Windows Support Forum

How to create every month collector on 1st of month

Q: How to create every month collector on 1st of month

I am a i nsurace agent, i have to collect the premium with my client every month. Every time need to check 1 by 1 is tired.
i also find many tutorial but still not understanding the step. if any can help just to help. can be the due date client put in a notice boxes?

Here is my file:

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to create every month collector on 1st of month

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 25.8%

I have my house wired for separate gigabit Ethernet networks I want to create one network let s call it quot A quot that everyone can get at for backups AV files etc That network would have specific physically separate hard drives in the Win server I want to then create a second network let s call it quot B quot that is only for SOHO stuff It too would have physically separate drives in the server Can I do that Also do I 7 Create 2 NIC Networks? - Dual Can Machine Win Diff. I need anything special with the dual NIC arrangement I can use a Dual NIC Win 7 Machine - Can I Create 2 Diff. Networks? x dual NIC or get a board with dual NIC s And of course I have different gigabit switches as well I am guessing one network would need to be X and the other X which is fine The main thing I want to do is make sure that the hard drives assigned to network A can t be read or altered by network B and vice-versa As a matter of fact I don t want A drives shares visible on the B network or vice versa What do I need to do in terms of IP range static or DHCP subnets drive assigning etc I ve never tried something like this before I don t want to do something like give drive shares different passwords because all that does is create quot forbidden fruit quot and such If Dual NIC Win 7 Machine - Can I Create 2 Diff. Networks? the drives are never seen they are never wondered about Thanks for any thoughts nbsp

A:Dual NIC Win 7 Machine - Can I Create 2 Diff. Networks?

Yes, it's doable. The layout (wiring) can be two variation:

Code:

(A)
modem == router----pc----NAS/hd's
|
+------- other devices

(B)
modem == router1---- pc
|
+---- router2 --- other devices

Whether wired or wifi connected, the controls are similar - - which layout to you favor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-nic-win-7-machine-can-i-create-2-diff-networks.209011/
Relevancy 25.8%

I recently built this computer see other a thread on building a PC using Windows on a ssd drive and I used my sata drives for storage audio video The other drives folders using Can't 7 storage create Windows on drives are from my old system and they were set up for RAID I re-formatted the drives but now they automatically create a system info folder and a recycle bin folder I don t know why but Can't create folders on storage drives using Windows 7 I can t create a folder on these drives They are patitioned NTFS Does this have something to do with the RAID configuration from my old system I need to create folders to manage my projects but it will not allow it Also I installed Norton on the system I am using the internet for downloading programs I need once everything is going smooth I will no longer access the web with this PC The Norton has an error on it and when I try to fix it it gets stuck on trying to optimize the storage disk E My SSD is drive C with a partition D for B U the next drive is E Does anyone know what I am doing wrong Thanks to anyone who can speak to this problem nbsp

A:Can't create folders on storage drives using Windows 7

Which RAID Configuration are you in? I think you may have have it set up incorrectly. Depending on what RAID you are using will depend on how your drives can be used. Let us know what RAID you are running which you should be able to find this in your RAID control panel when you boot into it. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-create-folders-on-storage-drives-using-windows-7.200888/
Relevancy 69.23%

I m sorry if this is in the wrong 3 laptop on Many with issues month place - I d really really appreciate some help though I have a month old Toshiba Satellite A couple of weeks ago after Many issues with 3 month on laptop a Windows Update it went a bit wonky saying there were corrupt files I ran sfc scannow it found some things but couldn t fix them I did chkdsk and sfc a couple more times after which it said all was okay but the Windows Update Troubleshooter thing still said there were corrupt files and I was getting the odd error Many issues with 3 month on laptop and a few warnings in event viewer Sick of fiddling with the thing I did system refresh - after which all seemed okay for a few days during which I chose to not look at event viewer - partly cause I was getting too stressed with it and partly in the hopes that after the refresh then having to install about updates I d give it some time Many issues with 3 month on laptop to calm down or something Yesterday - I noticed everything was running rather slow so I rebooted the machine then everything was running extremely slowly I checked task manager and it said disk use and RAM use although nothing was running save a webpage and task manager I was advised that the Skype app which came pre-installed on the machine has never had issues before and I have used all of once was causing some problems so I uninstalled that I ran Avast anti virus scan nothing found I tried to run sfc scan but it said quot another servicing or repair operation is currently running Wait for this to finish then run sfc again quot Not a clue what that might have been I tried a few times wouldn t run At this point I gave in for the night Today I have ran sfc scan - nothing found Usage for disk RAM and CPU are still high although varying a lot Disk was even down at for a while earlier I notice that Google Chrome is in the Task Manager times I don t think this is normal I have one window open only One of the listings is for the Chrome app which I am not using Avast is in there twice once with the logo and once without I don t know if that means anything About times so far today my cursor has frozen for a few seconds There are a few errors and warnings in event viewer I have a copy of this on skydrive and can put a link on here if anyone wants to see it In brief the warnings are ESENT which viewer says is likely due to hardware problem yay ESENT again says probably hardware Kernel-PnP x DNS Client Events The errors are Service Control Manager terminated unexpectedly Application Error TrustedInstaller exe x Application Hang for wwahost exe and LiveComm exe x DistributedCOM x Apps Those are all the ones since yesterday morning Sorry if that s too much info or not enough I d be very grateful for any help - a new laptop shouldn t be this much hassle I phoned the Toshiba number as it s under warranty only for the guy to tell me he would have advised me to do anti virus scan sfc scan then check task manager - all of which I d already done and if I wanted more in-depth advice I could sign up for extended warranty for a one-off easy payment of just Swines Thank you very very much in advance I can t tell you how grateful I will be if this can get sorted If restore to factory settings thing will magically fix everything then just give me the word and I ll do it I have backed up my files and any apps or programmes installed I don t care enough about to warrant putting up with these issues Though the OS came preinstalled on the laptop so I don t have it on disc don t know if I might need it if I do a reset The OS is Windows nbsp

A:Many issues with 3 month on laptop

I would suggest that you restore the laptop to it's "like new" settings and re-apply all the Windows updates

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-issues-with-3-month-on-laptop.199993/
Relevancy 25.37%

Help please?

I have recently moved to a rented property and have had fibre broadband installed. The hub is next to the modem which had to be placed at the main telecom entry point to the house. This means that the hub and modem are in the sitting room. I want to have my printer upstairs but do not wish to run a cable all the way from the hub to the printer. I do have a couple of old wireless hubs - a Belkin and a 2-Wire. Would it be possible to put one of these upstairs hardwired to the printer and configure one of these to pick up the wireless signal from the new hub? Or am I mad??

A:Using a router to create connection from a wireless network to a wired printer

Hey winkent. I see a need for more info.

Is your "modem" a combo modem/router, and if so, is it a wireless model?
How many pc's are being used and how do they connect, wired or wirelessly?
Is this printer a network printer (has an Ethernet jack)?
Are these hubs or are they switches?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-a-router-to-create-connection-from-a-wireless-network-to-a-wired-printer.192877/
Relevancy 26.66%

Anybody here where can I watch how to create a system ? I want to learn to create a system .. can u help me.. thanks

A:How to create a system?

Probably the best PC building tutorial around. Make sure you watch all 3 parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-create-a-system.188978/
Relevancy 25.37%

Win XP defragger is having a hard time defragging external USB 2TB drive because of the back up .iso image files on it. What do you think about the cause of this problem and possible solutions? Diskeeper?

A:Should I create a separate drive partition just for .iso files or do I just need a better defragger?

CORRECTION!

I just realized the actual file type causing this issue is .mrimg , a back up image file created by Macrium Reflect. Some of the big .iso files I have seem to stress the defragger, but at least they're not completely crashing XP and the drive. I end up having to unplug the drive to get XP responding again, even to reboot. I'm pretty convinced it's the .mrinmg file. Not sure if I should create a separate partition just for them, or get a better defragger.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-create-a-separate-drive-partition-just-for-iso-files-or-do-i-just-need-a-better-defragger.185691/
Relevancy 25.8%

[resolved] Toshiba laptops plays DVDs but can't create them

Bizarre; I can r/w CDs and play DVDs but can not create a DVD.

Toshiba Laptop with Win/XP Pro and a combo DVD/CD HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N No upper or lower filters are on the device registry entry

XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip was applied anyway.
aspi_471a2 was installed and provided
aspi32.sys & winaspi.dll

NTSC Pan & Scan.zip was loaded to provided sample *.VOB files for testing

Instacodecs.exe was loaded to get a flock of CODECs (just in case)​
Tools and symptoms: Photo DVD Maker always complains: Device Not Found
Express Burn: wants to ONLY create *.iso & will not access the DVD
ImgBurn: Finds the Device
insert media
add a video (aka *.mp4)
Calc size = 1.24 mb, free= 684mb
and the lower window status reads
Device Not Ready (No Reference Position Found)​

A:Toshiba laptops plays DVDs but can't create them

Just for laughs you should beg or borrow a USB DVD burner and see what happens with that.

I think there are separate read / burn lasers for DVD, but I'm not certain.

In any event, swapping out the drive would vector your search for the problem.

By the way, (IMHO & experience), Toshiba drives suck, and do crazy s*** like this. At least the two I've had certainly did. (2 TSST 162's in Emachines desktop. 1st desktop went back, bad drive, 2nd drive replaced by a Pioneer DVR 111).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptops-plays-dvds-but-cant-create-them.165481/
Relevancy 68.37%

hello i have a new acer aspire 5552 laptop computer that keeps crashing. despite the fact that i have paretologic pc health advisor installed on it. i keep scanning and fixing but it doesn't seem to work out. Please can some one help me PLZZZZ B4 I BRAKE MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:One month old Acer computer keeps crashing

If it's only a month old and continually crashes, I would be taking it back under warranty, get a replacement. But, does it crash as soon as you are into Windows desktop, or when you open a certain program, or when you try to get on the net?
Does it do the same thing every time, or does it run well sometimes? You can't go checking inside for faulty parts, or your warranty will be void. Tricky.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-month-old-acer-computer-keeps-crashing.158065/
Relevancy 25.37%

Could somebody help me with a quick batch program to remove, network addresses, gateway, broadcast, etc.? Also include cookies, browser history and that sort of thing but really I want the network code if you could help out with that.

I know I could just use ccleaner but this is something that will be constantly worked on until all the functions I want will be in this one batch file instead of possibly running a couple programs.

Used these two but need to know from the experts!!

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns

Also when the the wireless card is pulled from the pcmcia slot, like to know what wipes any trace of the hard coded ip, mac ip.

A:Create a batch file to remove network activity

any help putting this code together for me. windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-a-batch-file-to-remove-network-activity.154433/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello friends
i have 10 pc,s all the pc,s have desktop application.now i want to Connect all the pc,s through LAN.
i want 1 computer in which server is created.is this possible that when user is doing work on other 9 computers all the data is store in server conputer.
Can anyone help
I am new in this field.

