Windows Support Forum

Solved: Fill excel Columns from word files

Q: Solved: Fill excel Columns from word files

Can there be a macro in excel to find column headers of the excel file in word docs and fill them in excel respectively for all the docx files in a folder. word data/file is not in table format and all docx files are similar

I tried recording the macro but it doesn't work

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Fill excel Columns from word files

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 89.87%

In Sheet one I have some raw data which in sheet two I have picked out the useful pieces and Fill another across sheet in move rows to Excel I problem. need columns have then input into out work forms The problem is that I need to fill the form across column but in the sheet that it is referenced from I need it to take the data from the row EX sheet one a b c a b c a b c a b c I Excel problem. Fill columns I need to move across rows in another sheet need to find a way to automatically get it to do this referencing sheet in column A and then filling to the right but actually having it go down the rows in sheet sheet a b c a a a b b b c c c the idea is that when the software exports to sheet we will be able to print sheet two in the form we need it without having to make any changes I know my explanation is a little crude but if someone could help me I would appreciate it thanks nbsp

A:Excel problem. Fill columns I need to move across rows in another sheet

You could use:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COLUMN()-1,ROW()-1)

in Sheet2!A1, then replicate that down an across (pro forma style).

Would that help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-problem-fill-columns-i-need-to-move-across-rows-in-another-sheet.1035094/
Relevancy 77.83%

Ok I am trying to print a spreadsheet format list. I have about 30000
title-artist entries in 2 columns. I am basically trying to print pages 1 & 2, 3-4, 5-6 and so on the same page without shrinking them way down. I want it to be just like I printed 2 columns but with 4 instead. I want to use the left side of the page for page 1 and the left side for page 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

A:Solved: Printing 4 Columns from 2 columns in excel

Welcome to the board.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/asap-utilities-excel-tools-tip.php?tip=124&utilities=Format ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printing-4-columns-from-2-columns-in-excel.773525/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how someone who used to work at the company did the following:

She had all of our file folder names in an Excel Spreadsheet and would then merge them into Word as Labels. How is this done???

Thanks,
Kristy

A:Mergine Excel Columns Into Word Labels

http://www.theofficeexperts.com/word.htm#MailMerge

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mergine-excel-columns-into-word-labels.296697/
Relevancy 76.97%

I edit in Microsoft Word (MS Word 2010) on Windows 7, using the outline view. How can I paste/import into MS Excel 2010 so that each level of indenting in MS Word, is indented into a new column in Excel? i.e. MS Word Level 1 items show up on MS Excel Column A, MS Word Level 2 items show up on MS Excel Column B, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/export-ms-word-levels-in-excel-columns.1076499/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have seen the other posts on how to do this and I'm off to a good start I think.

I just need some help to customize this for my form. The center of the form has 6 check boxes, and I just need to include the one checked reason in column P, and then one of the 3 explanations if there is anything filled in there.

Also, for some reason with this code, when I try to import multiple files it puts them all on row 2.

Would someone mind taking a look to see if you can help.

Thanks

A:Importing Word Form Fields to Excel, and choosing the columns

In it's current form the user can select multiple values from the set of checkboxes. Is there any particular reason why you are using checkboxes instead of option buttons that would limit the user to one selection?

Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-word-form-fields-to-excel-and-choosing-the-columns.1080685/
Relevancy 75.25%

Well..glad I found this forum. I would like to be able to populate a word document from an excel worksheet, with the ability to select (highlight) multiple rows in excel and have those rows transferred to word, but only certain columns

I found almost the right macro here:
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/732913-solved-populate-word-document-excel-2.html

Except you can only select (1) row.

Any coding solutions on how to copy a range of rows? This will also require the .Text in the word paste to change....
I see some hope with this code as well, but figuring it out may take me longer than someone that does this everyday.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1725768/excel-macro-to-select-multiple-row
Thank you.

Relevancy 75.25%

I am un able to get an existing word file to open I can Doc Word Select Populate (Multiple Columns) Rows, Excel from get the following to open a new word file I need this to opoen an existing file Sub export Word row Dim oWD As Object Dim wdDoc As Object Dim TWB As Workbook wsh wsh As Worksheet Set TWB ThisWorkbook On Error Populate Word Doc from Excel (Multiple Rows, Select Columns) Resume Next Set oWD GetObject quot Word Application quot If Err Number lt gt Then Set oWD CreateObject quot Populate Word Doc from Excel (Multiple Rows, Select Columns) Word Application quot Err Clear Set wdDoc oWD documents Add With wdDoc With Range paragraphs Range Text quot PICK UP amp DELIVERY quot amp Chr Font Size Font Name quot Times New Roman quot Font Bold True Font Underline True ParagraphFormat Alignment End With With Range paragraphs Range Text quot PICK UP quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot K quot Value amp vbTab amp Chr Font Size Font Name quot Times New Roman quot Font Bold True Font Underline True ParagraphFormat Alignment End With With Range paragraphs Range Text Chr amp Chr amp Chr amp Chr Font Size Font Underline False ParagraphFormat TabStops ClearAll DefaultTabStop Application CentimetersToPoints ParagraphFormat TabStops Add Position Application CentimetersToPoints Alignment Leader End With With Range paragraphs Range Text quot NAME quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot B quot Value amp vbTab amp Cells row quot C quot Value amp Chr amp quot ADDRESS quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot D quot Value amp vbTab amp Cells row quot E quot Value amp Chr amp quot PHONE quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot R quot Value amp Chr amp quot MODEL quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot F quot Value amp Chr amp quot VIN quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot G quot Value amp Chr amp Chr amp quot WORK TO PERFORM quot amp quot quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot I quot Value amp Chr amp Chr amp Chr amp quot SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS quot amp quot quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot J quot Value amp Chr Font Size Font Name quot Times New Roman quot Font Bold False ParagraphFormat Alignment End With End With oWD Visible True wdDoc Activate End Sub nbsp

A:Populate Word Doc from Excel (Multiple Rows, Select Columns)

Hi,
Welcome to the forum
You should paste your code in a code clock

[ code ]

no spaces in between the []

[ / code ]
Code:

Set wdDoc = oWD.documents.Add

To open a word doc
Code:

Set wdDoc = oWD.documents.Open(fullpath and name of the file)

This should do the trick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/populate-word-doc-from-excel-multiple-rows-select-columns.1111808/
Relevancy 72.24%

I m hoping there 2 3 columns compare EXCEL files data in is a formula within EXCEL that will allow me to complete this comparison I ve been working on it all day manually and realize it will take a long time to complete this way My computer is running on Windows Home Premium and my EXCEL is I have two different files and within each are three columns of data that I need to compare They re labeled NC NCI and SECNCI To be considered a match I need all three fields within a row to match exactly to a row within the other file The first file called REQUEST NET FILE has over rows of data so naturally there will be many repeats of these same three fields in that file but each row where the three fields match any row of data on the second file called DEPLOYED TABLE FILE needs to be the same to be considered a match If it doesn t match if possible I d also like to know why This could fall into two different scenarios NC CODE IS NOT ON DEPLOYED TABLE FILE or NCI SECNCI combo not on deployed table for this NC Once complete I ll run the same process in reverse so both files will end up with a match or no match next to each row If I need to run two separate compares one to EXCEL 2 files compare data in 3 columns get the match and then one on just the no match results to find the second bit of info I can do that Or if the second criteria can t be found via excel formula just the match no match result will be acceptable as that will save me so much time I was thinking a vlookup could do the compare for me but I m not good with vlookup formulas and after struggling a few hours with it I started searching and came across your site I ve found a few similar topics but nothing that I can translate into something for my specific need I ve attached portions of the two files and you can see on the REQUEST NET FILE where I ve managed to get to with doing it manually It s quite a tedious process so I m really hoping you can help Thank you Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

Recently, I'm having slow file loading while opening ms word files and excel files directly from windows explorer. It takes a minute to load, however it opens immediately if I open .doc files or .xls files directly from their application software. It also take a minute for MS Word and Excel software to shut down.

