Windows Support Forum

Solved: How to secure USB flashe drive

Q: Solved: How to secure USB flashe drive

I'm looking for recommendation to secure/encrypt/password protect a 4 GB Corsair flash drive. Something similar in functionality to the Kingston DataTraveler Secure Privacy Edition.

TIA

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: How to secure USB flashe drive

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 55.9%

It's the strangest thing. Sometimes when I have left my notebook open, I will not be  able to get the screen to come back on. Meanwhile, the light on my caps lock key will start flashing and won't stop. Finally, I just have to push the power button long enough to turn it completely off.  Then I close the lid, open it and turn it back on again. I cannot understand what is happening, especially the flashing caps lock key light. Does anyone have any idea?

A:When my notebook is open and asleep, my caps lock key flashe...

@barskin1 The following document is a bit dated; unless "blink codes" have changed recently, the information should help you track down the issue:HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot   HP Contact Information ? Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts -  USA / CanadaFill in form to receive Case Number and Contact InformationContact HP ? USA - Assistance HP Contact Information - Including UKHP Tech support/ Customer Service ? Some English-Speaking Countries HP World-Wide Support   Warranty Check  HP Customer Support - Product Warranty Check Optional Coverage Plans:Enter your product number in the form to view various Warranty plans available for that system:Care Pack Central CarePack Definitions (File may be slow to load in Firefox - Edge is faster...):Care Pack Services Definitions HP Consumer Services (Service Purchase Information)1-866-724-8600  When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/When-my-notebook-is-open-and-asleep-my-caps-lock-key-flashes/td-p/5846455
Relevancy 48.16%

I am having exactly the same problem as in the closed thread response to dpknauss. I, however, was unable to activate any of the links cited for the instructions to activate the TPM in my BIOS. Am I misinterpreting the .... in the URLs?

A:Solved: Broadcom Security Platform Personal Secure Drive Trusted Platform Module

Can you describe the problem in detail or at least provide a link to the thread you refer to ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-broadcom-security-platform-personal-secure-drive-trusted-platform-module.786742/
Relevancy 44.29%

Just going to throw this out and I have researched this somewhat We have company pc s and we re allowed to be on the internet We know that big brother can and does watch what we re doing I want a flash drive that I can plug in utilizing the company pc but only using the resources of the secure thumb on-the-go for drive internet secure thumb drive for on-the-go and be invisible leaving not a trace of what I m doing So I want to be able to browse surf yes portable firefox and most importantly I want to be able to download exe games or other programs and have my thumbdrive handle it I was told I would need an emulator or something and also most games require direct X As it is now if I quot DARE quot download a game on company PC which I do not it wants to install on PC There is no option of downloading in to my older G thumbdrive I need some direction as what is it that I need to get and do Thank you very much nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

So after reading a ton about SSD drives and finally getting one Intel X -M G I played around with it for a drive an SSD Secure Erase Cannot while today and figured that I would just do a secure erase to get it back to factory defaults before really getting it setup on my machine Cannot Secure Erase an SSD drive Turns out the Secure Cannot Secure Erase an SSD drive Erase app or won't work as the BIOS of my machine sends a quot freeze lock quot command thus these tools cannot touch the drive I've tried the Linux bootable CD with hdparm tool as well and it to shows that the device is locked thus it cannot proceed I've tried the Secure Erase tool from Cannot Secure Erase an SSD drive several machines and all result in same thing Secure Erase gets to welcome screen where it would display the attached hard drives and that is as far as it goes So anybody got any suggestions According to people who make Secure Erase a least desirable workaround is to boot the machine with no power attached to the drive and then connect power while the machine is running Well obviously with a brand new hard drive I don't want to do that

A:Cannot Secure Erase an SSD drive

Nevermind. I found a computer at my house where this functionality works as it should. I was able to successfully secure erase my drive on my Intel X25-M G2 drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25403-cannot-secure-erase-ssd-drive.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there sometimes you want to REALLY erase a HDD -- this FREE method will write X' ' (FREE) drive of a erase SECURE HDD - Hex zeros - on every writeable are on your disk -- destroying removing previous data -- while this isn't of military strength or quot CIA quot proof it's certainly good enough for normal home purposes A normal delete doesn't actually delete DATA SECURE erase of a HDD drive (FREE) until that space is reclaimed and overwritten it merely deletes SECURE erase of a HDD drive (FREE) the file entry from the directory so unscrupulous people could access some of your data If a Disk has been contaminated with a Virus this is also a good way to ensure it's GONE too I always do this procedure if I'm giving away an old computer of I acquire some used HDD's you never know what might be on them I also do this if I'm installing re-installing Windows from scratch -so I'm sure that the Windows disk is clean -- nothing lurking in the MBP partition table areas of the disk You need access to a Linux system either as a Host or even as a VM - works fine -- or even simply boot up one of the LIVE distros available anywhere so you don't even need to install anything and boot from a USB now simply use this simple command dd if dev zero of dev sda bs k conv notrunc if is the INPUT file I- in this case simply a Null hex of is your output disk in this case dev sda you can use the command df which will list your disks or even FDISK -l similar to the Windows command To check just type dd if dev sda hexdump -C grep Most windows users could easily handle this I'm sure -- pity Windows doesn't AFAIK have this type of command in it to erase completely a Disk Merely doing quot CLEAN create partition primary and reformatting it won't erase a disk completely - some of these data recovery systems can even recover data from a newly formatted partition If this type of approach scares you - then you could look for some Windows freebie rd party software -- but I'm beginning to get a bit paranoid about some rd party software that's making the rounds these days especially with things like HDD utilities --often it's not the utility itself but the download sites - which confuse people as to where the download is have toolbars other helpers adware trialware etc I regard myself as a fairly experienced use and I regularly find some sites really hard to get the proper download from --nearly loaded wrong software more than once - so using an OS IMO is the safest way BTW you can also CLONE a complete disk with this too -- although it takes a while as it's a byte to byte copy -- and if target disk is larger than source disk you'll have to re-size partition with a partition manager such as GPARTED usually standard in the Linux Live systems -dd if dev sda of dev sdb bs k conv notrunc noerror Actually that's all Clonezilla is anyway - just a GUI wrapped around the DD command While there are some useful commands in the windows command shell it seems that it's getting ever harder to find and use them -- it would be nice if things like the Power shell had some sort of decent documentation -- or even brief documentation like the Linux Man command Perhaps in the general dumbing down of the system these days Ms doesn't want people to know that there IS even a command line any more Cheers jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/45543-secure-erase-hdd-drive-free.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Issue When I plug my Jump Drive Secure into my laptop Win SE and try to run the secure software it says that it cannot find MFC U dll file I re-installed the drivers for the drive and downloaded the dll from one of those dll sites stuck it in the Secure Jump Lexar Drive right folder and the program finds it but it says it can t run in Win or because it uses Unicode features only supported in NT I guess is not NT based Anyone know how I can get it working again Issue Not really related to When Lexar Jump Drive Secure I plug the same drive into my desktop Win XP Pro I get the little quot Remove Hardware quot icon in the tray but that s all I can t do anything with the icon and the drive does not appear in My Computer Everest can see the drive however Recently I need to try it again though the computer would just freeze when I plug it in and I d have to hard re-start I need to try it again because I was messing with the BIOS too I got that sorted out I really need the drive to work on the desktop because I use it a lot for school Anyone know how I can get it working here EDIT I tried it again and the only difference is it didn t freeze the computer just Media Player when I had it look for devices to sync to I took the drive out and the icon is still in the tray I think it ll crash-ish when I go to shut it down EDIT It also can t open Media Player anymore probably until I re-start which I ll do now Media player appears in the running processes list but I can t end it Lexar Jump Drive Secure EDIT After Lexar Jump Drive Secure the re-boot everything works fine again It froze while I was doing something in Trilian so I had to use the reset button EDIT I did a full system repair on both computers and the problem is the same

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/38546/lexar-jump-drive-secure/
Relevancy 43.86%

I need to return a desktop computer. I just turned on bit locker and plan on also erasing the drive as well (after bitlocker is complete). It is an SSD.

Out of curiosity, once bitlocker is on, can anyone access the data if they do not know my log in information or recovery key?

thanks,

Mike

A:Bitlocker to Secure Drive I have to return

In theory anyone sufficiently motivated could brute force crack the encryption, but it would likely take an extremely long time to the point of not being practical in the likely cost:benefit analysis. All encryption, assuming it can be decrypted, is subject to brute force cracking. There is also a well known, and intentional, back door built into Windows. It's usually not that big of a deal because it requires physical access to the computer, but it basically allows you to wipe out the password on an account in the event you forget it. I have absolutely no idea how that might interact with Bitlocker though.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55740-bitlocker-secure-drive-i-have-return.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My desktop, running Windows 98SE, no longer recognises my Jump Drive Secure USB drive. My laptop and other desk top, both with XP Home have no problem recognising it. I know that JDSecure doesn't support 98 and I had downloaded their instructions a couple of years ago to get it going. It never accessed the secure portion, only the public portion, which was fine. Have I lost a driver or some such thing?

D

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/jump-drive-secure-not-recognised.679106/
Relevancy 43.86%

Am trying to help my sister get her home network straightened out. She has a Belkin N+ wireless router which has a USB input. She's bought a Seagate external drive which she plans to plug directly into the router so it can be accessed from all the laptops in the house. Will this hard drive be secure?? We're not worried about someone getting in via the wireless network as she lives in a remote location. But, aside from the router firewall, what's to prevent an attack from the internet? Is the router F/W strong enough?

Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 43.43%

I have read that the normal drive erase is not a good idea for SSD's. I have also read that most SSD manufacturers should have a utility that will allow you to force it to flush deleted data. Does anyone know if this is available thru Lenovo. The SSD controller is a Jmicron but I did not see any utilities on their website.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Secure-erase-deleted-data-for-a-SSD-drive-in-a-Lenovo-U300s/td-p/3325441
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a non secure usb flash drive. I want to add some software with which it may be possible to put a password to the data access from the drive.

A:Is it possible to add security features to a non secure usb flash drive?

Found this article from a google search. Hope it leads somewhere.
http://www.timeatlas.com/mos/Useful_Utilities/Free/How_to_Password_Protect_Your_USB_Drive/

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-add-security-features-to-a-non-secure-usb-flash-drive.61003/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Violation Secure CD to trying to install Win Boot set drive 7 when All My son dropped a book on Secure Boot Violation when trying to set CD drive to install Win 7 his Samsung Np V C at uni the other week and cracked his screen So now he is home for easter I've changed the screen but he has killed the hard disk at the same time though I am able to recover his docs using easeus recovery program I have gone and got him a new TB western Digital Hard drive today and fitted it but had the following problems when i tried to install Windows Pro I read through your clean install guide and reset the BIOS to defaults but when i then change the boot proirty to cd i get a red label saying Secure Boot Violation Invalid Signature detected Check secure Boot Policy in Setup OK After restoring to defaults the boot order looks like this Boot option Priorty Boot option Windows Boot Manager P WDC WD JPVX- JC T Boot Option Windows Boot Manager P WDC WD JPVX- JC T Boot Option UEFI TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN- DN I have a windows pro disk which has worked previously so could use some help please I dont' understand what is going wrong Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/393523-secure-boot-violation-when-trying-set-cd-drive-install-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a HP ENVY m7-010dx that died last night.  Upon power up nothing happens except a continuous slow blinking light on the cap locks key.  I went through their online troubleshooting help section and it looks like it is a hardware issue and will be going in for warranty service.  The big problem I have is that the hard drive has lots of sensitive personal information on it that I believe a good tech could copy and fairly easily decipher.

So what can I do?  I have never removed an internal hard drive and accessed it as an external drive.  I really need to wipe all personal info before returning for warranty service.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:How to Secure Hard Drive Before Warranty Service

DVDs?  USB flash drive?

How much personal info are you talking about?

Since most of us don't have that much (IMO) personal info on a system...either of the above should do.  Simply copy the data to new media and then delete it from your hard drive before sending.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536737/how-to-secure-hard-drive-before-warranty-service/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just got a Lexar jump drive secure Problem PLEASE Jump Lexar Drive HELP!! Secure MB today I plugged it in and started to follow all the directions everything was going fine until towards the end of the configuration stage and error came up and the only thing to do was click quot ok quot so I did The error said to remove all other USP drives and there was nothing else connected The confirmation box displayed in the directions never appeared nor did the password box So I went into my computer and clicked on the jump drive icon and it told me drive G and I thought it should have been drive F but it seemed to have skipped F was Lexar Jump Drive Secure Problem PLEASE HELP!! not formatted So I clicked quot yes quot to the format now question A box come up that was not in the directions asking about things I did not recognize I Lexar Jump Drive Secure Problem PLEASE HELP!! clicked start and a few seconds later it said windows cannot finish format then nothing I went back to my computer clicked on its icon was brought into a folder with nothing in it and it said total space MB free space quot quot Which is odd too because its supposed to be a MB drive I don t even think I can start everything over Please help me figure this out nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lexar-jump-drive-secure-problem-please-help.379105/
Relevancy 43.43%

I've tried changing boot priority multiple times to have my CD/DVD drive boot first & the SSD second & 3rd disabled.

But it doesn't ever seem to save the settings and does NOT boot from the CD/DVD and instead goes directly to the SSD, either my Ubuntu or my Win7 SSD, whichever one I happen to have hooked up at the time.

Anyone know what the problem & solution is? This is getting very frustrating, I've been trying to do this for a couple weeks now and just no luck. I've tried multiple Secure Erase DVDs, one made through Samsung Magician & one made manually with an iso burner, both gave me same results regardless of SSD Ubuntu/Win7

A:Trying to Secure Erase SSD, bios won't boot from CD/DVD drive?

Hello, GreyWizard in BIOS are you sure you saved the changes? It would help if we knew your system specs.

Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.
If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

Most computers have a one time boot menu key. Every Motherboard is different. Some will tell you what it is on the loading screen. It tells the computer which drive to boot from this one time without changing the boot order in BIOS. If we knew which Motherboard you have it may help us to tell you which key it is.

Usually when it boots fron the CD drive, it will ask to push any button to boot from the DVD. You have to be quick as you only have a few seconds or it will boot from the hard drive.

Maybe some of that may help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375705-trying-secure-erase-ssd-bios-wont-boot-cd-dvd-drive.html
Relevancy 43%

Ok This is my current system I use I have two removable request info drive secure setup... hard on hard drive drawers that I use One has my normal hard drive that I use for everyday computer usage surfing and reading emails The other request info on secure hard drive setup... removable drawer has what I call my quot Secure quot hard drive I put it in and use it when I do banking transactions and online trading I DO NOT use this for any web surfing or email browsing I am sure you can see why I have this setup My question is this A friend just bought a brand new computer and wants to put together a similar setup With external hard drives being cheap at a few stores near me I was wondering how I could setup a computer to quot BOOT quot from a external drive rather than the internal drive Is there a way to do that This way he does not have to buy additional drawers to set his system up like mine If you can have the pc BOOT from an external drive can you tell me how to set that up I am pretty computer literate but just never thought through how to do that The way I would like to have it setup would be to only connect the USB to the External HD when wanting to boot from it for secure financial transactions Unless anyone can convince me that if it is always connected and not used unless chosen to be BOOTED from that no virus s can quot Jump quot from the internal hard drive being used to the external quot Secure quot one Thanks in advance Rupe nbsp

A:request info on secure hard drive setup...

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1676
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/usb-boot.mspx
http://www.lifehacker.com/software/windows/boot-windows-from-a-usb-drive-141290.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/request-info-on-secure-hard-drive-setup.484828/
Relevancy 43%

Hello. Hoping someone could help me. I finally finsihed my Access 97 application and placed it on a shared network drive. I now want to create 2 users, one that has Read/Write access and one that has Read Only access. I followed all the insturctions, creating a file using WRKGADM.EXE and setting up an ADMIN and users and assigning them each the appropriate access to certain forms, tables,etc. And this all works perfectly on my computer. Now if I go to another computer and open the same database, I'm not prompted to end any username or password and the database just opens allowing the user full access. How do I set it up so anyone who opens this database will be prompted to enter the secure database? And I assume once I do this then I can set Record Locking options? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Relevancy 43%

CCleaner 3.0 adds secure drive erase tool.

The latest 3.0 release of CCleaner is a major upgrade and adds native support for 64-bit systems and a new Drive Wiper tool that can be used to securely erase the contents of free space on a specified drive the new option can be accessed via the Tools section. Users can select one ore more drives and the tool will remove sensitive information by overwriting the area of the drive on which the data is stored, one or more times, using special algorithms, from a single overwrite to 3, 7 or 35 passes. Other improvements include better support for Internet Explorer 9 and Google's Chrome web browser, additional cleaning support options for HTML5 database storage and a new intelligent cookie keeping feature.Click to expand...

-- Tom

Relevancy 43%

Hi i have a Lenovo Ideapad Z running Windows secure boot gpt paritioning and UEFI bios The laptop comes with a factory shipped TB Sata drive which i want to replace with a Kingston V SDD GB drive I have followed this guide How to Migrate OS to new Hard disk Ive run this in another desktop it completes and i shut down remove the destination and insert it into the laptop - power up and it blue screens with There GPT to Hard Migrating Cloning drive Boot HDD / SDD Secure has been an unexpected error message Trying to access the recovery partition says it is damaged but looks like Migrating / Cloning GPT Secure Boot HDD to SDD Hard drive its almost going to load Looking at the drive in EaseUS paritition master the paritions look a perfect copy apart from the proportional sizing AHCI is enabled in bios - i've tried EaseUS Migrating / Cloning GPT Secure Boot HDD to SDD Hard drive Backup clone task was successfull but again blue screens but this time with a attached device cant be found One thing i wasnt sure about the PC i done the cloning in has a RAID stripe setup but not sure if this effects it Any one had success in cloning a GPT drive over to a SSD Am i missing something I cant do a fresh installation of windows as i dont have recovery discs nor does the onekey recovery software allow me to do so and id like to keep the recovery parition in tact really Any help much appreciated

A:Migrating / Cloning GPT Secure Boot HDD to SDD Hard drive

Lenovo Ideapad Z585

I cant do a fresh installation of windows 8 as i dont have recovery discs,

Have you made the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

Information

We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD. (Windows 8 only)
Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8
System Repair Disc - Create in Windows 8 (Windows 8 only)

I would recommend you making the OEM manufacturer's Recovery DVD's or USB drive.
How to make Lenovo Windows 8 Recovery DVD
Lenovo Solution Center shows CD/DVD recovery media for Microsoft Windows 8 - ThinkCentre, ThinkStation, ThinkPad, IdeaPad, IdeaCentre

or
You can order the Microsoft official OEM Recovery disks from the OEM manufacturer's website.
You can Order Lenovo Recovery Disks from here:
Lenovo Support - Home (US)
Click on Parts & Accessories.
or
https://www.lenovorecovery.com/Extranet/Home.aspx

From the manual for Lenovo G480.

