Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 connection drops frequently for no reason

Q: Windows 7 connection drops frequently for no reason

Hi, I'm having this problem with my windows 7 OS Lenovo Ideapad Y450 laptop.
when i try to connect to the internet at home, it connects and before i could go into the internet browser, it drops again. this continues to happen for many times until i couldnt do anything with it.
what's the irony is that i have other laptops (vista OS) at home running with no problems , and when i am in school, my Lenovo laptop connects perfectly. no signs of dropping of connection at all.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 connection drops frequently for no reason

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 connection drops frequently for no reason

get this free program called inSSIDer and run it on the laptop. Walk around your place and see where the drop it starts and ends. Then you need to buy a Repeater and place that in the dead drop zone. The repeater is 100% wireless no need for hard-wire cable from the router to it.

In the meantime make sure your router is reset and also have the latest firmware for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-connection-drops-frequently-for-no-reason.146184/
Relevancy 82.99%

At the rate of about once every one to two minutes the computer drops LAN connection and then reestablishes it Process repeats continually Process seems regular though I did not time it Tried Different modems bypassing the router different cables Computer Lan Frequently Drops Connection AdAware scan AVG scan I'm stumped and would really appreciate assistance here and any illumination you could provide Many Thanks JacobFollowing is a Hijackthis log file made while the event was occurring It happens continually Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at Computer Frequently Drops Lan Connection PM on Computer Frequently Drops Lan Connection Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exeC Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeC Program Files Toshiba Controls CpRmtKey EXEC Computer Frequently Drops Lan Connection Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exeC WINDOWS System ezSP Px exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exeC toshiba ivp ism ivpsvmgr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC Program Files Wire PortalMon exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC WINDOWS system RAMASST exec Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC Program Files Stata Labs SAproxy Pro sa-gui exeC WINDOWS System DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXEC WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC Program Files Stata Labs SAproxy Pro saproxy exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Documents and Settings mark archer Desktop HiJackThis v exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adb search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adb www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr System panels blank htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr System panels blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run CeEKEY C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exeO - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeO - HKLM Run CpRmtKey quot C Program Files Toshiba Controls CpRmtKey EXE quot O - HKLM Run CeEPOWER C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exeO - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exeO - HKLM Run TPNF C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exeO - HKLM Run Pinger c toshiba ivp ism pinger exe runO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run IVPServiceMgr C toshiba ivp ism ivps... Read more

A:Computer Frequently Drops Lan Connection

Hello and welcome to BC.Go to Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and remove if Kaspersky online scanner is present prior to downloading the most up-to-date one.Now run this online scan using Internet Explorer:Kaspersky Online Scanner from http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscannerNext Click on Launch Kaspersky Online ScannerYou will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files: Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT Now click on Scan Settings In the scan settings make that the following are selected: Scan using the following Anti-Virus database: Standard Scan Options: Scan ArchivesScan Mail BasesClick OK Now under select a target to scan: Select My Computer This will program will start and scan your system. The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run. Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected. Now click on the Save as Text button: Save the file to your desktop in txt format.Copy and paste that information from Kapersky in your next post.====================================Restart your computer=====================================Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimizedCopy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt here.Please attach extra.txt to your post.To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, andcopy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box: C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt
Click Upload.=================================Please post back the Kaspersky report, main.txt and extra.txt.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95938/computer-frequently-drops-lan-connection/
Relevancy 82.99%

Randomly my internet will lose connection, saying "the default gateway is not available." It tells me to check the physical connection which isn't the problem, because I've checked it multiple times and found it to be fine. I can reconnect to the internet if I disable the network adapter and reenable it. Additionally, if I run the Windows troubleshooter, that will fix it as well.

I'm running Windows 7 with ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 for my motherboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 82.99%

I have a Belkin wireless G router connected to both my destop and laptop. the connection to my destop is local and the connection to my laptop is wireless. My wireless connection drops frequently while my destop does not. Plz help

A:wireless connection drops frequently

Try updating the wireless adapter.

How is the signal to strength?

Are you using encryption on the wireless?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connection-drops-frequently-407802.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello everyone!It's been 4 months since I'm suffering from this issue. My internet connection drops every 15 minutes and takes about 2-3 minutes to reconnect. In the meantime the wifi  connection is still working and strong (5 bars).I've tried all methods to solve this issue, dns  flush, dos, ip  address, driver update... I even connect my laptop to a usb wireless dongle to figure out if it is a hardware issue, but same result. I tried to connect to another wifi network but also the problem remains. Strangely when I connect my computer to my phone internet data via wifi it works perfectly.My phone, iPad are connected to my home's wifi  without any problem.Any idea? Many thanks in advance for your help.

A:Internet connection drops frequently

I'd recommend checking the channel setting and wifi encryption on the router, try setting the channel to a static channel (6 and 11 are normally safe bets) and ensure that the key encryption is set to WPA2-PSK, not auto or both WPA and WPA2, if you are unsure how to adjust these settings then contact your ISP

***********************************************************************************************I do not work for HP**********click the purple thumbs up button to say thanks**********If I solved your problem, help others by clicking accept as solution***********************************************************************************************

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Internet-connection-drops-frequently/td-p/5725536
Relevancy 82.99%

My connection goes to Off Line very frequently and I have to cancel it to get back online. Any thoughts as to what may be going on?

A:My internet connection drops frequently

JPK,
Welcome to 7 Forums and sorry to hear about your disconnect problem.
Who is your ISP provider and is this a recent issue with your connection?
I would check you cables to the internet as a starting point.
Post back and let us know.
THW

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160294-my-internet-connection-drops-frequently.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Its really becoming annoying...especially when playing online mmo's...sometimes the wireless connection just goes "no internet access", sometimes the internet speed just drops to near nothing (like waiting 30 seconds to load google).i tried to update the driver, that didnt worked...the router isnt the problem since my xp laptop is working fine.i dont know really much about this kind of stuff..so the only solution i have is to reset my router or my wireless adapter and it works..for a certain amount of time.could someone tell me the cause of this problem...or possibly find a solution? any help is very much appreciated, thank you in advance.

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi.

I am trying to track down a problem I am having with one laptop. Other wireless devices on the network are not showing the same problem. Connecting to the router by ethernet resolves the problem.

Over a 120 second period, the wireless connection drops and reconnects several times. Each time it drops it almost immediately picks up and re-connects. The "down time" is usually between 5 and 20 seconds.

I have updated the driver for the wireless card (it was out of date) but this did not resolve.

Reading posts here - I see you typically need to see a WiFi inspector screen shot - which I have attached. You can see a couple of "drops" on the graph.

Not sure what to do next. Your help is very much appreciated.

Mim.

Relevancy 80.84%

I have a very big problem!My Internet connection drops for no reson,it simply drops.I want to know why it does this.I don't know it's from my router/modem/network card or my OS.

P.S:I installed this connection only a month ago(100 MB/S,cable).Before that i used a USB modem from ZTE(very low conection, but stable).

A:My network connection drops for no reason....

Quote: Originally Posted by Jezuz

I have a very big problem!My Internet connection drops for no reson,it simply drops.I want to know why it does this.I don't know it's from my router/modem/network card or my OS.

P.S:I installed this connection only a month ago(100 MB/S,cable).Before that i used a USB modem from ZTE(very low conection, but stable).

Hi Jezuz,

Do you have a different system that connect on the same network and does the connection drops there as well.

When the connection drops what is the status of LEDs on the router. Also, check the system in safe mode with networking and let us know if there is a difference:

Safe Mode

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/311927-my-network-connection-drops-no-reason.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi as stated in the title I'm having awful trouble maintaining a stable internet connection It freezes regularly the windows network diagnostic which only runs when not frozen otherwise fix frequently, connection reset hard requires to Internet drops just sits on a looping progress bar when network issue occurs says quot Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings quot I switched from Chrome to Firefox thinking that might be the problem but the issue persists I don't believe I'm doing anything particularly network-intensive so I'm at a loss I don't think it's the router as other wireless devices work fine I'm connected through LAN via tplink homeplugs to an EE Brightbox router using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller if any of that helps I'd read that it may be something to do with router MTU settings or automatically assigning a DNS to the PC but I'm unsure how to change these settings I'll paste any relevant settings if anyone can advise me what commands to run Edit Also running AVG antivirus which I understand can cause problems

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62379-internet-connection-drops-frequently-requires-hard-reset-fix.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Ugh I don t like it when I feel like a tech noob For several years my family has run an ADSL connection with Telstra on one of their stock Thomson TG T I think modem routers It F9J1002 N300 (01) connection drops ADSL reason Belkin v1 no apparent for had worked mostly fine for most of it s life with the odd bug Belkin N300 F9J1002 v1 (01) drops ADSL connection for no apparent reason and need for a restart Early January this year it started to Belkin N300 F9J1002 v1 (01) drops ADSL connection for no apparent reason drop the entire system s connection to ADSL it still considered everything to be connected to it and there was apparently Internet access but it was so incredibly slow that we pages and emails just sat on the same loading progress A simple flick of the switch would re-establish connection for the time being As time went on this became more frequent until it didn t fix the problem at all so we decided to get a new modem router On the old router we had about - devices hooked in three by Ethernet - via wireless I ll list them just to be on the safe side By WiFi laptops - Windows Windows Vista The Windows one is usually on in the afternoon the other is used probably once a day for emails Desktop PC running Windows Vista It is rarely used though iPad s School makes us have these and they are usually on - smartphones depending on the time of day And via Ethernet iMac - running OSX Lion This is almost always on but asleep I have run Minecraft servers on this in the past with no problems Epson Stylus TX W printer And on occasion Desktop PC running Windows XP I put the router needing a restart constantly down to old age because I figured that years of service wasn t terrible for a stock ISP router So we bought a new Belkin N300 F9J1002 v1 (01) drops ADSL connection for no apparent reason modem router a Belkin N F J v It has worked well for about months No complaints except video streaming is a bit slow even via the Ethernet connection I had occasionally run a Mincraft server on it but not often Then last Saturday I set up a Mumble server like TeamSpeak but open source on my iMac so my friends and I could enjoy low latency chat whilst playing League of Legends on my Windows laptop I also started playing that on the same day They had previously used Skype to play but Skype is a bit draggy on the latency and made everybody lag a bit and people kept disconnecting randomly on it Mumble also worked well for those who used it mostly LoL has been the first online game I ve played other than Minecraft for over a year since Star Wars The Old Republic which I dumped quickly because I decided to dislike MMORPGs I don t use an external static IP address so I signed up for a free dynamic address at www dnsdynamic org and downloaded their Windows GUI to change the IP assigned to my host name This worked for about a week until the router decided to almost completely stop the ADSL connection during a game Mum was trying to download emails at the time and she was most displeased It took me about minutes to get everything to go again I tried pulling the power on the router loading various web pages which didn t actually happen I eventually remembered being able to restart the router from the webpage GUI which I did and it worked I thought I had fixed it I thought it was either a router bug possibly a hardware or firmware problem but Mum was convinced that it was either my Mumble server or me playing LoL She has Dad convinced too This is not good because when we bought it I had told Dad it would do the job the sales clerk had convinced both Dad and Me that it was the best router brand and that Mb s would be fast enough for the rural Internet connection we have here so he bought it I hadn t at the time expected to be playing online games in the future otherwise I d have bought a dual brand router I was originally leaning towards a D-Link router The problem is I ve seen it lag up a heap and disconnect about times in the past days at inconvenient ti... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-n300-f9j1002-v1-01-drops-adsl-connection-for-no-apparent-reason.1097837/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello This problem is frustrating me a lot now After upgrading to WIndows I frequently 10 drops Windows Wifi have noticed that my Wi-Fi connection frequently drops without any pattern whatsover It just drops randomly and re-connects after - minutes If I attempt to connect to the network in that period Windows 10 Wifi drops frequently of - minutes it will sometimes connect and sometimes fail I have other laptops of which has Windows and they don't experience this problem I have searched online and tried tons of things Nothing has fixed the problem so far Below are all the things I tried Please help if you have any suggestions or if there are known issues with Windows Updated the driver software Uninstalled the driver and re-installed it Unchecked the setting of 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in Power Management of the wireless network adapter Uninstalled anti-virus to eliminate anti-virus as the issue Disabled 'Wifi Sense' options of 'Connect to suggested hotspots' amp 'Connect to networks shared by my contacts' I am clueless as to what the issue is Please help

