Windows Support Forum

HP laptop will no longer connect to the internet

Q: HP laptop will no longer connect to the internet

I have had an HP laptop for 1 year and it has worked on the internet perfectly fine. My wireless router turned off one day while I was using the internet and after it turned back on my laptop would not connect back to the wireless. I have tried connecting my laptop to hotspot from my phone and tried connecting it to the internet modem with a cord but neither would work. Please Help!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP laptop will no longer connect to the internet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP laptop will no longer connect to the internet

You may need to buy an external WiFi adapter like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320176

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-will-no-longer-connect-to-the-internet.203700/
Relevancy 78.26%

Let me preface this by saying I am quite lost with these types of problems My brother-in-law brought over his Acer Aspire laptop with Windows Vista a few weeks ago because he couldn't connect to the internet Not only was he not connecting through longer no connect Laptop to will internet IE none of his software could update I ran Malware Malbytes which detected and removed quot adware Seekmo quot I have also updated his Atheros wireless network driver The latest Laptop will no longer connect to internet Avast antivirus detected no threats Still couldn't log on so I loaded Firefox Mozilla Still no internet I even tried taking the laptop Laptop will no longer connect to internet down to the local Starbucks to make sure it wasn't a problem at this point with my router it wasn't When I check ipconfig under command prompt I receive the following Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Link-local IPv Address fe e b c ea Per a recommendation from elsewhere on the internet I followed the following instructions I found to reset the IP stack From command prompt ipconfig flushdnsnbtstat -Rnbtstat -RRnetsh int reset allnetsh int ip resetnetsh winsock resetReboot computer then run the following from command prompt netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel disabledUnfortunately it has made no difference It still autoconfigs to the x x x address as before At this point I am completely lost as to how to get this thing to reconnect It recognizes a signal from a wireless router or modem and links to it but it still can't connect to the internet

A:Laptop will no longer connect to internet

Have you tried:

ipconfig /release

then

ipconfig /renew

?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261099/laptop-will-no-longer-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have an Acer Aspire 5552 running Windows 7 64 Bit with 4GB of memory. I suddenly can no longer connect to the internet wired or wirelessly. IE won't display any pages and I can't even ping Google from a command prompt! I am able to see all available networks wirelessly and am having the same problems on multiple routers. Other computers are able to connect.

I have run scans using MalwareBytes and Super Antispyware. I have made sure that IPV4 and IPV6 are set to obtain an address and DNS server automatically. I ran a ipconfig /dnsflush command.

I don't know where else to go from here and would greatly appreciate any assistance!

A:Laptop won't connect to the internet any longer

Hi bbr0511Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity CenterWindows UpdatePress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435445/laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-any-longer/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I have been looking everywhere trying to solve this problem and have tried just about everything The other day I shut down my laptop and when I turned it back on it would not connect no others still connect internet, Laptop do will the to Solved: longer to the internet It continuously says limited connectivity and unidentified network Solved: Laptop will no longer connect to the internet, others still do my info is listed below Location Birmingham Alabama United States ISP AT amp T they also provided the router modem which is all connected in one Router Model wire Gateway HGV-B Connection Type Wired and Wireless Wireless Encryption TKIP Network Card Dell Wireless Wireless-N WLAN Mini-Card Computer Model Dell Studio OS Windows Vista Home Premium SP IP configuration brought up this info Also tried pinging Google Windows IP Configuration Host Name Stephanie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless Wireless-N WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - D- -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe afc b b b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -E - C- - - - B- -EC DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - - B- -EC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - - E-E -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday July PM Lease Expires Thursday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AE B D-DDAE- BCC-B - F AA B E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B-A - C -A EF- A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E C BB - F- E E-B - F C AEF B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d cc d cc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Interface List d f Dell Wireless Wireless-N WLAN Mini-Card b ec Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet a e e f Hamachi Network Interface Software Loopback Interface e isatap AE B D-DDAE- BCC-B - F AA B E e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface e isatap B-A - C -A EF- A e isatap E C BB - F- E E-B - F C AEF B e TO Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link On-link d cc d cc On-link fe On-link fe afc b b b On-link ff On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None Pinging Stephanie-PC from with bytes of data Reply from time lt ms Reply from time lt ms Reply from time lt ms Reply from time lt ms Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost ... Read more

A:Solved: Laptop will no longer connect to the internet, others still do

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-will-no-longer-connect-to-the-internet-others-still-do.1009835/
Relevancy 76.54%

My wifi router is normally placed on the first floor. When I go upstairs and try to connect to my laptop wifi to the internet, it will not work. The problem is, my laptop cannot find the network on the wifi list. I've been using the wifi on my laptop in my room upstairs for years yet all of a sudden today it stopped working.

I tested it with my phone on the exact same spot as my laptop and the internet connected just fine.

I moved my laptop to the basement and also tried the first floor and it worked fine. The Network Adapter driver is working fine from what I've seen.

Could it be because there is a setting on my laptop that it will not try to look for the wifi that is not close enough? If there is any missing information feel free to ask. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390676-no-longer-able-connect-internet-using-my-laptop-wifi-win7.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello no internet longer to any HELP!!! can (WLAN/LAN) connection Laptop connect I recently bought a new hercules wireless router I then installed this router exactly as the instructions said and installed the software onto HELP!!! Laptop can no longer connect to any internet connection (WLAN/LAN) my laptop following all the correct instructions however the laptop could not connect to the HELP!!! Laptop can no longer connect to any internet connection (WLAN/LAN) router when complete i therefore reset the router and tried again same problem i then checked on my second laptop and found that this laptop could succesfully connect i then went back reset the router again and installed the software on this second laptop again i can connect to the router via this laptop but still not with the first laptop i also tried using my eternet cable to connect the first laptop to the router with no luck I then tried to IPCONFIG the router using the ethernet cable and CMD did not give any IP adresses what-so-ever i have tried everything i can come up with to connect this laptop to my router but nothing works whilst all the other computers -wireless and -ethernet work perfectly thank you in advance for all your support ardjan nbsp

A:HELP!!! Laptop can no longer connect to any internet connection (WLAN/LAN)

Welcome to TSG:
Will need some info before we start making suggestions:
Make and model of modem and router ?
Operating systems involved ?
Let's see this from a working laptop and a non working laptop:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-laptop-can-no-longer-connect-to-any-internet-connection-wlan-lan.986698/
Relevancy 63.21%

Yesterday i got a virus I was looking up some things on wiki when a flash installer popped up Im usually quite good at knowing when i have a virus but this looked authentic I had no random popups or anything weird so i let the installer do its thing After it was done it removed everything from my desktop and put me on a page about the metropolitan police paying money to unlock my pc blah blah I knew straight away this was utter crap so i restarted the pc and ran spybot S amp D it found some Can no connect longer internet. to stuff removed it and asked for a restart Upon restart windows wouldn't launch and asked for revert to last known working instance i did It put me to the point where the flash installer kept popping up I got bit defender it installed and as soon as it was done installing my internet knocked out it ran a scan and removed a couple trojan viruses after finishing i ran a troubleshoot on my connection problem it popped up saying quot windows can't communicate with the Can no longer connect to internet. device or resource primary dns quot so i started up my lap top what im using now it wouldn't connect to my router I unplugged it and now i can connect After doing some research i reset the dns with cmd and some various other commands ipv ipv but still my desktop wont connect I reset the router to factory settings and still nothing I cant connect to anything at all with my desktop skype steam firefox ventrilo Nothing Usually id wipe the HD but i really don't want to lose everything so fixing it my only choice Any help will be appreciated

A:Can no longer connect to internet.

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Also...

Please download aswMBR.exe to your desktop. Double-click aswMBR.exe to run it.
When prompted to download the latest Avast! virus definitions, please choose No
Click the Scan button to start scan.
Wait until it says, 'Scan finished successfully'. ( Note - do not select any Fix at this time)
Click Save log, and save it to your desktop.
Click Exit.
Please post the contents of that log, aswMBR.txt, in your next reply.
There shall also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat. Right-click that file and select Send To > Compressed (zipped) folder. Please attach that zipped file in your next reply.

When you run this tool, remember to choose 'Skip' not 'Cure' if it finds something. We just want a scan, not a fix.

Download tdsskiller.exe and Save it to your Desktop.

Double-click tdsskiller.exe and click 'Run'

Click Change parameters then under 'Additional options' check the 'Detect TDLFS file system' > OK.

Click 'Start scan'.

If no infection is found, click 'Close' and let me know.

If an infection is found, select 'Skip' from the dropdown menu under 'Cure' then click 'Continue' > 'Close' > 'Close'.

It will produce a log here > C:\TDSSKiller.2.7.34.0_date_time_log.txt

Please navigate to the file, double-click to open it, and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/can-no-longer-connect-to-internet-644408.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I ran a boot time scan with Avast and once it had finished and my PC had restarted my connection was fine but I could not connect to the internet I have to no the Can Internet connect longer two computers one laptop which I am on right now and a PC which are both using wireless Can someone help me out please as I am clueless to what to do Is there anyone that can help I m pretty much stuck and no idea what happened or why The little wireless icon in the corner says that I m connected but it has a exclamation mark in a yellow triangle saying no internet no network access Don t know what to do This is a CMD report Don t know what it is but someone suggested it Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users RaeJae gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Link-local IPv Address fe d f Autoconfiguration IPv Address Can no longer connect to the Internet Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Can no longer connect to the Internet Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users RaeJae gt nbsp

A:Can no longer connect to the Internet

OK, try this. (knowing your version of windows would help)

Clcik on Start and type cmd into the search box.

