Windows Support Forum

Free hard drive or usb data recovery

Q: Free hard drive or usb data recovery

DiskGetor data recovery free : 1, Increased ability of undeletion; 2, Recover system destroyed files and recover deleted ( word, excel ,photo,dwg ,cad,office ppt etc important data) files names perfectly which were erased in Recycle Bin ; recovered files will add right file extensions automatically, if they were in sub-folders before, DiskGetor will recover all these folders as well, Recover encrypted and hidden folders

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-hard-drive-or-usb-data-recovery.145922/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Free hard drive or usb data recovery

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 80.84%

hi i have a scSi disk GB i [Hard header sql recovery] data Drive / extractors data lost information from it and tried to recover with other recovery softwares to no avail finally i got winhex amp got the professional licence i can now data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] be able to see all the information on the whole NTFS partition but the problem is that i data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] can t be able to recover it when ever i open the logical drive i can see all the information and most of the information is stack up in a quot free space quot which is around gb which i can be able to see has all the information that i need i have tried to recover the free space but its only copied to the location that i specify and no recoveries are made recovering the files by type name has bore no fruits a freind told me i have to curve out that area and use data extractors to get the information out of that area freee space the information in that drive are sql data bases and zip files whats the header for sql what techniques do i use to curve out that space and be abele to extract the information for i can even read the information in text format which are the data extractors available in the market kindly assist its quite urgent i get this information out nbsp

A:data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery]

I don't know where this thread properly belongs -- but I suspect the question may be too esoteric for most here.

Since it involves data recovery from a hard drive I'm going to move it to Hardware, I think "all other software" is not likely to have anyone with this type of experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-extractors-sql-header-hard-drive-data-recovery.438131/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi I have a pen drive by Disgo mb that i need to access It contains a password protection program which my mother set up on the stick She has forgotten to write the password down and has forgotten to write her email address down which she set up at the same time which has her password for it stored on Is there any way i can get access to the pen drive data to back up for her that is stored on the protected area of the pen drive I ve heard you can get a program called data doctor that scans the drive and allows you to backup the data but unless i buy the whole program i cannot recover the information Would this program get by the password protection on the drive If not is there another way to do it Are there any free programs or ways to gain access to it I don t use pen drives myself but my mother has some university work she needs Drive are Programs? that get past Recovery protec Data Pen Any Free? Able to password to get off the stick Nothing sensitive but just important for her work Hope anyone can help and hope this request is not against any rules Sorry if it is nbsp

A:Pen Drive Data Recovery Programs? Any that are Free? Able to get past password protec

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pen-drive-data-recovery-programs-any-that-are-free-able-to-get-past-password-protec.533016/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to a new system from XP and was hoping to recover some data from my old hard drive which has the 40 pin connector. I was hoping to find the grey ribbon inside but instead there is what I think is a SATA cable connecting the hard drive. Therefore I'm a wee bit confused as to what I connect the slave to.
There is a grey ribbon, but that is connected to the DVD drive although it does have a second connector halfway down.

Thanks for the help!!

Relevancy 76.54%

Ok my ac adapter charger would not register when plugged into my laptop so it was sent away for repair i assumed that i would be given a new charger i wrote a letter explaining that i specifically did not want anything REMOVED REFORMATTED as i was unable to back up my personal files due to my laptop not being able to work without a charger and i asked them to ring me in advance if they had to do so Upon receiving my laptop back i found to my extreme annoyance my old hard drive was removed then replaced with another one I was furious as all my personal files were on the hard drive I went to PC World to complain im sorry the level of customer service they provide ia appalling i am never going to old recovery drive??? Data hard from shop there again they said they could try to recover some of Data recovery from old hard drive??? my personal files for free such as Uni documents pictures etc but not Data recovery from old hard drive??? my music Anyway the data Data recovery from old hard drive??? was backed up but the adviser said the data that he managed to transfer was unstable and that if i was to recover the data by any other means it may damage my laptop All i want is my music videos etc back how can i recover it off the old hard drive I was told it had become corrupt somehow but i dont understand what that had to do with my ac adapter not working My computer worked fine before it was virus free etc All i want is my music back someone mentioned something about a caddy Please someone help me nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

I have (yet another Maxtor) hard drive that has crashed - It is visible in the BIOS as a Maxtor ares 40gb drive, but invisible to any operating system. Maxtor's own low-level utlity can't pick it up and hangs - others do, and show the drive's parameters, but cannot read the drive. The platters are spinning. Anybody know any software that might get data off this drive? Have tried all the usual stuff, Spinrite, Easy Recovery, etc.

A:Hard drive data recovery? Can it be done?

If the drive is physically damaged enough there is no software that will recover the data. Have you tried the freezer trick yet? It may make the drive available long enough ot get the data off of it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-data-recovery-can-it-be-done.463433/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have a hard drive that would not boot Windows XP. I replaced the hard drive reloaded windows xp and I am trying to retrieve data. When I plug the drive in using a USB to IDE adapter the compuiter recognizes the drive and it even shows in computer manager as the correct size, however the file system type is blank. When I try to look at it in My Computer it comes back as says the drive is not formatted do I want to format it now, I said NO.
also when I first plug it in the autoplay starts on that drive but does not give me options.

Any Thoughts??

Tom

I have tried a couple USB to IDE adapter same results also the to plug it in directly to the IDE controller no luck

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

My son spilled milk all over one of my laptops, which basically killed it.  I opened up the laptop and dried everything off, but It just will not boot at all.  Fortunately, however, the Hard Drive actually survived and still works.

I connected the hard drive as an external drive on my other laptop using a USB adaptor, and can open the drive in Windows Explorer.  However, when I try to navigate to my Users folder, I get an error dialog box that says the folder "is not accessible.  Access is denied."

Does anyone know how I can get passed this so I can retrieve my data before I reformat the drive?

Thank you

A:Hard Drive Data Recovery - PLEASE HELP

Hi jamespeck

Please try this links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810881
http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_gain_access_to_files_that_windows_says_i_dont_have_permission_to_access.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496622/hard-drive-data-recovery-please-help/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,

I have been having great difficulty trying to figure out how to recover all of my data on my hard drive that just stopped working three nights ago. I was foolish to not back anything up. I have attached a picture of what my desktop looks like with two windows open. One being Disk Management and the other being Minitool Partition Wizard. They both show the hard drive that I am trying to recover. That hard drive will not show up on "My Computer" but I can see it in those two windows. What can I do to recover this data? I have tried a couple tools, but they could not see it, and the Minitool Partition Wizard was still at 0% after 18 hours of scanning. Thank you.

A:Data Recovery on Old Hard Drive

Hi Mat the w,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

I presume it is an internal drive on your desktop.

Please run the manufacturer's diagnostic/repair utility. ( Since you did not tell us the make/model number of the drive, I can only give this general statement.) Check whether it is able to repair your disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311217-data-recovery-old-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I want to recover data (pics) from our Pavilion. SSD is an LBT-64L6G-HP (part #735315-001) by Hewlett Packard. My current tech can't find a cable/connector for transferring/retrieving the data. Any suggestions? Thanx!   John

A:SSD Hard Drive data recovery

Does something called M.2 NGFF sound like the right kind of product?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/SSD-Hard-Drive-data-recovery/td-p/5675032
Relevancy 76.54%

I m trying to recover data from a friend s hard drive that suddenly failed to boot It s a Samsung SATA Hard drive recovery data I ve got it connected directly Hard drive data recovery to the motherboard of my computer as a slave It is seen in the Hard drive data recovery BIOS Device Manager and Disk Management but not in Windows Explorer The drive spins and doesn t make any unusual noises I tested it with HDTune the SMART data is all OK and a quick sector scan showed no bad clusters I ve tried Spinrite computer froze O amp O Format and Recovery Scan started then computer froze A couple of other recovery apps froze too and some just didn t see the drive GetDataBack found a few things but not much and couldn t recover Trial version I installed Ubuntu on an attached drive it couldn t see the drive So I m about ready to throw in the towel but thought I d run it by the gurus at TSG first Is it possible that password protection on the drive limits what can be seen recovered or do the recovery apps look beyond that Anything I ve missed here Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

Hello everyone!

My brother accidentally hit his LENOVO laptop and it won't boot anymore with "unmountable_boot_volume" error showing.

I have tried connecting the damaged harddrive to my computer using 2.5'' enclosure for SATA harddrives. My computer was able to see the hard drive but wouldn't let open it, saying there was an input/output error.

I have also tried using chkdsk, but not to avail - chkdsk said it cannot get direct access to the drive.

Is there anything I can do myself besides taking the drive to a data recovery service?

A:Please help with hard drive data recovery

see this to get your DATA off the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-with-hard-drive-data-recovery.83535/
Relevancy 76.54%

My OS became corrupt but my hard drive is still good, obviously i cant access the hard drive to save the files elsewhere, anyone know a way to take the info off the hard drive when i cant access windows

Note: this is what i get when you don't backup important data.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

A:Data recovery from hard drive

Is this a laptop or a desktop?

