutes before the meeting and there are two statements exactly the same. When I delete one of the events the other one is deleted at the same time.

Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/software/272322-office-2007-outlook.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152617 MB, Free - 87206 MB; D: Total - 152625 MB, Free - 57377 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G31M-S2L, x.x,
Antivirus: Sunbelt VIPRE, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Hi
When receiving e mails the mail goes to sent items folder instead of inbox folder.
How do I rectify this?

A:Outlook- Office 2007

Go to tools > options > mail setup tab and email accounts button. There is a change folder button.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-office-2007.1018668/
Relevancy 82.56%

I am user MS 2007 Outlook Office of Window with MS Office Outlook I m facing problem to MS Office Outlook 2007 open Outlook I have face following First error apears quot MS Outlook can not be opned window cannot MS Office Outlook 2007 open the MS office outlook quot I have try to open window in 'safe mode' and try to open outlook but same error apears then I start window in normal mode and open outlook New message error apears this time 'outlook failed to start corectly last time starting outlook in safe mode will help you correct or isolate a startup problem MS Office Outlook 2007 in order to successfuly start the problem some functionallity may be disable in this mode do you want to start outlook in saft mode yes no ' I choose yes mode to carry on New message error apears 'MS office outlook has stop working' window can check online for a solution to the problem the next time you go online and try to recover your information and restart the programe' with two option Check online for solution and restart the programe Restart the programe I took option and face the error 'outlook failed to launch in safe mode do you want to start dedect and repair' I try to repair it and see follwoing message 'the window installer service could not be access this can occure if the window installer is not correctly installed' Please help me what to do so that i can recover my email data

A:MS Office Outlook 2007

Depending on how you setup your outlook, hopefully your e-mails are still stored on the e-mail server your outlook downloaded/copied them from.

Your e-mails will be saved in a .pst file (I think).

You should be able to search for these files on your system and back them up (attempt access later).

If you have the Microsoft Office install CD, you should be able to reinstall outlook without losing your data. I suggest you backup your files first though (contacts and the .pst).

Using your Windows 7, you can just click the start globe/button and search for Contacts and .pst to find the files.

Hope this makes sense.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ms-office-outlook-2007-a-576995.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello there, I am Currently lloking for help with a few areas so here we go.

I wish to change the defalt template and with the new template i would like it to appear each time i reply and start a new message. The template would also have to have the business logo, name address, etc... How would i gop about doing this?

Next i wish to change the reply address of one of my email accounts as I am using it for outgoing mail only. SDo the reply mail would have to be "forced" to my other account. Both of these are sync'd with outlook 2007.

Any help would be good =]

Thanks

Scott

A:Help with Office Outlook 2007

Default template: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/o...-template-HA010245004.aspx?pid=CH100740861033

I don't understand your second question. I recall that (I have 2010 now) changing the reply email was simply an option in the setting of that account. If so, that's here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/o...fferent-e-mail-account-HA010215777.aspx?CTT=1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-office-outlook-2007.995089/
Relevancy 82.56%

I am using Office 2003 on an XP pro system. I merge my word document with an existing Access database to send out emails thru Office Outlook. Outlook shuts down, as in stops sending emails at random intervals. Sometimes restating Outlook will get it going but most times it comes down to removing all merged emails and re-doing the merge to get it going again. Sending in groups of 100 to 9000 at a time. The merge goes well, it is the Oulook. Help please.

Printer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-merge-from-office-access-to-office-outlook.347881/
Relevancy 82.13%

Intermittently, Outlook 2007 will crash while sending an email and, needless to say, the email is not sent. However I wanted to know if there is a temp or backup copy of that mail anywhere. I've looked in drafts and it's not there.

I've sometimes typed a very long email and then lost the whole email when Outlook crashes so I just wanted to know if, like Word, there is a temp file that may be created.

Thanks.

A:Outlook 2007- crash while sending email - where does the email go?

Hi cp, welcome to TSG. Do you have Autosave enabled for Outlook? If not, perhaps this link will help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-crash-while-sending-email-where-does-the-email-go.886349/
Relevancy 81.7%

Does anyone know how to stop the automatic update of contacts within Outlook 2007? Whenever I recieve an E-Mail, if the sender of the E-Mail is not already in my contact list, Outlook 2007 is adding that sender automatically to my contacts. I want to be able to have control over what is and what is not addded to my contact list. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-outlook-2007.902391/
Relevancy 81.7%

In event viewer I'm getting the following Failed to get the crawl Scope Manger with error=0x80070002. I've got 4 of these in a row with one being event 34 and the others event 35.

