Windows Support Forum

Problems installing windows on HP 530 Notebook PC

Q: Problems installing windows on HP 530 Notebook PC

Hi!

So I'm having problems installing Windows XP on my HP laptop.

Thew windows setups says that it can't find a hdd?! -same **** that the bios says

The only little thingy with it is that the laptop can boot from the hdd with vista...so why
can't it find the hdd?!

I have tried with an other hdd and there is still the same problem :/

So what to do?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Problems installing windows on HP 530 Notebook PC

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Problems installing windows on HP 530 Notebook PC

Try resetting the bios to its default settings, or even try a bios update, using a USB stick

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-installing-windows-on-hp-530-notebook-pc.145287/
Relevancy 56.33%

I?m planning on loading Windows 7 on my new Business Notebook are there any settings I need to change? What do I need to know?

Thanks 
Bill

A:Installing Windows 7 on a New Notebook

Hey Bill, Windows 7 can be installed on some of the newer business PCs. There are some requirements and settings you should be aware of.First, you cannot install Windows 7 on a computer with a 7th generation processor.You'll need to either change the TPM version on the PC or install a hotfix from Microsoft.You must use legacy mode (non-UEFI) in the BIOS.You need your own copy of Windows 7 and a license for Windows 10 Professional.You can find steps and more information at http://www.hp.com/support/Windows7and10TPMFAQ Thanks,Wes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Installing-Windows-7-on-a-New-Notebook/td-p/5822364
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an Acer Aspire Notebook which came with Vista Home Premium I just ran the Windows Home Premium upgrade custom Installation I was able to run the install check for and download updates and activate The last thing I did was to change the quot update windows quot option to notify me when downloads are dead installing after Windows 7 Notebook available but let me choose when to download and install After doing all of Notebook dead after installing Windows 7 this I restarted the system and Notebook dead after installing Windows 7 windows wouldn't start I followed the recomendation to run Startup repair which when finished reported that the volume was corrupt not sure of the exact wording I tried to restart and was prompted to run the Startup repair again which I did The window opened and showed that it was checking for problems the next time I looked at the screen it was blank not blue screen with ony the mouse pointer visible I could move the pointer but there was no other activity I tried to turn off and restart the computer using the power button but could not get anything happening Any ideas on how I can get this machine up and running again

A:Notebook dead after installing Windows 7

If you can't turn it off, pull the battery and the power cord.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/50023-notebook-dead-after-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there, I just bought a computer the other day, a hp pavilion g6-2348sg. It had no windows installed (freeDOS), so I bought a windows 7 home premium dvd. I installed it, but I can't connect to the internet because there seems to be no drivers for ethernet, and as a matter of fact, there are several other missing drivers as well. When I tried to install the drivers, which I downloaded in another computer and loaded in a usb pendrive, an error came up saying that "the system does not meet the minimum requirements... (9996)". I am wondering if the computer itself is not capable of running Windows 7, but only Windows 8. Can someone confirm this or have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 55.47%

when I turn on  my notebook it says the computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error windows installation cannot proceed to install windows click ok to restart the computer and then restart the installation. when I click ok
it restarts and the then repeats its self again what do I do?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/632c67e3-75af-4342-bca1-2557e9f4569d/installing-windows-on-notebook-error?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a windows 7 Samsung recovery media disk and a Samsung notebook model-NP-N110 with windows xp home edition. Obviously my notebook does not have a disk drive and I want to install windows 7 on it using the disk. I am ok with computers but not very technical so if you could explain things and describe what I have to do it would be good

A:Need help installing windows 7 on a Samsung notebook

The simplest, most direct way would be to use an external USB DVD drive. You will need to access the Boot Options in the BIOS to set the computer's boot order to USB as the first choice. Once you do that you can boot from the recovery disk and proceed with the restore.

Have you tried to do a restore from the hdd using what Samsung refers to as "Recovery Solution 4"? From the Samsung website here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/Su...224&fm_seq=392 (scroll down to the sections describing how to do a restore) It seems that you should press F4 when you first see the Samsung logo to access "Recovery Solution 4".

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/244409-need-help-installing-windows-7-samsung-notebook.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Alright I have a Compaq N c which i had got from a car booty for like i was told it needed a full windows install It had a bootup password cleared it with CMOS battery etc Now i tried to use a Usb Crom drive but i found out from the boot options you cant use a usb boot I brought a IDE converter to put it on a computers nd cable port and use as a secondary harddrive and do it that way however everytime i try that it crashes the computer So i tried installing windows on another laptop then sticking in the notebook Fail again it just gives me the error No Diskdrive error etc I tried Half installing so when it does the power off after putting the install files on i took .... a on Read Compaq Windows installing on Help Xp Notebook it out and put in the notebook i get a blank screen completely Does anyone have any Idea on how to fix this issue It s really annoying me using my sisters laptop all the time Thanks Adzy nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

In purchased a HP ENVY Notebook - m -n dx Touch ENERGY STAR with Windoes preinstalled as a desktop ENVY m7-n109d... Help on Notebook Windows - 8.1 a installing HP replacement nbsp I know I am dating myself however Help installing Windows 8.1 on a HP ENVY Notebook - m7-n109d... my experiance with computers dates back to the days of DOS followed by Windows and all the subsequent versions nbsp I have given Help installing Windows 8.1 on a HP ENVY Notebook - m7-n109d... Windows a try but nbsp frankly at years old I don't want to go through the pain of learning another operating system and all the settings that don't resemble anything I have used in the past nbsp I am not interested in tablets in notebooks or Microsoft Xbox or a cross platform operating system so I am looking to downgrade to Windows nbsp My previous HP Envy had Windows installed and I used Start is Back to recover the start menu and make the laptop resemble Windows which worked out well I went to the HP website and located drivers for Windows but strangly no drivers for Windows or nbsp I am hoping someone can direct me to a link to walk me through the process on doing a clean install of Windoes on this laptop nbsp nbsp I searched the Internet however was not able to find nbsp any guidance nbsp I did find an nbsp acticle that spoke to the requirement to change the settings in the bios and another article that spoke to creating a custom USB installation file with some drivers sideloaded for a different model but I didn't completely understand the process nbsp Is there any help nbsp out there for nbsp an old guy that wants to make a very nice laptop usable nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Help-installing-Windows-8-1-on-a-HP-ENVY-Notebook-m7-n109dx/td-p/5631770
Relevancy 55.04%

When I installed my HP Officejet 8600 pro printer into another computer with an earlier operating system, I used a cable and a disk.  (That was three household moves and 2-1/2 years ago.)  I have another computer with no cable port.  The disk has disappeared.  None of the information from HP has been helpful---I have tried all the automatic stuff, and nothing has worked.  The last thing was that I need to replace my ink cartridges before I went any further.  I just spent almost $100 on new ink, and it still won't go any further---it just doesn't tell me I need new ink!  I have tried everything online to solve this problem with no luck at all.  What can I do?  I need a printer, and I hate to throw this one out and buy another because it has only been used for about six months! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Installing-printer-in-network-with-Windows-10-notebook/td-p/5703702
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello everyone, I'm trying to install Win7 in my notebook, and after trying lots of AHCI drivers, the installation media still doesn't recognize the drive.. Any help about this issue would be greatly appreciated.

A:Installing windows 7 in a new x360 spectre 13-4001 Notebook

Any thoughs on this issue please?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Installing-windows-7-in-a-new-x360-spectre-13-4001-Notebook/td-p/5000199
Relevancy 54.61%

HP pavilion dv notebook Product Number FH UA ABC Intel Core Duo CPUT Upon catching a bug virus I took no chance and formatted everything instead of the system recovery solution F since there was a virus there anyway so I did not want to take any chance Since I did not make any CD DVD from from the previous Windows Vista system that came with the Notebook I went buying a brand new Windows XP Pro DVD But now the Install of XP dv6700 pavilion hp my notebook installing Issues on Windows Windows XP Pro keeps failing with error quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives Issues installing Windows XP on my hp pavilion dv6700 notebook installed in your computer quot when chosing the option quot To set up Windows XP now press ENTER quot I have no other option to chose other from To repair Windows XP Installation using recovery console Press R quot and to quit setup Press F But no options to boot the install Issues installing Windows XP on my hp pavilion dv6700 notebook from a nd rd partition Obviously the Hard drive is on a nd rd partition of the hard drive and Windows XP Install can t access it So I loaded a Boot CD ran fdisk from Bart s CDROM Boot Diskbut it fails with error quot AUTOEXEC Booted drive ia sL Setting up Ram disk at drive q Autoexec Aborted quot and it would not launch fdisk I guess it has to do with the fact that the system booting drive is on a nd rd partition I usually have no problem using fdisk or partition magic to merge all partition in one get the partition activated and boot the install from there but on my notebook I seem to not be able to do so Thanks for helping nbsp

A:Issues installing Windows XP on my hp pavilion dv6700 notebook

That's because XP does not have the SATA drivers for the Hard Drive .. so it doesn't see it.
If you know the Driver .. it can be slipsteamed into the XP install CD.
Even if you can do this, you'll probably have trouble finding the other drivers that are missing.

Have you though about getting the recovery DVDs from HP ??
You should have recovered from the recovery partition .. it was safe.

http://paparadit.blogspot.com/2007/06/installing-sata-hard-drive-with-windows.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-installing-windows-xp-on-my-hp-pavilion-dv6700-notebook.928795/
Relevancy 53.75%

My brother sold me his HP Pavilion g - d us Notebook g6-1d73us - Product 7/Worn Key Windows Pavilion installing HP Notebook for cheap because it had a bad hard drive also did not come with Windows CD I am going to purchase a replacement hard drive and get the laptop up and running The notebook originally had Windows Home Premium bit on it I currently have a copy of Windows Professional bit full retail which is used on my desktop and a OEM Windows Home Premium bit used on my other desktop Will either of these CDs work for my g once I purchase a new hard drive I know I have to use the laptop product key I didnt know if my product key HP Pavilion g6-1d73us Notebook - installing Windows 7/Worn Product Key on the bottom of the laptop would work with the Professional version even though the laptop came with Home Premium Last question About of the numbers letters is worn off from the bottom of the sticker on the laptop My brother didnt write it down or anything for a backup What can I do about that Thanks

A:HP Pavilion g6-1d73us Notebook - installing Windows 7/Worn Product Key

Sorry, keys are version specific -- the Professional key will not work with a Home Premium version.

