Windows Support Forum

Cannot Install 'Important' Security Update

Q: Cannot Install 'Important' Security Update

Hi there. Please see the attached. I have been unable to instlal this Windows Security Update for some time. My computer always shows that it is available install when I want to shut down my computer, but no such luck.
I don't know why it wont let me. I don't even know if I have Office Power Point.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot Install 'Important' Security Update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cannot Install 'Important' Security Update

I have no idea what may be causing your problem, but you could try getting the update from the Windows Catalog site and see what happens; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323166/en-us

If this works, you will be able to download an .exe file which you just doubleclick on to install. Be sure to read the instructions before using this method.

Alternatively, you could check your Add/Remove list first, just in case the update is already there, or you could run the Secunia Online Inspector, which will confirm whether or not the patch is missing. You will need an up to date version of Sun Java before the Inspector will run; http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-install-important-security-update.753190/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi,

I have a problem with updates that try to install every time PC restart.
They give me everytime error code 80070490 and if I try to press Try again then give me error code 8024AFFF.
I try to solve the problem with Microsoft FixIt, then update was installed succesfully, but after restart they try to install it again (everytime the same update) and give the same error.

I found some solution on the net that not work for me:
1. Windows Update error 80070490
2. Error code 0x80070490 when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
3. Code Error 80070490 checking for Windows Updates - Microsoft Community

I not use first option becouse I not have original DVD, I have a PC with preinstalled system Windows 7 Home Premium.

Anyone have any ideo how to solve this problem?

A:Windows Important Security Update Error

Since it's 18 hours since you posted this with no response, I'd say it may be because you didn't provide the info that this forum requires. Run the SURT program, the sfc scan, and post the logs that are requested in the instructions found here:
Windows Update Posting Instructions
Hopefully then you get a better response. I'm new here too and just learning the ropes, BTW.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300059-windows-important-security-update-error.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Dear Bleepingcomputer Staff About won't updates security install‏ Important BSOD/ weeks ago I thought all was well Problems started when updating java on my ninite installer Emsisoft would no longer install java with ninite Emsisoft BSOD/ Important security updates won't install‏ put files in quarantine I was confused by this but did nothing A week later I fell asleep listening to music on windows media player Only to awake with media player off and a black screen saying nic card is not present or corrupt I unplugged the computer and turned it back on only to be greeted with my first ever BSOD My e emachine acer notebook came with win pre installed After much trial and error and dumb luck I got windows to system repair screen It took and a half full days for my computer to repair corrupt files I ran chdsk and sfc Nothing came back on chdsk Sfc fixed most but not all corrupt files Ran full scans with Emsisoft Malwarebytes and MSEssentials No malware detected I ran sfc again and it said problems resolved there are no windows integrity problems Windows Important Security Update no longer install I tried hotfixes SURL error code trouble shooting update one by one Nothing worked Computer hangs at times for no reason It tells me at times MBAnti exploit Comodo application startup has closed unexpectedly Roguekiller hangs at checking services A DDA Only works in safe mode That's how I got the log to you I am Not a computer person by any stretch I am a huge fan of your site I am at wits end Please help Sincerely Yours Nathaniel Evans DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Nate at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E - ED- F -A - BCB F AV Emsisoft Anti-Malware Disabled Updated DEEF-CC - F - -F A F A DA SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Emsisoft Anti-Malware Disabled Updated E F B-EA E- F - B -CAD F SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E BFDE SP COMODO Antivirus Disabled Outdated C D - D-EE - A -E A FW COMODO Firewall Enabled F F -FE -E - B C- A E FB Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Program Files x Emsisoft Anti-Malware a service exe C Program Files HitmanPro hmpsched exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Windows system taskeng exe c Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe c Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files eMachines eMachines Power Management ePowerSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x eMachines Registration GregHSRW exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit mbae-svc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now SchedulerSvc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files eMachines eMachines Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Glary Utilities Integrator exe c Program F... Read more

A:BSOD/ Important security updates won't install‏

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click the  Scan  button and wait for the process to complete.
Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.

IMPORTANT

If you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.

If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.

Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click the  Scan  button and wait for the process to complete.
Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.
Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.
A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.
Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).
===

Download the  version of this tool for your operating system.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit) 
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
===

Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.
To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.

How is the computer running?
Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544818/bsod-important-security-updates-wont-install%e2%80%8f/
Relevancy 67.51%

My PC has told me that there's an important Windows 7 update to install, but whenever I try, I'm told that the installation has failed.

Attached is the pop up I get with the details of the failure.

Any ideas how I can remedy the error? Thanks.

A:Can't install Important Windows Update

Hi try running sfc /scannow How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-install-important-windows-update-586406.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I was doing a clean install and during the updates, I had one, KB2965788, that failed to install and hasn't reappeared for a second attempt.

I'm running Win 7 Pro x64. The error code is WindowsUpdate_80070308.

I'm not sure if this update is required for my system configuration or if there is some issue that needs to be detected and resolved.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards

A:Failed Install KB2965788 - Important Update

My understanding that some system may require this KB and some don't.
My system do not have KB2965788 installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383707-failed-install-kb2965788-important-update.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Would it hurt not to install an important update if the program is not used?

I do not use anything "Live", but have it installed.

Does this leave me vulnerable if I don't?
Used as reference:
Windows Live Essentials 2011 (KB2434419)

A:Would it hurt not to install an important update if the program is...

No, it won't hurt anything. I don't use IE, so I don't install any of the "Important security updates"

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/119454-would-hurt-not-install-important-update-if-program.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey All,

There seems to be an issue with MS latest security update for IE 11 on Windows 7. For MANY, not just me. All the other updates installed fine, last "patch Tuesday" but this one did not go through the automatic update process. Others are having the same issue. If you read here, it seems to be more of an "optional update." but MS did not push it through automatic updates on last Tuesday's patches. See here:

http://www.landzdown.com/security-a...ID=0c64b9d53ca25bbe63526e3968971320#msg165985

What's going on? Is this patch expected to go through at a later time, moved to optional, or what? I thought that ALL Windows Updates classified as important as long as Automatic Windows Update was turned on, went through?

Jack

A:Update for IE 11 KB-2929437 (April 8) Marked as Important- does not auto install?

That's the cumulative update that updates IE from 11.0.4 to 11.0.7.

I've got 4 computers with Windows 7 and IE11, and the update installed fine in all of them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-for-ie-11-kb-2929437-april-8-marked-as-important-does-not-auto-install.1124126/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys,

I'm wondering why this security patch for a zero day flaw in IE 11 is not checked by default? Surely it should be.

A:KB2964358 Important update (but not that important)

Don't know why.
I usually manually check one or right click on one & hide it.
I hide all bing desktop updates.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45596-kb2964358-important-update-but-not-important.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I have a Windows x machine that is permanently stuck trying to install the same update I have followed various posts loops to install with important Windows Update updates" computer your a "Restart off of MS websites to rename SoftareDistribution etc but none have helped HAve tried Boot intoClean Boot Mode and try updating again Run the Microsoft Fixit and see how it works nbsp nbsp Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates" nbsp nbsp nbsp How do I reset Windows Update components Try System Update Readiness tool by referring toWhat is the System Update Readiness Tool Run System File Checker tool and see how it works The WindowsUpdateClient log posts the error x bc CBS log has the following - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates" nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detect Parent Package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd Parent Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd Disposition Detect VersionComp EQ ServiceComp GE BuildComp GE DistributionComp GE RevisionComp GE Exist present - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detectParent package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd parent found Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd state Superseded - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detectParent package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd parent found Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd state Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detect Parent Package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd disposition state from detectParent Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl Evaluating package applicability for package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd applicable state Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp e CSI Transaction x fa initialized for deployment engine d d c- d - d - d- c b with flags and client id quot TI quot - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp f Pending transaction content must be resolved cannot begin another transaction yet - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get transaction analysis because of pending operations Disposition from Analyze x HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get inventory HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI Transaction x fa destroyed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get inventory HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to load current component state HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to find or add t... Read more

A:Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates"

Thanks Alex
I had already tried the steps in the post you linked.
In the end I have had to reinstall Windows 7 over the top (keeping all settings) and this has fixed the issue with Windows Updates.
It is frustrating that I could not find a solution as I do not like glossing over the issues without first finding a solution but unfortunately it was not my pc and time was against me.
Thanks for all the replies.
Simon

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f374ba3-b5fc-4374-be3c-6ed5462c0903/windows-update-loops-with-a-quotrestart-your-computer-to-install-important-updatesquot?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

Recently Microsoft has been trying to update my software with a security update

{Security Update for Microsoft Office XP (KB921596)}

Unfortunately something is going wrong and I am told that Microsoft was unable to update the security update.

At the moment when I switch off my PC, the turn off button is showing the multicoloured shield next to it (meaning it will update before switching off)

I think it is trying to update the same security update as above.

The situation has been like this for maybe a fortnight now.

Please could you help me to sort the situation out.

Many thanks

Regards Richard Milner.

PS, My security software (Kaspersky Internet Security 2009) has been flashing up a message about Key logging… (what ever that is) whenever I click on & open up my media playing program InterVideo WinDVD 5….. Could this have anything to do with the aforementioned Microsoft Security update ?

A:won't install update - Security Update for Microsoft Office XP (KB921596)

I have the same problem and still no answers???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-install-update-security-update-for-microsoft-office-xp-kb921596.763330/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

Recently Microsoft has been trying to update my software with a security update

{Security Update for Microsoft Office XP (KB921596)}

Unfortunately something is going wrong and I am told that Microsoft was unable to update the security update.

At the moment when I switch off my PC, the turn off button is showing the multicoloured shield next to it (meaning it will update before switching off)

I think it is trying to update the same security update as above.

The situation has been like this for maybe a fortnight now.

Please could you help me to sort the situation out.

Many thanks

Regards Richard Milner.

PS, My security software (Kaspersky Internet Security 2009) has been flashing up a message about Key logging? (what ever that is) whenever I click on & open up my media playing program InterVideo WinDVD 5?.. Could this have anything to do with the aforementioned Microsoft Security update ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wont-install-update-security-update-for-microsoft-office-xp-kb921596-306809.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I found some questionable files this week that had been downloaded by my son. I have since spent a great deal of time trying to scan and clean the computer. Each malware/spyware/anti-virus scanner has had varying levels of success.

It seems that the bulk of my issues have been resolved but I am still unable to install the following update from Microsoft: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2719177)

Each time I try to update it, it aborts and gives me an error code (80073712), that is not showing up in any google searches or searches of microsoft's site.

Additionally, every time I shutdown or restart the computer it shows that new updates are being installed.

I am using Windows 7 home premium 64-bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Unable to install security update from Windows Update

I never got a reply here but for anyone having the same trouble I had I was able to resolve my issue by doing a "Repair Install".

