Windows Support Forum

Which processors will my motherboard support?

Q: Which processors will my motherboard support?

Here's my mobo info:

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/3128/imagec.png

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Which processors will my motherboard support?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 83.42%

What processors will the motherboard of a HP p6653w support ? Is it worth upgrading?  I  Even with 16 GB of RAM, booting up takes about 10 minutes.  I have the AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor, which is not needed for this discussion but I added it for the sake of completeness

A:What processors will the motherboard of a HP p6653w support ...

Hi, Phenom II X6 1035T E0 2.6 GHz 3.1 GHz 6x 512 KB 6 MB 2 GHz 13x 0.975 - 1.425 95 W AM3Phenom II X6 1045T E0 2.7 GHz 3.2 GHz 6x 512 KB 6 MB 2 GHz 13.5x 0.975 - 1.425 95 W AM3Phenom II X6 1065T E0 2.9 GHz 3.4 GHz 6x 512 KB 6 MB 2 GHz 14.5x 1.0 - 1.475 95 W AM3Phenom II X4 805 C2 2.5 GHz 4x 512 KB 4 MB 2 GHz 12.5x 0.875 - 1.425 95 W AM3Phenom II X4 810 C2 2.6 GHz 4x 512 KB 4 MB 2 GHz 13x 0.875 - 1.425 95 W AM3Phenom II X4 820 C2 2.8 GHz 4x 512 KB 4 MB 2 GHz 14x 0.9 - 1.425 95 W AM3Phenom II X3 710 C2 2.6 GHz 3x 512 KB 6 MB 2 GHz 13x 0.875 - 1.325 95 W  Motherboard Specifications, N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix) Processor upgrade information Max TDP: 95WMotherboard supports the following processor upgrades: NOTE:Only Socket AM3 processors are supported with this motherboard.AMD Phenom II X6 10xxT Six-Core (Thuban core)AMD Phenom II X4 9xx/9xxe/8xx Quad-Core (Deneb core)AMD Phenom II X3 7xx/7xxe Triple-Core (Heka core)AMD Phenom II X2 5xx (Callisto core)AMD Athlon X4 6xx/6xxe (Propus)AMD Athlon X3 4xx/4xxe (Rana)AMD Athlon X2 2xx/2xxe (Regor)AMD Sempron Single Core 1xx (Sargas core)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/What-processors-will-the-motherboard-of-a-HP-p6653w-support/td-p/5730696
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys

I was wondering since using this awsome low budget board, i was wondering is it possible for it to support next gen 45nm processors? casue this board is listed as a capable 1333MHZ FSB. So assuming it can, can someone elaborate more on this?

Thanks.

A:P5N-E SLI support 45nm processors

1333Mhz FSB processors can be conroe or penryn (45nm) the E6x50 series coming out in july are xconroe 1333 processors.

The board may or may not support Penryn with a BIOS update.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/p5n-e-sli-support-45nm-processors.80661/
Relevancy 60.63%

Not really Driver related but couldn't think where else to post this quot Windows will be able to take advantage not only of faster CPUs but of multiple processors on a single chip The -bit edition of the operating system in particular will be able to support over Logical Processors per machine In this regard Microsoft underlined the need for software developers to adapt to over 64 Processors edition support Logical 64-bit their applications in accordance with the evolution of processor chips and that of the Windows operating system Essentially consistent gains in performance are synonymous with using parallel programming techniques in concordance with many-core processors This is where non-uniform memory access NUMA comes in The -bit versions of Windows and Windows Server R support more than Logical Processors LP on a single computer Phil Pennington Windows Server Technical Evangelism revealed New processors are now appearing that leverage non-uniform memory access NUMA architectures Within the near future a 64-bit edition to support over 64 Logical Processors system with CPU sockets processor-cores per socket and with Simultaneious Multi-Threading SMT enabled per core will achieve Logical Processors Many server-class solutions will need to be architected with NUMA awareness in order to achieve linear performance scaling on LP systems NUMA is a designed to allow a way around the limitations of the processor bus Because of its non-linear characteristics each processor is more intimately connected with its proximate memory rather than with all the memory available Unlike the Symmetric Multi-Processor SMP model in which processors are all on par when it comes down to memory and I O access NUMA allows for memory access optimization There is nothing the matter with NUMA machines with non-uniform memory access speeds of course other than the fact that they introduce complex hardware-specific programming models if you want to build applications that can harness their performance and capacity effectively What is decidedly new is the extent to which previously esoteric NUMA architecture machines are becoming mainstream building blocks for current and future application servers For the connected applications of the future our ability to build programming models that help server application developers deal with complex NUMA architecture performance considerations is the singular challenge of the many-core era Windows Performance Engineer Rick Vicik explained quot Windows Non-Uniform Memory Access Architectures - KezNews com

A:64-bit edition to support over 64 Logical Processors

Thanks Norm.

Just wondering how long it will take software vendors to take advantage of this. Many seem terribly slow to get 64 bit software out the door.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/1127-64-bit-edition-support-over-64-logical-processors.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I currently have a AMD Athlon in my computer but my X2 AMD's on Processors motherboard? I want to look into AMD s dual core processors but I have a couple of questions I ve read in a review that you may have to update your BIOS AMD says the Athlon X should fit into existing motherboards with only a BIOS update provided that the motherboard AMD's X2 Processors on my motherboard? can deliver enough power to drive a current nm Athlon processor Existing Socket CPU heat sink fan combos should be sufficient to cool an X as well As always you ll want to check with your motherboard maker before assuming your mobo will work with the new chip There are always exceptions Click to expand Source I have a DFI Lanparty UT NF SLI-DR Expert and a W Silverstone PSU will a X processor work on my motherboard or will I have to update flash my BIOS I have a Thermalright XP with FAN for my CPU it s at C F now Will that be enough nbsp

A:AMD's X2 Processors on my motherboard?

What does DFI say on their website for this motherboard model. If they are posting a new BIOS, you should probably install it anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amds-x2-processors-on-my-motherboard.70590/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello again tech guys do you mind if I pick your brains agian I am ATM in the process of upgrading my CPU or should I say I am in the process of choosing a CPU that will be compatible with my motherboard and WILL work correctly For your information my desktop pc is Compaq Presario SR UK Windows XP media Centre Motherboard is A M N NODUSM which is an ASUSTech AMD motherboard and my processors X2 made for HP AMD X2 processors and my motherboard board so doesnt show on ASUS website with AM socket BIOS Phoenix Tech I know there is an update for this although I havent sourced it yet processor is AMD Athlon GHz SOI is nm v watts unkown I am hoping to upgrade to an AMD X processor I scoured the AMD website ASUS website and HP and contacted HP support I decided that I wanted the AMD Athlon X Dual-Core but Alas it is no longer available but an alternative was offered to AMD X2 processors and my motherboard me and that was AMD Athlon X Dual-Core so back to the search for compatablity when I discovered AMD Athlon X Dual-Core for just more than the but with AMD X2 processors and my motherboard L cache as opposed tho being the highest for the At this point HP got back to me and said cut and paste quot Keith I would like to inform you that I have verified the product specifications of your PC and found that your PC was bundled with Athlon O GHz processor with MT s and Socket AM and the maximum approved processor for your PC is Athlon X up to Your PC motherboard can also supports AMD Athlon AMD Sempron and Athlon X processors for socket AM quot So now I am wondering why the highest approved processor is when comparing the following CPUs the differences appear so similar MHz F revision soi L cache w MHz F revision soi L cache w MHz F revision soi L cache w I ask because I would like to understand why the may not be compatible with the motherboard even though it has the same CPU speed as the and the same cache size as the which was my first choice processor but as I said before unfortunately has become unavailable how important is cache size over CPU speed anyway and what would you miss the most GHz or KB L cache It would be nice to get some clarification about this and thank you at this point for taking the time to read my questions I did have a question about the Silicone on Insulator but I ll leave it just now I have chosen nm as that is what my currant processor is Keith nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I have an year old Dell Precision T7810 workstation with an E5-2630 v3 processor. Dell has recently started selling T7810s with the newer v4 processors. How can I be sure that my workstation would work with a v4 processor? Does it require a certain Bios version? Are there other prerequisites for v4 processor support?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19979949
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,
I have a Dell XPS 420 with the Q6600 core2quad @ 2.4 ghz processor
My question is: Can I install a E8500 core2quad @ 3.1 ghz processor in it.
Would it be about 25% faster?
Any special problems that I might run into?
Thanks in advance,
Richard

A:Switch processors on motherboard?

