Windows Support Forum

Access 2010 Help Merging 4 Excel Files into One Access Database

Q: Access 2010 Help Merging 4 Excel Files into One Access Database

I am working for a company that has four people (four different computers) entering data into four different Excel 2010 files on a shared drive. I would like to create a master file on my own computer for the purpose of generating reports. How do I create one Access database that includes all of the information from the four different excel files? Also, can this Access file be continuously updated as the four Excel files are updated each day? Thank you!!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Access 2010 Help Merging 4 Excel Files into One Access Database

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 100.62%

According to what I've read, Access 2010 uses the same database format as Access 2007. So this should mean I can open and run a 2007 database (with a lot of VBA code) in Access 2010 with no trouble, yes?

So why do I have the feeling that something is not going to work? Is it because I have been through to many Access upgrades?

A:Any problems using Access 2007 database with Access 2010?

Hi bbinnard,

If you have not purchase Access 2010 yet, what I'd recommend the Trial Version and play around with it for quite a while.
Relevancy 93.31%

I have a table of data that is an export from a phone that I want to import into Outlook.
The problem is that for every different phone number I have a new record in the table.
EX. Ron Jones cellphone is line 1 Ron Jones Home phone is line 2, Ron Jones Pagor is line 3. If I import this into Outlook it will create 3 separate entries or records for Ron Jones.
I need to somehow bring together all the like records with all the phone numbers. Therefore Ron Jones will have his name and cell, home and pagor # on one record.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Relevancy 92.02%

hi i have a 2010 database with a form which is linked to a table, the form is made up of text boexes and combo boxes, i would like to creat a button that clears the data in the combo boxes only. can anyone help with this,. thanks in advance

Relevancy 90.73%

Hi All
I have just been passed a database and when viewing the Forms and the customer number. eg. Customer ID 10008 but the record on the form show say 1184, 1 - 4118. But the database has 11000 records but when viewing from the forms it only shows 1 - 4118 records.

Anyone any idea?

Where i should start looking to solve this issue.

Thanks Beforehand

Relevancy 89.87%

Back Story I have quite a large project on my hands Our company computer users has an IT department people the director and myself that is in dire need of organization We re running multiple VMs SQL Server Exchange SharePoint several custom apps not to mention we have devices that range from Windows XP desktops to Windows laptops to iPads spread across remote offices warehouses apart from our corporate headquarters The director runs reports that he designs on a moment s notice from SQL to address specific users needs but he s the only one that can utilize them or their design and functionality If you re wondering how we ve gotten to where we are now I d like to know myself Anyway I ve decided to consolidate some more mainstream information users hardware software inventory vendor information company offices jobsites etc in a more accessible format The Goal Being relatively new to all this the company and databases in general I figured I could begin with a standalone database in Access We have a good bit of information I d like to obtain from existing sources and link compile it all into one spot Some examples IT Department (Access Database Design 2010) of what I d like to achieve are Users with active accounts in IT Department Database Design (Access 2010) AD Inventory linked to users locations etc Orders of new inventory where they were charged who they went to and update the inventory accordingly Forms for other users to add information and keep it all organized We have an existing table of inventory from before I got here with around records of inventory assigned to users It s basically an Excel spreadsheet however manual data entry apparently only about of the users on the spreadsheet are active match or even exist in AD Not knowing how to query a list of users from AD I just pulled a SharePoint list of users that access our intranet giving me a more reliable user table The Current Problem I need some advice on the table relationship design before I even start see the image below We have barcoded stickers on physical inventory with TagIDs which can be tied to users in tblUsers but I m stuck with tying in software All the tables in the image need to be relatable with tblOrders having the ability to update information in tblUserInventory at some point in time In general I m just wanting to learn more about databases and how they can make our lives easier Thanks in advance and please ask questions to help further clarify my intentions nbsp

Relevancy 89.87%

Hi guys,

I built a small database in Access which is now on our server with a number of people using it.

How do I, working with a copy, upload my changes to the active database?

So if I just change a form for instance?

Many thanks....

A:Working on Access 2010 database without disrupting others

Well you will probably need the users to exit the database or do it when they have all gone home or before they start.
Then you upload your change(s) and then replace the item in question, you can if you want delete the original item first before uploading if you want.
It is possible to use VBA to "force" the users out of the database.
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi can someone please help me to remove a password i have set on my access database I know the password but i am unable to find a way to remove it i have done a search database 2010 Access password removal on the microsoft web site and i have got the followinf info Remove a password Open the database in Exclusive mode How do I open a database in Exclusive mode On the File tab click Open In the Open dialog box browse to the file that you want to open and then select the file Click the arrow next to the Open button and then click Open Exclusive The following figure depicts the menu On the File tab click Info and then click Decrypt Database The Unset Database Password dialog box appears Type your password in the Password Access 2010 database password removal box and then click OK I have followed these instructions but when i get to theclick On the File tab then click Info and then click Decrypt Database the Decrypt database option is not there So can someone help me please

A:Access 2010 database password removal

Hi i am not sure what the security is. when it loads it asks me for the password and then works fine it just will not let me remove the password.
If i open it in the exclusive mode i put in the password and the i get to option to set a password.
But whatever i enter it say not a valid password if i try and set a new one.

So does this mean it might be user level security

I enter data into this database on a daily basis and i have some old backups and it will let me remove the password from them ok but not the latest version.

Regards to you all

Hope you can help
Relevancy 89.87%

I m trying to build a new database from scratch to Design Access New Database 2010 Issue keep track of memberships in an association Tables ProvCode TBL ProvId Fld Autonumber Indexed ProvDescription Fld Text Provincial Description ProvAbv Fld Text letters abbreviation MemebershipType Access 2010 New Database Design Issue TBL TypeId Fld AutoNumber Indexed TypeDescription Fld Text Description of what type of membership Cost Fld Currency Cost of Membership I may not include this because at a later date if the membership fee changes Access 2010 New Database Design Issue that will throw all the income from memebership out of whack MembershipInfo TBL This probably has to be split some how but where I don t see MemberId Fld Auto Number Index MemberNbr Fld Assigned from Index but the number never changes if the database is compacted or members deleted I ve found that trying to use autonumbering as a number doesn t work over the long term as deleting information compacting and repair can cause all sorts of problems MemberType Fld Number Lookup from MembershipType TBL Cost Fld Currency cost of membership or this may be a lookup from the MembershipType TBL Title Fld Text Mr Mrs Miss FirstName Fld Text First Name SecondName Fld Text Second Name or Initial Last Name Fld Text Last Name Mail Fld Text First Line of Address physical or mailing Mail Fld Text Second line of Mailing Address Location Fld text City or Community ProvAbv Fld Lookup from ProvCode Tbl PostCode Fld text Postal Code HomePhone Fld text Home phone number WorkPhone Fld text Work Phone CellPhone Fld text Cell phone umber Email Fld Text Email Address Payment Fld Method of Payment Cheque Cash OriginalDate Fld Date Original membership Date CurrentDate Fld Date of Last Payment from which we can derive if they are paid up for this year or not There are types of membership Full - Full Member with voting rights and insurance for activities Associate - Non Voting Member and No insurance for activities and they must may a fee for activities Corporate - Non Voting but their members have insurance during activities Family - Voting up to members and they have insurance for up to registered they can purchase addition insurance for additional family members Which is where my problem comes in MemberId Fld autonumber indexed can cover multiple people in the Corporate and the Family groups But the MembershipNbr Fld has to be individual so it can t be automatically assigned from the autonumber That is one issue but I do want the MemberNbr Fld numbers to be consecutive but never change So can I some how do XXX- XXX- XXX- for the membernbr fld off the memberId Fld So I m probably going to have to split the membership information into two parts somehow I don t want to start building this and get too far down the path then find I can t make the forms work to cover the additional people I had this happen with another database I spent months on only to find that with my limited knowledge I couldn t make it do what I wanted and had to resort to a spreadsheet Which is not great for data Again I want to build this idiot proof for the people that have to use it nbsp