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63181-windows-10-wifi-drops-frequently.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My probem is that periodically my laptop jump off the internet, and then can't find any nearby networks. I have tried reinstalling new drivers for my wifi adaptor, but the problem stays. When the only thing that helps is restarting the wifi adaptor. The windows solution says that there is a wifi adaptor that is misplaced or broken. Please help

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/wifi-drops-out-very-frequently-4598478/
Relevancy 64.5%

I ve seen this around a lot nowadays many people are having the same problem as me I keep dropping internet connection Sometimes I have to reset my modem and sometimes internet stops for a few seconds and comes back on almost slows down I ve called comcast earlier too drops frequently!! Internet way today but as always they never fix the problems The operator reset the router from there and it looked like things changed but I still drop Internet drops way too frequently!! connection Anyways here are specs of my Internet drops way too frequently!! modem Software Version SB - -SCM -NOSH Hardware Version MIB Version II GUI Version VxWorks Version my signal at the momment Downstream Frequency Hz Signal to Noise Ratio dB QAM QAM Network Access Control Object ON Power Level dBmV was before comcast reset my router moves from - Upstream Channel ID Frequency Hz Ranging Service ID Symbol Rate Msym s Power Level dBmV moves from - My logs are a bit different now I think because comcast did something from their place something changed but connection still drops but havnt gotten a -critical notice since then - - -Information DS multicast is not mapped to SAID - - -Information B Map Reject - Downstream Traffic Flow Not Mapped to BPI SAID - - -Information B SA Map State Machine Started - - -Information SNMP Working in SNMP V c Only NmAccess mode - - -Information INITIALIZATION COMPLETE - MODEM IS OPERATIONAL - - -Information B Authorized - - -Information SEC Co-Signer CVC from configuration file was verified - - -Information REGISTRATION COMPLETE - Waiting for Operational status - - -Information REG Capability type lt gt isn t supported by CMTS - - -Information Registration file - downloaded - - -Information Trying to download Configuration file - - -Information Time of day - retrieved - - -Information DHCP - parameters acquired - - -Information DHCP ACK Setting CM TFTP Boot file d m sb bronze c cm - - -Information DHCP Setting CM IP address to - - -Information DHCP Setting CM Syslog Server address to - - -Information DHCP Setting CM Time Server address to - - -Information DHCP Setting CM Subnet mask to - - -Information DHCP Setting CM Gateway address to - - -Information DHCP OFFER Setting CM TFTP Boot file d m sb bronze c cm PLEASE help me it s really getting annoying now if u need more info on something ask away nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I ve had this problem for the last - months or so I m running Windows XP with a LInksys WRT- G router Whenever I am downloading a file there is like an chance my internet connection will drop within minutes The only way I can avoid this is downloading a file that takes less than minutes to download or occasionally I ll get lucky and it won t disconnect Sometimes I won t even be downloading anything just streaming a youtube video or something and then it mystery drops - very Internet frequently drops frustrating The only resolution I can use is to reboot and then the internet is back up I spoke with my internet company about it and they had said my internet connection hadn t dropped in days according to them so it was probably something on my end I tried unplugging the router and then downloading some large files to see if the connection would drop Sure enough it did So I m pretty sure the Internet frequently drops router isn t the problem the cable company according to their employee is not responsible either Internet frequently drops so any ideas what could Internet frequently drops be happening nbsp

A:Internet frequently drops

Well, the first thing I'd try is a different computer downloading straight from the modem. If it still drops, it's the modem, interior wiring, or the ISP.

You need to narrow this down and make sure it's not your computer before beating on the ISP some more.
Let's run a test from your computer.
Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.
DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-frequently-drops.825889/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi.
I'm having issues with my computer where it crashes multiple times for no apparent reason that I can find.
First i thought it was the problem of my Graphics card. So i removed it but still of no use.Then i replaced the RAM.Again the problem persists.
Then again i removed my Graphics card and used my PC for about 2 days.This time some peculiar problems occurred. My PC used to restart on playing some specific mkv video files. Sometimes my PC used to restart while surfing internet.

My PC Specs Are:-
OS - Windows XP Professional SP3
Motherboard - Intel DG965RY
Processor - Inter Core 2 Duo E4500(2.2Ghz)
RAM - 2x1Gb 667 Mhz
HDD - WD 1TB & Seagate 160Gb
GPU - Nvidia Geforce 8600GT

I have attached the minidump files and other necessary files for reference.
Click Here For Attachments

I'd be thankful if you solve my problem.

A:PC Restarts Frequently Without Any reason

Follow the instructions here> http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Lets see if the BSOD dump file(s) can tell us whats going on.
Attach the files to the post not a third party site.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-restarts-frequently-without-any-reason-660219.html
Relevancy 63.21%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Eric Webster at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Outdated D BC- CC- - E- E AF FW Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security Firewall enabled E E E- A D- -A F - EC F EB Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS PixArt PAC Monitor exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Slow Computer Very Frequently and Drops Wireless Off Security pccguide exe Computer Very Slow and Wireless Drops Off Frequently C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C PROGRA Webroot POP-UP PopUpWasher exe C WINDOWS system Computer Very Slow and Wireless Drops Off Frequently ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Creative Sync Manager Unicode CTSyncU exe Computer Very Slow and Wireless Drops Off Frequently C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Forte Systems Chiro FileServer exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp officejet g series Bin hpoavn exe C Program Files REALTEK RTL Wireless LAN Driver and Utility RtWlan exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS system hpoipm exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS system crypserv exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOFXM exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcScnSrv exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files EAV Antivirus Suite Anti-Virus exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Documents and Settings Eric Webster My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www crawler com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp qkw s amp tbid uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp internetsearchservice com search q searchTerms uDefault Search URL hxxp internetsearchservice com uWindow Title Microsoft Internet Explorer mStart Page about blank mWindow Title Microsoft Internet Explorer mSearch Bar hxxp internetsearchservice com ie html mSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp internetsearchservice com search q searchTerms uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp internetsearchservice com uSearchURL Default hxxp red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su yme http www yahoo com mSearchURL hxxp internetsearchservice com uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll uWinlogon Shell c program files pcenter pc exe TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c ... Read more

A:Computer Very Slow and Wireless Drops Off Frequently

Hello,We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up.My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if youwould let me no so I can close this topic, if you still need help please let me no what issues you are still having, in your next reply.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255109/computer-very-slow-and-wireless-drops-off-frequently/
Relevancy 63.21%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc D R JC W K CN Antivirus Symantec Endpoint Protection Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I have Dell laptops at home connected to wireless router One laptop has NO problems whatsoever with wireless connections The other--Dell Latitude e --drops the wireless signal way too many times I have to repair the connection--sometimes that helps other times it doesn t sometimes I have to reboot but still may not get the connection Some supplemental information--Several months ago I changed internet service from Dish Network Wild Blue to Frontier which bundled Internet Phone and TV services together With Dish I had a Linksys router Now I have the router that Frontier came and installed Ever since this Dell laptop drops wireless constantly My other laptop has Laptop wireless Dell drops frequently no problems I also take this laptop to work and use it wirelessly with NO problems I ve taken it on trips and used wireless with NO problems Can Dell Laptop drops wireless frequently anyone help nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

This is a small office network no more than computers on at once Just a simple office network with a switch to connect everyone and one computer with a large hard drive for drops packets D-Link frequently EBR-2310 license management storage and data backup The internet has always worked well until the equipment was upgraded a few weeks back It is now hard wired from an antenna on the roof down into the D Link router and then the router is plugged into the switch Everyone can access the internet fine and the speeds are as advertised That is until there is too much traffic then we get line after line of quot Dropped packet from xx xx xx xx D-Link EBR-2310 drops packets frequently to xx xx xx xx IP protocol as unable to create new session quot It ll also say IP protocol instead of Originally the Internet provider tech support decided it is because we needed a public IP address so we tried that Problem is still there It mainly happens on sites with lots of ads or when I have a few tabs open that are loading at the same time Any direction would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi everyone in our family has been suffering from a problem with our internet recently It hasn t always VERY Internet crashes for no reason? frequently been like this but I d say for the past half a year our internet goes down about every minutes for no Internet crashes VERY frequently for no reason? reason I ll be doing something like music production which requires no bandwith at all whatsoever and lose connection and all I do is sit there for a minute and it comes back on automatically What could this possibly be It happens even when I m the only one using the internet Its extremely frustrating and it makes it hard for me to do anything I have a Netgear CG WG router-modem hybrid and I m directly connected with an Ethernet cord I m using a dynamic IP and my ISP is RR The only strange thing i ve noticed is what comes up from a quick ipconfig all LAN NETWORKS It says they re all disconnected so they shouldn t be posing any type of threat but it makes no sense to me as to how those got there Other than that here are the only networks im connected to Can someone PLEASE help me RR has given no help to me and I don t know what else I can do nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

PLEASE HELP ME Last year i bought a brand new pc with pretty good stats only the psu had W and the GPU was kinda bad so i bought those two parts a new PSU of W and a new GPU the ATI radeon witch is a pretty good card now since a month or two i started having trouble unknown day) down pc a shuts My (once for twice or frequently reason!!! my pc started shutting down for about seconds and then just rebooted pretty annoying Now i am no fool as you may think the problem is OVERHEATED PC but i checked my tempatures I even logged it and they never even go above C and before i had this problem my gpu sometimes went up to C so it isn't the heat I study ICT and i know a thing or two about pc's but i have no clue what is wrong with my pc i asked some class mates and they don't know either Is there any body that can help My pc frequently (once or twice a day) shuts down for unknown reason!!! any ideas are welcome btw the shut downs aren't like when you press the button quot shut down quot at the start menu of windows but it's like you would pull out the plug and it makes a nasty sound as well PS i completely cleaned my pc a week ago and there isn't anything melted or broken inside the case My pc frequently (once or twice a day) shuts down for unknown reason!!!

A:My pc frequently (once or twice a day) shuts down for unknown reason!!!

whats the make and model of the power supply?

The psu is the most important component you should never buy a cheap one.

when it comes to hardware cheap = crap

please post your voltages from the BIOS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/my-pc-frequently-once-or-twice-a-day-shuts-down-for-unknown-reason-618244.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have an A530 that I recently updated to windows 10 from 8.1.  At first it was working fine but then it started to lose wifi signal frequently.  Every time i reboot, it works for a few mins but then loses signal again.  I ended up connecting the computer with an ethernet cable and downloaded the latest realtek ethernet lan driver (vers. 10.001.0505.2015)but i'm still having the same issues.  I didn't see any current driver updates that would effect the WiFi but i gave this driver update a shot anyway.  I know the router is ok because other devices i have on the network do not have any issues.  Any help would be appreciated.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/Ideacentre-A530-Wireless-signal-drops-frequently/td-p/3309411
Relevancy 62.35%

I am running Win 8.0 with the StartIsBack overlay and a wireless Motorola SBG6580 Wireless Cable Modem Gateway. I am 12 feet from the gateway and usually have 4 bars in signal strength but as I use the internet I drop to 3 bars and my web pages don't update. Within 1 minute after that I get No Internet Access on my wireless. I disconnect and reconnect and everything is good again for about 3 to 5 minutes then it happens again. If I reboot the gateway all seems good for a longer time. My wife runs Win 7.0 and does not have any problems. I am running a secure WEP wireless. My next door neighbor has an unsecured Motorola SB6800 gateway that I can connect to and am not dropped ever. If I connect an Ethernet cable to the gateway it works great. I am betting this must be a config problem in my laptop (Dell inspiron X14) - anybody have any solution to this?