While it should work, the E8500 is a dual core CPU, not a quad.  And while the CPU might be 25% faster, remember the rest of the system stays the same,  You won't see anything like a 25% difference overall - maybe 5-8%.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989193
Relevancy 58.48%

So basically I would like to to 2 processors different motherboard Transferring see if you guys had any suggestions on relocating LGA xenon processors to a new motherboard The processors are in a custom-made music computer that is in the Transferring 2 processors to different motherboard form of a music keyboard Recently I ve been having weird problems with the machine and it seems like either a motherboard issue or a power supply issue Without getting into the whole story and everything I ve done to come to this conclusion I decided to just ditch the format of a musical keyboard music computer and go the route of a standard server grade computer for making music I couldn t tell you what kind of motherboard is used because it s proprietary and totally custom to the company that makes the machine however I can tell you that it s from American microtrends I can also tell you that it is a derivative of the Q ambios single board computer But somehow the company that makes this music keyboard was able to get American microtrends to produce a single board computer that included two xenon compatible slots and up to GB of RAM Anyway my goal is to reuse the two xenon processors and gigs of RAM I have installed hard drives and Fans and anything else I can salvage This is of course assuming that the problem isnt actually the processors Any ideas on what a good dual socket motherboard would be Could you also provide suggestions on a computer case presumably extended ATX Would cooling be suggested Thermal paste needed And any other suggestions you could offer on facilitating this sort of hardware transfer I will include images of the current motherboard And also the specs of the current hardware TWO Intel Xeon Processor E M Cache GHz GT s Intel QPI gig x gb x gb ECC rated ram rpm gb s tb sata HD nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I have an older Dell Optiplex GX260 DHM desktop with Windows XP and it's quite slow. It currently has 1.25 gigs of RAM and an Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.00 GHz. I looked online but can't find anything about what processors will work with it. I couldn't find anything in Windows about what motherboard it is. There is a couple models of this computer apparently. If it helps its the wider one. Thanks in advance

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I have a 0HJ054 Dell motherboard.
I would like to know what processors are compatible with this baseboard.
(I would contact dell tech support but they charge a fee since my warranty expired and I do not want to do that.)
I want to get a faster, quieter processor.
The pentinum d 805 I have is too loud.
Can I get a better processor than the ones from the pentinum d series with this motherboard such as a pentinum dual core or intel core 2 duo?

***I saw this article: http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/chipsets/945g/945g-overview.htm
Does this mean that I can use an Intel Core 2 Duo processor with the 0HJ054 Dell motherboard I have....??***

A:Solved: Compatible Processors with my Motherboard

NO, the article you linked to at the Intel site doesn't mean you can use a Core 2 Duo processor in your board.

Dell boards are manufacturer proprietary with a proprietary BIOS. Only Dell can tell you positively what processors are supported by your board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-compatible-processors-with-my-motherboard.822324/
Relevancy 58.05%

I want to buy a new motherboard I already bought 8GB of DDR2 ram but im not sure if it will work on ASUS P5Q SE PLUS motherboard I think this has the speed of 667Mhz can anyone please give me some sugestions what motherboard I should buy that supports core2quad processors and that supports 16GB of ram! Cause I wanna upgrade it from time to time! Thanks in advance!

A:Motherboard for Core 2 processors and 16GB of RAM

Well, to answer you're first question, yes, that motherboard supports that type of RAM.

I cannot, however, understand why you would purchase DDR2 ram. You will not be able to find a whole lot of DDR2 compatible motherboards for sale, and even less core 2 processors. I highly recommend you return that RAM, and get current DDR3 RAM along with a current generation Motherboard and CPU.

Give us your budget, and what you will be using this PC for, an we will be able to help you choose the correct components to buy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-for-core-2-processors-and-16gb-of-ram.190119/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys, i need your help! I wanna upgrade my laptops processor but i have no clue whats compatible with my motherboard and i don't wanna just put a random one in and break my motherboard...

At the moment i have an i3 370M and wanting to upgrade to an i5. My motherboard model is HMA71_CP from a Acer Aspire 7739.. with a Socket 989 rPGA, i did some research and found this website and which could also be my mother board!
http://www.your-motherboard.com/shop/acer-aspire-7739-motherboard/

Sorry to have bothered anyone, but i just really need your help! Thank you!

Relevancy 58.05%

What is Maximum speed this Socket A board will handle without overheating or overclocking?
I've heard it will handle 3 Ghz. Processors, but thought I saw reference some place or another this Board can only take a maximum of 1.1 (or 1.2?) GHz.
Currently using a 1 Ghz. Athlon Thunderbird, 256 Mb RAM, Windows 98SE (Ver. 4.10.2222A; No Upgrades).
Have thought a few times of updating to XP, but after reading the problems with it still being described on this Board, think I'll try to hang on to 98SE longer).

A:MSI 6330 Lite 3 Motherboard Processors

Acording to the product specs.

CPU
• Socket A for AMD® Athlon™/ Athlon™ XP/ Duron™ Processor.
• AMD Athlon XP (Palomino, Socket A) up to 1800+
• AMD Athlon (Thunderbird, Socket A) up to 1.4GHz
• AMD Duron ( Socket A) 950MHz

MS-6330

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msi-6330-lite-3-motherboard-processors.182215/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey Guys,

So Ill be looking at upgrading my motherboard hopefully some time in the next few months,

Currently Id like to keep some of the stuff I have atm.

In particular: I need atleast 2 pci slots and preferable a pci-x.

Agp Slot.

Would like some PCI E slots so eventually I can upgrade to some better graphics cards and whatnot.

I want to keep my proccessors for the time which are 2, Duel 3.2ghz Xeon Processors (yes I have a server atm).

I have a 650w Rosewill psu that hopefully will be sufficent for my needs.

So is this going to be possible?
Basicly trying to upgrade in steps, and overall I think my Processors are pritty good, I actually think my board isnt able to utilize them to there fullest atm (or my 4gb's of ram, allthough the ram is ddr 266)

A:Want to Upgrade my Motherboard and Keep my Processors and some other items

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/want-to-upgrade-my-motherboard-and-keep-my-processors-and-some-other-items.833499/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a Dell Optiplex mini-tower nbsp It has the C VV motherboard According to the Technical Guidebook for the Optiplex this motherboard will support a Q Core Quad processor nbsp BUT there 0C27VV Motherboard supported by Processors Dell is this paragraph PROCESSORNOTE Global Standard Products GSP are a subset of Dell rsquo s relationship products that are managed for availability and synchro-nized transitions on a worldwide basis They ensure the same platform is available for purchase globally This allows customers to reduce the number of configurations managed on a worldwide basis thereby reducing their costs They also enable companies to implement global IT standards by locking in specific product configurations worldwide The Processors supported by 0C27VV Dell Motherboard following GSP processors identified below will be made available to Dell customers In the associated table Processors supported by 0C27VV Dell Motherboard under the Mini-Tower is the entry quot X-GSP quot --- what does that mean In other words I d like to know that if i purchase an Intel Core Quad Q processor will it work in the C VV motherboard thanks Marvin

