Windows Support Forum

Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row

Q: Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row

Hi This is a fab site just spent a good few hours reading through without realising the time ANyway I am stuck on an Excel problem I have two columns of which there are lots of duplicates in column A and various values in column B Like this A B Book Title Song One Book Title Song Two Book Title Song THree Book Title Song One Book TItle Song Two Book Title Song Three Book TItle Song Four and so on for rows Merge two Solved: a Data Columns from row Sort Excel and into What I would like to do is have all of the relevant info from column B in just one cell in one row rather than a separate row for each song title So what I ideally need is A B Book Title One Song One Song Two Song Three Book Title Two Song One Song Two Song Three Song Four and so Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row on Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row I have no idea where to begin with this I have read several similar Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row things that might help but the problem is that each Book Title has a different number of songs in it Can any one advise a complete beginner on how I might accomplish this Many thanks for any guidance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 106.64%

Hi all I have a spreadsheet that holds sports results based on age groups The age groups are in one column stored as U B U G U B U G U B U G which is the age B or G boy girl The results are in another column stored as whole numbers I am trying to find a formula that will allow me to sort on the first column in the order shown above and then on the second column in descending order and then bring back the other data like the name example Child A U B Child B U G Child C U B Child D U G Child E U G would be returned as U B Child C U G Child D U G Child B U G Child E U B Child A I know I can use a manual sort but I was hoping to automatically put the results in a separate sheet in the correct order Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Excel - function to sort multiple columns of alphanumeric data

You could easily enter in this formula:
=IF(LEN(B1)=3,LEFT(B1,1)&"0"&RIGHT(B1,2),B1)
(where the three data columns are just A, B, and C) so that you get - instead of U6B, for instance - U06B. This allows you to sort correctly by age.
If you want it copied and sorted to another page like that, you really need a macro/VBA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-function-to-sort-multiple-columns-of-alphanumeric-data.933917/
Relevancy 99.33%

I have been entering information into a template in Excel. The template was created by someone at work. This template has merged columns. I had no problem entering the information until I added two extra rows within the template. The added two rows are not merged but the merge function is grayed out and I am unable to select it. What could be the problem and how can I correct it?

Thanks,
Tonya

A:Solved: Trying to Merge Columns in Excel

can you post an example of the spreadsheet

if you highlight the two cells can you merge

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trying-to-merge-columns-in-excel.460167/
Relevancy 89.44%

I have three columns of information. Column A is 900 part numbers with no prices, Column C is 600 part numbers matched with their respective $ value in Column D. I need a formula to match the part in column A with the like part in column C and find the $ value from Column D and place that $ value in Column B next to its respective part number. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks so much!!

Relevancy 89.44%

I would like to merge two columns in excel, to create a third column that has alternating cells originating from the first and second column.

To make it a little clearer: I have values in column A and B

In column E, I would like to see the following result:
E1 = value of A1
E2 = Value of B1
E3 = value of A2
E4 = Value of B2
E5 = value of A3
E6 = Value of B3

The attachment to this post contains the result I want to obtain.

Relevancy 88.58%

All,

First, thank you all for you time and knowledge in advance.

Here's my situation. I'm working with file that is sent to me with populated information, in this example Col A
What I would like to do is enter information in Col B and then do a comparison of both A and B, letting me know if something in Col B is not in Col A and also is something in Col A not in Col B.

I need to know if what was sent to my in the spread sheet match what I physically inventoried.

I have provided an example.

Hopefully I did not over complicate my request.

Thank you,

miketx

A:Solved: comparing data in two columns in Excel

does this help
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213367
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel-help/use-excel-to-compare-two-lists-of-data-HA001103915.aspx

or this may ble closer to what you need
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/174998-excel-compare-2-lists-highlight.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-comparing-data-in-two-columns-in-excel.989078/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi - I m semi-proficient with excel and I m actually working on creating some dashboard reports at this time One problem I m having is separating some of the data from a specific column Let me give you an example This column has over lines in Excel columns? separation Data Solved: this is just a sample What I need to do is break this column out by month and show how many dates are from the last month the last - months and the Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? ones that are months in the past Of course I want the sheet to show this info automatically so it has to know the current date which I can do by placing the formula quot TODAY Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? quot So what I m asking for is what formula and format would I use to count how many cells in this column fall into each of date ranges I mentioned Also I did manage to use the DAYS A C for example where A quot Today quot and C quot quot above This information is in cells next to the above data as follows - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - So I figured out how to list how many days I have since the date Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? in the first column but not how to break them apart within the column Hopefully this is enough information to request some help but if you need more info please let me know I ll watch the thread closely Thank you -Drake nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

I have data organised in paris of columns with differing amounts of data in each column pair.
I need to move all data to columns A&B:

- If there is data in columns C & D, move it to the foot of columns A&B.
- Then, if there is data in columns E & F, move it to the foot of columns A&B.
- Etc. til the end of the ActiveRange.

I've managed to do this using hard-coded column references, but it involves a lot of reptetition.
Presumably the code can be substantially compacted, and work to the end of the ActiveRange rather than to arbitrary end columns (in this case, cols AC and AD).

A:Solved: Excel VBA moving all data to columns A+B

Hi
This will work on the active sheet.... If you need this for multiple sheets we would need to alter the macro slightly. Test this on a copy of your xl file.

Code:

Sub appAB()

Dim i As Integer
Dim lRow As Integer
Dim lRowA As Integer

For i = 3 To 30 Step 2
lRow = Cells(Rows.Count, i).End(xlUp).Row
lRowA = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
Range(Cells(1, i), Cells(lRow, i + 1)).Cut Destination:=Range("A" & lRowA)
Next

End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-vba-moving-all-data-to-columns-a-b.1128060/
Relevancy 88.58%

On the attached spreadsheet, I need a total count of baselined desktops (minus the ones that have been deleted)...my problem is how do I get it to look at one record, mark that that agent had been a baselined one, but is now deleted, so don't count it. I can't just remove the deleted ones, cause I want my customer to know which agents have disappeared. Take a look at the formula in B2 for a general idea. That formula doesn't work cause it just adds everything together. I need it to be smart enough to Total the Baselined Agents and then Subtract the agents that are baselined and deleted per field. Any questions let me know. Look at B2 to get an idea and see if I'm on the right track.

A:Solved: Excel - Trying to count 2 columns (almost as one) to get data for a 3rd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-trying-to-count-2-columns-almost-as-one-to-get-data-for-a-3rd.737946/
Relevancy 87.72%

What would be the best way to find a specific Column Header, and copy the data found in the column until the column header is found again?

Relevancy 87.72%

Can someone help me please
I'm trying to create a form where I have to sort column K then by Column J {A to Z}
my form range is B15 : O55

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-sort-2-columns-in-excel-2010.1126242/
Relevancy 86.86%

I am trying to pull data from an Excel spreadsheet and print the info onto the Liberty Press of Tulsa's Laser Angel Tags (LP-71L).

Help Please?

(see attachments of sample & sample data)

A:Solved: Merge Excel Data

I would suggest that this might be a job for mailmerge in word, using the excel file as the source.
If you could confirm how the tags will be printed (multiples per sheet?) we can help set something up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-merge-excel-data.1133750/
Relevancy 86.86%

I'm a novice excel VBA macro user. I've manipulated already created macros, but I'm not sure how to create one from scratch. Can someone please help me create a macro.

I'd like to move the values highlighted in yellow to the cells highlighted in green...and then delete any rows that are empty.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Relevancy 86.86%

Hello there,

I (finally!) figured out the AutoSort macro, but I'd like to take it a step further if possible.

I have columns A,B,C,D that I want to auto-sort by date (column A). I THEN have columns F,G,H,I that I want to auto-sort by date (column F) INDEPENDENTLY from the first four columns. Is there a way to do this?

If this is possible, I eventually want about 5 groups of columns to be able to auto-sort independently from each other on the same worksheet. Thanks in advance for any advice, I'm new at all of these features.

