Windows Support Forum

Music visualizer for media players

Q: Music visualizer for media players

Music visualizer for media players

Any one have any preferences or suggestions for a good one of these. I have had a look at WhiteCap but wondered what else there was out there that was as good or maybe even better?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-visualizer-for-media-players.146080/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Music visualizer for media players

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 73.53%

I recently switched to the Windows 8 media player since my iTunes took a huge dump since installing 8.1 (I just don't feel like dealing with the issues). I like the W8 media player except for one thing: It doesn't have a visualizer, which is something I love having on my left or right screen.

Does anyone know of a free visualizer app or media player with visualizer I can install? Been looking every once in a while, but I haven't found any.

A:Media player with visualizer available?

Mine has visualization, it has to be enabled thru right click menu. My has 3 groups and a possibility to download more. Check in "More options" if you have that Plugin "Visualizations" and if not, there should be links in blue to download Visualizations and plugins from internet.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/37635-media-player-visualizer-available.html
Relevancy 72.67%

bit Versus bit Media Players Is there an advantage to using a bit version of a player rather than a bit version MPC x versus MPC x or WMP x versus WMP Media 32bit Players 64bit Versus Media Players x I have read a lot of discussion about codecs working or not working for bit and or bit media players and operating systems My question is what is the advantage of using a bit media player Is the picture better clearer sharper Does the bit player use less resources its corresponding bit player Codec support is a lot better for bit versions now than in the recent past but still why go through the hassle of purposefully switching to a bit player 64bit Media Players Versus 32bit Media Players Is there really a performance or quality edge to making the switch in players I have Vista Home Premium x and ask this question to help me decide whether to use the bit version or bit version of Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic-HC If there is no performance or quality difference then I will stick with the bit version of both players until such time as either there is a performance quality edge or extra steps are not required 64bit Media Players Versus 32bit Media Players for using the bit versions of the players Thank you for your help

A:64bit Media Players Versus 32bit Media Players

I'm using the x64 version of MPC-HC now. I don't notice any performance or quality gains over the 32 bit version though. Should there be? Am I missing something? Does anyone get better performance or higher quality out of using the x64 version of a media player instead of the 32 bit version?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280527-64bit-media-players-versus-32bit-media-players.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I am bringing an audio signal out of my DJ mixing hardware Native Instruments Traktor S by splitting the the RCA output and routing into an quot RCA stereo in mini stereo jack out quot adapter then running that mini line into the mic input of my laptop I don t know if there s also can to route media to mic player visualizer? input I How drive an impedance issue being introduced here I would like to route the audio signal coming in from the mic input into my Windows Media Player in order to trigger the visualizer plug-in I am planning on running the video out of the VGA output into a series of monitors in the club where I play Can anyone help Thank you in advance OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile How can I route mic input to media player to drive visualizer? Intel R Express Chipset Family How can I route mic input to media player to drive visualizer? Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO CAPELL VALLEY NAPA CRB Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:How can I route mic input to media player to drive visualizer?

I don't believe the visualizer works in "real time". But I don't use it nor have a setup where I can test.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-route-mic-input-to-media-player-to-drive-visualizer.1050438/
Relevancy 61.92%

up until now i have always just used windows media player for music... it's annoying... about time i download something better me thinks..

what is your favourite music player program? and why?

A:top 5 music players

If you're looking for a program to simply play your music, then I would suggest VLC. It will play any/all formats of video/audio. It also has options for the most advanced of users.

If you're looking for software to manage, edit and organize your entire collection... The answer is simple. MediaMonkey is, from my experience, by far the best option. Here is a short description from their site:

Manage a movie / music library from 100 to 100,000+ audio/video files and playlists; whether Rock, Classical, Audiobooks, or Podcasts; Movies, Home videos, or TV shows; whether they?re located on your hard drive, CDs, or a network. Organize, browse, or search music by Genre, Artist, Year, Rating, etc., and never waste your time trying to find the files you know you have.
MediaMonkey is the movie and music organizer for the serious collector.
* Supports MP3, AAC (M4A), OGG, WMA, FLAC, MPC, WAV, CDA, AVI, MP4, OGV, MPEG, WMV, M3U, PLS, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/210038-top-5-music-players.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Im looking for a new music player that doesnt take up all my processes like Itunes does with it's 13,500k

I would like a music player that has a Repeat of the songs and all that fancy stuff

A:Music Players

I have always been partial to MusicMatch Jukebox. Get a copy of v 7.5 if you can. It doesn't have all the new DRM crap in it.( Don't get me started)Anyway, it's really good player. I always have it on in the background while I surf. Also, satallite radio is cool too. If you subscribe to Sirius, you can listen online for free. Rock on!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-players.63354/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have vista 64bit, and been using Itunes and it has been skipping. Also I heard that after itunes 7 it would only play 2.1 sound. My laptop has 5.1 sound and I am looking for a music player that can play in all channels and won't skip

A:Music Players

try winamp.or vlc media player normally quite good and free

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/music-players-327036.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I want to use a different music player to windows media player as i'm not to keen on it. I use to have real player 10 and i'm thinking about going back to it but i'm willing to try something new if anyone has any suggestions of good music players. Thanks

Relevancy 61.06%

I have sound on my computer with all of my music players, but when i get online(onto a browser firefox for example ) I have no sound for anything else.(for like youtube, myspace songs or when it starts up or shuts down), besides the sound icon its gone and I can?t control the volume from my keyboard.
I already checked and it's not mute from the control panel
Could anybody help me? , PLEASE!!!

A:No sound on anything else but music players

Check sound on control panel, and make sure it can play ALL types of sound format, not just ".WMA" etc, you could also try updating your audio driver.
When did this start happening? was it after any hardware/software changes?
:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-on-anything-else-but-music-players-191090.html
Relevancy 61.06%

AMD 2600+ Barton,
O.S.=XP Pro.
ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe 2.0, NVidia SoundStorm 5.1 Digital,
Dell THX 5.1 ADA995 Spkrs with 150 Watt Duel 8" Twin Powered Base
(Simply Wonderful!)
ATI 9600 Pro "All in Wonder" (never settle for less),
Corsair XMT Twin Stick 512 Meg Ram,
(2)WD SATA 120 Gig H.D's.
(not configured for Raid as of yet) need to decide either Raid 0 or Raid 1, "advise welcome")
400 W. Power.
and Iam HOOKED!

What 5.1 player do you like then why, please.
I have tried quintessential , Winamp and Jet Audio.
Out of these I have found every thing awkward to use except for Microsoft Media player 9 and 10,,, they arnt perfect either.

Your experience?
KatieBird
(one who is most into her 5.1 music)

Relevancy 61.06%

Is there anyway for my roomie and I to sync our music players so that our music can be played on both our laptop speakers at the same time? We're currently connected across the same network ... is there anyway to take advantage of that? Or, is there a way to connect our computers directly to each other with an ethernet or crossover cable?

Thanks!
- Nicole

A:Sync music players?

