Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2000 attempts to send/receive emails using a deleted account's settings??!?:(

Q: Outlook 2000 attempts to send/receive emails using a deleted account's settings??!?:(

Ughh I have a client who has Outlook installed on their server MS Server Standard I m in the process of adding email automation to an Access database using Outlook While setting up Outlook it had never been configured before I used account settings for a Cox account While testing I discovered that I would not be able to use that account failed 2000 Outlook attempts settings??!?:( emails to using a send/receive deleted account's to logon to the smtp server- the client doesn t have an account so it access denied to the Outlook 2000 attempts to send/receive emails using a deleted account's settings??!?:( mail server From there I Outlook 2000 attempts to send/receive emails using a deleted account's settings??!?:( deleted the Cox email account settings and added a gmail account instead All settings have been configured- pop and smtp servers authentication etc however when I attempt to send receive Outlook continues to use the Cox server settings Again the Cox server settings do not exist in the current email account I have set up I ve tried to add and delete the gmail account several times along with trying to reset Outlook to a first run setting but alas nothing has worked Any ideas or does Outlook use an ini file somewhere that may contain the old account settings I ve looked at the account file under users but those settings- for gmail- are correct Thanks for any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-attempts-to-send-receive-emails-using-a-deleted-accounts-settings.1099275/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2000 attempts to send/receive emails using a deleted account's settings??!?:(

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 107.5%

Hi all,
I have a buddy who has a new dell laptop connected wirelessly to a linksys router. He can only receive mail when using send/receive. Outbound mail sends automatically. I have checked the send receive options and is set to automatically s/r every minute.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 101.05%

I've been using Outlook 2010 for a couple of years with multiple Gmail accounts without any problems until today.

One of my Gmail accounts can receive emails but cannot send. When testing the account settings the attached error message appears.

Haven't made any changes to the account setting to date.

A:Outlook 2010 Can receive emails but cannot send

https://productforums.google.com/for...B1-25-false%5D

looks like quite a number of gmail users are facing this issue. Might need to wait for an answer from google.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/340559-outlook-2010-can-receive-emails-but-cannot-send.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I just installed some updates on my computer yesterday and today. The result: no emails are received through Outlook 2007. I also cannot send out any emails either. Therefore I deleted all the new installed updates. However, it's still not working. What do I need to do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-receive-or-send-emails-through-outlook-2007.1132783/
Relevancy 101.05%

I have computers in my home office of them are running Vista with Outlook The other one is running XP with Outlook Everything was working fine on all the computers until a week ago Without any changes the computers running Outlook would not send receive but in send, Outlook emails not 2007 Can e-mails We are using godaddy for our Can send, but not receive emails in Outlook 2007 incoming e-mails and comcast for our outgoing e-mails All the settings are the same on all computers servers ports etc The computer using Outlook can receive and send e-mails The computers using Outlook are not sending emails correctly When you send an email on these computers the e-mail will go into the sent folder The e-mail is not getting hung up in the outbox That is what is really driving me crazy I am getting no error messages One of the things that is really intriguing is that when someone e-mails you can reply and the reply will reach the receipient about the time It basically depends who the e-mail is sent from The computer that is using Outlook works perfectly fine Same exact settings as the computers using Outlook I have tried to call godaddy Comcast and everybody always blames the other I'm beginning to think it is a problem with Outlook Any help would be much appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/can-send-but-not-receive-emails-in-outlook-2007-a-304467.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Had an issue where outlook would receive emails but not send It was Outlook on Windows The issue was that my broadband internet and email account was with one ISP but I was temporarily using a wireless broadband USB from another ISP to connect to the internet I am will send Solved: Outlook receive emails not but from Australia and my broadband account is with Optus so therefore I have an Optus email account but I was temporarily connecting with a Telstra wireless broadband USB which caused the problem Turns out that I needed to activate SMTP Authentication to fix this issue This option is usually in the outgoing mail settings The reason you have to do this is that the ISPs have to authenticate you before you can send via their servers when you are accessing the internet via a different ISP I have since learned that this problem can occur anytime you are away from your usual internet connection If you are with Optus or any particular ISP you will have issues Solved: Outlook will receive but not send emails sending from Outlook if you connect via another ISP without selecting the option for SMTP Authentication Was such a simple fix but took me so long to find so wanted to post the solution in case anyone has the same frustrating issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-will-receive-but-not-send-emails.1012005/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi there,

My name is Per Hogseth and I am living in Trondheim, Norway.

I have my own website here:
www.powerful-psychic-reading.com

and last Friday I suddenly couldn`t send emails with Outlook Express.

No trouble receiving emails. Nobody seems to be able to help me.

All setting in Outlook are correct. I must emphazise that.

Here is the error message I receive when trying to send:

Account: 'pehogset', Server: 'smtp.online.no', Protocoll: SMTP, Port: 25, Sikker (SSL): No, contakt error: 10060, Error code: 0x800CCC0E

I am so frustrated about this, and hope that somebody can be of help.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Per Hogseth
mail to: [email protected]

A:I can receive but not send emails with Outlook Express

it is most likely a configuration problem. look to see if the ingoing and outgoing server is the same, eg, pop.online.no and smtp.online.no. server means the name of your internet provider. aol, ntlworl, tiscali etc. incoming port 110, out port 25.
make sure that you have not inserted a space or a comma in error within the names of server

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-receive-but-not-send-emails-with-outlook-express.68262/
Relevancy 101.05%

I am about to give up. Windows XP computer. Been using Outlook 2002 for more than 10 years. My laptop was compromised so I bought an identical machine and created an almost identical hard drive. I imported my outlook pst file and everything works except that it will not send emails. I get errors that it cannot connect to the comcast server. I have changed the passwords and ports about 50 times with no success. I now have two identical laptops with identical email account set ups. The old one still works but the new one does not. I think it may have to do with the registry but I dont know how to fix it. Does anyone have an idea? Thank you in advance.

A:Outlook 2002 will not send emails but will receive

For the correct settings see
http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-will-not-send-emails-but-will-receive.1150258/
Relevancy 101.05%

In Outlook I can t send or receive emails I keep getting error message x b - re operation timed out waiting for a response from the recieving POP server I have contacted my ISP who has checked out outlook can't send or receive emails 2003 my outlook 2003 can't send or receive emails email settings which by the way work on my laptop The ISP technician suggested I reinstall MS Outlook which I have done Microsoft suggests that I might have a clash with my email anti-virus program which is Trend Micro P-Cillin Internet security Outlook runs and opens the calendar updates but the emails just stopped sending and receiving at the end of April In desperation I set up an account in Outlook Express with the same settings and it worked I am connected to the internet via an adsl router modem There are two other computers on the router all receiving and sending emails I still think its a block somewhere from P-Cillin but can t prove it My subscription is ending in the next few weeks for P-Cillin internet security so I thought I might not renew and take it off the computer But remembering the problem I had with removing Nortons on another computer last year I also would like advice before I try to remove P-Cillin Internet Security Any suggestions to get the emails going again would be welcome or help in removal of P-Cillin nbsp

Relevancy 101.05%

PLEASE HELP!!! I have recently installed quickbook 2008 and designated MS Outlook 2003 to send emails. Now I can send emails through Outlook but cannot receive. Tried ticking the send/receive button but nothing happen. Cannot go to "define send/receive group" for setting.

A:Cannot receive emails in outlook 2003, but can send

Hi dtran72329

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Why are you unable to go to Define Send/Receive group?
What happens when you try?

Please post the exact error message you receive when trying to Receive messages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-receive-emails-in-outlook-2003-but-can-send.744029/
Relevancy 101.05%

I don't know how this happened.  Last night I was looking at all my mail and I guess I clicked something because all at once all my emails disappeared from the Inbox.  I still have everything in the sent folder but nothing in my inbox.  I tried emailing myself but no luck.  It shows up ion the Sent folder. That's it.

Can you help me, please?  I have a Toshiba laptop, if that means anything.

Mod Edit:  Removed email addy...which, according to you doesn't work...as protection from spambots - Hamluis.

A:Outlook 2007 will send but not receive emails

Mod Edit:  Removed email addy...which, according to you doesn't work...as protection from spambots - Hamluis.
I don't know what you're talking about. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516929/outlook-2007-will-send-but-not-receive-emails/
Relevancy 99.76%

So we are using an exchange server here and outlook is not sending mail. It can receive it, but it can send it. The mail just sits in the Outbox. Here is the funny thing I noticed. You can create emails and click send, but they go directly to outbox, no further. Then in the tool bar there is no Send/Receive button and I can't add it back in via the customize toolbar menu. It seems to have disappeared from there as well. Any help? Anyone?

I saw alot of people ask this question online, but not alot of answers.

A:Outlook 2003-No Send/Receive Button, Emails do come in...

are you hosting your own exchange servers? must be something not configured properly there...

try to add a pop/imap or web email like gmail or hotmail to outlook to verify that you can send receive fine and the problem is that the server is not configured properly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-no-send-receive-button-emails-do-come-in.839385/
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi

I've set up my outlook 2007 account and it was working fine but now it doesn't send or receive email, all the email I want to send go to the Outbox. It's very irritating!!!!

