Windows Support Forum

Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients

Q: Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients

I have an existing network with Verizon FiOS that has the router built in to the modem We have computers hooked to that network wired wireless I have a server machine that I am using to practice for my MS certification exams I have Windows Server installed It is an Active Directory domain controller with DNS and DHCP multiple routers, clients 1 with 2 server, Network I also have an old laptop with XP Pro Neither of these are on our existing network My goal Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients is to connect these machines to another router with wireless capabilities turned off and then connect this router to the existing one to provide internet access to the new machines I want the server to operate as DNS and Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients DHCP I do not want the router s to do it So the existing router FiOS has an IP of and it gives IP s to the machines connected to it This is fine but when I connect the server and XP machines to the new router I want the server to give out IP addresses not the router I also want to be able to join the XP machine to the AD Domain on the server so I can start playing with RIS and assigning permissions and all the other stuff I Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients need to learn for my exams Existing router Actiontec MI -WR New router Netgear WGR v All computers are XP Pro except for the server and one Windows Ultimate laptop Does anyone know how to do this and make everything work correctly I hope I ve given enough information Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients

You can have domain running in the home with the equipment you have posted above. I did that here myself. You need Windows client OS that supports domain. Pro series does. Server 2003 has NAT feature and can be your router using additional network card. One Card would be labeled WAN and the other would be called LAN. This can be connected to a 5/8/16/24/48-port switch or even add AP to the mix. So it would be modem to Server to external switch. Having the Server with DNS, DHCP and Active Directory active plus the NAT works great. Take some time to get it all working though. For extra SPI hardware firewall I had use one of those belkin wireless turned off wi-fi, DHCP then connected the server LAN to Belkin then back to the switch. This is optional don't have to do this just saying that's how I did it.

Or

Use a wireless router connect only server to and use external switch from the router to your other network devices. This is another way to do with on domain. Doing this way you don't need to install another Nic card in the server box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-with-2-routers-1-server-multiple-clients.145914/
Relevancy 74.39%

HI Guys im trying to get HD stuff to stream and its jerky as hell so in order to rule out the network I poor FTP on (1 - two even Network performance server, clients) dropped back to a x-over ethernet cable with the server direct to a Network - poor performance even on FTP (1 server, two clients) device I tried a laptop and a HD media player However this was still jerky So next step I put a free FTP server on the server and then tried to connect via FTP and copy over the file The best I could get was meg a second For the life of me in my simple view of things all seems good so I thought i d ask the experts for tips Please take a quick look at the specs below and see if you can see why I m only getting meg and im open to suggestions Desktop Ftp server - gt x-over- gt Laptop Ftp client meg a second Desktop Ftp server - gt homeplug bedroom - gt Laptop Ftp client meg a second Ouch So none of these are particuly good considering the direct connection with nothing in the middle The PC s specs Intel Core Duo E Ram gb Vista Home Premium Boot disks SATA xWD Raptors stripe Storage SATA x Hitachi TB disks stripe Important bit Generic Marvell Yukon E Ethernet Controller Settings below any ideas Flow control - TX RX Enabled Interrupt Moderation - Enabled IPv Checksum Rx Enabled Jumbo Packet - smallest option cant disable Large Send Offload IPv - Disabled Max IRQ per sec - Priority amp VLAN - Priority and VLAN Disabled Receive Buffers - Speed amp Duplex - Auto-Negotiation tried forcing full TCP Checksum Offload IPv - Tx amp Rx Enabled Transmit Buffers - UDP Checksum Offload IPv - Tx amp Rx Enabled The devices connect at meg but I can t see where to see if this is Full duplex or not So any ideas I m really struggling and very confused -dontkno Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Network - poor performance even on FTP (1 server, two clients)

Answered on another board. You're confusing bits and bytes here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-poor-performance-even-on-ftp-1-server-two-clients.752506/
Relevancy 71.38%

I am currently running an all wired ethernet network here in my home The cable comes into my house in the basement At this location sits the cable modem and Multiple routers same on network? my firewall router a D-Link DI- I want to add wireless to my home and have been considering getting a g connection I would like the router access point upstairs on my main floor To me the logical device to buy is an access point that is wired into my current ethernet network However all the access points AP I have seen have been more costly than a wireless router If I purchase a new wireless router can I plug it into my wired network upstairs which ultimately is plugged into my DI- downstairs If this is possible I d assume that these act as two individual Multiple routers on same network? networks Is this true Multiple routers on same network? I want to be able to share a printer and shared folders on my Windows boxes If they are indeed two networks how can my wired PCs see my wireless PCs inside the other network Can I turn Multiple routers on same network? off the firewall features of the wireless network Could anyone offer advice Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

I have two Netgear routers (N150 and DG834) and want to set them up so that in my office (external to the house) I have wired internet connection and in the house wireless, the office is too far away to run the wireless for the house there. The router in the office is connected to the ADSL line with the router in the house connected to it via a network cable.

I have disabled wireless on the office router however when i try to run both routers together I get an IP Address Conflict, I know I need to change the IP address so that they don't conflict but when I have tried this it hasn't worked and I have had to reset the router to the able to access it.

Any advice and / or solutions would be gratefully received.

A:Network Multiple Routers - IP Conflict

If you are cascading the routers (LAN port of first connected to WAN port of second) they have to use different LAN subnets. Since they both probably default to 192.168.1.x change one of them; for example, to 192.168.3.x).

If you want the office and house devices to all be on the same local network connect/configure as follows.

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-multiple-routers-ip-conflict.984628/
Relevancy 70.52%

Guyz I am having some real issue right now, after introducing a new Wireless Router for the conference the current network suddenly gone bad (Internet running slow, and won't work in some case - but if I disconnect/unplug the new Wireless Router everything is back in business)

Here is my network infrastructure.

The weird things is I got very good signal from New Wireless Router and able to ping most sites but having problem with browser won't loading the page. Also old network tense to lose it connectivity sometime able to use the net and some other time it won't and like I had mention before if I disconnect the new Wireless Router everything back to normal. The real question is, what did I do wrong please help me

A:Network trouble with multiple Routers

With that topology (wiring), I would make sure both wireless routers were
at the opposing ends of the channels; one on channel-1, the other on channel-11.

Set different SSIDs

Make sure ALL routers have the latest firmware
and ALL systems do too. It often makes a difference.

How many systems are on the downlink side of the HUB? You might find
better thruput and more reliability by using a switch.

Hey! Just noticed that the new wireless is attached to the modem-- what gives,
Don't tell me one is via rj45 and the other is USB; this doesn't work!
Move # 2 router to a lan port on router #1,
wireless#1(lan) --->wireless#2(lan) not the WAN!
make it an Access Point and disable DHCP on #2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-trouble-with-multiple-routers.73679/
Relevancy 70.09%

I am probably making this more compicated than it is, but here goes:
(picture with 1000 words) Here is what I am trying to accomplish, but I am abit confused by all the various settings, WAN, LAN, Subnet, etc...

Any help / guidance would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Network Setup w/Multiple routers

You can either configure the Netopia 2210N into bridge mode and use the WRT54G as a standard router connected to the WAN port of the Linksys, or configure the WRT54G as a WAP.

In any case, you'll want to configure the Linksys BEFW11s4 as a WAP using the following configuration. This applies to the WRT54G as well if you decide not to bridge the Netopia.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-setup-w-multiple-routers.866917/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have 3 computers in our home network. My computer is in our bedroom with Vista OS which is connected to a USRobotic router that connects to the cable modem. From the USrobotics router there is another network cable that runs down to the basement to a lynksys switch, where a computer with XP Pro is attached(hopping to change it to Linux OS and make it a server) from that switch another cable runs to the garage to a lynksys router that runs a cable to a spare bedroom connecting compact machine with XP home edtion, that has a printer, copier connected to it.
I would like to access that printer from the other 2 computers.
How do I configure the routers to do this? and maybe the switch too.
Thank
Ron

Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys First of all let me introduce myself as I am new to the forums My name is Max Paine question: one in Baffling networking routers network Multiple and I work as a network technician for a local car wash chain Baffling networking question: Multiple routers in one network I ve finally reached a point in my life where I ve come across a problem I cannot solve and need help with The car wash I work for has multiple internet devices The main internet signal comes from a Verizon DSL Baffling networking question: Multiple routers in one network router with a static IP Now I had a Linksys E running in DHCP mode attached to the primary router and it was working fine I also had a ethernet cable running up to the office on the other side of the building from the E to another E Linksys and it was serving the other side of the building They were all working just dandy until the other day when the E started losing connection and gave every internet page I tried to go to on my front office computers a DNS error Now the E is not working either and doing the same thing I ve tried calling Linksys Verizon everyone to no avail I ve tried DHCP mode and Static IP mode on all routers but nothing comes of it Basically what I m asking is how can I cascade these routers to basically chain them together and let them all have internet access Thanks nbsp

A:Baffling networking question: Multiple routers in one network

When you daisy chain routers they should have different LAN subnets. I say "should" instead of "must" because in some cases you can get away with having them the same, at least for a short while.

The Linksys routers probably both default to 192.168.1.x, so one should be changed (e.g., to 192.168.3.x). And make sure that the Verizon DSL router and Linksys E1200 are using different LAN subnets.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/baffling-networking-question-multiple-routers-in-one-network.1054441/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi Im trying to improve my home network Currently I have the modem and wireless router setup in my basement with one computer hardwired to the router and multiple laptops spread throughout the house However the laptops at the top of my house do not have good signal My house is wired with ethernet cabling throughout the house and walls to help or Routers Points Access Need with multiple network home setup What Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers I want to do is to take advantage of this wiring and setup multiple routers or AP s throughout house not sure about difference Also to even allow some laptops to connect with an ethernet cable rather than wireless I am not sure how to do this currently All the ethernet cableing Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers converge in my garage as an unfinished mess see pic I wanted to run a cable from my router to a plug in the wall which would take the signal to my garage I would then need some kind of device like a hub or switch but i am not sure what kind of device I was hoping it would then distribute the signal to the other wires and send it throuought the house I then wanted to connect another device that would like another router or AP in a another part of the house but am unsure what kind of device and how to do so If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers

With Ethernet wiring available you have some nice choices;
use wires to access remote locations
and place wireless in the room(s) needed
Likely you can just wire to each floor and the garage and then let the wireless be accessed from those locations.

The Modem==>#1Router can control all the DHCP assignments and assuming that you only need four remote locations, you can use a 4-port router. If you need more than four, you will need a Switch, eg
Code:
modem==router---switch-- four connections
|
+---- three more connections
Each port from the router is wired to an Access Point or a WiFi router (doesn't matter so use whatever you have). The trick is
disable the dhcp in each Wifi device
attached the ethernet from #1Router to any LAN slot on the WiFi (leaving its Wan slot empty)
This will place all the WiFi on the same subnet as #1 router and sharing et al works across the board

WiFi setups:
start with just one to get the setup running and then you can use that as a template to
config the others. When performing this task, ALWAYS connect a pc to the Wifi device with a cable!

a) change the SSID to something unique to you but not obviously name, address ,,, (
you could add a suffix to it to identify one from the other

b) set a unique channel on each WiFi router to reduce interferrence.
(if you're using a DSL service, then make sure all phones in the house have a new filter attached)

c) enable encryption (WPA2 or WPA in that order) and set the passphrase (can be the same for all wifi devices)

d) for heaven's sake, change the admin password and save it.
(this will disconnect your PC from the device being configure so don't be shocked)

disconnect from the Wifi device and attempt a wireless connection.
Once this works, you can repeat for each of the others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-to-setup-home-network-with-multiple-access-points-or-routers.154687/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I m new to TechSpot and I hope my problem would solve here Here s the scenario In our school we have computers - - Computer Lab computer - - Server Clients In Clients Problem clients routers with many and they are connected in x ports and x ports hub and switch respectively Then Problem with routers and many clients connected in D Link Router Computers - - Offices Computers - - Offices Computer - - Server They are connected in x switch and in x D Link router which is also connected to the Computer Lab The main connection of the internet is in the computer lab the modem router is connected to the router in the computer lab Now my problem is how does the computers in computer lab and computers in the offices meet because the teachers will get the file of their students in the computer lab by network sharing Also this is use to Administer all computers in the school by a server Thanks a lot and more power nbsp

A:Problem with routers and many clients

Please do not hijack threads.