I have run my antivirus (Symantec) and MBAM but they all show no virus was found. I'm not sure what should I do next, please advice.

A:Microsoft Word & Excel - problem with opening files in Word and Excel

What version of Word & Excel?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303338/microsoft-word-excel-problem-with-opening-files-in-word-and-excel/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi Gurus,

I have many excel files containing similar data.

1. I want to copy specific columns (columns A to U) from all files and paste the consolidated data into another excel file.

2. I also want to copy specific columns (columns C,D,E,G,H,K,L,T,V,W,X,Y) and paste the consolidated data in a different excel.

Please help.

A:Excel macro - copy specific columns from different files to one file

Are all of these source Excel files stored in the same directory? Do they need to be opened and consolidated in any particular order? More details please. If possible please try to provide a sample file with any sensitive data removed.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-copy-specific-columns-from-different-files-to-one-file.857189/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have searched for a similar issue but was unsuccessful I need to create a macro to do what will surely one cells to from macro Excel 2007 to copy columns row in files certain second be a miserably repetitive job of transposing data for a whle bunch of files I need to get into each excel file and copy certain data fields from column B B -B turquoise B -B Excel macro to copy certain cells from one row to second files columns in 2007 bright greeen B -B bklue B -B pink and B tan into sequential cells in another file into a single row under a heading A - O I will need to do this several hundred times open a file copy the fields and all the files selected data from a column will wind up in a single excel data sheet in columns I thought I would just do a careful record macro but cannot get to record beyond my first cell copy I have named both files xlsm and changed settings to no avail The source file is Excel macro to copy certain cells from one row to second files columns in 2007 attached and called Source and Detsination is called destination Any help or a macro would be greatly appreciated attached the source file Source I collor codes the field to be copied in the source Excel macro to copy certain cells from one row to second files columns in 2007 as indicated aboue with the header fields in the destination if that helps Thank you VERY much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-to-copy-certain-cells-from-one-row-to-second-files-columns-in-2007.958889/
Relevancy 69.66%

Is there a way to configure Microsoft applications so that I can have a window open with a file from Word and a window open with an Excel file and edit them simultaneously? When I have both windows open now, whichever one I click in stays open and the other automatically minimizes itself. I'd also like to be able to have a Microsoft file and browser window open (and editable) and the same time.
Many thanks!
Abigail

Relevancy 69.66%

I don't know what happened. I can't open any Word / Excel file on my PC. I get the message "Unable to Read File".

Moreover, my Norton anti-virus is gone from my menu bar. I can't run it at all.

What must I do?

Thank you.

A:Solved: Help - Cannot Open Word & Excel Files!

What operating system? What version of Office? Did you do anything recently - any new programs installed/removed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-cannot-open-word-excel-files.354357/
Relevancy 69.23%

On my desktop with Windows XP Service Pack 2, i recently installed Office 2007. Whenever I want to open any word/excel files, I receive a message "Please wait while windows configure ms office word/excel. After waiting for about 1-2 minutes the file is opened.How to resolve this problem?

Relevancy 68.8%

The greyscale fill colors are 80%, 50%, 40%, and 25%.

How do I get 10% greyscale?

Thanks

Btw, that is excel 2000.

Relevancy 68.37%

I can't open MS Office application files from the Explore window or from Desktop.

The MS Office applications icons, such as WORD or EXCEL, have been replaced. All my Word files now bear the Wordpad icon and when clicked open as such. My Excel files now bear some other icon that no application on my machine can open.

However, when I open an office app, such as WORD or EXCEL, and then try to open a related file that now has a funny icons, they open properly.

Have MS xp; Excel 2002; Word 2002.

Grateful for advice.

A:[SOLVED] Can't open Word or Excel files from Explorer window

You probably need to set the file assocations.

If you go into your Control Panel > Folder Options > File Types (tab), then scroll down until you locate those file extensions (.doc, .xls, etc...).

Alternatively, there is probably somewhere in Microsoft word, or excel where you can automatically set file associations, but it would depend on which version you have.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cant-open-word-or-excel-files-from-explorer-window-319017.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I m running Microsoft Office under Windows XP Pro SP with all known patches updates installed I recently completed a document in Microsoft Word and decided to make some changes I created a border around some text I highlighted the contents of the box and then I moved the mouse up to the quot fill color quot tool on the menu I clicked the tool and no colors appear in the drop down menu The quot fill color Not MS Document Available Solved: in Fill Word-Color ANY quot tool on the menu shows yellow but you cannot actually click yellow and use Solved: MS Word-Color Fill Not Available in ANY Document it fill the box When I click the quot fill color quot tool and the Solved: MS Word-Color Fill Not Available in ANY Document drop-down menu opens the area below the quot no fill quot option shows empty white boxes with no color Solved: MS Word-Color Fill Not Available in ANY Document This is rather weird behavior I used the color option about one month ago and it worked fine I don t recall adding any programs to my computer or installing any updates I don t know if any were installed automatically Can someone assist me in restoring this option as I need it I have a project which HAS to be completed and I really need this option Thanks Joseph nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

In Word 2002, I am trying to print a sheet of paper with a repeating pattern.

I click format, then background, then fill effects. I select a JPG picture and insert.

All this works as expected and my screen has the pattern fully tiled on the whole page.

Here is the mystery... when I do print preview, there is no evidence of this same pattern. Likewise, it does not print.

What am I missing? Thanks.

A:Solved: Word question... background fill

Try this: go to tools, options, print. check background printing. It still won't show in print preview, but should print. This does use additional memory - MS recommends you turn it off if you aren't using it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-question-background-fill.640905/
Relevancy 67.51%

How do I move between columns in word? I know how to create columns. I know if I go to the bottom of one column it continues on the other. But I'm interested in writing an address on the left and jumping to the right and writing another address. I'd like to move back and forth between the columns w/o going to the bottom of the page. Is there a way. Thanks, Jex

A:Solved: Move Between Columns In Word

If you mean within a table - TAB

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-move-between-columns-in-word.275535/
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm using MS Excel 2007 under Win7 Prof.
In it, the columns visible in Excel are only upto 'IU', and all these columns are in use. Now, if I try to insert any more columns, the messages comes that "to prevent possible loss of data, Excel cannot shift Non-blank columns off the worksheet".
I'm stumped, and I need to increase the columns further and do not know how do I go about this.
Kindly Help.
Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 67.08%

I decided to hide the first couple of columns in the spreadsheet. But for some reason I can't get them back. I tried selecting the first visible column, the whole spreadsheet, the View menu. Nothing. The columns won't unhide. And yes I need their data.

For the record, hiding and then unhiding works fine when it's not the first column.

Relevancy 67.08%

I have been entering information into a template in Excel. The template was created by someone at work. This template has merged columns. I had no problem entering the information until I added two extra rows within the template. The added two rows are not merged but the merge function is grayed out and I am unable to select it. What could be the problem and how can I correct it?

Thanks,
Tonya

A:Solved: Trying to Merge Columns in Excel

can you post an example of the spreadsheet

if you highlight the two cells can you merge

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trying-to-merge-columns-in-excel.460167/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

I have a list of customer IDs in two columns. I want to generate the customer IDs which are missing in either of the two columns in a third column. What formula can be applied here?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 67.08%

Got a spreadsheet where the first column on the leftmost side is Column D.

I want to see Col A - Col C as I know they exist but I cannot see.
I move the cursor to A1 and am told the contents in top left corner of Excel.

Have tried Unhide the whole worksheet but no go.