Originally Posted by Lenovo

When the hard disk drive or solid state drive is replaced because of a failure, no
product recovery program is on the new drive. In this case, you must use the
Recovery Disc Set for the computer. Order the Recovery Disc Set and the drive at
the same time so that you can recover the new drive with the pre-installed
software when they arrive.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/39075-migrating-cloning-gpt-secure-boot-hdd-sdd-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 43%

I have read that the normal drive erase is not a good idea for SSD's. I have also read that most SSD manufacturers should have a utility that will allow you to force it to flush deleted data. Does anyone know if this is available thru Lenovo. The SSD controller is a Jmicron but I did not see any utilities on their website.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/U300s-Secure-erase-deleted-data-for-a-SSD-drive-in-a-Lenovo/td-p/3325441
Relevancy 43%

I have been getting the following meesage whenever trying to do downloads recently "c:\$secure is corrupt & unreadable. please run the chkdsk utility". I have tried running this in various ways however error still persists.

Any ideas without having to use the recovery disk. Many Thanks

A:Satellite A300-1BZ - C: drive failure - c:\$secure is corrupt

Hi buddy,

To be honest I never had such an issue? That means this happens only if you try to start a download?
What internet browser you are using for download?

Maybe you did set this directory as standard folder for downloads. Check the options of Internet browser and choose another folder to store downloads.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?57315-Satellite-A300-1BZ-C-drive-failure-c-secure-is-corrupt
Relevancy 43%

I have networked computers that i would like them to communicate in this way first the data management system with about six computers should have their own work group differently and secured then the admin workgroup Folder(drive) Secure To Networking Shared In A How Workgroup?, A with computers which should share applications and storage drive other members of the network should have no workgroup set the network is not secured no security How To Secure A Shared Folder(drive) In A Workgroup?, Networking level set so i set two workgroup one called DATA-MANAGEMENT and the other ADMIN the problem is when i click on my network place it brings all the shared documents in all this computers both the data management department and the admin how can i secure the admin department so that their shared documents and drive will be private i dont have a central file sharing server am using both wireless How To Secure A Shared Folder(drive) In A Workgroup?, Networking and wired network I had planed to dedicate one computer as the data server for the admin department how can i go about the configuration can some one help me set it up pls nbsp

A:How To Secure A Shared Folder(drive) In A Workgroup?, Networking

You can access files on a server whose workgroup you are not a member of if you know the server's name/IP.

If you're going to dedicate a machine to it, put them all on the same workgroup and set passwords restricting access. (You need XP Pro/Vista Business/Ultimate or Windows Server or Linux)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-secure-a-shared-folder-drive-in-a-workgroup-networking.742888/
Relevancy 43%

I am trying to make an secure POP port ActionTec & FIOS & Verizon MI424WR POP3 IMAP Secure Secure and secure IMAP port connection thru Verizon FIOS via the ActionTec MI WR modem router G box that Verizon supplied I am running Vista and I am using Outlook which is set to these ports I wanted to do this with the firewall set to the quot Maximum Security High quot setting These ports were not available in the ActionTec s pick list so I added these ports using the quot Advanced quot ActionTec MI424WR Verizon FIOS & Secure IMAP & Secure POP3 tab and then under quot Protocols quot so they read quot TCP any - gt quot and quot TCP any - gt quot I tried adding these ports to the quot Access Control quot table and the quot Port Forwarding quot table and the quot Advanced Filtering quot table but none worked The Verizon Tech Support line worker told me the only solution was to enable the DMZ host and set it to be the IP address of the computer I happened to be on To my astonisment with DMZ enabled the quot Access Control quot rules seemed to kick in for the DMZ host and my secure POP would only work if I had this port allowed in the quot Access Control quot table Questions Is it safe to run with DMZ pointing to my computer I thought this effectively brought the quot DMZ host quot i e my computer outsied the firewall and exposed all the ports on my computer directly to the internet But if that were the case then why does the Access Control table work only to the DMZ host How do I make the quot Access Control quot or any of the other tables work for my other computers in my home network I want all my other computers to be able to use secure IMAP and secure POP Not just the one computer that is the DMZ-host Is Verizon blocking Secure IMAP from working What must be done to get secure IMAP working Secure IMAP does not work under any settings -- even to DMZ host with the firewall set to the Minimum Security Low setting How do I get secure SSL SMTP to my secured office email system Is this blocked by Verizon FIOS nbsp

A:ActionTec MI424WR Verizon FIOS & Secure IMAP & Secure POP3

DMZ does indeed expose the computer directly to the outside world, that's why it's called the DMZ!

Do you have residential or commercial FiOS? There are blocked ports for the residential service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/actiontec-mi424wr-verizon-fios-secure-imap-secure-pop3.603031/
Relevancy 42.57%

F-Secure Client Security Build F-Secure Client Security is a centrally managed complete security solution for businesses provides an intelligent way to protect corporate workstations and laptops against traditional and new zero-hour threats In seconds from the first confirmation of a new threat all the computers in your corporate network are protected Whether your company is large or small Client Security scales up with your business Download F-Secure Client Security Trial https download f-secure com corpro cs current fscs- -rtm jar Download F-Secure Client Security Premium Trial https download f-secure Client Antivirus 104 F-Secure F-Secure Build Workstations | for Security 11.61 11.61 com corpro cs current fscspr- -rtm jar Download F-Secure Automatic Update F-Secure Client Security 11.61 Build 104 | F-Secure Antivirus for Workstations 11.61 Agent Hotfix https download f-secure com corpro avwks current fsaua -hf -signed fsfix What s new in F-Secure Client Security New features and improvements Sidegrade module It is now possible to remove a conflicting product which has been installed via Windows Installer as an MSI package during the installation of Client Security or Anti-virus for Workstations Fixed issues A path traversal vulnerability was discovered internally in F-Secure s Automatic Update Agent AUA which could potentially F-Secure Client Security 11.61 Build 104 | F-Secure Antivirus for Workstations 11.61 allow a remote attacker to replace system files F-Secure Antivirus for Workstations F-Secure Anti-Virus for Workstations is a powerful antivirus antispyware and antirootkit BlackLight solution for corporate environments with basic needs It includes DeepGuard technology HIPS that gives protection against zero-day threats Protects laptops and desktops against viruses in real-time Includes powerful integrated anti-spyware functionality and F-Secure Blacklight a proprietary technology against concealed rootkits F-Secure Anti-Virus for Workstations protects both site based and remote workers ensuring maximum system availability and data integrity It is a three tiered solution aimed at the corporate market and includes a wealth of features for network management and centralized deployment Download Trial https download f-secure com corpro avwks current fsavwks- -rtm jar What s new in F-Secure Antivirus for Workstations New features and improvements Sidegrade module It is now possible to remove a conflicting product which has been installed via Windows Installer as an MSI package during the installation of Client Security or Anti-virus for Workstations Fixed issues A path traversal vulnerability was discovered internally in F-Secure s Automatic Update Agent AUA which could potentially allow a remote attacker to replace system files Homepage http www f-secure com nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/f-secure-client-security-11-61-build-104-f-secure-antivirus-for-workstations-11-61.44179/
Relevancy 42.14%

I would like to start focusing my work at the coffee shop now since I can't focus much at home anymore I don't know much about security and have never used a public wifi before after hearing many stories about it being completely insecure The work I'm doing is very important and I cannot have any problems with weak security Is VPN as secure as a home network After digging from google all I have to do is subscribe to a VPN provider connect to the public wifi then connect to the VPN server Is that it I also found out that G mobile connection isn't too secure as well so I'm unsure what approach I should go Which would be more secure Connect to VPN through public free wifi or Connect to VPN through G mobile internet usb stick or Or use no internet at all My work does not require much internet connection however it would help a lot if i did have the connection However I do have a really dumb question If I don't connect to any networks on my laptop at a free public wifi there is no way someone can hack into my laptop right Nobody can somehow hijack and go into my laptop if i'm within the free wifi radius Also what are all the security softwares I need I have malwarebytes premium active shield and avast free but thinking of upgrading to the premium

A:Is VPN really secure for public wifi coffee shops? What is the most secure way?

Only if the VPN also encrypts your traffic.

As for which would be more secure..obviously 3 would be the most secure. Don't connect to the internet and disable your wifi adapter and bluetooth adapter (if you have one).

IMO 2 would be the next best option since it's still your own hotspot; but they could still try and sift through traffic through 4G network (if it's possible for them to do). Most likely would be very difficult however, since the network is transmitting data to/from the cell tower(s) via a wide spectrum - I haven't really looked into traffic monitoring over cell networks though, so I'm just guessing on that.

Obviously the public wifi would be the least secure, especially if you use a VPN that doesn't encrypt your traffic.

