Windows Support Forum

Solved: Potentially serious exploit for Java server software!

Q: Solved: Potentially serious exploit for Java server software!

http://blogs.oracle.com/security/2011/02/security_alert_for_cve-2010-44.html Note that the impact on desktop systems should be 'minimal' so home users need only install Update 24 (which fixes this problem) when it is released next Tuesday, 15th February.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Potentially serious exploit for Java server software!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Potentially serious exploit for Java server software!

This is supposed to be fixed by Update 24 which was released yesterday. If you allow Java to update automatically you should already have it, otherwise you can get it from here; http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_manual.jsp?locale=en&host=www.java.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-potentially-serious-exploit-for-java-server-software.980055/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have been working on setting up a Minecraft server for a couple of days now and I cannot find a way to get my friends outside of my network to connect connect my to can't My server friends Minecraft I know I gave them the right IP address and I have tried several solutions with no luck I can however connect to the server from other computers connected to the same router but I think that only works when I have it set My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server to quot cracked quot mode I tried disabling my firewall on both my host computer and my router using a different computer as the server host and changing the port All solutions I have tried gave the same message to my friends quot Cannot reach server quot My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server when I was able to connect just fine Here is some possibly useful information Host computer It s not the best -OS Windows XP Professional SP -Processor Intel Pentium GHz uni-core -RAM MB -IP Address Minecraft Server -Version jar Router -Type Wired Wireless -Brand Cisco -Model Linksys E -IP Address -Router Information Firmware Version build Apr Firmware Verification e c b ec c b c ceb Current Time Fri Jan Internet MAC Address FC CB -Internet Connection Connection Type Automatic Configuration - DHCP Internet IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS DNS DNS MTU DHCP Lease Time Hour If there is My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server any other information you need please tell me nbsp

A:My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server

You need to forward some ports (router settings) and then open incoming port in your firewall (OS settings). Start here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-friends-cant-connect-to-my-minecraft-server.175806/
Relevancy 21.5%

A few months ago I made a minecraft server and it worked perfectly. Today I tried to join with external ip and it didnt work but I could before.Is it something important? Is my server working? Is it the router's problem?
I would appreciate any help as soon as possible

Btw my ip is 46.12.115.127

A:Minecraft Server Problem

@ 13:50 PDT I can not ping that IP from Southern Calif.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/minecraft-server-problem.212628/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello everyone
so I have gameserer hosting website
and all my server I rent them from some website
now I have 2 server in my home but I will sell it
and I want to buy new one
but I don't know what is the beast part I have to get it ?
should I get E5 or E3 ? and 1cpu or 2cpu ?
I will host on it some game and its MineCraft and some other game from valve
the other game from valve is
Counter 1.6,scours,go
Garry's mod
Team Fortress 2

so what is the largest server can I have so I can host as many as I can on it ? and about the price I don't care to much on it so if you can just give me something good
I think I will host at less 20-30 servers on it

so what can you advise me ?

A:Bulid servers for Game-Server

Well I would do some researching on what people use for their servers because I don't have much knowledge personally on game servers. What I can provide though is insight on how the parts differ.

A Xeon E5 is based on a completely server-oriented architecture while the E3 is supposedly just a more high-quality binned i7.

I would read up more on server hosting requirements/what is best more in depth than I did below, but the consensus seems to be that the E3 or E5 is fine with lots of RAM. Keep in mind, the E5 can have twice as much RAM as the E3. Another thing to keep in mind is whether the game is multi-threaded or single threaded and the tick-rate of the server. If you have more players and the game is multi-threaded (Minecraft isn't for example if I am not mistaken), then go for the E5 just to be safe.

I was researching online about the CS:GO server requirements and came across this forum post and they linked to this dedicated server wiki page. Since Garry's Mod, CS:GO, and TF2 run on the same engine, the requirements should technically be the same. Minecraft isn't really too demanding either so you should be fine basing the server on Source games. Here are the requirements for a Minecraft server. It seems to me like the servers don't need much horsepower.

Here is another useful forum thread that will provide the best insight.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bulid-servers-for-game-server.208926/
Relevancy 21.5%

I am deeply sorry to post this silly question but here is my problem:
Recently I made my mc server, I port-forwarded the 25565 port and my friends joined and the server worked perfectly. Then all of a sudden, they disconnected all at once. After some investigation I realized that my external ip adress had changed. I kept giving my friends the new ip adresses every time they changed but that seemed like not the best solution. Also I checked and my ips are static. I have some screenshots containing the problems and info here.

I used PortForward Network Utilities to make the ips static and every one is static and the external ip keeps changing. Is there a way to stop the external ip from changing or no?
P.s. DHCP is not enabled on LAN.
Sry for my derpy tech language if you don't understand anything just ask

A:My friends get disconnected to my Minecraft server

Okay, that is a legit issue. Your external IP address is provided by your Internet Service Provider. It seems as if they either have it set to switch IP addresses constantly, or they're doing that just to you to prevent you using a server unless you pay more money for a static IP. My local provider refreshes my IP very rarely, but I have had it happen in the past and it did confuse me for a bit. Call up your ISP about the problem, and see if you can figure out a way to stop it. I wouldn't imagine it adding too much more to your internet bill, but I honestly don't know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-friends-get-disconnected-to-my-minecraft-server.208559/
Relevancy 21.5%

I'm curious if there is any open source proxy-server-like software out there that I can use to accelerate web surfing. Amazon's Silk browser/platform for the Kindle, and Opera Mini do this for mobile clients; I'm mostly thinking about setting this up for laptop / desktop clients, so I'm not so interested in having a server render a webpage.

My setup is this: I have a few clients (my computers), on a high-latency internet connection. I have access to a relatively private server, which has an extremely fast internet connection.

Would setting up a proxy server on the server [machine] actually help connection speeds? I imagine things like Silk and Opera Mini compress data (don't send the same thing twice), and reduce the # of HTTP requests (for images, etc.). Would something like squid actually have the same effect? It seems to be targeted at the slow-website-server scenario.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-one-set-up-a-proxy-server-to-accelerate-web-browsing.207907/
Relevancy 21.5%

I am trying to set up my Windows Xp computer as a VPN server I have taken the initial steps I get to the Accept Xp setup VPN hanging server Windows incoming connections screen and click okay The computer hangs for about a minute or so and then comes up with the following message Incoming connections depend on Routing and Remote access Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging service which was unable to start For more information check the system event log I presumed I had to go to control panel performance and maintenance Administrative Tools Event viewer I have already made sure that Routing and Remote access are enabled as well as Telephony I could not find Netbios in the services list and don t know where to Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging look for it Also when I try to start Routing and Remote access service manually I get the following message Windows could not start Routing and Remote access on local computer For more information review the System Event Log If this is a non-Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to the service specific error code- Can some one give me a step by step walk through of how to resolve this issue so I can connect to that computer from work over the internet nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-vpn-server-setup-hanging.207658/
Relevancy 21.5%

Every time I shut down my Inspiron 15 using windows 8.1 when I boot back up I get an error message proxy server not responding when I try to go online. I then have to go to the connections tab of internet options and click lan settings and uncheck use proxy server for your lan. Is there something I can do to get around having to do this every time I boot up?

A:Proxy server not responding

Never mind, I researched microsoft's website and reset ie settings to solve the problem,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/proxy-server-not-responding.207513/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I am playing around with Server 2012. If I want to have a laptop configured for "at office use" with option to go on site, what would be the best way to do that in order to retain access to shared locations on server that is "at office"?

Should I create a standard windows account unrelated to my domain controller, and have them VPN regardless if they are in office or on site? Or is there a way to have a laptop configured for domain use, where it will still be functional (local computer use) on site outside of the office, even without internet connection (I know you can's VPN without it).

Thanks

A:Best way to set up local and remote user with Server 2012

Well this is kind of interesting. You can in fact use a domain laptop away from the local network as long as you have logged into int once on the domain so it can cache your password for future log ins. Now comes to the more difficult part of your question's. Accessing files remotely while not online, you can set up what is called offline files. Offline files will give you acess to your files away from domain network. So if you choose to do offline files any changes made to the file while away from the domain controller where you shares are set up will have to be synced once back on the domain network. So if you make changes to lets say docA while off domain network, once you get back to domain network you will have to sync offline files to the server to update any changes you have made. This set up would not require offsite network but can bring problems when syncing once you reconnect on domain. But now lets say you have the same shares and now you have multiple individials with the same access to the shares. Say you make changes to docA and the other person makes changes to docA while offiste. Once you both reconnect and sync to server you could have issues with data such as duplicate information or doc merging. VPN would be the best option for sure....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-set-up-local-and-remote-user-with-server-2012.206403/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,

Wile I am in the posting mood. Just thought I would ask the question. Is it possible for me to host/and play a call of duty server from my laptop or desktop?
When I was younger I played games like the delta force collection of games. And could just go into the game, click host server. And then gradually people would join my game as they seen it on the lobby.
Is this possible with any of the call of duty games for PC? I assume it needs some network configuration
If anyone could help me do it I would be really gratefull. I have my Nat port configured to open. But I would like to host a server and have it free for anyone to join

Thanks
C

A:Hosting call of duty 2 server

Has anyone any advice on this? :/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-call-of-duty-2-server.206731/
Relevancy 21.07%

This mobo got me wondering, packs alot of specs :
18 SATA ports (10 are SATA3 ports from the Intel X99 Express chipset, 8 are SAS ports stemming from the LSI SAS 3008 controller) and five PCI-E 3.0 x 16slots for 4-way graphics cards! 600$ motherboard for some serious business, I think this would be ideal for a video editing workstation..

A:Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

I'm probably one of the few that uses the ASRock Z87 Extreme11
There is always a market for their Extreme11 series boards. I use mine for a bounch of stuff gaming, media server, video editing with all 22 SATA ports even 2way SLI. Might be a bit over kill 4 way SLI but who knows...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ultimate-server-workstation-mobo-asrock-x99-extreme-11.206694/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi,

I'm using a Huawei Mobile Broadband E303 and I've been having this problem for 6-7 days now Ples halp
It was working perfectly fine before but now the speed wont go past 60-70kbps.
My current operating system is windows 7 ( V 6.1.7601 )

I've tried using it on other laptops with windows 7/xp/vista as their operating systems still the same problem except for my brothers laptop which runs on windows 8. and dont tell me that this Thing wont work because its not compatible with my operating system, because I've been using it for over a year without an issue.

My ipconfig shows:
Mobile Broadband adapter Mobile Broadband Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7450:69bc:7a3e:fee8%57
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 172.22.155.137
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.252
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.22.155.138
And when I try to do nslookup:
C:\Windows\system32>nslookup
Default Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8

The default server shouldn't be that thing. please help. Nor the address

Edit: I've tried Uninstalling the Program which came with the USB.
I've tried calling my ISP, with no problems on their end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-computer-seems-to-be-correctly-configured-but-the-device-or-resource-dns-server-not-respondin.206332/
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 21.93%

I m looking to build a tower server from scratch that ll support - incoming connections to a game that will be hosted on this server Budget - I m planning on running Linux on this PC it ll run graphics are unnecessary as this PC will serve only as a server Server Building a PC also the saves for the players don t take a lot of memory so I won t be needing a TB harddrive I ll be planning to upgrade the system in the future to support more users List of items I m looking at Intel Core i - k Crucial GB x D - DIMM Gigabyte GA-Z -HD ATX LGA Samsung E GB EVO SATA quot IPSG LG X DVDRW SATA OEM IPSG Carbide Series R Case EVGA NEX G W GOLD PS Subtotal UEZ Sales Tax Total This is a price quote and recommendation I Building a Server PC got from a sales associate from MicroCenter NJ What I m wondering is would these components be enough to support a hosting server of - people with minimum lag If the playerbase of the game increases would I be able to upgrade the system to support more players Would it be better if I bought a Server Motherboard that ll support more processor for future purposes Are there anything cheaper that I could use to start off with and upgrade to in the future nbsp

A:Building a Server PC

Servers don't need heavy hitting processors. The primary resources are memory, networking and file I/O

The 120GB drive is minimally acceptable, although if I were building a server, I would have at least two drives,
one for the server and the other for the data being served. Performance would be better and either drive could be
replaced/upgraded without disrupting the other - - also improves your backup media consumption.

Let's talk networking. Is this a private server for just LAN connected users or do you intend to have Internet connected players?

* hosting server of 20-30 people * in a lan based server says you will need a good switch connected to the router for wired users OR an access point for wireless

* I suspect you are intending a public server with Internet users {upgrade the system to support more players}.
You should read your ISP End-User-License-Agreement; unless you purchase a private IP address & Domain, the ISP typically forbids your hosting anything. They will cause you and your users all kinds of issues, such as limiting bandwidth and randomizing your public IP address.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-server-pc.203794/
Relevancy 20.21%

Just to be and Nvidia AMD: Features vs. Software clear I want NO ARGUMENTS This is a reasonable discussion The conflict between the two major GPU developers is as old as I remember and while the obvious answer in which is better depends on how much you want to spend and various subtleties in manufacturing Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software and releases the two generally leapfrog each other with every release I want to discuss what in terms of software support features and game coding each has over the other Lets start with what almost everybody knows Nvidia release drivers every time there s an actual update not the regular monthly update that AMD tend to do and while this probably results in better Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software updates it can mean a long time between problems getting fixed waiting for small fixes because a Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software big bug takes a long time to patch Nvidia have also developed the G-Sync for monitors which I barely know anything about - kind of the point of this thread a can anyone shed light on how this performs I ll update this top post as others provide feedback AMD s Mantle technology is becoming more and more widespread in new releases especially as AMD make more deals with game developers While my AMD GPU is too old to benefit from the Mantle updates it is doing well in trying to convince me to get AMD as my next card as well Again can anyone provide feedback on how the newer AMD cards perform on the Mantle-enabled games Cheers guys nbsp

A:Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software

ETF Soldier said:

Just to be clear, I want NO ARGUMENTS. This is a reasonable discussion.

The conflict between the two major GPU developers is as old as I remember, and while the obvious answer in which is better depends on how much you want to spend and various subtleties in manufacturing and releases, the two generally leapfrog each other with every release, I want to discuss what, in terms of software support, features and game coding, each has over the other.

Lets start with what almost everybody knows:

Nvidia release drivers every time there's an actual update, not the regular monthly update that AMD tend to do, and while this probably results in better updates, it can mean a long time between problems getting fixed (waiting for small fixes because a big bug takes a long time to patch).
Nvidia have also developed the V-sync for monitors, which I barely know anything about - kind of the point of this thread, a can anyone shed light on how this performs? (I'll update this top post as others provide feedback)
AMD's Mantle technology is becoming more and more widespread in new releases, especially as AMD make more deals with game developers. While my AMD GPU is too old to benefit from the Mantle updates, it is doing well in trying to convince me to get AMD as my next card as well. Again, can anyone provide feedback on how the newer AMD cards perform on the Mantle-enabled games?
Cheers guys.Click to expand...

Firstly I think both companies release drivers at pretty regular intervals at this point, every major game release at least entitles a beta driver minimum.

Your speaking about G-Sync I believe. It works very well for what it is which makes the monitor and GPU communicate together to change the refresh of the monitor live to match the output FPS in order to keep the game seeming as smooth as possible with no lag, frame tears, etc. Its an excellent piece of technology but you pay a 250+ dollar premium for a monitor with it minimum. Right now DisplayPort 1.2a added this to the VESA standard so now it can be done on monitors without the specific G-SYNC module however AMD is the only one to support this in the future when they start appearing but its still going to require some work from the monitor companies. G-Sync is awesome for high resolution and high refresh setups where stability is a bit harder to achieve.

BF4 with Mantle and surround going (Ill have my Asus UHD monitor today to try) is able to maintain easy 60 FPS ultra and thief is the same way. Those are the only two mantle games I have tried as I have not gotten around to getting one other game that supports it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-vs-amd-features-and-software.203796/
Relevancy 21.5%

Right first things first to mix it up a bit, I've started a minecraft server on an LINUX based operating system, I've followed all the steps that have been required to start the minecraft server and so on, I've portforwarded everything (something else about it comes up later) And done everything it has said to do. I've run minecraft servers before so I do know how they work

HOWEVER, Because I still want to keep the portforwarding on my main computer so that I will be able to host other things from it, I changed the minecraft server to 25566 and since doing that no one has been able to connect to it. The only way I can connect to it is the internal address:25566 and nothing else. Other than that it does not work at all.

Yes I have put the correct IP in
Yes I am using the external IP to connect to it but it won't allow me to join with the external IP address even if I put :25566 after it.

Any suggestions?

A:Require help on a minecraft server

You said you've port forwarded it. Then you changed the listening port on server. Did you also change the port forward rule on router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/require-help-on-a-minecraft-server.203254/
Relevancy 21.93%

I cannot get online whenever I try I get the following message in a software Update box. The server is unreachable. Retry the request. When I access network connections, the broadband connection symbol has a x over it, and there is this message. This connection is not available because there is a problem with your modem is network adapter. Can anyone offer any solution please

A:Server unreachable

Try to update the driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-unreachable.201529/
Relevancy 21.5%

I know the parts are overkill for what I will be using it for to serve media to TV phones and pc s it will also back up my pc s weekly file server and questions Home server ftp sync to an offsite location I will be testing things like active directory and VMware because I use these are work but I cant really mess around with them to much there The server is will be running Windows Server R or R I haven t made up my mind yet I want to be able to leave the server on but have it go into a sleep mode until something is requesting data from the server over my lan or internet I know how to do this but I don t know if its good to do with RAID these are the parts I m using If you have any questions please ask me anything Fractal Design Define Mini http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital Red NAS Hard Drive WD EFRX TB x in RAID http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Rosewill TACHYON- W http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Mushkin Enhanced Blackline GB x GB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ASUS GRYPHON Z LGA http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Intel Core i - Haswell GHz http www Home server questions newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Adaptec RAID T http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E SAMSUNG EVO GB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Home server questions

Have you got a UPS? What's your question.

Also can you please tell me how you do the sleep mode? WOL when something requests access?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-server-questions.200648/
Relevancy 21.07%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello. I am a complete newbie to server administration. At my current job, I have been tasked with setting up a deployment server. The server is a Windows 2008 server and is not connected to the Internet. The server is a domain controller on its own domain (different from the main domain my job uses). How would I connect this server to the Internet without disrupting other users on the network? By disrupting, I mean connecting to my server instead of the main server for DNS and DHCP. The server has Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, DHCP, and WDS roles set-up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-server-to-the-internet-without-disrupting-other-computers-on-network.200167/
Relevancy 21.5%

I m working one replacing our file server at work The one we currently have was built around and is starting to show its age So I m thinking new server time The server will be for a copy shop that specializes in house plans and construction plans We store lots of large pdf and tiff files Also have a full service sign shop so lots of Illustrator and Photoshop files - may of the raster graphics are New server file FreeNas quite large ft x ft sign dpi takes up a lot of space New FreeNas file server The server will need to connect to - computers at any one time with upto printers amp copiers active on the network at any one time I already have a fairly decent switch with one port having gigabit Ethernet that the file server will be plugged into and there reset of the ports being megabit Ethernet ports of the files we work with are storage on the file server - form house plans to large commercial building plans to customer artwork and designs for both small format printing and large format They are loaded modified saved and printed while on the server I strongly discourage anyone storing files locally as there are no backups on the individual computers only on the file server Both local and through Crashplan Anyways onto the hardware I already have the process from another project that didn t pan out Intel Xeon E - V Ivy Bridge GHz Mobo SUPERMICRO MBD-X SCL-F-O Case Fractal Design Define R PSU Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG- M W ATX Ram Kingston GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR Server Memory Model KVR D E SK G HDD s Seagate NAS HDD ST VN TB x I plan to put the HDD into a Raid-Z which should give me about TB of space I have built several gaming computers and graphic design computers before but never a server I think I have a fairly good built here but would certainly welcome input from someone with more experience in this area than me nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-freenas-file-server.200039/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello
guys please I need your help, my laptop keep saying
Unable to connect to the proxy server what can I do to fit it please

A:Unable to connect to the proxy server

You are getting this message because the laptop can't find a wireless network to connect to...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-the-proxy-server.199618/
Relevancy 20.21%

Just upgraded form my old EVGA Superclocked GTX 570 to my new Palit GTX 770 Jetstream 4Gb, had to fanny around a lot with my Antec 900 case to get the beast to fit but everything seems fine now, card idles at 30-35c. Underload at around 65c. However the overclocking/temperature control software that came with the card, Thunder Master just does not quite seem up to par with EVGA Precision. Can anyone tell me if I can continue to use EVGA Precision safely and without any adverse effects with this Palit card because I just cant seem to get to grips with this Thunder Master. For some reason it trys to allways achieve 70c.