There's not really a lot you can do with the drive being bad on the laptop. IF it were working, there are apps you can run to display the current product key, which can then be saved to a file. But, with a nonworking drive, unless the product key is printed somewhere else (inside the battery compartment, for example), those apps are of no use.

You might be able to get restore media from HP (for a LOT less than buying it retail), but you would need to check with them to see if it would automatically activate. Tell them the hard drive has crashed and you want to restore the machine to working order -- they might give you a deal on restore media.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/341020-hp-pavilion-g6-1d73us-notebook-installing-windows-7-worn-product-key.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Got a notebook with windows 8 installed. And a windows 7 iso and key. I want to move windows 8 to another hdd and add windows 7. The hdd is for testing. It is not important if it may not work.

Can you do this?
Make a system image of windows 8.
Intall windows 8 on another hdd's 1. partition.
Install windows 7 on hdd's 2. partition.

Recommented instructions and tutorial videos?
Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/76081-installing-both-windows-8-windows-7-notebook.html
Relevancy 49.88%

New here and so I hope that I am posting in the correct place My new notebook an M -MX was in the warranty depot as we thought it had a dvd burning problem however that was not the case it was the media Anyway before it was sent into the toshiba warranty depot the level tech phone support said to get the computer to be like it was when I unboxed it days earlier new and old with now notebook ghost problems?? notebook Ghosted this was last month And so to my frustration all of my programs were removed however before doing this the software techie at the office Ghosted it to my Western Digital Storage Unit and then sent it off to the Warranty Depot While it was in the shop I used my yr old toshiba satellite which I am now typing on at this moment I was finally able to get the software tech from the office to reGhost my new toshiba new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? M on this past Saturday and left it with him for a couple of hrs and then returned to pick it up as there was not much in the way of programs on it and so it wouldn t take long to Ghost the Images back Well in my Western Digital Storage unit are Ghosts of this year old satellite that I am presently using After the techie new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? got my Restore Disk installed and tried to reGhost the image onto the New M it crashed He was using the wrong Ghost he new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? was using the one that was from this unit I was not happy especially after he claimed that he now had it Ghosted with the proper Image and I tried it out and it was very sloooooow to Boot He said it was my Norton I keep a log and had brought it with me and showed him how long the Boots took before it was sent off to the Warranty Depot with all the few programs that I had installed on it He had been doing other work and coming back to my unit while it was Ghosting and when it was finished I also asked him to plug in my gig SanDisk flashdrive and he went into My Computer and clicked on the drive and it simply hung there with the Timer showing Needless to say I am not happy and am wondering if the fact that he Ghosted the wrong image from my year old Satellite on it could have done any damage He said he would call me this AM and hasn t so I left a message with him I used my USB SanDisk before and there were no problems now he is trying to tell me that this drive has a peculiar install program that can cause problems I googled for it and found nothing I talked to the computer retailer a small outlet that I frequent and they indicated that it is simply plug and play Why the tech mentioned a problematic install program is beyond me as all i was trying to do was read the contents Is there a possibility that this notebook has been damaged by trying to Ghost this satellite to it He did do a full disc system restore the second time he did the Ghost Imaging however the computer is acting SlOOOOOOOOw to boot the SanDisk simply hangs there with the timer showing I would appreciate any comments as I am frustrated as to what is going on here I mean I would assume a techie would label the Ghost image with a name so that he knew which computer it belongs to Thankyou for your time nbsp

A:new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems??

Something you might want to try (it's a pita) is a repair of windows - this may fix some of the slowness issues you're seeing. The install program he's talking about is probably the U3 component of many larger USB pen drives. I think it's on most of Sandisk's newer large drives. A repair of windows might also take care of this. I seriously doubt that putting the wrong image on the machine and then putting another image on could do any damage to the machine itself - the folks here at my job do it all the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-notebook-ghosted-with-old-notebook-ghost-and-now-problems.59864/
Relevancy 49.88%

Are there any issues with upgrading my HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC  with 64bit windows 8.1 to windows 10 ??? Do i even want to upgrade ?

A:HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC Windows 10 upgrade problems ???

Well it is free if you upgrade by midnight tomorrow and after that is going to cost. I personally have had no real issues with Windows 10 on any computer that originally came with Windows 8 or 8.1. However, if you have the switchable graphics it has created lots of issues for other people so if you have that stay away from Windows 10. Otherwise I would say do it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-ENVY-TS-17-Notebook-PC-Windows-10-upgrade-problems/td-p/5705496
Relevancy 46.44%

I bought a brand new notebook pc. unfortunatly it has vista but i want to install XP on it, so when i load the CD, it later tells me that it does not see a HD installed, im sure my HD is SATA. i dont think it has anything to do with it but i guess that is why i am on here lol...

i also tried ubuntu linux but it gets to the part where the theme song comes on and then it freezes. so i left it alone.

but i really want to install XP because i cannot stand Vista. any help? i really appreciate it.

A:Solved: Need help installing XP on notebook.

If you are using a SATA (Serial ATA) hard drive, you will get an error message and will need to start the install process over. Keep an eye out for the message at the bottom of the screen that prompts you to “press F6 to install a third-party driver” You will have to slipstream a disk unless you have a floppy. The first thing you need to do is make sure you will be able to get the drivers and utilities for your board that are XP compatible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-help-installing-xp-on-notebook.684044/
Relevancy 46.44%

I've recently bought a new Acer Notebook travelmate 6292 with Vista preinstalled.
I would like to remove Vista and install XP pro.
After changing the boot sequence to CDdrive first and inserting the XP disk it goes
through the install process then comes up with hard drive not installed.
Normally at that stage it would give me the option of HD to install.
My intention is to format the HD and install Xp. What am I doing wrong. Help!

Relevancy 46.44%

I have an old HP Pavillion N3350 which had a cracked screen. I ordered a new LCD from one of the many websites devoted to that and installed it myself, following exactly what I did to remove the old one in reverse. The new screen has some sort of active connection because it lights up with many colorful scrambled lines, but no clear picture and no sign that the scramble is an actual picture being scrambled. I plugged it into another monitor and activated a dual display, the new screen lit up, scrambled, but was not actually listed as a display device that I could select. I plan on taking the whole thing apart again and double checking my connections, but I really don't think that they are loose. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with something like this??
Thanks in advance!

A:Problem installing new LCD into notebook

Well, this is one of those issues where the operative phrase is probably: You just had to be there.

I'm not sure, other than checking the connections again, what to suggest. It's curious another monitor shows up scrambled, that seems to indicate you have a video controller error in addition to the cracked screen. Did this laptop get dropped?

It's normally not cost-effective to repair older laptops, I've recently seen low-end Toshiba models for $449 after rebate, and I'm sure they're a better laptop than the old HP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-new-lcd-into-notebook.389327/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,
I bought my laptop abroad and everything is in foreign language. It's an ACER ASPIRE 5739G - 754G50Mn with Vista Home Premium. I wanted to get a new os vista ultimate or windows 7 installed. Some questions:
1. If I get a new os in english, I would only be able to clean install as it wouldn't allow me to update. But would I loose all the notebook's drivers?
2. I did a back up of the drivers just to be on the safe side, but if I install the new os in english, would the new os recognise the drivers if they are in a foreign language?
3. What's the best solution in this case? Getting an update of either vista or 7 and upgrading and then changing the display language?

Many thanks for your replies.

A:Installing on a foreign notebook

Hello Nag and welcome to the SevenForums.

In my opinion you have two possibilities. One is the upgrade installation and Language Pack, the second a clean install. Checking the specs of your laptop from interweb, I believe both would work without problems.

1) Upgrade & Language PackBuy Windows 7 Ultimate in the same language than your OEM Vista Home Premium. Do an upgrade installation, install English Language Pack from Windows Update and change the language. You get an English Wnidows 7 with all of the original drivers intact. The Win7 has to be in the same language than your OEM-OS. Works!
2) Clean InstallDo a clean install of Windows 7, download and install missing drivers. Your Acer should work fine. You can use English Win7 or some other language version and Language Packs.
Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/28451-installing-foreign-notebook.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i have an asus eee pc 904hd with windows xp installed (1gb memory, 80gb hard-drive, and a 900 MHZ processor) and i was wondering if it is possible to install windows vista ultimate onto it, with out there being any problems. many thanks alex

A:installing vista on a notebook

Don't bother with a 900mhz processor. Vista needs officially 1GHz. Most standard laptops have 1.6GHz or higher. 1GB of RAM is also too small, ideally you would need 3GB for x86 and 6GB or more for x64. Also, Vista needs around 15GB to install, so you would be running out of space soon.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...uirements.aspx

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/240951-installing-vista-notebook.html
Relevancy 46.01%

This laptop came with home basic - but the install is in such a state. I want to reinstall it. Unfortunatley I don't have a home basic install DVD and the recovery partition has been deleted.
I was trying to install xp - but it blue screens - there is no option in the bios for AHCI - which usually does the trick. Interestingly the bois lists the HDD as IDE but per the gateway web site this model has a PATA hard drive ? (confused)

So does anybody have any idea how I can install xp pro on this Laptop.

Or does anyone know where I can get a copy of home basic - as I have a valid license key ?

A:Installing XP on Gateway notebook mt3107b

If you are reinstalling it would be good idea to delete your old partition; then create a new one/format it during xp setup and reinstall. If there is no hardware related issue then this should work. Goodluck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-xp-on-gateway-notebook-mt3107b.141986/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

i'm trying to install a new hard drive in my notebook (dell, running windows 2000),
i know i need a startup disk, right?
but when i try to make a startup disk the system asks me for the cdrom of windows 2000, which i don't have.

the question is can i use any startup disk or one generated by the current os?

i have the cdrom of windows me and a startup disk of windows me, can i use those to install the new hard drive on my notebook?

plus, anything else i should know? any tutorial around?

thank you!