As for security software... using your own common sense is going to be the best thing. You could look into a software firewall such as Comodo or ZoneAlarm (but IMO they can be annoying and intrusive). Built-in Windows firewall is decent enough.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f155/vpn-really-secure-public-wifi-coffee-shops-what-most-secure-way-272070/
Relevancy 42.14%

Let me start by saying (https) websites previously no longer secure secure that lately my bank website Norton Safesearch previously secure (https) websites no longer secure and even your website appear to have replaced their secure certificates with outdated or insufficient security Usually in these cases the https in the address bar is crossed out or has a yellow triangle If you click on that triangle or crossed out space previously secure (https) websites no longer secure you will see a grey box that says your connection to this site is not private My connection is a private home network as opposed to public It used to say you have not visited this site before today but that phrase is no longer there Of course I've gone to these sites before In the grey box there is a tab titled 'connections' Click on that and it says ' The identity of this website has not been verified' and ' Your connection to www xxxxxxx com is not encrypted' These sites normally have the green bar in the address bar indicating a secure connection Clicking on the green bar will give you the same grey box only this time it says Your connection to this site is private and it will tell you 'the identity of this site has been verified by name of certificate Valid Certificate Transparency supplied by the server' It will say 'your connection is encrypted using an obsolete cipher suite or encrypted using a modern cipher suite Both are followed by specific connection and encryption information i e TLS Now let me get to the brass tacks I have been to bleepingcomputer com at least times trying to get the right information to the right people Can I please talk to someone who knows what a man in the middle vulnerability is Because it seems no one knows what it is except some people on computerworld com and some other tech sites and forums And me I've been reading about this for several months but have been having problems for about years No one seems to know what's wrong with my computer The answer seems to be nothing I've seen local computer repair shops who all claim I am cured I've reset and refreshed several times I've gone through the battery of scans and cleaners and repairs with your techs never really understanding what all those logs are telling us last month I worked for weeks with a tech on your site had long logs and reports and was told to do more scans etc Things got better for - days before this security issue began again along with several other recurring problems-now these same scans are generating very short nondescript logs reports if any I have sent many screen shots of strange activity I don't really know if anyone looked at them Let's stop here and see where this takes us rather than me writing a book on the subject of my computer woes needlessly I would like to refer you to this website article that I read the most information like mine that I have seen except my problems did not start out with the programs these did I've never heard of these So ask as many questions as you like I'll give you whatever information I have I'm soooo tired of this http www computerworld com article secure-advertising-tool-privdog-compromises-https-security html

A:previously secure (https) websites no longer secure

how are you mrb5162 i have readed you history and symptoms i am not such a good one but if you want it then maybe i can help you
do you really having those symptoms about 2years? i guess it is very painful for everyone 
first i want to know about few points

1. which windows version/bits/patch number do you use at this time

2. which browser name/version do you using at that you having problems

3. do you have ever formatted system and reinstalled windows at once?

4. if you have formatted system and then same problem persisting after reinstall windows?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589991/previously-secure-https-websites-no-longer-secure/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am new to posting on the site and I have searched for this issue but come up blank Here is my problem I am attempting to recover data to Accessing hard drive data recover on a secure failing folders from Accessing secure folders to recover data on a failing hard drive a hard drive that is failing - no partition found I have been able to scan and mount the partition NTFS and I have recovered the public folders the issue is with the other two user folders I see they are write protected I am unable to remove the write protection or grant my self even read access to the folders I have mounted them as I said and made an image of the partition which is what I am working on but of course the two folders are not copying to the image as I do not have permission to access them The Drive is an Gig partitioned and formatted NTFS with Windows XP I have tried a rescue CD in the system with no luck and now I have the drive in a an external dock on a different system running Win I am using my Admin Acct This seems to be an issue like the Ransome ware infections where users lose access to their data any suggestions welcome and greatly appreciated Mike Ears Hopin P

A:Accessing secure folders to recover data on a failing hard drive

You sure it's not just a permission issue? Try How to take ownership of a file or a folder in Windows XP.  7 is pretty much the same. Just takes a lot more clicks.

Oh, and in the future, backup your data to a second physical disk or the cloud. This will avoid the inevitable.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503184/accessing-secure-folders-to-recover-data-on-a-failing-hard-drive/
Relevancy 42.14%

Mod Edit moved to Proper forum for DDS logs boopme I had an awful infection not sure if it started as trojan virus rootkit or worm and after attempting to remove it manually hdparm drive reinstalls) infection secure Invincible (survives 7 erases/Win with various A V programs anti-rootkit programs rescue disks figured kaspersky could fix it but no dice etc I haven't been able to get a clean win install since this infection progressed to its current state I've done successful wipes of the drive the wipes became more advanced as I couldn't seem to clean the residual infection and now I've reached the point where I can't see how it's possible for a piece of hardware to NOT be infected I know how rare that is and I'm hoping this is not the case but given what I've done to clear everything off my hard drive and the fact that I've reinstalled using different windows disks that are definitely clean I don't see how any other situation is possible Anyway for wipes it started out with a gparted reformat used several different linux cd's including parted magic then using rescue disks to ensure my mbr was clean Invincible infection (survives hdparm secure drive erases/Win 7 reinstalls) and reformatting again mbr showed up Invincible infection (survives hdparm secure drive erases/Win 7 reinstalls) as clean and most recently I successfully did a secure-enhance erase w parted magic to make sure nothing was hiding in hpa or dco I also updated my router firmware my bios and reset CMOS battery via the jumper cable did CMOS before bios update I've never had anything survive even just a simple reinstall and have previously been able to remove various infections with relative ease It looks to me like the firmware of some of my devices and or various memory storage locations on motherboard have been written to but I've never dealt with anything of this magnitude so I can't come up with a definitive answer I'd be happy just to know where the problem resides even if I end up having to get some new hardware

A:Invincible infection (survives hdparm secure drive erases/Win 7 reinstalls)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/545694 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545694/invincible-infection-survives-hdparm-secure-drive-eraseswin-7-reinstalls/
Relevancy 41.71%

In my Home Office using my Notebook and wireless router I have WEP encryption with a Network security key But I am often away on the road in Asia and I connect to both unsecured and WEP secured wireless networks in restaurants hotels and internet cafes When I need to log in to certain web sites to attend to important personal info like bank accounts and credit cards and make payments etc I often avoid it for fear of this information being the really secure secure? road...is Wireless on security visible or accessible to others even Wireless security on the road...is secure really secure? on the WEP secured ones I m wondering though if it shows the connection as WEP secured in Manage Wireless Connections does that mean things are secure or can other people using the Wireless security on the road...is secure really secure? same wireless pick up on what others around them are sending and receiving I guess what I am asking is how can I know if a wireless connection is safe on the road and is there anything I can do to make it safe or safer I Wireless security on the road...is secure really secure? suspect many others encounter this same issue Thanks G Vista Home Premium Norton Internet Security nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

hello i used acronis true image and secure and Acronis PGP secure disk zone disk director suite and successfully cloned and backup Acronis secure zone and PGP secure disk disks many times recently i installed pgp enterprise to secure the disk as fate would have it i decided to increase the secure zone partition the operating system on boot prompted for pgp password to decrypt the drive and then acronis loaded and i used the partition management option the partition limit of secure zone was enhanced from gb to gb limit being shown as gb the three steps that appeared were C drive size being fixed from gb to gb D drive which was pgp secured was shown to be going NO change and the third step was the Secure Zone expanding from GB to gb or so when all the steps were done the system booted as always the first prompt was PGP secure disk i entered the password but the second prompt for Acronis halted and Displayed a fatal error and asked to press enter to attempt to boot the OS On pressing Enter the system booted and the OS was normal EXCEPT that the D drive was being shown as Raw i e needed to formatted On inspecting the D drive with Acronis disk manager the three partitions were visible the C and Secure zone with the newly allocated disk space but the D was being shown as RAW Although the D disk size was being shown as before i e GB All assets are resided in the D drive Please advise how to recover or restore the partitions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acronis-secure-zone-and-pgp-secure-disk.889862/
Relevancy 40.42%
Relevancy 40.42%

I am trying to move some of the folders on my desktop to my external hard drive...but everytime i try to do something i get the message:

You need permission to perform this action
but ...it won't let me ...even after I click continue. Also, it won't let me rename any of my folders...I keep getting the same message..

I am the only one that uses this computer ...it is mine...no one else gets on this computer...I have tried doing several things like rename files, wanting to move a folder to another folder or to my ext. HD...but no success...

What do i need to do...I am the only authorized user of this computer. No one else's name is on here.

Thanks for any help
sherri

PS...I am running Win. Vista..

Relevancy 39.99%

hi all
was wondering why a pefectly good pc could lose all its secure sites
My freinds pc suddenly lost all its email and secure websites
was wondering if the was anyone here that could help?
Thanks in advance
oz

A:Solved: cannot log into a secure site

this message is in ralation to johninvegas question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-log-into-a-secure-site.637287/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have Mcafee, a Squared free, spybot, spyware gaurd and spyware blaster on my laptop. Is this enough security?