I deleted my outlook account several times and made a new one but it still doesn't work. The information sent to me was to for incoming mail server was POP3. Port 110
and outgoing mail server SMTP. Port 25.

I used pop.secureserver.net for incoming and smtpout.secureserver.net for outgoing.

I have also checked 'My outgoing server(SMTP) requires notification' but still no hope.
Also to mention the Password icon popping up every so often even though I have requested my password to be saved.
please help me if you can!

Thanks Hasher:

Relevancy 98.9%

Weird... (Affects both Outlook and Outlook Express)

Machine with Win 2000 SP4, office 2000 SR1a

No error message is coming up, and emails are getting out, but not in... they just sit on the email server.

This is the only machine I'm having problems with, and I've double-checked the config as being correct.

I had Installed Office 2000 ,Sr-1a, SP2 and SP3, BUT:

I had problems with the Office 2000 SR1a install: when it launched, I had a "Error 1706"... So I uninstalled and started again, but the problem is still there.
Any thoughts?

A:Outlook 2000 SR-1a and OLE: can send but not receive

You say you've checked the configuration, so maybe you've checked on this, too. But I have to ask -- have you put a checkmark in the box that says to include this account when checking for incoming mail?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-sr-1a-and-ole-can-send-but-not-receive.369887/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello All I use Microsoft Outlook and am unable to send any Emails at all even to myself for the last two days but have able to receive them from others The computer is a Dell Optiplex GX system is Microsoft Windows XP Prof Version SP CPU MB RAM My Web browser is Mozilla Firefox internet provider Time Warner Cable and they would not help me as they said my email is a third party even though my email is a Time Warner email address and they do not support any third party emails I have restored the computer But to in Outlook Emails 2003 Receive send Unable Microsoft Can twice back to when the Email worked properly to no avail I have avast antivirus Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive running continually and I ran Malwarebytes anti-malware which only came up with some Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive PUPs and that didn't help When I checked the error message that appeared in the lower right of the screen it said- Task 'pop-server ca rr com-Sending'reportederror x CCC 'Unable to send the message Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties The server responeded Authentication is required before sending R I went to the Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive email settings under Tools and under Outgoing Server I checked off Outgoing server needs authentication That didn t help even after restarting Now I keep getting the small rectangle that says Enter network password I have no idea what that password is when I enter the email password that does nothing and that small screen won t go away When I close email it reopens and I get new emails with that Enter Network Password screen popping up again and I still can t send any emails Under Tools-Email Account-Change-Test Account-Settings here is what I got Tests Establish network connection Completed Find Outgoing mail Server SMTP Completed Find Incoming Mail Server POP Completed Log onto Mail Server PO Failed Send Test email Failed Errors Outlook could not connect to the SMTP mail server because the server did not accept your user name or password Logon to incoming mail server POP Outlook could not connect to the incoming POP mail server because the server did not accept your user name and password I would appreciate any help you can give me As I am not very good with computers and only know the basics please explain things and all instructions in the simplest of terms I prefer to keep my email account as it is because I would like all my emails in one place Thank you in advance

A:Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive

You might try posting the issue in the Time Warner customer help forum in the Email category.http://forums.timewarnercable.com/Hopefully someone there will be able to help you get this issue resolved.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553056/unable-to-send-emails-in-microsoft-outlook-2003-but-can-receive/
Relevancy 97.61%

Hello all I m having a little trouble with Outlook It seems I can t send or receive my mail any more As soon as the program opens the auto send and receive starts but nothing happens Then I get an error message saying Illegal Operation has occurred at PSTPRX DLL at ff a I have tried reinstalling Outlook from the repair option on the Office CD I have turned off everything running in the background but no luck I problem 2000 send/receive Outlook did notice that if I move the error message box off to the side instead of hitting the close button I can continue Outlook 2000 send/receive problem working in Outlook Everything else is functioning but the send receive I am running Windows SE on a dell Pentium Also Scanpst exe was not an option Also tried looking for In-box repair tool but no luck I have also tried renaming the outcmd dat file and restarting Outlook but nothing seems to be working I m running out of options so any and all help will be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Don nbsp

Relevancy 97.61%

I was running MS office 2003 for a while, but decided to return to Office 2000. After reloading the program, Outlook would not send or receive mail. When I try to send mail, the status box comes up immediately and tells me the requested tasks were completed successfully. Other wise Outlook seems to be properly installed.

Joe

A:MS Outlook 2000 Will not send or receive mail

Have you verified your POP and SMTP settings are correct?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-2000-will-not-send-or-receive-mail.427195/
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi Everyone A work colleague send code 0x8000000600 error but 2007 emails can receive Outlook not came to me with a strange error that was occurring with his Outlook program My colleague reported that he was able to send messages Outlook 2007 error code 0x8000000600 can send but not receive emails but not receive them Outlook was also supplying a cryptic error message x A Google search failed to turn up any results on the error code x and the standard actions such as restarting my colleagues PC and restarting the email server software MDaemon Standard on the server failed to produce a positive outcome I turned my attention toward the humble PST file and decided that creating a new PST would be a good course of action After creating the new PST file I set it to be the default file for future mail receipt My solution was a success and my colleague is now able to send and receive emails as normal with the one change being that his mail is now delivered to the new PST file which I created The fix goes as follows Close Outlook Open Control Panel Open Mail Control Panel Item The Mail Setup Outlook dialog will now be displayed Click on Data Files The Account Settings dialog will now be displayed Click on Add The New Outlook Data File dialog will now be displayed Click on OK The Create or Open Outlook Data File dialog will now be displayed The default file name of Personal Folders pst is likely to be displayed Either accept the file name or type one of your liking e g OutlookNEW pst Click OK The Create Microsoft Personal Folders dialog will now be presented The name Personal Folders will be presented this is the name that will be shown for the folder in the navigation pane of Outlook left hand side Either accept this name or type one of your liking e g New Outlook Folder Enter password details or leave blank By default there is no password and this is the setting that I chose Click OK At this point you will see the Account Settings dialog again and you will see an additional PST file in the list of folders Click on Close The Mail Setup Outlook dialog will be presented again The first step of the fix is now complete a new data file has been created We now must set the new file to be the default mail recipient Click on Email Accounts The Account Settings dialog will be presented again this time your Email account s will be displayed Select your email account from the list click on it so that it is highlighted Click on Change Folder bottom left of the dialog The New E-mail Delivery Location dialog will now be presented Under Choose a folder you will see a list of folders including the one that you created earlier If you gave your newly created PST file a unique name e g OutlookNEW pst you will see a folder with the name OutlookNew or a folder name which corresponds to the file name that you chose earlier around step If you didn t choose a unique file name for your new PST file e g you chose Personal Folders pst or similar you will need to double click each folder entry The entry that does not expand is the new file that you created earlier If a folder expands after being double clicked it will show Inbox Sent Items etc under it Select your newly created folder highlight it Click on New Outlook Data File The New Outlook Data File dialog will now be presented Click on OK The Create or Open Outlook Data File dialog will now be presented Select the PST file that you created earlier at Step amp The Personal Folders dialog will now be presented Click on OK The New E-mail Delivery Location dialog will be presented again Click on Cancel The Account Settings dialog will be presented again Click on the Change Folder button again The New E-mail Delivery Location dialog will be presented again Locate your new folder again Double click on it This time you will notice after double clicking your newly created folder that it contains an Inbox sub-entry Select Inbox under your new folder Click on OK Congratulations the default mail deli... Read more

A:Outlook 2007 – error code – 0x8000000600 – can send but not receive emails

bit of a long shot

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3844224.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-%C2%96-error-code-%C2%96-0x8000000600-%C2%96-can-send-but-not-receive-emails.931329/
Relevancy 97.18%

I have been driven Outlook 2007 Gmail account cannot in send/receive mad for the last - weeks Been looking for so many Gmail account cannot send/receive in Outlook 2007 solutions but can't really find anything definitive out there The one thing I did find I got stuck and could not find any additional help on it Anyway's I have Vista Home Premium x and I was trying to hook up my Gmail account to Outlook It can neither send or recieve it goes to like Gmail account cannot send/receive in Outlook 2007 then gets the following error message quot Task quot lt username gt gmail com Receiving reported error x outlook cannot connect to your incoming POP e-email server I tried re-installs as what was recommended deleting the account checking the firewalls even turned the whole thing off to check but same problem I have checked the settings time and time again and they are correct pop gmail com smtp gmail com I have tried the Safe Networking Mode and it works but I need it to work in Normal mode I know many recommendations say debugging etc but wondering if there are any updates etc that I need to add or remove to make it work in normal mode Oh I have turned on the TELNET client and tried to telnet pop gmail com but kept getting the following error TELNET POP GMAIL COM CONNECTING TO POP GMAIL COM COULD NOT OPEN CONNECTION TO THE HOST ON PORT CONNECT FAILED Does the problem lie here I also tried to look for help on this but got really nothing I check to see how to open a port on the firewall but nothing definitive any help here I can ping pop gmail com and get the IP address which I have also tried which does not work I also ran TRACERT POP GMAIL COM it completes within the recommended hops and at the end I get quot Trace Complete quot and I don't see any weird errors This is all from my home I don't reckon it's anything to do with my provider since I can run my Gmail from XP using Oulook with no problems I guess its a Vista x thing Telnet opening the ports etc Any help is appreciated

A:Gmail account cannot send/receive in Outlook 2007

>>>>"Task" <username>@gmail.com Receiving reported error (0x80042108) outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-email server.