A:Create a network

16-port network switch
4-port wireless router

Do you have the above?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-a-network.153032/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a Linksys WR54GS router as my main router attached to the internet. I run a Bed & Breakfast and I give my guests free access to the internet via WiFi. My problem is, I also use that network for my business and personal computers and I am afraid that a tech savvy guest could hack into my files. I thought that if I connect a second WiFi router, I could set up a second network which my guests could use to access the web thru my main router.

Does anyone have a clue if this is possible?

A:I want to connect 2 Wi-Fi routers to create 2 separate networks

It mostly depends on the company that is your internet provider... With their sayso, you can do it easily... just be sure the channels are widely different, and that you can control them through your client setups so the customer understands what and where.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-connect-2-wi-fi-routers-to-create-2-separate-networks.152424/
Relevancy 25.8%

I know this has been all over the boards, but I cannot find a solution, I know there has to be one.

I have installed Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 for my son on my gaming machine (quad core 3.0 w/ 4gb Ram. I am running DX11 with an ATI 4850 (Windows 7). I have installed all the latest drivers (so that is not the problem) I have tried to force dx9 at startup (didn?t work), I have tried editing the option.txt (didn?t seem to work). I am not the most tech savvy guy, but this problem should not be happening. I way exceed all the hardware requirements for this software. This problem has been reported on this software before; by others?they seem to be having trouble with an old video card or bad drivers. Atari doesn?t seem to be monitoring their help forum?..Any ideas?

A:Failed to create direct3d divice

This game was designed for older operating systems before Windows 7 was released. Install the game patch and change the compatibility mode to Windows XP and see if it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-create-direct3d-divice.148173/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello,

I am trying to create a drive somewhere on the web, that I can access it anywhere in the world using my laptop. Just like any additional computer hard drive, but on a web.

Thanks

A:How to create a webdrive that I can access from anywhere

Wow. Tell us more about how you envision this working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-create-a-webdrive-that-i-can-access-from-anywhere.134528/
Relevancy 25.8%

I want to transfer big files from my laptop to my pc, I'm not sure how to, i use to do networking via using XP but Vista is totally different from what I have tried, which I couldn't do. I tried to connect but my PC internet connection then disconnects for some reason, I tried to map drive but that didnt work, created files and changed to viewing public but doesnt work (if the computer both have same name would it effect sharing?) Anyone know how to do it? I have a Ethernet switch going between the 2 computers to share internet connection from my broadband modem, both use the ethernet cable. Anyway its both running on Vista 32 bit.

Much appreciated if anybody could help me out

A:How to create a network connection with my PC and laptop?

Have you tried the free FileZilla? or other FTP (File Transfer Protocol). They work pretty well, and can be setup on a USB cable if there are just two machines.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-create-a-network-connection-with-my-pc-and-laptop.132265/
Relevancy 26.23%

I recently setup a network at home for 7 computers between me and my brothers. I've been given the task to setup a server. My questions are?

Would it be easier/better to just setup an old pc to be accessible by the whole network to hold files, or do something different?

I've been reading about NAS setups. Are they worth the money being as though this is just for simple mp3 and various movie format storage.

Comparing redundancy and speed, which one is better for a pc, raid 1+0 or raid 5?

Thx for the help

A:Trying to create a home server. 5 tb

Thanks rick, your response was very clear and helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-create-a-home-server-5-tb.130854/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am trying to management partition new windows Can't disk with create create an approximately gb partition for and OS instalation on my gigabyte media drive When Can't create new partition with windows disk management I go to Disk Management and try to shrink the volume it just sits there with the busy mouse symbol I ve left it for about minutes with no change and I ve tried this Can't create new partition with windows disk management twice After I close out computer management and I reopen it Disk Management will not find my disks until I reboot the computer It just says quot Connecting to Virtual Disk Service quot I ve also tried making a partition on my gigabyte hard drive but it will only let me make a megabyte partition even though there are gigabytes free on it The drive has free I ve made a partition on the media drive before though it didn t have as much stuff on it then but I removed that partition Is there another free partitioning tool I could use that won t erase that data on the drive Or is there some way to fix the problem Thanks TC nbsp

A:Can't create new partition with windows disk management

hi Techno.
I have had great results with partition majic http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/Partition-Magic.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-create-new-partition-with-windows-disk-management.129140/
Relevancy 25.8%

When I try to listen to radio audio broadcasts I get the box saying "cannot create direct show player" What can I do? Does this have something to do with directx system? How can I fix this to listen to radio streaming on the internet? Thanks for any suggestions. :knock: :knock:

A:cannot create direct show player

depends on file format

What is it you are trying to listen to? Url?
It depends on the file format the streaming audio is being broadcast in.
Real player, Media player, winamp and others can hi jack the
format comming in.
Make sure you have the right player installed and configured. :giddy:
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-create-direct-show-player.25349/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a 3 month old 9500 GT that started just this past Monday giving me fuzzy windows on one of my dual monitors. It seems to only give the fuzzy screen on whatever window I have the extended desktop on. The fuzzy screen only happens when the video card is on its highest setting of (1680 x1050) for both screens, however, if I change the extended desktop setting to a smaller resolution the problem goes away. I have updated the drivers to NVIDIA's latest driver but it didn't fix the problem. I am using VGA cables which shouldn't be a problem since it worked for three months. I checked the cables and the monitors on different machines and they all work fine. Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks.

Machine Specs:
Vista Home Prem. 32 bit
AMD Triple core 8400 2.1 GHZ
3 Gigs RAM DDR667

A:3 month old 9500 GT displays fuzzy windows

Is your Vista upgraded to Service Pack 1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-month-old-9500-gt-displays-fuzzy-windows.124302/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi all Weird problem that s driving me insane - If I put an external USB drive I ve tried a gb quot gb brand new USB key gb friend s USB key to Able folders USB drives not but files create on into my Dell D XP laptop I am unable to do any update activity on files So the following doesn t work right click select New - gt Able to create folders but not files on USB drives Text Document renaming a file touch a file using Cygwin copying a file from the internal drive to the USB drive If I try I get Unable to create file blahblah Access is denied Copying a file to the USB key gives me quot Cannot copy blah blah Access is Denied Make sure the disk is not full or write protected quot and that the file is not currently in use I ve tried all sorts of files and I get the same error But these will work leading me to believe it s not a write-protect problem Right click select New - gt Folder rename folders even if they contain Able to create folders but not files on USB drives files mkdir a folder from Cygwin All the things in the list about the doesn t-work list on another Windows laptop Can anyone think of where I can start looking to see where the problem is coming from Thanks in advance Michael nbsp

A:Able to create folders but not files on USB drives

What are your computers specs and Operating System?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/able-to-create-folders-but-not-files-on-usb-drives.124138/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all Summary Am having a custom-built PC that worked just great for the last months Then I started getting random issues BSODs mouse-keyboard freeze computer fails to shut-dowm after OS shutting down For the system freezes, Random six-month old BSODs, past Random BSODs, freezes, six-month old system two weeks now the issues are getting more and more frequent No significant changes were made to the hardware or software Have run UltimateBootCD scans removed almost all hardware except bare bones CPU Mobo Random BSODs, freezes, six-month old system nVidia graphcis card memory PS keyboard and mouse and power supply plus fresh install of Vista SP bit WinXP Pro with without any third-party drivers Once a freeze happens it is a lot faster to happen again even after a fresh reboot Freeze happens with bootable CD programs also that s why I did not list HDD and DVD drive into the bare bones list above -- if I have one of the two Random BSODs, freezes, six-month old system I can start the system and issues happen Here s the current configuration see more freezes here than BSODs Intel Core Quad Q GHz Abit Fatal ty FP-IN motherboard No overclocking GB RAM passes UltimateBootCD tests EVGA GT PCI-x graphics card Antec EarthWatts W power supply Plain old PS keyboard and mouse USB mouse also has same results Vista SP -bit with and without latest updates Also tested WinXP SP Pro same issues Also bootable CDs result in the same issues Prior original configuration more BSODs than freezes GB RAM passes UltimateBootCD tests Windows Mem diags tests Two SATA GB s GB Seagate hard-drives pass all scans Windows BootCD One SATA Samsung DVD-RW One Sony PATA DVD-RW Curiously if I enable boot-up memory tests in Bios it fails for GB and keeps on rebooting Yet with bios RAM tests disabled Windows Mem diags and UltimateBootCDs all pass after - hours running Installed SpeedFan on otherwise fresh OS install Let it track and show temperature and voltage charts all the way till freeze happens There is no jump seen in either temperatures or voltages This is NOT tracking nVidia card temperature though which does get hot but not enough to prevent me from touching for several seconds Some folks suggest Power supply may be bad Also nVidia cards have over-heating issue per the news all over the place a few months back Abit motherboard company seems to be gone Everything except keyboard mouse and Sony DVD-RW is new and under warranty Just that I do not know quot what quot is bad Bought Asus P Q SE mobo to see if that helps But a google search before opening the box said that folks have similar problems with that Mobo too Please help nbsp

A:Random BSODs, freezes, six-month old system

Found some place online to try disabling EIST and C1E CPU settings in bios. Did that, problems still exist.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsods-freezes-six-month-old-system.117245/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello TS!

I need to distribute networked printers to users when they logon. I have been trying to understand how the GPO works with deploying printers but I have only found myself to be more confused.

I have a network with over 150 workstations and multiple networked printers. Is Group Policy the best way to distribute the printers or is it possible to connect to them via logon script?

thanks
maX

A:Create a batch file that installs a printer at logon

Have you had any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-a-batch-file-that-installs-a-printer-at-logon.114116/
Relevancy 69.23%

recently i've been running a cs server and i guess it took up alot of bandwidth..

just a week ago when i opened up my webbrowswer this little rogers thing pop out on the top of the webbrowser saying i've reached 75% of my bandwidth

now i just wanna know if i went over yet or exactly how much more cause its been a week and i need to know if i'm at 90% yet or w.e so i don't get charged

and also, i'm a youtuber and i was wondering if it takes up alot of bandwidth?

A:How do I check how much bandwidth I used this month?

so could you check or i'd have to call my isp O_O

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-check-how-much-bandwidth-i-used-this-month.112937/
Relevancy 26.23%

HI all,

I have windows XP Pro. SP2 installed on my PC which has a Celeron D processor (3.0 Ghz, Mercury board with VIA chipset. I have 2 ATA HDDs, one is of 80 GB, second one is of 40 GB. I need complete redundency of my data. How can I create RAID? Also What are the basic needs to create the RAID? Please help me with the step by step procedure as I have never created RAID before.

A:How to create raid in Windows XP?

vinod_dhaka1982 said:

I have 2 ATA HDDs, one is of 80 GB, second one is of 40 GB. I need complete redundency of my data. How can I create RAID? Also What are the basic needs to create the RAID? Please help me with the step by step procedure as I have never created RAID before.Click to expand...

Raid comes in multiple 'flavors'; raid-0, raid-1, raid-10, raid-5 are a few.

