Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2010 hyperlinks not working on Outlook 2003 or Mac mail

Q: Outlook 2010 hyperlinks not working on Outlook 2003 or Mac mail

Recently a customer of the company I work for did some upgrade to their system (not exactly sure what). The result is that when they send a mail containing a hyperlink to file on their website, the link doesn't work.
When you hover over the link you should get something like 'https//thiscompany.com/page.do?DOCID=123456'.
However, what we actually get on Outlook 2003 is 'outbind://39-00000000C176F3FF67E6754394476777057BDCA60700071475F5FEB9AC4FABB3D7C8EE9381620000007059
EB000088DD1DB25534C84FACDD47289A5756BB000000B81C170000/thiscompany.com/page.do?DOCID=123456'.
On mac mail it looks like this 'x-msg://24/thiscompany.com/page.do?DOCID=123456'.

The links work fine on Outlook 2010. Any idea what's happening here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-hyperlinks-not-working-on-outlook-2003-or-mac-mail.1061245/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2010 hyperlinks not working on Outlook 2003 or Mac mail

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 94.86%

I receive a number of e-mails in Outlook 2010 in which the hyperlink to a Web site does not work. The link shows correctly, and when I mouse over it it shows the URL. However, when I click on the link nothing happens. Other e-mails I get seem to work fine. Any ideas on why some links don't work?

A:Outlook 2010 E-mail Hyperlinks Not Working

you may have to double click them or even hold control+ click sometimes. if you mouse-over it should tell you what to do to visit the site. If not

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/126850-outlook-2010-e-mail-hyperlinks-not-working.html
Relevancy 81.53%

When I click on a hyperlink in an e-mail I get an error. I must cut & paste the URL to IE. Can anyone solve this? I am using Window XP.

A:Outlook 2003 e-mail Hyperlinks Fail

If you get an error message, what is the message. On Internet Explorer> Tools> Internet Options> Programs tab> on E-mail: make sure that Outlook is selected for your email program. At the bottom of the window, make sure that the box is checked: Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser. If you make any changes, then click Apply and OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-e-mail-hyperlinks-fail.444920/
Relevancy 81.53%

None of the hyperlinks will open in my outlook 2003 email. I get a msg saying that security on this computer has denied this operation. I also use Hot Mail and the links open OK there. I have Windows 7. I have disabled all my security programs and the problem is still there. Any suggustions?

A:web hyperlinks won't open in outlook 2003 mail

Quote: Originally Posted by ronnielee09

None of the hyperlinks will open in my outlook 2003 email. I get a msg saying that security on this computer has denied this operation. I also use Hot Mail and the links open OK there. I have Windows 7. I have disabled all my security programs and the problem is still there. Any suggustions?

I would suggest that you uninstall and then reinstall in compatibility mode. Type compatibility mode in search. If it is not found, go to the help section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/42775-web-hyperlinks-wont-open-outlook-2003-mail.html
Relevancy 80.91%

I have Win7 64 bit and IE9 and Firefox loaded. When I click on a hyperlink within a trusted e-mail it says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am the administrator but cannot get this to work. This has happened since I updated my IE a few months ago. I have tried the usual fixes but not registry key fixes as I try to leave them alone. Is that the only solution or is there something else out there? Should I remove IE9 and start over? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

A:Hyperlinks not working in outlook 2010

Please download and run this fix from Microsoft.
You receive an error message when you click a hyperlink in Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/198745-hyperlinks-not-working-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 110.94%

RESOLVED See second longer display as when URLs Outlook no mail - hyperlinks reading 2010 post here Original Post Outlook 2010 - URLs no longer display as hyperlinks when reading mail I have looked around a little but haven't seen anything specifically about this particular problem Windows Enterprise x Office All latest MSUpdates etc This problem just started happening to me this afternoon Normally when I open an e-mail that has a URL in it Outlook displays that URL to me as a hyperlink However now they are just displaying as text and to use them I have to copy and paste into browser This is not an issue with hyperlinks not functioning properly No error messages nothing The URLs simply aren't hyperlinks To be clear the e-mails in question definitely have URLs that Outlook on another computer at home is still indeed displaying as hyperlinks same e-mail hyperlinks at home but no longer here on my work computer I have not tried it yet on a different work computer next step but I did try it with a different 'profile' in Outlook and got the same behavior or lack of behavior It's not happening to all e-mails in all e-mail accounts I have a bunch of e-mail accounts that I access through Outlook and this problem is only happening to certain ones Example I have at least e-mail accounts on a single domain This problem is happening to the e-mails in the inbox and or any other folder within that account of two of these accounts but not the other one Also I notice that the e-mail messages this is happening to are all 'plain text' However nothing has changed about that They have always been plain text and the URLs have always displayed as hyperlinks Now when I go back to look at e-mails with URLs that used to be hyperlinks like ones which I clicked on just earlier today they are now all just text and not hyperlinks anymore Does anyone have any idea what kind of setting may be involved either on purpose by the AD admins through GPO or by me when I was messing around

A:Outlook 2010 - URLs no longer display as hyperlinks when reading mail

I figured it out.....and yep....it was something I did.

File
Options
Mail
Editor Options
AutoCorrect Options
AutoFormat tab
Replace
Internet and network paths with hyperlinks
For some reason, I was going through and turning off all kinds of autocorrect stuff (cause I hate that stuff), and didn't realize that this particular setting governed how e-mail gets displayed.

I thought since it was in the section called 'Editor Options' within the section called 'Compose messages', it was only relevant to what happens while composing new e-mails.

At any rate, I got it taken care of. :-)

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/188125-outlook-2010-urls-no-longer-display-hyperlinks-when-reading-mail.html
Relevancy 110.51%

Periodically I get the following error when I am using my Outlook email program and try to click on a hyperlink I am hoping someone can help me with this problem as it is a pain in the butt I have already checked Microsoft s website downloaded and ran the recommended fixit with no success I downloaded a batch file entry for my registry which Hyperlinks Outlook 2003 Not Working was written by somebody who had this same problem If Outlook 2003 Hyperlinks Not Working I run this file it corrects the problem for the moment but then Outlook 2003 Hyperlinks Not Working it is back again It seems if I have closed Outlook and reopened it the problem happens I have also noticed that it can appear if I open Outlook after waking Outlook 2003 Hyperlinks Not Working my computer out of sleep mode As I stated the problem is sort of intermittent Here is the info on my system Any help would be appreciated Windows x Professional My Office program is version Here is the error This operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Contact system administrator nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 Hyperlinks Not Working

I'm guessing you tried the following fix?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310049/en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-hyperlinks-not-working.1113487/
Relevancy 110.51%

Recently I have not been able to click on any hyperlinks that are in received emails I'm getting. I receive the following message:This operation has been cancelled, due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I was recently infected with ZeroAccess rootkit, not sure if that issue is fixed as no one responded to that post. Broni redirected me to malware logs and for me to post there which I did, but this I think is a separate issue.

A:Outlook 2003 Hyperlinks not working

Run this fixit

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9726441

good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467109/outlook-2003-hyperlinks-not-working/
Relevancy 110.51%

Periodically I get the following error when I am using my Outlook email program and try to click on a hyperlink I am hoping someone can help me with this problem as it is a pain in the butt I have already checked Microsoft s website downloaded and ran the recommended fixit with no success I downloaded a batch file entry for my Outlook working 2003 not Hyperlinks registry which was written by somebody who had this same problem If I run this file it corrects the problem for the moment but then it is back again It seems if I have closed Outlook and reopened it the problem happens I have also noticed that it can appear if I open Outlook after waking my computer out of sleep mode As I stated the problem is sort of intermittent Outlook 2003 Hyperlinks not working Here is the info on my system Any help would be appreciated Windows x Outlook 2003 Hyperlinks not working Professional My Office program is version Here is the error This operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Contact system administrator

A:Outlook 2003 Hyperlinks not working

That outlook is old and outdated really. Microsoft doesn't even support outlook anymore they have gone to Live essentials live e-mail which is free. It's like 10 times better. It's ok to keep the office word etc, but outlook just stinks and the security stinks you gotta download 2 service packs just to secure outlook. Outlook is just garbage nothing but problems setting up security certs with it. I highly recommend downloading Microsoft Live Essentials and during the install process just check that you want windows live e-mail. Once it's installed migrate over or import your accounts and mail over to live e-mail from outlook.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514939/outlook-2003-hyperlinks-not-working/
Relevancy 109.22%

Greetings........

I've had this registry problem before with XP I believe, and resolved it by entering the following infor off the Microsoft website into the Windows Start box and hitting enter which brought up a popup which stated the item was fixed...... with Vista it doesn't work. IE 7 is set as my default web browser. Does anyone have a suggestion?

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:1. Click Start, click Run, type the following command in the Run dialog box, and then click OK:

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

2. Repeat step 1 for each of the following commands:

regsvr32 mshtml.dll
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 browseui.dll
regsvr32 msjava.dll

The problem is not only effecting hyperlinks, but also my receiving email.

A:Hyperlinks not working in Outlook 2003 under Vista

OK.... I got the hyperlinks working in Outlook but I still have the email problem.

