Windows Support Forum

about Microsoft Access for database

Q: about Microsoft Access for database

hi everyone
i have question may someone can help me please
if i want make id card for some employer by Microsoft Access is this program helpful for this
cand i make design for id and put it Microsoft Access and put information in it and like this

i think may question is not verey clear but any way you can tray to understand
at the end could i make database by Microsoft Access

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: about Microsoft Access for database

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: about Microsoft Access for database

no one can help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-microsoft-access-for-database.995144/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I am currently working on my Database assignment due in days trying to finish it up I currently have finished making all tables set everything up properly in field propeties and such Now I m facing to the main part of this assignment creating the forms I am required to make a database for Rick Smith of course a fake company so the user can add new customers in new sales and new products in And what I m stuck at the moment is Screenshot of relationship diagram with all the details inside How many queries do I need to make If so what do they need to have Both each In forms I m making Sale form with Sale Line subform Products form Customer form and a Switchboard I can do this myself Do I only need sub-forms for Sale Should I put sub-forms Access: Questions Database Microsoft for others S Should I do the Price of total per items Subtotal GST and Total of all in Query or on the actual form The preview of Sale form is How do I seperate the Subtotals GST and Total from the subform part Are they still in sub-form If so am I meant to make them in the forms rather than making them in Queries I made forms so far just like the ones I mentioned before Everything is working except for Sale Sale Sub-Form When I open a Sale form it asks you to put the Sales Number I m looking for I do not want to do that And let s say I just type and get in there are a lot of stuff which are not required in there Got person s name he bought items but Microsoft Access: Database Questions displays every single items of them I might need to rar and host the data as well to explain this Here s the requirement in pdf http www sendspace com file ewrm I did all field requirements and everything I just need to make forms and possibly queries Regards Maverick The True P S If any of you have a spare time willing to help me out over MSN please let me know I would appriciate Microsoft Access: Database Questions that nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-access-database-questions.502968/
Relevancy 69.23%

Dear all

I have setup a number of databases in Microsoft Access 97 and have them setup as various DSNs on an NT 4 server with IIS 4. (SP6)

Web pages connecting to them all work great.

However, I now use Access XP and would rather not have to keep converting databases to and from Access 97 format.

So, what I'm asking is how can I get the Access XP/2002 database driver onto the server?

I have visted www.microsoft.com/data and downloaded (and installed) MDAC 2.7 RTM but this hasn't added the later driver to the ODBC settings within control panel. I've also tried downloading and installing Jet 4 but without any success.

Would installing OXP on the server help? I'd have to remove it afterwards because I only have the one licence.

Please help me out if you can - it would save me tonnes of time.

Many thanks

Gareth

Relevancy 69.23%

I'm not too hot at creating a database in Access, so I was wondering if there was anyone out their prepared to help me construct one.

This database is designed to search for property from various locations and from various price ranges, you can also pick the type of property, the amount of bedrooms and have the result in descending or ascending order.

For location just use: Location 1, Location 2, Location 3, and Any
Price Ranges use: 30,000, 50,000, 70,000, 90,000, and 110,000
Type of property please use: houses, flats, and bungalows
Bedrooms use: 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5+

Fill in any data you wish, I think this needs to have a query setup?

Thanks for your help
Chris124

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi to all Little background first I operate and look after a D cad package for a company in Philippines there are many changes being done monthly weekly and daily microsoft database scratch access from to the data we use for production Price microsoft access database from scratch changes to materials changes to construction methods of the cabinets we build changes to the hardware used in the construction etc To date I have been using a spreadsheet with column headings Item code ----Date reported ------reported by ---------- Nature of report -------------- dated completed ---------------completed by -----completed by comments Now as this list grows its getting more and more difficult to track what changes were done and when as some items have had major changes or times I used to use a purpose built DB for our customers when I was in sales back in Australia but no longer have a copy of this on my PC So what I figured was to make one myself The brief is this Fire up the program and a dialog input box appears with the above headings and input box s next to the headings The user clicks NEW microsoft access database from scratch i guess and inputs the info date can be automaticly generated The program I use is based to a large degree on ACCESS DB s and has info available from those tables if thats possible for the ITEM CODE input but also need to be manually input microsoft access database from scratch also as the cabinet assemblies themselves are not stored in a DB materials door styles construction methods and the like are however Once the info is saved its stored for later recall as an example the item code -xxx-c- relates to a cabinet say they want the construction changed from dowel joints to a cam fitting this would be entered into the NATURE OF REPORT field In weeks time the boss goes down and sees the change of construction and asks the question WHO WHAT WHY AND WHEN I need to be able to go to the report screen enter the item code and print out or view everything and all the changes that have been done on that item shows the date reported what was the nature of the report and the date completed reported by who and completed by who and completed by comments There you go Am I aiming too high for my first attempt at an access DB is there something thats a template that I can just modify to suit my needs Regards Steve nbsp

A:microsoft access database from scratch

Beard, welcome to the Forum.
This sounds like a nice little beginner database which could probably be expanded in the future.
If you already have an Excel workbook with this data I would start by Importing it.
I would then create a "cabinet" table with an Autonumber ID field and the Item Code as an Indexed field with "No Duplicates" set.
Then create an Append query that appends all the Item Codes from the imported table.
That will give you the start of a table of Item codes than can be selected using a Combo rather than having the user type in the data.
You then replace the Item codes in the Imported table with the ID number from the new Item Codes table.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-access-database-from-scratch.1048671/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi,

I have an MS Access Database. However two people will have to work on it from different places in a City. Is it possible to make the database available through the internet or something similar maybe? Any ideas would be great cause I cant get my head around it.

Thanks guys.

Relevancy 69.23%

Good morning everyone,

My database at work has hit a snag. Whenever I open it I get this error (see attach.) Once I click on yes, it still does not open. It just shows the loading circle (Vista) constantly...

A colleague and myself are the only ones who use this database - it holds 17,000+ files that we have to track. Hers works fine, albeit slowly.

Any help out there with this one? Always appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-access-database-issues.194266/
Relevancy 68.37%

hi,

I want to send group mail to email-addresses that are in my access database, but I can't find a way how to export the address' in a form that I don't have to manually copy and paste each address.... like this--> [email protected], [email protected], [email protected].... please help, I can't find the solution

A:Group mail from microsoft access database?

What type of group mail are you doing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/group-mail-from-microsoft-access-database.646734/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi everyone,

While I am not a tremendously experienced Microsoft Access user, I did manage to set a database password for a file of mine.

I thought this had made it secure however now we have discovered that when the file is emailed to another computer it can be opened without having to put in the password.