A:Win 8 /Motorola gateway drops internet access frequently

The SB6580 is notorious for wifi drops. You are better off getting a SB6141, a wired router like the TP-Link TL-R600VPN, and an Access Point. I use the Engenius ECB-350 with no issues.

When your provider loads their firmware on the SB6580. There is something in there that causes wifi to become very poor in stability.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/44460-win-8-motorola-gateway-drops-internet-access-frequently.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi there!
My computer hangs extremely frequently. it does not merely freeze, but the sound stutters slightly. While it isn't the end of the world, I find it disconnects me from games and Skype. I've checked performance when it happens, and it doesn't rise on task manager, and I've made sure my ram and graphics cards are connected properly, and its a bit dusty but doesn't overheat according to my built in temperature measurer. I've had this computer for around a year, here are the specs:
AMD Radeon 7970
12GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
TX850 power supply
i7 quad core threaded 2600k
Windows home premium 64bit

Thanks in advance for help and I'll be happy to provide more information if nessacery

A:Computer hangs briefly and frequently for no reason.

Hello and welcome Kulle mate what are the temps in the system generally?

You can find them by looking in the BIOS or just running this
http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/279623-computer-hangs-briefly-frequently-no-reason.html
Relevancy 61.92%

This problem popped up about a month ago and my computer s performance has been decreasing steadily since In the past week I have been experiencing numerous unexpected hangups while using Windows Explorer and even received the quot blue screen of death quot once which is a first on my current machine I am running -bit Windows Vista Home Premium on an Acer Timeline laptop with GB of RAM and GHz Intel Pentium without down frequently CPU busy performance reason, system CPU I have scanned with SUPERAntiSpyware Avira Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Spybot Search amp Destroy I also defragment the drive on a regular schedule The requested scans are attached although GMER would not allow me to CPU frequently busy without reason, system performance down tick the CPU frequently busy without reason, system performance down quot system quot quot sections quot quot CPU frequently busy without reason, system performance down devices quot quot modules quot quot processes quot threads quot or quot libraries quot check boxes Also GMER would not allow me to save the report as a text file The GMER report is attached as ark log Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:CPU frequently busy without reason, system performance down

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Please take note:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logThanks and again sorry for the delay.Casey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/383051/cpu-frequently-busy-without-reason-system-performance-down/
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm on a new Vista laptop I'm an idiot when it comes to computer hardware but I can see know AMD Turion x mobile technology ATI Radeon Xpress GB DDR I've played a game called Second Life for of a year I switched to a Vista laptop had no choice - they were all vista and noticed sudden drops in FPS yes while I had double the ram than my previously laptop and got a generally higher FPS it would drop for no reason For example I'm staring at a blank wall for seconds FPS is at thats GOOD for Second Life Then for no reason it goes to and then will stay around for maybe seconds and in FPS reason Sudden no for games drops then reverse go back up and be fine for maybe seconds and it'll repeat I didn't blame it on the computer Sudden FPS drops in games for no reason at first so reformatted It was fine for like a day but started happening again around the Sudden FPS drops in games for no reason time I installed Maya I uninstalled Maya and it kept happening so again today Sudden FPS drops in games for no reason I reformatted I also noticed my CPU shooting upwards to when this happened However it only happened when I played Second Life because I never played many games at the time I also bought another game Half Life EP today The SECOND it finished reformatting I installed it and guess what Same thing The laptop with no viruses or spyware affecting it decides to shoot down to a low FPS for no reason before recovering itself - and it loops It's not overheating because it's always on a cooling pad with fans I have no idea what's causing this Thanks D

A:Sudden FPS drops in games for no reason

Hi torrobinson

I would be point the finger at your network card/connection. Second Life is extremely network intesive if i remember, plus it would be just past beta on Vista i think? Also, your graphics are not that powerful, so don't expect much. Make sure you have the latest drivers etc and plug the notebook into mains power and see if that helps.

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sudden-fps-drops-in-games-for-no-reason-194644.html
Relevancy 61.92%

While working in windows x rc every so often the little networking icon gets a little yellow sign over it I thought at first my internet connection had been lost but i out for Network drops no Adaptor reason couldnt' connect to the router SO i tried my laptop Network Adaptor drops out for no reason and it connected fine to the router And the internet was working Now about once an hour this happens It is only fixable by disabling then reenabling the ethernet adaptor itself The adaptor simply stops transmitting and receiving randomly for no reason I have an nvidia EVGA i SLI nvidia board it has on board ethernet ports I have tried uninstalling them with deleting the driver and then reinstalling them no such luck Worked perfectly in Network Adaptor drops out for no reason build but in the release candidate i'm getting this recurring problem The problem to reitterate is not with the router or with my internet connect I'm saying that to stem the expected tide of quot trun off your router leave it for seconds turn it back on again quot type responses If anyone can help me i would really appreciate that BTW lt i have the latest drivers for my motherboard and so on I have tried both WITH and WITHOUT the nvidia network manager network manager was incompatible with Vuze and didn't solve the disconnects problem anyway Give me instructions if you need more information and i'll get it for you thank you so much Oh and lastly this is wired networking in case you thought it might be a wireless problem I've even tried using new ethernet cables TO NO AVAIL

A:Network Adaptor drops out for no reason

Fill out system specs with all the details. Will help instead of asking a hundred question?
there also is a thread on how to find yours spec if you do not know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/12689-network-adaptor-drops-out-no-reason.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I don t know where to begin When I log on and my start programs run I receive a couple different messages about something not being in the library I would check right now before writing this but I m afraid my wireless connection would take too long to fix again I ve been having problems works, longer network IE drops wireless cpu no freezes, crashes, frequently for the past week Very irritating Lots of time spent trying to unfold this disaster I do have a hijack this log if someone would look at it Maybe two or three months ago I updated Internet Explorer to IE and now it doesn t work at all I m stuck forced to use Mozilla cpu freezes, crashes, IE no longer works, wireless network drops frequently The wireless router IS in my house and it IS encrypted YES I DO have the password key For the past couple weeks if I am in a program like MOBSTERS by MYSPACE my computer will freeze It happens every time SHORTLY after going into the MISSIONS tab I have to do a hard restart or it ll stay frozen for the entire day On my wireless connection IF When I click quot repair quot It will work for maybe - seconds MAYBE and then it will restart my computer I can t afford to pay for help but I do have a few rare coins I would happily exchange for some help here I am new to this and don t understand how I will be contacted or how I will know if someone is trying to reach me Call me if you wish Or email PH removed or email me at Same gmail comMoved from HJT to AII no logs Although I have read the rules and have read several posts I m sorry if I did something wrong in this post If you can direct me I d appreciate that too I just really need help EDIT Numers address removed to protect privacy Sent PM with infp on being contacted boopme

A:cpu freezes, crashes, IE no longer works, wireless network drops frequently

Hello, I realize you are new here. I moved your post from HJT forum to here Am I InfectedCan you run this and post the log please.run MBAM (MalwareBytes):NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271009/cpu-freezes-crashes-ie-no-longer-works-wireless-network-drops-frequently/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have just yesterday downloaded Windows 8.1 to my machine. Since then my computer loses its network connection often, and I have to reconnect via "Connect to a Network." This is quite annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

A:Windows 8.1 Drops Network Connection--Often

Hi,

try updating the network adapter. is this a wireless or are you using a cable?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57297-windows-8-1-drops-network-connection-often.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, I am using Windows 8.1 and have run into internet connection issues for the last few months.  This happens initially when I start my computer, but also my computer randomly disconnects (it might stay connected for hours, other times it disconnects in twenty minutes).  Only my wired desktop disconnects - my wireless devises have not experienced the issue.  To regain internet access, I need to unplug my modem/router, wait a few seconds and plug it back in.

I have tried different ethernet cables and ports in the Comcast modem/router.  I have also tried other things to troubleshoot the issue:

- Used the Windows "Troubleshoot Problems" option
- Ran NCPA.CPL - disabled then enabled the network connection
- Tried IPCONFIG / RELEASE - then RENEW 
- Ran the Microsoft NetShell utility

Thank you in advance,

Jared

A:Internet Connection Drops Windows 8.1

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/575269 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575269/internet-connection-drops-windows-81/
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently bought a new HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC and have been experiencing problems when connecting to my personal wireless network. It seems that whenever I'm downloading anything or using the connection extensively I'll lose internet connection and the wireless icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen will show an orange star to indicate that connections are available. However if I go to available networks I can immediately reconnect to the network I was on.

I have other notebooks that run on XP that do not have this issue and use the connection without a problem. Also when I connect my notebook directly to my belkin router via Ethernet cable the connection has issues.

I'm running my computer on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and my Wireless adapter is an Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n Wifi adapter which appears to have up to date drivers.

Hopefully someone can help. Thanks!

A:Wireless connection drops out with Windows 7

I'm using an Acer Aspire one netbook, with a wireless connection. I get the same issue, having to manually reconnect the connection. I typically have 4 out of 5 bars, and have tried to refresh while watching my connection monitors. No matter what, it seems I have to close down IE and restart it. I have yet to get the same issue with my other web browsers, but I do not use them too often. I'm assuming it's related to microsofts wireless connection systems, either in the browser or the O.S. I will try to scour throught the forum for more related threads and post you the links. Somehow I will get this thing figured out. Does this happen to you while your in your browser only? If so, what browser are you using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-connection-drops-out-with-windows-7-a-557789.html
Relevancy 59.77%

hi Optiarc AD7200S - no drive for drops Vista & DVDRW reason off please help my PC is Optiarc DVDRW AD7200S & Vista - drive drops off for no reason now months old after months i was getting freeze ups could do nothing but reset hard reboot manufacturer helped me flash BIOS and check HDD i also opened the case and ensured all cables were secure i checked device manager and this Optiarc DVDRW AD7200S & Vista - drive drops off for no reason is the message that was coming up The device Optiarc DVD Optiarc DVDRW AD7200S & Vista - drive drops off for no reason RW AD- S ATA Device IDE CdRomOptiarc DVD RW AD- S B amp afaca amp amp disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal along with cdrom code errors and atapi code errors after securing cables all went ok for another few months just before warranty was due to end i bit the bullet and sent machine back as the lock ups had become so chronic and reboot was impossible unless i left the machine for an hour or so all freeze ups would occur within minutes of booting if i got past that time i could leave the machine running for hours but with no DVD drive company eventually could replicate fault huh why couldnt they see error codes but didnt know the problem eventually i am told they swapped out MB cables DVDRW all to no avail and finally said it was a faulty HDD which they replaced tested machine and sent back all seems to have been well since end april until yesterday when i saw the symptom return - HDD stays on constant error are in device manager same as before see above i flashed the DVD firmware yesterday morning and all seemed well for a few hours and now again this morning on boot up the HDD is continually on and the error log is showing the same message as above its not started freezing yet but no doubt it will escalate any ideas its doing my head in Vista bit service pack biostar MB optiarc dvdrw gbs ram thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

hi please help my PC drive Vista off DVDRW for - & no Optiarc drops reason AD7200S is now months old after months i was getting freeze ups could do nothing but reset hard reboot manufacturer helped me flash BIOS and check HDD i also opened the case and ensured all cables were secure i checked Optiarc DVDRW AD7200S & Vista - drive drops off for no reason device manager and this is the message that was coming up The device 'Optiarc DVD RW AD- S ATA Device' IDE CdRomOptiarc DVD RW AD- S B amp afaca amp amp disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal along with cdrom code errors and atapi code errors after securing cables all went ok for another few months just before warranty was due to end i bit the bullet and sent machine back as the lock ups had become so chronic and reboot was impossible unless i left the machine for an hour or so all freeze ups would occur within minutes of booting if i got past that time i could leave the machine running for hours but with no DVD drive company eventually could replicate fault huh why couldnt they see error codes but didnt know the problem eventually i am told they swapped out MB cables DVDRW all to no avail and finally said it was a faulty HDD which they replaced tested machine and sent back all seems to have been well since end april until yesterday when i saw the symptom return - HDD stays on constant error are in device manager same as before see above i flashed the DVD firmware yesterday morning and all seemed well for a few hours and now again this morning on boot up the HDD is continually on and the error log is showing the same message as above its not started freezing yet but no doubt it will escalate any ideas its doing my head in Vista bit service pack biostar MB optiarc dvdrw gbs ram thanks

A:Optiarc DVDRW AD7200S & Vista - drive drops off for no reason

Please follow the steps here to extract the information we need: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 Forums

Then post the results here (rather than in the other forum).