Relevancy 67.08%

I have a spreadsheet that I wish to compare 2 columns and bring the information from the 3rd. For example, if A6 is equal to an item in G1:G98, then the number in B6 should equal the corresponding number in H1:h98. The formula I used is =VLOOKUP(A8,$G$1:$H$98,2,FALSE) It works great except the problem I have is sometimes there is no corresponding value in G1:G98. In that case I would like it to enter the number 0.

A:Solved: Excel comparing 2 columns

Hi Bsoda,

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A8,$G$1:$H$98,2,FALSE)),0,(VLOOKUP(A8,$G$1:$H$98,2,FALSE)))
lol
Hew

(looking at what I just posted, its displaying an extra space in the final FALSE, but its not there when I go to Edit it!!)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-comparing-2-columns.1003722/
Relevancy 67.08%

Adding rows 5 thru 10 on line 11 I use function, and get a total for column A. When I go to column B I have to type in function again - and also in C-D etc. Is there a way to get all the desired columns added on line 11? I use XP home with Excel.

A:Solved: Excel-adding columns

Just click on the bottom right of the total in Column A.
You should see a set of crosshairs.
Drag it through the other cells that you wish totalled,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-adding-columns.537292/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have applied various fill colors to specific cell & cell ranges, but I can't see the fill colors unless I go to Print, Preview. On Print, Preview all the fill colors are correct & it prints correctly. I just can't see the colors while I'm working on the document. It makes me nuts!!!
Yet any color changes I make to the font or line color in any cell shows immediately, whether in a 'filled cell' or not. Using Microsoft Office Pro, Excel 2003, XP Pro

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi everybody,

I got a pretty difficult question.

I need a formula/macro, which does the following:

In Cells E1:E20 names of products are filled in.

In Cells in column B also names are filled in.

When a name in Column B matches with one of the names in E1:E20 behind the cell in column B (column C) the price of that product has to be set. The price stands after the productsname in cell G1:G20.

So how can I make a macro, that puts in the column C the correct price which stands in cell G1 till G20, regarding matching names in front of it.

Thanks in advance!
Willem

Relevancy 67.08%

Is there any way to link the formatting, or even just the fill color, of two cells? All I'm trying to do is make a cell in a one worksheet mimic the fill color of a cell in another worksheet and change color when the original does. Also, if it requires a script, is there someone who has previously posted one?

Thanks.

Note: Excel 2007

Relevancy 67.08%

I've seen a couple of great posts about how to solve no color fill for excel 2003 by un-checking the Use High Contrast on the Control Panel Display. I just can't seem to find the right location to un-check it for my Windows 7 - Excel 2007. I'm having the same issues; no color fill will show in my excel document but it does show in my print preview. I have a color printer set as my default so I know that's not the issue. I've also had issues with my ability to view colors using Internet Explorer and another user also had that problem solved by un-checking the Use High Contrast (I just use Google Chrome instead). I'm certainly not a power user - but I have been all through my control panel selections and can't seem to find the correct location. Any easy help for this one?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2007-fill-color-does-not-show.969496/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

I have a worksheet containing various data including an expiry date, this is created by adding 364 to the start date and then then using an auto fill to fill in all other rows (over 50,000).

I would like to make a macro to do this alongside a number of actions but when making the macro I am specifying only a certain range to fill (A1:A50000). The problem I have is this list is consistently growing and so this range would then not include any new records added. Is there a way that I can make it so it auto fills from A1 to the last present row?

Thanks for your help

Dan

Relevancy 66.65%

On the attached spreadsheet, I need a total count of baselined desktops (minus the ones that have been deleted)...my problem is how do I get it to look at one record, mark that that agent had been a baselined one, but is now deleted, so don't count it. I can't just remove the deleted ones, cause I want my customer to know which agents have disappeared. Take a look at the formula in B2 for a general idea. That formula doesn't work cause it just adds everything together. I need it to be smart enough to Total the Baselined Agents and then Subtract the agents that are baselined and deleted per field. Any questions let me know. Look at B2 to get an idea and see if I'm on the right track.

A:Solved: Excel - Trying to count 2 columns (almost as one) to get data for a 3rd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-trying-to-count-2-columns-almost-as-one-to-get-data-for-a-3rd.737946/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi - I m semi-proficient with excel and I m actually working on creating some dashboard reports at this time One problem I m having is separating some of the data from a specific column Let me give you an example This column has over lines in Excel columns? separation Data Solved: this is just a sample What I need to do is break this column out by month and show how many dates are from the last month the last - months and the Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? ones that are months in the past Of course I want the sheet to show this info automatically so it has to know the current date which I can do by placing the formula quot TODAY Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? quot So what I m asking for is what formula and format would I use to count how many cells in this column fall into each of date ranges I mentioned Also I did manage to use the DAYS A C for example where A quot Today quot and C quot quot above This information is in cells next to the above data as follows - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - So I figured out how to list how many days I have since the date Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? in the first column but not how to break them apart within the column Hopefully this is enough information to request some help but if you need more info please let me know I ll watch the thread closely Thank you -Drake nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

I have data in the following row format:

0 4591 5 4491 10 4461 15 4441 20 4321

The data are X and Z points so the above example shows 5 pairs of data. I would like to place these pairs of data sequentially in two columns where one column has all the X's and the other has the related Z's. I have many, many rows of similar data that I need transferred into two columns.

0 4591
5 4491
10 4461
15 4441
20 4321

Could anyone help me out with a macro that can do this for me?

Thanks very much in advance.

A:Solved: Excel Macro - Rows to Columns

Welcome to the board.

Let's say the example pairs are in A1:J1.

With A1:J1 selected,

Sub test()
For Each Cell In Selection
If Cell.Column Mod 2 = 1 Then
Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1) = Cell.Value
Else
Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1) = Cell.Value
End If
Next Cell
End Sub

gives you actual pairs in A2:B6.

So, what do we need to adjust to make it compatible with your "many, many rows of similar data" scenario?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-rows-to-columns.992309/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have data organised in paris of columns with differing amounts of data in each column pair.
I need to move all data to columns A&B:

- If there is data in columns C & D, move it to the foot of columns A&B.
- Then, if there is data in columns E & F, move it to the foot of columns A&B.
- Etc. til the end of the ActiveRange.

I've managed to do this using hard-coded column references, but it involves a lot of reptetition.
Presumably the code can be substantially compacted, and work to the end of the ActiveRange rather than to arbitrary end columns (in this case, cols AC and AD).

A:Solved: Excel VBA moving all data to columns A+B

Hi
This will work on the active sheet.... If you need this for multiple sheets we would need to alter the macro slightly. Test this on a copy of your xl file.

Code:

Sub appAB()

Dim i As Integer
Dim lRow As Integer
Dim lRowA As Integer

For i = 3 To 30 Step 2
lRow = Cells(Rows.Count, i).End(xlUp).Row
lRowA = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
Range(Cells(1, i), Cells(lRow, i + 1)).Cut Destination:=Range("A" & lRowA)
Next

End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-vba-moving-all-data-to-columns-a-b.1128060/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello. I am terrible with Excel and trying to learn how to use it. I created this chart with various functions but I cannot figure out how to get rid of tick type marks that go along 2 columns that I have. They appear in the upper left of each cell going down the column. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 66.65%

I have a rather large file that I would like to print. I have other files like it that were done in Excel and they came out just like I wanted them to. The entries are arranged in rows and columns. I was able to number the rows and put headers over each column. The one in question is arranged in rows but not in columns. I can open it in Excel but I have no idea how to get it to arrange into columns. Is there any way Excel can do this for me? I'd really rather not do this manually because there are over three thousand rows that need to be in 12 columns.

Relevancy 66.65%

I am trying to write some vba code to Copy the the contents from each row in excel and make it into a new text file. I need the 1st Row to be in each text file though. So the 1st loop would be A1 & A2 row copy next loop would be A1 & A3 copy. When i paste the values in the new sheet to be saved as the text file I need to transpose the paste so row 1 now will be in column A. The filename would be created from the value in Column A. I have uploaded some example files. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The bonus would be if i could get any empty spaces removed from the cells.