Relevancy 89.01%

For my study I am required to design build and test a form driven database for a video rental store named quot Greatest Hits quot I ll admit I m not very knowledgeable in database design Video Access database help Solved: 2010 store - or any software related works really so bare with me Now the store stocks both movies and video games for hire and requires information such as an individual ID number Solved: Access 2010 - Video store database help title type console category genre hire fee etc as well as customer details The ability to track each copy is also required Here s the layout I Solved: Access 2010 - Video store database help have chosen I was told it was not suitable because it does not meet rd form normalization but they won t tell me why so any help would be great tblMembers MemberID Surname FirstName Gender Address Suburb Postcode PhoneNumber EmailAddress DateofBirth DateJoined tblGames GameTitle Category HireFee tblGameInventory GameID GameTitle Console InStore tblGameHireHistory HireID MemberID GameID HireFee HireDate DueDate ReturnDate OnTime OverDueFee tblMovies MovieTitle Category HireFee tblMovieInventory MovieID MovieTitle MovieType InStore tblMovieHireHistory HireID MemberID MovieID HireFee HireDate DueDate ReturnDate OnTime OverDueFee I know a lot of information is repeated but due to requirements including needing seven tables it s the best I could come up with Thanks in advance Mark nbsp

Relevancy 89.01%

I have Access 2010 and want to compact and repair the database.

I get this error message (this is translated, so it is not the exact words):

"Cannont compact and repair the database. You may not have permission to the folder where the database reside. You must have full permission to the database folder to be able to compact and repair the database. Contact the system administrator for more information."

The only information I have found on this matter is for Access 2003, and it was related to user permissions in the database. And in Access 2010 there is no user permissions anymore.

Is the problem related to permissions on the server (the database file is located on a server (not Sharepoint)). Since the user can open the database I guess she have permission to create files (the .laccdb-file is created when the database is opened).

I am lost here. Can anyone help me?
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello folks I am currently trying to get to grips with access as I was hoping it would fulfill my requirement I need Database Access 2010 Beginner Basica Question, to keep track of serial numbers of products along with the corresponding product type date despatched customers and customer order number I would like to be able to have an option to search on any Access 2010 Basica Database Question, Beginner field ie serial number or date or product or customer etc etc and have the database present me with all the matching records - for example i would like to find all products sent to The Blue Company and have the database list the records in full detail Ive created a table with all the fields required for data entry however im struggling a little with how I go Access 2010 Basica Database Question, Beginner about creating a search function i guess for use in the datasheet view-as i require a list of matching records which will search the test records ive added I have created a combo box which seems Access 2010 Basica Database Question, Beginner to narrow down a search to only one record -almost like a spreadsheet would - however i want a list of The Blue Company records not just the first record which has that as a match I dont know all of the correct terminology so apologies if i am not making complete sence but I beleive what I am trying to do is not very complex and hopefully just need a breif shove in the right direction My current lotus database will let me do this but its quite limited in other ways Thank you for your time Mark nbsp

Relevancy 89.01%

I have a database in access that I am trying to send to Excel. One of the fields within the database contains about a paragraph of text. When I send it to Excel, I am losing a portion of the text. Any idea how to change that? I have resized the excel cell and that did not work.

A:Access Database to Excel?

Microsoft Excel Specifications (Excel Help) gives the following limitations to field contents.

Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar Click to expand...

Any greater than 32,767 and you will risk losing them in the conversion, but if its just a para or two you should be fine, but you will see it truncated, with the rest 'hidden', so to speak. Its an inbuilt limitation I'm afraid. You could try splitting the contents to an additional field, though that could be messy to look at and manipulate.

Relevancy 88.15%

I have found from several forums and support sites including Microsoft that many users are asking solution for the error generating by MS Access 2010 or 2007 while running their custom made Access 2003 database usually after after upgrade.
The error is showing as "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: The expression you entered has a function name that Microsoft Office Access can't find."

The solution is as below:
This error is causing due to disabled macro setting by default. So you will need to enable the macro as per the following method.
Go to File > Options > Trust Center
Then Click on "Trust Center Settings".
Here click on the Option " Show the Message Bar ... ..."
Re-open the Access File in exclusive mode
Now click on the yellow message bar on to to enable macro..... ..... problem solved.

A:Access 2010 or 2007 upgrade error for 2003 database

Welcome to TSG and I appreciate the pro-active post.

A another solution is to learn the Trust Center. In there you can enable all macros.
Relevancy 88.15%

I am trying to incorporate a customer perks program well we already have it but 2010: with benifits simple database customer access a creating it s on paper Anyways what I do is every time a customer spends any money we have a card that we punch for every reached any over the is carried over to the next punch i guess seeing that is how we log the limit every time When six punches are reached for a total accumulated of they will receive a gift certificate Now in access I have created a customers table and a purchases table I think I want to add fields labeled as Purchase purchase and so on until purchase but while entering the st or third purchase I want the purchase field to be limited to and sent the rest to purchase access 2010: creating a simple customer database with benifits ie Susie purchase worth of goods and I go and open my newly created database on an entry form and pull her name up then tab to purchases today then in Purchase input access 2010: creating a simple customer database with benifits the and automatically show up in purchase Now that I am thinking about it I think I need to call them punches - instead of purchases they could have years of purchases Maybe I am over complicating access 2010: creating a simple customer database with benifits this I can post a picture of what our paper card looks like now I assume I can make the form function like it At the least I need to input customers with purchase date and purchase history which I think I can do but I want the database to tell me when Susie hits the limits then clear it when a Gift certificate is issued I could tie the gift certificate in later But please let me know if I need to provide anymore detail i do have Asperger s Syndrome so I do tend to ramble nbsp

A:access 2010: creating a simple customer database with benifits

huzjay, welcome to the Forum.
You need a Customer table, which you have, a "Transaction table" which contains a field for the Customers ID key field plus the date and any data you want to log about the transaction, but not the sales items.
You then need a TransactionItems table to log the TransactionID and the sales items and the prices.
Do you have a Sales Items table with the item description and price?

I would not worry about the transfer of each amount over $20 to the next record, just put it all in until $120 or more is reached, then make the gift certificate, subtract the 120 from the running total and if you want add it to a "Certificates paid on" field.
These calculations can be done using VBA, the list of customers who have reached $120 can be generated by a query and displayed on a form.
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello friends,

It is the first time I am posting a help thread on internet, hope I can find answers here.
Issue: I have modified a calculated field in a access table and got an error that I am unable top open the table anymore (not in edit mode or normal mode). I have read on the net that I should hit "Compact and repair" the database, so I did.
After 1 second my table with a lot of calculated columns disappeared and now I cannot use the database.
I tried to restore from backup my database but the location is on my desktop and there were no backups made since 1 month.

Is there any possible way to restore the deleted table?

Thank you in advance!
Relevancy 87.72%

I am using office 2003 and need to combine 20 plus spreadsheets with identical headings into an access database. Each spreadsheet contains about 1-2000 records and there could be about 500 spread sheets. Maybe some type of lookup table - any ideas welcomed.

A:Inserting Excel Into Access Database

File menu > Get External Data and then click Import.
I don't recall whether the merger happens during import or whether you will merge several new Access tables into one later.

Make sure you have simple column properties, really clear dates, text, numbers. You can tweak things in Access but only if the initial conversion didn't mess up.
Relevancy 87.72%

In Excel, I want to type a SKU into A1. This SKU will query a access database and import specific data into cells B1 C1 and D1. A2 will have a different SKU, A3 yet another one, etc. The query must pull information based on what I type into the A* fields.