Your post is not very clear. How many switches and hubs do you have? How many routers? How exactly are thay all connected? Maybe try again with a drawing that shows what is connected to what.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-routers-and-many-clients.100915/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have yet to get an answer to the issue that I am dealing with so hopefully someone here 2003 routers drives, Mapped server windows and Netopia network can send it to me I administer a large downtown skyscraper that was networked in a really stupid way Mapped network drives, windows 2003 server and Netopia routers There are customers with Internet access via a Netopia router to a Cisco Some of these customers connect to a Windows server for file server services To get to this file server their connection will go through this Netopia to the File server s public interface which works just fine Quick drawing Customers LAN DHCP from Netopia --- gt Netopia --- gt File server or Cisco --- gt Internet Customers map the drive via fileservername share Now the issue is when two or more workstations behind the same Netopia map a drive to the file server Once two or more are mapped the first connection that was initiated is killed In other words you cannot have concurrent connections to the file server from behind the same Netopia router This server used to be a server but I am not blaming the server in this situation For testing I connected one customer directly to the file servers second NIC Customers switch ---- gt Second NIC on file server Once I did this the customer would map the drive like private IP share This customer does not have the issue and can connect multiple workstations concurrently to the file server with no drops at all So to conclude customers mapping from behind the same Netopia cannot keep concurrent connections Customer that is directly connected to server and has bypassed the Netopia no issue Just for the sake of trying I removed the built in netbios filter on the netopias which made no diffence I hope I discribed this issue enough but if you have questions just ask nbsp

A:Mapped network drives, windows 2003 server and Netopia routers

I was wondering if you know how to direct an ip 80 and 21 port to open on a Netopia

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drives-windows-2003-server-and-netopia-routers.308726/
Relevancy 58.48%

I m looking for a little help if someone would be so kind because I m a bit out of my setup network? - real router, server boxes multiple multipe IPs, One normal depth with this I m putting together a small home network well I guess large compared to some where I have three desktops connected to my router by wireless I also have a CentOS Apache ISPConfig server box and a WinServer k IIS server One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network? box My intention is to connect both of these servers to the router in such a way that each has One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network? it s own real IP Registered domain names would then be pointed at either the IP of One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network? the Apache server or the IIS server and so the router would deliver the traffic to the appropriate box according to which IP the domain is pointed at To those ends I ve purchased a block of IP addresses from my ISP Having just called them I ve been instructed that the IP block I ve bought are my internal IP addresses and that once I ve set them up on the router in this way they should work I ve never actually done this before and my networking experience doesn t really stretch past the very basics of home networking and so I have very little idea of what kind of options I need to use to set this up on the router - there are things in there that are more advanced than I understand Could anybody please point me in the right direction nbsp

A:One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network?

Regular SOHO routers such as a linksys will not let you manage multiple static IP's. You will need an enterprise class VPN/firewall/router such as a Sonicwall to do that. I assume you want one IP for your web server, one for FTP and so on.. all pointing to different servers/nics. I would suggest a Sonicwall Pro 2040 or Pro 3060. I've seen both on ebay (used) for a reasonable price (around $300). Keep in mind these boxes go for about $1500 to $2000 and up (retail). There are other products from other vendors such as Cisco which will be significantly more. You will need a router in bridge mode (or a bridge) between your WAN connection and the Sonicwall. A regular linksys may suffice for this. There may be other solutions to this but this is one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-router-multipe-real-ips-multiple-server-boxes-setup-network.148979/
Relevancy 58.05%

i have connected a server 2003 and 14 win xp clients. the server acts as the DNS and active directory as well as it is the one that assigns IP addresses. once i join the computers to the domain i get a limted connectivity on all clients computers. they are all connected to a hub. what could be the main problem???

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
Please kindly help me in solving this problem, I can access internet on the server but not on clients. Clients are showing little or no connectivity error message. My O.S is XP. The server uses LAN 1, it receives and sends signals properly but the clients use LAN 2 and could only send but not receive signal.

Thanks

Yinka

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-is-browsing-but-clients-do-not.759365/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, I am in the IT dept in my company, and I am having trouble figuring out how to fix a printer issue. One of our locations recently had their Ricoh printer swapped out for a newer Ricoh, and now nobody can print to it. If they try to print from an application, it will crash the application, and a test print will fail as well. I am however able to print a test page from the server that the printer is shared from.
I have tried the following so far:
- Removing the printer from a client PC and adding it again
- Manually removing the print driver and reinstalling it
- Reinstalling the drivers on the server using an updated Universal Print driver from Ricoh's website

Thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone has.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/380327-can-print-server-but-not-clients.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I have a small office network with about clients the server clients and Disappearing server is running Win K XP clients It has been running great for about a year Tonight I tried to add a VPN server role I keep asking myself why I wanted to do that So I shut down the Windows Firewall ICS service and started up the VPN role Never even tried to use it Then I found that my network was running slowly but still works including running applications from the clients that are located on the Disappearing server and clients server But when I try to browse to the server from any of the clients the server does not show up when I browse through Microsoft Windows Network to the domain But all the other clients are there When I go to the server and try to browse the same way none of the clients show up Well that s weird so I removed the VPN server role and restarted Firewall ICS service rebooted the server I can ping using IP addresses both ways I can even use the server to control the clients with remote desktop connection But still they don t show up in explorer Clients are still using the server as DHCP server and domain controller But things are noticeably slower and I can t browse to it Any ideas Thanks to all in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disappearing-server-and-clients.904123/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

A friend has NT4.0 server loaded and wanted to replace his desktops with thin clients but i believe it requires TS edition. He doesnt want to upgrafe t0 2000/2003 server as yet and wonders if there is any kind of patch / software that can be used to enable thin clients be used with NT 4.0 ( not TS edition) only ?

Thanks
S

A:NT 4.0 Server- can it be used for thin clients ?

I would say no, not without TS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-4-0-server-can-it-be-used-for-thin-clients.299013/
Relevancy 58.05%

I need help quickly as the T is going in this week and I need to order hardware Here is the situation I have a client who owns a two story office building There are several tenants leasing out small suites in the building Unfortunately all DSL circuits for the building have been maxed out and there is no cable internet available They are having trouble leasing suites without internet access So we are bringing in a T for now upgrading later I have already wired the suites back to a closet where the T router will be installed These are my goals URGENT! Distributing multiple clients to T1 All suites will have internet access There are for now Provide bandwidth throttling per port or QOS Isolate suites from each other Using VLAN s No routing between VLAN s only routing to the internet No hardware to be installed in the suites The suites are wired up Having the ability to remotely manage the equipment web based management Having the ability to provide a user with a public ip address if needed not critical Not buying a switch The T router is a cisco model and will be providing a public address I m sure I will need to have another firewall router and a switch Are there any opinions as to what hardware I should use and how to go about doing this Has anyone done something like this before Thanks for the help in advance nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I have several server client clusters where all the clients and Multiple clients BSOD to starting servers are on the exact same hardware All clients are P XP Pro machines that can not get updates from Microsoft unless I tell them to and are on private networks We have Multiple clients starting to BSOD been stable for months on the same exact hardware until the last week or so We have had various Multiple clients starting to BSOD internal software upgrades that I think might be the causing this but this is where I wanted your opinion I can tell mrxsmb Multiple clients starting to BSOD sys comes up repeatedly but not sure if it is the cause or a by product In the zip file there are three servers each with multiple clients I have attached the files per client that the issue happened on The client on Server very well could be a RAM issue since we have already replaced it once but it has been an on going issue where the other two servers just started happening all in the same week Aside from this do you have any recommendations on how to further learn to read these files Thanks for your time KC nbsp

A:Multiple clients starting to BSOD

Hmmm no one has any advice? I knew when I was stumped it was hard but I know you all are a lot smarter than myself!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-clients-starting-to-bsod.80608/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have DC running SBS Windows Server and client computers Yesterday Windows client computers and XP clients computers lose their connection with Server -Windows connection Clients with lose Server could not log on when Clients lose connection with Server prompt to enter user name and password Domain password you supply is not correct or access to your logon server has been denied -Windows XP Log on OK at local computer but when it try to access the map drive on Server Server lt share folder is not accessible you might not have permission to use net share resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions Network path was not found The only way that I seem to be able to get around it is by uninstall and reinstall WINS server this fix the problem all and XP machine work as normal But it works for about hours and problem come back again I have to do the same thing again and again to fix the problem when it comes back The weird thing is WinXP was effected by WINS too I did scanned for virus No error in event viewer DHCP DNS and WINS is install on the same Server and function all client could ping Server OK I can browse all client PC from Server Any idea Would you please helping me to fix this problem Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clients-lose-connection-with-server.169327/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, I hope this is the right forum to post this to. I need to know if you can set power schemes from a Windows 2000 server to connected computers? I want to set a computer so that no matter who logs on, the computer will always be on and not hibernate. I know you can do this with Windows Server 2003 but haven't been able to find anything for Windows Server 2000. Thank you - TechGirlAZ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/set-power-scheme-from-server-to-clients.361426/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all,
I've a problem do not understand, and help me to solve: 
1. Clients (Windows 7 Pro SP1) can't ping/connect to server (Windows Server 2003 SP1 x64bit) but server can ping/connect to client
- Firewall turn off Server and Client
- Note: Clients (Windows 7 XP SP1) can ping/connect to server (Windows Server 2003 SP1 x64bit) but server can ping/connect to client
- If I setup the new clients (Windows 7 XP SP1) and join domain that difficult and appear error
- I added a host (A) in DNS server but the client does not ping... (- Request timedout)
System info:
DC AD
IP Address: 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Geteway: 192.168.1.10
DHCP Server: 192.167.1.4
DNS Server: 192.168.1.4
2. Error info
Sources: DNS - Event ID: 4007 
Sources: DNS - Event ID: 4015
Sources: NetBT - Event ID: 4321
Sources: dhcpServer - Event ID: 1059

A:[HELP] Clients can't ping/connect to server but server can ping/connect to clients

Hi,

The security programs may affect the connection between windows 7 and DNS server.
I would suggest you to disable all the security programs and firewall to check the issue.

Also, check if the clients can ping each other successfully.

Test it
in
Clean Boot and
Safe Mode and check if there are conflicts.