The Enter Network Password box continues to pop up even though I haven't changed anything, anysuggestions on this one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-not-working-in-outlook-2003-under-vista.641256/
Relevancy 96.32%

I purchased a brand new computer with Windows and Office Everything set up in cannot working stops receive mail, 2010 Outlook a cinch and has been working like a charm that is until two days ago When I launched Outlook it seemed to take all day to receive my mail messages Sending mail works fine but the program never seems to receive my mail Wednesday there were messages for a total of MB that never completed the receiving process So I went to my Outlook 2010 cannot receive mail, stops working webmail server and logged in - all messages were there and I could open reply forward etc just fine I didn t change anything on my computer I didn t have any technical issues prior to this problem It s like it just woke up Wednesday morning and decided not to receive any mail On top of that when I close Outlook a window pops up that says quot Microsoft Outlook has stopped working Windows is checking for a solution Outlook 2010 cannot receive mail, stops working to the problem quot and it shows a green bar that moves from left to right but just hangs out there all day As I type this it has been searching for a solution for over an hour The email Outlook 2010 cannot receive mail, stops working account is a POP account Anybody got an idea what s happening here I ve searched the internet and Microsoft s website for a solution but nothing works nbsp

Relevancy 95.03%

We recently updated some office computers from XP to Windows 7.  Office 2010 was reinstalled and everything works fine, except that hyperlinks in Outlook won't go to the browser.  When I click on a hyperlink, I get " This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.  Please contact your system administrator."  I'm the one with administrator rights.  I know I've overlooked something in the setup somewhere but can't figure it out.  This is only an issue in Outlook.
Any help or advice is appreciated.

I'm sorry, it's Office 2007, not that there's much difference.

A:Outlook 2010-error with hyperlinks

The last time I dealt with this problem it was because Google Chrome had become installed, and was set to the default web browser, which alters the registry keys that Microsoft Office uses to determine what to do when you click a hyperlink in Outlook - I don't know if it's a bug, but if Outlook doesn't see Internet Explorer in these locations, it refuses to open the hyperlink.

You could try to set Internet Explorer to your default browser again (even if you didn't know it wasn't) - but that doesn't always work - you may need to uninstall the alternate web browser, and then go into the registry to manually fix the keys. 

You can use the steps at this site to fix the registry entries - obviously when working with the registry you may want to may a restore point prior to starting, and of course backup the registry before making changes.

http://www.slipstick.com/problems/this-operation-has-been-cancelled-due-to-restrictions/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501265/outlook-2010-error-with-hyperlinks/
Relevancy 95.03%

I am not sure if this is an Outlook problem or Google Maps problem.

Currently I am trying to add a hyperlink to my email signature for google maps. I have the direct link from google maps, but it seems everytime I enter it into Outlook it strips the link and brings me to the google maps homepage.

Any ideas?

A:Microsoft Outlook 2010 and Hyperlinks

are you copying the link from the address bar or the 'link' icon near the upper right corner?

Google*Maps — Support — WordPress.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/183672-microsoft-outlook-2010-hyperlinks.html
Relevancy 94.6%

For the past two weeks I have noticed that hyperlinks placed in email I am sending are being stripped by Outlook. I use Word 2003 as the email editor. I can write an email, insert (or have automatically convered) emails but if I either send or save those emails, the hyperlinks are removed. The problem does not occur if I use Outlook's email editor.

I have made no setting changes on my system, except moving from XPSP2 beta to XPSP2 Final.

A:Word 2003 hyperlinks stripped in Outlook 2003

Security by MS turned on by default in the final version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-hyperlinks-stripped-in-outlook-2003.263784/
Relevancy 94.17%

I send invites to lots of all day events from my Outlook 2003 to users who have Outlook 2010. When I send these through I set them to not have reminders set. However, when they get accepted to Outlook 2010, it sets a reminder which means they are being woken up at 11.45pm by reminders for these events. I assume this is a compatibility thing between the two versions? Does anyone have any ideas on this?

This is becoming a real pain for our managers so any assistance that anyone can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks, Stephie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-invite-to-outlook-2010-reminders.981406/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi Folks

This is my first post on the Windows 7 Forums I hope General Discussions is the correct place for my post.

I will shortly be getting a new desktop pc with windows 7 home premium 64 bit. It will have Microsoft office Outlook 2010 on it.
This will replace my current computer which has Outlook 2003.

Is there a way of transferring my saved emails from Outlook 2003 on my old pc to outlook 2010 on my new pc?

Also I currently have 3 email accounts. Is it possible to configure Outlook 2010 to be able to view emails from 3 different email accounts?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Richard

A:How do I transfer emails from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010

Hello Richard and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'm not a fan of Outlook so I don't have a lot of experience with it. Having said that, I remembered an old Microsoft Answers forum thread about moving 2003 .pst files over to 2010. The first answer by Russ Valentine should still be valid. One suggestion if I may. Before attempting to move any emails I think it would be helpful to back them up, make a system image, do something to protect them should the unthinkable happen.

Moving Outlook 2003 Data Filses to Outlook 2010 - Microsoft Answers

There's a separate Seven Forums category for "Browsers & Mail" about half way down on the home page. You may get some better repsonses and suggestions if you ask one of the Forum Moderators or Admin to move this thread over. In the upper right corner of your original post is a red triangle. If you click on that you should get a dialog box where you can ask that the thread be moved.

Browsers & Mail - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/253147-how-do-i-transfer-emails-outlook-2003-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE TurboCache TM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL GA- TRC M-NF Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Had been working fine but - Solved: hyperlinks Outlook 2010 open won't now hyperlinks and thumbnails etc Solved: Outlook 2010 - won't open hyperlinks in emails won t open in Outlook There is a change of colour when I click but that s it Solved: Outlook 2010 - won't open hyperlinks Repeated clicking is no help Right clicking only provides menu choice of copy not open etc No new programs or add-ons added for at least weeks - this just happened yesterday Can find no obvious conflicts Have rebooted x times to no effect Have searched on net to find solution Solved: Outlook 2010 - won't open hyperlinks but nothing that I found has helped Hyper links outside of Outlook work fine and Outlook otherwise works fine too but I get a lot of mail with hyperlinks and thumbnails and it has cut me off from all of them Grateful for any advice Des nbsp

Relevancy 93.31%

Yesterday my Outlook stopped retrieving e-mail from the file won't account Outlook 2010 e-mail to Outlook.pst sync Comcast server When I tried to fix it today it still wouldn't work All the settings were correct but it wouldn't retrieve Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file my e-mail I deleted the account and recreated it Now Outlook points to a Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file new pst file instead of my old Outlook pst file named myemail comcast net pst To make matters worse it doesn't delete the mail off the server Before when I would open Outlook it would download new message to my Inbox and delete them off the server The new messages would stay permanently in my Outlook inbox No more Now if I manually delete one through my Internet browser it also deletes it out of my Outlook Inbox It s as though the new account is just a window to the Comcast e-mail server I tried changing the Root Folder Path on the Advanced tab of the e-mail account settings to point to the location of my Outlook pst folder but that made no difference I also tried deleting a recent Microsoft update KB but this did not help either This is a complete disaster for me as I can't even send e-mail now except through the server Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file

I figured this out.  When I reconfigured my e-mail account in Outlook, I used IMAP settings instead of POP3.  This was not how I did it before.  IMAP works great if one wants to keep all e-mail out on the server and access it from various devices.  That isn't what I do.  I changed the profile to POP3 and the poblem was solved.  Still don't know why it initially failed two nights ago, though. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583041/outlook-2010-e-mail-account-wont-sync-to-outlookpst-file/
Relevancy 93.31%

Outlook 2003 hyperlinks
When inserting a hyperlink into an HTML email, I find that I cannot click on the link whilst composing, the recipients will be able to click on the link once it has sent. Is this a 'design feature' of Outlook 2003? just wondering!?

A:Outlook 2003 hyperlinks - in a new email?

I've had this problem in Outlook 2000 as well, but it doesn't bother me as a quick copy and paste to use it works for me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-hyperlinks-in-a-new-email.513110/
Relevancy 92.45%

For some reason, I cannot open Hyperlinks from e-mail messages in Outlook 2003. When I try, I get the following message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator".

I currently have Firefox 3 as my default browser, however, if I change it to IE, I still have the problem. Please help!

A:Solved: Trouble with Hyperlinks in Outlook 2003

Apparently, Internet Explorer 8 beta 2 was causing the problem. I uninstalled the update and reverted back to Internet Explorer 7 and the problem solved itself. I was able to default to Firefox 3 without a problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trouble-with-hyperlinks-in-outlook-2003.761816/
Relevancy 92.45%

Some how hyperlinks has been turn off on my Outlook 2003. Now when I click on a link it brings up the "save as" action. I tried holding down the control key and clicking on the link but no good.

I am using XP Professional with all the latest updates. I have Office Professional 2003 with latest updates. I also use Zonealarm Suite.

Any ideals.