What do you use as your account type ?
IMAP or POP3 ?

If you are using IMAP, then your Incoming mail server is ....
imap.gmail.com, port #993
not
pop.gmail.com, port #995

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/290444-gmail-account-cannot-send-receive-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 89.87%

There was an accidental deletion of a lot of emails from outlook 2000. I don't think there was any exchange type stuff and I've tried things like "tools > recover deleted items" which is not there in Outlook 2000. They were not archived either, i don't think. Is there any way that I can recover these emails. They were business related and it is a catastrophe that they are gone.

A:Recovering Accidental Deleted Emails in Outlook 2000

A little more info may be needed.
Lets start with is this a business or home computer?
Operating System?
If business, does it use Active Directory and an Exchange eMail Server?
* If there is an IT Department for Exchange, they may be able to assist
Where was the email deleted from? Inbox? Personal Folders?
* If deleted from Personal Folders, running Scanpost may resolve it, but that is only if you are using the term 'Deleted' freely to simply mean the mail is missing as opposed to knowing for certain that the Delete function was invoked.
If Home Computer, what eMail service do you use? Gmail? Outlook (formerly Hotmail), Live Mail ?
* Removing and re-creating the Outlook account will trigger some email provider services to restore quite a bit of previously received, viewed, and deleted emails from their systems. Some services Tech Support can also provide assistance and recovery from their servers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovering-accidental-deleted-emails-in-outlook-2000.1113019/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi everyone,

Thank you for taking time to read my post. This started this morning; when i hit "send/receive" button, Outlook does its usual process and at the bottom right corner it shows the progress and it shows I recieve w/o any loss, but I don't see it in my reading pane. Plus after Outlook finishes "send/receive", it'll sometimes shut down. running Win xp srvc pk 2. Also when i restart i get a light blue screen and its performing a "Checking File System C:", and when it's done then it'll go to the login screen; any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

-afs16554-

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-deosnt-show-emails-after-i-hit-send-receive.449538/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi! I have changed computers (from a '98 to an XP) and have set up all my email accounts in Outlook 2000. Don't want to use Outlook Express because it interferes with attachments people send me.

My problem is that it won't let me select which address I am sending from! This creates great confusion for the customers of our three businesses. I have clicked on the Options button as Outlook advises but it keeps telling me that it is out of memory and to close other programs and try again. This even happens when there is nothing else open.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Ronlyn
Victoria, Australia

A:Outlook 2000 Want to specify which e-mail account to use to send

When you come to send the message, instead of using the SEND button, there is a tiny arrow just to the right of it. Click on that and it will drop down a list of the accounts you have set up for you to choose which to send from.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-want-to-specify-which-e-mail-account-to-use-to-send.444279/
Relevancy 86%

Situation I have a domain email 2000 - using automatically on used. contact specific send Outlook account based let s Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used. call it mydomain com and a whole bunch of domain email aliases eg email protected email protected etc that all forward to my ISP pop email address account default account I currently have rules setup so that emails sent to certain aliases at mydomain com which all come into my IPS email account go to their associated folders setup in Outlook eg email protected goes to the quot Jim quot folder email protected goes to the quot Mike quot folder etc etc I also have a LAN email account setup in this copy of Outlook although it s not set Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used. as my default Emails on my LAN account use a virtual domain name to send within the network let s call it mylanaccount com Rather than have the emails go to folders on my computer I d rather they be forwarded on to the relevant address on our LAN eg emails that came in from email protected would be forwarded to email protected Of course because mylanaccount com is a virtual domain that doesn t exist in the big wide internet these emails need to be forwarded on using the LAN account not my default ISP pop email account Queries Ideally I d like to setup a rule with something like Check messages when they arrive Sent to people or distribution list quot Forward it to people or distribution list using the specified account quot Of course this last option does not exist You can only choose to quot Forward it to people or distribution list quot There s no option to specify the account a Are there any add-ons for Outlook that let you do this b Does this rule exist in later versions of Outlook otherwise Using Outlook is it possible to make it so that specific contacts have a specific account used when sending emails to them a If not are there any add-ons that can do this b Is this possible in newer versions of Outlook I ve looked around but the closest relevant thread I could find was this one t ---link had to be removed sorry--- Any help is very much appreciated Cheers Chris nbsp

A:Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used.

1b. & 2b.: Doesn't look that way here in Outlook 2003. Have you thought about spending $7 to 9/month per person and get an Exchange Server hosting account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-automatically-send-email-using-specific-account-based-on-contact-used.407241/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi I am having trouble sending emails, they end up sitting in my outbox with the following error message.

The connection to the server has failed.
Subject 'help'
Server: 'mail.bigpond.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10013

I have updated windows and repaired the program. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program, I have contact Telstra (my service provided) and Microsoft to no avail and now I am at a loss as to what to do next. I am no computer whiz ..... just trying to get my email to work. Does anyone have any idea as to what I can do next? Many thanks

A:Can receive emails but cannot send

Welcome to Seven Forums leeannes. What antivirus/security suite do you use? Often this is an issue with security programs and you can test by temporarily disabling your antivirus.

Also, the Telstr mail help page says the outgoing port should be SSL and port 587

Quote:
Outgoing Server Settings:
SMTP Server: mail.bigpond.com
Security: This server requires a secure connection (TLS or SSL Encryption depending on the mail client you're using)
If you are currently using Outlook, Mac Mail, iPhones, Windows Phones, Android's please use TLS.
Port: Default SSL Port 587

Accessing email on holiday

Have a look at the answer on this thread. It also mentions port 587. If unsure, ask Telstra whether the port should be 587. I often see where mail servers used to use port 25 (no SSL), and now use 587.

I can receive emails but i cannot send them....Does anybody know how - Microsoft Community

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/310584-can-receive-emails-but-cannot-send.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I manage five computers three are mine and two are my daughters All these have been working fine for Cannot send receive emails or years but on two of them Cannot send or receive emails after an Avast upgrade from version to emails have stopped going out or coming in I have uninstalled Avast and still does not work On the Windows Ultimate computer I even did a repair install Everything went OK but the email still does not work The funny thing is that on this same computer that has a dual boot for Windows XP and Windows Ultimate Windows XP has still the Avast installed and everything is working fine Windows Ultimate with Avast removed doesn't work When I say doesn't work I mean every kind of email client like Eudora and any program that uses email notifications like Acronis even a very simple Perl script that I have used for years nothing The exact same thing is happening on one of my daughter's computer This problem is only on two computers the rest are still working fine I tried to solve this problem with Avast but they did not help much I believe that Avast changed something in the registry that is causing this and that even after uninstalling something must be left there to block the emails I hope you will be able to help otherwise I will have to do a fresh install but that is a lot of work Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394082-cannot-send-receive-emails.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I can't receive or send emails in my outlook.com account

this happened after i received a message from the outlook support team saying that my account space was getting full and that if I did not click on a prompt to go through a confirmation process, i would not be able to receive future emails.... funnily this took me to some strange blocked screen page that WARNED about the dangers of continuing. I however on two attempts clicked to continue and that was it!

I have since tried with all help but to no avail. Could someone kindly help.
it is an outlook.com account

Thank you

Fiifi

A:can't receive or send emails

was this a scam
Your mailbox has exceeded the storage limit

Outlook.com tends to grow with you - unless it changes fast
starts at 5GB and then can increase

If you are a 365 user , i think the limits are different

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/cant-receive-or-send-emails-1067954.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, I wonder if you can help a complete novice? I have a Sony Viao with Vista and whilst using a wireless network i am unable to send emails using windows mail. I can receive them but it keeps coming up with error number 0x800CCCOF.

HELLPPPPP!!!!
Clairep

Relevancy 84.71%

I can Can't send can but emails receive read emails in preview only My address book contacts list is missing says no contacts to display I can t restore computer as data execution protection kicks in and prevents restore I have tried - oh have I tried - to disable this thing but it keeps kicking in no matter what I say to allow me to execute the restore wizard I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook express internet explorer but the data execution protection kicks in here as well or it says there is a more up to date version on the pc My wife Can't send emails but can receive logs in on this PC and in her side everything is OK I maybe naiive but I tried copying her outlook express folder and put it in mine but the wab file still seems to be wrong and reinvenitng itself in a wrong way I am at a loss what to do as I have some important emails to respond to other than making notes and then openinig up my wifes OE and responding from there requesting reply to my side I would like all sensible suggestions as to what to do to resolve my problems I have thought virus Can't send emails but can receive of course but have kept this firmly up to date since I was attacked on a previous computer and had to ditch it and start again with this newer PC I think something is corrupt but do not know the best way to find the solution which will enable me to send forward make new emails and to use my address book which is still in my application data address book Although the one in outlok express folder is not this one and it will not delete to allow me to replace it Help nbsp

Relevancy 83.85%

I posted a topic a couple of days ago re this problem. I thought it was solved, but I was only able to access my emails once, then the next day the problem was back.

