Windows Support Forum

Solved: Page numbering in Word 2007... different numbering for Section 1 and Section

Q: Solved: Page numbering in Word 2007... different numbering for Section 1 and Section

I used to know how to do this but I have forgotten... I need to have the numbers for Section 1 (title page, TOC, etc) be like i, ii, iii, etc... and then Section 2 (Chapter 1) needs to be page 1. Nothing I've tried is working, and I know this is simple, I've just forgotten how to do it! Thank you for your help!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Page numbering in Word 2007... different numbering for Section 1 and Section

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Page numbering in Word 2007... different numbering for Section 1 and Section

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-page-numbering-in-word-2007-different-numbering-for-section-1-and-section.1064228/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have just installed the latest driver from Kyocera for the FS-1020D. I am using the USB connection. This problem has occurred with Windows 7 Professional and Windows 8.

When I print the page, the print doesn't start until between 5cm and 14cm down the page (I tried printing off 5 pages, the first page started printing 14 cm down, then the remaining 4 pages left a top gap of 5 cm).

Any ideas?

A:Kyocera Fs-1020D - print starting hal-way down page

Cancel this request - I don't understand why, but after I tried printing from the MP tray, it suddenly sorted itself out and is now printing perfectly from both paper trays!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kyocera-fs-1020d-print-starting-hal-way-down-page.208284/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Windows 7 HP desktop system that is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable. The system says it is connected, and a ping confirms it is accessing the internet. BUT, all the browsers say the computer is not connected to the internet (tried Chrome, Firefox and IE). All of the Microsoft network adapters (6to4, ISATAP adapter, ISATAP adapter #2, Teredo Tunneling Adapter) shown under device manager cannot start (Code 10). the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is the only network adapter shown as working properly. What do I need to do to fix this? Let me know if there is any other information needed to help me.

A:Windows 7 computer says connect via ethernet and ping confirms but cannot get to any page

Does your router see this computer on the network?
Are you on Private Network or Home Network?
Is the IP address showing 192.168.x.x or is it showing 169.xx.xx.xx?

NIC network card you can do a few things. You can can disable it and re-able it.
Open dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: ipconfig /release
type: ipconfig /renew

Give this a sec or two.

Now under services.msc (use the control panel and type services)
Select view local services
Scroll down for
DHCP Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it
DNS Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it

If none of the above work go into the device manager. under control panel type: device manager. click on device manager

-Network adapters
-Realtek PCI-e this one uninstall the drivers (BUT DO NOT DELETE THEM)

Two options here.
One: Scan computer for new hardware changes
Two: Reboot the PC

Choose Two, because Windows will re-install the drivers and setup network card settings. for you. The Choosing One would do that same but you really want to flush out any prior issues that got you to this point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-computer-says-connect-via-ethernet-and-ping-confirms-but-cannot-get-to-any-page.207373/
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an ancient eMachines T- Intel P- Ghz single core Prescott I m running XP-SP fully updated with the exception of SP- If I install SP I lose the ability to do a repair install My AV product is AVG Free This thing s Loading Firefox Page with Slow my Slow Page Loading with Firefox go to erotica finder Trust me I don t log in to my bank with it Anyway it seems terribly slow at loading pages with the CPU at or pushing usage I can t load more than one page at a time Slow Page Loading with Firefox or I get a quot problem server reset before page loaded quot type error Once the other page s have loaded a simple reload page command establishes the connection Firkefox Slow Page Loading with Firefox ver is the browser of choice with quot NoScript quot installed I just did a repair install of the OS which is the only way I could get it to reload the internet driver Intel Pro That doesn t seem to have helped My question is I want anybody s best opinion as to whether this level of performance is what I should expect as typical with this rig or is it just plain worn out and I should retire it with full military honors nbsp

A:Slow Page Loading with Firefox

Try disabling no script. That may be eating up all your resources and slowing down the loading of webpages. If that doesnt work, try another browser like Chrome. I would try completely clean installing windows rather than repairing it since just repairing will not clear anything such as viruses off of the PC. Malware could be another culprit and clean installation will allow you to wipe it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-page-loading-with-firefox.202610/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to help with a problem. I am connected to my internet network on my PC through an Ethernet cable, but cannot access the internet through a browser or anything else. This is the second time this week this has happened. I had a separate PC issue early this week which caused me to reinstall windows. I have had the issue with connecting to the internet occur twice now since reinstalling windows, both times after installing windows updates. I resolved the first occur acne by having my ISP come out. I do not know what they did to fix the problem, only that the router was not the source, and he changed something while logged into the modem settings. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Cannot open web page, connected to router

First get a command prompt and then issue these to commands
ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup www.google.com

both should give some answers, neither should timeout or show errors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-open-web-page-connected-to-router.202181/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a client that has been asking me about a way to monitor internet activities or to get email addresses for people who use his wifi hotspots He owns a chain of restaurants and essentially wants a system page access? restaurant hotspot for Login that retrieves people s email addresses when they connect so he can send them promotional emails Personally I think this is a terrible idea but professionally I have to give him my opinion I was going to suggest that he have a sign in page that the router directs traffic to before it gives full connectivity to the user Login page for restaurant hotspot access? This page would Login page for restaurant hotspot access? have a user agreement that allows for sending promotional emails I ve seen these at airports and some other businesses and I hate them but this seems to be the least morally objectionable way to do what he s asking rather than implementing a shady web traffic monitoring system I m pretty sure all this would take would be to have the DHCP managed by a server that through the dns sends all traffic to a page that requires registering a login before granting full access to the network Has anyone done something like this themselves or have a suggestion for a method or application that aids in something like this Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/login-page-for-restaurant-hotspot-access.200163/
Relevancy 44.72%

Guys, a netbook with this config
pro:Intel atom 1.46ghz
Ram:1 gb ddr3
can run ms office 2007 or10 or13 easily without hanging up in middle of work and BIG PDF files also.For example netbook here is one:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-10-...Windows/dp/B001GZC8K8/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url
Thanks

A:Can a netbook run MS Word 2007-13 easily?

You would need to define exactly what you mean by big files.

I would say yes as Office 2010 is installed on one of our Netbooks, but that really depend on just how big a file you are referring to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-netbook-run-ms-word-2007-13-easily.190257/
Relevancy 10.75%

I was bored the other night so I No output reassembling parts video good solved after -- decided to assemble some parts I had laying around into a working system It was late and I d had a couple beers so I wasn t at my best I had some trouble installing the Hyper but finally had it all together and wired up It seemed to boot up fine all fans spinning both drives spinning but no output to video I knew that all parts came from a working system tried another No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved monitor tried a video card cleared CMOS reseated RAM no video Took it all apart and examined the mobo looking for shorted spots and cracks nothing I could see was wrong Went to bed had nightmares about electromagnetic pulse weapons testing randomly destroying computers all over the world Got up determined to fix a computer that shouldn t be broken installed the CPU and Hyper No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved again noticed that this time it lined up the screws much easier and didn t press the heatsink as tightly - looked at the instruction illustration again and realized I had the X bracket on wrong before quot breadboarded quot it and the video works Put it all back in the case testing at each step to make sure it was still getting VGA output It works fine now The extra mechanical force applied by the X bracket being wrong was enough to stress the CPU or the mobo to the point of throttling the video output somehow So for all you others who had the same problem no video after re-assembling good parts which Googled up in the hundreds this is one thing you might check When installed properly most coolers will twist a couple of degrees without too much trouble If it s rigidly immobile like mine was last night with X bracket installed wrong then something s wrong The lesson learned here is don t drink and attempt to build a computer even if it s only beers in hours nbsp

A:No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved

I guess you could say...
The shlt hit the fan.
ok, terrible pun, I'm sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-after-reassembling-good-parts-solved.185193/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have made a mistake in my computer and I do not know what I did or where I did it to create the screen to become black when I go to a second screen. I can open a website fine, but when I go to a second page it comes up black with only very light grey printing. Can someone walk me through changing this back from black to a more readable color?
Oh, I forgot to tell that I have Windows 7 on this laptop.

A:Opening second page comes up black

Are you talking about an external monitor connected to the laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/opening-second-page-comes-up-black.184086/
Relevancy 10.75%

I wasn't able to connect through my wireless router to the internet on any of my wireless devices until I plugged in my wireless usb stick. I plugged it into one laptop, and now I can use both. Why would this happen? My mother has the same connectivity issue, and do you think I should try the same thing? It seems as though that every wireless connection that I come across has this problem lately. Every single one. I am confused, is it just me?

Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network. I used to get that error every time I tried to repair connection.

A:I have solved my limited connectivity and need some answers

I think the lack of responses here may be the result of everyone else being confused as well.

Try explaining that a little better, its not exactly clear what your problem is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-solved-my-limited-connectivity-and-need-some-answers.174540/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi Everyone Desperately in need of help right now I m now currently unable to load ANY page which requires a login eg Hotmail Youtube any load which a page Can't requires login Login Page Facebook Yahoo Login Page etc I came across this forum and wanted to post a new Can't load any page which requires a login thread to look for help regarding my problem but this forum also required me to make an account BUT since I m unable to load any log in pages I can t load the log in page to my email too I m a computer newbie so I m really at a loss right now This login problem does not only apply to my computer though other computers in my house my iPhone and my PS also have the log in problem with any application or website with requires a login I m guessing it has something to do with either my Router or my ISP But I have no idea where to start or what to do to find out what s the problem I doubt it s a malware or any kind of bug though But just to confirm what can I do Any help is greatly appreciated PLEASE and thanks nbsp

A:Can't load any page which requires a login

JuicyDragon said:

This login problem does not only apply to my computer though, other computers in my house, my iPhone and my PS3 also have the log in problem with any application or website with requires a login. I'm guessing it has something to do with either my Router or my ISPClick to expand...

Good guess; common symptom across multiple devices implies something higher up in the network.
I suspect you have a port problem for port 443, secured http (HTTPS://)

Using a wired connection to your router, launch a browser and enter the router IP address as if it were a URL. This will access the router config page but should prompt for the admin/pwd.

Now you need the Admin-id, password and the IP address of your router, all of which are make/model dependent - - Please post the name/model number of your router so we can continue . . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-load-any-page-which-requires-a-login.172593/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi My system already had an Nvidia GT Gcard installed and running for about years now Yesterday i got a BOOTMGR error and had to repait that file using the Windows Disc This involved using the onboard video chip of my motherboard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group - Model GF -M TE Upon resolving the BOOTMGR issue i was unable to resuse my graphics card I have tried reinstalling drivers motherboard drivers resetting CMOS etc The trouble is when i try disabling the onboard chip through device manager it still will not switch to the issue (not solved card Graphics threads) by other any Gcard There is also only an Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads) option in BIOS to set the onboard chip to ON or Auto ON I do not have the driver CD for the graphics card and gave been using the Nvidia site for them Also what appears to be odd is that the computer does not detect the Gcard at all and only the onboard chip even if i uninstall the drivers for it and disable it Any help would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads)

I suggest a clean reinstall of the OS and drivers from scratch. Clean out your PC, re-seat all the components and continue with a fresh install of OS, drivers, etc.

If that doesn't work, then it's an issue with your card or the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-not-solved-by-any-other-threads.169495/
Relevancy 21.07%

I'm looking for a little 10-inch laptop for schoolwork and browsing, not gaming or anything intense like that.
Looking for what recommended minimum specs I should be on the lookout for.

