Windows Support Forum

Solved: Security software for Windows Server 2012 Standard?

Q: Solved: Security software for Windows Server 2012 Standard?

We are purchasing a new server with Windows Server 2012 standard as the operating system. What anti-virus anti-malware security software choices do we have?

Thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Security software for Windows Server 2012 Standard?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 91.16%

Hi Team, I have a software that is working on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 64 bit, my device is HP Compaq Elite 8300. Please advice if it is applicable to install Win 2012 and if there is any network driver for the same. Apprecite your early feedback and manythanks in advance.  Greetings,Mahmoud

A:Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 64 bit Compatibility

Try an "experiment" -- it will take about 60 minutes. Remove the current disk-drive from your computer.Connect a "spare" disk-drive.Try to install Windows.Once installed, open "Device Manager", and see if there any devices that are "flagged", such as the network adapter. You may remove the "spare" disk-drive, and reconnect your original disk-drive, to restore your computer to its previous condition.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Windows-Server-2012-R2-Standard-64-bit-Compatibility/td-p/5830700
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello,

I see that there is a Windows 7 and a Windows 10 forum but my Windows Update problem is on a Windows 2012 Server Standard machine. Would it be OK to post in here, or is there a different sister forum I should post in?

Thank you

A:Window 2012 Server Standard Windows Updates Broken

Slipstick.com is the best resource, same as Microsoft's Technet site.

Very few on here play with Server 2012 or Server 2008.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/48169-window-2012-server-standard-windows-updates-broken.html
Relevancy 80.84%

i have purchase windows server 2012 R2 Standard, it is showing Internet Explorer 11 but i want Internet explorer 10 for working, i want required Internet explorer 10, please support.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1430e555-f0d0-4054-9ddb-f0491e2f2566/internet-explorer-10-required-for-server-2012-r2-standard?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 79.12%

I'm running a Windows Security? Server Windows and Shares 2012 Server Standard server at home offering up several standard smb shares to a few client PCs around the home Despite having changed nothing on the server I Windows Server 2012 Shares and Security? was a little while ago shocked to be told I did not have access to my music share I logged on to the server to see that the only account that was granted access to the folders contained within the share was a single account from another machine listed as a long meaningless string I proceeded to restore the correct security settings to each folder and re-establish the share What perplexes me though is that it has now happened again on a second share- unfortunately one that contains a much larger amount of data and subfolders Can anyone offer an explanation as to how or why Windows is messing up my security settings and perhaps offer a quick solution to resetting the security settings on a mass of subfolders I have attempted to change the parent's settings and have it be set to all child objects however I get an quot access denied quot error when attempting this- leading me to believe the only way around it is to set each folder individually Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows Server 2012 Shares and Security?

Is this Server / Network set up as a domain.

I can't say how it happened without taking a closer look at your network, sorry but.

You may need to take ownership of the folder and files first, then change the permissions.

Do you see any errors in the event log, Red X's?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-server-2012-shares-and-security-692210.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,
Does Windows 2012 Standard (and R2 standard edition) provide log collector facility? If so, could you please provide aq link for that. I understand that 2012 and R2 essential provides that feature - looking
for Standard edition support.
Regards,
Champak

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/674bf234-9814-4539-8e39-b8f197e9c592/log-collector-in-windows-2012-and-windows-2012-r2-standard-edition?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a print server running standard sp I have been looking for a way to allow helpdesk staff install 2003 Windows SP2 on Standard server print to install & Server Unable remotely 7 driver and manage printers without logging into the server and Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server without adding them to the admin group So I added them to the power users group and the print operators group that worked fine they were able to UNC servername Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server to the server and install printers drivers as well as uninstall drivers printers ect Now the problem this works great from an XP box but when we try it from a windows machine we get access denied More specifically it acts like it is going to install the printer then when it comes to the driver installation part it fails Printer driver was not installed Access is denied No changes have been made to the permissions I can log into an XP machine with my profile and it works fine log out go to a Windows machine use the same credentials and I get the above message access is denied I am an admin of both machines on the windows machine I have UAC turned off completely Running XP Pro SP amp Windows pro both are bit machines I should also add that I have made the necessary group policy changes to allow printer operators to Load Unload device drivers and under the local policies security options I ensured that the Prevent users from installing printer drivers was Disabled Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server

How do you enter the credentials on the Windows 7 machine? I've noticed that you have to use "domain\username" rather than just the username in some cases.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403507/windows-7-2003-server-standard-sp2-unable-to-remotely-install-driver-on-print-server/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I created the following performance counter using logman exe nbsp logman exe counters incorrectly Server Windows correctly creates performance on 2003 but Server Windows Logman 2008/2012 on create counter US Triton Perf Log -b -e -r -s server -si frequence -cf folder server txt -f logtype nbsp -o C local logs Perfout Server --a -v mmddhhmm nbsp -rf nbsp max Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 duration When I do this across multiple servers specifically for Windows Servers the counter is created to repeat and run everyday at PM and stops running everyday at PM This works perfectly fine as intended However When I do this for a Windows server my created counter is very different For example in this case I have set to the counters to start at AM and end at PM because I have set a maximum duration of hours the job terminates and begins on the next day since Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 I have the repeat option on However this does not apply to our server logman creates the job to run once a week in this case it would be on a Wednesday In addiiton I noticed that the job doesn't not even start at it's indented time It actually does not start at all I also notice that the jobs on all windows servers are created in a pending status which then prevents me from removing Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 the counter remotely nbsp I would like to know if windows is capable of working like my win servers using logman and if historically the job has to be kicked off through scheduled task nbsp Both Jobs are using the same criteria but are created differently The top photo was created on a windows server and the bottom photo was created on windows server Am I missing something here FYI I have a script to automate across servers so when I deployed this it turned out about servers were actually running as intended and a whole bunch of them were in pending status and all stopped nbsp I appreciate any response on this issue

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8377c80-cabf-41ca-bd0b-8132c4e19269/logman-creates-performance-counters-on-windows-server-20082012-correctly-but-incorrectly-on-windows?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 67.51%

HI All,

My wife got the XP Security 2012 virus today and kudos to this site for the tips on removing it. They worked great.

For the future though,is there an antivirus software that works better than others to block these before they get on the computer? Norton? AVG?

thanks,
chad

A:Is there an antivirus software that will block threats like XP Security 2012

HI All,My wife got the XP Security 2012 virus today and kudos to this site for the tips on removing it. They worked great.For the future though,is there an antivirus software that works better than others to block these before they get on the computer? Norton? AVG? thanks,chadThese type of viruses are let in 99% of computers I work on because the end user clicked on something they shouldn't have from social engineering tactics(Think of it as giving someone the keys to your house so it will not matter what anti virus you have). I would install Microsoft Security Essentials as an anti virus and pay for the full version of MalwareBytes this combined with smart browsing is the best you can do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403685/is-there-an-antivirus-software-that-will-block-threats-like-xp-security-2012/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi nbsp We have an 2 to Security Server for 2012 fails install (KB3045321) Pack Update Service SQL issue with Security Update for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 (KB3045321) fails to install this security update as it Security Update for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 (KB3045321) fails to install keeps on failing to install in windows update I receive error code A A What I have did was to manually install the the update from the MS site and the machine shows it has been installed and when I ran updates again windows updates picks this security update again even though its installed nbsp I have removed SQL server developer edition nbsp and all of its components restarted the machine Did windows updates and then installed SQL again and manualy installed nbsp KB and still after running windows updates windows shows tries to install this update nbsp My company runs reports from WSUS regarding failed windows updates This machine appears in the report even though its installed I have tried hiding this update and still it appears in the report nbsp I then built another machine did windows updates installed SQL server developer edition ran windows updates and again it fails to install the security update It gives the same error message nbsp A A Again installed update manually and still windows updates tries to install this update again nbsp Any ideas nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ff0fc5af-b267-4b36-926a-be1a650038fe/security-update-for-sql-server-2012-service-pack-2-kb3045321-fails-to-install?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 66.65%

The following Structure is a representation PC - IP - FQDN PC DOM LOCAL PC - IP - FQDN PC DOM LOCAL SRV - IP - Server Issue to File 2012 7 Windows Share Server Networking a with FQDN SRV DOM LOCAL - File Share 'FLDR ' USR lt ReadOnly gt SRV has a folder FLDR being shared for read only access to user USR PC and PC Windows 7 Networking Issue to a Server 2012 Server with File Share logged on Windows 7 Networking Issue to a Server 2012 Server with File Share as Domain User USR PC is able to connect to SRV to see and look in FLDR PC is unable to connect to SRV Windows 7 Networking Issue to a Server 2012 Server with File Share to see and look in FLDR Now there are multiple means of connecting to SRV to see the share FLDR The following connections were done in combination with the following methods Method - via logged on Domain User CMD Prompt with 'NET VIEW' Method - via logged on Domain Administrator CMD Prompt with 'NET VIEW' Method - via logged on Domain User Explorer Window Method - via logged on Domain Administrator Explorer Window Connection - via Server Name Connection - via Server IP Address Connection - via Server Fully Qualified Domain Name Now that the stage is set going to the fun part Testing from both PC and PC ------------------------------------------- PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success ------------------------------------------- PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success ------------------------------------------- PC and PC being logged in as USR PC is able to connect to the SRV share FLDR PC is unable to connect to SRV except by IP Address as shown in the tests above but as for data connection for some reason it is very slow even though it is on a Gb line nbsp All failures are given in response to Access Denied Error This issue persists after I reboot PC and after I remove USR user profile nbsp I have also tried changing the IP address of the PC and still no resolution Also no local PC accounts such as Administrator or Guest can be used to view our shares as we have removed 'Everyone' from the permissions and have selected 'Domain Users' group in place of it nbsp If you are not in our domain you will not have access to our shares even if you are on our network This issue also just started this past week I have looked for a resolution to this issue and am unable to find one that works nbsp In reality we have PCs on our floor that use a single user to get to this single folder to run an application and only one of them is giving this issue nbsp I'm almost getting ready to rebuild the issue PC from scratch with the image of the other machines nbsp Also the imaging isn't the issue either since I've used the same image and software package for the past two years on this group of machines and this particular machine was in the second batch out of six deployed nbsp Any other suggestions are welcome

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9a70a336-c183-430b-b6e5-0adcec1552c7/windows-7-networking-issue-to-a-server-2012-server-with-file-share?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 63.21%

I was infected with the Vista Security 2012 virus. I have since run Malware, Spybot, CCleaner, Microsoft Security Essentials, Microsoft Fix It. It has disabled my firewall and windows security and network sharing. I am unable to turn them on. I have tried to do the windows repair with my disk, that did not help, sfc/scannow has not helped. I do not have a system restore point to go back to either, it was erased. Im stuck. Help.