I thought that putting a password on the database would mean that the password would need to be entered no matter where the file was opened. Is there any way I can secure my file across any computer that it could possibly be opened up on.

We are running Office XP on Windows XP.

Thanks,

Layla

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-access-xp-database-password-problem.279387/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am thinking about creating a password database in MS Access. Does anyone know where to find a template for type of database. I would want to encrypt it but I have found a lot of software to get the password of a Microsoft Access Database, Is this software good enough to protect all of my passwords? I had bought one, but it seems like Microsoft Access could do a much better job than the one I bought.
Thanks,
Joe

A:Password Management Database Microsoft Access

Joe, are you talking about a Database that contains Passwords?
Which I assume that you want to protect?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-management-database-microsoft-access.802381/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am in the process of developing an Access 2003 application, and almost done. While I was fixing some errors with controls on one of the reports, seems like the database corrupted. Now, I keep getting "microsoft office access has detected corruption in this file....etc". It instructs me to Compact & Repair, but when I get the same error message when I try that. If I open a blank database & try to import objects from the corrupted database, I cannot access/view the objects of the corrupted file from the blank database. Unfortunately, I dont have a backup of the file, I can try to restore to an earlier storage point (using System Restore), but will lose considerable work. Any ideas?

A:How to fix corruption error in Microsoft Access database

It is sometimes a good idea to decompile your database and then compacting and repairing. I had a similar issue just the other week, my database kept of throwing an error "File not found" however i have no code within my DB that searching or references ANY file. I just decompiled the code and it all worked again..Create a shortcut and enter the below into the taget, you can also copy paste a shortcut and edit the target to the below. You will need the path to where MS ACCESS is installed and the path to where you database is stored.Then run the shortcut and it should decompile your database. Once you've sucessfully done that, compact and repair it again."C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSACCESS.EXE" "c:\YourDatabaseName.mdb" /decompilemessage edited by AlwaysWillingToLearn

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-fix-corruption-error-in-microsoft-access-database/19933.html
Relevancy 68.37%

When opening Microsoft Access, the norm is to have a samller window inside the large window pop up that says the type of data base. Then you can click on the icon inside to open up the database. Well, someone in my office closed out the smaller window and I can't figure out how to get it back. I tried looking in the recent history to no avail.

I know this is a stupid question, but I can't figure it out and the database holds my list of clients which I desperately need. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi! I hope someone could help me out.

I am using this Microsoft Access that has a database that is as old as 20-30years on an old desktop. It has been passed down to me for generations that used to work on this Access. Used it as a contact list, and a Report Generator Software that I use to generate a report that I could print via Access. The database is working fine, but is super super super slow! (The computer CPU even have a floppy disk reader, and it takes 10 minutes for the desktop to start. That's how old the computer is!).

I bought a brand new desktop an updated one, and I wanted to transfer all data from the Microsoft Access and Report Generator Software to my new desktop. How can I do this without missing a single data?

Thank you for those people that would try and help me out.

CarleeDungee

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/transferring-microsoft-access-database-to-a-brand-new-desktop.4070946/
Relevancy 67.51%

Is there any url out there on Internet that lists all Access 97 Microsoft Jet Database Engine Errors? I.e. Run-time error: 63933

Tried that on help menu to no avail, paper clip is laughing at me.

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,
Unfortunately i'm not an expert in Microsoft Access 2010, but i've come across a problem with one of my databases that is running on a Windows 7 computer.
The problem is that when the database runs, it has a very very slow response time, yet if I copy it to another Windows 7 or XP computer the response time is fast.
So far I have updated the computer with Windows 7 updates, and modified the registry buffer size to 50000 in the Access Connectivity Engine setting, but the Microsoft Access database is still very slow at loading and accessing the data.
Any help greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Paul.

A:Microsoft Access : database response time slow.

Hello Tilbo7, welcome to Seven Forums.

Is there perhaps something in this MS Article which helps:
Description of the Access 2010 hotfix package (Ace-x-none.msp): August 30, 2011

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/222886-microsoft-access-database-response-time-slow.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all I ve amended the MS-supplied Order Entry database for my own use and for the last years of running my small business Entry issue Access Default Order Microsoft database I ve not had any issues with it However I ran the Receivable Ageing report Default Microsoft Access Order Entry database issue a couple of days ago to let one of my customers know what amount he had outstanding There were amounts in Current - days amp - days He s made a payment today and I ve allocated that payment across several invoices but having run the query again I find that there is still an amount in - I ve looked I m the Order Entry table for balances that aren t but the only ones I can find are within days I ve been into the Payments table the Order Details table etc but cannot for the life of me find where this outstanding value relates to Is there any way I can modify the Receivable Ageing query to include order numbers which show the orders that generate this amount I have two invoices for that exact amount but both are showing as paid in full Any help gratefully received Martin nbsp

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/default-microsoft-access-order-entry-database-issue.4069249/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have an Access Database when I Open it display this massage (
The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object 'Databases')
I search about this massage in internet I found an answer that said open a new access
File and import your database but unfortunately I have got this massage again please help me

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/error-the-microsoft-access-database-engine-could-not-find-the-object-databases.4071032/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am in the process of developing an Access 2003 application, and almost done. While I was fixing some errors with controls on one of the reports, seems like the database corrupted. Now, I keep getting "microsoft office access has detected corruption in this file....etc". It instructs me to Compact & Repair, but when I get the same error message when I try that. If I open a blank database & try to import objects from the corrupted database, I cannot access/view the objects of the corrupted file from the blank database. Unfortunately, I dont have a backup of the file, I can try to restore to an earlier storage point (using System Restore), but will lose considerable work. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-fix-error-in-database-microsoft-office-access-has-detected-corruption-in-this-file.1154046/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Guys,

Im trying to write some code that will copy my access database , tables and data to a new sql server database, ive got the code to create the sql database but i need to populate it from my application

Any answers would be grateful

Thanks
Mark

A:Copy an access database to SQL server database using VB.NET

Google: import access to sql server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-an-access-database-to-sql-server-database-using-vb-net.1045442/
Relevancy 59.34%

Here's the question- how do I open a form in an existing database from another db in Access 2010 using VBA and give it focus. I can open the external db and it's form but cannot figure how to give it focus. I'm trying to create a master form that will call various databases that each have a form. Seems simple, open the master menu, click on a button that then opens the called db and the associated form. Do my business exit the db and am back at the master form. I would be okay to just close the master db, all it has it the main menu or leave it open. Doesn't matter which I just want to open the called db and form and have its focus.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/how-to-open-existing-database-from-another-database-using-access-vba.4070487/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm building a database application in Visual Basic .NET and I want to know what is the equivalent code of this when I want to make a connection to mysql:

Protected connString As String = _
"Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source = " & loc & "\dbProject.mdb;"

Private cn As OleDb.OleDbConnection = New OleDb.OleDbConnection(connString)

Private ConnectionString As String = connString

A:Exporting MS Access Database to MySQL Database

You would have to have the MySQL driver for it on the server regardless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exporting-ms-access-database-to-mysql-database.389139/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I don't support Access, nor have I been trained in it, but I've been asked if I can help in this problem.
An Access database connects externally to a SQLServer database at login time for the application. How do I find which external database they are connecting to? I know that there is a way to go behind the forms to see the source code, but I cant remember how to do this.
I cannot find an obvious User/System file dsn on the PC to give me a clue.
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 56.76%

I have MS Access 2000. I initially created a long book list several years ago. I recently found a template from the MS database for books that I downloaded that I like better. I have tried importing the data from the old database to the new one but with no luck. Both are in Access 2000. I am running Win2K.
Thanks

Relevancy 53.32%

I am working for a company that has four people (four different computers) entering data into four different Excel 2010 files on a shared drive. I would like to create a master file on my own computer for the purpose of generating reports. How do I create one Access database that includes all of the information from the four different excel files? Also, can this Access file be continuously updated as the four Excel files are updated each day? Thank you!!!

Relevancy 52.89%

According to what I've read, Access 2010 uses the same database format as Access 2007. So this should mean I can open and run a 2007 database (with a lot of VBA code) in Access 2010 with no trouble, yes?

So why do I have the feeling that something is not going to work? Is it because I have been through to many Access upgrades?

A:Any problems using Access 2007 database with Access 2010?

Hi bbinnard,

If you have not purchase Access 2010 yet, what I'd recommend is....download the Trial Version and play around with it for quite a while.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/191698-any-problems-using-access-2007-database-access-2010-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have a datbase in microsoft works that i m having a hard time trying to get out the answers to the questions i ask it because i m unsure how to ask My database consists of cards from texas holdem games that i have played it goes like this there are five columns containing flop flop flop turn and river Each title has a card value in it with either a letter or number representing the value of the card and also a letter representing which suit the card is S for spade d for diamond etc So the database is in rows of five something like this flop flop flop turn river Ad Qd Ah s Kc Nothing complex What I want to ask it is how many time that out microsoft database of of the first columns microsoft database are the same suit either specifically or independently I guess i would need to use a formula for this but am usure how to do it Also I want to know the standard deviation between each of the two suited flops happening Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-database.247985/
Relevancy 52.03%

Is it possible to convert an Access 2000 database to Access 7.0? I have an old machine that I would like to run a database on but it only has Access 7.0 for WIndows 95.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello All,
Our company had a photo booth with an F-35 fighter jet at a recent technology show. Individuals were allowed to have there pic taken in front of the aircraft with a pretty model. Now I have over 2500 pictures and over 2500 individuals that need their pic emailed to them. I have an Access database with a name, email address and a picture. Each name has a different image. How can I automatically send each person their picture through Outlook? I would like it to automatically populate a new email with the address and corresponding pic then have it be sent on its way while I am home sleeping. Can this be done? Is there a command that can run a VB script in Access to accomplish this? I thank you profusely in advance.

Scott

Relevancy 52.03%

Does anyone know how many record entries (not fields) are possible in a MWDB file? I was working on an inventory list when suddenly the database would not accept any more entries. I didn't know if the was a limit. Is there any database that has no limit as to entries?

A:Microsoft Works Database

I know microsoft access 2003 used to be a file size limit of 2GB - so would not expect works to be bigger (although, not yet found the spec)

Whats the filesize you currently have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-database.873748/
Relevancy 52.03%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi I have a question database microsoft datbase in microsoft works that i m having a hard time trying to get out the answers to the questions i ask it because i m microsoft database question unsure how to ask My database consists of cards from texas holdem games that i have played it goes like this there are five columns containing flop flop flop turn and river Each title has a card value in it with either a letter or number representing the value of the card and also a letter representing which suit the card is S for spade d for diamond etc So the database is in rows of five something like this flop flop flop turn river Ad Qd Ah s Kc Nothing complex What I want to ask it is how many microsoft database question time that out of of the first columns are the same suit either specifically or independently I guess i would need to use a formula for this but am usure how to do it Also I want to know the standard deviation between each of the two suited flops happening Thanks nbsp

A:microsoft database question

Are you sure it's a database? You'd probably be better off using a spreadsheet, then you could use a formula such as

=(RIGHT(A1,1)=RIGHT(B1,1))+(RIGHT(B1,1)=RIGHT(C1,1))+(RIGHT(A1,1)=RIGHT(C1,1))

, which returns "1" if 2 of 3 match or "0" if 0 of 3 match. Ugly I know, but it's all I can think of for now.

HTH,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-database-question.248430/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I Microsoft database question have a datbase in microsoft works that i m having a hard time trying to get out the answers to the questions i ask it because i m unsure how to ask My database consists of cards from texas holdem games that i have Microsoft database question played it goes like this there are five columns containing flop flop flop turn and river Each Microsoft database question title has a card value in it with either a letter or number representing the value of the card and also a letter representing which suit the card is S for spade d for diamond etc So the database is in rows of five something like this flop flop flop turn river Ad Qd Ah s Kc Nothing complex What I want to ask it is how many times that out of of the first columns are the same suit either specifically or independently I guess i would need to use a formula for this but am usure how to do it Also I want to know the standard deviation between each of the two suited flops happening What I m basically asking is how do you filter each record for items that match It seems simple in theory but I cannot figure out how to do it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

i have the latest version of works and am having a problem with it.

when using the left scroll arrow....it gets "stuck" therefore not allowing me access to several of the fields on the left side of the document

i have played around with it and can't seem to get around it

can anyone help?
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-database.736764/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I want to create a database of Asteroids with extensive information in one or more fields but I can't figure out how to expand the fields to allow this. On my dinosaur Tandy the database I had would create records just like index cards. I loved it. Any idea what I need to do? I've already tried the help and clicking everywhere.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-database.479724/
Relevancy 52.03%

[ I have a dell 4700 running windows XP home edition. It came with quatro pro and word perfect software. I had one HP 3745 printer and everything worked fine.
a few months later I bought Microsoft Works Suite 2006 and installed it. Everything seemed to be OK. A few months later I bought and installed a HP all in one scanner 1600 series. Everything running fine.
Yesterday I tried printing some data from Microssoft spread sheet and I got this message.
Printer driver is missing or invalid. Run windows setup program to install printer software again.

All other applications print with no problems. What can be wrong here?