A:Temperature control software

andy06shake said:

Just upgraded form my old EVGA Superclocked GTX 570 to my new Palit GTX 770 Jetstream 4Gb, had to fanny around a lot with my Antec 900 case to get the beast to fit but everything seems fine now, card idles at 30-35c. Underload at around 65c. However the overclocking/temperature control software that came with the card, Thunder Master just does not quite seem up to par with EVGA Precision. Can anyone tell me if I can continue to use EVGA Precision safely and without any adverse effects with this Palit card because I just cant seem to get to grips with this Thunder Master. For some reason it trys to allways achieve 70c.Click to expand...

My recommendation is to use MSI afterburner for your temperature controlling needs and overclocking. It is non-biased and will work with any video card no matter the type, whether its amd of nvidia, and who made it.

Link here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temperature-control-software.199318/
Relevancy 21.5%

Afternoon Ladies & Gents!

I've spent a few hours on researching this topic. I can't seem to find what I'd need.

Currently I'm looking for a solution. I have about 50 franchised offices. We've played a TV in each of them. Is it possible to put a device in each office and have a "Server" type device to push content over a VPN to them? Also naturally display this on the TVs.

Any comments or points in a direction would be much, much, appreciated.

Thank you!

A:Client-Server Media Streaming

Perhaps a Slingbox would work for this?

http://www.ehow.com/how_6187809_multiple-viewers-slingbox.html
http://www.slingbox.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/client-server-media-streaming.198059/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have started to route CAT e cable to make a wired network I have a server running Server a custom desktop running windows laptops running windows I have the modem and the wireless router in issues to connecting network Having a server the library I have the modem connected to the internet port of the router and one of the loads is connected to a wall jack that Having issues connecting a server to network connects to a cable that runs about feet to its termination This termination is connected to a Having issues connecting a server to network port switch Having issues connecting a server to network The server is connected to the switch directly Based on my understanding my server should have access to the internet and my network should have access to my server With this setup I have full internet access on every machine but the server and I cannot access the server from any computer I have hooked up the server to a second wireless router as a load and was able to successfully access it through the second router but there is no internet The network on the server shows up as Unidentified Limited Access when directly connected to the switch Has anyone seen this before or have an idea to fix this issue nbsp

A:Having issues connecting a server to network

Load? It'd be easier if you drew a diagram. Some of the info is missing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-issues-connecting-a-server-to-network.197147/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi!

I remember when I first lost my Motorolas original CD, I couldn't find the software anywhere to be downloaded and no one that i knew had a motorola rzr mobile phone...

I found my old cd here a few days ago so I made an .iso file of it and uploaded it (as 13 .rar files, the file max size is 50Mb).

Here it is

Tel me if the link doesn't work or something.

http://cid-e198cc24bf261f09.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Motorola Razr?permissionsChanged=1&1

A:Motorola Razr v3 drivers and software

Yep that works for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-razr-v3-drivers-and-software.159146/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello,

Where I work we need a need new server. I am not really a expert in hardware so I hope you can give me a little help choosing a fitting server, I will use a template with answers to help you understand what's needed:

1) What is the available budget?
Up to 2500? (3380 USD, 2094 GBP).

2) Which tasks will the server execute?
GPS analyses which is pure heavy computing. The amount of reading and writing to the disc is moderate. Internet traffic is low.

3) There is any preferred brand or there is any that is out of question?
Any reasonable brand.

5) Does the size of the server matters?
Should be a standard rack.

6) There are any specific requirements (interfaces, storage etc)?
- 8 cores (1x8 [preferable] or 2x4)
- 16 G byte memory
- 4 Tera byte disc
- fast CPU

I hope somebody can help me with some suggestions.

A:Buy new server - suggestions needed

I would refer to this good article.

This seems like a pretty good server for your specifications: http://goo.gl/1rIcjH.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buy-new-server-suggestions-needed.196717/
Relevancy 19.78%

Good evening fellas The Problem This is an issue I have never run into before on numerous builds My computer wont reset from pressing the reset button or through software reset I was able Computer wont reset (Hard or Software) to get through windows installation by pressing the power button and powering back up This is when I noticed a second issue My computer wont boot to windows with the USB mouse and key board plugged Computer wont reset (Hard or Software) in Front panel or back panel its just a black screen It will post with the USB mouse and keyboard plugged in as I am able to press F to get into bios I tried rearranging the front panel connectors on the mobo running with only the power button hooked up running with the front pannel usb hooked up and looking around bios for any relevant settings cant find anything there related to boot Once in windows I test my hardware by playing about hours straight of AC and doing burn in tests with no errors I am at a loss The Background I recently bought Computer wont reset (Hard or Software) a replacement mobo and power supply to replace a pair that fried due to moisture I bought a new case because I fell out of favor with my old case that had a window pane and led lights and I upgraded my ram to gb x gb modules Essentially I only kept my TB HD DVD-RW Video Card and CPU I tested all of the hard ware I kept in a friends system he let me use for the purpose and those components all burned in well after about hours of benching and burn in testing with no errors The Hardware Mobo Asrock N C-GS http www asrock com mb NVIDIA N C-GS FX CPU Phenom X BE GPU Pallet GT Sonic Edition http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM GB PC http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E PSU Raidmax Hybrid W Modular http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Computer wont reset (Hard or Software)

A strange problem indeed.

Triple check your wiring is correct using your motherboard manual. Be sure the motherboard is mounted correctly on the standoffs and no grounds are occurring.

Faulty buttons on the case itself?

Reset bios to optimal defaults, clear cmos.

After that I would return the mobo.

Sorry I cant be more specific, Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-reset-hard-or-software.196539/
Relevancy 19.35%

My computer battery was replaced by a family member and when I boot up my PC which took about 10 minutes instead of 30 seconds. I noticed that the 2 harddrives were displayed in the bios as raid drives. The 2 harddrives are SATA. However in Windows when I right click on My Computer and select Manage then Device Manager they appear as NTFS format.

I sure that this configuration has something to do with response.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to restore my raid drive back to 2 harddrives under NTFS without loosing my data. I would prefer a software tool or a step by step solution since I am not comfortable with manually making changes to computer settings.
Thank you for your advice in advance to this frustrating problem
Regards
Ntracs (Joe)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/converting-raid-harddrives-back-to-ntfs-with-software-tools.196141/
Relevancy 21.5%

I read online that some people, while making their server build, had to drill holes in the case's back plate or just buying another case. I was just wondering if with this case and motherboard, I would have to drill holes because I know that with server motherboards there isn't really a standard. Thanks to anyone who helps out!

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147155

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813182182

A:Server Motherboard with case help

You need to find a rack that can support E-ATX motherboards (extended ATX). Do you need a rack? Or is this just a workstation?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-motherboard-with-case-help.195224/
Relevancy 21.93%

I posted this before with no answers I also posted this somewhere else with no answers lol So I m going to try more time I bought a motorola cpx series server at a auction I had no idea what it was and now I know it s a telecommunications server Although I really know nothing else about it I can t find any info on it anywhere either The tech that pulled it told me it works great just a with telecommunications What server ? to do out dated for What to do with a telecommunications server ? the state to use and if I don t have the equipment to use it it would make a awesome computer case lol I have no idea how to use this or even make it a computer lol I m alil techy I have built computers but What to do with a telecommunications server ? that s about all I know Looks What to do with a telecommunications server ? like this http thumbs ebaystatic com d w m mfQ ZtZGCaIxXoxNR I have posted on other forums for help and got nothing ANY help would be great thx If you have any questions or need to know anything about it I will answer what I can thx for the help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-to-do-with-a-telecommunications-server.194219/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello all members,
I was searching for dedicated server for one of my clients and whenever I find a new host, I try to test dedicated server speed by downloading sample files. Recently, I have tested atlantic.net dedicated server speed, but how can I be sure that this speed will remain the same for my client's after buying?

FYI, here is the link from where I have tested dedicated server speed:

atlantic.net/dedicated-servers/dedicated-server-speed-test.htmlClick to expand...

A:Dedicated server speed test

Hmm; would appear that you are referring to a network bandwidth test.
However, as I write this Atlantic.net is DOWN - - ping just gets 110% timeouts.

This link has some reviews you might like to see.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dedicated-server-speed-test.192319/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello Guys,
I am looking for list of Public DNS server which like powerful one and I find a list like that:
(Powerful means that I like to have DNS server which should be fast, reliable, high speed and always available)
But I want more, anybody has idea how can I find more?

I am looking forward to hearing from you guys

Thank you so much

Yohann

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/public-dns-server.193245/
Relevancy 20.21%

See the description in full on the Cisco.com/security site

A:Multiple vulnerabilities in Cisco ASA software

I read about this yesterday. This is a big exploit and needs to be fixed. Too bad there are too many newbies that wont know how to update the firmware or arent even aware of this issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-vulnerabilities-in-cisco-asa-software.191502/
Relevancy 19.78%

I want to buy a laptop to run professional recording software. The minimum requirement is an Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.67GHz. Can I use a quad core with less speed. What are my options?

