Windows Support Forum

EXCEL 2 files compare data in 3 columns

Q: EXCEL 2 files compare data in 3 columns

I m hoping there 2 3 columns compare EXCEL files data in is a formula within EXCEL that will allow me to complete this comparison I ve been working on it all day manually and realize it will take a long time to complete this way My computer is running on Windows Home Premium and my EXCEL is I have two different files and within each are three columns of data that I need to compare They re labeled NC NCI and SECNCI To be considered a match I need all three fields within a row to match exactly to a row within the other file The first file called REQUEST NET FILE has over rows of data so naturally there will be many repeats of these same three fields in that file but each row where the three fields match any row of data on the second file called DEPLOYED TABLE FILE needs to be the same to be considered a match If it doesn t match if possible I d also like to know why This could fall into two different scenarios NC CODE IS NOT ON DEPLOYED TABLE FILE or NCI SECNCI combo not on deployed table for this NC Once complete I ll run the same process in reverse so both files will end up with a match or no match next to each row If I need to run two separate compares one to EXCEL 2 files compare data in 3 columns get the match and then one on just the no match results to find the second bit of info I can do that Or if the second criteria can t be found via excel formula just the match no match result will be acceptable as that will save me so much time I was thinking a vlookup could do the compare for me but I m not good with vlookup formulas and after struggling a few hours with it I started searching and came across your site I ve found a few similar topics but nothing that I can translate into something for my specific need I ve attached portions of the two files and you can see on the REQUEST NET FILE where I ve managed to get to with doing it manually It s quite a tedious process so I m really hoping you can help Thank you Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: EXCEL 2 files compare data in 3 columns

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 83.39%

Hi,
I have an excel sheet with 3 columns. What I want to do is, I need to be able to find value in column 3, that corresponds to a value in column 2. The value in column2 should match the value in col 1.

Example

Input Data
Col1 Col2 Col3
1------2------A
2------7------B
7------1------C
5------9------D

The result should be
Col1 Col2 Col3
1------1------C
2------2------A
7------7------B
5------9------D
Please help me.

Relevancy 95.46%

Hi there -

Thanks in advance for helping.

Here's the situation:
I have TWO excel files
'FILE A' ... Has a full list of over 2,000 entries, each with a unique ID in the far-left column ('A')
'FILE B' ... Has a list of 400 entries with their respective IDs (that are found within the 2,000)
I need to compare the data found in File B with that in File A. If they appear in both files, I want a '1' to appear in the cell next to it

Here's what I need:

In Column 'B' of "FILE A", I need a formula that will do the following:
=If A2 is found in the first column in "FILE B", then show '1', if not show nothing

Does anyone have a solution? I am not certain if a VLOOKUP is the possible solution, and if so, I cannot figure out the correct formula.

Thanks again,

fisher1711

A:EXCEL Question - Compare Data across two files, and if found return with a '1'

I am not certain if a VLOOKUP is the possible solutionClick to expand...

should be and then use a IF statement - to test if the vlookup is true or not

something like
=VLOOKUP(A2,[fileB.xlsx]Sheet1!$A$2:$A$xxxxx,1,false)
where xxxxx is the end of the row range
will do the lookup

use ISERROR to test if true of false

and then an IF to add the 1

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A2,[fileB.xlsx]Sheet1!$A$2:$A$xxxxx,1,false)),"",1)

are both files open ?

this is just on two sheets, as an example here

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$4,1,FALSE)),"",1)

so if there is an error - ie cannot find the lookup then as its true it returns nothing "" if it is true it returns 1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-question-compare-data-across-two-files-and-if-found-return-with-a-1.1066258/
Relevancy 95.46%

I ve been at this for what seems forever so any help would be greatly appreciated I want to compare data from one sheet to another and for any exceptions non matches I want it to copy and paste the entire row into a rd sheet I ve searched and found various codes about comparing columns but my need seems to be a little more columns VBA Compare data Solved: complex I want it to compare columns on sheet columns A amp B against columns on sheet columns C amp D and it does not what row they are in I also would like the sheet name to be included in the results I ve Solved: VBA Compare data columns attached a sample book with the data Sheet shows what data should generate from this code These would be the results because the names both first and last Solved: VBA Compare data columns do not appear on both sheets I dont have a lot of experience with code so any help would be great Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 95.46%

Please help. I need to find a formula that compares any value in one column to any value in another. so for example -

A B
1 3643 6488
2 5378 9087
3 9631 0092
4 4657 9876
(repeat for several hundred lines)

i need a way to find out if any of these are duplicates. i've tried a few formulas i've found on this site but all i've got back is #NAME? when entering them. also, i'm using openoffice, not excel. does that matter? thanks.

A:Excel compare columns

This is nothing special. There's a butt-ton of ways.
Here's my article on it.

http://www.officearticles.com/excel/dealing_with_duplicate_records_in_microsoft_excel.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-compare-columns.773950/
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi I have Worksheets I would like to compare the columns and add missing employees to Different Worksheets Columns Add Data on and Missing Compare the main worksheet and highlight any employees that no longer on the nd sheet Sample - Sheet Plant - PA's Column A Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data Column B Column C Row Employee Name Employee ID Start Date Row Employee VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Row Employee Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Row Employee VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Row Employee VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Sample - Sheet Employee List Query Column Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data A Column B Column C Row Employee Name Employee ID Start Date Row Employee Row Employee Row Employee Row Employee In the above example I would like to be able to add Employee from the Employee List Query to the bottom of the Plant - PA's sheet along with the VLOOKUP formulas in Columns B C I would also like to highlight Employee on the Plant - PA's as it has been removed form the Employee List Query sheet Hopefully this makes sense and is possible Thank you Sandi

A:Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data

Hi,Here is an example of how i would do it, usually others will have a much cleaner and probably better way of coding the solution, however this is my way of doing it.Hopefully DerbyDad can provide a solution too.There are two method which you will need to call1) CopyMissingEmployeeThis will call IsOnOtherList and check if the employee exists on the other list, if not then the entire row is copied to sheet 12) HiglightRemovedThis will call IsMissing and will highlight any employees on sheet 1 where they do not appear on sheet 2.Hope this helpsPrivate Sub CopyMissingEmployee()

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range
Dim NextRow

Set URange = Sheet2.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet2.Range(URange, LRange)

If IsOnOtherList(BCell.Value) = False Then

BCell.EntireRow.Copy

NextRow = Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

Sheet1.Paste Sheet1.Range("A" & NextRow + 1)

End If

Next BCell

End Sub

Private Function IsOnOtherList(EmpID As String) As Boolean

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range

Set URange = Sheet1.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet1.Range(URange, LRange)

If BCell.Value = EmpID Then
IsOnOtherList = True
Exit For
Else
IsOnOtherList = False
End If

Next BCell

End Function

Private Sub HiglightRemoved()

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range
Dim NextRow

Set URange = Sheet1.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet1.Range(URange, LRange)

If IsMissing(BCell.Value) = True Then

'BCell.EntireColumn.Interior.Color = vbYellow
BCell.EntireRow.Interior.Color = vbYellow

End If

Next BCell

End Sub

Private Function IsMissing(EmpID As String) As Boolean

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range

Set URange = Sheet2.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet2.Range(URange, LRange)

If BCell.Value <> EmpID Then
IsMissing = True
Else
IsMissing = False
Exit For
End If

Next BCell

End Function

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/compare-columns-on-different-worksheets-and-add-missing-data/19897.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I am looking to compare columns of numbers I have found related posts answers Excel of columns numbers compare - but they don t do exactly what I am trying to do I am a beginner Excel - compare columns of numbers at excel so find the complex formulas really confusing The data I have is lists of numbers I am trying to find out how many which numbers are unique to each list how many which numbers are common between all lists and how many which numbers are common between of the lists My lists vary in length up to entries Up until now I have been changing the colour the text in each list combining them and sorting - and then subtracting each number from the one above it to identify duplicates and counting by hand which is incredibly time consuming as you can imagine I have attached an excel document with the three lists and what i have currently been doing Thank you in advance if you can help me nbsp

Relevancy 93.31%

Greetings I am using MS Excel My situation is as this I run a report every week for some items and their value I compare conditions Condition gives the whole list with Column A as the name of the item and Column B with value of the item Condition is for the same items but the problem is that when I extract the data from SAP it excludes the item name that has or less value so i don t get the whole list of items And both conditions go in the same woorkbook and sheet when I run the report I copy them into one workbook The report is for comparing between condition and condition Excel Columns MS cell and Compare next add 2007 to The problem is that I have to go through both lists of items and manually add the items that are missing in condition and add a value of zero next to them I need a macro that compares the conditions and not only add the missing item name but also add zero to the cell next to the item added MS Excel 2007 Compare Columns and add to next cell to the right nbsp

A:MS Excel 2007 Compare Columns and add to next cell

Sorry for bothering... I must have put this in the wrong place

I solved the problem... Needed an iPod with some of the best of Yanni and a couple of cigarettes to come up with a solution

I was thinking that the "IF" formula is the solution but what I needed actually was advanced filtering.

Item name on Column A and value in Column B

Sorted both Conditions by Column A

Condition 1 has the full list of items.. and Condition 2 had a smaller list but needed to have all items and the missing ones needed to have 0 value in B.

I had a new workbook and copied Columns A & B from Condition 2 into the new workbook. Then went to condition 1 and copied column A only under the cells copied from Condition 2.

Used advanced filtering on Column A to show unique records only.

