Windows Support Forum

Double-clicking mouse

Q: Double-clicking mouse

Hi! I usually post over in the malware/viruses section, but I don't ...think this is virus/malware related? That is, my mouse has recently (within the past week or so) decided that it's going to start double-clicking, which is something of an irritation when dragging/dropping things, or when playing video games of any kind, mostly. I don't think this is malware/virus related, since I've run my malwarebytes/MSE scans and found nothing; I've even run malwarebyte's anti-rootkit to see if it was just something strange going on there, and found nothing, too.

My mouse is a few - about six? - months old, and it doesn't really have any issues aside from this, nor have I had any problems with it before now. It's an E-blue Cobra mouse, and googling doesn't seem to be terribly helpful as far as "Go ___ for new/updated drivers!", so I'm sort of stuck on that front, too.

Anyone have any suggestions/fixes they know of that might help?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Double-clicking mouse

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Double-clicking mouse

Have you check in the control pane. Under folder options? Once you click on this and the window opens. Look for ( Click Items as follows) Here it will give you the option to single click on Items or double click. You should be able to change your settings there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/double-clicking-mouse.203828/
Relevancy 88.15%

Since the day before yesterday I have been having a problem where my mouse double-clicks when I single-click This happens sometimes when I open a program I ended up opening a Firefox window with a session restore that I wanted as well as a second blank window I didn t minimize the session restore one so when I clicked the X on the blank window it closed both and I lost the session restore links since it closed both windows When I right click to open a link in another tab it sometimes opens the site in two tabs When I click on the google window or the address window all of the text is highlighted for replacement as if I clicked on the text twice I ve only noticed this in XP although I have only done a little work in Word over the last couple days I ve looked in google and found a couple links that say it is a hardware related program the mouse is a Logitech MX and I can t find it listed at their site for a driver That is possible but it has been very sudden AND it seemed to start after XP s latest auto-update I really should update my OS to one of the professional ones because I ve been complaining for years about XP Home s auto-update and reboot Is it possible that the I (left when and single-click clicking) double-clicking mouse right latest XP update could have done something to the mouse driver I should add that I think I m still using the old Intelipoint driver with the Logitech mouse because I heard that the Logitech drivers were buggy Should I try updating the mouse double-clicking when I single-click (left and right clicking) Intellipoint driver or is mouse double-clicking when I single-click (left and right clicking) there a driver for Logitech that includes MX even though it is not listed at Logitech s site

A:mouse double-clicking when I single-click (left and right clicking)

It is likely a problem with the mouse itself. I have experienced the same issue and there are numerous reports of this problem ... and I include a link to one of them for your interest and amusement:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic360903.html

The problematic behaviour may come and go: In my own case, my problematic Logitech mouse has been behaving itself recently. I have not been able to find any reason for the variation in its behaviour from time to time. When it plays up, I simply resort to using another mouse for awhile.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427946/mouse-double-clicking-when-i-single-click-left-and-right-clicking/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello I have been fighting this problem for a couple of weeks I have a Compaq Laptop and the USB mouse will click a random amount of times when the mouse button is pushed While dragging and object it will click multiple times It originally started on my wifes machine with a PS mouse running through a KVM then it started on my machine When I use the mouse pad it does not happen I ran Norton FProt Ad-Aware Stinger ePest Patrol and others Every program except virus scanners found something different I removed everything they found but no help I replaced the mouse driver with various versions still no help I replaced the mouclass sys file with an older version mouhid sys with an older version and still nothing Please take a look at my hijackthis log and let me know what to do next thanks howellt Mouse Double Clicking log text Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss Mouse Double Clicking exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc Mouse Double Clicking exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files FRISK Software F-PROT Antivirus for Windows FPAVServer exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Mouse Double Clicking Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA MICROS MSSQL binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PSIService exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Vongo VongoService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files FRISK Software F-PROT Antivirus for Windows FProtTray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Novosoft Handy Backup hbagent exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Sony Handheld HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files MalwareBot MalwareBot exe C WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system MsiExec exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NAVW EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Tracy Howell Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www allvantage com myvantage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www allvantage com myvantage R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http r office microsoft com r rlid date ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/mouse-double-clicking-167240.html
Relevancy 81.27%

my mouse keeps on double-clicking on its own even if i only click it once. i already bought a new mouse but i still have the same problem.

can anyone help me with this? i just don't know what to do. i already went to control panel > mouse and tried to fix the double-clicking option. still nothing happens

Relevancy 81.27%

This is probably one of those stupid questions! can a mouse be serviced?
I have been using my wireless mouse for a couple of years without problems, lately it has been double clicking on ever increasing occasions.
For example if I close an email in outlook it closes the mail and also closes outlook which obviously is right underneath.
When I delete an email it often deletes the one above it, I often find emails in my deleted folder that I have not seen.
It is not only in outlook, if I play free cell etc it regularly deals twice at once.
I have slowed it down from its usual position but to no avail.
Any ideas??

A:Double clicking mouse

Since you have been using it for years, all that comes to mind is that the mouse is going bad. I had a wired optical not too long ago that started to double click, then it did it some more... then eventually it double clicked like crazy and it was absolute anguish to try to drag something. My advice is to just get a new mouse, or try a mouse that you know has no problems on that comp and see if the problem persists. Although, i have never heard of a mouse problem like that if it weren't the mouse itself.. Hope this helped!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-clicking-mouse.900610/
Relevancy 81.27%

It's very annoying. Now I did a Google search to see if I could find a solution to this problem. According to what I found I need to buy a new mouse, I really hope that's not the case at all. I have a limited amount of money. Now let me ask, how can I stop my mouse from double-clicking by itself? This really is frustrating. Is there a way to do it without having to buy a new mouse?

Relevancy 80.41%

I have an ASUS F8 Laptop - Windows Vista - with an ASUS mouse attached. Recently I've been having an issue with the clicking - if I click on something ONCE, it double clicks. I tried changing the settings for double-clicking (by increasing the speed) and it didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 80.41%

I think this is a software issue, because my mouse is in perfectly good shape physically, from what I can tell. It's a Dell wireless mouse and up until a few weeks ago always worked perfectly fine. Then, one day it just started incessantly double clicking any time i click the left click button. This only occurs when left clicking. I have checked my mouse settings and everything looks fine. At one point I tried slowing my click speed down all the way and it still did it. Does anyone know of any solutions?

A:My mouse will not stop double clicking

Try it on another computer or change that for another mouse on yours and see what happens . If the problem still exist using that mouse on another computer the problem points to your mouse .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-mouse-will-not-stop-double-clicking.874265/
Relevancy 80.41%

I've had this issue for the last month about where my mouse sporadically double clicks. I have high beliefs this is not a direct issue of the mouse as I've asked around and apparently 4/5 other people are experiencing the same issues. I have tried running scans with Malwarebytes Pro, Malwarebyte Anti-rootkit and Avast Internet Security. I've gone full out with all scans and nothing shows. The problem still persists. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, not only for me but others too. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-double-clicking-issue-need-help.1103576/
Relevancy 80.41%

My mouse seams to be stuck where it'll always double-click at the press of the button and I can't change it. I've looked in the Mouse Control menu in Control panel but there's not an option to turn it off. I even tried uninstalling it but it didn't change anything.

I can't figure this on out.

Relevancy 80.41%

I have Windows Vista premium and a Lexma USB mouse. I have two problems:

1. Whenever I click once with my mouse, it registers a double click. I remember there used to be an accessibility option to set this up in Windows XP but I can't find the option to turn it off in Windows Vista. Any ideas?

2. This one's a little weirder. Sometimes my Windows Vista frees up (like a really big memory process is slowing everything down) I can fix this by unplugging my USB mouse and using the built-in touchpad mouse on my laptop. In every case, as soon as I plug the USB mouse back in, the freezing starts again. How do I look for potential conflicts in Vista? Again, I'm an XP expert but I can't figure out how to do it in Vista.

Thanks in advance.

M

A:Mouse Double-Clicking and USB Conflict?

hi go to control panel and in classic view mouse this will open the properties pages for mouse also try updating your driver from mfr website and if you go to control panel administrative tools then event viewer you should be able to access the various logs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-double-clicking-and-usb-conflict.799498/
Relevancy 79.55%

I just done the latest windows update today, it has been sittin there since last week but I havent turned off me PC since it downloaded.

Anyway, since I have done it the mouse is double clicking with only a single click. Also it hard to highlight text and stuff with it as it keep selecting and reselecting.

Anyone have this issue or know what can be done thanks!

Graemzy

A:Mouse is double clicking with only a single click.