A:MS Office 2007 OutLook Mail

Quote: Originally Posted by squid13

In event viewer I'm getting the following Failed to get the crawl Scope Manger with error=0x80070002. I've got 4 of these in a row with one being event 34 and the others event 35.

Hi squid13, Welcome to SF,

It sound like an issue with Windows Desktop Search. I found a fix in MSDN Forums
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1214407&SiteID=1

Let this an let us know how it goes

Hope that helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/48906-ms-office-2007-outlook-mail.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I'm having problems with Office Outlook 2007. Error message is The data file "Personal Folders" was not closed properly.
So far I restarted several times and I did a system restore . . nothing worked for me.
How do I fix this?

A:Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

i have moved to Business Applications

You should close outlook and than repair the personal folders PST file - using ScanPST.exe

what windows version are you using ?

here is the locations for the scan tool
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77

Do you know the location of your Personal Folders PST file ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-outlook-2007.1143716/
Relevancy 81.7%

I just installed Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Plus. Every office program has the office button on the top left corner except outlook 2007. Why is that? Is there a way i can get the button there?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/206886-no-office-button-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

PLEASE HELP. My computer runs on Vista. When I try to open my out look, I get the following message: Cannot start MS Office Outlook. Cannot open the outlook Window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file. C:\users\Bruce\AppData\Local\Microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail enabled applications and then use the Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information abiut Inbox Repair Tool, see Help.

Run the scanpst utility as directed.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-outlook-2007.1048863/
Relevancy 81.7%

Is there any way I can access my work email currently on MS Office Outlook 2007 to my Blackberry? How can I do the install on Blackberry and is it even possible to do it myself without having to ask our IT guys here at work?

Thanks!!!

A:MS Office Outlook 2007 to Blackberry

No, you can't do it yourself. Assuming your company uses Microsoft Exchange to host e-mail, they need to set up your account on the Blackberry Enterprise server and give you access to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-office-outlook-2007-to-blackberry.1001239/
Relevancy 81.7%

Running Office Pro Plus 2007 on Windows Vista and I am trying to open Office Outlook. When it tries to open, it completly shuts down and prompts the following message??? I tried to find the repair tool do diagnose and cannot find anywhere. Can anyone help me?

Thank You,

bmartylee

A:2007 Microsoft Office Outlook ??

Please do not cross-post. One post per issue is sufficient. I responded in your other post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2007-microsoft-office-outlook.789013/
Relevancy 81.7%

Going from W7 to W10 with MS Outlook is really dragging. Anyone else?

A:MS Office Outlook 2007 Slow on W10

Originally Posted by capri3156

Going from W7 to W10 with MS Outlook is really dragging. Anyone else?

No. I have MS Office Home & Student 2007 installed and no issues.
Maybe you want to run a Repair option on your MS 2007 ?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/43077-ms-office-outlook-2007-slow-w10.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have this program on one computer. How do I move it, with its saved emails to other computers?

I don"t remember pass or user.

Thanks,

Manhattanman

You'll need the installation CD/DVD to install on another machine and you'll need a license that can be used. All emails, contacts, etc is saved to PST files. If you don't know the location, search the boot volume for *.pst and you should find them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-office-outlook-2007-a-700954.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I am unable to solve the popping up of the message " Enter Network Password" on my email

A:Microsoft office outlook 2007

This is your Email password to enter your Email account for your Email provider (Internet Service Provider or ISP?) Check that your Email settings are correct by contacting your ISP or google Email Settings for your ISP for Outlook 2007.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-office-outlook-2007-a-626510.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I am having troubles with outlook everytime I open outlook it disenguages the internet and I recieve no email and then cannot access the browser without a reboot.

I am not sure what has happened as outlook use to work fine. One time I went to the web address and viewed the emails and then the next time I tried outlook it worked. Now back to the same problem and that method did not work the second time

Any ideas would be appreciated thanks Wayne

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-outlook-2007.963532/
Relevancy 81.7%

I'm running Office 2007 (inc. Outlook) on Vista Home Premium. I'm finding the programs pretty unstable, in particular Outlook, although I've had a similar problem in Word too. It doesn't actually SAY it crashes, but the screen goes weird and I end up having to kill off Outlook via the Task Manager and then restart the program.