A:Auto-Sort groups of columns in Excel

Hi Alex,
Welcome to the forum

Is there any relation between the values in each column?

If it's just individual lists per column, you just apply the sorting to each column separately

When sorting you only select that particuler column and sort it in either way you want.

If you take the whole table then then you will be able to sort one column let's say upward and the next wornward but they remain related.

Else just like I mentioned: sort each column as you like but the only select one column at a time but ONLY IF THERE IS NO RELATION BETWEEN THE COLUMNS else your data is no longer trustworthy

Oh, and something import, don't forget to mention the Excel version you're using

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-sort-groups-of-columns-in-excel.1135103/
Relevancy 86%

Guys I have a MS Excel workbook containing a number of sheets of data The sort. data Excel MS Solved: sheets keep a record of various documents received into a department for review Currently there are about document references rows in each sheet Each sheet has columns of info of which column I holds the date that the document was received into the department I can do a data sort on the sheet for column I so that it is in ascending order Solved: MS Excel data sort. What I need to do is to be able to enter a Start Date and an End date into cells in another sheet then push a button that will run a macro resulting in my records sheet only displaying rows of info between those dates in fact Solved: MS Excel data sort. deleting all rows that are not within the start and end date How do I get the code whereby it looks at the value in column I if it within the start and end date leaves it if not then it deletes the entire row Your help would be very much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 86%

Hi I have an Excel spreadsheet filled with blocks of data randomly located throughout the spreadsheet The data blocks are always columns wide and can be anywhere from to sometimes more rows deep The type of Excel Sort Data Solved: data in the blocks is always the same i e st column Description nd column Qty rd column Value th column - Account There are no column headers The desired sort is always the same st sort Account nd sort Description both in ascending order Keeping in mind that the blocks of data can be anywhere in the spreadsheet Solved: Excel Data Sort I would like to have a macro that would allow me to place the cursor in the st column st row of a located block of data start the macro which would be pre-programmed to know columns of data are involved with desired sorts but would allow me to highlight the rows that need to be sorted Here s hoping this Solved: Excel Data Sort description is clearer than mud Currently using Office Thanks in advance MBInDe nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

Ive spent so much time on this, I want to pull my hair out.

I have a pdf file of addresses. I converted the pdf to an excel file (the one I uploaded).

My eventual goal is to convert the addresses into excel, then do a mail merge into word.

I found a tool (via this great site) called ASAP utilities that I can turn the rows into columns, thats easy.

But the problem is, the addresses aren't always the same length. Some labels are 4 rows, others are 6 rows.

Is there any way I can either automatically make the rows 6 each without doing it manually? Or does anyone have any type of suggestion?

Thanks so much for the help

A:Converting excel rows (addresses) to columns for mail merge

Firstly, can I assume that you have permission to use those addresses for your own mailing?

If so you could go back to the originator and ask them to give you a CSV file, or maybe see if the pdf file can be saved as a CSV file.

If so, it would be very easy to bring that into Excel and then convert the file from text to Columns, using the Data, Text to Columns feature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-excel-rows-addresses-to-columns-for-mail-merge.860585/
Relevancy 85.14%

Help sort data problem Excel SOLVED: I have a line spreadsheet that has about columns Most are text SOLVED: Excel data sort problem but a few are numbers The spreadsheet was imported from another application When I try to sort on a column that has size of company which is a number field of number of employees it doesn t sort If I try including the headers it doesn t sort at all If I try excluding the headers it sorts the first rows correctly then leaves the rest of the rows as is I tried formatting the column - first as TEXT then as NUMBER with NO DECIMAL but the sort problems persist The fields in this column are left justified and have commas If I manually retype one of the fields in the column it displays as right-justified with no decimals or commas If I try to use Format Painter to apply the format of this manually-changed field to the other fields in the column it has no effect - the other fields stay left justified and with columns I tried saving the file as a CSV and opening it with Wordpad but I see no suspicious formatting I am at a loss to understand why this data cannot be sorted Is this a formatting issue Thanks in Advance Joe Johnson nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

Hoping to get some help on this question please I have reviewed the forum and found a similar post but the sample data is more predictable than mine and the by sort to data then to Macro Excel date, cell Solved: new move Macro posted doesn t work on Solved: Excel Macro to sort data by date, then move to new cell my data See post quot Excel Macro to Move data in Rows to column quot -Aug- AM quot On my data I would like to be able to take the yellow row and move the data up to the previous row starting in column quot R quot The rows I would like on the same line all begin with a date I don t know how to make a looping Macro that will identify the quot date lines quot and take the quot Solved: Excel Macro to sort data by date, then move to new cell second date line quot and move it to the quot first date line s quot row Any help would be appreciated I have attached some sample data I hope that s okay Thank you Christine PS - The range on data varies nbsp

A:Solved: Excel Macro to sort data by date, then move to new cell

Christine,

this macro below works well with the sample data.
Code:
Sub sorting()
Dim Rng As Range, c As Range, i As Long
Set Rng = Range("A:A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlNumbers)
For Each c In Rng
i = (i + 1) Mod 2
If i = 0 Then
With c.Resize(, 15)
.Copy .Offset(-1, 17)
.ClearContents
End With
End If
Next
End Sub

How it works:
1. Takes all those cells in column A of the active sheet that contain numbers. (Dates are actually numbers, only formatted to look like dates.)
2. In a loop, it takes every second cell of the set of cells selected in Step #1.
3. Takes a 15 cells wide region starting with the cell selected in Step #2, and copies it to the region starting with the cell positioned one row up and 17 columns to the right.
4. Deletes the content of the original 15 cells wide region.

Caution:
1. If there are any numbers in column A besides dates, then the algorithm is wrong and the macro will fail.
2. If the dataset in the second date line is wider than 15 cells wide then the rest will remain in place. But the macro can be easily updated, just change the Resize line.
3. Don't run it twice on the same worksheet.
4. Always make a backup copy of your data before running the macro, because it is not Undo-able.

Jimmy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-to-sort-data-by-date-then-move-to-new-cell.900057/
Relevancy 78.69%

Is it possible to fetch some lines of data from a group of web pages and paste in to Excel?Pls view the image for required excel columns.

urls are,
Stock Share Price dlf ltd | Get Quote dlf | BSE
Stock Share Price dlf ltd | Get Quote dlf | BSE
Stock Share Price jaiprakash associates ltd | Get Quote jaipra | BSE
------------
-----------
up to 100 urls in a text file.

A:Web site data to excel columns

When you right click on the webpage and select "View source" from the context menu - do you see the info of interest; I don't. If the info were there, you could use InetGet. They know the value of the info being presented and they probably want to discourage automated data mining.

See if there is a mobile version of the webpage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/295491-web-site-data-excel-columns.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I'm trying to find a way to delete some data from a column, say column A. The numbers to be deleted are in another column, column B. Is there a way to have excel remove from column A, those numbers that appear in column B? It would require some way to compare, but I can't figure out if excel has this capability. If the columns were small, we could do this manually, but the data set is huge, with several thousand numbers.

Thanks for any help.
-wayne

Relevancy 77.83%

Ok I am trying to print a spreadsheet format list. I have about 30000
title-artist entries in 2 columns. I am basically trying to print pages 1 & 2, 3-4, 5-6 and so on the same page without shrinking them way down. I want it to be just like I printed 2 columns but with 4 instead. I want to use the left side of the page for page 1 and the left side for page 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

A:Solved: Printing 4 Columns from 2 columns in excel

Welcome to the board.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/asap-utilities-excel-tools-tip.php?tip=124&utilities=Format ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printing-4-columns-from-2-columns-in-excel.773525/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi,
I have an excel sheet with 3 columns. What I want to do is, I need to be able to find value in column 3, that corresponds to a value in column 2. The value in column2 should match the value in col 1.