The result is a list of items with their values in column B untouched and the ones that were missing in Condition 2 had blank value.

Now I can run a macro to automate this process...

Sorry for having this put in the wrong place, and it seemed that I was able to solve this on my own after all.

Well the bright side is that there is a one in a million chance that someone out there need the same thing that I need and actually see a solution

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-excel-2007-compare-columns-and-add-to-next-cell.885665/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi I have a problem that I think is not that tricky to solve but I can t figure it out I m not completely retarded when it comes to excel but I m not at a pro so I come here for help I have two lists of serialnumbers In one the SN is totally correct and the other is somewhat correct but might miss 2007, Excel Compare advice columns a letter or a Excel 2007, Compare columns advice is an O I have this function quot IF ISERROR MATCH D A A quot quot quot x quot quot which detects exact matches What I am looking for is a function that will first check for exact match and if Excel 2007, Compare columns advice it s not a match then it should check if there s a near match preferably in I might be dreaming and this is impossible but I hope not Excel 2007, Compare columns advice I realize that most SN of the same product will have a lot of similarities but that s ok As long is I get an indicator like this I will know if there was a exact match nothing close to a match or something that might be typo This is what I would want it to look like To make it easy to spot I have only deleted the last letter in the cases with not an exact match but I would like to be able to detect errors in any position It should also be said that the SN is from a wide range of products so the length is not always the same I tried comparing a letter at a time which I think would work if all strings were the same length in all cases Please give me some advice if not a complete solution Is this something feasible or should I just give up Thanks edit Just after I made this post I found out about a tool developed by Microsoft quot Fuzzy Lookup Tool quot which seems to be exactly what I am looking for I will install it and try it out MY HMDSA A MJ HSHY X MJ HSHY Z MJ HSHY MJ HSHY N HA HMDP R MJ HSHY V MJ HSHY D MJ HSHY D MJ HSHY MJ HSHY X MJ HSHY MJ HSHY W MJ HSHY Z HA HMDP R MY HMDSA A nbsp

A:Excel 2007, Compare columns advice

Hi, welcome to the forum

Maybe this helps, I haven't tested it but knew it existed in Excel

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip77.htm

Uses the SOUNDEX Function

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2007-compare-columns-advice.1090239/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have one spreadsheet with a list of over 3000 names.  I have 150 spreadsheets with 3 to 8 names each.  I need to check to see if the names on the smaller spreadsheets are on the one with 3000.  How do I do this one at a time or comparing all 150 at once.  Thanks, Paul

A:Compare Excel Data

Hello Friends,
Using AutoFilter to filter data is a quick and easy way to find and work with a subset of data in a range of cells or table. Once you have filtered data in a range of cells or table, you can either reapply a filter to get up-to-date results, or clear a filter to redisplay all of the data.
Thanks and Regards,
Agili Ron

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488969/compare-excel-data/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have a workbook 2003 Help Data Excel Compare with two sheets of data One sheet has the Research Data The other sheet has the Database Data I need to make sure that the data in both sheets are the same The problem is that the Database Data Excel 2003 Data Compare Help has a lot more info than the Research Data I just need to make sure what I have for Research Data matches in the Database Data Below are the images of each sheet if someone can tell me how to attach a file I am sure that will be easier Does anybody have any idea on how to make sure that everything from Research Data matches Database Data all in one sheet If you could post a response spreadsheet that would be awesome I want to do it in a separate sheet in the same workbook because there is so much data The examples provided here are Excel 2003 Data Compare Help very small scale Research Data Database Data Sorry if I was confusing please let me know if you have an questions or confusion Thanks in advance Classic

A:Excel 2003 Data Compare Help

VLOOKUP() function will do much for the job. At least it can mark the rows that match. MATCH() and INDEX() are another way, a bit harder to do.
But you need something in common between the two sheets. Vlookup relies on a common element and you specify which column you want to match.
Basically you would ask excel to find in a bigger, sorted on ID table and entry from a smaller table that matches that ID.

You do have few common columns, good enough.
But in column A you have some ID of 101+ in one and 200001 in another.
If they "logically" correspond, and expression might work, but that's a flaky and risky proposition when we don't know your data.

Are you looking for something like 105 matches 200009 (they don't, I'm going for a concept) because values in the 3 columns on research match corresponding values on database in row 20009?

So, you need to tell a little more, also tell us -
What do you expect to see in the Compare sheet? Make up an example.
Do you need a separate Compare sheet or would a column on the sheet containing more rows be sufficient to indicate what got matched?
Is the number of rows identical in both sheets and the only difference is more columns on the Database sheet? Or is one sheet a big thing, and the other one a bunch of selected things?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402345/excel-2003-data-compare-help/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

There is probably a really simple solution to this....but let me first define the problem..

I work in a maintanence tracking department. Every week I am given an excel spreadsheet with hundreds of jobs, each with a unique identification number arranged in columns. during that week as work is done I can generate another excel spreadsheet with all the job numbers that have been completed and I have to sort through the first list and tick them off as 'done'. I usually use the 'find' tool in Excel - but I am only able to find one number at a time.

Ideally I would like to be able to copy and paste a whole list of numbers into 'find' and get Excel to highlight all those jobs that have been completed.

Is this possible - do I need a macro? Help - cos it is taking up valuable hours of my life!!

Cheers,

Chris.

Relevancy 81.7%

I am new excel user and need some help. I have 2 series of numbers and want to compare and merge them into one. For eg. column A has 1,3,5,7 and Column B has 1,2,3,4,5 and my answer in column c should be 1,2,3,4,5,7. Please advise how this can be done.

A:Excel compare and merge data

office software forum [not this one]utilize the excel helpgoogle search on excel tutorials.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/excel-compare-and-merge-data/65618.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi all,

I am busy creating a new worksheet which contains figures from different years (different columns) the data is extracted and filtered via Pivot Table.the issue is that Column A represents a name , Column B respresents a figure of let's say 2011. Than Column C represents a name again and Column D represents a number again.

Collum A-B and Collum B-D belong together. the issue now is that it is not sorted and i need a formula that will compare A with C to see if this is a match and than B needs to Compare with D and to calculate the difference

http://i56.tinypic.com/34oegkp.png <-- hereby a screenshot , hopes this ill clarify it.

With kind regards,

Erik

A:Excel - Sort,Compare,Calculate data

you can sort the data in the pivot table - if thats all you need to do

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-sort-compare-calculate-data.1017484/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,

I'm looking to use a workbook that I type an employee number in to and it'll automatically pull the name from another workbook and add it to the following cell.

In other words I have a database of names and employee numbers. The other is a form, but I want it to automatically add the name when I type the employee number. How can I do that?

Thanks

Relevancy 79.98%

Hello,

As per the title I want to compare the data between two excel files not work sheets in the same file (if that males a difference).

So I want to compare the old data with the new data and highlight the differences in red or any color on the new sheet.

Thanks!

Relevancy 79.12%

I need to be able to take one worksheet and see if the data on there is located on any other worksheet. I don't need to know which worksheet it is on, just if it exists. If there is a way to mark which worksheet the matching data is on, that would be better. Please see my example. On sheet 4, it is looking for matching data from worksheets A, B and C from column A. I tried a 3D reference but I don't think you can do that with Match from what I'm reading. Thank you!

A:Excel - Want to compare data from one worksheet to several others and mark true/false

Make 4 columns and use Match function fore one sheet a time!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-want-to-compare-data-from-one-worksheet-to-several-others-and-mark-true-false.742036/
Relevancy 78.69%

Is it possible to fetch some lines of data from a group of web pages and paste in to Excel?Pls view the image for required excel columns.

urls are,
Stock Share Price dlf ltd | Get Quote dlf | BSE
Stock Share Price dlf ltd | Get Quote dlf | BSE
Stock Share Price jaiprakash associates ltd | Get Quote jaipra | BSE
------------
-----------
up to 100 urls in a text file.

A:Web site data to excel columns

When you right click on the webpage and select "View source" from the context menu - do you see the info of interest; I don't. If the info were there, you could use InetGet. They know the value of the info being presented and they probably want to discourage automated data mining.

See if there is a mobile version of the webpage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/295491-web-site-data-excel-columns.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I'm trying to find a way to delete some data from a column, say column A. The numbers to be deleted are in another column, column B. Is there a way to have excel remove from column A, those numbers that appear in column B? It would require some way to compare, but I can't figure out if excel has this capability. If the columns were small, we could do this manually, but the data set is huge, with several thousand numbers.

Thanks for any help.
-wayne

Relevancy 77.83%

On the attached spreadsheet, I need a total count of baselined desktops (minus the ones that have been deleted)...my problem is how do I get it to look at one record, mark that that agent had been a baselined one, but is now deleted, so don't count it. I can't just remove the deleted ones, cause I want my customer to know which agents have disappeared. Take a look at the formula in B2 for a general idea. That formula doesn't work cause it just adds everything together. I need it to be smart enough to Total the Baselined Agents and then Subtract the agents that are baselined and deleted per field. Any questions let me know. Look at B2 to get an idea and see if I'm on the right track.

A:Solved: Excel - Trying to count 2 columns (almost as one) to get data for a 3rd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-trying-to-count-2-columns-almost-as-one-to-get-data-for-a-3rd.737946/
Relevancy 77.83%

All,

First, thank you all for you time and knowledge in advance.

Here's my situation. I'm working with file that is sent to me with populated information, in this example Col A
What I would like to do is enter information in Col B and then do a comparison of both A and B, letting me know if something in Col B is not in Col A and also is something in Col A not in Col B.