If it's a desktop remove the hd and place it in another desktop as a slave. Transfer the data to either that machine's hd or a cd.

Or

You can try to repair the op system and hope you don't destroy the data while attempting it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29149/data-recovery-from-hard-drive/
Relevancy 76.54%

Okay, my harddrive in my laptop is corrupt. So I have got it plugged in to my desktop pc at the moment. I used GetDataBack to try and recover all my files. It found then all, and can play/open all of them. But when I try to copy, nothing happens.

Does anyone know of a free (or under $15-ish) hard drive data recovery program that works? Also, my hard drive is NTFS.

Thanks in advance.

A:Hard Drive Data Recovery

Some people have had luck with PC Inspectorhttp://www.snapfiles.com/get/pcinspector.htmlHome page:http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file_recov....htm?language=1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234551/hard-drive-data-recovery/
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm working on an older Compaq Presario 5070 for my father-in-law. He has been lax in keeping his virusscan up to date. I've built him a new computer that is ready to install, but days before my trip to do the install his presario took a dump. It appears through various boot attempts that the Config.sys files got corrupted in line 2 and 3. The drive is running Win 98. I can access the drive through DOS and run DIR and see all the files intact. I would like to recover his address book for Outlook Express. When trying to boot with windows I get an error that reads, "Can Not Find QR System Save Drive". I don't need to save this computer or drive, I just would like to retrieve some info. All help would be appreciated
Robodoc

Relevancy 76.54%

Help. Can I recover the data on my hard drive which is in a desktop PC that died last week? Take the HD out, hook it up somehow, move the data to a backup or portable HD?
Thanks from Pacejo

Relevancy 76.54%

Seeking low-level data recovery tools ---

I have an external drive (WD10TMVW-11ZSMS5; was in a "Passport"). The drive was dropped; hard -> head crashed and diver board circuit was damage... Tried to transfer plattens to new drive, but plattens became misregistered in process (duh) [Oh yeah... The head mechanism was damaged too; otherwise I'd have just replaced the circuit board and not tried to transfer the plattens (would that it were that simple)].

Does anyone know if there exists an app that will allow me to control the disk; read heads individually; transfer bit patterns to another media for reconstruction of the image?

I know it's a long shot, but I have to try.

Thanx, from Hell.

Relevancy 76.11%

Sorry I am a computer novice; but, I am running out of hard drive C space and I thought maybe I could put Recovery Drive D on a flash drive in order to free up drive C space.

If this is possible, can you refer me to some instructions on how to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Can you put Recovery Drive D on a flash drive to free up hard drive

To be honest a recovery drive won't give you much space (10 GB or so?). You are better off with a USB external HDD and move your less accessed data to the external.

I wonder what others will say.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/370017-can-you-put-recovery-drive-d-flash-drive-free-up-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,

This is my first post on here, so please be gentle!

I am using Win XP Pro and have a couple of 2.5" SATA laptop hard drives that I need to get the data off. I am connecting the drives via an external USB adapter and can see the hard drives (connecting them one at a time) in the device manager and in disk management. However, wheras I can access my "C" drive from disk management, I cannot access the new drive - all the icons are blank.

I'm really stumped as I've never had this problem on an IDE hard drive

Any help would really, really be appreciated - I have looked for answers on this forum for Viruses, etc. and its always been 100% accurate and helpful

Thanks,

Ian
(one confused computer user)!

A:Data Recovery From A Sata Hard Drive

Try assigning a letter to the drive.Right-click the drive and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click Add. Click Assign the following drive letter if it is not already selected, and then either accept the default drive letter or click the drive letter that you want to use. Click OK.How to change drive letter assignments in Windows XP

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125254/data-recovery-from-a-sata-hard-drive/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,
I have a failing hard drive but I can still access it when it is connected as an external USB drive (used to be the primary boot drive in a laptop) I want to copy as much of the data as possible from the "user" folder and sub folders. I select the folders I want to copy but the process fails with out any errors. Copying files sees to work but it would take a long time to rebuild the folder structure. Any ideas how to accomplish this and/or why copying folders fails (with not error messages)? Thanks!

A:Data recovery from failing hard drive

Try running a Disk Check

If this fails sometimes what will work is How to Check File System? Partition Wizard Video Help.. I'd also run Video help on how to perform partition surface test with Partition Wizard..

If you can't copy out the files via Explorer then try Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console to another HD or flash stick.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/298281-data-recovery-failing-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 75.68%

error on bootup of laptop is 'media card test failed' 2nd error pops up "operating system not found"

CompUSA says - hard drive failure. Hard drive is just over a year old.

Wondering if there is anyway to recover data off of the drive.

Thanks -

Murph

Relevancy 75.68%

Can anyone recommend a good data recovery program for an ATA hard drive?
Thanks

A:Hard drive data recovery program.

Hi, I lost 120GB last months and I recovered with this software:

GetDataBack for NTFS

or

GetDataBack for FAT

It is the Best!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-data-recovery-program.494927/
Relevancy 75.68%

The problem I am having is with the following hard drive DiamondMax Plus GB ATA HDD This is in an enclosure as Hard Drive not Need up: data showing recovery an external hard drive I removed it from the Hard Drive not showing up: Need data recovery case and hooked it to my USB to IDE adapter When the HDD first comes on Hard Drive not showing up: Need data recovery it clicks and is not recognized by my computer as being connected via USB I understand that clicking is not good and means the HDD is dead or dying When the clicking finally stopped Windows Explorer recognized it as being connected However the properties of the hard drive show all blue no free space Plus it is indicating that the HDD needs formatting This HDD was used to store photos and video and had to have been formatted in order to do this of course I ran a CHKDSK r and SFC scannow but nothing improved and I truly don t remember if any errors were found as a result of the scans Any suggestions as how to retrieve the data off this HDD or how to bring back the format without erasing the entire disk Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

How would I go about retrieving files from a busted amiga hard drive?

I tried taking it out of my A600 and putting it into my then newly-purchased A1200, but something wasn't right and neither the 1200 or the 600 would see it.

I'd like to see if i can salvage the files and use them on my PC with an emulator.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

A:Amiga hard drive data recovery...

If the drive itself is damaged, it makes it difficult or impossible to read data off the drive.

It's been a long time since I've touched an Amiga 1200/600. I still have my Amiga 3000 in this room. Oh well.. I remember when the high-priced A4000 came out and the A1200 - I knew C= royally screwed up big time. Yeah - $2000+ for a desktop and $600 for a key-board computer, when $600~1000 gets you a desktop-PC. Ouch. Oh well... memories.

Good luck - but if your A1200 can't read the drive - all is pretty much loss... and of course, PCs don't read Amiga formatted media.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amiga-hard-drive-data-recovery.667676/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello, my hard drive recently became partially corrupted, so I'm trying to copy the data to another one to see what I can salvage, but when I try to access the hard drive it says "access denied" I tried changing the permissions but I really have no idea what to do here

A:[SOLVED] Hard drive data recovery

Take ownership of the drive or folder.
If you are having problems accessing a corrupted drive, try recovering your files with the free TestDisk Program, I have had the best luck with GetDataBack. You will need another drive of the same size or larger to restore your files to.,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-hard-drive-data-recovery-941465.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have sent out my old Firelite to Flash Fixers to have my files recovered,which they did for me and transfered the files to a new Firelite. Anyway if I have a problem with my Firelite, can I bring my Firelite to an Apple Store in my area and see if they do File recovery,if anynody has their files recovered how much do they charge.

A:Fireltie USB Hard Drive Data Recovery

If anything goes wrong with one of my Firelites, I'll just take the drive out of the enclosure and either plug it internally into a PC with a 2.5" to 3.5" connector adapter cable; or fit it into another external USB enclosure.
If the drive itself isn't damaged (as opposed to the enclosure circuitry) this will make it readable right away.
If the drive IS damaged, it'll cost zillions to get the data professionally recovered.
The cheapest solution is to ensure that you ALWAYS have ALL the data on the Firelite backed-up to another device.
I do, even though my Firelites have been running fine for a couple of years at least with no glitches at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fireltie-usb-hard-drive-data-recovery.690330/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi all Yesterday my clients laptop HDD became corrupt and unreadable Unable to boot to Windows or recognise disk through recovery drive data Laptop hard WinXP re-install process I replaced the HDD and software re-built his laptop All went well My problem is that of course he has alot of data on the old HDD and did not have a back-up in place I have a USB - IDE tool that I connect the old HDD up to my laptop with and WinXP does recognise the disk but when you try to access the disk it says the file table is corrupt or unreadable chkdsk returns a message saying master file table is corrupt and it does not run the chkdsk after that The disk is in trouble I know but it is not making any strange noises and My PC Laptop hard drive data recovery picks it up straight away so there is a chance I may be able to salvage some data from it somehow Any ideas or programs would be appreciated Cheers grinthumb nbsp

A:Laptop hard drive data recovery

Hello,

Look at this guide:

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1139&page=5

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-hard-drive-data-recovery.76358/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a notebook computer with a failing hard drive. I just got a new hard drive of the same capacity to replace it. I intend to sell the computer, so I want to copy the recovery data to the new hard drive so that I can have an authentic copy of Windows. Is there a way I can go about doing this?