Regarding the error information, you may refer to the following articles.
Event ID 1059 ? DHCP Server Active Directory Availability
"Duplicate Name Exists" Error Message When You Start a Windows XP Workstation
Event ID:4321
Windows Server 2008:
Troubleshoot Event ID 4015 ? DNS Server Active Directory IntegrationTracy Cai
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9fd0d226-cdd7-4625-b030-b1c3f9a0d03e/help-clients-cant-pingconnect-to-server-but-server-can-pingconnect-to-clients?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 57.62%

So I was up until three a m last night trying to figure out why my DHCP server keeps dropping my computers and losing connectivity to the web every - minutes And I am friggin stumped I am running Windows Server - legit version - and I am pretty sure I have all my DHCP scope settings correct I have remade the same scope different times tying up any loose ends and I still get the same result I am running a single fiber NIC that dumps out to my switches through a dual NIC where it meets with a port gigabit Netgear switch Then the switch goes to two routers for wireless connectivity My machine and all the other desktops laptops drop even when nothing is happening Their IP leases aren DHCP Server Clients Dropping t lost and the server swears they are connected So basically I m screwed because I can t come up with any more answers Please help if you can I would greatly appreciate DHCP Server Dropping Clients anything nbsp

A:DHCP Server Dropping Clients

Its not DHCP. If you could provide more info
Do the clients still have LAN connectivity when the internet drops?
Is there anything in the event log
Can you still get to the internet from the service
Is the server the gateway or running RRAS/ISA
Plus the standard battery of tests.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dhcp-server-dropping-clients.745060/
Relevancy 57.62%

Server Spec Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P A-D -B P CPU Intel Core i GHz Memory G Skill GB DDR MHz RipjawsX Power Corsair HX to Server 8 clients 10GbE 1GbE i SATA Card SYBA SI-PEX Storage GB Kingston SSD Boot Drive x 10GbE Server to 8 1GbE clients TB WD Red NASware No RAID Case Antec Nineteen Hundred OS Windows Server R I own a small production company which have a total of staff members We are planning to move to a new office and I have been building a storage server for the team to store all project files We handle uncompressed K video files so a second clip is around GB I want to upgrade to GbE networking on the server side and provide each client computer with the full GbE bandwidth Is this possible without having to purchase GbE cards for all client computers Do you think GbE is enough for the client computers or should each computer be upgraded to GbE What performance benefits would each machine receive in terms of read and writes from WD Red HDDs The drives themselves have a sequential read speed of MB s and write speeds of MB s I was thinking of purchasing the Intel X -T NIC for the server Do you think it s a good choice it s really cheap on Amazon http www amazon co uk Generic-X -T -PCI-Express-Ethernet-Converged dp B W VHIS ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords X T I want to wire everything up with our existing Cat A F FTP cables Also is an i with GB DDR enough for what I am wanting to do with the server Does memory speed matter much nbsp

A:10GbE Server to 8 1GbE clients

All 10 Gig switches are backwards compatible with 1 Gig. If you get a 10GbaseT switch, those can down clock to 100 Mbit.

What's the purpose of the server? Is it to just store the video files or are the client computers actually connecting to the server's storage to do processing work? If the clients are just storing files on it, how often are simultaneous writes happening on the server? When is data read off of the server? Is the server the primary place to store all the video files? Are you backing up these files? Is time of the utmost criticality where it turns into significant monetary losses?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/10gbe-server-to-8-1gbe-clients.1162718/
Relevancy 57.19%

Help! I'm looking for a network tool to monitor network users, sort of an MRTG, that will graph bandwidth use (packets in, packets out) for each client machine. However, I also want to see where the packets are coming and going. The tool I'm looking for should allow me to retrieve the logs or graphs remotely.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

A:Network Monitoring Tool to view how clients use the network

try Ethereal
http://www.ethereal.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-monitoring-tool-to-view-how-clients-use-the-network.30401/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I have 7 thin clients working on a Pentium 486 server. Needless to say its inefficient in the extreme.

What is the minimum config. server i need to setup to have these work optimally ?

Thanks
Swati

Relevancy 56.76%

I want to control all clients systems through server computer. Pl help me. I want all clients to connect through proxy and they must not access internet without putting proxy address and i also want some sites to be blocked on clients systems.all clients and any outside laptop can access only allowed websites.plz help me.

A:How to control clients systems on networking through server on lan

"I want all clients to connect through proxy" - You'll need to set up a proxy server. There's many solutions out there.

"they must not access internet without putting proxy address" - Once the proxy server is set up, you'll need to configure their web browsers to go via the proxy. Users would not know what the proxy address is.

"i also want some sites to be blocked on clients systems" - You might want your firewall to do some blocking.

Think this is more of a project than a support request.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-control-clients-systems-on-networking-through-server-on-lan.1102212/
Relevancy 56.76%

I'd like to get some thoughts from anyone who has implemented XMPP for Windows server, with client software for a LAN. Ideally free software (even for small business use) but pay software is ok if that's what you've got experience with. In short, some of our employees are looking for a secure internal chat program (no AIM, IRC, etc), I'm familiar with IRC already but have no experience with XMPP.

A:XMPP Server and Clients for small business

Openfire and Spark? There are lots of free/open source XMPP clients and servers out there so it's really a matter of what features you need.

https://hardforum.com/threads/xmpp-server-and-clients-for-small-business.1880846/
Relevancy 56.76%

Clients are being set up to use VPN when offsite should it work in the same way when they are onsite?

A:Should VPN work when Clients are attached to same router as Server?

BillBald said:

Clients are being set up to use VPN when offsite should it work in the same way when they are onsite?Click to expand...
If your firewall is not set up to block VPN traffic outward bound then it should, but why would you want to if they are onsite.

???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-vpn-work-when-clients-are-attached-to-same-router-as-server.639174/
Relevancy 56.76%

Company just installed a SBS Server and all new Windows Pro Client PC's I have an older Windows Accounting sytem that I must support on nbsp the new system It uses Dos based printing to print to local print ports I thought all I would need to do is use nbsp NET USE nbsp command to redirect local printer ports to network shared Printers and be done Clients DOS Printing. Server, Windows 7 SBS2011 In this case I have been able to successfully use nbsp NET USE nbsp command to forward ports but print DOS Printing. SBS2011 Server, Windows 7 Clients jobs never leave Local Client Print Queue Job left in local queue with print error I have used several Printer driver combos down to one of the simplest Print Drivers HP Laserjet III I was able to successfully use NET USE command on a local Win workstation to redirect the LPT Ports to local shares with USB Printers attached but when I try it accross the network from Win Client to print share on another Win PC or SBS Server print jobs do not leave local queue Is there a Default Group Policy setting firewall rules to block Printer Port forwarding I know it should work but there is something I am missing

A:DOS Printing. SBS2011 Server, Windows 7 Clients

cesedgwick wrote:

Company just installed a SBS 2011 Server and all new Windows 7 Pro
Client PC's. I have an older Windows Accounting sytem that I must
support on the new system. It uses Dos based printing to print to
local print ports. I thought all I would need to do is use NET
USE command to redirect local printer ports to network shared
Printers and be done. In this case I have been able to successfully
use NET USE command to forward ports but print jobs never leave Local
Client Print Queue. Job left in local queue with print error. I have
used several Printer/driver combos, down to one of the simplest Print
Drivers HP Laserjet III. I was able to successfully use NET USE
command on a local Win 7 workstation to redirect the LPT Ports to
local shares with USB Printers attached but when I try it accross the
network from Win 7 Client to print share on another Win 7 PC or SBS
2011 Server print jobs do not leave local queue? Is there a Default
Group Policy setting firewall rules to block Printer Port forwarding?
I know it should work but there is something I am missing?

What Win7 do you have - is it 64-bit or 32-bit?. If it is 64-bit your
application maybe uses some 16-bit utility to print, which only works
on 32-bit Windows. I till now had no issues with net use to networked
printers for DOS type printing. It works without issues on 32-bit and
64-bit Win7.
To test if your printer redirection works use the PRINT command from a
cmd-prompt. Just create a small text file with notepad (e.g.
C:\test.txt) and print it via
PRINT /D:lptx: C:\test.txt if your printer redirection goes to lptx:
That should print your file on the redirected printer.
If that works it is a problem of your application. If that does not
work, what error messages do you get?
Wolfgang

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/808cb669-cc7d-4ce0-bc79-e0635d1ff0db/dos-printing-sbs2011-server-windows-7-clients?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, can someone point me towards a good guide that will help me setup my office's wired network with one main server through which all the traffic goes while filtering everything I have blocked?

Also, I have a 5 port hub, can I work with it or do I need a bigger switch?

I only have 5 PCs in my office.

A:How to setup a server and clients using wired connections?

You would be way ahead to invest in a good 8 or 16 port switch which supports Jumbo Frames. I presume you would want internet connectivity as well in which case you should invest in the best router your budget can afford and that too should support Jumbo Frames. I assume that you have a windows based server so the question there is what kind of hardware powers the server?

This actual configuration of a small office connection wise is fairly simple, All computers and the router attached to a good quality switch should serve you well. If there will be a lot of traffic run through your server and your hardware supports has or support two NIC's then it would be a good idea to Team a Pair together which would provide failover ability. Should work well as long as you have the hardware to support it. You get what you pay for!

In order to use Jumbo Frames in your network keep in mind that all connections must support it or it will not work.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36748-how-setup-server-clients-using-wired-connections.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hi there..

I'm handling a win2k advanced server as a firewall in my department. Before this, we're using linux RH9 and in linux, i can even view current activities of all clients within the network using ETHERAPE programme. Is win2k server provides any similar facilities??

Thanks in advanced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitoring-clients-activities-in-win2k-server.271422/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I use IMAP for my mail accounts to have on all my machines the same mails.
But the disturbing problem with this is that it seems that each mail client uses different folder names fo the same function ...

So I use the webmailer (to see all),
MS Outlook (German),
Thunderbird (English)
Sent mails: sent, Gesendete Nachrichten
Junk mails: Junk, Junk-E-Mails
Deleted mails trash, Gel?schte Nachrichten

Is there a way to tell them to use the same folders?

Also I?m wondering is it not possible in IMAP to have a folder hold mails and subfolders?

A:Multiple mail clients creating different IMAP folders

Hi guys I found a way to sign:
1) the "Outlook 'Sent Mails'" folder --to--> the 'Sent' folder of the Server
2) the "Outlook 'Deleted Mails'" folder --to--> the 'Trash' folder of the Server

But still missing this feature for:
Junk Mail and the Draft/Templates folder, is there a Way?

Another problem is that I connect TLS to my mail servers.
Outlook is always (at start up and when I try to send a mail at first time in a session) asking if I trust the Certificate. I do so, and tried to install the certificate but it seems not working ?
Is there a trick or a special folder I have to install the cert to?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/216953-multiple-mail-clients-creating-different-imap-folders.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi Everyone I am running a Domain from a Windows R Server At the moment Windows Updates are not working Windows (error update Clients on 80072efd) Can't Server or on the Server or Can't update Windows on Server or Clients (error 80072efd) the corresponding clients On the Server I see the following error message - Notice above that the quot Most recent check for updates quot is listed as never as is the quot Updates were installed quot I don't honestly believe that updates have never worked on the Server despite what is shown above From one of my Windows client computers I see the following - Notice in this instance that the quot Most recent check for updates quot is listed as the and quot Updates were installed quot is listed as I tried the quot Answer quot shown in this link - Windows Update Error efd After resetting the Proxy settings on the Server I saw the following - Furthermore I have tweaked various Group Policy settings related to updates and there has been no improvement There is no rd party Firewall on either my Server or the Clients so there is nothing to configure on this front Finally when setting up new clients they are able to install updates on my network whilst they are not Domain members However as soon as the new client becomes a Domain member it gets the infamous Error efd message Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo

A:Can't update Windows on Server or Clients (error 80072efd)

The 2efd error is often related to connection problems - check the firewalls, and any GPOs related to Windows Updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/296573-cant-update-windows-server-clients-error-80072efd.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Heya. I have barely any experience hosting game servers; the last time I did it was many years ago.
I'm wondering whether it's possible to host a game server (e.g. Counter Strike Source, or The Hidden) with a GNU/Linux operating system (probably Ubuntu) and have Windows-based clients connect to the server to play online.
I tried researching the issue but it seems this is not a popular question. Search results seem to indicate that it's perfectly doable, but reliable confirmation would be sincerely appreciated. Thank you in advance.

A:Host Game Server on GNU/Linux for Windows Clients

As long as the game can support both OSes, it should be fine as the data between computer is the same.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-game-server-on-gnu-linux-for-windows-clients.1091025/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all,Upon searchng the startup list on this website I found the following entry.Clients Server Runtime Process csrss.exe X Added by the W32/Sdbot-CPF worm and IRC backdoor. The process is running on my Vista machine. I ran Malwarebytes and Superantispyware but the process continues to run. Does this mean that the computer is infected? And if so, how do I clean it out? Besides this process there are about 90 others running at the same time. Thanks for the time.

A:Clients Server Runtime Process csrss.exe Possible Infection

If you still have those logs from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware can you post them?If not then perform the following scans with updated databases of each of the following and run full scans:Download the following:Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331467/clients-server-runtime-process-csrssexe-possible-infection/
Relevancy 56.33%

hi

What do you think, is it a good idea, to use Microsoft Security Essentials on production server and clients at the company?