I need to know if what was sent to my in the spread sheet match what I physically inventoried.

I have provided an example.

Hopefully I did not over complicate my request.

Thank you,

miketx

A:Solved: comparing data in two columns in Excel

does this help
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213367
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel-help/use-excel-to-compare-two-lists-of-data-HA001103915.aspx

or this may ble closer to what you need
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/174998-excel-compare-2-lists-highlight.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-comparing-data-in-two-columns-in-excel.989078/
Relevancy 77.83%

I have data organised in paris of columns with differing amounts of data in each column pair.
I need to move all data to columns A&B:

- If there is data in columns C & D, move it to the foot of columns A&B.
- Then, if there is data in columns E & F, move it to the foot of columns A&B.
- Etc. til the end of the ActiveRange.

I've managed to do this using hard-coded column references, but it involves a lot of reptetition.
Presumably the code can be substantially compacted, and work to the end of the ActiveRange rather than to arbitrary end columns (in this case, cols AC and AD).

A:Solved: Excel VBA moving all data to columns A+B

Hi
This will work on the active sheet.... If you need this for multiple sheets we would need to alter the macro slightly. Test this on a copy of your xl file.

Code:

Sub appAB()

Dim i As Integer
Dim lRow As Integer
Dim lRowA As Integer

For i = 3 To 30 Step 2
lRow = Cells(Rows.Count, i).End(xlUp).Row
lRowA = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
Range(Cells(1, i), Cells(lRow, i + 1)).Cut Destination:=Range("A" & lRowA)
Next

End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-vba-moving-all-data-to-columns-a-b.1128060/
Relevancy 77.83%

Helloooo
I have two columns of data. In column A, I need to identify every cell that is identical to any value in column B.

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi - I m semi-proficient with excel and I m actually working on creating some dashboard reports at this time One problem I m having is separating some of the data from a specific column Let me give you an example This column has over lines in Excel columns? separation Data Solved: this is just a sample What I need to do is break this column out by month and show how many dates are from the last month the last - months and the Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? ones that are months in the past Of course I want the sheet to show this info automatically so it has to know the current date which I can do by placing the formula quot TODAY Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? quot So what I m asking for is what formula and format would I use to count how many cells in this column fall into each of date ranges I mentioned Also I did manage to use the DAYS A C for example where A quot Today quot and C quot quot above This information is in cells next to the above data as follows - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - So I figured out how to list how many days I have since the date Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? in the first column but not how to break them apart within the column Hopefully this is enough information to request some help but if you need more info please let me know I ll watch the thread closely Thank you -Drake nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi A does anyone know how to search for the text content Searching Rows/Columns EXCEL Data in of a cell through a column and then return the value content of the cell of a certain other column of the same row where the text content was found e g A B C D T XY TP YZ TP ZY P YX TP YY FORMULA TP ZZ gt gt FORMULA EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns quot Look for string TP in column A other than in EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns row and return the value of that row in column C C YZ quot NOTE There might be more than row with the string TP in column A - I would need the sum of all results in column C where the FORMULA finds this string B I also have a similar problem with another worksheet It would require a formula which searches through a whole column for certain names e g quot Donna quot and then returns the value of another column in the same row where it found quot Donna quot the value again is not in a column directly EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns adjacent to the column where quot Donna quot would be found This is fairly identical to problem A except that the search string would be unique only result and it doesn t have to take into account and disregard if the string was found in the same row of the FORMULA the search column would be in a different worksheet from the FORMULA worksheet Thanks for any suggestions Cheers from New Zealand Andreas nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

I am having two column with current month profit & last month profit respectively Column A & Column B. I would like to compare both column & set the ICON (down Arrow & up Arrow ) based on result if A1 value greater than B1 set upper arrow else down arrow

A:How to set ICON in Excel by comparing data in 2 Columns

You didn't say where you wanted the arrows to appear, so I'll use C1 for this explanation.1 - In C1, enter this formula: =IF(A1>B1,2,IF(A1=B1,1,0))2 - Under the Conditional Formatting drop down, choose Icon Sets and then choose the Up arrow.3 - Go back into Conditional Formatting and choose Manage Rules4 - Edit the Rule for C1 as follows:----- Click the Show Icon Only box to place checkmark in box----- Change Type to be Number in both dropdowns----- Up Arrow: when value is >=2----- Sideways Arrow: when <2 and >0----- Down Arrow: when <=0 (should be default)5 - Click OKLet me know how that works for you.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-set-icon-in-excel-by-comparing-data-in-2-columns/20422.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi This is a fab site just spent a good few hours reading through without realising the time ANyway I am stuck on an Excel problem I have two columns of which there are lots of duplicates in column A and various values in column B Like this A B Book Title Song One Book Title Song Two Book Title Song THree Book Title Song One Book TItle Song Two Book Title Song Three Book TItle Song Four and so on for rows Merge two Solved: a Data Columns from row Sort Excel and into What I would like to do is have all of the relevant info from column B in just one cell in one row rather than a separate row for each song title So what I ideally need is A B Book Title One Song One Song Two Song Three Book Title Two Song One Song Two Song Three Song Four and so Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row on Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row I have no idea where to begin with this I have read several similar Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row things that might help but the problem is that each Book Title has a different number of songs in it Can any one advise a complete beginner on how I might accomplish this Many thanks for any guidance nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

We have a survey package which is great, but it out puts the questions numbers over the columns and each new row is a response, however our calculations are setup for the question numbers to be the rows and the responses are the columns. Is there any way to swap these values around in this fashion? Thanks for any help

A:Excel: swapping columns and rows layout of data?

Howdy. You can copy the data, then Paste Special > Transpose

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-swapping-columns-and-rows-layout-of-data.456591/
Relevancy 76.97%

What would be the best way to find a specific Column Header, and copy the data found in the column until the column header is found again?

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,

I was hoping somone could please help me out.

I have an excel spread sheet with a lot of data in columns which i need to convert into rows. The problem is one column contains over 10,000 rows of data... thus making it too hard to transpose manually.

I have attached a copy of the spreadsheet (condensed version) and was hoping someone had some suggestions on how i can achieve my desired outcome.

Thanks very much,

Ray

A:Move alot of Data from Columns Excel 2010 - too big to transpose

I'm sorry to say that this is pretty much impossible as far as I can tell because there simply isn't enough consistency in your layout. If all rows were there and in order it would be easy enough.
As they aren't, one would need to inspect the titles to put them in the right place, but your titles don't always match either. For example your second "Telephone" entry is actually titled "Clinic Mobile", which the computer justly sees as very different indeed.
I'll try to help if I can, but you'll need some point of consistency if you want computers to automate a process. If it helps, here's a copy of my spreadsheet that inspects the titles (on sheet 2). If there are only a few problematic titles it might be easier to correct them manually (or use search and replace).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-alot-of-data-from-columns-excel-2010-too-big-to-transpose.981919/
Relevancy 76.11%

I'm a novice excel VBA macro user. I've manipulated already created macros, but I'm not sure how to create one from scratch. Can someone please help me create a macro.

I'd like to move the values highlighted in yellow to the cells highlighted in green...and then delete any rows that are empty.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all,

I have an excel sheet attached as an example. What I want to do is
take the data in each column and put them together into one
column.

In my attached excel sheet I would like to have the data in each
column look like this in one separate column each line for example 1-72-bk-1803

any help is appreciated....thanks

A:Excel question: how would you connect data in defferent columns into one column?

In E1 enter
=A1&"-"&b1&"-"&c1&"-"&d1
copy down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-question-how-would-you-connect-data-in-defferent-columns-into-one-column.934495/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all I have a spreadsheet that holds sports results based on age groups The age groups are in one column stored as U B U G U B U G U B U G which is the age B or G boy girl The results are in another column stored as whole numbers I am trying to find a formula that will allow me to sort on the first column in the order shown above and then on the second column in descending order and then bring back the other data like the name example Child A U B Child B U G Child C U B Child D U G Child E U G would be returned as U B Child C U G Child D U G Child B U G Child E U B Child A I know I can use a manual sort but I was hoping to automatically put the results in a separate sheet in the correct order Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Excel - function to sort multiple columns of alphanumeric data

You could easily enter in this formula:
=IF(LEN(B1)=3,LEFT(B1,1)&"0"&RIGHT(B1,2),B1)
(where the three data columns are just A, B, and C) so that you get - instead of U6B, for instance - U06B. This allows you to sort correctly by age.
If you want it copied and sorted to another page like that, you really need a macro/VBA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-function-to-sort-multiple-columns-of-alphanumeric-data.933917/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I amp m trying to work out how I can look at one column in a spreadsheet and display the text in another field but without a load of blank cells in the results column Let me give you an example On Sheet In column A are road names In column B the number of building on that to from multiple one data column 2010 Excel columns separating road In column C the last date and work was doneon the road In Column D is an IF formula thatbasically gives a result of Excel 2010 separating data from one column to multiple columns or On another sheet I want four lists Sheet In column A is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column B is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column C is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column D is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D I can do this with a simple IF statement in columns A B C amp D on sheet and drag it down but there are a couple of problems with this method If the value in sheet doesn amp t match I get a blank cell on sheet as there should be but this leaves a large number of cells with no value I need a list in each column A B C amp D onsheet without any blank cells I amp m going to be pasting different data into columns A B amp D on sheet a number of times and the number of rows in will be different each time I remember seeing something before thatinvolved using the IF and COUNTIF function in a formula but not sure how Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Excel 2010 separating data from one column to multiple columns

should be able to use an array formula - so use control + shift + enter key and the formula gets { } brackets

Code:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$14,SMALL(IF(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$14[COLOR="Red"]=1[/COLOR],ROW(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$14)-ROW(Sheet1!$A$2)+1),ROWS(F$4:F4)))
where you change the red =1
to =2, 3, 4 for different columns

does that work out

see attached

if it works we can extend the range and cleanup the errors

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2010-separating-data-from-one-column-to-multiple-columns.1090901/
Relevancy 73.96%

I need a visual basic macro for excel that will do the following From sheet ColumnA Select rows until sheet columnA value does not start with REC as the no of rows is unbalanced sometimes rows sometimes rows sometimes rows etc copy selected rows and transpose to sheet columnA to however many rows were selected Repeat until end for 2002 to in new Visual columns Excel data unbalanced Basic rows sheet using Macro last row My real table has rows and the rows are unbalanced I am attaching a test file Please help me and thank you for your support and time Tech Support Guy System Info Utility Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD G M -L V MS- Antivirus None nbsp

A:Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data

Can you also attach a second workbook showing how the data should appear after the macro is run?