To get music perfectly synchronized across the LAN would be a daunting task, I suggest you run a wire and buy some $10 speakers for the secondary location. I'm not sure I even understand what you're trying to accomplish, why would you want to listen to music on the tinny laptop speakers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync-music-players.404123/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there Problem is pretty straightforward Whenever I try to open a video file whether it be wmv avi etc through the File - gt Open menu whatever media player I'm using except Winamp that works for some reason crashes Both VLC and another program says that the quot ModName quot players. Unable in to open video media media was msyuv dll in the error report so I guess that's a start I've Unable to open video media in media players. done full system virus scans full system spyware scans defragged twice with Diskeeper cleaned and defraged my registry downloaded a new copy of msyuv dll deleted my msyuv dll in C Windows System and rebooted which forces System Restore to install Unable to open video media in media players. a new copy and NONE of Unable to open video media in media players. this has changed a thing Well the only thing it has changed is that in some programs the video file now opens after a - freeze but the PLAYERS still keep crashing applications that edit video files only open but when trying to add a second it crashes again I've also uninstalled rolled back WMP and removed all it's runtime modules but that hasn't changed a thing and I'm also fully up-to-date on Windows Updates As you can see this is a bit of a doozy One thing to note is that I can still view video files fine if I find them through the Windows Explorer and right click - gt Open with lt player name gt Going through File - gt Open causes the program to crashes and or freeze Winamp is ABLE to view videos through File - gt Open but no other player can not even applications like VirtualDub are able to open video media I really really REALLY do not want to have to reformat I've got a lot of stuff on here that would take forever to back up configure again if I were to reformat If there's anything that I've overlooked or any insight you may have by all means I'm open to pretty much anything Cheers

A:Unable to open video media in media players.

try again to completely uninstall & reinstall the players and uninstall and reinstall all of your video drivers. . . you may also check eventvwr to see if there is more information at the time of the crash.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-open-video-media-in-media-players-141437.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Here files not under win only sound play 7 music do some players some with is a tough one for the audio gurus out there I have been recording lectures on my phone for years using a program called Easy Voice Recorder It records in wav format I transfer the files to my PC and convert them to smaller mp 's which I typically play with winamp I could of course also play the original wav files with my default player for those windows media player WMP This worked fine under winXP A few months ago I converted to win Now when I some sound files do not play with some music players only under win 7 play the some sound files do not play with some music players only under win 7 wav files in WMP the progress indicator moves along but there is no sound When I play the converted mp 's in winamp the graphical level indicators bounce up and down and progress indicator moves along but there is no sound Before you tell me to turn up the volume or turn on the speakers or to select the right output device note that when I play wav files from another source in WMP there is sound And when I play other mp 's in winamp there is sound as well on win Furthermore when I play the recorded wav files or mp 's with VLC they do play and produce sound under Win When I play the mp 's with another editing program called mp direct cut they also play fine and produce sound under win Furthermore some sound files do not play with some music players only under win 7 when I play the same wav and mp files on another older machine still running XP they still play and produce sound there as well So the problem is very specific - that recordings made with this software Easy Voice Recorder played with these players WMP winamp on this system win appear as if they are playing but there is no sound The recording program is set to record at KHz with -bit PCM I tried reducing that to bit but it made no difference Also the setting quot use audio MIME types quot is selected Unselecting it also has no effect What could this be Thank you in advance

A:some sound files do not play with some music players only under win 7

16 bit, 16Khz is not a valid Windows format from what I see. 16 bit 44.1Khz is the lowest wav format (this is "CD" quality). I looked at my RealTek and that was the lowest I could go.

Possibly this is the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/346533-some-sound-files-do-not-play-some-music-players-only-under-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys!
What tool is the best for creating webplayers to play mp3 or radio on your (or you client's) website?
And sometimes flash buttons are the alternative to such players..

Webmasters or webdesigners should know I think?

A:Software To Create Flash Music Players And Buttons For Website

Hi!I use these players http://www.funsoundplayer.com for a few years. There are two players here. Both are great. The first one (Fun SoundPlayer Maker) is exactly what you're looking for if you want to create flash players as buttons - it has a lot of different player's designs and buttons are among them.But my favorite is the second one - FlashWAmp - the greatest stuff ever ! Take any winamp skin and convert it into a web sound player.So, try them and choose which you like more.If you'll have any questions - kindly ask me, I have some experience of creating and publishing players with these utilities.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152898/software-to-create-flash-music-players-and-buttons-for-website/
Relevancy 58.48%

Having trouble burning CD's because music file format has media images. These songs will not play on older cd players or car cd players because of media images. Any help appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-music-file-format-to-play-on-older-cd-players.722627/
Relevancy 56.76%

What's a good program for burning mp3's and for recording video?
I'm using p4-xp.Thought about windows media player but have bad things.:confused
Thanks in advance

A:xp media players

-Nero 5.5
-CloneCD for copying cds

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-media-players-3246.html
Relevancy 56.76%

O/S XP.PRO Download real-player this is now my default player.Not happy with it how does one change this as well when i do this will they pop up on command meanings to open emails etc

Relevancy 56.76%

All my recorded music was associated with Windows Media7 player, to access some area on the internet, it forced me to download RealPlayer1. Now my music is controlled by RealPlayer.
How do I get MediaPlayer7 back and remove RealPlayer from being the default player.
I have WinXP.
Thanks for any assistance you may provide.
Vic 177

A:media players

When you click on the sound file links in your browser, it will automatically download a short .wav file that will automatically launch your default media player. Often the default media player is Real Player or Real Juke Box. It is usually simpler for you to use Windows Media Player to listen to the .wav files. To make Windows Media Player your default .wav file player, follow the below instructions: (this if for Windows Media Player version 6.4.07. - Procedures for different versions may vary.)

1. Open Windows Media Player on your computer by going to Start- Programs- Accessories menu.

2. If it is not there, then go to Start, Run, and type " mplayer2.exe" and it should pop up.

3. In Windows Media Player go to View, options, Formats tab, and select Windows Media File and Windows Audio File. Selecting these boxes should make the Windows Media player your default player for .wav sounds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players.85652/
Relevancy 56.76%

I know what WMV is, but I found videos in AVI format. Just what is it & can I change it to play with WMV?

A:Media players

AVI files should play with Windows Media Player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players.405463/
Relevancy 56.76%

If I have Divx player, do I need Windows Media player or something called JW player.Seems like too many players to me.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Everyone I have a question what is better media player or real player i hear a lot about real player. SOME GOOD AND SOME BAD?

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone,

I have several media players installed on my computer and just wondered if I actually need them all. I have wndows media player, real player, quicktime, and macromedia. Do I only need one of these or is it necessary to have more than one?

Thanks,

Lee

A:Media players

Not necessarily. It depends on which you use the most to listen to music or watch video clips. I use Winamp.

I'd keep Macromedia. (meaning Flash and Shockwave anyway)

It's entirely up to you, of course

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players.308916/
Relevancy 56.76%

I can't watch movies and listen to music on real player or windows media player. Can someone help me?

A:media players

Are you talking about website/downloaded videos and sound or CD/DVDs as well? When you try what happens? Do you get any error messages?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-players-52693.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello today...my question is if I were using real player and wanted to change the application to another media player how do i do that? I uninstalled real player and downloaded another player but everytime I try and play my music it says it cant locate the real player I assumed that the computer would recognize the difference but obviously not.

please help
Erika

Relevancy 56.76%

So here's my problem I have hundreds of music videos and hundreds of mp s I need players media About a media player that can do the following things I want it About media players to be able to play both music videos and mp s in a playlist VLC can't do this I want it to normalize the volume levels on the mp s and videos VLC claims About media players to be able to normalize volume levels but it does a fair job of normalizing volumes on mp s and saying it does a poor job of normalizing volume levels on music videos would be too generous I need it to About media players make a shuffled playlist Not random Anyone who plays the files on their computers as frequently as I do can tell you Randomizing a playlist is no way to go All the media players keep picking the same files in their random lists The only way is a shuffled playlist with a resume feature That's the only way to hear all of your media in your collection regularly Foobar is the best mp player I've ever used and I've used a lot of them Shuffled resume is by far the best But if anyone knows of a media player that can do these simple things and do it well please let me know You would make me a very happy person

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602214/about-media-players/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have 4 media players I downloaded 2 films and only 1 of my players would play them properly VLC media player the other 3 all played the films but there was no sound. I thought that if I made vlc my default player I would be able to copy them to disk with the sound. But it has'ent worked out that way when I copy to disk there is no sound, can anyone tell me how I can solve this problem. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players.447353/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am having some problems with BSPlayer not playing some videos because of these errors:

Unknown File Format (DIV3)
Unknown File Format (DIVX)

I have Windows Media Player 9.0 and Quicktime as well. I can't use Windows Media Player beacuse everytime I install BSPlayer I only hear the sound of the movie not the picture. That also goes with BSPlayer as well. No picture only sound. I e-mailed BSPlayer support and I never gotten a reply and I did get one but they sent me a link to where I can download and install some patches, but those patches made my BSPlayer not work at all. I'm looking for a Media Player other than the ones I have that will play anything and everything. I hate VideoLAN because I heard from The ScreenSavers that you have to tweak it and I really don't know what to do.

