Windows Support Forum

HP 530 Notebook PC not booting

Q: HP 530 Notebook PC not booting

Hi!

So my laptop can't boot...or it can't even get the power on, the "power" / "charging" light blinks 8 times and nothing...

where can I find some instructions or do someone know what's the problem?

thx

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP 530 Notebook PC not booting

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, Sorry if this is in the wrong area but I have a Acer Travelmate C110 tablet notebook which when I try to boot from CD to reinstall Windows, it just skips booting the CD. I think it tries to read it because I can hear the drive whirring but then it just goes to Windows. I have tried the system disk which boots fine but the WinXP disks don't boot. I'm not sure if this may be the problem but because this notebook doesn't have a CD drive built in, i'm using an external USB DVD/RW drive. Any help?

Relevancy 50.74%

My notebook pc is not booting. This pc's caps lock is blinking. What should I do?

A:My notebook pc in not booting.

Hi,          Check the sequence of the caps lock light blinking and you can relate it to one issues listed in the below link http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01732674

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-notebook-pc-in-not-booting/td-p/5713509
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello evryone. I have a little problem and I don't know what's wrong!

I have a HP Compaq nx9010. When I turn it on it does the 'check', meaning the fans fo on the cd light blinks but thats where it stops. It doesnt show the boot screen nothing.

I need some help A.S.A.P. PLEASE

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a HP Notebook, and whenever I turn it on the HP logo turns on, but after several seconds the screen goes blank and then then returns to the logo, and so on. I tried everything, removing the battery, turning it on/off, closing the screen, recovering BIOS, etc. PS. It used the Windows 10 operating system. PSS. On the BIOS It only has the Security, System Configuration, Exit and Main options, it somehow does not include Diagnostics so I can run a test, and I can't update BIOS if I cant reach window. I would really appreciate it if you could reply as soon as possible. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Notebook-not-turning-on-booting-up/td-p/5753802
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a year old low-end Compaq notebook that has recently stopped booting Fans come on hard drive spins lights shine but no image I ve tried all the usual steps reseating the ram connecting to a known from non-booting backup Best HDD way notebook? to working monitor via VGA port to see if it s a screen Best way to backup HDD from non-booting notebook? problem etc Nothing worked so I m going to send the laptop in for repair Before I can do that however I need to backup the data on my hard drive which I m reasonably certain is not the problem part HP Compaq tech support recommended this product for use in backing up my data bucks seems a bit steep for what is essentially a hard drive adapter however and I was wondering if there was a better cheaper product Best way to backup HDD from non-booting notebook? out there something that Best way to backup HDD from non-booting notebook? might be available at a local shop or if there was a more efficient way to backup a notebook hard drive Thanks in advance Also as an aside anyone have an idea what a repair like this might run me It s a low end laptop and I m a bit afraid that this might be a problem with the graphics hardware Which since I have integrated graphics probably means replacing the entire motherboard I can totally see this costing me more than the price of a new equivalent machine gt lt nbsp

A:Best way to backup HDD from non-booting notebook?

That is the average price the only other thing I could suggest is try hooking it up to your desktop computer but I'm not sure if the SATA connectors are different sizes.

It would cost just as much to replace the motherboard as it would be to purchase a laptop. To get HP to repair would be about $400

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-way-to-backup-hdd-from-non-booting-notebook.692645/
Relevancy 50.31%

I've had my notebook for a little over a year. Yesterday evening I decided to defrag my notebook for the second time. It took about 3-4 hours. This evening I rebooted my computer and the screen went blank. I rebooted several times and still has a black screen. I am thinking it might be the video card. I need some advice. Thank you.

A:BsOD when booting notebook

I don't understand the Poll
Both answers can be applicable

BSOD can happen on BootUp drivers/Services or When running Windows Drivers/Services

It makes no difference. The point is you have a BSOD fault.

Also your question (relating ONLY to you)
Probably needs abit more info
Ie your System Specs put into your User Profile
What Video Card?
What Windows version
Have you got Antivirus installed? Is it updated ? And scanned?

The real question is, How do you remove that silly Poll ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-when-booting-notebook.98789/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have an HP Pavilion Notebook dv tx running Vista which whenever i turn Notebook Pavilion HP Not Booting it on switches on the led lights the fan moves for a few seconds then everything stops with the screen remaining black The LED lights stay on the computer just won t boot into the BIOS It is not a battery problem and I have tried reseating the RAM This all occured after the computer suddenly died while booted then after starting to boot back into windows afterwards died while loading Vista It has not displayed anything on the HP Pavilion Notebook Not Booting screen since Specs INTEL CORE DUO T GHZ MB L HP Pavilion Notebook Not Booting CACHE MHZ FSB GB DDR RAM GB X GB RPM HDD INCH WXGA X BRIGHTVIEW DISPLAY BLU-RAY ROM WITH SUPERMULTI DVD -RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE NVIDIA GEFORCE M GS WITH MB DEDICATED VIDEO MEMORY INTEGRATED GIGABIT LAN INTEGRATED A G N WLAN INTEGRATED BLUETOOTH K MODEM INTEGRATED AUDIO INTEGRATED WEBCAM -IN- DIGITAL MEDIA READER X USB PORTS X FIREWIRE PORT X HDMI PORT Thanks in advance to any help received nbsp

A:HP Pavilion Notebook Not Booting

Nice machine and configuration.
I would first try removing two memory modules, and attempting a boot with the third.. then if that doesn't work, change modules until you have tried all three.
It is difficult to trouble-shoot a machine like that... but we are seeing a LOT of ealy failures in the large laptops hard drives from 250 GB to 500 GB, so suspect that your hard drive might be bad. A good test would be to try any other known good hard drive from 80 GB on up to 500 GB... can you borrow one, then try to format and install it.
If still dead when you change memory and hard drive, it is time to get it back to HP for warranty work.
Anything you do that is not memory and not a hard drive will void your warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-notebook-not-booting.134102/
Relevancy 50.31%

My mothers notebook stopped working while she was away for a week. When she returned it would not boot up. A tech guy said it was her hard drive so I replaced it and it still is not booting up. When I turn it on I hear a low sound for a few seconds and then nothing. I put the Toshiba recovery disk in the Dvd drive and it powers up, but nothing happens. Thanks for your help. Here are the specs:

P205-S6307
Operating System
• Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium(32-bit version)
Processor and Chipset3
• Intel® Pentium® dual-core processor T2130
o 1.83GHz, 1MB L2, 533MHz FSB
• Mobile Intel® 943GML Express Chipset

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a HP Notebook, and whenever I turn it on the HP logo turns on, but after several seconds the screen goes blank and then then returns to the logo, and so on. I tried everything, removing the battery, turning it on/off, closing the screen, recovering BIOS, etc. PS. It used the w#Windows 10 operating system. PSS. On the BIOS It only has the Security, System Configuration, Exit and Main options, it somehow does not include Diagnostics so I can run a test, and I can't update BIOS if I cant reach window. I would really appreciate it if you could reply as soon as possible. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Notebook-not-turning-on-booting-up/td-p/5753801
Relevancy 50.31%

When I try to start-up my HP Notebook, the machine itself turns on, but nothing happens afterward. The hard disk light flashes around four or five times, and the DVD drive clicks once (as it always does when I boot up normally), but there's absolutely no activity afterwards. The problem started when the notebook suddenly froze during use a few days ago, and since then i've been able to boot up windows in safe mode only once (the computer froze about five minutes later), and from then on, the notebook's been dead after booting up. How 2 fix?

A:Notebook hangs after booting up

When I try to start-up my HP Notebook, the machine itself turns on, but nothing happens afterward. The hard disk light flashes around four or five times, and the DVD drive clicks once (as it always does when I boot up normally), but there's absolutely no activity afterwards. The problem started when the notebook suddenly froze during use a few days ago, and since then i've been able to boot up windows in safe mode only once (the computer froze about five minutes later), and from then on, the notebook's been dead after booting up. How 2 fix?Hi Mikeperhaps,When you?re booting are you plugged in or running on battery? When you booted in Safe Mode, did any notifications come up before your computer froze? The problem, from the sound of it, could be a couple different things.Get back to me on those, and we can move forward.Cheers,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219721/notebook-hangs-after-booting-up/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm having problem with my HP Pavilion laptop. When I first got it which is 3 days ago it was fine. But somehow it didn't boot up suddenly. Blank screen, no led indicators, nothing. The battery indicator did light up when I connect the charger suggesting that the battery is fine. When I press the power button it does nothing. The power button did lights up though. I did try leaving it just to see if it actually going to boot and it does, but only after 4 hours. But now it just won't boot. Please help. I can't send it for warranty until next week since I'm away. Thanks in advance.