I suggest you see this overview of raid to understand the issues;
http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/perf/raid/levels/singleLevel1-c.html

Redundancy: That is a Raid-1, Raid-10, or Raid-5 solution.
With the mismatch sizes, you will get a storage space equal to the smallest hd.

The BIG ISSUE for you is you already have data on the HD's. Making the change
to Raid-X will wipeout your data just like a format would, so you need to

offload ALL the user files,
create the Raid with the raid tools or bios setup
reinstall Windows
lastly reload you user data

It is likely that you jumped upon Raid Redundancy as a concept to protect your data without taking backups -- sorry, wrong approach.

Even Raid-1 needs backups!

For most users, we need a good backup process or at least a good File Replication tool.

The concepts are well documented in http://www.smbdataprotection.com/ (albeit a business site, it's still applicable to you)
and the link Replication will show you the simple solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-create-raid-in-windows-xp.111231/
Relevancy 25.8%

Title says it all mostly.
I'm trying to create a UDP port with a range, like 1-500 for example...

But it says its a conflict even if the range is a merely 1-2.
Is that just how routers work, because I remember being able to do it before.

I have changed around the settings of my router a bit, so maybe a setting I made screwed things up...
Help would be appreciated.

A:Unable to Create a Port with a Range

BrawlFan said:

Title says it all mostly.
I'm trying to create a UDP port with a range, like 1-500 for example...

But it says its a conflict even if the range is a merely 1-2.
Is that just how routers work, because I remember being able to do it before.

I have changed around the settings of my router a bit, so maybe a setting I made screwed things up...
Help would be appreciated.Click to expand...

No ideas?
Not sure if I can make it any clearer, ah well thanks for at least reading it. >_>

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-create-a-port-with-a-range.108685/
Relevancy 70.09%

http secure newegg com WishList PublicWishDetail aspx WishListNumber amp WishListTitle my How is my build looking like so far Of course i still have only the case and some of to in or first my pc build month Going a two... those parts I ve found at other places then newegg I have in amazon monies saved up too would be nice to use it for parts But being a Going to build my first pc in a month or two... deal finder amazon just doesn t do combo Going to build my first pc in a month or two... deals or really has anything cheap for computers This list isn t set in stone either I like the low power consumption of that cpu but am also considering the black addition or similar Was also considering the dual gpu ati video cards as well in case I end up having only one pcie Going to build my first pc in a month or two... slot Looked more towards a board like this so I could still run the system even if I didn t have all the parts yet even has hdmi Though I haven t looked at monitors at all either or desks yet so it won t be on the floor lol Well tell me what you think Thanks - nbsp

A:Going to build my first pc in a month or two...

Looks decent.

* You can get the video card cheaper if you don't need that exact one. The 9600GTs should be able to be found for ~$130 on Newegg.

* That power supply isn't very good. Look at Corsair's 650W single rail one, or any 475W or above from brands like Enermax, Antec, PC Power&Cooling...

* Probably not worth your money for that CPU cooler. Since you are looking at a Retail CPU it will come with a stock heatsink and fan which will probably be about the same performance as that Rosewill one. If you aren't going to overclock you can get by with the stock heatsink and fan just fine. If you are going to overclock you'll want a better one than the Rosewill.

* I've had a case like that (2 actually) with the rear exhaust fan area being really 2 levels (see here) and its more difficult than it should be to put in a fan because you can't actually hold the screw while you are putting it through 2 of the holes. Its not a HUGE deal, and it can be done, its just harder than I'd like. I would suggest considering any of the tool less cases (which really only mean you don't screw in hds and cd drives) they are much better to work with. The price is slightly higher, but I saved you $20 on the HSF, so maybe look at something like this. Shipping on those things is outrageous, but occationally they will do free shipping, so be on the look out for that. Also if you order from Newegg, they don't charge you shipping for each individual part and add them up, they charge for what it costs to ship them all together. So if you are going to order a case without free shipping it will save you some money overall if you order several other parts at the same time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/going-to-build-my-first-pc-in-a-month-or-two.108226/
Relevancy 25.37%

I'm re-installing Vista 32Bit on a 250Gb SATA HDD, and want to make 2 partitions on it.

What I'm curious about is if i create say a 125Gb Partition, is that at the beginning {or outer} part of the drive, or is that in the middle?

I want it to be as quick as possible, so shall I use the partition I created, or the unpartitioned space?

Sorry if it seems pedantic, but the boot time is getting ridiculous {I get 5.4 on the "Vista Experience" thingamy so I should be sweet} and I want to milk every bit of speed out of it, if that word can be used in the same sentence as Vista!

Thanks,
Steve

A:Windows setup, create partition, start or end of drive?

Hi

A partition per se doesnt exist as a physical section, its not like you slice the disk in 2 and say "right all you progs on the inside and all you spare bits on the outside", a program or programs can be split across the entire disk as small chunks with part of the chunk telling the OS where the next bit is located, this is whhy Defrag is used, to take seperated data chunks and move them into a coherant and logical grouping and thus speed up disk reading.

if your boot time is getting slow do the usual things like remove unwanted startup programs and defrag the disk.

Regards
PS i dont know what the vista experience thingy is as I hate fu**in hate VIsta..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-setup-create-partition-start-or-end-of-drive.108381/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have a NVIDIA Geforce FX video card and I have been having create to device 3D Failure some errors when trying to play some games I ran a DXdiag and did the Test D and it failed Any idea what the problem could be Thanks in advance Here Failure to create 3D device is the Dxdiag log Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- - E C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x F Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result All tests were successful D D Test Result Failure at step Creating D Device HRESULT x eb error code D D Test Result Failure at step Creating D Device HRESULT x a D not available D D Test Result Failure at step Creating D Device HRESULT x a D not available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description VIA AC Audio WAVE Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS F amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name viaudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Failure to create 3D device Other Files Driver Provider VIA Technologies Inc Failure to create 3D device HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description VIA AC Audio WAVE Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture Yes Driver Name viaudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xFFF ----------- DirectMusic ----------- DLS Path C WINDOWS system drivers gm dls DLS Version Acceleration n a Ports Microsoft Synthesizer Software Not Kernel Mode Output DLS Internal Default Port VIA MIDI External Port Hardware Kernel Mode Input No DLS External VIA MIDI External Port Hardware Kernel Mode Output No DLS External VIA AC Audio WAVE Software Kernel Mode Output DLS Internal Microsoft MIDI Mapper Emulated Hardware Not Kernel Mode Output No DLS Internal Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth Emulated Hardware Not Kernel Mode Output No DLS Internal VIA MIDI External Port Emulated Hardware Not Kernel Mode Output No DLS External VIA MIDI External Port Emulated Hardware Not Kernel Mode Input No DLS External Registry OK Test Result Not run ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name Mouse Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name Keyboard Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Poll w Interrupt No Registry OK ----------- USB Devices ----------- USB Root Hub Vendor Product ID x x Matching Device ID usb root hub Service usbhub Driver usbhub sys bytes Driver usbd sys bytes - USB Human Interface Device Vendor Product ID x C x Location Dell Premium USB Optical Mouse Matching Device ID usb class amp subclass Service HidUsb Driver hidclass sys bytes Driver hidparse sys bytes Driver hid dll bytes Driver hidusb sys bytes - HID-compliant mouse Vendor Product ID x C x Matching Device ID hid device system mouse Service mouhid Driver mouclass sys bytes Driver mouhid sys bytes ---------------- Gameport Devices ---------------- VIA AC Audio Controller WDM Location PCI bus device function Matching Device ID pci ven amp dev amp subsys f Service VIAudio Driver ksuser dll bytes Driver ksproxy ax bytes Driver ks sys bytes Driver drmk sys bytes Driver portcls sys bytes Driver stream sys bytes Driver wdmaud drv bytes Driver viaudio sys bytes - Standard Game Port Matching Device ID pnpb f Service gameenum Driver gameenum sys bytes ------------ PS Devices ------------ Easy Internet Keyboard Matching Device ID pnp Upper Filters itchfltr Service i prt Driver i prt sys bytes Driver kbdclass sys bytes Driver itchfltr sys bytes Terminal Server Keyboard Driver Ma... Read more

A:Failure to create 3D device

Most likely a bad card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failure-to-create-3d-device.75431/
Relevancy 25.37%

This is video shadows Is not Font, it the graphics monitor. card? my it's but create my first post I think I m in the right place-- I get shadows from any lines of font Font, graphics create shadows but it's not my monitor. Is it the video card? from a graphic or any other item displayed on my monitor screen I changed Font, graphics create shadows but it's not my monitor. Is it the video card? monitors and still get the same thing so it s not Font, graphics create shadows but it's not my monitor. Is it the video card? a bad monitor If I have a line of font I get shadows behind and to either side of it going all the way to each side of the screen If the font is dark and heavy the darkness of the shadow is half the value of the font say a hexadecimal value of E E E Lighter font lighter shadow All shadows are always gray-- even from colored font or a colored graphic I have a year old Sony Vaio PCV-R DS Digital Studio It s received a lot of use The graphics card is NVIDIA RIVA TNT Pro Would this have anything to do with the fact that I ve noticed at about the same time all the above happened that my clock is losing about minutes per week now If this is the graphics card how can I confirm the diagnosis myself And how much is a new one going to cost me Thanks DeValle nbsp

A:Font, graphics create shadows but it's not my monitor. Is it the video card?

Same problem here too

I have the same problem here too. Shadows that stretch acrossed the whole monitor horizontally. I bought a new monitor and hooked it up and it did the same thing, so I know it's not the monitor. I have an NVidia GeForce 2 graphics card and run XP. My computer is a 4 1/2 year old Dell Dimension 4100 with a 19" Dell monitor. (still a great computer!)
My colors went way off for a while - so bright they were fluorescent. I adjusted that as best as I could in the NVidia setting control panel. But the colors are still off when I look at the pictures I have on my computer. This just happened all of a sudden.
I have been doing searches on line for days now trying to find help with this. I don't want to do total hard drive wipe out if I don't have to. And if it's just the graphics card, I can replace that. I have wasted hours and hours trying to figure out what is wrong. I have downloaded drivers, changed settings, and done tons of reading. (my Dell Tech Support has run out for this computer so I'm on my own) I'm hoping you can help.
Thanks a bunch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/font-graphics-create-shadows-but-its-not-my-monitor-is-it-the-video-card.32110/
Relevancy 25.8%

Currently I have XP pro and Vista ultimate x64 installed and im trying to gather up some hard drive space to install Mac OS X. What is the best and easiest way I can make a partition with about 30-40 gigs of storage from my existing two partitions? Thanks in advance for your help.

A:What is the best way to resize,shrink, and create a new partition?

Partition Magic is great for this task;

compress existing partition
shrink it (thus creating free space)
(finalize this much and then reboot)
define new partition
and then format it (HFS+)
(and reboot again)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-best-way-to-resize-shrink-and-create-a-new-partition.104634/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello,
I have bought a TP-LINK TL-WN322G (wireless USB) and I try to set up a WAP using it as a WAP to connect my NOKIA N95 8GB wirelessly to the PC and Internet, but I can't.
Can anyone help me how to do this?
Thanks in advance!

