Windows Support Forum

Site installed .exe - tried to fix and think I deleted something important

Q: Site installed .exe - tried to fix and think I deleted something important

A song lyric site installed something called MOSC exe It asked for internet access as installed think important deleted fix something and tried Site to I - .exe quot client quot and I immediately said No Site installed .exe - tried to fix and think I deleted something important and made a rule to Block it Spybot didn t find it but Hijack This showed it as an -Run entry in System I checked there and saw that it had been installed today Before I could work on deleting it another user HAD to get on the computer so I let her switch to her screen She now has a Windows Media Player setup icon in her tray Then I went back to my screen to see if Hijack could delete the MOSC exe file I m sorry I didn t check with you first I got carried away I deleted it PLUS a local hosts file That was wrong of me Hijack This says it can t open the hosts file and if something is in there that needs to be deleted I m sunk Plus I deleted one other thing that had a very weird name I d never seen before and was some kind of Extra Toolbar Button That was probably okay to get rid of but the local hosts file I blew it It is in HT backup but I can t open it and don t know how to restore it I will leave the MOSC exe deleted I m SO sorry I didn t check with you first I thought I was doing the right thing I m an idiot nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Site installed .exe - tried to fix and think I deleted something important

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Site installed .exe - tried to fix and think I deleted something important

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/site-installed-exe-tried-to-fix-and-think-i-deleted-something-important.218850/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi My PC has been running a bit slow lately so I decided to try and delete some unnecessary files A friend recommended and sent me a program called 'eraser' which supposedly deletes unneccessary files the hard drive otherwise can't reach I also used speedisk to do a defrag and used disk cleanup to get rid of some of the built up junk After I used 'eraser' I noticed some problems with my PC - A Now all websites I view are all in the same font a font that previously wasn't used Mozilla Firefox browser B Every time I open a word application Microsoft Word of Lotus Word Pro I get an error message and something help Deleted need important, the application has to shut down Deleted something important, need help C All over the place words are simply not showing up on the screen I open Nero and the directories have invisible file names I open ZoneAlarm's main menu and all I can see is the background but no words I've obviously deleted something important just wondering if anyone had any ideas what to do and if anyone's seen this type of thing before Zonealarm menu now - Any help will be appreciated

A:Deleted something important, need help

I have now performed a system restore and everything has gone back to normal.
Does this system restore mean that I have to defrag my hard drive again?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/deleted-something-important-need-help-60558.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Thank you for taking your time to look into my problem! You see, when I boot up my brand new laptop, I get these two messages:I would like to apologize beforehand. I am using the danish translated Microsoft Windows XP Professional; Version 2002; Service Pack 3.I will translate to the best of my ability."Error while loading E:\WINDOWS\system32\fmniqhhh.dllThe given module was not found.""Error while loading E:\WINDOWS\system32\uarhjyh.dllThe given module was not found."I'm pretty sure I got the "given module" part wrong, but it's clear enough, right?I have no idea what to do! Is there a kind soul who will lend me a hand, out there? Thanks!

A:I Seem To Have Deleted Some Important .dll's! Help Me?

Hi .First...why is your O/S on an E: partition?What do you mean when you say that you might have deleted whatever? It would help if we knew what those files that are cited...are.Why not simply do a repair install of XP?How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if Internet Explorer 7 is installed - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=917964 Perform a Repair Installation - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...ips/doug92.mspx Or run sfc /scannow?scannow sfc - LEARN how to use SFC.EXE (system file checker) in this article! - http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html Finally...have you scanned for malware? Those references could be an indication.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158742/i-seem-to-have-deleted-some-important-dlls-help-me/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have saved over an excel file and really need to get the original back. How do I do this?

Relevancy 58.48%

Somehow I managed to delete some major files. I'm running Win98. When I go to control panel and try to access any of the icons I get an error the "rundll32.exe is linked to missing export kernel32.dll:ActivcteActCtx
Before I got this error I was getting rundll.exe was missing. I copied that file from my laptop (runs XP). Obviously I messed up but don't know what to do next without making things worse.
Thanks for any ideas.

Relevancy 58.48%

I use Windows XP Pro on my office computer. Its not permitted to have internet connection so i cannot do any online fixes.
I noticed a warning mentioning a kavo.exe(virus) application so i ran my antivirus/antispyware and they detected 100+ infected files. I deleted them all. Now my windows is not operating properly.
So far this is what i've noticed to be malfuntioning
1. I cannot open my harddisk by doubleclicking them. if i do, a prompt would open asking me what program to use to access it.
it has affected both partitions.
2. The 'Show hidden files' option in Folder Options isnt working.

I've tried using System Restore but it didnt work
worse thing is, my PC detected the kavo.exe again.

Will i be able to save my drive without reformatting?
If so, please advise how.
Also, i need to know if i can Repair my Windows OS
Thanks in advance!

A:Might Have Deleted Important Os Files

kavo.exe can be a difficult infection to remove as it modifies the registry and drops other files on your system which need to be identified and removed as well.Some types of malware can result in a system so badly damaged that a Repair Install will NOT help!. Reinstalling Windows without first wiping the entire hard drive with a repartition and/or format will not remove the infection. The reinstall will only overwrite the Windows files. Any malware on the system will still be there afterwards. Starting over by wiping your drive, reformatting, and performing a clean install of the OS removes everything and is the safest action. Please read:"When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?""Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?""Where to draw the line? When to recommend a format and reinstall?"Should you decide not to follow that advice, we will do our best to help clean the computer of any infections. If you wish to proceed, please do the following.Please read the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log" and complete all the steps. There are instructions for downloading and running Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) which will create a hijackthis log for you, or automatically download and install the most current version of HijackThis if it's not already installed on your computer.When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day. Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix. After doing this, we would appreciate if you post a link to your log back here so we know that your getting help from the HJT Team.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156898/might-have-deleted-important-os-files/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there, i normally play music on my laptop thru creative media source, the software that comes with the zen mp3 player, and i occasionally use windows media player. Upon trying to free up some space on my C drive, i deleted lots of music etc being very careful, but i wonder if iv deleted something i shouldn't as now i can play no music either on creative or wmp.
Creative media source says 'Unable to open the necessary device(s) for playback. It may be in use or unavailable'
WMP says there is a problem with my sound device. Either it is in use by another program or i do not have one.
This happens on stored music and cd's. Im guessing i've done something to my sound device, probably deleted it. What can i do to fix it? Thanks. JC

A:Deleted important file?

Look in Device Manager and see if there is any problems indicated for your sound drivers. Also, do you have any system sounds still functional?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleted-important-file.429295/
Relevancy 58.48%

So i had a issue with a blank data file 0byte being stuck in my download folder for a few days and came across a post to open cmd and delete it using "DEL /F /S /Q /A "Location"
i Accidently deleted my entire download folder rather than just the 1 file and am wondering if theres a way to undo / restore this. ive lost alot of important files.

A:HELP Deleted important files.

Not very sure that the following will help, but no harm in trying.

Download the portable (self-extracting) Glary Utilities 6169KB, Glary Utilities Builds - Clean Registry, Fix PC Errors, Protect Privacy | Glarysoft on a different PC and extract it to a pendrive. Plug in the pendrive on the PC on which you want to recover the Download folder and run Integrator_Portable.exe. Under File Management, click on Restore deleted files, scan your drive, check whether you can find the files in good condition to copy it. Copy it to some other location/ folder on a different external drive/pendrive and then move/copy it to the original location.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/378967-help-deleted-important-files.html
Relevancy 58.48%

So this is what I did. I wrote a very important essay due tomorrow. I highlighted all of my documents and dragged them onto the C:\ drive. From the C:\ drive I dragged them into the recycle bin and then deleted them from there. I restarted my computer and noticed that I don't have any documents at all!! Can somebody please help me retrieve them??? I really need them and your help will be highly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

A:I deleted a document that is very important!!! Please help me!!!

Welcome to Vistax64.

I've personally never had to use any program to recover anything (never deleted anything I didn't want to).

Although you can try Uneraser if you would like.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/256895-i-deleted-document-very-important-please-help-me.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hello everyone. i own a pc with windows 200 pro on it and recently i have been infected with a virus. i have a virus scan on my computer and it seemed to be a dangerous virus to it so i deleted it, with doing so it has deleted the file. the file and p[ath to is C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\SYSTEM32.EXE and now everytime i start up my pc it comes up wth a warning window saying that the path to and the libraries are not found. what should i do? is there any way of getting them back? i dont even have the windows disks to put it back on.
please help me. its urgent.

andrew

A:please help me. i have deleted an important file

Welcome to TSG, Andrew.

First let's re-assure you. You haven't deleted an important file, System32.exe is NOT a windows file.

I would like you to do the following:

Go to this site, and download 'Hijack This!'.

Unzip it, launch Hijack This, then press Scan, and press Save Log

This will generate a text file that will list all running processes, all applications that are loaded automatically when you start Windows, and more.

open that file
Go to Edit | Select all
Now click Edit | copy to copy it
Come back to TSG, Right Click and paste its contents here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-i-have-deleted-an-important-file.152271/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all,

I was trying to remove spyware from a pc and read an article here about using autoruns to remove suspiscious entries. it turns out that Like a dope I didn't backup the registry and seem to have removed to much.

when I start the computer it starts just fine loads up, but whenever I try to open a program Internet explorer, control pannel etc I get "Windows cannot find 'program'" error I don't get this error if I open a text file. the error contains the whole path to the program, and I am able to explore to there and see the file so the error makes no sense.

I thought I would try running through command prompt and tried to run CMD. I got the same error "Windows cannot find CMD"

Thanks
Kevcri

A:Deleted Important Autoruns

Sounds like a repair install might work...it would replace any missing/damaged system files.Autoruns reflects all sorts of information, users need to be aware of what tab they are dealing with. The Logon tab is the tab to focus on if trying to manage startup items, while the other tabs reflect some key Windows files in various subsets.How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if Internet Explorer 7 is installed - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=917964 Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/144979/deleted-important-autoruns/
Relevancy 58.48%

My girlfriend had downloaded a virus and I was in the process of getting rid of it and when I wasn t home she went in and didn t realize I was working on it and tried to find what she downloaded and get rid of it so she started deleting files she thought might be the problem and ended up deleting files needed for windows xp After she did this we can no longer install any kind of software Every time I turn the laptop on a message comes up saying it is preparing to install but it doesn t say what and then an error message pops up saying it can t install I have to hit cancel like times to get it to go away or else it will just keep trying over and Deleted software important over The sam thing happens when ever I try to download or install any kind of software or when I try to update acrobat or any similar programs I also can t open certain programs How do I indentify what program is Deleted important software missing Deleted important software and how do I replace it I have a Dell Inspiron purchased spring It is running Windows XP Thank you for any help you can give nbsp

A:Deleted important software

the best way is to do a system restore.
Start>all programs> accessories>system tools>system restore

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleted-important-software.794507/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey guys,

I have recently deleted a picture from my computer about 2 days ago. I am sure I deleted it and emptied the Recycle Bin. Is there any way to retrieve this file back? I have done a lot of searching, and used many "Undelete" programs, but they all give me thousands of images that are from my temporary internet folders...