Relevancy 87.72%

I'm trying to write some code that will take some info from excel and update a table in Access, but unsure how to go about it. I know haw to do what I need with SQL, and how to execute it in VB code, but can't get it to work from Excel.

EG I need a control button in excel to select the data from one row in a workbook and add it to the table in the access database.

There are other things I will need it to do, but if I can get this bit sorted then I will work the rest out from there.

Thanks in advance!

A:Using VB in Excel to manipulate access database

is it worth just linking the exel spreadsheet in access as a table and then using an access query to update from the exel spreadsheet into the table you have in access
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi, I have a database of contacts, each contact has a reference number. In Excel I use the same reference number in column A, I would like to use this number in Excel to lookup from my database the full name of my contact from my Access database. Is this possible? thank you

Relevancy 86%

I try to print the quot Relation quot but it's in a big mass Object Sheet Many sheets there Sheet Manage Database Schema Excel, Access, Resumes Awards Awards Numbers Applicant ID Awards Year Reference Numbers Sheet Certificate Certificate Numbers Applicant ID Certificate Institute Keyword City Country Reference Numbers Sheet Education Education Numbers Applicant ID Education Degree Type Education Course Name Education Institution Name KeyWord City Country Start Year End Year Education Graduated On Education Comments Reference Numbers Sheet Education amp Experience Number Applicant ID Employee Excel, Access, Resumes Manage Database Schema Last Name Employee First Name Education Degree Type Education Course Name Education Institution Name Education Graduated On Education Comments Language Licenses Issue Date Licenses Renewal Date Licenses ID Licenses Description Licenses Comments Training or Skills Completion Date Training or Skills Group Name Training or Skills Training Name Training or Skills Proficiency Training or Skills Renewal Date Training or Skills Renewal Date Comments Awards Certificate Work Experience Reference Reference Phone Reference Business Phone Reference Mobile or Cellular Reference Email Address Reference Company Reference Position Sheet Employee Name Applicant ID First Name Last Name Marital Status Single or Married Date of Birth yyyy m d Age Dependents Gender Male or Female disabled disabilityPerCent DetailsOfDisability Address Address City or Township State or Province Country Postal Code Home Phone Home Phone Home Phone Business Phone Fax Number Mobile or Cellular Pager Number Email Address Email Address Email Address Web Site Prefer Position Ethnic Origin Citizenship Visa Type Visa Expires Employee Type Full Time Regular or Part Time Regular ExpectedReturnUSD Apply Job YearProfessionalHighSchool YearProfessionalCollege YearProfessionalMaster Sheet Language Numbers Applicant ID Language Sheet Licenses Licenses Numbers Applicant ID Licenses Issue Date Licenses Renewal Date Licenses ID Licenses Description Licenses Comments Reference Numbers Sheet Reference Reference Numbers Awards Numbers Certificate Numbers Education Numbers Licenses Numbers Training or Skills Numbers Work Experience Numbers Reference Reference Phone Reference Business Phone Reference Mobile or Cellular Reference Email Address Reference Company Reference Position Sheet Training or Skills Training or Skills Numbers Applicant ID Completion Date Institute Name TrainingName TrainingSubjects TrainingProficiency City Country Start End Years Training Renewal Date Training Renewal Date Comments Reference Numbers Sheet Work Experience Work Experience Numbers Applicant ID Company Work Experience Position SalaryUSD Start Year End Year Years Location city Location Country Reference Numbers Too many data to record In trouble relation I must sort which data is necessary And redesign the sheets Any suggest Someone said use Excel Department Position Location Sequence number Shift Pay scale code DCA G S -DCA - - - -G S names count of position numbers positions filled positions authorized Use Word to create relevant forms such as personnel action forms position authorization elimination etc Eventually upscale to Access to also track position history and employee history and linked directly to our payroll database Adding various features This meet the requirement of the company
Relevancy 86%

Hi all,

I have access database for which the source file need to be from excel file from SharePoint. I am doing this manually download the excel file from SharePoint and upload into access database . Is there any way to create command button in access to download the file from SharePoint based on the URL provided by us.

I think for this we should use some VBA codes to execute this download.

Thanks in advance.

A:access database download excel file from sharepoint

You can use WebDAV that will make SP site look and use like a normal folder structure. Our Network admins implemented shortly after upgrading to SP10 and it has been a live saver.
I am able to acces folders like \\MySharePoint\DavWWWRoot\DDS\QA\Consumers and access files stored in sharepoint folder. I think configuration is available to allow the skipping of the wwwRoot part as well.

You might also try using the url path and replaceing the %20% with a space.
Relevancy 85.14%

I need to send an email notification(To Outlook Inbox) to specific users that, the excel/Access database has been updated and saved by an user with his name.

This notification should be sent everyday at a specific time.

Can anybody help me out in achieving this using macros or by any means.?

Thanks in advance!!!

A:Send email notification from Excel/Access Database to Outlook

Have you looked at the "sendObject" method?

DoCmd.SendObject , , , "YourEMAIL", , , "TEST"

Leave the Object name /format blank and you can send without attachement, you can do with a macro or VBA....this is from Access only, if you need Excel let me know, it is different.

Not clear on how you want to trigger, because essentially the UPDATE, should be the trigger, but you mention same time everyday...that may not be relevant because what ever action does the update maybe able to trigger the send.

I also use this to get around Outlook security...
Relevancy 84.28%

I am reposting this question I was unable to get back to it in a timely manner to provide the data so here is my question again with supporting files I have an access application that produces from Access in Problem when data Excel' using database 'Analyze converting char a report that can be downloaded into excel using the option on the toolbar to Analyze in Excel I am having a Problem converting char data when using 'Analyze in Excel' from Access database problem with one of the columns which is getting the data converted to a negative number in some cases or some other type of char data I assume it s because the data some of the data is all numeric so it assumes a numeric field but then it runs into char data and is making some kind of data conversion I am trying to see if anyone knows how I can fix this The data is automatically being loaded into access from a teradata relational table and it is defined as char in the table and that s what it should be in excel It is also defined as text data in the access database which is correct But when loading it into excel from access it is not always correct I am attaching a sample of data The file beginning with database is what my query returns The file beginning with rpt is what the report returns and then is put into excel using Analyze it in Excel The data that gets converted incorrectly is in a column called MPN Look for a value of in the column called CPN This is the CPN that has the incorrect value in the file beginning with rpt I included the entire file because I wonder if it has to do with excel somehow looking at the first X number of records and determining a field type Not sure I can attach a sample of the access application if that will help more I am displaying a report format from a from which is calling a report Then I select select the option to Analyze it in Excel This is where I am having the problem Thanks so much and thanks to all those who answered my previous post but I was not able to get sample data out there in a timely manner nbsp

A:Problem converting char data when using 'Analyze in Excel' from Access database

Please reply to your existing thread where you are already receiving help.
Relevancy 82.56%

Can anyone tell me how to stop access from creating a lock file?

I have multiple users who need access to a database at the same time, but currently only one person can be in at a time due to the lock file that the database automatically creates on opening.

I have tried to change the file attributes, but this didn't work.

Many thanks.

A:Access database lock files - can they be switched off????

jacobsdad, which version of Access are you talking about.
The normal opening mode for Access is "Not Locked".
It can be opened in "Exclusive" (Locked) mode in a shortcut.
It can also be set to Exclusive in the Main Menu>Tools>Options>Advanced Tab.
Relevancy 80.84%

Help! I would like to convert to computerized recordkeeping. The only software available to me is Office 2010 suite. I have created an Access 2010 budget database that includes purchases, vendors and users. I also have created an Excel 2010 spreadsheet with beginning budget amounts and purchases that works very much like a checkbook. However, I don't want to have to enter information in both. Early next week, I have to produce a report that shows what percentage of our available budget we are spending on a vendor. This report will be used as a visual to ask for more money. Any suggestions on the best way to do that for a someone who is not familiar with VBS or SQL or any other real techno language?