Give this a try, it may be the solution.
control panel>mouse>double click speed. Try adjusting.
If that does not work, make a system restore, then go a week before the problem see how it works now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/324816-mouse-double-clicking-only-single-click.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a wired 5-button Microsoft optical Intellimouse, about 5 yrs old. Lately it's double-clicking when I single-click, which obviously is quite annoying. It's not the software mouse clicking speed, that doesn't solve it. I switched to an old mouse temporarily and the problem didn't occur, so it's definitely the hardware. Driver is up-to-date.

So, this mouse is kaput, right? There's nothing I could do to fix this? Thanks.

A:Mouse Double-clicking on Single-click

Well, this is impressive. I googled the problem and found it's a common one with the intellimouse and there's a little free utility out there called, appropriately enough, "MouseFix", which I dl'ed and ran. It appears to have solved the problem. Cool. Saved me having to buy a new mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/257319-mouse-double-clicking-single-click.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Today I noticed that when I select text it automatically deselects just after I select it. Then in Outlook I clicked on an email ONE time and the entire email opened in a new window. I know you can only open an email in a new window if you double click.

Both the selecting text and email problem only happen if I try to click a few times in a row.

This mouse is only a few months old.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

I find this very strange as this just started happening today.

Thanks.

A:Solved: Mouse automatically double clicking

What kind of mouse is it? I had the same problem with a Labtech optical. My technical son told me it was and internal hardware problem and there was no way to fix it. - But that was just the Labtech, before you trash it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-automatically-double-clicking.776236/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello,
I've become so fed up wtih this computer! Recently it has started giving me trouble when I try to copy/paste actually its while I try to select text that I can then copy/paste...the text selecting is erradict and jumps all around. If I'm selecting text in Word it will actually rearrange the words instead of selecting it.
And I've noticed that sometimes when I click once, the computer acts as if I had double clicked.

Now I know next to nothing about computers but does this seems like some sort of virus type thing to you?

I have Microsoft Vista Home Premium if that helps. And I ran Windows Defender and Spybot and PC Tools Antivirus today with nothing found.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!
Brooke

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-double-clicking-cant-highlight-properly-help.720077/
Relevancy 79.55%

My mouse double clicks when I do a single click I ve click double clicking on Mouse single gone into the mouse options area and everything looks fine I download music and am Mouse double clicking on single click almost positive I have some sort of malware from a bad torrent Thank you for any help Here s my DDS log and attached are the GMER scan result and the attach txt file from DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Matthew at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated F C - CE- C F- C- B A B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated B E DCD- F - E - D C- CF DCF A Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system AERTSrv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system dlcxcoms exe C Program Files Monsoon Multimedia Vulkano Common havasvc exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Windows System alg exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcxmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System DeltaIITray exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www netflix com MemberHome uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell mDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BH... Read more

A:Mouse double clicking on single click

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerMy name is etavares and I will be working with you to fix your computer.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Please take note:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting. If you will be unable to respond (e.g. vacation, travel, etc.), please let me know ahead of time.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again as instructed below, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:We need to create an OTL report,Please download OTL from this link.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
msconfig
drivers32 /all
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\*.sys /90
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
CREATERESTOREPOINT

Click the Quick Scan button.The scan should take a few minutes.Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logIn your reply, please post both OTL logs and the GMER log. Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405782/mouse-double-clicking-on-single-click/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi I seem to be having a few problems with my pc I have just moved into a new house and my PC went terribly wrong I have never had a virus or anything from what I know off Currently I am using Kaspersky Internet Security When I am internet browsing I get pop-ups saying I have a trojan redirector with other ones like hkgaming and rootkit or rootscan Trojan.Redirector, Double Clicking, need Mouse help? I downloaded Google Chrome and thought it might have been due to Trojan.Redirector, Double Mouse Clicking, need help? that so I deleted it I m currently using Firefox and get problems from both I also have a problem with my mouse double clicking which is driving me mad I m sure it s not a faulty mouse and can only presume its a malware problem I don t know When browsing the internet extra pages to sex sites keep popping up My internet is always cutting out and very slow I m the closest Trojan.Redirector, Double Mouse Clicking, need help? to my router but it never works properly everyone else in my house is working fine for them One of my housemates gets pop ups for the hkgaming aswell I have downloaded anti malware such as spybot and have also used advanced system care to try and clean restore everything but the problem still persists Can anyone help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-redirector-double-mouse-clicking-need-help.958422/
Relevancy 79.55%

I am being driven crazy My mouse is double clicking everywhere Both IE and Firefox on games word processing videos all of it triple, clicking double, quadruple Mouse This started happening before Christmas so I got a new mouse Same problem I try to watch a video I have to hit play four or five Mouse double, triple, quadruple clicking times before it will stay on play instead of immediately pausing again I try to back up a page on my browser it backs up two I close one page it closes the one in back of it as well This is driving me nuts and seems to be getting worse I have a hp optical wired mouse on a windows AMD Athlon II X with gigs of RAM I ve tried updating drivers with no luck I held down the button and it opened and closed the hardware directory several times another time I noticed that when it went down it clicked as it went fully up it clicked again It s extremely annoying I tried to bold extremely and it took me four tries before it would bold Any help or hints would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

I'm new to the forums and I have this recent problem with my mouse. It double-clicks sometimes and it disconnects once in a while even when the USB is already inserted. Now I have a new mouse but it still does the same problems. I checked my browser, Sony Vegas, every program I had. This is getting annoying. My old mouse also used to click every once in a while when I wasn't even clicking. I think the problem is due to dust and microbes inside the mouse. This is super urgent because now the mouse doesn't click whenever I do a click and the wheel scrolls instantly whenever I do a click

A:Mouse double-clicking on single click and disconnecting even with USB

Hmm, if your new mouse is showing the same symptoms then it is not the problem. However, check your mice (both old and new) on another PC to make sure they are not faulty.

Load defaults in BIOS.
Perform a clean startup - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

To eliminate PC hardware fault, download and make bootable DVD/USB for Linux Mint MATE and boot with it (no need to install), see if both mice will work alright.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/376103-mouse-double-clicking-single-click-disconnecting-even-usb.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Heyo I've been seeking Stop - Double-Clicking Hardware Won't NOT Mouse Issue help with this issue for Mouse Won't Stop Double-Clicking - NOT Hardware Issue a while and have yet to find any solution This is a seemingly basic problem but it is extremely annoying My mouse is double-clicking things when I single click This has been going on for a few months now and is wearing on my last nerve Here are the details Desktop running on Windows This doesn't happen every time I click but it happens A LOT implying to me that it is not some setting that merely needs altering since it is not consistent Happens with ANY mouse I've tried switching out to two other mice I had laying around and tried multiple USB ports same problem To be sure I didn't just have a bunch of broken mice I plugged them into a laptop to test The problem did not occur on the laptop Only occurs with left-click Right-click and middle-click are unaffected Problem is not specific to any program I've updated the mouse drivers no change Tried modifying click speed settings no effect I have rebooted amp updated Windows Tried a clean boot and the problem still occurred All of this leads me to believe that the problem is not the mouse or rather mice but some other unknown and mystifying factor I would love any help you guys have to offer as this is making me nuts

A:Mouse Won't Stop Double-Clicking - NOT Hardware Issue

I've had the same problem all summer. Try this.

First see if there is a GWX (Get WIN 10) icon on your taskbar, next to the clock.

Right click on the clock and open Task MGR.

Go to Processes Tab and Delete GWX.exe

That should fix it. Please reply & post if it works.

The GWX icon will hide until your next session. = a daily repeat at startup.

A few posts down, RVAH-12 posted. "Just found DIAG TRACKER running in Services."

I'm not a geek but these troubles have brought me to this excellent website.

My analogy = "I had a perfectly working machine (WIN 7 computer / car), that I need for self employment. A bad cop pulls me over and busts out my tail light and then tells me that I have to get a new one." This isn't right!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588402/mouse-wont-stop-double-clicking-not-hardware-issue/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello Recently when performing tasks on my computer my mouse tends to double click when single clicking about of lags Mouse double clicking randomly? times...computer at the time which is a bit odd but I wasn t sure if it was Mouse double clicking at times...computer lags randomly? due to the fact that the mouse is Mouse double clicking at times...computer lags randomly? years old has old drivers or if it was due to a virus My computer today Mouse double clicking at times...computer lags randomly? started up with all my virus programs disabled for some reason I used adwcleaner and it found some things on my computer so I shall post a log of that along with the rest of the info Thank you for all of your help ----------------------------------------------------------- Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc C KJT Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled --------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup TOASTER EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Program Files x Multimedia Card Reader ShwiconXP exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software CameraHelperShell exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD saui exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http tumblr com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B ... Read more

A:Mouse double clicking at times...computer lags randomly?

