Windows Support Forum

Computer Beeps continuously unless CPU is unplugged

Q: Computer Beeps continuously unless CPU is unplugged

Hi,

Just building a new system today, its running a i7 930, anyway if I have the processor plugged in all the fans start and lights come on, but the fan are not at full speed and then I get continuous short beeps. If I unplug the processor all the fans run at full speed and I get no beep. I have already swapped out the PSU with a known working PSU and still got the same result. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer Beeps continuously unless CPU is unplugged

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer Beeps continuously unless CPU is unplugged

I believe that, in order for anyone to be able to help, they need to know a few more things.
At the very least , which Motherboard or which BIOS does your MOBO have?
To quote from the website pcapprentice,"Computer beep codes run in a sequence and need to be identified as such. Whether they
are long or short beeps you have to determine where the sequence ends and the next begins. While the
sequence is continuous there is a slight pause between the series of computer beep codes"
You can buy a POST Diagnostics Card to get a readout, if you can't determine the number of beeps.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158065&Tpk=bios post card
It might also be helpful to know what else is connected to the MOBO--graphics card, RAM, etc.?
With luck, it could be something really simple, like you don't have a GPU plugged in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-beeps-continuously-unless-cpu-is-unplugged.145276/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a toshiba labtop which i was using this morning to listen to online radio. all of a sudden it started beeping continuously without stopping. everything works normal but still the beeps continues.

the beeps start when the windows 7 logo is begining to form when u start the computer and continues even after login in. there is no sign that it is the a locked key since all key on the keyboard works very fine and you can use the computer to access the internet and do what ever you want to do but the beeps does not stop.

when you boot to safe mode the beeps stop but once you boot to normal windows and the beeps starts.

can someone help me out please

A:Solved: Computer beeps continuously even

Howdy,

Are the beeps long or short or both ...does it have a pattern

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-beeps-continuously-even.1058679/
Relevancy 79.12%

my computer do not turn on just beeps continuously,i made a mistake taking out the processor , i pulled out and i broke it, and then i buy a new one the Same One But A New one and its corrected installed , but the computer dont turn on just beep continuously, and the monitor i think is not detected !! if anyone know what can i do i really appreciate that !!! thanks !! i Have a
Emachines W3118 AMD Sempron 3100+Processor1.8 GHz/ 256 KB L2 Cahe/1600 MHz System Bus

A:My Computer Does Not Turn on, Just Beeps continuously

Nearly every motherboard has beep codes that tell you what is wrong. Look for a very good recent list by Tedster, which will tell you what is wrong with the computer or motherboard, based on the beep codes or beep pattern.
Often the continuous beep shows an failure of the CPU, or the CPU socket. Are you certain all pins are in, and none are bent?
EMachines W3118 sold at Wal-Mart is one of the 14 models with a very high motherboard failure rate. This could mean your motherboard is dead. It is $177.50, plus shipping, to replace it.
Look at Tedsters list for beep codes related to that board. I cannot remember if he included eMachines codes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-does-not-turn-on-just-beeps-continuously.107040/
Relevancy 79.12%

did have a quick look through forums nothing seems to be exactly like this It s more of a blip than a beep shorter beeps Computer continuously then freezes than the standard beep when the computer starts Randomly it seems when im already started up using windows and the computers behaved so far it will either make one single blip from the tower and the little red light will start flashing and it will freeze for about seconds until the light rrturns to normal its doing it now continuously blip in rhythm the flashing light with the blips and freeze for anywhere up to a few minutes then returns to normal blip in no particular pattern go a little mental light and all freeze and i generally restart the computer once i get bored which is at about minutes twice when its done this it hasnt read the hard drive on start up and therefore cant boot after a lot of swearing Computer beeps continuously then freezes and some luck it starts up and does read it Computer beeps continuously then freezes when i say freeze it first freezes the screen - the mouse still rolls around but in an hourglass Computer beeps continuously then freezes and it doesnt register any button clicks until after the freeze as if its just running ridiculously slowly - then it will completely freeze and the mouse wont even move anti-virus and anto-rootkit scan came up clean though im assuming this is something to do with the hardware since the sound is coming from the tower itself Ive defraged the hard drives which needed doing anyway Its a massive annoyance and i dont know if it means part of the hardware is dying in which case i d really like to know in advance given how much i rely on this computer Does anyone speak in bleep any suggestions are appreciated nbsp

A:Computer beeps continuously then freezes

One of the usual suspects is the hard drive -- possibly it's starting to fail.
Back up all your data to another drive or to DVD just in case it is failing.
Then test the drive with the drive-maker's diagnostic software.
Links here: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-beeps-continuously-then-freezes.975052/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey guys i need someones help anybody any suggestions i will take as i continuously .... beeps PLS HELP just ANYBODY Wont turn Computer on... have other working computers with parts to pull out My comp wont start nothing on screen says no signal cpu runs gpu runs well spins i think harddisk runs and cd and dvd drive flash like the reading light Long beeps keep going dont think its a bios beep or watever like no point counting The computer seems to restart and a beep restart and beep process goes on till i pull the plug If it helps this is wat i did i changed the graphics card from a gs agp Computer Wont turn on... just beeps continuously .... HELP PLS ANYBODY - gt agp then i wanted to add mb Ram but i cudnt get the stick in It had x mb previously and took it out to read the label and put them back in I think this might be the problem it seemed real dusty around it and i might have shoved some dust into the slot A BRIEF HISTORY OF MY SCREWD UP COMP I bought it on eBay and it was not really working fine Like when i restart it says DISK BOOT FAILURE PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK and i have to repair the current version of install and go thru the whole processs like formatting in order to get into xp But i found out that the problem was prolly due to the xp version being a upgrade not full install cd and that every time i restarted the older WIN was trying to boot up which is why i was doing a complete format Please tell me anything you know to be helpful Here s the specs Gigabyte GA-K NS AMD x mb Ram PC gb WD HD GS innovision nbsp

A:Computer Wont turn on... just beeps continuously .... HELP PLS ANYBODY

its can be your RAM, pull them out and click again back, chek of there are in good position... try connect them separate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-turn-on-just-beeps-continuously-help-pls-anybody.74847/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello, so i was about to do a factory restore on my computer later in the day, but i was unlucky that the computer stopped working When i turn it on it continuously beeps and won`t turn on, i have picked the option to `start windows normally` and even the option that checks/diagnoses the files (to fix the problem not letting me startup) but when it says `loading files` it starts beeping again and the process stops..Someone please help me with this? I also read that it `could` be a problem with the RAM, but maybe that was for a different problem or so, but if it is a problem with the RAM, then how can i fix it?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Computer continuously beeps at start-up but won`t turn on (C...

Hello Cosmic_Wolf,

I understand that you are having beeps at startup.

You may try to reseat the ram.

Remove the ram and reinsert.

Also do a hard reset.
Turn the computer off.
Remove the power cable and the battery.
Hold down the power button for 15 sec while booth power sources are removed.

This should reset the hardware in the computer.

As you turn it back on tap the F10 key. This will load BIOS setup utility.
Press F9 to load defaults.
Press F10 to save and exit.

When the computer boots back up, check to see if everything is working.

Let me know how everything goes.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Computer-continuously-beeps-at-start-up-but-won-t-turn-on/td-p/2876659
Relevancy 77.4%

Earlier today I was surfing the internet when my computer suddenly made 2 beeps. Over the course of the next hour it continued making the same 2 beeps at intervals of approximately 5-10 minutes. I decided to turn off the computer and unplug it and, whilst waiting to plug it back in, I was surprised to hear the computer make the same two beeps! I carried on waiting and the computer continued to make the same 2 beeps every 5-10 minutes despite being disconnected from the mains.

At present the computer is still doing the 2 beeps every 5-10 mins regardless of whether it is on, off or unplugged. I'm not 100% sure where the noise is coming from but i'm guessing its the motherboard?

Can anyone offer any help as to what is causing the beeps and how to stop it?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi Guys,
I am facing a problem, since I installed windows 7 on my old pc (Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, DG41CN Motherboard).

Whenever I play any song or video, my playback devices starts behaving ridiculous. Playback devices (Speakers) are being unplugged continuously.

I have installed all updated drivers too. But it didn't helps

Can you help me to sort this out?

*sorry for my english

A:Playback devices (Speakers) being unplugged continuously

As you apparently have an Intel motherboard, are you using the Intel supplied sound drivers for your specific motherboard? If not, that is the first step. If no Windows 7 drivers are listed, Vista drivers will work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/299528-playback-devices-speakers-being-unplugged-continuously.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have Pavillion g - us notebook Sometimes back it started beeping on startup continuously I re-imaged to factory setting but stil the same continuously beeps and on laptop startup then starts after I... issue nbsp Here are my observations laptop continuously beeps on startup and then starts after I... on different scenarios nbsp When its beeping and I press Enter key it starts up but the behaviour is same as in point below When I hard shutdown and restart it asks for Start Windows Normally When I select it it starts up without beeping After Windows has started if I choose to put it to sleep mode and then switch it on it hangs for sometimes and then laptop continuously beeps on startup and then starts after I... crashes with blus screen The blue screen shows BUGCODE USB DRIVER nbsp I disabled all the USB drivers listed in Device Manager I started the laptop with Start Windows Normally and then put it to sleep mode I switched it on and nothing but just a blank screen When I put it to hybernate and then switch it on it beeps and then a blank screen I removed the back cover and reseated the RAM as well but no luck When I start in safe mode no beeps and it starts smoothly nbsp I ran system diagnostics everything is laptop continuously beeps on startup and then starts after I... OK nbsp No idea what's really wrong with it Please help me nbsp Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-continuously-beeps-on-startup-and-then-starts-after-I/td-p/5788581
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Studio 1555 which has suddenly stopped booting up and sounds two beeps continuously.
I interchanged the memory modules and also exchanged them for new modules but without  any effect.  I have also changed the CMOS battery.
Any assistance to resolve this problem would be appreciated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982542
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello Thanks for being available to help My problem is my Acer laptop suddenly froze after hitting the back button to revisit a web page Acer beeps Laptop then and freezes continuously Then a LOUD continuous beep occurred I thought the laptop was going to explode I tried to use control-alt-delete and even the off button but nothing happened- until i removed the battery After putting the battery in seconds later the scan disk scanned Acer Laptop freezes and then beeps continuously and no problems Does my laptop have a virus Acer Laptop freezes and then beeps continuously DDS Ver - - - FAT x Run by Jennii at Acer Laptop freezes and then beeps continuously on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Windows Live OneCare On-access scanning enabled Updated FW Windows Live OneCare Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live OcHealthMon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Acer Empowering Technology Acer Empowering Framework Launcher exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Jennii Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www ixquick com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp global acer com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks H - No File mWinlogon SFCDisable x BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll TB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun ccleaner quot c program files ccleaner CCleaner exe quot AUTO uRun EasyLinkAdvisor quot c program files linksys easylink advisor LinksysAgent exe quot startup uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe mRun LaunchApp mRun IMJPMIG quot c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun MSPY quot c windows system ime pintlgnt ImScInst exe quot SYNC mRun PHIME ASync quot c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE quot SYNC mRun PHIME A quot c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE quot IMEName mRun ePower DMC c acer empowering technology epower ePower DMC exe mRun SynTPEnh quot c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe quot mRun LManager quot c progra launch LManager exe quot mRun eRecoveryService quot c acer empowering technology erecovery eRAgent exe quot mRun OneCareUI quot c program files microsoft windows onecare live winssnotify exe quot mRun HPDJ Taskbar Utility c w... Read more

A:Acer Laptop freezes and then beeps continuously

Hi Jennii,

Yes, this system is quite infected. If you still require assistance, please run new scans with dds.scr and gmer.exe and post them in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/acer-laptop-freezes-and-then-beeps-continuously-372079.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Suddenly my computer beeps constantly at startup. It freezes at the 'ASUS' screen. I thought that there may be a sticky key....but I don't see anything stuck and I wiggled each key (i case I could free it - even though I can't visually see anything). I have to shut down my laptop because I can't get past that screen. Any suggestions?