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/visual-basic-macro-for-excel-2002-columns-to-rows-in-new-sheet-using-unbalanced-data.1080037/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello i'm trying to compare in excel some columns with numbers

Example

i have numbers in columns
A B C D E
i want in column F to give me all numbers that there are in all columns and in column G the numbers that there are in 4 of 5 columns
can anyone help me on this?

Relevancy 73.96%

I have two Workbooks
One with part number and sales rank, the second I have part number and description information.
WB1:
PN Rank
10001 1
10005 2
10010 3
etc
WB2
PN Description
10001 Black Floormat 48x60
10002 Black Floormat 48x72
10003 Grey Floormat 48x60
10004 Grey Floormat 48x72
etc

How can I make a WB with PN, Rank and Description together? The problem is WB2 has a lot of part numbers that is not in WB1 and I do have the time to delete by hand...

A:Solved: Compare Columns

I'm sure someone will be able to help, but just a comment - this would be soooooooo easy in Access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-compare-columns.559821/
Relevancy 71.38%

Can there be a macro in excel to find column headers of the excel file in word docs and fill them in excel respectively for all the docx files in a folder. word data/file is not in table format and all docx files are similar

I tried recording the macro but it doesn't work

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi Gurus,

I have many excel files containing similar data.

1. I want to copy specific columns (columns A to U) from all files and paste the consolidated data into another excel file.

2. I also want to copy specific columns (columns C,D,E,G,H,K,L,T,V,W,X,Y) and paste the consolidated data in a different excel.

Please help.

A:Excel macro - copy specific columns from different files to one file

Are all of these source Excel files stored in the same directory? Do they need to be opened and consolidated in any particular order? More details please. If possible please try to provide a sample file with any sensitive data removed.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-copy-specific-columns-from-different-files-to-one-file.857189/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have searched for a similar issue but was unsuccessful I need to create a macro to do what will surely one cells to from macro Excel 2007 to copy columns row in files certain second be a miserably repetitive job of transposing data for a whle bunch of files I need to get into each excel file and copy certain data fields from column B B -B turquoise B -B Excel macro to copy certain cells from one row to second files columns in 2007 bright greeen B -B bklue B -B pink and B tan into sequential cells in another file into a single row under a heading A - O I will need to do this several hundred times open a file copy the fields and all the files selected data from a column will wind up in a single excel data sheet in columns I thought I would just do a careful record macro but cannot get to record beyond my first cell copy I have named both files xlsm and changed settings to no avail The source file is Excel macro to copy certain cells from one row to second files columns in 2007 attached and called Source and Detsination is called destination Any help or a macro would be greatly appreciated attached the source file Source I collor codes the field to be copied in the source Excel macro to copy certain cells from one row to second files columns in 2007 as indicated aboue with the header fields in the destination if that helps Thank you VERY much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-to-copy-certain-cells-from-one-row-to-second-files-columns-in-2007.958889/
Relevancy 69.23%

I'm trying to do a simple 2 column merge in an Excel file. The idea is to put both first and last names (currently in 2 separate columns) into one column. There is more data in the worksheet, address, telelphone etc - in other columns.

When the name columns are selected, then FORMAT CELLS, then ALIGNMENT, MERGE CELLS, it comes back with -

"The selection contains multiple data values. Merging into one cell will keep the upper-left most data only"

There's text only in all the cells in both columns.

When I click on OK - like yea, do it anyway - both first and last name columns are blank - and there is no merged column.

I have also tried to use the CONCATENATE function and it works great for 1 cell at a time, but does not do entire columns...

Is there another step I've missed in this ?

Thanks...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-error-merging-columns-multiple-data-values.1018600/
Relevancy 68.8%

Ok I am trying to print a spreadsheet format list. I have about 30000
title-artist entries in 2 columns. I am basically trying to print pages 1 & 2, 3-4, 5-6 and so on the same page without shrinking them way down. I want it to be just like I printed 2 columns but with 4 instead. I want to use the left side of the page for page 1 and the left side for page 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

A:Solved: Printing 4 Columns from 2 columns in excel

Welcome to the board.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/asap-utilities-excel-tools-tip.php?tip=124&utilities=Format ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printing-4-columns-from-2-columns-in-excel.773525/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hiya gang I need to know where I went wrong and for someone to point me in the right direction for a plausible solution Here is my task at hand Our database crashed and we lost data I don t want to loose the data we have already inputted since the crash however there is missing data I loaded up the last best known back up of our database to recover Data Update From Query a Solved: Field Compare Data the lost data So far so good I have done the following below Exported field from one db be mdb file Imported field to new db Solved: Update Data From a Compare Data Field Query be mdb file Run Query to compare data and fill any missing fields with corresponding data In essence I am attempting to replace data from a compare data field query in access Listed below are the web links I used to create the process above Export a database object to another Access database http office microsoft com en-us a t-to-another-access-database-HA aspx Compare two tables and find records w o matches http office microsoft com en-us a find-records-without-matches-HA aspx Update data from one table to another http office microsoft com en-us access-help update-data-by-using-a-query-HA aspx Here is my code UPDATE tblFILES-Feb LEFT JOIN tblFILES ON tblFILES-Feb PATTMNO tblFILES PATTMNO SET tblFILES PATTMNO tblFILES-Feb PATTMNO WHERE tblFILES PATTMNO Is Null When I run the update query I receive the error below Mircrosoft Office Access didn t update field s due to type conversion failure record s due to key violations record s due to key violations record s due to lock violations and record s due to validation rule violations Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I started out with the two previous posts about macros (post 1, post 2) that move rows into columns, but I'm having a little trouble getting it to work for what I need. First, I'm trying to do a data merge into Word, but in order to get the data merge to work/look the way I want it to, I need the XLS data to be in columns.

I'm attaching an example file that has one worksheet of the sample data (though my "real" data has about 300 rows) and the other worksheet is an example of the outcome I need.

Is there anyway I can do what I need? Exporting into another file or another worksheet within this file would be fine.

Thanks in advance.

A:XLS Macro to move data to columns, delete empty rows, delete duplicate columns

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xls-macro-to-move-data-to-columns-delete-empty-rows-delete-duplicate-columns.1014294/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I need to extract data from multiple excel files into a new excel file and sum the values. The data comes from excel files that are made from a template so the data is always in the same place or same cells. For example, i have data saved daily in excel files with the following naming convention 080204, 080304, 080404,..... and so on. What i would like to do is have a macro that will create a week ending sheet by importing and summing the data from that week.

Thanks for reading!