I do have the tools to access the new internal hard drive via USB.

Image shows new internal hard drive (F:\) connected via USB using SATA to USB adapter.

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi all My problem started a few days ago for no apparent reason When I switch on drive data hard recovery from corrupt my PC it seems to be loading windows XP as usual but before data recovery from corrupt hard drive I get to the login page it keeps rebooting i e never gets beyond a certain point I have therefore installed Windows XP home on another data recovery from corrupt hard drive hard drive and here I am I have now attached the faulty disk as a slave This drive is completely unreadable and I have not been able to access it at all Therefore I have not written anything or read anything off this drive As most of my important files are on this drive amp my last backup was over months ago I am desperate to recover this data Could someone tell me if there are any good on-line tools that I could use to recover my files I don t my spending a bit on this as I am very desperate and want a good recovery tool Thanks as usual for your support Regards Harsha nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

Hello, my laptop would no longer boot. I brought it to a local place and they recommended replacing the HD, so I did. At home, I used a 2.5-Inch to 3.5-Inch Notebook Drive Adapter to hook up the bad drive to an external usb drive. I think I may have not connected it correctly (not matching pin 1 appropriately). So I think I fried the drive. Is there any hope for data recovery, any other options?

HD 30 GB hitachi

A:Possible fried hard drive, data recovery

all i can say is try it on another computer, as its nearly impossible to fry it by connecting it, unless you go at an angle, and that would be a break....so it should be fine. get a few big blank cds (atleast 5gb each) and manually copy the files......thats all i can think of.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-fried-hard-drive-data-recovery.670012/
Relevancy 75.68%

My desktop is a Dell XPS that possible? drive?? recovery Dead Is hard data is months old Yesterday it freaked out According to my daughter she left it for a few minutes and when she came back the screen had gone black and there was a white error message on it unforunately she did not write down the error message but she turned the unit off and tried to restart it At Dead hard drive?? Is data recovery possible? first it would go to the screen after the Dell splash Bios But after a few starts it wouldn t even go there I ran a diagnostic on it from the F option and I got several errors all of them attached to the message that the IDE device failed I am assuming that my hard drive is gone I have several questions Is it possible that I am wrong I can not get it to do anything other than the F option no F no F I did clean the inside of my tower and that did not help either My huband has over songs on that drive all downloaded from reputable sites the pay ones like Walmart Rhapsody and Amazon is there anyway to recover these so all he has to do is get them re-licensed instead of having to buy them all over again I am assuming that I need to buy a new hard drive but which one is best I guess I just seriously need help This is very depressing nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

looks like my hard drive crashed... it was fairly new...western digital 7200 RPM 30GB drive.... accidentally dropped my printer on my computer, and computer froze, and restarted, bios wouldnt recognize the hard drive to be plugged in or anything .... now hard drive, doesnt make usualy spinning noise, but rather a slower clicking spinning noise ......

any way to recover the contents of the disk?

or any suggestions what i can do to try and get the hard drive to work?

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi all I have a hard drive from an Acer laptop Win XP that died from a charging problem some years back and is in pieces I put the HDD in an enclosure and I see only one file in My Documents instead of what should be there and it says USBC with about three wingding type squares a little as in a squared and then another hard Acer recovery from an Data drive wingding type square I have a Ubuntu Dual boot with XP box I don't put XP on the net and I looked at it in Ubuntu and saw the Acer and the Acer Data recovery so when I looked in the acer partition I could see all the data normal individual flies and photos in My documents even though each file has a little pad lock on it I should have copied it all there and then but I went back to XP to try but as XP Data recovery from an Acer hard drive didn't recognise the USBC file it wouldn't I went back to Ubuntu and found I couldn't see the Acer partition only the Acer Data recovery partition I have searched the net to see if this USBC is a Data locking virus and couldn't find much In Ubuntu I ran a program that said one of the sectors and cylinders was wrong so in windows XP I ran Chkdsk and I think I have stuffed it up as I can now see the pertition in Ubuntu but there is just an unknown file with a padlock on it in My Documents and the file is too small My question is does anyone know if I can access the data in the Acer Data recovery partition even though it isn't in an Acer Laptop Thanks in advance for any advice

A:Data recovery from an Acer hard drive

In linux you might have to mount manually. Check if the system can read the drive/partitions. Running command....

sudo fdisk -lu
-or,
sudo blkid

sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/myfiles

cd /mnt/myfiles

-ls

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564537/data-recovery-from-an-acer-hard-drive/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi all, first post.
I have a HP pavilion dv7 laptop that recently died, but comp tech says hard drive should still be good. HPs black screen of death is what happened...I'm past trying to fix it, and bought a new ASUS laptop.
I removed the hard drive from the HP, hooked up the sata cable n power supply a d tgen into the USB port. When I do this, it immediately displays an error message "unknown address" and I cannot get into the hard drive. I'm lost now and can't figure out what to do. Driver is up to date, did a few things that I found online like updating driver, disable/enable through devmgmt, n some others....
The hard drive I removed from the HP was running Windows 7 and my new ASUS is running Windows 10.
HELP!!

Ben

A:Hard drive data recovery failing

Hey, Ben! What exactly do you have this hard drive plugged into? I'm a bit confused on that part. Is it an external enclosure or a dock? Or something else? The new laptop is displaying the message about "unknown address?" Is it a particular software that you're running showing that?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/hard-drive-data-recovery-failing-277684/
Relevancy 75.68%

My wife s Dell desktop of years unexpectedly crashed this evening From a similar experience with my old laptop I know you can possibly extract data on the hard drive by turning it into a quot slave quot drive and hooking it up to another out Swap Drive data for Hard recovery computer and then copy the files over to the working computer From what I have read online even though I cannot boot the hard drive the rest of teh data should still be accessible I did not hear any noises coming from the drive before its demise nor do I hear any loose parts now I heard both on old laptop Swap out Hard Drive for data recovery drive and could not recover anything from it with the help of a tech - Thsi is where I learned the procedure initially I have already removed the hard drive Swap out Hard Drive for data recovery from the non working desktop and have placed it in a plastic bag for safe keeping I have read that you can put the drive in a hard drive enclosure and then hook that up to a computer but we were looking to get an extenral drive of some sort anyway so I d like to just use that My question is can I buy an external hard drive and then swap out the insides putting my old drive in the new enclosure and then hook that up to the computer I would really like a portable drive vs an external drive so can I use that or do I need to buy an external Or buy a portable drive for the future and an enclosure for the data transfer - this seems like a waste as after taking everything off the drive do I want to rely on that for storage since its yrs old I don t know how long a drive lasts for but the computer has been moved a few times and we live in the humid NE part of the country which I know affects things I appreciate any insight into this nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

Welcome all - this is my first post on Hard-drive Through Possible? Enclosure: USB Data Recovery this forum Here s my situation my desktop computer has died but its SATA hard-drive still functions correctly I have a suitable hard drive enclosure so I thought I would simply be able to slide the hard drive in and copy the data from it onto my notebook or any other computer for that matter via USB The notebook sees the drive Data Recovery Through USB Hard-drive Enclosure: Possible? and thinks it functions correctly but it does not appear in the quot My Computer quot list of drives The only way I can find it is by doing the following right-click on quot My Computer quot gt manage gt hard drives and there it is listed as quot unknown quot I have the option to format the drive but that s not what I want I wonder whether there is any way to make my notebook read the data that is already on the drive Both computers run Windows XP Service Pack the Notebook is a Toshiba Satellite I don t know what other information is Data Recovery Through USB Hard-drive Enclosure: Possible? relevant to the issue but I will happily provide whatever you think could be helpful nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-through-usb-hard-drive-enclosure-possible.722826/
Relevancy 75.68%

So I posted earlier about how I forgot the password of please on data drive: an hard external recovery help my Western Digital MyBook Essentail harddrive I gave up and pursued another option Data recovery I read that basically when data gets deleted it just loses it s tag so it can be replaced by something else Therefore if you delete your data data recovery on an external hard drive: please help but never read write on the drive you should be able to recover many all the files you lost If you enter the password wrong times data recovery on an external hard drive: please help on the Smartware that comes with the MyBook it gives you the option data recovery on an external hard drive: please help to erase your drive losing all your data but enabling you to access the drive again It wipes it basically I also think it reformatted it too as it used to be in what Macintosh calls it quot ms dos quot format or something probably fat right It was in a format so it could be read writable on both macs and pc s So I took the risk and went for it I erased the drive after typing in what i wished was my password but wasn t times Now I am trying to find software that I might be able to use to fix this predicament I m in At the moment I am going to go to bed and leave test disk running It s quick scan only found two partitions some efs thing that I didn t recognize and mac hfs I think I watched on youtube this guy demo d test disk and the name of his partition showed up too I named my harddrive yonbanme I didn t see anything like that pop up now the harddrive s name is reset to WD or something it s model number Any advice is greatly appreciated but I have this lingering feeling that something is off I ve been using software here and there and none of them seem to be able to locate my old files Am I naive in thinking that as long as I do not write any more data to the external harddrive I still should be able to recover my files nbsp

A:data recovery on an external hard drive: please help

Sometimes you can recover data and sometimes you cannot. You are correct in that when you do a normal delete, you are really just removing the references to the file in the MFT or if fat32, the FAT.