Example

Input Data
Col1 Col2 Col3
1------2------A
2------7------B
7------1------C
5------9------D

The result should be
Col1 Col2 Col3
1------1------C
2------2------A
7------7------B
5------9------D
Please help me.

Relevancy 77.83%

I am having two column with current month profit & last month profit respectively Column A & Column B. I would like to compare both column & set the ICON (down Arrow & up Arrow ) based on result if A1 value greater than B1 set upper arrow else down arrow

A:How to set ICON in Excel by comparing data in 2 Columns

You didn't say where you wanted the arrows to appear, so I'll use C1 for this explanation.1 - In C1, enter this formula: =IF(A1>B1,2,IF(A1=B1,1,0))2 - Under the Conditional Formatting drop down, choose Icon Sets and then choose the Up arrow.3 - Go back into Conditional Formatting and choose Manage Rules4 - Edit the Rule for C1 as follows:----- Click the Show Icon Only box to place checkmark in box----- Change Type to be Number in both dropdowns----- Up Arrow: when value is >=2----- Sideways Arrow: when <2 and >0----- Down Arrow: when <=0 (should be default)5 - Click OKLet me know how that works for you.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-set-icon-in-excel-by-comparing-data-in-2-columns/20422.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi A does anyone know how to search for the text content Searching Rows/Columns EXCEL Data in of a cell through a column and then return the value content of the cell of a certain other column of the same row where the text content was found e g A B C D T XY TP YZ TP ZY P YX TP YY FORMULA TP ZZ gt gt FORMULA EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns quot Look for string TP in column A other than in EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns row and return the value of that row in column C C YZ quot NOTE There might be more than row with the string TP in column A - I would need the sum of all results in column C where the FORMULA finds this string B I also have a similar problem with another worksheet It would require a formula which searches through a whole column for certain names e g quot Donna quot and then returns the value of another column in the same row where it found quot Donna quot the value again is not in a column directly EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns adjacent to the column where quot Donna quot would be found This is fairly identical to problem A except that the search string would be unique only result and it doesn t have to take into account and disregard if the string was found in the same row of the FORMULA the search column would be in a different worksheet from the FORMULA worksheet Thanks for any suggestions Cheers from New Zealand Andreas nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

I m hoping there 2 3 columns compare EXCEL files data in is a formula within EXCEL that will allow me to complete this comparison I ve been working on it all day manually and realize it will take a long time to complete this way My computer is running on Windows Home Premium and my EXCEL is I have two different files and within each are three columns of data that I need to compare They re labeled NC NCI and SECNCI To be considered a match I need all three fields within a row to match exactly to a row within the other file The first file called REQUEST NET FILE has over rows of data so naturally there will be many repeats of these same three fields in that file but each row where the three fields match any row of data on the second file called DEPLOYED TABLE FILE needs to be the same to be considered a match If it doesn t match if possible I d also like to know why This could fall into two different scenarios NC CODE IS NOT ON DEPLOYED TABLE FILE or NCI SECNCI combo not on deployed table for this NC Once complete I ll run the same process in reverse so both files will end up with a match or no match next to each row If I need to run two separate compares one to EXCEL 2 files compare data in 3 columns get the match and then one on just the no match results to find the second bit of info I can do that Or if the second criteria can t be found via excel formula just the match no match result will be acceptable as that will save me so much time I was thinking a vlookup could do the compare for me but I m not good with vlookup formulas and after struggling a few hours with it I started searching and came across your site I ve found a few similar topics but nothing that I can translate into something for my specific need I ve attached portions of the two files and you can see on the REQUEST NET FILE where I ve managed to get to with doing it manually It s quite a tedious process so I m really hoping you can help Thank you Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Helloooo
I have two columns of data. In column A, I need to identify every cell that is identical to any value in column B.

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi Guys,

I am trying to build a spreadsheet to analyse some data, I need to be able to sort totals into time columns,

If Column 'A' is the total, Column 'B' is the time and Columns 'C' onwards are the time slots from 07:00 to 17:00 in 30min increments, I need a formula so that if I have say 10 in 'A1' and 08.45 in 'B1', then 10 will be the result in 'F1' ie the column for 08:30 - 09:00.

Is this possible, would save me an awful lot of data inputting if it is, I am using Excel 2002 SP3 with XP

Phil.

Relevancy 76.97%

We have a survey package which is great, but it out puts the questions numbers over the columns and each new row is a response, however our calculations are setup for the question numbers to be the rows and the responses are the columns. Is there any way to swap these values around in this fashion? Thanks for any help

A:Excel: swapping columns and rows layout of data?

Howdy. You can copy the data, then Paste Special > Transpose

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-swapping-columns-and-rows-layout-of-data.456591/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I amp m trying to work out how I can look at one column in a spreadsheet and display the text in another field but without a load of blank cells in the results column Let me give you an example On Sheet In column A are road names In column B the number of building on that to from multiple one data column 2010 Excel columns separating road In column C the last date and work was doneon the road In Column D is an IF formula thatbasically gives a result of Excel 2010 separating data from one column to multiple columns or On another sheet I want four lists Sheet In column A is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column B is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column C is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column D is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D I can do this with a simple IF statement in columns A B C amp D on sheet and drag it down but there are a couple of problems with this method If the value in sheet doesn amp t match I get a blank cell on sheet as there should be but this leaves a large number of cells with no value I need a list in each column A B C amp D onsheet without any blank cells I amp m going to be pasting different data into columns A B amp D on sheet a number of times and the number of rows in will be different each time I remember seeing something before thatinvolved using the IF and COUNTIF function in a formula but not sure how Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Excel 2010 separating data from one column to multiple columns

should be able to use an array formula - so use control + shift + enter key and the formula gets { } brackets

Code:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$14,SMALL(IF(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$14[COLOR="Red"]=1[/COLOR],ROW(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$14)-ROW(Sheet1!$A$2)+1),ROWS(F$4:F4)))
where you change the red =1
to =2, 3, 4 for different columns

does that work out

see attached

if it works we can extend the range and cleanup the errors

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2010-separating-data-from-one-column-to-multiple-columns.1090901/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,

I was hoping somone could please help me out.

I have an excel spread sheet with a lot of data in columns which i need to convert into rows. The problem is one column contains over 10,000 rows of data... thus making it too hard to transpose manually.

I have attached a copy of the spreadsheet (condensed version) and was hoping someone had some suggestions on how i can achieve my desired outcome.

Thanks very much,

Ray

A:Move alot of Data from Columns Excel 2010 - too big to transpose

I'm sorry to say that this is pretty much impossible as far as I can tell because there simply isn't enough consistency in your layout. If all rows were there and in order it would be easy enough.
As they aren't, one would need to inspect the titles to put them in the right place, but your titles don't always match either. For example your second "Telephone" entry is actually titled "Clinic Mobile", which the computer justly sees as very different indeed.
I'll try to help if I can, but you'll need some point of consistency if you want computers to automate a process. If it helps, here's a copy of my spreadsheet that inspects the titles (on sheet 2). If there are only a few problematic titles it might be easier to correct them manually (or use search and replace).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-alot-of-data-from-columns-excel-2010-too-big-to-transpose.981919/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all,

I have an excel sheet attached as an example. What I want to do is
take the data in each column and put them together into one
column.

In my attached excel sheet I would like to have the data in each
column look like this in one separate column each line for example 1-72-bk-1803

any help is appreciated....thanks

A:Excel question: how would you connect data in defferent columns into one column?

In E1 enter
=A1&"-"&b1&"-"&c1&"-"&d1
copy down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-question-how-would-you-connect-data-in-defferent-columns-into-one-column.934495/
Relevancy 76.11%

I am new excel user and need some help. I have 2 series of numbers and want to compare and merge them into one. For eg. column A has 1,3,5,7 and Column B has 1,2,3,4,5 and my answer in column c should be 1,2,3,4,5,7. Please advise how this can be done.

