Windows Support Forum

Computer having trouble turning on

Q: Computer having trouble turning on

Hi my computer never turns on first time and I often have to turn the pull out the plug or turn the plug off I m in the UK then wait a few minutes then turn it back on then wait another few minutes before pressing on the power button when it finally turns trouble Computer turning having on on Sometimes Computer having trouble turning on when I turn the electricity on at the wall the computer box makes a high-pitched whirring noise For whatever reason the computer ONLY ever turns on when this noise is there If I turn the Computer having trouble turning on plug on and there is no noise I can guarantee the computer will definitely not turn on and I have to turn it off and wait another few minutes before trying again I was wondering if it has anything to do with external USB things Computer having trouble turning on plugged in wireless dongle to be specific so I took them all out before trying to turn the computer on but it doesn t seem to make a difference Sometimes it acts like one of those old lawnmowers where it takes several pulls on the ignition to turn it on E g I press the power button on the box and it turns on but then seconds later it literally runs out of steam and turns off again Also on other occasions I press the power button and the little light comes on showing that the computer is thinking and really bizarrely the CD drive works you can make it come out and in but the actually computer is not turned on the power light is off Any suggestions gratefully received many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer having trouble turning on

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer having trouble turning on

Try installing another power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-having-trouble-turning-on.145334/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi. I have this problem where my computer works fine when I'm using it. However, when I click the "Turn Off Computer" button in the Start Menu, the selection screen of log off, shut down or restart doesn't pop up.

What can I do?

A:Trouble Turning Off Computer

Open Start Menu > Run, type shutdown -s -f -t 0 and press Enter

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265405/trouble-turning-off-computer/
Relevancy 64.93%

When i turn off my computer i get a message saying "0x0012E619 reference at mem 0x 00000001" How can i get rid of this? What does it mean? I am running a Dell computer with XP.

A:Trouble Turning off Computer

Hi Earl

Did you fix it yet?

If not, do you have a Maxtor backup drive?
http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/for...ct-252812.html

If it's not that, it is likely to be a badly behaved program (hopefully not malware, though you should scan for that, just in case).

To look for more details, check in your Windows XP Event Viewer logs for the full error messages related to the shutdown error. This should provide clues as to the source of the problem. Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer ... inspect the Application and System logs, in particular. To see full details for an event, double-click it.

Or, a quick-fix try:
Try Windows XP's System Restore feature (Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore). Use a restore point from before the trouble started.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-turning-off-computer-450334.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Sorry if this is in trouble Computer turning on having the wrong thread but I can t seem to find Computer having trouble turning on a better one to put this in As the title suggest I m Computer having trouble turning on having trouble turning my computer on It started happening after my cooling fan just stopped working one day I smelled something burning and I usually hang one leg over the tower when I sit so my foot which was near the back was starting to feel hot Thankfully it wasn t my foot that was burning and I m not sure I actually fried anything but I knew I had to do something My dad told me to remove the cover to help prevent overheating and it seemed to work a bit But afterwards sometimes it just wouldn t turn on So I d have to turn off the power strip or unplug the power cable for a few seconds replug it and turn it back on which worked for a while But now I m lucky if it works at all Whenever I try the unplug method it ll turn on for about half a second to a second and a half and just shut down Now I m kind of a computer newbie if you will so I don t know much about BIOS and other things but I heard your system goes through a check to make sure things are running before it turns on Should I try replacing my cooling fan The thing is when I removed the cover I noticed my fan was in this box that said not to remove the cover or something so I forgot that idea Also very occasionally my computer WILL turn on even though the fan is broken so I thought maybe the fan didn t have an impact When I did get it to turn on though I would leave the computer on afraid I wouldn t be able to turn it back on Good thing I saved a backup So I wouldn t be having a problem except I accidentally turned off the power strip with my foot Curse you improper posture Oh by the way my computer s kind of old maybe seven or eight years It s a Pentium obnoxiously large loud etc Horrid specs Megahertz GB Hard Drive space I ve had to replace the operating system three or four times due to lack of virus protection etc I know it s time to get a new computer but I still want to figure out how to turn it on by the time I get one and in case this happens again Any help would be appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Computer having trouble turning on

Hi, wow oh dear oh no......

Your psu (power supply unit) is burned out. you need a new one.

that box is what powers all your system and really needs someone with a bit of experience to fit a new one in for you. meanwhile i would NOT try to turn your pc on.

i would tell you how to do it step by step but i'm knackerred at the moment
so search techspot for tutorials.

i be back later

regards pcaceit

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-having-trouble-turning-on.53894/
Relevancy 64.93%

When I turn on my desktop PC, the lights and fans come on and I can hear the computer running, but there is no signal to the monitor and my mouse and external hard drive (both plugged into USB ports) do not light up.

I've had this problem a few times in the past but it was never anything that wasn't solved by hitting the reset button or manually restarting. This time it seems like those old tricks won't work.

Need help diagnosing this problem!

Relevancy 64.93%

Sometimes when i turn on my computer it makes a whirring sound, the lights turn on, nothing comes up on the monitor and then the computer just turns off. I have to keep trying to turn on my computer several times before it works properly. I'm using Windows XP Home Edition if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-turning-on-my-computer.307520/
Relevancy 64.93%

Computer runs 24/7 for weeks without problems.

When I restart in the last few weeks the fans start, HD spins up, but no beep. Takes quite a few tries to get it to boot up and makes me scared it won't start one of these times.

Had 2 BSOD's recently which I haven't had for years so it looks like things might finally be happening.

Haven't seen any other problems yet. HD, graphics, etc all seems to work fine. Guessing the PSU may be dying or something.

I'm not very knowledgeable about hardware so looking for informed opinions.

A:Trouble turning on computer :(

When you are seeking help you need to post your system component specs. Motherboard; EXACT make, model and revision (if applicable). Processor; EXACT make, model and stepping. Memory; EXACT make and model. Graphics Card (if installed); EXACT make and model. Power Supply; EXACT make and model. Provide links to the components. Also post the operating system.

If the machine is a mass produced machine such as Dell, Gateway, HP, etc. post the EXACT make and model as there may be known problems with certain makes and models.

No one can diagnose a problem without knowing the EXACT components you used in the build or the EXACT make and model of a mass produced machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-turning-on-computer.1028903/
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok I ve been having this issue for a little bit asked a few friends and they can t make odds or ends of it so I d ask here For the past while I ve been having an issue of whenever my computer enters sleep mode or shuts down for a certain period of time my computer becomes unable to turn on unless I unplug the system for a few minutes if I use this method to kick back from sleep mode windows will act like it was never unplugged and go back to what I was doing I was told since trouble turning having Computer on there seems to be a relation between this and my clock desyncing that it was the CMOS battery so I replaced it and the problem persisted Does anyone know any reason this Computer having trouble turning on may be Computer having trouble turning on happening to my computer I have assumptions that it is the power supply but I do not wish to make an investment in one unless I know it s the actual problem nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I have recently been having trouble turning on my windows computer it begins to on off, no turning trouble and there sound now having computer is load then the screan says no input and it turns straight off after this I tried to turn it on again and the same happend on the third attempt it began to load and came up with a screen asking me to click to repair i did this and i took about min and the computer loaded up like normal when using the computer it seemed fine internet speed was fine and everything was running like normal When I tried to turn the computer ofd it says 'installing updates to do not turn of the power' so i let it do this and it turned of fine The next day exactly the same thing happend it took three attempts to turn having trouble turning computer on and off, now there is no sound on then was fine then installed updates when turning off I knew there was a problem but couldnt work out what so ran an AVG virus scan the scan came up with having trouble turning computer on and off, now there is no sound threats of which it repaired and on that it said could not be removed the one that could not be removed was called HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion run AVP I couldnt work out what to do and it was late so I turned the computer off and came back to it today again it took several attempts to turn on and then seemed fine however when i tryed to play music no sound came out I troubleshooted this and it says my speakers are not plugged in they are and i have checked this very carfully I also checked the speakers work in my cd player which they do I ran the AVG virus scan again and it came up with the same threats i removed the same i did yesterday and the th HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion run AVP would not allow me to removed it again I have no idea what I am doing and need help urgently I am really not very tech savvy so am having a lot of difficulty understanding a lot of posts and have no idea how to fix my computer I hope someone can help me thanks in adavace ps im not sure what files i am suppose to attach or how to do this

A:having trouble turning computer on and off, now there is no sound

Check for malware thoroughly, then run CleanUp as indicated below - then if needed run StartUp
Repair. There is also a link for a Repair Installation if needed (allows you to keep programs and
data).
If you need to check for malware here are my recommendations - these will allow you to do
a thorough check and removal without ending up with a load of spyware programs running
resident which can cause as many issues as the malware and maybe harder to detect as the
cause.
No one program can be relied upon to detect and remove all malware. Added that often easy
to detect malware is often accompanied by a much harder to detect and remove payload. So
its better to be overly thorough now than to pay the high price later. Check with these to an
extreme overkill point and then run the cleanup only when you are very sure the system is clean.
These can be done in Safe Mode - repeatedly tap F8 as you boot however you should also run
them in regular Windows when you can.
Download malwarebytes and scan with it, run MRT, and add Prevx to be sure it is gone.
(If Rootkits run UnHackMe)
Download - SAVE - go to where you put it - Right Click on it - RUN AS ADMIN
Malwarebytes - freehttp://www.malwarebytes.org/
Run the Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool
Start - type in Search box -> MRT find at top of list - Right Click on it - RUN AS ADMIN.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496566/having-trouble-turning-computer-on-and-off-now-there-is-no-sound/
Relevancy 62.78%

My computer has randomely been turning off suddenly, starting today. When I turn it back on and send the error report it says that it had trouble finding my harddrive. Not to mention, my other harddrive disapeared some time ago, could that be the harddrive being referred to? How could I help this? It suggest that I do the check disk thing but when I do that at the end it says that it can't go any longer in read-only mode. Could someone please help and possibly tell me howt o find my other harddrive again!