A:Create a Wireless Access Point using Wireless USB

the NOKIA N95 8GB is a phone, and making an encripted connection to it is
dependent upon the phone.

first try to make any connection (ie: without encryption)

btw: the typical means to use a cell phone as an internet connection is to WIRE the device to the system.

You may find that the cell phone running on 2.4 ghz will conflict with the TL-WN322G

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-a-wireless-access-point-using-wireless-usb.101018/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am currently planning to upgrade my room to a nice cinema system style I m going to be buying a Samsung in HD TV and as well as being able to view normal TV with the freeview channels I want to be able to relay my HD MKV video files from my computer to the TV also is this possible Another question is that If I buy an additional surround music system for my new TV but I already have a system set up for my PC will this be a problem and will this interfere with the sound system of Trying cinema mini create home a system to the TV when I try to relay videos onto the TV from the PC I have a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Sound Card This Trying to create a mini home cinema system is my current graphics card http overclockers co uk showproduc odid GX- -OK This is the TV I want to get http www ebuyer com product The music system I want to get for the TV http www ebuyer com product Will it be possible and what is the best way to go about and do it nbsp

A:Trying to create a mini home cinema system

Yes, it is possible.

For whatever reason your graphics card link didn't work, but that doesn't matter. That TV has 2 HDMI inputs and 1 VGA. So depending on your card and preference you can run a DVI to HDMI cable, or a straight up VGA to VGA. Either will look fine since the TV isn't really pushing the VGA resolution hard enough that DVI/HDMI would look better.

The issue I see is with your 5.1 you'll need center channel and stuff set up based around your TV. This will screw up stereo and surround for gaming if you aren't using the TV for that (or have the TV and monitor next to each other).

I suppose you 'might' be able to get around this by splitting the output of your soundcard and running 1 to your 2.1 and one to your 5.1 and just alternate which system is on depending on what you are doing at the time. I'm not sure how all that works since I've never ran a 5.1 system from my computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-create-a-mini-home-cinema-system.100362/
Relevancy 70.09%

After getting an EA430 at newegg and being very satisfied, it suddenly died on me while playing TF2. It is really weird and forced me to revert back to my old PSU which meant uninstalling my 3850 as well. Should PSUs die so quickly? I thought Antec was a reliable company. Did I just get unlucky and get the 1/100,000 faulty PSU?

A:PSU died after a month

just bad luck
the PSU is good enough for your system
but add another drive and I say you need 500 to 600 watts
I don't know what you need for the vid card
I always go 30% more in power when building a system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-died-after-a-month.100160/
Relevancy 26.23%

I use Mozilla Firefox and have been using it for quite sometime and am very satisfied. But.. just recently I have had problem that gives me the message "Cannot Create DirectShow Player" and has "nspdplay" in the titlebar. This happens on pages like myspace's where people have videos/audio or on any website that has a video/audio on it. I use my regular IE on the same pages and get no pop-up notification.. but nothing plays. Any ideas/help would be great. Thanks.

Relevancy 67.94%

Budget 1600-1800 euros.
What I'm planning to get:
Mobo: I have no idea
CPU: E8500 3.16 ghz; This is 45nm If I'm correct (Should be out 20 Januari at 266$ from what I hear)
Graphics Card: NVidia 8800GT *2 I'm not entirely sure about this I was originally planning on getting a card in the 9000 series but it appears it's gonna take a while before they're coming out.
RAM: I have no idea except for that I'm probably getting 4 gigs
HDD: WD Caviar 320GB*2 for Raid purposes
Case: I have no Idea
Sound Card: I'm hoping the integrated sound card from the mobo will do the job nicely.

That's about it I think.

A:I'm planning on building a new PC next month, I need some advice on the parts.

What you got there makes good sense. With your budget it seems all you need to do is get the best mobo available. One thing I like to remind you though, is not to get cheap on your PSU. Hope the CPU will come out on time. Please keep us up to date on your project. Enjoy!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-planning-on-building-a-new-pc-next-month-i-need-some-advice-on-the-parts.94591/
Relevancy 22.79%

Recently I've been overclocking my rig so I can get smoother framerates in Team Fortress 2.

XP 2100+ (1.7ghz)
nForce 2 mobo
ATI X800 XL

The FSB usually runs at 133mhz. The highest I can set the FSB without crashing is 161mhz which bumps the speed up to 2.093ghz (13 x 161 = 2093). Windows boots up fine, and Everest registers the overclock and the new speed. However, when I try to start up TF2, I get a "Cannot Create d3d Device" error message. I get the same message whenever I try to load any game.

I've been testing and the highest FSB I can set and not get the above error message is 146mhz, which gives me a speed of 1.9mhz. Does anyone know why I'm getting the error message at FSB speeds of 147mhz and above, or how I can get rid of the error message.

A:XP 2100+ Overclock "Cannot Create d3d device"

many of the later XP series cpus are locked. only certain batches were known to be overclockers. For OC questions, please go to that forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-2100-overclock-cannot-create-d3d-device.87785/
Relevancy 69.23%

as the title says i brought a GB RAM troubles Month Long DDR PC ram stick from Buffalo a month ago I ve search countless hours trying to get answers on how to get this thing working trust me it s been years since i built this computer and only months since i ve been able to use it I ve tried to Month Long RAM troubles upgrade so many times and only to Month Long RAM troubles fail in the end This time im not giving up I ve upgraded my bios and tried everything told on previous websites but i cant Month Long RAM troubles get this stick to boot to the Windows Load screen all it ll do is go through the whole bios screen and etc and then the screen goes black but when it goes black it kinda has that eerie glow Kinda like when you first load up a game right before it shows the companie s logos Please i beg you mercy Help me before i take a sledgehammer to this thing nbsp

A:Month Long RAM troubles

Seems as if you have a failing monitor, or a failing video graphics port, rather than any sort of a memory issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/month-long-ram-troubles.87530/
Relevancy 24.51%

i am going to buy a geforce 8600gt card and i'm willing to buy an ASUS M2N-MX mother board which has a 16x pci-e slot and also an onboard integrated geforce 6100 card.can anyone tell me if this motherboard is suitable for 8600gt or it's onboard video memory will create any problem with 8600gt?

A:will onboard geforce 6100 card of ASUS M2N-MX motherboard create trouble with 8600gt?

Just to be safe, I wouldn't go for that motherboard. Maybe an ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe. But if you do choose to go that motherboard don't see why it would be a problem. Once you put in your 8600GT and connect your monitor up to the 8600GT GPU rather than the onboard than the 6100 should immediately disactivate and your computer will be running off the 8600GT. Just a guess

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-onboard-geforce-6100-card-of-asus-m2n-mx-motherboard-create-trouble-with-8600gt.82787/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello I have a Nvidia GeForce FX I am using the latest driver software Overlay Create Cannot When I try to play a DVD I get a Cannot Create Overlay Message I was wondering If someone can help me remedy this DXDiag Menu System Information ------------------ Time of this report Cannot Create Overlay Machine name Cannot Create Overlay E C S Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer BIOSTA System Model AWRDACPI BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm XP MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab The file nv disp dll is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft s Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo d driver from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab The registry information for the DirectPlay application Sorry is missing or damaged You should reinstall that application -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name WinFast A Manufacturer Chip type GeForce FX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS D amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Proview -inch NS PF Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d No WHQL Date Stamp None VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-E - A C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x D Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-create-overlay.69711/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello ?
I want to know how to create Partition.
Currently, I have only one hard drive that is 80GB.
I want to use "Acronis True Image Home 10.0" to create partition but whenever I click "New Disk" or "Clone Disk", it said I have only one hard drive therefore it won't work.

Is there step by step how to create Partition ?
I searched forum but I can't find exact how to do that.
And I don't want to create Partition if it need format everything.

A:How I can create Partition ?

try to resize the first or only partition(make it smaller)
this will give you free space you need for 2nd partition

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-i-can-create-partition.67505/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi. I've been using the ultimate boot cd(ubcd) to do partitioning. I'm using ranish to do the partitioning. But there doesn't seem to be an option to let you assign labels to the volumes. How should I do this? Are there other utilities on the disk that will let me do this?

thanks.

A:create volume labels from boot disk

spanky said:

Hi. I've been using the ultimate boot cd(ubcd) to do partitioning. I'm using ranish to do the partitioning. But there doesn't seem to be an option to let you assign labels to the volumes. How should I do this? Are there other utilities on the disk that will let me do this?

thanks.Click to expand...

Under XP you can do Start >run > cmd > enter> at the prompt enter> label >enter then label the drive that way.

I did it and got this in a DOS box

C:\>dir
Volume in drive C is ididmyc600
Volume Serial Number is 5CD6-3AB2

Directory of C:\

As doing it from the disk pass, I used this a few times but never investigated it fully.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-volume-labels-from-boot-disk.58266/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello Ive posted about this before but nothing worked so i thought id try again I have a to network at unable create home still laptop and a PC They are both running XP with all the lastest updates and firewall turned off I am runngin AVG antivirus The two computers are able to access the internet fine I can even have a chat message with myself I can enter in the IP from either computer and get a successful ping however still unable to create network at home when i try still unable to create network at home to access the other computer i get an error that says quot network path not found quot The two computers used to be linked I dumped all my files from my PC to the laptop and reformatted my PC nasty trojan after the format i can no longer see the laptop and it cannot see the PC My IP addresses are weird too The to computers are not using the same gateway even though they are connected into the same router pc ip address xx xxx gateway xx xxx laptop ip address xx xxx gateway xx xxx I have tried numerous times to re-install the network using the wizard I have moved and reseated my network card in my PC And i have reinstalled the drivers for both network cards in the respective computers Please help I just want my files back Thanks Eddie nbsp

A:still unable to create network at home

Don't use the Wizard, try these directions exactly as they are written:
http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/net-update.asp#next

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-unable-to-create-network-at-home.54882/
Relevancy 67.08%

-I have an eVGA GeForce mb PCIe video card that is about months old I m using it on a Gigabyte k n-sli mobo with a w Antec Neo HE PSU -I powered up my computer like I do every day but the monitor was black it didn t blink or anything it acts like the computer is turned off -I looked at my card and the fan wasn t on is it supposed to be on all the time -I then installed an old PCI video card and took out the and the system booted up fine -I then reinstalled the but left the moniter plugged into the old PCI gpu so that I could look in Window s Device Manager to see if it was even recognizing my but the old PCI gpu doesn t display anything while the is plugged in My problem I 6 eVGA GeForce suddenly 6600 blacks out month old don t know if it s the I don t have another system to test it on or the mobo s PCIe ports which showed up fine in Device Manager Do I need a new graphics card I didn t do anything to damage it so what could have caused the problem nbsp

A:6 month old eVGA GeForce 6600 suddenly blacks out

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Try doing a clean install of Video drivers, removing all drivers first.
Check to see if there are any newer MoBo chipset drivers,
HERE

G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/6-month-old-evga-geforce-6600-suddenly-blacks-out.50392/
Relevancy 21.5%

How can I create a Peer-To-Peer connection?? Still need Halp

Hi all, running on Windows XP and I just want to know how to create a wireless network with my Toshiba Satellite P25-S520, as I have recently bought an Aircard from Sprint and would like to share the internet through my 2 laptops(yes both have wirless cards built in). I know that it will be slow, but its not about speed(just about getting my mom off my back).