I found the directions from another forum after I was able to find the root cause of the problem in c:\windows\IE9_main.log. Specifically this is what my log file said:
00:00.359: Started: 2012/07/21 (Y/M/D) 14:27:48.562 (local)
00:00.375: Time Format in this log: MM:ss.mmm (minutes:seconds.milliseconds)
00:00.562: Command line: "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\Install\WU-IE9-Windows7-x64.exe" /WU-SILENT
00:00.671: INFO: Setup installer for Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421
00:00.718: INFO: Previous version of Internet Explorer: 8.0.7601.17824
00:00.905: INFO: Checking if iexplore.exe's current version is between 9.0.6001.0...
00:00.936: INFO: ...and 9.1.0.0...
00:00.967: INFO: Maximum version on which to run IEAK branding is: 9.1.0.0...
00:01.014: INFO: iexplore.exe version check success. Install can proceed.
00:01.045: INFO: Trying to extract ID: 7006 (0) as "IE9-neutral.Extracted.cab"
00:05.023: INFO: Trying to extract ID: 5006 (0) as "IE9-support.cab"
00:06.584: INFO: Operating System: Windows Workstation: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
00:07.067: INFO: Windows 7 operating system detected.
00:07.192: INFO: Service pack major: 1
00:07.332: INFO: Service pack minor: 0
00:07.473: INFO: Service pack name: Service Pack 1
00:19.641: INFO: The neutral pack was successfully downloaded from the internet. Installation will continue using the downloaded package.
00:19.766: INFO: No reboot policy and supplemental files successfully downloaded and extracted for use.
00:19.953: INFO: No reboot logic message NrApiStart(0), lParam=0x004c6650 returned 0x00000000.
00:21.185: INFO: No reboot logic message NrApiScan(1), lParam=0x00000001 returned 0x00000000.
00:21.279: INFO: No reboot logic message NrApiStartInstall(4), lParam=0x00000001 returned 0x00000014.
00:21.326: INFO: Installing with the downloaded package. C:\Windows\TEMP\IE9E35.tmp\IE9-neutral.Downloaded.msu
00:21.606: INFO: Launched package installation: C:\Windows\system32\dism.exe /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\Windows\TEMP\IE9E35.tmp\IE9-neutral.Downloaded\Windows6.1-KB982861-x64.cab /quiet /norestart
00:50.919: INFO: Process exit code 0x00003712 (14098) [The component store has been corrupted. ]
00:51.278: ERROR: Neutral MSU installation failed (exit code = 0x00003712 (14098)).
00:51.418: INFO: No reboot logic message NrApiInstallDone(7), lParam=0x00003712 returned 0x00000000.
00:51.605: INFO: No reboot logic message NrApiStartFinish(11), lParam=0x00000000 returned 0x00000000.
00:51.808: INFO: No reboot logic message NrApiFinish(12), lParam=0x00000000 returned 0x00000016.
00:52.167: ERROR: Couldn't create setup troubleshooting shortcut on the desktop. HRESULT: 0x80070002,
00:52.229: INFO: Setup exit code 0x00003712 (14098) [The component store has been corrupted. ]
00:52.619: INFO: Cleaning up temporary files in: C:\Windows\TEMP\IE9E35.tmp
00:53.493: INFO: Unable to remove directory C:\Windows\TEMP\IE9E35.tmp, marking for deletion on reboot.
00:53.758: INFO: Released Internet Explorer Installer Mutex
The key error message was "Setup exit code 0x00003712 (14098) [The component store has been corrupted. ]"

Once I figured out that this was the root problem, doing a google search yielded the fix by doing the "Repair Install."

Essentially, the "Repair Install" is using your windows disc to re-install windows as an upgrade. In short I "upgraded" my Windows 7 SP1 installation to Windows 7 SP1 via the disc, overwriting the corrupted files in the process. This allowed for me to keep all my personal files and installed software after the lengthy ins... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460813/unable-to-install-security-update-from-windows-update/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi. I don't know what has happened but my pc is running strangely recently. For example, I can't install the visual c redistributable (vcredist.exe), or directx 9.0c, and some games don't work which did a while ago - now they crash to the desktop. I haven't got a restore which fixes the problem. It is all a bit strange.
I've got windows 7 64 bit on a Dell vostro - i7 860, 4g ram etc.
I've tried microsoft security essentials, all manner of spyware removers including spyware search & destroy to no avail.
What should be the next step in investigating this?
Thanks for any help!

A:can't install visual c redistributable, or directx 9.0c, can't update - security update for visual c++, system update...

Microsoft Windows 7 already has DirectX 11, so installing version 9 will always fail and is useless. It also has VC++ redistributable 2005 and 2008. The latest version which is not included on Windows 7 is VC++ 2010 redistributables which you should install (but very few games are designed in VC++ 2010 today). When games fail, they create a crash report or log. You should go through them and try to find the possible cause. What message do games show when crashing?Check Event Viewer to find the possible cause of crashing of a game.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358151/cant-install-visual-c-redistributable-or-directx-90c-cant-update-security-update-for-visual-c-system-update-readiness-etc/
Relevancy 55.47%

Here's will 800B0100 not Code details: update. Important Error Update Vista another tricky one This important security update will not update It is only Kb Microsoft says it is caused by a virus problem I have Norton installed Norton say it is Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 not a Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 virus Microsoft say pay us to fix it I say I can't afford to pay that for something when I have no way of knowing exactly what the problem really is This has been going on since November All the other updates are installed immediately but not this one Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP on Windows Vista SP and Windows Server SP x KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code B Update type Important A security issue has Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information MS - Description of the security update for the NET Framework Service Pack for Windows Vista Service Pack and Windows Server Service Pack October Just noticed this more recent one failed to update - Security Update for Windows Vista KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code F Update type Important A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information MS - Description of the security update for USB drivers October Help and Support Microsoft Support Any ideas please

A:Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100

That error is not caused by a virus, it is caused by a file corruption
The readiness tool can correct the problem in many situations
What is the System Update Readiness Tool? - Windows Help

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/303686-vista-important-update-will-not-update-error-details-code-800b0100.html
Relevancy 55.47%

be truthful to the public. I have been reading a lot about people ditching windows and going to Linux. I wonder why. wow I used to love and trust windows. now I don't know anymore. you all have become something other than wonderful like I used to think.
too bad. maybe I should learn Linux too. windows is probably a habit lots of people will learn to break. scary. Be honest about your updates. ty.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adfd864d-cfe8-4d34-8f4e-166e72a3a04a/why-cant-i-uninstall-an-update-todays-update-is-making-my-computer-act-unruly-i-hate-that-if?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows Vista SP1 (KB936330) update keeps coming back as important update after installing it several times. I look at updates history and it show the same update already installed several times. Service Pack 1 (KB936330). I don't see update for Service
Pack 2 though. Can someone advice please, I am not sure what to do. I'd appreciate an advice. Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/13040f9f-69e6-472f-82c0-6a04955a1674/windows-vista-sp1-kb936330-update-keeps-coming-back-as-important-update-after-installing-it?forum=itprovistasp
Relevancy 54.61%

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 (KB928365) keeps failing. It downloads fine, but will not install.

It's been downloaded so many times now because I click the yellow icon in the system tray. Where is this located so I can delete all the copies?

What can I do to get this to install?

Thanks.

A:Security Update Will NOT Install

I Solved this problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-update-will-not-install.598346/
Relevancy 54.61%

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2479943)

I cannot install the above update.. I have tried downloading directly from M$ and still no luck, the dang thing just won't install. Everytime windows update manager states that it has a failed.. Anyone experience this problem with this this update?

Relevancy 54.61%

help please...I have attempted many times and failed to install a security update for Microsoft.NetFramework,version 1.1 service pack 1 (KB29729). I receive a failed to install with a Code 66A. I have tried to find an explanation for the code to no avail. This is listed as an important update for vista but I am stumped as to why it won't install.....hopefully someone has the answer? I would be VERY appreciative!!

A:can't install security update

Hi Baglady,

Vista comes with .net framework 3.0 and doesnt need .net 1.1 service pack 1, Im not sure why you are getting this update but you can set it to hidden.

Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/154918-cant-install-security-update.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have not be able to install Window update since a few months ago.
Operation system is Window Vista. There are 21 update and 18 of them are security update as old as in October 2008. When I try to install update, I get message "Windows Modules installer stopped working and was closed. A Ploblem cased the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available".
I also have problem with installation of Window Vista Service Pack 1. I get error meesage.
I am very worry...please help!

Relevancy 53.75%

Hiya Okay so all of this just started to take place a little over a week ago I have Microsoft Security Essentials and usually it updates itself but for the past week it hasn t been able to Every time it tries to error code x efd rears its ugly head It install new or update my system can't one! a security says that it can t establish an internet connection but i m always on the internet when i try to update it It does the same thing when i try to update it can't update my security system or install a new one! manually Weirdness that s happening At first it wouldn t let me download anything but today it let me download avg but i couldn t install it b c of the internet connection It sometimes randomly redirects me to really random pages It s been running at bit slower but i m not sure if it s b c i have too much stuff on it What i ve tried so far I ve tried it w both wireless internet and an can't update my security system or install a new one! ethernet cord but i get the same result I e-mailed Microsoft about it and they told me to Check the date and time on my laptop To try changing the proxy settings when i tried to do this it said that can't update my security system or install a new one! the command couldn t be found the code they told me to type in was netsh winhttp reset proxy and default internet browser I even tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it but that didn t work either What i m working with I have an Acer Aspire One mini Windows XP I m also using my uncle s wireless internet provided through Mediacom with his permission of course idk if that affects it any Hmm i think that covers it if you need more info let me know I ve never had this problem before so can anybody tell me what s going on and how to fix it I can t even scan my pc to see if something s uber wrong with it b c MSE is broken I m a poor college student and i can t afford a new laptop so i m hoping you guys can help a sista out lol

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315664/cant-update-my-security-system-or-install-a-new-one/
Relevancy 53.75%

hi all
i,m having problems installingtheupdate for .net v 2.0 kb922770 .its d/loaded but when i try to install it just says failed .ive tried to uninstall the .net framework from add or remove progs but it wont uninstall it says it cannot find source of the application.i tried to d/ load the . ne 2.0 from a link from OLD GREY BEARD on this forum but it wont d/load either .i also checked my vers of windows installer and i have 3.1 which is up to date . im stuck now and the windows updare icon(shield) is laughing at me from my s tray and it wont go away plz help
thx in advance mick

A:cant install .net security update kb922770

Hi again

[ I do, in fact, have a beard that is indeed quite gray (though not as long, nor as magical, as Ms. Rowling's/Mr. Harris' Dumbledore) :) ]

But Presto! Here is your solution (direct from the Microsoft folks)

Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility
============================================
1. Visit:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe

2. Save the file to your Desktop.
3. Install this tool on your computer.

Step 2: Remove .NET Framework
========================
1. Click Start -> (All) Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up.

2. Please locate any .NET Framework software and remove it.

3. Restart the computer and see if the problem still exists.

For more information, please refer to:
-----------
Title: Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301

After that, please perform the following suggestions to reinstall .NET
Framework 2.0 and the update for it.

Step 3: Reinstall .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package and the
updates for it
====================================================================
1. Please download the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable
Package from the following link and save it to the Desktop.