A:HP Pavilion notebook is not booting

I forgot to tell that I have tried all available method like hard reset. Didn't do anything for me. P.S. -My laptop has non-removable battery.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-notebook-is-not-booting/td-p/5742441
Relevancy 50.31%

After a clean up by tech expert who removed messenger (duplicate) from msconfig and one thing from start up menu,
I installed the latest windows updates. First restart was fine.

Next time I rebooted and heard two beeps after I saw the desktop icons. Rebooted.
Heard one beep. Still hear that beep. Google suggests one beep is normal but I'm not used to beeps.

Old laptop but upgraded with six month old hard disc and drivers by toshiba experts.
Had AVG. Installed microsoft essentials after beep (made no difference).

Am I in trouble or is this fine? Programmes work well. (Famous last words?)

A:Notebook beeps while booting up

Hi

Notebook beeps while booting because it runs the POST (power on self test)
This is a usual procedure and nothing unusual.
If you mean this beeps then you should not be worried about that? this is ok

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?59776-Notebook-beeps-while-booting-up
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey everyone After spending days trying to solve my HP Notebook problems with no success i turn to you people for help Firstly - Vista lags quite a bit Is this normal When i play games there is a slight mouse delay and it lags more than XP also general naviation is just somewhat Notebook Dual-Booting on HP Issues slow and laggy Second - I somehow managed to get the dual boot working - that s not the issue The problem is i still cannot find the XP drivers for my laptop - it is a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC DV with Vista Premium bit and i need audio drivers for my Conexant speakers and drivers Dual-Booting Issues on HP Notebook for my Wireless i have the wlan Dual-Booting Issues on HP Notebook hp assistant but it says disabled by device manager and the light is still orange My wireless is not using an Atheros it is Broadcom AG i have tried so many drivers for it but none of them work I also need the Quick Play driver but im not fussed about that Also is it normal that a Geforce m would lag when playing a game such as Warcraft I tried to play DotA online but it lags not internet lag but video card lag My Notebook specs are as follows Dual-Booting Issues on HP Notebook - AMD Turion X TL- ghz Multiprocessor GB Ram Nvidia MCP M Geforce M and GB HD I would love any help as I just got this laptop a few days ago and it might might not be worth the trouble Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Dual-Booting Issues on HP Notebook

I am using the 7150m and it seems to lag with alot of games. I downloaded 3rd party Video drivers and it seems to help. http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers/vista/177.98

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-booting-issues-on-hp-notebook.765488/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am having trouble booting up. I have used safemode, enabled VGA, last good configuration and it all starts great but then freezes giving me a blank screen. Not sure what happend. Can anyone please help. Thanks

A:Aspireone notebook booting issues

I am not sure how the battery access is on the Aspire One but if you can remove the main battery detach it and unplug the computer if the power brick is attached. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the battery and attach the power brick. Try booting. 

It's possible the file system has been corrupted by a failing drive. You can boot a linux based disk to do hard drive diagnostics if the computer can boot from a USB flash drive. The computer has no optical drive, correct? 

How much RAM does this computer have? Do you have a model number for the Aspire One?

You can use Rufus with an iso of UBCD to check your hard drive. Seatools for DOS is available in the HDD section or you can start Parted Magic from the UBCD menu and at the desktop select Disk Health. Do the short and long tests.

Rufus Instructions:
Run Rufus with the USB flash drive attached. Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS and UEFI. Leave all boxes as checked. Where FreeDos is shown in the dropdown box select iso image, click the icon, and browse to the UBCD iso file. Press Start. Any data on the flash drive will need to be backed up as the drive will be formatted.

You can use Parted Magic on the UBCD disk to recover any data to a USB flash drive or USB external drive.

http://fixit.litten.com/linuxfilecopy.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632029/aspireone-notebook-booting-issues/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi at all First apologize for my bad english I have a problem with my notebook Acer yesterday I try to boot it after one year that I don't use it The screen goes immediately white and press all of the key booting Seven - Windows Problem Notebook seems to be useless If I connect it to an external monitor I can see that Windows goes to a crash black error Windows failed to start A recent hardware of software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your windows installation disc and restart computer Choose your language settings and then click Next Click Repair your computer If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File Windows system config system Status xc f Info Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt I try to reboot the notebook starting from cd Windows Seven pro but if I try to format the HD or to repair Problem booting Notebook - Windows Seven the installation after two minutes of work the monitor's screen from white comes black and the external monitor going to sleep Pressing all of the key is useless and is also useless try to turn of the pc with the ac botton I try yo change HD but the result is the same Somebody can help me please Thank you very much

A:Problem booting Notebook - Windows Seven

Maybe it has something to do with the long time between using it.
Try to first fully charge the laptop and then retry
If charging won;t succeed, remove the battery pack and use mains power and retry. In that case your battery may be broken.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528205/problem-booting-notebook-windows-seven/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I tried updating the BIOS of my Sony Vaio CS-17G notebook to the latest updates given at the Sony Support Website.

Everything went fine, got message 'BIOS updated successfully', 'Press OK to shut down.'

Pressed ok & now nothing's okay. The system is not booting up!

Tried the following troubleshooting, but no luck;
1) Pressing F2 & F8 keys.
2) Disconnected the AC Adapter, removed the battery & pressed the power button for 60secs.

Pls assist.

A:Notebook not booting up after BIOS update

Still under warranty?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-not-booting-up-after-bios-update.909030/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I got an old Dell Inspiron E here I got a fake AVG popping up a trojan TR ATRAPS Gen a few days ago I tried to remove it on safe mode but in vain I must have deleted something accidentally while the notebbook was in safe mode Now my notebook just keeps booting repeatedly It started with the Dell Dell and BIOS Revision A then the blue strip showing Dell and loading pbr for descriptor done And it went into this vicious booting cycle I can't get into the safe mode or any of the options F can offer as whatever I choose it goes into the booting cycle I downloaded Recovery Console on CD I don't have any Window XP CD or Dell Recovery CD but the freaking computer does not want to run on DVD CD mode using F I am at booting. on or run notebook My mode keeps safe CD use Can't loss now as I got a few Mathematics and Chemistry programs I use it regularly for my PhD thesis Please help Please also be patient with me as my knowledge on computer is below average Thanks a million GHSC

A:My notebook keeps booting. Can't use safe mode or run on CD

Best think to do mate is flatten and start a fresh copy of XP sounds like the virus has infected most of your C drive files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-notebook-keeps-booting-cant-use-safe-mode-or-run-on-cd-595653.html
Relevancy 49.02%

When i tried to switch on my hp compaq nc8430 notebook i pressed f10 button and made some changes in boot options. Then after saving those change i start my notebook. First it shows hp logo, then it shows a window that shows as "we apologise for the inconvenience caused, but windows did mot start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused '. In that page i click on the option " start windows Normally ". Then it shows windows logo but after a few seconds it shows a blue screen and suddenly retuning to the same page as "Windows did not start successfully".. What happens to my notebook.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-hp-notebook-compaq-nc8430-is-not-booting-Windows-is-not/td-p/5707615
Relevancy 49.02%

Sir my notebook not starting. Only power button is blinking. A few days back I shut the system while it was updating

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Notebook-not-booting-but-power-button-is-blinking/td-p/5801504
Relevancy 49.02%

Last night I had my laptop connected not down. G60-445DX PC after booting HP shut Notebook forced to my phone's mobile hotspot so I could get online and put in applications and listen to some music I got a couple phone calls which disconnected the hotspot and when I reactivated it I couldn't open the network connections window on the laptop to make sure it was connected However I knew it was because I was still able to access the internet Finally when I went to bed I closed the laptop putting it into sleep mode Now after waking up and opening it I still couldn't HP G60-445DX Notebook PC not booting after forced shut down. open the network window it told me to restart to finalize updates which I told it to postpone none of the programs I had up Windows Media Player Mozilla Firefox and a file folder for the music I was listening to would close down and when I told the computer to shut down it wouldn't HP G60-445DX Notebook PC not booting after forced shut down. So I did a HP G60-445DX Notebook PC not booting after forced shut down. forced shut down by pressing and holding the power button Now when I go to turn it back on all I get is a black screen and the wifi button is orange Nothing else happens What is going on and how do I fix it Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-G60-445DX-Notebook-PC-not-booting-after-forced-shut-down/td-p/5823353
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys, I wonder if anybody has encountered this problem.

When I boot/reboot my system, the windows logo and the bar below it shows...after that it shows a blue page with a Windows XP logo on the top right and a text below it saying "Please wait............."

