Windows Support Forum

Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data

Q: Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data

I need a visual basic macro for excel that will do the following From sheet ColumnA Select rows until sheet columnA value does not start with REC as the no of rows is unbalanced sometimes rows sometimes rows sometimes rows etc copy selected rows and transpose to sheet columnA to however many rows were selected Repeat until end for 2002 to in new Visual columns Excel data unbalanced Basic rows sheet using Macro last row My real table has rows and the rows are unbalanced I am attaching a test file Please help me and thank you for your support and time Tech Support Guy System Info Utility Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD G M -L V MS- Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data

Can you also attach a second workbook showing how the data should appear after the macro is run?

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/visual-basic-macro-for-excel-2002-columns-to-rows-in-new-sheet-using-unbalanced-data.1080037/
Relevancy 113.77%

Hi,

I am trying to classify and code my inventory items in excel.
My classification sheet contains data in columns which I would like to copy to rows in another excel sheet.
Here is the sample data in ACMOTORS-ATTRIBUTES sheet:

The above sheet has to be converted to columns as in Item_Classificatios_Form sheet :

Can anybody assist me in writing a macro for the same.

Thanks,
mihaufo

A:Solved: Excel Macro to convert Rows from one sheet to columns in another sheet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-to-convert-rows-from-one-sheet-to-columns-in-another-sheet.1045277/
Relevancy 99.51%

I'm a novice excel VBA macro user. I've manipulated already created macros, but I'm not sure how to create one from scratch. Can someone please help me create a macro.

I'd like to move the values highlighted in yellow to the cells highlighted in green...and then delete any rows that are empty.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Relevancy 91.76%

I need to copy n number of rows from a sheet in my local machine to a sheet in fileserver.
My requirement is - if I select last 2 rows in the sheet in my local machine I need the rows to be copied after the first blank cell in the sheet in fileserver.
Also it would be helpful if the macro code is only in the local sheet and not in the fileserver sheet.

I am a newbie to macros pls help....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-to-copy-rows-from-a-sheet-in-local-machine-to-a-sheet-in-lan.982268/
Relevancy 88.35%

In Sheet one I have some raw data which in sheet two I have picked out the useful pieces and Fill another across sheet in move rows to Excel I problem. need columns have then input into out work forms The problem is that I need to fill the form across column but in the sheet that it is referenced from I need it to take the data from the row EX sheet one a b c a b c a b c a b c I Excel problem. Fill columns I need to move across rows in another sheet need to find a way to automatically get it to do this referencing sheet in column A and then filling to the right but actually having it go down the rows in sheet sheet a b c a a a b b b c c c the idea is that when the software exports to sheet we will be able to print sheet two in the form we need it without having to make any changes I know my explanation is a little crude but if someone could help me I would appreciate it thanks nbsp

A:Excel problem. Fill columns I need to move across rows in another sheet

You could use:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COLUMN()-1,ROW()-1)

in Sheet2!A1, then replicate that down an across (pro forma style).

Would that help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-problem-fill-columns-i-need-to-move-across-rows-in-another-sheet.1035094/
Relevancy 85.87%

I have been working on a project for a few weeks and I could really use some help I m attaching a dummy file example that is an example of how my XLS comes to me each month I need a Solved: to delete specific XLS Macro move to columns rows/columns rows. and macro that leaves me with the second file example If the macro could just grab the Student name then put the following info for each student all on row that would be perfect Child s Name Date In Time In Rounded Time Out Rounded Sometimes for some reason there is a student with Solved: XLS Macro to delete specific rows/columns and move columns to rows. a Cont after their name I need that row deleted and just pull the times up onto the same row as other times The example file might make sense Here are the steps I am doing manually that I hope a macro could do for Solved: XLS Macro to delete specific rows/columns and move columns to rows. me Un-merge cells B Un-merge any cells with a child s name such as Doe Jane Delete any row with a childs name that has Cont after it such as Doe Jane Cont Delete rows - Delete columns A C F H I J M N O and P Manually move all info up to one row per student Delete all empty rows below See example as the completed file but I only moved a few of the rows per student for the sake of time Is there any way to do all of this with a macro nbsp

A:Solved: XLS Macro to delete specific rows/columns and move columns to rows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xls-macro-to-delete-specific-rows-columns-and-move-columns-to-rows.1021890/
Relevancy 85.56%

Hi,

I have data in the following row format:

0 4591 5 4491 10 4461 15 4441 20 4321

The data are X and Z points so the above example shows 5 pairs of data. I would like to place these pairs of data sequentially in two columns where one column has all the X's and the other has the related Z's. I have many, many rows of similar data that I need transferred into two columns.

0 4591
5 4491
10 4461
15 4441
20 4321

Could anyone help me out with a macro that can do this for me?

Thanks very much in advance.

A:Solved: Excel Macro - Rows to Columns

Welcome to the board.

Let's say the example pairs are in A1:J1.

With A1:J1 selected,

Sub test()
For Each Cell In Selection
If Cell.Column Mod 2 = 1 Then
Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1) = Cell.Value
Else
Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1) = Cell.Value
End If
Next Cell
End Sub

gives you actual pairs in A2:B6.

So, what do we need to adjust to make it compatible with your "many, many rows of similar data" scenario?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-rows-to-columns.992309/
Relevancy 85.56%

I started out with the two previous posts about macros (post 1, post 2) that move rows into columns, but I'm having a little trouble getting it to work for what I need. First, I'm trying to do a data merge into Word, but in order to get the data merge to work/look the way I want it to, I need the XLS data to be in columns.

I'm attaching an example file that has one worksheet of the sample data (though my "real" data has about 300 rows) and the other worksheet is an example of the outcome I need.

Is there anyway I can do what I need? Exporting into another file or another worksheet within this file would be fine.

Thanks in advance.

A:XLS Macro to move data to columns, delete empty rows, delete duplicate columns

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xls-macro-to-move-data-to-columns-delete-empty-rows-delete-duplicate-columns.1014294/
Relevancy 84.63%

Hi, I'm new to macro. Hope you can help me with my problem. I've been stuck with this for a week with no result.

I have this table:

001 002 003 004
111 115 119 123
112 116 120 124
113 117 121 125

Let's say, the first row are the StoreID and all other digits below them are the ProductID

I want to convert this table into something like this:
001 111
001 112
001 113
002 115
002 116
002 117
003 119
003 120
003 121
004 123
004 124
004 125

I haven't made any macro before in MS Excel and this one is really getting the breath out of me.

Hope you can help me please.. I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

A:Help with Macro in excel - Convert Rows to Repeating Columns

is this just a "one off" thing or do you have many sheets to convert? Because for one or a few sheets, it is not a lot of work to do manually...probably take a few minutes ( I 'll explain if you need)

to automate I can do it, but I need to build some loops and references to refer to the columns and ranges to move to a new list...it's a bit of work.

Please confirm also if it is only 4 columns, and or if the column count varies

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-macro-in-excel-convert-rows-to-repeating-columns.748186/
Relevancy 84.63%

I have a flat file that when I read it into excel it populates column 1 of each row with data.
This data is actually a series of 5 fields that I need to have in columns and rows, that is,
column a1 thru a5 I need placed in a1, b1,c1,d1 and e1 followed by
column a6 thru a10 placed in a2,b2,c2,d2 and e2.
The data is balanced, that ism there is data in each of the 5 fields for a "record".
Any help would be appreciated.
THanks

Relevancy 84.63%

Hello - I found a previous post on this site that solves (I think) 90% of what I need to accomplish. I have a large spreadsheet that I need to:

Delete column C
Delete all rows without account numbers (Acct numbers will always be in column A)
Delete all rows that have dates in column F other than 00/00/0000.

The code I found on this site is :

Simple vba code:
lastrow = Range( "A65536").end(xlup).row
For y = LastRow To 2 Step -1
If Cells(y, x).Value = "" Then Cells(y, x).Delete shift:=xlUp
Next y
Set the range to the the column desired, in this case "A"
Lastrow checks the last row and starts from the end up.
Removes all empty rows entirely up to row 2 because row 1 generally is the header
Happy coding
Can anyone help me?

A:Excel 07 MACRO to delete rows/columns w/ criteria

Delete all rows without account numbers (Acct numbers will always be in column A)Click to expand...

If there are no acct numbers, will there be

blanks ""
Space " "
dash -
other ??
Can you provide a sample with dummy data so we can see the data structure?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-07-macro-to-delete-rows-columns-w-criteria.935095/
Relevancy 84.63%

Hello - I found a previous post on this site that solves (I think) 90% of what I need to accomplish. I have a large spreadsheet that I need to:

Delete column C
Delete all rows without account numbers (Acct numbers will always be in column A)
Delete all rows that have dates in column F other than “00/00/0000”.

The code I found on this site is :

Simple vba code:
lastrow = Range( "A65536").end(xlup).row
If Cells(y, x).Value = "" Then Cells(y, x).Delete shift:=xlUp
Next y
Set the range to the the column desired, in this case "A"
Lastrow checks the last row and starts from the end up.
Removes all empty rows entirely up to row 2 because row 1 generally is the header
Happy coding
Can anyone help me?

