Windows Support Forum

Unable to add aol email account to Outlook 2007

Q: Unable to add aol email account to Outlook 2007

I had an aol and a hotmail email account on Outlook. About two weeks ago the aol account stopped working in Outlook. When I would open the aol account there would be no update and in the bottom right of the Outlook screen, there was an indication that I wasn't connected. This would disappear as soon as I I opened the hotmail account, which was fully functional. My aol account in AOL works fine. The only problem is trying to use it in Outlook. My OS is Windows 7. I already tried deleting the aol account and then adding it as a new account, which goes through without a glitch. However, then the aol account does not appear as an option under the Mail heading in Outlook. If I go to Tools/Options/Mail Setup/Email Accounts in Outlook, the aol account appears there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-add-aol-email-account-to-outlook-2007.971643/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to add aol email account to Outlook 2007

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 19.78%

So about a few weeks ago (not exactly sure when it started) my computer stopped allowing me to access certain websites. It started out with only a few, but now it is almost 50-80% not connecting. I do not think it is a problem with my browser. I typically use Firefox, but IE will connect to the same ones Firefox allows, and will also not connect to the same websites Firefox will not allow.

I have searched these forums for a couple of hours now and nothing seems to fit my exact problem, and I am hesitant to use the solutions from other forums because it might further hurt my system. I am not tech-savvy/computer literate to say the least, and I would need a thorough walk-through on how to diagnose the problem, as well as how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Unable to connect to most websites -- not a browser problem

How are you not allowed to view the website? Does the page show "The page cannot be displayed"? or you are not authorized or something else?

Try running cmd.exe, type "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-most-websites-not-a-browser-problem.177710/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello friends
i am unable to get sound from the external speakers , when the speaker jack is connected to the cpu i hear sound from the internal speakers, how do i get my external speakers working

regards
Shiv

A:Unable to hear from the hear external speakers

shiv said:

Hello friends
i am unable to get sound from the external speakers , when the speaker jack is connected to the cpu i hear sound from the internal speakers, how do i get my external speakers working

regards
ShivClick to expand...

How about some more info about your system man?

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-hear-from-the-hear-external-speakers.174073/
Relevancy 19.78%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 20.21%

This all started after I reset the router putting in new pass code I m using same name of the old SSID When you click to Windows SSID was to unable connect on the wireless network connection on the name of my SSID on connect it saying Getting information from SSID this sounds like Windows was unable to connect to SSID good thing that windows can see the router and talk to it Type in the network key same thing looks like windows can see the router and talk Windows was unable to connect to SSID to it I type in the network key and OK Than it is saying windows was unable to connect to SSID name I have set up other computers and it can connect but this one computer running windows cannot I have the pass code down on paper and other computers can connect So wrong pass code is not the case The only thing I can think of is is computers using the old profile or my network card may need to be reset When I open networking sharing center and click on manage wireless networks I removed the old profiles in the list But I m not sure if there is still some kind of conflict or the old setting still there some where Well because I m using the same SSID despite the router reset and new pass code I m not sure why I cannot connect unless Windows was unable to connect to SSID the windows thinks I m connecting to the old SSID I tried to restart the computer and no change nbsp

A:Windows was unable to connect to SSID

Force the system to forget that SSD and then reboot.
Now look for it again and enter the passphrase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-ssid.207365/
Relevancy 20.21%

So I have a very strange issue with my laptop.
It's a Toshiba a665-06f
I7 [email protected]
8gb ram
500gb Samsung ssd
Running Windows 8.1 pro

I can't get into the bios it boots in less than 10 secs, I've even tryed removing the hdd to get it to boot to the bios but it just sits at a blank screen when I do that. I've tryed tapping the all the f keys the del and esc on start cant get into the bios or even the boot options. Other than not booting into the bois it works great.
Any ideas please?

A:Unable to access bios

"Other than not booting into the bios, it works great"... So this means you can boot into Windows normally, and use the laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-bios.206928/
Relevancy 19.78%

The (Tp internet connect to 740n) router link via Unable to router worked fine in the past until recently my ISP had a break in the cable line and repaired it Now I am unable to connect to the internet If Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n) I connect the ISP s LAN cable directly to PC windows and do the following steps Control panel gt View network stats and tasks Setup a new connection or network gt Connect to the internet gt Next Broadband PPPOE gt Next Type in username password gt Connect Internet works fine This means there is no problem with the internet connection However if I connect the ISP s LAN cable to the quot blue quot port of the router and the short LAN cable to my PC then do the following steps Open http tplinklogin net It shows me router config page Click Quick setup gt Next Select PPPoE gt Next Type in username password gt Next Leave the Wireless Page untouched gt Next Click Reboot Wait till router reboots It does not work the router page shows quot Connecting quot but does not connect at all Here s the router log TL-WR N System Log Time - - s H-Ver WR N v S-Ver Build Rel n L M W PPPoE W M G st day OTHER INFO User clear system log st day PPP NOTICE PPPoE start connecting st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x nbsp

A:Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n)

Please help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-router-tp-link-740n.206843/
Relevancy 20.64%

I'm attempting to connect my laptop to my Wi-Fi but I'm having problems. I'm able to connect other devices with no problems, but when I try connection my laptop I get a "limited connection" message with a yellow triangle. Someone please help!! Tell me what info about my laptop you need from me.

A:Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

"Other devices"? Do you mean other WiFi networks? If so, then reboot your router. Also make sure your laptop's wireless can handle what your router is outputting (ac, n? 2.4vs5.8Ghz).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wi-fi.205919/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've never come across this and need a few more heads on this. All of a sudden this evening I am unable to upload to the internet. I've tried uploading to Facebook, gmail, and drop box all with a laptop, galaxy tab, HTC one phone, ( these three on wireless internet) and our hp desktop (hard wired). I can download from each program with all devices as well as browse internet and play YouTube videos. I've rebooted each device. Rebooted modem, router, as well as removed the router from the equation. I had my local isp (Wow! Internet) reboot their end twice. They say they have no problems in our area and it's not on their end.... Anyone ran across this or have any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-upload-can-download.205781/
Relevancy 19.78%

As the title says I'm trying to connect my HP3050 printer to my computer wirelessly. Problem is I get this:

The story goes that in the past week or so we swapped to a different internet provider and have swapped out the old modem/router for one that the new company has provided.
Prior to this no problems at all.

How do I counter this, I.e. remove the problem of what appears to be the availability of two routers, the new and the old?

Thanks,
Tom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-my-hp3050-printer-wirelessly.202822/
Relevancy 20.21%

I bought a Samsung 840 SSD (120GB) for my gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 motherboard. I am unable to install win 7 64bit on it. It is a SATA SSD.

I have tried ACHD mode in the BIOS, I have tried IDE mode. The drive works as I have tested it as an external drive on other computers.

I bought the drive specifically to be used as a primary drive.

My regular hard drives work fine on the motherboard.

A:Unable to install SSD on Win7 x64 system

Well, first of all, your motherboard only supports 3GB/s and the 840 is a 6GB/s drive. Just by that you won't really get your moneys worth. And how so are you unable to install? Also can you please list your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-ssd-on-win7-x64-system.190141/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello everyone,

I'm using windows 7 on my pc and try to connect to my home wireless connection .
every time I try to connect and enter the password, it won't be connected.
However, I'm using my laptop and phone to connect and it worked properly.

Please help my problem
Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 unable to connect to wireless connection

How is your wireless Configured. I have seen many issues when using mixed mode in certain Linksys or Cisco Products. What kind of adapter are you using on y our PC for wireless Connection? Has it ever worked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-connection.199928/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello
guys please I need your help, my laptop keep saying
Unable to connect to the proxy server what can I do to fit it please

A:Unable to connect to the proxy server

You are getting this message because the laptop can't find a wireless network to connect to...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-the-proxy-server.199618/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am finding this problem to be a bit of a puzzler I have pc s networked together and connected to the internet through a switch and Unable the browse internet 7 to Windows then to a BTrouter all connected via Ethernet cabling None will connect to any page using IE one Unable to browse the internet Windows 7 has google chrome that will open google do a search if Unable to browse the internet Windows 7 I type in a subject but if I try to open one of the found pages it won t open them if I type in a website address same problem If I go into windows Live mail it will send and receive mails suggesting to me that internet is connected I have ran scans with Combofix and Malwarebytes which found next to nothing and booted into safe mode but still no success I can access the software on the routers so that connection is fine Have rebooted router and also changed the router for a different make and still no success both routers seem to tell me that broadband is connected This was all working OK some days ago and then all stopped working Any suggestions would be gratefully received nbsp

A:Unable to browse the internet Windows 7

Let's try this; using an Admin user login, get the command prompt and then enter:

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
Quit any existing browser, restart a browser and try Google again.
If you can run like this (btw: it will be slower to resolve the url), then we need to investigate youretc\hosts file. If you still can't surf the net correctly, we need to dig deeper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-browse-the-internet-windows-7.198415/
Relevancy 19.78%

Problem:
I have a PC that has to connect to a server through a modem for security reasons.
While it is connected to the modem, a screen needs to be printed.
The printer that is being used is connected to the local network.
While connected to the modem, attempting to print gives the error "The RPC server is unavailable."

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Printer server is Windows Server 2008
Modem is old 56k modem connected by serial port (don't think that matters)

What I've tried:
I have tried modifying the routing table to force connections to the subnet that the computer and printer are hosted on.
route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0 METRIC 40 IF 0x2
ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53, ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2 is the integrated NIC
The RPC service is running, and I have also started the RPC locator

Any suggestions what I should do next?

A:Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

These are correct

ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53,
ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2
but this is not

route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0
and should not be necessary at all, if the PC gateway is on 10.1.61.x

Instead, get the output of ROUTE PRINT and post that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-while-connected-to-modem.195362/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi. I use a 1tb external hard drive to store music, photos and movies. I use it on my Imac, also on my Asus e-book. I see that the external hard drive is partitioned into two. How or why I don't know. What I do know is that the first part is now full, and I cant see the second part when plugged into the USB on either computer. Could anyone help me by suggesting how I can access the second 500gig? Id appreciate answers in plain English, I really dont understand more than the basics, and the clearer ans simpler the answers the more I will learn, and thanks to all those about to read this !