A:Windows Security will not start/firewall/network sharing due to Vista Security 2012 virus

Welcome aboard Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Press "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433554/windows-security-will-not-startfirewallnetwork-sharing-due-to-vista-security-2012-virus/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi
I am working with windows 8 and I have installed SQL server 2007 and visual studio 2010. Now I want to upgrade these setups to SQL server 2012 and visual studio 2012. what is the advantages of what i want to do and how can i do it easily without corrupting the operating system? Please help.

A:Installation of sql server 2012 and visual studio 2012

SQL Server has an upgrade option that is pretty painless. Just run the setup file from your 2012 installation media and click the upgrade option. It will ask you what instance to upgrade, run some checks, and then upgrade it for you.

Visual Studio is a little different. If you install 2012 without uninstalling 2010 first, you will simply just have both versions to choose from. You can completely uninstall 2010 before installing 2012 by finding your 2010 installation file and adding the uninstall and force switches when running it(ex. "C:\vs_ultimate.exe /uninstall /force").

If you keep 2010, 2012 will ask you if you wish to import your settings and whatnot from 2010. If you uninstall 2010, 2012 will just have it all when you open it for the first time.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/44137-installation-sql-server-2012-visual-studio-2012-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Guys I look at this forum often in the background and i have had a question of my own.

I'm going to set up a server for a friend, mainly file storeage. I was hoping to put WS2008R2 Std, but WS2008 std will do if i can't get R2 in time.

I have seen other post about compatiblity between XP desktops and the server and my question is a little more in depth.

I want to set up a domain on the server, dhcp, and file security levels for some of the folders. I think thats about it, nothing fancy, AD maybe. Sort of winging it as I go.

Is this going to be compatible?

Thanks

Ritzo

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-support-with-server-2008-standard-maybe-r2-420283.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Then I have run command in our Company Primary domain Controller (repadmin /showrepl rootdns) Command i have receivederror
Every time then after i have tried to run Secondary domain controller same Command i have received again same error in secondary domain controller Error code detail in below:

C:\Documents and Settings\administrator.ALGOTECH>repadmin /showrepl rootdns
Repadmin experienced the following error trying to resolve the DC_NAME: rootdns
Error: An error occured:
    Win32 Error 8419(0x20e3): The DSA object could not be found.

Will you confirm me what is issue in my domain controller.
But Then I have run command (repadmin /showrepl) its working fine in both my domain controller.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1cb6c891-0a90-4df1-9ef0-4fca39f8c45d/windows-server-r2-2003-standard-edition?forum=MTCWinPhone
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey,

What security software can i get for a home server?

Could someone please tell me what the best one would be?

And a possible list of company's that do security software for home servers.

Thanks.

A:Security Software For A Server

Well, for Encryption you should use TrueCrypt.

For Anti-Virus - Use Symantec corperate editon, Nod-32, or Bitdefender total security.

For a firewall, you should use ZoneAlarm.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-software-for-a-server.664145/
Relevancy 61.49%

ok guys i would like to thank everyone in advance for the help, i really appreciate it.I had the win7 internet security and home security 2012 fake virus scan virus's and i removed it with malwarebytes. however after i have scanned my computer many times and it always seems to find something new everytime, i have had trojans, virus and i dont know what else. heres some of the stuff i've had according to my logsmalwarebytes rogue.fakeHDD x3trojan.agent x2PUM.hijack.startmenu x2 (this has also f'd up my start menu, its blank now)heuristics.reserved.word.exploittrojan.fakeav x6trojan.exeshell.gen x2trojan.fakealert x2rootkit.0access x3then microsoft security essentials picked upplease can anyone help me get my computer clean? also i need help restoring my start menu.

A:win 7 internet security 2012 and home security 2012

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity CenterWindows UpdatePress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436121/win-7-internet-security-2012-and-home-security-2012/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hiya I recently contracted serious compu-flu-like syptoms While watching a live streaming sports event Flyers hockey is addicting I seem to have been inadvertantly infected with an insidious virus Amidst the glory of sports viewing suddenly my browser auto-closed and a dreaded quot Fake quot Security XP Security virus began it s nasty habit of lying to me Having run across similar 2012 Sphere 2012/Security Security Ping.exe/XP infections in the past I attempted to isolate it s processes via Task Manager amp then hit it with a regularly updated Malwarebytes scan At the conclusion of the scan Malwarebytes required rebooting the machine Alas though this seemed successful I quickly realized that this version was more robust than the prior offenders I had managed to effectively deal with On top of not removing the infection I now additionally had Security Sphere chiming in with it s fake warnings along with the original culprit Gettting more agressive I atacked the issue from Safe Mode rerunning the Malwarebytes scan amp double checking some of the more obvious registry locations for issues This initially seemed to do the trick I rebooted normally and things looked ok IE came up with no problem but then I noticed my free version of AVG was not running Ping.exe/XP Security 2012/Security Sphere 2012 As I investigated this issue I quickly realized that all of my exe files excepting Firefox amp IE were no longer functioning apparently due to unknwown file extension issues As I attempted to research the matter on-line pop-ups amp redirects began to happen with regularity Sigh back to Safe Mode w Networking Back on-line and able to research the matter amp Ping.exe/XP Security 2012/Security Sphere 2012 discover some tools to begin addressing it I ve been able to fix my registry so that all exe files work again I have downloaded amp run TDSS rootkit removal amp RSS process killer I think that is it s name but it renamed itself IExplore on download so not sure but niether have been able to keep the redirects amp pop-ups from occurring nor have they prevented Ping exe from running amp utilizing the majority of the CPU s useage as viewed in Task Manager No matter how many times this process is ended it soon restarts itself I killed it at least times while typing this amp running Driveimage XML Additionally I have uninstalled my AVG and attempted to reinstall but it appears to be blocked from beind downloaded as every time I have tried though the download window opens no data is ever actually transferred amp the installation files never actually download Another unusual event was when a crossword puzzle daily puzzle on MSN in Adobe Flash Player appeared to cause a full quot blue screen quot shutdown amp reboot of the system Sigh At this point it is apparent that more skillful knowledgable minds are required to transmorgify my computer from it s current evil mein back into my friend again thus here I am Here is the DDS txt log Also attached please find the Attach txt amp Ark txt from DDS amp GMER respectively GMER would not complete it s scan unless I actively monitored for amp killed the Ping exe process repeatedly otherwise it would shut down with an unexpected error amp ask if I wanted to send Microsoft an quot error report quot DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by chris at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exesvchost exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC WINDOWS System vssvc exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS System ping exe Pseud... Read more

A:Ping.exe/XP Security 2012/Security Sphere 2012

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/433699 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433699/pingexexp-security-2012security-sphere-2012/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all,

I've just purchased a HP micro server (?100 cashback deal) as want to learn windows server 2012 and also look to setup a home server.

can anyone recommend or point me in the direction of books, videos on where i can learn about installation / setup and maintaining a server setup for either home and in a business environment?

Many Thanks
andrew

A:windows server 2012

Quote: Originally Posted by ascomputers

Hi all,

I've just purchased a HP micro server (?100 cashback deal) as want to learn windows server 2012 and also look to setup a home server.

can anyone recommend or point me in the direction of books, videos on where i can learn about installation / setup and maintaining a server setup for either home and in a business environment?

Many Thanks
andrew

What version of server 2012 do you have? Also what client operating systems do you have? Windows 7 Home premium, professional, ultimate?

This can affect what services you can offer to clients.

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/306502-windows-server-2012-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,
I became a member of dreamspark simply because they offer Windows 8 for free. I became a vertifyed member only to find out that they dont offer Windows 8 for free to Students. However they do offer Windows Server 2012 free to student.

what is it?? Can i use it as Windows 8?

A:What is Windows Server 2012

Hello Mitchell,

Windows Server 2012 is an operating system like Windows 8, but designed for servers.

Microsoft | Windows Server 2012

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/15557-what-windows-server-2012-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello forums 2012 Server Help Windows Really great forum here and I'm glad to join If I posted this in the wrong section I apologize Okay now here's my problem I'm currently trying to setup Windows Server for my dad The main thing it will be used for is storage of movies photos and Windows Server 2012 Help backing up Excel documents for work This is a copy a friend burned him onto a disk and is currently NOT activated He wanted to check it out before purchasing the license I have installed it onto an old HP Pavilion a n and everything went fine with installation but now that it is installed I cannot connect his Win computer to it I have Googled this and found a method but it doesn't work I'm told to open a browser and enter in the address bar quot HTTP Server-name connect quot Server-name replaced with then name of his server and I should get a connector software download page I do not get this software download page I just get a server not found page I have tried entering other possibilities into the address bar too xxx connect adding com etc nothing works If I can get any help with this it would be appreciated I have tried Completely reinstalled Windows Server Reinstalled Ethernet drivers on the WS box Things they may be causing the problem As I said the Windows Server is not activated The WS box is stuck on public network type and the W box is stuck on private network type The WS box does not show up on my network on the W box but I have my laptop with Win and it shows up on there Win is connected through Ethernet WIn laptop is WiFi This may be a simple problem and I'm just overlooking something If this is a common problem and has been answered before please just direct me to a link for help

A:Windows Server 2012 Help

Are you trying to access the server from a remote location using a local IP non outside routable address? Why are you trying to go through IE to get to the server?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24564-windows-server-2012-help.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello

I am trying to install SQL server 2005 standard edition on windows 7 professional.

I select to install everything, but the installation of database services fail, and I can't find the log file I am requested to inspect.

Please note that it is the installation that fails, so I have not had chance to apply Service pack 3 after the installation.

Has anybody else succeeded in installing SQL server 2005 on a windows 7 professional?

I am trying this on a "clean" windows 7 installation - Visual studio has not been installed yet.