I'm considering this little Samsung 10.1" Netbook featuring Intel Atom N455 Processor (N145)
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...l-atom-n455-processor-n145-n145/10161401.aspx

My local pc folks are selling it for $400 CAD tax included, including $73 upgrade from 1G ram to 4G.
Good price?

I'd rather buy from a local store than purchase online, if not for reliability of purchase and continued support options.

A:Recommended specs for a word processing notebook?

What is the ratio between Canada and US when it comes to money? According to that link the system is on sale until 8/11 for $219.00.

The biggest issues for me would be that the Best Buy offer only has a) Windows 7 Starter installed; not even Home Premium, b) no need for 4 gigs if the operating system is only 32-bit because only a 64-bit OS will utilize 4 gigs and more RAM, c) the Intel Atom is slow.

So, IMO, it isn't worth $400 locally as is and again no need for 4 gigs if the OS is 32-bit. Shop around more and search for a Lenovo x120e system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommended-specs-for-a-word-processing-notebook.169065/
Relevancy 21.93%

Whenever i type in my ip address in my internet address bar(192.168.x.y) the page brings me to "Unable to connect" "FireFox cannot establish a connection to the server 192.168.x.y". I have also tried it in IE but it just google searches my IP Address. Also this problem is usually off and on. One day i can get on and the next day it wont let me access the page.

A:Cannot connect to my router's web page via IP address

first, get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG

the last line shown as the Default address is your router's address.

If that's the address you already attempted, then

download LSPFIX,
install and run from an ADMIN login, reboot the system and then try accessing your router again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-my-routers-web-page-via-ip-address.166074/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi everyone out there. I have been working on a emachine desktop that the customer could not get there ie to work. Well I did what I had to to find out that the adapter was bad so I replaced it with an usb network adapter. now it is saying that it is connected but ie will still not display the page. I have made sure that the settings are automatically detected. I need serious help. I know it's something simple. I have reset my router and modem and it still displays the same msg. I have a laptop connected to the same router and modem and its connection is fine. On the desktop I'm even able to update programs on the computer but ie just won't work. What could be wrong? Pls hlp!

A:Internet connected, but IE cannot display this page

You might want to check to be sure the browser is not in offline mode, especially if other network functions are working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connected-but-ie-cannot-display-this-page.162855/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hp laserjet 5p

Wont print whats shown to be print from adobe reader or paint. I used windows xp drivers to install this. Hp doesnt have drivers for this printer. When I all it prints is 2 pages with one of letters on one and bar of ink on the other.

A:Printer won't print what's shown on the page

Does sound like the wrong printer driver.
Which Windows system are you using? I am guessing you are running Vista or 7, and using an XP printer driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-wont-print-whats-shown-on-the-page.160480/
Relevancy 10.75%

hey y all- i had a for undervolted PS modem Problem solved: modem connectivity problem that had an easy answer and I thought I would post a note just to keep us all thinking creatively -- My computer DSL connection was iff-y then died I figured out that the power supply for the wire modem Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem was dead - I did this by Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem process-of-elimination and by don t try this at home sticking my tongue on the power tip of the power supply - at volts you should feel a little buzz - no buzz dead power supply So I head of to Radio Shack Go Lance They don t have a volt ps They do have a multi-power adapter that includes volt in the range of selectable voltage by a switch It costs more than a plain volt power adapter should but I want to read Techspot so I Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem pay the extra money for a multi-adapter rather than find one off the web and wait for shipping Multi-adapter had wrong polarity and this was not switchable so I had to cut and reverse the wiring don t try this at home unless you know what you are doing - wrong polarity will smoke and kill whatever low -voltage thingie yo uplug in including DSL modem Prob Solved Months later I get modem problems I think it is a wireless connectivity problem because whenever I try to hit the web by wireless the modem freaks out Somehow days later it occurs to me power could be wrong sure enough one of my preschoolers had somehow pushed the power adapter voltage slector switch from volt to volt -- so when the desktop and the laptop were both trying to pull data through the wire modem it was just enough power drain to make the modem shut off So if you have connectivity problems as always check the classic quot is it plugged in Is it turned on quot intervention first - check for a dead power adapter on your modem And if you have to improvise and use a multi-voltage power supply adapter you might want to glue or tape the voltage selector button in place nbsp

A:Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem

This is called "Common Sense" troubleshooting

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-solved-undervolted-ps-for-modem.158649/
Relevancy 10.32%

I Logitech stopped Left wireless working click mouse on (Solved) m creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem Here s what I Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) tried and at least in my case how i solved a quot mouse left click doesn t work quot problem I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) wireless mouse but left click didn t work although Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine Things i first tried that didn t help gt Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers gt Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware gt Pressing the quot reconnect quot button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse gt Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries Then i had a hunch well it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it When i put batteries back in the next morning the mouse has been working fine again ever since Go figure stickout nbsp

A:Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/left-click-on-logitech-wireless-mouse-stopped-working-solved.158582/
Relevancy 10.75%

Short version - I used DG45ID (solved) motherboard Intel dead a non compatible cpu which has the effect of leaving Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) the board switched on Long version - I bought the DG ID off ebay and got a CPU to go in it I switched on the fan worked and HDD was active but no screen The USBs were active When I switched off at the mains When I switched on it powered up without the start button I realised I had a non compatible cpu I bought an E The first time I switched on at the mains it came on without the start button but subsequently I had to press start to power the board ie as normal CMOS jumper When I bought it the jumper connected pin with the LED pin I assume that is like a removed jumper ie BIOS flash mode Hence Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) when I connected a DVD drive it Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) crashed I assume it was looking for a bio file Nothing I could do would recover the board The green standby light came on but nothing else It was dead No USB power no fans nothing I remembered the wrong CPU that had left the board quot switched on quot I put it in and it behaved as before power but no monitor I then replaced the E and hey presto I was in but only on cmos recovery there was no bios But the USBs were active So I removed the jumper flashed the BIOS from a USB stick and it s up and running NB the intel manual is wrong regarding the CMOS pins It shows pin closest to the battery That is actually pin If you look I can t post the pdf link page the pin is clearly show closest to the battery I thought it was strange that all the images on Google show the jumper on pins furthest from the battery the manual says that is the recovery position nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-dg45id-motherboard-dead-solved.158177/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi there I just bought a wbr- dlink wireless router My network situation cable modem hooked up to the dlink router with wired desktop PCs and a wireless Wii connecting I bought the dlink because my previous aging router web D-Link wired wbr page 2310 intermittent resolving stopped D-Link wbr 2310 intermittent wired web page resolving functioning and because it was cheap which I diagnosed by D-Link wbr 2310 intermittent wired web page resolving plugging each of the computers into the modem directly D-Link wbr 2310 intermittent wired web page resolving The connection was perfect in that case but neither computer could connect to anything with the router in between I tried switching ethernet cables that were between the router and modem as well So that establishes that neither the computer nor modem had any issues and that the router which performed admirably to this point suddenly died Now on to the DLink router After installing the dlink I immediately noticed a huge difference between how it functioned compared to the previous router For some reason most basic web page connections will fail unless - refresh reloads are done on the page I can t say the connection drops completely as I ve played online video games without disconnection but web page viewing has become extremely painful Is there anything I can do with this router to fix this extreme intermittent web page resolving issue nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-wbr-2310-intermittent-wired-web-page-resolving.148047/
Relevancy 22.36%

Right now i have 6 gigs of ram on my computer and over 10 gigs of page file ram. Do i need that? If i didnt use page file ram, would it make my computer faster or slower?

A:I have 6gb ram. Do I still need page file ram?

What OS are you using? Generally the OS allocates the pagefile. No matter how much RAM you have, a certain amount of pagefile is always necessary.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-6gb-ram-do-i-still-need-page-file-ram.145859/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey there everyone! I'm pretty new to this forum but i really need your help.

Earlier today i experience 2 different BSOD erros at different times, and for no apparent reason.

I'm not sure what the reason is for either of them since i just reformatted earlier today. I have the dump file for each of the BSODs. It is attached.

Could anyone possibly tell me what the problem could be? Thanks in advance

A:BSODs - (driver is mismanaging system PTEs, page fault in non-paged area)

nothing attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-driver-is-mismanaging-system-ptes-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.144785/
Relevancy 21.5%

hi guys Fist of all ty for anyone who can help me I got a hp intel core quads mb memory go fail page not able F11 start - PC boot, Discs to not working on Recovery hard drive NVIDIA gs window xp service pack I am having a big problem here I was downloading a codec when this first happen the blue screen stay like sec then pc reboot choice to start fail since they all lead to he blue screen who stay sec and then restart My Recovery disk are been read since i can press see them with my hard disk but when i try to start with it nothing happen but the blue PC not able to boot, Recovery Discs fail - F11 not working on start page screen for the last hours if try many things if been able with patience and time and focus too see a little bit my error code who looks like i dont know x witch after reading on the internet seem to be x f For now i cannot press f and Reboot when i plug in the pc its unplug if not it only do the same fail by itself for eternity i did deactivated PC not able to boot, Recovery Discs fail - F11 not working on start page auto-restart but it restart and fail anyway please help me thanks nbsp

A:PC not able to boot, Recovery Discs fail - F11 not working on start page

when you hit F8 and disable system automatic restart, it still restarts without displaying the blue screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-not-able-to-boot-recovery-discs-fail-f11-not-working-on-start-page.141133/
Relevancy 22.36%

Windows 2000 pro
HP DC5000 MB
2 gigs mem
Ok about a month ago I went to surf the web and kept getting "web site found waiting for reply" but the page never loaded.
I used the win 2k install disk, ran the repair and that fixed it. Yesterday the same thing happened "web site found waiting for reply" but the page never loaded, ran the repair again but this time that did not fix it. Help please.