A:Unable to access both partitions on external hard drive

Back-up all your data on the first partition.​
Right click on "My computer" and click "manage".This should take you to the computer management screen.​
Look at the left, you should see an option that says "Disk Management"; Click on it.​
You should be able to see all the disc partitions, find your External HDD partitions.​
Right-Click on the 2nd partition and delete it.​
After that right click on your first partition and select the option to "Extend Partition"​
​If you are confused, or need confirmation for anything please don't hesitate to ask.​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-both-partitions-on-external-hard-drive.195074/
Relevancy 20.21%

First post and here is the story I have an old broken XP laptop A friend loaned me his IDE SATA to USB cable so I could get some files off the hard drive I proceeded from computer another one Unable data to get to to connect and download what I wanted o my Acer windows computer I put everything into a folder I can open that folder and read the Docs and Unable to get data from one computer to another look at the pictures no problem I copied the info to an external HDD I tried to download it to my wife s laptop but it is not there I tried to load the same info on to a Cruzer Flash drive and transfer it the same way The folder is empty is what I get when I click on the flash drive letter If I put it back into my computer I can read it If I click properties of the drive it shows the space being used I also tried to put the info onto a laptop at work same thing If I add an unrelated file onto the flash drive it works normally These files are possessed Help I guess you can t edit the title nbsp

A:Unable to get data from one computer to another

It could be because you could have "hide hidden files/folders" checked. Just a guess, good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-get-data-from-one-computer-to-another.190609/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an: DIXONH55ITX Socket 1156 Advent Firefly FP 3104 System Motherboard

I'm looking to upgrade for 2 main reasons.

1.) Upgrade my Ram, (as the limit of ram for this motherboard is 4gb.)
2.) More than 1 PCI-E slot. (There's only one on this motherboard.)

But my main question is:
What do I need to take into account when upgrading my Motherboard?
(Compatibility issues etc.)

Also any motherboard recommendations (under 200). As I'm planning on upgrading my computer to a gaming rig.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

A:What do I need to take into account when upgrading my motherboard?

Not quite understanding you. Are you wanting to keep all other parts and just upgrade mobo, ram and gpu?:

It sounds to me like you are wanting to build an entire new system. If so, give us a budget and what should be included (monitor, windows etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-take-into-account-when-upgrading-my-motherboard.190547/
Relevancy 23.22%

Guys, a netbook with this config
pro:Intel atom 1.46ghz
Ram:1 gb ddr3
can run ms office 2007 or10 or13 easily without hanging up in middle of work and BIG PDF files also.For example netbook here is one:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-10-...Windows/dp/B001GZC8K8/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url
Thanks

A:Can a netbook run MS Word 2007-13 easily?

You would need to define exactly what you mean by big files.

I would say yes as Office 2010 is installed on one of our Netbooks, but that really depend on just how big a file you are referring to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-netbook-run-ms-word-2007-13-easily.190257/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi All I am having a weird issue with my Cisco router From the router I am able to ping and reach out to the internet but from the client I am able to reach out to the internet but unable to ping I am not sure where is the issue but when I traceroute to it my packets are dropped at my routers interface All my pings from the client time out I checked the Access list to make sure ICMP is not blocked Following is my running conf ip audit notify log ip audit po max-events ip ssh break-string ipv unicast-routing no ftp-server write-enable no scripting tcl init no scripting tcl encdir no voice hpi capture buffer no voice hpi capture destination interface Loopback description abc ip address interface FastEthernet description Connection to officeswitch ip address duplex full speed ipv rip abc enable no ipv mfib fast interface FastEthernet description ISP ip address ip access-group ISP -IN in ip access-group ISP -OUT out ip route-cache flow duplex full speed auto interface Serial description ISP ip address ip access-group Verio-IN in ip access-group Verio-OUT out ip route-cache flow serial restart-delay interface Serial no unable ping Can from router ping from client to but machines ip address shutdown serial restart-delay interface Serial no ip address shutdown serial restart-delay interface Serial no ip address shutdown serial restart-delay router ospf log-adjacency-changes network area default-information originate router bgp no synchronization bgp Can ping from router but unable to ping from client machines log-neighbor-changes network mask aggregate-address summary-only no auto-summary ip classless ip flow-export source Loopback ip flow-export version ip flow-aggregation cache protocol-port enabled ip flow-aggregation cache prefix enabled no ip http server no ip http secure-server ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list deny ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list permit ip access-list standard Access permit deny any log ip access-list extended ISP -IN permit tcp host any eq www log permit icmp any any log deny ip any log deny tcp any any eq ftp log deny tcp any any eq smtp log deny tcp any any eq log deny ip any log permit ip any any ip access-list extended ISP -OUT permit icmp any any log permit ip any any ip access-list extended ISP -IN permit icmp any any log deny ip any log deny tcp any any eq ftp log deny tcp any any eq smtp log deny tcp any any eq deny ip any log permit ip any any ip access-list extended ISP -OUT permit ip any any permit icmp any any logging trap debugging logging source-interface Loopback snmp-server community apricot RO snmp-server trap-source Loopback snmp-server location S Ellsworth Ave Suite snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkdown linkup coldstart warmstart snmp-server enable traps tty snmp-server enable traps config snmp-server enable traps envmon fan shutdown supply temperature snmp-server enable traps bgp redistribute static route-map ISP PATH permit match as-path route-map ISP PATH permit match as-path set as-path prepend route-map SETPATH permit match as-path set as-path prepend I will appreciate any input to help me solve this problem nbsp

A:Can ping from router but unable to ping from client machines

I am able to reach out to the internet but unable to ping Click to expand...

ping is not required to have connectivity - - it is only a test & traceroute tool.

From the client, get a command prompt (or in Linux a Terminal) use nslookup google.com
If it returns the IP address of google, then you can ignore the ping problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-ping-from-router-but-unable-to-ping-from-client-machines.185071/
Relevancy 20.21%

I?ve never had to set the BIOS password, but the kids are growing up and I need to lock access to my PC.

My Bios has two Password Options: Supervisor and User.

The Supervisor password was accepted, and before I attempt to change the BIOS settings, the Supervisor password is asked for.

Then I set the user password.

However, when I boot up the PC, I am not asked for any password and windows loads as usual.

What am I missing?

The BIOS is Award Software International, Inc. F4 HI 07/03/2007

A:Unable to set BIOS user password

Do you have the option mentioned below?

Setting a BIOS Password

Now you'll want to set your system to ask for that password every time it boots, so select the BIOS FEATURES SETUP option, to see a menu something like this:

Fairly obviously, it's the Password Check option we're interested in, so select it and change the setting to ALWAYS.

etc....Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-set-bios-user-password.183774/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi all my daughter has told me she used to press the email button on her laptop and access her emails now it doesnt access the emails sorry not uch info .but does anyone have a clue what is wrong or what I could do or try thanks

A:Can't access email from email button

Does the laptop come w/ a program to customize keyboard settings? Maybe that a look at that. My Logitech keyboard came w/ a program called Setpoint which allows me to choose what email program to open when the button is pressed. I had an eMachine keyboard w/ an email button that opens up the default email program. So that's something else to check. Maybe the computer forgot what the default email program is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-email-from-email-button.183234/
Relevancy 19.35%

hey can anyone help me out here?

I tried portforward.com's guide and editing the registry game data port, still cant host games

running windows vista 7

A:Unable to host games in StarCraft with Comcast modem on Linksys e1000

Make sure the game is not blocked by any firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-host-games-in-starcraft-with-comcast-modem-on-linksys-e1000.181314/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi Everyone

I have a laptop with Windows 7 installed, using USB 3G device connect though the Internet. The problem is I have 3 machines and a spare router that I want to share the Internet.

Can you please advise how to share the internet from a laptop through a router ?

A:Unable to share the Internet from a laptop through a router

Hello! Sadly, for all intents and purposes, it just doesn't work like that. I'm not saying it's impossible, because I have read how techies have made this happen - but it requires an insane amount of configuration, 3rd party software, a little programming, and a good grasp of linux. The router has to have the internet connection to share out to other computers. Go and get a wifi hotspot instead of a 3G USB device. The wifi hotspot, depending on the provider, should support up to 5+ connections. Another option is the see what ISPs are in your area, get service at your residence, then you could use the router. Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-share-the-internet-from-a-laptop-through-a-router.179668/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a Dell Latitude D with Windows XP installed on it My Wireless adapter is an Intel R Wireless Wifi Link AGN My current issue is that after my router Belkin F D v crashed and had to be reset I have not been able to access my router It says it is unable to renew the IP address However I am able to access a different unsecured wireless network and my other computer has no trouble accessing the router When I try to run ipconfig to renew address Unable IP it opens the cmd prompt and quickly closes it I can run ipconfig by opening cmd prompt and entering the command from there The only thing that I can think of is that something got messed up after the router crash or its a result of installing Ad-Aware Antivirus which I have since uninstalled and am still having issues Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Only shows settings for LAN which are IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Under Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected When I try to put a manual IP address into the wireless TCP IP settings it connects to my router for about seconds and then disconnects nbsp

A:Unable to renew IP address

I'm an *****

Leaving this post up for anyone wanting a good laugh... and for anyone else who is also dumb.

I solved my issue by retyping the password.

Nothing like wasting 2 hours over just needing to refresh the password... Ugh...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-renew-ip-address.179909/
Relevancy 19.78%

i am unable to reset my router back to default username/password setting.ive been able to reset it in the past, but i cant remember what i did.

i have held the reset button down for 90 secs. then i unplugged the router while still holding down the reset button for an additional 90 secs. and finally plugged the power back in again still holding the reset button for an additional 90 secs.

ive tried switching between different web browser. default gateway is 198.162.1.1

tried using cmd prompt. used ipconfig /release. ipconfig /renew. just for the heck of it.

ive also read that this same model and version is giving alot of people trouble as far as resetting it goes.

honestly, im not sure what firmware i have installed. im not sure how to check it... if that may be the issue.

while trying to login to router via firefox, i get the security level 15 message

cant remember my username/password

A:Unable to reset linksys BEFW11S4 ver 4 router

Sounds like your router needs a hard reset, the following has helped me in some cases, but be aware, if these procedures don't work, than your router has gone bye bye, it's junk.