A:Computer SUddenly TUrning off + Trouble Detecting Harddrive

Hi,

There could be several reasons for this. Please list the components in your computer (cpu, motherboard, all drives, power supply watts and brand name, etc...you get the picture) so we can get a better idea of what you have.

Has the drive that is lost worked before?

How long ago did the drive disappear?

Has the drive you are using ever displayed any other problems before now?

Are you using 80 connector cables for the hard drives?

Have you changed anything in the way of hardware recently?

Have you tried to swap the ribbon cable for the drive that works with the one that does not work?

Do you have another extra 80 connector cable to try a new one on this drive?

Oh, since it is just cutting out as you mentioned, try running this program so we can see the temps and voltages. It is free to download:

Speedfan will tell you the temperatures and a whole lot more. It's free

http://www.sofotex.com/SpeedFan-download_L4655.html

or

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Post back with details and then we might be able to spot something that could cause your difficulty.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-suddenly-turning-off-trouble-detecting-harddrive-78812.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Here is the issue, when my computer goes to sleep after it's on for a while when I move the mouse to get the screen back up it shows the backround no icons or anything to click.
Same if I turn it off and turn it back on. I have to turn it off and on many times then go to safe mode and shut down then turn it on again for it to work. Just now I had to turn it on/off 4 times for it to show the icons and task bar. Usually it is left blank with nothing to click having no choice but to turn it off.
Norton says no viruses.
My computer is HP with windows 7. I bought it in 2011.
This problem has been happening for a long time. Please help.

A:When turning off computer & turning it back on again screen is blank

Hello squirrels and welcome to Seven Forums.

I think I'd start out by trying to do a startup repair. It's been suggested that the startup repair be done 3 times (regardless of what the notifications say) and the computer rebooted after each repair.

Startup Repair

If this doesn't fix the problem one of the Forum experts has prepared these troubleshooting guides with some additional suggestions.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/271551-when-turning-off-computer-turning-back-again-screen-blank.html
Relevancy 52.46%

When trying to turn on the pc it goes to a blue screen with an error.

It says that windows stopped the computer from starting to prevent damage to your computer. Then in all caps it says Unmountable_Boot_Volume.

It then states that if you keep getting the message to start in safe mode.

Tried to start it in safe mode but it will not start that way either.

Haven't installed any new programs to cause this problem.

Is there anyway that I can get the computer started without having to reformat the harddrive?

Relevancy 52.46%

So I've been fight with my computer for about a month now. Sometimes when I turn it on it will go to log in and when I click my name it will load up but time my profile comes on it turns off. The other times I'll turn on and nothing happens. I'll turn it off and try again and it has one short then long beep. I thought it meant dust so I got computer dust cleaner.I clean it the computer didn't change. So then I pull the cmos battery to restart the bios. I plugged everything back in and nothing chaged yet. I was wondering what should I do???or what can help me.

Relevancy 51.6%

Lately when I go to start then chose shutdown or restart my PC does nothing. Sometimes it works after multiple tries but often it won't work. I can usually do stand by mode or use a program w a timer to shutdown my pc.

Using xp pro

A:Trouble turning off/restarting pc

Hi See the MS article here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/308029

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-turning-off-restarting-pc-985633.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently got an external enclose and added a hard drive to my PC via USB 2.0. Now, whenever I shut down my laptop I have to wait AT LEAST 30 minutes before XP will load. I am running XP Media Center Edition by the way. What tends to happen when I have this problem is this:
1. My laptop has 4 status lights, when my laptop is shut down they are all off.
2. When i hit the On button, my Hard Drive light turns on and it stays on.
3. None of the other lights (My CD Drive light, SD slot light, and wireless internet light are turned on.
4. My laptop remains this way and does not progress any further.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop with windows 8 randomly started having problems. It started a few weeks back and i thought my laptop was infected. I refreshed my laptop which didn't help and then i reset my computer using the setting.The laptop worked fine for over 2 weeks and then suddenly when i went to put my computer to sleep, it would just stay on with a black screen. The power light would be on but the screen would stay black no matter what i did. I then refreshed my laptop assuming it was the best idea. The problem stayed and when i tried to restart or use the system restore function it would be stuck on Restarting the computer. The laptop also freezes for a bit on start-up, when it un-freezes any usbs that would be plugged in wouldn't register.Whats wrong with my laptop?Mod Edit ,,,Moved From AII to WIN8 ~`boopme

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548518/having-trouble-turning-off-laptopresetting/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I've had this problem with my Canon Rebel XS for a while now. The only way to turn my camera on is to take out the battery and re-insert it right before i turn the camera back on. I don't know why it does this but it is a huge hassle, especially when my camera turns itself off to save power and i try and take pictures but have to remove the battery once again to turn the camera on.

If it helps, I previously encountered the canon Error 99. I looked it up and solved the error with rubbing the sensor with a pencil eraser and no longer receive the Error 99.

A:Trouble turning camera back on.

"rubbing the sensor with a pencil eraser"

Are you sure it was the sensor you rubbed? Don't you mean the battery contacts?
You're not supposed to rub a camera sensor with a pencil eraser!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-turning-camera-back-on.1016201/
Relevancy 51.17%

Sorry in advance for vagueness but on.) having turning (like... trouble is Laptop laptopping that's all I got So my laptop has problems turning on - it'll freeze at the windows logo and then shut itself off I tried to get it to start in safe mode and do a restore point from there but the restore didn't work it said my antivirus was interfering Another weird thing is the little homegroup bubbles popping up on some Laptop is having trouble laptopping (like... turning on.) things don't know if that's related to anything It also randomly shuts itself off sometimes and then tells me it failed to shut down properly It did a chkdsk thing this morning and supposedly that worked I have no idea what's happening anymore my antivirus can't find anything except norton sometimes pops up with some suspiciouscloud thing whenever I open chrome I Laptop is having trouble laptopping (like... turning on.) had someone help me out earlier like three months ago but I thought he didn't respond but he did and i just never got the notification so I thought he gave up sorry Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm terrified this things going to explode while I'm writing a paper Thanks in advance Andrea DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Andrea at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Premier Edition Disabled Updated D FA C -F - B -D EC- EDF CEDB SP Norton Premier Edition Enabled Updated E -D C- F-EC C- AD B SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Norton Premier Edition Enabled E E -BF - E -FDB -A EAC E A Running Processes C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows system WLANExt exe C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center BkBackupScheduler exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center Bkapcs exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files x Norton One Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Norton Premier Edition Engine N exe C Program Files x PC Checkup SymcPCCULaunchSvc exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C windows system ThpSrv exe C windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TECO TecoService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C windows system wbem unsecapp exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C windows system SearchIndexer exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C windows system taskhost exe C windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files x Norton One Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C windows Explorer EXE C windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files x Norton Premier Edition Engine N exe C Window... Read more

A:Laptop is having trouble laptopping (like... turning on.)

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop For 32bit system or For 64bit system Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+=======Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563958/laptop-is-having-trouble-laptopping-like-turning-on/
Relevancy 50.74%

Long story short My computer suddenly shut off And when i pressed the power button it would attempt to turn on then just fail and shut down completely no signal to anything only fans I cleaned out the pc and cleaned out the power supply reassembled and it help turning Need on. off/not ASAP. Computer turning turned on as per normal i used it for Need help ASAP. Computer turning off/not turning on. about minutes set it to sleep for an hour or two turned it on used Need help ASAP. Computer turning off/not turning on. it for about an hour and a half then it suddenly turned off again When this happens it either powers on for seconds then powers down or it powers up all fans and mouse led but no signal to keyboard or screen whatsoever i assumed it was the power supply so i purchased a new one today and installed it It turned on first try i assumed it was fixed i used it set it to sleep as per normal and went to turn it on again and it turned on all fans but once again no power to anything else just fans it seems I tried everything I have two sticks of ram so i switched them used them singularly tried running without fans Oddly it didn't beep even without video card or ram but nothing made a difference I just borrowed a single gb stick of ram from a friend and it successfully powered on and I am using it normally But i just can't imagine the problem was just the ram and i expect it to power off again soon Can anyone help