In Vista and Win7 then right click on cmd in the popup menu and select "Run as Administrator"
In XP just hit the Enter key.

Then type these two command exactly as typed here with the gap. Hit the Enter key after each one. Then try the connection again.

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

If this does not work please state your version of Windows for further assistance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-no-longer-connect-to-the-internet.166251/
Relevancy 63.21%

About a week ago my wife?s laptop stopped connecting to the internet. Her laptop still connects to the home intranet (can access file on my PC, print, etc). I have tried everything I know how to do to get her machine back on the internet. I even bout a new router. One other thing, the laptop does connect to the internet briefly after it?s restarted.

A:Can no longer connect to the internet

try a system restore before that date if you have one. You may have to update drivers. Go to your wireless card's manufacturer's website and specify which card you have, and then download its drivers. Make sure you have all of windows important and critical updates. make sure you don't have a virus by running an antivirus (Only 1 antivirus, I recommend MSE). Failing that, we can start looking at settings within the computer. Did you or the missus change anything that might have led up to the failing connection?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/136530-can-no-longer-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 63.21%

My computer was working fine and then one day I was no longer able to go online with it. My computer connects through a router. There are two computers on the router. One can connect but mine can't. I took the ethernet cable from the one that works to see if I could connect but I can't. When I try to go online it says it can not connect.

A:Can no longer connect to the internet.

What browser are you using ? Internet Explorer ? Try another browser and see if that one works.

Is there a chance the computer is infected ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-no-longer-connect-to-the-internet-504899.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Well something wierd has happened...I had a working internet connection until Saturday PM and now I cannot access the web...

Strange thing is apps like Google Earth seem to access the web fine, browsers don't and neither does my Kapersky updater.

I am using Vista 64 bit Home Premium (SP1)

I have a wireless Linksys router that vista can see and connect to..

My laptop, PS3 can connect to the same router and access the Internet ok.

Any ideas??

A:Can no longer connect to the Internet

click your start button (the orb thingy) then all programs/accessories and right click command prompt and choose "run as administrator"

in the resulting box type ..... ping www.google.com ..... and hit return (your leaving a space between ping and the adress)

let us know what it says

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/225839-can-no-longer-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi guys. I CAN connect to internet just fine using my wifi BUT I CAN NO LONGER connect to 198.192.1.1!!! Any idea how to solve this problem? I'm using a Dell Insprion 1545 and Win7 32-bit. I never had this issue before, jut popped up when I tried using ICS on a different laptop, an IBM thinkpad T42 also using Win7 and connected to the same network via wifi. Again I can connect to the internet just fine on all my laptops, but 192.168.1.1 (for my netgear router) returns "unable to connect" page!!! have verified (via ipconfig) that my gateway ip is 192.168.1.1. I have valid IPs on all the laptops, but cannot connect to router setup page. THX IN ADVC

A:CAN connect to internet BUT CAN NO LONGER connect to 198.192.1.1

The router may be failing. Reset it to factory default settings and try again. If successful you'll need to reconfigure the router. If still unsuccessful you will know that it's time for a replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-internet-but-can-no-longer-connect-to-198-192-1-1.1053739/
Relevancy 62.78%

Yesterday Comcast was down and none of the pc's in our house had internet. I did not know this at the time, so when I was on my brother's toshiba laptop(running vista), the network connection was suddenly lost. As a standard procedure, I disabled and re-enabled the connection, hoping it would be fixed. Then later I discovered it was our ISP's fault.

The next day, the network connection was back up, except the laptop I was using last night couldn't connect. When i I go to "Connect to a network" It says it successfully connected, but I still cannot browse the web. The taskbar icon shows a computer with an X, meaning it's NOT connected. I've tried restarting the laptop, resetting the router, re-entering the network key, and nothing's working.

Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi there I have Laptop will from connect longer HDTV to HDMI no a problem that just presented itself in the last hours I have previously connected my laptop computer to my HDTV via HDMI from Laptop will no longer connect to HDTV the HDMI port on a regular basis but randomly as of last night my laptop will no longer acknowledge that the HDMI is connected to the HDTV I have tested different HDMI cables to be sure they are working properly as well as all ports on my HDTV and made sure the TV was on the correct input I have not done any updates installations uninstalls deletions resolutions changes or anything else that could have prompted this issue I double checked my graphics card drivers which were out of date HDMI from Laptop will no longer connect to HDTV but I was able to update them I have cleaned my registry did a system restore checked for viruses malware spyware power drained and rebooted multiple times On what I would call HDMI from Laptop will no longer connect to HDTV a related note The online game that I play has also started having problems when I run it This started the exact same time that my laptop s HDMI would no longer connect to my HDTV hense the belief of relation The game has become extremely laggy dropping me down to - fps I can drop my video settings down to minimum and be lag free however I have been playing the game on this same laptop for months on the highest ultra settings with absolutely no problems until whatever occurred last night These things lead me to believe it is a graphics card problem I am currently running NVIDIA GeForce M G As I said before I have updated to the most recent drivers and according to NVIDIA s control panel there is nothing wrong I m at a loss what to do from here Any help would be appreciated I d like to forgo wiping and re-installing Windows so other suggestions would be nice Please help Thanks System Windows -bit NVIDIA GeForce M G Alienware M x Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdmi-from-laptop-will-no-longer-connect-to-hdtv.1023605/
Relevancy 62.78%

My Dell Inspiron 1545 won't connect to my router without an ethernet cord. i used to have no problem doing it, but now my computer refuses to connect wirelessly. What do I do to fix that problem?

A:My Laptop will no longer connect to my router WIRELESSly

Welcome to TSG:
You have not given us much to go on here,so let's start with some info:
Let's see this:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Let's make sure that all necessary tasks are running:

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser (computer browser will start when needed)
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
• WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
• Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic
If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-will-no-longer-connect-to-my-router-wirelessly.977937/
Relevancy 62.35%

We had a wireless network set up in our house we have Verizon DSL For the past few weeks the wireless network or the internet would go out every minutes or so for a day then be fine the next day Yesterday it happened so I went to reset the modem and router then our whole wireless network disappeared I m now on someone else s wireless network I went through the setup with our Linksys router and set up the wireless network again today The thing is there s still no internet On the home computer desktop I opened the network connections There is an icon for quot LAN High-Speed Internet quot with it s status at quot connected firewalled quot Then there s another icon for quot Internet Gateway quot with a status of quot disabled connect Can to the no longer internet... Solved: quot Whenever I try to enable it it simply says connection failed I cannot access the internet on the desktop either When I check to diagnose the problem via my laptop I keep getting messages that it is a DNS error and to contact my provider These problems have Solved: Can no longer connect to the internet... been resolved in the past without doing so I m just wondering if anyone could help me determine exactly what is going on or perhaps my internet is just turned off Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

My son was just using his computer last week, it was working fine. He goes to use it the following day and he cannot connect to the internet. We have multiple laptops in our home along with a desktop. We all can connect just fine. We can't figure out what is going on with his. I've tried to reboot, we've tried connecting to the hard line, we've checked out the wireless router and the signal is fine. We've played with everything that we can play with and nothing works. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Everyone at BC,

I have a Dell laptop with Windows XPpro SP3. It used to connect just fine via wireless to the internet. It still connects fine via direct DSL line. The wireless connection does detect wireless servers in range. But whether I try to use a password account or simply a public account, it will not connect. I think that in an attempt to fix the problem myself a few months ago at a friend's house I made some changes to the set-up that have made the problem worse. At any rate, I would like to start with this theory.

If you respond, please give me a couple of days to get back to you.

Thank you!

Firetooth

A:Can no longer connect to wireless internet

Hello,

If you would please post your computer's manufacturer and model number this will help us find the drivers for your wireless card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392495/can-no-longer-connect-to-wireless-internet/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have recently installed a Linksys WRT150N Wireless router to my wired connection computer. I then installed another Linksys product, the USB Network Adapter WUSB300N, to another computer in my house. The wireless was working just fine, until I put my wireless computer into standby mode. I can not connect to the wireless network anymore from the wireless computer, but the wired connection works just fine. I really don't know what the problem is, but any help is appreciated!!!

P.S - I can use 3rd party programs such as Ventrilo and Steam that require internet connection to run and function, but cannot pull up the internet.

A:I can no longer connect my wireless internet!?

When you reboot, does the full functionality come back?

What version and patch level of Windows are you running?

Have you checked the power settings for the wireless NIC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-can-no-longer-connect-my-wireless-internet.673784/
Relevancy 62.35%

My GF told me her computer's firefox wasn't working so no longer internet? properly can PC the connect to I looked at it and found that Internet Explorer and a few other internet programs also weren't working It doesn't return any sort of server not found error on the browsers if I click a link it just seems to do absolutely nothing it doesn't even attempt to load the site I did a full system scan for viruses and malware and found nothing I also verified that the firewall was not blocking connections Windows seems to indicate it's connected to the internet It's on a wired connection to my router I tried resetting the router with no change I know the router and modem work because I am also connected to it via WiFi I looked in the device manager and I saw under network adapters that the Microsoft ISATAP and Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter both had a Code Cannot Start error I have no idea what those are or if they have anything to do with my connectivity but the actual main network adapter reports it's working fine Any clues on what to try next She has Windows Pro SP

A:PC can no longer connect properly to the internet?