I realize that you're not having BSOD's - but this tool collects other info that we can use to help diagnose your issues.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/281134-optiarc-dvdrw-ad7200s-vista-drive-drops-off-no-reason.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am having an issue with windows 7 when it come out of sleep/hibernation mode. whenever it wakes up it wont connect to the internet through wireless or wired network it was connected too. it says that i am connected to the network but with limited connectivity. the only way i have been able to reconnect is by either restarting or running the command line and releasing and then renewing my ip connection several times. I have had this same problem on every network i have been on so i dont think it is the hardware on that end. i have tried updating my nic card through device manager but it says everything is up to date. so do yall have any suggestions?

A:Windows 7 drops internet connection after hybernation

If anybody is interested - disabling sleep mode does keep the connection active.† At least it works when you want to use it.....

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a1371037-c04c-48d9-85ad-a74622829d0e/windows-7-drops-internet-connection-after-hybernation?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.34%

Sympton:
When I'm disconnected, I lose all connectivity both to the internet and on the local lan, so pinging (for example) Google will time out, but also pinging 192.168.1.1 (the router's lan ip address) will also time out

Fix :
Start -> dev manager -> network adapter. Double click, open her up and then under "advanced", take a look at "Link Speed & Duplex".

If this is set to auto-negotiation, try re-setting it to 10 or 100mbps Full Duplex, re-start your computer.

It's the network driver that costs me hours of hunting & searching.
MOTHERBOARD : ASUS IPIBL-LB
Integrated LAN : Realtek 8111C 10/100/1000 Mb/s (Gigabit Ethernet)

A:Windows 7 intermittently drops wired connection

Some things to check: scan for viruses/trojans/malware, check for BIOS update, check for driver updates, check for Windows updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160869-windows-7-intermittently-drops-wired-connection.html
Relevancy 59.34%

hi i have a acer travelmate 2700 i originally had xp on it and my biult in wifi worked fine but i now have win 7 installed and now cannot get my wifi working is there a patch i  could use to get it working - at the moment i am using a pci wifi card to go on line any ideas anyone????

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

A:Wireless connection randomly drops after Windows 7...

The only advice I can give you is to try other drivers for your model and see if one works. You can also search using this method:http://driverzone.com/node/182even if the driver you find is for different brands, it's worth trying.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Wireless-connection-randomly-drops-after-Windows-7-upgrade/td-p/387913/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 59.34%

In a nutshell my Windows Ultimate Windows intermittently 7 connection wired drops bit PC intermittently drops it's internet connection Why Background My PC is wired to my ADSL modem router which is directly connected to the phone line I also have wireless connectivity turned on within the router for a laptop to connect wirelessly Every few hours or so when using my PC I find I cannot access the internet and pages will not load Eventually Windows will update the network icon in the task-tray to show the exclamation mark symbol on the network icon Opening up the Network And Sharing Centre will show the red cross between the quot Multiple Networks quot and quot The Internet quot I'm running Sun's VirtualBox on this machine and Windows 7 intermittently drops wired connection that creates a Network connection for itself This doesn't seem to affect the intermittent dropping i e the intermittent drops occur whether the VirtualBox connection is in use or not and indeed I have VirtualBox installed on two other machines one Windows XP and the other Vista Home Premium bit and these operate with no issues When the connection does drop I cannot access any internet pages nor can I access the router's web admin page at http so I'm assuming I've lost all local LAN access too It's definitely not the router or the internet connection itself as my laptop using the wireless connection and running Vista Home Premium continues to be able to access the internet and the router's web admin pages just fine Every time this happens I can immediately restore all internet and Windows 7 intermittently drops wired connection LAN access by opening Network Adapter page disabling the quot Local Area Connection quot and then re-enabling it Give it a few seconds and everything is fine again I assume this is because beneath the GUI it's effectively doing an quot ipconfig release quot then quot ipconfig renew quot The IP assignment for the Windows machine is the same both before and after the quot drop quot I have a DHCP server on the router issuing IP Addresses however my Windows machine uses a static address I've also tried it with a dynamic IP Address served up from the ADSL router and there's no difference There are also no specific clues within the various System Event Logs other than an event that relates to the connection dropping which is a quot DNS Client Event quot and this is generated after the connection has dropped and is an event detailing that DNS information can't be found for whatever website I may be trying to access just after the connection has dropped The network adapter chipset is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and I have confirmed that this is the correct chipset for the motherboard Asus M A TD PRO and in fact Windows Update installed an updated driver for this on Jan The details of the update say that it's a Realtek software update from December Incidentally I was still having the same intermittent problems prior to this update It seems to have made no difference at all Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it I've searched for answers to this and seen quite a few other people even on MSDN Technet forums experiencing the same or almost the same problem but with no clear resolution Suggestions of turning off IPv on the LAN adapter and ensuring there's no power management quot sleeping quot the network adapter have been tried but do not cure the problem There does not seem to be any particular sequence of events that cause it to happen either I've had it go twice in minutes when just randomly browsing the web with no other traffic and I've also had it go once then not go again for - hours with the same sort of usage Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to make it stop

A:Windows 7 intermittently drops wired connection

I didnt read it word by word, but when you have connection, was it full connection or limited connection?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/59141-windows-7-intermittently-drops-wired-connection.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,
We have Microsoft Navision software. A user using this app looses connection when the app is idle. However, at this time the LAN connection is fine as he can access the internet and recieves e-mails. this happens 9 times in a week, where all his navision settings are also lost
The OS is windows 7 32 bit.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/application-drops-network-connection-in-windows-7.904013/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a K450e with a 1x1 11bgn wireless adapter (Broadcom?) that drops and takes up t one hour to reconnect.The started after Microsoft pushed out the Windows upgrade mid august.I can'r find any new drivers. Anyone have a solusion? I posted a request ti the Swedish sopport aug 17 but haven't heard from them.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/WiFi-connection-drops-on-K450e-with-Windows-10-after-Windows/td-p/3399894
Relevancy 59.34%

hi i have a acer travelmate 2700 i originally had xp on it and my biult in wifi worked fine but i now have win 7 installed and now cannot get my wifi working is there a patch i  could use to get it working - at the moment i am using a pci wifi card to go on line any ideas anyone????

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

A:Wireless connection randomly drops after Windows 7...

The only advice I can give you is to try other drivers for your model and see if one works. You can also search using this method:http://driverzone.com/node/182even if the driver you find is for different brands, it's worth trying.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Wireless-connection-randomly-drops-after-Windows-7-upgrade/td-p/387913
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello My first post in this forum and already a tough one I'm having problems with my Atheros AR Network wireless adapter Ok let's begin So I had W Home premium and decided to upgrade to the whole 8 -Connection drops Atheros 9271 a minute. and Windows after upgrade went like Atheros 9271 and Windows 8 -Connection drops after a minute. a charm I kept all my files and programs and I had the new OS in less than minutes I had no wifi though but after a wired connection to my modem Atheros 9271 and Windows 8 -Connection drops after a minute. windows managed to find the proper driver as quot Atheros AR quot This was not my network adapter brand which is Multilaser a brazilian brand I believe inside the usb adapter is actually a atheros hardware but it was working so I didn't bother After a couple days my SSD drive died Damn you OCZ and I had to use a different HDD I had to make a clean install this time Again no wifi but Atheros 9271 and Windows 8 -Connection drops after a minute. windows managed to find the same Atheros AR using a wired connection But now is the trick part I have a wifi connection for just under a minute and then the connection drops The weirdest thing is first my wifi network disappears but i can see my neighbours networks and after a few minutes all networks are gone All the hardware is the same the only thing is between the upgrade and the clean install I updated the bios To sum up UPGRADE to Installed in a Gb OCZ SSD Kept files and software No Wifi windows found AR - Steady connection Clean W install Installed in a Gb Samsung HDD No wifi windows found AR - Connection drops after a minute still able to see my neighbours network after a few minutes no connections available whatsoever I'm using a Desktop computer and the following hardware Intel i processor MB Intel DP WB GB Samsung HD GeForce GTS Gb monitors I tried to install a number of different drivers from Atheros with no sucess I prevented from windows to turn off the device didn't change a thing I can use the internet while on cable and I can also use my internet connection on other computers and tablets but my desktop is far from my modem cannot use a wired connection I hope I dont have to reinstall windows manually install my wifi adapter and upgrade to windows so any one see anything that i'm missing Thanks in advance Fernando PS - English is not my first language so sorry for any grammar mistakes and also my windows copy will be in portuguese so if anyone asks for a print screen have a dictionary with you haha

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/11205-atheros-9271-windows-8-connection-drops-after-minute.html
Relevancy 58.91%

When I first boot up my (vista) laptop, wireless connectivity works fine but will then drop after a random amount of time. (becomes Limited connectivity)

Try to reconnect but then windows will not find my wireless network even though router (ZyXEL P660 HW T1) says WLAN is working fine.

Have tried with security disabled but no difference.

Any help much appreciated.

Relevancy 58.91%

Speed tests (speedtest.net, speakeasy.net) are so low (grade F: .57 d/l, .32 u/l or 8% of national average). I cannot get video on internet (cnn.com/live requires 700 mbps that I used to be able to get) or videos are buffering so bad I canít watch them, plus the middle light turns red, loses connection at least 5 times a day. The website says to wait for live streaming, but just stops, with no message. Am unable do my work without interruption. I have checked for driver updates; they are fine. I have run anti-virus an malware programs. AT&T tech said I need to pay for better connections (have DSL express tier). I am already paying too much. I have wireless and the router is @2 feet from my laptop. I have Kindle on wireless as well. Who can help me? Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 58.91%

i have a laptop with wireless connection to my home lan.
all computers including laptop are running windows xp.
the problem is that laptop periodically looses connection and then establishes it again. I know why this happening. Apparently windows trying from time to time to search for wireless networks with better connection and while it doing that it drops previous connection and reconnects again.

I guess it is usefull when there are many wap's around but not when there is only one and there is no point in trying to find others.