Best regards Stig Nielsson

A:SQL server 2005 standard install fails on windows 7

I haven't tried this, but I think you may need to have SP2 or 3 first?
Download details: SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP3

Scroll down on this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...6(SQL.90).aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/40778-sql-server-2005-standard-install-fails-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hiya

The Standard SDK contains a subset of common Operating System (OS) APIs that allows an application written to the Standard SDK to run on different Windows CE .NET platforms that have a graphical user interface. An application that is based on the Standard SDK for Windows CE .NET will run on any device that contains the Standard SDK components, including for example the Pocket PC 2003. In some cases, an application written using the Standard SDK for Windows CE .NET will only need to be recompiled to run on Standard SDK based device that utilizes a different CPU.
System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 2, Windows XP

eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 SP2

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...91-16b0-4019-a174-0c40e6d25fe7&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-ce-standard-software-development-kit-sdk-may-14.133830/
Relevancy 60.63%

Good day

I recently started at a company where i assist in small IT related tasks.

Recently we have started to experience some trouble with our server, we will all still be working perfectly fine (via Remote Desktop) then all of a sudden we lose our connection to the server and when i go to see what the problem is, I see the blue screen
of death on the screen with the following message:
"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.
If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (TSFairShare.sys)"
 If anyone can please assist me in what this means and how to resolve it i would appreciate it seeing as i don't have
a clue in connection to servers.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a269f407-56ba-4b9c-b7a1-5d5bc718e6f5/windows-2012-server-bsod?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 60.63%

I can guess the answer, no, but you never know. Is it possible to upgrade Windows 10 Pro 64-bit to Windows Server 2012 R2? What happens if you run the setup from Windows 10 Pro? You will be given the choice to upgrade, or be prompted to restart and do a clean installation? As far as I know, Windows Server 2012 R2 is the server counterpart of Windows 10. They even share most of the drivers. Assuming you have a computer running Windows 10 Pro and want to convert that to a small server, running say Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation Edition. Is that possible, or you have to format and clean install? Hopefully the drivers will be the same as in Windows 10.

Alternatively, is there any upgrade/addon to add server aspects in Windows 10 Pro (eg mail server, file server or HTTP server)? Is there an equivalent of Windows Home Server for Windows 10?

Thank you for your time.

A:Is it possible to upgrade Windows 10 to Server 2012 R2?

No. Windows Server 2012 R2 is the server version of Windows 8.1

The server version of Windows 10 has not yet been released, but it will be called Windows Server 2016.

And no, you cannot upgrade a desktop OS to a Server OS.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/44186-possible-upgrade-windows-10-server-2012-r2.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there
Will the W2012 Server get the 8.1 type of update --anybody know. There seems to be a deafening silence on W2012 server which IMO is strange as it is STREETS ahead of the really horrible W2008 server.

W2012 server has options though already to avoid the whole metro stuff but it would be nice to add some of the proposed customisation features to it.

I'm also not hearing anything about whether W8 ENTERPRISE will also be upgraded -- IMO this is MORE important even than the HOME versions if Ms wants businesses to adopt W8. Boot to the standard desktop is really a MUST for businesses - by also pinning standard programs to the quick launch task bar and / or the desktop a lot of problems of User training can be avoided.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Windows 2012 server to get update or not - anybody

I am wondering this myself. Also, how will future support work for users who do not upgrade to 8.1? Nothing in 8.1 looks to have much of an effect on someone who uses a SMR and the desktop exclusively. Should I bother upgrading and risk having some type of issue with my work PC?
I recently rolled out a 6 PC trial with Windows 8 and Start8 (Start8 with GPO), and am really concerned 8.1 could break something with GPO or Start 8. Ugg, MS.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/26007-windows-2012-server-get-update-not-anybody.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My office computer runs Windows XP Professional SP see below and I m connected to our new server running Server Essentials For Server from XP Disconnects Windows 2012 the last month or so at every afternoon my Windows XP Disconnects from Server 2012 computer loses its connection to the server I have two programs that access the server and both give me error messages and freeze and I need to restart Windows XP Disconnects from Server 2012 to get back to normal I don t pay much attention to my clock so I m typically on the phone with a customer trying to accomplish something when my system has a meltdown The same error messages come up each time The Security System detected an attempted downgrade attack for server cifs DELLSERVER The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was quot There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request xc e quot The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server cifs DELLSERVER No authentication protocol was available According to the error logs this happens in the evenings and early mornings too although not every day When it does happen during non-work hours it looks like it s consistently an hour apart AM AM AM etc or PM PM PM The error will show up or times in a row then everything will work fine for several hours I do not have any idea where to start to fix this To my knowledge I m the only one with this issue so I m pretty sure it s a problem specific to my machine As always thanks for your help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon Xpress Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc MH Antivirus Symantec Endpoint Protection Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-disconnects-from-server-2012.1096497/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,..

There are suppose some pre-made groups in windows server 2012,..like guest, remote desktop users, administrator, administrators...etc...

So i want to know that how to modify "administrators" group settings to limit/disable some permissions without affecting "administrator" group !

Kindly help me.

Thanks

A:How to set permissions in windows server 2012 ?

Hi,

Which permissions/privileges in particular where you looking to remove from administrators?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379481-how-set-permissions-windows-server-2012-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys,

This is the first time using the forum so I apologize if this has been put in the incorrect place. My brother recently installed Hyper V Server 2012 r2, which boots up everytime I start my laptop. I just want help in how to completely remove the software and help get back my Windows 8. Neither me or him know how to get back to windows 8.

Thanks in advance guys.

A:Help with Windows Hyper V Server 2012 R2

Well, you must have a bootable Windows 8 DVD or USB. Go to the BIOS settings, select to have the DVD or USB device as first device. Then it should say "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD..." if you have a DVD or it will show the OEM or Windows logo directly (USB). When you are prompted for the installation type, choose Custom. Make sure you have backed up your files. Delete every partition of Disk 0 and then choose the Unallocated Space to install.

I hope this helps you.

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/66208-help-windows-hyper-v-server-2012-r2.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am going to be doing a much needed upgrade at a office taking them from SBS 2003 to Windows Server 2012 Std. This should be more simple than most as they use it is a domain controller, and file/print server. No Exchange, sharepoint, etc.

They do have one program that uses SQL on the server but I already have a plan for migrating that over.

So, do you guys have any recommended document on how to do this migration? Seems like I can mainly treat it as Server 2003 to Server 2012 and just leave the SBS components out but wanted to check with you guys.

Thanks!

A:SBS 2003 to Windows Server 2012 Std

I believe you have to cleanup Exchange from the domain, I used the package from sbsmigration.com when I did my migration (SBS2003 to 2008R2)

https://hardforum.com/threads/sbs-2003-to-windows-server-2012-std.1905628/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I downloaded the .iso of windows server standard 2012. I was told to use the windows 7 usb dvd download tool but when I browse to the .iso of windows server standard 2012 and try to load it. It says that "the selected file is not a valid ISO file. Please select a valid ISO file and try again." I cant figure out why it is doing this but is this a common problem? are there alternatives tools that can put windows server 2012 standard onto a bootable USB drive because my server has no dvd drive, just a cd and USBs. Please HHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

A:Bootable USB for Windows Server 2012

Poweriso free ( unregistered ) version seems to work very well.

PowerISO - Create, Burn, Mount, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

If you d/l from there , it just runs as the free version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/248695-bootable-usb-windows-server-2012-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,
I am using windows server 2012 R2 on hyper-v. because of some reasons my server turn off. When i start the machine it just keep spinning. Please find the below screenshot. Can anyone give me a solution to make it work.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cdec233-e2bb-44e4-a193-84b4b0c0aa31/windows-server-2012-r2-keeps-on-spinning?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 60.63%

My Windows 8 Desktop and Tablet are always getting optional updates for errors regarding Windows Server 2012 R2. I have no idea what that is, and if I should install them. I'm not running a server, so I'm guessing that I can just hide them. Am I right?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/69651-windows-server-2012-r2-updates-what-they.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Recently, Microsoft included the Windows Server 2012 R2 RTM on their Dreamspark basic site. Currently, I'm running the R1 version on a virtual machine using VMware Player. How can I upgrade the R1 to R2 while keeping all of my files and settings using VMware?

Do I just boot from the ISO (I haven't downloaded it yet) (CD/DVD settings inside R1 VM) and then it will detect and upgrade R1 or I have no choice but to create another VM and then manually replicate my files and settings from R1 VM? I really don't want to do the latter since it's very time consuming. I hope someone has thoughts on how to do this.

A:Windows Server 2012 R2 upgrade over R1?

Wow, I just redirected VMware to the R2 iso and just followed the simple steps and I'm now currently upgrading on VMware. I didn't know it was possible to do that. I'll mark this thread as solved if there are no issues with the in place upgrade. Hopefully, everything works fine.

Update: everything went smoothly and now enjoying Server 2012 R2. Sadly, no colorful backgrounds in R2 unlike 8.1. All of my "3D" Metro App games like Pinball FX2, Jetpack Joyride, etc. work perfectly after the in place upgrade .

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/32140-windows-server-2012-r2-upgrade-over-r1.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello This is my first thread When i install sql server standard edition i have a message quot Microsoft SQL Server Standard Edition Server Component is not supported on this operating system only client components will be available for installation quot Hence I cannot install properly I installed only the client componets Thereafter when I went through Enterprise Manager and tried to establish a connection I failed It said server does not exist What to do now I found out that if one has sql server standard editon the prerequisties are Microsoft Windows NT Server with Service Pack or later Windows NT Server Enterprise Edition with Service Pack or later Windows Server Windows Advanced Server or Windows Datacenter Server I have windows xp professional version on which i am installing sql server But i have seen many persons who have installed sql server standard edition server installing standard windows 2000 in xp sql professional edition in windows xp pro They downloaded something probably a service pack and went into regedit Kindly let me know installing sql server 2000 standard edition in windows xp professional what do download and what to do after going inside regedit Thanks cmrhema nbsp

A:installing sql server 2000 standard edition in windows xp professional

Do these "many persons" actually run the SQL Server engine on their computers or did they just install the client tools to be able to connect to another SQL Server machine?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-sql-server-2000-standard-edition-in-windows-xp-professional.77888/
Relevancy 60.2%