A:Page never loads

Does this happen on all webpages or just one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-never-loads.140610/
Relevancy 10.75%

I did a fresh install of Linux Fedora and discovered that this new version of Fedora doesn t like my Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card I tried numerous installation techniques but they failed every time I scoured the forums for answers but no single answer would work Finally I rearranged the steps from a graphics Linux card Installation on of Nvidia SOLVED Fedora 12 couple of different forums and it worked If you re having trouble getting your Nvidia card installed in Fedora then give this a try Let me know if it works Nvidia Driver Install for Fedora Edit the boot grub grub conf file using Gedit Open a Terminal Window Login as Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED superuser enter quot su quot at the command prompt and press Enter You ll be prompted for your password Type it in and press Enter Paste Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED gedit boot grub grub conf into command prompt and then press Enter Find the kernel line in the grub conf file It will say something like kernel vmlinuz- - local fc x Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED ro root UUID XXX rhgb quiet After the word quiet paste nouveau modeset Save and close the grub conf file At the Terminal prompt paste setsebool -P allow execstack on and press enter At the Terminal prompt paste yum --enablerepo rp g install kmod-nvidia uname -m xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs i xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs x Exit all instances of Terminal Reboot Well that s what worked for me I m running Fedora in x screen resolution using my Nvidia GeForce GTX card It looks great Hope this works for you too Best of luck Stevizard nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installation-of-nvidia-graphics-card-on-linux-fedora-12-solved.138392/
Relevancy 10.75%

I would just like to revisit one of the posts from yesteryear Entitled Raid Problems and Essential Data Recovery I had a major problem with my HD discs after my motherboard blew When I replaced my motherboard due to the bios not being configured Data Raid Essential Problems 0 solved Recovery and to know how my Raid drives operated I thought I d lost it all - and so did everyone on these forums and my friends BUT after a little use of common sense and hope I got it all back and I did it all by myself Here s the basics I got a cheap IDE HD disc drive I stuck it into my motherboard as the master drive with my Raid ones as they were in the raid slots didn t matter which way round I installed Windows on the IDE drive I bought some software like Runtime Raid Reconstructor I ran that software It detected the Raid drives even though windows couldn t I asked it to perform a configuration test It completed the test and opened my drives I used an external drive to remove Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved all stored data off the Raid drives I eventually removed the IDE drive and formatted the Raid drives ready for a standard configuration and Windows Install I put all my files back Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved on to the Raid drives from my external JOB DONE Now I ain t no tech head right BUT I understood that the concept of openning Raid drives in RAID requires two bits of information Block size Drive priority ie which is first second Any Raid reconstruction software will work out through trail and error what the configuration is of your drives so you can get your data off This isn t a tech heads version of what to do but I was stuck for months last year thinking I d lost it all I of course won the battle and punched the air a fair number of times Hope this helps any of you out there in the troblesome Raid land nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-problems-and-essential-data-recovery-solved.134378/
Relevancy 10.75%

I want to put this up just encase anyone had the same problem I did and if I remember correctly there were a few people that posted the same problem on other forums The problem When I ran anything very graphically intensive like crysis furmark or when I ran a game without vsync on my PC would crash and I would just see lines on the screen or just see blackness 4850 Crashing problem solved I even got a replacement for my card and they said it was faulty and sent me a new one but it still happened just less often Solution In your bios set the pcie frequency to not auto How came to this conclusion I had just helped my friend build a PC for the first time and he had done a lot of research and as we were overclocking his CPU he mentioned that he heard you should set the pcie frequency on your motherboard to not auto or it will overclock itself during intense graphics After I had a few more crashes I remembered him mentioning this 4850 Crashing problem solved so I tried it and no more crashing not even in furmark So thanks to him I don t have to worry about crysis cashing anymore and I can finally overclock nbsp

A:4850 Crashing problem solved

Hey thanks for posting this!
I have the same videocard 4850 and it gave the same problems and i didn't know why.
Thanks for posting this (I thought i was the only one).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4850-crashing-problem-solved.131682/
Relevancy 74.39%

Alright guys, I have come to the conclusion that this problem can only be a result of a faulty/old motherboard. Any insight/confirmation/insults are appreciated.

Problem: My speakers have been crackling on a consistent basis for the last month or two. Sometimes they are quiet for a half hour at a time, but other times they crackle constantly for several minutes. This occurs regardless of what programs are running, and crackles at the same volume regardless of the volume of the speakers. Touching the cords does not affect the crackling sound.

Things I have tried:

I swapped speakers. Three different kinds of speakers are all crackling when plugged in.

I thought the microphone might be to blame, but I have unplugged the microphone and the problem persists.

I have tried two different sound cards. The cracking continues.

ASUS A8N SLI-Deluxe Mobo, approximately 2 years old. Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks.

A:A speaker question in the mobo section?

Have you tried connecting the speakers to any other audio source? That would definetly tell you if it's anything computer-related or if it's the speakers that are faulty.

You could try to connect the speakers to anything with a 3.5mm jack for headphones, like an mp3 player, cd player or stereo and maybe even a TV (Some have headphone jacks). If you have adapters you can connect the speakers to an audio source using regular RCA cables as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-speaker-question-in-the-mobo-section.129311/
Relevancy 21.93%

ok here goes to the best of my descriptive powers.

my computer scree is to light, and the graphics are missing. I must have changed something and now I cannot seem to correct it.

its like its missing where to click example if i am on a page i regularly visit i know where
the places are or i guess, if i place the cursor over that invisible point the hand indicates that i can click.

is this making sense? the pages are not vibrant and are blank in places i have a hp 6400
and i am using a usb stick wireless but it does the same thing when wired at work.

thanks please walk me through the steps to correct.

A:Internet web page graphics setting

You might need to reinstall your graphics drivers. These can be found on the HP support site using the model number of the laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-web-page-graphics-setting.128819/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Windows XP, and an Ethernet Cable is connected to by a wireless router. It says everything is connected to the Internet, but when I try to go on IE, or Firefox its "Page cannot be found" I try refreshing, and still nothing. Right now I'm on a computer that works ( as why I can post this now) but the other one in a different room doesnt work. I'll post any information as needed. Thanks!!

A:Reload this Page Connected but no Internet (Windows XP)

Hi

1) try swapping out the cable between the PC and the wireless router.

2) go into device manager (start settings control panel system hardware device manager) and see if your network card is listed.

3) if its listed then click start run and type cmd and press enter in the black box type ipconfig and post the details back here. we can see if its getting an address.

4) if 2 shows and error then right click and uninstall the card and reboot and let windows find it again and it should reinstall it,

I wont go any further until you post back with what you have tested so far, then we can go from there.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reload-this-page-connected-but-no-internet-windows-xp.127289/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all,
I would like some input from the more learned in the room. Since DDR2 is so cheap, and as someone else in here put it, my enthusiast OCD wont let there be empty dimms on my board, I filled er up with 8GB of OCZ. and 4gb of it is pretty much useless. a while back i read up on turning off the page file. its a strange subject as experts seem to be split on weather this is a good idea or not. from what i can tell the page file is an antiquated relic,like memory mapped IO reservations, from when 64mb was a lot of ram. does anyone have any experience with this? , and know how to use it to increase performance? would like to hear from you. thanks

A:Page file input

modern system use pagefiles!

in fact, the whole system uses the model

Code:
program ---> accesses Virtual Memory <---> real memory
This allows large programs to run even when there is only a limited amount of real RAM on the platform.

Using multiple programming model then allows many programs to use the VM
at the expense of stealing memory pages from other programs which are currently not active.

Unless you have x64 hardware, that 8gb is fruitless and XP will limit the effective use to something between 3-4gb.

Don't out smart yourself nor swim up-stream -- just go with the flow and be happy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-file-input.126496/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hiya,

I have wireless broadband on my laptop and there is a Protected Mode On, which I think is part of the built in firewall in the trial antivirus programme. It lets me download certain websites like this one, for example, but it won't let me go into Googlemail and comes up with the message in the title.

Is there anyway I can fix this. I googled it and another forum has said to go into Control Panel, Systems and Maintenance, Administrative Tools, Scheduled Tasks. Under "Active Tasks" double-click on "InternetServicesand offers", left click to highlight and press Delete to delete this.

Is this an advisable step to take?

Compused

A:Navigation to the web page was cancelled

Is this in Vista, Internet Explorer 8? If so, go to "Tools", "Internet Options", "Advanced", select "Reset"... You might have an Add-On that is causing this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/navigation-to-the-web-page-was-cancelled.125929/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have received several floppies from a customer of mine who would very much appreciate anything I can file processor recoverable? Word do to recover the files off of them They contain parts of a book he was writing on an old word processor I can get Word processor file recoverable? more details on the specific processor he used if needed Upon inserting the disc they all obviously ask me if I would like to format the disc and reads no data Word processor file recoverable? on them I am wondering if there are any Word processor file recoverable? programs availiable to read the data or if I should possibly install windows onto one of my older towers I have stored away see if they will read the info Here is a link to an earlier thread reguarding this similar topic and realblackstuff speaks of a program called smartdisk that reads over different types of files Anyone know about this at all Here is the link to the topic here in techspot http www techspot com vb all wind -old-Floppy-discs-used-by-Word-Processor html I followed the whole thread but came up empty My only lead seems to be the smartdisk program mentioned but I cannot seem to find it Basically any alternative method would be greatly appreciated to get this data off the discs somehow nbsp

A:Word processor file recoverable?

Look I'm not trying to spam or anything but try the TRIAL of http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/
If this doesn't help on your floppy recovery then they may be toast

If it does work (but obviously you cannot recover under trial) then we'll try to source some free alternatives

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/word-processor-file-recoverable.123584/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I know a good amount about computers but i have almost no knowledge about audio cards I m currently running a Dell Inspiron and have full factory default hardware and settings its a dell many personal problems with dell so i don t mess with them anymore One day my volume controls quot disappeared quot so i rebooted my comp and they still weren t there so i uninstalled my audio driver and rebooted then reinstalled the driver with another problems Solved: Sigmatel audio Major card with reboot Nothing So i repeated this process times installing from the CD provided by Dell and times from dell com Still nothing I then decided to do an operating system repair Took over hours and got to the Windows XP Boot screen the one with the XP symbol right in the center durring pc boot up and it said quot Please Wait quot Sat like that for hours So I turned off my comp and rebooted it Everything works but the audio still After the Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card quot repair quot i tried twice from the CD and twice from dell com and still nothing I don t know if its my sound card or just faulty downloads Please help nbsp

A:Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card

Please confirm all your Dell drivers are updated from visiting this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-major-problems-with-sigmatel-audio-card.117340/
Relevancy 44.29%

When composing an e-mail in Outlook 2007 (Vista), the typing never wraps round to the next line; it types as one continuous line from left to right. What do you do to change this back to multi-line?

Thanks for you help.

Compused

A:Outlook 2007 (Vista) email page layout

Which format are you using to compose the message? (HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007-vista-email-page-layout.122456/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi all I googled looking for solutions to problems recovering a Compaq Presario computer and found a link here so I thought I would post a possible solution I have stumbled across Make sure the system you are recovering has been restored to FACTORY SPECS That means removing anything that wasn t in it when it was new PC Name Recovery solved problems brand I just tried to restore a Name brand PC Recovery problems solved Compaq Presario SR AN with a new hard drive in it from a new set of HP supplied recovery disks I got one error after another with problems copying files to the Name brand PC Recovery problems solved hard drive I got as Name brand PC Recovery problems solved far as a reported of the installation before I was forced to stop It reported problems copying Driver CAB and Base INP I managed to get Driver Cab installed by putting in a recovery disk from a different set but no way could I get Base INP to work After suggestions from HP that the Motherboard wasn t plugged in WTF I tried dismantling the machine and reseating the CPU that I had previously removed in cleaning and reseating the undisturbed DVD IDE cable and the HDD IDE cable I also removed the extra MB of RAM that the customer had installed to take the system from the factory supplied up to I then re-ran the recovery process with absolutely no problems I believe there was no problem with the seating of the cables or CPU I believe the main problem with the system was that the recovery process baulked when it discovered more RAM than HP had installed and would not continue I know next time I have to recover an HP Compaq or other brand OEM system I will be ensuring that the system is COMPLETELY back to FACTORY SPEC nbsp

A:Name brand PC Recovery problems solved

I take it that the extra 256Meg of Ram did not originally come from HP
I'm not sure if that's relevant or not, but even same rating Ram (but different manufacture) has been known to cause issues (ie best to use exactly the same Ram cards always)

I was discussing a similar matter earlier on here: Windows will not boot with more than 2gb of ram (although the emphasis in that thread was the 2Gig max, before installing Windows, and strangeness of having increased ram in a system)

Either way, thanks for your post, it was interesting to note this issue (and likely cause)
Many times during a Setup fault, I have advised members to remove extra Ram cards and try again. It may be that the originally recorded Ram (under re-imaging) may be the answer (on some computers that may have Setup problems) Sadly you would need to test this issue on 10 similar, same spec, computers to really confirm. Or contact HP technical support, or possibly their tech forum, to ask of others experiences.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/name-brand-pc-recovery-problems-solved.121467/
Relevancy 10.75%

Of late I found my desktop PC crashing now and then. The situation was getting worse by the day and it was becoming frustrating to use the PC.