I hoped that may be someone can tell me how can i change/tweak this default windows behaviour.
(i looked through various networking dialog boxes but didn't find anything related.)

thanks

Relevancy 58.91%

In a nutshell my Windows Ultimate bit PC intermittently drops it's internet connection Why Background My PC is Windows connection. internet/lan drops 7 wired intermittently wired to my ADSL modem router which is directly connected to the phone line I also have wireless connectivity turned on within the router for a laptop to connect wirelessly Every few hours or so when using my PC I find I cannot access the internet and pages will not load Eventually Windows will update the network icon in the task-tray to show the exclamation mark symbol on the network icon Opening up the Network And Sharing Centre will show the red cross between the quot Multiple Networks quot and quot The Internet quot I'm running Sun's VirtualBox on this machine and that creates a Network connection for itself This doesn't seem to affect the intermittent dropping i e the intermittent drops occur whether the VirtualBox connection is in use or not and indeed I have VirtualBox installed on two other machines one Windows XP and the other Vista Home Premium bit and these operate with no issues When the connection does drop I cannot access any internet pages nor can I access the router's web admin page at http so I'm assuming I've lost all local LAN access too It's definitely not the router Windows 7 intermittently drops wired internet/lan connection. or the internet connection itself as my laptop using the wireless connection and running Vista Home Premium continues to be able to access the internet and the router's web admin pages just fine Every time this happens I can immediately restore all internet and LAN access by opening Network Adapter page disabling the quot Local Area Connection quot and then re-enabling it Give it a few seconds and everything is fine again I assume this is because beneath the GUI it's effectively doing an quot ipconfig release quot then quot ipconfig renew quot The IP assignment for the Windows machine is the same both before and after the quot drop quot I have a DHCP server on the router issuing IP Addresses however my Windows machine uses a static address nbsp I've also tried it with a dynamic IP Address served up from the ADSL router and there's no difference There are also no specific clues within the various System Event Logs other than an event that relates to the connection dropping which is a quot DNS Client Event quot and this is generated after the connection has dropped and is an event detailing that DNS information can't be found for whatever website I may be trying to access just after the connection has dropped The network adapter chipset is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and I have confirmed that this is the correct chipset for the motherboard Asus M A TD PRO and in fact Windows Update installed an updated driver for this on Jan The details of the update say that it's a Realtek software update from December Incidentally I was still having the same intermittent problems prior to this update It seems to have made no difference at all Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it nbsp I've searched for answers to this and seen quite a few other people even on MSDN Technet forums experiencing the same or almost the same problem but with no clear resolution Suggestions of turning off IPv on the LAN adapter and ensuring there's no power management quot sleeping quot the network adapter have been tried but do not cure the problem There does not seem to be any particular sequence of events that cause it to happen either I've had it go twice in minutes when just randomly browsing the web with no other traffic and I've also had it go once then not go again for - hours with the same sort of usage Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to make it stop

A:Windows 7 intermittently drops wired internet/lan connection.

Hi,

If the issue persists, please also try the following:

1.    Update your motherboard (chipset) driver.

2.    Bypass the router and connect directly to the modem and see how it works.

3.    Disable Saving Power function of the wireless NIC:
=============================
1)    Click Start, right click on Computer and choose Properties.
2)    Click Device Manager.
3)    Navigate to the NIC, right click on it and choose Properties.
4)    Go to Power Management tab.
5)    Please uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
6)    Restart the computer and check if it works.

Hope this helps. Thanks. Nicholas Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1bb6a36a-9396-49df-ab29-60b19267dc08/windows-7-intermittently-drops-wired-internetlan-connection?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a dell inspiron laptop. Core i3. It works fantastically. However, it will randomly disconnect from the internet and then reconnect (usually) soon after. Sometimes I need to restart the computer, or the modem/router but that's only a temporary fix. It prevents me from playing any multiplayer games or talking with people. Sometimes I can't even get Netflix to run because of it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

And by the way, my Macbook works fine.

A:Windows 7 laptop drops connection when my router and modem are working

You should look for wireless drivers from the manufacturer.

Also look for a firmware update. A lot of times a firmware update on the router will fix a disconnection issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274802-windows-7-laptop-drops-connection-when-my-router-modem-working.html
Relevancy 57.62%
A:Wifi connection failed due to unknown reason on PC Windows V

rather than a pole, you need to give a lot more details

Make and model of the router
can other devices connect
how are you connected - wireless or cable
what device do you have - a PC, tablet, phone
What operating system OSX , Windows , IOS

So think about what someone who knows absolutely nothing about your setup would need to know , in order to help you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-failed-due-to-unknown-reason-on-pc-windows-v.1155336/
Relevancy 55.9%

My freezes XP crashes. frequently. Explorer.exe frequently Windows System Windows XP Pro SP ECS motherboard Intel Core Duo CPU GB RAM Nvidia video card Description of Problem For the past few months explorer exe has been crashing frequently It just crashes while I am browsing directories and or Explorer.exe frequently crashes. Windows XP freezes frequently. click on files I ll get the usual series of Windows dialog boxes to report the error and then explorer exe will automatically restart It doesn t happen everytime but once the problem does kick in it seems to happen repeatedly I ve also been experiencing the system freezing up on me I need to manually reboot my system in this case The point of this post is to eliminate malware as the cause of my explorer exe and or system freezing problems Attached is my hijackthis log Please let me know if anything suspicious is found Thanks Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run itype quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe quot O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run TraySantaCruz C WINDOWS system tbctray exe O - HKCU RunOnce NeroHomeFirstStart quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMFirstStart exe quot O - Global Startup APC UPS Status lnk O - Global Startup HOTSYNCSHORTCUTNAME lnk C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOW... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-frequently-crashes-windows-xp-freezes-frequently.743462/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows XP with a wireless connection to a broadband router.

Several weeks ago my laptop started dropping the internet connection randomly (I'm alos unabel to access email when this happens).

My wireless network icon in my toolbar shows the connection as 'Excellent' but for some reason both Internet and Email is not available. The only way to fix the problem has been to restart my laptop which is very frustrating.

I've noticed that this also happens randomly when I'm at home (using different wireless broadband modem) so I think the issue is my laptop not the 2 x routers/modems.

I'm running NOD32 for security as well (but have been for 4 years now with no problems till now).

Please help.

Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Guys The mouse connection on my computer running Windows XP Pro either moves erratically going through the PS connection or drops connection very often off w/USB Mouse frequently erratic & "drops" is w/PS2 when going through USB any one I have been using a USB connection since I had this computer built for me years ago or so employee of business neighbor put things together for me--unfortunately for me he s not there any more though his employer is Just in the last month or so my mouse connected then by USB starting dropping the connection Mouse is erratic w/PS2 & "drops" off frequently w/USB I would take the connecting cord out of the USB port and then put it back in Lately yesterday it would disconnect and reconnect every couple of seconds What I have tried-- Got a new mouse That worked for a little bit half hour then started having same problems connected things then w USB Then my business neighbor suggested I try using my PS connection I did That worked for a while And then instead of quot dropping quot the connection it became and remains often erratic and occasionally unresponsive I even tried a third mouse these are all optical I am using my original mouse now which my son cleaned out all that chocolate and what not I eat got some residue in there But it doesn t seem now since he cleaned it to be any different from the two other optical mouses I ve tried I bought and installed a PCI board with USB Host connections That worked for a while again maybe half an hour or Mouse is erratic w/PS2 & "drops" off frequently w/USB so and then started doing same thing it did before Since using USB connections on the back of my computer case and they seem to work no differently than the two ports on the front of my case I use the ones on the front since they are much more easily and readily accessible to pull out and put in again when I use only the USB connection Two or three days ago another employee of my business neighbor said it could be a software problem He suggested me exiting from programs that have icons on my taskbar at the bottom of my screen I exited from HOTKEY That worked--but this time for a few hours or The HOTKEY icon appeared again and I experienced problems again I exited again and that worked for a short while Then even though the icon did not reappear the mouse connection kept dropping and ever with increased frequency My business neighbor and his one employee mused it could be Power or RAM or as I mentioned corrupted conflicting software As it is for many of you my computer is my lifeline I use it for my small business day after day I have lots of information and programs on it artwork stuff like Illustrator amp Photoshop I will mention that I often get to having - icons open on my taskbar at a given time I like cheap solutions But quot cheap quot is only so if it is effective Any help any of you might give me I would be most grateful Thanks SmallBizGuy nbsp

A:Mouse is erratic w/PS2 & "drops" off frequently w/USB

I should mention too that I have not (to my recollection) added any software or hardware (other than trying the 2 other optical mouses) of late. This problem just seemed to come out of the blue.

I use XoftSpy and Ad-Aware, and run Ad-Aware every day, and get frequent updates. I run XoftSpy maybe twice a week, and rarely get more than 4 or so cookies that Ad-Aware either misses (or puts on) my machine. So there appear to be no viruses, worms or trojans that I can detect.

Thanks again, "guys"!

SmallBizGuy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-is-erratic-w-ps2-drops-off-frequently-w-usb.539971/
Relevancy 55.04%

My Verizon wireless cellular air-card G hotspot modem router jet pack l constantly times out or only partially loads pages while browsing the internet Or I drops constantly connection Verizon connection Wireless get an error that the quot server not found quot This had happened ever since I got a new PC with Windows I have reset the modem reseated the SIM card checked for new soft ware and firmware none at this time I have updated my network adapter driver Checked for a hidden Microsoft mini adapter none there Checked Microsoft s support forums for compatibility issues Nothing has helped What else can I do Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G HR Antivirus Norton Updated and Verizon Wireless connection constantly drops connection Enabled Windows IP Configuration Host Name Peggy-XPS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW n WLAN PCIe Card Physical Address C -CB- - - -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f ee cea e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -E - - B- B-B -FD- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C CE C -F D- E C-BFA - E D A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Verizon Wireless connection constantly drops connection Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c bf e c b c be Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe bf e c b c be Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, not sure if this is the proper forum for this question, but I'm kinda clueless over the problem, and the computer in question is running Windows XP so I thought I'd post here.

My Sister's laptop "chimes" randomly and somewhat frequently for no apparent reason. She says that she can watch an entire dvd on it and it won't chime, then she'll be doing something else on it and it will chime once a minute, sometimes in quick succession, sometimes more spaced out.

I've run several spyware/virus detection programs and haven't been able to pick up anything on it. Any ideas on how to fix this annoying problem?

Thanks

A:Laptop frequently "chimes" for no reason

In XP the "chime" usually indicates a USB connection being made (upward tones) or being lost (downward tones).

Anything plugged into the USB ports?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-frequently-chimes-for-no-reason.336149/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a frustrating problem with my small network. I have frequent interruptions in connection. The icon in the task bar says: Status: Connected but I can't connect to anything. I am using ComCast cable as my provider, a Netgear RP614 router, a D-link 24 port gigabit smart switch with 6 and sometimes 8 computers connected. They all suffer frequent loss of connectivity. Usually I can reconnect by doing a "repair" even though the ARP cache doesn't clear.
Most of the time I reconnect by using the command line
cmd
ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

After several seconds I am happily connected. Unfortunately my connection may only last a few minutes.
It seems that the connection is dropped randomly among the computers with some connected some not etc.

I have no idea what is going. Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

Comcast?
Router?
Switch?
Network settings?
Anti virus/spyware conflicts?
I'm at a loss so any help is welcome.
Monton

A:Frequently dropped connection

Hi

I had a similar problem with a wireless setup and solved it by switching the channel that my wireless router used, I had to play around a while to find the best one, but it worked and I dont have the problem anymore.

You dont say if your wireless or wired but if your wired, I would start with one PC connected to the router and see if happens, if so its the router, if not I would add the switch and see again if it happens, if it does its the switch, if not I would start to add PC's into the chain until it happens.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequently-dropped-connection.74457/
Relevancy 51.6%

this wireless network I setup during the summer for an apartment worked fine before all the students came back (off-campus student houses) and now the internet connection drops in and out randomly and very very often (sometimes web pages load normally and sometimes there's a long wait and then a timeout error). at the time I set it up, it was one of maybe 2 or 3 wifi networks setup in the area, now there's almost 20! initially i thought it was the router (netgear mr814) or security (128-bit WEP) so they got a linksys wrt54g and i pushed WPA and it still has the same connection problems

Could it be that the large number of wifi networks are interferring with each other and causing the drop outs??? if so, how do i resolve this??? if not, what else could it be???