Also as an update when shutting down my computer, it stalled on the shutdown screen for a really long time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-double-clicking-at-times-computer-lags-randomly.1108966/
Relevancy 75.68%

I am Running Windows 7 PRO/Enterprise & I work in M-F IT "level-3 support" (40+yrs).  I recently replaced an old MS Comfort
3000 mouse with a MS Comfort 4500 mouse --- re. (The Comfort 3000 mouse wore out.   I have visualaccessibility issues 
 e.g.  I am also using the Magnify Cursor set, w/pointer trails, & echo.)

==>  Now the 4500 Mouse left button needs to be double clicked faster than i can normally manage.   There were no issues with the MS Comfort 3000 mouse.         I might be getting a little slow?

The W-7 Control Panel Mouse "button click speed" is set at the lowest level.  Using a Single Click also is not an option -- re.  (M-F software requirement conflicts).  

I am looking for any suggestions &/or solutions.  

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3f512be8-d595-47a6-8251-9b84d23d0993/ms-comfort-4500-mouse-double-clicking-left-button-is-set-too-fast-windows-7-proenterprise?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, from today it seems my mouse is occasionally double-clicking if I click something. It is really annoying like if I want to close a browser tab and a few other tabs are being closed as well.

Yesterday I used AutoHotKey for the first time and I have a suspicion that it changed some setting somewhere. The program is not running any more (no tray icon visible) and I have rebooted since I used it.

Can anybody suggest where I could look to solve this problem?
PS: Hope its the right group, I was very unsure which was the best to post in.

A:Mouse occasionally "double-clicking"

There is usually a setting in the mouse properties to control the double click speed.

You can check:
Start > Control Panel > (upper right) View By: Small Icons > Select Mouse
Use the double click slider to adjust the speed.

Or you may have to open the Autohotkey program and make the double click speed adjustment from settings in there.

Or you may need to uninstall the program and do a system restore to a time before you installed it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/114216-mouse-occasionally-double-clicking.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I am running Office 2003 in WinXP Pro (version 2002) SP2 on a Sony Vaio laptop, model VGN-TX610P.

Lately my computer has been running slowly so I have been trying to get rid of things like startup processes and other junk by going through msconfig and running ccleaner. I think something may have caused an error in Word.

I cannot open a Word file by clicking on it in Explorer, My Documents, etc. Clicking on the file causes Word to open, Norton Anti-Virus to scan for viruses, and then... nothing. No file is open. There is no new document. Only Word is open.

I can open documents fine by CTRL-O'ing in Word, but then when it is open I cannot use the mouse or the vertical scroll bar.

Since I use Word as my Outlook message editor the same thing happens.

Please help!

A:Cannot Use Mouse In Word, Cannot Open Word By Double-clicking

Using CCleaner, without being extremely careful, can often cause important files, etc., to be deleted causing some applications not to function properly.
Your best plan of action would be to uninstall Office completely, then re-install it. I would also spot check a .doc to be sure the association is correct.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/63270/cannot-use-mouse-in-word-cannot-open-word-by-double-clicking/
Relevancy 60.2%

When I click on something such as the back button it will double click and take me back twice or triple click and take me back three times. When I try and open something it clicks a couple times. This is random and it doesn't happen all the time. My mouse is NOT set to double click. Something new now is that in AIM when someone sends a message it sends two at a time. What is up?

A:Double clicking?

Check your system for viruses/spyware. Please use these programs

Scan your pc with 2 of these free online scanners:
Panda ActiveScan
RAV AntiVirus
Housecall Be sure to put a check the box beside AutoClean
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download / Install / Update / and Run:
Adaware SE check for any updates before running it.
Get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. You can download it at this SITE
To run this tool, install to the hard drive, then open Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection.

Download and install Spybot S&D . Run Spybot and click on the 'Search for Updates' button. Install any updates that are available. Next click on the 'Check for Problems' button. Let it run the scan. If it finds something, check all those in RED and hit the Fix Selected Problems button. Exit Spybot. If you keep getting the DSO Exploit entries, even after you updated Windows and fixed them, then download the Spybot DSO Exploit Fix and install it over the current Spybot installation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/double-clicking-60037.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Logitech cordless keyboard and mouse. The mouse has a side button that will do a double click with one press.
I normally put my computer on standby when not in use. When it goes to complete shutdown, for whatever reason, I lose the double click feature until I go into mouse and re setup. After applying the setup, I get an error message that gets reported to Microsoft.
I didn't have this problem until I changed from Panda to Norton as far as I can recall.

Thanks folks

Richard

A:Double clicking on XP

try, going to power options in your control panel and set the "turn off hard drive" option to never.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-clicking-on-xp.474989/
Relevancy 60.2%

This is too much of a time-consuming feature. I've adjusted the settings and it still requires that when Googling, for example, that I click on a link and wait a few seconds to click again just to get it to open. Can someone please explain this frustrating process to me? Can I disable it?!

A:Double-clicking in OS X

My personal advice... get a real PC.

No seriously, bad joke. This would probably be better answered in the MAC section.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-clicking-in-os-x.747507/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I was clicking to possible entirely? Is disable it double wondering if it's possible to kill the double click feature entirely Not just for folders but within all programs menus etc I tried to search but couldn't find a way to disable it globally I have an older mouse that I'm rather attached to but is no longer produced It double triple clicks anything I single click on both right and left buttons are Is it possible to disable double clicking entirely? now pretty bad It's gotten so bad I can no longer click amp drag files or even highlight any text I've opened it up and cleaned it with electrical cleaner which made it a bit better but it's still bad The rest of the buttons are fine though I've also already tried increasing the double click speed to max both in the windows settings and as low as possible via registry Still double clicks Anyway I was wondering if it's possible to avoid finding a new one by just disabling double click functionality for everything Is there a way to do that Thanks

A:Is it possible to disable double clicking entirely?

Here's what I found by googling "How to disable double clicking!"
Single-Click or Double-Click to Open an Item

You might want to check other responses in case this doesn't work for you.
THW

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/290955-possible-disable-double-clicking-entirely.html
Relevancy 59.34%

When I open a folder in Windows 7, like my Documents, and try to double click a folder, it gives me an error message. The message is "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

It does this whenever I try to open any folder in documents, libraries, or any folder in a window. I can right click on the folder and press open and it opens fine, but this is insanely annoying when going through many folders.

What do I need to do to solve this problem?

Thanks for any help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-when-double-clicking-645655.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I noticed if you double click inbetween cells in excel. It automatically moves the selection to the top or bottom of the column. Is there anyway to turn this off? Its quite annoying.

A:double clicking in excel

Meteo said:

I noticed if you double click inbetween cells in excel. It automatically moves the selection to the top or bottom of the column. Is there anyway to turn this off? Its quite annoying.Click to expand...

Not as far as I know. (In case you didn't know) you can hit F2 for "cell edit mode", if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-clicking-in-excel.399839/
Relevancy 59.34%

When I click the mouse it will occasionally double click on it's own.
System: Dell Precision T1650
Ops Sys: Windows 8.1

Tried  2 different mice, Logitech and original Dell - wired
Tried different USB ports. On the computer - front and back and on the Monitor.
Rebooted, cold booted - still happens - sometimes when it restarts it will be okay for awhile but then start again.

Software: happens in any progam, if you left click it will occasionally double click on its own.

A:Random Double Clicking

Open the Device Manager and double click on Mice and other pointing devices.

You should see HID - compliant mouse, double click on it.

Click on the Driver tab, then uninstall the driver.

Restart the computer.  The computer will install a new driver for the mouse.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543638/random-double-clicking/
Relevancy 59.34%

Can anyone tell me how to change the setting for my mouse so I only have to single click instead of double click. I knew where to change it on Windows 98 but I can't find where to change it in Windows XP. I went to my computer and clicked on the mouse icon but that only lets you change the speed of the click I couldn't find where to change it to a single click. Help

A:Tired of double clicking

Open My Computer, Tools>Folder Options, on the first tab at the bottom, select Single-click to open an item

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tired-of-double-clicking.325308/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron running on windows 7 and lately everytime I try to double click on any icon or program a windows pops up saying "Are you sure you want to move this item/program to the recycle bin?", and it keeps opening windows with the same message for a while. Does anybody has a possible solution for this problem?. I have avg antivirus running, spybot and another program, none have found anything wrong in the laptop.