A:Use Microsoft Security Essentials on productive server and clients

Because it never causes BSOD's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/321379-use-microsoft-security-essentials-productive-server-clients.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Is there a way to enter multiple clients for the same company without entering each one from scratch, but each record will appear as an individual record?

Thanks.

A:Solved: Outlook 2000 - Entering Multiple Clients for same Company

I found the answer. In Outlook 2000 under "Actions" select "New Contact for Same Company", this will bring up a new contact ready for entry with the company's address and telephone number already loaded. Full name, job title, email, and home and mobile phone fields are blank.

Thanks. please close this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2000-entering-multiple-clients-for-same-company.360714/
Relevancy 55.9%

I support a network consisting of a Windows domain running off a Windows domain controller file server print server where most of the clients are running Windows XP balance are Mac OS X machines I ve been experimenting lately with Windows Professional but am finding that any time I add a printer in Windows and connect to one of the shared printers hosted on the Server machine all other clients are unable to use the printer The blocking happens gradulally when the printer is first Killing 2003 Shared Windows Server 7 Printers Clients installed the XP users will occasionally get an error when printing complains that drivers aren t installed for the printer but will usually be able to print If after setting up that printer I actually print a page from the Win machine that will ultimately block them completely They ll get the missing drivers error any time they try to print or try to open the Properties window for that printer The printers in question are Kyocera Mita multi-purpose machines all drivers are installed on the server and this has worked well with all other client machines The network is new within the last four years with Cat cabling and gigabit ethernet copper switches in between The server is a Dell PowerEdge server running Windows Server R SP with all updates applied I m hoping this is something Windows 7 Clients Killing Server 2003 Shared Printers that someone has seen before For now I ve built a workaround by setting up another shared printer on the server specifically for the Windows machine so far so good But since I m only testing with one Windows machine I m not sure whether I ll have the same issue with Windows 7 Clients Killing Server 2003 Shared Printers multiple Win machines trying to share a single printer on the server Thanks for any tips or ideas you might be willing to share

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366967/windows-7-clients-killing-server-2003-shared-printers/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Win K single controller Domain onto logging Server with Win9x Clients Win2K a Problem domain where user logons at any Win SE client machine fail where a password is required with the message Microsoft Networking The Domain password you supplied is not Problem with logging Win9x Clients onto a Win2K Server Domain correct or access to your login server has been denied This includes the Administrator user However a same usernames set with no password can log on without problems is recognised by the Problem with logging Win9x Clients onto a Win2K Server Domain domain as a logged on user amp has full functionality I suspect that it is a relatively simple settings problem but after a fair amount of experimentation and searching through Help and on the Internet I still can t work out what s wrong Additional information i I can log the user names onto the Domain Controller the only Win k machine currently on the network using the designated password so the problem isn t a simple password error ii A number of machines have the Win x DSClient installed This allows limited enquiry on Active Directory using a Find People facility This also fails giving the message FIND PEOPLE The specified Directory Service has denied access Check the properties of this Directory Service and verify that the Authentication type settings amp parameters are correct What s not clear on what directory service is being referred to presumably it is one on the Win K domain controller iii When I first promoted the Win k Server to be a Domain Controller I didn t experience this problem Since then I have demoted and re-promoted it twice for various reasons not least to eliminate some documented problems associated with applying the basicdc inf security template In the first and last of these promotions I specified backward NT DC compatibility whilst in the middle one I specified no such compatibility I think the current promoted DC is set for mixed mode as opposed to native mode operation iv I have found a number of articles on the Internet documenting how Win x clients should be set up for logon to a Win k domain in particular the need to set the Win x Workgroup name to be the downlevel Domain name of the domain being logged onto As far as I can see everything is set up as it should be Can anyone make any suggestions of what might be wrong or what else I could try nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-logging-win9x-clients-onto-a-win2k-server-domain.134179/
Relevancy 55.9%

We have x Server R domain controllers and Windows x clients We have a print server which runs Server R We have several other servers which also run Server R An issue 7 intermittently host to Windows clients resolve unable name of server occurs intermittently and apparently at random whereby a Windows 7 clients intermittently unable to resolve host name of server client will be unable to resolve the host computer name of the print server When the issue occurs we have confirmed the following - The client has a valid IP address - The client s DNS server addresses are correct - The client can ping the IP address of the print server - The client can resolve the IP address of the print server by using nslookup and the server s FQDN - The client cannot resolve the IP address of the print server by using nslookup and the host computer name of the print server - The issue can occur regardless of which domain Windows 7 clients intermittently unable to resolve host name of server controller the client used to log on - When the output of ipconfig displaydns is printed to a text file many of the other servers in our domain are present in the DNS cache but the print server is not - After the ipconfig flushdns command is executed the client can resolve the host computer name of the print server immediately If anyone has any thoughts on the cause of this issue and how to resolve it I would be very grateful

A:Windows 7 clients intermittently unable to resolve host name of server

Hi Squelchy,

How many computers are having this issue? From your statement below, I see one.

Quote:
whereby a client will be unable to resolve the host/computer name of the print server.

Have you tried updating the NIC's driver?

What if you are logged on as a different User from that PC, are you able to replicate the issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/215244-windows-7-clients-intermittently-unable-resolve-host-name-server.html
Relevancy 55.04%

The service packs (SP1 for 7 and SP2 for Vista) have been approved for install. Clients just don't detect that SPs being available on the server.

I ran WSUS Detection tool from Microsoft and it said 'passed' and clients are able to contact WSUS Server.

Help?

A:Windows 7 and Vista clients don't update Service pack from WSUS Server

Are they picking other updates up still?
IIRC, WSUS only downloads a minimal SP - so that the clients have to be fully updated before they will see the SP offered (but I could be wrong - it's been a while)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/211393-windows-7-vista-clients-dont-update-service-pack-wsus-server.html
Relevancy 54.61%

i need some help with my network it just to all work fine but i cant remember how i had it configured before this is what i got in the basement i have a speedtouch x adsl moden router wich is conected by ethernet cable to a sweex lw n multiple routers wireless router on the first floor from there i have an ethernet cable running to the nd floor on the otherside of the multiple routers house to a linksys wrt g wireless router wich hooks up to my pc and xbox and wirelessly to my brothers laptop in the next room i now have the sweex dhcp disabled and the cable coming up pluged directly into my pc this works i can plug my xbox into my other multiple routers port and this also works but it complains about the nat type being stikt i tried forwarding the ports needed on the speedtouch and enabeling the unp in all diferent combos but it made no difference when i hook up the linksys and then plug the pc and xbox into that i cant connect to the internet can anyone please tell me what to do thanks a lot nbsp

A:multiple routers

You have two secondary routers ...

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers.854585/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have recently begun to buld my own PCwhich I'm proud of but my question is.
When I have finished it is going to go in my room upstairs.
Would it be possible to attach a router to the new PC upstairs and connect to the other
router(Main) downstairs?

Its just I want to keep speed up and reduce on wiring the routers are wireless.

A:Multiple Routers

It depends on the routers. Most routers only work in infrastructure mode, but some can be configured as a wireless bridge. What are the exact make/models of the routers in question?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers.712212/
Relevancy 54.61%

ok well this is going to sound crazy but here we go i have a ubee cable modem router model number u10c037 out of that i'm going to two linksys wrt54g's to split to all the rooms in my house then in two of the rooms i have linksys befsr41's and finaly in one room i have a net gear wgr614v10 now it works sorta but i keep having to reset them every now and again right now i'm useing all of the down stream routers as switches what i'm asking is why do i have to keep resetting the system and what can i do to keep it from happening if anyone can help me in great detail i would be very happy i think its an ip address problem but not sure

A:Multiple routers 6

Starting from the modem;
isp = = modem --->(WAN port)ROUTER#1​then to have ALL systems on one network, daisy chain from R#1 to the next but
ONLY connect (LAN)-->(LAN) between all the others. Router#1 will now control
al DHCP assignments - - even for any WiFi router in the chain.

This requires that ONLY R#1 have an active DHCP, so each of the others need
to be set to disable DHCP.

1) One-by-one, connect Router#x via wire to a system, use your browser to access the
router default address, login using the user/password for that router, and DISABLE DHCP.

2) Many routers come preconfigured for lan address 192.168.x.1 where x is 0,1, or 2

Every network can never have duplicate IP address and if allowed, will case network failures.

As you disable the DHCP, also set a new default LAN address 10.0.x.1
where X is 1,2,3,... N and use a new X for each one you've fixed.
Thus, if ever they are wired R1(lan)--(wan)R2---(wan)R3---(wan)R4)
the addresses would be 10.0.1.1-->10.0.2.1-->10.0.3.1-->10.0.4.1
(but you don't want that for routing table reasons)

3) also change the default password for each router.
If your system login password is abcdefg,
you might set the primary router#1 password to abcdefg#1
router#2 to abcdefg#2 and so on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-routers-6.177545/
Relevancy 54.61%

Usually the home user has little need for two or more routers To get more connectivity one only needs to add multiple Tip: routers using a switch hub switch is preferred to the existing router and more slots become available for more systems The typical case for the home user to add a router is expanding a wired LAN and adding wireless connectivity at the same time The issue will be the configurability of both Tip: using multiple routers routers The setup will look like Code modem -- routerA ---- routerB ---b-systems ------ a-systems Which router is existing vs new really doesn t matter other than getting the configuration correct If I had my choice however the B-router would be my new wireless router for security reasons later described A wireless Access Point would also fit nicely in the router-B location CONFIGURATION Both routers will need to be configured likely hardwired at first to one of your systems You will need to access your router s configuration page which is brand-name dependent Netgear D-Link Linksys Belkin Once you ve logged into the router Tip: using multiple routers be sure to set a new admin password TWO Tip: using multiple routers parameters will determine success failure of the configuration the router s ip-address and the subnet mask of course you need the other stuff too but these determine the data flow The typical problem that can arise is the inability to set the subnet mask to a value that will work -- some vendors get parochial and force some assumption that cause problems sorry no I don t have a list Here s what needs to be created Router-A ip-address must be higher numerically than router-B eg X versus Y where X gt Y Secondly the subnet mask for router-A must allow traffic to flow down to router-B A typical subnet mask for home users would be but this would allow traffic ONLY for the router-A where the b X b value was an exact match thus dropping traffic for router-B What we need is a subnet mask more like your X value will then be thru Your vendor may not let you set a value like in the third position or if it does it might get reset when you save the configuration edit If this occurs to you you can try an alternative class-b addresses like X vs Y These addresses require a different subnet mask and the parochial rules need to be dropped -- give it try at least You also might try swapping the devices and trying the steps above again If that doesn t work either you re just SOL -- S out of luck punt and return the last device purchased Each router can still auto config its devices using DHCP Be sure to save the configuration AND restart the router Router-B needs only to meet the rule where X gt Y and may use the typical subnet mask With at least one system hardwired to each router you should now be able to a ping your ISP from all systems b ping from a-system to b-system and conversely when this works correctly the routers are ready for general use and the wireless setup can be configured for channel ssid and wap wep encryption Security Whichever router has the wireless enabled should be considered your untrusted subnet and have the firewalls configured to not allow print file sharing You can implement this on each system s firewall OR use that router s port forwarding feature to protect all system just forward ports to a non-existing system If you really need print file sharing then by all means force your devices to known IP addresses by mapping the MAC addresses of the NIC adaptor and keep a consecutive ip address set for your systems allow print file sharing ONLY for this narrow range of address in your firewalls In this case obviously you can t use the port forwarding trick above In addition your wireless router will have an SSID and allow WAP WEP encryption features You really should implement WAP or at least WEP nbsp

A:Tip: using multiple routers

how to setup wireless router to wireless router
please give me some help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tip-using-multiple-routers.67726/
Relevancy 54.61%

i am running a home network that works great with no issues except one my computer cant find the others on my network as well as vise versa we have computers in my house the main one is in the middle with the dsl and the main netgear wireless n router wnr b v the internet goes from the dsl into the net gear router then the computer connects off routers multiple of that via Ethernet now i have my computer and its wired as well since i needed some extra ports i used multiple routers another belkin wireless n router i can access both routers via the internet but it shows only under the netgear router page that the main computer and my router r connected as well as the other comp now since it doesnt show me as one of the connections off of the multiple routers router i cant see the other people in my network is there a way to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Does anyone know of a router that can have more than 1 DMZ?? It will be for a small business, so the less complicated the better! Thanks! Alan

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

My landlord has a router, on the 192.168.1.xxx range, ports are forwarded to .1.13(WAN side of my router upstairs), then from there to .2.155 (dumb AP) and THEN to the server .2.31

Yet, I cannot VNC in on 5800 or 5900. I can within the network, not a problem!