A:printing Microsoft database

When you have the "Microsoft spreadsheet" (whatever that is, assume the Works spreadsheet?) open, select File-Print and see what printer is selected as the default?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-microsoft-database.472749/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey there Hope someone can help me out having a very perplexing problem that is happening in Microsoft Works with a database that my work has been using over the years without any problems The only way to explain it is that when you work on the database one day the next day some of the information disappears in the report view mode no one is deleting it The columns A to F seem to go missing Now A-F are the ones containing the data I need I dont know if makes any difference if I were to put that missing information back into those cells into columns from H onwards How can I get those missing A-F columns back Works problem Microsoft database Does anyone have any idea why they go missing periodically Just recently after a hardware upgrade this has started to happen I know that the version we are using of Works is Would upgrading the software help this problem Would appreciate anyones input greatly nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-database-problem.730375/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am working with the Microsoft Works Database program that comes with Windows XP. I am listing a number of books, their isbn's and their prices. I evidently punched a wrong button because now every time I enter a new book the price from the previous entry is automatically entered for the new book. For example, if the price for the previous book was 19.99 that is automatically entered as the price for the next book.

It's not a big problem, because I can override it by simply entering the correct price, but still it's annoying. Anyone know how I can undo this default price setting?

Thanks!

Patrick

A:Problem with Microsoft Works Database

Look in the Options of the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-microsoft-works-database.1026415/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have experience with MS Exchange Server 2013 for two years. But today I have seen - Corrupted header information, when I opened program. How did it happen? What to do?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54187-microsoft-exchange-server-database.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I have a large list of items in a database that are numbered using a numbering row.They are then filtered to match certain criteria.So now the number row is no longer consecutive.What I want to do is make a new number row that tells me the occurence of each record happening.For instance,if my database stats at number 3 then the next number is 7,i want to have 7 -3 to give four.Basically,I want to know the distance between each record.If I could use a formula for the whole number row that would take a record and minus it from another?Thanks JIM

A:microsoft works database question

Help me please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-database-question.253761/
Relevancy 51.17%

How can I get my MS Works database files to be able to be transferred to another program such as Open Office or Office? I have a lot of collected information in many files that I can't share with anyone else who doesn't have Works. The Office Database is far too complicated for me and much more powerful than I need for my own use.

A:Microsoft Works Database files

Did you TRY exporting?

A typical choice for database conversions is to export -> CSV format and then work with that
to create the imports. Hint: Export only one TABLE at a time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-works-database-files.207807/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi - and thanks in advance for your help.
When I ask to play the song "When" (Artist - the Kalin Twins) in Media Player,
credit for writing the song is given to Clint Ballard, Jr. Clint managed the Twins at the time that "When" hit the charts. He didn't write the song.

The correct writers are Jack Reardon and Paul Evans.
How do I correct the error in the database?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-in-microsoft-music-database.724597/
Relevancy 50.74%

when I entered my roll number in the following site:-
Then after pressing "submit",it showed following error:-
plz help

I want to see my marks

A:Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Is it computer problem or site problem ??

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/23679-microsoft-jet-database-engine-error-80004005-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Does anyone know the location of the Micrososft Security Essentials database as I need to set up an event trap to prevent myself from inadvertently disconnecting from the internet whilst any update is in progesss?

A:Microsoft Security Essentials database location

Copy and paste this filepath into the Run field, but I don't hold out any promises it's the correct answer.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/185837-microsoft-security-essentials-database-location.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey all. My dad is having an issue with his computer that I've been unable to figure out, whether by my own means or just by searching. He is running Microsoft Works 6.0 on Windows Vista 32bit Home Edition, and is having some trouble printing from Works Database, which he uses quite a lot.

Whenever he tries to print something from Database (or go into print preview) he gets the following error:

Code:
The printer driver is missing or not valid.

Run the Windows Setup program to install the printer software again.
Naturally I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer several times, but to no avail. Also an important note: This issue ONLY happens with Works Database, and not with any other product (Microsoft or otherwise).

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

A:Microsoft Works Database printing issue

I have been doing more research and I'm starting to think that there is just a compatibility issue. I'm still wondering if anyone knows how to make this work with Vista.

If anyone has any suggestions on a program that is an alternative to Microsoft Database, that would also be pretty helpful. It's the only program my dad uses from the Works Suite.

Thanks again...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-works-database-printing-issue.127443/
Relevancy 50.74%

After a major crash I lost all of the Works Suite and had to reinstall it. Now the database crashes everytime I try to use it. Norton intercepts the crash and gives me this message:
OleMainThreadWndName
Everything else in the Suite works fine.
I need some help.
Thank you
Bonnie

Relevancy 50.74%

Since installing Windows 10, I need to print a DVD database that I created on Microsoft Works Suite 2005. The error message I receive is "no default printer" or some such wording. The default printer IS set, and printing from any other site or app works fine. The laptop is a Lenovo, and the printer is Kodak. However, I do not see that the problem is in either of those, since it prints other things. When I look at compatibility for Windows 10, it reads that the Works 2005 is compatible. Please help, as frustration abounds. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-database-from-microsoft-works-with-windows-10.1153754/
Relevancy 50.74%

afternoon techies I ve been having a nuisance of a time with Access I need to VBA not Microsoft my in objects does display database the Solved: access VBA for one of the objects in my database a form to be exact and for whatever reason VBA does not display any of the objects in my database when I open the it Funnily enough it doesn t happen with other databases it only happens with the one I am currently using As far I can recall I never changed any settings in the database for this to occur My database is simple as it only contains a table and forms Any idea as to what could be going on here It would be fantastic if I can get an immediate response because I need Solved: Microsoft VBA does not display the objects in my database to get this project finished by the end of this week and I really need to gain access to VBA Thanks for your help guys May I further add this problem was not around yesterday only upon starting Access today did it occur I ve tried to use VBA with databases but only one was successful nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I have been running the software entitled WebResearch by Macropool on my Windows machine for quite a while with no problems Then about weeks ago it failed to start up and presented me with the following error message quot Microsoft Jet Database Module is broken or not present on your system quot In the days preceding this problem I had run the following on my computer BitDefender Antivirus TuneUpUtilities and SpeedUpMyPC I don t believe this last one made any changes as it was just the trial that demonstrates what the program could do if you purchase it I or is Database "Microsoft your present Module system" broken on not Jet really would prefer not "Microsoft Jet Database Module is broken or not present on your system" to do a System Restore because I spent hours hassling with installing a Roku box and messing with my router over Christmas I don t want to go through all that again I m hoping perhaps there may be an easier way to fix this problem Everything else seems to be working just fine Just that one program won t start Below is my HijackThis log I am also attaching a PDF of my initial problem report to WebResearch as well as their response I would be most grateful for any recommendations on how to address this issue GingerthreadsLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files x Ashampoo Ashampoo Snap ashsnap exeC Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXEC Program Files x Shield shieldtray exeC Users Robin AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXEC Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeC windows SysWOW DllHost exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Poet Where Is Your Pen R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WebResearch Browser Helper Object - E - DC- - -D B C DBEF - C Program Files x WebResearch WRShell dllO - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MIF BA Office URLREDIR DLLO - BHO LMS KnowledgeWorkshop Browser Helper Object for Internet Explorer - C BE E - - B - - BC DD CDD - C Program Files x LMS KWorkshop LdKWIExploreAddin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in - F C -EFFA- d -B - B B B - C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in TOSHIBAMediaControllerIE dllO - Toolbar Ultra Recall - C C- A - f e-B AF- E BBD - C Program Files x UltraRecall Integration IEToolbar dllO - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B ... Read more