Relevancy 59.34%

when i am double clicking it takes more time to open a file ( any type).
write click also takes more time. i have a lot of application installed in my computer thats why i cannot reformat.

please give me action what i want to follow

A:double clicking problem

You may have too many applications running in the background slowing down your computer.

Please click here to download and install version 2.0.2 of the HijackThis Installer.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

Do not fix anything

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-clicking-problem.909324/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I am having a problem with my mouse. I posted a while back about but unfortunatly I had to leave town and couldn't post sow my topic was dropped. I have tried repeatly to remove this virus with adaware, spybot, hjt, norton and it doesent seem to want to leave. It causes the mouse to double click quite often when I either have the left button down, or clicked once. At times the occurences or less frequent, say about once every five clicks, but recently it has becoming frequent(about every other click). This is particallary annoying with clicking and draging, as it will double click in the miidle of the drag operation and I have to start over. I use a standard dell logitech laser mouse, not cordless. If anybody can offer any advice it'd bee much appreiciated. Thank you.

A:Double Clicking Virus

What makes you think it's a virus?
Do you know the name of it?
Have you tried another mouse?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/24389/double-clicking-virus/
Relevancy 59.34%

when i try to start a program, like my antivirus, or VLC, or mozilla, or a lot of the options in the control panel, it asks me to choose a program to start the program with...i had the vista antivirus 2012 a month back, but i ran AVAST antivirus, and a couple of boot time scans says it's all gone...just kinda frustrating right now and wondering what i can do. any questions or comments are appreciated

thanksoh i'm running windows vista 64

A:double clicking is not working

Well...when did your problems with ineffective use of mouse...begin?

Often, when the files are scrambled, such things may occur.

Have you tried running the chkdsk /r command...and then following that with defrag of the Windows partition?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434785/double-clicking-is-not-working/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi. I have a razer copperhead mouse thus i can choose one of the sidebuttons to work as a double-click on just a click, yet the regular leftclick button can be used as doubleclicking too.

now, what i want is to have the left mouse button only working single-click. meaning removing the double-click option from that.
ive read to go folderoptions but that only makes my folders open on a singleclick. i dont want that.
changing the doubleclick speed on controlpanel-mouse AND on razer programs double-click speed, did nothing. its still there on the leftmousebutton.

Is there a program i can download that will remove the double-click-program on the leftmousebutton or is there a option I have yet to find on controlpanel?
ive read somewhere that someone solved the problem by going controlpanel-mouse and disable double-click but i have no "disable doubleclick" at all!! :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/turning-off-double-clicking-how-496186.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I have scanned my computer to find no threats but sometimes when I click open in new tab it opens in same page and new tab also if I open something it will open it twice can someone tell me what is wrong

A:Computer Keeps Double Clicking

Are you right clicking the link? What happens if you hold down the Ctrl key and click on the link as usual with left click?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345985-computer-keeps-double-clicking.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all,
Has any of you ever experienced this problem before, i set the DVD and bluRay drives to be associated with powerDVD however i have the following issue:
Works:
- If i insert the DVD/BluRay then powerDVD automatically launches
- If i right click on the DVD/BluRay then i can select "Play with powerDVD"

DOESNT work:
- If i try double clicking on the DVD/BluRay drives
- If i right click on the drives and press "Play"

When i say it doesnt work i mean windows throws up an error saying: "This file does not have an associated program for performing this action. Please install a program ..."
I know for a fact that i HAVE associated the drives with powerDVD yet it still complains!

If anyone have any idea how i can resolve this i would be very grateful

A:Double clicking on a DVD/BluRay does nothing!

You could set the program as a default.

Default Programs - Set a Program's Default Associations

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/113606-double-clicking-dvd-bluray-does-nothing.html
Relevancy 59.34%

hi guys,

i just backed up and reinstalled an advent laptop from the restore partition
because the cd rom drive was missing,its back now.
but now when i double click on an icon it wants to delete it.
even if i click on no...it keeps popping up to delete...what the...

the keyboard and touchpad are working fine

any ideas

A:double clicking wants to delete

Possible soluton:

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-11833-unable-to-open-d-by-double-clicking

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-clicking-wants-to-delete.907403/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey everyone, my tablet laptop (windows XP Tablet) starting having this problem where when I put in a USB Flash drive and I go to double click the F:\ drive for my USB under my computer, it opens my documents directory (or explorer) instead of the flash directory. I've done the Properties>Customize>Restore Default and the Control Panel>Folder Options>Restore Default + View>Restore Default & Reset All Folders. I think this problem has to do with installing driver software for my printer, but can't be too sure. Pretty sure I have to edit the registry somewhere, but don't know which key.
This is definitely not caused by my mouse, so please don't tell me to get a new mouse.

I've had a similar problem like this before such as when I open any folder, it opens search instead, but I was able to fix that. Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Double Clicking Problem

Have you tried other drives or USB ports?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120532/double-clicking-problem/
Relevancy 59.34%

ok, this is probably really easy to figure out, but i cant seem to do it... somehow i switched from double clicking to single everything. I NEED HELP THIS IS PISSING ME OFF!!! haha.

thanks for the help guys!!

A:double clicking instead of single

i think the option is to highlight an icon when you hover over it, but i cant find where to change it for the life of me, i know i have done it though.

it would make sense for it to be in the mouse options page, you might check there, i have additional software for my mouse to support all the extra buttons, so they may have neglected to put that option on the modified mouse page. thats where i would check first, it could also be in folder options.

edit: it is in folder options, just open any folder and select tools and folder options, it is at the bottom of the window that opens up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/double-clicking-instead-of-single-101836.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am running Excel2000. What I would like to do is double click on a cell and it will open another page. Is this possible? If so could some one tell me how to do this. Thanx.

A:double clicking a cell

Yes, it's possible.
Use Hyperlink under Insert menu.

TJ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-clicking-a-cell.100751/
Relevancy 58.91%

Cybertech I am suffering a virus on my Laptop first I managed to fix the problem of not being able to show hidden files and folders now I can t open the C by double click I have to right click and explore also I am sure there are many defects on my laptop so please try to help me fix it without format by clicking Unable C double open to Below is my Hijack file - Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c drivers audio r stacsv exe C Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostControlService exe C Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV Unable to open C by double clicking bin HostStorageService exe C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Unable to open C by double clicking Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C WINDOWS system AESTFltr exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager Docmgr bin WavXDocMgr exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exe C Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint Dell ControlPoint exe C Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint Security Manager BcmDeviceAndTaskStatusService exe C WINDOWS PixArt PAC Monitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exe C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitdm exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitnet exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system crypserv exe C Program Files Juniper Networks Common Files dsNcService exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Trusted Drive Manager TdmService exe C WINDOWS system CCM CLICOMP RemCtrl Wuser exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system CCM CcmExec exe C Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint System Manager DCPSysMgrSvc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files AVG AVG aAvgApi exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation infocard exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search orbitdownloader com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dll O - BHO Adobe P... Read more

A:Unable to open C by double clicking

Please can someone help me - my laptop is surely infected and I can't do anything - every scan I found W32/patched.bj and remove it by AVG please help me to clean my laptop and external drives.

Thanks.

Hijack file attached.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 1:35:37 PM, on 10/13/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16876)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\drivers\audio\r205445\stacsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Broadcom Corporation\Broadcom USH Host Components\CV\bin\HostControlService.exe
C:\Program Files\Broadcom Corporation\Broadcom USH Host Components\CV\bin\HostStorageService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\ASF Agent\ASFAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Juniper Networks\Common Files\dsNcService.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\Trusted Drive Manager\TdmService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CCM\CLICOMP\RemCtrl\Wuser32.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\DCPButtonSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CCM\CcmExec.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\System Manager\DCPSysMgrSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\AESTFltr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\ApMsgFwd.exe
C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\Services Manager\Docmgr\bin\WavXDocMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\SecureUpgrade.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\Dell.ControlPoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\Security Manager\BcmDeviceAndTaskStatusService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\HidFind.exe
C:\WINDOWS\PixArt\PAC7302\Monitor.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apntex.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitdm.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WIDCOMM\BLUETO~1\BTSTAC~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitnet.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.yahoo.com/search/ie.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://search.orbitdownloader.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = local
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - *{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe,
O2 - BHO: btorbit.com - {000123B4-9B42-4900-B3... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-c-by-double-clicking.857435/
Relevancy 58.91%

I've run across this twice now and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same and has a solution.

Twice since I've installed Windows 7 I've gotten into a state where double clicking my desktop folders does nothing. It appears that everything is still running, but I can't open anything new.

A screen refresh does nothing.

A reboot solves the problem.

Ideas?

Thank you!