Thanks

A:Help understanding minimum processor requirements for recording software

Is there a trial version of the software for you to test on your current system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-understanding-minimum-processor-requirements-for-recording-software.191471/
Relevancy 31.39%

We had:

1) 1 Windows Server 2003 running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 workstations.

We now want to have:

1) 1 Windows Server 2008 R2 server running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 same workstations, with their same user profiles.

So I joined the 2008 R2 server to the domain, and then used the dcpromo tool to make it a domain controller.

Problem is, whenever I take the old server offline, (the 2003 one) everything flips out, logons are slow, and the 2008 server gives people trying to access shared files weird errors like that the server that authenticated them cannot be contacted, and asks them to log in again with their username and password before accessing shared files on the server.

What did I do wrong? I must be forgetting something.

A:Replacing a Windows 2003 AD DS server with a 2008 R2 AD DS server

1. Transfer all FSMO roles to your 2008 R2 server
2. Uninstall AD on 2003 server
3. You can now permanently take 2003 server offline

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-a-windows-2003-ad-ds-server-with-a-2008-r2-ad-ds-server.189290/
Relevancy 21.5%

So computer A(brother) has hosted a minecraft server. Computer B(Me) can connect to it from the outside world. Computer C(Friend) can not connect to it, Also outside world. Computer B is 45 min away where computer C is a 45 sec walk down the rode, same ISP. Any help? We all would greatly appreciate it. Also so same thing is happening with a Teamspeak server, Computer A host, B able to connect, C still nothing.

Note: computer C can get on other Minecraft servers and other Teamspeak servers.
Thanks alot

A:One computer can connect to Minecraft server, another can't

If computer C can connect to other severs then most likely the problem lies in computer A. Check firewall rules, try disabling computer A's firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-can-connect-to-minecraft-server-another-cant.188700/
Relevancy 19.35%

My computer running Windows Ultimate -bit can no longer access my Western Digital Caviar quot Black quot TB hard drive that s connected but I suspect my data to still be in there so I wonder what data recorvery tools people have used and recommend This is one of the additional drives to my operating system C drive It has been formatted as NTFS and been working fine for several months until with recommendations Data format, from drive please lost recovery software a week ago Now it appears as the E drive on Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please My Computer as originally configured but the volume label is now blank I used to have that named as quot Media quot When I double-click on it to Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please enter the drive I get the Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please error message quot E is not accessible The parameter is incorrect quot In Computer Management -- gt Storage -- gt Disk Management the drive appears but it s File System is now indicated as RAW rather than NTFS I have tried using Active Partition Recovery and that successfully lists my drive with the original label name quot Media quot and as NTFS and also lists the folders located at the root of the drive which is why I suspect my data to still be in there and recoverable However when I use this tool to do a full scan of my disk it freezes after scanning MB There are tools out there with varying reliability so whch ones do people here recommend another tool I trired I forget its name was scanning my disk but prediced days to go over the entire TB so that s out of the question I have been told to use a tool that can recover files onto a separate disk rather then try to repair the original disk and risk losing more of the original data Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please

Oh crap. Something like this happened recently to me when I had backed up some data to an USB thumb drive. It worked fine for awhile, then some weeks later, my PC just couldn't read it anymore (kept saying "disk in drive needs to be reformatted/etc"...and the properties for the drive also showed it as RAW format instead of FAT32 like it would have been usually).

I think the issue is drive corruption, which seems to be fairly common with external devices like USB drives, but odd in the case of an internal drive. The remedy for me was to try to access it from a different system, which was easy since being a USB stick I could try it elsewhere easily. If you can use another system to access the drive, preferably a Linux/Ubuntu based one; it is likely your best bet to recoup the data before its lost permanently. An external HDD kit would be ideal, and they are quite cheap also.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-from-drive-with-lost-format-software-recommendations-please.187901/
Relevancy 21.07%

So we have a server at one of the places I work that is a domain controller and DNS server website domain server controller pointing DNS to of instead address as well as an smtp server The domain is named companyname com The website is you guessed it companyname com Now why they set this up like this I don t know but because they have every now DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address and then the DNS server decides to point companyname com to the domain controller and ignore the fact that I have a www Host A record pointing to the web server s external IP address and a record saying DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address that DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address companyname com should also point to the web server s address The problem seems to stem from that when the server reboots for updates it of course forces the DNS server records to update and it puts an entry in there that contradicts my static records with the domain controller s local address in for companyname com Can I force it NOT to put a certain entry in there or rather not update a certain entry that it has in there Or can I force it to treat my static records as primary I m fairly new to this as I ve not dealt with this issue before and I m out of ideas nbsp

A:DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address

Hmm; for the External DNS accessible to the web

create a CNAME for www.company.name
create another for dns.company.name.
each pointing to unique IP addresses
this dns ONLY supports publicly available services; NOTHING internal

the Domain Controller should have a SEPARATE DNS, internal to the LAN, not accessible to the Web.
Internal users configured to -> internal DNS which performs recursive lookup to your ISP's DNS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-server-pointing-to-domain-controller-instead-of-website-address.187372/
Relevancy 22.36%

Recently I set up a server just for what I thought was fun of doing it. but now I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with it. I don't necessarily want to sell it, but I need to do something with it so its working for me rather than me working to keep it up and running.

(for a do it yourself project I don't see it being worth anything/attractive to anyone else. if it is I'm not sure how to go about selling it. this would be terms of how to make it appear attractive to a potential buyer, if I could ever find one.)

A:What should I do with my server?

You could have all your desktops and laptops back up to it on a regular schedule. Can also store all your media on it and then buy the smaller faster SSDs for current systems.

Perhaps some more information about your other computers and networkable devices is needed before a very good answer can be given.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-should-i-do-with-my-server.185843/
Relevancy 21.93%

Please help!!! I give my friends the exact IP and it says "can't reach server" On my computer it works perfectly. They try direct connect and it doesn't work either! I've tried unblocking the windows firewall.

Minecraft Version: 1.2.5

Operating system: Windows 7

A:My friends can't get on my server

More then likely you need to unblock the ports on your router. **Updated: I assume this "server" is your minecraft server as you stated minecraft, the ports I listed are for minecraft**

If you are familiar with unblocking ports on the router then Unblock ports: 25565(TCP) and 25565(UDP)

If you are unfamiliar, you may need to look up a guide for your router. Or tell me the model you have and I will do my best to help you unblock the ports.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-friends-cant-get-on-my-server.181867/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi I got from a friend his old computer that according to him it wasn t working anymore The MB its a Gigabyte GA- I p-G I got it running My idea for the computer is to use it as a small media server to stream to my tv s Now HDD motherboard IDE regarding about Home SATA question server & here comes the Home server question about motherboard regarding IDE & SATA HDD question this motherboard has Home server question about motherboard regarding IDE & SATA HDD IDE ports and SATA ports Can I use ALL of the ports I want to get it fill with HD s to save all my media thats why I am asking Will it work with all the ports full I dont want to spend money in a entire new computer right now I dont know if it can work with all IDE used plus adding SATA HD I want it to end like this IDE GB HD MASTER DVD DVD-RW SLAVE IDE GB MASTER GB SLAVE SATA TB SATA TB I am Home server question about motherboard regarding IDE & SATA HDD just missing right now the sata HDD s and plan on buying them but I want to be sure I have the manual but it doesn t say anything about conflicts or something do you guys know anything about it Here is the link for the MB specs and manual http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid sp nbsp

A:Home server question about motherboard regarding IDE & SATA HDD

I recall comments re mixed IDE + SATA but don't recall the specific reference.

What should work is:

bootable system on one device (eg IDE)
storage device(s) shared (eg SATA)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-server-question-about-motherboard-regarding-ide-sata-hdd.184490/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have been doing research on purchasing 4-bay+ external RAID enclosure for myself. I have done research on software vs. hardware raids for this system, but one question still eludes me; so I am going to ask it here directly.

If I buy software RAID enclosure I will have to use some included software to set-up my raid. So, if I take my enclosure to another PC and plug it in (let's say eSATA) I will not be able to read the data, correct? If I get true hardware raid, the raid set up will be on the build in controller so I will be able to take the enclosure from computer to computer, right?

And since TS has new poll feature lets try it out...

A:Hardware vs. software RAID on 4-bay+ RAID enclosure

Regardless of whether you use software or hardware RAID, the enclosure will work whatever you plug it into. The only thing that might not work is connecting an individual disk (used as part of the array) into a device. It all depends on whether the device in question can read the controller used for the RAID set up.

For example, I ran with RAID 1 for two 2TB hard drives in my PC, but I can connect one of them to the same device as a non-RAID disk -- which I successfully did when the RAID broke down for an unexplained reason.

However, it is unlikely to work in a computer, and you should approach it as not working at all in anything but the RAID enclosure. It's also worth pointing out that splitting RAID disks in such a way could corrupt the data. Given that pretty much every decent RAID enclosure worth its salt will include gigabit ethernet at the size you're looking for, availability shouldn't be an issue across your LAN.

Hardware-based RAID arrays are also more reliable in operation, and have the extra benefit of being recoverable in a controller failure by replacing it with the same version as before. Software RAID's are less reliable, slower performing and in the event of a controller failure can be difficult to bring back online.