A:At startup, windows stuck and continuously beeps

Try to reseat RAM and video card (if any).
Try starting computer with 1 RAM stick at a time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373574/at-startup-windows-stuck-and-continuously-beeps/
Relevancy 65.36%

Starting a few days ago, when I press the ON button to start my eMachines T3256, nothing appears on the monitor. The computer starts a beeping sound as follows: high-pitched "beep" of 1-2 second duration at 3-4 second intervals.

Searching online (on another computer) for a solution indicated that such a Beep code might mean the system was overheating. So I took the cover off the computer, cleaned out some dust, and started it up again. The 3 fans I could see were all working, but the same "beeping" noise started and still nothing on the monitor (the monitor power light is on).

I'm not sure what to do next and would appreciate any help with this.

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi
I have Inspiron 15z, and it doesn't boot at all. The display remains blank and I get a sound of 3 beeps after some time and the beeps continue. What is the solution?

A:The laptop doesn't boot and makes 3 beeps continuously

Hi BAINZ89,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
3 beeps usually indicates an issue with the motherboard.
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19977506
Relevancy 64.5%

My dell vostro 2520 service tag : <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> ,
Not boots either by F12 or F2 keys or into Windows 10 , screen dosent turn on only
It gives 3 beep error code , Please help

A:Vostro 2520 not turning on : Giving 3 beeps , continuously

This beep sequence means the mainboard is bad - you'll need to replace the board.
www.ebay.com/.../351601505298

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997383
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey,I have an HP Pavilion a610n which is 6 years old. It has windows xp and the rest of the specs can be found here.9 out of 10 times on start up it just beeps rapid fire continuously and doesn't stop until I unplug it. I've let it go for over a minute. Both fans inside turn on so I'm not sure if its a cooling issue.My first guess was the ram. I had extra ram sitting around and threw that in, but it still made the same noise. I also took out the ram and started it and the computer only beeped once, which is what I expected, so I'm assuming the ram is not the problem. The times that it does start, it works fine. No slow-downs or anything.I've searched around for a while (google and here) and can't find any answers.Thanks in advance!Gleb

A:HP desktop continuously beeps on start up-blank screen

You have an Award BIOS.http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...p;lang=en#N1520You need to look up the beep code which you hear to ascertain what the system is trying to tell you.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303457/hp-desktop-continuously-beeps-on-start-up-blank-screen/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,
I have a dell Inspiron 15 N5010 which is about 4 years old. It was working properly, but suddenly it went off and when i restarted it, there was nothing which appeared on screen, but  there was a beep sound which went on until i turned my laptop off. Even the startup screen didnt appeared during this. The power button lights up, fan is running, but the screen is not coming up.
I have noticed one thing also, if i put it on for long time, so that it gains enough heat due to constatnt running and then I restart it, the screen will come. and after sometime, the screen distorts and after few seconds, the laptop screen turns black and the beep sound appears which start crying until i turn laptop off.
Thanks in advance for any help that is actually helpful.

A:Dell Inspiron 15 N5010 Beeps on startup continuously and wont show screen

Hi letsrock35 ,
I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to switch ON the system properly without beeps.

Switch off the computer.
Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
Remove the battery from the computer.
Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
Then connect back all the peripherals and check if you are able to turn on the system properly without beeps.

Also, I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.
http://dell.to/164l6g4
Please let us know the number of beep codes you receive they should beep in a pattern. In addition, connect an external display to check if the issue reoccurs.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19542064
Relevancy 50.31%

When i booted up a client's computer, i noticed that it displayed a screen about the C:\WINDOWS\System32\config\system being corrupt thinking hat it was a computer he just bought at a shop like Futureshop, i replaced the corrupt registry file with a generic one. HOwever, aparently he bought his computer from the place he works at. Now, when the computer starts, lsass.exe displays the error "When trying to update a password, this return status indicates that the value provided as the current password is not correct." Some help please? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-dead-lsass-exe-causing-computer-to-restart-continuously.777936/
Relevancy 48.59%

Today, I turned on my computer, then, it turned itself off, then booted again. I watched for a couple minutes, and it kept booting itself before reaching the welcome screen.What could be wrong? I am able to boot with safe mode.

A:Computer Continuously Boots Self

In safe mode go to System Properties - Advanced - Startup & Recovery Settings and uncheck "automatically restart". Also in safe mode, Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388297/computer-continuously-boots-self/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey Tech Support Guy I ve owned a Dell XPS for a good four or five years now I ve had my ups and downs with the system and it was fairly crippled after my Dad tried to download a Registry program of some sort This wound up crippling my computer by disabling it s ability to play sound or recognizing my CD-Drive and DVD-Drive After some time the sound began working again My CD-Drive and DVD-Drives are now functioning as well although not ideally I have to go to My Computer and select different drives than what they used to be D and E now became G and H However D and E are still listed and such But besides this the computer hasn t had much problems With that bit of history out of the way now to my current problem Not Continuously Reboots Computer knowing the chaos that went with it I installed SP a week or so ago in order to see if I could get a MMO to function Nothing was wrong until tonight when I was browsing the internet with Google Chrome and my computer was hit with a Blue Screen of Death Unfortunately I panicked and restarted the computer before writing down what the exact error message was Now whenever my computer starts it explains that it had to shutdown unexpectedly and gives me options as to how to start it up again Three of these include Safe Mode Some of the time when I try this it gets caught up on the last line and Computer Continuously Reboots the computer freezes Computer Continuously Reboots Other times the computer simply reboots again The other two options are to start Windows with it s last working settings or to start Windows normally Both of these simply cause Windows to reboot itself again At times-- usually when I let my computer sit for a while I get the following Blue Screen Problem been detected text PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA FIrst time if Computer Continuously Reboots problems continue text STOP x xD A B x x x I ve been trying my best to Google and research and these usually lead me to the use of the Recovery Console I do have a Reinstallation CD for Windows XP that came with the computer Windows XP was pre-installed but due to the above problems I can t get my computer to recognize the CD-Drives At least I don t think I can I have tried to move the CD and DVD Drives boot order to highest priority but nothing has changed So at this point I m at a loss of what to do which is why I ve turned to these forums for any help you can give me I ll check back on this topic at least a few times a day and try to provide whatever information you need and take any steps you need me to take Thank you very much in advance nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello! I purchased a brand new Sony VAIO notebook not a month and a half ago. I put it into hibernate mode and in the middle of the night it began making start up noises, so I opened the screen. When I opened the screen it brought up a blue Vista screen that stated upgrades had not been configured properly and not to shut down the computer. Then it proceeds to shut down the computer and promptly restart it. If you keep the computer on it will just continue in this manner over and over and over. I finally had to force shut it down just to get it to stop. What is happening?? Its brand new!! Is it a virus??

Relevancy 48.59%

My computer has gone schizo on me and now I m looking for ideas opinions The Problem several days back on startup the computer got as far as the Windows logo screen then suddenly restarted On the second start attempt I got an quot overclocking failed quot message with the option to go into the Continuously Restarts Computer BIOS to change settings to default My computer is not overclocked All BIOS settings appeared normal After exiting the BIOS without making changes it again got as far as the Windows logo screen before restarting THIS time it went to the screen telling me that the last Windows startup had a problem and gave me the option to go Computer Restarts Continuously to Safe Mode use the last known good config or start windows normally I could get into Safe Mode ok but didn Computer Restarts Continuously t have time to troubleshoot so I shut the computer down normally A few days later I tried to start the computer again thinking I could go back to Safe Mode and troubleshoot run a virus scan etc This time though the computer began restarting continuously after it s initial power-on checks where it shows the processor RAM etc before it starts loading Windows So the Safe Mode option seems to be out for me now The System Built in Pentium GHz clock speed Gig RAM MB DIMMs Windows XP Pro ASUS P C -E motherboard Radeon XT video card W power supply Soundblaster Audigy ZS Gig Seagate hard drive Prior to this problem the anti-virus was up to date full system scans run monthly mini-scans run daily Personally I suspect the power supply or some other hardware failure but thought I d throw this one out there and see what other folks thought as I haven t yet had time to go any further with this Thanks for any info suggestions you might provide nbsp

A:Computer Restarts Continuously

Yes, the first thing that came to mind is your PSU. You could test with a digital multimeter.

Also, another thing it can be is corrupted memory. Run Memtest on your RAM. The good thing about this test is that it starts as soon as you boot up so you don't need to worry about Safe or Normal Mode.

Read this link first: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Here is what I tell people:

1. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD (follow link instructions).

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-continuously.126060/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there I posted something Restarts Continuously Computer yesterday about my computer continuously restarting I think i should Computer Continuously Restarts start a new topic since i think i m close to solving the problem but to give you a recap - Installed software and now windows keeps restarting no blue Computer Continuously Restarts screen just straight to restart - I restored windows and everything worked fine again - Reinstalled program and back to problems - Ran safe mode everything worked - ran spybot etc didn t work properly - Managed to Computer Continuously Restarts get windows working ok after MSCOnfig and removing everything from the startup - Lost all devices in device manager - Posted HT log on this forum Since then i noticed that everything in services msc has been disabled I manage to get my devices working again but i ve got either manual or automatic on everything that is on my laptop and a few other programs which i felt were not really threatening I restarted my pc and it s back to the restart loop so there s some service that s buggering up my PC Any ideas what could be going on Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/60983/computer-continuously-restarts/
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer has started rebooting continuosly in Normal mode. I am using Windows XP. The computer works in Safe Mode. I have done one system restore to the most recent restore point. After this, the computer still reboots continuously in Normal mode.
Thanks in advance for your help!