A:Windows 7 - Double clicking folders does nothing

Is there a specific application you run before the issue occurs? Such as... let's say you open up an instance of Microsoft Visio.... and then the problem occurs.

What program, website, or game "causes" the issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/60851-windows-7-double-clicking-folders-does-nothing.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Well, a while ago I had a virus. Norton wasn't picking it up ((Big surprise)) so I got AVG. Without thinking I ran them both and my computer decided that that was the last straw of stupidities and cut out on me. I started it up, smote norton out of running automatically, but something was wrong.

The virus seems to have gone away, but whenever I double click on a program it only comes up with a box saying "What program do you wish to run this with?" The only way to start programs is to right-click and use start, or run as administrator. Generally this wasn't too big of a problem, but it does stop me from doing a few things. Now I want to fix this, and the sooner the better.

Can anyone help me?

I have a dell XPS, and I'm running Vista home premium.

A:Can not open programs by double clicking

Try this fix: EXEFIX

Unzip the fix and extract the .REG file to the Desktop. Right-click the .REG file and choose Merge. Note that you need to be an Administrator to apply this fix.

Reboot the computer.

If the fix only opens as a text file, right-click it and select Open With > Choose Program... Then, select the Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-open-programs-by-double-clicking.935538/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have seen the previous thread about this matter but instead of compl;icating it, i have started another one!
I have exactly the same problem; i double click on the icon but sceren goes black for 4-5 secs then back to desktop.
I have a brand new gaming computer with:
Windows XP SP2
ATI Raedon 9700 (supported)
128mb video card thingy
A supported sound card (Creative ......)
I am also virus and spyware free.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
David

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all Wasn t sure whether to put this in the Hardware forum but I figured that you guys would have more experience with these things I ve just bought my first graphics tablet it s a Wacom Bamboo A pad I ve never used one before and it s taking a bit of time to get used to but I m having a couple of tablet Digitising double-clicking problems It s great where it was intended to be used in Photoshop but anywhere outside of the canvas is a bit tricky The main problem is I can t single-click anything I touch the pen against the surface once but it registers it as taps and it s making everything very difficult I have adjusted the double-click speed in the control panel to both extremes but it doesn t seem to make a difference This means I cant select a file without it opening move a window because it Digitising tablet double-clicking maximises Digitising tablet double-clicking when i double-click on the title bar amongst other things The other problem seems to be because I have a dual monitor set-up When I try and write on the screen my handwriting appears really stretched length-wize Any help please Thanks in advance BTW I m running Vista Ultimate with two widescreen monitors if that helps nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/digitising-tablet-double-clicking.657843/
Relevancy 58.91%

I created a thread along time ago (Double clicking on a DVD/BluRay does nothing!) where i mention that double clicking on a DVD/BluRay drive does not autoplay the disc (or display the autoplay menu) but rather just opens the drive to view folders. I resolved this problem by editing registry as you can see from my top post. Months later now after i updated to Windows 7 Service pack 1 im back to the same friggin problem. Editing registry has not solved the problem because the values i added the last time are already there.

Can anyone please help me solve this problem?

A:Double clicking on DVD/BluRay does nothing Part 2...

Ok ive figured it out yet again by myself, once more a registry value had changed and this time it was in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT->DVD->Shell. The default value was blank for some reason and it should have been pointing to PlayWithPowerDVD10 so this is what the value needs to be. If anyone has a similar problem with another program like VLC for example just enter the value of PlayWithVLC.

Hope this helps anyone as no solutions i tried on the internet worked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/161164-double-clicking-dvd-bluray-does-nothing-part-2-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

so i dunno what i horked one day...but for the past year when i double click a folder ( i.e My Documents or files contained within ) i get the search box instead of the folder opening right up. In order for me to open a folder, i need to right-click and 'open'

any way for me to tweak this back into some sort of normalcy?

/McK

Relevancy 58.91%

"This files does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folders Options control panel."
This is what I get whenever I double-click a folder. I see that in the context menu, "Open" is still there, but the top option is called "Bulk Rename", a program I downloaded but uninstalled. I want to make "Open" the default again, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've messed around with Tools\Folder Options\File Types in an explorer window, but when I go into "Folders", it says that "Open" is the default.
Sorry if my explanation of the issue is complicated, but I'm basically stuck at this point.
Also: Command prompt appears twice in the "context menu" and I can't figure out how to make one of them go away...

Relevancy 58.91%

A friend of mine has a Compaq tower and runs Windows XP. He says that when he double clicks on any icon NOTHING happens. Sometimes the hour glass will appear, but it just "hangs" there....

Thanks for any help you can offer....Amy

A:nothing happening when double-clicking on any icon

Could be lack of ram or very slow processor, or to many programs running. how old is the compaq and whats the cpu and ram?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nothing-happening-when-double-clicking-on-any-icon.290324/
Relevancy 58.91%

I just "upgraded" my Windows 7 Pro system to 64-bit. Everything seems to be working fine, and my software is functioning OK.

My one small problem is that when I double click on a desktop icon, instead if this running the appropriate programme, it opens my Windows Explorer substitute (Directory Opus). It isn't a fault with the icon or link, as if I right click on the same icon and choose "Open", the programme runs normally.

I miss double clicking - how do I get it back?

A:After 64-Bit Upgrade double-clicking won't work

Quote: Originally Posted by Clearcomms

I miss double clicking - how do I get it back?

Try this:

Type "double" into the start button search box.

You should see a link to "specify single or double click to open".

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/342900-after-64-bit-upgrade-double-clicking-wont-work.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Running Windows XP Home edition.
As far as I know, my computer was running ok last night. This morning if I double click on a Desktop Icon, or an Icon in a folder, all I get is a box telling me that it is a short cut. No programmes or downloads have been added to this computer in over a week. I have transferred some photographs via my Network Connection.
I have tried to do a restore and cannot.
I have also found that if I right click on an Icon and Explore I can run a programme but it will not let me save any changes.
Using the right click method, I have managed to run Malwarebytes and CCleaner - nothing found.
Any help appreciated.
Thank you,
George.

A:Cannot open anything by double clicking Icons

Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.Please download DrWeb-CureIt and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:Double-click on drweb-cureit.exe to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current versionRead the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.The Express scan will automatically begin.
(This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
(This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)Now put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok.Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.When the scan is complete, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file(s) and select "Move incurable".In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200793/cannot-open-anything-by-double-clicking-icons/
Relevancy 58.91%
Relevancy 58.91%

Vaio VGN-FW510F with W7 Home Premium - This has happened a few times but I can usually fix it by running system restore. Whenever I try to open a folder by simply double-clicking, it brings up an error message stating that I do not have a program assigned to perform the requested action. I checked my defaults and windows search is assigned to handle folder browsing. The only way into the folders is to right-click and hit Open, but along with that, cmd (in bold) is the first option in the right-click menu. If I click it, it says the same thing as trying to double-click. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 58.91%

For some odd reason, I cannot open files. I double-click them and a message comes up (below). I even checked the folder options and it is set to double-click folders to open. The only way for me to open folders is to right-click and click open, but that's long.

Could anyone tell me how I can sort out my problem? I've tried system restore but that doesn't seem to work either, an error comes up

A:Can't open folders when double-clicking them

Hello saroy94, welcome to Seven Forums!

Have a look at this tutorial at the link below to see if it'll help; be sure to post back to keep us informed.

Restore Default Windows 7 File Extension Type Associations

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/111849-cant-open-folders-when-double-clicking-them.html
Relevancy 58.91%

i had a virus that affected all my drives
double clicking on the drives does nothing

i followed a dos guide that removed auto something.inf

but this still hasnt worked

i have run malware bytes scan and AVG8.5 and both found nothing

anybody experienced anything similar?

A:Solved: double clicking on drives does nothing

Try the "Drive Association Fix (Restores default settings for hard drives)" at the link below.