And it takes a very long time before it brings you to the Login page. It usually takes 20 to 30 minutes before the login page shows up.

Does someone know what this issue is? Please help. Thanks in advance!

- bigmakoy

A:Problem with Booting my WinXP Home Notebook

That was what I had in mind. I thought it was doing a chkdsk but it doesnt show anything after the "Please Wait......" line.

It automatically brings you to the login page after a long time.

Thanks for the quick reply Rick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-booting-my-winxp-home-notebook.38827/
Relevancy 49.02%

Can a HP Notebook AY503TX supports UEFI Boot?Because i am going to do more than 4 primary partitions and hence i need GPT partition scheme. Hence does these model support UEFI booting?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Can-HP-NoteBook-AY703TX-supports-UEFI-Booting/td-p/5835167
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all.
My Samsung Notebook 300e has decided to stop booting.
I have tried to start it with the Samsung recovery solution 5 But it just goes to a please wait screen and nothing happens.
If I select any form of safe mode, it will load the files and then go to a black screen with some writing along the top - Windows Version Build: 7601 SP1 Safe Mode. And the cursor appears, but nothing else will load.
I have tried restarting dozens of times with every different option. Any ideas?
Thanks
ndonaldson2912

A:Laptop not booting - Win7 OA - Samsung Notebook

I think my first step would be to check out the hard drive using either diagnostics built into the bios or a bootable CD with something like Seatools for DOS. If the drive is on it's way out all other attempts to boot or repair are ultimately futile and it's time to get started on file recovery.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606977/laptop-not-booting-win7-oa-samsung-notebook/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi the notebook of my wife entcounters problems when booting Seems like ony part of Windows is started Make of Notebook Notebook Booting Ed. / Prem. W7 Home has Problems Samsung Samsung NP Samsung Notebook has Booting Problems / W7 Prem. Home Ed. E A from nameplate no additional hardware except mouse of course - OS Windows Premium Home Edition Automatic update enabledVirus Protection WSE but I do not know when the last scan took place My wife does not do much on the internet Problem When starting the computer the boot option screen appeares for the shutdown was not done properly before see below Starting 'Normal mode' Stratup procedure seems normal maybe a little slow but this might well be a deception The buttons in the bottom bar is that the navigation bar not so sure about the terminology however are not responding to moese-action Clicking the start button should open the menu but only a tiny white space appears I'd guess by pixel above the button Clicking an icon say adobe reader this prog starts but it seems all windows-input is gone No directory no file selection no menu bar just a stripped version of it After some time the screen deteriorates and the computer crashes to a BSOD But this does not last long enough for me to take note of the information there Could not make out how to start Windows Explorer Starting safe modeOccasionally I managed to have windows explorer opened but the view is much reduced in size size of a postal stamp Whenever a window could be openes it looks that all the text messages button texts were missing What I did From anothe rthread in this forum i got the idea of removing and reinserting the battery - to no avail Same result from starting in safe mode with networking and sutting down from there Any help would be appreciated Norbert

A:Samsung Notebook has Booting Problems / W7 Prem. Home Ed.

I'm not clear on this, can you boot into Safe Mode?

By tapping the F8 key immediately after pressing the power button you will open the Advanced Boot Options where you can choose the Safe Mode.  Another option there is Last Known Good Configuration, if you can get to the Advanced Boot Options click on that option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492943/samsung-notebook-has-booting-problems-w7-prem-home-ed/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello there. I have a dv7 notebook with Win 7 Home Premium installed on it. Everything is running fine, except a couple of days ago the notebook began to take too damn long to boot up when restarting or just when powering it on.

I noticed it gets "stuck" on a black screen, just like a blank DOS screen, for about 2 minutes before booting up Windows.

I have tried downloading new BIOS from HP website, resetting the BIOS settings, changing the boot order but nothing really works. It always stays on the black screen for around two minutes and then Windows boots up normally. No text is shown, nothing at all.

Does anyone has any clues on what it could be?

Thanks!!!

A:Notebook stuck for 2 mins on black screen before booting up

You may have a driver problem.

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode? If your computer starts OK then, we can start investigating why it's not starting normally.

To get into Safe Mode tap the F8 key at startup. In case you're wondering, when you run in Safe Mode you're not loading drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/227941-notebook-stuck-2-mins-black-screen-before-booting-up.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Greetings,

My almost 3 year old Asus X52 F3SV Notebook suddenly froze and shut itself down today. It will not boot past the 'Asus' logo screen. The furthest it got was 'loading windows', but quickly rebooted once that screen showed up.
It has been running quite hot lately, but i cleaned the fan out last weekend, and it had been running without problem since then.
I'm running Windows Vista Premium, with no other real problems until now, with up to date windows updates and regular Spybot and anti-virus scans.
There were random multicoloured lines running through the Asus screen on the first reboot after freezing. Could it be my graphics card? (Nvidia 8600m). I did not hear any crackling/popping sounds, so I really hope it's not dead yet.
I've looked around these forums, but couldn't find a similar problem/solution.

Thank you.

A:Asus x52 F3SV notebook not booting past Asus screen

Try running Bios defaults

This settings area can be called:
Bios Setup
CMOS Settings
System Setup
even just Setup
You can enter it by pressing the keyboard key that is displayed on your screen when first turning on your computer
Its sometimes:
A Fn Button like F1, or F2, or F10 or some other Fn key
DEL key
(whatever the computer states on screen when you first turn on your computer)
Once in Bios Setup, locate Setup Defaults (sometimes called Optimized Defaults)
Apply it, then Save and Exit Bios Settings (which is usually F10, but it will tell you in the Bios Settings screen)

If that doesn't help try reming and re-seating your Ram cards (even your hard drive)
You can download your Manual to find the locations of these components, but they are usually located under the laptop, under the covers

If it is your Video card (onboard) then that was be a big concern
You may need to locate the disassemble guide online, then blow out all internal dust

It may also require a CheckDisk scan
You can read HERE on how to do that outside Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x52-f3sv-notebook-not-booting-past-asus-screen.138116/
Relevancy 38.27%

A problem has recently developed with my Envy notebook nbsp nbsp About weeks ago my entire wireless network began slowing down when on it nbsp nbsp Noticeable on all devices nbsp nbsp nbsp When my provider came out checked and tweaked some issues it appeared to be ok nbsp nbsp I went on with my daughers HP laptop and was drawing - mbps all over the house nbsp When I reconnected mine to the system I was only pulling up and down nbsp nbsp It doesn't start right dow... sucks 7260 - ENVY w/intel Notebook notebook - m7-k111dx away but after a few minutes nbsp nbsp So I put my duaghers right next ot mine and low and behold when I ran her's it pulled - also nbsp nbsp So I turned my wi-fi off and hers' popped right back up nbsp nbsp I have also tried this with an old XP mini my i-pads etc nbsp nbsp As soon as mine gets on the network the speed crashes nbsp nbsp nbsp This also happens with no one else home and no other devies conncted nbsp I have downloaded the latest up to date Intel driver for this network adapter and it hasn't changed anything nbsp Any ideas ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

A:ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

Bill_Ving Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about wireless networking poor performance and wanted to help. My immediate guess is that you might have mixed-mode networking going on.  This happens when you have two different PCs networking in two different modes -- one using "G", the other using "N".  The wireless router (or access point) can optimize performance for either mode, but not for both.  So, the "G" mode drags down the performance of the "N" mode PC, but even worse, with the router set for mixed modes, it performs more slowly than with either PC connected by itself.Here are some other troubleshooting steps you can try: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8) | HP® Customer SupportGood Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/ENVY-Notebook-m7-k111dx-w-intel-7260-notebook-sucks-down/td-p/5591130
Relevancy 37.84%

The hinge on my much-loved Notebook has become 'loose'. Can I find repair help locally? Baltimore,  MD area. What is the correct term(s) to use to describe the problem? 

A:TouchSmart Notebook TV notebook swivel hinge repair?

https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hp%20service%20center... You can tell them that the hinges are loose 

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/TouchSmart-Notebook-TV-notebook-swivel-hinge-repair/td-p/5629497
Relevancy 37.84%

I made a Google notebook to keep the minutes of a meeting my business partners and I held last weekend. I made them all collaborators on the notebook so they could all make any changes or annotations they felt necessary. However, when they go to access this notebook they are prompted for a password.

There is nowhere (at least that I can find) to even choose to password protect the notebook let alone change the password. I'm pretty confused as to what password the notebook could be. The only thing I can think of is that it's asking for the password to my gmail account, which I don't really want to be handing out. Any ideas on this one gang?