Thx for all suggestions.

A:How can I create a Peer-To-Peer connection??

It will probably be lots faster than your internet connection.

The keyword is "ad-hoc" - the WiFi network with no base stations.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-create-a-peer-to-peer-connection.48876/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am going to give you the whole story in case it helps I am installing a DVD player in a Toshiba Tecra laptop It has Windows DVD on device for Create windows SE It is a Pentium II I will not be Create device for DVD on windows upgrading The DVD player runs smoothly the first - minutes of the film then the sound and picture slowly diverge until it is so choppy you cannot follow it Create device for DVD on windows at all CDs played in the device do the same thing I bought the DVD drive independent of Toshiba but it is the one for the machine It came with no cd rom drivers manual etc Just the drive I went to the Toshiba website and found instructions for installing the driver onto my machine a good start However my computer has no space for quot other devices quot or DVD roms as stated in the instructions The people at Toshiba will not help unless I pay So other avenues Can anyone help me with this Good karma for all who try I live on the land far from TV and computer repair people I am looking forward to getting this going so I can veg out and watch movies once in awhile I hope it will work even though I have an older computer Also give your opinion if you think paying Toshiba is worth the Thanks Jennifer nbsp

A:Create device for DVD on windows

I kind of follow what you're trying to do but still let's clarify some points:
1) Are you trying to replace DVD-ROM drive or did you already do it?
2) Is it the new DVD-ROM drive that gives you trouble with playing both DVDs and CDs?
3) What do you mean by "my computer has no space for 'other devices'"? (I think this is a driver install instructions, and trust you can have as many drivers on your computer as it's possible).
4) I would not stick to Windows 98 (even SE). Why don't you try Windows 2000 Pro?
5) This maybe a software issue. What DVD software player are you using? Make sure you close as many programs as it possible before you start playing CD/DVD.
6) I assume that you've tried more than 1 CD/DVD disc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-device-for-dvd-on-windows.48184/
Relevancy 25.37%

I purchased Linksys wireless router and am unable to set up network connections to share files.

PC is wired to wrt54g port 2, laptop is connected via wireless link. Signal is strong.

Computers cannot seem to communicate through XP. Cannot ping either computer from the other. Both can access the internet. Have spent hours with Linksys help and they now say problem is with XP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can see from the posts that my trouble with Linksys is not unique.

Thanks

A:Linksys WRT54G Wireless--Cannot Create Network--XP Issues??

bbult said:

Computers cannot seem to communicate through XP. Cannot ping either computer from the other. Both can access the internet. Have spent hours with Linksys help and they now say problem is with XP.Click to expand...

Ok, leave your WEP/WPA settings alone if you're connecting to the Internet.

As you're behind the router, you can safely turn off all firewalls and try to PING
each other. If this works, the FW needs some configuring. If not, TCP needs
some config work.

Once you can PING with the firewall active, you need to enable Print/file sharing too.

Then you can setup folders for sharing and add shared printers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-wrt54g-wireless-cannot-create-network-xp-issues.47423/
Relevancy 25.37%

I'm not talking about the many many ways to force refresh rates that your drivers recognizes, i'm talking about specifying the Horizontal and Vertical frequencies so that you can create any refresh rate you want. Is powerstrip really the only program out there that can do this?

A:How else can you specify Vert/Horiz frequency to create custom refresh rates?

If powerstrip can, why not stick with it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-else-can-you-specify-vert-horiz-frequency-to-create-custom-refresh-rates.31466/
Relevancy 26.23%

I currently have Blaze Audio, which enables me to convert any sound into a .wav or .mp3 file. Is there an easy and not too expensive way for me to convert these to midi? I found software advertised that converts (or claims to convert) midi to written music, and my kids are writing songs I would like committed to paper in case they forget them.

A:Want to create a midi file

Auto notating

Midi files that are composed using a midi device
:music keyboard's external devices...
can most often be autonotated.
I don't believe you can convert wav/mp3 to midi
then autonotate....I very easily could be wrong here!
(would'nt be the 1st time :haha: )
You may want to take a look at "Cake Walk", it seems
to be in every studio I've been in..Take a look "HERE"
for some music resources!
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-create-a-midi-file.28351/
Relevancy 26.66%

hello every 1...can you plz help me to make a mms:// file
if any 1 know can u plz reply...........................

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-create-mms-file.28449/
Relevancy 25.8%

As suggested in this thread it might be worth it to create a buyers guide to graphic cards It should be in parts one which deals with actual cards and how they perform in relation to eachother both to newer and older cards and one which deals with cards in a more abstract way but give you an idea of how a card in a certain price-range will perform Ie a card in the sub will not compete with a card in the range The latest and greatest is buyers a cards create guide Help graphic to in the above range but they often only perform about - better than the ones in the - range So if you can post your experiences with the card s you have aprox how they perform compared to other cards you ve had ie you moved from an FX to an X pro how do they compare Also any buyers tips and suggestions are welcome ie after using TechSpot s pricewatch remember to check if there are any refurbs newegg company XXY often have higher clocked cards than the others etc But please don t just post to say quot I hate Help create a buyers guide to graphic cards ATI nvidia Matrox S bit boys whoever quot And if you want to say that card XYX is a good card don t just say quot Help create a buyers guide to graphic cards yes it s good quot but tell us why If we get enough info maybe we can write it up as a proper guide and if not we should have a small knowledgebase that people can read through and add personal experiences nbsp

A:Help create a buyers guide to graphic cards

I used to have a 9200se recently upgraded to 9700 pro.

9200se was a really good card for just playing simple games
ie. counter-strike. But with games like hl2 and doom 3 was a very poor
effort mainly becuase it is a $70 card.

when i first got my 9700 pro my over all system performance improved.
windows loaded faster,games loaded faster. Not to mention the excellent reflections and high resoltions.

If you are a type of person who plays high demanding graphics games i sugest you save up and buy and good card rather than buying a poor cheap card.My processor is a amd athlon xp 2800+ and my computer can easily beat my friends computer a amd athlon 64 3200+ in 3d mark03 becuase he has a poor card.

i recommend spending less on a cpu and more on a card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-create-a-buyers-guide-to-graphic-cards.27299/
Relevancy 26.66%

Dear all,

guy's a have problem with my disk. I can't create the partition on it, it has message "harddisk write protection".
need your solution for this problem

thank's

A:Can't create partition

running xp or w2k
right click on C:\ or what ever drive you are working on
go to properties go to security advanced add everyone below check all the boxs and apply or OK
may have to reboot :chef:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-create-partition.21486/
Relevancy 26.23%

I m helping a charity tune up its -computer network and would like to improve their ability to share their work The network type network drive? a to create How is Internet Connection Sharing - i e it has a gateway computer which must be online for the other two client computers to access How to create a network drive? the internet I don t think there is a router The OS is XP Home with SP installed The modem is an Alcatel Speedtouch ASDL Norton System Works and Norton AV is installed on all PCs How to create a network drive? but the firewall on all three PCs is Zone Alarm Free Edition As I understand it the basic options for file sharing are putting folders in the Shared Documents folder enabling Simple File Sharing for a specific folder How to create a network drive? or mapping a network drive to a specific folder However is it possible to create a network drive I have this at work instead of viewing a shared documents folder I go into Windows Explorer select the network drive ours is called the I drive and there I am able to see all the work of my colleagues without the need to link to their hard drives or shared folders or anything like that We don t save our work on the local hard drive at all but to this I drive This would be the ideal solution Can anyone help me out on what it takes to set one of these up and if it is possible on and ICS network with XP Home Edition Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions Swish nbsp

A:How to create a network drive?

In Windows Explorer you have a button on toolbar called "map network drive". You have the same option in the right click context menu of network resources your are browsing.

It is pretty self-explanatory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-create-a-network-drive.15887/
Relevancy 26.23%

sup guys Need help on creating an DOS-bootable floppy diskette which commands do i type to create an bootable dos floppy I got the AWDFLASH EXE but couldnt able to get it work at window rebooting part I wanna update my Bios plz halp thz in advance Flash Update Procedure A program AWDFLASH EXE is included in the How flash bio floppy? I an create dos do ^ utility diskette or CD X Utility AWDFLASH EXE The user is recommended to follow the procedure below to update the flash BIOS X How do I create an dos bio flash floppy? ^ your CD driver letter Create a DOS-bootable floppy diskette Copy the new BIOS file just obtained or downloaded and the utility program AWDFLASH EXE to the diskette Allow the PC system to boot from the DOS diskette At the DOS prompt key in AWDFLASH and hit lt ENTER gt Enter the file name of the new BIOS The question Do you want to save BIOS Y N is displayed Key in N if there is no need to save the existing BIOS content Key in Y if a backup copy of the existing BIOS is needed A file name has to be assigned to the existing BIOS binary file The question Are you sure to program Y N is displayed Key in Y Wait until the flash-update is completed Power down the PC system Restart the PC nbsp

A:How do I create an dos bio flash floppy? ^

you can download a basic boot disk desinged to be used for making a flash bios disk at the link below.

http://www.drd.dyndns.org/index2.html

the one you want is at the bottom of the page. "bios update boot disk"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-create-an-dos-bio-flash-floppy.7632/
Relevancy 68.37%

Ok this is a problem that has been bugging me for many months I have tried everything and I mean everything First my specs Intel P ghz ram Soundblaster Live Value Gateway diediediediedie sorry Alright well first off I m into making movies with my friends I use a Sony Digital Handycam and upload to my pc via a Pyro Firewire IEEE- Card Well I used to be able to do this but one fateful day I turned on my camera and plugged it in and my pc locked up I turned off the camera and the PC unlocked I thought that was odd When locked cannot ctrl-alt-delete THese process FireWire month 2 Fiasco, are the things I FireWire Fiasco, 2 month process tried Reverted Drive to when it worked nada Called Gateway took me through some config options nada REFORMATTED COMPUTER nada Unistalled drivers in safe mode and reinstalled same prob Bought new card same problem so the card being the prob is out of the pic Tried neighbors camera nada made it pretty obvious that the pc itself was to blame Gateway refused to help me anymore unless I bought THEIR card same problem Gateway refused to help me ANYWAY citing it was Sonys problem THE COLD HEARTED B DS Uncle suggested that it might be sharing an IRQ with something AND IT WAS I was so happy I moved the card the another port and made sure it was on it s on IRQ PLUGGED IT IN Lockup At this point I was ready to kill something This is stressing me out so much I think I am losing my hair I m Please ANY advice you could give me would be great I m probably forgetting something that I did it ll come to me PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:FireWire Fiasco, 2 month process

What OS are you using?