The problem is that I receive the following message when trying to send or receive emails.

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'pop.onetel.net', Server: 'smtp.onetel.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19
UNQUOTE

Last time I found the file pop3uidl and deleted it. This worked and I was able to access my emails on one occasion. Then, the problem was back.

I'm totally confused as to what to do next. I've tried lengthening the downloading time and turning off the email scanning.

I've accessed my emails via the web and there are no large emails there.

Any ideas please?
Thanks

A:Unable To Send Or Receive Emails Yet Again!

According to MS, this can occur when your have your antivirus turned on to scan Emails. Try completely turning off your AV (hopefully your server will have already scanned the Emails) and see if you can retrieve them with your Email Client (which IS?)See:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;813518Post back if either you have actually turned it completely off, or if this does not resolve the problem.Regards,John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41169/unable-to-send-or-receive-emails-yet-again/
Relevancy 83.85%

I am able to browse the web. I can also receive emails - but cannot send them. When I press to create new message a small screen appears which states (only) that a problem has ocurred!This situation arose after a series of updates which took over an hour to absorb by my machine.Any Help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavilion-15-Can-receive-but-cannot-send-emails/td-p/5812272
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi people to Unable or send emails receive I cannot receive or send emails on Vista Windows Mail This infuriating situation Unable to receive or send emails occurred exactly one month after Unable to receive or send emails receiving the new computer with Vista Home Premium already installed My old computer is connected as a small network When the problem initially occurred on th June it said quot Receiving of quot but never did and after a while to hr I logged off and logged on again but to no avail I thought maybe a big photo or something was coming in but nothing eventuated I accessed my email via Optus Web Mail and saw that there was nothing there bigger than KB The main error message I receive is - Account 'mail optusnet com au' Server 'mail optusnet com au' Protocol POP Port Secure SSL No Error Number x CCC I have telephoned Optus Australia times but they insist it is a Windows Mail corruption problem No one was able to tell me what this error message actually means Another issue that may also be connected was when I downloaded a trial version of a home video editing programme It cut the day trial by about days finishing on June st June the first I thought Why June st I asked on the forum but they could not explain why Does anyone have any ideas on this Windows Mail crash please Thanks

A:Unable to receive or send emails

Hello & welcome Amazed,
What security progs are you using?
Have you done a google search for "Windows Mail Time Out Error 0x800CCC19"?
Have you looked under "Vista Tutorials' [top of page ] - W - Windows mail? There are quite a few entries there that may be of help.
You said that you had contacted your ISP for help.
Have you contacted Microsoft for help / support?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/231402-unable-receive-send-emails.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello

I have outlook express 6 and windows xp. When I try to access my emails it just says "connecting" but it never connects and I eventually get the message

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'pop.onetel.net', Server: 'smtp.onetel.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19
UNQUOTE

I've tried lengthening the time before time outs happen, but it still doesn't work.

Someone suggested creating a new email profile but I can't find a way of doing that.

I've contacted my ISP and they had me check all the passwords etc and then said it must be a microsoft outlook problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A:Unable To Send Or Receive Emails

See if this helps:How to deal with error number 0x800CCC19

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40789/unable-to-send-or-receive-emails/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello Everyone
Due to my Windows XP ceased to being supported I have bought a new HP Pavilion 500-245ea desktop, intel core i5,6gb ram 2 TB Hard drive., with Windows 8.1 OS installed
I have tried and tried to send and receive emails with Outlook.com but I cannot get it to work, I have asked my 20 years old Grandson to have a go as well but without success, Outlook is now blocking every thing we try.
What are we doing wrong????? Would you help me please, this is very frustrating as every thing else seems to be working fine and of course so much faster than my old computer.
Hoping to hear from you soon desmo11225

Relevancy 82.99%

I know they will not get any of the features and they will not be able use Outlook or any other email clients. However, can they still send and receive emails w/o any MS licenses using the OWA?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628812/sendreceive-emails-without-ms-licenses-on-office-365/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi guys The title for this topic isn't quite correct I can send emails on all my email addresses But as of March I haven't been able to receive emails on my main email address Except for one email over and over again but its send date is stuck at March I can read the emails I'm not receiving by going to my ISP website However as 25/2016 receive but I not emails, March Since them can send of yesterday I have re-directed those emails to come to me via another of my emails Both come to my PC with Since March 25/2016 I can send emails, but not receive them Thunderbird The only email I am receiving on my Since March 25/2016 I can send emails, but not receive them main email address is in itself neither spam or bogus In fact it is or at least it started out being sent from a credible and responsible source They are a reputable online petition company one that I have been signed up with for some years My thinking is that this is a fault or glitch in Thunderbird I could uninstall that particular email address then re-install it But my concern is would I lose all my other data and drafts and then not regain then after the re-install Bit worrying

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609469/since-march-252016-i-can-send-emails-but-not-receive-them/
Relevancy 82.56%

My Sent Items and Inbox folders became filled with emails on Tuesday and I was unable to send Emails Connection Sends Won't with but - good Emails Receive Internet Outlook Express or receive emails until I removed several thousand old emails from both folders which I did then the system was running Outlook Express Won't Receive Emails - but Sends Emails with good Internet Connection fine again as of late Tuesday I discovered this Outlook Express Won't Receive Emails - but Sends Emails with good Internet Connection problem Outlook Express Won't Receive Emails - but Sends Emails with good Internet Connection when I attempted to send emails with attachments making the emails around megabytes each in size I did not realize that the recipient s system could not handle any email more than megabytes - thus my Outlook Express kept trying to send these emails every minute for hours until I discovered the problem I had to delete around email notifications that the recipient could not receive emails at that size and that my email boxes were full I corrected these problems and relocated the emails from my Outlook Box to Drafts until the recipient can change his settings All day Wednesday yesterday I was able to send amp receive emails without a problem This morning I was sending amp recieving as well then all of a sudden I was unable to receive any emails When Outlook attempts to receive I briefly see a box with the number of emails attempting to be received then I get an Unknown Error message I am able to send emails without any problem and my Internet connection has been stable all day I ve rebooted turned on amp off Outlook I even disconnected my Internet connection then reconnected it I ve checked my Outlook settings and they are fine I also turned off my Firewall - just in case that was it Any suggestions nbsp

A:Outlook Express Won't Receive Emails - but Sends Emails with good Internet Connection

Hi rherrygers

Have you attempted to logon to your ISP's mail server to see what messages are still on the mail server along with determining the size of the messages?
Outlook Express may be timing out trying to download a message that is larger than normal.
Did you also send yourself a copy of the message with the attachment?

Can you post the exact error message please?
If the Send/Receive window is not appearing, you can make it appear by double clicking the area marked in red here:
When the Send/Receive window appears, click the Errors tab, right click on the error message and select Copy and paste the error message here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-express-wont-receive-emails-but-sends-emails-with-good-internet-connection.574552/
Relevancy 82.13%

I changed my password in Windows Live Mail and now receive error message when I try to send emails.

A:Cannot send or receive emails in windows live mail

You must change it on the email website too

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/352989-cannot-send-receive-emails-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Could anyone throw light on a problem that's developed that seemed to happen when I tried a firewall called 'Comodo' ( having unistalled It). I have 'Avast' , 'Spyware Detector' by Max Secure, I also have 'Wincustomize' and 'Stardock' accounts and 'Incredimail' . Avast and spyware detector will not update, I get error connecting to sites. My incredimail cannot send or receive email. I cannot connect to wincustmize or stardock accounts, I receive error with there also. I've tried SFC /Scannow, etc ( which did nothing to sort things out).Tried system restore, Used ccleaner, registry cleaners. I don't know or think what to do next short of reinstalling xp home. Everything else works fine on the system, I don't have any problems with internet or downloading software.

Relevancy 81.27%

Hi folks From yesterday I can t any more either send or receive an email message via my Outlook Each time I try to do it I receive in the Outlook Send Receive Progress window one of the following error notices Task MyAccountName - Sending reported error x F The operation failed An object could not be found or Task MyAccountName - Receiving reported error x F The operation failed An object could not be found Background I m on Windows XP Yesterday I did my usual weekly PC maintenance works This time I went a little bit further then usually and removed some entries from the registry and I was stupid enough not to backup it Though the removed entries had nothing to do with MS Office products after this cleaning Word and Outlook stopped functioning I repaired MS products from the installation CD and after that Outlook and Word came back but when I tried to send a message I received the I via Solved: can't Outloook: emails or 0x8004010F send either receive error mentioned above error notice Solved: I can't either send or receive emails via Outloook: 0x8004010F error After that I re-installed MS Office from scratch but it still doesn t function It functions neither with a new Outlook pst file nor with that I took from my backup When I go to Tools gt E-mail Accounts gt View or change existing e-mail accounts and click the button Test Account Settings everything works fine I have no idea what to do and I haven t managed to find a solution on the web Please help me Regards Nikita Kobrin nbsp

A:Solved: I can't either send or receive emails via Outloook: 0x8004010F error

I have already got the solution here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=29&threadID=41423&messageID=486009

Nikita

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-cant-either-send-or-receive-emails-via-outloook-0x8004010f-error.286056/
Relevancy 81.27%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Virus/Trojan programs send all or slow very emails receive cant system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee Virus/Trojan cant send or receive emails all programs very slow com agent mcagent exe C Virus/Trojan cant send or receive emails all programs very slow Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C program files HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C WINDOWS system SearchFilterHost exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C program files spybot Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO CIEDownload Object - BCF - FC- - DC -D D E A B - C Program Files SMART Technologies Notebook Software NotebookPlugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SiteAdvisor quot C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe runkey O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run SpybotS... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virus-trojan-cant-send-or-receive-emails-all-programs-very-slow-287324.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Seems like a DNS problem or something? Webmail works fine, old Email account under same domain works fine, just not new account under any domain. Checked settings, software, tried alternative configs (different Pop servers, the IP instead of the name, etc). Uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook, deleted and recreated the Pop account both in Outlook and on the hosting company, still nothing. Checked settings a hundred times of course. The environment is a Windows 2003 Small business Server, the clients are all Win XP Pro running DHCP with DNS and DHCP running on the server.