The easiest thing to try first; is to do is to click start, accessories, then right click command prompt and select run as administrator. Once you do that type ipconfig /release. Once it releases the internet adapter; do a ipconfig /renew. That might resolve the issue. Also, assuming you have a router; I would try to do a power cycle of both the modem and router. Unplug both the router and modem for about a minute or so; then plug the modem back in first and let that boot fully; then plug the router back in and let that boot fully and see if that does anything for ya. Try one or both of those and see if it works out for ya. If not post back here and we can go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336987-pc-can-no-longer-connect-properly-internet.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I know that this problem has been fixed for some users but it looks like each solution given is limited to the user s PC only since some log files from a scan has to be provided I ve tried to scan for malwares and viruses performed a system restore etc to no avail It wasn t always like this until a few days ago Now only my firefox and Opera works I can t update my anti-spyware programs I can t use my Yahoo Msgr MSN messenger or my download managers Even my IE and Google Chrome do not work anymore At first I thought that my firewall settings has somehow reset itself to block these programs but I checked them and saw that everything was ok I m really confused and frustrated progams no longer can Some the internet to connect about it My internet cable is very ok and there is nothing wrong with it Pls friends I really need help I m counting on you all because the reputation of this site is what attracted me to it Thanks in anticipation I m using a HP ProBook laptop -bit OS gig RAM nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I've been using Windows 8 Pro for a month now and everything has gone smoothly.

However, ever since earlier this week I've been unable to connect to my work's wifi (router), and as of tonight, I'm unable to connect to my house's router. I either receive an error stating it was unable to connect or that the connection is limited. However, if I use my cell phone as a hotspot, I am able to connect without a hitch. What's happening??

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/20471-i-can-no-longer-connect-network-internet.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows will Laptop longer networks. Solved: no connect (secure) to bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Solved: Laptop will no longer connect to (secure) networks. GTX M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC G JX Antivirus Windows Defender DisabledClick to expand So my laptop just seemingly out of the blue with no changes on my part decided to stop connecting to the network I had been on for ages I did the usual to try to fix the problem Restarts drivers disables and enables trying to reconnect to the network but nothing ordinary wants to work The laptop just flat Solved: Laptop will no longer connect to (secure) networks. out refuses to connect to the network at all Not just the internet but the entire network I was able to connect to a similar network from a friend nearby but it only worked temporarily before it stopped working too I tried setting up a hotspot from a working laptop just to see if it would connect to that and it won t Solved: Laptop will no longer connect to (secure) networks. either Whenever I try to connect to the desired original network it tries for a bit the network adapter disables and enables briefly and ultimately Windows says it can t connect to the network The laptop had no issue to connecting to an open network A different laptop and different gaming systems all connected to the network no problem although my phone is being pretty finicky with it but that s been the case for quite awhile now Edit My phone won t connect to it even if I hotspot it from a working laptop which is often what I do Another gaming system a third one also refuses to work What might I look for if I go into my routers settings and tinker about Edit I would imagine that my problem wouldn t just quot clear up quot after a day and a half of non-stop trouble but that just goes to show how much I know about networking in the end now doesn t it My apologies for any wasted time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-will-no-longer-connect-to-secure-networks.1152336/
Relevancy 61.49%

See below for all the computer stats and ipconfig info I recently un-installed Norton Internet Security and installed Panda IS Afterwards I can no longer connect wirelessly it gets stuck on acquiring network address A second laptop using Vista connects to the network just fine I can use a wired connection to the router on the affected laptop I can also connect to a neighbor s network I put the network card to Secure Zone in Panda I use MAC filtering on the router but this network card is allowed The other weird thing though security, Changed connect no internet longer can is that I cannot get any computer to sign in to the router any longer using any connection wireless or wired it never pulls up the login it just hangs there Even though the other laptop is connected to the network on that router wirelessly and working I m thinking I need to reset the router and set it all up again but I don t want to still be locked out afterwards I tried unplugging it and restarting but that didn t Changed internet security, can no longer connect work Any ideas Let me know what other info you need Thanks Dell Inspiron Linksys wireless G with SRX router and network card WPA-PSK wireless connects fine using wired connection to router Windows XP SP Here s what I get from ipconfig Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Jon gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Leroy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd mn comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd mn comcast net Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - F- F- -FB- F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday November A M Lease Expires Saturday November AM Ethernet adapter Preferred Wireless SRX Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Wireless-G Notebook Adapter with SRX Physical Address - - -C -D - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server C Documents and Settings Jon gt nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

I have two laptops - Dell 1545 and an Acer5633. Both use Vista. I have been connecting via an ad hoc network and through the Acer to the Internet. Suddenly they could no longer connect to each other after three days with no problem. Each computer can individually connect to the Internet, but not via the other. I have tried turning off the broadband modem. Tried creating a new network. Checked that internet sharing is allowed. Any help?

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,
I have internet, and with IE it works, but I can't get FireFox to work--suddenly. It was very random. everytime I try and bring up FireFox it says,
'Unable to connect'.
It might have something to do with my firewall, but I'm not sure?
I have Windows Firewall is all, I believe.

Thankyou!
Alice

A:No longer able to get Mozilla Firefox to connect to the Internet?

Hi, welcome to TSF

Click 'File' at the top left of the Firefox window and make sure there's no checkmark next to 'Work Offline'. Click it to toggle on and off.

If that doesn't fix it, go to the Start button at the bottom left of the screen, type firewall into the search box and hit Enter. Click 'Inbound Rules' on the left and see if Firefox is listed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/no-longer-able-to-get-mozilla-firefox-to-connect-to-the-internet-544536.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I was having virus trouble on my laptop and then I ran malwarebytes and it seems to have gotten rid of the virus, but now my computer and browsers will not connect to the internet. I read a way to solve this issue in another forum so I have run the FarBar Recovery Scan Tool and gotten logs, but I need help creating the fixlist log to solve the problems on my specific computer. Can someone help me if I post the results here?

A:After running Malwarebytes I can no longer connect to the internet

Please...follow STeps 6-8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and post the new topic in the forum containing the Prep Guide.

After that is done, this topic will be closed...to avoid confusion.

Thanks .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594794/after-running-malwarebytes-i-can-no-longer-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 61.06%

The other day ran daily virus scanner Trojan was detected Denied and quarantined trojan since than I haven't been able to connect to the internet for longer than three minutes Since than I have ran my virus scanner Ad-Aware and Windows Defender and nothing was detected or found Here is a copy of my latest HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender Internet Longer 3 Connect - Tr/proxy.host.aae.3 Minutes Than To Cannot MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exeC Program Files Common Tr/proxy.host.aae.3 - Cannot Connect To Internet Longer Than 3 Minutes Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exeC Program Files MarkAny ContentSafer MAAgent exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Constantine Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http att yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeO - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot minO - HKLM Run MAAgent C Program Files Mar... Read more

A:Tr/proxy.host.aae.3 - Cannot Connect To Internet Longer Than 3 Minutes

Hi Rated sXe,

If you still need help please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/111343/trproxyhostaae3-cannot-connect-to-internet-longer-than-3-minutes/
Relevancy 60.2%

After removing Win 7 antivirus 2012 virus.. can no longer connect to the internet. followed procedures of running FixNCR, rkill, and mbam and it was gone, but ever since i can no longer connect to the internet either through hardwire adsl or my my router not even tethering if i try and connect through usb on my smart phone...... same happens when i bring my laptop out to general wi fi locations or to my friends homes.... can you guys help me? i get "page can not be displayed messages etc.....

A:After removing Win 7 antivirus 2012 virus.. can no longer connect to the internet

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/434042 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434042/after-removing-win-7-antivirus-2012-virus-can-no-longer-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 60.2%

My laptop has been infected with the Google connect to - longer internet no Virus Can Engine Search Redirect Search Engine Redirect Virus All searches direct me to a generic page with additional Search Engine Redirect Virus - Can no longer connect to internet suspicious links Additionally I get random quot pop up quot tabs while running Mozilla Firefox I have run the following scans several times running RKill before each scan Malwarebytes Full Scan after update and Symantec Antivirus Full Scan after update EAch scan cleaned up other items Search Engine Redirect Virus - Can no longer connect to internet in the first run Search Engine Redirect Virus - Can no longer connect to internet or two but my most recent scans do not identify any items and the redirect continues to occur I do not have a GMER log to post I have attempted to run the scan twice st attempt - after about mins of scanning a quick blue screen flashed was not able to read the message and the computer restarted Windows but Windows returned with the quot classic view quot theme After I restarted the computer it switched back to the quot XP quot theme nd attempt - after roughly mins of scanning the blue screen flashed again The computer restarted Windows again to the classic view theme however this time I was not able to change the theme back to XP I can no longer connect to the internet either Scans performed after these two incidents show no objects to remove Thanks so much for any help that you can provide DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C FW disabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink KeyboardSurrogate exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exesvchost exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEsvchost exeC WINDOWS System tabbtnu exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system LxrSII s exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TCServer exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exeC Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC Program Files Google Google Calendar Sync GoogleCalendarSync exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program F... Read more

A:Search Engine Redirect Virus - Can no longer connect to internet

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. HijackThis logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that it happens. Somethings to remember while we are working together.1.Please do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!2.Please reply to this thread, do not start another!3.Please tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.4.Please tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.5.Please try as much as possible not to run anything while executing a fix.If you follow these instructions, everything should go smoothly.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Gmer is the best but can be hard to get a log lets try this and see what we get.Scan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth, Code Hooks. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/321555/search-engine-redirect-virus-can-no-longer-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an Asus G74Sx laptop, and recently reinstalled Windows 7 64-bit on it.
After the reinstall, everything was working fine. I was happily browsing the interwebs. 
But today, I turned on the laptop and the wifi no longer finds nor can connect to my network. 
I have repeatedly unplugged the router/modem and plugged them back in.
I have updated my wireless drivers from the Asus website. 
I even did a system restore. 