A:Excel VBA Macro to delete rows/columns with criteria

To delete column c, use:
Code:
Columns("E").EntireColumn.Delete
and
If Cells(y, "A").Value = "" Then Cells(y, "A").Delete shift:=xlUp

Use:
Code:
lastrow = cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup).row
If Cells(y, "A").Value = "" Then Rows(y).EntireRow.Delete
If Cells(y, "F").Value = 00/00/0000 Then Rows(y).EntireRow.Delete ' Delete all rows that have dates in column F other than 00/00/0000.
Next y

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-vba-macro-to-delete-rows-columns-with-criteria.934475/
Relevancy 83.7%

Hi I m new to this so any help would be appreciated My task is this - make checkboxes that would swoh only wanted rows and then copy 2007 macro rows to filtered another that excel sheet copies any wanted rows to another sheet which has a specific design So I have columns quot Description quot and quot price quot To each row I made checkboxes with macro that should remove unwanted rows using this macro Sub CheckBox Click Rows macro excel 2007 that copies filtered rows to another sheet quot quot Select If Selection EntireRow Hidden False Then Selection EntireRow Hidden True Else Selection EntireRow Hidden False End If Range quot A quot Select End Sub And this actually works to my surprise but the thing is I want to make a button that would have macro which would copy only checkboxed marked rows to another worksheet I tried to record macros but that didn t work because it seems that I have to link all checkboxes to that button and only then I ll get a result Now it copies all rows but not the marked ones SO PLEASE HEEELP ME nbsp

Relevancy 83.7%

quot Macro Creation Request for Moving Data from Rows to Columns in a Non-Conventional Way quot Hello all Hopefully somebody can help me with the following problem please see the attached document Presently I have an Excel document containing variables - per country in rows for label through label x However I need the table to contain the country level information as Columns Way Data Request Rows Moving for in from Macro Non-Conventional Creation a to columns Macro Creation Request for Moving Data from Rows to Columns in a Non-Conventional Way for each label so that there is only one row per label For example instead of row containing label argentina variables - then row containing label arab emirates variables - I need the table to contain row label columns argentina variable argentina variable etc then arab emirates variables arab emirates variable etc Also the countries in the table that do not have information for a given label fall at the end of the list for each label instead of in alphabetical order Macro Creation Request for Moving Data from Rows to Columns in a Non-Conventional Way but they need to be placed in Macro Creation Request for Moving Data from Rows to Columns in a Non-Conventional Way alphabetical order when quot columnized quot I have provided the arab emirates as an example Alphabetically it comes before Argentina but in the list it comes after because it did not contain information for those given labels Since information per country will vary from label to label the countries must remain in alphabetical order in the columns regardless of whether information is provided or not per label Is there a macro that may be written for this Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to read my post Happy day nbsp

A:Macro Creation Request for Moving Data from Rows to Columns in a Non-Conventional Way

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-creation-request-for-moving-data-from-rows-to-columns-in-a-non-conventional-way.1120209/
Relevancy 81.53%

Hi A does anyone know how to search for the text content Searching Rows/Columns EXCEL Data in of a cell through a column and then return the value content of the cell of a certain other column of the same row where the text content was found e g A B C D T XY TP YZ TP ZY P YX TP YY FORMULA TP ZZ gt gt FORMULA EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns quot Look for string TP in column A other than in EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns row and return the value of that row in column C C YZ quot NOTE There might be more than row with the string TP in column A - I would need the sum of all results in column C where the FORMULA finds this string B I also have a similar problem with another worksheet It would require a formula which searches through a whole column for certain names e g quot Donna quot and then returns the value of another column in the same row where it found quot Donna quot the value again is not in a column directly EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns adjacent to the column where quot Donna quot would be found This is fairly identical to problem A except that the search string would be unique only result and it doesn t have to take into account and disregard if the string was found in the same row of the FORMULA the search column would be in a different worksheet from the FORMULA worksheet Thanks for any suggestions Cheers from New Zealand Andreas nbsp

Relevancy 81.22%

Hello I ve long used a simple macro on various spreadsheets to reset the last used cell Sub Reset Range Application ActiveSheet UsedRange End then Excel 2003 range reset to & delete columns rows, macro Solved: blank Sub This works fine but prior to using it I would have to press CTRL End to see where the current last cell is then manually delete any blank columns and rows appearing at the end of the data by selecting them by their column letters row numbers right clicking and selecting Delete Failure to do this would mean the macro didn t successfully correct the last used cell I would like to add this stage into the Solved: Excel 2003 macro to delete blank columns & rows, then reset range macro I found some code on the web that allegedly removes all blank rows and columns so I pasted it at the top of my existing macro Option Explicit Sub DeleteBlankRows Dim Rw As Solved: Excel 2003 macro to delete blank columns & rows, then reset range Long RwCnt As Long Rng As Range Application ScreenUpdating False Application Calculation xlCalculationManual On Error GoTo Exits If Selection Rows count gt Then Set Rng Selection Else Set Rng Range Rows Rows Solved: Excel 2003 macro to delete blank columns & rows, then reset range ActiveSheet Cells SpecialCells xlCellTypeLastCell Row End If RwCnt For Rw Rng Rows count To Step - If Application WorksheetFunction CountA Rng Rows Rw EntireRow Then Rng Rows Rw EntireRow Delete RwCnt RwCnt End If Next Rw Exits Application ScreenUpdating True Application Calculation xlCalculationAutomatic End Sub Sub DeleteBlankColumns Dim Col As Long ColCnt As Long Rng As Range Application ScreenUpdating False Application Calculation xlCalculationManual On Error GoTo Exits If Selection Columns count gt Then Set Rng Selection Else Set Rng Range Columns Columns ActiveSheet Cells SpecialCells xlCellTypeLastCell Column End If ColCnt For Col Rng Columns count To Step - If Application WorksheetFunction CountA Rng Columns Col EntireColumn Then Rng Columns Col EntireColumn Delete ColCnt ColCnt End If Next Col Exits Application ScreenUpdating True Application Calculation xlCalculationAutomatic End Sub However it doesn t work with my current document - pressing CTRL END after running the combined macro takes you to the same last cell as if you hadn t run it Cells in the blank columns and rows at the end have formatting shading cell borders but no obvious data As a test I also tried deleting the contents of column in the middle of the data selecting column and pressing Delete just leaving the cell formatting in place The macro failed to remove that column too So can someone help me get code that actually works in deleting empty columns and rows and resetting the last used cell Ta nbsp

A:Solved: Excel 2003 macro to delete blank columns & rows, then reset range

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-macro-to-delete-blank-columns-rows-then-reset-range.1038197/
Relevancy 80.6%

We have a survey package which is great, but it out puts the questions numbers over the columns and each new row is a response, however our calculations are setup for the question numbers to be the rows and the responses are the columns. Is there any way to swap these values around in this fashion? Thanks for any help

A:Excel: swapping columns and rows layout of data?

Howdy. You can copy the data, then Paste Special > Transpose

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-swapping-columns-and-rows-layout-of-data.456591/
Relevancy 109.65%

I have data that repeats hundreds of times. I am trying to put each string of data on 1 line.

f-name(A2) initial(B2) l-name(C2) ID#(D2) DOB(E2) Street(F2) company(G2)
City(F3) company#(G3)
State,Zip(F4)
Home Phone(F5)
Work Phone(F6)
Email(F7)

After the data is moved to one line I would like to delete the lines that previously housed the information. The company# can be deleted. I have never worked with macros. I would appreciate any help given.

A:Solved: move data from rows and columns to other rows and columns

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-move-data-from-rows-and-columns-to-other-rows-and-columns.932353/
Relevancy 105.35%

If you check the file attached.

please can you help me in moving data with duplicate names to have the 2nd and 3rd email address moved to a new column and delete the row

need an excel macro to automate this as i am working with a large number of records like this in one excel sheet. i.e, i want to select the sheet and move data in every 2nd row to the columns in row above at the end of columns in that row.

A:Excel Macro to Move data in Rows to column

I'm unable to understand the entire requirement, but for moving the records with duplicate names, I've written few lines. This will cut the duplicate record rows (Consider "Pupil Forename" for removing)from the "Report Data" and will post into "Sheet3". Before running this macro please insert "Sheet3". Let me know your requirement, hope I will be able to resolve it out. Thanks!

Code:
Sub test()
Sheets("Report Data").Select
Dim trow As Long
trow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows(ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count).Row
For i = trow To 1 Step -1
If i = 1 Then
Exit Sub
End If
If Cells(i, 1).Value = Cells(i - 1, 1) Then
Rows(i).Select
Selection.Cut Destination:=Sheets("Sheet3").Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2)
End If
Next i
End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-to-move-data-in-rows-to-column.1042170/
Relevancy 105.35%

I have a excel file like below.

Column1 |Column2|Column3|Column4|Column5|Column6|Column7
Row 1 EEEE 1 2 3
Row 2 4 5 6

I want to move data in row 2 (4,5,6) to Row 1 columns 5,6,7.

Could you help me with an excel macro to automate this as i am working with a large number of records like this in one excel sheet. i.e, i want to select the sheet and move data in every 2nd row to the columns in row above at the end of columns in that row.

your assistance is greatly appreciated.

thank you

Relevancy 104.92%

What would be the best way to find a specific Column Header, and copy the data found in the column until the column header is found again?

Relevancy 104.49%

Hi I want to write a code block that checks if the row is written so that if it is written then it goes to the next row and start writing there And I Excel - Solved: Syntaxis Macro Basic Visual think this code works it does not give me any errors If you find any mistakes please tell me Code Public Celda As Integer Set col While ActiveCell Value True Then col col wend I have used the col variable to tell me if the column have been used if it has then add to the Solved: Visual Basic Syntaxis - Excel Macro col number so what I need is to find a way to put the quot col quot variable inside the ranges Code Sheets quot Colaboradores quot Range quot B I U B col B U I quot Value colaborador Text So I want the col variable to appear were I have marked it just after B so that it appears for instance this way Code Sheets quot Colaboradores quot Range quot B U I B B I U quot Value colaborador Text Help is much appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 104.49%

I just bought a new laptop running windows 8, downloaded and installed Excel 2007. I have the Developer tab active, did the Macro Security changes to allow activex, enable all macros etc., but the Record Macro, Visual Basic and Macros buttons are inactive. That is, they are not clickable. I updated to windows 8.1 - no joy! Otherwise the install of Excel 2007 seems okay. Spreadsheets from my old computer & a much older version of Excel open okay, formulas work, etc. The Macro issue is the only problem I am aware of at this point. The symptoms are the same on a new (blank) workbook or on an existing spreadsheet. Any suggestions? - I guess a re-install is my next option. Thanks in advance. Bob

A:Solved: Excel 2007 Macro & Visual Basic Not Available

A re-install of Office 2007 did the trick. I enabled functions this time that I had not enabled the first time. Don't know which one solved my problem but the macro buttons are now active & I can get on with it....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2007-macro-visual-basic-not-available.1114857/
Relevancy 104.06%

In Excel 2007, I have a spreadsheet with 14 columns. Twelve of the columns contain categories of data that correspond to the entries in the other two columns. I need to change the list so that each item/amount in each category occupies its own row, as follows:

Eg.