Is there any way to specify a narrow search for this? I remember the picture to be around 200-300 Kilobytes...

Been trying for the past few days to find this picture and restore it, but no luck.

If anyone knows of any program that can assist me, please let me know. Or how I would go about manually doing this.

Thanks.

A:Deleted an important picture...

Hi Vinh88

Welcome to the forum

Have tried a System restore back to a time before you deleted the picture?

Just could work

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/deleted-an-important-picture-204450.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Uhm hi i used hijack this and i thought when u scanned all of the stuff were viruses so i removed them all, later to find out it says not all files are dangerous and some are innocent, but lucky me the files got deleted and the backups were gone cause i deleted them, and now im using a different computer to post. I think like i killed some dlls in like system32 and some things and now i cant surf the web on that comp can anyone help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidentally-deleted-some-important-files.621418/
Relevancy 57.62%

Yea I did something stupid and deleted some part of my registry, I just don't remember what it is. Now when I try to click on My Documents, My Computer, and Control Panel, the error message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action...." Anybody know what I might have done? Thanks.

A:Deleted some important registry values. I think...

i don't know what you did but try going to the windows download centre,they allow you to scan your computor and will give you any vital components that are found to be missing

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/deleted-some-important-registry-values-i-think-233295.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I run ComboFix to get rid of the spyware, I got rid of it but in the process ComboFix deleted some of my files and placed them in Qoobox.
How can I get those files back?Its really important as I invested lots of time on working with these files, they are .xml type ones.
Also for finding them I used Pandora Recovery, I was able to recover these files with it but they were all 0KB.
Thank you for your time.

A:ComboFix deleted some of my important files

First:No one should be using ComboFix unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. When issues arise with new malware infections or other security tools conflicting with ComboFix, experts are aware of them and can advise users what should or should not be done while providing assistance. Those attempting to use ComboFix on their own do not have such information and are at risk when running the tool in an unsupervised environment. Please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here. What specific issues are you having that requires using ComboFix?Compliments of QuietMan7Second:Please follow the instructions in ==>Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide<==.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.Most importantly please be patient till you get a reply to your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436677/combofix-deleted-some-of-my-important-files/
Relevancy 57.62%

From Win 7 msconfig, I deleted an important Win 7. How to restore starting up Win 7 (i.e. dual boot) again?

Greetings,
From Win 7 Ultimate, I used msconfig and deleted Win 7 from Boot tab.
but that win 7 has very important files that i need (I did not format/delete the partition. I deleted only the "Windows 7" from the Boot tab using msconfig in Win 7). Could I restore the dual boot capability again? CAn i restore my deleted files ?

Thank you.

A:In Win 7 msconfig, I deleted an important Win 7. CAn i restore it ?

You can use BCDEDIT / create to do this but I think it's easier to use EasyBCD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/306324-win-7-msconfig-i-deleted-important-win-7-can-i-restore.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Help! accidentally deleted important file. How can i get it back?

A:Help! accidentally deleted important file

DO NOT USE THE COMPUTER THE FILE WAS ON. Use another comp to follow this up if you can.

How did you delete it ; from Windows Explorer? Did you delete it, or just send it to the Recycle Bin? If you sent it to the Bin, it'll still be there, you can just restore it from there (assuming your system isn't set up to ignore the Bin). If you deleted it w/out sending it to the Bin, even that doesn't wipe it from your HD, it just marks it as "can be overwritten" so that as your comp "does stuff" over time, it'll start to go. If it's been marked for overwriting, you may need to take on (& pay for) a data recovery firm.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-accidentally-deleted-important-file.301998/
Relevancy 57.62%

.net framework 4.030319 error.

I've been trying to install all the .net frameworks and I tried installing SP1 because apparently I don't have that either so I can't check for updates to get the net framework.

Help if you can

A:Think I deleted something important, can't open certain things.

Im pretty sure you need SP1 to get the Netframework update.

In your WindowsUpdate screenshot, click on the need help, It should take you to the troubleshooter, run that and post the error report.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376596-think-i-deleted-something-important-cant-open-certain-things.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Please help, I was manually deleting a virus on my computer because no antivirus software could detect it and in the process I accidentally deleted a couple of system files, i think one of them was spider.exe, now my programmes wont open properly, only some of them will open and i have to right click and run as administrator for it to actually open, i really don't want to restore my computer, does anyone have any suggestions. I'm running windows 7, starter pack of that makes any difference

Relevancy 57.62%

Somehow i deleted some of my files. Those were very much important.

Now plz tell me which software will be best to r recover these files. I probably deleted these files 2 days back. And files were deleted from c drive.

PLZ help.

(im using win sp2, HDD format is NTFS, HDD size is 320 GB)

Relevancy 57.62%

Hey,

My virus scan (AVG) detected a virus in a file called wininet.dll so me, being an idiot just deleted the file. Big mistake. A number of programs would not run. Internet Explorer, a digital camera program, Jasc PSP etc...

So I thought no big deal. I went downstairs to my other computer, burned a fresh copy of wininet.dll onto a CD and went back upstairs to the troubled computer. I put the freshly burned copy of wininet.dll back into C:\Windows\System32\ where it belonged then I rebooted thinking problem would be solved.

Wrong.

Programs will not work still and I have a new error:

dwwin.exe - entry point not found

Error: The procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll
I have no clue where to go from here. So I will wait patiently for help.

Thanks!

A:Stupid Me. Deleted an important file

Try this ... remove that .dll, once again... ;-) Put your Windows disk in, then go to Start / Run ... in the command line type sfc /scannow Then press Enter. Once it's done it's thing restart and see if that's done any good...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stupid-me-deleted-an-important-file.408762/
Relevancy 57.62%

I used this program called EasyCleaner and I deleted quot unnecessary files quot Turns out I think I deleted some really needed files Easycleaner Files Important Deleted something in Easycleaner Deleted Important Files the folder MSO-CACHE or something I tried system restore it didn t work I tried to restore to an earlier time it wouldn t let me click next I also deleted some quot invalid quot registry entries and it might have screwed my computer up even more I Easycleaner Deleted Important Files lost all my firefox bookmarks My firewall sometimes stops working Some of my programs can t open My computer is lagging soooo much I have a log of deleted registry entries I think The program allows you to quot undo quot them but because I deleted those quot unnecessary files quot I think it won t allow me to undo the changes I would add them back in manually but that would take forever and I would only do it if it was the last thing left to try My CD-ROM drive doesn t work and I was supposed to write something itno a CD really soon this is horrible sobs Anyone know how I can fix this If not I ll have to go to GeekSquad or something haha but I ll have to pay money - - another option may be to reisntall all my programs but ugggggggggh any help i practically live on my computer Moderator Edit Moved topic to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:Easycleaner Deleted Important Files

Now you know why people warn about using registry cleaners and to backup important items. Does the program itself have a backup file setting or restore feature of any kind so you can undo what you've done?
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99496/easycleaner-deleted-important-files/
Relevancy 57.62%

OS Windows XP My internet does not work i have a router and the internet connection on the other computer is working perfectly fine So I don t think it has anything to do with my ISP Just downloaded that Lavasoft spyware removal thing did a smart scan and had two folders in qurantine sp i had no idea important.. i to think connect Can't Internet, deleted something what I was reading when I checked through them alot of cookies and all sorts of stuff then Can't connect to Internet, think i deleted something important.. I deleted them A few minutes later my internet stopped working so I restarted my computer and it took a good minutes just to load from the Welcome Screen I tried to run my old spyware removal thing from Computer Associates PestPatrol but it Can't connect to Internet, think i deleted something important.. said to me that Windows sockets initialization failed quot I have no idea what WindowSockets are but what PestPatrol tries to do is log into the internet to check for updates Can't connect to Internet, think i deleted something important.. as soon as I open it this time it had an error I m using the other computer to type this anyone have any ideas as to what happened I don t know how to collect the computer specs Regards nbsp

A:Can't connect to Internet, think i deleted something important..

Welcome to TSG....

Reset Windows XP TCP/IP

Go to Start, Run Type in the Open box CMD &#8211; this will open Command Prompt box (Black)

At the C:\ prompt type the line below:

netsh winsock reset

Click the X in the upper right corner

When done reboot the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-internet-think-i-deleted-something-important.517520/
Relevancy 57.62%

In my feeble attempt to remove the annoying wgatray.exe, I accidentally deleted an important file which prevents me from logging into Windows. The problem is, I don't know which file(s).

When I started Windows, the usual blue welcome screen didn't appear, instead a box to input my username and password popped up. After inputting, my background picture appeared, along with the usual Windows startup tune. However, after a few seconds, before even loading anything, Windows started to shut down, along with the familiar 'saving your settings' pop-up box.

I've just installed another Windows in order to create this post. I just need to know which file(s) are needed for me to start up my original Windows. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

A:Accidentally deleted an important file

welcome
if you could boot to the original windows partition..change the boot order in your bios to boot from the rom first.