Relevancy 92.02%

Hi a few weeks ago I reported that I couldn t open any hyperlinks in Outlook and some kind soul directed me in the way of Fixit which sorted it out Or so I thought A week later the problem was back and was fixed again and so on only now its twice a week and I m getting tired of Mr Fixit Anyone got any idea why this is happening Even better got any idea how to stop it permanently To add a bit of confusion once fixed Outlook opens the hyperlinks in IE which I never use and the system is set up for Firefox to be the default browser for everything I can t find where to change the default for opening hyperlinks It s open hyperlinks- problem Fixit Outlook after won't - recurring 2010 a big problem for me because I use Lastpass to log into everything and it s all set up for FF If Outlook opens everything in IE then Lastpass is useless or sometimes worse - it works so fast it sometimes has tried to log onto a site times before I realise and pull its plug - by them I am shut out all together and have to resubscribe Also Outlook 2010 - won't open hyperlinks- recurring problem after Fixit most of my password sare ultrasecure gobbledygook which is fine for LP to remember but if I have to input them by hand it takes ages and leads to mistakes Oh joy I know I could transfer all the passwords over to IE also this is supposed to be automatic but doesn t work for me but would be hideously tedious and open to a legion mistakes So help please BB nbsp

A:Outlook 2010 - won't open hyperlinks- recurring problem after Fixit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-wont-open-hyperlinks-recurring-problem-after-fixit.1080616/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi thanks (Win 2010 Home in Premium, 64) Chrome Outlook 7 won't open hyperlinks in advance for your time In the last few days I have not been able to open links in Outlook when Chrome is my default browser When I switch to IE to be my default browser the links open just fine But when Chrome is my default browser I can see the Outlook 2010 won't open hyperlinks in Chrome (Win 7 Home Premium, 64) links I can quot mouse over quot them and see Outlook 2010 won't open hyperlinks in Chrome (Win 7 Home Premium, 64) the URL displayed with the quot click to follow link quot message appearing but I can't follow the links Even when I hit CRTL and click at the same time I can't follow the links This operation was working fine recently I have not changed Chrome at all and I've been using it as my default browser for years However I have allowed Windows Update to install its recommended updates That said the last update that was installed was done on December and my links were opening just fine after that date Thanks again for your help

A:Outlook 2010 won't open hyperlinks in Chrome (Win 7 Home Premium, 64)

Hi, Welcome to Seven forums.

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \.html
Make sure that the value of the String (Default) is "htmlfile". If it's not "htmlfile", right-click (Default), click Modify, input htmlfile in the Value data box, and then click OK.

Exit Registry Editor.
And then check.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/317028-outlook-2010-wont-open-hyperlinks-chrome-win-7-home-premium-64-a.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Folks I have read the MS tech notes on how to get Outlook I have it via Office Professional full install to import from OE It fails under either option import from quot another program quot or quot Import Internet Mail quot Under the former it is pointed to the correct folder but fails with Error Cannot open another program in anything Will Outlook mail, Not Outlook 2003 Express Import folders, use quot but there's not I tried copying the folder to a nice clean location on the C and checked all the properties nothing interfering still won't open the folder Under the latter option it just doesn't do anything after directing it to the correct folder Outlook 2003 Will Not Import Outlook Express folders, mail, anything Seems to accept the command closes the window but does not import anything No error messages Umm do MS teams communicate with one another Closely related If I could just get the FOLDERS I had setup it would be a great asset or if i could just get the ADDRESS book it would help Do you know how to import dbx folders into Outlook Or the old outlook Express address Book thx z

A:Outlook 2003 Will Not Import Outlook Express folders, mail, anything

They are written in two different formats that are uncompatible. The Oulook Express has a file sytem totally unique to it.

I had the same problem about 6 weeks ago going from XP to Win7.
I had to transfer address book to notepad and put it into Outlook one at a time. The old mail sits in the old PC.
I have heard you can transfer the OE mail files over to Windows mail or gmail etc. Then transfer files from the new mail server to Outlook.
File system is changed over with the mail transfer- I haven't tried it though.
Mike

I did a Google and found this. I didn't find this page six weeks ago.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...001094387.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/114833-outlook-2003-will-not-import-outlook-express-folders-mail-anything.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I’ve just reinstalled Outlook (2003) on my PC and now when I click on any hyperlink in any e-mail I’ve received it opens a file folder showing My Documents.
Is there a setting in Outlook which I’ve missed so that I can open hyperlinks rather than folders?

A:Outlook e-mail won't open hyperlinks

Is the window called Locate Link Browser? If so it can't find the browser to use to open the file. Find the Internet Explorer executable (iexplore.exe I think) in your program files (program files (x86) if your machine is 64-bit) and double click it and that should fix the problem.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/outlook-e-mail-wont-open-hyperlinks-4609487/
Relevancy 91.16%

OK guys, this is driving me crazy, I have two clients that have this issue. When they click any hyperlink in outlook 2003, it takes them to their home page, and if you hover your mouse pointer over it, it sais "blocked" then the web address. I searched for about three hours on google, and here is what I have done so far. One article suggested going into the Tools/Folder Options/File types from explorer, then selecting the [NONE] Internet Shortcut, and then checking settings there, which are all correct. I have rolled back to IE6, still opens only the home page. Checked for settings in Outlook Express 2003 everywhere, etc. I am really stumped and any help would surely be appreciated, here is some more info about this users computer.
OS- Windows XP, current on all service packs
- Office 2003
Thank you all again for any support,
Jon

Relevancy 91.16%

I am using Outlook with Vista Home Professional and Internet Explorer All of a sudden when I click on a hyperlink in Outlook it takes me to my Internet Explorer home page rather than to where it is supposed to I have seen several posts on this subject in this forum and have tried them all without success I started with the quot cancelled due to restrictions on this computer quot message fixed that but then it started opening up the home page I uninstalled Office 2003 open home Hyperlinks page in Outlook and reinstalled it and Hyperlinks in Outlook 2003 open home page then when I clicked on Hyperlinks in Outlook 2003 open home page the hyperlink it opened the Local Link Browser Fixed that but now I am back to the hyperlink opening up the home page This all started because my computer was running extremely slowly Hyperlinks in Outlook 2003 open home page Painfully slow I found that the cause of the slowness was Google Chrome files that were left behind after I uninstalled it Somehow in the process of cleaning up those files I must have done something that affected Outlook and hyperlinks Any ideas I was sure that reinstalling Office would fix the problem but it hasn t Again I have tried editing the registry setting IE as my default browser I have also looked at file associations Nothing works I do not have Firefox installed as was noted in several of the posts that were similar to what I am experiencing Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-in-outlook-2003-open-home-page.981775/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi there In Outlook now if I click on a Mailto or email address link in an email I want outlook to open another window with the email address in the TO column Now the wretched Metro 2010 the not want I - OUTLOOK Mailto Outlook APP MAIL Mail app starts with the nag about Ms account etc etc Is there any way I can CONTINUE to use outlook like it USED to behave I don't want or need that stupid Metro mail app -- whoever thought of or designed that particular app should be slowly drowned in a pit of Bovine excrement together with the Manager for allowing such a stupid piece of software quot Out of the Door quot I've temporaily solved the problem by sending these emails from a W virtual machine - but I'd much rather have OUTLOOK work the way it's supposed to I believe the same problem occurs in Office too --I'm not running Office but I believe it's similar and Office for that matter Is there perhaps a default EMAIL program setting I can set up somewhere I can't seem to find it -- probably haven't had enough BEER yet Update --finally Found it -- you need to set the default in the MAIL APP as well to outlook You need to set the default in OUTLOOK as well I'll post screenshots just in case someone else has a similar problem CTRL panel gt Default programs Cheers jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/51711-outlook-2010-mailto-i-want-outlook-not-mail-app.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I have the outlook Hotmail connector installed on my work machine (On outlook 2010), and I also have outlook 2016 (which connects to outlook.com natively) on my home machine.

Both have stopped playing nice with outlook.com in different ways::

outlook 2010 simply wont connect with outlook.com at all -
Outlook 2016 shows my email and calendar from outlook.com but will no longer show my wife's shared calendar.

Both of these installations were working perfectly with no issues prior to the recent outlook.com upgrade.
Has anyone else experiences issues like this?

A:Outlook Hotmail Connector 2010 not working after outlook.com upgrade

Hotmail Connector is no longer supported and will only work with the old Outlook.com. After your Outlook.com account has been migrated to the new Office 365 backend, you'll need to re-configure your account and not use Hotmail Connector anymore.

Details here:
Outlook.com migration changes; What do I need to know and do? - HowTo-Outlook

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/68675-outlook-hotmail-connector-2010-not-working-after-outlook-com-upgrade.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi all, have a wee problem and appreciate all advice. I have just purchased and loaded microsoft office 2007 enterprise edition, i am also using windows Vista. Using outlook for e-mail, when i receive an e-mail with a hyperlink i am unable to open it, i just get a message saying "this operation has been cancelled due restrictions in effect on this computer, contact your computer adminstrator". Everything else works fine, mail comes and goes, no probs.

I have searched all the help options, tried a few things from previous forums with similar problem, have checked all PC security settings.

If anyone has a suggestion you help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

A:Outlook 2007 unable to open hyperlinks in e-mail

Hi there,

An internet search brought along this interesting result...

http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-unable-to-open-hyperlinks-in-e-mail.812844/
Relevancy 89.01%

I have Microsoft Outlook 2010 Beta, and love it. When I try to open a link sent to me in an email, I get an error message. It says this: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am the only account on my computer, and I am a system admin. I am not on any domain of any kind, just a home wireless network. User Account Control is off. Is this a problem? What is the problem? Any help please???