A:Computer reboots continuously

Hello, and Welcome

Tap F8 at boot. Select "Disable Auto Restart on System Failure" then reboot. Does XP throw a blue screen? If it does, what is the stop error code?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559908/computer-reboots-continuously/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello everyone I have a SONY VAIO PCG Z WAMP and i bought it abt yrs back its centrino GB RAM the following is the screen that comes up every few minutes on my screen unless i disable my wireless card quot a problem has been detected and windows had been shut down to prevent damage to your computer DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL If this is the first time youve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed if this is a new installation ask ur hardware or sodtware manufactureer for Restarts HELP continuously!!! PLEASE NEED Computer any windows updates you might need If probelems continye disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software disable bios memorey ptions such as caching or shadowing if u need to use safe mode to remove or disable compinents restart and press f to select advanced and then safe technical information STOP D AE w n sys- address F Beginning dump of physical memory physical memory dump computer quot As mentioned earlier if the wifi card is enabled thats when i get thee messages otherwise its good even an attempt to turn it Computer Restarts continuously!!! NEED HELP PLEASE back on puts me on the same screen again I am a student and i need to fix it urgently i dont have the big bucks of sending it to a service location Has anyone faced this kind of problem If yes please suggest what i need to do PLEASE HELP Your help will be sincerely appreciated Regards Sid nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I appreciate all the help I can get on this My wife s computer will not complete the Computer Restarts Continuously boot process rather it continuously reboots First I will give a little background as to what preceded this troublesome Computer Continuously Restarts situation I was installing Norton However I had Microsoft one care installed Norton requested I uninstall One Care I complied After uninstalling Onecare Computer Continuously Restarts Norton installed itself Upon completion and updating it I received two messages File protective service reported that some Microsoft files were not recognized etc It wanted me to insert my original XP disk I also got a message from Norton saying it wanted to restart to complete the removal of something I made a choice probably the wrong one to restart This left me with a continuously rebooting computer I am not sure if it is because of a virus or because of the file protective service issue I would appreciate any help Here is what I have done so far I tried loading in Safemode It would not load after the list of drivers it just restarted I tried the option of loading the last known configuration that worked This did not solve it I disabled the auto restart upon error It simply resulted in a black screen that remained After step I retried running in Safe Mode This time I received the blue screen with the following error STOP c a Fatal System Error The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shutdown Thank you so much for your help

A:Computer Continuously Restarts

Hello, do you have your XP CD at hand?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381980/computer-continuously-restarts/
Relevancy 48.59%

HP Desktop A P Windows Vista Home Premium GB RAM PNY GS Bought this and off shuts continuously Computer on desktop about six months ago at staples Had no Computer shuts off and on continuously problems with it the past couple of months Computer shuts off and on continuously When I got back from out of town I turned it on then three seconds later it turns off then turns on then off again on and off on and off It does this nonstop continuously Talked to some desktop support techs at school and they told me its either a fault power supply or the processor The manager at staples had no clue as to what the hell he was talking about He said that its probably spyware or some virus that causing the problem and was acting like he was some IT professional Its still under a year warranty and they said they might have to send it to HP to get if fixed Any diagnosis as to what may be causing the nonstop on amp off I think its probably one of the following Processor Power Supply loose connection overheating nbsp

A:Computer shuts off and on continuously

http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/2007/s1801/24s01/24s01.asp
Sorry to hear your having the problems. This may help, or may not... Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shuts-off-and-on-continuously.759287/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have already run ad-aware and I have avast which runs constantly I used to have AVG but it got uploading is something Computer continuously so slow taking over hours to do a daily scan that I got rid of it this was when I downloaded avast by recommendation of a friend I am barely more than a basic computer user I don't know where to turn next I can usually solve my problems with a quick Google search if I can figure out Computer is continuously uploading something what's wrong to begin with At night the LAN icon on my computer has both monitors lit up it's sending and receiving data continuously My computer runs TERRIBLY slow when it does this I have no idea what is wrong or what to do next I have been trying to clean up my computer for a while now and I'm not making any progress If anyone would please give me some suggestion of what to try next I would greatly appreciate it I'm going to try to set this to e-mail me when replies are posted if it's able to do that Thank You Nancy

A:Computer is continuously uploading something

Try downloading malware bytes from this link and running it. It seems that you may have a virus, I had a simliar problem at one point.http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...4-10804572.htmlJust download it, update, and run a quick scan.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/263846/computer-is-continuously-uploading-something/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I have a gatewy i purchsaed in 2002. I was trying to install windows service pack 2 which failed, at the end i got an error message which i do not have the number. However it was for some type of securtity issue. Now i cannot get into windows, the computer keeps powering off and on after seeing the windows xp logo on the screen. I have tried safe mode and the recovery console with no luck. I have not had any issues up until yesterday. I would appreciate any advice or input. Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

OK so i havent been on my PC for a couple days and when I started it up this morning I got a few messages... One of them reads "Run once Wrapper has stopped working"... the other message reads : "hidden start has stopped working" And finally there is a message that states: "windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now" .... I cant open any programs or files... and when the PC restarts, I log in and the messages continue to pop up... what should I do? I am running a dell inspiron 1545. Not really sure if its a virus or some sort of a hardware issue... what should I do?
Thanks

A:Computer continuously restarts

Restart the PCPress F8 on bootupSelect REPAIR YOUR COMPUTERClick on REPAIROn the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand PromptCan you get to this screen?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465841/computer-continuously-restarts/
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer is a AMD Semphron 3200+ w/ 2 HDD and 2 CD-ROMS. Upon starting up windows (before the login screen), it will reboot and this happens recursively. Before rebooting, it shows a blue screen for a while but is too fast for me to see the error message.

Before this happened, my computer will suddenly hang after a while with a blue screen saying that not all hardware is connected properly or physical memory dump while just being on in windows. Occassionally, there is also a 'whirling sound' which may require me to tamper with the connections before being able to boot up, after which the sound will disappear.

Anybody has any idea what steps I should follow to troubleshoot this problem? Thanks a lot for your help.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

A few weeks ago my computer shut down with the "blue screen of death", and it said that if it was the first time for this I could just ignore it. It happened a few times, but eventually it stopped happening. In the past 3 or 4 days, however, the computer just shuts down...a lot...at random times. When I restart it, weird yellow lines appear on the screen (will attach image) and it won't start so I just keep restarting until they disappear...and then it happens again. This is just unbelievably frustrating for obvious reasons, I pretty much don't understand anything about computers so massive thank you to anyone who could let me know what this problem is about or steps trying to fix it.

Thanks!

http://imgur.com/kcrtk
http://imgur.com/GuA74

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, so today I unplugged my computer while it was still running by accident. Now it wont start at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. I am concerned that it may be a problem with my power supply (maybe fried it or something). And no its not a problem with the cord (I tried a different one), its not a problem with the power switch (the one that you switch to either circle or line) because I tried it both ways. However recently my computers power button stopped working so my brother hooked up an old keyboard to my computer so to start it I will press a key on that keyboard and it will start up my computer, so I have to keyboards one to start the computer up and one to type. So in summary im not really sure what the problem is but im 90% sure it has something to do with either my "power keyboard" of my Power Supply so yeah. Any help will be apreciated

A:Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Try and get a psu off a friend who might have a extra one. Go from there. This way you might be able to narrow it down. It really hard to say what happen .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentaly-unplugged-computer-without-shutting-down-computer-will-not-start.203970/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am having this issue and have been searching online for days with no solution, so hoping someone here can help..
I have a dell laptop that suddenly started getting this message about network cable is unplugged, when it in fact isn't.. I cannot run ipconfig, i get an error that says it's not allowed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. The light on the network port is on, and I've tried several known working cables with no luck. I even went so far as to buy a dlink ethernet adapter that plugs into the laptop slot (pcm I think it's called) and this network card has the same issue, however works perfectly in another machine. I have tried winsock repairs I found online, but having no luck anywhere.
Any suggestions? Any further questions? Thanks!

John

A:Network cable unplugged error, but it's not unplugged

If it is not unplugged, you have a damaged socket, damaged cable, or damaged or defective ethernet card.
What error flags to you have in the Device Manager?
What is your Dell model and how old is it?
Using a strong light and a magnifying glass, look for bent or twisted wire in the ethernet socket., or just plain ol dirt, dust, hair, and fiber.
Still, a bad cable is most user's most likely problem. Do't forget that the other end of the connection can give you the same error message.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged-error-but-its-not-unplugged.133483/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone My five year old desktop computer has just started experiencing the following problem When I attempt to start the computer it makes it to the Windows splash screen during startup then restarts When attempting and repeatedly Computer continuously restarts to start the computer in safe mode it makes it part way through the page after the prompt then restarts This has happened every single time I start the computer since the problem surfaced including after these forced restarts Further information that might be helpful to the diagnosis It s using a Foxconn Intel D P motherboard and the problem started some time during a cool night after a hot Australian day It is also possible that this is related to a quirk of the computer I had previously noticed which was that it was more vulnerable to brief fluctuations in the electricity supply than the other newer computer in the house So far I have tried removing and replacing all RAM cards to ensure they were properly seated and starting the computer with only one RAM card installed at Computer restarts repeatedly and continuously a time to test if one of them had failed - Computer restarts repeatedly and continuously neither of which has produced results Are there any further tests I may attempt to single out the cause or to potentially fix the problem without replacing components If this is not possible or if these attempts fail what components may have failed to have caused the problem Thanks in advance Edit I ve successfully booted from the install CD without the restart occurring and chkdsk says that errors have been found Do you recommend I run chkdsk f at this point Edit I ve got the computer working again at least for now For anyone else experiencing this sort of problem here s what I did Made sure the boot order had the CD drive before the HDD Found the Windows install CD and started the computer with it in the drive then booted from the CD Went into the recovery console Used quot chkdsk quot followed by quot chkdsk p quot and quot chkdsk r quot - the third one is the one that actually repaired the problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-restarts-repeatedly-and-continuously.1044857/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Long phonecall with my aging mother tonight She got a computer about weeks ago used Dell Optiplex Windows XP professional Avast Zonealarm Firefox--which I configured and set up for her At that time everything was working fine She says she has been on the computer every day and has been able to google and visit sites She wanted me to help her access her email which she hadn t done since I was with her I got the impression that she has been doing force quits instead of powering down mother's beeping XP computer continuously is My We spent quite awhile trying different things We were able connect to the internet update Avast which had a program update and we did a real restart At some point she said the computer started beeping loudly and it never stopped for the rest of the time we were on the phone I didn t hear the beeps and did not ask her to characterize them but i could do that tomorrow We tried Mozilla which did not load Then we tried Explorer She was able My mother's XP computer is beeping continuously to google g-mail and sign in at which point she got a message saying she had to enable cookies We went through several steps My mother's XP computer is beeping continuously in internet options but the problem was not solved Meanwhile Firefox had finally opened Cookies were disabled in Firefox too I have no idea how this happened After the call I read up on enabling cookies and can help her with this tomorrow But what about the beeping The computer is about inches off the floor on some huge books There is carpeting in the room Not sure if it is overheating or not but the computer was completely clean when I connected it and it has a good fan She has no pets I had used it for a few weeks before I gave it to her and it worked fine All ideas welcome Thanks Firetooth

A:My mother's XP computer is beeping continuously

Beeping when using the computer...is a sign of overheating, IME.