A:"Microsoft Jet Database Module is broken or not present on your system"

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.AndPlease download Sophos Anti-rootkit & save it to your desktop.alternate download linkNote: If using the vendor's download site you will be asked to register with MySophos so an email containing an activation link can be sent to your email address.Be sure to print out and read the Sophos Anti-Rookit User Manual and Release Notes.Double-click sar_15_sfx.exe to begin the installation, read the license agreement and click Accept.Allow the default location of C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Rootkit and click Install.A message will appear "Sophos Anti-Rootkit was successfully installed. Click 'yes' to start it now".Click Yes and allow the driver and its randomly named .tmp file (i.e. F.tmp) to load if asked.If the scan did not start automatically, make sure the following are checked:Running processesWindows RegistryLocal Hard DrivesClick Start scan.Sophos Anti-Rootkit will scan the selected areas and display any suspicious files in the upper panel.When the scan is complete, a pop-up screen will appear with "Rootkit Scan Results". Click OK to continue.Click on the suspicious file to display more information about it in the lower panel which also includes whether the item is recommended for removal.
Files tagged as Removable: No are not marked for removal and cannot be removed.Files tagged as Removable: Yes (clean up recommended) are marked for removal by default.Files tagged as Removable: Yes (but clean up not recommended) are not marked for removal because Sophos did not recognize them. These files will require further investigation.Select only items recommended for removal, then click "Clean up checked items". You will be asked to confirm, click Yes.A pop up window will appear advising the cleanup will finish when you restart your computer. Click Restart Now.After reboot, a dialog box displays the files you selected for removal and the action taken.Click Empty list and then click Continue to re-scan your computer a second time to ensure everything was cleaned.When done, go to Start > Run and type or copy/paste: %temp%\sarscan.logThis should open the log from the rootkit scan. Please post this log in your next reply. If you have a problem, you can find sarscan.log in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp\... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369681/microsoft-jet-database-module-is-broken-or-not-present-on-your-system/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi everybody I have a problem with my MS Access and can amp t use the wizard for creating database objects forms report table queries etc Whenever I choose Wizard option to create those database objects I get the following error message Microsoft Access can amp t find the wizard or there is syntax error in the Declaration section of a Visual Basic module Wizard Can't access Access MS database The wizard you need may be missing from the libraries key of the Can't access MS Access database Wizard Microsoft Access section of the Windows Registry To make sure that the wizard is in the Windows Registry run Setup to reinstall Microsoft Access and the compile all Visual Basic modules in the database I reinstalled the MS Access as instructed in the message but I don amp t know where to find and compile those Visual Basic modules I also don amp t know how to get to libraries key of the Microsoft Access section of the Windows Registry I tried to reinstall the software by using two different versions of software CDs MS Office and XP and both failed to solve the problem I also tried unsuccessfully to access Add-Ins feature from the Tools menu in order to add the missing component Please help me ishak nbsp

A:Can't access MS Access database Wizard

Funny I had the same error last night. I ran Setup from the CD (from RUN prompt) checked off the access wizard. Then went and did what I was doing, it still asked to install the feature but it worked that time.

If that does not help the is an MS article, basically, if you are in "Break mode" of a module that could also cause it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208204/en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-ms-access-database-wizard.553449/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok I have one more question-a few people have other versions of Access in my program and need to use the database that I created in Access 97. A few people tried and couldn't open it. Is there an easy way to converting this so they can use it on their computers? Thanks for the help.

A:Access 97 database in Access 2000?

Access should prompt them to either open the DB file or convert it to the newer version on startup. If it doesn't you can open the newer version of Access and go to Tools > Database Utilities > Convert Database.
Warning: Everything in your DB may not convert properly so be ready to do some work if this happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-97-database-in-access-2000.443343/
Relevancy 49.88%

I need help in creating a database that can be searched.

3 Items are needed...

A 2 digit year entry
A 6 digit numerical entry (need to be able to enter less digits)
A 4 digit numerical entry (need to be able to enter less digits)

I need to be able to search the 6 digit number and have it tell me what 4 digit number is associated with it.

I am hoping I am making this clear...

for Access 07 or 03? (the previous version)

TIA

Tom

Relevancy 49.88%

I have an access data base program that we use as our special orders program, we use to be able to have more than one person log into this, but now only one at a time is able to.. The file is shared for all users.

thanks.

Relevancy 49.88%

I have an access database, one of the forms I am working with has a subform. I want to be able to print part of the main form, and parts of the suboform. I can do this by inserting the form key number and the subform key number, then it prints what I want. What I am looking for is to be able to be in a clients record and push print and without having to enter anything it prints the fields in the form and the subform that I have in a report. I hope this makes sense. Is there a macro that I can put together to do this?

Thank you in advance for any help. .
Chad

A:Access DataBase

The simplest way although it may not seem like it, is to do the following:
Create a Join Query that includes both tables/queries (whatever your using), and create Joins on the 2 Key fields (related), this query should then become the control source for you report.
Now in the new query go to the field that contains the data you will be selecting on the form. eg the ID for the Main form

In the criteria row right click and select Build, find your form and find the Id field control name. The syntax will be:

[Forms]![FormName]![ControlName]
Now if you don't already have one, place a button on your form that opens the Report or query, it should only display the records for the selected records.

This called "Filter by Form"
Any problems let me know I or some one else can walk you through, it works I use it all the time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.271656/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am unable to pen my database. It gave me an error message saying it is corrupted. I tried to do repair it but I was unsuccessful.