Relevancy 39.99%

I download a couple of pieces of software from the net on advice of friend to watch tv on web Post the installation I started to receive Spyware-secure notifications which were blocked by my anti-virus spyware software PCtools IE then appeared to be hijacked with pop-ups evey few minutes and my search defualt showing as google but going elsewhere I removed all loaded programs and I dis-abled or removed any IE addings which I did not recognise I also cleared down temp files and cookies Still no good I unloaded and reloaded IE and seem to have cured search engine problem Spyware-secure Solved: pop- and IE7 ups Still get pop-ups appearing every few minutes incluing the occasional Solved: Spyware-secure and IE7 pop- ups spyware-secure advert all appear in windows with no tool bars only minimise maximise and close I want to stop this I have run full scans for spyware and virus and after a time of using IE PCtools finds various sitting in temp files I have cleaned registry using PCtools registry mechanic which has sorted out a number of issues that as a normal user I would never have seen only felt the effects Can you help me get rid of these pop-ups hijack log attached thanks Peter nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-spyware-secure-and-ie7-pop-ups.747368/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello secure Solved: A small LAN all I need your help to choose a proper router Solved: A secure small LAN There are to clients and a server All of the clients and the server are in secure boxes and the whole network is isolated from the Internet so there is no Solved: A secure small LAN way to make a copy of files by sending them through the Internet or using usb flashes or optical writing devices Also there is no access to unplug the network cables from the clients so nobody will be able to connect them to their laptops easily unless he she cuts the cables The router must be capable of doing these manageably Vital Filtering ports almost only needed Port security allowing only registered mac addresses Not vital but if possible very helpful Clients see only the server not each other In case one of the clients needs Internet access permitting only that client use it when giving Internet access thorough the server I d really appreciate your help if you give a list of D-Link Cisco and Linksys routers which will do the job nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I have a dell inspiron 5160 that recently had a new cpu installed into it. The original cpu was a 3.06ghz but i was able to get a 2.6 for cheap so i put that in. After installing the cpu I cannot access any secure site using internet explorer(hotmail, banking, facebook, etc). I am not sure where to look to find a solution. I tried installing google chrome and I was able to login to a secure site. Whats going on with explorer? After putting in the new cpu should I have done a reinstall of windows or is there some kind of driver i need to update? The computer seems to be working fine otherwise.. thank you for any assistance

Relevancy 39.99%

I have a 2nd hand laptop, wifi enabled and running Vista.

I'm wondering how secure this computer is. Could the sellers have installed something that would allow them to read my document files?

If so, can this happen even if I never use the computer to access the Internet?

Many thanks in advance.

Relevancy 39.99%

My laptop HP Pavilion OS Win 8.1 has in the UEFI/BIOS the secure boot enabled. My question is should I at anytime have to boot from a Bootable Disc or Flash Drive would I need to disable this?

Thank you.

shipboard.

A:[SOLVED] Secure Boot

Typically yes. Secure boot stops users from just installing over your current data.

However, it can be easily turned off in the BIOS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-secure-boot-870690.html
Relevancy 39.99%

IBM laptop( type 2723-6LU )with xp pro. wireless router is d-link(dir 625). Wireless adapter is a philips dual band wi-fi wireless mini pci adapter and also in device manager it states there is an Intel Pro/100 VE network connection. Now I can get a connection without securing the network but when I try to secure the network I get this message: You chose to use wpa encryption, but your wireless network adapter does not support wpa.I called IBM and THEY say it does but gave me a driver to download(migr-55359) but no dice. Since my warranty is over they really dont try to help/ solve this. feel like throwing this $2000.00 POS out the window as I dont have any trouble with my DEll laptop. I also went to windows knowledge base and did the wireless zero configuration but still cant get laptop working in a secure network. Any help would be great. Thx to all.

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi

Someone set up my wireless connection but it says it's (open) unsecured. How do I make it secure?

Relevancy 39.99%

Please advise. I want to set an encryption key to secure my wireless network. Do I set it in the Netgear wireless router or at the Linksys wireless adapter? See Attached pic. Thanks.

A:Solved: Secure my network

the wireless router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-secure-my-network.691156/
Relevancy 39.99%

I was wondering how I can tell if a site is secure. I thought that when a padlock was displayed at the bottom of Internet Explorer, it meant that the site is secure.

However, I was recently on amazon.com on a screen where I had to enter credit card details, and the padlock was not present. It seems unlikely that such a prominent site would be insecure. Is there something I'm missing here?

Cheers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-know-when-a-site-is-secure.587746/
Relevancy 39.99%

I just signed up with a new ISP service on a business account and the ISP is giving us 3 free downloads of F-Secure Antivirus. Does anyone have any opinions on this company or should I go with another antivirus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-f-secure-software.1061024/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi everyone.

Just after your opinions.

I've been using F-Secure for the last 12 months for AV and it seems to be ok (also use Mbam once a week). I've had this free due to having BB with Virgin. Now 12 months is up I would need to pay ?25 to re-subscribe for another 12 moths (rrp ?80).

Although this is a lot cheaper then the normal price would anyone recommend it, bearing in mind I could use Avast, Avg or a multitude of other AV's for free.

I've recently been using Avast on my other machines and it seems to doing a decent job.

So....is F-Secure worth ?25 in your opinions?

A:[SOLVED] is F-Secure worth it?

I have not paid for an antivirus in quite a few years and at present use MS Essentials with no problems. I would think seriously on saving the money, though many here will insist you need a paid option. I disagree.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-is-f-secure-worth-it-908946.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Secure computers aren t so secure Even well-defended computers can leak shocking amounts of private data MIT researchers seek out exotic attacks in order to shut them down The encryption system that Tromer was attacking called AES was particularly vulnerable because it used tables of precalculated values as a computational short cut so that encoding and decoding messages wouldn t be prohibitively time consuming Since Tromer and his colleagues published their results Intel has added hardware support for AES to its chips so that Internet encryption software won t have to rely on such lookup tables In a statement Intel told the MIT News Office that its decision was mainly motivated by the performance efficiency benefits achieved but that in addition there is a potential security benefit since these new instructions can mitigate the possibility of software side channel attacks on AES that have been described in research papers including those discovered by Tromer Percival and Bernstein Click secure aren't computers so Secure to expand Ok now how old is my chip and does it have the Intel hardware Secure computers aren't so secure support for AES Gulp -- Tom P S I Secure computers aren't so secure will try to find out which chip series have the hardware support for AES and post it here - but if you find out before I do please do not hesitate to post the information yourself Is it time to get a new motherboard already or will my current motherboard be able to accept the chips with AES hardware support nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Getting crossed out red x in https . states site may be using outdated encryption. am I being hacked or do the sites need to update thier security. I know it posses a threat or not secure but it is happening on real well known sites. it also happens on all computers in the house but I'm pretty sure only with google chrome.

A:secure sites not secure in chrome.

Hi Adams369 If you are using Google Chrome 42, this is normal. Starting in version 42, Google Chrome starts tagging as "insecure" websites that uses SHA-1 algorithm encryption for their certificates, in order to move them to a more secure one since SHA-1 is old and deprecated (less secure). If you want, I created a thread on that yesterday where I show how to get these certificates information on a website, so you can verify yourself. Also, would you mind posting which websites are having this insecure connection so I can test them for my troubleshooting?Google Chrome 42 vs SSL CertificatesThank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575009/secure-sites-not-secure-in-chrome/
Relevancy 39.56%

I m begging for computer ideas here Before I reformatted there were NO connectivity issues so I know the hardware is compatible with Vista and that it s all compatible with one another Here s the issue When I reformatted my hard drive on my laptop computer and reinstalled my OS Windows Vista Home SP I tried to reconnect to our home network The router is a Linksys E I can connect to the home network on an Unsecured connection but not on a Secure connection When I quot connect quot to the secure connection it says I m connected but I cannot see any other computers in the network even though I know there are connected and I cannot access the internet When I connect to the home network via the unsecure network by design I can t see the other computers on the home network so that s not a problem and I can access the internet When I change the main home network to a network with security disabled which isn t an option for anything other than a quick test I can see the other computers on my network and I can access the network I don t think the problem is on connect Solved: secure Can't to network the router end because I just enabled the hotspot on my phone which is a secure connection and my laptop would not connect to Solved: Can't connect to secure network it either It has previously Yes I have the passwords correct Yes the workgroup name is correct Yes my wireless adapter on the laptop is turned on Yes I have rebooted the router and my laptop Yes other computers and tablets in the house can access the home network secure connection and access the internet What on my laptop an old Compaq Presario A could be interfering with accessing a secure network I really need some help here It s driving me nuts As I mentioned at the top this laptop previously connected with no issues until the reformat There s got to be a setting I m missing If you ve read this far thanks If you have ideas you ll be my hero nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi Corday of the Internet Explorer forum site suggested that I put the DDS file and Attach files on this forum I could not download the ark txt from the many GMER sites that I saw The following was sent to Corday who suggested the re-direction to the Security centre Corday thanks for your reply I tried that MG download but ended up with IE and the message after a few seconds quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot I am unable to furnish any details secure [SOLVED] sites IE7 connect cannot with Re: regardind the ark txt via the GMER download I have taken the liberty of putting down the DDS file and the [SOLVED] Re: IE7 cannot connect with secure sites Attach file as a piece of text so here it is DDS DDS file created Friday May DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Esther at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS ATKKBService exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Nikon Wireless Camera Setup Utility NkPtpEnum exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files HP HP Officejet Pro K Series Toolbox HPWUTBX exe C Program Files BoxKing Power Management Power Saved Management exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems AutoDetector monitor exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX smax exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Console Launcher CTAPR exe C Program Files ASUS GamerOSD GamerOSD exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Logitech Vid HD Vid exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTSched exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files ASUS SmartDoctor SmartDoctor exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v WG v exe C Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Nikon NkView NkvMon exe G P B -E Backup GB HDD Aug Winzip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe c documents and settings esther local settings application data fnetjobf ntvgwokv exe BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO DealPly a f - fff-e d -a f-ba ad dd - c program files dealply DealPlyIE dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar d... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Re: IE7 cannot connect with secure sites

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please explain why this computer has no antivirus program installed and running. This is an open invitation for infection.