A:Outlook Hyperlinks not Working

This may be a temp fix for you. Hold down the control key and clock the link.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/279558-outlook-hyperlinks-not-working.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I cannot click on a hyperlink in an Outlook 2010 message and have it open successfully. The message I get is: "windows cannot open this file to open this file windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it"

If I follow the prompts, click on InterNet Explorer, etc. they open successfully... Evidently, somehow or other, I've screwed up a setting somewhere, but I don't know where.

Relevancy 89.01%

Hello,

I use Windows Home XP and MS Outlook 2003. When I click on a link within an email I get the following message: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. Well, I'm the administrator and I hadn't the slightest idea why all the sudden I'm getting this message.

The only thing different is I installed Google Chrome, didn't like it and uninstalled it. After that I started getting this error message.

Can someone please help me fix this?

Thanks,
Dennis

A:Hyperlinks not working in Outlook

Hello Dennis

I found your post while searching for the exact same solution myself. I installed Chrome while trying to fix some IE7-IE8 "features." When I removed Chrome, got the same error message. Here's is what fixed it for me.
I did this under Windows Vista Business, but you may still be able to use the info. Go to internet options, either by the tools button on the browser or through control panel. Under the advanced tab, the last section shows reset internet explorer options. With all other instances of IE closed, click the "Reset" button. It will delete your temporary files and internet history as well as removes any add-ons, so be aware of that. Back to defaults. At that point, things were back to normal.

I hope that will help you,
Sal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221007/hyperlinks-not-working-in-outlook/
Relevancy 87.72%

The hyperlink function quit working after I installed then uninstalled Firefox. When I click on a hyperlink in Outlook I now receive a message "The operation has been canceled as result of restrictions on your computer. Please contact your system administrator."

Any ideas?

A:Hyperlinks From Outlook 2007 To Ie7 Not Working

Read through this >> This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. No. 3 does not apply in IE7.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149301/hyperlinks-from-outlook-2007-to-ie7-not-working/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hyperlinks are not working, neither in Word nor in Outlook. I presume I have to set something somewhere but don't know what it is. In Outlook I get the dialog: General failure. The URL was ... . An error occurred in sending the command to the application. In Word nothing happens at all. No message, no opening of Firefox or IE.

Thanks all.
Ellen

A:Hyperlinks not working in Outlook and Word

Ellen,
My mind reading abilities are a bit slow today....

* What version of Outlook & Word are you using?

* How long have you had this problem?

* Have you a System Restore Point created PRIOR to the problem occurring?

* BTW >check to see if this applies.
In Outlook go to Tools > 0ptions > Mail format > Message Format and make sure html is selected > Apply

* Links that may provide you with some useful information.

Fix hyperlinks in Outlook Express and Word - Microsoft Fix it BLOG - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express or in Word

Block or unblock links in suspicious phishing messages - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/194059-hyperlinks-not-working-outlook-word.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I've just upgraded to Outlook 2010, and now I find that links in emails I send and receive are not "hot." I aways message in Plain Text format because much of my emailing is done on Plain-Text-only mailing lists. Switching to HTML format is not an option.

How can I get Outlook 2010 make hyperlinks in email messages "hot"?

Diana

Win7 Ultimate (64)
Office 2010 (32)
Browser: IE8

A:Outlook 2010 hyperlinks in email "cold"

This is how it works in Outlook 2007 - hope it is valid for Outlook 2010 also.
Click "New" to start a new email message
Click the Office Orb (top left)
Click on "Editor Options" (bottom right)
Click "Proofing"
Click "AutoCorrect Options..."
Under "Replace", ensure that "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks" is checked
When you type a link into your plain text email, make sure you hit Space or Enter after the link to force it to go hot
However, in my experience, links in plain text emails do have a habit of sometimes going cold again when the message is sent, and I haven't found a fix for that - I assume it is something to do with the recipient's setup.

Anyway, hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/99415-outlook-2010-hyperlinks-email-cold.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have Outlook 2010 but it does not work with my Word 2003. I do not have the spell check as a write and there is no integration with Word 2003. Is there a way in which I can integrate these programs or do I have to buy the Word 2010? I'm absolutely happy with the 2003 version.

A:Outlook 2010 with Word 2003

Just as a starter, here is a comparison of Using Outlook 2010 with or without Word 2010 installed - Outlook - Microsoft Office.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/133882-outlook-2010-word-2003-a.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I'm trying to move outlook 2003 .pst to outlook 2010 on a new computer running windows 7. I have copied the ..pst from the 2003 XP machine to a flash drive and copied them into the outlook folder on windows 7 under documentments/outlook folder which is new in 2010. From there I'm lost.

I have already created a single pop account in 2010 and been using for a couple of weeks while trying to move the old 2003 pst file. It seems simple, have read enough how to's but nothing seems to work. How do I do this. Gary

A:moving outlook 2003 to 2010

You've put your .pst file in the wrong place.
On Windows 7, your .pst file should be put here:

C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\
(overwrite the .pst file that's already in there if one exists).

Note: To be able to see the AppData folder, you'll need to enable "Show hidden files, folders and drives" in Control Panel >> Folder Options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-outlook-2003-to-2010.1040584/
Relevancy 82.99%

We have a user who boss forwards her emails she has to print. It sometimes prints a date of August 15,2012 in left corner. This is not with every email. Most emails did not print a date at top at all. This problem only occurs when one boss A send her emails. When i forward this email to myself it does not print a date. Here is the source code of the email below. Any help would be helpful. I am new to the company. We have Outlook 2010 and Microsoft Exchange 2003.

<style>

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

</style>

<![endif]-->

<title>August 15, 2012</title>

<style>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-and-exchange-2003.1089491/
Relevancy 82.99%

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 with office 2002 plus Outlook 2003 installed, Exchange 2003 is being used as the e-mail server.

When I do a mail merge from Word 2002 to e-mail for a mass e-mailing in Outlook 2003. The process completes but there are no e-mails sent from Outlook 2003. The e-mails that were merged are never recieved by the recipents that are being set to. Help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mail-merge-from-word-2002-to-e-mail-for-a-mass-e-mailing-in-outlook-2003.293923/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi My name is Fran I ve had something strange going on for a while a month and I thought I d give this a shot to figure out what the problem is As I said in the Topic title I have blank Outlook emails that keep showing up in my Inbox Sent Mail Deleted Mail Folders for my hotmail account in Outlook They all are the same size but have various times I contacted Microsoft and they suggested that I reset my passwordsand security questions for all of my email accounts I did this but the problem has continued in my Hotmail account in Outlook This has made me suspect that I have something on my computer that picked up the new password I fear that someone or something is hijacking my computer and want Folders emails keep showing in my Mail/Deleted Blank Inbox/Sent 2003 Outlook up Mail to put a stop to it I read something today about HijackThis and decided to Blank Outlook 2003 emails keep showing up in my Inbox/Sent Mail/Deleted Mail Folders give it a try I installed the software and ran a scan generating a log file It then instructed me to use one of the forums for assistance in a list on their website in which you were at the top--so here I am I attached the log for the scan from Hijackthis I HAD TWO FILES AND WAS UNSURE WHICH YOU SHOULD GET SO I UPLOADED BOTH--I RAN TWO SCANS WITHIN MINUTES OF EACH OTHER BUT AM UNSURE IF THESE LOGS ARE FOR EACH OR JUST ONE SCAN And when I looked at the scans logs it was all Greek to me Of course if there is any other info you need please just let me know Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated I look forward to hearing from you Best regards Fran

A:Blank Outlook 2003 emails keep showing up in my Inbox/Sent Mail/Deleted Mail Folders

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305773/blank-outlook-2003-emails-keep-showing-up-in-my-inboxsent-maildeleted-mail-folders/
Relevancy 82.56%

I been using Outlook for - years and have about Outlook e-mails saved including a folder which contains all my purchased software serial numbers I carefully exported all my Outlook e-mails before switching to Windows mail messages Windows into 2003 Can't mail Outlook import mail I have discovered to my dismay that Windows mail can not import Outlook mail and somehow in the process of installing Windows Can't import Outlook 2003 mail messages into Windows mail mail my Outlook program disappeared My old Student and Teacher Office disk which contained the Outlook software is too scratched to reinstall I have looked for some kind of Outlook to Windows Mail converter from Microsoft but no luck so far I am absolutely amazed that Microsoft would publish a new mail program and not include import routines for its own legacy mail programs Outlook apparently has the same problem with Windows Mail Even if I purchase a replaacement disk from Microsoft I have the orginal box and serial number for my Student and Teacher Office package so I thick I could still get a replacement disk I would still have to use two e-mail programs and eventually Outlook would stop working with some future OS upgrade Any suggestions

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/256798-cant-import-outlook-2003-mail-messages-into-windows-mail.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Please. is there a way to export master categories out of Outlook 2003 and import them into Outlook 2010 ?
Thanks very much.
Bill

A:importing Outlook 2003 categories into 2010

Heres a website that might help because i do not have Office 2003 so i cannot tell you exactly what to press.