Is there something I can do to reduce this happening? It's rather frustrating on a brand-new machine.

Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but im new here

I am running Windows 7 Home premium, I have reciently started having problems opening links in outlook which is anoying as I am having to right click , copy and paste the link into a fresh browser. Please help!!!

Neil

A:Office outlook 2007 problem

Im running Office 2007 BTW

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-outlook-2007-problem.1022245/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,
can anybody help me, please. I can`t open Microsoft Outlook. Bellow is the message i get on the screen.
Thank you
Martin.

" Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. "

A:microsoft office outlook 2007

try this Start->run..then type the following -> "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/51215-microsoft-office-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I am running XP home and office When I try to access e-mails Outlook stops responding I am getting this message in the crashing MS Office - keeps outlook 2007 error report EventType officelifeboathang P outlook exe P P ntdll dll P I have tried reverting the drive MS Office 2007 - outlook keeps crashing via system restore and this may or MS Office 2007 - outlook keeps crashing may not clear the problem but only for a short time I have tried repairing outlook from the installation disc and again this may or may not work When it does it is again only for a short time may be a couple of hours at most I have tried removing outlook via the installation disc and restarting followed by reinstalling Again this will work for a short time but will quickly revert to Not responding I am running AVG full paid version I allow the computer to automatically update from the MS website both on the operating system and for office I am running SP I would be grateful for some advice as to how to proceed Thanks in anticipation Grant Taylor

A:MS Office 2007 - outlook keeps crashing

Worth a look, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-outlook/eventtype-officelifeboathang-p1-outlookexe/21c7184e-4768-4542-a931-e4f28a0d4495 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438791/ms-office-2007-outlook-keeps-crashing/
Relevancy 81.7%

Totally confused:
xp proSP3 installed with all updates. regular restore points made. MS Office suite 2007 with all updates. I have ADMINISTRATOR & INGOLF to log on. Until 2 weeks ago I could send and receive with outlook from both accounts.
I had IE8 open one day and hit the flag "read mail" - it opened outlook 2007.
Then never again could I open under INGOLF - only under ADMINISTRATOR.
Under INGOLF INBOX opens in the taskbar - e-mail gets received - but I cannot open it.
Can start in safe mode though.
Tried re-install and repair option Repair found no problem.
Restore did not change anything.
Registry cleaners - no change.
Anynody any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 81.7%

Thank you very much for your time. I do have another question regarding Office Outlook 2007 that I hope you can answer. This is the message that I get every time I open Outlook. I know how to change profiles in Mail Setup, my problem is I have no idea as to what is a profile is or where to get one , can you help? The profile at the momemt is set at "outlook" the default profile. If I leave it at that how do I get rid of the message appearing every time I open Outlook.

A:question regarding Office Outlook 2007

Welcome to Seven Forums alwyn. Did you downgrade from Outlook 2010 for instance? Here is a way to just delete the profile key in your registry if you don't want to go through the trouble of creating a new profile.

The mail profile was created with a newer version of Outlook | MSOutlook.info

Always a good idea to backup the registry just in case, but seems very straight forward. There is a download for using the default Outlook profile name as well, so you don't have to edit manually.

Registry - Backup and Restore

A Guy

P.S. Downloaded the reg file and scanned it, all is safe. Looked at the file and it is legit. Just download, double click on it, ok when asks if want to merge. I would restart PC after just to make sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/283518-question-regarding-office-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Running office 2007 outlook and when I get an email with with a highlited web address in
it I click on the address and I get the following error "this operation has been canceled due
to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am
the system administrator and cant find out what I could possibly have changed to effect that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
KEN

A:vista and office 2007 outlook

That's a typical sign of a Group Policy in place. Start checking there.

Even Admins get locked out by GP's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-and-office-2007-outlook.522648/
Relevancy 81.7%

After using outlook 2007 for a couple of months, I am now receiving the message "cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook". I am running VISTA. Any suggestions?

A:microsoft office outlook 2007

Have you tried a repair install?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-outlook-2007.654728/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, am wondering if any one can help me with this problem. Actually, there are 2 problems I need help with.

I am using Vista with office 2007. When the PC has been left on for a while, my email (outlook) won't open. Well, when I say it won't open, I mean it will open and load up the main template, but will disapear within about a second and close. When I place my curser on the icon in my task bar, that also disapears. This will happen until I re-boot the PC, and then it will work fine again.