This request was originally Regrowing Sphere 2012? 2012? ?Security and Antispyware "XP posted as http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic htmlOriginal situation About two weeks ago one of the computers I deal with was sick with one of the fake Antivirus scamware infections I fixed it I thought using the manual removal instructions from this site FixNCR reg rkill exe MalWareBytes It worked fine until this morning when it displayed XP Antispyware and Security Sphere These were removed manually using the instructions on this site After this the computer running normally without malware symptoms But because the malware regrew last time or was reinfected despite running AV I would appreciate it if someone could take a look at it with me One thing I have noticed is that the HOSTS file is locked or blocked against editing SPYBOT SEARCH amp DESTROY usually keeps many sites blocked in HOSTS but all of these are missing and SPYBOT Regrowing "XP Antispyware 2012? and ?Security Sphere 2012? reports that it is unable to re-IMMUNIZE Also HOSTS cannot be manually edited These new logs were requested by the Advisor Broni DEFOGGERDDSMALWAREBYTESGMER DEFOGGER LOG Reboot NOT requested defogger disable by jpshortstuff Log created at on Regrowing "XP Antispyware 2012? and ?Security Sphere 2012? Staff Checking for autostart values HKCU Run values retrieved HKLM Run values retrieved Checking for services drivers - E O F - DDS LOG DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Staff at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PD Agent exeC Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exeC Program Files Pitney Bowes PC Meter Connect mailstationAssistant exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS Seiko slpcap exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exeC Program Files RealVNC VNC vncclipboard exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp att my yahoo com uDefault Page URL hxxp www dell me com mywaybizuSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search htmluSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie mSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search htmluSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo comuURLSearchHooks H - No FileuURLSearchHooks H - No FileuURLSearchHooks H - No FilemURLSearchHooks H - No FilemURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dllBHO EpicPlay Games e b-a b- -ba - da ac c f - c program files epicplay epicPlayGames dllBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dllBHO Google Toolb... Read more

A:Regrowing "XP Antispyware 2012” and “Security Sphere 2012”

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/433942 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433942/regrowing-xp-antispyware-2012-and-security-sphere-2012/
Relevancy 60.2%

I need Drivers For Windows Server 2012 + EliteDesk 800  G1 TWR There is no drivers for Windows Server 2012  !!     

A:Windows Server 2012 + EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR Drivers

Hi: HP does not support the EliteDesk models for any Windows Server operating systems. The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W8.1 drivers and see if they work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Windows-Server-2012-EliteDesk-800-G1-TWR-Drivers/td-p/5812089
Relevancy 60.2%

I've got MBSA 2.3 (in fact, it's 2.3.2211.0) installed on a Windows 8.1 Laptop and I'm trying to scan a Windows 2012 R2 server against MS patch catalogue.
When I try I get this error:
"Computer has an older version of the client and security database demands a newer version. Current version is and minmum required version is ."
That is a copy and paste of the error. No version numbers are listed and minimum has a typo in it.
Installing MBSA onto the server fairs no better with a dialog box showing a script error.

Gary Williams

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/83486567-d361-4094-b030-0061c53d95aa/problems-scanning-a-windows-2012-r2-server?forum=MBSA
Relevancy 60.2%

Would like to know if any one got successfully installed Windows server 2012 R2 drivers. I am trying to install wireless drivers for couple of days now and couldn't get them working. Any help would be really appreciated.Thank you

A:Wireless drivers - Windows Server 2012 R2

Hi: What model wireless card does your notebook have?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-drivers-Windows-Server-2012-R2/td-p/5617250
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Sorry since this is not relevant to Windows but I post here in hope that someone knows and can help since Google is not always helpful I got my hands on Windows Server R this weekend I installed on a customer's server and before I give it to him I thought I would compare it to Windows and and see the similarities and differences The first thing Windows R2 verify 2012 Cannot in IE Java Server 11 I Cannot verify Java in IE 11 Windows Server 2012 R2 noticed was that I could not change the desktop icons unless I enabled the Desktop Experience Feature first I then noticed that it could accept Windows drivers as expected and it could run almost anything that can be run on Windows Then it might be my idea but I think it is somewhat faster than running Windows on the same hardware Probably this is because most features are disabled by default making it lighter than a full-featured Windows installation Now my question I installed Flash Java and Silverlight mostly to check compatibility I noticed that Java installed successfully both -bit and -bit version just in case but when trying to verify Java installation in Internet Explorer I get a message that is not installed or disabled I checked both in IE settings and in Java Control Panel it is enabled and of course there is registered in Programs and Features Am I missing something Thank you in advance and excuse me for the off-topic post

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/51826-cannot-verify-java-ie-11-windows-server-2012-r2.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I'am using standard HttpWebRequest's cache from the NET framework box That is using IE and Temporary Internet Files as a storage On nbsp Windows Server I getting unhandled errors from nbsp WinInetCache x ee however it's working properly on my Windows workstation nbsp nbsp WinInet Error Code nbsp nbsp ERROR INTERNET INTERNAL ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp An internal error has occurred What flow could raise that error in my case Tracing from server nbsp System Net Cache Information Cache-Control private max-age System Net Cache Information Date Wed Oct GMT System Net Cache Information Expires Wed Oct GMT System Net Cache Information Server Apache-Coyote System Net Cache Information Content-Type application json charset utf- System Net Cache Information Vary Accept-Encoding System Net Cache Information Content-Encoding nbsp System Net Cache Information Content-Length System Net Cache Information Accept-Encoding gzip deflate System Net Cache Warning Create operation failed - gt Unknown error x ee System Net Cache Verbose Exiting WinInetCache Store System Net Cache Information WinInetCache UnlockEntry stream System Windows 11.0.35 WinInetCache on R2, 2012 IE not working is Server IO Stream NullStream System Net Cache Verbose Exiting RequestCacheProtocol GetUpdateStatus nbsp - gt result DoNotUpdateCache As result there are no cache files in IE cache folder nbsp C Users USERPROFILE AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCache Please WinInetCache is not working on Windows Server 2012 R2, IE 11.0.35 advise WinInetCache is not working on Windows Server 2012 R2, IE 11.0.35 Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dbf01a6e-b433-4a13-bd5d-2131745ef578/wininetcache-is-not-working-on-windows-server-2012-r2-ie-11035?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 60.2%

I installed Windows Server on Server 2012 Windows Repairing Installation 8 a new machine and for some reason the install put the quot System Windows 8 Repairing Server 2012 Installation Reserved quot partition on one disk the data disk and the quot System Boot quot partition on another disk my intended system boot disk The Server install disk does not have a repair option so I tried a Windows install disk and used the repair feature of that disk I disconnected the data disk and ran the repair and it looks like it has worked The server machine can boot and seems to run ok but the repair installed the files that would normally be on the quot System Reserved quot partition onto the boot disk partition of C so my C drive only has one partition and it contains all the boot files and OS files My question is that is it ok to have all the files on one partition or am I going to run into potential problems down the line

A:Windows 8 Repairing Server 2012 Installation

I installed Windows Server 2012 on a new machine and for some reason,

As the new MOBO's now have a uEFI/BIOS firmware.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI BIOS:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

For more info on uEFI:
Windows and GPT FAQ
Unified Extensible Firmware Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UEFI and Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/17929-windows-8-repairing-server-2012-installation.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello everybody,
I have a Question about IE11:
How can I uninstall IE11 in Windows 2012 R2?

I cant find it in features or installed updates...

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Patrick

A:How can I uninstall IE11 from Windows Server 2012 R2?

Hi,
Based on my knowledge, in Windows server 2012 R2, IE 11 is preinstalled, which cannot downgrade to IE 10.

Thanks for your understanding.We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3e067a12-e859-4854-a5d3-2c0415a16b63/how-can-i-uninstall-ie11-from-windows-server-2012-r2?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi All, I have HP Proliant DL380 G7 server and want to install Windows Server 2012 R2 but it is not available in smartstart cd version 8.50, so can anyone please advise how can i install the Windows server 2012 R2? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/How-to-install-Windows-Server-2012-R2-without-having-smart/td-p/5623981
Relevancy 60.2%

Refresh PC and Reset PC not in Windows Server 2012 ????

A:Refresh PC and Reset PC not in Windows Server 2012 ????

Should it be? What may be a great client feature may not necessarily be advisable for a server. Also how likely are you to muck up a server with too many installs and uninstalls?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9862-refresh-pc-reset-pc-not-windows-server-2012-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

In Windows server 2012 none of my scripts are working. The same works in 2008 server. 

If I add the application to trusted  site or if I turn off the security setting to off it works fine. But I need a solution without changing these features. Please help me out in fixing it. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fddd1986-6559-4407-9597-f222eb9844d6/javascripts-are-not-loaded-in-windows-2012-server?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 60.2%

Can I get Internet Explorer 11 for Windows Server 2012 ?
NO R2,
I want to use Internet Explorer 11 on Windows Server 2012.
Regards,
Yoshihiro Kawabata

A:Can I get Internet Explorer 11 for Windows Server 2012 ?

Hi,

As I known, Internet Explorer 11 is preinstalled with Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. No additional action is required.

If you plan to run IE 11 on Windows server 2012, it won?t be supported. Internet Explorer 11 is not available for download for on Windows Server 2012.

For more information, you may refer to:

Internet Explorer 11 - FAQ for IT Pros

http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn268945.aspx

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair DengWe
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/193b638a-2e49-4357-9885-57e003298b60/can-i-get-internet-explorer-11-for-windows-server-2012-?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 60.2%

I want to extended screensaver timeout for some users and that too only on some servers.
All users are placed in OU and nested OU
All servers are placed in OU and nested OU
Some set of users when login to any particular server from server Group should have timeout extended till 1 hr from 15 min.
How to do that. Please if anyone can help, would appreciate.
Can email me as well @ : [email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fc42cf52-30f1-481b-ad6b-4bb93df6a68f/windows-server-2012-r2-gpo-related-issue?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 60.2%

Good evening,
I'm running into an issue with open files on my Windows Server. It's running Windows Server 2012 STD. I have multiple users opening and closing the same bunch of files on the same network drive. They are experiencing error's when trying to open, save or rename a file. Error: the file is locked for editing, open in read only. When I go to computer management in the server and view the files, they're listed in open files but users have nothing open on their machines. It's almost list the server is not recognizing that they are closing out of the files. If I have the reboot their machines or if I reboot the server, it resolves the issue but eventually happens again. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/windows-server-2012-open-files-4601217/
Relevancy 60.2%

Dear Friends The sister of a friend of mine has recently died and he has inherited her computer with ME as the O S and only M B of memory He himself is years old and has never used a computer before and I am trying to help him although I have little technical knowledge myself Another friend has connected him to the Internet using a wireless hub B T in the U K but the P C had no quot security quot software at all The difficulty I am having is finding free security software which will work with ME I have installed Avast anti-virus although I note support is to be withdrawn at the end of Other software which I use on my own computer such as AVG Spybot Software Solved: Windows - Security ME Ad-Aware and the Zone Alarm firewall do not appear to run on ME I wonder please whether any kind person using ME knows of Solved: Windows ME - Security Software any free security software which can be installed and used with the operating system Thank you for reading this Red Cloud nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I worngly deleted some files < I can't remember those file > and then when i explore the device manager from My Computer and give ther error message "Snap-in failed to initialize"

Also when I explore one of the Computer Management - user or etc the system give me the error "Snap-in failed to initialize"

Kindly help to fix that problem

Mg Mg

A:Snap-in failed to initialize at Windows server 2003 standard edition

I am sorry. Now I can find the deleted files at recycle bin folder and I restore those file at original location.
Now all system seem to be OK.