Basically, when it comes to RAID arrays, don't skimp on cost. The better the quality/controllers the more reliable and better performing it will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-vs-software-raid-on-4-bay-raid-enclosure.185358/
Relevancy 10.75%

I was bored the other night so I No output reassembling parts video good solved after -- decided to assemble some parts I had laying around into a working system It was late and I d had a couple beers so I wasn t at my best I had some trouble installing the Hyper but finally had it all together and wired up It seemed to boot up fine all fans spinning both drives spinning but no output to video I knew that all parts came from a working system tried another No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved monitor tried a video card cleared CMOS reseated RAM no video Took it all apart and examined the mobo looking for shorted spots and cracks nothing I could see was wrong Went to bed had nightmares about electromagnetic pulse weapons testing randomly destroying computers all over the world Got up determined to fix a computer that shouldn t be broken installed the CPU and Hyper No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved again noticed that this time it lined up the screws much easier and didn t press the heatsink as tightly - looked at the instruction illustration again and realized I had the X bracket on wrong before quot breadboarded quot it and the video works Put it all back in the case testing at each step to make sure it was still getting VGA output It works fine now The extra mechanical force applied by the X bracket being wrong was enough to stress the CPU or the mobo to the point of throttling the video output somehow So for all you others who had the same problem no video after re-assembling good parts which Googled up in the hundreds this is one thing you might check When installed properly most coolers will twist a couple of degrees without too much trouble If it s rigidly immobile like mine was last night with X bracket installed wrong then something s wrong The lesson learned here is don t drink and attempt to build a computer even if it s only beers in hours nbsp

A:No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved

I guess you could say...
The shlt hit the fan.
ok, terrible pun, I'm sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-after-reassembling-good-parts-solved.185193/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi all this is driving me nuts Fresh windows SP setup Problems Server on 2003 reading USB HDD 2TB x Buffalo tb external USB hard drives It worked for me a few day ago with no problems I was able to read and write Yesterday I went to configure backups and this is what is happening Drive detected in device manager in disk manager comes up as basic disc with partition of GB but doesn t say NTFS and so has no drive letter when clicked Problems reading 2TB USB HDD on Server 2003 on properties getting error message quot The operation canceled due to an internal error quot If I try format partition diskman locks Problems reading 2TB USB HDD on Server 2003 up I can delete partition ok Tried creating a small Gb partition but still having same issue I can read USB memory sticks ok All hdds are behaving the same way on server All are perfectly workable on another computers W XP I have tried re-installing chipset drivers - didn t help The only major change I can recall since it was working - ESET Antivirus was installed but I don t think it could be a problem Please Help nbsp

A:Problems reading 2TB USB HDD on Server 2003

Usually you will need a 64 Bit system to be able to read any drive with a total compacity of over 500 gigabytes. If possible I would suggest upgrading to Windows Server 2012 in order to fully take advantage of your TB drives.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-reading-2tb-usb-hdd-on-server-2003.184297/
Relevancy 21.93%

I want to make a gaming server with a micro Atx motherboard , but I'm not sure what I would need the most . I mean money being tight , should I look for 1 that holds alot of ram or just settle for 1 that hold 8 g or so. Also with Processors being so high should I get a AMd quad or would something smaller work. This server will just be for me and my friends , maybe 20 ppl at the most. I talked to a guy about it before he told me I needed at least a quard core and over 8 g of ram, and 500g hdd. I guess I'm just maken sure before I spend the money.

A:What should I look for in a server motherboard?

There is a server class of motherboards but I don't think that is what you are looking for. Building a PC with server class parts can get very expensive. I see no reason why you would need a server class PC to play games, unless you wanted a motherboard with two/four CPU sockets

Questions:

What is your budget?
What types of games will you be playing?
How many monitors and at what resolutions will you be using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-should-i-look-for-in-a-server-motherboard.184663/
Relevancy 21.93%

So, say, I wanted to make a certain website in the UK think I was in the UK. Theoretically.

How would I go about doing that?

A:Proxy server

gwailo247 said:

So, say, I wanted to make a certain website in the UK think I was in the UK. Theoretically.Click to expand...

Yet subject is PROXY SERVER; which is it? Please describe your intent - - btw: Physicality is not relevant here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/proxy-server.184016/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a minecraft server, but I can't forward the port with my router. I believe the issue lies with the "LAN port" option. I don't know what to put for that.

I have a Netgear 7550. Can't seem to find any information on the router from netgear. My ISP is ATT.

A:MInecraft server port forwarding help

did you see the TUTORIAL on the subject? . . . if not, go to that forum and do some reading

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/minecraft-server-port-forwarding-help.184159/
Relevancy 20.21%

So about once every 30 minutes, my keyboard, disconnects, and reconnects. Like it's being unplugged, and re-plugged back in. It is not the keyboard, or the USB port I am using. I have tested it in several different USB slots, but the same problem happens. It is software related. And is bugging the living hell out of me. I have reformatted and the same exact problem happens. And my friend has the EXACT problem but with his mouse.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have googled the problem and searched, but nobody has a real solution.

Thanks!

A:Keyboard software issues?

Some relevant system specs-

-Running LEGIT version of Win7 64bit
-8gb ddr3 Corsair Vengeance 1600
-ASUS P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77 Chipset
-Intel Core i7 2600k
-1tb 6.0gb/s 7200rpm Western Digital HDD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-software-issues.183811/
Relevancy 21.5%

I am experiencing the problem described below responding not DNS server Primary is I got an internet from provider which is LAN cable sticking from the wall - and it works fine when I connect via LAN cable - when I write the IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway and DNS servers on the LAN adapter and create a PPPoE connection with username and Primary DNS server is not responding password I want to do the same but wirelessly I have an ASUS RT-N LX wi-fi router - and connected the cable from the provider to the WAN slot on the router Then I have accessed the router from my laptop http - and configured everything as it was on my laptop IP Adddress Submask Default Gateway DNS DNS Wireless network works fine Primary DNS server is not responding the default gateway is pinging - but DNS Primary DNS server is not responding servers are not accessible As a result no internet connection available Moreover - when I want to ping the DNS ping - I tries to get a response from other location but no response from there Any feedback hints comments will be greatly appreciated I have spent days for it but in vain THanks in advance nbsp

A:Primary DNS server is not responding

192.168.1.250 & 192.168.1.10 have been configured at one point in time to be the dns servers set in the router. Obviously they do not work now... I would recommend changing them to maybe an open dns ip: 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220, or even google's dns of: 8.8.8.8

Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/primary-dns-server-is-not-responding.181946/
Relevancy 21.07%

So my girlfriend and I have been playing MC for a while now on my server (separate households) and no problems have occurred until now. I have not changed any settings of the server or my router settings, but now all of a sudden she gets a "connecting......." message with a follow up "failed to connect" error. My port forwarding is fine, and so is the ip address I am giving her to connect.
And ideas to what may be wrong here?

A:Another classic Minecraft server connection issue

Ok, this one has been blank for a few days so I'll take a stab at it!

So you are hosting a game on your pc that your gal connects to. You have port 25565 forwarded to your pc running the MC server. You have given your gal your real world ip address so she can connect to your server. When she connects she gets a "connecting..." error. Have I got all of this correct?!?

Assuming all the above is correct, here's what I think... More than likely your ISP gives you a dynamic IP address, meaning it can change from time to time. To make sure you know what your "real world" outside IP address is, go to: http://canyouseeme.org/ this will give you the correct "real world" ip address. While you are there, check to see if the port is open for MC. Have the MC server running before hand, go to http://canyouseeme.org/ and type in port 25565, the website will tell you either "success" they were able to connect, or "fail" they were not able to connect. IF you get success then you have everything configured correctly on your end it may be something on her end - if not, then it's something on your end. Make sure your gal is connecting to that IP, on port: 25565 inside of MC. MC may or may not ask for a port number, I'm not 100% sure on that one because I do not play MC. IF she is still getting the errors, she needs to check her software firewall settings (built into win xp, vista, 7) or 3rd party "internet security" software often has a software firewall as well. In the firewall settings, TCP port 25565 outbound needs to be permitted. If that is already in place or NOT an issue to start with, make her power cycle her internet connection (cable, dsl, t1, etc.) and her router. (the devices may be one in the same) Have her try again, if still no dice... Post back & I'll think of something else for you to try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-classic-minecraft-server-connection-issue.181421/
Relevancy 21.93%

Recently Windows updated both my partner's and my laptop with 23 updates for Vista. Ever since those updates over the weekend my partner keeps on getting a proxy server window appear on his desktop asking for a password.

We have Virgin wireless broadband and changed over from 3 Broadband. I told my partner to uninstall 3 Broadband, which he has done but it still comes up with this window. We have gone into all the Internet connection windows and unticked any option for a proxy server and it still comes.

Is there anything we can do that we haven't tried yet?

Compused

A:Proxy server

Ok, this question is quite old, so I'm going to take a stab at it!

I'm assuming that since you have Virgin wireless and going from 3 broadband that you are in the UK. I have zero experience with anything in the UK as b/c I'm in the US. Nevertheless, I'm going to try and assist you the best I can.

I'd say uninstall all Virgin wireless & 3 Broadband software that is on the computer. IF the virgin wireless connection is a regular wireless router in your home, then just simply connect to the wifi network is shows when you use the built in wifi software for windows, enter the wireless password & you should be good to go. IF the virgin wireless connection is a USB adapter, then reinstall the software accordingly, run the program and it should connect. As for this proxy window popping up, I'm really not sure why it's doing that, is it a windows proxy window or a window from the virgin wireless software?! either way, take a screenshot & post back.

Also post back specs on the system in question, info on the type of wireless connection you have from virgin wireless (USB, PCMCIA, wifi hotspot device, etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/proxy-server.180946/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi, I'm building a new system because trying to work on an athlon x2 240 involves too much self harm.

I have been reading around, and it seems that the 2500K is generally better in all regards despite having 2 less cores.

My main priority is rendering time in 3ds max, so regarding that, which cpu would be the better buy?

Thanks
Astralogic

A:Which of these CPUs is best for 3D software redndering? 2500K or 1100T?