I opened the box and got my fingers dirty, so before I looked further I decided to blow out all the dust with a vacuum cleaner. Loads of dust billowed out. I would recommend holding the CPU fan blades so that it does not spin uncontrollably.

After the dust clean up, the PC is working great and no unwanted crashes. I guess the dust was preventing the cooling of the CPU.

A:WinXP constant crashes solved

Thanks for the info

I stated similar fixes, and other common power up fixes here:Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winxp-constant-crashes-solved.120934/
Relevancy 21.93%

A few weeks ago we downloaded an updated driver for our video card so that my son could play a particular game. Now everything on our computer is larger in size: our desktop icons, our internet pages, our office software, etc. Is there an easy way to return everything back to it's original size or I am going to have to do it program by program?

A:Quick Question about page size, icons, etc

Right click an open area of the desktop, Left click properties, left click settings, move the screen resolution slider to the right a couple spots and apply. That's how you adjust that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-question-about-page-size-icons-etc.120607/
Relevancy 21.93%

when i try to change the font in excel or word it freezes and then crashes. but it doesn't do this with power point or one note. i have reinstalled it, deleted the normal.dot thing but nothing seems to work. and yes i have done the Microsoft diagnostics but it says that it should be working fine. so it would be nice if some 1 knew why this happens and how to fix it

A:Microsoft Word 07 freezes

any 1? come on there must be some 1 that has had this happen to them and know a fix for this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-word-07-freezes.119814/
Relevancy 10.75%

I have had my gateway desktop computer for years now and recently had to have someone come fix some sticky issues with it It involved partially reinstalling the OS after are Media problems solved on troubles Keyboard OS Key PS/2 or something along the lines where Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved the OS CD was involved It s XP by the way Everything seemed to be working fine except when I went to use my iTunes program The problem is with my keyboard a PS keyboard whose brand I am unsure of as it s the keyboard that originally came with the computer I ve been using iTunes for years now and the media keys on my keyboard play pause stop foward back ect have always functioned with it I could go through playlists just fine by simply hitting the keyboard buttons However after this issue that required messing with the OS I found that my media keys won t work with iTunes An error message pops up and says quot There is no CD in the drive Please insert an audio CD VCD or DVD and try again quot I have NEVER gotten this message before now Is there a way to adjust my settings for my keyboard to work with iTunes again either via iTunes itself or something else Thanks nbsp

A:Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved

Try reinstalling iTunes!! Or get a USB keyboard, theres a link i will post you but your gonna hav to be a little patient as i cant send you that link until i have five posts here lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-key-troubles-on-ps-2-keyboard-after-os-problems-are-solved.115870/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi there,
Can anyone help me? I'm quite desperate here.
I'm having problem with my keyboard/USB.
When I press any key on the keyboard, that instant all USB devices are disconnected. And soon after I unpress it, the system will detect all USB devices like they were just plugged in. I say all USB devices, cause it doesn't matter USB mouse or USB drive, they all get disconnected.
It's frustrating me cause I can't use a USB mouse.
Please help

I'm using a Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA.

A:Solved: Pressing key disconnects USB Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA

How many USB ports does that have? and what are connecting them. If you could also please look in your event viewer (Start>control panel>administrative tools>eventviewer, and check the "SYSTEM" area. double click any item in that list for a detailed description. You should see some errors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-pressing-key-disconnects-usb-lenovo-3000-n100-0689gra.73059/
Relevancy 21.93%

Yes I have Area Nonpaged Fault BSOD-Page in fallen victim to the infamous alias doesn t really tell you anything code stop error To set up my current state of frustration here s my story A few weeks ago my rig began randomly blue screening and hanging no real rhyme or reason just bam blue screen or hang I began the usual diagnostics restored to previous states ensured current drivers etc ultimately to discover one of my RAM sticks as bad Memtest I replaced both sticks with a different set formatted re-installed the OS long story got the system back to operation Up until today all was good my rig was seemingly running as strong as when I built it Then bam BSOD code with the ambiguous error statement other than codes that I have not been able BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area to find definitive explanation for At this point however I have noticed that the first and subsequent BSs I have gotten are only during video or D applications pretty easy at this point to suspect one of the video cards But before I spend yet another week tearing into my box after I spent what little spare time I ve had in the last two weeks putting it back together I thought I d ask if there is anyone who can clarify the error codes for me or point me in the direction of clarifying them myself googling turned up zip The code STOP x xBAC F x xBAC F x My rig relevent specs Mobo XFX i nVidia chipset most current BIOS CPU BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area E stock voltage and clock GHz RAM Gig - gig dual channel kit OCZ Reaper DDR PSU Corsair TX amp single v rail GPU XFX GTs in SLI drivers OS Windows Xp Pro bit SP all current updates Onboard audio used current drivers - DVD RW drives SATA HDDs totaling Gig all nicely fitting in a well circulating Cooler Master Centurion My guess at the code would be since there are two BAC errors with one followed by an IRQ error that maybe one card is bad Takin a wild shot there but like I said my searches up to this point have been fruitless Any help would be much appreciated TBolt Edit Forgot to mention that following a BS I reboot into Windows normally fine and can BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area stay there for relatively long periods of time so long as I don t do anything too demanding or requiring heavy use of video d sniff video card or driver sniff I ll attach a dump file or two once I figure out how Edit Ah ha here we go attachments nbsp

A:BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Minidumps are most commonly placed in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

You can upload your dumps, as is, with your posts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.110557/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi there I purchased my first ever laptop it is a Evesham Explorer a few days ago It came on Friday Now it Sunday and 2007 Laptop Boot Evesham Explorer Problem: its not working As you may expect I m am slightly annoyed Here is the problem I am having I Laptop Boot Problem: Evesham Explorer 2007 pressed Ctrl-Alt-Delete to end a program task I ended it but it started making a weird noise I was like wtf is going on dead Kept making a noise Laptop Boot Problem: Evesham Explorer 2007 and a red light i think it was something to do with the battery kept flashing and still making an annoying beep sound Laptop Boot Problem: Evesham Explorer 2007 So I shut it down Now I cant start it up roll The red light still flickers and it loaded up just past the boot screen Then shuts down automatically By this point I m freaking out evil Sooo I try boot it again same thing this time no sound Weird So I boot it without having it plugged in to a socket just from the battery same thing I try clean near the fan and stuff same thing I try take the battery out put it back in same thing I take the battery out and run it from the mains same thing I put the battery back in same thing Just a while ago I tried again now it wont even boot up Can anyone help me I don t know what to do now I have read a few bad things about the company and there products which I just found today after doing a Google search I would never have brought it if I knew this before hand nbsp

A:Laptop Boot Problem: Evesham Explorer 2007

The only thing you can really do is take it back and demand it be fixed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-boot-problem-evesham-explorer-2007.94593/
Relevancy 10.75%

So i bought my new 2 sea gate drives,and as before like i said the previous hds was randomly getting dced etc,now when i bought the new drives worked great then started to do the same thing as the previous drives,not being picked up in bios etc,then i decided to change the plug in my ultra x3 800 watt psu to a molex to sata connection,that worked picking up the hds no problem,

so does it sound like a wire issue or the psu giving the issue?cause as soon as i switched it to the molex to sata instead of the other sata connect in the utra x3 which uses different wires and different ports it worked.

a waste of 184 but i got better hds and i can just sell the 2 500 gig wd drives i got

A:SATA problem solved but a bit concerned

Ok yes it does seem like a faulty Power Supply

Also you should have just replied to your original thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic107883.html
Instead of making this new one.

But oh well !

Anyway, if the molex do not cause any issue, then you could continue with them
I wish you had tried that before. I didn't suggest it, because it is uncommon (very uncommon), especially with two !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-problem-solved-but-a-bit-concerned.108143/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi There is a problem with the background of our monitor My homepage is msn com and to the left side of the screen there is a pull-out version that is stuck there You can t delete it and the web url or any stuff that appears when you get on internet explorer isn t there The page itself is there but none of the other stuff Wierd page msn Picture pressing F while you re browsing except the tab the name of Wierd msn page the url or any of the loading icons are not there and you cannot maximise or minimise it It is stuck on the left side but you can pull it out so that it becomes your full background It appears behind the desktop icons and there are usable links on the page I have no idea on how to get rid of it When you pull it back as far as it can go to the left an inch of it still sticks out I want it gone Gone for good Is there anyone who has a solution nbsp

A:Wierd msn page

Actually I'm a bit confused if you mean within your browser or just sitting on the Desktop.

I'm going to go for Desktop

Start-->Control Panel-->Display-->Desktop (tab) -->Customize Desktop... (button) -->Web (tab)
Delete anything in there (by highlighting then Delete (button))

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wierd-msn-page.107447/
Relevancy 21.5%

Good morning So I am receiving the above error debuglog txt is attached But I d like to give some background - I searched the forums and saw many similar problems but just not quite the same I have a Toshiba Fault Page in Blue Area Screen Nonpaged - M -S about - years old running Windows XP S Over the years I ve upgraded Blue Screen - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area the memory several times first from factory Blue Screen - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area mb to mb - just had to add second stick for this then recently from to - the max this laptop can handle required replacing both sticks Prior to purchasing the memory I searched several sites to ensure compatibility I also had a tech at the store verify I ve learned the hard way evil So - supposedly this memory works with my system It was recognized upon install and no problem - surfed the Net all day played my online MMORPG etc no crashes - until I put my laptop into hibernate Trying to come out it said it didn t have enough memory to complete API uhh huh So the next night I just put it to sleep not hibernate - this time I got the error above I ve tested the RAM both pieces together and individually in different slots - multiple times - they are fine apparently I ve even put them into my husband s laptop and fooled around - no problems And as I said this only happens when coming out of Sleep or Hibernate It is not triggered by playing graphic-intensive games I can run the internet games and music apps all at one time without setting off the fan I ve played and played to try to get to the root of this evil My next step thoughts are - change the virtual memory allocation it is way under the recommended and dare I say it resort to one of those registry cleaning apps Could that really be the problem Please help nbsp

A:Blue Screen - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

you could have registry issues. more than likely it is power management issues.

but try CCleaner. works great anyway

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.97195/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello,
I have just wiped and reinstalled my mums 13month old asus vista laptop.

The odd thing is that there is an area on the screen where the mouse pointer does not work, it took a while to fugure out as I just thought that the program running has become unresponsive, for example when a dialogue box pops up, you need to drag it to the bottom of the screen to be able to click on yes or no, sometimes, the dialogue box is completely in the dead zone and can not be moved.

This is random and some days is worse than others.

Anyone ever had this.
Cheers

A:Unresponsive section on screen

You can increase the size of your laptop displayed area, through:
Control Panel
Display
Settings Tab
Adjust Screen Resolution

Usually this resolution is already put to the correct position from loading your display drivers.