To reset your router to factory defaults, use the following procedure:

1) Power down all computers, the router, and the modem, and unplug them from the wall.
2) Disconnect all wires from the router.
3) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
4) Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then release it, then let the router reset and reboot (2-3 minutes).
5) Power down the router.
6) Connect one computer by wire to port 1 on the router (NOT to the internet port).
7) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
8) Power up the computer (if the computer has a wireless card, make sure it is off).
9) Try to ping the router. To do this, click the "Start" button > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. A black DOS box will appear. Enter the following: "ping 192.168.1.1" (no quotes), and hit the Enter key. You will see 3 or 4 lines that start either with "Reply from ... " or "Request timed out." If you see "Reply from ...", your computer has found your router.
10) Open your browser and point it to 192.168.1.1. This will take you to your router's login page. Leave the user name blank, and in the password field, enter "admin" (with no quotes). This will take you to your router setup page. Note the version number of your firmware (usually listed near upper right corner of screen). Exit your browser.

If you get this far without problems, try the setup disk (or setup the router manually, if you prefer), and see if you can get your router setup and working.

If you cannot get "Reply from ..." in step 9 above, your router is dead.

If there's some time left on any type or warrenty for this device, I would recommend using it, that is if in fact your router is dead.

Good luck.............hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-reset-linksys-befw11s4-ver-4-router.178724/
Relevancy 20.21%

I want to use virtualbox software it says in settings that you need to enable the virtualization option in host system to add more than one cpu.But in the bios i was unable to find the option.Please help me.

A:Unable to see virtualization option in BIOS

may not support it. make sure you look up the processor you have and check if it supports it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-see-virtualization-option-in-bios.177946/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello

I have windows XP. There are instructions on the net to use NTBACKUP.MSI. Even though I downloaded the file the computer can't find the file.

Whats the best way to back up to a portable hard drive on a regular basis?

ALSO

I also would like to back up my address book to the portable hard drive.

Thanks Heaps

A:Back up XP + email addresses to portable hard drive

What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-up-xp-email-addresses-to-portable-hard-drive.177972/
Relevancy 20.21%

I get "windows was unable to complete the format" error when I try to format my micro sd card on my computer. So I check everywhere in the drive and I find a folder that gives me "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error when I try to delete or access it. I can delete everything else but it reappears after I reinserted the drive. I tried to format with command prompt and I get "invalid media or track 0 bad - disk unusable." I also treid Panasonic SDFormatter but I get "the memory card is write protected please release the write protect switch" which I did.This all happen after I tried to format it on my phone and connected it to my PC. I'm using windows xp pro build 2600 sp 3 and my micro sd card is a sandisk.

A:Unable to format my 2GB microSD

It could just be a bad sd card. They won't last forever.

What I would do (aside from what you've already done) is put the micro sd card in its full sd adapter (that came with it I'm sure) and then put that in a camera and format it there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-format-my-2gb-microsd.177968/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey there,

I am trying to pull old files from my hard drive that was in my old computer running Windows XP. I have it plugged in via extenal housing/Reader if you will and when I try to copy or drag the files a windows shows up saying access is denied. Is this because of user logins or something with XP or something crazy like this and is there a way to copy these files over to my other computer that is running XP as well.

Thanks

A:Unable to copy files from old hard drive even with carriage

You need to take ownership. Here is a thread with instructions: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic8914.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-copy-files-from-old-hard-drive-even-with-carriage.176761/
Relevancy 20.21%

Using laptop Toshiba Satellite A -S with Vista installed originally I later had Vista removed amp XP installed and all XP updates are installed Device Manager shows Network Adapters Net Adapter and Intel PRO Wireless ABG The info on the Net Adapter is Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC The Properties for Bus Driver indicates version When using Windows Repair function for Connection I get this msg quot TCP IP is not enabled for Web to Unable via connect to telnet connection this connection quot I have researched other posts for this message and have tried just about every solution offered but nothing has worked Attempts to update the driver resulted Unable to connect to Web via telnet connection in msg indicating the current driver is the best available I went online to see if an update is available and on pcpitstop com found Windows XP -bit driver Should I download amp install this driver to see if it helps I have worked on Unable to connect to Web via telnet connection this for days and am at my wits end The reason I need the wired connection is that it must be used by Carbonite to perform a complete online backup of my computer nbsp

A:Unable to connect to Web via telnet connection

1394 is NOT ethernet, it is firewire (an apple standard) and is not (usually ) used to access the internet. You information is conflicting. The Intel PRO connection would be the one used for internet (WAN) or LAN. The firewire port looks completely different than an ethernet port and more resembles a USB connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-web-via-telnet-connection.176520/
Relevancy 20.21%

Yesterday I posted this Ethernet connect to Web via to connection Unable same info under the title quot Unable to connect to web via Telnet connection quot I have gotten no responses and realized I should have said Ethernet instead of Telnet My Ethernet connection is what my problem really is I have copied the content of the earlier post to this new post in hopes that someone will look at my problem and offer some advice Here goes Using laptop Toshiba Satellite A -S with Vista installed originally I later had Unable to connect to Web via Ethernet connection Vista removed amp XP installed and all XP updates are installed Device Manager shows Network Adapters Net Adapter and Intel PRO Wireless ABG The info on the Net Adapter is Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC The Properties for Bus Driver indicates version When using Windows Repair function for Connection I get this msg quot TCP IP is not enabled for this connection quot I have researched other posts for this message and have tried just about every solution offered but nothing has worked Attempts to update the driver resulted in msg indicating the current driver is the best available I went online to see if an update is available and on pcpitstop com found Windows XP -bit driver Should I download amp install this driver to see if it helps I have worked on this for days and am at my wits end The reason I need the wired connection is that it must be used by Carbonite to perform a complete online backup of my computer nbsp

A:Unable to connect to Web via Ethernet connection

KarenLB said:

I have gotten no responses, and realized I should have said Ethernet instead of Telnet.Click to expand...

BIG DIFF

Here goes .......

Using laptop Toshiba Satellite A135-S4427 with Vista installed originally.
I later had Vista removed & XP installed, and all XP updates are installed.
Device Manager shows 2 Network Adapters:

1394 Net Adapter and <IGNORE THIS ONE
Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG.
The info on the 1394 Net Adapter is: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC. The Properties for 1394 Bus Driver indicates version 5.1.2600.5512. When using Windows Repair function for1394 Connection,Click to expand...

1394 is the Fireware adapter that competes against USB. If you know how, just disable for now in the Device Manager - - else just ignore it.

I get this msg. "TCP/IP is not enabled for this connection". I have researched other posts for this message and have tried just about every solution offered, but nothing has worked. Attempts to update the driver resulted in msg. indicating the current driver is the best available. I went online to see if an update is available, and on pcpitstop.com found Windows XP 32-bit driver 5.719.0325.2009. Should I download & install this driver to see if it helps? I have worked on this for 2 days and am at my wits end. The reason I need the wired connection is that it must be used by Carbonite to perform a complete online backup of my computer.Click to expand...

First; disable IPv6 (if any) with this link

Reboot and wire the connection to your router (be sure your WiFi is disabled or at least has the switch in the off position).

get a command Prompt
(start->run->cmd) and enter ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt
follow-up by attaching the file myTCP.txt or copy/paste its contents . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-web-via-ethernet-connection.176555/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello fellow nerds of the internet I built myself a nice 6970 or unable to computer rate New HD play games system new computer yesterday I ghz windows bit gb ram New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games etc but the video card is the ASUS AMD knock off aka HD Direct CU I have had absolutely no problems watching videos or any of the normal day to day running of the machine and am able to use the higher resolutions for my monitor except the moment I attempt to play a game the game crashes anti climatically revealing my desktop Whilst I am grateful for the lack of full system crashes I built my gaming computer for get this GAMING so I am a tad bit annoyed I also attempted to do a windows machine rating however that failed coming up with an error report The windows experience index for your computer could not be computed Could not measure video playback performance When I attempted to launch Star Wars The Old Republic I received the error report Error code incompatible system Please verify your system is compatible with this game When I attempted to launch Crysis I received the error report Unsupported Video Card ASUS EAH Series vender x x device x Continuing to run may lead to unexpected results of crashes DX Diagnosis ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NYX-PC Operating System New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model Z XP-UD R BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ASUS EAH Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BC amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model W Monitor Id GSM B Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-C -B A C CA Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x BC Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag NICayman ci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS A amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVHD sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Realtek Digital ... Read more

A:New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games

I suspect it's a power supply issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-hd-6970-unable-to-rate-system-or-play-games.176490/
Relevancy 18.06%

Im trying to set up an email in outlook 2007 with ms exchange 2003. Under the exchange proxy settings, i set the connection settings to RPC.domain, and check the box that says "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal in their certificate: I use the "msstd:rpc.domain

A:MS Outlook connection with Exchange 2003

Sorrry, I accidently posted before i was finished. but I get an error message saying "the connection to ms exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or conncected to complete this action. Can anyone help me with this. Much appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-outlook-connection-with-exchange-2003.176076/
Relevancy 19.78%

Heya i ve downloaded and tried to play the following online games Allods Shaiya Runes of Magic Lotro Everytime I downloaded each game and tried to connect to any of their servers it would always come up with a connection or client timeout error of some sort I m not sure if it has anything to do with my internet connection because recently I downloaded and played the beta for SWTOR online on my old crap vista laptop which is about years old Apart from very very low fps due to a terrible video card my swtor online servers unable game to connect Laptop to connection was perfect I also Laptop unable to connect to online game servers downloaded the swtor beta on my new laptop and after finishing the massive game download it came up with a data error though I can t remember what it was perhaps it is also related to my current problem My current IP is WIC New Zealand and doesn t have ethernet ports on modem Laptop specs WIndows -bit Home premium Service pack Toshiba Processor Intel Core i - CPU GHz GHz Ram GB Thats the basic information If you need anything else please let me know Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop unable to connect to online game servers

hi bunny 15405 welcome to TS
just quick idea here yhu dont have a firewall blocking the connections to their servers to yhu?