From this:

col1-----col2-----category1-----category2-----category3-----etc... up to 12 categories
aaa------bbb---------------------$55
ccc------ddd------$44--------------------------$66
To this:

col1------col2------category------amount
aaa-------bbb------2-----------------$55
ccc-------ddd------1-----------------$44
ccc-------ddd------3-----------------$66
I know how to do this manually, but it needs to be done frequently on many different sheets. So, I need a way to do it automatically.

Many thanks for your help
jeannie

A:Excel macro - change column data to multiple rows

I have your data mapping from A:N to P:S, with no headers. In case that's wrong, make sure your work's saved before trying this.

Sub test()
LastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To LastRow

For Each Cell In Range("C" & i & ":N" & i)
If Cell <> "" Then
DestRow = WorksheetFunction.CountA(Columns(16)) + 1
Cells(DestRow, 16).Resize(, 2).Value = Cells(i, 1).Resize(, 2).Value
Cells(DestRow, 18) = Cell.Column - 2
Cells(DestRow, 19) = Cell.Value
End If
Next Cell

Next i
End Sub

HTH (welcome to the board)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-change-column-data-to-multiple-rows.992235/
Relevancy 104.06%

Hi:
Using excel 2010
I have a master list of items,product code, and price.
I would like to be able to use a separate worksheet and be able to use a drop down menu/list to select and add individually to my worksheet.
Example, there mmight be 1000 items in my master list and I might like to select/import as such 11 items into my worksheet.
Any suggestions?

A:Solved: Importing selected rows from Excel sheet one to Excel sheet two

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-importing-selected-rows-from-excel-sheet-one-to-excel-sheet-two.1124670/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hey everyone I was wondering if anybody on these forums could help me with the below task I run a backup program that generates email reports to a subfolder in my Outlook every - hours to tell me the status of every backup job that I have set up and have running The email details the job name the job start time and the job status running completed successfully failed missed cancelled etc At the moment I sift through each and every one of these emails I have over backup jobs per day and enter the relevant data manually Excel Outlook to data sheet into Run selected on pull macro into my excel spreadsheet The spreadsheet looks like the following Job name Monday st Oct Tuesday nd Oct Wednesday rd Oct Thursday th Oct Job xxx SUCCESS SUCCESS FAILED FAILED Job Run macro on Outlook to pull selected data into Excel sheet yyy SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS RUNNING Job zzz MISSED MISSED CANCELLED SUCCESS What I amp d like is to automate this process so that each day perhaps every hours a script would run that would search for certain values within each email I receive and update the excel sheet accordingly Example - Monday st Oct am amp email comes into inbox with subject body containing amp Job xxx has started amp gt gt gt gt update Excel sheet to record RUNNING under column amp Monday amp in row titled job xxx - Monday st Oct pm amp email comes into inbox with subject body containing amp job xxx completed successfully amp gt gt gt gt update Excel sheet to record SUCCESS still under column amp Monday amp row titled job xxx - As soon as it turns Tuesday whatever emails come into the inbox relating to the specific job the status is recorded in the relevant cell under the column amp Tuesday amp The job names do NOT change amp i e I will always have jobs with the same name running each and every day The emails I receive Run macro on Outlook to pull selected data into Excel sheet contain the following - Subject gt contains the job name job xxx job yyy job zzz - Body gt contains the job status text within the body contains values such as amp the job completed successfully amp or amp the job failed amp - Body gt contains job details amp i e if a job fails it gives an error code I amp d like to include these within the cell when the job fails amp e g amp Failed with error code amp Also do the emails need to be post-processed i e deleted or moved to a different folder once the script has run in order to differentiate between emails containing a new job status and older emails i e it won amp t run the email at am saying amp job started amp again if a more recent email with the same job name has come in with amp job completed successfully amp Now if this script was to run every day of the year it amp d run up a lot of columns within the sheet so is there a way to archive columns For example each month the populated columns for the month from Oct st to Oct st can be moved to another sheet with name amp backupsjobs october amp I amp d really appreciate any help I can get with this If you need any more info please let me know Thanks ever so much for your help Joe nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/run-macro-on-outlook-to-pull-selected-data-into-excel-sheet.1075419/
Relevancy 102.77%

I do a weekly report that I base on results that I get with search done in Internet Explorer I can then cut and paste these results into an Excel spreadsheet moving unwanted Rows, Question: rows Solved: Excel to new Removing columns some but I need to delete most of the information whole rows and reorganize the remaining rows by taking the even numbered rows and putting them into the B column then delete that Solved: Excel Question: Removing unwanted Rows, moving some rows to new columns Row as well I have included some images that should help Solved: Excel Question: Removing unwanted Rows, moving some rows to new columns A few more items The information that I paste into the excel spredsheet may contain up to but no more than lines from the original copying source in Explorer I m not sure how many lines that translates into Excel After every records in Explorer there is a quot top quot link that gets copied which needs to be taken into consideration when deleting the extra rows entirely Another way to look at this is that I ONLY want to keep the rows that have the digit number a space then more digits as well as the rows that contain the price with the For instance the first record in my example I ONLY kept amp The price will ALWAYS have a and the first set of number will ALWAYS have digits first no letters Attached is a jpg that shows the various steps the last screen shot has a few of the cells highlighted in the upper left hand side Those highlighted cells is all of the information I need and how I need it presented from the first search records the MLS number and the price Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Excel Question: Removing unwanted Rows, moving some rows to new columns

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-question-removing-unwanted-rows-moving-some-rows-to-new-columns.814184/
Relevancy 101.05%

I am trying to hide rows of my worksheet that show a date in the completed column.
The orders that are complete have a date in column F up to this point I highlight them green so I know they are completed but it would be nice if they highlighted green and were hidden when a date was entered into the completed column.
Can someone assist me with creating a macro that will do this?
I am very new to macros so please forgive my lack of knowledge.

I have attached a sample of what I am doing however inf has been changed.

I am using Excel 2007

Thank you,

A:Solved: Macro for excel 2007 to hide rows based on any data entered in a column

Hi, welcome to the forum,

I put some simple code in the Sheet's vba

Make sure you allow macro's to be run

Just enter a date in the last row of column F for testing.

For the other green rows, just click in column F and update the date by retyping it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-macro-for-excel-2007-to-hide-rows-based-on-any-data-entered-in-a-column.1076999/
Relevancy 96.75%

In my work environment we are writing test cases and for the test steps we use a word table Its the same columns so we can load them into the Quality Center environment One issue we had was our review tool doesn to macro insert columns and table new rows into Word a t support word but does text documents The format of the table Word macro to insert new rows and columns into a table was kind of messy when we saved as a text document in the sense it would lump all the stuff together with no clean breaks As a solution people making every other row and column blank so there would be a break in the text format Once the review was complete you would have to then go back into that word doc and delete all the blank rows and columns to load into Quality Center Not hard but time consuming with the number of test we would deal with I wrote a quick macro that would delete the header in the table plus all the blank rows and columns Now what we have is we are re using these test and adding to them Currently we are pulling them out of quality center adding the blank rows and columns back in adding our updates sending back out for review deleting the blank rows and columns macro does this load back into Quality Center There may be a better way to go about this but what I am after is this A macro that will insert a blank row and column every other row and column I have been off and on playing with this for a few days but really have gotten no where with it Posted on a few non technical forum and they suggested posting on this site for some help I tried searching and didn t come up with anything like my scenario so hopefully not asking something previously asked Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-macro-to-insert-new-rows-and-columns-into-a-table.1110148/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi Again

CodeLexicon gave me a code that worked very well in hiding column A only. Is it possible to make the macro hide all columns with all zeros?? Also I tried to change CodeLexicon's macro to do hide all rows whose columns have zeros but without success. I tried to make the code generic.

Attached is a workbook with the 2 macros. Test the macro that I did out and see that it only hides row A only.

Mario

Relevancy 96.75%

New to Excel Macros tried this from a thread from worked very multiple sheet column Macro (same to rows t copy new value) well Only thing is in my worksheets I have multiple rows with the same column value I need to copy and paste them all into sheet and then move on Macro t copy multiple rows (same column value) to new sheet to the next gene and so on Sub GeneFinder Dim srchLen gName nxtRw As IntegerDim g As Range'Clear Sheet and Copy Column Headings Sheets Cells ClearContents Sheets Rows Copy Destination Sheets Rows 'Determine length of Search Column from Sheet srchLen Sheets Range A Rows Count End xlUp Row'Loop through list in Sheet Column A As each value is'found in Sheet Column I copy it to the next row in Sheet With Sheets Columns I For gName To srchLen Set g Find Sheets Range A gName lookat xlWhole If Not g Is Nothing Then nxtRw Sheets Range D Rows Count End xlUp Row g EntireRow Copy Destination Sheets Range A nxtRw End If Next End WithEnd SubAnyone out there that can help Thank you

A:Macro t copy multiple rows (same column value) to new sheet

First, may I request that you click on the blue line at the bottom of this post and read the instructions related to posting VBA code in this forum. Please keep those instructions in mind the next time you post VBA code. Thanks!As for your question, this thread contains the solution.http://www.computing.net/answers/of...In addition, this How To should help you write and debug VBA code. If you are going to be writing/editing VBA code, these techniques can be extremely helpful.http://www.computing.net/howtos/sho...The infamous blue line:Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/macro-t-copy-multiple-rows-same-column-value-to-new-sheet/20055.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi,

I need to write a macro which has to automatically fill the data written in sheet1 to sheet3.This should happen row wise.

For example if the data entered in A3 of sheet1 then this data should automatically get entered in A7 of sheet 3 upon a button press.