Any other ideas??? My hosting company and anyone else I talked to already thre w in the towel! Help! thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-send-but-cant-receive-except-when-logging-on-with-colleagues-account.48509/
Relevancy 79.55%

Server 'mail gumani net' Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC E Protocol SMTP Port Secure SSL No Socket Error Hi I m currently using Windows Live mail and I have switched from Windows mail which had worked for me perfectly However upon switching to Windows Live mail I discover this error after to Live - emails, receive only Mail can 2011 Error Windows send Unable several weeks of good usage I Windows Live Mail 2011 Error - Unable to send emails, only can receive have tried to narrow down the possibilities of this error to a few below - My ISP is working fine no issue It worked Windows Live Mail 2011 Error - Unable to send emails, only can receive well on my outlook - it can send and receive - Weeks after I switch from Windows Mail to Windows Live mail it worked very well - it can send and receive - I notice that on the top right hand corner there is a sign in icon Previously I didn t sign in and it still worked perfectly - I have tried wireless and wired connection both worked perfectly online Both allows my Windows Live mail to receive emails but I just can t send emails out - I have tried to change SMTP to Port but it didnt work Port seems proper - My WLMaccount is sync via POP IMAP I have POP - I have tried to windows update and did Windows Live Essential repair restart WLM delete emails from outbox restart Laptop but it still didnt work Maybe its also helpful to point out that it was after I installed Microsoft Security Essential that this issue came up Previously I had Norton and there were no issues After I uninstall Norton and install MSE I start to encounter this However when I tried to turn MSE off and tried sending the email it is still the same error I have also compare my settings with this link however it remains consistant So it beats me why am I having this error Your kind help are appreciated Its very important that I resolve this issue Josh

A:Windows Live Mail 2011 Error - Unable to send emails, only can receive

I have found the issue. My company has blocked SMTP emails from sending and my port was 26 instead of 25.

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/268885-windows-live-mail-2011-error-unable-send-emails-only-can-receive.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi
I need some help using windows live mail. I get this error

Unable to send or receive messages for the pop.broadband.rogers.com account. The connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com'
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10061

A:Unable to send or receive messages for the pop.broadband.rogers.com account

MMO,

You really need to contact the support folks for your email account. It could be a firewall or anti-virus software issue. You could turn off both to see if the problem goes away.

Also, you would receive mail form the listed POP server. You would send email through a different (SMTP) server.

S-

http://www.vistax64.com/software/182264-unable-send-receive-messages-pop-broadband-rogers-com-account.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi, I hope someone can help.

I've been using a virgin.media email account with Windows Live Mail for years without any problems, but today, whenever I try to send/receive mail, I get the following message:

"Unable to send or receive messages for the Virginmedia account. The connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'pop3.virginmedia.com'
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes
Socket Error: 10061"

I've read a few similar forum posts and it looks as though some settings might outdated or need altering, but I have no idea which ones to change. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Unable to send or receive messages for the Virgin Media email account

Hi there ... Some of Virgin Servers have been down today .. Due to Maintenance work .. This might be your issue if not read the Link below ....

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...ice.controller

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/332834-unable-send-receive-messages-virgin-media-email-account.html
Relevancy 77.83%

i run outlook 2003 on windows xp. Send and receive does not start immediately when I open outlook, as it used to do. How can I fix this???? it is very annoying.

thanks in advance,
msmouser

A:Outlook 2003 send and receive does not start up when outlook is opened

Usually, it would not do so immediately, but rather on a schedule per your settings.
To get email upon startup, just click send/recv to get the first downloads for the day.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-send-and-receive-does-not-start-up-when-outlook-is-opened.122085/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

I've just started using Outlook 2010 instead of WLM 2010, because it is getting too slow and really bugging me.

I'm able to send/receive mail from a web account (from a website I administrate), my Gmail and ONE windows live account, but my main email (the second windows live account) just wont process.

Attached a screenshot of what happens.

Like I said, it's weird this is happening to just one of my Hotmail accounts, but it's so annoying to have to use two email clients, or one client and one browser.

This seems to be a very unreliable thing Outlook Connector does, but is there any way to fix it? I've tried repairing/re-installing Connector, repaired Office, re-added the account, and deleting the OST files. still no luck.

I'm on Win 7 Home Premium SP1 Running Office 2010 Pro.

Thanks,
Sam

A:Outlook Connector (Outlook 2010) Won't send/receive

Are you using the 32-bit version of of Office or the 64-bit version?

Assuming you are using the 32-bit version of Office you also need to use the 32-bit version of Outlook Connector and vice versa.

This link is posted in the hope it may help you: http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-...sed-today.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/202004-outlook-connector-outlook-2010-wont-send-receive.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I am trying to find an answer to my Outlook problem. This discussion sounded the same until I clicked on the link.

My problem is that Outlook will receive but not send.

The send seems to time out with this message;
Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Things tried;
1) I contacted Comcast and I re-created my account.
2) Performed the repair/install of MS Office from the control panel.
3) Removed unwanted applications.

The only change that took place was a recent install of PocketMirror. I wanted to sync to my Palm V to retrieve my contacts into Outlook. I have sent emails to Chapura, via thier web page, to get help but no replies yet. I plan to call them tomorrow during thier business hours 9-4 CMT.

Help!

A:Outlook will receive but not send

Hello IdMnstr, welcome to Bleeping Computer.Your issue is a common one, and there is a solution.I'm going to direct you to the Comcast help forums. Those forums are provided to Comcast customers, and are a great resource for vendor specific issues. There are forums for computer issues, email issues, security, internet, cable tv, and CDV. Many times we, the users there, can provide answers tech support and customer service can't. Click the link below, you'll be sent to the sign in page. Log in with your Comcast user ID (the part before .net) and your password. You will next see a first time forum users page, asking you to choose a screen name for use in the forums. Once you set that up, you'll be taken to the actual forums. http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/Go to the email forum. First look in the post titled Frequently Asked Email Questions & Answers Scroll through the thread to Common Outlook Express errors and how to resolve themYour error number is there. Although it says OE, the same thing applies to Outlook. It will tell you what causes this error.For the fix, see the following thread:Outlook, Outlook Express, and Windows Mail Settings Find your version of Outlook, follow the directions carefully. Make sure all spacing is correct, that you use .net instead of .com (yes, this is a frequent error we see), and that all spelling is correct. (I once spent 2 hours trying to figure out why OE wouldn't work. Turned out I'd typed in .ent instead of .net)This should solve your problems. If it doesn't you can post your question there in the email forum.Please post back here and let me know if the solution in the Comcast forum worked.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134218/outlook-will-receive-but-not-send/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello,

I've been having some trouble in M$ Outlook with being able to send and receive emails. Its a POP3 email account. I've checked and re-checked the account settings and they are correct. (As far as I can tell) When I "Test Account Settings," it confirms it can logon to the mail server but when it attempts to send the test e-mail message it fails. The error reads as follows:

Send test e-mail message: Unable to send test Message. Please verify the E-mail address field.

I check the address field but it is correct. I'm not sure what to do?! Any help is very appreciated. Thank you

Also, there is a web-based GUI for the e-mail account. I can logon to and send/receive e-mails from there. I am assuming since that is true that I must have the settings wrong in Outlook.

-maX

A:M$ Outlook not able to Send/Receive

You might have a space at the beginning of your email address

(Just noticed your from Wisconsin, I was born and raised in Lake Geneva, WI always good to see another cheesehead)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/m-outlook-not-able-to-send-receive.62406/
Relevancy 76.97%

I am a new user of Outlook.
I was adding my gmx.com accounts in Outlook with no problems, but I am not able to add gmx.fr accounts in outlook.
Does anybody have any knowledge on this? I checked the internet for hours, but couldn?t find a solution.
I tried different settings, but still couldn?t make it work.
I just wanted to ask here in case somebody is using gmx mail except gmx.com.
Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/40589-outlook-receive-only-one-but-send-all-how.html
Relevancy 76.97%

When I use send/receive in Outlook, The box that appears says that "6 of 7 tasks have completed successfully".