If it's an IRQ problem, which it sounds like, you can't change the IRQ by just switching PCI slots, you have to change the IRQ via the Device Manager. I would give you directions to the DM, but I don't know what Windows you're using, if even using Windows...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firewire-fiasco-2-month-process.2569/
Relevancy 66.22%

From www viahardware com ibm gxp shtm The revelation that IBM s GXP line of drives was only rated for hours of usage per month kicked off a storm of controversy and discussion both here at VH and at other use disk VIAHardware's restriction month of GXP lowdown hard of per IBM hours 333 websites as well With little actual data to go on however speculation has run rampant and official response has been scarce VH launched its own investigation into the issue with the goal of examining IBM s claims regarding the GXP s optimum usage whether such claims were sufficiently documented and how consumers may wish to respond to the situation We ve organized this article in a question-and-answer format to allow for simpler organization and easier reading with the questions themselves designed to walk a reader through the situation IBM VIAHardware's lowdown of IBM GXP hard disk 333 hours of use per month restriction unfortunately would not provide additional information or official comment on VIAHardware's lowdown of IBM GXP hard disk 333 hours of use per month restriction the GXP situation despite repeated phone calls and requests for data Click to expand News post with more details http www dspotlight com vb showthread php s amp threadid Source from www viahardware com nbsp

A:VIAHardware's lowdown of IBM GXP hard disk 333 hours of use per month restriction

Thanks Arris!
Though i'm too scared to read the full article (as my harddrives might they think should decided to crash), it's quite nice to get some more info on how I should set up my case...

Now i know I'm going to buy a harddrive fan..!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/viahardwares-lowdown-of-ibm-gxp-hard-disk-333-hours-of-use-per-month-restriction.671/
Relevancy 25.37%

We're going to invest on a crowd funding website in our country. Currently, there's not any native service.
As I search more, I get less answers! I also contacted to some of famous providers and they didn't respond properly.

- Is there any CMS or addon-for-a-cms to found this service?

- Which one is better: programming an application from scratch or creating a plugin for current CMS's such as Wordpress, Joomla, etc?

- Which programming language is the best to make it from scratch for these days?

- anything else...?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/were-going-to-create-a-crowd-funding-service-which-technology-is-the-best-to-be-the-base.204266/
Relevancy 25.8%

I bought a laptop through Best Buy that came pre-installed with Office 2010 and an activation code or whatever. But it didn't have installation discs, and they nearly insisted that I pay to have Geek Squad to it, along with a bunch of other stuff I didn't need. Is there any way to create a recovery disc of the program, not just the files? If Geek Squad can do it, there must be a DIY method out there, right?

I'm Running Windows 7 with Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010.

A:How can I create recovery discs for programs (not OS)?

Have a look at this previous thread on the same question, but don?t set your hopes too high.

Cloning an installed program?
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic149246.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-create-recovery-discs-for-programs-not-os.151813/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have programs for creating ISO images Macrium Reflect and Acronis for WD I bought a My my to not Can backup verifiable ISO a create get program Book TB external HD to back up to but it s not much good if I can t use it to the purpose I bought it for I ve run ExactFile checksums until I m blue in the face I can run them back to back and the results are never the same It shows files I know Can not get my backup program to create a verifiable ISO haven t had any changes to at least not for months Plus it comes up with a different number of errors each time too I m at my wits end trying to figure why the image won t verify My system is falling apart my AutoPlay doesn t work nor does my system restore The My Book has a feature called SmartWare it backs up all changes made within the documents and picture files It s does not back up programs or the system files I ve run dskck and that came up with no problem I ran a sfc r a few weeks ago and it said there were errors that it could not fix This is after I spent a whole day messing around doing an inplace upgrade It took hours to download all of the additional update beyond that I ve even tried disabling the Smartware Can anyone tell me how to go about finding the problem I would really appreciate it George nbsp

A:Can not get my backup program to create a verifiable ISO

hmm; your topic

create a verifiable ISOClick to expand...

doesn't match the description at all imo. I would never expect any backup to create an ISO. Acronis & Ghost do create
a disk image for recovery purposes.
hint: not all disk images must be an ISO file

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-not-get-my-backup-program-to-create-a-verifiable-iso.156197/
Relevancy 25.37%

I want create video tutorials by myself and need to record the sound and screen!
Who can tell me how to do this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-create-video-tutorials-for-students-at-multiple-levels.156282/
Relevancy 25.8%

Actually, I just want to know is it possible that photoshop can create automatic layers while we create a new objects. When we insert any image or paste any data, then only it will create layers automatically, otherwise not.
But in Fireworks, it creates an new separate layer automatically every time when i use any tool even when I use marquee tool.
If its possible in photoshop, then plz help me because I am now very much fed of creating layers manually.
Thanx

A:Create automatic layers in Photoshop?

Anything is possible with Photoshop with a person new to the software...
You would be helpf by purchasing a good used copy of a Photoshop training manual... there are probably 30 differemt ones.

Photoshop requires more explanation than we have room for here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-automatic-layers-in-photoshop.149837/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,

I am using Word 2010.

I have a really long Word document with different topics.

I would like to create a Table of content at the top of that document so that I can click on that topic & it will take me directly to that topic without me trying to scroll down the whole document to find that topic. ( Just like a book in Word Format with table of content & clicking the topic to go directly to that topic without going thru the whole book page by page )

I tried to create a hyperlink for each topic but Word created the hyperlink at the same place where the topic was listed, so that doesn't help.

I also tried to copy & paste that hyperlink at the top of the document but that didn't work either.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

A:How do I create a table of contents in a Word Document

The built in help has great info but this article covers it too:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/create-a-table-of-contents-HP010368778.aspx?CTT=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-create-a-table-of-contents-in-a-word-document.149026/
Relevancy 25.37%

Whenever you open a tab in IE8 it opens up a seperate iexplorer.exe for that page

If you have 10 tabs, then thats 10 iexplore.exe processes running.

I have found out a way to make it so IE8 loads only one process no matter how many tabs you open. Follow this link and enjoy this tweak IE users.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/...rocesses-of-ie8-regardless-of-number-of-tabs/

Follow instructions carefully. You will need to use regedit. Enjoy this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ie8-how-to-make-it-not-create-a-new-iexplorer-exe-process-on-tabs-you-open-fix.146134/
Relevancy 26.66%

Does anyone have instructions? I have some SERIOUSLY incomplete ones!

A:Does anyone know how to create a VHD in win7?

Did it!

If anyone wants to try it let me know I will send or post instructions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-anyone-know-how-to-create-a-vhd-in-win7.145865/
Relevancy 22.79%

Just for fun I want to take some video that I record with a very digital short (timelapse-like) to a video from video camcorder Need create cheap digital video Need to create a short (timelapse-like) video from digital camcorder video camera and speed it up to make minutes condensed down to maybe or Currently it is at fps motion jpeg video which sucks but its a cheap camera and I don t need insane quality for this I was thinking out of that roughly fps I really only need or depending on the finished length I decide I m sure there is software to do something like this but I searched a bit on my own and didn t come up with much I do not need to keep the audio in my original video I was pretty sure I had asked this before in here but a quick forum search didn t turn it up I m hoping for freeware but if there is a decent pay alternative that isn t a full professional expensive thing then that will be ok Essentially the video is a dash cam and I really just want to see some routes I drive sped up a lot So this isn t a terribly serious project but in a few months I may be getting a Go Pro or something similar and recording mountain bike rides so anything I can learn now may come in handy in the future nbsp

A:Need to create a short (timelapse-like) video from digital camcorder video

Yeah, you're right, Google doesn't give much. I had to change the words around a bit to get anything useful. Have a look at these, maybe:

http://www.azcendant.com/batch_processing.htm
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/290841-Time-Lapse-Video-from-existing-WMV-file

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-create-a-short-timelapse-like-video-from-digital-camcorder-video.192052/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi I ve been at this for several days and just can t get it to work I have a computer which has a single disk but two partitions Using GhostCast Server I want to create an image of the first partition only and later on restore the image back on to the first partition of the client computer without affecting any data inside the second partition So far what I to in Image server Create/Restore Partition GhostCast Unable ve done with GhostCast is create an image Unable to Create/Restore Partition Image in GhostCast server of the entire disk however when it comes to restore it restores the entire disk When I use the same image and select the partition option on GhostCast server I can not manually select the first partition to restore as a matter a fact it does not show any partitions at all and GhostCast server does not work with this option I ve also tried creating an image with the partition enable on GhostCast server With this I can select which partition I wan to create an image of versus the entire disk But when it comes to restore on the client side I am force to restore the image on to the entire disk All I want to do is have an image only of the first partition I call it my Operating partition and the second is my Pictures partition After a few days weeks months having my children playing with the computer and infecting with trojans I d like to use the image I created and restore it back to how it was serveral weeks prior without affecting the pictures I ve store on the second partition nbsp

A:Unable to Create/Restore Partition Image in GhostCast server

hmm; yes I was disappointed with that issue too.
Ghost and Acronis both create images of the HD and not just the partition.
The sole argument (imo) for that choice is to capture the MBR (which is outside the partition).

All I want to do is have an image only of the first partition ( I call it my Operating partition and the second is my Pictures partition). After a few days/weeks/months having my children playing with the computer and infecting with trojans, I'd like to use the image I created and restore it back to how it was serveral weeks prior without affecting the pictures I've store on the second partition.Click to expand...

the organization of C:\ for the System itself and D:\ for your data is great!! WELL DONE!!

if you have a) an external HD or b) another system, then you can use replication
as a means to protect D:\

Once D:\ has a secondary source, the recovery of C:\ is a wipe clean, repartition, and full install of the OS.

Windows backups are a farce for system level recovery -- they're only good for user data.

You can improve the security for ALL users by allowing only LUA accounts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-create-restore-partition-image-in-ghostcast-server.144326/
Relevancy 22.79%

I'm in the middle of creating you tube tutorials. I've been scouring the internet attempting to find an affordable video editing tool, (or free) that will edit/produce professional appearing introductions to my youtube videos. Does anyone know where I could find such a program over the internet?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

A:A good video editing tool to create professional introductions to video creations

Hmm, How long do you need the video editing tool? You could get a trial for Vegas Pro 8 and Vegas Pro 9 i think they are both for 30 days, so you could use them while you are trying to find a free or affordable tool.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-good-video-editing-tool-to-create-professional-introductions-to-video-creations.143292/
Relevancy 25.8%

I want to create an ebook for reading on a Kindle or whatever and ultimately it will have page for each day of the year I want to be able to do this on a computer probably as a rtf file I was originally just going to use WordPad and insert a page break after each day s content Turns out that even though for a create Best page book 1 way eReaders? day a to WordPad and rtf files can handle page breaks you can t insert them from within WordPad I m not sure that a Kindle can read rtf files it probably can so I was going to convert the rtf to mobi with Calibre after completing it So My question is Is there something small and basic that I can use to accomplish this I know I could do it in Word or ugh GoogleDocs and insert page breaks that way and then eventually save as rtf but I was thinking there has to be a program that is light like WordPad but will insert page breaks I did google simple rtf editors but I got a bunch of results for web developers and sort of gave up pursuing at that point I ll probably just do it in Word and save as rtf but I was just not wanting to go that way if there is a program that will do it outside of a full featured office program Edit Maybe I don t need the page Best way to create a 1 page a day book for eReaders? breaks anyway I was thinking the Kindle might override any defined pages based on the size text set on the Kindle nbsp

A:Best way to create a 1 page a day book for eReaders?