Advance thanks for your replies.
Sandesh K R

A:Macro to insert data entered in one sheet to another sheet

Isn't this just a copy and paste?
You could record a macro and then edit it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-to-insert-data-entered-in-one-sheet-to-another-sheet.975942/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hey,

I have imported sales data in excel. The information lists in along two rows with mutliple columns. I need the information to be in one row under various headings. I have attached a link to a sample to explain this properly. I think I need to use a macro but I don't understand enough about them to make it work.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av0-qDbMrH0rdHJWaWlReXd4RXptWlpwME50UTBsclE

Relevancy 92.88%

I have formulas that has the data setup in rows (input). The next sheet is formulas that are in columns referencing these individual rows (output). When column A's formulas are dragged to column B, the references change as expected but to Sheet1!B1 rather than Sheet1!A2 (back to the rows). I think I 've done this before, but can't for the life of me remember how. Help me please and I'll be your best friend! (hey, it's the best I can do).

thanks,

drew

A:Excel Columns to Rows

Select all the cells involved

Right click anywhere on your selection and from the menu that pops up choose Copy

Click in the cell where you want the list to begin then Right click and from the menu choose Paste special you will now see another menu.

At the bottom right hand side of this menu, Select Transpose.

That's it your list will now run across the page instead of down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-columns-to-rows.210075/
Relevancy 92.02%

I have a very large spreadsheet (i.e. too big for pivoting and transposing wouldn't work) which looks something like this:
Col. ACol. BCol. CCol. DCol. ECol. FCol. GEntry1Info124562131654632435435Entry2Info150256874654242454654Entry3Info2221333333336546548463
I want it to look like this (i.e. flip Col.C through Col. G and line it up with Entry1, then do the same for Entry2, etc.):

Col. ACol. BCol. CEntry1Info12Entry1Info456Entry1Info2131Entry1Info6546Entry1Info32435435Entry2Info150Entry2Info25Entry2Info6874654Entry2Info242Entry2Info454654Entry3Info222Entry3Info133333Entry3Info333Entry3Info654654Entry3Info8463

Please help!

Relevancy 92.02%

I have data in columns - starting A Data columns Formulas Creating from in in rows - P and another set of data from A -P I have various formulae using that data starting in A -A I wish to include the second row of data the A -P into a second set of formulas from B -B Filling right doesn t work because if the formula in the A column is something as simple as quot A C D quot when I fill right the formula in the B column is quot B D E quot - when I NEED it to read quot A C D quot I realize there is probably a simple workaround for this - in fact I COULD just rekey the formula the reasons I don t are the formulas are more elaborate than I listed there will be many more rows of data at least more - Creating Formulas in rows from Data in columns so rekeying the formula for EACH row of data would be time-consuming and it will eventually move the formulas off the same visible area as the data I m currently combatting that by having the panes frozen Is there any way to accomplish what I m trying to get done Chris nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

Hi I would like to put names or numbers on the columns and rows Ive managed to get a table to work for me its a set of multiples for the first cell is blank the next headings EXCEL, on i columns?? put Can and rows is the first entry and i put in this case here the rest of the table fills itself in with multiples of Thing is when i print it out i want the columns and rows to have headings Is there a way to do this please The drawing is only aproximate i have to convert to bmp then add in the extra numbers which EXCEL, Can i put headings on rows and columns?? dont change they could be background the colour doesnt matter it is only there to separate the columns and rows from the multiples of Later if its or i would use the same table lt img src quot http forums techguy org attachment php postid quot gt by using the tens and units you get the multiple at the intersection row and column give the result for times There might be better ways but this works ok Regards John nbsp

A:EXCEL, Can i put headings on rows and columns??

I set up the rows and column headings the way you want.
Then I hid the "real" row and column headings.

www.theofficeexperts.com/downloads/ForJohn1.xls
You can left-click to view it.
Right-click and choose Save target as to save it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-can-i-put-headings-on-rows-and-columns.127894/
Relevancy 91.59%

how can the contents in cells A1, A2 and A3 be transposed so that they are on the same row, AND always on the same row as B1; and

how can the contents in cells A4, A5 and A6 be transposed so that they are on the same row, AND always on the same row as B4.

a sample worksheet is attached.

thanks.

Relevancy 91.59%

I have some Excel files that only take up 50 - 100 rows, but the scroll bar on the side is very tiny (as if I had used the worksheet to the bottom). Is there a way to get rid of these unwanted rows at the end? I've highlighted and deleted them, but they just get replaced. Is there a simple way, withouht copying the data to a new file?

Thanks!

A:Excel - Getting rid of extra rows/columns

Copy and paste the cells into a new worksheet. By default, Excel opens a Workbook with 3 Worksheets. After copying andpasting the info, nad verifying that itlooks the way you want, then you can right-click the worksheet tab at the bottom and delte the old one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-getting-rid-of-extra-rows-columns.102865/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi There

It has been quite a while since I asked for help. I wonder if the following is doable as an Excel macro. The attached is only a demo with only 2 fields and a few rows of data. The real worksheet has more fields and around 3,000 rows.

Sheet 1 contains the data in its initial state and sheet 2 contains data after the macro is run. You will see from sheet 2 that the field labeled QUANTITY determines the number of rows to insert and copy the correct data into those inserted rows. I want the entire row to be copied down as opposed to only the data, since I have more columns than shown here. Is this possible to do? Can anyone help me with writing a macro, since I have over 3,000 rows to do.

Thanks for all your help. You guys are fantastic.

Mario

A:Inserting specific number of rows in Excel and copying data in those inserted rows

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inserting-specific-number-of-rows-in-excel-and-copying-data-in-those-inserted-rows.524552/
Relevancy 90.73%

I have an excel file with single worksheet. The file is about 4-5 print pages in A4 size. The excel file has titles in first column and 5th row. I want to repeat these titles in every pages when printing. How do I do this. Can I use macros for this.

A:Repeating rows and columns for printing in excel

See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA102432191033.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repeating-rows-and-columns-for-printing-in-excel.870707/
Relevancy 90.73%

I need to convert rows to columns in Excel like this:

Monday | 1
Tuesday | 2
Wednesday | 3
Thursday | 4
Friday | 5
Monday | 6
Tuesday | 7
Wednesday | 8
Thursday | 9
Friday | 0

to:

Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 0

Is this possible?

Well, that didn't display at all like I expected. In short, I need the repeating headers in column A to become one set of headers in row 1 with the data corresponding to each header name below it. Does that make sense?

A:Solved: Excel Rows to Columns with a Twist

Try this :

1) copy the days i.e(MondayTuesdayWednesday Thursday Friday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
2) Go to the required cell and right click and select "paste special as" then select "Transpose"
You will get the data in this shape
MondayTuesdayWednesday Thursday Friday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
4) Repeat the same step for other data............

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-rows-to-columns-with-a-twist.742146/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi,

I need help in Excel copying columns and paste it in rows.

Ex: I have Columns A and B.
Column A Column B
5.78% 4.51%
23.60% 32.50%
14.17% 16.41%
32.12% 54.16%

Now output should be in one row.

Row1 5.78% 4.51% 23.60% 32.50% 14.17% 16.41% 32.12% 54.16%

A:Copy columns and paste in rows in Excel

sub test()
dim rng as range
dim i as long
dim col as long
dim nextcol as long
dim lastrow as long
lastrow = range("A"&rows.count).end(xlup)
set rng = range("A2:B"&lastrow)
col=rng.columns.count
nextcol =col+1
for i=2 to lastrow
range(cells(i,1),cells(i,col)).copy cells(1,nextcol)
nextcol=nextcol+col
next
rng.delete
end sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-columns-and-paste-in-rows-in-excel.1059996/
Relevancy 90.73%

Excel 2003

1st seven to nine rows are not only hidden, on each tab of a multi-tab file, but I can not access them by using the up arrow - scrollbar is also missing - needless to say, I can not access the top left cell which selects the whole sheet - no panes are frozen

what to do - this happened once before and I can not remember how I fixed it.

A:Hidden and inaccessible rows at top of Excel sheet

gsjmurphy, welcome to the Forum.
Try Main Menu>Format>Row>Unhide

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hidden-and-inaccessible-rows-at-top-of-excel-sheet.958636/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello guys!

Here's the situation I'm in:

I have 2 excel sheets. In Sheet 1, I have a variable called X. I need a macro or formula to achieve this:

1) X needs to be searched in Sheet 2
2) If X exists in Sheet 2, copy corresponding rows beside it.
3) After copying, come back to Sheet 1 and paste it beside X.

All help is really appreciated!

Thanks a ton!

A:Find X from one Excel sheet in another, fetch rows corresponding to X

Hi

Can you post a sample workbook, with some details of explanation?

Jimmy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/find-x-from-one-excel-sheet-in-another-fetch-rows-corresponding-to-x.1000852/
Relevancy 89.87%

..... and I want to convert the lot to 2 decimal place numbers.

Excel has several methods, but none seem to work for conversion in bulk. Working on futher cells from a suitably formatted one does not work.

Is the only way to solve my problem to manually enter the numbers elsewhere, clear the original cells, and then cut and paste back to the original cells?

Help please!

A:Number data in 10 columns and 25 rows pasted from other source is text

Need more info about the source text file. When opened in Word and Show All (the paragraph mark) is enabled, what does the text file look like?

See this thread from a couple years ago and see if it gives you any ideas:

Please Help - Data in Text File to be arranged in Excel in a specific

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/298996-number-data-10-columns-25-rows-pasted-other-source-text.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I know you can hide and unhide rows and columns but can you make it so they don't even exist?

I have a just under 2m picture I want to put as a background but when you put the file as a background it tiles it the whole 256 columns and 65,536 rows even if I have them hidden.

This makes my 2.5m spreadsheet over 32 megs in size even with the columns/rows hidden.

I need to be able to see the lines on this above the picture for this project and I can't find any way to do this. I thought I could put it in the background but this pesky problem turned up.

I tried adding more space to the jpg that was empty white space but this too also increased the file size.

Relevancy 89.01%

Ive spent so much time on this, I want to pull my hair out.

I have a pdf file of addresses. I converted the pdf to an excel file (the one I uploaded).

My eventual goal is to convert the addresses into excel, then do a mail merge into word.

I found a tool (via this great site) called ASAP utilities that I can turn the rows into columns, thats easy.