[ do you have a legitimate windows cd ] ?

do a repair install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/accidentally-deleted-an-important-file-106262.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I run ComboFix to get rid of the spyware I got rid of it but in the process ComboFix deleted files of some my ComboFix deleted important some of my files and placed them in Qoobox How can I get those files back Its really important as I invested lots of time on working with these files they are xml type ones Also for finding them I used Pandora Recovery I was able to recover these files with it but they were all KB Thank you for your time I have also not found any of this files in C QooBox QuarantinePandora recovery shows that the files are located at C Qoobox Test but theres not a folder there at all DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Fruli Luli at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT AV Norton AntiVirus Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ComboFix deleted some of my important files ACF SP Norton AntiVirus Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system AUDIODG EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system atieclxx exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k apphostC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exeC Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exeC Windows system NLSSRV EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesService exeC Program Files Common Files VMware USB vmware-usbarbitrator exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system vmnat exeC Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exeC Windows system svchost exe -k iissvcsC Program Files TrustPort DataShredder bin wipesrv exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exeC Windows system vmnetdhcp exeC Windows system SearchIndexer ComboFix deleted some of my important files exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Microsoft Games minesweeper minesweeper exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Program Files Pandora Recovery PandoraRecovery exeC Program Files Notepad notepad exeC Program Files ComboFix deleted some of my important files Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Windows explorer exeC Windows system vssvc exeC Windows System svchost exe -k swprvC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system conhost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp eu ask com o amp l dismStart Page hxxp www bigseekpro com burn free A -B - C - F- CA F E F uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localmURLSearchHooks H - No FilemURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Updater For Spam Free Search Bar a be - fd - - -ce d c fdfc - c program files blekkotb auxi blekkoAu dllBHO Spam Free Search Bar c e c- - be -a - e f b e - c program files blekkotb blekkoDx dllBHO EWPBrowseObject Class f e- - ... Read more

A:ComboFix deleted some of my important files

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.I would ike to see a report that combofix makes.extra combofix reportpush the "windows key" + "R" (between the "Ctrl" button and "Alt" Button)please copy and past the following into the box
C:\Qoobox\ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt
click okcopy and paste the report into this topic for me to reviewGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436738/combofix-deleted-some-of-my-important-files/
Relevancy 57.19%

Please help me I just got a laptop weeks and off something have can't my important may deleted accidentally computer I Solved: ago and I downloaded something and as i attempted to remove it i accidentally deleted Solved: I may have accidentally deleted something important off my computer and can't something called intel something and i could not get on the web after that and i trited to restore but that did not work then it said i could turn system restore off and on again to create new point now i cant restore back to before i uninstalled this important quot software i don t know what else to do i have a wireless connection but it says a network cable is unplugged and something about a firewall i think i really messed it up after i uninstalled what that was please please help i am waiting for microsoft now to call me back but i don t know if they will charge me gt if there is another option to restore my computer to the state it was in before i made that idiot move that would be great thank you so much for helping nbsp

A:Solved: I may have accidentally deleted something important off my computer and can't

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-may-have-accidentally-deleted-something-important-off-my-computer-and-cant.1085248/
Relevancy 57.19%

Wow.......It actually moved it all into "Saved Games".....I have no clue why it would do that.
But thank god it didn't actually get deleted.

A:Very Important File Got Deleted After I Updated Windows

Run Shadow Explorer, go to a restore point (shadow) from before the mishap, navigate to the folder and right click on it > Export. Then you recovered it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/81788-very-important-file-got-deleted-after-i-updated-windows.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there,

A few days ago i extracted some files from a disk onto my pc. When i extracted the files i wiped the disk straight after. finished what i was doing an shut down pc in normal way.
In the last few day i have deleted some files and run diskcleanup but the only problem is was i deleted all my important work.
I have tried using some file recovery progs but they aint working. These files are photos of my children from when they wer little but to me there important, is there any way of getting these back.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Thanks in advanced
Sheepy

Relevancy 57.19%

Here's my situation after running a memory test my PC restarted and then went to Chkdsk After scanning in Stage It scanned the index files .dll an Chkdsk important file Accidentally deleted if I Chkdsk Accidentally deleted an important .dll file can remember and then it showed that quot something quot explorer dll is unindexed Chkdsk tried to find the host but it didn't find it and it was deleted After that my PC restarted and then on log-on screen during quot Welcome quot a popup appeared saying quot something quot explorer dll is missing and after quot Welcome quot its was all black I tried to run taskmanager Chkdsk Accidentally deleted an important .dll file and then manually started explorer exe but quot something quot explorer dll is missing I system restore my PC and it worked properly explorer exe is working fine now Its ok now that its works normally now but what will I do to prevent Chkdsk deleting that dll file I don't have a recovery disk Also I wrote this thread during safe mode so I can make sure Chkdsk Accidentally deleted an important .dll file that everything is working fine for now System Specs OS Windows Home Basic -bit Build CPU Pentium Dual Core CPU E GHz Memory MB RAM Samsung rx PC u GPU Intel G Express Chipset HDD's Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB The drive that was Chkdsk Western Digital BEV External HDD GB

A:Chkdsk Accidentally deleted an important .dll file

Chkdsk has messed me over pretty good a couple times. I try to avoid using it at all costs.
my 2 cents.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262248-chkdsk-accidentally-deleted-important-dll-file.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi

I'm trying to help my neighbour who deleted her XP login profile. I can recreate the profile but there were some Word docs on the desktop of the deleted profile she'd like back if possible. They aren't in the any recycle bin and (you guessed it.....no she didn't take a backup of them).

Is there any way to recover these files?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Gav

A:Win XP - user profile deleted with some important files!

I have seen this used with success, but I myself have never used it -

Worth giving Recuva a go.

Here is my backup tutorial for your perusal. Lots free with a couple I use that cost.......but worth every penny in my opinion.

Good luck,

kind regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-user-profile-deleted-with-some-important-files-474720.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hi guys i did a total system cleaning last night including running bitdefender ad aware uninstalled unneeded programs etc well i recieved a virus in an opera cache file which i deleted i OoOps!, info deleted accidently important also deleted my mozilla firefox cache folder when doing this i did not think about losing my roboform saved info and my many many many many important bookmarks so sure enough i lost both s information i then did a system restore to yesterday but still no files I got the trial version of quot Get my files quot and system mechanic but still no luck i also tried quot hi guys i did a total system cleaning last night including running bitdefender ad aware uninstalled unneeded programs etc C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Mozilla Firefox is the OoOps!, accidently deleted important info directory i am trying to undelete i deleted it about hours ago and it has the defaults now and i was wondering if anyone could help me get this information back it is very important to me and i would be very very thankful your friend from new orleans John Rucker nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Help! accidentally deleted important file. How can i get it back?

A:Help! accidentally deleted important file. How can i get it back?

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/welcome.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-accidentally-deleted-important-file-how-can-i-get-it-back.301999/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi as the title says I deleted important registry files It was accidental I wanted to uninstall files! Solved: registery Deleted important microsoft office pro plus or something like that with Revo Uninstaller Pro because I wanted to make Solved: Deleted important registery files! sure nothing was left behind However after I deleted it with the scan for leftovers it asks you if you want to delete leftover registry and then leftover files and folders my computer started to up My theme changed to the basic grey thing when I want to navigate the Internet it doesn t work I knew I did something wrong so I wanted to restore my PC using system restore However even that isn t working When I go on the page after clicking on system restore it gives me an error with about a shadow file or idk I m not on my PC right now because Internet doesn t work as said above I can t even click on a restore Solved: Deleted important registery files! point because of that error I can however boot normally so that at least is good I Solved: Deleted important registery files! am extremely confused Please help Is Revo uninstaller a good or bad thing considering what it did to my PC or more what I did to it by trusting them Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I m not sure this is the right forum to post this if not let me know The Problem I accidentally deleted some important data from a hard drive I desperately want to rescue at least some of it It is a folder containing a large number of digital photos This is what I ve done accidentally deleted files deleted the three partitions that were on the drive and made the drive into one partition formatted the drive using Windows Disk Management tool in Administrative Tools Windows XP I used the quot Quick Format quot option rather than data I've Please deleted Help... important accidentally from drive the quot Full Format quot The file system of the drive also before formatting is NTFS Currently there is new data on the drive I m using Please Help... I've accidentally deleted important data from drive it as a backup drive Please Help... I've accidentally deleted important data from drive now This all happened a few days ago Only now I have realized the goof up Please if there is any way you know of that I might best be able to salvage any of the lost data I d REALLY appreciate it Thanks nbsp

A:Please Help... I've accidentally deleted important data from drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-ive-accidentally-deleted-important-data-from-drive.763622/
Relevancy 57.19%

I was cleaning my computer as the memory was filling up fast. I accidentally deleted a file on my desktop that was full of pictures that i need back. I deleted them, then emptied the recycle bin. I then ran glary utilities and then ccleaner, finishing with defraggler. Is there any program that may be able to find this file again???

A:I was stupid and accidentally deleted some important stuff

Very unlikely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319767-i-stupid-accidentally-deleted-some-important-stuff.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hi yesterday i recieved an e mail with an attachment name Best Friend scr was saying it is a screen saver i checked with notron antivirus it was clean and i downloaded it since then my screen start blinking so i decided to delete it i found several files in system folder names are tcpsvs winservice nav loader hotmail hack Best-friend colour of life so i deleted all of files very guess important i deleted [Resolved] i them some of them were runing so i ended the task and deleted [Resolved] i guess i deleted very important files them no i can not open any program i recieve same error quot Windows cannot find EXE this program needed for opening files of type Application quot whatever i try to open i cant open any program whatever i click on it same error appears and [Resolved] i guess i deleted very important files asks me location my another problem is i killed my floppy driver next week so i can not use my startup diskette or emergancy diskete my os is win second edition it is a lap top compaq presario i think it may help to scanreg and restore but i forgot how to do it and i dont wanna mess up more please help thanx nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

today I opened disc cleanup to delete MSN explorer. I clicked on 'more options' tab and the 'cleanup' under windows components.

I deselected all the boxes except for the MSN box. However, after the process completed, there is no IE or WMP button on my start menu. These programs including MSN are still in my Programs folder. I am YET to restart the computer so the changes probably haven't occurred yet. I am going to leave my PC on standby in the meantime.
Have I analysed the situation correctly? Should I just restart and see what happens? I have saved the IE and WMP folders on external drive. Hopefully all the updates for each of them won't also be uninstalled.

A:urgent-- disc cleanup deleted my important programs?

i created a system restore point just before using disc cleanup. Would a system restore point bring back lost programs such as may be the case here?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/urgent-disc-cleanup-deleted-my-important-programs-359418.html
Relevancy 56.76%

So i Killer deleted Rogue registry keys! important wasn't sure if I should post in Win or anti-virus discussion Sorry if i'm in the wrong place but my issue has nothing to do with viruses or any kind of malware I was running rogue killer last month and I didn't know how severe false positives were at the time Rogue Killer didn't find anything except three suspicious paths all labeled MFE RR They were all located in Rogue Killer deleted important registry keys! the control setts Current Control Set Control Set and finally Control Set I'm not sure if it was caps or not Anyway I deleted them because I didn't know any better Nothing happened to my PC and Rogue Killer deleted important registry keys! everything was great I did a little research on it just to be safe and found its part of mcafee anti-rootkit I trashed the old anti-rootkit exe and downloaded it again The application worked normal I never tested Rogue Killer deleted important registry keys! it before I re-downloaded it sadly Two of the keys Current Control Set and Control Set must have came back immediately after I deleted them or when I re-downloaded the exe the first scan since a month ago After a reboot the last control set came back Am I just really lucky or is my system still affected anyway Its not a Program and Features program just a exe The reason i'm still worried is lately my PC reboots when I told it to shut down It doesn't do it every time If you could help me with these two issues I would greatly appreciate it Sorry for the long read Logs are below nbsp RKreport DEL log nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:Rogue Killer deleted important registry keys!