A:installing hard drive in a notebook

Are you wanting to install ME on the new disk? If so, then pop out the old HDD, and put in the new, and use the ME Startup disk to make sure the new drive is fdisked and formatted properly. After that, you can reboot and start installing the OS.

You can learn a lot from one of our member's sites.

rkselby98 and scroll down a little to the Hard drive and Installing Windows sections respectively

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-hard-drive-in-a-notebook.88373/
Relevancy 46.01%

Gentlemen I Installing On OS Advice Notebook dv6500 recently bought from a thrift store an HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook PC Limited Edition model Advice Installing OS On dv6500 Notebook dv The bottom of the service tag has it identified as dv se -- nothing like introducing a bit of confusion to the mix It has a GHz Centrino duo gigs of RAM and a GB HDD with some form of Linux on it Originally it shipped with Windows Vista Premium My questions for you revolve around various options for getting it back with some form of Windows OS I've come up with some options but I don't know which -- if any -- of them are realistic Option This is my preferred option since it's free and I'm a cheapskate Since the computer has a legible product key sticker on the bottom could I install a downloaded copy of Vista that came from Microsoft and use the product key to get it to install and activate properly If the product key is only valid for the HP OEM version of Vista then I guess this option is out and I would need to find an HP OEM disk see option Option Getting a recovery disk that is supposed to be all the original files from HP that were installed on the machine at shipping HP doesn't offer these anymore for this computer but there are sites like Restore Disks which purport to have copies for -- nearly three times the price of what HP would have charged Is this a legit' product Would the OS activate with the product key on the computer like it would with the rescue kits directly from HP Option Buy an OEM copy of Windows This is the most expensive option but Win has extended support until where Vista is only supported for something like another months I haven't investigated this option in any detail so I don't even know whether this computer's hardware will even run under Win and it seems to me that some Windows OS would need to be already installed to be able to run the Win Adviser to let you know this Option Try to install Windows XP I've read posts from people who claim to have successfully installed XP on this class of machine The biggest headache seems to be hunting down XP drivers from the manufacturers of the hardware components The upside of this is cost -- I already have a retail copy of XP that was running on a now retired computer -- the downsides are limited usability no internet possible hardware problems and hassle trying to find drivers I realize that there are illegal options but I'm trying to stay kosher I don't envision needing to store large amounts of files on this machine so the existing HDD might prove servicable cheapskate remember Any constructive comments from those more familiar with these matters than I am will be appreciated I don't want to junk what could be a useful computer Thanks for your interest Grant

A:Advice Installing OS On dv6500 Notebook

You need to have a Vista OEM disk of the same version as the license. If it is Vista Home Premium, that is what you need to have. It will work and we can find you the drivers as they are still posted here. It does not need to be an "HP" version of Vista but it does need to be an OEM copy of Vista. I am not aware of any place right now that you can download an OEM copy of Vista from Microsoft. They used to host such .iso downloads but stopped that maybe 18 months ago.   Windows 7 will work well on it and is a much better option than Vista although there are some publicized tweaks to Vista that can actually make it run almost as well as Windows 7. Vista just had terrible memory management so Windows 7 will run better on Vista-era hardware than 7.  Windows 7 and Windows Vista have a lot in common and generally can use the same drivers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Advice-Installing-OS-On-dv6500-Notebook/td-p/5654056
Relevancy 46.01%

I have recently purchased a Sony camcorder and would like to edit videos on my computer. I do not have an ieee 1394 (ilink) port. Is there an easy way to add this to my Gateway ML6720 Notebook?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-firewire-on-gateway-notebook.102553/
Relevancy 46.01%

If I need to install a new sound card for my notebook do I have to buy an internal or external one? I'm assuming external (usb) because I don't see an easy way of opening my laptop to install an internal one.

A:installing new sound card in notebook

most are onboard and aren't something you can changeout like a pc.

ms had some usb speakers sometime back. you'd have to check around bestbuy, office max to see if any are available.

have you ever had anything running thru the usb port?

info about you laptop would help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-new-sound-card-in-notebook.398432/
Relevancy 46.01%

I m officially out of ideas and I m hoping you kind way of operating notebook system No on installing folk here could help me out I have a Hp notebook whose hard disc I formatted while transfering data from it to my computer so I could do a fresh OS When I returned the hard disc into the notebook I found No way of installing operating system on notebook that I could not install Windows by any medium I tried plugging in an external DVD reader and installing windows like I did the first time on this notebook but No way of installing operating system on notebook it would not read from the device BIOS recognises it only as USB LEGACY SUPPORT When I tried installing windows from an USB like I did many times on my computer the screen would freeze when I pressed any key to No way of installing operating system on notebook boot from USB I tried changing USB ports for the devices I used it did not help and I tried changing USB memory sticks from which I booted but alas no success I don t know if there is a way of transfering the files from the dvd onto the hard disc make it bootable somehow and then install the OS on the hard drive the same one I also tried installing other OS using the same methods Windows and XP but have had the same problems P S I haven t tried preinstalling a system on the hard drive on another computer and then inserting the HD into the notebook hoping it would boot I tried that once on a comuter and have had no success Please do help cheers nbsp

A:No way of installing operating system on notebook

Does this help ?
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...all-Windows7-on-HP-2140-using-USB/td-p/301650

or this ?
http://www.suren.net/2010/03/11/installing-windows-7-off-a-usb-drive-on-an-hp-mini-2140/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-way-of-installing-operating-system-on-notebook.200793/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello

First:
My BIOS does not support booting from a USB device
The Notebook does NOT have a CD-ROM
I am able to access a USB CD-ROM with a bootdisk
I've created 3 partitions, but only the second partition is working, because the harddisk is corrupt
The partion is 7GB large and has the letter D

The Problems I've encountered:
I tried to start the ..\I386\winnt.exe but the setup doesn't see my Harddrive. Windows is unable to locate a appropriate drive with enough space.
Same as above happens when I run the winnt from the harddisk
The setup doesn't start at all when there is no CD-ROM driver loaded, so I cannot just use simple bootdisks
Well, what can I do?? I'd like to load the USB drivers during the bootsetup(using 4 bootdisk) but I do not know how. Does anyone have a idea how to get this installation going?
Thank you

Bye

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-2000-on-a-notebook-without-a-cd-rom.262684/
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently had to replace a hard drive in a Samsung notebook running Win 7 64 bit, I reinstalled the operating system from the restore disk, but that was all that was on the disk, no drivers at all, I located the Samsung web site www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP300E7A-A05UK- driver downloads site, I have downloaded the chipset drivers and vga drivers, but I've no idea if I have done this properly, as up to now the display still looks like it is running in safe mode. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

A:Trouble re-installing win 7 on Samsung notebook

You need to get your display driver from the manufacturer website. Click on start and in the search box type "device manager" scroll through all your devices and see if you have a small yellow exclamation point anywhere. If you do, that is a driver that you need to get. Search for your computers display driver first in order to get your hd graphics. What is the make and model of your computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525769/trouble-re-installing-win-7-on-samsung-notebook/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have HP ENVY 17-s000 Notebook PC (Touch) and I want to install an M2SSD into it. will this computer support it and can I have both the M2SSD and the 2.5 in SATA drive in there simulaniously? 

A:Installing M2 SSD in my HP ENVY 17-s000 Notebook PC

@MrsAnnaB Your manual does not say anything about M.2 SSD. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04886204 Sorry. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Installing-M2-SSD-in-my-HP-ENVY-17-s000-Notebook-PC/td-p/5851317
Relevancy 46.01%

I have been unable to install WinXP on a newer notebook; check the BIOS and select IDE and ACHI but to no avail; I think I needed SATA drivers for the hard disk;

managed to find SATA_Intel_8.0.0.1039_XPx86XPx64_IMSI.zip; how do I add this to the CD so that I won't be asked to add the necessary drivers during installation

Relevancy 46.01%

OK here s goes i ll try to be as concise as notebook OS drive installing w/ on no optical help need possible i ve got an old Acer Travelmate it s one of those mini notebooks the issue is it has no CD or DVD drive just a couple USB s and a need help installing OS on notebook w/ no optical drive firewire it need help installing OS on notebook w/ no optical drive s basically my work in progress computer i ve got my power laptop and my workhorse desktop that i loathe formatting and reinstalling every time i have a hick up but i don t mind wrecking this little Acer it s pretty bare bones it s always had XP on it but recently i wanted to dabble in LINUX being i had no real options need help installing OS on notebook w/ no optical drive i pulled the hard drive out of the Acer connected it to a serial adapter and hooked it up to my desktop from there i could wipe it and load Ubuntu well i m done with it and wanted to reload XP thinking quot hell it worked before quot i yanked the hard drive from the Acer again hooked it up to my desktop disabled my other two drives so all the desktop could see is the Acer drive i formatted it and installed XP i booted it up on the desktop and everything worked great this is where the fun stops i put the drive back in the notebook and bingo bango BSOD my thoughts on this are when i ve got the Acer drive in my desktop and i m installing XP it s configuring everything based on my desktops specs and hardware hence when i move it back to the laptop it freaks out because it can t find anything it knows and gives me that pretty blue screen then again i m not that s why i m out here the ultimate goal here is to get XP on my Acer notebook by any means possible just not having any optical drives makes the situation particularly frustrating anyways seattle i m listening nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

i have an older ibm thinkpad 600E type 2645-4AH that runs on a PII with a 6.4GB Hitachi hard drive. i would like to install a larger hard drive 20GB or 30GB. i took a look at the hard drive in the notebook and it seems to be a size around 12.7mm (0.5 in.) most of the new notebook hard drives i can find are in the 9.5mm (0.37 in.) size. will there be any problems installing a thinner drive than my old drive in the notebook? will it be secure in place or will it move around too much and get easily damaged? would i also need to upgrade the bios?

tks for the help in advance.

jj

A:installing a new notebook hard drive

The thinner one will be OK. It is screwed into a cradle and that stops it from movong. No you should not need a bios update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-a-new-notebook-hard-drive.189182/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello

First:
My BIOS does not support booting from a USB device
The Notebook does NOT have a CD-ROM
I am able to access a USB CD-ROM with a bootdisk
I've created 3 partitions, but only the second partition is working, because the harddisk is corrupt
The partion is 7GB large and has the letter D

The Problems I've encountered:
I tried to start the ..\I386\winnt.exe but the setup doesn't see my Harddrive. Windows is unable to locate a appropriate drive with enough space.
Same as above happens when I run the winnt from the harddisk
The setup doesn't start at all when there is no CD-ROM driver loaded, so I cannot just use simple bootdisks
Well, what can I do?? I'd like to load the USB drivers during the bootsetup(using 4 bootdisk) but I do not know how. Does anyone have a idea how to get this installation going?
Thank you

Bye

Relevancy 45.58%

I ve been having some problems getting my IBM Thinkpad z up and running After installing a new hard drive new drivers and Win it was running pretty smoothly When I attempted after notebook installing card the wireless browse a Cant net to install a Belkin wireless card Cant browse the net after installing a notebook wireless card to my laptop I ran the software put in the hardware and it installed just fine The icon shows that the signal is weak but it connects to our router Now the Cant browse the net after installing a notebook wireless card router is a Netgear I believe But even after showing a connection it still dosent allow me on the internet When I click on internet explorer it just shows me the browser isnt available Now I uninstalled and reinstalled the hardware and drivers and I have the same problem So I decided to go out and get a netgear wireless card After installing I come across the same problems as before They are both made to work with win bit bus card the only thing that may affect it that I Cant browse the net after installing a notebook wireless card can think of is the ram Since I only have mb of ram that could be the problem Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be Please share any ideas Thank you in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-browse-the-net-after-installing-a-notebook-wireless-card.405449/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am trying to fix my daughter's Acer Aspire One D270 notebook as it chrashed. I purchased a USB instalation stick but it will not install. It boots up ok. When I get to the install window it shows Disk 0 Unallocated space and the same size of disk and free space. With this drive sellected I click "Next" but a warning triangle appears in the window stating " Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See Setup log files for more information".
Someone please help me?

A:Problem installing win7 starter on notebook

Hi and welcome to TSF see if the info here can be of some help Acer Aspire One D257 Netbook issues - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-installing-win7-starter-on-notebook-865706.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have attempted this BIOS update from the HP Support Assistant multiple times.  The process appears to compelete sucessuflly.  But as soon as I continue, HPSA keeps showing that I need to install it.  Please advise.  I've also attempted to install directly from the download.  Same result.  The update also does not show as a completed item in my HPSA Action list.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-AMD-Notebook-BIOS-Update-SP76353-not-installing/td-p/5713988
Relevancy 45.58%

TheHP Notebook System Bios Update neve seem to stop installing thou I have it running for more than 12 hours. I saw someone replied to another user to close the HPSA than restart. What is HPSA? Or What is the best way to get it install?I am on Window 10

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/hp-notebook-system-bios-update-not-installing/td-p/5753647
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi

I have Asus K501UX-Q72S-CB Bilingual Notebook, i7-6500U windows 10 installed. I would like to wipeout the harddrive and install win7 ultimate.

Use rufus to create the win7 installer but got stuck during installation on the language screen with no mouse cursor.

Please help.

A:Need help installing win7 ultimate to asus notebook

Does it have usb 3.0 ports, you could hook up an external mouse and keyboard.

But you`d have to create a windows 7 installer with the usb 3.0 drivers integrated and start over.

I use Asus EZ Installer, works like a charm.

Support Center | ASUS USA

The specs say it has 2 usb 2.0 ports, you should be able to use those to hook up a mouse and keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/398670-need-help-installing-win7-ultimate-asus-notebook.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all, I have a problem with a HP Probook 650 G1. We need to replace the hard drive, because we want to save all files on that one. When I install another hard drive (brand new) into the notebook, it will start but freezes directly by the HP logo. I cannot access the BIOS. I tried it with another hard drive (from an old notebook), but both are not working. When I install the old hard drive the laptop will boot normally. I tested the brand new hard drive in another system, and there it will boot and give a message there is no bootable disk found (since it is a brand new drive, that's not weird). The problem should be in the notebook. Is there anyone who knows what the problem could be? Reseating the battery is also not working. Thank you for considering my question. BrokenWing

A:Notebook won't boot after installing another hard drive.

Hi It suggests to me that the HDD profile in the BIOS is mapped to one HDD only, and it is perhaps failing post? If so then I would look to change the HDD profile in the BIOS and use F10 save and reboot. If in doubt please ask.

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Notebook-won-t-boot-after-installing-another-hard-drive/td-p/5597349
Relevancy 45.15%

Here is the problem:

I had win xp insatlled and i bought win7 cd.I ran setup it was well copied files and when it went to expand files, computer restarted as usually does,but when it restarted,at the win7 logo suddenly the screen becomed black.

I restarted and tryed again but no results, I tryed runing setup in safe mode but the same problem appeared.
I dont know what to do, I tryed to format hard drive with xp cd but when i boot from cd it says "setup is inspecting hardware configuration" and screen becommes black when setup shuld load files.
I appreciate any help here!

A:windows 7 installing problems.

I gather you have a computer with no OS installed, neither XP or W7, and that both installers quit or die without telling you anything useful.

The only things I can think of are:

- make sure your install media is OK (checksums, CDs not scratched, etc). Don't use Memorex blank DVDs... Probably not the issue because you have two OSs not installing.

- check your hard-drive and partitions with the bootable-CD version of minitool partition wizard:
"www. partitionwizard. com / free-partition-manager.html" (remove the spaces I inserted to prevent the forum software from chanfing the URL to an advertisement).

Of course you'll need some computer to make the CD...sigh. It's easy to make, tho.
Run the disk-error-check or whatever they call it...

Edit: "I tryed runing setup in safe mode" - you're installing by booting from the CDs aren't you?
Edit: also run a memory/RAM check. IIRC, the W7 install has this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/229002-windows-7-installing-problems.html
Relevancy 45.15%

So I changed motherboard and CPU and some other stuff, I had been told that I need to reinstall my windows 7 after doing such a change, so I did.
Now Windows 7 Installation keeps throwing bullshit at me, at first it got stuck and Expanding windows files, I switched to a usb and it started working.
Now everytime it finishes I get "Unable to access E:\Blablabla" for many files.
I'm clueless of what I'm supposed to do..
I tried messing with BIOS but no changes..
Gigabyte motherboard MA770T-UD3,
CPU AMD Phenom II X2 965,
4 Gigs ram
4870 HD.

A:Problems installing windows 7

Update:
I reinstalled again and now it says that volmgrx.sys is corrupted..

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/121231-problems-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I accidentally began loading a windows xp bootable cd. Once it gets to the installing windows portion it is asking me for the CD key. I do not have the CD key. Everytime I re-boot, it goes right back to "setup is being started...." and then asks for the CD key again.

A:Problems installing Windows XP OS

and welcome to the Forum

What Brand and Model is the pc? . . You might have the key on a sticker on the side of the tower or bottom of a laptop

Looks like this:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-installing-windows-xp-os-356449.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a friend who has upgraded to the following system:

ASUS P5AD2-E Premium
Crucial PC4200 2x512Mb
Pentium 4 560 3.6Ghz
Seagate 200GB IDE HDD
x800xl PCI-E Graphics card

The hard drive is fresh. After several attempts, I took the hard drive
to another machine with XP Pro already installed and deleted the
partition and recreated it.
The machine will take a Windows ME install perfectly, but whenever I
attempt an XP install (booting directly from CD), it launches all necessary drivers and files, but never gets past
"Setup is starting Windows".

anyone any ideas what the problem may be????

A:Problems installing windows Xp Pro!!!

hello and welcome to TSF.

have you tried formatting in NTFS the full format? not the quick format.

also try checkign jumper settings

and also check the BIOS settings to make sure the BIOS sees the HDD installed on the system.

good luck and get back to us if you need mroe help.

[side note: Tumbleweed and i posted at the same time lol it happens...]

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-installing-windows-xp-pro-75079.html
Relevancy 45.15%

hi everyone

i have a gateway laptop (sa1) with windows vista home premium OEMAct
and i wanted to install internet explorer9 but i couldn't and they told me that i need to have vista sp2
so i decided to install windows 7 instead because it's much better
so i put the win 7 installation CD
and i formatted the hard disk
now the CD starts copying windows files successfully
then when it reaches (expanding windows files) it just stays in (0%) for a long time
and after a while the installation fails
and after that i see an error message

can anyone plz help me ?

thank you

A:having problems installing windows

just download new version

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/having-problems-installing-windows-578533.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok, so I tried installing Windows XP Pro, and for some reason my install was corrupt and never finished. Now my computer freezes on startup most of the time at Verifying DMI Pool Data... Sometimes I get lucky and it boots to the CD, but when it tries completing the install it freezes. If I try booting normally to the HD first, it freezes, because I have no complete install of Windows anymore. How can I fix this? I've tried multiple CDs. I would like to keep my files if possible but I am willing to reformat everything if that is whats needed but I cant even get to that step anymore. Please help! Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 45.15%

The install worked flawlessly the first time then I decided to re-install with a different partition setup. Now after the initial setup phase it will not enter GUI portion of the install. After the auto reboot it simply tries to start the install from scratch again. This really frustrating because it takes about 45 mins
just to get to this point and fail . I can really use some guidance no this.

Thanks in advance , John

A:Big Problems installing Windows XP pro

Hi John, Welcome to TSF!

Have a look at this....

Please read this guide...A Step-by-Step Installation Guide with explanations for each step of the installation.
(Click the coloured Link.)