A:Processors supported by 0C27VV Dell Motherboard

http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/optix/en/optiplex_780_tech_guidebook_en.pdf
 The following Global Standard Products (GSP) are a subset of Dell’s relationship products.
GSP  processors identified below will be made available to Dell customers.NOTE: Processor numbers are not a measure of performance.NOTE: Processor availability subject to change and may vary by region/country

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q9650/3.00GHz, 12M, 1333FSB

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q9550/2.83GHz, 12M, 1333FSB

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q9400/2.66GHz, 6M, 1333FSB

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q8400/2.66GHz, 4M, 1333FSB

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q8300/2.50GHz, 4M, 1333FSB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19565693
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a very old Compaq Presario (model 6LPXE1 from the 6000T series). It has a Compaq 07E8h motherboard with an Intel P4 2.26GHz currently installed. I would like to upgrade to an Intel Pentium 4 3.0E Prescott 3.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket 478 89W Single-Core Processor - OEM. How can I determine if this CPU is compatible with my motherboard?

I am attaching some system specs from ASTRA32, but the demo version report is truncated. Let me know if any other information would be useful.

A:What socket 478 processors are compatible with my Compaq 07e8h motherboard?

I think that the Intel 845G chipset supported at most a 533MHz FSB, not 800MHz like that CPU you're thinking of buying. I'm not sure but the chances that it'll work on your motherboard are slim.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-socket-478-processors-are-compatible-with-my-compaq-07e8h-motherboard.96271/
Relevancy 56.33%

Some how my old friend managed to upgrade my PC from Windows XP to Windows 7 with that chipset driver CD I gave him. I don't know how he did it. I would ask him but he moved to Germany. Anyway I've heard you can run the setup with Windwos Vista compatiblity mode but I don't know if it is safe. Anyone know?

A:Motherboard support CD does not support your operating system

Download the drivers from the manufacturers website. The driver CD is likely outdated anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-support-cd-does-not-support-your-operating-system.1115038/
Relevancy 50.74%

We are using Supermicro Server which is installed with 4 processor of AMD (AMD Opetron 6000 Series) the server is having four processor sockets, please do clarify that windows 7 64 bit version will support 4 physical processor installed on the server or
not, or is there any patch which we can apply to the OS so that it can take all the 4 physical  processors.
What are the hardware limitations of Windows 7 64 bit ?

Regards
Bijoy

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fe6882f2-72fb-41d1-ab68-9bb2d04dab1a/windows-7-64-bit-compatibility-with-4-physcial-processors-amd-processors?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm new to building my own PC. I've taken a really bland class on Computer Architecture, so I know the basics of the basics.

I just guess I have a question that I'm begging to be answered. :dead:

So does anyone know if there's conflicts with the idea of Dual Core Proc. in a Dual Proc. Motherboard?

And of course, is it worth it?

A:Dual Core Processors in a Dual Processor Motherboard

No there will not be any conflict. If the motherboard has a BIOS that supports dual-core processsors, it will use both cores present on each processor.

READ: Opteron 285 review @gamepc.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-processors-in-a-dual-processor-motherboard.47088/
Relevancy 49.45%

I want to buy a 512mb stick of ram
how can I check if my motherboard will support it

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

After issues here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1025675-pc-freezes-randomly.html

I am requesting support for buying a new motherboard.

I only have £80 to spend and would like to ask for some help in finding one, any recommendations?

My PC specs are below:
Code:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: Crucial 2GB DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10600 Memory CL9 1.5V
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4250, 384 Mb [IN BUILT]
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M4A88T-V EVO/USB3
Thanks

Relevancy 49.45%

I have an ECS 741GX-M motherboard and I found a used Athlon XP 2600+ that I was thinking about buying, but I just want to be absolutely certain this CPU will work on my motherboard before I purchase the chip. The ECS website - http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Produc...0&LanID=9&DetailID=422&DetailName=CPU Support lists the Athlon XP 2600+ as supported, but there are 3 different versions of this chip as far as I can tell. The chip I'm looking at is the XP 2600+ with the Barton core, a slightly lower clock speed, 333MHz FSB, and the 512K cache - but this particular version is not listed on the website above, only the two versions with the 256K cache are listed. I would expect this chip to work, but I just want to be certain. Can anyone tell me for certain whether this CPU will work on my motherboard or not? Thanks.

A:Will my motherboard support this CPU?

They probabkly left it off then list, but the list does have other 333Mhz FSB Barton's listed so I see no reason why this one wouldn't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-my-motherboard-support-this-cpu.468858/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys, I have this motherboard :

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/mb/content.php?S_ID=362

It is rated to support 95w CPU's. Does this therefore mean any 95w CPU will work? I am looking at this processor be exact :

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/145260

Also, whats the chance of this motherboard being able to support a 125w cpu. Thanks alot

Relevancy 49.45%

Where can I find this? I'm looking through the manual and I can't find anything. I have a ASUS CUV4X and looking to put in an 80GB hd with my existing 20GB, i'm sure it caps somewhere before I need a promise card or something, but I can't find where it says anything about that, u guys know? thanks!

A:how much HD mem does my motherboard support?

With that board, 4GB...

To get all kinds of info about your board, use AIDA32 - www.aida32.hu (its free).

80GB drive will work fine on the board... but what Windows version do you have?

512mb should be enough... PC-133 type.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-much-hd-mem-does-my-motherboard-support.180469/
Relevancy 49.45%
A:Can my motherboard support this GPU?

yes, but the better question is can your PSU handle the GPU? What size/model PSU do you have? Also see if the GPU will fit into your case because its long.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-motherboard-support-this-gpu.178185/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I am planning on building a home server in the not to distant future and I am wondering what motherboard will support ECC memory. I need an AM2 motherboard with about 3 pci slots and 1 pci-e slots which can support ECC Memory. The more the better.

Thanks
Jack-O-Bytes

A:Am2 motherboard with ecc support

Any Body got any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/am2-motherboard-with-ecc-support.845789/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all , im trying to upgrade two of my computers at once. I currently run 1GB DDR2 dual Chanel pc800 ram which i plan to bump up to 4GB (2X 2GB).

now i dont wanna waste the ram im going to be taking out, so i want to move it to my little brothers computer. its a much older dell computer, so i dont know if it supports DDR2.

here is the computer specs that i got from Berlac Advisor...

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Not hyper-threaded

Dell Inc. Dimension 4700
System Service Tag: J5LBR61 (support for this PC)
Chassis Serial Number: J5LBR61
Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower

Board: Dell Inc. 0M3918
Serial Number: ..CN708214C90269.
Bus Clock: 800 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Inc. A05 11/23/2004
so if anyone can tell me what type of ram this board supports id be really greatly.

A:what does my motherboard support ?

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4700/sm/specs.htm#wp1043338

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-does-my-motherboard-support.842152/
Relevancy 49.45%

MSI Z -A PRO Will support new Win my motherboard out of 7 the box? LGA Intel Z SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg com Disclaimer I have not bought this mobo yet but I will next month I'm building a new PC that will hopefully be able to run the Will my new motherboard support Win 7 out of the box? latest games at fps using high max settings In anticipation I bought an install disk for Win professional bit The mobo I was originally going to get ended up having numerous reviews that said it did not work with Win at least not without jumping through numerous hoops first Even then though it seemed like there was only a small chance of things working the way you want So I looked for another one and found the one that's in the link at the top I've read up and seen a few reviews about it working with Win no problem but I can't be sure If this mobo doesn't support Win out of the box can you recommend me a modern one that will Here's what the other parts of the build will be like I need a mobo that can support these Intel Core i - MSI GeForce GTX Fractal Design Arc Midi R Black - System Build - PCPartPicker

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/390532-will-my-new-motherboard-support-win-7-out-box.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently purhcased a computer which was at one point used as a server comp. Here asre the specs : P4 3.00 GHz with HT, 2 GB PC 2700 RAM, 80 GB SCSI 15K rpm HD and it's in a butt ugly server case. Anywho, I checked the comp specs and realized that there is currently no video card however there are 2 PCI-E slots. I was just wondering, If there are 2 PCI-E slots, does that give me the ability to get 2 SLI compatible video cards? Because on the specs list, it said nothing about SLI, however there are 2 slots...