Anyone got an idea what's going on here?

A:VNC through multiple routers

hum; cascading routers do create problems when port forwarding is required.

you need each router to port forward to the address of the next router and
the last one forwards to your system for the VNC client.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vnc-through-multiple-routers.105058/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello again,

My brother is trying to run a counter-strike server from his computer. The thing is that he is through a second router. We have a base router, then that is connected to his router, then his computer is connected to that. I've tried just opening the proper ports on both routers but this does not work. I turned off firewall on the second router as well, and still nothing. No one can connect to his server. Please help.

Thank you,
Sam

A:Trying to run a server with 2 routers

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-run-a-server-with-2-routers.631320/
Relevancy 53.75%

OK hopefully I explain this well I have a two story house and recently switched to DSL from cable I went out and bought a new wireless router router and had them install it downstairs No problems Upstairs I have a play test server I use for programming and other data fun I don t have ethernet running from the router Router has the same name and WEP password so connecting everything was simple I was wondering if there was a way to connect the server through one of the following ways I have an 1 server routers, 2 old xbox wireless router that I used to connect my xbox to This worked fine and has 2 routers, 1 server the same configuration as router router My old wireless router router isn t in use and 2 routers, 1 server I wasn t sure if there was a way for me to 2 routers, 1 server use that if doesn t work FYI router Buffalo WZR-HP-G NHrouter Belkin fsd xbox wireless access point mn Historically I ve never had an issue hooking in the mn to a computer to utilize my wireless Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone here is my idea I would like to connect routers to switch hub where server computer and client computers will connect to the switch hub ROUTER A ROUTER B ROUTER C GATEWAY ROUTER ROUTER DHCP enabled DHCP disabled DHCP disabled Help! multiple routers... Connecting SERVER COMPUTER PC PC IP ADDRESS - DEFAULT GATEWAY ROUTER - Connecting multiple routers... Help! SUBNET MASK - PC PC PC PC IP ADDRESS - DEFAULT GATEWAY ROUTER - SUBNET MASK - PC PC PC PC IP ADDRESS - DEFAULT GATEWAY ROUTER - SUBNET MASK - All of this will connect to the switch hub I hope it is not confusing cause I m a bit confused myself I need help on whether this setup will work I want the server computer to see all computers and will be able to access them I am also confused about the DNS server address what should I address to each router In case you were wondering why didn t I get a fat pipe and connect all the computers to it instead I took pipes and grouped the computers into routers Hmmm well I guess it looks fun to do it I would like to here from you guys gals before I even start this project I am open for questions suggestions and even criticisms Thanks in advance guys I am looking forward for your feedback nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all,

I am trying to connect together two identical Netgear wireless routers (WGT624 v3) to extend my network. This is what I have so far...

A Virgin Media modem connected to Wireless Router 1. Also wired to the router is my Main PC. This router is currently configured to enable wireless access. From this I have installed a cat5 cable to wireless router 2 which is downstairs.

To this router I would like to connect an XBox, a Wii and another PC. All devices will be wired and I'm not bothered about using the router as a wireless access point.

I have disabled DHCP on the second router and switched off wireless access. I've also given router 2 an ip address of 192.168.1.2 still no joy - can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I've got a bit of an intermediate setup which probably isn't going to be long-term but I can't think of a logical reason why it shouldn't work so I'd like to solve it after all how do you learn about things if you don't give it a go - I have combined DSL modem amp wireless router providing internet access quot wirelessly quot to multiple PCs at home I also have a wired router connected to our main PC also connected to a NAS HD which I use to back-up music and photos- this wired routers Conflict multiple between router has no other connection inc internet For info the NAS HD used to be connected to the wireless router but the bandwidth wasn't high enough to support the large volume of data when I was backing up particularly when our laptop was being used to go online So in summary- the subject PC is connected by wires to a NAS HD via a wired router but accesses the internet via a wireless router modem My problem is that there seems to be a conflict between the arrangements- I'm a novice when it comes to setting up networks so I may well have missed something obvious I have ensured the routers have different IPs wireless and wired but other than that are left with basic automatic settings There was a short time when all seemed to be working in harmony but shortly afterwards only one set of network connections Conflict between multiple routers will work at a time Conflict between multiple routers i e disable the wired network adapter and the wireless connection to the internet works fine disable the wireless adapter and the wired connection to the NAS works fine I've plugged all known IPs into my software firewall and even disabled the firewall and it has no effect I've seen in other places there are some system states that can help diagnose so I've included them below- from them I notice that quot tunnel adapter local area connections quot seem to share the same physical address The IPv DUIDs for both network adapters are the same Could they be what's causing the problem here Cheers Mark ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mark Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink RT Turbo Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - E- E-D -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-AC- D- - - D- - - - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V- Network Connection Physical Address - D- - - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac d a e ccfe a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-AC- D- - - D- - - - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap stuff Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes route print Interface List e e d f Ralink RT Turbo Wireless LAN Card d d Intel R V- Network Connection Software Loopback Interface e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e isatap stuff IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link O... Read more

A:Conflict between multiple routers

Sorry for the zombie post, but I was running into the same issue and this thread was the only thing I could find that was similar to the issue I was experiencing with duplicate DUIDs. I just wanted to post a solution here so other people could discover the fix via google as I hoped to.

In my case, I obtained duplicate DUIDs from imaging a Windows 7 machine on Altiris and applying that image to another computer. If you used any back-up system to quickly get two machines up and running (Ghost, Altiris, LANDesk), there is a chance that the registry values that cause this issue were merely copied.

After doing some searches through the registry, I found the following values:

HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\TCPIP6\Parameters\Dhcpv6DUID
HKLM\System\ControlSet002\services\TCPIP6\Parameters\Dhcpv6DUID

Those strings should contain that computer's DUID. Change the DUID so it matches the correct hardware address. Once you have changed the strings, restart. It should then give the new DUID you assigned it. Hopefully, this works for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/280833-conflict-between-multiple-routers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

wire - HG-E modem wire com index php p - Belkin FSD - Wireless N Routers tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Ok what I have is a resturant who has ATT dsl with a wire modem don t care about the wireless apart to far to be effective would like to disable it They would like to have wireless internet for their customers in the dining room so i ran a cat e line from Multiple Wireless Routers the modem to the first Belkin router and everything works fine Its an open connection so anyone can come in and connect with their laptop From there i ran from port one jack to another Belkin router also in the ceiling for the owner She wants this one to be secure so no one can access her files Multiple Wireless Routers or laptop I put this one as quot access point quot and secured it with a bit wep key Now for some reason as an acces point i can connect with my laptop using the network key i m using xp but we can not get her laptop vista to connect It sees the signal when you quot veiw availble wireless connections quot but it won t Multiple Wireless Routers connect Strange thing is when i use that router as a regular router instead of an access point we can all see it as available but no one can connect not even me This lady is very nervous about her signal and wants her part to be secure she even had me hook up her all in one to the secured router so she could print fax wirelessly over her secured router Any ideas why i can connect to the secured quot access point quot with my laptop but we can t connect with hers nbsp

A:Multiple Wireless Routers

Disable the wireless part of the 2wire and have it just act as a DHCP server through it's switch (I assume it is also a switch). Connect the belkin routers to your switch (2wire) with a cat5 cable. Set both belkin routers as access points with different ip's (you might have to do one at a time if they share the same ip) and have them use the same SSID and different channels. I know this works with two routers of the same type/brand.. not sure if it will work with your setup.. As far as people accessing your laptop files all you have to do is turn file and print sharing off on that particular pc/laptop and will not even show up when you browse the network.. If you need to have file sharing on you could set the appropriate permissions when you share a drive/folder so that only certain people (your boss) can access it as well as require a password for access. This way anybody can connect to the wifi without a password and no one can access your laptop. There is no way to gain access of her laptop if file sharing is turned off, not only that if if it is XP or later it will have a firewall built in to prevent exactly that.

Edit: You might not even need the second belkin if your laptop is within range of the first belkin and if that's the case you might just be able to use the 2wire. I dont know the distances you are dealing with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-wireless-routers.113805/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I ve got a bit of an intermediate setup which probably isn t going to be long-term but I can t think of a logical reason why it shouldn t work so I between multiple routers Conflict d like to solve it after all how do you learn about things if you don t give it a go I have combined DSL modem amp wireless router providing internet access quot wirelessly quot to multiple PCs at home I also have a wired router connected to our main PC also connected to a NAS HD which I use to back-up music and photos- this wired router has no other connection inc internet For info the NAS HD used to be connected to the wireless router but the bandwidth wasn t high enough to support the large volume of data when I was backing Conflict between multiple routers up particularly when our laptop was being used to go online So in summary- the subject PC is connected by wires to a NAS HD via a wired router but accesses the internet via a wireless router modem My problem is that there seems to be a conflict between the arrangements- I m a novice when it comes to setting up networks so I may well have missed something obvious I have ensured Conflict between multiple routers the routers have different IPs wireless and wired but other than that are left with basic automatic settings There was a short time when all seemed to be working in harmony but shortly afterwards only one set of network connections will work at a time i e disable the wired network adapter and the wireless connection to the internet works fine disable the wireless adapter and the wired connection to the NAS works fine I ve plugged all known IPs into my software firewall and even disabled the firewall and it has no effect I ve seen in other places there are some system states that can help diagnose so I ve included them below- from them I notice that quot tunnel adapter local area connections quot seem to share the same physical address The IPv DUIDs for both network adapters are Conflict between multiple routers the same Could they be what s causing the problem here Cheers Mark ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mark Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink RT Turbo Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - E- E-D -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-AC- D- - - D- - - - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V- Network Connection Physical Address - D- - - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac d a e ccfe a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-AC- D- - - D- - - - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap stuff Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes route print Interface List e e d f Ralink RT Turbo Wireless LAN Card d d Intel R V- Network Connection Software Loopback Interface e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e isatap stuff IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface ... Read more

Relevancy 53.75%

Outlook Search Outlook Search Folder The client Information? And Track Can Contacts Clients Ms Use I Emails Clients How Outlook contact email is from another email address nd email com that can be pop and smtp access but it is so large I will not download all emails from that email address cause me G space I have a gmail email address I want to forward this client email to my gmail email account Gmail POP pop gmail com SMTP smtp gmail com So nd email com I click the How Can I Use Ms Outlook Contacts Track Clients Emails And Clients Information? email in nd email com then forward to myemail gmail com If I have a new client email I should see all emails from and to this client how to create a quot search folder quot to search email that apply for this client in Outlook folder Outlook provide How Can I Use Ms Outlook Contacts Track Clients Emails And Clients Information? a library with quot search folders quot I can quot create user define search folder quot Outlook File New search folder In quot search folder quot roll down to quot user define quot click quot create user define search file folder quot Input name of the quot search folder quot because the position title is quot Client quot so input quot Client quot in this textbox Click quot conditions quot In quot search folder quot click quot mail quot option input quot Client Mail quot in quot search text quot textbox So I ask the Client to send all his email to myemail gmail com So I also can forward all this client's email to myemail gmail com and input Client Mail in any emails about this position In quot location quot drop down list choose quot only subject words quot Click quot Enter quot several times I am doing well Every client can create a quot search folder quot But if I have clients what can I do Can I also search subject line and content of email about the clients I put some keywords in the forward email so when they reply and include the email the quot search box quot can sort these emails And also search for other related key words My god Can I create some rules direct all emails from certain email address to a search folder and I can manage different clients emails every clients emails organized even they send from email address belong to only one client How to do that Can I add clients business data to Outlook contact business data as wholesale hardware household etc Access Identify Users Identify User Requirement Office Manager client details Identify data that need save and search data in resume before processing seperate repeat group and add key resume data exclude items and add outside key multi link relations Data field in Outlook fields But clients company has their company business data as wholesale hardware household etc How can I record these business data in Access sheet field title Identify useful data Identify relations between sheets for report query and others Complete window report and query design How can I use Outlook Contacts track clients emails and clients information Outlook Search Outlook Search Folder The client contact email is from another email address nd email com that can be pop and smtp access but it is so large I will not download all emails from that email address cause me G space I have a gmail email address I want to forward this client email to my gmail email account Gmail POP pop gmail com SMTP smtp gmail com So nd email com I click the email in nd email com then forward to myemail gmail com If I have a new client email I should see all emails from and to this client how to create a quot search folder quot to search email that apply for this client in Outlook folder Outlook provide a library with quot search folders quot I can quot create user define search folder quot Outlook File New search folder In quot search folder quot roll down to quot user define quot click quot create user define search file folder quot Input name of the quot search folder quot because the position title is quot Client quot so input quot Client quot ... Read more

A:How Can I Use Ms Outlook Contacts Track Clients Emails And Clients Information?