It turns out that the 100T is better for 3ds max. I was afraid the 1100T would come out on top, I spent ages researching the right motherboard to get with the 2500K now I gotta start again

You wouldn't happen to know an AMD board that is the equivilent to the GA-Z77X-UD3H do you? Or the G1-Sniper M3?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-of-these-cpus-is-best-for-3d-software-redndering-2500k-or-1100t.180409/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all So the situation is thus we are looking into getting a new office NAS server? for server for our office currently all individual desktops and laptops and have been given a quote that has come in considerably higher than we d anticipated Part of this is due to the addition of a tape auto-loader as a backup device which is coming in at including tapes The benefits we ve been given for this are tapes being more robust especially if being take off NAS for office server? site and more secure than hard drives but I have a concern at how accessible the data is should we need to resort to accessing the backup This got me to thinking would a NAS device or multiple with hot-swappable drives used in a similar way provide the same functionality as the auto-loader but at a much cheaper cost And if so what would people recommend for this I am fairly well versed on consumer devices from the likes of Synology and we already have a Lacie NAS in the office for general file storage though it s not been that relaible but I have no experience with multiple bay hot-swappable models Is there a particular brand I should look at that offer more commercial devices or would a -bay Synology be fine Thanks in advance grinthumb nbsp

A:NAS for office server?

You are into the area of planning called "Business Continuation"; how do you continue
when there are different levels of failure?

Consider (list in order of difficulty):

drive or system fails
building becomes unusable (fire / floor/ storm)
city takes a tornado / hurricane hit
county / state looses power

In addition, tapes per se are frail media and for long term storage, need humidity and temp controlled storage - - and regardless, the magnetic info degrades and/or 'imprints' from one layer adjcent to another. We saw this with IBM and tapes stored at Iron Mountain.

Local backups (ie store onsite) work well for all variations of (1) and off-site storage
only delays the recovery time.

(2) will likely wipeout all local backups (tape or otherwise) and is why off-site is necessary.

(3+4) makes the point that off-site storage is viable ONLY when it is outside the area of the disaster.

IMO, tape is a dead media - - what a mess if you need to use a backup set and find that after mounting several tapes in a restore you find that the nTH tape is unreadable :OUCH:

a) you ask the right question; which NAS systems are most reliable?
Google for "review scsi nas with hotswap".

b) get a SCSI enclosure with several bays and implement Raid-1 (mirrored)
with auto-rebuild to avoid hard stopping the system while a new drive is brought online.

c) determine the degree of effort to recover 'lost data'. It is impractical to take
a drive offline every day, so what period can you tolerate between HD rotations?
(suggest one per week + one per month = 8 drive in rotation pool).
Then keep last weeks drive local and all else offsite.

my $0.02

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-for-office-server.178981/
Relevancy 21.5%

I've been trying to run a port forwarded minecraft server. i have port forwarded the port "25565" (the minecraft server's port) on a UDP and a TCP protocol. i use the private IPv4 address (192.168.***.***) and i give my friends my external IP address to connect with.

however, when it comes to connecting, they aren't able to get in the server whilst i can =/ I've looked at a port checker and whilst the server was up and it agrees that the port "25565" is open. yet my friends still cannot connect.

I've tried adding new inbound rules on my window's firewall. however i do have Norton 360 which has a firewall of it's own.

if anyone knows anything it'd be really appreciated. thanks.

A:Friends cannot connect to my Minecraft server

you have norton firewall and a windows firewall, try turning them both off and see if it works, then turn on each one and see which is the problem.

I bet its norton..

my son runs a a minecraft server and he has no issues on his W7 PC after i set the portforwarding on the home router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/friends-cannot-connect-to-my-minecraft-server.179100/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello dear brothers,
iam very sad and unhappy also iam in tention plz help me '
suddenly have formated my partion .
And there was alot of my editing and recovery and other alot of softwares was in it now my partition is empty and i want to recover my all softwares i tried alot but softwares not recovering plz brothers help me plz help me iam very worry because i want to recover my all softwares
plz urgent help me plz how to recover that all softwares help me hope u will help me.

A:Formatted partition and want to recover software

Take a look at this:
http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/recover-formatted-partition.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatted-partition-and-want-to-recover-software.178895/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

I currenlty have a Dell 750 and need to find a new server w/ as much power but can also take a PCI 5.5 card.

A:Looking for a server that can take PCI 5.5 cards

What exactly is a PCI 5.5 card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-server-that-can-take-pci-5-5-cards.178072/
Relevancy 18.49%

I'm new to the forum but have a problem that I want make the right decision on. I play Aces High II which is a flight simulation game. It may not be as hard core as Battlefield 3 but they do keep upgrading to high res graphics. My computer is a prebuilt Dell Studio XPS 8000. Intel i7 core 860 processor @ 2.8GHz. Graphics card a Nvidia geforce GTS 240. 8 Mb memory, Windows 7 home premium os. Now that said I am experiencing stutter sometimes while i'm playing. My fps go from 60 which is where it should be to 10 or less. I,m not sure if this is the game card or a lousy connection to the game server as we do get discoed sometimes. The computer is a year and a half old and don't remember experiencing this before that much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm not against getting a new card and probably need new power supply.

A:GeForce GTS 240 issue or gaming server issue?

What resolution are you playing at? What is your budget for your upgrade?

Its your gpu more than likely

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gts-240-issue-or-gaming-server-issue.177654/
Relevancy 21.5%

My server is a domain controller thus i cannot add users with admin rights and so i cannot use lusrmgr.msc to add or change... i've added the user i want =active directory>users> and added the user and set it to admin..but when loged onto does not have the admin rights... learned that this was becuiase it was a domain controller

A:Add users to domain controller server

Correct, the DC admin has the keys to the kingdom and can create a user-id with/without admin privs.

Unless the admin is your very best friend, I would expect exactly what you are reporting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/add-users-to-domain-controller-server.177336/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello I am having a very strange problem between of the computers at work small business problem Server/network - we pay for IT support but they say that they cannot find a problem so therefore are unable to help I ll try to explain the problem - We have a server network with computers and phones Computer computer is where the IT support have looked but see no problem On all the computers we have Roboform toolbar and programme and also Avaya Phone manager Computer - sometimes logs in to Computer s Phone Manager automatically without asking which causes Computer to make phone calls through Server/network problem Computer s phone We have spoken to the software developers who also have no idea how to help Now computer is also logging in to Computer but on roboform which means they have full access to all computer s passwords which they have saved I deleted the Roboform profile on Computer and created a new profile - but when I checked on Computer - their profile is now deleted and is now logged in as Computer Again contacted software developers who have no idea I hope some of that makes sense If someone has any ideas please let me know it s driving me mad and also very unsecure Thanks Jai nbsp

A:Server/network problem

Avaya IP Office Installation:
Please read the FAQ and see / verify the issues discussed.

When you follow-up, tells us what you did and the new status.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-network-problem.176975/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello guys Can you help me My friend has this Lexar USB Flash Disk She asks me to delete some folders and even the Secure II folder We thought that it is nothing because Lexar not II Windows 7 the software recognizable Secure after removing in usually if it s the application of the USB it should have been the name of the USB like for example in Western Digital I have this external Lexar not recognizable in Windows 7 after removing the Secure II software USB WD it also has an application inside it but the name of the folder is WD Anyway since the folder got deleted once we put the USB to any ports of our laptop PC and even in the television it s not recognizable The drive is not detected at all Lexar not recognizable in Windows 7 after removing the Secure II software even though there s a drive G for removable drive With this I searched for a solution and I found some solution but it did Lexar not recognizable in Windows 7 after removing the Secure II software not work for me - In disk management you have to changed the drive rebooted the PC even having the Secure II downloaded application that was deleted Unfortunately I cannot copy it inside the Lexar USB because it s not recognizable And in the device manager there s no exclamation point All drivers are okay Any resolution Thank you nbsp

A:Lexar not recognizable in Windows 7 after removing the Secure II software

"Any resolution?"

Yes, replace the Lexar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lexar-not-recognizable-in-windows-7-after-removing-the-secure-ii-software.176681/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi guys, bought a new PC recently and got everything set up fine, except the GPU.

Its all installed correctly but when I go to install the drivers from either Windows Update or the given CD and restart to save changes, I lose video signal.

I see the boot screen and Windows 7 loading bar, afterwards my screen says "Mode not supported".

I'm using the Nvidia 560 Ti and my screen is a Samsung LE19R86BD.

Is the installation possibly switching to 1080 while my monitor isn't supporting it?

A:No video signal after installing GPU software/drivers

I've read that there are times when the driver can't properly read the EDID data from the TV, and causes display problem. Can you boot into safe mode, change the display setting to 1440x900, then reboot into normal mode? Looks like your nVidia card has both HDMI & DVI connection, maybe try changing connection from one type to the other?

The driver I found on nVidia's site is version 285.62. Is that what you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-signal-after-installing-gpu-software-drivers.173192/
Relevancy 10.75%

I wasn't able to connect through my wireless router to the internet on any of my wireless devices until I plugged in my wireless usb stick. I plugged it into one laptop, and now I can use both. Why would this happen? My mother has the same connectivity issue, and do you think I should try the same thing? It seems as though that every wireless connection that I come across has this problem lately. Every single one. I am confused, is it just me?

Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network. I used to get that error every time I tried to repair connection.

A:I have solved my limited connectivity and need some answers

I think the lack of responses here may be the result of everyone else being confused as well.

Try explaining that a little better, its not exactly clear what your problem is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-solved-my-limited-connectivity-and-need-some-answers.174540/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all I have a bit of a problem wondering if someone could help, I am running windows7 64 bit It's just coming up to a year old, I had this same problem when i uninstalled Norton but I called someone and they help me remove the key that was stopping the dvd rom from working, I Now am having the same problem scince I uninstalled avg and reinstalled it. I would do what I was told to before but I cannot remember what i have to do again :/ I know it is in regedit some where but not sure on where to go after, Any help or advice would be great thank you. It will play cds but not dvds :/
thanx in advance

A:DVD will not read DVDs or DVD software but will play CDs

Do you have a Windows Vista or 7 install disk? Or even a restore disk if its a branded PC. All of those should be DVDs, so see if you can boot the computer from that disk (you won't actually go through any of the install process, just see if it boots from the disk). This will ensure that your dvd laser didn't die. The laser for cd and dvd reading are different, so it is possible that one could die while the other is still good.