Relevancy 56.76%

I have been using both Microsoft Media Player Ver9 and Real One to listen to FM radio (WCPE) while I have been working on the net. My problem is this: the station cuts out several times for a few minuets every ten or so minuets. At that time I maximize the player and some text is running along the bottom saying buffering 35%-46%-86% etc etc. What is going on? Can I stop this? It's very annoying.

Uncle Marine

A:Media Players

Welcome to TSG fellow cheesehead!

What knid of connection speed do you have? Dialup (if so what average connection)? DSL or Cable?

John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players.125268/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am not a person who wants to pay for something if I don t have to I really want to enjoy my dvd viewing I Do You Dvd Players Use? What Media/ have WinDVD but it isn t the full application I guess I keeps popping up the quot number quot of experiences I have left What Media/ Dvd Players Do You Use? All I do is try to figure out how to adjust What Media/ Dvd Players Do You Use? the sound when it is off-quality and it prompts me I have one experience left I don t think I care too much What Media/ Dvd Players Do You Use? about specifics FF RW Play Subtitles Pause and the ability to have the sound be normal are about all I m interested in I m wondering if there is something out there that won t cost anything I find a lot of freeware stuff but I haven t found any DVD players I m just trying to figure out what kind of choices I even have WindowsMediaPlayer will play a disk but it does not seem to like the DVD in file format WinDVD plays the movies either way but I keep wondering whether I actually have a copy or if it will eventually stop working Not to mention the occasional refusal to sound right drives me nuts Basically I like the way WinDVD looks and feels I am just left wondering what the deal with it is I have WindowsXP MediaCenterEdition The media center thing is a joke Way too many screens to go through for something as stupid as playing a DVD or audio CD I ve tried it a couple times and I just have no patience for it It seems to take somethings simple and complicate it So what are you using ugh I m so lame I ve downloaded so much I have uploaded my brain Cuz apparently it s gone somewhere I have the VLC player and the movie on my computer seems to be playing fine And it was free Hope this info helps someone else I m still googling

A:What Media/ Dvd Players Do You Use?

Check the freeware page in my sig. At the same time since you are installing and de-installing so much you might want to do the following : Download install and update CcleanerAfter installing and updating go to options - advanced and tick prompt for registry back upsNow Start up in safe modeDo two runsa) Click on problems and tick all. Click on analyse. At the end you will be prompted for storing a backup. This will be stored, as a default, in My documents. Click on cleaner click on analyse and accept all files to be removed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72578/what-media-dvd-players-do-you-use/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi it's old Jack again.

When I watch something on a media player site it give's me the option's of for example 100% video. full screen , text and video etc. Why can I not get it to feel my screen instead of being a small screen. Hope you can help.

Cheers

Jack

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players.417981/
Relevancy 56.76%

Any suggestions about who I can use for my mp3 library? I was furious when Yahoo bought MusicMatch and completely ruined it. I had used it happily and easily for years, and now my "lifetime"
subscription is virtually useless.
I've tried MediaMonkey, but it has so many problems(repop,tagging, burning,too numerous to mention), that it's more troublr than it's worth.
Any ideas would be very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your time and input.

Relevancy 56.76%

Winamp,Windows Media, I tried them all but i still cannot play any movies,avi,mpeg etc. All i get is sound no visual.What am i doing wrong?Please could someone help me?

A:Media Players

Try installing all of the codec packs on this page except for the second (Win98):
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/format/codecdownload.aspx

Check the status of your DirectX by going to Start » Run, and typing:
dxdiag
OK.
Run the tests (You can skip the network tests unless you play online games) and see if it finds any errors. Also see what version of DX you have installed.

Open Display Properties, Settings, Advanced and see if your video acceleration is set to maximum.

Update your video card drivers. If you have problems identifying your card or finding updated drivers, come back here .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players.288582/
Relevancy 56.76%

Not being that experienced, I'm a little confused w/ the way the Library sorts CDs into genres vs the way I could sort the Music Folders. They don't seem to relate. For example, the Library lists an album under "Rock" that I would like to move to another genre but I cannot figure a way to do this. On the other hand, I know I could play around w/ the folders so that this particular CD is in the right place. However, I'm not sure that if I take the time to organize my Music folders whether this will have any impact on how the Library sorts them.
If you can shed some light on this I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks, Nick.

A:Solved: Windows media music library vs music folders

Mp3 music files have tags that are kept inside the files themselves. The most common ones are Artist, Album, Track Title, Track Number, Release Year and Genre. When you put a file into the WMP library, the tags are read and stored, along with the file location.

So the tag data is what shows up in the WMP library and you can sort on various fields depending on which version you have. But the files can be put anywhere and named anyway you like. Most people use a certain naming convention like Artist-TrackNumber-Title.

If you want to sort the folders by genre you could do that, but you'll have to do it manually. You can do some manipulating of folders and filenames with tag editors. If you want to give that a try get Mp3Tag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-media-music-library-vs-music-folders.839137/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have about 2000 songs on Media Monkey, sorted into playlists, and I also have about 150 songs on Amazon Music. There may be a simple way of adding the Amazon tracks to MM, but I just don't see how it is done. I can't drag and drop, so is there another way? Can anyone help, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-music-tracks-from-amazon-music-to-media-monkey.1164973/
Relevancy 56.33%

Im mad that my My Music folder is empty, how do i put my windows media player music in it? whenever i download music i just go to "Add to windows media player", how do i bring that to "My music", thx

A:How do i put windows media player music to >> My Music Folder

i do it manually. if you right click the name of the song in your windows media player, and find the file location, go to that location, and manually dragndrop that file into your my music folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-windows-media-player-music-to-my-music-folder.566306/
Relevancy 56.33%

i tried to drag it but it wouldt let me

A:How do i put windows media player music to >> My Music Folder

What version of Windows do you have and which version of WMP?

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to put music files that are in My Music into the WMP library?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-windows-media-player-music-to-my-music-folder.862137/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

I am having problem with video playback on all media players. In general, everything plays fine, but every few seconds it lags/distorts for a few milliseconds. This is particularly noticeable in the sound, but it is also affecting video too.

This is happening to all video - WMP, VLC, even YouTube and other Flash web players.

I have an ACER Aspire 9302A with AMD Turion 64 Mobile, 2.21 GHZ and 768MB of RAM. It's running on XP and includes SP3.

The computer doesn't seem to run slow in general - I can run programs such as PhotoShop CS3 without a problem (though it's worth noting this isn't running when I'm trying to play video - the video problems occur straight away after booting).

Any ideas?

Cheers

A:All media players: Lag/Distortion

get the latest drivers for the machines video card or on board video this may help as some video graphic hardware can't handle the high video files. costyou a bit of searching to try this first

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-media-players-lag-distortion.791692/
Relevancy 55.9%

Can anyone tell me where the album art is stored on my computer for windows media player and mediamonkey please?

It is saved to the tag, but how do I view it?