HELP

A:Access Database

Don't you have any Back-ups?
Try opening a "new Blank" database and on the Main Menu, File>Get External Data>Import and then point it the corrupted file just to see if it can be opened that way.
If it can then on each set of Controls (tables, queries, forms etc) click selct all and then OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.706441/
Relevancy 49.88%

What I have done is combine the Order Entry, Inventory Control and Customer Management databases together in Access 97 and Iím trying to get them to work together to be able to update when inventory comes in and goes out of my business.

Iím trying to figure out how to complete the actual receipt of merchandise on a purchase order in the database. I want to put in the current date or earlier (I may use yesterday's date when I finally get around to entering data) as my variables for the timing to update the inventory transaction table (units received and units on hand fields).

Can you give me the operators and operands in the expression builder and the complete proper syntax that I would need to tell an event has happened and to update the table.

Thank you in advance - you guys are so good!!

Relevancy 49.88%

I have this access database that I from another user which I want to customize so that I can use it. The form has about 28 records with a yes or no fields. Now what I need to do is add more records as I have stuff to add that will require the user to ans. with a yes or no answer. My problem is that I am unable to add more questions (lines or record). Is there a way to do that?

Relevancy 49.88%

When entering a form..the page normally start with a blank page/form..what code can I use in Macro or Visual Basic..to have the form blank..when entering the form..so that you can just add..new data..instead of having to click on add new data..

First, this is really the wrong forum for this question. It should either be in Applications or Development. I only saw this post because I was checking on a post I made here before but I don't usualy visit this forum often.

If you want a form to open ready to take new data, set it's Data Entry property to Yes. (You'll find that property in the Data tab of the forms properties.) If I misunderstood the question, post back and give more details.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by YSB (edited 08-10-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.28990/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an issue with an access database. When I print out a report one of my columns only prints out 4 out of the 5 digits. This happens with 2 machines. On other pcs the 5 digits appear in output of the report. I have checked the resolutions of the pcs and they are the same. I cannot figure out why only 4 digits appear out of the 5.

Can anybody help?

thanks

It may be the version of True Type Fonts that are involved, can't you just increase the column width slightly.
By the way you getter better responses for Access/Excel questions on the Business Applications Forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.686973/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi i created an access database for students that keeps track of their personal information as well as a monthly evaluation that they have to fill out, however i do not know how to create a button that i can place on the form that can allow the administrator to go to each student by either last name... sort of like a search engine. I don't know how to do this though, as well as just making a query that only gives me information for just 1 person and i don't have to manually put in the information in the criteria.. this i would also like to make a button or something of that sort..

please help!!! I'm close but no cigar!

Relevancy 49.88%

I have created a tracking program using access the main tracking page contains name address phone numbers computer information etc I also have two fields that I insert the problem and then the fix then that is printed out to give to the customer whenever the customer brings their computer back in for service I do a search for their account and it brings up all the pre existing info There last problem and cure are still in there I access database would like to find some way if it s possible to make this dump the items to a database for each customer in case I want to go into it again and look at past events Then the next time I open their account the problem and cure fields are empty but their data past problem and cure will still be in there I almost have this program or database to where it will do everything that I want it to do Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks chad nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,can smb help me with sites that have tutorials about the relation of vb.net with access databases or sql databases.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vb-net-with-access-database.879782/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi

I have a DB that I did. It works fine except when I click on a cancel button on a text box and then it gives me the error shown below. Im totally lost as to why its doing this. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Even just pointing me in the right direction. I posted it as a zip file on this site

http://www.geocities.com/jbfen/index

the password is horror (and sorry for subject matter of horror movies)

Listen...I looked and can't find anything wrong with it. I recreated the button (find by director), and it appears to work fine...just tells you the macro has been cancelled.

This isn't the first time I've been unable to find something wrong with something in Access...I'm pretty sure it's not uncommon either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.225858/
Relevancy 49.88%

When entering a form..the page normally start with a blank page/form..what code can I use in Macro or Visual Basic..to have the form blank..when entering the form..so that you can just add..new data..instead of having to click on add new data..

First, this is really the wrong forum for this question. It should either be in Applications or Development. I only saw this post because I was checking on a post I made here before but I don't usualy visit this forum often.

If you want a form to open ready to take new data, set it's Data Entry property to Yes. (You'll find that property in the Data tab of the forms properties.) If I misunderstood the question, post back and give more details.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by YSB (edited 08-10-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.37131/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have this access database that I got from another company and I would like to use it but I would have to customize it to fit my needs. Is that possible

Relevancy 49.88%

I have a database where I enter part number description, and cost. I also have another database that is updated all the time with this information in it. I would like to be able to link or however you do it. I would like to lets say put in the part number and then when I push enter or tab the description and cost field populates.

any help would be great.

A:access Database

you can link by selecting the table tab in the DB window and then click NEW followed by selecting Link. Then search for your other database and select the table you want to link to.

You will now have access to all the fields, it is the same as a table now except you may have sharing issues if the table is opened on the source DB.

You can use this linked table just as a regular table to make reports forms, queries etc. so you may not need the table you created with the same information as it is redundant.

So you can make a form with your linked table with a combo to select the product.
=========================================================
I don't know to what degree of detail you want or how much you know so if you need more help just post back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.228833/
Relevancy 49.88%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey i need some help with a project i have for work.

my boss wants a type of program set up that controls our stock and products.

In this program i want to be able to input product codes categories invoices suppliers stock on shelf and stock on order and maybe a few similar things.

do u think microsoft access will be able to help me create this? or is there another program out there that will make it easier to do?

please help i havent started it yet just trying to educate myself as best i can and everday my boss asks how its all goin.

A:database help access 03?

Access is perfect for this application.
What kind of products are you dealing with?
Do you "Supplier" lists?
Do you have more than one Supplier for items.
Is the stock used within your area ie by yourselves rather than being sold to a Customer?
Do you want Categories and Sub Categories of stock?
Do you have "Re-Order" levels? (Minimum stock when a new order is required)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-help-access-03.707936/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all,

I have an issue with an access database. When I print out a report one of my columns only prints out 4 out of the 5 digits. This happens with 2 machines. On other pcs the 5 digits appear in output of the report. I have checked the resolutions of the pcs and they are the same. I have expanded the column widths in design view and still the problem persists. I cannot figure out why only 4 digits appear out of the 5.

Can anybody help?

thanks

Relevancy 49.88%

I have two separate access database files that I cannot access. when I try to open either one it says unrecognized database format. When I tried to compact and repair, it says the same thing. how can I get back into these databases?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-access-the-database-is-not-available.1169220/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a working Access database on a machine running WIN XP and MS Office 2003. I transferred that database file to a new machine running Vista Ultimate and MS Office 2007. When I try to open the database on the new machine, I get this message: missing reference dao2535.tlb. How do I resolve this?