The internet works fine on the desktop, however, it is directly connected, not through wifi. 

A:Laptop No Longer Connects to Internet

UPDATE: Fully reinstalled Windows 7 all over again, completely erasing the harddrive. 
Installed the Wireless Driver so that wifi works. 
When I click on the network I want to connect to, it doesn't pop up with a password prompt. It just fails to connect. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549674/laptop-no-longer-connects-to-internet/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have both a laptop and a desktop, both of which were running Windows 8 until recently, with the desktop not having a wireless internet card. In order to connect it to the internet, I had to pass the internet through it via ethernet cable from my laptop. Well, not that long ago, I updated my laptop to Windows 8.1, and now my desktop recognizes the connection, but I cannot get online at all with it. Is there a simple way to fix this?

A:Desktop no longer getting internet from Windows 8.1 laptop

Try this "medicine": Set up a shared Internet connection using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) - Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53218-desktop-no-longer-getting-internet-windows-8-1-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there - One of my laptops (Acer Aspire 5741) won't connect to the internet, it stopped connecting last night at around 9pm UK time. It shows an ! in a triangle over my Internet Access bars. When I troubleshoot the message is 'Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues'. My Compaq mini netbook is not experiencing any problems though. I have tried resetting the router, removing and readding the home network and checking the security key is correct - none of these have helped. I do also have a VPN from my university which has been installed since April without any problems. Both the laptop and notebook use windows 7 and Firefox. I do apologise if this is not very clear - I'm not very experienced with IT. Thank you very much for anything anyone could suggest. Lydia

A:Solved: One laptop no longer connects to the internet

acer comes with mcafee trial - and mcafee has updated which caused this type of issue
have a read here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1065830-customers-may-experience-loss-network.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-one-laptop-no-longer-connects-to-the-internet.1066436/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone I have three computers connected wirelessly to the same router Two of them are working perfectly and are able to connect to the router via One of them cannot It can t connect to or to any page on the internet Internet Explorer comes up with the message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Firefox gives a similar message Here is the info that I got with ip config all Windows IP Configuration Host Name President-Eden Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed connect Laptop to too to Unable Solved: internet. cannot connect to 10.1.1.1. IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FA- -B - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d f b Preferred Solved: Laptop cannot connect to internet. Unable to connect to 10.1.1.1. too IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A-E - - - - B- A- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - B- A- - DHCP Enabled Solved: Laptop cannot connect to internet. Unable to connect to 10.1.1.1. too Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D ADEE- B - F F- E-C B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E BA-CDDA- -AAEE-C E E br CF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes suggestions anyone thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop cannot connect to internet. Unable to connect to 10.1.1.1. too

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-cannot-connect-to-internet-unable-to-connect-to-10-1-1-1-too.892711/
Relevancy 55.47%

I could really use some help. I've tried so many things and I'm under so much stress I'm near to tears with this. I really don't know what to do. If you have the time please help me.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/my-laptop-would-connect-to-lan-but-not-the-internet-i-did-everything-now-it-wont-connect-to-lan.63944/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone.

I have a desktop PC that connects to the internet with an ethernet cable through charter dsl. I have my friends dell laptop here and need to connect to the internet but when I take the plug out of my ethernet and put it into the back of the laptop it doesn't allow me to connect to the internet. Does anyone know how I can setup the laptop to allow me to connect to the internet using my dsl connection? I only need it to do it for right now.

A:Setup Laptop to connect to internet using dsl connect

IS the DSL box limiting MAC addresses of computers that can connect?
If so you need to add friend's MAC address.
After connecting the laptop did you reboot?
Chances are it will automatically sort itself out after the reboot.
If not, open Network connections Start > Settings > Network Connections,
Fnd the connection that you think should work (the same as on your computer),
Click Properties,
On General tab look for one of the last items, "Internet protocol TCP/IP"
Click on it
Click Properties
It might have a fixed IP address, so change it to Obtain IP automatically
Do the same for the DNS, or do whatever is on your computer.
OK few times and wait a bit. It might work.
If not, post some detail so that someone can help.

You can also post information from ipconfig:
Start > Run, type cmd
on the black screen type ipconfig /all and hit enter
copy the text and paste here

Finally, in the same cmd window try this
ipconfig /release
it will clear the current IP and make it 0.0.0.0
then type ipconfig /renew
in order to get a new IP. I don't think it will work if your earlier attempts failed though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247821/setup-laptop-to-connect-to-internet-using-dsl-connect/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have Wireless internet without no adapter connected directl works Solved: on longer laptop a wireless network set up between my desktop my Suddenlink modem a Netgear wireless router and my laptop Up until yesterday it was working great to where I could use my laptop anywhere in the house Now for some reason or another I am unable to connect to the internet on the laptop unless the wireless adapter is connected directly to the laptop I don t know what I am doing wrong I just want the connection to work again to Solved: Wireless internet no longer works on laptop without adapter connected directl where I can connect to the internet from my laptop from anywhere in my home Can someone help please Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual-Core QL- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total Solved: Wireless internet no longer works on laptop without adapter connected directl - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Inc Mantasta Antivirus CA Anti-Virus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless internet no longer works on laptop without adapter connected directl

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-internet-no-longer-works-on-laptop-without-adapter-connected-directl.1122902/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey all,
I'm going away for a while and am taking my laptop with a USB Internet stick and my ipod touch.

My question is can i connect my Ipod to the internet through my Laptops Wifi (remembering it's a USB Internet Stick).
I know it can be done if you have a LAN Internet connection, but can it be done with USB internet.
Any ideas..

Thanks
Burjo

A:Solved: Connect Ipod to laptop internet using USB internet.

If by "USB Internet stick" you mean mobile wireless, which is my assumption, then it depends on whether the carrier blocks or allows Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). Some people have had difficulty getting ICS to work on USB connections, but it usually works.

You needn't answer, but I am curious as to why you want to do this. I have an iPod Touch that I call my "pocket computer" 'cause I can use it for internet access away from home w/o carrying a laptop; but I don't think of using it when I have a laptop available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connect-ipod-to-laptop-internet-using-usb-internet.987872/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I recently changed my wireless security type from 'No Authentication open ' to turned other cannot laptop laptop One connect off. when is internet to 'WPA-Personal' Encryption type 'TKIP' I did this after becoming concerned about other people outside of my home possibly being able to use my wireless connection and reading up about how to change it There are two laptops in the home and I have changed the security settings for both to WPA-Personal is it better if it is WPA or is WPA-Personal good enough The problem I now have is that when the first laptop is switched off my own laptop loses connection to the internet I did a bit of reading and tried a suggestion to fix my IP address one of the messages I get One laptop cannot connect to internet when other laptop is turned off. is 'invalid IP address' I did this and it hasn't worked I am assuming that I am now connecting to the router One laptop cannot connect to internet when other laptop is turned off. through the first laptop but I do not One laptop cannot connect to internet when other laptop is turned off. know how to change this I would like to have both laptops able to connect to the internet independently of each other Many thanks in advance Andrea

A:One laptop cannot connect to internet when other laptop is turned off.

I would change to WPA-2 and reconnect to the router with the first laptop off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/361453-one-laptop-cannot-connect-internet-when-other-laptop-turned-off.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello First I want to say that I love this site and you guys are awesome This is only the third time that I have needed help and I really appreciate a site like this On to my computer problem My GF s laptop cannot connect to the internet I took a look at it with my limited skillset and still cannot figure it out I checked the internet connections externally first I tried to reset the modem and router and restart the comp but still nothing I then tried to take it to work to try a different modem router the Laptop to connect can't HP internet and still nothing so it has to be something in the laptop The internet connections are available for wireless but for some reason HP Laptop can't connect to the internet the laptop does not complete the connection when either hard wired in or trying to connect with a wireless connection I went into the network connections and sure enough the connection is not complete In the system tray the icon for the internet is there and says that it is connected but the internet is not available When I run the Windows Network Diagnostic Tool it says that the configured proxy server is not responding I cannot connect to the internet to access this site so I am doing HP Laptop can't connect to the internet so on my desktop at home Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-cant-connect-to-the-internet.1039677/
Relevancy 51.6%

My Dell laptop won't connect to any internet connection. LAN line or router. It was working fine then one day just stopped connecting. I have a Dell latitude D610. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Relevancy 51.6%

Our laptop went down last week, we could not get it to reboot. We reloaded the OS last night and managed to get it running again, but we had to re-format the hard drive. Now we cannot get it to connect to the internet...we use a wireless connection for our laptop and it says that it cannot find the required bluetooth devices. If someone could let us know a place where we can download those for free then we can put it on a flash drive and load it onto the laptop. We have a Dell Latitude D810.