So, I ask the Client to send all his email to [email protected]
So, I also can forward (but waste time) all this client's email to [email protected] and
input Client Mail.56 in any emails about this position.

I will create a folder in Outlook email, business and personal
Then seperate the emails to these 2 email folders.
Then I add each contact to Outlook, group them to same company first, then make folders, business and personal contact folders.

For each client activity, use Project Software to manage the activity.
I also can create links in Outlook, link emails, appointments, tasks, documents and others to Contact.
So I must Forward email to Gmail address or other Pop email address, then use Pop to download to Outlook, but when I open the email, I can not find "Action/Link" button in the "Action" Tab, I need to save this email to a folder, and from Contact Tab, link this file?
In Contact Tab, every documents can link to Contact, click "Action/Link", choose file.
But I need to better organize my documents, I search Google Directory, directory.google.com for the file content, use google directory as my file directory, save them in the correct folder.
Then link to Outlook Contact, then in Contact Tab/Activities/, there have a field title (folder name), folder location: diary

If I group many messges in folders, 100 clients have 100 folders, too confuse!

Is this right?

I must use project to manage all activities about the client?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/115584/how-can-i-use-ms-outlook-contacts-track-clients-emails-and-clients-information/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Guys I recently started working for a company that lost their IT person and until they find someone much more qualified than Networks Routers and Multiple Clashing I I have agreed to help where I can I am the most tech-savvy individual working here and that is Multiple Routers and Networks Clashing really really sad Currently I am having an issue with three Linksys routers Multiple Routers and Networks Clashing They are being used as access points to distribute a WiFi network spanning the entire store The routers all broadcast the same SSID and have an IP address of xxx I can connect to these routers but am unable to access the internet There are other routers of different makes and models broadcasting their own SSIDs but also use the xxx scheme Only ONE router using the xxx address has Internet connectivity The former IT employee has no desire to share information or be contacted I am trying to figure out what they were trying to do and how to fix it Any ideas or advice to point me in the right direction would be insanely appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers-and-networks-clashing.1159110/
Relevancy 53.32%

OK so right now we are running a Comcast Gateway with a Netgear router attached to that Right now we are able to access everything we need to wireless internet works can access the server can questions, routers multiple Networking access the server remotely but there are a few problems Let me preface by saying I m sure things are hooked up how they are Networking questions, multiple routers supposed to be hooked up Here is how things are setup configured Cable connection running to the Comcast SMC gateway this box has pc s hardwired into it and the router The Comcast box has DHCP enabled The Router is obtaining a static IP from the Comcast gateway and has its connection running from the WAN port to an open port on the router We have pc and an office printer hardwired into Networking questions, multiple routers the router and several laptops running off of the wireless DHCP is also enabled on the router The problems were having are probably obvious to the people here but some of our machines are getting assigned IP s while the router is assigning IP s I ve tried to disable DHCP on the router and then we are not able to connect anything wireless or the computer hard wired into the router We ve tried disabling DHCP on the Comcast gateway and run into a similar problem with losing connectivity on the computers plugged into the router Ideally what should we be doing here I d really just like to use the Comcast gateway as a means to the internet only and run all of our PC s and wireless through the router how would I go about doing this Also we ran into another problem today with the Remote Desktop we are able to remote in to one of the servers in the office just fine but we tried to set up an additional computer to accept a remote and what I did was change the listening port to and then port forwarded to that PC from the Comcast Gateway this computer is plugged directly into the gateway I am able to connect to the remote desktop using the PC s local IP but can not connect from the outside and when I test the port it says port is closed and not listening when I try to remote in I use IP Address as I should but it just times out and the port comes up closed when I check it via the web Is there anything additional I need to do on the PC to ensure it is listening or is this completely controlled via the gateway Any feedback would be appreciated we are just trying to get everything hooked up as seamless as possible here Thank you for reading nbsp

A:Networking questions, multiple routers

To have everything on the same LAN keep the Comcast modem/router as is but use the Netgear as only ethernet switch and, optionally, wireless access point per the following procedure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-questions-multiple-routers.998471/
Relevancy 53.32%

So I have several computers behinds a Connecting outside behind to computers multiple the routers from Linksys router I would like to access each computer through the outside by adding another name as a network prefix Let s say each computer would be designated as Mouse Cat and Dog Take SSH for example I would want to SSH into one computer using port by means of ssh email protected and the other by ssh email protected I know I could just use different ports for Connecting to multiple computers behind routers from the outside ssh and have them be forwarded to the different computers with the router and achieve the same effect but I was wondering how I would Connecting to multiple computers behind routers from the outside do it this other way How would this setup work Does it use a DNS server I know I can access different machines on my school this way but I was curious on how this is actually implemented and if I could do it on my home network You don t have to give me specific details just a general direction into what I can research Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post !
I was actually looking forward to setup multiple routers at our college(I know its quite late) where we have quite a good network of ethernet cables. Also, almost every cluster/lab has its own switch and we use static IPs with proxy to one network address(192.168.130.2). The user should be able to travel across multiple ROUTER/AP zones without changing connections.
I am sorry if I ask too much but after searching for several hours, all I got was I have to do something with MAC cloning and SSIDs.
Thanks,
Shalabh

<Email removed by moderator - ETAF>

Relevancy 53.32%

Hey,

So my dilemma is this. I have a large facility and want to use my already existing wireless routers as access points. I have a 2 Linksys WRT54Gs ethernet connected to a DSL router. The router IP addresses are as follows:

192.168.1.1 - main DSL router
192.168.1.2 - 1st WRT54G
192.168.1.3 - 2nd WRT54G

I also have them all set to the same SSID (which I want) and automatic channel selection. My problem that I'm experiencing is that my iPads and iPod touches keep dropping connection on me. They'll drop or sometimes have a very slow connection and I can't seem to figure out what is causing it! I have a reliable 7mbps DSL connection and that's more then plenty for me. I'd like to tear all my devices back to factory reset and program them again, the right way this time.

Please let me know what I should do.

Thanks.

A:Multiple Routers as Access Points - HELP!

I won't try to tell you what you should do, but I'll mention some possible causes of the symptoms.

When a wireless router (or wireless access point) is allowed automatic channel selection it often gets carried away with all the freedom and responsibility. There is a good chance that some or all are frequently changing channels or checking to see if a better one exists and can't be bothered with giving 100% attention to its clients. In case its not obvious, when the access point changes channels there is at least a brief disconnect until the client connects to the new channel.

When Windows has the opportunity to connect to multiple networks with the same SSID it will choose one at random (not necessarily the strongest) and sometimes randomly decide to disconnect and then connect to a different one (not necessarily a stronger one). iOS likely works similarly.

Some hints: if you want fairly reliable connections use different SSIDS, make your own choice of channel assignments, and either assign each device to use only one of those, or if iOS gives you a way to prioritize connections do so with care.

If you want good roaming and good connections relinquish the requirement for using independent WAPs or routers and open your wallet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers-as-access-points-help.1097856/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am in the process of planning multiple wireless routers for my church complex. My question is "not" how to setup up multiple wireless routers. I want to know before I start can I place a properly configured multiple wirelesss router on a on/off switch to shut off the AC power. I only want some of routers to be be used for special occasions and mostly be turn off.

I will not be there when they are needed so all I want is someone to do is turn on the power by flipping a switch. And the unprotected wireless signal would be available. When finished for the sure period it will agin be shut off. Will the wireless router maintain the correct configuration.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello to all. I think this may be a general network question, but as I use Vista...

So... I have this network with a switch and two routers. The routers are connected to the switch. I connect a laptop directly to router B (i.e. not to the switch), because router A is meant to be used by other PCs. The network activity icon shows that it's connected to the network from router B, but when I run "ipconfig" in the command prompt, it shows the default gateway etc. from router A!! More specifically, it should show 192.168.1.254, but it shows 192.168.1.1. How can this be??

Thanks in advance.

A:False gateway with multiple routers?

The router gateway in virtually all routers has the last number in the IP address set to 1. Have you modified the settings in router B somehow so that the gateway is 254?

Ed

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/276922-false-gateway-multiple-routers.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I Multiple and port forwarding routers am trying to access home security camera from outslide my house I have an AT amp T internet coming into the house They have a router that comes into the house and that splits off to another router in my house which carriers CAT all over the house One of the wires go Multiple routers and port forwarding to another router that I use for my wireless devices One of those wireless devices is an security camera Here is my question I want to view the camera from the internet outside the house I have followed the instructions given by the manufacture for port forwarding I have port forwarded the wireless router since the camera is connected to it Is that wrong since the DSL is coming in one router and then going to another and then to the wireless I guess I am just trying to find out what is right way to make this work since the way I am doing things now does not seem to be working nbsp

A:Multiple routers and port forwarding

Are you sure the second one is a router and not a switch? What is the need for so many damn routers?

Once you port forward from the router with the security camera try and access it on your LAN behind the second router. You will have to set up port forwarding on all routers that are gateway devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers-and-port-forwarding.1006099/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey All,

I have a question regarding extending my wireless network throughout my building.

I have on hand three Linksys WRT54GL wireless routers and am wanting to use all three to expand the coverage area of my signal.

What I am thinking is, using the latest firmware from Linksys, hard wiring the cable modem to the main router and then configuring each of the other two routers with a different IP, placing them a distance in either direction from the main central router. It sounds logical on paper, but can it be done?