You may be exactly right with it being a registry thing, but if you have a bootable disk that is a dvd we can easily rule out a hardware issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-will-not-read-dvds-or-dvd-software-but-will-play-cds.174835/
Relevancy 21.5%
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello all, just set up a server running server 2003 and exchange 2003. Configured dns and mx records. I could send and recieve e-mails internally within the network, but when trying to send from my gmail account I get an error. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Exchange Server 2003 sending e-mail externally problem

I know this is an old post, but are you still having problems with mail. Also, are you having problems sending mail to an external email account or receiving mail from an external account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exchange-server-2003-sending-e-mail-externally-problem.172488/
Relevancy 21.07%

I attempted to promote a member server to be a BDC in a single server domain It seemed to complete successfully but later I found that it did not I now have multiple issues with the server I see the following in Event Viewer In the system log I am receiving SAM errors In the Directory Service log I am receiving NTDS Replication errors that full synchronization did not occur In the DNS Server log I am receiving Event id stating that the DNS BDC Issues a a had server failed 2000 DCPromo that with server is unable to open the Active Directory In File Replication I am receiving a error Apparently the SYSVOL cannot be created I do see that the user database did come over from the PDC however I am also receiving messages that I cannot create new Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo user objects until the BDC can sync with the PDC I am researching all this stuff but not really knowing where to begin I have tried to DEMOTE the failing BDC but since it cannot attach to the Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo DNS server the ip address of the PDC the demotion fails too Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated Greg nbsp

A:Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo

Maybe this will help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837932

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-a-2000-server-bdc-that-had-a-failed-dcpromo.172227/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi would be grate if anyone can help, looking for a software that overclocks the cpu, if their is any. Looking for something like rivatuner. Just want to add that i know i can change it in the bios just want to know if their is a windows prog like rivatuner.

Regards.

A:Overclocking software

Hi foxalot and welcome to Techspot If you happen to be on an AMD platform there is always AMD Overdrive. Motherboard manufacturers also offer assorted OC tools that would be specific to your hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-software.171804/
Relevancy 21.07%

HI
Two Linysy cisco router of same network 192.168.128.1 and 100 are given and the sever 08 has 128 network .the problem is if one router is off the another router is pinging..like tat it was pinging simultaneously.
the router is Not communicating at the same time to the two routers.Its communicating simultaneously
pleas help regarding this issue tat the server must be communicate to the both router at the same time
thank you

A:Two Linksys Cisco routers unable to communicate with server

this issue tat the server must be communicate to the both router at the same timeClick to expand...

hmm; as you express it, this is literally impossible.
There should only be one DHCP server on this lan. With the addresses you've provided, the server has only one connection to the router and thus it can literally read/write to one device at a time.

Code:

==== router#1
(128.1)
|
+ (128.08) Server
|
+ (128.100) router ===
I fear you are attempting to connect each router to an ISP and get twice the bandwidth;
usually it is wired like this

Code:

===router#1 ------ server ---- router#2 ===
the server would need two NIC cards, but this never works due to the routing tables.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-linksys-cisco-routers-unable-to-communicate-with-server.172024/
Relevancy 21.5%

There is a specific software that i would like to install to the Server ans to let it run on all the computers on the network. So,instead of installing it on each computer (time consuming) i need a way to install it on the server and let it run on each other computer.

A:Installing program to server

Copy software to a folder on the server
Share the folder over the network
Map the folder as a drive on the workstations
Run the software on the workstations.

This is pretty basic networking.

The software has to be set up so that it can be shared in that way. In most cases you will probably have to install the software on the hard drive and share just the data files over the network. The application has to have that capability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-program-to-server.171306/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello everybody game-server PC Building hosting for So gaming community needs to build up new pc for game-server hosting and web page I don t know about webpage guess that shouldn t take too much but I know about game servers So games are as follows CSS public slots TF public slots CS public slots and minecraft Current pc can t handle the load anymore Now it s only webpage one TF Building PC for game-server hosting server slots and one css slots but it s almost empty all the time max players Building PC for game-server hosting And TF server is lagging as hell Current pc specs AMD Athlon X Dual Core gigs DDR MHz Now a couple of admins me included Building PC for game-server hosting built a pcs And now there s choice between these two CPU i - K RAM GB DDR MHz MB ASUS P H -M PSU Corsair TX and nd pc AMD Phenom II X T BE overclocked to T level GA- GM-UD H As you can see we can t decide which cpu will do a better job I m on AMD side cause it got cores and happens to be better ar multitasking Some other people is on Intel s side cause it s a better cpu overall So question is which will be better Intel or AMD And then would the best cpu handle one more css public server and tf public We want to build a machine that can handle a lot of servers before lags I m sorry for my bad english Thanks in advance AddicTeD nbsp

A:Building PC for game-server hosting

If you really want to set up a server i wold advise maybe buying a server motherboard with 2 cpu's running Intel xeon processors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-pc-for-game-server-hosting.170662/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi My system already had an Nvidia GT Gcard installed and running for about years now Yesterday i got a BOOTMGR error and had to repait that file using the Windows Disc This involved using the onboard video chip of my motherboard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group - Model GF -M TE Upon resolving the BOOTMGR issue i was unable to resuse my graphics card I have tried reinstalling drivers motherboard drivers resetting CMOS etc The trouble is when i try disabling the onboard chip through device manager it still will not switch to the issue (not solved card Graphics threads) by other any Gcard There is also only an Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads) option in BIOS to set the onboard chip to ON or Auto ON I do not have the driver CD for the graphics card and gave been using the Nvidia site for them Also what appears to be odd is that the computer does not detect the Gcard at all and only the onboard chip even if i uninstall the drivers for it and disable it Any help would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads)

I suggest a clean reinstall of the OS and drivers from scratch. Clean out your PC, re-seat all the components and continue with a fresh install of OS, drivers, etc.

If that doesn't work, then it's an issue with your card or the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-not-solved-by-any-other-threads.169495/
Relevancy 20.64%

have a WD hard drive WD 2500Me passport HDD , some reasons its not been recognized on any of the pcs in the house.
Please could one help with softwares as lost the manufacturer disc and WD website not helping at all. or any advice got most of my works on it
thanks

A:WD HDD software/advice

Just in case, you could try to reboot your computer with the hdd plugged in, to see if it makes any difference.
Is the hdd recognized by Disk Management (Start-Run "diskmgmt.msc")?
If you boot your computer with the hdd plugged in, is it recognized by your BIOS?
Another option is that it's not getting enough power from your USB port, some external hdds come with two USB cables, one for power and one for data transfer.

There is also a chance that your hdd is dead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hdd-software-advice.169494/
Relevancy 21.5%

I ll follow the sticky s set of instructions What are you going to use the PC for General home server will run some game servers such as Minecraft and CS S not both at once and I will allow it to be a secondary gaming machine for my house How much is your budget As cheap as possible below if at ALL possible I already have a Graphics Card Are you willing to buy buy a server I or Should rack? build a online Of course Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others No just optical drives Do you have an Operating System OS Yes Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup No I have an HD from a previous build that s about it Would it be worth building the machine to have an extra gaming machine I m also limited on space or the option of buying some mountable machines off ebay nbsp

A:Should I build a server or buy a rack?

there are cheap rackmount cases on ebay and if you buy from some half decent company you should have a positive experience.
arrowmax/ maxtop or good.

with the budget and needs i would consider going the AMD route. probably a 1055T, 1090T or 1100T depending on whatever else you might want/need.
the 1055T goes for just under $200 and the board for probably around $150, then you have to add memory. there are good 8GB kits available right now

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-build-a-server-or-buy-a-rack.160830/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi y'all

I got a Intel Server Board L440GX with the dual Pentium III processors and i cant get it to recognize the Mylex eXtreme RAID 2000 FW 7.01-00. I have never configured a raid before but i think i got it right(not sure) anyway the bios says that no h.d. or likewise is installed. I ain't got any ideas on what to do please help

A:Intel server board L440GX RAID issues

bwta, sound like you better take a look at:
http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/l440gx/AcceleRAID1_0.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-server-board-l440gx-raid-issues.168173/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all, i need i have two server one is PDC and other one is BDC i want to promote BDC to PDC
but i can't understand how to do it. any one understand how to do it, please explain step by step.

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-promote-bdc-server-to-pdc.167684/
Relevancy 21.5%

I upgraded the NT server domain controller to a Windows server and immediately noticed that the XP client machines took a VERY long time to logon to the server The server is running DHCP but I modify the DNS setting so that the XP clients have the IP address of the server DC as their DNS This corrected the problem with the logon speed but it created another little problem When the server DC which is designated as the DNS server goes offline all the XP clients are unable to access the Internet Once the DC is online again connectivity to the Internet is restored I do not know what options I have to designate the ISP DNS information so that the clients do not have to rely on the availability of the DC for Internet Any suggestions are greatly appreciated PS we are issue 2000 Server DNS small automobile dealership that does not have a large IT budget I try to do the best I can but it explains some of the 2000 Server DNS issue older technology i am using Greg nbsp

A:2000 Server DNS issue

First, your config to point the clients to the server DNS is the correct choice.

The symptoms resulting from an outage of that server are normal - -
and should lead you to the solution that the DNS & DHCP servers need to be
replicated (ie two of each).

However, you can configure the clients with two DNS addresses:

the first one (being the primary) should be your internal DNS address
and the secondary might be any public DNS server like 8.8.8.8 (which is google)
DNS processing is to issue a request to BOTH dns addresses and to accept
the results of the first one to reply.
That then creates the situation (a race condition) that if YOUR server gets bogged down, the secondary is more likely to reply first.

You should really attempt to avoid all outages of your DC and to schedule all maintenance to 'off-hour' periods to reduce the impact to the clients

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2000-server-dns-issue.166845/
Relevancy 20.21%

Can anyone who has hands on experience with PC diagnostics software and/or hardware recommend any particular software or hardware testers.

How good is AIDA64, a review I read on this looks quite impressive.

There are many motherboard and general hardware testers on ebay, are there any that stand out as being particularly reliable that will also work on laptops..

I am also interested in finding good data retrieval software for recovering data from faulty and/or corrupt hard drives. Are there any that perform better than Stella Phoenix.