Thanks.

Relevancy 49.45%

I thought that all modern BIOS included support for the on boot function "F11 - Invoke Boot Sequence Menu".

I am now told that this is not the case and that many new motherboards do not support the F11 on boot option. In addition I have also been advised that some current BIOS versions have no on boot option facility at all and that the only way to change the boot sequence is to actually change the settings in the BIOS.

Can any Forum member confirm (or not) that the above is in fact true.

TiA

Relevancy 49.45%

I have an INTEL D945GCNL motherboard.there are two slots for RAM.Currently 1Gb DDR2 ram is installed in slot A.
i wish to upgrade the memory to 3gb.i recently bought a single chip of 2gb ddr2.
but the intel website says maximum supported ram for the mobo is 2gb.
when i inserted the ram the OS detected it.(got both vista & xp).
there wasn't a considerable increase in performance though.(gaming etc.)
the new chip speed is 800. first chip has a speed of 667.
there might be a problem with dual channel feature also.
is 3gb possible on this board?
shall i continue using the new chip along with the old one or shall i return the 2gb chip and get a 1gb and settle for a total of 2gb ?

A:Motherboard RAM support

From what i have read, that motherboard will only support 2gig of ram.
What has happened is by mixing the two speeds of ram, the system is running at the lower speed.
So your best bet will be to remove the 1gig stick and only use the 2gig stick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-ram-support.819214/
Relevancy 49.45%

I want to try an AMD Sempron 2200+ 1500 Mhz processor.I have a ASUS A7S333 motherboard and a AMD Athlon 1300 Mhz processor.

A:What CPU does my motherboard support?

Your mobo supports AMD Athlon and Duron cpu`s, but might be able to support Semprons with a bios update.

See HERE for further info.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-cpu-does-my-motherboard-support.70279/
Relevancy 49.45%

how much ram can the fastest motherboard support? Windows 7 x64 (excluding home premium, home basic, starter) supports up do 192 GB of ram. Memory Limits for Windows Releases (Windows)

A:How much ram can a motherboard support?

I have seen 12GB DDR3 tripple channel (3x4GB), so I would say 24GB to fill the 6 slots (6x4GB).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/99826-how-much-ram-can-motherboard-support.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have been searching trying to find if this motherboard supports Windows 10...if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Motherboad Gigabyte P55A-UD4P

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/54898-does-motherboard-support-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello~ my motherboard is :Intel? Core?2 Duo Processor E6550
(4M Cache, 2.33 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)
Now it running Ati Radeon X1600 PRO card,
i planning to change the card to Ati Radeon HD 5870.
Can my motherboard run the Ati Radeon HD 5870 graphic card??
5870 required:
PCI Express? based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express? power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX? technology in dual mode)

LOL im not very pro in IT so....have to ask all of you to give me answer ><"

A:Can my motherboard support this card??

mlbon21, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Will it work on your motherboard? Yes it will. Better question would be is your current power supply up to running the card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/167767-can-my-motherboard-support-card.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i opened up my case and it said i had a Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 motherboard.
I was wondering if my motherboard could take a 6600 PCI. How do i check?
I purchased this pc around 2 years ago.

A:Does my motherboard support PCI cards?

I assume you mean a PCI-E graphics card since an Nvidia 6600 doesn't come in a PCI model. The answer is no, your motherboard supports AGP graphics cards. Nvidia 6600s come in AGP models, however.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-my-motherboard-support-pci-cards.41438/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an Asus M4A785TV-V Evo motherboard. It has an integrated Hd 4200, but that is not used. It also has two PCIex16 slots, one of which has my HD5770 in.
If I get a second HD 5770 and put it in the other PCIe x16 slot, will I be able to run Crossfire?
The motherboard manual says that it supports Hybrid Crossfire between dedicated and integrated cards, but nothing about Crossfire between two dedicated cards.

If it doesn't support crossfire, can I still put a second graphics card in and use it in the same way?

A:Will my motherboard support crossfire?

If your Mobo book of words says yes, then it means yes!

You cannot crossfire a graphics card, such as the one you have, with any onboard graphics native to the mainboard AFAIK... all references to crossfire refers to use of both graphics slots and a crossfire bridge connector...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/44888-will-my-motherboard-support-crossfire.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi!

I have a P4M80-M7A motherboard currently running with a Pentium D 2.8ghz CPU. I get massive bottlenecks when I run Vista with it, so I was thinking of upgrading the CPU to the fastest CPU that will run with the motherboard.

I need some help interpreting these specs:

http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdetails.asp?model=P4M80-M7A+v7.x

The website says it supports Pentium 4 and Celeron processors. The manual says "supports Intel Pentium 4 processors up to 3.8ghz). What specifically does that mean? Is the Pentium D part of the Pentium 4 family?

I suppose THE question I need help answering is, with this motherboard, what's the fastest CPU I can throw on, regardless of brand/make/model?

Sorry, I used to be real handy with PCs back in the late 90s but all this new stuff has gotten me confused!

Thanks!

Shu

Relevancy 49.02%

Can my motherboard support HDDs over 400 GB? My motherboard model is EM61SM/EM61PM.

Does anyone with my motherboard have any HDD limitations?

A:Can my motherboard support HDDs over 400 GB

I just made a comment on your other thread LOL...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/44901-can-my-motherboard-support-hdds-over-400-gb.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am thinkin of buying http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTEL-D41...aptopMotherboards_CPUs_CA&hash=item35c160f826

and I need to know if it will support my processor which is a core 2 duo E6550 and my G card which is a NVIDIA GT220 (old I know but does its job for what I need) and DDR 2 ram cards.

thanks all

A:Need to know if this motherboard will support my processor, RAM and GPU

The board seems to be a P4 board. - Intel® Desktop Board - DQ963GS

However there does seem to be support for Core2 processros with BIOS updates. - Found 36 Compatible Processor(s) for Board "DQ965GF"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-know-if-this-motherboard-will-support-my-processor-ram-and-gpu.186993/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I recently bought these computer parts while I m waiting I was wondering again to make sure they will work together Motherboard Biostar TA G M Motherboard http www circuitcity com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Processor AMD Athlon X Processor http www circuitcity com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId For Memory I already added a GB one http www circuitcity com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId But I bought another currently though they did not have the same gb so I this motherboard support Will processor? this got a I GB http www circuitcity com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Will these two work together I noticed they had different CAS Latencies Finally one last question Will this motherboard support this processor? With this processor motherboard memory and GB Hard Drive Nvida Geforce GT MB DDR Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Realtek HD Integrated Audio Cooler Master Watt PSU be able to work right and play Grand Theft Auto IV Thanks techdude nbsp

A:Will this motherboard support this processor?