Post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/big-problems-installing-windows-xp-pro-279439.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I built a new computer just last week and I installed windows XP on it without any trouble Then I tried to install windows professional x and every time i do it I get one of two Blue error installing windows 7 Problems screens If it cuts off before the instal can even begin it says Problems installing windows 7 A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL If Problems installing windows 7 this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Problems installing windows 7 Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as chaching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then Select Safe Mode Technical Information Stop x E x x x x But sometimes it makes it into the install portion and cuts out halfway through and gives the same message with the error code as Stop x A x x D x xFFFFF CEE I have tried installing all of my motherboard drivers and finding updates online but nothing seems to be resolving this issue Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-installing-windows-7.915933/
Relevancy 45.15%

My Laptop Broke due to power off, i attemted a reboot which failed through freezing , this cuased everything to currupt. i made the bios boot up a disc. since then i have purchase spotmau powersuite professional 2008 (spotmau.com) from this i have wiped my hardrive so it is blank. from this i have partioned it to NTFS. now i am stuck of where to go. i insert a windows XP install disc and it gets to a point where it says i have no hardrives installed. what should i do ?

please help
Many Thanks
Nathan Tuckey

A:Problems With Installing Windows On HD

i have no idea really but its wiped the hardrive so it is just blank. it is in NTFS and set active. whenever i put in the windows disc it loads up files then says "press enter to install" i press it and it then says it cannot find a hardrive. does anyone know how to partion or format a hardrive so it will be found even tho it is blank and has nothing on it ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-installing-windows-on-hd.107199/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi

I'd be grateful for any help with issues I've got trying to reinstall Windows XP. I had some problems with software, which eventually resulted in me deciding to re-format the hard disk and start from scratch. However, while the formatting works OK, installing Windows XP keeps falling over due to errors copying files - I've tried three or four times, and each time it gives an error copying or verifying some files, but different ones each time. It sometimes gets into the Windows setup proper, but doesn't complete it - it either hangs or crashes out completely.

I thought it might be the Windows CD, but I've tried with a different one, and that also failed. A couple of times I've had the blue screen saying that Windows has been shut down to protect my computer.

Any suggestions about what options to try would be great.

A:Problems re-installing Windows XP

Could be a bad hard drive. Go to the hard drive manufacturers website and download their diagnostics utility. It will check the drive for errors. You may also want to try using there low level format utility to completely zero out the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-re-installing-windows-xp-81418.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi windows with seven usb installing Problems I am having a major problem with my netbook Basically it fell off a table a few weeks ago and that resulted in the hard drive getting broke so I was researching on how I could still use the netbook somehow via usb boot I had a linux live disc lying around and st of all installed linux to a gb flash drrive Then I used the gparted program and formatted an gb hp flash drive to ntsf flagged as boot and mounted the windows iso Thought things were going great when I rebooted and removed the Problems installing windows seven with usb ubuntu flash the windows files started loading but when it got to the point of installing the flash containing the windows files was there but there was a warning saying windows cannot be installed via usb basically Can anyone shed some light please I dont want to buy a new hard drive as im planning on buying a new netbook in a month or so anyway I mostly use my netbook for downloading and watching movies at the weekends having a few drinks with the girlfriend and have missed it of late I cant watch movies on ubuntu The screen just stops and starts and is way out of sync Any help would be great Thanks

A:Problems installing windows seven with usb

It sounds as if you are trying to install to a USB drive?

if so, I wouldn't bother further...you need more than 8GB, and even so it would be far more sluggish than a live Linux USB. I would recommend trying an alternate Linux distribution and see if you have better success. Without a new HDD Windows 7 is unfortunately close to unusable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/311705-problems-installing-windows-seven-usb.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i downloaded the iso version 32 bit of windows 7 professional. I make burned a copy to a DVD and change the BIOS boot from DVD. I chose the installation language and it now say that i am missing a driver. what driver does it need? how do i finish the install? should i just download the exe file and install from my computer.

A:Problems installing Windows 7 ISO

Did you choose a different language than english ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/31119-problems-installing-windows-7-iso.html
Relevancy 45.15%

1. I'm unable to connect to the store. it keeps saying there may be a server message. worked fine before 8.1 install

2. when connecting my iphone it no longer imports pictures automatically in windows 8.1. it asks if id like to browse my phone or do nothing. how can I get it to automatically import pictures again?

A:2 problems after installing Windows 8.1 .

1. 8.1 is not yet released.
2. 8.1 is not yet released.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/27765-2-problems-after-installing-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi i reaaalllly need some help I hope i ve posted this in the right place appologies if i havn t I ve recently re installed windows onto my Dell inspiron laptop After it had finished installing i realised that i had accidently inserted the wrong dell disc It has now installed windows xp media center edition instead of the normal edition of windows xp that i would usually use This has caused many problems and conflictions because now my sound isn t working and since then the dvd drive has not been working correctly either The DVD drive is a Sony DVD -RW DW-Q A slim type I have installed all the dvd drivers from the website but they didn t seem to help The drive recognizes and runs the Windows media center windows re with installing Problems xp edition disc with no problems but it does not recognize or run any other discs at all even tho they all work fine on Problems with re installing windows xp my desktop pc I just want the normal windows xp back onto my laptop but now i cannot run the normal xp installation disc I would apreciate it if anyone could give me some advice on how to get it back to normal Thanx in advance Amy nbsp

A:Problems with re installing windows xp

THe one thing i am worried about is the DVD drive not working. Did it stop working after the media center installation? If so then it more than likely will work for a full clean installation.

Please use internet Explorer for viewing this

Microsoft KB - How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP =
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310353

Do not forget to install the special drivers for this computer that should either be found on the driver disk that came with the recovery disk set or you would have to download them thru the manufacturers web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-re-installing-windows-xp.505350/
Relevancy 45.15%

ive tried many different xp disks to get this to work. everytime it comes up to start setting up windows it locks up. if there something i can check my hard drive for problems with and hopefully it fix it.

A:problems installing windows

Is this a new system on which you are installing Windows for the first time or some other scenario?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-installing-windows.638124/
Relevancy 45.15%

when installing windows xp it installs a certain amount of software,then computer says needs to restart in 15 seconds,instead of putting the rest of the software,it starts from the begining again.can you help.

A:problems re-installing windows xp

davedonny said:

when installing windows xp it installs a certain amount of software,then computer says needs to restart in 15 seconds,instead of putting the rest of the software,it starts from the begining again.can you help.Click to expand...

problems re-installing windows xp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-re-installing-windows-xp.23114/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everyone The moment I installed windows from windows I noticed a lot of problems The boot time took times longer the very first time booting the computer with Even after disabling enabling 'fast boot' of the time whenever I shut the computer down it decides to reboot it instead Then I have to shut it down again to shut it down of the time the sound stops working at random moments together with the task bar No left clicks work installing right Problems Windows after 10 on the right side buttons including the sound control one and the windows start menu button on the left This sometimes happens when the system just got to the desktop the button to show the desktop on the very right does work and the quick launch Problems right after installing Windows 10 buttons on the left do work sfc scan shows no errors I also tried the powershell command to recover apps which doesn't work Specs K GB RAM GTX SE hard drives of different brands and sizes Thank you Seren

A:Problems right after installing Windows 10

Hi, welcome to tenforums. You wouldn't be here if you were unlucky with Win 10.
I also had a bit of a fight with my upgrade from 8.1, but symptoms not quite as bad as yours.

You might want to try booting to safe mode (e.g. via SHIFT + restart and navigating the lengthy menus or via msconfig - there are details in one of the tutorials - see Tutorials, above) and seeing if you can boot and restart cleanly.

If so, also have a look at your event log, and see if you can pick out anything significant.

Your problems may have more than one source, but I'm betting you have some sort of driver issue.. a video card driver problem is not uncommon. But that can only be an unjustified guess.

If safe mode works, move on to a clean boot. (That begins to eliminate the effect of installed programs).
How to perform a Clean boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki
If any symptoms disappear as a result, you can proceed with a process of elimination.
However, a clean boot includes your drivers.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/35387-problems-right-after-installing-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I tried to upgrade to XP (from 98) and the system died during the setup. I cancelled the update and decided to install XP instead.

I have a screen that shows the partitions on the computer. This particular computer isn't partitioned.

The options are to:
Setup XP on the partitioned item (the entire computer)
Create a partition in the unpartitioned space (there is none)
Delete the partition....

My only option is to use the partitioned item. The problem is that it contains another operatig system and could cause problems if I install it there.

How should I proceed????

Relevancy 45.15%

Ok so after re-installing windows I have run into several problems First off even when I have some of my services set on automatic they keep on turning ff randomly and when I boot my computer after Windows Problems XP re-installing they are always off These certain services are important ones also like Windows Installer Another problem I ran into is part of the text is in some weird foreign language even though all of my language settings are in english Now even though about of my text is in english it is still causing me trouble becaus after installing my wireless internet adapter and going into Problems after re-installing Windows XP my wireless connections it is giving me an error Problems after re-installing Windows XP message in this foreign language that I cannot decipher thus not allowing me to use the web Problems after re-installing Windows XP on this computer So now I am using my secondary slow laptop And now my last problem its seems that my audio card and video controllers drivers did not install so I downloaded unknown devices onto my laptop and put it in a flash drive then installed it onto my computer This showed me what needed to be installed but it doesnt tell me what exact type of sound card or video controller I have so I dont know what drivers to install It also says I have some sort of modem device without a driver im wondering if this may have something to do with my internet issue as well Now I know that this is a lot of issues but if anyone here can help me it would be much appreciated Also if you need me to post my specs then just let me know Also my internet problem is my main priority because my laptop is very old and terribly slow so I do not want to have to download everything to fix my computer on it and have to ransfer it Thanks again

A:Problems after re-installing Windows XP

exactly what computer model? did you go to the computer manufacturers website, search for your specific computer and download their drivers? if you used system restore update the drivers? also did you install all winxp updates?

also give more info about the xp disk, did it come from another computer, did it come with that one, is it system builders oem, or did you download and burned a copy.

finally did xp originally come with that computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-after-re-installing-windows-xp-640762.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I tried re-installing windows xp yesturday, everytime its installing the countdown freezes at say 34minutes remaining till setup finishes. Today, I tried installing it again and it got to 10minutes and froze. I'm wondering what is the cause of this problem. Do you think it is the windows xp disk i am using? Or some other problem. Specs on my computer are 3.0Ghz w/ HT, 1gb of ram, 250gb HD, New Ninja Scythe Hs/Fan. Thanks

A:Problems Installing Windows XP

AssaultEX said:

I tried re-installing windows xp yesturday, everytime its installing the countdown freezes at say 34minutes remaining till setup finishes. Today, I tried installing it again and it got to 10minutes and froze. I'm wondering what is the cause of this problem. Do you think it is the windows xp disk i am using? Or some other problem. Specs on my computer are 3.0Ghz w/ HT, 1gb of ram, 250gb HD, New Ninja Scythe Hs/Fan. ThanksClick to expand...