A:Laptop can't connect to internet

If you used the old hard drive from the D810, you may have pushed too hard to get it going, but you probably just have drivers problems.
You should go to the www.dell.com website and enter your service tag that is found on the bottom of the Dell D810. ALL Dell driver downloads are free, but it is sometimes tricky to learn how to do it.
Then download and install all relevant driver updates.... there could be as many as 77 drivers, depending on your model and configuration... but only a few (3 to 7) will be needed to fix your system.
If your bluetooth device is a Dell, install it from the Dell site. Otherwise go to the website of the makers of your bluetooth and for the other wireless units that are connected to the Dell.
First time installers can find this a difficult and frustrating process, so you might look for an experienced friend who has the time to help you do the first install.
If you tell us all the components, we can perhaps be more helpful. It would be good to know the service tag, and the brand and model of Blue tooth and Wireless, and your connection to the internet... by brand name and model number of wireless device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cant-connect-to-internet.131494/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey everyone my cuzzin bought a used laptop, but when he went to tmobile to get internet on ther they gave him an internet card but his laptop doesnt have a place to put it???!? He spent 200$ for the internet so wat can he do?

A:How to connect internet to my laptop?

What kind of laptop is it? Is there a make/model number you can give us so we can look up it's specs?

If not, can you tell us what kind of open ports it has? Maybe pics of the sides and back of the computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-connect-internet-to-my-laptop.48462/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I am having a problem with the the internet won't connect Laptop to internet on my laptop It takes a long time to connect to the internet in my apartment block This has been happening for the last month and days before this it was connecting fine I use my laptop in my college and my apartment When I connect to the internet in my college or at home it will connect to the internet straight away When I connect to the internet in the college and then go back to my apartment and connect to the internet it normally connects fairly quick but if I didn't connect to the internet in the college it would take a hell of a lot longer to connect to the internet anywhere from a an hour or two to nine hours During that time it will connect to the router but say limited no internet access and then it will disconnect and repeat How I know something is wrong with my laptop until recently I thought it Laptop won't connect to the internet was something wrong with the router is because I can connect to the internet in my apartment straight away if I use Ubuntu I have Ubuntu on an external hard drive Laptop won't connect to the internet Why is this happening and can anyone help please I don't have access permission to do anything with the router if that's the problem

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey

My brother just bought a computer and had a friend re-install XP on it. Bought it home and couldn't connect to the internet. We are using ADSL and plugging it in to the Ethernet port at the back of the laptop to try connect. Normally connecting it in would make it on the internet but not for this . Basically I want it to connect like a LAN connection but there is no LAN connection showing up in the network connections

What should I do?

By the way...If I choose repair it says TCP/IP is not available.

It shows up as 1394 Net Adapter.

It is a Toshiba Satellite A100 and I can't find the drivers on the Toshiba site

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/146282/laptop-does-not-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 51.6%

My laptop recently fell victim to malware and viruses. So, I booted in Safe mode and ran malwarebytes to delete corruption. Internet worked fine in safe mode in order to download virus removal tool. I then rebooted in normal and now Internet won't work. I am connected wirelessly and hard wired. All other devices in house are using the same Internet with no problems (desktop, smart phones, playstation, xbox 360). The computer is showing excellent strength wirelessly and full connectivity with Ethernet. Have tried chrome, ie8, firefox, and online gaming. Browsers are just saying page not available. Have never had connectivity issues with ISP or with this laptop in the past...please help!!!

A:My laptop won't connect to Internet.

I'm assuming you still have some malware on your machine. I've requested that this thread be moved to the appropriate location.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet.970278/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have new Dell laptop .....it won't keep a connection to the internet (obviously through the phone line, I guess...)

It keeps giving me an "error 70" message: it says there is no dial tone.....but if you plug a regular phone in, there IS a dial tone.

The laptop isn't recognizing the phone connection.....any ideas?

HELP!

Thanks!!

Relevancy 51.6%

i jus tbought a new HP Envy m6 laptop. First few days was working perfectly, untill the wifi icon on the taskbar stopped showing. From now on my laptop will only connect to the internet if it has an ethernet cable pluged in and that is very inconvenient.  I dont know how this happened, is it a driver in need of update or something? Please Help   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-laptop-will-only-let-me-connect-to-the-internet-through/td-p/5709587
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have just downgraded my Sony vaio VPCF13M8E back to windows 7 ultimate from windows 8 consumer preview.

The laptop doesn't give the option of connecting to the Internet through wifi now and also when I plug an Ethernet cable in it still doesn't connect to the Internet

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

A:Help! Laptop will not connect to the Internet

From another pc go to sony.com support>Drivers look up the model number of your machine and version of Windows 7 64bit or 32bit. Download the necessary drivers (Chipset, video, Audio, wifi, NIC (Ethernet Network Adapter) drivers) to a thumb drive. Insert the thumb drive to your computer and access the files on it then install the drivers starting with the chipset drivers reboot after each installation of each drivers.
Sony : VPCF13M8E/B updates | Download updates for VPCF13M8E/B

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-laptop-will-not-connect-to-the-internet-663546.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi
I'm having a problem with my laptop. I can connect to the network, but it says local only and it won't connect to the internet. I've tried it on several different networks but I've had the same problem.
Any help?
Windows Vista by the way.
Cheers

A:Laptop won't connect to internet.

Vista can be very problematic with networking. Do you have the Service Packs installed? Most of the problems were fixed in one of the two Service Packs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-568391.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My husband's laptop won't connect to the internet though we've never had a problem in the past and internet won't Laptop connect to nothing unusual happened My computer obviously has a connection that works perfectly fine This isn't going to sound too technical - I can follow step by step directions on how to fix this and consider myself very computer literate but I'm not very technical with my terms or names and I don't really know how to get into the nitty-gritty technical stuff but I'll do my best His computer is connecting to the router but not the internet and the network and sharing center says it's a problem with the modem as in the modem is not connecting the internet to the router Laptop won't connect to internet As my computer is connecting I thought it might be an issue with as self-assigned IP address which has happened to Laptop won't connect to internet me before I disconnected the modem router and laptop from all power and connections to one another for Laptop won't connect to internet a good ten minutes then hooked them all back up and booted up his computer and it still won't connect This fixed my problem in the past - it had no effect on his laptop Still thinking this was an IP issue I reset the TCP IP settings by running netsh int ip reset resetlog txt in the run box Still no change I finally checked if I could even get a hardwired connection with the router - still the same issue that it was connected to the router but the router wasn't apparently connected to the modem internet which isn't true because I'm still getting a really good connection Finally I plugged the modem directly into his computer and it didn't even detect that it had a connection to anything So now I'm just lost We've unplugged and replugged and turned off and on everything and we've never had an issue like this before Any ideas what might be going on He's running Windows if that helps

A:Laptop won't connect to internet

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellojilly

Still thinking this was an IP issue, I reset the TCP/IP settings by running netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt in the run box. Still no change.

To start with -the computer needs to be rebooted for that to take effect.

Also try resetting the firewall (netsh advfirewall reset).

What firewalls/antivirus programs are you using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-544131.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello guyz, I am using 2 laptops, I am able to connect to internet with one laptop but not with other laptop, both have same configuration, windows 7 os, and ip is automatically assigned... I can see the IP Address on the laptop, and tried with different browsers, but not able to browse any page, and have tried with both cable and wireless. another laptop works fine. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-able-to-connect-to-internet-through-my-laptop.201281/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi im experiencing the same problem laptop wont connect with wired connection but does wirelessly attached are the cmd tests i have hp pavillion dv us running vista home premium bit any help will be greatly appreciated thanks Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows laptop internet my cant connect IP Configuration Host Name puneetsaroa-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List socal rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area cant connect my laptop internet Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix socal rr com Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dc a c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday March AM Lease Expires Wednesday March AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix socal rr com Description Broadcom AG a b g draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - A- -D - -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix socal rr com Description isatap socal rr com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled cant connect my laptop internet Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt Click to expand Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All cant connect my laptop internet rights reserved C Windows system gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Windows system gt ping google com Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again C Windows system gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Windows system gt Click to expand nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys just bought myself a new laptop A dell studio this one http www dell com content product ptop studio c us amp cs amp l en amp ref New to connect laptop won't internet lthp amp s dhs The saleswoman told me that I should be able to make a connection to my regular wired internet connection And she started to lecture me that it is nowadays standard in any pc Well I tried to connect it but it doesn t connect So is this something with vista or something with my connection The specs say there is a rj modem in New laptop won't connect to internet it or networkcard New laptop won't connect to internet or something It s called Integrated network connector LAN RJ on their site So is it my internet provider I have a connection with a glass fiber cable it is mbit up and down and with my regular desktop pc I don t have to do anything but to plug in the cable and I have instantly connection so I don t have to dial something or even enter a password or anything Any help please On my regular pc I use xp and I ve never used Vista so it s quite new to me if it is a vista problem I don t know anything about it This was what it showed http img imageshack us img connection jpg nbsp

A:New laptop won't connect to internet

A few steps to getting your wieless up and running:

1) the no. one problem that people forget to check is that if their wireless button is on, check your laptop for the button or command and make sure it's on.

2)If your router is not connected to your main PC, then do connect it, and set it up, then try your laptop. Normally the wireless router has a set of instructions to follow using its manual CD installation. There should also be a specific i.p address for your router which you can access by typing into your internet browser, even if you are not recieivng any connection.

3)Connect wireless router to laptop, but not best option, and carry out the manual installation from your laptop.

I had a good look at your posted picture, and it is very similar to what a few of my customers have had, but one of the solutions above managed to fix their problem.