Done a search but cant seem to find it lol

Relevancy 55.9%

Anybody know of any software that I could use to make flash media players? I currently use swish to make audio only players, but it's a long process. I have no clue how to use Flash MX (but I do have it). SO if anyone could give me other software, it would be great

A:Flash Media Players

I use Selteco Flash Designer, it's very easy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-media-players.306452/
Relevancy 55.9%

I plan on doing a lot of DV and photo editing. I am just scratching the surface right now. I have Pinnacle Studio and Photoshop Elements on my computer, as well as some others. I have at least 3 separate DVD/CD writers and media players on my computer; they came with the software. (Media PLayer, Pinnacle "instant write" product, and Nero 6). I have no idea if I need all these or if I should use one and ignore the others? Will they conflict? At a loss on this one. Any help much appreciated!

A:multiple media players

You should not have any conflict, though media players tend to wage war with one another on your computer.
While having many applications to manipulate photos or burn CDs will not cause problems, I always think it best to try each of them out to see which you like best, and use it CONSISTENTLY. Whether you keep the others on your computer or not (just IN CASE) is up to you, but switching between applications doing the same think can be confusing, lead to user errors, and result in compatibility issues.
Cheers,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/19690/multiple-media-players/
Relevancy 55.9%

I ve already posted my problem in the Multimedia forum as follows quot Hi I m having a problem with Windows Media Player and Real Player Basically each time that I load either of them they suddenly close after about - minutes with no warning There s no error message at all - they simply vanish I don t need to be doing anything in particular in closing Players Media keep order for them to crash Even if I just load them up and then do absolutely nothing they will stay open on Media Players keep closing the screen for - minutes and then disappear For the time that they are open I have no problem playing or ripping music videos etc The problem is simply that the programs just close of their own accord This just suddenly started happening a couple of days ago and I don t recall installing anything beforehand or messing with the computer generally that may have caused this I have a Dell Dimension computer using Windows XP GB of RAM and am using WMP If anyone could give me any help I d be really grateful as this is driving me nuts Thanks Stuart quot I was advised to post my Hijack This log which was Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Sports Interactive Football Manager fm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www skybroadband com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bbc co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell co uk myway F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - BHO Browser protection - FB FFB B- - - - ECDB C B - C PROGRA SPYNOM SNMIEG DLL O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray e... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players-keep-closing.833664/
Relevancy 55.9%

Recently i have been trying to play mp4 blue ray movies on several different media players and they all skip, the audio is fine but the video skips like crazy. I know it is not the file because ive tried different mp4 blue rays and it all does the same thing. The AVI files work fine. Every media player i have downloaded does this. VLC, Any Player, windows media classic. Is there something i need to adjust in the options menu? I'm just trying to get the video to play. I'm sure one of you guys are smart enough to know whats wrong right off the top of your head.. Can anyone please help?

A:All media players skip, please help

My guess is that you have CPU spikes during .mpx play. Launch Task Manager, click to the view where you see the graphs and play a .mpwhatever. If you see a relatively static line, with occasional spikes that coincide with the skipping, then next thing to do is find out what process or service is doing it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/all-media-players-skip-please-help-695672.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey there people, do you know of any good alternatives for VLC media player? I LOVE vlc, its lightweight, reliable, and works perfectly. There is just one problem though. In order to get VLC media player to play .mkv files, you have to upgrade to the latest version of VLC.. In my eyes, the latest version is the complete opposite of the older verion. This one is a little bulkier because of its new interface, you never know if its really going to work or not, and it takes a while for videos to load, and when they do, they freeze. A LOT.

So I'm looking for a media player that is lightweight, has a nice interface, can perform, and will not crap out on me.

Thanks!

Relevancy 55.9%

after two or so years of everything burning fine real player microsoft media player nero and winamp Cds No Players Media More My Burn Won't will not burn cds anymore before this problem cropped up My Media Players Won't Burn Cds No More the only thing i can think that might have caused this is upgrading winamp have been to their site but there is no exact info on the problem and haven t recieved forum register confirmation e-mail after a few days i ve since reomved winamp but the problem in the other player software remains i m using windowsXP sp sp looks too scary the hd is in good shape with space I m using good clean tdk and sony cds and as i said it all worked smoothly two weeks ago i ve done a system restore back to the beginning of the month before i updated winamp but there has been no change The other strange thing is that I ve been able to burn DVDs on nero with no problems what could cause this kind of across the board problem any help or advice would be much appreciated

A:My Media Players Won't Burn Cds No More

You probably want to give a little more information than "won't burn CDs." Are you getting any error codes? Does the software look like it wants to start and then just sits there? A description of the specific symptoms will go a long way to helping others help you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/35610/my-media-players-wont-burn-cds-no-more/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I m having a problem with Windows Media Player and Real Player Basically each time that I load either of them they suddenly close after about - minutes with no warning There s Media Players closing keep no error message at all - they simply vanish I don t need to be doing anything in particular in order for them to crash Even if I just load them up and then do absolutely nothing they will stay open on the screen for - minutes and then disappear For Media Players keep closing the time that they are open I have no problem playing or ripping music videos etc The problem is simply that the programs just close of their own accord This just suddenly started happening a couple of days ago and I don t recall installing anything beforehand or messing with the computer generally that may have caused this I have a Dell Dimension computer using Windows XP GB of RAM and am using WMP If anyone could give me any help I d be really grateful as this Media Players keep closing is driving me nuts Thanks Stuart nbsp

A:Media Players keep closing

Please click here to download and install the HijackThis installer.​
Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

Do not fix anything​

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players-keep-closing.833602/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

I'm having trouble playing media types on CD or DVD. Internet videos are alright. But played a DVD with WIN Media Player and it was in slow motion; the presenter sounded retarded. There was also hisses, pops and hestation. Played a song from a CD in the drive using iTunes and RealPlayer and I could hear hisses and pops.

Went into SafeMode and the problems exist there as well.

Computer Specs:
WIN Media Player 10
HP a1210N Media Center PC
running XP Media Center Edition, Security Pack 2

Any ideas what action to take? Where do I look for answers? Thanks,

Words

A:All Media Players having problems

you have to mention, whats your cpu speed, and RAM, and your video card system info?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/all-media-players-having-problems-145889.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Itunes won't open! Neither will some other media players...

I get the following error: iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Agh! Can someone help me? Please?

A:Media Players Won't Work

Itunes won't open! Neither will some other media players...I get the following error: iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.Agh! Can someone help me? Please? It might be some type of virus, run a scan and see if that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69611/media-players-wont-work/
Relevancy 55.9%

My Musicmatch keeps hanging while playing songs and Windows Media Player doesn't freeze but the sound comes and goes. I need help. Any suggestions?

Jonastavo

A:Media Players Janked-up

It sounds like you need a new audio driver.
Check the Device Manager for any yellow !'s,if there are,you can go to the manufacturer's website and download a new driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players-janked-up.247138/
Relevancy 55.9%

This is what happened I have a Dell Precision running XP Pro media players do work not ALL I just discovered what a torrent is installed BitTorrent and downloaded an album from a torrent location yes my bad not risking that again Tried to open the songs on my Windows Media and I realized the streaming went really fast skipping seconds no sound Opened the songs on my iTunes and it worked fine I deleted various programs that I didn t use or didn t know what they were for from my computer the same day The next day I started iTunes it started acting up the same way as Windows Media when I tried to play a song streamed at random fast speed - but not continuous like x or x it would be at different rates i e skipped sec then secs then keeps going as such with no sound I went on the Internet and realized no matter which player is used for Internet streaming radio or ALL media players do not work broadcast - windows media real player - it would do the same thing and also even youtube videos flash player and myspace videos every single one of them displayed the same problem video showed picture but was at abnormally fast speed no sound I have tried deleting all the audio and video codecs through my device manager and then resinstalling some I installed a driver ALL media players do not work from Dell website for my audio card which I realized was one of the things I removed from my computer earlier rolled back Windows Media player so now its version now Windows Media player works fine I tried running antivirus checks spybot checks Nothing helped so far It s been doing this for a week now and I am out of solutions nbsp

A:ALL media players do not work

Additional thought: I have a feeling since this is affecting all media files that I am lacking some kind of shared file. It is like there is something missing that regulates the players. I have already tried to use Glary Registry Repair, and ran another antivirus scan on safe mode with another AVG. Still doesn't work.

