Windows Support Forum

Office 2013 - Outlook crashes each time I send an email

Q: Office 2013 - Outlook crashes each time I send an email

Hi,

Each time I send an email my Outlook crashes. Attached is an emial of the screenshot I get and below is the problem details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Application Version: 15.0.4420.1017
Application Timestamp: 506734e2
Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d5f0c22
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000108a9
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.16.7
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033
skulcid: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txtClick to expand...

Can anybody please advise how this can be fixed?

Cheers
Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2013-outlook-crashes-each-time-i-send-an-email.1107552/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Office 2013 - Outlook crashes each time I send an email

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 21.93%

Hi, I have decided to buy a new computer(or the parts for one).
It will be the first time I assemble one so I would like a little
help from the people on here that has some experaince with computer hardware,
because I myself do not know very much about it.

I have done some research and this is what I came up with:
Motherboard : Asus Z97-A Intel Z97 4xDDR3 SLI CrossFireX Socket 1150 ATX
CPU : Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Socket 1150
RAM : Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 DIMM PC12800/1600MHz CL9 2x4GB
GPU : Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750Ti OC 2GB D
PSU : CORSAIR PSU 550W VS550
Hard Drive : Western Digital WD20E, 2TB, SATA 6 Gb/s, 3.5", IntelliPower, 64MB

What I want to know is if all these parts will fit together and if it is a good
computer? I want a fast computer thats good at a bit of everything. What I will be using it for mostly is programming, games like bfbc2, downloading/watching movies/tv series and just browse the internet.

And I think I will be using mint as my os(still new to linux).

A:Assembling a computer for the first time

I think those are great choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/assembling-a-computer-for-the-first-time.217526/
Relevancy 21.5%

I want to start a youtube gaming channel but idk if I have the power to record games like minecraft and record at the same time do you think I have the power to do it?

My Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

AMD A10 5800K Quad Core Processor

16GB DDR3 1333 Mhz Ram

1TB SATA Hard Drive

Radeon HD 8370D Graphics

5.1 channel Sound Chipset

GigaByte Network Ethernet

Wireless N 150 Wifi

DVD-RW Burner Drive

All in One Card Reader

6 x USB2.0

400W Power Supply

Dimensions (WxDxH): 19" x 7.75" x 17"

Mouse:
E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse

Camera:
USB 2.0 Clip-on Webcam Camera HD 12 Megapixels with MIC for PC Laptop Win 7/8

Keyboard:
Logitech K360 920-003365 Wireless Keyboard - Ivory - Small

Headphones:
Sades 7.1 Surround Sound USB Headband Pro Gaming Headset For PC Laptop SA-903 PC Laptop SA-903

A:Is my PC good for gaming and recording for youtube at the same time?

Do you have any connectivity issues or slow load times? Also, what is the make and model of your power supply?

Otherwise you should be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-pc-good-for-gaming-and-recording-for-youtube-at-the-same-time.215431/
Relevancy 21.93%

Video Card EVGA GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2GB
CPU Intel Pentium G3258
Memory Team Elite Plus 8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
Motherboard ASRock H97M Anniversary
Power Supply Corsair CX430 430W PSU
HDD Western Digital WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD
Case Corsair Carbide Series Spec-01 case

How much do you guys think I could get this built for and do you reckon it could play the elder scrolls online on the highest settings or the medium settings thanks.

Also I on a budget and probably won't pay over $500

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-building-a-pc.210893/
Relevancy 21.5%

My first time building! some things have not yet been picked, so I want your opinion on the things I have in mind, and the ones I can't decide over...

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
Processor: AMD FX-8350
Graphics card: Sapphire r9 280
RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 2x 4GB
power supply: Corsair CX750
Optical Drive: lg bh16ns40 multi blue

Do I seriously need an sdd drive?
also any cases that might suit my build or anything I might not need or DO need?
thanks- M

A:Good specs for gaming PC? First time

Did you already purchase the items above or is that what you have in mind for purchasing? What is your overall budget for your Gaming PC? What types of games are you going to be playing on this PC? The AMD FX-8350 is a good CPU, but if you want any kind of future proofing, I would suggest getting an Intel. If you let us know how much you can spend, we can help you build one that will be better for future games.
Also, no you do not need a SSD (Solid State Drive), but it will make boot times and load times faster. My suggestion with that, is purchase a smaller SSD (120GB maybe) for your operating system and also purchase a larger (1TB+) Hard Drive for everything else (applications, storage, etc).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-specs-for-gaming-pc-first-time.210626/
Relevancy 21.5%

I need the best and most compatible router for TWC?
I need the router to reach a very good distance (between 3 houses really close to each other). Or would it be better to get a booster?

A:Wi-fi router for Time Warner Cable

To share from house-to-house, you need a strong RF signal so look for MIMO Class routers with multiple antennas, three if you can find one. If the lot layout is like a triangle between the houses, one good router should work, otherwise when lined-up like a fence, you will need a repeater.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-router-for-time-warner-cable.209487/
Relevancy 20.64%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for a better solution I have been experiencing strange clicking sounds please see link coming from my XFX HD lately or it can XFX PC noise, 4850 temp HD and clicking then High crashes be from PSU I have been using this card since years It XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes used to be very rare only at bootup but ever since I have started playing Bioshock infinite it has become much more frequent Initially I did not get any problems playing but last time I could only manage hr and then mins before pc crashed Today when I started the pc there was not any of that sound but XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes after minutes the hideous sound started and after few seconds pc shutdown This happened again and again with shorter time frames Interesting thing is I did not even played the game was only browsing the potential problem on the net Turns out it can either be -Some hindrance in fans spinning -Coil whine -PSU problem I couldn t pinpoint the exact problem I tried listening to it very closely could only guess that it was coming from gpu it also seemed very hot Using GPUz I started monitoring and gpu temp went from - C range to C within minutes before it shut down So it seems gpu is the reason I put a bit of load on gpu by emulating a game in pj during that time I had got my power outlets checked by a voltmeter few days ago the electrician said they were fine My desktop airflow is good never had a high temp problem with my cpu and side of the cover is always open My questions are -Can I underclock my gpu so that it consumes less power -Do I need to install ccc since I haven t earlier -I used an air blower a couple of months ago and also cleaned the gpu with a brush did nt find much dust or any object blocking the fans I can t rma since I had a bad time doing that in the last few times other h w long wait Also I don t have a built in gfx with this build What do you suggest Thanks Link screens and audio http s tinyupload com index php file id GPUZ min max temps Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM GPU Load GPU Temp DISPIO C GPU Temp MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usage Dynamic MB VDDC V - - - - Update After I cleaned my pc again with air blower and also the gpu separately tested the system Starting temps were better from c instead of c and biggest difference was the dramatic reduction in fans rpm previously and now - rpm and noise But bad news is during those - mins the gpu temps kept rising again even at gpu load and once I put a bit of load on gpu - via pj emulater it rised to c before pc shutdown again So does it means I have to apply thermal paste too Or can this be fixed if I update the gpu driver Please any solutions suggestions wil be really appreciated nbsp

A:XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I'm having a bit of trouble following (more than likely my fault). What is the GPU fan speed during load?

If the RPM's seem normal, it could be thermal bond in the thermal paste that is broken.
If the fan speed doesn't appear to be normal, the fan itself could be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-hd-4850-clicking-noise-high-temp-and-then-pc-crashes.207299/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there I m new here hope you can help me out with my problem So over the last couple of weeks I upgraded my I ve had this for about three or four crashes causing parts New years now CPU FX- Mobo Gigabyte GA- A-DS RAM GB MHz x GB GPU RADEON HD GHz Edition PSU W Novatech To CPU FX- Mobo Gigabyte GA- A-DS RAM GB MHz GPU R X MSI GAMING PSU W Novatech New And added in two SSDs New parts causing crashes I also upgraded to Windows Since I upgraded I ve been getting these weird black-screen crashes whereby the lights turn off on the keyboard and there s no response at all from the machine but the fans are still on at full speed I have to then turn the PSU off or unplug it Then I have to wait a few seconds before giving power back to the PSU in order to turn it all back on The first time the crashes happened was when I was playing COD AW and loading a map like Detroit or Recovery After I turned off Preload Shaders Which allows you to load up more information during the loading screen so that you have a smoother experience after it that crashing seems to have stopped So I just thought that was a bug with COD until I started looking at overclocking my CPU I ran Prime just to look at the temps and after a couple of minutes I got the exact same black screen crashes I think it might be the PSU because it s old and technically a value brand but I don t want to fork out on a decent PSU only to find it was my Mobo or CPU all along So yeah any advice would be appreciated nbsp

A:New parts causing crashes

Put your old RAM back in, see if the problem goes away. (Alternatively, run memtest86+ overnight)

Based on what you said, it will be much quicker to swap the RAM back and run Prime95.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-parts-causing-crashes.207343/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have bought JBL Speaker FLIP Model FHP 2 on 14th July 2014 but it worked for only 2 to 2.5 months thereafter not working anymore.
I have taken to SPAR Artee Industrial on 29/09/14 but they are not providing free replacement not they are able to repairs as Charging PIN has spoiled. THe part is not available locally. The JBP Speaker are not working at all now.

Kindly suggest, for the Customer Care Complaints I am unable to find the Customer Care/ Replacement Customer Care / Service Center / Top Management Contact numbers for getting help for repairs / replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jbl-speaker-not-working-in-just-2-months-time-period.206690/
Relevancy 22.79%

HI
I have a lenovo laptop. My laptop suddenly crashes . If it is not used for 1 week and then turned on,it works fine for 2 hours. If we turn on the laptop the next day ,it starts crashing with in 10-15 mins after turning on.
Please help me with this ...

A:Laptop Crashes

There could a list of things causing this. Overheating, Os corrupt, Conflicts in software., Bad battery and so forth. The best way to know if you are not sure is to have a local computer shop check it out. Or try running it in safe mode . If it will and run some test on it. Such as a software to check its temps. A good spyware program to check your os. Also a program to check the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashes.206058/
Relevancy 22.36%

A few months ago my computer started crashing when playing games. The screen would turn either black, white, (or once pink), the fan/fans would max out, and the audio would just change to a loud buzzing sound. This would continue until the laptop was turned off.
Around that time, one of my hard drives was failing. We thought, seeing as it fitted so well, that it was the problem. I've just had the hard drives replaced, and while it was running perfectly for a few days, it has now started to crash again, and far more frequently. Most of the time just after the desktop loads.

I'm currently running in safe mode, and that's perfectly fine. No crashing.
I've tried disabling my audio drivers, and rolling back my video card driver, but with no success. I'm assuming that as safe mode has no problems that it must relate to a driver, or, some software, but I have no real clue what I'm talking about.

My video card is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M, if that's important. No idea what other information to include. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

A:Computer crashes increasingly often

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. If there are any .dmp files, select them all and right-click, sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as file here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-increasingly-often.205623/
Relevancy 21.5%

I am using Tenda wifi router. It has a problem, it is that it need configuration every time when I start my laptop or connecting with any mobile device. What is the problem with that?

A:Tenda wifi router need configuration every time

The Tenda wifi router's internal battery may be dead

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tenda-wifi-router-need-configuration-every-time.204507/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all

We're about to get fibre connected to our office building and the installation team have told us they'll be running Cat 7 cables to each office so we need to source a compatible router. I didn't even know there was a Cat 7 until last week, so don't know what I need to get!

I've been looking at AC Wireless routers but I have no idea if Cat 7 is compatible with them. Does Cat 7 use the same terminals as Cat 5/5e/6? Will I be fine going for a standard router or do I require something more specific?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Now looking for recommendations on suitable routers, see post 3 for details

A:Fibre Router for Office

Same connectors as 5/5e/6, so any router that would be suitable for your office on 5e/6 will be fine for 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fibre-router-for-office.203903/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi been awhile since I last posted. In the house we have a desktop and 2 laptops on the go in the house.The desktop is wired internet while the laptops are run on wifi.This worked fine until my isp UPC upgraded my internet speed from 50mb to 120mb.. The desktop and one of the laptops still works fine but the acus laptop has web access for between 20 mins to 45mins before the wifi drops off and becomes limited access. The wifi needs to be renabled to regain access to the wifi which lasts another small while until it gets limited access again.