Hope that could help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet.124760/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey everyone, i just came home from college and tried using the wi-fi in my house which another laptop and desktop are currently running off off. when i try to connect to the network it connects with limited connectivity but does not allow use of the internet. Also, in the first couple of days i tried it, it started saying that i am connected to the network but cannot access the internet. I do not know what to do to fix this problem. please help. thank you

A:My laptop will NOT connect to the internet? PLEASE HELP

Disable encryption on the router and turn off MAC Address filtering. Try to connect and show ...

(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-will-not-connect-to-the-internet-please-help.717937/
Relevancy 51.6%

We cannot get our laptop to connect to the internet My father-in-law bought a imac G yesterday and he has a year old Dell laptop uses Cox cable for internet He has a D-Link router DI- We got the Mac to work quickly connected directly to the cable modem But we couldnt get the laptop to connect to the internet We called everybody and their mother for tech support and no one wanted to help us The main one was D-link who said that they no longer support this router I know a little about computers and I went thru the basic connect Laptop to internet cannot drill did run CMD release and renew ping it said it timeout so it didnt ping etc Nothing worked On the laptop it shows wireless connection made signal strength excellent On the laptop my father-in-law has Cox security Laptop cannot connect to internet suite It is an antivirus malware program that protects the computer I went in there and play with the configuration and it appeared to recognized the wireless but on the part Laptop cannot connect to internet that is connected to the internet it had a X saying no connection There is not a way to disabled it without getting rid it completely Also i went to the network web page and under WAN it had just zeros on the IP address I was trying to change it but I could not Obviously this is over my head anyone has any suggestions Tia nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I ve been having this problem but not PC, Laptop Internet to will connect for the last couple days I have an Acer laptop with Windows Vista installed My home computer s internet works just fine I don t have wireless so when I would like to use my laptop by connecting the same cord used in the home computer into my laptop it usually works Now I have tried many different ways to repair the problem through Network and Sharing and then configuring the Internet will connect to PC, but not Laptop problems It gets to the point where it asks me to call my internet adminstrators I have never had this problem before now To sum up There is one cord I use from the modem to whichever computer whether it be the PC or my laptop I am a University student and usually Internet will connect to PC, but not Laptop when I come home I can use the same cord by unplugging it from the computer tower and plugging it into my laptop This time it won t connect Does anyone know what the problem could be nbsp

A:Internet will connect to PC, but not Laptop

I always have this problem when switching the modem lead between computers,switching off the modem briefly always solves the problem ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-will-connect-to-pc-but-not-laptop.769087/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an HP laptop and a Netgear wireless N-Router. It was working fine until I decide I want my Nintendo DSi to connect to the internet too. I couldn't get it, so I start changing things blindly, and now, my laptop won't connect. I have no idea what I did, or even if I did anything. I thought whatever I changed I changed back, but I guess not.

By the way, my router is connected to a HughesNet Modem, not directly to the computer. Idk if that has anything to do with it.

But I am very frustrated, and would really like it if I got some answers.

Thank you.
Tommy

A:Laptop won't connect to internet. Please help!

I'd basically start over.
The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.

Note that the wireless encryption and channel selection will have to be done after the basic wired connection is established, the first step is to get wired connections working.

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-please-help.889440/
Relevancy 51.6%

Oh jeez what have I done OK I can connect my Gateway desktop to the internet It is connected through a wireless router to the cable modem I know all of that is setup correctly because I haven t messed with it and all my computer used to connect to the internet I have children that are laptop Can't internet my to connect the constantly messing with my laptop which Can't connect my laptop to the internet is about to be off limits to them so I have no idea what has been done I have tried to set up a new network and wireless networks and all kinds of mess but I know just enough to screw everything up As of now when I click on IE with my laptop it says ie has encountered a problem and needs to close We had a SSID setup called SextonWiFi I can t get it to connect under that one at all It quot connects quot to the preferred network connection called default Well that s what it says when I click on the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility But it s not connecting When I click on View Network Connections on my laptop it has internet gateway and under that internet connection connected Then it says LAN or High-Speed Internet and under that Wireless Network Connection connected and Local Area Connection disabled When I click on View available wireless networks and you see the big box that says choose a wireless network there are no networks It says Windows cannot configure this wireless connection If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection use that software If you want Windows to configure this wireless connectin start the Wireless Zero Configuration service which I can t find I have screwed this thing up really bad Can someone help me please Let me know what to do I can follow directions well I just don t troubleshoot well on my own nbsp

A:Can't connect my laptop to the internet

Hi:Easy things first.Have you tried a router set.Hold reset button in for at least 15 seconds.
You will need to re-configure the router to your current settings after this,so I would log into your router and copy the settings.
If this is XP.WZC can be found in:
Start/run/
type in services.msc
It will be at the bottom.
If that does not work,we will need to see some diagnostic data.Like so.
From a Johnwill post on the Networking Forum

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address> For addresses,follow instructions below&#8230;.

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING www.yahoo.com

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. IPV4 for Vista

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

______

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-my-laptop-to-the-internet.855482/
Relevancy 51.6%

Toshiba laptop won't connect to internet after restart.

we uninstalled avira security suite and when it restarted the internet doesn't work.

We can't view our wireless connection even though we have one currently running.
I did a system restore alot of times still won't work.

Windows XP - Toshiba Satellite

A:Laptop won't connect to internet.

From what you described it looks like you are connected to your wireless router but you are not receiving an ip address. Try doing the following and re-posting your results.

Hold the windows key and the "r" key. You should get a little box in the bottom left hand corner. In that box type "cmd" and hit the enter key. Now you should have a black box in front of you with a blinking cursor. Type "ipconfig" (without the " ) you should get a list of letters and numbers, copy and paste them into your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178999/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 51.6%

My laptop was working just fine. I could get it to connect to the internet off the wireless router at work until a couple days ago. I have two desktop computers that are networked together and able to connect to the internet. I need to get my laptop to connect to the internet and to the other two desktop computer-- documents. I have already tried a lot of things but appearently they do not work. Can someone please help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-will-not-connect-to-internet.112469/
Relevancy 51.6%

OK, I need serious help. I downloaded Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit to my computer to completey make over my computer. What I ended up getting was not being able to connect to a network; my computer didn't even show that there were networks available.

So I went and downloaded the appropriate drivers for my computer; it's a Gateway, NV57H50u.

Yay! My computer starts to show all the wireless networks around me. I go to connect to my school's, type in my username and password AND ..... It says it can't connect to the network. So I troubleshoot it. AND ... Windows Troubleshooter couldn't identify the problem. I tried typing in my log in again ... Didn't work. Tried lowering my firewall protection ... didn't work.

PLEASE HELP
And I know next to nothing about computer, so detailed instructions would probably be best for me. THANK YOU!

A:What's going on with me laptop? Can't connect to the Internet.

You got them from Drivers & Downloads and not any other driver updating software, right? If you did use a driver update software, you should do a complete clean install and install them the right way. Follow Manually Update Drivers in this tutorial from Microsoft: Update a driver for hardware that isn&#39;t working properly - Microsoft Windows Help If you did install the right way, try downloading all the Wireless LAN drivers for your laptop and uninstall the rest of the WLAN drivers once you get one that works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/325664-whats-going-me-laptop-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone, my gf has a dell inspiron i believe 1420 from a year or two ago. She has never had a problem connecting to the internet but lately it wont no matter what. Ive tried everything i know of to do except swap out the wireless card that came biult in with the laptop. My question in either any ideas on how to successfully connect or if not, how hard is it to get another wireless card and swap it out myself. i Have experience with pc's but ive never tried anything with a laptop. thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi There My grandad has a compaq laptop which won't connect to the internet using either IE or Firefox I've checked the network settings and it does pick up the network so I'm thinking that it can't be the Laptop won't connect to internet network adapter I've tried connecting the laptop to the router both wirelessly and using an rj cable My laptop though works on both Laptop won't connect to internet my grandads router and my router So i've covered everything there I think So I was wondering if there was some kind of malware running on the laptop that was preventing webpages from displaying oh yeah IE says the 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' and Firefox says 'Address Not Found' BTW i've installed AVG and that didn't pick anything up either Below is the DDS txt file and the Attach zip is attached Thanks for any help you can provide DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Sykes at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F Laptop won't connect to internet SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP enabled Updated CBB EE - - DAB- B -D C AA E A FW enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files Hp QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files Multi-Direction Opitcal Mouse Multi-Direction Opitcal Mouse ACQTMAPP exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Sykes Documen... Read more

Relevancy 51.6%

I have an HP Pavilion g7. It doesn't connect wirelesly or through Ethernet. When I trouble shoot for the wireless issue it tells me there might be an issure with the driver or wireless network adaptor. 

A:My Laptop won't connect to the internet

Hi: Go to the device manager. Are there any devices listed there with ! marks under the Other devices category such as a Network Controller and Ethernet Controller? If so, click on those and post the hardware ID's for those devices. If you do not know where to find the hardware ID for a device, please read the guide at the link below. http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-Laptop-won-t-connect-to-the-internet/td-p/3054843
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
I am trying to fix a friends laptop from work. I have it on my home network, all my computers are fine. I think the laptop has a virus, I can't static map the IP/DNS, when I enter 192.168.1.xxx, tell me that it is invalid. Anthing I enter does that. I tried to download Norton scanner, but when I install it, it tells me that I already have Norton 360. I can't un-install Norton 360, tells me file not found. I ran Malwarebytes, nothing found. I am running Adware now, so far nothing found. I an getting funky DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%2. I would really like to get this resolved without formatting the hardrive.