I tried modifying some code that Jimmy the Hand wrote linked here
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/951580-save-excel-each-row-html.html
with no luck.

Relevancy 66.65%

I am trting to create a chart using excel. I have inserted dates in column 1 - they are not sequential!. When I put the data into a chart it creates extra dates inbetween those I have actual placed in the cells. Help!

A:Solved: excel unwanted date columns

not a great solution - but format the dates as text - it should then only show the dates you have entered - and should be correct on the chart - but will be a number in the cells

not sure this is the correct way to go - but it seems to work

see attached

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-unwanted-date-columns.1042508/
Relevancy 66.65%

All,

First, thank you all for you time and knowledge in advance.

Here's my situation. I'm working with file that is sent to me with populated information, in this example Col A
What I would like to do is enter information in Col B and then do a comparison of both A and B, letting me know if something in Col B is not in Col A and also is something in Col A not in Col B.

I need to know if what was sent to my in the spread sheet match what I physically inventoried.

I have provided an example.

Hopefully I did not over complicate my request.

Thank you,

miketx

A:Solved: comparing data in two columns in Excel

does this help
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213367
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel-help/use-excel-to-compare-two-lists-of-data-HA001103915.aspx

or this may ble closer to what you need
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/174998-excel-compare-2-lists-highlight.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-comparing-data-in-two-columns-in-excel.989078/
Relevancy 66.65%

I need to convert rows to columns in Excel like this:

Monday | 1
Tuesday | 2
Wednesday | 3
Thursday | 4
Friday | 5
Monday | 6
Tuesday | 7
Wednesday | 8
Thursday | 9
Friday | 0

to:

Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 0

Is this possible?

Well, that didn't display at all like I expected. In short, I need the repeating headers in column A to become one set of headers in row 1 with the data corresponding to each header name below it. Does that make sense?

A:Solved: Excel Rows to Columns with a Twist

Try this :

1) copy the days i.e(MondayTuesdayWednesday Thursday Friday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
2) Go to the required cell and right click and select "paste special as" then select "Transpose"
You will get the data in this shape
MondayTuesdayWednesday Thursday Friday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
4) Repeat the same step for other data............

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-rows-to-columns-with-a-twist.742146/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey everyone I m trying to stretch my resources and minimize some data entry using the tools at hand However I ve hit a bit of a wall on inspiration - looking for some ideas I have an Excel Spreadsheet about worksheets that I use to log some daily activities - however because I have a lousy memory I like to email myself from the road with the notes for my Log Then Solved: Outlook Email Auto-Fill Excel to spreadsheet when I return to the office I either re-type or copy paste my email notes into the appropriate sections of my log file What I d LIKE to do Solved: Outlook Email to Auto-Fill Excel spreadsheet is create a form and rule in Outlook that would auto-fill my Excel worksheets based on the text of my email I m not worried about Triggers the rules setup on that end is simple enough for me I m more looking for the best way to have Outlook interact with Excel in this way I send emails from the road on my Android phone Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I'm trying to write an Excel macro that goes down a column. When it sees an empty cell, it should fill that cell in with the value of the cell that is just above it.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I m currently writing a macro part of which necessitates a different fill colour being assigned to each cell in a range - from B to the last cell in column B where there is corresponding data in column C This could potentially be up to cells in any single worksheet one month s Arrivals so different colours but will more likely be somewhere between and I found some code that randomly applies the fill colours and modified it as follows Dim r As Byte g As Byte b As Byte Dim iRow As Integer iCol As Integer Dim iRows As Integer iCols As Integer fill VBA and modify copy cell Solved: colours Excel Dim rng As Solved: Excel VBA copy cell fill colours and modify Range rngFill As Range Dim strMsg As String Dim iIcon As Integer strTitle As String Dim EOP as Integer EOP Cells Rows Count quot C quot End xlUp Row On Error GoTo ErrorHandler iRows EOP- iCols Set rng Range quot B quot For iCol To iCols For iRow To iRows r WorksheetFunction RandBetween g WorksheetFunction RandBetween b WorksheetFunction RandBetween Set rngFill rng Offset iRow iCol With rngFill Interior Pattern xlSolid PatternColorIndex xlAutomatic Color RGB r g b End With Next iRow Next iColClick to expand This works pretty well but there s always the chance of very similar colours appearing consecutively which I could do with avoiding As mentioned these colours are for Arrivals I also need to apply colours for Estimated Arrivals in column A These should be lighter shades of their counterparts in column B In other words if cell B is filled with a bright green colour I need A to be be a paler green colour maybe lighter I can copy the range and paste in column A but don t know how to then modify the fill colours by degrees or otherwise reduce their brightness It may be that this is not possible or there s a better way to go about this It may be that I need to set static colours but obviously I d rather not hard-code in colour refs or if there s no way to take a colour and make it paler Any advices Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

The only way I can get any MS office programs to open is to right click and choose the "open with" option. I check the box to Use as default, but they still won't open the next time.
I tried run > winword /r to reset word, but that didn't help either.
All the icons are the same, a little blue chemistry beaker.
In properties, the type of files say they are, "FFV files (docx), FFV files (xlsx), etc".
How do I get these files to open the normal double click way?

A:Excel and Word files will not open in Excel and Word

Have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Start > Windows Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features > Microsoft Office (version) > Change > Repair)?

Aside from that if the file types are "FFV files (docx), FFV files (xlsx), etc", that suggests you've installed some other software that has taken over the file associations. In that case, you might consider uninstalling that software; otherwise you'll need to reset the file associations, by right-clicking each Office file-type (docx, xlsx, etc.) and using Open With>Choose default program to re-associate them with the correct Office application.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/excel-and-word-files-will-not-open-in-excel-and-word-1083105.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I divided a document up into two columns and had it in landscape orientation. I now want to put it back in portrait orientation, but it says the column width is to big. I switched to one column, but I can't get the width to decrease without changing margins which makes the combination of margins and column width still too large. How can I get rid of column or make it work in portrait? thanks

A:Solved: Word page orientation/columns question

I'm sorry, which version of Word are you using? You must have a setting somewhere that is fixing your column width rather than using a relative column width.

chris.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-page-orientation-columns-question.442784/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have the following code that will capitalize the first letter of the word in cell B6, but I can't seem to modify if to cover all of column B and Column D

Range("B6") = UCase(Left(Range("B6"), 1)) & Mid(Range("B6"), 2)

Thoughts?

TBaker14

A:Solved: Code to capitalize first letter of word...in 2 columns

Are you talking Excel here? From your thread title I thought it was about Word.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-code-to-capitalize-first-letter-of-word-in-2-columns.948446/
Relevancy 65.79%

Help please.

I've done a excel spreadsheet, where across the sheet in a line with maybe a few letters 'x' or 'H' or 'BH' and the next line will have the same. This could be from line 8 to line 121.

But in a column say 'T8' to 'T121' I want to count the total number of 'x's in that column, also 'H' and 'BH' giving the total individually. ie:- x=3 H=6 BH=4 for column 'T' and the same with the other columns.

Can this be done, please.