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-double-clicking-on-drives-does-nothing.866442/
Relevancy 58.91%

When i try to open my C drive from My computer i get quot recycler s- - - - - com quot I just took a backdoor worm off clicking open drive double can't C of this computer i also get redirected to a site when i try to google something it s called info-feed com heres my AVG scan results quot Scan quot quot Scan whole computer quot quot was finished quot quot Infections quot quot quot quot quot quot quot quot Folders selected for scanning quot quot Scan whole computer quot quot Scan started quot quot Wednesday April can't open C drive double clicking PM quot quot Scan finished quot quot Thursday April AM hour s minute s second s quot quot Total object scanned quot quot quot quot User who launched the scan quot quot BloodyRawr quot quot Infections quot quot File quot quot Infection quot quot Result quot quot C Documents can't open C drive double clicking and Settings BloodyRawr Desktop alot of stuff hackz Steam Hack Steam Hack EXE quot quot Virus identified Worm Agobot HEY quot quot Moved to Virus Vault quot quot C Documents and Settings BloodyRawr Desktop alot of stuff hackz Steam Hack Steam Hack EXE Royal exe quot quot Virus identified Worm Agobot HEY quot quot Moved to Virus Vault quot quot C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe quot quot Trojan horse Downloader Zlob r FF quot quot Reboot is required to finish the action quot quot C Downloads VideoCodec exe quot quot Virus found Win Heur dropper quot quot Moved to Virus Vault quot quot C Program Files Winamp Now Playing AutoHotkey script winamp now playing exe quot quot Virus identified Worm Autoit CJG quot quot Moved to Virus Vault quot quot C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - com quot quot Virus found Win Heur quot quot Moved to Virus Vault quot quot C WINDOWS TEMP tempo- tmp quot quot Trojan horse Downloader Zlob r FF quot quot Moved can't open C drive double clicking to Virus Vault quot quot Warnings quot quot File quot quot Infection quot quot Result quot quot C Documents and Settings BloodyRawr Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles a j j w default cookies sqlite quot quot Found Tracking cookie Atdmt quot quot Healed quot quot C Documents and Settings BloodyRawr Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles a j j w default cookies sqlite adrevolver com b d a quot quot Found Tracking cookie Adrevolver quot quot Moved to Virus Vault quot quot C Documents and Settings BloodyRawr Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles a j j w default cookies sqlite adrevolver com f cfcad quot quot Found Tracking cookie Adrevolver quot quot Moved to Virus Vault quot quot C Documents and Settings BloodyRawr Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles a j j w default cookies sqlite atdmt com b e b f quot quot Found Tracking cookie Atdmt quot quot Moved to Virus Vault quot quot C Documents and Settings BloodyRawr Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles a j j w default cookies sqlite m webtrends com b ca df quot quot Found Tracking cookie Webtrends quot quot Moved to Virus Vault quot quot C Documents and Settings BloodyRawr Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles a j j w default cookies sqlite advertising com a fb quot quot Found Tracking cookie Advertising quot quot Moved to Virus Vault quot quot C Documents and Settings BloodyRawr Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles a j j w default cookies sqlite burstnet com a a quot quot Found Tracking cookie Burstnet quot quot Moved to Virus Vault quot quot C Documents and Settings BloodyRawr Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles a j j w default cookies sqlite burstnet com c fe ebb quot quot Found Tracking cookie Burstnet quot quot Moved to Virus Vault quot quot C Documents and Settings BloodyRawr Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles a j j w default cookies sqlite media adrevolver com fed d quot quot Found Tracking cookie Adrevolver quot quot Moved to Virus Vault quot quot C Documents and Settings BloodyRawr Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles a j j w default cookies sqlite realmedia com quot quot Found Tracking cookie Realmedia quot quot... Read more

A:can't open C drive double clicking

From what you describe, it appears to be a USB flash drive infection which usually involve malware that modifies and loads an autorun.inf (configuration) file into the root folder of all drives (internal, external, removable) along with a malicious executable. When removable media such as a CD/DVD is inserted (mounted), autorun looks for autorun.inf and automatically executes the malicious file to run silently on your computer. In USB drives, it modifies Windows Explorer's right-click context menu and redirects to executing the malicious file if the "Open" command is used or double-clicking on the drive icon. When a flash drive becomes infected, the Trojan will infect a system when the removable media is inserted if autorun has not been disabled. To learn more about this risk, please read:Danger USB! Worm targets removable memory sticks.When is AUTORUN.INF really an AUTORUN.INF?.miekiemoes' Blog: Please disable Autorun asap!.Please insert your flash drive before we begin. Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to bypass the autorun feature and keep autorun.inf from executing automatically. Then download Flash_Disinfector by sUBs and save it to your desktop.Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run the tool and follow any prompts that may appear.If asked to insert your USB flash drive and other removable drives, please do so and allow the utility to clean up them as well.Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to keep autorun.inf from executing if it is present.Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.Reboot your computer when done.Note: As part of its routine, Flash Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that was plugged in when you ran it. Do not delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection by keeping the autorun file from being installed on the root drive and running other malicious files.Alternatively, you can download and use Panda USB Vaccine. Computer Vaccination will prevent any AutoRun file from running, regardless of whether the removable device is infected or not. USB Vaccination disables the autorun file so it cannot be read, modified or replaced by malicious code. The Panda Resarch Blog advises that once USB drives have been vaccinated, they cannot be reversed except with a format. If you do this, be sure to back up your data files first or they will be lost during the formatting process.Next download and scan with Dr.Web CureIt.Follow these instructions for performing a scan in "safe mode".If you cannot boot into safe mode, then perform your scan in normal mode. Be aware, this scan could take a long time to complete.-- Post the log in your next reply.Then download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop. Print out and follow these Instructions for scanning with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and perform a Quick Scan in normal mode.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217977/cant-open-c-drive-double-clicking/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all,
Has any of you ever experienced this problem before, i set the DVD and bluRay drives to be associated with powerDVD however i have the following issue:
Works:
- If i insert the DVD/BluRay then powerDVD automatically launches
- If i right click on the DVD/BluRay then i can select "Play with powerDVD"

DOESNT work:
- If i try double clicking on the DVD/BluRay drives
- If i right click on the drives and press "Play"

When i say it doesnt work i mean windows throws up an error saying: "This file does not have an associated program for performing this action. Please install a program ..."
I know for a fact that i HAVE associated the drives with powerDVD yet it still complains!

If anyone have any idea how i can resolve this i would be very grateful

A:Solved: Double clicking on a DVD/BluRay does nothing!

Ok after a good few months of trying and giving up in the process a few times (Phuck you microsoft for seemless user experience and wonderful support) i finally figured it out by messing around in the registry.
To solve this problem navigate in your registry to:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
DVD
Shell
Play
Command
In Command double click on the default (and if you are using powerDVD 10 for ex use this):
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" "%L"
For any other program specify the path and then whatever its play command is.

NOTE: When you do this for the DVD it also automatically works for blu-ray so this is clearly a bug in windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-double-clicking-on-a-dvd-bluray-does-nothing.952253/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a problem with my windows explorer. When I double click my C drive icon trying to open it, a searching window will be opened instead. I right click on the C drive again this time, a drop down menu shows "Search..." in bold letterhead (default action I suppose). I'm just wondering can I reset or change this setting? Please help, thank you.

A:Drive Double Clicking Problem

problem solved. thank you =)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drive-double-clicking-problem.242513/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey all, so i recently reformatted and got all my stuff back, but now i cant open up my pictures by double clicking on them. i can open them by going rightclick>open with, but thats just annoying. any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 58.91%

I have a WinNT4.0 machine with Office 2000 loaded. I attempted to open a file by double clicking the Word document Icon and received the message "Cannot find the file <filepath> or one of its components, make sure path and file name are correct.... Usually this can be corrected by clearing the DDE setting on the document type. Which I did. Now when I attempt to open the document by double clicking I get the error message "Document name or path is not valid". I have check all the permissions on the document and they are fine. I am able to open the document if I get into Word and do a File\Open. This also seems to be affecting my excel documents as well. I also created a test Word document and it has the same problem as well.

Any suggestions?

A:Can't opeb files by double clicking

I'd reinstall office that should take care of it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-opeb-files-by-double-clicking.125551/
Relevancy 58.91%

Please help me someone, if there is anyone out there.....

Until recently when I try to install a program by clicking on the .exe it causes me to get a blue screen saying something about a memory dump and proceed to reboot, it ONLY happens ALL THE TIME when I try to install ANYTHING from a simple program to a antivirus/spychecker program, I have no clue what it might be and I'm thinking of reinstalling XP, Its really annoying.

If ANYONE can please give me any input on this to help solve it I would greatly appreciate it.

A:Double clicking EXE's cause computer CRASHES

Please post the exact message displayed from the blue screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-clicking-exes-cause-computer-crashes.577430/
Relevancy 58.91%

i was trying to find a way to a hide my icons by double clicking with the mouse

im aware of that Fences program.

but doesnt windows 7 already come with a similar "Fence" program
i know that i have done it before when i first bought my computer, think it was called Gates?? but i could be wrong

idk but if anyone can shed some light on this subject it would be greatly appreciated

A:Hide icons by double clicking

What icons ? Where ?

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop...de-Icons.shtml

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265392-hide-icons-double-clicking.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Attach.zip
im able to access my drives only through the "explore" option.
every time i try to open c or d i get the message:
"C:\resycled\ntldr.com is not a valid Win32 application"
please helppppppppp!!!