Actually have all the drivers been loaded, from your manufactures support page?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unresponsive-section-on-screen.103575/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello first of all nonpaged Page in area 0x00000050 fault sorry for my bad english But i hope someone will understand me and will try to help because im out of ideas So there is how it started I ve Bought Page fault in nonpaged area 0x00000050 a new PC recently everything only one thing Page fault in nonpaged area 0x00000050 witch i have old is my hard disk drive with old windows xp installed So i started it installed all drivers and i Page fault in nonpaged area 0x00000050 was playing a game i dont exactly remember how long but i think it was hours of playing and my pc restarted without any blue screen-of death after that everything was cool and next day it happened again few times so i disabled autorestart function in windows and next time it crashed today it showed me this error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA STOP X So i tried to search on internet what it cold be and ive found here topic with the same problem and maked dump files same as this guy did and i hope that someone will help Any ideas Thanks Avenger nbsp

A:Page fault in nonpaged area 0x00000050

Try reformatting your hard drive and installing a fresh copy of XP on it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-0x00000050.103294/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey people
I have Microsoft Outlook 2007 Service Pack 1
I would like to know how I can install Polish for spell checking
I can speak Polish but can't write it

A:How do I install Polish language for spell checking in Outlook 2007 SP1?

I think installing Proofing Tools from your Office CD and then install Polish proofing tools.

More info here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061229.htm

And here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179042.aspx
And here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937156

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-install-polish-language-for-spell-checking-in-outlook-2007-sp1.102973/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have a HP laptop with D-links router. The wifi signal was working for a few months and all of a sudden it stopped working. I have tried to reinstall the router and checked everything i could think of but it still isn't working???? I have windows xp and i checked to make sure all my wireless setup was right but still not able to get internet unless i plug straight into the modem. Please offer any advice you can think of. My ex-boyfriend was good with computers, but he isn;'t around and i don't know what to do. Thanks!

A:I am connected to a wifi signal, but I get "page can not be displayed"

Have you tried reseting your router? If not,

1. Disconnect the router from the modem (not always necessary, but sometimes it is).

2. Find the reset button on your router (you will probably need a paper clip).

3. Hold it for 15-30 seconds, then release and let it set for a minute or less (probably when the power light stops blinking).

4. Do the same for you modem.

5. Once all of "internet," "dsl," light, or both, are on and not flickering, connect the router back to the modem.

Give it a minute or two. Once your hardware components make friends again you may or may not have to run through a basic setup for you router (it depends on the model, don't worry, most new routers are very easy to setup). If it doesn't good for you. Either way, your net should be working. Hopefully, if not, keep posting!

That should fix your wired part anyway, as for wireless you may or may not have to reconfigure something. If it still isn't working, post what model/version your router is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-connected-to-a-wifi-signal-but-i-get-page-can-not-be-displayed.102534/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi, I decided to reformate my HD from 0 Because of bluescreen errors, I have a P4VM800 Board with 512MB DDR 333 ram and a P4 1.7 CPU, the thing is that when I try to install XP SP 2 with a new reformatted HD the installer is giving me a bluescreen.

The reasin to reinstall were to get rid of the bluescreen.
I was getting random restars and windowws has recovered from a serious error messages... but after a day I could not make the computer start without a blue screen.

I have changed the memory module for a new one and have removed the wireless card and modem so the only thing conected to the board are the CPU and HD and CDRom. CPU Fan is clean and working perfect.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance.

Julio.

A:Blue Screen Page Fault in non Paged Area Installing from 0

it seems I am a bit lost about where exactly is the cache memory in the Bios Config...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-page-fault-in-non-paged-area-installing-from-0.101389/
Relevancy 21.93%

i had to do a paper and its really long. i saved it as Xml as usual and it has been fine. i opened it to make some final fixes and it looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><?mso-application progid="Word.Document"?>
<w:wordDocument xmlns:w="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/word/2003/wordml" xmlns:number="urnasis:names:tcpendocument:xmlns:datastyle:1.0" xmlns:w10="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice: word" xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:dt="uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882" xmlns:aml="http://schemas.microsoft.com/aml/2001/core" xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com: office: office"
thats only a little bit of it. please tell me how to get it back to normal!
sorry about the smiles

A:Help with word document!

Retrieve in it word, then watch the box at the bottom of the screen as you file or save it as a .doc file, then review the ?xml info.

The Document Object Model (DOM) class is an in-memory representation of an XML document. The DOM allows you to programmatically read, manipulate, and modify an XML document. The XmlReader class also reads XML, however it provides non-cached, forward-only, read-only access. This means that there are no capabilities to edit the values of an attribute or content of an element, or the ability to insert and remove nodes with the XmlReader. Editing is the primary function of the DOM. It is the common and structured way that XML data is represented in memory, although the actual XML data is stored in a linear fashion when in a file or coming in from another object.
There is plenty of useful information on xml documents and file structure in the Microsoft knowledge base, or even with a Google search.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-word-document.98873/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron laptop and it is in an almost new condition even thought it is over a year old I recently did a bunch of virus scans thinking Inspiron will laptop not page Dell open IE I had a virus or I was afraid I had one After all the scans I had no virus or trojans at all I ran a powerful program called SDFix After that last scan I lost my wireless Dell Inspiron laptop IE page will not open connection - my IE page won t open In device Manager under Networking I have listings - no red x s or anything - Dell Wireless WLAN Minicard - Broadcom x Integrated Controller There is a strong signal in the green bars in the tray no problem finding the Dell Inspiron laptop IE page will not open signal Just that IE won t open up to a page I also have this Dell Network Assistant and when asked to connect it says I have no problem at all Can you please help me I would appreciate it so much nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron laptop IE page will not open

You are probably going to benefit from a tech or an experienced friend. SDRix has damaged some of your install, and fixing it is not easy for the uninitiated. Were it my machine, I would simply reformat and reinstall using the recovery/restore disk that came with the machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-laptop-ie-page-will-not-open.97659/
Relevancy 21.07%

I just acquirred a Compaq/Hp laptop model nc8230, This was bought on Ebay in the USA and posted to me in the UK. This was bought with other laptops and all was fine except this one has a bios password. I think it is one of the newer type bios security because unplugging the bios battery for hours on end doesn't get rid of the power-on bios password.

As soon as you switch it on, you get a blue box with the legend
"Embedded Password Security" with the picture of a key. You get 3 tries to get it right before you have to power down, the power-on again to have another go. There has to be a backdoor password here, but I can't guess it. I am desperated to get this machine running .

Can anybody out there help?

A:Bios Power-on Pass Word On Compaq / Hp Nc8230

COMPAQ nc8230 PSW HELP!

Hello; Sorry to bother you but i read your post in regards to the laptop you had/have with the locked bios, i was wondering if you had found the backdoor pswd for it... i am stuck with the same problem you have/had and need some help.

If you would be so kind as to tell me where you found the pswd or even provided me with it, that would be awesome. Bought the laptop on ebay from a liquidator and they have no clue as to what the pswd is.

Thanks,
-Sal

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-power-on-pass-word-on-compaq-hp-nc8230.52820/
Relevancy 22.79%

To the password keeper I have a good friend that has asked for my assistance This person has assisted me in the past with personal issues and I have a big debt to repay to Dell 2007) Bios Password removal (Nov-Dec him He has asked me to remove the protection on a Dell Bios Password removal (Nov-Dec 2007) laptop that he purchased on the street for his daughter as he is a person of limited means I am by trade a computer technician and have worked around the BIOS password however the HD is also protected He does not as I do not have the required funds to purchase another hard drive for this machine Your password would assist me in partially repaying my debt to my friend and allow me to offer a young lady a chance to experience the internet I hope this helps Thank You Joe Thank you SIR Much appreciated your help could Dell Bios Password removal (Nov-Dec 2007) not have done without you Cheers comrad Moderator Edit Free Help Here http www techspot com vb topic html nbsp

A:Dell Bios Password removal (Nov-Dec 2007)

ADDED BY JULIO
------------------

All posts regarding Dell BIOS or HDD password removal should be added here!
Do not open new threads!

Also, before posting check this assistance thread which may resolve your problem.

Thank you.

------------------

i have a dell inspiron and i need the bios password

the service tag is bzkn9b1-595b
service code express 26095599325

i call dell but dont have solution for mi problem i buy this laptop in a fleamarket
please help me i pay 500 usd an i cant use it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-bios-password-removal-nov-dec-2007.91948/
Relevancy 21.5%

hello everyone uh hey i m kinda msgs, in IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Page and BSOD non-paged area, fault help! plz new to techspot um yeah i realize u guys must see IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Page fault in non-paged area, BSOD msgs, plz help! these error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Page fault in non-paged area, BSOD msgs, plz help! messages all day and i m sorry for being repetitive but i m really stuck and i really need ur help i m not really that good with computers and their related problems so plz i really need some advice cool basically i bought a new computer on the st of december its basically meant for work but i did get a nice graphics card cuz i thought i d treat myself to able to play some awesome games out now my specs AMD Athlon X dual Core processor Ghz Ghz of Ram Geforce GT Graphics card Winfast motherboard GXM MA-RS windows xp pro with SP Latest Directx c basically i ve had non stop problems with it the computer basically gives me at least blue screens of death or freezes at least twice a day and all of the blue screen stop errors have been IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or Page fault in non-paged area errors these errors mostly occur while i m playing games but often occur while randomly on the internet or arbing around windows my brother told me about this site and said i should attach minidumps which i ve done but i had to choose from so i chose one from the th of december the th and one from tonight the th cuz i ve installed different things at different times i did take the computer back to the place i bought it from and the guy pretty much said it has to be the geforce drivers processor drivers or the memory so i got the latest geforce drivers windows updates motherboard drivers lastest direct x c and latest game drivers everything and didn t solve anything infact i thought that the latest video drivers might have made things worse so i went back and the guy ran a video conpatibility application dMark i think to test every aspect of the computer memory cpu and the graphics card and it completly ran through without any problems without crashing or anything infact it totally killed it so the guy said it must be the games i ve been running and it can t be the computer but i ve tried tons of different appz and games and they all do this he had no idea how to fix it also often when the machine gets a blue screen i restart it and it usually crashes again as soon as it gets back into windows once and sometime twice before windows srtas up properly again Error Info on one of the occasions before i took it back i wrote down the stop error info PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA techinfo STOP x XFFFFFFFF X XB DEE CD X avg core sys - Address B DEE CD base at B D D Data Stamp CFC B the problem files are often different too the most recent problem file i got was usbehci sys i have absolutly no idea what to do um after readin though a few threads i read alot about disabling memory caching or hyperthreading and also extending page limits which i didn t undertsnad so i restarted the computer and had a look through the bios but i dont really know what one s to enable disable i thought about having a bash but i thought i didn t really want to mess my computer up any further without knowing exactly which option to change any light on this would be much appreciated aswell as possible the power unit not being adequate for the system i have no idea what power unit i have is there way to find out in windows one stange thing i thought was that i ve run a few different games like half life and ES oblivion and the most problems i vc had is is that it freezes for like seconds and then continues but with a game like company of heroes i can t even make it thourgh the training part withjout it crashing aswell as cold fear which also gives blue screens i dont undertsnad how games like oblivion which are really cpu and graphics intensive give less problems than a game like company of heroes which isn t as intensive just a thought i guess i ve just finished ... Read more

A:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Page fault in non-paged area, BSOD msgs, plz help!

usually that error is a conflict between windows and the display drivers.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329293

drivers can be difficult to remove sometimes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/irql_not_less_or_equal-and-page-fault-in-non-paged-area-bsod-msgs-plz-help.97069/
Relevancy 21.5%

I use FIOS. I have a static IP address set up. And manually entered my DNS servers which I got from my ISP -verizon.