Probably some kind of incompatibility, or a faulty component such as HD or memory as these are really the two things used most during install, I had XP refuse to install on some brands of Mobo, but as yours is a reinstall and you had it working before it wont be that.

You could try copying the source disk to your HD and see if it copies OK, as you say it could be a bad disk, it could also be overheating issue check for cooling blockages, also run the install with the side of the case off to increase cooling.

Just a couple of ideas, i'm sure someone else will be along with some more real soon...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-installing-windows-xp.53169/
Relevancy 45.15%

hi
I am using windows 8.... Now I am upgrading to 8.1.... I make bootable USB drive when I start the setup process where the setup shows the drives an error ocurred that "no drivers are found for this device"....
I dnt knw what to do...
as it occures during setup so i cant make any screen shots....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513516/having-problems-installing-windows-81/
Relevancy 45.15%

Since upgrading to Windows -bit premium from Windows -bit premium I have had some trouble with my computer In relating the problems here it is not my intention to cause offense or denigrate the windows OS just for the hell of it I think forums are a place for people to communicate just because it's online doesn't mean you can write any old thing I just wanted to join this forum in order to since 8 installing few A Windows problems post about a few errors and other problems I've been having and see what kind of reaction I get From my own point of view A few problems since installing Windows 8 as I use my machine for work these problems all coming together in the space of a few weeks have been very frustrating a after upgrade files and folders periodically disappear from desktop screen they are still in explorer though and apps disappear from metro screen b cpu Ghz i often runs at or near when using windows explorer and a search in explorer of any kind tends to bring the computer to a complete halt necessitating ctrl-alt-del to end task c with task manager open I began to notice that multiple tasks would begin when opening applications especially with Chrome browser d errors and sub-standard functioning in excel particularly with regard to hyperlinks I have posted these errors in detail on the Microsoft support site some days ago without a single reply and have appended them to this post in case anyone here can help out Just because I am now going to switch to Apple doesn't detract from the fact that I have spent money on a new OS and Office for my computer rather than use a copy of someone else's like most other people do See how my loyalty and honesty has been rewarded I am using Windows -bit on a Toshiba Satellite L with GB memory and a GB SSD The laptop underwent a full service including dismantling and cleaning weeks ago and a premium version of Avira Virus Blocker is installed which includes real-time protection But my main gripe concerns SKYPE also I note now owned by Microsoft I have used skype a very common and popular VoIP application used by millions around the world since about and never had such problems as I have had this last week First off it all started when the skype website informed me that Skype for Windows was available for installation I installed it as most people would It was suddenly not a piece of software any more it became an 'app' and was sitting prettily on my Metro screen oh the arrogance to try and call it 'mine' - not on the desktop When you open it about a third of the screen estate is devoted to telling you that it looks beautiful in case I can't see it a central column lists recent activity and a third lists contacts There are no further options You cannot record or playback voicemail messages or change many settings Clearly this is unacceptable The app has been released when it is clearly unfinished I decided to contact skype tech support to see if I could get a refund on my premium membership uninstall Skype for Windows and reinstall the Desktop version Guess what They couldn't do it I am serious This will make my post a little too long for a first-timer but I think it is worth reading The person doing the support is great and really helpful putting up with a bit of sarcasm from me as I got more and more frustrated and hour turned into Here is the conversation I had with Tech Support Please bear in mind that I was extremely angry and barely restraining myself to sarcasm thick irony This will make windows lovers hate me But I do not hate windows lovers They are simply people who have to make do with a sub-standard OS that has been released with inadequate compatibility checks while even major desktop applications have not been 'converted' into 'apps' But I think Windows has betrayed us their loyal users by moving away from the desktop interface sacrificing efficiency and simplicity for the sake of a spurious 'attractiveness' which is in practice simply a handicap to any rational workflow Is a... Read more

A:A few problems since installing Windows 8

Question, are you the same guy who posted that incredible funny rant in here last night? If you are, thanx a helluva lot, it made my day.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28683-few-problems-since-installing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i posted this problem before and it finally installed for some odd reason then i restarted my computer and it said printmaster HDD problem or error what is that shari Troubles Installing XP after format -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello This is my first post how exciting Ok my computer which i have had for four years was full of useless crap so I decided to format the hard drive and do a clean install I booted up using the XP CD and everything went fine I Formated the harddrive and that was sucessful then installed the ness files that it needed Then the screen said that It would boot up and setup would continue and to make sure I had no disks in the A which i didn't So it reboots then comes to the start up screen that says looking for boot log checkin a which doesn't have anything in it so it checks the C which has my XP CD in it and it goes back to the same process where i have to delete the partion and format Its the same process that happens and I just want to reinstall the rest of windows Whats the matter PLease help SHARI

A:still problems with installing windows XP

Hi,

A question for you. Do you have or do you have a copy of the Printmaster Gold software on your computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/still-problems-with-installing-windows-xp-25238.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey everyone First of all i would apologize for my bad english Im from holland So i recently got a new desktop computer for christmas A very big upgrade from my last one so rushing as we all would Out of the box and connect all the cables All nice and well You would think ey As soon as i started in i inserted my Windows Ultimate x disc And set the boot options to boot from CD DVD drive first So i reboot and it loads up the installer just fine Setting the language Keyboard input language Etc So it starts and installs just fine And when its done It has to reboot the computer to finish the installation Everything just fine so far But when it got back to the installer Poof Blue screen Problems 7 installing Windows of death Well ofcourse i give it another go But this time i make it all the way into windows So i go ahead and install drivers and everything Quick reboot in between But once again Blue screen of death And this keeps on happening after installing But it now even happens while it is installing So it goes from bad to worse Now i cant even boot it at all But sometimes If i even manage to get it up to windows After a succesfull install I Problems installing Windows 7 can just use Everything just fine But when i reboot nothing works anymore So if anyone of you could assist me That would be AWESOME Regards Spifkie

A:Problems installing Windows 7

Take a look at these posts:

Common Installation Problems and Their Solutions
Questions to use for help with Installation Issues
Tutorial quick reference list for Installing Windows 7
Questions to use for help with Installation Issues
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version
Clean Install Windows 7
USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/133409-problems-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Problems Well basically I don t know what is really going on with my lovely computer It Installing Windows Problems XP with s just not working properly when I trying to reinstall the Windows XP Pro Firstly I used my Disk Manager to partition and format my -year-old MB Maxtor HHD and when I tried to install Windows XP Pro it came out Problems with Installing Windows XP with something like Dynamic Drive Overlay problem and this problem Problems with Installing Windows XP is now solved Here comes another problem While the installation was in progress first time it started re-booting the computer and after few reboots my screen appear nothing No screen was shown on my screen Does anyone know what went wrong with this My viewpoint is that I reckon this happens either because of my HDD or Memory Physical RAM or Slots problems At very beginning I thought the unexpected restarting was because of my Power Supplier problem but it seems nothing Problems with Installing Windows XP wrong with the Power because it runs fine with my Linux systems Then I try to test out my memories there ain t any diffference between three of them The problem still stays Is there anyone know here know what is going on with my computer Mind to provide me some suggestions or solutions for this kind of problems Thank in advance By the way I m not sure this is the place for this thread since I couldn t see any sections here is particularly for Windows issues that s why I put this post upon this board here Forgive me if I did the wrong thing Ta Wu nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

When i pick my language and press install now, i get this message:
"A required CD/DVD drive device is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert now.

Note:If windiws installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step."
I tried to change SATA driver but it won't work then, too...

A:Installing Windows 7 Problems...

Quote: Originally Posted by Croatia94

When i pick my language and press install now, i get this message:
"A required CD/DVD drive device is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert now.

Note:If windiws installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step."
I tried to change SATA driver but it won't work then, too...

See TheSchaft's suggestion in this thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/31426-installing-windows-7-problems.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I installed a new HP hard drive on my friend's laptop, and the disks that came with it. The problem I am having is after all the disks have finished and it looks like Windows is going to start, I get the error message saying Windows could not complete the installation. To Install Windows on this computer, restart the installation. I did the reinstall three times and got the same error message each time. I would really appreciate some help to solve this problem, step by step if possible.
Thank you!

A:Problems Installing Windows 7

I'm not sure exactly how but I got it to work without the disks. I think I pushed F11 and it just started to download everything. Its up and running like new.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-installing-windows-7.972769/
Relevancy 45.15%

I was in the middle of installing windows xp.. up to the stage of entering the product key no. I couldnt find the number so i had to stop and shut down. Now that I have the number and i want to reinstal but i could not. my laptop just going around in circle..the message.."error, you have stopped in the middle of installation"..what should I do...??