Anybody know what kind of shared files/codecs required to run all media players?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-media-players-do-not-work.761085/
Relevancy 55.9%

So, suddenly all my media players (sans Quicktime, but screw Quicktime) have stopped working. That is to say, they only play audio on files and not the video. WMP, VLC Player, Media PLayer Classic etc. all do the same thing all of a sudden. I have tried tons of files, and it isn't just a broken file or anything. Interesting to note is that they will display still images (jpeg, etc) and videos that are very short (seconds long) will actually work, yet everything else just plays audio and a black box for picture. This is very annoying and I wondered if anyone had any idea to the cause. Thanks!

A:All Media Players Broken?

Sounds like you may be missing the codecs... you may want to browse to find the right ones... you can try http://www.free-codecs.com/
or see if the site you got the videos from tells you what codecs you need.

Please let us know if this resolves the issue or if you need further assistance!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/all-media-players-broken-142801.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok here`s the thing. When i tried to update my sound card (realtek hd audio) everything past great but now i can here windows sounds, youtube, but there is nothing from media players. WMP is saying that I have to install driver for my sound card. I tried everything, new drivers, system restore....
please help...

A:No sound in media players

Have you tried any other media players?
For example, Media Player Classic K-Lite Mega Codec Pack asks you what speaker set-up you have during the install.

Have you checked the Realtek control panel to see if the correct output jacks are set.

I have three OS on my PC.
My Realtek card worked perfectly in XP and Windows 7, but it didn't make any sounds in Ubuntu.
It turned out that Ubuntu had chosen the wrong device type during installation (Stereo instead of HD Audio).

Sometime after that incident:
I thought that my sound card was playing up, when I played an anime episode which had 5.1 sound.
The sound didn't seem to be working properly (the Windows sounds were normal).
It turned out that most of the soundtrack was directed to a different output jack (I only have stereo speakers).
It was the only series that had this soundtrack set-up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/122892-no-sound-media-players.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Today I went to update my iPod I clicked on one of the songs in the library and the song did not play It stayed at zero I dragged the playtime to seconds for example and still nothing Later on I went to play some music with Windows Media PLayer and I get the error message Windows Media Player cannot access the file The file might be in use you might not have access to the computer where the file My Of Media Work None Players is stored or your proxy None Of My Media Players Work settings might not be correctI downloaded Winamp to see if I'd get the same story with another player Clicked on a song and it responded the same way as iTunes did No error message no music EDIT nevermind i None Of My Media Players Work fixed it Did some further researching on the nets And my problem was similar to others It started after I downloaded an older version of AIM Others had downloaded AIM The version I downloaded was much older I'll post the solution for those who may have encountered this problem as well Took from the site I HAVE THE ANSWER after searching a while I found a fix that acutally workedYou go to Control Panel gt Hardware and Sound gt Sound and then something should pop up saying certain enhancements are interfering with something Terminate the program Click yes and your problem should be solvedand BAM Fixed Silly AOL Instant Messenger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162845/none-of-my-media-players-work/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a problem with playing some videos I've downloaded. Most of them play smoothly, but a good amount of them will play for the first few seconds and then the picture freezes while the sound continues. At different points throughout playing it will unfreeze for a few seconds.

I'd like to know how to get all of my videos to play smoothly. I mostly use RealPlayer, but I've tried other media players with the same results. Two days ago I attempted to watch a video online that played through Windows Media Player. IE asked for permission to use ActiveX. When I allowed that my videos played fine. I think the ActiveX is key to fixing my problem but I don't have any idea how to activate it again.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

A:Problem with media players

Try this media player instead: VideoLAN - VLC media player - Open Source Multimedia Framework and Player

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-media-players-547444.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello this is my first post I currently use different media players Nero Ultra Edition is my main the other being wmp and Zune media center as i have a gb zune within the last weeks I have had a consistent problem of not being able to open Zune at all as soon as I attempt to open it I get quot Zune encountered a critical error and needs to close For instructions on correcting this error open the URL below in a web browser http go microsoft com fwlink Media Players All crashing Lin amp userlocale amp system ZuneClient When I attempt to use Nero I can burn dvd s fine as always and i can use it to play media fine but if i attempt to make a data dvd data cd or music cd it crashes with nero exe has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvenience with the rest of the normal error reporting nomenclature With wmp I attempted to burn disks and it told me that my media is dirty attempt to use a different cd or I All Media Players crashing should attempt to use a slower speed after acting like it will burn I have not attempted to burn a dvd with wmp Three weeks ago everything worked fine I have since reinstalled all three programs rolled wmp back then reinstalled which seems to have fixed wmp but not the other I am running win XP home edition sp I believe i am my own All Media Players crashing culprit as i did use a registry cleaner in that time but I don t believe I deleted anything other than cookies and temp files Please help sorry about the lengthy description nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-media-players-crashing.742490/
Relevancy 55.9%

windows media player i hit it to play a file and it plays the wrong one

real player when i add files it puts in 100s b00000 files and i deleted everything and they came back even though i clicked no file under 10 seconds

so what is you favorite player
for xp and win 98 too maybe ?

at least for xp

Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to watch a tv show but it keeps directing me to flip4mac, which upon researching, is a scam. I try to google other free media players and it says vlc media player is the best. When I download it and try to open it, this is what comes up. A scrren that says open web page, which does nothing but give me a blank screen or 'open' and all this foreign programing stuff comes up......CAN ANYONE PLEASE SEND ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION SO I AM ABLE TO WATCH FREE TV? I'M LOOKING TO FIND THE SHOW ON TNT CALLED LEVERAGE.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi

I hope that you can help me, I am having problems playing video files and I think that I have some sort of virus.

For example:

Mkv files say in the properties box that they are mkv files, but both VLC and Windows media player say that they are *undf* files and can't play them.

THEN

Mp4 files that say in the properties box that they are mp4 files again both VLC and Windows media player say that they are *hev1* files and they can't play them.

Can you explain why these video files are being seen as something different please?

I have already done a scan with Combofix, but nothing changed.

Many thanks for any help

Caroline

A:Media players see files as something different?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/594300 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594300/media-players-see-files-as-something-different/
Relevancy 55.9%