A:Excel compare and merge data

office software forum [not this one]utilize the excel helpgoogle search on excel tutorials.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/excel-compare-and-merge-data/65618.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi just a quick question.

Have an old excel documnet that i can use mail merge with, and it works fine. If i then add to that document, and try to use mail merge again i get the following error "not possble to merge doc."

Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Mail Merge Excel Data

Try copying the material into a new doc then add your material and then try the merge.

Copy one page at a time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mail-merge-excel-data.93266/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I have an Excel spreadsheet filled with blocks of data randomly located throughout the spreadsheet The data blocks are always columns wide and can be anywhere from to sometimes more rows deep The type of data in the blocks is always the same i e st column Description nd column Qty rd column Value th column - Account There are no column headers The desired sort is always the same st sort Account nd sort Description both in ascending order Keeping in mind that the blocks of data can be anywhere in the spreadsheet I would like to have a macro that would allow me Excel Sort Data to place the cursor in the st column st row of a located block of data start the macro which would be pre-programmed to know columns of data are involved with desired sorts but would allow me to highlight the rows that need to be sorted Here s hoping this description is clearer than mud Currently using Office Thanks in advance MBInDe nbsp

A:Excel Data Sort

duplicate post , please do not post the same problem morethan once
please continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/868445-excel-data-sort.html
I will close this post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-data-sort.868447/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have been trying to sort 5 columns of inventory data in ascending order. The following are the columns:
Hook# (numeric) Key#(numeric) Description(text)
User(text) Remarks(text)

I would like to sort by hook # on one sheet and by Key # on another but when I click on ascending order,
the 3 text columns become "mixed up" and out of order (incorrect description, user and remarks).
How can I sort the data where all the information moves together?

A:Excel 97 / 2000 - Sort Data

You must either select all the data in all the columns you wish to sort, or not select anything; if using all the data on the sheet, for example, place the "cursor" in cell A1. Then choose Data > Sort, and set up your parameters. It should not separate the rows, if this is what you mean, and it should automatically select all the rows in your sheet. If you select only the column(s) you wish to sort, Excel will think you mean to break up your rows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-97-2000-sort-data.67564/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi there,

I'm trying to import data from an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document that already has the mail merge set up in it. Whenever I try to do this, I select the source after which it just sits there with a message in Word indicating 'Initiating DDE Link with Microsoft Excel.' I tried it with the same document on another machine and it worked... Is there another way other than reinstalling Word and Excel to fix an issue like this. I already tried /unregserver and /regserver and also tried creating another document with a mail merge.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-cant-import-excel-data-for-a-mail-merge.333156/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have an Excel worksheet that was created from a csv file. The workbook has the following headings: firstname, lastname, address, ridedate. There are many records with some individuals having multiple records (with the exact info; i.e., firstname, lastname, address), but with a different ridedate because that person took multiple rides during the month. When I merge this information into my form letter, I want to send one letter to each individual and list all of their ridedates on that letter (not a separate letter to the individual for each ridedate).
I am sure there?s an easy solution here, but I?m flummoxed.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

A:MS Excel Merge to Publisher doc - not straightforward process with my data

I don't think you can do that via mailmerge with Publisher and, even in Word (which has fields you can use to do the grouping), the process is complex. To see how you can use Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility for this (the terminology depends on the Word version) with any mailmerge data source supported by Word, check out my Microsoft Word Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at:
Microsoft Word Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial | Windows Secrets Lounge
or:
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
The tutorial covers everything from list creation to the insertion & calculation of values in multi-record tables in letters. Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with it.

For some worked examples, see the attachments to the posts at:
mail merge with duplicate names but different dollar amounts
Access to Word, Creating a list from multiple records
Word 2010 Merge from excel into Table Directory | Windows Secrets Lounge

Alternatively, you may want to try one of the Many-to-One Mail Merge add-ins for Word, from:
Graham Mayor at http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm; or
Doug Robbins at http://bit.ly/1hduSCB

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/ms-excel-merge-to-publisher-doc-not-straightforward-process-with-my-data-1027618.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Program Steps

The program needs to find words in {} in Template sheet
find relevant column in Data sheet
substitute the data inside {} from the respective column and remove {}
save for all combinations below template

This is something similar to mail merge in word.

Thanks a lot in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-to-find-replace-in-excel-data-merge.994574/
Relevancy 74.39%

I am trying to merge Excel spreadsheet data into multiple areas into a Word document I cannot figure out on our Office version if I am missing a step or not Word for into Data Using Excel Merging but Mail NOT Merge every time I quot merge quot it tells me it is merging hundreds of fields we only have about rows and columns of data When the merge is done it inserts one row of data multiple times I know there is a way to tell it to only pull from certain areas like a data range but the selection is quot greyed out quot I ve tried the quot if quot statement to pull information by department and that didn t work either I ve included a PDF of the spreadsheet and the final document no quot real quot data is inputted just to give you a clue as to what I am Using Excel NOT for Mail Merge but Merging Data into Word trying to accomplish which may be a pipe-dream at this point At this stage I m about willing to let my staff hand-enter the information into Word but there s got to be a way to do this MS Office help is no help - they only talk about merging if you are doing a mail Using Excel NOT for Mail Merge but Merging Data into Word letter merge Thanks for any assistance nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

I need assistance with creating a macro. I need to create a lot of different reports but I want the macro to create them for me. Is there way to create a macro by: having a list of data, sorting it all by column A, then copying whatever is the same name in column A (and whatever is associate with column A- to the right) and inserting it into a new worksheet and then doing it for all the different data that is in column A. Then once it is put into the worksheet, to save it with whatever the name is from Column A in the first worksheet.

I figured that there needs to be a loop statement in the end so it will get all the grouped data together into seperate worksheets.

Thanks for your help. I have attached a spreahsheet to get a better idea of what I was looking for.

Relevancy 74.39%

I have a large spreadsheet k rows I have many columns one which is location and one which is parent I d like to sort the spreadsheet so that 2003 excel sort hierarchical data parent rows come before children rows so for example the rows with parent null or blank would be first and for any row quot n quot the row quot p quot where quot p location quot quot n parent quot would be before row quot n quot Is this excel 2003 sort hierarchical data a macro or do I need to write some jave or something For example If I have this situation to start with location excel 2003 sort hierarchical data desc parent othercolumns buffalo small new york rome small italy china big asia us big otherdata colo med us spain med europe europe big new york med us asia big after I run the macro on the k rows I ll have asia big europe excel 2003 sort hierarchical data big us big otherdata colo med us spain med europe china big asia new york med us buffalo small new york rome small italy so if a row has a non blank parent column value the row with that value in the location column comes before that row it would be nice if I could identify that things with no parents like rome in the example actually had no parents nbsp

A:excel 2003 sort hierarchical data

It would be very helpful to see a sample file (remove sensitive data with dummy data).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2003-sort-hierarchical-data.854248/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all,

I am busy creating a new worksheet which contains figures from different years (different columns) the data is extracted and filtered via Pivot Table.the issue is that Column A represents a name , Column B respresents a figure of let's say 2011. Than Column C represents a name again and Column D represents a number again.

Collum A-B and Collum B-D belong together. the issue now is that it is not sorted and i need a formula that will compare A with C to see if this is a match and than B needs to Compare with D and to calculate the difference

http://i56.tinypic.com/34oegkp.png <-- hereby a screenshot , hopes this ill clarify it.

With kind regards,

Erik

A:Excel - Sort,Compare,Calculate data

you can sort the data in the pivot table - if thats all you need to do

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-sort-compare-calculate-data.1017484/
Relevancy 73.96%

I need a visual basic macro for excel that will do the following From sheet ColumnA Select rows until sheet columnA value does not start with REC as the no of rows is unbalanced sometimes rows sometimes rows sometimes rows etc copy selected rows and transpose to sheet columnA to however many rows were selected Repeat until end for 2002 to in new Visual columns Excel data unbalanced Basic rows sheet using Macro last row My real table has rows and the rows are unbalanced I am attaching a test file Please help me and thank you for your support and time Tech Support Guy System Info Utility Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD G M -L V MS- Antivirus None nbsp

A:Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data

Can you also attach a second workbook showing how the data should appear after the macro is run?