A:Solved: Help required with Excel adding letters in columns

you could do a count in seperate columns

so
in A1
put
=COUNTIF(T8:T121, "X")
in A2
=COUNTIF(T8:T121, "H")
in a3
=COUNTIF(T8:T121, "BH")

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-required-with-excel-adding-letters-in-columns.403964/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have several excel sheets which accumulate hidden in Solved: lists columns and Drop-down Excel data Solved: Drop-down lists and hidden columns in Excel at regular periods This accumulation involves the addition of new columns Each column contains one or two drop down lists When I report to other team members I send them pdf s of the datasheets In order to get the reports to fit on one piece of paper I hide the unnecessary columns When I hide the columns all the dropdown lists get shunted along to the first visible column This was never a problem until the format of the columns were changed request from the customer This change can not be implemented for all previous entries I now have the problem that the bunched up dropdown lists appear in the first visible column obscuring the title for that column How can I get around this problem without spending minutes temporarily deleting these dropdown columns each time I have thought about deleting them permanently except the sheet is also used by other people and this would cause unwanted problems I hope someone can help me Thankyou I should have added if Solved: Drop-down lists and hidden columns in Excel you hide columns C through F in the test file then you will see all the dropdown lists shift into column G nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi This is a fab site just spent a good few hours reading through without realising the time ANyway I am stuck on an Excel problem I have two columns of which there are lots of duplicates in column A and various values in column B Like this A B Book Title Song One Book Title Song Two Book Title Song THree Book Title Song One Book TItle Song Two Book Title Song Three Book TItle Song Four and so on for rows Merge two Solved: a Data Columns from row Sort Excel and into What I would like to do is have all of the relevant info from column B in just one cell in one row rather than a separate row for each song title So what I ideally need is A B Book Title One Song One Song Two Song Three Book Title Two Song One Song Two Song Three Song Four and so Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row on Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row I have no idea where to begin with this I have read several similar Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row things that might help but the problem is that each Book Title has a different number of songs in it Can any one advise a complete beginner on how I might accomplish this Many thanks for any guidance nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

So....it is me again,
In an earlier thread "blue line" I asked about deleting coninuous columns (not being used in a document) and I was instructed to highlight one column, control, shift, end and this has now twice frozen my application. Any thoughts?

Cheers!

A:Solved: Deleting continuous columns freezes Excel

Uh, if you read my post there, you saw that I said it did the same thing to me, so I copied the data to a new workbook and posted it for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-deleting-continuous-columns-freezes-excel.743905/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have 2 tables where the id in the main table that I need to match with the second table could appear in any one of 3 columns of the second table. I can get the data by created 2 more tables and making three separate queries. Is there any way to create a query that would merge the two tables no matter which column the matching data is in without create 3 separate tables and queries?

A:Solved: Excel Query where id matching 2nd table could be in 1 of three columns

After looking at the sql, I just added or statement for the where. I used the same syntax as matching one of the columns and then added an or and changed the column to match to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-query-where-id-matching-2nd-table-could-be-in-1-of-three-columns.946075/
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm using some software to export payment information into a CSV file. This file needs to be in the bank's specified SIF format which requires all the data to be in one column.

The limitation with my software is that the detail of each payment gets exported into it's own separate column. For instance, cells A1:A10 contain payment details to one individual, B1:B10 to another, and so on. I require the whole lot combining into Column A, running from A1:A65536 (it will never go this far down the spreadsheet, but you get the idea).

I've tinkered with some basic copy and delete macros but I'm unable to make the headway that I need to. I don't have the touch when it comes to programming .

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 65.79%

As the title suggests I searched across the interned for something that would allow me to split comma separated cells to columns I came across this code that splits comma separated cells into quot Rows quot Code lt - A - gt lt - B - gt COLOR COLOR a b c a COLOR COLOR d b COLOR COLOR e c COLOR COLOR f g d COLOR COLOR h e COLOR COLOR i f COLOR COLOR g COLOR COLOR h COLOR COLOR i Code COLOR b Option COLOR Explicit COLOR b Sub COLOR Macro Solved: Cells EXCEL: to Separated Comma Columns COLOR b Solved: EXCEL: Comma Separated Cells to Columns Dim COLOR fromCol COLOR b As COLOR COLOR b String COLOR COLOR b Dim COLOR toCol COLOR b As COLOR COLOR b String COLOR COLOR b Dim COLOR fromRow COLOR b As COLOR COLOR Solved: EXCEL: Comma Separated Cells to Columns b String COLOR COLOR b Dim COLOR toRow COLOR b As COLOR COLOR b String COLOR COLOR b Dim COLOR inVal COLOR b As COLOR COLOR b String COLOR COLOR b Dim COLOR outVal COLOR b As COLOR COLOR b String COLOR COLOR b Dim COLOR commaPos COLOR b As COLOR COLOR b Integer COLOR COLOR ' Copy from column A to column B ' COLOR fromCol COLOR quot A quot COLOR toCol COLOR quot B quot COLOR fromRow COLOR quot quot COLOR toRow COLOR quot quot COLOR COLOR ' Go until no more entries in column A ' COLOR inVal Range fromCol fromRow Value COLOR b While COLOR inVal lt gt COLOR quot quot COLOR COLOR ' Go until all sub-entries used up ' COLOR COLOR b While COLOR inVal lt gt COLOR quot quot COLOR Range fromCol fromRow COLOR b Select COLOR COLOR ' Extract each subentry ' COLOR commaPos InStr COLOR COLOR inVal COLOR quot quot COLOR COLOR b While COLOR commaPos lt gt COLOR COLOR COLOR ' and write to output column ' COLOR outVal Left inVal commaPos - COLOR COLOR Range toCol toRow COLOR b Select COLOR Range toCol toRow Value outVal toRow Mid Str Val toRow COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR ' Remove that sub-entry ' COLOR inVal Mid inVal commaPos COLOR COLOR COLOR b While COLOR Left inVal COLOR COLOR COLOR quot quot COLOR inVal Mid inVal COLOR COLOR COLOR b Wend COLOR commaPos InStr COLOR COLOR inVal COLOR quot quot COLOR COLOR b Wend COLOR COLOR ' Get last sub-entry or full entry if no commas ' COLOR Range toCol toRow COLOR b Select COLOR Range toCol toRow Value inVal toRow Mid Str Val toRow COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR inVal COLOR quot quot COLOR COLOR b Wend COLOR COLOR ' Advance to next source row ' COLOR fromRow Mid Str Val fromRow COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR Range fromCol fromRow COLOR b Select COLOR inVal Range fromCol fromRow Value COLOR b Wend COLOR COLOR b End COLOR COLOR b Sub COLOR I am looking for something that would allow me to do this instead Code lt - A - gt lt - B - gt lt - C - gt lt - D- gt COLOR COLOR a b c a b c COLOR COLOR d d COLOR COLOR e e COLOR COLOR f g f g COLOR COLOR h h COLOR COLOR i i COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

How do I unlock the outline column when I protect the sheet?

Have a spreadsheet in outline form (Data->Group and Outline ...) which, of course, produces a special column to the left of the worksheet that allows expansion or contraction of the rows on the spreadsheet (with a plus or minus sign).

I want to protect the spreadsheet, but still allow this expansion and contraction. However, when I protect the worksheet (tools->protection->Protect Sheet) it also protects this expansion/contraction column

A:Solved: Excel 2003 Unprotect Outline Columns

Yep, that to my knowledge is correct.

You cannot protect the sheet and work in group mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-unprotect-outline-columns.863710/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a flat file that when I read it into excel it populates column 1 of each row with data.
This data is actually a series of 5 fields that I need to have in columns and rows, that is,
column a1 thru a5 I need placed in a1, b1,c1,d1 and e1 followed by
column a6 thru a10 placed in a2,b2,c2,d2 and e2.
The data is balanced, that ism there is data in each of the 5 fields for a "record".
Any help would be appreciated.
THanks

Relevancy 65.79%

What would be the best way to find a specific Column Header, and copy the data found in the column until the column header is found again?

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi

I thought i had it before when i asked but unfortunate it never worked..

I have a 12 rows with the same text repeated 12 x, but at the end of the
sentence in a few of the Rows the letters are wonky, slightly to the
right.. I have used indent all have the same indent.. what should i do?

Heres an Example: Ignore the dots..

Terrasaw
.Terrasaw
Terrasaw
.Terrasaw

Thanks

A:Solved: How do i get my text in columns straight and inline in word 2007?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-i-get-my-text-in-columns-straight-and-inline-in-word-2007.746513/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all,

I want to arrange a picture and text underneath in the attached Word File (I've attached a JPEG the way I want it to look). Not sure how to do it though. Can anyone help me out?