Any ideas?

Also, I'm getting 4 random left mouse clicks every 30 seconds. Although these mouse clicks are not opening any thing, I'm getting th sound, plus it stops any typing that I may be doing. I'm using a logitech cordless mouse. I would tell you which model but that has rubbed off through the amount of browsing that I do, lol.

A:Microsoft Office 2007 Outlook

For Outlook, it is possible something is hanging - antivirus or anti-spam addin, or a module of the program itself, etc. I would first suggest checking your Task List (CTR+ALT+DEL) for additional instances of Outlook which would indicate the program is not closing properly.

You can try repairing your installation of Office, using the install CD. If that does not work, you can try disconnecting your computer from the Internet, and uninstalling both Office and your antivirus software. Reinstall Office first, then your antivirus. See if that fixes the issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199295/microsoft-office-2007-outlook/
Relevancy 81.7%

Office Outlook 2007 will not open. If it does open I get this message . . The data file "Personal Folders" was not closed properly.
What can I do to clear this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-outlook-2007-problem.1164228/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, i am using firefox and internet explorer 8, at the moment i am using gmail as my email client in firefox, but nothing in internet explorer. i have setup windows live mail,but i dont like it, so i want to setup outlook 2007, can i use outlook 2007 asa my email client in internet explorer 8,and gmail in firefox? Thank you.

Just as you are able to use different browsers, you are also able to use different email clients, although only one of these can be the default. As I only have IE, I cannot say whether or not you can have a different default client for each browser. I would also check that you can access the web interface version for you emails just in case you have problems with either or both email clients.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/277609-microsoft-office-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello!

Is there a way to show your "Outlook today"-page on a webpage?

I would like to put it on the Desktop.

-Pms

Relevancy 81.27%

Hi

I have accidentally deleted outlook.pst by using SHIFT + DELETE

This contains 4 years worth of Vital Emails.

I have used Recuva 1.30.435 but to no avail. There was no mention whatsoever of outlook.pst.

Is there anything I can do? Time is critical 'cos the machine cannot be taken out of use.

Grateful for any help

Relevancy 81.27%

Source:
Windows XP Pro SP2
Outlook 2002 SP3

Destination
Vista, Home Premium, 32 bit
Office Standard 2007, which was installed as an upgrade.
I did not install Office 2002. During Office 2007 installation, I put the Office 2002 CD into the other optical drive. Office 2002 was NOT installed.

I made the mistake of configuring the email account on the Outlook 2007 account while the computer was connected to the internet. Now, I have many new messages on the Vista computer, which I would like to retain. These messages have been removed from the server.

1. How do I transfer the messages & calendar from the source to the destination?

2. How do I merge the messages in the Outlook 2007 inbox with the messages [ to include those in the inbox of Outlook 2002?

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
RF123

A:Solved: Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2007

In outlook 2007, use File - Impor and Export - Import from another program or file - Personal Folder file (.pst).

Then you point it at a copy of the PST from your old 2002 version of Outlook, copy it over on a CD or DVD or via a network if connected (it will be a large file usually).

You can tell it to not create duplicates etc as you want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2002-to-outlook-2007.569396/
Relevancy 80.84%

I would appreciate any help you could give me

I have Windows 7 and microsoft office 2007

when I use outlook 2007 I get an error message 0x800CCC0F only when tring to send an email. I am able to receive emails normally.

Thanks

A:email outlook 2007

Try the troubleshooting methods given here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469968/email-outlook-2007/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi Everyone,

I can receive my email on outlook2007, but I can not reply nor send email through outlook; I receive the following error message: ,<< Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).>> . Everything else works fine on these other networks, but I have to go to my server websites that I am pulling my email from to be able to send or reply to them. Any idea what I have wrong please?

Windows 7 COMPAQ HP 64 bit and OUtlook 2007.
Thanks
Michael

A:Cannot sent email from outlook 2007

First thing I would check is in the advanced account settings check the SMTP server TAB and that the "my server requires me to log on) is set and the "use same settings as my mail server" is on.

Also check the port settings, if set for SSL or TLS try without or auto and vice versa

Not sure if the actual options I've given are correct wording but you should be able to see the ones I mean

It may take a few tries to get things sorted but it should be one of the above

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/90894-cannot-sent-email-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I can't seem to find anyone else who is having this problem and I can't find help from Microsft without paying $50, soooooo here is the problem.
I can't get Email to work on outlook. I tryed (way more then once) to set up a new acount by going into Contacts - Mail - and set up a new file. but when I put in my email information it can't find anything. Crypted or uncrypted. So what can I do??
please help.
Thanks!