TIA

Relevancy 51.6%

I have posted this question on a different section of the forum without response probably should have looked for this section and am hoping for some advice as my patience with I E is rapidly wearing thin I have no problem with my wireless connection on my Acer laptop running XP Home although the signal can occasionally be poor and the speed variable I can live with that and may decide to go down the Ethernet wired route later however Internet Explorer is a pain to use and drops off on a regular basis I do not know why this should IE7 connection drops off be and keep the DNS cache flushed IE7 drops off connection but it is still happening I am on a dynamic IP address and a secure WAP wireless The router is a Belkin which has desktops connected via Ethernet cables which seem to have none of the problems I have experienced with I IE7 drops off connection E All the XP updates have been installed and I have also updated the drivers for my computers internal network Via Rhine fast ethernet adapter which helped for about a week before reverting to the previous unreliable status I would prefer to change my browser to Firefox if IE7 drops off connection that would solve the problem but may not achieve anything better Any advice and suggestions would be much appreciated I am an inquisitive and self taught silver surfing grandmother my son says quot its your computer quot I don't really think it is please tell me he is wrong and what exactly is wrong and how to fix it Many thanks

A:IE7 drops off connection

Hi silver threads,Windows Internet Explorer 7 can be uninstalled via add/remove programs. Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it? You can find the download at:http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?m...ternet+Explorer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178647/ie7-drops-off-connection/
Relevancy 51.6%

hello mr johnwill iam havin a problom with my connections too heres what its doin i hope it will Connection drops give you an idea whats happinin iam having trouble with my computer changing setting in the about every min to hURS the setting change when it dose happin pages says quot cant find serever quot or diagnose conection quot but the diagnose connection part says its for dsl or cable only when its dose i have to disconnect and then i have to go to quot control panal gt internet options gt connections tab gt setting then uncheck Connection drops the boxes then click ok then i have to go to the lan setting and uncheck them then click on connection icon on my desk top and reconnect but in that dialog box were it say quot me only OR who ever uses this computer quot its changed to quot me only quot so i got to change that back to quot who ever uses this computer quot then i can get back online for a bit anyway and this has been going on for over weeks now my ISP provider keeps telling me its in my computer and not the connection so i formated and reinstalled the o p system atleast time in the last weeks and i even changed hard drives different times and in stalled with a different windows xp o p system disk hopin that would fix the problem and it still dose the same thing even with a fresh install i have to keep disconnecting and changeing the setting be for i can get back online like i said above it mite last min or hours most of the time its more like min or so can you tell me what do do to fix it goartroper nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

hi guys my broadband internet connection keeps dropping at totally random times ive had it years with no trouble i cant find any problems myself i m thinking maybe ive picked up a virus of some sort a dialer maybe can you please have a look at this and tell me if you see anything suspicious Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Connection drops Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Connection drops C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslstat exe C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslagent exe C PROGRA BTVOYA oamSender exe C Program Files BT Broadband Help bin BTHelp exe C Program Files BT Broadband Help bin mpbtn exe C PROGRA Motive Common MOTIVE EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C PROGRA BTBROA SMARTB BTHELP EXE C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Hijackthis HijackThis exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run msqsrc c program files common files system msqsrc exe install O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run DSLSTATEXE C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslstat exe icon O - HKLM Run DSLAGENTEXE C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslagent exe O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA BTBROA SMARTB BTHelpNotifier exe O - HKLM Run Booster C PROGRA BTVOYA oamSender exe O - HKCU Run MSKAGENTEXE C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKAgent exe O - Global Startup BT Broadband Help lnk C Program Files BT Broadband Help bin matcli exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button ICQ Pro - f -cba - -b - cb cd - C PROGRA ICQ ICQ exe O - Extra Tools menuitem ICQ - f -cba - -b - cb cd - C PROGRA ICQ ICQ exe O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS System Shdocvw dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Too... Read more

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi i have a "Samsung galaxy s2" & "pure evoke flow radio" last week i switched my "netgear router" on and the "internet" light was staying on "red" so i phone netgear support up and i had to re-set my password etc up again and it worked ok but i noticed if i have my "samsung galaxy s2" + "evoke flow" streaming from internet the connection drops out on both radio and phone ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-drops.1073262/
Relevancy 51.6%

joemamma said hi there first of all thanks for taking the time to help me out i have cable internet with shaw and a recent problem Connection drops i ve Connection drops had is that i can t keep my connection my modem led lights are fine the power online send recieve lights stay solid and the pc activity blinks the two computers in my taskbar are the ones that let me know when i have to reset the connection the one on the left stays on but the one on the right is blank the first time had this problem was with my first network adapter a yukon marvell gigabit ethernet controller my local pc shop told me to that the card was probably bad so i bought a d-link t gigabit ethernet controller for the first month it worked beautifully i did not have to go to my network connection and disable enable my card but a couple weeks ago it started to do it again i phoned my isp and they said that everything was fine on their side and advised me to uninstall the card and reinstall which i did and it did not fix the problem i ran command and did a ping test with www yahoo com and with for both of these i got packets sent and recieved lost when there was a connection i did it again when it dropped it and the results were sent recieved lost it also said request time out four times as for yahoo it said ping request could not find host www yahoo com please check the name and try again also there are these extra adapter type things that i are a complete mystery to me first one is called Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo- interface the second is quot Tunnel adapter to Psuedo-interface the third is Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface these stayed the same for the dlink adapter the only thing that changed was the ip address connected fe bff fe not connected fe bff fe hope this helps thanksClick to expand i have the same problem every time i logg on to anything online aim guild wars etc it always loggs me out and inn very wierd problem i have hated it for about years now and never did anythign about it in aim it would say connection lost then u would have to logg back in and it did this every mins please i need all the help i can get i feel ur pain joemamma nbsp

A:Connection drops

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-drops.632233/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am running a Dell drops top 7 connection Lap IE Insperion with wireless connecting to a Linksys Lap top drops IE 7 connection wireless access point and then connected to a router Lap top drops IE 7 connection and then cable modem I have a connection to the network and the internet which is seen by the globe between two computer monitors in the system tray It tells me I am connected to the network and internet My problem results when I have been surfing the internet for no determined amount of time and I click for the next page or a new website and I get an error quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot I try to open other webpages from my favorites and get the same error However the system tray still has the connected computer icons as well as it tells me I am connected to the internet I run the diganosis and usually get something about resetting the connection at the wireless However if I just reboot my laptop it reconnects to the internet and I am able to surf again until it happens again I know this is lengthy but it is starting to become a PIA Any help would be appreciated Kevin nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I currently have a HP Pavilion-DV and recently I ve been getting some bad latency or complete disconnections from the network I ve had this baby for about years and it started happening a week after setting up our new Centurylink internet service The connection was fine for about a week then the drops started kicking in I ve called them about this problem and researched some stuff on my own CenturyLink says it s perfectly fine on their side and assumed it was my wi-fi channel After switching no positive results from it On my end of the research other people have told drops Connection me it s my SNR which is - Downstream dB Upstream dB They ve told my upstream margin is low and something I should worry about while CenturyLink is telling me it s completely stable Another notable thing is that when I drop from my connection other connections that I would and should be in range of drops Connection drops off my connection list as well So I m not particularly Connection drops sure if there s a recent problem with my laptop or on the service provider s side nbsp

A:Connection drops

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from HP's web site.

Please show a Xirrus screen shot for when you have a good connection and for when it has dropped ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If your only email accounts are free (Hotmail, gmail, etc.) try this direct link (however, it didn't work Dec. 29, 2013). If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-drops.1116370/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi, everyone well i been having a very bad experience with this home premium vista 64-bit sp1 the problem is, every time i go away off the computer, my screens goes into screensaver(which is ok) then after a while or suddenly my connection just seens to get cut for some reason, so i can't put any screen saver or nothing or go away off the computer without getting this problem, is there any setting how to stop my connection to drop from screensaver? thx in advance

A:connection drops?

I have never heard of the screen saver cutting off the network/internet, but it leads me to think of 2 other possible problems, 1 which I am battling fiercely right now....

The easy one is a "power saving" setting might be turning off the network adaptor when the computer goes into screen saver mode -- That is easy to fix in the power settings (may be in advanced settings for the network adaptor and/or power options).

The other one is that it is simply disconnecting for no reason at all -- the problem I am having, and many other people in other forums I have visited looking for a fix. I have had my computer for a little over a year now. Ever since I got it, I would have wifi issues from time to time, but USUALLY changing the rf channel (on the router) would fix it for a few months. Now, after anywhere from 1 minute to several hours, it will disconnect from the web, and the network access would switch from "Local And Internet" to "Local Only". In actuality, I cannot even ping my router and all access stops at that point. Also, the wifi speed would drop from 54mbps to either 10mbps or 1 mbps! Sometimes turning off the adaptor (using the switch on the side of the laptop) would fix it for a little while, or restarting the computer would fix it. The signal still shows full on the bar, the whole time. I have a static ip address to my router (a linksys wrt54gs), and the desktop (on a hardwire) still works. Also, my pda will stay connected to the router via wifi, so I dont think its a router issue. My issue mirrors the same issue MANY people are having, from what I read all over forums everywhere, but I have not seen a fix anywhere yet. I did see one link to "vista antilag" on a gamer site, and I tried it. IT seems to be holding much better since I installed it, but I did lose connection a couple of times since the installation. If anybody has seen this and knows the answer, PLEASE SHARE IT!!!!
Thank you
--AshayinFLA

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/201163-connection-drops.html
Relevancy 51.6%

First off my system specs CPU Intel i - RAM GB RAM Integrated Ethernet Realtek DL OS Windows Ultimate -bit Cable drops Net lot. a connection Modem Cisco Scientific Atlanta DPC R Router Linksys WRT G ISP Roadrunner So my net connection Net connection drops a lot. drops a lot Usually or more times a Net connection drops a lot. day and sometimes as often as every hours To get it to come back on again I have to unplug the modem amp router and plug it back in Sometimes I have to restart my computer too but not all the time When I get a dropped connection and run a Diagnose Troubleshoot problems in Windows 's Network and Sharing Center I get a message that says that there is an interruption between the modem router and PC And to unplug the modem and network devices and plug it back in essentially what I've been doing At first I thought the problem was because of the cable modem but I just got a new one today and I'm still having the same problem so now I'm thinking its the router which is almost years old now But before I go out and buy a new router I want a second opinion to confirm its the router and not some other issue I've overlooked Also When the connection drops it affects the host and client PCs the same The interesting thing is that if i play an online video game and my connection quot drops quot while im playing I'm still able to stay connected to the game server and play If I alt tab and open my browser no pages will load if i disconnect from that server and try to search for another server to join it won't work Another example There is a drop in the connection The Host Computer can't load any web pages in the browser Client Computer A can't load any web pages in the browser Client Computer B was already connected to a game server before the drop and still is connected after the drop but can't load any web pages in the browser This leads me to believe it could also be a DNS problem and if it is how do I fix it If it is the router instead is there someway I could fix it maybe tweaking some of the configurations or a firmware update

A:Net connection drops a lot.

Hi, Can i start by asking, how are all your devices setup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/52130-net-connection-drops-lot.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm running Windows XP SP2 on a laptop and have a Netgear MR814 wireless router.

After a few minutes of letting "Windows configure my wireless network settings," a bubble pops up telling me that more wireless connections have been found and my connection drops. It seems that to prevent this from happening, I have to uncheck the box under Wireless Network Connections so it will not keep searching for other connections.

Is there a way to permanently fix this problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I play games like Halo and Unreal Tourney 2004 on a laptop and there has been a prblem. Basically, I frequently get a "network connection lost" on Halo every five minutes and have to reenter the game. On Tourney, I also lag out about every five minutes where I can shoot but nothing comes out and everyone is running into walls, but I don't get disconnected from the game. What can I do about this, perhaps some internet connectivity test someone can recommend?

A:Internet Connection gets lost frequently.