Import Export Office2003 personalized settings

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/109350-importing-outlook-2003-categories-into-2010-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, I have MS Office 2000. When I get email in my Outlook browser that has a hyperlink, it doesn't work. Same with my daughter's computer in Outlook Express. I know it's a setting somewhere that allows or blocks hyperlinks from "linking" but can't seem to find it. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks! Fred

A:Outlook And Outlook Express Hyperlinks Settings

Try this:Click Start / Run / type in; regsvr32 urlmon.dllClick OK.Repeat for each of the following commands:regsvr32 mshtml.dllregsvr32 shdocvw.dllregsvr32 browseui.dllregsvr32 msjava.dllLet us know if it works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73299/outlook-and-outlook-express-hyperlinks-settings/
Relevancy 81.27%

Can't sync iPas/iPod with Outlook

I have an iPad 2 and Outlook 2003. Outlook won't sync with my iPad..

However, they will sync on another computer. Then I can clear the iPad calendar and then sync to main computer but the old calendar info syncs.

Outlook/ my computer seem to be holding on to the old calendar info in some kind of cache.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-sync-ipas-ipod-with-outlook-i-have-an-ipad-2-and-outlook-2003-outlook-wont-s.997821/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello all, nice forum.

I hope i have not duplicated this thread.

I have office 2010 installed on my daughters christmas prezzie laptop (Toshiba with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit) but i am struggling downloading mail to the outlook inbox, or anywhere else for that matter.

Her original mailbox is on the family desktop in outlook express which works fine & as far as i can see i have mirrored the setting. I have also enabled leave a copy on the server on both machines.
Test account settings tells me test email sent & congratulations, but no visible mail, only on the desktop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated & i thank you in advance.

Regards

Darren

(pop3 ntlworld account)

A:No mail visible in outlook 2010!

Well Darren, riddle me this.

When you try to sync her email to her new machine, what does outlook do? does it say there are messages downloading or does it give you an error?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/134396-no-mail-visible-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I cannot get the new mail notification to work with Outlook 2010(Win7 x64); it plays when I test it, but that is it. Startup/shutdown sounds play ok. Come to think of it, not sure if the icon changes in the taskbar - need to watch for that. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Outlook 2010 new mail sound

Hi, Dirtnapper!

I'm sure you have already checked these items so I'm presenting them as a reminder only:

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/118758-outlook-2010-new-mail-sound.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have been looking everywhere and can't find a way to setup Outlook 2010 to only send emails and not receive any. I have a cloud RDS server and I'm running a program that uses Outlook to send emails, but the problem is that i don't have a lot of space on the server so I would like to stop outlook from receiving any emails from the IMAP accounts in order to save space. the users have outlook on there personal desktops and they receive emails there so no need to put it on the server.

Please Help
Thank you.

A:I want Outlook 2010 to only send mail

Hiya and welcome to the forums

Maybe you could create an Outlook rule that would delete all incoming mail on a specific account ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/269881-i-want-outlook-2010-only-send-mail.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Do you know how to link my Yahoo email account to Outlook 2010?

A:Yahoo Mail + Outlook 2010

Yahoo is a webmail account, but they offer POP3 access if you have the Plus account...

POP Yahoo! Mail Plus with Microsoft Outlook 2007 | Yahoo! Mail Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/105246-yahoo-mail-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi All,

i encounter a problem when i was opening my outlook 2010. i got this error message.
There is no email program associated to perform the request action. please install an email program or, if one is already installed, created an association in the default programs control panel.

i try to set outlook to default programs but it still doesn't seems to work. previously i have both 2007 & 2010 office install. i already uninstall 2007 and did a repair on 2010 but still no outcome. so i uninstall both office and install 2010 and now i only have 2010 on my windows 7. Thus, i still getting the same issue. anyone can assist me on this? i have attached the error message in this thread.

i appreciate your kindness help.

A:outlook 2010 not a default mail

Hi,

Please refer to this page "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request" error message when you send e-mail from third-party program in Outlook.

Download the Fixit and run it.

Keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/343269-outlook-2010-not-default-mail.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help me please. I have just brought a new dell laptop, and office professional. I have tried to set up a pop email in outlook 2010, but I did it wrong, so I deleted it and started again, but instead of creating a new one it called it (2) not just the normal name. I have gone through the process and it says it works, but theres nothing coming into my inbox, and what I think is happening is that its going to the original inbox of the one that I named wrongly! Can anyone tell me how I bring back the original email box or fully delete both and re-start again pls? thanks very much Corrie

A:Outlook 2010 Mail Issues

Hello corrienorris.

Some links below that should be of help...

Add or remove an email account - Outlook - Office.com

How to configure Internet e-mail accounts in Outlook

Microsoft Outlook 2010 Email Account Settings [Setup]

How to Set Up and Configure Outlook 2010

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/186863-outlook-2010-mail-issues.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello,
Windows 7 Home Premium, Outlook 2010
New mail
To
Produces the "select Names" address book drop down
The default is "suggested contacts"
I have to open the drop down and select "Contacts", which allows selection of the correct recipient.

Why the extra steps? My other installations of W7/Outlook 2010 show the contacts, when I select "To", as the default.

SWMBO is not happy.

Jim

A:Outlook 2010 address new mail

Hi, EasyJim, welcome to the Seven Forums!

From the "Home" ribbon, click on the "Address Book" icon, then go to "Tools" and "Options...":

And check your settings in the resulting dialog box:

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/140795-outlook-2010-address-new-mail.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi
I installed MS Outlook 2010 a few days ago and have never used it before
Is there a setting for when I forward e-mail, the "from:".."sent:", etc. at the top are deleted so that the person receiving the forwarding will not see where it came from before me?

Now, I manually delete it before i hit "send"

Mike

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-forwarding-e-mail.1057175/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have just spent a couple of hours trying to fathom the totally impenetrable instructions from Microsoft on how to do something that is so simple on Lotus Organiser print a set of mail labels Not only are the toolbar instructions given different names to the ones actually on the tool bar but the buttons are not named exactly the same either Are they all mad or on something at MS When you try to follow them all sorts of extra dialog Mail Labels 2010 from OUtlook boxes pop up and it suddenly starts to print something when I never went near an instruction to print I have created my address list and allocated a category to the group I want to print labels for of a basic L Avery label All I want to do is select that list and put the names and addresses onto a label - not too much to ask for such a supposedly sophisticated piece of software or is it The stuff on their website is so suitable opaque as to be useless Can anybody out there tell Mail Labels from OUtlook 2010 me where I can go to find some simple intelligible instructions on how to do this or am I best keeping my old copy of Organiser up to date Best wishes burnhamlad nbsp

Relevancy 81.27%

Hello, I just set up Microsoft 2010 this week and was configuring Outlook 2010. After everything was done, I found that every time I send an email, a copy of it is automatically sent to my inbox. This would normally be fixable by applying a rule (every email I send to my own account be automatically deleted or something to that extent), but this email account is for the entire company, and they are still being forwarded the copies that I send.

Would this issue have anything to do with me using 2010 and my co-workers using 2007? Or maybe because we're using gmail, which hasn't been confirmed to work with Outlook 2010?

Please help.

A:Outlook 2010 Sent Mail goes to Inbox

Hiya and welcome to the forums
Have a looky here pal My sent emails appear in my inbox - Gmail Help, maybe this will help

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/208006-outlook-2010-sent-mail-goes-inbox.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi Guys,I am new around here so go easy.My problem is as follows. My PC got infected by Internet security 2010 last week and I managed to get that sorted thanks to this site. I followed the link and downloaded rootkill and anti malware bytes.However since then I can only receive emails, I cant send any. I can send and receive in safe mode.I have googled this query but all solutions seem to be quite dated and I wondered anyone offer any advice?ThanksBobEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Outlook Express 2003/Internet Security 2010

Are you getting any error messages in OE? If so, post the entire message.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290916/outlook-express-2003internet-security-2010/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have two computers using MS Outlook 2003. I have a home and a work desktop with the same email address. I have them configured so that the mail stays on the server and I get the messages at work and they also appear at home. This works fine. == I recently got a third PC, a laptop. I only use this about every two weeks when I go to Starbucks. I am using the same email address as the other two pc's but would like this one to not keep the mail on the server so that I don't have a couple hundred emails that have to load each time I use it. I have unchecked the option in Advanced under Delivery to keep the mail on the server. It still loads a couple hundred emails. Is it going to be impossible to have Outlook configured two ways? Thanks,

A:Outlook 2003 Mail

This looks a bit complex to me (at this time of night), but you might make more sense of it than I can:
Synchronize Outlook between two or more computers

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/177591-outlook-2003-mail.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have an Annoying Thing (password request) which pops up when I am using Outlook 2010 to connect to my internet mail server btinternet.

I had this problem in November. I changed all sorts of things, re-entered all the info in the email account settings etc etc but nothing seemed to work. Then it went away of its own accord. It never appeared from 26-Nov until two days ago when up it came again, time after time. I have again reconfirmed all the info in email account settings but it won’t go away. It doesn’t appear when I am using Internet Explorer, it is an email issue.