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/127014-need-help-asap-computer-turning-off-not-turning.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Let me clarify My brother brought his computer over for me to recable it Simple process right Not so much Before I get into details let me give you specs Keep in mind since I did not build the system I do not have all the information I usually would Windows Vista GB of RAM unknown brand on, turning turning on then not Computer Abit motherboard unknown serial number AMD athlon GHZ processor GB harddrives In raid configuration to look like hard drives GB each Antec watt power supply Nvidia Geforce Computer turning on, then not turning on GT Video card Okay so when I recabled everything and powered the system on it would not boot at all Everything was on and running but the bios was not doing anything and everything was at a standstill Not knowing if the raid configuation and the motherboard had anything to do with it I started swtiching the sata connections into Computer turning on, then not turning on different configurations based on what I think the individual would have done In doing this I accidentally pulled a jumper from the motherboard Setting it aside and not thinking it was important I plugged everything back in and attempted to power on the computer This is where it gets interesting Instead of even powering on like it did last time it powered up for MAYBE one second before shutting off Any other attempts to power it on were futile and resulted in nothing After this I replaced the jumper where it was supposed to go and powered on the system again The same thing happened I want to think the power supply is toast but I would like some ideas advice on what others may think it will be before I go switching parts out and or buying new parts for my brothers machine Thankfully if I have to buy new parts they should be inexpensive because the processor is fairly old Any help is appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Computer turning on, then not turning on

Make sure that you have the 24-pin main power connector and the 4-pin power connector both connected to the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turning-on-then-not-turning-on.803239/
Relevancy 46.87%

Just few hours ago I was listening to songs on Napster. Then I played some online games. I had to reboot at one point since it was going slow on me.

For some reasons unknown, my computer turns off and tried to boot itself, but kept turning off and booted itself. Somehow it did that in a loop. I tried to wipe up some dirt from inside(it may not be completely wiped up). I even tried to rearrange the cables and such. Now, if I press the power button, it only shows the power indicator, but it won't boot. I'm just puttoping it to rest right now hoping that it would back up tomorrow when I turn it on.

I have Velocity Micro with Windows XP SP3 (update progression). Motherboard: ASUS. I posted this using my laptop. I appreciate any help or input.

Thanks,
G.

Relevancy 44.72%

For a while now i had a problem with my computer crashing when i play moderately computer intensive game. Games like Euro truck sim will make my computer turn off/ crash in a matter of minutes while far cry 4 cant get passed the loading screen except for the first time i played and that time it only lasted 20 mins. This power supply however works most of the time no problem. Its an 850w so power consumption shouldn't be the problem. it may be worth noting i just got a new gpu (gtx 970 used to have a 550ti). Thanks!
Power supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-182-072

Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys First off great forum I ve learned alot from this place Now I have a problem I cant seem to solve or find in the archives My computer will just randomly lock up after being on the internet Sometimes it happens after a few minutes somtimes after It can be really frustrating because it s so random There doesn t seem to be a method to what s happeneing I ll go to load a page or something and my computer will just freeze and have the hourglass turning constantly When I go down to the taskbar it will turn back into the arrow but I can t click anything And I can t Ctl-alt-delete to get to the task manager so I just have to unplug the computer It to keeps unplug have hourglass just locks turning, computer computer up, XP seems to come and go There s no parrellel I can see in the sites or what I m doing they re XP computer locks up, hourglass just keeps turning, have to unplug computer not heavy pages or intense flash video or anything Just checking XP computer locks up, hourglass just keeps turning, have to unplug computer email and googling stuff and it just happens I ve ran XP computer locks up, hourglass just keeps turning, have to unplug computer a norton virus check multiple times and turned up nothing and I m lost Please help Here s my tech specs if they ll help - Windows xp - multiple browsers tried out with explorer firefox opera - pentium ghz gb ram gb hd - Adelphia cable internet through a cisco wireless cable router I have another computer that I ve plugged into the cable internet and never ran into the problem so I think it s gotta be something software or hardware related Thanks so much for any tips or advice you can offer Bill nbsp

A:XP computer locks up, hourglass just keeps turning, have to unplug computer

forgot to mention it's Internet explorer 6.0 where the problem occurrs most (but it's happened in all browers, mozilla and opera too)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-computer-locks-up-hourglass-just-keeps-turning-have-to-unplug-computer.35574/
Relevancy 44.29%

If I don't play a 3D game a high settings or equivalent for the first few minutes after turning on my computer it will completely freeze up and sometimes even black screen but still stay powered on. My specs are in the picture http://i.imgur.com/PJQwk.png I'm running windows 7 64 bit

A:Computer freezes if i don't do something graphics intensive after turning my computer

anything listed in the event viewer

what does the bios list for 12v line volts and cpu temp

check the ram voltage in the bios and on the makers website and that it is set to the higher end

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-if-i-dont-do-something-graphics-intensive-after-turning-my-computer.1070011/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone - I am a new member of the forum and My computer keep and I and freezing have the to computer turning keeps off screen on hope that someone reading My computer screen keeps freezing and I have to keep turning the computer on and off this might be able to help me with a problem I have with my computer In recent weeks the computer screen keeps freezing with the cursor being replaced by the hour glass symbol This usually happens after several hours computer usage - but sometimes it occurs soon after the computer is turned on When this happens I am unable to log off the computer on off button does not work when the screen freezes and I have to turn the computer off at the mains In order to be able to log back into my broadband internet connection I have to turn the computer and and off twice and then on again Sometimes when the computer screen image freezes a message box appears always saying quot End programme quot i e quot End programme - CiceroUIWndFrame quot or quot End programme - mixer quot My computer runs on the Windows XP operating system I changed from Internet Explorer browser to yesterday but the problem of the computer screen freezing persists Any helpful advice on this would be much appreciated nbsp

A:My computer screen keeps freezing and I have to keep turning the computer on and off

How old is your computer? Have you ever reinstalled your OS?

What I usually recommend is if your computer is at least a couple of years old and have yet to do a clean install of your Operating System now is the time, especially when it starts acting up =)

Windows XP Clean Installation - Partitioning and Formatting using Windows XP CD
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/XPClean.htm
http://www.theeldergeek.com/xp_home_install_-_graphic.htm
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

How to format your hard drive and install Windows XP from scratch
http://lifehacker.com/software/wind...nd-install-windows-xp-from-scratch-157578.php

Windows XP Clean Install (Interactive Setup)
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-screen-keeps-freezing-and-i-have-to-keep-turning-the-computer-on-and-off.692810/
Relevancy 43%

Dell Studio XPS MT yrs old intel i CPU bit operating system GB ram but when you right-click computer properties it says GB ram I have been having this problem for a month We leave the computer on at night half the time and half the time turn it off One morning it would not turning not on. Computer turn on only had an amber blink when you pushed the power button My warrenty from Dell is expired but I did get some tech support and at one point got the pc on which gave me a CMOS message Computer not turning on. Dell told me I needed to call the Geek Squad which I cannot afford at this time so I got onto this forum and read alot of posts by many user s and the end result was I bought a new CR battery and installed it Everything is good pc powers up as it should clock issue fixed Let me just say the Computer not turning on. only change to this Computer not turning on. computer and it was around the time this issue started was that I updated the graphics card for an online MMORPG game that I play The graphics driver is and ATI Radeon HD I went to the AMD site and updated RAM issue I just noticed before starting this post is that pc says gb ram my invoice says and I m sure the computer has said previously On to the issue After replacing the battery things worked fine I like to leave the pc on at night last week in the am I came to the computer and it was on but totally unresponsive black screen mouse movement and enter key made no difference I held the power button down turned it off and of course it wouldn t turn back on I got on the Dell mini came t this website read some more ended up reseating everything battery out for mins computer then turned on The next day same issue black screen etc powered down by holding power button Waited a few mins hit power it blinked orange tried again in mins it blinked orange but I held the button down it turned white and pc came on No error messages at any time at reboots except of course windows did not shut down properly etc Yesterday the motherboard beeped at me single repeating beeps I quit counting after Today I did get more beeps double repeating beeps that i also quit counting after sets I have read about the power supply on these degading might that be the issue I have read about people jumpering wires to figure out the issue which I am not prepared to do It seems like if you unplug the pc take the battery out reseat everything plug it in it will work again Today when I did it I hit power and had a flashing amber light hit and held the power button which then turned white and came on I am at the end of what I know to do to fix or diagnose the problem any help ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 43%

My computer wanted to reboot for windows upgrade but then wouldn't shut down completely. I forced it to shut down and restart and now it starts up shows the windows screen then flashes for a second a blue screen then shuts downs and restarts again. I have tried going into safe mode but it won't let me it just continues to start shut down and start again. What could cause this?

A:computer turning off and on

Sounds like a problem with the update. If you have the original disk I think you can restore it.
I mean the original disk that. The full copy of windows.