Basically all the components are compatible, as for the memory mixing it with different CAS can be negligible the computer will just runs them at the slowest latency. As for the system requirements for Grand Theft Auto IV:

Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHz
Memory: 1.5GB Vista / 1GB XP, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space
Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended System Requirements
OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1GHz
Memory: 2.5GB Vista / 2.5GB XP, 18 GB Free Hard Drive Space
Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

Official Rockstar GTA IV PC System Requirements
http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=pc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-this-motherboard-support-this-processor.881744/
Relevancy 49.02%

Biostar MCP6P M2+ v6.1 with AMD Athlon II X3 440 CPU : BIOSTAR :: MCP6P M2+ :: Specification
2 GB Memory
450W Fan

Operating System will be on 160Gb IDE Maxtor Drive and 2nd Drive on SATA (320Gb)
using onboard Graphics.

Windows 7 32 Bit to be installed.

----------------------------------

Now thats the specs and what I want out the way....
Just a few questions, if anyone can answer please...

1.Has anyone had any issues installing this System onto the above board?

2.Which Bios Should I download between these 2 (assuming the newest but not sure)
BIOSTAR :: MCP6P M2+ :: BIOS

3.Will 2GB and my 450W Fan be enough to handle all this?

4.Should Bios settings be set as defualt or should I configure any for good system performance (dont want to overclock)

....Win 7 32 or 64 Bit.. whats better for this sytem?

Thanks

A:Advice on Motherboard and CPU Support

If you mean you have a 450 watt power supply, that's plenty unless you have a very powerful graphics card. I'm assuming it is a reliable brand and in good shape.

In your situation, I would go with 32 bit Windows.

Leave BIOS settings at default until you get it up and running well. After that, maybe make some changes and maybe not.

2 GB of RAM is OK. You might or might not notice the difference if you added more, depending on what you do with the PC.

I would definitely NOT download a new BIOS unless you have a specific problem with the existing BIOS. Flashing a BIOS is serious business and not to be done without a good reason. What is your good reason?

I don't know anything about that motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/138440-advice-motherboard-cpu-support.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a XP 2800+ amd proc. and i need a new motherboard, i came across http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=25223&sku=G451-2015 2 <-- that motherboard, it supports AMD Athlon up to 2400+ @ 266 MHz FSB , AMD Athlon XP up to 2600+ @ 266MHz FSB , AMD Athlon XP up to 3000+ @ 333MHz FSB , AMD Athlon XP up to 3200+ @ 400 MHz FSB , AMD Duron up to 1800 @ 266 MHz FSB, and for some reason it doesnt mention 2800, does this mean i should stay away from this mobo cuz its not compatible?

A:Motherboard doesnt support.....

Your 2800 CPU falls in the category "AMD Athlon XP up to 3000+ @ 333MHz FSB".
Meaning you can run it on the Tiger mobo without any problems. Just get the appropriate optimal memory for that bus-speed
(DDR2700 or better)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-doesnt-support.11435/
Relevancy 49.02%

hello im planning to buy HDZ955FBGMBOX link http://aio.lv/lv/pc-components/cpu_2/cpu-phen2-x4-955-sam3-box_125w-3200-hdz955fbgmbox-amd/ and i have motherboard asus m4a78 link http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=8DgaI5WgY50udcbZ it show support ALL if HDZ955(but last letters is not the same) will it support my mb couse i dont have pcb 1.02G i see that HDX955... is by pcb version 1.02G

A:Phenom II x4 and motherboard support

I didn't see the Phenom II X4 955 listed in the CPU Support list for the M4A78 on the ASUS website. Might be a good idea to contact ASUS support just to be sure one way or the other.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phenom-ii-x4-and-motherboard-support.163607/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello SF.

I'd like to connect a TV with an HDMI cable, in an HDMI input in the motherboard. However, it doesn't really get any sort of signal. I'd connect it to the gfx-card if it actually had an ordinary HDMI input instead of the mini-HDMI.
I tried downloading the latest vga-drivers on ASUS' website, but without luck. I've also tried to plug out the main monitor connected to the gfx-card and just having the HDMI in the Motherboard, to the TV- but again without luck.

To make a long story short, how do I use the display inputs in my ASUS Motherbaord.

(Check my specs).
Best Regards,
FredeGail.

A:HDMI support in Motherboard

Have you looked in BIOS to make sure you have the onboard graphics enabled?

If so, is the onboard graphics listed in Windows Device Manager (without errors)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/230596-hdmi-support-motherboard.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey there, I've recently gotten more and more into gaming, and as it gets more serious the demands for less lag has gotten to be more!

So here's the eMachine. I got it from a friend and he put a huge video card, a new power supply, and lots of RAM into it.

Anyway here's the link: http://www.e4me.com/products/products.html?prod=T3642

and here's the CPU I want to put inside of it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103210

I know the sockets match and everything, but I read something about how my motherboard has to support Dual-Core Processors

(Btw here is my current processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103868 )

A:Will my motherboard support this Processor?

Bump, I'd really like some insight here =/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-motherboard-support-this-processor.129577/
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm planning to buy the following mother board;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131347

What I need is a confirmation that all of the following parts will work with it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102822
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115206
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136218
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

-Eric

A:Will my motherboard support these parts?

They will work, however, I suggest a power supply of 500+ Watts, the 430 may not be sufficient.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-motherboard-support-these-parts.124921/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Guys,

So my recently troublesome intel dg33fb finally gave up , looking for replacement mobo. My specs are in the description, please suggest me a good lga 775 socket mobo with 8gb/800mhz ddr2 ram support.

A:Best Motherboard lga 775 8gb ddr2/800 support

Hi,

Got some options for you. Here they are.

1. Motherboard - Intel G31 Chipset- LGA 775 Socket DDR 2 | eBay

2. Intel G31 Chipset- LGA 775 Socket Motherboard DDR2 ram support | eBay

3. Gigabyte (GA-G41M-COMBO) Motherboard - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal
Now, how much you want to spend on mobo? 3 options are in the range of 3500 Rs to 10,000 Rs (60$ to 166$)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320708-best-motherboard-lga-775-8gb-ddr2-800-support.html
Relevancy 49.02%

http://www.ixbt.com/mainboard/asus/p4p800-roundup/p4p800-e-deluxe-board.jpg

From the looks of it, it has 4 Sata controllers. I already have 4 IDE harddrives, 2 of which is controlled by RAID:
http://s94836709.onlinehome.us/HDs.jpg

So I just want to know if it's possible to go over 4 on this board.

A:Can this motherboard support 8 harddrives?

While I can't get your link to work, the text in the link would suggest it's an Asus P4P800E-Deluxe. If this is the correct motherboard, then yes- you can have more then 4 drives with this model. I have a few of these and they come highly recommended... just good luck finding one. hehe.

It has an Intel ICH5/5R chip which has:
2xUDMA (4 IDE/ATA drives total)
2xSATA (2 SATA drives)

It also has an on-board Promise controller that adds:
1xUDMA (2 drives total)
2xSATA (2 SATA drives)

Keep in mind the above controller(s) arrangement! If you're planning on having four SATA drives in a single raid volume, it will NOT work. You can, however, have 2xSATA RAID 0/1 (Promise), and another 2xSATA RAID 0/1 (ICH5R) volume and then use Windows to combine the volumes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-this-motherboard-support-8-harddrives.61115/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone

I want to know if my motherboad supports the following RAM module ?

Motherboard : Motherboard Specifications, MCP61PM-HM (Nettle3) HP Pavilion a6532f Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

RAM : Amazon.com: Kingston ValueRAM 2GB 800MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL6 DIMM Desktop Memory: Electronics

There is only 1 working DIMM slot on my MOBO, thats why Im buying thise RAM from 1GB to 2GB

My current RAM : Samsung 1GB 1Rx8 PC2 6400U 666 12 ZZ 1GB DDR2 Memory Philippines - 6032073

Thanks for the advice people !

A:Does my motherboard support the following RAM Module ?