Mg Mg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/snap-in-failed-to-initialize-at-windows-server-2003-standard-edition.394518/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I was infected somehow with a ransomeware cryptolockers or something on my folder share on a windows 2003 server standard edition.

Although i've manage to get some files with a recovery tool rest of my files are still encrypted somehow.

I dont want to pay for this since i will encourage those guys.

I bumped into this forum by searching for a day now and i hope you will be able to help me recover my woek files which their all word documents mostly.

thank you

Dimitris

https://malwaretips.com/threads/infection-of-some-kind-of-ransomware-on-a-windows-2003-server-standard-edition.56361/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm going to use Windows Server for a file server on-site backup OK Here is what I have learned just enough to talk the talk but not walk the walk Actually Win 's file system is ReFS And ReFS is a whole lot different from NTFS Have a read http msdn microsoft com en-us library windows desktop hh v vs aspx https blogs msdn com Windows 2012: --- Use also? ReFS as Server NTFS? vs Workstation b b archive edirected true http www pcmag com article asp For obvious reasons I want all my files systems to be converted from NTFS to ReFS I think MS calls that Data Windows Server 2012: Use as Workstation also? --- ReFS vs NTFS? Deduplication but I need to read more http msdn microsoft com en-us library windows desktop hh v vs aspx What I have learned though is that yes you can convert Windows Server to a Workstation but you will encounter lots and lots of problems Not relevant here but I can list them if you wish What I need Windows Server 2012: Use as Workstation also? --- ReFS vs NTFS? to know is how do I converted all my many TB's to ReFS If I dump Win for Win Blue I know Win will read my NTFS but how can I convert them to ReFS Another final question What do you guys think about Windows Blue I hear it's much faster than my Win bit Ultimate I don't like slow

A:Windows Server 2012: Use as Workstation also? --- ReFS vs NTFS?

Based on what I read on link #2, only the server version of Windows 8 supports formatting to ReFS file system so I think you must use Windows Server 2012 as a file server instead of 8 or Blue. Also, based on link #2, neither Windows 8 or server 2012 can even boot on a ReFS file system. They can only boot with NTFS. However, with Server 2012, you can probably use disk management to convert all your HDDs to ReFS except the HDD where Server 2012 is installed (not sure if this is true since this is my first time learning about this information, and I've been using Server 2012 as a VM for Metro Apps since its launch).

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/293764-windows-server-2012-use-workstation-also-refs-vs-ntfs.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I tried setting my mates AOL email account (imap) tonight in Windows Live Mail 2012, everything went fine until it was time to "download" the folders from AOL, we keep on getting a "Server error message" and the folders will not download.
Now I know nothing about AOL as I'm in Aust. and my mate is in Michigan USA

I have Googled for answers left - right and center and the answers I did find re the settings did nothing to help us with the problem.

Could somebody help us out please or point us in the right direction as to how we may solve this issue.

Thanks.

A:Problem with AOL Server in Windows Live Mail 2012

What is the exact "Server error message" you get? A screen shot(s) might be easiest and best.
Can you post screen shots of the Email account setup showing servers, ports, security settings, etc?
Just don't post the email address or any other personal data.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/310287-problem-aol-server-windows-live-mail-2012-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

i have purchase "Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit" OS but Internet explorer (IE) 10 is not available, Pre-installed IE11. Internet explorer 10 is available in "Windows Server 2012 64-bit". so i want install, Internet Explorer 10, Can Microsoft
change/Replace Product key for "Windows Server 2012 64-bit"? i have invoice, Original DVD and Product Key.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c76ddd8a-e93d-42a2-9d0b-5492023a8a6c/windows-server-2012-r2-64bit-does-not-support-internet-explorer-10?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 59.34%

How to stop having blocking message in windows server 2012?

I?m wondering if there is a way to stop having blocking message (attached) in windows server 2012. This message comes up each time any desktop application or internet browser is started.

Which settings might control it?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

A:How to stop having blocking message in windows server 2012?

It looks like you need to turn off IE enhanced security - How to disable IE Enhanced Security in Windows Server 2012 | blksthl

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305884-how-stop-having-blocking-message-windows-server-2012-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Do I need to reinstall a Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials when switching from evaluation copy to "purchased"?
Or can I simply enter the new key?

A:Windows Server 2012 Evaluation upgrade to purchased key

Evaluation Versions and Upgrade Options for Windows Server 2012

https://hardforum.com/threads/windows-server-2012-evaluation-upgrade-to-purchased-key.1904124/
Relevancy 59.34%

Well, I have done some experimentation this evening, and I'm happy to say the updates for Windows Server 2012 install successfully on to Windows 8, including those for IE10. I thought you might be interested in some of my findings so far, so I've linked to my thread on MSFN.

Server 2012 Updates on Windows 8 - Windows 8 - MSFN Forum

Cheers All!
(There's still hope for Windows 8 Yet!)

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/73919-server-2012-updates-successfully-installed-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

?Internet explorer? message in windows server 2012,

I?m wondering why the attached messages appear each time any software is launched in windows server 2012.

How to stop having these messages?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

A:“Internet explorer” message in windows server 2012,

Which other programs do these messages appear in,
Obviously this particular program relies on an Internet connection and accessing a database on the site which not many programs I know of do this ?
Your screen shots exclude your taskbar,
You might try holding down the Ctrl key when you click to open this program and see what effect it has,
Or right click it and click on Run as administrator when you open it.

Also see the links above my signature picture/ Fill in your system spec's sheet, add which security suite you use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/307784-internet-explorer-message-windows-server-2012-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

We have a server that was put in by a company that Windows Cannot Administrator? 2012 Server Update: Controlled by likely no longer exists and may not have even been a legitimate company in the first place Server came with the OS installed but we did not get any documentation on the authenticity of the Windows license nor is there a sticker on the machine seems fishy to me The server runs Windows Server It Windows Server 2012 Cannot Update: Controlled by Administrator? will not update as it says that updates are disabled and does not allow me to enable them as they are controlled by the administrator What Windows Server 2012 Cannot Update: Controlled by Administrator? s worse is that any computers joined to the domain that this server controls are also plagued by the inability to update There appears to be the following problems Phantom update server - The computers that are members of the domain try and update from some source elsewhere than the regular Windows Update servers from Microsoft The computers do not let me change update settings if they are joined to the domain They say the setting is controlled by the administrator The server will not get updates as they are disabled and does not let me enable them because they are controlled by the administrator I am the administrator so that doesn t make sense I can t seem to figure out why this is the case as I went into the group policy editor on the server and changed all the Windows Update settings I could find back to not configured I restarted the server and the workstations and still I cannot enable updates on the server nor will the workstations update properly Update Found some sneaky settings hiding in group policy that were under system instead of the other category I was looking in Now it says that the update status is download only in the server manager window that pops up at logon but if I try and go to the Windows Update settings in the control panel the window just freezes nbsp

A:Windows Server 2012 Cannot Update: Controlled by Administrator?

Really nasty -- sorry to hear of your fate.

You might check out How to disable GPOs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-server-2012-cannot-update-controlled-by-administrator.196922/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi...I got the delivery of my new XPS 8900 system last week. I installed Windows server 2012 R2 but I'm not able to connect to any WiFi network. The driver based on my Service Tag is not compatible.
Any assistance is much appreciated.

A:XPS 8900, Windows Server 2012 R2, WiFi driver?

The XPS 8900 sold with multiple WiFi cards. Check your invoice and tell us which one was installed.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19964447
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there Unfortunately it's currently or seems currently impossible to get Video to play in the IE version shipped with IE possible (Sound IE10 -- Windows OK) server No 2012 video Even when you get it pinned to the taskbar and can launch it from the desktop --when you try and get Adobe flash player this is what appears screen shot enc You also get a message saying Flash player already included in this version of IE - but there isn't or at least I haven't found any IE10 Windows 2012 server -- No video possible (Sound OK) method of enabling it Note this is IE included with WINDOWS SERVER not the WINDOWS version Now as Windows server is a RELEASE CANDIDATE this potentially means the same error could appear on IE when Windows finally ships Also note that I WAS in DESKTOP mode too It's not a mega IE10 Windows 2012 server -- No video possible (Sound OK) issue here as this is a SERVER which I'll eventually run from POWERSHELL command line --no GUI don't confuse with Windows CLASSIC SHELL which is a rd party add on to bring Menu back to W and W server --works too etc Cheers jimbo

A:IE10 Windows 2012 server -- No video possible (Sound OK)

You also get a message saying Flash player already included in this version of IE - but there isn't (or at least I haven't found any) method of enabling it.

Note this is IE10 included with WINDOWS 2012 SERVER (not the WINDOWS 8 version). Now as Windows 2012 server is a RELEASE CANDIDATE this potentially means the same error could appear on IE10 when Windows 8 finally ships.

Hi Jimbo. Sorry to read of your frustration!

I'm confused (which at my age is not unusual). Correct me if I'm wrong. The current IE10 should be IE10 in any release, shouldn't it? I don't know diddly about writing and don't pretend to know. Doesn't one, when writing an OS, just take a program or object (if that's the correct term) and include it in?

In windows 8, I've noticed a difference between IE10 in Metro verses desktop. I checked in both UIs and they are both the same version of IE10. In Metro it's treated as a Metro app. In desktop it's the IE we're all familiar with. Also, I've never had a problem playing videos via IE10, whether YouTube or elsewhere. Although, if I remember correctly, I was surfing one day in Metro IE and came upon a page that warned that I needed Adobe Flash to view a video. So I proceeded to go to the Adobe site to download, but then it stated that "This version of Flash is not compatible with your version on IE", which I thought was strange.