Let someone confirm that first you don't want to lose any info.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-turning-off-and-on-658607.html
Relevancy 43%

I don t know why but my computer keeps turning off if I m not active for a while or am too active many windows opened or sth Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP Dodatek SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS is help! turning ;( off My computer system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system qttask exe My computer is turning off ;( help! C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C PROGRA Labtec LABTEC Keyboard exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA INCRED bin IMAPP EXE C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http search bearshare com sidebar html src ssb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search bearshare com sidebar html src ssb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search bearshare com sidebar html src ssb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mystart incredimail com english R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http uk search yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName amp amp cza R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run BearFlix quot C Program Files BearFlix BearFlix exe quot pause O - HKLM Run Onet pl AutoUpdate C Program Files Common Files Onet pl AutoUpdate exe tsr O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run svchost C Program Files Internet Explorer Setup svchost exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS system qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run KeyBoard C PROGRA Labtec LABTEC Keyboard exe O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - HKCU Run BitTorrent quot C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe quot --force start minimized O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run IncrediMail C Program Files IncrediMail bin IncMail exe c O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet O - Extra context menu item E amp ksport do programu Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EX... Read more

A:My computer is turning off ;( help!

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!

Run HJT again and put a check in the following:

- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = http://search.bearshare.com/sidebar.html?src=ssb
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://search.bearshare.com/sidebar.html?src=ssb
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://search.bearshare.com/sidebar.html?src=ssb
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [svchost] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\svchost.exe

Close all applications and browser windows before you click "fix checked".

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.

Click Close to exit the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-is-turning-off-help.585835/
Relevancy 43%

Hi, I have a brand new corsair psu 850 that i got for my birthday on July 17, 2010. Computer worked like a dream on Sat and sun. Monday it does not turn on. Fan briefly stutters then turns off nothing else appears to be running. HOweve the light on the motherboard indicates that it is receiving power and thinks it is turned on.
Please help. Any ideas?

A:Computer not turning on

It could be the power supply is defective. Corsair makes good power supplies and I use them myself but sometimes this can happen just like with any other component. Do you have access to another PSU you can substitute to test with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-turning-on.150252/
Relevancy 43%

alright

i have a Dell, windows XP
When i log in everything loads like its going to work but then after the last thing loads it goes to a black screen and you can't do nothing, but you can sign in on safe mode, have any idea of what to do in safe mode to fix it???

A:computer keeps turning off

First option I would choose would be safe mode and doing a system restore to a day before this started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-turning-off.520789/
Relevancy 43%

My left mouse button is not functioning correctly The mouse itself is functioning correctly The sensitivity the right mouse button and the scroll wheel all work fine but the left mouse button doesn t So I bought a HP Computer and I have had it for about a year now with the turning off Computer mouse The mouse is automatically connected to the computer wirelessly but it doesn t require a USB slot sorry I don t know the specifics I am very nooby when it comes to tech Sometimes when I play games the mouse just stops working randomly and I have to restart my computer by holding in the button My left mouse button recently has started to not function correctly When I try to click on something times it will work Most of the Computer turning off time I will have to click again or times before it will click I can however click the mouse button with an extra bit of force and it will work correctly however I am a gamer and if I do this all the time the mouse will probably break I don t know if this problem could have to do with my programs I have Windows I run avast Computer turning off which I installed today before my mouse started to not function correctly however Computer turning off it worked normally for about hours after installing avast I have gone to mouse preferences and tried to fix it there but to no avail Any help would be appreciated thank you nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Whenever I turn off my Computer for some reason I get an error stating that AIM exe is still running and needs to be shut down But AIM wasn t even open Please help me with this Also please tell me anything that is in there but shouldn t be Thanks FuSiON Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM Turning Off.. AIM.exe When Computer on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files When Turning Computer Off.. AIM.exe Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Antivirus navapsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton When Turning Computer Off.. AIM.exe SystemWorks Norton Antivirus SAVScan exe C Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www completedestruction com O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Antivirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Antivirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run nForce Tray Options sstray exe r O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward amp Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cac amp hed Snapshot of Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Si amp milar Pages - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button Messenger Addon HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Messenger Addon HKLM O - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider xfire lsp dll missing O - DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab cab O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB O - DPF B - E - EA - B - F A BC MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MessengerStatsPAClient cab cab O - DPF E D DE - - -A - DFAD A D MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MessengerStatsClient cab cab O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode iuctl CAB O - DPF B BE E -A C- D -A DC- ZoneIntro Class - http messenger zone msn com binary ZIntro cab cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF F C - E - B - A -BA D D D Secure Delivery - http www gamespot com KDX download kdx cab nbsp

A:When Turning Computer Off.. AIM.exe

AIM from AOL, their stand alone Instant Message program is always running by default in the system tray. You can go into the options of AIM and disable it from starting when Windows starts. Also, you need to right click the icon in the systemtray (systray) down by the clock and EXIT it. If your problem persists, then go to AOL.com and download the program again and re-install it. It is not uncommom for a bad install of this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-turning-computer-off-aim-exe.248687/
Relevancy 43%

hey there... a few weeks ago i posted a question about my cpu that was not turning on. I went like a week ago to geek squad(rip-off) and they charge me like $70 just for telling me that they do not know what the problem is , anywayz, i gave my cpu to a friend and he checked for me, and he said that the problem is the hard drive. I changed the PSU because I though that the PSU was dead, and it was not that. I have no idea what it is. Could it be the hard drive? I don't think so.. any ideas guys?, thanks.

Relevancy 43%

BSOD issue originally appeared to be a hardware issue It appears that was wrong I ran the Event viewer and I don t really know what it is telling me I am concerned with the entry of Log System Date Time AM I didn t even get out of bed until am Is there a virus or something trying to turn on my computer Any other info is computer? turning my on Who about the Who is turning on my computer? log would be helpful Thanks FP Vino s Event Viewer v c run on Windows in English Report run at PM Note All dates below are in the format dd mm yyyy System Who is turning on my computer? Log - Critical Type Log System Date Time PM Type Critical Category Event Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly System Log - Error Type Log System Date Time AM Type Error Category Event Source Microsoft-Windows-WMPNSS-Service A new media server was not initialized due to error x Restart your computer and then restart the WMPNetworkSvc service If the problem persists in Windows Media Player turn off media sharing and then turn it back on Log System Date Time AM Type Error Category Event Source Microsoft-Windows-WMPNSS-Service Service WMPNetworkSvc did not start correctly because MFCreateWMPMDEOpCenter encountered error xc d b If possible reinstall Windows Media Player Log System Date Time AM Type Error Category Event Source Microsoft-Windows-WMPNSS-Service A media delivery engine with ID x was not initialized because RegisterDelegate encountered error Restart your computer and then restart the WMPNetworkSvc service Log System Date Time AM Type Error Category Event Source Microsoft-Windows-WMPNSS-Service Service WMPNetworkSvc did not start correctly because MFCreateWMPMDEOpCenter encountered error xc d b If possible reinstall Windows Media Player Log System Date Time AM Type Error Category Event Source Microsoft-Windows-WMPNSS-Service Service WMPNetworkSvc did not start correctly because MFCreateWMPMDEOpCenter encountered error xc d b If possible reinstall Windows Media Player Log System Date Time AM Type Error Category Event Source Service Control Manager The Software Protection service terminated with the following error The system cannot find the file specified Log System Date Time AM Type Error Category Event Source Service Control Manager The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load aswFW aswSnx aswTdi spldr Log System Date Time AM Type Error Category Event Source Service Control Manager The Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder service failed to start due to the following error The driver was not loaded because the system is booting into safe mode Log System Date Time AM Type Error Category Event Source Service Control Manager The Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I O Driver service failed to start due to the following error The driver was not loaded because the system is booting into safe mode Log System Date Time AM Type Error Category Event Source EventLog The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected Log System Date Time AM Type Error Category Event Source Service Control Manager The Service Control Manager tried to take a corrective action Restart the service after the unexpected termination of the Multimedia Class Scheduler service but this action failed with the following error An instance of the service is already running Log System Date Time AM Type Error Category Event Source Service Control Manager The Service Control Manager tried to take a corrective action Restart the service after the unexpected termination of the Windows Management Instrumentation service but this action failed with the following error An instance of the service is already running Log System Date Time AM Type Error Category Event Source Service Control Manager The Service Control Manager tried to take a corrective action Restart the service after the unexpected termination of the Shell Hardwa... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416605/who-is-turning-on-my-computer/
Relevancy 43%

After leaving my PC on over night I found it off in the morning.

On trying to turn it on it would turn off again after 2 or 3 seconds.
I first suspected a faulty power supply, but after replacing that it was not the case.
I now suspect the motherboard is the problem. But before buying a new one I am loooking for some sound advice or experience on such a problem.

Could someone please lend their knowledge to this problem?

Thanks

Boris

3000XP
GA-7VA
1 gig Kingston 3200 ram
Gigabyte 9600XT
450W PSU

A:computer turning off

Check that all fans are running especially the 1s on the CPU & VGA card.

If you remove the memory , does the mobo beep ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turning-off.227342/
Relevancy 43%

guys..ok well i jus replaced a cpu fan..to a better intel fan...and it comes up to my bios screen and i turn on the computer...then the cpu fan goes haywire and spins as fast as it can....then my computer automatically shuts down...

any clue??

i need a quick answer..cuz i got homework

A:computer turning on then off...

I've got two theories...

Either you installed the fan wrong... maybe you didn't use some thermal paste?...

or the fan is broken.

It sounds like your CPU is overheating... then trying to save itself it speeds up the fan (I assume you have some type of cool & quiet or other type of fan speed override enabled in the BIOS)... then as a last ditch effort, the PC is instantly shut off to save the CPU from becoming nothing more than a little brick of black chared metal.