Everything has run fine until recently about once a day I get 'problem loading page, techspot.com or wherever took to long to respond'

at this point no sites will load except for home page or pages that don't change and are in my cache

If i flushdns then registerdns it works again till the next day

Just trying to determine what could be the cause for this. It just starting happening in the last week or so

Also when this happens I can ping websites without packet loss, but I can't load them through a browser

A:Problem loading page - resolved by flushing DNS/ register DNS

change the static DNS addresses to use DHCP. This is effectively what you're
doing on a temporary basis with the /registerdns

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-loading-page-resolved-by-flushing-dns-register-dns.94891/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, whenever I try to uninstall the program Windows Anti-Spyware 2007 shown here, nothing happens. I've tried everything from add/remove programs, to downloading unistall programs, to using msconfig as seen in the picture. Furthermore, it persists to remain on my viewable icons as a "System Alert!" icon that looks like a red circle with a slash through it. Can anyone help me out please?

A:WinAntiSpyware 2007 Uninstallation problem

There`s a good tool HERE

Failing that, go HERE and follow all the steps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winantispyware-2007-uninstallation-problem.93615/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I recently bought an dip switch with solved x700 problems Ati x and it ran fine for while but then artifacts and other garbage started to appear on screen Eventually it would not run any d d or hardware accellerated games This really got to me since Battlefield and Tron were two new games I bought and I couldn t play I tried changing drivers reinstalling windows and putting it into another computer In which it worked but eventually failed I was about to chuck it when we noticed dip switches on the underside of the card No idea what they Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch do Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch but switching them both to the opposite setting didn t work Then I put switch at position and switch at position This worked I have a watt psu gb generic ram and an AMD Barton ghz I don t know what those switches are for if anyone does please reply I d like to know what I did I have heard a lot of complaints about this card and vista so I m wondering if these switches could solve problems for those people I only changed them as a last resort Wow am I ever happy nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-x700-problems-solved-with-dip-switch.92918/
Relevancy 23.65%

which is the best motherboard? 2007

A:Which is the best motherboard? (Nov 2007)

probably p5k3 deluxe if you can fork it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-the-best-motherboard-nov-2007.90804/
Relevancy 23.22%

which is the best program to see your cool system, fan ect.? 2007

A:which is the best program to see your cool system, fan ect.? 2007

Rather than opening umpteen different threads, have you actually tried to Google for answers?

For this particular question, try googling "temperature sensing software" You`ll probably find Speedfan, which is considered one of the best and it`s free.

Regards Howard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-the-best-program-to-see-your-cool-system-fan-ect-2007.90806/
Relevancy 23.65%

which is the best dvd burner? 2007

A:which is the best dvd burner? 2007

AngelOfLighT said:

which is the best dvd burner? 2007Click to expand...

The ASUS DRW-1608P3S DVD Burner would be an exelent choise .

-------------------------------------------------------

By the way please post in the proper forum...

this is for networking and storage....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-the-best-dvd-burner-2007.90802/
Relevancy 21.07%

I just bought a new Flash Drive, and i found a problem. I copy and paste all my files from my old usb. When i try to open the word documents that i saved, it opens and then it says That the file need converting (encoding), but after i encode it, it just come out blocky not letters. Why is this happening? When i try to open it in my other USB it works...

HELP
Thanks

A:Flash Drive - Word Documents become corrupted need encoding!

Did you remove the new USB drive properly after copying the files? Using the "safely remove hardware" feature? If you unplug the drive while copying files or somethimes even when the copy dialog has closed, you will corrupt data.

Are you using the same computer for opening the files from your old and the new USB drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flash-drive-word-documents-become-corrupted-need-encoding.89320/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey, my brothers computer has recently been getting the BSOD with the page error. I did numerous things to attempt to fix the problem (reinstalled windows, updated bios, cleaned out all the dust inside..) and nothing has worked so far.

I have run memtest and it did find errors and i did check the temperatures and it shows the cpu is running hot (even though theres 3 fans inside the computer). I figured I'd check here with the minidump to see if its something you can def find or its the hardware.

The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xbad0b148, 0x00000000, 0x8057e489, 0x00000000).

between the blue screen of death on his computer and the red rings of death on my 360, im hating microsoft right now. any help is appreciated.

A:Blue Screen of Death - Page Fault In Non Paged Area

hey there... Try this.... if u have more than one chip of RAM, take one out and allow the pc to run on the remaining chip/s. Do this for all the chips. One or more of your chips might be faulty.

Also check your PSU to see if its not damaged or just gettin old. PSU's tend to lose power output over time and this might be causing your cpu to run hot. Alternatively put a fan of some sort on top or to the side of your OPEN case. This might help cool down the cpu. lol, this is an old but effective method of prolonging PSU death.

if that doesn't work, check your motherboard....it might be damged

let me know how it goes

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-of-death-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.88267/
Relevancy 23.22%

there outhere many video cards , many companies.
i know you can arm it your self.
but how i get knowledge of what is best.
is there an whole sale to buy cheap?

A:which is the best pc now? on september 2007 to buy, for games and internet

If you wanted a good gaming pc i would recommend bulding one your self

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-the-best-pc-now-on-september-2007-to-buy-for-games-and-internet.86946/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a client computer that got the page fault in nonpaged area error. I tried everything, including booting to WinXP CD, safe mode, even my ERD Commander disk. Changed the memory, disconnected all PCI, AGP and IDE devices. Nothing could boot this computer! So i told the poor guy - it's gotta be the motherboard. It's a shuttle mini PC so I told him basically you're looking at $300 or so including labor to fix, so just get a $400 new Dell PC.

So he got the new PC today and I took the old HD out to recover data. Put it into my external drive caddy, connect it to the new PC, and what happens? Invalid page fault crash! Plugged it into a laptop, invalid page fault!

So! The drive clearly is the problem. Anyone have a suggestion about how to get their data off the drive? It's pretty important stuff.

Thanks!

Cameron

A:Page fault in nonpaged area, hard drive is the cause, now what?

If you can't connect it to any system without getting fatal errors, I'm afraid the drive and it's data is toast. You might be able to change the hard drives circuit boards and get the drive to run. You would have to find a drive just like the one you have... This is probably an electrical problem and not a mechanical failure. What make is the drive? Most hard drive failures are mechanical

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-hard-drive-is-the-cause-now-what.86719/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello all I m having a problem with my Belkin N Wireless Router model F D - I cannot seem to access the internal router s web-based settings and or log-in page and I m looking to see what I can do to get to N1 access Belkin Router page. Cannot Wireless setup these settings My router Cannot access Belkin N1 Wireless Router setup page. s default gateway IP address is and every time I open up a browser to type this in I come to this page There s absolutely nothing relevant on this page I m running Windows Vista and two of my other networked machines run Windows XP and neither machine could access the setup page via the IP address as well Our wireless broadband internet connection is working just fine - I just can t access the router settings Setting up our wireless security port forwarding etc is impossible without getting to this page I have the latest version of Java and Flash installed and my computer is as updated as it can be Any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated - thanks nbsp

A:Cannot access Belkin N1 Wireless Router setup page.

According to my manual, your IP Gateway is 192.168.1.1., not 192.168.2.1

Try entering that into the web location in the address bar.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-belkin-n1-wireless-router-setup-page.85954/
Relevancy 21.93%

Right I have a WRT54G router and recently changed the settings from DHCP to Static IP, this mode not working I decided to reset the router via reset button. Now whenever I try to access the router config page (192.168.1.1) hardly any of the text loads etc? And I have tried resetting the router again and installing software again!

Here is link
Any help appreciated!html

A:WRT54G Config. Page not loading???

Sorry Colonel - cannot get at the link.
When you reset the router, you need to hold the button in for at least 15 secs to make sure all the values are reset. If the router refuses to accept the connection it may be faulty - which is probably where you started with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrt54g-config-page-not-loading.85217/
Relevancy 21.07%

I am trying to help a disabled cousin who has lots of poems (700+) which were produced and saved using a Olympia Carrera Word processor.

He now has a PC but has no way of recovering many years of work.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can possibly access these files. The File names do not have a specific file extension. For example a file could be called BITSANDB.OBS or MIST.

A:Data retrieval from old Floppy discs used by Word Processor

So wait, was the word processor a program on an older computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-retrieval-from-old-floppy-discs-used-by-word-processor.24428/
Relevancy 10.75%

Ever since my old motherboard died Biostar NF Socket and I bought a replacment board a MSI K MM -VH VIA Based should have seen it coming I ve been having blackout problems and lock-ups due to Infinite Loop problems however I think I solved it by disabling ATI Smart by going into services msc and ramping up my memory timings However now I m having Windows problems related to memory to another... my Loop just I I solved think go Infinite to Problem I think Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer CELERON-D Description Error code ea parameter fd b parameter c bc parameter f becb parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... d System E f rror Er f f ror code e d a Param eters c fd b c bc c f I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... bec c b My Memory Timings that are in use when this happens is DRR Speed mhz CAS RAs to Cas Delay - T Command Rate is T And the black outs and lock-ups almost seem familar to the Infinite Loop Syndrome however I have no idea where to go from hear By the Way I have tried Multiple video cards on this system Both ATI and both have failed If I slow down my memory timings then windows tells me that the videocard hangs I ve tried registry fixes the beta patch by VIA turning off VPU recover turning off ATI Smart have updated drivers to everything didn t go to Cat though because then Invalid Display CRT errors appear I get anywhere between and errors of this when I boot up The strang thing is though once out of every or random boots the next boot up will go smoothly and I can play games for hours I have no idea what is going on nbsp

A:I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another...

(I hope you have access to a computer with a CD burner.)

I've found this tool very helpful at identifying bad memory. It's positively identified bad ram 100% of the time for me. Download this and follow the instructions to burn it to a blank CD-R. Then boot from the CD-R on your suspect computer. Run the Extended Diagnostics for at least one complete cycle. (Usually if it doesn't detect RAM pattern errors on the first cycle then the RAM is good and there isn't much need to run additional cycles.)

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Post the results here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-solved-my-infinite-loop-problem-to-just-go-to-another.82874/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have just recently pissed up my router by setting it to a 'static ip' setting although having done that before I didnt think it would mess up everything. So I have now got it working again, whilst fixing I could access the config. page (192.168.1.1) with no problems, but now when I try only the front page loads up with loads of different object missing and text and I cnat change any settings? meaning i cannot change my security to WEP?!

Any help appreciated,
British_Command

A:Router Config. Page Not Loading??

There is a reset button somewhere on most routers - press it in for 5 seconds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-config-page-not-loading.81841/
Relevancy 11.18%

Running XP Pro. Computer reboots randomly. May be while using it or most often when idle. System Restore would not work until turned off and back on, but of course I lost all restore points.

Tried Spybot Seach&Destroy, Adware, ATF_Cleaner, AVG Anti-Spyware, SuperAntiSpyware, Panda Activescan. None found anything.

Attached is HJT log. I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
John

A:Solved: Random rebooting.

Hi john760 and welcome to techspot. =)

I've checked you HijackThis log and it appears to be mostly clean. Fix these entries though.