Thanks,

Steve

Relevancy 51.6%

I have the cable directly plugged into the computer, but I can't make it see or configure a DSL connection. Where do I begin? It's a DELL Laptop Precision m65. It's running XP.

A:old laptop can't connect to internet

Well, first off, lets go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager are they any devices with any yellow flags? if so, these devices need to have drivers installed. Go to the Dell Drivers site and download the drivers for your Network Adapter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/old-laptop-cant-connect-to-internet-654771.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an Acer laptop that I use to connect wirelessly to my WIRE Home Portal SW router DSL modem It has connect Cannot the to on my laptop. internet been working fine for a long time and now I cannot connect to the Internet I CAN connect to the router but when I open IE or Firefox they cannot find a server Google The same thing occurs if I connect to the router directly with a network cable So neither wired nor wireless connections work I know for a fact that the modem Cannot connect to the internet on my laptop. is working because I have another computer connected to it Wired and Cannot connect to the internet on my laptop. it can browse the Internet fine I also have a Palm TX that has a wireless card and I can connect to the router with it and browse the Internet with no problem I disabled Zone Alarm Internet Security and it did not help I use msconfig to restart the computer with just windows services running and that did not help I downloaded the WinSockFix tool and used it No Change What could the problem be Thanks nbsp Cannot connect to the internet on my laptop.

A:Cannot connect to the internet on my laptop.

You have to do more than disable Zone Alarm. You have to remove Zone Alarm, and reboot.
Then later when the fix is in, you can reinstall it.
Now, go look at your device manager for errors, red or yellow flags in the network and ethernet adapter lines.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-the-internet-on-my-laptop.108563/
Relevancy 51.6%

Well my Laptop is a inspiron n5110, its pretty new. THe problem i am having started on and off, Out of nowhere it would say that my computer has lost internet connectivity in the little wireless strength bar icon, then it would gain connectivity a couple seconds or minutes later. out of the 4 people who live here it is only my laptop... but now my computer can't connect to the network at all wirelessly.. at the moment im all cramp up connected to the router by ethernet cable since this is the only way i can get on the internet. The weird thing is its only this connection, when i go home to my real house the wireless is flawless. im a college student who is renting a house with room mates... anyways any help would be appreciated thanks!

A few thoughts:Interference can be a big problem with wireless networks. How far the computer is from the router, whether you are behind walls with metal studs, microwave ovens nearby, cordless phones in the vicinity. If no connection, try to reseat the wireless adapter card.You said the wireless card worked "at home." Check that wireless card still works on another network nearby.You could check the manufacturer's website to see if there is a firmware update for the router.In case of corrupted drivers, you could go to Device Manager, right mouse click on your wireless card, and uninstall; reboot computer and they should be reinstalled (best to have a copy of these from manufacturer's website in case you need manually reinstall them).Go to the Dell website and enter your computer's tag number to see if there is a newer driver available for your wireless card.Try disabiling security software (anti-virus, firewall) momentarily and see if the connection improves. (Be careful where you surf with this software disabled)Make sure the router Is password protected.If the connection is weak you could take a look at WLAN Optimizer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432178/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all

My laptop simply won't connect to the internet, via wireless or via ethernet. It can connect to the router but it will only give local access, this is the same across all routers I have attempted to connect to so I know must be a problem with the laptop.

Things I have tried;

- Disabling & re-enabling the wirelss card
- a few netsh commands in the DOS window
- disabling Windows firewall

I am now out of ideas and any help would be very much appreciated.

For info the laptop is a HP Compaq Presario CQ70 with Vista SP1

Regards

LB.

I assume you tested the cable and router port with another machine so that you KNOW they work?

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Let's see this as well with the cable connected to the router.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet.898531/
Relevancy 51.6%

XP Operating System
Model number PSAA8U-02000U
Toshiba

It will connect with broad band or wireless connections.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys my laptop isn t able to resolve a wired network connection Repairing doesn t do anything winsock fix didn t do anything and I can t find any other way to fix it Here s the ipconfig Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Devin gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DevinLaptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local to internet connect Laptop can't Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - - A- -C -A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Devin gt Click to expand Connected through a Laptop can't connect to internet port ethernet hub and a comcast gateway Doesn t work even when i bypass the hub Just got the laptop back from a friend who was using it at his network could that have messed it up nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello please refer to Tech Support Guy connect the internet will Laptop to not previous thread http forums techguy org virus-other-malware-removal -wifes-computer-locking-up-running html for detailed information on what has happened so far We solved the problem of computer running slow and locking up and it runs great now But in the process we somehow created another problem where the computer will not automatically or manually connect to the wireless network for internet service Here is what we have been doing to manually fix the problem We go to the Device Manager and Uninstall the Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter and then reboot When the computer reboots Windows automatically reinstalls the Adapter driver and then the wireless network is working properly for the rest of the day But when we shut down the computer at night we have the same problem then next morning where and have to repeat the above manual fix We have been doing this daily since the last quot Solved quot date of the previous Tech Support Guy thread as shown but today this manual fix will no longer work and we can t connect to the wireless network at all We continue to get the error quot Connection to wireless network was unsuccessful quot amp quot This computer currently has limited connectivity to RJOHNSON quot where RJOHNSON is the computer s wireless network I m using my desktop computer to post this thread because the laptop will not connect to the internet at all So any help would be greatly appreciated I have tried a few Laptop will not connect to the internet fixes I found on line but none of them worked Laptop will not connect to the internet nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-will-not-connect-to-the-internet.1104563/
Relevancy 51.6%

Yesterday I was doing research for a Biology paper when and I clicked on a search link and won't Laptop HELP! connect internet! to PLEASE it took forever to load and wouldn t let me exit out so i Laptop won't connect to internet! PLEASE HELP! just opened a new search window and continued searching then it finally loaded and came up saying that windows firewall had to install something or something along those lines i don t really remember and i ve gotten viruses before and was scared that it was one also so i just shut down my computer and booted it back up and it worked fine for the rest of the day then i tried booting it up today and now it won t detect wireless networks and won t connect to any either and i even stood right next to the router hoping it would detect it and it still said wireless networks unavailable i really really hope this is an easy fix because i just got a virus removal a few months ago and would hate to go through the process again please please please someone help thanks EDIT Moved from XP forum to more appropriate Am I Infected Hamluis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/313262/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-please-help/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a dell laptop and a Netgear router WGR614. The laptop will connect to internet via a unsecured network. I set up a secured network. But the laptop will not connect to it. I am using the WEP config Still won't connect? Help thanks drronaldg

A:laptop will not connect to the internet

Try using WPA. What are the EXACT symptoms of failure to connect? What version of Windows are you running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-will-not-connect-to-the-internet.867707/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm new to wireless networking as I just recently bought my first laptop. I've managed to set up a wireless internet connection through a router. Now we have a new laptop at home and I want to connect it to the internet as well. I am not sure how to this, so I need help please.

Thank you in advance.

A:How do I connect a new laptop to the internet?

Hi:Generally speaking,if your wireless adapter is on,you can search for available networks.
Your existing home network should be listed.
Select it.Then connect.If security enabled,enter your password and you should be on.
If you are asking how to network this new laptop into your existing home network for resource sharing,that is a different matter and we would need to know the Systems involved

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-connect-a-new-laptop-to-the-internet.937095/
Relevancy 51.6%

okay so me and my brother just got new laptops when we tried to connect it to our computers wireless internet and it worked fine for my brother he only had to type one thing in but mine asked for a username password and a logon domain we think we know what what the username and password is but we have know idea what the logon domain is...

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:laptop won't connect to internet

Go to start>run>cmd. Then in the command prompt type ipconfig/all. Log into the router, and on the LAN, miscellaneous, or Tools page it may list the log on name.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet.815843/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have a acer aspire 3680 laptop that won't connect to the internet. It says it can't connect to the internet, and I think that's due to some missing drives. I don't have the cds, so I have to look online. The thing is, the device names are all common like "PCI Device". I was going to use a wired connection, but the laptop does not detect it. My current computer I'm typing on works. My other laptop works, but not this. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. I have Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2. Thanks.

A:Laptop won't connect to the internet

Link for your drivers at Acer website, http://us.acer.com/acer-v2/service.do?Lang...;CRC=2054404012If I didn't know what drivers I need...I would download all of these and put them on a CD.I would take that CD back to my system with the mysterious drivers missing...and try to update the drivers for each item in Device Manager that needs drivers...using that CD. Actually, I would move the driver files from the CD to my hard drive...before I attempted to update items in Device Manager.The LAN driver is the wired NIC driver.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/237132/laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently bought a HP Envy 14-2050ED laptop
It connects to my modem/router but does not make a connection to the internet.

all the other devices in the house (other PC, iMac and iPad) are working fine.
My laptop can connect to the wireless network of our neighbours (which is not secured) but not to our own network.

Anybody here any ideas what might solve this problem?

A:HP laptop not able to connect to internet

Does it throw a dns error?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211288-hp-laptop-not-able-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have taken the DSL cable out of my PC and stuck it in the back of my laptop running XP Profesional. The laptop is now connected to the cable modem just as my PC was. When I try to connect to the net I get error message "can't connect to the remote computer...." Most grateful for any ideas....

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a compaq Presario 700 with 2 routers one is connected to the modem the other is connected to my laptop that is running windows xp and needs a access card which i do not have. I connected the laptop via eithernet cable then tried getting online with the old laptop but all i could do was get into the router but it show that i have a connection how do i solve this problem?