I'd remove the "new" CPU fan... and make sure it's installed correctly... and if you didn't use any... make sure you put some thermal paste... and not too much. You should only use about the size of a pea of the stuff.... it's also possible that you put way too much paste on... in that case, remove some.

If you've already considered this and you've already ensured the fan is seated correctly on the CPU... did you buy the correct heatsink/fan combo for your processor type?

Not all fans are created equal...

also.... if your PC worked fine with the other fan, why did you replace it?

TK.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/104079-computer-turning-then-off.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a Windows 7 x64 installation at work, and for some reason MSE keeps turning off, and I get a little popup telling me it is deactivated, and that I should turn it on. It happens most when I'm using my browser (Firefox), but I only visit specific websites that I have been using for years for work related functions.

Turning on MSE takes forever. I've run scans with both MSE and MalwareBytes and turned up nothing. I'm not certain what to look for in the event viewer, or in any of the logs to see why this is happening.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks.

Work Machine Specs:

Phenom II 965 BE
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO motherboard
1 x WD 500 GB drive
Sapphire Radeon HD6450 vid card
Logitech KB and mouse
Generic 450W PSU

A:MSE keeps turning off while using the computer

Does your work use another corporate anti-virus product by any chance?

If you upload the eventviewer log, I'll have a look if you like.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/367508-mse-keeps-turning-off-while-using-computer.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey all. I've run into apoblem with my computer. For some reason, it is not turning on. It wasworking fine yesterday but now it won't turn on. I've tried turning it on every now and then but with no luck. My computer is an eMachines,about 3 or 4 years old. Is there any solution to this other than hoping it will just turn on again sometime? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

A:Help! Computer is not turning on!

Warm welcome to the forum, paradox.

Have you checked the cabling at the rear of the computer?

If you feel confident momentarily short the 2 pins on the motherboard where the switch goes. Or alternatively, If the computer has a reset switch, plug the wires onto the pins for the On/Off switch and try starting with the reset switch.

Give this a try and report back to us.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-computer-is-not-turning-on-123643.html
Relevancy 43%

ok iv built a pc... it works... but wen i play any game.... after playin for a little... the computer will just turn off... on idle... the cpu temperature is about 55 degrees and the mobo is about 38 degrees. i have 2 cooling fans. not over clocked.... y the **** does it just turn off??? ..hmm.... anyways im runin an Intel P4 3.0ghz, ASUS P5ND2-SLI, ATI X1600XT, Corsair DDR2 512mb x 2..... meh yer... oh i have a 500W Omni psu. yer i dunno wat the problem is.

Relevancy 43%

So another problem with a computer not starting up Basically I use this computer in my lab and when I left for christmas I shut the system down When I returned about a week later and tried to turn it on the power would come on for about sec and then shut down It took about - tries for the system to boot up Two weeks later I move into a new lab and bring the computer in to set it up Same problem occurs where it will come on for sec and then nothing After - tries it gets into windows but I need to restart and when I do it just shuts down and will not come back on same sec power on So I proceed to open the case and clean out and dust in it and push down on the connections to make sure Still nothing so I take the heat sink off of the chip Athlon and clean it off I put it back on and now nothing will turn on no not on turning Computer sec power up nothing Figuring the power supply went even though the green power light is still on the Asus A n X motherboard that is in the Computer not turning on system I buy a new Antec power supply and install it Same issue no power up what Computer not turning on so ever and but the green power light on the MOBO is lit So my question is does this sound like I killed the mobo cpu Since the loss of any powerup started after I took off then put back on the cpu heatsink fan I am thinking something happened then But there are no visible issues with the motherboard and the chip never was unseated just the heat sink and fan Also I tried switching the power and reset button leads on the mobo to see if it was a switch issue and still no luck and I also tried a paperclip and a screwdriver to short the power connectors on the motherboard and still no sign of life Any help or ideas or should I just bite the bullet on a new mobo cpu Thanks for any help nbsp

I'm wondering if you left it plugged in during Christmas even though the system was shut down and you had an unexpected power surge that fried something. I thought perhaps in your move you loosened something but after reading the entire story you have all ready taken that into consideration.
If I couldn't get a spark on the posts with a screwdriver I think I'd be looking for a new Motherboard and take the opportunity to acquire a new cpu with it. That's just my thoughts. Let us know...Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-turning-on.674828/
Relevancy 43%

I recently built a new computer with a nforce 680i motherboard, 8800GTX graphics card, BFG tech 800W PSU, Intel 8400 Core 2 duo and 4 gigs of ram in an antec 900 case.

Whenever i try to install windows, the computer just turns off in the middle of the install. As in it just turns off, no shutdown or anything, everything just dies.

Any idea as to why and how i can fix it?

A:Computer Keeps Turning Off

Hi Uncle Yang !

How many minutes remaining in the installation process when the computer turns off ?

First thing to check would be the hardware : enter the BIOS and check your temps, fan speeds and voltages. Report them here. See if your CPU and RAM are supported by your motherboard : check the memory QVL and BIOS release notes. Update the BIOS to the latest revision.

Tell us more about your system : brands and models of the motherboard, video card, hard drives, CD/DVD drives, PCI cards and RAM. Check the posting system specs link in my sig.

Use at least an XP SP2 CD to install, you can slipstream the latest service pack on your original SP1 or pre-SP1 CD :
Slipstream SP2
Slipstream SP3 (needs an XP SP1 or SP2 CD to start the slipstreaming process)

Unplug all devices that are not needed during the installation, leave only the system drive, CD drive, video card and one ram stick in the DIMM1 slot. Use a PS/2 keyboard and mouse. Unplug all other drives, pci cards and external devices. You can install them one at a time once Windows is installed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-keeps-turning-off-257043.html
Relevancy 43%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor LE-1250, x64 Family 15 Model 127 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 3518 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 142290 MB, Free - 35622 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 5035 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RY206
Antivirus: The Shield Deluxe 2009 Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled In starting up windows I ge a black scerrn with parts of the computer listed lower left corner says to click F1 to boot and then it does doot to windows 7 Why do I get that screen? Also clicking Computer it lists a floopy drive ? I don't have a floopy in the computer.

A:turning on computer

In starting up windows I ge a black scerrn with parts of the computer listed lower left corner says to click F1 to boot and then it does doot to windows 7 Why do I get that screen?Click to expand...

because it may have seen some hardware that is now faulty
what does the screen say exactly

I have that on a PC occasionally with an intermittent NIC LAN card fault

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turning-on-computer.1049994/
Relevancy 43%

When I switch on my computer it works fine for up to 5-10 minutes, then it will just switch off randomly.
When I go to turn it back on it will turn on again, but will continue to turn off infrequently.
If computer specs are required let me know and I will post everything as soon as possible. Thanks in advance, Regards maxighirl.

Relevancy 43%

Shortly after getting my motherboard and CPU replaced, my computer started shutting it's self off. It occurs mostly if I have been using it for a while, or if I leave it on for a while, but if after it shuts off, I turn it back on, and start using it again it will shut it's self off again, and it will happen more frequently until it rests for a few days. Do you think it is my motherboard or my power supply? I have a 533 MHz Celeron processor with 256 MB of RAM The fan was just replaced about a year ago.
Thanks for the help
Chris

Relevancy 43%

dont know if this a virus or whats really going on with my comp, i will be on from 2 mins - 1 hr and it will just shut off into power saving mode.
im wondering if anyone can give me any help or thoughts i have scanned a million times

dont know if this a virus or whats really going on with my comp, i will be on from 2 mins - 1 hr and it will just shut off into power saving mode.im wondering if anyone can give me any help or thoughts i have scanned a million timesThis could be many different problems. Lets start with so easy fixes to see if they work first. 1. Go to "Start>Control Panel>Power Options"2. Now under "Power Schemes" tab make it say "Always on" and also the "Settings for Always On power schemes area" Should all be set at "Never" click Apply and ok.3. If that doesn't work your computer may be overheating. Overheating is a major problem with computers turning off all of a sudden. If it is over heating try cleaning out the insides of your computer and also installing some better fans.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37767/computer-keeps-turning-off/
Relevancy 43%

I have a Gateway PC and I have a problem turning it on. Sometimes I have to hit the button 3 or 4 times b4 it starts. Anyone else have that problem?

Relevancy 43%

hi guys thing is for the past 3 months everytime i start up my computer, before it gets to the windows page it shuts the computer off, and restarts again. My cousin who is a technician, it is not a fan problem as i would be hearing a bleeping noise and the computer wouldnt start up, he also said its not a HD problem as i dont get a disk error message. But he did say that its possibly windows is corrupt. Guys im so angry with this problem, what can i do and is he right.

A:computer turning off?

Same in Safe Mode?
Did you try Last Known Good Configuration?
Do you have Windows CD?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/302742/computer-turning-off/
Relevancy 43%

Hi, the other day i was just browsing the internet on my PC, and all of a sudden one of my fans started going crazy and it eventually started to slow down and stop. Iv taken my PC apart and discovered it is a fan on a nVidia heat sink attached to the motherboard. This heat sink has a metal rod that goes to the graphics cards of mine which are bridged 9800 GTs.