From the motherboard specifications it looks as though it would be supported. 240 pin DDR2 800mhz ram. Max of 8gb supported on the motherboard and supports 2gb max sticks. Looks perfectly fine to me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255387-does-my-motherboard-support-following-ram-module.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

So I'm looking at a new motherboard. It will be using an intel core i5-750 processor. I also have a gtx 260. I found a motherboard on newegg that has Crossfire support. Does that mean it will also support SLI? Here is the link.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130246

Any help would be appreciated. Also if it isnt suggestions for a 100-200 dollar mobo with SLI support would be appreciated but It needs to run the core i5-750 as well.

A:Motherboard SLI/Crossfire support

I've been wondering the same thing myself. I have an MSI mobo which I know supports Crossfire, but my video card is Nvidia.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-sli-crossfire-support.142607/
Relevancy 49.02%

I was aghast for reinstallations of Windows 8 because of reasons unknown which ran operating system into trouble.
Now I know why this happened, because I selected maximum number of processors shown in 'Msconfig', which really doesn't exists ('Msconfig' showed 4 processors for Intel Core i3210).
From next start Windows 8 ran into trouble and within a day or two of using this desktop stopped responding, happened for all operating systems where I selected maximum number of processors shown in 'Msconfig'.
Therefore do not select maximum number of processors from 'Msconfig'.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f688905a-dbaa-4975-8659-d86c20a21dea/selecting-processors-in-msconfig-to-maximum-which-really-doesnt-exists-i-use-intel-core-i3210?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 49.02%

Why the strangeqe question?

you see I have a Dell XPS 15z laptop with a core i7 processor, 8 Giga RAM running Windows 7 Premium and I also have an HP desktop with a core two duo processor, 3 Gigs of ram running Windows 7 Professional but surprizingly the desktop runs faster than the laptop when I give them both tthe same task on Photoshop CS6 ( a processor heavy application). I feel that I have been cheated into buying the Dell laptop which at the time of purchase was expensive in the is country.

A:Are there any new processors that are faster than Core I7 processors

Does it use 100% cpu for a long time? (so cpu is the bottleneck)
Is it a multithreaded application, so are tasks split in many subtasks and use different cores?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/363860-there-any-new-processors-faster-than-core-i7-processors.html
Relevancy 48.59%

does intel motherboard DG31PR support usb HID(human intervention device)

if yes, can it recognise this device?
and also is there any significant diff b/w usb and usb HID

IOGEAR - GKM581R - 2.4GHz Wireless On-Lap Keyboard with Optical Trackball and Scroll Wheel

A:does intel motherboard DG31PR support usb HID

Sure, pretty much all computers support USB HID devices such as keyboards and mice. And its really more up to the operating system then the motherboard. Full support of any special keys on the keyboard or mouse may still require additional drivers from the manufacturer, such as IOGEAR, which come with the device if needed or are available to download.

P.S. HID stands for Human Interface Device, of which the most common are mice, keyboard, joysticks, game pads, remote controls, and the such.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-intel-motherboard-dg31pr-support-usb-hid.996127/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a laptop and the motherboard is Dell 0rp6c8
How many internal hard drive can support ?

I used Speccy and it show that it has :
Slot PCI-E x16 "In use" and (5) Slots PCI there are (2) Available
does it mean I still can connect (2) hard drives ?

I would know the way to know that please !

A:How many hard drive can motherboard support ?

On a laptop you can only attach additional harddrives via USB or if you have a PCI-e slot. For the latter you need a PCI-e card - one like these:

Laptop Express Cards - Newegg.com

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/59598-how-many-hard-drive-can-motherboard-support.html
Relevancy 48.59%

anyone know of a motherboard that support RAID for windows 2003 ?
beside those serverboard.

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-know-which-motherboard-support-win2003-server.478613/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Guys,

Can any1 tell me any good motherboard which support i7 and Quad core ?

Thanks in advance,

A:Motherboard which support i7 and Quad Core

Gigabyte have some nice motherboards, i7 is LGA1156 socket so you can see which motherboards support i7 and even download the motherboard manual, full marks to Gigabyte for making this information available.
You should also know that Intel i7 are predominantly 6 core processors. Here's a link if you want to compare Intel and AMD:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2367918,00.asp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/motherboard-which-support-i7-and-quad-core-507443.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,
I recently was gifted a pair of headphones with 7.1 surround sound for Christmas. I plugged them in configured the surround sound and later on realized that the it wasn't working. My motherboard is an Asus p6t deluxe v2, does it support 7.1 surround sound, or any in that case?

Thanks

A:Does My Motherboard Support Surround Sound?

Have a look from here.....then check what your mobo manual says. From what I read it use.....ADI? AD2000B 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Support Jack-Detection, Multi-Streaming, and Front Panel Jack-Retasking
- Coaxial / Optical S/PDIF out ports at back I/O
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P6...pecifications/

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/127937-does-my-motherboard-support-surround-sound.html
Relevancy 48.59%

the titel says enough,

this is my motherboard: dell inc. OCT017

A:does this motherboard support pentuim 4 (downgrade)

Hi chilloh,

I'm not finding anything with that motherboard model number. What is the model number of the Dell computer? I may have better luck with that instead.

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/138900-does-motherboard-support-pentuim-4-downgrade.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I built this system in March and windoze vista home Ubuntu/Linux Motherboard with support premium This Motherboard with Ubuntu/Linux support particular edition of vista was a nightmare from day one and I eventually found a work-a-round to get Ubuntu installed NO Linux support from the MB manufacturer days after getting it to a dual boot system vista stopped recognizing the mouse and keyboard So I have a MOBO that doesn t like Ubuntu and is a nightmare to try to fond workarounds for Here is what I have to work with XFX nForce a SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA a Motherboard with Ubuntu/Linux support SLI Socket AM AM ATX Audio Video HDMI DVI PCI Express Gigabit LAN S PDIF USB eSATA RAID AMD Phenom Processor HD WCGDBOX - GHz x KB Cache MHz MT s FSB Agena Quad-Core Retail Socket AM Processor with Fan Kingston PC MHz GB DDR Desktop Memory - x MB Motherboard with Ubuntu/Linux support Pin OCZ SLI-Ready Dual Channel MB PC DDR MHz Memory x MB XFX GeForce GSO Fatal ty Edition Video Card - MB DDR PCI Express Dual Link DVI SLI Ready Seagate GB Serial ATA HD MB SATA- G And the full sized ATX tower w watt PS Which Motherboards would be the best to work with that HAS Linux SUPPORT Thanks for all the help over the years guys I truly do appreciate it Drew nbsp

A:Motherboard with Ubuntu/Linux support

Is there a specific component on that motherboard that you're having problems with? I can't imagine that the motherboard is not "compatible" with linux - in fact, I've found threads with people using Ubuntu with that mobo. I also find it odd that you'd have a Windows Vista issue with that mobo since most of the users I see online who use it are running Vista or 7 64-bit. Perhaps you have a faulty motherboard and it's not a problem with the model itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-with-ubuntu-linux-support.149672/
Relevancy 48.59%

First of all my support external USB booting? motherboard Does I have a ASUS M N SLI Delux Does my motherboard support external USB booting? NVIDIA nForce I was in my bios and think I found where it says I can but I just want a second opinion so that I know for sure In my BIOS I went to quot Advanced quot then I went to quot PCInP quot from there there was two options the first one was quot Plug and Play quot and it was set to quot NO quot The second one was quot Resources controlled by quot and it was set to quot Auto quot When clicked on the quot resouces quot one on the right hand side where a explination or something of what you are clicked on said quot BIOS can automaticly configure Does my motherboard support external USB booting? all the boot and plug and play compatible devices If you choose Auto you cannot select IRQ DMA and memory base address feilds since BIOS autimaticly assigns them quot Now to me that sounds like my board supports plug and play boot devices Any help is great thanks nbsp

A:Does my motherboard support external USB booting?