A:MS Access Database

Open your database.
Hit Alt+F11.
Hit Tools-->References.
It would seem it's missing from there.

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/824259

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-database.780963/
Relevancy 49.88%

We use Accessdata base to keep track of all our orders. All of sudden two days ago, I go to the "main switchboard" and I get a blank order entry form. In that form, there is a small clickable box and when I click on that it says "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: The expression you entered has a function name that Microsoft Office Access can't find. *** The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. ***There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro."

I have no idea what this means. Please help.

thank you,
renee

A:Access Database - HELP!!!!

The first thing to try after taking a backup copy of the Database is a "Repair & Compact" of the current one. You should open Accees, not the database and then choose Tools>Database Utilities>Repair & Compact. Choose the current database to repair and Compact and save it under a new name. Open the newly named, repaired database and see if it still has the same problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database-help.382787/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, i'm new for using database (mic. access)
i hope u can help me.
i'm currently developed a database using microsoft access. the database is about an insurance company. i need to do a database that store the unit manager, agen, client, policy and proposal.
i had build the table and relationship. i also had input the agen and unit manager (UM).
but what should i do now.
i need to separate each agen according to the um and also the client.
i also need to give output so that when i insert um code or agen code, user can see the client info, or the agen info.

please.. i really need your help...

Relevancy 49.88%

ok , i finally got a site , with some ex. for loading jpg into ACCESS,

http://members.tripod.com/accdevel/imaging.htm
http://www.lebans.com/loadsavejpeg.htm
ok now without eating any1's head, i have to create a small catalog, with itemcode and pic of the item,both have to be related ,so tha I can search , for itemcode adn get the picture....

now both of above ex. codes are free and can be changed, so any1 cna help me out here,who konws access in advance , modify the scripts above if they can , so taht I am asked for like item code and pic.......

!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-ex-here-need-help-with-access.82658/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am using a form to enter data that is updated to table. The problem is that the calculated fields in the Form do not update in the table while everything eles does. Can anyone help please.

Generally, calculated data isn't stored in tables. There is no need for it. If you calculate data, you use it in queries or reports . . . when you create a report, you base it on your query, not your table.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.69985/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hiya

Moving Data from a Database into Microsoft Excel 97 Using Fields

System Requirements

Excel 97 or higher

Operating System - Windows 95 & 98, NT 4.0 & 2000, Windows Me, Win XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=43948&area=search&ordinal=14

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-data-from-a-database-into-microsoft-excel-97-using-fields-sample-oct-10.99325/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello, I am using Access 2000 and have created a database with a command button that opens up a report via a macro. I would like to know how to open up single reports instead of pushing a button that brings up every report, I've been able to open up reports that are based off of queries, queries that have paramenters that need to be inputted in order to bring up single unique records, but I would like to be able to just create a button that brings just that particular unique record-report off of that particular unique record on that form. Meaning that for a record that had just been inputted for John Doe on a form, I would like to know how to create a button on that form to pull up John Doe's single report without having to build a query that asks for a parameter. Is there anyway to do this?

A:Access-Printing a single report off of a single record from an Access database form

You will have to adapt this to your own form setup; but it's just using the Where line of the OpenReport macro action.

If on the form MyFormName you have two controls called txtFirstNm and txtLastNm, and in the query underlying the report you have two fields called FirstNm and LastNm, you would put into the Where line of the OpenReport action:

Code:
[FirstNm]=[Forms]![MyFormName]![txtFirstNm] And [LastNm]=[Forms]![MyFormName]![txtLastNm]
Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-printing-a-single-report-off-of-a-single-record-from-an-access-database-form.99807/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have an access 2003 database that calls a VB6 module. The module starts and then I get a run-time error 75 path/file access error. I can execute the vb module outside of access but I have to run as administrator for it to work correctly. What can I fix so that the call from access will execute? I believe the issue is with comctl32.ocx and the status bar control inside the vb module.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/261294-runtime-error-75-path-file-access-error-call-access-database.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I have an access database.

I decided to make a mde file with it out of curiousity. It has now taken my database and password protected it. I never set any password and as such cannot get access to the database.

It has taken my user name from my login, but it is not using my login password.

Does anyone know how I can override this, or reopen an older version of the database.

Thanks

Relevancy 49.02%

i m very much a beginner at access java database help java i m currently working on a database application and i m using access to create my database my instructions say that i m to access database java help create a database w four tables and then lists the fields for each table but i m having a little trouble w the access part of this my problem is that my instructions for the fields will look something like this create table names personID int DEFAULT AUTOINCREMENT firstName varchar NOT NULL lastName varchar NOT NULL i can create the table and of course i can create the fields but i m not sure where i need to implement quot int DEFAULT AUTOINCREMENT quot and quot varchar NOT NULL quot will that be done in my java code or do i need to do that somehow in access i m not asking anyone to do my homework for me i m just having trouble w access i ve emailed my teacher w this same question but i have a feeling that i ll get faster replies here any help will be appreciated thanks nbsp

A:access database java help

Sorry, I do not know Java at all, but I do know Access. Those look like instructions to Access.
The first "int DEFAULT AUTOINCREMENT" means Use an Integer value and it is Autoincremented by the table.
The other 2 mean Text of 30 characters (maximum presumably" but must not be Null ie nothing, so an entry must be made.
Why not try implementing it and then make some entries and see if that is what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database-java-help.469953/
Relevancy 49.02%

Im creating a database to book both rooms and resources, assign them to staff etc, iv created a barebones system that lets you book the room/resource and assign it to a person on a date, what i need is.. if someone can help that is, is when a date reaches a certain point, say 1 day before.. to pop up a reminder, also.. i need the room to pop up as booked if between dates that are already booked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Steve.

Relevancy 49.02%

A Grocery Database that allows you to compare prices for various grocers in youe area including the impact of 1. Coupons and 2 coupon doubling and tripling. Last would be historical data of pricing. From this you couls create a shopping listfor each store each week and predict when prices will be at their lowest and coupons have the reatest impact.
I'm a newbie to Access and had a VB class over 16 yrs ago. I've done a lot of input to the main table just trying to get an idea of how to manage it with queries & reports. Any ideas? I know it's a lot so i'll understand if it's 2 much.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Everyone I am new to techguy so if I am posting this in the wrong forum please point me to in the right direction I am working on a database project that involves skip tracing loan borrowers and cosigners who have bad phone numbers The process begins with a list that includes their names SSN last known address email address loan number balances charge off status and how many days past due After the list is work it gets added to an excel spreadsheet with new information such as phone number accounts that were found gets added to the bal found column charge off accounts gets added to the charge off column track source is added in I am designing a database to help Access 2007 Database keep track of resolved account their balances how many times the account have been Access 2007 Database review last date of review and so forth Again I am new to database and this is a real world app I am working on just started and I am stuck on the table and relationship I am attaching a screen shot of the tables I have so any suggestions and input will highly be appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Is there a way in an access database to not display data that is older than the data that is being entered?