Can anybody identify this component so i can replace it/get a new fan for it if possible? Iv never seen one before, not brilliant with computers these days...

Thanks in advance for any help, heres the picture

Relevancy 43%

I have a Compaq (fairly old) that when you push the power button, it will turn on for about 1-2 seconds and then shuts back off. During the 1-2 seconds that the pc turns on, you can see the fans for the heat sink and for the power supply turn on. It looks like they both reach the peak of speed and then that is when the pc shuts off. If you keep pushing the power button none-stop, you can actually get the fan to stay at a steady speed (Probably not good for the pc but it may help solve the problem). I replaced the power supply, re-applied new thermal paste for the heat sink, and made sure everything is installed on the board correctly and firmly. Any ideas of what may be causing this? I do not have any tools to test the hardware. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 43%

my freind has a compaq presario sr1403wm and after she turned it off and unplugged it for a storm and later she tried to turn it on and nothing, there is also a green flashing light on back so can anybody please help to turn it on!!!

A:Computer not turning on!!

read the no POST guide in the guides forum. I hope she had an UPS or a surge protector.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-turning-on.75142/
Relevancy 43%

Recently a computer in a different room was giving me problems It kept turning Turning Off Computer Keeps off on me usually within a minute after booting up Sometimes I got to the desktop but then it would turn Computer Keeps Turning Off off So I put it in my room to work on it and I thought I fixed it I left it on for days in my room no problems I put it back in the other room and within Computer Keeps Turning Off a minute it did it again I thought it was the power cable but I switched it with the one in my room and still the same problem So I tried the surge protector same problem The power supply is fine as I tested it earlier I Plugged the surge protector in a different outlet Computer Keeps Turning Off still the same problem Also everything plugged into the surge protector and everything plugged in in the room works fine You think the problem exists in the circuitry in the room or might there be a computer problem Computer Specs for the computer are pretty outdated Its an old custom built computer for work purposes Its around years old But as it worked in my room I don t think it should be an issue -Thanks nbsp

I would check the CPU temp in BIOS. Just switching off is usually due to overheat.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-turning-off.594084/
Relevancy 43%

I came to my computer this morning, and since I always have it on I noticed that my montor read "no signal". I checked my computer, and the green LED in the front was on but everything else had stopped inside. I tried to restart it with the switch in the back of the computer and the same thing happened; the green LED would light up, but nothing else would do anything (this includes the fans).
What could be wrong? How could I fix this?

Relevancy 43%

My computer isn't turning on, I've tried multiple power cables and different powerboards. How can I tell any signs of something breaking inside the computer (it's a desktop). What do I look for signs of?

Thanks.

A:Computer Not Turning On?

physical signs of damage are rare, occasionally youll see a blow capacitor or resistor, basically anything burnt and unhealthy looking is Bad!

but its not always the case, ifs of all id check your power supply. if you have a volt meter and or a degree of knowledge about electricity you could quickly determine if theres any life when you press the power button.

the power button is also a good place to start. unplug it and touch the 2 pins together with a screw driver.
if it turns on, its a simple fix, if it doesnt and you cant test your power supply, see if you can borrow one from a friend.
I have a super cheap ?10 jobbie from ebay that I use to test. I literally only plug in the essential cables and press the power button, if it turns on, I turn it off straight away and have my answer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/330400-computer-not-turning.html
Relevancy 43%

when I am playing a game (that worked before0 or watching something on HULU or Youtube my computer will power off in the middle somewheres...all at different times, I just had a new video card installed and I have done system restore and I have already defragged and cleaned the disk I want to know why my laptop is doing this...it does it when i am NOT online aswell

A:my computer keeps turning off

Hello jasontje

If this did not happen before you got the new video card, try updating the drivers for it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-keeps-turning-off-475800.html
Relevancy 43%

hi, my computer is not turning on anymore
i woke up today to use it, but it didnt turn on anymore, but it worked yesterday
previously, sometimes my computer didnt turn on, so i turn the power supply off then turn it on again, and then the computer works

now, the computer doesnt turn at alll, except for making one beep noise and then shuts off. The motherboard is a A7N8X-E model.
could it be the PSU? or has my mobo fried up...?

I'm not sure whats going on, but give me your system specs and I will help u.

Also, do you smell anything weird in your mobo? like frying metal or plastic?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-turning-on.58320/
Relevancy 43%

Hey...
My computer has started to turn itself off and when i turn it back on it shows this error message, dose anyone know how to sort it? Thanks much .

A:Help... Computer turning off.

Have you installed any new hardware, or made any other changes to the system? Give as much info as you can, this could be a number of things.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/105860-help-computer-turning-off.html
Relevancy 43%

Alrite i was reaching behind my tower to see plugs and all of a sudden i lost power to the cpu and now it wont start up. Randomly when i press the power button the computer fans spin once along with the mobo lighting up but turns right off again. It never fulls starts up. I posted it under hardware thinking it might be the psu, but im not sure. Any help would be great to get my comp running again

A:COmputer not turning on

Open it up and check all your connections and cards to be sure they have not moved from their slots.

Be sure to run chkdsk /f to repair the damaged file system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-turning-on.984328/
Relevancy 43%

I just built a new computer today (specs are below), and now when I try to turn it on, the lights flash and the fans start and immediately stop spinning. Then, I have to turn it off and wait a few seconds before I can turn it on again. Can anyone tell me what could cause this sort of problem, and what to do to fix it?

AMD Athlon 64 3000+, socket 939
ATI Radeon 9800Pro
CORSAIR ValueSelect 2 x 512MB DDR SDRAM DDR 400
CHAINTECH S1689 Socket 939 ULi M1689 ATX AMD Motherboard
SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series IDE Ultra ATA133 Hard Drive
ATRIX CSCI-L8005-C43 ATX Mid Tower Case
400W Power Supply

A:new computer not turning on

Hey,Yo u said your com din turn on

:slurp: :slurp: Hav u checked your cables?Power Cables?Does the power,the fan inside move or do u feel the wind?Does the processer fan move? if every thing i stated fails,Your Power IS Damaged or Spoiled!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-not-turning-on.27352/
Relevancy 43%

I have a P3 running windows xp pro which turns itself on in the middle of the night! Any ideas how to stop this? Someone has said it might be a virus?
Cheers

A:Computer turning itself on

My computer keeps turning itself on all by itself

Usually this means that the BIOS is set to "wake on LAN" or "wake on modem."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turning-itself-on.221379/
Relevancy 43%

So for the last month or so my computer has been shutting off on its own, and from what I can tell, quite randomly. All of my fans are fine, my CPU is hot, but not too hot to be causing problems. One thing I find curious about it is that when it shuts off I have to unplug the power cord from the computer and plug it back in to get it to turn on again. If it shuts off on its own I can leave it off for days and it will never turn back on unless I unplug and replug the power cord. I took it in and had the PSU tested and it was fine. What in the world could be causing this problem? I may just need a new PSU, but I don't want to buy one if it's not going to solve the problem.

A:Computer Turning Off But I Don't Think It's The CPU

Sounds like the psu's short circuit protection is cutting in, either an actual short is causing it or the psu is faulty. What make and wattage is your psu?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turning-off-but-i-dont-think-its-the-cpu.48775/
Relevancy 43%

Ya...I have an acer travelmate 290 (laptop) and it won't turn on. My brother, the genius he is , pressed a black nub on the corner of the computer (the one that puts it in sleep mode when you close/fold the laptop) and it went black and never started up again. When I press the on button, the cd device activates, the fan turns on for a few seconds then turns off. Nothing comes onto the screen. I've seen the troubleshooting book at the back, made sure the brightness is turned up and I even hooked it up to an external moniter but it was no use...I have no idea what happen or how to fix it...Plz Help!!!

The little button that you are refering to, is I expect the same as the one on the refrigerator that makes the light go out

I have one on my HP laptop as well. On my OLD laptop the button used to stick down occassionally, and I would have to tweak it to get it to pop up all the way.

Give that a try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-turning-on.354238/
Relevancy 43%

I was repairing a computer for a friend. We had to replace the mobo/ power supply. I initially had it booting to windows and it was at the activation screen. I left it for about a week(not on) and since then had to disconnect the power switch/power led and hdd led. Now the computer won't turn on at all(I reconnected the leds and switches). The mobo light comes on but nothing else happens. The computer is a POS celeron on a Intel D845GVSR. I had to remove the switches because the power button got stuck in.

First, u need to test the power supply, you can do this by disconnecting it from the mobo and shorting the green wire to one of the blacks. It should power up fully asif the mobo was connected, if so, then the psu is ok. Next, make sure there are no loose screws in the case, i'd take the mobo out and power it up by placing it ontop of the antistatic bag it came in. Try these and let me know what happens and i will do my best to help. Rik.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-turning-on.27321/
Relevancy 43%

Sys specs
http://img205.exs.cx/img205/9058/dxdiag5gb.png

I don't understand why, but my computer is turning itself on! Just now - 6:08 PM, PST it turned itself on. Could it be someone controlling the computer remotely? Could it have to do with "Hibernate?" Usually I use "Hibernate" to turn off the computer. Please help!