But the problem is, the addresses aren't always the same length. Some labels are 4 rows, others are 6 rows.

Is there any way I can either automatically make the rows 6 each without doing it manually? Or does anyone have any type of suggestion?

Thanks so much for the help

A:Converting excel rows (addresses) to columns for mail merge

Firstly, can I assume that you have permission to use those addresses for your own mailing?

If so you could go back to the originator and ask them to give you a CSV file, or maybe see if the pdf file can be saved as a CSV file.

If so, it would be very easy to bring that into Excel and then convert the file from text to Columns, using the Data, Text to Columns feature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-excel-rows-addresses-to-columns-for-mail-merge.860585/
Relevancy 89.01%

Well..glad I found this forum. I would like to be able to populate a word document from an excel worksheet, with the ability to select (highlight) multiple rows in excel and have those rows transferred to word, but only certain columns

I found almost the right macro here:
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/732913-solved-populate-word-document-excel-2.html

Except you can only select (1) row.

Any coding solutions on how to copy a range of rows? This will also require the .Text in the word paste to change....
I see some hope with this code as well, but figuring it out may take me longer than someone that does this everyday.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1725768/excel-macro-to-select-multiple-row
Thank you.

Relevancy 89.01%

I am un able to get an existing word file to open I can Doc Word Select Populate (Multiple Columns) Rows, Excel from get the following to open a new word file I need this to opoen an existing file Sub export Word row Dim oWD As Object Dim wdDoc As Object Dim TWB As Workbook wsh wsh As Worksheet Set TWB ThisWorkbook On Error Populate Word Doc from Excel (Multiple Rows, Select Columns) Resume Next Set oWD GetObject quot Word Application quot If Err Number lt gt Then Set oWD CreateObject quot Populate Word Doc from Excel (Multiple Rows, Select Columns) Word Application quot Err Clear Set wdDoc oWD documents Add With wdDoc With Range paragraphs Range Text quot PICK UP amp DELIVERY quot amp Chr Font Size Font Name quot Times New Roman quot Font Bold True Font Underline True ParagraphFormat Alignment End With With Range paragraphs Range Text quot PICK UP quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot K quot Value amp vbTab amp Chr Font Size Font Name quot Times New Roman quot Font Bold True Font Underline True ParagraphFormat Alignment End With With Range paragraphs Range Text Chr amp Chr amp Chr amp Chr Font Size Font Underline False ParagraphFormat TabStops ClearAll DefaultTabStop Application CentimetersToPoints ParagraphFormat TabStops Add Position Application CentimetersToPoints Alignment Leader End With With Range paragraphs Range Text quot NAME quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot B quot Value amp vbTab amp Cells row quot C quot Value amp Chr amp quot ADDRESS quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot D quot Value amp vbTab amp Cells row quot E quot Value amp Chr amp quot PHONE quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot R quot Value amp Chr amp quot MODEL quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot F quot Value amp Chr amp quot VIN quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot G quot Value amp Chr amp Chr amp quot WORK TO PERFORM quot amp quot quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot I quot Value amp Chr amp Chr amp Chr amp quot SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS quot amp quot quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot J quot Value amp Chr Font Size Font Name quot Times New Roman quot Font Bold False ParagraphFormat Alignment End With End With oWD Visible True wdDoc Activate End Sub nbsp

A:Populate Word Doc from Excel (Multiple Rows, Select Columns)

Hi,
Welcome to the forum
You should paste your code in a code clock

[ code ]

no spaces in between the []

[ / code ]
Code:

Set wdDoc = oWD.documents.Add

To open a word doc
Code:

Set wdDoc = oWD.documents.Open(fullpath and name of the file)

This should do the trick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/populate-word-doc-from-excel-multiple-rows-select-columns.1111808/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello,

I need help to create an Excel macro that would

1. ask users to select x number of rows to be copied from one worksheet of one Excel file
2. once users have selected the rows to be copied, then the rows are copied from the one original Excel file into X number of target Excel files

Notes:
the target Excel files are all based on the same template
there is one worksheet in each of the target Excel files

in the target files, the rows should be copied from the first available empty row, going down

Looking forward to your help!

Thanks a lot.
Mzz

A:Macro needed to copy x number of rows from one Excel file into a batch of Excel files

Hi, welcome to the board.
Not much info there to get the correct picture.
Sample? Of source and template please
And not to forget, what version of Excel are you and the users using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-needed-to-copy-x-number-of-rows-from-one-excel-file-into-a-batch-of-excel-files.1002554/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi,

I have an application called BT Billing Analyst. This application has an option to open a report in Excel.

When I used Excel 2007 the report data opened in sheet 1 of an Excel workbook and some information on the report was put on sheet 2.

I recently upgraded to Excel 2013 and now when I open the report in Excel the report data is populated on sheet one but after that the first 25 lines get overwritten by the information that should go to sheet 2.

Is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks
Paul

A:Excel - Sheet 2 data getting written to sheet 1

You may have to go to the BT Billing vendor to resolve this. Perhaps an updated version is available. 2007 is xml based like 2013 so I am surprised there is a conflict. But I don't think there is anything in Excel you can do to resolve.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-sheet-2-data-getting-written-to-sheet-1.1116974/
Relevancy 86.43%

In my quest to develop macros to manipulate our data I am trying to find a way to delete all rows that do not contain data in column J. Any ideas of how I could select rows without having the specific worksheet in the macro?

Whenever I try recording a macro using the sort function, it specifies the one worksheet where I recorded it.
This is what it recorded:
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Z011_15A").Sort.SortFields.Clear
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Z011_15A").Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=ActiveCell. _
Offset(-98, 0).Range("A1:A159"), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlDescending _
, DataOption:=xlSortNormal
With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Z011_15A").Sort
.SetRange ActiveCell.Offset(-99, -9).Range("A1:X160")
.Header = xlYes
.MatchCase = False
.Orientation = xlTopToBottom
.SortMethod = xlPinYin
.Apply
End With

Relevancy 86.43%

Hi - i am trying to write a macro to move data from some rows to columns, but its not a straightforward transpose. Attached is the example

and if there are any blanks not to transpose those.

Suggestions??

A:Macro column data into rows

Select your range of data to evaluate (in your attached example you would select C3:N12) and then run the macro below. The macro will create a new sheet with the transposed data.
Code:
Sub Transpose()

oldSheet = ActiveSheet.Name

Worksheets.Add().Name = "NewSheet"

Sheets(oldSheet).Select

For Each vcell In Selection.Cells

If vcell.Value <> "" Then

vRow = Sheets("NewSheet").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row

Sheets("NewSheet").Range("A" & vRow).Value = Range("A" & vcell.Row).Value
Sheets("NewSheet").Range("B" & vRow).Value = Range("B" & vcell.Row).Value
Sheets("NewSheet").Range("C" & vRow).Value = Cells(2, vcell.Column).Value
Sheets("NewSheet").Range("D" & vRow).Value = vcell

End If

Next vcell

End Sub
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-column-data-into-rows.1026000/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi All How will I insert Data from One sheet to another Please find attached sample file What I want is that there will two button one is quot Insert quot and other is quot Reset quot Submit button will be in quot Leave Application Form quot sheet and the quot Insert quot button will be in to with Insert One From Sheet Another Macro Data quot Update quot sheet Here you will get two sheets One is Leave Application Form and the other is quot update quot what ever data i will put in the quot Leave Application Form quot and will press the quot Insert quot button it will update the same column in quot update quot sheet if i get any duplicate entries I have no problem The no of times i will press the quot insert quot button it will update the same column in the quot Update quot sheet At last there will be an reset button which you help me to reset all the row when I want in the quot Update quot sheet What will the code for Insert Data From One Sheet to Another with Macro that Please help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Insert Data From One Sheet to Another with Macro

Hi welcome to the forum,
The code for that will be vba (macro), Have you tried anything yourself yet?
You can very simply record a macro. You start recording and follow the steps you have explained above.
Do it for one row and stop recording.
Recodor another macro for the other steps.
Open the VBA project and look at the macro's and see what was done
Then the more difficult part is program these to do it for more rows, but that is for later.
I'll check your attached file and see if I understand what you need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/insert-data-from-one-sheet-to-another-with-macro.1015140/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi Everyone,
Iam new to this forum as well as excel. I saw a file before that had a button "Save Data" and it will save the data I wish to be saved in another worksheet and it will go down one row automatically for the next set. Somehow i managed to create a excel file with the fileds i need to input. However i am not able to complete it without the macros. Hope some one could complete this and send me the file ( i dont't know even a bit about excel ).

Relevancy 85.57%

I need to create a macro that when run accomplishes the following Creates a new sheet and names it the same as the value of the currently active cell in the current worksheet in add Macro to new a Excel sheet The macro should only work when Sheet is active and only if the active cell is within a range Macro to add a new sheet in Excel in column A e g gt A If a sheet of the intended name already exists then it should display an Error Message The new sheet should actually be a copy of sheet Example Sheet Test List Sheet Blank Test Form If I enter in Col A Row on sheet and then run the macro via a button it should copy Sheet into the workbook giving it a name of Test If poss I d like it to create the new sheet and place it alphabetically along the sSheet names at the bottom of the workbook One for XLGURU please Thanks Hew PS I am about to start a VBA course so this will help me nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,
I'm trying to write a visual basic Marco for Word. I want the Macro to:

Search for each bold heading in my Word document and store the name of each heading as a dimension in an String.

e.g.
Dim headingnames (1 to 100) as String
headingname (1) = first bold and central heading name in my document (e.g. "CHAPTER 1")
headingname (2) = second bold and central heading name in my document ("CHAPTER 2")
headingname (3) = third etc.

How can I do this? Should I use the Find.Text command somehow?

Thanks!

Relevancy 85.57%

I would like to use visual basic macros in excel. In the file below I have copied all the steps that I do. 1) two buttons are inserted in the excel sheet; 2) the macro name is requested, so I leave the name "Pulsante1_Click" , "Pulsante2_Click" as it is proposed; 3) I go to the left corner whgwre is written "visual basic"; 4) now I would expect the two instructions
Private Sub Pulsante1_Click
End Sub
so I could insert my code between them, but on the contrary I have a page that I do not know how to use.