Stink

A:Why do Google notebook collaborators need a password to access the notebook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-google-notebook-collaborators-need-a-password-to-access-the-notebook.691569/
Relevancy 37.41%

New here and so I hope that I am posting in the correct place My new notebook an M -MX was in the warranty depot as we thought it had a dvd burning problem however that was not the case it was the media Anyway before it was sent into the toshiba warranty depot the level tech phone support said to get the computer to be like it was when I unboxed it days earlier new and old with now notebook ghost problems?? notebook Ghosted this was last month And so to my frustration all of my programs were removed however before doing this the software techie at the office Ghosted it to my Western Digital Storage Unit and then sent it off to the Warranty Depot While it was in the shop I used my yr old toshiba satellite which I am now typing on at this moment I was finally able to get the software tech from the office to reGhost my new toshiba new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? M on this past Saturday and left it with him for a couple of hrs and then returned to pick it up as there was not much in the way of programs on it and so it wouldn t take long to Ghost the Images back Well in my Western Digital Storage unit are Ghosts of this year old satellite that I am presently using After the techie new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? got my Restore Disk installed and tried to reGhost the image onto the New M it crashed He was using the wrong Ghost he new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? was using the one that was from this unit I was not happy especially after he claimed that he now had it Ghosted with the proper Image and I tried it out and it was very sloooooow to Boot He said it was my Norton I keep a log and had brought it with me and showed him how long the Boots took before it was sent off to the Warranty Depot with all the few programs that I had installed on it He had been doing other work and coming back to my unit while it was Ghosting and when it was finished I also asked him to plug in my gig SanDisk flashdrive and he went into My Computer and clicked on the drive and it simply hung there with the Timer showing Needless to say I am not happy and am wondering if the fact that he Ghosted the wrong image from my year old Satellite on it could have done any damage He said he would call me this AM and hasn t so I left a message with him I used my USB SanDisk before and there were no problems now he is trying to tell me that this drive has a peculiar install program that can cause problems I googled for it and found nothing I talked to the computer retailer a small outlet that I frequent and they indicated that it is simply plug and play Why the tech mentioned a problematic install program is beyond me as all i was trying to do was read the contents Is there a possibility that this notebook has been damaged by trying to Ghost this satellite to it He did do a full disc system restore the second time he did the Ghost Imaging however the computer is acting SlOOOOOOOOw to boot the SanDisk simply hangs there with the timer showing I would appreciate any comments as I am frustrated as to what is going on here I mean I would assume a techie would label the Ghost image with a name so that he knew which computer it belongs to Thankyou for your time nbsp

A:new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems??

Something you might want to try (it's a pita) is a repair of windows - this may fix some of the slowness issues you're seeing. The install program he's talking about is probably the U3 component of many larger USB pen drives. I think it's on most of Sandisk's newer large drives. A repair of windows might also take care of this. I seriously doubt that putting the wrong image on the machine and then putting another image on could do any damage to the machine itself - the folks here at my job do it all the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-notebook-ghosted-with-old-notebook-ghost-and-now-problems.59864/
Relevancy 37.41%

My wife has a two-year-old Samsung notebook. Recently when she unplugged it the machine cut off, even though the battery said 79% charged (it wouldn't charge any further). I figured that the battery was bad so I bought another one from Amazon.

This one charges to 100% percent and does exactly the same thing. I'm perplexed but think there's something going on with the motherboard that won't let it use battery juice, even if Windows 8.1 says it's 100% charged.

I've tried the hold the power button down for 1 min with the battery out trick to no avail.

Any ideas? I'm stumped and think I might need to get her another notebook.

Thanks, Robert

Relevancy 37.41%

We've got a desktop hooked into a linksys B router, and a notebook that accesses the internet wirelessly thru that router. lately we havent been able to get a decent connection with the notebook, and if we've gotten any at all, it gets dropped soon. is the desktop getting the majority of the bandwidth, which is eliminating the notebook from getting enough? if so, is there anyway to limit the amount that the desktop is getting?

A:Two computers, desktop and notebook, notebook not getting int. connection

What changed from when it was working to now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-computers-desktop-and-notebook-notebook-not-getting-int-connection.398157/
Relevancy 37.41%

My own notebook (Asus EEE PC S101), running Windows XP service pack 3) was twice redirected to an unknown website when I wanted to visit the Guardian newspaper website. I was using IE version 8. Then the notebook froze. When this happened, I had to switch it off without using Cleanup, which I have used safely for a long time. When I had switched it on again, I used Firefox to go to the Techsupport Forum. I followed the instructions to download dds.scr and began running it. Then the notebook froze again. It still tells me "Two logs shall be created on your desktop" Now the cursor does not move any more either. I write this from another notebook, but I cannot create a logfile,m as everything is frozen on my own notebook. Help, please,

Bienh

A:Malware freezes Notebook (posting from other notebook)

Hi and Welcome!!

My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
Please be sure to subscribe to the topic if you have not already done so.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.

Having said that.... Let's get going!!
----------

Are you able to boot to Safe Mode at all? If you are, try to run DDS from there and when the logs are made please post them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/malware-freezes-notebook-posting-from-other-notebook-691915.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I am trying to help a friend. Her computer would hardly boot yesterday, but after 10 minutes or longer, it would load. Programs hardly run and if they do are impossibly slow to run. Windows task manager keeps popping up. It won't close. We tried to set the registry back to an earlier date, but it won't take. My guess is that is a virus. She had AVG anti-virus running now it won't run either. Any thoughts? Any reliable online site which could scan the computer?

A:XP very slow booting and barely running after finally booting

Follow the 5 Steps to Remove Spyware link in my signature below. The 5 Steps will direct you to some reputable online virus scanners as well as help you post a HijackThis log for analysis by the HijackThis analysts here at TSF.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-very-slow-booting-and-barely-running-after-finally-booting-208390.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi I just got a ASUS G V series and updated it to windows professional with Intel core i I was able to work with it and everything was fine until I had to install XP because some softwares are not compatible with Win x I have Win on drive C and windows xp on drive into 7, directly & booting XP booting boot Win manager Issue no E which in windows XP Issue booting Win 7, booting directly into XP & no boot manager environment it is shown as drive C again I have two HDDs GB each So as you can predict I tried using the dual booting and followed the tutorial for that on the website I wasn't able to get it to work exactly and each time I had to change the bios settings to boot either win or win XP I downloaded easyBCD and was trying to get it to work but my silly mistake was I Reset BCD configuration under BCD backup repair tab and ever since I haven't been able to load windows and the laptop directly loads windows xp I ran easyBCD in windows xp and tried to fix the problem by adding the bootloader for windows there but nothing seems to work I am really stuck and I can not reinstall windows because it is set up with all the softwares for my work

A:Issue booting Win 7, booting directly into XP & no boot manager

It sounds like you have the OS's installed on two separate HD's, and were booting them correctly via the BIOS - setting preferred one first to boot in BIOS setup, then booting the other one using the one-time BIOS Boot menu key.

To restart Win7 unplug all other HD's, Mark the 100mb System Reserved (preferred) or Win7 Partition Active then run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times.

Once Win7 starts, plug back in the XP HD and boot it using the Asus F8 one-time BIOS Boot Menu key, or install EasyBCD to Win7 to add XP on its Add OS entry tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/255058-issue-booting-win-7-booting-directly-into-xp-no-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Okay, so ive tried many ways, and Ive finally got stuck with using a VHD.
I have followed countless tutorials, and finally found one. (on this forums somewhere)
I go through all the steps, and it seems like it is working, and then when I boot my system it says this,
"VHD_BOOT_INITIALIZATION_FAILED"

things I have done to try to fix this:
Updated BIOS
Enabled Virtualization in BIOS
Please help! I have been trying to get it to work for days...
Ronnie

A:DUAL BOOTING PROBLEMS- booting win8 with win7.

Hi Ronnie and welcome to the Forum.

Why don't you try this. It is easier and it works: VMware Player - Install Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/20201-dual-booting-problems-booting-win8-win7.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello there occassional lurker first time poster hopefully someone here will be able to help I ve been setting my laptop to dual boot xp pro and Ubuntu on a seperate partition All was going well until xp pro. crashes booting Dual booting laptop xp decided to die altogther I don t have that error to hand but it s gone a little further now Was going to install xp pro on a rd partition and it started up fine Now I can boot fine to Ubuntu and the nd version of xp However the original xp is still having issues Now when booting up gets BSOD - bad pool caller Code at the end is x c x x CD x x F E FC Everything I ve read suggests this is Dual booting laptop crashes booting xp pro. talking about a hardware or software conflict However I ve not installed any new hardware I suspect there is a software conflict between the two versions of xp but I can t see how that can happen I can boot into the st copy of xp in safe mode however explorer exe fails to start up Tried running it in task manager to no avail I forgot to add - I am using GNU GBRUB to boot between the operating systems EDIT Tried it again to boot st xp in safe mode - new error for windows product activation - a problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the licence for this computer error code x nbsp

A:Dual booting laptop crashes booting xp pro.