I am not aware that anything changed on 26-November nor two days ago. It doesn’t come up every time Outlook connects, just every so often.

Any ideas for getting rid of it permanently?

A:Outlook 2010 internet mail request

I don't use Outlook...but in my limited experience with email, a password request when using the email client would indicate to me that the proper settings are not used.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440417/outlook-2010-internet-mail-request/
Relevancy 80.41%

i can load my gmail but not my yahoo. also, pls advise how can i merge contact list that i imported from my old outlook to my new main contact list.
tks in advance, jackson

A:cannot load yahoo mail onto outlook 2010

Hello jackdshutter
This should fix your problem:
Install YPOPs! and make sure it is running.
Select Tools | Account Settings... from the menu in Outlook.
Go to the E-mail tab.
Click New....
Make sure Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP is selected.
Click Next >.
Type your name (what you want to appear in the From: line of messages you send) under Your Name:.
Enter your full Yahoo! Mail address (e.g. "[email protected]") under E-mail Address:.
Make sure Manually configure server settings or additional server types is checked.
Click Next >.
Make sure Internet E-mail is selected.
Click Next >.
Make sure POP3 is selected under Account Type:.
Type "127.0.0.1" under both Incoming mail server: and Outgoing mail server (SMTP):.
Type your Yahoo! ID under User Name:.The Yahoo! ID is also the first part of your Yahoo! Mail address, i.e. everything before "@yahoo.com". If your Yahoo! Mail address is "[email protected]", the ID is "example".

Enter your Yahoo! Mail password under Password:.
Click More Settings ....
Go to the Outgoing Server tab.
Make sure My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is checked.Leave Use same settings as my incoming mail server selected.

Click OK.
Now click Next >.
Click Finish.
And for your Contact List Problem use this :

Open your Microsoft Outlook software and allow the program to fully load and check for new messages. Once the program has fully loaded, drag all the items in Outlook that contain relevant contactinformation and place them all into the folder marked "Contacts," on the left-hand side of the screen.

2 Allow the program's automatic duplicate detection system to determine if you have any duplicate contacts in your "Contacts" folder. If a message comes on screen asking if you would like to merge contact information from two pieces of data with the same information, click "Yes" and it will consolidate the contacts into one folder. Repeat this process until all your duplicate contacts are merged into one folder.

3 Select the option marked "Table View" to see your contacts in descending order according to the last time they were edited. Select all the contacts that were just modified in the previous step, right click the mouse and choose the option marked "Category." Add a category name that fits with the contacts that are present in this folder and click "OK." Your folder is now complete and your contacts are merged into one list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/168863-cannot-load-yahoo-mail-onto-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Outlook has stopped sending or receiving mail The account buttons do nothing when I try to amend or add an account Mail to be sent goes into the outbox and stays there Nothing comes in Old mail is still accessible Or was mail don't Outlook respond 2010 accounts The calandar now tells me that it can't save But that may be because of the other stuff I've done to try to solve the Outlook 2010 mail accounts don't respond mail problem as I got more and more desperate Or it may already having been in that state I hadn't checked it Steps so far Repair of pst files It said it had repaired problems but it Outlook 2010 mail accounts don't respond still didn't work Copied pst files from backup - no different Uninstalled and reinstalled - no different when I reinstall In fact the account folder trees and stored messages are exactly the same even the ones in the outbox Revo-uninstalled then reinstalled - as above The reinstalls actually look the same as the uninstalls Deleted appdata Outlook folders then uninstalled and reinstalled Deleted pst files and reinstalled - got messages asking for them The quot File quot menu looks very strange- see below The add account and account settings buttons don't respond I don't use Hotmail so don't see what the Upgrade connector is about And anyway it's been like that for days I did even try a manual download and install of that but it made no difference

A:Outlook 2010 mail accounts don't respond

tbernstein:

Was this a recent upgrade from Outlook 2007 or previous, or a standard clean install of the product? I had similar "strange" things happen after I upgraded from Office 2007 to 2010. Outlook kept forgetting my passwords to my 8 different email accounts! There were many changes in Outlook 2010, specifically in how it treats multiple email accounts. You might try this: How to import .nk2 files into Outlook 2010

I am also assuming that this is a legit retail copy of MS Office 2010... am I correct?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/187157-outlook-2010-mail-accounts-dont-respond.html
Relevancy 80.41%

System specs.
POP3 Mail
Outlook 2010
Windows 7 & Windows 10

Randomly we have issues at work were mail messages will get cut off mid sentence and the remaining part of the message will not be displayed. If we go to the Webmail interface for the mail account the whole message will be displayed there. So somewhere while it is being pulled down the whole message is not getting to Outlook. This problem will happen maybe once a week or once a month which makes it hard to track down.

We recently upgraded to Bit-Defender but we did not see the problem until about 2 weeks after installing the software. Looking for ideas on where to track this one down.

Thanks

A:POP3 mail messages getting cut off in outlook 2010

The two things that come to me are to do a Repair of Outlook at Control Panel / Programs, and to do a clean reinstall of BD or turn off its email protection to see if there's a difference. But if this is happening to multiple units I would contact BD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/389917-pop3-mail-messages-getting-cut-off-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I'm running WIN 7
I just deleted my old e-mail account (Hughes.net)and added a new one(personal domain) to Outlook.
Everything is working except when I e-m myself, the e-m goes into the personal folders inbox of my old account.
Can you help me?
Thank you,
Gail

Relevancy 80.41%

I need a good email program as I am tired of logging on just to check if there are new emails. I know that Outlook is considered the numero uno program for managing emails, but I've also heard of Windows Live Mail, that it is the reincarnation of Outlook Express which personally I've never liked and never used, is considered quite capable of getting the job done, and it is also free, unlike the quite expensive Outlook 2010 (as a part of the whole Office 2010 pack).

So, why do I need a costly program for handling emails if I can get one for free? Why do people praise Outlook so much when they have a free alternative?

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA

A:Outlook 2010 vs Windows Live Mail

I have been using an email cliient since windows 98 and it has always been the client that came with the OS; Outlook Express, Windows Mail and now Windows Live Mail and never a problem. Lets think about this, its used to check mail, if it does that its good enough. People that say too slow, mail missing, does not work is just in peoples minds; it works fine. In answer to your question, I would suggest that you use any of these fine clients; bottom line they are all the same
Before, I get the response that Windows Live Mail does not come with the system, I know that.

Any of these will suit your needs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/98061-outlook-2010-vs-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 80.41%

This is the exact same issue as reported in a closed thread in this forum that mail Yahoo! in receive Plus Outlook Cannot 2010 is occurring for me In a nutshell I use a Yahoo Canada ca account in Outlook as my primary email account Recently I started getting the same authentication errors for RECEIVING email sending works fine So I used Yahoo s online chat help system We went over so many different configurations for Cannot receive Yahoo! Plus mail in Outlook 2010 settings in Outlook seemed like they were grasping at straws and what happens is that the settings work for about minutes I can send receive with no problem but all of a sudden I start getting the endless prompts for password authentication and then the error that my login password could not be authenticated plus pop mail yahoo com Interestingly enough I can receive on my cell phone s with no problem and haven t changed any settings this includes on several BlackBerrys a Palm Pre an Android and an iPhone I know I m a cell phone junkie LOL But it also does not work in Windows Mail Vista or Mac Mail Mac OSX My ISP Rogers blames Yahoo and Yahoo blames Rogers In the meantime I notice that when I get the authentication error mentioned in the link above if I go to a browser and log in to my account then go back to Outlook receiving works fine again for a short while So it seems like something is dropping my authentication to the Yahoo POP server after a few minutes no matter which rd party email client I use EXCEPT on cell phones If ANYONE has any ideas on this or a solution even better I ll give you a big hug nbsp

A:Cannot receive Yahoo! Plus mail in Outlook 2010

Have you tried copying all the settings from one of your working mobile devices to your outlook account settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-receive-yahoo-plus-mail-in-outlook-2010.993232/
Relevancy 80.41%

I am trying to migrate all my settings and emails Settings... Backing Outlook up Mail and 2010 Outlook from One computer to another but I am having difficulty accomplishing my task One PC is running Windows XP bit and I am trying to migrate my settings to the new one running Windows bit which should not be a problem right I would not ask for help if it was only email account but I am running email account from Outlook and I can't remember the settings of of them as it is it has been a Backing up Mail and Settings... Outlook 2010 while Office backup method suck from here to the Moon since you may be able to export your Data but NOT the settings st thing I tried was Backrex Demo it did its job on the XP side of things but on the Win side it tells me that it does not find my outlook even though it is installed Heck I even installed the one I do remember but to no avail Backrex told there was no Outlook installed Granted it was only a Demo and I sure the heck don't want to spend money for the Paid version if it will not do what its supposed to So any FREE third party Apps I can run or heck I would be glad if Microsoft can throw us a bone and give us something to work with

A:Backing up Mail and Settings... Outlook 2010

Not sure if this will help, but I'll post it anyway.

Windows Live Mail, Messenger, Contacts, And Calendar Backup

It seems there are quite a few programs on the market, but of course they want some of your lovely dollars.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/210183-backing-up-mail-settings-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

First, I tried to get Outlook 2010 to see my .dbx folders from Outlook Express, it wouldn't.