A:Access 2010? Excel 2010? or both?

If all of the information is in Access already just create a report based on the vendors and money spent with each. You can easily do this if the data is set up correctly in the database.
Relevancy 80.84%

I use Windows and Excel I 2010 file denied access to Excel one created a file and was using it for some time and now when I try to open it it says either quot Access denied Contract your administrator quot or quot You don t have permission to open this file Excel 2010 access denied to one file Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission quot I created the file I do network with other computers Excel 2010 access denied to one file and everything is stored on one of those Those computers have older versions of Microsoft Office but we haven t had a problem with any other file It appears that somehow this file was saved as an Excel worksheet xlsx I guess in even though I have it on the setting to save as a - file Usually it will still open after converting on the other computers When they try to open it says quot Cannot access read-only document quot but the read-only is not checked in properties I NEED to get in to this file how do I do it nbsp

A:Excel 2010 access denied to one file

f1prop said:

I use Windows 7 and Excel 2010. I created a file and was using it for some time and now when I try to open it it says either "Access denied. Contract your administrator." or "You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission."

I created the file. I do network with 2 other computers and everything is stored on one of those. Those computers have older versions of Microsoft Office, but we haven't had a problem with any other file. It appears that somehow this file was saved as an Excel worksheet (xlsx) (I guess in 2010) even though I have it on the setting to save as a 1997-2003 file. Usually it will still open after converting on the other computers. When they try to open it says "Cannot access read-only document" but the read-only is not checked in properties.

I NEED to get in to this do I do it???Click to expand...

Let's see if it is a permissions error.
Try right clicking on the file (before you open it), go to Properties, Security, under "GROUP OR USER NAMES" click on yourself (your username), then check on the box below that " PERMISSIONS FOR ________" and check to see that you have READ privileges. If you see a check mark next to "READ" then you do, if you don't have a check mark there go to "EDIT", click on yourself, and click on "READ" ALLOW's check mark. Check and see if you can open the file after that.

Hope it helps!
Relevancy 79.98%

When I'm importing an Excel spreadsheet into an Access DB the import wizard gives me a dialog box stating that the subscript is out of range. Importing rows is 66 lakhs. we are not able to import at a time that excel file. I'm working with Office 2010
Relevancy 79.98%

Greetings I am trying to use Excel VBA to export a worksheet to an Access Access Unrecognized to Format - Excel to Export VBA DB 2010 table My code includes references to the Access Object Unrecognized DB Format - Excel VBA to Export to Access 2010 and DAO Object libraries When executing the code I receive the following error Runtime Error Unrecognized Database Format Filepath I m not Unrecognized DB Format - Excel VBA to Export to Access 2010 sure if the database is corrupt but I have run the repair and compact utility on the file in Access several times I ve also imported the table into a new Access Unrecognized DB Format - Excel VBA to Export to Access 2010 db but still see the same error The error arises when executing the ninth statement bolded of the following code Sub ExportSheetToAccess Dim oSelect As Range i As Long j As Integer sPath As String ActiveSheet Activate Set oSelect Application InputBox quot Range quot Range quot A quot CurrentRegion Address Dim oDAO As DAO DBEngine oDB As DAO Database oRS As DAO Recordset ChDir ActiveWorkbook Path Assumes workbook and database are in the same filepath sPath Application GetOpenFilename quot Access accdb quot If sPath quot False quot Then Exit Sub Set oDAO New DAO DBEngine Set oDB oDAO OpenDatabase sPath Set oRS oDB OpenRecordset quot Rankings quot For i To oSelect Rows Count skips label row oRS AddNew For j To oSelect Columns Count assumes Field is Auto oRS Fields j oSelect Cells i j Next j oRS Update Next i oDB Close If MsgBox quot Open the table quot vbYesNo vbYes Then Dim oApp As Access Application Set oApp New Access Application oApp Visible True oApp OpenCurrentDatabase sPath oApp DoCmd OpenTable quot Rankings quot acViewNormal acReadOnly oApp DoCmd GoToRecord acLast DoEvents End If End Sub Any insight on how to resolve is greatly appreciated Shane nbsp
Relevancy 78.26%

If I upgrade only the Outlook part of my Office 2003 installation to Outlook 2010 will the "Ribbon" style menu of Outlook 2010 be installed in my remaining Office 2003 menus?

I accept that at some point I will probably have to get to grips with the "Ribbon" style menus introduced initially in Office 2007. However, for the time being I would prefer to keep the classic menu layouts in Access 2003 and Excel 2003.

A:Will Installation Of Outlook 2010 Install Ribbon In Access/Excel 2003

Aud Bint, No Installing outlook 2010 will not add anything to the office 2003 products that you have installed.
One problem that I noticed with office 2003 and outlook 2010 is that Sometimes after a microsoft update where they update some of the office products and outlook. You have to go to installed programs and repair the outlook 2010. It happened almost any time that microsoft updates were run and the office products were also updated.

Relevancy 77.83%

I have MS Access 2000. I initially created a long book list several years ago. I recently found a template from the MS database for books that I downloaded that I like better. I have tried importing the data from the old database to the new one but with no luck. Both are in Access 2000. I am running Win2K.

Relevancy 77.83%

Is it possible to convert an Access 2000 database to Access 7.0? I have an old machine that I would like to run a database on but it only has Access 7.0 for WIndows 95.

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello All,
Our company had a photo booth with an F-35 fighter jet at a recent technology show. Individuals were allowed to have there pic taken in front of the aircraft with a pretty model. Now I have over 2500 pictures and over 2500 individuals that need their pic emailed to them. I have an Access database with a name, email address and a picture. Each name has a different image. How can I automatically send each person their picture through Outlook? I would like it to automatically populate a new email with the address and corresponding pic then have it be sent on its way while I am home sleeping. Can this be done? Is there a command that can run a VB script in Access to accomplish this? I thank you profusely in advance.

Relevancy 76.97%

I m trying to get the results of Access queries to be linked to an Excel workbook I ve been using the Data tab in Excel clicking the quot From Access quot button in the upper left / - 2007 to database Access Solved: a 2007 Excel Linking and choosing Solved: Access 2007 / Excel 2007 - Linking to a database the Access database Then it asks what query I want to link The problem arises when I try to link a specific query which we ll call qry x This query is based on Solved: Access 2007 / Excel 2007 - Linking to a database several other queries one of which is qry z Frustratingly when I try to link qry x to the Excel workbook I get an error Solved: Access 2007 / Excel 2007 - Linking to a database message that says that Access can t find qry z and suggests maybe I spelled the name incorrectly However qry z definitely exists as part of the database and when I run qry x which is based on qry z in Access the correct results are displayed with no error Note qry x is the only query this is happening to I can link any other query with no problem at all including qry z What could be going wrong Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

I have 2 excel files. (Excel1.xls and Excel2.xls)

Excel1.xls has the following columns:

Client name | ID| FACS

Excel2.xls has the follwoing columns:

Client name | ID| FACS

I would like to connect this two excel files together and get the FACS number from the second excel file (excel2.xls and insert it in the excel1.xls under the FACS column) But it needs to match the client so all the FACS numbers go to the right client. The client list may be mixed and its not in order.