Sure I do not perform the exact sequence of necessary steps, but I cannot imagine what I should do. Can you help me, please?

A:problem about macro visual basic

If you double click the button it should open the button click event where you insert the code. You can also right click the button and select "View Code"

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-about-macro-visual-basic.1088999/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi I have developed a template which I need help on I m pretty new read inept beginner to visual basic so after Visual Macro Word Basic Help faffing around for a while I have found some code which Word Visual Basic Macro Help seems to work I am trying to achieve a collapsible table so that when a plus minus icon is clicked the table collapses and is no longer visible My problem is that I m pretty sure the code I m using is an extremely roundabout way of doing what I Word Visual Basic Macro Help want The other issue is that as I will be asking people to fill out the form and then send it back to me I want to be able to protect it so that only certain fields can be filled out I have the protection set up the way I like it however when the document is protected the macro then stops working I m assuming because the macro is set up to amend the table size which the protection option is then restricting In short could you help me with A having a more efficient code in place B ensuring that the macro works when the document is protected Hope this all makes sense Cheers nbsp

A:Word Visual Basic Macro Help

Hi,
I took a look at this out of curiosity but can't think of a way I'd do it.
Have you thought of Excel, I mean do you need the data in word, do you export the data to some database?

You could recreate the document in Excel and then have the macro's do their ework too.
You could include a data output and a PDF file that would show what has been entered.

I'm running into word issues too so I've abandonned my attempts and focused on Excel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-visual-basic-macro-help.1121422/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hiya

Learn how to use Microsoft Visual Basic .NET to develop COM add-ins for Microsoft Outlook. The sample Visual Basic .NET Outlook COM add-in resolves Contact mailing addresses with an XML Web service.
System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows XP

Microsoft Outlook 2002
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ad-3193-474b-acf4-8ce83a968ee1&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-outlook-2002-add-ins-with-visual-basic-net-feb-9.118132/
Relevancy 85.14%

Ok here is what I have.

I am working on a report that would identify duplicate rows on a spreadsheet and hightlight them.

As of right now I am useing:

Code:

=IF(AND(E3=E2,Q3=Q2),"Repeat","Unique"))

Then I highlight all the "Repeat" rows and resort them.

I was I have tried to come up with a macro and do not have much other then how to get the cells to highlight
Code:

With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 6
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With

I do know I am going to have to use an IF statement in the VB but not sure what comes next.

Thanx in advance.

Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I am a total vba beginer and really need some help I just can t get my head round the following Any help would be so very much appreciated This is what I am trying to do- I have a sheet with many columns of info This info is basically a listing of the fruits whole Macro Excel copies that rows that Shop A B and C sell and the different prices and other stats I want to copy across the rows of info for each shop sort by fruit but exclude some of the stats example If column equals shop A and column equals pears then copy the row of info into the new sheet but only the info in columns and I then want a blank row Then I want if column equals Shop A and column equals Excel Macro that copies whole rows apples then copy the row of info into the new sheet but only in the info in columns and Then I want a blank row Then I want if column equals Shop A and column equals peaches then copy the row of info into the new sheet but only in the info in columns and Then a blank row and repeat process for Shop B and C If Shop A B C has no apples peaches pears then nothing will be returned After each shop s fruit has been listed I want to total up the prices column in the orginal sheet And then I want a grand total of Shop A shop B Shop C as the last line I hope I am clear Thanks so much in advance nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

I have spreadsheet that has a bunch of parts listed in separate categories Column A is the quantity column I want to be able to hide all rows using a macro that have a zero in column A The workbook has several sheets that need the same functionality The macro must not hide rows with nothing in them or nothing in column A For example a row may have content in hide rows to Macro Excel other columns but nothing in column A because that row is not used for a specific part therefore there will never be a quantity entered The code below works great except that it hides all rows with that are zero or blank I just need to figure Excel Macro to hide rows out how to make it skip the blank rows column A has no data Any ideas It doesn t have to be with my code just something that provides this function Excel Macro to hide rows for all sheets in the workbook Thanks Option Explicit Sub HideRowsWithZeros Dim ws As Worksheet Dim c As Range Dim rngRange As Range Application ScreenUpdating False For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook Worksheets ws Select Set rngRange Range Cells Cells End xlUp For Each c In rngRange If c Value Then c EntireRow Hidden True End If Next c Next ws Application ScreenUpdating True End Sub nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

I m not sure Excel Macro rows adding to allow what this is called possibly dynamic named range so I will try to explain I am trying to update a macro that was written by somebody else In the macro Excel Macro to allow adding rows he used row numbers I have added rows within the referenced area and now the macro pulls information from the wrong rows I want to change the macro to allow for more rows whenever I feel like we need to add them The piece of the code that I want to update is below If I change the row numbers it works properly but I need them to allow for movement I m not sure how the rest of the macro Excel Macro to allow adding rows uses this piece so if I need to post the rest of the macro or the actual document please let me know Project Level Documents rowHeader rowPDDstr rowPDDend rowTOGPMstr rowTOGPMend rowRAstr rowRAend rowSOWstr rowSOWend rowTestStrategystr rowTestStrategyend rowImplementation and Transition Strategystr rowImplementation and Transition Strategyend rowIssue Mgmtstr rowIssue Mgmtend rowRisk Mgmtstr rowRisk Mgmtend rowChange Mgmtstr rowChange Mgmtend rowProject Planstr rowProject Planend rowProject Statusstr rowProject Statusend rowProject Reviewstr rowProject Reviewend nbsp

A:Excel Macro to allow adding rows

Hi, Welcome to the forum.
This is something I tell every poster.
Please start by telling us which version of Excel you're using.
What you explain may be clear to you but try and envision somebody who has no idea of what you're intending to achieve.
I do suggest you attach a sample (copy) of you file with non-private data and add some informtaion there, somehting like showing a 'before' and 'after' so that one us can understand what you need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-to-allow-adding-rows.1106638/
Relevancy 85.14%

I need some help in creating a macro in Excel 2010 for deleting rows that contain specific characters (the pound sign) in the text. I cannot get it to recognize the # as text. Also the # is embedded as part of a line of text which varies, so I also need a wildcard. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

A:Excel macro for deleting rows

use instr("original text", "#")

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-for-deleting-rows.1066126/
Relevancy 85.14%

I Excel Macro Random Rows ran into a post from DerbyDad that grabs a certain number of rows based on a percentage I've edited it a bit to fit what I'm trying to accomplish but have run into a dilemna My question is is there a way to have percRows equal a certain number of rows to pull This number wouldn't be hard-coded but I would like percRows to refer to a cell to get this number Thank you for any assistance provided Randomize 'Initialize Random number seed Dim MyRows As Integer ' Declare dynamic array Dim numRows percRows nxtRow nxtRnd chkRnd copyRow As Integer 'ThisWorkbook Sheets Inventory Activate Sheets Add After Sheets Sheets Count Sheets Sheet Select Sheets Sheet Name Temp Sheets Inventory Range A N Copy Sheets Temp Range A 'Determine Number of Rows in Sheet Column A numRows Sheets Range B Rows Count End xlUp Row 'Get of that number percRows numRows 'Allocate elements in Array ReDim MyRows percRows 'Create Random numbers and fill array For nxtRow To percRows getNew 'Generate Random number nxtRnd Int numRows Rnd 'Loop Excel Macro Random Rows through array checking for Duplicates For chkRnd To nxtRow 'Get new number if Duplicate is found 'If MyRows chkRnd nxtRnd Then GoTo getNew Next 'Add element if Random number is unique MyRows nxtRow nxtRnd Next 'Loop through Array copying rows to Sheet For copyRow To percRows Sheets Rows MyRows copyRow EntireRow Cut Destination Sheets Cells copyRow Offset

A:Excel Macro Random Rows

In it's simplest form you could use:percRows = Range("$A$1")While this should work great when A1 contains a number, things will go horribly wrong if A1 contains "Fred". ;-)Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/excel-macro-random-rows/19804.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I am trying to come up with a code that will cut one or multiple rows and paste to a different sheet. The determination of what rows to cut is if it goes one day past the date in Column D.
Can anyone provide any guidance?

A:Excel Macro/Cut & Paste Rows

Hi, with the information you have given us (not much), a macro will do the job.
You could either make it event-driven or manual.
kevcott9 had a similra question but not with a condition in column D, but the idea would be the same, copy rows to different sheets.
This is event driven.
I've attached the file with the code I 'wrote' for him, maybe you can change it and use it too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-cut-paste-rows.1109180/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi everybody,
My op system is Windows XP, and I have office 2002 installed
Here is my difficulty: I have a long excel sheet with a variety of formulas. When I insert new rows somewhere in the middle, I want to keep the same cell formatting (for numbers, currency.. etc) and the same formulas as the previous rows. Right now I have to do this task manually. Is there a way to automate it?
Thanking you in advance
Hrisula

Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all,

I'm using Excel 2000 and have a sheet of data that includes a row with a cell value only every five cells. I want to take this data and create a new row on 'sheet 2'. I've attached a dummy excel sheet which should hopefully explain all. I've only ever created macros using the 'record' function which is obviously not ideal for this since the data I need to run this on includes 30,000 individuals. Any help in creating a macro for this purpose would be appreciated.

Thanks
bmb

Relevancy 84.71%

I am very new to writing macros and I'm trying to find a macro that will search for a key word within the whole spreadsheet. If the keyword is found in say 7 of the rows, those rows will remain and all others will be hidden (except for the first 4 rows as these have headings, etc.).I would be very grateful to anyone who can point me in the right direction!message edited by Adrian82

A:Excel Macro - Keep only columns with key words in them

I do not have access to Excel or VBA at the present time, so the best I can offer at this point is to suggest that you look up the VBA Find method via Google. You'll find various options for the use of Find and FindNext. Those are the methods that I would use to loop through your sheet, searching for the key word.If I were to write code to do this, I would start by hiding all Rows (except for the rows with the headings) and then unhiding the rows where the key words were found. That way is easier than hiding rows which don't contain the keyword. Finding something with VBA and unhiding the row where it was found is much easier than not finding something and then hiding the row where it wasn't found.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/excel-macro-keep-only-columns-with-key-words-in-them/19926.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I was hoping someone could help me write or find a macro that would take two columns and move it to column A under the previous data and repeat for all columns. Basically user information is located in pairs of columns (typeofvalue, value). So column A and B are for user1, column C and D are user2, column E and F are user3, etc. Bonus if I could have a space in between each once moved.