This contrasts with BIOS beeps, which indicate a hardware problem of some sort.

I think this needs a hands-on look.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312651/my-mothers-xp-computer-is-beeping-continuously/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone My desktop computer is unusable I m posting this from my laptop At startup it gives an error message that it was not shut down properly It gives me the option to start Computer Continuously Reboots at Startup normally or start in safe mode No Computer Reboots Continuously at Startup matter what I select it just reboots itself I m positive the cause isn t a virus Last night I tried to speed up the computer by disabling non-essential programs from loading at startup I used a freeware program that I forget the name of to guide me I think something crucial must have been disabled corrupted or deleted - oops I googled my computer problem and found this http support microsoft com default aspx NoWebContent It s been years since I bought my computer so I have no idea where the XP CD is The Windows Recovery Console isn t installed I ve tracked down a zip of Kernel dll here http www dll-files com dllindex dll-files shtml kernel My question is now what Can I unzip the Kernel dll file burn it to a CD and use it to fix my desktop If so is there anything special I need to do I m a bit confused I m hoping this is a problem I can fix myself I live in a small town and it will be weeks before I have a chance to take it into the city I m generally comfortable with troubleshooting and am good at googling for following instructions but am I in over my head with this Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

A:Computer Reboots Continuously at Startup

Help is on the way, I've asked one of our more experienced personnel to take a look and assist you .Just a little patience.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327522/computer-reboots-continuously-at-startup/
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm using Windows 8.1 on my desktop computer. It was working perfectly till last night. Today morning I'm trying to start the computer it shows Nothing on the screen and keep restarting continuously.I've changed the RAM slot, checked the wires but not working.I'm not able to access the BIOS.PLEASE HELP

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/my-computer-restarting-continuously-before-booting/2258.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am not sure if this fits in this category or not but I just built a new computer with Asus M A-VM mobo Freezing... Brand Continuously :( New Computer has Integrated ATI Radeon X -based graphics card AMD Athlon X - with arctic silver thermal paste GB DDR PC Mhz RAM W PSU GB SATA HD VISTA Its in an antec case so there are fans to keep it cool My issue is that I just installed vista and after a little while the computer always freezes Sometimes the monitor will say 'no input signal ' sometimes some pixels will seem to be shifted slightly and once the screen turned a small shade of light yellow before freezing Nothing seems to turn off in the case everything sounds to be continuously running Someone said to change the thermaltake heatsink which i initially had in there with the standard AMD one Brand New Computer Continuously Freezing... :( The cpu temperature reduced by a LOT after that but the problem stayed the same now a red bar comes across the top of the screen when it freezes Any ideas on Brand New Computer Continuously Freezing... :( what could be wrong Please help me out any info would be well appreciated

A:Brand New Computer Continuously Freezing... :(

could be a driver problem or a peace of hardware

I had a wireless card installed that vista didn't like and it would lock up all the time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/brand-new-computer-continuously-freezing-201646.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan attempt) continuously Computer slower getting (2nd saved at PM Computer continuously getting slower (2nd attempt) on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe Computer continuously getting slower (2nd attempt) C WINDOWS system ScsiAccess EXE C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Computer continuously getting slower (2nd attempt) Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files StreamTorrent StreamTorrent exe C PROGRA MICROS Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Documents and Settings Buddy My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local R - URLSearchHook AIM Toolbar Search Class - f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dll R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-continuously-getting-slower-2nd-attempt.963979/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello there people I'm new here and decided to sign up due to the fact I Start-Up Computer Reboots Continuously at have a slightly large problem with my computer About a month or Computer Reboots Continuously at Start-Up two ago I had turned on my computer in the morning to find that it was re-booting every time it got to the screen that had Computer Reboots Continuously at Start-Up the Windows XP logo This happens even when I try to boot into Safe Mode Last Known Good Configuration etc etc Every time it reboots it goes into to the boot screen asking if I want to boot into Safe Mode Last Known Good Configuration or just boot normally No matter which option I try it will get to the same point reboot and then brings up the boot screen I have fairly good amount of knownledge when it comes to computers but I can't seem to find what the problem is The Hard Drive seems to be fine as I took it out of my computer and put it into a external hard drive enclosure and used it on another computer There didn't seem to be any problems so I presume the Hard Drive is fine I have read many forums with similar issues but there issues describe there computer very quickly shows a blue screen and then reboots My computer reboots with no blue screen so I'm not sure if solutions to that problem will fix my problem I have been able to get by without my own computer as I use computers a lot at college and we have one downstairs but it's got to that point were it's becoming frustrating Any help would be greatly appreciated If any of you a PSN account you can aslo contact me on there as I have limited access to a computer PSN NoFearNinja Thank You

A:Computer Reboots Continuously at Start-Up

can you get into the BIOS and post the temps and voltages?

please post the full specs including make and model of power supply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-reboots-continuously-at-start-up-579446.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Here's how it started I uninstalled Nod32 security suite, after wanting to restart my computer, it shut downs before it gets to my Administration to log in etc. I think something to do with the uninstalling of the sercurity suite that is causing this glitch, the computer won't reboot continuously when i am in safe mode but other than that it does, i solved the problem by clicking F8 and click to 'go to where it was continue or whatever (forgot what it said) the last time the computer was before it had the problem etc'

Anyone know what the problem and how I could stop it or what caused it? I'm afraid to lose my vital documents

A:Computer shutting down and rebooting continuously

Morning.

It happens on me with a beta version of Smart Security.

The stable version of Smart Security is out.

You can REINSTALL ontop of your old OS for now, after that, you can back up your critical files.
after that, you can reformat and start fresh.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shutting-down-and-rebooting-continuously.91462/
Relevancy 48.16%

i recently did a fresh install of windows ultimate on my computer restarts unexpectedly continuously computer the install went fine and i've been using the computer with no issues for a few days then all of a sudden the computer restarts after a BSOD this has happened continuously since then as well computer continuously restarts unexpectedly even when i'm in the middle of doing something like browsing a website the message displayed after the restart Quote Windows has recovered from an unexpected shut down Windows can check online for a solution for the problem these are the problem details Quote Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP C BCP B A BCP F AC BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Matthew AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt the operating system has all of the latest Microsoft updates and all of the computer computer continuously restarts unexpectedly hardware is recognized in device manager i've done a scan on the hard drive with the manufacturer's utility software as well in case there are issues with it and the scan comes up clean doing both the basic and extensive tests i've also replaced the all of the memory with new modules and the hard drive as well the motherboard and power supply are both fairly new as well any and all help is greatly appreciated thanks

A:computer continuously restarts unexpectedly

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/143195-computer-continuously-restarts-unexpectedly.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am working on a Sony Vaio laptop with XP installed. I was in the middle of doing XP service pack one and i got the RPC message caused by the blaster worm and the computer rebooted on it's own.
Now it won' t stop rebooting over and over again. I have tried to start it in safe mode and every other mode possible to no avail. Unfortunately I can not use the XP recovery console because my client does no know the administrator password. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do to get this guy working again.
If I can't stop the rebooting, I will just have to do a parallel install of XP and get her info backed up and then do a clean install, but I want to avoid that.

Thanks for all your help.

Relevancy 48.16%

when i do control, alt. del..... my windows task manager is showing 35 processes running at a cpu usage of between 72 and 90%....and the computer is running very slowly even after running a system recovery.....what can i do? or what processes can be removed safely.

A:can hear computer cycling continuously

I would suggest you read through these Hijack This Instructions follow them.
These Guy are Great.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-hear-computer-cycling-continuously-76350.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My computer's tower was kicked just below the on/off button and it starts making soft and continuous beeping sounds and then it froze. When I rebooted it, it kept on giving me different DOS screens, one of them saying that I was missing a configuration file and that I need to reinstall it. And it still has beeping noises everytime I reboot it.

I have a feeling this is something to do with the hard drive.

A:Computer continuously beeping, cannot get it started

This is probably NOT the time to begin learning about the internal machinations of your computer. Unless you are comfortable to get inside your comp and physically handle wiring and boards, I would suggest you bite the bullet and take it in for repairs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-continuously-beeping-cannot-get-it-started.105165/
Relevancy 48.16%

Recently i decided to do some pc cleanup, disabled some startup processes i dont need and must have disabled a critical startup process or two.

i can log into recovery console but thats about the best i can do, i have the os disk but not looking forward to formatting and losing all my save files, music and what not

A:computer restarts continuously on startup

use the O/S disk and click REPAIR

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-restarts-continuously-on-startup-670732.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I m kinda new here Ok anyways here goes I have been having problems lately with my computer - every time i switch it on it goes to standby Worse still it keeps going on standby even when it s on standby Makes sense It s like it s posessed I ve googled this problem and it appears that it s a hardware problem BUT when i log in on safe mode the problem disappears So being an average computer user i m pretty puzzled in the least I have no idea what the problem was - I didn t install anything lately or visit any webpages outside my usual ones I haven t found a virus that acts this way so I ve keeps continuously on Computer going Solved: standby ruled it out for now Solved: Computer keeps going on standby continuously I ve solved this problem for the time being by getting a registry key to permantly disable standby while it works it s more of going about the problem What i m afraid of is that the continued standbys were a sign of something wrong in the system Has anyone had the same problem Help is much appreciated I m running on Win XP home on mb of RAM with a hard drive capacity of GB and a Ghz Intel Pentium processor if it helps Oh and i use SP Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi can anyone help we had a power cut whilst my daughter was using her computer which runs xp.Now when we restart it it just continually restarts, I tried pressing f8 at the welcome screen and started in safemode this made no difference just went to the welcome screen and started again!!!!!!!!!!! HELP, HELP

Relevancy 47.73%

Installing a new WD 320Gb HDD in a Dell Dimension 8200. I boot from XP reinstallation disk. The install finds drive, formats and partitions (137GB max) then copies needed software (or so it appears)

When computer reboots to start Windows to finish install, computer keeps restarting at power up screen. Thoughts?