Since it did format, and there was some type of security, it may have done a secure type of format or erase of the data. It may still be possible to recover data however it is most likely going to have to go to a data recovery shop. Prices for this are NOT cheap. Here a very basic data recovery costs $100 plus whatever media it used to copy the data. Prices go way up from there.

It does you little good now however we have a saying; "Data you do not have at least two copies of is data you do not care about" With an image backup of the data files, this would be a no brainer to fix. New drive and restore the data; done.

You have learned a valuable lesson regarding backups; hopefully it did not cost you too much data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-on-an-external-hard-drive-please-help.904191/
Relevancy 75.68%

I see a lot of existing threads on this topic so feel kind of guilty for starting a new one but I didn t find an exact match to my situation yet My desktop running Question Recovery Hard Data Drive XP Home Edition stopped booting up yesterday so I suspect some data is corrupted or the drive is in the process of failing or both Hard Drive Data Recovery Question I put the HD as slave into another desktop we hav also running XP home I seem to be able to access most of the drive except for what I m really after I can t get Hard Drive Data Recovery Question into my documents it says access denied I go to Documents and Settings folder then try to go into my personal folder and that is where I get the Access Denied message Could this be because there is some corruption in these files or could it be because I have a login password when we first boot up the machine just the standard administratory password Should I stop everything I m doing and go for help I m backed up until mid-July so it is really just family photos and movie clips off my camera and some misc documents since mid-July but there have been a lot precious photos since then By the way I didn t create restore CD s for this PC but it has a partition with recovery on it One of the options is a non-destructive recover If all else fails should I try that Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,

just for curiosity I have had a few hard drives dismanteled, I wanted to see what is actually in them and how they work, so I am familiar with taking them apart and then putting them back together, and they still worked, but that was all original parts that I took out and put back in.
would it ever be possible to take apart a bad drive change out the disk to another similar drive and recover the data from it, or is this an impossible task?
if this would be impossible, what can I do to retrieve data from a drive that has pretty much died?

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi guys
Hope someone can help.
My external hard drive has suddenly stopped working.
My computer can see the drive (but not the drive label) and the shortcut I have for the drive will open it but when it does there is nothing there.
I have downloaded a few so called free data recovery pieces of software and they can all see the data on my drive with no problems, even stuff I'd previously deleted seems to be available for recovery, however, as soon as you try to recover the data these "free to use" tools need to be registered and paid for.
Is there any free/shareware tools that will get my drive working or at least that will recover the data onto an alternative drive.
Im ever so grateful for any advice offered (apart from back up your data cos I've learned that piece of advice the hard way!!!)
Cheers

Relevancy 75.25%

My old laptop is dead (will not start up -- it's either the mobo or CPU). I read in a previous forum post to buy an adaptor that converts your laptop hard drive to be able to connect to the desktop -- the link no longer works. So....

I found this connector from CompUSA -- will this work?

Thsnks!

A:Dead Laptop Hard Drive Data Recovery

That will work just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-laptop-hard-drive-data-recovery.195489/
Relevancy 75.25%

Alright my hard drive had been having some issues as of late I deal a lot with large files on my computer Slaving data recovery hard problems for drive a from school things like my animation homework my music videos me and my friends make even some pretty Slaving a hard drive for data recovery problems cool lookin light saber fights the works The hard drive Slaving a hard drive for data recovery problems started making a weird clicking noise and would lose performance some times I had to restore God knows how many times because it would drop registry files or just stay with a black screen for over an hour I finally got fed up with it when it lost the System file and couldn t load windows last night so I got a hold of one of my dad s spares loaded up XP Pro and went to slave the old drive to get the data off of it the old drive was gigs but it s showing it only around and will only ask me if i want to format it when I click on it Not sure if it helps but the sequence of events were as follows Take out old HD Replace with new HD Set old HD to slave hook everything up Boot up computer Format new HD and Install Windows XP Run windows XP click on D drive and get message asking if i want to format the gig actually gig HD Was I supposed to wait until after I installed windows to install the Slaved drive or what what am I missing here If you have any ideas please send em my way I hate to start all over again nbsp

A:Slaving a hard drive for data recovery problems

Usually a clicking noise will mean a hardware failure. When it asks you to format the drive that points to a failure of the read/write heads. Running software on it isn't going to work and unless you have a clean room you aren't going to be able to recover the data yourself. Take it to a data recovery professional and they will perform a free diagnostic on the drive. That way you will know just how serious it is. I've had good experiences with a place called CBL data recovery. Good luck. JT.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slaving-a-hard-drive-for-data-recovery-problems.602454/
Relevancy 75.25%

I want to recover if possible, not only my emails, documents, videos, and photos. I also want to recover my browser bookmarks, tabs, and history, and my programs, particularly some shareware I have.

I have had a firm in California recommended to me.

Relevancy 75.25%

I bought SysTools Hard Drive Data Recovery and I m ready to download and install the program Recovery Install Drive SysTools Hard Data The decision to make is on which drive should it be installed The company website says When you will click on Next you will be asked to select the destination location for installation of software By default the software will get installed on this location-C Program Files SysToolsHard Drive Data Recovery but if you wish then you can also select a different destination location by clicking on the Browse button The email sent with the Install SysTools Hard Drive Data Recovery purchase instructs NOTE Please DO NOT select destination Install SysTools Hard Drive Data Recovery drive folder as the source hard drive from which you are recovering data The data I use and want to restore is on Drive C That leaves Drive D which is marked Recovery No valuable documents on there to my knowledge Drive Install SysTools Hard Drive Data Recovery E is for running DVDs but it seems a bit risky as DVDs can degrade over time Which way should I go nbsp

A:Install SysTools Hard Drive Data Recovery

What exactly are you trying to recover and why?

Assuming they are simply files that were deleted on accident, the more you use the computer (especially as the files were on the C drive), the more likely the data has been/will be overwritten, and thus not recoverable. Windows and all Windows software (your browser for example), write temp files to the C drive all the time. Which means any files deleted from that drive, will quickly be partially or completely overwritten and not recoverable.

Even installing the recovery software on a different HDD (or in this case, drive D would appear to be a partition of a single HDD), will write files to the C drive.

In this instance, as soon as it was determined that file recovery was needed, the computer should have been shut down and the HDD removed. You then use a second computer with the recovery software, connect the HDD (internally, by USB adapter, or dock/external enclosure) and recover the data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-systools-hard-drive-data-recovery.1154553/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi all I have a Lenovo my data? do i hard losing recovery without How a drive do Windows Thinkpad E with Windows pre installed by reseller instead of the windows pro and since today i can no longer access windows I boot and it goes to black screen with flashing cursor in top left hand corner My How do i do a Windows recovery without losing my hard drive data? first thought was to tap F and go to advanced start up How do i do a Windows recovery without losing my hard drive data? and select safe mode How do i do a Windows recovery without losing my hard drive data? however it seems this function is no longer available I assume this is because the system was originally built for windows pro So my first question is is there a way to access ASO via a cold reboot I have spoken to customer services and Lenovo and they said it may be hard drive issue I explained i had ran diagnostic test and that came back passed and clear he then said it sounds like a major corruption of the OS His solution is to send me Windows recovery discs and reload win and then downgrad to WIn again if thats what i prefer To be fair i just want a working computer My second question is Can i do a Win recovery on the Win system and keep all the existing data on my Hard drive Looking at the recovery process it would wipe my hard drive Unfortunately this is my bosses computer and he hasnt done a back up of his files massive school boy error on his part Any advice help you can offer will be greatly appreciated Thanks Rich

A:How do i do a Windows recovery without losing my hard drive data?

Quote:
So my first question is, is there a way to access ASO via a cold reboot?

Not all computers work the same, what is ASO? It's always best to spell out a name at the first mention then use the acronym for it later on so folks know what it means.

No, the process will usually not save any data. Two choices come to mind, one is to boot to a Linux LiveCD or LiveDVD and try to copy the data to a USB device and the other is to pull the HDD, put it in a USB HDD Case and plug into a different computer to save the data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/348037-how-do-i-do-windows-recovery-without-losing-my-hard-drive-data.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Having looked at a few forums, it seems an update from Windows sometimes produces a fault where your PC is stuck in an infinate restart having shown updated 3 of 3 0%. I found trouble starting in safe mode and instead selected to go for a restore point, from here the drive was formatted and I have lost about 100gb of data. My question is if I use a data recovery program will I be able to restore all my emails, documents, photos, music and software etc and replace them onto the hard drive. The PC came with MS Office already on it so I cannot reinstall the that or any of the other usefull programs as I do not have the serial numbers. I have been looking at Ease Us and this is doing a search at the moment has found 140,000 files in 2 hours, feels like it may be opening a massive can of worms trying to replace and restore everything.