I repair a few PC's a month and it would be very useful to have some equipment that can confirm the health of mobo's and CPU's without having to diagnose by a process of elimination.

I don't have the finance to experiment with the various testers that are available.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

A:PC diagnostics software/hardware

This type of Computer testing hardware and software is not really necessary or even useful to an experienced computer tech. The motherboard testers are only as good as the tech is. A shorted data bus will give false results at best. The useful tools include a spare power supply, an inexpensive power supply tester, spare memory, a spare IDE and SATA Desktop hard drive (and notebook drives) and a good true RMS multimeter... and that's it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-diagnostics-software-hardware.165470/
Relevancy 17.63%

recently I have wanted to get into video editing and I decided to try out a few different video editing software tools I tried windows movie maker first and it kept skipping when I would preview clips and freezing The same thing is happening with the trial version of adobe s premiere elements trial version For adobe it told me to download the latest video driver that was compatible so i did and it allowed me to see my videos and use it a little bit but it would not be able to keep up and would freeze occasionally Does this have to do with my graphics card This is what I could find of my computers information i typed dxdiag in run System Operating system Windows Home Premium bit Build System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System if I card editing upgrade video for software should Wondering video model Satellite A BIOS InsydeH Version Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX And I guess this is my graphics card Name NVIDIA GeForce M Chip Type Geforce M DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC Approx Total Memory MB Current Display mode x bit Hz If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated thank you P s I m not very computer savvy so keep that in mind - nbsp

A:Wondering if I should upgrade video card for video editing software

yes the graphics card seems to be the weak link in your setup, you could try searching for msi afterburner to try to overclock your graphics card but failing that i would upgrade your graphics card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-if-i-should-upgrade-video-card-for-video-editing-software.159073/
Relevancy 21.5%

So basically, I decided to take a 120gb seagate hard drive from an old server I had laying around for extra storage on my desktop. The thing is it is not recognized by my desktop, however is recognized in the bios. I've looked at computer management and its recognized, but is not assigned a drive letter. When I right click I don't get any options...

I'm sort of stumped with this, please help.

A:Server hard drive not recognized

Is this an IDE or SATA hard drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-hard-drive-not-recognized.164856/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello, I have a few servers on a 192.168.150.x subnet. I need to move all my network equipment to a different site and I need to use a different subnet such as 192.168.151.x. I will be using a VPN site to site at the beginning until my point to point is insatalled. so I'm wondering if I change my DC and file server IP to a .151 subnet would I be asking for trouble? are there any records or dns records that will get screw up or anything that you can think of?

please let me know if this is something you would recommend or if I really have to do it in a different way.

thanks
Mm

A:Moving my server to a different site... need some help

hmm; Leave the existing entries for the DC as-is.
Then create the shadow entries which mirror the real site and use a prefix or suffix in the names;

if the true DNS is name foo.dns.domainName; then the shadow might be s_foo.dns.domainName
if the primary DB server is DB1.domainName, then use s_DB1.domainName
migrate from DB1 to s_DB1 & run regression testing here

when done and all regression testing is final;
SWAP:
DB1.domainName -> x_DB1.domainName
s_DB1.domainName -> DB1.domainName​and leave x_DB1.domainName for historical backup

The entire world is controlled by what is in your DNS;
today it's the existing system,
some day soon, it's the migrated version​and no one will ever know the difference

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-my-server-to-a-different-site-need-some-help.163842/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello First of all system DxDiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name XXXXXXXXXXX Operating System Windows Server Standard Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model PowerEdge SC BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode -------------- System Devices -------------- Name JMicron JMB X Controller Device ID PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV amp DB AC amp amp E Driver C Windows system DRIVERS jraid sys English bytes The JMB X Controller is for the not Server 2008 RAID recognizing RC- Raid Sata II ATA PCIe Card This is what happens has happened We installed the raid card and two additional tb sata II drives We booted up and created a raid using mirror- through the bios raid panel We go in and install the Server 2008 not recognizing RAID necessary drivers that are all up to date according to online provided cd We then move on to the program that controls the raid which Server 2008 not recognizing RAID is the JMB X software and it confirms we Server 2008 not recognizing RAID have a RAID named quot RAID quot that has drives of equal value in size that are mirroring each other Now here comes the problem It does not show up in our disk management Also we ve noticed that under the quot Other Devices quot tab in Device Manager the quot Raid SCSI Disk Drive quot actually shows up We ve checked the compatibility of the card and we do know that it does not specifically support Server That doesn t seem to be the main problem though we ve used this card on other Win k servers and have had no problems Different Machines though not Dell In my opinion it might have something to do with the Dell Bios but I m not positive on that Possibly upgrading the bios will fix this problem but that would require taking down the server and we cannot do that until the weekends Thoughts Thanks Phil nbsp

A:Server 2008 not recognizing RAID

Would appreciate any input on this subject matter. We're still trying to figure it out before having to order a new raid card and scrubbing this one. Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-2008-not-recognizing-raid.162465/
Relevancy 18.49%
A:Printer problems, "RPC server unavailable"

use an Admin login, use run->services.msc and ensure that both
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator​ are set AUTOSTART and are actually started

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-problems-rpc-server-unavailable.161662/
Relevancy 21.07%

We have started having this issue:
"504 Gateway Timeout: remote server did not respond to the proxy" alot lately, but only with laptops, they connect through wireless to the fortigate (firewall) first and then through to the main switch board and than the server.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/504-gateway-timeout-remote-server-did-not-respond-to-the-proxy.161528/
Relevancy 20.21%

do anyone know how to repair this? on my both pcs is it same but on another it is ok

youtube.com/watch?v=rcL27vmrqYQ

A:Unsynchronized buttons and images in software

You need to give more details, your OS and what the programs are.

The Utube link does not work, you cannot post links until you have made five posts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsynchronized-buttons-and-images-in-software.161471/
Relevancy 21.5%

HI all.
I have tried creating FTP server (filezilla) .Server is running fine.port forwarded port 80 .I got a domain on no-ip.org..if i try accessing from outside through internet i directed to modem .I see no option for DYNAMIC DNS in modem.how do achieve it in my modem. Help pls..

Modem Model NO :Teracom Type 2 ADSL2+ CPE/IAD ,
model name : T2-B-Gawv1.4U10Y-BI

thanks in advance,
sri

A:Web server redirects to modem. How to set up dynamic DNS?

FTPd server needs ports 20-21, not port 80. While it can be made to run on port 80,
no one would connect to that port (with FTP) without you informing them of the non-standard port number.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/web-server-redirects-to-modem-how-to-set-up-dynamic-dns.160731/
Relevancy 20.21%

use a dell c600 latitude, when i try to open windows xp pro. service pack 1 i get the message windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \windows\system 32\config\system.. you can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup cd-rom select r at the first screnn to start repair. I have tried to reinstall and i keep getting the same message, any key i hit restarts the computer? has anyone had a problem like this and if so please tell me how to slove this step by step. how do you wipe out the harddrive and start all over? I can get to f2 setup and f8 but nothing works....need help, thanks

A:Dell c600 software

I've followed these steps anytime i've had this error.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-c600-software.160637/
Relevancy 21.07%

We had a server die and had to move the virutal servers to a new vm host. brought up the servers now Exchange2010 server will not communicate with the PDC. Ran the dcdiag tool and output it to a file which is attached. Email has been down for 12 hours now! Any help would be great!

A:Exchange 2010 server not communicating with Operations Master

This may sound dumb, but did you check to make sure your network card is still programmed with the static info it had before? We've had issues when moving virtual pc to a new host where the original network connection was "hidden" because it was on new hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exchange-2010-server-not-communicating-with-operations-master.160308/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello,
I am using a Sony Vaio loaded with Windows 7 to try to connect, via my home wireless, to an Iomega home server. My other old laptop (running XP) just shows the Iomega as a normal file server, with folders and all my documents etc. Unfortunately the Vaio is only showing the Iomega as a 'Media Device' (in the network and sharing center).. and because of this, it will only open windows media player when I try to access it. How can I stop the server from showing up as a media device?
As a start (and after reading another forum post), I disabled the media streaming service within windows media player network sharing service.. but this hasn't worked.

Thanks..

A:Iomega server showing as media device

Right-click on the iomega server icon and select "properties" See if you can change the device type

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/iomega-server-showing-as-media-device.159347/
Relevancy 20.21%

The card (Geforce 9600 GSO) has been fine for a year or so since i bought it, but a few days ago while ALT-TABBING between screens it locked up and crashed the PC.
I get the following message when i use the device manager "find a solution"

Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 43.

I have tried reinstalling the card and drivers but it seems to make no difference.

any help appreciated

A:Graphics card driver software won't run

You can try using system restore to a point before this crash.

If that doesn't work:

try using driver sweeper to clean it out.

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Then go the NVIDIA web site and install the drivers.

What sort of problems are you experiencing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-driver-software-wont-run.159338/
Relevancy 21.93%

Thank you in advance server not responding DNS Just so you know I ve already tried the following Changing your DNS servers to Google s DNS servers or to OpenDNS org DNS servers This is the error i m getting in my troubleshooter Issues found Detection details Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource DNS server is not responding Windows can t communicate with the device or resource DNS server The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarily unavailable Detection details Diagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Local DNS server not responding Area Connection driver information Description DNS server not responding NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Manufacturer NVIDIA Provider Microsoft Version Inf File Name C Windows INF netnvm inf Inf File Date July- - PM Section Name NVENET NDI Hardware ID pci ven de amp dev ef Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type Collection information Computer Name OWNER-PC Windows Version Architecture x Time Thursday January PM Publisher details Windows Network Diagnostics DNS server not responding Detects problems with network connectivity Package Version Publisher Microsoft Windows Network Adapter Troubleshoot Ethernet wireless or other network adapters Package Version Publisher Microsoft Corporation nbsp

A:DNS server not responding

document:

isp name

connection type dial, dsl, cable, satellite

make/model modem

make/model router if any

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-server-not-responding.159703/