Current:

HTML Code:
A B C D
User1First User1Last User2First User2Last
User1ValueTypeA1 User1ValueB1 User2ValueTypeA1 User2ValueB1
User1ValueTypeA2 User1ValueB2 User2ValueTypeA1 User2ValueB1
Desired:

HTML Code:
A B
User1First User1Last
User1ValueTypeA1 User1ValueB1
User1ValueTypeA2 User1ValueB2

SPACE/EMPTY ROW

User2First User2Last
User2ValueTypeA1 User2ValueB1
User2ValueTypeA1 User2ValueB1
Each user has 47 rows of "values", for the example I just did two rows worth.

A:Excel Macro to move columns to 1 row after each other.

I did a quick google and found this. It worked for you?

Excel macro to move columns to 1 row after each other

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/374441-excel-macro-move-columns-1-row-after-each-other.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I am trying to create a macro in Excel that will sum two different columns of numbers The columns will always 2 Macro Sum 2007 Columns Excel be the same length I am new at quot trying quot to create macros and I can t figure out how to keep the same range to sum just move it columns to the right A sample of the table data is below Thank You Sub Test On Error GoTo CancelExit With Selection Offset Rows Count Columns Count Excel 2007 Macro Sum 2 Columns Cells FormulaR C quot SUM quot amp Address xlR C amp quot quot Offset Rows Count Columns Count Cells FormulaR C quot SUM quot amp Address xlR C amp quot quot End With CancelExit On Error GoTo End Sub I am trying to create a macro in Excel that will sum two different columns of numbers The columns will always be the same length I am new at quot trying quot to create macros and I can t figure out how to keep the same range to sum just move it columns to the right A sample of the table data is below Thank You Sub Test On Error GoTo CancelExit With Selection Offset Rows Count Columns Count Cells FormulaR C quot SUM quot amp Address xlR C amp quot quot Offset Rows Count Columns Count Cells FormulaR C quot SUM quot amp Address xlR C amp quot quot End With CancelExit On Error GoTo End Sub Sale Date Sale Price Adj Sale Price Land Imp Total I would be summing the Adj Sale Price and the Total everytime There is data above and below each quot mini-table quot and all are of different rows I tried to set it up to highlight the first column series as all the rows in that series will alway be the same number of rows All help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

I am trying to do a macro to multiply the several columns values, observing determined terms, but do not be getting. Attachment, worksheet with example and for macro that I typed but is not solving. I thank any help.

Relevancy 84.71%

Hello I have built a small simple Macro in Excel which simply un-protects a sheet copies and pastes some data from another sheet and then re-protects the sheet However when I run the Macro a prompt asking for a password to un-protect the sheet is asked which is fine then the copy and paste happens however I am not asked to enter a password to re-protect the sheet When I exit the via Excel Sheet Re-Protecting Macro Macro the sheet appears to be protected however simply selecting the un-protect sheet option will un-protect it without prompting for a password Is there something I m missing I wish to re-protect the sheet where a password is required Code Sub Macro Sheets Re-Protecting Excel Sheet via Macro quot Old quot Select ActiveSheet Unprotect Sheets quot Totals quot Select Range quot A S Re-Protecting Excel Sheet via Macro quot Select Selection Copy Sheets quot Old quot Select Range quot A quot Select Selection PasteSpecial Paste xlPasteValues Operation Re-Protecting Excel Sheet via Macro xlNone SkipBlanks False Transpose False Application CutCopyMode False ActiveSheet Protect DrawingObjects True Contents True Scenarios True End Sub Any help would be gratefully received thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/re-protecting-excel-sheet-via-macro.97471/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have 1 identifier (column a) and 10 associated yes/no questions (column b to column k). I need a macro that inserts a separate row in a new sheet for each "No" recorded in those 10 columns. Rather than inserting the entire row, I only want the identifier (column a) and column heading (b1:k1) containing that value.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/excel-macro-to-add-rows-by-column-heading-containing-a-value/20570.html
Relevancy 84.28%

In reference to a question I had asked previously.http://www.computing.net/answers/of...If I have a sheet that contains less than 10 rows and want to get 10% of that, how can I ensure that my results will return at least one record at a minimum. I ask because right now, I have some sheets that only contain 4 rows and when I query 10% of it, I don't get any records because I assume it takes 4 * .01 and comes up with .4 and rounds down to 0 records being pulled.message edited by JasonB

A:Excel Macro Random Rows Results

Here are 2 options:This option will ensure that any number of rows less than 10 returns 1 row:'Get 10% of that number, ensure at least 1 row
percRows = numRows * 0.1
If percRows < 1 Then percRows = 1This option will Round Up all values to the next highest integer. e.g. 4 rows will return 1, 44 rows will return 5:'Get 10% of that number, Round Up result to next integer
percRows = Application.WorksheetFunction.RoundUp(numRows * 0.1, 0)Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/excel-macro-random-rows-results/19929.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a spreadsheet full of daily sales info listed by item. Each row has an item #, transaction ID, and gross sale amount. I would like to create a macro that will total all the sales with the same transaction ID in a separate column. Using Excel 15 on a Mac but can switch to PC if necessary, any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.Dealing with a really clunky POS that does not export to excel directly so am working around, I can't get the source report sorted by transaction. message edited by jefro88

A:Need a macro in Excel to total rows if their unique ID is th

I'm not sure that you need a macro. I can't see your spreadsheet from where I am sitting, but have you considered this method?1 - Use the Advanced Filter feature to create a list of unique transaction ID's2 - In the next column, use the SUMIF function to total all sales for each unique ID.If that won't work, you'll need to explain why by supplying more detail regarding the layout of your sheet. If a macro is needed, then we are going to need the layout detail anyway.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/need-a-macro-in-excel-to-total-rows-if-their-unique-id-is-th/20331.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi All,

I have a spreadsheet containing 30 address blocks that I'm trying to clean up. A sample is attached.

All of the data is in column A. Each address block is 6 rows, like this:

Name
Company Name
Street Address
City/State/Zip
Phone number
Email Address

Between each 6 row block is a varying number of additional rows that might or might not contain extraneous information. I want to remove those extra rows leaving only the address blocks.

I'm thinking about counting the "x" number of rows between email address "@" symbols, and then just deleting X-6 rows. But I'm not sure how to accomplish this.

Any ideas how this might be accomplished, or any better suggestions to accomplish the goal?

A:Solved: Excel macro/vba to delete rows

"might or might not contain extraneous information"

For Each Cell In Range("A1", Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
If InStr(Cell, "@") <> 0 Then
Cells(Cell.Row - 5, 1).Resize(6, 1).Copy Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
End If
Next Cell

If those are real names and addresses, you should remove your file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-vba-to-delete-rows.769443/
Relevancy 84.28%

I am building an excel model and want to link a macro to the "calculate" button based on the above check boxes. If the boxes are selected, the relevant graphs would need to unhide and show and then hide as the boxes are deselected again.

I've attached a screen shot of what I'm working on.

I would appreciate any help possible on how to write the code for this macro.

Many thanks

A:Excel 07 - Macro to hide/unhide rows

Welcome to the board.

Screenshots saved as bitmaps are huge. Convert them to (e.g.) jpgs, then you can upload without zipping.

Re this part of your post specifically:

Macro to hide/unhide rows

, one "basic" answer is:

Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
If CheckBox1 = True Then
Rows("11:20").EntireRow.Hidden = False
Else
Rows("11:20").EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
End Sub

Do you actually have ten charts, or is it far more in reality?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-07-macro-to-hide-unhide-rows.768085/
Relevancy 83.85%

I was given a challenge and not sure even how to start on it In Excel I have one workbook that has multiple worksheets within it another. sheet macro moves a Create time data to from that one Worksheet one called Palletizing Downtime is Create a time macro that moves data from one sheet to another. linked and feeds data from some of our equipment which populates two columns called Minutes and Times down under each shift per line example attachment This is a daily feed over and repopulates itself every day per shift What they want to happen is to have the data that is populated daily by our equipment on spreadsheet Palletizing Downtime pull over and populate into another worksheet at the end of each shift daily at a specific time so that the data is never lost First shift I need it to move over and save at pm daily shift is am daily and shift is am daily This data would be saved to the spreadsheet called A Line example attachment Can this be done Create a time macro that moves data from one sheet to another. I did try and write a macro on just one one cell with a time macro but it does not seem to work You can see that on my attachment I would appreciate any help anyone could provide nbsp

A:Create a time macro that moves data from one sheet to another.