A:Formated hard drive, Data Recovery problem

The more that you use the hard drive, the more likely that the data will be overwritten (and unrecoverable by normal means).

I'd recommend the utilities from Data Recovery Software - Hard Drive Recovery - RAID Recovery - Runtime Software They are free to run and see what you can recover - but it'll cost you about $80 US to actually do the recovery.

Data recovery is just that - data. If you're trying to recover programs that'll be much more difficult. I'd suggest contacting the system manufacturer for a set of recovery disks that contain the original software.

Then you're faced with determining if the data recovery was successful. In my case I recovered a deleted partition with an image of my hard drive - and the software reported that it was successful. But I wasn't able to restore the image.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/252286-formated-hard-drive-data-recovery-problem.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi there I need some assistance to determine if I have any options left Long story short an Iomega home media network hard drive lost some data that was needed badly Not NAS drive data issues. hard recovery/format help sure if this was deleted by someone or the drive corrupted The web gui has no NAS hard drive issues. data recovery/format help recovery options and the data wasn t backed up Took the HDD out of the enclosure and used a SATA to USB connector to attach to a computer locally Computer says it needs to be formatted and wouldn t give it a drive letter In disk manager it NAS hard drive issues. data recovery/format help showed as a RAW file format even though it s still usable when in enclosure and on network maybe the linux os that runs it can access the raw format anyway I have never recovered raw before and I understand it isn t nice file names are generally not recoverable I tried a few programs like easeus data recovery and had no luck One program saw files and recovered them by type but each file wouldn t load and acted corrupt like word files opened with squares for all of the content and pictures would not open etc Do I have any options I was thinking about formatting the file system to NTFS and then trying an NTFS recovery program but would this even work at all or would formatting just overwrite sectors where the missing files are and recovering wouldn t work because it s now a new filesystem I m guessing it was raw to start with since it still works normally I don t think it corrupted and switched file formats but iomega doesn t seem to give me a hint on this anyway no file system format info NAS hard drive issues. data recovery/format help Help Please and thank you nbsp

A:NAS hard drive issues. data recovery/format help

No, don't format. Don't do anything to the drive that could possibly overwrite your files.

If a Linux-based OS was managing it, do you know what file system it used to format that drive?

You might want to actually inspect the drive from a Linux-based OS since it would appear to Windows to be unfoermatted even if it had a perfectly intact Ext3fs file system, for example. If you have it already connected to the machine, try a boot CD (or try a file-system driver and try it from Windows).

Parted Magic disk partitioning, PC repair, and file recovery tool (Bootable CD or USB image)
If you prefer a bootable USB key, download and run Linux Live USB Creator. Choose the Parted Magic distro, and it will download it and automatically create a bootable USB key.

This CD (or key) contains many useful tools. You can partition, recover files, recover lost partitions, make disk images (by several different methods), transfer files between media, scan for viruses (It can serve as an Alternative Trusted Platform for search and elimination of rootkits and bootkits), examine and benchmark hardware, access the internet, and much more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nas-hard-drive-issues-data-recovery-format-help.1051222/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a disk with 2 partictions. Recently my system would not recognise either one of them. However I have got lucky and XP home is able to read from one of these 2 partitioned drives. However when copying some files from this drive I get message - Data error :Cyclic redundancy check. But this is only sometimes and I have been able to copy most of my data off this drive.

My big problem is that the second partition is unaccesible. Xp recognises this drive as as drive G: but it is unable to read it.

Just for info when booting I get a Master File Table error.

Can anyone recomend any software tools to recover my data. Would really really be a huge help.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-problems-from-1-partition-of-hard-drive.431979/
Relevancy 75.25%

We were playing lan games and didnt want to share some folders. So i removed some of the permissions. A week later my motherboard crashed and my OS hard drive was IDE the new motherboard im getting is SATA only.

When removing the permissions on the folder on my secondary hard drive I by accedwntly made so only my profile can access the files.

This makes that i cant access the files from another computer. The backups i have is not complete.

Any help please?

A:secondary hard drive data recovery crisis.

So i guess there is no way of getting the data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/205585-secondary-hard-drive-data-recovery-crisis.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok, my brother had a few hundred images on Ares but they were shared, Ares just had them in the images folder. He deleted the files on Ares thinking they wouldn't get deleted on this whole computer, he was wrong. Now I'm trying to help him by finding the best data recovery. That's why I came to Neowin to see which program works the best and was reviewed the best by Neowinians.

First is it even possible to recover all of his pictures? I would like people to not throw out every program that they know of. I just want programs that you have had good experiences with.

Please help out my brother in his time of need

Relevancy 75.25%

I finally got around to taking my computer to a professional after having it fail to boot The drive is dead He couldn t access it by any means So it looks like a data recovery service is my last option to actually pull the drive itself apart and physically make the data accessable and copy it I can find several online but have no idea of one over the other And with pricing done on a case by case basis according to thier sites all I can find is that these services are expensive I d like to have an idea of Dead Data drive. hard services. recovery what expensive is prior to contact some of these places Best I can find any discussion of is a low range of - and moving up from there Does anyone have any hard number ranges Anyone Dead hard drive. Data recovery services. have experience with or recommendations for any data recovery services I m not sure how much I m really willing to spend on this I hadn t been regularly backing up because I never considered most of my stuff to be very worthwhile I have most of my music on my iPod so I wasn t worried about losing most of that but I know there is some there Dead hard drive. Data recovery services. I will lose The real problem is that just about all Dead hard drive. Data recovery services. the pictures of my daughter for the last six months are on there And of course with a newborn I didn t have the time to setup a backup system or manually do it I wasn t sure what section this would best fit in If it should go elsewhere let me know As always thanks for any help I appreciate the time nbsp

A:Dead hard drive. Data recovery services.

http://www.myharddrivedied.com/
I think there's a $50 evaluation fee but you're not charged further if they can't recover the data. Very good at what they do (employ both software and hardware recovery methodology-the cheaper ones usually only have software), not cheap but not outrageous either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-hard-drive-data-recovery-services.1046302/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have recently had a malware attack, and a friend was able to access my hard drive and disinfect it. When I try to boot to this hard drive now, Windows gets me as far as my wallpaper, but no desktop functionality (no icons, taskbar, etc.). I have put this drive in another computer to try and scavenge data from it, but the data is password protected. Is there a way to either 1) do a Windows repair, or 2) get past this password when accessing this hard drive on another machine? I understand you can change a setting in the registry, but don't know how to change the registry when the drive is in another machine, or change it in my machine when I have no desktop functionality. I do appreciate your wisdom!

Tom

A:Data recovery on hard drive w/password protection

Exact error message, please?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211813/data-recovery-on-hard-drive-wpassword-protection/
Relevancy 74.39%

I am attempting to recover the data from an old Compaq Presario desktop Gig Western Digital hard drive with Win XP Pro installed on it Unfortunately I did the classic mistake of not backing this drive up and I Western data Digital hard misery recovery drive m having a hard time as a result The drive began the infamous clicking sound and rendered the computer it was installed on inoperable I have since connected it Western Digital hard drive data recovery misery as a slave on another old Intel Celeron Ghz Compaq Presario running XP Pro in order to try and work on it Initially the drive would click away and I could not access it no matter what I tried I then read about the quot freezer quot trick and connecting the drive upside down instead of mounted in its normal position After sealing the drive in a Ziplock bag and letting it freeze for a few hours I reconnected the drive The drive stopped clicking and lo and behold it was visible on Windows Explorer as well as Device and System managers I then frantically attempted to copy as many files as I could but my quot miracle quot slot of time lasted for only about seven minutes then the clicking began and I was back to having an inaccessible hard drive I was only able to recover a small portion of the data I am trying to save The interesting thing is that I have since used the freezer method a few more times and the hard drive no longer clicks at all It seems to spin and whir almost normally and is recognized by the Windows XP System Device manager where it is reported as functioning quot normally quot yet I can not access the drive from the Disk Manager Tool or Windows Explorer or from a software program called Find amp Mount in order to give it a drive letter I am now officially stumped Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated HELP Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

Problem I suspect my external hard drive is old worn out Symptoms Device manager recognizes it as a USB device drive hard recovery External anyway crashed, program? data under Hard Disk but disk management calls it unknown and not initialized No drive letter is shown under External hard drive crashed, anyway data recovery program? my computer When I plug in the hard drive I would hear it spinning up and than quickly down than spinning up again and going back down until it finally just idles Goal Try to recover my jpgs doc and txt files Specs FantomDrives GB model number TFD U had it for about a year and a half now It had an NTFS partition and no special software was used to maintain the external hard drive nor was an operating system installed on it Just basic files if it matters My computer is a windows Vista home External hard drive crashed, anyway data recovery program? basic on a acer aspire laptop How it happened just before I left for work i had things downloaded STRAIGHT to the hard drive When I get home it seems someone in the household unplugged everything to move the laptop Since than the drive has crashed However even before External hard drive crashed, anyway data recovery program? this I noticed strange behavior like it would just stop being recognized as a hard drive in the middle of copying a GB file but at that time it was on a mac so I assumed it may have just been operating system differences with the NTFS partition Self Attempts I ve tried the drive on multiple computers as well as on macs No new drive appears I ve also tried a program called TestDisk but the program only saw my internal hard drive and nothing else After it asks me for a log thats the next screen I got and it only found one drive even though my external hard drive was connected Perhaps testDisk isn t the best of program Is there any method I can try or other programs I am desperate to recover mainly my documents and text files as well as jpgs Thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Giveaway: Get the Data Recovery Software Full Version for FREE.

