Windows Support Forum

LG G2 IPS display weird problem - video for explanation

Q: LG G2 IPS display weird problem - video for explanation

The video is 1 min and 14 sec, yet only the couple first seconds is enough to understand the problem. what could be the problem for?

as you can see, half of the screen display colors correctly, the other half, the colors and texts and smudged, they are there but smudged and not applicable to read or view

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: LG G2 IPS display weird problem - video for explanation

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: LG G2 IPS display weird problem - video for explanation

Can you still RMA it, or did you do something that is not covered by the warranty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-g2-ips-display-weird-problem-video-for-explanation.203474/
Relevancy 67.94%

When I that MX6920 problem explanation driver video I Gateway had needs an upgraded my Gateway MX from Windows XP to Windows all that was missing was the video driver and Gateway MX6920 video driver problem I had that needs an explanation I didn't have Aero nor able to play games so I go hunting down a Windows video driver without success All I could find was Vista drivers that resulted in operating system not supported error messages I spent hours without success on finding a video driver I was ignoring the windows updates because I was looking for drivers my friend said he would look to see if he could find one I was already on th page of Google he just brought up the Windows Update window and voila the update was a video driver from Microsoft my question is why was finding a Windows driver impossible using Google if MSupdate has them on stock in Windows Update makes no sense that Google had none yet Windows Update did can anybody shed some light on why there is no drivers on the net but are on Windows Update if Windows Update has it shouldn't it be readily available on the internet Can someone tell me why this is

A:Gateway MX6920 video driver problem I had that needs an explanation

Sometime Microsoft will write the driver and place it in Windows Update. They did that with XP and old Epson Dot Matrix printers. Your Gateway specced out as having a Intel 945GM Chipset. I believe this driver from Intel would work.

Whenever you are looking for a particular driver, Right Click the device in Device Manager. Select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Look at that first line of text showing the Vendor and Device ID. Go to Pcidatabase.com and put your Vendor and Device ID in the search boxes.

Sometimes copying the full line in Google will also give you a clue on where to get the driver.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543988/gateway-mx6920-video-driver-problem-i-had-that-needs-an-explanation/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have discovered that Windows media player has adopted a strange display in video mode. The picture area shows the image only in the top left half of the play screen. The image is seemingly repeated alongside in the right hand top half of the play screen. Immediately below these 2 images there is a grey band of multiple images filling the lower half of the screen. Also the image should be in colour and is in Black & White.
The O S is Windows ME.
Any help much appreciated.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi All

I have a few friends coming around to my house soon and I want to show them a presentation I have prepared. I have a Dell Latitude which has an s-Video spcket on the left hand side together with a supplied connector. Should I be able to simply take the Dell s-video socket to this connector (which has s-video, Composite Video, and Digital Audio sockets), then from the Composite Video straight to the yello video socket on my TV...?

Is that the way s-video works...? Should I have to re-boot to see anything on the TV..?

Thanks...

A:s-Video connection... explanation please

yes. after you connect the cable right-click on the desktop and choose properties. click on settings and enable the second monitor. You may have to reboot, but windows will prompt you if a reboot is needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/s-video-connection-explanation-please.218995/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am going to purchase a new Dell XPS and one of the options I m mulling over is the graphics The options new on explanation options a of pc video I have are MB PCI Express x explanation of video options on a new pc DVI VGA TV-out nVidia GeForce Included in Price MB Nvidia GeForce GTX add Dual MB PCI Express x DVI VGA TV-out nVidia GeForce add Dual MB Nvidia GeForce GTX with SLI Technology add Dual MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX with SLI Technology add I don t think I can justify the last two options in the list Money is explanation of video options on a new pc not the object but I don t want to overpay for what I need and I m not a hardcore gamer or graphics professional I m trying to decide between the nd and rd options I guess the GeForce GTX is the latest-and-greatest model so would a DUAL installation of GeForce outperform the single GTX Does anyone have suggestions I m not sure I understand explanation of video options on a new pc the reason for dual cards is it only for running multiple monitors or do the two cards somehow combine to share the processing of graphics for a single line output Many thanks Richard nbsp

A:explanation of video options on a new pc

If you do not game alot go with the first pick and upgrade later at a cheaper price for the cards if and when needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explanation-of-video-options-on-a-new-pc.448413/
Relevancy 58.05%

I searched the forum on similar problem for hours but couldn't find one or may be I missed it.
Computer and monitor about 2 yr+. Everything worked in perfect condition until quite recently.
Problem : display will have green dots and some pink dots across the screen whenever window live messenger is opened. Refresh screen won't help but display will be back to normal if I activate the display property screen and click the OK button.

- Intel 4 3.2g
- window XP Pro SP2
- mobo MSI6788 (848P-Neo-V
- Radeon 9250 128mb (AGP)
- RAM 512 mb
- monitor Samsung SyncMaster 793DF 17' CRT

A:Need help of weird display problem

I don't know what's wrong, but be grateful you have a way to get out of it. Some kinda glitch. No biggie. Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-of-weird-display-problem.82188/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi to all I am new here so sorry if i posted this in wrong forum but actually i problem... Weird display don't have the slightest clue what the heck is wrong so it is possible that this actually is the right forum for my problems Let me try to explain I have installed Windows original Professional edition activated but since then i have weird problems with my LCD monitor It's Philips Brilliance P and the graphics card is Ati radeon HD XT The problem is this and it appears MOSTLY when i browse the internet I have tried to explore why does this happen and when does it happen Why - i still got no clue but when well this is the interresting part - this error happens when system needs to display particulary large PNG files For example when i go to Wikipedia Weird display problem... and try to view larger PNG images and on any other website that has any larger PNG images What happens is this - display just switches off and informs me that quot there is no video input quot If i scroll down a bit Weird display problem... so this big png picture is no longer visible monitor switches back on Weird display problem... and everything is fine Until i scroll back to the png image I can also try to close the browser window blindfull dont forget - i have absolutely no picture if png image is visible or go to any other opened window - the important is that there is no PNG around and everything will be fine I have tested this on several browsers IE Firefox Chrome and it's all the same thing On any other OS Windows Vista Ubuntu Linux Windows XP everything works fine Win has the latest drivers for my video card and my monitor is identified as the quot classic plug and play monitor quot This is just driving me crazy and i would like to fix this but i don't have idea what the hell is wrong so any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Weird display problem...

Hello, Zimzon. Welcome to the best Windows support forums out there!

I must confess I have never seen this problem before. Do you have any other monitors you can try?

Let me ask a couple more questions: did you upgrade from Vista or did you do a clean install? Has it always been this way, or did it arise recently?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/49615-weird-display-problem.html
Relevancy 58.05%

This only started happening after I restored the machine from the restore partition Anyway every once in a while the display will become distored in a problem Weird display way It only shows a small portion of the full display Weird display problem but it becomes enlarged and when you move the mouse to click on something the cursor is always off - like where it shows the cursor is not actually where the cursor is clicking Another thing is every once in a while some of the onscreen text will become blue I ve already Weird display problem ruled out the monitor so really the only other thing I can think it would be is the video card I opened it up and it s an onboard Video card with no fan only a heat sync and I ve already tried differnent drivers so drivers are not the issue either It s very random when this happens seems like it will happen in the worst times you re in the middle of an install or typing a document and poof the screen screws up and all it takes is a reboot and it s back to normal but it s very burdening I have an extra video card I m about to try but something tells me that there s more to it The machine is a proprietary emachines build model T - here are the specifications http www emachines com support product support html cat Desktops amp subcat T-Series amp model T -- the video card is ATI Radeon Xpress PCI-Express MB shared video memory Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or heard wind of a problem simliar to this All comments and suggestions are welcome Thanks Josh nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

This happens regularly on my Dell Latitude D630 running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 32-bit. This is a fresh install not an upgrade. The icons return to normal by simply passing the mouse over them but the desktop stays the same until I reboot. See screen shot attached.

A:Weird display problem

Quote: Originally Posted by mrriso

This happens regularly on my Dell Latitude D630 running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 32-bit. This is a fresh install not an upgrade. The icons return to normal by simply passing the mouse over them but the desktop stays the same until I reboot. See screen shot attached.

Looks like a driver display problem. I would re-install the newest version of the video driver

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/115676-weird-display-problem.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Since few days ago I have a weird display problem,it is like my PC is playing now you see me/now you don't with me.
When I log on after start,everything is ok,I can see all my gadgets on a desktop,but for example when I open Firefox(or any other program),and press show Show Desktop button,there is no gadgets on a screen.I press it again-gadgets are here,and then if I press Show Desktop again-there are not gadgets on the screen,and if I would do it for a day,it is the same result every time-once gadgets are here,and another time are not.

Download and run malwarebytes, make a full scan after its updated
Make a full anti virus scan

Go to device manager make sure graphics driver is up to date and no yellow warning markers show
Make an sfc scan
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/122345-weird-display-problem.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Recently upgraded the computer and istalled xp pro on it updated all drivers and everything is working ok EXCEPT the display This is tricky to explain so bear with me When in windows if display Weird problem i have a folder open inbetween max and min and then drag it from one side of the screen Weird display problem to another the information and the box that surrounds the folder kinda flickers I have drawn a wee html diagram hope it displays Normal No Flicker lt ------------------------------ Mine Flicker lt --------------------------- Once you stop moving it its fine its only when it s moving about it flickers and jitter s I have downloaded and install all the latest bios display direct x open gl Weird display problem via in drivers but it dosen t make a difference I did have a virus tho - win pinfi but i used norton to distroy it and have my firewall up and running fine now Don t know when the problem started like if it has been since i first installed xp or after i have changed all the drivers settings I have checked all the display option - refresh resolutions etc and tried it in lowest - highest but it dosen t make a difference Could anyone shed some light on this as it s affecting the games aswell when you turn around for example the graphics go all jittery and kinda blurry Which is irritating to say the least when i have spent tons of money upgrading and now getting a poorer permormance PC SPEC Athlon gb rpm maxtor Geforce ti memory KD abit motherboard DDR memory Sound on board OS win pro MB Cable Connection nbsp

Ok, well let's look at a few things. It's nice to see I don't have to suggest getting all the latest drivers and updates.
1) Go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/System/Advanced, then click on the Settings tab for Performance. Have a look at all those settings and have a tinker with them.
2) Make sure your video card is setup nicely. http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/geforce/index.shtml is a nice guide for doing just that.
3) I suggest using the program NVMax to make it easier to change the settings. the guide will show you how to use it.
4) List what games you are getting problems occuring in. Do you have a Half-Life based game or Unreal Tournement (not UT2003). If so try running them on Software Rendering mode. See if the problem occurs. If it doesn't then the problem definately lies with your video card or its setup.
Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-display-problem.128820/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, my display is really off and there are times when games are pixelly(?) and there are times when its fine. I am here to identify if it is a GPU problem or a monitor problem. Here is a picture taken with my phone because you guys might not see it if i print screened. Thanks guys.

EDIT: errr sorry guys, its rotated to the right for some reason ...the yellow arrows should be pointing up, sorry for the inconvenience

A:Can't explain weird display problem

Hi,

First thing to do is plug in a known working monitor in order to rule
out the original monitor as faulty.

If that is not the case then check to see if your GPU driver is up-to-date?

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/302501-cant-explain-weird-display-problem.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Since my computer was invaded by a virus, its been having problems displaying image files correctly. Usually, image files on the net (e.g. the google logo as shown below) become etched,

Additionally, letters sometimes have dots as small as pixels missing from them but this is not a monitor problem, since different locations suffer this loss. I've already tried downloading the driver to my radeon gfx card, but the problem is still there.

Anyone have any suggestions?

A:Weird Image Display Problem!

You didn't mention if you took steps to get rid of the virus and what they were. Give more info on the virus plz.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-image-display-problem-12138.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all, my mate has a problem with his windows 7. When he runs any game (even mines searching), he is getting undefined yellow shapes and triangles.
Here is the pictures: picture 1, picture 2, picture 3.
He is running on: NVIDIA 6600
Thanks for help, regard.

A:weird display problem on games

Hey There,,
Maybe try running the Direct_X-08 distribution over win7. I had to do it to get
AOC running.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/14427-weird-display-problem-games.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Just started happening about 2 hours ago I can't seem to change my appearance in the Display Properties it just hangs after I get the dialog box that says wait one moment. It's so weird all of my windows background are white I don't have the blue background, the taskbar is in classic style. If anyone knows the fix to this it would be greatly appreciated. I've gotten familiar with the XP styling and classic reminds me of Windows 95 .
I have scanned for virii, spyware/adware used Registry Mechanic 4.0. I don't know what else to do . HELP please!!

A:Weird problem with Display Properties

Never mind folks I found out the problem, would you believe it was ZA causing me to nearly pull out my hair. In case this happens to anyone else all you have to do is disable ZA and go back into Display Properties and change the appearance the way you want. It seems ZA freezes the OS when attempting to alter Themes and Display Properties settings in XP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-problem-with-display-properties-36165.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Guys, um facing this really weird problem and i need your help.

I bought a new GPU about a month ago and now its bothering me real bad.

When ever I turn my PC on, I dont get any output on my Display most of the times. To get the output I have to turn on and off my pc a few times. I tested my GPU on other mobo am also tested my Mobo with another Gpu and both of my hardwares were fine. I think i have almost tried everything but nothing worked.

So please help me! I wanted to show you the video but the posting doesnt allow.

A:Very weird Display related problem

We know absolutely nothing about your computer's hardware and its power supply.
Some detailed information(motherboard, processor, graphics card, power supply, etc.) would be helpful.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-weird-display-related-problem.1167816/
Relevancy 56.76%

ok so before i get started im running windows home premium bit with an amd phenom II T crossfirex 's and just recently upgraded to gigs of corsair vengeance ok the problem i have found is back when i was running gig of ram i could go into dxdiag and click on the display tab and next to approx total memory it would say around gig now that i have installed gig of ram it is saying mb of memory how can this be each of my cards has gig of ram alone without using any of the system memory if i right click on my desktop and click resolution then advanced settings under my video cards adapter tab it says total available graphics memory mb dedicated video memory mb and shared system memory mb so does this mean that dxdiag is not accurate or is there weird dxdiag memory. display with regarding problem actually something wrong with my pc weird problem with dxdiag regarding display memory. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

A:weird problem with dxdiag regarding display memory.

Quote: Originally Posted by flimsay77

ok so before i get started im running windows 7 home premium 64bit with an amd phenom II 1090T, crossfirex 6850's and just recently upgraded to 8 gigs of corsair vengeance.

ok the problem i have found is back when i was running 4 gig of ram i could go into dxdiag and click on the display tab and next to approx total memory it would say around 3.5gig. now that i have installed 8 gig of ram it is saying 1758mb of memory. how can this be? each 1 of my cards has 1 gig of ram alone without using any of the system memory.

if i right click on my desktop and click resolution then advanced settings, under my video cards adapter tab it says total available graphics memory 5886mb, dedicated video memory 2048mb and shared system memory 3838mb.

so does this mean that dxdiag is not accurate or is there actually something wrong with my pc?

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

please read this snapback post Why is my graphics card only displaying 742 MB

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/191909-weird-problem-dxdiag-regarding-display-memory.html
Relevancy 56.76%

As you can see from the screen shots that I ve attached this weird display problem only presents itself when the PLEASE Solved: WEIRD problem/conflict...HELP display computer is left idle for a couple of hours When I return to the computer this is what the desktop looks like If Solved: WEIRD display problem/conflict...HELP PLEASE you try to open anything if you can find it most often times what comes up is an outline of the program but it s transparent and changes when you move the mouse over it Solved: WEIRD display problem/conflict...HELP PLEASE The computer runs like a dream otherwise rebooting immediately resolves the issue and doesn t return until it s left unattended for a couple of hours HP is currently trying to resolve the issue which they ve now seen once remotely connected but they have no idea what s causing it I previously had this same computer listed below and had the same problem and returned it to the store This started on the new computer my current one almost immediately as well One weird thing that was found by HP was in the device mgr under the video adapter there were four installs of HP RC Mirror Driver along with the Nvidia driver which is current and re-downloaded and re-installed HP had no idea why there was four of these and removed them They have not returned magically and there s no obvious problems or changes as a result of that removal nor has the problem disappeared either We have disabled Aero no effect I just recently disabled Reat Time Shield on Spyware Terminator to see if that s it It s obviously some conflict with me and my applications as they have no reported isses with the computer and Fry s also said that they re unaware of any such problems only raves I have an HP Elite m f Intel Core Quad Q gig ram GB Nvidia GeForce GT Programs Installed all fully updated Timeslips which is not vista compatible but works perfectly Timeslips tech support said that the known issues are functionality related not display related Office Pro sp Adobe Acrobat Standard AVG Free AV Spyware Terminator Filemaker Pro v Quicken Codewallet Launch n Go Workspace Macro Web Replay Password Mgr Google toolbar I Backup Drive I Backup Backup software nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Running a 3 year old IBM Thinkpad, XP SP3. Recently the display has started behaving strangely with the task bar vanishing and an error message saying 'Failed to initialize properly 0xc000012d.' Parts of the screen display disappear, and random cursors appear. A reboot gets things on track, sometimes for the rest of the day.
I run scandisk each month, and have just run a complete set of PC Doctor diagnostics. Everything came up clean as a whistle. I guess a clean re-install might do the trick. I'd just appreciate a few insights from you knowledgeable folks about what the problem might be.

Thanks in advance,
Stephen.

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone I have been having a strange problem lately It started off minor but seems to be getting worse When I boot up the top of boot on up Solved: breaks - Display Weird problem the display seems to break up kinda ghosting and now everytime I boot it Solved: Weird problem on boot - Display breaks up seems to break up more moving down towards the center It s really hard to explain Once booted into Vista the display is solid and seems to be fine I recently bought a new graphics card a Solved: Weird problem on boot - Display breaks up NVIDIA GeForce GT I m starting to wonder if it s not Solved: Weird problem on boot - Display breaks up faulty If that is the case I will be really relieved becaue then I can just swop it Let me know what you guys think My PC specs are below Thanks in advance for your help The detected result of Vista Manager - System Information Hardware Motherboard GeForce PM-M Basic I O System BIOS Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v PG Central Processing Unit CPU AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor Physical Memory GB Hard Disk X ST AS SCSI Disk Device GB ST AS SCSI Disk Device GB Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Monitor Generic PnP Monitor Audio Device X Realtek High Definition Audio Network Adapter Local Area Connection - NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Media disconnected Modem HUAWEI Mobile Connect - G Modem Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse Microsoft PS Port Mouse IntelliPoint nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Ok here s a weird one for everyone out there Last night I m happily playing morrowind as a storm s a brewin outside I as stupid as I can be don t want to turn possibly drivers? display Very weird nvidia problem, off my computer because I am enjoying myself So of course the power goes out and my computer shuts off I didn t turn it back on I just went to sleep Next morning I wake up at turn it on no problems o clock rolls around still no problem Very weird problem, possibly nvidia display drivers? Then I get home Very weird problem, possibly nvidia display drivers? around o clock turn on the monitor start doing a few things and bam suddenly a few items in the task bar turn black Very weird problem, possibly nvidia display drivers? and the monitor goes into suspend mode as if it s not getting a signal at all I freak out and start to try different things I turn it back on after a few minutes and in the BIOS startup screen and the windows boot screen I get lots of little artifacts and weird graphical glitches I figure it is myvideo card so I take it out swap in another video card and things seem to be running alright again So I take the supposedly messed up card out Geforce Ti and put it into my other computer That computer gets the same glitches on startup but when it gets to windows the monitor does not go into susprned mode it continues to get a signal So here s where it gets weird on that same computer I install the newest nvidia drivers and as soon as I did that the problem starts again So I reseat my heatsink and fan put it back into the original conmputer and roll back to some older nvidia drivers The artifacts totallygoaway and it seems to berunning alright now Sorry for the long post but what the heck do you think the problem could be Is there a glitch in the new nvidia drivers or is mycard about thebitethe dust Any input isgreatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I am hoping someone will take a look at this and see if they can duplicate the problem. I don't run win8 but value the sevenforums and Brink/Shawn's knowledgable troubleshooting and thought I'd ask here. I'm merely interested because I can't duplicate it on my own. The Manage Addon window in IE10 is not displaying correctly and there seems to be no way to resize the two panes that are not showing correctly. Do you think this would be a registry problem or do you think a reinstall of IE10 would override whatever setting is causing the window to display improperly. Would an uninstall and reinstall of IE10 be necessary or the best course? What do you think?

Thanks.

This is the original thread that I was interested in.

A:Weird Display problem with IE10 Manage Addons window

Hello gvstn, and welcome to Eight Forums.

It appears that you should be able to drag the bottom and side borders of that window down more until you to see more of what's in the window.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/32578-weird-display-problem-ie10-manage-addons-window.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey all, lately I've noticed a very weird problem on my monitors. I have random pixels that are strangely coloured all around the screen, things are still visible. I am fairly sure it isn't dead pixels as my main monitor is very new, and when i play my xbox 360 through it, it doesnt seem to occur, i have uninstalled and reinstalled different video drivers and it has had no affect. My specs are as follows..
XP SP2
Evga Nvidia 7900gt/ko
acer 22'widescreen
and if you need any other specs dont mind asking.

Relevancy 55.04%

I have this weird video problem, I think it is a video problem. I can't really explain this but I have a picture to do the talking instead. Here it is:So yeah, basically everything fades or looks as if the icons or images are speeding and the shadows show.I was wondering how would I go about fixing this?Thanks.

A:Weird video problem.

Is this your first time using Windows 7?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407578/weird-video-problem/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everyone I have an error that I can t seem Problem Weird Video to figure out the solution The youtube video below shows the error there is some wierd graphic delay Weird Video Problem whenever I drag browsers or folders iframe - YouTube Things i ve tried so far to try to fix this problem I have replaced my GPU that was overclocked with a brand new I have reseated and reapplied Artic Silver for CPU I have placed the ram sticks in Slot amp Slot instead of Slot amp Slot Computer Specs CPU AMD Fx- Ghz CPU Cooler CoolerMaster Weird Video Problem Hyper Mobo ASRock Extreme Ram G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC GPU SAPPHIRE Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Not Overclocked HDD WD Caviar Blue gb SATA Gb s quot PSU w Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus RS -PCARD -US ATX v v Case COOLER MASTER HAF RC- -KKN Black SECC ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case OS Windows Ultimate bit The three links below show things I have done to my computer http www overclockers com forums showthread php t - Overclockers Forums - CPU Overclock http www overclockers com forums showthread php t - Overclockers Forums - Electric Fail http www overclockers com forums showthread php t - Overclockers Forums - GPU Overclock

A:Weird Video Problem

Update.

I now found out it's not only video lag.

With AERO enabled, there is no shadow trail but whenever i'm browsing the net, my mouse and sound will stutter horribly. My CPU also spikes a lot as you can see from the pic, this is all from just checking my email to looking at youtube.

http://i.imgur.com/29v3b.png

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471368/weird-video-problem/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok this problem has been plaguing me for a while It s a little tough to explain but I will try Whenever I try to watch a dvd or an avi file the screen appears black at first and then if i just mouse over any button such as fast forward or reverse the picture flickers a little bit and then goes back to black I have windows xp with an ati radeon Here is the next weird part yesterday i installed the Weird Video Problem latest drivers then was able to watch two full length avi movies with no problems However when i go to watch something today it doesnt work I changed absolutely nothing to my computer overnight Today i tried reinstalling the drivers installing the latest directx and i know that i have the codecs to play it because i used gspot codec checker I Weird Video Problem am trying to play files with vlc media player but ive also run into the same problem trying to play dvds with all Weird Video Problem kinds of various players This problem has me really stumped and i d appreciate it if someone could help out Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/61926/weird-video-problem/
Relevancy 55.04%

It started a couple of days ago I was online playing a game of literai and the game board started to have red and green lines thru it in spots. I ran syware, trojan hunter, and others got rid of a winfix7 trojan. I thought maybe my video was corrupted so I re installed driver and thought everything was fine. But it is still happening. I went and checked by using another monitor and it is not happening there. But it is only having problems in spots, and not always the same spot. When I run my mouse thru it the color is fine and not messed up. Any suggestions. I really dont want to junk the monitor it is just over a year old.

A:Weird Video Problem

Sounds like that monitor has had it. You may need to bring it in for repairs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-video-problem.569277/
Relevancy 54.61%

For about two months now whenever I use a program that involves encoding video the video in weird encoding problem XP program crashes quot program x has encountered a problem and needs to close quot Every time The problem manifests itself most often as follows - Using the software that came with my webcam Logitech whenever I try to compress video for e-mail Logitech support investigated every possible solution and tentatively determined that the problem lay with my OS - When using Windows Media Encoder- I can no longer compress video or change video formats - When trying to preview weird video encoding problem in XP videos weird video encoding problem in XP while downloading All of the above worked before I have made no changes to my OS that I am aware of I have all the latest updates for the respective software and virutally every codec And to reiterate- it all worked before Sometimes when these crashes occur Windows XP Error Reporting will refer me to a Microsoft quot Crash Analysis quot that posits that the crash was likely caused by quot MPEG Encoder manufactured by MainConcept AG quot and suggests that I can solve the problem by updating this program I have never had this program on my computer Very mysterious Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I have a very unusual problem Sometimes when booting the monitor only shows a blinking cursor in the top-left corner No POST nothing on video weird problem boot-up else The weird thing is that the system appears to be booting quite normally as sometimes if I wait long enough - minutes tops I can hear the startup sound Meanwhile the cursor is steadily blinking uncaring of the frustration it is causing My system weird video problem on boot-up is the following Win PRO bit gb ddr x mb single channel ASrock K NF -VSTA soket AGP x AMD GHz ATI Radeon HD mb AGP x W weird video problem on boot-up power source IDE DVDRW master SATA HDD rpm usable GB PCI wifi n card PS keyboard USB wireless mouse I use on-board sound card pc connected to monitor via VGA I admit that my system is old but it can still handle windows and it feels more responsive than XP Recently the only change to the specs was the upgraded the video card I previously had the terrible FX which could barely handle non-transparent aero I upgraded to the radeon hd about - years old bought it at a fair price and everything started smoothly The PC felt like new everything was faster and smoother no more jerkiness and I could finally use transparency and as a bonus p HD works like a charm and smooth like butter on this aging computer years old at least The ATI card needed aditional power the -pin connector and the specs say minimum requirement is W which is what my power source also says on the label so this is covered I think or rather hope I got rating after this upgrade CPU- RAM- Graphics- Gaming- HDD- which is rather well for an aging PC I think The problem appeared shortly after I installed the new GPU A few days later I mean Randomly on boot-up the PC doesn't show POST only a blinking cursor in the top-left corner The HDD DVD everything sounds like normal boot I even manage to hear the start-up sound of windows I didn't actually test it but I think that every time windows boots succesfully only I can't get the image as all I see is the constantly blinking cursor To be absolutely clear on the issue sometimes from the moment I push the power button and the system is booting all I see on screen is the blinking cursor Nothing else No POST info no nothing it just stays like that blinking If I power off then back on it usually gets fixed and I get the usual POST and windows boot-up animation But sometimes I reset the thing times in a row and I still got the blinking cursor It's just random And it's hard to tell if it gets fixed because it can work ok - days in a row then suddenly start blinking at me again What I can tell is that this didn't happen with the older card the FX So something happened when I installed the new GPU Could it be faulty GPU Could the power source not be powerful enough for this GPU could it be some kind of incompatibility between the motherboard and the GPU or between the GPU and something else Can I do anything to find out what the problem is I don't want tu buy anything more for this pc If it costs me too much to fix this I would rather buy parts for a new PC mb cpu ram the usual Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:weird video problem on boot-up

i remember having similar problem after fresh installing windows 7,then after several hours frustation i realised i still had my laptop set to boot from the cd,Doh!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/113752-weird-video-problem-boot-up.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a set of home movies on my hard drive that plays flawlessly. But when I try to use Nero 9 to burn it to DVD-R, my video player complains that it cannot find the video stream. I am using Vista 64-bit Home Premium, Nero 9 Burning Rom, and Crystal Player. Just before this I had burned several video clips to disks and they work fine, it is just this set of videos that are giving me trouble. I really wasn't sure where to post this, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Kallie

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-video-file-problem.121845/
Relevancy 54.61%

On my Weird, video/audio problem Dell Inspiron laptop I've had several recent odd problems with the audio video The video or audio will suddenly freeze in a loop of the last sound imagine the last sound was a Weird, video/audio problem 'g' sound and it going 'ggggggggggggggggggg' for a few seconds The video will also usually freeze and then it 'catches up' and starts working again So far I've done multiple spyware malware virus checks with various software including Spybot Malwarebytes AVG Microsoft Security Scanner and Kaspersky rescue disk I did find the remnants of a hijacker I'd found earlier but the scanner cleaned it up I also have updated any and all audio and video drivers I could think of updated browsers updated my video and audio players and updated Adobe Flash Player None of these seem to work and I was so sure with Flash since the error occurs both for online videos as well as DVDs This error is very annoying and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas I sure don't want to do a factory restore on this thing again

A:Weird, video/audio problem

Were the graphics driver downloaded from the manufacturer's website? Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size. Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.  Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.How to Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get online with the computer Speccy was run on.Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491752/weird-videoaudio-problem/
Relevancy 54.61%

I m Video Problem Weird Card having a very strange problem with what I think is my video card Everything was working fine until a fuse got blown on the circuit my computer is plugged Weird Video Card Problem in to When I tried to turn it back on everything seemed to be working fine it boots fine and even reaches the windows desktop but only moments after loading the desktop the screen becomes all distorted to the point where nothing is recognizable It s like a static image of distorted graphics so I can t see the mouse moving or anything like that For the few seconds that the desktop has loaded before it becomes distorted everything seems to be functioning normally as in I can move the mouse around and click things but once it freaks out the computer basically becomes completely non-responsive The computer does seem to try and fix it screen goes black after a while but comes back the same as before but no matter how long I ve let it do this it doesn t seem to help The video card is an Nvidia GeForce GX I don t think it s a virus since I recently wiped the HDD and reinstalled windows a few weeks ago I also don t think it s overheating because while it does seem very hot to the touch the fans are running like the normally do Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone I m new to the forums and I m having crashing problems with my computer I have a Radeon Pro and the rest of my spec s are at the bottem of the post Here s a list of what makes my card problem Weird video computer crash opening Internet Explorer Right clicking my the recycle bin and emptying it Weird video card problem Clicking on quot turn off my computer quot in the start menu opening windows update And all games under DX Weird list huh If I turn Hardware Acceleration all the way off everything works fine but I can t play games and that s not acceptable I tried reinstalling DX c and my ATi drivers and nothing Weird video card problem has worked There s no error after my comp crashes not that I know of at least and I ve tried disabling all backround programs and that didn t help I don t know what to do it seems like I ve tried everything please help Processor AMD Athlon Processor GHz Memory MB RAM Video Card Radeon Pro Mobo Asus A V Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack nbsp

A:Weird video card problem

There maybe a error code but it crashes too quick for you to see.To see it if there is one Press the Windows Logo key + Pause break keys together and click the Advanced tab and under Startup & recovery click Settings and under System Failure uncheck Automatically Restart now when it crashes hopefully and error code will be displayed......you could also try lowering your screen resolution and see what affect that has.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-video-card-problem.507330/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all. My computer has a very strange problem with nvidia graphic cards. For some reason they dont work in Windows 2000 or XP. They work perfectly in 98 though. When i try to use an nvidia card in my computer with either xp or 2000 it says "This Device Could Not Start (Code 10). Yet any other brand works fine. I tried to install new graphic card drivers but that didnt help. Could this problem be with my bios? Do i need to flash it? Or is my motherboard not compatible with nvidia video cards? The motherboards chipset is the VIA Apollo PRO 133.
Ive tried both a geforce MX440 and a Vanta LT but they both do exactly the same thing.

These are my system specs:
Windows 2000 Pro SP4
Intel Pentium III 800mhz
192MB Ram
10GB Hdd
Nvidia Vanta LT 8MB AGP

Thanks, Nissanman

A:Weird Nvidia Video Card Problem

You have a very old/outdated motherboard and system. If you can get along with any other card besides the Nvidia cards, go ahead and use them. I really doubt if a bios upgrade is available for your board

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-nvidia-video-card-problem.79655/
Relevancy 54.18%

my inspiron 1501 laptop has been acting weirdly since a BSOD
i have been told i need to update the video bios. How do i do this

A:Weird video problem Ati radeon 1150 IGP

If the problem is in fact your video drivers, download and install Driver Cleaner, restart the computer in Safe Mode, run driver cleaner and remove the old video drivers. Restart the computer in normal mode and install the latest video drivers for your video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-video-problem-ati-radeon-1150-igp.93449/
Relevancy 53.32%

This is a good one Sorry for the length I have an ASUS motherboard in my home-built machine It has regular PCI PCI-E X and X slots I use a D-Link WDA- PCI wireless card and has been working great in the past and card) interference problem video (WiFi Weird few months with WPA encryption to my D-Link router I also have an ATI All-In-Wonder PCI-E X card and has been working great as well I Weird interference problem (WiFi and video card) decided to change to an NVidia card because I don t want the TV Tuner built-in the ATI anymore since I am getting a satellite TV tuner instead and I don t want to have two tuners in the same machine Now here s the problem As soon as I installed the NVIDIA card my wireless card stopped working I mean the wireless card will find the signal and often times will quot connect quot and get an IP from my router but when it comes to using the internet there s no data transfer at all I tried to ping my router and I only got quot Request time out quot messages in the CMD window Sometimes I would get a VERY high reply time like ms or ms normally I should get reply Weird interference problem (WiFi and video card) times about only ms but most of the times it times out I took out and reseated both cards and I saw some improvement but still very bad ping times Yes my wireless card Weird interference problem (WiFi and video card) antenna was securely connected and my signal strength was Excellent the whole time My laptop sitting right next to me would have no problems at all trying to ping my router so the router is not the problem here I started touching and pushing my Nvidia card in the slot while I looked at the ping times and I noticed how the ping times fluctuated from very bad to good depending on the position of the card I guess Without a screw securing the Nvidia card I was able to play a bit with it The Nvidia card is two slots away from my wireless card so I figured I would separate them more I have another PCI-E slot in my motherboard so I tried that and put the wireless card in the PCI slot furthest away from the Nvidia card Still didn t make a difference Bad ping times all the time So I decided to put my ATI card back in the computer and removed the Nvidia card Now the wireless card was happy again and ping times were fine around ms I went back to the Nvidia card just to confirm and once again my ping times were screwed up in the ms range or timing out Now here s the interesting part I took both my Nvidia card and my wireless card and installed both of them on a different computer a Gateway machine with a Core Duo on an Intel motherboard I was expecting the same problem to happen but it didn t The wireless card was happy ping times were great and the Nvidia card was working fine I am getting a replacement of the Nvidia card just to see if it makes a difference What the hell could be happening here Why is the Nvidia card causing problems with my wireless card only in my computer but not in another computer nbsp

A:Weird interference problem (WiFi and video card)

Well, here's the happy ending to my story. After exchanging my NVidia card for another, and also updating the BIOS and upgrading all the motherboard, chipset, NVidia and D-Link drivers to their latest versions and realizing none of these solved the problem, I decided to change my wireless card.

I exchanged my D-Link WDA-2320 PCI wireless card with someone who has a Linksys WMP54G PCI card and problem solved! My D-Link card lives happy in his machine, and his Linksys card is happy with the NVidia card in my computer!

Lesson learned: Some combinations of hardware just don't get along!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-interference-problem-wifi-and-video-card.629938/
Relevancy 53.32%

Google Chrome version unknown Operating System windows vista bit Extensions installed none After I cleared out my cache cookies in chrome for the first time a strange thing happened when I visited sites with videos on it For example on one site a youtube video that is [SOLVED] Chrome: video Weird viewing problem somewhere on the page appears in the upper left hand corner taking up almost th of the screen I couldn't find anyway to get rid of it Then on youtube itself whenever I click on a video a white box appears covering the middle of the screen I'm not sure what's causing it Also for some sites it seems where a flash thing would be it's just a [SOLVED] Chrome: Weird video viewing problem black box I tried uninstalling reinstalling the flash player but it didn't seem to work I can watch videos on IE fine so it seems to be just chrome The three pictures below are examples of what I'm seeing http img imageshack us img chromepic jpg http img imageshack us img chromepic jpg http img imageshack us img chromepic jpg Thanks in advance for the help

A:[SOLVED] Chrome: Weird video viewing problem

Fixed the problem. Updated chrome (for some reason it kept saying there were no new updates when there actually was).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/solved-chrome-weird-video-viewing-problem-477603.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have had this problem since building my box earlier this year but it was never really serious I screen problem... intermittent Weird video/post/black ll start by telling you my basic hardware setup Windows XP Pro SP ASUS A R -MVP Mobo AMD X GB OCZ RAM ATI x xt MB Video Samsung bf LCD x quot What happens is this If everything is off monitor and PC and I Weird video/post/black screen intermittent problem... power up what normally happens is my video card fan spins up real loud the screen POSTS the video card fan spins down and the rest of the PC is completely quiet This is a normal boot Sometimes maybe in boots I ll hear the video card fan spin up I don t hear the single beep POST and the fan does not spin down it seems to be stuck in a loop with a black monitor screen To remedy this I just power down and start it back up This is when I power the system up from the start I also get a problem sometimes when I reboot from the OS I will restart the computer it goes back to where it should normally POST but instead I get a black screen and no beep sound for the POST message Monitor is black screen again It seems like a POST issue because I don t hear the single POST beep like I normally would In Windows XP itself I have no performance issues and benchmarks run fine Memory tests fine in memtest in DOS Everything seems fine and everything works fine except for the occassional POST not going through which requires me to power off and back up I thought it could be a video to monitor connection problem at first now I m thinking motherboard BIOS issue It s intermittent though and out of times it s fine the other time it s not working nbsp

A:Weird video/post/black screen intermittent problem...

It could also be a psu issue!! What psu make and wattage are you using??

If it is a cheap generic one then that could explain it!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-video-post-black-screen-intermittent-problem.64079/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys its a bit hard for me to explain the problem that I have with my ATI radeon HD 4870 card but I made a small video for you guys to check it out.

Any Ideas on what I can do to get this fixed or is my card on the verge of dying?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_4_haPMVIo

Thankyou any help would be appreciated
Cheers

A:ATI Radeon HD 4870 weird flickering problem (video to showcase)

Video card is broken. Something gave up around the video memory or the memory itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-hd-4870-weird-flickering-problem-video-to-showcase.168014/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an Nvidia 9800GT with S-video out, Windows 7 Home Premium, a working S-video cable and a Digistar TV with S-video in. The S-video cable is plugged into the S-video out on my gpu and s-video in on my tv. In Windows 7's display options, my S-video setup is not detected, nor is it in Nvidia control panel, even when I force TV detection on startup. I can get the S-video setup to work perfectly when I unplug my monitor, leave S-video setup in and go through my bios or windows 7 safe mode. When I start normal windows 7 mode, my TV goes blank. What do I do to get S-video working in normal windows mode?

A:S-Video Display Problem

202 views and no answer

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/50291-s-video-display-problem.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey everyone Im currently helping out a friend with a video display problem So far we have tried two different video cards on different mobos but there is no display at all I swapped one of these video cards in my current machine Which is a good computer but still no display I swapped my good video card The one I am currently using from the above good computer and put it in one of the bad computers that is having the display problem Still no display although it works fine in my pc All computers seem to boot fine there is simply no display at all Could it be that both video cards are bad If so why doesn t my video card work in one of the bad machines Could it be that both pc s mobo s are bad I am assuming so but want to see if I can get some more opinions or options to try before jumping to that conclusion Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all.
I have Vista Ultimate, and WMP 11.
in the last few days suddenly all the movies that i play with the WMP are shivering, and when i forward to another point in the movie - the sound continue but the video starts to roll only after 5 seconds (!) , also shivering.
What is the problem and what can i do?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/260374-wmp-video-display-problem.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a problem with my videocard display A couple months ago my Radeon MB video card starting having problems when playing games WoW and BF The problem that arises is that that when playing a game there will be many lines connecting different points of reference in the game These usually connect corners and other points on the screen like the tip of a gun corner of buildings It will take many different points and Video problem! display converge into a point as mentioned previously The lines usually make triangles ex I ve updated my ATI drivers but there is no change Another problem that arises is that recently past month i ve been getting fluorecent horizontal lines Video display problem! across my screens My screens seem to flicker and then the fluorecent lines stay on the screen until I click refresh After a few minutes of using the computer the fluorecent horizontal lines come back I don t think this is a problem with my monitors as there are problems in game as well Comp Specs AMD Athlon GB ram Radeon MB vid card st monitor Samsung syncmaster M quot nd monitor Samsung Syncmaster DF quot nbsp

A:Video display problem!

Can you check your card temp? Also, clean all dust that could be on the card.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-display-problem.53801/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been getting this problem for about two days. Don't even know what this kind of problem called.
See the area circled. do you guys notice the colour difference.
all my games videos and some applications are messed up.

My PC specs-
intel core 2 duo 2.66ghz, 4gb ddr2 ram
Msi hd 6670 1gb ddr5

please help me solve this...waiting for replies.

A:how to fix video display problem?

You may want to try this......
Microsoft Fix it Solution Center: troubleshooting software issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208141-how-fix-video-display-problem.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Experiencing a frustrating issue with my PC I PROBLEM Video Odd display recently purchased a prebuilt HP Pavilion from costco because I thought it was a good deal with a dual monitor setup Specs HP Pavilion p c OS W - bit AMD Phenom II X gb RAM gb HDD Video AMD Radeon HD Odd Video display PROBLEM HP x monitors The problem The recommended resolution is x The monitors are connected by a DVI and HDMI cables as recommended by HP The problem is the monitor connected with the HDMI Odd Video display PROBLEM cannot be sized to fit the screen When the resolution is at the x its too big and the edges do not fit the screen and its fuzzy When I adjust it to the next setting x it looks sharp but has a quot x quot black quot letterbox quot and is too small for the screen This computer has worked fine for about year and Odd Video display PROBLEM I began experiencing fatal video card errors BSOD I for the life of me cannot remeber the exact code on the BSOD All that I know is that after the last occurance one of my monitors HDMI was not correctly formatted I swapped cables and its just the HDMI that has this problem I have fiddled with the buttons on the actual monitor settings to adjust it that way and in the CRTL panel but cannot figure out All the diagnostics say the drivers and software are up to date and working Any suggestions would be great Thanks HGW nbsp

A:Odd Video display PROBLEM

Have you reset the monitor settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-video-display-problem.1050184/
Relevancy 52.46%

my system:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+
1GB RAM
ATI Radeon x800 256MB

I just reformatted... and when I tried to watch a movie in windows media player, it displays all colorful and distorted.. the video itself looks like a giant rainbow.

I beleve I installed the drivers correctly..

It only happens when I play ASX or AVI files.. WMV and MPEG displays fine.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I have purchased Sony Vaio model VGN-N G around an Year ago which has Windows XP operating system I have latest real player install and windows player version Whenever I play any movie the sounds come out from the player but not the screen video i just hear the sound and the displa does not work at all I have been facing this issue from day but could not contact sony tech support due to some reasons until recent past and when i contacted them problem display - XP Video Win they told me to contact best buy where i purchased this laptop and the best buy folks said they will charge around to fix the issue So I am looking for some online help which can fix this issue I have attached a screenshot of Real player playing a video file Please let me know if any more info is needed to fix this issue I will be glad to provide Thanks in advance Srinivas nbsp Win XP - Video display problem

A:Win XP - Video display problem

is sounds like you may need a codec for the video to work
here is a link for all the codecs you will need to play all video and audio files
install and select all the recommended options it gives on install
http://www.free-codecs.com/XP_Codec_Pack_download.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-video-display-problem.681759/
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer that very rarely crashes at all just started BSODed out of the blue today get it I have absolutely no clue on what is going on except for that it maybe has to do with some sort of overclocking because when I start Windows in Safe Mode the computer doesn't crash or make weird lines which is another problem The computer makes weird horizontal lines all over the place It also happens in the BIOS but again not in Safe Mode for some reason I have no clue on what is going on so I will weird on event card lines problem? and BlueScreen Video monitor. just leave you PC magicians this Problem Signature Code Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA B F BCP BCP BlueScreen event and weird lines on monitor. Video card problem? OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Tufda AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I can also take a picture of what the lines look like if you are curious But for right now thanks in advance and have a happy new year

A:BlueScreen event and weird lines on monitor. Video card problem?

Welcome to 7F tufda, please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388752-bluescreen-event-weird-lines-monitor-video-card-problem.html
Relevancy 52.03%

What's causing this problem?

User is experiencing situation whereby some of the fonts in her programs (not typed text, but the system font) are not displaying properly. They are displayed as little boxes.

I have tried changing all sorts of things in Display Properties (Color Palatte, Font, Schemes, etc.) and I have even selected DEFAULT when available. Her desktop displays appropriately, as do all her Window menus. It just seems to be effecting some of the programs that she launchs.

I know this must be tied to the Windows system fonts, but I just can't seem to tie it down

Any suggestions?

A:Display/Font/Video - What's the Problem?

Hi Leslie....

Perhaps this may help:

http://support.microsoft.com/suppor...ry=fonts&rnk=6&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=W98

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-font-video-whats-the-problem.49211/
Relevancy 52.03%

Guys, tonigh i turned on my PC and i got this message: "cannot display this video mode, change computer display to [email protected]". I understand that its telling me to change resolution to 1440x900, but how can i do that with display turned off. I had this problem before and only thing i know is to reinstall system, but im bored of that and i just tweaked my system to run faster. It took me a week to find all that tweaks. By the way my monitor is Philips 190VW 19", maybe there something wrong with my monitor.

A:Cannot Display This Video Mode Problem

I repluged the cables and now works. I've been doing some changes in bios, and now my monitor remains in sleep mode and i can't get it to work, or do anything. Me and my curiosity. What should i do? where si that cmos jumper?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-display-this-video-mode-problem.138418/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,
Since I have updated it to windows 10, there is some problems with watching videos. Half of the screen is blur when I watch any video. Would be appreciated if anyone has suggestions to overcome this issue

A:VIDEO DISPLAY PROBLEM IN WINDOWS 10

Probably need to reinstall or update your video card drivers. What computer or graphics card do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-display-problem-in-windows-10.1153851/
Relevancy 52.03%

I was just using my laptop to view a website and the entire LCD screen went blank On restarting there were a load of commas all display problem? video card / across the bottup screen SUbsequent screens show regula rpatterns of orange aquares and or flickering blue display / video card problem? squares I cannot get to the XP login prompt to do anything else so I started it up in safe mode and could login and see the desktop but the screen still has blue squares across it but in the background ie XP OS screen is overlayed successfully Any ideas on what this could be I have done system restore to earlier points with no change I think the only options are a boot virus or more likely because of the safe mode operation that it is a video card or driver problem Images http img imageshack us g img cg jpg http img imageshack us g img k jpg Edit I just uninstalled the driver and started up in safe mode and the main display worked but still had those blue squares across the screen On trying to reinstall the dell nvidia driver I got an error about the display imgmirror not working and to restart still no luck after that Now on uninstalling the driver I restart and just get a blank screen AFTER the Windows XP splash shows So I can use the computer in safe mode or without the driver but no other way Text file with report can be found here http www sidekicker net Report txt Any ideas what to try next nbsp

A:display / video card problem?

Sounds an awful lot like the graphics card is going out, I've seen things like that happen with the hard drive going out too though. How old is this system? Are there any clicking noises or anything like that coming from the computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-video-card-problem.970775/
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently bought a new computer:
HP Pavilion p6530f
Operating system
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor
Intel Core i3-540 Processor
Memory
6GB
Memory speed
PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM memory (3x2048MB)
Total memory slots
4 DIMM (240-pin, DDR3) (one available)
Maximum memory expansion
16GB
Graphics card
Intel HD Graphics
TV & entertainment experience
N/A
PCI expansion
1 PCI Express x16 (available) 3 PCI Express x1 (three available) 1 MiniCard (available)
Hard drive
1 Terabyte Serial ATA hard drive

And if I bought a new video card I could play all the new games with at least decent settings. I bought the, "Galaxy Gefore Gts 250 1gb, 256bit, DDr3. I installed it and the fan on the video card turns on, but I can't get a display to come up. Would that happen if my power supply wasn't big enough? Or am I installing it wrong?

A:New video card problem no display

The computer is using onboard Intel HD graphics so that needs to be disabled in the BIOS before the new card is inserted in the expansion slot. Make sure to uninstall the old drivers as well or it could cause problems when the card is installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-video-card-problem-no-display.153114/
Relevancy 52.03%

My system is a P3 450/512 with a 17'' CRT montior, radeon 7000 64mb, 384mb sdram running at 1024x768.
I am having this problem with weird black lines that fade horizontally away from text, pictures, the mouse pointer ect . it is most visible with black text on white background. It usually occurs when i first turn on the Comp, and goes away after it has been on for awhile. I have re-installed windos and i just got the video card, my old one was a tnt 2 ultra. i have tried changing the refresh rate and it helps somewhat but you can still see the cascading lines that drift off of the text. i have the latest drivers and correct color profiles for the monitor. the only way to make it go away completly is changing resilution back to 800x600 but i would like to run at 1024x768? any thoughts?

A:Monitor/video display problem.

Welcome to TSG!!

It sounds like the wrong driver for the monitor. Did you get a disk with the monitor? Windows is probably using a generic one and did does not likje the higher setting. Check the monitor's makers website for a program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-video-display-problem.127160/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Frens I need urgent help Yesterday I downloaded a movie which was in Xvid format It was playing good in media player To play it in my Divx enabled DVD Problem!!!!No video FourCC display player I used FourCC to chnge the codec When I selected the source file it showed the following FourCC description code Xvid FourCC Used codec Nothing I FourCC Problem!!!!No video display changed it to the following FourCC description code DIVX FourCC Used codec DX When I played back the movie in window media player I could hear only audio no video is displayed FourCC Problem!!!!No video display I tried to change back to previous setting using FourCC as above But when I selected FourCC used codec as none since I got nothing when I selected the movie file before it says use four character in quot FourCC used description code quot Anyways I selected one of the option DIV but with no effect The same problem persists Can anybody help me out How could I get the video display as before Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fourcc-problem-no-video-display-394184.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, my video card is recently experiencing an issue in which the screen starts to blur and many blocks and colored lines occur. This even occur during the startup screen. It seems like a corrupt video card problem, but I have experienced this problem 3 times already. I'm sure it is not a monitor problem, because I am now using the integrated graphic card and it works fine. A while ago, this happened, and it got fixed by itself within a few days. Now it seems like it will not go away.

I am using Radeon 9250 PCI 256mb

Here is a picture of the screen.
http://i34.tinypic.com/5ezo1y.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

A:Video Card - Display Problem

Hello

Might just be something to rule out - have you tried resetting the monitor to the default settings from the on screen menu - we had a similar problem at work and this seemed to fix it oddly enough.

Failing that it might be worth checking to see if there are any updated drivers for your video card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-display-problem.760600/
Relevancy 52.03%

I was looking at the display adapter section of the device manager and noticed there were two things there The first was something like quot Intel chipset quot blah blah some numbers and things i can't remember The second was quot Radeon Family quot Now this is our old family computer and we just got a new one so i had wanted to use this one myself bootup on Video problem display The Radeon was disabled so I enabled it and restarted the computer No problems there Video display problem on bootup After the computer restarted it didn't recognize the Radeon which was not too big of Video display problem on bootup a deal so i disabled the quot intel chipset quot thing and kept the Radeon enabled to see if that would do anything and restarted Now the computer would start go past the Windows Home edition loading screen but then would proceed no further The monitor was all black It sounded like the computer was working but obviously i couldn't do anything more So i turned the computer off and then back on Before the Windows screen came up i hit F to go to the setup and this is where i did something really stupid I changed the video setting from quot Onboard quot to quot Auto quot Now when i turn on the computer the monitor doesn't even receive a feed from the computer it just changes from one color to the next every few seconds which is what it does when the computer is off but the monitor is on so now when i turn the computer on i can't do anything because there's no screen please help sorry for the long post but i had to explain everything

A:Video display problem on bootup

Sounds like the Radeon video card may be the on-board card and when adding an extra card the BIOS disables the on-board card so there are no IRQ clashes etc.

I would go back and disable the Radeon and see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/video-display-problem-on-bootup-282865.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Frens I need urgent help Yesterday I downloaded video FourCC Problem!!!! display No a movie which was in Xvid format It was playing good in media player To play it in my Divx enabled DVD player I used FourCC Problem!!!! No video display FourCC to chnge the codec When I selected the source file it showed the following FourCC description code Xvid FourCC Used codec Nothing I changed it to the following FourCC description code DIVX FourCC Used codec DX When I played back the movie in window media player I FourCC Problem!!!! No video display could hear only audio no video is displayed I tried to change back to previous setting using FourCC as above FourCC Problem!!!! No video display But when I selected FourCC used codec as none since I got nothing when I selected the movie file before it says use four character in quot FourCC used description code quot Anyways I selected one of the option DIV but with no effect The same problem persists Can anybody help me out How could I get the video display as before Thanks nbsp

A:FourCC Problem!!!! No video display

You could try chucking it through VirtualDubMod with a direct stream copy on the video and audio; this should fix any header problems. If that doesn't work then try full processing mode, using the Xvid codec. (2-4x length of film to process!)

Sláinte

midders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fourcc-problem-no-video-display.842494/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello there I was asked by a friend to have a look at his HP Laptop as he is no longer able to watch DVD s Audio from the disk was present I didn t get a chance to take note of his full spec as time was against me but I ll try to explain what I noticed as best as I can Im not sure if he s got a single or multiple prob s but here goes He complained that a lot of the features of WinDVD were now greyed out - lisence expired - need to subscribe The display property settings shows two moniters with no option in the drop down menu to choose a single monitor An error message appears when you try to play a DVD which says that the screen resulotion is set too high x and when you try to lower this setting the laptop crashes and reboots WinDVD is now uninstalled Windows Media Player installed but will still not play a DVD The error message says that it needs a DVD decoder MPEG- download and provides a link from where you can Video/display Settings Problem purchase one I also connected to ms update and updated the laptop Is this the only Video/display Settings Problem solution - that you have to purchase more software to watch DVD s on a pc Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have very limited experience - particulary with laptops nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Posted below is my 4.21.10 problem log HiJackThis of w/ explanation HiJackThis log I recently HiJackThis log 4.21.10 w/ explanation of problem was hit with the antimaleware doctor scareware I ve run Malewarebytes many times it HiJackThis log 4.21.10 w/ explanation of problem says that it has cleaned everything malicious that it finds off my system and within minutes of me using the computer again I m getting redirected on sites sites that I know have no malicious content because they are work sites that I use everyday My computer will not start in safe mode anymore and when I restart I always get a message that HiJackThis log 4.21.10 w/ explanation of problem says quot Virus Definition Daemon encountered a problem quot Not sure what that means I keep updating and re-running malwarebytes and it has not found anything the last or updates I m not convinced my computer is ok since I m still having these redirect issues and since error messages and my computer still wont start in safe mode so I decided to try other resources Any help would greatly be appreciated If everything below looks good I ll keep searching for solutions elsewhere Thank you C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Canon DIAS CnxDIAS exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g svc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g comm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g pre exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g tray exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client pnagent exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system Userinit exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk O - Global Startup Program Neighborhood Agent lnk C Program Files Citrix ICA Client pnagent exe O - Extra button Resea... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijackthis-log-4-21-10-w-explanation-of-problem.918342/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey I'm new to here and had a quick read on the rules for posting etc So please forgive me if I break a rule or something Before I talk about the Sony Display/Video Problem Vaio problem I'll list my specs Model SVE CG Graphics Accelerator AMD Radeon HD M Dedicated Video Memory GB DDR Processor Name Intel Core i - M Processor GHz with Turbo Boost up to GHz RAM Pre-installed Max GB GB Sony Vaio Display/Video Problem SO-DIMM x DDR SDRAM upgradeable up to GB So I was in the middle of a game League of Legends and everything was working fine Display wise after a bit I started seeing these green types of lines they were like landscape and fuzzy My screen would freeze and then suddenly keep working it happened like twice and I tried to end the game asap Once I ended it was gone but then soon after I started watching some videos and the same thing happened but this time the problem got worser there were much more lines and they like filled the screen My laptop froze for a bit and came back but the screen like bugged out and ended up blacking out with the cursor stuck I could her my friend resppnding on skype but soon after the laptop just shut off by itself I tried to get into recovery and got into safe mode with the bugged screen but couldn't do much I'll put a video link to show what was going on So after I tried to turn my laptop on and at first it was working but then the green lines came back and like filled the whole screen they were like hexagon shaped or something I shut the laptop down and connected to a external monitor and ended up getting a video txt failure which these lines running down the screen It kept restarting and getting BSODs I haven't touched the laptop since about day I'll insert a Pic here along with a video soon Any help would be great I'm not sure if I can get into the system now but I can try In not sure on how I could upgrade drivers since - can't get past the BSOD My laptop showed different graphic chips thought it was xxxM xxxM series I don't remember the numbers It would be great if I could get some help gt lt Could this be my video card dying or some sort of software problem

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609464/sony-vaio-displayvideo-problem/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hellol I ve recently encountered a rather troubling problem - whenever I click on a and display acting up problem Video keyboard video the folder sidebar will attempt to load up the Video display problem and keyboard acting up preview frame of the vid before crashing I ve not much clue why it is doing this It will occur mainly to avi files either instantly with large ones mb or after cycling through many small files like mb It loads up a Windows Explorer error window with Explorer being stated as the problem At other times I ve encountered the DrWatson Postmortem Debugger window instead but that lead nowhere not infected with Acebot virus and I don t know any accounts of problems with DrWatson in other situations I attempt to close the subpart of that sidebar the Details s bit in hopes of disabling the preview but it still crashes Explorer basically resets after the error window apps are left intact the Explorer windows are all cancelled I ve tried spybot adaware and hijack this but have no leads to any known problems Also my up arrow key on the keyboard is acting up I press it once and it will move the cursor or page up to the top like say in browsing it will zoom up as opposed to smoothly and slowly scrolling up or as I m typing this post the marker will instantly hit the top line instead of scrolling up one line Think the opposite of Space bar when browsing These recent problems are quite worrying and I don t want to do a reformat if I can help it Housecall and Panda scans show nothing Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Video display problem and keyboard acting up

Consider that whatever is the default program you have set for opening the video files is probably corrupt. Uninstall and reinstal it, see if the problem goes away.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-display-problem-and-keyboard-acting-up.482717/
Relevancy 51.6%

i have just put a new motherboard in my pc and while i did that , i purchased and installed the radeon agp card , formatted the harddrive and reloaded windows ME , next i installed the software cd that came with the radeon and my video display is gray as if it were in safe mode.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I have a gateway laptop that I run lid closed with a 22" Gateway wide screen monitor. I installed the klmcodec340 pack on it a while back to be able to watch avi's and what not. However the widescreen monitor still won't display video but when I open the lid on the laptop, that screen will display the video while the monitor won't even when it is set to duplicate the screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

A:Monitor Won't Display Video, Not codec problem

By "video", do you mean the actual video content inside a media player or display in general as in the desktop background, applications etc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-display-video-not-codec-problem.102916/
Relevancy 51.6%

My borther in law dropped off his computer to me in an attempt to get it going. He just installed windows 2000 pro on it and now only has 16 colors....I know its a driver problem but im having a problem getting it fixed. In device manager there is a Yellow question mark and says the drivers have not been installed......any help on what I should do next would be appreciated

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Everyone - first i would like to thank all of you who help dunces like myself It is very nice of you to take your valuable time to help me amp it is greatly appreciated About a month ago my AVG went out I had the paid version At the time I didn t notice as my wife was using it When i found out yesterday i uninstalled AVG amp downloaded Avast Today Problem Logs - Explanation HJT Please - Help Inside i installed it amp upon running the initial boot scan I received this message File C hiberfil sys is infected by Win Small-HUF Trj Repair Error The file was not repaired I am not sure what is going on i do know that it takes my laptop forever about - mis to start up there are a bunch of processes running in the task mangager right now upon boot up after the HJT Logs - Problem Explanation Inside - Please Help Avast boot scan It is running very sluggish I have run Malware Bytes AntiMalware amp it cleaned up some stuff but my machine is still performing very slow I have downloaded CCleaner amp Wise Disk Cleaner however I am not very familiar HJT Logs - Problem Explanation Inside - Please Help in dealing with the registry amp am scared to use them until I get help from someone with much greater knowledge than myself I have posted my logs below amp would greatly appreciate any amp all help on this matter to get my PC back to functioning properly I would also greatly appreciate any advice on a program that will allow me to control my processes amp allow me to control what programs run at startup Thank you again beforehand -Darthtater nbsp

A:HJT Logs - Problem Explanation Inside - Please Help

Please do not create multiple threads for the same problem.
Continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/874591-really-looking-help-please.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-logs-problem-explanation-inside-please-help.876092/
Relevancy 50.74%

SAV System Antivirus infected my computer a couple of weeks ago - that is one EVIL virus It s gone now through self-directed instructions from quot Spyware Remove quot - that was before I knew about this forum The 2008 Display Video after Antivirus System Problem manual removal instructions did involve getting into the registry editor which I didn t realize risky for a beginner The problem now is my video display Msn home page is very weird no MSN logos or blue and large print all over the place pictures are Video Display Problem after System Antivirus 2008 OK yet my icons at start-up and toolbars remain super tiny Control panel display view or fonts do not change a thing - just temporarily I m sure the video drive is damaged or gone Of course a couple of self-described computer quot experts quot have dabbled with it here at the office and both tried to identify and re-install a video driver I do not have the original disc for this system anymore I have run a PC Audit through Belarc Inc and have the printout of my computer profile missing Hotfixes incidentally which I m not sure how to reinstall Network drives None detected Display S Graphics ProSavage DDR Display Adapter Sceptre NagaII Monitor I have the complete computer profile printed out if any other information is required Any help would be most appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-display-problem-after-system-antivirus-2008.757883/
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently purchased a new CPU AMD Athlon G processor It has MB RAM and a Nvidia meg TNT Vanta Card graphics card The monitor I am using is a Samsung Synmaster DF After installing Win SE and the supporting drivers I noticed horizontal bars appearing in the video It is most notable when there is a white background with black letters I have done the following ---- Updated the video driver with the latest available from Nvidia without success ---- Replaced the Nvidia meg TNT Vanta Card with another Nvidia meg TNT Vanta Card without success ---- Run all the Win diagnostics with no problems being detected ---- Installed an updated driver for the monitor My research indicates that Data Digital Channel DDC automatically setups the display frequency without loading video driver The solution was to turn it off or change settings of monitor type in your system I have not found away to turn it off I have run out of ideas Any help solving this problems would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

hi Guys..

i m a Comp Engg and i would like to know information about Trojan Horse problem at Microprocessor 80386 level..

If somebody can give a proper explanations it will be very helpful...thanx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-on-detailed-explanation-of-trojan-horse-problem.183468/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey,
I am having an issue where after right-clicking things and then going about my business, the boxes are left hanging and there is nothing I can do to get rid of them. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to stop it? As of right now, the only way to get rid of these is to open the task manager and end the dsw.exe (Desktop Window Manager) process.
Examples of the "Boxes" I was referring to:
"Preferences"

"Delete.torrent + Data"
-------------------
EDIT:
I have also just figured out that the problem occurs when I simply right-click and select something (i.e. rightclicking a tab in google chrome and selecting close, or right-clicking text and selecting copy). This happens only for the first thing I right-click, as anything else I right-click will not stay stuck on my screen, only the first thing I right-clicked and selected.

A:Problem with boxes showing up (Not sure if the correct explanation?)

IT mate run these first

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html

if nothing changes run these

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer ? delete any rubbishthese find.

That is if you haven't done so already.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329166-problem-boxes-showing-up-not-sure-if-correct-explanation.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have an external monitor plugged into my Acer Aspire 4315 laptop running Windows XP Pro. When plugged in on startup, the external monitor works and the laptop monitor does not and when not plugged in, the laptop monitor works.

In both cases, when I open Display Properties / Settings, it does not recognise that there are 2 monitors. It just says Default Monitor - I don't have any option to set both up in parallel.

When I run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, I get this message in the display tab:

The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

I don't know how to get this video driver. Help would be much appreciated!

A:Solved: Display settings problem / Missing video driver

From the Acer site? http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_4315.html
Choose VGA_Intel_etcetcetc from the Xp section.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-display-settings-problem-missing-video-driver.827120/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all please give me some advice The graphics video display on one of my computers just went crazy it s totally distorted in different ways - vertical segments distorted matrix like text in Screwed or display card video graphic problem? up motherboard - Help! DOS XP stuck in bit color I don t Help! Screwed up graphic display - motherboard or video card problem? know why it s like that even in DOS when you start up I want to know if it s the motherboard or if it s the videocard that s creating Help! Screwed up graphic display - motherboard or video card problem? this But the weird thing is that sometime I can get lucky after a few reboots and everything will look fine for a few minutes but goes back to screwy after next reboot I uses SOLTEK SL- DRV and Geforce MX I ve formatted and reinstalled XP but still ended up with this mess I already have the latest drivers for the video card and the BIOS are updated Also tried plugging computer into different monitor same situation Please help I have no idea what s going on Greatly appreciates all response thanks nbsp

A:Help! Screwed up graphic display - motherboard or video card problem?

That sounds like a bad video card. Have you tried swapping in a different card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-screwed-up-graphic-display-motherboard-or-video-card-problem.27977/
Relevancy 50.31%

I ve been Center Window display/video Media unique problem searching the net for days on Window Media Center unique display/video problem how to solve this problem and I can t find anything that helps This site seems to have some smart people so I thought I d give it a try I installed XP Media Center addition a few months ago and never really tried out the media center until a few weeks ago Every time I started it up I got a blank black screen with a few moving horizontal lines in the top of the screen It looks kind of like a compressed view but with about lines of pixels with each line separated by a row of black space The Media Center startup sound is played and that s about as far as I can go I have to open up task manager to kill the task process and I m back to my windows desktop Now the real strange part follows I have that system setup so that I can remote desktop into it and view files change settings etc When I use RD and try to run Media Center it works completely fine Then I close my Remote desktop connection but I do not log off as Administrator so Media Center is still running on the system When I go directly to my system and log back in Media Center is still running and the video is perfect just as it was when I was connected via remote desktop Some other things that might help I installed the rollup for Media Center and have installed Net My computer has an S Savage Pro video card and is connected to a TV monitor and projector for video output Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-media-center-unique-display-video-problem.580750/
Relevancy 50.31%

Vertical, mostly green lines, cover the lower half of the screen, and flickers in brightness and sometimes different shades of pink. Horizontally, the top half of the screen also appears in the bottom half of the screen. Have gone through all the Dell recommended diagnostics except for the external monitor because I don't have access to one. 

A:Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series video display problem

Hi BDykstra
Thanks for writing to us.
Do these lines vanish or change in pattern when the screen is moved back and forth.
Did these symptoms appear during the LCD test?
If the system is under warranty, Please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone#, Address and Email). If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19994583
Relevancy 50.31%

PC TOSHIBA SATELLITE NOTEBOOK PC L -S contains an ATI EXPRESS M video display adapter OS MS Windows XP HE Memory GB PROBLEM When the images which appear on the notebook s screen panel are also displayed on an EPSON POWERLITE digital projector in a multiple monitor setting the projected image is 200M ATI EXPRESS RADEON Adapter Display Video Problem distorted near the top in a curving pattern shifting to the left The right edge of the projected image is no longer straight but curves of to the left The same image shown on the notebook panel is perfectly straight The new ATI RADEON EXPRESS 200M Video Display Adapter Problem digital projector was replaced by EPSON but the same problem persists Connecting the EPSON projector to a COMPAQ Presario US desktop PC or to a DVD player results in straight right edge and degree corners and perfect pictures Driver provider ATI Technologies Driver date Version - seems to be the most recent version available Driver memory size MB Display x pixels Changing display pixel configuration does not affect the flawed display image Action Taken Installed current ATI Display and Chipset Driver for Windows XP Version r Installed ACPI Flash BIOS version for Satellite L Any ideas The Toshiba is less than years old The EPSON projector is new nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-radeon-express-200m-video-display-adapter-problem.630242/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi. I just installed IE 7. I noticed the icon didn't update in my start menu "pinned" section, and when I right click it, it doesn't give me the same properties as a regular icon would. Here's an image to explain what I'm talking about!

How the heck do I fix this?!!? I tried uninstalling/reinstalling... Everything!

A:HUGE PROBLEM! IE Icons Not Showing... Visual explanation...

That's a HUGE problem. LOL

Try right clicking on the Task Bar-> Properties-> Start Menu-> Customize and untick Internet, hit apply and see if it's gone. Then go back and tick it and see if it comes back correctly.

I don't even have it showing on my rig (unticked).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/huge-problem-ie-icons-not-showing-visual-explanation.514522/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have Lenovo IndeaCentre K system with GB RAM G HD with the video adapter integrated in the Intel Chipset I also have a Viewsonic VX Model VS monitor and the problem that I have is when I open some applications like Taxcut the lines on the display screen do not line up properly Intel video problem card and with Viewsonic display Compatibilty Chipset31/33 For example if there is a YES and NO box to be checked off the YES box would line up next to the NO Box Compatibilty problem with Intel Chipset31/33 video card and Viewsonic display and the Compatibilty problem with Intel Chipset31/33 video card and Viewsonic display NO Box would line up under the NO box next to nothing instead of being next to the NO Box This is not only annoying but it is causing creating problems especially when I work with with the Taxcut program becauses with things not lined up properly I am not sure where the correct entry should be made I updated the Viewsonic VX driver and installed the most current Intel Chipset driver but the problem still continues I contacted Viewsonic and they advised me quot the lining up of the boxes is coming not from the monitor but the incoming signal video card issue quot so it appears that I may need to purchase a new video graphics adapter and would appreciate your help My questions are - Do I really need a new video adaper - If so WHAT video card would you suggest that I look at for a configuration of a Lenovo IdeaCentre K BU system with an integrated Intel Chipset video adapter and a Viewsonic display Thank you in advance for your help Bob nbsp

A:Compatibilty problem with Intel Chipset31/33 video card and Viewsonic display

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compatibilty-problem-with-intel-chipset31-33-video-card-and-viewsonic-display.803576/
Relevancy 49.88%

Dell Latitude D820, 2GB RAM, Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz

Nice laptop, but I can't run anything graphic-intensive. I work at a company where everyone has this same computer, however, I am one of the only ones who uses Photoshop. Everything works fine as long as I stay within limits (no widgets, turn off shadows, etc...) until I open up Photoshop. Photoshop puts it past the edge.

I finally found out that it's a problem with only having 8mb video memory. In the BIOS, there's no way to set it to more. This is ridiculous and absurd.

Everything's fine if I stick with 1280x768. However, this laptop was designed for 1920x1200, so it seems like this computer would work like it was designed for. Hmm..