James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-unable-to-connect-to-online-game-servers.174944/
Relevancy 19.35%

I just started getting this error today. I thought it was due to some malware I had gotten but the malware forum tech support said everything looks fine. I get this message right as my VPN is about to authenticate. Can anyone help? This is driving me up the wall!

A:Cisco VPN AnyConnect issue: The VPN client was unable to setup IP filtering

What PC hardware are you working with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cisco-vpn-anyconnect-issue-the-vpn-client-was-unable-to-setup-ip-filtering.174986/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all I have installed the HP photosmart B a wireless printer onto my Asus laptop I run windows professional After installing the printer it seems to have saved to a z drive This is what it says when I try to open it from my computer z refers to a location that is unavailable It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network Check to make sure the disc is properly inserted or that you are connected to laptop Asus b110a to wireless from Photosmart to scan Unable the internet or your network connection and then try again If it still cannot Unable to scan from wireless Photosmart b110a to Asus laptop be located the information might have been moved to a different location I did Unable to scan from wireless Photosmart b110a to Asus laptop not load the printer using a disc this was done online It is wireless and I have a belkin router I can print document and pictures to the printer but unable to scan from printer to laptop The message I get on the printer screen is Try scan from computer or see documentation I am very confused so thanks for any help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-scan-from-wireless-photosmart-b110a-to-asus-laptop.174987/
Relevancy 19.78%

HI
Two Linysy cisco router of same network 192.168.128.1 and 100 are given and the sever 08 has 128 network .the problem is if one router is off the another router is pinging..like tat it was pinging simultaneously.
the router is Not communicating at the same time to the two routers.Its communicating simultaneously
pleas help regarding this issue tat the server must be communicate to the both router at the same time
thank you

A:Two Linksys Cisco routers unable to communicate with server

this issue tat the server must be communicate to the both router at the same timeClick to expand...

hmm; as you express it, this is literally impossible.
There should only be one DHCP server on this lan. With the addresses you've provided, the server has only one connection to the router and thus it can literally read/write to one device at a time.

Code:

==== router#1
(128.1)
|
+ (128.08) Server
|
+ (128.100) router ===
I fear you are attempting to connect each router to an ISP and get twice the bandwidth;
usually it is wired like this

Code:

===router#1 ------ server ---- router#2 ===
the server would need two NIC cards, but this never works due to the routing tables.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-linksys-cisco-routers-unable-to-communicate-with-server.172024/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello everyone. I know there's probably been posts similar to mine, but I have not learned all I wanted from previous posts. Recently, my hard drive gave out on my XP computer. The issue seems to be that it will not be read as a master drive, but will run fine as a slave on my other XP computer. That being said, I can view the general program files, ect. on the drive when viewed with Explorer in my Computer, but cannot access my pictures and music and such. As mentioned in similar post, the same amount of usage is being reported, but not all of that data is viewable or present. How can I access my pictures and music? (I understand from other posts that it might have something to do with it being password protected if my previous computer installation of XP was password protected?)

A:Unable to view administrator files on slave drive

User Permissions

Its more down to user permissions, you dont have permission to access it, Personally i would take the hard drive and slip it in a computer with windows 7, then reset the permissions to whicherever user i want ( this is done by right clicking the drive/folder and changeing under the permissions tab)

God luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-view-administrator-files-on-slave-drive.171696/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all Thanks changing HDD Unable to after start in advance for everyone s help My computer have been plague with various problems in the last week No suddenly my main HDD was fried when computer starts POST can detect all my other HDDs Unable to start after changing HDD but not my main one I got this replaced with a new one both SATAs Unable to start after changing HDD After replacing the HDD i powered on my computer only to see that all of my HDDs are detected but the POST msg shows that my BIOS Clock is resetted and i need to either re configure or reset to default i chose to reconfigure went in BIOS before i can change anything computer hang i power off and on and then is unable to get the computer started Now when i press on my power switch the fans moves for a second and stops if i hold on to the power button the fans moves in intervals just like you are rev-ing a car vroom pause vroom pause vroom pause Things i tired removing all of my cards including Gfx card sound card and on same problem removing all ram and reseat them same problem removing CPU and on same problem reseat all cables and remove all sata cables same problem starting the computer using jumping the system using the pins instead of power button same problem Green light is still on when the PSU is plugged in to the board My guess is that not only my HDD was fried maybe the PSU or the Motherboard also died Anyone have any suggestions on what other steps i can take before taking it to a repair shop for diagnostic test Specs AMD Gigabyte board PSU watt true power x gb kingston ram nbsp

A:Unable to start after changing HDD

Nothing shows on the monitor at all? If so, try replacing the power supply first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-start-after-changing-hdd.169768/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi!

First of all, I dont know if this is the right spot to ask about hosting, but since Techspot has helped me with a lot of computer related problems, I thought Id give it a try...

Anyways, Im about to buy a hosting plan from Hostgator, but I want to use one account to host at least 3 different sites (top domains, like firstpage.com, secondpage.com and thirdpage.com). I know the reselling account would be the most effective, but I dont need to have a different cPanel for each user.

Can this be done with a Baby plan? Im going to buy domain names from another company, but I guess that doesnt matter. Im new to all this hosting stuff, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Hosting several sites on one account

that's all up to the hosting site policies - - don't hold your breath.

the Apache2 web server does this with <VirtualHost: ipaddress:80>
see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-several-sites-on-one-account.167782/
Relevancy 19.78%

I tried to change my network settings from WPA to to network find was certificate log you unable on to Windows to the a WEP last night and like an I screwed it up I only wanted to change it over temporarily so I could access the wireless network with another device that isn t compatible with WPA I ended up having to restore the Linksys router to Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network its default settings I then tried to recreate the settings it had before with WPA before I messed it up It was on WPA -Personal AES and I changed the network SSID and passwords back from default Very basic I didn t set the Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network router up myself originally though so there must be something I m missing I am able to connect via Ethernet cable but when I try going wireless on both Windows laptops one XP and one Vista I get a message saying quot Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network my SSID quot Most of the searches I ran on Google had people suggesting that I uncheck quot Enable IEEE x authentication quot in the laptop s wireless Authentication settings but that is already unchecked Besides shouldn t the fix have to do with something in the router settings since the wireless was working before I mucked around with the router The laptop settings remain unchanged from the when wireless used to work so they should be okay right I also tried setting the router up using Wi-Fi Protected Setup but after the bar loads to the end it says it was unable to connect Anyone have any suggestions Or need more info that might help solve my wireless problems nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-was-unable-to-find-a-certificate-to-log-you-on-to-the-network.166793/
Relevancy 17.2%

I need real help I had cable internet mbs installed last September in my one bedroom apartment Before that I was connecting to a spotty mbs network that was open next door with home network any to but Unable to can connect to other network their permission I was able to obtain fast and efficient internet access for about or months and then it became intermittent For the past months I have been unable to connect through my home cable modem router at all I have been to the cable company and they have tested the cable modem router and Unable to connect to home network but can to any other network the Unable to connect to home network but can to any other network signal which comes into the router and out at fast speeds I have been to the place where I bought my laptop purchased at Staples last summer Others can connect though my wifi but I cannot It connects but gives me a DNS error It doesn t matter whether I am hard wired or on wifi I am running Win Home Premium bit on a compaq CQ - NR Notebook with a Vision AMD Athlon II P Dual-Core processor ghz with GB ram GB usable It contains an Atheros AR b g n WiFi adapter Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Realtek High Definition Audio Built in pointing device mouse pad with a wireless mouse connected through USB port hard drive Hitachi HTS A A SATA Disk Device Apparently for some unknown reason my computer networking modules can connect to but won t or can t talk to the cable modem router supplied by my ISP Charter Communications but can access the internet though any other wifi service or hot spot without a problem - INCLUDING the very same ISP through other wifi spots in town They have tested and retested the cable modem router and have told me that without a doubt there is nothing wrong with the device even though normally I thought anyway a DNS error like this would be a server side error Please someone help me I am paying for this internet service and would love to use it If you require anymore information please ask and I will provide it for you I am sorry if this was covered in another post I searched and searched and was unable to find a post that adequately came close to the problem that I described above Sorry if I am so wordy HELP Regards to All William nbsp

A:Unable to connect to home network but can to any other network

Connect the system to your network and then
please get a command prompt (Start->RUN->CMD) and enter ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt
follow-up with the attachment myTcp.txt which will be in the directory shown in the CMD prompt window.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-home-network-but-can-to-any-other-network.164932/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am unable to write any words to my computers browsers in fact I cannot enter my password to enter windows xp professional. What do I do to enter my writing into my browsers and have my computer accept my password?

Thanks.

A:Unable to write to my browsers

I apoligize

The reason I could not write is because my keyboard was unplugged.

Sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-write-to-my-browsers.163741/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with vista and every time i try to play a song from my external hdd i get an error message that says "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set associations control panel.

A:Unable to play music from external HDD

This is the normal instruction for setting up a file association.

1. Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, typing "default programs" and then clicking Default Programs in the pop up list.
2. Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
This opens a list of extensions.
3. Choose the extension of the files that you wish to open then click on change program button.
4. Select the program you wish to associate the file with and click Ok.

If you have already done this try right clicking on the file and selecting open with then choose the player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-play-music-from-external-hdd.162582/
Relevancy 21.07%

We host a domain 'nabina.com' with brinkster.com and use the same to provide us with emails to all our staff. The 'Servie Provider' provides facility to capture the incoming emails to another account. My concern is the email that our staff send from the individual Pc's in the workgroup/domain which I need to monitor and filter anly selected email. I would like to mention an example the emails that our sales staff send to suppliers must be blocked while to the cutomers should be allowed. Additional features to the device is welcome.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-filtering.162499/
Relevancy 19.35%

The old hard drive completely failed to the point that I am unable to recover any data on it. So I put in a new hard drive and went to reinstall Vista and got the lovely error about needing to load a driver for the hard drive. I've tried every Vista driver listed and it won't load the driver for the hard drive. I flashed the BIOS, still no luck. The BIOS does not offer any options to change the settings on how to read the hard drive.

Any suggestions on what else I could try?