A:How can i get my laptop to connect to the internet?

You don't need two routers. Use the router connected to your modem if it's wireless and plug an adapter like this into your laptop. When you boot the laptop, it should find the network from your router. If you gave it a username and password, enter it when asked, and you should connect. http://www.walmart.com/ip/NETGEAR-N...message edited by grasshopper

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/how-can-i-get-my-laptop-to-connect-to-the-internet/203561.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hi guys

My problem is My laptop connect (wireless and wired )to modem and get ip and dsn and good signal but not connect to internet .
this modem tow laptops connect to it and it's connected to internet without any problem.
if i connect with another modem in same house it's connected to internet very well ( i use msn and browsing).

i made ping and every thing but still not working .
when i want connect to msn it cannot get dns and key ports.
Recive packets is not work very well ( very slow ) send it's working good.

This huge issue i cant solved

A:laptop not connect to internet

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-connect-to-internet.774482/
Relevancy 51.6%

The laptop is a Packard Bell EasyNote MX with 1.6 Ghz Intel duo processor and 512 MB RAM. Its a fresh and clean version of windows xp and nothing has been changed. i tried connecting to my wireless network in the normal way by going to control panel and then network connections and then search for wireless networks....then it asked for the network password or WAP and i entered it correctly...after that it just kept on saying that it was acquiring a network address but nothing else...i tried to repair it but no success in connecting to the internet. does anyone know why this is happening or what can be done to fix this?

A:laptop cant connect to the internet...

Follow this Microsoft Support article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914440

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199617/laptop-cant-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am aware this is a fairly common problem from the sheer amount of googling I ve done but my case is a VPN to internet connect via via USB via my not Can the LAN laptop bit different which makes solving it from other people s help a bit difficult I have a TCM modem which I ve Can not connect my laptop to the internet via LAN via USB via VPN connected to my PC via USB In order to get internet connection I must connect to a VPN with my user name and password and then I can freely browse the net as I am doing at this very moment Recently a laptop was introduced to the system but I am experiencing difficulties integrating it into my network I have Can not connect my laptop to the internet via LAN via USB via VPN connected a CAT from my PC to my laptop ran the wizard on both machines and shared the VPN connection After a coupld of reboots connection was established and I Can not connect my laptop to the internet via LAN via USB via VPN was able to access the internet from both But then I ve foolishly unplugged the LAN cable so that I can pass it under the table When I ve plugged it back in the laptop tried to reconnect failed to acquire an IP address and is unable to connect to the internet ever since I ve tried repeating all the steps I ve done above without success What did I break when unplugging the cable Thanks Itamar nbsp

A:Can not connect my laptop to the internet via LAN via USB via VPN

Without knowing the characteristics of the VPN, this is indeed difficult. Most VPN clients don't allow any other network connections, so I'm somewhat confused as to exactly what this configuration is. What kind of ISP requires a VPN, that's a new one on me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-connect-my-laptop-to-the-internet-via-lan-via-usb-via-vpn.784073/
Relevancy 51.6%

i bought an ACER laptop lsat week and when i tried to connect to the internet a little balloon apears and it says ' No or Limited connection' im kinda new at this but already tried to repair ip adresss and it still wont work also tried turning of firewalls and all that stuff, ........... ow and im connecting straight to the modem no router and crap.... just wanting internet nothing less nothing more can any1 help me please!!!!!!!!!!!

A:new laptop will not connect to the internet

You might need a cross-over Cat5 cable maybe? Never really had this problem when connecting directly to the modem. Have you tried plugging in the modem into another computer to see if it works?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-laptop-will-not-connect-to-the-internet.38649/
Relevancy 51.6%

Please kindly help Thanks Operating System Windows Home premium It is my sister's Laptop by the way Her laptop will connect to the Router via wireless but will display quot Limited Connectivity the to cannot connect internet. Laptop quot When I open Network amp Laptop cannot connect to the internet. Sharing Center on her laptop the internet map didn't show up The thing which should be seen as quot View your active networks quot is showing instead quot Unknown quot In it shows quot The dependency service or group failed to start quot I also tried wired connection but to my surprise it doesn't work This is really confusing I tried several command prompt commands Code ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log hit they won't work Need more help P S The screenshots show two different aero themes The one that is black is my laptop the one that is pink is my sister's laptop P S I also found out my laptop was able to grab more wireless networks than my sister's

A:Laptop cannot connect to the internet.

Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings > Right Click on Local Area Connection and click on Properties. Double click on TCP/IPv4.
Make sure Obtain IP Address Automatically & Obtain DNS Server address automatically is selected.

If that doesnt work, Right click on Local Area Connection and click on Diagnose. See if Windows 7 is able to detect the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278007-laptop-cannot-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I think that my laptop may have been infected with a virus I can not connect to the internet receiving cannot display the webpage I know my wireless network is good as I have other devices on the same network that are connected Could someone please help me out I feel so lost without my laptop Here is the information requested DDS Ver - - - NTFSx connect to internet Laptop will not Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by nequita at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB - F - A -B Laptop will not connect to internet - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy Laptop will not connect to internet exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Ask com Updater Updater exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files iWin Games iWinTrusted exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings nequita Application Data U DC F A LaunchPad exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ytbb exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page RR com News Sports Email TV Listings Videos - Road Runner uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearch Page hxxp www google com uWindow Title Road Runner High Speed Online uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www toshibadirect com dpdstart uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll mURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - No File BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla DLASHX W DLL BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office offic... Read more

A:Laptop will not connect to internet

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan/rootkit.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please refer to Microsoft's Online Safety article for tips on creating a strong password.

Do not change passwords or do any transactions from the infected computer until it has been cleaned.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

If there are any personal files, pics, etc. on your computer you cannot live without, back them up now just as a precaution.

Emergency Backup Procedure - Tech Support Forum

Download ComboFix and the Microsoft file to a USB drive on another computer and transfer the files to your desktop.

Please download ComboFix and Save it to your Desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

First, we need to install the Windows Recovery Console.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery(repair) mode, if needed. This allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. Also, ComboFix will not address certain types of malware unless the RC is installed. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Download the file from this Microsoft page:

Download: Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 Utility: Setup Disks for Floppy Boot Install - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Do not be concerned that this file is for SP2 if you have SP3. It will work just fine on your system.

Save it as it is originally named to your Desktop.

Now close all open windows and programs, including all antivirus and antispyware programs. Get help here

Then drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it. Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Recovery Console.

As part of installing the Recovery Console, ComboFix will begin to run. Your desktop may disappear. This is normal. It will return.

ComboFix will now automatically install the Windows Recovery Console onto your computer, which will show up as a new option when booting up your computer. Do not select the Windows Recovery Console option when you start your computer unless requested to by a helper.

Once the Recovery Console is installed, this blue window will appear:

Please continue as follows:
Close/disable all antivirus and antispyware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Get help here
Please click Yes to continue sca... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-will-not-connect-to-internet-651602.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hello having a problem with the internet connection on a hp pavilion dv - laptop was working fine a couple of weeks ago then just stop connecting to the internet via wirless tried a LAN cable and still internet connect will to hp laptop not is saying that it cannot identify the IP address was reading previus posts and this is the hp laptop will not connect to internet result of hp laptop will not connect to internet the ipconfig all C Users Jessica gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jessica-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink hp laptop will not connect to internet RT b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address - -F - F- C-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e d a d db aa Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -CE-F - - F- - D- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - F- - D- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C BC- C- E -B D - FD B F CD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D -CDD - - - E DE CE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes also tried pinging the ip address which resulted in general failures device manager is saying the adaptor is working properly but any sugestions will be helpful thank you nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Laptop is a IBM Thinkpad 600x, has a Encore Wireless Pc Card, and I also have a Hawking router.

I currently use a Desktop that's hooked up to a Speedstream modem. An "ethernet" yellow wire runs from the harddrive to the modem, and also a phone jack is plugged in to the back of the modem. I have DSL.

What do I have to do with the router or how to I set it up so it sends signals to the laptop, and is the Pc card all I need installed into the laptop?

A:How do i connect this laptop to the internet?

Just a wild guess, but did you think of looking at the installation directions for the router?

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on. The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-connect-this-laptop-to-the-internet.792242/
Relevancy 51.6%

So today I turned on an old Inspiron laptop that has been sitting in my closet for a few months. It won't connect to the internet. It finds the wireless router, I type in the correct password, and it just says "Unable to connect to _____". I have been googling around looking for solutions to no avail.

Obviously my router and modem are working because I am able to get online on this computer. I have verified on this computer that the password is indeed what I thought it was, so the password isn't the problem.

I am running XP service pack 3.

Thank you to anyone who can help me!

A:Old laptop will not connect to internet

Does the internet work if you plug directly into the router? If so, your wireless adapter may be bad. If not, try running virus and malware scans to be sure that it's not an infection that's blocking your network access.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/old-laptop-will-not-connect-to-internet-507691.html
Relevancy 51.6%

ok, im having a big fat problem connecting my laptop to the internet! i have a wireless router.. and i have another laptop which connects fine!..although the one that connects has built in network card and is brand new, and the one that doesnt work, is almost 8 years old and has a plug in Belkin G+ mimo card (i think?)..
anyway when connecting it gets stuck on aquiring address.. and then shows up as limited or no connectivity..
i havnt a clue on what to do..and have been trying to research.. and i just get bombarded with all this IP address, default gateway stuff.. and i dont understand any of it!!
Pleasee someone help!!