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.How is the computer running?Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545839/rogue-killer-deleted-important-registry-keys/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I have a Dell laptop Inspiron E that unfortunately was infected with a virus My cpu got infected because my virus protection McAfee expired Prior to that McAfee always blocked such threats to my cpu I had my deleted Important infection due system files by virus to I cpu for yrs roughly Anyways I scanned the latest McAfee virus scan I Important system files I deleted due to infection by virus had which picked up alot of the infected files and quarantined them however there were about files that could not be quarantined These files were windows system files and perhaps something else Well being that McAfee located where the files were I went and located the file and simply deleted them by sending them each to the McAfee Shredder which was a huge mistake in my fault because now my cpu turns on and I can log in but when I do that all I get is my screensaver background with no icons or anything else Obviously I deleted some important system files and now I dont know where or how I can even recover such files Moreover I don t remember the files names sad gif and I don t even know if the virus is gone and my cpu is acting like that because of the files I deleted or because the virus got worse I think it was the deleted files can anybody please help

A:Important system files I deleted due to infection by virus

Hi .

Sounds to me like a clean install would eliminate two problems: the malware and the missing system files.

Anything short of a clean install seems like it is likely to very hit-and-miss for an extended period of time.

If you have a Dell...don't you have restore/recovery capability of some sort?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/212141/important-system-files-i-deleted-due-to-infection-by-virus/
Relevancy 56.76%

(windows vista)Ok so i went to my start up toolbar search thing and searched caches...well apparently it was the important kind you arent supposed to deleted that hold your internet together(not the ones that you delete in the internet options thing) or whatever and my internet browsers are really not working i use google chrome and yahoo wont load right, it looks like all technical and you cant even see the pictures. on facebook it just doesnt work right
firefox both kinda work but are really effed up now. and now my stuff on the internet is running really really slow and i know it isnt my connection. none of this happened before i deleted the caches i wasnt supposed to! ah! i just wanted to make my computer faster!
PLEASE HELP!

A:i deleted important caches and my internet isnt working right

You need to tell us how you deleted these files?
And which ones?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-deleted-important-caches-and-my-internet-isnt-working-right.903363/
Relevancy 56.76%

Ok, I was clearing out a fairly large folder, and somehow most of the items in said folder got selected just before I used the Shift+Delete command to permanently delete files. Is there any way to get this stuff back? I won't die without these files, but it's going to take a lot of time to reinstall and redownload the files that I accidentally deleted.

A:#*&%! I just accidentally deleted 50 gigs of semi-important stuff!

do you have system restore i think htat might or go to edit undo but i dont think htat command will work if all else fails go to the hdd forum and run the file recovery in the stick post at top of page 1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/and-i-just-accidentally-deleted-50-gigs-of-semi-important-stuff-274098.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Okay..Long story short...

I was attempting to find the virus on my computer that was hijacking my browser..I ran a application called Reanimator..It was the only app that found items of concern..I ended up deleting C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AELUPSVC.DLL I now know this is bad..I tried to use the tutorial from this site about repairing windows vista using startup repair, but the item I deleted is causing applications to fail..The error is "The Specified Service does not exist as an installed service" I get this error on system restore and any reg-repair I have tried to download..Am I screwed?! I can't even use the vista DVD as the setup gets this same error....

Thanks for any idea's...

Joy

A:I've deleted an important part of Vista Operating System..

I have no idea if this will work, but try putting in your cd, then going to start and typing CMD. Run cmd a black window should open. Once the black window opens type sfc /scannow this stands for System File checker and when you scan it verifys that core parts of the operating system are ok, if not it tries to repair them. Let us know if that works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227771/ive-deleted-an-important-part-of-vista-operating-system/
Relevancy 55.9%

I ve signed up to this site just for this issue which how to can't Help out Accidentally deleted software.. figure recover? drive important I ve had for over a year Here are the details Samsung laptop RF While I was cleaning out all the extra programs the laptop came with I accidentally deleted something that was crucial for my disk reader Whenever I pop in any data disk or movie the computer struggles for a few minutes then gives up as if nothing has been inserted Oddly enough I don t believe this always happens with music CDs The computer also hasn t be able to let me burn anything on a blank disk I often receive the quot Please insert a blank disk quot message when one is already inserted This is getting really frustrating since I have a lot of data to backup and absolutely need help I m not a programmer and would need thorough explanation and a walk-through for this please I went to the Samsung website and looked at what might be Accidentally deleted important drive software.. can't figure out how to recover? Help missing had no idea what I was doing I downloaded something called the BIOS updater which did nothing unfortunately Please let me know if something sounds familiar and how I might be able to replace this bloody program I Accidentally deleted important drive software.. can't figure out how to recover? Help foolishly deleted Thanks a million nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidentally-deleted-important-drive-software-cant-figure-out-how-to-recover-help.1079470/
Relevancy 55.9%

I ve signed up to this site just for this issue which I ve had for over a year Here are the details Samsung laptop RF While I was cleaning out all the extra programs the laptop came with I accidentally deleted something that was crucial for my disk reader Whenever I pop in any data disk or movie the computer struggles for a few minutes then gives up as if nothing has been inserted Oddly enough I don t believe this always happens with music CDs The computer also hasn t be able to let me burn anything on a blank disk I often receive the quot Please insert a blank disk quot message when one is already inserted This is getting really frustrating since I have a lot of data to backup and absolutely need help I m not a programmer and would need thorough explanation and a walk-through for this please I went to the Samsung website and looked at what might be missing had no idea what I out software.. drive can't deleted to how recover? important figure Accidentally Hel was doing I downloaded something called the BIOS updater which did nothing unfortunately Please let me know if something sounds familiar and how I might be able to replace this bloody program I foolishly deleted Thanks a million nbsp

A:Accidentally deleted important drive software.. can't figure out how to recover? Hel

Now this is just a guess that may save you a full re-install.
Install a CD/DVD burning program and it may correct the fault. Also Windows builtin burning is not the cleverest of tools.
Here are a few suggestions:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-cd-dvd-burning-software.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidentally-deleted-important-drive-software-cant-figure-out-how-to-recover-hel.1079472/
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok so my brother and I share a computer and he uses his own drive on my computer and decided to delete everything on that drive file by file. I use the main drive on the computer but he must of deleted something very important on that drive because now every time I try to install certain programs just doesn't work.
For example when I try to download Steam it says another installation is running.
Also "Error1336 there was an error creating a temporary file that is needed to complete this installation"
I have been googling this problem for months but I couldn't find a good solution. any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Some Important files were deleted on my Disc Drive, Now Installation Problems

Go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. In Elevated Command Prompt type SFC/ scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/some-important-files-were-deleted-on-my-disc-drive-now-installation-problems-689365.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I ve signed up to this site just for this issue which I ve had for over a out how recover? drive figure software.. deleted to important Accidentally Help can't year Here are the details Samsung laptop RF While I was cleaning out all the extra programs the laptop came with Accidentally deleted important drive software.. can't figure out how to recover? Help I accidentally deleted something that was Accidentally deleted important drive software.. can't figure out how to recover? Help crucial for my disk reader Whenever I pop in any data disk or movie the computer struggles for a few minutes then gives up as if nothing has been inserted Oddly enough I don t believe this always happens with music CDs The computer also hasn t be able to let me burn anything on a blank disk I often receive the quot Please insert a blank disk quot message when one is already inserted This is getting really frustrating since I have a lot of data to backup and absolutely need help I m not a programmer and would need thorough explanation and a walk-through for this please I went to the Samsung website and looked at what might be missing had no idea what I was doing I downloaded something called the BIOS updater which did nothing unfortunately Please let me know if something sounds familiar and how I might be able to replace this bloody program I foolishly deleted Thanks a million EDIT I don t think I was clear enough in my explanation I don t require a program to copy read burn The problem is the laptop itself It does not recognize any disk I inset Nothing pops up on my E drive nbsp

A:Accidentally deleted important drive software.. can't figure out how to recover? Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidentally-deleted-important-drive-software-cant-figure-out-how-to-recover-help.1079473/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I had 2 external hard drives connected and in disk manager I clicked delete on the wrong one? So now the drive wont show up, so I simply created a Simple volume and know it is a RAW drive? How do I recover the files there was over 100GB and some of them are really important such as records and work related stuff, it is currently a RAW partition and all the hard disk recovery softwares dont recognise it because it is a RAW drive? do i have to format it to recover the files? Please Help!?!

A:*Important* Accidently deleted volume in Disk Manager, how to recover?

Do not format the disk.
this would make your task more difficult or even impossible.

There are free partition recovery tools available on the net.

Question the deletion, was it your operating system or are you still able to boot into Windows. I have never been in this position but someone will post some software for you. Just don't muddle the disk any further.

If you are able to boot into Windows this link will give you an idea of what you are looking for. Hang on because I know some forum members have done this will be suggesting more software.

[email protected] Partition Recovery Freeware Toolkit.Recover Deleted Partition, Volume.Undelete NTFS,FAT,exFAT,HFS+,Ext2/Ext3.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/267626-important-accidently-deleted-volume-disk-manager-how-recover.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I accidentally deleted some important files when trying to free up space on my laptop Now when I startup it cannot go to my user I lost my email settings other functions My docs are accessible by going to My Computer then to drive C then to the user etc However from my Start menu I can t get to them by simply clicking My Documents I ve deleted Accidentally restore files, not important working system tried to do some repairs using Microsoft Knowledgebase but so far have been unsuccessful I tried some of the suggested things and have made alist of many Accidentally deleted important files, system restore not working of the files that are missing when I tried to do a system repair These Accidentally deleted important files, system restore not working files are not in the recovery section c windows ServicePackFiles i The list is here Lmmib dll spider exe clipbrd exe hostmib dll staxmem dll admexs dll appconf dll iisadmin dll iisfecnv dll infocomm dll iscomlog dll I ran HiJackThis Accidentally deleted important files, system restore not working and the results are below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C WINDOWS vVX exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explore... Read more

A:Accidentally deleted important files, system restore not working

Please do not start more than one thead for the same issue.