A:HP Pavilion dv6911om - unable to install Vista on new hard drive

Somewhere in your bios there will be a setting to select which mode the hard drive is running in. You may well have a SATA drive which Vista should have drivers for but in this case you need to set the hard drive to run in IDE mode then it should install. After installation load all the mobo drivers which should then allow you to set the HD back to sata/raid operation which is much faster.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv6911om-unable-to-install-vista-on-new-hard-drive.161850/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi there,

HELP! I did read the Flash drive recovery post and it's not looking good for me but would like some input if anyone can help....

The issue: Using a 8gb USB flash drive and I'm unable to access the files. I am able to see it as a removable device - however the name is now "removable device" as opposed to the actual name - I can see in the properties the storage capacity and what is left - but it says "this folder is empty"?

Did I somehow screw this thing up? Is there a way to get my files back?

I get the same result when I plug it into any computer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
z

A:Can see flash drive, but unable to access

u can try using this utuility to format the drive.

HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - v2.1.8

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-see-flash-drive-but-unable-to-access.160477/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi

I am having issues with accessing my Harddrive .Its giving error Unable to access Eue to incorrect parameter
I have already run chkdsk but it did not solve the problem..same error

I have windows xp.Need data from the drive urgently(pdfs and docs)

Please help and guide

Thanks in advance
Sushree

A:Unable to access hard drive

Check the HDD operation mode from BIOS setup

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-hard-drive.158202/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello everyone I am looking for some help disabling the onboard video on my emachines T so that I may install a PCI-E video card I have seen several similar posts to mine on here already and I have already tried many of the suggestions that I found unfortunately none of them worked I am hoping the impressive knowledge base on here can help me out Here s what I have The new card ATI sapphire HD PCI-express card I also bought a new watt power supply to ensure that wasn t the problem Simply installing the card did not work no video from the PCIE card and no video from onboard video while the new card was in place Disabled the ATI display in hardware manager -- still did not work Uninstalled ATI drivers in Add Remove Programs -- still did not work Went into BIOS and there is no specific setting to disable onboard video The best I could find was setting the video signal preference which I then changed to quot PCI-E quot -- still did not work Those were all of the possible solutions that I was able to find online I cannot install the card and then reinstall windows because I cannot get any video output from PCIE or onboard while the PCIE card is installed I m a bit Unable to disable 200 ATI Xpress onboard video eMachines/ frustrated that I spent money on the card and also on a new power supply Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Unable to disable onboard video eMachines/ ATI Xpress 200

We will need to know the model of the e machine so we can find the motherboard make and model so we then find a manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-disable-onboard-video-emachines-ati-xpress-200.157966/
Relevancy 19.78%

okay I hope im posting this in the right place sorry if I didn't. okay I have an hp presario desktop 2004 and i a unable to use the internet because my ipadress has disappeared i have tried turning off everything restarting new cables and everything ipconfig/release renew restore and nothing it won't show up and when i tried the releas it says that it has been released but theres nothing there with the renew it says unable to connect to the RPC driver. I have a cable connection so it's just a modem no router and i just use and ethernet cable to connect to the internet they are all working fine called cable company and they were unable to help either sais it must have something to do with the compter. so if there is anyone who can help please do i am desperate here....

A:Limited no connectivity unable to renew IP address

You have a computer that appears to be sic years old... after six years, several components are often damaged... especially the hard drive.
Do you have the software to format and install a new hard drive?
What is your configuration...
And HP Presario should be a Compaq Presario... I would borrow a computer to download all the drivers, or get somebody to download them for you. If you don't have install disks, you can buy them from HP via a phone call... if they have any left.
When is the last time your computer worked properly and what happened to apparently make it stop working properly.
Do you have a friend who is tech smart to help you take a look at the computer and its components?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-no-connectivity-unable-to-renew-ip-address.156056/
Relevancy 20.21%

I just had to format my hardrive and reinstall Windows XP.

Now I am trying to connect to the internet via my already establisched Cable -> Router -> PC network but no matter what I try the 'Wizard' doesn't seem to do what I need.

I obviously have a connection at the cable modem and router since I was able to use the other PC in my house to post this.

The PC I just formatted IS connected exactly the same way it was before I reinstalled XP (with a hard line directly to the router).

I am frustrated that this is so non-intuitive.

Can someone PLEASE walk me through getting the PC to be able to connect to the internet again.

A:Unable to connect to internet/network

Is the network driver installed for your network card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-internet-network.155831/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have been using my WD External drive mybook as they call it with Ubuntu until now recently connected it External Ubuntu 1TB Windows / drive mount to location - WD and Unable to my laptop running windows vista I know it sucks but I Unable to mount location - 1TB WD External drive / Windows and Ubuntu just got this laptop and using it instead of my tower to save power and just run the laptop x pretty much and the tower when I need it and during the day I keep it on but anyway s I copied a lot of files over to the external drive disconnected it and pluged it back over to my laptop running windows and none of the files were shown the files I just copied but the other stuff is still on it I get this message when reconnecting it to Ubuntu when trying to use it Error mounting mount exited with exit code MFTMirr does not match MFT record Failed to mount dev sdb Input output error NTFS is either inconsistent or there is a hardware fault or it s a SoftRAID FakeRAID hardware In the first case run chkdsk f on Windows then reboot into Windows twice The usage of the f parameter is very important If the device is a SoftRAID FakeRAID then first activate it and mount a different device under the dev mapper directory e g dev mapper nvidia eahaabcc Please see the dmraid documentation for more details Click to expand Have I damaged the drive I hope not and hope to fix this problem to run on both OS nbsp

A:Unable to mount location - 1TB WD External drive / Windows and Ubuntu

you need to run CHKDSK /f from a windows command prompt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-mount-location-1tb-wd-external-drive-windows-and-ubuntu.146693/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hopefully IT on campus here will get around to answering my questions eventually, but in the mean time i thought i'd try to figure this out myself.

About two weeks ago i started having problems connecting to the homepage of my school. I live on campus, and use the school's network. This is the only page that i cannot access. I can get to any other site with no problems, but this one times out every time. I cannot successfuly ping the site from my computer or from online ping sites, but i can access the site on other computers, and no one else is having any problems with it.

The page is my.ccuniversity.edu

A:Unable to access homepage of my campus network

Also, if i ping the site or use tracert, i either get a message that it has timed out, or that 10.10.41.1 reports that the destination net is unreachable. I think this is something weird with the campus network. I cannot ping anything successfully, or run a successful trace to any site.

I can access the page through ninjaproxy.

I cannot access by using a different DNS like open DNS

My IVP6 connectivity says No Internet access in the network and sharing center - I don't know if this is relevant or not.

and this is what i get with ipconfig

C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : BrianCarrigg-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : cincybible.priv

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection 4:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-81-00-02-50
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : cincybible.priv
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8071 PCI-E Gigabit Ether
net Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-22-68-66-44-BB
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::5d07:f025:6c28:8664%12(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.41.61(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, October 25, 2010 10:52:41 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:53:36 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.41.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.20.6
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 268444264
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-13-4B-BB-2E-00-22-68-66-44-BB

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.20.125
Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 10.10.20.6
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek 8185 Extensible 802.11b/g Wireles
s Device
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-06-4F-7E-A6-CD

Tunnel adapter isatap.{5B07933A-BBD3-4DF0-A417-B2C791BD0867}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.cincybible.priv:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-homepage-of-my-campus-network.155505/
Relevancy 20.21%

My daughter's laptop has previously been able to connect to the internet via our Belkin router. For the past few days she has tried to accesss the internet and has been unable to connect. We tried to reinstall the router on her laptop but still no luck. Do you know what could be the problem?

A:Laptop unable to connect to Internet

Check in Device Manager under Network Adapters for any yellow or red marks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-unable-to-connect-to-internet.155154/
Relevancy 20.21%

i was connected to a hotel network which functioned perfectly well until yesterday afternoon I could only get quot local only quot access using both the ethernet connection and the wireless connection and the network was unidentified after much googling i tried reseting the tcp ip flushdns reset winsock removed all saved networks and wireless networks using the ethernet cable i am unable to connect to the router at all getting the x x x ip i tested the connection using a live linux cd and the connection was stuck at quot obtaining ip address quot when i try to ping the router i get the message quot ping transmit failed error code quot internet connect to the Unable to using wireless lan i managed to connect to the router but the connection is hgihly unstable dropping back to quot local access only quot intermittently Unable to connect to the internet when i ping the router i get extremely high packet loss of upwards of with the message quot destination host unreachable quot most of the time i m running windows vista home basic and the linux system i tested with was backtrack is this a problem with the hotel s router or my computer s connectivity this problem is only present on my computer which is a dell inspiron all other computers and even my cellphone can connect to the hotel s network without any problems nbsp

A:Unable to connect to the internet

Even though this might not be of any help in solving the problem itself, but obviously there seems to be a problem with your computer, and not the hotel's network. If all the other computers and even your celluar phone could connect to the Internet, then the problem can be pretty much isolated to your computer alone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-the-internet.151599/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi,

Just installed a new HDD, and am trying to boot up Windows 7 from an external HDD. Upon powering up the machine, I changed the boot option to 'USB drive' and normally this would work as it has in the past, but now all I'm getting is a blinking cursor/underscore and nothing ever happens.

I used PowerISO to extract the files onto my external, and the icon changes to confirm that it does in fact work..
I am wondering if I need to change something around in the BIOS or if it has something to do with the external's formatting (FAT32)

Anyone know what could be wrong?

A:Fresh HDD installed, unable to install OS

Windows 7 installation

You will need to format your drive for Windows 7, in NTFS. The system will look at the first device in the 'Boot sequence' or 'Boot order' in your BIOS, so you need to arrange the order to suit what you want to boot from. The system will look at the first in the list, and if nothing bootable is there, it goes down to the next one on the list. My normal order of Boot devices is; CD/DVD, Onboard SATA.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-hdd-installed-unable-to-install-os.153517/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have someone who is experiencing random connection problems on the clients such as slow or no connections to mapped network shares. Event id 10009 keeps being recorded in the domain controller logs.

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer MARK-PC.pmc.local using any of the configured protocols.

It has a range of different computer names within the same events. As far as DCOM is configured it's only setup to use TCP-IP.