It can take as little as eight seconds to infect an unprotected computer.

Please keep this computer offline except when downloading tools and posting in the forum until we get one installed. Let me know your intentions for an antivirus program.

Please uninstall the following via Start->(or My Computer)->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs if it still exists:

SpeedMaxPc<<Please read this and this

Please uninstall the following via Start->(or My Computer)->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs if it still exists:

SpeedyPC Pro<<Please read this and this

I need to see a gmer log in order to help you. You don't download the ark.txt from the gmer site.

You have to download gmer and run it and it will produce a log which you can name ark.txt and post in your next reply.

Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here and Save it to your Desktop. Double-click gmer.exe to run it. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent.
First, gmer will run a short, initial scan.
If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.

Click the image to enlarge it

In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are UNCHECKED ...IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)

Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in ark.txt or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and copy/paste it in your next reply.

**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

Also...

When you run this tool, remember to choose 'Skip' not 'Cure' if it finds something. We just want a scan, not a fix.

Download tdsskiller.exe and Save it to your Desktop.

Double-click tdsskiller.exe and click 'Run'

Click Change parameters then under 'Additional options' check the 'Detect TDLFS file system' > OK.

Click 'Start scan'.

If no infection is found, click 'Close' and let me know.

If an infection is found, select 'Skip' from the dropdown menu under 'Cure' then click 'Continue' > 'Close' > 'Close'.

It will produce a log here > C:\TDSSKiller.2.7.37.0_date_time_log.txt

Please navigate to the file, double-click to open it, and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-re-ie7-cannot-connect-with-secure-sites-646741.html
Relevancy 39.56%

but I can access other sites incuding my e-mail,but not windows update. I'm using xp & ie 7

Relevancy 39.56%

Greetings:

I have a computer that I want to pass on to another person (yet undetermined). However, I have some extremely sensitive date on it. Over the years some of that data has been consigned to the recycle bin where I'm sure it has been over written. However, I am equally as sure that some of that data would be recoverable with the right software.

What I would like to know is how can I securely over write the entire hard disk drive, according to NSA standards (7 over writes)? When you do that you are also making the operating system (Windows XP in this case) useless. How can you run a program when the software that runs the computer is nonexistent? Maybe it has to be on a disk that its own boot system?

Can someone help me with this and possibly some freeware that would do the job?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Secure deleat HDD according to NSA standards

I would recommend you look into using Darik's Boot And Nuke (DBAN).
Download the .iso and burn to a CD.
Configure your BIOS to boot from a CD.
Boot from the CD.
Type AUTONUKE and wait until complete.
I suggest reading the DBAN FAQ first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-secure-deleat-hdd-according-to-nsa-standards.1134060/
Relevancy 39.56%

i am currently tryin to access files on a hard drive connected thru a usb. all of the files except documents and settings are accesible. i went into the properties and it shows full access but when i try to open it, it says access denied???? Does anyone have any suggestions???

Relevancy 39.56%

Greetings I am at wits end I have tried everything in this thread and many others to no avail On or around Feb th or th I noticed some trouble brewing I have machines laptops running XP Pro and desktop running XP Home that simply will not connect to https sites Cannot IE6 with IE7 websites secure or connect [SOLVED] to and wont connect to some others I get the BS diagnostic summary telling me it can not connect to http https and ftp I am using the standard XP firewall I [SOLVED] Cannot connect to secure websites with IE7 or IE6 have reset anything and everything run registry cleaners re-registered all of the dll's and have even tried re-installing IE was using IE SpyBot Ad-aware personal CCleaner McAfee Enterprise etc can find nothing wrong I have Bellsouth now ATT fiber optic DSL no modem needed I am using a Linksys Wireless G router with Wireless N cards and can't find anything wrong I cannot even update my McAfee or navigate to any Microsoft sites I can still get to eBay though LOL What is going on here My work machine is fine runs the same sort of stuff although through a T I have not ried it at home where the other are for fears of something happening to it I have SSL and checked I have thouroughly cleaned out the temp int files cookies and even went as far as to clean out the prefetch just in case What is happening to my gear Any help you guys can provide would be most appreciated Thanks All Yuppie

A:[SOLVED] Cannot connect to secure websites with IE7 or IE6

Hello and welcome to TSF

Try this:

http://www.duxcw.com/faq/win/xp/secure.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-cannot-connect-to-secure-websites-with-ie7-or-ie6-226946.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I can not get rid of this get rid of - log Have Hijack Can't PC Cleaner Secure Solved: secure pc cleaner pop up I have ran Adware spybot but nothing finds it Also when I google something I get re-directed to random sites with addresses like I m not sure if this is a different problem or related to the secure pc virus Please Help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Solved: Can't get rid of Secure PC Cleaner - Have Hijack log Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security TPSrv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S Solved: Can't get rid of Secure PC Cleaner - Have Hijack log EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PsCtrls exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PavFnSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security pavsrv exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security AVENGINE EXE C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security AntiSpam pskmssvc exe c program files panda security panda internet security firewall PSHOST EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PsImSvc exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbubmgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbubmon exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox MMDiag exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security ApvxdWin exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Jukebox ymetray exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security SRVLOAD EXE C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security WebProxy exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PavBckPT exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explo... Read more

Relevancy 39.56%

I want to get a wireless keyboard. but im worried on how secure it is. because i use my pc to pay my pills on line. How secure is it?

A:Solved: How secure is a wireless keyboard

they are pretty secure.......I think the available range is 3 meters or some such....maybe less.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-secure-is-a-wireless-keyboard.1029263/
Relevancy 39.56%

I currently have a Zone Alarm Z secure router see specs below on a small home network I ve been running it for almost two years with no problems except for the speed The firewall throughput is Mbps Solved: Advice on Router? Secure Recently when Comcast was hooking up the Solved: Advice on Secure Router? cable without the router I noticed the Local Area Connection icon broadcasting a connection speed of Gbps When the router was connected the speed showed Mbps All my cables are cat Would I benefit from a gigabit router Is a secure router necessary or is a regular router enough as long as I have a software firewall Any advice would be much appreciated Solved: Advice on Secure Router? Thanks Dell XPS M XP Professional SP Intel Core Extreme CPU X GHz GB Ram Comodo CIS Malewarebyte s Spybot Technical Specifications ZoneAlarm Secure Wireless Router Total Users Upgradeable to Hardware Firewall VPN Throughput Mbps Concurrent connections Integrated -Port LAN Switch -port Mbps Full Duplex LAN switch with automatic crossover MDI-X detection WAN Port Yes x USB Port Print Server Yes Wall Mounting Kit Yes Anti-theft Slot Yes Wireless Specifications Wireless Protocols b Mbps g Mbps Super-G Mbps Wireless Security WEP WPA i WPA-PSK x Wireless Range Standard Mode Up to m indoors and m Solved: Advice on Secure Router? outdoors Wireless Range XR Mode Up to m indoors and km outdoors Firewall amp Security Features Firewall Check Point Stateful Inspection with Application Intelligence Application Intelligence SmartDefense IDS IPS Yes Instant Messenger Blocking Monitoring Yes P P File Sharing Blocking Monitoring Yes Add-on Services Gateway Antivirus Yes Antivirus Supported Protocols HTTP FTP NBT POP IMAP SMTP User-defined TCP and UDP ports On the Fly Decompression Yes Centralized Email Antivirus and Antispam Yes Web Filtering Yes VPN and Remote Desktop Remote Access Users Remote Access Client Software Check Point VPN- SecuRemote included Remote Desktop Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Protocol RDP Networking WAN access protocols Static IP DHCP PPPoE PPTP Telstra Network Address Translation Yes DHCP server client and relay Yes Centralized Management Support Management Server SMP Local Web-based Management Friendly Wizard based setup Internet connection Firewall rule wizard VPN Certificate SmartDefense wizard amp more Local Diagnostics Tools Ping WHOIS Packet Sniffer VPN Tunnel Monitor Connection Table Monitor Wireless Monitor Active Computers Display Local Logs HTTPS remote access Yes Other Management Methods NTP Automatic Time Setting Yes TFTP Rapid Deployment Yes Other Hardware Specifications Physical Dimensions W x H x D x x cm x x Weight kg lbs Power - VAC - Hz Depending on Country Regulatory Compliance FCC Part Class B CE Warranty One-Year Hardware Requires additional purchase of service Super-G and XR mode only available with select wireless network adapters Actual ranges are subject to change in different environments nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Leo Laporte's on-air story today about the lady who lost her Kindle books because Amazon cancelled her account is disturbing. I didn't realize that you're essentially "leasing" books rather than buying them when you purchase books from Kindle.

Who can you buy ebooks from that you actually own? Is there a ebook service where you can back up or store the books on your own hard drive to protect yourself from an account cancellation?

A:Solved: Amazon Kindle Not So Secure?

buy proper books - problem solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-amazon-kindle-not-so-secure.1074470/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello,

I have a wireless network that allows four computers in my home to access it. Through the network, files, a printer and an Internet connection are all shared. However, the wireless network is unsecure, while there are other wireless networks in the neighbourhood that are secure. Obviously, this is probably not a wise idea.