Are you using wire or wireless connection, if you use a wireless connection sometimes you lose the connection, it happened to me a year ago, i was playing ut for 10 min and lost the connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-gets-lost-frequently.607900/
Relevancy 51.17%

Dear All My ISP is BT Internet and I am using BT Voyager Router wired and especially during Skype conversations my connection gets dropped meaning I get cut off which I find this quite humiliating As I have now been using Mozilla Firefox for the past month after I gave IE the push and each and every connection to the internet I have to Connection My Internet Frequently Loosing reset the router device for seconds every time I will provide you the diagnostic test results Test the connection to your local network Test your Ethernet Connection PASS Test the connection to your ADSL service provider Test ADSL Synchronization PASS Test ATM OAM F segment ping FAIL Test ATM OAM F end-to-end ping FAIL Test ATM OAM F segment ping FAIL Test Loosing My Internet Connection Frequently ATM OAM F end-to-end ping FAIL Test the connection to your Internet service provider Test PPP server connection PASS Test authentication with ISP PASS Test the assigned IP address PASS Ping default gateway PASS Ping primary Domain Name Server FAIL Can you please help with this Much Appreciated reb

A:Loosing My Internet Connection Frequently

Dear all,
I have almost rectified the above issue which I have ?killed? the System Idle Process in Task Manager, I believe was hogging up the CPU resources (92 to 98%) and performed a full disc defragmentation and disabled some unwanted programmes.
Regards,
reb999000

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338325/loosing-my-internet-connection-frequently/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello. Lately, I have been experiencing dropped internet connectivity. I have an Arris Modem connected to a Netgear Router that supplies our wifi. My modem has started rebooting itself, but not all the lights on the modem are lit. The Battery Light will go on, the DS (Downstream) will also go on, and then the US (Upstream) light will go solid, then begin to flash. No amount of hard-resets has fixed this problem, and I believe my router has no role in this problem. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 51.17%

My computer is frequently disconnecting from my wifi network.  I run the HP network Check helper and  get the message...Resetting the Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter.  The check helper has always been able to reconnect, but the problem is happening more frequently(sometimes every 2-3 minutes)  Could something be wrong with my Wi-Fi Adapter? We have many things connected to this router and my computer is the only one having troubles with the connection. I'd love to hear ideas.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Frequently-losing-wireless-connection/td-p/5723964
Relevancy 51.17%

So just recently I noticed that my Dropping Wireless Connection Frequently internet connection has been dropping frequently somewhere in between - times every hours It ll either say im connected to the router but the router will give me a message saying that it could not connect with the internet provider or windows will tell me im not connected all together To solve this problem all I do is unplug then replug my adapter back in and it works fine I thought this was all just my adapter I m now running off a fresh HD and it started about a week after I switched over so I reinstalled the drivers and no luck Then my sister tells me her laptop also gets the message from the router then my mom tells me it happens to her sometimes to My dad who uses a hardwire connection never notices problems and last night I hooked up my computer and left it down there for the day and no drops I went into the settings in the router to see if it was letting Wireless Connection Dropping Frequently us do enough wireless connections for everyone in our house and it was correct I don t remember touching any settings in the router and no one else in the family knows the password so them changing something is unlikely So is Wireless Connection Dropping Frequently this something we should contact SBC for I think the warranty is over though or buy a new router And if the second option whats a good recommendation Thanks Aj nbsp

A:Wireless Connection Dropping Frequently

For wireless reliability, the first action is to update the firmware in the router
AND every PC wireless adaptor which you wish to connect to that router.

Second action is to ensure ALL pcs are using only B or G mode, but not a mixture
of both -- this just causes problems

Third action is to know how many other wireless systems are in range of
your PCs and to note which channels each are using. Also note if they are
B,G, or B/G if at all possible.

Now select a channel that no one else is using.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-dropping-frequently.73850/
Relevancy 51.17%

I loose my network connection very frequently at my work place and it comes back automatically , its more like breaking and restoring ,
when I called the network people they say it could be because of some virus and my hard disk needs to be reformatted.
they donot try anything else, I need advice on how can I debug this issue my self ,
I have admin rights in my computer and I would like to try other things to
resolve my issue.Please advice me how can I debug this ?
I never did any networking thing but I am programmer , and pretty much comfortable with windows.
Please advice me steps to debug this issue .

A:loosing network connection frequently

Since you are part of a Domain, the network engineers probably know best. I would not have them Format your disc unless it is too far gone. See what other tools they have to diagnose your connection. See if you can have them How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and reset Winsock Repair/Reset Winsock settings Then have them scan for Virus and Malware.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/loosing-network-connection-frequently-624225.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

Got a strange issue when trying to connect to my routers homepage belkin N (192.168.2.1) my connection will drop after a few seconds, I have tried this bother wireless and wired. OS is vista home prem. 64bit and all worked ok for ages but stopped recently. I have been taking updates and the only other thing I have installed is microsoft MSN, Live and is it called silver light or something? I have been able to connect to the router with a hardwired W2k machine but this is bugging me. I have reset the router etc. but nothing seems to help on this and the fact that I can connect with another PC seems to point to microsoft.

Any help appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/248768-connection-192-168-2-1-drops-internet.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi i have an HP laptop forgot the name of connection drops min Wi-Fi every limited 10 to the laptop but i can Wi-Fi connection drops every 10 min to limited give it no problem just gotta go search a little bit i got Windows -bit and I have an wifi driver - Reaktek RTL EE bgn Wi-Fi Adapter - thats what it says in the device manager i have everything updated to the latest all drivers and everything but the problem is the connection drops every min i have turned the option on Power Management 'Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power' to OFF so i dosent deactivate the driver randomly i have it set to use maximum performance from power plan settings but every min or it goes to Limited if i run the Wi-Fi connection drops every 10 min to limited troubleshooter it fixes it and says 'Fixed problem with default gateway' but that still dosent stop dropping the next - min samething happens but this time it says there is problems starting the driver or that it cant start and it converts my Wi-Fi to Ethernet cable wich i dont have and after that i cannot start the driver anyway no way to start it after that i need to restart my PC so it can fix and do all the same stuff in the next min it really annoys me i'm desprate for help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72824-wi-fi-connection-drops-every-10-min-limited.html
Relevancy 51.17%

As it says in the title, my connection will randomly drop out with no warning..

I'm using a Westell Model 6100 modem, with verizon DSL, and from there it goes into a Lynksis Wireless G Broadband router, though Im not using the wireless, I just split into the two computers using ethernet from the router. This has been happening for a long time, where the Internet and DSL lights on the modem will go dark, and eventually come back on. The network connections window on XP still says Im connected, but I cannot visit web pages, or connect to online games. I'm not sure what causes it, but it just randomly drops out, some days its worse than other's, where it will drop out, come back, and instantly drop again, and others, maybe once, and thats all. My first thought was perhaps the phones interfering, but Ive got filter's on all the phones.. any thoughts?

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there I've been having this issue a few months after purchasing back in i've crashes connection, drops often Wi-Fi taken it to PC World to try and figure out what's wrong but to no avail I'm hoping I could get some help as I'm starting to pull out my hair lol nbsp My Laptop loses connection constantly Wi-Fi drops connection, often crashes If I so much as move the d mn thing I either lose connection or the entire Laptop crashes and needs restarting When I restart either I'll have connection be told that I have no networks available at all that I cant connect or that Windows hasn't installed correctly and that I need to restart nbsp I'm with Sky and have managed to confirm throughout their support that it's not the actual connection I contacted PC World phone support and they suggested that I reinstall the driver scan my Broadcom BCM bgn Wi-Fi Adapter for any changes updates and I think this might be where the problem lies as whenever I try to change anything about said adapter my laptop instantly freezes and has to be restarted Needs noting that said driver is up to date nbsp I've also tried restoring my laptop back to factory settings which did nothing nbsp I bought the laptop around November December problems started around March nbsp for a few months and miraculously fixed itself for over a year before issues restarted this January There's no event that seemingly triggered this problem and after dealing with this for over months straight my patience is breaking lol nbsp Any thoughts I was kind of hoping that a laptop with a price would hold for more than the few months it did

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wi-Fi-drops-connection-often-crashes/td-p/5639191
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys Maybe you can help me out Router drops connection on this one my Router drops connection grammar is ending at a point Let me make this clear - PC Router drops connection connects to a wireless router D-Link which is connected to a Zyxel ADSL Bridge which belongs to the ISP - the authentication to the ISP network is performed via MAC validation that s all the router is not set up with a PPPoE account it s set up to obtain a dynamic IP Address ok all works wonderful birds are singing and out of the blue the connection drops when I check the router menu the WAN status remains at quot renewing IP address quot My first thought was that the router is failing so I brought in a second router to make further tests But the same behaviour occurs with the second router aswell Where could be the fault could be something related to the communication between the D-Link and the Zyxel suspecting the Zyxel now Regards John nbsp

A:Router drops connection

What is a "Zyxel ADSL Bridge"? Does it have a model number?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-drops-connection.1041839/
Relevancy 51.17%

Up until now my wired connection to my modem has been flawless Recently I have been experiencing periodic connection drops This is most noticeable when I play drops periodically Connection multiplayer games I use Comcast ISP Can anyone help with this IPconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Tim and James Gibson gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ash Williams Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ca comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -D -C -DD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd Connection drops periodically ca comcast net Description Atheros AR AR AR PCI-E Ethern et Controller Physical Address -E -BA-A - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e ac c a ecc df Pref erred Lease Obtained Saturday July AM Lease Expires Wednesday July AM Link-local IPv Address fe f af e f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday July AM Lease Expires Tuesday July PM Default Gateway fe cff fe DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -A -B - - -D -C -DD- DNS Servers feed feed NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -D -C -DD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - - F-D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b f d Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe dc efd e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday July AM Lease Expires Sunday July AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -A -B - - -D -C -DD- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c fa bc aee Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe c fa bc aee Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap F B - A B- A F-A B- DA C D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface BED - E - B F- E - B D DF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A EC -DB - F- -A E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ca comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Connection drops periodically

Hi, kingDistruct. I am experiencing similar problems. Mine hasn't been solved so far. Hope you get rid of your problem soon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-drops-periodically.1060919/
Relevancy 51.17%

For awhile now I have been having issues with my internet connection Connection with Facebook Drops dropping We bought a new router which fixed the problem for everybody in the house but me I have reformatted my computer twice but that doesn t seem to have made a difference Opened up my computer yesterday to make sure all the cables were attached to the networking card and everything is okay I have a Lenova Thinkpad E running Windows bit I can spend hours surfing the net and be fine but when I open up facebook I start having problems Prior to my last reformat it happened with other pages as well but now it s facebook There are also times when I can look at stuff on my timeline and be okay today is not one of those times but as soon as I even think about playing farmville I get Connection Drops with Facebook either limited connection or no connection I ve done a lot of research tried a lot of different things and nothing has seemed to help Hopefully somebody here has an idea or two Keep in mind router Connection Drops with Facebook is new and my computer is the only one doing this I drop connection and my husband is sitting right next to me with his computer with no problems so NO it is not the router modem internet company or router location nbsp

A:Connection Drops with Facebook

can we see an xirrus screen shot please
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-drops-with-facebook.1154210/
Relevancy 51.17%

When im playing games like WoW, counterstrike, etc. every once and a while my ping will jump and everything will freeze. It only happened recently after I restored my computer to factory settings. How do I find out what the problem is?