It probably does.
Why do you want to boot from usb tho?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-my-motherboard-support-external-usb-booting.87418/
Relevancy 48.59%

I just bought a 8x AGP graphics card but just found that my system supports up to 4x. Will this be a problem or will it just utilize it at 4x?

A:Video Card 8x AGP - Motherboard support 4x

It will use it at 4x, shouldn't be a problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-8x-agp-motherboard-support-4x.145903/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

My motherboard is a DFI LanParty UT SLI-DR (details about the SATA-plugs can be seen here), and I'm currently looking for a new hard drive. The one I want to buy is the Seagate Barracuda 7200.11, with a capacity of 1,5 TB.

What I'd like to know is whether my motherboard can support a drive of this size?

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-my-motherboard-support-a-1-5-tb-hard-drive.963699/
Relevancy 48.59%

Have searched the web and asked in my local store and they are unsure if the motherboard will support a GTX 960,  I am aware that I will need to upgrade my  PSU and I have checked to ensure it will fit inside the case but i have failed to find a definitive answer to if my mother board will support it  system board: 2AD5 1.03system BIOs: 8.09current video card: gt640

Solved!
View Solution.

A:will the h8-1425a motherboard support a GTX960 4gb

@Darklight11?, welcome to the forum. The first thing that you should do is assure that your motherboard has UEFI instead of a Legacy BIOS.  I believe that it does because the computer came with Win 8. Here is a video card that should work nicely in your motherboard.  Look in the "Specifictaions" section for all of the specs on the card.  It requires a 400W PSU and requires one additional 6-pin power connector.  It has a DisplayPort so it would be capable of UHD resolutions.  I have a 28" UHD monitor that is amazing.  I always recommend a PSU that has at least 100W more than the card requires.  This will give you plenty of power for peak usage.  You may be able to find the card for less money. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/will-the-h8-1425a-motherboard-support-a-GTX960-4gb/td-p/5828760
Relevancy 48.59%

What is the best memory I can have on the following motherboard:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS M4A785-M

For a normal price.. no need for high-end four months of salary thing
I want 4GB or maybe more (I do run 64bit win 7)

Thanks in advance !

A:Buying new memory, motherboard support

Computer memory upgrades for ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard from Crucial.com

Above link shows all compatible RAM at Crucial.com using their configurator for your motherboard model.

Take your pick from that list. You can buy from Crucial directly or make note of the part numbers and buy that RAM at the dealer of your choice.

There are several speed choices in that list. In your situation, I would just get the standard PC2-5300, Non-ECC:

CT2KIT25664AA667

Priced at 49.99. You may be able to find that same part number at a lower price at another retailer such as Newegg.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187709-buying-new-memory-motherboard-support.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an XFX Nforce 680i LT motherboard. My current processor is a Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2 Ghz, so I'm looking to upgrade. Can I use an intel quad core processor with this (like an i7), or an AMD Phenom II X4?

If not, what motherboard would you recommend for those processors above?

Relevancy 48.59%

I just bought a new computer which came with the standard exhaust fan at the inside back of the case. However, on the sliding side panel which allows access to the interior hardware there is a grid and screw holes that would accommodate a second 80mm case fan. But like most motherboards , this one only has ports for the CPU fan and only one case fan. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to add a second case fan given this limitation? I live in the Southwest and the ambient temperature around an operating system can be pretty brutal in the summer months so the more cooling power the better. Thanks for any suggestions.

A:Solved: Motherboard case fan support

I have a side cover fan and it attaches through a "y" type connection that plugs into the power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-motherboard-case-fan-support.895317/
Relevancy 48.59%

Does anyone know of any board that will do this? like the Asrock one? which is out of stock everywhere.

or know of anywhere i can find an asrock?

here is a link to the asrock of which i speak

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157097

A:Looking for a Motherboard that will support 939 socket, DDR ram, and has an AGP slot

I found one. All I can say is good choice of motherboards, ASRock America is in essense ASUS.

http://www.pcplanetsystems.com/abc/product_details.php?category_id=114&item_id=1911

Sorry about the high price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-motherboard-that-will-support-939-socket-ddr-ram-and-has-an-agp-slot.75957/
Relevancy 48.59%

I don't know if AMD FX 8320 is compatible with DELL Inspiron 580 motherboard

A:DELL Inspiron 580 motherboard support AMD?

Famouslava
I don't know if AMD FX 8320 is compatible with DELL Inspiron 580 motherboard
Famouslava
No, the Inspiron 580 only supports Intel socket LGA1156 processors, not AMD.
The Inspiron 570 supports AMD processors.
Bev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19995392
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently found an Athlon64 X2 5000+ processor for 80$ and decided to maybe get it. The thing is it's socket is AM2 I used Z-CPU and noticed that mine is AM2 too. But later on wikipedia I found out that Orleans mainboard (I have orleans) supports only single core processors. Is this true even if I have the same socket?

A:Will my motherboard support Athlon64 X2 proc.?

C'mon people I need help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-my-motherboard-support-athlon64-x2-proc.785866/
Relevancy 48.59%

First off this desktop is no longer standard. I have upgraded the power supply, graphics card and CPU. I currently have the stock Motherboard which is the HP Orchid-S (MS 7906). I have previously upgraded the CPU to a Athlon X4 860K. This CPU is not listed in the supported  processors for that motherboard but works perfectly. Unfortunately my GPU is severly bottlenecked by this CPU so I was looking to upgarde. First I looked at overclocking my current CPU, but of course HP BIOS does not allow this and when I tried AMD Overdrive, that just ended in disater. So I have two options.  1. Upgrade my Motherboard to support a AM3+ CPU and replace my CPU with a FX 8320. 2. This would be my prefered option as money is very tight. Upgrade my CPU to the X4 880K with my current Motherboard. But does anyone know if this CPU would be compatible?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Does-Motherboard-support-AMD-Athlon-X4-880K/td-p/5846914
Relevancy 48.59%

My machine has Intel DH61WW motherboard. This does not have WiFi support. What do I need to do to get WiFi support in my machine?

A:WiFi support for DH61WW motherboard

Welcome to the forum!

You'll need a wireless PCI express or standard PCI card.

This article explains it well: The Desktop Wireless Adapter Difference: USB vs. PCI | PCWorld

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/57716-wifi-support-dh61ww-motherboard.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I wanted to know if this motherboard: Gigabyte GA-73VM-S2 can support this graphics card: GIGABYTE GEFORCE 210 GV-N210D3-512I 512MB PCI-E RETAIL

thanks in advance!

P.S. the reason why i want to buy this graphics card is to play Counter-Strike Source better... so if anyone got any good suggetion plz let me know

A:Can this motherboard support this graphics card?

I assume you already have the motherboard..if so the card should be fine..if not its also fine.Don't have to be anything over the top to run CS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/93969-can-motherboard-support-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So I have a Dell Optiplex 780 SFF Desktop and I've been wanting to upgrade the crummy Core 2 Duo it has in it, to a Core 2 Quad or do a LGA 771 to 775 mod on it, but I have no idea what the maximum CPU it could support would be. It's motherboard model is 03NVJ6 and a Q95/Q93 chip set and it supports DDR3 Memory, would I be able to put some form of LGA 775 or 771 quad core in it?

A:Dell Optiplex 780 SFF Motherboard CPU Support

Hello Poke109
Thanks for reaching out to us.
Your post is blank, do you want to know what processors are supported by optiplex 780sff?
Please provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message to help you further.
await your response.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984375
Relevancy 47.73%

Greetings, i have a motherboard asrock G41C-GS that has slots for both DDR2 and DDR3. The thing is that it works perfectly fine with DDR3 memory, but gives 3 long beeps when you insert any module of DDR2. i tried various memory modules that work perfectly fine with all other computers.
Does anyone have any ideas how to get it to work?
Thanks!