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidentally-deleted-important-files-system-restore-not-working.993257/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have Windows XP I am not certain as to which service pack Both my IE and firefox mozilla browsers were loading fine and then I ran quot Spycatcher quot and removed a file This is the conclusion I came to Neither IE nor Firefox load now Mozilla Firefox remains blank though the toolbar loads The address bar and the window remain blank white With IE I get a quot connecting quot homepage and quot IE cannot display the webpage quot in the browser with a list of likely causes that are not the causes I try another address or and no connections I still have an antivirus program that is still automatically updating and with BOINC the program is still automatically uploading and downloading so the connection is there and okay I just cannot load a browser window to view anything I had some help loading firefox via the cmd prompt and that worked for a moment The browser window for firefox loading but [SOLVED] deleted not Internet - important loading May have browsers file I think I accidentally clicked a restore [SOLVED] May have deleted important Internet file - browsers not loading tab in the taskbar when I was in safe mode I don't have any display [SOLVED] May have deleted important Internet file - browsers not loading within the firefox IE never was handled again I tried resetting IE by using this advice from one of your users quot Assuming you have XP Put your XP CD in the drive Click on Start Run type in sfc scannow click OK This will run the System File Checker and find replace any corrupted damaged OS files including those for IE quot This did not help Thank you for the idea though Now I am not sure if installing XP inserting the CD and hitting install will delete my files docs pics games or not so I haven't done that though I did try locating IE to reinstall that I don't think I found it though there was an IE icon that I quot reinstalled quot but nothing changed Summary Basically it looks like I deleted a file possibly quot Elite bar quot via a spyware remover that is when this went to pot and now the browser windows will not load up nor go anywhere I still have a connection that works with a few programs still updating but I cannot use my own computer to browse the internet for help I need to use a different computer to write this My browser windows in both FF and IE will not load I cannot navigate Any help will be much appreciated as I don't know what to do I am hesitant about installing XP when it is already installed as I don't want to loose anything I don't know what that would do or what is going on with my browsers tcd

A:[SOLVED] May have deleted important Internet file - browsers not loading

Hi and welcome to TSF.
You could try removing IE using add.remove in the control panel then reinstalling, again using add/remove.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-may-have-deleted-important-internet-file-browsers-not-loading-192958.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I ve signed up to this site just for this issue which I ve had for over a year Here are the details Samsung laptop RF While I was cleaning out all the extra programs the laptop came with I accidentally deleted something that software.. figure important Help drive recover? to deleted out can't how Accidentally was crucial for my disk reader Whenever I pop in any data disk or movie the computer struggles for a Accidentally deleted important drive software.. can't figure out how to recover? Help few minutes then gives up as if Accidentally deleted important drive software.. can't figure out how to recover? Help nothing has been inserted Oddly enough I don t believe this always happens with music CDs The computer also hasn t be able to let me burn anything on a blank disk I often receive the quot Please insert a blank disk quot message when one is already inserted This is getting really frustrating since I have a lot of data to backup and absolutely need help I m not a programmer and would need thorough explanation and a walk-through for this please I went to the Samsung website and looked at what might be missing had no idea what I was doing I downloaded something called the BIOS updater which did nothing unfortunately Please let me know if something sounds familiar and how I might be able to replace this bloody program I foolishly deleted Thanks a million nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidentally-deleted-important-drive-software-cant-figure-out-how-to-recover-help.1079474/
Relevancy 54.61%

I don't use Skype. I uninstalled it. Windows Update keeps sending updates and marking them as 'important.' If I run the update I find I need to uninstall the program again.

I'd like reassurance that I can safely ignore these updates.

It makes sense to me, but software has gotten complex enough that I want to be sure that this update only updates Skype for Windows and that failure to implement it does not leave a gaping hole in Windows 7.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Skype For Windows - Program Not Installed - Important Update?

If you change windows update settings as shown below then in theory you will not be offered skype. If you prevoiusly had skype installed and are still offered updates then I guess that skype wasn't fully removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/402722-skype-windows-program-not-installed-important-update.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Accidentally deleted important files system restore not working I accidentally deleted some important files when trying to free up space on my laptop Now when I startup it cannot go to my user I lost my email settings other functions My docs are accessible by going to My Computer then to drive C then to the user etc However from my Start menu I can t get to them by simply clicking My Documents I ve tried to do some repairs using SYSTEM important system files, Accidentally deleted restore not working Microsoft Knowledgebase but so far have been unsuccessful I tried some of the suggested things and have made alist of many of the files that are missing when I tried to do a system repair These files are not in the recovery section c windows ServicePackFiles i The list is here Lmmib Accidentally deleted important SYSTEM files, system restore not working dll spider exe clipbrd exe hostmib dll staxmem dll admexs dll appconf dll iisadmin dll iisfecnv dll infocomm dll iscomlog dll I ran HiJackThis and the results are below any ideas would be helpful Thanks Carol Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Accidentally deleted important SYSTEM files, system restore not working Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C WINDOWS vVX exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp suk amp channel us R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidentally-deleted-important-system-files-system-restore-not-working.993331/
Relevancy 49.88%

A site in a foreign language has installed itself from the web as a desktop item. The only English words were FRESHSEX. Using that I found the exe. file located in my C drive under WIndows. It will NOT let me delete. I tried Norton Wipe. It won't let me drag and drop it off somewhere. I recall accidentally opening an email I thought was from a friend which turned out to be a sex site. Other than that, my son might have found this when visiting. The point is; How to Delete? I see lots of anti virus things at this site: http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ but this isn't really a virus. It's an application. It's sitting on my desktop with big Red LIPS.[email protected] message posted by Frances

Relevancy 49.02%

hi, so i  have Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-792G-797V,  so  guess i  need USB 3  drivers, chipset driver, lan driver and weireless lan driver for windows 7 64bit, any help????

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/hi-i-deleted-win-10-and-installed-win-7/td-p/431483/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.02%

Last night I got a virus from a torrent site (Demonoid.me) that is usually trusted. I ran Microsoft Security Essentials and it found nothing. I ran Malware Bytes and it found the 2 infected items. They were quarantined I deleted them both. How do I get my laptop back up to speed and how do I get rid of my laptop's slow start up? Also, what should I do to restore my laptop to it's optimal health and prevent any further intrusions?

Spec: HP Pavilion Laptop, Windows Vista

A:Just deleted a virus I got from a torrent site. What else should I do to ensure the safety of my computer?

Welcome aboardi think there is more malware here than meets the eye. Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home UsersDouble-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the Scanning Control tab.Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner. I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScanClick the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check Click the button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check and check Remove found threats Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, push Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Push the button.Push NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412823/just-deleted-a-virus-i-got-from-a-torrent-site-what-else-should-i-do-to-ensure-the-safety-of-my-computer/
Relevancy 48.16%

That despite of my following their instructions for removal, which did not work, tells me a blocker is still installed. I have searched everywhere including the registry and removed extensions and add-ons from the Chrome browser, also uninstalled Firefox with Revo Pro, and run CCleaner.

Any blocker must have been removed, as I am seeing ads again in various sites I visit.

So, has anyone any idea what may be causing my problem? Could it be the site itself, rather than me?

A:A site tells me an ad-blocker is installed- whaa!

Could be a hosts file entry. It could be security software or any script blocker.

We are not allowed to discuss ad blocking see:

Forum Rules

Item #13

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/390086-site-tells-me-ad-blocker-installed-whaa.html
Relevancy 48.16%

hi please could someone take a look - - hdd problem installed xp in vista deleted at my log - this is windows vista home edition been having some issue s with my mouse in both xp and now vista im hoping its a faulty mouse but it could be someone taking control of my pc here is my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C problem in xp - deleted hdd - installed vista Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C problem in xp - deleted hdd - installed vista Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Creative Sound problem in xp - deleted hdd - installed vista Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LGDevAgt exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Go CTCMSGoU exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Teamspeak RC TeamSpeak exe C Program Files Xfire xfire exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe D Programs hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run VolPanel quot C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe quot r O - HKLM Run P Helper Rundll SPIRun dll RunDLLEntry O - HKLM Run P RunE RunDll P RunE dll RunDLLEntry O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Launch LgDevAgt quot C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LgDevAgt exe quot O - HKLM Run Launch LGDCore quot C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exe quot SHOWHIDE O - HKLM Run PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU Run Creative MediaSource Go quot C Program Files Creative MediaSource Go CTCMSGoU exe quot SCB O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoi... Read more

A:problem in xp - deleted hdd - installed vista

16 views and no comment pls some one say my pc is ok or haxxord

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-in-xp-deleted-hdd-installed-vista.689265/
Relevancy 48.16%

Dell Dimension 4600c Can I reset the BIOs on this? and how? Will that work or do I need to just get a new motherboard? Please help I've been working on it all day!!

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a dell studio 1555 with windows 7 64 bit.
My intention was to completely wipe out the computer, and reinstall windows 7. Aparently I didn't know what I was doing. First off, it didn't wipe anything out. I only have two cd's that came with my computer... OS for windows 7 and the drivers cd. I ended up somehow installing OS twice, deleting the wrong one, and now my computer keeps telling me "Recovery C: is low on space!" I just don't know what to do to fix this! In "My computer" it looks like this...

RECOVERY (C
28.1 MB free of 14.6 GB

OS (D
67.6 GB free of 451 GB

I suck at computers, so if there is any information you need please let me know. Thanks so much

A:I've installed my OS twice, deleted the wrong one, and low on space!

Hello klsbentley, welcome to Seven Forums!

So you can get the correct advice, please post a maximized snip / screen-shot of Windows 7 disk management, making sure the Status column in the top section is clearly readable, have a look at this tutorial linked below.
How to Upload and Post a Screenshot
You may also want to consider the option listed in this tutorial linked below.

Clean Install : Factory COA Activation Key

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/250695-ive-installed-my-os-twice-deleted-wrong-one-low-space.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hum wierdness I think I m pretty clean but my svchost exe sometimes gets installed be Antispy when hijacked - Must deleted MS huge and every now and then I get the about blank when firing up ie here is my Hijack this Thank you in advance Logfile Must be hijacked - MS Antispy deleted when installed of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system basfipm exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan MCUPDATE EXE C Program Files GM SPO SI Apache Group Apache Apache exe C Program Files JavaSoft JRE bin java exe C Program Files GM SPO SI Apache Group Apache Apache exe C Program Files GM SPO SI TransBase tbmux exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system mshelp exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files MSN Video Enhanced MSNVE exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Sierra Wireless Inc Network Adapter Manager Network Adapter Manager exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Firewall Client ISATRAY EXE C Program Files Mobile Connection Manager Wnex DO exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings Test Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http government dellnet com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Explorer Class - F AE- - BEB- EA-B C AB A - C WINDOWS system DSMANA DLL file missing O - BHO no name - A A C- DA - e -B B - A FFAFD B D - C WINDOWS system javafix dll O - HKLM Run mshelp C WINDOWS system mshelp exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run WildTangent CDA RUNDLL exe quot C Program Files WildTangent Apps CDA cdaEngine dll quot cdaEngineMain O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run MSN Video Enhanced quot C Program Files MSN Video Enhanced MSNVE exe quot O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run Dell Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run bascstray BascsTray exe O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run AirCardEnabler C Program Files Sierra Wireless Inc Network Adapter Manager Network Adapter Manager exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run msjava critical update c windows jjfixer exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed La... Read more

Relevancy 47.73%

Recently my browser was hijacked and despite all attempts to remove this hijack through normal measures I was unsuccesful I discovered that there was a registry entry causing the hijack and when deleted everything worked fine only it would reappear upon reboot As well there seemed to be a problem with the print spooler service causing my printers to not work I corrected this by replacing the appropriate file from the i folder Now my computer will not allow programs installed new asian Hijack and Browser to site me to start in safe mode Everytime I do I receieve a screen telling me there was an error the Blue screen However I can start up normally The only problem is that I receive continuous Browser Hijack to asian site and new programs installed errors telling me that some process has had a memory problem and when I close it another will pop up I can leave the message there and the computer functions with the exception of a box popping up telling there was a problem however the title of the box seems to be in wingdings Recently the problem has even gone as far as to cause my router to continuously look for the ip address and even started installing new programs in a language my computer does not recognize There are several services listed in my computer management which also do not display in english As well there are several listed in my Browser Hijack to asian site and new programs installed hijack this log which are from an unkown user I have attempted to run ad-aware spyware doctor and registry mechanic to fix these but they cannot seem to remove all the problems It would now appear as Browser Hijack to asian site and new programs installed though my Norton Antivirus has also been disabled My security settings on my internet explorer have been altered to prevent downloading programs even though I did not set it this way I have been using a seperate computer to download and upload programs to this computer Below is a copy of my hijack this log Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS windows ext C WINDOWS system alga exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS exe C Program Files Counter Counter exe C bootfomt exe C WINDOWS jhil exe C WINDOWS vsdf exe C comine exe C WINDOWS vfdh g exe C Gogle exe C Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS TEMP fy exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system mabidwe exe C WINDOWS qqshel exe C WINDOWS RavNT exe C WINDOWS system foxmax exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system miz exe C WINDOWS system ff exe C WINDOWS system ff exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X HPZIPM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system rtmbufdx exe C WINDOWS system soxpeca exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system bf exe C WINDOWS system internet exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOW... Read more

A:Browser Hijack to asian site and new programs installed

Hello and Welcome.