Can anyone help me please?
Id appreciate it
Thank you

Relevancy 75.25%

I'm new to both Windows and Office Professional both of which are on my new Toshiba laptop After installed MSO I copied some database files from my XP desktop files were created using Office Although old Word doc and Excel xls files are properly associated with Office the database files mdb are not If I click on one I get some strange screen saying quot Other Files Exist The selected locations do not contain pictures quot PICTURES What the he I tried to associate mdb with Access but Access is not listed only quot Microsoft Office quot The associations for Word and Excel are directly to those executable exe file but no so with Access Even worse the G D Win Explorer does not show anywhere near the files Access [SOLVED] Cannot with .mdb find way 2010 associate files to that XP did [SOLVED] Cannot find way to associate .mdb files with Access 2010 and I cannot find ANY ANY MSO files anywhere on the HD They're there because I can open Word and Excel files no problem I can also open Access the click Open and find the mdb file I want and it opens How does one find the executable Office component files where the devil are they and how can I associate mdb files with Access when it is NEVER listed anywhere

A:[SOLVED] Cannot find way to associate .mdb files with Access 2010

If you have shortcuts to Word/excel, have you considered using their paths to locate those exes and therefore Access as well?
Relevancy 74.82%

Ok I have one more question-a few people have other versions of Access in my program and need to use the database that I created in Access 97. A few people tried and couldn't open it. Is there an easy way to converting this so they can use it on their computers? Thanks for the help.

A:Access 97 database in Access 2000?

Access should prompt them to either open the DB file or convert it to the newer version on startup. If it doesn't you can open the newer version of Access and go to Tools > Database Utilities > Convert Database.
Warning: Everything in your DB may not convert properly so be ready to do some work if this happens.
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi everybody I have a problem with my MS Access and can amp t use the wizard for creating database objects forms report table queries etc Whenever I choose Wizard option to create those database objects I get the following error message Microsoft Access can amp t find the wizard or there is syntax error in the Declaration section of a Visual Basic module Wizard Can't access Access MS database The wizard you need may be missing from the libraries key of the Can't access MS Access database Wizard Microsoft Access section of the Windows Registry To make sure that the wizard is in the Windows Registry run Setup to reinstall Microsoft Access and the compile all Visual Basic modules in the database I reinstalled the MS Access as instructed in the message but I don amp t know where to find and compile those Visual Basic modules I also don amp t know how to get to libraries key of the Microsoft Access section of the Windows Registry I tried to reinstall the software by using two different versions of software CDs MS Office and XP and both failed to solve the problem I also tried unsuccessfully to access Add-Ins feature from the Tools menu in order to add the missing component Please help me ishak nbsp

A:Can't access MS Access database Wizard

Funny I had the same error last night. I ran Setup from the CD (from RUN prompt) checked off the access wizard. Then went and did what I was doing, it still asked to install the feature but it worked that time.

If that does not help the is an MS article, basically, if you are in "Break mode" of a module that could also cause it.
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I ve developed a database in Access and am using the Navigation Form for users to access the different forms and it s working very well The problem is we still have some workers who are on Windows & Switchboard 2010 Solved: 2007 Navigation Access Access Form XP boxes with Office and the Navigation Form won t work for them I ve Solved: Access 2007 Switchboard & Access 2010 Navigation Form been asked to develop an Access Switchboard which will mimic the Navigation form so there is some continuity between them and so that once all the systems have been upgraded the users willbe familiar with the interface I easily designed a form with the look or the Navigation Form but haven t been able to figure out how to handle opening the different subforms on the one main form Is it Solved: Access 2007 Switchboard & Access 2010 Navigation Form possible to place an Unbound Frame on the form and with a click of a button open a subform in the Frame or have a button just open a subform How would that be coded Thanks for your assistance nbsp

A:Solved: Access 2007 Switchboard & Access 2010 Navigation Form

I am a bit confused because Subforms normally open when a mainform opens.
I am not familiar with the Access 2010 navigation form so I am not sure what you are trying to do.
Relevancy 74.82%

Here's the question- how do I open a form in an existing database from another db in Access 2010 using VBA and give it focus. I can open the external db and it's form but cannot figure how to give it focus. I'm trying to create a master form that will call various databases that each have a form. Seems simple, open the master menu, click on a button that then opens the called db and the associated form. Do my business exit the db and am back at the master form. I would be okay to just close the master db, all it has it the main menu or leave it open. Doesn't matter which I just want to open the called db and form and have its focus.
Relevancy 74.82%

I'm building a database application in Visual Basic .NET and I want to know what is the equivalent code of this when I want to make a connection to mysql:

Protected connString As String = _
"Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source = " & loc & "\dbProject.mdb;"

Private cn As OleDb.OleDbConnection = New OleDb.OleDbConnection(connString)

Private ConnectionString As String = connString

A:Exporting MS Access Database to MySQL Database

You would have to have the MySQL driver for it on the server regardless.
Relevancy 74.82%

I don't support Access, nor have I been trained in it, but I've been asked if I can help in this problem.
An Access database connects externally to a SQLServer database at login time for the application. How do I find which external database they are connecting to? I know that there is a way to go behind the forms to see the source code, but I cant remember how to do this.
I cannot find an obvious User/System file dsn on the PC to give me a clue.
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi Guys,

Im trying to write some code that will copy my access database , tables and data to a new sql server database, ive got the code to create the sql database but i need to populate it from my application

Any answers would be grateful

A:Copy an access database to SQL server database using VB.NET

Google: import access to sql server
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello VBA expers. I have Access 2010. I'm looking for code to say at a push of a button, be able to open up a dialog box in Access to select which Excel file(s) to import and append to an existing table. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 73.96%

I had some files waiting to be burned and decided not to burn them at that time. I proceeded to delete them from the burning task and then emptied my recycle bin. At some point I ran CCLeaner. I just noticed that all files I had planned to burn and instead deleted from the burn task now have the same date and time. They also will not open in anything. So, safe to assume they are gone or can someone help me restore them?

Relevancy 73.96%

I have a problem with an Excel file that I want to auto update against data
in other Excel files - unfortunately the source files are created by Access
and so are Excel 95 format. The update works fine if the source files are
open but gives an error message if not. If I re-save the source file as Excel
2000 it works without the error. There will be circa 240 source files and
when updated by Access will be over written so it is not feasible to manually
convert the files.

Any ideas or has MS beaten me on this one? :blackeye:
Relevancy 73.96%

Hey guys long time no hear! Anyhoo, The office has recently upgraded all the computers to Microsoft Office 2010 except for mine because of my Access 2007 database. Hey they're more network/server oriented then software oriented so understandably they're a little gun-shy. Well, just wondering what consequences lie out there if I upgrade? Don't like what I'm reading out there right now, but I have always liked TSG's input on matters.

Relevancy 73.96%

I created a database using Microsoft Access 2013 and tried to distribute it to users of Access 2010 (both use the .accdb extension). When the Access 2010 users try to open the database, they get error messages that they are missing a reference called MSOPRIV.DLL Version 2.7. There may be others, but this is the first thing that comes up. The missing reference is needed because the database does a lot of interaction with other Microsoft Office products (Outlook and Word). Does anyone have an idea how I could embed the proper references into the database so it would work on the previous version of Access?
Relevancy 73.96%

I have just installed microsoft offfice professional 2010 on a new windows 7 PC.

I would like to open access 2000 files, but when I try to I get an error message that the file cannot be converted.

My daughter has access 2010 on her laptop and it opens the access 2000 file ok.

Any thoughts?

Relevancy 73.96%

My company was using Office 2003 until 4 months ago when they moved to Office 2010. When they install Office 2010 Office 2003 was left on the machines so that we currently have both versions installed. I have developed and deployed several databases since Go Live, all in Access 2010, and all was going fine until Office 2003 was uninstalled from several machines and when they tried to open the database they got:

"Execution of this application has stopped due to a run-time error.
The application can’t continue and will be shut down."

I went all thought the code and couldn't find anything so on a whim our IT guy, the one that had removed Office 2003 reinstalled it and BAM, working again.

I have no clue as to what is going on here, Shared DLL, a Reference that's 2003, nothing. i need any thoughts as to where to look and what it might possibly be.