I have the Pro version of this software - it works very well.

The Giveaway is for a limited time - tho. once you have it - it runs forever.

A:Easeus Data Recovery Free ( normally $70)

cheers mate....... handy stuff

http://www.vistax64.com/software/265686-easeus-data-recovery-free-normally-70-a.html
Relevancy 67.08%

hello, i'm having a lot of probs with some of the DVDs i've burned before. i couldn't access & copy the files from the DVD media; some couldn't be detected by dvd-roms. so, i think my only chance is to recover them thru a data recovery tool.

does anybody know of a free recovery tool that'll help solve my prob? know where i can download? help pls..

or is there a way to avoid data & files burned in DVDs being corupted? how?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/59377/free-data-recovery-application/
Relevancy 67.08%

September 7, 2009 Free Today

GRT Data Recovery ? solution which can recover your data in the original format. These tool has the great and original capability to end up at complete and valuable data recovery. GRT Data Recovery helps you to recover lost data from FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS Partitions.

Features:

-Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS file systems.
-Recovers deleted files and folders even if recycle bin has been emptied or use of Shift+Del key.
-Provides easy-to-use graphical user interface.
-No technical or data recovery software skills are required.
-Recovery after data lost due to damaged, deleted, formatted, or corrupted disks.
-File recovery from missing and lost folders.
-Supports IDE, USB, ATA and SCSI hard drives.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/246311-grt-data-recovery-its-free-today.html
Relevancy 67.08%

EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Giveaway: Get the Data Recovery Software Full Version for FREE.

I have the Pro version of this software - it works very well.

The Giveaway is for a limited time - tho. once you have it - it runs forever.

A:Easeus Data Recovery Free ( normally $70)

Cool, thanks, downloaded it and will try later

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/53665-easeus-data-recovery-free-normally-70-a.html
Relevancy 67.08%

where can i download free data recovery program for NTFS/FAT partition

A:free data recovery program

Hello KF,

You might see if the free program Recuva may be able to work for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/143221-free-data-recovery-program.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Have a friend that deleted some files out of his machine using DOS command. He turned it off, then went home, so no other data has been written.

Any leads to Data Recovery Software.

Oh, his machine is a Windows machine. He's an old timer, and uses DOS to delete files..

A:Free Data Recovery Software

Nevermind,

He decided to just recover the latest backup version of it, and start from there.

TIA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-data-recovery-software.494305/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have problems mine is recovering data from a DVD-R amp a friend is looking for my help in recovering data from a quot corrupted quot Flash Drive I was burning data on a DVD-R multiple sessions disk when my Burner crapped out while using Nero I now have a new Burner amp when I go back into this disk I can only read data from my st session when I compare the s from Nero s disk info tool however it also shows that session is still open but I cannot read anything from sessions amp Looking around I spotted CD Recovery Tool Box Free is there anything more recent and or better that would let me try to recover the data on this disk The data in session is still on my HD but I would like to be able to recover the data in the other sessions worst DVD-R data recovery data Flash & Drive recovery possible case even just the file names would be a DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery small plus Now for the Flash Drive It is a Lexar Gig DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery amp what supposedly happened is that Peter lent it to a fellow employee so he could extract some data probably a mistake When he got it back a few minutes later amp tried to use it all he got was a message that it was corrupted As it has all of his product codes phone numbers amp personal sales data for the last year he is really desperate to try amp recover DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery the data He does not have a computer of his own so he has no backup another bad idea He has gotten a new Flash Drive a Sony Gig but I have told him that he better go out amp get a nd one to use as a backup As I know basically nothing about Flash Drives is there a program out there that maybe can recover his data Any and all help along with a few words of advice would be greatly appreciated Oh yes I have computers one running on Windows so I can run my old DOS programs amp HD so I guess that dates me amp the other on XP Pro which from what I have read may be an advantage in recovery Happy Skies Chris nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-r-data-recovery-flash-drive-data-recovery.137570/
Relevancy 66.22%

This is pretty good - free atm - normally 69.95.

Not sure how long for.

No brainer to d/l and install it.

drw5.zip

[EXCLUSIVE GIVEAWAY] Unlimited Free Licenses Of EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Worth $69.95 For Our Blog Readers | Megaleecher.Net

A:Easeus Data Recovery 5 Free - Hurry

Hi,

Very nice. Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, the mediafire.com download is corrupt, but the RapidShare download works fine: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Thanks again,

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/software/273315-easeus-data-recovery-5-free-hurry.html
Relevancy 65.79%

August 20, 2009 It's free today

Data Recovery Wizard Professional 4.3.6 will help computer users out of all data loss problems. It can do format recovery, recover deleted files emptied from the Recycle Bin, or data loss due to partition loss or damage, software crash, virus infection and other unknown reasons.

Data Recovery Wizard Professional works perfectly with hardware RAID and hard drive, USB drive, SD card, memory card, etc. It provides the comprehensive data recovery solution for computer users.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/243179-data-recovery-wizard-professional-4-3-6-free-today.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have two laptops, a ThinkPad T30 and a Latitude C840 (they are both working with XP SP2, except the T30 doesn't have a screen). I'd like to move the T30's drive into the C840, but when I do this, the C840 will hang right after the BIOS screen (incl. the XP CD's Press a key to boot off the CD if I tell it to boot from the disc drive first).

My first thought was to try Recovery Console from the XP CD. I can log into the install, and I've already tried fixmbring and fixbooting it. This doesn't help.

This leaves the option of the drivers not being right. I installed the C840 chipset drivers, nothing.

I'd really rather not go on a wild goose chase trying to figure out what'll get things up and running, so can you guys gimme a suggestion?

Thanks!
Ethan

A:Moved hard drive and cannot boot; hard drive accessable from Recovery Console

You can't simple move one drive from one machine to another because the drivers are specific to the hardware. Did you receive recovery CDs for the Latitude? If so, you could use them to "restore" it to its factory default with the new drive. This may actually be on a partition of the hard drive.
As an alternative, you could create an image of the original drive and restore it to the new one using some freeware such as DriveImage XML. To restore the image to the new drive, you'll need to boot to a bootable CD using something like UBCD4WIN and restore the image from somewhere on your network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moved-hard-drive-and-cannot-boot-hard-drive-accessable-from-recovery-console.528901/
Relevancy 61.49%

Other than TestDisk, what are some other free software downloads that
a person might try to recover data from a formatted drive? The drive was
formatted by accident.

This addresses an issue form one of my previous post but I have not
had any luck with TestDisk.

Thank you,

A:Free Drive Recovery programs for accidental drive format.

Please don't post duplicate threads. If your thread is in an inappropriate forum, please report it and a moderator will move it.

Continue the problem resolution here: http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/871411-possable-recover-formatted-drive.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-drive-recovery-programs-for-accidental-drive-format.872745/
Relevancy 61.49%

My Hard-disk Seagate 7200.11 , 500GB SATA crashed (thts wat i'd call it).... i use it as a data dump....there's no OS on it....just a lotta data....

It is not detected in the SETUP ( the blue color screen at start )

i have other 2 other sata hard disk drives in the PC.... both working fine and OS loads from them ( one has Xp and other has Vista)

tried using the 500gb in a different slot, with different p/w supply and with different sata cable also.... still doesn't detect....

tried using at externally...( with external p/w supply and sata to USB converter ) and still doesn't detect....

Its in warranty and i can get it replaced....

but....Is there any way I can get the data recovered......????

please let me know asap..... gotta take it to dealer in a few days time !!!