If it helps, the cursor is not in the center of the screen, but about 4/10 of the way, horizontally, left-to-right, and a little bit above the taskbar.

Relevancy 43%

I was using Google Chroe on my Windows 7 laptop and then I closed it and my mouse pointer disappeared. I held in the power button. When I turnt it back on, it said the normal Starting Windows thing it always does, but the Windows logo didn't appear. I left it for half an hour and it still didn't turn on!

PLEASE HELP I AM WORRIED! ALL MY FILES ARE ON THIS LAPTOP!

A:HELP Computer not turning on!

Pull the battery out, keep pressing the power button for 15sec. Then put the battery in and try to boot again

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/help-computer-not-turning-276294/
Relevancy 43%

I am having some problems with a computer switching itself off it may be after minutes or hours there is no consistency in it When it does switch off the power light on the fron of the case is on but all the fans are off and when you hold the case switch in for a few seconds the light does go out I have ran checks on the hard drive motherboard and memory and all passed without a problem I have changed the power supply thinking that may be the problem but still no improvement turning itself Computer off I don t think its heat related because of the wide variation in times that it stays on and the hardware monitor in the BIOS is reporting a processor temp of deg C I have checked for Adware and virus s and found nothing I am thinking that it may be motherboard related but the check in Microsocope reported no problems is it possible to use Microsope to differentiate between motherboard and processor faults Any suggestions would be gratefully received Computer turning itself off nbsp

A:Computer turning itself off

is your thermal sensor shutting it off?
what are the temps on your CPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turning-itself-off.55233/
Relevancy 43%

i turn on my computer and the green light comes on and everything and then its just starts beeping and nothing else happens just beeps

i have no idea what type of computer it is as well

please help me solve this problem

thank you

Haidar

A:My computer isn't turning on

Have a look here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On System Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-isnt-turning-on.116249/
Relevancy 43%

please could someone help me the computer keeps going off when im in the middle of something usually on the internet have done scan and found nothing please could someone look at keeps its off self turning !! computer hijackthis log thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C computer keeps turning its self off !! WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files blueyonder PCguard fws exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files blueyonder PCguard RPS exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C WINDOWS system keyhook exe C WINDOWS system sistray EXE C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program computer keeps turning its self off !! Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files blueyonder IST bin mpbtn exe C Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Pop-Up Blocker BHO - C EA -E A - E -A -D B C A - C Program Files blueyonder PCguard pkR dll O - BHO Form Filler BHO - E D-C B- D -B C- E A - C Program Files blueyonder PCguard FBHR dll O - HKLM Run BigDogPath C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run MMTray quot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe quot O - HKLM Run PCguard quot C Program Files blueyonder PCguard RPS exe quot O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run mmtask C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run SiS Windows KeyHook C WINDOWS system keyhook exe O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run SiS Tray C WINDOWS system sistray EXE O - HKLM Run Picasa Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Global Startup blueyonder Instant Support Tool lnk C Program Files blueyonder IST bin matcli exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF D DB D - EC - A -BD - E E BB - http ak imgfarm com images nocache funwebproducts ei CursorManiaFWBInitialSetup cab O - DPF F-F B- B D- DF- B B Minesweeper Flags Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MineSweeper cab cab O - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http spaces msn com PhotoUpload MsnPUpld cab... Read more

Relevancy 43%

hay,

When i am in a hurry i just hold my on switch to my comp for 5 secods and my computer turnsa off. My computer definitly saounds like it is turned off except my keyboard and my mouse r still on and when i press a key/move my mouse the computer turns back on. Is my computer still on when i do that? If so then does tht mean i have wasted all that electricity?
ps:When i turn my computer off (Start>Shutdown) it turns off, the keyboard and everything but not the mouse. When i move the mouse the comp does not turn back on. Wots up with that?

pss- i have an AMD Athlon1.8ghz and win xp

A:is my computer turning off?

it sounds like your computer is going into "sleep" mode instead of shutting off.

I would recomment just clicking start/shut down when ever you want to turn off the computer... its easier on the computer that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-computer-turning-off.158631/
Relevancy 43%

My computer turns off, a while after it is turned on. My computer's a pentium D, and initially i thought it was something o do with the cpu, i cleaned the heat sinks and cleaned out the copper dome, i dusted everything with a brush, except i used a vacuum for hard to reach places. I ran the computer with half the casing missing, so i could see what's going on.
I felt everywhere for heat, and it turns out that the power supply is fine and it is in fact my graphics card (Geforce 7600) was extremely hot, but i'm not too sure if something else is causing the problem. I can't get into windows beacause it shuts off before i even have a chance, please help me, do i need to replace someparts or do i need a new hard drive?
All fans are functioning properly, none are clogged with dust.

A:computer keeps turning off?

If you boot into your bios is your system doing the same thing? Shutting off? Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-turning-off.786461/
Relevancy 43%

Hello,

I am not sure if its a hardware issue or software issue., but when i turn my pc on after about 3-5 seconds it turns itself off then turns itself on again and keeps doing this..
anyone know why this may be?

A:computer keeps turning on and off

I had a similar issue recently and it was the Power Supply.
I would be checking the PSU first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-turning-on-and-off.1150037/
Relevancy 43%

Hey! I bet u heard this thread a million times and I'm really sorry if it's a repeat but I really need someone's help. This morning I turned my computer on, stayed for an hour or so, turned it off and went back to sleep. i wake up and i pressn the button to turn it on... and it doesn't. nothing was burning. nothing happened as far as i know. it just won't turn on. i'm sorry. i'm really helpless at this. can anyone guess what is wrong?? please.

thankyou so much.

A:computer not turning on

DO you hear the fans and hard drive spinning? Check the plugs on the power supply, surge supressor if you have one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-turning-on.54526/
Relevancy 43%

The computer is turning off by it self when the computer is gone to sleep (hibernation mode) it has not do this when using the computer only does this in sleep (hibernation mode) why is that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turning-off-my-it-self.943844/
Relevancy 43%

Hi

I was just using my computer when it just switched itself off randomly. Now everytime i try to turn on the PC it just turns off and turns back on again.

The steps are:

1. Turn computer on.
2. Light on the Computer comes on.
3. Switches off.
4. Switches back on.
5. Switches off again....

It keeps repeating that until i turn the computer off at the mains.

I'm not really sure what the problem is and thought you guys might be able to help me .

How long does it stay on for?? Does it look like its trying to start booting??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-turning-on.60882/
Relevancy 43%

i recently had the ultimate defender virus. sometime after (i'd installed various trust-worthy pop-up blockers, comp cleaners, etc) my ibm laptop, windows xp professional, stopped turning on. the start-up screen would go and then it would black for a second, like it normally does, before the log-in screen appears. but then it would go black and i would have to pop the battery and try to open it again.

finally, after pulling the plug many times, it went on. i downloaded and installed soptzilla, which completely removed the virus and other fake error messages id been receiving. then i rebooted the comp so the changes could take effect.

it does not open anymore, i have to pull the plug while its in the start-up screen and restart it, and then open windows in safe mode. ive done a system restore more than once and still nothing helps.

any help pls???

A:Computer Not Turning On!

Hi Muka, welcome to BC!

Just so I understand, are you able to log into safe mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/121479/computer-not-turning-on/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I have computers at home - laptops connected via Wi-Fi and desktop connected via Ethernet Last night randomly one of off Computer turning itself and on by the laptops windows turned off by itself Computer turning on and off by itself and I lost internet connection on the other laptop MacBook Pro at the same time but Computer turning on and off by itself the internet was working fine on my desktop windows At first I ignored it and thought it was coincidental but the windows laptop wouldn't turn on that easily until after few minutes when I get internet back on my MacBook Pro Then about minutes later the same thing happens and it happens one more time later that night I restored my router Arris model and has built in modem to its original factory settings and then unplugged it In the morning when I go to plug it back in the desktop which is connected to it via Ethernet suddenly turns on by itself which now makes this even more complicated What do you think is going on Why would the MacBook Pro never shut off but the windows laptop shuts off causing the MacBook Pro to lose internet connection Also plugging the router into AC power causing the desktop to turn on by itself as well is something I've never dealt with before I did many virus scans using Avast Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware on both windows and computers and nothing showed up I have never messed with the BIOS or changed any settings on any computer or on the router but this problem is strange and I can't seem to understand what is going on I'd appreciate if anyone could help me

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520437/computer-turning-on-and-off-by-itself/
Relevancy 43%

should i turn the computer off when not in use?

A:turning the computer off

i do if i am away from 2-3 hrs , and definately at bedtime .....some leave there`s on all the time but windows needs a boot-up now and then .......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turning-the-computer-off.273621/
Relevancy 43%

Sometimes while visiting club live com with firefox browser and playing one of the flash games the computer monitor loses the turning not Computer on signal like the computer turned off but the computer keyboard and mouse Computer not turning on are still lit up like it s on That s the first part the second is twice when turning on the computer the main part turns on but nothing on the monitor and the keyboard mouse don t light up It just sits there with the hard drive light on I end up disconnecting the computer and opening it up to get it to work again The computer Computer not turning on was bought September of I m thinking it s the hard drive I ve run my anti virus program and spy bot search and destroy and found nothing The turning off problem started a week and a harlf ago the not turning on happed on July and today When it did it today it was after it cut off while I was playing one of those flash games on firefox nbsp

Relevancy 43%

My computer turns off by itself. I hate this problem so much. I'm not sure if this goes here but I have a Windows Vista so I thought it would. At first it would turn of once in a while. Now after an hour or so it goes off. It gets really annoying I don't even want to use it. Its fairly new - like 2 years. Can someone please explain whats going on and what I can do to solve it? I'm not really that good when it comes to computers. thanks all!