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB917283)
http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...aaa58b8644.exe

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB922770)
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...922770-X86.exe

2. When the File download window appears, please click the Save button, and
follow the directions to save it to the Desktop. After downloading the
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 setup file and the updates on your Desktop, please
double-click the files to manually install them one by one.

After that, please restart your computer and access the Windows update site to
test the issue.

I'd have re-written all that in more understandable prose, but it's kind of hilarious reading, and I didn't want to deprive you of its high comedy. Microsoft support has it's own form of the English Language.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-install-net-security-update-kb922770-121596.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2656370) can't be installed on my Clevo (Mesh) D480W. Windows automatic updates keep proposing it but keeps failing since yesterday morning.

Thanks for help.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I am having problems with the below security update
Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB960089)
which has been released in the past few days. Every time I go to install it, it fails an comes up with fail message - Error C0000005, when I go to help with this issue it takes me to vairous web pages relating to the error code, however not in relation to this updaate. Also I get a further Microsoft Windows notification box, "Hotfix Insatller Stopped working and was closed", message. I have tried to install this update 8+ times without success. Help required please.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/210990-unable-install-security-update.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I'm running Vista Service Pack on a Fujitsu Tablet PC T For several days I've been Security Install Won't Vista Update unable to install the Vista Security Update KB The update downloads my machine reboots and then an error message comes up quot Updates not configured correctly quot The machine shuts down reboots and then Vista Security Update Won't Install gives the message quot reverting changes quot When Vista Security Update Won't Install I go to Windows Update in the Control Panel I see that the update failed but no error code appears So far I have Disabled my antivirus program Kaspersky and tried to download and install again but no luck Done a clean boot by changing the settings in the System Configuration Utility rebooted and tried to download and install again with no luck In reading through this section of the forum I see at least one case in which an update wouldn t install because the user has Service Pack but should have SP Should I try downloading SP and see if this resolves the problem Though I m curious why Microsoft hasn t installed SP automatically on this machine since my settings are for automatic installation of updates Any guidance would be most appreciated Steve

A:Vista Security Update Won't Install

Originally Posted by syoder

Should I try downloading SP2 and see if this resolves the problem? Though I?m curious why Microsoft hasn?t installed SP2 automatically on this machine since my settings are for automatic installation of updates.

Yes.Download & install SP2 from Microsoft Download Center in safe mode

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/243320-vista-security-update-wont-install.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

My automatic updates for Windows XP keeps informing me that the security update KB835732 is ready for download and install. I let it download and install, and it even says that the installation has been completed successfully, yet it continually pops up again that the very same update is ready for download and install. I've also tried to install XP SP2 (from automatic updates as well as a manual download and install) yet it does not seem to "take".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Security Update for Windows XP will not install

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...9E-DA3F-43B9-A4F1-AF243B6168F3&displaylang=en

Use the link and install it from this location.

Let me know if this 'patch' works for you or not, I have another M$ article that may work as well, but more intense.

Good luck.

I better go ahead and give you the URL....keep in mind this is rather intense for some folks, but it jus might be what you need.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

Again, good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-update-for-windows-xp-will-not-install.353029/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

Some time ago, my Windows installer downloaded an update to the Flash Player, designated as KB923789. The installation failed, so I figured that somehow it became corrupted. So, I went back to the site and downloaded it again. Same thing happened.
Then, I decided ta heck with it, I'd just remove the download from my computer and try to download it again (Or not... I'm easy).
I can't find it. I've done searches for both KB923789 and Flash Security Update, and neither show up in a search. I've looked in my Downloads file and my Received Files folders and can't locate them there (But if they were there, it would have shown up in a search, I'm thinking).
It's a bummer, because every time I go to shut down, I'm asked to install the file and although it's not a problem to ignore the request, I'd like to solve the issue.
Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

Boo

A:Flash Security Update Won't Install

Hi Boo,

If you got to start and go on run then just copy or type this in
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
make sure its all that to the point and then when the folder opens double click on FlashUtil9C and then click on install.
You need to be connected to the internet.
That will install flash again from default and it should be ok from then on.

If you do want to find that install the was done from windows update go to
http://www.update.microsoft.com/micr....aspx?ln=en-us
if you just type that in or Click HERE for it instead of typing it in, It will show you your update history.

Hope it goes well, If not just let me know

Jaymie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/flash-security-update-wont-install-156245.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have tried several times to install this Security Update for Windows XP: KB956841. No matter what I do (such as restarting) it will not install properly, or at least the windowsupdate site tells me I still need to install it.

A:Cannot install windows XP security update

You could do a search for it.Click on the start button & click on search.
I just did that & it found that particular update on my computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-install-windows-xp-security-update.763046/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I m having trouble installing one of the latest MS Windows XP Security Updates some of the things that have happened during my attempts are making me suspicious that I might have a bug The Security Update for Windows XP KB install Can't Update Security Windows has tried Can't install Windows Security Update to install several times Can't install Windows Security Update and failed I attempted to bring the machine up in clean boot state to see if it was some conflict with AV software Norton ran msconfig and started in clean mode got a message saying access denied to some services finished reboot Tried to run the update in clean boot state still fails ran msconfig and started machine up in normal mode got access denied again I completed all the steps in the Preparation Guide DDS log files follow are attached I tried running GMER twice amp got the BSOD Thanks in advance for your help Scott DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Scott Erwin at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus Enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c drivers audio r STacSV exe C Program Files Common Files logishrd LVMVFM UMVPFSrv exe svchost exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Microsoft BingBar BBSvc EXE C Program Files Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files MediaMall MediaMallServer exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files Logitech LWS Webcam Software CameraHelperShell exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Documents and Settings Scott Erwin Application Data Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Documents and Settings Scott Erwin Local Settings Application Data Autobahn mlb-nexdef-autobahn exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared logger exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exe C Program Files HTC HTC Sync ClientInitiatedStarter ClientInitiatedStarter exe C Program Files HTC HTC Sync Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C Program Files HTC HTC Sync Mobile Phone Monitor HTCVBTServer exe C Program Files HTC HTC Sync Mobile Phone Monitor FsynSrvStarter exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files MediaMall MediaMallServer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c documents and settings all users application data real realplayer browserrec... Read more

A:Can't install Windows Security Update

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/450888 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450888/cant-install-windows-security-update/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all

When executing Windows Update, I experienced that one important update is not automatically selected to download and install.

I like to understand why this is?

Also I like to understand if I should always install all important updates, even the ones not by default selected?

In this example, the not selected update refers to MS09-054 security update. Is this a manual installed security update?
Does it not apply to me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

zx81

A:Windows Update, important update not selected

Not all users experience the issue that this update resolves. MS is providing you the oportunity to use the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" logic.

I applied the update even though I have no evidence that I need it. Yet.

Some updates will adversely affect some users. Not applying updates may adversely affect you.

What can you do? My advice - apply all updates. Unless you have a good reason not to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/35094-windows-update-important-update-not-selected.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have both my windows and avg firewalls turned off am currently relying on my router firewall Security Update for Windows XP KB won t install Advice Security XP Windows Update won't for (KB955069) install appreciated Update I have since downloaded the update from the MS site When I clicked to run it I got the message quot KB set up error Required installer batch was not found in INF file quot I searched on the last sentence above and found this on an MS forum Based on the current status of the issue I suggest we try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue Click Start click Run type in quot inf quot without quotations and press Enter The folder that contains this file will open Locate the branches inf file in the opened folder right click on the file and choose Properties Uncheck the quot Read-only quot or quot Hidden quot Security Update for Windows XP (KB955069) won't install checkboxes if they have been selected Click OK to apply the changes Visit Windows Update website and install the Security Update for Windows XP (KB955069) won't install updates unquote Great except there was no branches inf file in the folder only branches and branches PNF Click to expand nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I installed SP3 as a security update download for my XP.

Everything went fine till after the reboot, where my D-Link program would not work.
A message came up, saying it "can't find an entry point to Wlanapi.dll"
I un-installed SP3 and everything is fine again.

Any clues whats this entry point to wlanapi.dll is about stopping my D-Link wireless from working. ??

Thxs

A:Solved: SP3 security update - install problems

The talk on this thread indicates it's a compatibility issue with SP3.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sp3-security-update-install-problems.763389/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
I have my PC set to automatic updates. I have no problems with installing the updates apart from KB2698023. It fails to install and I get a message saying, "Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2698023)". The Windows Updater keeps trying to install this update, and it fails every time. Is there anything I can do to rectify this problem?

Many thanks.

A:Security Update KB2698023 fails to install.

Download DotNetFX_Cleanup Tool uninstall all versions of .Net Framework. Go to Windows Update and download .Net Framework in proper order, starting with 1.1 and ending with 4.5

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/security-update-kb2698023-fails-to-install-681367.html
Relevancy 53.32%

The Important Security Update shown in the screenie below keeps reinstalling itself, cueing on the Shutdown button, then installing itself at Shutdown, failing and then repeating process. This has gone on for weeks now it seems.

I have run Option 2 batch file in Windows Update - Reset - Windows 7 Forums twice now.

Any other suggestions short of a Repair Install?

A:Security update keeps failing after Shutdown install.

Ummm - errrr.... screenie??

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/255799-security-update-keeps-failing-after-shutdown-install.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Yesterday Windows Update installed a number of important updates. Smoothly as usual.
But Security Update for Windows 7 (KB2570947) (172 KB) cannot be installed.
Tried 20 times but it fails all the time.
Error code 80072F78, could not find any proper help that solved the problem.

Already temporarily disabled my ESET NOD32 5 protection, no difference.
Any help?
Thanks!

A:Cannot install Windows Security Update KB2570947

Error code 80072F78 seems to be related to the time and date including Internet Zone. Make sure your computer is right on time zone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/186952-cannot-install-windows-security-update-kb2570947.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I try to install "Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2446708)" using windows Automatic update service, in many times, but i can't. Always show "66A error". Windows update center only show error for this "Microsoft .NET Framework 4 " update. (Other updates successfully install.) Then i manually downloaded its .exe installer and try to install it. Then i receive this error. How do i install this security update?

Windows Update center error.

Manual installation error.

A:Why can i install Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4?