A:Outlook 2007 Email HELP

You are trying to setup a new account or new contact?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-email-help.718730/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi Guys
This is my first post in this forum, of hopefully many more. I'm an IT Manager in Johannesburg South Africa.

I would like to know if it's possible to send a mailer to all staff members from Outlook with a form format.

It should have drop down menus, and a comment bar for problems experienced.

What my aim is, is to get feedback from staff on the applications they are using with a rating plus a comment box for each related topic.

If someone could guide me on how this goes I'm sure I will figure it out.

Thanks
Kavesh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2007-outlook-questionaire-form.802618/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello.

Can I remove Microsoft Office 2007 and keep my Outlook Express preserved?
Outlook Express has a lot of info, emails & contacts that I don?t want to lose.

If it is possible, what steps should I take to properly do this task.

Thank you,
3_L7

A:Can I remove Office 2007 but keep Outlook Express

Hi Not trying to be nosey but why not just leave the whole thing? However I believe you can just remove parts. You may need the disk or try http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/install-or-remove-individual-office-programs-and-components-HA001234067.aspxIn Microsoft Windows, click the Start button, and then click Control Panel. Do one of the following: Windows Vista Click Programs, and then click Installed Programs. Click the name of the Microsoft Office edition or program you want to change, and then click Change. Note In Classic view, double-click Programs, and then click Installed Programs. Click the name of the Microsoft Office edition or program you want to change, and then click Change. Microsoft Windows XP Click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Change or Remove Programs. Click the name of the Microsoft Office edition or program you want to change, and then click Change. In the 2007 Microsoft Office system Setup dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next. Click the custom installation options that you want: Click a plus sign (+) to expand a folder and see more features. The symbol next to each feature indicates how that feature will be installed by default. You can change how the feature will be installed by clicking its symbol, and then selecting another symbol from the list that appears. The symbols and their meanings are as follows:Run from my computer Run from My Computer The feature will be installed and stored on your hard disk when you complete Setup. Subfeatures won't be installed and stored on your hard disk.Run from my computer Run all from My Computer The feature and all of its subfeatures will be installed and stored on your hard disk when you complete Setup.Installed on first use Installed on First Use The feature will be installed on your hard disk when you use the feature for the first time. At that time, you may need access to the CD or network server that you originally installed from. This option may not be available for all features.Not Available Not Available The feature won't be installed because it is not available. When you are done choosing the custom installation options that you want, do one of the following: Click Upgrade. This button appears if Setup detects an earlier version of the same Office program on your computer. Click Install Now. This button appears if Setup does not detect an earlier version of the same Office program on your computer.I suggest you read the entire Page I linkedGood LuckRoger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458770/can-i-remove-office-2007-but-keep-outlook-express/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello,

I would like to uninstall Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 but I don't know how to do it. Could you help me ? I would like to use only Outlook Express.

Regards,

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi, I have just installed Office 2007 Enterprise on my Win7 machine. I tryed to setup my Hotmail (Outlook) in the Outlook app but it doesn't work. Please help!

P.S. If you want photos just ask

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394306-how-do-i-setup-hotmail-office-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

In Windows 7 Dell studio laptop, Office 2007 SP2 is failing.
I installed Office Ultimate followed by SP1 and SP2.
It didnt throw up any error during the installation.
But in the list of installed updates, SP2 shows up as failed.

I am not sure if it is related or not. But Outlook keeps hanging once it runs for sometime. This happened once to Excel also once.

IE also keeps
I almost feel like reverting back to Vista.

A:Office 2007 SP2 failing; Outlook hanging.

Quote: Originally Posted by suryabalaji

In Windows 7 Dell studio laptop, Office 2007 SP2 is failing.
I installed Office Ultimate followed by SP1 and SP2.
This happened once to Excel also once.

IE also keeps
I almost feel like reverting back to Vista.