Relevancy 47.73%

So, I have the ASUS P5G41-M LE Micro ATX Mobo.
I checked up some specs on it because I will be upgrading my current "rig"

2.9Ghz Intel Dual Core
3GB Drr2 800
1GB Geforce 9400GT

But anyways, Checked online..on newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131622
It says that I can run DDr3 on this mobo, but when I checked the manual itself from the box, it never mentions ddr3..But this is 100% infact the same mobo.

Any help please?

A:My motherboard says DDr2 Support..newegg says Ddr3?

P5G41-M LE is DDR2, and the P5G41T-M LE you linked to is DDR3.

If you look at a DDR2 memory slot the keying notch is close to the middle. On DDR3 it is noticably closer to one end.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-motherboard-says-ddr2-support-newegg-says-ddr3.971977/
Relevancy 47.73%

Can my motherboard support high density ddr memory? I have an Asus A7V8X-X. also does a ECS K7VTA3 support high density memory? are there any performance perks for either high density or low density memory/

Thankyahmuch

Steve

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-my-motherboard-support-high-density-memory.304189/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Gateway Computer Model G6-350. It have a Intel MP440BX motherboard with PhonexBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0 (4M4PB0X1.15A.0033.P21) and Pentium II 350 Processor.

I want to know if this motherboard support Pentium III Processor Slot 1 at 500, 550 or 600 MHZ.

Thanks to anybody.

A:Processor Support for Intel 440BX Motherboard

That's a Gateway-specific motherboard, Intel have no information about it on their site. From looking at similar boards you should be able to run a P3-450 (Katmai, not Coppermine), which is what the Intel SE440BX goes up to. I'm assuming you have a very early 440BX board as it came with a P2-350, the first 100MHz FSB processor Intel released.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-support-for-intel-440bx-motherboard.378579/
Relevancy 47.73%

can these support this?

Newegg.com - ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO&#47;USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb&#47;s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/278677-can-these-motherboard-support-hexacore-thuban-technology.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently updated the bios, for first time after purchase. It was purchased in 2009.
After I updated bios, I got lots of new options in the bios menu.
Like Core Multiplexing, CPU fan control, Usb port disabling, Hard disk predelay, Expansion card text, XD technology, Intel VT, Booting USB devices.

So, I don't know anything about all above things.
Does my mobo support uefi boot for Windows 8.

A:Does this motherboard Intel DG41RQI support UEFI?

Imran I don't know but am very doubtful unless they have made some spectacular advances for that board which is getting on in years.
Now the BIOS update might have been made up to include those features but to give you some idea of the different types see pics - the blue one is the one I think you will have the other darker one is the EUFI type.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318819-does-motherboard-intel-dg41rqi-support-uefi.html
Relevancy 47.73%

i am having no luck finding information so as to install a new 3T hard drive. this is a nightmare. one of the first bits of info i need is whether my motherboard supports or uses UEFI or EFI... any help would be appreciated since there do not seem to be any manuals available (i've checked.) take care-- raze

A:does my IPIEL-LA3 Ereka 3 motherboard support UEFI?

What computer do you have? Is this a pre-built, like a Dell or HP?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/241118-does-my-ipiel-la3-ereka-3-motherboard-support-uefi.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Newegg has some ram I'd like to order, it's listed as:
DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)Click to expand...

My motherboard is listed as supporting:
DDR3 1866(OC)*/1333/1066
* To reach DDR3 1866MHz or above, you must install two memory modules and install them in the DDR3_3 and DDR3_4 memory sockets.Click to expand...

Will my motherboard be able to handle the DDR 1600? I thought that maybe it would since it falls between DDR 1866 and DDR 1333. Am I right to think that?

A:Question about ram/motherboard compatibility. Will my mobo support this ram?

Someone? Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-ram-motherboard-compatibility-will-my-mobo-support-this-ram.1005301/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, i have an ECS P4IBAS Motherboard and was wondering if it can support a 160GB hard drive. The bios is Award Modular BIOS 6.00PG v1.1 and the motherboard has the Intel 845 Chipset. I currently have an 80gb hard drive which is about to fail (it has a very high reallocated sector count) and i really want to get a bigger hard drive as 80gb isnt enough for me anymore. The year of my bios is 2001. So will this motherboard support a 160GB hard drive without having to flash my bios?

Thanks, Nissanman.

A:Hard Drive Support For ECS P4IBAS Motherboard?

Yes, depending on the OS. The Award BIOS will handle it. But, unless you use XP Service Pack 2 or 3, your maximum size per partition is 132 gb before formatting or 128, or so, after formatting.
Best thing to do is format it with whatever OS you have, then extend the partition with a partition manager such as PartIt, Norton Ghost, Acronis, or the like.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-support-for-ecs-p4ibas-motherboard.110005/
Relevancy 47.73%

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157145

would it support http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161315 always get confused with PCIe video cards so i figure I'll double check.

Also i only have a 380 watt PSU so keep that in mind as well.

If not, any recommendations under 80 dollars (preferred)?

Relevancy 47.73%

Celeron D 352...

Hi everyone!

I´m very interested on this CPU. But, a change like that means new motherboard too.
I´m interested on this Gigabyte motherboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128008

It has a 865GV chipset, dual channel support, AGP8X, and everything I need. This would be a GREAT buy, and the reviews on Newegg are good (that´s important to me), but the main question is:

Will this Gigabyte mobo fully support the Celeron D Cedar Mill? I went to Gigabyte´s site and they say that they´re testing it.
The mobo´s box says "Cedar Mill support".
Here´s the box:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...tel+865G+Micro+ATX+Intel+Motherboard+-+Retail

What do you think about this?

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/celeron-d-352-cedar-mill-motherboard-support.50954/
Relevancy 47.3%

Evening.

Just a little 30 secs question,

I wanna build my pc, and i've come up with
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H

which is my mothrboard, gosh, big letters,
anyway, the motherboard supports
1800+ ram, does that mean i can put a 1333
ram in there and it will work?

thanks a lot folks

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi again

Can this mb support this ram?:

1024MB Stick, 6-Layer PCB, CAS 3.0, 128x4 Configuration (High Density), 184 Pin, DDR Memory

I went to the website but I didn't see anything that mentions if the ram can be high density...and the site doesn't really give extensive ram specifications anyway just a list of ram sticks that only reach up to 512mb that are compatible (didn't see information on if it should be CAS 2.5 or 3.0 or what either), but im sure I can have a 1024 mb stick as my board supports up to 3GB of RAM. I just want to know if the specific RAM mentioned above will work on my motherboard because I've read that this motherboard can be touchy when it comes to RAM...

A:Can an Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard support 1 gig of high density RAM?

Your m/b can support this RAM: 3x DIMM for DDR400/333/266 Max 3GB. :hotbounce

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-an-asus-k8v-se-deluxe-motherboard-support-1-gig-of-high-density-ram.22958/
Relevancy 47.3%

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

Asus P6X58D Premium

I heard the gigabytes UD3R's usb 3.0 get cancelled when using crossfire or sli? Does Asus Premium does the same?

thank you for your answers, would help me alot

Explain in detail if you can please..

A:Motherboard Gigabyte or Asus? Which one fully support usb 3.0 and crossfire?

I heard the gigabytes UD3R's usb 3.0 get cancelled when using crossfire or sli?Click to expand...

That does not seem very probable. What's the source of this information?

Both ASUS and Gigabyte are great brands. Just get the board that comes in cheaper as long as they have the same feature set.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-gigabyte-or-asus-which-one-fully-support-usb-3-0-and-crossfire.142775/