After reading your 1st post here, I did some investigating and found this in my IE addons:

Attachment 7317

You can see in the upper left window the list of Adobe addons. The 2nd window is the "More Information" window that shows Shockwave Flash Object addon is listed as a M$ 3rd party component.

I then thought that perhaps things got updated so just for grins I again proceeded to go to the Adobe site and downloaded Flash player. It installed, but IE still lists it as a 3rd party component.

Would you please expound on what's going on here?

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/7674-ie10-windows-2012-server-no-video-possible-sound-ok.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am trying to install Windows Server 2012 R2 on my XPS 8900.  I have the following "unknown" devices that need drivers:
Bluetooth Radio
Network Adapter
Ethernet Adapter
PCI Simple Communications Controller
Dell's Windows 8.1 x64 drivers will not install.  Anybody know what the integrated (Ethernet) network controller is? Intel? What model? I may have to manually select the driver from the PROSet package.  How about driver candidates for the Bluetooth and PCI SCC?
Any other help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

A:XPS 8900 Windows Server 2012 R2 network (all) drivers...

Update:
I was able to manually install the Ethernet Adapter from the Dell driver download package.  Still needing:
Bluetooth Radio
Network Adapter (wireless adapter?)
PCI Simple Communications Controller
for Windows Server 2012 R2.
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19670177
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain in the dmz. I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain in the network. I can access the one in the network to the dmz without a problem, but I cannot access the one in the dmz to the network. The ip addresses in the network are different than the ip address in the dmz. I fowarded the ports but the dmz box still gets blocked. I tried to do it by VPN after setting the router to accept VPN. The connection still gets blocked. I set all the firewall settings.

I'm not sure where to go from here, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,
I have a Windows 7 Ultimate workstation which has data encrypted with BitLocker.  I want to move this data to a Windows 2012 R2 server.  Do I need to un-encrypt the data beforehand or can I just move the data over to the server?
The data currently resides in an SQL environment on the workstation.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1e82aa56-861c-4e04-a109-81a63c0ffb3a/transferring-windows-7-encrypted-data-bitlocker-to-a-windows-2012-r2-server?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 59.34%

I got infected with this virus and some Security Windows 2012 7 other trojans I ran a few bootable antivirus CDs and they manage to clean up infecions which I do not recall but the Windows Security which it was deleted from the system the file rik exe which every time loaded into memory executes itself Windows 7 Security 2012 I am sure it is not there anymore nevertheless has left my pc inoperable since all executables are not loading instead opens up a screen asking me how I want to open this file with and give options media center and windows media player A colleague told me to run combofix but I do not know how to do it since it is not running any EXE file besides according to this forum I should not run it unless told by the helper here This is happening with my desktop pc with the notebook which I am using to write this message is very slow and it does not allow me to see the files loaded in task manager by doing CRTL ALT DEL all I can see are the apps running but not the tabs to go to services users performance and so on Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:Windows 7 Security 2012

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/432296 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432296/windows-7-security-2012/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I've been having some issues trying to delete the Security Windows 2012 WinSec virus The first time I simply tried deleting the local file by using Go To Process and Open File Location in the Task Manager It stopped it for a time but obviously wasn't enough It then tried to screw up my registry so Windows Security 2012 when I opened programs it would ask me how to open the exe For some you could just open the exe with itself and it would work so I ran CCleaner to clean up the registry and that solved that problem However it was still there so I performed a System Restore to which is right before it started I just completed a full system scan with Avast as well as Spybot S amp D and uninstalled the programs you requested us to in the pinned topic The appropriate files are attached Note I uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials right after I created the DDS files so only Avast is my only anti-virus now DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Diagille at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system FBAgent exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display NvXDSync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControl exe C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files COMODO Unite EzVpnSvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files P G BatteryLife exe C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite adminservice exe C Windows SysWOW ACEngSvr exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C ExpressGateUtil VAWinService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware NisSrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe C Program Files x AmIcoSingLun AmIcoSinglun exe C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrlHelper exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-security-2012-a-620586.html
Relevancy 59.34%

ok first off the box is a HP with a AMD Athlon II X4 precessor with 8 gigs ram 1 TB hard drive Windows 7

Was infected with the Win 7 security 2012 maleware. I followed the removal guide.. finshed off with Maleware bytes

on second reboot after the infection it came back with a vengence. ran malewarebytes again and now system will not reboot

Goes tot he loading / splash screen and then restarts. I have tried the win 7 start up repaire with no help ..Im thinking its a corupt start up file.

Thanks in advance for any help ...I really dont want to format and reload if I dont have too

Lets give it a try. You will need a USB (Flash) pendrive.For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options. To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Click on Repair your computer menu item.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand PromptSelect Command PromptIn the command window type in notepad and press Enter.The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.The tool will start to run.When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438862/windows-7-security-2012/
Relevancy 59.34%

my computer has the above virus, can't download without getting a box stating choose a download box with putting back to the beginning , round and round

Welcome aboard Do you have another working computer and USB flash drive?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435888/windows-7-security-2012/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello one of my family member's computers recently got 2012 7 Windows Security infected and Windows 7 Security 2012 I need to fix it First off we tried running Avast Antivirus which was apparently never set up correctly probably the reason we got infected in the first place After trying to register it and update the virus definitions and the program it can't do so So I've been following the steps on BleepingComputer to remove the Win Security virus trojan After applying the registry fix supplied on the page I am now successfully able to run some required programs These include iExplore and rkill to kill the virus processes After doing so I tried to run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware After trying to run a Full Scan the program froze and it seems that the rest of the computer did as well I had to hard reset the computer The same result after multiple tries So after thinking of posting it here I tried to run DDS not Gmer because the laptop is -bit Win That didn't work- cmd didn't seem to actually run the scan although the window opened I then took it back into my own hands and tried to install MSE from Chrome MSE wouldn't install so I decided to get the installer from the Lifehacker Ninite package Doing so allowed the antivirus to install so I tried to update the virus definitions Success I then ran a full scan and it's running right now I have no logs to provide because I am unable to produce them even with the virus processes killed it actually seemed to kill some hp and google processes along with it What should I do Posting again because I can't find the Edit button I got the logs from DDS after running the MSE scan it quarantined two trojans which probably prevented DDS from functioning correctly Avast still can't update and IE is being redirected but not Chrome I hopefully countered this temporarily by installing MVP Hosts Chrome is having trouble downloading DDS so I had to get it from a disc and put it on the desktop If the DDS log is incomplete MSE detected Trojan Simda or something along the lines of that which might of been DDS DDS wasn't terminated though I quarantined Simda and here I am DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by christine at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files Hewlett-Packard File Sanitizer HPFSService exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Drive Encryption HpFkCrypt exe C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C windows system atiesrxx exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system Hpservice exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows system WLANExt exe C windows system conhost exe C windows System spoolsv exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager Bin DpHostW exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files IDT WDM aestsrv exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Password Filter for HP ProtectTools PTChangeFilterService exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP QuickLook HPDayStarterService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP HotKey Support hpHotkeyMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ c Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C windows system uArcCapture exe C Progra... Read more

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan/rootkit.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please refer to Microsoft's Online Safety article for tips on creating a strong password.

Do not change passwords or do any transactions from the infected computer until it has been cleaned.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

If there are any personal files, pics, etc. on your computer you cannot live without, back them up now just as a precaution.

Emergency Backup Procedure - Tech Support Forum

It appears that you have three antivirus programs installed, avast!, Security Essentials, and Norton. Please uninstall avast! and Norton via Programs and Features in your Control Panel.

Please download ComboFix and Save it to your Desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Double-click ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts to run it.

Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please post that log, C:\ComboFix.txt, in your next reply.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

If you get an 'Illegal operation attempted on a Registry key which has been marked for deletion' error message, please reboot your machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-7-security-2012-a-618314.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I got the malware virus labeled Windows Security and have tried diligently to follow your guide quot by the letter quot but I am still having issues particularly with internet access I have it but it won t allow me to go to certain areas such as Google and programs continue to lock up I have downloaded and activated Windows Security PC Tools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware every time I run a scan with one Security Windows 2012 or the other they find something now it seems to be pretty much the same thing each time but I can tell there are more files than what they are locating as I see a lot of extra files that don t look quot right quot I m smart enough to know that but Windows Security 2012 also smart enough to know that I don t know for sure which ones need to be removed and or re-written sending the logs for your review when you get time any help or advice you can offer is much appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Administrator at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV PC Tools Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus Disabled Updated D C B -C DC- F- EF - AF A EFF AV Norton Disabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA FW Norton Disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I K EXE C program files real realplayer update realsched exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Fighters Tray FightersTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Free Ride Games GPlayer exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Fighters FULL-DISKfighter Common Toolkit Tools exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k eapsvcs C WINDOWS system E S RP EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system SAgent exe C Program Files Fighters FighterSuiteService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe c program files real realplayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page uSearch Bar uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c documents and settings all users application data real realplayer browserrecordplugin ie rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton engine ips IPSBHO DLL BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler b f... Read more

A:Windows Security 2012

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/432017 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432017/windows-security-2012/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have windows XP media center edition SP I've gotten the Windows Security virus and did a few of the things suggested on tech boards Running the Rkill and some other program so that I could run malwarebytes That fixed my problem to a degree so Security 2012 Windows I decided to run an Avast boot scan and I got rid of infected files Now Windows Security 2012 I can't seem to connect to the internet It says it is searching for an IP address My other computers connect fine with no problem I'd like to know if I still have the virus which I know I probably do and how I can fix my other problem as well Thank you so much Another note I tried to do the Kaspersky boot scan with the virus boot USB disk I can't get into my BIOS settings to change it so it boots from a USB drive My laptop screen is busted and the monitor won't kick on until windows loads up so it is impossible for me to see what I'm doing to change it

A:Windows Security 2012

I guess I'll just go ahead and post the 3 logs that you may or may not want to see.

here is the DDS:

DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_24
Run by Ryan at 12:20:16 on 2011-12-08
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.2046.1382 [GMT -5:00]
AV: avast! Antivirus *Disabled/Updated* {7591DB91-41F0-48A3-B128-1A293FD8233D}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgchsvx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgrsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k WudfServiceGroup
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Creative Labs Shared\Service\CreativeLicensing.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlcfcoms.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\StartNow Toolbar\ToolbarUpdaterService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\Identity Protection\Agent\Bin\AVGIDSAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Belkin\F5D7050v3\Belkinwcui.exe
C:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Update\DivXUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Ryan\LOCALS~1\Temp\clclean.0001
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
uStart Page = about:blank
uWindow Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by MSN & Bing
mSearch Bar = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
uSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q=%s
BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper: {18df081c-e8ad-4283-a596-fa578c2ebdc3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
BHO: DivX Plus Web Player HTML5 <video>: {326e768d-4182-46fd-9c16-1449a49795f4} - c:\program files\divx\divx plus web player\npdivx32.dll
BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter: {3ca2f312-6f6e-4b53-a66e-4e65e497c8c0} - AVG Safe Search
BHO: DivX HiQ: {593ddec6-7468-4cdd-90e1-42dadaa222e9} - c:\program files\divx\divx plus web player\npdivx32.dll
BHO: avast! WebRep: {8e5e2654-ad2d-48bf-ac2d-d17f00898d06} - c:\program files\avast software\avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object: {ca6319c0-31b7-401e-a518-a07c3db8f777} - c:\program files\bae\BAE.dll
BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class: {e7e6f031-17ce-4c07-bc86-eabfe594f69c} - c:\program files\java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
TB: avast! WebRep: {8e5e2654-ad2d-48bf-ac2d-d17f00898d06} - c:\program files\avast software\avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
TB: FrostWire Toolbar: {d4027c7f-154a-4066-a1ad-4243d8127440} - c:\program files\ask.com\GenericAskToolbar.dll
EB: Real.com: {fe54fa40-d68c-11d2-98fa-00c0f0318afe} - c:\windows\system32\Shdocvw.dll
uRun: [SetDefaultMIDI] MIDIDef.exe
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
uRun: [DellSupport] "c:\program files\dell support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
uRun: [MSMSGS] "c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
mRun: [ehTray] c:\windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
mRun: [SynTPEnh] c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\SynTPEnh.exe
mRun: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsy... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-security-2012-a-616971.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I've seen 4 systems infected with the exact same name as stated above.

Safemode with networking > rkill > combofix > malwarebytes.

Removes the virus however afterwards all networking is gone, trying to release/renew the IP causes
an error stating that it cannot find the RPC server.

ANY help would be most appreciated. Feel free to reply here or ping me on Twitter if you have any thoughts.

-Rob
Twiiter: @w6nzx

A:"Windows Security 2012?"

Welcome aboard Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Press "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433648/windows-security-2012/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I am a computer tech at my local computer shop where we have been seeing numerous cases of the Windows XP Security virus I've been doing days and days of research for a 'proper' removal method so I do not lose the DHCP and ICS services which result in the loss of internet connectivity I am currently sitting with a clone of the original 2012 Windows Xp Security hard Windows Xp Security 2012 drive had to clone and reinstall the system client was getting antsy but we have an exact replicate of the system that I have been booting the clone on removing the virus and losing either the DHCP service and or the ICS Windows Firewall service then having to clone back Windows Xp Security 2012 the drive to try an alternate method The clone i am sitting with is a clone i made after i ran OTL stupid on my side to clone after i removed some of the virus gt lt so i do not get the xp security prompts anymore just have the infected files BUT i do STILL have connectivity up until i remove these infected files I did need to run a exe reg input before i can fully execute any exe files since the virus attacks the exe extension Methods I've tried Combofix - results in loss of connectivity Malwarebytes - after removing infections results in loss of connectivity OTL - OTL is my favored method thus far it removes the prompts for XP Security but there are still left over files drivers infected that TDS picks up however if you remove those infections with TDS you lose connectivity TDS - results in loss of connectivity when files are removed HiJackthis - turns up nothing that the hijackthis de analyzer can determine a 'virus' Is there a proper removal method for this virus If so is there any chance you guys can give me some insight as to how to go about removing it We have had about - systems come into the shop that have to get a reinstall because we have no proper fix for this Any insight would be greatly appreciated THANK YOU

Relevancy 59.34%

My laptop was 'invaded' by this - Win 7 Internet Security 2012.
It blocked me from opening anything. [Anything!]
I have managed to disable this ability to block applications etc, but only by accepting an install using a dummy s/n.
However, the programme is still there and there is an icon on the taskbar.Can anyone tell me how to clean this nuisance out, please?

A:[SOLVED] Win7 Internet Security 2012

We aren't allowed to help with malware removal on the Windows forums. Only staff on the dedicated malware forum are allowed to help with such problems. It's here:
Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

Please read the "sticky" entitled 'New Instructions' before posting on it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-win7-internet-security-2012-a-623350.html
Relevancy 59.34%

We have found recently that our Windows 8.1 clients are unable to connect to Server 2012 R2 shares (SMB 3.02). When trying to browse to them in Explorer we get "Windows can't find <UNC path>". Windows 7 clients can still connect to these
shares, only our 8.1 clients are affected. Attempting to access using the IP address instead of the host name makes no difference.
The 8.1 clients can still connect to shares on 2008 R2 servers. Server 2012 R2 to Server 2012 R2 also works.
No changes have been made to the clients or to the group policies which control them that could readily explain this issue.
Any advice on where to start troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dec29e76-991b-4d0b-a011-208f52edd02f/windows-81-clients-cant-connect-to-smb-302-shares-windows-server-2012-r2?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there Believe it or not if you can quot Legally quot get hold of a copy of Windows server current release candidate freely downloadable and valid Windows Windows or R8 ? Makes OS laptop 2012 a great ! server till Jan you could be a LOT better off using this on a Desktop rather than the W itself Before people point out complexities of using a Server as a desktop OS it's actually EASIER with Windows server than with previous servers such as Windows or Windows servers to quot convert quot to a desktop OS You basically have to do the following to make a server as user friendly as say W or W as a desktop OS dismantle all the domain security stuff remove prompts like event log for server re-boots remove the CTRL-ALT-DEL key for logon remove the security restriction nag you get every time you want to access a non Microsoft web page with IE remove the quot Complex password quot requirement That's got rid of Windows R8 or Windows 2012 server ? Makes a great laptop OS ! the main nags and inconveniences of using it as a Desktop or laptop OS Now add Desktop Laptop experience Multi-media quot thematic quot backgrounds customisation enable SOUND -- yes W server unlike W server has Windows R8 or Windows 2012 server ? Makes a great laptop OS ! fully blown SOUND capabilities strange in a server --maybe now I can use Hyper-V with vM's and pass SOUND to them enable DESKTOP EXPERIENCE -- this allows W themes to be installed and greatly quot De-Uglifies quot the bog standard bland grey desktop enable incoming RDP connections if you want to access your quot Server quot from a network or the Internet You've now got an exceptionally FAST STABLE servers are always generally more stable than desktop OS'es DESKTOP Just be slightly aware that some programs might not run on a server different licence - such as Acronis backup --for this simply use the Acronis stand alone recovery disk anyway BTW the W server's built in backup seems fine Things like Sky Go and BBC Iplayer all install fine I'm MORE happy with the server on the laptop than with W itself Bonkers you might say but a great learning exercise in servers too All my stuff runs fine on it Started with a VM --that was fine - now it's on a REAL machine Bog standard default install was GB disk space Another thing about servers is that they install with the MINIMUM of features --you add what you want via the configure server It's trickier than the other way around -- Windows itself starts with loads of stuff and you have to find out what you CAN remove but you get a nice streamlined OS -- and with an SSD gt mega fast I'll be testing now using HYPER-V with W server --seems a better way to go than W desktop with HYPER-V If people are interested - I'll post screenshots and the steps to get everything working including the Hyper-V Another HUGE advantage of HYPER-V on a server is that people can access VM's running on the server WITHOUT NEEDING AN ACCOUNT ON THE SERVER AT ALL In fact you wouldn't even know yuou are logging on to a VM in the first place if you didn't know W and VMware has a limited capability in that regard but you are still essentially stuck with quot a single user quot OS W is a true server Cheers jimbo

A:Windows R8 or Windows 2012 server ? Makes a great laptop OS !

My apologies about my previous post. Not related.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7520-windows-r8-windows-2012-server-makes-great-laptop-os.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello The environment is as follows Windows Pro with certain security updates installed causes an issue for Standard users using VMWare Workstation where the mouse clicks that are meant for a VM are not registered by the VM every time sometimes it takes to 8, updates, click mouse 8.1 Pro Workstation User, issue security Standard with VMWare Windows Windows clicks to register in the VM and then other times you have to move the mouse outside the VM window and bring it back in for the mouse clicks to register This Windows 8.1 Pro with VMWare Workstation 8, Windows security updates, Standard User, mouse click issue issue is not present for Administrator users I have already narrowed down one update specifically that causes this issue by uninstalling Windows 8.1 Pro with VMWare Workstation 8, Windows security updates, Standard User, mouse click issue all security updates the problem went away as I installed one update at a time back on to the system update nbsp KB triggered the issue Windows 8.1 Pro with VMWare Workstation 8, Windows security updates, Standard User, mouse click issue I thought this was a resolution to just keep that update off my end users machines but when I installed the rest of the security updates excluding that update the issue returned I could uninstall and reinstall and narrow this down further but my main concern is that one this may create security issues that these updates are intended to fix and two that would create a lot of administrative overhead especially if more security updates in the future will cause the issue to return I would like for Microsoft to investigate this issue and either fix the problem with these updates or come up with a new update I can deploy that fixes this problem if such an update already exists I would greatly appreciate to be pointed in its direction either by KB number or download link so I can deploy it to fix this issue Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/59526f6a-8f89-4c49-a208-221922176c3b/windows-81-pro-with-vmware-workstation-8-windows-security-updates-standard-user-mouse-click?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 58.91%

Ok first quick note i played on a minecraft server and their forum used this exact same provider LOL Ok now heres the problem So i was restarting my computer and it was taking too long and as such I used the power switch to turn it off I know I know bad idea BUT I actually do this often and usually it just messes up login 2012 server screen Black KSOD windows R2, the boot record and thats an easy fix This time I get a Black login screen windows server 2012 R2, KSOD perfect boot but the login Black login screen windows server 2012 R2, KSOD screen is black Sometimes the ethernet symbol flashes but its black CTRL ALT DEL does not work Safe mode does not work This looks like a common problem called the KSOD So what I did was fix the boot record just in case and I also tried to manually fix the registry by going to the winlogon place and setting the shell value to explorer exe The problem is that the value keeps changing back to cmd exe k start cmd exe I am going to check on the value of userInit If I can't get a solution im going to try and do a reapair install I know RDPing can help but I can't do that Anyone have any idea of how to fix this ALSO I had a nanocore backdoor that I removed from my computer right before restarting OS Windows Server R Graphics GTX GTX Processor Intel k Hard Drive GB SSD TB HDD

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629258/black-login-screen-windows-server-2012-r2-ksod/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there the version of IE shipped with Server seems to have a defect -- can't play video from web sites -- play cannot sound server Windows in OK IE10 2012 - video -- sound is fine Not sure if this is actually a real problem as you don't usually do much browsing on a server -- but as this version IE10 in Windows 2012 server -- cannot play video - sound OK of IE is nearer RTM than that shipped IE10 in Windows 2012 server -- cannot play video - sound OK with W - this Could become a problem The current version of Windows is the Release Candidate The main problem is that IE only launches from the METRO screen --you can pin it to the taskbar but I haven't as yet been able to find any addons that make the video play The IE here doesn't function like the metro version on W -- it's Windowed with menus etc like the standard desktop version Since I'm going to be running VM's with HYPER-V and won't be using the GUI version of W this isn't a major problem but it could be to others Cheers jimbo

A:IE10 in Windows 2012 server -- cannot play video - sound OK

I didn't check when I installed Server 2012 in a VM a few days ago, but does it have Flash player?