This used to say "1 of 2 tasks etc" and I assumed the two were send and receive. The program then takes ages to actually download any incoming emails, and sometimes aborts the task. I tried reinstalling Office 2010, and for one or two "send/receive" episodes all was well, but then it reverted to "6 of 7"

I only have one email address registered on Outlook, and run Office Professional Plus 2010 with windows 10

What is going on, and how do I fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-send-receive.1155050/
Relevancy 76.97%

How do you set up Outlook to automatically recieve when you click on it, like in Outlook Express?. Right now I have to open it up then hit the send / receive button.

A:Send and receive in Outlook

In Outlook, Tools/Options/Mail Setup/Send Receive
Tick the box Send Immediately when connected.

If you click on the Send/Receive button in the same place, you can set the frequency of automatic send/receive as well.

May vary slightly according to the Outlook version, but we don't know what version you have. Above is for Outlook 2007.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-and-receive-in-outlook.555462/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello,

I've been having some trouble in M$ Outlook with being able to send and receive emails. Its a POP3 email account. I've checked and re-checked the account settings and they are correct. (As far as I can tell) When I "Test Account Settings," it confirms it can logon to the mail server but when it attempts to send the test e-mail message it fails. The error reads as follows:

Send test e-mail message: Unable to send test Message. Please verify the E-mail address field.

I check the address field but it is correct. I'm not sure what to do?! Any help is very appreciated. Thank you

Also, there is a web-based GUI for the e-mail account. I can logon to and send/receive e-mails from there. I am assuming since that is true that I must have the settings wrong in Outlook.

-maX

A:M$ Outlook not able to Send/Receive

You might have a space at the beginning of your email address

(Just noticed your from Wisconsin, I was born and raised in Lake Geneva, WI always good to see another cheesehead)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/m-outlook-not-able-to-send-receive.62406/
Relevancy 76.97%

I can receive but not send in Outlook. Also, this happens on only one computer on the network. The same email accounts (using outlook) works on other computers. There must be something that got mis-configured on this one computer somehow.

Finally, the issue occurs for 2 different email accounts on my computer.

Can you help?

A:Outlook -- I can receive but not send.

has this PC been upgraded to windows 10
thats a common issue
try a SFC /Scannow
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-run-system-file-checker-analyze-its-logs-in-windows-7-vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-i-can-receive-but-not-send.1158481/
Relevancy 76.54%

Two days ago I stopped receiving any emails in my Outlook Account. I am able to send but not receive.

Any help you can give this old man would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bompa Gord

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/128239-cant-receive-emails-outlook.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I am running Win 7 ultimate 64bit and Office 2007. Outlook is configured with two email accounts. One is a POP3/SMTP and there are no problems. The other is a Hotmail (Q.com) account using Outlook Connector. This account executes a send/receive about every minute and I can find no way to change this. It happens in both normal mode and Outlook safe mode. I have the frequency set to 30 minutes and the POP3 abides by it. The Hotmail, alas, has a mind of its own. Is there a solution for this? Thanks in advance.

A:Outlook frequent send/receive

Either I have been offensive to "the community" or there is no solution. Thank you M$.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/150987-outlook-frequent-send-receive.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I can't get rid of the send receive progress window. It comes up twice on every send receive and won't go away unless I manually close the window. I have tried a repair on outlook that was successful, but he progress still shows up. I searched the web and found a procedure to hit F9 that should correct this issue. It does for that send receive but pops up twice again the next time. The check box in the window to not show the window again has no effect. The send receive settings has a box for show progress. It is not checked. Hitting this causes a send receive but does not put a check mark. Any ideas?

Thanks

Relevancy 76.11%

Using Outlook not Express Can send e-mail Ok but cannot receive - instead get an error message - not but Outlook email can send receive All account settings are correct for my ISP Using Windows XP and Office SP Issue started after I added a new hard drive then made the new drive the boot drive and the other one the slave Now I get this email problem and others - Windows Installer box pops up when I open any Office programs Says quot preparing install quot then gives a message that I should run Setup and then select Repair - tried removing Office with add remove programs and after the Windows installer box pops up with quot preparing to remove quot this message appears quot This patch package could not be opened Outlook - can send but not receive email quot - tried to reinstall Office from disc and it would not work - same errors as above - tried to delete a separate file and is said the recycle bin was corrupted Can someone please help nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Hello,

I installed MO 2010 but what is send/receive? Does that mean if I click on it. The emails in my draft will be sent? Or I just receive the latest emails into my account?

I don't want to send anything from my account

What does it mean exactly?

Thank you!

A:Microsoft Outlook - What is send/Receive?

Quote: Originally Posted by TheIceman6

Hello,

I installed MO 2010 but what is send/receive? Does that mean if I click on it. The emails in my draft will be sent? Or I just receive the latest emails into my account?

I don't want to send anything from my account

What does it mean exactly?

Thank you!

1. Outlook 2010 is an email program and it's primary purpose is to send and receive emails. It needs to be setup properly with the correct settings so that it can send and receive emails.
You need to go to accounts in the File menu and account settings. then you can change the configuration of your email. clicking on the send/receive icon will send any emails that you have in your outbox and retrieve any emails waiting for you to download.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/253589-microsoft-outlook-what-send-receive.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Win XP pro...Outlook Express recieves o.k. but won't send. This is with Anti Virus prog disabled and Internet Explorer working o.k. Clean virus scans with AVG and Trend Micro Housecall. Fails with new account in Outlook Ex also. Also fails in "safe mode" boot. Microsoft Pay support no help so far. Nor Comcast.net ???
thanx

A:Outlook Express won't send, receive o.k.

What's the error code, when OE won't send?

What AV?
Some AVs route the mail and place a localhost address in the pop/smtp fields - just disabling the AV won't put the settings back to the way they were.

Check the account settings in OE Tools - Accounts - Mail Properties.

Check the error code - could be your ISP

http://host.uniroma3.it/uffici/ued/posta/errors.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-express-wont-send-receive-o-k.334106/
Relevancy 76.11%

I use Outlook on a computer that uses Windows Vista Home Premium OS I have used this program for several years without problem When I press the Send Receive button nothing happens messages Won't 2003 Outlook Receive or Send do not send or receive and no progress status shows at the bottom of the screen The settings for Outlook under Tools E-mail accounts as well as under Tools Options appear to be correct When I test those settings the Outlook 2003 Won't Send or Receive test messages sit on the webmail server but I just can t bring the messages down to Outlook Not sure why I cannot open the Tools Send Receive Send Receive Settings Define Send Receive Groups option from the menu I have not brought back my built-up pst and am using a program default blank one until I can restore the connection Three weeks ago my computer crashed Foolishly I restored files from a month old backup to my C Program Files folder Eventually had to rebuild my system as well as totally restore from my MS Office disk but wonder if a file was corrupted from the reload I updated my files up through SP I have run AV programs and malware programs no problems have been found I turned off the AV mail shield but that made no difference My mail service provider will not respond to my inquiries as they believe there is nothing wrong with the service they provide and don t feel responsible for what happens on my computer

A:Outlook 2003 Won't Send or Receive

Any error messages regarding sending and receiving?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394610/outlook-2003-wont-send-or-receive/
Relevancy 76.11%

Network Server OS is Microsoft Windows 2000
Local OS is Windows XP Professional
Microsoft Outlook version is 2000 SP-3

I cannot, for the life of me, find out where to change email options in this version of Microsfot Outlook so that it automatically checks for received messages at preset interval times without my having to hit the send/receive button. Please help me.

Relevancy 76.11%

Update on prior message. Comcast admitted today on a conference call with Microsoft and me that they had blocked the email from my friends account because of too many spam messages from her PC. With no warning. And I had called Comcast several times and was told to erase Outlook Express and re-install, erase Anti Virus programs, I must have a bad ethernet card etc.

A:Outlook Express can't send, receive is ok.

your computer was probably infected by some viruses that was sending out all those SPAM e-mails make sure your system is clean

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-express-cant-send-receive-is-ok.334545/
Relevancy 76.11%

I am having problems with Outlook Express. My ISP is Juno and I have tries numerous times to set up outlook express manually using their directions. After doing everything they've told me exactly I try to send or recieve and end up with this error message:The connection to the server has failed. Account:'pop.juno.com',Server:'smtp.juno.com',Protocol:SMTP,Port:25,Secure(SSL):No socket error 10061 Error number 0x800CCC0E. What's going on? I'm also using Windows XP pro. Help!

Relevancy 76.11%

I have Outlook 2003 (professional version). I was in Georgia where I used Bellsouth as my ISP. I have maintained my email address with them, but just moved to Florida. I am wireless here and am getting Internet from the wireless modem in the mainhouse (I live in the guesthouse).

Here's the prob. I am receive emails NO problem. I cannot send emails via OUTLOOK at all (I can only send emails when I log in to bellsouth.net and manually send from their page).

Any clue? I did not change any of the original settings on my Outlook properties (meaning the accounts properties). I still show mail.bellsouth.net for my POP and SMTP.

I do know that the wireless model I am feeding from is Comcast.

Please help. This is the first time I have ever done the wireless thing and I know I have something wrong.