Try this:

Error code 66a .net framework 4 - Microsoft Answers

Quote:
A. Click on Start and click on Control panel.
B. Go to Program and Features.
C. Scroll down to Microsoft.Net Framework 4 Client Profile, right click it.
D. It will give you a choice of Uninstall/Change, click it.
E. Then, it will give a choice to Repair it, pick Repair it. It will take about 4-10 minutes to repair (with my PC) your experience may vary.
F. When completed, go to your update center, and update it again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/162474-why-can-i-install-security-update-microsoft-net-framework-4-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello Problem When I run Automatic Updates I get the following message Some updates could not be installed The following updates were not installed Security Update for Windows XP KB All other updates seem to install OK System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Computer Packard Bell Celeron R CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM Physical Address Extension Anti Virus Software AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition I have attached the results of the DDS and GMER scans Thank you for your time DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Hamish at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D Could (KB2479943) Security Update Install Not for XP Windows D BF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG Could Not Install Security Update for Windows XP (KB2479943) AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner WVSScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Could Not Install Security Update for Windows XP (KB2479943) Program Files Cacheman CachemanServ exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Keriver Image CLRSERV EXE C Could Not Install Security Update for Windows XP (KB2479943) Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files lg fwupdate fwupdate exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCD exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBKeyScan exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Simpo PDF Creator SimpoPrintSrv exe C Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb BTHelpNotifier exe C Program Files Keriver Image ClrMonitor exe C Program Files thinkbroadband com tbbMeter tbbmeter exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files DAP DAP EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Cacheman CachemanTray exe C BITWARE NT bwprnmon exe C WINDOWS system sistray exe C Program Files VB AnalyseText Alarm Alarm exe C Program Files Zards software Startup Defender Startup Defender exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files PCHand Screen Capture ScreenCapture exe C Program Files MailWasher MailWasher exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE MSACCESS EXE C Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exe C WINDOWS explorer exe Pseudo HJT Report uLocal Page blank htm uStart Page file C Documents and Settings Hamish My Documents HomePage www MySearch htm uSearch Page hxxp uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults sp Yahoo Search - Web Search mDefault Search URL hxxp uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults su Yahoo Search - Web Search mSearch Page hxxp uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults sp Yahoo Search - Web Search uInternet Settings ProxyServer http hxxp www-cache freeserve com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults su Yahoo Search - Web Search mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files a... Read more

A:Could Not Install Security Update for Windows XP (KB2479943)

Hi,

uTorrent

Above listed ones are P2P file sharing programs. P2P downloads are nowadays one of those things that most likely bring infection into the system. My recommendation is to uninstall these (and other if present) P2P file sharing programs.

Have you tried to download that update manually?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/could-not-install-security-update-for-windows-xp-kb2479943-582347.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Today there has been an update without being install non-security to Need IE too installed update an fixes to released for IE a cumulative one KB It Need to install an update to IE without non-security fixes being installed too contains important security fixes although I think they are not so important for someone like me who never even opens IE let alone browses with it I really ought to install this update but there is a huge problem it has as one Need to install an update to IE without non-security fixes being installed too of it's non-security fixes which come along with it during installation something Need to install an update to IE without non-security fixes being installed too called KB KB is an update to make upgrade from windows or to windows easier it might go so far as to cause upgrade I'm not so sure about that though Either way I have no intention of taking that kind of risk Therefore I need a way to install KB but avoid the non-security fixes coming alongside it I assume there must be a way that this can be done there are circumstances from time to time where users will want to install a cumulative update to IE but some of the non-security fixes might be buggy or as n this case highly unwelcome Please can someone explain a method to install the cumulative security fixes without KB coming along with them cannot risk installing an update which may then cause unwelcome upgrade The link below gives the page for the cumulative updatehttps support microsoft com en-us kb You may notice the mention on that page of the fact that KB is a non-security fix included alongside the security fix but you will find that the link about it instead goes off to another page nothng to do with KB So below I've included the link to the page about KB so that you can see why I can't risk getting it https support microsoft com en-us kb Please explain how to install the cumulative update without the non-security fixes I'll happily go without ALL the non-security fixes if doing so avoid KB I'm sure there should be a general method for doing this this can't be the first time a cumulative IE update has been released and someone has needed to avoid one of the things in a non-security fix Thanks

A:Need to install an update to IE without non-security fixes being installed too

I'll look around, but pretty sure that you can't. The thing is, it's a cumulative update. You cannot handpick which updates you want in it and which ones you don't.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607504/need-to-install-an-update-to-ie-without-non-security-fixes-being-installed-too/
Relevancy 53.32%

Something is preventing my computer from downloading an important Security update. How can this be fixed? See details below:

Security Update for Windows Media Format Runtime 11 for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB954155)
Installation date: ‎11/‎17/‎2009 8:36 PM
Installation status: Failed
Error details: Code 80073712
Update type: Important
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.
More information:
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS09-051 - Critical: Vulnerabilities in Windows Media Runtime Could Allow Remote Code Execution (975682)
Help and Support:
Microsoft Support

A:Security update unable to download and install

Error details: Code 80073712

This error address to corruption in C:\Windows\Servicing and C:\Windows\WinSxS folders.

Solutions: filling missing files (only if damages are not too big),Repair Instalation,System Restore.

Prepare below logs:

.Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges (right click on cmd.exe as admin) and type:

sfc /scannow

when it finish type the following commnad:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

on your desktop appear sfcdetails.txt - it will be needed to diagnose

2.If you ran Readiness Tool,it should create CheckSur.log file in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder

both files: CheckSur.log,sfcdetails.txt pack and attache to post

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/260821-security-update-unable-download-install.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Upon , install security Can't Windows Update, essentials 4.0 .net several fresh installations of Windows SP on a formatted HDD Can't install Windows Update, .net 4.0 , security essentials on a new computer that I have accumulated my windows will not update I usually get a e e fa on the windows update window All other software installs and works flawlessly At Can't install Windows Update, .net 4.0 , security essentials first I thought it was a rootkit or some sort and after scanning with Malwarebytes GMER DDS Combofix TDSKILLER and even after changing hard drives the problem persists I have ran sfc scan and attempted to fix errors to no avail I ran it x as directed I am not able to look or copy at the log file it says I do not have permissions even though I am the only administrator and even tried to manually change the permissions I do not have access to this log I have done the new root folder the problem persists I have ran microsoft update fixit tools the problem persists I have ran the update stand alone installer and it crashes immediately with xc fa error I get this error when I try to install net so my graphics card drivers would work HRESULT xc fa Other tutorials that I have followed to no avail Unable to install updates in Windows Vista Windows Windows Server and Windows Server R I am exhausted can someone help me Here is a gallery I uploaded with screenshots of problems Photo Album - Imgur Thanks in advance to whoever can help

Relevancy 53.32%

My AV program Trend-Micro PC-cillin Internet Security found a security vulnerability on my computer but I feel that perhaps I should not install the update since I need Security vulnerability install found, update? do an to but it appears not to apply to my situation Here are the details of the security vulnerability Risk Level - Very High Target - Office Related Bulletin - MS - I am given options to run updates both for Windows and for Office Windows is already up-to-date but whenever I clicked on Run Office Update I get the following notice The previous site might require the following ActiveX control Office Update Installatiion Engine from Microsoft Corporation Click here to install I have been told that installing ActiveX controls can cause serious problems so I m a bit leery about Security vulnerability found, but do I need to install an update? installing them Also the MS - bulletin indicates that the affected software are several versions of both MS Works Suite and MS Word and one version of MS Word Viewer I have none of these programs on my computer While I do have a version of Open Office on my PC Open Office is not listed as affected software I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who is able to tell me what action if any I should take Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-vulnerability-found-but-do-i-need-to-install-an-update.499617/
Relevancy 53.32%

For whatever reason the Microsoft Security Update XLM Core Services Service Pack KB will not install it simply returns to the alert that I need to install security back KB936181 install again update cannot still it I have Windows installer KB installed and service pack here is the hijack this log Logfile back again still cannot install security update KB936181 of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files GizmoPlugin GizmoPlugin exe C Program Files Mozy mozybackup exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files HighCriteria TotalRecorder TotRecSched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Mediafour MACVNTFY EXE C Program Files Mediafour XPlay XPTRYICN EXE C Program Files Mediafour MacDrive MDDiskProtect exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmon exe C Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exe C Program Files Ditto Ditto exe C Program Files RSSoft RedSwoosh exe C Program Files WinRoll winroll exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Mozy mozystat exe C Program Files Memento Memento exe C Program Files WorldCommunityGrid UD EXE C Program Files YCIII YankClip exe C Program Files YPOPs YPOPs exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C Program Files WorldCommunityGrid ud exe C Program Files WorldCommunityGrid ud dir wcg hpf rosetta exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http popurls com O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run diagent quot C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe quot startup O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run TotalRecorderScheduler quot C Program Files HighCriteria TotalRecorder TotRecSched exe quot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Lexmark X -X quot C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run Mediafour Mac Volume Notifications quot ... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB942615)

The above update keeps failing when I try to install it. Have waited a few days in between in case it was corrupt and had to be fixed. Still no joy. Is it just my laptop or is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

Relevancy 52.89%

Call me stupid, but after downloading a torrent avi divx video file, I tried to play it when it prompted me to update my DRM or security for Windows Media Player. The error code is C00D2728 but this reminds me of a spyware attempt to install through a backdoor in WMP.

Am I being paranoid? It doesn't make any sense. Since I'm using the k-lite pack and registered DIVX video file, wtf is it updating?

I think something is off with this file - trojan?

Anyways, I'm deleting it.

A:Downloaded a video from Bittorrent... but it need to install security update?

......? And this thread is here why?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/downloaded-a-video-from-bittorrent-but-it-need-to-install-security-update.60759/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi All,

I am unable to install Security Vista update KB967723 (released very recently). When I attempt to install this patch I get the error code '80070020'.

I have downloaded this patch manually to install with no success. I have tried turning off my anti-virus (AVG) and windows firewall, with again no success. I keep getting the above error code.

I have also scanned my system with AVG, Windows defender, Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal & Ad-Aware (nil viruses etc...)

Can anyone help me please?

I use Vista 32 Home Premium

ta

James

A:Unable to install Security Vista update KB967723

Unistall completely AVG -impossible to disable fully this soft - I know well from my experience.If this don't help then standard procedure:

1.Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges (right click on cmd.exe) as admin and type:

sfc /scannow

When it finish type in cmd.exe

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

on your desktop appear sfcdetails.txt

2.Try reregister WU http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
3.Run Readiness Tool Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, and for Windows 7
This tool even don't help create CheckSur.log file in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log

4.Download firegenul Altair Technologies Ltd.
place firegenul.exe in C:\Windows\System32

next again run cmd.exe with admin previlliges and type:

firegenul

it creates report from WindowsUpdate.log and is stored in C:\Windows\System32 as FireGenReport.htm

FireGenReport.htm,CheckSur.log and sfcdetails.txt pack and attache to post

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/248422-unable-install-security-vista-update-kb967723.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I was updating W2000 earlier, I have installed Service Pack 4 and was downloading the Critical Updates from their site which all installed ok apart from Security Update for Windows 2000 (823980) .I have tried several times but it won't work, any ideas??

Relevancy 52.89%

Whenever I try to update I get an error code "80070005" If trying to install Microsoft Security Essentials I the get error code "0x80070006".
Can anyone tell me what these codes are and how to correct my problems. Thanks for the help.

A:Unable to update/Install Microsoft Security Essentials

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456579/unable-to-updateinstall-microsoft-security-essentials/
Relevancy 52.89%

This security update shows as succeeding, then a restart is required to finish.  Unfortunately the configuration does not complete and i get a black screen. I wait several minutes, but there is no logon screen, so I power off. On Safe Mode the configuration is reverted. Windows restarts and the KB is re-offered for reinstall.