Server - Windows Server 2008 Standard FE
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Clients:
24 XP Pro
2 Vista Pro
2 Vista Home (should they be using home in an environment like this?)

I have attached the last 256 logs from Application & System as of yesterday evening at around 5pm'ish. I've checked again this morning and looks like the same error has already been re-occurring.

Can anyone give me any suggestion as to where to go with this?

Thanks.

A:Event ID: 10009 DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <computer name>

Extra Info

Sorry I forgot to also mention that the server is acting as a DHCP server and that there router has had DHCP disabled. Client PC'S are set to local static IP'S and are not actually set to obtain if this has any variance.

Thanks, David

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-id-10009-dcom-was-unable-to-communicate-with-the-computer-computer-name.147932/
Relevancy 19.78%

i created a bootable usb flash drive for dell diagnostics using my 4gb pendrive. after creation the size reduced to 1.96 gb. it was mentioned that after reformating the size will be back to normal. but even after reformatting nothin happened. can anyone plz tell me how to get back my initial capacity of 4 gb

A:Unable to get back my original pen drive capacity

if you have already reformatted (ie deleted the bootable info), then
get the Disk Manager
delete the partition(s)
add ONE partition
then reformat

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-get-back-my-original-pen-drive-capacity.151866/
Relevancy 20.21%

I just updated my graphics driver and now I get message saying "World of Warcraft was unable to start up 3D acceleration."
My graphics card is:
NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS
Vista 32-bit OS

A:Unable to startup 3D acceleration

Please uninstall your currently installed nVidia drivers, then download Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro.

Reboot your system, and re-install the latest WHQL nVidia drivers. Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-startup-3d-acceleration.150341/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi, yesterday I tried to connect to a hotspot wifi and noticed that the icon on the taskbar is not visible.

So i tried going to my network connections and didn't find the LAN or Wireless Network connection that I usually configure whenever i try to connect to other network.

So I went to device manager and saw this annoying exclamation sign over my hardware. attached is a screenie. What do you say I should do?

A:Networking problem on my XP (unable to connect internet)

Those icons indicate you have a driver problem for the devices.. tho it's odd that you suddenly have a driver problem for both yur wired AND wireless suddenly

I think best next step is to uninstall / reinstall the devices.

I'd first look in Add/Remove Programs to see if any LAN or WLAN entries are found and uninstall them. Then uninstall from DevMgr.
> Intel Pro / 100 VE Net Connection and
> Intel 3945ABG Net Connection
Then try reinstalling the drivers from HP's web site should have them there for you to download

fyi... is a bit troubling wired and wireless and even your 1394 device show an error.. is possible there is a bigger problem.. but suggest you first try the uninstall/reinstall per above

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-problem-on-my-xp-unable-to-connect-internet.148536/
Relevancy 19.35%

I own a sony vaio vgn-nrs31z/s running windows vista home premium. The dvd drive was working properly during the first few weeks since I owned the laptop. After a while it slowly started performing poorly. At first it couldn't write an audio cd properly and after a while it couldn't read most of the dvds. I tried unistalling drivers and rebooting. System restored the drivers but it didn't work. I ran microsoft fix it center, didn't do the trick either. Are there any suggestions. I 'd appreciate any help.
Thanx in advance

A:Matshita DVD-RAM UJ870QJ ATA device unable to read or write media

Are you saying you've only owned and used the drive a few weeks?

See if this might apply CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/matshita-dvd-ram-uj870qj-ata-device-unable-to-read-or-write-media.147744/
Relevancy 20.64%

Right ok, I have a probably simple request, but its baffling me. I need to have my iPod and PC download emails. But I need it so that, if i delete an email of my iPod, it isn't there on my PC, and vice versa. But I need it too so that if I download the emails to my iPod, I can still access them on my PC.

I'm using a firefox extension called SimpleMail, that has options for POP3 and IMAP, and is useful and quick compared to thunderbird for me.

I've tried it, but just can't figure it out! A detailed step-by-step guide, would be HUGELY appreciated. Probably put this in the wrong section too, but its the best I could think off.

A:Email setup help needed, for iPod and PC!

Basicaly any email account with IMAP would be able to do that: Gmail, MobileMe & even Yahoo! offer such services.

Emails are available on all the machines using the IMAP account & even your replies are copied over to all the machines so you can still access them from another machine than the one where you wrote them from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-setup-help-needed-for-ipod-and-pc.146334/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello I have a Dell Latitude d notebook The Hard drive it came with was Toshiba sata gb One day it just failed Turn do Install to Unable a fresh XP of the computer back on and it says no boot sector on internal hard drive I brought a new drive A Western digital SATA gb and i get the same message I Unable to do a fresh Install of XP check the Bios and it clear identify the hard drive I ran I through many different hard drive management programs including one from western Digital All of them identify the drive and say it is healthy I use Partition Magic to format the drive Set it as active When I go to install xp it says No boot sector on internal Hard drive Th cd would run and says setup is inspecting hardware for configuration screen goes black and that is it No blue screen Saying Windows Setup nothing It would freeze on the black Unable to do a fresh Install of XP screen is there any way to fix this I have been at it now for almost a month Help please Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Unable to do a fresh Install of XP

Look in the BIOS to see if you have the option of setting the SATA controller to IDE mode. If so, Windows should proceed with Setup. If you don't have that option, you will have to install SATA drivers at the F6 prompt but that requires a floppy drive. If you don't have an internal floppy drive or and external floppy, you can make a slipstream Windows CD. Google for the process.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-do-a-fresh-install-of-xp.142999/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello all,

I have recently formatted my laptop because it didn't work properly anymore.
Now that it's working again, I find myself unable to connect to my wireless network.
I believe I should only have to enter my SSID code and network key while trying to access my connection.
This doesn't work.
When I try to repair the connection it hangs at connecting to wireless network.
Anybody have an idea what's wrong?

Thanks in advance

A:Unable to connect to wireless network

Did you install the wireless adapter drivers?
Look in device manager to see if there are any Yellow Marks indicating missing drivers.
You should be able to get your drivers from the maker of the laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.142758/
Relevancy 20.21%

I tried running Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on my laptop a couple hours ago and I was in the middle of reducing the video settings when the screen went crazy with purple triangles and green dots and the works. My computer met the system requirements. The computer wasn't frozen, I could hear noises responding to mouse movement. When I restarted, everything was good until after the "Starting Windows" screen went away all I got was eternal blackness. I tried all the options in the Windows Startup Repair including System Restore with no avail. I can boot the computer in safe mode. I tried running BIOS diagnostics and it didn't find any problems.

Any ideas?

A:Windows 7 Machine Unable to Boot

It could be one of two things I believe.

1) A corrupted graphics driver. This would explain how you got into safemode ok. Safemode uses the built in Windows graphics drivers, not the Nvidia or ATI drivers.

2) You corrupted your Windows install, but somehow got into safemode. This would explain why a system restore did nothing.

What I would do is try going into safemode and updating your graphics drivers. I know Windows 7 does a lot of the work, but sometimes the automatic stuff it does isn't thorough enough. It'll only do what's good enough not what would be perfect.

You need to find the graphics card you have, and download the new drivers from the manufacturer's website. If this solves everything, great! If not...step 2.

Reformat. If you've somehow managed to corrupt your install to the point where it isn't bootable or reparable, then you're kind of screwed. If you can access vital info in safemode, save it any way you can. External drives, USB Flash cards, burn stuff onto discs, email all important email and other documents and stuff to yourself so it's in your inbox when you're all set up again...etcetera.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-machine-unable-to-boot.141344/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all, I was looking for information on why windows won't start in safe mode and happend on a post from this site (thread closed though). After reading it, I attempted to follow the instrutions givin about using recovery console. After entering "fixmbr" I recieved a caution message that this could potentually damage the partion and render all partitions inaccessable. "fixboot says it will rewrite a new boot sector. My question is should I continue with "fixmbr" and 'fixboot"? and will this reformat the HDD?
I'm trying despratly NOT to reformat and lose all my info on this HDD.

(long story as to how and why I'm at the point I am)

can anyone help???

A:Unable to start in safe mode

First, see Troubleshoot: Windows Won't Recognize Your USB Hard Drive

As to fixing your hard drive... when you say it won't boot into safe mode are you saying the computer fails to boot? or just where during the boot into safe mode process does it fail?

As fixmbr only makes sense if disk failing on bootup.

Fixmbr only rewrites the Master Boot Record. (Corrupt MBRs are often the reason a disk won't boot up). Rewriting the MBR doesn't overwrite your data. (but is still wise to back it all up first)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-start-in-safe-mode.140856/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello,

About a week ago at my parents house, my wireless internet stopped working. The status says "limited or no connectivity" and when I attempt to repair the network it tells me "unable to renew ip address."

At first I thought maybe there was a problem with the home router, but the internet on the other computers in the house were working fine. Then I came back to my house and its the same thing: the internet on all of my roommate's computers is working fine, but mine is still having thte same problem.

Can anyone help?

A:Wireless network connection status: limited or no connectivity/Unable to renew IP add

your LAN card must be death

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-status-limited-or-no-connectivity-unable-to-renew-ip-add.140740/
Relevancy 19.78%

I just assembled a Pentium 4 rig with ASUS mobo P4S800D-X and apparently I am having internet connection issue with wired connection. I am connecting through a router and all internet connection are test to work fine with my other computer. I was able to connect wirelessly using a USB internet adapter. It is just the wired connection that is not functioning. I have consulted with ASUS tech support and at first they told me to uninstall the network adapter and reinstall and still problem not solved. Then they said could be a TCP/IP stack issue so they told me to download the SP3 and still issue not resolved.

Does anyone have any issue similar to this that can help me figure out this weird problem?? Thanks.