Relevancy 51.17%

I have Time Warner s Road Runner cable I am using their leased modem Toshiba PCX I was using a Netgear wireless router for Drops FTL! Intermittent Connection a long time I didn t have many problems with it Intermittent Connection Drops FTL! except for the range Intermittent Connection Drops FTL! I decided to upgrade to Linksys WRT nv and so far I think I ve made a big mistake When I first got the router I was using Windows Vista Bit Home Edition and it seemed to work fine for me I now have Windows Ultimate Bit and I am having some crazy issues with my internet connection I rarely turn my computer off so the only power setting I have enabled is for my monitor to turn off after minutes My wife s laptop is the only computer that connects wirelessly My desktop is the wired connection Anyhow this is my problem at first I thought it was an quot idle quot issue I work rd shift and when I came home to hop onto the computer I noticed a yellow icon sitting ontop of my internet icon When I moved my mouse over to the icon and hovered over it it said no internet access however my internal network was still alive In other words I couldn t sign into anything that required an internet connection I couldn t browse pages but I could still stream movies to my ps or my xbox just fine through WMP I could also pull up pictures and music from my wife s laptop and my ps and even my xbox I thought this was some fluke thing so I decided to unplug my router and my cable modem and just power cycle it Doing this fixed the problem temporarily Not but a few minutes later I was playing World of Warcraft and I got disconnected from it as well I ALT TABBED immediately and the same icon appeared on the internet icon again Now I knew there was a problem I really do not know what is causing this but I ve done some of my own troubleshooting Here are some things I ve tried myself before contacting Time Warner Unplugged router power cycle Unplugged modem power cycle Turned computer off power cycled both router and modem Upgraded updated firmware on router Reset router back to factory defaults Updated ethernet network adapter drivers Removed router from connection plugged directly into modem Disabled re-enabled all configuration properties w ethernet network adapter including ipv and Disabled ethernet network adapter re-enabled Downgraded OS from Windows to Windows Vista possible compatibility issues Vista is my current OS right now The only thing that fixes this issue temporarily that I ve found so far is unplugging the modem and plugging it back in Connection drops are random intermittent Connection also drops even when the computer is off Also I should note I had Time Warner come out and investigate The guy who showed up seemed like he wanted nothing to do with it The night before they called and told me they did a reset on my modem and everything looked good and that if I didn t have any problems connecting to cancel the appointment I don t have an issue connecting I have an issue staying connected Not to mention the several online chats I ve had with them and they all did a reset to my modem too But yes a technician did come out on Monday morning He said on his way over the office called him and said they checked my levels and they were good All he did was test my lines which tested good then proceeded to tell me they ve had issues in this area for months and they ve ordered a part that won t be there until September sometime After he left my internet was stable for about days and then it started disconnecting again I counted times in one day Your help or any advice in this matter is greatly appreciated My apologies for it being so long I wanted to be as detailed as possible I ve heard rumors about this wireless router though being a bad one Specifically an overheating issue because it does run hot Is my modem dying do you think it needs to be replaced nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi In our MD s house we have fibre optic connection given by the ISP upto Distribution box inside the house where drops! connection Internet the fibre optic cable is connected to HUAWEI-ECHOLFIE HG terminal From the RJ port in that device the ethernet cable goes to the DLINK port switch All the ports are connected with ethernet cables to rooms going concealed through the wall Our ISP person tested the connection by connecting one patch cable from the DLINK SWITCH via the wall socket to the WAN port of LINKSYS WRT N wireless router and connecting other ethernet cable from the lan port of the router to the laptop setup the username password encapsulation pppoe and configured the internet found working I tried to configure the wireless in the house by fixing LINKSYS Internet connection drops! access point in some rooms Here the problem started I cannot fix the LINKSYS router inside the DB in front portion of the house since there is no space in that and cannot keep the linksys router outside also So I kept the linksys router inside one room and connected its lan port to the wall socket inside the room and connected its WAN PORT to one of its lan port because I want to share the internet in all the rooms I checked the internet in all the rooms by taking one laptop to all the rooms and checked through the access point configured in each room After few minutes internet drops and the led s in the LINSKYS router starts continuously blinks as if there is some problem What is the problem and how can I rectify it Thanks amp Regards S Swaminathan nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone I got MSI GP - QE laptop and have been using Windows since I bought it without having a problem But few days ago when I was playing an offline game my wi-fi connection dropped I tried to connect back and I actually succeed but it's keep dropping since then When I lose the connection it says that quot not connected - no connection available quot but actually there're tens of wireless networks and I can connect with my phone I tried to connect to Connection Wireless Drops another wi-fi and it seems to does without getting any error or dropping but it's the same network but just the different modem And everyone can connect to this modem and I was Wireless Connection Drops too untill few days ago Then I always have to use Network troubleshooter but then I cannot find any wireless connection even my Wi-Fi is turned on Sometimes I can but except my wi-fi which is pretty odd Even I can connect it's super duper slow and unstable even it's actually not I've been downloading at mb s but now not even kb s and wi-fi signal is too low which it suppose to not I configured Power and Sleep settings Also quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot is unchecked I've scanned my computer I tried quot sfc scannow quot and quot dism online cleanup-image restorehealth quot I reset the modem I'm able to get in the modem administration panel I tried few things but it's the same My drivers are up to date I tried rollback and restoring the system But just nothing I couldn't make it work properly I'd really appreciate any kind of help What can cause this and how can I fix this Thank you already Edit A friend of mine have this product named quot Tp-Link TL-W N quot and when I plugged that in it worked like a charm Also sorry for my grammar mistakes if I have any Edit I don't have any programs that related to network such as VPN Anti-Virus etc Also my DNS settings are automatic and I tried these commands too quot netsh int ip reset a txt netsh winsock reset netsh winhttp reset proxy netsh advfirewall reset and ipconfig flushdns quot but no success Edit I tried to scan hard drives for errors nothing

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57361-wireless-connection-drops.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Folks,
Got such a quick and positive result on one issue thought I'd try another!!
First of all this is an area I know little about so be gentle and patient!!

I have a 2.0 MHz processor 512 ram lots of drive space.

I am using a router and accessing the net through Galaxy / Drirecway satellite 2 way connection. I have a full Norton security package; firewall, spam, anti virus and such.

When I access a download I start at a respectable 200+ kps but within seconds it drops steadily down to 70/80 kps.

Any ideas?
Thanks

A:Internet connection drops off

Normal operation. The estimate for the download is based on a sliding scale, and it normally starts out with an optimistic number. As the download proceeds, there's enough data to come up with a realistic number.

Have you ever done the speed test at www.dslreports.com? What speeds do you come up with?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops-off.421715/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I am new to your forums but from what I read on various topics I can see some smart peeps are here to help...I have seen some threads on my issue but I am super new to computers. I can not get connection to the net but the globe in the bottom right is on so it seems I have connection. My lights are blinking on my Cable Modem as well. I have tried to unplug and reset the modem as well but that did not help. My Internet was working fine until about 1 week ago. The Comcast Cable guy came out and stated everything is ok with my line. Reasons why my connection is not working stated at least in Vista is DNS error or can't connect to ISP...I know this has happened alot but has anyone fixed it?

Specs:
Vista 64 Home prem. x64 SP1

A:Internet Drops not Connection now

Turn off the computer. Plug modem and router for 20 minutes. Turn on router and let it cycle for 5 minutes. Turn on router and let it cycle for 5 minutes. Turn on computer.

start
in the search box type CMD and hit OK
In black box, type IPconfig/all and see if your DNS servers are listed.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/158720-internet-drops-not-connection-now.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all I usually figure things out on my own but I am having a bit of trouble with this one I m SUSPECTING a network issue Nutshell Format amp reinstall Win XP SP dual-boot Ubuntu different partition In XP no ethernet driver to get to the NIC card and access internet on install Found driver for NIC Installed Internet works for a minute or so then slows to nothing Close browser re-open SOMETIMES will work again mostly does not I use IE Maxthon Avant all fresh downloads All are IE quot wrappers quot Happens on all of them Installed Firefox for testing Newest browser Internet works Internet/DSL drops connection good Internet/DSL drops connection for a while then PERIODIC slowing to nothing on Firefox Here we go again Here s why I suspect network I was having this trouble after a fresh install of XP and JUST installing the NIC driver No firewall no antivirus no other programs installed It caused me to do a fresh reformat amp reinstall just in case this time with a different NIC driver Same problem I m just rolling with it now Before the format amp reinstall the internet had ZERO issues Same computer same everything Which is why this is so frustrating Here s the other booger if I use Ubuntu I can roll on Firefox and the internet all night long without the slightest hiccup So this is telling me that the HARDWARE is okay but I suspect there is a software or setting problem somewhere along the way I don t know what will be pertinent info for this one so and I am a total gourd-brain when it comes to networking I installed Wireshark to see if I could find something but I really do not know what to look for Nor how to decipher what I m looking at haha but let me start with this Windows IP Configuration Host Name jen- d e Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - - F-A -BE-CF Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday April PM Lease Expires Saturday April PM I remember something in an error message about DHCP losing a LEASE to an IP address Does this jibe somehow Also I m using AT amp T DSL with their supplied router The computer is plugged directly into the router I have called their tech support line for testing and they reported no problems on my line The speed is fine WHEN it is connected Thanks for any help you can provide I will give more info as needed just tell me what you want and where to find it This is a learning experience for me too nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Please help. I am running two pc's at home from wireless router. One of the pc's is hardwired in to the router the other pc is using usb connector. Every 30 minutes or so (sometimes more frequent) the connection will just fail for no apparent reason. After about 2 minutes it will reconnect. This problem has only started the last couple of weeks or so and I havent changed the setings on either of the pc's, hence why I am baffled. The problem seems to happen where both pcs are running OR just one.

The only thing that has changed is ive just got an iphone which I also occasionally connect to the router. Could this have an affect? The connection drop happens whether my phone is connected to the router OR not though

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello guys I have come to this forum a couple of times to get out of tough situations Great site I have tried to find a thread that is close to the problem i have but could not find one My internet connection drops for Internet drops connection no reason of course there is a reason but ya know i will be using it and it drops Now i will give you some background on my setup I have a SMC VBR router with two computers hooked up to it Now when the internet is down i can still surf on the other computer Internet connection drops but Internet connection drops not on mine I ve been away from home so i forget if I was able to log into the router setup screen or not Internet connection drops I beilive i couldn t When i reset the router by pulling the plug not pushing in the little button thingy my connection comes back on after the router is done booting up Just wonering if there was a way to stop this from occuring Thanks for reading and helping nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Netgear MR814v2 wireless router, and ever since i upgraded to the new firmware 5.3 my internet connection drop very frequently. Without the router my connection seems to work perfectly fine. Is there a way i can downgrade my firmware back to how it was before? I have tried factory resetting it, but it is still the 5.3 firmware. what can i do to downgrade it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops.860637/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there,

Here is my problem,
I game a lot, & if I disconnect from those games for 1 or 2 minutes I'll probably be dead and/or lost the game.
My connection drops randomly, this happens once every hour or so, a few minutes later I reconnect to the same internet. The internet hasnt shut down, I can still browse on my phone & on another computer., but those arent on when Im gaming.
I've had this problem for a while now and it also occurres on my other laptop when I gamed up there. I can solve this by going to controllpanel & troubleshoot problems with network adapter, but it is getting really annoying. Even when Im only browsing like now it just drops connection.
Can someone help me?

-Kay

A:Connection drops randomly

Sounds like you're on a DSL connection - - are you?

I would log into the router and on the WAN side configuration, set the MTU to 1492.
This will stop tcp fragmentation and therefore avoid the necessity of reassembly, which can easily overflow buffers and break connections.

Might also reduce tcp ACK responses by applying this change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-drops-randomly.193423/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

i have a Netgear WG311v3 PCI card for my desktop computer running windows XP.

My wireless connection seems to drop out after a period of inactivity usually around 5min.

When i check the netgear smart wizard it shows Connected to router (when internet not working) and Connected to Internet (when working). The only way i can change that is to repair or restart the wireless connection.

I have searched the internet with no luck can any one help or should i get a new wireless card.

Al the other computers in the house are working with no problems

Please help
Tim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-drops-out.843289/
Relevancy 51.17%

I connect to internet from my XP PC using wireless router. After periods of being idle I notice I cannot connect to internet yet I can still connect to router. My W98 PC always remains connect to internet, so I know the router hasn't dropped the connection to the cable modem. Rebooting the XP PC usually fixes the problem. Anyone know why this is happening??

Relevancy 51.17%

I have three identical Dell Inspiron 1505 notebooks connecting to our secure wireless home network via a Linksys WRT54G router. Each notebook make use of the Dell 1390 wireless card and each is managed by the software supplied by Linksys. Each are set up identically. I have updated all of the software and drivers I can think of using Dell's online support and have the XP operating system as up to date as I can make it. Two work flawlessly but one keeps dropping the wireless signal. All I can think is that the wireless card in the troubled unit is defective. Is there something else I should consider first? How do I diagnose whether a wireless card is working properly? What information do I need to supply to help you help me?

Thanks