I then migrated my OE mail to WLM. I then tried to both export my mail to Outlook 2010 and Import from Outlook 2010. When importing, Outlook only saw the welcome mail message but didnt see anything else.

I should add that I copied my old (2007 Outlook.pst) file into Outlook 2010's store directory. I am not sure if this is why I am unable to import my mail.

Any ideas?

A:Outlook 2010: Unable to import mail from WLM

I just got done getting my e-mail from WLM to Outlook 2010.

There are a couple of tricks:You need to have Outlook set as your default mail client
Outlook needs to be the 32-bit version. The 64-bit version will not work
Make sure Outlook is not running
Open WLM. Menu item: File -> Export Messages
Select output to Exchange format. This will generate the PST file and follow the directions as they are presented
Close WLM
Open Outlook. Your entire email account will appear as a folder under your default account in Outlook. Time to move things around.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/94852-outlook-2010-unable-import-mail-wlm.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I can manually "export" my Outlook 2010 mail to a specific destination using Outlook's features.
But I want to schedule an "automatic" backup instead, weekly or monthly, etc.
My OS is Windows 10.
I tried Windows 10 Task Scheduler but cannot seem to have this do it for me.

Anyone know how to backup Outlook 2010 mail on a regular automatic basis?
Anyway to do this within Windows 10 or must one buy a software program too do this?

Thank you,
Tegiro

A:Automatic Backup OF Outlook 2010 Mail

Just include .pst in your regularly scheduled Windows backups.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/automatic-backup-of-outlook-2010-mail-1075650.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have been using Outlook 2003 for some time but only as a Contacts Manager. I would now like to use its e-mail facilities but don't know how to access the e-mail in Outlook 2003.

Where do I find the e-mail there please ?

A:Outlook 2003 e-mail - where do I find e-mail

Hiya pal

It looks like your looking more for a tutorial on how to use Outlook 2003 more than having a problem with it ... have a looky here pal Outlook 2003 Tutorials hopefully this will help

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/130206-outlook-2003-e-mail-where-do-i-find-e-mail.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello everyone,

I found a few interesting posts here, some similar to mine, so i thought i would join .

I subscribed to yahoo mail plus a couple of days ago in effort to save time and utilize outlook 2003. It all works fine except for the fact that none of my personal folders downloaded :s.
The inbox downloaded, the trash can, but none of 15 peronsal folders i had created in yahoo mail (http). Any clues or advice?

thanks in advance....

sam

A:Outlook 2003 + Yahoo Mail PLus

i will reply to myself and post another question since yahoo! help team replied to me:

Apparently, outlook 2003 does NOT download any personal folders! Its only set to see your inbox and your trash can! Thats about it... If you want personal folders, you will have to do the following:

1- move everything out of personal folders that are stored on the web and into your inbox
2- open outlook and create personal folder indentical to the ones online
3- move exisintg emails from inbox into personal folders and set filters in outlook2003!

So that's solved.
My other questions here is:

How can you get outlook to NOT "yank" out all the emails from your yahoo account...and instead only download them? (because outlook download and removes the emails in the inbox from your yahoo web account..... it doesnt only download).....

Thanx!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-yahoo-mail-plus.496374/
Relevancy 79.55%

I've set it up so that I can get my AOL (via IMAP subscription) email in Outlook 2003. For some reason, the spam filter is letting all kinds of junk emails thru to my inbox that normally would've been tagge as spam using AOL 9.0 software. I've been manually having to mark them as blocked sender - one by one. I can't highlight all and mark them as blocked/junk.

My question is: If I just drag all the spam emails to the junk folder will it also be automataically marked as a blocked email address?

Thanks,
Jerold

A:Outlook 2003 Junk Mail

Never found the junk mail in Outlook2003 to be very effective. Have used a free program called Spambayes for years. Nice thing is you "teach" it what you consider to be spam. After about a week it gets very efficient at moving junk mail to a junk mail folder and only what you consider to be junk mail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-junk-mail.598149/
Relevancy 79.55%

After installing Windows 7, I installed Word 2003, and thereby Outlook Express 2003.

Occasionally on receiving, the system refuses to download incoming mail. but after a try or two that is successful.

However, sending mail is impossible - either new mail or a reply to an incoming mail. The message I receive is 550 Administrative prohibition

As this is my personal computer, and I am the administrator, can anyone guide me as how to overcome this problem? Many thanks.

A:Sending e-mail thru MS outlook 2003

The problem is rights given to you on the other end of the line. Administrative prohibition means that your actions are not permissible by the actual mail server that is providing you service.

You may need to enable SMTP authentication. You need to access your Internet Email Settings and under the Outgoing Server tab there's an option that says "My outgoing server (smtp) requires authentication". Set it to that and have option "use same settings as my incoming server".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sending-e-mail-thru-ms-outlook-2003-a-549335.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Outlook 2003, new mail message when typing reaches bottom of the screen it continues below the line where it isn't visible unless you use the bar on the right with mouse drag to see what you typed. Came up in Outlook Safe Mode and it worked correctly 3-4 times then it didn't work until I rebooted in Outlook SAfe mode.

Perplexed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-new-mail-not-scrolling.257612/
Relevancy 79.55%

I'm using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. I have web mail which had about 8,000 emails in the inbox. Somehow I downloaded the same messages twice or more. Possibly I re-installed Outlook 2003 or imported a pst file, I don't remember. But now I have deleted them from the server. So the server only has 189 messages in my inbox. But I need to know how to delete these duplicate emails from my Outlook 2003 inbox before I start putting my emails in Outlook 2003 inbox in sub-folders by my chosen categories in Outlook 2003 so I may back them up by drag-n-drop from Outlook to My Documents\EMAIL folder I made which will have corresponding folders with Outlook 2003.

Now Outlook 2003 has 11,000 emails in it, possibly just in the inbox.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-downloaded-2x-from-web-mail.569989/
Relevancy 79.55%

Dears;

When i start new mail, it doesn't open with MS Word 2003. I checked the setting and found that the check box for this setting can not be checked as mentioned in attached picture. Please help as i want to compose mail with MS Word.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-for-ms-outlook-2003-mail-setup.1031888/
Relevancy 79.55%

Running outlook 2003 and XP home. just noticed to today that 98% of all my mail is going directly to junk mail. What has happened and how do I fix it. Gary

A:Outlook 2003 incoming mail

Hi staffingpro

In Outlook 2003,
Tools > Options > Preferences tab > Junk E-mail... button
What option is selected?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-incoming-mail.976718/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi guys
I have discovered this unusual problem of outlook delivering mail to a single user in triplicates. Please advise.

A:Outlook 2003 mail in triplicates

I would start off by looking at any rules they have set up and then see if they have multiple email profiles. This is generally the reason for duplicates.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-mail-in-triplicates.425207/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello! I am using Outlook 2003. I created a new mail account, and deleted the old one, because of a new server. Now all new mail is going to a new pst file, so it is not showing up in my inbox - to see new mail I have to open the new folder. And new mail going to the new folder does not trigger the new-mail-alerts I have set up. I tried the "view or change existing accounts" where it says "deliver new e-mail to the following location", but when I browsed to and selected my old pst file, I hit "finish" and closed out then restarted OUtlook, the change did not take. So it didnt work.

What am I doing wrong? Is there any way I can get new mail to drop into my original inbox?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lany

Relevancy 79.55%

I have a laptop that was used for getting company mail from an exchange server about a year ago I've been off that company's exchange server for about a year and decided to set it up to get mail from my personal account with my ISP Comcast by adding the Comcast POP mail account I had it going for about weeks with everything working Then today I decided to quot remove quot the mail account that was set up for the exchange server When I did that all the mail in my mail folder and my sent mail folder went away - Poof - Gone All the mail that was in those folders that went away was a mix of old mail from the exchange account and the mail I created and received with the Comcast POP account for the past two weeks I tried to restore the mail with the available pst files in quot Documents and Settings kgroth Outlook Mail Box Lost 2003 Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Outlook quot but they were only the Archived files from the old exchange account I never did an Archive since I set up the Comcast POP account I did find an ost file that seemed to be modified around the time I removed the exchange Outlook 2003 Lost Mail Box account but Outlook 2003 Lost Mail Box that was no help either I saved a copy Outlook 2003 Lost Mail Box of the ost file in another place renamed the original ost file as a pst file then ran scanpst exe to check it and all was good If ove the last two weeks I never did an archive are those mail messages gone would windows have saved a pst file or other file with those messages someplace else When it went away I searched for all files that that were modified at the time I made the change and found nothing that looked like it would be a back up of the outlook files Oh yeah when I removed the exchange mail box I saw that the messages were gone and tried to work my way around the outlook folders that were still there the archived ones - the ones that match up with the available pst files in the path above but as I was navigating around in outlook it crashed And no i did not want to notify microsoft about the error What do you think

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-2003-lost-mail-box-283624.html
Relevancy 79.55%

My Outlook won t send mail now and it tells me it cannot communicate with my outgoing mail server I checked my settings and they look fine as far as I can tell I don t know what port numbers I should have but I don t want to change them without some guidance if necessary I did send an email using an unencrypted wireless network successfully the morning before it happened When I got home it was not working properly not mail Outlook sending 2003 Maybe this is a coincidence I tried searching other posts but did not find one with this error Outlook 2003 not sending mail messages If I missed it sorry Sending reported error x Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing SMTP e-mail server If you continue to receive this Outlook 2003 not sending mail message contact your server administrator or Internet service provider ISP Sending reported error x Outlook 2003 not sending mail B The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending SMTP server If you continue to receive this message contact your server administrator or Internet service provider ISP nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

I tried to add my son an e mail account on outlook 2003 and all seemed ok but then an error message from postmaster said that account is disabled. I am not very good at all with computers and I am afraid that if I experiement I may end up screwing things up. Does anyone know what to do or should I wait till monday and call microsoft?