I made the big mistake of accepting an upgrade from WMP to help! Windows Players Media - WMP recently I did not take to right away but was giving it a chance when it failed to play something and I clicked on online help Nothing seemed to happen at first but then it became apparent that WMP Windows Media Players - help! had DISAPPEARED Even the desktop icon vanished and I could neither play any media file nor open the player from programs So I tried to remove it via Control panel and it gave me the option of rolling back to the previous version which I accepted However that made no difference whatever - still no player So I went to the Windows Media downloads page and downloaded WMP But it failed to run and the message was that WMP was incompatible with my version of Windows - which is XP and WMP is most certainly not incompatible with this I clicked on the more details box - the page was unavailable I have even tried copying WMP from another machine but it tells me it is not properly installed So I have no Windows Media Player and no other ideas - but I do not ever wish to try WMP again How can I re-instate WMP nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Folks I truly hope all of you are having a great day I do not know for certain if this post would be best placed in this Forum I thought Internet Media Players I would give it a try My wife and I love to watch youtube com music videos with the flv format Occasionally we watch something that is in the avi acc mpeg video format also That s pretty much it I am hoping somebody very knowledgeable about Internet flv Internet Media Players or Multi-Media Media Players reads this post or somebody points me to a link of some kind or another person that can advise me Also if anybody knows of a better Forum I should could transfer this post to I would appreciate the information tremendously I would greatly appreciate Internet Media Players some help and guidance from somebody with a very good knowledge of these players I have been using - Players Internet Media Players the past few years One was Musicmatch and the other two were Real Player and Windows Media We have had a lot of trouble with Library the getting corrupted on one of these players wav and mp files put in where my flv videos should be and Windows Media player trying to get in the way and do as it pleases I do not understand why but some players also tend to be very bad at duplicating my videos therefore take up unnecessary space I am looking for a very good dependable flv or Multi-media player that is freeware shareware or programs that must be purchased for and under I also want one other thing and that is to burn my videos over onto DVD The thing I have loved about Real Player is it s scroll over the video downloading and recording manager system If a flv Player only is recommended to me would you please tell me what type downloader you have and how the system works I am By FAR NOT the most knowledgeable person about anything other than Windows Media Real Player and Musicmatch That t it Also I do not know a whole lot about thee players Some of these players seem to have way to much stuff on them that is not needed and just complicates things badly I am looking for a user friendly player as less complicated as can be with a users manual and can play - formats and burn DVD s with it to copy my videos to watch on TV One that is dependable and does not take your playing rights away from you I would be more in line to setup a freeware player but if somebody knows of one like I say under better yet as low as possibble to get my moneys worth The most player for the least expense I am disabled and due to gas prices etc I have had to cut out some things I normally would do I am sure our whole nation and everybody is being impacted Some FAR worse than others I know all of you have too God Bless Have a TERRIFIC Friday and a SUPER weekend Sincerely Heartbeat

A:Internet Media Players

Real Player 11 is probably the easiest way to download videos online. But if you don't like their player and prefer Windows Media or possibly VLC or whatever, you can right click on the clip in your Real Player library and transfer it to My Videos in Windows. Then you can watch it on any player you like. I don't use MusicMatch so I can't comment on that. There are other ways to download video clips but Real has made it very easy. The other day I used it to download a clip and uploaded it to my Blogger account to post it on my blog. That took a total of about ten minutes. That's very easy.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/150890/internet-media-players/
Relevancy 55.9%

hi my windows media playaer and vcl players freeze every few secpnds and the only way i can make it better is after i restart my computer it works for roughly 3 movies then starts freezing again

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606267/media-players-freezing/
Relevancy 55.9%

I don't often copy cd's to my pc because whenever I try I get tied in knots. I've used wmp and Realplayer and I can't get a handle on either. Copying across to the hard drive is easy, it's the sorting and editing afterwards. Like, when titles are 'untitled', the album is 'unknown' etc. I just can't seem to rename these without losing them from the playlist selection, or refile the contents of Disc 2 to the same file as Disc 1, or delete previously chosen tracks from playlists?

Is there a SIMPLE, EASY-TO-USE, music refiler/renamer/resorter/whatever out there that even a total dummy like me can use?? Or maybe just an easier to use music media player?

A:Am I too thick to use media players?

What version of windows and windows media player (in WMP click help, about, version number is there) do you have?
Like, when titles are 'untitled', the album is 'unknown' Click to expand...

When copying music from a CD you have options to set within media player that will sort all this out for you. You can turn off the creation of subfolders for album titles which can get a bit messy. Also, whilst copying the music, you can check an online database that will name/tag the tracks for you. The 'layout' of the name is again determined by you - Artists/title for example, album etc etc. Without these options set or the database checked it just puts music in folders called unknown or untitled and the tracks just usually have numbers as their name.
Where are you trying to re-name your music, is it the file itself outside WMP or are you trying to re-name things from within WMP's library? You can do both but there are different results.
The key to having music show in windows media player, as you want it, are the hidden tags in a music file. Changing a file's name outside WMP doesn't change the way WMP shows the file, similarly, changing something in the library doesn't change the name of the file outside of WMP.
It's not as confusing as it sounds.
Outside of WMP you want your file names to be simple and easily identified.
The hidden tags though is what will show inside WMP. These tags can hold all sorts of info - Artist/title/album/length/genre/year/album cover pic/even the complete lyrics of a song - although that's a bit over the top for most people.
Your songs can get tagged/named as you copy them (that online database) and your song files can get put where ever you want in folders of your choice.
What do you want to sort first is the question? You have songs already on your computer and you have WMP settings to play with to make it easier ongoing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/am-i-too-thick-to-use-media-players.314087/
Relevancy 55.9%

GOM and KM media players.

In both, I wonder where's the VSync option of a playback?

...this is a very important information for me!

I am not definetly sure where to put this topic.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gom-and-km-media-players-vsync-1085681.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have five different players for mp3, how do I make the one of my choice the default player? Right now Windows media plays everything unless I choose to "open with" Cool Edit. I'd like to make Cool Edit the default. I'm running Windows XP. Thanks.

Relevancy 55.9%

Whenever I open any media player, the program immediately goes to "not responding". When this happened with Windows Media Player 12, which came on my machine, I downloaded RealPlayer. When I opened RealPlayer, the same thing happened. I have a new laptop that came with Windows 7 Home. The problem seemed to begin after I installed Skype 4.0. I uninstalled Skype, yet the problem persists. Because of it, I cannot listen to podcasts and cannot play CDs/DVDs on the machine. I hope someone can help me fix this problem.

P.S. I scanned the computer for viruses with NOD32. No files were infected.

A:Media Players Not Responding

I have media player 11 on Vista Ultimate, mine quit last week for a day, now it's back. I wish I could be of more assistance. Someone will answer you soon, Bleeping Computer Rocks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277772/media-players-not-responding/
Relevancy 55.9%

I just reformat my laptop, and wanted to play a clip it plays it with bright colours, green, red, orange, blue, purple. i can slightly see the image but not clear. the clip work fine on my other PC. I tryed useing real player and windows media player.
has this happend to anyone and know the solution. coz i would realy like to fix this! thx.

A:media players not working well!

Windows media player/Tools/Options/Plugins/Visualizations/Properties/Change the resolution,and see if that improves anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-players-not-working-well.48797/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey all, i've about had it with this problem. My comp (running vista 32 bit) for some reason refuses to play videos in media players. I tried googling it and got several options, from vista codec updates to graphic card codec updates (nvidia geforce 9300). I thought the problem may have been with the avi files themselves, so i converted them to no avail. Vids online (using like flash or shockwave) work fine, i can surf youtube all day. I updated the graphics drivers on my video card, and i've exhausted every option that i could find or think of. Plz if anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated. I surfed through topics and decided general discussion would be a decent place for this thread; if it isn't, i apologize.

A:No video in media players

First try VLC Media Player...Free.
This will tell us if it's a Windows problem or not.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/203388-no-video-media-players.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

I am having problems with all my music in that only the backing music is playing, no vocals. I cannot see an option that relates in the slightest in any volume control. Any thoughts? It's driving me crazy!

A:problems with all media players

Hello and welcome to TSG

Select ..Open volume Controls. Then see
if all your "Balance" settings are set to the middle.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-all-media-players.571777/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys,

I have a problem with all my media players (iTunes and Windows Media Player) glitching when playing files.

Even YouTube videos experience the problem.

Can anyone help me as it is creating a problem in my ears.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

A:Media Players Glitching

What type of files? Playing files with a media player ( likely on the HDD) and YouTube (streaming) would likely indicate a driver issue (video or audio drivers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players-glitching.1043381/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my P200.

Basically, I can't playback full-screen video
without some glitches at free sites, i.e. online
Internet TV/Radio Tuner sites or free sites
where you can watch streaming media.

My problem is, any media player I use
(WMP 7 or Real Player 10) seems to have the
same problem: I can't get streaming media
files and online media to play back 100%.