Relevancy 45.15%

Afternoon all So a friend of mine recently purchased two Acer Z's and asked me to take all of the bloatware off them Problems Installing Windows and to install some programs such as Office Skype and whatnot So I wiped the computers and reinstalled Windows using the drivers from the Acer site and diong everything I usually do in this situation and both computers were working absolutely perfectly when they Installing Windows Problems left my office bedroom haha One computer has since been having problems Since she is not computer literate she couldn't really tell me what Installing Windows Problems the problem was though I gather it had something to do with the computer starting up sometimes it wouldn't It then escalated to not booting up at all just BSODing during boot up and looping The BSOD appears on the screen so briefly you wouldn't know it was there unless you were looking for it I could not even boot the computer up in safe mode I went into the repair function when I inserted the install disc and that didn't work either And though I installed Win Ult it detected a Win HE instead which confused me a little I then tried to reinstall Windows and left it to install and it got to the point where you have to enter time and date and then soon after it did the restart and then wouldn't continue the set up I think the quot The computer didn't shut down last time so which mode do you want to run in quot screen came up but I'm not sure because it appeared in wierd characters with only some of the right letters in the right place I then went to reinstall Windows again and when I am asked where to install Windows no drives are showing Could this be a BIOS problem When I browse for a drive to install Win in it shows a quot Drive X quot with most of a Windows installation on it but it says there are no drivers for it How do I install the drivers Sorry this is so long but I've never come across this type of problem before and I felt that any information could be relevant Thanks a lot StubbyHS SPECS Intel Core B GHz Intel HD Graphics GB DDR RAM GB HDD

A:Installing Windows Problems

I would Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208725-installing-windows-problems.html
Relevancy 45.15%

hi guys ,
i installed windows 7 pro a week ago and everything is working fine except for these problems :

1- the video quality is good but not as good as before , and i tried to install THIS update for my driver but i got this message ( the NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware.setup will exit now )

2- there is a folder in local disk C called windows.old , is it safe to permanently delete that folder ?

3- every time a try to shutdown my computer i get this message :
( waiting for the programs in background to close
windows logon
force shutdown cancel )

and sorry if i wasn't clear but English is my second language .

A:3 problems after installing windows 7

In answer to number 2. If you do not need anything from your prior OS, you can delete windows.old. It is the backup of the old system.

Windows.old Folder - Delete

It is suggested that the best way to install 7, however, is a clean install and you would not have windows.old

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version[2]=General Tips

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/101083-3-problems-after-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I've been using Vista and recently performed a clean install of Windows 7, but after the installation I don't have network or USB mouse functionality. Everything I've looked at for help starts with "right click on Device Manager" or "Try downloading new drivers" but I can't do either one. I ran the Windows 7 compatibility application beforehand and everything checked out okay. Any ideas?

A:Problems after installing Windows 7

i suspect you need drivers for the network
can you post a screen shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device Manager

Please Post back the results in device manager as requested below

You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.
If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

how to access device manager for different windows versions
How do I get into Windows Device Manager?

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, see the menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

If the above does not work then

For Windows 7 or VistaClick on the Start Orb > In the Start Search box type > device manager and then press enter
or
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager
For Windows 8If you happen to be using a keyboard with Windows 8, the quickest way to open Device Manager is via its shortcut on the Power User Menu, accessible by pressing the WINDOW key and the X key together.
If on a touch screen - have a read here How To Open Device Manager in Windows 8 & 8.1 [Easy]
Once you are in device manager then navigate to:
network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices that are listed under network adapters
are there any yellow ! ? or a Xpost a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
For Windows XPHold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
For windows Vista or Windows 7you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
How to use the Windows Snipping Tool
For Windows 8you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
How to use the Windows Snipping Tool
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-after-installing-windows-7-a-942665.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm building my new pc, so I went out and bought a windows xp oem cd. I put it in and it starts a blue screen then lists what it is loading on the bottom. When it finally gets done it says on the bottom booting windows, then the BSOD comes up with this error code;
STOP: 0x0000007B
PC Specs;
Costom built
EVGA Nvidia 680i SLI motherboard
EVGA geforce 8800gtx
intel core 2 quad q6600
2 gig Patroit 6400
Ultra 550 watt psu
Seagate 500 IDE gig hard disk
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi
I am clean installing windows 7 RC x64 bit. It has done everything normally and gotten to the Completing Installation bit and will not move off!. It has been there for about 1 hour with the ..... still moving. What should i do?? Just wait??
AndrewCow

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-installing-problems-402438.html
Relevancy 45.15%

In order to make my computer boot from DVD, I had to disable my hard drive because even if I disabled it from the boot menu, it would not load the disk.

But when I finally just disabled the hard drive in the BIOS, it worked!...kind of, well, now I don't see my hard drive (I only have one) to install windows 7 on...

So I play around a bit and I find a cmd prompt through repair, anything I can do to turn it on from there?..

Help appreciated thanks!

A:Problems Installing Windows

No, you won't be able to re-enable the hard drive from a command prompt once the BIOS has handed off to the Operating System (installation disk in this case).

If you fill in your system specs, it will make it easier for others to make suggestions.

System specs might help us decide whether to advise trying to install from a USB flash drive, etc., if it simply won't boot the DVD drive with the hard drive enabled.
Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/24202-problems-installing-windows.html
Relevancy 45.15%

System either freezes or reboots. This morning screen was black. I have a feeling it doesnt like my nvidia driver. I tried loading new driver that nvidia recommended. When i tried to install it, it said driver not compatible. Gettings lots of errors related to invidia.
The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video1
Variable String to Large
720 errors in 2 days

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-after-installing-windows-ten.1170506/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi.

I'm having a lot of difficulty installing Windows on my new PC. I put in the XP CD and I get the following messages:
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent.
No bootable device -- inster boot disk and press any key
Thinking it maybe a problem with the CD, I try an old Windows98 SE CD, and get following message:
Invalid system disk
Replace the disk, and then press any key
I have also discovered what I think maybe another problem. I got a blutooth keyboard/mouse for the new PC, which I'm guessing will be useless until I have Windows installed. The new PC doesn't have a plug that'll fit my old keyboard (PS/2 I think its called?)

I'm stumped as to what the problem is, and would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

A:Problems installing Windows on new PC

Hi.
You are right, get a NORMAL keyboard and mouse. Setup you BIOS to boot from the CD. Make sure to select (or deselect in the boot tab) not to boot from network. some bios even require to disable the boot from the hard drive. It wants you to select (CD internal) or usb. If you are using external USB CD drive, you must enable it (in the BIOS) to boot from USB.
I hope it works for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-installing-windows-on-new-pc-221190.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok, so I am trying to install windows 7 by booting from usb, but when I do so, it loads the tools, then freezes at the starting windows screen.

Now what I noticed is that my usb ports seem to shut off for a few seconds then back on when booting, I think this may be the problem, but have no idea how to remedy it. Any solutions?

Relevancy 45.15%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium III processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R E Graphics Controller Microsoft Corporation Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corporation OptiPlex GX Antivirus PC Cleaner Pro Updated Problems SP3 installing xp pro Windows Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled Windows Automatic Updates won t install SP Get Problems installing Windows xp pro SP3 error code x D Asking for a path to ROM msi I couldn t find that program on this computer but when I searched for it on another computer this file came up microsoftoffice setup task This is a txt file I downloaded it onto a flashdrive filed it on my computer in quot my documents quot I also left the flashdrive in quot F quot drive Everytime auto updates tries to install it I get the same error code I applied Microsoft Mr Fixit but I still can quot t install SP I am a computer novice and just don t know what else to do PS I don t know where this PC Cleaner Pro Antivirus came from I have AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials which are listed on my programs Thank you Aspar Alp Arslan nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

The short story I m having problems installing windows xp The long story I ve installed windows xp problems xp windows installing on multiple machines and have never had this problem problems installing windows xp My boot sequence problems installing windows xp is as such cd-rom floppy hard drive So when the computer boots up I have the win xp cdrom in the drive and I quot press any key quot to begin windows setup Then I delete all partitions and create one partition GB then setup requires me to format with NTFS It gets to about then fails says the disk or drive could not be formatted disk drive may be damaged I thought the hard drive crashed so I bought another one and put that in same problem Seems like I m having a problem formatting with NTFS using the windows setup Another solution I tried was physically taking the drive out of the computer and setting it up as a slave drive in another computer Then I right clicked on my computer and went to manage gt drive management and setup and reformatted the partition and format there It completes no problem Then I put the hard drive back in the machine and instead of setting up the partition and format again I just use the existing one Windows copying files completes and it begins the windows xp install but it gets to quot installing windows quot and pops up a message quot fatal error quot quot one of the components that windows needs to continue setup could not be installed quot I also tried to boot up with windows floppy and then format c s however it wouldn t let me format that way Any options please help I just bought win xp and I don t want to have to go back to crummy windows Feel free to email me email protected Thanks in advance Matthew Steiner nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello, i have a big problem with my windows installation, the problem is, my little brother had a new computer and downloaded mass of malwares, viruses, and i cant get rid of them... (Anyprotect, Crossbrowser, Gamesdesktop, they are always reinstall themself, which is really annoying...) I ask your help, because i couldn't reinstall the windows, cause when i boot (my comp offers me 3 booting options, AHCI P0, AHCI P1, UEFI) my keyboard isn't working for some reason (yes, i enabled the Legacy USB Support), if you can help me how to get rid of the "viruses" or reinstall the windows please help. Thank you!

A:Windows 7 installing problems

here are the options I would consider:

1. system restore (provided you have a restore point)
2. run your antivirus and make sure all the virus files are dedeted

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/377471-windows-7-installing-problems.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I just did a full format on a 40 gig drive and now I am trying to install Windows XP. I am receiving the following error message:

Setup cannot copy the file: msacm32.dll

Is this because of a hardware problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Relevancy 45.15%

We have XP pro SP trying to do a new clean install on a new system specs are the following Epox pna Ultra Mobo updated BIOS already Lite ON DVDRW WD SATA gb NVidia LE PCIe Video card gb Corsair dual channel DDR x Operton OCZ w Powerstream Everything seems to go fine until we start the installation The CD will boot and start going through the loading and always freezes either on the Windows Setup or INTEL PCI IDE driver loading during the blue screen phase At this time the DVD rom will speed up then just stop Things we have done is I took out the SATA and replaced it with a good EIDE Maxtor gb drive That made no difference We switched out video cards with an old ATI that did not work We swiched out DVD drives with a known good one still nothing The first thing we did was update the bios but that made little difference We also tried puting the ram in one at a time and placing them in the different slots on the mobo with no success The CPU speed is fine and is not overheating at least according to the motherboard s health status in the bios The Heat sink is cool to the touch We have also tried using a different XP cd to see if that would help Nothing has so far I XP Installing Problems Windows m basically all out of Ideas We load the fail safes on the BIOS disabled every device and still nothing I was hoping someone here might have some better ideas as we are lost Thanks nbsp

A:Problems Installing Windows XP

Are you using an anti static wrist strap when you touch the motherboard? I hope so. Maybe you fried some component on the mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-installing-windows-xp.41427/
Relevancy 45.15%

I trying to run the windows xp cd and as soon as it says 'starting windows' I then get a blue screen with this particular header

Drvr_not_less_than_equal.
I currently running a temp motherboard in my computer (tyan trinity) while my motherboard is out for repair (Asus A71333).