A:Hard Disk Data Recovery

You could try Sea Tools from Seagate, but this doesn't sound good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-data-recovery.862587/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have the same problem my backup hard drive doesnt allow my PC to boot its a SEAGATE GB Barracuda HD i use it to hold all my files i have all my Pictures and all my daughter pictures since she was born in that HD shes and half more than songs and hundreds of video on that HD and seems that all has been lost This is what i get if i plug the power cable into the HD and turn the PC on it just wont come on i installed the HD recovery. Hard disk data in other PC and it does the same Hard disk data recovery. thing as soon as i unplug the power from HD the PC turns on just fine now i tought the HD is with some power short and it prevent the Mother board to turn on so i got an extra Power Supply ATX from an older PC removed it and pinned the green and black wire from the power supply on the conector that goes to the mother board so it would turn on without being pluged into the PC at all and then plugged a small cooler fan just to make sure the power supply is working and it is but when i plug the HD it goes Dead right away so the HD is killing the Power supply it self thats why no PC can boot when this HD is plugged into to it I contacted SEAGATE and they charged me dollars to recover my data from that Piece of S T HD i m so frustated does anyone has any idea how can i fix this HD so i wont lose everything i ve saved from the past years nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Until recently data recovery hard-disk I used a GB SATA hard disk in my Dell Inspiron laptop Couple of weeks ago I had to change my hard disk and the earlier disk was taken out It was hard-disk data recovery reported hard-disk data recovery that the hard-disk had many bad portions However I need to recover the data from the hard disk as much as possible I do not know if it can be done and to be frank I am really in need of the data I took it to the market where they first tried to convert it to an external drive by putting it into a casing and further attaching usb cable into it Some new hard drive was detected but it did not come directly to the removable storage devices section However it was seen that the data was unaccessible As far as I remember the hard disk files were in FAT wheras the machine where they tested were in NTFS They gave me the impression that the files may be recovered costworthy Rs - in India but they often come in Chinese language---I am not sure if it is true My question is if it is possible to recover the data by some means I heard that there are softwares that can do it But I do not know how to do it It may happen that when I connect the hard disk to a FAT machine the files will be detected and can be accessed Can anyone please show up any way to do it ---Thank you very much in advance Kolahal nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

I have a larged data drive that failed a disk check. It stalls when starting stage two (I belive that is the verification of indexing). I have been able to back-up all of the folders except for a large folder of raw video. The PC locks up when I attempt to access/copy this folder (it appears to be part of the problem). I want to make an attempt to recover this data before reformatting the drive.

The check disk fails both at start up or if I run from the desktop both in regular and safe mode. Does anyone have tips for recoverying this data?

A:Data Recovery of data drive

You could try using a 98 boot disk and then run ntfsdos from there to access the ntfs partitions. Then try an xcopy of that file to another drive.

Another method could be to use Winrar to create a multipart archive and store it on another drive. This might chunk it up enuff.

Or boot to recovery console from the CD and then run chkdsk /r which marks any sectors that are corrupt as bad so they will not be used again, even after format. All take some time, but they are readily availalble fixes.

Alternatively, you could create an image of the drive and save that somewhere else, then run your drive manufacturers disk utility to check integrity of the disk.

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-of-data-drive.370254/
Relevancy 61.06%

Prior to doing a reinstall of my Vista OS I used Partition Magic to delete all partitions on my harddisk and then repartitioned and formatted it using the same size partitions as before, one primary and one extended. However, just as I was about to do the reinstall I realized that I had wiped out important video files.
Now I'm totally new to to the recovery game so I need to know what the best newbie-friendly tool (preferably freeware) is to accomplish this, a DOS based tool or one that works from within Windows? I say within because I have a dual-boot with XP on a second harddisk. I assume that if I used a DOS based tool I would be able to save the recovered files to the XP drive.
Thanks

A:Data recovery on reformatted hard disk

Try one of these:

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/unformat-tutorial.htm (I use this one, and it's free for four levels down,
ie C : \Dociments and Settings\ Username\ My Documents \ My Videos

Here's lots more
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads38.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-on-reformatted-hard-disk.113327/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi Folks nbsp I have an XPS which was running a fully updated version of Windows nbsp Using Dell Backup and Recovery free edition I created a Factory Backup of Recovery Media to DVD nbsp So far so good So now the hard drive failed and I ve installed its replacement nbsp I boot off the 8.1 How for Recovery Recovery after to Windows use Drive Media Hard Replacement Recovery Media How to use Recovery Media for Windows 8.1 Recovery after Hard Drive Replacement but there are NO OPTIONS to recover that actually work nbsp On the initial screen I get Troubleshoot or Turn off your PC So I choose Troubleshoot nbsp I m then presented with Refresh Reset Advanced Options and Command Prompt nbsp Refresh says the drive is locked and to unlock it first huh nbsp If I choose a quot Reset quot I m presented with a seemingly related issue quot Unable to Reset your PC A required drive partition is missing quot Why isn t there a quot Press this stupid button and we ll reinstall everything off the Recovery Media you created quot nbsp This seems totally absurd nbsp Am I losing my mind Thanks in advance

A:How to use Recovery Media for Windows 8.1 Recovery after Hard Drive Replacement

Hi Spamcop01,
I would suggest you to try booting the system with the recovery discs again so that this time it will boot using the disc. If you’re still facing the same issue the recovery disc may be corrupt. Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase and email address so that I can check and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19537766
Relevancy 60.63%

How to I get rid of the junk in my recovery drive?
I have HP and installed windows 10 about a month or so ago.
I do not have any issues with windows 10. I think this update caused my D drive to be so full

Cathy

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/64195-2-gb-recovery-drive-16-9-free.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Is there a program taht will allow for this, that is relatively cheap, or is there a way to do it without using a program?

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a client give me two dead hard drives that quit spinning up. He seems to think that the data is still intact, but either the controllers or the motors failed. One is a Seagate Barracuda 500 GB EIDE and the other is a Samsung 500 GB SATA drive. I was told that there was a power failure the occurred right before the drives failed. I attempted to bring the drives up here and verified that the EIDE drive loads down the power supply and the SATA drive is just dead.

My question is, where can I send these drives in order to have them repaired so I can move the data to other drives. My client owns a photography studio and these drives contain portraits for several of the local high schools, so he freaking out big time...please help!

Thanks,
Jon

A:Critical: Data recovery from dead hard drives

Seagate offers data recovery services, and that is who I would use for the Seagate drive. Samsung may
offer similar service, just check their website. If Samsung doesn't offer the service just do a Google search for Data Recovery Services.

Generally speaking, the drive manufacturer is most likely the facility that can best perform a full recovery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/critical-data-recovery-from-dead-hard-drives.704302/
Relevancy 60.2%

Like many other users on these boards, by X205 is refusing to boot.

My question: How can I recover the data on my hard drives, since there are two of them?

I ran a search to find all of the files I wanted (*.jpg in this case), and the search came back with hundreds of files (photos) that I am trying to recover....but it won't let me open them up.
I'm guessing since the drives are installed in series in this machine, somehow I need to find a way to read them both to access these files?

Any help is appreciated!

A:Data recovery from serially installed hard drives

Remove each HDD from the machine, connect using 2,5? SATA box to other PC as external device and you should have access to all saved data.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60185-Data-recovery-from-serially-installed-hard-drives
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all I have a from Recovery Hard Disk Corrupt Solved: Data hard disk that is actually a laptop internal hard disk Few days back i dropped my laptop from the roof and broke it There was nothing that could be recovered from Solved: Data Recovery from Corrupt Hard Disk it but this hard disk So i decided to put this hard disk in a hard disk case and use it as an external for backup purposes It was working fine and all my data that used to be in my laptop was still present A couple of days back my windows on my desktop got corrupt so i thought to first backup all my data to this laptop hard disk and then reinstall windows For that i used ubuntu live cd I copied all the data and then reinstalled windows But when i connected this disk to my computer and clicked on the partitions of this disk an error came up quot The path you specified is not present quot I guess that the disk is corrupted though my data is still there on the disk Can come one please help me to recover the data Thanks in advance PS Please excuse my english i am not a native english speaker nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,
I believe that this is a common problem and indeed one plaguing me! My data D drive is basically full and I wondered if there was any way to free some space and stop these notifications appearing. I have recently bought an external hard drive so can store things if required?

I couldn't put a screen shot directly on here (pc iliterate!) so have hopefully attached one?

Look forward to someones help!

Regards

Paul

A:Data D drive is nie on full. How can I free some space?

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum
Attache the new one to a usb slot, format it and then copy your data from D then verify that the copied data is working and delete all on D.
Or you can swap the D drive with the new one.
If you are in need for more help, just do it.
Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/231381-data-d-drive-nie-full-how-can-i-free-some-space.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok, so what happened was I formated my D Drive and made that my OS, then I restarted my computer. Everytime I turn it on it gets to the boot manager and then restarts again over and over. It never gets passed that, not even to the logon page.

Is there a way I can undo what i did (make my C Drive my OS again)?

Relevancy 59.77%

I wasn't sure Data Recovery Drive Help USB where to post USB Drive Data Recovery Help this because I'm panicing a bit Sorry guys please move if it's not in the right place So I'm in college and we have to do this really long assignment which constitutes of the final USB Drive Data Recovery Help grade I had one section of this on my USB drive but today as I was going to print it I noticed that something had changed the extension of the file making it inaccessible it was a microsoft word document I also noticed that a weird file named PERSON then a USB Drive Data Recovery Help weird square doc was on my flash drive and according to windows was last edited in USB weren't even invented then so I'm sure it's a virus which edited my file to the same extension however norton doesn't detect anything My friend recommended a recovery program which was only an eval copy but it didn't work However I did see a file which I can't seem to view in explorer named BE which was edited in I wasn't even born then I've made it so I see hidden files in explorer but I still cannot see this BE whatever it is I really need this file and by thursday which is why I'm in a panic I stupidly didn't back it up so I can't afford to lose it Is there any way to recover my file Is it a virus problem which has corrupted it for good

A:USB Drive Data Recovery Help

Anyone at all? I know it's a shot in the dark as it's probably replaced the file with itself (if it is indeed a virus) but still, It would be great if I could recover the file.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-drive-data-recovery-help-344825.html
Relevancy 59.77%

2GB Memorex usb drive not working. drive doesn't appear on computer after plugging in. Is there ANY way possible to troubleshoot these little monsters???? Can I open it? There has to be something -- I've already returned it to Memorex; the new one they sent me doesn't work either.