A:Computer keeps turning off by itself

Sudden system shutdown is often related to excessive heat buildup. Be sure the laptop is elevated for air flow. Clean air vents with compressed air.

Use SpeedFan to check temps - http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-keeps-turning-off-by-itself-535596.html
Relevancy 43%

I have Windows XP. When I try to turn off computer I get a something where I hit end now.This keeps coming up 3- 15 times before shutting down.

Please Help!

Relevancy 43%

Hello guys. I tried upgrading my computer's RAM. When I did I tried opening my computer. It stars running for a few seconds and then shuts down. Then it starts up again and makes these beeping noises. The monitor was still blank and my tablet and keyboard indicates it not on. Can someone pinpoint the problem for me please? The beeps are long and they keep going.

My computer is a Dell Dimension 9150.

A:Computer is not turning on

Long continuous beeps: I suspect no memory, incompatible memory, bad memory or memory not inserted properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-is-not-turning-on.830273/
Relevancy 43%

Hey I [HELP] itself off turning Computer did search this topic before [HELP] Computer turning itself off i posted but there seems to be lots of variations of problems Anyway My computer as recently has been randomly turning itself off for no reason At first this was once week but now every few hours Once it turns itself off it won t turn back on for at least minutes I first thought it was the cpu temp but I checked it ands its c and then check the graphics card temp which is also fine My friend advised to run virus scan which I do but every time its halfway through the computer turns off Also I was importing a CD via iTunes and it also turned itself off All this really started happening after i replaced the graphics card so I could have monitors running All worked great until it started to turn of randomly I am running a pc with windows xp Home edition - Service Pack Intel Pentium CPU HHz RAM Need some help thanks way in advance cheers nbsp

A:[HELP] Computer turning itself off

check your cpu temp with a windows based program, CPU is idleing in bios so temp would be low

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-computer-turning-itself-off.49481/
Relevancy 43%

I need HELP! I have a computer and i think i have all compatable parts but it won't turn on. Yes it is plugged up. Please help me

little more information would be helpfull

Is this a new machine or older

Has it worked previously or is this the first boot.

By I think I have all compatible parts, what does this mean, have you done anything to the machine before the problem started.

If it's a new machine, please list the components you have installed, ie processor, motherboard, memory, add in cards, drives, etc.

If older, what os are you running, what does it do when you try to boot it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-turning-on.84040/
Relevancy 43%

My computer keeps shutting itself down. I checked the power system under the control panel and everything is clear they're. I'm thinking something is wrong with the power supply but I played with the little red and black doo-hickey next to the fan and I turned it on, but nothing showed up on my monitor. I noticed a lot of dust on the back and maybe that has something to do with it? Well let me send this thread before it kicks off again...I'd appreciate any help I can get! BTW... I have windows xp and I THINK the computer is an HP. I got it like 7 years ago when I was 13 and couldn't figure out what kind it was...doesn't even say on the computer itself. Whatever. PLEASE HELP!

A:Computer turning it self off.

your power supply is probably failed....All manufacturers usually put the bare minimum power supply in them....get you a good 450 or 500 watt power supply and that should solve your problems....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-turning-it-self-off-462038.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey everyone I have a question, my computer in not turning on at all today, it was working yesterday. but yesterday I had headphones plugged into the front io ports and a usb as well for the lights on it, but they got pulled out really fast and it broke the USB port and it damaged the audio jacks, my computer was on during this and it was working basically the same as before, so I turned it off for the night and, now today it won't turn on, by the way, I tried to jump the contacts that are for the power switch but nothing happened. Please help me out, I'm not sure what is wrong with my PC.

"computer doesn't turn on" means it cannot boot up? or cannot be power on? Just need to figure out whether it is a software issue or hardware issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-turning-on.1154410/
Relevancy 43%

Hello guys I just joined up because my frustration has peaked beyond levels with which I am able to function logically I custom built this computer about months ago did all the research got some feedback ordered the parts and put it together Well it worked splendidly for about - months with little to no issue certainly not with the hardware Well I moved from Wisconsin to Florida and the tower took the trip with me between car rides and a flight It hasn t worked since I arrived in florida over months ago I did some trouble shooting and I ve replaced both the motherboard and the power turning Computer not on supply so far it hasn t made a difference And now with dollars extra down the drain for no apparent change I am prepared to break something I could use a little help My computer specs are Asus A BM-E Motherboard new EVGA B W Power Supply new GB of Ram G-Skill Ripjaws AMD Athlon x CPU Radeon HD Graphics Card All packed up in the HAF CoolerMaster case TB HDD I have tested the power supply with a paper clip as suggested and I even Computer not turning on did it after plugging in all of my fans and HDD Disk Drive All worked for the length of time that I Computer not turning on had the paper clip in the slots until I tried plugging in the CPU outlet at which point it would flash on and then turn immediately off When I plug the power supply into the motherboard the power light comes on the motherboard but the power button on the front of the desktop does not work does not turn on the fans does not respond at all I have been working on this problem for months now I m finally asking for the public s help Please Your suggestions are very much appreciated nbsp

1st thing to do is take the mobo out of the coolermaster case nad do a "out of case build"
put it on the mobo box
connect just the psu (24 pin & 4/8 pin power plugs)
one stick of memory
and ofcourse the cpu
u might want to reset the heatsink/fan incl' thermal paste
connect the monitor
touch the power on pins and see what happens

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-turning-on.1132293/
Relevancy 43%

Hi.Why dosen't Windows shut down immediately instead of going through a prolonged rigmarole?
Thanks.

A:Turning Off Computer

It goes through a series of shutdown procedures and cleanup processes to avoid OS and registry corruption.
The more it has to do, the longer it takes to complete.
The actual speed windows spends on each task can be tweaked but a safer way to speed up shutdown is through the individual apps that may be causing an issue.
Does yours take longer then, say, 30 sec for example?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53067/turning-off-computer/
Relevancy 43%

running xp on it. was having problems before so restored to factory settings doing a hard disk format in the process. problem still occuring.

any idea of problem.

could it be ram/overheating??!?!

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Relevancy 43%

Today I got to my computer and it was completely dead. So I switched out the power supply with another computer. The power supply didn't work in that one either so I just figured it was dead. I put it back in and now the computer works fine. Any idea on what would cause it to not work for a 12 hour span? Sometimes the computer will randomly turn off, but only in the middle of the night if I have accidentally left it on and only every once in awhile. What would cause this?

A:Computer not turning on sometimes

Maybe the PSU is dying. Nothing else would usually cause this. You could try replacing your motherboard battery, though I don't think that's the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-turning-on-sometimes.160235/
Relevancy 43%

Ok, ill explain. We do our thing on it then we go away (we dont turn anything off) we hit the enter button to bring back the blank screen ok, but nothing happens so i hit the button on the HUGE black box (sorry for my ignorance) in cubby hole at the bottom of the desk. Nothing happens. So i end up switching the whole lot off at the wall. The modem is all good and all lights are on. All plugs are in. My question is, why is it doing this. We have had computer (desktop) for about 5yrs. Im not computer literate so please speak in english. Hope someone can help. Cheers.

A:MY COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING OFF AFTER NOT USING FOR A WHILE

If this was new then I'd be looking at the power options, but download CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting which should show if it's an overheating problem and would you post a shot of its output.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-computer-keeps-turning-off-after-not-using-for-a-while-686011.html
Relevancy 43%

Recently, my computers been turning it self off...and i can't seem to find why.
I originally thought the problem was 7zip...as it crashed everytime i was extracting stuff...the just a few minutes ago, it crashed while i was encoding something.

I don't seem to get a BSoD or anything, it just switches off.

The only other thing that seems to be the same time every time it crashes, is i'm talking to someone on msn whos on a phone...might just be coincidence.

I'm guessing the problem is it auto-shutting down when the cpu gets too hot, or something to that extent...though i have no idea how to fix that.

Any ideas?

A:Computer turning itself off.

hi please post your full computer specs include ram,power supply,and graphics card if any,also look in the eventviewer for more info check the logs for most recent date

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-turning-itself-off-418715.html
Relevancy 43%

Installing custom computer into NZXT Case. After following instruction turned computer on ,came on for a second and turned itself off. All components are relatively new 6mths every part still under warranty. Tested and checked to see if mobo was shorting out but is fine and does not appear to be the problem.
All leads and cords are connected well and nothing burnt out.After trying for hours checking instructions and leads over again etc when turning on computer now nothing happens at all does not come on for even a second. Advice appreciated.Thanks

Link to case - http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/109-guardian-921-rb-case

A:Computer not turning on.

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-turning-on.1128426/