A:excel macro for copying and pasting data from multiple excel files

thanks for all those who read!!!! let me know if anyone needs the code!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-for-copying-and-pasting-data-from-multiple-excel-files.267990/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys I have been on the lookout for a macro that will compare worksheets within MS Excel and output the differences on a third sheet I am being directed to the URL below but cannot for the life of me work out how Excel in to Macro this How (compare MS worksheets) use excel Solved: to implement this http exceltip com st Compare two worksheets using VBA in Microsoft Excel html There are two snippets of code which I will include here for convenience but not sure whether these should be pasted into Workbook Code i e right-clicking Excel icon left of quot Solved: How to use this Macro in MS Excel (compare excel worksheets) File quot - top-left Worksheet Code i e right-clicking worksheet tab or inserting a new Module - Solved: How to use this Macro in MS Excel (compare excel worksheets) or some other method Is there anyone here that could guide me to how to implement this code Quote from webpage - quot With the macro below it is possible to compare the content of two worksheets The result is displayed in a new workbook listing all cell differences quot Code Sub CompareWorksheets ws As Worksheet ws As Worksheet Dim r As Long c As Integer Dim lr As Long lr As Long lc As Integer lc As Solved: How to use this Macro in MS Excel (compare excel worksheets) Integer Dim maxR As Long maxC As Integer cf As String cf As String Dim rptWB As Workbook DiffCount As Long Application ScreenUpdating False Application StatusBar quot Creating the report quot Set rptWB Workbooks Add Application DisplayAlerts False While Worksheets Count gt Worksheets Delete Wend Application DisplayAlerts True With ws UsedRange lr Rows Count lc Columns Count End With With ws UsedRange lr Rows Count lc Columns Count End With maxR lr maxC lc If maxR lt lr Then maxR lr If maxC lt lc Then maxC lc DiffCount For c To maxC Application StatusBar quot Comparing cells quot amp Format c maxC quot quot amp quot quot For r To maxR cf quot quot cf quot quot On Error Resume Next cf ws Cells r c FormulaLocal cf ws Cells r c FormulaLocal On Error GoTo If cf lt gt cf Then DiffCount DiffCount Cells r c Formula quot ' quot amp cf amp quot lt gt quot amp cf End If Next r Next c Application StatusBar quot Formatting the report quot With Range Cells Cells maxR maxC Interior ColorIndex With Borders xlEdgeTop LineStyle xlContinuous Weight xlHairline End With With Borders xlEdgeRight LineStyle xlContinuous Weight xlHairline End With With Borders xlEdgeLeft LineStyle xlContinuous Weight xlHairline End With With Borders xlEdgeBottom LineStyle xlContinuous Weight xlHairline End With On Error Resume Next With Borders xlInsideHorizontal LineStyle xlContinuous Weight xlHairline End With With Borders xlInsideVertical LineStyle xlContinuous Weight xlHairline End With On Error GoTo End With Columns quot A IV quot ColumnWidth rptWB Saved True If DiffCount Then rptWB Close False End If Set rptWB Nothing Application StatusBar False Application ScreenUpdating True MsgBox DiffCount amp quot cells contain different formulas quot vbInformation quot Compare quot amp ws Name amp quot with quot amp ws Name End Sub Quote from Webpage - quot This example macro shows how to use the macro above quot Code Sub TestCompareWorksheets ' compare two different worksheets in the active workbook CompareWorksheets Worksheets quot Sheet quot Worksheets quot Sheet quot ' compare two different worksheets in two different workbooks CompareWorksheets ActiveWorkbook Worksheets quot Sheet quot Workbooks quot WorkBookName xls quot Worksheets quot Sheet quot End Sub Thanks in advance DarkKman nbsp

A:Solved: How to use this Macro in MS Excel (compare excel worksheets)

Apologies... I have sorted this... For those that might be looking at this for help here's what I missed:

These are both Sub's that should be created as a Module - both in the same module. I am just comparing worksheets within the Active Worksheet so just removed:

' compare two different worksheets in two different workbooks
CompareWorksheets ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1"), _
Workbooks("WorkBookName.xls").Worksheets("Sheet2")

I was then able to run this from Macro's. All sorted.

Apologies again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-use-this-macro-in-ms-excel-compare-excel-worksheets.821409/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys I have a problem I am hoping some one can help with I am using Excel and this is my dilemma I have a cell 3 range 1 Column into true" other "if columns Compare a Concatenate large spreadsheet of info rows In column A I have a range of customer ID s many are duplicated see example each time a ID is duplicated it means that there are cells in other columns with related information A B C D D Smith Compare a Column range "if true" Concatenate 3 other columns into 1 cell note C Green note D Smith note C White note C White note D Smith Note C White note What I am trying to do is compare each cell in column A with the next cell Compare a Column range "if true" Concatenate 3 other columns into 1 cell in column A If the customer ID is the same then concatenate the multiple cells from columns B C D into Column E A B C D E D Smith note D Smith note Note note C Green note D Smith note So as in my example if there are occurances of the exact same Customer ID then it would concatenate the Information in the corrresponding Columns B C D and Rows into one new cell in the same row as the first instance of the Customer ID Column E and Row What I have so far is this IF A A CONCATENATE B C D B C D but it only compares two cells then concatenates those two rows so I end up with a lot of duplicated data in column E I hope that is clear nbsp

A:Compare a Column range "if true" Concatenate 3 other columns into 1 cell

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compare-a-column-range-if-true-concatenate-3-other-columns-into-1-cell.703131/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have data that repeats hundreds of times. I am trying to put each string of data on 1 line.

f-name(A2) initial(B2) l-name(C2) ID#(D2) DOB(E2) Street(F2) company(G2)
City(F3) company#(G3)
State,Zip(F4)
Home Phone(F5)
Work Phone(F6)
Email(F7)

After the data is moved to one line I would like to delete the lines that previously housed the information. The company# can be deleted. I have never worked with macros. I would appreciate any help given.

A:Solved: move data from rows and columns to other rows and columns

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-move-data-from-rows-and-columns-to-other-rows-and-columns.932353/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

Can anybody advice me how do I compare the data of sheets? I have sheet1 with around 650 records and sheet2 with 950 records. There are few names available in both sheets. I need to find out which are those names that appear in both sheets. Again, sheet2 has "Mr." or "Ms." with all names. I am attaching herewith sample data for the reference. There is again possibility of small spell difference in names. But I need to pull out these names also, it can be to another workbook or same one.
Attachment is given below; please scroll down

Relevancy 61.06%

Hey guys,

I am working with an excell sheet of part numbers. I work for a large online toy retailer and I basically had someone make a list of items and now we need to put them away in their designated locations. The problem is that its a long list and I would like to compare a column of part numbers of the items received to a larger list which contains the locations. I need some solid pointers or links to show me how to do it.

Thanks.

A:Compare two colums of data

can we see some dummy data to see exactly what you want to compare

sounds like a vlookup or a index match - to take the values on the received list and compare and find the same value in the full list and return the location

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compare-two-colums-of-data.1060293/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I need help with figuring out an easy way of comparing data on a large hard drive that is connected to the network with smaller harddrives.

There are a lot of files which are duplicated where they don't need to be so I have the task of deleting these files.

Does anyone know if there are any simple ways of searching for a non-techi person?

I am working on a mac.

Many thanks,
Lucia

A:How to compare data on harddrives

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=compare+drive+contents+mac

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-compare-data-on-harddrives.1161067/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,

I am trying to pull out the largest number out from column 3. How do I do this? Obviously in th ereal world I have a much larger database that I would be using. I am bale to compare and pull data using only two rows at a time but I would like it from all the rows in column 3. Any help would be great. Thanx

98, 49, 29, 19, 96, 89, 99, 84, 55, 6

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi folks I need help once again with Excel I ll set out the scenario first of all and then explain what I want to do I have one spreadsheet that I receive everyday with a list of policy numbers and other information etc at work I have another spreadsheet Excel Compare Help that I maintain myself that contains info I Excel Compare Help have copied and pasted from the first spreadsheet that I work on Each day if the system updates I put through work Cases should clear from the first spreadsheet What I would like to do is compare the two sheets We could go by policy number Ideally what I would like to happen is to compare both sheets automatically and any policy numbers on sheet two that do not appear on sheet one would be highlighted so I could remove these Any idea how to do this Are there any packages out there I could use to do this Thanks for your help Peaker nbsp

A:Excel Compare Help

Hi,

You can do a vlookup from sheet1 to sheet2.

If your policy data is in col A row 1 to 777 in sheet 2, the formula would be:

=if(isna(vlookup(a1,sheet2!a1:a777,1,false)),"no policy",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a1:c777,1,false))

The result of not finding the policy number will return "no policy" as text. If the policy number is present, the policy number will be returned.

Regards - Nic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-compare-help.752551/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I have the following challenge: I need to compare two excel files and check if certain identification numbers of participants in the one file are also present in the second file. The first file contains the identification numbers of the people who were invited to complete a questionnaire (SampleMapLookUp) and the second file contains the data of the questionnaires that were sent back (SampleFileBase). Is there a way to automate this process? In annex two sample files: SampleMapLookUp is the file with the numbers (name of the column is "ID_IND") that I want to check in the second file: SampleMapBase (name of the column here is "his_1").
I don't know if it was necessary but for testing sake I marked the numbers that should be found in yellow in the SampleMapBase. The resulting file should ideally have the lay-out and content of SampleMapLookUp.

Thanks for any advice,

Eddy

Relevancy 60.63%

I would like to open multiple files that have the data in a tab delimited format and have the data copied and pasted in Excel. I would like to open a file have the data copied to a worksheet, the worksheet renamed the same as the file that was just opened and then the process repeated. I think I can handle setting up the part to manipulate the data. I having problems opening multiple files and having the worksheets renamed to match the filenames the data came from. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello
Am really poor at using excel formula's but I need an excel formula to help me compare
2 different columns(Names on one column are incomplete) and then arrange the rows in the order in with the best match from the comparision.

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a supplier price list emailed to me weekly as an excel document It contains a lot of items I don t use so compare update changes and Excel I Excel compare and update changes ve altered the original document to contain only the rows I require What I would like to do is when I receive a new spreadsheet weekly to compare the data to my original sheet by product code and if the price has changed update it on my original sheet If it hasn t changed make no alteration I also want to ignore product codes listed on the new price list that do not appear on my original sorry this sounds muddled I don t know how else to explain it The data is in columns of A - Product Code combination of letters and numbers B - Product Name C - Price So compare the new sheet to the old sheet If a product code from the old sheet is listed on the new sheet and the price is different change the price on the old sheet If a product code on the new sheet does not appear on the old sheet ignore it Hope someone can help wasn t sure how to word my query to look on the MS site Cheers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-compare-and-update-changes.328232/
Relevancy 60.2%

So here I am again trying to do something with Excel for which I have zero qualification or knowledge. HELP!

I am copying an earlier entry on this subject as it is exactly what I need to do. There are solutions posted, but I am unable to make them work for me.

I have an excel sheet which has two columns A and B. Both the columns contain names and column B has more names than column A. I am looking for an excel formula that can compare names in A and B and list out names in column C that are in column B and missing in column A.

Thanks for looking!