The reason my motherboard is out for repair is that my power supply fried and probably gave the mobo a good jolt.

I don't recall the brand of ram I'm running. I believe it's apacer ??

Does this sound like a ram problem? Heat perhaps since my ambient temp is around 30C?

A:problems re-installing windows

You might want to check out the RAM with DocMemory: http://www.simmtester.com/PAGE/products/doc/docinfo.asp You put it on a floppy and boot with it. The “quick” check takes forever, so start with that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-re-installing-windows.91380/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey, I built two new computer for my mom's friend and in return he gave me his old computer. It's an AMD Athlon 1Ghz Gateway with 512MB of RAM. I'm trying to install WinXP Pro SP2 on it and I'm not having any luck. It hangs during setup. (Very beginning when Windows loads all the needed files)

Anyone know what the problem is?

A:Having problems with Installing Windows

Possibly an admin feature. SP-2 won't install unless you are logged in as an administrator. Then again maybe something else, but this one is common. Good Luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/having-problems-with-installing-windows-40324.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Dear Sir,

I Have two pc one is laptop one is desktop my problem i can inistal windows7 ultimat 32 bit into my laptop but when i going to inistal to my desktop 1st i put the dvd into drive then i press any key to boot the dvd after windows is loading file then starting windows after that display blank i had replaced my dvd drive, format all partition remove vga card then connect into board but same problem i can inistal by this way 1st inistal windows xp then put the windows7 dvd to drive then open the my computer then open dvd drive this way can inistal i am asking so many technicaian no body cudint find out this problem so pls help me to solve this problem

Thanks
Shabee

A:Windows 7 installing Problems

I am taking it that you are writing your post from the notebook in your posted Specs.

Can you post the specs, for the desktop you are working on.
Filling out System Specs
Dont Know What Hardware You Have..??
VistaForums SysInfo Tool - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/162263-windows-7-installing-problems.html
Relevancy 45.15%

So I just got a new motherboard and ram. Got a old hard drives from other system and i am trying to install windows 7 again off of a usb drive. When ever I try to boot of off my usb the cursor just blinks for ever.
Any suggestions

Specs
MSI 970 gaming motherboard
Corsiar Vengeance 8gb 1 stick
Amd Athlon II X2 235e
Asus gtx GeForce 750ti
Ask if you need other details 

A:Installing Windows 7 Problems

Doesn't sound like the USB installer was created correctly. try again using Rufus.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618088/installing-windows-7-problems/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello new to the forum For years I windows installing 7 Problems thought I should Problems installing windows 7 join a windows forum so I did I hope this does Problems installing windows 7 not turn into a rant I m not sure what I hope to get out of this thread hopefully I m not the only one having weird problems during installs I recently built up a new HTPC I included most of the components in my registration st off I did get a clean install but it took time to do it The st install went pretty much ok I had some driver issues but after installing mobo updates it was good I changed my mind on the build and had to order some more hardware the main thing was a Gps HD Using Acronis true image I made a total of backups I figure when I get the new computer assembled I could restore the image Well that didn t work It went though the process and it took an extraordinary long time hours generally less than min Each time it got to the windows is preparing your desktop and no farther tried times So it prompted me to nd install it was a little glitchy had to redo the drivers a few times It wasn t until the next day after I was completely done that I realized my Power DVD did not work it would start to play but would become unresponsive and have to force closed I could have reinstalled PDVD but with the other issues I had I wanted a clean install I had no idea where the error began so I did the rd install After I got all the basic programs and software updates I installed PDVD and tested that it worked and it did I was wise to create a restore point It was very late so I left it doing a big widows update updates The next day today PDVD was whacked again So I used the restore point and restored it to pre updates and PDVD was working again I continued to install each program checking PDVD and creating a restore point each time I got all my software installed and it was still working but I realized I had not turned off the automatic updates and the were there for the next shut down So I let it all install and it worked after the restart PDVD still played So I did my final setup process I do It s a way for me to manage all my different tb external drives I use to hold my BD backups I assign each a specific letter So if I plug say an M drive it comes up as the M drive Yes each is labeled The other thing I do and this is a kind of anal but in properties of the recycle bin I increase the size of each to the max It might prevent an accidental deletion So as I was right clicking the recycle bin I accidentally left clicked it and the window was kind of froze so I right clicked it and now it definitely was froze After a couple of minutes I rebooted Then completed the install So I went out to watch a movie and bask in the glory of getting er done and PDVD was whacked again So I went back to the last restore point before the HD letter assignment and it works again So apparently I have to be ready to restore a backup if something gets stuck These are the kind of things that do go wrong and people who have Macs say never happens to them Sorry for the rant

A:Problems installing windows 7

You were correct to let Auto Updates run before doing anything else. Win7 is driver-complete in the installer and via optional Windows Updates when you enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3). This is not XP. You don't even interact with drivers in Win8, which uses advances made in Win7.

Only if your wireless or ethernet driver is not provided do you need to supply it to get online to do Updates. Only after all Important and Optional Updates are completed should you import any drivers still missing in Device manager, from the Support Downloads webpage for the model PC or device.

There are other Best Practices here based on helping with tens of thousands of installs here over the years. I also cannot remember anyone mentioning PDVD before so it may be problematic. Most functions needed are built into Media Center or WMP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/267250-problems-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I bought my sony vaio VGN-CS31S/W from UK last year with pre installed Windows Vista. I installed Windows 7 last month. But I am facing some problems now with this model:
1. The touchpad volume keys on the keyboard are not functioning.
2. While typing anything, the cursor automatically jumps to other place. Some keypad buttons are not functioning properly as they were with win-vista as while typing sometimes the whole line gets erased. Some symbols on the keys are not working.
3. The webcam companion is not working.

Please suggest me the needful. I dont have much knowledge about the softwares and driver installation related to this.

Thanks

A:Problems related to VGN-CS31S/W (WIndows Vista) after installing Windows 7

Make sure you have Windows 7 drivers installed -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computin...-CS31S_W&os=10

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-related-to-vgn-cs31s-w-windows-vista-after-installing-windows-7-a-533194.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have just bought myself a new computer which came without windows installed. I installed windows xp home edition and after the install all looked fine. The next day when i came to boot-up my pc a blue screen message appeared saying there was a problem with windows. I gave me the option to start in safe mode, last known good configuration, or normally. Which ever one i chose it just restarted the pc and the same message appeared. I have tried re-installing windows again but the same problem happens.

Also, i originally tried to load XP professional but that would not install at all, a blue screen appeared saying error had occurred.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 44.72%

So here is the story thus far- I installed windows on an old vaio desktop a PCV-RS CG The installation went swimmingly and things seemed to be great It autodetected my audio and installed the right drivers the ethernet worked right off the get go and I was getting pretty excited Then it came to the video driver I went to the vaio esupport website and found the correct driver for this model of desktop Unfortunately the ati radeon XP drivers ended up in an error that said quot try to set up your display adapter with a standard vga quot or something along those lines At this point i'm sort of at a old Vaio installing windows 7 on Problems loss I tried installing the catalyst install manager and really had no idea what the hell it was I couldn't even run it I may have just missed something Problems installing windows 7 on old Vaio obvious I'm fairly saavy with computers so feel free Problems installing windows 7 on old Vaio to shoot anything at me and hopefully I can follow along Here is the link to my desktops esupport website - http esupport sony com US perl swu mdl PCVRS CG hopefully that clears up any questions if anyone needed some more info Long time lurker new poster Cheers everyone

A:Problems installing windows 7 on old Vaio

Try posting over in the Video Card forums for assistance with this:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f24/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-installing-windows-7-on-old-vaio-425130.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok so this problem has been irking me for months preventing me from using my new computer rig. Anyways when installing windows 8 while going to select the hard drive the error "we can't create a partition or locate an existing one" I've tried the method where you enter the repair my computer section and go into command prompt but each time I try the command "CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY" I get one of two errors either a cyclic redundancy check error or a request could not be preformed I/O error please help.

A:Problems installing windows 8 (particularly formatting)

hello ,and welcome to eightforums ,hopefully someone will/can help you with the issue ,but lets first start with filling in your system specs so helpers wont have to ask what you are using ,check link for a how to on adding system specs ,good luck .

System Spec - Fill In Your EightForums System Spec

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/59833-problems-installing-windows-8-particularly-formatting.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Guys I am having some problems with my computer running Windows XP When I boot up my computer it automatically searches for a driver that I am not sure what it is looking for and it always fails saying that it Windows Installing Drivers Having Xp Problems cannot find the correct one I just put a new SD card reader and when I put it in the same problem arises it won t automatically install the drivers for me and it comes back and fails I will attach my hijackthis log below I Windows Xp Having Problems Installing Drivers m not really sure what it is for but I know last time I posted here they had me post it So I will save myself some time and put it now Thanks in advance Craig Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Windows Xp Having Problems Installing Drivers MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Apache bin httpd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files PokerOffice bin javaw exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Apache bin httpd exeC Program Files MySQL bin mysqld-nt exeC WINDOWS system oodag exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exeC Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files HiJackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exeO - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXEO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run POEngine quot C Program Files PokerOffice POEngine exe quot C Program Files PokerOfficeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run STYLEXP C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe -HideO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Prog... Read more

A:Windows Xp Having Problems Installing Drivers

You need to go to the HijackThis forum and post there. Do the "read me" first
Now pertaining to your problem, go into Device Manager and search for any yellow exclamation points by anything
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100422/windows-xp-having-problems-installing-drivers/