Other windows updates are installing successfully including those requiring restart. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628298/security-update-for-windows-7-kb3175024-will-not-complete-install/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,
New here, have an Acer netbook that won't let me install this security update.
Am running MBAM and Spybot along with the parts of MSE that will load, but
am concerned about this failure to install.

Am wondering if this will be easy to fix, or reuire me to
take the pc to the shop that built it.

Ideas appreciated.

Dave

A:Acer Netbook...cannot install KB2833941 security update

Uninstall .NET Framework 1.1. Then download the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool
Unzip and run the cleanup tool and from the drop-down box, select 1.1 and clean.
Reinstall .NET Framework 1.1
Download and install .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
Visit Windows Update or Microsoft Update and let it install the rest of the 1.1 updates including KB2833941.
Check if it's installs and report back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501029/acer-netbookcannot-install-kb2833941-security-update/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have been unable to get Windows update to install Security Update for Windows 7 (KB2872339) and Internet Explorer 11 for many months. I currently have IE9. The Update window use to include IE10, but that no longer is listed even though the computer is running IE9.

I've tried all the fixes I can find on the interent. Nothing has worked.

I tried downloading KB2872339 from the Microsoft website. When it tries to install it, I get the message that it is not applicalbe for my machine.

Just to confuse the issue, when Windows update runs, it states that KB2872339 was successful, only to have it listed again that it needs to be installed.

Any help woukd be appreciated.

John

A:Security Update for Windows 7 (KB2872339) & IE11 will not install

well; if i were you; do not install ie11; as ie11 is really designed for windows 8; and will get rid of any gadgets you have in 7 and cause other problems. I had that problem with 11. I installed it only to find out that my gadgets were gone. To resolve the issue i uninstalled 11 and went back to 10. You should still be able to find 10 on microsoft's site somewhere. As for the security update; make sure it says whether or not its designed for 32 or 64 bit windows 7; as ive had updates come up via the update; that i thought were designed for my version of 7; but ended up being for the other one for some reason. Also; as for it not installing; i would read what the error says and click on more info and see what the page for it shows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/329735-security-update-windows-7-kb2872339-ie11-will-not-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have some important security questions that I would like answered If you were to strip important security questions... 5 down a web browser to remove all plugins and Javacsript are there any browser exploits that would work Can it still be hacked How would you go about downloading something like Tor or Tails properly given that the NSA has packet injection systems like QUANTUMINSERT see Snowden docs Couldn't they just send you a fake version of Tor which has spying built into it Can the BIOS of a computer communicate 5 important security questions... with the network or not I've heard about BIOS keyloggers but how could the BIOS 5 important security questions... even transfer that keylogged data to anywhere else on the system Surely unless the main operating system requested data from the BIOS then it couldn't obtain it in the first place Surely the BIOS can't just push out this data over the network by itself If you were to use a tool like DBAN to totally write over the hard drive would that totally wipe out any viruses I guess this goes back to the question on whether viruses can really hide in BIOS or not If you were to use a recording app on a phone or computer would this prevent someone listening to the microphone in the background picking up background noise I have noticed on a computer that a microphone can only be accessed by one application at a time Like if you use Audacity and Windows sound recorder at the same time it won't let you So if I had an app constantly recording in the background would that prevent someone from using a hack to listen to me in the background Thanks

A:5 important security questions...

1. If you were to strip down a web browser to remove all plugins and Javacsript... are there any browser exploits that would work...? Can it still be hacked..?

The browser itself may be vulnerable.  It's important to ensure that your device and all applications are kept up-to-date.  Remember, browser-based exploitation is only one attack vector in an exponentially growing methods of compromise.  Your underlying operating system maye be vulnerable; you may be running vulnerable versions of software, etc.  So yes, in general, you can still be hacked even if you take all of the proper steps to harden your browser.  Remember, we are layer 8 on the OSI model; we are the weakest link.  Don't forget that phishing and the social engineering category as a whole is the most dangerous; there are no patches for your mind other than to harden it with continuous education.

2. How would you go about downloading something like Tor or Tails properly, given that the NSA has packet injection systems like QUANTUMINSERT (see Snowden docs)..? Couldn't they just send you a fake version of Tor, which has spying built into it..?

Realistically, if the NSA wanted to know something about you (and you are in the US), it's likely that they actually already know it; or, rather, they will obtain that information regardless of whether you download anything.  That being said, I don't think the NSA as a whole is blindly using this technology to backdoor regular, every-day TOR downloads.  Even if they did, your browsing activity shouldn't matter to them; if you abide by the law, you have nothing to worry about.

3. Can the BIOS of a computer communicate with the network, or not...? I've heard about BIOS keyloggers, but how could the BIOS even transfer that keylogged data to anywhere else on the system...? Surely, unless the main operating system requested data from the BIOS, then it couldn't obtain it in the first place...? Surely the BIOS can't just push out this data over the network by itself...?

BIOS infections are extremely rare.  The sophistication of this malware and the skill-level of the author are exceptionally high.  I cannot answer all of your questions without speculation, but the BIOS is essentially a bunch of code to your OS.  To add components including networking, file system writing, etc. seems to be very unlikely due to the additional code required (thus increasing the BIOS' size).  For a BIOS keylogger to work, it would have to store the logs somewhere.  This is where my previous "file system writing" comment can be re-considered; as the BIOS would likely not support file system access/writing for all file systems due to the sheer amount of code required to do so.  But considering BIOS malware is at the firmware-level, and the most likely chance of receiving it is via a pre-infected device, it's not unlikely that the specific file system of the device was already taken into account, and who knows what else may reside on the previously-dirty device.

4. If you were to use a tool like DBAN to totally write over the hard drive, would that totally wipe out any viruses...? I guess this goes back to the question on whether viruses can really hide in BIOS or not...

No data removal software is perfect.  DBAN openly states that it cannot wipe SSDs.  Additionally, wiping your HDD is not good enough for BIOS malware (obviously) and wiping your HDD will not remove rootkits (that infect the MBR).  For rootkits, just delete the infected partitions and re-build.

5. If you were to use a recording app on a phone or computer, would this prevent someone listening to the microphone in the background... picking up background noise...?? I have noticed on a computer that a microphone can only be accessed by one application at a time... Like, if you use Audacity and Windows sound recorder at the same time, it won't let you.... So... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579081/5-important-security-questions/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have some important security questions that I would like answered If you were to strip down a web browser to remove all plugins and Javacsript are there any browser important security 5 questions... exploits that 5 important security questions... would work Can it still be hacked How would you go about downloading something like Tor or Tails properly given that the NSA has packet injection systems like QUANTUMINSERT see Snowden docs Couldn't they just send you a fake version of Tor which has spying built into it Can the BIOS of a computer communicate with the network or not I've heard about BIOS keyloggers but how could the BIOS even transfer that keylogged data to anywhere else on the system Surely unless the main operating system requested data from the BIOS then it couldn't obtain it in the first place Surely the BIOS can't just 5 important security questions... push out this data over the network by itself If you were 5 important security questions... to use a tool like DBAN to totally write over the hard drive would that totally wipe out any viruses I guess this goes back to the question on whether viruses can really hide in BIOS or not If you were to use a recording app on a phone or computer would this prevent someone listening to the microphone in the background picking up background noise I have noticed on a computer that a microphone can only be accessed by one application at a time Like if you use Audacity and Windows sound recorder at the same time it won't let you So if I had an app constantly recording in the background would that prevent someone from using a hack to listen to me in the background Thanks

1. All software can be breached - plugins/etc. just make it easier as that adds additional attack vectors.

2. Verify the MD5/SHA-1/etc. hashes from what you downloaded against what it's supposed to be. This goes for any file.

3. No the BIOS doesn't communicate over a network. There are, however, BIOS attacks such as BadBIOS (but aren't really widespread out in the wild).

4. Viruses/malware stored on the HDD yes.

5. Theoretically I suppose so, unless the malware was able to override the application and take over.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/5-important-security-questions-275211/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have some 5 security important questions... important security questions that I would like answered If you were to strip down a web browser to remove all plugins and Javacsript are there any browser exploits that would work Can it still be hacked How would you go about downloading something like Tor or Tails properly given that the NSA has packet injection systems like QUANTUMINSERT see Snowden docs Couldn't they just send you a fake version of Tor which has spying built into it Can the BIOS of a computer 5 important security questions... communicate with the network or not I've 5 important security questions... heard about BIOS keyloggers but how could the BIOS 5 important security questions... even transfer that keylogged data to anywhere else on the system Surely unless the main operating system requested data from the BIOS then it couldn't obtain it in the first place Surely the BIOS can't just push out this data over the network by itself If you were to use a tool like DBAN to totally write over the hard drive would that totally wipe out any viruses I guess this goes back to the question on whether viruses can really hide in BIOS or not If you were to use a recording app on a phone or computer would this prevent someone listening to the microphone in the background picking up background noise I have noticed on a computer that a microphone can only be accessed by one application at a time Like if you use Audacity and Windows sound recorder at the same time it won't let you So if I had an app constantly recording in the background would that prevent someone from using a hack to listen to me in the background Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

I have some important security questions that I would like answered If you were to strip down 5 important security questions... a web browser to remove all plugins and Javacsript are there any browser exploits that would work Can it still be hacked How would you go about downloading something like Tor or Tails properly given that the NSA has packet injection systems like QUANTUMINSERT see Snowden docs Couldn t they just send you a fake version of Tor which has spying built into it Can the BIOS of a computer communicate 5 important security questions... with the network or not I ve heard about BIOS keyloggers but how could the BIOS even transfer that keylogged data to anywhere else on the system Surely unless the main operating system requested data 5 important security questions... from the BIOS then it couldn t obtain it in the first place Surely the BIOS can t just push out this data over the network by itself If you were to use a tool like DBAN to totally write over the hard drive would that totally wipe out any viruses I guess this goes back to the question on whether viruses can really hide in BIOS or not If you were to use a recording app on a phone or computer would this prevent someone listening to the microphone in the background picking up background noise I have noticed on a computer that a microphone can only be accessed by one application at a time Like if you use Audacity and Windows sound recorder at the same time it won t let you So if I had an app constantly recording in the background would that prevent someone from using a hack to listen to me in the background Thanks nbsp

Hi,

1. This is a question best addressed by pen testers. Most vulnerabilities need javascript to activate. But I couldn't say 100% sure that there can't be any exploits that don't need javascript.

2. As with all downloads, if the site supplies a MD5 or SHA1 hash, then you can check your download to see if it matches.

4. DBAN would wipe everything on the hd. And as for BIOS bootkits, you may find a download from the motherboard vendor that updates the BIOS. That would over write the existing BIOS and any modifications to it.