A:can't access drive C or D by double clicking

Hello, snoofkin -

The DDS.txt is missing. Please run DDS once again, and post only the DDS.txt in the main reply window.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cant-access-drive-c-or-d-by-double-clicking-346577.html
Relevancy 58.91%

hello in a computer at work i have this problem when i double click on the C drive or D in My Computer it doesn t open but the Open With Tab opens so thats usually shows that there is some kind of virus or spyware on the PC so i ran all kinds of Antivirus and Antispyware on the PC and lot of the ones listed here and they cleaned a lot of virus but the problem persists when i right click on one of the drives it and press on OPEN or EXPLORE or SEARCH or anything it gives the same result the Open With tabs Opens is hould note here that i can access the drives normally from the Start gt run gt C and the information on them is intact i read somewhere on the net that i should a value in the registry but that also didn t work Any help i don t want to format HD thanks

A:Double Clicking On C: Or D: Opens The Open With Tab.

From what you describe, it appears to be a flash drive infection. Symptoms include the inability to open drives/partitions.Flash drive infections usually involve malware that loads an autorun.inf file into the root folder of all drives (internal, external, removable). When the removable media is inserted, autorun looks for autorun.inf and automatically executes a malicious autorun.bat file which calls wscript.exe to run autorun.vbs on your computer. When a flash drive becomes infected, the Trojan will infect a system when the removable media is inserted if autorun has not been disabled.Please insert your flash drive before we begin!Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.Reboot your computer when done.Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that is plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.Then perform at least one of these online Virus scans:(The following require Internet Explorer to work. Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component. If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)BitDefender Online Scanner <- Add a check by "Autoclean" and choose the option to "Quarantine".ESET Nod32 Online Scanner <- Vista compatible but Internet Explorer must be Run as Administrator.F-Secure Online Scanner. <- Follow the directions on the F-Secure page for proper Installation. (also checks for rootkits) (Vista compatible)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123664/double-clicking-on-c-or-d-opens-the-open-with-tab/
Relevancy 58.91%

For some reason a while back the default behavior for .txt files was changed from "Open" to "Print". I've checked in Folder Options and attempted to revert to default, but it doesn't appear to be working.

I also tried changing the default program associated with the .txt file type and it appears to stay notepad no matter what program I select.

A:Double Clicking Is Attempting To Print

See here: Default File Type Associations - Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/259604-double-clicking-attempting-print.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,
I installed a trial version of Acrobat Writer 6.0. After the trial was over, I uninstalled it planning on going back to the free reader to view PDFs. But after that, I could never open PDFs by simply double-clicking on them. I can open them by right-clicking, chosing "Open With" and then choosing Adobe Reader 6.0. I have tried uninstalling and installing Reader again (including deleting all acrobat folders). I also confirmed that Adobe Reader is selected as the program to open PDF files. Any ideas?
Thanks much,
v_roma

Relevancy 58.91%

I've double clicked on the aim icon. It doesn't come up. I've checked the task manager and it's not showing. I try to uninstall the program, but it says its running. I tried reinstalling, but it says its running. I restart the computer and again it doesn't come up. I think its a virus issue. Any help?

A:Double clicking on Aim doesn't bring it up

Go into safe mode and uninstall the program. If double clicking on the icon doesn't work, it might be just a broken shortcut.

Running an on-line virus check wouldn't hurt if you suspect a virus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-clicking-on-aim-doesnt-bring-it-up.274689/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, i just did a complete system restore, and now, when i double click on drive D, nothing happens. I have to right click it and select 'explore' to open it . If i click 'open', i get an error message saying : ' windows cannot find the specified devide, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item'
how do i give myself permission ?

Relevancy 58.91%

This just happened like an hour ago, whenever I double click or press ENTER on a *.zip file, it will pop up the "Search Result" window for me, it will not open the zip file for me and show me the files in the zip file. Now, I had to right click on any of the ZIP files, then choose "Open" inorder for me to view the files in the zipped file.
Can anyone help me fix this problem?
Thank you

A:Double clicking on ZIP file problem

try reinstalling Winzip & if that fails, go to file associations (if i remember correctly, in the folder options located under control panel) and make sure that *.ZIP files are to be opened by winzip.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/double-clicking-on-zip-file-problem-21442.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I m games in double clicking only Computer -- itself by having an issue where my computer is double clicking by itself but it only occurs when I m playing games For instance I play The Sims When I click on an object to use it the menu comes up and disappears almost instantly making it impossible to play I tried rebooting to no avail Also I play another game called Monster Mash If I click one of my towers to upgrade it same thing the menu comes up to upgrade and disappears instantly making this game unplayable as well Here s what I ve tried so far Rebooting Mouse double click speed in control panel Using a different mouse Spyware scanning as of the time of this post a virus scan is in progress Restarting the games Searching the web for similar issues Using my laptop s touchpad Disabling the touchpad and re-enabling Relevant information HP Pavilion dv OS Vista Home Premum SP Ram GB Processor AMD Athlon dual core GHz Any help is appreciated Also this issue just started happening today The computer worked fine up until this afternoon May th and no new software hardware has been installed nbsp

A:Computer double clicking by itself -- only in games

So, my girlfriend found the source of the problem for this today: Microsoft!

Apparently Microsoft released an update (KB9555430) on April 27th that installs through automatic updates. This "fix" is described as

"
Install this update to enable future updates to install successfully on all editions of Windows Vista. This update may be required before selected future updates can be installed. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. This update is provided to you and licensed under the Windows Vista License Terms.
"
on the Microsoft website. People all over the web have been having major issues with this update (taking 10 hours to restart their computers etc...). Mine so happened to just bomb out my games.

I had to restore my system to an earlier time to fix the problem because it wouldnt let me uninstall. I also turned off automatic updates so I wouldn't get this garbage again. My games now work.
So for anyone all of a sudden having massive computer issues in the last few days, check for this, get rid of it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-double-clicking-by-itself-only-in-games.825005/
Relevancy 58.91%

Recently I double by Can't drives clicking open purchased a built computer from a small PC shop I had trouble connecting to the internet so the technician who built Can't open drives by double clicking it came and added a network adapter card and changed some settings Not sure what he did After he left my drives were not detected at all not in My Computer nor in Device Manager so I did a system restore which got the drives back but then I had trouble connecting to the internet again So I undid the system restore and connected OK again A day later I noticed I could not open a disc by double clicking on the drive in My Computer I have two optical drives and it s the same with both drives I can right click and open to view Can't open drives by double clicking files but not play disc Movie nor music I can play them through the autoplay dialogue box though I went into safe mode and tried and they will play in there by double clicking the drive What happens when I try to play by double clicking the drive is I got a message first saying The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action Please install a program or if one is already installed create an association in the Default Programs Control Panel I checked the Default Programs and they were set properly Then when I tried double clicking the drives again got a different message This time saying Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item I also ran MalwareBytes and MSE in both normal and safe modes Nothing was detected either place I also went into Device Manager and uninstalled the drives and restarted my computer for them to be detected again and they were but still didn t correct the problem Is there a simple fix

A:Can't open drives by double clicking

OK, I am going to remove the other posts and move this to WIN 7 so you can get other ideas.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483659/cant-open-drives-by-double-clicking/
Relevancy 58.91%

when ever i double left click a folder in my C or D drive (with contents) it will bring up the search results window. I can still access the contents by right clicking -> open but its a little bit of a bother and i just cant seem to fix it.
THANKS =D

A:Double Left Clicking Issue

Welcome to TSG....

Every time I double-click a drive in my computer it opens a search instead of opening it. Use Internet Explorer for this download Mozilla does not work correctly.

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-left-clicking-issue.600147/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all I am new here

I am very thankful I found this site, as I usually have many issues with my cpu and do not know where to turn.

Anywho, onto my question....

When I am looking through my hard-drive and double-clicking on folders to open, instead of opening the folder, a command box appears. When I right click on the folder, the first option is "open command window here." the "open" option is like 7-options down on the list.

When I double click other icons, such as MY Computer>Hard Drive, I can open those. It just happens when I double click folders.

I think I was messing around with "Folder options" from the control panel a week ago when the problem first arose. Can someone help me retrace my steps and correct the issue, so I can open the folder by double clicking it?

thank you!!!!

A:Double clicking folders to open...

Yap, Pls try and be sure Ur PC has not been infected by Virus. If no Virus then go back to Control Panel, Open Folder Options, On the General Tab Click "Restore Defaults". Then open The View Tab in the same window Click "Restore Defaults Again" then click OK and close the window, U should not have this problem again.

Thanks.