Welcome to the forum.
If possible perform the following function:Click on Action Center
Drop down the Maintainance menu.
View the reliability history.
Select the day that you had the appfailure
click on the red warning button and you will see the report that indicates the failure.
On the bottom left of your screen you will see a paste to clpboard function. click it and paste it here so we may review.
I suspect you may be experiencing an "APPCRASH" event.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/23658-office-2007-sp2-failing-outlook-hanging.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Windows XP Pro
Office 2007 Standard (Paid + registered + Updated to latest)
Office 2003 Pro (Paid + registered + Updated to latest)
Eset Protection

There seems to be a conflict between Office 2007 and Outlook 2003

Using Excel 2007 and Office 2003 seems to trigger a scroll down with no stop, in all Office modules + a loss of Junck mail Filter in Outlook 2003.

With Microsoft periodic new updates, all operations resume to normal, but after later uses, the scroll dpwn + Filter loss comes back again.

I am thinking of de-installing Office 2007 or 2003, but need to keep Outlook 2003.
Is there a way to make sure that Oulook 2003 would not interfere with Office 2007 if I remove all of Office 2003 modules but not Outlook 2003 ?

Please advise,
Richard

A:Outlook 2003 - Office 2007 Issues

I would also be willing to migrate to the near future Office 201x... if available soon because I am not all that satisfied with this new Excel 2007 interface. It feels like working in silo with the rooting of different options...

Did anyone ear of a new near future version of Office Pro (with Outlook)

Thanks again,
Richard

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-2003-office-2007-issues-388594.html
Relevancy 80.84%

When I open Outlook ( running under XP) I get the error message " The data file "Personal Folders" was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems."

What is ( not) happening and does anyone know how I can sort it ?

Thanks

David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304768/office-outlook-2007-personal-folders/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have just purchased a new laptop with Vista and installed Office 2007. One issue, although not a big issue, is that Outlook 2007 seems to differ from Outlook 2003 in that when attaching images to email I no longer get the option from outlook to resize the image being sent, i.e. left as it is or I could choose from different versions.

As I said this is a major issue but it saved a lot of messing about. I have read the MS web sites and canot find any information about it, I did find an article outling the differences between Outlook 2007 and 2003 (including what was features were removed from 2003 in 2007) and zero mention of the automatic resize feature.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Garrick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-outlook-2007-image-attachments.559442/
Relevancy 80.84%

I currently have MS Office Pro installed on desktop running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

I'd like to install MS Office Pro 2013 in order to update Word but I don't want to overwrite my Outlook 2007 with Outlook 2013. Is this possible? If so, what should I look for or do during installation?

My thanks,

Mary

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/396883-installing-office-2013-keep-outlook-2007-possible.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hey Office Outlook Office crashing repeat 2007 gurus On my home PC I m running Vista SP with Office k My copy of Outlook keeps crashing after only about seconds of operation I checked the error logs and I see ID Application Name Microsoft Office Outlook Application Version Microsoft Office Version This session lasted Office Outlook 2007 repeat crashing seconds with seconds of active time This session ended with a crash Source Office Sessions Event ID I will also see the error where the session ends with a hang Office Outlook 2007 repeat crashing event ID of Either way it s made my Outlook nigh unusable Now to this point I totally changed my AV from mcafee to MS Security Essentials to eliminate the mail scanner as a possibility I have also disabled all outlook add-ons and tried running outlook in safe mode same error I did try running the office diagnose and repair tool also did not help Google search also said to remove and re-add your mail accounts but I don t use Outlook for mail just for calendar and contacts to sync with Blackberry SO after all my ramblings anyone have any other ideas nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

I upgraded Outlook 2007 to 2010. I did this via purchasing a new seat of 2007 to get the upgrade last week for free.

Please bear with me but with Office Pro 2007, inclusive of Outlook already installed, I found the only way to activate the upgradable new seat of Outlook 2007 (required of course for the upgrade to 2010) was to remove Office Pro 2007 (and its Outlook 2007), then install and activate the new upgradable seat of Outlook 2007.

Anyway, Outlook 2010 is up and running, but I of course need the other 2007 applications back

My question Lord willing is simple, when I put the Office Pro 2007 disk in, will it ask me if I want to install it's 2007 version of Outlook over Outlook 2010, or will it just do it(!)...?

A:Install Office Pro 2007 over Outlook 2010

Quote: Originally Posted by daledrums

I upgraded Outlook 2007 to 2010. I did this via purchasing a new seat of 2007 to get the upgrade last week for free.