Thanks a bunch!!!!

DorisW

A:Outlook - I am wireless and can't send, only receive

Hi DorisW

If you are using an e-mail for Bellsouth and connecting to the Internet through Comcast, you are trying to relay.
ISP's do not allow relaying, to reduce spamming.
You need to have a Comcast e-mail address to be able to Send and Receive using Outlook while connected to Comcast.
Or use Bellsouth's page to Send and Receive as you have before.
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/errors.htm#relay550

If you are paying for your old Bellsouth e-mail account, you might as well pay for Internet service that is provided in your new location. This way you will receive your own Internet connection as well as an e-mail account for that ISP.
If you setup your new ISP and new e-mail account through Comcast and a month later drop the Bellsouth e-mail account, that should give you time to notify everyone of your new e-mail address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-i-am-wireless-and-cant-send-only-receive.565379/
Relevancy 76.11%

Outlook stopped receiving email on 30 Apr. I tried to uninstall MS Office as suggested by HP, but get an error: Can't access network location of %APPDATA%.
I have an HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop with Windows Vista x64 and MS Office 2007 Outlook. I've spent hours w/ HP and AT&T tech support, but can't resolve the problems (Email & %APPDATA%). HP wants me first to restore my laptop to its originally shipped configuration (I'd prefer not to if I can) and AT&T wants $99 for advanced support. So, I came here for help.

A:Can Send But Not Receive Outlook Email

What does it say if you type this into a CMD prompt:

echo %appdata%

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/227629-can-send-but-not-receive-outlook-email.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I have receive Express-can Outlook send not but Windows XP HE SP Firewall is Zone Alarm free version and AVG antivirus free version I use Outlook Express version My E-mail account is with Ireland Online BT owned I also use Mozilla Firefox Have had no problem for last year using Express Outlook Express-can receive but not send until yesterday when I get the following error message when i try to send The connection to the server has failed Account 'Ray IOL' Server 'mail iol ie' Protocol SMTP Port Secure SSL No Socket Error Error Number x CCC EIt will however receive mail I am able to receive and send OK if I use the web mail I have tried shutting down my firewall and antivirus progs but no use Have double checked the connection settings which are correct Tried disconnecting router and restarting computer deleting outbox folder for Express in docs and settings and restarting Express No use Tried installing Mozilla Thunderbird and get same problem as well as using Internet Explorer as default browser Done virus check and spyware checks using Malwarebytes Spybot and Superantispyware free Nothing found Help please- wife is getting annoyed with time spent on here I am now aware this is a problem with the E-mail server BT Ireland Online because I have just created a gmail account and managed to send and receive to that account using Mozilla Firebird Still can't send to IOL though or understand why

A:Outlook Express-can receive but not send

Hello,It seems that the problem is with the "Sent Items" folder. Outlook Express just cannot move the message from "Outbox" to "Sent Items". If the "Sent Items" folder does not contain important messages, just delete it. To do it, close Outlook Express and delete the "Sent Items.dbx" file. To find where your DBX files are stored, go to "Tools" >> "Options" >> "Maintenance" >> "Store Folder" in the Outlook Express menu and see where Outlook Express is keeping its data files. Next time Outlook Express starts the folder will be created again. If the folder contains important messages, use [remove spam link] to extract them and then recreate the "Sent Items" folder as described above and import the extracted messages to it.Use a file recovery program - Several free ones recommended herehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213897/outlook-express-can-receive-but-not-send/
Relevancy 76.11%

I am running Outlook 2003 and have a Hotmail account and a POP account set up to send and receive thru it. For some reason the new Hotmail message do not show or notify unless I click on the Hotmail Inbox Folder or select send/receive tab and specifically choose for it to check in the Hotmail account. My old Outlook 2002 automatically downloaded and notified messages for both accounts. Is there a setting I need to adjust?

A:Outlook send/receive problem

Hi ya walnel...

Open Outlook Express...
In the top toolbar... click "Tools" then "Accounts..."
Select Mail tab at top...
Then highlight your Hotmail account then click the "Properties" button at the right.
When the screen comes up... *should be "General" tab area*
Make sure "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing" is checked.
If not... click the box to put a check mark in front of it.

Let us know how it goes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-send-receive-problem.487405/
Relevancy 76.11%

Have Outlook 2003 installed, with Windows XP-Home

Entered email account information (Mindspring/Earthlink) for dial-up. Tested account settings and all checked out fine.

The problem - There is no send/receive button on the toolbar.
- When I type an email and hit "send", it sits in the outbox
and goes nowhere.
- Under "Tools/Options/MailSetup" the "Send/Receive" button
is there but does not work.

All troubleshooting articles I have found say you have to enter an email account to get "Send/Receive" button but none say what to do when you have entered email accounts and still no rens/recive.

Have disabled NortonAntivirus email scanning and Norton Internet security but this did not help.

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks

Relevancy 76.11%

How can I fix an outlook mail account that won't send/receive mail? The connection is working, so I know it's not that. There are no problems with any other users. The account works in outlook express -- but will not work in outlook. Any ideas?

Relevancy 76.11%

Sir,
I am getting error while sending/receivieng msg in Outlook. I am using Ms Office Xp.
Error is Descibed below
1. "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'hi', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F".

2. "There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [SYS/PERM] pop not allowed for user.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 "
so pls help me to solve this error

Thanx !

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223522-error-send-receive-msg-outlook.html
Relevancy 76.11%

when i log on to co. network via VPN my Outlook does not automatically send/receive e-mail unless I click on the "send/receive" icon. is there a setting i need to change so it just does it?

A:2003 Outlook send/receive

Tools-->Options-->Mail Setup Tab-->Send/Receive-->Schedule an automatic send/receive every ____-->done

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2003-outlook-send-receive.261725/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi Guys and girls,

hope someone can help me. I just replaced my hard drive and it is operating with Windows 7. I have installed Office 2007 with the disk I got when I bought it. It was originally for operating on Vista.

I have set up outlook with my email accounts to send and receive from but the message I am getting when trying to send and receive is "The operation failed. An object could not be found'.

I have uninstalled and re-installed office. I have run the service pack 3 for the SQL server and still it won't work.

Can anyone give me another option other than paying someone to do it?

Thanks
Belinda

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007-wont-send-and-receive.154878/
Relevancy 76.11%

I cannot receive email in Outlook 2007. It will send no problem but when I click on the Send/Receive button nothing happens. The progress window doesn't even flash. I can open the progress window myself and leave it up and press F9 (the hotkey for Send/Recv All) and it does nothing. If I click on Tools my options are (im going from memory)

Send/Receive All
Send All
Send
Send

There is no receive option and two send options. Also no accounts show up in the send menu. I deleted the account and Outlook.pst and recreated and still nothing. I tried the Repair option from the help menu and still not working. I haven't tried to uninstall and reinstall yet because it's not my PC and I'm not sure if the owner knows where the CD is. It came with the Dell PC.

Any ideas?

A:Outlook 2007 will send but not receive

When you deleted the PST file, all of the accounts, email and contacts were also deleted. By staring up Outlook it then made a new blank PST file.

You need to add the accounts settings per the email provider instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-will-send-but-not-receive.787924/
Relevancy 76.11%

First post, so be gentle on me please.

I am running Windows XP with Outlook 2003. When I am wireless or hard-wired emails are absolutely OK......with one exception - when I go to my library and get on the WiFI, I can browse OK, but no email sending or receiving. I am OK with all other WiFi networks, but this one just seems to be different. There is no error message. I have tried disabling Norton Internet Security 2007, but no joy.

I have asked the staff, but they have no technicians on site.

Any chance of changing settings at my end to enable email activity? I am having to spend long periods in this specialist library, so a solution would be hugely helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Speedbird 420

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-no-send-or-receive.646136/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a new employee. We installed Office 2003. Microsoft Outlook opens fine. We add her email account. The send/receive button is there when we open Outlook and then it disappears. We tried reinstalling Office 2003. No dice. Still the button disappears. It has a button on it that says Add A Connection and Microsoft.net box opens when you click it. What's up? How do we fix?

Thanks,
Mel

A:Outlook - No Send/Receive Button

Right-click the toolbar.
Hit Customize.
Select Toolbars tab.
Select Standard (don't uncheck it, just highlight it if it's not already).
Hit Reset.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-no-send-receive-button.341361/
Relevancy 76.11%

I receive Outlook 2003 or Can't send am using WinXP Outlook and Norton Internet Security w AntiVirus I have been able to send and receive just fine until sometime last week all of a sudden mid-day I started receiving this time out error message with the number x A I contacted my ISP and she instructed me to disable both my IS and AV click on my email icon and once it all came through enable them both I did and all my messages both that needed to be sent amp received came through fine However Outlook 2003 Can't receive or send I am finding that I am having to do this each and everytime I want to check my email I have contacted Norton and they directed to me a help topic in windows which is also the help topic link that I found while searching your website I have also done endless searches on the Net by typing in my OS amp programs in question and by typing in the error number and found that there are several others experiencing the same problem with no assistance I have restored my system and I have all the latest updates and SP from Microsoft Can anyone lead me or start to lead me in some direction where I can get this resolved If there is any information I can provide that would help you understand my system better I will be more than happy to do that Thank you guys for your help Joyce nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-cant-receive-or-send.420664/
Relevancy 76.11%

Folks,My ISP and email provider is Comcast.net, but for the next month I am living wit my inlaws who have a different ISP. How do I get my Outlook to sync/send with Comcast, even though I am connected through the net to the other ISP?I can receive, just not send.JeremyModerator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Trying To Send/receive Email On Outlook With Different Isp

What ISP are you using to access your Comcast account? Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93120/trying-to-sendreceive-email-on-outlook-with-different-isp/
Relevancy 76.11%

When I click the Send/Receive button in Outlook 2003, nothing happens. This is a new probelm that just arose today. I have made no recent changes or updates to my computer that might have fcaused this problem.