Try digging up an old copy of "Microsoft Works". I have it, but it's tatooed to my board as "value added" software. It used to be available as a cheap "buy me instead of Office" disc. I have no idea what in the way of DRM the install disc has in it. I should run under XP without a problem. Any CD emulator should be able to rip and mount it, regardless.

I was playing with its word processor the other night, doing exactly what you want to do, but with music tabs. Rich Text does hold the page breaks, but I figure you already know that.

I only have "Works" on one computer, so .rtf is the way to go so as to avoid installing "Open Office", on every computer in the house.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-create-a-1-page-a-day-book-for-ereaders.189473/
Relevancy 22.36%

Title says it all. I was quite happy with the way Win 7 allowed creation of a system image, cannot find a way to do it in 8.

A:Win 8, How to create "System Image"?

How to create a system image in Windows 8.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-8-how-to-create-system-image.197927/
Relevancy 25.8%

Currently on my flash stick, I keep folders, subfolders of machines ex. HP, Dell, then another folder Dimension 2400 and list all the drivers for the machine so my work ca be done quicker.

I like to add some tools, what are some must tools, only tool I have right now is CPU-z.

A:Help me create my USB drive with tools, tech bench!

Sometimes I have to work on PC's which only have Windows and Office.
So I have two Flash memory sticks with useful portable programs installed.
One has 'PortableApps' program launcher with many programs converted to portable use by John T. Haller;~
http://johnhaller.com/jh/
And;~
http://portableapps.com/download
Use the pop-up menu, and it's options, to add the programs you require.

On my other stick I have, 'Codysafe', a similar idea. See;~
http://www.codyssey.com/

*I use Firefox 2 portable, CCleaner portable, Recuva, Abiword portable, Auslogics Defrag and many others. All the portable programs run on either 'Launcher'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-create-my-usb-drive-with-tools-tech-bench.162515/
Relevancy 25.8%

I need to create a torrent using Utorrent (of my own created art) that I can send to friends and family, not upload to a website, but when I did everything as normal in creating it, using my regular trackers, etc, and sent it to them, their utorrent says no seeders even though I am seeding.

Is there some special alternate procedure so that I can send a created torrent to someone directly without uploading it to a site?

A:Create a torrent with utorrent to distribute PERSONALLY?

I've never created a torrent myself but if your one has a tracker then you should be able to send the created .torrent file to whoever you want to send it to and then they can download it.

Another way to do it is to upload your files in a .zip or .rar file and upload them to a site like megaupload.com, although they have a file size limit of 500MB so if it's larger than this you'll have to make a few zip files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-a-torrent-with-utorrent-to-distribute-personally.94089/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello, so we're attempting to modify a job role in SQL 2008 but i'm not sure how to do this. I'm trying to add task roles into a job role but i can't find anything on how to do this. Does anyone know? Help!! Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-job-roles-in-sql-2008.132498/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a database which has about 60000 rows and 3 columns.
Here I have made a picture to show what exactly I want, this picture represent a general view of my data structure and also represent what I want.

I have 3 first columns (from left) and I want to create a new column like the last one which named New Text.
As you see I want to create a column which duplicate the Text of every row for X times. And X is the frequency of repeated number in Number ID 2.

For example: In Number ID 2, 8 repeated four times. So New Text should have four H. (H represent the text)

Please consider this to be done by Microsoft Access software, which I have no experience of working with.

A:How to create a new column using data of other columns in Microsoft Access

will take TWO updates.

1) a transaction to ADD Column "New Text"; commit

2) another to UPDATE "New Text" where "Number ID 2" equals "Number ID 1" value is TEXT;

(or something close to that - - it's be a while since I last used SQL grammar.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-create-a-new-column-using-data-of-other-columns-in-microsoft-access.163720/
Relevancy 25.8%

hello people,
please recommend me some software i could use to create a screensaver. i want to create one (or several) for christmas for my parents, friends, etc. the free ones i find online are only capable of making a slideshow of pictures and i want to make something more interesting. so, basically, i need a recommendation for software which would allow me to create animated screensaver. i would prefer free one i got some programing skills and i'm familiar (just a little) with tools for animation like macromedia director so i think i could figure out how to make a screensaver if i had a tool.
thank you in advance for your help

A:Please recommend a software to create screensaver

aahh.. well ok, i'll make some flying pictures pps instead of screensaver.. :/ but, i still got some time left till christmas, so if anyone knows a software for screensaver making, please please please tell me its name. i'll be eternally grateful!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-recommend-a-software-to-create-screensaver.92538/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have several users that receive the following message in Outlook when they try to open an attachment Can t create file filename xls Right click on Outlook 2003 file create - Can't the folder you want to create the file in and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder After some looking around I see that this is because Outlook creates copies or temp files from the attachments and over time they accumulate in a folder created by Outlook The folder is named something like OLK where is a random number File names that have the same name have a number added to them-- i e filename xls filename xls filename xls etc all the way Outlook 2003 - Can't create file up to filename xls Once the amount of the files Outlook 2003 - Can't create file with the same name reaches Outlook will throw the above-mentioned error Clearing out these files manually from the OKL folder will TEMPORARILY correct the problem But with this happening on multiple workstations it is not a viable solution to have to monitor and manually delete files because Outlook can t count past Is there a PERMANENT solution out there anywhere Any input would be appreciated Thanks pataz nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 - Can't create file

I don't think so.. You could create a batch file that deletes everything in that folder and then have the user run it when the problem appears (or, schedule the batch file to run periodically).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-cant-create-file.92925/
Relevancy 25.8%

When i try to open this program called Novelty it says "Failed to create Direct3D device"
and "No image handler for type 17 defined".
And then it opens a note and the one written says:
Novelty version: 0.8.9
Starting Scalari graphics engine
Fullscreen: No
Loading Direct3D
Detecting DirectX capabilities
Graphic adapter: Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller
Driver: ialmrnt5.dll (6.13.10.3514)
Display: 1280x800 [FMT=0x000017]
Hardware acceleration test [ADPFMT=0x000017, BBFMT=0x000017]: Success!
Depth stencil format: 0x00004B
Hardware vertex processing: No
Pure device: No
Presentation interval: 0x000001
Pow2 restriction: Yes
Backbuffer size: 2048x1024
Maximum backbuffer size: 2048x2048
Supports dynamic textures: No
Supports masks: Yes
[Error] Critical features not supported by the hardware
[Error] Failed to create Direct3D device

What should i do? Please Help.

A:Failed to create Direct3D device

It sounds like the onboard graphics is insufficient to run the application. You could try installing the latest graphics driver available but it might not help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-create-direct3d-device.158780/
Relevancy 25.8%

As the title states, I am interested in delving into the *nix world.

I have 2 current needs

Setup networked storage server for files/backups/etc.
Setup secure FTP access to said files from anywhere (SSH?)

Does anyone have any suggestions? I was debating on doing this with Windows XP, but figured I'd give *nix a shot and see how it works & learn something at the same time.

My knowledge is very limited, but I have played with linux before.

A:Create File Server with SSH FTP capabilities

SSH would be infinitely more secure than FTP, for sure.

There are numerous FTP clients that also supposed FTP over SSH, using SFTP or SCP. The interface is generally exactly the same: Username and password. One huge advantage of using SFTP/SCP is, if you are really into it, you can setup pre-shared keys, so you never have to use a username/password, so long as you have your proper keys on the client machine.

100% of Linux distros will have SSH, and the majority will have package options for NFS, CIFS or Samba, the latter two of which you can view on a Windows client. There are also plenty of free Windows SFTP/SCP utilities, like WinSCP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-file-server-with-ssh-ftp-capabilities.127740/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have Windows XP Pro and I am trying to create multiple users, which I can, however I want to have them with all with same background and a few other settings.

can anyone provide me in how to get all users to have same setting such as same background

Thanks,
David

A:Create multiple users with same background and a few other settings

You can apply the background with a local user policy - read up on using gpedit.msc. Here are a couple of helpful links: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307882
http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/group_policy_editor.htm

You may be able to make some changes to the All Users profile for other things, and even Default User for not-yet-mini-setup'd accounts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-multiple-users-with-same-background-and-a-few-other-settings.136705/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi!

I'm using Adobe Flash CS4 for the first time, trying to make a menu with rollover effects. I've managed to make the buttons work, however all the links open i a new window. I'm using this script:

Code:
function goInicio(event:MouseEvent):void {
var targetURL:URLRequest=new
URLRequest("../index.html");
navigateToURL(targetURL);
}
inicio.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, goInicio);
How can i get the link to open in the same window?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-hyperlinks-with-adobe-flash-cs4.125514/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi!

I'm using Adobe Flash CS4 for the first time, trying to make a menu with rollover effects. I've managed to make the buttons work, however all the links open i a new window. I'm using this script:

Code:
function goInicio(event:MouseEvent):void {
var targetURL:URLRequest=new
URLRequest("../index.html");
navigateToURL(targetURL);
}
inicio.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, goInicio);
How can i get the link to open in the same window?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-hyperlinks-with-adobe-flash-cs4.125514/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi to all

i want set up my own webste and im just wondering if any one knows how to do it.....

do i have to use software say apache?

Any info on this would be kindly appreciated

Thanks Jase

A:How can I create a web hosting on my own computer

Yes, Apache 2.x is ideal and it's easy to config. This creates the webserver, but
you need a fixed ip address to make it effective for others to find and use regularly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-create-a-web-hosting-on-my-own-computer.87034/
Relevancy 68.37%

I just got mine today & they installed ok. I rebooted & shortly afterward the MS icon popped up so I clicked on it & allowed it to download what turned out to be 1 more update

Ok, now the icon has re appeared for the 3rd time I think & I am considering ignoring it because I'm thinking it'll do the same thing. My MS updates are set to automatic. Any suggestions? XP Pro MCE is the OS

A:Problem with this month's Windows Update

Set IE as your DEFAULT BROWSER

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-this-months-windows-update.187239/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have the Windows Vista home premium DVD , shipped with DELL Studio laptop.i want to have Vista in my desktop too.But the DELL vista DVD installs the OS for a period of 90 days only on my desktop.So is there a way to create a fresh bootable VISTA DVD from the Dell Vista DVD.?? i don't want to install it on my desktop by emulating the DELL BIOS in my desktop ( coz it doesn't recognise my creative soundcard).I have an Intel motherboard.
Plz help me out....!!!!!!!!
Thanx in Advance............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Create bootable Win Vista

You will have to "bite the bullet" and get a retail copy of Vista for your desktop PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-bootable-win-vista.134719/
Relevancy 25.8%

I already have a windows 2000 cd but it doesnot boot.When i enter into the cd trough floppy and type the setup file it says this program cannot be run in MS-DOS mode..can any one help me how to creat a windows 2000 bootable cd

A:Create a windows 2000 bootable cd

There is software at the back end of a Windows 2000 CD that will help you create a 4-floppy boot set. There is also a download at Microsoft, but it is difficult to find. You can also copy the install files to sectors on the hard drive, then boot or install from those sectors.
Creating a Windows 2000 boot disc otherwise is extremely difficult, as Microsoft intentionally made it impossible to do.
Usually a W2K disk that does not boot is damaged by scratches. You can use one of the buffing or polishing devices to polish the disc (but don't overdo it) which will usually fix most problems except deep scratches that run diagonally.
We cannot tell you how to make an illegal copy, as per the policy of this forum. I can send you a CD if you have your own legal product ID, but there are 11 different versions of W2K, so you need the right match between the CD and the Product Key or ID.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-a-windows-2000-bootable-cd.82713/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, for the past month or so, I've been dealing with random BSODs on my windows 7 laptop (Sager NP4658), can someone tell me what's causing them?  I've attached the dump files from the last month to this post.