~JJJ~

Relevancy 60.2%

I have two Excel worksheets containing data. I want to know if there is a way of comparing the two to find which rows from worksheet 1 exist in worksheet 2.

Cheers in advance for any help.

Paul

A:Excel - Compare worksheets

This may be useful to you - it compares each cell between two work sheets- worked brilliantly when I used it for a weekly European Sales meeting
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/336809-solved-flagging-if-cell-s.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-compare-worksheets.915620/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,
I have 2 worksheets A and B. A contains a standard list in column F. The number of rows in column F is variable.

I need to compare this standard list against a list in column C in worksheet B using VBA. If items from standard list appears in worksheet B, I need to colour the cell red. However, the list in column B does not always start from the same and end at the same rows. I determine the start row from its title, which is 'ID'.

I have difficulty in setting the range and comparing the list.

Appreciate any help with this.

Thank you.

A:MS Excel - Compare 2 Lists

if you face problems in excel worksheet i given suggestion you are try this link. i surely to solve your problems

http://www.virtualizationteam.com/microsoft/hyper-v/important-information-about-hyper-v.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-excel-compare-2-lists.776203/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello, i find myself in great need for an excell formula or macro that is able to do the followings for the spreadsheet that i have...

this is what i got (it's a bit more random in reality)
jun | 3333 (uniqueID) | SOME NAME | 10 (value 1) | 3 (value 2)
may | 3333 (uniqueID) | SOME NAME | 14 (value 3) | 6 (value 4)
jan | 4444 (uniqueID) | OTHER NAME | value 5 | value 6
may | 4444 (uniqueID) | OTHER NAME | value 7 | value 8

what i need:
search and identify uniqueID then sum in the following manner, so i want to merge the 2 rows that have the same ID and sum there values.

jun+may | 3333 (uniqueID) | SOME NAME | 24 | 9
Thank You Very Much!

Relevancy 59.77%

I have about 100 (maybe more) excel files that are "invoices". Each file has the exact same row and column headings, but different data.

I would like to put certain cells from each of these files into one excel file. I started by using the external reference command to get the data from the first file, and it worked fine.

I made a list of the filenamens in a column, and attempted to copy the "command" to use the filename in the first column for each row, therefore pulling identical cells from all the files. When I change the command, Excel then wants to format it as text.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Ken

Relevancy 59.77%

i dont know how to fix the excel files (the damage probably caused by W32/Nyxem-D)

A:DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5] shows up on Excel Files

No good news to report. Your Excel files (plus a few other file types) have probably been corrupted by having the first 1 KB of of original data replaced by the "DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]" text string and then having file length data modified to show only the 1KB length. Here is an old TSG thread

http://forums.techguy.org/security/437987-blackworm-virus.html?highlight=47+0F+94+93+F4+K5

I have not found any on-line mentions of anyone finding an easy way to recover and rebuild the remaining data. Some companies claim to offer recovery services for a fee but none seem to claim 100% success.

EDIT: Someone in TSG's Security forum may be able to help you with removing the virus(es) that caused the problem and prevent future corruption.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-error-47-0f-94-93-f4-k5-shows-up-on-excel-files.557980/
Relevancy 59.77%

Date Volume Answer
Jan-1 56
Jan-2 79 1.41 (79/56)
Jan-3 35 .44 (35/79)

I have a table with date and volume. I am trying to compare one days volume with the previous days volume. What would be the formula for that in Access?

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I have two worksheets Sheet and Sheet having columns A B C each within one excel sheet Coulmn A consist of IDs and other two columns show the informaton of Stages and Processes for respective IDs like mentioned below Column A Column B Column C ID Stages Processes - Sheet has records having IDs to out of which value is populated in Columns B and C for only IDs - Sheet consist of any IDs within - all these IDs are available in Sheet having updated values populated in column B and C for all these IDs I am looking for a macro which will first check the availability of ID from sheet in sheet and if the ID is available in sheet then it will update the values of Column B amp Column C in sheet with the values of column B amp Column C available in Sheet for that respective ID Please help me in creating a macro for the same Regards Akshay nbsp

A:Macro to compare and move data from one worksheet to another

Hi,

Can you provide a copy of your workbook. You can remove sensitive info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-to-compare-and-move-data-from-one-worksheet-to-another.1065293/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there, my question is not too simple.. How can I compare 2 cells with similar text, I mean I have this:

Cell A1: John Smith Cell B1: John S.
A2: Smith John B2: Clinton Bay.

I have 400 rows, of these similar names, so basically I want to find all those cases where the names matches with similar significance.

Please Help ..!!!

Thanks... Godzi

Relevancy 59.34%

OK. I know this may have been covered in another post but here is what I've got. I generated two reports from my system that have results for year 2010 and YTD 2011. The columns are all the same. I want to combine the two worksheets to show comparison between the two years. The two criteria to break down the results are Name and Product. There will be many of these that are common between the two worksheets so I just want to combine those and show the 2010 to 2011 comparison. And I want any unique Name/Products listed also where there might only be that Name/Product in either only 2010 or 2011. I have attached a sample. Thanks in advance for any help!

A:Compare Excel worksheets 2010

This is pretty easy. All you need to do is copy the data from 1 sheet to another and make a pivot table on the data. You can probably use the wizard to figure out how to set up the table up to display what you are after... but if you need help, do a simple google search to understand pivot tables better.... If you are still stuck, please reach out to me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compare-excel-worksheets-2010.1029933/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi everyone I ve been having an Excel problems and i ve tried experimenting on my own and searching the forums here but I didn t find anything that appeared relevant so I m posting now I apologise if this has come up before Using Excel I have two sheets A amp B in a work book that contain lots of data all in different places I need to be able to compare any two cells on these two sheets and enter if they match on another sheet c The cells being compared will not be the same on both sheets e g I need to compare P and B To add complication the values on sheet B are all derived via formulas from a fourth sheet D I can t get If statements to work conditional formats won t work across two sheets and the instructions for Vlookup and its relations just confuse me Does anyone know how to compare two individual cells on different sheets and enter the results of the comparison match error or True False it doesn t really matter as long as we can see what the result is Many thanks to everyone for all your time Best Regards Notty nbsp

A:how to compare two cells on two different sheets in Excel

hi Bellanotte,

everything you say does work across sheets.

the reference to another sheet is to precede your cell reference with the sheet name and an !

e.g. from sheet1, to reference cell a3 on sheet2 you would code sheet2!a3

so there is no prob on say sheet3 having a formula in a cell such as:

=if(sheet1!p2336=sheet2!b12,"Same","NotSame")

lol
Hew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-compare-two-cells-on-two-different-sheets-in-excel.372143/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi guys i m new to this forum Bomb posted a great formula to a question regarding creating a formula to compare two rows http forums techguy org business-applications -excel-formula-compare-two-rows html and it s been really useful however every once in a while the formula simply doesn t work By all accounts i attempt to copy all the settings of a two to compare Excel Formula rows file where the formula works for me i e make sure the value format is consistent The formula just returns the name from cell quot B quot even though there Excel Formula to compare two rows is a match in column quot A quot To recap Bomb posted the following quot list out names in column C that are in column B and is missing in column A quot Use this in column C as far down as you have values in column B IF ISNA MATCH B A A B to return either the name from B or the value Then select all of column C press F click Special Select Formulas UNcheck Numbers click OK Hit CTRL C to copy the names select D then Edit gt Paste Special gt Values gt OK Delete column C to top amp tail HTH Your help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Excel Formula to compare two rows

"The formula just returns the name from cell "B" even though there is a match in column "A"."

Check "offending" column A values for trailing spaces.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-formula-to-compare-two-rows.987706/
Relevancy 59.34%

Is there a way to compare Excel 2002 worksheets and cross-reference them?

Relevancy 59.34%

I'm going to try to explain this the best I can.

I have three workbooks that are automatically generated. I use one of the workbooks as my main workbook due to the fact it contains the most info I need.

I am trying to create a macro that will open the other two workbooks, compare names to see if the name exists in all three workbooks, and if it does, then put a certain indication in my main workbook.

The problem I'm having is that in one workbook a name may contain a hyphen, or the name may contain a middle initial but in the other two it does not.

What would be the best way to perform this action, and how do I ignore the middle initial and/or hyphen?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

A:Excel 2007 Compare Between 3 Workbooks

I would grab the First and Last names and put them together for a compare.
first strip out any hyphen or replacing it with a space.

SourceName = replace(SourceName, "-", " ")

If InStr(OutCol, " ") > 1 Then
Fname_01 = Left(SourceName, InStr([SourceName], " ") - 1)
End If

If InStr(OutCol, " ") > 1 Then
Lname_01 = Right(SourceName, InStr(StrReverse(SourceName), " ") - 1)
End If

CompareName = Fname_01 & " "& Lname_01

Don't expect 100% here. Inconsistant data will result in the ole GabargeIn = GarbageOut.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2007-compare-between-3-workbooks.1097529/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all,

I have a excel sheet which has two columns A and B. Both the column contains names and column B has more names than in column A. I am looking for a excel formula that can compare names in A and B and list out names in column C that are in column B and is missing in column A

Help will me much appreciated.

Relevancy 59.34%

I need to compare 2 ranges to ensure they are referring to the same item.

Code:

dim cell1 as range
dim cell2 as range
set cell1 = sheet1.range("A1")
set cell2 = sheet1.range("A1")
msgbox cell1 is cell2

The above msgbox is supposed to return true, but it didn't.
Any other alternative?