A:Solved: Access 2010 / Access 2003 Issue

When you uninstalled Access 2003 did you re-install or repair Access 2010, Office overwrites certain dll files so that the one in current use has control, if you then uninstall it the dll files do not necessarily return control to 2010, hence re-installing 2003 also re-installed the dll files.
Normally you can't run both versions of Access at the same time due to this problem.
Relevancy 73.96%

I created a database in Access 2007 but my client has just upgraded to 2010. I have not upgraded yet. My problem is that when I took a copy of the program home so I could tweak it some, my 2007 will not open it. I get a message that the format is uncrecognizable although the extensions are the same. With earlier versions of Access, I have noticed some loss of function or changes in the appearance of forms, but I have never experienced a databse being unrecognizable. The options under 2010 allow a database to be saved down to 2000-2003, but not 2007. I can't figure how I can work on this at home unless I go ahead and upgrade. Please advise.
Relevancy 73.96%

I have an access 2003 database that calls a VB6 module. The module starts and then I get a run-time error 75 path/file access error. I can execute the vb module outside of access but I have to run as administrator for it to work correctly. What can I fix so that the call from access will execute? I believe the issue is with comctl32.ocx and the status bar control inside the vb module.
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello, I am using Access 2000 and have created a database with a command button that opens up a report via a macro. I would like to know how to open up single reports instead of pushing a button that brings up every report, I've been able to open up reports that are based off of queries, queries that have paramenters that need to be inputted in order to bring up single unique records, but I would like to be able to just create a button that brings just that particular unique record-report off of that particular unique record on that form. Meaning that for a record that had just been inputted for John Doe on a form, I would like to know how to create a button on that form to pull up John Doe's single report without having to build a query that asks for a parameter. Is there anyway to do this?

A:Access-Printing a single report off of a single record from an Access database form

You will have to adapt this to your own form setup; but it's just using the Where line of the OpenReport macro action.

If on the form MyFormName you have two controls called txtFirstNm and txtLastNm, and in the query underlying the report you have two fields called FirstNm and LastNm, you would put into the Where line of the OpenReport action:

[FirstNm]=[Forms]![MyFormName]![txtFirstNm] And [LastNm]=[Forms]![MyFormName]![txtLastNm]
Hope that helps.
Relevancy 73.1%

I recently had to repair my Windows installation following a in to Win 2000 files Excel Unable access quot Blue Screen quot stop error and used an Emergency repair disk to get it running again Since this Unable to access Excel files in Win 2000 repair I have been unable to access my spreadsheets contained in my work folder and get the same error Unable to access Excel files in Win 2000 message for each file in that folder quot Unable to access read-only file filename xls quot I have checked the properties of these files and their attributes Unable to access Excel files in Win 2000 are set as read only files in other folders can be opened with no problem My work folder is on my second hard drive and is a sub directory of the quot My Documents quot folder I have a shortcut to it in the Start menu and usually access this folder from there I believe that the repair to Windows has somehow altered the permissions affecting access to this folder - any ideas I will also post a similar question in the Business Applications forum nbsp

A:Unable to access Excel files in Win 2000

Please don't open multiple threads for the same problem. I am closing this copy.
Relevancy 73.1%

I recently had to repair my Windows 2000 installation following a "Blue Screen" stop error and used an Emergency repair disk to get it running again. Since this repair I have been unable to access my spreadsheets contained in my work folder and get the same error message for each file in that folder: "Unable to access read-only file filename.xls".

I have checked the properties of these files and their attributes are set as read only, files in other folders can be opened with no problem. My work folder is on my second hard drive and is a sub directory of the "My Documents" folder, I have a shortcut to it in the Start menu and usually access this folder from there.

I believe that the repair to Windows 2000 has somehow altered the permissions affecting access to this folder - any ideas?

I will also post a similar question in the Windows 2000 forum.

A:Unable to access Excel files in Win 2000

Welcome to TSG, firedart. But please don't post the same question in more than one place, okay? We'll take care of ya! We move them if we think we should.

Anywaze. Did you happen to burn these files to a CD? That will put the read-only attribute on. What you should do when you *restore* your files from a CD, is then go into Windows Explorer, select them all (not the folders, but the FILES too) and right-click, hit Properties, and remove the READ-ONLY checkmark. Burning to CDs causes this. And it's not removed just by copying back to the C drive.

I'm hoping that's the case here, but let us know right away if it's not.
Relevancy 72.67%

I am trying to combine the data from 2 tables both tables have a ID number which forms a "relationship" between the two tables. The "master" table is considerably longer than the subordinate table.
When I create a query using data from both tables, the query only shows records that are common to both tables.

What I'd like is a final result whic has All results from the master table and fills in those values from the other table.

I hope I am explaining what I'm triing to do.
Previously, I was trying to do this in Excel

see this post

The point is I need to maintain the integrity of the "master" table.
Any thoughts???

Relevancy 72.67%

Here's the situation:

I have been given several access databases with contact information in them. The contact information has all the usual info (address, phone, etc.); however, the name format is two different fields: a first name, and a last name. My goal is to import all the database information into ACT!

I was planning on doing this by exporting a text file with comma seperated values; the only problem, though, is that the existing ACT! database doesn't have two name fields, and instead only has one "Contact" field.

Sooo.. my question is, would it be best to try and convert the names to one full name in access, or is there some way to import and convert them with ACT!? And, whichever way is best, how exactly would I go about doing that?

Thank you very much!!

Relevancy 72.67%

I have 10 Excel files in the same directory in 10 different sub-folders. Each one has a unique file name, but they all have similar content.

I need to pull 1 Worksheet from each of the 10 files into a Master Excel file. This worksheet contains monthly performance data along with graphs based on geographic regions.

Can someone help me figure out how to merge these 10 tabs into a single Master file which would contain these 10 tabs individually? I would like to merge the tabs as in their original format, as if I were doing a manual COPY/Move to a different Workbook. But obviously I want this automated.
I would need to update this Master file every month with the updates to the10 individual Excel files. I have tried using RDBMerge which works pretty well, but it pulls all the data from the 10 worksheet and stacks them into 1 single tab.

A:Merging multiple worksheets from different Excel files in different locations
Relevancy 72.67%

Hey all I need your help I am currently running Office But have access to on XP and I have a bit of an issue that I hope you can help with Right now since a system upgrade to a new software it files duplicate Merging and deleting Excel rows? requires me to do ordering for our customers by manually searching every part number by hand Unfortunately this means using old sales statistics which means I have to keep an old excel file around with the sales figures Here is where I need your help We Merging Excel files and deleting duplicate rows? change vendors pretty often with part numbers and that means I have to do a run off of what numbers that we are using every month I make the order Normally this Merging Excel files and deleting duplicate rows? wouldn t be so bad but I need to keep the sales figures and that means every month I need to manually combine the spreadsheets sort by product number and then delete the duplicate lines by hand so that I can have the new numbers mixed in I have tried a few VB scripts I found floating around however this does not solve my issue Since it will delete just the duplicate text and not the entire Merging Excel files and deleting duplicate rows? line I have heard that Access might be able to help me out with this however I have no experience with it and cannot try it out If this sounds confusing at all let me know and I will try and make it more smooth but for now I need to get back to deleting some lines Thank you very much for your help nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Hey my name is Alex,
I'm a Computer Technician at MicroChip Foundry and here is my problem below..
So i'm having a problem with a Windows Xp Pro Machine that has office 2003 pro with access. A employee uses it to run querys and database but also uses it to run other programs. It started running slowly after awhile and so I figured out the 2010 Runtime Access would make it run faster. So it did but, the two conflict with each other. Is there a way to cause this not to do that?

A:Access 2003 and Runtime Access 2010

this might shed some light on it, there's a few suggestions for compatibility solutions.
Relevancy 72.24%

I need to add rows from Access table to Excel spreadsheet by using VBA.