The laptop specs are:
Acus K53e
Windows 7 home premium 64bit
intel Centrino N100 wifi adapter
Ram 6gig

At the moment its running for 30 mins then wifi cuts off for a few seconds before starting up again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-gets-limited-access-after-period-of-time.201028/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi all, a friend has a laptop running XP, the system clock resets everytime it's switched off for more than half an hour or so. I have tried three replacement CMOS batteries (and checked the voltage with a multimeter, 3V or thereabouts), no joy. I have cleaned the battery clip contacts & definitely inserted the batteries right way up, any polite suggestions please?

A:Laptop not keeping time, CMOS battery good

Have you check the bios to make sure the time is set correctly in the bios? If not windows will not keep the correct time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-not-keeping-time-cmos-battery-good.200032/
Relevancy 21.93%

So as a service tech I have had to troubleshoot many a bad power supply or motherboard but here is an error I have not encountered yet The tower time only first Machine the powers up I am troubleshooting is -bit HP compaq dx microtower I dont think it has vista on it any longer but it doesn t get that far When mouse keyboard VGA display and power are plugged in and I press the power button the fans spin up and the machine begins to Machine only powers up the first time power up but nothing comes on the monitor Monitor is on correct input setting and verified to work Also note that there are no addition display chips installed nor have there ever been any So I power it down to verify RAM is seated HDD plugged in all cables and buses are correct and they are but when I press the power button there is no response at all this time no matter what I try I even bypassed the button with another switch in case the relay was bad and no luck So I left work traveled out of town and a week later I come back and give it another try Here s what is strange like a de javu the machine does the same mysterious thing where it powers the first only and no luck the subsequent times It seems the power supply is ok at least enough to power it the first time and the motherboard LED is on Obviously something has gone bad but what could it be has anyone encountered a similar issue nbsp

A:Machine only powers up the first time

Three times actually.

One with a bad set of RAM modules.
The RAM modules were RMA'd. When I tried them in two completely different systems, they somehow locked up the system and removing the motherboard battery was the only way to get the system functioning again, even with the previous modules.

Two with a replacement motherboard.
The motherboard replacement would not boot with an i7-2600K. After calling the vendor they convinced me to try a lower level CPU so that I could flash the BIOS. Since all previous versions of the BIOS that I am currently running support the i7-2600K, I suspect it was a newer BIOS meant for Ivy Bridge support.

Three with a power supply failure.
The power supply failed in the middle of using the PC. During the process of rebooting, the PC would not do anything.

All three times the PC would try to boot but fail. On reboot attempt there would not be any signs of life. After disconnecting the battery and/or removing the power cord, the system would then try and attempt to boot once again. Long story short, it could be a number of things that could be wrong, don't rule any of them out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/machine-only-powers-up-the-first-time.199707/
Relevancy 21.5%

My HDD sounds like it is reading for a good 3-5 minutes on startup. Programs run after a minute or so - albeit very slowly...

Does this mean its new HDD time as it is a good few years old, or do I have hidden files starting.

I have cleared out what I can find that I don't need at boot....

Any suggestions?

A:HDD reading for a long time on startup

How many autoupdate programs are running in your services AND
(for me) the Avast! A/V program induces this behavior.

I've reduced the autoupdates on my laptop, but love Avast! and have learned to just accept it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-reading-for-a-long-time-on-startup.199066/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,
I just got a new toshiba satellite C55-A5302 laptop and I immediately encountered a problem. The keyboard was not responding but I noticed that if I held down the key long enough then it owuld respond. I was wondering if this was a problem with the drives or if it was a factory defect or if there was any easy fix for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Keyboard Problem - Extremely Slow Response TIme

DON'T void the warranty, send it back to get it fixed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problem-extremely-slow-response-time.198232/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have narrowed my selection for a NAS down to the Synology DS413 or DS412. Primary intended use is home storage, media server, Security IP camera server, and remote storage for my children in college. Anyone have experience with these units?

A:Time for a NAS decision

Remote access by your student(s) at school to your local NAS on your router will need the router to have portforwarding enabled to the NAS address and port.

Also suggest you create a directory per user and make them all private per user and then an additional PublicDocs directory and make that r/w for everyone. In this way you know exactly what data can be access by whom and what is basically "I don't care data" in the PublicDocs\

You should also plan for backups, even if you have a Raid-10 configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/time-for-a-nas-decision.197006/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey guys,
I recently bought a new ACER Aspire V5 netbook/laptop, and so far it's been working great, but with only one issue. The clock keeps losing time, roughly every other time it is switched off it keeps losing time. The laptop is used to keep appointments and stuff like that so the clock is in needing of being fixed SAP really. ormally, it is by a few hours, or sometime is goes back by a day or two. Its really, wierd.

Specs
- AMD A6-1450 CPU @1GHz
- 6GB DDR3 RAM
- 3 Cell Li-ion battery
- 500 GB Hard Drive
- 10 finger touch screen
- Windows 8 Pro, upggraded from Windows 8.

A:Losing Time

If its still under warranty, return it . Don't void any warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/losing-time.197215/
Relevancy 21.5%

Do you guys remember the first time to wipe your phone and what probems did you encounter When my first time to wipe my BB I thought I had performed a security wipe to it but I was terrified that phone? the first your Remember wiped time it won s switch on Cuz it was my first BB and I did not want to screw it up Then I tried to find ou why the device not powering on Actually before the wipe I already had some trouble with wi-fi scanning it either show the previous network it was connected or no network found so I decided to wipe it out After the wipe when I turned it on the display showed logo like shredding something and I waited and waited but it won Remember the first time wiped your phone? t turn on Then I tried to remove the MPJ battery which I bought for extending battery life for several minutes and then switched on again but the same logo appeared I felt hopeless and pissed so I decided to left my phone aside and Remember the first time wiped your phone? did my own thing Several hours later I picked up my BB and surprised it was able to turn on Then I googled the meaning of the logo and there was nothing wrong of my phone just not patient enough nbsp

A:Remember the first time wiped your phone?

I don't like the Blackberry without the keyboard, the best BB is 9930 and the keyboard is so good that I can not help to writing something all the time.

BB10 is a little expensive now and maybe I will buy a second hand one in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remember-the-first-time-wiped-your-phone.196498/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi guys Recently invested in a Dell Ultrasharp quot monitor mostly with photo editing in mind and found that one of the main games I play StarCraft seems to suffer from microstutter since it doesn t fully support crossfire With this in mind I ve been eyeing up some of the latest single card solutions but from most charts and comparisons nothing looks like it s blowing my s out of the water performance wise Should I hold off for next HD5850 to Upgrade : ? Crossfire itch time generation of releases from Nvidia and AMD I can always disable crossfire for Starcraft and just live with lower frame rates at x for a while If I Upgrade itch time : HD5850 Crossfire to ? was to grab a card right now it would probably be Upgrade itch time : HD5850 Crossfire to ? a GTX or an System information doesn t seem to be an option from user picture anymore so here are the stats of the rest of the system CPU Intel i K Ghz Corsair H xAkasa Viper Motherboard Asus P P Pro B Revision Memory Gb Corsair Vengeance Graphics x MSI HD Twin Frozr II CrossfireX Audio Realtek ALC -Channel High Definition Audio Storage Crucial C GB SSD Seagate Barracude TB rpm Case Corsair Graphite T Midi Tower Any advice nbsp

A:Upgrade itch time : HD5850 Crossfire to ?

Might pay to see what AMD's big announcement is on the 25th September. Best case scenario is AMD bite the bullet and opt for a big die to put some pressure on the GTX 780/ Titan, although I'm picking that what they end up with might split the difference between the 7970GE and the GTX 780 performance wise.
Either way, unless it is strictly a PPS presentation, AMD should be announcing some kind of timetable. If that launch is close at hand you could see a nice realignment pricewise if the products look compelling and present sales start to stall out, with the added bonus that AMD would again drop prices to clear inventory.

If you're set on getting a card before then, I'd check the pricing on GTX 670's as well as 760's. You'll get a little more performance with the 670 especially if its an overclocked card (basically a GTX 680 once you hit that cards clock). If not, then the 7950 is, likewise, a solid option in the 180-200 range.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-itch-time-hd5850-crossfire-to.195246/
Relevancy 26.66%

I changed my power supply (old one's dead), and now, when I turn my pc on, it won't send video to the monitor.

Its a gtx280, the green light is turning on (so electricity doesn't appear to be the issue), and the gpu fan doesn't turn on.

I cannot access the bios or anything else software related because the motherboard doesn't have integrated video.

A:GTX280 won't send video to monitor

Hi Enrique,

Minimum System Power Requirement on a GTX 280 video card is 550 W. Check the new power supply's specifications to confirm. Also, is the new video card compatible with your system?

Click on the link below for specifications and details on the GTX 280.
http://dell.to/1fibdAQ

Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit ourSupport Site .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx280-wont-send-video-to-monitor.195672/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello guys I have been thinking about building a new gaming desktop for a while now but my old idea pad finally died so it is time to do this I guess I really just need a place to start as well as some advice on specific parts my time gaming Build First budget is about - dollars Processor I was thinking I or I though I could use advice Motherboard Im really not sure what to use But I do know I would like quite a few USB ports plenty of room for ram and room for improvements graphics card I First time gaming Build like the nvidia Geforce GTX series though which one im not sure I Do know that I will be using monitors so outputs is a must The games I plan to play are starcraft Skyrim Fallout battlefield and the like I dont really care to play everything on max all the time but I would like to be ABLE to go to max but be able to play normally First time gaming Build on high settings Power I really have no idea what kind of power source I would use so this is one place I need a lot of advice other This is the area where I feel im just going to forget something like what kind of heat sink should I buy to put in the processor Things like that would be very helpful In the end anything you guys can help me with is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance guys Also just saying im not locked into the Nvidia graphics card as I have heard great things about other cards as well nbsp

A:First time gaming Build

Something like this is a good base. You can get a slightly lower motherboard, leave out the sound card, and put more money into GPU and PSU. Other people can help with that.

Do you need to purchase a Windows license, monitors, kb/mouse?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-gaming-build.195799/
Relevancy 28.81%

TLDR Graphics card and wlan card randomly stop working I ve Wlan time? working time from card and card to Graphics stop posted this on other forums Graphics card and Wlan card stop working from time to time? so far no help so heres my problem I use my computer on average - hours a day I usually play games or im surfing the net now sometimes Graphics card and Wlan card stop working from time to time? my wlan card and my graphics card just stop working they both dont appear in the device manager I cant plug in my monitor through Graphics card and Wlan card stop working from time to time? the graphics card coz the screen just stays black and the wireless internet icon on the bottom right of the windows screen just says quot no connections available quot Im not on this but it seems like this occurs after playing games for long periods of time im pretty sure the games I play arent too heavy for my system empire total war skyrim etc I took my pc to the repair shop before and everything was working fine when they tried it I dont think its a problem with the wlan or graphics card coz sometimes they work perfectly then suddenly they just stop working when this happens it usually gets fixed when I wait for a day open up the pc and clean everything then perform a system restore I have no idea whats wrong Is everything compatible could it be overheating could the motherboard be faulty Its very unlikely that both these parts just stop working at the same time Noteworth -Sometimes when the wlan card stops working the light on the card itself isnt lit up but sometimes it is -These problems dont always occur at the same time Specs Motherboard Asus M N T-M LE V Graphics Radeon HD Wlan card D-link DWA Processor AMD athlon II x PSU Cant see the brand I think its a stock PSU Max watts Thanks for the help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-and-wlan-card-stop-working-from-time-to-time.195964/
Relevancy 21.93%

I really want some help here cause I have absolutely no idea Specs AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm DH Graphics Quad core Ghz G DDR memory Gig HDD G full Graphics Radeon HD G over FPS down Game time slows Alright I ve never really run into this problem before I can download a game and play it for the first day wonderfully Game FPS slows down over time I start back up and the next day the FPS is cut in half One of these games is War Thunder and going from an average of FPS Game FPS slows down over time to is a little painful Starmade also had this problem I was running FPS for a few days then it dropped to around and stayed there These drops happened weeks apart This has happened with other games but none of their drops happened at the same time The worst part is that one a game drops it always runs that slow and never runs any better regardless of how many restarts settings changes or background programs I close This is odd because I ve never heard of a game-specific drop in performance I should probably mention that the laptop s only about a month old If anyone could help me with this that would be great Thank you nbsp

A:Game FPS slows down over time

First, we usually tell people that if this thing is still under warranty then contact seller and tell them of your issues. A10 chips are good chips.