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/visual-basic-macro-for-excel-2002-columns-to-rows-in-new-sheet-using-unbalanced-data.1080037/
Relevancy 73.96%

Using Excel 2003, I have names and addresses and some other information across 5 different workbooks. I'd like to be able merge these tables into a single table, preserving unique records and avoiding duplicate records. The format varies across the workbooks, but we can make it the same if needed. Tools/"compare and merge workbooks" is currently grayed out. Can you tell us how to do this?

Relevancy 73.53%

I have been successfully using an excel database to create mail merge labels in word. I have now made that spreadsheet read only (as others will be accessing it) and now every time I try to export the information into word my labels only show #N/A in the fields where the name and address details should be.

Is there a way to get around this and make it work or will I have to remove the read only security?

A:Is it possible to create a mail merge in word when the excel data is read only

I think it does cause problems with the sheet in general, there are two things you can try.

1. create the mailmerge document when the spreadsheet is not read only and save the successful mail merge template. Then rather than exporting from excel open the word doc again and hopefully it has remembered the link and it will be able to pull to date.

2. Alternatively could you have a duplicate sheet hidden in the background of your excel file that literally copies every thing that has a value. and mail merge from that?

Does that make sense

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-create-a-mail-merge-in-word-when-the-excel-data-is-read-only.841028/
Relevancy 72.67%

As part of a program i am working on data is transferred into an excel document with usually more than one worksheet. after that happens a mail merge is manually done to create labels. the problem i am having is that the first time i open the excel workbook i can choose a table and make labels fine but if i try to open the excel workbook again to change the table to make new labels an error pops up saying that word cannot open the data file because it is already open. i know for a fact that the only place it is open is in word because i already have labels open from it, and this operation works perfectly fine on another computer. i am concluding that this is a Microsoft office error however i cant find any other people having problems with this.

A:Error when changing excel data sheets in word mail merge?

Welocme tho TSG,
If word is open and linked to the spread sheet, opening the spreadsheet in exel would evoke the "in use" response. Closing word is the only option here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-when-changing-excel-data-sheets-in-word-mail-merge.1128594/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have data that repeats hundreds of times. I am trying to put each string of data on 1 line.

f-name(A2) initial(B2) l-name(C2) ID#(D2) DOB(E2) Street(F2) company(G2)
City(F3) company#(G3)
State,Zip(F4)
Home Phone(F5)
Work Phone(F6)
Email(F7)

After the data is moved to one line I would like to delete the lines that previously housed the information. The company# can be deleted. I have never worked with macros. I would appreciate any help given.

A:Solved: move data from rows and columns to other rows and columns

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-move-data-from-rows-and-columns-to-other-rows-and-columns.932353/
Relevancy 69.23%

I'm trying to do a simple 2 column merge in an Excel file. The idea is to put both first and last names (currently in 2 separate columns) into one column. There is more data in the worksheet, address, telelphone etc - in other columns.

When the name columns are selected, then FORMAT CELLS, then ALIGNMENT, MERGE CELLS, it comes back with -

"The selection contains multiple data values. Merging into one cell will keep the upper-left most data only"

There's text only in all the cells in both columns.

When I click on OK - like yea, do it anyway - both first and last name columns are blank - and there is no merged column.

I have also tried to use the CONCATENATE function and it works great for 1 cell at a time, but does not do entire columns...

Is there another step I've missed in this ?

Thanks...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-error-merging-columns-multiple-data-values.1018600/
Relevancy 68.37%

I ve been at this for what seems forever so any help would be greatly appreciated I want to compare data from one sheet to another and for any exceptions non matches I want it to copy and paste the entire row into a rd sheet I ve searched and found various codes about comparing columns but my need seems to be a little more columns VBA Compare data Solved: complex I want it to compare columns on sheet columns A amp B against columns on sheet columns C amp D and it does not what row they are in I also would like the sheet name to be included in the results I ve Solved: VBA Compare data columns attached a sample book with the data Sheet shows what data should generate from this code These would be the results because the names both first and last Solved: VBA Compare data columns do not appear on both sheets I dont have a lot of experience with code so any help would be great Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I want to know how i can export the data from Access to excel using Access VBA for the specified sheet using data linkage with access database. Like we used to do it manually in excel as external data from access.

So that the excel size won't be that big and also it saves processing time.

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie here, so hoping someone can help me!!
I have Names and Mobile Number in Column A. I need to find a way of moving Mobile Numbers into Column B - please tell me there is a simple way in which this can be done.....HELP!

Relevancy 67.08%

Got a spreadsheet where the first column on the leftmost side is Column D.

I want to see Col A - Col C as I know they exist but I cannot see.
I move the cursor to A1 and am told the contents in top left corner of Excel.

Have tried Unhide the whole worksheet but no go.

Relevancy 67.08%

Adding rows 5 thru 10 on line 11 I use function, and get a total for column A. When I go to column B I have to type in function again - and also in C-D etc. Is there a way to get all the desired columns added on line 11? I use XP home with Excel.

A:Solved: Excel-adding columns

Just click on the bottom right of the total in Column A.
You should see a set of crosshairs.
Drag it through the other cells that you wish totalled,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-adding-columns.537292/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a spreadsheet that I wish to compare 2 columns and bring the information from the 3rd. For example, if A6 is equal to an item in G1:G98, then the number in B6 should equal the corresponding number in H1:h98. The formula I used is =VLOOKUP(A8,$G$1:$H$98,2,FALSE) It works great except the problem I have is sometimes there is no corresponding value in G1:G98. In that case I would like it to enter the number 0.

A:Solved: Excel comparing 2 columns

Hi Bsoda,

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A8,$G$1:$H$98,2,FALSE)),0,(VLOOKUP(A8,$G$1:$H$98,2,FALSE)))
lol
Hew

(looking at what I just posted, its displaying an extra space in the final FALSE, but its not there when I go to Edit it!!)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-comparing-2-columns.1003722/
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm using MS Excel 2007 under Win7 Prof.
In it, the columns visible in Excel are only upto 'IU', and all these columns are in use. Now, if I try to insert any more columns, the messages comes that "to prevent possible loss of data, Excel cannot shift Non-blank columns off the worksheet".
I'm stumped, and I need to increase the columns further and do not know how do I go about this.
Kindly Help.
Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

I have a list of customer IDs in two columns. I want to generate the customer IDs which are missing in either of the two columns in a third column. What formula can be applied here?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 67.08%

I decided to hide the first couple of columns in the spreadsheet. But for some reason I can't get them back. I tried selecting the first visible column, the whole spreadsheet, the View menu. Nothing. The columns won't unhide. And yes I need their data.

For the record, hiding and then unhiding works fine when it's not the first column.

Relevancy 66.65%

I started out with the two previous posts about macros (post 1, post 2) that move rows into columns, but I'm having a little trouble getting it to work for what I need. First, I'm trying to do a data merge into Word, but in order to get the data merge to work/look the way I want it to, I need the XLS data to be in columns.

I'm attaching an example file that has one worksheet of the sample data (though my "real" data has about 300 rows) and the other worksheet is an example of the outcome I need.

Is there anyway I can do what I need? Exporting into another file or another worksheet within this file would be fine.

Thanks in advance.