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/7617-ie10-windows-2012-server-cannot-play-video-sound-ok.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there
one improvement with IE on Metro is that IE10 on W2012 server takes you to the desktop and starts the desktop version of IE 10 -- the normal one -- not the hideous full screen thingy on the bog standard metro screen of W8 RP.

RDP (Remote desktop) also fine --the standard version that gives you all the options when connecting to a remote computer such as local disks, sound, background / desktop settings etc.

I don't have an issue launching metro stuff provided they aren't FULL SCREEN with no toolbars etc etc. If they launch as Classical windows applications then fine.

cheers
jimbo

A:Windows 2012 server - Metro IE is DESKTOP version --HOORAY (RDP ok too

The hideous full screen one... silly!

You can change that in the client OS to have pinned IE shortcuts on the Start Screen to open on the Desktop.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/7526-windows-2012-server-metro-ie-desktop-version-hooray-rdp-ok-too.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Why can't I remove Quick File sharing in windows server 2012 becuase when I try it pretty much says unable to remove and I don't know why? Does anyone have an answer.

A:Why can't I remove Quick File sharing in windows server 2012 R2?

Could you clarify what you mean by "Quick File sharing". Maybe a picture or link to a Microsoft TechNet article. There is no feature called Quick File sharing that I am aware of.

https://hardforum.com/threads/why-cant-i-remove-quick-file-sharing-in-windows-server-2012-r2.1899405/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello

Today I have download Microsoft server 2012 from Microsoft website.
There the link- Download Windows Server 2012

When I install on my Vmware Player it is showing me "Windows cannot find the Microsoft software License Terms.Make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation."

I have tried many times but I am getting same error.

Please anyone can help me to solve this problem.

A:Unable To Install Windows Server 2012 On Vmware Player

Hi, I replied to your duplicate thread. Delete one or the other.
Unable To Install Windows Server 2012 On Vmware Player

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/322656-unable-install-windows-server-2012-vmware-player.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there
any update on the video (flash player) support yet on IE10 in Windows 2012 server.
Can't play video on web sites with IE10 using W2012 server,

I am thinking of "having another go" with this. Just wondered if the problem had been fixed.

As it's a server it's not so important to have proper internet access but it would be nice.

cheers
jimbo

A:Windows 2012 server - video support yet in IE10 (Note NOT W8)

I found this...not sure about it but you can give it a shot...

Flash Player Fix for Windows Server 2012 RC

Download: Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows Server 2012 (KB2758994) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10035-windows-2012-server-video-support-yet-ie10-note-not-w8.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello Com the system i have an issue on is windows server R with the desktop experience role bit gig ram x gb ssd s in raid gb available the server is Print and 4,2gb spools Server Windows Spooler only 2012 stops / connected via vpn to a home pc to this home pc Windows Server 2012 / Print Spooler spools 4,2gb only and stops a printer is connected both the home pc and the server have a mbit internet connection so the connection isnt the bottleneck i am using the server because it offers more power which i need cause i print big pictures i am printing with photoshop and when one page is spooled the spl file is gb in size i can easily print the same page - times but on the fourth it stops spooling amp printing nbsp approx when gig have been spooled the limit got to be the file size cause i can print about small pages photoshop also isnt the bottleneck i tried the same file on the same printer but on win and was able to print about pages I already rebooted reinstalled drivers as well as a complete reinstallation is there any way to fix this

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f11c6fc5-0456-48f1-ad9a-439f789c511f/windows-server-2012-print-spooler-spools-42gb-only-and-stops?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.91%

The Client Connect to Windows server Essentials not working for PC on a network It didn't work a year ago when I set up the domain and the other PC's connected but the HDD died Windows to working server Essentials 2012 Client Connect not so I did a fresh install in Window Pro SP and put in all the updates and tried to connect agian The error is that it can't find the server I've tried everything else I've seen on the forums IP v only DNS is only set to the Windows Domain server below is the log for the connect attempt does anyone have any ideas nbsp edc wmain Start of Computerconnector nbsp edc wmain Calling Computerconnector ShowWizard nbsp edc CComputerconnector ShowWizard Initializing common controls nbsp edc CComputerconnector ShowWizard Done initializing common controls Client Connect to Windows server 2012 Essentials not working nbsp edc Displaying the wizard nbsp edc CComputerconnector AnotherInstallationErrorDlgProc IDD ANOTHER INSTALLATION ERR Page Initialization CComputerconnector Run Installation is ready to run GlobalData Client Connect to Windows server 2012 Essentials not working Initialize C Users BPOWELL JMS Downloads ComputerConnector exe ExpandEnvironmentStrings return C Windows Temp Client Deployment Files CComputerconnector Run Running Task Id Description Downloads the Setup cab file NetworkUtil DownloadFile https Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab NetworkUtil DownloadFile - Create directory C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp if not exist NetworkUtil WinInetDownloadFile https Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab nbsp edc CComputerconnector AnotherInstallationErrorDlgProc DIALOG UPDATE PreCheckPass nbsp edc CComputerconnector ConnecttingDlgProc IDD CONNECTING Page Initialization InternetOpenUrl https Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId returns WinInetDownloadFile returns x f DownloadFile failed using https Try http NetworkUtil DownloadFile http Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab NetworkUtil DownloadFile - Create directory C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp if not exist NetworkUtil WinInetDownloadFile http Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab Download from url http Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId failed with HTTP error WinInetDownloadFile returns x ffff NetworkUtil DownloadFile http Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab failed with hr x ffff CComputerconnector Run Task Id Failed nbsp edc CComputerconnector ConnecttingDlgProc DIALOG UPDATE ServerNotFound nbsp edc CComputerconnector ServerDlgProc IDD SERVER Page Initialization e GlobalData Initialize server jms C Users BPOWELL JMS Downloads ComputerConnector exe e ExpandEnvironmentStrings return C Windows Temp Client Deployment Files e CComputerconnector Run Running Task Id Description Downloads the Setup cab file e NetworkUtil DownloadFile https server jms Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab e NetworkUtil DownloadFile - Create directory C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp if not exist e NetworkUtil WinInetDownloadFile https server jms Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab e InternetOpenUrl https server jms Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId returns e WinInetDownloadFile returns x ee e DownloadFile failed using https Try http e NetworkUtil DownloadFile http server jms Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab e NetworkUtil DownloadFile - Create directory C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp if not exist e NetworkUtil WinInetDownloa... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9f45a7d4-b1e6-49f6-a844-62399aafadd7/client-connect-to-windows-server-2012-essentials-not-working?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 58.91%

I've got about 40 Senor Point of Sale tablets running Windows 7. They work just fine, but are failing to take Windows Update for Service Pack 1 (KB97632). The POS software is soon going to need this update in order for it to continue working.

I've deleted the Windows Update cache (SoftwareDistribution >> SoftwareDistribution.old) and nothing changed.

I've downloaded the update .exe and after it ran, nothing changed.

Check for Windows Updates only shows the SP1 update when I click to search online for updates, for what it's worth.

After the update has failed, I get error code 800736b3.

Apparently the billion and two solutions other people have aren't solutions for me.

Please help me!

Thanks in advance.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/77f465e1-e789-460f-ac78-0d90721a21d1/client-devices-failing-to-install-sp1-on-windows-7server-2012?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.91%

Windows server some times reboots for no obvious reasons, sometimes days to weeks no problems?
Can someone guide me in the right direction?
Attached is the dump logs.DLMS01-Wed_06_17_2015_114943_66.zip

-
System

-
Provider

[ Name]
EventLog

-
EventID

[ Qualifiers]

Level

Task

Keywords
0x80000000000000

-
TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]
2015-06-17T00:51:29.000000000Z

EventRecordID

Channel
System

Computer
DLMS01.DLM.LOCAL

Security

-
EventData

5:19:19 PM

‎6/‎16/‎2015

DF070600020010001100130013009902DF070600020010001700130013009902403800003C00000001000000403800000100 0000201C00000100000000000000

Binary data:

In Words
0000: 000607DF 00100002 00130011 02990013
0008: 000607DF 00100002 00130017 02990013
0010: 00003840 0000003C 00000001 00003840
0018: 00000001 00001C20 00000001 00000000

In Bytes
0000: DF 07 06 00 02 00 10 00 ?.......
0008: 11 00 13 00 13 00 99 02 ......™.
0010: DF 07 06 00 02 00 10 00 ?.......
0018: 17 00 13 00 13 00 99 02 ......™.
0020: 40 38 00 00 3C 00 00 00 @8..<...
0028: 01 00 00 00 40 38 00 00 ....@8..
0030: 01 00 00 00 20 1C 00 00 .... ...
0038: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

A:Random Windows Server 2012 Crashes, Event ID 6008

Hi,

I am extremely sorry that this thread was not attended to. There are not many people in this field.

In case you still require help, kindly respond to this thread and I will be notified via email and you should expect a response from me in 48 hours.
Regards,
Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67451-random-windows-server-2012-crashes-event-id-6008-a.html