Second, do you have a cooling pad? Heat can cause this issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-fps-slows-down-over-time.195014/
Relevancy 21.5%

So I got my graphics card, memory and cpu heatsink attached to my asus sabertooth z87 mobo and test with an external test. I get 1 long beep followed by 5 short beeps, although there is a small pause before the final (5th) beep. Now I only have the speaker in and do not have anything connected to a monitor. The manual says 1 continuous beep followed by 4 short ones is hardware failure but it doesn't say anything about a 5th beep that comes after a small pause. Could any of this have to do with the fact that I do not have a monitor plugged in anywhere? Other components:
GTX 770
Corsiar vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz
Hyper 212 EVO

A:First time external test with mobo

Okay so now I put it in a monitor and an error message came up saying cpu fan error and im in the bios screen now. anyone ever have this problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-external-test-with-mobo.194977/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello so as the title suggests my game crashes whenever Every for game reason crashes play I no I play any game for like minutes Some games don t even start up When they crash the game freezes and im Every game I play crashes for no reason forced to start task manager and end the process to get back to the desktop my computer does NOT bluescreen The weird thing is my computer runs like its brand new Every game I play crashes for no reason when not playing games I can run many livestreams and render videos very quickly its just the Every game I play crashes for no reason games which crash Specs not included in profile Corsair TX w PSU Arctic cooling freezer for processor Here are some of the solutions I have tried so far to get my games to work again - Reset to factory settings - Malware scan - Virus scan - Registry clean - Stress test on hardware - MEMTEST - clean out inside pc - Validating game cache on steam Its not just steam games that crash its all games - Defragmented my HDD and SSD - Removed any overclocks If anyone has any other ideas please please get back to me ASAP some people have said to unplug the hardware and plug it back in but I didnt know if this was safe Any other ideas are greatly appreciated If you need more info just ask Regards Luke nbsp

A:Every game I play crashes for no reason

Check your CPU temps and voltages. Are you overclocking? You may need to set voltages directly, instead of 'auto'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/every-game-i-play-crashes-for-no-reason.194836/
Relevancy 21.5%

So I was thinking and I decided that my current computer wasn t good enough for what specs, New time First Build builder games I was playing Then one of my friends gave me the idea to bulid my own gaming rig so here I am Here s my specs CPU i - k GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Corsair H i CFM New Build specs, First time builder Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard MSI Z -GD Gaming ATX LGA Motherboard RAM Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Intel New Build specs, First time builder Series GB mSATA Solid State Disk Some Guides I ve seen recommend getting a SSD for your operating system to be stored on and a hard drive for all your files games e t c so I m not quite sure whether to go for that idea or just SSD Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Video Card Case Inwin GRone Gray ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Cooler Master V W PLUS Gold Certified ATX V EPS V Power Supply Optical Drive Lite-On IHAS - DVD CD Writer Thermal Compound Antec Formula Nano Diamond g Thermal Paste Operating System Windows Eight bit Cost Is this setup good Please don t post any upgrades because my budget was to so im already over If anything is overkill let me know Thanks for the help nbsp

A:New Build specs, First time builder

WOW, thats a nice build!

Although I gotta ask, what is it you do that would require the 4x8GB memory modules? Unless you are doing something spectacular, 2x8GB would probably be more than you need for a very long time.

Since you have chosen a mSATA SSD, I take it you have done your homework and know the motherboard supports mSATA. I had to double check to make sure you wasn't making a mistake. As for the 1 SSD option instead of 1SSD/1HDD, you can make that decision at a later date if you so choose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-specs-first-time-builder.194225/
Relevancy 21.93%

My cpu taking much time to turn on, when I switch on the power,it takng nearly 30-40 seconds to turn on cpu led lights and whole cpu itself!
can anyone help me in ths regards.

A:Cpu taking much time to turn on

What is the make and model of this "slow" computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-taking-much-time-to-turn-on.193003/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have operated a small one man IT company for the last several years Most of my clients are small businesses Lawyers Chiropracters non-profits Right now I have several client offices that are upgrading up from Pentium systems and a few others that want to add basic desktop systems to their offices to act as counterparts to their mobile computers that they use primarily These offices generally are interested in low cost systems that can adequately and relatively speedily handle their basic operations web browsing word processing email database and CRM access etc Anyways I have generally not kept a large number of systems in stock before usually reselling systems that clients trade-in to other clients or just helping an office choose a good system off of newegg or geeks Since I have had so many requests for systems lately though I have decided to start actively buying systems office to Processor resell suggestions systems budget for I have over a decade of experience refurbishing systems so I decided to shop around for used systems to fix up but I have been having a hard time deciding Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell on a processor line generation brand to focus on I m considering the Intel Core Duo or a Turion or Athlon dual core Pentium D dual cores are very cheap but I know they are much slower than the core duos From their benchmark scores though it seems like a GHZ pentium d might be better than a Ghz core duo Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated in this regard My goal is to keep these systems under to sell and I don t need anything cutting edge nbsp

A:Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

I think a Pentium G2020 will bring you the best performance for $65. The AMD A4-5300 is another great choice for $55. I think the Pentium is probably the better choice because of the larger cache, but for web browsing, word processing, and basic activities, the AMD will be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-suggestions-for-budget-office-systems-to-resell.192622/
Relevancy 21.93%

Case - Lancool PC-K Case Power supply - XFX Pro W Core Edition V Cooling Fans - Cooler Master Hyper Plus Cooler Motherboard - Asus P H -MX Builder First Time Advice Need USB Socket VGA DVI Channel Audio mATX Processor CPU - Intel Core i P GHz Socket MB Ram - Crucial First Time Builder Need Advice Ballistix Sports GB x GB DDR MHz PC - U Video card - EVGA GeForce GTX SC GB GDDR Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda TB RPM ST DM Disk drive - Pioneer DVR- BK Hi I am a first time builder who lives in the UK and would like to build a gaming PC that is preferably with in the price range of to I would like to know if the products listed above are compatible and whether I should consider buying other products which are cheaper and better in terms of performance I would also like know if this is a decent build in running most game today in the highest quality as well as how long it will last before I need to buy newer better parts nbsp

A:First Time Builder Need Advice

Everything is compatible.

Nice case and CPU cooler, however the CPU cooler would not really be needed if you don't over-clock. The Boxed CPU comes with an OEM CPU cooler that is fine with non-over-clock conditions.
Are you planning on over-clocking? If so the motherboard and CPU are not really designed for over-clocking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-builder-need-advice.193366/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello At the office where I work one view to office network DVR Using card there are two different phone lines each of which has a DSL contract On Using one network card to view office DVR one of the lines there is a dsl modem router which has a dvr connected for the security cameras I use the other router to Using one network card to view office DVR connect to the internet and for the local network sharing files with colleagues When I view the security cameras over the internet Using one network card to view office DVR using the router I connect to the image is really delayed I want to connect to the DVR v a local network with one network card so that the image is not delayed and use the other network card for the file sharing and accessing the internet How can I do this without creating a conflict I e having my computer try to connect to the internet using the network card for the dvr In summary I want to use one network card exclusively to view the security cameras and another network card for the internet and file sharing I m using Windows Home Premium Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Using one network card to view office DVR

You should be fine as long as the Internet NIC is plugged in first. Your routing table will confirm you have done it correctly.

jobeard can expand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-one-network-card-to-view-office-dvr.193241/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok so I m a first time builder here with a budget of I use my computer for web browsing with a million tabs so 1st time build, lost :P open I admit lol music recording editing normally about or so tracks only lite gaming minecraft with heavy skin packs and will be doing small video editing like boxes of video in one frame and watching movies both blue-ray and the occasional live stream I use Windows themes skins on my computer and have more rainmeter gadgets than I probably need I ve come across some good barebones kits for but they lack a few things which I may not even need lol I definitely need a wireless card no cable running to my room and obviously a blue-ray player I don t burn music or movies onto CDs if I need to I already have a burner I m looking for a minimum GB of RAM Do I really need an SSD My mind keeps saying quot YES quot but my wallet says quot nope not in the budget quot I do already have a TB drive for storage I would just like an SSD for the OS and programs But if that s not feasible I have no problem with a small HDD So what am I looking for that will meet the needs of my use and budget Mobo CPU GPU RAM PSU Case SSD-or-HDD Blue-Ray Player Wifi Card and after market cooler heatsink everyone always says stay away from OEM coolers go after market So if I m not all that crazy and this is feasible I appreciate any and all help and hope to learn a good bit in the process please feel free to teach so I actually learn something I m not loyal to any brand so I don t care about any of that at least not yet Thanks nbsp

A:1st time build, so lost :P

matrix86 said:

(everyone always says stay away from OEM coolers...go after market)Click to expand...

I would only make that recommendation based on whether the person will be overclocking. Neither Intel or AMD will package their CPU with a cooler that not sufficiently adequate under non-overclock conditions.

Have you assembled a parts list or are awaiting feedback first?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-time-build-so-lost-p.192750/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I am trying to build my own computer case for gaming and home use and still want to use my micro-atx motherboard running with amd 64 athlon x2. Question is what is the best recommendation for a computer chassis, memory upgrade, and psu. Also, should I upgrade my processor to, lets say, a amd phenom II x3? Thanks for any replies

A:Any recommendations for a first time builder?

You should do anything until you tell us what you need (OS? Monitor?), your monitor size, games you're gonna play, budget, location.

Either way, not much point to pump money into your old system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-recommendations-for-a-first-time-builder.191648/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I ve crashes caused Hard by motherboard? drive recently built a computer everything was working fine but after a month or so Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard? it started freezing randomly only fixed by restart Then on boot some hard drives would say they have bad sectors and Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard? failed SMART After a few weeks eventually the entire system crashed and would not boot on any of my drives I managed to get it boot on a CD and reformatted the SSD drive that the operating system was on I replaced the supposedly failing drives and things were looking good But it wasn t more then a week or two when it started freezing randomly again sometimes in the middle of activities sometimes when it was just left on And again saying the now brand new drive was failing though from everything I can tell it is not when I run disk checks from booting from a boot CD I m not expert so I have really am at a loss as to what to check I can t afford to keep replacing my hard drives and like I said it doesn t even seem to be actually true if I disconnect then reconnect the drive it seems to come up fine My suspicion is that either the SSD drive that the OS is on is causing the trouble or else its my motherboard Honestly I have no proof of either but I am pretty much out of my depth here Here is the general specs on my system Mother board ASUS P Z -V LK LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS CPU Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics RAM CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M X C SSD OCZ Vertex VTX - SAT - G quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Video Card EVGA GeForce GS GB DDR PCI Express DVI HDMI VGA l have severaI other hard drives internal and external attached most of them don t seem to have any trouble the one that consistently fails is always label E even when I change the physical drive out not sure if that means anything or not Any help would be much appreciated not sure where to even start honestly Let me know if I need to make anything more clearly Lucas nbsp

A:Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard?

they have bad sectors and failed SMART.Click to expand...