A:XLS Macro to move data to columns, delete empty rows, delete duplicate columns

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xls-macro-to-move-data-to-columns-delete-empty-rows-delete-duplicate-columns.1014294/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello. I am terrible with Excel and trying to learn how to use it. I created this chart with various functions but I cannot figure out how to get rid of tick type marks that go along 2 columns that I have. They appear in the upper left of each cell going down the column. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 66.65%

I need to convert rows to columns in Excel like this:

Monday | 1
Tuesday | 2
Wednesday | 3
Thursday | 4
Friday | 5
Monday | 6
Tuesday | 7
Wednesday | 8
Thursday | 9
Friday | 0

to:

Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 0

Is this possible?

Well, that didn't display at all like I expected. In short, I need the repeating headers in column A to become one set of headers in row 1 with the data corresponding to each header name below it. Does that make sense?

A:Solved: Excel Rows to Columns with a Twist

Try this :

1) copy the days i.e(MondayTuesdayWednesday Thursday Friday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
2) Go to the required cell and right click and select "paste special as" then select "Transpose"
You will get the data in this shape
MondayTuesdayWednesday Thursday Friday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
4) Repeat the same step for other data............

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-rows-to-columns-with-a-twist.742146/
Relevancy 66.65%

I am trying to write some vba code to Copy the the contents from each row in excel and make it into a new text file. I need the 1st Row to be in each text file though. So the 1st loop would be A1 & A2 row copy next loop would be A1 & A3 copy. When i paste the values in the new sheet to be saved as the text file I need to transpose the paste so row 1 now will be in column A. The filename would be created from the value in Column A. I have uploaded some example files. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The bonus would be if i could get any empty spaces removed from the cells.

I tried modifying some code that Jimmy the Hand wrote linked here
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/951580-save-excel-each-row-html.html
with no luck.

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

I have data in the following row format:

0 4591 5 4491 10 4461 15 4441 20 4321

The data are X and Z points so the above example shows 5 pairs of data. I would like to place these pairs of data sequentially in two columns where one column has all the X's and the other has the related Z's. I have many, many rows of similar data that I need transferred into two columns.

0 4591
5 4491
10 4461
15 4441
20 4321

Could anyone help me out with a macro that can do this for me?

Thanks very much in advance.

A:Solved: Excel Macro - Rows to Columns

Welcome to the board.

Let's say the example pairs are in A1:J1.

With A1:J1 selected,

Sub test()
For Each Cell In Selection
If Cell.Column Mod 2 = 1 Then
Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1) = Cell.Value
Else
Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1) = Cell.Value
End If
Next Cell
End Sub

gives you actual pairs in A2:B6.

So, what do we need to adjust to make it compatible with your "many, many rows of similar data" scenario?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-rows-to-columns.992309/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a rather large file that I would like to print. I have other files like it that were done in Excel and they came out just like I wanted them to. The entries are arranged in rows and columns. I was able to number the rows and put headers over each column. The one in question is arranged in rows but not in columns. I can open it in Excel but I have no idea how to get it to arrange into columns. Is there any way Excel can do this for me? I'd really rather not do this manually because there are over three thousand rows that need to be in 12 columns.

Relevancy 66.65%

I am trting to create a chart using excel. I have inserted dates in column 1 - they are not sequential!. When I put the data into a chart it creates extra dates inbetween those I have actual placed in the cells. Help!

A:Solved: excel unwanted date columns

not a great solution - but format the dates as text - it should then only show the dates you have entered - and should be correct on the chart - but will be a number in the cells

not sure this is the correct way to go - but it seems to work

see attached

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-unwanted-date-columns.1042508/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,
I have a worksheet if its B column found blank with in the data range then it will merge the same row of 2 to 4 i.e. B to D. Also need the records to be counted of each dept. employees and will mention in the above merged field with adding "Total Record". Example sheet is attached herewith. Thanks.

A:Merge Cells When B Columns Find Non Blank

Hi

Try this solution. It will only work if your real data is exactly as portrayed in your test file i.e.

Always starts in A1

Pattern is always:

Department name
Row Headers
Variable number of Employee records
with no empty row(s) between departments.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/merge-cells-when-b-columns-find-non-blank.1104461/
Relevancy 66.22%

Is it possible to merge two adjacent columns in a Word 2000 table? I know I can merge two adjacent cells a row at a time, but is there a way to do this for an entire column at once?

A:Merge Columns in Word 2000 Table?

yes, just highlight the two columns and then right click and it will merge the two columns however, if you want to keep the rows I think you may need to do it a row at a time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/merge-columns-in-word-2000-table.244997/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am trying to build a spreadsheet that allows me to enter data (steel angle) by individual leg sizes and thicknesses that automatically references the correct weight per foot so I no longer have to look it up in a book. I have loaded the data and built the template, but I cannot get a formula to work that will search my array of data that has repeating data in all the columns, but where all the data in one row has a unique weight. I have tried several commands, and I feel like I need a nested command, but I do not have the knowledge to get it done properly. I have attached the file: Angle Database. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

brian

A:Solved: Repeating Data in multiple columns for unique result

I used Concatenate and Vlookup to solve the problem. I just needed a week to let my head clear.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-repeating-data-in-multiple-columns-for-unique-result.746951/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys I ve been going through this thread and its been a lot of help I Solved: data Checking seperate finding mismatches in columns and ve now come across a problem that i cant find the solution to and im hoping someone can help me out I have a file that contains two columns of data in MS Excel and one value in the first column corresponds to a value in the second column For example - Column Column A X A X B Y A X B Y What I have to do is find if there are any mismatches in the data for example an X corresponding to B instead of A or vice versa Solved: Checking data in seperate columns and finding mismatches or any other value instead of X and Y in the second column for that matter I would need a message saying there are a particular number of errors and the rows in error should be highlighted I DONT need the corrections just need to see where the mismatches are Im pretty new to Macros and VB so please bear with me but i do understand the basics and ive done some programming before Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Checking data in seperate columns and finding mismatches

oops.. the X's and Y's are supposed to be in column 2.
That didnt quite show up how i expected it to..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-checking-data-in-seperate-columns-and-finding-mismatches.782032/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have 2 tables where the id in the main table that I need to match with the second table could appear in any one of 3 columns of the second table. I can get the data by created 2 more tables and making three separate queries. Is there any way to create a query that would merge the two tables no matter which column the matching data is in without create 3 separate tables and queries?

A:Solved: Excel Query where id matching 2nd table could be in 1 of three columns

After looking at the sql, I just added or statement for the where. I used the same syntax as matching one of the columns and then added an or and changed the column to match to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-query-where-id-matching-2nd-table-could-be-in-1-of-three-columns.946075/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a flat file that when I read it into excel it populates column 1 of each row with data.
This data is actually a series of 5 fields that I need to have in columns and rows, that is,
column a1 thru a5 I need placed in a1, b1,c1,d1 and e1 followed by
column a6 thru a10 placed in a2,b2,c2,d2 and e2.
The data is balanced, that ism there is data in each of the 5 fields for a "record".
Any help would be appreciated.
THanks

Relevancy 65.79%

So....it is me again,
In an earlier thread "blue line" I asked about deleting coninuous columns (not being used in a document) and I was instructed to highlight one column, control, shift, end and this has now twice frozen my application. Any thoughts?

Cheers!

A:Solved: Deleting continuous columns freezes Excel

Uh, if you read my post there, you saw that I said it did the same thing to me, so I copied the data to a new workbook and posted it for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-deleting-continuous-columns-freezes-excel.743905/
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm using some software to export payment information into a CSV file. This file needs to be in the bank's specified SIF format which requires all the data to be in one column.

The limitation with my software is that the detail of each payment gets exported into it's own separate column. For instance, cells A1:A10 contain payment details to one individual, B1:B10 to another, and so on. I require the whole lot combining into Column A, running from A1:A65536 (it will never go this far down the spreadsheet, but you get the idea).

I've tinkered with some basic copy and delete macros but I'm unable to make the headway that I need to. I don't have the touch when it comes to programming .

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 65.79%

Help please.

I've done a excel spreadsheet, where across the sheet in a line with maybe a few letters 'x' or 'H' or 'BH' and the next line will have the same. This could be from line 8 to line 121.