Please let me know, is it because I need to
update drivers for my video card? (less than
8 MB) I have 64 MB RAM, Win 98 SE and
a Broadband connection.

Let me know if you can help me figure this out;

I'm sure it's just a codec-related issue, or
something easy to work on.

Thanks for your help,

Greg76.

A:Having Media Players problems

My first guess is that your system doesn't have the memory or the processing power to handle it. Your broadband may be wasted with bottlenecks in your systems capabilities or lack there of.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-media-players-problems.454906/
Relevancy 55.9%

the other poster who has problem may need new power supply

mine i get stuck in roxio player and even if i set it to play by windows player it reverts to roxio and no icon is seen in list for power dvd

i wonder if its because of windows media player
should i delete every player except one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-you-have-5-media-players-i-cant-play-dvd.340761/
Relevancy 55.9%

i have several quot media players quot installed on my system i have a gateway pc with windows xp media center in addition to windows media player there is realplayer quicktime player media center windows and itunes are these all necessary to have obviously ill keep windows media player and media center can i uninstall the others as i understand itunes and quicktime are installed together as far many players? too Solved: media as i know we dont use either one real player has some update thing that runs at startup but otherwise dont know if we use it at all either can i deselect the update thing from Solved: too many media players? startup if i dont use it quicktime also had a qttask exe that runs on startup i deselected it in webroot startup programs shield read that its a memory hog and unnecessary thanx tom p s not sure if this is the right section of the forum if not could an admin move it to the right one please Solved: too many media players? nbsp

A:Solved: too many media players?

Depends on what types of files you play. If all the files you play are compatiblei with media player and center that's all you need. iTunes and Quicktime no longer have to be installed together and there is the Quicktime Alternative as well. Real Player you only need for sure if you try to play real media files. qttask is not a memory hog but it indeed does not have to be loaded on startup for any compelling reason.

I usually keep windows media player and vlc media player if I only have two because vlc will play almost anything that media player cannot, as well as almost all that it can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-too-many-media-players.670492/
Relevancy 55.9%

After a reinstall of XP pro/SP2, there was no sound when playing DVD's (CD's play). I installed WinDVD got an error message and shut down player, uninstalled. I then installed Power DVD same problem, uninstalled. Then I updated to MP11 now it will not play DVD's either. Any ideas? Thank!

A:Media Players problem!

what do the error messages say?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players-problem.685241/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I'm having a problem with Windows Media Player and Real Player Basically each time that I load either of them they suddenly close after about - minutes with no warning There's no error message at all - they simply vanish I don't need to be doing anything in particular in order for keep closing Media Players them to crash Even if I just load them up and then Media Players keep closing do absolutely nothing they will stay open on the screen for - minutes and then disappear For the time that they are open I have no problem playing or ripping music videos etc The problem is simply that the programs just close of their own accord This just suddenly started happening a couple of days ago and Media Players keep closing I don't recall installing anything beforehand or messing with the computer generally that may have caused this I have a Dell Dimension computer using Windows XP GB of RAM and am using WMP If anyone could give me any help I'd be really grateful as this is driving me nuts Thanks Stuart In case it's of any use I have used Hijack This and the log generated was Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Sports Interactive Football Manager fm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www skybroadband com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bbc co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell co uk myway F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - BHO Browser protection - FB FFB B- - - - ECDB C B - C PROGRA SPYNOM SNMIEG DLL O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-players-keep-closing-383909.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Do you guys know any good media players that allow you to crop and zoom in? In my old Computer I had the Nero Showtime 4 which gave you that option. But apparently the recent Nero player doesn't offer it anymore.

Do you guys know of any media players that give you that option?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-media-players.1164702/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi
Iam using windows XP 2002 adition and having peintiumIII processor.
I have a problem in my computer.

Whenever i activate any media players like winamp, windows player or real player it crashes. I mean it gets closed after 2 sec.iam trying to play mp3 file on winamp it opens and in 2or 3secs it gets closed.
i need solution for this...

A:media players are crashing

have you checked your sound card drivers? direct x? media codecs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players-are-crashing.260633/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all,

I will try to be as clear as possible.
I am running XPpro on a sony VIAO.
I have been using WMP10 since i got it and I decided some time ago to try WMP11.
My problem is:
WMP11 induces a program error in C++runtime that bug my DVDburning program (Sonic mediahub roxio digitalmedia home).
The other problem is, since everything was working fine (i am not burning that much) and that i needed space, i clean the recovery files from windows (all the backup for updates).
I am now in the impossibility to downgrade WMP11 to WMP10.

Is there someone that have suggestions before i started reformating the HD ? (recovery from a DVD, .. ???)

Thank you all

A:Windows media players...

Hi StefUSA and welcome to TSF !

There is a conflict between Roxio/Sonic software and Microsoft Windows Media Player 11. Keep reformat as a last resort solution, I'm sure we can find a workaround.

Sonic issued patches for Dell and HP computers so you may want to contact them and ask if there's an update for your software.

About WMP11 you mean you can't roll back to WMP10 or WMP9 ? See this page and click on how do I uninstall the player. When you go to add/remove programs don't you see a windows media player entry ? (tick the show updates box at the top if needed but it should appear like a regular program and not like an update). I'm still using WMP9 and have never had any problems with it.

Sonic support
Roxio support
Sonic applications forum

You could also uninstall/reinstall the latest version of Sonic or use another burning software that doesn't conflict with WMP11. If you only need to copy data DVD's I like ImgBurn. Else there are many other free DVD burning softwares.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-players-247102.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi
I am new to these forums but I have been having a number of problems with Windows. The current problem is that none of my media players work. when I try to play a song in itunes it sits at the beginning of the song and does not play or give me an error. in Winamp, it gives me the error of Bad DirectSound driver. Please install the proper drivers or select another device in configuration. Error code: 8878000A. and I know that is sounds so simple but no matter what drivers I get, nothing works. If somebody could please help me out, that would be perfect.
thanks
note I appologize about the poor grammer/ puntuation/ spetting/etc. I wrote this in a hurry.

A:media players not working

what hardware is the sound card? is it onboard or add-in? what driver versions have you tried? Was it working before, and if so what was the last thing done on the machine?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-players-not-working-79116.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Recently added a new hard drive and flat panel LCD. Can play DVD's directly from dvd player to LCD but anytime trying to run dvd on dvd player on pc, no matter which player is used(including windows media player) it crashes and wants to send report to MS. Ive downloaded and installed dvd decoders.

system - p4, 1 gb ram, dvd player, ati radeon 1300 graphics card(256 mb ram on card also). Media players functions fine in any other instances.

Relevancy 55.9%

Pentium D 3.4 GHz, Running Windows XP Pro, SP3. Windows media player kept launching itself, and then reopening after being closed. I ran virus scans, found nothing. Deleted wmplayer.exe, and installed Winamp to play media files instead. The same problem started occurring with Winamp. It launches itself without reason, and no matter how many times I close it, it keeps relaunching, usually as multiple processes at the same time. Basically has rendered the PC unusable since it uses up so much resource and steals the focus from whatever other program I try to use.

A:Media Players seem to have been hijacked

Besides Virus scans, did you run any Malware scans? How about trying a system restore to before the problems started?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players-seem-to-have-been-hijacked.996019/
Relevancy 55.9%

Makes no difference if I am using WMP wish I had never met this beast winamp realplayer quicktime they all rebuffer every second Makes it unlistenable I have tried to reconfigure all the players changing the buffer times increasing decreasing modem speed changing video and audio compression settings etc and it changes NOTHING I think it may be a driver or second every players media rebuffering all codec problem but for the life of me I cant figure it out I downloaded AIDA and confronted with all that information I realized that I didnt know where to begin or even what drivers to look for to upgrade I dont know if this is related but in previous computer lives the playeres would buffer for a minute and then the streams would begin vitually uninterupted in both audio and video now for some reason especially on all media players rebuffering every second video it all media players rebuffering every second takes to minutes to buffer the whole clip before the stream begins With audio its the constant rebuffering I feel like I am missing something fundemental Any help or linkage would be appreciated PS I am aware that a certain amount of network congestion is expected and I am on dial-up but buffering every second Its funny that my old machine with Windows and WMP works great nbsp

A:all media players rebuffering every second

Should I move this thread to another forum...if so how do I do it? Do you think it needs to be in the hardware forum? Any feed back appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-media-players-rebuffering-every-second.340597/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am wondering what others use for a Media player.
I am wanting to switch from Windows Media player .

thanks Lu

A:What is your choice in Media Players ?