Your system is terribly infected. Problem with these infections nowadays is, it causes a lot of damage. Even if we clean the malware off your system, I can't guarantee that your system will be clean afterwards, because these infections/bundles leave a lot of leftovers behind that most scanners won't even recognise and logs won't show.
Also, I can't promise you we can repair all the damage it caused... Even after cleaning the malware, you can still get errors afterwards because of the damage. Solving these is not always possible since it will be searching for a needle in a haystack to find the right cause and solution.
So, we can try to clean this up and do what we can, but keep in mind that we can't solve ALL problems this malware already caused.

Read this first. Then, if you still decide you'd like to try to clean it...

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery mode if needed. This allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

As part of installing the Recovery Console, ComboFix will begin to run. Follow the prompts to install the Recovery Console. Your desktop may disappear. This is normal. It will return.

Once the Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see a message that says:

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Please continue as follows:

Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.

When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

Also...

Please go to Start > Run and copy/paste the following, then press Enter:

C:\QooBox\Add-Remove Programs.txt

A text file should open. Please post the contents of that file in your next reply.

If you have any questions along the way, STOP and ask them before proceeding.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/browser-hijack-to-asian-site-and-new-programs-installed-300046.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Just downloaded and installed Explorer 7 and it seems fine.

Except, when I go to Google video
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6877232014823252015&q=westwater
this is not a bad site and it worked great before I downloaded Explorer 7

I get the web site ID but it will not download any content and I get the circle with red slash with notation "restricted site" on the bottom info line.

question, I cannot find google in the restricted sites list, how do I get this site working?

something new in explorer 7 and I do not see anything in the help list on this

thanks

dave

Relevancy 47.73%

please help most of the softwares are not running

A:I deleted my original win10 and installed pirated win 7.How ...

Guys can you reply fast please

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-deleted-my-original-win10-and-installed-pirated-win-7-How/td-p/5717878
Relevancy 47.73%

I have tried dragging to trash, I have tried dragging from the tool bar and from finder, nothing works.

A:I installed a free trial of zip cloud & want it deleted

Fake Safari update installs MacKeeper, ZipCloud https://blog.malwarebytes.org/fraud...If Mac have an add/remove programs, use that.Then download & run Malwarebytes for Mac.

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/i-installed-a-free-trial-of-zip-cloud-want-it-deleted/40244.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I am having a problem with my Dell Inspiron laptop that operates on Windows XP All of my files have been deleted and my background goes black At startup a window called Windows XP Fix opens up and starts running a PC Performance and Stability Report that tells me that I have several infected files I never installed this program and it won t let me close it either I also get this message soon after been "Windows installed system files on my Fix" have all deleted XP and from my computer The system has detected a problem with one or more installed IDE SATA hard disks It is recommended that you restart the system I installed Malwarebytes while on safe mode and removed the "Windows XP Fix" installed on my system and all files have been deleted infections but when I "Windows XP Fix" installed on my system and all files have been deleted went back to normal mode nothing had changed I went to safe mode with networking to update Malwarebytes but Malwarebytes was no longer installed and I couldn t connect to the internet What can I do to fix this issue Malwarebytes report Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Database version Windows Service Pack Safe Mode Internet Explorer PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick Scan Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center AntiVirusDisableNotify Disabled SecurityCenter - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center FirewallDisableNotify Disabled SecurityCenter - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies ActiveDesktop NoChangingWallpaper Hijack DisplayProperties - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableTaskMgr Hijack TaskManager - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableTaskMgr Hijack TaskManager - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected C Documents and Settings AV Local Settings Temp ir sf temp irsetup exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully

A:"Windows XP Fix" installed on my system and all files have been deleted

This is very outdated MBAM version.Restart computer in Safe Mode with Networking (in pure Safe Mode you won't be able to connect).Please download and run the below tool named Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) which may help allow other programs to run. There are 4 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one. Vista and Win7 users need to right click Rkill and choose Run as AdministratorYou only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.* Rkill.com* Rkill.scr* Rkill.exe* Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.* If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.* A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.* If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.* If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.* Do not reboot until instructed.* If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.Then....Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408688/windows-xp-fix-installed-on-my-system-and-all-files-have-been-deleted/
Relevancy 47.73%

Got new Dell Inspiron R w win and struggled for months to get used to it 17R new win on Dell deleted 7 win ports! com 8 No Inspiron installed without success so deleted in deleted win 8 installed win 7 on new Dell Inspiron 17R No com ports! and reformatted hard drive Installed win ultimate x Updated all drives available from Dell site and also from rd party site Everything is working EXCEPT that every time I plug an external device requiring a COM port it simply does not work I tried the USB and USB ports The Wireless adapter is using COM - - - according to DEVICE MANAGER and the indication deleted win 8 installed win 7 on new Dell Inspiron 17R No com ports! I get when plugging in a USB cable while monitoring the DEVICE MANAGER is or triangles with quot quot in the center deleted win 8 installed win 7 on new Dell Inspiron 17R No com ports! Each of them displays a message under OTHER DEVICES quot AUDIO DEVICE ON USB BUS quot quot ENHANCED COM PORT quot quot STANDARD COM PORT quot when I open them I get the message quot The drivers for this device are not installed code When I try to update or install a driver it indicates that there are none available I tried to connect the external device a Yaesu FTdx amateur radio transceiver with USB output to each port with the same results I do not have any other external device requiring a com port to see if different results would occur However I have confirmed that the radio communicates correctly using the USB port of my old Toshiba Quasimo using the same operating system So the fault does not seem to be the cable or the radio but something in the Dell HELP

A:deleted win 8 installed win 7 on new Dell Inspiron 17R No com ports!

Also posted on No Com port access on Dell Inspiron 17R after replacing win8 with win7

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343603-deleted-win-8-installed-win-7-new-dell-inspiron-17r-no-com-ports.html
Relevancy 46.87%

THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE? I NEED HELP ASAP!!

A:Installed essentials 2011, and outlook emails deleted

If you mean Outlook Express instead of Outlook, it is because Windows Live Mail replaced OE. in Live Essentials. Here is a tutorial on how to import your Emails into WLM http://www.pcdon.com/080113OutlookEx...sLiveMail.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-essentials-2011-and-outlook-emails-deleted-524856.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Yeah I really messed up here ... Ok so I went ahead and tested out Linux Mint 11. Looked good, so I wanted to install it alongside my Windows 7 for a dual-boot. When it came time to select the partition to install on, I DELETED a ~69gb partition, and created two partitions from the freed unused space, ext4 and linux-swap. I believe something was on that partition that was needed... >_> Linux Mint now works fine. But when I turn on the computer and select Win 7 from the grub loader, Windows starts up (The flag animation), but turns to Blue Screen midway and the computer reboots. I still have my partition in which Windows was installed, with WINDOWS, USERS, SYSTEM32, and all my documents. etc... but I cant boot into Windows.

Anything I can do to repair this? Or am I stuck like this forever?

A:Deleted a partition. Installed Linux. Can't boot into Windows

You can try Startup Repair but I don't know if that will help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/171008-deleted-partition-installed-linux-cant-boot-into-windows.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Carelessly downloaded a nasty infected torrent. It's deleted Firefox, installed 5 different programs, a browser, a browser toolbar and won't let me connect to the Internet.
A fake Microsoft Security Window pops up, named "permanent MFC application" in task manager supercedes all other windows and can't be closed.
I can close a few things in the rask manager, but a fake windows restart will happen and they all autostart again
Started this thread on mobile.

A:Firefox deleted, chrome won't connect, new browsers self installed

Hi krazyistkarl My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your issue. First, I would like you to boot in Safe Mode with Networking, and we'll start from there. Instructions on how to proceed for your Windows version can be found in the link below:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/Once in Safe Mode with Networking, we'll run MiniToolBox to get a first look at your system.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);Check the following options:Flush DNS;Report IE Proxy Settings;Reset IE Proxy Settings;Report FF Proxy Settings;Reset FF Proxy Settings;List content of Hosts;List IP Configuration;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Installed Programs;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593528/firefox-deleted-chrome-wont-connect-new-browsers-self-installed/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all.
The Dell site says my e5440 needs this update:
Serial-ATA_Driver_R4HDM_WN_13.1.0.1058_A11
It downloads fine, but install continually fails saying .NET Framework 4.5 required.  So I went to Microsoft, downloaded 4.5, but the MS installer says a newer version of .NET is already installed.
So I'm stuck. I can't install the Dell SATA driver update because it doesn't recognise a newer version of .NET Framwork is installed. And I can't 'roll-back' to .NET 4.5 because MS won't allow it.
Can anyone help?

A:Dell site SATA drivers won't install - claims .NET Framework 4.5 not installed - but it already is.

Seem to have solved this myself - by uninstalling the newer .NET Framework version, and installing .NET Framework 4.5 instead.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986638
Relevancy 46.44%

Somehow I deleted my microsoft word program and can't retrieve it. I tried restoring the computer to an earlier time but that didn't work either. Whenever I try to access the word program I get a prompt that tells me to install the disk. I do not have the disk because the program were on the hp pc when I bought it. I called HP but they say they can't help and then called MS and they want to charge me for talking with them. Anyone, know how I can reinstall the program (legally)? My feeling is that it should be still somewhere in my computer - I just don't know how to access it.