Relevancy 64.93%

I'm a novice excel VBA macro user. I've manipulated already created macros, but I'm not sure how to create one from scratch. Can someone please help me create a macro.

I'd like to move the values highlighted in yellow to the cells highlighted in green...and then delete any rows that are empty.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Relevancy 64.93%

EDIT Solved Simple SUMIF worked I thought it was going to be a lot more complicated that that I have an excel spreadsheet which has the following columns Condition Condition Condition etc if a condition is true I set that to a if condition for colums Solved: excel columns in status various suming false a then I have columns with status Status A Status B Status C etc if a status is true I set that to a if false a now i want to report for all conditions the status this works manually using filters and the sum on the status bar Solved: suming status columns for various condition colums in excel so I can filter on condition for then highlight column status A and look at the sum and record the number in the summary Solved: suming status columns for various condition colums in excel sheet then highlight column status B and look at the sum and record the number in the summary sheet then highlight column status C and look at the sum and record the number in the summary sheet etc for all status columns Then I remove filter for condition and I filter on condition for a then highlight column status A and look at the sum and record the number in the summary sheet then highlight column status B and look at the sum and record the number in the summary sheet then highlight column status C and look at the sum and record the number in the summary sheet etc for all status columns and repeat for all conditions I m sure there is a simple formula I can put in the summary sheet to calculate these values I will have to de-sensitive the spreadsheet to post an example - which i will do later today nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-suming-status-columns-for-various-condition-colums-in-excel.763882/
Relevancy 64.93%

Dear guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to change Columns to Text. I know that from the last question i posted here a while back, that we could change a string of text in to many columns. So what i would like to do now is the opposite.

Referring to the excel spreadsheet attached, I basically want to change columns A, B and C in to G.

At first i tried using the formula "=(A3 x B3 x C3)" and obviously that didnt work if not i wouldnt be posting here. How would you pick values up from a cell and then use them in another cell something like =A3 which will bring the value of that cell into another cell. How would you do it for multiple cell references?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 64.93%

I have a formula (below) that I use to pull the entire contents of a cell of the first occurrence that appears on a row when one of the 15 cells in the row contains PERM. I need a second column formula to find the 2nd occurrence in that same row. Any help would be appreciated.

=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(N2:AB2,MATCH(""*PERM*"",N2:AB2,0))),"""",INDEX(N2:AB2,MATCH(""*PERM*"",N2:AB2,0)))

Relevancy 64.5%

I need to delete multiple columns within an Excel worksheet based on the headers in the first row. What would be the best way to perform this operation?

I have been playing around with the code below, but I feel as though there could be a better way.

Sub test()

Dim myArr As Variant

myArr = Array("Test1", "Test2", "Test3")
If Range("C1").Value = myArr Then
Columns("C").Delete shift:=xlToLeft
ElseIf Range("D1").Value = myArr Then
Columns("D").Delete shift:=xlToLeft
End If

End Sub

A:Solved: Excel Macro -> Delete Multiple Columns Based on Criteria

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-delete-multiple-columns-based-on-criteria.835469/
Relevancy 63.64%

i do not know how to make pages fit my monitor. there is 2.5 inch gap at either end

A:[SOLVED] my web page does not fill fill my monitor screen in the horizontal direction

this is not equip. failure as it worked ok before i had to go back to a restore point. i am a complete novice,trying to keep up with grand kids,please excuse.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-my-web-page-does-not-fill-fill-my-monitor-screen-in-the-horizontal-direction-471073.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I ve long used a simple macro on various spreadsheets to reset the last used cell Sub Reset Range Application ActiveSheet UsedRange End then Excel 2003 range reset to & delete columns rows, macro Solved: blank Sub This works fine but prior to using it I would have to press CTRL End to see where the current last cell is then manually delete any blank columns and rows appearing at the end of the data by selecting them by their column letters row numbers right clicking and selecting Delete Failure to do this would mean the macro didn t successfully correct the last used cell I would like to add this stage into the Solved: Excel 2003 macro to delete blank columns & rows, then reset range macro I found some code on the web that allegedly removes all blank rows and columns so I pasted it at the top of my existing macro Option Explicit Sub DeleteBlankRows Dim Rw As Solved: Excel 2003 macro to delete blank columns & rows, then reset range Long RwCnt As Long Rng As Range Application ScreenUpdating False Application Calculation xlCalculationManual On Error GoTo Exits If Selection Rows count gt Then Set Rng Selection Else Set Rng Range Rows Rows Solved: Excel 2003 macro to delete blank columns & rows, then reset range ActiveSheet Cells SpecialCells xlCellTypeLastCell Row End If RwCnt For Rw Rng Rows count To Step - If Application WorksheetFunction CountA Rng Rows Rw EntireRow Then Rng Rows Rw EntireRow Delete RwCnt RwCnt End If Next Rw Exits Application ScreenUpdating True Application Calculation xlCalculationAutomatic End Sub Sub DeleteBlankColumns Dim Col As Long ColCnt As Long Rng As Range Application ScreenUpdating False Application Calculation xlCalculationManual On Error GoTo Exits If Selection Columns count gt Then Set Rng Selection Else Set Rng Range Columns Columns ActiveSheet Cells SpecialCells xlCellTypeLastCell Column End If ColCnt For Col Rng Columns count To Step - If Application WorksheetFunction CountA Rng Columns Col EntireColumn Then Rng Columns Col EntireColumn Delete ColCnt ColCnt End If Next Col Exits Application ScreenUpdating True Application Calculation xlCalculationAutomatic End Sub However it doesn t work with my current document - pressing CTRL END after running the combined macro takes you to the same last cell as if you hadn t run it Cells in the blank columns and rows at the end have formatting shading cell borders but no obvious data As a test I also tried deleting the contents of column in the middle of the data selecting column and pressing Delete just leaving the cell formatting in place The macro failed to remove that column too So can someone help me get code that actually works in deleting empty columns and rows and resetting the last used cell Ta nbsp

A:Solved: Excel 2003 macro to delete blank columns & rows, then reset range

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-macro-to-delete-blank-columns-rows-then-reset-range.1038197/
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm getting familiar with Vista. Jury's still out on whether I like it better than XP... I'll give it a fair chance.

Anyway, I have a "Documents" folder and within it, I have 81 subfolders.

I want to have the exact matching columns in all of them (ex: name, size, date modified, date created, etc.).

Do I have to go to each folder and change them manually? Is there a way to perform "one stop shopping" here?

Also, the default on everything seems to be "name," "tags," "rating," "date created," and maybe one more. Can I change this default so that when I create new folders, they'll have more of what I'm looking for?

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello again,

I have a word doc that has a form in it. The form may have any number of fields (boxes) to type text answers into, or be a drop down list to select an answer from. I need an excel macro that extracts all data from the form, but with every five fields starting a new row in excel. So all data from the form will appear within 5 columns in an excel spreadsheet.

field 1 field 2 field 3 field 4 field 5
field 6 field 7 field 8 field 9 field 10
etc

Is that possible? I have had no luck to do it myself.

Sample form attached, thank you

Relevancy 60.2%

How do you clear the list of files and documents under File>?

A:Word & Excel files

Tools > Options > General. Set RUFL entries to blank (<1), then set it back again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-excel-files.850782/
Relevancy 59.77%

Is it possible to retrieve/restore Word or Excel files that were removed to the recycled bin and then the bin was emptied? I am using Windows 95. Thank you.