Bye

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/double-clicking-folders-to-open-199945.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a PC running on XP Pro connected to a Linksys wireless router, using cable broadband. The PC has the usual programs like AVG, Zone Alarm, Pop-up stopper, SpyBot and Pest Patrol to protect my PC. And I religiously go to these vendor's site to download the latest patches.

However, lately I notice that whenever I click on anything... be that a simple OK to do something within any program, I have to click the button twice. I ran Spybot but Spybot did not show anything.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

A:Double-clicking to activate/launch anything

Possibly a faulty mouse button?

PS: Welcome to TSG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-clicking-to-activate-launch-anything.227718/
Relevancy 58.91%

When I click on anything I usually only have to single click to bring up whatever, about 50 percent of the time when I click on something it preforms a double-double-click and will bring up the next two pages of what ever, because the single clicks are performing twice.

I had a friend set up my computer two years ago and he fixed it so everything would perform with a single click instead of a double-click and I don't know how to fix the problem of the single click doing two double-clicks at once.

How do I fix so the single click will only perform one double-click at a time?

LQQK

A:Clicking/double-click problem.

i am assuming u are using windows 98/ME?

go to your control planel and open the mouse properties and you should be able to set it to your specs there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-double-click-problem.212007/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a problem where anytime I try to open(double click) a word, excel, pdf file icon etc. The computer freezes almost completely for about 4 minutes. Strangely when I disable the network connection the problem goes away. Files open immediately when you go to word and hit open file in the file menu. The computer is on a domain but this happens on both local and network folder files. Logged in as administrator and it does the same. None of this happens when logged into another machine. Recently upgraded to office 2007, but have unistalled and re-installed and tried 2003 and the problem remains. Running out of ideas, switched the NIC card today but that did not help either. This is a fairly new dell with XP. Thanks in advance-JV

A:Double Clicking freezes Computer

Change to single click to open.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-clicking-freezes-computer.703398/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi
I am a newbie here and i am here while searching a remedy for my prob in google..
So i had that annoying adult friend finder popup which i removed using avg.But after that whenever i boot my system(XP) it is showing an alert box sayig "kernal error" .After closing that alert when i try to double click any of my drives (after clicking my computer) the Open with box is showing. I have to use right click and open to get through my drives.Is there somebody who can help me here? thanks in advance
regards
Anoop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-when-double-clicking-drive.576639/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, yesterday my pc got infected with infected with the virus called vista anti-virus. After an hour or so, i got rid of the virus by using MBAM. Now, my problem is that whenever i double click on firefox,MBAM, and several other desktop programs they wont open! To get them to open, i have to right click and run as administrator. Also i've noticed that a few of the icons from the desktop toolbar (from the very bottom of the screen) are missing as well. My question is, how can I get things back to the way they were?
Thanx in advance!

A:Folders wont open by double clicking

I would try this first:

Default File Type Associations - Restore

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294078-folders-wont-open-double-clicking.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I can no longer double-click on a text file using Windows Explorer to open it. Even if I right-click and say "Open With", and then choose NotePad or Word Pad, it just does nothing. I can, however, open the files if I open them through NotePad or WordPad. This started happening after I was hijacked. With the help of Tech Support Guy Forums I got rid of the intrusion, but double-clicking still wont open my files. I am running Windows XP.
Thanks!

Relevancy 58.05%

Greeting

First of all let me apologize because my english is very bad but I will try my best.

I'm using Window7 64 bit on my laptop lenovo y510p
"The problem is when I double click on folder it alway open on new window instead of just open the folder"

I try to fix this problem by
1)http://www.davidmoore.info/blog/2009/08/19/solution-explorer-open-each-folder-in-same-window-error-and-sql-management-studio-ie-and-team-explorer-errors/
after use batch file and restart nothing happen and the problem still occur

2)use sfc /scannow
after scan complete it say found the problem but can not fix

3)uninstall internet explorer 11 
after uninstall the problem have solved but "Is there a way for me to install IE 11 and can get rid of this problem?" 

Any help will be appreciable, thank.

A:Double-clicking folders always open in new windows.

Backup your registry
Then, in Regedit, navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore
If the value under default setting isn't (value not set) or "none", please change it to that.
Reboot and see if it works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578299/double-clicking-folders-always-open-in-new-windows/
Relevancy 58.05%

What can i do? i have Windows vista, and it happened just after i went for an anti spyware scan from virgin media

Relevancy 58.05%

I have to right-click it and select "Explore". This is the only hard drive it does this on, how do I fix it?

A:Double clicking my hard drive won't open it

I think you should run a scan for computer viruses/trojans etc, i see this often and 90% its a viruses that got on the users comp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/double-clicking-my-hard-drive-wont-open-it-363720.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hiya guys, slight problem here.

One of our employees is having problems opening word documents by double clicking them in explorer. If you go into word and open it manually it works fine. I read the earlier solution about them being created with an earlier version of word, however, this is not the case. I created a temp doc and still could not open it by double clicking.

She is not having problems opening any other type of document. Just that one.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 58.05%

I have the most unique of problems I run Double on Repeatedly Clicking Only Programs Start a Programs Start Only on Double Clicking Repeatedly Intel Duo Ghz GB RAM Win XP Programs Start Only on Double Clicking Repeatedly Pro Office Running completely updated from Microsoft Update Have Kaspersky Internet Security x x Latest final version also running Recently my system behaves quite strangely While working on the machine frequently and suddenly I find it impossible Programs Start Only on Double Clicking Repeatedly to launch programs A program will launch only on double clicking repeatedly on it mabbe like - times Another fun factor is normally it goes off by restarting the system But at times it doesnt Then running a System Mechanic complete optimisation and restarting solves the problem Also another indication is at times I get a Windows Installer Service not running error But it always get solved by itself on a restart I download a lot from the net and my system is online most of the times and hence I shutdown once in a week or in two weeks for an hour only Would that be an issue with the new DEP function built on to the processor Just a wil Guess Anyways I disable DEP also on the machine and the problem persists If anyone knows anything about this please advise Regards Don nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-start-only-on-double-clicking-repeatedly.581484/
Relevancy 58.05%

I was trying to a Double file clicking fails to 7-Zip open make some changes to -Zip file associations and have managed to lose the ability to open a -Zip file with a z extension by double clicking it with the left mouse button All other operations work fine I can open a file from the main program I can right click it to get into Double clicking fails to open a 7-Zip file the -Zip context menu and open it either directly or by using quot open with quot which tells me that the default program is -Zip I can extract files from a -Zip archive In other words I can do everything except open a -Zip file by double clicking it If I do this the program hangs and the little round circle flickers rapidly The only way to stop this is to log off and log back on If I go to Control Panel - gt Default Programs - gt 'Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program' there is no sign of a z extension However there is a z extension associated with -Zip and if I change the z extension to z on a file I can now open it with -Zip by double clicking I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the -Zip program to no effect So is there any way to get my double click back

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/380367-double-clicking-fails-open-7-zip-file.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi

When I am in Explorer and Double Click a Folder to open it the folder doesn't open but the Properties Dialog box appears...

How can I stop this when it happens.

Perhaps I am hitting a key combination to cause this behavior. I'm not to sure..

Thank you..

A:In Explore Double Clicking a Folder gives Properties

Sounds like your left click is reversed with the right. If you are doing a left clikc do a right click instead. This can be changed in Conrtrol Panel Mouse

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/89947-explore-double-clicking-folder-gives-properties.html
Relevancy 58.05%

My girlfriend was playing around with the settings on her folders and she somehow switched the main function of folders to search instead of open, and I can't seem to get it to go back. I even went into the settings where I shuold be able to switch it, clicked default etc, tried switching the functions but it won't let me do anything. Any help would be great.

A:Double clicking a folder searches it instead of opening it.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

#18 right side..."Search opens when double clicking a folder"

To use the Regedits: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-clicking-a-folder-searches-it-instead-of-opening-it.285191/
Relevancy 58.05%

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum...

So on this new laptop that I installed XP Home SP2 on fresh -- I'm noticing that when I double click on something (to open a folder or run a program, etc.) with my wireless mouse, about 15% of the time, it doesn't "work" and I have to double-click again. It's as if one of the clicks didn't take (or maybe even both of them). This doesn't happen on my old laptop with the same wireless mouse. And I have the mouse about six inches from the USB receiver.

Any thoughts as to why this is? Settings? Something malicious? (Though AVG hasn't caught anything, and I haven't been on the internet too much with the new laptop...)

Thanks!

A:Double-clicking Doesn't Always Work The First Time

Do you have this same problem is you use a wired mouse?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122931/double-clicking-doesnt-always-work-the-first-time/