5. The best thing to do for microphones is to buy one that has a on/off switch. If you can't find one, you can easily get a on/off switch from Radio Shack and fiddle with the wire yourself. Or you can simply unplug the microphone when not in use, that would be the simplest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-important-security-questions.1149772/
Relevancy 52.03%

Had been running Emsisoft anti malware on deep scan and patches or update. manually to install auto MS Unable security via found following results four fake av attempts and trojan exploit java cve - Attempted to remove same Unable to install MS security patches manually or via auto update. and was unble to do so Keyboard and mouse froze had to unplug from power to shut down Ran scan again this time took more than hours normall full scan hours reported trojan still present and again froze up as above Since then I have removed and reinstalled java latest version and uninstalled emsisoft anti malware program Attempted to run Dr web system became unstable even in enhanced protection mode rendered both mouse and keyboard ineffective again had to power down Rebooted in safe mode was able to run Dr web in quick scan which reported no malicious activity However when exiting message came on saying part of application was disabled and did not run All of this came about because I am unable to install MS security patches Virus or malware is blocking same I have had experience with running GMER program in past and tried several runs each time system either rebooted or shut down with out indicating any root kit activity Will attach GMER log and DDS log as requested Any help would be greatly appreciated As of now I am missing four possibly five critical MS security patches and have to click mouse or times for any actions to occur Prior to the blocking system was running without incidence DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by john d'orsi at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Secunia PSI psi tray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery Monitor exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Roxio RoxioNow Player RNowSvc exe C Program Files Secunia PSI PSIA exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Secunia PSI sua exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun LaunchApp Alaunch mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun AppleSyncNotifier c program files com... Read more

A:Unable to install MS security patches manually or via auto update.

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programs, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.
===

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.[list]
alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
Then click on the Scan button.

If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

For complete or visual instructions on installing and running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware please read this link

Post back with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log once it's complete.
===

Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
Disable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/unable-to-install-ms-security-patches-manually-or-via-auto-update-582214.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello and thanks in advance for you help.

Having purchased this PC from an acquaintance for my son last week, we are unfortunately having redirection problems surfing and difficulties installing or updating security programs.

Using any browser (but I commonly use Chrome) I'm constantly redirected to one of several sites such ASK.com, shagaholic.com, ebay, youtube....
With regards to installing programs Ive tried but failed to install AVG and my ISP's (virgin media) free software. I have managed to install Ad Aware but I cannot update the definitions and have the same problem with all windows updates.

I ran Malwarebytes but the system crashed last night after 14 hours of running and reaching nearly 1.9 million files.

I hope that this info helps

A:Browser Redirection and unable to update / install security progams

I think Ive managed to repair the PC with a couple of tools as Im no longer being redirected, can receive updates and have the speed that one would normally expect.

Therefore please feel free to close this thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/360043/browser-redirection-and-unable-to-update-install-security-progams/
Relevancy 52.03%

This is no hotfix but resolution for those that have start encountering issues with the Kb2823324 lately....

"You receive an Event ID 55 or a 0xc000021a Stop error in Windows 7 after you install security update 2823324"

Article ID: 2839011 - Last Review: April 12, 2013 - Revision: 2.0

A:Stop error in Windows 7 after you install security update 2823324

You beat me to it Good post

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/286105-stop-error-windows-7-after-you-install-security-update-2823324-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Windows update is failed after install Bitdefender internet security.

The error code of windows update is 80246008, and the error code of background intelligent transfer service (BTIS) in eventviewer is 2147024894. So, I changed BITS into auto(delay), but BITS stops repeatedly when I was trying to perform windows update 5 times after rebooting.

A:Windows update is failed after install Bitdefender internet security

Did you try turning off Bitdefender and then try Windows update?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-update-is-failed-after-install-bitdefender-internet-security.48440/
Relevancy 52.03%

I was running a number of automatic updates most of them installed quot Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP on Windows XP Windows Vista and Windows Server x KB quot did not I just keep receiving quot Error Code x quot So far I ve tried a number of fixes to no avail I cannot really remember the exact links But I tried two different Microsoft FixIts intended for similar problems MicrosoftFixit wu LB RunMicrosoftFixit ProgramInstallUninstall MATSKB RunI ve also tried Miscrosoft s NetFxRepairTool And finally I tried installing the newest version of Windows Installer and getting the file manually but when I go to install quot NDP sp -KB -X quot it just keeps telling me quot The feature you are trying to use is on a network service that is unavailable Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package netfx msi in the box below quot and it shows me this box where I can browse for a location I have no idea what the location would be or even if what it wants is actually on this computer On a side note I ve been having this message pop up in my browser allot lately quot Security Warning Although this page is encrypted the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party Are you sure you want to continue sending this information quot Mostly if not only Microsoft sites keep telling me this It also seems that every Microsoft site I visit wants me to log on to Windows Live which might explain that but it s never done that before and isn t doing it on any other computers I own Security (KB2698023) .NET on Update 1.1 Cannot Windows for Framework install Microsoft XP SP1

A:Cannot install Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP (KB2698023)

Download the KB2698023 to desktop and try to install from there -Next run the automated troubleshooter in this KB article from start to finish, reboot & see if the update will install:? How to fix MSI software update registration corruption issueshttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/971187If no joy, see...? You receive ?0x80070643? or ?0x643? error codes when you try to install .NET Framework updates through Windows Update or Microsoft Updateshttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982Now try the first link again -If these are the ones you have used, please post back and we can look for other ways to install -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475327/cannot-install-security-update-for-microsoft-net-framework-11-sp1-on-windows-xp-kb2698023/
Relevancy 52.03%

A anti-spyware supplier wants to sell me a security program because they have found a blocked section on my virus scan. They found a line "Security is blocked by User" What is so important that they think they need to supply me a new expensive program?

A:Why is important security is blocked by user

Sounds to me like you have been scammed. Has this security company contacted ou by phone, or is it a pop up on your computer telling you to purchase and install their software ? More info please.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/why-is-important-security-is-blocked-by-user.4049022/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am running Win and IE I was trying to install CM on a tablet connected to my computer The install halted due to an unrecognized Gapps zip so I did a Google search on by "Important I Message"? Am Security infected my PC for compatible gapps files Am I infected by "Important Security Message"? to the rom I planned to use One of the search results indicated a file that would work with any rom When I clicked to save this file it redirected me to a site my IE browser flashed a screen on top of the site teling me to call the number on my screen In addition there was an audio loop Important Security Message Call the number on your screen Do not do any shopping or banking It kept running with the same message The browser would not close My AVG virus did not alert me beforehand I tried task manager to stop it but did not see a program or process that looked like it was linked to the site or message After a very long time had to turn off the sound I decided to shut down the computer It restarted without a recurrence of the problem I scanned using malwarebytes and AVG No threats were found Several scans later there still were no threats found but the computer runs slower when using IE I feel like there is something there but cannot tell

A:Am I infected by "Important Security Message"?

Hi cajunsaint,

Let's check for junkware.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

Click Go and note the saved Result.txt on your desktop, to copy into your reply

Please download AdwCleaner and save to your Desktop.
Right click and "Run as Administrator"
Click on the Scan button.
After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile will open in Notepad for review.
A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool, or you can save it to the desktop to be easily found for your reply.
Please let me know if this application removes something you want to keep on your system

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Right click and "Run as Administrator".
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
On completion a log will open, note the saved JRT.txt on your desktop to copy into your reply
Please run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
To export the log click on History > then click your scan log > Export > text file
Save on your desktop
ESET Online scanner

Follow this link or right click and "copy link location", then paste the link into the address bar on your newly opened browser instance
Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
Firstly, Accept the Terms and click Start
Click Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications and click Start again.

ESET will then download updates, install and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.

When the scan completes, click List of found threats. Note: If no malware was found you will not get a list.

Click Export to text file and save the log on your desktop. Then click the Back button.

Check Uninstall application on close and Delete quarantined files, then click the Finish button.

When you click finish the browser will not close but will offer you ESET products. Be aware the scan has actually finished and you need to close the browser window and reboot your computer to complete the process.
Please save the log to your desktop for your reply.
Copy and paste the output of the logs into your next reply.

How is your computer running now?

TsVk!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599399/am-i-infected-by-important-security-message/
Relevancy 51.6%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION Acacia MS C AR Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled The problem started when windows ran a security check and found the following virus Win Alureon Went on line and tried to fix the problem by trying to download the security update for windows KB and I get an error message every time quot WindowsUpdate FFFFFFFF quot quot WindowsUpdate dt quot I know I need to install and Vista Windows Virus problem for update trying to security (KB2392802) install Service Pack and Service Pack for Windows Vista but I can t because it won t let me pass the above error message What Virus and problem trying to install security update for Windows Vista (KB2392802) can I do to fix this I tried to update Service Pack KB but it s not listed when you go through the control panel to find updates Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-and-problem-trying-to-install-security-update-for-windows-vista-kb2392802.1000293/
Relevancy 51.6%

My sisters Desktop is a in AND error Security Savedump.exe AND install exeption update Firewall can't InstallerCore(TM) little bit sick I noticed the following items - - Savedump Savedump.exe error AND Security update can't install AND InstallerCore(TM) in Firewall exeption exe error At boot before the desktop uis lanched this error message comes up DUTCH Savedump.exe error AND Security update can't install AND InstallerCore(TM) in Firewall exeption Savedump exe - kan onderdeel niet vinden Deze toepassing kan niet worden gestart omdat DBGHELP dll niet kan worden gevonden Het opnieuw installeren dan deze toepassing kan dit probleem oplossen ENGLISH translated Savedump exe - cant find this part This program can start because DBGHELP dll can t be found Installing this program can agoin can solve this problem - - Security update can t install Windows auto update comes with this message DUTCH Sommige updates kunnen niet worden geinstalleerd De volgende updates zijn niet geinstalleerd ------------------------------------------------------------------- Beveiliginsgupdate voor Microsoft NET Framwork SP op Windows Server en Windows XP x KB ------------------------------------------------------ ENGLISH translated Some updates can t be installed The following update are not installed ------------------------------------------------------------------- Security update for Microsoft NET Framwork SP op Windows Server and Windows XP x KB ------------------------------------------------------------------- - - At shutdown machine suddenly shuts off While shutting down the machine is suddenly shut off while there is still the Windows blue shutdown screen with the message that machine preparing for shutdown While booting the message that the machine was not shutdown correct shows up - - InstallerCore in Firewall exeption In configuration screen Classic view - gt Firewall - gt tab Exeption I see twice the name InstallerCore I unchecked both checkboxes Here is the DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by carla at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA FW AVG Internet Security Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files AFAS Software MSSQL PROFITSQL Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpqWRG exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files FreePDF XP fpassist exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp search babylon com affID amp tt vs amp babsrc HP ss amp mntrId d e bd c eed ae uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO I Want This - - - - - c program files i want this I Want This dl... Read more

A:Savedump.exe error AND Security update can't install AND InstallerCore(TM) in Firewall exeption

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/454710 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454710/savedumpexe-error-and-security-update-cant-install-and-installercoretm-in-firewall-exeption/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I cannot install this as I keep getting an error saying it cannot be installed. I don't necessarily want it, I just don't want the update to display anymore. Is this possible?

Do I need another update to replace it?