If so, can anyone walk me through the process, or at least direct me to a link where this process is explained in detail?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 53.32%

I hate to ask what is probably a simple question but after days of forum searching and hours upon hours of tweaking I still can t make this work I config multiple routers/gateway have a Dlink di- gatway with an ip Netgear WGT Wireless router ip Linksys WRK Wireless router ip Currently I am only using the Netgear wireless router set up with a static IP address from my ISP using one of the LAN ports for a Dell server which is for storage and set up for FTP use so I multiple routers/gateway config can remotley upload download files I am wanting to use the Dlink as a gatway connecting the Netgear server for business use and connecting the Linksys for a guest wireless access point so clients can access the internet without seeing the Netgear server Cable Modem Dlink---------------------- Netgear Linksys Server You name it I ve tried it and I can t get it to work The last thing I tried was setting up the Dlink with all of the correct static ip info which worked because I can access the internet I then turned off the DHCP on the Netgear and tried to change the LAN from to the ip range the DLink gave me was from - but it didn t work I can t even log back into the admin page of the Netgear using the -I have to reset it and start over I ve tried connecting LAN to WAN LAN to LAN nothing Haven t even attempted the Linksys because I can t even get the Netgear to work lol Thanks in advance for any help I truly appreciate it nbsp

A:multiple routers/gateway config

First off, you would have the guest computers connect to the router connected directly to the Internet feed, and the secure connections on a router daisy-chained off the primary router. This protects the secure connections using the NAT layer of the secondary router. I have no idea what you plan on doing with the 3rd router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers-gateway-config.799117/
Relevancy 53.32%

Techrepublic has a nice description of supernets a means to add network devices without the necessity of usage multiple of supernets; routers extra ROUTE ADD configurations which does supernets; usage of multiple routers not work in XP Home From Techrepublic Why would I want to use supernetting ISPs frequently use supernetting to allocate IP addresses most effectively There may be scenarios where you have many LANS WLANs or VLANs that might be optimally suited for supernetting to best administer your network needs Keep in mind that supernetting introduces complexity to network administration that needs thorough planning testing documentation and administrator competence Most new routing equipment and current operating systems support CIDR in their implementation of the TCP IP protocol However before a supernetting implementation it is critical to ensure that all components supernets; usage of multiple routers of your network are supernetting-aware This includes operating systems network services routers routing protocols RIP for example does not support CIDR and any network-based services used on your network While the usual devices are sufficient for most of us the assumption is there s only one router Adding multiple routers is wasteful UNLESS there s a specific need such as adding wireless support to a wired network another alternative is an Access Point The advantage of a second router is grouping devices and controlling access via firewall rules eg You would very much like to protect your wireless subnet a b d in this example so as to exclude all uninvited systems allow all on subnet a b c lt lt your wired subnet allow only a b d lt lt your wireless laptop deny all a b d lt lt your wireless subnet the ordering is significant in the rules and ensure that only the system at a b d will be allowed access to the system which has these firewall rules But getting the discrete IP addresses to flow is a prerequisite to this kind of control The secret is the subnet mask see article details here nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/supernets-usage-of-multiple-routers.69670/
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm trying to set up a wireless workgroup at home and am wondering if I'm doing it right so far. Here's how I have it configured so far....maybe someone can tell me if I'm on the right track:

1. 1 DSL modem/4 port switch/wireless capable(IP 192.168.1.1)(DHCP with range from 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.100) with a hardwire from one of the ports to the Internet/Uplink port on a linksys 4 port/wireless router(IP 192.168.1.2)

2. First router on channel 1, second on channel 6

3. Both have the same SSID

4. Both are WEP enabled with the same key

That's all I can remember for now. I'm trying to have seamless crossover when moving away from one router and getting closer to the other. Also, will I need to configure anything on the routers to have File and Printer Sharing work? I have read that NetBIOS has some issues with using multiple wireless routers.

A:Configuring multiple wireless routers

I'd make them different SSID's. You can put both of them in the list of preferred connections. That's how I run my routers, but I use WPA here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-multiple-wireless-routers.496862/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all Would like some advice idiots guide if possible to setup the following I would like to have two separate networks running at home XX and XX Subnet home routers help and Multiple which are completely separate from each other bar the ability for both to have access to my ADSL internet connection I would like one network to act as a Dev network where I might plug client machines into etc and one as my main network So effectively I will have one network which is my main home network running on X which all my home machines etc run on and have access to my main router or gateway to the internet Gateway IP is and I will also have a seperate Dev network running on X which I can plug any PC laptop etc that I am working on into which won t have network access to the other X network for security purposes but will Multiple home routers and Subnet help have access to my ADSL gateway so they get internet access like the other network Is this possible And if so would someone please be able to give me a walkthrough on how to setup it up Current hardware is Main gateway router Netgear DG N on IP Wifi access point Netgear WNR on IP Spare unused router to work on the Dev network Draytek Vigor IP to be Multiple home routers and Subnet help confirmed Is it possible to do the above with my existing hardware Multiple home routers and Subnet help I e not have to go out and purchase some expensive equipment Many many many thanks to any kind soul that is able to help nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I have what I consider a very basic understanding of networking I work for an IT solutions provider and a restaurant chain which we support needs to fix a PCI compliance issue The network at the location was put in place a year ago with little documentation My goal is to move a DVR device for CCTV system away from the PoS machine because the DVR requires a port open which is not good for PCI compliance if both are behind same router I apologize for ignorance or lack of any details you might need to help me if there s some info I need to dig up I d be happy + to How modem routers multiple use bridged to find it I m in a rough spot trying to fix this This is how they are set up They How to use bridged modem + multiple routers have a bridged modem which is the first thing that the DSL line comes into My impression is that the proper way to use multiple routers with a bridged modem is to have a quot main router quot which will be the director if you will All the other routers should then plug into that main router as opposed to having multiple routers plugged into a bridged modem I ve confirmed that for whatever reason TWO Linksys Firewall Routers are plugged into this bridged modem which is a Netopia Again I apologize but I don t have the model numbers This brings me to my first couple of questions If two routers are plugged into the same bridged modem how would they behave Wouldn t they be fighting for control to be the quot main router quot Is it possible to set up two routers to connect to the same modem if some advanced configuration is made I actually would like to AVOID using a main router with the other routers connected to that if possible One of the routers has desktop PC and a Point of Sale system connected to it Router A if you will the other has some IP phones connected to it Router B Router B always times out when I try to access the console and I ve been told that in order to fix that I need to reset the router The problem is I can t afford to lose all those settings because I don t know how the company who installed IP phones configured that one The reason I mention this is to further stress that I don t want to have to reconfigure the existing routers However even though it times out when I try to access console it will assign me an IP properly I don t know what that really means I made sure to double check the gateway IP for that router is correctly typed into web browser At the moment the routers seem to be somehow working fine even though they are both plugged into a single bridged modem What I would like to do is add a third router that will only have the DVR device plugged into it My guess is that since Router B does have connectivity it gives me an IP and I can connect to internet when plugged into it I should set up this third router Router C plugged into router B and go ahead to configure Router C however is necessary for the DVR to function correct Give Router C a different gateway than the others forward the port that the DVR needs etc Is this a viable solution Some of my concern is that I m getting mixed messages from AT amp T technicians I have talked to Supposedly when there are routers connected to a bridge at least one of them need to have the PPPoE Username Password johndoe att net entered on it In a situation like this does router A and B BOTH need to have PPPoE user pass entered What about Router C Since router C is plugged into router B does that eliminate the need to enter PPPoE info Is it possible to only use the routers in static mode as opposed to PPPoE with user pass For example I just enter the primary and secondary DNS which the ISP uses give all the devices a WAN IP using the block of fixed IPs the ISP gives us Will that eliminate the need to use PPPoE mode with user pass And finally my last question would be In getting this DVR set up on Router C should I just go ahead to connect it to Router B and try using Router C in static mode with all the right numbers or go ahead to use the... Read more

A:How to use bridged modem + multiple routers

One thing I noticed from reading your post was that the problem you are trying to solve (not having the port opened to the DVR on the same network as the PoS) would not be solved by placing router C behind router B. You would still have to open the port on router B to allow it to pass to router C. Wouldn't this be the same as opening the port in router B to allow it to pass to the DVR (if the DVR was connected to router B)?

As far as the issues with AT&T, you can only program the IP addresses that they assign to you in the routers. They should be able to tell you how many IP addresses are assigned to your customer. If you have a router behind another router, only the one connected to the modem would have an IP address from the ISP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-use-bridged-modem-multiple-routers.161057/
Relevancy 52.89%

Here s the situ I have a small office a I have computers - server desktops laptop with inbuilt wireless b I have internet thru cable modem c The server win serveros TS is connected to the internet cable and internet connection is shared thru a wireless router which has W/l Cards- Solved: Thin Network Clients-pci only wan lan port that rj- thing d My desktops all have w lan pci cards but they are horribly old and I have to replace them e I have decided to put in thin clients Solved: Thin Clients-pci Cards- W/l Network instead f The thin client Wyse le that I am looking it doesnt take in the pci card and attempts to load the drivers in the model that has the option of pci Solved: Thin Clients-pci Cards- W/l Network cards have failed g Since I have a spare dlink router I planned for the routers to wireless connect to each other and then have thin clients connect to the dlink router thru patch cords h Problem is how do I get the the dlink router to recognise the original one that is connected to the internet i In network places on the server do I have to make a new connection If so what type vpn set up an advanced connection Heres a line diagram of what I want to achieve Internet thru Cable-----Server---- Lan port W L Router-----W L Hub with lan ports connecting upto Wyse SEClients Possible Any and all advise welcome nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I posted about this problem a few months ago, but did not have enough information. We have a user on our network that connects to a clients network through a secure VPN. When he is logged on to there network other users on our network can see all of the clients PCs when they bring up windows explorer. We use a class B static IP address on our lan side. I belive if the clients network is on the same subnet then there is not much I can do to keep from seeing all of their computers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400293-how-do-i-get-vpn-clients-comp-stop-showing-network.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a desktop system running XP Home as clients as printing with Network and host as vista XP a wireless network host that has a shared Canon Pixma MP printer attached I also have as clients another desktop system running XP Home one laptop running XP Home and four laptops running vista all as clients on the wireless network The issue is the client desktop system prints to the shared printer just fine The XP laptop is having trouble printing but I think have Network printing with XP as host and vista as clients that figured out The vista laptops can see the host and the printer I can even edit and save shared documents on the host from all four laptops However I cannot print from any Network printing with XP as host and vista as clients of them If I go in to control panel view computers and devices click on the host computer I can see all shared files and folders and the printer When I click on the printer it attempts to connect then gives the message quot Windows cannot connect to the printer Access is denied quot When I click on the printer from the desktop client it displays the print queue so I am assuming that s what is supposed to happen from the laptop clients Here is what I have tried so far - Confirmed that the printer is shared on host - Downloaded and installed updated printer driver for XP on host from Canon - Downloaded and installed updated printer driver for Vista on clients from Canon - Deleted and reinstalled printer on host - Confirmed that I have a NTFS file system on the host - Made sure all clients are in the same workgroup as host - Thinking this is a permissions issue I downloaded and installed the SCESP I tool on the host to get the security tab in printer properties for XP Home but the security tab still didn t show up even when I press the control key while clicking on properties for the printer - Booted to safe mode and set the permissions there through the security tab although I may not have done that part correctly There may be more that I have done but I can t think of anything right now Any ideas It sure seems to be a permissions issue but I m not sure nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%
A:how to change th max number of clients in Hosted Network

You can do it through the registry or in the Policy.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/56814-how-change-th-max-number-clients-hosted-network.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I know that you can stack linksys routers on top of eachother and have them all set to recive a IP address from the main one. But is this possible with wireless routers? I have 2 linksys wireless routers and i want my setup to be so that both can be wireless at the same time. At opposit ends of the house this should give my fairly large house a strong signal all around. But how would i do this with wireless? Would problems occur like setting the same SSID for each seperate router? Would this create 2 seperate SSID's to connect to?

The reason why is because instead of spending the money for a range extender, or higher gain antennas. I could use this extra unused router.

Relevancy 52.46%

OK I am setting up some cameras and want to make sure I am going about it correctly Here is the layout Cable MODEM ------------------linksys ports forwarded to linksys IP amp SFE P- IP --------------- linksys ports forwarded to SFE P IP linksys SFE P ports forwarded to camera IP s Linksys SFE P needed ports forwarded to camera IP s The IP s of linksys amp are widely know from the factory so I had no trouble accessing the setup pages and doing the port forwarding but the SFE P is set to a dynamic IP from the factory How can I find that address port and routers multiple switches forwarding with so I can access the setup pages to finish the port forwarding Should I connect my laptop to the SFE P and just have the linksys and the modem connected and run a network scanner Like I said I think I have this port forwarding with multiple routers and switches correct but just want to make sure Thanks for any help James Bond Universal Exports nbsp

A:port forwarding with multiple routers and switches

Any router in front of the first one should be configured as a switch, plug only into the LAN ports and turn off DHCP, otherwise you are just asking for headaches. Then do all your port forwarding from the router directly in front of the cable modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding-with-multiple-routers-and-switches.957058/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there! I am new to the board and hoping someone can help me.