A:e mail disabled outlook 2003

Hello susan g,
You say "error message from postmaster said that account is disabled."
Is this your ISP postmaster?
Have you created more accounts than you are allowed?
More details please.

Moving on -

Were you able to send / receive emails successfully prior to making a new account for your son?
Did you delete your son's account?
Go to Control Panel -Programs - Default Progs - Set your Default Progs - make sure Outlook is listed there & set as Default.
Oh, & is Outlook fully updated? - including this -

Issues that are fixed in Outlook 2003 by Office 2003 Service Pack 3

http://www.vistax64.com/software/244900-e-mail-disabled-outlook-2003-a.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I am using Outlook 2003 and not Windows mail.
I put most of my emails in subfolders
Could I copy these email folders into empty folders in "documents"?
Would this be "exporting" them? If so, would they disappear from my inbox?
I've never been able to open outlook personal folders backups.
The more I learn, the less I understand!

http://www.vistax64.com/software/256861-outlook-2003-mail-question.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Fsome reason I have lost the information from Mail panel showind new mailings.

I cannot find out how to correct this. Must be blind

Appreciate assistance please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/379673-outlook-2003-mail-missing.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Dear all,

I want to copy all my mails in my inbox and sent items into a CD. Where in my C drive can I look for the mails?

Thanks.

Brgds,
mdass79

Relevancy 79.55%

Hi all. I have been searching for answers to 2003 Outlook problems I am having... I noticed someone else with the exact problem, however his solution didn't work for me, possibly because he was on dial up and I am not... I am able to receive email in outlook, but cannot send it. Error messages have ranged from error 550 address rejected, to no error just the email is returned... I have checked settings approx. 4,000 times, deleted and recreated the account, even purchased a new office package and reinstalled everything.. I am getting NOTHING!! I am using charter.net if that makes any difference, however, when I contact them, they assure me its not a problem on there end... I am afraid I will have to set my computer on fire if I don't get this solved soon.. either that or I will certainly be bald!!!
PLEASE HELP!!!

Relevancy 79.55%

Hi,

If I upgrade only the Outlook part of my Office 2003 installation to Outlook 2010 will the "Ribbon" style menu of Outlook 2010 be installed in my remaining Office 2003 menus?

I accept that at some point I will probably have to get to grips with the "Ribbon" style menus introduced initially in Office 2007. However, for the time being I would prefer to keep the classic menu layouts in Access 2003 and Excel 2003.

Rgds

A:Will Installation Of Outlook 2010 Install Ribbon In Access/Excel 2003

Aud Bint, No Installing outlook 2010 will not add anything to the office 2003 products that you have installed.
One problem that I noticed with office 2003 and outlook 2010 is that Sometimes after a microsoft update where they update some of the office products and outlook. You have to go to installed programs and repair the outlook 2010. It happened almost any time that microsoft updates were run and the office products were also updated.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/260491-will-installation-outlook-2010-install-ribbon-access-excel-2003-a.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I am running Outlook 2010, Windows 7 & continue to have a problem with new mail alerts & icon in the systray. I have everything marked for sound & desktop alert yet sometimes it works & other times it doesn't. I run Outlook 2010 @ work with XP & it functions properly all the time. Don't want to switch to Live mail, but at least I get the alerts of new mail

A:Outlook 2010-doesn't always show new mail alerts

Is it perhaps an IMAP account? If so, have a look here:

Outlook 2010 IMAP Notification Alert

It looks like having a different alert is the issue. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/310900-outlook-2010-doesnt-always-show-new-mail-alerts.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Exchange 2010

Client with the issue is running Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 Enterprise x64 (90% of users on this same OS). Desktop, hard wired on a steady internet connection.

With this user, some (not all) emails that are sent via a distribution group are delayed 5-20 minutes. For example, last week an email was sent out to all employees of our office at 4:50pm. This user got the email at 5:06pm. Looking at the header of the message, it does in fact show a time of 4:50. His send/receive settings match up with mine completely.

Anyone have any suggestions as of what to try next?

Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 - Mail Delay to Only One User on Domain

Do emails sent only to this one person show the same intermittent delays? Do you have access to the server logs to see what could be causing the delay?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-mail-delay-to-only-one-user-on-domain.1099540/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi all
While there are other methods of "Backing up " Email folders etc this method is EASY.

1) DOWNLOAD PFBACKUP.EXE from the Microsoft site Download details: Outlook 2007/2003/2002 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup

IT DOES work for outlook 2010 but you have to find it in the ADD INS on the menu - image shown.

This IMO is the EASIEST method of saving mail folders - very useful and quick when messing around with office versions on different computers too.

Cheers
jimbo

A:OUTLOOK 2010 - EASY MAIL BACKUP Folders etc

How did you get it to load with office 10? I run and it says error, office 2003 not loaded

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/81044-outlook-2010-easy-mail-backup-folders-etc.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have 2 64 bit machines
On my XP machine im trying to export WLM then importing to Outlook 2010 on my windows 7 machine

First off when exporting on XP machine:
Open Windows Live Mail.
In the Windows Live Mail window, click the File button and select ?Export? and then select ?Email messages?.
Select ?Microsoft Exchange? as the format and then click Next.
You will see a message that all email will be exported to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange, click Ok to continue.
You can export all email folders or select the appropriate folders that you want to export by using the ?Select folders? option.
After you select the appropriate option, click OK and wait for the export process to be completed.
When the ?Export Complete? dialog box appears, click ?Finish?.
Now..... Where does it export these too??? I cant find it anywhere...and it doesnt give me an option to choose...

A:exporting Windows Live mail to outlook 2010

you have to save the exported emails in CSV format as mentioned here Export emails and contacts from Windows Live mail to outlook 2010 - Microsoft Answers and while importing, import them as 'Tab separated file (Windows). there may be other options, not that im sure of, but i'll look for more.

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/226370-exporting-windows-live-mail-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 79.55%

For the last week or so my emails are not syning with either Outlook or the Windows Mail App I am using Hotmail yes i know still I got an wont App 2010, and Windows Mail Outlook sync email from Microsoft saying something along the lines of quot remove and Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync then re-add your account quot which i have done This is a copy and paste Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync of the email Hello In the next few weeks we ll be making some updates that will impact your outlook com hotmail live or msn email account Those changes will prevent your email from getting delivered to the Outlook desktop application you use When you notice that you stop receiving messages simply follow these two steps For Outlook Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync customers Remove your email account from your Outlook desktop application Re-add your email account to your Outlook desktop application For Outlook customers Remove your email account from your Outlook desktop application Re-add your email account to your Outlook desktop application For Outlook customers Remove your email account from your Outlook desktop application Re-add your email account to your Outlook desktop application When the update happens you may not be able to refer back to this email in your Outlook desktop application We recommend bookmarking or saving the two links remove and re-add in steps and above that apply to the version of Outlook you re using Remember you can always access this message by logging into your account at ww w outlook c om at any time If you don t know what version of Outlook you have you can click here for instructions to find out Thanks for your understanding and continued use Sincerely The Outlook team Microsoft respects your privacy To learn more please read our Privacy Statement Microsoft Corporation One Microsoft Wa y Redmond WA I tried setting up with the direction for IMAP It says to restart Outlook and then i get an error message which i dont have handy right now and the account has failed to set up Now i also tried setting up my email account in the Windows Mail App No luck either Googling around the Itnernet has yeilded nothing but mass confusion on other websites and forums

A:Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync

Solve the problem-

i found out out i was running 32 Bit Microsoft Office. I have a 64 Bit System. Removed, then reisntalled the 64 Bit version.
I then updated to make sure i have Office 2010 Service Pack 2 isntalled.

Not sure if this was the root of the problem. but my Outlook 2010 is now working again. I really dont use the Windows Mail App, so i dont know if that was fixed or not.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/31777-outlook-2010-windows-mail-app-wont-sync.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I just bought a new laptop because my old one was fried.

So I am using Windows 7 and bought Outlook 2010 to use for emails. Anyone know how I can import all of my old emails saved, account settings, etc, from Windows Mail on Vista? I have it all stored on an external harddrive. Tried to follow the steps that Outlook 2010 provides and it doesn't work.

Anyone have an idea?

A:Importing Emails into Outlook 2010 from Windows Mail

As for the Account settings, I would just reenter them manually.

I do NOT have 2010 installed, so I can not help with the others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-emails-into-outlook-2010-from-windows-mail.932486/