Any ideas on how to improve my video performance? Buying things is an option, if there's some sort of external graphics card...or dock...etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-buggy-and-freezes-at-times-problem-8mb-video-memory-solutions-293211.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am looking for some assistance please I have this week had a new Inspiron delivered I also bought the S H monitor which I understood to be a HD receiver as it came with a HDMI cable I am setting the new system up but have a message saying that it is connected to Connector' HELP!!! 3650 Problem Display A Up ' To Video Inspiron New Connected Disabled Setting a HELP!!! New Inspiron 3650 Setting Up Problem ' Display Connected To A Disabled Video Connector' disabled video connector and advises me to disconnect the display cable and connect it to the add-in graphic card I may have misunderstood what I was buying as I am no means an expert but I have simply connected the monitor to the desktop with the supplied HDMI cable and have got this message It looks from the invoice that it has a NVIDIA R GeForce GB GDDR if that means anything I just want to get the thing set up and working Am I wrong to assume that the monitor should work with the HDMI cable Any advice would be very much appreciated Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990814
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I ve been having a really annoying problem I decided to upgrade my video card from my old Radeon VE AGP to the Sapphire Radeon AGP So I brought the card home removed the and drivers etc and plugged in the and basically the power started up fans started working on comp video in (power no noise single v new cards! card, Problem fine, display) clicking w/ and processor and there was a single scratchy click around the video card from that point nothing happened HD didn t boot there was no Problem w/ new video cards! (power fine, single clicking noise in v card, no display) POST - there was no display my monitor didn t get a signal fans were still running I thought it was a faulty card so I got a refund and bought a Sapphire Radeon X pro AGP exact same problem - the video card still made that clicking noise and stopped the fan on the Problem w/ new video cards! (power fine, single clicking noise in v card, no display) vid card was still Problem w/ new video cards! (power fine, single clicking noise in v card, no display) working though I ve tried the following -removing old drivers before replacing the card -disabling on-chip VGA frame buffer on the bios -resetting the CMOS manually -cleaning the contacts on the video card -removing the power from all other devices except mobo vid card and hard drive -replacing the monitor cable the weird part is whenever I plug in my old radeon it works fine it s working fine now as I type this message everything I do the problem s being localized to the video card either that or i m really unlucky in that the two cards i got brand new from two different stores were both defective again the slot works fine with the other card the only difference I can tell between the new cards and my radeon is that the had both a v and a v slot but the and x pro both had a single v slot is it possible that the v slot part of the agp slot might be damaged any help would be appreciated btw here are my specs processor AMD Athlon XP GHz motherboard K Triton GIGA-BYTE GA- VKMP power supply thermaltake W should cover the W requirement of the x chipset VIA KM vid card problem Sapphire Radeon x pro AGP previous vid card same prob Sapphire Radeon AGP current video card working Radeon VE any help at all would be appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

A:Problem w/ new video cards! (power fine, single clicking noise in v card, no display)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-w-new-video-cards-power-fine-single-clicking-noise-in-v-card-no-display.644111/
Relevancy 46.44%

It was working fine, a circuit tripped and the computer of course lost all power, I booted back up and got this error message when trying to watch live TV:

video error files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctlyClick to expand...

Recorded TV plays fine, but live TV gives that error. It says to restart Media Center or restart the computer; I've tried both and neither resolved the error. ANY help ASAP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!

UPDATE: I tried moving the tuner to another slot and still no success. Uninstall drivers and reinstalled, still nothing. This stinks. :'(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-error-files-needed-to-display-video-are-not-installed-or-not-working-correctly.750241/
Relevancy 46.44%

It was working fine, a circuit tripped and the computer of course lost all power, I booted back up and got this error message when trying to watch live TV:video error files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctlyRecorded TV plays fine, but live TV gives that error. It says to restart Media Center or restart the computer; I've tried both and neither resolved the error. ANY help ASAP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!UPDATE: I tried moving the tuner to another slot and still no success. Uninstall drivers and reinstalled, still nothing. This stinks.

A:Video Error Files Needed To Display Video Are Not Installed Or Not Working Correctly

Hi, have you tried a system restore point before the loss of power?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169364/video-error-files-needed-to-display-video-are-not-installed-or-not-working-correctly/
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, here's what I want to do. I want to send video output to a Plasma in my family room and also have output to the computer monitor in the adjacent office. I have the option of using either VGA or DVI to either monitor, so I can use a video card that has dual VGA/DVI outputs. Or, I can buy a separate PCI video card. Right now I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 7500.

Am I better off to get a new video card with dual monitor output or have two separate video cards. If the former, what video cards do you recommend? I know I've seen recommendations for the 9600 Pro, which seems to have dropped significantly in price? I'd like to stay with ATI as I've always used that.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hardware: IBM 380Z Type 2635-JGU HD: 20 Gb RAM: 160 Mb
300 MHz Clock
Notebook Computer

Software: MS-XP SP2 Media Player(s): MS-Media Player 10.00.00.3646
Power DVD Player

Media Used: DVD disk and video movie download (Cinemanow.com)

Issue: Video Display has slow update and loses frames on both DVDs and Video Movie downloaded files.

[1] The computer has always had this problem; this is not a new issue.

[2] I have tried adjusting the Display settings provide by XP with no measurable improvement.

[3] Sound is not affected and has good quality.

[4] When MS-Media Player is used and is minimized to the task bar (mini screen presentation) the Video Display quality improves, but is not acceptable.

[5] Only about half of Video Movie can be viewed. Image freezes and play button is enabled. When play is clicked, the Video Movie restarts from the beginning.

Does anyone have a suggestion, I am out of ideas.

A:Video Display has slow update and loses frames on both DVDs and Video Movie downloade

Wow, it just might be the ancient processor you have and the very small amount of Ram you have. Video really eats up resources and I think you dont have the power to run it without problems, The key here is that when you minimize your preview window in Media Player, you have less problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-display-has-slow-update-and-loses-frames-on-both-dvds-and-video-movie-downloade.382647/
Relevancy 46.44%

So recently my screen has begun to glitch I'm not sure what the proper name for it is but by glitching I mean the little rectangular blocks appear They show either windows that I've already closed or minimized Another thing is that whenever I log into my account the following message shows The instruction at quot x c e quot Display... Weird referenced memory at quot x quot The memory could not be quot read quot Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program Then I click OK and then it shows this The instruction at quot x c e quot referenced memory at quot x quot The Weird Display... memory could not be quot written quot Then it goes as usual Oh and there is significant slowdown on all of my stuff So here is my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Weird Display... Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files IEEE g USB Wireless LAN Wireless LAN WlanUtil exe C Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run SkyTel SkyTel EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run GBB X Configure C WINDOWS system JMRaidTool exe boot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run CTDVDDET C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run SBDrvDet C Program Files Creative SB Drive Det SBDrvDet exe r O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run KAVPersonal quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal kav exe quot minimize O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup IEEE g USB Wireless LAN Utility lnk C Program Files IEEE g USB Wireless LAN Wireless LAN WlanUtil exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Service Symantec Lic NetConnect service CLTNetCnService - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe quot h ccCommon file missing O - Service Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe O - Service Kaspersky Anti-Virus Service kavsvc - Kaspersky Lab - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal kavsvc exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA... Read more

A:Weird Display...

Hi onetime,Sorry for the delay. This forum is very busy right now.I have checked out your log. The only thing I can see here is an old version of Java. This is a security risk but does not explain your symptoms.From this topic:I did a system format Just to be clear, please confirm that you formatted C:\ and then reinstalled Windows from the install CD. You did this before you made the HijackThis log?If you did that, where did you get the old version of Java?Did you instead attempt a system restore?You state in this topic that the computer now will not boot at all. Have you tried booting it from your Windows install CD? If not, please try that and report the result.Dave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79574/weird-display/
Relevancy 46.44%

hi i've a problem with the display on my sony laptop. The display including all the icons have become really big which has distorted the images and rendered some of the programmes inoperative as "they are not compatible with current screen settings" I've tried to alter the display settings but nothing seems to change. Any ideas??

A:Weird display

It sounds like you've lost your drivers for your video display. When you go into your video setting panel does it give you the option of changing to a variety of resolutions? Let us know...Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-display.655724/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have three year old custom built pc. Gigabyte P55-UD4 , mobo, i750 cpu, 23" nVidia 9500 GS gpu.
This morning when I turned it on, the wallpaper is stretched way out of proportion, task bar not
visible. Completely hay wire. Can not try a system restore as for some reason, the pc doesn't set them automatically like it should. So, is my graphics card shot? Any help appreciated. Thank you all.

Relevancy 46.44%

I am having a problem with Microsoft Streets & Trips 2003.

I have a laptop with Windows XP and had to restore my hard drive recently. Now my Streets & Trips only wants to display in large fonts giving the display a very rough look to it. Everything else displays fine. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but nothing works.

I don't know if it related but Outlook Express now won't remember my email password. Also my spell check for email won't work and I have reinstalled Microsoft Word for that but it did not help.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tom

A:Weird display

Tom,

Welcome to the forum. We're glad your here, but this post belongs in one of the software sections. Probably here (http://forums.techguy.org/f18-s.html). You're much more likely to find an answer over there anyways.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-display.364841/
Relevancy 46.44%

Bought this comp. 2 years ago as complete but no op/system,loaded xp pro SE all ok except every time a screen loads 3/4 secs later it jumps upwards about 1/4 inch/6mm, I've tried latest display drivers(nvidia 7300se), resettling the card/many different monitors/format and reload xp and as it's done this since new it's not malware or spy-ware,spec as.
duo 2core [email protected]
Asrock conroe 1333 D667
2gb ram
sata 32gb
LG 20" widescreen.
Anyone any ideas.....
Regards Geoff. (Newbee)

A:weird display

It's definitely the video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-display.783532/
Relevancy 46.44%

I can't seem to 'reset' my monitor display. All the windows have an hour glass shape and extend past the width of the monitor screen. How do I fix this?

Attachment.

Thanks,

A:weird display

Sounds like a monitor problem. See if you can adjust the shape of the picture using the buttons on front of your monitor. Try another monitor, try your monitor on another PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-display-9628.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So basically i did bunch of dual display setups before but using two video cards or using one video card with two outputs but this is the FIRST TIME im trying with a built in intergrated card and a PCI card.

Heres the issue.

I hooked up the PCI video card and when i plugg both monitors in, the intergrated video card gives a yellow exclamation point in the device manager and nothing shows up on the monitor. Only the PCI video card shows signal..

I tried un-installing both cards, redoing it from ground up, tried disabling and renabling both cards but only one monitor shows up and that is the PCI card.
What do you guys think?

Thanks

A:DUAL DISPLAY SETUP - PCI VIDEO CARD & INTERGRATED VIDEO.. Possible?

Check that the on-board video is enabled in the Bios.

It's possible you can't have both working at the same time, should be able to check this if you know what motherboard it is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-display-setup-pci-video-card-intergrated-video-possible.667381/