A:Help, I've accidentally deleted my factory installed microsoft word program

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-ive-accidentally-deleted-my-factory-installed-microsoft-word-program.376048/
Relevancy 46.44%
Relevancy 46.44%

I have had a lot of Windows issues before, but this one is just bizarre, and I don't know how to fix it.
All of a sudden the majority of my programs are not showing up in the control panel tab. I rebooted...tried to do a system restore, but for some reason when it reboots it said that had failed.

It's not a big deal right now. I don't usually install many programs, but I am not sure what to do here.
Is there any way to fix this? Any assistance would be appreciated.

A:Installed Programs Deleted from Cnt Panel-Rstr didn't work

Are the program icons still appearing on the Desktop or Start Screen.

Run a full antivirus scan and download and run Malwarebytes (Free)
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

In the elevated command prompt run sfc /scannow

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52883-installed-programs-deleted-cnt-panel-rstr-didnt-work.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys,

I'm wondering why this security patch for a zero day flaw in IE 11 is not checked by default? Surely it should be.

A:KB2964358 Important update (but not that important)

Don't know why.
I usually manually check one or right click on one & hide it.
I hide all bing desktop updates.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45596-kb2964358-important-update-but-not-important.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi Everyone nbsp I have a customer who has a Xerox WorkCentre which is currently installed on a server Site Find ?? a Installed to Package Driver Core Printer Not Driver was Unable and shared out Normally you just browse out the server double click and it installs but this I got the Printer Driver was Not Installed Unable to Find a Core Driver Package Site ?? following error quot Printer Driver was Not Installed Unable to Find a Core Driver Package Site quot nbsp I have checked add remote programs and found no other printer let along Xerox installed I have even tried logging into the computer in question as the admin and same error I even ran chkdsk tried to install it by ip address downloaded the latest drivers from Xerox and every single time I get that error nbsp The funny part is its only this one computer that is giving me the trouble all the other computers it install fine with now trouble I have ran windows update and all the updates are installed its running SP vaild copy of windows nbsp So i am at a lose other ran doing a wipe and reinstall Any thoughts

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/14f495be-8f6c-4dec-963f-18d91c51271b/printer-driver-was-not-installed-unable-to-find-a-core-driver-package-site-?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 43%

Newly installed ZoneAlarm and not can not see "Submit" Buttons on web site

I have recently installed Zone Alarm and AVG on my laptop. I accepted the defaults on installation.

Now I can not see the Submit buttons on the www.seek.com.au site.

Can someone tell me the setting that I need to change to allow this please.

Many Thanks

A:Newly installed ZoneAlarm and no can not see "Submit" Buttons on web site

Dunno but it seems that the firewall is clocking the request to the button.

I can say that you should use an other firewall. Zone Alarm is one of the worst out there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-installed-zonealarm-and-no-can-not-see-submit-buttons-on-web-site.44667/
Relevancy 42.57%

<gs class="GINGER_SOFTWARE_mark" ginger_software_uiphraseguid="796b33a7-d64c-4c3e-bc33-77ab4eb2c074" id="1f283969-edaa-4ac6-a2fd-a3eb8e294c39">what</gs> are the different versions of Enterprise Mode Site List Manager
for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Need a version of Enterprise Mode Site List Manager for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 that can be installed when internet access is unavailable. Trying to install on a machine that has IE 11 but does not have internet access.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/05b0da3a-5e8f-40d6-918a-0e75baed431a/need-a-version-of-enterprise-mode-site-list-manager-for-windows-7-and-windows-81-that-can-be?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 41.71%

cheers everyone...

for some reason I have deleted my internet explorer folder...
why? because everytime I opened it, there's always this "runannounce" kind of homepage, even I set my homepage to blank, it still there!!! when IE7 loads the damn thing.. IE hangs.....

I was trying to uninstall it and planned to download internet explorer 8,
but i have'nt seen any "uninstall icon" in the IE folder... so I DELETED the folder.... after deleting I installed explorer 8....

and here's what happned, when I try to launch IE 8..... there was this pop-up error that said:

"the Ordinal 58 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll."

HELP anyone?

P.S.

how do you eliminate the damn "runannounce homepage?"

A:deleted my internet explorer 7 and installed explorer beta 8

no one can help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/deleted-my-internet-explorer-7-and-installed-explorer-beta-8-a-248249.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently installed Ubuntu on my HP Mini - NR deleted boot! Installed Ubuntu, Help! No the Ubuntu Partitions. then deleted the partitions that had Ubuntu on them not knowing that Ubuntu comes with GRUB and sets itself as the default boot for that system Now that GRUB is not installed since it was on my only HDD it looks for the GRUB partition which does not exist so I get an error on a command script that shows as follows Help! Installed Ubuntu, deleted the Ubuntu Partitions. No boot! quot GRUB -error no such partition quot grub rescue gt I still have Ubuntu on a flash drive And I have my sister's computer to use until I get mine fixed so I need help I downloaded the Win Recovery Disc but I don't have a program that can write the ISO image file to a USB flash Help! Installed Ubuntu, deleted the Ubuntu Partitions. No boot! drive so I need to know how to get the ISO on the USB Drive or how to fix the boot for Win I'm willing to do anything lol I've already done a couple hours worth of 'Google-ing' for how to fix this error and have come empty-handed Please help And if this information helps I have a Volume D with the recovery files on my hard drive

A:Help! Installed Ubuntu, deleted the Ubuntu Partitions. No boot!

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create
YouTube - How to install Windows 7 from USB (WinToFlash)

First mark the WIn7 partition Active from the Repair CD command line: Partition - Mark as Active

Then click through to Recovery Tools list to run Startup Repair up to 3 separate times with reboots until WIn7 starts.

You may have to wipe the partition with GRUB first: Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/95280-help-installed-ubuntu-deleted-ubuntu-partitions-no-boot.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have setup a Site-to-Site VPN using Sophos UTM at each end I set up an Ubuntu VM as Browsing + WINS = Server SAMBA SIte Service to IPsec VPN Work Site Not a WINS Server using Samba So far so good VPN Works My problem is with the WINS Server I have taken two Windows computers and for both of them added the IP of the WINS server under Advanced TCP IP Settings and changed NetBIOS to Enable NetBIOS over TCP IP The results are close but not quite right The two computers with the modified settings can now ping each other using computer name rather than IP Other computers on each end of the VPN can not do that SAMBA WINS Server + IPsec SIte to Site VPN = Browsing Service Not Work That said neither computer shows up in the Networks of the other This is what I am trying to fix It appears that name resolution is working for the computers that check in with the WINS server but that the Windows browsing service is not adding those computers to the network The LANs are and the WINS server is on and it comes back as MSBROWSE for that network For the computer that connects to the WINS server is showing MSBROWSE when I check with nbtstat When I check services Computer Browser is running Can someone help me or at least point me in the right direction This really shouldn't be this hard so I feel like I'm missing something obvious

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/60428-samba-wins-server-ipsec-site-site-vpn-browsing-service-not-work.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Dear Friend I am Anil from India I have recently joined the forum after struggling for a week to stablise my unstable PC I used to have some Anti Virus software on my pc before few years But window beginning Not other able microsoft update, site, https:// anti0virus with any open website to site, since last few years I was not having any AV software as this PC was not being used for surfing etc Since I started to use it again for surfing downloading etc I wanted to instal avast AV software I installed it from some recent installer file with me But when it tried to Not able to open anti0virus site, microsoft site, window update, any other website beginning with https:// update the virus database I got the message that quot can't connect to server quot Then I tried to open avast com But I again got the error message quot The page cannot be displayed quot Then I Not able to open anti0virus site, microsoft site, window update, any other website beginning with https:// uninstalled the avast and tried to open other antivirus sites like Not able to open anti0virus site, microsoft site, window update, any other website beginning with https:// norton mcafee avg etc but all failed Then I tried to update my system using automatoc update utility But again failed microsoft com also failed to open I use GPRS connection through cellular connection to browse the network Now I have downloaded and installed Hijack This Log file generated by it as follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - HKLM Run Sony Ericsson PC Suite quot C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe quot startoptions O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip A A B -E AE- -A - AB E F CA NameServer -- End of file - bytes PLz help me out Thanks in advance Anil

A:Not able to open anti0virus site, microsoft site, window update, any other website beginning with https://

Please make sure you disable ALL of your Antivirus/Antispyware/Firewall before running ComboFix.. Please visit HERE if you don't know how.. Please re-enable them back after performing all steps given..Please download ComboFix by sUBs from one of the locations below, and save it to your Desktop.Link 1Link 2Link 3Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.If ComboFix asked you to install Recovery Console, please do so.. It will be your best interest..When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log and a fresh HijackThis log in your next reply..Note: DON'T do anything with your computer while ComboFix is running.. Let ComboFix finishes its job..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222712/not-able-to-open-anti0virus-site-microsoft-site-window-update-any-other-website-beginning-with-https/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have undesired internet window opening credit history adult site when trying to access standard site yahoo I tried using all the tools antivirus spybot adware that I have but could not remove it Thanks a lot for helping me Here is my logLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon Trying Internet When Standard (yahoo...) History, (credit Undesired To Access Site Site...) Adult Window exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS System ibmpmsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exeC WINDOWS Undesired Internet Window (credit History, Adult Site...) When Trying To Access Standard Site (yahoo...) System S EvMon exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exeC Program Files Fichiers Undesired Internet Window (credit History, Adult Site...) When Trying To Access Standard Site (yahoo...) communs Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmsrvc exeC WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXEC WINDOWS System RegSrvc exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exeC program files Marimba TunerClient Tuner exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exeC WINDOWS system tp serv exeC WINDOWS System igfxtray exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system RunDll exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp ExeC PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exeC WINDOWS system TpShocks exeC Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exeC Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exeC Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeC program files Sagem printscreen printscreen exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files Fichiers communs Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC PROGRA ThinkPad CONNEC QCWLIcon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files SAGEM IpInfo IpInfo exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC Program Files Notes NLNOTES EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS msagent AgentSvr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http intranet sagem R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http intranet sagem R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName LiensO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dllO - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dllO - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF... Read more

A:Undesired Internet Window (credit History, Adult Site...) When Trying To Access Standard Site (yahoo...)