But in a column say 'T8' to 'T121' I want to count the total number of 'x's in that column, also 'H' and 'BH' giving the total individually. ie:- x=3 H=6 BH=4 for column 'T' and the same with the other columns.

Can this be done, please.

A:Solved: Help required with Excel adding letters in columns

you could do a count in seperate columns

so
in A1
put
=COUNTIF(T8:T121, "X")
in A2
=COUNTIF(T8:T121, "H")
in a3
=COUNTIF(T8:T121, "BH")

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-required-with-excel-adding-letters-in-columns.403964/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have several excel sheets which accumulate hidden in Solved: lists columns and Drop-down Excel data Solved: Drop-down lists and hidden columns in Excel at regular periods This accumulation involves the addition of new columns Each column contains one or two drop down lists When I report to other team members I send them pdf s of the datasheets In order to get the reports to fit on one piece of paper I hide the unnecessary columns When I hide the columns all the dropdown lists get shunted along to the first visible column This was never a problem until the format of the columns were changed request from the customer This change can not be implemented for all previous entries I now have the problem that the bunched up dropdown lists appear in the first visible column obscuring the title for that column How can I get around this problem without spending minutes temporarily deleting these dropdown columns each time I have thought about deleting them permanently except the sheet is also used by other people and this would cause unwanted problems I hope someone can help me Thankyou I should have added if Solved: Drop-down lists and hidden columns in Excel you hide columns C through F in the test file then you will see all the dropdown lists shift into column G nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

How do I unlock the outline column when I protect the sheet?

Have a spreadsheet in outline form (Data->Group and Outline ...) which, of course, produces a special column to the left of the worksheet that allows expansion or contraction of the rows on the spreadsheet (with a plus or minus sign).

I want to protect the spreadsheet, but still allow this expansion and contraction. However, when I protect the worksheet (tools->protection->Protect Sheet) it also protects this expansion/contraction column

A:Solved: Excel 2003 Unprotect Outline Columns

Yep, that to my knowledge is correct.

You cannot protect the sheet and work in group mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-unprotect-outline-columns.863710/
Relevancy 65.79%

Can there be a macro in excel to find column headers of the excel file in word docs and fill them in excel respectively for all the docx files in a folder. word data/file is not in table format and all docx files are similar

I tried recording the macro but it doesn't work

Relevancy 65.79%

As the title suggests I searched across the interned for something that would allow me to split comma separated cells to columns I came across this code that splits comma separated cells into quot Rows quot Code lt - A - gt lt - B - gt COLOR COLOR a b c a COLOR COLOR d b COLOR COLOR e c COLOR COLOR f g d COLOR COLOR h e COLOR COLOR i f COLOR COLOR g COLOR COLOR h COLOR COLOR i Code COLOR b Option COLOR Explicit COLOR b Sub COLOR Macro Solved: Cells EXCEL: to Separated Comma Columns COLOR b Solved: EXCEL: Comma Separated Cells to Columns Dim COLOR fromCol COLOR b As COLOR COLOR b String COLOR COLOR b Dim COLOR toCol COLOR b As COLOR COLOR b String COLOR COLOR b Dim COLOR fromRow COLOR b As COLOR COLOR Solved: EXCEL: Comma Separated Cells to Columns b String COLOR COLOR b Dim COLOR toRow COLOR b As COLOR COLOR b String COLOR COLOR b Dim COLOR inVal COLOR b As COLOR COLOR b String COLOR COLOR b Dim COLOR outVal COLOR b As COLOR COLOR b String COLOR COLOR b Dim COLOR commaPos COLOR b As COLOR COLOR b Integer COLOR COLOR ' Copy from column A to column B ' COLOR fromCol COLOR quot A quot COLOR toCol COLOR quot B quot COLOR fromRow COLOR quot quot COLOR toRow COLOR quot quot COLOR COLOR ' Go until no more entries in column A ' COLOR inVal Range fromCol fromRow Value COLOR b While COLOR inVal lt gt COLOR quot quot COLOR COLOR ' Go until all sub-entries used up ' COLOR COLOR b While COLOR inVal lt gt COLOR quot quot COLOR Range fromCol fromRow COLOR b Select COLOR COLOR ' Extract each subentry ' COLOR commaPos InStr COLOR COLOR inVal COLOR quot quot COLOR COLOR b While COLOR commaPos lt gt COLOR COLOR COLOR ' and write to output column ' COLOR outVal Left inVal commaPos - COLOR COLOR Range toCol toRow COLOR b Select COLOR Range toCol toRow Value outVal toRow Mid Str Val toRow COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR ' Remove that sub-entry ' COLOR inVal Mid inVal commaPos COLOR COLOR COLOR b While COLOR Left inVal COLOR COLOR COLOR quot quot COLOR inVal Mid inVal COLOR COLOR COLOR b Wend COLOR commaPos InStr COLOR COLOR inVal COLOR quot quot COLOR COLOR b Wend COLOR COLOR ' Get last sub-entry or full entry if no commas ' COLOR Range toCol toRow COLOR b Select COLOR Range toCol toRow Value inVal toRow Mid Str Val toRow COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR inVal COLOR quot quot COLOR COLOR b Wend COLOR COLOR ' Advance to next source row ' COLOR fromRow Mid Str Val fromRow COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR Range fromCol fromRow COLOR b Select COLOR inVal Range fromCol fromRow Value COLOR b Wend COLOR COLOR b End COLOR COLOR b Sub COLOR I am looking for something that would allow me to do this instead Code lt - A - gt lt - B - gt lt - C - gt lt - D- gt COLOR COLOR a b c a b c COLOR COLOR d d COLOR COLOR e e COLOR COLOR f g f g COLOR COLOR h h COLOR COLOR i i COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I have a formula (below) that I use to pull the entire contents of a cell of the first occurrence that appears on a row when one of the 15 cells in the row contains PERM. I need a second column formula to find the 2nd occurrence in that same row. Any help would be appreciated.

=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(N2:AB2,MATCH(""*PERM*"",N2:AB2,0))),"""",INDEX(N2:AB2,MATCH(""*PERM*"",N2:AB2,0)))

Relevancy 64.93%

Dear guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to change Columns to Text. I know that from the last question i posted here a while back, that we could change a string of text in to many columns. So what i would like to do now is the opposite.

Referring to the excel spreadsheet attached, I basically want to change columns A, B and C in to G.

At first i tried using the formula "=(A3 x B3 x C3)" and obviously that didnt work if not i wouldnt be posting here. How would you pick values up from a cell and then use them in another cell something like =A3 which will bring the value of that cell into another cell. How would you do it for multiple cell references?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 64.93%

EDIT Solved Simple SUMIF worked I thought it was going to be a lot more complicated that that I have an excel spreadsheet which has the following columns Condition Condition Condition etc if a condition is true I set that to a if condition for colums Solved: excel columns in status various suming false a then I have columns with status Status A Status B Status C etc if a status is true I set that to a if false a now i want to report for all conditions the status this works manually using filters and the sum on the status bar Solved: suming status columns for various condition colums in excel so I can filter on condition for then highlight column status A and look at the sum and record the number in the summary Solved: suming status columns for various condition colums in excel sheet then highlight column status B and look at the sum and record the number in the summary sheet then highlight column status C and look at the sum and record the number in the summary sheet etc for all status columns Then I remove filter for condition and I filter on condition for a then highlight column status A and look at the sum and record the number in the summary sheet then highlight column status B and look at the sum and record the number in the summary sheet then highlight column status C and look at the sum and record the number in the summary sheet etc for all status columns and repeat for all conditions I m sure there is a simple formula I can put in the summary sheet to calculate these values I will have to de-sensitive the spreadsheet to post an example - which i will do later today nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-suming-status-columns-for-various-condition-colums-in-excel.763882/
Relevancy 64.93%

I much prefer the "list view" in my folders but I don't see way to add "columns" to list view. The only folder view showing these sort tabs is "details" view. Can anything be done about this?
Thanks

A:Folders - no columns to sort files in list view

For list view, you just have to right click on the background and select sort by...