Thank you,
Lynne

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-windows-net-framework-1-1-service-pack-1-security-update-kb953297.881742/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok I ve been doing this that have lot users measure of for security important a computers for a while so I thought I d share it - it will work on any NT XP machine probably vista too go to start-run type quot secpol msc quot without the quotes and important security measure for computers that have a lot of users hit enter Go to quot Security Options quot under local policies - scroll to Network security LAN Manager authentication level Change this settings to quot send NTLMv response only refuse LM quot Also change Network security Do not store LAN Manager hash value on next password change to quot enabled quot Then change your password This is important if you have lots of people accessing a computer because it is relatively easy to crack anyones password including the admin by using a simple brute force method of checking hash tables I believe someone correct me on this if i m wrong if you have a password over characters long even if its stored in the LM hash a hacker will only be able to get the characters of the password You can also change Network security Minimum session security clients Network security minimum session security servers Set those both to quot require NTLMv quot and quot require -bit encryption quot Anyway hope this helps If you are a home user you don t really need to worry about this seeing as a hacker would need physical access to boot from a CD to crack your password nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/important-security-measure-for-computers-that-have-a-lot-of-users.700761/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ars Technica article here.

Categories discussed are:
1) Firewall
2) Anti-virus
3) Anti-spyware and Anti-adware
4) Encryption
5) Watchdog

Everyone with a computer (Windows, Mac, or Unix/Linux) should read this article.

-- Tom

A:Five important security apps for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows

Tom,
Thanks for this, perhaps you can advise me:
I'm running Xubuntu on a Wubi set up. The 'host' laptop runs XP with paid (ie full) versions of ZoneAlarm and AVG.
What security progs should I install on the Xubuntu system?

Thanks.
Richard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/five-important-security-apps-for-linux-mac-os-x-and-windows.707013/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi nbsp We have an 2 to Security Server for 2012 fails install (KB3045321) Pack Update Service SQL issue with Security Update for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 (KB3045321) fails to install this security update as it Security Update for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 (KB3045321) fails to install keeps on failing to install in windows update I receive error code A A What I have did was to manually install the the update from the MS site and the machine shows it has been installed and when I ran updates again windows updates picks this security update again even though its installed nbsp I have removed SQL server developer edition nbsp and all of its components restarted the machine Did windows updates and then installed SQL again and manualy installed nbsp KB and still after running windows updates windows shows tries to install this update nbsp My company runs reports from WSUS regarding failed windows updates This machine appears in the report even though its installed I have tried hiding this update and still it appears in the report nbsp I then built another machine did windows updates installed SQL server developer edition ran windows updates and again it fails to install the security update It gives the same error message nbsp A A Again installed update manually and still windows updates tries to install this update again nbsp Any ideas nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ff0fc5af-b267-4b36-926a-be1a650038fe/security-update-for-sql-server-2012-service-pack-2-kb3045321-fails-to-install?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.17%

I have Secunia on my Acer Windows 8 laptop. According to latest scan today it's telling me I need an update for Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.x That I don't understand since I've updated the laptop every time updates have been offered unless Microsoft failed to send it. (However, I haven't undated to Windows 8.1 yet -- I always hang back on that kind of major update to see what happens with everybody else.) I might be savy about a heck of a lot of things to do with computers but I don't know anything about that particular program. I started to read some stuff on it on the net, however, there's so much disagreement on it I gave up trying to figure out what to do. I hope I can get some good advice on that issue here. HELP!

A:Might Be Missing An Update That Could Be Important

Microsoft only publishes new updates for Windows on Tuesdays at 3am but unless if you don't install those updates those updates will be offered to you later if you choose to do so manually. Windows by default installs security important updates by automatically. To see if that update was installed go to the control panel select "Windows Update" then select "View Update History" Windows is great at managing updates on it's own you can also select not to automatically install Windows updates, and choose which ones to update and install. There is no need for 3rd party software to do this for you.

How To Change Windows Update Settings in Windows 8 & 8.1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/might-be-missing-an-update-that-could-be-important-792322.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey

Sorry if this sounds like a really amateur question, but on some websites I see links to update your drivers via a download, and since you're not installing any new hardware, what's the significance of downloading something onto one of your drivers? How does your computer run better after updating? When do you know to replace the driver you have with a new one?

Sophie

Relevancy 51.17%

hi
today i did check for new update
and the windows 8.1 updater found an important update
western digital techologies-other hardware-wd ses device

but i haven't western digital hard drivers ..it'a laptop with a ssd installed

did you notice such upate?

thanks

A:wd ses device in the important update

I didn't get one. Did you install the SSD or did it come with your PC? If you installed it, it could be that the drivers from your old(possibly a WD?) and any registry keys are picked up by Windows update. I've noticed with Ccleaner, it shows a program that is already uninstalled sometimes in Cleaner Applications tab. I then have to go into the registry and do a recursive search for left over keys so it will stop showing up.
Or are you using an USB HDD?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/60941-wd-ses-device-important-update.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone I have an problem with my Windows Professional bit system My problem is similar to this thread but since it's old and one poster mentioned quot do not necro-post quot I decided to make a new thread OK so I have a problem When prompt to install an important update I want to know what I am installing So I click onto details This image pops up This problem occurs on other system also but I have rule out the Internet as an issue I have tried with mobile broadband direct connection to the modem tethering with my iPhone I got it when I worked for Apple sex months and my Android sorry important details update Can see not about no Windows phone yet they are too expensive considering my Can not see details about important update needs I am running a Windows Professional bit operating system on a home-built system that has this specification Motherboard ASRock G M-GS CPU Intel Core Duo E MB Cache MHz X FSB MHz RAM GB DDR GPU AMD Radeon HD or the box says and the AMD update says Any thoughts on troubleshooting Kind regards Winky

A:Can not see details about important update

It's seems my picture did not work that well from SkyDrive. Here is a link from my Dropbox instead.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rva168sqfk...dowsUpdate.png

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/276717-can-not-see-details-about-important-update.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Windows Update has often put my system in some interesting situations and I truly never want to update ever again I recently reinstalled my system and the last time I did updates my system prompted me to restart and was instead left hanging on the quot shutting down quot message for an important? Windows Update Is hour forcing me to shut it down improperly Truth is I don't use any Microsoft apps except Windows Explorer and I only browse sites that I know are generally safe Instead of using Internet Explorer I use Firefox with NoScript Ghostery WOT Adblock Plus and I've even updated the main plugins Java etc I also have Malwarebytes and Norton as well I've also never Is Windows Update important? understood the importance of Is Windows Update important? driver updates either my system seems to run the same with or without them I'm even beginning to think that updating is causing my system to work harder in the background rather than when it was in factory condition but is this true So many questions

A:Is Windows Update important?

You have some good anti-malware software and keep Java updated, yet you fail to see the significance of keeping the operating system updated........??????

Fact : your system is more secure and runs better if the OS is updated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/272922-windows-update-important.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,
I'am downloading very important files but I'm afraid that my computer might switch off because windows update gave me a notice that the computer will switch off after an update and the maximum amount of time you can postpone the computer to switch off is 4 hours (That's what I done). I will not be able to use the computer for more than 4 hours.
So this is what I did>> I think I turned windows update off by choosing the option of 'Never check for update (not recommended).

Now the question is> Will my computer switch off within 4 hours after I leave it?
If it will, then how can I make it not switch off.

PLEASE NOTE: The download is NOT resumable.
EDIT: I'm using Windows 7.

Thank you for reading.

A:[IMPORTANT] Windows Update

In my experience if you are still using the computer at the end of that 4 hours it will give you another warning and you will be able to postpone it again for another 4 hours. Then repeat process until the download is done. I am not sure if turning updates off will have stopped the countdown.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-windows-update-503478.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone, I have been having problems installing the kb976932 update for weeks now. I feel like I tried everything. Im about ready to take a sledge hammer to this thing!

My main question, is this really that important?

I am mainly trying to install a printer to my computer which is unsuccessful and one of the troubleshooting suggestion by the printer manufacturer is to make sure the Windows updates are installed. Idk if this could be the problem or not.

A:Is the kb976932 update really that important?

This is Service Pack 1, so it very well could be the answer. I'm not saying that it is because I can't know.

Here's an official Microsoft website for Service Pack 1:

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Source: Information about Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2

The official Microsoft website for Service Pack 1 has a link to download Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center:

Download Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) from Official Microsoft Download Center

You'll see a big list of files to download. Here's some text that explains what each one is for:

Information
7601.17514.101119-1850_Update_Sp_Wave1-GRMSP1.1_DVD.iso - This DVD image contains standalone update for all architectures.
windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe - This application installs Sp1 to a 32-bit machine running Windows 7.
windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe - This application installs Sp1 to a 64-bit machine running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
windows6.1-KB976932-IA64.exe - This application installs Sp1 to an Itanium 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.X86FRE.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (free) for 32-bit machines.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.X86CHK.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (checked) for 32-bit machines.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.AMD64FRE.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (free) for 64-bit machines. This contains debugging symbols for both Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.AMD64CHK.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (checked) for 64-bit machines. This contains debugging symbols for both Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.IA64FRE.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (free) for Itanium 64-bit machines.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.IA64CHK.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (checked) for Itanium 64-bit machines.
You will want either windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe (32-bit) or windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe (64-bit) depending on whether you have 32-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit. Be cautious because there's one named windows6.1-KB976932-IA64.exe. That is for Itanium 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/282768-kb976932-update-really-important.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all,
I haven't been here lately, I just didn't have time I was busy trying to build a small company.

important note regarding Qihoo 360 total security essential
I've been tasting the product that replacing 360IS but unfortunately it doesn't update BD engines, further more even if updating it manually it updates only one engine avira

A:important note regarding Qihoo 360 total security essential

i am reporting to qihoo.