S.M.A.R.T. is enabled in the HD firmware. Failures at that level are purely hardware related. Such failures create bad sectors.

Q.E.D.:- the drive is just cr*p.

IMO, the motherboard could never create a HD failure - - while software can do so as well as bad user procedures
(eg sharing r/w a folded and two or more users opening the same file at the same time).
Bad disk drivers would easily be a contributor too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-crashes-caused-by-motherboard.191721/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey everyone,
So I have only bought regular computers and I was thinking about buying a gaming laptop, or possibly pc, but I dont know what I need. Some help would be very appreciated. Here is what I want the computer for, now dont laugh at me, or at least just chuckle to yourself while calling me a noob, or whatever the lingo is. But I wanted the computer for my Sims games. Hey, you guys have your minecraft or whatever, I have my Sims, leave me alone. So what kind of computer would I need. Cuz I will eventually upload all expansion packs and I am tired of my regular pc running slow. So please help, and if buying a regular laptop with some kind of memory can suffice than please let me know.
Thanks!

A:First time getting a gaming computer

Well, Sims games arent demanding at all. They use pretty ancient engines. You dont even need a GPU for that, you can easily get a PC with integrated graphics for about 500 USD. What is your budget? You want a laptop right? And is the Sims all you will be playing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-getting-a-gaming-computer.191631/
Relevancy 29.24%

Been working on next gen of PowerCode ROM Upgrade for Kyros Tablet from COBYUSA, COBY International and Visual Connect/Prestige from Visual Land along with the Skypad Alpha2 and Skypad Gemini from Skytex. Running Android Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.

Results are as follows in

PowerCode WiFi 54 G+ on 720MHz, 256mb of RAM System
Test 1:

PowerCode WiFi 300 N+ 1GHz, 1GB of RAM System
Test1:

PowerCode WiFi 300 N+ 1GHz, 1GB of RAM System
Test1:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/powercode-1000-2013-rom-upgrades-for-kyros-visual-and-skypad.191514/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey all I m looking for advice and possibly tips and answers on whether or not my current build will work first $1k rig, time builder gaming I ve done some scouting through Newegg and looking at advice tips through the net on how to build a gaming rig and looking at pricings and $1k gaming rig, first time builder what to look for but I want to make sure it ll work most of all and whether or not this is a good buy for k spending limit It s currently $1k gaming rig, first time builder priced at around but with rebates and such I don t know if wishlist accounts for rebates and things like that it could be around altogether After reading the how to post new building threads I ve decided to add in this info I have no bought any items yet I live in Georgia US I m using this computer mainly for gaming I only have a laptop at the moment and most likely won t be using any parts from it for my new computer I m looking to keep this rig under dollars and do not have a monitor keyboard mouse or operating system yet But I m currently looking operating systems at the moment and monitors I doubt a keyboard and mouse will be that bad for cheapo s until I get more money And I don t know if I will need any after market cooling as I m pretty noob new to a lot of this stuff Sidenote I ve been told I could scrap my optical drive for a higher priced Graphics card but I heard the was a decent buy for it s price I ll see what you guys have to say but I would like to be able to watch dvd s and such and install some of the CD d PC games I already currently own Thanks My Wishlist Graphics Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Radeon G CPU http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Intel i - ivy bridge gz gz turbo boosted MoBo http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ASRock Z Storage http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Corsair GB SATA III SSD http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital GB Power Supply http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Corsair TX series Computer Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Rosewell Challenger-U Memory http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E G SKILL Sniper Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Optical Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E LG Black Blu-Ray TOTAL PRICE I would have posted my actual wishlist but I have no idea how to do it through Newegg nbsp

A:$1k gaming rig, first time builder

Scrapping the optical drive for a better GPU is an option. However, what you already have looks solid. I don't see a Monitor,Keyboard/Mouse or OS included in this. Are they on a separate budget?

If you were to scrap the Optical drive, you could move up to something like this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131484

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1k-gaming-rig-first-time-builder.190732/
Relevancy 21.93%

I just built a new PC and installed a Sapphire RADEON HD 6670 1gb DDR5...

I want to run two monitors (extended) using the DVI and HDMI ports. I just get a black screen on the second monitor??

A:How to use HDMI & DVI at the same time...

Which operating system are you using?
Do you have an option to extend desktop in Windows display properties?

If you are using Windows 7 try pressing "Windows Key + P" at the same time. This should bring up a projection menu with 4 options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-use-hdmi-dvi-at-the-same-time.189833/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey all, been a while since I last built a system, and never done one with an SSD.

I'm assuming the SSD is basically my C drive where I will install the OS, plus any games I want to run quickly, then everything else on my D drive (just a regular HDD).

Sound about right?

A:First time setting up an SSD drive

Right. and don't forget to turn off some things like defragmentation, indexing and prefetch in windows. those are designed for hdd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-setting-up-an-ssd-drive.188558/
Relevancy 21.5%

On a Dell desktop w/ XP SP3, the printer (wired Lexmark 1200) will print a page from the browser while online. The printer will not function in Word or Notepad. Any suggestions?

A:Printer working part of the time

What are the setting differences between browser and Word? Page size, scaling etc. Try from Notepad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-working-part-of-the-time.186716/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I just did some upgrades on my PC and now it s time for the video card I went from a Gigabyte mobo gb ram and an E to an ASrock Extreme mobo for a Upgrading my time PC, GPU new gb ram and a k I m not seeing much difference for what I use the computer for which is Upgrading my PC, time for a new GPU mainly some gaming and just browsing the internet I know the k was overkill and I wish I would have gone with the k and used the extra for something else My question is which card to get I play games like WOW Skyrim Assassins Creed Crysis and Mass Effect I don t game a ton and don t do any video editing other than maybe converting a movie to a different format or burning a DVD I d like to stay as cheap as possible so I m leaning towards the It s sometimes cheaper than the ti I m kinda stuck between these two models and can t really see a difference other than the stock OC Is there a big difference between different brands other than like warranty or cooling Is the ti that much better or would it just be overkill I m using an HIS currently if that helps Thanks in advance and sorry for the wall of text nbsp

A:Upgrading my PC, time for a new GPU

If you don't do much gaming and no video editing then the 7870 and 660ti are waaaaaay too overkill.
take a look at the HD7770 instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-pc-time-for-a-new-gpu.185803/
Relevancy 30.96%

Building a new pc Its been since since I did a brand new overhaul Things to consider -I have a tj and a mountainmods ascension case capable of holding quad rads on front lower panel -Yes I will liquid cool the monster -I have an Areca raid controller capable of running time! Long time PC coming... buildin' sata II drives -I have x GB vertex first generation ssds -I have quot asus led monitors two of them but I will be picking up a quot high res monitor soon -I have a black widow ultimate keyboard -Yes I play mmo s and no I m not saying which ones -I have a watt gold silverstone psu -I know what I currently have is Long time coming... PC buildin' time! good but I plan to piece the machine off and sell give away most of it at least the things that aren t listed above -I leave for the USAF in a month Budget is usd Any questions just ask Have at it Excited to see what contractions my fellow techies come up with nbsp

A:Long time coming... PC buildin' time!

You don't need anywhere near $4-5k to play MMOs even on a 2560x1600 screen. The most demanding games are FPSs and some RPGs. If you're doing a lot of CPU intensive work then go with an X79/3930K build but otherwise a 3570K will be fine, and you'll have a lot of your budget left over.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-time-coming-pc-buildin-time.186081/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello everyone I m upgrading my CPU and motherboard and by extension RAM since it s DDR and I want some input on whether or not I should spend some cash and go with a Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge system or a Phenom II or Bulldozer one Obviously the Phenom II system would work out cheaper and I like cheaper But I m wondering if that need a long suggestions some Upgrading please after time; very by not opting for the latest-and-greatest Intel chip would I be looking at an upgrade sooner rather than later down the road Any and all suggestions and or input are welcomed my location and current system specs are in my signature so please keep those in mind when suggesting anything I d prefer buying locally since most of the popular components are easily available via retail but I wouldn t mind ordering online if the price is right although with shipping rates the way they are I can t imagine that happening anytime soon nbsp

A:Upgrading after a very long time; need some suggestions please

Hi Rage.

Honestly speaking, I find that the choice of CPU, whether AMD or Intel, should not warrant that you look at an upgrade too soon. I have been using the Phenom II X3 720 for three years now and still it performs really well for most purposes.

Now benchmarks do reveal that the Intel (Ivy Bridge / Sandy Bridge) are far superior to their AMD (Bulldozer / Phenom II) counterparts. Consider the i5 3570k (the CPU you incidentally suggested for my new build). It costs around $229 which is 20% more as compared to AMD's flagship FX 8150. Although the AMD has 8 cores it is outperformed by the quad core Intel by around 40% (and above) in most benchmarks. In games, the 3570K stock outperforms an overclocked 8150 by approx. 30%.

The above, however, are just numbers. For most everyday tasks you should be fine with either CPU. If gaming at 1920x1080, your GPU will likely be the most limiting factor as neither CPU will cause any bottlenecks.

My opnion is that you finalise your budget. If you see that the Ivy Bridge can be comfortably accomodated go for it. Else I'm sure that the AMD will not disappoint.

One thing of note is that the Phenom IIs have generally benched better than the Bulldozers. That makes me sad as expectations from AMD were much higher.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-after-a-very-long-time-need-some-suggestions-please.184521/
Relevancy 30.96%

Im getting ready for the games like Hitman absolution and GTAV and others great games toward 2015

what gpu should I take? gtx 560 ti or hd 6950 1gb or the affordable (very) hd6850??

I have a quad core q8400 and I'll playing at just a resolution of 1366x768.... of course I want to max

out the setting to see the beauty of games today

tnx

A:GTX 560 Ti for 2013-2015

Neither, they're all older generation cards. Since you're not in a rush wait for nvidia to release their GTX 650/660 and either go for one of those or a 7850. They'll easily max games at your resolution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-560-ti-for-2013-2015.185194/
Relevancy 21.5%

My computer (Compaq Presario 2500, win xp-sp3) experiences some serious speed problems.
It delays at boot time. It takes about 20 - 30 minutes to complete it. Lunching of applications is tedious, sometimes 5-10 minutes, and execution and switching between applications is really slow. Process Explorer indicates that IRQs and DPCs consume up to 90%of cpu time.
At arbitrary times it crushes just freezing or with a screen that says that it has to shutdown because of a serious problem.

Please help me to resolve these problems.
Thank you in advance.
Giannis

A:IRQs and DPCs consuming 90% of CPU time

Assuming you have scanned for malware, I would suggest a system file scan, using "sfc /scannow" &/or "chkdsk" from a command prompt, if no good a repair install of xp, if you can get hold of a disk. Otherwise, might be looking at hardware failure (could try reseating RAM too?)
Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/irqs-and-dpcs-consuming-90-of-cpu-time.184611/
Relevancy 21.93%

This is my first gaming build and spent all day on this. Is it looking solid ? or are there bottlenecks ? somewhere I can do better within same price range ?. and Please reccomend me a graphics card.

What I got ready to buy:

Case -
COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
PSU -
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power ...
HDD -SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Mother Board - Intel BOXDH77KC LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM - Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Edition 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) Desktop Memory Model ...

CPU - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 ...

Graphics Card - Recommend ?

A:First time build is this looking ok?

Is there any reason why you are matching the K version CPU with H77 motherboard chipset?

From what I hear the H77 is not very overclock friendly which is what the CPU K version represents.