A:Deleted Word and Excel files

Unless you are willing to pay to get them back I'd say give them a nice funeral. Sorry but this is a fact. There are sites on the web that can retrieve them but they charge. If you plan on doing this do not use the computer for if you write over them it makes it harder to retreive them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleted-word-and-excel-files.50631/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have been using Windows 7 for about six months now, and have recently experienced a rather strange event when trying to access my Word and/or Excel documents. When I have opened either of these programs, and clicked on the small yellow file icon at the top to look at the available files, I get the normal list of those files, and can choose which one to open. However, occasionally after clicking the yellow "open" icon, the page is completely blank, that is to say none of my saved files are showing. After a time (usually about five or six minutes), the page loads and I see all these files so that I can then open the required one. If I go to Task Manager, nothing is showing as running, so I am at a loss why this should be. If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful for their advice. Many thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-excel-do-not-load-files.950379/
Relevancy 59.77%

A problem has suddenly developed with my Excel and Word files I think it has been caused by opening a rogue which seems to have produced viruses and malware items These I have cleared I have also run a System restore But the problem with my MS Office files persists It is this Both the Excel files and the Word files have had their respective icons replaced excel files Corrupted word and by an orange rectangular icon I cannot open either the Word or Excel files in the normal way i e by clicking on the file I have found that I can open the files by right clicking and then using the MS Open With facility either Word or Excel I have also found that I can edit these files and save them But they are saved with the rectangular icons I am running Windows If I left click either the Excel or word files then I get the following message This program is unable to run because of missing Corrupted word and excel files or corrupted filoes Contact your computer manufacturer This is clearly not a hardware problem It seems the virus malware has corrupted a MS Office command file Corrupted word and excel files or something I have reach the end of my knowledge Can anyone help me please to restore the status quo when all was working properlyThank you

A:Corrupted word and excel files

I would start by running an Office Repair. If that doesn't work, completely uninstall and reinstall Office.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/corrupted-word-and-excel-files/19840.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Our sister company apparently contracted a worm that changed all of their .doc(x) and .xls(x) files to .exe files. Does anyone here have experience with this worm, and if so what was your solution?

If what I'm reading online is right, this worm is pretty old so I'm not sure how they would get it. I'm also not at that site so the only information I have is what my boss has told me.

A:Word and Excel Files changed to .exe

Hi KenSmellsGood, welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Read through this MS website & see if that resolves the problem for you.

A Microsoft Excel, Word or PowerPoint file does not open because of incorrect file associations

Also this one as well. The link I posted above is taken from this one but there is other info that might help.

Windows Updated & Now Broken File Associations - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365215-word-excel-files-changed-exe.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Everyone,

I'm using MS Office 2003 on a PC, and tried to send Word, Excel & .pdf files to a Mac user. She has Office for Mac 2011 installed on her computer.

She cannot open any of the files. I think she may not have Adobe Reader installed, which explains why the .pdf will not open. So far as the .doc and .xls files ... I'm stumped. Other than recommending that she download Open Office, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Jen

A:Opening MS Excel, MS Word & .pdf files on a Mac

A few suggestions:

Visit this page to see if she can update her Office software.
Also, try the Office Open XML File Format Converter from Apple.
If that fails, and you don't want to use Open Office, you could save Word docs as RTF Rich Text files, and Excel files as CSV, comma seperated value files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opening-ms-excel-ms-word-pdf-files-on-a-mac.1004738/
Relevancy 59.77%

Well it appears our desktop has contracted something Microsoft Office will not open any files as it states they are all corrupt First and Word Files Corrupt All Excel I've done a lot of searching on the internet and notice others are experiencing the same problem Some of them are stating they get a screen asking for a ransom apparently the Cryptolocker virus We are not getting this message I've tried repairing files though a lot of different avenues found All Excel and Word Files Corrupt on the internet but none have worked I thought possibly the files were being corrupted while attempting to open them so All Excel and Word Files Corrupt I copied a few files that I hadn't tried opening to All Excel and Word Files Corrupt my laptop running the same version of Office but they appeared corrupted on it as well I tried running through the repair procedures on this machine and it didn't work either Two things one do I have some kind of virus on this desktop and two has anyone found a way to repair the corrupted files Thanks Matt

A:All Excel and Word Files Corrupt

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/530062 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530062/all-excel-and-word-files-corrupt/
Relevancy 59.77%

After removing the Win32Klez.E virus from my hard disk, backed up my Microsoft Office 2000 files & reinstalled Windows 98, Office 2000 no longer recognize the Word & Excel file formats. The file extensions are correct but it requested for a file conversion or choose an encoding for loading the file. Appreciate if someone could help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corrupted-word-excel-files.81863/
Relevancy 59.77%

Iwas trying to create a database using excel and mail merge in word and in process saved a lot of files to see if I had it right before entering lots of data - how do I delete them now- under find file i put the name and it says not found but i can see it under file as I open word or excel?????

A:Deleteing files Excel\word

From the File > Open pulldown

Select the file, right mouse > Delete

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleteing-files-excel-word.117429/
Relevancy 59.77%

We have Pc's that run XP Pro & a server that runs Win2000 Server. We are running Office 97 that is installed on all pcs and server. I moved some files around to different drives for space & then mapped the pc's accordingly. One of the users is saying that before I moved the files, they would come up in alphabetic order. This is when you would open the program then open the file through file/open in the Word or Excel program. I did not notice when moving them that they were in any order. I looked every place I could think of in the programs to indicate order it finds the files but cannot find any thing. Can anyone help me with this. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
R.Fritz

A:Finding files in Word & Excel

In File-Open dialog, they just need to hit the proper sort column. Has nothing to do with what you did...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-files-in-word-excel.241688/
Relevancy 59.77%

I had recently installed Norton Antivirus for my PC. After installing this, I was unable to open any Word or Excel documents that are saved under my C: or A: drives. The error message I'm getting is "The file(filename) is not available". My operating system is Windows XP-Pro. And I'm using Windows 2002. Thanks for any help.

A:Cannot open Word or Excel files

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=835404

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-word-or-excel-files.280485/
Relevancy 59.77%

My problem is that when I link an Excel file with Word, I get a graph with grid lines behind it. How can I get rid of these grid lines? I'm not referring to the grid lines within the graph itself, but the grid lines behind the graph. It looks like a nice graph siting on an Excel spreadsheet with the cells behind it. I've fiddled around with it and gotten the cells to "shrink around it", but you can still see the cells around the edges of the graph.

I'd send the file, but this system wouldn't take a .xls file. If someone wants to look at my problem graph, I'd be happy to email the file.

Thanks!

Relevancy 59.77%

Dear Techies Please help me to recover files I am unable to open PDF Word excel DWG etc files There many folders shared from server but it has affected to my shared folders There are some PDF files I can open i e out of files to files Not able to figure out what exactly causing this issue I have done Antivirus scanning but nothing found From Server as well as from Client -- Mapping share drive - Please find attached screenshot for more details I have gone many of forum it says ransom virus cryptolocker Tried with Malware tools and antivirus nothing found and nothing could recover Tried recovery softwares also There is no option from server to store previous version so tried from client windows machines but there also unable to restore Copied files to freshly installed machine and with all updated of Excel, are opening not Word, files DWG, PDF, windows and antivirus tried to recover but not succeeds Please help me to diagnose this problem and let me know the solution If i Word, Excel, PDF, DWG, files are not opening check at what time it has affected Below is the files screen shot Word, Excel, PDF, DWG, files are not opening I have tried all recovery softwares and ms tools and word excel repair tools but not worked

A:Word, Excel, PDF, DWG, files are not opening

Are there any file extensions appended to your files...such as .ecc, .ezz, .exx, .CTBL, .CTB2, .XTBL, .encrypted, .vault, .HA3 or 6-7 length extension consisting of random characters?Did you find any ransom note? These infections are created to alert victims that their data has been encrypted and demand a ransom payment. Check your documents folder for an image the malware typically uses for the background note. Check the C:\ProgramData (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data) for a random named .html, .txt, .png, .bmp, .url file.These are some examples.HELP_DECRYPT.TXT, HELP_DECRYPT.HTML, HELP_DECRYPT.URL, HELP_DECRYPT.PNGHELP_TO_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES.bmp, HELP_TO_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES.txt, HELP_RESTORE_FILES.txtHELP_TO_SAVE_FILES.txt, HELP_TO_SAVE_FILES.bmp, RECOVERY_KEY.txtDECRYPT_INSTRUCTION.TXT, DECRYPT_INSTRUCTION.HTML, DECRYPT_INSTRUCTION.URL

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577095/word-excel-pdf-dwg-files-are-not-opening/
Relevancy 59.77%

I would like to know how to convert old files .wpd/.wpl to Excel or Word. O/S is XP. These files have been saved to a floppy and the old computer has died so cannot access files to resave.
I've tried changing the extension to txt, doc. dbf, xls etc. and opening up in several different applications but receive only non-text information (squares etc.).
Can someone help with this dinosaur file?
Thank you.