They will solve the problem if it is true.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/important-note-regarding-qihoo-360-total-security-essential.46049/
Relevancy 50.74%

i am having problems installing most microsoft updates that become available am using windows xp home edition here is the error i recieve when trying to install m s s e quot Can't complete the microsoft security essentials installation wizard An error has prevented the microsoft security essentials installation wizard from continuing Please restart your computer and try again quot and i have quot The microsoft security essentials installation wizard has returned your computer to it's original state quot Error code Ox I also have the following windows updates that will not install Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Jscript for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP KB Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB and microsoft other important installing security updates essentials not Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for microsoft essentials and other important security updates not installing Windows XP KB Security Update for microsoft essentials and other important security updates not installing Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP microsoft essentials and other important security updates not installing KB Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP KB here are my logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data TheWeatherNetwork WeatherEye WeatherEye exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe Updater AdobeUpdater exe C WINDOWS system lxbtcoms exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files VideoLAN VLC vlc exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No File TB Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll TB BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - No File TB C E A- F - E-B E- B - No File TB BC FFE -DE F- FA-B -AAD B F - No File TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live ... Read more

A:microsoft essentials and other important security updates not installing

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/microsoft-essentials-and-other-important-security-updates-not-installing-470067.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I got this problem for a long time I tried to reinstall my dell m three time still does not change anything I am having prevent after install | Dell Security windows tools login me protection Data update from Dell M Precision Workstation I recently install windows on it I installed the Dell data protection security tool it s running fine I can login through fingerprint and password fine every time However Dell Data protection | Security tools prevent me from login after windows install update whenever windows install an update that requires restart to finish install right after I restart I input my password swipe my fingerprint but system keep saying login is incorrect I just can not login I use restart the laptop won t restart it shows restarting for minute or and goes back to login screen not power off and on at all I have to press power button to power down my laptop and power on again in order to logon and after that windows just running slow I have to reboot several times in order to recover its speed And I tried resinstall windows and everything times the problem keep showing up and I pay attention to windows update I notice that as long as the windows update requires a reboot the problem will showing up there is not particular update causing this problem anyone have any idea

A:Dell Data protection | Security tools prevent me from login after windows install update

Looking at how old this post is and the fact that there are no answers from Dell's "finest", I doubt my issue will be addressed either.
My issue involves the same POS software. I can log into the laptop just fine and enroll a finger for my domain admin account, HOWEVER - this software is preventing me from using MS Remote Desktop.  RD client loads and I can supply my username and password, but the client locks up when I click connect.  I'd like to be able to log into my laptop with my finger, but I can't have this software installed with this problem that it causes.  When I uninstall it I can log into Remote Desktop without a problem.  This has to be fixed.  I am running Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19600265
Relevancy 50.31%

Good morning,

Several weeks ago I received an update for Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5. Unfortunately when WinPatrol asked permission to accept these new updates, I mistakenly clicked no.

I have looked for ways to undo my mistake: I checked my list of installed updates and found 2 Hotfixes for .Net Framework 3.5, KB953595 and KB958484. Also the Firefox addons window shows a new addition: .Net Framework Assistant 1.0. I have searched for the appropriate updates on the Microsoft Update website, but only became lost and confused.

I believe these .Net Framework updates are important for my computer and should be reinstalled correctly. However, I do not know which updates to uninstall nor the correct .Net update to reinstall.

Will someone please advise?

Thank you,

Vaesther

A:Need to Find and Reinstall An Important Update

Check this out and see if it offers what you meed.
http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/netframework.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-find-and-reinstall-an-important-update.799359/
Relevancy 50.31%

When Windows 8.1 pro starts up a message saying Windows Update. Important updates are available Go to PC, it stays very briefly.

Checking Windows updates it says no updates so I checked for updates and it found none, I have Windows update to Install update automatically.

Has any one else had this message or know what the cause is?

Walter

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/69587-windows-update-important-updates-available-go-pc.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP (KB911567)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BC-6FA1-405A-933E-FB422A4E8096&displaylang=en (Download webpage)

Brief Description
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system using Outlook Express and gain control over it.

This rollup was re-released on Apr 26, 2006

Refer to Security Bulletin MS06-016 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS06-016.mspx

Refer to Knowledge Base (KB) article KB911567 here:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911567

Note: the original rollup was originally released on Apr 11th, but had problems hence the new rollup was released on Apr 26, 2006.

-- Tom

A:Microsoft Update MS06-016 - Important!

Tom,
I'll stick this for a few days. Do you want it locked?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-update-ms06-016-important.463154/
Relevancy 50.31%

I know this isn't the 'Email' section. However, more people watch this section so I'm posting here. I started to experience 'Mail' problems in my new, (Jan.), notebook with Win8. The emails I sent were going into the Outbox folder & remaining there. I figured out how to delete them by turning off the Wi-Fi connection. But then someone in the forum told me about updating my apps. I hadn't physically updated any apps since I bought the notebook. Suffice to say after the 'Mail' app had been updated everything started to work ok plus new features which made it easier to operate. So important to update all your apps!!!!

A:Important to update 'MAIL' app & other apps.

Hello Robin,

Yes indeed. It's important to keep one's Store apps in Windows 8 updated to keep them patched with the latest bug and security fixes. As you discovered, they may even stop working properly if not kept updated.

Apps - Update in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/25482-important-update-mail-app-other-apps.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This is for you early users of Win 8; http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/advisory/2755801

The vulnerability is 'known to be under active attack' so, if you haven't already got this via automatic update, you need to get it now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/important-update-for-adobe-flash-in-ie-10.1069972/
Relevancy 50.31%

What about make it possible to when fans are opened one can have undelying have great update question IE. important of I an in a fans too for each fans if one like I find it very usefull if one is trying to study lets say wikipedia where you need to find underlying facts about the fact you are reading about Let me give an example Atom ----- Proton and fan next to it maybe could be neutron and so on lt --under here is the underlying fan of the first top fan Or a fan under a fan under a fan I have an important question of a great update in IE. and so on Would make it much easier if one is searching and reading the undelying things about the top thing you are studying Reason for underlying fans is to make it easier and not confusing when going back and forth in what you read And on the next fan you can have other underlying fans I have an important question of a great update in IE. for the next topic of choosing that also ofc Is it possible to get this update Thx in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/i-have-an-important-question-of-a-great-update-in-ie-274824.html
Relevancy 50.31%

So far so good setting up new desktop. Should I update the bios? Does Windows 10 automatically update the drivers? 

A:How important is it to update the bios? Does Windo...

I don't know which machine you have, but in general Windows updates drivers and not a BIOS. You should update your BIOS if you are exibiting any of the symptoms that the update addresses.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/How-important-is-it-to-update-the-bios-Does-Windows10/td-p/432962
Relevancy 50.31%

I have two computers in the house on 8.1. I noticed yesterday that on one computer, a certain update was listed as optional, while on the other computer it was listed as important (ftr it was update 3132080). This is not the first time I've noticed that an update is listed differently on the two computers. Anyone know why this is? There really isn't much difference in the setup between the two computers.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/73928-update-optional-one-computer-important-another-why.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update for me so I attempted to install it However when it was done I was told that the installation failed I restarted the computer and attempted to install it again but it still failed I looked into more detail on what I was installing which was Microsoft NET Framework KB and went to the site it was based on and attempted to install it from there When the setup came up however I recieved this message quot KB v does not apply or is blocked by another condition on your computer quot I'm not entirely sure what this means and since this keeps Windows 7 for Important failing Update is apparently an important update for my laptop I ask if there is a way I can solve the problem also it's Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing getting irritating to have my laptop keep on reminding me to update something that Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing fails to update Thank you P S I don't know if this helps but my laptop has Norton

A:Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing

Norton may be blocking it, especially seeing this "KB2468871v2 does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer."

Read this KB2468871 System Update Install Error&#33; &#40;error 643&#41; - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/208499-important-update-windows-7-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello Forum,

One of my Windows updates (one of nine) failed earlier, but when I opened up my Update window again to see if I could retry, it doesn't give you the option to do it (first time in five years with this computer it has happened - ALL my updates have been successful). It shows the failed update in the Update History, but does not give you the option to install it again. How can I try to install that update again even though I can't locate the option to do it? Thank you.

A:One Important Windows Update Failed

There is usually a download from Microsoft's website.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300079-one-important-windows-update-failed.html
Relevancy 50.31%

for a couple of days now i've been trying to install the update for vista (32bit) KB942763. however every time i try to install it, i get the error 80070643. i've gone through the troubleshooting tips, still doesn't work. i've even tried downloading it from the microsoft site and installing it manually, but still nothing. any ideas?

A:important update kb942763 failure

Hi Desmodus

You could:

1) Ignore the failed update for a while & expect a patched update to fix it in a week or so, or -->

2) Try shutting off the Windows Update service, clearning WU temp files, and then restarting the WU service, as in the Microsoft procedure quoted below:

Quote:

To stop the Windows Update service
(You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps).
1. Open Administrative Tools --- by clicking Start, Control Panel, System and Maintenance, and then Administrative Tools.
2. Double-click Services. Administrator permission required. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Right-click the Windows Update service, and then click Stop.

To delete temporary update files
1. Open Computer --- by clicking Start, and then clicking Computer.
2. Double-click the local hard disk where Windows is installed, typically drive C.
3. Double-click the Windows folder, and then double-click the SoftwareDistribution folder.
4. Double-click the DataStore folder to open it, and then delete all files and folders in the folder. Administrator permission required. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
5. Click the Back button. In the SoftwareDistribution folder, double-click the Download folder to open it, and then delete all files in the folder. Administrator permission required. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

To restart the Windows Update service
(You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps).
1. Open Administrative Tools --- by clicking Start, Control Panel, System and Maintenance, and then Administrative Tools.
2. Double-click Services. Administrator permission required. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Right-click the Windows Update service, and then click Start.

3) Peruse the details of the Update, in case you have are using one of the programs that require extra steps for this time-zone update to work properly: --- http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=942763 --- links to direct downloads for the various flavors of the update are also available from that KB article.

4) Use the System Restore feature of Vista to restore your system files to a state prior to the installation of the latest patches, and try again.

If you have success with any of these, post back with your results so that other folks experiencing the same trouble can benefit from your solutions.
Thanks!

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-update-kb942763-failure-202492.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I was looking through my update history and I noticed this:

I no longer get the option to download or install it even when I do a manual check for updates.  How can I go about fixing this?

On the other hand, how important is this really?  I have Avast! as my antivirus, is Windows Defender that critical to keep updated?

Thanks.

---

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.201.1777.0)
Installation date: ‎7/‎14/‎2015 4:19 PM
Installation status: Canceled
Error details: Code 8024000B
Update type: Important
Install this update to revise the definition files that are used to detect viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.
More information:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/about/overview.mspx
Help and Support:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52661

A:Important Update says it was cancelled, how do I download it?

Hi windows8newb Even if avast! is your Antivirus, you can also use Windows Defender to scan your system, so it would be a good idea to keep it's definitions updated. Follow the instructions below please.System File Checker (SFC)Follow the instructions below to run a SFC scan on your system and to provide the CBS log in your next reply;On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as AdministratorOn Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);Enter the command below and press on Enter;sfc /scannowNote: There's a space between "sfc" and "/scannow";Once the scan is complete, enter the command below and press on Entercopy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"A file called cbs.txt will have appeared on your Desktop. Upload the file on Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive and post the download URL for it here;Note: Please note that the CBS.log is volatile, which means that if you don't upload it after the SFC scan is completed, it won't contains the information from the scan anymore. So archive it and upload it as soon as you can.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584857/important-update-says-it-was-cancelled-how-do-i-download-it/
Relevancy 50.31%
Relevancy 50.31%

Anyone receive the Important Update KB3035583 and installed it? If so, what
does it do and is it needed? The description seems to indicate that it modify
your system and get it ready for Win10.

I'm concerned that this might be a problem on my Win7 system and also allow
Microsoft to start nagging me about updating to Win10.

Really appreciate any thoughts/experiences you all care to share?

Thanks
gumboman

A:WIN7 Important Update KB3035583?

KB3035583 is a W-10 nag..
I keep it off of my systems.
You will see Microsoft offer it up now and again even if you have it hid.
Just watch for it and if you still don't want it, just hide it again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/392426-win7-important-update-kb3035583.html