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all I m having a bit of a problem I m trying to import multiple text files into excel that look like this sub type distance studytime totaltime mediantime targs clicks acc I can manage to import into files data with excel of different csv Importing amounts Solved: them by combining them into one via dos and then importing it and using the offset function to convert them from rows to columns but the problem is that the files Solved: Importing csv files into excel with different amounts of data have different amounts of info ie this one has seven lines but others have eight or less I tried a macro that was shown on here http forums techguy org business-applications -excel-macro-move-data-rows html but I can t get it to work and it s giving me a compile error Being honest I ve no experience with Solved: Importing csv files into excel with different amounts of data macros and therefore have no idea what to do I m a psychology student attempting to work computers and it s not working Any help you could give would be much appreciated Thanks a million nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello.

I have a very basic knowledge of Excel and I was wondering how I can act out this simulation:

I would like to have a single XLS document (which I assume would use Pivot) where I extract data from multiple XLS documents (some of which contain multiple multiple work sheets as well). The main purpose is so that I can have a drop-down box that lists every person's name, and the documents they can be found in.

For example, if I select the name "Jim" in the box, it would show the documents that his information is located in, such as "Registrations1.xls" and "Registration2.xls". The document names are posted on the same cell in every file, just as the data is listed in the same columns.

Thank you in advance!

A:Excel Help (extracting and ordering data from multiple files)

Any help is appreciated. If possible, could someone perhaps tell me how I could approach this situation? What should I read up on, and where can I find tutorials that can help me with this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-help-extracting-and-ordering-data-from-multiple-files.1069556/
Relevancy 59.34%

I need a utility to compare data between two hard drives.

I need the data identical on each drive...is there any program that can indicate in
some way some data that is on Drive A but not on Drive B ?

A:Solved: Two Hard Drives: Utility to Compare Data

anybody?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-two-hard-drives-utility-to-compare-data.636199/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I want to know how i can export the data from Access to excel using Access VBA for the specified sheet using data linkage with access database. Like we used to do it manually in excel as external data from access.

So that the excel size won't be that big and also it saves processing time.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I m trying to do some statistical work and i need to compare some values that i will explain in the next rows I have let s say macro How with compare excel Solved: 2 to tables in this numbers and a table with rows x columns each cell containing a byte value I need to know if any minimum of my six numbers match one row so basically there are compare operations to do So for this Solved: How to compare 2 tables in excel with macro example we have in left nr for compare midle - the results and on right the nr to compare with ---------------- Result ------ ----- --------- ----- ---------------------------- ---------------------------- The first result is for nr for nr for nr and for nr and the second result is for nr I hope you will understand my request Edit Here is a Borland Pascal code for what i need Hope it will be useful repeat for i to do read f a readln f repeat Assign g var txt reset g for i to do read g v readln g c for i to do for j to do if a v j then c c if c gt then if c then c c else if c then c c else if c then c c else if c then c c until eof g close g writeln out quot nr c nr c nr c nr - c c c c c until eof f nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I have 2 worksheets. the main worksheet that I want to have the conditional formatting on has a connection to an Access database. I want to take this worksheet and have it compare to another worksheet in the same workbook. I am comparing cell to cell. Example - D5 on each page. But I have many cells to compare. I would like to have the highlights happen on the connected worksheet, but I am not sure if that is possible. There are 13 columns and 880 rows to conditional format

I have created a 3rd worksheet that uses =ISNA(MATCH(Summary!E5,'Last Summary'!E5,0)) to get some true false results. but I still cannot seem to get it incorporate into the main connected worksheet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-compare-2-worksheets-highlight-differences.1169166/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hallo I d differences 2 lists compare Excel highlight - & like to set up a macro whereby I can enter two lists of chassis numbers and compare them so it will identify all of the numbers in list A that do not appear in list B and all of the numbers in list B that do not appear in list A So my lists may look like List A - List B A - A A - A A - A A - A B - B B - B B - B So I Excel - compare 2 lists & highlight differences need to highlight A in List A and B in List B List A - List B A - A A - A A - A A - A B - B B - B B - B Is there a simple way to do this I ve been messing around trying to find a way to do this quickly - I tried colouring each list in a different colour and then using the quot Unique Records quot filter but it didn t seem to work correctly Ta Gram nbsp

A:Excel - compare 2 lists & highlight differences

"Conditional Formatting"

This will do exactly what you want.

Hope that helps,

Drew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-compare-2-lists-highlight-differences.174998/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a spread sheets and Need Excel to Solved: compare search help Macro which it Solved: Excel Macro Need help to search and compare has some Solved: Excel Macro Need help to search and compare employee information Sample I need to compare those sheets Sheet data is taken from database and it has columns where column A has unique values no repeatation Employee ID and number of rows are Example there may be more than Sheet Data is taken from Application Solved: Excel Macro Need help to search and compare and it has columns where again it has Employee ID as Unique key but Number of rows are If I compare excel Row cell to cell then I am getting wrong results as in sheet it has extra values and they are coming somewhere in between I want a solution to compare these files Below is what i am thinking to do the macro Steps to do Open Sheet Temp Value Sheet Cell A Open Sheet Search Temp in Sheet Column A If Result is True Then temp Sheet Row Number Compare Sheet Row Value Sheet Row Temp If all data matches highlight green color If any data missmatches highlight in red color If result found False Then copy Temp to Sheet Any one can help me nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Help I ve seen several examples of Compare amp Calculate however I have a twist that has stumped me I have two separate files based on an quot as of data date quot that I want to compare and then calculate the delta between two numbers and leave the result in the current working file The twist is that the current years working file may not have all the rows that are - / 2007 Calculate Solved: Compare Excel in the previous years file Solved: Excel 2007 - Compare / Calculate and may also have new ones The rows represent accounts An account that is paid to zero during the current year will not be in the current years report A new account will appear in the the current years file but not the previous years file I need a result that shows the change in the account balance even if the current year doesn t have a row representing Solved: Excel 2007 - Compare / Calculate an account paid to zero So the result shows all of the accounts that appear in both reports as though both reports had been consolidated and then shows the change in value of the account balance either positive or negative as compared to the previous year I ve attached a file that uses worksheets named and Delta as an example Note accounts and paid to zero and do not appear in quot quot yet appear in quot Delta quot with a negative number representing the reduction in balance between quot quot and quot quot Thanks for any help you may be able to provide nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I receive data files in ASCI text. I want to open them in Excel or in Access but I do not want to spend 2 days counting spaces. Sometimes, I do not even have a clearly delineated file format to help me break it out.
Any tips?

A:Opening ASCI text data files in Excel or Access

None that I know of without you having to do all the leg work. What is the source of the text file? As in where is it coming from, what program does it originate in?

No way of having them save it into a format that Excel or Access can import?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opening-asci-text-data-files-in-excel-or-access.268412/
Relevancy 58.48%

A couple weeks ago I noticed that the files in my recent list in Word and Excel Windows Office had Word deleted data laptop and Excel "Recent" from files disappeared from my corporate laptop I noticed "Recent" Word and Excel data files deleted from laptop other random Excel and Word files disappearing as well I was able to restore some of the files from my corporate backup but the files I restored usually disappeared a day later A scan with McAfee revealed no issues My laptop was re-imaged by my company support team I copied the old files back to the Documents directory A day later I noticed that more than Excel and Word files and disappeared I downloaded Kaspersky Internet and ran a scan but found no threats A "Recent" Word and Excel data files deleted from laptop scan of my external backup drive also revealed no threats Another check today reveals more files gone since yesterday I receive no errors The files just disappear I am posting the DDS and attach logs as recommended by another poster DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by NS at on "Recent" Word and Excel data files deleted from laptop - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled Updated C FBF- BCB- -D D- EDFEC E AV McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled Updated DE B- DF - BEF-ED D- AD D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Antispyware Module Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention Firewall Enabled DA E - - D - - AD FE FW Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled FB ABE A- A - -FCD -C EA D E Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exeC Windows system Prot srv exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec DLO DLO DLOChangeLogSvcu exeC Program Files DRU Bin DRUService exeC Program Files McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention FireSvc exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise McSACore exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise vstskmgr exeC Windows system mfevtps exeC Program Files AT amp T Global Network Client netcfgsvr exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise mfeann exeC Windows system conhost exeC Program Files AT amp T Global Network Client NetClientSvc exeC Program Files Novatel Wireless Novacore Server NvtlSrvr exeC Windows system o flash exeC PROGRA PHAROS BLUEPR Bin CTskMstr exeC Windows system pstartSr exeC Windows system rcmdsvc exeC Windows system snmpdm exeC Program Files CompApps swstore ssservice exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework naPrdMgr exeC Program Files Sierra Wireless Inc Common SwiCardDetect exeC Program Files Novatel Wireless LTE Support VZWMSConfig exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC Windows system CCM CcmExec exeC Program Files Dell Feature Enhancement Pack DFEPService exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise saHookMain exeC Windows system conhost exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC Program Files AT amp T Global Network Client NetLogSvc exeC Program Files Dell Feature Enhancement Pack DFEPApplication exeC Program Files DellTPad Apoint exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Common Files Check Point UIFramework cptray exeC Program Files Pointsec Pointsec for PC P tray exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files PharosSystems Blueprint Bin PSClientTray exeC Program Files Microsoft Lync communicator exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Users ns AppData Local ... Read more