Are these installations of XP Pro on the two partitions diferent install disks with separate key codes?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-booting-laptop-crashes-booting-xp-pro.484046/
Relevancy 34.4%

Recently I purchased a laptop with windows 8 64 bit pre-installed in it. For my job purpose, I needed windows 7 32 bit. After searching the web and also using the information I got from this site, I disabled secure boot, deleted the recovery partition and converted GPT partitions to MBR. Then I shrink the Big partition in which windows 8 was installed to make room for the windows 7 partition. Then I created a new partition and installed windows 7 on it. After this whenever I switch on the computer, a message come up, saying that a required device cannot be found and windows is to be repaired. The only way in which I can start windows is to go to bios, select the boot options and then select boot from notebook hard drive.

Can anybody please tell me how this problem can be solved

A:Booting problem with dual booting with windows 8 and 7

when you created the new partition did you make itin front or behind the existing partition?

If your boot manager is looking to boot Win 8 on Disk 0 Part 1, and you created the new partition in front of Win 8, your Win 7 will now be located on Disk 0 Part 1 which is where the boot manager is expecting Win 8

can you send us a screen cap of your disk management?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/25997-booting-problem-dual-booting-windows-8-7-a.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a SONY PC RX- and it is not booting on an erratic basis The first problem was after pushing the start button the fan starts on high speed Booting but process beeping, is not booting but no activity light and no HD light came on at all AFter minutes or so I rebooted after removing the power cord for seconds This happened times today I should mention that during this time nothing comes on screen at all There is no opportunity to get to the CMOS settings or even to boot with a floopy yes this still has a floppy drive in Booting process is beeping, but not booting it Normally for the past several months this problem has simply been an inconvenience and after or tries the unit boots up fine and works fine all day Today when it failed to do this so many times I shut it down opened the case and proceeded to reset all cables and connections I didn t notice any loose connections I didn t remove ram sticks I then rebooted and this time I got the HD light activity for a few seconds then the fan slowed to a normal level as like everything was going to be okay After a few minutes the activity light was still lit but no flickering like something was happening I turned the machine off again I should mention that each time I turned the machine off I didn t have to hold the button in for the normal seconds It turned of immediately I once again inspected and reseated cards I did not remove RAM sticks This time I plugged in and booted and right away got a or second solid warning tone followed by about seconds of silence It repeated and kept going until I turned the unit off again I suspected the power supply but I don t want to replace it until I know for sure Do places test these power supplies or do they just replace them because of the cost of service Any suggestions nbsp

A:Booting process is beeping, but not booting

you a buy a tester tool for $12 and also use a multimeter. I would just replace the darn PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-process-is-beeping-but-not-booting.117758/
Relevancy 33.11%

i have lenovo g with windows premium bit it was working fine yesterday but when i try to use my laptop now i see a message on black screen PXE-E media test failure check cable pxe-mof exiting pxe rom no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key but i dont have any installation disks except repair disk which i created through windows wizard i stopped booting booting windows 7 searched for solution over net and tried to recover first i booted with repair disk and found operating system as unknown on local disk startup found error but cannt repair it and through commpand prompt i tried these commands bootrec exe fixmbr bootrec exe fixboot bootrec exe rebuildbcd the first commands windows 7 booting stopped booting worked successfully but when i run the last command it scanned and identified windows installations and prompted windows 7 booting stopped booting to add it to boot list when i press y to add i got the message the requested system device cannot be found pls help me to solve the issue thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-booting-stopped-booting-607275.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I partitioned hard drive and everything. Then I installed XP Pro and Vista. Then I updated both and whatnot. I was on Vista then I restarted and booted into XP. Now when I try to boot into Vista it gets to the loading screen then it just restarts. I can still boot into XP fine.

Also I have lost all access to my BIOS. Does anybody know how to get that back?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/achieved-dual-booting-xp-pro-and-vista-but-now-vista-stopped-booting-up.602911/
Relevancy 26.66%

I am really having a hard time finding the actual model DV notebook I have do Dv7 How notebook I I which tell have? The tag on the bottom only says DV and there are so many additional numbers ie Dv - etc when u try to look up drivers I How do I tell which Dv7 notebook I have? am having a really hard time getting my Blue Ray drive to play any Blue Ray discs and need to find whatever drivers make it work after upgrading to Windows bit Any help would be appreciated because it is really frustrating I've tried every driver I can find from HP and Cyberlink and nothing lets me play all my discs Mainly anything newer than years ago won't play at all The drive is spinning it and the drive shows a Blue ray in the description but it says Load disc and doesn't do anything from there It worked perfectly until i went to Win I even tried the Vista drivers in the Recovery console but still won't work nbsp Thank you for any help

A:How do I tell which Dv7 notebook I have?

Instructions for finding your HP P/N are here. This will help us locate resources, drivers, and identify correct parts for your specific model.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-do-I-tell-which-Dv7-notebook-I-have/td-p/1970953
Relevancy 26.66%

My HP Pavilion dv9300 series laptop's display is shot. I think it's the motherboard that is creating the problem. The only way to get a display to show up is using an external monitor and disabling the NVIDIA graphic drivers. From what I've read, the MB is overworking the graphics card, causing it to overheat and fry. There was a recall for a number of notebooks that had this problem, but mine did not have the proper product number so HP will not fix it (without making me pay $425). Is anyone out there familiar with this issue and if so, what would be the best (cheapest and most effective) way to resolve it? Thank you!

HP Pavilion dv9334us, Intel Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600, running Vista 32-bit.

Relevancy 26.66%

ok i have 2 armadas 1 is dead the other one woks but my screen is very dim the bright and contrast are on high how would i go about replaceing the the dim screen with the good screen they are both armada 7400. please help if you can

techngeek

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook.686508/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello, i would like to pose this problem to the experienced here on the forums.

we have been given an HP530 pre-installed with "windows vista basic". the user despises vista and has asked us to downgrade it to his favourite operating system "windows xp home". before i started i created the recovery disks of the vista installation. i have installed and fully updated windows xp home and all drivers have been installed except for one. the dial-up modem. unfortunatly that is the one driver that is going to be used by the user of the laptop. when i try install the driver "sp36087.exe" which i get from the hp site i get this error message: "driver installation failed: could not find the modem device for this driver". i tried pionting windows to the location that the hp drivers extracts to but still no joy.

any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 26.66%

I'm looking for the best notebook to buy. I need it to be able to hook up to a tv so I can do powerpoint presentations. Any suggestions?

A:Best Notebook

Hi Lola,

I would suggest a Sony Vaio.

Depends on how much you wanna spend.

There are several that are cheaper
that can probably work just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-notebook.73077/
Relevancy 26.66%

I am having trouble using my touchpad. Somehow I get into a mode where I can move the cursor and it highlights stuff, but i can't "enter" i'm sure i just fatfingered something, i just can't figure out what....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-used-to-notebook.1156636/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have an old spare SONY Notebook with a 800 MHz processor and only 128 MB or RAM. The hard drive got reformatted and everything was wiped off the drive. (It's a long story.) That was no biggie, since there wasn't anything there worth saving. I've re-installed DOS and would like to install Windows 98, but the program disk for 98 is a CD. I cannot get the CD drive on my SONY to operate. All I can load are floppy disks at this time.

Can anyone tell me how to get the CD drive to operate?

A:Old Notebook needs help

Try moving to the hardware thread rather than Business Apps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-notebook-needs-help.660917/
Relevancy 26.66%

So, I tried resetting my Laptop, but then it said there was an error, now the computer just shows the Hp logo and then shuts down, then turns on and does it again (it's kind of like a loop of it) and now I can't boot up my computer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Notebook-On-and-Off/td-p/5707062
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello. I have a notebook "HP Pavilion Zx5003EA " and it's been a while I don't use it. Now I tried to turn on and won't turn on anymore. I checked and the power supply is working. What can be?