O9 - Extra button: Linked Images - {D8980DE8-9D4C-4fb0-8FB4-95B1FA4125AD} - C:\Program Files\IEimage\IEimage.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Linked Ima&ges - {D8980DE8-9D4C-4fb0-8FB4-95B1FA4125AD} - C:\Program Files\IEimage\IEimage.htm
O16 - DPF: {DBA230D1-8467-4e69-987E-5FAE815A3B45} -

I noticed an entry:
O4 - Startup: restart_vs.lnk = F:\Viewsonic.exe

Do you recognise this file or process, and why is something running from F:\ ?
Let me know in your next reply.

Your problem could be non-malware related.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of john760 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-random-rebooting.79561/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, suddenly I can't access the web on my network. I have four, XP pro computers wired to a Linksys AG241 modem/router. All but one, mine, wont access the web or the setup page on 192.168.1.1. The other computers all work perfectly. I can even ping my gateway and yahoo.com but if after enabling the network and trying to go online IE6 tells me 'no connection is currently available'. This fault appears to have happened overnight. Apart from 'pinging' what other tests can I carry out? I spent about an hour 'chatting' and following Linksys advice on settings all to no avail. Please help.

A:Cannot access setup page or the web

can you ping by IP and DNS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-setup-page-or-the-web.78762/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all,
I'm new here and I guess the title says it all. Every time when I do some work on ms word my pc will restart itself at random times. Just for your info, there's nothing running on the pc while I'm on ms word. By the way I'm using windows xp, intel pentium D dual core processor, 512mb ram and power supply tecom 450w. Kinda weird I know but it happens almost every time I'm on ms word and only word else it never restart like tat. Anyone can help? Thanks

A:Pc restart whenever I'm on microsoft word

tried uninstall and reinstall?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restart-whenever-im-on-microsoft-word.75746/
Relevancy 23.22%

As you know my laptop is getting outdated as time flies I need 2007 in Notebook Replacement to upgrade it too a newer laptop soon but it s not soon as i know intel core duo have been hangin around for a year I know that i MUST wait until the successor of intel centrino core duo come by the end of this year Deadline for myself to use this old laptop is up to end What i ve found is this Intel mobile processor Gilo - nm multi-core Q Since windows vista is booming out and i think i ll be using both vista and xp on a same quot future quot notebook i decided to take a look at current product especially the mobile graphic card AFAIK ATIX X series and nVidia X series are the only series which is quot windows vista Notebook Replacement in 2007 certified quot or quot DirectX quot compatible But the problem Notebook Replacement in 2007 is that both of the mobile gpu are going to be released about Q or Q I m only interested in and x or higher as x is a low-end card I ve been offered a new laptop but i refused to upgrade because of these reasons My question is Are the abovelisted roadmap are true I mean is the intel gilo is released in Q and ATI R is released before Q It s because i m confused whether to buy a new laptop this June or this November I only have this months chance to buy a laptop cause of private reason I hope anyone will give me some description I really need confirmation when will be intel gilo and ati r come out because i really need to upgrade my -years old lappy by this year Final deadline of my notebook is end -years old In a short-form Do you recommend me getting new laptop This june core duo based X OR This november - january intel quot gilo quot ati x or x hopefully Thank you for your time reading this story and i thank you good reply pal nbsp

A:Notebook Replacement in 2007

Sorry about your TravelMate.. Got my ThinkPad in Nov 2004 and it's still going stong

No roadmaps are true. That's why they are called roadmaps. Also, paper specs are nothing but glorified wishful thinking by the manufacturer. Don't trust anything that isn't out there for real. There can be delays, manufacturing issues, limited supply to select partners, astronomical pricetags, unexpected performance issues, driver problems..

Whether to buy something now or wait for a while.. Do you need a new laptop now or only after a while? If you waited three years, you could get something amazingly fast

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-replacement-in-2007.71961/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey, so I've been reading some things about page files and I found this really interesting/confusing. My system has been acting a little, weird. When I start up my computer my page file usage is really low, as it should be. But when I start to play games after I'm done playing them my page file is suddenly huge, it seems like its keeping information and letting very little go away. My computer has been giving me BSOD's frequently after starting 3 or 4 games, and im thinking its related to this page file. Would turning it off solve my problem or is there more to this that I don't know.

Thanks,
Aj

A:Page File issue?

set it to a FIXED size ~2x your real ram. This will improve performance too
as it STOPs the PF expansion process and wasted I/O

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-file-issue.70099/
Relevancy 21.93%

When I try to print my Word document on my HPDeskJet, it "pretends" to be printing, but the page comes out blank. Programs such as Microsoft WordPad, Notepad, and Word documents from AOL won't print either. My printer works well with other programs such as Mozilla Firefox and IE7.

Why won't my Word doc print???
Thanks for any help...

A:Word Document won't Print

The print head is most likely clogged in your printer. replace it or soak it over night in a bath of isopropyl alcohol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/word-document-wont-print.69012/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey Folks,

I get the good old blue screen when running a video editing software STUDIO 10.7

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA

I have a nice new Dell Inspiron 6400 with dual Intel T2050 1.60GHz CPUs, 1GB of RAM. I not sure on how to post the message but I try somehow.

Can someone please help me with this???

I thank you all in advance. *dmp file is attached*

Adrian

A:Blue Page: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidump crashes at HSFHWAZL.sys. This is your 56k modem driver.

If you don`t use a 56k modem, uninstall it. If you do use it, check for any updated drivers. See HERE for info.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-page-page-fault-in-nonpage-area.68831/
Relevancy 22.36%

Time to dispel some rumors! I just built a new system and I've got 2GB of PC3200 RAM installed -- plenty o' RAM to go around (It's an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium w/ AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 320GB Seagate SATA). After getting everything to function (drivers, etc. etc.) I'm left with naught but the page file. Now, I've heard some dirty rumors in the past about definitely setting the page file (1.5 times the amount of RAM, etc. etc.) but don't put much stock in it so far. :haha:

Currently I've got it set to automatic page file settings (i.e. windows selects the appropriate page file size) -- is this an optimum memory setting? Should I set it to something manual or just leave it at system settings?

A:Page File Size?

I've never noticed much difference no matter where I have it. If I were you I'd disable it entirely and see if you run into any problems, if not there you go, thats about as optimal as it will ever get.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-file-size.67595/
Relevancy 22.36%

okay , so my cousin called me up and told me his internet wil not work. I tought maybe its his modem since i had a similar prob with this same modem from sbc att. So i tought if he puts my old modem it will work ( now i got a wireless one from sbc) so the internet worked. But now he called me up last week telling me internet doesnt work anymore. I tried SYS Restore, but nothing.

Tryed schanging with new ethernet card, nope.

It acquires network adress and connects with modem but no page display.

Tried turning off windows firewall, but same.

ANYONE KNOW WHATS UP?

otherwise im just gonna reformat his HD and reinstall everyithing.

THX

A:This Page Cannot Be Displayed?

reformatting without knowing where the problem originates from is inadvisable and may create more problems than a 'quick' (read: 40 minute reinstall of windows xp, minus programs) fix. This should be your last resort.

Have a read of this: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic55006.html

-Modem plugged in via the USB or Ethernet?
-disconnect all other devices (if ADSL 1/2/2+) from the phone plug except the modem - phones, fax etc.
-disable your firewall(s) temporarily.
-check connection settings in IE and network connections are correct.
-check the service status over at your ISP in your/their area
-check the lights are dancing to the correct rhythm..
-user name and passwords correct?
-even on a well known website like google no ping?
-open up start >run and type in cmd then type in tracert yourisphomepage.com where yourisphomepage is the home address of your ISP. See where it times out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-page-cannot-be-displayed.67063/
Relevancy 18.92%

http www shoprbc com ca shop configurator php cgid I m on ABOUT a not inc tax and not REALLY that low budget but that isn t SOLID though if I find something worth breaking my budget OR YOU suggest that I will be very happy with a particular item and I d have to break my budget I m also trying to sell an old HP Pavilion just to generate a few extra bucks And I don t want to sound like I m complaining so don t take it like that but I m in a wheelchair which is WHY I have to do work that I can :) QUOTE! QUOTE EMAIL decide ME shops THE and This me help page; sit down in and I DO spend A LOT of time in front of my PC so MY PC is very important to me which is why I m This shops QUOTE page; help me decide and EMAIL ME THE QUOTE! :) asking for your help with this AND I think if you read the very end of this post I have a fun way for you to help me out Now I want to do multimedia and a BIT of gaming I m going in to Media Design maybe even GAME DESIGN itself in school next year this is why I need a new machine so I need to be able to for example run TWO extremely CPU intensive apps at the same time like a multitrack mixer and a track editor so I know I m pretty much having to go with the duel core SO I already have a case the simple black anatec one everyone else bought when it came out in and they just have to put in a new PSU for me for the bit mobo I also already have piles of disk drives and a DVD writer that is just fine So now I m PRETTY sure that I want to go with a DUEL CORE because I ll need it for my multimedia work And I m very familier with the ASUS products already so I d probably just want to stick with them but if there is something less expensive that is MORE suited to my work then please suggest it RAM I do not BELIEVE is an issue though I could be wrong but I was just going to go with the basic g After I ve picked my chip and board up all I need to do is pick a graphics card and a sound card for my multimedia work and yes I understand that with my budget I m trying to put together a pro machine and its difficult to do that But my basic idea is that since I m just a starter multimedia artist and not a pro I don t NEED the PRO version of what a pro would use and pay for right NOW anyways so what I m trying to do is get the smaller cheaper version of the machine I would WANT to own when I got out of school and was working The baby version of the monster I would get when I m really working I know its hard with my budget but don t forget that I m in Canada and I m going to get taxed to death when I buy this So can you help me configure the Chip Preferably DUEL CORE but if that is what is driving up my price too high all the time then I THINK I can deal with single for now though I may regreat that Mobo there are some odd chipsets out there now why do ATI and NVidea have chipsets does that mean I don t need the card anymore and if I AM going to get a Radon X-card of some type then can t I save money but NOT getting a board with the onboard stuff RAM was just going to go generic gig providing it works Video card is it REALLY needed in some of these mobos these days that have the integrated stuff otoh isn t the integrated stuff not that good and shouldn t I just get a quot plain quot mobo with lots of slots and buy cards instead - I DO plan on buying a VIDEO card so well see Sound card cheapest that I can attach a MIDI piano to later or I ll do that more seriously and again see PSU How much power am I going to need Sometimes because I have SO MANY USB things plugged I think I already run low on power A SO all I m asking YOU GUYS to help me with is deciding on the best motherboard and chipset platform to work everything else off of and IF I should even bother in some cases getting the cards if integrated chips if I DO PLAN on buying an ATI PCI-E video card and insert brand sound card anyways I ve NOT been keeping track of this stuff much anymore just only have time for so many quot tech quot hobbies so I just do not know what m... Read more

A:This shops QUOTE page; help me decide and EMAIL ME THE QUOTE! :)

i would go with an intel core2 duo processor, asus 680i motherboard, and at least a gig of corsair DDR2 800 ram, in dual channel config. i reccomend two smaller hard drives as apposed to one big one, so you could run them in a fast raid 0 array. raid 0 combines the capacities of the disks involved, so two 160GB drives would give you single 320GB volume. as for the power supply...go with a name brand (that's important for pretty much all computer parts) known for quality, such as antec or PC power & cooling.

if you get a single video card, i would say get the antec neopower 550w, which is quiet, efficient, and supports modular cabling.

as for the USB usage you mentioned, your USB controller (mobo) is going to be the limiting factor in determining how much power can be drawn.

i would edit your post and remove your email address, this is a public webpage and can be viewed by anyone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-shops-quote-page-help-me-decide-and-email-me-the-quote.65245/
Relevancy 21.5%

The Title says it all really, id loveit it someone could help me fuigre out how to lower the page file usage without having to buy extra memory....

also, is it possible to buy decent extra memory for laptops and is it easy to install?