A:"Recent" Word and Excel data files deleted from laptop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/500906 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500906/recent-word-and-excel-data-files-deleted-from-laptop/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi There I would like to find out if any values in a list alphanumeric occur in a range of alphanumeric values I have ranges to compare the list to The values are in the form ABCD ie ABCD ABCD ABCD ABCD BCDE BCDE CDEF CDEF DEFG DEFG EFGH EFGH FGHI FGHI GHIJ GHIJ GHIJ GHIJ There are about similar values in the list I would like to identify which rows in the list correspond to values within any of the ranges of the array I thought an array would be best but don of a to how Excel to alphanumeric array compare values list an t know how to set up the functions I tried to use if statements and separate the alphanumerics into the two component parts alpha and numeric - testing each part against one of the ranges - this works ok for one range but not for the Excel how to compare a list of alphanumeric values to an array nine Is there a way to find out this using the array functions within excel Many Thanks in advance Random nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all Hoping you can help with this one My partners Dad has an issue with his PC Running Windows Service Pack x NTFS HP TouchSmart He will do some work on an Excel or Word file save it but then when he goes back to the file another day it has sometimes lost not only the most restoring dates/lose data to Word/Excel keep files previous recent data but Word/Excel files keep restoring to previous dates/lose data also previous months It s almost as if they are restoring themselves to a previous date The most recent example is an Excel file he saved days ago yet today it is showing as last being modified back in March I temporarily resolved his loss of data the other week by right clicking the file going into properties previous versions then restoring from the last save point so that all correct data is then displayed Unfortunately the issue has came back on a file so something must be up somewhere Any ideas or where to start He has McAfee antivirus and Malwarebytes will post a log from that in a second Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I know how I'm supposed to do it, SETTINGS==>DEFAULT APPS==>CHOOSE THE DEFAULT APP BY FILE TYPE, but Excel 2016 is not an option. Instead, it tries to send me to the App Store. I think I have tried everything except reinstalling Office.

A:How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files

Originally Posted by socklosk

I know how I'm supposed to do it, SETTINGS==>DEFAULT APPS==>CHOOSE THE DEFAULT APP BY FILE TYPE, but Excel 2016 is not an option. Instead, it tries to send me to the App Store. I think I have tried everything except reinstalling Office.

Use Control panel, default programs, associate a file type - you have more options to select version.

If your 2016 is the desktop version, you have to bury into menus by clicking more apps and scrolling until you find "look for another app on this pc", and then navigate to the 2016 excel executable.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/63196-how-make-excel-2016-default-app-open-xls-xlsx-data-files.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all Hoping you data keep restoring Word/Excel to files previous dates/lose can help with this one My partners Dad has an issue with his PC Running Windows Service Pack x NTFS HP TouchSmart He will do some work on an Excel or Word file save it but then when he goes back to the file another day it has sometimes lost not only the most recent data but also previous months It s almost as if they are restoring themselves to a previous date The most recent example is an Excel file he saved days ago yet today it is showing as last being modified back in March I temporarily resolved his loss of data the other week by right clicking the file going into properties previous versions then restoring from the last save point so that all correct data is then displayed Unfortunately the issue has came back on a file so something must be up somewhere Any ideas or where to start He has McAfee antivirus and Malwarebytes will post a log from that in a second Thanks nbsp

A:Word/Excel files keep restoring to previous dates/lose data

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org
Database version: v2013.12.14.04
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16476
keith :: CRAZYMACHINE [administrator]
28/12/2013 12:14:21
MBAM-log-2013-12-28 (12-26-05).txt
Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 254028
Time elapsed: 9 minute(s), 30 second(s)
Memory Processes Detected: 1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Amazon Browser Bar\ToolbarUpdaterService.exe (PUP.Optional.AmazonTB.A) -> 3232 -> No action taken.
Memory Modules Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Keys Detected: 52
HKCR\CLSID\{4FCB4630-2A1C-4AA1-B422-345E8DC8A6DE} (PUP.Optional.Delta) -> No action taken.
HKCR\escort.escortIEPane.1 (PUP.Optional.Delta) -> No action taken.
HKCR\escort.escortIEPane (PUP.Optional.Delta) -> No action taken.
HKCR\CLSID\{C1AF5FA5-852C-4C90-812E-A7F75E011D87} (PUP.Optional.Delta) -> No action taken.
HKCR\delta.deltaHlpr.1 (PUP.Optional.Delta) -> No action taken.
HKCR\delta.deltaHlpr (PUP.Optional.Delta) -> No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{C1AF5FA5-852C-4C90-812E-A7F75E011D87} (PUP.Optional.Delta) -> No action taken.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{C1AF5FA5-852C-4C90-812E-A7F75E011D87} (PUP.Optional.Delta) -> No action taken.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{C1AF5FA5-852C-4C90-812E-A7F75E011D87} (PUP.Optional.Delta) -> No action taken.
HKCR\AppID\{C26644C4-2A12-4CA6-8F2E-0EDE6CF018F3} (PUP.Optional.Delta.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\AppID\{D616A4A2-7B38-4DBC-9093-6FE7A4A21B17} (PUP.Optional.Wajam.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\CLSID\{261DD098-8A3E-43D4-87AA-63324FA897D8} (PUP.Optional.Delta) -> No action taken.
HKCR\TypeLib\{39CB8175-E224-4446-8746-00566302DF8D} (PUP.Optional.Delta) -> No action taken.
HKCR\esrv.deltaESrvc.1 (PUP.Optional.Delta) -> No action taken.
HKCR\esrv.deltaESrvc (PUP.Optional.Delta) -> No action taken.
HKCR\CLSID\{82E1477C-B154-48D3-9891-33D83C26BCD3} (PUP.Optional.Delta.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\delta.deltadskBnd.1 (PUP.Optional.Delta.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\delta.deltadskBnd (PUP.Optional.Delta.A) -> No action taken.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{82E1477C-B154-48D3-9891-33D83C26BCD3} (PUP.Optional.Delta.A) -> No action taken.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{82E1477C-B154-48D3-9891-33D83C26BCD3} (PUP.Optional.Delta.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\CLSID\{EA582743-9076-4178-9AA6-7393FDF4D5CE} (PUP.Optional.AmazonTB.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\CLSID\{008f6853-9cb4-41c5-a950-39d55e5e06ba} (PUP.Optional.AmazonTB.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\TypeLib\{33D0AD98-3347-4A54-8929-5163EBEB9F72} (PUP.Optional.AmazonTB.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\Interface\{0923E315-2D8B-48CE-A37C-AE9A42F9711C} (PUP.Optional.AmazonTB.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\AlxTB2.TBLayoutBHO.1 (PUP.Optional.AmazonTB.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\AlxTB2.TBLayoutBHO (PUP.Optional.AmazonTB.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\CLSID\{F443A627-5009-4323-9C1D-7FD598D0D712} (PUP.Optional.AmazonTB.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\AlxTB2.AlxHelper.1 (PUP.Optional.AmazonTB.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\AlxTB2.AlxHelper (PUP.Optional.AmazonTB.A) -> No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{F443A627-5009-4323-9C1D-7FD598D0D712} (PUP.Optional.AmazonTB.A) -> No action taken.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{F443A627-5009-4323-9C1D-7FD598D0D712} (PUP.Optional.AmazonTB.A) -> No action taken.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{F443A627-5009-4323-9C1D-7FD598D0D712} (PUP.Optional.AmazonTB.A) -> No action taken.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{EA582743-9076-4178-9... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/word-excel-files-keep-restoring-to-previous-dates-lose-data.198923/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,i found this question and seems near to my problem, but I totally dont know how to revise the code."Excel: Moving Column Data Into New Rows??"I have this data:UniqueID Company 1FullName 1Designation 1CountryCode 1Phone 1Email 2FullName 2Designation 2CountryCode 2Phone 2EmailR123456 Company1 Chris Reeves +65 90221111 [email protected] R234567 Company2 Sam Lim Sole Proprietor +65 9851234 [email protected] Samboy Lim Account +65 94890987 [email protected] Company3 Jose Accounts Department +65 67672345 [email protected] and I need the above data to be like this:UniqueID Company 1FullName 1Designation 1CountryCode 1Phone 1EmailR123456 Company1 Chris Reeves 65 90221111 [email protected] Company2 Sam Lim Sole Proprietor 65 9851234 [email protected] Company2 Samboy Lim Account 65 94890987 [email protected] Company3 Jose Accounts Department 65 67672345 [email protected] help.Thanksedited by moderator: Mask email addresses

A:Moving columns data into new row

I have edited your post to mask anything that looks like an valid email address. We do not want this forum to become a place where email addresses can be harvested. Once the bad guys start hanging around it's really hard to get rid of them.I can not determine the layout of your input or output data.Please click on the following line and read the instructions on how to post example data in this forum.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/moving-columns-data-into-new-row/20216.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Alright so I have 2 workbooks lets say "workbooka" and "workbookb" they both contain the same column header "asset #". Workbooka has a list with no duplicates and is listed as column D. While Workbookb has a couple duplicates and is in column F. I wanted to be able to pull the information from workbookb into workbooka for only the "asset #" that match. Because of the duplicates however I have been running into a problem. Looking for input that does not involve a macros or add-in.

Thank you
AJ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/match-columns-and-data.1169717/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have some data on Excel. Address numbers are in one column and the street names are in another column. Is there a way I can copy all the information in one column (address numbers) and merge it into another column (street names)?
Rob

A:Excel Columns

if the address numbers are in a1 and the street name is in b1, paste =A1& " " &B1 in c1. This will place the number and address in c1.

Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-columns.93109/