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis forum gelito23 Download ATF Cleaner by Atribune:http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=1Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Click 'Select All' found at the bottom of the list.Click the 'Empty Selected' button.If you use Firefox browser, do this also:Click Firefox at the top and choose 'Select All' from the list.Click the 'Empty Selected' button.NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords,please click 'No' at the prompt.If you use Opera browser,do this also:Click Opera at the top and choose 'Select All' from the list.Click the 'Empty Selected' button.NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords,please click 'No' at the prompt.Click 'Exit' on the Main menu to close the program.**********************************Download and run Fixwareout from the link below: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/lonny/Fixwareout.exeAfter the reboot post the contents of the logfile C:\fixwareout\report.txt in your next reply,along with a new Hijackthis log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84887/undesired-internet-window-credit-history-adult-site-when-trying-to-access-standard-site-yahoo/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi I m a complete network newb but am helping out a Montessori school with their issues Hopefully someone can help Site A has the main WAN link coming in to a Cisco router then going to a Sonicwall appliance then to a port unmanaged switch There is also a point to point link to site B This has another Cisco router on each end of the link At site A it s also plugged into the port switch and plugged into another port switch at site B There is a DC with DNS and DHCP at site A and a DHCP server at Site B Site A s IP achema is x and site B is x with subnet masks of The circuit sides of the point to point connection is amp The problem they ve been having for the Site helping routing site newb school to a issues.. last month or so is that the connection at site B would drop all together or be very slow and sporadic Yesterday I tried downloading a mb file from the internet and couldn t get the whole thing even after trying for an hour it kept timing out Downloading the same file from site A I was done in seconds Here s the wierd part If I do a tracert from site A to site B s server it sometimes works meaning it ll trace in a couple hops to the server When it doesn t it tries to route out over the internet with the first hop Site to site routing issues.. newb helping a school being a address which is the service provider Century Link says the point-to-point T circuit is fine but am reaching out to see if anyone can give me a hand with this I ve been told we may have to add a route to our Sonicwall but I m not sure that s the problem I did add a static route from to which is the gateway to the other site It seems to help but I still get the occasional dropped packet like every seconds just like before It doesn t seem to try and route through the internet anymore at least Does anyone have any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/site-to-site-routing-issues-newb-helping-a-school.1028170/
Relevancy 38.27%

Unwanted Favorites on Boot Porn Site and Search site Already ran Spybot Can any one help with clearing up this problem How can it be avoided in the future Here is my scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES HOMENETWORK ICM EXE D PROGRAM FILES AVKSERVICE EXE D PROGRAM FILES AVKWCTL EXE C Site Favorites Unwanted Boot(Porn on site) Search and WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE D PROGRAM FILES OAKTASK EXE D PROGRAM FILES OAK SIMPLICD REWRITE IWCTRL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ICSMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES HOMENETWORK ICMMONITOR EXE D PROGRAM FILES AVKPOP EXE D GREETINGS WORKSHOP GWREMIND EXE D OFFICE FINDFAST EXE D PROGRAM FILES QUICKDCF EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETZERO ZCAST EXE C WINDOWS Unwanted Favorites on Boot(Porn Site and Search site) SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETZERO CHKRAS EXE C PROGRAM FILES Unwanted Favorites on Boot(Porn Site and Search site) INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM epspmgr exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM epdsplr exe C WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http server smartbotpro net search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by ZDNet O - BHO no name - CBB A A - - D - D- B - C PROGRA SURFSA SURFSA DLL SpybotSDDisabled file missing O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run OAKSTART D PROGRA OAKSTART EXE O - HKLM Run OAKTASK D PROGRA OAKTASK EXE O - HKLM Run IW Controlcenter D PROGRA OAKSIM IWCTRL EXE O - HKLM Run ICSMGR ICSMGR EXE O - HKLM Run Msoffice C WINDOWS FONTS msoffice hta O - HKLM Run System Service C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSREXE EXE O - HKLM Run RegisterDropHandler C PROGRA TEXTBR BIN REGIST EXE O - HKLM Run InstantAccess C PROGRA TEXTBR BIN INSTAN EXE h O - HKLM Run RegShave C Progra REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE autorun O - HKLM Run ICMMonitor C PROGRAM FILES HOMENETWORK ICMMonitor exe O - HKLM RunServices RegisterDropHandler C PROGRA TEXTBR BIN REGIST EXE O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices ICMEngine C PROGRAM FILES HOMENETWORK ICM EXE - Xservice O - HKLM RunServices AVKService D PROGRA AVKSER EXE O - HKLM RunServices AVKWCtl D PROGRA AVKWCTL EXE O - HKLM RunServices RNBOStart C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNBOSENT SENTSTRT EXE O - Startup Event Reminder lnk C Program Files Broderbund PrintMaster PMremind exe O - Startup Greetings Workshop Reminders lnk D Greetings Workshop GWREMIND EXE O - Startup Microsoft Find Fast lnk D Office FINDFAST EXE O - Startup E... Read more

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,Problem ::: Cant browse anti-virus websites and the sites alikeSystem Info::: Windows Server 2003 (as a desktop)Attempt ::: I have been reading a lot of posts and there's nothing related to the problems I'm having. :: I scanned the system with Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition but there problems are still the same.:: I scanned the system with HJT and had the log analyzed but there was no nasty app runningI'm attaching the HJT log. I cant attach the DDS log since DDS doesn't support Win 2003Please, any suggestion is very welcome.

A:Can't browse antivirus site or the site alike. Spyware cant update

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. You can find information on A/V control HEREOrange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/212042/cant-browse-antivirus-site-or-the-site-alike-spyware-cant-update/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi Guys I've done a fair amount of googling before referring myself to W Forums I hope this helps someone else in the process Since rolling out Windows we've noticed users are having difficulty accessing their personal user data drives via File Explorer Let me make a scenario which is understandable In Site HQ we can connect (URGENT) Network Upgrade) Site-to-Site issues (Since W10 connectivity to the file server e g access FS without any issues- Where user data is stored In the remote site Site we can do the same e g FS At our HQ when running Windows we Site-to-Site Network connectivity issues (Since W10 Upgrade) (URGENT) are able to File Explore Site-to-Site Network connectivity issues (Since W10 Upgrade) (URGENT) to FS but since the upgrade we're unable to This occurs both ways We can ping our servers and remote desktop Server infrastructure VMWare ESX File servers in question are Windows Server ONLY Windows server R servers have the issue Standard edition is fine all patches have been applied via WSUS Can anybody shed any light on this Site-to-Site Network connectivity issues (Since W10 Upgrade) (URGENT) Thanks in advance IT Apprentice

A:Site-to-Site Network connectivity issues (Since W10 Upgrade) (URGENT)

Still on fix or progress. Please see my issue posted here also: Site-to-Site Network connectivity issues (Since W10 Upgrade)

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42534-site-site-network-connectivity-issues-since-w10-upgrade-urgent.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I may not have this under the correct section and please keep in mind that I am not a programmer but here goes I am trying to add a hyperlink in Outlook signature file then a child open site to syntax site and Hyperlink parent that will open a child site but the child site seems to need some personalized information in the cache that comes from opening a parent site first Parent site http www mywildtree com chad Child Site http www mywildtree com shop catalog aspx When the child site is opened directly without opening parent first it loads forever The parent site does not require any authenication it just has Hyperlink syntax to open a parent site and then child site to be opened first and then the child site operates correctly Is there a simple way to have one hyperlink either Hyperlink syntax to open a parent site and then child site a open two sites one after the other in the same window or b open the childsite with a parent site dependancy tag bookmark on the hyperlink I have been on google searching all afternoon and haven't had any luck yet so any help is appreciated Thank you

A:Hyperlink syntax to open a parent site and then child site

Welcome to Seven Forums chadseeg. The Shop Now link shows as actually being http://www.mywildtree.com/shop/preshop.aspx, and this appears to redirect to http://www.mywildtree.com/shop/catalog.aspx.

Firefox blames the redirection

It looks like the script on the page is written to specifically prevent going directly to the shopping catalog without going through the home page. I'm not a webmaster, so I am unsure if this is intentional or not. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/232947-hyperlink-syntax-open-parent-site-then-child-site.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I might have 50 web site tabs and am looking at one of them. All of a sudden, another web site starts with a voice and I can't determine which tab it's on. Trying to listen to two sites (or more) is ridiculous. How can I find the offending web site?

Also, some web sites will present and audio "story" which cannot be paused or stopped (unless you close the page). Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you.......

A:How find web site that is making voice sounds when site not in focus

Open Volume Mixer (right click Volume icon in notification area) and mute the whichever you want. The pages with sound will have green volume bar moving up and down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/376560-how-find-web-site-making-voice-sounds-when-site-not-focus.html
Relevancy 38.27%

i also seem to have a lot of com active redirecting, site, type get google in a different site weird downloading x errors also i had symantec and removed but believe monsters still there Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer google redirecting, type in site get a different site, weird downloading EXEC WINDOWS system PRISMSVR EXEC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Comcast Desktop google redirecting, type in site get a different site, weird downloading Doctor bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files comcasttb ComcastSpywareScan ComcastAntispy exeC Program Files comcasttb ComcastSpywareScan ComcastAntiSpyService exeC Program Files CA PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Registry Clean Expert RCHelper exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet ExplorerO - BHO Comcast Toolbar - CEEA E-C - - E B- B A F B - C Program Files comcasttb comcastdx dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dllO - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar Comcast Toolbar - CEEA E-C - - E B- B A F B - C Program Files comcasttb comcastdx dllO - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - HKLM Run mcagent exe quot C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe quot runkeyO - HKLM Run McENUI C PROGRA McAfee MHN McENUI exe hideO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ddoctorv quot C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtcmd exe quot P ddoctorv O - HKCU Run ComcastAntispyClient quot C Program Files comcasttb ComcastSpywareScan ComcastAntispy exe quot hideO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A -... Read more

A:google redirecting, type in site get a different site, weird downloading

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.??If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine.??Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links.??Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool.??No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note:??You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.??After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection.??Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.??Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251275/google-redirecting-type-in-site-get-a-different-site-weird-downloading/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello all Good to join this forum Anyway Please can someone support me regarding connecting a Windows Server standard that needs to connect to another Windows server in another country outside of UK Site B The ports and are also open in the firewall and also the Draytek (BT - VPN site Server IP 2008 Address) Public B to Site A dial-out/in. n router therefore I can see the ports open via yougetsignal com We have public Static IP address from BT that is already in the Draytek router on Site A UK How is the simplest or easiest way to connect these Window servers so a management program that uses MySQL Database server can talk to the Site B server or vice-versa Both sites have a Public IP address Can this be done by the WIndows firewall inbound rules VPN - Server 2008 dial-out/in. Site A to site B (BT Public IP Address) outbound rules where the port is set There is an option to enter a Remote IP address under scope which I assume is the Site B s public IP address within the inbound firewall properties The other way is the VPN on the Draytek n There is an option for Lan to Lan using IPSec but not sure the best settings for Dial-out or Dial-in There is usernames and passwords that not sure of including the Remote gateway or Remote IP to use We have different routers on Site A and Site B are not the same Thanks Guys nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-server-2008-dial-out-in-site-a-to-site-b-bt-public-ip-address.1079080/