I cannot create a new file for various reasons, so I cannot use command “TransferSpreadsheet”.

Is it possible to do it?

A:Solved: Access 2003. How to add rows from Access table to Excel spreadsheet by using
Relevancy 72.24%

I am new with using Access. I am trying to maintain a contact database which consists of Company name, last name, first name, phone number, fax number, email address, address, city, st, and zip.
I am trying to find a way to merge records. For example:

Line 1 has Company XYZ, Smith, Bob, 555-555-5555 but not email
Line 2 has Company XYZ, Smith, Bob, no phone but [email protected]

Is there a way to merge the records to 1 row including all the information?
I am happy with using the address as a key.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Relevancy 72.24%

so my issue is i have two tables i have been using to keep tabs on the 75 pcs i have here

the one is the hp workstations we purchased, the other is from these non branded workstations we build.

the primary key in the two data bases is the name of the workstation... there are no duplicate names
i could also use the IP addresses as the primary key...

i want to take the two tables and marge them into one output that updates and grows when i add more pcs to the two tables. the third should automatically update and grow.

any halp would be appreciated.
i know there is a way to do this i just cant recall it.
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello I have some xls files on opening in .xls Office 97-2003 after files S access Cannot Office Excel excel Solved: a cd which I could open fine until yesterday The files Solved: Cannot access Office excel 97-2003 .xls files after opening in Office Excel S were created on my Acer Aspire Z Microsoft Windows Home Premium system x - Solved: Cannot access Office excel 97-2003 .xls files after opening in Office Excel S based pc using Microsoft Office Excel - Yesterday I opened the cd on a different laptop Acer Aspire bit operating system - windows home premium service pack This laptop opened the files using Microsoft Excel starter I saved the files back to my cd when I d finished then safely ejected the CD using the correct method Now when I insert the CD into either pc it show the CD drive but there are no visible files so I can t open anything I tried the error checking tool but it can t check for errors as it says quot windows cannot access the disk quot Can anyone help me open the files please I have all the files backed up elsewhere except for the two I worked on yesterday but I really don t want to have to type them up again unless I absolutely have to as it will take me many hours Any help would really be appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot access Office excel 97-2003 .xls files after opening in Office Excel S
Relevancy 71.81%

We changed one of our computers to Windows XP SP 2 and in doing so I had to update office and access 2003. In doing so I see we can't export our database from excel and bring it into access as a table. I heard there was a lawsuit that prevented the linking now.

I've seen a few work-arounds but I can't get them to work. The error message is "could not find installable ISAM" but when I read the microsoft articles it doesn't really tell you how to do it. I'm not an IT guy. I read somewhere that you can change the connection string...but I don't know how or where to do that.

I seem so close...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Access 2003 trouble import excel files as tables...

You'll have to edit the query and connections.
ISAM as far as I know is a ODBC driver which has to be bought and installed, it's system bound as far as I know, so maybe that's the problem that you 'lost'the ISAM ODBC driver after the update ???
Relevancy 71.81%

My Word 2000 help file is not loading at all, whereas in the past it was available (loaded slowly, with index window showing) . I just tried to pull up the help files for Excel and Access, and neither loaded. I have Office 2000, don't remember how I installed it. I think Access and Excel are under an Office directory, whereas Winword is on it's own. Can't figure out what happened. I don't mess with software once it's been installed.
Relevancy 71.81%

I cannot access Excel files (MIcrosoft Office 2007) from shortcuts but can access the files from the application "file/open". This occurred recently and may be linked to a new update of Norton Internet Securty. The error message is unable to open 'filename'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. My OS IS Vista

Relevancy 71.81%

I receive data files in ASCI text. I want to open them in Excel or in Access but I do not want to spend 2 days counting spaces. Sometimes, I do not even have a clearly delineated file format to help me break it out.
Any tips?

A:Opening ASCI text data files in Excel or Access

None that I know of without you having to do all the leg work. What is the source of the text file? As in where is it coming from, what program does it originate in?

No way of having them save it into a format that Excel or Access can import?
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi Y'all
First up- I'm really entry level, so I need it simple
I am using Access 2013. The file is in my onedrive (home version) folder. This folder is shared with another user in another physical location.
We both can access it and edit it.
HOWEVER, I have done it this way so we can simultaneously edit the database, but it is not working. Is it possible? Am I doing something wrong? Microsoft told me it SHOULD work with the latest upgrades to Onedrive.
Secondly, even when I am the only one accessing the db, it will often create a backup file instead of replacing the existing one.
If the answer is no, will it work in an Excel file? I am fairly good with excel, but am trying to prevent the obvious issues such a replication/incorrect data entry that you can have with excel.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 71.38%

I am using Windows XP with Office I have two separate tables that I imported into Access that include student data for an entire school district Each table includes some similar data state test scores suspensions attendance ethnicity etc but most is different Table holds Access Merging Solved: MS 2007 Table data for every student in the school students Table holds data for students that took an ESL test students The column headings are mostly different and I don t want to change them because there are too many I would like to use Access to combine the two tables and make one giant data source For example I want to take all of the columns from Table that don t exist in Table and add them Here is what I ve done so far and haven t succeeded Each table has a unique student ID that I use as the primary key Solved: MS Access 2007 Table Merging I also use the ID to create a relationship between the two tables I ve run queries and I lose students and end up with students Which means that the query is only showing data that appears in both tables I think The goal is to have students with the table columns added Trying to append I keep getting an Solved: MS Access 2007 Table Merging error message that tries to get me to rename columns so that both table have Solved: MS Access 2007 Table Merging matching column titles As stated before I don t want to do this I may not need to run a query I am really not sure how to do this PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, I have one table (Geocodes) who has identical fields as another table (PROJDES1) except that its fields have updated contents and I would like to merge the fields contents into the other table (PROJDES1) without touching the other fields in that table. I am attempting to do this with the following code:
"ON 'Geocodes.Project #' = 'PROJDES1.Project #' " & _
"Set Geocodes.LAT = PROJDES1.LAT " & _
"WHERE Geocodes.LAT <> PROJDES1.LAT " & _
"OR Geocodes.LAT IS NULL"
But when I run the function access says "Join expression not supported.", what am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Relevancy 70.52%

I have spent some time creating a new form for my wife's business database. The form works well within Outlook, but when I try to merge it into an Access file so we can sort the info in many ways, the info tranfers partially. The Access spreadsheet that it merges into shows fields that don't exist in my customized Outlook contact form. The fields that I didn't change, like email address, phone #, etc... are visible, but the customized field info is nowhere. Is there something I have to do to Access to make it recognize the customized fields?

Relevancy 69.23%

I have 2 Microsoct Access Databases in the same folder on someone in our Networks hardrive.

One I can access no problem....
The other I cannot????

Any ideas why?

I use Vista
The computer I am connecting with uses Windows XP
We both use Office 2000

The folder where the database file is located is Shared Documents.
So it shows:
\\SIDONNA\SharedDocs\Vehicle.mdb (Cannot access)
||SIDONNA|SharedDocs\WorkOrder.mdb (Can access fine)

Relevancy 68.8%

I can not get into any files from the start menu or any other way and if I try to load anything from the CD drive I get access Denied can't find "filename.exe". This computer is running windows 2000 and has 160 MB of ram and a 450 MHz CPU. It appears that if it has an .EXE file extension it will not work. Any suggestions?

A:Solved: Can't access files (Access Denied) exe files will not work
Relevancy 68.37%

i got my new windows computer about i blooking access to new which and virus unknown creating cant files folders access days ago and just yesterday i notice the unknown virus blooking access to files and creating new folders which i cant access computer was acting strange but i ignored it since i didnt know much about this computer but today i went to my computer folder and i notices a new folder had been created in hard disk drive called local disk q i remmember i didnt creat it and that it wasnt there since i was there like five minutes ago when i was there to get my picture from my USB another reason is that i had been there alot since i was suprised that there was no C drive any ways i downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it proved my Suspicion or dout it found this here is the log Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version Windows Internet Explorer mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick scan Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges Hijack DisplayProperties - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected No malicious items detected i am very worried that the viruse is not gone because i still cant access that folder and am being told i dont have priveleg for something needed to acess or delete or formate this fill i downloaded microsft security essential and did a full scan and it found nothing i aksi downloaded SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition and i will post the result soon

A:unknown virus blooking access to files and creating new folders which i cant access

Yes post the SAS log and Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.
Relevancy 68.37%

I am running Microsoft Office Professional Plus on Windows When I open Excel my personal xlsb opens fine and my macros are available and I can create new macros No problems BUT when I open any existing Excel file the pesronal xlsb is not opened and therefore no macros and I cannot create new macros as I get the error quot Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording quot I have been trying things all night with no luck Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I will list the things I have tried or checked with no success below In Options gt Advanced Tab gt General Section the box for quot Ignore other applications that use DDE quot is NOT checked In Options gt Trust Center gt Trust Center Settings gt Trusted Locations I have C Users Nick AppData Roaming Microsoft Excel XLSTART listed which is where my personal xlsb is located PERSONAL.XLSB open when excel in opened existing does are 2010 files Excel not In Options gt Trust Center gt Trust Center Settings gt Macro Settings Disable all macros with notification selected and not selected neither way solves the issue In Options gt Add-Ins gt Manage Disabled Items There are no disabled items I have deleted HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Office Excel in the registry editor I have deleted C Users Nick AppData Roaming Microsoft Excel XLSTART PERSONAL PERSONAL.XLSB does not open when existing excel files are opened in Excel 2010 XLSB and then run excel to create a new personal file I have renamed C Users Nick AppData Roaming Microsoft Excel XLSTART PERSONAL.XLSB does not open when existing excel files are opened in Excel 2010 PERSONAL XLSB to PERSONAL XLSA Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions Nick nbsp

A:PERSONAL.XLSB does not open when existing excel files are opened in Excel 2010
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a database where I enter part number description, and cost. I also have another database that is updated all the time with this information in it. I would like to be able to link or however you do it. I would like to lets say put in the part number and then when I push enter or tab the description and cost field populates.

any help would be great.

A:access Database

you can link by selecting the table tab in the DB window and then click NEW followed by selecting Link. Then search for your other database and select the table you want to link to.

You will now have access to all the fields, it is the same as a table now except you may have sharing issues if the table is opened on the source DB.

You can use this linked table just as a regular table to make reports forms, queries etc. so you may not need the table you created with the same information as it is redundant.

So you can make a form with your linked table with a combo to select the product.
I don't know to what degree of detail you want or how much you know so if you need more help just post back.
Relevancy 67.94%

I have created a tracking program using access the main tracking page contains name address phone numbers computer information etc I also have two fields that I insert the problem and then the fix then that is printed out to give to the customer whenever the customer brings their computer back in for service I do a search for their account and it brings up all the pre existing info There last problem and cure are still in there I access database would like to find some way if it s possible to make this dump the items to a database for each customer in case I want to go into it again and look at past events Then the next time I open their account the problem and cure fields are empty but their data past problem and cure will still be in there I almost have this program or database to where it will do everything that I want it to do Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks chad nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

I have this access database that I got from another company and I would like to use it but I would have to customize it to fit my needs. Is that possible

Relevancy 67.94%

I have two separate access database files that I cannot access. when I try to open either one it says unrecognized database format. When I tried to compact and repair, it says the same thing. how can I get back into these databases?
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,can smb help me with sites that have tutorials about the relation of with access databases or sql databases.
Relevancy 67.94%

We use Accessdata base to keep track of all our orders. All of sudden two days ago, I go to the "main switchboard" and I get a blank order entry form. In that form, there is a small clickable box and when I click on that it says "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: The expression you entered has a function name that Microsoft Office Access can't find. *** The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. ***There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro."

I have no idea what this means. Please help.

thank you,

A:Access Database - HELP!!!!

The first thing to try after taking a backup copy of the Database is a "Repair & Compact" of the current one. You should open Accees, not the database and then choose Tools>Database Utilities>Repair & Compact. Choose the current database to repair and Compact and save it under a new name. Open the newly named, repaired database and see if it still has the same problem.
Relevancy 67.94%

I have this access database that I from another user which I want to customize so that I can use it. The form has about 28 records with a yes or no fields. Now what I need to do is add more records as I have stuff to add that will require the user to ans. with a yes or no answer. My problem is that I am unable to add more questions (lines or record). Is there a way to do that?

Relevancy 67.94%

When entering a form..the page normally start with a blank page/form..what code can I use in Macro or Visual have the form blank..when entering the that you can just data..instead of having to click on add new data..

A:Access Database

First, this is really the wrong forum for this question. It should either be in Applications or Development. I only saw this post because I was checking on a post I made here before but I don't usualy visit this forum often.

If you want a form to open ready to take new data, set it's Data Entry property to Yes. (You'll find that property in the Data tab of the forms properties.) If I misunderstood the question, post back and give more details.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by YSB (edited 08-10-2000).]
Relevancy 67.94%

I am using a form to enter data that is updated to table. The problem is that the calculated fields in the Form do not update in the table while everything eles does. Can anyone help please.

Generally, calculated data isn't stored in tables. There is no need for it. If you calculate data, you use it in queries or reports . . . when you create a report, you base it on your query, not your table.
Relevancy 67.94%

I have an access data base program that we use as our special orders program, we use to be able to have more than one person log into this, but now only one at a time is able to.. The file is shared for all users.

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, i'm new for using database (mic. access)
i hope u can help me.
i'm currently developed a database using microsoft access. the database is about an insurance company. i need to do a database that store the unit manager, agen, client, policy and proposal.
i had build the table and relationship. i also had input the agen and unit manager (UM).
but what should i do now.
i need to separate each agen according to the um and also the client.
i also need to give output so that when i insert um code or agen code, user can see the client info, or the agen info.

please.. i really need your help...

Relevancy 67.94%

What I have done is combine the Order Entry, Inventory Control and Customer Management databases together in Access 97 and I’m trying to get them to work together to be able to update when inventory comes in and goes out of my business.

I’m trying to figure out how to complete the actual receipt of merchandise on a purchase order in the database. I want to put in the current date or earlier (I may use yesterday's date when I finally get around to entering data) as my variables for the timing to update the inventory transaction table (units received and units on hand fields).

Can you give me the operators and operands in the expression builder and the complete proper syntax that I would need to tell an event has happened and to update the table.

Thank you in advance - you guys are so good!!

Relevancy 67.94%

I am unable to pen my database. It gave me an error message saying it is corrupted. I tried to do repair it but I was unsuccessful.

Don't you have any Back-ups?
Try opening a "new Blank" database and on the Main Menu, File>Get External Data>Import and then point it the corrupted file just to see if it can be opened that way.
If it can then on each set of Controls (tables, queries, forms etc) click selct all and then OK
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a working Access database on a machine running WIN XP and MS Office 2003. I transferred that database file to a new machine running Vista Ultimate and MS Office 2007. When I try to open the database on the new machine, I get this message: missing reference dao2535.tlb. How do I resolve this?

A:MS Access Database

Open your database.
Hit Alt+F11.
Hit Tools-->References.
It would seem it's missing from there.

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all,

I have an issue with an access database. When I print out a report one of my columns only prints out 4 out of the 5 digits. This happens with 2 machines. On other pcs the 5 digits appear in output of the report. I have checked the resolutions of the pcs and they are the same. I have expanded the column widths in design view and still the problem persists. I cannot figure out why only 4 digits appear out of the 5.

Can anybody help?