A:Converting wpd/wpl files to excel or word

what are they from word perfect - you may be able to open with word - in word - open - change the filetype to the ones you have

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-wpd-wpl-files-to-excel-or-word.246025/
Relevancy 59.34%

I do a weekly report that I base on results that I get with search done in Internet Explorer I can then cut and paste these results into an Excel spreadsheet moving unwanted Rows, Question: rows Solved: Excel to new Removing columns some but I need to delete most of the information whole rows and reorganize the remaining rows by taking the even numbered rows and putting them into the B column then delete that Solved: Excel Question: Removing unwanted Rows, moving some rows to new columns Row as well I have included some images that should help Solved: Excel Question: Removing unwanted Rows, moving some rows to new columns A few more items The information that I paste into the excel spredsheet may contain up to but no more than lines from the original copying source in Explorer I m not sure how many lines that translates into Excel After every records in Explorer there is a quot top quot link that gets copied which needs to be taken into consideration when deleting the extra rows entirely Another way to look at this is that I ONLY want to keep the rows that have the digit number a space then more digits as well as the rows that contain the price with the For instance the first record in my example I ONLY kept amp The price will ALWAYS have a and the first set of number will ALWAYS have digits first no letters Attached is a jpg that shows the various steps the last screen shot has a few of the cells highlighted in the upper left hand side Those highlighted cells is all of the information I need and how I need it presented from the first search records the MLS number and the price Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Excel Question: Removing unwanted Rows, moving some rows to new columns

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-question-removing-unwanted-rows-moving-some-rows-to-new-columns.814184/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I am trying to classify and code my inventory items in excel.
My classification sheet contains data in columns which I would like to copy to rows in another excel sheet.
Here is the sample data in ACMOTORS-ATTRIBUTES sheet:

The above sheet has to be converted to columns as in Item_Classificatios_Form sheet :

Can anybody assist me in writing a macro for the same.

Thanks,
mihaufo

A:Solved: Excel Macro to convert Rows from one sheet to columns in another sheet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-to-convert-rows-from-one-sheet-to-columns-in-another-sheet.1045277/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Dell Inspiron E laptop A couple of days ago I tried to open an excel file that I regularly use and when I opened it all cells were blank except A In it was quot FileError I start to investigate and every excel file is the same Furthermore all of my word amp picture files have the same problem All my & jpeg Corrupted excel, files word excel files are KB all my word files are KB They are all time stamped with the exact same time I have McAfee that is provided by my employer but I discovered that it had not been updated in some time for some unknown reason I called our IT folks yesterday morning and they Corrupted excel, word & jpeg files tried to get me fixed but were unable to and had to pass Corrupted excel, word & jpeg files the ticket up to the next level They were unable to get the virus stuff working again either Whatever I got infected with turned off my McAfee firewall then started corrupting all of my excel word and picture files It did not corrupt any files in my recycle bin I tired to do a system restore to the day before the problems started but it didn t help Turns out whatever got loaded probably happened the day before all the bad Corrupted excel, word & jpeg files stuff started happening So I unrestored the restore that I did the first time and did a system restore to December st instead It did not help and created more problems for me I keep getting these pop ups one after another I would attach screen shots of the errors but I can t figure out how to do it Debbie

A:Corrupted excel, word & jpeg files

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/184882/corrupted-excel-word-jpeg-files/
Relevancy 58.91%

I Word/excel Opening Files Slow recently did a new Slow Opening Word/excel Files install of Windows XP having been using Windows I backuped and formatted the disk and the install went with out problem I also installed SP The main problems I m experiencing are with Word files taking a very long time to load and being unable to access the internet network for about seconds when booting up I wonder if I m infected or perhaps there is a network issue Here s a detailed description On startup items load as normal then there is a long delay of about - seconds when nothing happens as if it s finished start up however I can t access the internet or the network Then the remaining startup programs suddently load such as the Wacom Slow Opening Word/excel Files graphics tablet driver and I can now access the internet and network When I click a Word or Excel files from a shared drive it seconds to load Word Excel then another seconds to load the file itself However when I load Word locally it loads instantly and load a new document instantly Office After the computer had been on for about hours Word Excel loads files from the network instantly Really weird and annoying Any help would be greatly appreciated Many thanks John

A:Slow Opening Word/excel Files

Here are a couple of things to try (if you have not already done so):
1. Run scandisk/checkdisk
2. Run defrag
3. Check to see what applications launch on start up. If you re-installed a ton of applications (Office, for example) these may be launching their quick starts on boot; also review your Anti-Virus's settings.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149697/slow-opening-wordexcel-files/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a laptop with Vista 64 and use Microsoft Office 2007. Within the last few months I noticed that attachments to email no matter what client I use cannot be opened. (Word and Excel) If I save a file and go to word or excel I can open the file normally. This only occurs when I double click on a file that is an attachment. I have attached a jpg file that shows the verbiage of the actual error. This one was through Lotus notes but it doesnt matter if I am using outlook or gmail it always generates something similiar. Hopefully someone has some ideas so I can rectify this situation. I have tried numerous solutions and have not had any luck in resolving this problem.

Thanks!

A:Word or Excel Files as Attachments in Email

Was this email from a client or did you try to send it?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/281049-word-excel-files-attachments-email.html
Relevancy 58.91%

i am running win xp pro i have office pro installed with all the Excel files and wont word open latest updates The problem comes when i try to Excel and word wont open files open a word or excel file from my desktop or even one of my other drives Meaning just being able to double-click on the document and having it open When i do this the folder that the document is in wont respond Then the folder freezes and i must use task manager to close the folder Keep in mind that i DONT receive any error messages when double clicking the the file i can however go into start gt programs gt microsoft office gt word or excel and open the program there then open the document but i shouldnt have to do this i have tried to run the repair to no avail i have uninstalled and then reinstalled office with no luck Norton windoc found problems missing files with my net framework so i uninstalled and then reinstalled that That fixed the net missing files but not my office problem Help me please cuz this has a tendency to be very frustrating Tendency meaning every time i try to use the program nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I want to insert Word and Exel documents into Publisher so that I can crop them to irregular shapes. The crop tools are only available when a picture is inserted. I need to know if there is a way to save Word/Excel in different formats so that they can be treated as pictures for manipulation purposes. It would help if they would also open in PSP as that would give me some more options.

Relevancy 58.91%

Office 2003 on XP.

If I double-click a .doc or .xls file, I get a brief "Preparing to Install" window that goes away in a second or so. The app then opens to an empty screen. If I then click File/Open, I can drill down to my file and open it that way.

Anyone else have this problem? What did you do to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

A:Word and Excel won't open files directly

This is a long shot, but you may have to associate the files with the program they were meant for. On eway to do this is to open my computer, not any office program. Find the file (files) you want, right click and choose "Open With" and pick the correct program in the list.

In the future your files should open with the right program without any additional efftort.

Let me know if this works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213303/word-and-excel-wont-open-files-directly/