A:notebook

It is very, very old, like 15 years. You might try removing the battery. It can be so dead it keep the laptop from powering up. Otherwise it would be hard to get repair parts and it is not really worth much. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/notebook/td-p/5629613
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a dell inspiron 4000 notebook that has no CD Rom drive and no floppy drive, I plan to buy a external CD Rom to use with ny notebook but some question arise, (1) if I format my hardrive and install a new OS before the OS is install would the computer recognized my external CD Rom? (2) If I can't use my CD Rom then would it better to buy an hard drive adapter to hook it up to my desktop PC and format the notebook hard drive and install the OS from that machine( ONLY THE OS NOT THE DRIVER FOR ANY EQUIPMENT)

A:CD Rom for notebook

1. Since the external cd rom device would probably be a parallel port or USB kind, the computer will not see it before you install the OS
2.No . Hooking up the laptop hdd and formated, it's ok no problem there, but once you install the OS on it , the OS will try to install the drivers for whatever the hardware is inside the PC. For instance , let's say that the laptop has a Intel chipset , and the desktop has a VIA chipset, well the OS will try to install the drivers for the VIA and you need the Intel ones..
Best you can do is to make sure that the cd rom driver that you will buy cames with DOS drivers . Then format the hard drive on the laptop ( using the desktop machine ) and install the cd rom DOS drivers on it. Then hook up the hard drive back to the laptop and connect the cd rom drive. Boot up and you should have access to the cd rom drive at that point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-for-notebook.80270/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello I bought a new HP Notebook with windows 10 a few days ago at it was running fine untill yesterday when it updated and now it running incredibly slow and draining the battery quickly. Please could someone help? Thanks

A:New Notebook

Bobmin Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about problems with your new HP PC and wanted to help.You should not be having problems with a PC this new.While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836 Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-Notebook/td-p/5777388
Relevancy 26.66%

01/18/2007

I am looking for a good durable notebook computer. I need one that is light weight, and will work well as a wireless network. I have a gateway desk top I purchased new in 2003 but I am totally in the dark in reference to buying a notebook. I want the newest version of windows software on it, and to be able to access the internet. This computer will be used for college mostly.

Thank you for any advice you can give me on making the best purchase.

Sheri

A:Notebook

Welcome to Techspot!!

What kind of money are you looking at spending? In my experience, I would stay away from Toshiba's. They tend to have keyboard and overheating problems. Depending on your budget of course....I would look at an IBM Thinkpad maybe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook.67986/
Relevancy 26.66%

If my notebook has both wireless network adapter and wired NIC, and both of them are connected to an Access Point and plugged with a RJ-45 network cable(both AP and network cable is linked to a router which has Internet connection), when I use the network connection such as web browsing, which NIC actually used by the computer to go out ?

And, will it slow down the connection if I do so ? Or should I disable the wireless interface when I'm plugged with a network cable ?

Any recommended website to refer?

Relevancy 26.66%

so my screen is registering a counstant touch feedback on the right center on the screen. i dont use this laptop as a tablet, and i never will. its only used as a laptop for me. ive searched high and low in the settings, but i cant find any way to completely deactivate touch feedback on the screen. i know it isnt the touchpad because i see the gray circle on the screen that would betray screen touches. how do i deactivate the touch screen? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-15-Notebook/td-p/5795384
Relevancy 26.66%

My Viao notebook hard drive won't turn. What should I do?
Jerry

A:Notebook HD

get into your machine's BIOS and see if there is a hard drive identified.

if not, set it to auto-select, see what goes on.

failing that, circumstances look dire...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-hd.245291/
Relevancy 26.66%

I on My to Run Get DDS Can't Notebook have a VAIO VGN-NW G notebook running Windows Professional -bit It has an Intel Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook Core Duo T GHz processor with a Mobile Intel GM Express chipset It has GB x GB DDR SDRAM Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook I am running ESET NOD Antivirus version and Ad-Aware Pro Security version on my notebook Per the Bleeping Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook Computer recommendation in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help document I have recently enabled the Windows Firewall on my PC Prior to that I wasn't utilizing a firewall Also per the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help document I have downloaded DDS Unfortunately I am unable to run it When I try to run the program I keep getting the message View Downloads - Windows Internet Explorer The program's publisher couldn't be verified Are you sure you want to run the program When I click Run again it loops back to the beginning and all of the above repeats What in the world is going on with my PC and what is Windows doing I am logged in as an administrator for my PC and the DDS program is not read-only When I check the Security tab of the file Properties my login has full control for the file I think at one point I was able to select Unlock from the Properties Tab but can no longer find that option when I go back into the file Properties When I saw that option the message said something about the file coming from another computer

A:Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook

Please read This Topic on what to disable and the methods to use -
These are the 3 versions of DDS that you can use.
Please do not post these back here, and if you are not able to create a log, just post your topic with a description of your problems -
DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pif

Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516545/cant-get-dds-to-run-on-my-notebook/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi! A friend of mine is entering nursing school and couldn't believe the price of textbooks. He found that he can get the books in pdf form at a considerably lower price. I told him he could use a laptop or notebook. However, he doesn't want to buy a laptop or a notebook to use in class. He'll be taking notes in class, as well as following in the pdf textbook. Will something like a kindle have a keyboard and that capability? Is there anything else he could use besides a laptop or notebook? Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 26.66%

I have a two and a half year old Compaq notebook maxed out at 2GB Ram that came with Vista. As soon as it was out of warranty, I wiped the hard drive and installed XP Pro. I've run W7 Upgrade Advisor and it says W7 will run on my machine. My question is does it matter which version (Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate) and which bit (32/64) to get the fastest system? Most of what I use it for is the internet and email. Maybe some video. Not a heavy duty user.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
==========================

New info 18 Dec:

One thing I forgot to mention is that as a student I can upgrade to W7 Professional for $65 or I can get W7 Home Premium for $125 from Costco. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the replies so far.

A:How well will W7 run on my notebook

If your planning to use it only for internet, mail, videos and other normal tasks, you'll be good to go with Home Premium.
And 32bit or 64bit? Well, i think the below article will answer your questions-
Windows 7 32-bit vs 64-bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/131732-how-well-will-w7-run-my-notebook.html
Relevancy 26.66%

How can I find the value of an old notebook computer?

I am specifically trying to get the value of a used, excellent condition Compaq Presario V3019US notebook with no modifications.

Relevancy 26.66%

Hi there, My note book won't load untill i press any key. i want to fix this problem but don't know how. can any one help me.

Relevancy 26.66%

This will probably be really easy to answer for someone familiar with hooking computers up to TVs, I just have no idea how to search for answers on the internet because I'm not sure what I should search for.

Anyway, my new notebook doesn't have an s-video port, which annoys me. It does have the standard monitor port, though. I'm wondering if there's any way to hook the notebook up to a TV, such as some kind of converter or whatnot. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Notebook to TV

Hello!

I can really help you if you give me the graphics card specs.
Please reply so I can help!

Bye!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-to-tv.627225/
Relevancy 26.66%

Please bear with me as this will be a bit long I have a question about overclocking OC Notebook a question about putting a new CPU and a question related to the two previous ones I have a Dell Vostro notebook with the following specs - -CPU Intel Core Duo T Ghz quot FSB Mhz quot MB L Cache W -IGP Intel X Mhz - GB DDR Mhz I want to OC the notebook My temps right now are C I think these are good I can decrease temps further by up to C by using thermal paste I can implement some cooling mods specially that I don t use my laptop very much Notebook OC as a portable device I will even use it as a file computing server Notebook OC soon so I will be able to implement even better cooling So yeah my notebook has the capacity for some overclocking can you help me do it I have some questions - A Will modding the bios definitely lead to ability to OC B Will FSB modding or Volt modding etc by insulation a pin or connecting two pins succeed in my notebook C setFSB and all these don t work for my notebook so no need to suggest them my PLL probably will never be supported Also I may buy a better CPU what will happen if I put a CPU with FSB Also will a CPU with unlocked multiplier yet without OC support at BIOS help in OCing Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-oc.985135/
Relevancy 26.66%

i am using notebook with the windows vista home basic running on it Recently i found out my notebook is very lag and when i click the refresh button i took very long time So i check with the windows task manager undet the Notebook Very My Lag physical memory the free memory just below while my notebook come with gig of RAM PLZ HELP here My Notebook Very Lag is my HJLthx in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files SetPoint SetPoint exec Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Windows system Taskmgr exeC Program Files NetSoft P POver P POver exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Users CHEE SENG Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ap dell com content default as l en amp s genR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Thunder AtOnce - AEC- FD - fd- C -E D C - C Program Files Thunder ComDlls TDAtOnce Now dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO ThunderBHO - D FEB- - - - DD C - C Program Files Thunder ComDlls xunleiBHO Now dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run OEM Mon exe C Windows OEM Mon exeO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exeO - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStartO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run NVHotkey rundll exe C Windows system nvHotkey dll StartO - HKLM Run Windows Mobile Device Center windir WindowsMobile wmdc exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot c Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run DELL Webcam Manager quot C Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exe quot sO - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE quot O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run dscactivate quot C Program Files De... Read more

A:My Notebook Very Lag

Hello there and welcome to BleepingComputer. My name is Charles and I will be dealing with your log today. As you can probably see our HijackThis Team is incredibly busy at the moment, but I apologise for the delay you have experienced. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A HijackThis LogThanks,Charles

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137167/my-notebook-very-lag/
Relevancy 26.66%

olá, tenho um notebook HP pavilion dm3-1035b e o mesmo esta pedindo uma senha do administrador do nada, vocês poderia me ajudar? obrigado.