Sort by, Group by, and Arrange by Items in Windows 8 File Explorer

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/15084-folders-no-columns-sort-files-list-view.html
Relevancy 64.93%

i need to be able compile the merge sort code and also be able to measure the running time so far ive reached here PHP span style color span style color BB import nbsp java span span style color span span help Merge sort style color BB util span span style color span span style color BB Arrays span span style color br span span style color BB import nbsp java span span style color span span style color BB util span span style color span span style color BB Random span span style color br span span style color BB import nbsp java span span style color span span style Merge sort help color BB util span span style color span span style color BB Maths span span style color br br public nbsp class nbsp span span style color BB MergeSortArray nbsp span span style color br nbsp Merge sort help nbsp private nbsp span span style color BB long span Merge sort help span style color nbsp span span style color BB theArray span span style color nbsp br br nbsp nbsp private nbsp span span style color BB int nbsp nElems span span style color nbsp br br nbsp nbsp public nbsp span span style color BB MergeSortArray span span style color span span style color BB int nbsp max span span style color nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB theArray nbsp span span style color nbsp new nbsp span span style color BB long span span style color span span style color BB max span span style color br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB nElems nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB span span style color br nbsp nbsp br br nbsp nbsp public nbsp span span style color BB void nbsp insert span span style color span span style color BB long nbsp value span span style color nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB theArray span span style color span span style color BB nElems span span style color nbsp nbsp span span style color BB value span span style color nbsp span span style color FF nbsp insert nbsp it br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB nElems span span style color nbsp span span style color FF nbsp increment nbsp size br nbsp nbsp span span style color br br nbsp nbsp public nbsp span span style color BB void nbsp display span span style color nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp for nbsp span span style color BB int nbsp j nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB span span style color nbsp span span style color BB j nbsp span span style color lt nbsp span span style color BB nElems span span style color nbsp span span style color BB j span span style color br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB System span span style color span span style color BB out span span style color print span span style color BB theArray span span style color span span style color BB j span span style color nbsp nbsp span span style color DD nbsp span span style color br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB System span span style color span span style color BB out span span style color span span style color BB println span span style color span span style color DD span span style color br nbsp nbsp br br nbsp nbsp public nbsp span span style color BB void nbsp mergeSort span span style color nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB long span span style color nbsp span span style color BB workSpace nbsp span span style color nbsp new nbsp span span style color BB long span span style color span span style color BB nElems span span style color br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB recMergeSort span span style color span span style color BB workSpace span span style color nbsp span span style color BB span span style color nbsp span span style color BB nElems nbsp span span style color - nbsp span span style color BB span span style color br nbsp nbsp br br nbsp nbsp private nbsp span span style color BB void nbsp recMergeSort span span style color span span style color BB long span span style color nbsp span span style color BB workSpace span span style color nbsp ... Read more

A:Merge sort help

ive added the new code for timing but im not sure why its not wokring?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/merge-sort-help.659578/
Relevancy 64.93%

I'm having trouble understanding merge sort. Can anyone explain it to me?

Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Postalcode field in an excel spreadsheet that I'm bringing over to word while printing labels using the mail merge except for 99% of the entries it shows the Postalcode as a "0" value... and a few rare occasions where the actual value ex. "44081" came over... all of the cells are set for "text" formatting in excel I don't understand how some can come but some don't or why I get a 0 in the value at all it just doesn't make any sense... how can simliar text entered into a cell with the same properties merge a different outcome?

Relevancy 64.93%

I wish to use a macro to sort and delete duplicates.
column A contains names column G,H,I,J can contain values relative to the name on the row or could be a blank cell.
When I update my data base there may be a duplicate name with different values in G,H,I,J.
What I would like to achieve is to merge the new data to the old data but if the new data has a blank then keep the original value
Please see attached file.
Many thanks
Steve.
Excel 2007 Office
Windows 7

Relevancy 64.5%

I need to delete multiple columns within an Excel worksheet based on the headers in the first row. What would be the best way to perform this operation?

I have been playing around with the code below, but I feel as though there could be a better way.

Sub test()

Dim myArr As Variant

myArr = Array("Test1", "Test2", "Test3")
If Range("C1").Value = myArr Then
Columns("C").Delete shift:=xlToLeft
ElseIf Range("D1").Value = myArr Then
Columns("D").Delete shift:=xlToLeft
End If

End Sub

A:Solved: Excel Macro -> Delete Multiple Columns Based on Criteria

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-delete-multiple-columns-based-on-criteria.835469/
Relevancy 64.5%

Help - under a Christmas dead line for a mailer and it's been sooo long since I've had to do mail merge from and excel spread into word - everything worked great until it was time to print labels - all the names show if I click the "record" button but I can only get 1 sheet of labels to appear?

Relevancy 64.5%

I'm trying to do something really simple, but for some reason I'm having the hardest time figuring out how to do it. I need to select rows from one sheet based on another spreadsheet. This is the schema:

Sheet 1:

ID, Last, First, Username

Sheet 2:

Last, First
I need a way to get all the rows in Sheet 1 that match a row in Sheet 2. I imagine there's an easy way to do this, but I can't think of it.

A:Solved: Merge Excel Spreadsheets

I think you want to use a Vlookup formula.
Look at what I attached, notice that I create a new field in each sheet to concatenate the First/last names into one field....you could do it with a longer formula separately, but I am lazy so I do it like this.
I just revised the formula slightly,

=VLOOKUP($E2,Sheet2!$A:$D,1,FALSE)

I made it so in sheet 2 it refers to columns A to D, then the number in Red ( above) is the column number from sheet 2, so you can copy this formula to right in sheet 1 and change the column number so you can pull in the next column from sheet 2.... hope it makes sense.

if this isn't what you need, then we'll have to give you some code I think.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-merge-excel-spreadsheets.947969/
Relevancy 64.07%

Using the wizard in Word 2002 I have created a mail merge document, by default it seems to have created the data source as an Access format file. I now want to go back and add some more names to the data file but can't seem to do so. Word will only let me select or exclude names for the merge list but not add, I don't have Access installed so can't edit it directly.

Can anybody tell me how I can add names, surely I don't have to construct a completly new file ?

Ian

A:Solved: Word - mail merge data source

Found it ! If anybody is interested you have to open the merge list, select an entry and click on EDIT, this opens the entry form where you can select a 'NEW ENTRY' typical Microsoft to hide it away !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-mail-merge-data-source.423451/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am trying to automate a process for our Sales Associates that will take the information they provide in an Access database and fill the quot merge fields quot of a document that I in Cannot a merge data source locate Solved: word have setup for them on a company share drive I have a basic piece of code in Access that writes a single record to a temporary table opens the Word application opens the document prints it and closes the Word app I have a macro in the Word Document called quot Auto Open quot with the following similar syntax ActiveDocumet MailMerge OpenDataSource Name quot Data mdb Solved: Cannot locate data source in a word merge quot Connection quot Provider Microsoft Jet OLEDB SQLStatement quot SELECT FROM TempTable quot SubType wdMergeSubTypeAccess ActiveDocument MailMerge Solved: Cannot locate data source in a word merge ViewMailMergeFieldCodes wdToggle I have tested this on a local PC and it works great however my users are all in remote locations and log onto the system through a Citrix server I changed the Word macro path quot OpenDataSource Name quot to look at the Citrix drive where the user is located The document opens but will not refresh the merge fields to the most current data I don t have very much experience working w Word or Citrix and I m wondering if it s possibly a conflict with the quot Connection of OLEDB quot The temporary table is just a regular Access table not a SQL table We are currently using OS of Windows XP Office XP Citrix users access the database using an Access runtime XP loaded on the server Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp