Windows Support Forum

Router won't work properly

Q: Router won't work properly

So currently I have a modem in the living room Cisco EPC and then it goes all the way to my room to a Cisco WRTG V router Yesterday out of the blue it stopped working This is because I previously had routers in the network Asus and Cisco anyways I decided to disconnect my asus and use only the cisco but the router just won t work I reseted it to it s fabric settings But when I log into it it says the router s IP adress is And hands out IP adresses to my pc such as I have no idea what to do Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users MiKi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiKi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search Router work won't properly List sbb rs Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address - B- - Router won't work properly -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Router won't work properly IPv Address fe d d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June AM Lease Expires Wednesday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -D -EB- - B- - -B - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap sbb rs Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd e a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ebd bbaa ebd bbaa Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users MiKi gt This is my ipconfig with the modem and this is with my router Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users MiKi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiKi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address - B- - -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June AM Lease Expires Thursday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -D -EB- - B- - -B - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BE - - BA - E- B A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users MiKi gt nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Router won't work properly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Router won't work properly

Have you tried pressing the reset button on the router? (long press)
I have seen this 'reset button' on several router brands/models like tp-link (tl-wr941n, tl-wr740n old version, tl-wr740n newer version), buffalo draft-N routers, cdrking routers (made in china router brand sold in the Philippines).

if the reset process I described is the same as what you typed in your first post, try to manually change the router ip address.

my wimax modem ip address = 192.168.1.1
so for the tp-link wr-740 router, I use ip address - 192.168.0.1

login to your router and change it. if there's any save button, click it. my router prompts me to reboot the router. after a few seconds, the preferred ip address I have chosen is good for use.
(I have hidden my MAC address)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-wont-work-properly.203477/
Relevancy 64.93%

Cuz I Cant Connect To Some Ppl With My Router...i Have A Hard Time..

But Without The Router Its Fine..

I Contacted Linksys....but They Said I Needed To Find Out What Ports Need To Be Open..and To Open Them.

A:What Ports On My Router Need To Be Opened For Online Gaming To Work Properly?

read linksys manual on how to open the correct ports for the video game
the ports very from one vender to another

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-ports-on-my-router-need-to-be-opened-for-online-gaming-to-work-properly.82540/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have no idea what my sister and her friends were doing on the comp for a couple of days that i decided not to use it but now - a few programs take forever to load or don t load at all but they do show up under the processes tab in doesn't work, recov. down properly, can't not shut properly, starting etc.. Apps sys. the task manager - after pressing Ctrl Alt Del the task manager icon appears in the system tray but the thing only shows up a minute later - my system recovery is quot not able to protect my computer quot and restarting does nothing - actually when restarting or shutting down Windows it stops at where it only shows my desktop background and cursor which is still able to move and nothing else after that so i have to hold the power button and force it to shut off - when Apps not starting properly, sys. recov. doesn't work, can't shut down properly, etc.. I right click the desktop and click on quot Properties quot or something similar to this action it doesn t show up at all and whenever I try Apps not starting properly, sys. recov. doesn't work, can't shut down properly, etc.. to open any application after that they don t even load at all either Things i ve tried to get rid of these problems - Virus scan with avast a couple viruses found and fixed but nothing changed - disk clean up nothing changed - registry clean nothing changed - CURRENTLY defragging my C drive hope something changes Anyone know what the heck s going on Apps not starting properly, sys. recov. doesn't work, can't shut down properly, etc.. Anyone got any suggestions on what to do next Anything helps and would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Apps not starting properly, sys. recov. doesn't work, can't shut down properly, etc..

no replies yet?

anyway, just stopped by to say that when shutting down, it takes forever to get to the "Saving your settings..." screen, and that's where I decided that it stops and nothing else after that.
Defragged my C drive, still no results besides the computer feeling a bit smoother-running o_o

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apps-not-starting-properly-sys-recov-doesnt-work-cant-shut-down-properly-etc.772770/
Relevancy 52.46%

The title pretty much says it all. I'm honestly at the end of my rope. Device manager replies all is well, yet sound stopped working overnight.

It isn't muted,I'm not that oblivious.

I own Advanced System Care Pro ( and consequently, Driver Booster ) so I have already all of my drivers up to date, as well as any other problems I might have had.

Used a bunch of other scanners to figure out the problem to no avail. Plugging some headphones in also doesn't cut it, so it made me think that perhaps the hardware was actually fine and some software conflict was the cause of the problem. I have no freaking clue anymore, should I just get mad and yell at my computer for an hour or so to relieve stress now??

A:Laptop audio refuses to work, all devices work properly, sound isn't muted. Help?

First we need to know the EXACT make and model number of the laptop in question. Secondly the only place you should be looking for drivers for you laptop is the laptop manufacturers support website. Driver scanners really are not helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-audio-refuses-to-work-all-devices-work-properly-sound-isnt-muted-help.1118481/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello People Im in need of your expertise here are a few scans i ran I hope these can help you tell what my problems are ComboFix doesnt start slow Nero properly work doesnt properly is always comp - - - uuurbody - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running from E Documents and Settings uuurbody Desktop ComboFix exe - REDUCED FUNCTIONALITY MODE - Other Deletions I Autorun inf Files Created from - - to - - - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- E Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Nero - - - - --a------ E WINDOWS Irremote ini - comp is slow Nero doesnt work properly doesnt always start properly - - - lt DIR gt d-a------ E Documents and Settings All Users Application Data TEMP - - - - --a------ E WINDOWS system xvidcore dll - - - - --a------ E WINDOWS system xvidvfw dll - - - - --a------ E WINDOWS system xvid ax - - - - -----c--- E WINDOWS system dllcache ntoskrnl exe - - - - -----c--- E WINDOWS system dllcache ntkrnlmp exe - - - - -----c--- E comp is slow Nero doesnt work properly doesnt always start properly WINDOWS system dllcache ntkrnlpa exe - - - - -----c--- E WINDOWS system dllcache ntkrpamp exe Find M Report - - --------- d-----w E Documents and Settings uuurbody Application Data Free Download comp is slow Nero doesnt work properly doesnt always start properly Manager - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - --------- d-----w E Program Files Common Files Ahead - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system win k sys - - --------- d-----w E Documents and Settings All Users Application Data DVD Shrink - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers srv sys - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system wininet dll - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system ntoskrnl exe - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system ntkrnlpa exe - - --sh--r E WINDOWS system winprotect exe Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot quot E Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot - - quot ctfmon exe quot quot E WINDOWS system ctfmon exe quot - - quot Free Download Manager quot quot D Free Download Manager Free Download Manager fdm exe quot - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot cctray quot quot E Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite cctray cctray exe quot - - quot QOELOADER quot quot E Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe quot - - quot CAVRID quot quot E Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus CAVRID exe quot - - quot cafwc quot quot E Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall cafw exe quot - - quot capfasem quot quot E Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfasem exe quot - - quot capfupgrade quot quot E Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfupgrade exe quot - - quot SunJavaUpdateSched quot quot E Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot - - quot ISUSPM quot quot E Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot - - quot NeroFilterCheck quot quot E Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe quot - - quot AGRSMMSG quot quot AGRSMMSG exe quot - - E WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe quot NWEReboot quot quot quot BU quot Windows Protector quot quot winprotect exe quot - - E WINDOWS system winprotect exe HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunServices quot Windows Protector quot quot winprotect exe quot - - E WINDOWS system winprotect exe E Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Mozilla FirefoxMozilla Firefox Safe Mode lnk - D mozilla firefox e... Read more

A:comp is slow Nero doesnt work properly doesnt always start properly

ComboFix logs should not to be posted outside the HijackThis forums. It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.Please create a new topic explaining the nature of your problem in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum. Describe pop-ups and system tray or desktop icons that have appeared. Explain what is "going wrong" with your computer. Note any tools you have used and their respective results.If needed, we will direct you to our HJT Preparation Guide.Thank you for using BleepingComputer as your malware removal source.I will have a moderator close this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177729/comp-is-slow-nero-doesnt-work-properly-doesnt-always-start-properly/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am having nearly the same problem Properly Workin Router Not at both my work and home Though they are Router Not Workin Properly slightly different i think they can be handke in the smae way First at work We have our first router that controls nearly all of our computers and is workin properly We have a second Router Not Workin Properly router that we installed so that our workers wth laptop could have wireless internet and networking This was workin fine for a couple of weeks but not is on the frits The computer notice that the wireless internet is there but it cant utilize the system I cant renew or release the ip address and it doesnt display the whole network Any suggestions Next whats up at home I have a Linksys wireless router and cable modem for my computers at home I have had multiple problems with the system at home but those problems were easily resolved with a simple reset Now I have come across a bit of a big pickle Whenever i get goin on the internet or a file sharing the connection will go dead in about minutes I reset everything and yet again the connection goes dead after a few minutes What can I do do make all these little and big problems go away for good nbsp

A:Router Not Workin Properly

I also forgot to mention that I'm pretty sure that it is just the router with the problems because i have ran a direct line from the modem to my computer and have had no problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-not-workin-properly.250712/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought a secure? do router... properly how New I router and I want to make sure I have the appropriate security in place I m new to all this wireless home networking internet mumbo jumbo so please excuse my inexperience We just got a second computer for the house We went to an electronics store and told them we wanted to share the same cable modem internet connection They recommended a D-Link router and USB Wireless adapter I connected the router to New router... how do I properly secure? the computer with the wire connection Comp and connected the adapter to the computer which will receive the signal for the wireless connection Comp My concern is this as I understand it anyone with a USB adapter within ft of the router can pick up on the signal and share our network As I installed the necessary softwares it appears that there is at least one other wireless user in the area His her network is password protected Ours is not What is the best means to secure our network Thank you very much nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I got a new router and it has full bar connection, but it always have trouble connecting.
Right now I'm on a different person's connection because of it.
But I'd like to connect to my own connection.

A:New router and cannot connect properly

what exactly is going on

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/56283-new-router-cannot-connect-properly.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a problem with one of my networked PC s when trying to use it with my new router PC Windows Wired PC Windows Vista Wired Laptop Windows Vista Wireless Cable Modem Unknown brand from Comcast Old Router Linksys BEFSR New Router Wireless D-Link DIR- Jet Direct box for the printer The W K machine will not load pages properly when attached wired it has no wireless card to the new router Sometimes it gives the page not found error but usually it trys to load the page but can t load graphics to various degrees Sometime it can t get a few pictures and sometimes it s everything like page design graphics It works fine when attached directly to the on new W2K PC web load won't router properly pages Cable Modem It also works fine when the old router is between the PC and the cable modem Both of the other PC s work fine with the new router one wired and one wireless I have worked with the router tech support and they have had me lower the MTU setting on the router in increments of down from to No help I did look at the MTU settings on the old router and it is marked disabled There is no check box to disable MTU on the W2K PC won't properly load web pages on new router new router Right now I have both routers hooked up Cable Modem gt Old Router gt New Router with everything hooked up to the Old Router except the Laptop which is using the wireless on the New Router I guess this W2K PC won't properly load web pages on new router is OK except the Laptop can t see the printer Any advice nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

My modem Siemens SpeedStream and router Linksys WRT both function properly but my desktop computer HP-Pavillion Elite m c won't connect to the internet I never had a problem connecting up until a month ago but since then nothing I know the modem and router function properly because all the wireless devices in our house e g Modem/router internet function properly, but no laptops Wii xbox can still Modem/router function properly, but no internet connect and I can plug an ethernet Modem/router function properly, but no internet cable into the router and the laptop and it connects The device manager on the desktops says that the network adapter Intel DC- Gigabit and the wireless adaptor USB wireless b g are functioning properly I tried several things to try to resolve this such as disabling the Windows firewall but no luck At this point I think I need to work through this systematically and that's where I need your help Whatever information you need from me let me know and I'll provide it Below is a screen shot of my ipconfig all Thanks in advance Mike

A:Modem/router function properly, but no internet

According to your ipconfig the wireless connection should be online and should be working.

If you want the wireless to work instead you will need to unplug the Ethernet cable because Windows can't use two connections at once and will tend to choose the wired connection if both are being used.

You may also need to go into the routers setting and make sure the wireless settings have the correct security and encryption. You should also go into the wireless profile for this connection in Windows and make sure the settings match the ones being used in your router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/241893-modem-router-function-properly-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a cable modem for my computer I also have a wireless router for my brother s laptop Just yesterday the internet was going haywire It would work for seconds and then the icon of the computers on the bottom right of the task bar says Local Area Connection A network cable is unplugged It would continuously do that and i couldn t use the internet properly I called Optimum Online to ask what was going on They said it was a router problem They said that something triggered the firewall in my router and router is internet properly I and malfunctioning My access can't the that was causing the internet to go haywire Ive tried resetting the router ive tried turning everything off and i tried a full computer virus scan No viruses were found After restarting everything it still didnt work The only way i can get the internet to work is if i only use the modem The problem with that is that my brother cant get internet service on his laptop without the router Does anyone know what i can do to fix the router problem I dont know how to disable the firewall I have a D-Link router The model is Dl- Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My router is malfunctioning and I can't access the internet properly

uninstall the Firewall so that all you are using is the Windows Firewall. Check other security such as antispyware and antivirus stuff, particularly if free or cheap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-router-is-malfunctioning-and-i-cant-access-the-internet-properly.105618/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey! I was wondering if this RAm would fit in my PC:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KINGSTON-1GB-...-DIMM-CL4_W0QQitemZ290317372527QQcmdZViewItem
(Scoll down and click Specifications for all the information on the RAM)

Here is my computer:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00770214&cc=uk&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3264373

And the computer's motherboard:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00714578&dlc=en&lc=en&cc=us

Thanks for any replies!

Relevancy 46.87%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Anne at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA IE won't properly work C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C IE won't work properly Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService IE won't work properly C Windows System WLTRYSVC EXE C Windows System bcmwltry exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system dlcicoms exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client ssonsvr exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Dell AIO Printer DLCImon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C ProgramData Macrovision FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil h ActiveX exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Anne Desktop downloads dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO NCO IE BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c progra common symant ids IPSBHO dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Search Toolbar d -d - -bab -ab a - c program files search toolbar SearchToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Show Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser CoIEPlg dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB Search Toolbar d -d - -bab -a... Read more

A:IE won't work properly

Hi all,
I am not sure how to post everything correctly, yes I read the instructions, but take a look at my screen name :-)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/ie-wont-work-properly-526623.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My CD/DVD rom shows up in my device manager & states it is working properly.
Any disc that I put into the drive is not recognized. It pulls up zero info from the disc as if it can not read it. If I simply select play (even though no info is showing) I get the windows notice to add media to that drive.I thought the drive had died and I was ready to install a new one. BUT..
I ran the installed PC-Doctor program that is a HP diagnostic program and during that test, the drive played just fine. There are multiple test for the DVD/CD rom and it passed every test in the PC-Doctor program.
But after the test, I again placed different CD's , DVD's into it, and nothing.

Relevancy 46.87%

OS=WinXP Pro, 64-bit, installed on drive partition "D:\".

Have tried " sfc /scannow", following instructions online as follows:
1) copied folder I386 to "D:\"
2) Regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup>ServicePackSourcePath, where I changed location to "D:\".
3) Restarted computer, re-tried "sfc /scannow", after which still got "...need XP CD for more..."This was supposed to prevent the latter request for the CD, which didn't work for me anyway.
Will any of this work, specifically in XP 64-bit?
I need to check my system for errors: can you help to get sfc working for me?
Thanks in advance.
Art Miller

A:SFC won't work properly

Did you also change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup - SourcePath to D:\?
And does the CD have the same service pack as is installed on the PC?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sfc-wont-work-properly-378075.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a laptop hp 15 ac 042 tu before one years ago. down keys is not work correctly, some times it press atomaticaly.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/down-key-is-not-work-properly/td-p/5849474
Relevancy 46.87%

My quot gamer quot -PC has lost its connection to the rest of my LAN WDlive laptop The laptop can not quot see quot my quot properly My work LAN don't gamer quot -PC more And yet Do I open a cmd in my quot gamer My LAN don't work properly quot -PC and writes PING PHOTO PC called my laptop then the corresponding fine but in the Windows network can not be seen and I can not connect or network drive to it My LAN don't work properly Oddly enough I have always had a network drive on quot gamer quot looking for PHOTO-PC and this old connection still works fine even though I reboot both computers As I see it so can the PCs well find each other in a CMD but not in Windows Explorer or Total Commander Both PCs My LAN don't work properly are members of the same workgroup I have been through all the settings in quot Network and Sharing Center quot and they are identical there are not corrected in them since that time it worked Is there perhaps a service not running Or a policy that has been changed The laptop and WDlive can see each other and the laptop can easily see the wife's PC when she is on it can quot gamer quot -PC'en no longer If I create entries in reg databasen it connects the network drive just fine after a reboot See picture for examples of drive Y and Z Both networking places are available as network drives and in a CMD prompt with quot PING PHOTO-PC quot for example It is only in Windows Explorer that it can not find the names and or network sites Therefore I believe that it is a service or a policy that has gone wrong As seen in the picture then there is only one PC in the Network but my network drive is connected to two other quot servers quot using the homemade key displayed in regedit Where am I looking for this annoying error Sorry for the language English is not my first language

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59329-my-lan-dont-work-properly.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Okay, i got dev c++ and i was following the tutorial and when i tried doing the hello world program it wouldn't start properly. heres my code

#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
printf("Hello World\n");
reurn 0;
}
please note that i did compile and link it...

Relevancy 46.87%

After installing windows 7 cpu fan won't run higher then 3125 rpm. So for the desktop applications it's ok but when i enter the game cpu temp. goes to 60 - 70 celsius. Before win 7 i had xp and it worked just fine.

So if anyone have any solution, please help.

Tnx!

A:CPU fan won't work properly

Turn off AMD cool and quiet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/50423-cpu-fan-wont-work-properly.html
Relevancy 46.87%

i just had a very weird issue... i cannot connect the westell versalink to a wireless broadband router.. i did the basics (bridge, disable DHCP) but the westell is not giving IP address to the PC.. it did work when we just disable the wireless of the westell and connect the linksys, but thats not the standard way (very unstable).. how can i solve this without replacing the westell versalink with a modem?? help anyone?? please??

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello posting here in the hopes that I can finally get this problem that has been going on for months fixed We have computers in the updating Windows Can't connect after 7 router to wireless to properly home one in the living room and one in my bedroom Both of these up until recently ran on windows XP and the decision was made to upgrade to which I'm starting to regret as I've had nothing but problems since doing so But could be just me being an idiot and missing Can't connect to wireless router properly after updating to Windows 7 something completely obvious Anyway since the upgrade I've had problems connecting to my wireless router via the PC in my bedroom Every few days I have to rest my router to get it to connect I keep getting the error 'Wireless Network Connection does not have a valid IP configuration' and today I get told that there is a problem with my wireless adapter or access point It Can't connect to wireless router properly after updating to Windows 7 will connect sometimes and keeps the connection for a dew days before coming up with the same error I never had a problem connecting before the upgrade and anything else I try to connect to the router works completely fine The PC in the living room will not connect at all wirelessly but will via an Ethernet cable on windows Seeing as this PCs hard drive is split it also runs XP and will Can't connect to wireless router properly after updating to Windows 7 connect perfectly fine via the wireless when running XP Not too concerned about this PC right now as we can get a steady connection Via the cable But the PC in my bedroom is driving me mad Router N wirless ADSL Modem Router - Model DGN Wireless Adapter TP-LINK WN ND OS bit Not sure what other info you will need to be able to help but I'd be happy to add any extra information needed Though I'm not very computer literate which is why I'm inclined to believe it's me being a bit a bit of a div and not able to work it out for myself I have searched for solutions to my problem but everything I've tried so far does not work and I've tried quite a few different methods

A:Can't connect to wireless router properly after updating to Windows 7

Have you tried to update the firmware on this router? I only see two different firmware's showing up for this router but the latest one should work with Windows 7. The 1.0.0.36 is the latest version.

You should also set the router up to use WPA-2 security with AES encryption with Windows 7 drivers.

DGN2200v1

If the latest firmware doesn't improve the situation please post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from the machine having the problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/300529-cant-connect-wireless-router-properly-after-updating-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi im new to this so here i go...

I recently bought Farcry (the first one) for my vista laptop, it says on the box that its vista compatible.
But whenever i boot it up i get a black screen for 5 mins until it eventually works, then every time it loads (at beginning of level or when i die) i have to wait 3 mins for it to start to load and then 2 mins after its loaded.
This is very irritating, boring etc and is spoiling the game for me. I am very sure i have the lastest drivers and i definetly have the 1.4 patch for Farcry... i really dont know what to do.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System info:
Windows Vista 32 bit
Model: HP Pavillion dv9700 Notebook PC
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00 GHz
RAM: 2GB

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I've made a bit of a mess of my computer and now don't know what to do It won't start up properly at all now It's a Packard Bell about years old operating on Vista Basic Basically I downloaded a film that I think was dodgy and now it's caused me all sorts of problems and I'm worried I may have lost everything on my hard drive After I realised the film was no good I deleted it and thought I better run a quick virus scan just in case I use AVG for this I started the scan and walked away but a minute or two to my computer Can't work - Help! properly get later I heard the pc 'pip' as if it was turning itself back on Then I got the black Can't get my computer to work properly - Help! and white screen and just two options 'Start Windows Normally' and 'Start Windows Recovery' I tried to start normally but after the splash screen the screen just stays black and nothing happens Then I turned off on and tried the 'Windows Recovery' option From the menu within this option I took the ioption to go back to a restore point which involved several scans to fix any problems first which lasted about mins The scans said that they could find nothing wrong with the system but it still wouldn't start from the last restore point I also tried other options in this menu such as letting the Windows recover try to fix files etc but still no good When I start the computer I still just get the two options both of which seem a bit futile now Is it worth trying to start the system in Safe Mode even though at the moment it's not giving me this option on startup and doing anything from there if I can I'm definitely no PC expert but I don't really no what to try next Have I lost everything on my PC

A:Can't get my computer to work properly - Help!

You'll have to see if the data still exists on the drive before doing anything else.
There's several ways to do this, the easiest way is to access it by the Command Prompt option in the Startup Repair menu (which I think that you're getting to).

If the data is still intact, you'll have to take measures to recover the data before proceeding. Let us know if the data is there and we'll work from that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-get-my-computer-to-work-properly-help-395451.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently installed a new 60GB SSD to handle gaming better, and I kept my old HDD for storage. To handle transferring my OS to it I used a program called "Migrate OS to SSD". When I did the transfer I only moved my Windows directory, and now when I start up I get an error message saying my user account was not loaded properly. I also cannot get any of my internet browsers to connect to the internet either. The only reason I added this SSD was for gaming. I am to the point where I am thinking it might be easier just to wipe both hard drives and re-install windows onto the SSD. Also, some of the programs that were left on the old HD are not working now, but I don't know if it is because I do not have admin rights or not because my profile won't load. Thanks for any help.

A:Trying to get OS migration to work properly

Hi,

Is the SSD too small for a complete clone of the system?

If not, clone the old drive onto the SSD, when that is up & running, wipe the old drive & use it for storage.

Else you need to start again with the system & use extra space & install your programs to a storage drive (Old one or another). OK?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/295451-trying-get-os-migration-work-properly.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am a hold off and planned to keep Windows to EOL in I recently did a Windows to upgrade for a friend and was so delighted with it that I now updated my own system to Windows Very smooth install update a few drivers and some programs but working very well Except for Mail What kind of joke is this Windows Mail It has to be the prettiest mail client I ever used and the most does Win work it properly? any 10 Mail, of inept and useless one at that I install my AT amp T email accounts and they configure nicely but some never sync I send myself some test mails they never arrive but do arrive on my Android phone There is no contact list but typing a few bits into the To line offers contact suggestions This AT amp T account I use most for friends and when I get say emails and read them they are gone I must have hundreds or thousands of old emails yet NONE show on Win email Nothing to Win 10 Mail, does any of it work properly? see I used my Live server settings for win mail did not work says outdated settings One hour later quot Not synced yet quot Blue dots moving no significant data downloading No way to use with One Drive so I imagine sending full size high res images will be a thing of the past The gmail account synced well I have mail going back to in that folder My GoDaddy domain name email is working and showing past mail I will send a test mail from AT amp T account to yahoo account to see if I can even send Win 10 Mail, does any of it work properly? mail Syncing up to date message present Yahoo inbox somewhat full but I never used it until this year for things like web stuff that is not personal I have AT amp T accounts One is the Master account never used for email One for web junk mail and one for personal email Personal one never syncs it does send mail but is otherwise useless with a totally empty inbox Yahoo has email going back as far as in the inbox I removed the obstinate AT amp T account reinstalled it and same thing Finally quot up to date quot with a quot We didn't find anything here quot message and not one single previous email in my box at all I get nagscreens several times a day that I do not have a default email client or the one I have cannot handle the requested protocol use Outlook instead Live is default and Outlook is even worse to setup than Win mail is What kind of sick joke is this Is there anyway in hell to make Windows email get it to work as it should and actually believe what it is telling me Or have your guys switched over to quot something good quot I am trying to continue to use Win webmail but if this situation does not improve this new email has to GO What are you guys using for email on Windows Is anyone happy with Win mail at all and what does it do for you Can someone give me a workng AT amp T email setup for win mail I think if I had that might have the patience to wait for bigger and better things like large file support backed by an MS drive and of course a bloody contact book of all things Help me with this please

A:Win 10 Mail, does any of it work properly?

Thunderbird. I went independent of MS after they swapped from Outlook Express to Win Mail then took that away (some of that is STILL there in Win 10!). MS wanted to play 'now you see it, now you don't' with email clients, and I just didn't want to play any more.

Too tiresome working out how to move their randomly distributed email client data around.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/58837-win-10-mail-does-any-work-properly.html
Relevancy 46.44%

For some reason on my two computers that run windows 10, I am not able to connect to ANY VPN server that is not hosted in the US, I am dumbfounded as pretty much I am the ONLY one with this problem and have no idea where to go for help. Mind you, on my phone all VPN'S work regardless of location. Also, I switch networks every week back and forth with the same problem on both networks, so I do not think it is a network issue? Anyways please help me in my struggles.

VPN used: VPN gate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-will-vpns-not-work-on-my-computers-properly.1164318/
Relevancy 46.44%

For some reason my LAN is not working for gaming I CAN connect to LAN Question: to work can get How my I properly? the internet to play games online like through Battle net and Westwood Online for Warcraft and Renegade Question: How can I get my LAN to work properly? but I cannot seem to play on Local Area Network with any of my games except for Half-Life Counter-Strike NOT the steam version I can also access the shared documents folders on my other computers Question: How can I get my LAN to work properly? but the games will just not work unless it s Counter-Strike I have just recently manually uninstalled Windows OneCare Live after a virus removal in accordance with the instructions from http www askdavetaylor com how do i remove windows onecare html except for folders inside called quot C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live ClientSD quot and quot C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Database quot Inside the Database folder are six files but I cannot access the Client SD folder When I try to remove them I get a message that says I cannot remove them due to write protection or current usage I m pretty sure that Windows Live OneCare is the issue in not being able to play on LAN since I could play games on LAN up until Windows OneCare Live s installation but I am not getting any quot This program is being blocked quot notifications from OneCare or Windows firewall OS Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack I also have both IPX and TCP IP protocols installed on my machine if that even matters Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Question: How can I get my LAN to work properly?

After I searched around for a while, I came across this website called Major Geeks, and it provided me a tool that automatically removed the unremovable remnants of OneCare. Here is the URL to download the auto-uninstall tool:

Major Geeks OneCare removal utility

Special thanks to these guys that I searched for. Now my LAN games are running just like they were before I had OneCare.

NOTE: Be sure to unplug/disconnect yourself from the internet whilst you run the application, as Windows Firewall is temporarily deactivated, and you are prompted to restart the computer when the removal is finished.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-how-can-i-get-my-lan-to-work-properly.701642/
Relevancy 46.44%

i am using a pair of tsunmi speakers, i can hear sound when i dial up, but got no sound on anything else anyone got any suggestions please

A:my sound does not work properly

Hello, and welcome to techspot!

We need to know a bit more about your computer. Please fill in as much info as you know in your "profile".

A couple of questions:

1. How long have you had the computer?
2. Did it EVER have sound?

The problem is likely one of two things.

1. You have the volume on mute in your sound settings
2. You don't have the drivers installed.

Do you know how to check to see if it is problem #1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sound-does-not-work-properly.31469/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all :) About 3 months ago I downloaded a RC to try W7 out and I had a problem with MSN, which froze for about 2 seconds whenever I tried to open up a conversation with someone.. I just went back to Vista thinking that this would be fixed in the final version of W7.

But I bought it last week.. installed everything and now I'm having the same problem again. It's just annoying and stupid because I dont get how MSN works slow on a high end PC. Anyway, I had Eset Smart Security installed, I unistalled it and went back to my old version of Nod32 Antivirus, and this seemed to fix the problem somehow for most of the day. Late at night it happened again. I have to close MSN and re open it to fix it for a while it seems..

I'm running a 64 bit OS by the way. Any help is appreciated :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/msn-wont-work-properly-on-w7-426759.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone,

I am facing some small problem with my built-in web cam. I am using Acer Aspire 5520. My web cam have function of video conference and take pictures manualy by clicking in webcam application. However I just found out recently it didn't work as it should, the application to take manual pics just couldnt load up the web cam, it showed black screen.While in the other hand if I am using it for video conference, it works perfectly.

Any idea how to fix this problem up? I've updated my webcam driver but still no help at all, thank you guys

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-cam-didnt-work-properly.771824/
Relevancy 46.44%

This is an ATAPI iHAP122W and my PC is a Dimension 3100C and Windows XP.
I have put a new DVD driver.
My PC is in the floor vertical and when I want to put in or out a disc, the drive moves the fast for me to put it in or take out.
If put the PC horizontal, it works OK.
Johngibb
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2038 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 53968 MB, Free - 14543 MB; D: Total - 19045 MB, Free - 18980 MB; F: Total - 238475 MB, Free - 200110 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc. , 0DD332, , ..CN7082166D005I.
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 46.44%

Well I only noticed this now, when I tried burning the Windows 10 ISO on a DVD. The setup doesn't work, it returns an error. I also tried using Alcohol 120% to burn the image but it also fails with an error. I had a rewritable DVD lying around so I put it on my laptop, tried erasing it but that also fails.

Basically the only thing I can do with the laptops DVD-Rom/burner is reading CDs/DVDs and nothing else. This didn't happen before? I'm really bummed, as I don't know what could be causing this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/33437-my-dvd-rom-doesnt-work-properly.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i may have deleted some windows programmes and downloaded a virus as i cant get my taskbar to work DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by User at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost get work properly taskbar cant to exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe cant get taskbar to work properly C WINDOWS system lxducoms exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS vsnp uvc exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files T-Mobile web'n'walk Manager web'n'walk Manager exe C Program Files Google Quick Search Box qsb exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE c program files aol aol toolbar AolTbServer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files T-Mobile web'n'walk Manager WTGU exe C Documents and Settings User Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE GTPTE T dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp uk yahoo com uSearch Page hxxp uk rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http uk search yahoo com mDefault Search URL hxxp uk rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http uk search yahoo com mSearch Page hxxp uk rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http uk search yahoo com uSearchURL Default hxxp uk rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http uk search yahoo com uURLSearchHooks AOLTBSearch Class ea - - db- f -d ca fb c d - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dll mURLSearchHooks AOLTBSearch Class ea - - db- f -d ca fb c d - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dll BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO NoExplorer - No File BHO Lexmark Toolbar a c- f - -a d-edd ac f - c program files lexmark toolbar toolband dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - Search Helper BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher c - cb - a -b f - ea c f - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dll BHO d - c - abf- ecc- c - Windows Live Sign-in Helper BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B FE C D dll BHO Lexmark Printable Web d c e -be d- cc- f -e f - c program files lexmark printable web bho dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - Windows Live Toolbar Helper BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Lexmark Toolbar a c- f - -a d-edd ac f - c program files lexmark toolbar toolband dll TB AOL Toolbar de c f- - a - b-aa ed d - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - TB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun Advanced SystemCare quot c program files iobit advanced systemcare AWC exe quot startup uRun Messenger Yahoo quot c program files yahoo messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet... Read more

A:cant get taskbar to work properly

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/206342/cant-get-taskbar-to-work-properly/
Relevancy 46.44%

i am running asus k40ij laptop wth operating system win 7.but cananot use the webcame properly though life frame2 camera is installed from the driver cd.when i turn on the webcam it shows me horrizonally. my head shows bellow.

A:webcam does not work properly

I think this is a problem with your computer itself. Contact ASUS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/125002-webcam-does-not-work-properly.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My friend has a sony vaio desktop pc which he bought like 2 years ago. The problem is the DVDRW.

It reads original Audio/Video CDs, ORIGINAL DVDs, CD-Rs. But it won't read DVD-Rs. I thought the problem could be the laser beam. Since its 2 years old and used really efficiently, laser beam might be losing its strength?

What other problems could it be? We've formatted hdd and installed windows xp again but it didn't help.

Since its under warranty, should he take it to sony? will they change dvdrw just because its not reading DVD-Rs? Should he try to break it down completely somehow before he takes it to sony?

Any suggestions, ideas, opinions are welcome!

Thanx,

A:DVDRW Don't Work Properly

Did it read DVD-r's before? what DVD-R's have your tried? ( brand) also what DVD burning software is installed on the machine?

taking the burner apart will void the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvdrw-dont-work-properly.41422/
Relevancy 46.44%

Dear readers Just bod an Acer with Windows Home Premium After running the Windows install with all available updates downloaded it looked perfect But then I found out that something was NOK Problem description As example I start up Skype it runs ok Now I want to work TASKBAR properly doe not quit the program not using the X but terminate it I click on TASKBAR doe not work properly my Windows task bar and select Skype Then I click my right mouse button and again a pop up menu appears still ok with several options for this program amongs them the desired option Quit I select quit Now the problem occurs When I click on the choosen option a system file opens That s it its applicable for all options and the command opens always the same file Computer Acer C windows system This happens for all programs in the Start menu Nothing else happens the system runs normal but the desired operation is not been performed I can quit the window with the sysyem file appearing All looks fine but of course the program is still running When I now really want to stop a program I need to go to taskmanager by pressing CRL ALT DEL to abort it Whats wrong with my Windows Started an SFC scan no problems detected HELP please thx

A:TASKBAR doe not work properly

Can you post a screenshot of this?

zzz2496

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/121229-taskbar-doe-not-work-properly.html
Relevancy 46.44%

HI: i have an old laptop using versus. It has a problem turning on the WI-FI. iT WORKS IN SAFE MODE ONLY. iT IS A SONY. It will not connect.

A:Solved: wi-Fi does not work properly

old laptop using versusClick to expand...

not sure - what is versus

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wi-fi-does-not-work-properly.1091021/
Relevancy 46.44%

July System AMD Athlon XP GHz - Barton ASUS A N X-E Deluxe Motherboard - MHz FSB - nForce chipset - Dual DDR Corsair TwinX - C PT RAM x PNY GeForce FX AGP MB DDR Creative SoundBlaster Audigy ZS GB Maxtor SATA drives Raid Mitsumi floppy drive Sony DWU A DVD - RW X Microsoft Keyboard and IR Mouse Antec AMG w watt true pwr supply Windows XP Professional w SP Patches ASUS BIOS Current nVidia nVidia GForce driver WHQL nVidia graphics driver MS DirectX b Problem Originally won't work Videocard properly I had an ATI Radeon AIW Pro graphics card installed Windows Desktop viewing and television viewing worked Videocard won't work properly fine however when running MS Flight Simulator or Rainbow Six games the system would crash Either a bluescreen or just exiting back to the desktop Sometimes it would note there was a serious error and it wanted to send a report to Microsoft PC is not connected yet so I ve never sent a report Replaced the ATI graphics card with a PNY GeForce FX and completely rebuilt the OS Again Windows Desktop viewing was okay however MS Flightsim and Comanche games would run for about a minute and then crash giving either a bluescreen or error report Troubleshooting I have removed the SoundBlaster card using instead the onboard audio and then rebuilt everything - still have same problems Also I ve tried either RAM stick by itself to no avail A local PC shop performed diagnosis and concluded that both sticks of RAM were bad or incompatible and that the system worked okay with one of their MB RAM sticks and their GeForce graphics board Though with their RAM and their FX card the system still would not work They suggest new RAM is needed and that either the MB is incompatible with the FX card or MS FS is not compatible with the FX not likely Conclusion The prospect of dumbing-down the graphics card is not an option since this machines primary purpose is to run MS FS A high-performance graphics card is what is needed for this type of simming Also I was under the impression that all of these components are fairly high-end high-quality so running a lower-end graphics solution is something of a waste I suppose the Corsair RAM could be too tweaked if so the RAM can be replaced easily enough Why does the system crash in D games The Antec watts truePower should be enough Could this be BIOS settings I m out of ideas Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey for a new build i recently purchased an evga GX i have yet to get it to work properly My system is Asus A N SLI deluxe mobo AMD Athlon X gigs DDR ram watt PS DVD burner amp gb harddrives over gb free Evga GX As far as i have been able to determine this should be able to work the problem i can install the drivers and boot up my computer the computer seems to be completly operational until i try to start up a game When i try to start a game the computer freezes on a to get 7950 gx2 my work Cannot properly blank screen the game i have tried that freeze are Half life and other source based games Cannot get my 7950 gx2 to work properly Everquest and dmark all seem to freeze as soon as they try to load anything d the menus will load but it freezes when i try to start the game for some reason i can get Oblivion to run when i turn the Nvidia quot multi-gpu configuration quot from quot multi-gpu mode quot to quot multi-display quot mode i can run all of these programs without a single problem i have updated my n-force chipset to the version and Cannot get my 7950 gx2 to work properly updated the bios on my board to the ASUS bios version with these settings nvidia s website says that my motherboard should be compatible with the card i have also tried this list of Drivers as well as the evga driver that came with the card all have the same effect Is there a setting that i have missed Could the card be bad Has anyone else had a similar problem i would be very greatful for any help thanks nbsp

A:Cannot get my 7950 gx2 to work properly

Try reposting this in "Audio and Video", and you'll get more replies.

No need - I moved it.
SNGX1275

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-get-my-7950-gx2-to-work-properly.58139/
Relevancy 46.44%

Cpu : AMD FX-6300 Box
gpu : Gigabyte GeForce GTX960 4GB WindForce 2X OC
MotherBoard : Ga-970a-ds3p
pcu: Corsair VS Series VS550 80Plus
Hard Drive : Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal
Ram : HyperX Fury White 8GB DDR3-1333MHz
Case : BitFenix / BitFenix Nova window

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/can-pc-work-properly-i-am-new-pc-building-4604355/
Relevancy 46.44%

hiii have installed all drivers properly in my notebook from the hp site.But the 3.5 audio jack supposed to make trouble as though the port connect to the  headfone or audio system,the laptop speakers also sounds up.....pl provide me a sloution 

A:3.5 jack does not work properly

Hi @iarijit, Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More I grasp that you have updated all the drivers in your notebook, but when you connect a headset/ headphones you hear sound from the laptop speakers also. Have you run the HP Support Assistant to aid with any HP updates? Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with External Speakers and Headsets in Windows 7 that should help to alleviate this issue. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the ?Thumbs Up? below is a great way to say thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/3-5-jack-does-not-work-properly/td-p/5737179
Relevancy 46.44%

VLC is fine, but why does Windows Media Player have problems? It always closes and says it encountered a problem playing the file. It only seems that .mkv files is the issue. Avi files etc, seem perfectly fine. Anyone else have same problems or a way of resolving the issue? Not that it's major, but still annoying!

A:.MKV files don't work properly with WMP?

VLC has buitin codec to play MKV. Wmp doesn't. To play MKV file with WMP, you'd need to install some third party Codecs such as:
Shark007: Windows 10 codecs - Windows 8.1 codecs - Windows 7 codecs or
Download K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 12.2.5

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/56886-mkv-files-dont-work-properly-wmp.html
Relevancy 46.44%

For a couple of days I cannot open messages anymore, either send messages.
Opening the messages: The "hand" comes out but the opening does not take place.
Sending messages: I can open the NEW tag but noway to put an address.

However emails continue to arrive as usual but of course they are piling up as I cannot,
open them.
Anyone can help fix that ?
Thanks a lot.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/29065-outlook-does-not-work-properly.html
Relevancy 46.44%

After Microsoft automatically changed my Hotmail to Outlook, I started to have problems. When I click "Contact Us" on a commercial website, it states "Sorry, there seems to be a problem with Hotmail right now". I've tried numerous corrective solutions (including switching back to Hotmail), but nothing works. When someone sends me a pic and then I forward it to another party, the pic shows up blank on the recipient's email. I'm using Internet Explorer 8. HELP??

A:Hotmail will not work properly

Clear IE 8's Browser Cache: How to Clear Your Browser's Cache (with screenshots) - wikiHow

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hotmail-will-not-work-properly-675437.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My problem is very similar to the problem in this post http forums techguy org networking -host-names-netgear-router html I have had a heck of a time getting this server up and running and it looks VPN showing 318v3 SBS not router Netgear 2011 Server properly on up like I finally have it except for one thing Everything works except for the vpn I do not have the vpn portion on the router configured since the SBS server will be acting as the vpn host but maybe I need to configure the vpn elements on this router for it to allow vpn connections in The other thing that is quot off quot as SBS 2011 Server not showing up properly on Netgear VPN 318v3 router the title of SBS 2011 Server not showing up properly on Netgear VPN 318v3 router this post indicates is that the SBS 2011 Server not showing up properly on Netgear VPN 318v3 router server is not showing up on the router s attached devices under the correct name It s showing as some generic WIN- name I am doing this project for a non-profit without compensation and the networking part of it has been a nightmare So I m really hoping that someone has a solution that doesn t entail me reconfiguring the server Everything else appears to be functioning properly dhcp dns ingoing outgoing mail and the web interface Any thoughts would be appreciated Thanks Mary nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I have no idea what happened, when I try to connect the modem directly to the PC, it give me "No Connectivity". But when I connect the modem through the router, it work!

ipconfig/all

Modem connect directly pic
Modem through router pic

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there For a lot of people the ability to mount ISO's natively on a REAL not a Virtual Machine was a great addition to the basic functionality of Windows This worked really well on the in in useful doesn't properly One CP of work W8 the most features preview edition of W the one with the sideways fish at longon but doesn't work properly on a few computers I've seen This is also AFTER a brand new install -- so it's nothing to do with any user installed drivers components It also only happens on machines that have an INTERNAL DVD drive too -- it doesn't happen on my Netbook for example which doesn't have a DVD drive - even when an external USB one is attached You get the message quot One of the most useful features in W8 doesn't work properly in CP XXXX couldn't be mounted quot or quot Error in mounting XXX quot -- can't remember the actual error as I'm typing this on an Android smart phone -- having a delicious Breakfast in a nice old fashioned quot Greasy Spoon quot place --before it gets replaced by those odious trendy quot Trattoria quot or whatever The Iso does actually get mounted by windows explorer on to a quot Virtual DVD device quot correctly and can be quot ejected quot when you've finished with it but the error message that appears every time is very annoying even if it can be safely ignored I REALLY LIKE this feature - also great when you'v extracted say two or DVD ISO's to a usb stick --then mounting the DVD ISO's and playing the movies Cheers jimbo

A:One of the most useful features in W8 doesn't work properly in CP

You should post this in one of the Window 8 forums: Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/236537-one-most-useful-features-w8-doesnt-work-properly-cp.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello.
I shared my printer on network and add it on other computer but when clients sending print, My printer can't working and I must stop and start printer service.
I used "SFC /scannow" and everything is OK.
How can I solve it?

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/675341fe-8253-436a-ab54-4c013b655c45/printer-service-cant-work-properly?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello all. I am new here and forgive me for asking for help right away but I am in need of it.
I have two monitors hooked up to my Sony Vaio with a Radeon 9200. Both monitors work but when I go to Display>Settings, I don't get that screen that shows the two monitors. I used the the microsoft site ad nauseum and it tells me about how it is supposed to work with Dual View but it doen'st work.
I downloaded an updated driver from AMD, looked for a Dual View update, didn't find any and looked all all over the place till I found this site.
If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I am going to reinstall windows XP, have new ram to put in and want to use both monitors for PHotoshp work.
thanks for your time
Frank in NJ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitors-wont-work-properly.867350/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

recently i had tested out Litestep on windows 7 to see if it works properly.. it had loaded up and started the default theme, I then downloaded a skin and tried to apply it via the theme manager ... it had imported the theme however as it was to apply the theme it had crashed.. I reloaded Litestep in admin mode to see if that was the problem and again it didnt work.. any ideas? anyone running Litestep under Windows 7? if so what version of Litestep?

Thanks.

A:Does Litestep work properly with Windows 7?

did you try google?

a 20 second query brought me to the changelog for their latest 0.25.0 "Alpha" build, which showed improved support for windows 7.

it's an alt shell, i can't imagine it working perfectly right away, but i also imagine the developers are working on it...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/16881-does-litestep-work-properly-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there

When logging on to a service that needs extra logon Information such as supplying password etc IE9 fails.

I'm currently in France and have to use the ORANGE France wifi service.

IE8 gives me an orange logon screen -- works fine

IE9 doesn't present the option -- I just get IE cannot connect etc.

Enc screenshot for IE8

cheers
jimbo

A:IE9 from server doesn't work properly

Did you turn off activex filtering for the website by clicking the littke bloe "no" icon?

How about trying opening it in compatibility mode (click the little "broken tag" icon to the right of the address bar.

A lot of sites are broken by default with IE9's standard setings... One of those two options almost always work for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/156644-ie9-server-doesnt-work-properly.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When i log into my windows xp pro a message pops up saying that windows has recovered from a serious error so i click close because there is nothing else i can do with that window...but it keeps popping up when i close it and within atleast 5-10mins it will log me off and shut down.

It doesn't completely shut down though it goes to some blue screen saying Windows has shut down to keep your computer from being harmed or from losing memory something like that i cant really remember. On the bottom of that message theres is 2 paragraphs. Can anyone help me with this problem ?

A:Windows Wont Work Properly

Try disabling the automatically restart on system failure feature. Then you are able to read what messages appear on the blue screen and post that back here for some one to lol at.
Click Start Button

On the Start Menu click Control Panel

When the Control Panel window opens click on the System icon

The system properties window opens

Click the Advanced tab

In the Advanced tab window locate the Start and Recovery section and press the Settings button

When the settings window opens look for the System failure section

Remove the check mark from the Automatically Restart option

Click OK to Exit

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79717/windows-wont-work-properly/
Relevancy 46.01%

first thanks in advance to anyone who helps me with this problem. I'm jose.
A couple of weeks ago my keyboard on my laptop stop working properly. When i hit the tab button, it won't work. If i hit the shift button on the left side of my keyboard it won't work. I have to click on the shift button on my right side of my keyboard to use the secondary symbols like @#$%^&^&. My backspace button don't work properly and i have to hit it like 0 times so it can delete one letter. So its very frustrating trying to do anything. Please advice as to what I have to do or what virus i have. Thanks once again;-)

A:Laptop keyboard don't work properly...

Have you tried using a USB keyboard first?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/421520/laptop-keyboard-dont-work-properly/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone restart work to Need properly for it computer to I've just built a computer with an Asrock DE US motherboard an AMD FX processor and an MSI Radeon HD I have an Need to restart computer for it to work properly Antec HCG w power supply in it I've installed Windows Home Ultimate SP on it I am having a very weird problem When I start the computer up from a cold start everything boots up fine but transparencies Need to restart computer for it to work properly don't work and D games run like crap with stuttering and terrible framerate Some other things like opening Explorer and especially Control Panel seem to take a bit longer too My son tells me that Youtube videos also stutter in this quot mode quot This problem completely goes away with a restart Transparencies are back and everything runs like smooth butter Very occasionally the computer will start up from cold boot with transparencies but they will disappear after a short while typically less than mins Some extra info that may help is that Guild Wars runs OK either way I suspect this may to do with GW using it's own API but I can't be sure So far I have tried - rolling back to an older graphics driver currently on tried - changing from Comodo Firewall to Personal Firewall - changing from MSE to BitDefender - running SFC no problems found - a repair install - complete wipe and reinstall twice I have also tried messing with power settings in both the bios and in windows to make sure the video card has power all the time The motherboard is on the latest bios version I have a Logitech gaming keyboard and mouse and am using the latest version of Logitech Gaming Software I don't really think it is responsible but my last try will be to roll this back to an earlier version too I have also tried Troubleshooting issues with transparency and everything that goes along with that but to be honest I don't the transparency is causing the issue it's just a symptom and one we are currently using to be able to tell if the computer is in the right quot mode quot or not Currently I am resigned to just rebooting the computer everytime I want to use it Please Help

A:Need to restart computer for it to work properly

Do you see any popup quoting, Running process isn't compatible with visual effects.
Pull out graphic card and reinsert it. (May sound crazy, but give it a go. )

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344834-need-restart-computer-work-properly.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
I recently got a dell inspiron laptop for work with windows 7. Was wondering how do i make the " key display the quotation mark with out having to push it twice which results in two of them coming up like this "". So in a nutshell problem is when i hold shift and push the quotation key once nothing displays, push it again and two show up where cursor was. I want it to output just ONE for me! Is there a way to change this setting? I would like it to work properly because use the key a fair amount for writing numbers with "" key behind it to represent inches. Much handier then writing it out when i need to save space. Please help me.

Sorry for the long post

A:How do i make the " key work properly?

Welcome to Seven Forums MazterZz.

You might see if the " key can be safely removed and check for dirt under it. Alternatively you can invert the laptop and gently tap it on a hard surface to dislodge dirt.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275644-how-do-i-make-key-work-properly.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello ever since I upgraded from Windows to Windows and Microsoft Edge just won't work properly Just as I open it it takes some extra seconds more than any other browser on the same device I type Facebook com it takes like seconds to load during which the tabs show quot not responding quot a several times if won't What just I Edge can responding. do? always work not properly, I click a new tab the whole thing hangs for a second or two showing me Edge just won't work properly, always not responding. What can I do? a blank page and also not responding during surfing almost any site it usually goes unresponsive every - seconds I've reported this to almost everyone I could report it to posted it on the Microsoft Community contacted one-on-one support reset my PC and even tweeted to Gabe Aul said he'll make sure the Edge team knows about this that was months ago I also reset Edge just won't work properly, always not responding. What can I do? the browser and my entire PC now many of my stuff are gone and the bug remains This is just a desperate attempt hoping anyone might Edge just won't work properly, always not responding. What can I do? have a new idea I'm already using Chrome but I don't want to and I feel like I'm missing out

A:Edge just won't work properly, always not responding. What can I do?

living with the flood ,bro :)
There are nothing stable with MS product.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/417806-edge-just-wont-work-properly-always-not-responding-what-can-i-do.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I experience the following annoying problems with USB3.0:

When I plug in a USB 3.0 device, one of my other plugged USB 2.0 devices will disconnect/fail. That was with my old laptop (ASUS N71JQ)... I have a new PC today (Brix GB-BXBT-2807) and I was really looking forward to leaving the problems behind. However, this new PC has similar/same USB 3.0 problems; when I connect a USB 3.0 device to the USB 3.0 port, WiFi usually drops out completely. It is as if the system does not have enough power (?) to run a USB 3.0 device and the WiFi card simultaneously?

It is not just one USB 3.0 device I have tried; I have a USB 3.0 external powered 2TB Seagate hard drive, and a USB 3.0 Flash drive (32BG KingMax). Both give the same problems.

Is USB 3.0 simply not fit for purpose???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A:USB3.0 is flawed? Never seems to work properly.

Is there a power profile setting? If so I would try Performance Profile if that is not already the default.

Also in Device Manager see if the USB has any option set to "allow to be shut off to save power" or words to that effect.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/61170-usb3-0-flawed-never-seems-work-properly.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So I got my latop Pavilion g series a few years ago and I had two stipulations when I was shopping for one I wanted it to have Windows and not and I wanted it to have a Blu-Ray drive I eventually found the one I have now g - nr which I believe came with an internal Blu-Ray drive added to replace the original DVD one Fast-forward to this past summer roughly when I got hit with the Windows update and decided to go drive Laptop properly Blu-Ray won't work ahead with it figuring I could revert back to if it screwed up anything or too many important things Everything was fine until this past week when I got a couple new Blurays and went to try them out nbsp I can only get the drive to open some of the time Sometimes it opens fine other times I need to repeatedly press the button on it If I put in a disc it will read the disc some of the time sometimes it just doesn't do anything and I go to This PC Laptop Blu-Ray drive won't work properly in the file explorer and it says there's no disc inserted even when I double click the disc drive or right-click and hit open in my media software This happens with both BRs and DVDs but it's a lot more common with BRs When I can get it to where its reading the disc and it's a Bluray sometimes the menu won't come up at all If I can actually get the movie to play BR or DVD the drive will sometimes stop working during the playthrough and I have to start the whole process over again as if the drive lost power or rebooted itself or something nbsp I've been getting the distinct feeling that it's a power issue as if the drive isn't getting enough power to run properly and keeps powering Laptop Blu-Ray drive won't work properly off in the middle of watching a movie occasionally after a while of these problems it'll start to clear up and I can get through the rest of the movie okay like the drive needed a few attempts to 'warm up' or something of the kind Also it wasn't just this past week it's been doing this for a while but it seems to be getting worse with it especially if I go a month or two without running something in the drive this past week has been the worst of it including the one BR I got where I couldn't even get the menu to come up at all nbsp Anyone got any idea what's actually causing this or what I can do to get it fixed

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-Blu-Ray-drive-won-t-work-properly/td-p/5765666
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello all, my laptop wont run, it comes up with a screen and it says power on and key. But other than this it wont do nothing. I cannot access anything and no button does anything. Is the computer locked? Is there a way i can fix this?

A:My laptop wont work properly

Of course yur laptop cannot run..becoz they don't have legs to run hehe..

Does it new Laptop or old laptop ? try to go to safe mode by pressing F8 see if it load..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-work-properly.459243/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey all I just bought a GB New properly... work won't iPod nano rd generation iPod nano I ve had itunes installed for a little while and have made sure to keep it updated and it s worked fine When i plug in my ipod it shows up in the left panel of itunes under quot devices quot so i know it s recognised it starts to sync says so up the top of the intunes window New iPod nano won't work properly... but it New iPod nano won't work properly... will only start sync-ing or tranferring the first song i only have like songs on my computer not too much of a music buff lol and then it comes up with an error message i ve gotten the following ones quot The ipod quot Lucy s ipod quot cannot be synced The required folder cannot be found quot quot Windows - delay write failed Windows was unable to save all the data for the file J iPod Control iTunes The data has been lost This error may caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection Please try to save this file elsewhere quot quot Windows - delay write failed Windows was unable to save all the data for the file J iPod Control Music FO The data has been lost This error may caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection Please try to save this file elsewhere quot Those are the few that i saved it just kinda alternates between them i guess Any help you can give me just to get those songs on my iPod sync d or manually i don t mind would be incredibly appreciated You ll probably have to put it in really basic terms lol i m moderately-ok with computers usually - but being new to ipods i think i ll need step by step instructions if any of you can help Thanks in advance p s I have Windows XP well atleast i think that s what i have i have the latest itunes the battery on my iPod is charged i ve tried quot restoring quot it and quot re-setting quot it i think that s about everything i could tell you that would be helpful just ask me if i ve left out any important info nbsp

A:New iPod nano won't work properly...

do u at the present time have itunes still in your computer? if not sure check your add/remove programs. if not for your ipod to work properly u either need itunes/quicktime media player or a program thats not free called dopisp by mgtek which u can use with windows media player 11 which is the latest version for windows xp. hope this helps u or maybe someone will have a better suggestion.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-ipod-nano-wont-work-properly.674570/
Relevancy 46.01%

Trying to install HP Photosmart to operate with my Dell desktop and Windows XP Home version.
I used the CD to install the program and it will make any document I open print.

BUT... when I click on the desktop icon I can't get the program to scan a new document through the printer, as it should.

Can someone help me???

Thanks,
1es00m

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-photosmart-c4480-work-properly.1080699/
Relevancy 46.01%

In Windows XP when I go to Start/My Computer I want My Documents to open in a menu. I have tried everything possible and it is set to open in menu but does not work. I think the problem stems from the fact that the folders in My Computer all seem to be shortcuts. When I go to My Docs it says it is on the desktop but it should not be there. When I go to Properties it says it is in C/D&S/myname/mydocs
I hope I have explained this correctly - it was working a couple of weeks ago, but obviously something has made a change to this and it no longer works.
If anyone can offer a suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Start/My Documents does not properly work..

phil18646, I don't know if this is what you mean but got to Start>Control Panel>Folder Options>General tab and select "Use Windows Classic Folders", click Apply/OK.

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/start-my-documents-does-not-properly-work.712157/
Relevancy 46.01%

I just accidentaly dropped my ps2 off of my desk (2-3 foot high)
and now when i load up the game SOCOM it freezes and my ps2 makes a weird clicking noise, which repeats. What can i do? do i have to send it in? i tried turing disc diag on but that didnt help. Do i realy have to send it in to be repaired?

Relevancy 46.01%

I am frustrated I built a new computer and my second hard drive refuses to work the way it should My system has a Crucial SSD GB that I installed just as a boot drive The second HD is a W D caviar black TBYTE After installing Windows Home Premium bit to the SSD and starting the computer I find that I cannot get downloads of new programs to go to the W D The programs want to download to the SSD but are too big for the remaining available space on the SSD My computer keeps saying you are running out of space I have tried many properly will hard work not Second drive other forums to solve the problem I even called in a computer specialist He said he fixed the problem but he didn t My system recognizes the W D I formated the W D What I would appreciate is someone give me the complete directions on what I should do start with just my Windows on the Second hard drive will not work properly SSD Any help will be gracefully accepted Thanks Can I be Second hard drive will not work properly informed at my email address if someone replies nbsp

A:Second hard drive will not work properly

Assuming the following:

1st boot SSD - C:
2nd drive - WD - D:

When you install a new program, and ask for a location/folder to install select your drive D:

Change your location of My Documents folder to WD.
create D:\My Documents on WD
On My Documents | Properties | Location | Move | browse to D:\My Documents and apply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-hard-drive-will-not-work-properly.170312/
Relevancy 46.01%

I bought USB microphone,and look what's happening-i turn him,driver automaticly installed but when i try to speak nothign happening.In shortly it doesnt work.But when i press record in windows recorder it record what i say,but i can hear recorded waw only AFTER i turn off microphone.Could be this compability problem?I have integrated realteak chipset soundcard.I was thinking about buying usb sound card,but not so sure will that work.

A:Usb microphone doesnt work properly

Not unusual for some microphones, which shut down to prevent rf interference, and sound feedback.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-microphone-doesnt-work-properly.85835/
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm a new user of VOIP. My network connect is Cable modem -> router (Dir 615) -> ATA (SPA122) .
Outbound calls have no problem. But inbound calls sometimes work, sometimes not ( got message: not in service)
Anyone can help?

A:inbound calls do not work properly

Tried reversing the routers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inbound-calls-do-not-work-properly.1079089/
Relevancy 46.01%

My laptop haw WIN does Windows repair not properly work XP SP installed Windows repair does not work properly Recently it got infected with some viruses including win xp antispyware Using spyware doctor and malwarebytes tools I tried to remove the viruses Windows repair does not work properly It was ok partially and then that I can't run any exe file in the computer I decided to install windows repair but not using repair console using original CDs I get the following error messages while the installtion process is going on - When the installation wizard at PREPARING WINDOWS INSTALLATION stage A pop up window comes up with the following message - Choose the program to open the file rundll exe when I cancel several times it goes away and then after few minutes another pop us comes and says - Choose the program to open the file regsrv exe when I cancel several times it goes away and the installation continues without any problem But when the computer restarts automatically to continue the rest of the installation process another pop up window comes saying - Choose the program to open the file setup exe the installation does not continue from this point properly How can I do a proper windows repair I have lot of software installed in this machine and do not want to install a fresh copy of windows wiping out everything I have now please help me

A:Windows repair does not work properly

In the future you can try this to fix .exe file associations
Unable to Start a Program with an .exe File Extension
also more file association fixes here
Windows XP File Assocation Fixes
If needed rename mbam.exe to something else like firefox.exe Then see if Malwarebytes will run.
So you tried to do a "repair install"? I would have deleted the malware registry startup entries with a BART PE boot CD or ERD Commander. It's a complex process though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-repair-does-not-work-properly-596362.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I used to be pretty good at hardware stuff but things got too complicated I ll do my best to explain I have an HP Pavilion a n with Athalon GHz meg RAM GB HD etc It has built in G-Force properly get work to 5500 Can't FX PCI NVDIA GeForce MX with MB DDR shared video memory I bought a Can't get G-Force FX 5500 PCI to work properly G-Force PCI with MB ram for a pretty good price and want to use it I have installed it and it seems to work pretty good but I keep on getting this window popping up saying that the system has recovered from a serious error When I sent the error to Microsoft this is what it comes up with Error type Windows stop error A message appears on a blue screen with error code information Solution available Yes What does this error mean You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly This type of error is referred to as a quot stop error quot A stop error requires you to restart your computer Cause A video adapter device driver Computer symptoms A message appears on a blue screen with error code information STOP x EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER - or - STOP x EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER M and then below it Additional Technical Information Error Message STOP x EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER Q This is what I have done so far Downloaded and attempted to install latest drivers Downloaded and attempted to use driver cleaner to remove the old drivers for the built-in video no luck they keep on automatically re-installing no matter what i do Used the device manager to disable the old drivers onboard video For the most part it seems as though the card is working I think The video seems to be quite clear and when I run the NVIDIA control panel I can do the -D adjustments and such The device manager says the device is working properly This error however is annoying as it will NOT GO AWAY You hit quot Don t Send quot and it just comes back You send it reports the error and then comes back a few minutes later I don t know if this is related but it seems as though I can t get the computer into sleep mode since installing the card and getting these errors and my wife has said that twice the cordless mouse has stopped working on her while she was using the system since the new card and error All very strange Help Any idea how I can get rid of it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-g-force-fx-5500-pci-to-work-properly.479631/
Relevancy 46.01%

The microphone is detected, already enabled, but no sound detected.
The microphone doesn't have a problem, because it works on other computer which are using XP.

I've done troubleshooting, but it couldn't find what the problem is.
Please help..

A:Microphone doesn't work properly

Please post the exact HP model number.

Do you have the correct sound driver? If you only have the generic, basic function Windows installed High Definition Audio Codec, that is not the correct driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/341739-microphone-doesnt-work-properly.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi. This problem affects my Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 computer.
Occasionally, when I log on the computer after locking it for a long time, the keyboard acts as if the Windows Key is depressed. (Pressing E opens explorer, R opens the Run dialog, U opens Accessibility Options, etc.)

This is fixed easily by entering the security dialog (Ctrl+Alt+Del). However, once I do this, the Windows Key appears to stop functioning.
Tapping it will not open the start menu (for the record, nor will Ctrl+Esc), and none of its combinations work except Winkey+L to lock.

Can someone explain to me why this happens and how to fix it?

A:Windows key doesn't work properly

Hello,

Try another Keyboard and see if the problem is still there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-key-doesnt-work-properly-485025.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello For about a month now my internet has been acting up Specifically while using AOL instant messenger I am signed off and on repeatedly without notice When I ping AIM's address about every pings or so I get a quot request timed out quot and the ping time frequently jumps from about ms to over ms I suspect the same problem affects my computer when I access the internet in general as well as occasionally my internet stalls for a significant amount of time - much more than just a month before I am hoping something found in my log will help me fix the problem but even if this isn't the case I'm sure my computer could use a little cleaning Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS find solution AIM work not will cannot properly, system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files UT VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Analog Devices AIM will not work properly, cannot find solution SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us l hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us l hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http us l hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - F DD - D- -BC - F A F - no file O - Toolbar no name - B D D -D E - BF - EEF-F D D - no file O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD C Program Files Hewlett-Packard B B-DCAB- - EE - F hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run Win TaskLoader msgmr exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM RunServices Win TaskLoader msgmr exe O - HKCU Run Win TaskLoader msgmr exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup Microsoft Office OneNote Quick Launch lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE ONENOTEM EXE O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpq... Read more

A:AIM will not work properly, cannot find solution

Welcome to TSF.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should 'not' have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Please download Ewido Security Suite at http://www.ewido.net/en/download/.

1. Install Ewido Security Suite.
2. When installing, under 'Additional Options' uncheck:
* Install background guard
* Install scan via context menu
3. Launch Ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double click it.
4. The program will now open to the main screen.
5. When you run Ewido for the first time, you will get a warning 'Database could not be found!'. Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
6. You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files.
* On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
* Then click on Start Update.
7. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed. The status bar at the bottom will display 'Update successful'.
8. Exit Ewido. DO NOT scan yet.

If you are having problems with the updater, you can go to http://www.ewido.net/en/download/updates/ to update manually.

Download CleanUp! http://cleanup.stevengould.org/ (Alternate Link if main link don't work - http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/CleanUp.exe ) and install it. Don't run it yet.

Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode (if you don't know how, go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...howtutorial=61 ).

CleanUp! deletes EVERYTHING out of your temp/temporary folders, it does not make backups. If you have any documents or programs that are saved in any Temporary Folders, please make a backup of these before running CleanUp!. Run CleanUp! and click on the Options button. Uncheck 'Scan local drives for temporary files'. Also uncheck those two Newsgroup entries if you don't want to delete them. Click OK and then click on the CleanUp! button. Let it run. After it's done, choose Yes to logoff.

Now open Ewido and do a scan on your system.

* Click on scanner.
* Click on 'Complete System Scan' and the scan will begin.
* While the scan is in progress you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds. Choose 'Remove', then put a check next to 'Perform action on all infections' in the left corner of the box so you don't have to sit and watch Ewido the whole time. Click OK.
Exit Ewido when it's done.
* Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named 'Save report'.
* Click 'Save report'.
* Save the report to your desktop.

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following if they still exist and hit 'Fix Checked' after you check the last one:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {58F07DD3-924D-4141-BC74-299F523A95F1} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {14B0D0D3-D1E6-4BF6-9EEF-F050527D607D} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Win TaskLoader] msgmr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Win TaskLoader] msgmr.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Win TaskLoader] msgmr.exe

Locate and delete the following:

msgmr.exe

Restart your computer to get back to Normal Mode. Post the Ewido report and a new HijackThis log here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/aim-will-not-work-properly-cannot-find-solution-93595.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a newely built computer, a P5LD2 Asus Motherboard, 2 gigs of Corsair Memory, 3.4 Pentium D Dual-Core Processor. When ever I plug my external hard drives into a USB plug, a message reads as follows: "This USB divce can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port." Now, this motherboad indicates that the USB ports are 2.0 and I have tried all USB ports and get the same error. I have had no such error on my previous computer. Any suggestions? I have also tried to instal USB 2.0 drivers, but with Microsofts Service Pack 2, it indicates that drivers for USB 2.0 do not need to be installed and it doesn't give me the option to install them anyways.

What should I do?

Thank you!

Relevancy 46.01%

Howdy everyone Hopefully one of get to it computer properly Must my restart to work y'all folks will be able to help me Must restart my computer to get it to work properly out or point me in the right Must restart my computer to get it to work properly direction When I start Must restart my computer to get it to work properly my computer it boots to my desktop but at that point it becomes unresponsive Items in my quick-start menu will not highlight when I pass the cursor over them If I click my mouse buttons the computer freezes up for a while couple mins and it eventually returns an error message saying that the quot program has become unresponsive quot even though I had not attempted to manually execute a program At this point it gives me the option to select 'end process' or ' cancel ' When I select 'end process' option all the icons on my desktop disappear and sometimes the icons in my quick-start bar disappear as well Furthermore if I do not promptly input my password when prompted for it on the initial boot-up sequence prior to the desktop loading then my computer freezes then and there with the quot I'm thinking quot icon Ctrl Alt Del does not work in either of the situations described above It is at this point that I hit my restart button and then my computer boots fine to my relief No delays no problems but I'm worried that it might be a sign of something more sinister or an indication of a mission critical hardware failure just around the corner My first step at attempting to fix this was to update all my drivers Then I scanned for malicious software using current versions of CCleaner Spybot HijackThis AVG Avast and Malwarebytes but those searches found nothing I performed a defrag on my HD but as it had gotten late and I expected it to take a long time I went to bed after making sure that the defrag had begun with the intentions of checking the report in the morning When I checked on it in the morning there was no report and the screen looked exactly as it did before I began the defrag process There was no indication that a defrag had been performed I think I remember XP giving some report on how much more efficient the defrag had made your HDD Maybe Win does not do this I don't know Today I googled my computer's symptoms to try and find anyone who has had a similar experience and hopefully a solution but didn't find a comparable failure Maybe one of y'all can help My fingers are crossed The OS hardware I am using is as follows Win Home Premium v Build Gigabyte GA-MA T-UD P AM AMD ATX AMD MoBo AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz W Quad-Cor G Skill GB x GB DDR WD Caviar Black GB HDD RPM If more information would be helpful please let me know and I will be happy to provide it Thanks in advance Willy

A:Must restart my computer to get it to work properly

Hi and welcome to TSF tr this How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7 Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
you could also try this Startup Repair: frequently asked questions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/must-restart-my-computer-to-get-it-to-work-properly-549915.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, i have a problem with my laptop some keys doesn't work, the key "O", "P", "L". if I press 'P' it types 'op' and if it shows the wrod ';l' instead of 'l'.   sometimes it works properly,and somtime no.  I want to know if it is a hardware problem or a software problem??? or whats the solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/some-keys-on-keyboard-not-work-properly/td-p/5702761
Relevancy 46.01%

My Bluetooth keyboard stopped working with just one specific laptop. (acer aspire E5-771G-76QZ)Laptop says it is paired but my keyboard his Bluetooth light lights up when pressing a button (this means it's not connected to anything).so I tried the keyboard on other devices (laptop, desktop, phone) and it works just fine.When trying to delete the keyboard from the paired devices, it "installs" it self when restarting the laptop, I even deleted my Bluetooth drivers and deleted all the files with iobit uninstaller, after restarting my laptop, Bluetooth was installed by it self again and the keyboard was "paired".ps. I can pair my phone or other Bluetooth devices without any problem with this laptop, so it looks like it's a quarrel between the laptop and the Bluetooth keyboard.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/bluetooth-doesn-t-work-properly/td-p/443699
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello i have a problem with my keyboard, some keys doesn't work, keys like the letter <i> and some numbers. Could you please help me??  i called the line support but they said to me that the warranty expired but i bougth my laptop on february 2016 using your websde and also when i check that on your websde also said i have 3 more months remainng. Thank you ps. i dont speak englsh well so i am sorry for my bad englsh 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/keyboard-doesn-t-work-properly/td-p/5818245
Relevancy 46.01%

Howdy I just bought a new PC and so far I m very satisfied won't work card properly Ethernet except that my network interface card a D-Link DFE- TX R doesn t work Every time I install Windows XP Pro and I Ethernet card won't work properly ve tried at least times the card installs itself as it should but when I go to System and all that there s a quot quot next to Network Adapters And when I right-click on the card which is called RealTech something something for some reason at first I thought it was because it was the wrong driver but the guy at the store said it was what it was supposed to be and click on quot Properties quot there s an error message Code or Code I think saying quot Too much of your system s resources are being used quot or something like that Sorry I can t give you the exact message but I had to unplug my new PC to use this one to write this post So I brought my PC back to the place I bought it and after checking things for almost an hour and trying three different network cards the technician finally concluded the problem was with Windows XP He also said his PC had the same card and it worked fine I don t know what makes him say that but he says I have more than twenty ethernet cards installed on my computer I only see one when I click on Network Adapters shrug Anyway after I got back to my house I tried installing the drivers from the disk that came with the card first I tried doing it automatically but it wouldn t work so I did it manually and couldn t find any drivers for Windows XP so I installed the Windows ones and they had the card s name D-Link DFE- TX R too and it worked perfectly I uninstalled the Realtech drivers and the quot quot was gone But the next time I rebooted my PC the Realtech driver was back as was the quot quot Anyway as you can probably see I m very confused I know the problem isn t my cable modem since I m using it right now to send this message using my old PC and the guy from the computer store says it s not my PC either so I guess it really is Windows XP I got my copy from a friend who works at a university in my city he swears to me it s not a pirated copy and that they got a license from Microsoft I don t know if he s telling he truth but I guess that s what Windows XP Pro is for Well I hope you guys can help me because no one else can Here are my new PC s specs AMD Athlon XP GB IMB Deskstar GXP RPM MSI MS- GeForce IV Ti MB MSI KT -Ultra mhz motherboard DVD x Sony Soundblaster Live MB DDR mhz D-Link TX R Webstar cable modem OS Windows XP Pro nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Dear, I purchase a new laptop model number is 15-r036tu I got this laptop with window 8.1 after using few month I did not fill comfortable with this 8.1 I DID DOWN grade from 8.1 to window 7 (32 bit) now my all software are missing but I am able to download my all software BUT MY MOUSE DOUBLE CLICK IT DOES NOT WORK. HP management and right click but is unable to update driver please give me any advice or link to how to download software. Thanks Og2

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/MY-LAPTOP-MOUSE-DOES-NOT-WORK-PROPERLY/td-p/5596586
Relevancy 46.01%

I have occured a problem recently with my scroller wheel located in the middle of my mouse. It seems as if something has hijacked the mouse scroller when I am browsing within IE 6. Whenver I scroll down a page with the mouse scroller, it takes me back to previous web pages I have already explored, instead of doing its job and scrolling down the page. It never did that till recently. I have always been able to scroll down pages in IE with no problem. I have also gone to my control panel/mouse options/wheel and it was checked as "scrolling 3 lines at a time".Could this be a hijacker virus or something else??

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all I just posted in another thread the same problem but it was a little old so I decided to start this thread anyway So my problem is this quot Windows Update cannot check for updates because the service is not running You may need to restart your computer quot Background information I have a netbook which has a partition for recovering the computer to factory settings I was having lag issues I thought it may be to do with my hdd as it was in a car accident and didn't sound amazing I Windows work will properly update not have had no real big issues with it yet though I also thought I would try a factory reset to see Windows update will not work properly if that may have been the problem I replace the hdd no worries i cloned it but that was not the problem as may be obvious to some here I tried a factory reset It didn't work properly I panicked after I though about it though I realised the new hdd was a different size and so this may have been the issue So I put the old hdd in again and recloned it did the factory reset on it It worked fine So still wanting to use my new hdd I did another clone I now have the new hdd in the computer with a factory reset state I went about installing what I needed All was going well until I wanted to install my antivirus it would not install it wouldn't start to install Same with iTunes I had tried a win update before this and nothing had happened maybe this should have told me there was a problem then I don't know So I tried the System Update Readiness Tool I got an error 'Installer encountered an error xc ' I tried microsoft fixit it could not run properly either I tried another suggestion on this forum involving changing the windows update settings and trying again that didn't work either I don't know what to do next Can anyone suggest anything Thanks Lindsay

A:Windows update will not work properly

let's have a look at some basics first...

Please run a full CHKDSK and SFC scan....
type in the Search box
CMD.EXE
right-click on the only file that is found
Select Run as Administrator
- the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up
At the Command prompt, type
CHKDSK C: /R
and hit the Enter key.

You will be told that the drive is locked,
and the CHKDSK will run at he next boot - hit the Y key, and then reboot.

The chkdsk will take a few hours depending on the size
of the drive, so be patient!

After the CHKDSK has run, Windows should boot normally
(possibly after a second auto-reboot) - then run the SFC

SFC -System File Checker - Instructions
Click on the Start button
type in the Search box
CMD.EXE
right-click on the only file that is found
Select Run as Administrator - the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up
At the Command prompt, type

SFC /SCANNOW

and hit the Enter key

Wait for the scan to finish - make a note of any error messages - and then reboot.
Post an MGADiag report with details of any error messages encountered.

just in case....
To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
- **in your own thread**, please
Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
How to Tell

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/239747-windows-update-will-not-work-properly.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello guys. I'm new here.

I have a very frustating problem so I hope you guys can help out.

Last week I repair my windows XP because my av deleted some system files that infected by virus. But, after repair completed, the sound icon is not displayed in the taskbar and when I check the sound properties at control panel, it says no audio device. I have installed VIA Vinyl AC97 Combo Codec Driver WDM and device manager say the driver is working properly.

I have a Intel Celeron D 335, 2800 MHz (21 x 133). My motherboard is VIARAMA U8588 (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 ACR, 1 CNR, 3 DIMM, Audio) and the chipset is VIA VT8751(A) ProSavageDDR P4M266(A) (Thats what i got from everest).

Did I installed wrong driver? What i must do to get the sound back?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys:
Language bars should look like this:

URL: http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/f...refoxprob2.jpg

instead, on firefox I get this:

URL: http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/f...refoxprob1.jpg

Do anyone know how I an fix it? I cannot type correctly in firefox with that kind of language bar:(
I tried settings, but can't find the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-language-bar-wont-work-properly-in-firefox-303857.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I ve got a quot IIYAMA TFT screen which works nice in Windows XP Too bad it doenst work with some of my games like Grand theft auto Quake Arena and Soldier of Fortune and some other When i try to run the game my screen goes black and tells me quot INPUT NOT SUPPORTED quot when i alt-tab doenst Screen properly work back it just goes back to windows and i will have to close Screen doenst work properly the game down using ctrl-alt-del I ve tried to run these games in every resolution and refreshrate my computer allows me it just doesnt seem to work i called the people at IIYAMA but they dont know it either When i run a game which does work Counterstrike the FPS counter only goes till even if i set it to or i just wont get any higher What is Wrong with my screen or is it something else Specs Geforce Ti SE MB DDR P GHZ MB DDR Screen quot IIYAMA TFT Windows XP Plz help im very desperate nbsp

A:Screen doenst work properly

Welcome to TSG.

I don't know much about this but since nobody has answered yet I thought I would ask if you have downloaded the latest drivers for your monitor? Maybe also check the XP hardware compatibility to make sure it's not an XP problem. I've had many problems with XP in the past when it comes to compatibility issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-doenst-work-properly.144909/
Relevancy 46.01%

hey i bought a ATI RADEON DDR and i cant get it to work right im getting terrible images in all of my games the image kind of brakes horizontaly when ever i move or it s really slow the same thing happens can properly 8500 RADEON work ATI i get to t my when i watch movies and it even hangs some i can t get my ATI RADEON 8500 to work properly times when i play games like gta or medal of honor the image only gets good when i run dmark im getting even worse results than my geforce mx at the beging i thought it i can t get my ATI RADEON 8500 to work properly was a probleme with mi card so i sent it back to the distributor but there they told me that the card was working properly they even tried my computer with a new card but with the same results so then i tried to install the latest drivers i could find i tried the ati drivers and the omega but nothing happend i also tried to instal my card in my sisters computer but ended with the same results we both have the same motherboard a ECS K S A do you know were i could get the latest bios for my mobo and how to install them do you think thats the problem with my card the mobo i have a AMD ATHLON XP of sdram and a i can t get my ATI RADEON 8500 to work properly maxtor g do you think there migth be a problem there thanks a lot for your help nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello.
I installed the last version of telegram and suddenly it stopped working and I can't download files via it. Its worked very good but problem happened suddenly. I remove and installed Telegram but problem not solved :(.
Any idea?

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8896cde9-f3f5-4ea1-818f-d93605b9b5d0/telegram-cant-work-properly-on-my-windows-7?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 46.01%

so heres the deal i have used partition magic in the past to split my drive up so one is for my operating system and another for DATA. my operating system is windows xp pro 64 bit

what i want to do is split it up again to make a fat32 partition of 10 gigs to run 95 so i can play some old school games i have. Problem is when i make the changes in partition magic it says it needs to reboot to make the changes and it should boot onto the 10 gig partition and i should be able to install win 95 But it just reboots and starts up win xp again and its like nothing ever hapened

any suggestions?

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I'm about to prepare some OEM computers and have made a simple unattend xml-file with help from the answering file sample from WAIK but I can't get it to work properly I have work doesn't Autounattend.xml properly copied the file to the root directory of an USB drive and it seemes like the installation program is reading the file e g I don't have to specify an computer name when finalizing the Autounattend.xml doesn't work properly installation but it's not as automated that I would like it to be I have to choose wich Windows version to install basic HP etc the disk partitions listed in the xml-file is not automated I have to choose wich drive to use for installation I need to confirm the license agreement choose date and time options What can be wrong I would like a clean working autounattend xml-file that automatically installs and also temporarily activates the administrator account so I can install updates drivers and such and then seal everything up with sysprep Can anyone help me with this Here's my autounattend xml file I've deleted the OEM info autounattend xml Henrik

A:Autounattend.xml doesn't work properly

Hi HITData, welcome to the forums, Have a look at this Windows 7 doesn&#39;t detect autounattend.xml? It may help you

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/127384-autounattend-xml-doesnt-work-properly.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I spilled drink on it, busted. Weird. numbers and. symbol2s appear when I type.

Not paying 29 for new k1eyboard...

How d.o I fix?

btw.. Need Mac Keyboard... thus pricy

A:My keyboard doesn't work properly

Try this:
http://theminiblog.co.uk/archives/2006/11/16/how-to-cleaning-the-apple-keyboard/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-keyboard-doesnt-work-properly.759119/
Relevancy 46.01%

Does Your Antivirus Work Properly? How to Check It?

A:Does Your Antivirus Work Properly? How to Check It?

To BC.

You can download an EICAR test file from the EICAR website. However, you could also create your own EICAR test file by opening a text editor (such as Notepad), copy-pasting the following text into the file, and then saving it:

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Your antivirus program should react as though you had just created an actual virus.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542069/does-your-antivirus-work-properly-how-to-check-it/
Relevancy 46.01%

First of all I would like to take a second to apologize for probably creating yet another topic considering the same matter However I really do suck when it comes to any technological matters so I was simply unable to find search efficiently for a solution Namely My operating system which is Windows has been gradually decreasing it's efficiency over these last months It's come to this moment where of programs don't work properly without me knowing what's going on System itself started to create folders like asdjbi egbjqhvsd v teyashbd randomized letters and entire system properly. not does The work numbers with no sense whatsoever that despite the fact I've got The entire system does not work properly. administrator privileges forbids me from taking any action I can't do much right now Games don't work I can install something but The entire system does not work properly. every time I open a patch or the game itself it crashes into program has stopped working I've got a thing called a back-up recovery system but even though I do it nothing really changes The entire memory is being literally cleansed and yet after I install anything it happens once again from the very start Is there anything I can do or am I being forced to contact professional technicians and pay tons of money which I The entire system does not work properly. don't really have to try and save it I thank every single one of you from the pretty much bottom of my heart for taking your life-time to read this out and maybe help me find a solution Best regards Bart McAllister

A:The entire system does not work properly.

Please start a malware removal topic. Follow this guide.

Best of luck.

TsVk!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537753/the-entire-system-does-not-work-properly/