A:Installing XP on new HDD. computer continuously rebooting after initialization

update: Based on reading another post, i tried something else. During install process, i created two partitions on the HDD c:\ @ 90Mb and D:\ @ 137Gb, then installed win software on D:\. This worked!!!

Does that mean there is a bad section in the boot file of this new HDD??? should I return the drive for replacement?? I really want to have just one larger partition on this drive instead of two

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-xp-on-new-hdd-computer-continuously-rebooting-after-initialization-435427.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I love this forum I have been having issues with my computer for ages I Continuously have pop ups coming up which are so incredibly frustrating I don't know a lot about computers so this will really helpme thank you in advanced I have posted my dss log and below it the panda log Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Compaq Owner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System My loading extra ups. is slow computer pop and at continuously up, has Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Removed Windows Live Messenger Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as Compaq Owner exe ---------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc My computer is extra slow at loading up, and continuously has pop ups. exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS ALCMTR EXE C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner lsass exe C windows system qownw o exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C WINDOWS system pcntprdm exe C Program Files AOL aoltray exe C Program Files NETGEAR WPN wpn exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE OAWOI H dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Compaq Owner exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr ... Read more

A:My computer is extra slow at loading up, and continuously has pop ups.

bumpety bump/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/my-computer-is-extra-slow-at-loading-up-and-continuously-has-pop-ups-252603.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Firstly the computer Vista Dell Inspiron got stuck on the windows update that have been heavily mentioned in various fora configuring updates stage of complete - the computer then restarts and the problem repeats I learnt the F trick and the fact that I can get to System Restore from there That worked for a while and I just refused to update windows Occasionally it Computer downloads after Windows continuously rebooting managed to update without me trying however I just repeated the System Restore However now it won't even let me do that I've been through every available restore point and I now get stuck on quot finalizing file restore quot and it never completes Eventually have to press quot restart quot and we're back to the quot configuring updates stage of complete quot again Have been through every possible F option including quot last known good configuration quot Have restarted in Safe Mode - seems to just go back to the quot configuring updates Computer continuously rebooting after Windows downloads stage of complete quot I then tried my Vista Reinstallation DVD and then when this didn't work followed the instructions to make a repair CD through the Neosmart website and burning it to a DVD with ImgBurn The result is the same with both discs however I request quot repair quot and select command prompt I then get the prompt quot X Sources gt quot I put in cd C windows winsxs It then simply comes up with the orignal prompt again as if I hadn't entered anything and just pressed the return key So frustrated now I know very little about computers and would be really grateful for some expert advice Many thanks Doccon

A:Computer continuously rebooting after Windows downloads

I had this issue once. Here's what you do:If you are still at the installing updates issue:Try getting into Safe Mode. If possible:In the "C:\windows\winsxs" folder, there should be a file called pending.xml. Rename that file to pending.old. Now reboot your computer.It should finish the updates correctly.I'm pretty sure if you can get into Safe Mode you can get into the folder to get to this file.If you're not able to get into Safe Mode, Windows' site has an indepth way to get this problem solved:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358Go to Method 3.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255804/computer-continuously-rebooting-after-windows-downloads/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have put together two other computers so still very new to all of this I built a computer for my wife and after about a month it just starts reseting over and over and over The boot only lasts for about builder Computer reboots, newbie continuously - seconds before it starts resets again To get it to stop I have to the power supply off and unplug it if some juice is Computer continuously reboots, newbie builder left it will still use whats left to reboot then plug it in After it boots Computer continuously reboots, newbie builder up there is no telling when it Computer continuously reboots, newbie builder will reset After this took place for about weeks her FPS on games flash games from her favorite site POGO and even videos on netflix turned to crap I m assuming this has affected her graphics card or the card has affected this reset BEfore I take it to Frys to pay for them to tell me it ll be to fix it I wanted some advice from you guys I am new at all of this so I don t know how to post certain things I have seen in other forums what I was able to find after seeing it in another forum is in the even manage she has critical errors all kernal power event ID Otherwise Im all ears Specs Windows Home Premium MSI Military Class II P A-GD With OC Genie II Mother board Intel Core i processor GTX Kingston Hyper-x Genesis DDR GB x Cool Master W Seagate TB Hard drive I have dusted it placed external fan performed updates and no viruses From here I have no idea

A:Computer continuously reboots, newbie builder

Does that board have on board graphics? It very well could be her card causing the reboot. Are the drivers up to date on it? If the board has on board graphics take the card out and run the PC for awhile and see if it reboots.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416444/computer-continuously-reboots-newbie-builder/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an HP Pavilion m n won't Computer and continuously Windows restarts load desktop computer The operating system is Windows Vista Home Edition This is a family computer and back in March a family member told me that the computer would freeze up every so often This could be fixed by simply restarting the computer When I returned home from school in May I decided to take a look at the computer to see if I could fix the problem I began by talking to HP Technical Support After talking with them they told me the Computer won't load Windows and continuously restarts only solution would be to perform a system restoration Before doing so I saved all of the files I wished to keep to an external hard drive Once I performed the system restoration though my computer would no longer load Windows properly And since I performed the system restoration Computer won't load Windows and continuously restarts I cannot open Windows in Safe Mode because Windows hasn't been configured since the 'restoration ' After arguing with HP for a while I was told the only solution would be to use a set of recovery discs After using the recovery discs the computer worked great for about hours Then the same problem ensued Now my comuter will not load Windows Upon starting up it says that Windows could not be loaded properly and suggests that newly added software hardware might be the problem No new software or hardware has been added to my computer I tried running the recovery discs again and the system proceeds up until the point of the first restart Once it restarts though Windows will not load and the same error message occurs It gives me the options of starting up Windows normally which just causes the screen to turn black and prompts it Computer won't load Windows and continuously restarts to restart continiously and to run the Startup Repair When this option is chosen it again suggests that newly added software hardware may be the problem but fails to resolve the issue Once the Startup Repair completes its scan it displays these results Problem signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairV Problem Signature AutoFallover Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature FailureDuringSetup Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature OS Version Locale ID After this it displays a message that states quot If you have recently attached a device to this computer such as a camera or portable music player remove it and restart your computer If you continue to see this message contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance quot As stated earlier nothing new has been added to this computer The recovery discs do not work and Windows will not start up properly not even in Safe Mode If you could provide any help I would greatly appreciate it Thank you very much

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/237230/computer-wont-load-windows-and-continuously-restarts/
Relevancy 47.73%

I've had this computer for over years now I made it myself with these components EVGA SuperClocked G-P years use Random continuously 2 after crashes of Computer DIY - -KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX GB Western Digital DIY Computer Random crashes continuously after 2 years of use Black WD FAEX TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive MD FX- Black Edition Vishera -Core GHz SeaSonic X Series X Gold SS- KM Active PFC F W ATX V V EPS V V Corsair Force Series GS quot GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive GIGABYTE GA- A-D AM AMD SB x SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory CORSAIR Hydro Series H CWCH High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Recent Memory upgrade CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory I am also running DIY Computer Random crashes continuously after 2 years of use Windows About a month ago the computer started randomly shutting down every now and then with no blue screen or memory dump From reading online forums I uninstalled Razer Synapse and that seemed to fix the problem for a day or so but then it continued and recently is happening every minute From what I can tell there is no correlation to the shut downs they seem to happen very randomly and when the computer is both under and not under strain The shut downs that have been happening recently have actually been showing up in the event viewer Here is the text from the Kernel-Power event that shows up when this happens Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date - Pastebin com There is also apparently a driver failure Kerlen-PnP that happens which I have posted here Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date - Pastebin com Some tests I have already done Checked all of the memory for errors using memtest and both hard drives with victoria If I need to post any more information please let me know Thanks to anyone that can help in any way Edit I now am absolutely completely locked out from my computer It crashes the second windows loads even in safe mode I really need help as quick as possible

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/diy-computer-random-crashes-continuously-after-2-years-of-use-1048114.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I just bought this computer on Sunday. I want to keep it but I'm not completely satisfied with how it's running. The biggest issue I'm having right now is that it gets stuck on the 'restarting' screen. The only way around it is to manually shut it off and I don't like to do that. Help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-computer-gets-stuck-on-a-continuously-looping-restart/td-p/5702885
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
I was playing Eve Online when my computer got unplugged. Now when I try to run eve, I crash. I'm also having trouble with other programs, and can't install some of my drivers.

Any thoughts on what may cause something like this?

Thanks,

A:Computer unplugged now crashing

First guess would be file corruption from the machine being shut off while in use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-unplugged-now-crashing-558390.html
Relevancy 47.3%

By Accident I Unplugged My Computer while it was on and now i am worried that my movie files will be corrupted...they seem to play fine...but i am still worried....please could somebody please help by telling me if any of my files will become damaged...thank you

A:By Accident I Unplugged My Computer While It Was On

Unless the files were open and being played or saved at the time of the power loss, there should be no damage.

But remember that power can do out at any time and hard disks die without warning (quite often, these days), so all your important data must be backed up. Since you are so worried it would suggest you have no backup plan. Maybe time to get one?

As an example I backup all new data every day, to a second and totally separate hard drive, then all data to DVD every week. Every DVD is "verified" to ensure that no files are corrupt in the copy process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/by-accident-i-unplugged-my-computer-while-it-was-on.473623/
Relevancy 47.3%

I accidently turned the power switch off! Now all I'm getting is the main screen with no icons. I have a Dell Deminsion E310 and WindowsXP.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys I really need some help with this one AS MUCH AS I CAN GET I tried to contact acer support but as for me because i have no warranty on the machine they will not do anything to help me but to tell me unplugged will +MORE until not shut Computer down to look on their forums Which i have Problem Computer will not shut down until unplugged +MORE - The computer itself will not shut off If i unplug it and leave it and let everything stop I let it sit for a week i am sure there is no power in it Now If When i plug the computer back in I do not have to push the power button for it to turn on it just turns on as soon as the power source Computer will not shut down until unplugged +MORE is connected Problem - After the computer boots it will not connect to any monitor Nor will it show me anything on any monitor i dont even think the OS is booting properly Computer will not shut down until unplugged +MORE in that case i would have to take it to geek squad and let them look at it since i bought ir form bestbuy No warranty though so i would have to pay for it Problem - I have been looking for weeks If anyone knows anything at all it would much appreciated i am tired of not being able to play video games cuz of this not so fast laptop Computer specs From what i know and have installed - AMD Phenom quad core processor - Nvidia Gforce gtx graphics card - gb sata HD - gb ram Model - Acer AM for Original specs that came with the machine Not my computer this is the one i bought at first nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Dell Inspiron with factory installed Win 7 Home Premium. I have several WD External USB hard drives that worked well on my old XP laptop.