Edit:
I would consider the nVidia GTX 660 Ti or wait a few weeks for the GTX 660 to be released. If the GTX 660 is too high a price the GTX 650 should release about the same time as the GTX 660. I'm not strickly nVidia, it has been awhile since I looked at AMD's offerings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-build-is-this-looking-ok.184523/
Relevancy 21.93%

I m just dipping a toe into multi-monitor use and have some questions I using monitors time multiple First have a inch and a inch monitor at the moment have another and to use if need be later I have a ATI card I have both monitors plugged into the video card I ve noticed when I extend the desktop to both screens I have some quot flickering quot on the second inch monitor Almost like its trying to adjust itself to something automatically It only flickers when I scroll the mouse wheel up and down First time using multiple monitors a page or move a window around etc Seems to happen when one screen has a browser at full screen and something might be leaking over to the other screen not sure if I can explain it better than that When I create an eyefinity group even though the monitors are different I see no flickering at all all is well Just wondering if this is some setting on the smaller monitor I need to look into Its a Dell FPV ALSO I am assuming this videocard with two monitors on it may take a performance hit if I use it while gaming For example have the inch be the gamer monitor and have the inch showing the desktop with a browser window or teamspeak on it Also I m looking through my parts here and I have some older video cards I may look into adding one just for the second monitor on the desktop Thoughts nbsp

A:First time using multiple monitors

im no expert but it could be your refresh rate on the second monitor is different from the first so that could be it,

1.go to control panel under appearance and personalization click adjust screen resolution

2.click the monitor you want to change

3.click advanced setting and monitor tab and change the refresh rate

and your gaming fps should not go down through the multi display set up unless your doing something graphic/cpu demanding task

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-using-multiple-monitors.183934/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey all!

So I built my Rig around a month ago, and since then I have saved up $400 AUD.
I've been doing quite a bit of gaming and video editing and come to the conclusion that it could use a bit more 'kick'.
So- what do you guys think?
I'd rather not spend all $400, so I've been looking at the HD7850, or 7870 if I should stretch my budget.

Here are my current specs:
CPU: AMD FX-6100 (3.3GHz-6core)
Cooler: CM TX3 EVO (push-pull config)
GPU: GTX 550ti
MoBo: ASRock 970 Extreme 4
HDD: 500GB seagate
Memory: 8GB (2x4GB-1333MHz) Patriot Gamer2
Monitor: 22" Viewsonic (1920x1080- not too happy about this. If I look closely, text is blurred over 2-3 pixels, and it does not look as clear as my 1366x768 laptop. Yes, I have turned on cleartype text and all that. it does not help)

Any input is appreciated!

A:Got some money... time for upgrades?

If you can wait a few more weeks the GTX 660 Ti is nearing release. That is unless you want to jump fence and go with AMD this time around. I think the release date is set for August 16th. Waiting would allow you to compare price/performance between nVidia and AMD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-some-money-time-for-upgrades.183877/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi all my daughter has told me she used to press the email button on her laptop and access her emails now it doesnt access the emails sorry not uch info .but does anyone have a clue what is wrong or what I could do or try thanks

A:Can't access email from email button

Does the laptop come w/ a program to customize keyboard settings? Maybe that a look at that. My Logitech keyboard came w/ a program called Setpoint which allows me to choose what email program to open when the button is pressed. I had an eMachine keyboard w/ an email button that opens up the default email program. So that's something else to check. Maybe the computer forgot what the default email program is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-email-from-email-button.183234/
Relevancy 22.36%

I ve a pc with the flg specs AMD Phenom x T ghz stock speed Transcend Mhz ddr GB x GB sticks XFX Radeon HD gb Graphic card M A -EM motherboard Seagate TB RPM primary hdd Seagate x gb RPM for storing my stuff CM Extreme Power Plus W psu I ve been using this pc for past yrs and no problems so far Recently I ve used the quot M A M quot Motherboard along with Frontech DDR x GB RAM The processor graphic card hdd and remaining components are same while playing PC My games crashes except the board and RAM The build worked nicely Now I ve reverted to my own board M A ---- I was playing games like NFS Hot Pursuit My PC crashes while playing games Just Cause and so on After a few minutes of gameplay the pc crashes without any error Not even check for solution msg box no BSOD No events recorded in event viewer So today I reformatted my pc and installed windows Ultimate X But the problem is unsolved I ve checked my hdds for bad sectors My PC crashes while playing games defragmented the disks checked for malware viruses with kaspersky All are working fine except the games And also the firefox is crashing while viewing the pages with flash content No overheating issues and the hardware is properly fitted Thermal paste is also fine Checked the RAM with memtest for over hrs and found no errors Pls solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My PC crashes while playing games

This is kind of a shot in the dark but if you can, try swapping out the power supply. If that doesn't work try swapping out the videocard or running it with the onboard video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-crashes-while-playing-games.183226/
Relevancy 21.93%

I dont know whats wrong these are my specs:

Gigabyte Z77
Asus Xonar 5.1
Seasonic Platinum 860 watt power supply
Corsair Vengeance 16Gb 4 x 4Gb
Intel I5 3570k ivy bridge 3.4Ghz (3.8Ghz with turbo boost)
EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2Gb vram
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb Hdd
Lite-on Bd Drive
Antec 1200

At first I forgot to plug in the 12v cpu power, but I fixed that. This morning I noticed I put the power buttons cable into the wrong spot because I was following the cases color coding instead of the motherboards. But now I have no idea whats wrong. I have one idea, the screws I used to screw the motherboard in are really long and they stick out of the motherboard. Could that be the problem? Can someone help me I REALLY want to use this pc. I have been waiting for 5 years.

A:Just built a new PC for the first time and it will not start up

Please tell us what the problem is. What is the computer doing or not doing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-built-a-new-pc-for-the-first-time-and-it-will-not-start-up.183108/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi guys So I is bootup. Where my keyboard? time First built up my computer Where is my keyboard? First time bootup. for the first time with the following components Antec Sonata Elite Black mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Corsair Vengeance Blue GB DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i i i and AMD Phenom Sapphire AMD Radeon HD GB PCI-E Video Card L ASUS Intel Z ATX DDR LGA Motherboard P Z -V I put everything in place and turn on the power but nothing happens Nothing shows up on my Where is my keyboard? First time bootup. monitor in the beginning and there are no beeps Then I realize that my case doesn Where is my keyboard? First time bootup. t have internal speakers but no biggie I figure its going to be ok I check the connections on everything and reinstall everything to make sure all of the components are connected alright Then I reconnect the VGA plug into the one not on the motherboard but on the GPU All the fans are running and I can feel everything else running as well I restart The monitor now boots up and I see option to press enter and F Both of them are more or less for BIOS but it detects USB keyboard but it does detect the mouth I press the keys on my keyboard for the corresponding options but nothing happens Help Do I need to buy a USB keyboard nbsp

A:Where is my keyboard? First time bootup.

Perhaps. This sounds like you need to update the USB drivers. I just built a new system and most of my USB 3.0 were not working. I had to update to the latest offerings. You may need a BIOS upgrade as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-is-my-keyboard-first-time-bootup.182673/
Relevancy 21.5%

I recently noticed that any sound and/or video starts to stutter at random occasions. It could be when im watching a Youtube video or a video in Media Player Classic, and even when playing a game. Basically all games are unplayable, sound keeps stuttering/cutting and so does the game.

GTX 580 Twin Frozr II
i5 2500k
8GB RAM
P8H67

A:Sound/video stutters all the time

I just tried reinstalling Flash Player, my Codec packs. And it still has this issue, whole pc lags along with sound, mouse moves like laggy slow motion and sound does the same.

If its any help, just when these problems began my svchost became 280mb+ memory usage 24/7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-video-stutters-all-the-time.182312/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi, I am building a computer for the first time. But i would like some tips. I have already chosen some parts:

Full Tower:
Cooler Master full tower. Model:RC-932-KKN5-GP Product code on Newegg: N82E16811119160

Cpu: Intel I7 Quad core Sandy Bridge Processor 95W. 3,4 Ghz (3.8 Ghz with Turbo Boost) Model:BX80623I72600 Product code on Newegg:N82E16819115071

I am planning on building a strong pc for high end gaming but i am not sure on what kiond of parts I should choose. First of all are these good parts and would you recommend any other full towers. Also I do not know much about gpu's and would you recommend any of those for me. Also what tools do i need for a pc once i build it other than a screwdriver and do you have any tips for building them? Thanks in advanced.

A:Making a computer for the first time, need some tips

Hi,

Knowing your budget and location (I presume US since you mentioned Newegg) would be excellent.

Some questions:

Do you want a silent-and-sleek build? or a more in-your-face gaming rig?
How much storage do you think you'll need? there's no point in adding a 3TB HDD if you'll never fill it.
Do you need a display to go with your new build? how about other accessories?
Will you also be using your PC on workstation tasks such as media encoding, 3D modelling, image editing?

Regarding your suggestions, the Cooler Master HAF 932 is a very good case, but a bit on the expensive side (depends on your budget).
Here are some alternatives:
- you might like this one.
- this one
- or this one
It all depends if you demand excellent cooling or quiet computing.

The i7 2600 is a powerful CPU, but expensive and not exactly the best one Intel has.
Depending on your budget, you might want a Sandy Bridge-E CPU (supports quad-channel RAM) which will offer the best performance you can get or a Sandy Bridge i5 2500K which offers the best bang for the buck atm.

We TechSpotters know quite a bit about GPUs and will help you choose the one that suits your needs. :grinthumb
But we really need to know your budget.

This is a very good and comprehensive up-to-date guide to assembling a modern PC.

PS: TechSpot's buying guide is an excellent read as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-a-computer-for-the-first-time-need-some-tips.175556/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey everyone As you may see I m fairly new here having discovered this site not even a week ago when I started reading up lots and lots of articles and reviews on the current hardware available to build me a solid High-End system that would suit my needs So own system assembling time First my now that I have decided upon the following parts I d be thankful to know if may have missed something important or if there s anything that seems like an utter waste of money Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z CPU Intel i - k Graphics Gainward GTX Phantom GB First time assembling my own system If I d anywhere like to have an extra edge it d be the graphics card Additionally I chose the GB model because I do quite some photoshopping video editing and d modelling mapping plus I d like this card to be able to keep up with games for at least - years Memory G Skill DDR MHz x GB Storage OCZ Vertex GB I d like a good SSD to keep my OS and all my programs on GB because on my current PC even the GB partition can t hold all my Steam games and the heavy programs that I have also I intend to have a virtual machine running some time as well so there s no way a GB drive would be enough Storage Seagate Barracuda TB SATA rpm Case CoolerMaster Storm Trooper Power Unit Corsair TX V W Haven t really decided on the optical drive yet will probably go with the one from my current PC at first and get a good one later So if there s any tips or recommendations you could make I d be very thankful to hear them nbsp

A:First time assembling my own system

I think this will be an excellent system. What HSF will you be using? Hopefully not the retail one with the rest of the machine being so top-notch. It might also be worth going with a pair of 8GB DIMMs instead of 4x4. It should be fairly close in price but give you a better upgrade path in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-assembling-my-own-system.182486/
Relevancy 21.5%

I just finished building my new New boot priority first SSD and build: time Ivy Bridge system and it booted up fine The motherboard is a Gigabyte Z X-UD H I have installed a New build: first time SSD and boot priority Samsung SSD in SATA Port and a Samsung HDD is SATA Port In addition I have installed an Asus DVD drive The Bios recognizes all three drives in the System ATA - Port Information Serial ATA section of New build: first time SSD and boot priority the BIOS BUT in the Boot Options Priorities it recognizes only the Samsung as priority and the Asus DVD as Priority The Samsung hard drive is not listed If I am reading both the manual and other information correctly the Boot Option Priority section will only recognize the primary hard drive In this case it would be my SSD Am I correct and I can go ahead and load Windows or am I missing something Also I am assuming at this point that Windows will assign the SSD as the C drive Will I need to manually assign another letter for the hard drive Thanks nbsp

A:New build: first time SSD and boot priority

That is setting the boot priority for each type. You will need to set values for the specific boot types.

mb_manual_ga-z77x-ud3h_e.pdf

Hard Drive/CD/DVD ROM Drive/Floppy Drive/Network Device BBS Priorities

Specifies the boot order for a specific device type, such as hard drives, optical drives, floppy disk drives,
and devices that support Boot from LAN function, etc. Press <Enter> on this item to enter the submenu that
presents the devices of the same type that are connected. This item is present only if at least one device
for this type is installed.Click to expand...