A:Unable to acquire network address with wired connection

I would first try updating the driver for your network card, and then try a different card altogether.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-acquire-network-address-with-wired-connection.140502/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hey Guys I have a question to ask and see if you can tell me what my problem is I have an Acer Aspire AM -B Unable disk to boot from A GHz BE- AMD Athlon x Dual Core Processor GB RAM GB SATA HD decided to pefform a complete system wipe before loading new windows xp onto computer but after wiping everythings screwing up i cant load windows onto it for one when i chose a partition Unable to boot from disk to load it onto there are none the box is simply blank i cant create a new partition it Unable to boot from disk dosnt work If i peform chkdsk or chkdsk r it promptly informs me i have one or more quot unrecoverable quot problems hmm that sounds fun and if i do try to boot from my windows xp disk i get through windows setup and to the quot enter continue r repair F quit quot wen i chose continue it gewtsa me to the license agreement page where Unable to boot from disk i f to accept now onto the list of partitions page but oh no there r no partitions availible and it states there is no disk in this drive if i hit enter anyway the setup fails right after mb disk at id on bus on atapi lt setup cannot acess this disk gt unknown disk lt there is no disk in this drive gt unknown disk repeat and etc nbsp

A:Unable to boot from disk

It's because of the SATA hard drive. Windows isn't recognizing it because it doesn't have the correct driver which is common. If your BIOS will allow you to switch the SATA/RAID controller to IDE mode instead of SATA/AHCI or RAID, that should allow Windows Setup to recognize the SATA hard drive and then the installation of Windows should continue without further problems.

If not, you will need to install the SATA/RAID drivers at the F6 prompt at the beginning of Windows Setup. Of course, you will need a floppy drive for this to work. The alternative to this is to make a slipstream CD that combines the needed drivers with the WIndows CD. Google for the procedure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-boot-from-disk.140495/
Relevancy 20.21%

Greetings TechSpot I m back with more questions ok new PC new issue This gem is an old PC Want boot PC wipe to from disk / unable to that is still worth saving however the previous owner did not have Want to wipe PC / unable to boot from disk legit software etc I found this out AFTER I attempted to authenticate the version of windows XP and attempt to upgrade to SP which made the machine all sorts of buggy and wrecked the registry Anyhow long story short I have a legit copy of windows XP and I would like to simply start from scratch I attempted to boot from disk but when prompted to quot hit any key quot the PC just ignores my command I also tried going into the BIOS and the PC ignored my command It s almost as if the keyboard isn t loading in time I m wondering how I can go about manually deleting windows etc I m not savvy enough to know my way around DOS with the del command I need to be able to boot from the CD or else I m dead in the water aren t I nbsp

A:Want to wipe PC / unable to boot from disk

Are you using a USB keyboard? If so, it might not be supported by the older motherboard BIOS. Switch to a PS/2 keyboard if you have access to one. After Windows is installed you can switch back to the USB keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-wipe-pc-unable-to-boot-from-disk.140099/
Relevancy 19.78%

Probably the same issue as this because if you see at the bottom of that topic it describes GT Vista-32-bit, to 8500 start-up Nvidia & unable the Nvidia 8500 GT & Vista-32-bit, unable to start-up blue screen and the memory error I get that too but on start-up the only way I can get this desktop to work is to run it in safe mode or restore back to before I did anything and still had the disabled topic html it didn t let me post the actual link but there s the ending bit I ve had this problem for about a month now and I ve tried updating drivers with newer drivers I ve tried the drivers from the CD Which worked out to be a total disaster in which it made it worse for some reason the basic drivers that I started out with but none of that worked I tried everything in the other topic that was suggested as well but still nothing worked It would be much appreciated if anyone even knew remotely what s wrong or has some kind of solution nbsp

A:Nvidia 8500 GT & Vista-32-bit, unable to start-up

Sounds like a Faulty Card to me. Send it back to the Manufacterer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-8500-gt-vista-32-bit-unable-to-start-up.138695/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

What happen to my rapidshare premium account... almost 5 days, download is very slow...15kbps and finally gone... Normally, i got 212kbps.

A:Rapidshare Premium Account

Tell us more. What is a Rapidshare Premium Account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rapidshare-premium-account.138275/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am trying to map a network drive with an address like this:

https://folders.beths.bexley.sch.uk/easylink/wf.bgs-sr-003.s/03/B/XXX-XXXXClick to expand...

It's basically a folder on the school network, I can access this folder and view its contents perfectly fine through an internet browser, but when I try to map a network drive to it, it doesn't work, I keep getting errors like this:

A device attached to the system is not functioningClick to expand...

Why do I keep getting this message? And why am I able to access that folder through a browser but not through windows? I am using Windows 7 btw.

Any help much appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-map-a-network-drive.138237/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-not-connected-in-microsoft-exchange-server.137647/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a customers computer I am about to do a reformat on. Naturally I need to back up mainly their pictures, but preferrably the entire 'my documents' folder. What I am running into is an error box saying 'cannot copy'. I am thinking there is some sort of protection on the drive, but am unaware of how to find this out. Any suggestions?

A:Unable to copy folder from hard drive

Which version of Windows are you running? And what exactly is the error message.

It might just be a matter of access permissions. Are you logged on to an account with Admin rights?

You can try
1) Taking ownership of accounts/modifying permissions (see here)
2) Or just boot into Knoppix (an alternate operating system) and then copy the files See How to recover your folders/files when Windows won?t boot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-copy-folder-from-hard-drive.137060/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi folks,

I recently encountered a security problem on my miniPC and had to re-install Windows XP. To do that I followed the instructions as on http://www.liliputing.com/2008/04/install-windows-xp-on-mini-note-usb.html. However, the author of this note says in #5 of the "Installing XP on the Mini-Note"-section that you should delete all of the partitions on the hard drive. This is something I cannot do since there is essential data on the D-drive ! So I didn't erase the D-partition and, like the author foresaw, the PC returned a "Hal.dll missing" error. I understand this is because I didn't erase all partitions on my hard disk. My question is therefore: is there a way to install XP WITHOUT erasing the D-drive ? If not, how can I salvage the data from the D-drive prior to rebooting it ?
As always, I appreciate any help !

Erwin
Belgium

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-windows-xp-on-my-minipc-without-erasing-all-partitions.136562/
Relevancy 20.21%

Operating System Version win xp Problem Application Name amp Version Problem Hardware Make amp Model asus p sgx mx Error MessagesRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I am unable to play any games in my computer While playing games eg quot THE HULK quot my computer returns to the desktop suddenly closing the game or a blue screen appears indicating that quot DRIVER IRQL computer any to my in games Unable play NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot and the computer shuts down when the memory dump count in the blue screen reaches The screen also indicates to check the memory Somebody kindly suggest a solution for this problem The system information is given below Processor Pentium Ghz Motherboard ASUS P SGX-MX sis chipset Ram MB Operating system Windows XP Directx version if higher version of the direct x is installed then in the display tool after running dxdiag I find the message quot Hardware accelarated direct d is not available contact your hardware manufacturer quot I am also attaching a directx file along with this posting Kindly reply and help me out THANK YOU nbsp

A:Unable to play any games in my computer

Are you using an on-board graphics? Try to update your driver first. Use the driver CD included with your PC if you have it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-play-any-games-in-my-computer.136194/
Relevancy 19.78%

hii everyone i m in a great problem one day as usual wen i start my computer and start playng counter strike on it game suddenly gets off and desktop screen appears When i try again for it my computer hangs for a while den a blue screen appears on it for a sec and then computer restart when i check dxdiag it was written quot Hardware accelerated Direct D is not available because the display driver does not support it You may be able to get a newer driver from the hardware manufacturer quot my computer details are ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Unable strike 1.6 play problem because of to counter D3D Machine name AMAN Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer n a System Model n a BIOS Award Medallion BIOS v Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Unable to play counter strike 1.6 because of D3D problem Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Unable to play counter strike 1.6 because of D3D problem Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab Hardware-accelerated Direct D is not available because the display driver does not support it You may be able to get a newer driver from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name SiS M Manufacturer SiS Chip type SiS Rev DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name SiSGRV dll Driver Version English DDI Version Driver Attributes Final Debug Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD sisgrp sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B ED - - CF-F B- A A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel ModeMPEG D ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG A Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run -------------- System Devices -------------- Name Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Device ID PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS EC amp REV amp AAA amp amp Driver C WINDOWS system DRIVERS Rtnicxp sys English bytes Name SiS Audio Driver Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A amp AAA amp amp Driver n a Name SiS PCI to USB Open Host Controller Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS A amp REV amp AAA amp amp Driver C WINDOWS system drivers usbohci sys English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system drivers usbport sys English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system usbui dll English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system drivers usbhub sys English bytes Name SiS PCI to USB Open Host Controller Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS A amp REV amp AAA amp amp Driver C WINDOWS system drivers usbohci sys English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system drivers usbport sys English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system usbui dll English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system drivers usbhub sys English bytes Name SiS M Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp EC amp amp Driver C WINDOWS system DRIVERS sisgrp sys English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system sisgrv dll English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system sis bin bytes Driver C WINDOWS system sis bin bytes Driver C WINDOWS system sisgl dll English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system instFunc dll English bytes Driver C WINDOWS system SiSApCom dll Chinese bytes Driver C WINDOWS system SiSParse dll Chinese bytes Driver C WINDOWS system SiSInst dll Chinese bytes Name SiS PCI IDE Controller Device ID... Read more

A:Unable to play counter strike 1.6 because of D3D problem

You have very little system memory (512MB shared)... You are running on-board video, you will need to install a good AGP video card, and up your system memory to at least 1GB

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-play-counter-strike-1-6-because-of-d3d-problem.136192/
Relevancy 37.41%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-loses-access-to-outlook-email-after-being-joined-to-domain.134427/
Relevancy 19.78%

I ve read a few forums online regarding this issue but have not found one that will resolve my problem I have an HP ze that will not connect to the internet I have tried wirelessly and can connect to my router with other devices so I know that is not the issue via ethernet and have even tried using my blackberry as a modem With both wireless and ethernet it says it s connected with limited or no connectivity When trying to repair it gives an error that it can t renew my IP address With the Blackberry thru Standard Modem it shows that it s connected but still no access to the internet I have to admit I m not that tech savvy but I do learn quickly and can comprehend well I ve already tried with the hep of a tech support rep Limited No Unable IP Connection - to or Renew Address most of the steps listed in the previous forum www techspot com vb all windows t- - Unable-to-renew-ip- Limited or No Connection - Unable to Renew IP Address address--limited-connectivity html remove spaces This includes checking Device Manager checking Network Connection properties checking Windows Log errors running Winsock don t remember exactly what but I just wrote in what the tech guy said and I know it had something to do with renew refresh and some other stuff as well as restarting after cancelling all the startups and system stuff in msconfig to make sure nothing was interfering and still get the same the one thing I haven t done is to uninstall and reinstall the driver but I m not sure if that would even help considering it s happening on the ethernet Realtek wireless broadband wlan and standard modem I also pulled up ipconfig all because that was suggested in another forum but not sure what to look for listed below is some of the stuff I noticed not sure if it has to do with anything IP routing not enabled Wins proxy not enabled Wireless Net Connection AutoConfig enabled default gateway is blank IP address physical address and subnet mask all listed Not sure if this makes a difference but I ve also tried connecting to my router s settings url and am unable to pull that page up also I m not sure if I ve tried a static IP or manually setting my IP address because I was doing a lot that the tech rep had me try could someone ellaborate on how I would do that so I could see if I have yet or not I was also thinking of just removing and reloading windows on it anyone think that will help Thanks a bunch Adi P S I have Windows XP home edition Service Pack nbsp

A:Limited or No Connection - Unable to Renew IP Address

Dweebit22 said:

P.S. I have Windows XP home edition, Service Pack 3Click to expand...