Two things cause the problems in the title: I will be transferring files and it will just stop and suddenly the drive is no longer working. I can still see it in my computer, but none of the files are accessible. Eventually (randomly) the drives disappear from my computer. The second way it happens is if I manually unplug the drive, it will still show up in my computer. Also, like I said, eventually they do disappear.

But then, I cannot get them to be recognized if I plug them back in, unless I reboot.

Is this a Win 7 bug with WD drives? I don't remember this much trouble with XP.

A:USB drives are unplugged, but still in My Computer for a while

No answer to this? I am still having this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255842-usb-drives-unplugged-but-still-my-computer-while.html
Relevancy 47.3%

First of all thank you to anyone Windows Boot Restarts Computer Xp Itself Screen After Continuously who is going to Computer Restarts Itself Continuously After Windows Xp Boot Screen help me with this I have come to this website before to get help with the same computer about years ago and you guys cleared the problem up very quickly Sadly to say I am back and hopefully for the last time Okay right now I am on my laptop I am having problems with my other computer It is a Dell and runs on Windows XP I have noticed some strange happenings with it over the last few weeks I ve run multiple virus scans on it when I noticed it was acting funny and deleted anything it came up with I used Ad-Aware SE Personal and also Spybot Search and Destroy to remove the potential viruses The next thing I noticed was that my homepage was always resetting itself to quot http www bydou com quot and everytime I would turn on the internet I use a wireless broadband card this would be my homepage I would then change it but everytime I turned off my computer and came back to it Computer Restarts Itself Continuously After Windows Xp Boot Screen later to get on the internet it did the same thing Today about minutes ago I tried to get on the computer This is the major problem I pressed the button to turn it on and it acted normally up to the Windows XP boot screen with the blue loading bar the screen went black after that was done and I heard my computer restart Well this happened continually so I turned off the main switch gave it a rest turned it on again and it did the same thing It just keeps restarting itself for no reason Needless to say I can t give you a HiJackThis log because I can t even get my computer to turn on Hopefully you guys can help me with this I really appreciate Feel free to ask any more questions if need be Thanks

A:Computer Restarts Itself Continuously After Windows Xp Boot Screen

Hello kneesock and to Bleeping Computer.Can you boot your computer into Safe Mode? If so, try running your antivirus and antispyware scans there.How to start Windows in Safe Mode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107269/computer-restarts-itself-continuously-after-windows-xp-boot-screen/
Relevancy 47.3%

Dear Members ,
Problem with my computer is when I switch on the computer it starts and after sometime it shuts down and then again stats and sometimes automatically shuts down There are no virues I use Avast antivirus and the computer is free from any viral or malware programme
Please advise
rojovosky

A:computer automaticallly shutting down and state up on switch on continuously

You're saying the computer is automatically shutting down? or automatically restarting at irregular intervals? The problem is most likely no going to be a virus or malware. But please be clear on what your problem is again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-automaticallly-shutting-down-and-state-up-on-switch-on-continuously-614190.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I just purchased the following video card:

- VisionTek Radeon 256MB X1300DMS PCI

Attempted to install it in a brand new Shuttle SG33G5 barebones computer. This computer has the Intel G33 chipset with HDMI output. I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

I feel like this is one of those situations that will make me cringe at my own stupidity in not doing my homework but here we go. After installing the new video card and booting up, the computer goes into an endless loop of starting and rebooting.

In my research before buying the card I didn't find any potential compatibility concerns that would affect the use of this card. I haven't found anything in the BIOS settings that would indicate an easy configuration that needs to occur. Perhaps I am just in over my head in this case?

J

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello

I have noticed a strange behavior in my computer since the last few days

When i start the computer the 1st time in the morning, the HDD activity light keeps running continuously and does not even blink for a second non stop

However, if shutdown and restart, the HDD activity stops after a couple of minutes as it should be !

Can i just  ignore  the HDD activity light and go on with my normal work ?

I am worried that in case the computer is going in some loop and accessing the HDD endlessly, it will reduce the life of the HDD and may cause early failure of the same .

Am I paranoid for nothing ?
Any recommendations on the same ?

My configuration is as follows:

AMD 1090T 
Crosshair IV Formula
2X4 GB Corsair RAM 1600 Mhz
Corsair HX 620 SMPS
WD500 Blue HDD
250GB Seagate HDD
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit updated everyday
Microsoft security essential
MBAM paid version

Thanks for advising

A:HDD activity Light runs continuously after starting computer

Hi,
Have you checked both of your security programs to see when they run their scans and if they have found anything?
Just before the change you report did you download anything or install any updates?

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565246/hdd-activity-light-runs-continuously-after-starting-computer/
Relevancy 46.87%

I was cleaning my office and moving my office around yesterday. I unplugged the computer and disconnected all peripherals in order to move it to the other side of the room. Once everything was in place in the new location, I connected everything and then plugged in the computer. the fan came on, leds show up on my ethernet port, but the computer won't turn on. I press the on button and get nothing, the fan continues to turn, and only turns off if I unplug the machine... is this a PSU problem?

I have already purchased a new and improved computer, but need to access my old one for contact information, legal documents, and website addresses that I can't afford to lose.

I am considering bringing it in for service but thought if the suggestion is that the PSU is bad then I might just switch that out myself.

please advise.

A:Unplugged and Moved Computer, Now it will not turn on

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Just try starting the computer with just the mains cable and monitor attached.

The reason I say that, is because not so very long ago, I had the same problem.

It turned out that the din connector to my tv card was shorting out.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unplugged-and-moved-computer-now-it-will-not-turn-on.45507/
Relevancy 46.87%

Issue I unplugged and replugged my two monitors Now when I turn the computer on it does not boot up Instead the CD drive clicks and nothing happens If I attempt to Boot Monitors, Now Won't Unplugged Computer shut it off by holding the power button it turns right back on again While it still worked external memory devices USB flash SD cards in USB adapter etc Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot did not work All other USB devices did Sims would only run with severe graphical glitches see thread in Games subsection for details Latest Changes Idiot ex installed Windows Ultimate on my machine assuring me it would take care of all driver needs I was unaware of his habit at the time but looking back I believe he may have Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot been operating under the influence of marijuana And he intends to do this sort of thing Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot professionally in the military in a life-and-death situation I hate my life Specs Compaq Presario SR NX Desktop Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD Athlon tm Processor GHz GB RAM AsusTek EAH graphics card Update I unplugged the computer and then plugged it in again for the third time and now all of a sudden it recognizes both monitors now and can boot up again Now my question is quot why quot Oh and it s back to the previous two problems now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-monitors-now-computer-wont-boot.1054619/
Relevancy 46.87%

I too had a problem when we re-modeled the computer room I simply unplugged the power and to computer Unplugged can't Internet connect now supply and left all other cables intact Since we don t usually use the PC Unplugged computer and now can't connect to Internet that the router and modem are attached to rather we use our laptops I simply re-plugged everything into a portable power strip and we did fine for the week that the room was disassembled When I moved the PC back into the room I simply plugged in the power Nothing No internet to the PC no wireless I have tried resetting all boxes changing out ethernet cables uninstalling the router and reinstalling calling AT amp T short of their service call which I refuse and being mindful of switching the modem from PPOE to bridged I finally bought a new router which was stupid I ve never heard of a router going bad and even that didn t help when I had this problem last year it ended being the modem and once they replaced it I didn t have any other problems until now My modem works fine as long as it s hardwired into the PC Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I ve never had this problem with any other service provider besides at amp t I m so over it nbsp

A:Unplugged computer and now can't connect to Internet

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-computer-and-now-cant-connect-to-internet.909141/
Relevancy 46.87%

I mistakenly unplugged my computer while working on it. Now, I cannot find my hard drive. How can I get everything back?

A:Unplugged computer/hard drive gone

HELP! computer was unplugged while being logged on and doing work. now my hard drive has disappeared. What can I do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unplugged-computer-hard-drive-gone-562704.html
Relevancy 46.87%

please help i ll give you the short version then the long I was now detect unplugged wireless won't Computer don t know anything about computers and spendd days online hooking up computers and one ipod to my wireless router this computer was working fine but my mom unplugged the computer computer to paint the wall When we plugged it back in it does Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless not recogize the wireless network i had this problem before and fixed it but that was weeks ago and i have no idea what i did to fix it i have an LAN line running the length of our house from the router to computer and that is how i am able to get online long version Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless this particular computer was onced hooked Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless up to a regular router as another computer computer was i lost my job and moved home bringing my laptop computer ipod touch and wireless router i connected my wireless router to the original router using an ethernet i followed a few tutorials on how to change dchp to static i ethernetted my computer computer to the wireless router and it recognized the wireless network i unplugged it and it worked i did the same thing for my mom s computer computer For what ever reason computer was such a headache and harder to get the wireless to be recognized but i figured it out well today computer was unplugged and now it doesn t recognize the wireless router again All the other systems do i m afraid to reset the router because i dont want the other computers to go down if the router resets to factory it took me days to figure out how to get this far anyway i know the problem is this computer since the other systems recongize the wireless just fine any advice this computer is an hp smart touch vista the router is a wireless linksys any help would be greatly appreciated as my mom wants this blue cord gone also the original router is still hooked up because i was afraid to disconnect everything and just use the wireless lastly this computer says that another computer is using the same ip address well it s the same address on all the other computers so i don t know why this one cares so much thanks and hopefully this makes sense nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

my computer crashes suddenly leading to buzzer sounding continuously i dont know what the problem might be is there some hadware problem or something else ,recently one of my hard disk dies and now this second one showing this..... what the problem might be plz suggest

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi new reason the makes no 'detected sound continuously hardware' for Computer I'm running XP Home at the moment and have twice installed it within the past week the first time brand new out of the package After installation on a freshly formatted drive doing the updates and finally installing my most used programs all but cell Computer continuously makes the 'detected new hardware' sound for no reason phone one that refuses to work it started making the sound you hear upon new hardware detection despite NOTHING being added or connected I let it go for a few days while systematically checking the installed programs though I've been using all of them for years with no problem When it still persisted I caved did a fresh format and install this past Saturday and it's still doing it It's more regular than any alarm I'm not totally computer illiterate mostly self taught though my best friend who works for one of the largest computer businesses has taught me a lot as well And no he hasn't had time to help or even talk to due to the incredible amount of hours he puts in What other than having a Bermuda Triangle built computer could be making it continue to make these sounds despite nothing being hooked up or unhooked The only thing I've used on it since the second install is my digital camera no webcam installed nor cell phone haven't even plugged in my USB drive Any thoughts suggestions help would be greatly appreciated

A:Computer continuously makes the 'detected new hardware' sound for no reason

Hello nitemistress, Welcome to TSF!

These noises that you are hearing, are they 'beeps'?...If so, could you please describe them in the sequence that you are hearing them.