If you look under the Hard Drive listing, you should see both HDD and SSD. Select which one you want to boot. The one you select should show in the priority list for booting to HDD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-first-time-ssd-and-boot-priority.181225/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a 3 year old monitor that I have to set to a much higher brightness setting than when it was new. I could answer my own question, except that during this time I've had a continually worsening eyesight condition, so I can't tell whether it's me or the monitor or both. If I knew whether or not it was normal or at least not too uncommon for the backlight to dim over time it would help me to figure things out. Thanks much.

A:CFL backlight dimming over time?

Hello there
Do you mean "LCD backlight"?
If so, as far as my knowledge goes, should not be the case with a good LCD. However, I'm not sure whether that would be applicable in that situation over prolonged periods like 3 years. If the brightness of other light sources has diminished relatively less to the LCD, it could be that your eyesight is not entirely to blame, and the LCD maybe indeed degrading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cfl-backlight-dimming-over-time.180585/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi Guys About months ago my laptop started to act up The screen would get jumpy horizaontal lines flashign across it and then it would cut out altho lights are still on the screen would needed advice of crashes, sure Inspiron not HP cause, be black I would turn it off and turn it on and it may not happen again for a HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed day week or even month Now things have worsened it now happens every session often failing to start altogether The jumping has worsened too it can become heavily pixalated and distorted making a weird noise as if the audio has been caught while it froze Sometimes the screen goes black and the audio continues as normal for a few seconds then dies too Sometimes a blue screen appears telling me it is dumping physical memory this scares me so i usually turn it off quickly Im noit sure if the following is correlation or causation but occasionally this jumping and freezing etc is brought about by me moving the screen of laptop slightly IT does seem to last longer if i have the laptop some where stationary All in all im very confused i brought it to a repair shop and he told me it was not the hardrive so must be the motherboard and therefore v expensive I didnt really get the trusting vibe off him so im worried hes just saying that so i spend big cash with him Im trying to decide what the problem is any ideas If it is the motherboard is it worth fixing If i do buy a new laptop is there any resale in mine for parts If you require any further details im happy to try but i dont have much computer knowledge hence why my title is not very techy Cheers guys Shane nbsp

A:HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed

"HP Inspiron crashes"...

You must mean Dell Inspiron, don't you? What is the model or service tag number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-inspiron-crashes-not-sure-of-cause-advice-needed.179414/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all So the situation is thus we are looking into getting a new office NAS server? for server for our office currently all individual desktops and laptops and have been given a quote that has come in considerably higher than we d anticipated Part of this is due to the addition of a tape auto-loader as a backup device which is coming in at including tapes The benefits we ve been given for this are tapes being more robust especially if being take off NAS for office server? site and more secure than hard drives but I have a concern at how accessible the data is should we need to resort to accessing the backup This got me to thinking would a NAS device or multiple with hot-swappable drives used in a similar way provide the same functionality as the auto-loader but at a much cheaper cost And if so what would people recommend for this I am fairly well versed on consumer devices from the likes of Synology and we already have a Lacie NAS in the office for general file storage though it s not been that relaible but I have no experience with multiple bay hot-swappable models Is there a particular brand I should look at that offer more commercial devices or would a -bay Synology be fine Thanks in advance grinthumb nbsp

A:NAS for office server?

You are into the area of planning called "Business Continuation"; how do you continue
when there are different levels of failure?

Consider (list in order of difficulty):

drive or system fails
building becomes unusable (fire / floor/ storm)
city takes a tornado / hurricane hit
county / state looses power

In addition, tapes per se are frail media and for long term storage, need humidity and temp controlled storage - - and regardless, the magnetic info degrades and/or 'imprints' from one layer adjcent to another. We saw this with IBM and tapes stored at Iron Mountain.

Local backups (ie store onsite) work well for all variations of (1) and off-site storage
only delays the recovery time.

(2) will likely wipeout all local backups (tape or otherwise) and is why off-site is necessary.

(3+4) makes the point that off-site storage is viable ONLY when it is outside the area of the disaster.

IMO, tape is a dead media - - what a mess if you need to use a backup set and find that after mounting several tapes in a restore you find that the nTH tape is unreadable :OUCH:

a) you ask the right question; which NAS systems are most reliable?
Google for "review scsi nas with hotswap".

b) get a SCSI enclosure with several bays and implement Raid-1 (mirrored)
with auto-rebuild to avoid hard stopping the system while a new drive is brought online.

c) determine the degree of effort to recover 'lost data'. It is impractical to take
a drive offline every day, so what period can you tolerate between HD rotations?
(suggest one per week + one per month = 8 drive in rotation pool).
Then keep last weeks drive local and all else offsite.

my $0.02

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-for-office-server.178981/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello

I have windows XP. There are instructions on the net to use NTBACKUP.MSI. Even though I downloaded the file the computer can't find the file.

Whats the best way to back up to a portable hard drive on a regular basis?

ALSO

I also would like to back up my address book to the portable hard drive.

Thanks Heaps

A:Back up XP + email addresses to portable hard drive

What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-up-xp-email-addresses-to-portable-hard-drive.177972/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello, i have had my laptop for a year almost and i have had this problem most of the time. when i try and watch videos(youtube) the screen goes blank for a few seconds then it comes back on telling me that the "desktop driver stopped working and has recoverd". it also says "desktop manager stopped working and was closed." can someone please help?

system details:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core
CPU T4500
2.30ghz 2.30ghz

64 bit operating system
3gb RAM

A:My laptop crashes whilst watching videos

Please tell us more about computer brand and model, opeating system, etc.
You are missing software or drivers, usually free, than will enable proper operation when downloaded and installed from the maker of your computer, or your operating system.
It could also be resources limits such as memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-crashes-whilst-watching-videos.174546/
Relevancy 21.5%

Everytime I turn on my laptop the mouse freezes in the middle of the screen. The loading symbol will appear next to it but I cannot actually move it. I am still able to navigate using the tab and arrow buttons but I am forced to restart it before I can use the mouse.
Anybody have any ideas on what is causing this? I have searched for updates for the driver and have enabled it then disabled it.

A:Mouse freezes each time laptop is turned on

Brand, model, age, and configuration of laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-freezes-each-time-laptop-is-turned-on.176084/
Relevancy 18.06%

Im trying to set up an email in outlook 2007 with ms exchange 2003. Under the exchange proxy settings, i set the connection settings to RPC.domain, and check the box that says "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal in their certificate: I use the "msstd:rpc.domain

A:MS Outlook connection with Exchange 2003

Sorrry, I accidently posted before i was finished. but I get an error message saying "the connection to ms exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or conncected to complete this action. Can anyone help me with this. Much appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-outlook-connection-with-exchange-2003.176076/
Relevancy 21.5%

Right now I m looking at the following in terms of components for a gaming PC Gaming and web surfing will probably be the only things I do with it I might edit something here or there in Photoshop on rare occasions I wanted to a cut new building to First gaming cost. -- time want PC know if there were any significant compatibility errors or significant bottlenecks that might occur Now I have a pretty bad situation here First time building a new gaming PC -- want to cut cost. because I have no old parts whatsoever to speak of since this is the first time I m building a PC I want to be able to get the total cost of it down to or less right now it s a few hundred over I do plan on First time building a new gaming PC -- want to cut cost. gaming on the monitor below s First time building a new gaming PC -- want to cut cost. native resolution x Also I have no problems with overclocking Also I d like to know if there are any ways that I can decrease the cost of components without sacrificing too much in terms of performance Note All will be purchased on Newegg CPU Intel i K might overclock not sure Mobo ASUS Maximus IV Extreme P RAM G-Skill Ripjaws X GB DDR GPU MSI GTX TI Twin Frozr II Boot Drive OCZ Vertex GB Store Drive Caviar Black TB SATAIII PSU Corsair Professional Series Gold AX Case Cooler Master HAF Advanced CPU HSF Cooler Master Hyper Plus Mouse Logitech G Keyboard Das Keyboard Professional Silent Speakers Logitech Z Webcam Logitech Quickcam Pro Monitor ASUS VW H quot Burner ASUS DRW-T B ST OS Windows Home Premium -bit Tell me what you think Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:First time building a new gaming PC -- want to cut cost.

- Get a cheaper motherboard, you're probably not going to use a lot of its functions (i.e. dual, triple graphics cards)
- Get cheaper RAM, you won't notice the difference between 2133 and 1600Mhz when gaming/surfing
- Don't get a 1TB Caviar Black hard drive now, they're very expensive at the moment due to the flooding in Thailand. Try to use and old one if you can and buy it in a few months time
- The PSU is great, but the Corsair TX series are just as good and quite a bit cheaper. You only need about 600W for your system as it is, but if you plan on going SLI later 850W would be a good idea.
- Get a cheaper case, the HAF 932 is massive for only one graphics card and 1 HDD/SSD/DVD drive. If you like the look of the HAF series you can get the 922.

As for upgrades:
- Definitely invest in an aftermarket HSF, even with a cheap one you can OC the 2500K to 4.5Ghz easy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-building-a-new-gaming-pc-want-to-cut-cost.175935/
Relevancy 21.93%

What could be causing two dvd drives to not work at the same time? Individually they work, but when plugged in together only one works.

They are SATA DVD writers running on a quad core intel computer on windows 7 64bit. I can't be anymore specific because it's my dad that's having this problem.

Thanks

A:Two DVD drives: won't work at the same time

Are they both showing up as letters d: e: f: ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-dvd-drives-wont-work-at-the-same-time.175857/
Relevancy 21.93%

My motherboard has over heated and i need a new 1 but i want to use the old hardware which is a Pentium e6600,Ocz ddr2 PC2-6400 Ram , i also need 1 pci-e port for my old video card,and must be Atx or Atx mini. I'm looking for the cheap as i can go since it is my daughters and she doesn't do anything but check e-mail and play lil kids games on it. So if anyone knows of a good cheap MoBo, i would be very greatful to hear about it. Also have a question may sound noobish but if i install a new board do i have to do anything different with my hdd,, like reinstall windows or anything? i have alot of data on it and would hate to lose it. thank you for all your help .

A:Time for a new motherboard

steelth said:

if i install a new board do i have to do anything different with my hdd,, like reinstall windows or anything?.Click to expand...

YES!!!! What OS? Although it is possible if you remove all drivers and back them up on a flash drive. Be prepared to loose all info as you will have a 50/50 shot this way. I would backup files (do you have an old IDE drive?) and do a fresh install if it were me. Do you have an OEM Windows cd or is it a cd that came with your computer?

"When you swap the HD into new hardware and start up, it will switch out all of the drivers requesting several restarts. I have experienced no performance hit doing this about a dozen times. Some say it will not work on a different number of cores, but I haven't tried it yet.

I always immediately go to Computer>Properties and reinstall the product key, although several others have said that isn't necessary. I just assume it requires reactivation on new hardware. If activation fails, you can always run a Repair Install which resets activation."