I've already done a chkdsk which found no corruptions, SFC 'did not find any integrity violations', and verifier.exe (only tested all non-microsoft drivers) found no problems.

A:Frequent BSODs for the past month

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ Out of 7 memory dumps there were 6 different BSOD error codes.  The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things (the list is not in any sort of order):- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.- dirt/dust/hair/fur/crud inside the case.  Blow out the case/vents with canned air (DO NOT use an air compressor or vacuum as they can cause damage to the system)- missing Windows Updates- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers), older systems, or even pirated systems- low-level driver problems- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html or http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html ).Please get a head start on the hardware diagnostics - they are located here:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.htmlDaemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen both dtsoftbus01.sys and dtscsibus.sys blamed on several occasions).Please un-install the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration):  New link (15 Aug 2012):  http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads (pick the appropriate version for your system and select "Un-install" when you run it).Alternate link:  http://www.disc-tools.com/download/sptdManual procedure here:  http://daemonpro-help.com/en/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.htmlAnalysis:The following is for informational purposes only.[font=lucida console]**************************Thu Jun 11 20:20:10.037 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\061115-6926-01.dmp]
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: [B]7601[/B].18798.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654
System Uptime:[B]0 days 6:03:49.880[/B]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by :[B]igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+15080e )[/B]
BugCheck [B]119, {1, d3aad4, 53aad6, 53aad3}[/B]
BugCheck Info: [url=http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x00000119]VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR (119)[/url]
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000001, The driver has reported an invalid fence ID.
Arg2: 0000000000d3aad4
Arg3: 000000000053aad6
Arg4: 000000000053aad3
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x119
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: [B]X64_0x119_1_DRIVER_REPORTED_INVALID_FENCE_ID_igdkmd64+15080e[/B]
CPUID:        "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz"
MaxSpeed:     2800
CurrentSpeed: [B]2793[/B]
  BIOS Version                  1.03.03RLS1
  BIOS Release Date             04/03/2014
  Manufacturer                  Notebook                &#... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579203/frequent-bsods-for-the-past-month/
Relevancy 26.23%

Just wondering what yall thought. Have my eyes on WinISO and MagicISO. Thanks, guys.

Little edit here: I downloaded both programs, and they seem to be pretty much the same thing. So, any ideas on which is better would be great. Also, does anyone know anything about compression in ISO/bin files? Is it possible to compress? Thanks.

A:best software to create ISO files

What are you trying to do? copy software?!?!? We don't talk about those sorts of thigns here. Catch ya lata.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-software-to-create-iso-files.31246/
Relevancy 69.23%

My 2 yr old pc experiencing bsod about 3x a week this month, plss help

proc: amd athlon II X4 635 (quad)
memory: 2 gb
video: NVDIA Geforece GT 220 (1gb)

A:BSOD three times a month or so

An Nvidia video driver is causing this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-three-times-a-month-or-so.187188/
Relevancy 25.8%

Anyone come across this before?
Dreamweaver MX (V6) will not allow me to insert a table or a layer into a new document, and in a document containing a table it will not allow me to add or remove lines or columns - but I can delete the contents.
Any ideas - this is driving me scatty!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dreamweaver-create-table-option-greyed-out.103209/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello everyone I m experiencing an issue with my month old gaming desktop Randomly during certain games I experience blue screens that occur at various times Sometimes I can play a game for ten minutes sometimes I can t even get into the main menu sometimes I can play for hours etc A little about my computer first I m running Windows on an MSI Z A-GD motherboard with an EVGA NVIDIA GeForce Ti GPU an Intel i - CPU GB of RAM and a Rosewill XTREME Series W PSU along with a Western Digital old PC a Windows month bluescreening custom on WD Black TB HDD and a LITE-ON Black Internal x Blu-Ray combo drive This didn t start happening Windows bluescreening on a month old custom PC until a little over a week ago I was launching Empires Total War when my computer unexpectedly went to the blue screen and restarted I attempted to play again and got about twenty minutes into the game before it happened again I then went and tried a few other games Borderlands Darksiders II EVE Online Torchlight II Saints Row the Third and so on Each game eventually leads to a blue screen in fact all my games do except for League of Legends and I ve tested my RAM with each individual stick I ve done a system restore and even wiped my hard drive to no avail I thought then that it might be a heating issue and grabbed an extra case fan and cleared up some of the wiring inside the case for better air flow but that doesn t seem to have helped much if at all Now I m wondering if it s my video card being faulty I hope it s as simple as that the card is still under warranty and I can send in for a replacement if that s the case Anything you guys have to offer will be great Here s the problem details that pop up after the crash Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA F B BCP FFFFFA F E BCP FFFFF FD OS Version Service Pack Product I know that the guidelines say to post a minidump file with this but whenever I attempt to upload one I get an error saying quot The upload file does not have an allowed extension quot Any idea what I can do to get it up here Also thanks in advance for any help you guys have to offer ETA It also says that I need to contact the administrator and file owner to access it even though I m the admin of the computer and the only one who uses it nbsp

A:Windows bluescreening on a month old custom PC

Okay so I figured it out. I only have one minidump at the moment, I believe the rest were lost during the wipe.

Anyways, here it is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-bluescreening-on-a-month-old-custom-pc.186201/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am working on the following PC OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name WS System Manufacturer INTEL System Model D GBF System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Intel Corp BF A A P SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system in Blue Past the Month 7 Screens Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name WS admin Time Zone Pacific Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available 7 Blue Screens in the Past Month Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB 7 Blue Screens in the Past Month Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys It has had BSOD s in the past month Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer WS Description Error code parameter ddd aadc parameter parameter e da parameter d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters dd c d aadc c e d c a Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer WS Description Error code e parameter c parameter parameter f a c parameter f a d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters c c c f a c c f a Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer WS Description Error code parameter parameter e parameter e parameter c b d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters c e c e c c b Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer WS Description Error code parameter fe parameter f a eac parameter f a e c parameter f b b f d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters c fe f a eac c f a e c c f b b f Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer WS Description Error code e parameter c parameter parameter ee c parameter d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters c c c ee c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer WS Description Error code e parameter c parameter ee f parameter ee d parameter ee cc d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters c c ee f c ee c d ee cc Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer WS Description Error code parameter cbe b parameter parameter ee f parameter d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters cb c e b c ee f c Steps that I have performed I have ran the debuging tools for windows and have logs if anyone is interested in viewing them I have ran memtest Burnin and have tested the Hard drive with seagate drive utility I have ran multiple Virus malware spyware scans and have removed all that was found Malwarebytes hijackthis unhackme spybot ccleaner windows cleanup etc I have updated all the intel drivers and Bios I Have defragmented the HD and have all the latest updates from Microsoft Can someone please help me figure this one out I love a challange but this one has got me boggled Thank you to any and all that can help me Stagnantdata nbsp

A:7 Blue Screens in the Past Month

Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 71.73 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GBClick to expand...

Do you happen to have a 1 Gig card to put in that? (removing the 512Meg card too)

Also can you set the PageFile to Windows default (if not already)

And lastly can you turn off all Windows startups and test again (possibly including un-installing Antivirus or any other live protecting 3rd party program startups)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/7-blue-screens-in-the-past-month.115571/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi

I got another 2 new BSOD's just this month.

attached dmp files.

thanks in adavance

A:2 new BSODs this month

Inside the 2 Minidumps:

BugCheck 7A, {c05cf000, c000000e, b9e0050c, 34354860}
Probably caused by : atapi.sys

BugCheck 1000008E, {80000004, 806ecae1, a10f4130, 0}
Unable to load image igxpmp32.sys, Win32 error 0n2
Probably caused by : pci.sys
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exeClick to expand...

Sorry must go, but I put the faulting process in bold

Initial thoughts
Looks like driver issue. You need to update all your drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-new-bsods-this-month.113554/
Relevancy 69.23%

Month old PC Windows bit BSOD help appreciated Hi Folks my PC has been running great for the last months however now whenever I try and launch a D game the PC will 64-bit, old PC BSOD 7 6-month Windows hit a BSOD within - minutes of launch So far I ve up to date with windows updates updated the BIOS to latest 6-month old PC Windows 7 64-bit, BSOD memtest ed the RAM - passed tried running with just one DIMM updated to the latest video drivers installed the latest direct X chkdsk ed - no problems I m out of ideas now so would really appreciate so help Included dxdiag and last minidumps Thank You -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - DirectX Motherboard CPU Type Intel Core i - K GHz Sandybridge-E Socket LGA Processor - OEM Motherboard Name Asus P X PRO Intel X Socket DDR System Memory Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz DualQuad Channel Kit CMZ GX M A C PSU Corsair Enthusiast Series TX M High Performance W Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply CP- -UK Display Video Adapter - Gainward GeForce GTX Ti quot Phantom quot MB GDDR PCI-Express Monitor HP x LED Series Wide LCD Monitor NoDB CNC P Y Multimedia Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller NoDB Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller NoDB Storage IDE Controller Asmedia x SATA Controller SCSI RAID Controller Intel R C Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller SCSI RAID Controller Marvell xx SATA G Controller OS HDD Crucial RealSSD M GB quot SATA Gbs Solid State Hard Drive CT M SSD Data HDD Samsung SpinPoint F TB SATA-II MB Cache - OEM HD SJ Blue Ray Drive Samsung SH-B LRSBP x BluRay ROM DVDRW DL amp RAM Lightscribe SATA-II Optical Drive Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Mouse HID-compliant mouse Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Network Adapter Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Peripherals Printer Fax Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer USB Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller NoDB USB Device ASUS Bluetooth USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Root Hub USB Device USB Root Hub nbsp

A:6-month old PC Windows 7 64-bit, BSOD

No bug check string, and you should be running DX11. This is a problem with your Nvidia video driver. Do you have the latest?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/6-month-old-pc-windows-7-64-bit-bsod.181387/