Please bear with me but with Office Pro 2007, inclusive of Outlook already installed, I found the only way to activate the upgradable new seat of Outlook 2007 (required of course for the upgrade to 2010) was to remove Office Pro 2007 (and its Outlook 2007), then install and activate the new upgradable seat of Outlook 2007.

Anyway, Outlook 2010 is up and running, but I of course need the other 2007 applications back

My question Lord willing is simple, when I put the Office Pro 2007 disk in, will it ask me if I want to install it's 2007 version of Outlook over Outlook 2010, or will it just do it(!)...?

You want to do a "custom" install of office 2007, just uncheck "outlook" and install whatever else you want. You can only have one installed copy of outlook at a time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/93053-install-office-pro-2007-over-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I've searched for a solution to this and am having no luck so far but my old hp laptop has just died and although I had bought the full MS office outlook 2007 prog and although still have the activation key but it doesn't work with new trial downloads.

Am I being dumb and the license is only for the one use on one laptop ever? Because thats hardly reasonable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I hit a brickwall with outlook help.
I have had to download MS office 2007 and not just the outlook portion. Could that be the reason? I can't find the individual program as a download. I originally paid for the trial version on the hp to be activated.

A:Migrating MS office Outlook 2007 to a new laptop

What is this "Activation Key" that you have?

On all of the machines that I have install Office including Outlook, all that is required is the KEY code on installation, and then use the Activate wizard within and Office product. This wizard will always pop up on the first start of any Office product.

Yes, some versions of MS products are limited to only one machine, but when you do a activation, there is a phone number in which you can call and explain that you are moving to a new machine and they (Microsoft) will help you out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/migrating-ms-office-outlook-2007-to-a-new-laptop.859490/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi all,
I'm experimenting on how to get Office 2003 and Office 2007 to co-exist on the same computer.
Setup: Vista Biz 32bit. Office 2003 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook). Office 2007(Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, NO OUTLOOK)

Each component in the suite run ok.
I have added the registry entries for Word2K3 and Word2K7 so they don't auto-register every time you launch.
(reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t
REG_DWORD /d 1
eg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t
REG_DWORD /d 1)

My problem is when I try composing a test message in outlook 2003, it thinks word 2003 is not installed.
We're using an open source Exchange server (Scalix) whose version (11.0)does not support Outlook 2007.

Any insights?
Thanks

Relevancy 80.84%

I recently removed admin rights from our end user computers XP Pro- bit Everything works great using the quot run as quot option except for Outlook That option doesn t seem to be available for Outlook Whenever a user launches they receive an error message stating quot Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook quot The only way to get Outlook to launch is to return local admin rights All other Office products work We are using an Exchange server though it is in another office and I do not have access to it The end Cannot Office 2007 Outlook Microsoft start users have full control access to C Documents and Settings user name Application Data Microsoft Office and C Documents and Settings user name Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Outlook I also granted Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 them access to HKLM Software Microsoft Office Is there anything else I Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 need to give them access to Any other ideas I completed the installation of Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 the software with admin rights and am only now taking them away I thought maybe there was an Active Directory issue here since I inherited our current PDC and the associated AD accounts but it s happening on all new users too Can t find anything helpful about this on Google Thanks nbsp

A:Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

Have you tried creating another profile in Outlook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-start-microsoft-office-outlook-2007.804223/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi all

I am doing an upgrade from Office 2003 to 2007 but need to keep the users Outlook mail setup.

I just want to upgrade the rest of it without it getting too messy i.e; without me having to setup Outlook all over again for the user.

Any ideas the best possible way to do this cleanly.

Relevancy 80.84%

I'm sorry if this topic has been thrashed but I couldn't find an answer..... when I click on the calendar in ms outlook it won't open and freezes outlook completely. I have to force outlook to shut but calendar still doesn't work.. I would appreciate some help please.

A:office outlook 2007 calendar won't open

try tools options make sure calander is ticked as default, try tools options use alternative calander, try help..detect/repair

try start type Outlook /cleanviews enter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-outlook-2007-calendar-wont-open.936982/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello,

I have an issue with outlook. When someone sends me an email with a .jpg attachment, it has a quicktime icon next to the name, when I open it from the email it gives me an error that has something to do with quicktime. I can save it to the desktop and it will have the right association with Windows Picture & Fax Viewer. But if I open it within outlook, it will try to open it as a quicktime file.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Synt4x

A:MS Office Outlook 2007 File Association

I guess no one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-office-outlook-2007-file-association.930019/