Do these noises start only when you are at the Desktop after booting up, or do they start during the boot up process?

Let us know the answers, and we will be in a better position to assist you.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-continuously-makes-the-detected-new-hardware-sound-for-no-reason-165305.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm running Free Windows Registry Repair. After finding and fixing thousands of errors, it keeps finding about 50. I'll fix and scan again, and most of the same ones come back, always around 50. I wiped and reinstalled XP a while ago. I've also cleaned out all non-essential stuff with CCleaner. It's still difficult just running one program, forget about multiple programs or games. Any ideas? I'm not getting a new computer or OS.

A:Continuously Recurring Registry Errors, Painfully Slow Computer

Every reputable tech support source I've ever read says don't bother with registry cleaners. They don't really do much in terms of improving performance, and they can seriously mess up your computer. Can you give a little more info on your computer, specifically how much RAM you have? Also do me a favor and look at your task manager (press Ctrl+Alt+Del) and tell me how many processes are running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/continuously-recurring-registry-errors-painfully-slow-computer-525461.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Issue I unplugged and replugged my two monitors Now when I turn the computer on it does not boot up Instead [SOLVED] Monitors, Computer Unplugged Boot Now Won't the CD drive clicks and nothing happens If I attempt to shut it [SOLVED] Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot off by holding the power button it turns right back on again While it still worked external memory devices USB flash SD cards in USB adapter etc did not work All other USB devices did Sims would only run with severe graphical glitches see thread in Games subsection for details Latest Changes Idiot ex installed Windows Ultimate on my machine assuring me it would take care of all driver needs I was unaware of his habit at the time but looking back I believe he may have been operating under the influence of marijuana And he intends to do this sort of thing professionally in the military in a life-and-death situation I hate my life Specs Compaq Presario SR NX Desktop Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD Athlon tm Processor GHz GB RAM AsusTek EAH graphics card Update I unplugged the computer and then plugged it in again for the third time and now all of a sudden it recognizes both monitors now and can boot up again Now my question is quot why quot Oh and it's back to the previous two problems now

A:[SOLVED] Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot

Was the PC on when you unplugged the replugged the monitors?
If so not a good idea as you now know.

Have a look in device manager for any yellow or red call outs.

To open "Device Manager", Hit Start type/paste device manager in the search box and hit enter in Device Manager, if you see any yellow question marks/Red callouts, right click on the device and select properties, on the Details tab select Hardware IDs copy the PCI/VEN and DEV numbers and post them on your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unplugged-monitors-now-computer-wont-boot-647307.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So here is my problem... Amagine there is a storm comming so either the storm shuts the power in the house or I do becouse of keeping my computer safe from storm damage... The point is if i take the computers power for that much time that inner light on motherboard(The one thats alway on if computer is pluged in) shuts off (like 3 seconds) my computer wont start the vents and cooler spinn a few times than its off so I always keep pressing the button for 5-10 minutes( I know you wold say I should wait that time and then press it I tryed leaving it pluged for an hour and I stell had to do that 5-10 minutes pressin the big red button...) So not that im inpatient but im vorryed that maby once it wont eaven start up.

Anyone have any ideas what to do?

Thanks

Predo50

A:Computer doesn't start if it is unplugged for some time

I'd suggest taking the side off and looking at the motherboard. Look at the capacitors (cylinders with silver tops) are any of them bulged/domed?

If not, I'd suggest replacing the power supply.

Can you supply more information about your computer, such as make/model or specifications?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-start-if-it-is-unplugged-for-some-time.150169/
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently bought a used computer from our school that runs xp service pack I have a computer set up in my living room that is unplugged/used cable A added is computer network running xp service pack and that is the computer that is set up with the wireless router I also have two laptops bought new that I occasionally run off of the wireless router with no problems one laptop is xp one is vista Well this computer we bought from the school was brought home and turned on I thought it would pick up on the wireless connection with no problem they said it was wireless at the school but all I am getting is quot a network cable is unplugged quot I ran the internet connection wizard not sure if I was supposed to do that or not but either way it didn't help I A network cable is unplugged/used computer added still get the same message Can someone point me in the right direction I did a search for my problem but as soon as I type in a network cable is unplugged you can just imagine all of the goodies that pops up and nothing seems to be what I need Thanks Lisa

A:A network cable is unplugged/used computer added

Hi Lisa and welcome to TSF !

Go to start => run and type devmgmt.msc. Expand network adapters and give us the names of all the devices you see there. If there's some kind of warning sign next to one of the network adapters then tell us about it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-network-cable-is-unplugged-used-computer-added-191793.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have not had a problem with this until now as I have started to have booting errors. If a boot error occurs I have to turn off my PC. When it's turned off it won't turn on unless I keep it unplugged pretty much overnight. When the computer is on it works completely fine. If any one has any ways I can solve this it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

A:My computer won't turn on unless I have it unplugged for at least 10 hours before I can boot it up

Replace the power supply if the computer is a desktop computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-turn-on-unless-i-have-it-unplugged-for-at-least-10-hours-before-i-can-boot-it-up.207336/
Relevancy 46.01%

hi there,
my computer, hp dv3 2221-tx, freezes whenever i plug or unplug the power. its the first time i came across with this kind of situation.

and i guess my charger is working fine, because when i had win7 Home in same laptop, i never came across this kind of situation.

thanks in advance,
with best regards,

A:Computer freezes when charger is plugged or unplugged.

Hi,

is this happening only after you upgraded to windows 7? if so maby have a look at the manufaturers website for a power utility maby? Also i'd recommend checking your charger with a multimeter to check its giving the correct output.

It sounds more like hardware rather than a software issue but checkout what I said first n let me know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-when-charger-is-plugged-or-unplugged-603878.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, i got ATT internet a few months ago, and ever since I've had it my wifi, which is connected by Ethernet cable, will go out, like the wifi is still on, but my computer will show that my Ethernet cable is not connected to my computer when in reality it is connected, I've tried multiple cables and the problem still happens, but for my brother, the problem never happens to him on his computer. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this problem, it is very annoying when I'm on the internet and I will get dc'd from everything I'm doing due to this problem, it usually shows that the Ethernet cable isn't plugged in for about 10 seconds and then it re-realizes that it is plugged in. This happens around once every 30 minutes.

A:Computer showing Ethernet Cable Unplugged When it really is not.

First thing would be to check that you have the most up to date drivers for your lan connection. Typically you go to the manufactures website and look up your model and check to see if they have new drivers available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-showing-ethernet-cable-unplugged-when-it-really-is-not.1135793/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

I have 2 computers networked together and it has been working fine for years but today all of a sudden the second computer pops up with "network cable is unplugged". I looked at the network cable and it is plugged in but both lights are not on. The internet on my PC works fine so im guessing the network card on the 2nd computer went bad? Is there anything I can do to try and fix this?

A:Network cable unplugged on 2nd computer, no lights on

just replace it they are only a few dollars

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-cable-unplugged-on-2nd-computer-no-lights-on-52624.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am really worried about my computer. It booted normally this morning but then my cat ran past my feet and ended up unplugging it. I tried to turn it back on but no luck. Tried again 5 minutes later and still nothing. Decided to turn it on and let it sit for about 15 minutes, then it finally booted up. It's slow, but works. What should I check for? Any ideas how to fix this? I'm afraid to turn it off again.

A:Computer almost doesn't boot after suddenly being unplugged. Help?

The most likely thing that happened was that the BIOS/UEFI reset itself to defaults. Some of those default settings could be different than the ones set before this happened.

A typical one is if the SATA mode is IDE as default but was set to AHCI to install Windows. But that change usually results in a bluescreen error. Do you know what your preferred BIOS setting were?

Also, System Specs would be nice. Just whether this is a laptop or desktop can make a difference.

In any event you will need to check and see if all is OK at some point. You will most likely need to restart to make any changes anyway.
Start by backing up your data, finishing any important work, and then restarting the PC from Windows Start Menu. If it restarts normally then shut it down and then start it back up.

I'm guessing you will be fine. If any hardware was damaged it can be replaced, but you've got to take the plunge at some point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364330-computer-almost-doesnt-boot-after-suddenly-being-unplugged-help.html
Relevancy 46.01%

As the title says, while i was away my PC had a BSOD, and my computer illiterate mom unplugged the PC

A:My PC BSOD while I was away, computer illiterate mother unplugged PC

Lighten up on your Mom, you only have one.

As for your crash,

Code:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000185 - The I/O device reported an I/O error.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c0000185
Looks like you need to do some tests on your hard drive.

Please perform the following tests,

chkdsk /r

SeaTools for DOS and Windows

This is a good idea as well,

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336722-my-pc-bsod-while-i-away-computer-illiterate-mother-unplugged-pc.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi SEQUENCE of BEEP is first and then As i mention in the subject my Dell Inspiron is not Inspiron Make first 6 BEEPS. Turning Not then by BEEPS 1564 Please followed HELP!!! and Dell ON. 5 turning on When i push the power button it makes beep sound and no display means dark screen First it makes BEEPS and after - seconds it make another BEEPS sound and their is nothing display on screen I tried various methods to turn the display on but no one results i did the following steps to check or to make it turn on Here i mentioned Dell Inspiron 1564 Not Turning ON. Make 6 BEEPS first and then followed by 5 BEEPS. Please HELP!!! all Firstly i nbsp disconnect all the PERIPHERALS and take off the battery and then press and hold the power button for few seconds Then i run the LCD test to make sure that the LCD is working fine Yeah it s working fine because i saw the color bars Then run the nbsp Dell Inspiron 1564 Not Turning ON. Make 6 BEEPS first and then followed by 5 BEEPS. Please HELP!!! DIAGNOSTICS to check the other hardware but everything is working fine nbsp I tried these different ways but nothing happens Still my INSPIRON is off and making annoying beep sounds Please HELP ME

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 Not Turning ON. Make 6 BEEPS first and then followed by 5 BEEPS. Please HELP!!!

Hello Gitesh23,
6 beeps on an Inspiron 1564 indicate video card failure. However, 5 beeps on the system indicate CMOS battery failure. Hence in order to isolate the cause of failure, I would request you to try connecting an external monitor to the computer and check if that works.
You may also try re-seating the CMOS battery and check if the issue persists. Before performing the steps, read and follow the safety instructions in Dell Knowledge Base Article: "Precautionary Measures for Personal Safety". Remove all power sources including AC Adapter and Battery before you remove or re-install an item in your computer. Please see the service manual for instructions on how to re-seat the CMOS Battery: http://bit.ly/14fkggq
Please try the steps and write back with your findings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19517741
Relevancy 46.01%

After upgrading to win10 from win7- problems with boot up. Right now- the pc beeps 5 times/long. I tried a boot disk from win7 is/prior to upgrade- at that point I got a boot up screen. When I selected state Windows- I got a black screen- and the PC started beeping. Also- I have to unplug the !!$&!PC to stop beeping /shut off power.Any ideas - hardware; bios, power issue, OS ISSUE??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Possible-power-issues-pc-pavilion-beeps-5-short-beeps-fails/td-p/5615127
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello.