It's definitely not Real One.
Real One = AOL Time Warner = spam + RIAA

I'll go with Windows Media Player!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-your-choice-in-media-players.162043/
Relevancy 55.9%

I had this type of question about web browsers and thanks to that topic I got off of IE and got to Opera I love it but now I m wondering if it can be like this with my videos I say considerably better than in the title because I ve tried maybe or other media players and they don What better media considerably than are WMP? players t work any better than WMP Is there a player out there that is just better in every aspect Will I have to uninstall WMP to witness this theoretical player in action to the fullest WMP is playing avis wmvs and asfs choppily and when I m downloading movies on the net or on P P networks I m getting class not registered or wrong format or something like that a lot more than I d like to see I think it s because of my computer It only has the original win GB of storage space TOTAL and about What media players are considerably better than WMP? MB RAM A lot of the new codecs out now seem to need What media players are considerably better than WMP? more of the system than it can give So I m asking if there s a better media player so that I don t have to go through all this Or is this a codec problem that s the fault of my computer I m on WMP and am not going near because it plays wmvs really crappy nbsp

A:What media players are considerably better than WMP?

You didn't say what speed your CPU is as that can cause choppy play. As for the "wrong format" messages, that's probably a codec issue.

I've recently been using WinAmp to play videos. Another possibility is Media Player Classic which is a redo of WMP 6.4. It comes with RealAlternative and QuickTimeAlternative or you can get it by itself. An added bonus with MPC is that it plays DVD's.

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/media_player_classic.html

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-media-players-are-considerably-better-than-wmp.301398/
Relevancy 55.9%

As it is written on the tittle, I'm having a problem with my media players..... I dont know why, but suddenly all of my media players including GOM player and adrenalin (they're korean softwares) stopped working correctly.... Whenever I open a file (avi, rm, mp4, wmp, whatever) the screen is always black and i can only hear the sound.... sounds like a common problem but I can't seem to fix it by myself..... perhaps I have a problem with my video card or something.... plz help!!!! thx.

o yeah, btw I seems that my window media player is somehow working though.... But I'm too use to using my other players...... just wanna fix it up before I get in trouble cause this isn't my computer.... thx! plz reply!

A:Promblem with media players....

looks like your codecs are missing. Assuming you're on XP, download this.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/XP_Codec_Pack.htm

edit: I don't think these are universal codecs, so if you're not using WMP they may not work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/promblem-with-media-players.486127/
Relevancy 55.9%

A friend has a new Quad core system with XP pro loaded and after updating Microsoft updates NO MEDIA Player will work. Uninstalled Windows player ,installed Real player,uninstalled ,installed Itunes ,uninstalled, installed Winamp,,,, all plyers froze computor completely. Any ideas?

A:Media players freezing xp.

Was System Restore enabled on the computer prior to the updates?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players-freezing-xp.979870/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have XP. All my players - media player 11, VLC, real and winamp get stuck in the middle of videos/songs with a 'grrrrrr' sound and everything hangs. Even cntrl+alt+del doesnt work... Can anyone help me plzzz???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players-get-stuck.637371/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi
Iam using windows XP 2002 adition and having peintiumIII processor.
I have a problem in my computer.

Whenever i activate any media players like winamp, windows player or real player it crashes. I mean it gets closed after 2 sec.iam trying to play mp3 file on winamp it opens and in 2or 3secs it gets closed.
i need solution for this...

A:Media players are crashing

Have u tried uninstall and reinstall winamp?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-players-are-crashing.263369/
Relevancy 55.9%

the computer got unpluged and when I booted it up my mp3s wouldn't play in WMP and I couldn't even get Dell Jukebox by musicmatch to run, I've tried to reinstall WMP but no luck. The files are being played and you can see the equalizer moving but hear no sound. I don't think it's the sound card b/c I can get the music to play on MAGIX audio studio 10 deLuxe. If you have any ideas I'm glad to hear them,
Thanks Chris

A:no sound in media players

I also have a sound problem with Media player. When I play a DVd I can see the picture but no sound. With any other player ie WinDVD or Pawer Dvd all is fine???????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-in-media-players.452096/
Relevancy 55.47%

Which do you guys and gals prefer and why?

I'm thinking of totally ditching WMP and going with Winamp.

Thanks.

A:Windows Media Players vs. Winamp

Personally, I favour Winamp for looks and ease of use plus it never fails me :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-players-vs-winamp-107810.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I m running Windows XP SP On my PC I ve got four USB ports in the back and two in the front At first I connected an recognizing players media not Windows iPod to the front ports and all was well but later it stopped connecting though it would still charge slowly When I tried the ports in the back it connected but then stopped though it still charged I ve got a Creative player also and the ports worked long enough for me to install all the wares for it But I Windows not recognizing media players ve been having the same problems with it recently The bubble occasionally tells me it detected new hardware even though it s not new then say it malfunctioned but it usually just tells me the device has malfunctioned and to reconnect it Of course I have no problem connecting these players to a different computer I ve also got two other things station for wireless keyboard mouse and the printer plugged in to the rear ports and they work fine Any ideas And thanks nbsp

A:Windows not recognizing media players

am i to assume u have an ipod? if so theres only 2 programs i know that will make an ipod work correctly. one is itunes/quicktime player which im not a fan of or a program u can purchase called dopisp by mgtek. it works wonderfully with windows media player 11. which is the latest version for windows xp. hope this helps u.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-not-recognizing-media-players.675634/
Relevancy 55.47%

I just clicked on a song as usual and its having little lags in the middle. Tried other songs and the same problem there as well. But when I'm playing the music on my Ipod using Itunes then there's no choppiness but when I use VLC player or any other player such as Nero, there is choppiness. Please help.

A:Audio choppy with all media players

Have you checked to see if there is an issue with your audio drivers in Device Manager? Does this also happen for streaming videos say on YouTube etc

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-choppy-with-all-media-players-588882.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Alright, wav and other audio files are not playing in anything except for my media players. (ex: Winamp, WMP, ect) When I try to open something in sound recorder, the file loads but the play button is grayed out. A similar thing happens when I try to record, the record button is grayed out so I cannot.

When on the internet, I can't play any embedded files, even if they are mp3. On sites like google video or youtube, there is no audio.

Also, I'll add this example as well: I'm encoding some video in virtualdubmod and when I play the video in virtualdub there is no sound.

And, wav's that play when xp starts up and shuts down are not playing. Same thing with the standard error/beep noises. (and yes these sounds are enabled)

Any ideas for a course of action? As a note, I have the latest K-Lite Mega Codec Pack installed.

A:Audio not playing outside of media players

You stated Sound is enabled. Have you check the Control Panel Sound and Audio devices and looked at all the advance setting?
Volume
Device volume
Advanced
Volume control. No items are muted.

This was just an example. If you have not go through the rest of the tabs and see that all of the items are set properly. And if a test is available use it test the settings.

Does you audio device have a separate entry on the Control panel? If yes have you checked through it for additional setting.

If you have check these item already, sorry but you did not say where you check for the sound enable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-not-playing-outside-of-media-players-100975.html