A:notebook

Hi, If this is a power on password - at the password screen, hit enter 3 times and you should receive a 'halt code' - post back with this code. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/notebook/td-p/5613481
Relevancy 26.66%

MSI Classic CX X i Core i - M Processor Intel Core i - M GHz M Cache with TurboBoost up to GHz Chipset Mobile Intel HM Express Chipset Memory GB DDR Hard Disk Drive GB Optical Disk Drive DVD SuperMulti Drive Graphics AMD Radeon is Better Which Notebook? HD with GB DDR VRAM Network b g n Operating System DOS Physical Dimension L X D X H mm Weight Approximate Kg Display quot x HD Webcam Integrated WebCam Audio High Quality Speakers Battery -cell Battery Ports x USB x HDMI x VGA x Express Card Slot Microphone-in Microphone-out Multi-in-One Card Reader DC-in Features Intel Core i Processor Classic Cross-Hatch Design wide screen display LED power-saving backlight technology HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface Output MSI Exclusive ECO Engine Power Management System Exclusive GPU Boost Technology OR Asus Versatile Performance K DY-VX Processor AMD Phenom II X Dual Core N GHz M L Cache Chipset AMD RX M SB Which is Better Notebook? M Memory GB DDR Mhz SDRAM Hard Disk Drive GB Which is Better Notebook? Optical Disk Drive DVD SuperMulti Drive Graphics AMD Radeon HD M with GB DDR VRAM Network Integrated or b g Built-in Bluetooth V EDR Optional Base T Operating System None Physical Dimension x x cm WxDxH Weight Approx Which is Better Notebook? kg with cell battery Display quot HD x LED backlit Webcam Mega Pixel web camera Audio Built-in Speakers And Microphone Altec Lansing Speakers Battery Cells mAh Whrs Ports x Microphone-in jack x VGA port Mini D-sub -pin for external monitor x USB port s x RJ LAN Jack for LAN insert x HDMI Features Black Brown tone Experience enhanced multitasking and mobile computing capabilities with the new AMD processors ASUS Power Gear automatically adjusts fan speeds for quiet computing and prolonged battery life A Palm Proof technology-equipped touchpad distinguishes between the contact surfaces of the palm and fingers to prevent inadvertent cursor movements during typing They Have the same price but I cannot decide which would be worth the price Any suggestion or comments nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-is-better-notebook.1029034/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have recemty purchesed HP15AF008AX Note book i have installed windows 10 in it what are things to do after installin windows 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-Notebook/td-p/5714613
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello, Recently when go to my documents,or downloads the icons wont load for atleast 10 seconds. i'm wondering how i can resolve this issue and would love to hear some information that would help out.The notebook is only 2 months old and is not slow at all so that is why i thought it should be a diffrent issue then it being slow..Thanks in advance for your help,Mark Jetten like so: 

A:HP notebook

Dear Customer, Please go through the below links, check it that helps:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04770630http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03340676     For any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-notebook/td-p/5830696
Relevancy 26.66%

I want to use my old notebook computer to get online. It is an IBM thinkpad maybe 2001 or 2002 with Windows XP. I had a wireless card put in it at a computer shop and then the Comcast guy came out to set up the broadband. He couldnt connect the modem to the computer because the computer did not have an ethernet port. So I got a "usb ethernet dongle" to connect it. I still cant even get the Comcast software to install. Any ideas?? I also tried to set up a Linksys router and get online that way but it says it cannot find a connection. And something said it could not find a "network adapter" but isnt that in the wireless card?? I am an ***** and over my head....any suggestions??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-me-set-up-old-notebook.102018/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a simple set-up and I know there s a simple answer but I can t find it anywhere and I don t want to go to Future Shop looking totally ignorant so I plan to buy a D-Link WBR- wireless router to replace my wired D-Link router I have What Help I PS3 1 Notebook, do Need? Please-1 a Toshiba Satellite Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need? A -VA notebook Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need? which has built-in wireless which I want to use wireless I have a Playstation which I ll wire direct to the router because it s close anyways I have a cable modem Question s is don t laugh is there anything else I need When I run the Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need? setup wizard through the laptop I need to be wired to the modem set up the router set up the network and then disconnect the cable from the laptop and then I m wireless My wife has put the thought into my head that I ll need a main computer wired to the router which would be used by anything wireless to access the network I hope I ve made my situation clear any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need?

The wireless router is all you need. You are correct that the only time you need to have a computer connected by ethernet is when configuring the router or upgrading its firmware.

Unless you plan to buy a matching D-Link Rangemax wireless adapter you will be using only standard 802.11g 54Mbps; so consider saving money by buying a standard router without "turbo," "108Mbps" or any other extras. The WBR-2310 Rangemax MAY give you somewhat better range, but don't count on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-1-notebook-1-ps3-what-do-i-need.619345/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello everybody i really need some help theres a software issue thats causing my comptuer to crash regulary So heres the problem i bought an external soundcard from startech months ago and it seems to make my pc crash and get a blue screen error I am using the sound card to capture voices through my hauupage pvr through my capture software playing on xbox one i done chatted with startech and they said they cant figure out the problem i had them sent me a replacement card it still gives hp 15 pc notebook me the blue screen errors i have took pics to show you what it looks like I tried to chat with hp support about the issue it seems they refuse to help me on this Can some out there please tell me how to fix this issue I had to do regualar updates on my pc but thats normal My connection is wifi also i will show a pic of the hauppauge capture setup as you can see in the capture card the external sound card is connected microphone usb via Can someone please help me hp 15 notebook pc on this issue i am stressing over this problem thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/hp-15-notebook-pc/td-p/5766675
Relevancy 26.66%

I m going to be buying a Notebook pls. help notebook computer I m trying to decide between two right now One is an alienware m I customized it to be Core Duo T gb ddr mhz ram gb hdd dvd burner MB NVidia GeForce Go This one costs about The other is an ASUS F Jm I customized this one to be a core duo T gb ddr ram gb hdd dvd burner MB NVidia GeForce Notebook help pls. Go for about So should I go with the top for better processor but lower video or should I go for the bottom with the lower processor and higher video I would really like to get one with both the mb video and the core duo processor but I can t seem to find one and I m sure if I do it ll be too expensive is about my limit I would really appreciate any input you guys can give me thanks again guys Tim nbsp

A:Notebook help pls.

what type of games are you planning to play?
what's the main use of this laptop?
videos/movies?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-help-pls.58789/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I have a problem with my uncle s notebook First of all the notebook specs -Vista Ultimate bits notebook HP pavillion dv Core duo t Ghz Gb RAM Nvidia M GS Geforce He used the pre-installed vista home premium that came with the notebook And he got a problem The navigator wouldn t just open Youtube some images would only load and when Notebook! with Help HP the image loaded a error appeared instead of the full image The image cannot be loaded because it contains errors He thought that the problem would be in his version of Adobe Flash so he tried to install the new version and then when he was in the site of adobe they said that his OS was not supported So he upgraded to vista ultimate and the problem still persists I tried to install a clean version of the Ultimate but the Boot Menu is not working I press f than he waits like seconds and then it boots windows vista And there is also the problem that the disc is not being recognized In another computer the disc is recognized OBS The disc is lightscribe the computer reads lightscribe Help with HP Notebook! OBS Many people have the same problem Well i think that is all If i said something wrong please quote Thanks for your patience Alex

A:Help with HP Notebook!

Originally Posted by AlexRD

So he upgraded to vista ultimate and the problem still persists.
I tried to install a clean version of the Ultimate, but the Boot Menu is not working,
I press f12, than he waits like 30 seconds, and then it boots windows vista.
And there is also the problem that the disc is not being recognized.

