Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2010 - No manual account setup

Q: Outlook 2010 - No manual account setup

Hello,
I've had Outlook 2010 installed for over two years on my laptop and everything has worked great.

The other day, I tried to set up a new email account and when the wizard appeared, it didn't give me the choice for MANUAL setup. I then realized that the window for the wizard was not showing all the words... the sentences ran past the viewing window and outside where I could not see, which is where the manual set up button was "below". There are no scroll bars or a way to adjust the wizard and I even tried playing with my display settings which did not work either.

I did find a work around that got my email set up but I couldn't go into advanced settings to adjust ports because of the same issue. I've looked everywhere for a fix and haven't been able to find anything... please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-no-manual-account-setup.1112246/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2010 - No manual account setup

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 93.31%

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync.

My questions are this.

What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I use this option?When I did select the Office 365 option and pressed next my outlook would crash, any fix?What is the best selection to choose from when setting up my outlook.com account that would be great for automatically syncing with my calendar etc. on outlook.com or apple etc.?

Thank you very much for any help and assistance.

A:Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

Manual setup for outlook.com accounts is absolutely unnecessary, Outlook 2016 does that automatically in a few seconds.

That being said, if you insist in doing it manually the correct option is Exchange ActiveSync. Office 365 option is for so called workplace email accounts, Azure AD / Office 365 for Business or Enterprise users. You select that option only if your organisation uses Office 365 and you want to set up your workplace email in Outlook 2016.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/70158-outlook-2016-manual-email-account-setup-office-365-option-crashes.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I have been attempting to link all of my emails on windows live mail lately and it looked easy for a while It was until I had to add my Cogeco account to it The system keeps telling me when I attempt to run a test message that it account setup Live Windows manual [SOLVED] Mail can't locate the incoming and outgoing mail [SOLVED] Windows Live Mail account manual setup servers I have even taken the servers declared on their personal website and they do not work Here are my current server settings incoming mail POP pop cgocable ca initially it was quot pop cogeco ca quot outgoing mail SMTP smtp cgocable ca initially it was quot smtp cogeco ca quot E-mail username I have heard of some people checking the box where it says quot my server requires authentication quot and they have had some success I have tried this as well but they require me to re-enter the password and it will not even accept it I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Windows Live Mail account manual setup

Try cgocable support site - I can't get past their logon screen to view support info on email setup -

Which email software can I use ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-live-mail-account-manual-setup-542917.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Yesterday my Outlook stopped retrieving e-mail from the file won't account Outlook 2010 e-mail to Outlook.pst sync Comcast server When I tried to fix it today it still wouldn't work All the settings were correct but it wouldn't retrieve Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file my e-mail I deleted the account and recreated it Now Outlook points to a Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file new pst file instead of my old Outlook pst file named myemail comcast net pst To make matters worse it doesn't delete the mail off the server Before when I would open Outlook it would download new message to my Inbox and delete them off the server The new messages would stay permanently in my Outlook inbox No more Now if I manually delete one through my Internet browser it also deletes it out of my Outlook Inbox It s as though the new account is just a window to the Comcast e-mail server I tried changing the Root Folder Path on the Advanced tab of the e-mail account settings to point to the location of my Outlook pst folder but that made no difference I also tried deleting a recent Microsoft update KB but this did not help either This is a complete disaster for me as I can't even send e-mail now except through the server Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file

I figured this out.  When I reconfigured my e-mail account in Outlook, I used IMAP settings instead of POP3.  This was not how I did it before.  IMAP works great if one wants to keep all e-mail out on the server and access it from various devices.  That isn't what I do.  I changed the profile to POP3 and the poblem was solved.  Still don't know why it initially failed two nights ago, though. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583041/outlook-2010-e-mail-account-wont-sync-to-outlookpst-file/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have Outlook 15 set up on two machines -- one is under window 7 and the other under Windows 10. Both will allow me to setup email POP accounts.

However, on my new Windows 10 HP Laptop, Outlook 16 will not allow me to setup a POP account. I fill out the form for manually setting up a POP account but when I test the settings in the last step I get a message saying it failed loggin onto incoming mail server and so forth.

I am quite sure I set the Outlook 16 account exactly as I set up the Outlook 15 accounts.

Can someone help me set up a POP account under 16?

BTW, I can let 16 automatically set up an IMAP account.

Thank you.

A:Outlook 16 Will Not Setup a Pop Account

When manually setting up a POP account, not only do you have to make sure that the pop/smtp server info is correct for your ISP but also make sure you have the incoming/outgoing ports and security options set up.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/126958-outlook-16-will-not-setup-pop-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I've never used anything other than Hotmail.

A:Is there a tutorial for initial setup of Outlook 2010?

Welcome to Seven Forums tmorinbmw. This may help?

Basic tasks in Outlook 2010 - Outlook - Office.com

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/222132-there-tutorial-initial-setup-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

A:Can't add new email account to outlook 2010

Try changing your user name to something else. It's possible the user name you are using is already being used by someone else on that email server.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi
I have several business email addresses. I have just created a new one, but I can't change the 'email from' address. I set a new contact up for it so I could select it via 'other email address" but the next dropdown box down, the 'send email using' still doesn't contain this new email address.
It has its own folder into which email is delivered, but starting from there still doesn't help fix the problem.
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks for any help...

Relevancy 65.79%

When I install my hotmail account into my Outlook 2010 I cannot have that account in my regular pst.

How can I solve that so that I have all my accounts just in one pst?
God bless

A:hotmail account and Outlook 2010

I don't think you can because hotmail is web based and outlook is pop3, so they have to be seperate

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/71035-hotmail-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Okay, I have had this problem several times and now I want to know what is causing the problem. In outlook you can add certain folder to your favorites so that they appear like short cuts at the top of the navigation window. But from time to time different imap short cuts don't appear and then I have to close and restart to get the short cuts to reappear.

Any ideas as to why?

A:Outlook 2010 and IMAP account

Also if you go to the inbox, if that is one in your favorites, and right click it gives you the option to remove from favorites even though it is not displayed. After removing and adding will also show them back at the top. But this is a pain in the back side.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/201539-outlook-2010-imap-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello. can anyone help.
I am trying to add a POP email account to Outlook 2010. I've established network connection but cannot retrieve the Outlook Test message. An error box comes & says unable to connect to the server. 550.5.7.1 message content. I have had this POP account on previous versions of Outlook 2010, & it was ok I am puzzled.
Many Thanks
Brusselsprout

A:Cannot add new email account in Outlook 2010

Without knowing more about your mail server name and such.
Have you tried to Ping your mail server? like from the run cmd prompt ping mail.xxx.xxx
I ping mail.cpcug.org to verify that the server is on-line and responding.

You could double check all the options in outlook setup email accounts to make sure that
you have spelled everything correctly, that sometimes is the problem where mispelling will
mess you up.

also the more settings options will have to be looked at to make sure that the boxes are checked correctly.

These things can get tricky if you misspell, many mail servers want your complete email address for the logon userid..

YMMV
Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/127351-cannot-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I am starting a new thread Last Outlook 2010 Account Default week I Outlook 2010 Default Account posted a complexsituation with captures attached of a serious issue with Outlook Before I started work Outlook 2010 Default Account I created Outlook 2010 Default Account a Acronis TIBimage and as I worked and degradation developed tweaking Outlook Ihad to repeatedly resort to that original image to get back to the originalstarting point I have managed to get Outlook working except for thisone issue Please look over the captures attached It deals with Brent s emailaccount listed in duplicate In my experiments I keep ending up with two accounts InControl Panel Mail Email tab is listed the working Brent email account Thataccount is not marked as Default Because in Mail Email Brent account is notmarked as default I have issues That working Brent account that not marked asDefault I can send and receive There are two Brent email accounts Two exact accounts -with a slight variable I have in Mail Emailthis account Brentetcetc etcetc com In Mail Data File I have this Brentetcetc etcetc com Brentetcetc etcetc com-brent If Brentetcetc etcetc comwere marked as Default I would have no issues with the Brent account Because the Brentetcetc etcetc com-brentis marked as default that creates the problem And I cannot delete the Brentetcetc etcetc com-brentaccount in Mail Data File If I could delete the Default Brentetcetc etcetc com-brent Iwould then be able to mark Brentetcetc etcetc comas Default I have spent days on this this Creating restore points creating new TIB files and so forth How I ended up with struggling with the two accounts isthis if I run NK edit to populate Outlook s contacts with a massive list ofdata I get the message that NK edit cannot find the Default email account Becausein Mail Email the account listed there is not marked as Default I have learned that if I delete the working email account from Data Files I fully and completelycompromise and corrupt the normal functionality of Outlook That I learnedby my previous experiments Brent canobviously work with Outlook I have instructed him to ignore Brentetcetc etcetc com-brent andto work only with Brentetcetc etcetc com Also I took a look at Regedit Outlook and thought I couldpossibly delete files that were unused I will attach this capture also One last comment in my journey I did a Outlook repair Thatdid not help I then did a uninstall of Office and reinstalled Office and Outlookended up with the two accounts Thanks for your attentions

A:Outlook 2010 Default Account

I rarely use the Control Panel > Mail and profiles when setting up Outlook as POP3 or IMAP. I just leave the profile as the default (Outlook I think.)

For POP3
Install and open Outlook. Continue without email support. It will create a default Outlook.pst in Documents > Outlook Files.
File > Open > Open Outlook Data File and open any and all my transferred .pst
File > Account settings > Data Files and assign the default to whichever I want
Close outlook and reopen with new data file as default.
Right-click the default Outlook file it created and close. Then I delete it.

Now I setup my POP accounts in Account settings email accounts making sure to point to my default pst as I like all mail coming into 1 inbox.

Have not had any issues doing it this way.

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/392491-outlook-2010-default-account.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I can't get my outlook account settings to open. I click on file/account settings and nothing happens. The add account button works, the mailbox cleanup and rules and alerts buttons work. I've tried the following:

1. Open Outlook in safe mode - no result
2. Open Outlook as administrator - no result
3. Open send/receive and folder tab - right click on account and select account properties - no result
4. Open File/Options/addins/go disable all addins - no result

I'm stuck. Any ideas

Windows 7 64bit/ Office 2010 / Firefox

A:Outlook 2010 Account Settings won't open

Hi Cquinn, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Did you realize you need to click both Account Settings buttons, first one opens the second one:
(Click to enlarge.)

The sequence is File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings. The second Account Settings button that opens beneath the first one when it is clicked is easily taken as just a tooltip, but it really is a button you need to click.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/272386-outlook-2010-account-settings-wont-open.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have multiple accounts in outlook 2010 and recently changed them from POP to IMAP so they synch. automatically with other devices. But I can't delete the original account (the primary account). What I would like to do is delete the original POP email primary account and its data files, designate another account as the primary and re-load the old primary as a new IMAP account with a new set of data files. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleting-primary-account-in-outlook-2010.1169998/
Relevancy 64.93%

Under Win 7, I have Outlook 2010 installed with 3 email accounts. When I open Outlook it searches each account for new messages. I would like it to search only one of them.

Is there anyway I can do this?

Thank you.

A:Outlook 2010 search for email in just one account

I believe you can achieve this by using 'Send/Receive' Groups:
Why use Send/Receive groups? - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/163150-outlook-2010-search-email-just-one-account.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all. I just installed Outlook 2010 and created 3 email accounts, 2 from Hotmail and the other from my ISP (cablevision). It seems that my folders from Hotmail came over but not those from my ISP. Should they have? Also, how do I import my contact into Outlook? I certainly don't want to re-enter them again. Thanks. Alan

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I have an unusual problem.

I need to change my email account within Outlook but when I go to 'Account Settings' there are no accounts there, and so nothing to change.

What could be causing this, how do I access my account and how do I rectify it??

Many thanks!

A:Outlook 2010 - invisible email account

Are you sure that your email is coming in through Outlook?

Post a screen shot of the Account Settings pane!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-invisible-email-account.1126333/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have Outlook 2002. I want to oversee two email accounts.
However, I want the Inboxes (emails) of these accounts separated.
Each time and every way I try to setup these two accounts, the associated
emails get placed interleaved in the same Inbox.
Some other email softwares allow the separation of the multiple accounts in the left-hand column, each with its own Inbox, Sent, Folders, etc.
Is this too much to ask of Outlook 2002, or am I doing something wrong - or failing to do
something else in the account setup?
Anyone else experience this problem?

Relevancy 64.5%

Hey all To start I'm a recent newbie coming over from the seven forums in search of solutions and ideas of all kinds Here's my issue I'm attempting to set up outlook for an employee on 2010 stuck allow setup. Outlook mode, ofline in wont a new laptop and regardless of what I have tried I am getting the Outlook 2010 stuck in ofline mode, wont allow setup. same message over and over quot the action cannot be completed The connection to Microsoft exchange is unavailable Outlook Outlook 2010 stuck in ofline mode, wont allow setup. must be online or connected to complete this action quot This is getting so very frustrating as I cannot Outlook 2010 stuck in ofline mode, wont allow setup. seem to get past set up to begin with The os details are as follows Windows outlook http connection Microsoft exchange server I have tried several different setting changes turned down off the firewalls checked that the antivirus trend micro is not blocking anything and tried both the local address and url address for the server I'm at a loss at this point any ideas would be greatly appreciated If you need any other information please let me know I've been struggling with this issue for a couple of days now and I'm at a loss as to what to do next

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/37169-outlook-2010-stuck-ofline-mode-wont-allow-setup.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I could really use some help please. I had an Outlook 2010 account as a contracted person with the UN and they killed the account and decided to use a gmail account (I have no idea why!). I would like to get all my emails (folders too if possible) on, say, a USB stick and then put it on my new work computer.

I tried the Export function but you need to sign in and the account doesn't work. So, can I copy the outlook.pst file or even all of the .pst files and then open them somehow in another computer with Outlook?

I don't want to use these anymore to contact or respond, I just want to have the messages and the addresses of the people who sent them to me and my outgoing messages and conversations too.

So what can I do here?

Thanks a lot!

A:retrieve emails from a dead Outlook 2010 account....please

Yes you can point your Outlook data file to the pst you have. As long as your Outlook version is the same or higher.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/313078-retrieve-emails-dead-outlook-2010-account-please.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Dear Friends I have problems setting up Outlook to use the appropriate email account and signature automatically when replying to messages I use email accounts and for each account I have created a distinct signature both for new and reply emails The problem is that when someone sends me an email to any of the accounts and I reply no matter what Outlook always uses the reply signature of the default email account It should use the reply signature corresponding to the account the email was sent to So far when replying to messages I always have to remember to manually switch the from account to match the account the sender used to send me the email Outlook is supposed to use the appropriate account when replying to messages So if someone sends an email to my business email account and even if that is not the default account Outlook should use the account and signature I have assigned to reply to messages for that specific account and not always use by default the reply account and signature appropriate account Outlook setting Problems use up 2010 the email to assigned to the default account Please help me resolve this issue so that I do not mistakenly reply Problems setting up Outlook 2010 to use the appropriate email account to someone using the wrong account For example I do not want to reply to family and friends with the account used for business If family and friends send emails to my personal email account Outlook should automatically use that account when replying and thus inserting the reply signature for my personal account Look forward to any guidance Sincerely Mario Crespi

A:Problems setting up Outlook 2010 to use the appropriate email account

Hello Mario,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Lets start with a few questions to eliminate the obvious. I assume you setup the signatures seperately for each account using this panel?

I found some additional information about signatures here: (browse down towards the bootom of the page)

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm

One suggestion I read, was that the signature it picks to use is related to the folder that you currently have highlighted. I'm not entirely sure how that works, perhaps you could experiment with that?

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/153835-problems-setting-up-outlook-2010-use-appropriate-email-account.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all,
I can't configure my outlook2010 account. I installed office2010 professional plus. However, I try to add internet e-mail account on outlook2010. it's not available to select internet e-mail. Do someone know how to fix?
Thank you for your reply in advance.

A:Urgent!!!Outlook 2010 email account problem

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

During the Office 2010 installation you have the option to choose whether to have everything installed to your computer, whether to install just some of the options, whether to install on first use or not install a particular option such as Outlook.

Can you remember which options you chose?

You can always reinsert your Office DVD and choose the repair option or uninstall it, and then re-install choosing all the options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/175348-urgent-outlook-2010-email-account-problem.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all

I haven't discovered a way yet of switching a POP3 account to IMAP without deleting and re-defining the email account in Outlook 2010.

IMAP is a better way if you access the same email account from multiple machines. If the account was originally defined with POP3 there doesn't seem any mechanism to change it to IMAP without deleting and re-creating the entire account.

This means backing up and restoring all the messages, address books etc before doing this -- a bit of a pain if you have to do this for 50 - 100 users and their email accounts.

Any quick fix or have I missed something.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Outlook 2010 cannot change POP3 account to IMAP

You haven't missed anything, as far as I know there is no way to change pop to imap.

A bit of a warning though, in the past when I have switched users from pop to imap and I added the additional IMAP account then moved the stuff from the pop account folders to the IMAP, sometimes email etc just disappears completely despite saying it had copied.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/75818-outlook-2010-cannot-change-pop3-account-imap.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi - I am running Outlook on a Win Professional bit system I sending one account Outlook from 2010 email Problem have been running basically the same configuration successfully for over a year now with multiple email accounts Everything worked fine up until this morning when I was sending a series of emails with attachments Each email's attachments totalled up to mb and the grand total of all of the attachments was about mb Everything went smoothly up until my last email and it just sat in my outbox and wouldn't go anywhere I eventually sent it with a different account with a different ISP I have tried sending other emails on the same account some without attachments some with small attachments but it appears that the account is quot broken quot for sending email I can Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account still receive email on all accounts and send email from every other account I have double-checked the settings for the troublesome account and when I use the Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account Test Account Settings button everything appears to work fine as it successfully sends the test message I found a reference to a built-in limit for Outlook attachments of mb and ran the Microsoft fixit which removes that limit but it had no effect One curious thing is that when I hit the send button which places the email in my Outbox the email does not have the italicized font which indicates an unsent message as was always the case up until now Any hints would be most appreciated - Many thanks

A:Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account

I had a look at the Outlook add-ins that were active and disabled the iCloud and iTunes add-ins. Everything seems to be working at this point.

There was an iTunes update a day or so ago. During the installation Apple does not even mention that they will be messing with your Outlook installation.

Once again Apple screws up Windows applications.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/255850-outlook-2010-problem-sending-email-one-account.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm running windows 8 on an intel i7 machine with 16gb ram.
I just installed outlook 2010 64bit and every time I add an email account Outlook crashes.
No error message - just says "Micrsoft Outlook has stopped working"
Any suggestions?

A:Outlook 2010 crashes when setting up new email account

try this site it will show you how to repair outlook 2010

Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost) - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/23292-outlook-2010-crashes-when-setting-up-new-email-account.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi

I have recently changed my ISP to BT from Eclipse. Previously Outlook 2010 was configured to allow emails to be downloaded from the Eclipse servers and to enable me to send emails using Outlook 2010 using my Eclipse email address. I also have Outlook configured using IMAP to enable me to download emails from Gmail. I can no longer send emails using my eclipse email account.

Can someone help me to reconfigure Outlook so that I can send and receive emails using the Gmail servers from Outlook 2010 as my primary email source.

I wish to carry on using Outlook 2010 as I have many saved email folders in the account.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

A:How do I change my email account to Gmail from Eclipse in Outlook 2010

In "accounts" you simply need to change the default account for sending to the gmail account. Sorry if that's a bit vague but I haven't used outlook for ages (and don't have it).

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/255655-how-do-i-change-my-email-account-gmail-eclipse-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys as I am using both a laptop and tablet to check email I have set up both devices with imap accounts The issue is that I don't want to lose all my old folders and email from the old pop account and I imap how 2010: Outlook new disable to account, pop3? old created can't Outlook 2010: created new imap account, how to disable old pop3? find a way to move or copy them to the newly created account on my laptop so I'd like to leave the old account inactive in Outlook Also I don't want to get messages into two different folders Is there a way to disable the old pop account without removing it I have tried deleting the password so it won't send receive from that account but all I get is the constant quot enter password quot box which is naturally not an ideal state of affairs I'd appreciate any advice users can offer Thanks in advance Jo PS it probably isn't relevant but FYI the tablet is a Motorola Xoom Android and the laptop is an Asus running Win Home Premium and Outlook as in the subject line

A:Outlook 2010: created new imap account, how to disable old pop3?

Quote: Originally Posted by boppy2010

Hi guys, as I am using both a laptop and tablet to check email I have set up both devices with imap accounts.

The issue is that I don't want to lose all my old folders and email from the old pop3 account and I can't find a way to move or copy them to the newly created account on my laptop so I'd like to leave the old account, inactive, in Outlook.

Also, I don't want to get messages into two different folders.

Is there a way to disable the old pop3 account without removing it?

I have tried deleting the password so it won't send/receive from that account but all I get is the constant "enter password" box which is naturally not an ideal state of affairs.

I'd appreciate any advice users can offer.

Thanks in advance,
Jo

PS it probably isn't relevant but FYI the tablet is a Motorola Xoom Android and the laptop is an Asus running Win 7 Home Premium and Outlook 2010 as in the subject line.

you can simply move the emails of your pop account by going to "edit" on the top left corner and "select all" you'll see that all your emails are selected, then right click and select "move to folder" and move it to your IMAP mails location. and doing this may allow you to remove the pop3 account.

either way, let us know what you get.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/207640-outlook-2010-created-new-imap-account-how-disable-old-pop3.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Dear Experts

I have got windows 7-64 bit with an outlook 2010 that has an exchange account

Recently I realized when I search outlook sent folder nothing get displayed.

Initially problem was with " Search Tools --> Indexing status ".

What should I do to overcome this issue

Thanks

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/outlook-2010-exchange-account-search-not-working-proparly.4061602/
Relevancy 63.64%
Relevancy 63.64%

When multiple accounts are added on Outlook 2010 and you create a new email, autocomplete in the 'to' field shows suggestions from every account. Is it possible to only show suggestions relevant to the account the email is being sent from.

For example, if I had my personal account and a customer services account, when I go to send an email from my personal account, every email address who has ever communicated with the customer services account shows which is quite risky.

Thanks, Louise

A:Outlook 2010 only to show address book from one email account

Have you looked in the help section of outlook. The only thing i can suggest at the moment, is click the contacts in outlook,and then the little arrow next my contacts, there you will find yor email accounts with suggested contacts and contacts, see what happens when you try that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/263937-outlook-2010-only-show-address-book-one-email-account.html
Relevancy 63.64%

How can I re-index Outlook 2010?

Dear Experts

I have got windows 7-64 bit with outlook 2010 retrieving my work email ( exchange)

Recently I realized when I search outlook sent folder nothing get displayed.

Initially problem was with " Search Tools --> Indexing status ".

I followed the instruction in the ink below :

How to Fix Outlook 2007 and 2010 Search problems | MS Outlook for Business

But still I am having same issue

Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 exchange account ,,,,search not working proparly

Hi there ... Your Indexing must not be complete .. Read the Link below ...
Outlook search returns No matches found

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/312745-outlook-2010-exchange-account-search-not-working-proparly.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am using Outlook on W in my home office All my email accounts are POP My part-time - Outlook up set I Exchange disappeard email account 2010 when Rules work wanted me to use an email account on their Exchange server I used the email account setup in my Outlook to set it up successfully Outlook searched out the Exchange server and set up the account I closed Outlook and when I reopened it my Favorites were gone all POP accounts were shuffled in the left pane all my previous accounts now funneled all emails into one Inbox and all my Rules were gone When I tried to redo the Rules Outlook had changed so that the Rules now applied to ALL the Inboxes for all accounts and did not have the same rules dialog as I had been used to There was no way to recreate my rules or separate Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account out my POP accounts Now all my email is dumped into one Inbox and I have to manually sort out the messages Thinking that the Exchange account was to blame I deleted the Exchange account but to no avail I had to reconstruct my Favorites no big deal but there is still no way to redo the Rules and all my Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account mail still goes to the main Inbox Is there any way to get back to the way it was Thanks rebadurchee

A:Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account

Bump. Anyone relate at all? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/317857-outlook-2010-rules-disappeard-when-i-set-up-exchange-email-account.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have Outlook 2010 on two PCs and use the Hotmail Connector to synchronise my contacts with my Microsoft Account (people.live.com).

I can create/delete contacts on any PC and at the web page at people.live.com and these will synchronise across all accounts. However, if I change details of an existing contact on the PC e.g. change the phone number) then this is not synchronised. If I change the details on the web page at people.live.com then the PCs do get updated. Has anyone any advise how to troubleshoot this problem to ensure that changes to contact details in Outlook 2010 are synchronised correctly across all accounts?

A:Outlook 2010 Not Synchronising New Details with MS People Live Account

I think it is a matter of how quickly, or how slowly in this case, the system recognizes the change.

Suggestion only.
After making the change as you described, give it a few hours then check if the change has been synchronised.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/41667-outlook-2010-not-synchronising-new-details-ms-people-live-account.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I keep contact details in my Microsoft account (at Sign in to your Microsoft account). I've been using Outlook 2010 with the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector and this used to synchronise my contacts fine.

However, for a while now, I've noticed mail synchronisation errors and I've had to configure my Microsoft mail account to use the standard IMAP settings (not via the Hotmail connector).

However, this method no longer synchronises my contacts. How do you configure the mail and contact settings in Outlook 2010 to synchronise both mail and contacts in Outlook 2010 with my Microsoft account?

A:How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account?

I solved it! One complication was that my Microsoft email address is personalised and doesn't end in .outlook.com. The procedure is:

Uninstall the Outlook Hotmail Connector since this no longer works.If your MS Outlook email address doesn't end in .outlook.com then you need to create an email alias online in your MS account which does end in .outlook.comAdd a new account using the account wizard using your MS Outlook email address ending in .outlook.com (which can be an alias)The account should configure quite quickly. You then have to restart Outlook 2010 and it will download and synchronise all emails, contacts etc.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/63670-how-synch-outlook-2010-mail-contacts-microsoft-account.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I was having a problem where outlook was not syncing my sent mail past last week.

so I deleted my email address account and wanted to start again and change settings from pop3 to imap

When I deleted the account I found I could not fully remove it from the side pane as it was set as the default email address.

I then decided to re add the same email address in the hopes that I could use the new one as default and delete the old one

Now I am still stuck with the same email address that I could not remove from before and I am having a new problem where the sent mail will not sync from today

I have uninstalled office and re installed it but the address is still saved somehow?

any help would be greatly appreciated

A:How to delete all account information from outlook 2010 an start fresh

Try this. Open Control Panel, select the Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2010), when that opens select Email Accounts, that will then open your email accounts & you will see that you can remove accounts, reset the default account & set up a new email account, as you can than follow through from here to set up all the details for a new account.

All Outlook account details are stored in your Documents Library under Outlook Files & are stored in .pst format & can only be accessed from within Outlook & any changes can be done as I mentioned above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/383969-how-delete-all-account-information-outlook-2010-start-fresh.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email [email protected] was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for [email protected] but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

A:Outlook 2010 - How do you merge personal folders to an email account?

Hello MzTearyuz

See if this link is of help.
Combine POP3 accounts in Outlook 2010 | MSOutlook.info

FYI -
Where do I find?? | HowTo-Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/185819-outlook-2010-how-do-you-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 58.05%

My HP sleekbook 14 OS (window 10 home) does not work with the proxy address that I manually set up and so I can't access window store and other applications are not connecting to the internet via the proxy address except the browsers(edge,IE,fox)
Please help me to resolve this issue Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/05e8200b-2597-402c-b4ee-1cd4f5db7169/manual-proxy-setup?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 57.62%

Alright i know this things already posted and i've face this problem and solved it just want to share with other users i get office from my friends ive installed it works fine but one day it's corrupt i cant use it at all So i tried to uninstall it which ended up with quot windows encounter an error while uninstalling office bla Manual 2010 Office Uninstall quot So i try the hardcore stupid way by deleting the installation folder itself on C prog files using Unlocker I check on add remove and it still there i try to uninstall it and i get this error quot you installation language does not support this version quot Alright then i google and search for a solution which results in thread in this forum FAILED Microsoft Support FAILED using Manual Uninstall Office 2010 setup xml FAILED Windows Installer Cleanup Utility FAILED finally i came accros manual fix using regedit on HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Current Version Uninstall it consist of several key consist of alphabet and numbers i just scroll down until i found the one that i want to delete which is Office look again on add remove list and its gone and i can install new office again YAY THIS ALSO WORK WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS WHICH CANT BE UNINSTALL COMPLETELY OR REMAIN ON ADD REMOVE LIST CAUTION i just sharing the info don't do it if you unsure about it but so far it works on mine Im not responsible for anything happens with all due respect

A:Manual Uninstall Office 2010

Kucing- thanks! I had office 2010 beta, and after 31 October, of course, no more.
I have XP professional, and an old Office 2000 professional, for my uses, sufficient.
On trying to remove the beta, ther was no mention of it in the control panel, nor could find it in the programs directory.
It did appear in Start/all programs, but the bug was that all office programs behaved erratically, and could not even use the FIND for anything- the beta kept appearing, claiming no longer active.
After searching the internet, your idea of deleting office14 from the Registry came up- it was the simplest- and IT WORKED!
I made a full copy of the registry beforehand, just in case.
Thanks again

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/84793-manual-uninstall-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi

Is it possible to create a "send only" account in Outlook 2010? I don't want to receive mails on the account. I use MAPI and no Exchange server.

Peter

A:"Only send" account i Outlook 2010?

I know how to do this in Outlook 2003. It might translate loosely to 2010. You have to edit the Send/Receive Settings and define the Send/Receive groups. The keyboard shortcut for this in Outlook 2003 is Ctrl+Alt+S.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/280239-only-send-account-i-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi.

I'm new to the forum so hello to everyone.

I am running office professional 2010 and in outlook 2010 I have various email accounts.

lets say [email protected] and [email protected] etc etc

All accounts are from the same server and all have worked fine since setting them up.

I have all the account inboxes listed top left of the screen under favorites and just click on the desired account to see todays emails

Recently [email protected] causes outlook to "not responding" as soon as I click on the account.

Does anyone have any ideas what could have changed?

thanks

A:Only one out of man pop 3 account causes outlook 2010 "not responding"

Hi and Welcome to SF,

Have you tried removing then re-adding the email Account for [email protected] from Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\Mail?

Please post an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/191715-only-one-out-man-pop-3-account-causes-outlook-2010-not-responding.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys Sometimes when iam trying to install a Video driver manually i got the following message "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems" although it is the driver which was working on other windows before . so i hope someone could help me in this problem.Thank you 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/A-problem-in-manual-setup-for-video-driver/td-p/5686036
Relevancy 56.76%

Bought a refurbished WPN Hooked it up and no trying to set it up on my computer I have a WPN USB and had that software search for it and it didn t see it no prob setup No Netgear WPN824 Issues - Manual CD Went to IP address - http and as it says on Netgear WPN824 Manual setup No CD - Issues many forums I entered ADMIN Netgear WPN824 Manual setup No CD - Issues for login user name and PASSWORD for password didn t like that Tried ADMIN and for the password nope Here s the weird thing when I go to that address the authentication box for the user name and password says quot Enter user name and password for quot WRT G quot at http quot Now that s a linksys router WTH Did I get a netgear box with old linksys inside is that even possible Anyway I also went to http www routerlogin net basicsetting htm and that page can t be found I also went to routerlogin net and that s just the Netgear FAQ page for issues Any help here on getting this going would be greatly appreciated Oh I did reset the router to restore setting and restarted everything nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I went to pc settings to add proxy manually
then I go to google "my ip". The ip is till the same before I manually add the proxy, and yes I did click save.
I'm wondering if any files are missing on my laptop...?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68636-windows-setting-manual-proxy-setup-not-working.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am new to this forum I decided to register in the hope that someone could give me some high level advice relating to the set-up of a large document We have a manual that is in dire need of re-vamping I think that I would be considered an intermediate level MS needed WORD / MS Advice manual format a setup for on in WORD user but I Advice needed on format / setup for a manual in MS WORD am having some difficulty in getting my mind around what the best solution might be for this project Currently the Policy and Procedures Manual is made up of a number of discrete sections and policy documents executed in WORD The shortcoming of this is that it is not readily searchable in electronic format or on paper The TOC is simply another document currently it has no links There is no front to back pagination so locating a particular part of the document can be difficult Elements of the existing document o Table of Contents o Sections Health and Safety Food Services Physical Plant amp Maintenance etc of them o Within each section there are individual Policy documents with can range from a single page to pages in length e g Under Physical Plant amp Maintenance there would be Policy documents describing Waste Management pages Scheduled Routine Maintenance pages Emergency Hot Cold Weather procedures Pages etc Each section may contain from to policy documents Each Policy page currently consists of Header with o a logo o the manual title o the section title o the policy name o the policy number o date document was initiated o approved by o next scheduled review date o approved by o next scheduled review date o approved by o followed by the specific content Currently no theme has been applied Several Policy documents contain very long tables So here in a perfect world is where they would like to go with this o one document with consistent pagination o ability to generate a TOC with links to the relevant section o maintain section concept o maintain discrete policy documents within each section so that they could be individually printed - and preferably to capture the number of pages within each policy document o searchable for content o index o relative ease of maintenance so that headers and footers would typically not need much attention as changes are made to policy documents o ability to publish the whole manual to a pdf document I think that I may be able to convince them that the policy number is really redundant when there is a unique policy name however I seem to be having difficulty in overcoming the need for each page of a policy to indicate how many pages it is in length The content of the document is currently under study so it would be an ideal time to address the format issues I have experience in dealing with themes TOC s indexes etc so I think I should be able to handle that part The question for me is to how to deal with section titles policy titles and numbers and pages within the headers or footers without having to create a series of unique headers addressing each circumstance Is it possible to invoke sub-sections within sections This might address the situation I have re-read this several times to try to confirm that it makes sense I suspect that it might not for the reader but hopefully I have included enough information to point me in the right direction Thanks in advance Ray nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I am trying to get a small range of ports to open up on a Windows Vista Home Edition laptop It $39 port work, works? Manual issues. software Having forwarding setup doesn't is connected to a Linksys WCG Wireless-G Cable Gateway with an Ethernet cable The laptop is setup on Having port forwarding issues. Manual setup doesn't work, $39 software works? a static IP address all firewall software as far as I can tell is disabled and not in the way Port forwarding has been manually setup within Having port forwarding issues. Manual setup doesn't work, $39 software works? the router twice once after a hard reset back to factory defaults I ve setup port forwarding on dozens of routers with no trouble but for some reason I can t get this thing to work I started by testing the connection using this website http www yougetsignal com tools open-ports The port range I am trying to test on is - All of these ports have been manually added to Windows Firewall Exception settings but that doesn t make a difference And so I tried to shut the firewall off entirely and it still doesn t make a difference Then at the bottom of the web page mentioned above it says quot Try this powerful auto-configuration software quot located here http download cnet com Port-Forwarding-Wizard - - html I m not going to blow on this software even though IT WORKS I just don t know why Does anyone have an idea about why this program is able to do the trick I d like to try and find the actually cause of this problem The fact that the software works seems to suggest the problem is in the laptops software configuration itself and that the router is correctly forwarding traffic like it s been told to Yet something else persists in blocking I don t see any other firewall software running so I don t know what else could possibly be blocking traffic Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Having port forwarding issues. Manual setup doesn't work, $39 software works?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-port-forwarding-issues-manual-setup-doesnt-work-39-software-works.950677/
Relevancy 53.75%

The XPS i motherboard failed the Ethernet port and both PCI Express slots were not functioning I replaced - - the listed setup not display replaced motherboard - 630i beep XPS no Manual Dell code in the motherboard with one purchased on eBay and I used the CPU amp memory sticks from the old motherboard plus the GE Force GT video card and the hard drive with the previous installation of Windows on it but then due to health issues it Dell XPS - 630i replaced motherboard setup - no display - beep code not listed in the Manual sat incompleted for a year It just needed the waterblock and cooling system installed which is just recently completed When attempting to start the computer it plays a continuous beep for seconds pauses for seconds beeps again for seconds pauses again for seconds beeps again for seconds then stops There s no video display I realize I may have to reset BIOS CMOS yet with no video display I m seeking to respond to this beep s meaning learn what that means first - and then generally how to set up this new installation from here Thanks Rob archer

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19981165
Relevancy 53.75%

The XPS i motherboard failed the Ethernet port and both PCI Express slots were not functioning I replaced the motherboard with one purchased on eBay and I used the CPU amp memory sticks from the old motherboard plus the GE Force GT video card and the - setup replaced code beep XPS display not no the motherboard Dell - Manual - 630i listed in hard drive with the previous installation of Windows on it but then due to health issues it sat incompleted for a year It just needed the waterblock and cooling system installed which is just Dell XPS - 630i replaced motherboard setup - no display - beep code not listed in the Manual recently completed When attempting to start the computer it plays a continuous beep for seconds pauses for seconds beeps again for seconds pauses again for seconds beeps again for seconds then stops There s no video display I realize I may have to reset BIOS CMOS yet with no video display I m seeking to respond to this beep s meaning learn what that means first - and then generally how to set up this new installation from here Thanks Rob archer

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19981165
Relevancy 52.03%

Good morning everyone So the other day something incredibly weird had occurred I was receiving email normally on my phone came into work logged in and began working on my trouble tickets I noted that when I went back to Outlook to view an email the email in particular was gone and then all were gone My folders and emails within randomly email? 2010 / Exchange inbox 2010 deleted Outlook them still remained the same I attempted to research what on Earth happened but I haven't been able to find anything specific to my issue I'm using Outlook connected to an Exchange server for work Outlook was setup as cached exchange mode but that has since been changed The emails also disappeared from my phone's inbox too it's as if everything was deleted and Exchange figured that's what it should be and synced everything that way Deleting my OST didn't resolve or resync anything I ran the scanpst tool on the ost file which reports errors but as I read the scanpst tool can't repair an OST and thus doesn't do anything Does Outlook have some sort of log that may explain what on Earth happened I can't find any error messages or any other reasons for what may have happened My view settings weren't changed nothing has changed on my end There is no spyware malware installed on the PC Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2010 randomly deleted inbox email? as far as I can tell No real issues in the Sync issues folder other than a Forms syncing issue which seems to be related to Exchange needing a patch but can otherwise be ignored I will give you any other information I possibly can just hoping that I can figure out what happened so this can be prevented in the future The email eventually began working normally but for a brief period of time whatever was in my unread folder once they were read they disappeared like the rest of the inbox Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2010 randomly deleted inbox email?

Are you the only person using that Exchange server who has this issue? Check with the IT department to see if they can recover the emails in your mailbox from the server. It's possible they recently did some maintenance on the mail server that caused this issue. That fact that both Outlook and your phone are having this issue points to this being an Exchange server problem, as Outlook uses autodiscover and MAPI while your phone uses ActiveSync to connect to the server.

Do you have access to your email using Outlook Web Access? If so, log in and see if the emails are there. If not, it's definitely a server issue.

If your mail is still on the server, one thing you could try is re-enabling the cached Exchange mode, saving the change, and then restarting Outlook. The last thing to try is to delete the email account profile and recreate it. Make sure to get the proper settings from IT if you don't already have them -- although since you are using Exchange and autodiscover, that's usually just a case of entering your username and password when you recreate it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545169/outlook-2010-exchange-2010-randomly-deleted-inbox-email/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm running Windows Professional and just upgraded IE from to Afterwards I observed that Outlook was not downloading pictures instead showing red x's and Excel embedded internet 2010 and appears (embedded Outlook IE TIF corrupted to queries) 11 affecting have (images) 2010 upgrade Excel queries stopped working nbsp I think I've cornered the problem but can't seem to fix I have also observed that IE 11 upgrade appears to have corrupted TIF affecting Outlook 2010 (images) and Excel 2010 (embedded queries) IE's temporary internet files TIF folder may be missing Internet Options gt Browsing History gt Settings gt Temporary Internet Files shows nothing under Current Location and the allotted disk space is set to zero and cannot be changed If I input another number no matter the number I receive the following error message quot Please select a value between and for how much disk space Temporary Internet Files may use quot I have tried renaming the following RegEdit keys but to no avail Cache and LowCache both under HKEY CURRENT USER gt Software gt Microsoft gt Windows gt Internet Settings gt They get replaced when IE is re-opened The actual values within the registry keys are as follows Cache gt Content gt CacheLimit Decimal LowCache gt Content gt CacheLimit Decimal This is driving me crazy Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp -David

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/66c5eb9a-6005-49cd-b8cb-8fbc8e1c8c46/ie-11-upgrade-appears-to-have-corrupted-tif-affecting-outlook-2010-images-and-excel-2010-embedded?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm running Windows Professional and just upgraded IE from to Afterwards I observed that Outlook was not downloading pictures instead showing red x's and Excel embedded internet queries stopped working nbsp I think I've cornered the problem but can't seem to fix I 11 (embedded Outlook 2010 appears queries) affecting Excel to 2010 corrupted have and upgrade TIF (images) IE have also observed that IE's temporary internet files TIF folder may be missing Internet Options gt Browsing History gt Settings gt Temporary Internet Files shows nothing under Current Location and the allotted disk space is set to zero and cannot be changed If I input another number no matter the number I receive the following error message quot Please select a value between and for how much disk space Temporary Internet Files may use IE 11 upgrade appears to have corrupted TIF affecting Outlook 2010 (images) and Excel 2010 (embedded queries) quot I have tried renaming the following RegEdit keys but to no avail Cache and LowCache both under HKEY CURRENT USER gt Software gt Microsoft gt Windows gt Internet Settings gt They get replaced when IE is re-opened The actual values within the registry keys are as follows Cache gt Content gt CacheLimit Decimal LowCache gt Content gt CacheLimit Decimal This is driving me crazy Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp -David

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b77214fb-b934-4d5b-9340-a0067bd56a8c/ie-11-upgrade-appears-to-have-corrupted-tif-affecting-outlook-2010-images-and-excel-2010-embedded?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello All Win Prof bit Office Task 2010 Word Document from in a a 2010 Outlook Creating I've been trying to create a Task in Outlook from a Word Document that I have created on this computer The idea is that a shortcut to the document is created as an Outlook Task Click on the shortcut and voila - Creating a Task in Outlook 2010 from a Word 2010 Document there is the document The quot Create Microsoft Office Task quot icon DOES send the document to Outlook as a Shortcut in a Task however when I open the task Outlook says quot Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments Shortcut to 'document name' quot It's NOT an unsafe attachment Outlook WILL OPEN this document if I send it as an email attachment Outlook will open docx files types This is a one person computer no network no sharing And this problem has been driving me crazy This would be a wonderful feature if I can get it to work Anyone have any ideas what I or Outlook are doing wrong Thanks for your help Barb

A:Creating a Task in Outlook 2010 from a Word 2010 Document

I think this will do the job for you:
Add & Create Outlook 2010 Tasks From Word 2010

Quote:
You can create a task from Word 2010 document and save it under Outlook 2010 tasks. This feature is by default concealed but you can make it apparent on Quick Access toolbar and use it directly.

In order to use this feature, you need to make this feature apparent on Word 2010 Quick Access Toolbar, head over to Quick Access Toolbar and from small drop down button click More Commands.

You will reach Word Options dialog. Hit drop-down button present beneath the Choose commands and select All Commands. Now scroll-down the list and find Create Microsoft Outlook Task command. Select it and click Add (>>) to show it on Quick Access toolbar pane. Once added, hit OK.

First save the document and then select any portion of the text in the document from which you want to create the task, from Quick Access toolbar, click Outlook task button.

Upon click, it will create Outlook task for the Word document and you will reach Outlook Task dialog where you can set Start and Due date for the task and add more information about it. Save & close the task to view it under Outlook tasks.

When opening task in Outlook 2010, you can also view the document from which it was created from, just double-click the document to open it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/221473-creating-task-outlook-2010-word-2010-document.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I had a problem with Outlook emails hanging up in the outbox and then sending as many as 14 copies of the same message. I was unable to fix this Using the "Repair" function of the upgrade installation disk (created from the downloaded file). I removed Office completely and tried to reload; however, my disk got corrupted and Outlook is no longer available. Is there a way to recover Outlook without having to purchase it separately? I am using Office Professional Plus 2010 Home Use Program. The email that came with the original download from Digital River states to go to the "Account Management Console" to reload; however, this is on a hard copy and the original email with the link is no longer available. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Outlook 2010 missing from Office Professional Plus 2010

If you downloaded this from Digital River, then you may be able to download it again, contact them and ask.

If you can download the install file again and it works, burn yourself a CD of the downloaded install file.

Also write the keycode on the CD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2010-missing-from-office-professional-plus-2010.1044912/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all
Having totally WIPED office 2010 from my system and re-installed again the problem I had with the "Purge" folder not appearing now is SOLVED.

However you still don't get a line through the deleted items -- but they are in Trash folder now.

This is BETTER but still NOT WHAT IS NEEDED -- as another computer with Outlook 2007 doesn't get the "Non purged" items in the inbox which it should do.

IMAP should effectively leave items in the Inbox until purged -- otherwise I might as well go back to POP3 - more fiddly to manage whern you leave stuff on the server but it works.

What I'm resigned to doing now is to use the REST of the office 2010 suite (EXCEL etc) which is really good but stick with Outlook 2007 for email.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Outlook 2010 Saga with IMAP, Can I use Office 2010 and

I do like the way 2010 deletes the emails without purge, but I have found that rules randomly fail and some mail goes awol for a while when switching between folders (it reappears after a while)

IMO outlook 2003 is still the best (I hated 2007) but I will reserve full judgement until 2010 is out of beta.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/54109-outlook-2010-saga-imap-can-i-use-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all,

this maybe a tricky one, im not that techi so please bare with me

I am using MS office 2010

when I try to link an access database to an outlook folder using the:

home ribbon > External Data > import & Link > more > outlook Folder.

after I click on the "outlook folder" option, nothing happens.

absolutely nothing. no warning, no error, no not responding.. nothing at all.

I spent hours and hours looking for solutions, messed other parts of my computer and still no success

I need to link to my outlook contact. please help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF1RYvwpeeE this may sound silly I uploaded a video on you tube asking for help.

A:Access 2010 Linking to outlook folder 2010

Works like a charm on mine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2010-linking-to-outlook-folder-2010.1007140/
Relevancy 51.6%

Every day I send out excel documents that I then convert to pdf s I use the same excel template on each document The only thing that changes in each document per recipient is the quot name quot quot company quot amp quot email quot fields in the excel document Question Is there a way I can get these documents to interface with outlook so that when I select more than one person Outlook & 2010 2010 Excel fields Populate to receive the document as many as people will Outlook 2010 & Excel 2010 Populate fields receive the same document and auto populate the contact info quot name quot quot company quot quot email quot This way would save me a few steps so that I don t have to pick a contact type all their info in the fields send Select my next contact enter appropriate info in the fields and repeat and repeat I m emailing job specific information to everyone working on the same job I m sending it to multiple people but need it to look like they were the only one who received the document Just like when you get an email about the quot deal of the week quot that says quot Dear Mr Johnson How s your summer going quot while someone in NYC gets the same letter that says quot Dear Mr Thompson How s your summer going quot from the same sender Of course the deal of the week changes each week How can I make this happen If there is a better way outside using excel to create pdfs or a totally different method entirely I m all ears I just need to send the information and it not be able to be easily modified by the recipient I know there has to be a more efficient way to do this Thank you for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-excel-2010-populate-fields.1014381/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all,

this maybe a tricky one, im not that techi so please bare with me

I am using MS office 2010

when I try to link an access database to an outlook folder using the:

home ribbon > External Data > import & Link > more > outlook Folder.

after I click on the "outlook folder" option, nothing happens.

absolutely nothing. no warning, no error, no not responding.. nothing at all.

I spent hours and hours looking for solutions, messed other parts of my computer and still no success

I need to link to my outlook contact. please help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF1RYvwpeeE this may sound silly I uploaded a video on you tube asking for help.

A:Access 2010 Linking to outlook folder 2010

As a work around...Export your contacts from Outlook to csv then import (text) to Access. File > Options > Advanced...Export is midway down the page

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2010-linking-to-outlook-folder-2010.1007146/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have had a terrible time trying to trace down "not responding" in various programs. About 90% of the time however, it occurs in Outlook 2010 and sometimes in Word 2010. I took down the information from the event viewer after the last time it happened so badly that I had to restart the program because waiting didn't bring it back.
Win 7 Prof, SP1. i7, 930 with 24 gig of 1333 Kingston HyperX ram. Several drives: C SSD Plextor and Office is actually installed on a WD Caviar. Neither drive show errors. Only thing I see is that the Caviar is using Microsoft 2006 driver and I haven't been able to find a newer driver. Happens when SATA is set to AHCI and when it is set to IDE.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer.
BTW, I have run scannow and also have gone through my pst files and archived.

Louise

A:Outlook 2010 and sometimes other Office 2010 not responding

Your post is evidently messed up as your graphics are not readable.
You might want to look at your post and see what you can do to clarify
your pictures.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/263689-outlook-2010-sometimes-other-office-2010-not-responding.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello -
I have a client that has SSO enabled with ADFS and it works fine with his SharePoint implementation. However, OWA not so much.
When he tries to go to outlook.office365.com he gets pushed to a page for manual authentication. But, if he goes to outlook.office365.com/mydomain.com, where mydomain.com is his domain, it automatically logs him in.
Why would this be like this and does anyone know what part of his setup should be modified so that he can directly access OWA without having to be manually authenticated or having to add his domain to the end of the URL?
I have looked all over the web and so far have been unable to find an answer.
Thank you,
Rann

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434875-outlook-web-access-owa-fails-sso-requiring-manual-authentication.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP with Microsoft Office Professional on a Sony Vaio VGN-CR E I just had to send it into Sony Tech Support for what ended up being a harddrive failure They did their magic and my in rules; automatically fine Won't manual. 2007 Outlook works -- in apply Vista laptop Outlook 2007 in Vista -- Won't automatically apply rules; works fine in manual. was sent back with factory settings I've been trying to rehab it back to my quot old way quot and I'm running into resistance with Outlook I loved the way I had it set up before it died--my three AOL accounts and my one gmail account all had their own folder sets but new incoming mail would also appear in the Personal Folders Inbox My Hotmail account was separate and the primary account I set up all of the email accounts again and when new AOL Gmail emails didn't start appearing in the Personal Folder Inbox I created rules for each of the accounts that were quot on this machine only quot and quot through the specified account quot quot Apply this rule after the message arrives through the aol account and on this machine only move it to the Inbox folder quot Here's the really weird part--the rules work just fine when I get into Rules and Alerts and run each rule manually The emails transfer just like they should How come they won't do that when I click quot Send Receive quot I just want it back the way it was

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/outlook-2007-in-vista-wont-automatically-apply-rules-works-fine-in-manual-407442.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I get the following erroe when setting up Office 2010

Error 1013. Setup cannot acess the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\EQUATION. Verify that the folder exists in your system and that you have sufficient permissions to update it.

When I open the EQUATION folder I can't change the security.

Thanks for any and all help.

A:Error during Office 2010 setup

Welcome
Any problem with permissions can usually be handled with the hidden administrator.
Administrator Account

http://www.vistax64.com/software/295090-error-during-office-2010-setup.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone. Fine?

So, I have just added my second email account to Windows one (I have one only for Xbox LIVE), as I can't use my other email with the Smart Glass app with this account. Anyway.

I add the account on W8 settings, and it says the user must be connected to internet for the first time setup. I have a desktop, so I'm basically all the time on internet. Anyway, I switch users, try to login unto my new account but, for some reason, it says I need to be connected for the first time.

I'm not sure why that is happening, as when I switch back quickly to my normal account, internet is working perfectly...

There is almos more two accounts on the system, my brother's and mom's (making that 4 including the Xbox Live one)

Anyone had this problem? If yes, how did you fixed it?

Cheers.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/23054-cant-setup-new-account.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am attempting to find add-ons for Outlook 2010. This is what I need the add-on to do:
Export an email from Outlook onto our server, and into a job folder.
Save file with date email was received, not exported out of Outlook, and subject line.
Thanks

A:Outlook 2010/export emails from outlook to CSV folder with received date and subject

Why not drag and drop the email to the file system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-export-emails-from-outlook-to-csv-folder-with-received-date-and-subject.1043231/
Relevancy 48.59%

We are running Exchange SP and our clients have Office Our Outlook profiles are created automatically by using Group Policy to set a registry key which points to a PRF file with all the Outlook settings Lately many of our users are reporting that their emails are getting stuck in the Outbox If you look Outbox; Corrupt 2010 Profile Email in Stuck Outlook Outlook at their Outlook profile they have two Exchange accounts listed You cannot delete either of them it gives a message that this is the default email account The immediate solution is to recreate the user's Outlook profile This allows the stuck email to send The real issue is that this keeps occurring Recreating the Outlook profile sometimes fixes the problem for a long time months maybe But other times the problem occurs the next day This is happening with users who have established Outlook profiles as well as new users logging into their Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile PCs for Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile the first time I've attached the code from our PRF Any Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile help is appreciated as we have around active users and we're constantly chasing after this issue

A:Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile

Couple steps you may apply...

1. Repair the offline file with a Microsoft utility called SCANOST.exe. I’ve seen this file reside in a number of different locations, mainly within Program Files. It might be best to search for it with Windows or Google Desktop. SCANPST.exe will also work, though you’ll have to go digging for your outlook.ost, which should be near c:\Documents and Settings\ %profile%\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ Microsoft\ Outlook\ outlook.ost. If your file is significant in size, you’ll save a lot of time with the repair operation by not creating a backup. Because if the repair finishes successfully and Outlook still bombs, you’ll need to.
2. Shutdown Outlook completely, including any runaway outlook.exe processes in the task manager. Open Mail in the Control Panel and before you delete your profile completely, write down the server settings! There’s no need to worry about backing up your mail as it’s stored on the Exchange server. (Essentially, you’re deleting that outlook.ost when you drop your mail profile.) Now, start Outlook and it will create a new profile, where you’ll configure the server with the information you wrote down previously.

If steps above don’t work or you need to get more variants of .pst restoration, visit...
http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/microsoft/microsoft-aa/outlook/1503-is-there-any-opportunity-to-recover-huge-pst-file-over-6gb - multi functional user community where you may discuss methods and cases of .pst corruption
https://www.repairtoolbox.com/how-to-repair-outlook.html Outlook Repair Toolbox - one of the accessible tools on the market, as a variant in case you can’t recover .pst file via ScanPST or manually solutions
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/3169137 - a lot of tips for outlook

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577470/outlook-2010-email-stuck-in-outbox;-corrupt-outlook-profile/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a new Dell Inspiron 14Z running windows 7 pro 64bit and i'm using Microsoft office 2010.
I'm trying to retrieve archived emails that i backed up on an external hard drive from a previous computer, the files are .pst which is an outlook format but i keep on getting an error message saying the file is not an Outlook data file (.pst).
i dont have any other way to retrieve these emails since they were deleted from the server and its about 1.5 years of work emails. Not sure what to do? should i move the files from the external driver to a different location on the computer and open them, or are they corrupted and need to be fixed?

A:Archived outlook files will not open on outlook 2010, any suggestions?

This might help you: Fix Outlook 2010 Problem: PST File Repair Tool

In short, there's a PST file repair tool included with Office 2010, but no shortcut to the tool exists in the start menu. The above link tells you how to find the tool and run it - see if it can fix up your PST file and make it readable by Outlook 2010.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/199828-archived-outlook-files-will-not-open-outlook-2010-any-suggestions.html
Relevancy 48.16%

i was curious, i inputted the mail servers by hand, it works... does it do the mai sync etc faster if it,s done thru outlook or its the same result??

using imap-mail.outlook.com with 993 port thru SSL and smtp-mail.outlook.com with 587 thry TLS

thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/401366-outlook-2010-wont-sync-win7-using-outlook-connector.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Recently a customer of the company I work for did some upgrade to their system (not exactly sure what). The result is that when they send a mail containing a hyperlink to file on their website, the link doesn't work.
When you hover over the link you should get something like 'https//thiscompany.com/page.do?DOCID=123456'.
However, what we actually get on Outlook 2003 is 'outbind://39-00000000C176F3FF67E6754394476777057BDCA60700071475F5FEB9AC4FABB3D7C8EE9381620000007059
EB000088DD1DB25534C84FACDD47289A5756BB000000B81C170000/thiscompany.com/page.do?DOCID=123456'.
On mac mail it looks like this 'x-msg://24/thiscompany.com/page.do?DOCID=123456'.

The links work fine on Outlook 2010. Any idea what's happening here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-hyperlinks-not-working-on-outlook-2003-or-mac-mail.1061245/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have the outlook Hotmail connector installed on my work machine (On outlook 2010), and I also have outlook 2016 (which connects to outlook.com natively) on my home machine.

Both have stopped playing nice with outlook.com in different ways::

outlook 2010 simply wont connect with outlook.com at all -
Outlook 2016 shows my email and calendar from outlook.com but will no longer show my wife's shared calendar.

Both of these installations were working perfectly with no issues prior to the recent outlook.com upgrade.
Has anyone else experiences issues like this?

A:Outlook Hotmail Connector 2010 not working after outlook.com upgrade

Hotmail Connector is no longer supported and will only work with the old Outlook.com. After your Outlook.com account has been migrated to the new Office 365 backend, you'll need to re-configure your account and not use Hotmail Connector anymore.

Details here:
Outlook.com migration changes; What do I need to know and do? - HowTo-Outlook

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/68675-outlook-hotmail-connector-2010-not-working-after-outlook-com-upgrade.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all My WOW account has been compromised and i now followed the steps to remove any unwanted stuff from my pc If anyone could pls check my Hijacthis save for any malicious thing id be grateful THX Logfile of Trend Micro 2010 account WOW 01 theft 03 HijackThis v WOW account theft 03 01 2010 Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WOW account theft 03 01 2010 WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exec WINDOWS system IFXSPMGT exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exec WINDOWS system IFXTCS exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Performance Drivers nvPDsvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exec Program Files ProtectTools Embedded Security Software PSDsrvc EXEC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Linksys WMP N WLService exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC Program Files Linksys WMP N WMP N exeC Program Files Curse CurseClient exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exec Program Files ProtectTools Embedded Security Software PSDrt exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exec WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation infocard exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www nu nl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer wwwproxy xs all nl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride https lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName KoppelingenO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO Windows Live Aanmelden - Help - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Fil... Read more

A:WOW account theft 03 01 2010

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284147/wow-account-theft-03-01-2010/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys sorry if this has been answered but I'm not finding it anywhere or anything that helps MS Office Pro encountered 2010 setup during error from my googling and forum reading Here's my problem summed up I upgraded from W to W a few months ago everything was well incl MS Ofc and then recently I ran into some spyware issues that I had to do a quot Reset Computer quot on W So obviously it removed all my programs or MS Office Pro 2010 encountered error during setup apps as they call it now and I went to reinstall my MS Office Pro from the exe file I have saved I tried it times at least and it keeps running into the quot encountered a problem during MS Office Pro 2010 encountered error during setup setup quot error So I found a different download on Microsoft and tried that several times to no avail same error So I tried disabling AV and such things and still error From some things I read with other users that had this issue dealt with net framework and such but they were all running W I have no idea how to fix this problem on W Does anyone have any advice or suggestions please I appreciate any help in advance

A:MS Office Pro 2010 encountered error during setup

If you have the product key, MS can help you via download or if you have the disc. Not sure the disc you created can work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/ms-office-pro-2010-encountered-error-during-setup-1065634.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

What is the proceedure to setup new user accounts in XP? Thanks

A:Setup new User account on XP

From Windows Help:

To add a new user to the computer
When you add a user to your computer, you are allowing that individual to have access to files and programs on your computer.

The steps to perform this task differ depending on whether your computer is a member of a network domain or is part of a workgroup (or is a stand-alone computer).

My computer is on a domain

You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.

Open User Accounts in Control Panel.
On the Users tab, click Add.
Follow the instructions on the screen to add a new user.
Notes

Add New User gives an existing domain user permission to use the computer.
You can only add existing domain users by using User Accounts. To add a new local user, on the Advanced tab, click the Advanced button. In Local Users and Groups, click Users, and then on the Action menu, click New User.
You should not add a new user to the Administrators group unless the user will perform only administrative tasks. For more information, click Related Topics.
My computer is not on a domain

You must have a computer administrator account on the computer to add a new user to the computer.

Open User Accounts in Control Panel.
Click Create a new account.
Type a name for the new user account, and then click Next.
Click Computer administrator or Limited, depending on the type of account you want to assign to the new user, and then click Create Account.
Notes

The name you assign to the account is the name that will appear on the Welcome screen and the Start menu.
The first user you add to the computer must be assigned a computer administrator account.
Notes

To open User Accounts, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click User Accounts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-new-user-account-on-xp.141130/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to setup a new Windows 8 computer that is going to be a gift. I need to go through the setup procedure so I can install some software which is also part of the gift. How can I do this without having to use a Microsoft account, or at least with leaving the least amount of account remnants for the new user?

A:Setup without Microsoft Account

unless you do an upgrade and not a clean install, i dont think there'll be a problem with remnants , and you dont really need a microsoft account to install windows, its sth you set up later , just do a clean install and format any other partitions of the disk and ur gift is finishd .

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/46135-setup-without-microsoft-account.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I want to create a limited account for a second user. But I want to deny this user access to a particular hard drive, possibly two.

I have created the account, but how to set up the permissions?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-account-setup.844822/
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm a 7 newbie. I wish to setup a standard account without password for visitors. I will employ parental controls to limit access to most programs. How do I edit the Start menu of the newly created standard account so that the restricted programs are not visible? At the moment, the Start menu in standard account is the same as in Administrator account. Thanks.

A:Setup standard account

Welcome to the Forum,

Use the guest account, its there for the very purpose that you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/64566-setup-standard-account.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Just going through the frustrating task of switching to new Win machines from old XP machines I have several thousand important business e-mails on my old XP Outlook 6 e-mails to Importing 2010 from Express Outlook machine under Outlook Express Six different accounts each with their own inbox Four are POP are IMAP The new machine has Office with Outlook and I have set up all accounts and they are sending and receiving fine I have read several articles on how to move or export import all my old e-mails into Outlook but they all seem to be written as if I have both Outlook Express and Outlook on both machines - not the case Some say to install Outlook temporarily on the old machine and make the conversion there - is this really necessary Where would I get just Outlook Download a trial version The articles all seem to make reference to a PST file I have located the store files on the Outlook Express old machine and they are all in a dbx format Additionally there are literally dozens of these dbx files many for old folders that I no longer have on the old machine even some old e-mail accounts that have been closed for years Can someone walk me though how to move export import my e-mails from my old XP machine with Outlook Express xxx only onto my new machine with Outlook only Can I migrate Importing e-mails from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2010 individual folders or do I have to move everything all accounts plus the sent items folder at once Sure would appreciate any help here Importing e-mails from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2010 - I'm getting nowhere following the articles I have found online Thanks in advance Slider

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528898/importing-e-mails-from-outlook-express-6-to-outlook-2010/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I've just started using Outlook 2010 instead of WLM 2010, because it is getting too slow and really bugging me.

I'm able to send/receive mail from a web account (from a website I administrate), my Gmail and ONE windows live account, but my main email (the second windows live account) just wont process.

Attached a screenshot of what happens.

Like I said, it's weird this is happening to just one of my Hotmail accounts, but it's so annoying to have to use two email clients, or one client and one browser.

This seems to be a very unreliable thing Outlook Connector does, but is there any way to fix it? I've tried repairing/re-installing Connector, repaired Office, re-added the account, and deleting the OST files. still no luck.

I'm on Win 7 Home Premium SP1 Running Office 2010 Pro.

Thanks,
Sam

A:Outlook Connector (Outlook 2010) Won't send/receive

Are you using the 32-bit version of of Office or the 64-bit version?

Assuming you are using the 32-bit version of Office you also need to use the 32-bit version of Outlook Connector and vice versa.

This link is posted in the hope it may help you: http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-...sed-today.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/202004-outlook-connector-outlook-2010-wont-send-receive.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Folks

This is my first post on the Windows 7 Forums I hope General Discussions is the correct place for my post.

I will shortly be getting a new desktop pc with windows 7 home premium 64 bit. It will have Microsoft office Outlook 2010 on it.
This will replace my current computer which has Outlook 2003.

Is there a way of transferring my saved emails from Outlook 2003 on my old pc to outlook 2010 on my new pc?

Also I currently have 3 email accounts. Is it possible to configure Outlook 2010 to be able to view emails from 3 different email accounts?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Richard

A:How do I transfer emails from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010

Hello Richard and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'm not a fan of Outlook so I don't have a lot of experience with it. Having said that, I remembered an old Microsoft Answers forum thread about moving 2003 .pst files over to 2010. The first answer by Russ Valentine should still be valid. One suggestion if I may. Before attempting to move any emails I think it would be helpful to back them up, make a system image, do something to protect them should the unthinkable happen.

Moving Outlook 2003 Data Filses to Outlook 2010 - Microsoft Answers

There's a separate Seven Forums category for "Browsers & Mail" about half way down on the home page. You may get some better repsonses and suggestions if you ask one of the Forum Moderators or Admin to move this thread over. In the upper right corner of your original post is a red triangle. If you click on that you should get a dialog box where you can ask that the thread be moved.

Browsers & Mail - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/253147-how-do-i-transfer-emails-outlook-2003-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I send invites to lots of all day events from my Outlook 2003 to users who have Outlook 2010. When I send these through I set them to not have reminders set. However, when they get accepted to Outlook 2010, it sets a reminder which means they are being woken up at 11.45pm by reminders for these events. I assume this is a compatibility thing between the two versions? Does anyone have any ideas on this?

This is becoming a real pain for our managers so any assistance that anyone can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks, Stephie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-invite-to-outlook-2010-reminders.981406/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am trying to move one pst file from one laptop which has Outlook 2010 32 bit to another laptop which has Outlook 2010 64 bit installed,
steps taken
1) Copied the pst file from the User/AppData/Microsoft/Outlook folder to usb.
2) Pasted the file from usb into User/Documents folder.
3) Tried to open the file in Outlook and I get the error that Outlook encountered errors while opening the file.
Now how is that possible when the file is working perfectly in one laptop but when I copy and paste it into another it gets corrupted? Is it due to 32 bit to 64 bit outlook? I tried to repair it using scanpst and it brought back few mails, so what else can I do? Am I doing something wrong in moving the file.
Thanks a lot

A:Outlook 2010 PST file copying from 32 bit to 64 bit Office Outlook

Hello saadie, welcome to Seven Forums.

Lots of information about .pst files (including moving them) here:
About the Outlook PST-File | HowTo-Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/204385-outlook-2010-pst-file-copying-32-bit-64-bit-office-outlook.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently upgraded my office suite from 2010 to 2013.
However, I'm not able to find all my stuff of outlook-2010 within new outlook-2013.
How to recover?

Relevancy 47.3%

Need to know how to image a monolithic image not packages a computer with separate hard drives Dual boot Os Win using a windows server running wds and mdt I work for a school and have a classroom that needs these separate drives The capture and imaging of one drive is not a problem but the dual boot process drvs) setup(2 servre using on WDS 2010 MDT Dual boot has been challenging in that I cannot find much information on the process A Vhd will not work for this classroom so I need to figure a way to image first drive PXE boot then reboot and pxe boot back into server for the next image of the nd drive I have tried with another using a nd task sequence and changing the drive number but without success Right now I am in the learning stage of using this new imaging process mostly successful but the dual boot has presented some difficulty I have about months to figure this out before this classroom will need this capability If anyone can present some ideas on how to accomplish this I would greatly appreciate it Thanks in advance w super

A:Dual boot setup(2 drvs) using MDT 2010 on WDS servre

MDT doesn't handle this entirely well, but if you're OK with editing the boot sequence once you're imaged (or automating it in a command-line step somewhere near the end of the TS) then you can do this just by running a command line and using imagex to apply the WIM to the second drive. You'll have to play with diskpart and scripts a bit if you need custom partitioning, but if they're physically two separate drives that should be easy to do with the stock partition and format step in a TS without any diskpart script work. Just make sure drive 1 gets partitiioned and formatted just like drive 0 does in the partition/format step of the TS, then near the end use a command line step to run imagex directly and apply the WIM to the second drive. Given you already know the server will have two drives, and your first image will go to your first drive (drive 0) and your second image will be going to the second drive (drive 1), you can just imagex drive 1 with the second WIM. You can then create a .cmd that imports a bcd store that will make the second drive bootable (the Custom Tasks folder in the TS is a good place for these two steps), and call that from a command line step as well.

So, to recap:
For the Format and Partition step, configure the disks/partitions the way you want - I'm guessing you will leave disk 0 as-is, and just add disk 1 steps (make sure you give that second drive a variable, you'll need it for imagex /apply)
For the application of the second WIM to the second disk, you add a TS command line step in the Custom Tasks folder to imagex /apply the WIM to the second drive (using that variable as the target drive of the imagex command, so you don't need to know the drive letter just in case)
For making it bootable, you add a second TS command line step in the Custom Tasks folder to run a .cmd file (stored in %SCRIPTROOT%) that executes the necessary bcdedit steps to import a bcd that makes the second disk bootable as well. This would require that you get it working first, export the bcd from that working install, and import that bcd to the "new" machine via bcdedit commands in a script in your TS.
Make sense?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/169345-dual-boot-setup-2-drvs-using-mdt-2010-wds-servre.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Guys having an issue here that i cannot seem to resolve at the moment Trying to print to a Lexmark T with Trays each tray has a different style of paper in it I have documents setup such as labels and standard letters that need to print to specific trays which i have setup in quot page setup quot within Word When going to print these documents though the Word application-page setup options are ignored by the printer and unless i specifically tell the printer what tray and type to use from printer settings before printing it just prints on the default tray Its like the Printer driver is overriding any Print settings within the application I know this is a common problem the other way around i e the application overrides the printer driver settings but I actually want Word to make the settings and print using them so i do not have to change them everytime i wish to print a document to a certain tray any help appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I had the Beta version for Office 2010 and uninstalled the Beta version prior to installing the new office 2010. I get an error that halts the installing process.

The error says;

Setup is unable to proceed due to the following
MS office 2010 does not support upgrading from a prerelease version of
MS office 2010. You must first uninstall the prerelease version of MS office 2010 products & associated technologies.
Correct these issues listed above and re-run setup
I uninstalled everything that related to MS office 2010 (Beta)

What must I check to make sure all files are uninstalled?

Thanks
Larry

A:office 2010 setup error do to Beat Version

It took me several days to figure it out but the program WINDOWS INSTALL CLEAN UP work great to indentify all the loose files on Offfice 2010 beta

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/93300-office-2010-setup-error-do-beat-version.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am running Windows Vista and when I try to install Microsoft Word 2010 it comes up with the following error message "Microsoft Word 2010 encountered an error during setup" but does not give any error code.  I've tried more than once to install
making sure I was under an administrator account but it still does the same thing.  I've searched for answers but nothing has helped.
Does anyone know what is going on and how I can fix this so I can use Word?
Thank you for any help you can provide.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/06472e7c-f90f-4d0e-b922-4831084fa74c/microsoft-word-2010-encountered-an-error-during-setup?forum=TechNetEvents
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, there I am having trouble with setting up my account on the hp connected music system. I had an account previously, however my laptop updated and I lost a few things. Everytime I try to either login or setup an account I keep getting a message stating there was an error communicating with the account service. My internet coonection is fine and I don't know how else to setup an account. Please help me find a solution. Thanks,Nathinisi

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/hp-connected-music-account-setup/td-p/5716918
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Toshiba laptop and the update to 8.1 wants a password and to set up a user account with Microsoft email account...I don't want to setup a Microsoft account I want just a password only... How does one go by setting this up?

A:Dont want to setup a Microsoft account

For what it is worth, I suggest setting up a Microsoft account.

It makes installing future updates easier.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/42362-dont-want-setup-microsoft-account.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, there I am having trouble with setting up my account on the hp connected music system. I had an account previously, however my laptop updated and I lost a few things. Everytime I try to either login or setup an account I keep getting a message stating there was an error communicating with the account service. My internet coonection is fine and I don't know how else to setup an account. Please help me find a solution. Thanks,Nathinisi

A:hp connected music account setup

Hi @nathinisi, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that you have troubles when setting up the account on HP connected music system. I wanted to help. I found a document may help: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03560726 To learn more about the HP Connected Music app or find help, see HP Connected Music Support Forums Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. Regards,  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/hp-connected-music-account-setup/td-p/5716918
Relevancy 47.3%

I try to set up POP account in Outlook 2007 but I am not able to click the "Internet email" option as it is disabled. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I was a Windows user and yesterday I installed Win Pro which I purchased almost a month ago just didn't have the time to install it was better that I didn't have any time and since then I can't figure out lot of things one of which is really disgusting See that my mom and I use the same laptop she uses it on morning and I at night And thus I created two user accounts for example mine is A and me two [Win Pro] 8.1 with setup help users account Kindly my mom's is B Now when I turn on the lappy it goes straight into my account without even asking to which I want login Where on Windows after the welcome screen always there was an option of two accounts but story Kindly help me with two users account setup [Win 8.1 Pro] has changed So what should I do to get it back like it was on Seven I Kindly help me with two users account setup [Win 8.1 Pro] just want each time I reboot the machine there must be an option of both accounts and I will choose where I wanna login PS Both accounts of my mom and mine are set as admin Kindly help asap she is an amateur and she gets confused when the lappy goes straight into my account Thanks

A:Kindly help me with two users account setup [Win 8.1 Pro]

Try this mate: Sign in - Show All Users or Last User in Windows 8
Show all users is the one you'd want. Also, passwords often help solve the issue as well, and are recommended, especially for people with admin rights, because malware may be able to install without your consent, and passwords put a wall up against this.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/39616-kindly-help-me-two-users-account-setup-win-8-1-pro.html
Relevancy 47.3%

And Can't Get Online Without Finishing Account Setup My admin at work configured a new laptop with Windows created a user account on it for me and gave it to me so that I could get it setup with all my stuff over the weekend ready to go on Monday morning When I got it home this evening and went to sign on it says that I must be online in order to finish setting up my account But I can't get in to configure it to my home network without being signed in Of course the admin is completely unreachable until Monday and of course I have to have this thing ready to go Monday morning I have my username and password How can I Setup Can't Without Finish Online... Being Account get online so I can finish setting up my Can't Finish Account Setup Without Being Online... account and get rolling Hopefully my question makes sense If not please ask - I'd be Can't Finish Account Setup Without Being Online... glad to clarify Sincerely Hoping I'm Not Hosed PS FWIW the laptop is a new Toshiba Satellite S -S i with GB RAM etc Don't know Can't Finish Account Setup Without Being Online... that anything else spec-wise matters - it's just stock

A:Can't Finish Account Setup Without Being Online...

Hello Oinkaphone, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if you may be able to use OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to enable the local built-in elevated Administrator account at boot, then sign in to it to configure it for your home network.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

Afterwards, of course, finish setting up your user account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/19993-cant-finish-account-setup-without-being-online.html