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/time-for-a-new-motherboard.175790/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello everyone Since my computer worked fine last years ago now its coming some damn problems My computer specs p qc gfx gb ram intel dual core e tb and crashes Games not others seventeam w Problem Some games crashes or i get some distorcion graphics while playing or after a video like go after menu And after that i must press ALT F doesnt work often or i have to restart pushing the button And usually i get BSOD probably memory idk it was so fast i have downloaded somes games to test out Payday The Heist if i play on low resolution it doesnt crash Trine got distorcion graphics and after bsod Might amp Magic Heroes IV cant Games crashes and others not even pass the after intro it crash on menu Mass Effect after min got crash Deus EX sometimes i got lag Games crashes and others not slow run game Duke Nukem Forever same got lag slow run game games that workout without Games crashes and others not problem Far Cry Wow League of Legends Diablo Beta Assassin Creeds Revelations very rarely i got crash or distorced graphics Things i ve done only Ive already updated my video card cleaned the ram slots ram Thigs i should do update bios motherboard any other suggestions or probably its the best to send my computer to tecnical assistance to solve my problems Thanks And english is not my second language nbsp

A:Games crashes and others not

Have you checked your GPU temps? It may be overheating while you play some games. Temperatures above 90 C or so under load would be worrisome. Also, a 500 watt PSU is not very much for a GTX 285. Nvidia recommends at least 550 watts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-crashes-and-others-not.175415/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone, my computer crashes when I play games. The computer is still on, but the monitor says "no signal input"
any help would be appreciated, also i have attached a dxdiag file

A:Video crashes while gaming

Have you tried updating you Nvidia 9600 drivers from this website:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-crashes-while-gaming.175059/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all,

Please feel free to comment on this hardware list.
Use : as above in title
No: O/C,SLI,Crossfire,movie downloads,on line games, etc.
Have: 1440x900 flat screen,mouse,keyboard,speakers
Budget;< $600

Thanks in advance for your kind input.

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM H61 DDR3 LGA1155 mATX PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI VGA DVI B3 Motherboard

Intel Pentium Dual Core G620 Processor LGA1155 2.6GHZ 3MB Retail Box

Powercolor Radeon HD 6770 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI VGA PCI-E Video Card

Kingston 4GB Kit 2X2GB 1333MHz DDR3 240PIN DIMM Unbuffered CL9 1.5V Memory Kit

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM

LG GH22NS70 Super Multi 22X SATA DVD Writer Black OEM

Coolermaster Elite 370 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS

Corsair Builder Series CMPSU-430CXV2 430W ATX Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan

A:Budget new build for home/office/casual gaming

Nice build

The Radeon HD 6770 has a requirement of "450 Watt or greater power supply"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-new-build-for-home-office-casual-gaming.174536/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok please! First time builder assistance so I know some of you helped me pick out these parts for my new PC I will repost them here and am interested in any important knowledge I should have before beginning First time builder assistance please! Also unfortunately First time builder assistance please! my deliveries are slightly staggered and I receive everything but my Case and Cooling unit on Tuesday I obviously can t do much until I get my Case but is there anything I can And unfortunately the cooling unit doesnt come in until Thursday can i put it all together and run it without the cooling unit or should i wait for the cooling unit before I do anything Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MKNSSDCR GB-DX quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALX GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Corsair Carbide Series R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ASUS P Z -V PRO GEN LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS XFX HD- X-CNDC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HP X Multiformat DVD Burner Black SATA Model i LightScribe Support CORSAIR H CWCH Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply Thanks for your help nbsp

A:First time builder assistance please!

among my other initial questions... Should I go ahead and set the SSD to primary and the HDD to secondary?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-builder-assistance-please.174828/
Relevancy 22.36%

Not sure if this belongs here or on the networking board. Anyway...
We have a network of about 20 pcs. I recently installed four new machines that run Windows 7 with Office 2010. The server is running Server 2003. Three of the machines worked perfectly from the beginning, accessing the server and sharing folders and files. One machine will only open files in "read only" mode. I have shared all the folders and given every permission there is but it will only open the files in "read only". It is a critical accounting machine that has to share and change files. What am I missing?

A:Sharing folders and files in Office 2010

hmm; your wording is imprecise so need to make sure what you mean,

Office 2010 can not be shared other than the Calendar events and that's not done
via "sharing".

You don't state the application that is sharing the common file on the server,
but I assume some accounting system installed on multiple client systems are attempting
concurrent access to the same accounting data.

You don't say if this has ever worked before with this setup or if this is the initial install for the Sharing of the accounting data.

First action is to access that file by only one system at a time (ie: disconnect the mapped Drive letter) and get that working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-folders-and-files-in-office-2010.174216/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hmm? I really tempted to buy this 70$ ssd.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic173906.html

nvm that deal is expired

A:Will an SSD improve gaming on a 8ms response time monitor?

As far as I understand it, an SSD will only provide a slight improvement in loading times for games, because of the faster disk access times over traditional mechanical disks coupled with the higher read/write speeds.

The difference is not as pronounced with gaming as it is for the overall improvement it makes to Windows. I do recall seeing comparisons before (probably on here) and the difference in loading of games between levels was around 2-3 seconds in most cases. For Windows in general, it totally transforms the user experience.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-an-ssd-improve-gaming-on-a-8ms-response-time-monitor.173964/
Relevancy 21.93%

I think my computers speakers are dying after being in service for than 8 years. I need your helping finding good, affordable, gaming speakers.I say gaming because I don't know if regular speakers are to low or just don't cut it.

My HP computer I bought 2 years ago had free speakers with it but they were sub-par, and are very small and low quality in my opinion.

I currently have Insignia Speakers, any good ones you guys know about?

Also, I have a question. Do sound cards make a difference in desktops? I don't know anything regarding speakers, other than you plug them into the hole with the matching color and they produce sound lol

A:Time to get new gaming speakers

check this out, http://www.creative.com/products/speakers/usage/?nav=gaming
Creative have the best speakers and they are usually very affordable, i would check around your local tech stores and look for random deals if you want to save even more, i got my 7.1 system for $200 and its still going perfect 6 years later

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/time-to-get-new-gaming-speakers.173326/
Relevancy 21.93%

Not critical, but what is the fix for these oft-seen event viewer warnings?

Name resolution for the name _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.domain.actdsltmp timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Or...
Name resolution for the name isatap.domain.actdsltmp timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name of server varies, but the "actdsltmp time out" reference is always there.

A:DNS time-out warnings

hmm; isatap.domain.actdsltmp is not a proper domain name in the first place, so of course it will timeout.

this one _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.domain.actdsltmp suggests to me someone is playing with creating a Domain Controller environment and has not created a valid DNS to server that domain.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-time-out-warnings.171845/
Relevancy 20.64%

I am very very frustrated since I waited a while to get this motherboard from china. My last DFI board randomly died on me and I ordered this as a replacement because I wanted a decent 775 board. I worked on it all night tonight and despite it reading all the hardware... it will not boot unless I reset the cmos every time. On top of that... I can not get the bios to update... it doesn't read any of the 5 usb drives I tried (fat/fat32). Also I tend to get this grey screen when trying to flash it sometimes. I am beside myself at this point after fussing with it for hours on end and I really need some help.

A:Asus P5E3 BIOS won't update and needs CMOS reset to boot every time

Sounds like either the BIOS is corrupted or the motherboard battery is a goner.

Have you tried burning the new BIOS to a bootable CD ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5e3-bios-wont-update-and-needs-cmos-reset-to-boot-every-time.171511/
Relevancy 21.5%

Ok so ive read watched videos and read some more I First build! officer? computer Problem time think i finaly understand what goes on Problem officer? First time computer build! in a computer so i ve decided to make one I have chosen some items but i need help because not only is it over my budget by about but i also have no clue if these items are compatable and if i am putting my money towards the items it should be going to This computer is for gaming WoW GW LoL Diablo and others So withought further adue here are my choices Memory http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Should i get pairs or just stay with the gb Processor http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E This is the most expensive item should i stick with the i or can i go with an i Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nothing much to say about it does it work with everything else Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Will it fit all of my components nicely video card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E How is this card will it work with my other items Hard drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Optical Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E only thing i need this for is DL windows and maybe some games age of mythology Power supply http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Enough wattage How does that look Be critical and please help me lower the price of this nbsp

A:Problem officer? First time computer build!

Your monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 906BW from the other thread) runs a max resolution of 1440 x 900 so unless you plan on changing it for a larger monitor which supports higher reoslution you can look at lower specification graphics cards and check their performance in reviews/Tomshardware/Anantech sites to see if it would be suitable for your gaming needs. I suggest looking at benchmarks and search for the graphics card you are considering and the games you play to see how it performs at the 1440x900 (or similar 1680 x 1050, 1366 x 768m etc.) resolution.

Memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277 Should i get 2 pairs, or just stay with the 4gb?Click to expand...

Just one, 4GB should be fine. Plus you can always get more later if you need it. For gaming anything over 8GB is generally considered overkill. I'd start with the 4GB.

Processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115220 This is the most expensive item, should i stick with the i5, or can i go with an i3?Click to expand...

If I remember correctly i5 is a quad core (4 CPU cores in one) part. i3 is dual core, with this is in mind more and more games are utilizing multiple processor cores so I wouldn't recommend anything below a 4 core processor. If you want to save some money I'd go for an AMD quad core or 6 core CPU instead of the i3. You won't need the i5 for the games you have listed but it is a better performer. What you are looking at is from the first generation of Intel i processors (socket 1156). I would look at the i5 2400 (socket 1155) instead. ~$15 more for on average 20% better performance, but we can possibly make savings on your other choices.

For a cheaper option either and AMD Phenom II processor (X4 or X6, 4 or 6 core), or one of the new A8 ones with the Fusion core.
Phenom II X4 could be had for about ~$50 less than the i5 ($129.99) and a AM3+ motherboard for under $100 and give similar gaming performance in most current titles. And AMD will be releasing a new processor range(Bulldozer) that will use the same AM3+ socket so gives you room for upgrades in the future.

With the AMD A8 option (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103942 - $139.99) you could do what we discussed in the other thread and get that system without a graphics card and use the built in GPU, and get a graphics card later on if you felt you needed it. Only thing is I haven't really been that interested in the Fusion APU(combined CPU and GPU) series from AMD and have no knowledge of their roadmap for upgrades for the FM1 socket motherboards it is paired with.

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131783 nothing much to say about it, does it work with everything else?Click to expand...

You have picked out a socket 1155 motherboard so your original CPU choice (socket 1156) wouldn't have been compatible. It's a different version of the one I have in my computer (Asus P8P67 Pro). A good choice. Although you can get cheaper motherboards the Asus is a good choice in my opinion. I'd maybe look at the Z68 chipset motherboards. This is a newer intel chipset and allows for the use of the graphics core that comes on the i5 processor. I believe most motherboard manufacturers are producing boards with "graphics switching" that allows the use of the low power GPU core when just doing stuff in Windows/OS and the dedicated graphics card when gaming. This saves a little on your electricity bill and means you don't have to listen to graphcis cards fan spinning when your on facebook/email etc. It's not going to be good enough for gaming but it also gives you a relatively free backup in case anything goes wrong with your graphics card,

Perhaps - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128520 $99.99
Or - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128502 (wit... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-officer-first-time-computer-build.171154/
Relevancy 21.93%

i think there is something wrong with my hardware..i have noticed that when ever i move the screen or move the laptop then it either freezes or crashes..

do you have any idea which hardware may be faulty??

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whenever-i-move-my-laptops-screen-it-freezes-or-crashes.171448/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a gateway laptop with windows vista. Sometimes when I plug in my printer a USB port the computer crashes. Then I have to take out the battery and put it back in to start it up again. It seems to do this more when I have my wireless mouse plugged in but still does it when no other devices are in use. Most of the posts I've seen are crash and automatic reboot. Not me! Any ideas?

A:Computer crashes when plugging in printer with no reboot

Sounds like drivers. particularly USB but it could also be motherboard USB controller drivers as well. Do you get Blue Screens? Do you have the latest drivers from Gateway installed for your particular model? Do you have Vista's latest Service Pack and drivers updated?