I belong to an Online Record Pool, and go to the website to download music often (yes it is a legal thing and I do pay money for it).

Before setting up the router on my system, i was always able to start and download up to 10 files at one time. Now, I have a cable router here and I can only seem to get 2 downloads going simultaneously.

Does anyone know how I can get myself back to where I was? I am using a Linksys BEFSR81 ver. 2 Cable Router. Linksys suggested playing with the MTU settings, but this does not seem to change how may downloads I can peform at one time.

Thank you for the help!

A:[SOLVED] Cable Routers and Multiple Downloads

Increase Internet Download Connections

Increase Simultaneous Internet Download Connections
Increases the number of allowed simultaneous connections to ten (10).
[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.
Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Setting for Value Data: [0000000a]
Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.
Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: MaxConnectionsPerServer
Setting for Value Data: [0000000a]
Exit Registry and Reboot
remember backup your registry before trying this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cable-routers-and-multiple-downloads.122099/
Relevancy 52.46%

Ok so here is the issue that I ran into multiple routers with wired/wireless Homegroup and In my home I originally had just a wireless belkin router connected to my comcast modem which was an access point for wireless computers and one wired computer in my office I have just recently started using windows on all my computers here and I wanted to set up a homegroup so that I can share music and movies throughout the house from one computer in my office Now the issue is that I added a second computer to my office to use as the storage for all my media but to do that I needed to add another router which is not wireless I have the second router running off of the wireless router to add more connections in my office and not have a bunch of wires running through the house The problem now is that when I create a homegroup from the computer connected through the second router it cannot see any of the wireless computers that connect through the first wireless router and vice versa Is there a solution for this problem or am I stuck with having to run all wired and wireless connections from one router Please help as I am stuck here and I want to move forward with my HTPC project without having all the external drives cluttering the downstairs living room as I am expecting a child in a few months and want as few things as Homegroup with wired/wireless and multiple routers possible in reach of those little hands Thank you in advance Dragonschild

A:Homegroup with wired/wireless and multiple routers

Can the computer connected to the second router get to the internet? Can you describe how you have the 2 routers wired together?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/72912-homegroup-wired-wireless-multiple-routers.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys,

I'm very new to networking so please forgive my lack of understanding!

Recently moved into a mates house, the router for the Internet is a Netgear Super G and manages to transmit a pretty good signal to most of the house - apart from my room at the other side of the house.

Now, I also have the same router (Netgear Super G) and was wondering if it was possible to use this to boost/spread the signal to reach my room?
The router has one modem input and 4 Ethanet cable sockets...

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
James

A:Using multiple routers to boost/spread a signal

I don't consider networking my strongest point.

But I'm pretty certain you can't if anything they would probably knock each others signal out (if they're on the same channel).

There are signal boosters you can buy but they're not very good either, if you want some extra speed out of your wireless I would advice getting a "N" router, it's one up from Super G but you need an "N" adapter for your computer as well.

Hope this answered your question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-multiple-routers-to-boost-spread-a-signal.106320/
Relevancy 52.46%

My Windows Pro x computer computer can no longer see my shared network drive that is attached to no longer drive clients Windows access can 7 network my Asus RT-N router that is running its Samba Windows 7 clients can no longer access network drive server I have checked that the workgroup is set to WORKGROUP on both the server in the router and on my Win client system I was able to access the shared drive just fine a few days ago I have a Raspberry Pi on the network that is still able to access the shared network drive just fine This would seem to indicate the Samba server in the router is still working So Windows 7 clients can no longer access network drive I started up another old Win computer computer on the network It is also unable to see the shared network drive although it is able to see Computer on the network And Computer was able to see Computer when it booted up I have tried rebooting the router I have not made any changes in the router configuration in the last week I'm stumped Any suggestions on what else I should check

A:Windows 7 clients can no longer access network drive

You are the 2nd person with a similar problem in the last 2 days, see Win 7 machines not visible to XP machines within same network

You: Win7 machines see each other but not the others, while others see each other but not the Win7.
The other person: Win7 machines see each other, XP see each other but neither XP nor Win7 see the other OS.

I wonder if you guys have anything in common. Like a similar security software? Which one do you use?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374962-windows-7-clients-can-no-longer-access-network-drive.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,
i have a scenerio.I have hubs that connect PCs together and routers that connects the hubs. I also need to connect the routers(approx one on each level in a ten level building)to a mainframe(fileserver). what do i use to connect them up? Do i need devices like switches??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-to-connect-routers-to-mainframe-file-server.29196/
Relevancy 52.03%

I've read other topics about it here, but my situation is somewhat unique.

1) I can successfully ping websites from the command line (PC)/Network utility (Mac), but can't open any pages in internet browsers. This applies to all devices/OS/browsers (Win 8, OSX, iOS, Android) as well as apps and software that requires Internet access in the household.

2) The incoming e-mails (in Mac mail app) go through.

3) I have 2 routers ? AirPort Time Capsule and the standard router from ISP. I tried them both, same zero result (ping - yes, browsing - no).

ISP hesitates to send help, they don't see any issues on their side of the line yet.

Not posting any logs since it's a multiple devices/routers situation.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-access-to-websites-able-to-ping-multiple-devices-routers.1157473/
Relevancy 52.03%

I work at a small school where all teachers take on ancillary roles and mine is as the lead tech teacher which mostly involves providing support and training for applications and instructional technology Our school has multiple buildings constructed of concrete creating or campus? for wireless routers a repeaters multiple block wood and stucco most of which only contain classrooms each All rooms are wired for internet access I have been using a wireless router in my room for several years so that I can do presentations from my laptop with a projector in the middle of the room We now have several laptops and have received funds to make the entire campus wireless I ve been asked to handle this My question is should I put in several routers or just one with a series of repeaters The wireless connection would be strictly for internet access not for creating a network of connected drives printers etc Currently only the computers in the computer lab multiple routers or repeaters for creating a wireless campus? are networked together though we do occasionally have a problem with one teachers documents appearing in another teacher s printer I suspect this is because the printers all have the same name nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I've been using the Belkin wireless G router for various wireless networks I've setup due to it having a very useful feature: multiple security passwords.

One password gives full LAN access to wireless connected computers.

The other password, the "guest" password, allows wireless access to the Internet only. This functionality would have solved this user's issue perfectly.

Anywho, does anyone know of any other brand of wireless router that offers this kind of functionality? I'm no longer interested in Belkin products, due to an absolutely horrendous support issue I had with them, so I'm looking for another wireless router brand to start using.

Thanks!

Peace...

A:Solved: Looking for wireless routers with multiple security passwords

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-looking-for-wireless-routers-with-multiple-security-passwords.653287/
Relevancy 52.03%

My house has DSL net running first through a 20-port switch with internet jacks running all through the house. Plugged into one of the wall jacks is a Linksys wireless router. Printer and file sharing works between all computers connected to the main router, but I haven't been able to use any laptops wirelessly connected to the net for networked printing or filesharing. Is this possible?

Relevancy 52.03%

Please responed...

This is what i really hope to set up.
Its really all there..
if someone could tell me what i have to do...

BTW- the routers are both linksys.

The Link--- img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mynetworkqr0.png

thanks!!

A:Please Help Answer About My New Network And 2 Wireless Routers in One Network

I know English is not your first language... What is your question? Your link isn't posted properly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-answer-about-my-new-network-and-2-wireless-routers-in-one-network.107291/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain in the dmz. I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain in the network. I can access the one in the network to the dmz without a problem, but I cannot access the one in the dmz to the network. The ip addresses in the network are different than the ip address in the dmz. I fowarded the ports but the dmz box still gets blocked. I tried to do it by VPN after setting the router to accept VPN. The connection still gets blocked. I set all the firewall settings.

I'm not sure where to go from here, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Relevancy 51.6%

HI
Two Linysy cisco router of same network 192.168.128.1 and 100 are given and the sever 08 has 128 network .the problem is if one router is off the another router is pinging..like tat it was pinging simultaneously.
the router is Not communicating at the same time to the two routers.Its communicating simultaneously
pleas help regarding this issue tat the server must be communicate to the both router at the same time
thank you

A:Two Linksys Cisco routers unable to communicate with server

this issue tat the server must be communicate to the both router at the same timeClick to expand...

hmm; as you express it, this is literally impossible.
There should only be one DHCP server on this lan. With the addresses you've provided, the server has only one connection to the router and thus it can literally read/write to one device at a time.

Code:

==== router#1
(128.1)
|
+ (128.08) Server
|
+ (128.100) router ===
I fear you are attempting to connect each router to an ISP and get twice the bandwidth;
usually it is wired like this

Code:

===router#1 ------ server ---- router#2 ===
the server would need two NIC cards, but this never works due to the routing tables.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-linksys-cisco-routers-unable-to-communicate-with-server.172024/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am server ) to with shares credentials? multiple single ( Error 1219 on System a Connecting multiple running Windows Vista Home Premium SP on my laptop I have a Fedora Core server running SaMBa They share a subnet with and taken by networking - on the server on the laptop The server has multiple SaMBa shares for this example myserver share and myserver share There are two SaMBA users user and user each either their own passwords user can access myserver share and user can access myserver share I log on to the Vista laptop using a separate user pass from either of those two accounts When I attempt to connect to these shares I Connecting to multiple shares on a single server with multiple credentials? ( System Error 1219 ) can do so without a problem if I connect to them singly using quot connect using different user name quot However if I attempt to connect to both simultaneously I get quot System error has occurred Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user using more than one user name are not allowed Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again quot I need to be able to connect to both shares simultaneously but using the different credentials I don't want user creating files in myserver share and I don't want user creating files in myserver share I have tried manually using NET USE and I get the same error when I try to map the second drive after the first is mounted I have also messed with regedit and changed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Lsa LmCompatibilityLevel from to a certain site suggested this I've also seen some DNS kludges that trick the windows client into thinking its connecting to multiple servers but I haven't the capacity to arrange something like this easily -- nor do I like the idea of using kludges to fix what should be a simple-to-fix scenario Is there a 'correct' work-around for this

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f3ee2c61-a5c7-48b3-a3bf-23ea323da699/connecting-to-multiple-shares-on-a-single-server-with-multiple-credentials-system-error-1219-?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys awesome site and thanks for the help in advance I have kind of a strange situation with my wireless I have a modem and wireless router on my top floor and I am trying to get internet connection multiple Problem... Wireless sharing routers possible? or Internet access to my xbox without buying Wireless Problem... Internet connection sharing or multiple routers possible? the wireless adapter if at all possible Two things I want to know about Internet Connection Sharing and multiple routers I am not sure if the multiple routers is a possibility but I know Internet Connection Sharing used to work and no longer does now So Internet- gt Modem- gt Wireless Router- gt Laptop Vista I have a laptop connected to my wireless and plug it into the xbox with a network cable When I first got it this worked perfectly after I simply enabled Sharing in the connection settings After I reset the modem and router for some other stuff it stopped working ICS is still enabled in settings and my xbox fails finding an IP address for some reason I tried the settings on automatic and it does not work The xbox has an option to input custom settings like IP subnet mask gateway DNS and MAC stuff What could be stopping the ICS from working like it did before What settings should I input and what steps should I go through I have an extra old wireless router laying around Can you connect a wireless router to the internet through wireless internet Or can I share the connection from laptop- gt nd router- gt xbox ICS sounds like the easiest option because it used to work with the same setup I have now and doesn t require a bunch of extras Thanks a lot It was a stretch buying an xbox right now you would all be lifesavers if you could save me bucks on a wireless adapter for the xbox nbsp

A:Wireless Problem... Internet connection sharing or multiple routers possible?

Forget ICS and just bridge the two network connections on the remote box that is connected to the XBOX. It's much simpler and it will eliminate the NAT layer of ICS from interfering with the XBOX connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-problem-internet-connection-sharing-or-multiple-routers-possible.717277/