How can I secure my wireless network so that only the four computers in my home can access it?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 39.56%

The secure wireless network I've been using for the last 2 years has suddenly gone missing. I am able to connect wirelessly on the unsecured Linksys network, but that is the only choice available. I am able to view my secure network in the Network and Sharing center under the task of Managing Wireless Networks, but don't know how to add or access it. I'm not a very tech savvy person, so any help would be really appreciated. I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 running Windows Vista Home Basic and a Linksys Model WRT54G wireless router. Thanks!

Relevancy 39.56%

I have a client computer with a very peculiar problem.

The owner has a fully functional broadband connection, but for some reason if he tries to log in to his bank for example, the connection hangs. In fact, any website utilizing a secure connection fails.

This also applies to other programs, so I know that it is not a problem with the web browser for example.

We have ruled out the possibility of it being his router, because hooking the system directly into the cable modem via cable does not solve this issue.

I think we have ruled out possible software problems too, because I booted a Linux Live CD in the system, and even using that the end-result was the same.

I suspect the ISP or modem, but have no basis on which to continue the investigation.

Relevancy 39.56%

I am going to have to leave my notebook computer for repairs on AC adapter connection. Plug is loose and won't stay connected. Any way, what precautions do I need to take to secure the information on my computer so that whoever is fixing it does not get access to my info.

Thanks

Relevancy 39.56%

I imagine that this question is redundant but I could not find exactly what I was looking for when searching past posts Meanwhile I have had past quality support on this getting don't it I screw my up Solved: to computer-need help want secure. new site from the various jams I have gotten myself into my downloading too many scrubbers and cleaners and shredders and diagnostic type programs so I am trying to be smart this time I would appreciate your input and thanks for your time Here is the deal I have a new computer that is running Window I opted to Solved: I don't want to screw up my new computer-need help getting it secure. try out the free trial of Norton Antivirus program that was on my computer My trial ends in four days I have been checking out reviews and pros and cons and free vs subscriptions of antivirus software or suite What I am running on Norton does Solved: I don't want to screw up my new computer-need help getting it secure. not rank that high It appears that the most popular antivirus program is that free AVG one I am willing to pay for a multi task type software suite to protect my computer I have read something about hold on tight Microsoft is coming out with something new If I do change to a different program is it difficult to get rid of all of the files Norton has loaded on my computer What is your opinion on the best program for me to run on a home computer I am on the internet quite a bit so am vulnerable to picking up bad stuff And finally I would like a program that I can simply renew each year and has a good long term track record Oh and after I download protection software are there other programs that I should run with it such as CCleaner nbsp

A:Solved: I don't want to screw up my new computer-need help getting it secure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-dont-want-to-screw-up-my-new-computer-need-help-getting-it-secure.950421/
Relevancy 39.56%

I recently purchased a WD SataII hard drive. It comes with a SATA cable with "Secure Connect". The drive end of the cable looks like a one piece data and power connector. The MB end is a typical data connector. They are a nice blue color, but I don't get how they work.

Relevancy 39.56%

Is there any way to register a windows 7 installation so that one can enable UEFI secure boot, and only boot to 7?

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] UEFI Secure Boot

See the info at the bottom of this Windows 8 FAQ for IT Professionals

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-uefi-secure-boot-675842.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I just purchased a used D-Link router. I reset the router and went to the site where I filled in the required data. I changed the master password and user name. The password changed but the user name stayed on the original "admin" I also followed directions to secure my wireless network and after adding my key and saving the settings nothing happened. I'm told that the router should shut down at that point but it doesn't. When I look up my network on log in it says it is not secured. I followed a number of different directions to secure the system but failed. It's not rocket science but I'm doing something wrong ! Can anyone help ?

Relevancy 39.56%

I too am having a problem establishing a secure connection for Dropbox, Adobe update and just about every website I try to access via Firefox or Chrome comes up as unsecure. I can add exceptions, but I would rather access them securely. I have this problem on both my XP and Ubuntu boots. Please help!!!

A:Solved: Can't Establish Secure Connection

i have moved your post to a thread of its own

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-establish-secure-connection.993657/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a secured database in Access 2000 format from which I need to be able to perform the usual mailmerge exercises(letters, labels, emails and other docs). Unfortunately when it comes to accessing the data source, an error always comes up as unable to access the file.

I have also tried instructions at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208933 but no luck so far even when using correct login / password. Worth noting that I use Office 2007 at work and Office 2003 at home but didn't get exactly the same prompts they refer in above link (saw nothing about DDE, only ODBC).

Any suggestions?? Are there any alternatives to using external documents to do that sort of thing otherwise, eg by having templates saved within the database or creating reports that could do the same? Would imagine though that it is more time-consuming and would only add to database size!

Thanks

Relevancy 39.56%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary secure? friends comp, My Solved: PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files CyberLink Solved: My friends comp, secure? PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAEA EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymSCUI exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NSMdtr exe C hi jackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http runonce msn com v msgrv R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www emachines com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exe O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exe O - HKLM Run Mixersel C Program Files Realtek InstallShield mixersel exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAEA EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program... Read more

A:Solved: My friends comp, secure?

It looks clean

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-friends-comp-secure.436391/
Relevancy 39.56%

Okay....I have a Dell laptop and connect to the internet through a wireless Belken 54g. Always said it was an unsecure network so today I tried to make it secure. I went into the wizard and selected a WAP2-personal and generated a PSK. Now I cannot connect to the internet. What did I do worng? How do I get my wireless back? I am very new to this sort of thing so be gentle! Thanks

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi guys I am absolutely desperate and you are the only ones that might be able to help me The thing is that I shared How secure [SOLVED] our to files? work in quite a messy company with many shared folders or drives with limited access I d love to find a way to arrange them a file manager organiser wouldn t help Dozens of colleagues open [SOLVED] How to secure our shared files? edit move copy and delete files every day often by mistake This is how we lose track of important files or how we have agents working with outdated versions of the most important manuals and [SOLVED] How to secure our shared files? tools What I need is a way to create a hyperactive index linking to all these files nothing strange - pdf tif xml csv docx txt ppt visio drawings outlook templates I believe that I can find all those important files manually and put them in a new folder What I dont know how to do is secure this folder so that very few people will be able to delete copy edit the real files and everybody will have to use the index and nothing else I m open for any suggestions

A:[SOLVED] How to secure our shared files?

Hi again. One of my IT guys found the solution. He`s modified the permissions for one of the folders in one of the shared folders and now only managers (including me) can modify in the folder but all agents can read from it. Today I`ll have an Excel add-in installed, will create a directory tree linking to all the files and subfolders in this "special" folder.
Hope this will be useful for somebody :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-how-to-secure-our-shared-files-482946.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I m a victim of Total Secure hoping to find some help It installed itself onto my system which is running Windows XP SP AVG removed a few files but I Secure 2009 Solved: Total m still getting pop-up dialog boxes when I open folders in Windows Explorer Here s a screen shot of the dialog box Here s a screenshot of my virus vault And here s my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes F WINDOWS System smss exe F WINDOWS system winlogon exe F WINDOWS system services exe F WINDOWS system lsass exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F WINDOWS system spoolsv exe F PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe F Program Files Bonjour Solved: Total Secure 2009 mDNSResponder exe F WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe F WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe F WINDOWS system nvsvc exe F Program Files Sling Media SlingAgent SlingAgentService exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe F PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe F PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe F Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe F PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe F Documents and Settings johnny Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe F WINDOWS system dllhost exe F WINDOWS system wscntfy exe F Documents and Settings johnny Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe F Documents and Settings johnny Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe F Documents and Settings johnny Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe F Documents and Settings johnny Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe F Documents and Settings johnny Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe F Documents and Settings johnny Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe F Documents and Settings johnny Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe F Documents and Settings johnny Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe F Documents and Settings johnny Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe F Documents and Settings johnny Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe F Documents and Settings johnny Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe F Documents and Settings johnny Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe F Documents and Settings johnny Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe F Documents and Settings johnny Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe F WINDOWS explorer exe F Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG win ini load F - REG win ini run O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - F Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - F Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C CC-E - F - A- A A - F WINDOWS system ddcCSJaw dll file missing O - BHO AlpGld Tb - BE -F - - D A- A E FD - F WINDOWS system sysbase dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - AA AE - EF- EC- CA- D CD CCDB - no file O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE F WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HK... Read more

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello.

Can some networking expert please have a look at the settings of my router (in the attached screenshots) and please guide if they are ok or need to be changed.

Will appreciate your help.
P.S
The router is D-Link and I it cheap. For now I'll live with it till i can afford a better one

Relevancy 39.56%

My ROUTER is a WESTELL 327 W. I need to block it so my neighbors or OUTSIDERS can't use my signal, because it makes my Internet Service run VERY SLOW and besides I'm concern about the lack of security.
PLEASE HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS ANOYING SITUATION!!!
Thanks for your most valuable help!!!!!

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,

Downloaded IE9 a couple of days ago. Seemed to work ok, some changes from IE8 but I didn't see any improvements.
Only problem I have encountered is that I could not get it to open HTTPS pages (my bank). The website was in "Trusted Sites" but IE9 would not progress past the 'login' page even though the bank helpdesk could see that I was logged in.

I uninstalled IE9 and IE8 still works ok.

Any suggestions, please?