Any suggestions or websites I can check out.

Ki

Relevancy 59.77%

My no-name (KingStar) USB 1.1 drive "malfunctioned" and I am getting sky-high quotes for data recovery (i.e., $700.00 for recovering about 125 MB of data); does anyone know a reliable data recovery person/service with lower rates? Thanks!

A:Help: Data Recovery for USB Drive

I don't thing there is such a thing because of how hard and time consuming it came be to recover lost data like that. I didn't even know it could be done from flash memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-data-recovery-for-usb-drive.43282/
Relevancy 59.77%

I had two SATA disks in windows SP system Unfortunately my MOBO crashed and hard failed 8.1 system recovery Data from using windows two - drives now i have no PC to recover data When I took Data recovery from using windows 8.1 system - two failed hard drives my drives to the nbsp technician his windows machine identified these drives as foreign disks there was neither import nor convert options available in windows Data recovery from using windows 8.1 system - two failed hard drives disk management utility my first drive GB was a basic boot disk and the second drive TB a dynamic data disk Both has data to recover Because of the risk of data loss we did not proceed further My next option is to buy external HDD SATA enclosure and connect the disks to my laptop via USB I also have an external TB USB drive connected to my laptop as a basic disk My laptop runs windows bit I'm looking for help in these areas Once the enclosure d HDD's are connected to the laptop via USB will my system show recognise my external HDD's in the device manager My HDD 's are coming from windows SP bit system Will my bit system identify them as basic and dynamic disks respectively The drives are not encrypted What is the best option to recover transfer data from my HDD's to TB external USB drive in this setup I do have a Macrium Reflect disk utility Do i have to first import basic dynamic disks or convert Which option is safer to recover my data intact nbsp because i believe these disks are foreign to my system convert will erase the data on the disks I worry and confused about these options Or Do I need a windows or XP system for this operation Many thanks and appreciate your kind help CA

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8e100433-3a5d-4140-ad85-ad6328d4896f/data-recovery-from-using-windows-81-system-two-failed-hard-drives?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 59.34%

All the data is gone, you cant read or add to files on the seagate free agent drive. It says 83.4 GIG is in use and 65.6 GIG is free so the data is there it just wont read it.

It says it cant find, the files are there:

the error message is "Windows cannot find 'F\StartCeedo.exe. MAke sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To rearch for the file, click the start button and click search"

StartCeedo.exe
Autodetect.exe
AutoRun.exe
Install FreeAgent Tools.exe

The following folders are empty and cannot be read or added to:

Ceedo
Concent
EULA
My Documents
User Manuals
Warranty

what is wrong and how can I fix it? PLEASE HELP ME

A:I have lost all the data on my seagate free agent drive

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.j...toid=3723b5b59b7d5110VgnVCM100000f5ee0a0aRCRD
This is one suggestion off of WD. (the .exe file should be there)
The second is to download the 30 day trial copy of software. Not being real familar with this particular software or drive it's the best shot I can take. Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-have-lost-all-the-data-on-my-seagate-free-agent-drive.693549/
Relevancy 59.34%

As per my last post of slow transfer speeds from my PC to NAS Drive, I have found the NAS Drive has gone faulty, the Ethernet cable connection port has failed. I have stripped the unit down and removed the HDD, and I have a external caddy to connect the drive to, to try and recover as much data as I can. However Im led to beleive that NAS Drives are not simply data storage, they store the files in a different way, which is why I seem to have issues connecting to the HDD. When I connect the recovered HDD to the computer It wont allow me to access the disk unless I format it, Can anyone advise me how I could recover the data from this HDD

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/nas-drive-data-recovery-failed-nas-drive-4602998/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I have two hard drives(40 GB & 160GB both internal) installed in my system. Earlier I had installed windows XP on the first hard drive (40GB) and was using second hard drive as additional storage. I had partitioned my second hard drive into 5 partitions P, Q, R, S, T. Recently I reformatted my first hard drive and reinstalled windows XP. However this has also affected my second hard drive. Now Windows shows only two drives C: (my first hard drive) and D: (second hard drive) as only one partition each. Moreover it is not showing any data on the second hard drive. I want to get back my parition info and data on the second hard drive. I thought that formatting my first drive will not affect second drive and therefore didn't take back up of the second drive. What shall I do to get back my data and partition info.
Regards,
Ansh

A:How to get data from second hard drive after reformatting windows on other hard driv

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-data-from-second-hard-drive-after-reformatting-windows-on-other-hard-driv.861162/
Relevancy 59.34%

Alright so Here's my problem by the way I'm french so my english may not be perfect Yesterday while simply watching hockey streaming on Chrome my PC completely stopped Freezed totally had to restart and it did that like - more times Now to think about it maybe it's my CPU that was overheating honestly I don't know What is the regular temperature of a CPU anyway I don't know Thing is now I can only go on Recovery mode Even if I press ''Continue Exit and continue to Windows Recovery Environment'' my PC restarts itself and back at the same screen So I tried to refresh my pc but while the installation of W it just freezed again Waited mins and nothing so I restarted my pc I How recovery in up in space free mode? drive a do And now when I'm trying to refresh it again they say I have not enough free space in my drive So basically how can I free up space in recovery mode Thank you

A:How do I free up space in a drive in recovery mode?

During installation, look for the option to format (warning: this will erase everything on your PC) your main drive, where Windows is installed in the first place.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/46124-how-do-i-free-up-space-drive-recovery-mode.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Ok here is the deal. I had a new laptop that dual booted vista and linux. the vista partitioned was encrypted with bitlocker. I decide to give windows 7 a try so I repartition the drive in to one large volume, format and install windows 7. Everything worked perfectly. The problem is after about a week I realize there was some important files on the vista partition before I wiped everything out. I have found several data recovery programs the can recover files after a format, however they only show files that where on the linux partition. My guess is that the bitlocker encryption is preventing these tools from finding any of the vista files.

So the question is, Does anyone know of a application or company that can recover files from a bitlocker'ed drive after it has been formatted.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234175-data-recovery-bitlocker-drive.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a USB drive that is always giving me this message: ďThe disk is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?Ē
I didnít get it. After searching on the internet, I know that my best bet is to try a data recovery application, if I really want to get back the data inside it.
So, do you have any suggestion? It could be better, if it is a free one. I donít have extra money to pay for it this month.
Help me, please!
Thank you in advance!

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all,
I formatted my C:\ (win 7 64 bit os), bt on d way realized that my most imp data was kept hidden under C:\Users\Prashant , but couldn't help stopping the format.

Now, since the C:\ drive is formatted , I can't access C:\Users\Prashant , so is there any way to recover back my "mostttt imp data"...((

plzzzz help asap...its very important for me....:|

A:formatted c drive data recovery

Oh joy! Another one who scrubbed C!

You need to spend some time looking over a number of data and partition recovery programs for sure! That's the facts right up front! If it was simple accidental file deletion a small program like Recusa would be a fast help.

Most of the better programs are the paid for type and run upwards of $70US! Don't bother with the free to try and buy versions since those never work it seems. One better rated freeware program for accidental format of partitions you can look over would be the DiskInternals Partition Recovery program found at Data Recovery Review - secrets of DiskInternals Partition Recovery 2.5

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/235782-formatted-c-drive-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Any assistance on how to recover data off of my slave drive would be appreciated Slave drive not being recognized by the OS when I try to access via Windows Explorer When I click on D a window opens stating quot Disk in drive d is not formatted do you Data off recovery of drive slave want to format quot so I click NO I ve checked the BIOS and shows up in Disk Management Disk Management shows D Drive as Health Active but the HDD capacity and free space shows the same GB or free space File system is blank Data recovery off of slave drive This particular drive has a FAT file system Have gone to DOS prompt for D and get the following message quot The volume does not contain a recognized file system Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted quot Called a couple of Data Recovery companies and was told if they could recover any data off of the drive that it would cost between to They mentioned the probability that the volume structure could be damaged I need the data but cannot afford that kind of money Had no idea that data recovery would be so expensive If anyone has been through this and can assist please advise Thanks Logoman nbsp

A:Data recovery off of slave drive

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-off-of-slave-drive.280012/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a "Tiny" 128 mb flash drive from Extrememory.com. When I try to access the password protected drive I get a message that says "Drive Is Busy". "Close all applications & documents opened on the drive & try again"
But of course I can't as it won't let me in!
I've tried many times, restarted the p.c. with & without drive connected. Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. Checked Extremememory.co for a website. (Does not seem to have any info. on it)
I'm suspicious that i might have disconnected the drive while the L.E.D. is flashing. (not allowed according to instructions) and I presume that the software in the drive itself (is there any?) must have been corrupted. Any ideas on how I can access the data (pics) on the drive? Many Thanks.