Sounds like you have the macros you need to populate what you need. I am thinking maybe use the Task Scheduler to open the workbook at your specific times and run your macros On Workbook Open. Basically, people who use it, should not be opening the workbook around those times, and a few simple If statements to Exit Sub if current time is between 8 AM and 4 PM or 4PM and 12 AM or 12 AM and 8 AM. These would stop the execution of the Macro to Update for those times when you need to look at it and gather the info.Many issues can be encountered if a time macro is running all the time to see what time it is and most would totally prevent what you need accomplished IMHO.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/create-a-time-macro-that-moves-data-from-one-sheet-to-another.1066494/
Relevancy 83.85%

I have an excel another from based one to on sheet Macro copy data match to file that has Macro to copy data from one sheet to another based on match a sheet with pipeline information on loans sheet name is Pipeline there is a unique identifier on column D loan number in that sheet In that same excel file but a different sheet called Projections that same unique identifier loan number is on column D there are other columns with data that I would like to copy over to the Pipeline sheet from the Projections sheet based on the loan number match I would like the macro to match the loan on column D range is D D from Pipeline sheet to column D in Projection sheet same range and if found I would like to copy the contents of columns I J K and L from the Projections sheet to the same columns in the Pipeline sheet for each loan number that matches I honestly don't know where to start I usually use the macro recorder and tweak from there but the macro recorder doesn't really help you create the logic can anyone help me

A:Macro to copy data from one sheet to another based on match

Why don't you just use VLOOKUP?The basic formula for Pipeline!I2 would be as follows. Drag this down as far as required.=VLOOKUP($D2,Projections!$D$2:$L$600,6,0)For Pipeline!J2 use =VLOOKUP($D2,Projections!$D$3:$L$600,7,0)To expand on this a bit, you could put this in Pipeline!I2 and drag it both down and across to Column L.=VLOOKUP($D2,Projections!$D$2:$L$600,COLUMN()-3,0)Finally, to eliminate the #N/A error that will occur if a value isn't found on the Projections sheet, put this in Pipeline!I2 and drag it down and across.=IFNA(VLOOKUP($D2,Projections!$D$2:$L$600,COLUMN()-3,0),"Not Found")Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.message edited by DerbyDad03

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/macro-to-copy-data-from-one-sheet-to-another-based-on-match/20465.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi there I'm just messing around a bit with Visual Basic - I just want to use EXCEL mainly and a couple of really simple Windows stuff I can't be bothered with C or NET -- I'm not nor intend to be a professional programmer -- but would like to have Basic use Visual or Studio 6 for EXCEL Visual a go with some small applications and get to grips with the Basic in EXCEL I've got the old Ms Visual Basic disks -- is it worth while messing about with these on W Visual Basic 6 or Visual Studio for EXCEL use Ms believe it or not is going to support the platform through W releases or should I just Visual Basic 6 or Visual Studio for EXCEL use bite the bullet and download Visual Studio Visual Basic 6 or Visual Studio for EXCEL use express which seems a bit overkill also for what I'm really trying to do As I'm running a bit version of Office it would seem that most of the VB stuff could run quite simply in EXCEL bit even though my OS is x- --or I could even run it in an XP VM Any suggestions as to which is the better way to go -- I just want this for casual use -- not as a professional Cheers jimbo

A:Visual Basic 6 or Visual Studio for EXCEL use

Doesn't Office 2010 still support VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)? I think that is what you mean by Basic in Excel?

As far as supporting VB6 in Win 8, VB6 apps do run in Windows (32 bit), though we've had issues at work with some 3rd party components. I'm pretty sure 64 bit is out for VB6! I couldn't get any VB6 executables to run on my Windows 7-64 box, though they will run just fine in an XP VM.

I think your options are VBA in Excel if you want to stick with classic VB...

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/29280-visual-basic-6-visual-studio-excel-use.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi all,

I have a requirement. Consider there is an excel sheet with values in several columns. Some of the columns inbetween are empty. So i have to somehow highlight the empty columns.
Note: All the columns have headings in the first row.
It is ok even to get the headings of the empty columns in seperate sheet.
Help me out guys.

Thanks in Advance,
Sughesh.

A:How to find Empty columns in Excel using Macro

will conditional format workto highlight blank cells if so

goto conditional format- click on cell A1 and then hightlight the range - if you want all the spreadsheet - click on the box between the columns and rows
then in conditional format
type

=A1=""
then set a format fill colour

heres a macro to remvoe blank columns
http://www.mrexcel.com/archive/VBA/11225.html
but may not work if you have a heading - as thats not a blank column

if you could load a dummy spreadsheet as an example- others here with more macro experience should be able to help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-find-empty-columns-in-excel-using-macro.1062624/
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a dump from a text file in two single columns. The first column is a block of 55 labels that repeat for every group of data, the second is the data for 110 transducers. Every transducer produce 55 single values (numerical or status(text)). I need to order this two columns dumps into a table. Where the first column are the labels and the rest 110 column the corresponding data one column per transducer.
How can we do this? Can any body help me?

A:Excel macro to move two Columns into a table

Hi and welcome to TSG!

Can you upload a sample of the textfile? I just need a few lines. It doesn't have to be real data. Just want to see the data structure.If you can provide this, I'm sure we will solve the problem.

Jimmy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-to-move-two-columns-into-a-table.952078/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi I'm trying to write a macro with below codings Facing some difficulties please help me to proceed further Requirement Need to allow the user to edit objects format cells in a protected cell All cells Did the changes in Review protect sheet Allow all users of this work sheet to Format cells Edit objects Objective of this macro is Multiple users will make start A column end time B column Not let the user to make any changes in A B column Both are protected Its working fine in the first instance Once i click start end time changes in Review protect sheet Allow all users of this work sheet to Format cells Edit objects going back to same position that users can not make any modifications Sub Button Click If Not Intersect ActiveCell Range A B Is Nothing Then ActiveSheet Unprotect Password XXX ActiveCell FormulaR C Now ActiveSheet Protect Password XXX Else MsgBox This is not the correct cell End IfEnd Sub

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-write-macro-for-protected-excel-sheet/20633.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi I'm trying to write a macro with below codings Facing some difficulties please help me to proceed further Requirement Need to allow the user to edit objects format cells in macro protected write for to excel sheet? How a protected cell All cells Did the changes in Review protect sheet Allow all users of this work sheet to Format cells Edit objects Objective of this How to write macro for protected excel sheet? macro is Multiple users will make start A column end How to write macro for protected excel sheet? time B column Not let the user to make any changes in A B column Both are protected Its working fine in the first instance Once i click start end time changes in Review protect sheet Allow all users of this work sheet to Format cells Edit objects going back to same position that users can not make any modifications Sub Button Click If Not Intersect ActiveCell Range A B Is Nothing Then ActiveSheet Unprotect Password XXX ActiveCell FormulaR C Now ActiveSheet Protect Password XXX Else MsgBox This is not the correct cell End IfEnd Sub

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/how-to-write-macro-for-protected-excel-sheet/19682.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I ll try to be as descriptive as possible Current Status I have an excel file with two sheets sheet and sheet Column quot A quot will have lots of data Some rows in column quot A quot or the first cell for that row will have the word quot Directory quot Intent I need to search sheet Simple Another one to Excel from to Copy Macro Row Sheet only in column quot A quot for the row that contains the word quot Directory quot and copy that whole row onto sheet in the same row Continue doing that until it completes through all of the rows Example Data Before sheet Row Column A Column B Column C blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Directory cool text huh blah blah blah blah blah blah sheet Row Column A Row Column A Column B Column C blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Action Column quot A quot find quot Directory quot Copy Row to sheet Simple Excel Macro to Copy Row from one Sheet to Another After sheet Row Column A blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Directory cool text huh blah blah blah blah blah blah nbsp

A:Simple Excel Macro to Copy Row from one Sheet to Another

"copy that whole row onto sheet1 in the same row"

Do you mean like this?

(make sure what you already have is "safe" before you try, obviously)

Sub test()
If ActiveSheet.Name <> "Sheet2" Then Exit Sub
LastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For Each Cell In Range("A1:A" & LastRow)
If InStr("Directory", Cell.Value) <> 0 Then
x = Cell.Row
Rows(x).Copy
Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(x, 1).Insert Shift:=xlDown
End If
Next Cell
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simple-excel-macro-to-copy-row-from-one-sheet-to-another.852112/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,I have a same situation in the sheet1 contain the list of Block name (total 341), and in the second sheet the addresses (total over 10000), is it possible to mark red each cell in block sheet that occurs in address sheet. but the block name should be exactly match with the word in the address.for example block name: "Chanditala"in address : 116,Chanditala,Kolkata Pin:700053 need to highlight RED if block sheet if it is present in the address(exact)

A:excel macro: how to find word one sheet to another

Like I said, a simple macro does the trick:
Sub RedBlock()
'Loop through Sheet1 A2:A341
For Each b_cell In Sheets(1).Range("A2:A341")
'Search Sheet2 A2:A1000 for Block
With Sheets(2).Range("A2:A10000")
Set b = .Find(b_cell, lookat:=xlPart)
'If Block is found, color Sheet1 cell Red
If Not b Is Nothing Then
Sheets(1).Range(b_cell.Address).Interior.ColorIndex = 3
End If
End With
Next
End Sub
The only issue would be if the address cell contains words like "Chanditalao" or "kChanditala". Since those words contain "Chanditala", they would be considered a match. There is an easy fix for that, but I didn't include it just to keep the code simple. If that fix is required, replace this instruction:Set b = .Find(b_cell, lookat:=xlPart)with this:Set b = .Find("," & b_cell & ",", lookat:=xlPart)That instruction ensures that the search string (the Block) contains a leading and trailing comma, just like in your address string example.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.message edited by DerbyDad03

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/excel-macro-how-to-find-word-one-sheet-to-another/19758.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a workbook with about 80 sheets in it. I need to give 80 people access to their respective worksheet without them being able to view the other data. I was thinking of creating an opening page that checks for a username and password and then redirects that users to his/her and only his/her worksheet. I need to update the data in the workbook on a monthly basis and all kind of formulas need to be performed so there is not much other way than doing this in Excel.
can I write something in Visual Basic that allows me to create this? I already found an article on UserForms on the Microsoft Support site that will get me started I guess, but then I still need all the underlying codes?
I need this for work so my time on research and creation is rather limited
thanks a zillion in advance!!!!

Relevancy 83.42%

Hi, I need a macro that will insert rows based on if cells in rows contain data and copy them over to newly created rows. So, if rows B:D have values then I need rows inserted below based on how many are occupied and the data from C:D copied in the newly inserted rows in B (kind of Transposing the value).Screencast (http://screencast.com/t/NTLcqKU1UO3) needs to be become screencast (http://screencast.com/t/gdOkhrgIei4Z)I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks

A:Macro To Insert Rows If Cells Are Occupied And Copy Data

B:D are Columns, not Rows, therefore I'm not really sure what you are trying to do.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.message edited by DerbyDad03

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/macro-to-insert-rows-if-cells-are-occupied-and-copy-data/20544.html