The audio from my computer completely went dead when I turned it on. The speaker icon shows the symbol with the 'X' on it and after clicking it and going through the troubleshooter it can detect no problem. I tried updating the drivers through the HP website, and uninstall/reinstalled them but it still doesn't work. I even tried rolling back the computer to a restore point but that didn't work either.

The speakers are built into my monitor and is connected through a normal audio jack (not HDMI). I normally use my headphones through a jack built into the front of the tower.

My computer is a hp Pavillion Elite m9400f, Windows 7 Ultimate 64X (It also has a ATI HD Radeon 5770 graphics card; but I'm not sure if it's relevant to what might be causing this problem)

Any and all help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

- Xavier

A:No sound from speakers or headphones, computer shows them as unplugged

You can try going to your device manager. Right click the audio device and select disable. Wait a minute, then right click again and select enable. See if this works for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/208820-no-sound-speakers-headphones-computer-shows-them-unplugged.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok we get internet through a wireless tower that beams it to an antenna on top of the house and it eventually ends up as one ethernet cord in the basement That may or may not be irrelevant Anyway I plug that cord into a router LINKSYS BEFSR it s a couple years old but it has always worked fine and set up a LAN with the main computer being an HP pavilion a w w win XP SP media center There isn t another computer connected all the time but I use various other machines on the network off and on PS macbook other people s computers that I m working on for whatever reason Recently we ve had several severe storms and flooding and whatnot and last night the internet suddenly quit working Solved: is computer etc unplugged, Main says cable network I assumed it Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc was the ISP until this morning when I called them and they said the problem was definitely on my end My first thought was router so I bypassed it and plugged my macbook directly into the ethernet cord from the antenna It worked and I thought I d pick up a new one when the flooding subsided and I could get into town and then everything would work fine I really need the internet on the main computer however so I did the same for it plugging it directly into the incoming internet The pavilion continued to say that the LAN was unplugged however I ve gone through every setting and troubleshooting I can think of but nothing I ve done will make the internet work on Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc the pavilion ipconfig all says media state disconnected Local area connection says network cable unplugged The light doesn t come Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc on where the ethernet cable plugs in Now I think maybe I have a network card rather than a router problem or both I don t think the main computer being down would affect the other computers on the network but I m not really sure I even switched the macbook over to windows but it still works perfectly when the router is bypassed but if I unplug the exact same cord and put it in the pavilion it won t work The network card is Realtek RTL x Family Fast ethernet NIC The driver is updated I m absolutely stumped Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I have been having sound problems for about three days now The problem started as Switched on Windows XP Pro SP partition at that point I was dual booting with Ubuntu on start-up I got an error message saying quot Sonic Focus driver must be loaded for this application Sound computer from when is disappears electric unplugged supply. to work quot This was meaningless to me until I realised that there was Sound disappears when computer is unplugged from electric supply. no sound and no sound card in Device Manager gt Sound Video and Game Controllers So I googled and I found a guide on an Intel page about reinstalling the audio driver from disc I can t find that page now but it was about uninstalling the software via Add Remove Programs disabling audio in the bios and reinstalling from CD I attempted this but got an error message quot Device Object not present restart the system and run setup again quot and it wouldn t install I got mad thinking I had done something wrong with the entire Windows installation and decided to do a fresh install On fresh install from a XP Pro SP disc I switched off audio at the bios prior to the Windows Install and then installed the device drivers from the Intel DQ COE D - disc in the following order Chipset INF INF ALLOS PC Audio XP XP MCE v LAN LAN ALLOS PV Video and something else through Device Manager On attempting to install the Audio driver I got the same error message as last time quot Device Object not present restart the system and run setup again quot I then tried to install the new driver AUD allOS D x PV IDTGUI v Legacy from http downloadcenter intel com Detail Desc aspx agr Y amp DwnldID amp ProdId amp lang eng amp OSVersion Windows XP Professional amp DownloadType Drivers This produced the following error message quot The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package The install was aborted quot I tried re-anabling sound in the bios and then installing and had the same error message I got annoyed with having no sound and so I installed an Audigy sound card Model SB driver Creative Sound Blaster Audigy series driver from http support creative com Products ProductDetails aspx catID amp subCatID amp prodID amp prodName Audigy amp subCatName Audigy amp CatName Sound Blaster amp VARSET prodfaq PRODFAQ VARSET CategoryID and I had sound Then when I restarted and tried the Ubuntu Live CD and there was no sound I restarted Windows and installed the Intel audio driver XP XP MCE v from disc This worked and I had sound through both the Audigy card and the onboard Intel chip Device Manager showed a Sigmatel High Definition Audio Codec under quot Sound Video and Game Controllers quot however I forgot to print screen it so do not have any further details When I shutdown and took the Audigy card out of the PCI slot and restarted I still had sound I then shutdown again and switched on then I had no sound The codec was no longer listed in Device Manager and Device Manager was not recognising any uninstalled devices When I attempted to re-install either of the Intel drivers I got the same error messages as they had previously given I shutdown and returned the Audigy card to the PCI slot and switched on this time getting a shrill beep on any attempt to play sound I then installed the Intel driver AUD allOS D x PV IDTGUI v Legacy from the website which worked this time I shutdown and removed the Audigy card I switched on and had sound I restarted and had sound I thought fixed I removed the Audigy software via Add Remove Programs However when I shutdown and removed the electric plug of the computer and restarted I once again had no sound and no sound card recognised in Device Manager I returned the Audigy card to the PCI slot and when I restart the Intel driver reappears and sound works even after unplugging from the electric So to sum it all up I am confused and need help with Why won t the Intel software install unless the Audigy card is present How come the Intel software remains after... Read more

A:Sound disappears when computer is unplugged from electric supply.

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum I didn't see the AV forum.

I thought I should post the fix I have found. I've been trawling google for the various error messages and somehow happened upon this page: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6122_102-340889.html While I was not getting a "code 10" error I thought I'd try it and it worked!

This is what I did:
Removed the Audigy 2 card, switched on and went to "C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM" and double clicked on suhlp.exe and selected "run anyway" when it said a disc was missing from the D:\ drive. Shutdown and switched on. It worked! I've unplugged twice and it is still working. I wonder if doing this would have solved the original error message "Sonic Focus driver must be loaded for this application to work"...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406205/sound-disappears-when-computer-is-unplugged-from-electric-supply/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a macbook pro and run Bootcamp with Windows XP. The computer is from 2008. When the computer is plugged in the wifi works fine. If I unplug my computer the wifi drops within minutes. If I try to repair the connection or disconnect the computer gives me the BSOD. Any thoughts?
Also, the computer very rarely goes into hibernation - which is a problem. And if it does go into hibernation, it often gives me the BSOD again.
The computer is perfectly fine when I am working on the Apple OS.

A:Wifi cuts out when laptop is unplugged then computer crashes [From:Mac]

Being a Windows issue, I'll move this to the Windows forum, we don't know Windows. The Mac forum is for Apple PCs running Apple's OS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-cuts-out-when-laptop-is-unplugged-then-computer-crashes-from-mac-674410.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a macbook pro and run Bootcamp with Windows XP. The computer is from 2008. When the computer is plugged in the wifi works fine. If I unplug my computer the wifi drops within minutes. If I try to repair the connection or disconnect the computer gives me the BSOD. Any thoughts?
Also, the computer very rarely goes into hibernation - which is a problem. And if it does go into hibernation, it often gives me the BSOD again.
The computer is perfectly fine when I am working on the Apple OS.

Thanks

A:Wifi cuts out when laptop is unplugged then computer crashes

A normal XP install on a laptop would probably require a driver update for your wireless, but since you are on a Mac, You might get a better answer if you post this in the Mac forum section.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-cuts-out-when-laptop-is-unplugged-then-computer-crashes-674354.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello this technically could be combined should be posted in my other topic but this is an urgent need If you read my other topic about my monitor From Not Computer, Monitor Unplugged Signal/Input Now No Supported. tinting it is indeed my monitor not my video card not my power supply and nothing to do with the computer itself But right now my monitor is fine to use other than the tinting I will be replacing the monitor with another monitor in the VERY near future The only problem is that I tested the monitor on Windows XP and it worked fine on the computer with Windows XP the one I m writing this from except the fact that it s Unplugged Monitor From Computer, Now No Signal/Input Not Supported. also tinting on XP This monitor says quot Works With Windows Vista quot It s an Acer x w LCD monitor I believe it Unplugged Monitor From Computer, Now No Signal/Input Not Supported. s quot or something close to that I thought the monitor would have no problem from going to Vista - gt XP - gt Vista but apparently something changed in the monitor that isn t allowing my computer with Vista to use it again There are two slots on my new computer one lower and one that makes the cord attach sideways the bottom slot when attaching the monitor cord says quot Input Not Supported quot which means I m guessing this is the right slot as I do not remember which slot I originally used it on and then the other slot says quot No Signal quot I ve read on the internet about something about called quot Refresh Rate quot but I ve never used it before and have no clue how to use it If it involves interaction with the computer I cannot see the screen so it s practically impossible There is indeed a disk that came with the monitor and a manual but I see nothing in the manual about my problem I do have another monitor but I have no clue if it d work with Vista as it s from about so I have no other monitor that would work with Vista Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks a lot Edit When the message appears quot Input Not Supported quot I tried pressing menu auto etc the buttons on the bottom of the monitor and nothing appears Now I just read that quot LCD s don t have refresh rates They have things called Response times which is different Doesn t matter what you set your refresh rate at you won t notice a difference with an LCD monitor quot now I m totally confused with what could be the damn problem Thanks Edit The Acer website states the following solution for this exact problem for this exact monitor In Windows Vista Press the Start button select Control Panel select Appearance and Personalization select Personalization and then Display Settings Under Resolution move the slider to the desired resolution and click Apply How are we suppose to do this if we cannot see our screen This problem makes it impossible to view the screen unless you know exactly where your going without the monitor then it s impossible nbsp

A:Unplugged Monitor From Computer, Now No Signal/Input Not Supported.

If its a resolution issue you need to try and boot into safe mode. Do you get anything onscreen at start up or does it go immeadiately into unsupported mode?

I've never tried to get into Vista safe mode so I don't know, is it still done by tapping the F8 key or the F5 to get the boot menu? Anyway, once booted into safe mode you will be able to see the screen and reset the resolution to a supported one if that is the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-monitor-from-computer-now-no-signal-input-not-supported.735841/