Rob.

A:[SOLVED] IE9 Can't Open Secure Pages

Hello from another Aussie

Please try this:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ml#post1445007

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-ie9-cant-open-secure-pages-559929.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hoping this is something very silly that will be spotted by you experts immediately!
This only started today, but I've tried so many things to rectify.

I'm trying to buy an item, and can browse through site pages until I come to the 'buy' or 'add to basket' page, when I get the Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.

I have reset my internet explorer settings but no difference [except that it won't let me change homepage].

I installed firefox but same problems

have saved fix.reg to desktop.

A:[SOLVED] Can't get some pages, possibly secure ones

Hello and welcome to TSF

Click Here to download IEdll.zip. Save it to your desktop.
Right click on IEdll.zip click on Extract all.
Go to the extracted files and double click on IEdll.bat
Follow the prompts.
It will tell you when it is done.
When finished please restart your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-cant-get-some-pages-possibly-secure-ones-237347.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I just bought a Gateway DX4831-01... windows 7
I share the house with others who are using the same router (linksys) - the router is in another room.. we all have different rooms, different computers but use the same wireless router. How can I prevent anyone from ever seeing whats on my computer ?
Thanks
Paul

Relevancy 39.56%

hello there folks

my problem centres around home networking, desktop + 1 notebook computers.

I use a D-link DSL-G604T modem/router in my home. Prompted by reading an article in a magazine about online security I went to check my network. When I 'set-up' the router when I purchased it, I just let Windows XP do its stuff (maybe a mistake?).
On checking the wireless network settings on the computers it tells me that the network has been configured for 'OPEN' access?

So, folks, how do I change this to a 'SECURE' network??

I've read through the manual a few times now, but just seem to be getting myself more and more confused. I've tried getting answers from the D-link website, but upto now no luck, so its time to turn to the experts!!

If you need more info. than I've provided here -just ask guys

Relevancy 39.56%

If a free hotspot offers free connectivity, can it be secured without encryption?

If not, it doesn't seem practical to me to use free wi-fi.

While researching this issue, I found this product, "Anchor Free".
http://www.download3000.com/download-count-home-15760.html

Sincerely,
RF123

Relevancy 39.56%

After investigating several options for the disposal of my old PC I have decided to take it to our local recycling centre. However, for data security reasons I want to remove the hard drive first. Is it electically safe to do this and can
anyone tell me how to do it please?

Relevancy 39.56%

I have a ThinkPad R bought second hand which works like a dream except for one thing I can t connect to SOME secure wireless networks I am guessing that they are WPA secured and that WPA to networks secure Solved: Can't connect somehow my Wireless card can t deal with that Solved: Can't connect to WPA secure networks Here s what happens Sometimes rarely actually when I try to connect to a secure network - the password window pops up and I enter the password and everything is copascetic However MANY times - the password window does NOT pop up - instead I get the error message quot quot Windows is unable to Solved: Can't connect to WPA secure networks connect to the selected network The network may no longer be in range PLease refresh the list of available networks and try again quot I travel alot and often use Wireless equipped cafes to connect It they have a secured network I can usually NOT connect to it even though they have given me the password HERE IS WHAT I Solved: Can't connect to WPA secure networks HAVE ALREADY TRIED Updating the drivers for my wireless card it is an Intel PRO Wirelss LAN B Mini PCI Adding the networks manually When I try to add the network manually it will not accept the password and gives me the error message quot The network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configuration This can be entered as or ascii characters or or hexadecimal characters quot This is not true of course - I have the correct password - but it will not accept it Can ANYONE help I have posted this in several other forums - but can t seem to get an answer tyhat works nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, I downloaded the latest OCZ bootup toolbox and upgraded the firmware to version 2.25 for my Vertex 3 Max iops and then shut down and ran the toolbox again. I then tried to secure erase the ssd in order to reinstall windows but get the message that secure erase failed, internal error. Can anyone help me with this???

Relevancy 39.56%

hi,
I've read this article
http://www.cxo.eu.com/news/password-protected/ and
I want really strong password for my web and Windows 7 accounts.
But how to create a strong password?

'6ghud3' is probably strongest password I've invented

Relevancy 39.56%

We all know about how to make a very secure password. Mix in upper case, lower case, numbers, special chars, etc. This is great for the password to your bank's web site or discount broker app, but what about the basic Windows login p/w?

Is it possible for Vlad in St Petersburg to crack my 20 char complex mixed ascii alpa-numeric p/w programatically with his p/w cracker tool via the net as opposed to actually sitting in my chair at my keyboard? If it can't be cracked remotely, then I'm safe with a simple 7-8 char alpha p/w. Right or wrong? If I'm wrong, how could someone login remotely?

A:Solved: secure passwords-how critical?

There are exploit tools which can open up a command prompt to your machine. They don't have to login, they just get access to what account that happens to be running.

In this article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Accounts_Manager

They mentioned accessing the SAM database from your RAM.

Usually after gaining initial entry, they would try to go for the System account or admin accounts. There are, again, exploits that do this. So keep your system patched.

All that seems to make passwords less important. But one has to remember that physical security is part of security. Your office cleaner that comes in at night has all night to play with your login.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-secure-passwords-how-critical.976749/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am using Windows XP and am suddenly unable to view secure sites Here is the following info that is displayed The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties or you may need to adjust your browser settings -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following Click the Refresh button or try again later If you typed the page address in the Address bar make sure that it is spelled correctly To check your connection settings click the Tools menu and then click Internet Options On the Connections tab click Settings The settings should match those provided by your local area network LAN administrator or Internet service provider ISP See if your Internet connection Solved: view cannot secure sites settings are being detected You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your Solved: cannot view secure sites network and automatically discover network connection settings if your network administrator has enabled this setting Click the Tools menu and then click Internet Options On the Connections tab click LAN Settings Select Automatically detect settings and then click OK Some sites require -bit connection security Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed If you are trying Solved: cannot view secure sites to reach a secure site make sure your Security settings can support it Click the Tools menu and then click Internet Options On the Advanced tab scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL SSL TLS PCT Click the Back button to try another link Cannot find server or DNS Error Internet Explorer I have gone through all of these steps and about more trying to resolve this Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi guys I m sort of new to all of this but I m looking for some general help and maybe a push in the right direction My big priority is to be able to connect to my home network remotely Hardware Linksys WRT GL Secure Connection Remote Solved: PC w Solved: Secure Remote Connection Win XP Pro main PC w Win XP Pro Mac Powerbook G running OSX I m in school right now and on the road a lot I take my laptop everywhere whether its to class or home on weekends My two desktops stay at my apartment at school and Solved: Secure Remote Connection host files and programs I want access to My goal is to set up secure access to my network at my apartment so I can log into each machine using Remote Desktop when I want I m slightly familiar with Port forwarding but it doesn t seem secure And since I have multiple machines connected on my network at my apartment I was thinking a VPN would be the best choice but I know they are hard to set up I want to be able to set this up for future possibilities with helping my family members with their computers as well so security is important to me Any help in regards to either where I can find more help tutorials etc would be greatly appreciated Thank you all nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

I need to remove: secure expert cleaner. It keeps making popups, and removing the courser while I am typing. It gives a phony alert, "You have a security problem! Do you want to scan your computer for viruses." It also makes a phony page that says it is a scan of my computer and alleges that it is selling a virus scanning program, "Virus remover 2008."

A:Solved: need to remove 'secure expert cleaner.com'

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:56:31 PM, on 10/21/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18241)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Maxtor\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTSVCCDA.EXE
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\CyberLink Live\CLSomaMonitorService.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\CyberLink Live\CLPushUpdateService.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\CyberLink Live\CLSomaService.exe
C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\WENGINE\wmonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\McSACore.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenCase\OpenCASE Media Agent\MediaAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\EARTHL~2\PCFINE~1\MXTask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\EARTHL~2\PCFINE~1\mxtask.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\WasherSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenCase\OpenCASE Media Agent\PandoBinaries\NBCPandoREST.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\2.bin\m3SrchMn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\538FRWR3.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\DVDAudio\CTDVDDet.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\ImageStudio\LogiTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X6100 Series\lxbfbmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\FastLane2\IPMon32.exe
C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\FastLane2\IPClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI HYDRAVISION\HydraDM.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X6100 Series\lxbfbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Maxtor\MaxBlast\MaxBlastMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Maxtor\MaxBlast\TimounterMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Maxtor\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\ImageStudio\LowLight.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSRMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\2.bin\mwsoemon.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\CyberLink Live\CLPushUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\wwDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\LiveUpdate\LiveUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\JOHNPA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\xxx8119.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\JOHNPA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~tmph.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\FxSvr2.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\JOHNPA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~tmpc.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-to-remove-secure-expert-cleaner-com.760848/
Relevancy 39.13%

Please could someone recommend the best web-based filesharing site, to use as a distant server for large shared files.
We need the following:

access for up to 10 users, on a variety of machines and operating systems, windows and mac
version control
frequent back-up
maximum security and good evidence of that (proprietary information needing utter secrecy)
simple to use (most of us are not very techie).
Thanks!

Relevancy 39.13%

I am looking for the best way to secure folders. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-professional-secure-folders.711891/
Relevancy 39.13%

For some reason my browser doesn't allow me to view webpages over a secure connection...I can't purchase anything online, or do my online banking. I've tried adjusting security settings, and adjusting my firewall, but no change! Help please!