What is the security level of your router?
Many people claim they have issues trying to use WPA-PSK2 scurity with Windows XP, and WEP encryption is better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connection-unable-to-renew-ip-address.133080/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi,
I had this system which was working for a year, till now i had problem unable to make the monitor working.
It is a similar problem with this thread a year back,

techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-106632-Monitor-Fails-to-Boot.html

Basically, my cpu is able to boot into windows, ( by hearing the sounds and so on ),
however my monitor is in sleep mode.
I cant access anything right from dos since i cant see anything.

I had tried replace VGA cable and monitor, but it didnt work.
below is the spec of my computer.

19" samsung monitor
Winfast PX 7600 GT (used a DVI > VGA convertor )
AMD dual-core 64x2 3800+
ASUS board, forgot wad is the model. ( No integrated graphic port )
2 gig ram

Thanks
Alan

A:Unable to boot monitor at boot up

The video card may be bad. Swap it out with another to test

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-boot-monitor-at-boot-up.132163/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi I m new here and I hope that the people here could help system specs BFG NVIDIA nForce Ultra AMD x w zalman heatsink GB ram ddr x gb watt power supply v A v A v A - v A vsb A max combined load on v and v is W hard drives all on SATA gb gb gb dvd DL writer drive xfx nvidia geforce gt swapped with a bfg nvidia gtx creative x-fi sound card windows vista ultimate the problem is that my wife s computer is stalling in a sense when she starts up it loads bios most of the time then the monitor goes into power save mode this is all before windows starts and the keyboard has no response and the only out of it is restarting the computer but the cycle starts again just get past bios then the monitor goes in to power save mode again also sometimes when she is able to get fully in to windows it dose stay functional most of the time but there are some times that time) of Computer fully unable start to (most the the monitor goes Computer unable to start fully (most of the time) in to power save mode and there is no response from keyboard or mouse and Computer unable to start fully (most of the time) there are sometimes we go out for a bit - hours and it may or may not work after the computer goes into power save mode when it doesn t work the mouse and keyboard have no response what i mean by no response for the keyboard is pushing the num lock cap lock and scroll lock keys the lights on the keyboard do not change at all if it was on it says on if it was off it stays off my thoughts about it are that it could be one of things motherboard memory cpu things that have been tried so far swapping out the monitor swapping out the video card removing everything from the case piece by piece thoroughly cleaning each piece and putting all back together piece by piece replacing the bios battery swap power supply Edit after the s and things tried both at the same time the computer has had an up time of more then hours in a row and has successfully resumed after power save mode so i think if it happens again i will repost back here Edit after about days it finally started to do the same thing that it has before now on the th day it wont even get beyond the bios about to secs then it happens i did try to swapping the power supply and it still did the same thing the next thing on the list to do is clean the cpu and put new paste on it then if that dosent work i would swap out the cpu if that dosent work then take out memory module then swap with other if still not working then finally i know that it is the motherboard for some unknown reason as far as checking the hard drives i really dont think that that may be the problem since there is no noise and all drives show up when i can access the bios nbsp

A:Computer unable to start fully (most of the time)

This could be caused by a failing hard drive too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-unable-to-start-fully-most-of-the-time.128485/
Relevancy 20.21%

I installed an external drive and successfully copied data to it, but I can not make it boot. Also, the BIOS does not recognize the new drive. Do I need a special driver for thre external? Or is this a motherboard issue?

A:Unable to boot from external usb drive

If your motherboard (bios) is not able to boot off of a usb device then it won't whether it's a hard drive or a flash drive. The bios won't see it. The drive will only show up as an external usb device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-boot-from-external-usb-drive.127679/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello all! Thanks for reading this!

I am having some troubles with my wireless connection. First of all, it is not the router because another laptop running Mac OSX can connect to the internet just fine. I have tried renewing the connection, doing all the netsh things and still no luck. Here are my specs when I do an ipconfig/all.

DHCP is enabled
Autoconfig is enabled
IP Address is 169.254.133.75
Subnet Mask 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway 169.254.133.75

Please help me! If there is anything else you need to know just let me know.

A:Unable to conect to DHCP server

Hi

it sounds like the wireless connection isnt coming into play at all, the address you are getting is the one windows assigns when it cant find any DHCP servers and is set by the OS DHCP server.

are you using the windows software to connect to your wifi or are you using the cards own software..?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-conect-to-dhcp-server.127269/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi All please can anyone help me with a problem thats driving me nuts i have just done some upgrades to my pc it was throwing up a few errors and was generally pretty slow mobo to windows xp after reinstall Unable change i have installed a new mobo upgraded the RAM and the PSU i have used the existing CPU and heatsink fan cleaned and used new thermal paste and used my existing HDD i also reformatted my HDD so i could do a fresh install of windows xp to freshen things up used all the new cables etc that came with the mobo problem is now when i try boot up the pc and put the windows Unable to reinstall windows xp after mobo change xp disk in my drive Unable to reinstall windows xp after mobo change i get the BIOS splash screen and setup options boot pop up etc but the dvd drive with the disk spins up then goes to a black screen saying quot press cntrl alt del to restart quot During POST all the components are recognised and as i can get into BIOS setup and change settings tried all the usual suspects changing the boot order asking to boot from master DVDdrive with the boot popup etc all to no avail i have made sure that all the components are recognised within BIOS which they are everything CPU showing correct speed ghz HDD generic DVDdrives DDR ram showing correct amount gb its all there but like i say after POST and BIOS splash screen it goes straight to this black screen quot press cntrl yadayada please has anyone got any ideas how to get round this as i m completely stumped list of current hardware ASUS P KPL-AM mobo INTEL P ghz LGA CPU EZ COOL watt PSU ADATA pc mhz DDR dual channel RAM gb MAXTOR Diamondmax gb SATA HDD formatted blank ASUS mb PCI express graphic card Generic DVD drives x as far as i can see this is all compatible and should work well together nbsp

A:Unable to reinstall windows xp after mobo change

You will have to install a new operating system on it... old recovery disks won't work on it with a new motherboard, you need to buy (if you haven't already) a new OS disk, and then install it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-reinstall-windows-xp-after-mobo-change.126302/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a Buffalo Drive Station TB External Hard Drive I ve used it for three months w o having any issues w it until yesterday As usual I plugged it in my pc and waited for it to automatically run my os is an xp pro servicepk btw While i was waiting my I E Unable external access to hard drive froze and i got the blue screen of death After restarting my computer I tried plugging it in again and it will read but i Unable to access external hard drive just can t access it It shows up on the bottom right corner where i could safely remove it and when i open up my computer the icon appears as a normal drive it usually has its specific icon and name but i can t click in to it When i attempt to click it my computer goes in to a long lag I tried everything i could possibly think of unplugging the cables reinstalling the driver using different ports etc Any other ideas nbsp

A:Unable to access external hard drive

The Master Boot Record (MBR) may be corrupt. You may have to format the drive again, loosing any data on the drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-external-hard-drive.125783/
Relevancy 18.06%

My smartphone used to sync with the office Exchange Server, but I now want to sync my Outlook contacts with my home PC using standalone Outlook 2003. My PC runs XP SP2 and ActiveSync 4.5. Smartphone is Windows Mobile 6 Standard.

It looks as if I cannot sync Exchage Server contacts to standalone Outlook - if I try to switch to synching with Outlook it tells me the contacts on my phone will be deleted. Is there a safe way of diong this? I would rather retype all my contacts from the phone screen than risk losing them - I can no longer access my former office's Exchange Server.

Thanks for any help - Firepig

A:ActiveSync, Outlook and Exchange Server

Try updating XP to SP3 and check for other Microsoft Updates too, while you are at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/activesync-outlook-and-exchange-server.124634/
Relevancy 23.65%

i got windows xp pro i was missing around with computer management and did something now i cant log into my mind administrator account i try to reboot on safe mode i get the administrator name but i try to create a another accuont or change but i get a asses denied i try i to Ctrl Alt Delete and nothing i think i my have deleted something and messed everything up ..when i go to my user account from control panel i dont see a quest account or administrator all i see is that small picture off a bass guitar and its says administrator but under it says guest account i have no privilege for nothing . how can i change that guest under admintrator account ?

A:Administrator account problam

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Vista Repair:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winvista/index.htm (index page)
http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.com/repairstartup/repairstartup.htm (guide)

Or use UBCD to back up your data and re-install clean
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic123957.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/administrator-account-problam.124614/
Relevancy 19.35%

Guys, can you help me out, I got my omnibook to try to boot by network, but I can't figure out were to go from here. I don't know what images to put in the boot section (images) on the manager. I don't have a floppy drive in either pc. So I can't run 98 boot disk, or snag the files off of it. I do have the disk for 98se. But I am trying to load xp pro sp2 on this laptop. please help.

A:Argon boot manager: error: unable to read local media

I am needing to find the program to create a virtual floppy drive, or the installxp.img file, can anybody help me?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/argon-boot-manager-error-unable-to-read-local-media.124225/