For example, I have a database that keeps track of when users become certified. I do not want to get rid of the old information, but I do not want to display the old data on the form.

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a membership database created by someone who is no longer available to consult. It contains fields to check for organizations joined. The information was for 2008. I am getting ready for a new year and would like to keep the 2008 information but create a new form that clears those fields to insert 2009 information. Do I need to copy the 2008 database and save as 2009. I know this will sound crazy, but how do I do that? When I open the document and click save as it says save switchboard to _____________; save as _____________

Relevancy 49.02%

I am planning/trying to build a database that will track the dates certain classes were taken by users, and if the classes were passed or not.

I am very new at Access Databases so any advice, suggestions, opinions, or help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 49.02%

I am configuring a new machine with Windows Vista Home Basic and trying to access a database on a Windows XP professional machine acting as a server.. this is a peer to peer network..

I am running Microsoft Access 2002..

When I click on the icon it opens Microsoft access, but then I get an error that says

"Microsoft Access cannot open this file"
" This file is located outside your intranet or on an untrusted site. Microsoft Access will not open this file due to potential security problems."

It opens it fine if I copy the file to this computer..

What am I missing???

Both pc's are in the same workgroup and the file has security set for full access to everyone..

Thanks for any help..

A:Cannot open Access database

romlisys, can you create a new Blank Database on the "Server", close it and then open that?
If you can then I would suggest that you open that database and "Import" everything from the copy of the original on your computer (that you can open). You will need to import all of the
Tables, Queries, Forms, Reports, Macros and Modules. It is very quick because you can use "Select all" for each section.

If you can't open a new Blank database it would suggest that you have some "Folder" permission type problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-access-database.811304/
Relevancy 49.02%

Is there a way to check or uncheck references using code in Access?

I have a database that will be opened by Access 2003 or 2007. Both versions will need to be able to use the Access Reference "Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library" or "Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Object Library".

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
Is their already tables set up to use with drop down boxes, that once you pick the Country the next set of drop down boxes will automatically have the states within that, and once you pick the state it will automatically have the cities in that state ect... Also is their something like this for the country's dial code.
Thanks,
Joe

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi folks i am relatively new to using Access Databases and have a query

i have created a form in Access which users manually input data into and i trying to work out if its possible that when data is entered into 2 fields called actual hours and hourly target (both long integers) then a calculation can be done and put into another field within the same form

The calculation would be actual hours/hourly target

Hope that makes sense

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello:
I have this database that I need to complete. I have completed the basics but can not seem to figure ot how to do the rest of it. Can someone help me.

Here is what I am trying to do:
1. Final section greyed out when no is selected for response
2. Change current stage field when key fields are populated
For example:
- When exit meeting is entered, the current stage should automatically change to tracking.
- When response needed is not checked, current stage should be completed.
- When response needed is checked, current stage should be in acknowledgement.
3. Have the BOG and Internal Due Dates Met fields automatically calculated in the background

In addition: I also need a switchboard created but I think I can figure it out. I do have reports I need though.
1. Open Report
2. Tracking Report
3. Completed Report
4. Acknowledgement Report

I have attached the file. Thank so much

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a really confounding problem Situation Small non-profit organization with workstations mostly Dell Pentium s Office network uses a Buffalo server and router I don t know for sure but assume the network is problem database Access a simple Base-T The organization runs on the MS Access databases I ve designed one of which is a reservation system The major tables for that system are the Signups table where the information for each reservation is collected and the EventSched which simply contains data for all the events for the year with event type date departure and return time location program type etc The tables contain a lot of links to auxiliary tables per the attachment The database is a client server design Forms on the workstations tables on the Buffalo Each year I go in and set up the reservation tables for the next year in this case I did that yesterday I first copied the database containing the tables to a file with the name quot PublicSailTbls mdb quot After deleting all the records in the Signups EventSched Manifest and HowPaid tables to make them ready for next year s entries on the workstation on which I was doing this I also copied the Forms client side of the split database changed the name to quot PublicSailForms mdb quot and changed the links to the tables file on the Buffalo This is the same process I have used for the last years Problem is the Signups form Access database problem will open on Access database problem only two of the workstations On the others the system goes into quot indefinite busy quot hourglass Task Manager indicates Access and everything else is quot not responding quot but attempts to quot end task quot fail Only way to restore the system is to select quot Restart quot Because it worked on two workstations we thought perhaps the network was not working properly so quot regenned quot it shut all computers down shut the Buffalo and router down waited one minute then brought the network back up Didn t change anything system still works on two of the workstations but not on the others Anybody have a clue as to what s going on where I should look for the cause of this odd problem nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All - I'm the new girl on the block and any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated!! To begin I'm developing a Training Provider db in Access to hold various information. I've been going nuts for most of the day trying to figure out how to create a search field. I want to be able to pull information by provider, instead of scrolling through each record. This is my 1st attempt to ever create my own db and I really want it to run smoothly. It would be fantastic if someone could teach me how to create a search field.

A:Search an Access Database

Welcome to Tech Guy, new girl! I'm the old girl on the block, hee hee.

Guess what. It's sooo easy, and the instructions are right here:
http://www.theofficeexperts.com/access.htm#SearchForm

Oh...I changed the title of your post. Sometimes, people only have a few minutes to answer questions (usually 'cause they're at work and oughtta be working, LOL), so it's best to provide the application in the title name, and also put the version in the body of your post. Some people put that stuff in their signature so they don't have to remember it every time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/search-an-access-database.230090/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Everyone I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me on with Access I am Creating Database Access an shall we say quot very beginner quot I think I did ok for the small stuff but there are a few problems that I m having also I have a few questions for some other tables forms amp reports that I would like to create Question on the form I keep Creating an Access Database getting this error message when I use the switchboard to use this form quot The field project information Project Name can not contain a NULL value because the Required property for this filed is set to True Enter a value in to this filed quot I have cheeked everywhere I know to find it but I do not see it anywhere If I just enter it the information in the spreadsheet it will do fine but it won t let me use the form Question can you send an email to alert someone from access I want to set up a form for ordering amp if there is something that we do not have I want to be able to send an email to the person responsible for that product to let them know we need it Question is there somewhere I can get live help with Access database to help me through this Thanks in advance for your help nbsp