A:No Send/Receive in Outlook 2003

In Outlook, go to Tools/Account Settings make sure that the settings are correct for your ISP/Email Provider.
Also, go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In Add Remove Programs highlight Microsoft Office and click Change. Here you have the options to Remove, Add Features or Repair. Try Repair first, if you have the Office CD, you can remove (Uninstall) Office and restart, then reinstall (you will not loose any Email, Documents or Settings)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-send-receive-in-outlook-2003-a-648484.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I used the same setup for over months and things have been going ok until now Dell XPS laptop with Windows Vista Home Prem amp MS Office Trend not send Outlook receive 2007 but will Micro is antivirus which says its up-to-date I have email accounts setup Outlook 2007 will receive but not send in my Outlook Email - Can receive emails only---errors when I try to send for about the last days provider is Road Runner Email - Can send or receive provider is private domain through Go Daddy Something occurred last week not sure what exactly that caused Trend Micro to start asking if I want to block or allow Outlook This morning I noticed a new icon on my taskbar that was never there before today A grayed out Outlook icon with a tiny x on it appears in the system tray right side I already have an Outlook icon in the notification area left side Any thoughts on what has changed my settings a virus recent Office updates pushed out to my machine automatically Any ideas you can offer on how to get my Outlook sending receiving for both accounts again will be appreciate nbsp

A:Outlook 2007 will receive but not send

Hi cher-bear02

Normally a grayed out Outlook icon with an X on it means Outlook is in Work Offline mode.
In Outlook, select: File > Work Offline to toggle Outlook back online.

As for the other Outlook icon on the left side, are you sure that icon is not part of the Quick Launch bar?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-will-receive-but-not-send.836289/
Relevancy 76.11%

I am using outlook 2007 and it configured my yahoo mail account for me i just had to enter the id and password. it recieves e-mails... that's perfectly fine but it keeps on trying to send messages but is never been able to send even one.

it shows some error.

plzz help in solving this problem

A:Outlook : i can receive e-mails but cant send

yahoo premium account? paid?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-i-can-receive-e-mails-but-cant-send.798957/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have been trying to remember how to turn off Send/Receive dialog box in Outlook 2000. I am running Office SR3. Mail services are provided by exchange server and 2 Internet mail services. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2k-send-receive-dialog.253499/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi All I just finished up some Malware cleaning under the fantastic guidance over on the malware board Somewhere in the process--which involved ComboFix custom nukes and plenty of online scans--my quot Send Receive quot button in Outlook darkened making it impossible for me to send receive with the program I ve been working through the fix-it steps in the document quot An Outlook Express basic repair kit quot http www microsoft com windows IE community columns oerepair mspx but I have run into a few problems When trying to Reregister Libraries the command regsvr mshtml dll failed because quot entry point could not be found quot Additionally the command quot regsvr msjava dll quot failed as quot The specified module could not be found quot As suggested in the doc Won't Outlook Send/Receive Express I was going to continue to create a Outlook Express Won't Send/Receive new identity export mail and then import the mail back however when I pull up quot Accounts quot in the Tools tab I find that nothing is listed in the Mail tab Um is this a problem Looking for whatever help anyone might offer Thanks in advance

A:Outlook Express Won't Send/Receive

I would have simply repaired IE/OE.How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378 As for inability to send or received...I would have just deleted my current account and then recreated it, assuming that one or more key files was damaged.IMO, the repair is the best suggestion.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233236/outlook-express-wont-sendreceive/
Relevancy 76.11%

In Microsoft Outlook 2003, how do I set it up so that it automatically attempts to send & receive every five minutes?

A:outlook: send/receive every 5 minutes

The following link gives a 'shortcut' method as well as the long way. http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet...tomatic-se.aspxHope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270468/outlook-sendreceive-every-5-minutes/
Relevancy 76.11%

Please help. I have Windows Vista Premium, running on Toshiba A215-S4747, and Microsoft Office 2007 and Outlook 2007.

Until about a week ago, Outlook 2007 ran fine (although very slow to boot up). But then the other day it stopped SEND/RECEIVE when I hit the SEND/RECEIVE icon. Everything else appears to work normally. I can read old emails, etc. I don't get any error messages. When I click the SEND/RECEIVE icon, the egg timer shows up for a nano second but then nothing happens. I also can't manually send emails when I hit SEND after typing an email. I don't know that much about how to find all the files on my computer to cure the problem. Can anyone offer assistance?

Thanks very much.
John

A:Outlook 2007 Won't SEND/RECEIVE

Without any messages it is very hard to diagnose.
All I can suggest is that your verify your incoming and outgoing mail server names.

See if you can set up another PC with those same settings to see if the problem is just your computer. Many times this sort of problem is just a simple naming issue, perhaps your provider has changed something? check for that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-wont-send-receive.710809/
Relevancy 76.11%

I am no longer able to receive mail on my computer. I can get it from webmail or from another computer in the office but I am not getting it on mine. Have checked settings until I am blue in the face.

It is sending ok.

Incoming server godaddy

Outgoing server att

Any sugestiouns would be appreciated.

Jim

A:Am Able to send but not receive Outlook 2003

Hi, open outlook go to tools and email accounts select the change option delete the old account go back to tools and this time select new. Recreate your email account, reboot to take effect see how you go now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/am-able-to-send-but-not-receive-outlook-2003-a-306440.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have tried the simple fixes without success. I tied to forward a link to a Christmas Carol to numrous, probably too may friends. They seem to have received them, at least most people, and there is nothing shown in my Outbox. HOWEVER, I CANNOT SEND ANY EMAILS. I have communicted with my ISP and they confirm that thre is nothing wrong on their end. I have openned and closed Outlook. I have rebooted my computer. I AM SENDING THIS FROM A DIFFERENT COMUTER. I have checked my settings. I have tried to send items and deleted them. I have tried working offline. Notthng works. Plase help me. I need this computer at work to send emails. Thank you!

Relevancy 76.11%

When Outlook runs a send receive and it hangs on the last message While that is happening I can t send anymore emails neither can I hanging outlook send/receive receive email I am currently using Windows Home Vista and Outlook If I then proceed to close Outlook it actually stays active in the background and the only way to force shutdown is via Task Manager or to restart the computer I have several pop email accounts outlook send/receive hanging - a couple from the business domain plus a personal one I am downloading from all of those plus Hotmail email via Outlook connector add in I suspect outlook send/receive hanging this problem is related to the quot add ins quot but I can t seem to figure out how to control those When I disable all add ins it seems to work without getting stuck When I first open Outlook it always asks me if I want to accept a whole slew of add ins For some reason it will not allow me to be the administrator and select which I want to remove or use from the Trust Center When I go to Trust Center and click on quot add ins quot it will tell me I must be an administrator to do this but I think I am the only one who can be an administrator of these My Windows account is the administrator What s missing here Does anyone have any idea how I can avoid this hanging send receive problem and still have a Hotmail connector add in working If it is related to the add-ins how can I manage these in a way other than at start up of the program Thanks cji Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-send-receive-hanging.965697/
Relevancy 76.11%

My Outlook 2003 has started giving me an error message sometimes, combined with my IE not being able to connect to the server. However, when I then hit the Send/Receive button my mail goes out / in. I can also usually go to the internet after that. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall?

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi Around two months ago one certain people! Receive emails Cannot from OUTLOOK of our clients mysteriously started being unable to receive emails from around users they could still receive OUTLOOK Cannot Receive emails from certain people! emails from everyone else so we thought it was a mail server problem So we moved the emails to a new server and there still having the same issues We have tried sending emails through AOL Hotmail Yahoo O and our own email and they all go through fine but these for compines which just happen to be there major clients keep getting this error- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients Subject RE email Sent The following recipient s cannot be reached user co uk on The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to Check the e-mail address or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address lt hesa uker he local gt Any ideas why most emails work but some don t as the OUTLOOK Cannot Receive emails from certain people! mailbox obviously exists Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi guys,

I have been using Outlook 2003 for quite some time now. I use POP email accounts - no exchange server etc. I have Archived the account that I have been unable to receive emails to, and exported the .PST to the default backup file. I have even used the Compact feature in the Options menu. This works for a day or so then the same problem persists.

I can receive emails via webmail so I know the problem in client side.

Have you any suggestions on how I can get this working properly again within Outlook?

Can't wait to hear about new things to try to resolve the issue.

R

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-cannot-receive-emails.826421/