If not do so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-when-plugging-in-printer-with-no-reboot.171195/
Relevancy 21.93%

So this is my first time building ASAP, first time PC help building Need a computer myself got about to work with and have been doing some research all night I need Need help ASAP, first time building PC to know if the build that I made is going to be compatible with the other components Im pretty sure it will be a decent computer for the price just need to know if it will work together This will take some time to go over cause I don t know any other way than to post them in individual links Please have patience I need some help - Case - Rosewill CHALLENGER-U Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Motherboard Need help ASAP, first time building PC - ASUS M A TD-M USB AM AMD G HDMI SATA Gb s USB Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Video Card Need help ASAP, first time building PC - GIGABYTE GV-R UD- GD Radeon HD GB - Processor - AMD Athlon II X Propus GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX WFGMBOX - Ram - Crucial Ballistix sport GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR - Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar Black WD FALS TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - CD rom drive - LITE-ON X DVD Writer Black SATA Model iHAS - LightScribe Support - Power supply - Have a - watt supply at a friends house waiting for me don t remember which or brand Sorry I cannot post links the site won t let me this is my first post You can copy and paste all those names in newegg and find them easily Please only serious feedback no trolls as I am not trolling need answers ASAP Thank you very much nbsp

A:Need help ASAP, first time building PC

The Athlon II X4 640 is around $100. For a minimal premium I would recommend this CPU:

AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz - Now: $104.99

As for mobo: ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 - $99.99

The Crucial kit that you've opted for is not a very good performer. Go for the G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-asap-first-time-building-pc.170002/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey there everyone on TechSpot...

Recently I upgraded from a Geforce 6800 GS to an ATI Radeon HD3850 (both AGP)
After having carefully followed all the steps required to install a new graphics card
(i.e. deleting of old drivers, installing the new ones etc.) I still get an error. In particular this one: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

I even contacted the manufacturer of the card (Sapphire) but they weren't of much help, giving me a constant list to do things that I had already done.

I uploaded the latest 2 minidumps that were created from the crashes to (possibly) help solve the issue. (edit) I also uploaded my dxdiag, in case my other system specs are gonna be requested.

Hope you guys can help me,

Greets

A:Radeon HD 3850 crashes

The AGP standard is getting old. How old is this PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-3850-crashes.169840/
Relevancy 21.07%

Just ordered and built a computer for the first time in my life Motherboard ASUS M A TD-M USB AMD G Motherboard CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Quad Core Processor RAM Corsair GB DDR RAM Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX Ti Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB Case Thermaltake V Black Edition Mid Tower Case Power Supply Cooler Master for Built a first new time, a get monitor doesn't signal computer GX Series W Monitor Asus VH D quot Widescreen HD LED Monitor Assembled everything to the best of my ability Everything screwed into hopefully the right places Power supply is connected Built a new computer for first time, monitor doesn't get a signal twice to the motherboard once to the graphics card and once to the hard drive Hard drive is connected to the motherboard All the wires from the case have been plugged Built a new computer for first time, monitor doesn't get a signal into the motherboard Connected the computer to my monitor and turned the computer on My graphics card CPU case and power supply fans all started running LED lights all turn on No beeps were heard and the little motherboard speaker has been plugged in And my monitor doesn t get a signal Anyone know what the problem could be I just bought everything new so I doubt Built a new computer for first time, monitor doesn't get a signal its a hardware issue Have I missed something I should have plugged in somewhere Also I ve tried putting my stick of RAM into each of the different slots and it hasn t worked for any of them nbsp

A:Built a new computer for first time, monitor doesn't get a signal

Power supply is connected twice to the motherboard, once to the graphics card, and once to the hard drive.Click to expand...

There are more connections than that. What about the 24 pin main motherboard power connection and the 4 pin CPU power connector?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-a-new-computer-for-first-time-monitor-doesnt-get-a-signal.169533/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi guys, I bought this pc a few months back but didn't get to use it much due to exams.

I've recently installed Starcraft 2 on it and I am really struggling to get the pc to perform. The game recommends full graphics settings but even when I knock everything way down I still hit fps of 1 or 2 any time a battle starts.

What can I do?

You guys have been very helpful on here before. Thanks!

(My system specs are in my profile)

A:PC having a hard time with games (StarCraft 2)

Hi Narey. Check you haven't got your settings set in game to have very high anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering. If these settings are not set to high values, check the card settings in Windows, it might be set to use these regardless of in game settings. Same advice, drop down the AA and AF settings. These settings are usually what can cause heavy load on the graphics card when there are lots of units on screen.

What resolution are you playing in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-having-a-hard-time-with-games-starcraft-2.168457/
Relevancy 21.5%

Ok hello Techspot for PC Upgrading my on time... RAM>motherboard>core own ;) a the first members that s my first Upgrading a PC for the first time... on my own ;) RAM>motherboard>core post out there and it s kinda the reason why I even joined this community I m a newbie in what concerns PC upgrading but other then that I have a lot of experience around PC world So just to describe a bit I m using my current machine for around years with Win ultimate years and usually I m doing quite a lot of stuff like web surfing office working d modeling and photoshop and gaming for sure So if you take a look at my specs they are kinda lower then average I guess The thing is until today my PC was pretty good performing all tasks Never had major crashes or blue screens not too much laggy can still play decent games on medium graphics metro or starcraft are fine on medium o O The only crashes I had were because of trojans worms that I managed to kill anyway And now I want to change a bit my pc The last time my dad upgraded for me he changed the burnt motherboard and GPU so that now I have Ati radeon was decent years ago and Asus A N X with one socket for AMD Athlon MHz My budget is infinite theoretically used for calculations for now but the upgrade I need to do should be as effective as possible in terms of price quality So for now straight questions I got First I need is to add some ram ideally more GBs Considering my mobo OLD I ve got few examples which I m not sure about and I can t frikkin post links now cuz I have post ohh why is that I ll post them later I have one socket can I change my current core to AMD double core or even triple Is that even possible for that mobo Which will play the trick for the right price Little detail I prefer AMD over Intel I think I have a free PCI-E slot can I double my ati radeon Adding the second same video card is it possible From the three precedent questions it is possible that one of the best decision would be to change the entire mother board or is it I m open to all your clarifications proposals and if you need additional info on my system ask I m using AIDA hope I can find everything with it Don t propose Newegg deals I know it s a good site but I m from Canada no shipping there so eBay is fine for me Thank you nbsp

A:Upgrading a PC for the first time... on my own ;) RAM>motherboard>core

ok, I got links in my signature, first is my system at a glance and three others are my RAM examples.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-a-pc-for-the-first-time-on-my-own-ram-motherboard-core.167835/
Relevancy 21.5%

Good day everyone Well I have reached the point with my old machine where I am fed up with it s at this New smart machine time? gaming performance I New gaming machine smart at this time? am still New gaming machine smart at this time? running a single core with a GT for graphics Needless to say coupled to a inch monitor running at resolution I can t play even old games on medium settings I have come up with a budget system right now all I can afford and I think it offers a lot of options for the future However I have been out of the hardware loop for a good years now I have spent the last month catching up on information I am going to explain my specs and my reasons for them and hopefully some hardcore hardware gurus can help me confirm I am making the right choices CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition GHZ MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD RAM Corsair XMS CMX GX M A C GB X GB DDR - VIDEO CARD MSI N GTX Twin Frozr II OC CASE Corsair Obsidian Series D PSU Corsair Professional Series Gold AX Now the first thing that jumps out is yes I am thinking of diving right into the FX chipset This way I am ready to upgrade anytime once the upcoming Bulldozer series is released from AMD Also with this motherboard I can run a SLI Nvidia setup with a AMD CPU something that hasn t been possible in the past The CPU has very good overclocking ability so I hear and I see no point in buying a core CPU right now when the core Bulldozers are just around the corner This is a steal of a deal at including the HSF Not to mention virtually nothing available can take advantage of cores and I do not do ANY video editing The video card is not entirely what I want I wanted a GTX but it simply is not in the cards For a price jump of more to get into a GTX I have heard it is not worth it The GTX can overclock to near speeds and GTX s give almost identical performance to a GTX SLI setup for half the price In the near future probably months or so I can buy another GTX and SLI that setup and be good for a few years to come The power supply is big enough that I can SLI any Nvidia cards out there since I have no interest in ever running more than graphics cards at once The case is huge and easy to build in While expensive I think the case is one that is worth keeping for years to come I know I will always be able to handle bigger motherboards and bigger video cards down the road let s face it hardware is not shrinking All in all I just want to play current and future games for at least the next year or two I cannot stand lag and turned down graphics it just ruins the game play experience I do not edit video use photoshop to create digital art or anything of that sort This is strictly for watching movies listening to music browsing and playing games Does it sound like this is a good way to go nbsp

A:New gaming machine smart at this time?

Looks fine. You've obviously looked at a build with a degree of futureproofing (as much as there can be) in mind and some solid choices in build quality/warranty/longevity/expandibility.
I own an 800D, and they are a very roomy chassis. The 700D offers a little more for a few less dollars- although you would have to do without the window.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-machine-smart-at-this-time.166427/
Relevancy 21.93%

I'm having some serious issues with my PC; I recently switched Motherboards to an M2N-SLI board with my Radeon HD 4880 graphics card. I updated my drivers and everything, but I still get crashes whenever I start a graphics intensive game (Portal 2, even CS:S) I'm not sure what it could be. Any help available?

A:Radeon HD 4880 crashes after switching to M2N-SLI Mobo

When you changed motherboards did you re-use the old hard drive? If so, did you reinstall Windows or perform a Windows repair? If neither, then try a repair first. If that doesn't work, you may have to reinstall Windows from scratch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-4880-crashes-after-switching-to-m2n-sli-mobo.165104/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, firstly I have a working knowledge of home computers and have been asked to sort out our computers in the office.

At the moment we have 3 desktops and two laptops running off of a server. The problem is the server keeps crashing and we can't access any emails or the shared drive we all use to store company information. We are getting fed up with the IT company we contract to sort out our computer needs. I was wondering if we even need a network server - would it be reasonable in the short term to just have a networked hard drive or two that we can all access. Could someone explain to me in simple terms what the benefit of a server is ?
I will say this is a new company and our IT needs may increase rapidly in the near future.

Thanks

A:Advice for our office network

A server is just another system, specially configured, to run Services and store common data.

A WEB server (aka google.com) has an HTTP Service running on port 80
and a backend process that find user search keywords in a database and returns an HTML output of those URLs.

A common 'Server' for business is the Windows Server {2000, 2003, and now 2008).

The Windows Server(WS) can be configured to provide

1. a local DNS Service

2. a local DHCP service

3. an LDAP (or Active Directory Service)

4. and frequently an Exchange Server (for email)

Services 1+2 then control your company hardware network and service lookups.

Shared data is usually kept on the WS and accessed as Shared Directories.

The brute-force simple network just uses a system to contain the Shared Directories

and everyone just does his/her own thing (ie no domain.name and no email server {which doesn't look good or show much professionalism} ).

If Joe Doe jr, IT-Guy can't give you a stable WS, get another. This time ensure that
you get refunds of the monthly service fee for every hour of down time (if they balk at this, select another - - they're not too professional either).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-for-our-office-network.164408/
Relevancy 21.93%

Don't ya just hate people who only visit when they need a favor.
Kind of like me now.
Monday I should be getting a phone from Consumer Cellular.
It's the first one I've ever had that could take pictures. I also have a new Lenovo P.C.
with a card reader.Also the first time I've had one.
Heres my questions. Can I upload pictures from my phone to my computer?
How is that done? Would I take the sim card out of the phone,stick it in the card reader,and follow instructions.Or is there another card in a camera phone for uploading pictures. Thanks CB

A:Long time no thread

generally... no and no... unless using a "smartphone"...
mostly done either by sending the pic to your email... or by means of a cable.
I know of no phones that store pictures on the SIM. Maybe someone else does.

Smartphones sometimes (all?) offer microSD support; pix may be stored here.
MicroSD cards will require an adapter to be read by most computers, including the more recent netbooks.

There are devices/software for managing your sim card data,
(such as http://www.dekart.com/products/card_management/sim_manager/)

Many outfits offer "third party" cable and software systems for managing interaction between phone and pc (and rather than have two devices, that is the way I would probably go.)

When you have the details on your new phone, we can be of more specific assistance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-time-no-thread.163995/