Thank you, im pretty technically challenged it a great help,

Charlie

A:how to lower page file usage easily and quickly please anyone?

Use less programs simultaneously. Turn off everything loading at startup that isn't critical, disable unneeded system services, look over the programs you use and consider less bloated alternatives, turn off all eye candy - your 1024x768 wallpaper means 2MB of RAM lost.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-lower-page-file-usage-easily-and-quickly-please-anyone.28513/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi All Few days back I was able to access page by http fro my Home laptop That Can't configuration login access Netgear page time I set WPA authentication for my router and was successfully using it Today I was configuring my office laptop for wireless connection I thoght it can only Can't access Netgear login configuration page take WEP So from my home laptop I accessed the http I logged in successfully and changed security option from WPA to WEP I provided key to it And when I clicked on Apply button I got page not found All of a sudden I lost my wireless network connection I refreshed it and tried to connect it not getting connected Not even showing any error message I removed power supply from Netgear router But it didn t work I do have wired access but how can I get wireless access Atleast I should be able to access home page Its not even asking me user name and password It shows page not found when I try to open http Please help me nbsp

A:Can't access Netgear login configuration page

try resetting your router using that button at the back that needs a paperclip thing. It will restore factory defaults with no passwords or anything. My guess is that you've enabled some sort of filtering and forgot to add your laptop to it (happened to me)

its either that or check the antenna if its detachable and the strength of the radio..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-netgear-login-configuration-page.64379/
Relevancy 22.79%

Help Heeeelp Pls Heeeeeeeeelp I even don t know from where to start - install uninstall Panda - goodbye internet lan I like Panda very much but this is really unbelievable Panda Platinum when you decide to uninstall it it completely corrupt your lsp and you must use an lsp fix program so 2005, 2007 problem Panda really BIG Platinum 2006, you can use internet again Not so bad fixing after using lsp fix and a reboot Panda Platinum They removed this bug of corrupting lsp but they ve added another really good Panda Platinum 2005, 2006, 2007 really BIG problem one Panda make my lan totally unusable Without Panda everithing is working fine Installing it I can t connect to my other pc at all I have noticed this sequence my pc internet pc Panda Platinum 2005, 2006, 2007 really BIG problem cable modem connected to it my pc lan pc connected to my pc using lan cable cat NIC s Installing Panda on pc - I have internet lan connection rebooting pc Panda Platinum 2005, 2006, 2007 really BIG problem I haven t internet lan rebooting pc - I have rebooting pc i havent and so on I have made an always allow connections rule all protocols all ports for the other pc using both by IP and by MAC address on both of my pc s same I have unistalled panda everything is back to normal everything is working fine internet lan Installing Panda without any firewall at all - same problems Sorry for the long post but I am trying to be as clear as I can Panda Platinum ohh you will love this Both and bugs combined in one I thought well its a new version lets see what they ve made this time hoping they ve finally fixed it Surprise They didn t even made it worse I ve installed it Total loss of internet lan I have uninstalled it Total loss of internet lan Deleted every file and registry key pointing to Panda - same The really really strange thing is that when I unplug my lan cable I have internet when I plug it in I haven t internet lan connection The registry keys I couldn t delete pointing to Panda that might have something with all this Code HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Enum Root LEGACY CPOINT - Panda CPointDriver HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Enum Root LEGACY NETFLT - Panda Net Driver NDIS Layer HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Enum Root LEGACY NETFLTDI - Panda Net Driver TDI Layer HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Enum Root LEGACY PAVFNSVR - Panda Function Service HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Enum Root LEGACY PAVPROC - Panda Process Protection Driver HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Enum Root LEGACY PAVPRSRV - Panda Process Protection Service HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Enum Root LEGACY PAVSRV - Panda anti-virus service HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Enum Root LEGACY PNMSRV - Panda Network Manager HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Enum Root LEGACY PSIMSVC - Panda IManager Service HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Enum Root LEGACY SHLDDRV - Panda File Shield Driver These are the same for ControlSet and CurrentControlSet I can t delete rename edit these keys Any idea how to remove them Windows XP Pro SP Latest Patches Virus Spyware Free pc nic connected to the cable modem tcp ip configuration ip subnet gateway dns serv alt dns serv pc nic connected to pc tcp ip configuration ip subnet gateway dns serv pc nic connected to pc tcp ip configuration ip subnet gateway dns serv If you ve read this far - Pls help nbsp

A:Panda Platinum 2005, 2006, 2007 really BIG problem

I've managed to delete these keys using this method:

SUMMARY

When attempting to modify or delete registry keys as noted in some of our articles, you may receive an error message.
Cannot delete ?. Error while deleting key.

CAUSE

When dealing with a Windows NT bases computer (NT, 2000, XP, 2003, etc), this is normally caused by the currently logged in user not having permissions to modify or delete the key. Some keys will not allow any user to modify or delete them.

SOLUTION

Make sure that the logged in user has admin permissions on the machine.
If this is already the case, then follow these steps in order to set the permissions for the key to allow it to be deleted.
NOTE: The KEY is only visible in the left hand window of the standard Registry Editor (REGEDIT). It will be the one that has it?s folder icon open instead of closed. You can also find the path to the Key in the status bar at the bottom of the Registry Editor. If the status bar is not present, click on View -> Status Bar to enable it.

Windows XP / 2003

1. In the Registry editor, right-click on the KEY and choose Permissions

2. On the permissions screen, verify that Everyone is present in the ?Group or user names? list. If it is, go to step 3

a) If Everyone is not present, click on Add
b) Type Everyone into the ?Enter the object names to select? box
c) Click the Check Names button
d) Once Everyone is underlined, click Ok
3. Click on the Everyone entry so that it is highlighted

4. In the lower window, place a check into the Full Control row under the Allow column.

5. Remove any checkmarks in the Deny column

6. Click Ok

7. Proceed with deleting the key, value or data as noted in the original article.Click to expand...

The information is from this site.
Deleted them rebooted and still when I plug my lan cable I haven't internet/lan and when I unplug it I have (internet ).
Someone pls help. Special Forces pls help. I haven't time to reinstall windows because of this buggy Panda.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/panda-platinum-2005-2006-2007-really-big-problem.58256/
Relevancy 11.18%

hi, being a beginner to computers i think i have made a mistake.

i have just bought a new laptop which came with a sp2 recovery disk.
i used this disk to reformat my old hp pavillion computer instead of using its disk and now im having problems booting.

when first installed the computer was running great untill i rebooted.
all i get now is the blue hp screen for a second and then the screen goes blank. no error messages or anything.
i have tried to reboot using the original xp disk(sp1). it tells me its checking disk and then itall goes blank again. i have also tried to boot from fdisk but it tells me to replace disk and try again. (made disk off another comp running xp sp1.

can anyone please help me.

A:xp booting problem not solved

The system disk is made for the system it came with. Recovery disks work mainly on the computers that they're designed for. For instance, my parents' Sony has a system recovery tool that reinstalls Windows and installs all of the systems programs in a specific way that would not work in any other machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-booting-problem-not-solved.59321/
Relevancy 21.93%

We have 2 wired pc, and a laptop. The PCs are Acer3100+, 1.8ghz, 1G ram, connected via ethernet to a wildblue modem. I have just installed a Belkin wireless router, model F5D 6231-4, that I bought on ebay. Both pcs will go online, a little slower than before, but my big concern is that when I run a cmd, ipconfig/all, my IP address dosen't match what they say. Belkin says it should be 192.168.1, and I get 70.41.xx.xxx, in this range. They said to configure router, but when I enter that page address, I get the notice of a network error. I don't know enough about this to know if this is a security issue or not! If I manually enter the numbers that Belkin should be , I get the correct address in an ipconfig, but I cannot get to the page, or get online. What have I done wrong!!!!

A:Can't reach Belkin configuration page..is this a problem???

the Belkin default address is 192.168.2.1

you're apparently wired like
modem---(wan)belkin-router(LAN)---yourPCs

the WAN side address will be set by your ISP, not belkin and might well be
70.41.xx.xxx, but none of your PCs will see this using IPCONFIG /ALL --
they will see the LAN side addresses. IPCONFIG will show the DHCP address
given to that specific machine. the LAN side address of the belkin should be
the default above, and thus your PC addresses will default to something like
192.168.2.x.

use one PC to access the router config using your browser http://192.168.2.1/
IF NECESSARY, you can change the default router address and the range of IP
addresses that will be assigned to your PCs.

you should absolutely change the admin password

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-reach-belkin-configuration-page-is-this-a-problem.58475/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone could help me to lower my cpu usage, page file, and memory usage.

See, I run a CS:Source Dedicated Server from my home PC and I need all the free cpu, memory and page file I can get. I turn off all my programs (IM's, processes, anything I can find.)

So I was just looking for suggestions to lower the usage of these things to dedicate them to my server.

A:Freeing up CPU, Page File, Memory usage

Change the "memory usage" in "System" settings in the "Control Panel" to "System Cache" as shown.

How much memory do you have in the server? Having less than 1GB could hurt it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeing-up-cpu-page-file-memory-usage.57301/
Relevancy 21.93%

I'm not sure where this goes,
but i will just put it here.
I have something to print out, and this document has word art in there.
Everytime i try to print it out, the area where there is word art is always missing.
I do not believe that it is a printer problem.
I think that it might be something that i did wrong.
Can someone help me?
Thanks

PS:This Gets very annoying, for i waste a lot of ink doing this (I have printed it 10 times already.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/word-art-printing.55889/
Relevancy 21.93%

Last night since I was having slow/non-existent connection issues, I turned off the NAT option on my Belkin wireless G router. Immediately afterwards I lost internet connection as I expected but now can't connect to the config page @ 192.168.2.1 . I tried running the setup software again and it can't communicate with the router, either. Tried hitting the reset button several times, disconnecting the router, etc. but the config page still won't load. Is there anyway to manually revert the router back to factory settings?

A:Can't connect to admin page on Belkin Router

So this is with the pc connected directly to the router via an ethernet cable?
Go to My Network Places, and on the left theres a thing that says "show all UPnP devices" or similar. Click on it, then go to your LAN settings and set your IP address to auto, or 192.168.2.3 vice versa. Plug in/turn your router back on and it should come up as a network place. From that doubleclick it and enter admin etc..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-admin-page-on-belkin-router.55043/
Relevancy 21.93%

I recently upgraded from 256K to 2GB of memory. While I was in there I blew out the whole case with safe canned air. When I rebooted, the system booted to the OS then completely shut off. It did this three times when I rebooted. I let it sit for an hour and tried again. This time it ran fine. Now, it runs slow. The task manager says that I am using 1.8GB of PF Usage or more constantly. Is this the source of my slow processing? Any help greatly appreciated. I'm running XP.

A:High Page File Usage

go into XP, set adjust page file for automatic.

Ensure allll your memory is matched also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-page-file-usage.54530/