If you are having optical reading problem in your clean installation attempt, you can always wipe out your HDD then install Vista. Of course, I am assuming you have backed up all important data.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/197772-help-hp-notebook.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Guys I am looking for a new notebook, and I have general idea of what I want, but I am unable to find anything comparable so far (in reasonable price range, I.e. about 1,500$). Here are the specs which I've in mind:

i7 47xx Processor
8GB RAM (or higher)
GT760M (or similar range GPU)
SSD Boot drive + 1 TB HDD
15.x 1080p display
Windows 8.x64

I have no preference for any brand, although, in last few years I've bought HP notebooks, generally because I have good connections there in case there is some issues

A:A New Notebook

Specify dual or quad core CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-new-notebook.202094/
Relevancy 26.66%

Running a s-video out (one end s-video, other end yellow video) to a vcr. Distorted screen. Guessing the refresh rate is wrong. Not sure how to change refresh rate on a notebook or to change it to how many hz.

Relevancy 26.66%

My son has a dv9819wm notebook and it started having lines running across the screen and you could not see to do anything but would have to turn off and restart. I read on the HP site that the Bios and the video driver needs to be updated so I was going to do that but now, it will start booting up and you can see fine, but then the screen goes blank before you can get logged in to do anything. Then it shuts down. Please help.
Thanks!

A:HP notebook

At what point does the screen go blank? Are there lines on the screen even when it's booting up, or was that only previously, before it started going blank? And it shuts down EVERY time, on it's own?

Check if you can see anything on the screen when you hold it close to a light - look very close for even the faintest image.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-notebook.889343/
Relevancy 26.66%

hi there...anyone here can help me for find the drivers for Toshiba Satellite A215-S4697.

i've checked at the toshiba site..but I cannot find it >.<

i use windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit..help me please >.<

A:Need Help with my Notebook

Originally Posted by cured

hi there...anyone here can help me for find the drivers for Toshiba Satellite A215-S4697.

i've checked at the toshiba site..but I cannot find it >.<

i use windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit..help me please >.<

Hi cured,

I see what you mean, contacting Toshiba for help would be a good idea
Failing this, many drivers are used on more than one version of Laptop. Use a program such as Everest or PC Wizard which will tell you what hardware you have and then go to the Toshiba site and see if for example the A210 has the drivers that you need then download them and try an install.

Or you can go directly to the manufacturer eg. Nvidia, Realtek and download the needed drivers this way.

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/198261-need-help-my-notebook.html
Relevancy 26.66%

My dell notebook crashed!!! When i turn it on all i get is the dell screen, followed by a black screen!!! Someone Please help because Dell sucks at customer service!!!!! What should i do?

A:My Notebook

Try tapping f8 as soon as you power on the computer.

What happens?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64608/my-notebook/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi! I would buy a note book, but I don't know which one.
I should use it for webdesign.

Which one could you suggest me?

tom899

A:Which new notebook?

How much is your budget? I don't think you need any super-fast one for webdesign.. So... Something like this would be great: http://www.dell.com/content/product...&cs=19&~oid=us~en~29~laptop_studio_15_anav3~~

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-new-notebook.757820/
Relevancy 26.66%

I literally just finished setting up this computer and the keyboard freezes about every 10th key strock, i typed pretty fast and this is driving me insane. it is slowing me down for about 5 seconds every  10 strock. i have a lot of homework to do and now am stuck with this issue that i do not know how to solve

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/notebook/td-p/5636526
Relevancy 26.66%

Please help before I throw tnhis thing out the window.Everytime I get near the keyboard or even close to it, it driftes.   Have tried to find out how to adjust the senitivity without success.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Notebook/td-p/5754929
Relevancy 26.66%

Link to previous http www techsupportforum com secu ten-worse html CatByte Does it have the Recovery Console installed If so are you able to boot to the Recovery Console Not as far as I'm aware How can I check this Do you have access to an installation disk Nope also it lacks a disk-drive What OS is the laptop in question Windows XP Can it boot from Notebook Won't Log Lap In a USB stick From my knowledge yes when did the logon logoff loop start Notebook Lap Won't Log In Late January following a powerful virus scan that had left the notebook laptop with Sdra exe trojan what files were deleted prior to this starting do you recall the names of those files No I was not with the user who was using my laptop at the time what programs have you run or did your AV remove some bad files The AV program last ran was 'Spybot Search amp Destroy' Edit it doesn't log in on any mode safe-modes last working settings Notebook Lap Won't Log In

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/notebook-lap-wont-log-in-460289.html
Relevancy 26.66%

hi guys and gals I have been reading and researching for for AV new notebook what a couple what AV for new notebook days figured I'd start a thread I have a lovely new HP Envy notebook it came with McAfee a super smart friend said get rid of it use Security Essentials what AV for new notebook Windows Defender ok I did next thing I know I'm resetting my notebook back to factory settings with HP support because I got adware it had installed programs on my computer clean your reg shopop I discovered I had troubles when I could not log into forum websites the computer would freeze what fun with the help of people on the sevenforums I have been using AVG free and spyware blaster and WOT on my other computers and doing good would anyone please reply and suggest to me what I should do to protect this computer I have read pros and cons about AVG Avast Bitdefender and Kaspersky I guess I've kinda narrowed it down to them I don't care if I have to spend some money for an AV I just never have in the past but if its worth the money I'll do it thank you peace Chas

A:what AV for new notebook

You can set it up the same as your other 'puters.

I would add Malwarebytes and Superantispyware also, I hope you have these on the others also.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/40299-what-av-new-notebook.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi everyone,

Has anybody experienced this? On boot-up, I get the error 3F0. A hard drive test passes, and I've tried other HD's. I have tried changing the BIOS to Legacy, but it will not boot from a memory stick which I've made bootable, nor will it boot from the dvd drive. I can hear the dvd spinning, and can hear it trying to read it, but I get a flashing cursor on a black screen. I've come to the conclusion that it's the motherboard (DA0U93MB6D2 REV D PN 732080-001 ). Any suggestions? Thank you in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-15-notebook-3f0.1164109/
Relevancy 26.23%

I searced the forum and didn t find a problem exactly like mine Need Help with a Vaio notebook any help would be greatly appreciated Basically my computer wouldn t boot it would always stall loading the drivers for Vista So I tried to access the recovery partition only it wouldn t couldn t find it My computer detects my hardrive still and I was told the only way to get my computer back up and running was to order the factory recovery disc from Sony So I did and now the recovery disc won t work supposedly I am to insert the disc shut the computer off for secs Need Help with a Vaio notebook and then it will access the Recovery Center However this step never happens instead my computer sits at a blank black page and it acts as if it is trying to load something Just to test I left it on for several hours and the screen never changed So does anybody have any ideas Thanks in advance I m running a Vaio VGN-FZ if that info is needed nbsp

Relevancy 26.23%

hp 550 laptop michrophone is not working with windows vista i can hear other voice while chatting but other can not audible my voice i have installed all the device drivers and checked in device management everything was perfect please help

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

krupesh N

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-550-notebook-laptop.950898/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi I'm a newbie and 700 Compaq notebook I don't know anything about the workings of Compaq 700 notebook a computer other than when it is working correctly We bought this notebook for our son to use in college a few years ago The computer would begin to start by trying to load windows xp The screen would simply sit there and nothing else would happen To close the pc down I would have to hold in the power button With nothing to lose on the computer other than some music he hadn't burned to cd yet I decided to try the restore disk I didn't mind reformatting and neither did he I got as far as the third disk and the computer shut off with a black screen I restarted the computer and placed the first cd in to begin reformatting again This time I only got as far as the second cd before I got the black screen My son feels the computer is hardly worth fixing but I hate to give up so easily Do any of you have any solutions By trying to reformat I no longer seem to have any system on it I have the Windows XP cd could I simply use that to get the silly thing to work TIA Dixiedarlin

A:Compaq 700 notebook

With notebooks, one of the first things to check is heat. Try it again, while it's running check to see if the fan(s) are running - there should be some ents on the back edge or underside. At the point it crashes, check the underside for hot spots. A bit warm is ok, but you'll recognize a hot spot. If the fans arent't running, or if they are and it's still heating up, you may need to open the laptop to clean out the fans/heatsing (or maybe replace them).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/compaq-700-notebook-49598.html
Relevancy 26.23%

My notebook power light comes on but screen is black was working fine yesterday but now won't turn on at all? Only a few months old as well any help to fix it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Notebook-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5780075
Relevancy 26.23%

I am running Windows Vista 64 bit on an ASUS laptop and, after some "experimenting" with binding EXE's on XP and moving them over to Vista,
I started receiving the dreaded error message "This program has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect".
I don't know what to do. Any help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-notebook-pc.867408/